Better with you by Patricia
Summary:

Sometimes someone comes into your life by surprise, breaks down your walls and changes your world forever. 

stories/2341/images/9C0B7A7F-7CC7-4694-8A23-AF2C8509B68A.jpeg


Categories: Completed Het Stories Characters: JC Chasez
Awards: None
Genres: Romance
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 39 Completed: Yes Word count: 52186 Read: 3488 Published: Nov 18, 2022 Updated: Jan 25, 2023
Story Notes:

Please note, that I never change the female protagonist in any of my stories. It kind of makes sense to me, as the *NSYNC characters are always the same, as well. But Eve’s personality varies, as well as her background does. This time I’m not trying to build the events into the real world timeline. For more flexibility, I’ll modify certain things, like JC’s job situation. But it’s not an alternate universe. 

As always, thank you very much for your interest. I hope you enjoy.

1. The shirt by Patricia

2. Pop trash by Patricia

3. You made my day, Justin by Patricia

4. Did you google the boss? by Patricia

5. Flowers by Patricia

6. Little detail by Patricia

7. You lied by Patricia

8. Breaking the ice by Patricia

9. I'll fix this by Patricia

10. Can I ask something? by Patricia

11. Cheap lyrics by Patricia

12. It's Friday by Patricia

13. Investment plan by Patricia

14. Dangerous combination by Patricia

15. No plan by Patricia

16. Loan contract by Patricia

17. Watch out, princess by Patricia

18. Something deep by Patricia

19. Fuck you, T by Patricia

20. Getting wasted by Patricia

21. Cheesecake by Patricia

22. Stupid games by Patricia

23. Unforeseen by Patricia

24. I need to know something by Patricia

25. What about Justin? by Patricia

26. Focus! by Patricia

27. You didn't lie by Patricia

28. Why is she still here, Jay? by Patricia

29. Music industry by Patricia

30. Mistake by Patricia

31. Here you are, stupid by Patricia

32. Because we're friends by Patricia

33. Let's get started by Patricia

34. Better than love by Patricia

35. Isn't it weird? by Patricia

36. The firm is fine by Patricia

37. What happened? by Patricia

38. Congrats by Patricia

39. Orlando by Patricia

The shirt by Patricia

November, 2014


„Thank you! Keep the rest!“ Eve said to the cashier, before rushing to the exit.


She was busy removing the price tag from the white blouse she just bought at Macy’s. As she left the store, she hastily opened the backseat door of the taxi, which was waiting for her at the entrance. 


„Move!“ she shouted.


The driver immediately started the engine and left the parking lot.


„I’m sorry you witness this, but I need to change my shirt here. There is no time left,“ she apologized, while opening the buttons of the blouse she was wearing. 


The driver glanced into his mirror for a second, before giving his attention back to the traffic.


„Stop panicking. We’re almost there,“ he tried to calm her down. 


Eve got rid of her blouse, having a big coffee spot on its front. 


„You’re such an idiot, Eve. Why those things happen to you all the time?“ she blamed herself in her thoughts. 


Quickly she put her new blouse on, being relieved that it fitted well. Then the grabbed a brush out of her Louis Vuitton tote to bring her long blond hair back to order. Finally she looked for her red lipstick and refreshed it quickly. At the same time the driver parked the car in front of a skyscraper. 


„How do I look?“ she asked him. 


The driver turned around and gave her a cheeky smile. 


„You look hot. I would hire you, without even talking to you.“ 


Eve shook her head, smiling back at him. Then she grabbed some cash out of her bag. 


„Here. Thank you. You saved me,“ she said, giving him the money. 


„You’re sure? That’s way too much.“ He asked, staring at the fifty dollar bill. 


Eve nodded and gave him another bright smile, before leaving his car. 


„Good luck!“ He said.


„Thank you. Have a great day.“ She replied, before shutting the door. 



„Shit, shit, shit…“ Eve was talking to herself, as she reached the reception. 


„What can I do for you?“ the receptionist asked friendly.


„Hi!“ she replied, being a little out of breath.


„I have an appointment with Mr… um… Chasez…? Did I pronounce it right?“ 


„Yes, you did. What’s your name, please?“ 


„Eve Harper.“ 


„I see. You’re having a job interview, right?“


„Yes. That’s me.“


The receptionist smiled and put a visitor pass out of her drawer. Then she gave it to Eve.


„Chasez Records is on the fiftieth floor. The elevators are on the left hand side.“ 


„Thank you.“ Eve said nervously, grabbing the pass. 


As she finally reached the elevators, she pressed the button and checked her wrist watch.


„Damn it. You’re officially late.“ she thought. 



JC was sitting at his desk in his office. While staring at the screen in front of him, he grabbed the handset of his landline.


„Yes, JC?“ Nicole answered.


She was working at the front desk at Chasez Records, being 39 years old. She was having shoulder-length black curls, dark eyes and a curvy body shape.


„What happened to my 2 PM appointment?“ He asked her. 


„Um, the applicant just arrived.“ Nicole answered. 


JC checked the time.


„She’s late.“ 


„Yap. Still wanna see her?“ 


He sighed.


„Ya. Let her in.“ 



Eve was standing in front of Nicole’s desk, being nervous. She noticed, that Nicole was talking about her at the phone and flushed a little. Nicole smiled friendly, as she finished the call. 


„Lucky you. The boss is in a good mood today.“ Nicole said, giving her a wink.


„What that supposed to mean?“ Eve asked irritated. 


„Look, he’s a little difficult. But don’t worry. I have a good feeling with you.“


Eve raised her eyebrows. 


„What kind of difficult?“ she wanted to know. 


„Hard to explain. Now go, he’s waiting for you.“ Nicole said, pointing at the glass door next to her desk. „Turn right and keep going. His office is at the end. You can’t miss it.“ 


Eve cracked a smile, thanked her and entered the open space office. She got distracted by the impressive view outside at L.A. downtown through the giant windows. Without watching her step she turned right. In the very next second she run into a man with a take away coffee cup in his hand. As they bumped into each other, his coffee spilled all over her new blouse.


„Oh shit!“ The man shouted, as he realized what just happened. 


„Hot! Jesus! This is so hot!“ Eve yelled. 


She grabbed the wet fabric and pulled it away from her body. 


„I’m so sorry!“ The man immediately apologized. 


Their eyes met for a short moment. 


„Oh… wow…“ Both were thinking. 


Eve needed to admit, that he was brutally attractive. He was having ocean blue eyes and dirty blond hair, which style reminded her of James Dean. His face was smooth and fresh shaved. 


„Stop staring at him!“


She forced herself looking away and focused on her messed up shirt again. 


„This must be a joke.“ she talked to herself. 


The man frowned. 


„A joke?“


She scoffed. 


This is the second time this happens to me in the last half hour. I just bought this blouse. The universe is playing against me today.“ 


The man smiled sheepishly. 


„Um, please let me pay for your dry cleaning.“


„I run into you, not the way around,“ Eve replied. 


„Still, I feel the urge to make things right.“


Eve looked at him again, suddenly having an idea.


„You really wanna help?“


„Of course.“


„Then lend me your shirt.“


The man raised his eyebrows.


„Excuse me?“


„Look. I have a job interview and I’m already late. I can’t go there in this condition. I mean, look at me,“ she explained, pointing at the giant coffee spot on her blouse. 


„You can’t be serious.“ The man stammered. 


„Please,“ she said, giving him a desperate look. 


„I don’t wear anything under my shirt.“


„But you have a jacket. You can wait for me at the front desk. I’ll return your shirt when my interview is over.“


He was processing, not being sure what to do next. Eve realized, that she asked for too much. And she was running out of time.


„Okay, um… sorry for asking… this was stupid… I need to go…“


Before she continued walking, the man changed his mind. 


„Fine, I’ll give you my shirt. There’s a restroom.“ He said, pointing at the door right next to them. 


„Really?“


„Really.“


Eve smiled all over her face. Both went into the men’s bathroom. Luckily no one else was around. When the door closed, she immediately started opening the buttons of her blouse. 


„Ummm…“ the man stammered.


He didn’t expect her undressing herself right in front of his face.


„This is an emergency. And I’m sure you’ve seen a bra before, right?“ She said boldly, giving him a wink. 


The man didn’t know how to reply and begun unbuttoning his white shirt, as well. 


„Here,“ he said, when he dressed it off. 


She took it and glanced at his perfect shaped chest, while he was busy not staring at her breasts. Hectically Eve put his shirt on. As it was way too big for her petite body shape, she pushed the fabric into her black pencil skirt and pulled up the sleeves. 


„What do you say? Oversize is trendy nowadays, right?“ she asked.


He needed to admit, that his shirt looked good on her.


„I guess this works,“ he said, smiling. 


Eve smiled back and put her dirty blouse into her tote. 


„I need to hurry. See you later. And thank you,“ she replied, before rushing out of the bathroom. 


The man put on his leather jacket and closed it. Then he went to the front desk, sat down in the waiting area and grabbed a magazine from the coffee table. Nicole was watching the scene. 


„Everything okay?“ She asked curiously. 


„Hm? Ya... I’m fine. Just ignore my presence.“ He replied. 


„How on earth could I ever ignore Justin Timberlake’s presence?“ Nicole was thinking. 

 

Pop trash by Patricia

Eve reached JC’s office and saw him staring at his screen through the glass wall. The door was open. She stopped in the doorstep and cleared her throat. 


„Hi.“ She said, with a bright smile on her face. 


JC turned his head in her direction. Their eyes met. And suddenly the world stop turning.


„What is this? Do you have a heart attack? Are you dying?“ Eve was thinking. 


She didn’t understand what was happening to her. Her heartbeat was suddenly out of control. She stared at JC, not being able looking away. 


„Fuck.“ JC was thinking. 


He stared back at her, like she was the most beautiful thing he ever saw in his life. 


„Do something. Do something!“ JC talked to himself in his mind. 


„Ms. Harper,“ he finally said, still staring. 


Eve nodded, giving him another charming smile. 


„Focus, Eve. Don’t screw this up. Please don’t screw this up,“ she thought. 


„Please come in,“ JC added, pointing at the chair opposite of his desk. 


Eve came closer, put her bag at the floor and sat down. JC was still piercing her with his deep blue eyes. He was intimidating her with his gaze, but she tried hard not to show it. 


„He’s too hot. You can’t work for a man like him. It’s too much. Damn it. Why must he be so handsome?“ Eve was thinking. 


JC’s dark brown hair was long on top and short on his sides. He was wearing black framed glasses and having a three day beard, which suited him very well. He was wearing a black button down shirt, black jeans and white sneakers. Eve assumed he must be a decade older than her.


JC was still staring. He was sure, that he never saw such big light blue eyes in his life before. Her devil read lips looked delicious. He wondered how they tasted. She was dressed a little too formal for a job interview at an independent record label. But he liked her hot secretary style. Especially her high heels. 


„She’s too sexy. You can’t hire her. This would be torture.“ 


„Um, is everything alright?“ Eve asked carefully and brought him back to reality. 


JC felt caught and cleared his throat. Then he gave her a stern look.


„You’re late,“ he blamed her. 


„This is true. And I know it sounds like a lame excuse, but due to certain circumstances I needed to change my clothes.“ 


JC raised his eyebrows. 


„Certain circumstances?“


„There was coffee on my shirt,“ she explained. „But you can be sure off, that punctuality is a serious thing for me. I’m German.“ 


She smiled, hoping this would be the icebreaker. But it wasn’t. JC continued looking at her with no sign of sympathy. Then he gave his attention to a piece of paper, lying on the desk. Eve noticed, it was her CV. He took the document, before continuing their conversation. 


„You work for an IT enterprise as an executive assistant for almost ten years. What’s the reason you’re looking for another job?“


„It’s a German company. My boss was relocated to our headquarter in Los Angeles two years ago and asked me to joined him. Now it’s time for him going back to Germany. But I wanna stay in L.A.“


„I see,“ JC replied. „Why you don’t wanna go back home, if I may ask?“


„I build up a new life here and it doesn’t feel right to leave,“ Eve tried to explain. 


JC nodded, thinking she must be in a serious relationship. He put her CV aside and leaned into his chair. 


„Why you wanna work for the music industry? Are you having any kind of affinity to this business?“ he wanted to know next. 


„Yes, I do.“ Eve lied, without turning red. 


The truth was she didn’t care much about music. Of course she liked listening to current songs in the radio on her way to the office. And she always enjoyed dancing in clubs or parties to any kind of music style. But she was never truly interested in a specific genre or supporting any bands or artists, even when she was younger. 


„What are you listening to?“ JC wanted to know. 


Eve realized she should have prepared herself a little better. She needed a moment, before she answered. 


„Nirvana.“ 


JC raised his eyebrows again. 


„I didn’t expect that,“ he admitted. 


„Shit, Eve. From all bands on that planet, why you’ve chosen this one?“ she blamed herself in her thoughts. 


„Um… Kurt was very inspiring back in those days,“ she tried to explain. 


„Oh really? Why?“ JC continued asking. 


„Um… well, he was different…“ 


„Different comparing to what?“ 


„To all the pop trash from the nineties. It was terribly annoying. But then there was Kurt with his disturbing lyrics and even more disturbing video clips. He caught my attention and I open up myself to this kind of music,“ she continued lying. 


JC frowned.


„Explain pop trash.“ 


„Well, um. Everything sounded the same way. The worst part were all this tragic boyband ballads, giving desperate teenage girls a completely wrong idea about romantic relationships. Luckily that trend is over for a while now.“


„Did she really just said that?“ JC was talking to himself in his mind. 


„Did you prepare yourself for this interview?“ 


She flushed a little, feeling caught. Then she took a deep breath. 


„I admit, that I don’t have much knowledge about this kind of business. But I’m not applying as a talent scout or a promoter. Neither I believe my personal music taste is relevant for the job as an assistant. I can work in any kind of industry. My job is to organize and support you to run this firm properly. This is my area of expertise.“


„I agree to this, Ms. Harper. Still it would have made sense, if you had researched, at least, with who you’re dealing here,“ JC said harshly.  


Eve stared at him, having no idea what he was trying to say. 


„Well done. You screwed up. And you even don’t know why,“ she thought. 


JC realized that she was completely flustered and suddenly felt sorry. He knew he overreacted. It happened to him pretty often. He grabbed her CV again, before he continued talking. 


„Your salary expectations are above average,“ he said. 


„I don’t think so,“ Eve replied boldly. 


She was convinced, there was no chance for her getting the job and lost her motivation to show herself from her best side. JC looked at her again. 


„I’m not paying 70 grand per year for this position,“ he added. 


„Why not?“ Eve talked back. 


„I don’t owe you any explanation,“ he said arrogantly.


„Beautiful from outside. Ugly from inside. That’s what you are.“ Eve was judging him in her thoughts. 


„Okay, looks like we’re finished here,“ she replied and stood up in the same moment. „Thank you for your time, Mr. Chasez.“ 


„She has balls,“ he was thinking. 


JC didn’t expect her acting this way. Obviously she didn’t rely on getting the job. He stared at her butt, as she was leaving his office. Her hour glass body shape was too much for his nerves. He felt himself getting hard. 


„She’s too hot. And too tough. You can’t have her here. You just can’t.“



On her way back to the front desk, Eve closed her eyes and took another deep breath. 


„What now? You need a new job. You can’t stay without a new job…“ 


She entered the entrance area, seeing Justin sitting at one sofa. He looked at her and raised his eyebrows. 


„So? You got the job?“ he asked curiously. 


Eve smiled at him and shook her head. 


„Come. Let me give you your shirt back,“ she said. 


Justin stood up and followed her to the restroom. Nicole was watching the scene and asking herself what was going on between them. 


Justin noticed, that she was disappointed, as she started unbuttoning his shirt. 


„What happened?“ he wanted to know. 


Eve returned his shirt. He got rid of his jacket and begun dressing it on, while she did the same with her dirty blouse. 


„The boss is an asshole,“ she answered. 


Justin chuckled. 


„What’s so funny?“ she wanted to know. 


„Um, nothing. I’m sorry things didn’t work out,“ he replied. 


Eve sighed. 


„You know what? It’s my fault. I should have prepared myself better.“


„Why would you say that?“ 


„I believe I made an inappropriate comment about pop music. Then he turned upset.“ 


Justin bit his lips, trying hard not to laugh. Evie noticed and frowned. 


„Who are you? Are you working here?“ she wanted to know. 


„I’m Justin. And I’m not working here. What’s your name?“ 


„I’m Eve. And I’m not working here, either.“ 


Both started giggling. 


„Why are you here, then?“ she wanted to know next. 


„I visited my best friend for lunch.“


„I see.“


Eve looked at him, still smiling. 


„I think I owe you a coffee,“ she said next. 


„No, you don’t.“ 


„You lend your beautiful Armani shirt to a complete stranger, who made you spill your coffee. I really think you deserve a new one.“ 


Justin smirked. 


„Fine. If it makes you feel better.“ 


„Definitely it does.“ 


Both left the bathroom and returned to the front desk. 


„See you around, Nicole,“ Justin said. 


„Bye Justin,“ she replied. 


Eve said goodbye as well and followed Justin to the elevators. 


„Did she hooked Justin up?“ Nicole wondered. 

You made my day, Justin by Patricia

„Look, there’s a Starbucks,“ Eve said, pointing at the other street side, as they left the building. 


Justin nodded and put on his navigator sunglasses. There was a black GMC Yukon parking in front of the building. The driver left the car and opened the backseat door, as he saw Justin coming closer. Justin shook his head. He was glad, that Eve didn’t notice. The driver immediately understood, closed the door and returned into the car. 



Justin felt uncomfortable, as they entered the coffee shop. Luckily the place wasn’t crowded. 


„What do you drink?“ Eve asked, standing in line. 


„Caramel Macchiato,“ he answered, standing next to her. 


„Uh, we have the same taste,“ she replied, giving him a wink. 


Justin smiled. Something about her fascinated him. She was easy to talk to. But mostly he enjoyed the fact, that she had absolutely no idea who he was. Usually people used to recognize his face immediately, especially if they were in his age, like Eve. 



With their coffee cups in their hands both sat down at a free table. Eve looked at him and smiled.


„Why you’re keeping your sunglasses on?“ she wanted to know. 


„I have very sensitive eyes,“ he lied. 


She smirked and took a sip. 


„So? Do you have further job interviews?“ he asked, also taking a sip.


„No. I don’t. But I’m running out of time.“ 


„Means?“ 


„I have a work visa. But if I don’t work, I need to go back home.“


„Which is…?“ 


„Germany.“ 


„Oh. Ya. I should have known that. Your accent.“ 


„Yes. Hard to get rid of that accent.“ 


„Does it mean you’re out of work at present?“ 


„No, I’m not. I’m working for a German company. My boss is getting relocated to our German headquarter in few weeks. But I don’t wanna go back with him. My life is here now. I have friends, a beautiful apartment downtown…“


„And a boyfriend…“ he finished her sentence. 


Eve chuckled. 


„Not really.“ she replied. 


„Not really?“ 


„I go on dates sometimes, but I didn’t find anyone, I’m truly interested in so far,“ she explained.  „What about you?“ 


Justin raised his left hand, showing his wedding ring. 


„Married, hm?“


„I am.“ 


„I hope your wife doesn’t mind you’re drinking coffee with a stranger.“ 


He smiled.


„I don’t think so.“ 


Eve raised her eyebrows.


„You’re struggling?“ 


„I don’t wanna talk about it.“


She nodded. 


„Then tell me what you do for living, Justin.“ 


He wasn’t prepared for that question and turned a little uneasy. 


„As my best friend, I’m in the entertainment industry,“ he answered. 


„Oh, really? What exactly are you doing?“ she continued asking. 


„A little bit of everything, I would say.“


„You don’t wanna talk about it, either, hm?“ she noticed. 


Justin smiled. 


„Not really, to be honest.“


She smiled back. 


„You know what?“ he said next, changing the subject.


„What?“ 


„My shirt smells like you.“ 


Eve laughed. 


„I was nervous, but not sweaty!“ 


„I mean your perfume, Eve. It smells nice.“ 


„I relieved hearing that.“


In the next moment an employee joined them at their table. It was a woman in her thirties, smiling shyly. 


„Please excuse me, Justin. But… may I have a picture with you?“ she asked politely. 


Justin smiled back at her and nodded. The woman grabbed her phone out of her pocket. Then she bent down to Justin and made a selfie. 


„Thank you so, so much. You made my day, Justin,“ she said and left them alone in the next moment. 


Eve stared at him like seeing a ghost.


„What.Was.That?“ she stammered. 


Justin looked at her, hating the fact that he got busted so quickly. 


„A fan, I suppose,“ he said quietly. 


„A fan?“ Eve repeated, still processing hard. „You have… fans?!“


„I do. A lot,“ he confessed. 


She continued staring at him.


„Put the glasses off,“ she ordered.


Justin sighed and did what she said. She bent her body towards him, giving him a deeper look. Then she suddenly understood. 


„Oh my fucking goodness…“ she talked to herself. 


Justin raised his eyebrows.


„I’m such an idiot…“ she continued talking. 


„I don’t think so,“ Justin replied. 


Eve grabbed her face with both hands. 


„It’s not like I didn’t see all your movies… this is so embarrassing…“ 


Justin smirked. 


„Come on, it’s not. I don’t expect everyone recognizing my face.“ 


„Of course you do! You’re Justin Timberlake, for god’s sake!“ 


Justin cleared his throat. 


„Hey, please relax. I don’t wanna have any further attention here.“ 


„I forced Justin Timberlake giving me his shirt… that’s a new level of awkwardness…“ 


He smiled at her, somehow enjoying her embarrassment. 


„You won’t believe it, but I’m still a human being.“ 


She shook her head.


„You’re not.“ 


He still smiled. 


„Look, um. I enjoyed this. But I have to go now, before…“ 


„Ya. I understand,“ Eve interrupted him.


He cracked another smile and stood up. 


„Thank you for the coffee, Eve.“ 


„Thank you for your shirt, Justin.“ 


Eve watched him leaving the coffee shop and crossing the street through the pane. His driver noticed him, left the car and opened the backseat door. Seconds later Justin disappeared inside. Eve shook her head, still being in shock.


„Nobody. Absolutely nobody will believe that story,“ she was thinking. 



Hey, man. You miss me already?“ JC said, answering his phone. 


„I wanted to know how the job interview was,“ Justin replied. 


JC frowned. 


„Why you care?“ 


„I’m sitting in the car on my way home, being bored. So you gonna tell me or not?“ 


JC sighed. 


„It was a disaster,“ he complained.


„Why?“


„That girl came completely unprepared, T. It was unbelievable. She had no idea who I am.“ 


„Really? It offended your ego, that she didn’t know who you were?“ 


„It’s not like I expected her recognizing my face. But she should at least made the effort googling my name, if she was interested working for me. Don’t you think?“ 


„That’s the reason you’re not hiring her?“ 


„Not only. She was also pretty sassy and her salary expectation was outrageous.“


Justin scoffed.


„You’ll never find an assistant, if you don’t change your attitude, man.“ 


„What the supposed to mean?“ 


„I bet you’ve been grumpy.“ 


„I wasn’t grumpy!“ 


„Her attitude was surely just a reflection of yours.“ 


„Are you saying I screwed things up, not her?“ 


„Possible.“


JC sighed once again. 


„Fine. I was… stern. Maybe too stern. But…“


„You’re scaring people off with your behavior, dude,“ Justin interrupted his friend. „Why is it so hard for you acting openminded and kind for a change?“ 


„I am who I am, T.“ 


„No. This is not who you are. This is who you became after…“ 


„Stop that shit,“ JC warned him. „I don’t wanna talk about it.“ 


„Fine. Then don’t. But I highly recommend rethinking your decision about that girl.“ 


„Why?“ 


„Because very obviously you’ve been driven by your negative emotions again.“ 

 

Did you google the boss? by Patricia

„I can’t believe it.“ 


„I know.“ 


„I mean, I really can’t believe it.“


„I know.“


„This is insanity, Eve. Insanity!“ Sandra said, being in deep shock. 


She just learned from her best friend what has happened this afternoon and tried to process. 


Sandra was having long red wavy hair, green eyes and a sporty body-shape. Like Eve she just turned 30, being single. Sandra was also an assistant at the same company Eve was still working for. Both girls were sitting at Eve’s sofa and enjoying a glass of white wine. 


„How could you not recognize his face? What the hell is wrong with you?“ Sandra continued talking. 


Eve rolled her eyes, taking a sip. 


„You know I have trouble remembering faces.“ 


„But this was Justin Timberlake. Justin.Timberlake. Everybody on that planet knows his face. You hear me? Everybody!“


„Now you’re officially overreacting.“ 


Sandra shook her head. Then she emptied her glass, asking for refill. Eve stood up and went into her open kitchen. She grabbed the wine out of the fridge and returned to the sofa. 


„Leave the bottle here. I really need a lot of alcohol tonight.“ 


Eve chuckled. 


„You’re nuts.“ 


„And you’re… honestly… I have no words to describe what you are…“ Sandra replied. 


Eve sat down next to her again, taking another sip.


„On top of that, you screwed up the job interview.“ Sandra continued blaming. 


Eve took a deep breath. 


„It wasn’t meant to be. I mean, there was coffee on my blouse twice. Twice, Sandy. This was a sign. The universe was very obviously trying to stop me from doing that interview.“


„Ya, probably. But at least you met JT. And you were bold enough asking for his damn shirt.“ 


Eve smirked. 


„I think this is a cool story.“


„Despite of the fact, that you had no idea who you were dealing with, I totally agree.“


„He’s really a nice guy. No superstar attitude or something. Honestly, I’m impressed how down to earth he was.“ 


„And he flirted with you.“ Sandra added, with a shady grin in her face.


„I wouldn’t go that far claiming that.“ 


„He said your perfume smells good.“


„Because it’s a fact. My perfume smells good.“


„Yes, but men don’t say those things without having a hidden agenda.“


„Sandy, please don’t work up into this, okay? He’s married to a Hollywood actress, right? I don’t think I can compete with such a woman.“


„Her name is Jessica Biel, in case you didn’t know.“


„Of course I didn’t know.“ 


Sandra rolled her eyes. 


„You’re impossible. How can it be you know nothing about celebrities?“


„Because I simply don’t care.“


„Then why you applied at a record company?“


„You want an honest answer?“ 


„Of course I want an honest answer.“


„I can walk from here to their office. It takes me less than five minutes. It seemed comfortable, not standing in the traffic jam anymore.“


„I completely understand, as I hate the L.A. traffic, too. But you really should have prepared yourself better.“ 


„I know.“


„Did you google the boss in the meanwhile?“ 


Eve frowned. 


„For what reason should I google this guy after screwing things up?“ 


„Just to make sure, he isn’t another celebrity, which you didn’t recognize.“


„I don’t think so.“


Sandra gave her friend an skeptical look. Then she grabbed her phone out of her pocket.


„What was his name again?“ 


„Chasez.“ 


„First name?“ 


„Dunno.“ 


„Fine, let’s try just the last name.“ 


Eve was curious now and moved a little closer. Both girls were staring at the screen, waiting for the google results. 


„Oh fuck,“ they said at once.


Sandra scrolled hectically through the browser. Then she opened Wikipedia. Both were busy skimming the article. 


„Here you go! He’s a member of *NSYNC. It makes totally sense. Justin was also in the band.“ Sandra said excited.


„Oh. Ya… now everything makes sense.“ Eve repeated, getting lost in thoughts.


Sandra scoffed. 


„Chasez was in a boyband. And you dared talking shit about pop music. I totally understand why he was pissed off.“


„I wonder why Justin didn’t tell me, that he knew the boss. He just said his best friend was working there.“ 


„Well, he didn’t lie to you. He just didn’t tell the whole story.“ 


Eve’s heart suddenly skipped a beat. 


„Jesus! I told him the boss was an asshole!“ 


Sandra laughed out loud. 


„You couldn’t screw up things any harder, girl.“ 


Eve grabbed her face and deeply sighed. 


„Ya. I agree to that.“ 


„But you must know, *NSYNC was a big deal back in those days. I liked their music,“ Sandra said next. 


„I know. You listen to every shit,“ Eve teased. 


„I really mean it. Their songs were good. Bye Bye Bye? Tearin’ up my heart? Any bells ringing?“ 


„I have an idea what you mean,“ Eve said annoyed. „I also lived in the nineties.“ 


„This fact makes things even worse. I can’t stress it enough: How could you not recognize Timberlake’s face?“


Eve rolled his eyes again.


„Get over it, Sandy. It doesn’t matter anymore. I’m pretty sure I’ll never see him again. Or his grumpy bandmate.“




Eve woke up in the next morning by the sound of her cell. She was still half asleep, as she grabbed the phone from her bedside table. There was no caller ID. 


„7 AM. What kind of person calls at 7 AM?“


She decided to let it ring and returned into sleep. 


Half hour later it rang again. Being terribly annoyed, Eve took her phone and picked up.


„Yes?“ she said, her voice still being sleepy.


„Did I wake you up?“ she heard a male voice saying. 


„Who is this?“ she asked confused. 


„JC.“


„Who?“ 


JC rolled his eyes. He tried hard not making an inappropriate comment. 


„JC Chasez.“ 


Eve needed a second to sort her mind. 


„Um, are you sure it’s me you wanted to call? Did you mix something up?“


„I didn’t mix anything up, Ms. Harper.“ JC said with serious voice. 


„Okay. So, what do you want? Did I forget something in your office?“ 


„Honestly spoken, you make things really hard.“ he replied, being annoyed from her offhanded tone. 


„I make things… hard?“


JC rolled his eyes again. Her innuendo was completely out of place. But he decided ignoring her boldness. 


„Are you still interested working for me, Ms. Harper?“


Eve’s heart dropped. 


„Is this the reason you called me?“ she asked in disbelief. 


„It is,“ he replied, his voice being still serious and stern. 


„Oh… um… are you really sure you didn't mix anything up?“ she stammered. 


Josh sighed, trying hard to keep himself calm.


„Answer my question.“ 


Eve was overwhelmed. This was the last thing she expected to happen. She believed she was still dreaming. 


„Depends,“ she finally said. 


„From what?“ he wanted to know. 


„If you’re willing to accept my salary requirement.“ 


„I am. But I want you to know, I have high exceptions in your work.“


„I can deal with that.“ 


There was a short pause. 


„Your notice period is four weeks, as I can tell from your CV,“ he said next. 


„That’s right.“ 


„Can you make it sooner?“ 


„Um… ya… I can ask my boss, if I can leave earlier.“


„Good. Inform me, as soon as you know.“ 


„I will.“ 


There was another pause. 


„Ms. Harper?“ 


„Yes?


„I start work at seven.“


„Well. I don’t,“ she said sassy. 


„Not, yet.“ 


Then he hung up, without saying goodbye. Eve needed a moment to process. 


„Did this really just happen?“ 

 

Flowers by Patricia


„You’re breaking my heart, Eve.“ 


„I know, Christian.“ 


„Our relationship last longer than than my marriage. And it’s definitely healthier.“ 


She smirked. 


„Still, I can’t go back with you.“ 


Christian sighed. 


„Be honest. Is this because of Tom?“ 


Evie leaned back into her chair, sitting opposite of her boss in his office. He was knowing her well. They worked together for almost a decade and became close friends over the years. 


„I can’t imagine going back and seeing him at work again.“


„What exactly are you afraid of? That he’ll manipulate you and make you go back to him?“ 


„No, it’s not like that. I simply don’t wanna see that man ever again, Christian.“


„Okay. I respect your decision. But you really break my heart, girl.“ 


She smiled at him, having a bad conscience. Christian was the best boss she could ever imagine. Giving up on her job truly wasn’t easy for her.


„I will miss you,“ she said. 


„Of course you will.“


Both chuckled. 


„Listen. In case you change your mind, be sure there will be always a place for you in my division. You can come back at any time, understand?“ 


She smiled all over her face and nodded.


„Thank you, Christian.“ 



After talking to her boss, Eve was on her way into the kitchen to make some coffee. Sandra saw her from distance, jumped up from her chair and hurried into her direction.


„What are you doing here that early?“ she asked her friend. 


Eve checked her wrist watch. Usually she wasn’t in the office before nine. Both continued walking next to each other.


„Someone woke me up early,“ Eve explained. 


„Who dared doing that giant mistake?“


„Chasez.“ 


Sandra gave Eve an irritated look. 


„Explain,“ she demanded, being curious what has happened. 


„He offered me the job.“


„Excuse me. What?!“ Sandra squeaked. 


„Please don’t ask me why, because I don’t understand myself.“


They reached the kitchen. Eve started the coffee maker. 


„Then you must have made something right.“ 


Eve shook her head. 


„Whatever this was…“ 


„So?“


„So what?“


„Did you say yes?“ 


„I did.“ 


Sandra stared at her in disbelief.


„But you said he’s an asshole.“ 


Eve cleared her throat. 


„Well. I’m not marrying him, Sandy. It’s just work.“ 


„Really? That’s your new mindset?“ 


„Look, it’s not like I have other options. Maybe it won’t be that bad. But if things don’t run well, I can still look for another job."


Sandra leaned against the counter and crossed her arms. 


„At least, he’s hot,“ she smirked. 


Eve gave her a sleazy grin. 


„Hell, yes.“


„When exactly are you leaving?“


„Two weeks.“ 


„What? No! I need more time to get used to this situation!“ Sandra complained. 


„You’re sweet saying that, honey. But JC asked me, if there was a chance starting earlier. I asked Christian and he agreed.“


„So, JC can’t wait to have you there, hm?“ 


„Obviously.“ 


Sandra pouted.


„This place won’t be the same without you.“


Eve smiled calmly. 


„It’s time for you making friends with the other assistants.“ 


„No chance.“




Two weeks later:


Eve was tired, but she was on time. Due to the fact, that her new workplace was not far away from her apartment, she needn’t to drive by car anymore. Somehow she even enjoyed her short walk through the empty streets from L.A. downtown in the early morning. The air was still cool and refreshing, while the sun was rising slowly. With a cup of coffee from Starbucks, she entered the office building.


„Hi,“ She said friendly to the receptionist. „My name is Eve Harper. I’m starting today at Chasez Records.“ 


„Good morning, Eve. I have your entry card. Please keep it with you all time, while you’re in the building,“ the receptionist replied.


Eve took the card and thanked her. Then she went to the elevators. No one was sitting at the front desk, as she arrived at the fiftieth floor. She went to the glass door and noticed it was closed. Then she checked her watch. It was 6:58 AM. 


„What now? Should I call him?“ Eve wondered. 


She saw her reflection in the glass door and made sure her clothes were in order. She was wearing a tight light blue blouse, black skinny jeans and black ballet flats. Her long hair was sleek and open. She underlined her big eyes with mascara and some delicate eyeshadow. Her lips were devil red. Again she checked her watch, being a little nervous now. It was 7:00 AM. In the same second the elevator arrived and the doors got open. Eve turned around and saw JC stepping outside. 


„Good lord…“ 


Eve felt her heart accelerating. Her breath gone deeper.


„How is he doing this to you?“ she talked to herself in her thoughts.


JC stared at her, while coming closer. He was wearing a white polo shirt, dark blue jeans and white sneakers. His face was fresh shaved. 


„Damn.“ JC was thinking. 


He stopped standing in front of her, noticing that she was pretty small. 


„No killer heels today?“ He teased, without any kind of expression in his face. 


Eve smiled cheeky, opened her Prada hobo bag and put black heels outside. Quickly she put them on, still being one head shorter than him. JC raised his eyebrows.


„Just my walking shoes,“ she explained, pointing at the ballet flats.


„Does it mean you live nearby?“ 


„Yes.“ 


„Good for you.“


JC went to the glass door and put his keys out of his pocket to open up. Then he let her walk in first. She smelled his perfume as she passed him by. It made her feel dizzy.


„He smells good. Of course he does.“ She thought. 


They went through the open space office. There were long desks standing in rows for round about thirty employees. JC stopped at a free table. It was the closest to his office. 


„This is yours,“ he said to Eve. 


There was a landline phone and two big screens standing on it. Eve also noticed a new MacBook, still being packed. 


„Richard will help you setting everything up. He’s our IT guy,“ JC explained. 


„Okay.“


„Let’s sit in my office. I’ll give you a short introduction what we’re doing here.“ 


Eve nodded and followed him inside. She sat down opposite of him at his desk. JC looked at her for a moment.


„Does she know how beautiful she is?“ he thought. 


Then he cleared his throat. 


„Do you have any idea how an independent record label works?“ he asked. 


„Yes,“ she answered confidently. 


JC raised his eyebrows again.


„Would you mind to explain?“ 


„Your label is organized quite similar to the big players like Sony, Universal or Warner. You’re the owner and president. But you’re not dealing with business affairs and legal stuff on your own, as this is not your core competence. You’re responsible for A&R, artist development, product marketing, promoting and new media. For the boring parts you have Eric Podwall, your vice president. Furthermore you do songwriting and producing, but that business is separated from your label.“


JC was impressed, but tried hard not to show it.


„Still we do things differently here, comparing to the big players,“ JC said. 


„I’m aware of that. As an independent label you’re not restricted to long cooperate approval processes. You can use creative marketing and financing tactics. And you can understand new trends faster.“


„Looks like you do know how google works.“


Eve just looked at him, not liking his teasing.


JC noticed and decided changing the subject.


„We are not formal here. You can call me JC,“ he offered. 


„Why?“ she asked.


„Why what?“ 


„Why people call you JC?“


„I’m not in the mood explaining this to you.“ 


„Why not?“ 


„Just google it.“ 


In the next moment a man knocked at the open glass door. 


„Good morning, boss. Sorry for being late. I forgot setting the alarm,“ he stammered.


„You’re fine,“ JC replied.


„Eve, this is Richard. He’ll help you with your hardware. 


She looked at him and smiled. Richard was a lanky guy in his thirties, wearing nerdy glasses and having messy dirty blond hair. His appearance why shy and insecure. He smiled back at Eve and flushed a little. 


„Um… I sit opposite of your desk… that’s where you’ll find me,“ he said. 


Eve nodded and thanked him. Then she gave her attention back to JC. He continued talking. 


„Your main task is organizing my day. At some point I want you to represent me in meetings. That why you have to be always updated about our clients and their currents projects. Of course you have to be perfectly informed about our business partners, as well. Please never underrate the importance of public relations and social networking.“


After talking about further business related topics, JC checked his wrist watch. 


„I guess this was it for now. Our weekly team meeting is scheduled at eight. I will introduce you to the rest of the staff then.“


Eve nodded and stood up. She expected him to say something nice and wishing her a good start. But he didn’t. She forced a short smile and left his office.


„Stop staring at her ass!“ JC thought.


He had a perfect view at her desk through his glass wall. His eyes were still on her, as she sat down and begun unpacking her laptop. Then he saw Nicole coming closer, with a big bunch of colorful flowers in her hand. She stopped standing in front of Eve, smiling friendly. Eve frowned. 


„These are for you,“ Nicole explained and gave her the bouquet. 


„Really?“ Eve asked surprised.


There was a small card on top of the flowers. She took it and opened it up. 


Congrats to your new job, Eve!

Looks like my shirt brought you luck. You’re welcome ;)

See ya, J

 

Little detail by Patricia


Eve stared at the note in pure disbelief.


„Are those from an admirer?“ Nicole asked curiously, still standing next to her. 


Eve begun smiling all over her face. 


„No, um… they are from Justin.“


Nicole opened her eyes wide. 


„Okay, listen. You and I are having lunch today. And then you’ll explain to me why Justin is sending you flowers,“ Nicole requested. 


„Deal.“ Eve replied, being happy about Nicole’s offer spending their lunch break together.


„Can’t wait, see you later,“ Nicole said, before returning to the front desk. 


JC was watching the scene. He didn’t like the fact, that someone was sending Eve flowers. 


„Um, Richard?“ Eve said to get his attention. 


Again he flushed, looking back at her.


„Yes, Eve? You want me to help you with the laptop now?“


„This would be lovely. But first I need a vase for my flowers.“


„Oh um… maybe there’s one in the kitchen.“ 


„Would you mind to show me where to find the kitchen?“ 


„Ya, sure… of course,“ he stammered and stood up in the next moment. 


As they arrived, Richard hectically started opening all cupboards. Eve noticed she was making him nervous and smiled calmly.


„Um… here… you think this works?“ he asked, having a big empty jar in his hand. 


She took the jar, still smiling.


„Thank you.“ 


Then she filled it up with tap water. 


Richard used the free moment and switched on the coffee maker.


„You want some, as well?“ he asked shyly. 


„Yes, please.“ 


Both returned to their desks, when the coffee was ready. Eve put her flowers into the jar and smelled at them. 


„Justin sent them, you said?“ Richard dared asking. 


Eve smiled again. 


„Yes. I’m truly surprised about his gesture.“ 


„You’re friends or something?“


She shook her head.


„No, I just met him once. He helped me when I was here for my job interview.“


Richard nodded, taking a sip of his coffee.


Suddenly a man with black short hair and deep brown eyes appeared at their desks, with a bright smile in his face. Both looked at him.


„Good morning. You must be Jay’s assistant.“


„I’m Eve,“ she answered and stood up in the same moment. 


Both shook hands briefly. 


„I’m Eric, the vice president,“ he introduced himself. „I’m happy to learn more about you in our team meeting.“ 


„Sure.“ 


„Well, then. Have a good start. See you later.“


Eve thanked him and smiled. Eric continued walking. He entered JC’s office and closed the door. JC was engrossed in reading an email.


„Why you forgot to mention, that she’s hot as fuck?“ Eric blamed him. 


JC sighed and looked at his friend. 


„Is she?“ he talked back. 


„Do you need new glasses or are you just shitting me?“ 


„My glasses are fine.“


Eric crossed his arms and gave him a dirty grin. 


„You really wanna watch that ass all day long, without having it?“


JC rolled his eyes. 


„Why must you always be that low, Ricky?“


„I’m not low. I’m realistic. But why do I care? That ass is your problem, not mine.“ 



Eric’s office was next to JC’s. There was also a conference room, which was big enough to have team meetings with the whole staff. 


Short before 8:00 AM the open space area filled up with people. 


„It’s time for the team meeting,“ Richard said, sitting next to Eve.


He interrupted his work at her laptop and stood up. She did the same and followed him into the conference room. Some employees were curiously looking at Eve, as she took a seat at the long table. A moment later Nicole appeared and sat down at the free chair next her. Both girls smiled at each other. Eric and JC joined the group short after.


„Good morning.“ JC started talking. „As you noticed, we’re having a new colleague. Eve is my assistant. She will be involved in every current project. I expect all of you helping her working into the daily business quickly.“


Then he looked at her.


„You wanna say few words?“


„Sure,“ Eve replied.


She introduced herself firmly, talked about her prior job and thanked everybody in advance for helping with her onboarding. Her colleagues listened carefully and welcomed her in the team. She felt immediately accepted and was relieved, that everybody seemed being openminded and kind.   


After talking about current topics, the meeting was over. Everybody returned to their desks. Eric and JC stopped standing in the doorstep of JC’s office. 


„Hey listen, Jay. I need to go and take care for few things. The party, you know?“ Eve heard Eric saying. 


JC rolled his eyes. 


„Do whatever you need to do,“ he replied.



It took a while until Eve’s laptop was ready. 


„Thank you, Richy,“ she said, as he finished his work. 


Richard raised his eyebrows, being surprised she was calling him that way. She noticed his confusion and smiled.


„Is it okay when I call you Richy?“


„Um, sure.“ 


Nicole showed up in the next moment.


„Ready for lunch?“ 


Eve checked her wristwatch and was surprised, that it was almost noon. Then she nodded and smiled. 


„What about you, Richy?“ Eve asked him. „You join us?“ 


Richard flushed, not expecting this question. 


„Um… no… I brought my own food. Thank you,“ he stammered. 


„He’s allergic to almost everything,“ Nicole teased and gave him an cheeky smile. 


Richard glanced at her and flushed even more. 


„Come on, Eve. I’m starving,“ Nicole rushed her.


JC watched the girls walking away. Short time later Richard left as well to eat his food in the kitchen. JC decided to make a short walk to the next food truck around the corner. As he passed Eve’s desk he gazed at her flowers and the card on top of them. 


„Don’t do that.“ He talked to himself in his thoughts. 


But then he ignored his conscience, took the note and read it. 


„Who’s J?“ he was thinking. 




There was a big cafeteria at the ground floor. Of course it was crowded at lunch time, but luckily the girls found a free table. Both decided having chicken salad.


„So…?“ Nicole asked eagerly with a big smile in her face. 


Eve smiled back.


„So what?“ 


„You and Justin?“ 


Eve chuckled. 


„It’s not what you think.“


„What am I thinking?“


„That something is going on.“


„Definitely something is going on. Now spill.“ 


Eve told her the whole story about her dirty shirt and what happened after her job interview. Nicole listened carefully and was shocked, that Eve didn’t recognized Justin’s face. She couldn’t stop herself from laughing. 


„I know. My friend Sandy was also outraged. But I really have trouble remembering faces.“ Eve tried to justify herself. 


„You’re unbelievable. But I must say, I love that story,“ Nicole replied. 


Eve just smiled. Nicole suddenly raised one eyebrow and gave her a dirty look. 


„Now tell what you think about our boss,“ she said next. 


„Actually, I understand now what you meant when you said, that he’s a little difficult,“ Eve answered. 


Nicole nodded. 


„I’m working at his firm from the beginning. But I can’t remember seeing him smile even once in the past two years.“ 


„Are you serious?“ Eve asked in disbelief. 


„I am. He’s super serious, never does any small talk and has pretty high expectations. But the team respects him. They learn a lot from his experiences in the music industry. He has incredible instincts, knowing from the beginning, if an artist has the potential to sell records or not. For some of those he even does songwriting and producing. You won’t find these kind of close cooperation at any other independent label. That’s why his firm has a great reputation at the market.“


Eve listened carefully and nodded. 


„And…“ Nicole added, grinning dirty again. 


„And what?““


"He’s abnormally hot.“ 


Eve smirked. 


„Ya, I noticed that little detail.“



One hour later the girls went back to work. Eve was glad, that she found a new friend in Nicole. Before she reached her desk, she heard JC calling for her. She stopped standing in his doorstep. He pierced her with his deep blue eyes.


„Yes, JC?“ she asked politely.


„Are you fit for work?“ 


„Um, I guess I am. Richard finished setting up my laptop before lunch.“ 


„Talking about lunch…“


Eve raised her eyebrows, waiting for him to move on.


„I expect you to inform me, when you do a break.“ 


„You want me to ask for permission to eat?“


She sounded more bitchy, than she intended to be. 


„I said, you have to inform me.“


Eve forced a smile. 


„Of course, boss. Is there anything else I can do for you?“ 


„Yes. Stop that cynical tone.“


Eve’s smile immediately disappeared. Then the turned around and returned to her desk. 


„Are you good?“ Richard asked, as she let herself fall at her chair.


„Honestly, I don’t understand why he hired me,“ she replied quietly.


Richard smiled. 


„You just have to get used to him. He may seem coldhearted, but he’s not a bad person.“ 

 

You lied by Patricia


The same night Eve was in her kitchen with Sandra, preparing some dinner. Instead of helping her, Sandra was busy drinking a glass of red wine. They were talking about Eve’s first day at work. 


„Christian and I didn’t have a situation like this in ten years. Not even close,“ Eve complained. 


„Come on. Evy. Don’t work up into this. He just asked you to tell him, when you leave for lunch. It’s not a big deal.“ 


Eve gave her a warning look.


„Are you on his side now?“ 


Sandra chuckled. 


„I can imagine the outraged look in your face, as you heard him saying that.“


„What that supposed to mean?“


„You lose your temper quickly.“


„I didn’t lose my temper!“ 


„But I bet you made him understand clearly how much he pissed you off with this.“ 


„I just hate those unnecessary power games, Sandy!“ 


„Still, he’s the boss. Not the way around.“ 


Eve took a deep breath and sighed. 


„I already miss Christian. Maybe I should go with him. Maybe all of this was a big mistake.“


Sandra sighed, as well. 


„Look. Christian is leaving in few weeks. If things continue being shitty with JC, you can still go. But don’t you dare giving up after just one day.“ 




Eve arrived at 7:02 AM at work in the next morning. She was tired. Standing up that early was torture for her. With a big coffee cup from Starbucks she entered the empty open space office.


„Good morning,“ she said, standing in JC’s doorstep. 


He scanned her body from head to toe. She was wearing a tight denim dress and black heeled ankle boots. Her hair was put together into a sleek ponytail. Her make up was sexy as always. 


„You’re late,“ JC replied. 


Eve checked her wristwatch. 


„Are you serious?“


„You lied about your German punctuality.“


If looks could kill, JC were immediately dead.


„Why exactly you expect me to be here at 7 o’clock in the morning, if no one else is around?“ she asked, trying hard to stay calm.  


„I am here at 7 o’clock in the morning.“ 


„And for what reason, if I may ask?“ 


„Obviously you didn’t make yourself familiar with my time schedule. Because if you did, you would have noticed, that I’m in the studio each day in the afternoon.“ 


„Does it mean I can finish work early, as a return for starting in the middle of the night?“


JC scoffed. 


„Your boldness is remarkable, Eve. I pay you 70 grand and you dare asking, if you can finish work early, just because I’m not around in the afternoon for few hours?“ 


„Why are you overreacting? This was just a simple question.“


JC bent his upper body in her reaction, obviously being mad at her.


„I am not tolerating you talking to me like that.“ 


„Please explain like that,“ she continued arguing.


„You are disrespectful.“ 


„That makes to of us.“ 


JC was seething with rage.


„Get out of my face.“ 


Eve turned around and went to her desk. Her heart was beating out of control. She felt her eyes filling with tears.


„Oh no! Hell will freeze over, before you cry because of him!“ She warned herself in her thoughts. 


But few angry tears left her eyes anyway. She tried hard not to sob. 


„Pull yourself together!“



JC watched her through the glass wall. She was sitting with her back into his direction. Still he noticed that she was crying, as she hastily wiped her cheeks. His anger immediately turned into regret. 


„You’re such a giant asshole,“ he blamed himself.


He saw her putting her cell out of her black Celine shopper and typing a text. 


„Please call me, when you have a minute.“ [Eve]


Few seconds later her phone rang. She stared at the display for a short moment. Then she raised herself and hurried into the lady’s bathroom. JC’s curiosity reached its peak. He needed to know what this was about. 


„You’re so pathetic,“ he was thinking, as he left his office to follow her to the bathroom. 


He stopped standing in front of the closed door and listen secretly, as she was talking on the phone.


„Why are you texting me that early?“ 


„Listen, Christian. I changed my mind. I’ll go with you.“


„First of all explain what exactly has happened.“


„I just cried at work. This is the first time something like that happened to me.“ 


„Come on, girl. You’re not a quitter. Since when you lose your shit when things get difficult, hm?“


„I blame myself for acting this way. But fact is, my new boss hates me with every cell of his body and he’ll will fire me anyway. It’s just a matter of time.“ 


Christian took a deep breath. 


„You really think that?“ 


„I am 100% sure.“ 


„Okay. I’ll prepare your papers.“ 


„Thank you, Christian. As soon as I have the new contract, I’ll resign.“ 



JC felt like the worst person on earth. He was aware of, that he gave her a hard time from the beginning. It was a matter of fact, that he wasn’t easy to handle. Even his closest friends used to blame him for turning into a grump. But it was hard breaking bad habits. 


When Eve finished her phone call, he disappeared quickly into the men’s bathroom. He was thinking about how to makes things up to her. He felt truly sorry, that she believed he was hating her. But admitting a mistake was definitively something he wasn’t used to do. 



At 9:00 AM Richard arrived at his desk. Eve looked at him and frightened. 


„Dear lord… what happened to you, Richy?“ she asked concerned. 


Richard’s face was completely red and swollen. 


„I had Chinese food for dinner yesterday night. There must have been peanuts in the sauce.“ 


„Did you take meds?“ 


„Yes, I have meds for emergencies like that. But it takes some time, till the swelling completely disappears.“


In the next moment their colleague Peter stopped standing in front of them. He saw Richard’s face and begun laughing. 


„With that face you can work at a chamber of horrors,“ he teased. 


Richard felt intimidated, not knowing how to reply. Peter continued talking. 


„You can’t be serious showing up in public like this. You look like a freak.“ 


As Eve was in a bad mood anyway, she decided not tolerating Peter’s mean comments. She stood up from her chair, crossed her arms and stopped standing in front of him. 


„Well… even in this condition Richard is more attractive than you ever will be,“ she talked back. 


Peter scoffed, crossing his arms, as well. 


„Very obviously you must he blind.“ 


„I’m certainly not. Richard’s intelligence and kindness is sexy as fuck. You on the other hand have absolutely nothing to offer.“ 


Peter felt offended and gave her a dismissive look. Then he turned around and went away. Richard looked at Eve in pure disbelief. 


„Thank you for doing this. But… it wasn’t necessary,“ he stammered. 


„I said only the truth. You are very attractive. The only problem is, you don’t see it.“ 


If Richard’s face wasn’t already red, he would have completely blushed in that moment. 


„Don’t worry, Richy. I’m not hitting on you. I know, that your heart is already occupied,“ Eve continued talking. 


Richard’s stomach immediately dropped. He stared at her like seeing a ghost. Eve smiled and bent down a little to whisper in his ear. 


„I noticed how you look at Nicole.“


„Um… what… no… um… I’m not…“ 


„Relax. Your secret is save,“ She interrupted him. „But I really think you should ask her out.“ 


JC watched the whole scene, sitting at his desk. He was aware of, that Peter enjoyed harassing Richard. Eve didn’t think twice, as she decided to stick up for him. Her empathy impressed JC. At the same time he felt shitty about himself, as he never rebuked Peter for his behavior. 


A phone call brought JC back to reality.


„Yes, Nicole?“


„I have Christian Schmidt for you on hold.“ 


„Christian Schmidt? I don’t know anyone with that n…“ 


JC didn’t finish his sentence, as he suddenly had an idea who this person must be.


„Wait a second,“ he said and stood up to shut his door. Then he returned to his desk and grabbed the phone.


„Put him through.“ 


„Good morning, Mr. Chasez,“ Christian said friendly. „Thank you for answering my call.“ 


„What can I do for you?“ JC asked. 


Christian took a deep breath, before answering. 


„Please tell me what’s your problem with my prior assistant.“ 


„I don’t think I owe you any kind of explanation,“ JC replied. 


„Of course you don’t. But as she’s going to quit her job just after two days, I have reason to be concerned. We used to work together for almost a decade. Losing her as my assistant was truly painful. She’s not just smart, hardworking, reliable and inventive. She also has a good heart. What must have happened, that she’s convinced there is no future for her in your firm, Mr. Chasez?“ 


Josh sighed, before he answered. 


„She has trouble subordinating herself and follow simple directives.“


„Are you saying, you’re not able dealing with a confident woman?“ 


„I can deal with confidence, Mr. Schmidt. What I don’t tolerate is, when my assistant contradicts and put my requirements into question.“ 


„I see. Well, I just wanted to let you know, that I already arranged her re-employment. She’ll go back with me to Germany.“


„I’m surprised, that she changed her mind about going back home.“


„It’s not like she’s having a choice.“


There was a short pause. The imagination not seeing Eve ever again made JC feel sick.


„This conversation was confidential, Mr. Chasez. Have a great day.“ Christian said next. 


„Wait,“ JC stopped him from hanging up.


„Yes?“ 


„I’ll fix this.“


„How?“ 


„That’s not your business.“ 


Christian scoffed. 


„You really suck on a personal level. I hope you know that.“ 


„That’s also not your business.“ 


„I agree. But please take my well meant advice and reflect your own behavior, before claiming again, that Eve is the one who’s hard to handle.“

 

End Notes:

How's your first impression? I'm a little insecure with that story, to be honest. The storyline is not giving much room for my ususal twists and turns. But I hope you still enjoy. 

Breaking the ice by Patricia

It was short before lunch time. Eve didn’t get any tasks from JC the whole morning. As she was going to quit, she didn’t see any reason reading up on current projects and was terribly bored. Luckily Nicole suggested having lunch with her again. It was her highlight of the day. 


As it turned 12:00 PM she took a deep breath and stood up. She hated informing JC, that she was going for lunch. She wished not talking to him at all. But that wasn’t an option. 


JC saw her walking in his direction. He couldn’t tell, if she was sad or angry. Probably she was both. She stopped standing in the doorstep. 


„I’m out for lunch,“ she said emotionless. 


JC nodded. Before she turned around and left, he decided to make her stop.


„Eve?“ 


„Yes, JC?“


„What did you do the whole morning?“ 


„Nothing,“ she replied.


It was the truth. She did absolutely nothing and just thought about her relocation to Germany. She needed to sell her apartment quickly, which she loved so much. Leaving L.A. was breaking her heart. But that’s how things were now. Staying in the US being unemployed and just hoping to find a new job in the next couple of weeks was too risky. 


„Close the door,“ he ordered. 


Eve did what he said and felt deep anger rising up again. She knew one wrong word from him would make her explode like a nuclear bomb. It was a smart decision closing the door, first. 


„Please sit,“ he said next, pointing at the chair opposite him. 


„I have a lunch date,“ she replied. 


„I’m sure Nicole will understand.“ 


Eve rolled her eyes and took her seat. She crossed her legs and her arms, still staring at him. He looked back at her and got lost in the moment. Her attitude was turning him on badly. He imagined having rough sex with her at his desk and realized quickly, that he was getting hard.


„Stop it!“ He talked to himself in his mind. 


Then he cleared his throat and returned to reality. 


„Let’s try this again,“ he said.


„Try what?“ 


„Obviously we’ve had a bad start.“ 


Eve scoffed. 


„Calling it bad start is giant understatement.“


JC understood, that she was mad at him and tried very hard to keep himself calm.


„I don’t want you to quit, Eve. Neither I plan firing you.“


She was very surprised hearing him say that. Was he reading her mind?


„Why not?“ she wanted to know. 


„Because I’m fucking crazy for you and can do nothing about it,“ he thought. 


„Why not?“ she repeated, as he was lost in thoughts. 


JC cleared his throat again.


„I believe we can make things work, if both of us learn to control our stubbornness.“ 


„I’m not stubborn.“


He raised his eyebrows. 


„Eve realized in that moment, that she needed to show some good will, as well.“ 


„Why are you always in a bad mood?“ she wanted to know. 


„I’m not always in a bad mood,“ he answered. 


„Are you saying, that’s your happy face?“


JC noticed she enjoyed teasing him and was restraining a smile. He was aware of, that she was easy making friends with. She was openminded and kind and even her sass was brutally charming. But if he opened up himself to her, he would lose control and fall for her even harder, than he already did. 


„Yes, it is. But my Friday face is even brighter,“ he talked back. 


„Oh, really? Can’t wait to see that.“


„Means, you’re not quitting?“


„Not before Friday.“ 


There was a small smirk on JC’s lips. 


„Did you just broke the ice, Eve?“ she was thinking. 


„Good, as we clarified that, enjoy your break after having such a busy morning.“ 


Eve stood up and gave him a sassy grin.


„Awww, I’m so happy you appreciate my hard work.“ 


Then she turned around and left his office. JC watched her walking away and shook his head. 


„That ass is too much for your nerves… she’s too much for your nerves… you’re so, so screwed, man…“ 




„I’m sorry for keeping you busy with my new contract,“ Eve apologized. 


She just explained to Christian on the phone what has happened with JC, after finishing work for today. 


„Don’t worry, girl. The only thing which matters to me is, that you’re happy.“


Eve sighed. 


„Certainly I’m not happy at this point. But JC very obviously noticed that things went terribly wrong. And he’s willing to give us another chance.“


„It’s a smart move not giving up that quickly. And as I already told you, my door will always be open for you. Just look how things turn out.“ 


„Thank you so much, Christian. You’re awesome.“


„And so are you.“ 




It was 7:45 AM in the next morning. JC completely overslept and hated it. He entered the office building, hurried to the elevators and arrived at the fiftieth floor short after. As the doors got open, he saw Eve sitting at one of the sofas in the waiting area. She was holding a coffee cup from Starbucks in her hand and was asleep. JC stopped standing in front of her and watched her for a moment. Her face looked peaceful and calm. He smiled without noticing.  


„You want to kiss this devil red lips so bad…“ 


The other elevator brought him back to reality. Nicole stepped outside, wondering what was going on in the waiting area. She went to JC and started giggling, as she saw Eve sleeping at the sofa. 


„That poor thing is not an early bird. Why are you torturing her?“ Nicole asked. 


„I’m not an early bird, either. It’s a matter of self discipline,“ he answered. 


Nicole checked her wristwatch and raised her eyebrows. 


„Don’t say it,“ he warned her. 


She scoffed and went to her desk. JC gave his attention back to Eve and cleared his throat loudly. 


Eve opened her eyes and gave him a smugly grin. 


„You’re late.“ 


She stretched herself, before standing up right in front of him. The smell of her perfume made him feel dizzy.  


„No lame excuses?“ she continued teasing. 


„You snore,“ he lied, just to tease her back. 


Eve gave him an outraged look.


„I don’t!“ she contradicted.


„Lie to yourself, if it makes you feel better.“ 


Then he went to the glass door and opened up. 


„Nicole, please make sure Eve receives an own master key,“ he said, before entering the open space office. 



Few hours later Eve was engrossed in work. JC asked her to make herself familiar with all current productions and prepare a status update for his meeting with his producers after lunch. 


At some point she made a short break, as she needed to pee. Feeling a little stressed, she rushed out of the bathroom, as she was finished. 


„Outch!!!“ She suddenly heard a male voice yelling.


She noticed, that she must have hurt somebody, as she hastily opened the bathroom door. 


„Oh no…“


Eve was shocked and amused at the same time, as she saw Justin rubbing his forehead. He also spilled his coffee over his light blue t-shirt. 


„This must be a joke.“ he complained, as he saw Eve’s face. 


She started laughing and wasn’t able pulling herself together again. Justin tried staying serious, but it was hopeless.


„You think this is funny, hm?“ 


Eve nodded, trying hard to calm down somehow. 


„I’m sorry… I really am…“


„I want your shirt!“ he joked. 


Again she bursted out laughing. He smiled all over his face, enjoying her amusement. 


„I’m not giving you my shirt, but I can try to fix yours. Come on,“ she finally answered.


She grabbed his hand and pulled him into the kitchen. Then she took a fresh kitchen towel, made it wet and stepped in front of Justin.


There was a sudden intimacy between them. He gazed at her, as she was rubbing the fabric gently, still having a big grin on his face. 


„You owe me another coffee,“ he said. 


She glanced into his eyes, giving him a charming smile.


„I agree. Is your forehead okay?“  


He touched his little bump, giving her a reproachful look.


„I have a foto shoot this afternoon.“ 


Again she chuckled. 


„Don’t worry. They have foto shop.“ 


„You are a dangerous woman.“ 


„Instead blaming me, you should better stop walking with open beverages through the office.“


„Believe me, I learned my lesson.“ 


Both smiled at each other again. In the same moment JC entered the kitchen, being completely irritated seeing them standing close. He felt jealousy rising up. 


„What are you doing here?“ he asked to get their attention. 


Both turned their heads in his direction. 


„She ruined my shirt,“ Justin replied, looking at his friend. 


„I didn’t ruin anything. Look, the spot is gone,“ she contradicted.


„But I’m wet now.“


„Being wet is not a bad thing.“ 


„Did she really just said that?“ Both men were thinking at the same time. 


Eve enjoyed shocking them and stepped back from Justin. She put the towel aside and gave him another smile. 


„Hey, um… thank you for the flowers, Justin. They’re beautiful.“ 


„My pleasure,“ he replied. 


„Let me know, when you’re free for a coffee date.“ 


„Be sure I will.“ 

 

I'll fix this by Patricia


Eve walked out of the kitchen. JC closed the door, crossed his arms and gave Justin a stern look.


„Why you send my assistant flowers?“ 


„Why not?“


JC frowned. 


„Are you hitting on her?“ 


„Not intentionally.“


„Not intentionally? What that supposed to mean?“ 


„Dunno… things just happen naturally between us,“ Justin tried to explain. 


„Naturally?“


„Ya.“


„Do you know her from a prior thing?“ 


„No. We just bumped into each other on the day of her interview. I spilled my coffee over her shirt, she asked me to lent her mine and then we ended up at Starbucks.“  


JC couldn’t believe what he was listening to.


„She asked for your shirt?!“


„Yes.“ 


„And you gave it to her?!“


„Yes.“ 


JC needed a moment to sort his mind.


„That’s why you called me the same day and asked about her interview! Now everything makes sense!“ 


„She told me she screwed things up and I wanted to know why.“


„Wait… did she ask you to convince me to hire her anyway?!“ 


„What? No! She had no idea you and I were friends. She didn’t recognize my face, either.“


„Are you serious?!“


„I swear, she had no idea.“


„Why you didn’t tell me all of this, T?!“ 


Justin sighed. 


„I didn’t want to manipulate your decision.“


„But that’s exactly what happened! You manipulated my decision!“


„That’s not true. All I did was giving you a well meant advice.“


JC gave him another reproachful look. 


„Are you regretting you changed your mind?“ Justin asked next. 


„Honestly, I don’t know.“ 


„Why not?“ 


„Because…“ 


JC stopped talking. 


„Because what?“ 


„She’s… challenging…“


Justin raised his eyebrows. 


„Are we talking about her character or the way she looks?“ 


JC just stared at him, without answering. Justin started smiling smugly. 


„She’s giving you a hard time, hm?“ 


„Stop that shit, T.“ JC warned him. 


Then he opened the door again.


„Let’s go for lunch. I’m starving.“ 




The next days Eve and JC tried hard being polite to each other and things started running good between them. Still JC didn’t allow himself opening up to her and kept things very formal.


On Friday morning Eve stopped standing in his doorstep and gave him a cheeky look.


„What do you want?“ he asked irritated.


„I’m waiting for your Friday face,“ she answered. 


„It’s too early for my Friday face.“ 


„But it’s Friday.“


„No, it’s Friday morning. There’s a difference.“


Eve smiled and went to her desk. JC watched her walking away. He could watch her for hours like this. She didn’t have the tiniest idea how hard he already fell for her. 



In the afternoon Eve heard her cell ringing. She grabbed it out of her bag and picked up.


„Sandy-Candy… what’s up?“


„You still didn’t tell me in which club we are going tonight,“ Sandra complained. 


„Do we need to choose now?“


„Yes, I’m at Macy’s and wondering what to buy, so tell me where we’re going.“ 


„A club is a club. I don’t understand your outfit struggle.“


Sandra sighed annoyed.


„How can you say that?! I need to know, if we hook up with bankers or lawyers. There’s a difference, Eve. You should know that by now.“ 


Eve chuckled. 


„Well, I’m for the lawyers. They are more generous,“ she joked.


„So? The Sound it is tonight?“


„Yap, Sound sounds good.“ 


„Great, see ya later.“


JC listened to Eve’s conversation. When she finished her call, he grabbed his phone out of his pocket and started typing. 


„I wanna go out tonight.“ [Jay]


„Who are you and what did you do to my boring friend, who prefers staying at home all weekend, doing absolutely nothing?“ [Ricky]


„Make sure the VIP lounge at the Sound is free for us.“ [Jay]




Short before midnight Eve and Sandra were standing in line to enter the night club. Eve was wearing a sleeveless black mini dress and black heels. Her long hair was waved and open. Her make up was sexy as usual. Sandra chose a black leather skirt and a tight white blouse for tonight. 


A bouncer was passing the line and stopped standing next to them. He scanned both from head to toe, before giving them a charming smile. 


„Follow me, ladies.“ 


The girls looked at each other and smiled self satisfied. It wasn’t the first time a bouncer let them skip the line. 


„Thank you, sir,“ both flirted. 


„You’re very welcome,“ he replied, before they entered the club. 



JC was sitting in the VIP lounge next to Eric and sipping his Bourbon. The lounge was at the first floor, giving them a perfect view at the bar and the whole dance floor. JC was relieved it was too noisy for having senseless conversation with Eric’s superficial friends, who joined them at their table. 


As he was looking down at the bar, he suddenly noticed Eve with her friend. The girls found two free seats and ordered drinks. Before their cocktails arrived, two good looking guys appeared. They ordered beer and paid for the girl’s drinks, as well. JC felt jealousy raising up. Just the imagination Eve could end up with one of these guys in bed tonight made him feel terribly sick. 

 

„What’s wrong, Jay?“ Eric shouted in his ear.


„Nothing,“ he replied and finished his Bourbon.


„Stop shitting me, man. You’ve been watching someone,“ Eric continued talking. 


The waitress arrived at their table. JC ordered another Bourbon. Eric looked at the crowded bar. It didn’t take him long to find the reason for JC’s sudden bad mood. 


„Jay?“ he asked eagerly. 


„Hm?“ 


„Are we here tonight because of Eve?“ 


JC didn’t answer. 


„Fuck, man! I knew it! You’re hot for your assistant!“ 


JC still didn’t answer.


„Look. If you bang her, you must fire right after,“ Eric continued talking. 


„I’m not planning to hook up with her tonight.“


„Then why the hell are we here?“ 


JC sighed.


„You’re right. This was a mistake.“


JC stood up.


„Come on, man. Stop acting like a stupid kid,“ Eric replied. 


The waitress arrived with his drink. JC took the glass and let himself fall back into his lounge chair. 


„If you don’t wanna bang her, what is this about, hm?“ Eric continued asking. 


JC shook his head.


„I don’t know.“


Eric raised his eyebrows.


„You don’t know?“ 


JC stared at his friend for a moment.


„She’s in my head all day and night. It’s brutal,“ he finally confessed. 


Eric eyes went open wide. 


„Dude. That sounds serious.“ 


JC just nodded. Eric looked at the bar again. One of those guys was standing dangerously close to Eve.


„We need to do something about that situation,“ Eric said, pointing at the bar. 


JC didn’t dare looking.


„I’ll fix this.“ Eric added and stood up in the next moment. 


JC watched him walking away and talking to a bouncer. 


„What was that?“ he asked irritated, when Eric returned to his seat. 


„Just wait and see.“ 

 

End Notes:

Should I upload new chapters on certain days per week or are you okay if they come irregulary? 

Can I ask something? by Patricia

„Is there a chance to continue our conversation at a more quiet place?“ one of the guys whispered in Eve’s ear.


„Um, we just arrived here,“ Eve replied. 


„I’m pretty sure my friend and your friend don’t need our company,“ the guy said next. 


„Still, I prefer just having another drink and enjoying the music.“ 


In the next moment a bouncer stopped standing next to them. 


„Gentlemen, I kindly ask you to follow me to the exit,“ he said to both men.


„Is there a problem?“ the guy, who was hitting on Eve, asked.


„Not yet,“ the bouncer answered. 


„We did nothing wrong,“ the other guy complained. 


The bouncer bent down to his ear. 


„I must inform you, that unfortunately you’re hitting on the wrong ladies.“ 


„What that supposed to mean?“ 


„If you don’t follow my orders, things will turn unpleasant.“



JC and Eric watched the bouncer escorting both guys to the exit. 


„What the hell, Ricky?!“ JC asked in disbelief. 


„You’re welcome,“ Eric said self satisfied. 


„What did you tell the bouncer?“ 


„You mean, how much did I pay the bouncer.“ 


JC should have been used to those situations. Eric solved all problems with money. But it felt completely wrong interfering in Eve’s private life like that. 


„I don’t want you doing this ever again,“ he said to his friend. 


„Why are you such an ungrateful asshole?“ Eric complained.


„This was senseless! I guarantee you someone else will be hitting on her in less than five minutes.“ 


„Do you think I’m an idiot? I paid the bouncer for the whole night.“ Eric said, with a smugly look in his face. 



„This was a weird night,“ Sandra slurred, sitting at the backseat of a taxi next to Eve.


„Yap,“ Eve slurred back.


„And I’m broke. Honestly, I didn’t know drinks were so expensive.“


„Yap.“


„This was it… no one wants us anymore…“ 


Eve rolled her eyes. 


„No, no, no… I’m sure there must be an explanation.“


„The explanation is, we’re getting old.“


„That’s nonsense. The bouncer let us skip the line, then the two guys appeared… everything worked as always to this point…“ 


„Why do you think the guys needed to leave the club?“ 


„I have no idea. But I’m sure this was the reason, why no one else dared talking to us for the rest of the night.“ 




After the usual team meeting on Monday morning, Eve saw Eric leaving the office. Last week he was barely around. She wondered what he was doing all day, instead of doing his job on the spot. 


„Eve?“ JC shouted to get her attention.


She stood up from her desk and went into his office.


„Yes, JC?“ 


„Please close the door and sit with me for a moment.“ 


She did what he asked for and sat down opposite of him. He pierced her with his deep blue eyes. Every time he did that, it gave her a deep shiver. She was sure he had the most beautiful eyes she’d ever seen.


„What can I do for you?“ she asked, as he didn’t stop staring. 


JC cleared his throat. 


„How do you feel, Eve?“ 


She raised her eyebrows.


„Really? You wanna know how I feel?“ 


„I meant, how you feel about working here. Is everything good?“


„What is happening? Why he suddenly cares about those things?“ she was thinking. 


„I’m fine. The executive staff gave me a good overview in the meanwhile. It’s a complete new world for me, but it's very interesting to learn how this business works. I wished I also had the chance talking to Eric to learn more about the commercial part. But unfortunately he seems to be busy with other stuff at the moment.“ 


JC nodded.


„Eric runs an own business, as well. He manages celebrities. And he’s busy organizing our work  party next month,“ he explained. 


„Oh, I didn’t know there will be a party.“ 


„Ya, it’s our second anniversary and Christmas is coming, so… it makes sense.“ 


Eve smirked. 


„Does he need any help? I’m good in event planning.“


„No, don’t worry about Eric and his first world problems. You work for me, not for him.“ 


„Okay.“ 



„So…?“ Nicole asked eagerly, sitting with Eve in the canteen during their lunch break.


„So what?“ 


„You survived one week as JC Chasez’ assistant.“ 


„And?“ 


„How are things? I mean, at the beginning I had the feeling you might kill him at some point, but the bad vibes seem to be gone.“ 


„You noticed, hm?“


„Yap, I noticed. Now spill.“


Eve looked at Nicole for a moment, thinking about how to answer.


„I almost quitted. But then out of the blue he suggested to start all over. Since then both of us try hard not upsetting the other one. And it works but…“


„But what?“


„He’s still very distant and so, so serious. I wonder what must happened to him to be like this.“ 


Nicole answered with quiet voice. 


„There are rumors he turned this way after his own music career started falling apart.“ 


Eve frowned. 


„You mean, when his boyband split up?“


„No, I mean his solo career after the split up. He released an own album, but it didn’t run well. And then some deep shit happened to his second album. No one knows what exactly was going on, but the label he was working with must played him pretty dirty.“ 


„And what happened then?“ 


„He disappeared from the public world for a while. Then he became a judge on America’s best dance crew on MTV. After that he decided founding his own independent music label. And here we are now.“



When the girls returned to the fiftieth floor, they saw Justin waiting at the front desk. He noticed them leaving the elevator and smiled all over his face, as they came closer. 


„Here you are, ladies,“ he said, glancing at Nicole first, before giving his attention to Eve.


„You should know, that no one is at the front desk during lunch,“ Nicole said.


„My apologies. But I was in the neighborhood and decided to say hi.“


„I’m sorry, but JC has a meeting with a potential new producer. He’s not here at the moment,“ Eve informed him.


„Who says I’m here for C?“ Justin replied and gave her a sexy smile.


Eve raised her eyebrows, while Nicole was curiously watching the scene. 


„You still owe me a coffee,“ he added. 


Eve bit her lower lip.


„Oh fuck… don’t do that, girl…“ Justin thought. 


„That’s a fact I can’t deny. But I just finished my lunch break,“ she answered. 


„But your boss isn’t here.“


„That’s true.“


„So? Can we go now?“ 


„Is he hitting on you?“ Eve talked to herself in her mind. 


„Fine. Let’s have coffee.“



After buying two caramel macchiatos at Starbucks, Eve joined Justin at a quiet table. He was wearing a baseball cap and sun glasses. 


„Thank you,“ he said and took a big sip. 


Eve did the same and smiled cheeky. 


„What is it?“ he wanted to know. 


„In my opinion, it’s more suspicious wearing sunglasses inside a coffee shop than just being without them.“


„You think so?“ 


„Is this really surprising you?“ she teased. 


Justin put his glasses off and smiled back at her. 


„Better?“ 


She nodded, still smiling. 


„So, how’s work?“ he wanted to know. 


„You’re the third person asking me that today,“ Eve answered. 


„Who asked before?“ 


„First JC and then Nicole.“ 


Justin raised his eyebrows.


„C asked you?“ 


„Yes, I was surprised myself, to be honest.“


„Why?“ 


„He didn’t make the impression being interested in my well being to this point.“ 


Justin scoffed.


„You must know, it’s not a lack of interest. He simply doesn’t talk much,“ Justin explained. 


Eve bit her lower lip again, before she continued talking. 


„Can I ask you something?“ 


Justin took another sip.


„Uh… those questions are dangerous.“ 


„Can I?“ she repeated. 


He nodded. 


„What happened to JC’s second solo album?“ 


Justin didn’t expect that and swallowed up his coffee.


„You hit the right spot,“ Eve was thinking. 

 

End Notes:

Next update on Friday :)

Cheap lyrics by Patricia

Justin coughed as silent as possible to not attract any attention. 


„Eve. Do yourself a big favor and don’t dig in that hole,“ he replied, as he recovered. 


She frowned, being even more curious now.


„Why would you say that?“ 


„Just let it be, okay? It’s a well meant advice.“ 


She realized there was no chance getting any information from Justin.


„I just try to understand him,“ she explained. 


„I see your point. But I recommend focusing on here and now, instead digging in the past.“ 


„Can I ask something else?“ 


Justin chuckled. 


„No.“


Eve pouted. 


„Is this about C again?“ 


Eve shook her head. 


„Okay, fine. Ask.“ 


„Why *NSYNC split up?“ 


Justin rolled his eyes and deeply sighed. 


„This is not about JC,“ Eve said quickly. 


„But it’s about me and that’s even worse,“ Justin answered. 


„Does it mean you’re the reason?“ 


„Why you just don’t google those things, hm?“


„Because you’re a better source than Google.“ 


„But I don’t wanna talk about it.“


Eve leaned back into her armchair, pouting again. Justin regretted his harsh tone. He looked at her for a moment, before he finally answered. 


„I wanted a break from the band to make a solo album. It wasn’t my intention to leave for good. I just craved to fulfill my own ideas, which were running wild in my head for a very long time. When the work was done, I felt a deep satisfaction, which I never felt before. This album was me. It made me proud. This feeling was very addictive. I couldn’t give up on that anymore. My management pushed me to move on and I did. I was too young and too selfish to realize which consequences my decisions would bring.“


Eve listened carefully. 


„Do you regret it?“ she wanted to know next. 


Justin shook his head. 


„Does it make me a bad person?“ he asked. 


„I don’t think so,“ she answered. „It’s just proof, that you made the right decision.“ 


He smiled.


„There are people out there who see thing differently.“


„But that boyband bubble couldn’t last forever. Look at the music industry today. No one of them survived.“ 


„The Backstreet Boys survived.“ 


„But not with the same success. Their sales figures are heading south since 2007.


„How come you know that?“


„JC asked me to make a research. I compared record sales figures from the prior year with the current. That’s how BSB caught my attention.“ 


Justin smiled at her. 


„Do you ever listen to pop music?“ 


Eve shook her head and smiled.


„Only at parties, being drunk. In that condition I even know all the cheap lyrics.“ 


Justin laughed. 


„Cheap lyrics, hm?“


„I’m bringing sexy back… you motherfuckers watch how I attack…“ she started teasing him. 


Justin gave her a stern look.


„Are you messing with me now?“ 


„Get your sexy on…“ she continued teasing. 


„Are you drunk?“ 


Eve chuckled and made him smile, as well. 


„I guess after this, you won’t ask for another date, hm?“ she said eagerly. 


Justin bent his upper body in her direction. Then he gave her a deep look. 


„You won’t get rid of me that easy, girl.“ 


„Of fuck.“ Eve was thinking. „He’s definitely hitting on you.“ 



Some time later Eve and Justin returned into the office building. There was no need for Justin escorting her upstairs, but he still decided to do so. They waited for the elevator and smiled sheepishly at each other. 


„Gosh. He’s so cute,“ Eve was thinking. 


The elevator arrived. They went inside. Out of the blue the imagination being alone with him in a tiny room made Eve’s heart beating fast. She pressed the button. The doors started closing. Both gave each other another deep look. 


In the next second the doors suddenly opened up again. Both looked surprised, as JC entered the elevator, with a stern expression in his face. 


„I didn’t expect seeing you here today, T.“ he said, as the elevator started moving. 


„I didn’t come to see you,“ Justin replied. 


JC raised his eyebrows. 


„I owed him a coffee,“ Eve explained. 


JC glanced at her, before checking his wrist watch. Eve knew exactly what would come next and rolled her eyes. 


„Don’t worry. I’ll stay longer to tonight,“ she said, before he had a chance making a comment.


The elevator arrived. All of them stepped outside. Nicole watched the scene. 


„T, do you have a moment?“ JC said, obviously not being in a good mood. 


„Sure,“ Justin replied and followed him inside. 


Eve stopped standing at the front desk.


„Did something happen?“ Nicole asked curiously.


Eve shrugged her shoulders. 


„JC seems to be pissed off, that I’ve spent time with his bestie.“ 


„Why should this be a problem?“


„Dunno. Maybe he believes we talked about him.“ 


Nicole gave her a dirty smile. 


„I’m pretty sure Justin is not interested talking to you about JC.“


Eve raised her eyebrows.


„What are you trying to say?“ 


Nicole’s smile gone brighter. 


„I think he likes you. A lot.“


Eve grinned back.


„What do you know about his wife, Nic?“ 


„Not much, to be honest. They keep things private. But…“


„But what?“ 


„I heard some stuff…“


„I’m listening.“ 


„People say they are getting divorced.“


„Oh really? Why?“


„This are just rumors, Eve. I suggest you clarify that question during your next date.“ 


„Do you think he’ll ask me out?“ 


„Absolutely.“



Justin entered JC’s office and let himself fall at his sofa standing in one corner. JC closed the door and sat down at the armchair opposite of the sofa. 


„Am I in trouble for keeping your assistant up from working?“ Justin asked cheeky. 


„This is not funny, T,“ JC said, giving him a serious look.


„What exactly is your problem?“


„I want you to stop hitting on her.“


„Why?“


„Do I really need to remind you, that you’re still married to Jess?“ 


Justin rolled his eyes. 


„Do I really need to remind you, that this marriage only exists on papers at this point?“


„Does it mean you stopped couple’s therapy?“ 


„Yap.“


„Why?“


„Because it makes no sense. We want different things from life. I don’t need a shrink to come to this conclusion.“ 


„How does Jess see things?“ 


„Plays the victim, as always.“ 


„T, come one, man. Don’t talk about her like that.“ 


Justin sighed.


„I didn’t come here to discuss my fucked up marriage.“


There was a short pause.


„You can’t have Eve,“ JC finally said. 


„Why not?“ 


„Because I say so.“ 


Justin scoffed. 


„You’re not my boss, C. Remember that.“


„I mean it. I want you to keep your hands off her.“ 


Justin bent his upper body in his direction. 


„What is going on?“ 


JC looked into his best friend’s eyes. 


„I want her,“ he confessed. 


Justin smiled smugly.


„I knew it!“ 


„Ya, good for you.“


„How serious is it?“


„You’ve no idea…“

 

It's Friday by Patricia

Three days later Eve was sitting with Nicole in the cafeteria, being lost in thoughts. Nicole was finishing her chicken fajita, knowing exactly what was going on with her friend. 


„It’s just has been three days, Evy. He’s a busy man,“ she said with full mouth. 


Eve looked at her without responding. 


„You need to be patient,“ Nicole added.


„I think I worked up into something, which was just happening in my head,“ Eve answered. 


„Girl, listen to me. It’s more than obvious, that Justin is having a crush on you.“ 


Eve sighed. She couldn’t hide her disappointment, that she didn’t hear from him since their coffee date. The more she thought about it, the less she believed he was interested in her. 


„No. This idea was too good to be true, Nic. I think I should get him out of my mind.“ 


„Why are you giving up that fast?“ 


„Because he’s a married man. It’s ridiculous I was believing, there was something between us.“ 



When Eve returned to her desk, she saw Eric sitting with JC in his office. 


„Look who showed up for work.“ she thought.


Eve prepared some urgent documents which had to be signed from both of them. She didn’t want to interrupt their conversation, but it seemed to be the best opportunity to get their signatures quickly. With a folder under her arm, she knocked at the door and went inside. 


„Sorry for interrupting, but could you please sign this papers when you’re finished?“ she asked politely.  


„Sure,“ JC said.


She came inside and gave him the folder. 


„Honey, may I ask for a favor?“ Eric said, before Eve left.


She didn’t react and continued walking. JC was watching the scene, knowing exactly why she ignored him. 


„Eve?“ Eric said next.


She turned into his direction.


„Yes?“ 


„Did you just ignore me?“ he asked. 


„Oh, please excuse me for being rude, honey,“ she replied boldly. 


Eric frowned.


„Do you have a problem when I call you that?“ 


„Do you have a problem when I call you that?“ she repeated. 


JC was amused and tried hard not to smirk. Eric just stared at her, not really knowing how to react.


„Eve. I would like to have a cup of coffee,“ he finally said. 


This was the moment when JC started grinning.


„I understand what is happening,“ she replied.


Eric raised his eyebrows, waiting for more information.


„You must have trouble finding the kitchen, right? I mean, you’re barely here, so it’s not a surprise.“


„Did you really just said that?“ Eric asked, turning upset. 


„I can show you the way, if you like?“ she added. 


JC cleared his throat to get Eric’s attention. 


Eric looked at him, being outraged. 


„Can we move on with our conversation?“ JC asked.


Eve turned around and left his office.


„I can’t believe you let her talk to me like that!“ Eric complained. 


„She’s not a waitress,“ JC replied. 


„You can’t be serious, man!“ 


„Just leave her alone, okay?“ 


Eric scoffed. 


„You’re so dick-driven!“


„I’m not dick-driven.“  


„Then explain to me why you defend her bold behavior!“ 


„You’ve been disrespectful.“ 


„For calling her honey and asking for coffee? This must be a joke!“


„Just leave her alone.“ 



Eve returned to her desk and deeply sighed. Richard noticed and gave her a curious look. 


„I don’t like Eric,“ she said. 


„That makes two of us,“ Richard replied.


Eve smiled at him. 


„Richy…?“ 


„Yes?“ 


„I want you to join me and Nicole at lunch tomorrow.“


Richard immediately turned uneasy and shook his head. 


„You don’t need to eat anything,“ Eve added. 


„Where’s the point going for lunch without having lunch?“ he asked.


„You know exactly what this is about.“ 


Again he shook his head.


„I’m not ready for this,“ he said nervously. 


„Nicole is a stunning woman, right?“ 


„Yes,“ he whispered. 


„That’s why she won’t be single forever, don’t you think?“ 


„Is she seeing someone?“ he asked concerned. 


„Not yet. But you need to grab the chance, before it’s too late.“ 


„I can’t handle that pressure,“ he said, obviously being stressed just by the imagination sitting at one table with Nicole. 


„Richy, relax. It’s just lunch and not at a date. We aren’t there, yet. I’ll help you going through this, okay?“ 


He looked at her for a moment, before he finally agreed. Eve smiled all over his face.


„Good boy.“ 




It was next morning, 7:00 AM. Eve passed the empty desks, heading towards the kitchen. She was still not used being at work that early. 


As she didn’t expect anyone being in the kitchen, she terribly frightened as she saw Richard standing next to the coffee maker. 


„Jesus, Richy! What are you doing here in the middle of the night?“ she squeaked. 


„I couldn’t sleep,“ he confessed. 


Eve sighed and came few steps closer. 


„Is it because of our lunch date?“ 


Richard nodded. Eve felt pity for him, thinking about how to make him feel better. 


JC arrived at the office, longing for coffee. As he reached the kitchen, he heard Eve talking to Richard. Instead of going inside, he stopped standing in the hallway and listened to their conversation. 


„I didn’t mean to stress you so much, Richy. But I really believe you need to do something, if you wanna catch Nicole’s attention,“ Eve explained. 


„I know. It’s just… I have not much experience on that field…“ 


Eve smiled calmly. 


„I understand. I promise, today is just about having lunch together. All you have to do is joining us. I will manage the rest, okay?“


„Yes.“


„You look good, by the way,“ she complimented him. 


„You don’t need to say that, to make me feel better, Eve.“


„I said that because I meant it. This shirt must be new. The light blue color suits you very well. And you did something with your hair.“ 


„I washed it.“ 


Eve laughed. In the next moment JC entered the room. 


„Good morning,“ he said, heading towards the coffee maker. 


„Good morning,“ both replied. 


JC looked at Richard, as he was waiting for his cup to be ready. 


„Nice shirt, is it new?“


„Um, ya… thank you,“ Richard stammered. 


JC’s and Eve’s eyes met for a second. She realized he must have listened to their conversation and tried to help. 


„Did he just show empathy?“ She was thinking. 



Some time later, Eve was engrossed in her work. JC was sitting at his desk and watching her secretly. He was concerned about the fact, that he was barely able focusing on his tasks, since she was working for him. 


Eve’s cellphone started ringing. She picked up.


„If you call to ask in which club we’re going tonight, my answer is, everything but not the Sound.“ 


„I agree. Hell will freeze over before I put one foot into that shitty club again,“ Sandra replied. 


„Great, just pick something else and let me know.“


„First of all I want you to know, that I’m just buying a very slutty dress.“ 


Eve laughed. 


„Instead of buying a very slutty dress, you could spend the money for your own drinks,“ Eve teased. 


„Are you okay?“ Sandra replied cynically. 


„Just saying.“


„I have no time for this nonsense. See you later.“ 


„See you later slutty Sandy,“ Eve teased again, before hanging up. 


„What was that?“ Richard asked curiously. 


„Just my friend, being worried about her sex appeal,“ Eve explained. 


„I don’t understand.“ 


„Last Friday we went to a club and there was a weird situation with a bouncer. Since then no one dared talking to us. Sandra is still processing, that she had to pay for her drinks by herself all night.“ 


Both suddenly heard JC’s chuckling and stared at each other with their eyes open wide. Then they looked into JC’s direction. He felt caught.


„What was that?“ Eve asked irritated. 


„It’s Friday,“ JC replied. 


Eve looked at Richard again.


„Did you ever hear him chuckling before?“ she whispered. 


Richard shook his head. 


„He’s acting creepy today.“

 

Investment plan by Patricia

Short before noon, Richard suddenly hurried to the bathroom. Eve wished she could do something to help him fighting his excitement, but he needed to go through this on his own. 


In the next moment Nicole appeared. 


„Ready for lunch?“ she asked happily. 


„Um ya, sure. We just have to wait for Richard. He joins us,“ Eve answered. 


Nicole raised her eyebrows.


„How comes that?“ 


„Um… he forgot his lunch box,“ Eve lied. 


Nicole smiled. 


„He’s such a weirdo. But in a good way.“ 


„Ya, in a good way,“ Eve replied, smiling back at her.


Richard returned to his desk, being completely pale.


„Ready to go?“ Eve asked. 


He just nodded, trying very hard pulling himself together. 



It was 5:00 PM. The open space office was empty. Only Eve was still sitting there and making a presentation. When she finally finished, she sent the file to JC and switched off her laptop. Then she went into his office to say goodbye. 


„I just sent you the presentation,“ she said, seeing him staring at his screen. 


He looked terribly tensed. She had the impression something was not okay. 


„I noticed, thank you,“ he said, turning in her direction. „See you on Monday.“ 


„Is everything good?“ she asked, before leaving. 


JC put his glasses off to rub his eyes. Then he took a deep breath. 


„Eric screwed something up.“ 


Eve raised her eyebrows, being curious what this was about. 


„What happened?“


„I wanna invest into another sound studio. We have an appointment with the bank on Monday morning. Eric was responsible for the investment plan. But he just told me that his laptop fell into his pool and the only copy of the file was on it.“


„Oh shit. So, he has to do the whole work again?“ 


JC scoffed. 


„He’s in Greece this weekend and has no time taking care for it.“ 


„Greece?“ 


„Don’t ask.“ 


„Does it mean, he lets you alone with that problem?“ 


„He wants to reschedule the meeting. But we already did twice, because he was busy doing other stuff. I can’t ask for another appointment again. It would leave a bad impression.“ 


Eve looked at him for a moment, seeing his desperation. 


„Do you know how to make an investment plan?“ 


JC just stared at her, without responding. She knew in the meanwhile, that he wasn’t good with all the commercial stuff. That’s why he hired Eric. But Eric didn’t give a shit right now.


She went into his direction and sat down at the chair opposite of this desk. 


„I can help you with this.“ 


JC looked at her for a moment, before he replied. 


„You are already here for ten hours, Eve. I can’t expect this from you.“ 


„But this is an emergency.“ 


„Don’t you have better plans for Friday night?“ 


„Well, I planned going to a crowded, noisy club, just to end up drunk and alone on the backseat of a taxi, while my friend hooks up with just another superficial guy. I’m not saying making an investment plan is more thrilling, but it definitely makes more sense, don’t you think?“ 


JC smiled at her. It was a genuine bright smile and took Eve’s breath away. She felt hot and cold and the same time, staring at him with her mouth open.


„Oh.My.God…“ she was thinking. „His smile is beyond human…“


JC was a little irritated about her reaction. 


„You’re good?“ he asked carefully. 


Eve returned back to reality, clearing her throat. She smiled back and nodded. 


„Let’s get started.“


JC brought few folders from Eric’s office and put them at his desk. Eve wrote Sandra a text, telling her that she was working late. Then she switched on her laptop and grabbed a hairband and a glasses case out of her bag. JC sat down at his chair and watched her putting her long hair into a bun and her glasses on. Her nerdy look turned him terribly on. 


„How will you survive that night all alone with her?“ 


„So, you have glasses, hm…?“ he said. 


She glanced at him, before giving her attention back to her laptop. 


„I should wear them more often, but I don’t like them.“


„Why not?“ 


„They make me look stuffy.“


„They make you look hot as fuck,“ he was thinking. 


„We should start with a list of all capital equipment,“ JC said next. 


„No,“ Eve contradicted. „First of all we need to evaluate the current financial standing. Then we need to define what we wanna accomplish and determine how much risk we can take. Last but not least we need to establish a timeline.“


JC gave her a surprised look. Obviously she had some experience on that field.  


„Don’t you think they will ask questions how we gonna spend their money?“ he asked. 


„Of course, but they won’t ask for details. There’s nothing wrong being prepared and having a list of investment goods, but that’s not our priority right now.“



Time passed by quickly. After four hours they finished the first draft. JC was surprised how focused and efficient Eve was working. He let her be in charge, being aware of, that she was the one who knew better how to handle things. 


„I’m not happy with the timeline. We should redesign it,“ Eve finally said.


JC looked at the chart, thinking there was nothing wrong with it.


„It’s good.“


Eve shook her head, still focusing on the screen. 


„It’s too complicated. I need to rework it.“


JC cracked a smile. She was working for fourteen hours and still having enough energy left to complain about the design. 


„We should eat something,“ he suggested, after checking his wrist watch. 


Eve glanced at him, before putting a banana, crackers and sweets out of her bag.


„I meant real food.“ 


„This is real food.“ 


JC smiled again and grabbed his phone.


„You’re okay with Chinese?“ 


Eve just nodded, before giving her attention back to the draft. 



Twenty minutes later the delivery boy arrived at the entrance. JC saw him from distance and stood up to pick up the food. Then he returned into his office.


„Time for a break, come on,“ he said, pointing at the sofa. 


Eve needed to admit, that she was brutally hungry. She sat down at the sofa, while JC was sitting in the arm chair and putting the food on the coffee table. Eve put off her heels, stretched herself and grabbed her dish. 



„Mmmm, this is so good,“ she said with full mouth. 


„Talking about food… how was your lunch break?“ JC asked.


Eve smiled at him. She thought it was cute, that he was curious how things went between Richard and Nicole. 


„Poor Richy just ate a plain roll, being afraid of having an allergic shock,“ she chatted. 


JC smirked. 


„Did he talk?“ 


Eve smiled harder. 


„Not a single word.“


JC laughed. Eve was paralyzed in that moment, just staring at him in disbelief. 


„Jesus, he’s killing me…“ 


„Richard is a great guy. It’s a shame he’s not seeing his own worth,“ JC said next. 


Eve finished chewing.


„Funny you mentioned that, as you don’t see his worth, as well,“ she answered. 


JC raised his eyebrows. 


„What do you mean?“ 


„He works for you from the beginning and built up the whole network and infrastructure on his own. He’s responsible for your IT security and also manages the complete hardware. If he finds a better job somewhere else, you’ll be screwed.“ 


JC looked at her for a moment. In fact he never saw Richard’s position as that important. 


„What are you trying to say? he asked next. 


„I try to explain, that it’s risky relying on just one person on that field.“ 


„So, you think I should employ an additional IT guy?“ 


„Yes. And you should promote Richard. I think he deserves more appreciation. It would be great for his self esteem having more authority and being responsible for a co worker, don’t you think?“ 


Again JC looked at her, thinking about her suggestion. He needed to admit, that she made a good point. Then he nodded.


„Fine, I’ll think about it.“ 


„Good,“ Eve replied, smiling at him. 


„Um… let me organize something to drink,“ JC said next. 


Then he stood up and went into the kitchen. Eve finished her dish and yawned. She didn’t realize that it was almost 10:00 PM. Her eyes felt tired from staring at the screen the whole day. She leaned back and allowed herself closing her eyes for a short moment. It took just seconds for her to fall into a deep sleep.


JC realized, that he didn’t ask what Eve was liking to drink, as he reached the beverage dispenser. He returned to his office and saw her sleeping at the sofa. His bad conscience was giving him a hard time for letting her work such long hours. He stared at her for a moment and realized, that he never wanted someone so bad, as he wanted her. But he had not the tiniest idea how to deal with his feelings.


In the next moment Eve’s phone started ringing and brought him back to reality. She left it at his desk. JC expected she would wake up from the sound, but it wasn’t the case. He went to the desk and checked the display. 


„Sandy.“ He talked to himself, knowing this was her friend she used to see for clubbing tonight.


He stared at the phone for a short moment, thinking about, if to answer it or not. Finally he picked up. 

 

End Notes:

I'm few chapter ahead, yay! :) Next update comes tomorrow! 

Dangerous combination by Patricia

„Don’t tell me you’re still working!“ Sandra complained. 


„She’s not exactly working,“ JC replied. 


Sandra’s heart dropped to the floor, as she heard his voice. 


„What that supposed to mean?“ she stammered. 


„Um… she just fell asleep at my sofa.“ 


Sandra’s shock reached its peak.


„Yo-ur so-fa?“


„Um, I meant the sofa in my office. We just had some dinner and then she passed out.“ 


„Oh. Okay. Good luck with that…“


JC frowned.


„What does that mean?“ 


„Waking her up is nearly impossible. I suggest you just let her sleep till next morning.“ 


„What? No, I can’t do that.“


„Well, you can try to bring her back, but your chances are pretty low.“ 


„Um… anyway, I’ll give it a try, before I leave her like this.“


Sandra sighed. 


„You ruined my night. You know that, right?“ she complained half seriously.


„I swear, I didn’t ask her to stay,“ JC justified himself. 


„But you didn’t ask her to leave, either.“ 


„Um… not… directly…“ 


„Don’t worry. I know she insisted helping you. It’s her good nature.“


„Ya… but… I shouldn’t presume it.“ 


There was a short pause. 


„Well, um… I need to go… so… it was nice chatting with you, JC Chasez from *NSYNC. Please tell your friend Justin I said hi.“ 


JC scoffed.


„Have a good night.“



After finishing the call, JC looked at Eve again. Then he went back to the sofa and sat down next to her. 


„Eve?“


Carefully he touched her upper arm to wake her up. But she didn’t react. 


„Hey, Eve. Come on, you can’t sleep like this.“


She continued sleeping. JC never saw her face that close. He wondered how her skin felt like. 


„Don’t!“ He talked to himself in his mind, feeling the urge touching her face.  


Slowly he raised his hand and hesitated for a second, before he cupped her cheek gently. 


„Eve?“ 


Still there was no reaction. JC smiled. He was able falling into a deep sleep in unusual places, as well. In the next moment he stood up and made her lie at the sofa carefully. Then he put her glasses off and put them at the coffee table. Finally he grabbed his leather jacket from the coat rack and covered her upper body with it. 




It was 8 AM in the next morning. Eve opened her eyes slowly.


„Where am I?“ She was thinking.


Hastily she raised her upper body. She calmed down, as she realized that she was still in JC’s office. 


„Jesus… you slept here the whole night…“ 


She looked around, wondering where JC was. 


„Did he leave you here all alone?“


She noticed his jacket and put it aside. Then she went to his desk and grabbed her phone. As the battery was low the prior night, it was no surprise for her, that it was switched off. Without wearing shoes she left the office and went into the bathroom. 


„You look like shit,“ she talked to herself, seeing her face in the mirror above the sink. 


Somehow she managed removing her blurred make up and tried fixing her messy hair. When she finished, she went into the kitchen, made some coffee and returned into JC’s office. Then she sat down at his desk and continued working on the investment plan. 



„You can’t be serious.“ 


Eve terribly frightened, hearing JC’s voice from behind. She turned into his direction with her heart beating out of control. 


„Jesus! You scared me!“ she complained. 


JC was standing in the doorstep with coffee and a bag with breakfast from Starbucks. He felt sorry for frightening her, but didn’t apologize. 


„What are you doing?“ he asked instead. 


„Reworking the timeline,“ she replied, being annoyed about his unnecessary question. 


JC came inside, put everything on his desk and closed her laptop. For the first time he noticed her freckles, as she wasn’t wearing any make-up. 


„She’s so beautiful.“


Eve gave him another annoyed look. 


„Let me finish my work,“ she demanded.


„Your work is finished. The timeline is good.“ 


„It’s not,“ she contradicted. 


„Stop arguing,“ he warned her. 


Eve leaned back into her chair and crossed her arms. 


„Fine. If you wanna show up with that half-assed presentation to your bank appointment, it’s your problem not mine.“


„It’s not half-assed.“


„It is.“


He gave her a stern look.


„Eve.“


She looked back the same way.


„JC.“


„Such a stubborn little brat,“ he thought, trying hard not to smile. 


He grabbed one coffee cup and placed it in front of her. Then he put a sandwich out of the bag and handed it over, as well. 


Eve calmed down, thinking it was nice, that he brought breakfast. 


„Thank you,“ she said, while unwrapping the sandwich. 


JC sat down at his chair.


„I thank you,“ he replied. 


„Not a big deal.“


He gave her a deep look.


„You saved my ass, Eve.“ 


She smiled, chewing her sandwich. 


„Let’s wait and see. I mean, that timeline looks horrible…“


„Eve, for god’s sake,“ he interrupted her. „It’s not horrible. You made a great job.“


„I see, you have pretty low standards, hm?“ she teased.


Finally he smiled. Immediately her heart started beating fast. 


„Holy shit, that smile…“


JC leaned into her direction, before he replied. 


„I can assure you, I’m not having low standards.“


She smiled back. 


„Hey, um… did you sleep here, as well?“ she wanted to know next. 


„I was here, but I didn’t sleep,“ he answered. 


She raised her eyebrows.


„Did you work the whole night?“ 


„Yes.“ 


„Then why you didn’t fix that shitty timeline?“ 


JC shook his head. 


„You’re pain in the ass.“


„No. I saved your ass. That’s what you said.“ 


He nodded, smiling again. 


„Well, both statements are accurate.“ 




„Damn, woman! Why you call back that late? I was worried!“ Sandra complained. 


„Relax, my phone died,“ Eve replied.


She arrived home few minutes ago, after finishing her breakfast with JC in his office. 


„Did you sleep at his sofa the whole night?“ 


Eve frowned. 


„How do you know?“ 


I called yesterday and he answered your phone. 


„Excuse me?!“


„I must say, he wasn’t that grumpy as you always claim…“


„I can’t believe he picked up and talked to you!“


„You’ve been asleep.“


„Still, he had no right doing that!“


„You’re overreacting again.“


Eve took a deep breath and calmed down somehow. 


„Did he leave you alone?“ Sandra asked next. 


„No, he worked the whole night. When I woke up he brought breakfast and gave me a ride home afterwards.“


„Oh, that’s sweet, isn’t it?“ 


„I wouldn’t go that far saying that.“ 


„He sounded really nice on the phone.“


Eve rolled her eyes. 


„Stop fangirling.“ 


„I’m not fangirling. All I’m saying is, that he’s not that bad as you told me.“


Eve took another deep breath. 


„I admit that things between us work much better as at the beginning. He can be nice, if he wants.“ 


Sandra scoffed. 


„Nice and hot. That’s a dangerous combination.“ 


„Ya, I’m aware of that fact.“ 

 

No plan by Patricia

Eric was late for the weekly team meeting on Monday morning. He rushed into the conference room, as JC just finished talking about current topics. He gave his friend a stern look, expecting an explanation. But Eric didn’t see any reason to justify himself. 


„Ricky, my office,“ JC said, when the meeting was over. 


Eve glanced at them, knowing that JC was pissed off. She returned to her desk as the rest of the staff and continued working. 


JC’s glass door was closed, but still she could hear him and Eric arguing. 


„Trouble in paradise,“ Richard joked, also hearing them shouting at each other. 


Eve just gave him a smugly grin. In the next moment Eric rushed out of JC’s office. He stopped standing next to Eve’s desk. She looked into his furious eyes. 


„Who do you think you are?!“ he said harshly. 


Eve frowned, not understanding what this was about. 


„Excuse me?“ 


„You better stop exceeding your authority, or you and I will get into some serious trouble!“ 


Eve was still lost. JC left his office and stopped standing next to Eric. 


„Stop that shit!“ he warned his friend. 


Eric gave him a dismissive look. 


„Good luck with your eye candy,“ he hissed, before heading towards the exit. 


Eve's confusion reached its peak. She stared at JC, waiting for explanation. 


„You’ll join me at the bank meeting,“ he said. 


Eve’s heart dropped. 


„What?“ 


„Is this a problem?“


„Um… no… but… I mean… Eric is responsible…“ 


JC didn’t let her finish her sentence. 


„Eric fucked things up. And you fixed the mess. That’s why I want you to join me.“ 


Eve was in shock, not able to answer. She just stared at him and nodded.


„Good. We leave in fifteen minutes,“ JC said and returned into his office. 


„What was that?“ Richard asked curiously. 


„Um… obviously Eric feels threaten by me.“ she replied. 



Short time later Eve was sitting next to JC in his car on their way to the bank appointment. 


„I wished you told be earlier about this,“ she said.


„I know. But I didn’t want you to stress yourself because of that meeting during the weekend,“ JC answered. 


She looked at him and smiled. 


„Why you think I would get stressed because of this?“ 


He looked back at her for a second. 


„Dunno… I thought it might be a little overwhelming for you.“ 


„It’s not. But some time to prepare myself would have been nice. I don’t even know the names of the bankers we’re gonna to meet.“ 


„Um… I don’t know them, either,“ JC confessed. 


Eve chuckled. 


„Okay, this will be fun,“ she said to tease him a little. 


Now it was JC who got nervous. Maybe he should have prepared himself better, as well.




Two hours later Eve and JC entered an Italian restaurant and got seated in a quiet corner. JC insisted inviting her for lunch after their successful appointment with the bankers. 


„You have a very confident appearance,“ JC said, after ordering drinks and food. 


Eve smiled at him. 


„That’s because I’m not afraid of people, not matter who they are,“ she replied. 


„Obviously you’re not. I’m impressed how you represented our interests. You’ve been very convincing, as they asked about our objectives.“


„Well, I’m used to those things. Christian and I did countless pitches together.“ 


„You mean your prior boss?“ 


Eve nodded, getting lost in thoughts.


„Do you miss your old job?“ JC wanted to know. 


Eve looked at him for a second, before replying. 


„Of course I do. It has been ten years. Christian was more than just my boss.“ 


JC raised his eyebrows, trying to process what she just said. She saw his confusion and started laughing. 


„Gosh! It’s not what you think!“ 


He just stared at her, waiting for more explanation. 


„I meant he was my friend. He is still is, of course. As well as his amazing wife.“


The waitress brought their drinks in the next moment. Both took a sip, before continuing their conversation. 


„Do I have to be worried about Eric?“ Eve wanted to know next. 


„Why would you say that?“ 


„Very obviously he didn’t like what happened this morning.“ 


„That’s not your problem, Eve.“ 


„I know I didn’t do anything wrong. Still I pissed him off by helping you with the investment plan.“ 


„You’re not responsible for Eric’s hurt ego.“ 


„Honestly, I don’t care about his feelings. But I know you are friends and I don’t wanna stand in between.“ 


„The reason for our fight was his unreliability. I’m sorry he tried to take his anger out on you. I promise you I won’t tolerate this kind of behavior.“ 


Eve cracked a smile.


„Okay. Thank you.“ 




The same night JC was relaxing in front of the telly, being dressed in some comfy clothes. While sipping his beer, he heard his front door opening up. Justin entered the living room and let himself fall next to him at his sofa. 


„What are we watching tonight?“ he wanted to know. 


„Dunno, any suggestions?“ JC replied. 


„First of all I need a beer.“ 


Justin stood up, went into the open kitchen, took a bottle out of the fridge and returned to the sofa. Then he took a big sip and gazed at his friend. 


„Why are you staring at me?“ JC asked irritated. 


„Did you ask her out?“ Justin asked. 


JC deeply sighed. 


„I can’t just ask her out, man.“ 


„Why not?“ 


„Because she’s working for me.“


„Then what exactly is your plan to make her yours?“ 


„I have no plan.“ 


Justin put his beer at the coffee table and bent into JC’s direction. 


„You asked me to step back and I did, because you made me believe your feelings for her are serious.“ 


„They are serious.“


„Then why you don’t do something? I don’t get it.“ 


JC didn’t like the way Justin was putting him under pressure. 


„I can’t date my assistant!“ 


„Okay fine. If this is the dealbreaker, then let me date her.“ 


JC gave him a warning look.


„Don’t you dare.“


Justin rolled his eyes. 


„Listen. Although I met her first I stepped back because I want you to be happy. But if you continue waisting time, be sure I’ll change my mind.“ 



At the same time Eve was hanging up with Sandra at her place. After having dinner together, they opened a bottle of wine and collapsed at the sofa. When Eve updated her friend about the recent events, Sandra started grinning dirty.


„So, you had a date with your sexy boss.“ 


Eve rolled her eyes.


„Really, Sandy? I just told you about our successful pitch and all you’re interested in is our lunch?“ 


„Your lunch date.“ Sandra corrected her.


„It wasn’t a date. We just talked about work. It was completely harmless.“ 


Sandra gave her a reproachful look.


„You should have put a little more effort into this.“


Eve frowned. 


„What the hell are you talking about?“ 


„He asked you out and all you did was talking about work?“ 


„Sandy, for god’s sake. He didn’t ask me out. This was just a quick lunch before we headed back to the office.“ 


„Are you saying he’s not turning you on? Not even a little bit?“ 


„What’s wrong with you? It doesn’t matter, if he’s turning me on or not. He’s off limits, don’t you get it?“ 


„So… he is turning you on.“ 


Eve deeply sighed.


„Jesus Christ…“


„Say it.“ 


„Sandy!“


„Say it!“ 


„Okay, fine. He is turning me on. His sex appeal is unbearable and every time he smiles, I almost lose my shit. But the last thing I want is risking my job, just because my boss is making my panties wet on a daily basis.“


Sandra stared at her friend with her mouth open. 


„Don’t give me that look. You wanted to hear the truth,“ Eve added.


„I know. But working under this conditions must be torture.“ 


Again Eve sighed. 


„Justin would have been the perfect distraction…“ 


„You still didn’t hear from him, hm?“ 


„Of course not. He’s married to that Hollywood beauty, remember?“ 


„Ya, what a pity…“ 

 

Loan contract by Patricia

Few days later short before noon Eve was engrossed in reading her emails. Nicole appeared at her desk at some point with an envelope in her hand. 


„A courier just brought this,“ she said to get Eve’s attention. 


„Oh, this must be the loan contract,“ Eve said and took the envelope. 


„Are we going to the canteen for lunch?“ Nicole asked. 


„Ya, sure,“ Eve replied. „Just give me five minutes.“ 


„Um…“ they suddenly heard Richard saying. 


Both looked at him. He immediately flushed. 


„I… um… can I join you?“ he asked carefully. 


Eve grinning all over her face. 


„Of course,“ Nicole said, giving him a charming smile. 


Then she walked away. Richard took a deep breath when Nicole was out of sight. 


„I’m proud of you,“ Eve said, still grinning.


„Eve…?“ he stammered.


„Yes?“ 


„Can you find a reason why you can’t join us?“ 


She stared at him in disbelief. He stared back, flushing again. 


„Richy, you have no idea how happy you make me with this.“


He just nodded, while his heart was beating out of control.



Few minutes later Eve appeared at the front desk with her bag and a folder under her arm. Nicole gave her an irritated look.


„Sorry Nic. I just talked to JC. As you know he’s not feeling well and working from home today. But I need him to sign this papers urgently. That’s why I have to bring them to his place.“ 


„Can’t you go after lunch?“ 


„No, I need to do it immediately.“


„Okay, so… where’s Richy?“


„In the bathroom. He should pick you up any second.“ 


Eve didn’t lie. JC really asked her to bring the papers. He didn’t insist her to come straightaway, but it made sense to use the situation as an excuse for not joining Nicole and Richard during lunch.



Half hour later Eve arrived at JC’s house in West Hollywood. She stopped her car in front of his gateway and rang the bell through her open window.


„Hello?“ A friendly female voice answered through the intercom. 


„Hi, I’m JC’s assistant. He asked me to bring some papers.“ 


„Oh, um… Mr. Chasez didn’t inform me about this.“ 


„Does it mean, he isn’t home?“ 


„He is home, but he’s making a nap.“


„I think he didn’t expect me being here that early. But I really need him to sign the papers, you know?“


„Um… ya… I see.“


In the next second the gate opened up. Eve drove at the property and parked her car in front of the house. A small woman in her late fifties with short grey hair opened the front door. Eve was sure she must be the housekeeper. 


„Thank you for letting me in,“ Eve said friendly, coming towards her. 


The woman was still irritated, not knowing what to do. 


„Um, look… is there a chance to wait inside, till he wakes up? The thing is, I need to bring the documents back to the office, as soon as he signed them.“ 


The woman looked at her for a moment. As Eve was making a trustable impression, she finally begun smiling and let her in. 


Eve smiled back and entered the house. She was impressed by its beauty and JC’s tasteful minimalistic interior. There was an impressive view at L.A. downtown through the giant floor to ceiling window in the living area. Eve was sure the house must be worth several millions. She stopped standing in front of the window and enjoyed the sight. 


„It’s beautiful, isn’t it?“ the woman said. 


Eve looked at her and nodded. 


„I am Elena, the housekeeper,“ she introduced herself. 


„I’m Eve. It’s nice to meet you, Elena.“ 


„Um… do you wanna a cup of coffee?“ Elena offered. 


„It would be nice, thank you,“ Eve replied. 


She followed Elena and sat down at the kitchen island. Elena switched on the coffee maker.


„Is he having a flu?“ Eve asked curiously. 


„No, it’s a migraine. He’s having trouble with it once in a while.“ 


„I see.“


„How long are you working for Mr. Chasez?“ Elena wanted to know. 


„Oh um… I just started few weeks ago.“ 


„Do you like it?“ 


Eve nodded. 


„We’ve had a rough start but things are good now.“


Elena smiled. She finished making coffee and handed the cup over to Eve.


„Thank you.“


„How come a beautiful young woman like you is not having a ring on her finger?“ Elena asked next.


Eve smiled sheepishly. 


„That’s a long story.“


„I’m sorry, if I crossed the line,“ Elena apologized.


„No, you didn’t. It’s just not my favorite topic, you know.“ 


„Sounds like someone broke your heart.“


„Actually it was my fault. I said yes although I knew I should have said no. The relationship I was having was very toxic. Luckily I came to my senses and broke things up before we got married. But he didn’t accept my decision and gave me a pretty tough time when I left.“ 


„Oh darling, I’m very sorry to hear that,“ Elena replied. 


„Luckily I got the chance going abroad. Since then my life changed for a better.“ 


„Does it mean you didn’t hear from that man again?“ 


Eve nodded. 


„Good for you.“ 


Eve started smiling.


„What’s so funny?“ Elena asked. 


„Nothing. I’m just surprised about myself that I told you all of this. I mean, we know each other for ten minutes.“


In the next moment JC entered the kitchen. He was wearing black sweatpants and a white v-neck t-shirt. He looked tired, being without glasses and having messy hair. 


„I’ll do some ironing upstairs. It was nice to meet you, Eve,“ Elena said. 


„Same to you. And thanks for the coffee,“ Eve replied, smiling at her. 


„I didn’t expect you coming here during lunchtime,“ JC said, when Elena was gone. 


He stopped standing in front of the coffee maker and pushed the espresso button. 


„Richard is having lunch with Nicole, so I had nothing better to do during my break,“ Eve explained. 


JC raised his eyebrows.


„Looks like they’re making progress.“ 


„Richard is working on it.“ 


JC grabbed his espresso and took a sip.


„Talking about Richard. I thought about your suggestion to promote him.“


„With which result?“


„I think it’s a smart move.“ 


Eve smiled all over her face. 


„That’s awesome. I’m sure you won’t regret it.“ 


„Please contact our headhunter to find another IT guy to join his team.“


„I will.“ 


JC sat down at the free stool next to her and grabbed the folder. 


„Did you read the loan contract?“ 


„Not, yet.“ 


„Okay, let’s do it together and double check. My head ist killing me.“ 


He grabbed one copy and started reading. Eve glanced at his trimmed chest hair, being partly exposed through his deep v-neck. She bit her lower lip and squeezed her tights. 


„Oh Eve, it’s been a while… you should get laid urgently. In best case right here, right now…“ she daydreamed. 


JC caught her staring at him. 


„Are you okay?“ he asked, just to say something. 


„Yes.“ 


Hastily she grabbed the other copy and started reading. JC was suppressing a smile. 


„Looks like she can’t fight chemistry…“ 



After reading and signing the papers, Eve put everything back into the folder and stood up from the stool. 


„I hope you feel better tomorrow.“


„What about lunch?“ JC asked.


„Lunch?“


„You didn’t eat anything, yet.“ 


„Oh, ya. I’ll make a quick stop at Starbucks on my way back.“


„Starbucks is not lunch. Come on, let’s eat together. I’m hungry, as well.“ 


He stood up and went to the fridge. Eve stared at him in disbelief. 


„Are you cooking now?“


JC chuckled. 


„Good lord, no. Elena made a soup,“ he explained and put the pot out of the fridge. 


Eve raised her eyebrows. 


„Really? She’s also cooking for you?“ 


JC nodded. 


„One day I tried making pasta. The kitchen hardly survived that night. Elena was outraged and said, she rather makes food for me than cleaning my mess. I gratefully accepted her deal.“ 


Eve laughed. 


„You’re sure you wanna share your meal with me?“ 


„Ya, don’t worry. She made enough.“ 

 

Watch out, princess by Patricia

„This was delicious,“ Eve said, as she finished eating. 


JC finished as well and smiled at her. 


„So… tell me more about the latest gossip.“


Eve smiled back, raising her eyebrows.


„You mean about Nic and Richy?“


JC nodded. Eve thought it was cute that he cared about those stuff. 


„There’s not much to tell at this point. But I’ll give you an update when I have details about their lunch date.“ 


„Is he having a serious chance?“ 


„Of course. He’s incredibly smart and has a great humor. If he manages showing his qualities, I bet she will fall for him head over heals.“


JC smiled again. He could see that she was serious about what she said about Richard. 


Eve checked her wristwatch. 


„I need to go back to the office.“


„Why? Your boss isn’t around,“ JC joked. 


„Still, he’s keeping me pretty busy.“


„Oh really? With what?“ 


„I need to represent him in a meeting with a potential new client this afternoon, although he knows I have no idea about music.“ 


„Interesting. Didn’t you claim in your job interview to be passionate about music?“ 


„I lied.“


„Also about Kurt?“ 


„Kurt was a giant freak.“


„I strongly disagree.“


„Did you see the video to heart shaped box? It’s more than just disturbing, don’t you think?“ 


„It was how he expressed his complex personality.“ 


„In my opinion he just expressed his complex drug problem.“ 


JC frowned.


„You’re really small minded concerning artistic freethinking.“ 


„I agree."


„But there must be a genre you’re interested in. I never met someone who dislikes music in general.“


„I like classic. No lyrics, just beautiful symphonies. Composing timeless masterpieces is what impresses me.“ 


JC looked at her for a moment. He also had a deep passion for classics. They continued talking about that topic. Time passed by quickly. Elena showed up at some point and said goodbye before finishing work. Eve checked her watch and panicked. 


„Jesus! When did it get that late? I need to go.“ 


„Nerd,“ JC teased. 


She gave him an outraged look. 


„Are you calling me names for being diligent?“


„Yes.“ 


„Who are you and what did you do to my fussy boss?“ 


„Fussy?“


„Yap.“ 


„You really think that?“ 


„Come one, don’t act surprised. You let me start work at seven for no reason.“


„That doesn’t make me fussy.“


Eve chuckled, enjoying their senseless argument. She wished she could stay longer, but she needed to be back in the office for the meeting. 


„It was nice chatting with you,“ she said, with the folder and her bag in her hands. 


He smiled at her.


„Thank you for coming by.“ 


„No big deal. See you tomorrow.“


He nodded and escorted her to the front door. She glanced at him and gave him another sheepish smile, before leaving. 


 

On her way back to the office Eve’s phone started ringing. She picked up. 


„Where the hell are you?!“ Eric hissed. 


„Relax. I was at JC’s place, bringing some documents.“ 


„Can you explain to me why the front desk is unoccupied?!“ 


Eve frowned.


„Nicole went for lunch with Richard. But she should be back by now.


„But she isn’t! Take care for it!“ 


Eric hung up. Eve wondered what must have happened and dialed Nicole’s private number. 


„Hey Evy,“ Nicole sighed. „Something happened…“


„I’m listening.“


„Richard got an allergic shock during lunch. Unfortunately he forgot to bring his emergency kit.“ 


„Oh no…“


„I needed to call ambulance. I’m still with him in the clinic.“


„Dear god… how is he doing?“


„Better. They gave him a big shot of cortisone. But they wanna keep him over night.“


„I’m on my way…“ 



Eve arrived at the clinic fifteen minutes later. She asked for Richard at the reception and hurried to his patient’s room. As she rushed inside, she saw Nicole sitting next to him at a chair, obviously still being worried about his condition.


„Richy… what did you do?“ Eve asked, coming closer. She sat down at the edge of his bed and grabbed his hand. 


„I’m fine. No need to worry,“ he replied. 


Luckily the cortisone worked quickly and his face wasn’t that swollen anymore. 


„He scared the shit out of me,“ Nicole confessed. 


„I’m sorry,“ he apologized. „This is so embarrassing.“ 


„Don’t you dare saying that,“ Nicole disagreed. „It’s not your fault. You asked about the ingredients and they assured you, there were no peppers in the salad.“ 


Eve noticed that Nicole was truly concerned. 


„You really have to stay here over night?“


„It’s just precautional measure.“ Richard explained. 


„Is there anything I can do for you? Bringing some fresh clothes?“


„I’m fine. You should go back to work.“ 


Nicole checked the time.


„Oh boy, it’s really late.“ 


„Don’t worry about it. This was an emergency,“ Eve said. 


„I’m not needing any further assistance. You really should go now,“ Richard insisted. 


„Okay, let me just see the restroom first,“ Nicole replied and left the room in the next moment. 


Eve smiled at Richard and squeezed his hand. He looked away.


„Hey. Don’t make a big deal out of it,“ she said, knowing what was going on in his mind. 


„I’m such a loser…“ he almost whispered. 


„No, you’re not. I don’t wanna hear that ever again,“ she warned him. 


„I messed everything up.“


„Why would you say that?“


Richard gave her an outraged look.


„I just broke down in public because of a pepper! No one wants to be with someone like me!“ 


„This is the biggest nonsense I ever listened to!“ 


„You don’t know how it is not being perfect. You have no fucking idea, Eve!“ 


„I’m not perfect.“


„Yes you are! Men simply lie at your feet. Even JC!“


She frowned. 


„What the hell are you talking about?“ 


„Oh come one, don’t play the fool. Since you work for him he suddenly turned into a human being. He smiles, he jokes, he makes compliments… it’s surreal. No one ever made him behave like that.“


„Why you believe I have something to do with it?“ 


„Because I have eyes! I see how he looks at you through his glass wall all day long.“ 


Nicole returned in the next moment and interrupted their conversation. Both looked at her coming closer. She stopped standing in front of Richard’s bed, bent over and kissed his cheek gently. 


„Get well soon, honey.“ 


Eve and Richard stopped breathing for a moment and exchanged irritated glances.


„We really need to go. You have an appointment in less than thirty minutes,“ Nicole said next, looking at Eve.


She nodded and gave Richard a smugly grin, while he was processing Nicole’s unexpected kiss. 



When Eve and Nicole arrived back in the office, they saw Eric escorting the potential new client into the conference room.


„Damn, that guy is over punctual,“ Nicole said.


„Ya, let’s talk later, I need to go,“ Eve replied and hurried inside. 


She put her stuff at her desk and entered the conference room. Eric and the visitor looked at her. 


„Hi, my name is Eve. I’m representing JC Chasez…“ 


„That’s not necessary,“ Eric interrupted her. „I got this.“ 


Eve gave him a stern look. 


„May I talk to you for a minute?“ 


Eric didn’t like her attitude. But he agreed and escorted her outside. 


„Did you find Nicole?“ he asked, before she could say anything. 


„Yes.“


„Good. Tell her next time she leaves without explanation, I’ll fire her without warning.“ 


Eve turned upset. 


„There was an emergency.“


„I don’t give a shit.“


„You can’t be serious…“


„Stop waisting my time, Eve,“ he interrupted her again. „I need to do this meeting.“


„Actually, this is my meeting.“ 


Eric scoffed. 


„You have no qualification doing this and you know it.“ 


„What’s your qualification?“ she provoked him. 


Eric got furious. 


„Don’t you dare talking to me like this ever again.“ 


His warning left her unimpressed. 


„It was a simple question.“


„I run that fucking firm. You on the other hand are just an overpaid secretary.“


„Surprisingly I didn’t see you running anything since I work here.“ 


Again Eric scoffed. 


„You better watch out, princess. The only reason you work here is your pretty little ass. Sooner or later Jay will get bored from you and then it will be my biggest pleasure to show you the exit.“ 

 

Something deep by Patricia

The same night Eve filled one glass with red wine after having a quick dinner from the delivery service. Then she collapsed at her sofa and started processing all current events. While drinking the wine and being lost in thoughts, she received a text message. Her cell was lying at the coffee table. She grabbed it and wondered seeing JC’s name in the lock screen. He never texted her before.


„How was the meeting?“ [JC]


„Dunno.“ [Eve]


„?“ [JC]


„Eric took care of it.“ [Eve]


„Why?“ [JC]


„Ask him.“ [Eve]


„What happened, Eve?“ [JC]


„It’s pretty late. Can I just call it a day, please?“ [Eve]




Eve didn’t sleep well and arrived at the office before 7:00 AM. She was in a bad mood, still processing what Eric said about JC the prior day. 


JC didn’t sleep well, either. His migraine was gone, but he was thinking over and over again about what must have happened to Eve. Of course he tried to reach Eric after texting with her. But Eric didn’t answer his calls.


As he arrived in the office, JC saw Eve sitting at her desk from distance. He came closer and stopped standing next to her desk. She said good morning and gave her attention back to her laptop quickly. He looked at her for moment.


„Can we talk?“


Again she looked at him. He gestured her to follow him into his office. Eve did what he asked for and sat down opposite of him at his desk. 


„Why are you pissed off?“ he wanted to know. 


Eve prepared herself for that conversation and gave him a stern look, before she replied. 


„Why did you hire me?“ 


JC frowned.


„What that supposed to mean?“ 


„It’s a simple question. I want to know why you decided giving me the job.“ 


„Your CV was convincing.“


„My CV?“ 


„Yes.“ 


„You’re saying my CV was so convincing, that my missing knowledge about music and my above average salary expectations didn’t matter?“


JC sighed. 


„What the hell is this about?“


Eve was scared speaking out loud what was going on in her mind. But there was no way back.


„Did you just employ me because of my look?“ 


JC’s heart dropped. 


„What? Why would you say that?“ 


„Just answer my question.“ 


JC turned upset. 


„Did Eric say that to you?!“ 


„This is not about Eric.“ 


„Then tell me where this nonsense suddenly comes from!“ 


„Is it nonsense?“ 


„Of course it is! Do you really believe I’m that low?!“ 


„Honesty, I don’t know! I have no idea what kind of person you are!“ 


Eve stood up, not wanting to continue this conversation. But JC wasn’t finished, yet. He stood up, as well.


„It’s not fair what you’re doing here!“ he blamed her. 


„Excuse me?“


„Just because Eric pissed you off, it gives you no right wreaking your anger on me!“ 


„Of course it does! You promised you wouldn’t tolerate his degrading behavior!“


„I meant what I said! But I wasn’t here yesterday! And you still didn’t tell me what the fuck happen!“ 


Eve didn’t know how to reply. She was aware of that JC was right. He couldn’t help her in any kind, if she was acting like that. Her eyes started filling with tears. 


„Fuck no.“


Hastily she turned around and rushed out of his office. 


JC took a deep breath. Once again he realized how fragile she truly was. 


Eve hurried into the kitchen and leaned again the counter. She closed her eyes to calm down somehow. 


„You idiot just acted like a hysterical teenager,“ she blamed herself in her thoughts.


JC entered the kitchen and brought her back to reality.


„I’m sorry,“ she apologized, as he was coming closer. „This was completely unnecessary.“ 


JC didn’t reply. He stopped standing in front of her with little distance. She could smell his perfume and felt her heart accelerating. 


JC crossed his arms and begun smiling. Eve gave him an irritated look.


„What is happening?“


„Nothing. I just enjoy.“ 


„Enjoy what?“ 


„You admitting a mistake. I didn’t expect witnessing something like that. Ever,“ he teased. 


Eve tried hard not to smile back, but it was hopeless.


„Ya… enjoy your little moment…“


He turned serious. 


„Be sure, I’m gonna talk to Eric.“ 


She shook her head. 


„No. It will just makes things worse.“


„You wanna let him get away?“ 


She nodded. 


„Why?“ 


„Because I’m not upset about Eric. I’m upset about what he said about you and how you see me,“ she confessed. 


She looked vulnerable and hurt, waiting for his response. They stared into each others eyes. JC didn’t expect he could fall for her harder than he already did. But that’s what just happened. 


„Eve. Please believe me, I never made an inappropriate comment or talked disrespectfully about you. I would never do this,“ he finally said, without losing eye contact.  


Eve gave him a calm smile. She believed him. Both were still staring at each other. She wondered, if he could hear her heart pounding aggressively against her chest. Her weakness for him just turned into something deep. She felt excited and scared at the same time. 


„It’s official. You’re in love with your boss.“ 


The tension between them was nearly unbearable. Both wished for the same, but no one made the first move. Finally Eve looked away. 


„I should get back to work.“ 


He was still staring at her. 


„Do something!!!“ he was thinking. 


She passed him by. JC turned in her direction and grabbed her hand to make her stop.


„Eve…“


Her heart skipped a beat and her knees turned into jelly. She looked in his eyes again. 


„I’m happy to have you,“ he said quietly. 


She gave him another smile. 


„I should go now,“ she replied, giving him a last sheepish look.


He released her hand slowly. She left the situation and hurried into the bathroom. 


„Holy shit… holy fucking shit…“ she thought, while her whole body was shaking from excitement. 




„I need to ask once again. He grabbed your hand and said he’s happy having you?“ 


Eve nodded, sitting at a table opposite of Sandra during dinner. They met at their favorite Mexican restaurant after work. 


„And you said what?“ 


„I already told you the whole story. Stop asking the same questions.“ 


„I’m sorry, but this is surreal. I mean, three weeks ago you thought he’s an asshole. And now you’re in love with him?“


„That’s how things are,“ Eve replied, tasting her enchilada. 


„What will you do now? You can’t ignore your feelings, right?“ 


„I have to ignore my feelings. He’s my boss. I can’t be in a relationship with my boss.“ 


„Why not? Obviously he’s interested, as well.“


„We don’t know that, Sandy.“


„Oh come on, stop shitting yourself! His gesture said more than thousand words!“


„You mean grabbing my hand?“ 


„Yes!“ 


„I agree that there was a strong tension between us.“


„It’s called chemistry, darling.“


„But he’s my boss.“ 


„He’s hot for you. That’s what he is.“ 


Eve took a deep breath. 


„I hardly survived that day. Every time we talked to each other I became completely nervous. He on the other hand acted like nothing happened. But every time when our eyes met there was this tension again.“ 


„I’m abnormally jealous,“  Sandra confessed. 


Eve raised her eyebrows. 


„Well, your boss isn’t that bad, either.“


„Yes. But unfortunately he’s not into redheads.“ 

 

Fuck you, T by Patricia


Next day the situation between Eve and JC at work was the same. He tried acting like nothing happened, but it cost him all his strength hiding his excitement, every time they talked to each other. Eve was terribly tensed as well, hardly being able focusing on her tasks. Richard returned to work that day and noticed, that something was wrong with her. But she didn’t tell him what was going on. She didn’t talk to Nicole about the recent events, either. 



Short before lunch break Nicole called Eve on landline. She picked up. 


„He’s here!!!“ Nicole squeaked. 


Eve frowned.


„Who’s here?“


„Justin!!! He just entered the open space office!!!“ 


Eve’s heart accelerated. 


„Don’t hang up! I need to look busy!“ 


„What?!“


„I don’t wanna talk to him!“


„Why not?!“ 


„Because he pissed me off!“ 


„That’s ridiculous!“ 


Eve saw Justin coming closer. She turned away and continued talking to Nicole about senseless stuff. When Justin finally reached her desk, she just gave him a quick look and continued talking. 


„Yes, I’m almost finished, you’ll get the file in the afternoon.“ 


„That’s absurd.“ Nicole replied.


„Yes, let’s talk about the details later.“ 


Justin realized Eve wasn’t interested in talking to him and continued walking. When he entered JC’s office and closed the glass door, Eve deeply sight. 


„Thank you,“ she said to Nicole. 


„Why you did that? I don’t get it.“ Nicole replied. 


„I wasn’t prepared to see him.“


„I understand you’re disappointed, that he didn’t ask you out. But maybe he will ask you today, if you stop acting weird.“ 


„I don’t care anymore.“


Nicole scoffed. 


„Okay, I have not time listening to that nonsense. See you later for lunch.“ 


Then she hung up. Richard gave Eve an irritated look. She rolled her eyes. 


„Don’t ask.“ 


„You’re pissed off, because Justin didn’t ask you out?“ Richard asked anyway.


„Yes. I’m pathetic. There’s nothing more to say.“



„You’re early,“ JC said, when Justin let himself fall at his sofa. „I need to finish an email, before we go.“ 


„Please hurry, I’m starving.“ 


JC continued typing. 


„How are things with Eve?“ Justin wanted to know. 


„Unchanged,“ JC replied, focusing on his email.


„You need to ask her out.“ 


JC gave him an annoyed look. 


„Stop putting me under pressure.“ 


„What the hell are you waiting for?“ 


„I don’t wanna discuss this again.“


„Coward.“ 


„Fuck you, T.“ 


Justin scoffed. Then he stood up and left his office. JC was watching him sneaking up to Eve from behind. She was engrossed in reading a document and didn’t notice. Richard gave Justin an irritated look, as he stopped standing behind Eve’s back. Then he bent down to her ear. 


„Hey beautiful,“ he whispered. 


Eve terribly frightened and hastily turned in his direction. 


„Do you wanna kill me?!“ she blamed him.


He shook his head. 


„I wanna have your number.“ 


Eve was shocked, trying hard to process. Justin smiled sexy and grabbed his cell out of his pocket. He unlocked it, opened his contact list and gave it to her. She was completely overwhelmed with the situation. He pierced her with his clear blue eyes, waiting for her to type. 


„Do it. You have nothing to lose,“ she talked to herself in her thoughts. 


Finally she entered her number and returned his phone. He gave her another sexy smile, before he went back into JC’s office. 


„What the fuck are you doing?“ JC hissed. 


„If you don’t make the first move soon, I’ll grab the chance,“ Justin replied boldly. 




„Jeeeeez, this is so exciting!“ Nicole cheered, when Eve told her about the latest news during lunch. 


„I didn’t expect any of this.“ Eve replied.


She wasn’t sure, if she did the right thing, as she gave Justin her number. She asked herself why she made things that easy for him, although she was having a serious crush on JC. 


„I knew this would happen!“ Nicole said next. 


„I didn’t.“


Richard was joining the girls and listened to their conversation, while sipping some still water. He decided not eating anything to avoid another allergic shock. 


„Maybe Justin will show up at the party tomorrow night,“ he said. 


Both girls looked at him surprised. 


„You really think he’ll show up to our anniversary party?“ Eve asked. 


„Well, it wouldn’t make sense under usual circumstances. But maybe he’ll come to see you.“ Nicole said. 


Eve raised one eyebrow.


„Now you’re working up into this a little too hard, don’t you think?“


„We will see, darling. We will see.“



After lunch, Eve needed to talk to JC about his schedule next week and entered his office. 


„Do you have a minute?“ 


JC gave her a stern look. He was terribly disappointed, that she gave Justin her number and couldn’t hide it. 


„Not, yet,“ he answered harshly and gave his attention back to his screen. 


Eve was irritated about his coldness. She didn’t reply and returned to her desk.



In the late afternoon, when the whole staff was already gone, Eve still didn’t talk to JC about his schedule. Before finishing work as well, she went into his office again. 


„Can we talk now?“ she asked him. 


JC gave her an annoyed look.


„Can’t you see that I’m busy with other stuff?“ he replied.


Evie turned upset, not understanding why he was talking to her like that.  


„What’s your problem?“ she talked back. 


„I have no problem,“ he replied. 


„If I upset you in any kind, I have a right to know what it was, don’t you think?“ 


JC’s eyes were filled with deep anger. 


„I have trouble to understand your unprofessional behavior,“ he finally said. 


She raised her eyebrows and crossed her arms.


„What the hell are you talking about?“ 


„I’m talking about the way you’re dealing with Justin.“ 


Eve’s heart dropped. Was this really happening? 


„Which way am I dealing with Justin, in your opinion?!“ 


„Inappropriate!“ 


„Because of what?!“


„Instead of focusing on your work, you flirt with him whenever he shows up!“ 


„I’m not flirting!“ 


„Stop shitting me, Eve! You just gave him his number, for god’s sake!“ 


„So, that’s what this is about?! You are pissed off because I gave him my number?!“ 


„Yes! That’s what this is about!“ 


„Why is this a problem?!“ 


„I expect my assistant not acting like a needy fangirl!!!“ 


Eve was outraged.


„Did you really just said that???“ she yelled at him.


„I really just said that!!!“ he yelled back. 


„It’s you who acts completely inappropriate!!! Not me!!!“ 


Furiously Eve turned around and left his office. Every cell of her body was filled with deep anger. She grabbed her bag from her desk and rushed to the elevators. JC watched her walking away. His veins were flooded with adrenaline. Suddenly his rage turned into panic. 


„Fuck! What did you do?!“ He blamed himself in his thoughts. 



Eve stopped standing in front of the elevator, pushing the button countless times. All she wanted was getting out of the building as fast as possible. Finally one elevator arrived. She stepped inside and pushed the ground floor button. 


Before the doors closed, JC suddenly rushed inside. Eve didn’t expect him running after her and gave him another outraged look. 


Then everything happened terribly fast. JC stepped in front of her, grabbed her hips and pinned her against the opposite wall. He pushed his body hard against hers, cupped her face with both hands and pressed his lips on hers. Being completely overwhelmed by the unexpected situation, Eve felt like passing out any second. She closed her eyes and responded his passionate kiss. His soft lips on hers felt incredible. She opened her mouth and let his tongue slide inside, meeting hers. Her mind was completely clouded by his irresistible taste. Their breaths gone deeper with every second, while their hearts beaten out of control. She felt his arousal being pressed against her core. Her urge for penetration became hard to ignore. As he could read her mind, JC pushed his pelvis even harder against her. Eve was sure she never felt such deep desire for someone before. She grabbed his ass with both hands and pushed him even closer. Suddenly a wave of pure pleasure left her core and rushed through every cell of her body. She tried to hide her unexpected peak, suppressing the urge to moan into his mouth. 


In the next moment the elevator arrived at the ground floor. The doors opened up. JC broke their kiss and stepped away from her. Eve stared at him, breathing fast. There was no chance for her processing what just have happened. 


„Go,“ JC whispered, his breath also being out of control. „Please… you need to go…“


Eve didn’t reply. She passed him by and left the elevator. She stopped standing outside and gave him another deep look. He stared back at her. Then the doors closed. 


Eve hurried out of the building and took a deep breath. She was completely flustered, trying very hard to sort her mind. 


„He just gave you an orgasm…“ she was thinking. 


JC leaned against the wall and grabbed his face with both hands, while the elevator was returning upstairs.


„What now?“ he was thinking. „How on earth you will deal with this?“ 

 

End Notes:

Finally ;) Promise things will get a little more spicy from this point. Please let me know what you think so far. Hope you enjoy...

Getting wasted by Patricia

Eve was lying at her sofa, with a glass of Vodka on the rocks in her hand. She was staring at the ceiling, being still unable to process the latest events. 


Sandra sat opposite of the coffee table at the carpet, sipping the same drink. As soon as Eve arrived home, she called her to come over. Then she told her friend the whole story. Both decided wine wasn’t strong enough to handle things and chose Vodka instead. 


„Honestly, I should hate you right now. Justin Timberlake asked for your number. Then JC freaked out and marked his territory. I’m abnormally jealous.“ 


„I came, Sandy. I came hard in the elevator within seconds…“ Eve whispered. „I never came that way before…“ 


„Well, it’s been a while,“ Sandra teased. „Your hungry pussy was easy to please.“ 


Eve didn’t reply. There was some truth in it. She didn’t have sex since she broke up with Tom.


„Tomorrow is that party on your rooftop, right?“ Sandra continued talking. 


Eve nodded. 


„It starts after work.“  


„Maybe JC fills you up and bangs you at his desk right after,“ Sandra said, grinning dirty. 


Eve imagined that scenario and felt her panties getting wet again. Hastily she took a big sip of her Vodka to clear her mind. 


„I can’t sleep with my boss.“


„Yes, you can. And you will.“ 


Eve grabbed her forehead and deeply sighed. 


„What if he regrets what has happened? I mean, after kissing me he asked me to leave.“ 


„Probably because he knew, he would do you right there right now, if you don't go.“ 


Eve got lost in thoughts again.


„He tasted so good… his lips felt so soft… and his smell… I can still smell is irresistible scent…“ 


Sandra gave her another smugly look. 


„I don’t wanna ruin your dirty throwback but… what happens with Justin?“ 


Eve looked back at her friend.


„He didn’t text me, so far.“


„But maybe he will.“ 


„I think he’s just playing with me. I mean, if he was truly interested, why is he wasting time?“ 


„Hmmm… maybe he’s doing all of this to provoke JC?“


„Why should he provoke his best friend?“ 


„To encourage him making you his.“ 


Eve frowned. 


„Come one, this would be mean, wouldn’t it? A best friend shouldn’t act like that.“ 


„But it worked. You gave Justin your number and as a result JC gave you the hottest kiss you ever experienced.“ 


„That kiss was beyond hot…“


„If this was the case, I better don’t know what he’ll do to you in bed… or at his desk… for starters…“ 




Eve woke up next morning in her bed, having a terrible headache. She turned on her side and bumped against Sandra’s motionless body. Sandra immediately frighted, turned herself and fell of the bed. 


„Fuuuuuck!“ 


„Jesus, Sandy! What are you doing in my bed?“ 


„Right now, I’m on your fucking floor!“ she complained. 


„Did we really get that wasted?“ 


„Ya…“


Hastily Eve grabbed her phone from her bedside table. It was half past eight.


„Shit!“ Eve yelled. „We totally overslept!“ 


Sandra sat down at the bed and glanced at her phone. 


„You overslept. I’m still in time.“ 


Eve rushed into the bathroom and started making herself ready. Sandra went into her closet in the meanwhile, looking for an outfit. 


„What are you wearing today? You should pick something sexy for the party afterwards,“ Sandra said, when Eve finally left the bathroom. 


She put her long hair into a sleek ponytail. Her make up covered up her brutal hangover. 


„Dunno… Jeeeeez… I have no idea what to wear!“ Eve panicked. 


„Relax, darling. Let me have a look,“ Sandra replied. 


She went back into the closet and returned with a black mini dress. 


Eve rolled her eyes. 


„You can’t be serious! It barely covers my ass!“ 


„You can wear a blazer to calm the dress down during work.“


„It’s still too short.“ 


„Since when you’re that prude, hm?“


„I don’t want my look screaming for attention.“ 


„Eve, come one, stop waisting time. You’re brutally late, remember?“  


She sighed. 


„Fine. Whatever. Give me that slutty dress…“ 




Eve arrived at work short after 9:00 AM. 


„What happened to you?“ Nicole asked, as she rushed out of the elevator. 


Eve stopped standing at the front desk.


„I totally overslept.“ 


„And why you didn’t tell me the latest news?“ Nicole asked next. 


Eve’s heart dropped. What did Nicole know?


„Um… latest news?“ Eve stammered. 


„Come on. Don’t play the fool. You really should have told me earlier, that something was going on.“ 


Fuck! How is it possible she knows?!“ Eve thought, feeling caught. 


„Listen, Nic. I didn’t expect this would ever happen…“ 


„Really? I thought JC must have told you earlier.“


Eve frowned. 


„What the hell are you talking about?“  


„Richard’s promotion. JC talked to him this morning and informed the whole staff afterwards.“ 


„Oh, Richard’s promotion… right…“


Nicole gave her an irritated look.


„What did you believe I was talking about?“ 


„Um… nothing. I’m just very confused this morning.“


„May I ask why?“


„I drunk too much last night.“


„You got wasted on a Thursday?“ 


„Yes. It was a mistake. Let’s talk later, I really should go in.“



Eve rushed through the open space office and stopped standing at Richard’s desk. He looked up to her, smiling all over his face. 


„Let me hug you,“ Eve said, smiling back at him. 


Richard stood up. Eve pulled him into her arms. 


„I’m abnormally proud of you. You deserve this.“ 


„Thank you, Eve. It means a lot.“ 


They released each other. 


„Why you smell like Vodka?“ he wanted to know next. 


„Don’t ask,“ she said, stepping away from him. 


She took a gum out of her bag an put it into her mouth. Then she gazed into JC’s office. He was sitting with Eric at his desk, but didn’t focus on their conversation. Instead he was staring back at her. Eve’s heart run out of control. She looked away and sat down at her desk. 


„I’m sorry I missed the announcement,“ Eve apologized. 


„Don’t worry about it,“ Richard replied. „But I really expect an explanation why you drank yesterday night.“ 


„I don’t wanna talk about it, Richy.“ 


„Does it have something to do with Justin?“ 


Eve immediately shook her head. 


„No, this is not about Justin.“ 



Half hour later Eric left JC office and went into Eve’s direction. He stopped standing next to her, waiting for her attention. 


„What?“ Eve said harshly, without looking at him. 


„Jay wanna talk to you,“ Eric replied.


She glanced at him.


„I must say, I’m surprised…“ Eric continued talking. 


Eve raised her eyebrows, waiting for him to finish his sentence. 


„I expected, you would snitch on me. But you didn’t.“ 


Eve scoffed.


„Your manner was deeply pathetic. I just can’t take such poor behavior seriously, you know.“ 


„Hm.“ Eric replied, smiling smugly. 


In the next second he turned around and left the situation. 


Eve took a deep breath. Then she stood up and went into JC’s office. He watched her coming closer. She stopped standing in the doorstep. JC scanned her body from head to toe. She felt terribly uncomfortable in her short dress, trying hard not to show it. 


„I’m sorry for being late. I completely overslept,“ she apologized. 


„Don’t worry about it,“ JC replied. 


She was surprised hearing him say that. 


„Do you need anything?“ she asked next. 


„Um… you wanted to talk to me about something yesterday night.“ 


„Oh… ya… your schedule next week. Let me just bring my laptop.“


Eve hurried back to her desk, grabbed her laptop and returned into JC’s office. She let his glass door open and sat down in front of him. 


„You told me you need some time to find the right location for the new studio. That’s why I 

have to reschedule few appointments. Would you mind telling me which of those must happen next week and which doesn’t?“ 


„Of course.“ 


After discussing JC’s schedule, Eve closed her laptop and glanced at him. She had no idea how she should deal with him after their kiss and felt terribly tensed. JC felt the same way. He knew they needed to talk about it at some point. But he didn’t have a clue how to start such a conversation. Eve stood up in the next moment. 


„Thanks for your time,“ she said, before returning to her desk. 


He watched her walking away and wondered, if she put on that tight short dress to tease him. On the other hand she acted insecure. This was a complete different side of her personality. 



Eve had big trouble focusing on her work the whole day. She was one of just few employees who stayed in the office until evening. The rest of them went home at some point to make themselves ready for the party. JC also left in the early afternoon, while Eric was busy coordinating the last preparations at the rooftop. 


Short before the party started, Nicole entered the open space office, wearing a floaty floral dress. Her wild dark curls were put together into a lose updo. She stopped standing in front of Eve’s desk.


„You look gorgeous,“ Eve complimented her. 


„And you look like this morning. Aren’t you changing your outfit?“ Nicole asked. 


„I’m already wearing my outfit.“


Eve stood up, put off her blazer and grabbed her red lipstick out of her bag to refresh her make-up quickly. 


„Well, you always look stunning. I should hate you for that fact,“ Nicole teased. 


Eve gave her a calm smile. 


„Let’s go upstairs. I’m starving.“ 

 

End Notes:

Merry Christmas! Will be back after the holidays.

Cheesecake by Patricia

When the girls entered the rooftop it was almost completely dark outside. A beautiful Christmas tree with colorful ornaments was standing in the middle. There was a small stage in one corner where a band was playing Christmas music. On the other side was a bar with several bar tables, being decorated with candle holders. At the back of the rooftop the buffet was just being prepared. Massive wooden tables and benches offered enough space for the whole party. There were countless holidays lights hung up all over the place to create a festive atmosphere. 


„Eric did all of that?“ Eve asked in disbelief. 


„Well, he surely didn’t make it himself, but it’s his concept,“ Nicole answered. „His parties are legendary.“ 


Eve was truly impressed. She didn’t expect Eric would give so much attention to details. The rooftop looked magical.


„Hey girls,“ they suddenly heard a male voice saying from behind. 


Both turned around, looking at Richard. He was wearing an off light grey polo shirt, dark blue chinos and white sneakers. He went to the hairdresser and got rid of his long straggly hair. His face was fresh shaved. He gave both girls a sheepish smile, while they were processing hard. 


„You look amazing,“ Eve finally said. 


Richard flushed, still smiling. 


„You really do, Richy. I’m speechless,“ Nicole stammered. 


„Um… ya… I cut my hair…“


Eve came closer and kissed his cheek.


„Handsome, I’m pretty sure you just made Nic’s panties wet,“ she whispered in his ear. 


Again he flushed. 


„Come on. Let's have some drinks,“ she said next and headed towards the bar. 


„Are you getting wasted two nights in a row?“ Richard teased. 


„Absolutely“, Eve replied. 


Nicole followed them, secretly staring at Richard. His new look definitely gave her a tough time.



While the three of them enjoyed their cocktails at the bar, the rooftop steadily filled with people. JC and Eric also invited their clients and business partners. 


Finally the bosses entered the scene. Eve felt her knees going weak, as soon as she spotted JC. He was wearing a navy suit with a white business shirt. His brown belt was matching the color of his leather shoes. His face was fresh shaved and he wasn’t wearing glasses tonight.


„He’s unreal. How will you survive that night?“ Eve was talking to herself in her thoughts.


It didn’t take long, till their eyes met. Eve’s heart skipped at beat. She felt like things were just happening in slow motion. Both couldn’t stop staring at each other. 


In the next moment Justin appeared. He jumped around JC’s neck from behind and brought him back to reality. 


„Holy crab! Justin is here! I told you this would happen!“ Nicole squeaked. 


Eve gave her a concerned look.


„What’s wrong?“


„This is not good.“ 


„Why?“ Richard asked curiously. „I thought you wanna date him.“ 


Eve shook her head.


„I don’t.“ 


„What are you talking about?“ Nicole wanted to know.


„I changed my mind.“


„Why?“ Richard asked again. 


Eve gave both an annoyed look.


„Is this a cross examination?“ 


„Yes,“ both said at once. 


„I realized he’s not the one, okay?“ 


Nicole couldn’t believe what she was listening to. 


„Justin Timberlake is not the one? Are you feeling good?“ 


„However, he’s on his way, so…“ Richard said. 


Both girls looked back at Justin.


„Fuck,“ Eve whispered. 


Few seconds later Justin arrived at their bar table, smiling sexy. 


He glanced at Nicole and Richard, before giving his full attention to Eve. 


„Good evening.“ 


„Hi,“ all three replied at once.


Justin was still staring at Eve.


„You look beautiful in that little black dress,“ he flirted. 


Eve was paralyzed, not knowing how to react. 


„Um, Richy? Let’s check the buffet. Come on,“ Nicole said. 


He nodded, being happy spending some time alone with her. Both disappeared in the next moment. 


Justin was wearing wearing a button down shirt, jeans and sneakers all in black. He looked casual but sexy, having a three day beard and his usual James Dean hairstyle. 


„I didn’t expect seeing you here tonight,“ Eve finally replied. 


„Well, technically my name is not on the guest list. But someone motivated me showing up anyway.“ 


Eve tried hard staying cool. 


„Someone, hm?“ 


„Yes, someone.“ 



JC was watching the scene from distance. His jealousy was hard to handle. He loved Justin like a brother. But right in that moment he wished punching is face hard. 


„What is that little freak doing?“ JC suddenly heard Eric saying. „Is he hitting on your assistant?“ 


JC gave Eric a serious look, without responding. Eric raised his eyebrows.


„Really? The fucker is hot for her and you don’t stop him?“ 


„What exactly you expect me to do, hm? Making a scene in front of everyone?“ JC asked annoyed. 


„Doesn’t he know that you want her?“


„He does.“


„Then why the hell is he acting like that?“ 


„Very obviously he wants pissing me off.“ 


„Are you saying, he flirts with her because you don’t have the balls doing it yourself?“


„Ya, kind of.“


Eric shook his head. 


„He’s been always a giant asshole.“


JC disagreed, but didn’t feel like contradicting in that moment.



Eve didn’t eat the whole day. As a result she felt the alcohol hitting quickly, as she finished drinking her cocktail. 


„Shall we grab another drink?“ Justin suggested. 


Eve nodded and followed him to the bar. 


„What do you like?“ he wanted to know.


„Something strong.“ 


He smirked, before ordering. 


„Two Zombies, please.“ 


When the cocktails were ready, both returned to their bar table. They clinked glasses, before taking a sip.


„Oh shit,“ Eve said. „I should eat something before I drink that monster.“ 


Justin chuckled.


„You asked for something strong.“


„I’m aware of that.“


„You wanna check the buffet?“


She nodded, smiling back at him. 


JC was busy talking to some clients, but hardly being able focusing on their conversation. The fact that Justin was spending time with Eve was driving him insane. 



Eve and Justin sat at quiet table, enjoying dinner. Eve sipped her cocktail in between and was a little drunk by now. 


„They have strawberry cheesecake for dessert,“ Justin said, when they finished their dishes. 


„I know. But I have no space left,“ Eve replied. 


„Me, neither. But we can’t ignore that cake, don’t you think?“


„I’m really full, Justin.“


„What about sharing one slice?“


Eve raised her eyebrows.


„Are you saying you gonna feed me with your fork?“ 


„Would you like that?“ 


She bit her lip, suppressing a smile. 


„Girl, that lip biting thing you do is brutal.“


„Brutal?“ 


„Yes, brutal.“


He gave her another sexy look, before he stood up to bring the cake. Half minute later he returned back to their table. 


„You really brought just one fork.“ 


„Yes, I did.“ 


Justin put a piece of cake at his fork and let her taste it. 


„Mmmm, delicious,“ she said with full mouth. 


He tasted the cake, as well. 


„Damn. I’m not sure, if I wanna share the rest with you,“ he joked. 


Eve gave him a warning look. Justin chuckled and continued feeding her.



„Dude. He’s feeding her with cake!“ Eric whispered into JC’s ear. 


JC interrupted his conversation with a client and turned his head slowly to the buffet. 


„Do you want me taking care for that? I have few securities waiting at the entrance,“ Eric added. 


JC gave him an outraged look. 


„Did you just lose your mind?“ 


„What that supposed to mean?“


„You’re not kicking him out, understand?“ 


„Why the hell not?“


„Because I say so.“ 


„I don’t get it! Why are you defending that dickhead?“


„I already told you. He’s just trying to piss me off.“ 


Eric scoffed. 


„I’m wondering, how much you’ll be pissed off, when he bangs her tonight.“ 

 

Stupid games by Patricia


In the meanwhile Eve finished her cocktail, finally feeling relaxed. Her clouded mind allowed her enjoying Justin’s company. He perfectly distracted her from thinking about JC. 


„You can’t deny the fact, that’s he’s cute as fuck,“ she thought. 


„You wanna have another cocktail?“ Justin asked her. 


„Are you filling me up, sir?“ she replied, trying to sound serious. 


„Would it be a crime, if I did?“ He replied boldly. 


She gave him a sheepish smile.


„Justin. I have questions…“ 


He opened his eyes wide.


„Which questions?“


Eve cleared her throat, before answering. 


„You’re married.“


He smiled.


„That’s not a question.“


„But a fact.“ 


He nodded. 


„You just fed me with cake in public. Don’t you think this could send wrong signals?“ 


„Which signals, Eve?“ 


„Aren’t you afraid of negative publicity?“ 


„Should I?“ 


Eve sighed.


„You’re dodging my questions.“


Justin sighed as well, before he finally answered. 


„Jess and I are not living together anymore.“ 


Eve gave him a surprised look. 


„Oh… but… this is not public, right?“


He shook his head.


„Not, yet. But it’s just a matter of time.“ 


„Is that the reason, why you don’t care what people might think about us?“ 


„Honestly, I’m not really worried about anyone talking to the press. These people are C’s employees and business partners. They’re used to deal with celebrities and are sensitized to keep things confidential.“


„I see,“ Eve replied. 


„So?“ Justin asked eagerly.


„So, what?“ 


„May I fill you up now?“ 


She laughed. 


„Ya, let’s get wasted, Timberlake.“ 



After drinking another Zombie, Eve was officially drunk. Justin’s condition was the same. The band played current pop music in the meanwhile. Some guests were dancing in front of the stage. 


„Do you like dancing, Eve?“ Justin asked eagerly, after ordering further cocktails at the bar. 


She was standing next to him, knowing very well she should stop drinking at this point. 


„What do you think?“ she asked back, giving him a cheeky smile. 


„I think, those sexy hips of yours can’t wait to show off.“


„You might be right.“ 


The bartender served their cocktails. Both clinked and took a sip. In the next moment Justin grabbed her hand and pulled at the dance floor. The band performed Blank Space from Taylor Swift.


„Come on, beautiful. Show me what you got,“ Justin challenged her. 


Eve begun dancing and singing the lyrics.


Nice to meet you, where you been

I could show you incredible things

Magic, madness, heaven, sin

Saw you there and I thought

Oh my god, look at that face

You look like my next mistake

Love’s a game, wanna play?


[…]


Justin danced close to her, enjoying her little show. 


„Watch out… things are getting a little too hot…“ he was talking to himself in his thoughts. 


He felt a deep urge grabbing her waist and pulling her body close to his. But he hesitated to do so. 


„Once you touched her, you’ll lose control…“ 


New money, suit and tie

I can read you like a magazine

Ain’t it funny, rumors fly

And I know your heard about me

So hey, let’s be friends

I’m dying to see how this one ends

Grab your passport and my hand

I can make the bad guys good for a weekend


[…]


Justin gave her a sexy look. Then he moved his lips close to her right ear. She could smell his scent and felt excited about being that close to him. 


„You didn’t lie about knowing all the cheap lyrics, when you’re drunk.“ 


In the next second JC showed up and spoiled their intimate moment. He grabbed Justin shoulder and pulled him away from her. 


„What’s up, man?“ Justin asked, acting surprised. 


JC was killing him with his eyes. 


„It’s enough.“


Justin gave him a dirty smile. 


„Is it?“ 


Eve was curiously watching the scene.


„You’re drunk,“ JC continued talking. 


„And you’re obviously not,“ Justin talked back. 


JC was hardly able controlling his temper. 


„T, don’t push it,“ he warned his friend. 


„Excuse me. Where’s the problem?“ Eve inferred, giving JC a stern look. 


The alcohol in her blood gave her confidence. She was disappointed, that JC ignored her the whole night and expected an explanation, why he suddenly intervened. 


JC responded her stern look.


„There is no problem.“


Eve felt provoked by his coldness. She grabbed Justin’s hand and pulled him close to her body. Then she put both arms around his neck and continued dancing with him. 


JC’s eyes filled with rage. He watched them for another short moment, before he finally disappeared.


„Eve…“ Justin said quietly. 


She looked into his eyes. 


„What?“ 


„I want this. But I can’t.“ 


She frowned.


„You can’t what?“


„I can’t ignore the fact, that my best friend ist brutally pissed off.“ 


Eve turned upset. 


„We’re just dancing, Justin.“ 


He grabbed her forearms gently and released himself from her embrace. 


„I’m sorry, Eve.“


She looked at him with her eyes wide open. In the next moment he turned away and left the situation. Eve was processing hard, feeling embarrassed. 


After sorting her mind, she decided leaving the party and rushed to the exit. As she reached the door, she suddenly bumped into Eric. 


„What’s up princess? Are you already leaving?“


„Not your business,“ she hissed.


Eric was sure, her bad mood must have something to do with Justin. 


„You look like you just realized, that you’re not playing in Timberlake’s league,“ he provoked her. 


Eve stepped in front of his face and gave him an arrogant look.


„You’re absolutely right, Ricky. I play in the masterclass.“ 



Justin found JC at the bar, chugging a glass of bourbon. 


„You’re good?“ he asked his best friend. 

 

„You have nerves asking me that,“ JC hissed back. 


„Dude… your behavior is abnormally frustrating,“ Justin continued talking.


JC just laughed cynically. 


„You ignored Eve the whole damn night,“ Justin added. 


„This is a firm anniversary party. What the hell did you expect me to do, hm?“ 


„Talking to her? Having a drink or two? Grabbing something to eat…?“


„Feeding her with a fucking cheesecake…?“ JC added. 


Justin scoffed.


„Yes, I provoked you hard. But you just kept acting, like you didn’t give a fuck.“ 


„I’m just sick of your stupid games, T.“ 


„I’m not playing stupid games. You know I really like her.“ 


JC deeply sighed. Then he gave Justin a serious look. 


„I kissed her in the elevator yesterday night.“


Justin jaw dropped to the floor. 


„What?! Why you didn’t tell me earlier?!“ he squeaked. 


„I needed to sort my mind first.“


„Did she kiss you back?!“ 


JC nodded. 


„Fuck, man! That’s good! Then why you ignored her the whole night? I don’t get it!“


„I don’’t know how to deal with the situation. She’s working for me.“


Justin rolled his eyes.


„Stop standing in your own way and looking for lame excuses for not making the next step.“


JC sighed once again in deep frustration. Justin padded his shoulder. 


„The night is still young, man. Grab another drink and do something.“ 


„Like what?“ 


Justin smiled. 


„Do I really need to tell my older brother how to flirt?“ 


„It’s been a while, T.“


„Oh, come one. You got a little rusty, but I’m pretty sure you still know how things work.“ 


In the next moment Eric appeared at the bar, giving both of them an eager look.


Justin frowned. 


„What’s wrong with you, Podwall?“ 


„I’m fine. The question is, are you, as well?“


„Yes, we are,“ JC replied. 


„So, you dumped, Eve?“ Eric asked Justin. 


„Why you care, hm?“ Justin talked back. 


„Because she just furiously left the party.“ 

 

Unforeseen by Patricia

JC and Justin exchanged concerned glances.


„You’re sure she left?“ JC asked Eric. 


„Yap.“ 


„Did you call a taxi for her?“


„No, why should I?“ 


„Because she’s drunk!“ Justin replied. 


„So what? Did she forget where she lives?“ 


Justin and JC looked at each other again. 


„I need to find her,“ JC said.


Then he rushed to the exit. 



Eve left the elevator in the fifties floor. She put the master key out of her bra and opened the door to the open space office. Then she went to her desk, put her blazer on and grabbed her bag out of her drawer. Finally she closed up again and waited for the elevator to arrive. 


Suddenly she heard a female voice giggling. 


„Shhhh…“ a male voice whispered. 


Curiously Eve went to the front desk. She walked around and couldn’t trust her own eyes. 


„Oh.My.God…“ 


Nicole and Richard where sitting at the floor close to each other. An empty bottle of Champagne was standing in front of them. Richard was having countless lipstick marks all over his face. Both smiled at Eve, obviously being drunk, as well. She smiled back.


„I wondered where you’ve been the whole night.“ 


„Really? You seemed being veeeeery busy with Justin,“ Nicole replied. 


Eve wasn’t in the mood talking about Justin. 


„Well, whatever is happening here, I’m sorry for interrupting you.“ 


Then she returned to the elevator. 


„Good night Evy!!!“ Both shouted. 


„Good night weirdos!!!“ Eve shouted back. 


On her way downstairs Eve was still smiling. She felt incredibly happy for Nicole and Richard. At least one good thing happened tonight. 


When she arrived at the ground floor, she took her black ballet flats out of her bag and put them on. Then she left the building. The streets were completely empty. She felt scared walking home in the middle of the night, but it would have taken much longer waiting for a taxi. 



JC arrived at the reception short time later. He hoped finding Eve sitting in the visitor’s corner, waiting for a taxi. But unfortunately this wasn’t the case. He rushed out of the building, hoping to see her somewhere.


„Damn it,“ he thought, being sure she must walked home all by herself. 


Luckily he remembered where she lived. He decided running after her to make sure, that she was okay. 


Few minutes later he saw Eve walking towards her apartment building from distance. 


The entrance door was locked. She was busy looking for her keys in her bag. JC arrived at the building, while she was still searching her keys. He sneaked up from behind. 


„Hey,“ he finally said, standing few steps behind her. 


Eve suddenly turned around, having pepper spray in her right hand. Without hesitating she sprayed it into JC’s face. 


„FUUUUCK!!!“ he screamed out loud. 


In the next second Eve realized it was him. 


„OH NO!“ she screamed back. 


„THIS BURNS LIKE HELL!!!“ 


„I didn’t expect it was you!!! What are you doing here???“ 


JC was in deep pain, not being able to reply. His eyes were completely red and swollen. 


Eve finally found her keys and opened the door quickly. Then she grabbed his right hand and pulled him into the hallway.


„What are you doing?!“ he asked.


„We need to wash this out of your eyes,“ she answered. 


The elevator was waiting downstairs. Both stepped inside and arrived at Eve’s floor short after. JC kept his eyes closed, as they were terribly hurting. Tears were running down his cheeks.


Finally they arrived at Eve’s apartment. She opened up and pulled him into her en-suite bathroom. Then she made him stand in front of the sink and started the tap water. 


JC bent over the sink and washed the pepper spray out of his eyes. 


„Is it helping?“ Eve asked concerned. 


„Ya… it works,“ he answered relieved. 


When the pain finally eased down, JC turned off the water. He kept his eyes closed, as they’ve been still swollen. Eve grabbed his hand again and made him sit at the toilet lid. Then she took a fresh towel out of the drawer and stopped standing between his legs. Carefully she begun drying his wet face. Her bad conscience was killing her. She was shocked, that she did this to his beautiful eyes. 


„Can you open them up?“ she asked, when she finished drying his face. 


JC opened his eyes slowly. 


„Can you see me?“ 


He nodded. She put the towel aside and cupped his cheeks with both hands gently.


„I’m so sorry I did this to you.“ 


JC enjoyed their intimate moment and smiled calmly. 


„It’s my fault. I shouldn’t sneak up from behind.“


Eve smiled back. 


„You scared the shit out of me.“ 


„Are you always armed when you leave the house?“ 


„Of course. This is LA.“  


„Why you didn’t call for a taxi, hm?“ 


„I didn’t want to wait.“ 


„Walking home all alone in the middle of the night was incredibly stupid. I hope you know that.“ 


„Why? Nothing happened to me. You’re the one who got harmed.“


JC chuckled. 


„Why did you follow me?“ Eve continued asking. 


„I wanted to make sure you’re okay.“ 


She smiled again. 


„That’s cute.“ 


„My mama raised me well.“ 


„Yes, she did…“ 


Eve just realized she was still cupping his face. Suddenly she felt JC’s hands moving up her thighs slowly. They run over her ass, before they reached her lower back. He pushed her closer to his body. Eve embraced his neck gently and started playing with the hair at the back of his head. Her face was dangerously close to his. She felt his warm breath on her skin. Both looked at each other. 


„Are you aware of, what you’re doing to me?“ JC whispered.


Eve’s heart run out of control. 


„What am I doing to you?“ she whispered back. 


„You make me lose my mind, Eve…“ 


In the next second she closed the gab between their lips and kissed him passionately. He tasted of bourbon, but she didn’t mind. JC embraced her body tightly, pressing her against her chest. Both were terribly hungry for more.


„I want you so bad…“ Eve talked into his mouth. 


JC’s hands moved down to her ass. He squeezed her cheeks and pushed her body even closer to his chest. 


„Here?“ 


Eve broke their kiss and gave him a tempting smile. She released herself from his embrace, grabbed his hand and pulled him into her bedroom. They stopped standing in front of her queen size bed. 


JC stepped behind her back and dressed off her blazer slowly. Then he embraced her body tightly. He placed tender kisses at her right shoulder and moved his lips slowly up her neck. Eve moaned quietly, enjoying his caresses. He noticed the goosebumps he was giving her and smiled. 


„Do you like it?“ he whispered in her ear, before kissing it gently. 


„Mmmm, yeees…“ 


„Your taste is driving me crazy, Eve…“ 


He released her body slowly and moved his hands to her back. Then he opened the long zipper of her dress. Slowly it fell to the floor. Seeing her strapless red lace bra and her matching thong made him smile dirty. He pressed his hard cock against her ass and continued kissing her shoulders. 


Eve turned in his direction slowly. He stared at her full breasts and licked his lips in deep anticipation. Her hands run up his chest. Patiently he watched her opening the buttons of his shirt. When she finished undressing his upper body, she placed gentle kisses on his warm skin. Then she continued opening his belt and the zipper of his trousers. Carefully she stroke his hard dick through the thin fabric of his black briefs. He groaned quietly. She gave him a tempting look and bit her lower lip playfully. 


JC run his fingers through her hair and removed her tie. He loved it, when her hair was open. His hands moved down her back slowly to undress her bra next. His eyes begun to shine, as he finally saw her naked breasts. They looked much better than in his wildest fantasies. 


He grabbed her hips and lifted her up. Immediately Eve looped her legs around his waist and her arms around his neck. Carefully he laid her down in the middle of her bed, staying on top of her. He kissed her lips again, but this time careful and slow. He wanted relish every second with her to its full extent. 


His mouth moved slowly down her chin to her neckline. Eve’s eyes were closed, as his lips met her left breast. She moaned with pure pleasure, as he begun licking her nipple gently. Then he gave the same attention to her other breast. Eve’s desire for him reached its peak. She grabbed his hair at the back of his head. 


„Pleaaase…“ she begged quietly. 


JC looked into her face, giving her a dirty look.


„Please what, Eve…?“


„I wanna feel you…“ 


Her obvious urge for him was turning him on badly. He grabbed the waistband of her thong and pulled it down slowly. She was completely shaved. He stared at her naked body for a moment.


„Do you like what you see?“ she asked.


JC nodded.


„You’re perfection.“ 


He got rid of his briefs in a second and returned on top of her. His hard dick was pressing against her core. She rubbed herself against him, impatiently waiting for penetration. JC looked deep into her eyes, before he finally entered her carefully. Eve moaned, as he was completely filling her up. 


He pressed his lips on hers, while thrusting her deep, but slow. Her orgasm was building up quickly. She tried holding it back, but it seemed impossible to keep her lust under control. Her breath accelerated. She needed to break their kiss. JC gave her another sexy smile. 


„Someone can’t wait, hm…?“ 


She got lost in ecstasy, moaning loudly. JC enjoyed her untamed lust. He begun thrusting her harder to bring her to the edge. 


„Mmmmm… oh yeeeees… mooooore…“ 


Her sudden tightness made him gasp for air. He felt his own orgasm being on its way. 


„Come for me, baby…“


„Yeeeees… harder… pleaaaase…“


He did what he asked for. 


„OH GOOOOOD… JOOOOOSH…!!!“


Hearing her screaming his name made him immediately lose control. 


„EEEEEVE…!!!“

 

End Notes:

Next chapter comes on Monday. 

I'm thinking about at which point I should bring this story to an end. Originally it shouldn't have been a long one. But it can be, if you wish.

Thank you for reading <3

I need to know something by Patricia


Both needed a moment finding their ways back to normal. JC stayed on top of her and placed tender kisses on her face. His affection was making her heart melt. She didn’t expect him being such a gentle lover. 


Finally he looked into her eyes and smiled. Eve smiled back.


„What’s going on in your head?“ she asked curiously.


„You screamed my name.“


„I’m aware of that fact.“


„I mean… my real name…“


Eve giggled.


„Are you surprised I know your real name?“


„Of course not. I’m just wondering why.“


Eve stroke his hair gently, still smiling at him. 


„Well, screaming two letters seemed impersonal.“ 


JC chuckled. 


„Good point.“ 


„Is it okay for you, when I call you this?“ 


He nodded.


She bit her bottom lip. JC lowered his head and did the same carefully. They begun kissing each other again. He turned their bodies around and made her lie on top of him. She felt his hardness pushing against her core. 


„Do you want more?“ he asked, before entering her. 


She nodded and let him slid inside slowly. 


„Mmmmmm… you feel so good, Josh…“



JC woke up in the next morning, holding Eve’s body close from behind. He took a deep breath, inhaling her smell. A bright satisfied smile appeared all over his face. He raised his upper body a little bit and begun placing soft kisses at her neck and her shoulder. He hoped waking her up this way. But Eve didn’t react. Having sex with him four times that night completely knocked her off. 



Some time later Eve finally woke up, lying at her belly. 


„Damn it…“ she thought, feeling her head aching badly. „Stop drinking two nights in a row. You’re too old for this…“ 


Slowly she raised her head and realized she was alone in bed. 


„Where is he?“ 


She sat down and noticed, that his clothes weren’t lying on the floor next to hers. 


„Did he just leave?“ 


Eve was confused about the situation, not knowing how she should feel about it. She didn’t expect him leaving without a single word, after what happened last night. Was she really that wrong about him?


Slowly she stood up and went into the bathroom. She grabbed her bathrobe from the hook and put it on. After peeing and brushing her teeth, she removed her make-up from the prior night and put her hair into a messy bun. Then she swallowed two aspirin and went into the kitchen. She started the coffee maker and tried sorting her mind. Why did JC disappear? Did she do something wrong? Her disappointment about his absence couldn’t get any bigger. 


The coffee maker run out of beans and started beeping. Eve rolled her eyes in deep frustration, blaming herself for not having an extra package on hand. 


In the next second she heard someone opening up her front door. She turned around and saw JC entering her living area with two coffee cups and a paper bag in his hands. He was wearing grey sweat shorts, a black t-shirt, white sport sneakers and his black framed glasses. 


Eve stared at him, as he was coming closer. He stopped standing in front of her and put the coffee and the paper bag a the kitchen island. He noticed her tension and frowned. 


„Is everything okay?“ 


„You should have left a note,“ she complained. 


JC smiled. 


„A note, saying what?“ 


„That you just left for bringing coffee and food.“ 


He smiled harder, coming another step towards her. 


„I’m sorry. I didn’t expect you waking up in between.“


He grabbed her right hand and pulled her into his arms. She put her arms around his neck, still giving him a stern look.


„Stop looking that grumpy. I apologized,“ he said.


„I’ve spent the last fifteen minutes wishing you to hell.“ 


JC chuckled. 


„I must admit, I kind of enjoy that fact.“ 


„Well… guess what… I kind of enjoyed knocking you off with my pepper spray,“ she talked back. 


JC lowered his head and bit her neck playfully. She giggled. 


„That’s how you thank me for bringing coffee and breakfast?“


„I mean it, Josh. Don’t you dare leaving me like this ever again,“ she warned him. 


He realized she must really felt upset about it and regretted hurting her feelings.


„I promise, I won’t.“


Then he placed a gentle kiss on her lips. She kissed him back, feeling thousand butterflies in her belly.


„Why there’s no coffee in this house, hm?“ he complained next. 


„I’m a lousy housewife.“


„Luckily you have other qualities…“ 


He kissed her again, this time deeper. Eve smiled into his mouth.


„Stop turning me on. I need caffeine, first.“ 


„Really? You blame me for getting coffee and then you dismiss me for having coffee?“ 


Eve laughed dirty. 


„Yap.“


Then she released him and grabbed one cup from the kitchen island. She took a sip and sighed with satisfaction. JC grabbed the other cup. Eve opened the paper bag.


„Uh yes… bagels and sweets.“ 


„I thought you need some hangover breakfast.“ 


„I really do.“


She looked at him, wondering about his outfit.


„Where does that clothes come from?“ 


„That’s my workout outfit I keep in my car.“


„Have you been in the office?“


„No, just the parking garage, why?“ 


Eve was wondering, if Nicole and Richard spent the rest of the night at the fiftieth floor.“ 


„Nic and Richy made out behind the front desk last night.“


JC raised his eyebrows.


„No way…“


„Richard had lipsticks marks all over his face.“


„Son of a gun.“


Eve smiled.


„I hope it turns into something serious.“


JC gave her a sudden deep look.


„I hope for the same.“ 


Eve’s heart skipped a beat. 


„Do you mean them… or… us?“


He smiled sheepishly. 


„Both.“ 


Eve put her cup back at the counter, before falling around his neck. She kissed him deep, pressing her body hard against his chest. While kissing her back, he grabbed her thighs and made her sit at the kitchen counter.


„Damn it. It’s too high…“ JC complained.


Eve chuckled. 


„I see this is not working. But I have a big bathtub…“ 


He smiled back. 


„I know…“ 



When the bathtub was filled with hot water and foam, Eve and JC started undressing themselves in front of each other. Both smiled, exchanging glances. Eve was a sucker for his chest hair and bit her lip. JC got hypnotized by her naked breasts. She noticed his hungry gazes and smiled self satisfied. She entered the bathtub first. JC followed and laid down opposite of her. Both enjoyed the pleasant moment, when their muscles started relaxing. Eve was having her legs above his body. He begun stroking her feet and calves gently. 


„How come you live downtown?“ he wanted to know.


Eve smiled. 


„I’m a city girl.“


„Oh really?“ 


„New York is my most favorite place. I always dreamed about living in one of those fancy skyscrapers in Manhattan one day. This here was the closest I could get,“ she explained. 


„Well, it’s not Manhattan. But it’s definitely a fancy skyscraper.“


„Yes, it is.“


„Obviously your boss pays you well.“


Eve laughed. 


„My boss should know by now, that I’m worth every penny.“


„Be sure he does.“ 


Both exchanged loving glances. Then Eve continued talking. 


„My parents died young and left some money. I thought it would be smart investing it in real estate.“ 


„I’m sorry to hear about your parents.“


„Ya, it’s really sad. But that made it easier for me leaving home.“


„I see.“ 


„Why are you in L.A.?“ she wanted to know next.


„That’s were the music industry is,“ JC answered. „But I also enjoy living in California in general. I can’t imagine living anywhere else, to be honest.“


„Well, if I had a fancy villa in The Hills, I definitely wouldn’t move, either,“ she teased. 


He smiled at her. 


„I had a lot of luck in my life. I’m not denying that fact.“


„This is not about luck, Josh. You worked hard for your success.“


He raised his eyebrows. 


„Did you finally google me?“ 


„No. Sandy did.“ 


„Oh, she’s very nice by the way. We’ve had a chat on the phone, when you decided falling into coma at my sofa.“ 


„I know that. Why you answered my phone, hm?“


„I believed she must’ve been worried about you.“


„Okay. I let that count.“ 


Both exchanged loving gazes again. Then JC turned serious. 


„Eve…“ 


„Hm?“ 


„I need to know something…“

 

End Notes:

I have a little writer's block and not much time this week. Try my best to post the next chapter soon. 

Happy new year!

What about Justin? by Patricia

Eve smiled, having an idea what would come next. JC gave her an irritated look. 


„I’m not interested in Justin,“ she said. 


He raised one eyebrow, not being convinced this was the truth. 


„And how do you explain what happened at the party?“ 


„He’s fun. I enjoyed his company.“


„That’s all?“ 


„Yes.“


JC was still skeptical. Eve noticed that he wasn’t convinced, yet. Slowly she raised herself a little and moved into his direction. She sat down at his lap and put her arms around his neck. 


„All I want is you,“ she whispered temptingly, before placing a tender kiss on his lips. 


He couldn’t resist her and kissed her back hungrily. She enjoyed having that power over him, feeling him getting hard quickly. 


She broke their kiss and let him enter her. Both moaned quietly, looking into each other eyes. He grabbed her breasts and squeezed them gently, while she was moving back and forth slowly.


„You feel amazing… I can’t get enough of you…“ he whispered.


Eve smiled at him, completely getting lost in the moment. She accelerated her pace, as her orgasm was building up. 


„It drives me insane to see you come for me…“ 


His hands went down to her hips, as she moved faster, craving for release. 


„Jooooosh… come with me…“


„Already there, baby… just let go…“ 


„Oh goooood…!“ 



Eve was busy drying her long hair when they finished their bath. JC put his clothes on and went into the kitchen to grab something to drink. In the same moment the front door opened up. Sandra entered the apartment and abruptly stopped, as her eyes met JC. Her jaw dropped to the floor. 


„It happened…“ she stammered. 


JC looked back at her, with a glass of tap water in his hand. 


„God lord, it really happened…“ 


JC couldn’t suppress his smile. 


Sandra came few steps closer.


„Is she okay?“ 


He frowned. 


„Why shouldn’t she be okay?“ 


„Um… dunno… maybe you… um… it’s been a while since she… um… I’m not sure, if she could handle all of… this…“


JC chuckled.


„I assure you, she handled all of this pretty well.“ 


„Okay… so… where is she?“ 


„Bathroom.“


Sandra sat down at the kitchen island, still staring at him. 


„I have further questions.“ 


JC was still smiling. He put his glass aside and crossed his arms. 


„Which questions?“ 


„Are you a couple now?“ 


JC raised his eyebrows. 


„We didn’t have this conversation, yet.“


„But you’re in love with her, right?“ 


JC grinned harder. 


„Is she in love with me?“ 


„I’m not allowed talking to you about that,“ Sandra said, while nodding. 


JC’s smile couldn’t get any bigger. Then he came closer and gave her a deep look. 


„What about Justin?“ 


Sandra smiled dirty.


„After what you did to her in that elevator, Justin lost his thrill,“ she whispered. 


„So… you’re saying, there was some thrill before?“


Sandra bent towards him, giving him a serious look.


„It’s Justin Timberlake. Do I really need to say more?“ 


JC rolled his eyes.


„You don’t have to worry. His weird behavior pissed her off,“ Sandra added. 


„Which weird behavior?“ 


„Hitting on her, but not asking her out. Asking for her number, but not getting in touch…“


„But he would’ve had a serious chance, if he didn’t screw things up?“


„You’ve been an asshole, JC. Justin on the other hand was pretty charming. You shouldn’t be surprised, that he awoke her interest.“ 


„Asshole? Did she call me that?“ 


„You’ll bring me into big trouble with all these questions.“ 


JC just stared at her, processing what he just learned. 


„Why have you been that difficult at the beginning, hm?“ Sandra continued talking. 


„To keep her on distance.“ 


„Does it mean, you didn’t want her to like you?“ 


„Ya… kind of…“ 


„Why?“ 


„To keep things professional.“ 


Sandra started laughing. 


„Your plan didn’t work out well.“ 


JC chuckled. 


„I agree to that fact.“ 


„Which fact?“ they suddenly heard Eve asking. 


She just entered the living area, wearing pink sweat shorts and a white tank top.


„You banged your boss,“ Sandra answered boldly. 


„You told me to do so,“ Eve replied, giving her friend a smugly look. 


She stopped standing in front of JC and put her arms around his waist. He hugged her back and placed a gentle kissed on her forehead. 


„What did she tell you?“ Eve asked, knowing very well, that her friend was an open book. 


„Everything,“ JC answered. 


„Okay, I should go now,“ Sandra said and stood up from her stool. 


„We talk later,“ Eve warned her. 


Sandra grinned sheepishly, walking towards the front door. When she left the apartment, Eve gave her attention back to JC.


„What did she say?“ Eve asked again. 


JC smiled at her and cupped her face gently.


„That you’re in love with me.“


Eve flushed a little, smiling back at him. 


„She’s such a shameless traitor.“ 


„So, it’s true… hm…?“


Eve looked deep into his eyes nodded. JC’s heart turned countless somersaults. He bent down and kissed her lips gently. 


„Same here, honey.“


They kissed again, before Eve continued talking. 


„Have you any plans for today?“


JC shook his head and smiled.


„So… will you stay here with me?“ 


He stroke her cheek softly. 


„I’ll stay as long as you let me.“ 


Eve smiled all over her face and kissed him for another time. She couldn’t remember when she felt so happy for the last time in her life. Everything about JC felt completely right. She could hardly believe all of this was really happening to her. 


In the next moment her cellphone rang. Eve broke their kiss and grinned.


„This must be Nicole.“ 


„She’ll give you all spicy details about last night, hm?“ JC asked. 


„I would be disappointed if not.“ 


Suddenly JC turned uneasy. 


„Um… but… things between us…“


„Don’t worry,“ she interrupted him. „Nic has no idea and I’ll keep in that way, if this is what you want.“


JC just nodded. Eve cracked another smile and released him. Then she hurried into the bedroom to answer the call. 


JC made sure the bedroom door was closed. Then he grabbed his phone as well and called Justin. 


„You didn’t come home last night. I checked,“ Justin said, after picking up. 


„Why would you do that?“ JC wanted to know. 


„Curiosity.“


„Why you just didn’t write me a text?“ 


„I did. But you didn’t answer.“ 


„Oh.“ 


„So… does it mean things went well?“ 


„Yes, they did.“ 


„Are you still at her place?“ 


„I am.“


„Was it good?“ 


„It was.“


„I’m proud of you.“


JC smiled self satisfied. 


„Guess I should thank you for being a giant dick.“ 


„Yes, you should.“ 


There was a short pause before JC continued talking. 


„Thank you for stepping back, man. I know I should have said that earlier.“


„No big deal. You deserve to be happy. I was truly worried you wouldn’t allow yourself falling in love ever again after that giant disaster with…“


„Ya… let’s just not talk about that.“ JC interrupted his friend. 


„She’s different,“ Justin said next.


„I know.“ 


„Please don’t punish her for the shitshow you experienced with her name twin.“


„It’s not exactly the same name, thankfully…“ 


There was another short pause. 


„Hey um… is she mad at me for leaving her alone?“ Justin wanted to know. 


„Dunno. All she said was, that she’s not interested in you,“ JC answered. 


„Not interested?!“ 


„This were her words.“


Justin scoffed. 


„That’s a lie.“


„I don’t think so.“ 


„I’m pretty sure we’ve had a moment at the dance floor. 


„All you’ve had were too many drinks, bro.“ 

 

Focus! by Patricia

When Eve finished her call with Nicole, she found JC sitting at her sofa, watching telly. She let herself fall next to him and embraced his upper body. JC put his arm around her and kissed her head. 


„So?“ He asked eagerly.


Eve looked at him and smiled. 


„You like gossiping, hm?“ she teased. 


„I do. Now tell me,“ he replied. 


„I can’t. Nic my friend. I need to be loyal.“ 


„Why? Sandra isn’t loyal and you still call her your friend,“ he joked. 


Eve rolled her eyes.


„I wanna know everything she told you.“


„Okay, but first you tell me about Nicole and Richard.“


„Fine. There was no sex.“


„What a shame, why not?“ 


„Must there always be sex to call it a successful date?“


„That’s not what I’m saying.“


„Then what exactly are you saying?“ 


JC felt trapped.


„Um… dunno…“


Eve smiled and continued talking. 


„They decided taking things slow. But they go out tonight.“ 


„Hopefully not for dinner.“


She laughed.


„The movies. Richy is not allergic to popcorn.“


JC pulled her even closer to his body and kissed her head again.


„He can be grateful having you as a friend.“


„Why?“ 


„Thanks to you he got the girl he wanted. And he got promoted.“ 


Eve smiled again. 


„He deserved both.“


„Definitely.“



Eve and JC spent the rest of the day at her place. In the late afternoon they ordered pizza and collapsed in front of the telly after eating. Eve crawled into his arm, when he started a series on Netflix, purring in deep satisfaction. He smiled all over his face. She noticed and looked at him. 


„What is it?“ 


„Hm?“


„That smile of yours?“


„Nothing. It just… you’re clingy. I didn’t expect that. But I like it.“ 


Eve didn’t know how to react. She raised herself and continued staring at him. JC smiled harder and cupped her cheek. 


„I said, I like it.“ 


„Good for you. Because cuddling is a serious thing for me.“


„Oh really?“


„Yes.“


„I’m happy we clarified that, kitten.“ 


She opened her eyes wide.


„Really? You call me kitten?“ 


„Is that a problem?“ 


She cracked a smile.


„No. But don’t you dare saying pussycat.“ 


JC chuckled. She returned into his arm and moved her hand under his shirt to feel his naked skin.


„Okay, this is not cuddling. This is foreplay.“


„What? My hand under your shirt means foreplay to you?“


„Absolutely.“


„You want me to stop?“ 


„It’s too late.“


Eve giggled.


„Are you saying me touching your belly turns you on so bad, that it must lead to sex?“ 


„Yes.“


„Looks like you’re pretty easy to get,“ she teased.  


JC made her lie on her back and pushed himself between her legs. She smiled all over her face. He begun nibbling and kissing her neck playfully, knowing by now that it was making her wild. 


„I don’t need much effort to turn you on, either,“ he whispered temptingly in her ear. 


„Who’s says I’m turned on?“ she whispered with deep breath. 


JC’s right hand slid into her panties. She started to moan, as his fingers met her clit. He gave her a dirty smile. 


„Are you saying you’re always that wet?“


She bit her lower lip and grinned naughty.


„It became a habit since I know you.“ 


His smile couldn’t get any bigger. He continued playing with her clit.


„So… you’ve been hot for me during work, hm?“ 


„Yeees…“ 


„Did you imagine having sex with me in the office?“


„Yeees…“


„Where exactly?“


„Your desk…“


JC was on fire. He kissed her lips passionately, before his head moved down her body. He grabbed the waistband of her shorts and her panties and dressed them off at once. His face was between her legs.


„Shit…“ Eve was thinking. „Focus!“ 


JC begun kissing her inner thighs, switching playfully from one to the other. Eve closed her eyes, while her breath gone deeper with every second. 


Finally his lips met hers.


„Jesus, please let me enjoy this for once!“


His tongue carefully slid between her lips. In the same moment Eve bursted out laughing. JC stopped and gave her an irritated look. 


„I’m sorry…“ she immediately apologized. 


„What’s so funny?“ He wanted to know. 


„Nothing… it’s just… I’m terribly ticklish…“


JC looked at her with pure disbelief.


„Ticklish?“


„Yes.“


„At this spot?“ 


Sheepishly Eve bit her lips and nodded. He started grinning.


„You can’t be serious.“


She sighed. 


„It’s not like I do this on purpose, Josh…“


„Did you ever came this way?“ he asked eagerly. 


Slowly she shook her head. JC raised his eyebrows.


„Really? No one ever made you come like that?“ 


She shook her head again. He looked at her for a moment, not knowing if he should be amused or feeling pity.


„I can’t accept that fact,“ he finally said. 


She gave him a confused look. 


„Let me try again.“ 


„You don’t need to. I don’t expect miracles.“ 


He gave her a tempting smile. Then he lowered his head again. Eve’s breath immediately accelerated. 


Instead of exploring her clit gently, he begun sucking her hard. 


„Good lord Jooooosh…!“ she screamed out loud, with her eyes open wide. “ 


She grabbed his hair aggressively with one hand. JC stopped and gave her a dirty smile. She panted for air, impatiently waiting for more. 


„Looks like my kitten just needs it rough.“ 


„Yeees… please don’t stop…“ she begged. 


JC lowered his head again and continued satisfying her. 


„Oh goooood…!“


„I wanna try something else…“ he said, making another short pause. 


Eve just nodded, waiting for more. 


He entered her with his tongue, while rubbing her clit with his thumb. Eve was losing control. 


„FUCK…!!! YES…!!! NOW…!!!“ She screamed, feeling a sudden wave of pure satisfaction rushing through every cell of her body.



JC returned on top of her, while she was processing the completely new experience. He kissed her and gave her a naughty smile. 


„You came good?“ 


She nodded, still catching her breath. 


„You are incredible…“


He placed another soft kiss on her lips. 


„And you are delicious…“ 

 

You didn't lie by Patricia

It was Sunday morning. Eve woke up by her vibrating tone of her cell, lying at the bedside table. JC was spooning her tightly. Carefully she checked the display. It was Sandra. 


„Nope,“ she was thinking and decided ignoring the call. 


Short time later it vibrated again. Eve rolled her eyes, knowing Sandra wouldn’t let go, till she picked up. Carefully she released herself from JC’s embrace, stood up and put on her bathrobe. Then she left the bedroom on her tiptoes and closed the door quietly. 


„Why you call that early? she blamed her friend, as she picked up. 


„Early? It 11 AM.“ Sandra talked back. „You let me wait long enough. I want the whole story. And don’t you dare missing out any detail!“ 


„Well, the story isn’t over, yet.“ 


„What?! Don’t tell me he’s still with you.“


„He is.“ 


„Jesus Christ Almighty! Can you walk?!


Eve chuckled.


„Barely.“ 


„I hate you so much.“


„Can’t blame you for that.“


„How is the sex?“ 


„Sandy.“


„You know I need to know and I’ll ask until you say it.“ 


Eve rolled her eyes.


„It’s unreal.“


„Lucky bitch.“


„I know.“


„So? How’s your status? I mean, if he stayed another night, he obviously can’t get enough of you.“ 


Eve smiled all over her face and sat down at the kitchen island. 


„He said, that he hopes things will turn serious and… um… he called me his during…“ 


„During what?“ 


„Pleasing me.“


„Damn, girl.“


„I’m more than just in love with him, Sandy.“


„I know.“


„He makes me happy.“


„I know.“ 


Eve heard the bedroom door opening up in the same moment. She turned around and saw JC walking outside, being completely naked. She bit her lower lip, scanning his perfect shaped body from head to toe. JC enjoyed her hungry gazes. He went towards her, smiling sexy.


„Let’s talk later. I have things to do,“ Eve said to Sandra.


„Are you saying you gonna bang him again?“ 


„Ya…“


Eve hung up. JC stopped standing in front of her.


„You dared leaving me alone in bed without a note,“ he complained half seriously. 


She tried hard suppressing a smile. 


„You can punish me, if you want.“ 


JC pushed himself between her thighs and opened her bathrobe. He squeezed her naked breasts gently with both hands and begun kissing her neck. 


„Sounds compelling…“ he whispered in her ear. „But the truth is, all I wanna do is to satisfy you… over and over again…“ 


Eve was melting hearing him say that. 


„Bring me back to bed, Josh,“ she whispered.


He grabbed her thighs and did what she asked for. Eve embraced his neck while he was carrying your into the bedroom. He sat down at the edge of her bed, having her on his lap. 


„So hard for me…“ she said, feeling his dick pushing against her core.


„So wet for me…“ he replied. 


Eve let him enter her, while staring deep into his beautiful eyes. 


„I can’t get enough of you…“  she moaned quietly.  


„We have another whole day and night to make love, baby…“ 




In the next morning JC woke up by his alarm. Eve was lying in his arm, feeling annoyed by its sound. 


„No…“ she murmured half asleep. 


JC grabbed his phone from the bedside table and switched the alarm off. 


„It’s time, kitten. We need to go back to reality,“ he said calmly and kissed her head. 


„I said no.“


JC chuckled and turned her on her back. She kept her eyes closed. He caressed her cheek gently.


„Believe me, I wished we could stay in bed,“ he whispered.


„Then let’s stay in bed. You’re the boss. You can do whatever you want,“ she replied, still not opening her eyes. 


He smiled. 


„I need to prepare the team meeting.“ 


„Okay… fine…“ she said, before turning away to get back to sleep. 


„Baby… what are you doing, hm?“ 


„I’m not going with you.“


He smiled harder.


„What that suppose to mean?“ 


„I’m not starting at seven anymore.“ 


„Oh really?“


„Yes.“


JC turned her body on her back again. She finally opened her eyes. 


„And you think I’ll tolerate this?“ 


Eve gave him a naughty smile.


„It’s not like you have a choice.“ 


He laid down on top of her. She looped her legs around his waist.


„I’m still your boss, Eve.“ 


„But you’re hot for me.“


„Do you believe this means I’ll let you get away with everything?“


„Yes.“ 


JC smiled all over his face, before kissing her lips passionately. He was brutally turned on by her little power game and pushed his hard cock deep inside of her. Eve closed her eyes again and gasped for air. Both longed for fast release, accelerating their pace quickly. JC grabbed her hands and interlocked his fingers with hers.


„Come for me, baby… I’m close,“ he talked into her mouth. 


Eve let go short after.


„Josh… oh Jooooosh…!!!“


„Yes, Eve… yeeeees…!!!“




„You’re late,“ Nicole said, when Eve left the elevator and stopped standing in front of her desk. She was wearing a white top with a short baby blue cardigan, a black pencil skirt and black heels. 


„I’m not,“ Eve talked back.


Nicole raised her eyebrows. 


„I don’t need to be here at seven any more,“ Eve added. 


„Why not?“


„JC realized it makes no sense forcing me.“ 


„How did you manage that?“ 


„It doesn’t matter. You better tell me about your date with Richard.“


Nicole started grinning.


„It was nice. He brought me home after the movies and I invited him in for a drink…“


Eve opened her eyes wide.


„What happened to you wanting to take things slow?“ 


„Well… the sex was slow, so I guess it still counts…“


„Oh my god… you did it!“ Eve squeaked.


Nicole flushed a little, while nodding. Eve went around the front desk and pulled her into her arms.


„I’m so happy for you two.“ 


„Thank you, dear.“ 


Both released each other. Nicole suddenly turned serious. She remembered what Eve said about her night with Justin at the rooftop, when they talked on the phone. 


„I’m sorry, that things with JT didn’t turn out.“ 


„Oh. Don’t worry about it. I’m good.“ 


„I really don’t understand his behavior. What the hell is wrong with him?“


„Nothing is wrong with him. We’re just not meant to be.“ 


Nicole gave her another pity look.


„You deserve to be happy, Evy.“


„Trust me, I am happy. Now let’s go. It’s time for the team meeting.“ 



Nicole and Eve entered the conference room. Eve’s eyes immediately met JC’s. He watched her, as she was coming closer. She acted cool and sat down on the free chair next to him.


„Good morning, boss,“ she said, piercing him with her big blue eyes. 


„Good morning. How was your weekend?“ He replied.  


„A little exhausting. But I’m not complaining.“


„Sounds like you didn’t catch up much sleep.“


„Yes. That’s why I was a little absentminded when I made myself ready for work this morning.“


„Oh really?“ 


„Ya. I forgot something.“


„What did you forget?“ 


Eve moved her head closer to his. 


„Panties,“ she whispered. 


JC was processing hard, while she was suppressing a smile.


„So, as everybody finally arrived, let’s get started,“ Eric announced, sitting at the opposite of the conference table. 


Both gave their attention to him, as the rest of the team. 


„I don’t wanna bore you, but we need to talk about the budgets for the next year,“ Eric continued talking. 


JC assured himself, that everybody was focusing on Eric. Then he grabbed Eve’s right thigh under the table. She immediately shivered, feeling his warm palm on her naked skin. He moved his hand higher, meeting the edge of her skirt. Eve bit her lower lip, trying hard not losing her pokerface. JC made a short pause, before pushing his fingers under the fabric. Her heart started racing. Finally he reached her core and turned his head in her direction. She looked back at him, breathing deep. 


„You didn’t lie,“ he whispered her ear.


„Of course not…“ 


„This is inappropriate, Eve. We are at work.“


„You’re teasing my clit during our team meeting and call my behavior inappropriate?“ 


JC smiled dirty.


„Excuse me, are you finished with your private chitchat?“ Eric said annoyed, giving JC and Eve a stern look. 


Both gave him an innocent look. JC removed his hand from Eve’s lap. 


„You have our full attention, Ricky.“

 

Why is she still here, Jay? by Patricia


When the meeting was over, everybody returned to their desks. Before JC left the room as well, Eric made him stop and closed the glass door again. Then he gave him an eager look.


„What?“ JC asked irritated. 


„You tell me,“ Eric replied.


JC just frowned. 


„I mean Eve. What happened after the party?“ 


„She knocked me out with pepper spray.“ 


Eric’s jaw dropped to the floor. 


„She did what?!“ 


JC chuckled. 


„It wasn’t smart running after a woman in the middle of the night.“


„Did she believe you were a sex offender?!“ 


„Probably.“ 


„And what happened then?“  


„She took me home.“


Eric crossed his arms, giving him a serious look. 


„Why is she still here, Jay?“ 


JC sighed annoyed. 


„I’m not firing her.“ 


„This is a giant mistake!“ 


„I don’t think so.“ 


„How can you be that naive?! Banging an employee causes nothing else but trouble!“


„That’s not your business, Ricky. So please do both of us a big favor and stop telling me what to do.“ 



In the meanwhile Eve grabbed Richard’s arm and leaded him into the kitchen. As they were undisturbed, she smiled all over her face and stopped standing in front of him. Richard’s smiled back and flushed. 


„So? Will you talk or do I need force you?“ she asked. 


Instead of replying, Richard just pulled her into a deep hug. 


„Thank you. For everything.“ 


„This was all you, Richy. I just pushed you in the right direction.“ 


„Then thank you for that.“ 


Eve was incredibly happy for her friend and kissed his cheek heartily. 


„You’re welcome.“ 


In the next moment Eric entered the kitchen. Both looked at him, as he went towards the coffee maker. 


„May I talk to you in private, Eve?“ he asked. 


Eve and Richard exchanged glances. Then he left the kitchen and closed the door. 


„Do you wanna show off, that you finally learned how to make coffee?“ Eve provoked him. 


Eric scoffed.


„I know you got laid by your boss.“ 


Eve wasn’t surprised that JC shared the news with his friend.


„I’m not talking to you about Josh.“ 


Eric opened his eyes wide.


„Josh? You really dare calling him that?“ 


Eve gave him an irritated look. 


„It’s his name.“ 


„Still, no one is allowed calling him that, accept his folks.“ 


„I am.“ 


Eric closed his eyes for a second and sighed. 


„Look,“ he finally said. „I’m not denying the fact, that Jay is deeply attracted to you. And yes, maybe there are some romantic feelings, as well. But if you believe, things will turn into something serious, I really need to disappoint you. This man is not made for settling down. You might have the naive idea you’re the game changer, but you’re not. If he wanted a woman for life, he would have one by now. Do you understand what I’m trying to say?“ 


Eve tried acting unimpressed.


„Are you finished?“ 


„Don’t waste your time, princess. It’s just a well meant advice.“ 


Eve turned around and left the kitchen. She tried hard not allowing Eric to manipulate her mind, but unfortunately it wasn’t that easy.


As she arrived at her desk, she looked into JC’s office. He was sitting at his desk and staring at his screen. Like he was feeling her gazes, he suddenly looked back at her. Then he smiled. Eve’s butterflies immediately freaked out and made her smile back all over her face. 


„Screw you, Eric. I am the game changer,“ she talked to herself in her thoughts. 



In the late afternoon, Eve was feeling excited. She glanced at Peter, who was the last sitting with her in the open space office. Peter just finished preparing a contract for a new client and went with the paper into JC’s office. Then he returned to his desk and switched off his laptop. 


„See ya tomorrow,“ he shouted into the room, before he left. 


„Bye!“ Eve replied. 


When he was finally gone, she turned on her chair into JC’s direction. He already looked at her, with a sexy grin in his face. She smiled back. 


JC gestured her to come into his office. She stood up slowly and did what he asked for. Then she stopped standing in the doorstep. 


„What can I do for you, boss?“ she asked temptingly.


„Come here and I’ll show you,“ he answered. 


Eve came closer and sat down crossed legged at his desk in front of him. He gazed at her naked thighs.


„I was looking forward to this the whole day,“ he confessed. 


„That makes to of us…“ 


JC came closer moved one hand from her calve to her thigh. Then he stood up, grabbed her legs and spread them to to push himself in between. Her tight skirt slid higher. JC’s lips touched her neck lightly, moving up to her ear. He bit her earlobe gently. Eve’s breath gone deeper. She closed her eyes, enjoying his caresses. His mouth was on its way to her cleavage. He placed soft kisses on her naked skin. Eve moaned quietly, bending her upper body in his direction. She was terribly craving for more. JC was holding her lower back, while his kisses became more demanding. His lips moved higher, meeting her chin and her mouth next. At the same time he grabbed her thighs to pull her closer. Eve felt his hardness pushing against her. She grabbed his belt with both hands and opened it, as well as the zipper of his jeans. Then she let one hand slip inside his briefs. 


„Mmmmm…“ he groaned into her mouth, as she moved her hand up and forth slowly. „I want you so bad…“ 


Eve released him out of his briefs. Then she put her arms around his neck. Impatiently he pushed himself closer and entered her deep. 


„Ahhhhh…!“


„Is this was happened in your imagination?“ he wanted to know. 


„That’s just one of several scenarios,“ she replied with a dirty smile in her face. 


He smiled back.


„Be sure we’ll make every scenario come true by the end of this week.“ 


Then he kissed her passionately and thrusted her harder. Very soon Eve was ready to let go.


„Jooosh… I’m coming… but you need to hold back…“ she panted. 


„Okay…“ 


He grabbed her thighs to accelerate his pace once again. 


„Yes… oh yeees… yeeeees…!!!“ 


Eve got lost in the moment, letting her peak taking control. JC stopped thrusting her and kissed her lips again, while she was slowly returning back to reality. 


„What now, Eve?“ 


„Sit at your chair,“ she ordered. 


JC obeyed. Eve bit her lower lip and grinned dirty again. Then she stood up from his desk and knelt down in front of him. She pushed herself between his legs, while he was watching the scene in deep anticipation. 


„I bet, this scenario was in your head more than just once, hm?“ she asked temptingly. 


JC gave her a naughty smile. 


„You have no idea…“ 


She lowered her head and put him into her mouth.


„Oh fuck…“ he groaned.


Seeing her satisfying him this way was making him losing control quickly. He put one hand into her hair, while she was licking and sucking his tip playfully. 


„This feels so good… don’t stop…“ 


Eve accelerated her pace steadily.


„Fuuuuuck… now baby…!“ 


JC lost control. He closed his eyes and came hard in her mouth. She swallowed his cum and continued licking him, until his tension eased down. He needed a moment to return back to normal. 


„This was unreal…“ he panted. 


Eve stood up slowly. He took her hand and made her sit on his lap. Then he cupped her face, pulled it closer and kissed her. 


„I’m crazy for you,“ he whispered into her mouth. 


She broke their kiss and looked deep into his beautiful eyes. 


„This isn’t just a meaningless affair, right?“ she asked carefully. 


JC gave her a loving smile and caressed her cheek gently. 


„You’re too precious for a meaningless affair, Eve.“ 


She smiled and placed another soft kiss at his lips. 


„Let’s go home. I’ll make dinner for you.“ 


JC gave her an surprised look. 


„You can cook?“ 


„Yes, I can.“ 


„Damn girl, I didn’t expect I could get more lucky than I already am, but you just proved me wrong.“ 



Eve was standing in front of her stove, preparing Spaghetti Carbonara. JC sneaked up from behind. He embraced her body tightly and placed gentle kisses at her neck. She enjoyed his affection and smiled. 


“All I need is you. And food,” he whispered in her ear.


She giggled.  


“I should have mentioned my cooking skills in my CV and requested more money.”


JC bit her neck and made her laugh harder. 


“I really think cooking is sexy.” 


“Then why you don’t cook?”


“Because I have other sexy qualities,” he boasted.


“Like what?” 


“Singing.”


“Who claims singing is sexy?”


“People who enjoy music. Something you never learned.”


Eve just realized that she didn’t hear JC singing live, yet. She even didn’t make the effort listening to his first album.


JC was still embracing her body. She interrupted her cooking and turned into his direction. 


“Josh?”


“Hm?”


“Can I join you in the studio tomorrow?” 


He opened his eyes wide. 


“Are you saying you wanna hear me sing?” 


She nodded. He smiled and kissed her forehead gently.


“Okay.”

 

Music industry by Patricia


Eve woke up in the next morning, being alone in bed. She raised herself slowly and checked her phone. It was half past eight. She wondered, if she should be grateful that JC let her sleep longer or if she should be disappointed, that he just left without saying goodbye. 


She stood up, put her bathrobe on and went into the bathroom. As she sat down at the toilet to pee, she noticed a message on the big mirror above the sink, being written with her black eyeliner. 


Hey sleepy kitty, 

I went home to grab some fresh clothes. If you don’t wanna wake up on your own, I suggest you make some room in your closet. 

Love, Josh



Eve’s phone rang on her way to the office.


„Hey girl, what’s up?“ 


„It’s sounds like you aren’t at work, yet. What happened?“ 


„I’m on my way.“


„But it’s almost nine.“


„I’m aware of that fact.“


Sandra laughed dirty.


„You benefit from spreading your legs for your boss, hm?“


„Yes, I do.“ 


„Smart bitch.“


„I am. Now tell me what you want.“


„It’s Christmas next weekend.“


„I noticed.“


„My mom expects you to join us on Christmas Eve.“


„That’s very sweet of her.“


„Does it mean you’ll come?“ 


„Um… ya. It’s not like I have different plans and you know it.“


„Well, I thought maybe someone else asked you to join him…“


There was a short pause.


„He didn’t. I have no idea how he’s gonna spent the holidays.“


„Do his folks live here?“ 


„No, he mentioned they live in Florida."


„So, probably he’ll visit them.“


„Ya…“


„Would you join him, if he asked you?“


„Um… I don’t know… honestly, I have no idea what’s our status at this point. It might be way too early meeting his family, right?“ 


„Are you just trying to convince yourself, that this is not what you want?“ 


„Yes.“


„You should talk about it.“ 


„Sandy, no. The last thing I want is him feeling obligated to ask me, if I wanna join him.“


„This is not what I meant, girl. I suggest you just mention you need to buy some Christmas presents urgently and see how he’ll react to that topic.“ 


„Okay. I’ll think about it.“ 


„Good. And if he has no plans, you can bring him to my folks.“


Eve chuckled. 


„Deal.“ 




„Oh wow, this is impressive,“ Eve said, entering JC’s studio. 


As promised he let her join him during his daily session with his business partner.


„This is Jim. Currently I’m helping him to write a song for a German band,“ JC said, pointing at a guy sitting at the control desk, wearing headphones. 


Jim interrupted his work and stood up.


„Hey man. Didn’t expect you bringing a visitor today,“ Jim said. 


Then he shook Eve’s hand and smiled. 


„This is my assistant Eve,“ JC introduced her. „She’ve never been in a sound studio before.“ 


„Nice to meet you, Eve.“


„The pleasure is all mine,“ she replied.


„So, it’s just the two of you?“ Eve asked curiously. 


„We didn't finish the song, yet. If we have a solid concept we’ll consult some colleagues for their opinion and maybe change few things in the end. But for now, it’s just us,“ JC explained. 


„You wanna hear what we got so far?“ Jim offered. 


Eve smiled at him and nodded. JC grabbed a guitar leaning against the control desk and sat down at a stool. Jim sat down in front of a keyboard. Both exchanged glances, before starting to play. Finally JC begun singing the ballad. 


When you’re feeling hopeless

I hope that you know this

Know that in your soul

You’re rich with love

Big love

[…]


Eve was lost in the moment. Of course she expected JC being a good singer. But she absolutely didn’t expect her body and mind reacting this way when she listened to him. She felt hot and cold at the same time, feeling shivers running through her whole body over and over again. The sound of his beautiful strong voice burned into her soul. Her heart was beating wildly against her chest. She stared at him with her eyes wide open, being hardly able processing the overwhelming experience.


And you’re the lucky one 

Even when you feel small

And don’t matter at all

Just believe you got so much to give

Dream big

And you’re the lucky one


JC and Jim stopped playing and gave their attention back to Eve. JC smiled at her calmly, as he noticed tears running down her cheeks. 


„If this isn’t proof that she likes the song, I don’t know what it is,“ Jim said.


„What?“ Eve replied.


Jimmy smiled at her.


„Tears don’t lie.“ 


Eve grabbed her cheeks. She didn’t realize, that she begun crying and felt embarrassed. Hastily she wiped away her tears. 


„It was beautiful,“ she confessed, giving JC a shy look. 


He felt deeply flattered, that he made her feel this way and gave her a loving smile. Jim was watching the scene and realized quickly, that something must going on between them. 


„What are the whole controllers and regulators for?“ Eve asked, to distract the guys from her emotional outburst. 


„Come here, sit with me. I’ll explain to you,“ Jim replied. 



Few hours later Eve and JC were on their way back to the office. Eve was lost in thoughts, sitting next to him in his car. He grabbed her hand and kissed her fingers, to get her attention. She looked at him and smiled.


„What were you thinking about?“ he wanted to know. 


She stared at him for a short moment, trying to figure out how to start the conversation. 


„Why aren’t you a singer anymore, Josh?“ 


He turned serious. 


„It’s a long story.“ 


„The traffic is a mess. We have time.“


„This industry is tough, Eve. Very tough.“ 


„What does it mean?“ 


„Look. You must understand, in first place being an artist isn’t about making art. It’s about making money. You have no chance surviving on the market, if you live with the naive idea your work will change the system.“ 


„I’m aware of that fact. Every business works like this. But it doesn’t answer my question.“ 


„I was sick of it being just a product of that badass industry.“ 


„What happened to make you feel this way?“ 


„Too much.“


Eve noticed he wasn’t in the mood giving her more information.


„Why you don’t wanna talk about it?“ 


„Because it makes no sense.“


„Okay, obviously the industry pissed you off. But you’re still a part of it. Honestly, this is what makes no sense to me.“ 


JC sighed.


„I founded the label to give artists a fair chance. I can’t change the fact that it’s all about money. But I can treat my clients as equal partners and give them room for own choices, even if it means taking risks. Everybody who comes to me knows, there’s a tough road in front of them. And I can’t promise we’ll make it till the end. But at least I’m not trying to turn them into something they don’t want to be.“


„Is this what happened to you? Did someone try to turn you into somebody you’re not?“ 


„Yes.“ 


„When exactly?“ 


„From the beginning.“ 


„You mean during *NSYNC?“ 


JC nodded. 


„If you think it gave any of us a thrill making teenage girl’s panties wet, you are terribly wrong, Eve.“ 


„This is tragic.“


„Ya, but at that time I didn’t see things like I see them now.“


„Means?“ 


„Having success is like an addiction. Once you tasted it, you can’t get enough. I found myself back in reality when I tried doing things on my own. It was a very painful throwback. But in the end I learned a lot about myself and the things I really wanted. Unfortunately no one supported my interests. That’s when I decided to leave things behind. 


Eve looked at him for another moment. 


„I’m very sorry this happened. But you shouldn’t have stopped singing. You’re gifted, Josh.“ 


JC scoffed. 


„So what? Do you really think someone cares? Talent means nothing, Eve. The world is full of great singers. It’s not about the way your voice sounds. It’s about your personal will to do absolutely everything for your success. Even if it means selling your soul to the devil.“ 


JC was still holding her hand. She played with his fingers.


„Did I upset you?“


„Yes. But it’s okay. I understand that you had questions.“ 


She bent in his direction and kissed his cheek gently.


„Let me make your favorite dinner tonight to make things up to you.“ 


JC glanced at her and smiled. 


„Really?“ 


She nodded.


„It’s Coq au Vin.“ 


„What? That’s impossible. The chicken needs to be marinaded for at least 24 hours.“ 


„Sounds like you know how it works.“ 


„I do. But that’s something I can’t offer tonight.“


„Then pizza.“ 


Eve smiled all over her face.


„Okay. I’ll make the best pizza you ever had.“ 

End Notes:

I'm bringing the story to an end slowly. I realized there is not much potential to keep it interesting. Last chapters are in progress. 

----

Lyrics from Mrs. Greenbird / The Lucky One / written by Jimmy Harry in 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8j_VOBXtQA&ab_channel=MrsGreenbirdTV

 

Mistake by Patricia


When Eve and JC arrived at the fiftieths floor, Nicole just finished a call and made Eve stop, before she entered the open space office with JC.


„Some of us decided having drinks tonight. Like a little pre Christmas after work party. You wanna join us?“ 


„Um… I would love to… but… I have already plans,“ Eve stammered. 


Nicole opened her eyes wide.


„A date?“ 


„Um… no…“ 


„Are you seeing Justin?!“ 


„What? Jesus, no!“ 


Nicole was waiting for an explanation. 


„Look, I need to go. But thanks for asking,“ Eve added, before going inside. 



Few hours later, when everybody else was already gone, Eve stood up and went into JC’s office. He gave her a sexy smile, as she was coming closer. She sat down at his desk, smiling back at him. 


„So? Sex or pizza?“ she asked.


I expected to get both tonight.“ 


„You will. The question is in which order?“ 


„Sex. Pizza. Sex.“


Eve laughed. JC stood up and pushed himself between her legs. He was glad that she was wearing an floaty dress today. His hands moved up her thighs.


„Panties, hm?“ 


„Did you think I’m not wearing anything under that short dress?“ 


„I wasn’t sure.“ 


He grinned dirty and dressed her panties off in a second. 


„Lean back, baby. I wanna taste you…“ 



Nicole was sitting in her car, just arriving at the office building. She forgot her purse at her desk and needed to go back, before joining her colleagues at the bar for drinks. She parked close to the elevators and opened her seatbelt. One elevator just arrived downstairs. The doors got open. Nicole saw Eve and JC stepping outside. Curiously she watched the scene, before leaving her car. 


„We need to make a quick stop at the supermarket,“ Eve said to JC. 


„If you buy a frozen pizza I’ll be pretty disappointed.“ 


She chuckled. 


„Don’t worry. I just need few ingredients for the dough.“


JC put his arm around her shoulders and kissed her head, as they were walking towards his car. 


„I hope you’ll also serve an appetizer and some dessert.“ 


„I was the appetizer. You’ll be the dessert,“ she answered boldly. 


JC smiled. They reached his car in the next moment and got in. 


Nicole was still watching them, with her mouth open wide. She needed to process hard. As they left the parking garage, she grabbed her phone with shaky hands and called Richard.


„Hey my love. Where are you?“ he answered her call. 


„You won’t believe what I just witnessed…“ 



After having dinner, Eve and JC collapsed at her sofa in front of the telly.


„I ate too much to offer myself as dessert straightaway,“ JC said, patting his full belly. 


„Luckily the night is still young,“ she replied, before crawling into his arm.


He pushed her closer to his body and kissed her. 


„It was delicious, by the way.“


„The appetizer or the main course?“


„Both.“ 


Eve smiled.


„Okay, old man. Let’s watch our series.“


„Do you really think I’m old?“ 


„Yes, you are.“


JC suddenly pushed her onto her back, spread her legs and laid down on top of her. 


„Fine. You’ll get dessert straightaway.“ 


Eve giggled. He smiled back, before kissing her lips passionately. 


In the next moment her phone started ringing. It was lying at the coffee table. JC broke their kiss and glanced at the display. 


„It’s Nicole.“ 


Eve sighed. 


„She went out with some colleagues for drinks. Surely she just wants to persuade me to join them.“ 


„Why you didn’t go with them?“ 


Eve stroke his hair softly. 


„Because I preferred spending my night with the boss.“ 


„I don’t expect you spending every night with me, Eve.“ 


„But I want to.“ 


He gave her a loving smile.


„Same here.“ 


Eve’s phone received a message next. JC glanced at the display again. 


„She wrote you. Wanna read?“


Eve rolled her eyes, before she nodded. JC gave her the phone, still lying on top of her. 


„We need to talk urgently!“ [Nic]


„About what?“ [Evy]


„You and JC.“ [Nic] 


Immediately Eve turned pale. JC frowned.


„Is everything okay?“ 


Eve just stared at the display, not being able to reply. 


„What happened?“ he continued asking. 


Eve looked at him like seeing a ghost.


„Talk to me, Eve.“


„She…“ 


„She what?“ 


„She… she… knows…“ 


JC was processing the information. 


„Are you saying, she knows about us?“ 


Eve just nodded. 


JC raised himself and gave her an outraged look. 


„How could that happen?“ he suddenly blamed her. 


„I don’t know. I didn’t talk to anyone.“ 


„Are you sure you didn’t?“


Eve sat down next to him.


„Of course I am sure, Josh.“ 


He grabbed his face with both hands.


„Fuck!“ 


Eve was shocked about his reaction and didn’t know how to behave. He looked at her again.


„Call her and find out what exactly she knows.“


She was still staring at him.


„Call her, Eve!“ he ordered. 


She hated the way he was talking to her. But she also wanted to find out what was going on. Then she dialed Nicole’s number. 


„Put her on speaker.“ JC demanded. 


Eve did what he asked for. Nicole picked up in the next second. 


„Thank god, Eve. Thank god…“ Nicole said in deep excitement. 


„What is going on?“ Eve asked.


„I… we… it’s a mess Eve… I’m so, so sorry…“


„Nic. Calm down and tell me what the hell happened.“ 


Nicole took a deep breath. 


„I needed to go back to the office, as I forgot my purse at my desk. When I arrived at the parking garage I saw you with JC.“


JC grabbed his face again, while Eve was processing the information. She didn’t know how to react. Nicole continued talking. 


„I was so shocked, as I didn’t expect any of this. I don’t know why, but I felt the urge to share the news with Richy. I called him straightaway and told him…“ 


JC’s anger couldn’t get any bigger. 


„Nic…“ 


„Richard was already at the bar. Unfortunately he didn’t notice, that Peter was standing behind his back, listening to our conversation… that son of the bitch told the whole group what he just learned about you… I’m so sorry…“ 


Eve was paralyzed, not being able to reply. 


„Please don’t hate me, Evy… I know I screwed things up… but please don’t hate me…“


JC suddenly took the phone out of Eve’s hand and hung up. She gave him a stern look.


„What the hell, Josh?“ 


„I don’t want you talking to her about us.“ 


She frowned. 


„I understand this is an unfortunate situation. But it’s not the end of the world.“ 


JC scoffed. 


„This is my firm, Eve!“


„What exactly are you trying to say?“


„My staff has to respect me, instead gossiping about my sex life!“ 


„Sex life? Is that all what this is about?“ 


JC sighed. 


„Do you really think this is the right moment fighting about that?!“ 


Eve couldn’t be more shocked about his outburst. His sudden coldness was hurting her deeply. 


„I thought what we have means something to you.“ 


„What makes you believe it doesn’t?!“ 


„Is this a serious question?“ 


„Of course it is a serious question!“ 


„You’re acting like people’s knowledge about us was the worst case scenario for you.“ 


JC stood up, being completely in rage now.


„You are not running that firm! You have no idea about my responsibility! I can’t afford doing mistakes, Eve!“ 


She stared at him, while her eyes was filling with tears. Her heart just broke into pieces. 


„Did you just call me a mistake?“ 


„This is not about you, for god’s sake! This is about my firm, don’t you get it?!“ he screamed at her. 


Eve stood up, as well. She was fighting hard against her tears. 


„I want you go.“


JC scoffed. 


„Are you serious?!“ 


„Get the fuck out of here, JC.“ 

 

End Notes:

The drama queen is back ;)

Here you are, stupid by Patricia


As soon the front door closed itself, Eve sat down at her sofa and started crying badly. She didn’t know what to feel first. She was disappointed and heartbroken, but also deeply frustrated and mad at herself. 


„Here you are, stupid. Eric told you, but you didn’t listen…“ 


After trying to understanding what just happened and blaming herself for opening up to JC too hard too fast, she decided to call Sandra. But unfortunately she didn’t pick up. 


„Damn.“ 


Then she stood up, went into her bedroom and opened the door to her walk in closet. She glanced at JC’s clothes on the hanging rail next to hers.


„You’re such an idiot, Eve. You should have known better…“ 


She took few things from the rail and the drawers and put them into a weekender. Then she packed some toiletries, grabbed her bag and finally left her apartment. 




„What are you doing here?“ Justin asked surprised, as he opened the front door. 


„I need Bourbon,“ JC answered. 


Justin let his best friend enter his house. JC went into his living room, opened the minibar and grabbed a bottle with two glasses. Then he let himself fall at the sofa, put the bottle and the glasses at the coffee table and filled them up. Justin sat down next to him, waiting for explanation. JC emptied his glass in one go and filled up again. 


„Will you talk, or are you getting drunk first?“ Justin asked carefully. 


JC looked at him. 


„I screwed things up.“ 


„Which things, bro?“ 



After listening to the whole story, Justin grabbed his glass and took a sip. Then he looked at JC and sighed. 


„Was it really necessary freaking out like that?“ 


JC stared back at him, not being sure what to say. Justin knew he needed to be careful. His friend was still deeply upset about the whole situation. Blaming him too hard would just make things worse. 


„You told me you have serious feelings for her. Is this still the case?“ Justin continued asking. 


„Of course this is still the case, T.“ 


„Then why is it bothering you so much, that people found out that she’s your girl?“


JC took a deep breath.


„They don’t think she’s my girl. They think I’m banging my assistant.“ 


„If you care so much about what they think, then just explain what is really going on.“


„Come on T, you can’t be serious. We aren’t there, yet. I can’t just introduce her as my girlfriend.“


„Why not?“


„It has been just few days!“


„But you have feelings for her since you saw her for the first time.“


„This doesn’t change the fact, that we just started seeing each other!“ 


„Once again you’re standing in your own way, C.“ 


JC closed his eyes and took another deep breath. Then he filled up his glass again and drunk. 


„I don’t wanna fail, T. You know how important this firm is to me.“


„I understand. But sleeping with your assistant doesn’t make you fail.“ 


„People sexualized me after I brought out my album. It took me years to get rid of that reputation. If I wanna run an successful label, I need to be taken seriously.“


„You are taken seriously, bro. I promise you, this situation won’t harm your reputation. Especially if you and Eve continue dating and bring your relationship to the next level.“


„I told you it’s too soon.“


„Who defines the right timing, hm?“ 


„I don’t wanna overwhelm her, T. Is this so hard to understand?“ 


„She asked for commitment, but all you did was feeling pity for yourself and the firm. She’s not overwhelmed, bro. She’s hurt.“ 


JC put his glass at the coffee table and grabbed his face.


„Fuck!“ 


Then he stood up.


„What are you doing?“ Justin asked irritated.


„I need to go back and make things right.“


„Okay. But you can’t drive anymore. Let me bring you.“ 



Eve was standing in front of Sandra’s apartment building, ringing the bell. As the door didn’t open, she grabbed her bunch of keys out of her pocket and let herself in. As she entered her best friend’s apartment, she checked the fridge for alcohol and found a bottle of white wine. She took one glass and the bottle into the bedroom and placed both at the bedside table. Then she get her weekender, dressed into PJ’s and crawled into Sandra’s bed. Finally she filled the glass, switched on the telly and waited for Sandra to return home. 



JC sighed in deep frustration. He just rang the bell, standing in front of Eve’s apartment building next to Justin. 


„That’s it… I fucked up…“ he blamed himself. 


„Maybe she’s not home?“ Justin tried to cheer him up.


„Come on, where should she went that late?“ 


„Dunno… seeing a friend?“ 


JC looked at Justin for a moment. 


„You might be right. Let’s check the underground garage for her car. I have the code.“ 


Both returned to Justin’s car, parking at the street. Then Justin drove into the garage.


„Her car is gone,“ JC realized quickly. „I bet she’s at Sandra’s place.“


„Her best friend?“ 


„Yes.“


„Do you know where she lives?“ 


JC shook his head. 


„Okay. At least we tried.“


JC just sighed.


„You can talk to her tomorrow at the office.“


„Ya… if she shows up…“


Justin frowned.


„Why shouldn’t she show up for work?“ 


„Because she’s stubborn as hell, T.“ 


Justin chuckled.


„I know someone else with the same attitude…“




Eve heard the front door opening up. She nipped her wine, waiting for Sandra entering her bedroom. Few seconds later the door got open. Sandra came inside, while hungrily kissing a man. His shirt was open, as well as his belt and the zipper of his trousers. Eve curiously watched the scene, as they didn’t notice her yet.


„My big cock will make you very happy tonight, baby…“ the guy groaned into Sandra’s mouth. 


„I would be disappointed if not…“ she replied. 


He got rid of his shirt, while guiding her backwards to her bed. 


„Oh shit!“ he suddenly yelled, as he realized that there was another woman in bed. 


Sandra turned around, seeing her best friend sipping wine and grinning innocently. 


„Why you didn’t tell me, that you’re hot for a threesome, hm?“ the guy asked dirty. 


„Because I’m not,“ Sandra talked back. 


„Why not?“ Eve asked sassy, being confident by the wine. 


Sandra crossed her arms and looked at her friend.


„What are you doing in my bed?“ 


„Waiting for you.“


The guy pulled Sandra closer and begun kissing her neck.


„Let’s make the best out of this…“ he whispered. 


She pushed him away, giving him a disgusted look.


„Both of you killed just my mood. Go home,“ she ordered. 


„You can’t be serious,“ the guy complained, still having a massive boner. 


„I said go,“ she repeated. 


The guys scoffed. Then he grabbed his shirt from the floor and left the apartment. Sandra crawled into bed and sat down next to Eve. She took the glass out of her hand and emptied the wine in one go.


„What the fuck happened?“



Eve put the empty glass aside and took a deep breath, before telling Sandra the whole story. Sandra listened carefully, being shattered about JC’s behavior. She didn’t know how to react. Eve’s eyes were filled with tears again. 


„It makes no sense,“ Sandra finally said. 


Eve just looked at her.


„I mean, he was nothing else but sweet after the anniversary party and now… this…“ 


„Ya… it makes no sense…“ Eve confirmed. 


„It’s like he’s having two personalities.“ 


„He made me feel loved and wanted. And now I feel like I just dreamed all of that,“ Eve tried to explain. 


„If I wasn’t drunk, be sure I would go to his posh place in the Hills to kick his stupid ass.“ 


Eve just stared into space. Sandra put her arms around her and pulled her closer.


„I’m sorry this happened to you, love. You can stay here, as long as you want.“ 


„Thank you. I just can’t sleep in my bed… it smells like him…“


Sandra smiled and kissed her hair. 


„You could change the sheets, you know that right?“ 


„No…“


„Why not?“


„Because it wouldn’t smell like him anymore.“ 


„Oh Evy…“


„Hm…“


„You love him more than he deserves…“

 

Because we're friends by Patricia


The elevator arrived at the fiftieth floor. The doors opened up. JC stepped outside. It was almost 9:00 AM. He was having a brutal hangover and hated the fact, that he needed to pass Nicole’s desk. She was looking at him with deep regret. She felt ashamed and guilty, but not being sure if he knew what she did or not. 


„Good morning, JC,“ she said nervously. 


He ignored her and entered the open space office. Nicole bit her lips and took a deep breath. Then she grabbed the handset.


„He knows.“ 


„Thanks for the warning, love,“ Richard replied. 



On his way into his office, all eyes were on JC. He felt like a monkey in the zoo. He noticed Eve’s desk was empty. His frustration couldn’t get any bigger. Richard didn’t dare saying anything, as he passed his desk. JC finally entered his office, closed the door and let himself fall at his chair.


Richard glanced at him through the glass wall. He was sure something bad must have happened, feeling like the worst person on that planet.


Eric noticed that JC just arrived. He finished a phone call, left his desk and went into JC office. 


„Not now, Ricky. Whatever it is, I don’t wanna talk about it,“ JC immediately said. 


Eric didn’t listen. He sat down at the chair opposite of him and crossed his arms. 


„Now we’re having the mess. The whole team is gossiping about you.“ 


JC looked at him.


„Don’t do that,“ he warned his friend. 


„Did you fire her, at least? I mean, it’s a little late for this, but as she didn’t show up…“


„I said don’t do that,“ JC interrupted him, feeling deep anger rising up. 


„I warned you,“ Eric continued talking. „I saw all of this happening in my mind’s eye, but you never listen…“


„Shut the fuck up!!!“ JC yelled at him. 


„You fucked the only chick you shouldn’t have fucked! And now you dare taking your anger out of me?!“ Eric yelled back. 


„Don’t you dare telling me what I am allowed to do or not!!!“


„I am your friend!!! All I do or say is to your own good!!!“


„All you do is acting like giant asshole since Eve is working here!!!“ 


Eric stood up and gave JC a dismissive look. Then he turned around and left his office. 




„You’re sure you wanna do this?“ Sandra asked concerned. 


Eve just nodded. She was sitting in bed and watching her friend getting ready for work. 


„Skipping work was never an option for you, no matter what.“ 


„I don’t wanna see him, Sandy.“ 


Sandra sighed. Then she sat down opposite of Eve. 


„Does it mean you quit?“ 


„All I know right now is, that I can’t work for him under the current circumstances. But… who knows… maybe he’ll fire me anyway…“ 


„You really think that?“ 


„He made very clear yesterday night, that the firm comes first, no matter what.“


„But you can’t stay in den US without having a job.“ 


„Ya. But I can still work for Christian."


„You mean, you would just leave me and go back home?“


Eve lowered her head. 


„Maybe I should have done that from the start. Maybe I was pushing it too hard. Maybe all of this wasn’t meant for me…“


Sandra grabbed Eve’s chin and gave her a deep look. 


„Don’t do this to you, okay? Overthinking makes no sense.“ 


„You’re already late,“ Eve changed the subject. 


„Don’t worry. My boss is on a business trip,“ Sandra answered. 


Then she kissed Eve’s forehead and stood up.


„I’ll finish work early and make dinner for you.“ 


Eve smiled calmly. 


„You’re the best.“ 


„I know. See you later, sweetheart.“ 



Richard took a deep breath. Then he stood up with a folder in his hand. He went to JC’s office and knocked at the glass door, before opening up. JC was staring at his screen. 


„Boss…?“ he said quietly.


„What?“ JC said, his eyes still on the screen. 


„The headhunter found few candidates for my team. Do you wanna have a look?“ 


„Ya, I’ll go through the CV’s later.“ 


Richard came closer and put the folder at his desk.


„Um… JC…?“ 


JC turned in his direction and looked at him. Richard saw the sadness in his eyes and felt like throwing up any second. His bad conscience was killing him. 


„Where is Eve?“ he asked carefully. 


„I don’t know.“


Richard lowered his head.


„I feel like shit.“


JC was still staring at him. 


„Me, too.“ 



Eve found some cereals in Sandra’s kitchen for breakfast and returned into bed with a bowl. She switched on the telly and continued watching a series. Few minutes later her cell started ringing. She glanced at the bedside table, seeing JC’s name at the display. Her heart dropped. 


„He just wants to complain that you didn’t show up at work,“ she thought and let it ring. 


Seconds later a message came in. 


„Where are you?“ [JC]


Eve put the bowl aside and grabbed her phone. She thought about how to reply. 


„I’m sick.“ [Eve]


„That’s not true.“ [JC]


„The truth is, you’re an asshole. And that makes me sick.“ [Eve]


JC called again. She didn’t pick up. 


„Just fire me. I couldn’t care less…“ she talked to herself.


Of course she didn’t mean it. But her injured pride didn’t let her think rationally. 



Short before lunch break one elevator arrived at the fiftieth floor. Justin stepped outside and went towards Nicole’s desk. She looked terribly tensed.


„Hi“, he said friendly. 


„Hi, Justin,“ Nicole replied. „JC isn’t here. He’s in the studio.“ 


Justin checked his wristwatch. 


„That early?“ 


„Ya…“ 


Both looked at each other, thinking the same. Then he smiled calmly. 


„Don’t worry, Nicole. Things will be okay.“ 


She sighed. 


„Did you hear from Eve?“ 


„Didn’t she show up for work?“ 


„No, she didn’t. And she’s not answering her phone.“


„Stubborn brat.“


Nicole gave him another sheepish look.


„What happened between her and JC after I called yesterday night?“ 


„I can’t tell you that. But I promise you, I’ll do my best to fix it.“ 



Justin left the building and entered the backseat of his driver’s car. 


„Where are we going, boss?“ 


„Just drive, I’ll give you the address in a minute.“ 



Eve was still in bed watching TV, as her phone started ringing. She was sure it must be Nicole or Richard again. They tried to reach her several times that morning. 


„Hm.“ she was thinking, as she saw an unknown American number at the screen. 


She grabbed the phone from the bedside table and picked up. 


„Yes?“


„Hi.“ 


Eve needed a moment to sort her mind. The voice sounded very familiar. 


„Timberlake? Is it you?“ 


He chuckled. 


„Yap.“


„Really? You call me… NOW?“ 


„Sounds like you’re disappointed, that I didn’t call earlier.“ 


Eve decided to ignore his teasing.


„What do you want?“ 


„Have coffee with me.“ 


„Why should I have coffee with you?“ 


„Because we’re friends.“


She scoffed.


„What makes you believe we’re friends, Justin?“ 


„The fact that my bestie loves you. That makes us friends. It’s a law.“ 


Eve laughed out loud. 


„You have a great kind of humor.“ 


„Why would you say that?" 


„Because the only thing your bestie loves and cares for is his firm.“


Justin sighed.


„Have coffee with me and give me the chance to convince you that you’re wrong.“ 


„Did he ask you to do that?“ 


„No. I swear he has no idea that I am talking to you.“


There was silence.


„Eve, trust me. I’m not lying.“ 


„I’m not in the office, Justin.“ 


„That’s fine. Just tell me were to find you and I’ll be there in a minute.“


Again there was silence for a short moment. Eve was thinking about, if she should really meet him or not.


„Okay,“ she finally said. „I’m in Mid City.“ 

 

Let's get started by Patricia


Eve and Justin agreed meeting at Starbucks. She parked her car in front of the coffee shop. Justin’s driver parked across the street.


„There she is,“ the driver said, when Eve exited her car. 


„Ya, wish me luck.“ 


Justin opened the door and hurried into Eve’s direction. She was wearing denim shorts, a grey sweatshirt and white sneakers. Her hair was put together into a messy bun. She wasn’t in the mood putting more effort in her look and covered her undone face behind big sunglasses. 


Justin stopped standing in front of her and smiled.


„Hi.“


„You’re buying,“ she replied coolly. 


„Okay but… can you place the order?“ 


„No.“ 


„Why are you so angry? I did nothing wrong.“


Eve scoffed. 


„Don’t you dare claiming that.“ 


Justin gave her an irritated look. She turned around and walked inside. He followed her with little distance. 


Eve found a free table in a quiet corner and let herself fall at an armchair. Justin went to the counter. He was also wearing sunglasses and a baseball cap, hoping the cashier wouldn’t recognize his face.


Few minutes later he sat down opposite of Eve and handed over a cup of her favorite coffee. She grabbed the cup and took a sip. 


„So…?“ he started talking. 


„So what?“ 


„Do we keep our sunglasses on in closed rooms now?“ 


Eve put her sunglasses off and put them at the table. Justin did the same. 


„You look cute without make-up.“ 


„I know,“ she replied boldly. 


He smiled at her and took a sip. 


„May I ask what exactly I did wrong?“ 


She gave him a stern look. 


„I don’t know where to start.“ 


He raised his eyebrows, truly being surprised about her anger. Eve continued talking.


„Why you showed up at the office to ask me out for coffee? Why you asked for my number? Why you didn’t leave me alone at the anniversary party?“ 


Justin cleared his throat. He wasn’t prepared for this kind of conversation with her and needed a moment to sort his mind. 


„What do you think?“ 


„Stop asking counter questions, Justin. This is brutally annoying,“ she complained. 


He gave her a sheepish look.


„Um… I… I wanted to make C jealous…“ 


Eve opened her eyes wide. 


„Excuse me?!“ 


„I knew he likes you. A lot. But he didn’t allow himself to do anything, as he believed you were off limits. That’s why I provoked him to make him cross the line.“


Eve was processing hard. 


„So… you played with my feelings just to make him wanting me?! I believed you liked me, Justin. Do you think this was fair what you were doing?!“ she blamed him harshly. 


Justin didn’t realize he made her feel this way and felt awful.


„Um… I… damn, Eve… I’m sorry… I didn’t mean to hurt you… fuck…“ 


Eve was shaking her head in disgust.


„You both suck so much.“ 


„Look.“ Justin continued talking. „It wasn’t meaningless… I did this to provoke C but… honestly… if he decided not stopping me, I wouldn’t have stopped.“ 


Eve gave him a confused look, waiting for more explanation. Justin knew he needed to give her the whole truth. He took a deep breath.


„I told him I would make you mine, if he didn’t do it himself. And I meant it.“ 


Eve continued staring at him, being completely speechless. 


„Um… could you say something…?“ Justin asked sheepishly. 


Eve just shook her head. He cracked a shy smile. 


„C was so mad at me. I never made him that furious with my behavior before. I was really afraid he would hurt me at some point. There was no way he would let me have you. There was no way.“ 


„Well…“ Eve finally said. „Human behavior can be very frustrating sometimes. You want something you can’t have. But when you get it, you suddenly lose interest.“


Justin frowned. 


„What makes you believe C lost his interest in you?“


„Because when he faced the consequences of being with me, he treated me like shit, Justin.“ 


„He just panicked.“ 


Eve scoffed cynically. 


„Ya… I agree to that.“ 


Justin took another deep breath. 


„C wants to protect his lifework. His label has the potential becoming real big, Eve. He panicked because he broke his own rules to be with you. Putting his personal desires above his business made him believe it would cause damage to his reputation. But that’s not what is happening. People gossiping about him will not harm his work. They still respect him and they still have trust in his abilities. He just needed a moment to realize that.“ 


Eve gave him a deep look. 


„What about my reputation?“ 


„Your reputation?“ 


She nodded. 


„If he thinks anyone cares about him in that story, he must be an idiot.“ 


Justin wasn’t sure, if he understood what she was trying to say. Eve noticed, that he got lost and bent into his direction.


„He’s a man, Justin. Nobody gives a shit, if he’s fucking around. But I am the slut who’s spread her legs for the boss. Although I knew sleeping with him would kill my reputation, I dared believing he would protect me, if things came out. Unfortunately he just panicked and made me feel like a slut, who just spread her legs for the boss.“ 


Justin stared at her, being kind of shocked. He didn’t know how to reply.


Eve put her cup at the coffee table and stood up. 


„Thanks for the coffee.“ 


„Why are you leaving?“


„Because there’s nothing more to say.“ 



Justin watched Eve leaving the coffee shop. At the same time his phone started ringing. 


„Ya?“ 


„You still want me to follow her?“ 


„Yes.“


„But it’s creepy.“ 


„Just do it.“ 


He hung up and looked out of the glass window. Eve entered her car and left the parking lot. His driver did the same and drove behind her with little distance.



In the meanwhile JC was sitting in the studio with Jim, being completely absentminded. 


„Dude…?“ Jim asked him, but JC was just staring into space. 


„Dude???“


He still didn’t react.


Jim shook his shoulder to get his attention. JC returned back to reality and gave him an annoyed look. 


„What?“


Jim raised his eyebrows. 


„What the fuck happened to you, hm? You’re completely lost in thoughts.“ 


„Nothing. I’m just not in the mood for this.“ 


„You told me to be in the studio before noon and now you’re not in the mood?“ 


„Yes.“ 


JC stood up. Jim crossed his arms and cracked a smile. 


„It’s about that girl.“ 


JC just gave him a stern look. 


„What did you do, hm? Did you screw things up?“ Jim continued talking. 


„What makes you believe this has something to do with Eve?“ JC talked back. 


„So it is about Eve.“ 


JC rolled his eyes and put on his jacket. 


„Could you sit down and talk to me, please?“ Jim said next. 


„I’m not here for therapy session, Jimmy.“ 


„Come on, man. If you don’t wanna talk about it, fine. But let’s use your emotions to create something. You’re the best when deep things are going on in your mind and you know it. That’s why you told me to be here early. You wanna write about it, but I believe you don’t know how to start. So put off that jacket and let’s figure it out together.“ 


JC looked at him for a moment. Then he did what Jim was asking for and returned to his seat. 


„It’s a ballad,“ he started explaining. 


„Good.“


„It’s about being better than love.“


Jim smiled all over his face. Then he patted JC’s shoulder. 


„I already love it, bro. Let’s get started.“ 

 

Better than love by Patricia

„That’s what you call making dinner for me?“ Eve said outraged, when Sandra entered the apartment with Chinese take away food in a paper bag. 


„I’ll put it on pretty plates, before serving,“ Sandra replied boldly.


„You run out of alcohol, by the way.“ 


„No, I hid my last bottle of wine in the shoe cabinet from you.“ 


Eve gave her an angry look. Sandra went into the hall and returned with the bottle. 


„You are a bad person,“ Eve complained. 


„Stop bitching around, just because you’re on cold turkey.“ 


„I’m not an alcoholic, Sandy!“


„Who says I’m talking about alcohol?“ 


Eve pouted. Sandra put the food at the kitchen counter and let herself fall next to her friend at the sofa. Then she begun playing with Eve’s messy hair. 


„Did you shower?“ 


„No.“ 


„If you wanna sleep next to me another night, go and take a shower.“ 


Eve rolled her eyes. 


„Fine.“



As soon as she disappeared in the bathroom, Sandra jumped up from the sofa to open up the front door. 


„The coast is clear,“ she whispered and let JC enter her apartment. 


„Thank you for doing this, Sandra,“ JC replied and followed her into the living area. 


„It’s not like you gave me a choice. Waiting in your car for me to come home was super creepy.“ 


„I know. Sorry for this, but I knew she wouldn’t let me in.“ 


„How do you even know where I live, hm?“ 


„Justin told me.“ 


Sandra stared at him with her eyes open wide.


„Justin Timberlake knows where I live?“ 


„Yes. He met Eve at noon for coffee and let his driver follow her afterwards.“ 


„Jesus Christ… this is so sick…“ 


„Ya… I’m aware of that fact.“ 


Sandra looked at JC for a moment. She was mad at him for what he did to her best friend, but she also felt pity. He looked like a kicked dog, obviously regretting deeply how he treated Eve the prior night. 


„So, I suggest we create an romantic atmosphere,“ she finally said. 


„Um… ya… maybe some candles?“


„Yes, let me take care for it. You can prepare the rest.“ 



Knowing the food was getting cold, Eve just took a quick shower. After drying her hair, she put on pink sweat shorts and a white tanktop. Then she left the bathroom. As she was standing in the hall, she noticed candle light in the living area. 


„Um, Sandy? Are you trying to seduce me?“ she joked, as she walked inside. 


Then her heart dropped. JC was sitting at Sandra’s sofa with a guitar on his lap. She stared at him like seeing a ghost, not being able to process. 


JC’s heart was running out of control. He stared back at her for a short moment, before he started playing the guitar. 


„Oh my god. Is he going to sing for you?“ Eve talked to herself in her thoughts. 


JC closed his eyes and begun singing: 


I woke up in this moment, 

everything undone

I wasn’t waiting for anything, 

but still here you come

You’re better than love, 

you’re all that I need

And when I close my eyes, 

you’re all that I see

You’re under my skin, 

you run through my blood

You know you’re better than love

[…]


Eve was deeply moved by the moment. She started crying, being unable holding back her tears. The song was beyond beautiful. She listened carefully to every word, being incredibly touched how he felt about her. Her knees were shaking from excitement, while her heart was doing countless somersaults. 


I didn’t know how to find you

I was always on the run

I thought somehow it will keep me sane 

But look what I’ve become 

You’re better than love

You’re all that I need

When I close my eyes you’er all that I see

You’re under my skin

You run through my blood

Oh, you know you’re better than 

You know you’re better than me

That’s what I’ve learned

From all the places and the pages I’ve turned

I’m trying to say 

The words aren’t enough

Oh, you know you’re better than

You know you’re better than love

[…]



When JC finished singing his ballad, he put his guitar aside and stood up. Eve was still staring at him, processing this completely unexpected situation. He came few steps towards her, being overwhelmed by his own emotions. 


Eve noticed that his eyes were swimming, as well. In the next second she rushed into his direction, fell around his neck and pressed her hungry lips on his.


JC was wishing for this kind of reaction and couldn’t feel more relieved than in this moment. He put his arms around her and kissed her back passionately.


After a while Eve broke their kiss and gave him a deep look. He cupped her face with both hands.


„I love you. I love you with all of my heart, Eve.“


„I love you back, Josh.“ 


Both smiled at each other all over their faces. JC placed another soft kiss on her lips. 


„The song is breathtaking. It’s still giving me goosebumps. Did you write it for me?“ 


JC nodded, still smiling at her. 


„I just took me one afternoon. It was all there, I just needed to write it down.“ 


„I can’t thank you enough. This is unreal.“ 


He stroke her cheek gently. 


„Can we go home, honey?“ 


„You mean my place?“ 


„Yes. I wanna go home with you so bad.“ 


She caressed his hair gently and kissed him again. 


„It’s sweet when you say, that my place is home for you.“ 


„Home is where you are, but… this is obviously Sandra’s place, so…“


Eve giggled. 


„What did you do to her, hm? Where is she?“ 


„Um… she said in case you gonna kill me, she doesn’t want witness the mess and just left.“ 


„What a coward,“ Eve joked, still playing with his hair. 


JC turned serious.


„I’m so sorry, my love. I was such an idiot. 


Eve just nodded. 


„I’ll make things up to you. I promise.“ 


„You already did with that beautiful song.“


„No. That’s not enough. I’ll make sure no one talks shit about you. Justin told me what you said about your reputation. It broke my heart into pieces. I regret badly, that I was just thinking about the firm and not realizing what all of this meant for you. I really feel ashamed, Eve.“ 


„Thank you for understanding, Josh.“ 


„I’ll make things right.“


„Okay.“


He kissed her forehead softly. Then he smiled. 


„I smell Chinese food.“ 


„Ya, Sandra brought dinner.“


„I didn’t eat anything since yesterday night.“ 


„You wanna steal the food?“


„Yes.“


Eve giggled again.


„That’s my boy.“ 


„Boyfriend,“ he corrected her. 


Eve bit her lower lip.


„Boyfriend,“ she repeated. 




Just as they entered Eve’s apartment, she received a message. 


„Is he still alive or did you beat him to death with his guitar?“ [Sandy]


Eve giggled. 


„What is it?“ JC asked.


„Sandra asks about your physical condition.“ 


„Was killing me really an option?“ 


„Absolutely. I had several scenarios in my mind,“ she joked. 


JC smiled, grabbed her waist and pulled her close to his body. 


„I’m happy you decided not using violence.“


Eve smiled back at kissed him softly, before giving her attention back to her cell. 


„He lives. And he stole your food.“ [Eve]


„If this means both of you left my place and did not bang at my sofa, I’m more than okay with that.“ [Sandy]


„You’ve been his partner in crime. Shame on you, traitor.“ [Eve]


„I meant well.“ [Sandy]


„I know. Thank you.“ [Eve]


„You’re welcome. P.S. I hope you let him lick you into coma for what he’ve done.“ [Sandy]


Eve laughed out loud. 


„What did she write?“ JC asked curiously. 


Eve bit her lips and showed him Sandra’s text.


„Into coma? Is this what you want?“ He chuckled. 


She smiled dirty. 


„Can you manage that?“


„You know I can. But first, dinner.“

 

Isn't it weird? by Patricia

Eve and JC enjoyed their food at her sofa. 


„I missed you,“ she said with full mouth. 


„I missed you, too,“ he replied, giving her a loving smile. 


„I went to Sandra’s place because I didn’t want sleeping in my bed without you,“ she explained. 


„That’s brutally cute.“ 


„By the way, I noticed Justin’s driver following me. It was ridiculous.“ 


JC chuckled. 


„I swear I didn’t ask T doing all of this. He just wanted to help.“ 


„I know. He’s a good friend. And a freak.“ 


„Yes, he is.“ 


Eve cleared her throat. 


„He told me the reason why he was hitting on me.“ 


JC made an annoyed face. 


„Believe me, I would have made the first step on my own at some point. But he decided pushing me hard.“ 


„Is that true?“ 


He gave her another deep look.


„It is true. Still, I’m happy he kept me from wasting more time.“ 


Eve gave him a shy smile. 


„He also said, that he really liked me.“


„I know that. But I can’t blame him for having good taste, right?“ 


Eve frowned.


„Isn’t it weird for you?“ 


„No.“


„Why not?“ 


„Because I trust him.“ 


Eve looked at him for a moment, being kind of impressed how deep their friendship was.


„What happened to Justin and his wife?“ she wanted to know next.


JC finished his meal and put his plate at the coffee table. Eve did, as well. 


„They are going through a tough time, as they want different things from life. But I am sure they will figure things out.“ 


„Will they?“ 


„Yes. T just needs time to realize, that no one out there can give him what Jess can. She’s meant for him.“ 


„It’s sweet how you see things.“


„Just the truth.“


She smiled at him. 


„Enough talking. I want you on my lap right now,“ he ordered and grabbed her hand to pull her closer. Eve sat down on top of him, biting her lower lip.


„Kiss me, kitten,“ he whispered. 


She licked his lips playfully, feeling him getting hard quickly. Then she grabbed his shirt and got rid of it in a second. Right after he did the same with her tanktop. 


„You’re so beautiful…“ he said, staring at her boobs. 


She chuckled. 


„You’re talking to the girls… or…?“ 


He looked into her eyes and smiled naughty. 


„Don’t be jealous. These ladies deserve some special attention and you know it,“ he joked. 


Then he opened her bra and tossed it to the floor. His eyes begun to shine. He pulled her body closer and started licking her right nipple, before continuing with the other one. Eve closed her eyes and moaned quietly. 


„I can’t wait to have you…“ he groaned. 


„You’re still talking to the ladies…?“ 


He grinned dirty and raised himself to make her lie under his body.


„I want all of you…“ he replied and got rid of her shorts and her panties. „But you asked for coma…“


In the next moment his head disappeared between her thighs. As soon as his lips met her clit, Eve truly felt like passing out any second.


„Oh my god Jooooosh…!“


He knew very well by now what to do to make her lose her mind quickly. Her taste on his tongue was driving him wild. His desire for her couldn’t get any bigger. 


Eve was reaching the edge, moaning in deep pleasure. Suddenly he stopped. 


„I need to have you now, baby.“


„Hurry… I’m so damn close…“ she panted. 


Within seconds he dressed off his jeans and his briefs and returned on top of her. Impatiently he entered her hard and deep. 


„Yeeeees…!“ she screamed. „You feel so good…!“ 


He accelerated his pace, knowing she was coming any moment.


„Josh… Jooosh… oh Jooooosh…!!!“


He let go at the same time, thrusting hard against her sudden tightness. Then he collapsed on top of her, breathing heavy.


„This was quick and hot. Very hot…“ she said with a big grin on her face. 


His head was resting at her chest. She was stroking his hair softly. 


„Please spent the holidays with me,“ he suddenly said. 


Eve’s heart skipped a beat.


„Are you serious?“


He raised his head and looked into her eyes.


„If you don’t wanna meet my folks in Orlando, I’ll stay here. All I want is being with you.“


She cupped his face with one hand. 


„I believe your family would be very disappointed, if you don’t go.“


„Does it mean you’ll come with me?“ he asked eagerly. 


She smiled all over her face and nodded. He smiled back relieved and kissed her lips heartily. 


„Thank you. This means a lot to me. I wanted to ask you earlier, but I was afraid it was too soon.“ 


„I was waiting for you to ask me,“ she confessed. 


He gave her a surprised look.


„Really?“


„Yes.“


He kissed her again.


„I wished I knew how you felt about it. I really thought you might be overwhelmed or something.“


„I know things between us became serious incredibly fast. But it feels right. I don’t wanna be with anyone else but you. What I feel for you, I felt for nobody else before, Josh.“


His heart was melting hearing her say that. 


„You stole my heart in the moment you entered my office, honey.“ 


„Then why have you been so mean to me, hm?“ She complained half seriously. 


„I didn’t want you having power over me. But I realized quickly it was hopeless.“ 


„Does it mean I’m the boss now?“ she joked. 


JC looked deep into her eyes. 


„You’re more than that. Everything changed for a better with you. I can’t imagine my life without you anymore. And I can’t imagine my firm without you.“


Eve was deeply touched. She pulled his face closer and kissed him one more time. Then she suddenly giggled.


„Does it mean I’ll get a raise?“ she talked into his mouth.


JC gave her an outraged look. Then he put her arms above her head and bit her neck playfully. She couldn’t stop herself from laughing. 


„It was just a simple question!“ 


He continued teasing her, enjoying her outburst. 


„Greedy little brat!“  


„Josh, enough! I’ll pee myself if you don’t stop!“ 


He looked at her again, still holding her hands. 


„Lucky you, that I’m a sucker for your sass.“ 


„It’s turning you on, hm?“ 


„Badly.“ 


She felt him getting hard again. 


„And I like you being bossy during sex.“


„Oh, I’m aware of that fact.“


„So…? What do you want me to do for you, boss?“ 


He gave her a dirty look. 


„I want you on your knees, kitten…“ 

 

The firm is fine by Patricia

It was next morning. JC woke up in bed, spooning Eve tightly. He was incredibly relieved that they figured things out. He raised his upper body a little bit and turned her carefully onto her back. She was still sleeping peacefully. After watching her for a short moment, he begun placing gentle kisses all over her face. 


„Mmmmm…“ she purred, without opening her eyes. 


„Wake up, baby. I’m not letting you skipping work another day,“ he whispered. 


„It’s too early.“


„It’s 8 AM.“


She grinned, with her eyes still being closed.


„What happened to your self discipline, early bird?“


„You ruined it.“ 


Finally she opened her eyes, still smiling. He smiled back and kissed her lips softly. 


„Please don’t worry about going to the office. I said I’m gonna fix things and I meant it,“ he continued talking. 


She raised one hand and caressed his hair. 


„I’m not worrying.“ 


„Good. Then move your lazy butt out of bed and make yourself ready.“ 


„I’m ready for other things,“ she said temptingly. 


He kissed her again. Then he suddenly stopped and left the bed, being completely naked. She gave him an outraged look.


„Where are you going?“ 


„Shower.“


„You can’t turn me on and just leave.“


„Yes I can.“ 


He gave her a naughty smile and disappeared in the bathroom. As she heard him starting the water, Eve jumped out of bed. She followed him under the shower, sneaking up from behind. Then she embraced his upper body and placed gentle kisses on his shoulders. JC smiled self satisfied. 


„At least sex motivates you to stand up,“ he teased, before turning in her direction. 


She put her arms around his neck, pushing herself close to his body. He was already hard for her.


„Yes, it does…“ 


In the next second he grabbed her thighs and lifted her up. She looped her legs around him, as he pinned her agains the glass pane. 


„I can’t get enough of you, baby,“ he said, before entering her hard and deep. 


She gasped for air and gave him a dirty smile. 


„Lucky me…“ 



Nicole was sitting at her desk, looking terribly exhausted. She didn’t sleep well after what happened in the bar, still having a terribly bad conscience. 


One elevator arrived upstairs and caught her attention. The doors got open. Eve and JC stepped outside, holding hands. She stared at them in pure disbelief, as they were coming closer. 


Both finally stopped standing in front of her desk. She didn’t know how to react. 


„Good morning,“ JC said. 


Eve just smiled and waited for any kind of response. 


„Good morning,“ Nicole stammered.


She looked at them for another moment, before she continued talking. 


„You… you’re good, right? You two figured things out?“


„Yes,“ Eve answered. 


Nicole’s relief couldn’t get any bigger. She left her desk and fell around Eve’s neck.


„I’m so sorry… you have no idea how sorry I am…“


Eve hugged her back heartily. 


„Don’t worry. We’re good,“ she assured her. 


Both released each other, giving their attention to JC.


„Is he your boyfriend now?“ Nicole dared asking. 


„Yes, I am,“ he answered. 


Nicole smiled. 


„I’m happy for you. I mean, I still need to process all of this but… it’s awesome.“ 


„You’re sweet saying that,“ Eve replied. 


JC grabbed her hand again. 


„Let’s talk at lunch,“ Eve suggested, before going inside with JC. 


„Can’t wait,“ Nicole said, still smiling all over her face.



All eyes were on them, when Eve and JC entered the open space office. It was completely silent, as no one dared saying a word. Eve expected something like that, but still it felt terribly awkward. 


JC suddenly stopped. Eve looked at him surprised. He cleared his throat. 


„As I already have all your attention…“ he started talking. „I’m not having an affair with my assistant. I’m in a serious relationship with her. If anybody has a problem with it, feel free to walk out that door and not coming back.“ 


Eve was flattered and shocked at the same time. She didn’t expect him talking to his staff like that. 


„Any further burning questions?“ JC asked next. 


Everybody just watched him, feeling intimidated.


„No? Great.“ 


JC continued walking with Eve to her desk. Then she looked at him and smiled. 


„You’re good?“ he asked, smiling back at her. 


She nodded. He kissed her forehead before heading towards his office. Eve bit her lower lip and sat down at her chair. Richard was staring at her. 


„What?“ she asked.


„Nothing…“ he stammered. „I… um… I just didn’t expect all of this, to be honest.“


„What did you expect instead?“ 


„I thought you want Justin.“ 


Eve scoffed. 


„I told you that I changed my mind.“ 


„But I didn’t believe you.“ 


She shrugged her shoulders. Richard gave her a regretful look.


„I’m sorry things came out the way they did. I know I screwed this up badly.“ 


„We needed some time to find out how to deal with it. But don’t worry, Josh and I are good.“ 


Richard raised one eyebrow. 


„Josh?“ 


„Yes. Josh.“ 


„He was hot for you from the beginning. I told you when I was in the clinic.“


Eve smiled.


„I remember that conversation.“


„However, I’m very happy for you two.“ 


„Thank you Richy.“ 


Then he stood up and went to her desk. She stood up as well and hugged him close.“ 


„For the record, I don’t feel like having my outing with Nicole, yet,“ he whispered in her ear. 


„But my boyfriend already knows,“ she whispered back. 


Richard released her and gave her a concerned look.


„Don’t worry. He thinks you two are sweet together.“ 


„Um… I hope he doesn’t expect me giving a speech in front of the whole team, as well.“ 


Eve giggled.


„He doesn’t. But I think Nicole would love this kind of commitment.“ 


„Um… thanks for the information… but no.“ 



Eric entered the open space office in the next moment. He passed Eve’s desk and gave her a stern look, without saying a word. He didn’t say hi to JC either on his way into his office. 


JC noticed him. He was aware of, that Eric was still upset about their fight the prior day. Having another argument with his friend was not what he wanted. But Eric needed to understand, that there was no way that Eve was leaving his firm. 


Finally JC stood up and went into Eric’s office. He closed the door and stopped standing in front of his desk.


„What do you want, hm?“ Eric asked annoyed. 


„I just informed the staff about my relationship with Eve.“


Eric laughed cynically. 


„Touching.“ 


JC took a deep breath, trying to focus. He didn’t want losing his temper again. 


„What is going on with you, Ricky? I understand your concerns about me dating an employee, but honestly, this is not the end of the world. Why do you overreact that hard?“ 


Eric looked at him for a moment. If he was honest, he didn’t know why exactly Eve was upsetting him so much. He needed to admit, that he simply didn’t like her and the fact, that she was having influence on JC. 


„All I do is trying to protect the firm. This is all,“ he finally said. 


„The firm is fine.“


„You just say that because you’re blinded by your feelings for her. You’re putting your private interests above your firm, Jay. And this is not good.“ 


„I don’t get it. When we’ve been in the club you paid the bouncer to keep other guys away from her. Why you tried to help, if you don’t want me being with her?“


Eric sighed.


„When I helped you, I didn’t expect you would keep her as your assistant after banging her.“


JC shook his head.


„I told you my feelings were serious.“ 


„Yes, you did. But still I believed there was no way you would let her continue working for you. Mixing your love life with business is not healthy and you know it.“ 


„This is how things are, Ricky. I suggest you get used to this situation.“ 


„Fine. Do what you want. But if things run out of control one day, don’t you dare wining.“

 

What happened? by Patricia


[JC’s and Eric’s conversation from the prior chapter continues]



„It won’t happen.“


„What makes you so sure, hm?“


„Because she’s the one.“ 


Eric's jaw dropped to the floor. 


„Jesus… Jay… how can you say that? You barely know that woman.“


„Trust me. I simply know.“ 


„Dear god… honestly, I didn’t expect you saying something like this about a girl… ever.“


JC chuckled.


„Well, me too. But here we are. I want doing life with her. I want everything with her.“ 


„Dude… if you propose… be sure this will give me my first heart attack.“ 


„I will, when I have the feeling she’s ready.“


„Thanks for the warning.“ 


Both looked at each other for a moment. Then Eric continued talking. 


„Man… I wish you well and you know it. It’s just a lot to process, you know.“


„I understand.“ 


„If she’s really the one… I guess I have no other choice than giving you my blessing.“ 


JC just smiled and nodded. Eric grabbed his face and sighed. 


„I’ll try to be nice to her. But give me some time to get used to all of that.“ 


„Okay.“ 


Eric stood up and stopped standing in front of JC. Then he gave his friend a deep hug. JC appreciated his gesture of good will. 



„Really strange things are happening today,“ Richard said, seeing JC and Eric hugging each other through the glass wall. 


Eve turned around to witness the same scene. 


„Is this a good or a bad sign?“ 


„As they had an emotional fight yesterday, I guess this means they’re good again,“ Richard answered. 


„What did they fight about?“ Eve asked curiously.


„Dunno. Probably you?“ 



As it was the last day before Christmas, everybody left work early that day. As usual Eve was the last one in the open space office. But Eric was still there, as well. 


Eve switched off her laptop and went into JC’s office. 


„Hey love, just give me a minute,“ he said, seeing her coming closer. She sat down at his desk and watched him finishing an email. 


„It’s nice,“ she said, while he was still typing. 


„What is nice?“


„Not hiding.“ 


JC smiled, still focusing at the screen.


„I know. But right now no ones is here anyway, accept Ricky.“ 


„Still it feels nice.“ 


He finished his mail and turned into her direction. 


„Yes. It feels nice.“ 


„Are you looking forward seeing your family tomorrow?“ she asked next.


„I do. But mostly I’m happy that you’ll join me.“


„I didn’t have time buying any gifts.“


„Don’t worry. Few years ago we decided donating money to charity projects instead making gifts to each other.“


„Oh, this is really sweet of you.“ 


Eric entered the room in the next moment and interrupted their conversation. 


„So, you’re heading to Orlando tomorrow?“ he asked, coming closer. 


„Yes.“ JC replied. 


Eric looked at Eve. 


„You go, as well?“ 


„I do.“ 


„Congrats. I can’t remember the last time someone having the honor.“


„Ricky…“ JC warned him. 


He shrugged his shoulders. 


„What? It’s the truth. You didn’t bring a girl home for a decade, at least.“ 


Eve was truly surprised to hear that.


„Really?“ she asked JC. 


„Yes,“ he answered. 


Eve looked at Eric. He looked back sternly. 


„Don’t screw this up, princess.“


„You wanted to be nice, remember?“ JC said annoyed. 


„It’s okay, baby. Ricky just meant well, right?“ she said cynically. 


„I want both of you stop bitching around,“ JC replied. 


Eve and Eric exchanged glances. 


„Fine by me,“ Eric finally said. 


Eve smiled at him. 


„I’m like a mirror. If you behave, I will as well.“ 


JC stood up in the next moment.


„Happy Hanukkah, Ricky,“ he said and hugged his friend goodbye.


„Merry Christmas, Jay.“ 


Eve stood up, as they released each other and gave Eric an eager smile.


„Jesus… you want a hug, too?“ 


„Yes. It’s Christmas. Time to share some love.“ 


He rolled his eyes, before hugging her, as well.


„Merry Christmas, Eve.“


„Happy Hanukkah, Eric.“ 



Eve and JC made a stop at her apartment after leaving the office. She packed some stuff for the weekend in Orlando. Finally they went to JC’s place, as he needed to pack, as well. They decided spending the night in his house, before leaving in the next morning. Eve never slept here before and felt a little excited, as they entered his property. 


„Your place is so posh,“ she said, as he parked his Jeep in front of the double garage. 


„Is it good or bad?“ he wanted to know. 


„I love your house. But it makes me feel kind of intimidated, to be honest. It reminds me, that you’re not just an regular guy,“ Eve tried to explain.


JC gave her a calm smile.


„You should know by now that nothing about me is extraordinary.“


She smiled back.


„I’m crazy for you, JC Chasez. That makes you very extraordinary.“ 


Suddenly another Jeep entered JC’s property.


„Who’s that?“ Eve asked surprised. 


„It’s T.“ 


Both left the car. Justin parked in front of the house and did the same. 


„Hi,“ he said, as they were coming closer. 


He looked incredibly tensed. 


„Hi,“ both replied. 


JC immediately noticed something was wrong with his best friend. 


„What happened?“ he wanted to know. 


Justin gave both of them a sheepish look. 


„Jess is pregnant.“ 

Congrats by Patricia


Eve was sitting next to Justin at the sofa, processing the latest news. JC brought some drinks, before sitting down at the armchair opposite of them. 


„I know it sounds stupid, but… how did that happen?“ he asked his friend. 


Justin looked at him for a short moment. 


„Jess found out when we already broke up. She said she was stressed about her current project and didn’t pay attention to all screaming signs. However, it was already too late for making choices. She was scared talking to me about it. That’s why she waited that long to tell me.“ 


Eve was just watching the scene.


„How far is she now? JC wanted to know next. 


„Fifth month.“ 


„T… you two broke up because she wanted kids, but you didn’t. Did she just ignore how you felt about that topic?“ 


Justin lowered his head. 


„There was one night when both of us were terribly drunk, joining a party. I didn’t have a condom with me…“ 


There was silence for a moment. 


„What now? Will you go back to her and raise that kid together?“ JC finally continued asking. 


„Is this what you recommend?“ 


„Yes, I do. We both know you have still feelings for her, T.“  


Justin grabbed his face, resting his elbows at his thighs. 


„It’s scares me as fuck being a dad so soon. I have no idea how this works.“


JC smiled calmly. 


„You’ll figure this out, man. There’s nothing on that planet you can’t do.“ 


Justin looked at him, still being tensed. 


„You really think that?“


„You know I do.“ 


There was another pause. 


„My mom will freak out.“


JC nodded. Then he looked deep into his best friend’s eyes.


„Go back to Jess and make things right. Don’t let her alone with this during the holidays.“ 


Justin was sorting his mind. 


„Okay,“ he finally said. 


„Congrats,“ Eve dared saying. 


Justin looked at her.


„What about you, drama queen?“ he changed the subject. „Looks like you figured things out, hm?“ 


She raised her eyebrows.


„I’m not the drama queen in this room and you know it.“


„Excuse me?“ JC said, acting outraged. 


Both looked at him.


„Ya, guess you’re right,“ Justin teased. 


JC gave both a warning look and made them smile. 


„Hey um… I want to thank you for your help, Justin.“ Eve said next. "I really appreciate what you did, even if it was super creepy letting your driver following me to Sandra’s place.“


Justin chuckled. 


„I’m happy things worked out.“


Then he stood up to say goodbye. Eve and JC did as well. 


He hugged JC first and then Eve, wishing both a great time in Orlando. As he finally left the house, Eve and JC looked at each other, still processing the latest news.


„So, you’ll be a godfather soon, hm?“ she said. 


„It’s really crazy this is happening. But I truly believe both will be good.“ 


Eve came closer and embraced his body. He did the same to her. 


„Are you a kids person, Josh?“ she wanted to know. 


He raised his eyebrows and smiled. 


„Really? You’re asking for a baby that soon?“ 


She rolled her eyes.


„This was not my question.“


He smiled harder. 


„You’re sure?“


„JC…“ 


„I like kids. And I hope you do, as well,“ he finally answered.


She bit her lower lip and nodded. He kissed her forehead, still smiling. 


„I’m happy we clarified that.“ 

 

Orlando by Patricia


Eve and JC landed in Orlando in the early afternoon the next day. JC immediately noticed his parents Karen and Roy waiting for them at the exit. They were waving enthusiastically from distance, with big smiles in their faces.


„I thought we take a rental car and meet them at home.“ Eve said surprised.  


„I didn’t know they would come to the airport,“ JC replied. 


Both went into their direction. Karen hurried towards JC and hugged her son tightly. 


„It’s so good to see you, sweetheart,“ she cheered. 


„I missed you, mom,“ he replied, hugging her back tightly. 


When they released each other, Karen gave her attention to Eve. 


„There she is. We’ve been incredibly looking forward to meet you, honey,“ Karen said and pulled her into her arms. 


Eve felt brutally flattered, that JC’s mom liked her from the start. 


Roy greeted his son in the meanwhile, also giving him a big hug. 


„You look good, son. That big smile in your face suits you well.“ 


„Thank you, dad. It’s good to see you,“ JC replied. 


As Karen released Eve, Roy came closer and hugged her, as well. 


„Welcome in our family, Eve.“


„Thank you so much. I’m very happy to be here,“ she answered. 


„Um, we planned renting a car,“ JC said next. 


„We know, but we couldn’t wait to meet your girl and decided to pick you up,“ Roy explained. 


Eve flushed a little, with a bright smile in her face. JC already told her there was no need being worried about meeting his parents, but she didn’t expect them being that openhearted and kind. 



When they arrived at the Chasez’ house, Roy made a little room tour with Eve. Karen went into the kitchen with her son and continued preparing dinner. 


„She’s lovely, Josh. I’m happy you finally found someone, who means so much to you, that you brought her here,“ Karen said. 


JC sat down at the kitchen island and smiled. 


„With her everything feels right, mom.“


„I’m aware of that. Honestly, I was worried I would never see your eyes shining again. But here we are. The sparkle is back. I am incredibly grateful this girl brought happiness back to your life.“


JC smiled sheepishly. 


„Was it really that bad? I mean, I know I became kind of grumpy but…“


„You’ve been broken, Josh,“ Karen interrupted her son. „Life wasn’t fair to you after your band split up. You changed a lot in the past years and it broke my heart. I wished so much I could help you out of the dark, but I didn’t know how.“


„I’m sorry, mom. I didn’t know I made you feel this way.“ 


„Don’t worry about that. All what matters to me is to see you smiling again.“



„This house is amazing. Thank you for showing me around,“ Eve said, as they finished the tour, standing in the hallway.


„You’re welcome, Eve. Um… you must know, my wife and I were terribly excited, when Josh announced bringing his girlfriend. It’s a while ago this happened for the last time.“


Eve smiled.


„Ya, I already heard that.“ 


„It means, you must be very special to him.“ 


„I feel the same way about him.“


„He’s a good boy. If you managed winning his heart, trust me when I say, that he will do everything to make you happy.“


„I know.“ 


Roy smiled and put his arm around his shoulders.


„Come on, lets have a drink in peace, before the rest of the family shows up.“



JC's sibling Heather and Tyler arrived with their families some time later. All of them were also openminded and kind, giving Eve the feeling she was a part of their family. 


Karen made a delicious traditional Christmas dinner, which everybody enjoyed a lot. Finally everybody collapsed in the living room around the coffee table. The women drank wine, while Roy filled the boys up with some good old bourbon. Eve never saw JC being drunk before and needed to admit it was terribly cute. 


Roy fell asleep in his armchair at some point. The rest of the family decided going home, looking forward seeing each other again the next day. 


After helping Karen with tidying up the kitchen, Eve and JC finally went upstairs into their guest room. JC closed the door and embraced her body from behind. He kissed her neck playfully and made her smile.


„You really wanna have sex in your parent’s house?“ 


„Absolutely,“ he groaned into her ear. 


„What, if they hear us?“ 


„I don’t care.“ 


„Because you’re drunk.“


„Tipsy.“


He opened the zipper of her black shift dress and got rid of it in a second. Eve turned into his direction and continued smiling. 


„You’re are drunk, JC.“


He dressed of his shirt next and continued with his jeans. Then he sat down at the edge of the bed and pulled her between his legs. She embraced his neck, as he begun placing gentle kisses at her belly. 


„Your skin tastes so good…“ he whispered. 


He moved his lips higher, while opening her bra with one hand. Then he tossed it to the floor and continued caressing her breasts. She was hot for more and moaned quietly. JC’s hands moved south. He grabbed the waistband of her panties next and let them fall to the floor. His hardness was pushing against the fabric of his briefs. 


„Josh… do me…“


Hearing her say that made him smile dirty. Quickly he dressed off his briefs and pulled her at his lap. She lowered herself carefully and let him enter her in his full length. 


„Yeeeees…“ she moaned.


„For the record, they definitely can hear you…“ JC said, still grinning. 


Eve bit her lips, trying hard to behave. She moved back and forth slowly, while he was holding her hips and looking deep into her eyes. 


It didn’t take her long reaching the edge. Her breath got deeper and it was almost impossible to her staying quiet. JC noticed her struggle and kissed her. 


She accelerated her pace, feeling her orgasm taking control. JC grabbed the back of her head to kiss her deeper. 


„Mmm… mmm… mmmmm…!“ 


She broke their kiss, gasping for air. 


„Good girl,“ he said, with a naughty smile. 


She bit his lower lip playfully. 


„Let’s see if you can behave, as well…“ 


Then she raised herself and knelt down between his legs. JC was craving for his own release, impatiently waiting for her to start. She licked her way up in his full length and continued with his tip.


JC’s breath was already out of control. 


„Please… baby, suck me…“


She continued playing with him.


„Eve… I need it now…“ 


Finally she took him into her mouth and did what he was longing for. 


„Yeeeees…! he groaned, getting lost in ecstasy. 


She sucked him a little harder to make him cum. 


„Oh fuck… now… baby… this is so goooood…!“


JC was catching his breath, realizing he behaved much louder than she did. Eve stood up slowly. Both laid down in bed and covered their naked bodies under the blanket. Eve turned in his direction. He did the same and cupped her cheek with one hand. 


„I can’t express in words how much I love you,“ he whispered. 


She kissed his lips gently.


„You’re everything for me, Josh. I love you with my whole body and soul.“ 




In the next morning Eve woke up, being alone in bed. She raised herself slowly and found a note from JC on his pillow:


Good morning sleepy kitty, 

I tried to wake you up, but it was hopeless. Let’s blame the jetlag and the wine. 

See you downstairs for breakfast. 

I love you, Josh 


Eve smiled after reading his note. She grabbed her phone from the bedside table and checked the time. It was almost 10 AM. Then she noticed a missed call from Christian. Being sure, he just wanted to wish her happy holidays, she decided to call him back quickly. 


„Merry Christmas, ex boss!“ she cheered, as Christian picked up. 


„Merry Christmas, Eve. Are you good?“ 


„Actually, yes. I’m in Orlando with JC, visiting his folks…“ 


There was silence on the other side. Christian needed to process first. 


„Does it mean… you and him are…?“


„Yes. We are together. I know it must sound completely weird for you, but… ya… that’s how things are now.“


There was another short pause.


„Um… look… I’m really happy to hear that, but… I actually called because I need to tell you something.“


„Sounds serious,“ Eve replied, getting a little concerned. 


„Well, I really don’t know how to start this…“


She turned uneasy. 


„Just say what you have to say, Christian.“


He took a deep breath. 


„Tom is in Los Angeles. And he’s looking for you.“ 



THE END



 

This story archived at http://nsync-fiction.com/archive/viewstory.php?sid=3084