Far Away by PrettyNPink
Summary:

Have you ever broke something and tried to fix it but couldn't?


Categories: In Progress Het Stories Characters: Justin Timberlake
Awards: None
Genres: Drama, Romance
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 4 Completed: No Word count: 5763 Read: 5981 Published: Jul 16, 2007 Updated: Sep 09, 2007

1. Prologue by PrettyNPink

2. Chapter 1 by PrettyNPink

3. Chapter 2 by PrettyNPink

4. Chapter 3 by PrettyNPink

Prologue by PrettyNPink
Author's Notes:

All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author.  The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise.  No copyright infringement is intended.

This story is kinda based on "Far Away" by Nickelback.  Feedback is appreciated. Thanks for reading. :)

 

This time, This place
Misused, Mistakes
Too long, Too late
Who was I to make you wait
Just one chance
Just one breath
Just in case there's just one left
'Cause you know,
you know, you know

That I love you
I have loved you all along
And I miss you
Been far away for far too long
I keep dreaming you'll be with me
and you'll never go
Stop breathing if
I don't see you anymore
  

“How did we let it get like this?”

 

“I don’t know.”

 

“What’s wrong with us?”

 

“I don’t know.”  I said. She sighed and looked at me helplessly.  I feel guilt running through my veins.  I honestly didn’t know.  I knew it was mostly my fault that we were in this situation and I didn’t know how to fix it.

 

“You don’t know.” she stated.  “That’s all you have? I don’t know?”

 

“I’m sorry K.”

 

“You’re always fucking sorry.  I’m FUCKING sick of FUCKING sorry!” 

 

I didn’t respond.  She was right.  I was always saying it – all the damn time. I guess sorry loses its novelty after hearing it time and time again.

 

“I tried Justin. Like…for real.” She said as she fought tears back.  She never cried for anyone or anything.  I felt even worse for making her cry.  “I fought to make this shit work but…”

 

“But what?”  I knew what was coming.  I didn’t want to hear it.  She had been my everything for the past two years.  She kept me grounded. She was my breath of fresh air in this crazy ass world.  She always said she was my “ride or die chick.” And I fucked it all up. I’m an idiot…an asshole even.

 

“I can’t fight anymore.  I’m too tired.  I’m not gonna try anymore.” Her words resonated through my body and hit me at the core.  She never gave up on anything.  I fucked up so many times and yet she still took my sorry ass back.  She was throwing in the towel.

 

“I love you K.” I don’t even know why I said that.  It just felt right. Maybe deep down I hoped that would make her change her mind.

 

“I love you too.” She said. 

 

I knew this was it.  We held each other for a while.  I heard her sniffle and felt my heart break.  I wanted to fight for her to stay.  We pulled away and looked at each other.  I wiped the lone tear on her cheek away. 

 

“Bye.”  And with that she was gone.

Chapter 1 by PrettyNPink
Author's Notes:
It took me a while to figure out how I wanted to write this.  Let me know what you think. :)

Yes folks.  What you have just witnessed was me, Justin Timberlake, the man, the myth, the legend, getting dumped by my girlfriend. Well…ex-girlfriend now.

 

Damn.

 

We’ve broken up so many times.  This time, I don’t think she’s coming back.  I don’t even know what I could do this time to get her back.  She was the only girl I actually loved.  I cared about the other girls I’ve dated but nothing like what I felt with her.  My family loved her, my friends loved her, I loved her, and yet I still couldn’t hold on to her because I was too stupid.

 

I may seem like the perfect guy on TV but I’m far from that.  The media is a crazy thing ya know?  I got the world thinking I’m this amazing guy who would be the perfect boyfriend when in actuality, I’m an asshole.  I said stupid shit to her, I did stupid shit, and quite frankly, I’m amazed she stuck by me for so long.  She always called me out on my stupid shit even if I wasn’t trying to hear it.  That’s how I knew she loved me.  I think that’s why my mom loved her too.  She made her job easier. 

 

And all that “I don’t cheat” stuff? Bullshit.  Y’all believed me when I said it too didn’t you?

 

Ha. I’m one convincing motherfucker.  I should teach a class on it and call it “Bullshitting 101”

 

I cheat. 

 

I cheated like it was going out of style.  I did it when I was on tour and even sometimes when I came home.  I don’t know why I did it.  I just did just for the hell of it. 

 

I never did it to her though…except for that one time.  Yup.  One time.  One stupid time that wasn’t even worth it.  She found out and here I am.  Alone.

 

I fucked up the one good thing I had in my life. 

 

So now you’re probably asking yourself why the hell did she stay with your ass for two years if you’re such a douche?

 

Well. Let me start from the beginning.

 

She was different than any of the other girls I’ve approached.  Most girls were putty in my hands as soon as I said anything.  I spotted her in this restaurant in New York that I was at with a couple of my friends.  I can’t even remember what I was in New York for.  It was probably for some recording or something.  But anyway, as soon as she walked in she had my attention.  Partially because her friends screamed her name when she came in. 

 

 “LILS!!!!” 

 

She nodded and smiled at them…like they were her adoring fans. She was beautiful.  I still remember what she wore.  She had on this black short sleeved shirt that was like turtle neck but not as lame and these jeans.  Damn I loved those jeans.  She had on skinny jeans that fit perfectly.  Like the jeans were made just for her.  Her shoes were hot too. And her hair was pulled back into a ponytail.

 

The whole time she was in the restaurant I kept stealing looks at her trying to observe her to see if she was approachable.  My boys actually caught me a couple times.

 

“What the hell are you looking at?” Trace said.  That’s my best friend.  But of course you knew that.

 

“That girl over there with the black shirt.” I swear once I said girl, everyone at the table turned to look.

 

Then Dre said. “I approve.  Go for it.” I figured he saw her when she came in like I did.  I planned on walking over to her table when we were on our way out but she ended up walking past our table to go to the bathroom.  She looked even better up close.

 

She didn’t even look at me twice.  I was thinking either she didn’t see me or she did see me and didn’t give a damn. 

 

I waited for her to come out the bathroom before saying something to her…and plus I wanted to get a good look at her ass.  She walked past the table and I stopped her by grabbing her hand. She turned, looked at her hand, and then looked at me like she was gonna slap me in my face.  I never admitted it to her but she was intimidating as fuck when she did that. 

 

“So you like my hand.” She stated.

 

“It’s nice.” I said to her.

“Why are you holding my hand?”  “I wanted to talk to you.” 

“Whatever happened to saying excuse me?” She gave me a run for my money.  She didn’t make it easy at all.  By this time, everyone at the table was snickering.

 

“I wanted to make sure you’d stop.” I said flashing a smile.

 

She didn’t buy that at all. She looked at me with narrowed eyes. “So you decide to hold my hand instead of being normal and saying excuse me?”

 

“I’m sorry. Excuse me miss. My name is Justin.  May I have a minute of your time?” She smirked at me.  She was amused but I could tell I probably had literally a minute of her time.

 

“You have one minute.” She said looking at her watch.

“Damn. Okay. Well what’s your name, where are you from, and can I get your phone number.”  

“My name is Khalila, I’m from New York, and No.” She shot me down in front of everyone.

“Why not?” 

“Because I don’t give out my phone number to strange men who hold my hand like they know me.  I’ll take yours though.”  

I told you earlier that she was different.  Most chicks had their number written down for me before I even asked.

“What if I said I didn’t give out my number?” 

“Then I’d say if you wanted to talk to me, you’re shit outta luck because you’re not getting mine.” 

I gave her my number. I figured if she was crazy, I’d just change my number.  It was so weird for me to give my number to a chick.  I felt like she was running game on me.

“Well Justin,” She said. “It was nice meeting you but I must return to my table.” 

“You too Khalila.” 

She walked away slowly.  It was like she knew I wanted to see what she was working with back there.  I told y’all I loved those jeans.  She had a whole LOTTA ass.  The kind of ass you could sit a cup of water on.

 

When she went to my table she didn’t even look over at me once.  Or if she did, I didn’t catch her.  When we left, I arranged with the waiter to pay for their food in hopes that she would remember to give me a call.  I even left her note that said “Call me.” Yeah it was kinda lame but I wanted her to call me.

 

When we got to the car Trace asked me “You ready for that J?”    

 

“Yup.” I said licking my lips.

 

“She looks like she’d cut your ass if you did something stupid.” Rob said laughing.

 

It was true though.  I knew if I was gonna pursue this chick, I couldn’t mess up.  I was really taken by her though.  She didn’t call me that night…or the next day or the day after that.

 

It bugged me.

 

I’m so used to getting what I want that it really bothered me when she didn’t call me right away.  It took her like two weeks to call me.  By that time, I was already back in L.A. I still remember our conversation.  I was taking a nap when I heard my phone ring.  I looked at the caller ID and saw I number I didn’t recognize. 

 

“Hello?” I said groggily.

“Ugh. You sound nasty.”  

“Who is this?” 

“You mean you don’t recognize my voice?  Maybe I should’ve sent you a picture of my hand since you liked it so much.” It was her.

“Khalila.” 

“Justin.” She responded.

“Thanks for paying for our food. That was nice of you.”  

“You’re welcome.  I was hoping you would’ve called me that night.” 

“I know.  That’s why I didn’t call you. I don’t usually do what people expect.” She had a knack for making things more difficult than they had to be.

“Oh. Well…how are you?” 

“Just dandy.” 

“That’s good.” 

“You?” 

“I’m good.” 

“That's nice.” She said.  Awkward silence on the phone always pissed me off.

 

 “Do you wanna go out sometime?” I was better at talking to people in person. 

“Yeah we could do that. When do you want to go?” 

“Well I’m in L.A. now but I’ll be back in New York next week so I can call you then to arrange something.” 

“Okay.” She didn’t believe me.

“You don’t believe me.” 

“I didn’t say that.” But she thought it.  I knew she did.

“Alright.  So next week it is then?” 

“Yup.” 

“Okay well I’ll talk to you later Sweetheart.”

“My name is Khalila.” She was such a hard ass.

I laughed.  “I mean Khalila.” 

“That’s better. Bye Justin.” 

“Bye.” 

That next week was the beginning of the saga that is or was Justin and Khalila.

Chapter 2 by PrettyNPink

As soon as I got to my hotel room I called her.  Sure I could’ve waited but I had been thinking about her for that entire week. 

“Hello?” 

“Hey Khalila.” 

Justin.” She sounded surprised that I called. “You actually called.” 

“I told you I would baby girl.” 

“Khalila, Justin. My name is Khalila.” I told you she was a hard ass.  She never accepted any of my pet names.  Well until…I tell you about that later.

 “Right right. I’m sorry Khalila. So about our date.  How does tonight sound?” 

“I think I can pencil you in. What time?” 

Is 9 o’clock good for you?” 

Yeah.  So where do you want me to meet you?” 

“I’ll come get you.” 

“I don’t want you knowing where I live.” 

“What kind of date would I be if I didn’t pick you up?” 

“Uhhhhh….” She couldn’t argue with me. 

I laughed at her.  “Just give me your address and I’ll come get you for our date.” 

“Fine.” She gave me her address. The whole time I was thinking about how I was gonna have to step my game up on this date.

 

“Got it.  See ya tonight. I’ll call you before I leave.”

“Okay.” 

“Bye.” 

I knew that I wasn’t gonna get a chance to fuck her on the first date.  So I did what any other man in my position would do.

 

No not that.

 

I called up one of my side chicks.  I had a couple of them in New York who would stop by anytime I called.  I know you’re thinking that I’m an asshole.  I told you.

 

I called Michelle.  Michelle was cool.  She didn’t fall in love with me after I hit the first time. She was just down for whatever…and plus she was hot.  After I called her she was at my hotel in like a half hour.

 

“What’s going on babe?” she asked.  I didn’t really wanna talk.  I just wanted to fuck.

 

“Just chillin.” I said reaching for the hem of her skirt.  She never wore underwear when she came to see me.  I brought my fingers to her clit and started rubbing it.

 

“How have you been? I haven’t seen you in a while.” She was talking entirely too much.

 

“Great. Juuussstt great.” I began to suck on her neck while pushing her skirt up. I started rubbing the shit out of her clit hoping that she wouldn’t talk anymore.  When I heard her moan I thought that would’ve been it.

 

“So… do you… have a –” Then I stuck two fingers inside of her.  That made her shut up.  She began to moan like crazy. I could feel her getting ready to cum all over my fingers.  She started grabbing at the pillows on the couch.  I knew she was close but I didn’t wanna give it all to her yet.  

 

I stopped.

 

“JUSTIN! WHAT THE FUCK?!” She yelled. I loved making them beg for more.  I went to my wallet to get a condom.  When I came back I saw her in the same position.

 

“You can’t leave me hanging like that.” She said practically ripping my clothes off.

 

“Did you miss me?” I said ripping open the wrapper.

 

“Yes Damnit.” She took the condom from my hands, got me naked, and put it on my shit in one swift motion. She was good.

 

“Shit.” I said laughing. “You weren’t playing.”

 

“Uh huh.” 

“Turn around.” She gladly obliged. Doggy style has to be one of my all time favorite positions.  I like to see some movement.  I just admired the view for a minute. 

“Ummm hello?” She said snapping me out of my trance.

 

I didn’t bother wasting any more time.  I stuck my dick in and fucked the shit out of her.

 

“Oooooooo shhhiiiiiiiiiiittttt!!” She screamed.  She was right about to release.  Her back arched as she grabbed the covers. 

 

“Oh my…I….I’m about to...” she panted. I started pumping faster as I felt myself getting ready to cum.  I was so close.  I could feel her walls squeezing the life out of my dick. 

 

“FUCK!” I finally was able to let it go.  I came right after she did.  I never really did anything romantic with her because…well…she was just my side chick.  I save that for my actual girlfriends. 

 

“So what are you doing tonight Chelle?” I asked as she put her clothes back on.

 

“I’m probably gonna chill with my mom for a bit and then go to bed.  I gotta be at work early tomorrow.”

 

 “Okay then.” I said as I got up to give her a hug. “I’ll see you around.”

 “Alright. Take care of yourself okay?” 

“Sure thing.” And she left. 

 

By that time I had about a couple hours until my date with her.  I didn’t really know where to take her.  I figured I’d take her someplace nice but not too extravagant.  I could tell that wasn’t really her style.  I made reservations, went in the shower, and took a nap.  I woke up at around 8:00.  I had almost forgot I said I was gonna get pick her up.  I gave her a call.

 

“Yes?” 

“Is that how you always answer the phone?” 

“Only when I know who it is.” 

“You ready for tonight?” 

“Uhhh…yeah. I just gotta put my clothes on but that shouldn’t take too long.” I paused.  I knew she wasn’t trying to tease me when she said that but my mind just went straight to the gutter when she said it.  I wanted to ask her if she was naked right then.  She probably was.  Either that or she had a towel wrapped around her.  She always waited until the last minute to put on her clothes.

 

 “Okay.  I’m gonna leave the hotel in about 15 minutes.” 

“Alright.” 

“See you in a few Sweet – I mean Khalila.” I caught myself that time.

 

“Ahhh…you’re learning.  Bye Justin.” 

“Bye.” 

I threw on some slacks and a nice shirt and called my driver.  You didn’t think that I actually drove around New York by myself did you?  He got to the hotel in like 5 minutes.  I told him the address to her house.  We got there at like 8:45.  I got out to ring her doorbell.

 

“Hey.” 

“Hey. Lemme just get my keys.” She turned to go get her keys.  She had on those tights things, long shirt, and some heels.  God bless who ever created them things. 

“Okay let’s go.” I let her walk ahead of me and opened to car door for her. I smirked a little. “Nice outfit.”

She looked at me like she knew what I was thinking.  She probably did because she rolled her eyes at me and said “Thanks.” 

We got to the restaurant a little after 9:00.  When we got there, we were ushered right to our table and given our menus.

 

“Hello. My name is Scott and I’ll be your waiter for the evening.  I’ll give you some time to look at your menus.  Can I get you anything to drink?” 

Water is fine for me.” She said. 

“Yeah I’ll take water too.” 

“Alright Justin. Let’s shoot the shit.” 

“Uh…alright.” 

“So why exactly did you decide to take me out?” She never did beat around the bush.

 

“I like you.” 

You like me? You don’t know enough about me to like me.”  

“Well I know you like me because you wouldn’t have called me if you didn’t.  You don’t seem like the type to do that. And you hate it when I call you anything besides Khalila.” 

“And that’s enough info for you to like me?” 

Yup.” She nodded.

“Fair enough.” The waiter returned with our drinks.  

“Are you two ready to order?” 

“I am.  I’ll take Chicken Parmesean I guess.” 

“Shrimp Alfredo works for me.” She said as she handed the waiter the menu. 

“So Khalila.  Tell me something about yourself.”

“There’s a lot of things about me. What do you wanna know?” 

“Ummm…like your last name, where you work maybe, what you like to do…shit like that.” 

“Okay.  Well my last name is Pétion. People rarely call me Khalila.  It’s either K, K-Lils, Lils, or KP.” 

“HEY! So why do I have to call you Khalila?” 

“Because I said so. Anyway, I work at Hoffman & Lebowitz as a Project Assistant and for fun? I like to do a lot of things.” She said as she sipped her drink.

 

I knew virtually nothing about her at this point but it made me want her even more and not just for fucking.  Sure I wanted to fuck her but she was intriguing.  I wanted to know what made her tick.  I rarely say that about any chick.  That was when I knew I could see myself making her my girl.

“Would you like to know anything about me?” 

“Your name is Justin Timberlake and you sing.  What else is there to know?” 

“So much more baby.  So much more.”

“What did I tell you about –” The waiter interrupted before she had a chance to correct me. Ha.

“Here’s your food.  Is there anything else I can get for you?” 

“No thank you.” I said smiling.  She narrowed her eyes at me.  I knew she wanted to correct me so bad.  I smiled harder. Then she kicked the hell outta my leg.

 

“OW! If you wanted to play footsies all you had to do was say the word.” 

“Oh shut up.” She said slightly cracking a smile. 

Dinner turned out to be quite the experience.  I still didn’t quite get a grasp on who she was but it was okay.  I sort of liked that.  A girl who didn’t lay all her cards out at once.

 

“So what do you wanna do now?” I asked her. 

 “I dunno.  Go home?” 

Awww you suck.” 

“I didn’t say alone.” My eyes widened.  That was the LAST thing I’d expect her to say.  I just sat there probably looking stupid. “Don’t look so shocked.  You know wanna see the inside of my place. Let’s go.” 

She didn’t have to tell me twice.  I left the money on the table and called the driver who was there in less than a minute.  Luckily, she didn’t live too far from the restaurant. 

 

“Do you have to be somewhere tomorrow?” She asked.

“Not until the afternoon.” 

“Okay.” She said walking up the stairs to her apartment.  I sent my driver away and caught up to her.

 

“This is where I live.” I looked around the living room.  It was really nice. Very put together.  Neutral colors and shit. Kind of what I expected from her.

“It’s nice.” 

“Thanks. You can sit and watch tv or something.  If you’re thirsty the kitchen is over there.  I’m gonna take a shower. I’ll be out in a few.”  

“Can I join you?” I said quietly hoping she wouldn’t hear me.

 

“What?” She did.

 

“Huh?” She narrowed her eyes at me and walked away.  I sat on the couch and turned on the TV.  I wanted to see her bedroom. You know, just to see what she was like. 

 

So I did. 

 

Kinda stupid huh?

 

I went to her room.  It was very…girly.  I expected it to look sort of like the rest of the house.  She had pictures all over the room.  Then my eyes landed on the prize. 

 

Yes folks. 

 

The panty drawer. 

 

You can always tell what kind of girl you’re dealing with by her underwear.  I opened it.  It was full of colorful, cute stuff. I didn’t see any thongs though.  But of course as soon as I held one up to inspect it, I got caught.

 

“I see you like my underwear.” She said smirking at me from the doorway.

 

“I was just…”

 

“Oh no.  Don’t let me stop you.  If you wanna look, go ahead.  I don’t care. While you’re over there go in the third drawer and pass me the pink shorts.” I handed her the shorts and continued my exploration of her panty drawer. 

“Can I ask you a question?” 

“Yup. And hand me the lotion that’s to your right.” 

“Here you go.  Okay.  Do you not wear thongs?” I asked.  She laughed at me. 

 

“No I don’t.” 

“Why not? Thongs are a wonderful thing.” 

“Because thongs are crack killers.  They get eaten up by my ass. I prefer G-Strings. No crack killing and no pantylines.” The only word I heard her say was G-Strings.  She was lotioning her legs and it threw me off. 

“Oh.” I wanted to see them…on her though.  I closed the drawer.  She walked to the bathroom to put her clothes on.  She came back out dressed in those shorts and a tank top and laid down on the bed.

 

 “So.” 

“So….” 

What would you like to do Mr. Timberlake?” 

“Fuck.” I still don’t know why I said that. 

She busted out laughing. “Wow. Well at least you’re honest. Have a seat. Let’s talk.” I sat down on her bed next to her.

 

“Is it always that easy for you? To get a girl to just give it up like that?”

 

“Yeah.  If one chick doesn’t wanna do it, another one will.” 

“Damn. I’m not even gonna lie.  If I were you, I’d probably do the same thing.” 

“So when was the last time you had a girlfriend?” I knew this question was gonna come up.

“Like 7 or 8 months ago. What about you?” 

“I don’t date girls but the last boyfriend I had was about 4 months ago.”  

Why’d you guys break up?” 

“I think I got bored.  He couldn’t keep me interested and I wasn’t happy so for the first time I actually broke up with somebody.”

 

“What do you mean the first time?” She sighed and looked down.  I could tell she didn’t wanna talk about it but I’m nosey and I wanted to know.

 

“Because in every relationship I’ve had prior to that one, I’ve always been dumped.”

 

“Oh…well if it makes you feel better, I’ve been cheated on three times.” 

“Damn. That sucks.” She laughed.  She got up and went to her DVD collection. “Enough about of sucky love lives.  Let’s watch a movie.” 

“What do you have?” 

“Coming to America, The Lion King, Cinderella, The Little Mermaid, Seven, Troy, Ocean’s 11 and 12…” 

“I take it you like Brad Pitt and Disney Movies.” 

She scrunched her nose up at me. “Yes I do. And we’re watching The Lion King. You no longer have any say.”

Chapter 3 by PrettyNPink

I know what you’re thinking.

 

It didn’t happen though.  As much as I wanted it to, it didn’t.  I actually left after the movie because she was knocked out.

 

The next couple months were great.  We went on dates, did couple type shit. I started staying with her whenever I was in New York.  Everything was cool.

 

Until that one day. Before I tell you the story, I’ll admit now that I was kind of dumb.

 

Okay.

 

I was hanging out at her place all day like I usually do while she was at work because I had nothing to do.  Her phone rang and I answered it.

 “Hello?” 

“Hello???” The confused voice on the other end replied.  It was a guy.   

“Yeah. Hello?”  

“Who the fuck is this?” 

“You called here so you need to calm down with that.” 

“This is James.” James was her ex-boyfriend. Her fuckin ex-boyfriend.  I was pretty heated that he was calling.

 

“Uh huh.” 

“Yeah so who the fuck are you answering my girl’s phone?” 

“Don’t worry about that.  And last I checked she wasn’t your girl.” 

Well check again motherfucker.” 

“Yeah okay.” 

He laughed. “Yeah whatever motherfucker.  Tell MY girl I said to call me back. She knows the number.” and he hung up.

 

I was pissed the fuck off.

 

Alright.  The scenario is set up.  Now try and imagine what my stupid ass did.

 

Yup. I waited for her to come home to take it out on her.

 

“I’m home!” she said as she opened the door.  I was laying down in the living room watching TV.  

 

“James called.” She stopped, looked at me, and then started to take off her shoes.

“James? The fuck did he want?” 

“I don’t know.  You tell me.” 

“What’s that supposed to mean?” She said walking toward the kitchen.  I got up to follow her. 

“Are you still talking to him?”

 

“No.” she said as she took a bottle of water out of the fridge. 

“Well he doesn’t think so.” 

“Justin. What are you trying to say?” 

“I’m not saying anything. I just wanna know if you and him are still messing around.” 

“If I told you no, I meant no. Why the hell are you questioning me?” 

Right here is where I fucked up.  I knew I shouldn’t have said it but it just came out. 

“Well you ain’t giving me any so maybe you’re getting it somewhere else.” Strike one. I think I heard a record scratch as soon as I said that. I may have forgot to mention that we had been dating for three months and haven’t had sex. 

“So let me get this straight.  You think I’m fucking James because I’m not fucking you??” She was PISSED.

 

“Maybe.” 

“Well I could say the same thing for you since you brought it up.” 

“I’m not messing with anyone else.” 

“And I believe you. Why is it so hard for you to believe me?” 

I didn’t answer.  I had nothing to say.

 

“I’ve been at work all day and I just wanted to come home and chill with you and you’re coming at me with this bullshit? You better thank God I haven’t slapped you yet.”

”Well why was he calling here then?”
 

“How the fuck am I supposed to know! And besides, it’s not like me and you boyfriend and girlfriend or anything.  We never made any of this shit official so you can’t even get mad at me if I was fucking around with his sorry ass.” She was right.  We didn’t really put a label on what we were doing.  We did everything couples do…except for the sex part.

“Fuck that shit.” I said walking away from her. Strike two.  Don’t ever walk away from a girl in the middle of an argument. 

“Yeah fuck that shit because you know I’m right.” 

“Whatever.”

“Whatever nothing. You’re acting like a little bitch over something that you have no reason to be mad at anyway.” 

Get the fuck out of my face Khalila.” Strike three. I’m out. 

“Get the fuck out of my house Justin.” 

“I was already on my way out.” 

“Well keep it moving then. Don’t let me slow you down. Take your shit and get the hell out.” She said as she flopped onto the couch.   

I called my bodyguard Mike to come and get me so I could check in a hotel.  I got my stuff and waited in the hallway until he came.  I should’ve apologized then but I was being stubborn.  Mike got to her building in like 15 minutes.

 

“She kicked you out huh?” Mike asked.

 

“I don’t wanna talk about it.” I said sinking down into the passenger’s seat. 

“What did you do?” 

“Nothing.” 

“Hmmm…” He said snickering.

“What’s so funny?”  

“She kicked you out.” 

“She didn’t kick me out. I left.” 

“So why did you leave then?” 

“Because I asked her if she was still fucking with her ex and then she brought up some shit about how we’re not even boyfriend and girlfriend so I couldn’t get mad.” I said shifting in my seat.

 

“Well she’s right.” I was really sick of everyone pointing that out to me. 

“I guess…” 

“And you know she wouldn’t be with another dude even though you guys aren’t officially a couple.”

“Yeah.” 

“You still wanna go to a hotel or do you want me to turn around?” 

“The hotel. If I go back now, she’d probably stab me or something.” I said. 

“This is true.” He said.

 

I checked into a hotel that night. I actually tried to call her to apologize but she wasn’t answering my calls.  I didn’t expect her to.  I ended staying at the hotel for four days.  Four long days of hearing her damn voicemail over and over again.  I had to talk to her.  I knew if I went to her apartment, she wouldn’t open the door and clearly calling her doesn’t work and I don’t know any of her friends well enough. So I showed up at her job.

 

Genius right?

 

She wouldn’t slap me in a professional environment.

 

I was so nervous in that elevator.  When it stopped on her floor, I was tempted to stay in and go back downstairs.  I got out the elevator and walked to her office with flowers in my hand.  I knocked on her door and heard her say

“Come in.” 

I opened the door and saw her typing something on her computer. 

”Hey.” I said softly.

 

She looked up from her computer, rolled her eyes at me and continued typing.

“What do you want?” 

“To say sorry.” I said handing her the flowers like they were some sort of piece offering.

 

She didn’t take them. I placed them on her desk.

 

“I don’t want your stupid flowers.” Damn.

“Well can you stop typing to listen to me? 

“Nope.” She said as she continued typing…harder than before.

 

“Alright I’ll just say what I have to say then.” She just shrugged. “I’m really sorry for saying what I said and I really like you and I do want you to be my girlfriend but only if you want to but…yeah.” I said scratching the back of my head. I turned to start walking out of her office.

“Wait.” I turned back around. “You want me to be your girlfriend?” 

“Yeah.” 

She got up from around her chair and sat on her with her arms crossed. “Why now? Because I said something to you about it?  I don’t want you to ask me that just because you think it’ll make me stop being mad at you. I want you to ask me because it’s what you want.” 

“No.  Honestly, what you said did make me think about it.  And the fact that it pissed me off that another guy called you.” 

“Why do you want me to be your girlfriend?” I sighed.  She was really killing me with all these damn questions.

“Because…” 

“Because what?” 

“You’re not like anyone I’ve ever met.  I’m used to getting my way with everything and you never let me get my way.” I said smiling. “And, after being alone for four days I realized that I hate not being around you all the time.” 

She smirked trying to hide her emerging smile. “Before I answer you, did you really think I was messing with that idiot?” 

“No.  I was just being jealous.” 

“Then yes.” 

“Yes?” 

“Uh huh.” I smiled so hard my cheeks hurt. “Isn’t this the part where you kiss me all hard and stuff?”

I laughed and did exactly that.  

You wanna do something tonight boyfriend?” 

“Sure girlfriend.” 

“Come to my house around 8.  And you can bring your stuff back.” 

“I’ll be there with bells on.” 

She shook her head and laughed. “Okay.  Now get out because I have to finish working and you’re gonna throw off my concentration.” She said as she began pushing me out of her office.

 

“I’m just that sexy huh?” 

“Get out.”

This story archived at http://nsync-fiction.com/archive/viewstory.php?sid=291