Broken Flowers by god gave me style
Summary: Sequel to Lips of Pink

Leaving was hard though, leaving Justin was hard. Oh god, I hate thinking about him sometimes, sometimes it hurts more than others. I can only imagine the hate that he feels for me and everything that I put him though. I mean jesus, he watched me kill a man. He saw the last breath of a man, why did I expect him to act any other way then he did? Our last days together are still haunting ones but I doubt that he even thinks about me or our relationship anymore.
Categories: In Progress Het Stories Characters: Justin Timberlake
Awards: None
Genres: Alternate Universe, Drama, Humor, Romance
Challenges: None
Series: Why Don't We Fall In Love
Chapters: 16 Completed: No Word count: 29535 Read: 39972 Published: Aug 11, 2007 Updated: Dec 07, 2008

1. Prologue by god gave me style

2. One by god gave me style

3. Two by god gave me style

4. Three by god gave me style

5. Four by god gave me style

6. five by god gave me style

7. Six by god gave me style

8. Seven by god gave me style

9. Eight by god gave me style

10. Nine by god gave me style

11. Ten by god gave me style

12. Eleven by god gave me style

13. Twelve by god gave me style

14. thirteen by god gave me style

15. fourteen by god gave me style

16. fifteen by god gave me style

Prologue by god gave me style
Author's Notes:
Here it is, finally right? LOL. I hope you enjoy!
Broken Flowers: Prologue

Ashlynn

Don't think of this as a sob story. No, i haven't started using drugs, no, I haven't become an alcoholic. Nothing like that so if that's what you were expecting, sorry. It's been a while though huh? Almost eight months since I left Los Angeles. Almost eight months since I left Justin, and a little over eight months since I killed Tony. So I'm guessing that you wanna hear what I've been up to all this time. Frankly, not much. I moved to Long Beach not long after I left L.A. and um... I got a dog, her name is Emma. But other than that, I haven't really done anything. I should be thinking about getting a job or atleast call back my old firm since they want me to come back. But I'm kind of having a good time right now, not like, have a party good time but I like just being with myself. I've never really been alone with myself.

I have thought about my life though and everything that's happened over these last two years or so. What I thought about was not pretty, let me tell you that. I was so confused and broken back then, I could barely stand on my own to feet without someone there with an arm around me. That's not how I wanted my life to be and that's why I had to get out of there. Tony's re-appearance in my life solidified my low self-worth and then... when I, you know, that just fucked me all up. If I hadn't of left when I did, I would have went crazy or I would have killed myself. And neither of those options are great ones.

Leaving was hard though, leaving Justin was hard. Oh god, I hate thinking about him sometimes, sometimes it hurts more than others. I can only imagine the hate that he feels for me and everything that I put him though. I mean jesus, he watched me kill a man. He saw the last breath of a man, why did I expect him to act any other way then he did? Our last days together are still haunting ones but I doubt that he even thinks about me or our relationship anymore. He's probably got some pretty little young thing strapped on his hip now. If he does, good for him, I'd be happy for him if he found someone who could give him everything that he wants and deserves. That doesn't mean that I don't miss him sometimes, and that doesn't mean that I don't love him anymore. But I know that it's over and he deserves a fresh start.

So where does that leave me, you ask? Alone, well with Emma anyway. I talk to Olivia pretty much everyday but she keeps asking me to come back and I just can't do that right now. She drives up here like every other weekend, it feels good having her with me though. I guess it feels even better that she doesn't hate me for leaving her a note and leaving. She understands that I had to get away and I'll always love her for that. She still kinda talks to Trace on occaison but she says that he's really short with her and that he doesn't always have the nicest things to say about me. I understand that though, he's Justin's best friend and you know how that goes. Olivia tells me that I need to try and move on and meet some new guys and get out there. And i've tried a few times but the guy has always ended up being an idiot. And, of course, I've compared them to Justin so it just didn't work out. Dating really sucks nowadays.

That was really heavy, I know. But besides all of that negative stuff, I'm feeling pretty good about me right now. I don't have any baggage anymore partly due to my therapist but I've come to realize that I don't need someone else to validate me. I don't have to care about what people say to me, about me or what they think. I'm just doing me and that's okay. So I no longer have Tony's voice in the back of my mind telling me that I'm no good. I'm no longer afraid to stand up for myself. It's kind of like a new me, and I like the new me. Jackie, that's my therapist, says that in order for me to get on with life, I have to say goodbye to the old one so that's why I'm outside right now. Oh damn, I forgot to tell you what I'm doing, typical me.

Okay so, I'm at the beach right now, with five roses and Emma at my side. I was instructed by Jackie to say goodbye to who/whatever and then throw the rose into the water so, I've finally gotten around to doing this. A gust of wind comes from the east and chills my skin but i've gotta do this. Emma jumps around and bounces around at my feet and I pat her on the head a few times.

"Okay Em, so this first flower is for my old self. I say goodbye to that old, sheltered, broken girl." I pick the first rose from the bunch and throw it out into the choppy, wavy water.

"This sencond flower is for my old life. Goodbye old life." Again, I throw out another rose.

"This third rose is for Anthony Williams. Goodbye to my monster forever." Another rose lands into the rough water.

"The fourth rose goes out to all of my old memories. No longer will these memories plague my thoughts and feelings. Goodbye."

I pause when I'm left with the last rose. I bring it up to my face and smell it, a slight smile tugs at the corners of my mouth when the sent hits my senses. I look down at Emma again and that little smile fades. I look back out at the water and the falling sun and say goodbye to the final rose.

"This fifth rose is for Justin Timberlake. I say goodbye to you so you and I can be free. I'll love you forever and always but I'll love you from afar. Goodbye Justin."

I throw the final rose into the water and watch them as they are carried out into the sea. As they vanish from my site, I start my way back up the beach and to my home. Just as I slide the patio doors shut, the phone starts to ring, filling the once quiet house. I jog over to the kitchen and grab the cordless phone off of it's cradle.

"Hello?"

"Hey girly."

"Oh hey Liv, how's it going?"

"Not bad. Is something wrong? You sound a little down."

"I just did my final exercise."

"Oh, the rose one?" She asks.

"Yeah. It felt good though, I feel like I'm clensed now."

"Hmm, that's good to hear Ash. I'm glad your finally back on track."

I smile at her kind words, "Thank you Livie. So, are you still coming to see me tomorrow?"

"I'll be there around six. And you know what, it'll be Friday night, me and you are going out so pick out an outfit girl."

She does this to me everytime and I keep telling her that I'm not ready to date. Do you think she cares, no, not a bit. But you gotta love her, she won't allow me to sit and wallow. Okay, so what do you think for tomorrow. Should I go with capris and heels or a dress with flats?

-----------***-----------

Justin

How's it going? It's been a while huh? Ha. How have I been? Ah, you know, I've been okay, just taking it day by day. I moved a little while ago to a great new place on the beach, I really like it here and so does Marty. Um, Trace and I opened yet another car shop and the business is really booming nowadays, I couldn't ask for anything more. I'm single still but I'm trying to change that. What am I talking about, no I'm not. I haven't been able to even look at women the same way since... Ashlynn left. I'm just not really interested anymore; I don't want anybody but her.

Trace tells me that I need to snap out of it and quit thinking about her but can't just forget about her like that. I love her; we shared a life together, I just can't stop thinking about that. I try to understand her reasoning for leaving and I know that she needed to get her life together. God knows that I didn't make it any easier. I worry about her though; I can't help but think that something has happened to her or that she needs me in some way. I haven't heard from her now in um, like eight months and the days just drag on. If I could just talk to her again and let her know how sorry I am for my behavior during that last few weeks of our relationship and that I love every fiber of her body, I think I'd feel better. Even if we didn't get back together, I'd know that she didn't hate me and that's okay. Her happiness means more to me than anything, and if she's happier without me, then I'd have to deal with that.

But the feeling that I might see her again never goes away. When I go out, I find myself looking around and surveying people hoping to catch a glimpse of her. I listen intently to people's conversations, praying that maybe they know her and that they'll drop her name or her address or phone number or something. I've even thought about hiring somebody to track her down but that's kinda creepy, I wouldn't want to scare her anymore than she already is of me. But I never give up hope, I do believe that I will see her again. I still have her letter, I keep it in my wallet so I don't loose it. I feel close to her when I read it even though it's filled with heart ache and pain. I've got pictures of her and us all over my bedroom and in the bathroom so I never forget the good times. I like seeing her happy, makes me feel good that I made her happy for a little while.

Ha ha, I'm kinda pathetic, I know but this is what happens when you fall in love. Whoever said that love shouldn't hurt was lying and deserves to be shot. It does hurt and it should, love isn't love without hurt and pain. You know, I wonder if she thinks about me like I think about her. I wonder if she still cares even a little bit but I guess that's wishful thinking. She's most likely moved on by now and is with some other dude. She's so gorgeous, I guess I’m stupid for thinking that somebody hasn't snatched her up by now but I don't allow myself to think that deeply into it. Like I said earlier, I still carry that little hope around with me.

I look out the window and sigh a little bit as Marty runs in from the patio and nudges my hand with his head. He's gotten so damn big in the last couple months, he's starting to eat me out of house and home. He's my boy though, without him I would've thrown in the towel a long time ago, believe me. It smells like rain, I hate the damn rain. It's so friggen' depressing and I've already had my daily share of shitty-ness. I get up from the couch and shut the French doors that lead out to the patio and lock them. As soon as I do that the rain begins to fall and another deep sigh comes from my lips. I kinda feel like God hates me and is personally out to get me. He always make it rain on my shitty days. The ringing of my phone startles me and scold myself inwardly for being such a girl sometimes. I pick the phone up from it's holding place and answer it.

"Justin? Hey it's me Kim."

Her soft voice floats into my ears and I look into the corner of my living room, "Hey Kim, how's it going girl?"

"It's going okay. I was wondering if you were busy tonight? I'm all be myself and I was thinking that we could go see a movie or something."

Please don't look at me like that, I'll explain as soon I'm done with her, "I dunno. I'm kinda tired, I wouldn't be much fun tonight."

"Oh please? I feel like I haven't seen you in forever and I just need to let off some steam from work. Plus, I saw Trace today and he said that you've been working a lot too. Come on, it'll be fun. I'll cook dinner for you and we'll just stay in."

"I don't know-"

"Please Justin?"

The southern twang in her voice starts to take it's toll on me, "Okay, you can come over but you'd probably have more fun by yourself cuz I'm tired as hell."

"Oh hush up. Okay, I have to stop by the store and get stuff for dinner. I'll be there in like an hour."

"Okay, see you then." I say.

"Bu-bye."

Look, she came into the shop a like a month ago and Trace set us up and blah blah blah. No matter what excuse I come up with, she continues to push me until I say yes, she just won't give up. But sometimes her company is nice, she's really easy to talk to. I haven't told her a thing about Ashlynn or anything but I think that's why I can talk to her so easily. Because she doesn't know where all of this emotional shit comes from and I can kind of put up a front and have her not ask me a million question like Trace does. Don't get any ideas though, this is strictly a platonic relationship, you can tell that I am just not ready for something like that right now. Damn, now I gotta get in the shower and shave and put on some clothes that are descent. What do you think, a polo and khakis or a button-down with jeans? Fuck it, whatever my hand touches first is what I'm going with.

One by god gave me style
One

Ashlynn

"Why don't you put on the high heels with the capris?" Olivia asks ask she pulls up her pants in my bedroom.

"I was going to but I like these a lot better." I say, eyeing myself in the mirror.

"Whatever," She huffs, walking into the bathroom and standing next to me, "I ran into Trace the other day."

"Really? What did he have to say?"

"Not much as usual, Elisha did all of the talking."

"So what did she have to say then?"

"Her and Trace pushed back the wedding date again, the puppy that they bought with you guys is doing great and that Trace still blames you for Justin's meloncholy attitude."

"Of course he does. You know, I really thought that he of all people would understand why I did this. But, whatever you know? I can't let him ruin my new self-esteem."

"Justin is his best friend, you know how that goes. I just told Elisha that you were doing great and that you had to do whatever was necessary to get back to the old you. She seemed to understand."

I sigh, "She was always a great person to talk to, I wonder what the hell she see's is Trace's grungy ass?"

Olivia giggles, "I don't know either. Okay, are we ready?"

"Ready as I'll ever be."

We finished primping ourselves and then head out to this little bar that sits right on the beach. The spot is already full of people as we park her truck. We start making our way to the entrance as some drunk patrons begin calling out to us. As much as women say we don't like that, we do, well, I do anyway. We find to seats at the bar and put in our orders, checking out the prime suspects for our next victims.

"Ooh, look at that guy in the jeans, he's cute ass shit girl." Olivia says.

I scoff, "Are we looking at the same guy cuz I'm not seeing cute at all."

"Oh come on. Okay, how about... oh, that guy in khaki's standing over in the corner?"

I look over to where she's mentioned and roll my eyes, "Ah... no."

She give's me that menacing looking she is famous for giving, "Why are you being so damn picky?"

"I'm a picky woman."

She scoffs at my remark, "Since when?" If she was standing up, she would have her hand on her hip and her neck would be rolling back and forth. I know her entirely to well.

"Since I've reformed myself. I'm not just going to settle with some deadbeat anymore, I am going to set standards."

"You mean, your going to set impossible standards."

I take a sip of my martini, "Not true. They are perfectly attainable."

"Only Justin can attain those standards."

Her comment catches me off guard, damn, that kinda came out of nowhere didn't it? "What do you mean?"

"You know what I mean." She stares at me.

I let out a sigh, I was really hoping that this night didn't end up like this. I knew she would start some shit with me, I just fucking knew it, "I'm going to take a walk."

I get up and walk out before she can get in another word and start walking down the street. I hear heavy footsteps behind me and then her hand on my shoulder, "Slow down." She says.

"Speed up."

If you know me, which you should be now, you know I'm pissed. I'm supossed to be getting over all of that stuff you know? If I want to move on with my life, I can't keep thinking about Justin and letting him and our past relationship get in the way. Ugh.

"You know I'm right Ash."

"Yes I do."

"Then why do you do it if you don't love him anymore?" I shrug my shoulders.

"Do you still love him?" She asks.

I stop dead in my tracks and look at her, "No."

She stares right back at me, "You're lying."

"Then why did you ask me that?"

"Becasue Ashlynn, I want you to be happy. I know you want to move on and get a new life but you can't do that if you keep holding on to him. You have to make up your mind, I mean, babe, you are half way there. Why not just go the distance?"

I shake my head slowly, "I can't let him go again. I feel like he's the only guy that has ever truley loved me. I can't just let that go." I say quietly.

"You did the rose thing didn't you?" She asks.

"Yes but what the hell does that mean? Nothing, that dumb exercise doesn't mean shit about anything. Maybe i'm not ready for all of this-"

She holds up her hand, "Don't start that old shit, Ashlynn. You know you are ready for a new life, you deserve it. You have to let all of that go, including Justin. You have to."

I start walking slowly with her right by my side, "I know I do. I really do, and I will."

She throws her arm around me shoulder, "Good attitude. Now we just gotta get you a man so you can forget about Mr. Justin Timberlake."

"Who am I going to find in Long Beach? There is nothing but surfers and drunks in this town." I laugh.

"Well shit, there's gotta be somebody that's descent here. I'll find one for you. I swear, once I'm done with this city, you won't think twice about Timberlake."

"Who?"

-----------***-----------

Justin

"So, I hear you had a date with Kim last night?"

I groan at the sound of his voice and shut my eyes, "No thanks to you asshole."

He grabs the chair in front of my desk and plops down into it, "What is your deal? Kim is cute as hell, she cooks for you, hangs on your every word, she's that ideal girl."

"She's not my ideal girl Trace. I don't want a girl who hangs on to my every word." I continue working on the budget, not making eye contact.

"You better hit that shit before someone else does man. She's cute as fuck."

"Yeah, you keep saying that." I sigh.

"You can't keep-"

"I can't keep what Trace? I can't keep thinking about Ashlynn? I can't keep wishing and hoping that she'll just walk back into my life? Last time I checked, you weren't my mother. I can do and think and wish and hope about anything I want to. Kim is not going to change that."

It gets quiet between us for a while and then he sighs quietly, "I know that but I hate seeing you like this man. I mean, look at what she did to you man. She left you a fucking note and just left you high and dry and hasn't looked back since."

"She had a lot on her mind."

"And you make excuses for her! She doesn't deserve your attention like this, she's probably fucking some other dude right now without a second thought for you."

I throw my pen down and slam my fist on the desk, "Don't talk about her like that." I say lowly, staring at him with fire in my eyes.

He rolls his eyes and looks off into the corner, "You can be made at me all you want but that's not going to change the fact that she's not coming back. She's a fucking cunt Justin and you know it."

"I am sick and fucking tired of you coming down on her all the time. She had a hard life man, she killed a man for me! She killed him so he wouldn't kill me! You just don't understand-"

I cut my sentence off when Kim appears around the corner with a bright smile on her face. When she sences the tense atmosphere, the smile drops from her face and she takes a step back out of the room, "Am I interrupting you guys? I can come back." Her southern drawl is filled with concern.

"No, we were just talking. I was just about to leave Kim." Trace says, not taking his eyes off of me as he walks out of the room.

Kim watches him leave and then turns back to me, "Are you okay? You look angry."

I sigh, "I'm fine."

"Are you sure, you look-"

"Kim, I'm fine okay? Just leave it alone." It comes out a little more forceful than I wanted it to be but it get's the point across.

She looks down at her folded hands, "Okay, i'll just umm.. I'll give you a call later. I'm sorry I bothered you Justin."

She starts to walk away but something inside of me stops her, "Wait a minute." She keeps walking, causing me a jog a bit to catch up with her. I grab her arm and twist her around to face me. Tears shine in her bright blue eyes and regret fills my body, "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to yell at you like that. I'm just stressed out girl, I'm sorry. Don't cry."

I pull her into my chest and rub her back as she composes herself. A few minutes, she looks up at me and smiles, pulling away from me, "I just wanted to come by and say that I had a good time with you last night. I really enjoy spending time with you Justin."

I usually wouldn't lie but I don't to hurt her feelings, "I had a great time too. Thanks for cooking for me."

A smile comes over her face and she puts her head down, "It's no problem, I'll cook for you whenever you want me too."

Before I can even stop myself, the words are flying out of my mouth, "How about tomorrow night then? I'll take you out to dinner, to make it even." I regret them as soon as my mouth stops moving.

"Okay." She says smiling once again, "Pick me up at eight?"

"Sure thing." I say nodding me head.

"Okay then, see you tomorrow."

I raise my hand to wave as she walks back over to her car, "See you then."

Within minutes, she pulls out of the garage and I walk back into my office, slamming the door shut. I sit back in my chair and hold my head in my hands, what am I getting myself into? I can barely get through the day as it is, and now I'm trying to add another woman into the mix. Oh god, if you can hear me, please just kill me now. I can already feel trouble brewing, just take me out of my mysery now before it's too late.

Two by god gave me style
Author's Notes:
Here's chapter two, hope you enjoy!
Two

Ashlynn

I should have never quit my job because looking for a new one really sucks. I forgot how much I hate this process. I've spent a small fortune these last few days getting my resume printed off, having my portforlio duplicated, overnight shipping blah, blah, blah. But, in all of my hard work, I have lined up two different interviews from 2 very prominant advertising firms here in Long Beach. I'm really excited for the first one, I would be Creative Director of the Art Department for Creative Inc. You know, the people behind the Jack in the Box concept and the Cadillac commercials. Yeah, they're pretty big time.

I'm supposed to be recieving a package from Creative today, in fact. You know, all the pre-interview paperwork stuff. Damn, yet another afternoon wasted on stupidness. The phone starts to ring, so I reach over the table and yank it from it's place.

"Hello?"

"Ashlynn, this is Jack Roberts from Creative."

"Oh hi Jack, how's it going?"

"It's going well and you?"

"I can't complain. You need to speak to be about something?"

"Have you recieved the packet yet?"

I glace at the front door, "Nope, not yet."

"Well, it should be there before the day is through. I just wanted to let you know that we've been talking about you for a while. I pretty much think you've got the job."

I smile, "Well thank you so much. It's a pleasure to be working for such a great company."

He chuckles over the phone, "The pleasure is ours Miss Summers. You'll probably recieve a call from us next week with the official word. Take your time on the paperwork, we probably won't even look at it, it's just protocal."

"I got ya. Well, thank you again."

"No, thank you. Congratulations Miss Summers."

"Thank you Jack. Talk to you later."

"Bye now."

As soon as the phone clicks, I do a little jig around the kitchen. Emma looks up at me from her place on the floor, "I got a job Emma. Now you don't have to stare at me all day long."

The dog looks at me for a second more and then returns her attention to whatever she was looking at before. I pick up the phone to give Olivia a ring when the doorbell sounds through the house. I dial her work number while making my way through the kitchen and to the front door.

"This is Olivia."

"Liv, I think I got that job."

"Really? That's great!"

"Hang on a sec, I gotta answer the door."

I swing open the door and am met by a very handsome, young, black man. Very handsome indeed, "Hi." I say.

"Hello, are you Miss Summers?"

"I am."

"I have a package for you. If you could just sign here for me."

He hands me the clip board and hands me a pen, smiling at me still. I smile back a little and sign my name, "There you go."

"Thank you. This is a beautiful house by the way."

"Oh thanks, Emma and I seem to like it."

"Emma?" He asks with a smile.

"My dog."

"Ah, well, I'll be on my way. Have a good day."

I raise my hand and wave as he winks at me and walks back to his truck. My eyes travel down his body and to that cute ass booty he's got as he climbs into his brown truck. I watch as he takes off down the road, leaning up against the door frame. I hear Olivia's loud voice over the phone and she snaps me back into reality.

"Why are you screaming at me?"

"Who the hell where you talking too? I heard that little sound in your voice bitch." She says.

"It was the delivery guy, he was giving me my package."

Olivia laughs on the other end, "More like giving you his package."

"Shut up! You're so nasty." I say walking back into the kitchen and plopping down at the kitchen table.

"Was he cute?"

I look out of the window and smile a little, "Kinda."

She laughs again, "How was his butt? Was it cute?"

This time, I laugh, "We know eachother entirly too well. Yes, he had a cute ass. You know what, I'll probably never see him again so why are we even talking about him?"

"Hey, there isn't anything wrong with talking about his cute ass. I gotta go girl, I got a ton of shit to do."

"Yeah, me too."

"I'll call you later to get the low down on the new job."

"Okay Liv. Talk to you later."

"Buh- bye."

I lay the phone down on the table and stare at the package. I rip it open and read over the cover page, damn I hate doing paperwork. It's the same stuff over and over and over again. I grab a pen off of the counter and start to fill in the blank page, filling it with my entire history. They better give me this damn job.

-----------***-----------

Justin

It's 7:54 and I'm sitting outside of Kim's apartment building. I really don't want to do this, but my big fucking mouth and southern gentleman-ness has gotten me in this damn situation. I mean, she's a nice girl, cute, funny, you know all that shit but I'm not interested. She's not... she's not Ashlynn and I'm just not ready for anything like this. Fuck, I need to stop thinking about her, maybe Trace is right. Maybe I just need to move on, force myself to stop comparing Kim to Ashlynn and just let this girl take care of me. She hangs on to my every word, and she's pure. She's never had a bad relationship, crazy ex-boyfriend or anything. She would probably be good for me.

I shut the car off at 7:58 and make my way into the complex and up the stairs. I knock on the door and force a smile when she opens the door, "Right on time." She says, laughing.

"You look great." I say.

"Well thank you, so do you Justin. Are you ready?"

I shake my head, and smile again as she takes my hand. A little while later, we are sitting in the middle of this fancy ass Italian place. I'm gonna be broke after this dinner, she just had to order the most expensive shit on the menu.

"Are you okay? You are so quiet." She says.

I shake my head, "Yeah, I'm alright."

"You know, Trace told me about her. I know that you're still hurt over all of that stuff."

My breath catches in my throat, "What?"

"That Ashlynn girl. Trace told me, what she did to you was terrible."

I close my eyes and shake my head, "What are you talking about?"

"You don't have to pretend, I know you're hurt okay? But Justin, that girl wasn't worth it, she treated you terribly and then just up and left you."

"You don't know what you're talking about so drop it." I say.

"Justin, she almost got you killed."

I slam my fist on the table and lean into her, "Don't. You hear me, you don't know shit about me or her."

She leans back in her chair, her eyes wide, "I'm sorry."

"You should be. Are you done?"

She shakes her head and I motion for the waitor. If I don't get out of here, I'm going to kill somebody. The drive back to her place is quiet, I feel her glance over at me a few times but I don't return the gesture. Once we are outside of her apartment, she puts her hand on my leg, "Justin?"

I just sigh in response, "Look at me Justin."

I look over at her, "I'm sorry, that wasn't my place to speak to you about that. But, I want you to know that I'm here if and when you want to talk to me. I know that you loved her very much but baby, I can take care of you. Much better than she ever could. I'm tired of playing little miss nice to get your attention. I want you and I'm not gonna let some bitch from your past ruin what we could have. I want you and that's not going to change."

She leans over the seat and lays a kiss on me, catching me off guard a little. Her lips are soft, her kiss even softer. She leans back, "You know where I live. I'll do anything for you baby, anything."

And with that, she gets out of the car and walks up to her building. Wow. I'm... speechless, I've never seen that side of her before. She usually really docile and quiet, and now she was... damn. I look down at myself, a little tent has formed in my pants.

"Why do you betray me like this? Why?" I speak to myself.

Because you haven't gotten me any ass since Ashlynn left, that's why, my mind answers. Oh man, a whole new set of problems to deal with. I drive home and fall into bed, rubbing my eyes with my hands. The tent in my pants was still there but I'm not going to do anything about. I'm just gonna get out of these clothes and go to sleep. I climb under the covers, turn off the lamp and close my eyes. The image of Kim's lowcut dress pops into my mind, just a little bit of cleavage poking through that soft material.

"Fuck." I whisper, turning over on my back.

She had a lot of leg showing too, soft, voluptuous, creamy skin- "Shut up!" I say, rolling over again.

The tent in my boxers is now fully arrect, just begging me to release the tention. I groan out loud, this is so damn pathetic. I'm not going to jack off, I'm not going to do it. But my hands defy my mind and start sliding down my thighs, grabbing Justin Jr. and stroking him slowly. My eyes close, my lips part as my slow breath escape my mouth. Usually visuals of Ashlynn entertain me but tonight, it's all about Kim. My hand quickens, moving itself up and down my shaft as Kim's cleavage haunts me. Within moments, my chest tightens and my breath becomes short as my release builds itself painfully slow. A few more quick and slow stroaks and Justin Jr. is happy. I relax against the sheets, and little the little bit of sweat that collected on my forehead. I get up and walk into the bathroom to wash my hands and clean myself up. Once i'm back in bed, sleep comes with no problem.

Three by god gave me style
Author's Notes:
I'm really stupid, I had the chapters in the wrong order so you actually read chapter 2 before chapter 1. Oops, lol, so to make up, here's chapter 3.
Three

Justin

Since last night's little debacle, I've felt really good. Not that kind of good, but you know, I don't feel all meloncholy and shit anymore. It's like a weight has been lifted off of me; I feel free again. Trace has also noticed my new demeanor and leans back in his chair, staring at me.

"What man?" I ask looking up from my computer.

"Nothing."

"What do you mean nothing? You've been staring at me all damn day."

"You look different, you look happy."

I shake my head and return my gaze back to my computer, "How was your date last night with Miss Kim?" He asks.

"It was okay. But she did tell me that you told her about Ashlynn."

He gets quiet as I glared over in his direction, "Come on man, I just-"

"No, it's okay."

He get's quiet again, "Umm, what?"

"I said it's okay. She needed to know if we're going to step this thing up."

That's right ladies and gents, I have decided that I'm going to give Kim a chance. Jacking off last night to someone other than Ashlynn has done a world of good for me and I realized that I shouldn't be obsessed with a relationship that is no more. It was a good relationship, yes, I loved her but she just wasn't all there. Ashlynn needed to get some help and we just weren't right for eachother. She's probably happy with some other guy now so why shouldn't I be happy as well? This relationship with Kim could be fun.

"What do you mean 'step this thing up'?"

I sigh, "I think I'm gonna make a move."

"On Kim?"

"No on your mom. Yes, on Kim."

Trace smiles and plants himself on the corner of my desk, "Fuck you man, leave my momma out of this. What's with the new frame of mind?"

"I've just been thinking you know? Ashlynn has been gone for a long ass time and she ain't coming back. Why should I dwell?"

Trace hits me on the back a few times, "Congrats man! I'm so fucking glad you are saying this shit. It's good to have you back."

"It's not like I was dead."

"Yes you were man. You should have seen yourself, that shit was depressing. But hey, let's not talk about that old asshole. Come on man, lets go get fucked up."

"Trace, it's 12:30 and we've got work to do."

"Afterwork then." He says.

"No."

He lets out a deep sigh, causing me to laugh at his goofy ass. I wonder why we've been friends for so damn long, "I've got plans." I say.

He smiles again, "Are you gonna hit that shit?"

I shake my head in disappointment but my smiles gives me away, "I knew it! I know you wanted to tap that ass since the first time you saw her. You wanted to be all shy about it and shit."

"We are not going to have sex, we're just going on a date Trace." The damn smile on my face keeps fucking up my argument.

"Okay man, whatever. Just tell me if she's a good fuck."

I scoff at his crass statement, "Tell me again why Elisha puts up with your stank ass?"

"The same reason you put up with my skank ass, because you love me."

He walks out the office, going only God knows where and I poke my head out to make sure that he's left. When I hear his engine roar to life, I run back into the office and lock the door behind me. I dial the know familiar number and smile when her voice fills my ears.

"Kim, it's Justin."

"Hi Justin, what's up?"

"I was wondering if you have any plans tonight?"

-----------***-----------

Ashlynn

"Come on Emma." I call to the little puppy as she jumps from my car.

I grab the rest of the grocery bags and walk up the front door. I go to place my key in the lock but the door has mysteriously unlocked itself. I look down at Emily and causiously open the door, trying not to make any noise. I peep around the corner into the living room and see a figure in my loveseat, head covered with a blanket. Two Gucci shoes are discarded on the floor next to the chair, the dead giveaway of the intruder.

"Olivia?"

She throws the blanket off of her head, allowing me to see her tear-stained face, "Where have you been?!"

"The grocery store, what is wrong with you? Shouldn't you be in Los Angeles at work?"

"I can't go back there."

"Why?" I say, setting down my groceries and sitting in front of her on the floor.

"I can't tell you."

"What did you do Olivia?"

She looks at Emma and tries to change the subject, "She's getting big."

"No she's not, what did you do?"

She looks away from me, "I've been sleeping with my married boss and she found out and is after me."

I stare at her in disbelief, "What? You've been sleeping with your boss? Olivia Sascha."

She groans, "Please be nice to me, okay? I know it was stupid-"

"Stupid! The is the worst thing you can do, is get involved with your boss. With your married boss."

"I know but his wife is crazy! Right after I got off of the phone with you yesterday, he came flying into my office and told me to leave before she got there. I was half way out the building when she came barrelling out of her car. She chased me half way down the street Ashlynn!"

A smile adorns my face but I quickly whisk it away, "Well it serves you right, you were sleeping with her husband."

"I just packed some shit and came here. You don't mind do you?"

I sigh, "No, I don't mind. Are you hungry, I was just about to make lunch."

She shakes her pityful head, groans again, and returns the blanket over her face. I shake my head as I head into the kitchen. How does she get herself into these situations? I mean, her boss? She's been sleeping with her married boss and the bitch didn't even tell me. Damn her, now I got to take care of her ass all week long. The door bell rings and Olivia nearly jumps ten feet in the air.

"It's that bitch! That woman followed me here!" She screams, running into the bathroom.

"You are insane." I yell back, walking towards the door.

I yank it open, expecting some derranged woman but to my suprise, it's my delivery man, "You again." I say.

"Me again, I have another package for you."

He hands me the package just as Olivia appears at my side. I glance at her and she shrugs, "I heard a male voice."

I chuckle some and start to sign for the package but something catches my eye, "Wait, this isn't for me."

"What?" He looks at the package and laughs, "Oh, I'm sorry, I guess I got a little mixed up. Sorry about that."

"Oh it's no problem." Olivia answers.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt your afternoon." The mystery man says.

"You didn't interrupt anything, it's okay. You know, did you say your name?" Olivia asks.

"I'm Chirs, and you are?"

"Olivia and this is Ashlynn." Let the blushing begin.

We laughs again, a beautiful, low, manly laugh, "We've met. Well, see you two later."

Olivia and I reach up and wave in unison as he heads back to his truck. I look over at her and can see the gears grinding in her head already, "He did that on purpose."

"What are you talking about?"

"That whole, I think I got a little mixed up. He came here on purpose to see you."

I walk back into the house, "You've lost it."

"Why do you do this when someone get's interested in you? He's into you."

"Whatever."

She gives up and plops back on the couch, flipping on the tv to Tyra. Do you think he did that on purpose? Tell me the truth, do you think he wanted to see me again? No, what am I talking about, he's a delivery man, he probably get's addresses mixed up that time. Right? He is really cute though, huh? He's built like a man, you hear me? Thick arms, and that tight brown shirt wasn't hiding those chisled pecks. Oh damn, i haven't felt this way in... shit, a long ass time. I hope he stays my delivery man.

A few minutes later, after i've thrown the cold pizza into the oven, the door bell rings again. Look whose popular today. I walk through the living room with Olivia's eyes on me and open the door.

"Chris?"

"Yeah, hi." He smiles, "I'm sorry to keep bothering you but I lied to you earlier."

I avert my eyes to the side to try and comprehend what is going on, "Umm, okay?" I giggle nervously.

"I didn't get mixed up, I wanted to see you again." My breath catches in my throat as the words leave his mouth, "I lost my nerve when you opened the door."

I look back behind me and see Olivia damn near breaking her neck to see what's going on from the couch so I step outside and shut the door behind me, "Have I freaked you out?" He asks.

I shake my head, "No, not at all. Did you want to ask me something?" Please ask me out, please ask me out!

"I actually uh, wanted to see if you were busy this weekend but you have your friend here and all so-"

"No!" I shout and then compose myself, "I mean, she won't mind if i'm gone for a few hours. I'm not busy."

He lights up and shows me that toothy grin again, "Great um, how about dinner Friday night?"

I smile back, "That sounds great, what time?"

"Oh right, uh... seven?"

"That's great. So, i'll see you then?" I laugh again nervously.

"Yeah, great, so uh... yeah. I'll see you Friday at seven."

He begins to walk away and I start to walk back into the house but I remember something and call back after him, "Wait! Chris." He turns back to me, "Do you want my number?"

He looks down at his shoes and rubs his shaved him, "I can't believe I'm so nervous. Yes, I would love to have your number."

I jogg over to him and grab his pen from his clipboard. I grab his hand and scribble down my number and tuck the pen into his shirt pocket, "Don't loose it." I say.

He smiles for the millionth time, "Don't worry, I won't."

I watch him leave and skip back to the house. I don't think i've ever been that straight-forward in a long ass time. That felt really good to be that... direct. I walk back into the house and I'm met by a five-foot-six blonde bombshell.

"I knew it! What did I tell you? Did he ask you out?" I shake my head yes and she squeels, "I knew it! What, where, when?"

"Dinner, Friday, don't know."

"We're going shopping, get your purse bitch!"

"Wait, I already have cute stuff to wear."

"Who cares? Any reason is a good reason to go shopping."

The wench has a point.

Four by god gave me style
Author's Notes:
Sorry for taking so long :). Here's chapter four.
Four

Justin

So, this "relationship" with Kim has been AMAZING. She's opened me up so much and I feel free of everything. Just seeing her beautiful face everyday makes me feel good. We've been taking it slow and easy, yes, that means no sex. It's kinda better this way because we're getting to know each other a lot better. God, I mean, she's funny, sexy, smart; she's everything that a man could dream of. And, she's a great listener. I've been talking to her about my relationship with Ashlynn and she doesn't really say anything. She just listens and that's exactly what I needed. To get all of that off of my chest and just have someone to listen to me. She's not the biggest fan of Ashlynn and at first, I would defend Ashlynn. But as the days go on, I'm learning not to do that so much. I don't need to defend her anymore; she's not my girlfriend anymore. She's not in my life anymore but, that's enough about Ashlynn. Let's get back to Kim.

"Will you spend the night with me?"

Her voice breaks my thoughts and I look up at her form in the doorway. Her beautiful, curvy body is covered by a short, pink satin nighty. Her long, blonde hair is swet over to one side and is spilling down her pretty boobbies, stopping short above her belly button, "If you want me to I will." I answer.

She walks over to the bed and crawls over to me like a cat on all fours. She snuggles her head into my neck and starts running her hand over my chest, "I want you to. I wanna know what it feels like to sleep next to you."

"You want have to wonder anymore now will you?"

She smiles up at me and it falls quiet in her apartment besides the occaisonal jingle of her cat's collar. My attention is fully on the tv when she climbes into my lap, both of her tiny hands on my chest, her plump botty resting on my crotch, "What are you thinking about?" She asks softly. My lower body answers her question before I can speak and she giggles, "Ooh, the same thing I'm thinking about."

She leans down and begins to lay sweet, soft kisses along me neck. My hands instictively place themselves on her butt and give it a squeeze, causing a little moan to escape her lips. Well, you don't want to hear that rest of that stuff. We had a good time with each other and I can official say that we've had sex.

The next morning, after telling Trace all of the details he starts talking about a vacation he's been planning with Elisha, "She wants to take a break from everything you know? So we're thinking about going up to Long Beach for like a month."

"A month? When were you planning on telling your business partner this?" I ask.

"I just told your ass. Plus, I didn't want to say anything until Lish and I set this thing in stone. She really needs a vacation though man and it's not like we don't have employees to run this place for a month."

"What do you mean we, you're the one that's going on vacation."

"Well, that's the second part. Lish has already picked out this great little villa thing, right on the beach but there's a problem."

I drop my head, "What kind of problem?"

"The villa's are built for two couples and they won't let just one rent it for that long."

"So..." I ask.

"We want you guys to come with us."

I sigh, "How much is it?"

"That's the third thing."

I scoff, "Jesus Trace."

"Okay, okay, just hang on. It's fifteen-hundred."

"A month? That's not bad."

"A night."

I drop my pen and look at him like he's grown a second head, "Are you crazy? That's insane, I'm not paying seven hundred and fifty dolllar a night. No."

"Come on man, she really wants to do this."

"That's fine, but I'm not shellin' out that kinda money just so we can hear you guys having sex. No way."

He laughs, "Before you say no-"

"I've already said no."

"Just look at the place, it's a great place. Google 'Long Beach villas'."

I scratch my head but do as he asks and pull up the page. I glance at the pictures of these cute little houses right on the beach, my stance starting to change a little. I look through the interior of the places, and their not bad, luxorious even. I guess worth the seven hunred and fifty dollars I'd have to pay each night. I look over at Trace, whose pretending to do the paperwork that I've been asking him to do for days.

"Two weeks."

"What?"

"I said two weeks. Cut the vacation down to two weeks and I'll talk to Kim about tonight."

A smile spreads across his scruffy face, "You're my man dude. Okay, I'll tell Lish a.s.a.p."

-----------***-----------

Later that night after diner at Kim's, I bring up the vacation idea to her to see what she thinks about it, "Hey, Trace and Elisha are thinking about taking a vacation up in Long Beach for like two weeks."

"Awe, that's cool. When are they leaving?" She asks from the kitchen.

"They're not sure yet but they want us to go with them. What do you think?"

She walks into the living room and plops next to me, "About going with them?"

"Yeah."

"Um, yeah, that could be fun."

"You wanna go?"

She thinks about it for a second, "Yeah, let's go. Let's just be spontaneous and go."

I smile and kiss her on the cheek, "Cool. Trace had me look at the place online and it was pretty cool. Pricey but cool."

"How much does it cost?"

"It's fifteen hundred at night so you know, we're just gonna split it."

She laughs a little, "Ah, wow, that's a lot of money."

"I think it'll be worth it though. You know, a little time to ourselves without having to think about work or anything stupid."

"Yeah, I can help with the money. I don't want anybody to think that I'm a gold digger." Her comment sends us into a laugh and the subject is dropped from there for the rest of the night.

A few days later, Trace and I make the arrangments for the villa and thousands of dollars later, we have it booked. I'm looking forward to it now, I think it'll be a great opportunity for all of us to just lay back for awhile and not have to worry about anything. Kim and Elisha are excited, you know how girls get about stuff like that. I don't know, it'll be fun and Kim has made be promise to leave my phone behind, which I am more than willing to do. Long Beach, here we come.

five by god gave me style
Author's Notes:
so after a long ass hiatus, here is chapter 5. updates on this one should be more frequent, thanks for sticking with me :)
Five

Ashlynn

I know what you are thinking, you're thinking where in the hell have you been these last few months. I've been having great sex these last few months, that's where I've been. But before I get into that, let's start at the beginning. I got the job at Creative, yay, and I love it. I have so much freedom and I can make anything look that way that I want it to look. Talk about a power trip, huh. I can design magazine layouts, commercials, ads, logos... whatever is brought to my desk. But if I don't feel like doing anything, I have a staff of twenty, count 'em, twenty artists that will do it for me, all I have to do is say yes or no, that's not right. I can make my own hours, work at home most of the week, whatever. I can do, whatever. And whatever, is exactly what I want to do.

Moving on, I have a boyfriend, Yeah, that's what I said, I have a boyfriend. Yeppers, Chris is my bf. That first date was amazing, we clicked so well it was almost weird. From there, everything took off and all of that doubt I had is gone. G.O.N.E. Every last bit of it. I no longer doubt myself and think that I'm not ready for anything. I can take anything in this world on and Chris is the one who taught me that. He makes me feel so damn good, you know what good means don't you ladies. I feel good in my skin and this is exactly where I wanted to be in life. And, the sex is great, pure and simple. I'm not a ho, I made his ass wait for a few months but once it was on, it was on. So yeah, that's my boyfriend.

Oh and he is a hopeless romantic, he's planned this little vacation thing a few miles up the road for this weekend. I think it's called Long Beach Villa's or something, I don't know exactly but it's these cute little villas on the beach. The place caters to couples and everything so Olivia and her new beau, Braxton are coming along. Chris had to take two weeks off from work but it's going to be worth it, this place is so great. We are going to have so much fun and I can barely wait until tomorrow when we leave. Olivia and Braxton are driving up tonight and then we're all gonna hang out and then leave tomorrow around four.

Later that night, while I'm walking in between my closet and my suitcase, Chris flips through an old photo album of Olivia and I from a like a year ago or something.

"Is that him?"

"Who honey?"

"Well if you'd slow down and come over here, you'd know who I'm pointing to."

I stop and walk over to him, letting him loop an arm around my waist. His finger is pointed the white guy standing next me, shit, I forgot about the end of the photo album, "Uh, yeah, that's Justin." God, I haven't thought about him in a long time.

"So that's the guy huh?"

"That's him."

"He looks scrawny."

I laugh a little, "Okay."

"I didn't mean to say that." I look at him, "Whatever, I can't believe he hit you."

"He didn't... He didn't hit me, he moved back and my face was too close to his knee. It wasn't intentional or anything."

"Still, from what you've told me, I don't like him."

"You don't even know him."

"That doesn't matter, I don't like how he treated you after that psycho came after you guys. I mean, yeah, that's gotta be stressful and all but shit, you saved his life."

"Chris, I really don't want to get into this okay? That's in the past, I haven't seen him in.. forever. It doesn't matter now." I say, returning to the closet.

"So you don't have any type of feelings for him anymore?"

I don't even have to think about the answer to that question anymore, "No."

"Good," He says getting up from the bed and grabbing me by the waist and kissing my cheek, "Now I don't have to beat his ass if I ever see him."

"Oh please," I say laughing, "What in the hell makes you think we are ever going to see him? He lives in Los Angeles and that's like four hours from here."

"What, a man can't travel?"

"Justin hates it up here, we drove up here one weekend and he couldn't wait to get back home."

"Well I'm just saying, I'm gonna have to whoop him if he comes near you thinking that he can get you back."

I laugh again, "That'll never happen."

A little while later, Olivia and Braxton arrived and the rest of the night was lost in laughter and stories. The next morning, I went off to work while Chris entertained Olivia and Braxton for a few hours. I came home around three, we packed up all the bags in the cars, grabbed Emma started off on the thirty minute drive to the Long Beach Villa's. We checked in and were escorted to the villa which is amazing, by the way, and started unpacking all of our things.

"I didn't think it was going to be this beautiful out here." Chris says.

"I know, and I freaking live on the beach and I'm breathless."

"I think we should try that little Italian place that we passed, there's a nice breeze going."

I kissed him softly, "That sounds great."

"Should we try and sneak out."

I laugh, "They would notice."

"No they wouldn't, if we're real quiet about it we can get out before they even notice."

"You don't know Olivia very well. She's a freaking hound, she'd be able to smell it when we leave. I bet you she's on her way over here right-."

"Are you guys settled in? We wanna try that little Italian place that we passed that's like ten minutes from here. You know, the one with the tables outside?"

Chris and I look at each other and bust out laughing, "What are you laughing at?" She asks.

"Nothing girl. We're ready, let's go."

"I just gotta get my purse."

Chris walks into the other side of the villa with Braxton and Olivia pokes me in the side, "What were you guys laughing at?"

"Nothing, just chill."

"Whatever ho, you were laughing at something involving me."

"Oh shut up, let's go."

-----------***-----------

After a great dinner, the four of us decided to take a walk along the beach. Chris and I hold hands and linger a little behind Olivia and Braxton, who are talking quietly amongst themselves.

"I think this is the first time that I have ever seen Olivia being semi-quiet in like eight years."

"You know what, I totally believe you."

We share another laugh when the wind carries a loud laugh across my ears. Olivia must hear it too because she turns around and looks at me, "Did you hear that?" She asks.

"Yeah."

"What, what did you hear?" Braxton asks looking between the two of us.

"Oh just somebody laughing. It sounds a lot like somebody we used to know." We start walking again, and again, the voice is carried our way.

"Wow, that guy sounds exactly like Trace, doesn't it Liv?"

"Sure does."

"Who's Trace?" Chris asks.

I shake my head, "Nobody."

Six by god gave me style
Six

Justin

"Trace, shut up man, you're so loud." I say, pushing him a little.

He always get's loud as shit when he gets tipsy, Elisha won't say shit because she's too nice. We've been here at the Villa for like a day, I guess. We left late last night so there wouldn't be to much traffic and we got here around eight this morning. We all pretty much slept all day and we just gone done eating dinner. Kim holds on to my arm as she looks out at the ocean, breathing in the salty water.

"Let's take a walk along the beach. We should let Marty run a little." She says.

"Good idea baby. Lish, can you handle him or do we need to take him back?"

She giggles as she tries to hold him back from wondering off, "No, I got him, let's walk."

We head down the sand and walk right along the edge of the water. Marty runs a little ahead of us and I turn back to check on Elisha and Trace, "He's a trip." Kim says.

I scoff, "Uh, I know. He's been like this his entire life, your lucky you've only known him for a few months."

"He's fun though."

"That he is."

I throw my arm around her shoulders and plant a kiss on the side of her face as Marty runs a head of us. His bark gets lost in the crash of a few waves and before I know it, he's out of sight, "Marty! Marty, come on boy!"

-----------***-----------

Ashlynn

A dog bark breaks the silence of our walk, "God, why don't people put freaking muzzles on their mutes."

I punch Chris in the arm, "Don't talk like that in front of Emma. He didn't mean it baby, you're momma's princess aren't ya?" I say while scratching her behind her ears.

She trots beside up and the runs a little ahead of us, chasing the water as it crashes up on the sand. I smile, watching her interact with the water when Olivia throws her arm around my shoulder, "Can I steal her for a second?"

"Oh you may." Chris says.

Chris drops back with Braxton as Olivia and I continue to walk ahead, "So, what do you think about Braxton?"

"He's pretty nice, I'm impressed. He's a step up from your boss."

She groans when I bring up the subject, "Please don't mention his name. I've been back in the office for freaking ever and he just won't leave me alone. I swear, he send me text messages like one hundred times I day, I'm not even kidding. Braxton even went up there and told him to leave me alone, but did that stop him? No."

I laugh at her, "That's what you get for fucking around with your boss. I mean, damn."

She let's a laugh fall from her lips and hugs me a little from the side, "Why are we friends?"

"I honestly have no idea, but you keep coming around."

"I keep coming around? Oh please."

We talk about nothing for a few minutes more when the bark from earlier starts to get louder and louder. And then, out of no where, this other dog comes after Emma, barking and biting at her tail. I scream a little as the two dogs growl, bark, bite and scratch each other. Braxton and Chris try their best to keep the two apart but to no avail. The golden retriever continues to attack Emma for a few minutes more but suddenly stops and runs over to me. He jumps up on my thighs and I stare down into those big chocolate eyes.

"Marty?"

-----------***-----------

Justin

"Marty! Where in the hell did he go?" I ask.

"I don't know, I didn't even notice that he had run off." Kim says.

I hear Trace's drunken giggle behind me but look around to spot my dog. All of a sudden, deep growls and barking fill the air and I see a spot of gold just up ahead. A woman's scream is faintly heard and I curse loudly, "Shit, I think he's fighting with that other dog."

I break off into a run, Kim behind me so we can reach Marty before he does any damage. As I get closer to the scene, I see Marty just stop messing with the other dog and run over to the woman standing a little further away. He jumps up onto her thighs and her hand instinctively goes to bridge of his nose, his favorite place to be pet. I whistle loudly, catching his attention and causing the party of four to notice us. Marty runs back over to me and I scratch his ears as I turn my attention back to the foursome.

"Hey, I'm sorry about him, I don't know what got into-"

My breathe literally catches in my throat when my eyes meet hers in what seems to be a century. Am I awake right now? No wait, am I dead because I'm not believing my lying eyes. She stares back at me with the same kind of look, and I take a step back.

"Ashlynn?"

-----------***-----------

Ashlynn

Olivia gasps when she see's him standing there with some blond woman behind him. I can't even move, I must be... dreaming or something. This can NOT be happening right now. Chris looks over at me like, 'who the fuck is that' and then turns back to him and the mystery woman. His hand tightens its grip on mine when he realizes the white guy from my photo album.

"Justin." I muster.

Our gaze doesn't break until Trace's ass decides to join the party. Elisha is too occupied with trying to keep his ass from falling but when she does decide to look up, she gasps just as loud as Olivia did. And we stand there for what seems like an eternity, just staring at each other in disbelief.

"I... wow." I say, scratching me forehead and looking to the ground.

"Umm..." Olivia starts off but then she shuts her mouth and looks back over at me.

"What is going on?" Braxton asks, totally clueless.

Olivia shushes him quickly, mumbling a 'I'll tell you later' and then the silence returns. I break my gaze from Justin's to look at the little blond girl standing next to him. I catch her looking my up and down like she knows me and then when she meets my gaze, she gives me a dirty look like I just killed her momma or something. I stare her back down and then jump a little when Justin's voice sounds.

"Umm, what are you doing here?" He asks nervously.

"I live here." I blurt.

His eyes dart from side to side as he process my answer, "Here? You live here, here?"

"Well not here, but like, thirty minutes up the road. We're gonna be here for the next two weeks. What are you doing here?"

"Uh," he says, shifting his weight from his left let to his right, "We're on vacation... for the next two weeks."

My heart drops, "Here? Like, here, here?"

He nods his head and then looks back out onto the ocean. Just fucking GREAT, of course we had to pick the same fucking two weeks to go on vacation as Justin and Trace. What have I done? Nothing, I've done nothing but be a good human being. I've even started going back to church and this is how I get rewarded? Just fucking great.

The blond bitch standing at Justin's side whispers something in his ear and then he stands up straight, "Uh, Ashlynn this is um, Kim. Kim, Ashlynn."

"Hi." I say harshly.

She gives me a fake smile and then nudges him, "Oh uh, my girlfriend Kim."

Girlfriend? Are you shitting me? He went from me to her skinny, no chest having, flat ass? No fucking way. Two can play that game, "Justin, this is my boyfriend Chris. Chris, this is my ex Justin, the one I was telling you about."

Chris raises his head a little, acknowledging Justin but not really wanting to. Justin does the same, looking him over once or twice, sizing him up. I look back at Elisha, who looks like she's going to throw up and Trace, who has no idea what's going on. The silence is deafening because nobody knows what to say. No one wants to move, breathe or even blink as our two lives collide again. Even Olivia has absolutely nothing to say. I run my fingers through my hair, contemplating just jumping into the ocean and drowning myself when the little bitch decides to speak up.

"So this is the cunt that almost got you killed."

My mouth drops to my feet as I stare at her in disbelief. Elisha lets out an 'oh my god', Olivia says 'oh shit', Trace giggles, Braxton stares at me, Chris scoffs and Justin, looks at her like an embarrassed parent, "What did you just say to me?" I say, feeling my blood boil.

"I said, so this is the cunt that almost got my man killed."

I laugh sarcastically, "Oh, you think you're funny don't you? Let me tell you something flat ass, you don't know shit about me-"

"Oh I know enough bitch. Justin's told me all about you."

"Oh he did, did he? Well, did you tell you that I can beat the fucking shit outta your pasty ass?"

"Oh, I'd just like to see you try whore."

"Whore?! Who are you calling a whore, you fucking slut!"

She lunges at me but Chris catches her off at the pass and pushes her back into Justin's grasp. I go after her, but Chris holds me back as nasty words spew from my fiery lips.

"Hey, hey, hey, hey, Kim, shut up!" Justin says, holding her back with one arm.

"No, let her bitch ass go Justin. Let her go!" I scream.

"Don't talk about her like that!" He yells back at me.

"Fuck you! She's the one that started this shit, talking to me like she's fucking crazy. The fucking whore."

"Ah, fuck you Ashlynn." Justin says.

"Fuck me? Fuck you asshole!"

"That's enough." Chris says harshly, keeping his eyes on Justin, "Come on Ash, let's go baby." He wraps his arm around my waist and I look over my shoulder back at the little whore who keeps yelling shit at me.

A few times, I started back down on her ass but Chris kept his tight grip on my waist and walks me back to our villa. Once inside, I let out a scream so loud, it should have woken Abraham Lincoln himself, "I cannot believe the nerve of the little fucking bitch. Who does she think she's fuckin' with? And him, can you believe him? That little prick bastard, I can't believe his fucking bullshit-"

"Shh, it's over now." He whispers, hugging me from behind and kissing my neck, "It's over now."

"Girlfriend, I can't believe that he calls her his girlfriend."

"Ash, please. I know your mind is probably racing but let's not think about it, okay? Let's just try and enjoy our two weeks."

"How can I enjoy my two weeks with him here? With my luck, we'll probably run into them everywhere we go."

He's silent for a minute or two, "Then I guess we're just going to have to stay in then, huh?"

My emotions subside and a smile spreads across my face. The thought of sex totally wipes away whatever the fuck I was thinking about before, "Are you being naughty?" I ask.

"If that'll take your mind off of the asshole and his little slut, then yes. I don't want them to ruin this for us."

I sigh, "You're right. You're right, I can't let them ruin our vacation, we've spent entirely too much money to have them fuck it up."

"Exactly, now come on, let's get in bed and watch a movie, huh?"

"Okay."

I stare out of the window and grimace once more before turning and walking into the bedroom, slamming the door behind me.

-----------***-----------

Justin

I slam the door harshly behind me and stalk into the bedroom. I rip my shirt off harshly and throw it to the floor. Kim walks in behind me and puts her arms around my waist.

"Are you okay?" She asks softly.

"Do I look okay? Why couldn't you have kept your mouth shut?" I say, moving myself from her grip.

She scoffs behind me and I turn just in time to see her with her hands on her hips, "You're mad at me?"

I throw my hands up in the air, "Yes! I mean, fuck, I told that shit in confidentiality, not so you could throw back up in her face. I mean, Jesus, she could have taken your ass out if she wanted to. The fucking bastard she calls a boyfriend couldn't have stopped her if she was really trying to get to your ass."

"Why are you saying all of this? I'm your girlfriend, remember? I'm the one you should be defending right now, not her!" She screams.

"You started it! If you had just kept your trap shut, I could have handled it. Now, we're going to spend the next two fucking weeks in hell because we are going to have to spend all of our time avoiding them and wondering if we're going to see them."

It grows silent between us; Kim keeps her eyes narrowed at me, her hands still on her hips. I look back at her and cross my arms over my chest, "You know what?" she says, "I don't want you in this room tonight."

I scoff, "Has it occurred to you that maybe I don't want to be in this room tonight?" I grab my shirt off of the floor and replace it on my torso.

I grab my keys and wallet and walk swiftly past her. I dodge Elisha as she walks into the common room but she doesn't say anything, she just watches me. I stop and turn back to turn to check on my drunk friend, "Is he okay?" I say.

She shakes her head, "He's sleeping. Where are you going?"

"I don't know, just out. I can't be around her right now." Elisha shakes her head again and looks out the windows onto the water, "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to-"

"It's okay," She says, "I think we all were shocked to see them. Ashlynn probably feels the same way you do."

I shake my head and then look at the front door, "I'll be back tomorrow morning, okay?"

With that, I open the door and hear Kim call my name. I shut the door before she can make it out into the common room and start making my way to god knows where. I don't know where in the fuck I'm gonna go but I can't think about this shit all night long. Fuck, out of all of the places in the world to go, Ashlynn and I end up coming to the same vacation spot. And it's only going to get worse, I know it. I just fucking know it. This is the tip of the ice burg and we are going down like the Titanic.

Seven by god gave me style
Seven

Ashlynn

"I can't do this." I say, throwing the covers back and getting out of bed.

Chris goes to grab my arm but misses. I throw my jeans back onto my hips and rifle through his clothes to find my bra and shirt, "What are you doing?" He asks.

"I'm going for a walk."

He looks at the clock, "Right now? It's almost twelve o'clock."

"I know what time it is, thank you." I say moving about the room, "Fuck! Where are my shoes?" I say more to myself.

"Ashlynn." He sighs, rubbing his hand over his face, clearly stressed out about this situation.

"What Chris?"

"Why are you still stressing about this? I mean, it's been like four hours and you're still worked up."

"Well excuse me for being a little 'stressed out'. I only saw my ex-boyfriend who I walked out on, leaving him high and dry with a new girlfriend who, coincidentally, thinks I am Satan herself for trying to get him killed. Excuse the fuck outta me for being a little worked up." I say, finding my shoes and slipping them on.

"Wait a minute," He says while I try to walk out of the bedroom, "Wait a goddamn minute!" He yells, causing me to stop, "What bothers you more, seeing him or seeing him with someone else?"

My face contorts into a sarcastic expression, "What are you talking about? I don't give a flying fuck about that bitch."

"Well then why do you keep bringing her up?"

I put my hand up and shake my head, "You know what? I'm not going to listen to this shit, I don't need this. You could be a little understanding and try to calm me down but you just wanna start some bullshit with me."

I stalk out of the room and slam the door shut behind me. By time I'm closing the front door, I hear the bedroom door being opened. I sprint down the corridor and don't stop until the villa is just a little dot in the distance. I slow down to a walk, where in the hell am I going to go? I don't know shit about this place and it's fucking twelve o'clock. Damn, this is really fucked up. The first night we're here and boom, we're hit with a shit storm. Out of all of the fucking places we could be right now, we had to choose the same goddamn place that they were coming to. How is that for karma? I guess this is what I get for running all that time ago. You can never get away from your past, never.

After walking for what seems like forever, I happen upon that little Italian joint that we had dinner at. The place has long been closed but they left the patio tables and chairs out so why not pop a squat for awhile? I walk around the little building and take a seat at one of the tables, propping my feet up on the metal fence that separates the property and the sand. I sigh while looking out on the waves gently rolling in and how the water sparkles under the moonlight. A random dog starts to bay at the moon, the trees and bushes that surround the building rustle as the wind dances with the leaves. I close my eyes and let the subtle breeze whips through my hair and fills my lungs, calming me for a just a second. I open my eyes again and focus back out onto the water, the only peace I've received since running into Justin.

"Ashlynn?"

I jump and whip my head around to lay eyes on the one and only. I groan loudly and curse the heavens, "Fuck Justin, are you stalking me now?" I stand from my seat, pushing it harshly underneath the table.

"I'm not fucking stalking you. What are you doing out here so late?"

"Why is that any business of yours?" I ask.

Before he can answer, I try and side-step him to leave but he blocks my with his tall six-foot-one frame. I move to the left, but again, he blocks me. Becoming frustrated, I cross my arms over my chest and try my best not to make eye contact wit him, "Will you let me go?"

"No, not until you talk to me."

I laugh sarcastically, "I don't want to talk to you! Just let me go!"

I try to side-step him but for the third time, he stops me. In a split second decision, I turn around and jump over the metal barrier. I break off into a sprint, hearing him call my name. Damn it's hard to run in the sand and damn me for not putting on my sneakers. Before I can make it very far, his hand has grabbed onto my arm, slowing me to a stop and he whirls me around, "What is your problem?! I just want to talk to you!"

"Didn't you hear me the first time? I have NOTHING to say to you Justin! Nothing!" I start to walk away again but he grabs me.

"You have nothing to say? It's been eleven months since you walked away from me and you have nothing to say to me?"

I turn from him, putting my back to him, "No."

He sighs behind me, I hear him shift his weight from his one leg to the other; something he does when he gets upset, "I'm sorry about earlier, she shouldn't have said those things."

I shrug in response keeping my eyes glued on the water, "I don't know where it came from but she was, fuck, I don't know." He says.

I keep silent and he sighs again, "Fine, you don't have to talk to me but you are going to listen. I've tried really hard to get you off of my brain, really hard. And just as I think that you're gone, you reappear in my life. I'm trying to move on with Kim and I can't do that unless you know what I've gone through since you left me. You fucking ripped my heart out that day, do you know that? Ripped it out and stepped on it."

I turn back around to him, letting him see the tears that have welled up in my eyes, "You know what? I know I did you wrong, but you have no right telling her anything about me. You have no idea what goes on inside of my head. You can play the victim all you want Justin, you can blame me for everything in the world but I never once, asked for anything that happened to us. She has no right to judge me for what happen to you, none."

He looks away from me, "I know." He says softly.

"You better keep her away from me or I'll beat her down and you know I will." I pause for a few moments and then continue, "I know I hurt you and I know that you're still hurting over what happened those last few days. I'm sorry, I truly am. If I could take it back, I would. But I had to get out of there, I would've died if I had stayed. I'm happy for you in that you're trying to move on. So let me give you this so you don't have to think about me anymore."

I walk up to him and get up on my tip toes, like I had to do so many times before. I leave a soft kiss on the corner of his mouth, feeling his chest tense underneath my fingertips. I step back from him, but I'm still close enough to feel his hot breath on my skin. He stares down at me, his beautiful blue eyes sticking to my brown ones, no wanting to break the contact, "Goodbye Justin." I whisper.

His breathe catches in his throat as he watches me back away from him and start my walk back down the beach. I can feel his eyes on my back as I walk slowly, trying not to break down until I'm out of his hearing range. I turn back only once, seeing him still standing there, watching me. I fight the urges to run back to him, throw myself into his arms and tell him that I love him, and continue to walk away from him. The tears fall down my cheeks silently, blurring my vision. He's moved on, I can't ruin that for him. I've already done so much to him that he didn't deserve, he's finally gotten over me and I'm happy for him. I have to force myself that I love Chris, I have to force myself to not secretly believe that I'm making a mistake with him.

Awhile later, I walk quietly into the villa, closing the door softly so I don't wake Olivia or Braxton. I walk into the bedroom where Chris is asleep on top of the covers, his cellphone in his hand. I pull off my clothes numbly and climb into bed with him, wrapping myself in his arms. He wakes up and calls my name, pulling me closer to him and kissing my forehead. He tells me he's sorry for what he said to me and I start to cry. He has no idea why and he thinks it's because of him so he starts apologizing to me over and over and over again. I won't hurt him like I hurt Justin. I can't, he's too good to me. I have to force it, if I force it long enough, I'll start to love him...eventually, right? Chris falls asleep again, only after he thinks that I'm okay but I can't get sleep to come that easily. I stare out the windows onto the ocean, imagining Justin standing outside of my window, wanting to whisk me away. I love him. I can't deny it anymore, I love him.

But I'll never tell him. Nobody will ever know but me.

Everybody has their secrets.

-----------***-----------

Justin

"You better keep her away from me or I'll beat her down and you know I will." I pause for a few moments and then continue, "I know I hurt you and I know that you're still hurting over what happened those last few days. I'm sorry, I truely am. If I could take it back, I would. But I had to get out of there, I would've died if I had stayed. I'm happy for you in that you're trying to move on. So let me give you this so you don't have to think about me anymore."

She stands on her tip toes, and lays the softest kiss on me that I think I've every felt. She lingers for a minute, and then sets back slowly on her heels, staring at me with those big brown eyes. Then without another word, she turns from me and starts walking down the beach, back to her new life and him. I reach my hand out, her name almost rolling off of my lips but they stop themselves when she turns and looks at me again. For a split second, I think that she's gonna run towards me, jump into my arms and tell me that she loves me. For a split second, I want to smile at the thought but she turns back around and continues her journey. I stand there, numb to everything and watch her walk out of my life for the second time. And for the second time, she shatters my heart and leaves me bloody and broken on the sand.

I could barely breathe as she became smaller and smaller in the distance. When she disappeared, a tear slipped down my cheek. Not because I feel like she's getting better, but because she's doing it for me. She's trying to make me feel better by trying to make me believe that she's moved on as well. I believe her when she said she's happy for me, but she's not happy, I can see it. I could see it in her tears when she was talking to me, I could see it in her walk when she walked away from me. I wanted to run to her so badly, just take her in my arms and kiss her and tell her how much I've missed her. But I couldn't, you want to know why? Kim, and I guess because of her punk ass boyfriend.

My thoughts return to Kim as I walk in the opposite direction of where she left me, kicking sand up into my shoes. Even though she pissed me off, she deserves all of me. It wouldn't be fair for me to string her along and only give her half of me. It's only been a few months though, if I just cut her loose, she wouldn't have had the chance to get to attached. I sigh loudly, she is attached. She's been on my dick since the first time we met, she's wanted me all along. Then there's Chris. Ashlynn deserves to try and move on to somebody else, who am I to deprive her of that? Even if it's not love with this guy, which I know it's not, she deserves the chance. That's why I didn't go after her this time, to give her the chance.

I find a hotel not far from the villa's and check into a room for the night. I fall out of my clothing and climb under the sheets, trying to push everything into the background. I try to force my eyes shut but they fly open, and I know that sleep won't come tonight. Not with all of this shit on my brain. One thing is certain though, I love her still. I tried to push it down because of Trace, and Kim but I can't do that anymore. I love Ashlynn, that'll never change. But, for sake of her and me, I have to force it to go away. I have to force myself to fall in love with Kim so it won't hurt so much when I think about another man on top of Ashlynn. Another man loving Ashlynn, kissing Ashlynn. I'll have to force myself to think about Kim when I'm at the office, in the shower, at the grocery store.

I can't tell anybody this, of course. Trace will flip out and start getting into my business again and make me feel bad. Kim will hate me and I can't have that on my conscience. I can't tell anybody, I'll just keep it all in; like I have all this time.

Everybody has their secrets.

Eight by god gave me style
Eight

Justin

"Dude, what the hell is wrong with you? You've been moping around ever since we went on vacation." Trace asks, plopping down next to me on the couch.

I bring the beer up to my lips and take a long swig before I answer him, "Nothing."

He sighs loudly and rolls his eyes, "Something went down and Lish tells me that I was too drunk to remember. What the fuck happened?"

"Trace, nothing happened okay? I'm fine, I swear."

"You're lying to me."

"I am not."

"You are too. Did you and Kim have a fight or something? She's been acting goofy too."

"No, we did not have a fight. Back off of me man." I say standing and walking into the kitchen.

Marty looks up at me from his spot on the floor and slowly rises, following me into the kitchen. When I lean up again the counter, he sits next to me and yelps softly. My hand instinctively starts scratching behind his ears and he stops whining. Trace walks in behind us and sits on the opposite counter, "Tell me."

I close my eyes and rub them harshly. If you haven't noticed, nobody had told Trace that we ran into Ashlynn. I haven't had the heart, Elisha doesn't want to cause any drama and Kim is just plain pissed about the situation. I gotta tell him know because he can't keep his big ass nose in his own business and I don't want him bugging Elisha to death.

"We ran into Ashlynn that first night on the beach. You were shit-faced, that's why you don't remember."

I don't open my eyes until a few seconds after the words leave my mouth because I'm really not in the mood for him to go crazy on me. After you few seconds and not hearing his mouth, I look him in the eye and he's staring back at me but nothing is happening.

"Did you hear what I said?" I ask.

"Yeah, I heard you."

I look away from him quickly and then look back at him, clearly confused as to what is going through his head, "You... you don't have anything to say?" I ask.

"Uhh, not really. Weird huh?" He says, looking confused himself.

I let out a laugh, "Are you serious? I mean, I didn't tell you because I was damn sure that you would loose your mind but this; I never expected this from you."

He shakes his head in agreement, "I know but, I really don't have anything to say. I mean, that explains why you've been acting all down and shit. It must have been weird."

"She has a new boyfriend."

"Oh shit." He says more to himself than to me, "Major weird."

"Yeah."

"But, you're not considering leaving Kim or anything right? I mean, nothing happened between you and Ashlynn right?"

I shake my head, "No, we only saw each other for like ten minutes and I didn't see her again." I lie.

"Okay then. So, everything's okay?"

"Yeah, everything's... good."

It grows silent between us, I know something is going through Trace's head but I don't want to know, "So, that's why Kim has been so-"

"They had a fight on the beach."

"Oh man. Was it bad?"

"Uh, she called Ashlynn a cunt."

Trace puts his hand to his mouth to muffle the 'oooh' sound coming from his throat, "Yeah, and then Kim got all crazy and accused me of defending Ashlynn and then she told me that she didn't want me in the room so I went to a hotel. She's been pissed ever since."

"Damn, have you tried talking to her?"

I shrug my shoulders and let out a heavy breath, "Not really." I really don't want to talk to her. I want to track down Ashlynn and tell her to leave that jack off Chris and run away with me but do I say that? No.

"Well," Trace says, jumping down off of the counter, "Just try and talk to her, you guys can work through this."

"I hear you."

He starts to laugh and jams his hands into his pockets, "This is not the reason that I came over here. I don't give a damn about your problems."

I laugh along with him and cross my arms across my chest, "What did you come over here for then hoe, to get something to eat?"

"Fuck you man. I think we need to get some more advertising done, maybe change up the logo and stuff."

I shake my head to agree, "I've kinda been thinking that too. What do you have in mind."

"Well, I was looking through the paper today and some of the competition have some pretty nifty ads. I also saw a billboard on the highway that really caught my attention and guess what the common factor was? Creative, Inc."

He throws down some pamphlets and information on the company and I pick them up as he continues to talk, "They do everything, they have an art department that works on the logo's and colors. Then, you get like you're own agent that gets the ads in the paper, online and on billboards. They just got a new head of the art department and I hear that she's the shit."

I flip through the papers, skimming the information, "Sounds good man, I think we should do it."

"Yeah?" He says.

"Yeah, it sounds pretty good. We should set up an appointment and see what they can do for us."

"Sweet. Now you can't say that I don't do any work asshole." He says, taking his keys out of his pocket.

"Okay, so you've accomplished one damn thing."

"My ass," He pulls me into a quick hug, "I gotta go man, Elisha has some family in town that we have to entertain. I'll call you when I set up the appointment."

"Alright dude, try not to scare the future in laws."

He flips me off and on his way out of the kitchen, I hear him say hi to Kim. I close my eyes and turn around to grab a cup from the cupboard. Her heels click against the hardwood floors and I start to feel her eyes burning a hole into my back.

"Hey." She says quietly.

"Hey." I say, not turning around as I take a sip of water.

"How was your day?" She asks.

I shrug, "Not bad, yours?"

"Same."

It grows silent between us for a few minutes and then I hear her sigh, "What's going on with us Justin? Why has it been so tense?"

"You're the reason it's been so tense, you've gone out of your way to avoid me." I say, turning around and facing her.

Her pretty face has stress and pain written all over it. She rubs her forehead and pushes her blond hair over her shoulder, "That's not true."

"It is true. Ever since we ran into Ashlynn-"

"Please don't say her name." She says, raising her hand.

I let out a sarcastic laugh, "You see? That's why it's tense around here."

I start to walk out of the kitchen but she grabs my arm, "Don't walk away Justin. Excuse me for not wanting to hear her name."

"She's in my past Kim, she's was apart of my life, I can't help that. I can't erase her out of my life."

"I know that but I don't want to hear about her 24 hours a day." She says.

"I don't even talk about her Kim, not at all."

She looks away, "But I think about her all the time. You never told me she was so pretty." She says quietly.

I sigh and run my hands through my hair, "Come here."

When she doesn't move, I pull her into my chest and tighten my grip around her, "You don't have to worry Kimmy, I'm not going anywhere." I whisper.

Her small hands grip my shirt tightly and she pulls back to look up at me, "I'm sorry for acting so crazy baby."

I pull her back into my chest and kiss the top of her head, "Don't worry about it honey. Let's go get in the bath, your muscles are tense."

She shakes her head and we head upstairs and into the bathroom. I start the water as she undresses, I watch her out of the corner of my eye. When the water is ready, I help her step into the tub, making sure she's comfortable before I let her hand go and undress myself. I step in behind her and she lays her head against my chest. I wrap my arms around her and kiss the side of her face. She giggles lightly and for the first time in weeks, I relax.

"This feels good." She says.

"It does, doesn't it baby?"

She laughs again and I feel her relax a little more against me, "Babe, I'm sorry for everything."

"Kim, it's okay, don't worry about it."

"No, I can't. I really like you and I felt a little threatened when I saw her. I didn't expect her to be so... put together. And she is absolutely beautiful. I didn't want you to fall for her again..." She trails off.

"I didn't want you to fall for her again because... I- I'm in love with you."

My breath was literally sucked out of my body when she said that. What? My body tenses up and I try to hide my discomfort but she turns around to face me, "It's okay baby, you don't have to say anything. I just, I just wanted you to know what I'm feeling and how I feel about you."

I shake my head and force a little smile. She smiles back at me and put her hand to my cheek, "Don't look so freaked, it's okay. I'm not going to go insane because you can't tell me that you love me yet. Breathe Justin."

I let out a breath and try to keep myself from passing out, "I'm sorry baby, you just... caught me off guard with that."

"I know. I just want you know that she's not the only one that's capable of giving you what you want." She says, still stroking the side of my now red face.

Hours later, Kim is fast asleep in my arms, snoring lightly. But I can't sleep, I've got to much on my mind. Fuck, I have to forget Ashlynn. I can't hurt Kim, she... she told me she's in love with me tonight. I didn't say anything back and she was okay with that but I wanted to run right out of the room. I'm trapped now, you see? I can't hurt Kim now, she has a lot invested into this relationship and I can't throw that away for nothing.

The truth of the matter is, I'll probably never see Ashlynn again. There is no use in me getting all upset and thinking about her all the time and wanting to track her down and shit. I mean, that's the entire reason that I got with Kim in the first place right? To forget and move on. I have to fall in love with Kim and that's exactly what I'm going to do.

This will be the last time I think about you, Ashlynn.

The absolute last time.

Goodbye.
Nine by god gave me style
Author's Notes:
here's chapter 9, thanks for all of the reviews!
Nine

Ashlynn

"I promise that I will do everything I can to help you out David." I say into the phone while shaking my head.

As my new client David continues to yap away, I look out of my glass doors and into the art department. My secretary, Donna, is typing away at her computer while smiling and talking into her earpiece. The rest of the artists are moving about the floor, conversing, laughing and sipping on their Starbucks. I close my eyes and sigh a little when I zone back into David. I would do anything to just get this man to shut up.

"Mmmhmm, okay, I got you David. There is no reason to be worried, the artist assigned to your account will have something for you tomorrow, I promise... Okay... mhmmm... have a good day David... okay, buh-bye."

I drop the phone back on it's cradle and let out a breath, thank god. David is really starting to get on my last damn nerve. I glance at the clock and then turn back to my computer to check the rest of my appointments when Donna taps on the door. I wave her in and smile when I spot my boss standing at her desk.

"Jack would like to speak to you Ashlynn, are you free?"

"I am. Hey, did you hear from Brandon about the Leisureman account?"

"Not yet, but he sent me an email yesterday telling me that he would have it on my desk by noon today."

"When he stops by, tell him I want to see him please." I say.

"Will do, I'll go get Jack."

A few seconds later, I stand up and reach out my hand when Jack steps into my office. He smiles widely at me and shakes my hand, "How is my new head of the art department doing?"

"Just fine Jack, how are you doing?"

"Just fine darling, just fine. I just wanted to come by and congratulate you."

I turn my head to the side a little and smile, "Congratulate? For what?"

"Well, in the short time you've been here you have really done a lot. We are more productive now, than we've ever been in the last ten years and that's all because of you. We would like to offer you a partner position in the company."

My mouth is literally agape right now, partner? He wants me to be partner? "Are you serious?" I ask.

He smiles again, "Yes, you are the biggest asset to this company and we don't want to loose you. I know that you like being hands on and that you like being involved with the clients so you would still be head of the art department. The only difference would be that your last name would be on the building and you'd be making a whole lot more money."

"Oh my god, I'm... I'm in shock. Thank you so much Jack."

"Well, what do you say?"

"Of course, yes, I would love to be partner."

"Wonderful, I'll set up a time with Donna to come back and get you all set up okay? Congratulations again."

We shake hands again and I can't wipe the grin off of my face, "Thank you so much Jack."

After Jack makes his exit, I plop back down into my chair. I'm going to be partner. I'm going to be partner at the number one advertising firm in the country. I can't believe it. I grab up the phone and dial a familiar telephone number.

"This is Chris."

"Baby?" I say, smiling.

"Hey Ash, what's going on honey?"

"You are never going to guess what just happened to me."

"What happened?"

"Jack just offered me partner."

"Are you serious? That's great babe!"

"I know, I haven't even been here a year and he's already offered me partner. I'm just floored right now."

"Well congratulations Ashlynn, we're gonna have to celebrate when you get home aren't we?"

A devilish smile spreads across my face, "What do you have mind?"

"You're just going to have to wait and see. I don't have very many deliveries left so I'll make it home before you tonight."

"Are you gonna cook me dinner?"

"You have to wait and find out. I've gotta go baby, love you."

"Love you."

I hang up the phone and smile a little more. Oh that man of mine. I know you're wondering about what happened after we left the beach. We had that little fight and I had my breakdown but we talked about it and we're over it. Actually saying goodbye to Justin, helped out a lot. I don't feel like I owe him anymore. Shit, I've barely thought about him since we've been back. That's a good sign right? Oh, and I've quit seeing Jackie, you know, my therapist. I've been paying her out the ass and I realized that she wasn't doing anything to help the situation. I mean, throwing flowers out into the ocean? That was a bunch of bullshit.

I try to return to my work but can't, I'm too excited and i'm supposed to meet Olivia for lunch in like, thirty minutes. I shut down my computer, close my laptop and throw it into my bag. I grab my suit jacket from the back of the chair and walk out of my office and over to Donna.

"I'm gonna call it a day Donna. When you see Brandon, pencil him in for tomorrow afternoon and just push the rest of my appointments until tomorrow."

"Okay boss, consider it done." She smiles.

"That's why I love you Donna."

"Don't I know it. Congratulations on making partner boss."

"Thanks girl and don't call me boss. It makes me sound old."

She laughs, "Sorry, have a nice day."

"Call me if anything comes up." I call to her as I walk toward the elevator.

I'm really hoping that she won't call me.

-----------***-----------

"They want you to be partner?! Holy shit Ash, that's huge!" Olivia says with a wide smile on her face.

"I know. I could barely contain myself, I called Chris as soon as Jack was out of my office."

"Aww, how cute." She whines as she stuffs more lettuce into her mouth.

I smile at her and start to concentrate on my meal when my phone rings, "Hello?"

"Boss?"

"Donna, don't call me boss."

"Sorry, Ashlynn, I have to ask you a question."

"Go ahead."

"I've got a potential client on the phone wanting to schedule an appointment but I'm checking everyone's schedules and they all have projects. I was wondering if maybe you would like to take this one."

I take a sip of water before I answer, "What are they looking for?"

"He's looking for the whole package. He says that they would like a new logo and lots of local advertising."

"What business are they in?"

"Automotive Repair."

"Do you even realize that I'm still here?" Olivia says loudly.

I shush her and roll my eyes, "Real mature. Donna?"

"Yes ma'me?"

"I'll take 'em. Pencil them in for me for tomorrow afternoon, around one or two okay?"

"Will do, that's all that I needed."

"Okay, hey, you can hold down the fort for me for the rest of the afternoon right? I think I'm gonna call it a day." I say.

"Sure thing, I'll see you tomorrow Ashlynn."

"Bye Donna."

I flip my phone shut and return it to my purse, while ignoring Olivia's death stare, "What the hell was so important that she had to call you on your lunch?"

"She got a call about some potential customers and all of the other agents are full at the moment. She was asking if I wanted to take their account personally."

"Well excuse me, miss thang. You get your last name glued onto the side of a building and you think you're the shit."

"Shut up!" I laugh and launch a little forkful of salad at her.

She dodges my assault and gives me a cold stare, "So what kind of account did you just take on?"

"I didn't much details, just that they want a new logo and need lots of local advertising."

"Cool, what kind of business are they in?"

"Automotive Repair."

She nods in agreement and takes another bite of her sandwich, "You know what would suck?"

"What that?" I ask.

"If it turned out to be Trace and you-know-who."

I roll my eyes and sigh loudly, causing her to erupt in laughter, "I think we've had enough run in's lately. I don't ever want to see either of them again." I say, leaning back into my chair.

"Just because his girlfriend called you a cunt?" She laughs even more.

"That's right, just because his bitch ass girlfriend slut called me a cunt. Skinny bitch, she doesn't know who she's fuckin' with, I'll beat a bitch down. I was raised in New York for half of my life, California hasn't changed my ghetto ways."

"I'm with you Ash, you just need to forget about it and move the hell on. You've got a good man now that takes care of you and a best friend that loves your ass. You don't need anything else."

"Well thank you Olivia. If this new account does turn out to be Trace and you-know-who, I'm gonna kill you."

"Me?" She asks with wide eyes, "Why me?"

"Because you jinxed me just now!"

"Oh puh-lease."

I laugh it off and we continue with our afternoon. When I get home that night, I walk into a dining room table full of good ass food. Two candles are lit and a congratulations card sits atop one of the dishes. My gorgeous boyfriend walks through the kitchen and into the dining room where he supplies me with one of his sweet smiles and pulls out my chair.

Lucky me.

Ten by god gave me style
Author's Notes:
here's 10, hope you like and thanks for all of the reviews!
Ten

Ashlynn

I feel good today. I'm looking damn good, I think I've lost a few pounds too. Chris saw me off this morning, not having to go in until late afternoon. The only reason I'm even at the office is because of this new account. Half the time, I can email my work or just call Donna from my big, beautiful couch but alas, today is not one of those days. I nod at a few of the artists who are busy chatting to their clients and working on their designs.

I settle into my office and get to work researching some other graphics that I did for some other auto shops so I have something to show these new guys. I loose myself in my research because when I look up again, it's one forty-five. I've got fifteen minutes to print this stuff off and get it into a nice portfolio. I call out to Donna to get me a binder and keep watching the clock.

At two o'clock on the dot, Donna chimes my office, letting me know that my new clients are waiting outside. I stand up and throw on my jacket and tell her to send them in. I hear her telling them to follow her and I look down to catch a glimpse at my appearance. Shit, one of my buttons are broken. Donna opens the door as I'm still fiddling with my button and calls out to me.

"Ms. Summers, here are Trace Ayala and Justin Timberlake, your two o'clock."

I freeze when the names leave her mouth. Surely she's playing with me. Yeah, she's just fucking around, I mean, I think I've told her about Justin. Fuck, I haven't told her anything about Justin. I raise me head slightly and meet four eyes that are just as wide as mine. Trace's mouth is wide open, like he's just seen a girl strip naked in front of him. My eyes slowly drift over to the pair that I'm most familiar with and he has that same expression as Trace. Donna obviously see's that something is quite wrong and quickly glances between myself and the two men.

"Ashlynn?" She says, her voice shaking.

I swallow harshly and let my mouth fall agape like Justin's and Trace's. What the fuck is going on here? How-why are they- holy fucking shit!

"Ashlynn, are you okay?" Donna says, walking over to me and putting her hand on my back, "Do you need some water or something? I don't understand what's going on?" She says looking back at Justin and Trace, who haven't moved since they walked into my office.

I open my mouth to speak but nothing comes out. I put my hand to my face and shake my head a little to break my body out of this shock, "Donna, come with me please."

I bolt passed Justin and Trace without making contact with my frazzled secretary behind me. Once we are outside my office and around the corner, I lean up against the wall and let out a shaky breath. Isn't it crazy how such a good day can turn south so quickly? Someone always so shit on my parade.

"Ashlynn, what the hell is going on? You look like you've seen a ghost!"

"Donna, I can't do this account."

She looks at me like I'm crazy, "What are you talking about, you haven't even talked to them yet."

I shake my head to affirm my point, "You don't understand, I cannot do this account, you have to find someone else."

"We don't have anyone else! You are the only one with the time to handle this account, and plus, they said they wanted the best and that's you. Why are you freaking out?" She half-screams at me.

"I know those two guys and I just-"

"So what if you know them? That should make the job easier, shouldn't it?"

"Not if I've had sex with one of them."

That must have really gotten her goat because she gives me a look that I can't really describe. It's like the deer caught in headlights look but with a twinge of confusion and desperation, "What?" she finally says.

"The one guy is my ex-boyfriend and let me just put it this way, it didn't end all that well." I say, closing my eyes and clutching my stomach.

"Oh my god," She says covering her mouth with her hand, "What- What do you wanna do about it? I'll tell them that you can't do it for... personal reasons."

"No!" I scream, "I- I don't want him to think that I'm weak or anything. I just... I don't know, let me think for a minute."

After a few minutes, she asks me quietly, "Was the cute one your boyfriend? The tall one?"

I don't open my eyes but slam my head into the wall three times, "Yes." I say lowly.

After a few more seconds, Donna says, "You have good taste."

"Donna! Now is not the time! Jesus, I'm fucked." I say.

"Sorry." She says.

"You know what? I'm better than this," I say, getting off of the wall and straightening myself, "I am an adult and I can handle this. I mean, I can't let personal reasons get in the way of making this company some money right?"

"Right." Donna agrees, shaking her head.

"Right, I'm a big girl, I- I- I can do this. I won't let him do this to me."

"Exactly, you are strong and you- you can get through this." Donna says, reassuring me.

"I am an adult, I can handle this, I just have to stay calm."

"Yep, just stay calm."

"Okay, I'm going back in. Do I look okay?" I ask her.

"You look beautiful Ashlynn."

"Yeah but do I look professional?"

"Yes. You look professional and beautiful." She says with wide eyes.

"Great."

I take a deep breath and then turn quickly on my heel. I walk back over to my door but my hand just won't reach up to the handle to open the door. I curse myself a little and shake out my hands and reach for the handle. Right before my palm comes in contact with the metal, I turn to run for this hills.

"I can't do this." I say, running straight into Donna.

"Yes you can! You are an adult remember? You don't want him to think that he still has control over you, go in there and do your thing!"

I shake my head no, "Donna-"

"No buts, march!" She says.

I whine a little and she pushes the door open for me, pushing me into the room. Trace and Justin still haven't sat down and jump a little when I'm thrust back into the room. When Justin lands his big eyes on me again, he looks away quickly and looks at Trace, desperately wanting Trace to do something. I walk between the two and back over to my desk and place my palms on the desk to keep myself from collapsing.

"What the fuck?" Trace says out of nowhere, looking at Justin.

"Ditto." I say dryly, looking down at the paperwork on my desk.

"Why are you here?" Trace asks.

"I work here idiot, what in the hell are you doing here?"

"We wanted some damn advertising but I think we are just gonna dip out and go somewhere else. Come on Jay."

"No, wait a minute," I say, "Please sit down."

"You know, that's really not necessary, we're just gonna-" Trace starts but I cut him off.

"No, please have a seat. I wanna say something."

It takes them a minute but they walk up to the two empty chairs that are sitting in front of my glass desk. They sit down by don't make eye contact. I clear my throat and keep my attention on Trace, "Listen, we are all adults here right? You guys need some advertising and we are the best firm in the country. Let's just put aside our differences and totally focus on the business aspect."

"You're not implying that you actually are going to work with us? After everything we've been through?" Justin speaks up, "I'm sorry but that is just to weird."

"I know, but like I said, we are adults and if you are willing to work with me on a business level, then I am willing to work with you on a business level."

"No, we are just gonna go some place else." Justin says, standing up, "Uh, thanks for your time."

"Don't be so childish, okay? Did you hear anything I just said?" I say.

He hardens his eyes at me, "Yes I did hear what you said. Am I telling you, that I don't want you working or being anywhere around me, got it?"

I scoff, "Fine, then you deal with someone else. But I guarantee you that you won't get half of your moneys worth if you don't go with me. But if you want to act like a five year old-"

"I'm not acting like a five year old. I am perfectly capable of being an adult, I just don't want you to get the wrong idea, I'm with Kim now."

I scoff again, "Did I say anything about her? I said that if you are willing to be professional and get down to business, I'm your woman. This is will a business relationship only, and once we're finished, we're finished." I say.

He stares at me with a disgusted look on his face but he can tell that I'm trying to be the better person. He can tell that I'm playing an ego game and that if he doesn't stand up, he'll loose. And, because I still know him like the back of my hand, he accepts and wants to play my little ego game, "Fine, you're hired, Ms. Summers."

"Wait, what?" Trace says, staring into the side of Justin's face.

Justin ignores him and outstretches his hand to me, "Business partners?" He says.

I take his hand and shake it roughly, "Business partners. If you'll step outside and speak to Donna, she'll set you up with another appointment sometime next week and we'll get started. Please, bring any suggestions or ideas that you think of between now and then Mr. Timberlake."

"I will." He grabs a card off of my desk and slips it into his back pocket, "We'll see you next week Ms. Summers."

"Until then, Mr. Timberlake and Mr. Ayala. Have a good day." I add with a smile on my face.

Trace is still as lost as ever as they walk out of my office. I fall into my chair and hold my breath as my mind goes over what just happened.

What in the hell have I just gotten myself into? I grab my phone and dial the familiar number.

"This is Olivia."

"I'm going to kill you, you jinxed me!" I say, running my fingers through my hair.

"What? Ashlynn?"

"Remember what you said to me yesterday? About Justin and Trace?"

"Yeah, but I was just- no fucking way!" She says.

"Yes, fucking way, Justin fucking Timberlake and Trace Ayala are my new clients."

"Oh shit! I'm a jinx, aren't I?"

"Yeah, fuck you." I say, harshly into the phone.

"I'm coming over after work. And fuck you." She says right before she hangs up on me.

Bitch. I should have known yesterday, as soon as the damn words left her mouth that I should have punched her. I might still punch her, you know, just for fun. To make me feel better.

-----------***-----------

Justin

I set up the appointment with Ashlynn's cute ass secretary Donna and ignore Trace's questions until we are out of earshot.

"Why in the hell did you just do that Justin? Why in the fuck would you want to work with her?"

"Because Trace, she's playing a game. She wants us to see how well she's doing and how I don't effect her anymore. If she wants to play, we'll play."

"That was the stupidest thing you have ever done in your life, do you know that? Do you know how hard it is going to be having to be with Ashlynn all of the goddamn time? And Kim is not going to be very happy when she finds out that you are working with your ex-girlfriend."

"No she won't, I'll make her understand."

He scoffs and throws in his hands in the air as we walk into the elevator, "And how are you going to do that dick face?"

"Like I said earlier, If Ashlynn wants to play games, then we'll play right back."

Trace shakes his head and crosses his arms over his chest, "You've fucking lost it, you know that? You've just made our lives a living hell."

I'm not worried, I'm ready to play. Ashlynn has already stepped up to the plate, I just have to throw her some curve balls and show her whose boss.

Round One had officially begun.

Eleven by god gave me style
Eleven

Ashlynn

"I'm not sure I want you doing this Ash." Chris says from his spot on my couch.

It's the day before my meeting with Justin and Trace and I'm pulling out all of the stops for this account. I don't think I've done a better job on any other account that I've had. If I weren't me, I would be jealous right now. Plus, I wanna knock Justin's fucking socks off.

"What did you say Chris?" I say, not even looking up from my laptop.

"I said, I'm not sure that I want you to take on their account. I'm just not comfortable with it."

I sigh a little, "Chris, this is going to be a business relationship only. I want to show him that I am completely, 100% over him and that I can deal with him in a professional way."

"Why are you so obsessed with showing him that you are over him? And would you please stop working for five minutes and talk to me?"

I don't even notice that he's gotten up from the couch and walked over to me. I jump as he slams my computer shut and grabs my wrist, dragging me over to the couch. He plops down and then forces me to sit on top of him and he wraps his arms around me, "You know I love you right?" He asks.

"Yes, I do."

"So why do you want to spend all of your time with this jerk?"

I sigh again, "Chris, this has nothing to do with our relationship. He knows that I'm seeing you and I know that he's seeing someone else. We are over each other and he wants to play this little ego game with me so I'm going to play right back. You know I'm not very good at backing down from anything."

I look into his big, brown eyes and smile to assure him that I'm telling him the truth, while trying to hide my thoughts at how good Justin looked the other day. Chris gives me a little smile and rolls his eyes, "I know you're not good at backing down and I trust you."

I peck him on the lips and climb out of his arms, "Good, now let me get back to work, please. I'm not even half way done yet."

We return to our quiet evening and I walk Chris out at around twelve thirty. I return to my work, making sure that every page is in the right order, and everything looks great before I climb the stairs up to my bedroom. I pick out my outfit for the next day and hang it on my bathroom door. While I'm climbing under the covers, I'm already envisioning my make up and my hairstyle for my upcoming day.

I'm going to knock him right on his ass tomorrow.

I hope he doesn't wear the pink polo that I love so much. He looks so damn good in it. Fuck, stop it Ashlynn. Chris is all you need. Chris is all that I need.

Damn, I'm fucked.

-----------***-----------

I check myself one last time before I straighten out all of the portfolios and ideas that I printed out the night before. I glance at the clock again, thirteen minutes. Donna has come in and asked me if I'm going to be okay about one hundred times today and it's kinda sweet but she's starting to piss me off. I don't need any one else to doubt me, I'm doing that enough right now.

"Here's a glass of water Ashlynn. Listen, you are going to do great, I know it."

"Thanks Donna, do I look okay."

She shakes her head enthusiastically, "I love what you did with your hair."

I run my fingers through the curls that took me almost an hour to achieve and let out a sigh of relief, "Thanks. Let me know when they get here?"

"Will do."

I glance back at the clock; eight minutes. My stomach drops a little but I sit down and try not to think about anything but dazzling the shit out of Justin. He is going to wish that he never stepped into this office.

The eight minutes go by way to quickly and before I know it, Donna voice is floating from the phone, telling me that 'Mr. Timberlake and Mr. Ayala are waiting outside my office.'

"Let 'em in Donna."

A few seconds later, Donna pushes open the door and allows Justin and Trace to step inside my office. I stand from my seat and plaster a smile on my face and extend my arm. Trace still looks as uncomfortable as every but he takes my hand anyway and gives me a polite and quiet Hello. I look back at Justin, he's wearing the pink polo that I love so much. The same pink polo that I bought for him, I knew he would do it.

And he knows that I know that he would do it because he has that smug smile on his face. You know the one,the
I-know-you-love-this-shirt-on-me-look. I hate him. I outstretch my hand to him anyway and make my smile even wider, "Mr. Timberlake."

He grabs my hand harshly and shakes it, "Ms. Summers, I like what you did to your hair."

I know you do, "Would you two like some coffee or something?" I ask, ignoring his comment.

"I'd love some, black." Justin says, staring me right in the eyes.

"Donna, could you bring Mr. Timberlake some black coffee please?"

She nods and quickly exits the room. I smile again and sit down back at my desk. I throw my hair over my shoulder and look back up at the two of them, "Lets get down to business shall we? I've taken the liberty in preparing some portfolios for you two look at, so you can get an idea of what you are looking for." I say motioning to the booklets at the edge of the desk.

Justin grabs two of the books and throws one at Trace. They glance through them for a minute while Donna sets Justin's coffee down at the edge of my desk, "I don't like any of this." Justin says, taking a sip of coffee.

"What do you mean, you don't like any of it?" I ask, through my gritted teeth.

"I don't like any of this stuff. I want something more original." He says, sitting back into the chair.

"Well, I kinda like this one-"

"Shut up Trace." Justin says, not breaking his eye contact with me.

That asshole. If he only knew how fucking long I worked on this shit, I stayed at Kinkos all damn night of Friday to get this shit printed off. But, I won't let him break me, I won't, "Fine, what is it that you would like your new logo to look like and what kind of ideas you have for advertising?"

So, for the next hour and a half Justin and I argue back and forth about what he wants, and what I can do. First, he says he wants the main color to be red. Then, I drew a quick sketch, with my red marker, because he said he wanted red and then all of a sudden, he wanted everything to be blue. Trace just sat there like a bump on a log as his eyes darted between me and Justin.

"You know what," I say, "I'm just sketching what you tell me you want, and then you go and change your damn mind. What is it that you want, Justin?"

"Are you suppose to refer to me by first name? It's not like we know each other outside of business." He says, raising his eye brown at me.

"I will refer to you by any name that I want, this is my office. Do you see my name on the desk here? That means, I call the fucking shots around here."

"I don't think that you should use language like that with a client." He says.

I suck on my teeth and turn to Trace, "Mr. Ayala-"

"Just call me Trace, Ash, Jesus."

"Fine, Trace, did you see anything that you liked?"

He puts his head in his hands, "Please don't put me in the middle, I'm exhausted just watching you two."

I click my nails on the desk and close my eyes, "I think we should just... call it a day and set up something else for another time. Then, that will give you guys time to think of what you want."

Justin stands abruptly and turns and walks right out of the office. Trace, on the other hand, stands up slowly, picks up one of the booklets he was flipping through and looks up at me, "Do you mind if I take this with me?"

"It's no problem."

"I'm sure I can get him to warm up to something in here, just let me talk to him. Thanks for your time Ash."

I smile genuinely at him, I thought that he was going to be a bigger prick than Justin but I was very wrong, "No problem Trace."

He offers me a small smile and walks out behind Justin. Um, I guess that went well? Damn, instead of knocking it out of the park, I walked him. Hmm, I guess watching baseball with Chris is paying off a little.

-----------***-----------

"You haven't told her yet have you?" Trace asks me as I throw the two booklets he bought from Ashlynn's office into my desk drawer.

"What are you talking about?" I asked, locking the drawer.

"You haven't told Kim that we're working with Ashlynn. That's why you're locking those books up."

"That's not true." I say.

"Do I look like an asshole? I've been your best friend since birth."

I sigh loudly and rub my forehead, "No, I haven't told her yet." Trace chuckles but I cut him off before he can say anything smart, "Listen, she would freak out if she found out, okay? I don't need that shit right now."

"Dude, you're the one that wanted to play this game. You are the one that said you wanted to show Ashlynn that you've moved on and blah, blah, blah. This is all on you."

"Do you not think that I know that? Ashlynn started with me the other day-"

"No, she didn't. She freaked out just as much as you did when we walked into that office. You're just being an asshole."

"What is with you Trace? One minute you hate her, the next you love her. Pick a damn side."

He throws up his hands in defeat and grabs his keys off of the desk, "Whatever man, I'm going. We have another meeting with Ashlynn on Thursday, don't forget."

"Oh, I won't."

Twelve by god gave me style
Twelve

Ashlynn

Okay, I've had six meetings with Justin and Trace. Do you want to know how much I've gotten done? NOTHING. Not one damn thing because everything I suggest, Justin shoots down. So, I'm sitting here, trying to come up with something so we can get this project off of the ground. But everything else has been good; Chris is good, Olivia is good. She has a new boyfriend now and I never did find out what happened to Braxton.

A few minutes later, I loose myself in my sketches and bob my head to the radio that's playing softly. My shoes are kicked off and underneath my desk and my jacket is thrown over the back of one of the chairs. I toss the colored pencil to the side and cock my head to the side as I smooth the colors together with my fingers. The fucker better like this or I swear to God, I'm gonna-

"Ashlynn?" Donna says, after knocking on the door and poking her head in.

"Yeah?"

"Uh... Mr. Timberlake is here to see you."

My eyes dart up from the paper and up to her wide eyes, "He's what?" I say in disbelief.

"He's... here... to see you."

"Like right now? We don't have another meeting until tomorrow, what is he doing here now?" I say more to myself than to her as I jump from my seat and run to grab my jacket.

"That's what I said to him, he just said that he wanted to talk to you. Do you want me to tell him that you're on a call?"

I throw my jacket on and then run back to my desk and slip into my shoes. I then strand up straight and begin tossing my hair around as I stare into the mirror on the wall, "Do I look okay?"

Donna dashes from the door and to my side in an instant, throwing the files in her hand on the desk. Her hands then go to work on my hair, pulling and pushing at it quickly, throwing some over my shoulder, "There. You ready?" She says while stepping back to inspect her work.

"Yes. Let him in, please."

As she disappears, I smooth my jacket down with my palms and then sit down and pretend to work on something. A few seconds later, Donna knocks on the door and pushes it open so Justin can enter. I take a deep breath before looking up at him and leaning back in my chair.

"Justin." I say indifferently.

"Ashlynn." He says the same way before sitting down in front of my desk.

"Would you like any coffee Mr. Timberlake? Ashlynn?" Donna asks.

"No thank you." He says, giving her a sweet smile.

I wave her off and before I know it, it's just me and Justin in that big old office. I don't like it, "So?" I say, folding my hands together.

He runs a hand through his short hair, "I uh, I just wanted to talk to you about something."

"Well, I thought our meeting was scheduled for tomorrow."

"It's not about work." He says looking me square in the eye.

I swallow harshly, not about work? What the fuck is going on right now? I clear my throat and try and stay calm, "What do you mean?"

"I just... I don't know why, but I've been thinking a lot about what you said when we were on the beach that night. And I just want to apologize to you for the way that Kim and I acted. You're right, I had no business talking to her about our situation and she shouldn't have said those things to you. And I'm sorry about being such a dick to you when it comes to our account with you. You're a great designer and I was just trying to be difficult." He sighs and leans back in the chair, keeping his dark blue eyes on me, "I'm sorry."

My mouth hangs open in disbelief as my eyes leave his and glance around the room. Did I just hear him right? He's apologizing? To me? My God, he must have slipped and bumped his head or something.

"I uh...uh... thanks?" I say, scratching my head.

He chuckles a little and places his elbows on the edge of the desk, leaning into me a little. He then starts to chew on his lip and just... looks at me. He's got something else to say but he's debating on whether or not he wants to say it.

"I feel bad." He finally says, quietly.

"About what?"

He clears his throat, "About the way I've been treating you. It's not fair and I'm sorry."

I then begin to bite my lip and suddenly, it all becomes clear to me what he's doing. I laugh a little and stand up, "You know what? You can leave."

"What?" He says, genuinely surprised.

"I don't need your pity, okay Justin? I don't need you to feel bad for me, I'm just fine."

"What are you talking about? I'm trying to-"

"No, I know what you're trying to do! You're trying to make yourself feel better because you think that you hurt my feelings. And like I just said, I don't need your pity, I don't need your apologies and I don't. need. you. Now get out." I say loudly, walking over to the door.

He stops me before I can reach the glass door, wrapping his hand around my arm and pulling my back toward him, "I'm trying to apologize because I've been treating you badly, not because I need to make myself feel better."

"I don't believe you."

"I don't want to hurt you!" He screams, letting me go, "That's why I feel bad because I don't want you to hurt anymore. For some reason, it tears me up inside because I know that I hurt you in more ways than one." He runs a hand through his hair again and steps back a little, "I don't think this business thing is gonna work out, so I'm just gonna let Trace handle it from now on."

He steps past me and walks out, leaving me speechless. My chest rises and falls harshly as I digest his words. I walk numbly back to my desk and fall into my chair as confusion begins to flood my body. I don't understand what this means, I don't know what he wants from me. I run my hand over my face but instantly begin to regret my harsh words to him.

Maybe he did mean it.

Maybe he genuinely is sorry for what he and that bitch Kim said to me. Could my life get anymore complicated? Just when I think that everything between us is just business, he goes and throws more fucking emotion into it.

Fuck me.
thirteen by god gave me style
Thirteen

Ashlynn

I pull up outside of their shop and just sit for a second. Trace just decided to tell me that Justin always stays until about nine or ten o'clock on Friday nights because he likes to organize the receipts for the week. Why I'm here, I really don't know. I haven't been able to stop thinking about what he said to me the other day, and it's been driving me fucking crazy.

I shut off the car and step out into the dusk. I lower my sunglasses a bit and look around. I push them back up on my nose and walk over to the half open bay door, bending over and slipping into the garage. I hear nothing but my high heels clicking against the floor as I walk slowly toward his office. I reposition my purse on my shoulder and stop just outside the half-open door. I close my eyes and take a deep breath.

This could turn into a disaster.

I lean over and spot him behind his desk, concentrating on the papers before him. I knock softly on the door frame and smile slightly when he looks up at me. His face morphs into a shocked expression as I lean against the door frame.

"You know, you should really close that bay door. Anybody could just walk in."

"What are you doing here?" He asks.

"I wanted to... can I come in?"

He nods and I push into the office, closing the door behind me, "Listen, I'm going to make this quick so you can get back to your work. I've been thinking about what you said the other day, and I just want to say that I'm sorry for not believing you. And that I truely do appreciate what you said."

He drops his pencil and rubs his hands together, "Thank you." he says quietly.

I shrug and smile again, "Well, that's really all I wanted to say so I'll leave you alone."

I turn on my heel and go to reach for the door knob when his voice stops me, "Have you eaten dinner yet?"

I turn back around, "No."

He stands and grabs his wallet and keys from the desk, "Is Harley's okay?"

I stare at him for a second, "Wait, you want me to go with you? What about... Kim?"

"What about her? We are just going to go have dinner."

See? I told you this could turn out to be disastrous.

-----------***-----------


"I can't believe you still come here." I say as the waitress sits us down at one of the booths in the back.

"I love this place, you know that. They've got the best burger in the world."

"Yeah, yeah."

It grows silent between us as we glance through the menus. I kinda hate to say this, but it's kinda... nice. You know, like, the old times, when we were friends. The little waitress comes back and takes our orders and then hurries away again. I glance over at the older couple that walks in and hobbles to their table. Within minutes, a sprite is slid in front of me and a coke in front of Justin. The waitress offers a small smile and then disappears again to help someone else.

I tap my foot a bit and sip on my soda. This is getting kind of awkward. We're not saying anything, just glancing around each other because I think we are both realizing that this whole dinner thing together was a bad idea. I mean, what the hell are we going to-

"How long have you been seeing Chris?" He asks suddenly.

I'm a little caught off guard, "Umm... I don't know like, seven or eight months now, maybe even more."

"Time really flies huh?" He said uncomfortably, shifting in his seat.

I nod a smile awkwardly. It gets silent between us again as we sip on our soda's. After a couple more minutes, I decide to end this, whatever this is and grab my purse, "You know, I think I'm gonna go."

"Why?" He asks as I stand up, following me with his eyes.

"Because, you know, there is really no reason to force anything here. We not, together anymore, we really don't have anything in common anymore, and we're not friends anymore. This is just... a business relationship now."

He nods and puts his head down a little. He rubs a finger against the table as he looks back up at me, "I think you're right. We should just stick to being business partners."

I nod, "Okay then. So..."

He nods a couple of times and then stands up and offers his hand, "I guess this is goodbye then."

I shake his hand lightly and smile one last time. I drop his large hand and the throw my purse over my shoulder. The clicking of my heels is really the only thing that I hear as I exit the diner and walk over to my car. I throw open the car door, toss my purse into the passengers side and plop down behind the wheel.

I want to turn the car on and leave, but some reason, I can't. Something is holding me there, as much as I don't want to admit it. I even put the key in the ignition; but when I go to turn it, it's like the damn thing won't turn. I put both hands on the wheel and slam my head into it; why the fuck is this happening? Why can't anything in my life just be easy for once?

I know that I fucked Justin over with the whole leaving thing, but is God trying to punish me know or something? I get the point God, I've been a bad girl. I lean back in the seat and push harshly on the key, silently smiling when I hear the engine purr to life. I just need to go home, cuddle with Chris and forget everything that happened today.

I throw the car into reverse and am about to let my foot off of the break when a knock at my window startles me. I roll it down and give him a strange look, "Yeah?"

"Don't go, okay, please?"

"Justin, I-"

"Can't we just try and be friends? There is too much stuff between us for us not to be." He sighs and looks around the parking lot for a second, "I really want to be your friend."

I bite my lip, "But how? Kim hates me, Chris doesn't like you. It's not like I can just go home and be like hey honey, I'm inviting Justin and Kim over for dinner because we're friends now. It doesn't work like that."

"Who says that they have to be involved? Just because we are seeing other people doesn't mean that they get to dictate whether we become friends or not. We have a lot of history that happened before Kim and Chris where in the picture. I think it would be healthy, for both of us, to put all of that shit behind us and be friends."

Well, Justin always did have a way with words and he always knew how to make a point. As much as I want to tell him no, I know that he's right. It'll be the only way that we'll have a chance to really get over each other and be with other people, "Okay."

He smiles that gorgeous smile of his and holds his hand out to me, "Can we finish dinner now? The food is getting cold."

I nod and laugh a little as I turn off the car and step out into the California night with him. I was wrong. Instead of this being a disaster, it's beginning to turn into a beautiful relationship.

We ended up talking for hours, about work and family and bunch of other crap until we realized what time it was. We departed around eleven thirty, promising to do it again sometime. I pull into the driveway about twenty minutes later and walk in the house to find a mad Emma.

"I'm sorry baby, let's go outside."

I pop her outside for a second and listen to my messages while keeping an eye on her, "Hey baby it's me. I don't know where you are but I guess you're still at the office. I dropped by to see if we could do dinner but, you weren't there. Anyway, give me a call when you get home workaholic. Bye baby."

Without a second thought, I grab the phone and dial his familiar number. It rings a couple of times before he answers, "Hey girl."

"Hey boy, sorry about tonight. I stayed late at the office to get some stuff done and then had dinner."

"Who did you have dinner with?" He asks, yawning into the phone.

"A client." I say, evasively.

"Are you gonna tell me their name?" He chuckles.

I sigh and twirl a loose hair around my finger, "Oh, you wouldn't know them."

Let the lies begin.
fourteen by god gave me style
Author's Notes:
sorry it took me so long, i've been quite busy with work and school. but here it is, tell me what you think.
Fourteen

Ashlynn

"Trace, Justin, how are you guys?" I greet them with a smile as they file into my office.

"We are tremendous, how are you?" Justin says, shaking me hand a little before sitting down.

I smile widely at him and sit down myself, "I'm wonderful, thank you."

Trace's wide eyes glance between the two of us as that what-the-fuck-is-going-on look takes over his features, "What the fuck is going on with you two? One minute you can't stand each other, the next you're smiling all up in each others faces."

"Well, we talked a little, and we decided to be nice to each other." I say, swaying back and forth a little in my chair.

"Fuckin' crazy asses." he mumbles.

I giggle a little, "Anyway, let's get down to business, shall we? Did you guys like my last proposal?"

"We did actually, the logo is exactly what we wanted and the color scheme is perfect, right?" Justin says, glancing over at Trace.

Trace nods and I smile, "Good, so if it's okay with you guys, I'll send it to the artistic team and they'll start on your new pamphlets and books, and then we'll get a bid to see how much a new sign will cost."

"That sounds great. How long do you think that'll take?" Trace asks.

"The pamphlets and books will depend, how many did you say you wanted?" I ask while flipping through some pages in their file, "5,000 pamphlets and books, right?"

"Yeah." They say in unison.

"Umm... probably like three or four weeks. Once they make the very first copy, I'll send it you so you can approve it and then everything will go from there. And then the sign will probably take the same amount of time once we get the bid."

They nod and talk a bit amongst themselves for a second, "That sounds great. You have anything for us to sign?"

"Not yet, in a couple of days I'll have all of that. I'll just fax it to you."

"And we'll be sending a business check in the next couple days. So I guess that wraps everything up then?" Justin asks while standing and reaching out his hand.

"Yep, it was great seeing you guys again."

"You too. How's Chris?"

"He's fine, thanks, and Kim?"

He grins and lets go of my hand, "Wonderful, thanks."

"Alrighty, well, I'll talk to you guys soon, okay? Have a nice day guys."

Trace smiles a bit and then shakes my hand as well, "You too girl. Bye."

I wave one last time, then sit back down and start to scribbles notes on their folder. Once, I'm finished, I shut the manila folder, and shove it back in it's place in my desk. That was actually bearable, wasn't it? Justin and I acting civil toward each other? He was right, we can be friends and Chris and Kim shouldn't have anything to do with that. And then When the time is right, maybe Justin and I could re-introduce ourselves to our significant others and we could start out on the right foot.

Yeah, that sounds nice.

-----------***-----------

A couple days later, as I'm walking out of the office after a long ass day, Donna stops me with the copies of Justin and Trace's pamphlets, the bid from the sign guy, and all of the other paperwork. I thank her, and toss the folder under my arm as I make my way out to my car. I stop by the grocery store on my way home and then make the rest of the trek to my driveway.

After making a couple of trips from the car to the kitchen, I've finally gotten everything unloaded. I let Emma outside and listen to my messages, as I kick out of my shoes and start to unload the grocery bags.

"Hey babe, it's Chris. I'm just calling to let you know that I made it to Vegas and that I'll be thinking about you all weekend. I'll see you Tuesday, love you."

I smile at the message as the machine beeps and then cuts off. My man loves me. I pick up the phone and am about to call him when my eyes land on Justin and Trace's folder on the counter. I should probably call Justin before I forget or the papers get all chewed up by Emma. I search through my blackberry for Justin's number and then I dial as the water for my asparagus begins to boil.

"This is Justin."

"Hey, it's Ashlynn."

"Hey girl, how are you?"

"I'm good, how are you?"

"Wonderful. What's up?"

"Well, I just wanted to let you know that the art department printed off the first copy of your pamphlet and I have the bid for your new sign."

"Awesome, did you fax them already?"

"No, not yet. Donna handed them to me right as I was walking out. I was calling to see if you wanted me to drop them off to you?"

"Umm, no, that's fine. I could swing by and pick them up if that's okay? I have to drive up to San Diego this weekend anyway."

"Are you sure? I could just leave them with Trace?" I say, stirring the asparagus and then shoving the port chops into the oven.

"No, no it's fine. I have to be in San Diego by the morning so I was gonna leave tonight anyway. You said you live in Crescent Hills, right?"

"Yep, 1435 Sallinger Street."

"Good deal. Okay, I just gotta finish packing and then I should be through in Long Beach in like an hour, is that okay?"

I nod, "Yep, that's perfect. I'll see you soon."

"Okay Ash, see you soon."

We hang up and resume cooking dinner and changing into some more comfortable clothes. About an two hours later, I glance at the clock and then stare back at the TV. It's not the long of a drive from Los Angeles to Long Beach, and when Justin says he'll be somewhere in an hour, he's there in an hour. But since we talked on the phone, it started raining cats and dogs. Apparently Hurricane Gustav is moving from the ocean to inland. Maybe is traffic.

But then, another hour passes and still no word from Justin. I get up from my place on the coach and move to the kitchen. It's still raining like crazy and the trees are being whipped around like rag dolls in all of the wind. I walk back into the living room and change the channel to the weather station. I'm starting to get worried, what if he was in an accident or something? Damn it, I should have just dropped the folder off on my way home.

I grab the phone and begin to dial his cell when the doorbell rings. I drop the phone like it's a hot potato and race to the door. I throw it open and gasp when I get a glimpse of the drenched Justin, "Oh my god, what happened to you?" I say, as I usher him inside and take his bag from him.

"My piece of shit fucking car decided to just fucking break down on me on Wilshire. I've been out in the fucking rain for two goddamn hours trying to get the piece of shit to start again."

"Why didn't you call me? I would have come to pick you up. You are drenched." I say, running to the linen closet to grab him a towel.

"I did. The phone rang once before it fucking died on me."

I jog back over to him and wrap one of the towels around his shoulders. I hand him a second one and he begins to dry himself. I rub his back a little and realize that he's shaking, "Your shaking, you need to take a hot shower and get out of those wet clothes before you freeze to death."

"Are you sure, I don't want to get in your way." He says.

"Of course, you can't stay in those clothes all night. Come with me."

I walk Justin through the house and into my bathroom, "I'll heat up some left overs for you okay? Just take your time."

"Okay, thanks Ash."

"It's no problem."

I shut the bathroom door behind me and wait a few minutes before going back in and picking up his wet clothes. I throw them in the dryer before walking back into the kitchen and digging through the refrigerator for the left overs. I glance down at Emma, who is staring up at me with those big brown eyes of hers.

"It's okay honey, he's a nice man."

About twenty minutes later, Justin emerges from my bedroom in a baby blue Carolina Panthers hoodie, and gray sweatpants. He smiles softly and runs a hand through his short curls as he walks into the kitchen and sits at the bar.

"Feel better?" I ask, as I pull the food from the oven.

"Much. Thanks again."

"It's no problem." I say, focusing on spooning out a portion of each dish onto his plate.

"Do you think you could drive me to a hotel for the night? I figured the rain will probably clear up by the morning and I can get someone to look at my car."

I push the plate of food in front of him and turn around to grab him a glass, "You can stay here if you want. It's so nasty and dark outside and you'll catch a cold if you go back out in it. I'll make up the guest room for you."

"No, I don't want to put you out."

"It's really no problem. Please, just stay. It'll make me feel better." I say, pouring him a glass of apple juice, his favorite.

He takes a bite of his port chop and guzzles down the juice before looking back up at me with those crystal blue eyes, "Are you sure it's no problem?"

"I'm positive."

"Okay, thank you."

"You're welcome."

We talk as I bustle around the kitchen and living room, cleaning up and washing dishes as he eats. And to think that just one week ago, we were fighting like a cat and mouse. But now, the rooms are filled with our laughter and voices, like nothing has even happened between us. He gets up from his seat and walks around the bar and places his plate and silverware into the water.

"Here, I'll wash it." I say, going to grab for it.

"No, no, I got it. You sit."

He bumps me with his hip and I swat at him a little before walking back into the living room and plopping down on the couch. A few seconds later, Justin walks in behind me and sits down.

"She's cute, what's her name?" He says, scratching Emma behind the ear.

"Emma. How's Marty?"

"Oh he's great. He's gotten so big." He chuckles.

"I know, he did look big when I saw him on the beach that day."

He grunts a little and continues to play with Emma, "Oh fuck, I should Kim, she's probably worried. Do you mind?"

I shake my head, "No, not at all. I'll uh, make up your room while your on the phone with her so you can have some privacy."

"Thank Ash. Thanks for everything, really."

I smile as I stand from the couch, "Stop thanking me. That's what friends are for right?"

Well, Hurricane Gustav was not the only storm that blew through town that weekend. I was just too ignorant to see it coming.

fifteen by god gave me style
Author's Notes:
sorry again, you know, life, school, work, same old shit. but hey, somebody nominated this story at the nsyncfiction awards! thank you to whoever did that and here's chapter 15...
Fifteen

Ashlynn

Hurricane Gustav is really starting to cause some trouble for us Californians. Not only did the rain not stop, it got worse, way worse. It got so bad, that the weatherman suggested that we only go out if it's an emergency. Businesses are shutting down, the state police have shut down some of the highways and the Governor wants us to start boarding up our houses.

"They just said that they might start evacuating Los Angeles and Long Beach if it continues to get worse." Justin calls from the living room.

I glance out the windows into the dark environment and throw on my white hoodie, "It's still coming down pretty hard out there."

I grab the two plates and walk back into the living room, handing him one of them, "Have you talked to Kim today?" I ask, biting into my sandwhich.

"Yeah, she's doing alright. I uh, I told her I was staying with a friend."

"Yeah, when I was on the phone with Chris last night, he heard you talking and I told him it was the TV." I chuckle a little.

"You little liar you."

"Whatever! You did the same thing." I say, swatting at his shoulder and laughing a little.

"I know, I know. I just don't want any drama you know? I mean, you and I are allowed to be friends. And shit, it's not like I knew my car was gonna break down in the middle of a hurricane. I just knew that she would start some shit if I told her the truth." He says, glancing between me and the tv every so often.

"Same here. Listen, I don't want to get to deep or anything, but I'm kinda glad that you and I are on good terms now. Like you said, we shouldn't stop being friends because some bad shit happened like a year ago."

He smiles and squeezes my hand before returning to his sandwhich and the basketball game. I can't help but watch him as he chews on his food and grunts as the Lakers take the ball down the court. Kim is one lucky ass bitch, I'll tell you that. He's still just as gorgeous as he was the day he moved into my neighborhood. Old memories begin to float back into my head as I think back to the old days. We would cuddle up on the couch, legs intertwined as we watched TV. Being wrapped up in his hard, chisled body as we laughed together. I could still practically feel his lips on my neck, his hot breath tickling my skin as-

"Ash? Are you okay?" He asked, looking at me like I had two heads.

"Oh yeah, sorry, I just spaced out there for a second."

He smiles and then returns his gaze back to the tv. I stand up and walk into the kitchen as embarrassment washes over me. Good god, what just got into me just then? I need to stop this. I mean, I have no idea how long we are going to be staying together but I don't need to freak out and stare at him like a crazy ass. Plus, Chris is all the man that I need. He's sexy and smart and ... oh god, now I'm comparing them. Stop it Ashlynn!

"Hey Ashlynn? I'm gonna shower and get ready for bed okay?" He calls as he rounds the corner to the guestroom.

"Okay."

After about half an hour, I finish up in the kitchen and am about to get ready for bed myself when I pass by the cracked open door of Justin's room. I glance up and then stop dead in my tracks as my eyes catch a naked and still wet Justin. I step a little closer to the wall, and push the door ever so slightly as he starts to dry himself off, rubbing the material over his muscular frame.

I unconsciously lick my lips as I take in his gorgeousness. My body tightens as he back muscles tense and flex as he drys. I fight the urge to walk up behind him and flatten my palms against his broad back, and breathe him in. To suck the beads of water from his shoulders and chest, while taking a fistfull of his wet curls in my hand.

He then drops the towel to the floor and turns around to give me a frontal view of him. My eyes instantly drop to... Justin Jr. and my lungs tighten immediately. I like having sex with Chris but... he's no Justin that department. Chris lacks... size and... thickness, if you know what I mean. Justin pulls on his boxers and sweatpants and then disappears into the bathroom.

Finally being able to move again, I slip silently past his door and then walk into my own bedroom. Once the door is closed, I slam my head against it; a loud thud echoing off of the walls. You are talking to a sick, perverted woman. My body is all tingly and tight; I can barely breathe. But I shouldn't be looking and thinking about Justin like this, I have a man. A strong, sexy, man, who loves me and whom I think that I could possibly... love.

Fuck.

I cant... I just need to... I'm gonna shower. And I'm gonna lock myself in this room until Hurricane Gustav decided to lighten up and go back into the goddamn ocean. There will be no thinking of naked, wet Justin, none at all.

No naked, wet Justin.
No naked, wet Justin.
No naked, wet Justin.

Fuck, I just thought about a naked, wet Justin.

-----------***-----------

Justin

I walk out of Ashlynn's guest bedroom and notice that her door is shut. I walk out into the living room and plop down on the couch and grab my now fully charged phone. I scroll through my contacts list and hit 'call' when it lands on Kim's name.

"Hey baby." She says, yawning into the phone.

"Hey sweets, I'm sorry, did I wake you?"

"Yeah, but that's okay. Are you still stranded?"

I nod, "Yeah, but at least I got my car. I called Triple A and they towed it to Ash- I mean, Mike's place." I close my eyes and pray that she didn't catch my little slip up.

"Oh well that's good. So what's the plan from here on out? The rain isn't going to let up for at least a few more days."

"Yeah," I say, readjusting myself on the couch, "I think I'll just stay here until it quiets down and then I'll make my way home. So much for my meeting, huh?"

She giggles softly, "Yeah, well, they'll understand. Try and be safe okay? Think about me lots while your there."

"Of course I'll think about you baby. You're my sweet thang. You be safe as well okay, try not to leave the house unless it's an emergency."

"Yeah, my work sent out a mass email today saying that we're closed until further notice." Kim says, yawning again.

"You sound tired so I'll let you go back to sleep. Sleep well and I'll call you tomorrow baby."

She laughs again, "Okay, love you."

My breath hitches in my throat when the words leave her mouth, "Um, okay, bye."

I hang up quickly and toss the phone next to me. She's been saying that a lot lately, I love you. I can't... well, I haven't really said it back, not that I don't want to, it just feels weird. I don't know, I don't really want to talk about it. And the whole lying about here I'm staying thing, it's really not that bad. I mean, like I told Ashlynn, I don't want any freaking drama. Ashlynn is being so nice and letting me stay with her and nothing is going to happen because we've both come to terms with us being friends; just friends. I'll never mention it to Kim and Ashlynn will never mention it to Chris. Everybody wins.

Emma jumps up beside me and lays her head on my lap, looking for a little attention. I smile and scratch her back, "I should probably get a little work done, shouldn't I honey? Huh, should I get some work done?"

She licks my hand and then jumps off of the couch and disappears around the corner. I get up and walk out into the garage where my broken down piece of shit sits next to Ashlynn's car. The rain still pounds against the house as I dig through the backseat to grab my messenger bag. By time I get back into the house, Ashlynn has emerged from her bedroom and is laying out folders on her coffee table.

"Workaholic much?" I say, as I walk back inside.

She turns around and flips me off, sucking on her teeth a little. I plop down beside her and pull out my own laptop as she logs into hers, "Oh yeah, you got a lot of room to talk buster."

"Oh shut up."

"You shut up."

"Very mature." I say, chuckling.

"Fuck off, you." She giggles.

We settle into our work, the sounds of our fingers tapping the keys and flipping through papers blend in with the soft noise form the TV. I glance over at Ashlynn who is so burried in her work, she wouldn't even notice if I punched her in the face. Her hair is thrown up in a messy bun, random strands of hair that she missed fall over her shoulders. She stops long enough to rub her neck with her delicate fingers.

My eyes fall down her frame and to her chest as her pink tank top hugs her torso tightly. I then travel down to her short, black soffee shorts that are riding high on her tighs. I remember those long ass legs, wrapped around my waist as I made love to her. The light of the living room radiates off of her smooth skin and the urge to kiss that skin begins to fill me. I want to bury my face in her neck and breathe in her strawberry shampoo.

I take a deep breath as my body begins to get a little hot and I shift to try and get comfortable. I try to return to my gaze to my computer screen but my mind is gone. Countless memories of our love making session now running through my brain instead of crunching these numbers for the business. How she would moan and inhale sharply when my hot lips hit her cool skin. How she would giggle and smile to herself as she rode me slowly, her hands digging into my skin. How she would bite my shoulder as she came, screaming and holding onto me for dear life.

God, how I missed fucking her. I mean, being with Kim is nice, she gets the job done but not like Ashlynn. Kim's got a nice body but Ashlynn's is just banging and she is tighter than hell, if you know what I mean. Kim's kinda... loose for my taste. As Ashlynn sits and works, I just want to reach over and kiss her, deep and hard, like I used to too. She liked it a little rough.

"Oh shit."

I jump when Ashlynn's voice rips me from my fantasy. I clear my throat and readjust the laptop on my lap for obvious reasons, "Uh, what?"

"I just got an email from my boss, they've closed down the office until further notice. Oh well, I kinda needed a little time off anyway."

I nod and try not to act funny, "Well that's good, I heard it's supossed to only get worse this upcoming week." I say.

She smiles that sweet smile that drives me crazy, "Well, then I guess it's just you and me until further notice, huh?"

I swallow harshly again, "Yeah, I hope you're ready, I can be annoying as hell."

"You're always annoying." She giggles.

Oh god.

Is it getting hot in here or is it just Ashlynn?

This story archived at http://nsync-fiction.com/archive/viewstory.php?sid=354