The Break Up Letter by Koralin_Timberlake
Summary: After a one year relationship with his girlfriend, Justin has finally had enough and explains what went wrong in his own special way.
Categories: Completed Het Stories Characters: Justin Timberlake
Awards: None
Genres: Drama, Romance
Challenges: None
Series: The Break Up Letter Series.
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 3536 Read: 4412 Published: Apr 09, 2007 Updated: Apr 09, 2007

1. The Break Up Letter by Koralin_Timberlake

The Break Up Letter by Koralin_Timberlake
Jordana,

I remember the very first time I met you, I couldn't take my eyes off of you. Something about you really drew me in. When I finally found the courage to talk to you, I have come to find out that you were the most confident, charrasmatic girl that I have ever met. You always found a way to make me laugh and at the same time, have something smart to say.


"Um, excuse me." Jordana turned her attention away from her friends and to the guy now standing infront of her.

"I saw you from across the room and there is no way that I can leave this party without your name." raising an eyebrow, she casually looked him over. He was tall, had blue eyes, shaved head, and the most sexiest smile that she had ever seen. His style was simple, dressed in plain white tee and black loosely fitted jeans, rockin a pair of fresh new forces.

He watched her watching him. Staring him in the eyes she spoke.

"Does that line work on all of your little skanks? Or is that supposed to be the panty dropper?" he was a lillte taken back by her comment but quickly recovered.

Chuckling he licked his lips slowly. "Feisty one huh?" he shook his head. " You know, I like a little challenge now and then."

Squinting her eyes, she pursed her lips. " A little challenge? What the hell do I look like to you?" her hands now on her hips.

"You look like someone that is playing hard to get." he stepped closer to her closing the space between them. "But don't worry. You won't be too hard to catch."

Scoffing, she stepped away from him. " Look, I'm not like any of these hoes in here ok. And if you think that you can just come over here spitting that weak ass game thinkin that I'm gonna fall for you, then you have got me twisted. Now excuse me."

Rolling her brown eyes she turned to walk away from him but her stopped her, grabbing on to her wrist. She snatched it back staring at him sharply.

" Listen I'm sorry ok. I wasn't trying to come at you like that. I... I don't know what came over me." he nervously rubbed at his neck. Her features softened as he gazed at her sincerely.

"It's ok. Forget about it. Your not the first guy to do something like that." she pasued. "But you are the cutest. So I guess I can let it slide." They shared a small laugh. He stuffed his hands in his pockets.

"Soo, you think I'm cute?" he asked grinning at her. She bit the corner of her lip.

"Something like that." he nodded his head slowly.

"Alright alright. Um, how about we start over again? he stuck his hand out. "Hi, I'm Justin."

Laughing she extended hers. "Hello Justin, I'm Jordana." he took her hand in his.

"Jordana. That's a beautiful name for a beautiful girl." she blushed when he kissed her silky caramel hand.

"Thank you." she took her hand back. " See, I wouldn't have busted your ego earlier if you wouldn't have been acting a fool."

Scratching his chin he laughed out loud. " I deserve that."

"You deserve more than that. I'm just bein nice today." this time she allowed him to move a little closer. Leaning in a little he asked her to dance.

"How about I make it up to you on the dance floor." breathing in the scent of his cologne, she smiled nodding her head. Grabbing her hand he led her onto the dance floor. Placing his hands on her hips they began to move to the music. She put her arms around his neck and leaned in close to his ear whispering.

"Hope you can dance cuz you have a lot to make up for." she teased. Pulling her closer he slowly licked his lips.

"Trust me, I'll make up for it and then some."


You were smart, funny, sarcastic, with a big touch of class. You kept me in line and you knew how to push my buttons in a good way. I loved being around you so much that there were times when I was anticipating seeing your beautiful face or just hearing that voice that I eventually fell in love with. When we first started dating I couldn't have been anymore excited. Talking on the phone for hours, watching movies with each other all night long, clowning on each other until we cried laughing. Those were some of the things that made me realize that I wanted you to be my girl. Everything was going great until about three months when I noticed a change in you.

You weren't communicating anymore

I began to notice that you didn't seem to care about anything anymore. Everytime I asked you something you would either shrug your shoulders or sigh. When I would ask you to pick a place where we could go out and have fun your response was 'Why don't you choose?' or 'I don't care where we go' or 'Why do we have to go anywhere anyway?' It seemed like everything we did was left up to me. You stopped making your own decisions and voicing your own opinions. Your personality just did this huge three sixty and I couldn't understand why. I thought you were just going through something at the time so I let it go but when you would begin to pout or sulk when I choose a place you didn't like it was really starting to get on my nerves.


"Why are we here justin? Couldn't you have picked something else? Something better?" he sighed for the millionth time that night. Setting his fork down he stared at her from across the table.

"There is nothing wrong with this restaurant. We've been here so many times before. Now will you stop complaining and eat your food." rolling her eyes at him she looked to the side, muttering angrily.

"If you didn't bring me to this cheap ass place everyday maybe I wouldn't have to complain." he glared at her, shaking his head whispering.

"Quit actin like a damn child jordana. You do this all the time and frankly I'm tired of hearing you whine. Shut that shit up please." narrowing her eyes at him she leaned in closer.

"I don't know who the hell you think you talking to like that but you better pump your brakes and pump them fast." crossing her arms over her chest she rolled her eyes. Justin sat back in his chair and rubbed his hand over his head.

"I'm not going to do this with you right now. If you don't want to be here than why don't you pick up the fuckin check so we can go?" the air in the restaurant was full of tension created by the two.

"I'm not picking up anything. Your the one that picked this place so you pay for it." she said rasing her voice a litlle. People at a near by table began to stare at them. He set his napkin down angrily but calmly, his lips in a thin line.

"You know what? Fine. I'll pay for the check since you don't ever pay for shit anyway." pulling out his wallet he called out to the waiter. Minutes later they paid for the dinner and left the restaurant. He had a strong grip on the steering wheel as he drove. She had been yelling at him ever since they left the restaurant and it was pissing him off.

"Jordana, shut the hell up ok!! Just shut the hell up." she positioned her body toward him pointing her finger at his face.

"Don't tell me to shut up. I'll say whatever it is I feel like saying. Ugh I don't even know why I let you do anything. Your too mother fuckin stupid to do it right." he made a sharp left turn. her body jerking forward from the impact.

"Damn, Justin will you drive..."

"Shut your damn mouth!!!" he yelled his eyes turning a darker blue." You have been runnin your gums ever since we left and I've had it up to here with it." he motioned with his hands. "Now, I swear to fucking god I will make you walk your ass home if I hear you say another damn word. Got it!!" they stared at each other with hateful eyes. Huffing she turned away from him staring out of her window crossing her arms over her chest, tears running down her cheeks. Calming his breathing down he focused on the road ahead. Silence consmued them on the ride home.


I hated all of those times that I had to scream at you. It wasn't something that I wanted to do but it was the only way that I could get you to bequiet and listen to me. I'm not a mind reader. I don't know what you want unless you tell me yourself. If you would have been straight forward and let me know what it was that you wanted then we could have avoided all of the yelling and the arguements. The last thing I want to do is fight with you baby. I love you way too much, and It hurts me to see you cry over it. I want to make you happy but ...that is hard to do when every second you snap at me for all of my little mistakes.

You didn't trust me anymore.

You would call me more than usual. At first I didn't mind it because I love talking with you but when you would begin to call like four of five times a day to just check up on me, It seriously started to get on my nerves. What happened to calling me for a reason? You didn't have any so when you would call sometimes I would ignore until I had to turn my phone completely off. My friends would ask me questions like 'What is up with your girl?' and it's sad but I couldn't think of anything to say to explain it myself. I hated that you would demand to know where I was at twenty four seven. Don't get me wrong spending time with you was one of my favorite things but I want to hang out with my boys too. I deserve to have a life outside of us but It seemed like you didn't want me to. Why was it that you could be with your friends and I would have to reject mine? It wasn't fair to me.

She sat on the couch the phone up to her ear. "Baby, I'm just chillen with terrence and a couple of his friends. No big deal."

"It is a big deal jay. You and I were supposed to spend the night together. We haven't done that in a while." she whined fingering the lint on her sweats. He sighed loudly.

"We spent the whole day yesterday and the entire week last week together. What do you mean we haven't done that in awhile."

"I..I.. I don't know justin. I just don't want to be alone tonight." she said in a tiny voice.

"Why don't you call up one of your girls? Isn't melody off tonight." he asked. Rolling her eyes she pulled her knees up to her chest.

"I don't want to go out with them. I want to be with you. But I guess your boys are more important than me."

"Don't even start. You know how much I love you ok. I haven't been out with them for the past who knows how long. I just wanted to have some fun tonight. You can understand that can't you baby?"

"Yea I can. Do what you want then Justin. I don't care anymore." she said anger apparent in her voice. He immediately picked up on it.

"Don't get mad please."

"I'm not mad."

"Yes you are. I can hear it in your voice."

"I'm surprised you can hear anything with that loud ass music in the back ground." she bit annoyingly. Defeated he spoke softly into the phone.

"Baby please, don't do this right now."

"What am I doing?" she questioned.

"Your actin like a bi... never mind."

"No, say what you have to say." she demanded. He rubbed his forehead.

"Nothing ok. It was nothin."

"It was something Justin. You were going to say I was acting like a bitch weren't you?" he remained silent.

"Huh? Weren't you?"

"Listen, it's getting late. You should get some sleep."

"No, I'm not done talking to you."

"Well I'am. Goodnight."

"Justin don't you--" the line went dead. She let out an aggravated scream and threw the phone across the room. She watched it hit the wall and shatter into pieces.


You accused me of cheating on you.

I can't believe that for a second you would think that I would do that to you. You know I'm not that kind of guy and I even told you from the beginning that I wasn't like that. When you told me that you thought I was hooking up with your friends I was speechless. I didn't know what to do, think, or say. Looking back I think that was the most craziest, stupidest thing that you could have ever done. It hurt me to the core that you felt that I was being unfaithful. I loved you and respected you but you didn't seem to do the same.


"Don't lie to me justin. I want to know what you were doing with her." she followed him as he walked up the stairs into his room. He threw his hands up in frustration.

"For the last time woman. There was nothing goin on. I was just giving her a ride to work because her car broke down. You should know. She even told you her car was in the shop."

"So, that doesn't mean that you have to be her personal chauffeur." she sat on the edge of the bed. He came out of his closet a shirt in his hands.

"I was doing her a favor. I don't see what your problem is." he slipped his shirt on walking into the bathroom.

"You call hooking up with her a favor?" his voice echoed into the room.

"I didn't hook up with anyone Jordana. What is it with you? Why all of a sudden you think I'm playin you." she walked into the bathroom watching him in the mirror as he carefully shaved.

"Maybe because you are. That's the third time this week that you were supposedly giving her a ride." she used quotations as she went on. "Is the next ride going to be on your dick." she shouted out. He was startled by her sudden outburst and nicked himself with his blade.

"Ouch!!!! Fuck!!!" he dabbed the blood with a wet towel. "See what the hell you made me do." she shrugged her shoulders carelessly.

"It's just a little cut. Stop bein a bitch about it." slamming his fist on the marble counter he pointed towards the door angrily.

"Leave." she openened her mouth slightly and scoffed.

"I'm not going anywhere until I get some answers." she leaned against the door frame challenging him. He advanced toward her as they stood face to face. He grabbed her chin, tilting it. He kissed her hard causing her to stumble back. His hands roamed her body and she moaned into his mouth. A moment later he pulled away. Carressing her cheek he smirked. Looking directly into her eyes he spoke.

"You are fuckin trippin." with that he slammed the bathroom door shut in her face. She didn't even notice that she was not in the bathroom anymore. Shaking her head in disbelief she began to bang on the door, shouting loudly.

"Justin!!! Justin!!! Open this door!!! Justin!!!" she banged one last time and turned to walk out off the room in a huff.

"Aahhhhh!! Can't stand you." Justin set the toilet seat lid down and sat on it. He put his head in his hands and thought to himself.

"What is going on with her?" standing up he turned the water on, finishing his shaving.


You took what I said and held it against me.

I'm human ok, so sometimes when I say things they might come out wrong. I know I say stupid things at times but you can't blame me or get mad. Whenever I would say something that would upset you, you would never talk to me about it and you would hold against me for days. It got to the point that you were soo mad that you would explode into a full blown temper tantrum. I remember there was a time when I didn't even say anything to you and you automatically thought that I was trying to hurt you or ignore you when really all I was doing was giving you your space. Even when I would apologize or try to explain you never wanted to hear it. You would shut me out and make it hard for me to get through to you. Pretty soon it was becoming real hard to be around you. I wanted to be with the jordana that I knew. Not the jordana that you changed into. What happended to my match? She wasn't there anymore.


"Why are you ignoring me justin? Say something." he rubbed his eyes tiredly. It was 1:30 in the morning and the last thing he wanted to do was deal with her. She wasnt going to let him sleep and he knew it.

"I'm tired. Can't we do this tomorrow or something." he rolled over onto his stomach holding on tightly to his pillow. She sat up turning on the bed side light.

"No, I want to know why you have been ignoring me all day." his voice was muffled by his pillow.

"I ain't doin this." she threw the covers off and the cold air hit his body. He rolled onto his back.

"What are you doing?" he asked her as she grabbed a pillow and proceeded to the door. She opened the door looking back at him.

"I'm going to sleep in the guest room. Since you want to act like I don't exsist then I'll help you out by sleeping somewhere else."

"Girl, will you just come back to bed." he asked pleadingly sitting up on his elbows.

"Not until you tell me why your being mean to me." she stood by the door looking at him sadly. Groaning inwardly he got off the bed and made his way to her. Scooping her up into his arms. He held her rocking from side to side. Kissing the top of her head.

"I'm not being mean to you. Today has just been a long day and I'm just tired alright. If it seemed like I have been ignoring you than I'm sorry sweetie." he ran his thumb over her lips and kissed her softly. She ran her hands down his bare chest and nodded.

"Ok baby, I'm sorry for being so paranoid." he grabbed her hand and led her back to bed. Turning off the lamp he put an arm around her waist kissing her shoulder.

"It's ok. Let's just get some sleep." Intertwining her hands with his they fell into a comfortable sleep.

I still love you and I wish you luck.

We have have been through some good times and some bad times together. Our entire relationship has been one big rollercoaster ride. I have never experienced as many emotions and feelings with any other girl before in my life. I hated you, I loved and I hated you some more. I regret a lot of the things that I did and have said but if there is one thing that I don't regret is meeting you and falling in love with the most wonderful girl ever. If I had to do it all again I would in a heartbeat. I think in a way, we have both had some sort of impact on each other. It might not have been the greatest but it was something. I can honestly say that you truly have left a mark on my life and in my heart.

I've heard that you are with someone else now and that things aren't going to well. I guess you didn't learn much from me and our relationship, but I hope that one day you will go deep down and once again become the person that I remember. The amazing girl you were when we first met. I know you will make a guy one of the greatest girlfriends someday, even if I'm not that guy. I love you and I always will. Who knows maybe in time we just might... who knows...maybe have another chance. But as of right now the best thing for us is to be apart.

I'll never forget about you and what once was the most incredible thing we shared.

Always,
Justin Timberlake
This story archived at http://nsync-fiction.com/archive/viewstory.php?sid=31