Soul Mate Part 2 by DiamondDoss
Past Featured StorySummary:

Finding your soul mate doesn't always come when you expect it. Especially not for Chris.


Categories: Challenges Characters: Chris Kirkpatrick
Awards: None
Genres: Fantasy, Romance, Supernatural
Challenges: Summer One-Shots
Challenges: Summer One-Shots
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: No Word count: 999 Read: 116 Published: Jun 01, 2019 Updated: Jun 01, 2019
Story Notes:

My dear Rach aka TeamChasez gave me permission to steal her idea and write my own twist for this challenge. It's been a while since I've posted, but here I am.

1. Chapter 1 by DiamondDoss

Chapter 1 by DiamondDoss
“Hey man, you ready to do this?” Trevor asked, a smile on his face. The other guys in Here’s To The Night were ready to do the show and have some fun.

Chris inwardly sighed, putting on a smile as he finished his can of Coke, nodding. “Always, let’s make some noise,” he said, wanting to get the show over so he could go back to the hotel and go to bed. He’d felt bad all day; achy and feverish and just cruddy. If he’d not committed to hosting the show, he would have called off any other plans and stayed home and laid on the couch.

The crowd was mostly women in their late 20’s to mid 30’s. Some faces he recognized and others he didn’t, as he began the show as he usually did. It wasn’t autopilot, like dance moves back when he was in NSYNC, but it wasn’t something that was line for line rehearsed. Chris could let his mind wander a bit. He’d started noticing not feeling well a few years ago. He caught colds quicker, the flu twice this past year and a bout of walking pneumonia kept him sidelined on this past New Year’s.

‘It’s your mark,’ Justin told him in a text. ‘You have to get out and find the one. Not just sit on your old ass playing video games all day.’

‘I don’t. I produce music and go to events, go out and have a good time with friends. They’ve decided that stuff was halfway bullshit, JT. Besides, what woman would want an old ugly guy like me?’ He’d replied back.

‘When you find the one who shares your mark, you’ll realize it’s not bullshit old man.’

Chris’s four other band mates said the same thing, concerned for his well being. His mark on his left pectoral muscle had never bothered him over the years, so he wondered if it was a dud. Like the one egg in a dozen that didn’t hatch. He’d had a few relationships after Dani, but it was never anything deep or meaningful.

Giving a smile to a few girls in the front row, he wondered if any of them could be the one. One was Tall with a toned body, a crop top and shorty shorts, long brunette hair. Chris spotted her mark on her right shoulder.

“Hey Chris, I’m Mandy,” the brunette said, giving him a big smile when he’d gotten done with hosting duties for a bit. “And this is Jamie and Regan,” she said.

“Hey ladies, thanks for coming out,” he said, taking pictures and smiling as they talked. “Did you all travel far to come tonight?”

“We’re a couple hours away, but we got a room for the night. You could come hang out with us later…” Mandy said, looking him up and down with a smirk.

If he’d have felt better, he might have entertained the offer. However, right then it was sort of a slap in the face. He wasn’t looked at as a person; he was a celebrity who was good for either sex or money.

“Sorry, I have plans. Excuse me.”

Chris said hello to a few others before going back to sit in the green room. He was starting to sweat, grabbing a water from the small fridge that was in there.

A small tingling sensation went across his chest, causing him to rub the spot his mark was on. Chris ignored it until he got on stage again, the feeling getting sharper like a red hot poker was being stuck there.

He’d heard and read enough stories to know that it meant the one who shared his mark was there. The only problem was he had no idea who it might be.

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^

Melissa Ryan frowned as she looked down at her shirt that was now covered in some alcohol fruity mixture, making it a red color. She sipped on her beer, wondering if it was worth it to try and make her way to the front to see better.

Her 4 hour drive had turned into six after a wreck happened. That combined with the on coming headache and drink she was now wearing made Melissa consider just going to the hotel. However, she wanted to see Chris. When she heard he was making an appearance, it took her a bit to decide if she was going. He’d been one of her favorite members of NSYNC and she’d followed some of his career after the group had went on hiatus.

The music was good and she smiled, watching Chris sing. Her mark burned slightly, making her wince and rub her neck. It went from the right side of her neck to her shoulder blade, mostly hidden by clothes and her shoulder length blonde hair. Looking around as she slowly made her way to the front, it was apparent she stuck out.

In a sea of long tan legs, short shorts and low cut tops, Melissa was dressed in jeans and a tank top with a long sleeve shirt over it. Her makeup was minimal, accompanied by glasses that hid her green eyes. After this long, her mark seemed insignificant. No men asked to look, or if they did, it was accompanied by a pitied look afterward. It wasn’t that she was ugly, but society was more worried about looks than anything.

She was surprised when Chris hopped down off the stage from the front, watching as he went to the bar closest to them and get a mixed drink and then started taking pictures with fans. Mel could see he was tired and the smile, while genuine, seemed forced somewhat. When his eyes met hers, she could see the wheels turning and her mark felt like it was on fire. She’d found her soulmate.
This story archived at http://nsync-fiction.com/archive/viewstory.php?sid=2936