Chasing You (The Chronicles of Justin and Sharon) by daysgoby
Summary: A unexpected job falls into back up singer Sharon's life. Which sends her on a whirlwind relationship she never expected. But will she end up with him or continue the cat and mouse game. 
Categories: In Progress Het Stories Characters: Justin Timberlake
Awards: None
Genres: Action/Adventure, Alternate Universe, Drama, General, Romance
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 6 Completed: No Word count: 15002 Read: 1038 Published: Jan 31, 2016 Updated: May 16, 2016
Story Notes:
This story was written by my most bestest friend and she wanted me to share it with you. We have fallen in love with this story and hope you will too. Please if you have time leave us a review telling us what you think. Love hearing from you. Thank you for reading. 

1. Chapter 1 by daysgoby

2. Chapter 2 by daysgoby

3. Chapter 3 by daysgoby

4. Chapter 4 by daysgoby

5. Chapter 5 by daysgoby

5. Chapter 5 by daysgoby

Chapter 1 by daysgoby
"Sharon, I got you an audition," Katie told her over the phone.
"Great! For what and where?" Sharon asked. Her manager, who also doubled as her best friend was the best. One of the best in the business. 
"Tomorrow morning at nine at the plaza building downtown Hollywood."
She heard Sharon grumble and laughed to herself. Sharon was not a morning person. 
"Sorry, go on.  I'll deal," Sharon said shaking her head. 
"You can audition for piano or singing or both. It's up to you."
Sharon waited for her to continued explaining more information about the audition, but she didn't. Putting her guitar down, Sharon sat up a little.
"That's it? That's all I get to know? You've got to tell me more than that, Kate."
"I sorry, but I can't. I don't know anymore than that."
"How is that possible?"
"I got a call from someone that told me you would be perfect for a job and recommended you audition for it. It's being kept very hush hush, which tells me this a big to do. The only information I was give was the time and place."
Sharon's eyes grew big at that. How big was this? What exactly was this job for and who would have recommended her? So many questions were running through her mind.
"Hello? Earth to Sharon," Katie said for the third time.
"Sorry. Who called you?"
"It was anonymous."
"What the hell."
"I know. Wish I could give you more to go on."
"Me too," she laughed. "Are you sure this is for real? What if it was just a joke?"
"Then you can beat my ass," Katie offered. 
Sharon snickered. "As appealing as that sounds, I won't do that. Thanks for calling."
"You're welcome. Just be ready to play or sing anything, which I know you'll have no problems doing. You're a natural. Oh, and make sure you show up on time."
"I was late only once, and that was only because of my stupid alarm clock," Sharon said defensively.
"Then set a dozen alarms." Katie heard Sharon mumbling. "You're giving me the finger through the phone, aren't you?" 
"I would never do that."
"Sure you wouldn't."
Sharon laughed. "I'll call you tomorrow and let you know how it went."
"You better. Alright, now go practice."
"Why? I'm a natural, remember?" She said with a grin.
"Good bye, you pain."
"Bye, Katie."
Sharon hung up and sat on the couch thinking. Over the last nine years, Sharon had put herself our there as an artist a lot. No matter how big or small the job was, she took it. She had played piano and been the backup singer for many artists and she loved it. Loved every minute of it. It had gotten her name out there and because of it, she often got calls for auditions. 
It was never her dream to make it big in the business as a solo artist. Instead, Sharon's dreams were to be on the stage with those artists who had made it big, and to support them. Many people considered it to be settling, but Sharon didn't. 
There had been many times that she had been up on stage by herself singing and playing piano, mainly at open mic nights, but the feeling she got singing with a big named artist was what she loved. 
Picking up her guitar up again, she started idly strumming the strings. She could barely play the thing, just enough to pluck out some notes to a new melody that she made up. And as she sat there with her thoughts, she began making up a new song. 
Later that day, Sharon went to her piano. She began practicing and getting together a few pieces of music she could play and sing. Not knowing who the audition was for, she would have to decide when she got there what to audition with. It made her more nervous that way, but she would be ready, there was no doubt in her mind. Sharon would blow then away, just like she always did. 
Chapter 2 by daysgoby
Chapter 2 
The next morning, at ten minutes til nine, Sharon was at the Plaza building. She was opening the door to the building when her phone rang. 
Reaching in her bag for her phone, she answered quickly, knowing who it was. 
"I'm already here Kate," she said shaking her head with a small laugh.
"Just making sure my client is at her appointment on time. I'm surprised you're there so early."
"I do know how to make a good impression. Thanks for the vote of confidence."
"I'm just joking with you. You always kill at these auditions. You'll do great."
"Thanks. I'll call you after to let you know how it goes."
"Alright. Good luck, girl. Bye."
"Bye."
Putting her phone on silent, Sharon walked up to the man behind the lobby desk. 
"Hi, I'm Sharon. I'm here for..."
He smiled. "I know why you're here. Do you have your résumé?"
"Yes," Sharon said taking it out of her bag.
"I'll make sure it get to who needs it. You can have a seat. It will be a few minutes."
Sharon thanked him and sat in one of the chairs. She watched him disappear behind some doors. Shaking her head, she started picking nervously at her fingers. The man returned a few minutes later without her résumé. He smiled politely at her as he took his spot behind the desk again. 
The ten minutes passed very slowly. Sharon had looked at the time every minute. Now she remembered why she hated getting places so early. The wait was enough to drive her crazy. 
At nine on the dot, a tall, dark man walked from behind the closed door towards Sharon. She jumped to her feet and put on her smile. 
"Sharon, it's nice to meet you. I'm Adam Blackstone. I'm the musical director."
"It's nice to meet you Adam," Sharon shook his hand. 
"Do you need anything set up for your audition?"
"Just a piano."
"Then we're all set for you," he said with a smile. 
Sharon followed him to the doors that led them down a long hallway. She took a few quiet deep breaths to calm her nerves. Adam opened the door to a large, high ceiling room. When Sharon walked in, she saw two men sitting in chairs by the piano. And the only thought she had when she saw them was 'holy shit'.
She recognized both men. One was Jeff, who she had worked with a few times over the years and considered him a friend. She opened her mouth to speak to him, but nothing came out. She wasn't use to being rendered speechless, because in this business she had met many artists who had made a big name for themselves. 
But this time, she couldn't help it. Because the other man in the room was Justin Timberlake. Shit! Sharon cursed to herself, this was bigger than huge. 
Justin was out of his seat as soon as she walked in and closed the distance between them.
"Sharon, it's nice to meet you. I'm Justin."
"Nice to meet you too, Justin," she said shaking his extended hand. She had to recover fast. Her inner teenager was doing a combination of jumping, screaming and crying. But on the outside, she was as cool as can be. Thank God she had the ability to hide her emotions well. 
"I've heard great things about you," he said, bringing her back to his eyes. 
"I hope I can live up to it," she said with a smile.
"Good to see you again," Jeff said coming up to her and giving her a hug.
"You too Jeff. It's been a while."
"Too long," he agreed. 
The three men walked towards the piano and chairs with Sharon following them. They sat down in their chairs, leaving Sharon standing in front of them.
"What will you be doing for us today?" Justin asked.
"I'll be playing piano and singing."
"Whenever you're ready," he said with a warm smile. 
Sharon set her bag down and walked to the piano and sat down. Playing piano always seemed to calm her nerves down in auditions. And now that she knew who she was auditioning for, she knew what piece she was going to play. 
Years ago, Sharon had taken her favorite classical piece and arranged it into a jazz piece. Many times before, she had played it at auditions and had been told she had gotten the job because of it. It showcased not only her ability to create something of her own but her versatility as a pianist and artist. 
"Do you mind if I play a few notes to get the feel of the piano?" She asked. 
Justin smiled. "Not at all. Take your time."
Sharon smiled nervously and placed her fingers on the soft keys. Playing a few scales, she got the feel of how the keys responded then stopped. Wiping her hands on her pants, she took a deep breath and began. 
Once she started playing, Sharon never looked at the men in the room. So when she finished and took her fingers off the keys, she was pleasantly surprised to see them all smiling at her. Letting out the air she had been holding in, Sharon relaxed some. 
"I told you she was great," Jeff whispered to Justin.
Justin stood up and walked over to the piano, letting his fingers run over the smooth black surface.
"That was..." He struggled for the word. "Incredible. Wow. Can I sit?"
Sharon moved over to make room for him on the bench. She honestly didn't know how she was surviving this right now. Justin Timberlake said her playing was incredible. And now he sat next to her on the piano bench, their shoulders touching slightly. 
Justin could tell she was nervous. He felt her shake slightly against his arm. "Don't be nervous. I don't bite...hard," he added with a grin.
Sharon relaxed a little and laughed with him. 
"Was that a piece that you arranged yourself? I've ever heard it before. Nothing close to it actually."
"Yes, I arranged it a few years ago."
"It's impressive."
"Thank you."
"I would like to hear you sing. I've heard nothing but rave reviews from Jeff about your voice."
Jeff winked at her and she smiled and shook her head at him. "I love to sing. What would you like to hear?" She asked looking at Justin. Something told her he wanted to pick the song for her. 
Justin placed his hands on the keys and played a few notes. He thought for a minute then chose a song that he thought would show off her range and style of singing but also how she could make something her own. 
"Do you know Jar of Hearts well enough?" He asked.
"I do."
Justin played a few chords on the piano in the key of the song. 
"Will this key work for you?"
Sharon hummed a few notes in her lower range and nodded. "Yes, it will work fine."
"Ready?" He asked. Sharon nodded her head yes. 
Justin played the first chord of the song and Sharon took a deep breath before doing what she knew how to do best, sing. Letting the music take over her, Sharon sang the very best she could. 
Justin watched out of the corner of his eye as he provided the accompaniment. She was blowing him away. As soon as she opened her mouth and sang that first low note of the song, he was hooked. He wanted to hire her on the spot. 
With every passing word, Justin became more and more caught up in her voice. It was beautiful. Strong. Unwavering. Natural. He caught the looks on Jeff and Adam's face and knew they were thinking the same things as he was. 
When the song was finished, Sharon opened her eyes and looked next to her at Justin. He was smiling. 
"Was that alright?" Sharon asked nervously.
"It was beautiful, Sharon. You have a strong voice."
Sharon's cheeks became flushed. She could blush at the drop of a pin, but get Justin Timberlake complimenting her on something and she felt like her face was on fire. 
Justin went quiet for a minute as he thought of an idea. Sharon watched him curiously, not knowing whether to say something or not. 
He got the flash of a small smile on his face then looked at her with hope. 
"Do you know the song Paperweight by..."
"Joshua Radin?" Sharon asked immediately. 
He grinned. "Yes! You know it?"
"I sing it all the time. It's a favorite of mine." 
"Mine too. I want to song it with you."
Getting up from the bench, Justin walked over to where his guitar laid in its case behind the chairs. He took it out the came back to the bench. He strummed a few strings, tuning it.
Sharon sure hoped she could find her voice again when it was time to sing because right then, she couldn't form any coherent words if asked to. This audition was everything beyond her imagination. Her heart was beating out of her chest. 
"You sing the melody," he said strumming the beginning notes of the song, to set the key for them.
Nodding her head, she put all of her annoying teenager tendencies out of her mind and opened her mouth. 
"Been up all night," Sharon began.
"Staring at you. Wondering what's on your mind." Justin joined her. As soon as their voices combined, he got chills. 

"I've been this way,
With so many before, 
But this feels like the first time.
You want the sunrise,
To go back to bed.
I want to make you laugh.
"

Together their eyes locked and they smiled as they continued the song, just doing what they both knew how to do best. It was natural, easy, and their voices together just worked. 

"Mess up my bed with me.
Kick off the covers,
I'm waiting.
Every word you say I think,
I should write down.
I don't want to forget,
Come daylight.
"

Unknown to them, Jeff had taken out his phone and from where he was sitting, he had been recording them. Somehow he knew one of them would want to remember this moment. To hear and see what he was witnessing. Because it was magic.

"Happy to lay here,
Just happy to be here,
I'm happy to know you.
Play me a song,
Your newest one.
Please leave your taste on my tongue.
Paperweight on my back,
Cover me like a blanket.
"

After the last words were sung, Sharon held onto this moment as she watched Justin's fingers move across the strings of his guitar, finishing off the song. Even if she didn't get the job, whatever it was, she knew this day would be one she always remembered. 
Justin looked up at her and smiled. Now more than ever he wanted her for this job. He set his guitar down and got right to the point. 
"I'm going to be releasing new music soon. The only people that know about it are the people that need to know. I'm putting together a band to back me up. The band is going to be called the Tennessee kids," he explained, making Sharon smile at that. "Anyways, it's going to turn into a busy couple of years. I will be having appearances and concerts coming up soon here in the states and overseas. Eventually going on tour. I'm looking for someone who is available for all of that. If you're offered the job, would you be interested?"
"Very much so," Sharon quickly jumped at, then inwardly yelled at herself for sounding so eager. "Yes, I would be interested in it," she said a little more calm.
Justin chuckled. "Good."
"It's great that you're putting music out again."
"Thank you. I'm really excited about it." He smiled and Sharon about melted in front of him.
They stood up from the piano and stood with Jeff and Adam.
"I'll need you to sign a disclosure agreement. Can't have this leaking before we're ready."
"I understand. Your secret is safe with me."
Adam got the packet of papers together and brought them to Sharon to read and sign. It was a large packet and Sharon's eyes grew big. 
"I'll go over it with you," Adam said with a laugh.
"Thank you," Sharon said. 
Justin stood with his back to Sharon, talking quietly with Jeff.
"She's great. Better than I expected."
"I told you. She can do anything you ask her to do. I've seen it," Jeff said.
Adam left Sharon reading a few of the pages to herself, and joined the two. 
"She needs to get offered the position," Justin said immediately when he came over to them. 
"I agree. But we still have half a dozen other woman coming in to audition. She was just the first."
"Then they're fighting for one last spot," Justin clarified. In his mind, out of the two women background vocal positions, Sharon had landed one. 
Adam and Jeff smirked and nodded their heads. 
"Hey Adam," Sharon called.
"What's up?" He asked going over to her. 
He spent a few more minutes with Sharon going over the fine details of the agreement. The last page, Sharon signed and dated it, her hand shaking slightly. She was trying not to get ahead of herself. 
Adam walked up to Justin and Jeff. "We're all set."
Justin turned to Sharon and smiled.
"It was great meeting you. Thanks for coming today."
"It was great meeting you too. Can I ask when I'll hear?"
"I'll call you on Friday."
Sharon's eyes got big. "You will call? Not..."
"Oh no. I take care of all of this personally. I will call."
Smiling, Sharon shook his hand hoping he didn't notice her shaking.
"I'll walk you out, Sharon," Jeff told her. 
She said goodbye to Justin and Adam and walked out the door alongside Jeff. As soon as they were out of the room, Sharon sighed.
"So you're the one who got me into this, huh?" She asked him with a smile. 
"Now why would you think that?" 
"Katie told me someone recommended me to audition. That had to be you. You've been grinning big since I walked in like it was your big secret."
"Guilty," Jeff answered.
Sharon laughed. "I owe you big time, Jeff. Thank you. Even if I don't get it, this is huge."
"You're welcome. You were the first person I thought of. I have a feeling you'll get it though. He loved you."
Sharon seemed uncertain and Jeff jumped in to reassure her. 
"He seemed..."
Looking up at him, she wondered what he was trying to say.
"What?"
"He was captivated by you."
"Captivated?!" Sharon exclaimed. "You're full of it."
"I'm not," he said with a laugh. "I guess you'll see on Friday."
"And until then I'll be a bundle of nerves."
Jeff gave her shoulder a squeeze. They reached the lobby and stopped walking.
"When did you start working for Justin? The last I knew you were still with Katy Perry."
"I've been Justin's assistant for just a few months now. I'm loving it. He's such a great guy and very easy to work for. Always nice. He's a busy man, let me tell you, but he treats everyone that he works with as his friend."
"That's great, Jeff. I'm glad you're happy.  He seems like a great guy."
"He is."
They watched a woman walk in the building and go to the desk. Sharon noticed she handed him her a piece of paper just like she had done before her audition.
"Listen, I've got to get going. It was so good seeing you again," Jeff said giving her a hug.
"You too Jeff. And thanks again."
"Hopefully I'll be seeing you soon," he added before walking away towards the door.
Sharon walked towards the front door to leave, but looked back at the girl that had walked in. Was she here for an audition as well? Possible competition? Or someone she could be working with? 
She shook her head, trying not to get ahead of herself, yet again. She had a feeling she was going to be doing that a lot in the next few days. When she got outside, Sharon dug in her bag for her phone and called Katie.
"So how did it go? Who was it with?" Katie said before Sharon could even say hello.
"Hello Katie." 
"Talk women." 
Sharon was about to go full on teenager on her, but stopped herself. Damnit, she signed an agreement which meant she couldn't even tell Katie. Biting her lip slightly, she held her breath. 
"I can't tell you." 
"What! But I'm your manager. I deserve to know!"
"Sorry Kate, I signed a disclosure to keep quiet." 
"Aww, well damn those things," she huffed. "So how did it go?" "Very well I think." 
"Your voice is shaking."
"It was a hell of an audition Katie. I'm a little in awe."
"Oh shit. I knew this was big. It's big isn't it?"
"Bigger than big."
Katie blew out the air in her lungs. "So when do you hear?"
"Friday."
"And then I get to know, right?"
"Hmm..."
"Sharon..."
"The agreement is until January 14."
"That's a week away! You know that right?" Katie complained. 
"I know. I'm sorry. I want to tell you, trust me. I need to let this out much more than you think.""It's someone good, right?"
"There are no words to describe how good," she confirmed.
"Damn," Katie groaned. "I guess that's all I get to know for now, huh?"
"Yep."
They talked for a few minutes before hanging up, deciding to hang out later that week. It was going to be a hell of a week waiting to hear.
Chapter 3 by daysgoby
The rest of the week went by painfully slow for Sharon. On top of dealing with her own anxiety she had to deal with Katie. Katie was bugging the hell out of her, begging to know who the audition was with. Sharon even went as far as to ignore her calls, then would get yelled at by Katie later for it. 
Friday finally came, the day she would find out about the job. And now she sat in a cafe eating lunch with Katie.
Sharon had her phone sitting on the table and she checked it again before going back to her meal.
"I knew getting together with you today was going to be a bad idea," Katie said, shaking her head. 
"I'm sorry. I'm anxious. I just want the call to happen already," Sharon apologized. "But, might I remind you that you've been a pain in the ass this week, so you should be surprised I got together with you."
"I can't help it, I'm dying to know."
"The last thing I need to do is break my disclosure agreement before I even hear about the job, or heaven forbid I get the job and they find out about it."
"From what you said about how your audition went and the reaction you got from whoever it was, I don't think you're going to have a problem getting the job."
"You have to say that, you're my manager."
"True. But I say that as your best friend too."
"As my best friend you have to say that too."
"Alright, I might be a little biased. But I also know how damn good you are and I still don't think you're going to have a hard time getting it."
"I hope so. I really want this one Katie. More than I've wanted any other job before."
Katie gave her a reassuring smile, also hoping she was going to get the job. She hadn't seen her so excited about something in a while.  
After their lunch, they walked downtown Hollywood for a while before heading back to Sharon's apartment. 
Sharon sat at her piano doing everything in her power to not to check her phone every second while Katie played on her iPad, enjoying Sharon's music. 
Out of the blue Sharon's phone went off. Both looked up and stared at the phone. Katie smirked. 
"Don't even think about it Katie!" Sharon warned. 
Katie dove for the phone that was sitting on the coffee table. Just as Sharon dove for it. Sharon was fast enough and grabbed the phone before Katie could get to it. 
"God damn it Sharon," Katie exclaimed laughing. 
"Hello," Sharon answered winded. 
"You ok?" Justin asked concerned. 
"Yes sorry," Sharon said giving Katie a dirty look. 
She quickly went into her bedroom and closed the door.
"Hope I'm not catching you at a bad time."
"Not at all," Sharon assured him. 
"How have you been the last few days?" Justin asked.
Sharon paced in her bedroom, her heart beating heavily.
"I've been good. How about you?"
"Good, thanks. I'll get right to the point. I would love for you to be apart of my band, Sharon. I think you would be great. You and your voice are strong and exactly what I'm looking for. I think you would be a perfect fit."
Sharon stopped pacing and stared at the ceiling. God she couldn't believe this was happening. She was going to work for Justin Timberlake.
"I would love to be part of your band. Thank you so much," Sharon said biting her lip. 
"Great!" Justin said excitedly. "I will email you the location and time of our first rehearsal. And also some music. The first rehearsal will be on Monday. I hope you will be ready for a busy schedule."
"I'll be ready." 
"Good," he said with a wide smile. "I will see you soon."
She swallowed thickly. "I look forward to working with you."
After a quick goodbye, Sharon pressed end and threw her phone to the bed. Oh my god. She was actually going to work for Justin Timberlake. She couldn't stop her feet from bouncing off the ground. Grabbing her pillow, she screamed into it. 
"I'm taking that you got the job?"
Turning around she noticed Katie standing in the doorway. She quickly threw the pillow to the bed and straightened her shirt out. Still smiling she walked past Katie into the living room. 
"You're still not going to tell me?!"
"Nope sorry. It's still a secret until the fourteenth."
"Ugh. But you got it?"
Sharon turned around and grinned big. "I got it!"
"That's great!" Katie said giving her a hug. I'm so happy for you girl. When do you start?"
"Monday. I'll be getting an email."
On que, Sharon's phone chimed that she got an email. An email from Justin fucking Timberlake. This was a little unreal. Smiling, she opened it up and started reading. 
"I'm going to die," she muttered shaking her head. 
"How early?" Katie asked, knowing there was only one thing that Sharon couldn't handle well. 
"Eight AM every morning. Long days." 
"Good luck," she said laughing. 
"Thanks," Sharon replied rolling her eyes.
She read through the rest of the email then opened the attachment with the songs in it. They were all songs from his two previous albums. She wondered when they would get new ones. 
One thing for sure was, come Monday morning, Sharon would be ready to sing and have her part down to a tee. 
So she spent the rest of the weekend at her piano practicing each song over and over. She was blessed to have Katie who would bring her dinner. The girl was doing everything in her power to hear who Sharon was working for, but there was no way Sharon was going to give up the name until she was given the ok. She had two days until she would be starting an amazing new adventure of being a background vocalist for Justin Timberlake. She couldn't be more excited about it all.
Chapter 4 by daysgoby
Monday morning Sharon's alarm went off at six thirty. She grumbled and hit snooze as fast as she could. Opening one eye, she glanced at her phone, seeing the time. 
"Oh, you've got to be kidding me." She flung the covers back over her head after hitting snooze. This was not a pretty hour in the morning. In fact, no hour in the morning was pretty to her. Only for Justin Timberlake would she get up so early.  After two more episodes with hitting snooze, Sharon finally forced herself out of bed and started getting ready.When she got to the rehearsal building, she walked in and was thrown right into everything. She met the band, which included a horn section, drums, keyboards, and guitars. She could only imagine the crazy amazing sound that could come from them. She recognized the musical director, Adam from her audition messing around on his guitar. 
Sharon met the three other singers. Jack, Aaron and Haley, who she had recognized as the girl coming in to audition after her. The four of them hit it off well. Sharon liked them and couldn't wait to hear what they sounded like together. 
The rehearsal started with Adam introducing everyone and passing out a schedule for the day. Sharon wasn't surprised Justin wasn't there. All the other artists she had worked for never came until a week or two into rehearsals, after they had their parts down. 
The first part of rehearsal, Sharon and the other three singers went off into a studio room to practice. Adam knew what sounds Justin wanted and he split his time between them and the instrumentalists. 
While rehearsing Justin's first single, Like I Love You, they all watched as Justin slipped quietly into the room. He set his bag down and took his coat off. They continued singing until the end of the song. Sharon's stomach had done a few flip flops since he had come in the room. He watched and listened to them intently. Being under his stare was making her sweat, especially the couple of times her eyes caught his for a breed second. 
"Damn. I knew you four would be great together but...damn," Justin said laughing. "I can't come up with a better word, sorry," he added as he walked up to them.
He spent some time working with them on a few songs then he went back to the other room to work with the instrumentalists. She breathed a little easier when he left the room. 
By the end of the day, they had put together a few of his old songs. Justin listened and putting in his two cents when needed. "Tomorrow, we are going to start with some of my new music," Justin said handing them the music. "I will email you the mp3s so that you can listen to it. We will start on it bright and early in the morning."
Sharon groaned inwardly. It was going to take a while to get use to this schedule. 
"See you all tomorrow," Justin said with a smile.
The band started packing up and Justin went to talk to Adam. Sharon and the other singers got their things together to leave. 
"See you tomorrow," Jack said.
"Bye," Aaron said following him out.
"Bye guys," Sharon said flipping through the new music, glancing quickly at the titles. Suit and Tie, Pusher Love Girl, That Girl.
"Can you believe this?" Haley asked her.
Sharon laughed. "No. I'm still on shock."
"You and me both. See you tomorrow girl."
"See ya."
Taking a drink of her water, Sharon put it in her bag. She placed we music nearly in her binder and in her bag, then turned to leave. She was walking out the door when she heard fast footsteps behind her. 
"Hey," Justin called. "Wait up."
Sharon's heart skipped a few beats, recognizing the name. She looked behind her and saw Justin walking fast towards her. He caught up to her and putting his bag over his shoulder, he walked in step next to her. Sharon looked at him and his blue eyes caught hers. She swallowed. A lump had formed quickly. 
"So what did you think of today?" He asked. 
"Today was great. Everyone is so nice and great at what they do. I think we sound good."
"Not good. Great," he corrected. "And today was just the first day."
"I was a little surprised by something though," Sharon admitted.
"About what?"
"You."
"Do I want to hear this?" he asked, making Sharon laugh.
"It's good I promise. I was just surprised you were here so early in rehearsals. I wasn't expecting you to be here."
"I'm here through it all. Get use to it," he added with a grin. 
"It's nice."
Justin smiled at her. "You ready for a busy schedule?"
"Yes." Then she added quickly,  "Besides the early mornings."
"Not a morning person?"
"God, no," Sharon said laughing. "I don't deal well with mornings. Never have."
"I'll have coffee here every morning."
"That would be great if I drank coffee."
Justin stopped walking. Sharon continued walking a few steps before she realized he was behind her. She stopped and looked at him.
"You don't drink coffee?" he asked in astonishment. 
"Have you never met someone who doesn't drink coffee?"
He considered it for a minute. "Honestly, I'm not sure I have." 
Sharon laughed. "I guess I'm a one of a kind then," she said with a smile.
"How do you survive? I live for coffee."
"My caffeine is a can of diet coke a day, that's it. Well...maybe two, if really needed."
"What constitutes needing two?"
"Early mornings," she replied making Justin laugh. 
They continued walking outside to the parking lot.
"Well, then I'll see you tomorrow with a diet coke."  Justin gave her a wave, then walked to his car. Sharon watched him for a second, trying to digest what he just said. She ignored her flip flopping stomach and walked in the opposite direction to her car. 
When she got in, her phone rang. She knew who it was going to be. 
"Hello Katie."
"Do I get to know who it is yet?"
"I'm doing great, thanks for asking," she said rolling her eyes. 
"Well?"
"What the hell do you think? You're worse than a kid. I've told you a thousand times I can't tell you for two more days."
"Fine," Katie huffed. "So, how are you?" Sharon laughed.
"I'm good. How are you?"
"Fine. How was your first rehearsal?"
"It went really well. It's going to be impressive. It already is and it was only the first day."
"Only because you're in the band."
"Well, duh," Sharon said with a laugh. 
Talking for a little while longer, Sharon went home. She was tired. Getting up so early and not sleeping well the night before because she had been anxious was starting to take its toll.
Before she had a chance to think of taking a nap, she got an email from Justin with the new songs. She now knew in two days, the world would have his first single, Suit & Tie. And then she could tell Katie. 
But she was smiling to herself because she got to listen to his new songs before the rest of the world did. And she was more than ok with that.
Shaking off her sleepiness, Sharon put the music on her iPod, took her sheet music and went to her piano. She spent the rest of the night practicing and listening to the songs over and over. She was in love with them. Justin had outdone himself this time. 
She was very much looking forward to working for him and being part of his new music. It was bound to be an incredible experience. 
After practicing a good amount of time and feeling some what comfortable with the songs and her part, she headed towards the bedroom to start her nightly routine. Once she was in bed she took a deep breath and stared at the ceiling. Sleep came quickly that night and she couldn't help the random thoughts and dreams of the man that was Justin Timberlake. 
Chapter 5 by daysgoby
The next morning was harder to get up. Sharon didn't think that was possible, but it was. She dragged herself out of bed and through getting ready. 
Plugging the new music in her car, during the drive, Sharon warmed up her voice. She got to rehearsal at seven thirty. Not many members of the band were there yet. In fact only two others were there with her. 
She gave Elliot and Leon a smile and wave then found a place in the room to drop her things. Sharon put on her headphones and listened to music as she tried waking up a little more. She couldn't stop yawning. 

Justin hummed along to the music blaring through his car as he drove. It was just before seven thirty that morning and he couldn't wait to get to rehearsal. He lived for this, and was excited. Seven years away from music. And now he was wondering why it had taken him this long. This feeling was home to him.  He warmed up his voice as he drove through the early morning LA traffic. He thought about the band he had, and he smiled. The band was amazing and today he would sing his new songs with them for the first time. That excited him even more.But as he got closer to the rehearsal building, Justin's thoughts turned to Sharon. He looked at the can of diet coke sitting in the cup holder next to his coffee and smiled. He was keeping his promise. And he would be lying to himself if he said he wasn't drawn to her for reasons he didn't know. 
He got to the rehearsal building just after seven thirty. He liked being early and wasn't surprised to see others were there too. But he was surprised to see Sharon sitting on the floor in her own world listening to music. His heart skipped a beat seeing her. 
After putting his things down, Justin got the coffee pot going then went over and briefly spoke to Adam and Elliot Ives who were messing around on their guitars. 
Sharon didn't notice when others started coming in the room. She listened to Pusher Love Girl and hummed her part to it. She wanted to make sure she knew it as well as she could before rehearsal. But as she sat there, she couldn't help the yawns that kept escaping. 
"I'm surprised you're here so early."
Sharon's eyes shot up hearing his voice and was met with blue eyes staring at her. Her heart sped up. Justin sat down on the floor next to her. He was wearing a black beanie and he looked really good.And smelled really good, Sharon noted. 
Find your voice, Sharon, she thought to herself. Her heart needed to go back to its place in her chest instead of her throat. She took her ear buds out and smiled.
"I needed some down time before we get going." She yawned again, quickly covering her mouth and sending him an apologetic look. "Otherwise I'll be yawning through rehearsal."
"I can't have you doing that. I would have to scold you," he said with a grin.
"I don't want that."
"I can be a mean bastard, you know."
Sharon gave him a look. "I highly doubt that."
"You never know." He winked and stood up, then offered his hand to her. "Come on. I have something for you."
Sharon took his hand and stood up. They walked over to his bag and Justin brought out the diet coke and handed it to her.
"I'm a man of my word."
"Oh bless you," Sharon sighed. She quickly opened it and took a drink.
Justin laughed. "Is it a two can kind of day? I brought another," he said smiling. "It is a very early morning in my world but I'm not sure yet. I'll have to let you know after this one."He looked around the room. "Looks like everyone is here. Lets get the party started."Giving her another smile, he walked to the middle of the room. Sharon took one more long drink of her caffeinated gold then joined the band, the whole time trying not to freak out over the fact that he had remembered her and brought a diet coke for her. 
But when they started rehearsing and she saw him singing in front of her, the teenage girl was desperately trying to come out. She even caught herself with her mouth wide open, almost forgetting to sing at times. Shaking her head, she put her teenage self at bay and focused. As best as she could. 
After a long day of rehearsing, Justin called it a day at five. He stayed talking with a few of the musicians while everyone else went to collect their things to leave. Sharon walked over to where her things were and placed her music binder inside. She was taking a drink from her water bottle when Justin walked up to her. "Did the diet coke save the day?"
Sharon turned around and laughed. "More ways than you could know. Thank you."
"My pleasure. I'll have a couple for you everyday."
Her heart beat faster. "You don't have to do that."
"I'm providing coffee for everyone else, it's the least I can do. Don't worry about it," he insisted. "Aright. Thanks," she said with a smile. "So tonight is the night for the Suit and Tie release."
Justin grinned. "It is."
"Excited?"
"Very. I hope everyone gives it a chance. It takes a few listens. What was your first reaction?"
"My first reaction? Wow," she stated easily. 
"Really?"
"Really," Sharon confirmed. "Wow, really good. Wow, really different. Wow, addicting. I love the soul in it. I think its a great sound and song. But I agree that it needs a few listens."
Justin nodded his head in agreement. "Thanks. I like feedback...but only if it's good feedback," he added jokingly.
Sharon laughed along with him. They started walking out of the room towards the parking lot. Most everyone else had left already. He was easy to talk to and someone she could easily hang out with. That thought alone made her smile. And she couldn't help but notice that the last two days, she was the only one leaving rehearsals with him. 
That night Sharon tried going to bed earlier than the past two night in hopes to fall asleep early and maybe be ready to wake up with her alarm. But all that ended up happening was her tossing and turning, her mind full of thoughts. 
Sharon couldn't help but think of Justin and how much she was starting to really like him. She had always loved him as an artist, but now that she knew him, she was getting hit hard.
"Stop thinking!" Sharon scolded herself. "And stop thinking about him!"
Rolling over again, she threw her blankets over her head and tried her hardest to sleep. Finally it happened, but not until her clock read two a.m.
Her alarm went off too quickly after that. She cursed at it and quickly turned it off. After dragging herself out of bed, into the shower, and getting ready, she went out the door, driving to the rehearsal building.Everyone was making their way into the building when she got there. They all waved hello to each other and talked a little before rehearsal. Justin was already there with coffee and donuts. Putting her things down Sharon rubbed the sleep once more out of her eyes. This schedule was really going to take a lot to get use to. Turning around to go take her place she literally ran right into Justin's solid body. 
"Sorry!" She quickly apologized. "Good morning," he said smiling at her. 
"Morning," she said trying to smile, her heart beating fast."Uh oh. You didn't say 'good' before morning. I brought you something again." Looking in his hand, she spotted the beautiful silver can. Oh there is a god she thought. When she looked back up and at a smiling Justin, her heart melted in a pool on the floor. 
"Thank you so much," she said taking it from.
"You look like you need to it today." 
"Very much so," Sharon said taking a drink. "And that also means you think I look as tired as I am.""No, no, no, that's not what I meant," he quickly said, making Sharon laugh. "I'm just giving you a hard time. Trust me, I'm tired and I know I look it.""You really don't. You look great as always. I hope you weren't up all night." 
Sharon felt a blush coming on at his compliment. "Yes and no. I sometimes suck at falling asleep. But once I am asleep, I hate waking up." 
"Me too. That's why I love coffee," Justin said smiling. "Ready to rehearse?" 
"Now I am," Sharon replied smiling. 
"Let's get it done."
Sharon laughed and followed him, taking her place. Before they got started, Adam and the rest of the group congratulated Justin on how well Suit and Tie was being received. It was number one on iTunes and the radio DJs were going crazy. Justin was officially out of his seven year hiatus from music. It was an exciting day. 
The morning went fast. They rehearsed Justin's new songs, tweaking it until Justin and Adam were happy with the changes and until everyone in the band was comfortable with it too. 
When lunch came, Sharon and Haley sat at a table eating. 
"You know, it's been three days since we started, but I still can't wrap my head around all of this," Haley said with a laugh.
"I'm glad I'm not the only one," Sharon agreed. "We finally get to spill the beans today too."
"Thank God. My boyfriend has be driving me crazy trying to get it out of me. Every time I practice I have to kick him out of the apartment. He doesn't like that."
Sharon laughed. "My manager, who is also my best friend has been doing the same to me. Speaking of, I should probably call her. I can only imagine she's going nuts waiting to hear from me."
Sharon took her phone out and noticed the few text messages from Katie. 
"Ummm...hello?! Did you forget what today is?" Read one message.
"Call me. Now!" Read another.
"I'm gonna kick your ass if you don't tell me soon!" Read the last one.
Shaking her head and chuckling, Sharon was about to call her back when they heard Adam call everyone back to start the afternoon rehearsal.
"Looks like she's going to have to wait a little longer," Haley said.
"She won't be happy. And that makes me smile," Sharon said with a grin.
"You're evil," she said laughing.
"Payback for her bugging me."
Sending her a quick message, Sharon and Haley walked back to the stage.
"I'll call u @4." Sharon hit send and could only imagine Katie's reaction to her message.
The afternoon was spent mixing up Justin's old songs. They all found it funny when Sharon, Haley, Jack and Aaron had to reteach Justin some of his own lyrics.  
"You try remembering all these songs that I haven't sang in years!" Justin exclaimed in defense. "Come on mister perfectionist," Adam teased, causing Justin to flip him the bird and everyone to laugh. Just before four, Justin called it a day when they found a good spot to stop practicing. He said bye to everyone, then walked over to where Adam was playing around on the keyboard."I have some ideas for Señorita," he said when Justin walked up to him.
"Besides me trying to remember the words?" Justin joked.
"Yes, although that would be a good start."
Justin nudged him and smiled. "Alright, what's your idea?"
Adam started talking and then he played his idea on the keyboard, but a sound distracted Justin. He looked over and noticed Sharon laughing about something with Haley. He smiled, not knowing what they were laughing about, but he liked the sound of her laugh and the look on her face. Watching as she grabbed her bag, the girls walked past him on their way out. Justin smiled and waved at them and watched until Sharon was out the door."Man, you've got it bad," Adam exclaimed.
Justin snapped out of it and looked back at him. "What?"
"You heard me. You've got the hots for Sharon."
"I do not," he denied quickly. "She's nice."
"Mmm hmm," Adam grinned.
Waving him off, Justin avoided him. 
"Play me your idea."
"I already did, but you were too busy drooling over Sharon."
"Asshole," Justin said laughing right along with Adam who was clearly having a great time picking on him.
Adam played him the idea again, Justin loved it, and just like that they had changed one more part of the song for the better. 
"See you tomorrow, girl," Sharon said waving at Haley.
Getting to her car, Sharon put her water on the hood of her car as she dug in her bag for her keys. She kept digging but she wasn't finding them. She ended up emptying her bag and still came up with no keys. 
"Damnit. Where are they?" She looked in her car in case she had left them in there from the morning, but they weren't there. 
Putting her things back in her bag, Sharon looked back at the building. They had to be in there. Walking back inside, she kept her head down looking to see of they fell along the way. Still nothing. 
She opened the door to the stage and ran right into a solid body. 
"Shit. Sorry," Sharon cursed before looking up to see Justin smiling at her. She really needed to stop running into him. It made her look clumsy. Her heart leapt up in her throat seeing his gorgeous smile. 
"Looking for these?" He asked holding up her keys.
"Wha...how...where were they?"
"They were on the floor where we were sitting earlier."
"Thanks," Sharon said reaching for them, but Justin pulled them away from her reach. "Are you trying to keep me here?" She asked. 
"No."
"Then why aren't you giving me my keys back?"
"Because you're going to play a little game to get them back."
"What?!" Sharon exclaimed. Justin just smiled. She knew there was no way out of this. "So if I play your game, I get my keys back."
"Yes. It's easy."
"Fine," she grumbled. 
"Who's your favor artist?"
Sharon gawked at him. "That's not a fair question."
"You could make me feel really good and say me."
"Will it get me my keys back faster?"
"You'll have to see."
"Fine. You."
Justin put her keys in his back pocket. "I'll let that one slide. Favorite concert?"
"Easy.  Nsync, No Strings Attached."
"Brownie points," he said smiling. "Dogs or cats?"
"Dogs."
He nodded his head. "Good answer. Favorite vacation spot?" 
"Camping at Yellowstone. I want to go back in a bad way."She watched as a big grin form across his face. He liked that answer, she noted. And it made her wonder why. 
"What's your favorite thing to do on a night in?"
"It depends on my mood. Sometimes I'll sit at my piano and just play. Otherwise I'm relaxing. Drinking wine, watching tv or reading a book.""Favorite Disney character?""Oh that's hard. So many good ones. But...Minnie mouse. Yours?"
"Mickey mouse. Match made in heaven," Justin grinned. "Last one. Favorite Nsync member?"
Sharon blushed a dark red. "You," she mumble quietly. 
By the look on her face, Justin knew her answer was true and it made him smile. He reached in his pocket and pulled out her keys, handing them to her. 
"Thank you."
"Painless, wasn't it?"
"Mostly," Sharon said.
They started walking towards the door to leave. Sharon's phone went off and she reached in her bag. After looking at who it was, she silenced it and put it back in her bag.
"Boyfriend?" Justin asked. The question had flown out of his mouth, but he couldn't help it. He had to know. "No. Don't have one. That was my manager.""Not nice to ignore the manager," he said with a wink.
"She wasn't calling as my manager, but as my best friend actually."
"Ah, a best friend doubled as a manager. Those can be nice."
"Yes, until its annoying like when she feels like she has to know everything when she can't," Sharon said giving him a look.
Justin nodded in understanding. "Ah, the disclosure agreement."
"Yes. She's been driving me insane."
"You know what to do with that?"
"I'm afraid to ask, but go on."
"Make her pay for annoying you. Say that you'll tell her but after she buys you dinner."
Sharon laughed. "I like that. I just may have to do that. She won't like it one bit."
"That's the beauty of it," he said with a smile. "Alright see you tomorrow bright and early." 
"Yes I will be here. Although, for the sanity of your band, don't you think we could change that start time to say, ten?" Sharon asked full of hope. 
"Hmm, let me think about that for a minute," Justin said stretching his head. "I thought about it and boss says no," he said grinning. 
"Aww...a girl has to try," Sharon replied laughing. 
Justin liked her laughing. "See you in the morning." 
"I'll be here," she said unlocking her door. 
"Now I get to go home and try to remember my lyrics." 
"Think of it this way, at least it's not Nsync lyrics." 
"Oh good god that would be interesting. I don't even know if I could bullshit my way through that. That doesn't mean that it wouldn't be fun." Justin grinned evilly and stood in front of her car door, arms crossed against his chest. 
"Are you preventing me from leaving again?"
"Favorite Nsync song?" 
"Oh lordy." 
"Well..." Justin said grinning large. 
"I'm thinking there's a lot of good ones," Sharon said thinking and tapping her foot. "No Strings Attached." 
"Good song." 
"It is should have been a single." 
"Hmm...it would have made a good one," he agreed. "Least favorite Nsync song?"
"Is there such a thing?" 
Justin laughed. "You're full of good answers today." "I'm racking up those brown points, aren't I?""I'll have to tally them up tonight," he agreed. "What's your favorite Nsync song?" Sharon asked."This I Promise You. Working with Richard Marx was an amazing experience and that song has always been my favorite." "Least favorite?" 
"That's tough. I agree there isn't one," he said moving away from the door. "Although...Here We Go got a little annoying."Sharon busted out laughed. "Nsync has got the flow," she sang, adding the wavy arm move with it.Justin snorted a laugh at the memories that had brought back. "Yea, that. That got annoying.""Still a good song," she said shaking her head. "True fan.""Always and forever.""Alright, I suppose I'll let you get going now.""See you in the morning." With a smile, Justin walked away backwards, giving her a wave. "Yes, see you in the morning. Bright and early because I'm a mean boss.""There aren't many people I'll wake up early for," Sharon said, immediately blushing at what she had just said. She cursed in her head. But watched as Justin bit his bottom lip and winked at her. 
Feeling short on breath, Sharon quickly opened her car door and slipped in. Justin waved again and turned around, heading over to his car. Sharon's heart rate was through the roof. She flirted with Justin Timberlake. Pinching herself she winced. Yes, she was awake. She flirted with Justin fucking Timberlake. And she blurted out things she wished she hadn't. Her insides screamed. Hopefully she didn't act like a retard. Shaking her thoughts away she pulled out her cell phone. There were more messages from Katie. 
"It's after four...where the hell are you? Unless your hurt. I'm waiting to hear from you." 
Next one. "Ok, I'm growing concerned. I put aside my annoying tendencies. Please call me." 
Pressing the speed dial she waited for Katie to pick up. 
"Please God tell me you're not sitting somewhere on the side of the road hurt." 
"No I'm not sitting on the side of the road. I'm still at the rehearsal building." 
"Oh really! So can you tell me now?" 
"Your concern for me has disappeared, I see."
"Well you just told me you are fine, so spill." 
"I did not tell you I was fine. I said I was at the rehearsal building." 
"So you're stuck there." 
"No." 
Katie let out an annoying breath of air. Sharon was loving every minute of it, but she figured she should let her know that she was ok.
"I'm fine Katie." 
"Ok good. Now that we've taken care of that. Who are you working for?" 
"I'll tell you over dinner, I'm starved." 
"What!" 
"Meet me at my apartment with dinner and I'll tell you." 
"Are you bribing me?"
"Yes." 
"That's mean." 
Sharon laughed. "It's payback." 
"What!" 
"Do you even now how annoying you have been?"
"Ok yes I've been slightly annoying, but it's been killing me, eating me from my insides out."
This made Sharon roll her eyes. "Then meet me at my apartment with dinner." 
"Oy women fine," Katie exclaimed.
"Good, see you in a half an hour." 
"What do you want?" 
"Surprise me," Sharon said with a smile knowing this would probably send Katie over the edge. 
"Girl this better be worth it." 
"Oh it will be." 
"Fine, see you in a half an hour." 
"Bye," Sharon said with a smirk. 
Hanging up Sharon started her way home. When she reached her apartment she opened the door and kicked her shoes off. It felt good to be home. Not soon after she walked in, the door opened again and Katie came walking in with her hands full.
"What the hell did you get?" Sharon said as Katie unloaded the bags in the kitchen. 
"I went to your favorite Japanese place." 
"You sure are trying to suck up." 
"I got wine and a chocolate cake for dessert."
"Oh I do love you," Sharon said getting the plates. 
She set them on the counter as Katie opened the bags. Katie struggled with saying something about when Sharon was going to tell her. She got in enough trouble with her mouth already, resulting in her having to buy dinner. 
"Let's go," Sharon said grabbing their plates and setting them at the table. 
The girls sat down and Sharon just about lost it when she saw how hard Katie was trying.
"You haven't said much since you got here," Sharon commented.
"Yep," Katie replied quickly, then shutting her mouth again.
Putting her fork down, Sharon laughed. "You're trying so hard, aren't you?"
"I don't know what your talking about," she said piling a fork full of rice in her mouth. It only made Sharon laugh harder.
"Swallow then I'll tell you. I don't feel like performing the heimlich maneuver on you today." 
Katie quickly swallowed and took a drink of wine. She was ready. 
"Ready?"
"What do you think?" Katie exclaimed. 
"I'm working for Justin Timberlake."
Katie's eyes grew big and her mouth hung open. "What?!" She screamed. 
"I'm working for Justin Timberlake," she repeated, loving every second of Katie's reaction.
"Excuse me." Katie stood up and went over to the couch. She grabbed a pillow and screamed into it. Sharon watched in humor. This was better than she was hoping. 
When Katie was done, she put the pillow down and sat back down at the table. 
"Better?" Sharon asked.
"Much," she said. Taking another drink of her wine, Katie pushed her food forward and placed her arms on the table. "Food can wait.  Tell me everything. Don't leave a detail out."
"There are a lot of details."
"I've got all night. Talk."
Sharon started from the beginning and just like Katie asked, she didn't leave any detail out. 
"Oh my god that is so fucking awesome." Katie exclaimed jumping in her set. She took another drink of wine. "I think this will be the best job to date." 
"It has been already. The people I'm working with are great. The band is amazing. We get along great and Justin has been at each rehearsal." 
"Really! Usually they don't show up until they are needed." 
"Yea he sits and listens to us practicing then he practices with us." 
"Hands on." Katie said sitting back in her chair. "Hmm....What all is he planning by the way?" 
Sharon shrugged her shoulders. "Not completely sure. All we know is new music." 
Katie nodded. "I heard Suit and Tie on the radio today and may or may not have flipped out. I was going to make sure you had heard it, but I can see now that you have," she laughed. "Yes, days ago," Sharon said rubbing it in with a wink. "So now I get to be in the loop, right?" 
"Yes, don't worry. As much as you didn't think, it was killing me not to tell you and be able to talk to someone about this. I'm going to need you with me on this one."
Katie eyed her. "Yea right, you were enjoying yourself by not being able to tell me." 
Laughing a little Sharon took a few sips of wine. "Ok yes maybe it was a little fun, but not being able to tell someone was driving me nuts in the inside." 
"I knew you had fun with it."The girls spent the rest of the evening talking and laughing until Sharon kicked Katie out so she could get to bed. 
"I like him just for the fact that he's making you get up when the rest of the world has to," Katie said before leaving. 
"Of course you do.  I, on the other hand, do not. I even begged him to change the time."
"You did not," she said in surprise.
Sharon giggled. "I did. He said no."
"Good man. Alright, get you beauty sleep. Call me tomorrow."
"Will do. See ya girl."
Katie left and Sharon went right to bed. It was getting easier to go to bed early because she loved sleep, but waking up was still a big issue.

Justin put his papers in a neat pile on the table then sat back on the couch, running his hand through his hair. He yawned. It had been a long day, but he wasn't quite ready for bed yet. He looked next to him at his best friend, his dog Brennan. She was passed out sleeping, snoring softly. Obviously she was ready for bed. 
Making his way over to his piano, Justin sat and started playing, nothing in particular, just whatever his fingers wanted. He thought back to the last few days and how well everything was coming together. The band gelled well. Everyone got along and had fun together. Meanwhile, his management team was working on the next steps. He knew they were going to have him busy with appearances starting in the next couple of weeks. And he couldn't wait.  
Soon, his thoughts turned to what happened that day. How Adam had seen right through him and called him out on it. Justin wasn't ready to admit that he felt something for Sharon. He barely knew her, but as much as he didn't want to, he knew he was falling for her. 
He smiled thinking of her. One of the things he liked most about her was how much she laughed. She was always smiling and enjoying herself. It was infectious.
But the thing that really caught his attention from the beginning was her voice. Every day in rehearsal, she was next to him and he got lost in listening to her sing. It would be partly true that was why he kept forgetting lyrics.He had spent a lot of time that night practicing the lyrics so hopefully they would become second nature to him again. Letting his hands drop from the keys to his lap, Justin decided to call it a night. Standing up, Brennan heard him and jumped up and trotted over to the stairs to go up to bed. 
Chapter 5 by daysgoby
The next morning was harder to get up. Sharon didn't think that was possible, but it was. She dragged herself out of bed and through getting ready. 
Plugging the new music in her car, during the drive, Sharon warmed up her voice. She got to rehearsal at seven thirty. Not many members of the band were there yet. In fact only two others were there with her. 
She gave Elliot and Leon a smile and wave then found a place in the room to drop her things. Sharon put on her headphones and listened to music as she tried waking up a little more. She couldn't stop yawning. 

Justin hummed along to the music blaring through his car as he drove. It was just before seven thirty that morning and he couldn't wait to get to rehearsal. He lived for this, and was excited. Seven years away from music. And now he was wondering why it had taken him this long. This feeling was home to him.  He warmed up his voice as he drove through the early morning LA traffic. He thought about the band he had, and he smiled. The band was amazing and today he would sing his new songs with them for the first time. That excited him even more.But as he got closer to the rehearsal building, Justin's thoughts turned to Sharon. He looked at the can of diet coke sitting in the cup holder next to his coffee and smiled. He was keeping his promise. And he would be lying to himself if he said he wasn't drawn to her for reasons he didn't know. 
He got to the rehearsal building just after seven thirty. He liked being early and wasn't surprised to see others were there too. But he was surprised to see Sharon sitting on the floor in her own world listening to music. His heart skipped a beat seeing her. 
After putting his things down, Justin got the coffee pot going then went over and briefly spoke to Adam and Elliot Ives who were messing around on their guitars. 
Sharon didn't notice when others started coming in the room. She listened to Pusher Love Girl and hummed her part to it. She wanted to make sure she knew it as well as she could before rehearsal. But as she sat there, she couldn't help the yawns that kept escaping. 
"I'm surprised you're here so early."
Sharon's eyes shot up hearing his voice and was met with blue eyes staring at her. Her heart sped up. Justin sat down on the floor next to her. He was wearing a black beanie and he looked really good.And smelled really good, Sharon noted. 
Find your voice, Sharon, she thought to herself. Her heart needed to go back to its place in her chest instead of her throat. She took her ear buds out and smiled.
"I needed some down time before we get going." She yawned again, quickly covering her mouth and sending him an apologetic look. "Otherwise I'll be yawning through rehearsal."
"I can't have you doing that. I would have to scold you," he said with a grin.
"I don't want that."
"I can be a mean bastard, you know."
Sharon gave him a look. "I highly doubt that."
"You never know." He winked and stood up, then offered his hand to her. "Come on. I have something for you."
Sharon took his hand and stood up. They walked over to his bag and Justin brought out the diet coke and handed it to her.
"I'm a man of my word."
"Oh bless you," Sharon sighed. She quickly opened it and took a drink.
Justin laughed. "Is it a two can kind of day? I brought another," he said smiling. "It is a very early morning in my world but I'm not sure yet. I'll have to let you know after this one."He looked around the room. "Looks like everyone is here. Lets get the party started."Giving her another smile, he walked to the middle of the room. Sharon took one more long drink of her caffeinated gold then joined the band, the whole time trying not to freak out over the fact that he had remembered her and brought a diet coke for her. 
But when they started rehearsing and she saw him singing in front of her, the teenage girl was desperately trying to come out. She even caught herself with her mouth wide open, almost forgetting to sing at times. Shaking her head, she put her teenage self at bay and focused. As best as she could. 
After a long day of rehearsing, Justin called it a day at five. He stayed talking with a few of the musicians while everyone else went to collect their things to leave. Sharon walked over to where her things were and placed her music binder inside. She was taking a drink from her water bottle when Justin walked up to her. "Did the diet coke save the day?"
Sharon turned around and laughed. "More ways than you could know. Thank you."
"My pleasure. I'll have a couple for you everyday."
Her heart beat faster. "You don't have to do that."
"I'm providing coffee for everyone else, it's the least I can do. Don't worry about it," he insisted. "Aright. Thanks," she said with a smile. "So tonight is the night for the Suit and Tie release."
Justin grinned. "It is."
"Excited?"
"Very. I hope everyone gives it a chance. It takes a few listens. What was your first reaction?"
"My first reaction? Wow," she stated easily. 
"Really?"
"Really," Sharon confirmed. "Wow, really good. Wow, really different. Wow, addicting. I love the soul in it. I think its a great sound and song. But I agree that it needs a few listens."
Justin nodded his head in agreement. "Thanks. I like feedback...but only if it's good feedback," he added jokingly.
Sharon laughed along with him. They started walking out of the room towards the parking lot. Most everyone else had left already. He was easy to talk to and someone she could easily hang out with. That thought alone made her smile. And she couldn't help but notice that the last two days, she was the only one leaving rehearsals with him. 
That night Sharon tried going to bed earlier than the past two night in hopes to fall asleep early and maybe be ready to wake up with her alarm. But all that ended up happening was her tossing and turning, her mind full of thoughts. 
Sharon couldn't help but think of Justin and how much she was starting to really like him. She had always loved him as an artist, but now that she knew him, she was getting hit hard.
"Stop thinking!" Sharon scolded herself. "And stop thinking about him!"
Rolling over again, she threw her blankets over her head and tried her hardest to sleep. Finally it happened, but not until her clock read two a.m.
Her alarm went off too quickly after that. She cursed at it and quickly turned it off. After dragging herself out of bed, into the shower, and getting ready, she went out the door, driving to the rehearsal building.Everyone was making their way into the building when she got there. They all waved hello to each other and talked a little before rehearsal. Justin was already there with coffee and donuts. Putting her things down Sharon rubbed the sleep once more out of her eyes. This schedule was really going to take a lot to get use to. Turning around to go take her place she literally ran right into Justin's solid body. 
"Sorry!" She quickly apologized. "Good morning," he said smiling at her. 
"Morning," she said trying to smile, her heart beating fast."Uh oh. You didn't say 'good' before morning. I brought you something again." Looking in his hand, she spotted the beautiful silver can. Oh there is a god she thought. When she looked back up and at a smiling Justin, her heart melted in a pool on the floor. 
"Thank you so much," she said taking it from.
"You look like you need to it today." 
"Very much so," Sharon said taking a drink. "And that also means you think I look as tired as I am.""No, no, no, that's not what I meant," he quickly said, making Sharon laugh. "I'm just giving you a hard time. Trust me, I'm tired and I know I look it.""You really don't. You look great as always. I hope you weren't up all night." 
Sharon felt a blush coming on at his compliment. "Yes and no. I sometimes suck at falling asleep. But once I am asleep, I hate waking up." 
"Me too. That's why I love coffee," Justin said smiling. "Ready to rehearse?" 
"Now I am," Sharon replied smiling. 
"Let's get it done."
Sharon laughed and followed him, taking her place. Before they got started, Adam and the rest of the group congratulated Justin on how well Suit and Tie was being received. It was number one on iTunes and the radio DJs were going crazy. Justin was officially out of his seven year hiatus from music. It was an exciting day. 
The morning went fast. They rehearsed Justin's new songs, tweaking it until Justin and Adam were happy with the changes and until everyone in the band was comfortable with it too. 
When lunch came, Sharon and Haley sat at a table eating. 
"You know, it's been three days since we started, but I still can't wrap my head around all of this," Haley said with a laugh.
"I'm glad I'm not the only one," Sharon agreed. "We finally get to spill the beans today too."
"Thank God. My boyfriend has be driving me crazy trying to get it out of me. Every time I practice I have to kick him out of the apartment. He doesn't like that."
Sharon laughed. "My manager, who is also my best friend has been doing the same to me. Speaking of, I should probably call her. I can only imagine she's going nuts waiting to hear from me."
Sharon took her phone out and noticed the few text messages from Katie. 
"Ummm...hello?! Did you forget what today is?" Read one message.
"Call me. Now!" Read another.
"I'm gonna kick your ass if you don't tell me soon!" Read the last one.
Shaking her head and chuckling, Sharon was about to call her back when they heard Adam call everyone back to start the afternoon rehearsal.
"Looks like she's going to have to wait a little longer," Haley said.
"She won't be happy. And that makes me smile," Sharon said with a grin.
"You're evil," she said laughing.
"Payback for her bugging me."
Sending her a quick message, Sharon and Haley walked back to the stage.
"I'll call u @4." Sharon hit send and could only imagine Katie's reaction to her message.
The afternoon was spent mixing up Justin's old songs. They all found it funny when Sharon, Haley, Jack and Aaron had to reteach Justin some of his own lyrics.  
"You try remembering all these songs that I haven't sang in years!" Justin exclaimed in defense. "Come on mister perfectionist," Adam teased, causing Justin to flip him the bird and everyone to laugh. Just before four, Justin called it a day when they found a good spot to stop practicing. He said bye to everyone, then walked over to where Adam was playing around on the keyboard."I have some ideas for Señorita," he said when Justin walked up to him.
"Besides me trying to remember the words?" Justin joked.
"Yes, although that would be a good start."
Justin nudged him and smiled. "Alright, what's your idea?"
Adam started talking and then he played his idea on the keyboard, but a sound distracted Justin. He looked over and noticed Sharon laughing about something with Haley. He smiled, not knowing what they were laughing about, but he liked the sound of her laugh and the look on her face. Watching as she grabbed her bag, the girls walked past him on their way out. Justin smiled and waved at them and watched until Sharon was out the door."Man, you've got it bad," Adam exclaimed.
Justin snapped out of it and looked back at him. "What?"
"You heard me. You've got the hots for Sharon."
"I do not," he denied quickly. "She's nice."
"Mmm hmm," Adam grinned.
Waving him off, Justin avoided him. 
"Play me your idea."
"I already did, but you were too busy drooling over Sharon."
"Asshole," Justin said laughing right along with Adam who was clearly having a great time picking on him.
Adam played him the idea again, Justin loved it, and just like that they had changed one more part of the song for the better. 
"See you tomorrow, girl," Sharon said waving at Haley.
Getting to her car, Sharon put her water on the hood of her car as she dug in her bag for her keys. She kept digging but she wasn't finding them. She ended up emptying her bag and still came up with no keys. 
"Damnit. Where are they?" She looked in her car in case she had left them in there from the morning, but they weren't there. 
Putting her things back in her bag, Sharon looked back at the building. They had to be in there. Walking back inside, she kept her head down looking to see of they fell along the way. Still nothing. 
She opened the door to the stage and ran right into a solid body. 
"Shit. Sorry," Sharon cursed before looking up to see Justin smiling at her. She really needed to stop running into him. It made her look clumsy. Her heart leapt up in her throat seeing his gorgeous smile. 
"Looking for these?" He asked holding up her keys.
"Wha...how...where were they?"
"They were on the floor where we were sitting earlier."
"Thanks," Sharon said reaching for them, but Justin pulled them away from her reach. "Are you trying to keep me here?" She asked. 
"No."
"Then why aren't you giving me my keys back?"
"Because you're going to play a little game to get them back."
"What?!" Sharon exclaimed. Justin just smiled. She knew there was no way out of this. "So if I play your game, I get my keys back."
"Yes. It's easy."
"Fine," she grumbled. 
"Who's your favor artist?"
Sharon gawked at him. "That's not a fair question."
"You could make me feel really good and say me."
"Will it get me my keys back faster?"
"You'll have to see."
"Fine. You."
Justin put her keys in his back pocket. "I'll let that one slide. Favorite concert?"
"Easy.  Nsync, No Strings Attached."
"Brownie points," he said smiling. "Dogs or cats?"
"Dogs."
He nodded his head. "Good answer. Favorite vacation spot?" 
"Camping at Yellowstone. I want to go back in a bad way."She watched as a big grin form across his face. He liked that answer, she noted. And it made her wonder why. 
"What's your favorite thing to do on a night in?"
"It depends on my mood. Sometimes I'll sit at my piano and just play. Otherwise I'm relaxing. Drinking wine, watching tv or reading a book.""Favorite Disney character?""Oh that's hard. So many good ones. But...Minnie mouse. Yours?"
"Mickey mouse. Match made in heaven," Justin grinned. "Last one. Favorite Nsync member?"
Sharon blushed a dark red. "You," she mumble quietly. 
By the look on her face, Justin knew her answer was true and it made him smile. He reached in his pocket and pulled out her keys, handing them to her. 
"Thank you."
"Painless, wasn't it?"
"Mostly," Sharon said.
They started walking towards the door to leave. Sharon's phone went off and she reached in her bag. After looking at who it was, she silenced it and put it back in her bag.
"Boyfriend?" Justin asked. The question had flown out of his mouth, but he couldn't help it. He had to know. "No. Don't have one. That was my manager.""Not nice to ignore the manager," he said with a wink.
"She wasn't calling as my manager, but as my best friend actually."
"Ah, a best friend doubled as a manager. Those can be nice."
"Yes, until its annoying like when she feels like she has to know everything when she can't," Sharon said giving him a look.
Justin nodded in understanding. "Ah, the disclosure agreement."
"Yes. She's been driving me insane."
"You know what to do with that?"
"I'm afraid to ask, but go on."
"Make her pay for annoying you. Say that you'll tell her but after she buys you dinner."
Sharon laughed. "I like that. I just may have to do that. She won't like it one bit."
"That's the beauty of it," he said with a smile. "Alright see you tomorrow bright and early." 
"Yes I will be here. Although, for the sanity of your band, don't you think we could change that start time to say, ten?" Sharon asked full of hope. 
"Hmm, let me think about that for a minute," Justin said stretching his head. "I thought about it and boss says no," he said grinning. 
"Aww...a girl has to try," Sharon replied laughing. 
Justin liked her laughing. "See you in the morning." 
"I'll be here," she said unlocking her door. 
"Now I get to go home and try to remember my lyrics." 
"Think of it this way, at least it's not Nsync lyrics." 
"Oh good god that would be interesting. I don't even know if I could bullshit my way through that. That doesn't mean that it wouldn't be fun." Justin grinned evilly and stood in front of her car door, arms crossed against his chest. 
"Are you preventing me from leaving again?"
"Favorite Nsync song?" 
"Oh lordy." 
"Well..." Justin said grinning large. 
"I'm thinking there's a lot of good ones," Sharon said thinking and tapping her foot. "No Strings Attached." 
"Good song." 
"It is should have been a single." 
"Hmm...it would have made a good one," he agreed. "Least favorite Nsync song?"
"Is there such a thing?" 
Justin laughed. "You're full of good answers today." "I'm racking up those brown points, aren't I?""I'll have to tally them up tonight," he agreed. "What's your favorite Nsync song?" Sharon asked."This I Promise You. Working with Richard Marx was an amazing experience and that song has always been my favorite." "Least favorite?" 
"That's tough. I agree there isn't one," he said moving away from the door. "Although...Here We Go got a little annoying."Sharon busted out laughed. "Nsync has got the flow," she sang, adding the wavy arm move with it.Justin snorted a laugh at the memories that had brought back. "Yea, that. That got annoying.""Still a good song," she said shaking her head. "True fan.""Always and forever.""Alright, I suppose I'll let you get going now.""See you in the morning." With a smile, Justin walked away backwards, giving her a wave. "Yes, see you in the morning. Bright and early because I'm a mean boss.""There aren't many people I'll wake up early for," Sharon said, immediately blushing at what she had just said. She cursed in her head. But watched as Justin bit his bottom lip and winked at her. 
Feeling short on breath, Sharon quickly opened her car door and slipped in. Justin waved again and turned around, heading over to his car. Sharon's heart rate was through the roof. She flirted with Justin Timberlake. Pinching herself she winced. Yes, she was awake. She flirted with Justin fucking Timberlake. And she blurted out things she wished she hadn't. Her insides screamed. Hopefully she didn't act like a retard. Shaking her thoughts away she pulled out her cell phone. There were more messages from Katie. 
"It's after four...where the hell are you? Unless your hurt. I'm waiting to hear from you." 
Next one. "Ok, I'm growing concerned. I put aside my annoying tendencies. Please call me." 
Pressing the speed dial she waited for Katie to pick up. 
"Please God tell me you're not sitting somewhere on the side of the road hurt." 
"No I'm not sitting on the side of the road. I'm still at the rehearsal building." 
"Oh really! So can you tell me now?" 
"Your concern for me has disappeared, I see."
"Well you just told me you are fine, so spill." 
"I did not tell you I was fine. I said I was at the rehearsal building." 
"So you're stuck there." 
"No." 
Katie let out an annoying breath of air. Sharon was loving every minute of it, but she figured she should let her know that she was ok.
"I'm fine Katie." 
"Ok good. Now that we've taken care of that. Who are you working for?" 
"I'll tell you over dinner, I'm starved." 
"What!" 
"Meet me at my apartment with dinner and I'll tell you." 
"Are you bribing me?"
"Yes." 
"That's mean." 
Sharon laughed. "It's payback." 
"What!" 
"Do you even now how annoying you have been?"
"Ok yes I've been slightly annoying, but it's been killing me, eating me from my insides out."
This made Sharon roll her eyes. "Then meet me at my apartment with dinner." 
"Oy women fine," Katie exclaimed.
"Good, see you in a half an hour." 
"What do you want?" 
"Surprise me," Sharon said with a smile knowing this would probably send Katie over the edge. 
"Girl this better be worth it." 
"Oh it will be." 
"Fine, see you in a half an hour." 
"Bye," Sharon said with a smirk. 
Hanging up Sharon started her way home. When she reached her apartment she opened the door and kicked her shoes off. It felt good to be home. Not soon after she walked in, the door opened again and Katie came walking in with her hands full.
"What the hell did you get?" Sharon said as Katie unloaded the bags in the kitchen. 
"I went to your favorite Japanese place." 
"You sure are trying to suck up." 
"I got wine and a chocolate cake for dessert."
"Oh I do love you," Sharon said getting the plates. 
She set them on the counter as Katie opened the bags. Katie struggled with saying something about when Sharon was going to tell her. She got in enough trouble with her mouth already, resulting in her having to buy dinner. 
"Let's go," Sharon said grabbing their plates and setting them at the table. 
The girls sat down and Sharon just about lost it when she saw how hard Katie was trying.
"You haven't said much since you got here," Sharon commented.
"Yep," Katie replied quickly, then shutting her mouth again.
Putting her fork down, Sharon laughed. "You're trying so hard, aren't you?"
"I don't know what your talking about," she said piling a fork full of rice in her mouth. It only made Sharon laugh harder.
"Swallow then I'll tell you. I don't feel like performing the heimlich maneuver on you today." 
Katie quickly swallowed and took a drink of wine. She was ready. 
"Ready?"
"What do you think?" Katie exclaimed. 
"I'm working for Justin Timberlake."
Katie's eyes grew big and her mouth hung open. "What?!" She screamed. 
"I'm working for Justin Timberlake," she repeated, loving every second of Katie's reaction.
"Excuse me." Katie stood up and went over to the couch. She grabbed a pillow and screamed into it. Sharon watched in humor. This was better than she was hoping. 
When Katie was done, she put the pillow down and sat back down at the table. 
"Better?" Sharon asked.
"Much," she said. Taking another drink of her wine, Katie pushed her food forward and placed her arms on the table. "Food can wait.  Tell me everything. Don't leave a detail out."
"There are a lot of details."
"I've got all night. Talk."
Sharon started from the beginning and just like Katie asked, she didn't leave any detail out. 
"Oh my god that is so fucking awesome." Katie exclaimed jumping in her set. She took another drink of wine. "I think this will be the best job to date." 
"It has been already. The people I'm working with are great. The band is amazing. We get along great and Justin has been at each rehearsal." 
"Really! Usually they don't show up until they are needed." 
"Yea he sits and listens to us practicing then he practices with us." 
"Hands on." Katie said sitting back in her chair. "Hmm....What all is he planning by the way?" 
Sharon shrugged her shoulders. "Not completely sure. All we know is new music." 
Katie nodded. "I heard Suit and Tie on the radio today and may or may not have flipped out. I was going to make sure you had heard it, but I can see now that you have," she laughed. "Yes, days ago," Sharon said rubbing it in with a wink. "So now I get to be in the loop, right?" 
"Yes, don't worry. As much as you didn't think, it was killing me not to tell you and be able to talk to someone about this. I'm going to need you with me on this one."
Katie eyed her. "Yea right, you were enjoying yourself by not being able to tell me." 
Laughing a little Sharon took a few sips of wine. "Ok yes maybe it was a little fun, but not being able to tell someone was driving me nuts in the inside." 
"I knew you had fun with it."The girls spent the rest of the evening talking and laughing until Sharon kicked Katie out so she could get to bed. 
"I like him just for the fact that he's making you get up when the rest of the world has to," Katie said before leaving. 
"Of course you do.  I, on the other hand, do not. I even begged him to change the time."
"You did not," she said in surprise.
Sharon giggled. "I did. He said no."
"Good man. Alright, get you beauty sleep. Call me tomorrow."
"Will do. See ya girl."
Katie left and Sharon went right to bed. It was getting easier to go to bed early because she loved sleep, but waking up was still a big issue.

Justin put his papers in a neat pile on the table then sat back on the couch, running his hand through his hair. He yawned. It had been a long day, but he wasn't quite ready for bed yet. He looked next to him at his best friend, his dog Brennan. She was passed out sleeping, snoring softly. Obviously she was ready for bed. 
Making his way over to his piano, Justin sat and started playing, nothing in particular, just whatever his fingers wanted. He thought back to the last few days and how well everything was coming together. The band gelled well. Everyone got along and had fun together. Meanwhile, his management team was working on the next steps. He knew they were going to have him busy with appearances starting in the next couple of weeks. And he couldn't wait.  
Soon, his thoughts turned to what happened that day. How Adam had seen right through him and called him out on it. Justin wasn't ready to admit that he felt something for Sharon. He barely knew her, but as much as he didn't want to, he knew he was falling for her. 
He smiled thinking of her. One of the things he liked most about her was how much she laughed. She was always smiling and enjoying herself. It was infectious.
But the thing that really caught his attention from the beginning was her voice. Every day in rehearsal, she was next to him and he got lost in listening to her sing. It would be partly true that was why he kept forgetting lyrics.He had spent a lot of time that night practicing the lyrics so hopefully they would become second nature to him again. Letting his hands drop from the keys to his lap, Justin decided to call it a night. Standing up, Brennan heard him and jumped up and trotted over to the stairs to go up to bed. 
This story archived at http://nsync-fiction.com/archive/viewstory.php?sid=2875