A Snowy Christmas ... by kopfkinokate
Summary: A little love-story... with Chris & Karly Kirkpatrick! 💑
Categories: Completed Het Stories, Challenges Characters: Chris Kirkpatrick
Awards: None
Genres: General, Romance
Challenges: Secret Santa Holiday Bash
Challenges: Secret Santa Holiday Bash
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 1513 Read: 181 Published: Jan 09, 2016 Updated: Jan 09, 2016
Story Notes:
For my Secret Santa @Unicornmaiden13

1. Chapter 1 by kopfkinokate

Chapter 1 by kopfkinokate

“If everyday was Christmas

If we could make believe

If everyone would give a little more

There'd be harmony…”

 

Karly stands near the high windows - close by the front door, holding two steaming cups of hot choclate in her hands, and stared dreamingly out into the front of their yard and driveway. Which he, the man she was married for over three years by now; just decorated with Christmas lights and lanterns along the passage and drive way. It really started to look a little bit like Christmas, except with all the green from the grass and the radio mockingly chiming in the background. Telling her about glistering lights on snow covered ground and snowflakes falling down, instead of rain from the skies. She was feeling a little bit grumpy by the sight of it and sighed.

 

When Chris opened the front door a few minutes later, he saw his wify standing there, holding him one of the steaming cups towards. While he still hangs his steelers college jacket onto a hook by the wardrobe only. And is taking off his hat, before reaching for the cup she handed him.

“It's looking almost like Christmas, by now!” Karly was admiringly saying, with a slight nod toward the window. While Chris takes a sip from the hot cocoa, that had a slight flavor of vanilla in it, too. He took his mug into one hand and reached around Karly's lower back and kissed the side of her cheekbone gently. He knows that she was missing her family and home for this year's Christmas. Especially the chance to get at least a little bit of snow sighting for their little baby girl's first Christmas. It was just two days before Christmas Eve, and even though Chris wanted to work in his studio and spend time with his two beautiful girls. He knows he can't wait a minute longer to give her that gift now. So, he takes her hand gently into his, and begins to pull her with him.

“You're underneath the mistletoe!” Karly announced suddenly while her eyes regards the tiny winter green she did hang up at the banister earlier upstairs, above their heads. They were standing right underneath the archway of the landing with staircase, that leads into their master bedroom and nursery where a little baby girl was sleeping in her cradle right now. While downstairs, her parents are about to slowly walk into the living room, with it's already finished decorated tree. His look skimmed to the banister upstairs, searching. And a smile stretched over his mouth, while the eyebrows shoot up until reaching his hairline and down repeatedly and fast, he puts a chaste but passionate kiss right onto her lips, next. As his lips part away from hers slowly, he searches her face. That shows surprise and amazment only.

“I've got something for you, now!” Chris said, and walked into the living room, next. …

“…Christmas lights up and down the street

Are such a sight to see

But all the presents by the tree

They don't mean a thing,

Santa, please hear me

Hey Santa Hey Santa (Santa)

I wish with all my might Hey Santa (Santa) Bring my baby home tonight...”

 

 

 

 

Christmas Eve.

 

Chris

Oh, he knew his brother hated it to work during the holidays. Especially on Christmas, when he was spending his time with his way too rarly seen over the year, family. But after he had that new idea for the song they both were working on for a few weeks by now, he couldn't wait any longer to let JC know about it. Even when it meant that he had to let Karly, his wife drive all alone ahead to their big family meeting and feasting, in Ohio. Chris was just saying goodbye and wished his opponent Skype- caller a merry Christmas and another couple of peaceful and happy holidays with his family, after discussing his newest idea for the song compilations with each other. He was beginning to shut down all his recent used programs and technical devices, in his studio, this minute. It was time for him to get going soon, if he would want to be in Ohio, in no less than five hours, even. Where, his wife Karly was waiting with her parents; Richard and Miriam, his own Mom; Bev, along with Karly's sisters Kate and Stephanie; her James and the little girl Zoé Alexis, his and Karly's three months old bundle of little joy and happiness. When just as he was about to turn off his computer yet another Skype- call would come in, next.

 

Karly

While Karly was comfortable sitting in a corner of the sofa, in her parent's house, in Ohio. And with her three-months old baby girl pinned against her chest. Who was gently sleeping and making soft gargling noises, even. While the baby girl's mother was in deep thinking while the rest of her family members were busy preparing their feast around her. To her left side, out of the corners of her eyes, she saw thick snowflakes falling outside the windows right now.

“Looks like that snowstorm they were talking about all week, is now hitting around us!” Her father's, Richard's voice was coming from Karly's other side just. And she turned her head around, to show him her worried face. As he settles himself beside his daughter and granddaughter, he puts an arm around her and the other on his grandchild's back. Then he kissed his girl's right cheek, softly, in saying, “I'm sure he's on his way by now. And driving just really slow, because of the weather!” Karly just lets out a snorting laugh to this. She knows her Babycakes hates to drive slow, after all. When the little girl on her chest stirs and moves slightly, Karly is handling her little girl Zoé Alexis over to her Granddad. Who takes the little bundle with great joy and leans her against his own shoulder, then pads and strokes her small back softly next. Karly looks past the man's back and shoulder, and tickles the baby girl's nose and cheek gently with a finger, before standing from the sofa next. As she walked around the sofa, her look fell toward her laptop lying on the sideboard behind it. Karly shortly opens the lid and sees that it is still fired up also. Her curiosity is peeked and she starts her Skype- account, only to check if the father of her daughter might still be on his.

“Aren't you yet on your way, mister!?” Chris heard her voice, before her face would actually appear in his screen then. He smiled to her saying only, and replied that he was just going to get to the car when her call came in. She told him about the snowstorm, and that he should drive carefully. And that she was not in the mood to be found out on Christmas Eve, that she'll be a grieving widow and single-parent for their little miracle child. Chris clearly hears her worries out of her voice and also saw it in the eyes, that were looking straight toward him through the screen. And he only drew out a small sigh, in answering her. Then nods his head a yes slowly, too. “I promise…,” he said silently toward her face, inside the computer screen. “I'll be with you both, tonight, my two beautiful Angels! Give our little girl a goodnight kiss from her Daddy, if I won't be there yet to do so myself, alright!”

 

 

 

 

An hour before Midnight.

It is quiet in the house, since everybody went up for some sleep a little while ago. And Karly did put her baby girl down to sleep a couple hours ago, too. Now she's sitting in the dark living room beside the windows, looking out to see there is already lying about fifteen inches of snow-covering the front yard and driveway. The Christmas lights up and down the street are such a beautiful glistering sight to see. But without her Babycakes here with her, it doesn't mean a thing at all. So, Karly wished with all her heart: Hey Santa, if you can hear me … will you bring him, please, home tonight!

 

The fireplace is slowly dying out, when Karly just turned her head in direction of the mantlepiece, to check for the time in the clock, on the mantlepiece, yet again. Without even realizing the dying fire or time whatsoever …

 

 

 

 

A knock on the front door.

Oh, can it be … ? Karly only thinks, and practically is running toward, to open it, next. And as she turns the door knob. She feels her heart just skip a beat. Her wish is staring back at her!

“I guess, that Santa really heard me tonight.” She only managed to say, before pulling him inside by his front zipper of his Steelers jacket. And throws her arms around his neck, to kiss him right underneath that mistletoe … .

End Notes:
This is a Story for my Secret-Santa: Unicornmaiden13. Who asked for a story with Chris – and – Karly – story. With snow covered, as well. I hope, I did get your image justice... And I hope you (and everyone else who takes the time to read this.) do like it, love it and enjoy it!! With the Song Lyrics used (mentioned) by Hey Santa – Wilson Phillips.
This story archived at http://nsync-fiction.com/archive/viewstory.php?sid=2870