Part 1 - Blood Kiss: After Midnight by d_simplicity
Summary:

Your skin, once perfect,
once a pale sweep
of unbroken desert dunes,
has felt my kiss and now it cries -
ruby tears are welling up,
are slowly sliding down your throat,
glistening, delicious tears of joy,
of life, of your awakening.

Poem: Kiss of Life: By StarFields

Venture into the short tale of a Vampire's journey as he (Justin) and his partner (Hailey) are faced with passion, lust, desire, danger and death...

*Presenting - The Blood Series: A Vampire's Love*

 


Categories: Completed Het Stories Characters: Justin Timberlake
Awards: None
Genres: Alternate Universe, Angst, Drama, Fantasy, Mystery, Romance, Supernatural
Challenges: None
Series: The Blood Series: A Vampire’s Love
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 7521 Read: 1676 Published: Jul 14, 2007 Updated: Jul 14, 2007
Story Notes:
This is a concept I had from other vamp fics I've written but never shared. I'm going to combine them into one series and I'll just edit and re-write some so they are all related. I hope you all like. Feedback is always welcomed. This is the first part to a five part series. Enjoy. :-D

1. Part 1 - Blood Kiss: After Midnight by d_simplicity

Part 1 - Blood Kiss: After Midnight by d_simplicity
Author's Notes:
Part 1:

 

 

 

1. Blood Kiss: After Midnight

 

Gazing through the store window, I notice the bright flashes illuminating the empty streets outside as an uncanny feeling takes over, causing me to shudder...

"Thank you and please come again." I hand the customer his change and he winks at me licking his chapped lips before he leaves. I flinch at his grotesqueness but still manage to remain almost emotionless. I don't know why I bother. I know he'll be back tomorrow. He's here almost every day...

I swear it's like this every night. Some horny guys will come in between 11pm and 12am and head straight to the porn section. What really irks me is when they ask what I recommend. I mean seriously, do I look like I give a fuck about any of that? I'm only working this extra job because I need the extra money to survive through university else I wouldn't be here. Working at some sleazy video rental store with a shift from 7pm-12am wasn't my ideal choice but it's either that or I drop out of school from lack of funds.

It's now 12 and I want nothing more than to leave this nauseating place. My boss is a lazy, cheap bastard who likes collecting money but is always late on his payments. Gathering my bag and umbrella I stand from my post, smoothing out my black skirt in search of my employer.

"Hey Matt, I'm heading out." I find him at the back near the lockers, smoking a joint. It's his nightly ritual.

"Did you clock out and make sure everything is in check Hailey?" He asks me, his tone low and gruff. He coughs a bit, rubbing at his partly bald head. The man is just disgusting.

"Yeah sure boss." I lie. "I'm leaving now so see you tomorrow." I add, not waiting for a reply from him.

He waves me off and my legs couldn't take me to the exit fast enough.

When I step outside of the store, I notice that it's pouring and there's a slight thunderstorm in the works. Oh this is just great. It's just my luck. Grimacing when I hear the thunder crackle, I grip my black jacket around me tightly and open my umbrella stepping under the cold rain showers.

These are the nights I despise. The streets are deserted; the night is dark and gloomy with no moonlight since the grey clouds overcast the pitch black sky, and I have to walk six blocks to my apartment. Plus, this part of LA isn't exactly the best neighborhood.

Sighing exceptionally loud, I begin my journey down the dark sidewalk only illuminated by the street lights. There are a few parked cars around and the lingering sign of human life. However, I know better than to make any eye contact because anyone who's out on the street at this time is either a drug dealer or some other kind of criminal.

 

****

 

I've been walking for a while, deep in thought, completely engrossed with the contemplation of dropping out of school. It doesn't help that I have a term paper due and my assignment partner has been slacking off. I literally developed a healthy dislike towards my professor when he paired me with the class idiot. His justification was conjured into a lecture about how I could tutor the guy in the process. I mean honestly what do I look like a babysitter?

My thoughts are cut short when I hear what seems to be footsteps in the rain behind me. At full alert now, I whip around but find nothing except the silence and emptiness of the path I previously traveled. Furrowing my brows I turn around brushing it off as paranoia and maybe sleep deprivation? Having early morning classes with this job weren't my smartest moments in choosing a schedule.

Still walking on this lone eerie street, the wind suddenly picks up, nearly claiming my umbrella in the process.

"Shit..." I mutter as I clutch unto the item tighter. This is not my night.

 

 

Now three quarters of the way home, I slightly relax dismissing any idea of a stalker in my midst. It's not until the wind, even through the rain, has the most distinct sounds I've ever heard. Its force increases significantly again and for a brief moment I could have sworn I heard...wait no, I did hear it. Turning my head vigorously, I hear it again...

"Hailey..." It whispers in a sing song voice brushing past my ears. Wow, can we say delusional? I shouldn't have had that extra burrito tonight. There must be something in the beans. To think the wind was talking to me...

"Hailey...." I hear it again. Only this time, it's more defined into the sound of a human whisper. What the hell? Before I can digest the idea of me possibly going crazy, I feel arms grip my waist from behind and before I know what's happening, I'm being pulled into a dark side alley.

Overpowered by fear, I drop my umbrella, the wind and rain claiming it as it blows down the sidewalk before I beginning kicking and struggling furiously when I'm hoisted off the ground.

"Let me go! Someone help!" I scream as I'm pulled further down the alley, my heart pounding out of my chest. "Ah! Someone help me please! No! Let me go! Stop it!" I cry out in utter terror kicking and screaming as I scratch at the hands of my captor. He lets out a throaty growl in pain and drops me. I fall unto the cold, hard, wet street, fighting to catch my breath as I scramble to my feet ready to make my escape.

Unfortunately I'm not that lucky, because he grips me again, only this time by my curly locks and yanks my neck back.

"Bitch!" He hisses, but I'm too numb from fright to concentrate on the pain I feel shooting through my neck up to my head. All I can think of is I'm going to die if I don't get away.

"Please someone! Anyone, help me!" I yell again, but my cries of agony fall on death's ears. There's no sign of life and I soon realize that I may never wake up to see tomorrow.

"Shut the fuck up!" He yells as I feel a hard object being pressed into my lower back, digging me through my clothes.

My eyes grow wide with shock as my breathing becomes shallow. Is that a gun? Oh my god I'm really going to die. My assaulter shoves me forward until I'm pinned to a mucky wall as he keeps his death grip on my hair. I say a silent prayer, hoping that it will ensure my entrance through the pearly white gates before I feel him breathing on my neck. His breath is hot and smells fowl when it circulates through my nostrils. Crinkling my nose in disgust, I place my hands firmly on the wall trying to push my face off, but he pushes me forward with brute force, my cheeks grazing against the rough surface.

"Why...why are you doing this?" I cry out, but receive no response as he grinds the hard object further into my back, the pain shooting through my spine. I can feel my composure slowly crumbling until I begin to cry uncontrollably. I'm now drenched as my tears mix with the water droplets on my face from the rain.

Flipping me around, we're now face to face. I squint through my tears and wet hair covering my eyes trying to see his face but it's just too damn dark. Plus, he's wearing a hoddie over his tam. Damn it I need to find a way out of this.

"You better stop your fucking crying or I'll shoot you right here bitch." He snarls, pulling the gun into my view and placing it under my chin. I gulp down hard, on the verge of passing out from pure shock. I cease my sobs instantly as I continue to glare at him. What is he going to do to me? My mind starts wondering about all the possibilities, none of them with a happy ending.

Tracing patterns over my caramel brown face with his cold gun, he pushes his body into mine and I flinch, feeling sick to my stomach. ‘Please don't rape me or kill me' is all that's going through my mind as I heave, fighting for air.

"So pretty..." He growls in a low husky voice and suddenly I realize what's on his mind. My worst fears are coming true. "I've been watching you." He continues and I remain mute, but my mind is screaming to do something...anything before it's too late. "You take this path every night around the same time after midnight. Always alone. So vulnerable...so stupid." He hisses and he grips me under my neck tightly, partially suffocating me. Leaning forward, he licks the side of my face and I contort on the verge of throwing up.

"Please..." But my voice cracks as it's lost under his hold.

"I said shut the fuck up bitch. Now, I'm going to enjoy this and give you exactly what you want. What you deserve." He snaps. Using his hand with the gun, he dives to the waistband of his jeans and my eyes bulge out of my sockets as I start to squirm.

Without any hesitation, I begin to struggle but stop briefly when he glares at me like I'm crazy. Mustering up courage I didn't know existed, I spit in his face and the look he has is of pure insanity.

"Fucking whore!" He yells and raises his gun to hit me but as soon as he does he's ripped away from me suddenly. What the fuck?

 

 

I watch in confusion gasping for air as I see him being lifted off the ground by another individual. It's like he's as light as a feather in the person's grasp before they toss him up against the wall. He slams into it falling to the ground. My instincts are to run off full speed but for some reason I'm stuck in place, wondering who my savior is. ‘You're so stupid.' I scold myself but can't seem to move. It's almost like I'm in some trance.

I hear the man begging for his life as he looks up at the figure hovering over him. He seems to be cowering in terror like he was just given a sneak preview through the gates of hell.

Without a word, my hero picks him up again and with amazing strength, sends him sailing through the air some fifty or so feet away. Wow...

He's still looking in the direction of my captor just standing there with his back to me. Damn, this city is crawling with weirdoes.

The guy who attacked me scrambles to his feet and takes off without a second glance. Now, I'm left alone with another stranger in this dark alley. Maybe staying wasn't such a good idea. Turning to leave I sprint to the end of the alley stopping briefly as I hunch over trying to catch my breath. Standing up straight, I move forward to continue on my way but my path is instantly blocked when I bump into pure blackness. What the hell...

Stumbling back, I try to focus my vision through the pouring rain. It's then that I notice a man is standing tall, hovering over me with inquisitive eyes. Holy shit...does this nightmare never end? Glaring at him a bit afraid of what his actions might be, I notice he's wearing pure black from head to toe. His shirt, jacket, pants, shoes, watch, everything is black. As my vision travels up his lean frame I finally reach his face which seems deathly pale compared to a healthy complexion. He lacks that glow that most people have. He looks almost sick. I notice that his head is full of short, thick, brown curls completely soaked and plastered against his scalp. His deep misty blue eyes connect to my light browns as he drills a hole in me with his gaze.

I feel like I'm almost under some sort of spell as I continue to look into those beautiful eyes trapped in his stare. What's happening to me? ‘Run you idiot...run!' But I'm fixated in that same damn spot. I need to have a talk with my body. It doesn't seem to be cooperating with my brain....god I'm crazy.

I look at him curiously, trying to figure out if he's going to do or say anything when I see him smile. It's a cunning smile as his pearly whites shine under the street lamp. I swear I've never seen any individual with such white teeth before in my life. It's almost dazzling...literally.

 

"Usually..." He breaks the silence between us and I gasp at how smooth and monotone his voice is. "When someone is in trouble and they get help, they thank the person who saves them." He states, with no emotion present in his voice. "But I guess you're not most people." He adds for good measure, his eyes twitching slightly with amusement. That cocky bastard.

A bit irritated, I mumble a thanks with disdain and move away from him to continue my short journey home, but he stops me again, gripping my arm. I glare at him angry that he has the audacity to put his hands on me but who knows? He could be another psycho like the last one I just encountered.

"There's no need to be rude Hailey." His voice is low, almost in the form of a whisper and I feel like I know him somehow. But how could I? I just met this man. Besides, how can he stand there under the vehement deluges of rain like it doesn't faze him? I'm freezing and my umbrella is long gone. I just want some warm, dry clothes. I know I'm definitely going to get sick. Wait...hold up. Did he just say my name? Oh shit...

"I just want to get home and out of the rain." I whine, my entire body drenched as my curly black hair clings to my face. I jump slightly when the thunder roars and lightening flashes. I could have sworn I saw his eyes glow under the streaks of light but I'm suffering from temporary insanity right now so...

"I'll take you." He responds sternly. Still gripping my hands he yanks me forward to walk. Ok is this guy nuts? I don't want him knowing where I live.

"I already know where you live Hailey." He interrupts my thoughts, almost like he's reading my mind or something.

Yanking my arms out of his grasp, I back away about to run when I feel my legs completely shut down. What's happening to me? I stare down at my legs fighting to move them only to realize I've lost control. Am I having a breakdown or something?

"Don't run from me." His voice is still threateningly low as his statement comes out in the form of a command. My mind starts spinning as I'm fighting but I can't seem to budge. I really must be losing my mind. This is not physically possible right now.

Then, I feel him place his hands on my shoulder and I immediately fall forward as I was struggling to move moments before. He catches me before I can hit the cold concrete and I regain my balance. I feel like a weight has been lifted from my legs and I soon find myself walking with him at my side. Well...that was beyond freaky. But this whole night is fucked up so I don't say anything. I'm too flabbergasted to voice any coherent thoughts much less sentences right now.

 

****

 

It's almost like time stopped or sped up because before I can fathom what's going on, I'm standing on my doorstep sheltered from the rain...alone? Hold up...there's a piece of my memory missing as to how I got here and the strange guy. Where did he go? I look around out at the lawn but I see nothing except darkness. Shrugging and thinking maybe I dreamed all this, I pull out my house keys from my pocket as a shiver passes through my body when the wind hits me.

"So tell me...." I yelp scared shitless as I whip around at the sound of the deep low voice that interrupted my thoughts. He's so mysterious and dark with the way he just pops out of nowhere. I guess I wasn't dreaming. "Are you going to invite me in?" He asks

Holding my hand to my chest in terror I cock my head to the side when I see him standing mere inches away from me just staring completely emotionless. Alright, this has gone on long enough.

"Why the hell would I do that? I don't know you. You're some guy who's very strange might I add that I know nothing about. I don't even know your name and you want me to invite you in this late? Are you crazy? Wait don't answer that..." I shake my head pathetically unlocking my front door.

He stares at his watch and shrugs before he looks back at me. "It's only about fifteen after midnight."

I turn to watch him incredulously. "Are you kidding me? And your point? That's quite late. In fact, it should be almost one by now. It takes me like twenty five minutes to get home and I was interrupted on my way or did you forget?" I snap.

"Fine...check your watch." He insists still staring at me. His glare is unnerving and it has me on edge. Snatching my wet cell phone from my other pocket I glare at the time and he's right. It's only about fifteen minutes after midnight. How is this even possible? Did time really stop? Damn...I don't even want to know. The weirdness just keeps escalating.

"Ok...well if you'll excuse me now." I open my front door and move to enter eager to lock him out when he speaks again.

"It's Justin." He says blankly.

"Excuse me?" I really shouldn't be entertaining this any further but each time I try to get away from him, something involuntary pulls me back in. It's like I have no control over my own actions.

"My name." He says nonchalantly, still standing on my porch with his hands in his pockets. I keep observing him when something catches my attention. Wasn't he standing with me under the pouring rain? How is it possible that he looks almost dry already?

"Hey, weren't you..." But I shrug it off and begin to enter my house when he opts to speak yet again.

I'll kill him. I promise I will because he's getting on my last nerve.

"So aren't you going to invite me in?"

Haven't we been through this? I flip around ready to yell no and cuss him out, but something takes over my body and my thoughts are intervened as I find the word ‘Yes' roll off my tongue and out my lips.

 

****

 

Still in a daze, I move to the side and he smiles warmly at me before he enters my humble abode. Following him further inside, a gush of wind slams the door shut snapping me out of my trance. Glaring at him I place my hands on my hip in attitude and I notice him surveying the surroundings. "You have some nerve..." I belt, but somehow I don't feel threatened by him at all. Actually I feel kind of drawn to him but then again he is handsome.

Turning around to face me he smirks half-heartedly before taking a seat on my plush couch. "Hey, you invited me in remember?" The glare he shoots in my direction is icy cold.

"Uh well..." I stutter a bit perplexed at what's really going on. "Momentary lapse of judgment..." I trail off when he stands and approaches me.

"I'll say." Justin snickers much to my distaste. "So, Hailey Foxworth...I've been searching for you for a long time." His gaze is fierce and penetrating.

When he says my last name I realize that maybe he's more of a stalker than my previous kidnapper. Nervousness quickly engulfs my body and I try to move away from him, but he lessens the distance between us instantly as he continues to stare. I'm also beginning to dislike this staring contest we have going on.

Huffing a bit, I glare at him in an odious manner. I just want him to leave. This night needs to end and soon. "How do you know me?" I inquire my curiosity at an all time high.

"I've known you since the day you were born. I've just been trying to find you ever since." He admits, his gaze softening a bit. He lifts his hands to my moist cheek, his cold touch sending shock waves through my system.

Please, did he think I was born yesterday? He looks no older than 24, 25 years maybe and I'm 22, so who is he kidding here?

"Nice try, but I think you should leave." I move away from his temperate touch but he shakes his head in denial.

"No. You invited me in so I'm not leaving." Justin adds and it's now I begin to panic.

"W-what...oh god." I shut my eye tightly willing away any surfaced tears as I turn away. I'm doomed...I just know it.

Turing me around, his eyes are pleading with me...begging me to let him stay. "Hailey please don't be afraid of me. I won't hurt you...I promise." There's an equivocal calming nature to his tone of voice but I don't buy it for a minute.

"Just leave me alone." I sigh in defeat. "If you're going to kill me or something make it quick and painless." I mutter, knowing that there's no way of getting rid of him.

Chortling at my last remark, he slicks his hands through my damp hair. "Hailey do you really think I'll hurt you? If that was really my intention I would have killed you by now." He chuckles at my supposed ‘stupidity'

"Then what do you want from me?" I interject.

"Let me ask you this." He grips my hands tightly in his as my brows furrow in confusion. "Do you believe in soul mates? That two people are destined to be together and no boundaries or limits like time, life or death can keep them apart?" He enquires with hopeful eyes.

Ok, so maybe this guy is a complete loony tune or a hopeless romantic. I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt and say he's a romantic. "I guess." I stammer still nervous as hell.

"Alright, and how about the supernatural? How much belief do you have that supernatural beings are real?" He's laced with seriousness as he asks me this. Well so much for being romantic...we've now stepped into the twilight zone. Why do I feel like this will turn into some ‘tales from the creep'?

"What do you mean like..." But he cuts me off.

"Like warlocks, witches, wizards, werewolves, demons..." he pauses for an eternity, contemplating on his next words. "....vampires?" He adds in finally.

"You're kidding right?" I laugh in his face as a fit of giggles take over. When I finally calm down, I notice he's still standing, still staring as he narrows his eyes at me.

"It's not funny." He hisses. "They exist. You just don't know it because they lurk in the shadows of the night." He blurts out, causing me to snort with laughter again. Oh man, this guy is a riot.

"Yeah and I supposed you're one of them right?" I joke, hunching over and clutching my stomach. I don't care that he's dead serious. He needs to be locked up in a psych ward. "Oh man that was a good laugh. So let me guess...you're a...." I use my index finger and tap the tip of my nose in thought. "You can't be a demon, you're too cute for that. I won't peg you as a werewolf...too dark and mysterious. Oh I know...you're a vampire right?" I giggle still amused by the situation.

Groaning he passes his hands over his curly locks in frustration. "Actually...as a matter of fact I am." He admits, still a bit irritated by me.

"Right..." I reply turning to head into the kitchen for something to drink. On my way in I throw off my soaked jacket tossing it on the dining table haphazardly. "Since you refuse to leave...do you want anything to drink?" I stop abruptly when I see a hint of black mist pass by me and in the blink of an eye, he's standing right in front of me blocking my entrance into the refrigerator.

"I don't even want to know how you did that." I'm numb right now to the oddness surrounding me. I feel a state of euphoria takes over and I just don't care anymore.

"I just told you I'm a vampire. You're kind of slow for a med student."

I'm not fascinated that he's studied my life history or something. "Could you move please? I'm thirsty."

"What's it going to take to convince you? I don't want to hypnotize you. I want you to be aware of what's going on. You're mine Hailey. I came for you. I've been walking this earth for centuries...alone. It's time I had someone by my side." Justin professes, his voice pained. That's the craziest thing I've ever heard but who really gives a damn? It slips into one ear and out the other.

"Yada, yada...yada...please move." I yawn slightly bored by this man's antics. He needs to leave like seriously.

When he let's out a deep booming growl I'm taken aback and stumble away from him a bit. "What is it going to take for you to believe me? You need to stop this shit! If I don't turn you by sunrise, you're lost to me forever and I can't allow that to happen. I've been waiting far too long." He yells, causing me to jump as his voice echoes through the silent, dark house. Wait did he say turn me? What the fuck is that supposed to mean anyway.

"Would you just leave....Justin!" I snap back.

"Aren't you the least bit curious as to why you're not afraid of me? Or why even though you must be insane to have a stranger in your house at this time of night, you're drawn to me? Huh? Hailey?" He has a maniacal glimmer in his eyes and suddenly, I don't see blue anymore...wait where did his misty blue eyes disappear? Moving forward to examine him closer, what was once a pair of normal eyes are now completely black. There's no blue, or white for that matter. Just pitch black. It's like I'm staring into a hole though his skull.

"Oh my god." I whisper too shocked to even move. It wouldn't help if I ran anyway.

"Is that proof enough for you? Or how about these?" He snarls, as he tilts his head back, groaning when I notice two long fangs descend from either side of his jaw. Woo...if that's a trick, bravo to him. He could definitely give Criss Angel some competition as an illusionist.

"Uh how did you..." Ok, I'm speechless and I'm starting to believe this little vampire theory. But how could they be real? Where have I been? I thought those things were only myths. "How can you be a...a vampire?" I shudder at the thought of even considering this, but what other explanation is there? Suddenly it hits me....there's a vampire standing mere inches away from me. Wait, what do they consume? Blood...human blood?

Oh hell...

Flipping around on my heel I turn to run but he grips my waist before I can sprint off hoisting me over his shoulder effortlessly.

 

 

"Put me down you freak!" I belt from terror and anger.

"I need to change you. I can only push back time so far." He interrupts as he climbs the steps by twos.

"Change me into what?" I ask incredulously already knowing the answer.

"What do you think? Would you stop wobbling so much? Stop making this more difficult than it really is. I promise it won't hurt...much." He chuckles when I gasp, my fists pounding harshly against his back.

"Ah....someone help!" I scream which causes him to laugh harder.

"They can't hear you." Justin voices when we reach upstairs. He's now ambling down the hallway blowing doors open as he walks by.

"Yes they can...someone help! There's a maniac in my house!" I cry out again before he enters a guest bedroom and tosses me unto the bed.

"Hailey they can't hear you...you're no longer in your reality." He reasons.

"What?" I ask dumfounded.

"I paused time ok? Everything is at a stand still. You do know what that is right?" He asks.

"Look...Justin...."

"Just stop it. Come here." He pulls me up to look at him. "Listen to me. You can't fight fate. Besides I love you." He coos, caressing my shoulders with his icy touch.

"Ugh! Just stop with this already. You're crazy!" I yell.

"No! You're in denial. Try to comprehend what I'm telling you. I Justin Timberlake am in love with you Hailey Foxworth born May 28th 1985. Try to understand that you were mine even before you were born. I can't explain this to you now...but I promise if you trust me it will make sense in due time." He explains throwing me for a loop.

"Why me?" I whine as tears begin to surface.

"Because it's our destiny." He admits sadly. "I didn't ask to be a vampire Hailey. I didn't. I was turned against my will by an evil temptress called Vampira."

"Vam what?" I'm confused.

"Please let me turn you. You may not realize this and it will seem confusing to you, but since I've stepped into your reality time is speeding up significantly as we speak. It's almost daylight in your universe but I've stopped time in mines." He divulges.

None of this makes sense and my head is spinning. "So, I'm in your alternate reality?" I glace at the clock hanging on my wall and it reads 12.15 am. Yeah, time is definitely standing still.

Letting out a sigh of relief, Justin nods, glad that I've finally understood. But I don't understand...fully.

"Ok Justin, so uh...when I turn, is there something special about all this?" I ask curiously.

"Yes...but you'll know once you've fully evolved. I can't tell you before. It's not anything big. Just please trust me." He begs, his eyes suddenly turning back to normal. Thank god those misty blues are back. The inhuman side of him was starting to freak me out...

"So um, how do we do this?" Knowing I have no other option in the matter, I silently say goodbye to my old life completely surrendering myself to his will. No time for regrets or second thoughts. I don't understand what's happening and maybe this is all a dream but I trust him. I know it sounds fucked up but I really do...oddly enough.

"Well, I bite you." He states blankly.

"Uh...ok. I know that much. Just so you know...I think I'm just having a bad dream and well, this is kind of weird but I don't have a choice do I? This is goodbye to my old life?" He shakes his head in response eyeing me intently. "Fine...Go ahead." I shut my eyes tightly, and bend my head to the side exposing the flesh of my neck.

I hear him let out a light whimper and take in a sharp breathe before I feel myself moving forward. Suddenly I'm in his embrace, his cold arms wrapped snuggly around my waist as his soft cool lips attack my neck hungrily.

"Oh man..." I moan when he begins licking, sucking and nibbling on the hot flesh of my neck.

"Your blood smells so good....so sweet." He lets out a throaty groan, completely engrossed in his senses as I continue to hear him take in deep breaths. My eyes remain shut too terrified to look at him. Somehow, I don't think he looks human right now.

Pulling back he stops abruptly "Hailey open your eyes." He demands and I obey. When I lock eyes with him they're pitch black again. His fangs are sticking out as he smiles and his skin has a pale yellowish glow. He kind of makes a gorgeous creature of the darkness but I'm too scared to think of that right now.

"Hail trust me. I'll be gentle and before you know it this will all be over, then I can explain to you what's going on." He admits sweetly.

"O-ok" I mumble, my hormones on overdrive. My body insists on betraying me in the worst possible way today. But I can't help the burning sensation between my legs. Is it wrong to want to have sex with a vampire? Do they even have sex? I don't know.

Chuckling Justin keeps glaring at me partly amused. "If I fuck you...you'll die." He says bluntly.

Wow...how did he know I was...I immediately turn a bright shade of red and bow my head in embarrassment.

"Hey..." He lifts my chin to look into his ‘black holes' "If I sleep with you and you're still a mortal you'll die. I need to change you first for that to happen." He has a solemn expression on his face. "I sort of got the vibe of what you're thinking and feeling. We're kind of connected like that. Besides it's written all over your face." He chortles. "But don't feel ashamed. It's only natural that our physical and sexual attraction is strong. You are my other half after all." He reasons, setting me partly at ease. All I can think of is why me... "I'll be quick to change you and let you get some rest then I'll return tomorrow ok? You'll be able to walk through sunlight for a few days before you transform completely." He admits.

"O-Ok..." I'm really at a lost for words right now.

"Alright...you ready?" He asks huskily.

"Yeah."

"And Hailey....remember that I love you. I have for centuries but you'll understand everything once you're fully mine." He adds before he leans forward and our lips connect to each other. I feel every hair on my body stand on edge as his cold pink lips caress my warm caramel lips. Completely zoned out by the intensity of the kiss I drift off, lost in the depths of utter bliss and rapture...

 

Kiss me tonight without saying anything
kiss me until the blood sprouts
kiss me with rage, it is my farewell
tomorrow I emigrate without knowing where!

 

Time stands still. There you are,
Holding me, Kissing me, Loving me.
That kiss, the most significant moment
of my life, a fleeting second in time
that changed my life forever.
My skin shivers at your touch.
Then, as you lean down to gently
kiss my lips again, the alarm awakens me.

Your kiss, so sweet, so tender.
Your kiss that makes my heart swell.
Your kiss that drives me into unknown passion.
Your kiss that makes my stomach flutter.
Your kiss that makes me know I'm loved by you.
Your kiss that is unhesitant to be bestowed upon me.
Your kiss that sends me into a poetic bliss...

 

Finally pulling away from me, our breathing is shallow and that had to be the most amazing, most mind blowing kiss I've ever experienced in my life. He's now tracing patterns down my neck, and I moan slightly wanting so bad to feel him inside me but that can't happen. At lease not yet anyway....

Before I'm aware of what's going on, I feel his sharp fangs pierce through my skin digging deep into my veins. I cry out in pain as he draws blood out of me. The suction is unbelievable as he holds unto my waist, absorbing my energy and life force. I grip his arms tightly, when I begin to feel dizzy from losing too much blood. I cry for him to stop, but he doesn't let go, completely entranced by the taste of my blood. I can hear him moaning, sucking the little bit of life I have left. I quickly become weak and drowsy, allowing my hand to fall limp as I feel my life slipping away. Oh god, what have I done? It's not long before total blackness takes over and I'm knocked out completely....

 

Justin pulled away from Hailey staring at her intently as he caught her lifeless form in his arms. She looked so peaceful to him, almost in a deep slumber but he knew she was almost dead. Slitting his wrist with his fangs, he watched as the blood seeped out of his veins rapidly. Placing his wrist to her lips, she instantly griped his arm and began drinking the red, sticky liquid. Justin eased his erratic breathing as he watched the woman he loved feed off him. He was content that it was finally done and she was now free to be with him....

 

*****

Stretching my limbs, I wince at the sunlight peeking through my blinds. My head is pounding and I really hate that I feel almost like I have a hangover. Suddenly, the night's events shoot through my mind and I seat up with a start surveying my surroundings. Everything looks the same. I glace around wondering just what happened to me last night. I had the weirdest dream that felt almost real. But obviously it wasn't because I'm lying here peacefully in my bed in my nightgown.

Giggling, I seat up and head into the bathroom, yawning on my way in. Rubbing at my eyes to clear my distorted vision, I turn on the tap dashing some warm water on my face. Glaring at my reflection in the mirror, I do a double take when I notice two dark marks on the left side of my neck. Touching it lightly, I flinch at the pain realizing the bruises are sore. What the hell? Did some bug bite me in my sleep? I can't seem to remember much of last night but when I glare at the digital clock in my bathroom I scramble to discard my clothes and hop into the shower when I realize I'm going to be late for class. It's 7.10 and I have a morning class at 8. Just great...

After showering and dressing I return to my bathroom mirror to comb out my unruly hair and brush my teeth. While staring at my reflection for the second time, I notice there're no spots or marks on my neck anymore.

"What the..." I touch the place where I saw them earlier only to find and feel nothing. How weird. Shrugging it off, I divert my attention to the time again quickly finishing up in the bathroom before I grab my book bag and other belongings then head out the door in record speed.

 

****

 

Now sitting in lecture room 103 of UCLA, I wait patiently for the professor to enter for my first afternoon class of the day. My morning was normal, nothing special. In fact it was quite boring. Just like my simple life, I look forward to my science classes because they always drew my interest and spiced up my life a bit. Yeah I'm sad I know but I can't help it.

Glancing around the packed room, there're students of all ages and ethnical backgrounds chatting and enjoying themselves awaiting the beginning of what I hope to be an innovative lecture.

A smile graces my feature when my lab partner says hi and seats right behind me next to his friends. He's about 6'0 with blonde spiky hair, dark green eyes and a perfect tan. Though he's drop dead gorgeous, the guy is a complete goofball always cracking jokes at the professor's expense. He's here on a basketball scholarship so it's no wonder...

Leaning forward with his arms draped over my chair he decides to converse by whispering in my ear...

"Hey sexy...we meeting for the project after class?" he asks and I nod in response.

"Yeah Mark, just meet me in the library when this class is done." I respond keeping my eyes front when I notice the doors to the room open and in walks our lecturer, Professor Bertrand.

A hush falls over the room and everyone directs their attention to him as he walks over to his desk dropping his briefcase.

"Good day class. I hope everyone did their reading assignments for our discussion today. Which reminds me we have a new student who signed up a little late for the course joining us today." He adds before I notice another person walk through the door.

Everyone is now directed to the new student and I hear a few girls giggling and snickering amongst themselves. Shaking my head I divert my gaze to the individual only to find him staring directly at me with amazing dark sky blue eyes.

"This is Justin Timberlake everyone, he's a transfer student. Justin take a free seat and let's get on with the class. I'll group you with a partner when the lecture is over." I vaguely hear professor Bertrand because I'm entranced by this guy's gaze. It's unnerving and I feel a strong connection to him, almost like I know him from somewhere. He's dressed all in black and I'm wondering if he doesn't feel the heat. The sun is scorching outside since we're in the middle of summer.

Still keeping the eye lock, he comes up to my row where I'm seating.

"This seat taken?" he drawls, his voice low and smooth. It sends shivers through my entire body.

"No..no." I stutter like a fool. You'd swear say I was love-struck or something. It's ridiculous.

Smiling sweetly at me with amazingly white teeth, he seats down and introduces himself before he diverts his gaze to the front of the room when the lights dim and Bertrand beings his slideshow presentation.

"Hey what's the time by the way?" He leans to the side to whisper at me and suddenly my mind starts reeling with abstract thoughts and memories of last night....odd.

Snapping out of my daze I look at my watch and read out the time to him. "It's about noon." I reply, still wondering why he looks so familiar.

"Ok, only twelve more hours to go Hailey..." He whispers yet again and I turn to face him a bit stunned. He doesn't look at me. Instead he smirks and pushes back in his seat making himself comfortable in his chair

"Twelve more hours for what?" I ask curiously.

Finally turning to face me, he grins slyly and I see a flash of black glimmer in his eyes before he licks his lips sensually and responds, "You'll find out in due time..."

* The End of Part 1 *

____________________________________

Poem: Kiss me, Your Kiss, That Kiss

Authors: Unknown

____________________________________

 

End Notes:
That's the end of Part 1. Hope you all liked it. Feedback is always welcomed.
This story archived at http://nsync-fiction.com/archive/viewstory.php?sid=290