Chicago by KrisB
Summary:

 

Third installment of the JC and Kennelly story.


Categories: In Progress Het Stories Characters: JC Chasez
Awards: None
Genres: None
Challenges: None
Series: Love Without Borders
Chapters: 8 Completed: Yes Word count: 14450 Read: 3665 Published: Oct 04, 2015 Updated: Dec 05, 2015

1. Chapter 1 by KrisB

2. Chapter 2 by KrisB

3. Chapter 3 by KrisB

4. Chapter 4 by KrisB

5. Chapter 5 by KrisB

6. Chapter 6 by KrisB

7. Chapter 7 by KrisB

8. Chapter 8 by KrisB

Chapter 1 by KrisB

JC and Kennelly spoke every few days and texted every day. He asked about her everyday life and she asked about his recording sessions. They got to know each other even better after her trip to LA. Nearly every phone call he asked when she could come back out to see him. She hadn’t been able to work it out yet and he was frustrated. She seemed to have time for her other friends and even a Luke Bryan concert with Marilyn in Indiana but she couldn’t get back out to him. Their last phone call had ended a little heatedly because she finally snapped at him, reminding him that planes came to Chicago just as often as LA. He was speechless for a full minute before she took a deep breath and told him good night.

Now his birthday was in three days and he was restless. He couldn’t decide if he wanted to stay in LA with some friends and party it up, or be low key with the family. His Mom was practically chomping at the bit for him to visit and he knew he could surprise Kennelly if he decided to go to Illinois. He definitely wanted to see her again but wanted to keep his family celebration separate.

"Hi, Mom." JC smiled when his mom answered the phone the day before his birthday. "How are you?"

"I’m good, honey. How are you? Did you decide what you’re doing for your big day tomorrow?"

"Yeah, I decided. Can you pick me up at O’Hare tonight?"

"YES!" She laughed. "What time?"

He gave her the information and they chatted for a few more minutes. After they hung up, he finished packing his small bag. He didn’t plan on spending too many days in Chicago but wanted to have options. With his bag in hand, he headed to the front door then called a car service so he wouldn’t have to worry about either vehicle when he was away. He didn’t have too long before he’d get picked up so he flipped through his phone, smiling when he saw the latest text from Kennelly and answering her.

You’re nearly another year older. How’s it feel to be one more step closer to 40? –K

You aren’t too far behind me, smartass. – C

You will always go first, punk.

He laughed out loud and shook his head. She kept him in good spirits and never seemed to stay mad at him for too long. They did disagree but she could usually defuse the situation before it went too far.

I miss ur face. Wish I could c u on ur big day. Clocking out soon then heading to the bakery. Unsure what’s on the agenda. Wish it was ur cake.

Would u lick it off me? I do enjoy ur tongue.

Guess u’ll never know. L8r! Mwah – K

With a groan, he slid his phone back in his pocket. She was making it hard to keep his visit a surprise. Finally the car came and he headed to the airport. The flight was uneventful and he landed in Chicago several hours later. It was just after 5 PM local time when he hugged his Mom and climbed into her car. She talked lively as she drove them away from the airport.

"Dad is grilling some chicken for tonight and I ordered you a cake." She smiled over at him. "White with raspberry filling and buttercream icing."

"Delish!"

"We need to pick it up on the way home."

"OK." He squeezed her hand, very happy he chose to come out. "I have a friend who works in a bakery here in the city but I don’t know the name."

"Oh, well, if you find it out, I’ll try it out the next time we need a cake. I like helping your friends."

He loved how sweet his mom was and how she tried to help everyone. Amazingly, she always saw the best in people and he silently wondered what she’d think of Kennelly. They chatted as she navigated the heavy traffic then they pulled up to a small white building with The Cake Shoppe on the glass windows. He met his Mom at the shop entrance, opening the door for her. Immediately they were greeted by an amazing sweet smell. The bell above the door rang and he heard a woman call out from the back.

"Wow!"

"I know." Karen grinned and moved to the packaged bread on the left. "I think we’ll have some French bread with dinner."

"Cool."

The door to the back of the bakery pushed open and JC laughed out loud, hurrying to the counter. He saw Kennelly shake her head in disbelief before coming around the counter to hug him, not seeing his Mom. He scooped her up into a big bear hug as they laughed and she kissed his cheek.

"What are you doing here, punk?"

"Picking up the birthday cake my Mom ordered," he answered then turned her to face his Mom. "Mom, this is the friend I was telling you about, the one whose family owns a bakery. This is Kennelly McCabe."

"He just said that in the car like ten minutes ago." Karen smiled and came to shake Kennelly’s hand. "It’s nice to meet you. I’m Karen."

"You as well. Is your cake white with raspberry filling?"

"Yes, ma’am."

"I just finished it." Ken laughed and headed back behind the counter. "Let me grab it."

She returned with the quarter sheet cake to proudly display for his mother. It looked amazing with crisp boarders and delicate writing. Happy Birthday Josh was written in blue frosting and it had a few balloons. Thinking how delicious the cake looked, JC grinned at her over his Mom’s shoulder.

"This looks fabulous. Thank you!" Karen smiled warmly. "I’m going to look around a little more. I know I want a loaf of this crusty, French bread."

Karen stepped away to look at the pies and JC leaned on the counter, watching as Kennelly boxed up his cake. She looked happy, her eyes practically dancing across his face and he couldn’t stop smiling. She was definitely what he needed. She was like a breath of fresh air and he took inhaled deeply, pulling her in as close as possible.

"You look good, punk." She winked at him. "I can’t believe you’re here."

"I’d planned to call you later and get your address then just show up on your doorstep but this is better."

"Agreed. I feel like if I look away too long, you won’t REALLY be here."

"So…what are you wearing under that baker’s jacket?" He flirted, glancing over his shoulder to see where is Mom was. "Please tell me nothing but a push up bra."

"HA! No such luck, punk."

"A guy can hope."

"Maybe I would have been more prepared had I known you were coming," she whispered as she propped her elbows on the counter, bringing them face to face. "I’d really like to kiss your handsome face."

"I know. Me, too…but…"

"It’ll lead to a lot of questions from your Mom."

"Yeah."

"When can I get you alone…and naked for your birthday spankings?" Ken teased quietly, rubbing the back of his hands. "I’m being clingy and demanding, I know, but I’m just excited that you’re here."

"I’ve missed you so much. I’ll figure something out."

"It’s been weeks since I was in LA."

"I remember." He smiled, turning his hands over so he could rub his fingers along the pulse point at her wrist. "I haven’t been with anyone since you were there."

Pulling back in surprise, he watched her grinned stupidly. He wanted nothing more than to lean in and kissed her mouth, stroke her tongue with his and relearn her flavor. She was under his skin and he didn’t want to leave her now that he’d seen her.

"I think I want a cherry pie, Kennelly," his mom interrupted from the wall to his left. "And do you have any sticky buns left?"

"I’m sorry but we don’t have any sticky buns right now. I have some dough rising but they won’t be ready until tomorrow morning. I can reserve some for you, if you’d like."

"I can come get them in the morning, Mom."

"Can you do anything ‘in the morning’?" Ken teased as she rolled her eyes. "Sure, C. I’ll believe it when I see it."

JC laughed loudly and squeezed her hand before taking the pie from his Mom. Kennelly was right that he wasn’t great at mornings and he loved that she called him on it, even in front of his Mom.

"Yes, please reserve a dozen sticky buns and I’ll send Dad over." Karen laughed and patted JC’s shoulder. "Dad is better at mornings, sweetie."

"I can do mornings when I’m motivated." JC defended then reached for his wallet but Karen stopped him. "Mom…."

"It’s your birthday so you aren’t paying."

He realized Kennelly had packed up the cake, pie and bread into a large bag with handles. Fluidly, he watched her make quick work of the transaction. JC stood with the bag in hand and smiled at Kennelly, trying to figure out a way to be alone with her long enough for a kiss. His Mom met him at the door and he opened it for her, following her out with a smiled over his shoulder. He noticed the bakery closed at 7 then loaded the bag into the backseat.

"Sweetie, could you grab a business card from inside? I don’t have their number and I want to make sure they have the buns before I send Dad tomorrow."

"Sure." JC grinned and forced himself to calmly walk back inside. "Ken….."

He eyed her as she came around the counter, their bodies collided in the middle of the storefront. He felt her hands in his hair and her lips on his. Pulling her in closer, he plunged his tongue into her mouth, moaning at her flavor. He inhaled the sweet smell of cupcakes and laughed.

"God, you taste so good," he mumbled and bit her neck. "So good."

"You liked the way my pussy tastes too, if memory serves me."

He growled and pushed his hardening cock into her stomach. There had to be a way to get her alone tonight so he could get back inside of her.

"Your Mom is waiting, punk."

"I don’t want to stop," he whispered into her neck then licked up to her ear. "Tell me I can see you tonight."

"Baby, I would be extremely disappointed if you couldn’t get away tonight……..but I’d understand."

"I’ll figure it out."

She nodded then took a shuddering breath. He plucked a business card from the display for his Mom then kissed Kennelly one more time before smoothing down his hair and heading back outside. As he got to the door, he looked over his shoulder once more.

"Text me your address, Ken."

"Doing it as soon as I grab my phone from the back."

Chapter 2 by KrisB
Author's Notes:

 

Dinner with the parents before some fun with Ken.

God JC loved family. He sat at the kitchen counter, watching his Mom stir a pasta salad. He could see his Dad just outside the patio door, flipping the chicken on of the grill. He grinned stupidly, enjoying being home with them. It didn’t matter if he was at their house in Chicago or the condo they kept near Orlando, his parents were his home. Yeah, he loved his own homes and being on his own but there was something so comforting about hanging with his folks.

"Honey, do you want a beer? Or wine? Or tea?" She glanced over her shoulder as she pulled condiments from the fridge. "Can you take these out to the patio table, please?"

Grabbing the condiments and two beers, he headed to the patio table. He cracked open one beer and handed it to his dad before cracked his own. His dad smiled over at him then passed the full plate of chicken. JC placed it on the table then grabbed the pasta salad from his mom when she came through the door. The three of them settled down for a delicious meal and easy conversation.

"Baby Reagan is growing like a weed." Karen smiled as she cut her chicken. "She’s bigger each time we skype with Tyler. I can’t wait to see her in a few weeks. Do you think you’ll come to Orlando for Labor Day?"

JC paused in lifting his fork to his mouth. "Yes, I’ll be there. I already purchased my plane ticket."

"Great, son." Roy smiled. "It’s been a few months since all you kids were together. It pleases your Mom so much to see all three of you together."

"Now that Tyler and Heather have settled close to each other, I think your sister might have a baby of her own soon."

"Is Heather pregnant?" Shocked knowing his sister had said many time she wasn’t sure she wanted kids.

"No, but your mother is hoping."

All three chuckled and that made JC wonder if Kennelly had had her period since their unprotected experience. He pulled out his phone, seeing her address but thought it would be better to wait until they were face to face to ask, knowing text messages could be misconstrued or too blunt.

"Josh, we are thinking about redoing the master bathroom in the condo." Roy added some more pasta salad to his plate. "Mom wants a double sink."

"That’s cool. Are you going to replace everything? Or just the sink?"

He listened to his parents discussed their ideas and gave a few of his own. After dinner, the conversation kept going while they cleaned up. Later in the living room, he watched his parents sit together on the couch when most couples their age would have their own recliners. His dad’s arm went around his mom’s shoulders.

"I love you guys." He grinned and sipped a fresh beer. "This is the most relaxing place to be."

"We’re always glad to have you home, sweetie."

"Always," his dad added and tapped his beer with JC’s. "We were a little surprised that you wanted a low key birthday this year."

"Well, next year is a BIG number so I thought I’d change it up this year."

"Does that have anything to do with the pretty baker from earlier?" Karen acted casual as she eyed him and filled Roy in. "Josh knew the baker who made his cake."

"Oh really?"

"Kennelly and I are just friends." JC started down the usual path then sighed. "Actually, she does have a little bit to do with me being here. It’s just coincidence that we went to her bakery."

"Are you going to see her while you’re in town?"

"Yes, Mom."

"Honey, don’t make the boy blush," Roy said, patting Karen’s shoulder. "Just let him be."

JC would never admit it but he enjoyed the ribbing. It showed him that his parents still worried about him even though he was an adult. They talked for another hour before he got antsy about making his exit.

"Just go." Roy laughed and tossed over his truck keys. "House keys are on that ring. Just be quiet when you come in."

"Thanks, Dad."

"Be careful, sweetie."

After kissing his mother’s cheek, he headed in Ken’s direction, easily programming her address in his phone. He grabbed some beer from a gas station before arriving at her place, expecting an apartment but finding modern condos instead. Unsure which one was hers and unable to read the numbers without his glasses, he dialed her number.

"Hello, punk. Please tell me you snuck out of your parents’ house and are on your way here," she purred into the phone. "I changed into a new push up bra."

"Fuck, Ken! Open the door and wave at me so I know which place is yours."

He hung up and waited for her to open a door. The bright red one swung open and there she was, grinning like a fool and dancing with excitement. He pulled the truck into an empty spot, grabbed the beer and headed into her arms.

"Hello!" She yelped when he lifted her off of her feet. "Yikes!"

"Wrap those lickable legs around me, love."

"Are you going to lick them, punk?"

"I plan to lick ALL of your skin," he mumbled into her neck, taking them into the condo and kicked the door shut. "Where do you want me to put the beer?"

"Fridge is where I like to keep it."

"Smartmouth."

"I thought you liked my mouth," she quipped and wiggled in his hold. "Are you going to put me down?"

"I love your mouth and I’ll put you down just as soon as I find the fucking bedroom."

She laughed wildly while grasping his shoulders, her legs firmly locked around his slim hips.

Managing to get the beer into the fridge without dropping it, he gripped her ass and pulled her closer to him. After he passed through the living room, he climbed the stairs before turning right at her direction. He dumped her into the center of her queen bed, covering her body with his.

"Kiss me, punk." She laughed and pulled his head down, meeting his lips for a long, heated kiss. "You leave me breathless."

"You knock me off of my feet when I see you for the first time after a break."

"It’s almost your birthday…..why don’t you show me your birthday suit?"

Her playfulness made him laugh as he allowed her to remove his shirt. He shimmied out of his jeans once he’d kicked off his shoes and she growled in approval, his arousal outlined in his boxer briefs. He pulled her into a sitting position and removed her shirt.

"Yummy!" He growled then whistled at her raised breasts. "You got me EXACTLY what I wished for."

She laughed and removed her shorts then reached across the bed to grab a condom from the drawer. JC was slightly disappointed that they were going to use on but he also assumed not using one was a once in a lifetime thing. He took advantage of her back and unclasped her bra, sliding his hands around to cup her breasts.

"Hello, ladies."

"Mmm…C…." Kennelly groaned as he came up over her and opened her legs. "Do you want it from the back, birthday boy?"

"I want it deep, hard and fast. I don’t care from what angle."

She started to say something but it got stuck in her throat when he pushed his thumbs through the crotch of her panties. Ripping the lace in half, he felt her readiness and worked his mouth across her naked back. He watched her move her knees together and pushed back into him. He quickly sheathed himself then settled his knees on the outside of her legs and entered her.

"Don’t fucking tease me, punk. Do it!"

He laughed and slammed his hips forward, filling her up. Both of them groaned at the feeling of being reconnected then really started to move. He stroked deep inside her, feeling her meet each of his strokes.

From her position, she grabbed his hand to bring it to her swinging breasts.

Taking the hint, he massaged the mound as their bodies collided over and over. Words didn’t yet exist to describe how amazing it felt as sweat started to drip off of him.

"More…..More…..Oh……" Kennelly panted as she moved against him. "Come on, punk….."

He drove harder into her and she cried out, her body exploding into bliss. JC kept going pushing as deep as possible each time. He felt her arms wobble so he pushed her down onto her stomach, the position change making a tighter channel for him. Bracing her with one hand on her shoulder and the other on her hip, he pounded into her a few more times before he saw stars.

"KEN!!"

"AH!" She cried out as she came again.

JC dropped his head on her back and panted, sweat still dripping off of him. From his angle of sight, it looked like his cock was swallowed by her ass and his shaft jerked in excitement.

"I’m going to need a few minutes before we go again, punk," Kennelly panted as she squeezed her vaginal walls around his cock. "I’ve missed you."

"I’ve missed you, too, Ken."

With the last ounces of strength, he to pulled out and flopped next to her. He panted and removed the condom, tying it off. Ken pointed to his side of the bed and he tossed it into the small trash can before facing her. He lazily trailed his finger tips down her back and she smiled.

"I can’t believe you’re here," she whispered and moved against him, draping one of her arms over his middle. "Kiss me."

He lifted his face to meet her mouth then pulled her closer, working one of his legs between hers as he yawned. There was no denying how much he loved the feel of her skin on his. He kissed her once more then ended it with a loud smack of his lips. She laughed and he winked at her.

End Notes:

 

 

What do you think? Like it? Hate it? 

Chapter 3 by KrisB

“So……Ken,” JC started cautiously as he sat on her plush leather couch. “I have a question for you and I don’t want you to get pissed off. OK?”

 “Uh…OK, I’ll try.” 

“Have you had your period since we were unprotected?” 

“Yes. I guess I should have texted you but it felt awkward,” she said with a shrug. “I didn’t really think you were worried about it because I’m on the pill.” 

“Nothing is 100 percent.” 

“Abstinence is.” 

“That doesn’t seem to be a realistic option for us.”

He laughed and pulled her down on the couch with him. She kissed him before depositing her legs across his lap so she sat sideways on the couch.  He rubbed her calf, leaning into her. He felt her shudder when his lips moved to her neck, then her fingers were in his hair. 

“C.” She groaned and rolled her neck so he could move more freely. “Now I have a question for you and I don’t want to piss you off.” 

“What do you want to know, Ken?” 

“Earlier at the bakery, you said you hadn’t been with anyone since I was in LA.” 

“I haven’t,” he mumbled and his tongue flicked against her soft skin. “You smell amazing…..like cupcakes and sex. You should make a new line of cupcakes called Better Than Sex.” 

“HA! That’s already a cake.” 

“True.” 

“So…” She sighed and pulled on his hair. “Do you mean that you haven’t fucked anyone? Or had any hand jobs? Or been sucked off? Or...what exactly?” 

“None of it.” 

“Really?”  

“Really.” He pulled back and made eye contact. “No one in ANY shape or form since you were in my bed.” 

“Why not?” 

“I…Ken...I’ve only had sex with someone else once since you sat next to me in the airport.” 

“Are you serious?” 

“Yes, it was with Sasha about two weeks after I got back to LA…” 

“Of course, Sasha.” Ken made a face and rolled her eyes. “She looks ready to go all the time.” 

“And I couldn’t come. I was hard and we were getting down but I just couldn’t get off.” 

“Is she just that loose?” 

“Ken, don’t be crass.” He laughed and swatted her hip. “It just felt different than before I was with you.” 

“Different how?” 

“I’ve been trying to figure that out for weeks. I almost thought there was something different or wrong with my cock, then you arrived in LA and he was back with a vengeance.” 

“I do enjoy him.” She smirked then winked a she moved her feet in his lap. “I enjoy him a LOT.” 

“He REALLY enjoys you, too.” 

“He can enjoy me again, if he wants.” 

“Oh, he wants.” JC grinned as he caressed her breast over her girlie nightie. “But I don’t think we’re done talking just yet.” 

“So…no Sasha.” 

“Nope.” 

“What about the other FWBs?” she asked cautiously and looked at him from lowered eyes. “I don’t know their names.” 

“You don’t need to. They are my friends so they will still be in my life. I don’t like making enemies, especially when they have had intimate knowledge of me.” 

“You don’t want all of the world to know how…robust you are?” 

“Robust!?!” He laughed and pulled her further onto his lap. “I don’t think my cock has ever been called THAT before.” 

“How about husky? Full-bodied? Powerhouse? Fucking awesome?” 

“Maybe one or two of those.” 

“Oh, maybe, huh?” She teased and moved to straddle him, her fingers back in his hair. “So what are you saying about your FWBs?” 

“I’m saying I think they will just be friends while I explore what this is with you.” 

“So…my FWBs should go back to just friends?” 

“Do you have FWBs? Because I thought you weren’t seeing anyone. Or did that change since you were in LA?” JC was incredibly still as he waited for her answer. 

“I’m only fucking one person right now and he’s nearly naked on my couch tonight.” 

“Good!” 

“You looked a little worried for a second,” she teased and pressed her chest into his. “Were you worried you’d have to beat some guy’s ass?” 

“Not really. I would have just been disappointed to share you.” 

“C…” 

“Yeah?” he asked as she moved her lips along his jaw line. “I don’t like to share.” She nipped his earlobe. “I like having my own things to play with.” 

Laughing, he rubbed her outer thighs, enjoying the feel of her soft skin against his warm palms. He felt the lace of her nightie rub his chest, slightly snagging the spackle of chest hair. It felt rough but sensual and he slid his hand up under the silky material. 

“I know it’s splitting more hairs but…did we just agree to be exclusive?” 

“Yeah, I think we did.” Kennelly giggled and kissed him heatedly. “I personally think that’s fucking hot.” 

“Me, too. I believe we have just agreed that I’m the only man who gets to touch you like this.” 

“Oh!” 

“You like that?” He laughed and kept petting along the seam of her pussy. “You’re wet and steamy.” 

“For you.” 

“That’s just how I like you.” 

She laughed loudly then went back to kissing and nipping along his jaw. He enjoyed how it felt to have her hands and mouth on him.  Her hands were soft and warm and they seemed to be everywhere. One set of fingers were back in his hair, pulling his head back, allowing her more access to his neck. She licked him from his chin down to the slight hollow at the base of his neck, taking the time to nip his Adam’s apple.  

“Ken.” He groaned and rolled his hips up into her. “Take me back inside.” 

She eased back on her knees slightly and surprised him by pulling a foil packet from the lacy cup of her short gown. Using her teeth to open it was super hot and he growled. He took the condom and rolled it down his shaft as she crowded in, hovering over his cock.  

“Guide him in,” she panted and lifted the silky gown out of the way so she could see. “Hmm…stroke him once for me…You look so hot…I think you should stroke off and let me watch later.” 

“Baby, I’ll do just about anything you want me to do…just take me back inside that velvety Heaven…Oh…OH YEAH!” 

Kennelly descended slowly down onto him and he enjoyed every hot centimeter. She held him so tightly and he loved it. Pushing hips up into her, he saw her back arch and felt her moan in pleasure. He watched her breasts move against the lacy cups of her gown then flicked his tongue across the tops of her creamy skin. His hands found the thin straps and he pulled them down her arms, pushing the cups down and freeing her breasts. Her hardened nipples were begging for his tongue. Dipping his mouth lower, he took his time exploring the rosy peaks as her thighs pushed her up and down his cock. 

“Yeah…oh yeah…mmmmm…C, boo.” 

“I’m close, Ken….are you with me?” He panted into her chest and felt her increase her pace, coming down harder and faster each time. “Ken…baby…”

Suddenly she stopped moving altogether. He looked up in confusion and met her eyes. Her face was flushed and sweat gathered at her hairline.  

“No more baby.” She panted and shook her hair. “Please.” 

“I didn’t realize I said it, Ken. I’m sorry.” 

She nodded then went back to a slower pace and he started to close his eyes but she wouldn’t let him. She bit his shoulder every time he started to close his eyes. 

“I don’t want you to forget who you’re inside.” She smirked and kept moving. “Say my name, C…Say my name.” 

“Ken…Fuck, Ken…Ken…Mmm…KEN!” 

He kept his eyes open until he couldn’t force them open any longer. He saw her smirking as his eyes slammed shut and his orgasm rocketed out the tip of his cock. He felt her pussy continue sliding up and down his shaft until she reached her own peak, his name leaving her lips as her body convulsed. His eyes popped open just in time to see her head fall back in enjoyment as she rode the waves of pleasure then sighed as she snuggled into his neck. 

“So fucking good,” she whispered and kissed his shoulder where she’d bitten him. “I’m sorry I bit you.” 

“No you’re not.” He laughed and rubbed her back. “I’m sorry about the nickname.” 

“You just needed a reminder.” 

“I doubt I’ll forget that again.” 

“At least not until the bite mark and bruise heal.” She laughed and kissed him again. “I’m sorry about the mark.” 

Sighing, they snuggled a little longer until Kennelly’s legs were tired of their position. She rose up and he slid out with a wet smack. Both of them laughed at the weird sound then Kennelly flopped back on the couch, her legs still across his lap. 

“That is a sexy sound, C.” She grinned even as she blushed.  

“I can only take credit for HALF. The rest was ALL you, love.” He removed the condom then dropped it on the floor next to the couch and reclined beside her. 

“So what are you doing tomorrow for your big day?” 

“You mean later today?” he clarified and she nodded before kissing him again.  “Dad wants to take his boat out so I guess we’ll be fishing or whatever.” 

“Take some sunblock.” 

“Yes, ma’am. Mom mentioned something about dinner out but I don’t know where then we’ll have cake at the house.” 

“Big day! I’d love to see you in your birthday suit tomorrow if we can work that out.” 

“Oh, I think we can work that out.” He laughed and kissed her again. “I should go so you can sleep.” 

“You are welcome to sleep over if you want but I do have to get up at 6.” 

“I’ll take a rain check on the sleep over.” 

“It doesn’t have an expiration date.” She grinned and watched him get dressed, enjoying the view. “You are one fine ass specimen.” 

“You should see yourself...lounging there mostly naked and satisfied.” 

“Thanks to you.” 

After dressing and tying his shoes, he pulled her up and to the door with him. He grinned as she pulled herself together before they got to the door. She snuggled closer to him for a lengthy smooch, then he cupped her breasts once more, groaned and headed out. Waving as he backed out of the parking spot, he headed back to his parents.

Chapter 4 by KrisB
Author's Notes:

 

JC Birthday!

JC woke late in the morning on his birthday. He took his time stretching and relaxing, enjoying the fabulous bed in his parents’ guest room. It wasn’t his huge king size bed in LA or Orlando, but it was comfy and the walls were lined with family photos from over the years.

He looked at the newest one of his niece Reagan. She had changed so much since he’d last seen her in person. She was grinning in the picture, her gums shining and showing. She even had a flower in her hair. It surprised him how much he was looking forward to seeing her during the Labor Day trip.

Finally he got out of bed and wandered downstairs. It was Saturday so he knew his parents were home so he followed his nose to the coffee pot. He poured himself a large mug and grinned at the Happy Birthday candle on the huge sticky bun sitting next to the pot.

JC spent the morning and most of the afternoon on his Dad’s boat. It was peaceful and all three Chasezs caught several fish. As they were unloading the boat, JC ran into two friends, Dan and Paul. They hadn’t seen each other in years but clicked like no time had passed. He invited them to dinner at Remington’s then climbed into his Dad’s truck.

The Chasezs decided to eat some cake before dinner because Dan and Paul had invited JC out on the town for some drinks. The cake was amazing! JC texted Kennelly even though he knew she was still at work and complimented her on the cake, filling her in on his plans. He remembered that she didn’t get off until 7pm and he didn’t want to her to feel pressured to join them so he didn’t openly invite her. As they arrived at the restaurant, she responded to his text.

Happy birthday, punk! I’m glad you njoyed the cake. I’d love to join u and ur boys if you want company. We could sh8 our groove thangs. Let me know. Mwah – K

I’ll text when I know where we’re going. Mwah!

JC grinned as he tucked his phone back into his pocket and greeted his friends. The dinner was amazing and the conversations were fun. Before they even realized it, it was eleven o’clock. The guys said goodbye to his parents, and he grabbed his small duffle bag and headed down Michigan Avenue, ducking into a local bar.

"Dude! I can’t believe I forgot to rag on Paul." Dan laughed and slapped the other man. "Paul is a dead man. He popped the question and Celeste said yes."

"Fuck you, Dan! You love Celeste and you know it."

"I do but marriage…one pussy for the rest of your life…not for me, man."

"Congrats, Paul! Celeste is amazing." JC grinned and tapped his beer bottle on Paul’s. "Don’t listen to Dan. He’s an idiot. No woman in her right mind would WANT to be married to this fool."

"HEY!"

"Thanks, C." Paul laughed and ordered some shots. "To marriage!"

"I’m drinking this anyway." Dan downed his tiny glass. "And for the record, no woman could tame me."

"Probably not!"

"What about you, C?" Paul asked. "How’s your sex life?"

"Pretty amazing right now actually."

"How many are you hitting right now?" Dan asked as he turned his back to the bar so he could scope the leggy women walking around. "Last I knew it was two in LA, two in NYC and one in Florida."

"Damn! How does your dick keep up?" Paul laughed. "Are you seriously banging that many?"

JC dodged the question and kept them guessing. He didn’t deny or confirm anything and didn’t correct Dan’s speculations. It had been a long time since he was monogamous and a part of him wasn’t ready to share that bit of news with anyone else yet.

"Fuck, Paul! Stop checking your fucking phone." Dan groaned and Paul shrugged as he tucked his phone away. "You already asked her permission to come out."

"Dan, you just don’t understand."

"No, I clearly don’t. It’s like Celeste is carrying your balls in her purse."

"Dude, that’s harsh." JC laughed but patted Paul on the shoulder. "She’s a good woman."

Dan continued to rib Paul as they tossed back beer and shots for the next couple of hours. Several women stopped by to ask him to dance and many were straight forward about taking him home. JC politely declined and stayed with his friends. He wiggled and danced in his seat but didn’t take any offers. He was feeling pretty lit and finally checked his phone.

"FUCK! Who is that?" Dan slurred as he looked over JC’s shoulder at the selfie Ken had sent him nearly three hours before. "She can come home with me, man."

"She’s waiting on me…at least I hope she still is waiting on me…"

"Oh, C…you might be in trouble." Paul laughed as he read the time. "That was like three hours ago, man. She’s gonna be mad."

JC’s head was feeling a little fuzzy but his cock was very much awake. He took another look at the pic on his phone then decided to call it a night. He needed some Ken time so he said good night and grabbed a cab.

A little later, the cab arrived at Kennelly’s condo and JC paid the man before stumbling up to her front door. He had to hold onto cars to keep himself steady enough to lift each foot. Once he got to the door, he had to wait a few extra minutes before he could manage to find the doorbell and press it. Man, his world was spinning!

"Hi," he slurred with what he hoped was a sexy smirk. "I’m here for my birthday spankings."

Ken looked sleepy and a little annoyed but her clothes were hot. She looked amazing in the tight jeans, buttoned vest and fuck me boots. Her hair was a wild mess of curls and her eyes looked huge thanks to her makeup tricks.

"God, you’re beautiful, Ken."

"And you’re drunk, punk." She sighed, unable to hide her smile. "Let’s get you some water and then into bed."

"I knew you wanted this."

She rolled her eyes as he grabbed his cock. He grinned at her and his eyes felt droopy. He allowed her to pull him into the condo then up the stairs, where she pushed him down onto the bed. He tried to reach for her but his arms felt heavy.

"Did you tie me up?" He mumbled and tried again to lift his arms. "That’s fucking hot, Ken. Tie me up and fuck the shit out of me."

"Not tonight, punk."

"Please…..pretty please with sugar on top."

"Nope." She smiled and wrestled him out of his socks and shoes. "I was going to lick ice cream off of you but you’re drunk and I’m tired."

"Party pooper…Every party has a pooper, Kennelly…Don’t be a party pooper. Let’s get out the ice cream."

She swatted his hand away once he finally got it close enough to reach her. She pulled his outer shirt off and left him in his muscle shirt before she pulled his jeans off.

"Yeah, Ken……Where’s the condom?"

"Punk…..you don’t even have an erection." She pointed out with a smirk and kissed him. "Get under the covers and I’ll grab you some water."

"I’d rather just grab you."

"JC!"

She laughed loudly as he pulled her down onto him, his hands groping her ass and thighs. She wiggled against him until she finally got free, heading down to grab him some water.

JC stretched and enjoyed the cool sheets against his too warm skin. His head was foggy, his eyes were heavy and his mouth felt like it was full of cotton. He had drank too much as he caught up with some Chicago friends but he’d had a great time. He had missed Kennelly being there with him and she was the only one he wanted to dance with so he had declined all the offers he received.

"Drink some of this, punk."

"I missed you tonight, Ken," he mumbled as he struggled to sit up so she helped him. "Thanks."

"I was here, waiting for you to text me where to meet you. I called once but it went to voicemail."

"You did?"

"Yes, I did." She nodded and helped him hold the bottle steady. "Drink some more please."

"You should have been there. Lotsa great moo-sic and funny friends and hot bodies grinding into each other. I didn’t have anyone to dance with."

"I’m sure you had PLENTY of choices."

"None I wanted to feel against me." His head was crystal clear when he met her eye. "I wanted to dance with you…I wanted to feel YOU move against me."

"I wanted that, too."

"We could rub against each other now."

"Close your eyes, punk." She laughed, tossed out the empty bottle and placed a full one on his side of the bed. "Are your parents expecting you home tonight?"

"I’m a grown ass man. I don’t answer to my Mama!"

"You do when you’re in Chicago."

"True. They think I’m hittin’ it with a fine ass baker." He grinned and reached for her again. "You gonna let me tap that ass, Ken?"

"Not tonight."

"Boo! PARTY POOPER!!"

"Go to sleep, birthday boy," she whispered and kissed his temple once he’d settled onto his side. "Sweet dreams."

End Notes:

 

Well...did you like it? Hate it? Let me know...

Chapter 5 by KrisB

JC rolled over and reached for Kennelly, wrapping his arm around her middle and snuggling his front to her back. She wiggled a little and tried to slide away from him, but he held on.

"Too warm," she mumbled. "Punk."

"Take off your clothes then."

"No."

"What are you wearing?" He mumbled as his hands explored the material she was wearing, not the usual silky stuff he was expecting. "Did you sleep in your clothes?"

"No, I have my regular pajamas on."

Finally he cracked one eye open and saw that she was wearing a t-shirt and boxers. Ginning, he slid his hand up the bottom of the shorts then over her thigh to her groin. He groaned when he felt her tender folds, no panties keeping her from him. He wasn’t surprised that she was already a little wet, his Ken was always on the verge.

"C….." She groaned and wiggled. "I’m still sleepy and I should be mad at you. Don’t you have a hang over?"

"I’ve got a little headache but that’s it. Besides, my cock can sense your readiness even if you’re wearing so many clothes. Roll over for me, love."

"No, I’m mad at you."

"Your pussy doesn’t seem mad at me." He teased and continued to explore her intimate folds. "Your pussy feels pretty damn welcoming."

"Stop…Mmm…I can’t be mad and horny at the same time."

"Then just be horny. You’ll feel better and it takes less work."

"Damn." She panted and worked her hips against his fingers, opening her legs wider. "You left me here waiting after you said you’d call…FUCK!"

"I’m sorry."

"You’re just saying that to get some…MOTHER FUCKER!"

"I’ll stop," he mumbled into her hair and started to remove his hand from her but she held it in place. "Are you gonna be mad?"

"Maybe…..Make me come and we’ll see."

Laughing, he went back to his exploration. She was really wet now and her hips were rocking with him. Easing his free hand between her head and shoulder, he skimmed it down to caress her breasts just as two of his fingers breeched her entrance.

"Mmmm…"

"Ken, your pussy is so fucking tight…I love how you feel…I love how wet you get for me…"

"C." She panted and rocked her hips faster, driving his fingers into her. "More…please."

"Let me see you come…give it to me."

Curling his fingers inside her, he reached the spot that drove her insane. She clawed at the sheet and her pelvis jerked forward, taking more of his fingers inside. He watched her eyes slam shut and her neck arch as her cry of pleasure got stuck and no sound came out. Pressing his pelvis into her ass, he enjoyed the way her body rode out her pleasure as his fingers kept rubbing. Finally he felt her start to breathe again.

"You OK, Ken?"

She tried to talk but nothing came out so she nodded. He held her tight against him and slowly brought his hands to a stop but left them where they were. Finally she rolled her face to his and met his eye.

"I’m not mad much anymore," she whispered. "I am a little disappointed I didn’t get to lick ice cream off of you though."

"There’s always tonight."

"Nope…that boat has sailed."

"Bring it back to port and I’ll make it worth the wait." He rolled her still pert nipple between his thumb and forefinger. "I like licking you."

She laughed and rolled completely over to kiss him. He reclined onto his back and pulled her over him, his hands massaging along her thighs. He leaned up to kiss her and she met him eagerly. He heard her phone ring but she didn’t stop their kiss. It started up for the second time and she broke away with a swear.

"Yes…what?...well fuck…I thought that coolant guy fixed that…mother lover!...Yeah...I’ll be there. I just need to get dressed. OK…Yeah…OK…Bye!"

"Is everything alright?" JC asked as he reached for her but she was already moving off of the bed. "Ken?"

"The big fridge isn’t working at the bakery. I need to go help move shit around and see what we can salvage."

"I can help if you want."

"I’m sure it’ll be a gigantic pain in the ass but thank you for offering." She smiled over her shoulder as she pulled clothes from her dresser. "Sleep a little longer, find something to eat and save that erection for me."

"Ken…I really want to help."

"It’s not necessary…"

"I know." He came to stand beside her. "I want to help YOU. I brought a small bag last night. Do you know where it ended up?"

"I think it’s in the living room."

"OK. I’ll get dressed then we’ll head out…TOGETHER."

She nodded and headed to the bathroom to freshen up and dress. He went downstairs and found his bag, dressing quickly. Once back upstairs, he shared the bathroom with her where they both brushed their hair and teeth. He watched her pile her curls in a messy bun at the top of her head then leaned in to bite the back of her neck since it was exposed.

"Stop!" She laughed and danced out of his grasp. "Do you like those shoes?"

"Yeah, they’re comfy."

"Take these then."

He took the offered blue shoe covers then the Cubs hat she handed him before following her downstairs. She grabbed her purse and headed to the door, his eyes taking in her outfit. She had on black capri leggings and a white The Cake Shoppe v-neck t-shirt with sneakers and socks.

"Ken….."

"We’ll get coffee on the way then we’ll brew another pot at the bakery," she stated as she beeped her Dodge Charger. "Hop in."

He did as instructed and buckled up. He was surprised at how well she handled the Sunday morning traffic and zipped through the Starbucks down the street from the bakery. She ordered coffee how they both usually took it then passed his over.

"Thank you!"

Ken drove the rest of the way then parked at the back of the bakery next to a minivan. JC grabbed his coffee and followed her in, stopping just inside the back door. Two middle aged women were laying out towels, trying to cover the huge puddle. It was seeping out of the bottom of the large stainless steel walk-in fridge in the back corner.

"This is a disaster." Kennelly sighed and the women looked up. "Where do you want us?"

"Who’s us?" the one wearing glasses grinned and came toward them. "Hi, handsome! I’m Aunt Pam. Who are you?"

"I’m JC…Ken and I are…"

"Friends," Ken answered and stooped to cover her shoes with a pair of blue covers. "We met in Texas."

"Oh, you’re THAT friend." The other woman grinned and came to get a closer look. "I’m Aunt Ginny."

"Nice to meet you, ladies." JC covered his own shoes. "How can I help?"

The four of them got to work. Ken went into the fridge and started sorting what could be salvaged. He carried what she told him to where she told him. Soon, one of the aunts had music going and the four of them were like a well oiled machine. JC found himself singing along with Jason DeRulo’s I Want You To Want Me and watching Kennelly.

"What?" Ken caught him watching as she carried even more eggs out of the warm fridge. "Do I have something on my face?"

"I was just looking at you."

"I like looking at you but I have a mess in here."

"What are you going to do with the eggs?" JC took them from her. "Are they salvageable?"

"I think we can crack them and freeze them in baggies. They are still pretty cool."

He nodded and set them on the counter. She grabbed baggies and they started to crack them as the aunts continued in the walk in. The music kept them entertained until the back door swung open again and the iPad docking station was switched off.

"You call that music?" A gruff old man asked from the doorway. "That’s just noise."

"Hey, Pop!"

"My a chroi, come give this old man some sugar."

Ken laughed and went to hug him. JC could tell they were close and he enjoyed the way Ken snuggled into the old man’s chest. The man hugged her tight and rocked her from side to side.

"Where are my inions?"

"Hey, Daddy." Pam came out of the fridge. "I told you we had this under control. "

"This is still my business even if I’m retired. Retired don’t mean dead."

"We appreciate your input, Pop. Why don’t you take a look at the leak?" Ken offered and led him back outside. "Maybe you can rig something up to get us through the night."

"She pampers him." Ginny sighed as she placed more eggs on the counter. "He has a bad heart and knows he needs to rest but we can’t keep him out of here. The three of us bought him out two years ago but he still comes in nearly every day."

"He’s feisty…like Ken." Pam laughed and patted JC’s shoulder. "Could you lend me your muscles and help me move the rack out here?"

"Yes, ma’am."

JC spent the next couple of hours working his ass off. He wasn’t sure but they carried a lot of stuff out and he wondered if they had lost a lot of profits. The three women wouldn’t say much about money and JC had the suspicion it was because of Pop. He watched how Kennelly found little tasks for Pop to do and made them seem like life saving things so he felt useful and they kept him out of the way.

"I think that’s all we can do for tonight," Ginny declared as she stretched her back. "I’ll call about the fridge first thing tomorrow."

"I will pay."

"Absolutely NOT, Pop." Pam’s voice was firm and a little loud.

JC stood near the sink and watched the two daughters argue with the old man. No one seemed to be making any progress and he found that funny. It reminded him of arguing with his siblings about stupid stuff and he smiled.

"What are you smiling at, punk?"

"They sound like me, Heather and Ty."

Ken smiled up at him and stood close. Draping his arm around her shoulders, he pulled her in close enough to drop a kiss on her temple. He felt her sigh and lean into him for a few seconds then she eased away from him. He knew it was only because her family was so close but he didn’t like it. He loved having her close and touching her freely but didn’t want to make her uncomfortable.

"Are you ready to go?"

"Yeah." He stretched and his stomach growled. "Can we get some food?"

"You are coming to my home. My wife…she make the best lasagna."

"No, Pop." Ken sighed and hugged him. "I’m going home to shower. I feel nasty."

"OK. You go shower then you come to the house."

"Pop…"

"No arguing, a chroi."

"What time do you and Mama want us?" Ginny asked as she dropped the last rag into the sink. "I could eat a pan myself right now."

"I call your Mama." Pop grabbed the phone off the wall and dialed. "What time you want these girls?"

JC laughed as Ken kept shaking her head. She was stubborn but he had a feeling she had met her match. It was clear she got her fortitude from her grandfather. He said goodbye to both of the aunts as they headed out then watched the loving battle between Ken and the old man.

"Pop…I am not coming to dinner."

"You will not disappoint your Gram, young lady."

"Pop…"

"Kennelly Annabelle McCabe, do not make me take you over my knee," Pop threatened then rounded on JC. "And you had better be present at dinner as well, boy."

JC didn’t know what to say so he simply nodded his head. Over Pop’s shoulder, he saw Ken’s attitude soften and deflate.

Chapter 6 by KrisB
Author's Notes:

 

Bonus! Two chapters since I haven't posted much lately.

After a quick but playful shower, JC and Ken dressed in comfortable clothes and climbed back into her car. She had been pretty quiet and he worried that he’d upset her by accepting the invitation so he asked.

"No, boo." She glanced over at him with a soft smile. "I’m just nervous about you meeting them. There’s a LOT of family in the area so I imagine the house will be full."

"I’m sure I can handle them."

He smiled over at her and she chuckled, her hand patting his on her thigh as she navigated. He watched the buildings change. They went from nice condos to industrial buildings to tiny houses. He was surprised when she pulled up in front of a large two story house that sat on the corner of a dead end. The house appeared to be the watch house of the little neighborhood tucked behind it and JC was NOT surprised to see Ken’s Pop positioned on the porch, his eyes taking everything in. Earlier, JC had noticed Pop’s eyes were the same size, shape and color as Ken’s and he smiled.

"OK. We have to stay long enough to eat then we’ll make a quick exit."

"I’m sure I’ll be fine." JC smiled reassuringly at her. "It’s been a while since I met a woman’s family but I think I remember how it goes."

"I…I…"

"What, love?"

"I don’t know…" she paused and fidgeted before continuing, "I’m unsure how to introduce you. Is friend OK?"

"I’m good with friend because we ARE friends. I’m also good with boyfriend…if you are."

He watched her chew on the inside of her lip as she searched his face. He knew she was looking for any clue as to how he WANTED to be introduced and he smiled to reassure her. Boyfriend wasn’t a term he was super comfortable with usually but it felt like a prideful name with their situation.

"OK. I would like to leave here by 8. I want some alone time with you because I work the next three days, 12 hours each."

"It’s 3. I’m sure we’ll be on our way LONG before 8." He laughed and she only smirked back at him. "Right?"

"It’s our plan."

He watched Kennelly climb out of the car and he turned to do the same thing, jumping in his seat at the sight of Pop peering into the window. It took a second for his fingers to obey and open the door as his heart thumped wildly in his chest.

"I wondered if you’d show, boy."

"Hey, Pop." Ken laughed as she pulled him into a hug and allowed room for JC to get out of the car. "Is anyone here yet?"

"The important one is. You, a chroi."

"Pop, you sweet talker."

"Come. Inside, boy. You must meet my heart." Pop insisted as he marched JC inside. "Anna! Come meet Ken’s heart."

"Your heart?" JC smirked as he draped his arm around Kennelly’s shoulder. "Am I?"

Ken looked up at him and started to answer but was interrupted by the blast of noise that engulfed them as they entered the house. People were everywhere, sitting, standing, lounging. Children of various ages were playing on the floor, being held or running through the house. JC considered plugging his ears but didn’t because he knew it would be rude and offensive. He could feel his eyes widen at the sheer number of people in the living room and he tightened his hold on Ken. He felt her pat his back then he followed her through the swinging kitchen door.

"It smells amazing in here."

"That’s my Gram. She is happiest when she’s cooking for a huge group." Kennelly pointed to the tiny lady with a bun of gray hair on the top of her head. "She’s amazing."

"That must be where you get it from. You’re pretty damn amazing yourself."

Her eyes flipped up to his and she gave him a shy smile. He loved how her cheeks flushed and he made a mental note to compliment her more just to see that look on her face. He realized how much he wanted to know more about the older woman.

"Introduce me, please."

JC watched Ken square her shoulders and lift her chin before she took his hand and led him further into the kitchen. He saw three different pots on the stove and the left counter was full of spices and empty jars. He wondered how many hours this woman had already spent on dinner.

"Gram, I have someone who wants to meet you."

"Ah, my Kennelly. My beautiful granddaughter." Anna smiled and wrapped her arms around the younger woman, hugging her tight. "Pop says the fridge is toast."

"Yeah, but auntie will order a new one tomorrow. We’ll make do."

"You always do. Now, who is this handsome man?"

"This is JC."

"Hello."

JC smiled and stepped forward, expecting to shake the woman’s hand. Instead, he found himself wrapped in a surprisingly strong hug. His body relaxed into her and he hugged her back. She smelled of garlic and spices and her grey hair was very soft against his cheek. He held her until she patted his back and pushed him to arm’s length, her shrewd eyes taking him in from head to toe multiple times before she looked over at her granddaughter.

"He’s strong and healthy. I heard his heart, too."

JC froze, unsure where this was going and what the old woman thought she ‘heard’ from his heart. He wasn’t even sure himself what was in his heart when it came to Kennelly. How could she possibly know?

"Mom, don’t freak the boy out." Pam laughed as she came into the room and dropped her arm around Ken. "He is a fine looking man, though. I do enjoy his muscles."

"Aunt Pam, stop. You’re making him blush."

"What kind of a name is JC?" Pop piped up from the corner. "Does your mama call you that?"

"No, sir. My Mom calls me Josh or Joshua."

"Such clear eyes…very unique color…" Gram was still giving him a look over. "You like my Ken?"

"Yes."

"You treat her right?"

"Yes, ma’am."

"OK. You can stay for dinner."

Kennelly laughed and took his hand, pulling him away from the sink. He watched as Gram went back to stirring the pots and checking the oven. She was a tiny but impressive powerhouse and he knew she and Pop were a definite force to be reckoned with.

"Do you want some tea?"

He nodded and took the offered glass then followed Kennelly out to the backyard where even more children were playing on a well used swing set. A couple of adults were scattered throughout the fenced in yard and Ken waved to them before leading him to the two seated glider in the corner.

"So? How freaked out are you?"

"A little." He laughed and draped his arm around her shoulder. "Gram and Pop make a fierce couple."

"Yes, they do."

With a quick look around, JC decided they were secluded enough and pulled her closer, connecting their lips. He felt her sigh into his mouth and her hand came to rest on his chest. He swept his tongue into her mouth and released his own sigh before she ended the kiss.

"Hi."

"Hi. How are YOU doing with me meeting the fam?" His voice was quiet and their faces were still close. "These people are very important to you."

"You’re important to me, too."

"Good because I want to be."

She smiled and kissed him once more. Somewhere at the back of the house, someone started some music. A softer ballad started and Kennelly tucked her head under his chin as he listened to the words.

What's your all time high, your good as it gets?
Your hands down best ever make-up sex?
What's your guilty pleasure, your old go to?
Well if you asked me, mine would be you

What's your worst hangover, your best night yet?
Your 90 proof, your Marlboro Red?
The best damn thing you lucked into
That's easy girl, mine would be you

Mine would be you
Sun keeps shining, back road flying
Singing like crazy fools
Making up our own words
Laughing 'til it hurts
Baby, if I had to choose
My best day ever
My finest hour, my wildest dream come true
Mine would be you

"Who sings this?

"Blake Shelton," she answered. "I like it."

"Me, too."

What's your double dare, your go all in?
The craziest thing you ever did?
Plain as your name in this tattoo
Look on my arm, mine would be you

Mine would be you
Sun keeps shining, back road flying
Singing like crazy fools
Making up our own words
Laughing 'til it hurts
Baby, if I had to choose
My best day ever
My finest hour, my wildest dream come true
Mine would be you

What's the greatest chapter in your book?
Are there pages where it hurts to look?
What's the one regret you can't work through?
You got it baby, mine would be you
Yeah you got it baby, mine would be you

Mine would be you
Taillights fading
Daylight breaking
Standing there like a fool
When I should've been running
Yellin' out something
To make you wanna hold on to
The best love ever
Girl, can you tell me
The one thing you'd rather die than lose?
Cause mine would be you
Mine would be you, you

 

"Ken?!?! Gram says you have a man here."

"That’s my sister, Chloe. Brace yourself." Ken laughed and stood just as a petite red head came barreling out the back door. "What’s up, Chloe?"

"You brought a guy home?"

"Yes."

"Are you crazy? Gram is going to start planning your wedding tomorrow."

JC froze again. Was she serious? Did old people still do that? Crap!

"Ooh! Look at you," Chloe purred as she stepped around her sister and came to get a closer look. "Wait. You look familiar. Have we met before?"

"Chloe…don’t freak out…PLEASE," Ken begged as JC stood. "This is JC Chasez."

"FUCK! KEN! WHY DIDN’T YOU FUCKING TELL ME!"

"Hi. It’s nice to meet you."

JC stood there watching Ken’s sister’s reaction. She seemed to not believe her eyes before she shot a nasty look at Ken then a sly grin at him. She licked her lips and placed her small hand in his, leaning forward to offer a glance down her shirt.

"Hi," was her breathy greeting. "I’m a huge fan."

"Since when?" Ken asked and rolled her eyes. "I thought you wanted to rock Justin’s body."

"Shut it, Ken."

JC smiled at Chloe then released her hand to place an arm around Ken, his hand resting comfortably on her hip. She smiled up at him then turned her head back to her sister. Chloe’s mouth was hanging open and her hands were fisted on her hips.

"You’re fucking with me, right?"

"Nope."

"Ken," Chloe whined and stomped her foot. "How could you NOT tell me?"

"Chloe..."

"I tell YOU everything…how can you keep him a secret from me?...I’m your sister."

JC watched as Chloe pouted and sent Kennelly a guilt trip about her own personal life. He didn’t think it was fair and his siblings would never do that to him but he wasn’t sure of the dynamics between the girls so he just watched.

"It’s still very new and I didn’t want to jinx anything." Ken shrugged.

"But you brought him HERE."

"That just sorta happened. C was with me when I got the call about the fridge so he offered to help then Pop showed up and wouldn’t take no for an answer. I don’t usually introduce guys to family at this stage of a relationship."

"RELATIONSHIP!" Chloe exploded and drew the attention of several people. "THIS IS A RELATIONSHIP AND YOU DIDN’T TELL ME!!

"Yes, it’s a VERY new relationship. Now shut up!"

Chloe had tears streaming down her face and she looked incredibly hurt. JC had a good view of Kennelly’s profile and he knew she was sorry for hurting her sister but also angry at her sister’s reaction. He patted her hip and sat down, giving them a little privacy. It took several minutes and a lot of heated whispering before Chloe stopped sniffling and Kennelly finally came to sit beside him again.

"She’s very dramatic." Ken sighed and rubbed his thigh. "She acts like I never tell her anything important."

"It seems like you don’t usually bring guys home."

"I’ve only brought one other guy home and he couldn’t keep it in his pants so he never got a return invite."

"Ah, Mr. Baby." He smiled and kissed her temple, his arm around her again. "I hope I get a return invite."

"So far, so good."

End Notes:

 

Starving for feedback! What did you think of JC meeting Ken's family? Did you like him helping out? Do you hate it?

Chapter 7 by KrisB

"I’m so full." JC sighed and considered loosening his jeans but they were still sitting at the dinner table. "That was amazing, Mrs. McCabe."

"It’s Gram and thank you. There is plenty for leftovers. I’ll pack you some with Ken’s share. My girl is working the next few days so I’ll make sure she eats right."

"Gram, I have food at my house," Ken said with a smile. "I can pack my own lunch."

"Nonsense."

JC wasn’t sure how but he had managed to clear his plate. There had been large helpings of spaghetti, meatballs, lasagna, green beans from Pop’s garden, potato salad, a mixed green salad, tomato slices and fresh bread. Sitting next to Gram had been a big mistake because she had filled his plate for him, insisting he try everything.

The family worked as a team and everyone helped clear the table then the women helped Gram with the leftovers and the dishes. It seemed to be the only piece of dinner she allowed help with. The men were responsible for the children and JC found himself in a heated game of Trouble with a few.

"Are you ready to go?" Ken asked him nearly an hour later when she found him nursing a glass of dark red wine and watching two of the boys battle it out on the board game. "Did you lose, love?"

"Yeah, he was the first one out, Aunt Ken," the little boy missing his two front teeth announced. "I picked three of his guys off in one turn."

"Nice work, Tommy."

"Hey!" JC mocked shock then pulled her down onto his lap for a smooch. "I’m so ready to get out of these pants. I swear my stomach has doubled in size."

"Gram mentioned dessert so we should go before she decides to feed you again."

"Did you get some leftovers?"

"Yes." She laughed and stood, taking his hand and kissing the kiddos. "See you on Saturday, munchkins."

The couple made their way back through the house, saying their goodbyes. JC received another warm hug from Gram and he promised he’d be back before Pop walked them out.

"I’ll be at the bakery first thing to get that fridge taken care of," Pop announced as he hugged Ken. "Don’t even think about sassing me, a chroi."

"I wouldn’t dare, Pop. Good night!"

"I hope to see you again soon, boy."

JC smiled and shook the offered hand then followed Ken to the car. Once inside, he unbuttoned his jeans then buckled his seat belt as she laughed.

"I should take a picture of this and post it on facebook."

"Don’t you dare." He laughed and reclined in the seat, his hand comfortably on her thigh again. "I could seriously doze off."

"Close your eyes while I get us to the condo."

He did as she suggested and listened to the radio. Michael Buble’s Home played and he hummed along then the music switched to U2’s Beautiful Day. More music played and he kept humming, his eyes closed. He jolted awake when Kennelly patted his hand.

"We’re here."

He nodded then climbed out of the car, immediately helping her with the large bag of leftovers. They still smelled amazing and he would have helped himself to another serving if he wasn’t so full. He followed her into the kitchen and she put the items away before turning to catch him yawning.

"I’d like to snuggle with you. I’m not usually so clinging but I’ve been with you ALL day and not allowed to touch you as freely as I’d like so…I propose that we get into comfy clothes then meet on the sofa and we’ll veg out for a little while."

"That’s my kind of plan." He pulled her close for a long kiss. "If you wear the silk gown, you might get lucky."

"I’ll take that into consideration. Do you want something to drink?"

"Ice water would be amazing."

"OK." She nodded and kissed him again before swatting his ass as he headed upstairs. "There are tums in the bathroom cabinet if you need them."

JC had his jeans completely undone before he hit the top step. He kicked off his shoes and shimmed out of the denim before pulling his shirt over his head. He rummaged in his bag for his loose pajama pants and a fresh muscle shirt. He pulled his socks off, brushed his teeth and popped two tums in his mouth before finding Kennelly in the bedroom.

"Wear that, love." He smirked at her in just her bra and panties. "That fits you so well."

She shook her head but still blushed and shooed him from the room. He laughed and headed downstairs, finding two tall glasses of water on coasters in the living room. He flopped down on one end of her couch and reclined it, the foot rest popping up. A deep sigh escaped his lips and he grabbed the remote, flipping channels until Ken came back down.

"I compromised. I don’t want my ass hanging out in case someone comes to the door but I like how you look at me when I wear the girlie stuff."

She was wearing a pair of silk hot pants and a tank top the color of sunflowers with her hair pulled back. She seemed to glow as she walked to him and he pulled her down next to him, snuggling her close. She somehow still smelled like cupcakes and he inhaled deep.

"I hate to ask…but when are you going home?"

"I have a recording session on Wednesday," he mumbled into her hair. "Can you come out soon?"

"I don’t have another block of days off until Labor Day weekend. Do you want to hang out then?"

"Well…my family is gathering in Florida for the long weekend."

"That’ll be so fun for you." She smiled up at him. "How long has it been since all three of you were together?"

"Father’s Day. We talk and facetime but we are all going in so many different directions that it’s hard to work the timing out more than a few times a year."

"I know what you mean."

"So…I assume Chloe is the youngest of your siblings since she seems very needy."

"Yeah, she’s the baby. The rest of us are spread out throughout Wisconsin, Indiana and Michigan."

JC wanted to ask where her parents were but he felt like she had already told him they were living in a different state. He didn’t ask because he didn’t want to seem like he wasn’t paying attention. Instead, he kissed her heatedly then arranged them so he was on his back and she was snuggled up to his side.

"What do you want to watch?" He went back to flipping channels.

"I don’t really care. I just want to touch you and smell you and kiss you when I want. Maybe I’ll even listen to your heart since my Gram has."

"About that…what did she mean?"

"She likes to listen to everyone’s heartbeat. She says she can tell a person’s true character by the rhythm of their heart." Ken sighed into his chest. "She’s an old woman so we indulge her from time to time but I think she liked you."

"Enough to force a wedding on us anytime soon?"

"HA! No, definitely not! I think she’s convinced I’ll carry the McCabe name to my grave."

"You don’t think you’ll get married ever?" He pulled her hair just enough to make her look up at him. "Like ever, ever?"

"I don’t know. I haven’t thought about it in a really long time. Not since my first serious boyfriend just out of nursing school. Do you think you’ll ever settle down and get married?"

"Settle down, yes...married, I don’t know. It works for some people but others are just happy being together."

He watched her as she considered what he was saying. Truth be told, he hadn’t thought marriage would ever be his thing. He loved kids but wasn’t sure he wanted any of his own. What if he made bad choices? Or screwed them up? Ridiculous things went through his head and he didn’t realize she was still talking until she bit his bicep.

"I said, what are you thinking about? Your eyes got all stormy."

"Kids…messing them up…raising them to be little misfits."

"I’m sure your kids wouldn’t turn out like that." Smiling, she placed her head on his chest. "You don’t have to have them if you don’t want them…and there’s always adoption. I know some great people that have been adopted."

"Do you now?"

"Yep. You’re one of them, handsome."

"Do you want kids?" he asked and her head popped up, her eyes wide and her mouth open. "I’ll take that look as a no."

"Uh…well...not a no, just a not now. I like my life right now but it’s VERY full. If I’m going to be a parent, I want to focus as much of my time on the child as possible. I don’t want him or her to feel like a tag along."

"I know what you mean."

"So…no kids right now for either of us."

"Nope, I guess not."

She laughed and scooted up just enough to kiss him thoroughly then settled back down as he decided on a movie.

Neither were paying much to the movie, they just enjoyed being close. He wasn’t surprised when her fingers slipped under the hem of his muscle shirt and she didn’t seem surprised when his fingers eased into the back of her hot pants. Her fingers worked north and his worked south as she rubbed her leg further up his thigh.

"Ken…" He sighed and leaned forward to capture her mouth. "I thought you wanted to snuggle."

"We are…I can’t stop touching you."

"When you touch me, I get hard. When I get hard, I want to be inside of you again."

She flicked her tongue into his mouth then produced a condom. He laughed and wondered where she’d hid it but didn’t get the chance to ask as she pulled her shirt off. They worked together and were naked a minute later. Both were quiet as their bodies joined and they set a leisurely pace, neither in a hurry and both enjoying the slow build up. He held off as long as he could but she didn’t go with him so he worked her clit with his fingers until she let go.

"Ah!" was the only thing she said as she returned to her previous position, snuggled next to him.

"Let’s go to bed, love."

She nodded then they turned off the TV and lights before heading upstairs.

Chapter 8 by KrisB

JC felt Kennelly kiss him goodbye early the next morning but he went back to sleep. He woke several hours later to an absolutely quiet condo. He stretched out in her bed and laughed when he realized he could touch all four corners of her bed if he really tried. He took a quick shower then checked his phone, finding a lunch invite from him Dad so he called and accepted. He had a text from Joey Fatone and he called his friend.

"What’s up, dude?" Joe answered on the second ring. "How’s it hanging?"

"What’s up, man? How are the girls?"

"We’re all good. The girls miss their Uncle C though. You should stop over sometime soon."

"I need to. I will try to come over later this week. I’m in Chicago right now and I have a session on Wednesday."

"Come over on Friday and we’ll grill," Joe offered. "Who’s the session with?"

"This new kid…he’s an up and coming rapper but wants a hook for the chorus so I wrote something. We’re getting together for him to listen and see how it flows."

"That’s cool, man. Are you working on anything for yourself?"

"I have a few things started but nothing finished yet," JC said with a sigh. "Nothing is really settling in."

"It will. You’re one of the smartest songwriters I know."

"Thanks, man."

"Well…I just wanted to catch up and see if you wanted to hang soon. I’ll let you get back to your parents."

"Oh, uh…I’m not at my parents at the moment."

"Oh really?" Joe laughed. "Lance said there was a new woman sniffing around. Are you hanging with her?"

"I’m at her condo but she’s at work."

"Fabulous! I’d like to meet her if she’s in LA with you soon. OH! I think me and the family are going to Orlando for Labor Day. Do you want to get together then? Maybe take the boats out on the lake?"

"That sounds cool. I’m not sure what day will work best so I’ll chat with the folks and let you know."

"Is the new woman coming?"

"I…I don’t know, man." JC sighed and rubbed his face. "She’s great but things are still new and I don’t want to rush things. I haven’t introduced a girlfriend to my family since Eva."

"Girlfriend? Interesting, C."

"Ken is amazing…she is so smart and funny. She doesn’t demand anything from me and she works hard. She listens to me…I mean REALLY hears me."

"That’s awesome, buddy." Joe’s smile could be heard through the phone. "So why not take that next step?"

"She’s already met my Mom."

"HA!"

"My Mom ordered my birthday cake from Ken’s family’s bakery. I went with her to pick it up and introduced them."

"How’d that go?" Joe asked. "Ms. Karen usually goes with the flow."

"Mom just rolled with it. I introduced Ken as my friend tho…but the ‘rents saw through that. I’ve only been there about half of this visit."

"Sounds like you’re hooked, man."

"I’ve only slept with one person since I met Ken and I didn’t come. She’s done something to me."

"I’m happy for you, bro. We’ll talk later in the week."

JC hung up as he headed down to the kitchen and brewed a cup of coffee in the Keurig machine she had. He wasn’t hungry and his Dad was coming to pick him up in less than an hour so he didn’t make any breakfast. He looked at all of the pictures on her fridge and noticed a list of emergency numbers, adding Marilyn’s to his phone on a whim. He also noticed a printed schedule and was excited to see that she had four days off in a row in two weeks. He checked his schedule on his iPhone and he didn’t have any session scheduled.

The pictures reminded him of the Disney picture he’d brought for her so he headed upstairs. Once he’d removed the protective covering, he smiled at the frame he’d found to put it in then searched for the best place to leave it. He decided to add it to her collection of family and friends photos on the wall by the stairwell. He found a hammer and nail and added the picture, wondering how long it would take her to notice. He headed out to lunch with his Dad, grabbing the spare key she’d left on the kitchen counter for him.

He parked his Dad’s truck in front of the condo at 7:30 and was surprised to see no lights on. Ken was supposed to get off at 7 he thought and he hadn’t received any texts from her. He grabbed the sandwiches he’d purchased and headed inside. Grabbing a beer, he flipped channels until Ken arrived home nearly 45 minutes later. She looked beat and sad and he immediately hugged her close. She melted into him and he kissed her forehead before walking her up to the master bath.

"Do I want to know what’s on your scrubs?" She shook her head. "OK. I won’t ask. Are they salvageable?"

"Yeah, I just need to soak them."

He started a hot bath as she stripped off her soiled uniform. She looked dead on her feet and he decided to join her so he could take care of her. Together they climbed into the hot water and settled with her leaning back against him. He sighed at the feel of her against him and started working his hands across her shoulders.

"You don’t have to take care of me."

"I want to." He smiled and kissed her temple. "I know you’re extremely capable but I want to so please let me."

She nodded and seemed to enjoy his hands. He worked along her shoulders then down her arms before working his thumbs down her spine. She leaned forward to allow him more access and he continued until she had had enough and leaned back into him.

"So…I saw a copy of your schedule on the fridge…It looks like you have a four day stretch off in two weeks."

"I do." Eyes closed, her hands were resting on his thighs. "That’s when I have Lasix eye surgery, remember?"

"You didn’t tell me you were having surgery."

"Yes, I did."

"No, you didn’t." He was angry and he couldn’t really pinpoint why. "I was hoping you’d come out to LA again."

"I want to come to LA again but it won’t be in two weeks. I’ve already paid for half of the fee."

"So when do I get to see you again?"

"You’re welcome HERE anytime. I think I can get to LA the third week in September." She slid forward then turned to face him. "I have six days off around Labor Day but you have other plans so that’s the best I can do."

"Are you fishing for an invite to Orlando?"

"No. You’ve made it super clear that you aren’t ready for me to meet your family and I’m OK with that."

"I’m NOT ready to share them." He stood from the water, his skin pink from the heat. "What am I supposed to do sex-wise for six weeks?"

"Same thing I will be doing…abstaining or masterbating."

"Fuck that."

"Why are you so angry?" Ken asked, her face as red as her skin below the water. "This is what monogamy is."

JC couldn’t form words as he dried off then left the bathroom. He hated not knowing when he’d see her again and he couldn’t think straight. This uncertainty was a HUGE part of why he preferred FWBs. He stuffed his legs into some boxers then jeans. He needed space and time to think and he couldn’t do that here, surrounded by her and her smell. He needed to get out. That was his only thought as he tugged a shirt on then turned to leave, her shocked face standing just outside the bathroom.

"You’re leaving?" she whispered and he nodded, not trusting his voice. "I…I…Can’t you stay and talk this out? I don’t want you to leave mad."

"I need to think."

"So think here. Please."

"I need out." He hoisted his bag onto his shoulder as he started past her. "I can’t do this."

"Do what? Fight with me? Or monogamy?"

He didn’t answer as he trotted down the stairs, hearing her follow him. He didn’t trust his voice so he kept quiet and made it all the way to the door before she spoke again.

"I…I…JC, this is crazy. Just talk to me."

He stopped for a second and she caught up to him, laying her small hand on his back. He turned to face her, hating the tears swelling in her eyes. He felt his heart break but he didn’t know what he wanted or how he could face weeks without her so he remained silent.

"I’ll give you some space…but I want to hear from you. You need to figure out what you want from me and remember what I can give you. My life and jobs are here in Chicago."

His eyes etched everything about her face into his brain and he knew he’d never forget the look of hurt and confusion on her face for the rest of his life. She was so achingly beautiful as she tried to be strong and he loved her at that moment. He couldn’t bring himself to tell her but he knew he was in love with her and that scared him more than anything.

He watched her square her shoulders, lift her chin and rise up on her tip toes to kiss the corner of his mouth. Her touch was feather light and it felt like she was kissing him goodbye. He voice clawed up his throat but he couldn’t let any sound out as he turned and left, closing the door behind him.

The drive to his parents’ house was a blur and he really had no idea how he made it there safely. He made himself take several deep breathes before he entered the darkened house. He tossed his bag on the bed and sat, his shoulders slumping. His eyes stung, his ears rang and his heart ached but he couldn’t bring himself to say or do anything to ease it. He felt trapped and alone. His phone beeped and he dug it out of his pocket as a reflex.

I’m here. Talk to me when you’re ready. – K

End Notes:

 

That's it...that's all I have. What do you think? Did you like it?

This story archived at http://nsync-fiction.com/archive/viewstory.php?sid=2845