The Dissaperaing Act by wittylyricst27
Summary: He wanted to be someone else, didnt want to be that guy any more. Change his name, his job and anything else he could.What he didnt expect to find was her, realizing he couldnt lie to her, his only question was if he told the truth would it blow up in his face; would he risk it all for love?
Categories: In Progress Het Stories Characters: Justin Timberlake
Awards: None
Genres: Angst, Drama, Fantasy, General, Humor, Romance
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 9 Completed: Yes Word count: 10283 Read: 16683 Published: Aug 19, 2007 Updated: Nov 14, 2008
Chapter 7 by wittylyricst27

I don’t know long it had been and I don’t know how long I stared at the name tag that Justin had left and even though it read Jason I picture it as Justin. I had taken it off the break room table the day he left and placed it my purse and forgotten about till today when I cleaned it out and found it.

First I eyed me for an hour taunting me to look at it. Than I fingered around the engraved letters for about thirty minutes before I tossed it across the room.

That before I forgot about for awhile getting into the last bit of homework I had before summer came up. That was before I headed to the bathroom and stepped on it, while the pin part was out mind you and had to curse and scream as I pulled out of my bare foot.

Now with a banged left foot I held it in my grasp as I watched King of Queens and holding my cell phone in my other.

Justin had text me a couple days ago.

It held a lengthy apology and his actual house number which for some reason I had saved in my phone. For at least a day it was under Jack ass, than I changed it to Jay. I had the number and a picture of him I had taken from when he worked there as his contact id. It was than I clicked the delete button not on the number but of the picture.

I looked at the highlight number and pushed delete twice but ever time the phone asked if I really wanted to erase the contact I said no. The moment I did I would lose the connect I had, or whatever it was.

Finally I pushed send on the number and waited with a deep breath for whatever would happen.

His message machine picked up and it said, “Hey guys I’m in the middle of rehearsal for the summer tour sorry I couldn’t catch your call, You know what to do and if this is Shell girl I’ll say it thousand times I’m sorry, and I know if the shoes where crossed I’d do the same. No hard feelings. Peace,” I heard the beep and I got so catch up in the message that I forgot to start talking till I actually heard someone pick up and say hello.

“Justin,” I questioned.

“Shell,” I heard back and I smiled.

“Hey,” I said softly and feel so shy now.

“I’m glad you called,” he said and I heard his sincere sorry in his voice in my ears again and his voice now.

“Me too, and hey jay,” I said making him chuckle.

“Your forgiven, and umm,” should I say it should I say I missed him.

Did I even have the right to that?

“Shell, could I ask you something,” he questioned me in the middle of my mind rant.

I nodded before I realized I was still on the phone.


“Yea,” I said softly shaking my head at how teenager I had become.

“Would you come visit me,” he asked.

“Justin, I… where are you,” I said a second later.

“ I’m at home,” he said and I heard someone in the background and him telling them to leave the room or quiet down.

“Like California home,” I questioned.

“Like Tennessee home,” he said.

“I’ll be honest Justin, I would like to but finals are coming up and,” I started say till I heard him clear his throat.

“That’s fine I understand,” he said and someone how even if he had lied to me even if I had considered him a jackass and didn’t know how it would work with us when I found the truth I still wanted to hug him when I hear the sound of defeat in his voice.

“Justin,” I question and hearing him mumble a mhmm in response I licked my lips and took a breath.

“How about I come in a week when finals are done,” I said and I swear I heard the noise of his lips move into a smile when he answered back.

“Really,” he question.

“Yea, I should be done this Thursday how about Saturday I come out,” I said.

“Good I’ll book you a,” he started till I said his name.

“Let me do it ok,” I mentioned and heard him say ok back softly and we chatted some more and I told him at least twice he was forgiven and than I ended the call with telling him I’d call him back with my flight info when I got it.

Sitting there with the phone in one hand his name tag in the other I got up and pushed the foot pedal to my trash can and dropped the name tag in there.

The past was the past after all right?

 

With that I turned and headed to my room to get on the computer to look around for plane tickets.

This story archived at http://nsync-fiction.com/archive/viewstory.php?sid=369