3: Why Do You Hate Me So? by god gave me style
Summary: I hear her scoff but ignore it while I search through the many flights from L.A. to Salt Lake. I guess a morning flight would be better, more time for us to get our shit and get the hell home. I didn't think that it would take two fucking weeks to clean out a house but Kevin said that if something were to happen, we would have enough time to get everything done.
Categories: Completed Het Stories Characters: Justin Timberlake
Awards: None
Genres: Drama, Romance
Challenges: None
Series: A Hollywood Divorce
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 1224 Read: 2025 Published: Aug 18, 2007 Updated: Aug 18, 2007

1. Why Do You Hate Me So? by god gave me style

Why Do You Hate Me So? by god gave me style
Author's Notes:
Here is the third story, let me know what you think!


A Hollywood Divorce

3: Why Do You Hate Me So?

Another couple months have gone by and it's now officially summer. I love being in L.A. in June. The temperature is amazing and I can finally wear all of my cute bikinis. I'm ripped from my bikini fantasies when I hear a yelp from one of the three children that I am currently chaperoning across town.

"Cash, I told you not hit Ruby."

He mumbles a 'sorry' and the three of them return to whatever they were doing while I return back to the rack of clothing. I told you about Ruby didn't I? Tobey's daughter? Well, she's four and just as cute as she wants to be. Ruby and Laila James and Cash get along famously, which was a concern for Tobey and I when we first got together. But all is well when it comes to the kiddies.

My phone starts to ring and Kat Deluna's "Whine Up" fills the air, "Hello?" I say after a minute.

"Luci, it's Karen."

"Oh hey Karen, how are you?" I say, glancing back at the three kids.

"I'm just fine and you?"

"The same, what's up?"

"Mr. Harvey and I have come up with a date for you and Mr. Timberlake to go up to Salt Lake. How about the 14th of June?"

"That's like a week away, Karen. You can't come up with a later date?"

"Mr. Harvey says that Mr. Timberlake will be leaving the country at the beginning of July and won't be returning until October and by then, you two will be really rushed to clear out the house."

Fuck. I forgot about him having to do that promotion tour for whatever movie he finished, "Damn, well I guess that's fine."

"Great, well I think Mr. Harvey will be informing Mr. Timberlake so if you have any problems between now and next week, let me know."

"I will, thank you Karen."

I end the call and let my head loll back. A soft "fuck" comes out of my mouth, right when Laila James runs over to me.

"What you say mommy?"

"Nothing baby. You guys ready?"

I collect the children and we walk back out onto Rodeo Drive. I mention ice cream and the children damn near lose their minds. Anything to keep them quiet. We start to head down the street when a familiar voice calls me from behind.

"Lucianna?"

Cash and Laila James squeal and run back to their father who is accompanied with the home wrecker, "Hey baby, how are you?" Justin asks Laila James as he picks her up and rests her against his hip. His hands run through Cash's short curls and he leans down to plant a kiss on his forehead. The bitch's hand then rests itself on Cash's shoulder as she bends down and flashes her big ass smile in his face.

Ruby hides a little behind my legs but I take her hand and walk closer, "Justin?"

He looks up from Cash and his smile instantly fades from his face, "Have you heard from Karen?"

"Yeah, she just called me."

"Does the 14th through the 30th work for you?"

"It's going to have to. You have a busy schedule ahead of you for the next couple of months." My tone is much more biting than I intend it to be but, who cares.

"Well, I was wondering if you wanted me to set your flight up for you. I was gonna do mine later tonight."

"I can manage, but thank you."

He nods and sets Laila James back down on the concrete, "You must be Ruby Sweetheart Maguire, huh?" He says, leaning down to her level.

Ruby shakes her head and hides a little more behind my leg, "I'm Justin, how are you?"

"Good." She says quietly.

"Well that's good. Listen, if you ever want to come and play with Laila James and Cash while they are with me, you are certainly welcome to come over, okay?"

She nods again, but smiles and Justin smiles as well. He stands back up and snakes her arm around Cameron's waist, "Well, I guess we'll see each other again on Friday, when I get the kids?"

I nod, "I'll give you my flight information then."

"Great, well, have a good day."

"You as well, come on babies."

As soon as we are out of each other's site, I stop and get the kids their ice cream and then pull out my phone again. I dial the familiar number and his voice fills my ears.

"This is Tobey."

"Tobey?"

"Hey baby, what's up?"

"You'll never guess how long I have to spend with him in Salt Lake."

"How long baby?"

"Like two weeks. From the 14th until the 30th." I groan.

"That's like a week from now isn't it?" He asks.

"Yeah. God."

"Well, you'll make it baby, just keep to yourself and it'll go quickly. You gonna set up your flights tonight?"

"Yeah." I sigh.

"We'll talk later okay? I'll cheer you up."

I giggle a little, "Okay, I’ll see you later tonight."

"Okay baby. See you."

Fuck. These are going to be the longest two weeks of my fucking life. Why do you hate me so God? What did I do?

----------&&&----------

"I'm not going to take the kids away from her Cameron." I say as I wait for Expedia to load.

"They would be much better off with us Justin and you know it." She says from the kitchen.

"They would not, they need their mother, okay? Just drop it, would ya?"

I hear her scoff but ignore it while I search through the many flights from L.A. to Salt Lake. I guess a morning flight would be better, more time for us to get our shit and get the hell home. I didn't think that it would take two fucking weeks to clean out a house but Kevin said that if something were to happen, we would have enough time to get everything done.

"I don't see why you have to spend two weeks cleaning out that house anyway. If I come with you, we could have that place gutted in like two days." She says, walking into the living room and sitting in my lap.

"Baby, I told you that you can't come."

"Well why not?" She whines.

I hate it when she whines, "Luci said she would only agree to come if we both came alone. It's going to be stressful enough with just the two of us in the same house."

Cameron is silent while I choose my flight and confirm it, "She's just being a bitch, and she just doesn't want me there."

"Hold out your hand?" I ask absentmindedly.

She holds out her hand and I jot down my confirmation number on her soft palm and then close my laptop, "Write that down for me when you get a chance."

She nods, "Yeah, I will."

I kiss her on her cheek and she nuzzles into my neck, her hands instantly fly into my hair. I feel her warm lips against my skin and I close my eyes, loosing myself in her. There was a day when I would loose myself in Luci but those days are long gone.

And I can't wait until I'm through with her.

This story archived at http://nsync-fiction.com/archive/viewstory.php?sid=367