Meeting Britney by Alyssa Rae
Summary:

This is something that tumbled out of my mind as a what if.... It's not very long. But should I continue with it? I'll just leave this here.


Categories: In Progress Het Stories Characters: Group, Justin Timberlake
Awards: None
Genres: General
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 10 Completed: No Word count: 8534 Read: 651 Published: Feb 14, 2024 Updated: May 09, 2024
Story Notes:

this is just my idea of what may have happened if this was real.

1. Chapter 1 by Alyssa Rae

2. Chapter 2 by Alyssa Rae

3. Chapter 4 by Alyssa Rae

4. Chapter 4 by Alyssa Rae

5. Chapter 5 by Alyssa Rae

6. Chapter 6 by Alyssa Rae

7. Chapter 7 by Alyssa Rae

8. Chapter 8 by Alyssa Rae

9. Chapter 10 by Alyssa Rae

11. Chapter 9 by Alyssa Rae

Chapter 1 by Alyssa Rae
Author's Notes:

Leaving this thought here....Hope you like it.

My name is Ava Lea Timberlake.... And if you're asking, Yes I'm Justin's daughter. No. He did not cheat on Jess. I came along way before her and the boys. I'm the result of the pregnancy that was supposedly " terminated " in 2000. I can assure you that it wasn't and that I am alive and well and living proof of that. 

 

I was raised as far away from all that bullshit and the lime light as my Dad could get me. Raised by family, here in Tennessee. By some cousins who knew how to Keep their mouths shut and raise me like their own. I always knew Lynn as Granny and Randy and Paul as Grandpa. There was never any doubt there, who I belonged too.  Just know that I was loved as a kid, and never lacked for anything. 

Believe it or not,being as young as he was when I was born, My Dad was a big part of my life. Although it was never really known how I truly came to be. He always showed up at school functions and  Graduations. I recently graduatied from the University of Tennessee -Knoxville at the top of my class in Pre Law. And am currently attending Law school there as well.

 

Like I said before, There was never any lack of love for me growing up. But, still there was a hallow place inside my heart that was just reserved for her. The place that my mother would have been , has she been there to take it. I am old enough to understand why I was kept away from that side of my family. But, it will never stop me from wondering what she was truly like . 

My Granny Lynn says that I am a lot like her as a young woman, before " Hollywood got to her".What she should have been. I am a dead ringer for her and My Aunt Jamie Lynn. The only thing I got from my dad is his curls.

End Notes:

Sorry so short......Let me know what you think.

Chapter 2 by Alyssa Rae
Author's Notes:

Ava Reads her mother's book...... What will happen now?

I laid on the floor of my old room at home in Knoxville. Staring up at the stars that were still fixed to the ceiling of my old room since I was a kid. Trying to wrap my head around the words I had just read. They stared back at me as I read the same passage over and over again. I closed the book and let fall to the floor beside me. 

 

I tried to fight off the tears that stung my eyes. Was I really a mistake??? Had my Dad lied to me and not really wanted me at all?Was that why my cousins had raided me as their own?Was what my mother had written true? Why the hell was I even here?

 

Snapped back into reality by the knock on my door. I sat up and tried to pul myself together.IT was my 'Mom" Eliza. She loved me like no other had, and ever would. Sh always had a sixth sense about when something was wrong with me. Like a damn Bloodhound.

 

" Ava Lea?" She said, opening the door. It was like she could smell my tears. 

" Yes Mama."

' Why are you laying down here on the floor.  Crying no less? Did that Idiot Jeremy stand up my little girl again?" She asked. Then catching sight of the book that was laying beside me, she sighed. Picking up the book, she  looked at the picture on the front cover. 

" She never was much for wearing clothes on the top half." Eliza said, as she gazed at the picture of my mother on the front of the book.

WHen she got no response from me, she put the book down on my bed, and sat down  next to me on the floor. " You read the part about your Daddy, didn't you?"

I couldn't speak, I sat up and took comfort in the arms of the only mother I'd ever known. I could no more help the sobs that wracked my body than I could help my situation. 

" Why am I here?" I cried. 

" Ava Lea. You are here and you are wanted and loved. Just know that."Eliza murmured into my hair. 

" I'm not a mistake?" I asked her, wiping my eyes with the back of the Henley t shirt I was wearing .

" NO. Absolutely not , Ava. You have to know that what she wrote was a lie  You are living proof of that.  She did not have an abortion.She wrote that to get attention That was her main problem anyway. She wanted to be the center of attention all the time. Not a patent. She wasn't ready for you. Neither your mama or you daddy was ready for you at the time. That is why you came to be with Me and your Papa."

 Eliza had always had a way of knowing just what to say or do when it came to calming me down. She was truly my mom. And I loved her. 

 

" I just want to know why. Why she would write that kid of crap.It's not true ."

 

My Mom sighed, " She wanted to save face. She wants to put the screws to your daddy and watch him burn. Even though it has been 24 years now. She just had never been able to let go."

" Let go of what?" I asked her confused.

" Justin. And he let go of her a long time ago, to get you."

" I want to talk to her. " I confessed. Not really understanding the pull this woman , I had never laid eyes on except in pictures . Why she was on my mind constantly.

Eliza looked at me like I had shot her in the chest. " Now why would you want to go and do something like that?"

" Because I want to say that I have met my mother. I need to make the decision for myself weather I want her in my life or not. I want to meet my little brothers."

" You have met your little brothers." Eliza said, confused by my behavior. 

" I mean Sean and Jayden., Mom." I rolled my eyes and stood to go sit on my bed. 

" You are opening up Pandora's box Ava Lea."

" They are as much my family, as Justin and the boys are."

'That may be true, but you have no idea what you are getting yourself into with That AVA Lea."

" Is meeting the woman one time gonna hurt anything? NO>" I said, getting defensive. 

" AVA LEA TIMBERLAKE, Is that anyway to talk to your mother?"

I got bold and looked at Eliza right dead in her eyes. "I wuoldn't know. I've never met her."

My mom stood there in the middle of my bedroom, a single tear ran down her cheek She said nothing, but walked away and shut the door behind her. 

End Notes:

And so the story continues. 

Chapter 4 by Alyssa Rae
Author's Notes:

Drama!

" Houston, we have a problem." Eliza spoke into the phone.

 

" What's wrong? Is something wrong with my daughter?" Justin asked, not liking the sound in Eliza's voice. She didn't normally call like this. Something wasn't right. 

 

" She got a copy of that damn book that Brit wrote.  Now she has her head filled with full of all that bullshit that she put out there. This is the exact thing that you have been trying to protect her from her entire life, Justin. She does not get it."

" No , she doesn't. But, if she tries to meet her mother and the boys, she will sure as hell find out. I'll Talk to her. Thanks for the heads up LIza."

" Justin, I love her. I cant watch her go through what you went through with them. Please do something." Eliza pleaded with him. 

" I know. All I can do is try."

 

**********

My phone rang, as I crossed the quad to go to my car. I was gonna drive over to the law library for a study group for one of my law classes. I fished around in my bag for my phone. Which, Of course, had taken up residence in the bottom of said bag. My hand finally fund it and I pulled it out of the bag as I reached my car.  Seeing that it was a FaceTime call from Justin, put a smile on my face.

I slid the icon to the right, and smiled into the camera, " Hi Justin."

He smiled back at me on the screen, and replied, " What have I told you about calling me that?"

" To call you Dad."

" Well?" He said, waiting.

" Hey Dad." I said and a slow smile spread across his lips. " I love the sound of that from you., Ava. I know that I wasn't there a lot for you when you were younger, but I.."

 

" You did what you had to do. You were young. You made sure that I was safe and well cared, and provided for. And I have been, Dad. I have no regrets." I said to him, getting nasty about this conversation.

" Liza told me that you read your mother's book. " He said, and there it was. The reason for his call.

" I did." I confessed. 

'Is there anything that you need to know?"

I sat there in my car, in the parking lot near my dorm....And started to cry.

" Aw Honey. I didn't mean for you to cry. I knew that this was not going to go well. Shit."

" I want to know why. I want to know why she would lie in a book like that. About me. OR not having me. WHY? Millions of people have read this. And think that is the gospel."

" To get at me, Ava.She did it to get at me , and inadvertently you."

" Why? What purpose does it serve?"

' To try and hurt me again.For the things that she can't let go of. She is not stable. Never really has been. I thought I could change her, But I could't. "

" Why did she not want me, Dad?"

 Justin sat there for a moment, Then said," She did want you. That was never the problem."

Hel lowered the boom on me. My mother had wanted me. She wanted me....

" Then why have I been kept away from her for so long. Why has she not tried to see me or at least asked about me? " 

" It was the only way we could keep you away from the nut jobs she calls family."

ANger filled my entire being. I had never been angry at my father before, But, I sure as hell was now. He has said so himself, My mother had wanted me. And he had purposefully kept me away from her for my entire life. AND I WANT TO KNOW WHY .

" Ava Lea.. there is no excuse. We were really young. Neither one of us was worthy of raising you at the time. She made the decision to leave you with me.Because she knew that my family was way more stable than her's.  It was the best thing for you at the time."

End Notes:

Feedback/

Chapter 4 by Alyssa Rae

WHY?? I abruptly hang up on him.Tears stream down my face as. I get in my car, and just drive. I have no idea where I'm going, as long as it't not here. 

 

 

24 hours later.....

 

James, Eliza's husband answered the door to Justin on the other side. A look of relief came over his face. "Good I'm glad toy could come out on such short notice." He said stepping to the side so Justin could come into the house. 

Justin shook his hand and said," have you heard anything from her? Has anyonw seen Ava?"

" No." Liza said, as she camie into the living room from their kitchen. " She's angry. What did you say to her, Justin?"

' I told her the truth. That Britney wrote this crap to get at me. She wanted to know why her mom did not want her. I told her that she did want her, but her family was bad news. And that she signed her over to me as soon as she was born to keep her out of this shit. She did not take that very well. She hung up on me."

 

" We have to find her." Liza Saudi wringing her hands together. She did not look well at all. 

" I think I may know where she is. But , you have to let me do this my way. It may involve Britney too."

" You know how I feel about that , Justin."

" I also know that she has a right to know exactly to know why things are the way they are., Liza, This is about Ava. Not us. Now we all have to live with the outcome of what we all did years ago. Grant you, I never dreamed that this would happen, but it has and we have to deal with it."

" Yo do what ever you have to do to get my girl back here safe." Liza replied, now clinging to her husband. " She has no idea what she is doing."

" I won't let her drown, Liza. But, this is something that my daughter and I have to do together. I can't let her do this on her own." Justin stated." I think she may have gone to Louisiana."

" Why would she do that?" 

" To see where her mother came from. Possibly to hook up with Lynne.I don;t know. But,I have a gut feeing that's where she is headed.Has anyone tracked her phone?"

" No, I never thought of that." Liza said, surprised at herself because she had not thought of it first. 

Justin pulled out his phone and said," I has trackers put on every device she has ever gotten. That may seem stalker- like, but I bave never had to use it until now.So here goes nothing."

He typed into his phone and waited for a moment. A look of relief came over his face. 

"She's getting close to Kentwood. "  He stood and said, " I need to go get her. I'll keep in touch,." 

 

******

 

I stopped at a rest stop for a little sleep. Waking up in a rest stop is a little disconcerting when you are alone. I got out of the car and went into the bathroom to clean up a little. I could not believe I has made it as far as I had in one night. I was so mad that I had not paid attention to the time , It was now a little after 8 in the morning. And I noticed that my phone was off. I forgot to charge it and it was now dead to the world. I plugged it into the charger and it came back to life. 

 

At least 30 text from My mama and As many from Justin. There were even a few from Jess, wondering if I was ok and where I was. There was also a few from My best friend from School, Lola. She wondered where I was and why I blew off study group with a test coming up. 

 

I put the phons down on the seat, and started the car up.  I ignored all the messages, that were still coming through. I had one goal on this trip. To meet my mother, one way to the other. And I was gonna start with my grandmother Lynne.

*****

 

I looked at the address on my phone to see if it was the right place.THis had do be it. The house was set off the road a bit. With a circle drive out front. There were several cars sitting out front, so I just pulled in behind one of them. Sitting there in the driveway for a moment. Fear gripped me. What if this had all been for nothing. What if she rejected me? What if she calls me a liar and slams the door in my face. Well,  I need to know one way or the other....I get out of my car and walk up to the ornate front doors and ring the bell.

 

A few seconds later, an older darn haired woman answered the door, Virginia Slim hanging off her lips opened the door...

" Well that was ....." She stopped dead in her tracks when she saw me standing there. She was obviously not expecting me.

" Who are you?" She said backing away from the door, like she had seen a ghost. Maybe she had..

" My name is Ava. Ava Lea Timberlake." I say as I watch the color drain out of my grandmother's face. 

" My Britney's baby girl. Oh My God." She whispered.

" Yes . I'm your granddaughter."

Chapter 5 by Alyssa Rae
Author's Notes:

Gettting Juicy!!!!!!

Justin was driving down the i 20 twoard Kentwood when he finally made the call. The call that he had been dreading for years. The call to Britney. This superseaded all of his feelings. This was about their child. It was still weird to him to think of Ava as " Their" Child.This was about their child , and  maybe something she could help with for once.

 

The phone rang once, twice , and again a third time. Before going to voice mail. She never answered her calls, even with caller ID. She always screened them, as long as he had known her. When the beep sounded, he cleared his throat.

 

" Hey. It's J. I really need to talk to you. It's about Ava. Please call me back."

Not even two minutes later his phone rang. He hit the button on the steering wheel and answered the call.

" Hello?" He answered Nervously. Not knowing how to even start this conversation, let alone where it may wind up.

"J?" her familiar voice filler his truck.

" Hey Brit."

" What's going on? You said this is about Ava. Did something happen to her?" She asked, He noted the edge in her voice.

" She read your book. She had some questions and I tried to answer them to the best of my ability. But, she is angry. She wants to meet you and your boys. But she got so mad at me last night that she took off.:

 

" What do you mean , she took off. Where is she, Justin?" Britney cut him off. 

" I mean that she got mad at me, and she took off. In her car to parts unknown. But she forgot about the taacker on her phone. She is headed to Louisiana, Britney, She's going to your mom."

" What?"

" We need to get to her b fore they do."

She sat there for a moment, stunned to silence. Then breaking that silence," What can I do, Justin? She doesn't know me,I don;t know her. What if she doesn't like what she hears from me.?"

" I can guarantee you one thing, Britney. She is not liking either one of us right now.But right now we both need to be there for our daughter. She does not realize what this will do if it gets out that she exists. Especially after all the crap that you wrote for that book. Why in the hell did you let them publish that shit? When you knew that it was not true, and that she had access to it?"

" I .....I was...:" SHe fumbled with her words, as she always did when she was caught with her hand in the cookie jar. 

Anger coursed through his veins at her. But he pushed it aside for now. Their kid was the most important thing now. " Never mind. Is there anyway that you can make it down to Kentwood?"

" You ...You mean you want me around Ava?" Britney asked, taken aback by his statement. 

" It's not up to me anymore.  It;s up to her now." He said, feeling the sting of those words all the way down the highway as he kept driving. 

End Notes:

Sorry it's so short, but Needed to put it out there. As usual. Keep the feed back coming.!!!! And THANK YOU FOR READING.

Chapter 6 by Alyssa Rae

I stood there staring at my mother's mother. She was frail looking. Not at all what I had expected. A tall man came down the hallway and said, " Mom...Who's at the door?"

 

Walking up behind Lynne stood whom I assumed was my uncle Bryan. He looked too much like my mom and aunt Jamie Lynn. Not to be.He stopped dead in his tracks.

" Momma?"

" This is Britney's baby girl, Bryan."

Now the awkward silence was almost deafening.   "You're Ava?" Bryan said, breaking that silence.

" That's me. And you are my Uncle Bryan." I said , trying to get my voice not to shake. The last thing I wanted these people to see was that I was nervous as hell. 

 

" Yes. Please come in." He said, pulling his mother back a little so I could come into the house.Closing the door behind him. HE lead his mother and me into what looked like the main living space. Lynne sat down on one of the large leather couches. She was silent. I looked from Lynne  to Bryan and then back to Lynne. Bryan spoke, " Sodid your dad finally get his head out of his assand let you come and meet us?"

 

Taken aback about what he said about Justin I replied," NO. I came on my own. He doesn't;t know that I'm here. I wanted this. "

" This whole thing is what destroyed your mom. " Bryan said, as he got up and went into the kitchen coming back into the room with what looked like a wine glass filled with red wine He handed the glass to his mother. She took a sip off the glass and spoke.

" None of this was Justin's fault. Bryan. With everything going on at the time that Ava came along, I would have done what your sister did. She did it to save Ava from having a childhood like she had. Please tell me that you had a happy childhood." Lynn said almost sounding like she was begging me to tell her something good had come out of this entire arrangement. 

 

" I has a wonderful childhood. I was raised by two lovely people. , who treatment me like I was their own. They are and always will be my mama and Papa. My dad was there as much as he could be. I just graduated college back in May. I started Law school a couple of months ago."

" Did you hear that Bryan? She's gonna be a lawyer."Lynne echoed me.

" That's good I guess. You aren't gonna be in the business then?"

" No. Unfortunately I couldn't;t carry a tune in a bucket. Which makes no sense, seeing who my parents are. But, I am gonna make a difference in my own way. "

Bryan stood up and walked out of the room . Leaving me alone with Lynne. She reached out her hand to me. I put my hand in hers.I could feel her hand trembling. 

" You look so much like your momma at your age. What is that 23?"

" I'm 24. Just turned in August. : I said, gripping her hand. She looked down at our hands , surprised by the gesture. 

" I know. My Granny told me that too. She said that I look just like her with my dad's curls."I said pointing to my Curly blonde hair. 

She smiled and said,; He always did have a head full of curls. How is your Granny?"

" She's good."

" I'm glad you're here, Ava Lea." She said , her hand no longer shaking in mind. Holding onto it firmly.

"Me too."

 

Chapter 7 by Alyssa Rae

While standing out in the hallway, out of earshot from the girls. He did something that he normally did not do. He called his father , Jamie. 

 

" Well, This is a surprise. " Jamie said into the phone. It had been at least a year since he had spoken to his eldest child.

"Dad. You need to come over to the house, NOW." Bryan said quietly into the phone.

" You know that if your mom is around that I don't go to that house. "

" You need to see this. "

"See what?"

" Britney's daughter. "

There was a dead silence on the other end o the line. After a moment, Jamie cleared his throat and said." Excuse me? Did you say Britney's daughter?"

" Yes. That's what I said."

" Are you sure?"

" There is no other person she could be."

" She could be anybody, Bryan. Tryin to get money out of your mother and her mother. "

" No. You don't get it , Dad. This is Ava. Justin and Britney's daughter. She is here and in living color in the living room."

" Are you serious now?"

" Would I have called you if I wasn't ?"

Jamie actually felt his son's words sting. " I guess that you are then. Well, do what you have to do to keep her there. I need to make some calls. "

" Calls? Calls to who?" Now regretting ever making this phone call, Bryan grilled his father. 

" The press. This is a big deal."

" NO. I don't think that Ava wants that. She just wanted to meet her family. "

" I don't care what she thinks. This is about what will affect her mother. "

" You are not in charge of that anymore. She can make those decisions for herself now. She does not need for you to do that for her. And if she wants to meet her daughter. I think that she should. Maybe then she can start to heal from all this bullshit. " Bryan said in defense of his title sister. 

" She's nuts , Bryan. It's high time that you all realized that . She does not have the facilities to make those kind of decisions for herself. "

" I will not let you do to my niece , what you did to my sister. I'm sorry I called you"

He heard foot steps in the hallway, Turning to see his mother standing there. 

" Bryan, what the hell did you just do?"

" I called Dad. "

" Why would you do that? We finally got our girl back and here in this house, and you go and call him.  I will not let him touch Ava Lee. " Lynne said, Her next words were drowned out by the doorbell ringing. 

Lynne could not believe any of this at the moment. She turned on her heel and went to answer the door. Not ready for who stood on the other side. Two Timberlakes in one day. 

Justin stood on the other side of the door. " Lynne, Please tell me my daughter is here. "

" She's here." She said as she let him into the house. Ava came into the entry way to see her father standing there. A look of relief washed over his face/ " Thank God. You scared me to death Ava Lee. "

She doubted that very seriously. She was still angry at him and her mother. " What the hell do you want? "

 

End Notes:

As always , feedback is appreciated. Enjoy.

Chapter 8 by Alyssa Rae
Author's Notes:

Miss Britney makes an appearance.

  Spiraling was not the word for the emotional state that she was in right now. The emotional roller coaster she had been on since Justin's phone call a few hours earlier was like no other she had ever experienced. Having a less than great relationship with her boys, and a nonexistent relationship with the daughter she had given up all those years ago. She could not even comprehend the fact that her baby girl wanted to meet her. The one she still dreamed about regularly. It simply could not be real. 

 

She shook her head, and tried earnestly to clear her mind. No matter how it turned out, it would be a dream come true for her. Picking up her phone off the bathroom counter, she scrolled through the numbers until she hit Jayden. That was her youngest. And the most likely to talk to her.  Pushing the number, and taking a deep breath she waited. The phone rang once, twice , three times and then went to voice mail.

" Jayden James, It's mom. Please call me back. I really need to speak to you and Preston. Please. This is serious." Sighing as she hung up the phone, putting it back down on the counter where it had been. Who knew if either one of her boys would call her back? She busied herself with packing a small carry-on bag for the flight she had booked after her call with Justin that morning.

For a moment  she thought she was hearing things, when her phone jingled on the counter.

Dare she think that either one of her kids would call her back in such a timely fashion?Dropping the bag on the floor in the bathroom, and picked up the phone .There she saw Jayden's number there on the screen.  She always knew that she could count on her baby to call her back. 

" Hello?" She said as brightly as she could muster. 

" Mama? Are you OK?" Jayden's deep voice boomed on the other side of the line. 

" I'm fine. It's good to hear your voice , Jay." She said, speaking honestly . She had not seen , nor spoken to her baby in a little over a year. 

" Did you need something Mama?" He asked , she could hear the curiosity in his voice. If he only knew what she needed to tell him and his brother. 

" Do you think that you and your brother can come out to the house?" She asked, feeling like he was going to come up with some excuse to not come to the house. 

"I'll talk to Preston about it. When?" Jayden replied, srprising her. 

" Today. As soon as possible. I have something that I need to tell you and your brother. And it is something that I will not discuss over the phone." She paused, " Jayden, there is something else."

"What?"

" Do not tell your Dad or Victoria where you are going. I promise it won't take long. "

" Mom. If this is another one of your lies....." Jayden left the end of the sentence open.

" It's not a lie, Jayden . Please, Just talk to Preston and let me know one way or the other. I'll be waiting for your call." She pleaded with her child.  With that said, she ended the call. Knowing that this wait was going to be dreadful.

 

*******

 About an hour later, Jayden had called her back and said that he and his brother were on their way. She tried not to let herself get too excited about seeing them. It could and more than likely, go south on her very soon. Especially when I tell them what I have to tell them. 

 

There was a knock on the front door. She took a moment to collect herself before answering the door. 

 

Preston was the first to enter the house, followed by his little brother Jayden. Only they weren't so little anymore. Grown men stood before her. Looking more like their father everyday. Preston stepped forward and smiled at his mother. She had not looked this good the last time he had seen her. He hugged her and she returned the hug. 

" Hey Mama."

She pulled back from his embrace, and looked him up and down, like the mother that she was. 

" Hey there yourself , Pres. How are you?"

" I'm good."

She then went to her baby boy. Who now towered over her and his brother. At a gangly 6" 2 inches tall, Jayden was the spitting image of his dad. Thank God he did not act like him. 

" Mama, you look good."

" Thank you, Jay." She said, as she led them into the large living area. Where they all took a seat on the giant white couches that surrounded the room. 

" What did you want to tell us?" Preston asked, not one to beat around the bush. 

Britney squared her shoulders and sat up straight. It was now or never.  " I wanted to tell you something about the time I was with Justin."

 

Jayden looked almost offended.  He had a real disdain for his mother's former boyfriend. Especially since he had read her book. That damn book, the book she wished that she had never been talked into writing. 

" That asshole made you get an abortion. Not that it wasn't your choice to do it. But, he is still an asshole for even saying that you needed to get one." Jayden raged, Preston crossing his arms across his chest watching his brother fume. 

" No I didn't." Britney said quietly, Looking sown at the shiny tile floor. Then up at the ceiling. 

That statement stopped Jayden cold, he fell silent. Preston scooted up to the end of the couch.

" Mama, what are you saying?"

" I did not get an abortion." She admitted . And God if it didn't feel good to say it out loud. The fact that her baby girl was a living , breathing being.

" What do you mean if you didn't get the abortion. Then where is the kid?" Preston asked, floored by his mother's statement.

" In Tennessee."  Shit....This was not going the way I wanted it to. She thought to herself.

" You gave it up for adoption?" Jayden finally spoke.

" Not exactly." She replied, now feeling uncomfortable . Preparing herself for the onslaught of questions she knew were coming.

" Not exactly what?" Preston pressed his mother for more information than she had given so far. 

" Your big sister, Ava Lea. Was born on August 18,2001. She was born at around 5:30 in the morning. The labor was long and hard. But then , all of a sudden there she was . This tiny little thing. Barley weighed in at 6 lbs. Justin was there. We held her for a while so I could say goodbye to her. Then her parents came and got her."

Britney got up off the couch and walked to the back of the living room where the floor to ceiling windows were.There she stood , crossing her arms over her chest for comfort. 

"Some of Justin's family, ones who could not have a child of their own. Agreed to raise your sister as their own."

" Why?" Jayden asked.

" Because we both agreed that we were too young to be parents. And We wanted her raised in a place where all she would know was love. And I knew that no one on my side of the family fit that bill. So, when Eliza and James came forward, we Jumped at the chance. We wanted to keep Your grandparents as far away from her as possible. It was literally the hardest thing I ever had to do, Jayden."

" So what dose this have to do with us?" Preston asked his mother.

" She wants to meet me, and you two. Justin called me this morning.  She had gotten angry and taken off. She was headed to your Grandma Lynne's house in Kentwood. Nothing good will come of that."

" You and Justin gave up your daughter to keep her away from your parents?"

" Yes. We did it together. We did what we thought was right for your sister. Neither one of us had any business raising a kid at that time in our lives. I wanted her to have a normal life. Something that neither one of us had. "

An awkward silence fell over the three in the room. It stayed that way for a while. Until jayden broke the silence. 

 

" I want to meet my sister. " He said simply, and it made her heart sing. 

" Me too Baby, me too." She said, as the tears that had been held back for years finally hit her. 

 Preston stood to his feet, and went to comfort his mother. 

" She's in Kentwood?"

" That's what Justin said. She was headed to Kentwood. He said he would get back to me when he found her. "

'So, she knows her Dad?"

" Yes."

" How the hell is that fair?" Preston asked, the anger was evident in his voice. 

" It's not. But, then again, Preston. None of this was fair. We did what we had to do at the time. And now are having to reap what we sew.  She was in the best possible environment with two people who loved her and care about her. That is all I really cared about."

 

" But, he got to see her grow up. And you didn't"

" I chose to stay away. So, she could have a normal life. You know as well as I do. That having me and Justin for parents. She would have never had a normal life. He watched from a distance, just like me.  We chose this together. And I think that it was the best decision that I ever made, No matter how much it hurt."

" Grandpa made your life a living hell. I don't blame you for what you did." Preston said, out of the blue. 

" Yes, for a time he did. " She reflected, not wanting to drag the boys down any further than she already had. 

" Then you need to meet her, Mama. You need to meet Ava." 

" So, I have your support in this? Because you two know that would mean the world to me. That you two and your sister are what keep me going."She whispered into her son's chest. Preston ran his hand up and down her back trying his best to comfort her. 

 

" Yes Mama, we support you. Right Pres?"

" Yes. Go and bring our sister home. "

" That will be for Ava to decide. I just want get a chance to know her, or at the very least say I got to meet her. " 

" Well, I hope that she makes the right choice."

" I think that she will."

 

 

End Notes:

The plot thickens. As always , Feedback is great ! Enjoy.

Chapter 10 by Alyssa Rae
Author's Notes:

And Ava Meets het mom.

Too late...My grandfather had taken it to the next level. When Justin opened the door to escort me to his truck. We were met with shouting people and cameras in our faces. 

 

Flashes stung my eyes, Justin Put his hand over my face as much as he could. 

 

"Justin!! Is this the abortion?" 

". Did you really force Britney to lie about having an abortion and make her give your baby to your family?"

 

" The lie of all Lies."

 

All of these statements bounced around in my head, as Justin Loaded me into the back of his truck and drove off. Was this what he meant when he said that I was opening Pandora's box?All I wanted to do was meet the woman that had given birth to me, and my other family. I had no idea, until that moment, that he had opened Lynne's door what that would entail.

Tears streaked my face , curling into a ball on his back seat. My body wracked with sobs. I could see him looking from the review mirror.

" Ava, are you OK?"

" I don't know. " I replied honestly. Not really knowing how I felt about all that I had Just experienced. 

Justin kept driving. He could see that the same black car.A late model Cadillac. had been following them since they had left Lynne's place. He knew he needed to stop somewhere along the way. But, he had to shake these people first. 

" Dad?" he heard form the backseat, making him take notice of his daughter.

" Yeah," he swallowed hard, ready for whatever she had to throw at him.

" Are you sure that I wasn't a mistake?" I whispered , not looking at him. Closing my eyes and trying to get a handle on everything that had just happened to me.

Justin froze, Taking a moment to collect his thoughts. Then taking a deep breath.

" No, Ava Lea. You were not a mistake. Your mom and I loved each other very much at one time. Neither one of us were ready to be a parent and give you what you deserved. We were too young, and career driven. We did what we thought would be the best for you. And part of that was to keep you away from your mom's family. You just found out why. "

" My Grandfather."

" Jamie is a real piece of shit. As bad as Lynne can be, No one tops him in tha department."

" I never even met him."

" You are't missing much. He called the press, and is more than likely gonna have a press conference. All about how we kept you away from your rightful family .This shit is about to get real. I need to know that you trust me, Ava."

I laid there for a minute, I did. I trusted him. " I do."

" Then I need for you to follow my lead." He said, as he continued to watch me from the rear view mirror. His blue eyes were full of concern. He switched lanes, and the car behind him switched lanes as well. Scrolling his numbers on the phone, When he found the one he wanted he punched the number and waited.  After the third ring, A deep voice filed the truck.

" Yes sir. What's up?" The voice asked.

" Are you still behind me?"

" Yes. I can see you, and the black Cady that is following you." 

" Can you do something about that ?" Justin asked.  I sat up and looked out the back window of the truck. Sure enough, a black car was right there. Almost on his bumper. 

" Sure thing. Just get off at the next exit. I'll take care of the rest. "

" Thanks, John. You're a life saver. "Justin said, hanging up the call. Looking for the next sign that said anything about the next town. Vicksburg. 

As soon as the first exit for Vicksburg came up, Justin took it, and so did the black car.Casting a glance over his shoulder at his daughter. " Ava, I need you to stay down and hold on." 

By the sound of his voice , I knew. He was serious. I lay down in the back seat and held onto the door handle for dear life. I felt the speed of the truck increase, the tires peeling out from under it. Then the truck made a sharp left turn.Blazing through a gas station parking lot and back up onto the on ramp of the highway. Effectively losing. The black car, all for the man named John to take care of. 

Adrenaline ran through his veins, as he tried to slow down . Looking one more time in the mirror above him, to see id the black car was still there. Relieved to find it no longer there, he drove onto their destination. Jackson, Mississippi.

The hum of the road, and and my utter exhaustion had lulled me to sleep there in the backseat of my dad's truck. The truck came to a stop sometime later. The opening of the driver's side door shook me wake. Then I heard voices. My dad. And a female voice. Oddly familiar. I sat up in the seat.  Opening the door of the truck , to see that they had stopped in the parking lot of an Econo Lodge.  Standing to Justin's right, was the shock of her life thus far. It was her mother, Britney.

Slowly, I got out of the truck, standing on shaky legs.  Our eyes met, blue for blue. She looked me up and down and smiled . Unable to speak, I sucked in a ragged breath. 

" Ava? Are you ok?" I heard Justin ask me. As the color started to fade in my cheeks. 

" M...Mama?"came from my lips.  Britney stood there, tears silently streaming down her cheeks.She stepped forward, closing the 24 year gap between us and pulled me into her embrace. 

End Notes:

As always.....Feed back appreciated. 

Chapter 9 by Alyssa Rae
Author's Notes:

 Getting there, She's on the plane!

 

 

 " I'm glad you're ok." Justin said, seeing how peeved his daughter still was with him.She hung back behind Lynne. 

 

  " What the hell do you care?" She spat. He deserved that.He deserved all her anger. They both did. What he could not figure out, for the life of him, was why she thought she should start with Lynne and these people. This was really taking him back to his time with Britney. When she would would make rash , and often dumb decisions. Which was totally unlike Ava.

 

 " Ava Lea. I love you. You need to come with me, Please. " he said, not caring what her grandmother and uncle said or did. 

  Lynne stood there, taken aback. She had finally gotten her grand baby back, and she was not going down without a fight. Something that she never did for her own daughter. 

" What makes you think that she wants to go anywhere with you, Justin?" Lynne stated, Looking from her granddaughter to her father and then back at Ava. Unable to gauge the emotional connection between the two.

" Lynne, if you'll excuse me. This is between me and my daughter. " Justin replied, trying to contain the anger that had been bubbling under the surface for years. He was failing. He had not seen , nor been around these people for the better part of 20 years and could still not stand the sight of them.

" That is up to her now, Isn't it?" Lynne replied, backing away from the door. Ava stepped closer to the door and Justin." What do you want from me Justin?"

 

" I want you to come home, Ava Lea. Or at least call your mom and let her know that you are ok.She is worried sick about you."

" Maybe I am where I want to be.Did you ever think of that?" She responded, Her anger now seething through her. She couldn't help it. It was strange being this angry at her Dad. But , Dammit she was.

 " I think that you're angry , and rightly so." What you didn't know about this whole situation has hurt you way more than I realized. I'm sorry."

I noted the look of remorse in Justin's features. This had obviously screwed with his head as much as it had mine. Maybe I need to lay off the anger that churns in me, but I just can't seem to let it go.

Just as I was about to say something to my father, his phone started ringing. He pulled it out of his pocket, and a look of relief came over his face. He answerd and spoke to the person on the other end briefly. He held out the phone in my direction and said," It's your mother. She wants to talk to you."

 I rolled my eyes," I don't want to talk to her right now." The nerve  he had, trying to use Eliza to get me to come home. It made my blood boil. Boy was I wrong. 

" No Ava. It's Britney. She wants to talk to you."he sighed. He extended his hand with the phone in it again.

I stood there staring at the phone in his outstretched hand. My hand beginning to shake as I took the phone from his grasp. There was a whole new torrent of emotions that caught me off guard. Putting the phone to my ear, " H...Hello?"

" Ava?" I heard my mother say to me for the first time in my life. The phone slipped out of my hand and I sank to my knees on the floor .

I could hear her saying my name , I picked the phone up and put it back to my ear. My hands still shaking and said," Yes."

" Ava Lea, are you ok?"

" I think so." I said , shaking my head in affirmation. Though that was the farthest thing from the truth at the moment. 

" Ava, I need you to listen to me. Don't talk." Britney said into the phone. I smiled at them all and shook my head. " Just listen. You need to get out of that house Now. Please go with Justin. I will explain to you why when I see you. Please baby, Just do this for me. If you never so anything else please go with your Dad." She plead, And it felt like I needed to listen to her. If only this one time. 

" OK, Mama." I said quietly into the phone. 

" Thank you Ava. " She said, " Can I speak to Justin now?" 

" Yeah." I said absently, and handed the phone back to my Dad. He shook his head, and said, " OK." Then hung up the call. Turning his attention back to me. " Ava, are you ok?"

His blue eyes were full of concern for me, and he offered his hand to pull me to a stand. Which i accepted. He pulled me into his embrace, and I gladly fell into his arms. 

" I think my daughter and I need to go now."

" You are not taking my granddaughter anywhere aginst her will." Lynne stated coldly. 

" It's not aginst my will. I want to go with my Dad. I'll see you again before I leave town."

" Likely story," Bryan quipped." " Do yourself a favor and stay gone. "

Lynne whirled around , looking at her son like he had grown another head. 

 " You know I'm right , Mother. Especially if Dad gets here before you leave. Run Ava Lea. Get the hell out of here and take him with you." Bryan repeated , " before things get a whole lot worse for you."

I felt like my Uncle had just slapped me in the face. His words stung. I had no idea he was trying to help me.At least not then. Turning to Justin, he had the same knowing look on his face as Bryan did. " I think that Bryan is right. Let's get the hell out of here, before shit hits the fan. "

Little did they all know it was too late for that. 

This story archived at http://nsync-fiction.com/archive/viewstory.php?sid=3140