On The Road by alittlemoretimeonyou
Summary:

Haley is a typical 17 year old girl except for one major difference; she is dating a member of the most popular boy band in the world.

Haley's uncle owns a small rehersal studio in New Hampshire where the boys would go to reherse and kee out of the public eye. Haley and Justin hit it off imidietly and begin secretly dating.

Things go well and Haley ends up going on tour with them after her Senior year of Highschool. Being on tour with them is an experience unlike anything she ever dreamed. It was exciteing and fun but also a bit lonely. Justin liked to go out with the other guys almsot every night to the clubs in whatever city they were in. 

JC usually stayed behind because he would always rather write or catch up on sleep so Haley and JC became good friends. They started to spend more and more time together each night and soon their friendship began to grow into something more. 


Categories: In Progress Het Stories Characters: Chris Kirkpatrick, JC Chasez, Joey Fatone, Justin Timberlake, Lance Bass
Awards: None
Genres: Romance
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: No Word count: 2717 Read: 74 Published: Sep 28, 2020 Updated: Sep 28, 2020
Story Notes:

This story doesn't really have a specific time line but because of a few things, texting mainly I will say it takes place in the present day but *NSYNC has only released their first album and their Christmas album. Other things like songs, albums, solo projects may pop up in different orders to fit my story.

Also, Justin is going to come off as kind of a jerk. That is in no way my feelings about him. I love Justin and everything he has done.

1. Chapter 1 by alittlemoretimeonyou

Chapter 1 by alittlemoretimeonyou
Author's Notes:

This chapter has a lot of narative becuase I wanted to set up the rest of the story so there isn't much character dialogue but bare with me that will change in up coming chapters!

I placed my earbuds in me ear and pressed play on my phone before sliding it into the back pocket of my jeans. I sighed and grabbed the mop so I could start my night. My uncle owned a small studio that artists would rent out to practice or business would rent out to do weekend retreats. My job was to clean the few rooms and empty the trash three times a week. I coudln't really complain. It was an easy job and I got paid pretty well. 

I finished two rooms. I had one left but the door was closed and the light above the door was on meaning it was occupied. Usually no one was here at ngiht besides my uncle but I shrugged it off and went to take out the trash. 

I rounded the corner after coming inside from tossing the trash into the dumpster and crashed into someone. After a second of being annoyed I looked up at who I had crashed into and almost passed out. Justin Timberlake. I mean I was literally listening to him sing 'I Want You Back' in my ear and then bam he is in front of me. 

I pulled my earbuds out of my ear and just stared at him with my mouth open. He was even more gorgeous in person. "Oh. My. God." I said softly. My entire body was shaking. I decided that I had to be dreaming. This was not real.

"Hey." Justin said with a smile. 

I let out a small laugh. "Hi."

"What's your name?" Justin asked.

"I'm..." I continued to stare at him in disbelief. "Um..."

"Haley! There you are." My uncle called out from down the hall. "Justin. is there a problem?" He asked as he got closer to where we were standing.

"I was just looking for you, could we sign up for another hour? We really need to get some more work done."

"Of course. I am heading out but I trust you guys to lock up."

"Great, thank you."

"Haley, you ready to go?"

Before I could say a word Justin spoke up. "Unless you would like to stay and watch our rehersal?" Justin turned to my uncle. "We can give her a ride home after."

"Really?" I asked not even trying to hide the excitemnet in my voice.

"It's fine with me." My uncle said. "Just call your mom and let her know you will be later."

I nodded and my uncle took off.

 

*6 MONTHS LATER*

'I miss you.' I hit send and slide my phone back under my book so Mrs. Spade wouldn't see. 

Twenty miniutes later the bell rang and I was on my way to lunch. The moment I sat down with my food my phone vibrated with a new text.

'Miss you too, baby. Less than four weeks until the tour. I can't wait to get to see you everyday!'

I smiled and slid my phone back into my backpack. I was excited to go on tour with the guys but at the same time I was nervous. No one in the world knew that Justin Timberlake had a girlfriend let alone some girl that lived in a small town in New Hampshire. His PR team thoguht it would be best and I knew Justin agreed so I thought it was the right thing to do. It did make me a little upset that I wouldn't be able to take my boyfriend to all the fun Senior year things coming up but I loved him and this is what we had to do.

 

*2 MONTHS LATER*

I turned over for, what was I think the seventh time and let out a sigh. Usually a good thunder storm would put me right to sleep but sleeping in a small bunk on a tour bus was not very comfortable. I finally decided that trying to get to sleep was pretty useless so I slid out of the bunk and figured I would get a snack and watch TV. That was another thing about riding on a tour bus with five guys, I never got to watch what I wanted on television.

Walking down towards the kitchen I saw JC sitting on the couches holding his guitar and writing in a notebook in the space beside him. I opened the fridge and he immediately looked up.

"Hey, I didn't wake you, did I?" He asked slightly concerned.

I grabbed a bottle of water from the bottom shelf then look over at him and shake my head. "No. I'm just not really used to sleeping on a bus yet." I said with a small laugh. I walked over and took a seat at the table across from the couch he was sitting on. "Is everyone else sleeping?"

"I think Joey is watching television in the back." He strummed a few notes on his guitar which of course sounded beautiful. "We are renting a house in the morning for a few days so you will have a little more privacy." He said as if he could read my mind.

I laughed, almost spitting out my water. "Am I that obvious?"

He laughed and shook his head. "No, I just know how it is. And I am sure it is even harder for you being trapped on a bus with five guys."

"It's not all bad. I do get to see my favorite brand preform almost every night." I paused. "Speaking of...are you writing a hit over there?" I ask nodding towards his notebook.

"I don't know about a hit." He said laughing. "It is a ballad though."

"It will be a hit." I said before taking another sip of water. "Fans love the songs that you guys write yourselves."

"Well I guess you are an expert on what fans like." He smiled. He started playing the song on his guitar, I knew I wouldn't hear a word until he was done writing but he would usually play the music right away.

"It's beautiful." I say when he finishes. "I can't wait to hear the lyrics."

"Thank you." He said with a smile. He layed his guitar on the seat next to him then grabbed his notebook and stood up. "I am going to head to bed...and let you have some privacy. Goodnight." He said before taking off toward the bunks.

 

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * ** * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * ** * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

 

We pulled up to a large cabin like house. There were no other houses around for I am not sure how many miles. It felt amazing to get off the bus after being cooped up in it for so many hours. I was really looking forward to spending a few days in an actual house. We all grabbed our bags from underneath the bus and headed inside.

Justin came up behind me once we were all inside and wrapped his arms around me. "I convinced the guys to let us have the master bedroom since there are two of us." He whispered against my ear then lightly kissed me neck. "Come on."

I followed Justin up the stairs and down the hall to the master bedroom. It was beautiful. A king size canopy bed sat in the middle of the room. A huge flat screen television hung on the wall opposite of the bed. We had our own bathroom and there was an entire wall of windows and a door that led out to a balcony. The room was definitely several steps up from my small bunk on the bus. We had been officially dating for almmost eight months but had not had sex. It may seem a bit strange but we were rtarely alone and when we were it wasn't for long. These next few days would be the first time we would actually have real privacy for a long time; and that made me excited but also a little nervous.

"We have to leave in two hours and head to the venue so if you want to shower..."

"Oh absolutely." I said with a laugh as I grabbed my duffel bag. "I have been dying to take a shower in a real bathroom." I walked into our bathroom and Justin laughed.

 

* * * * ** * * * * * ** * * ** * * * * ** * ** * ** * * * * ** * * * * * ** * * ** * * * * ** * ** * **

 

We pulled in the venue that the boys would be preforming at and it looked like most of the other ones they had performed at earlier on this tour. There were still several hours until show time but there were already a lot of fans outside. Most holding signs declaring their love for a member of the band, mostly my boyfriend. It felt a little odd to see girls screaming that they loved my boyfriend but I was a fan...still am, and if I wasn't sitting on the tour bus I would probably be one of the girls outside holding a sign and screaming.  

Our normal routine for concerts was we would immediately go to the lounge area then the guys would go out for sound check, get a small break to eat, then get into hair/makeup/wardrobe. Normally for concerts I would watch from the front row. No one knew who I was. The people around me assumed I was just another fan. In the beginning I was fine with the decision to keep our relationship quiet because for one I knew it would make my life easier; I didn't want to be famous and I didn't want people to hate me just because I was dating their favorite member. And two...I didn't really feel that I had a choice. Justin and the PR team wanted it and I was worried Justin would break up with me if I didn't go along with it. Now that we are a about a month into this tour and several months into dating I am really starting to hate being forced to keep our relationship a secret.

 

Fans were starting to enter the venue and Michael, one of the security members came back stage to bring me out into the audience. As soon as Justin sees Michael he came over to me like he always does and gave me a big hug before placing fast kisses all over my face then a gentle one on my lips.

"Have a good show, guys!" I called out to all of them before following Michael out of the backstage area.

 

* * * * ** * * * * * ** * * ** * * * * ** * ** * ** * * * * ** * * * * * ** * * ** * * * * ** * ** * **

 

The show was of course amazing. It was impossible for them to put on a bad show. They just sang their 3rd to last song which was my que to make my way out to the lobby area and meet Michael. Being a fan I hated having to leave early but it was necessary, I would have never made it to the bus with the crowd after the show.

I followed Michael all around the lobby until we came to a back door that wasn't visible to the public unless you were looking for it. Michael handed me my baseball hat and sunglasses which I used as a disguise in case there was any press or fans outside, which there always were. The moment the door opened I heard the screams, probably of the people who weren't able to get tickets. As soon as they saw it was some security guy and an unrecognizable person in a hat the screams died down.

The guys were on the bus not long after and like always Justin came and sat beside me on the couch and kissed my cheek. "You guys did a great job."

"You say that all the time." Chris says before gulping down an entire bottle of water.

"Well, it's true." I said with a smile as Justin pulled me against him.

"So I think we are going to go to a club tonight."

I hated when they would go to clubs after shows. I was underage and since they liked to keep a low profile when going out they didn't like to use their celebrity status to get me in. "Okay." I said softly. I didn't want him to go but I also didn't want to be that girlfriend that gets upset about it. Justin started talking to Joey about which clubs they were going to hit and I looked over at JC who was sitting where I was the night before when I had gotten up in the middle of the night. I could tell that he knew I was upset about the guys going out. He gave me a small smile before taking a sip of his water.

When we got back to the house Justin showered and changed so he would be ready to go out. I was sitting on the bed flipping through the channels when he walked out of the bathroom. He looked hot, of course and that made me not want him to go even more.

"So do I get a kiss before I leave?" He asks. I look over at him and smile before I hop off the bed and walk over to him. He places his hands on my hips and pulls me closer before kissing me.

Once Justin was gone I changed into my black and green bikini and headed downstairs. I saw JC on the couch doing what I was doing a few moments ago, flipping through the channels. He wasn't the going to clubs type, he would usually stay in at night and either work on music or catch up on sleep.

"Hey, I am going to go use the hot tub for a little while." I say as I walk by the back of the couch.

He stops what he is doing and turns to face me. "Alone?"

I laughed. Although he wasn't the oldest he always looked out for everyone, especially me. And sometimes I thought it bothered Justin a little, though he never said anything about it. "Yes." I said still laughing.

"It's pretty dark out there." He called out to me just before I walked out the back door.

Once I was outside I turned on the hot tub then slid off my bathing suit cover-up and placed it on the porch railing with my towel. The moment my toe hit the water the door opened and JC walked outside holding his guitar.

I of course laughed again. Once inside the hot tub I move to the other side so I could see where he was sitting. "Do you think I am going to drown?" I asked.

He smiled and shook his head as he began to play one the songs the guys recorded before we left on tour. "It's late and you never know who could be lurking in the woods."

JC and I didn't spend a ton of time alone together but in the five or ten minutes a night we did spend alone while the guys were out clubbin' we had formed a special bond. Although he didn't say it he knew I had a fear of the dark and it really did make me feel better that I wasn't out there alone. I scooted down further into the water, the jets felt amazing on my back. I leaned my head back, closed my eyes and just listened while JC played the guitar. "I think this will be my new favorite "NSYNC song." I paused. "Well...until you let me hear the lyrics to that song from last night." I said with a smile but didn't open my eyes.

I heard JC laugh but he didn't say anything. He continued to play a couple more songs and I just relaxed and listened.  After the third song he played I heard him place his guitar down. "Are you sleeping?"

I laughed then sat up more and opened my eyes. "No, I was just enjoying the music." I paused. "But it is getting late I should probably head up to bed." JC stood up and walked closer to the hot tub with his hand out to help me out.

"Thank you." I said with a small smile once I was out of the hot tub.    

 

* * * * * * * * * * * ** * * * * * ** * * * * * * * * * ** * * * * * * * * * ** 

 

I turned over and opened my eyes. Justin wasn't in bed with me so I grabbed my phone off the nightstand. 3:34 AM. I sighed and tried to fall back asleep. 

This story archived at http://nsync-fiction.com/archive/viewstory.php?sid=2991