Away From Here by Mandy
Summary: Take me away from here
Make it seem like we’re a million miles away
Another time another place
Make me a different man
Move me farther than I’ve been before
Show me that’s there’s something more
Tim McGraw-Take Me Away From Here

Categories: In Progress Het Stories Characters: Justin Timberlake
Awards: None
Genres: General, Romance
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 5 Completed: Yes Word count: 6246 Read: 6178 Published: Aug 20, 2007 Updated: Sep 21, 2007
Story Notes:
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

1. Chapter 1 by Mandy

2. Chapter 2 by Mandy

3. Chapter 3 by Mandy

3. Chapter 4 by Mandy

5. Chapter 5 by Mandy

Chapter 1 by Mandy
Author's Notes:
This is just a three part short story. I hope you like it, it was the first JT thing I ever wrote! -Mandy
He walked in the two-story house and carefully placed his keys on the hook by the door. She hated it when he left them on the table, something about scratching the wood. He strode to the living room expecting to find her there curled up with a book. Whenever he came home she was there and it was so comforting to him. For him the best feeling in the world was to come home and find the person you loved so much waiting for you. He frowned when he realized there was no one curled up on the overstuffed chair. He walked to the kitchen only to find it empty.

“In here Babe.”

He grinned and practically ran to the family room in the back of the house. The plasma screen television was playing “High School Musical” as she sat moving her foot to the beat. He never understood why she liked the movie: it really was for twelve year olds. Not that he had seen it. However it was only one of the things he loved about her.

“Hey you.”

She paused the film and looked up at him with a smile. “Hey yourself. How was your day?”

He sighed and dropped to the couch, mumbling incoherently and leaned over to kiss her. “Can you ask a less complicated question?”

She looked at him with concern. “Rough day at the studio huh?”

“That’s the understatement of the century.” He reached behind them to pull the blanket off of the back of the couch and threw it over his legs. For Los Angeles it was freezing outside and while she was in sweats and slippers he was in jeans and a t-shirt. “Leaving out the specifics, in the span of the entire day we recorded maybe half a song.”

Her eyes widened knowing that for him that was very unusual. Once he got started he usually couldn’t stop, but for things to happen, not only was it unusual but it made him very frustrated. “I’m sorry. Anything I can do?”

He turned and stretched his body across the length of the couch resting his head in her lap.

“Can we just go somewhere?”

She stroked her fingers over his forehead and his cheek. It always helped him relax; her touch did that to him. “What do you mean?”

“I mean just leave, take off, pack up and go away for a bit.”

She smiled slightly at his thought then shook her head. “Baby what’s wrong?”

He turned his face into her stomach and tried to hide away from the world. “I just want a break. I’m so tired I just want to rest. And now I finally convince them to give me four days and now I have nowhere to go.”

She perked up upon hearing his confession. “You have time off?”

“Yeah, a few days, and I just want OUT OF HERE!”

She laughed as she heard the frustrated whine that was mumbled into her stomach. “And exactly where do you want to go?”

“Alaska sounds good.”

She smiled down at him recognizing the exhaustion that was seeping through his skin. This was not the first time nor would this be the last. He had always had a hard time realizing that he needed to take a break. She had tried many times on numerous occasions in their relationship to make him take a break. She hated seeing him when he was on his last wind. The last time this had happened it had been preceded by a full-fledged breakdown with tears and screaming included. She’d be damned if she let it get that far again. It hurt to see him break.

She was brought out of her thoughts when she saw him glancing up at her curiously. “We should go somewhere where you can disappear.”

“Any idea where that would be?”

She sat quietly for a few minutes thinking about that question. “We could go to Memphis, you always seem to relax there.”

He sighed thinking about it but then shook his head. “No, if we go somewhere I would want to go to a place where no one knows us, where I can really disappear.”

She sighed then came up with an idea. “What about somewhere up in Northern California? Not San Francisco or anything, but around there? Sonoma is gorgeous, or Napa.”

Justin thought about it for a second and relished in her fingers against his face. “That might be nice. I’ve never been there before.”

“Oh it’s great, they have beautiful vineyards there and you can take tours and drive in the country…”

“But you don’t drink.”

She rolled her eyes and lightly smacked his head. “I don’t like alcohol, but I’ll try to drink a glass of wine.” She could tell he wasn’t completely sold on the idea so she tried another approach. “Think about it,” she said sweetly, “long drives, little picnics, romantic candlelit dinners,” she paused for a minute drawing her finger down his chest, “a cute little hotel somewhere…”

He grabbed her finger off of his chest and gently pulled the back of her head down to meet her in a slow, soft kiss. “I think Northern California is perfect.”

She threw her head back in laughter and his eyes lit up just watching. “I thought you might.”

He kissed her quickly once more then jumped off the couch. “I’ll go pack you make reservations!”

“Oh wait we’re leaving now?”

He came back around the corner with a mischievous grin. “Oh, did I fail to mention that?”

She sighed making her way to the computer. As she signed on to the internet she grinned at his voice.

“Baby what’s the weather like up there? What do I pack?”

She rolled her eyes. “Men.”
Chapter 2 by Mandy
Author's Notes:
Here's the next one. I hope you enjoy it!
“Well so far, so good, no sightings or commotions.”

“Yeah but we’ve only been on the ground for an hour. Why does it take so long to get a damn rental car?”

She laughed at his grumbling. He had almost made them turn around when they got to LAX but she was determined to get him away from everything and everyone. She wasn’t even going to see her family on this little outing even though they lived by San Francisco. This trip was just for him to relax again and act like the man she had fell in love with. “It always takes forever to get one up here.” She gently grabbed the car keys that were dangling from his teeth and slid into the driver’s seat as he closed the trunk lid.

“Excuse me what was that?”

She rolled her eyes and started the engine as he stood at the back of the car trying to figure out why she had grabbed the keys. He looked so cute when he was confused.

“I know where I’m going. Besides, you’ve never been here before. Trust me, you’re going to want to look out the window.”

He sighed and nodded, admitting defeat, and quickly slid into the passenger seat. “Alright, but I trust you. You have a map right?”

She shook her head side to side as she pulled out of the space and saw the expression on his face. She laughed not knowing if he was going to smile or be sick.

“What do you mean you don’t have a map?” Okay, he was a little frightened now. He trusted her with his life; he was just a little unsure.

She shrugged her shoulders liking his uneasiness. “We don’t need one.”

“And what happens when we get lost in the wine country and can’t find our way back?”

She pulled out onto the main highway and merged into the far lane. “Weren’t you ever a Boy Scout? We’ll just rough it.” She was definitely joking; her idea of roughing it was a Super 8 Motel. She did however love the look on his face. If he wasn’t a little nervous before, he was scared now.

“Ummm, no. I was on a soundstage in a sunny location. Please tell me you’re kidding me.”

She rolled her eyes and let him see the grin that had spread across her face. “Of course. You forget, I do know this area a bit.”

He breathed a sigh of relief and reached over to grab her right hand while the left one steered. “Thank God.”

“Would it really be so bad if we got lost in the wine country?”

He glanced over at her, taking his eyes off the beautiful scenery and looking at a beauty in her own right. “I could care less; we could get lost for a month as far as I’m concerned. I just don’t think my manager and PR would love it.”

She smiled and said something she hoped he wouldn’t read into too much. “No, they already aren’t fans of me, that wouldn’t help the circumstances.”

He snapped his head back at her when he heard that statement. “Alex you know that’s not true--”

“Yes it is,” she interrupted nodding her head as she concentrated on the road that was slimming down to two lanes. “It’s the truth and it’s okay, it doesn’t bother me. I’m kind of used to it in life.”

He didn’t understand what she meant by being used to it; that didn’t make sense and he sure didn’t like it. “What do you mean---”

“Besides,” she replied interrupting him again, “I did kind of steal their Golden Boy away from becoming Playboy of the Year.”

“Hey I resent that!” He laughed realizing it was probably true.

“It’s a true statement and you know it. Besides, weren’t you getting tired of it?”

He thought about that for a second then turned to stare out the window at the passing greenery. “Yeah, I was.” The statement was partially true; he was starting to get tired of it, although it had been better than staying at home wallowing in pity and self-doubt. After his highly publicized split from Cameron Diaz his PR team had thrown him into the deep end of the gossip swimming pool. From the planned encounters with specific Hollywood Glamour girls to carefully detailed social schedules they had taken control of his life and make him out to be the ultimate playboy. He had just wanted to curl up in bed at the beginning, but then he started having his friends go out with him, and he met new friends, and suddenly it wasn’t so bad. Partying at a different club every night, being linked to a different Hollywood starlet every other week, it was good. He hadn’t wanted another relationship after the last one. He didn’t want a girlfriend, didn’t want to be tied down. Then he met Alex.

Alexandra. Sweet, caring, innocent Alexandra. He didn’t even know there were girls still like that out there. Especially in Los Angeles. She had moved from San Francisco not even a year before he had met her. She had been a volunteer at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week in Los Angeles and had been assigned to his runway show. There had been a crisis backstage right before the show, he couldn’t remember what it was, but she had been the only one to step up and handle it. Trace had actually been the one to take notice of everything she had done to help them throughout the show. Trace had suggested they should invite her to the afterparty and he had scoffed and reminded him she was a volunteer. Yeah, he was an asshole back then, plain and simple. Trace hadn’t listened to him and thank God he hadn’t. She had brought a friend so she wouldn’t be alone, and he could still remember the sight of her as she walked into Social Hollywood. To anyone else she would have been just another person, but when he first saw her he smiled. It was apparent she had never been there before; her eyes had become very wide and was excitedly taking in the surroundings. She had looked stunning in a knee length pencil skirt with a bow at the hem in back and a peach colored gathered halter top. She wasn’t drop dead gorgeous but her excitement and enthusiasm had radiated beauty. And if he hadn’t noticed her because of that it would have been because her best friend was only an inch shorter than he was. And he was 6’1”.

He had politely excused himself from the conversation he had been involved in and set out to find Trace; he wanted an introduction. At first he had refused, saying she wasn’t the kind of girl to fool around with; but after a little begging and throwing around old memories Trace finally agreed. It was probably only the second time in his life he had ever had butterflies in this stomach as he and Trace approached them. To this day he couldn’t pinpoint exactly what the butterflies were there for; only that he still felt them whenever he saw her.

Anyway, after Trace had introduced them her friend, Leah, as he came to find out, quietly removed herself and Trace followed, leaving him and Alex alone to talk. It had been a feat in itself to get her to open her mouth for more than a few words, she had been so shy. No wonder she had never had a boyfriend; the girl didn’t talk to anyone. But that’s getting too far ahead. He had pulled her back to the VIP area of the club, assuring her that her friend knew where she would be, hoping that she wouldn’t be as shy with most of the club crowd away from them. He was wrong. It was like pulling teeth to get her to talk still; she’d answer his question and then look around her. And every time someone went to get a drink and they asked her she politely refused. Still, there was something about her that was special and Justin was determined to figure it out.

“Hey space cadet!”

Justin snapped out of his thoughts and looked back at her. “Huh? Sorry I was thinking.”

“Uh-oh, alert the media.”

He laughed at the irony of his thoughts. “You know, I was just thinking about how shy you were, you wouldn’t even talk to me, and now look at you. Making mean jokes. I’m hurt.”

She smiled, also remembering the night they met, and quickly looked at him then back to the road. “Yeah well, you ask for them.” He had brought her out of her shell over the course of their two-year relationship. Not only had she been shy but she rarely talked to anyone about problems she encountered; she didn’t trust anyone. That all changed the minute the tall, skinny man sitting next to her waltzed his way into her life. He taught her that in the face of every betrayal she had ever had that she could still trust people, even though she had been sure she couldn’t. Their entire relationship was based on complete trust; no matter what happened, what incident, full disclosure had been their agreement from day one. It had made them feel closer to each other than either one had ever thought they could be to someone.

“Now who’s being the space cadet?”

She looked to her right, having been so rudely interrupted from her thoughts, to see that cocky grin on his face pointed towards her. God she loved that grin. Not that she’d admit that to him. A girl had to have some secrets. “Now what do you want?”

“I asked where we were staying and how long it would be before we got there.”

“I love you, but patience is most definitely not your best attribute.”

“Alex,” he whined not liking the fact that he didn’t know where he was going. People may think he’s spontaneous, and sometimes he is, but he doesn’t like being in the dark.

She shook her head signaling she was keeping her mouth shut. “I’m not telling, you’ll just have to wait until we get there. But it’s a small place so don’t worry about that.”

********

“Oh this is too cute. J come look!”

Justin grabbed their two medium-sized bags and made his way to where she was standing, presumably looking at the cottage. “That they are. Which one is ours?” He peered over her shoulder as they looked at the paper the elderly woman had given them earlier.

“Looks like this first one here.” Alex walked up to the door of the cottage, inserting the key and slowly opening the door. As they walked in she stared in amazement at the relaxing space that surrounded them. “Oh I love this, it’s so cozy.”

“I like cozy,” he replied, setting their bags carefully on the floor and, walking over to her, snaking his arms around her waist. Her eyes lit up at their surroundings and he couldn’t help but kiss her neck; he loved seeing her eyes light up. “This is definitely what the doctor ordered.”

As he took their bags to the bedroom she walked across the room to stare out the window. Their view overlooked one of the vineyards and was such a sight to see she never felt him sneak up behind her.

“It makes you want to take a picture and jump inside it doesn’t it?”

“Mmmm,” she nodded in agreement, “that it does.” She turned around and placed her lips on his. “Let’s go find a grocery store so I can get some food and I’ll make that chicken you like.”

He grinned, his stomach growling right then, fully supporting that decision. “That sounds good to me. Although we’re on a getaway; you shouldn’t have to cook.”

She grabbed the keys and her purse from the table and gave him a quick peck before the two headed out for the car. “I don’t mind. You aren’t home enough for me to cook for you. I like it when I can.”

He didn’t know what he did to deserve this woman but he must have done something right.
End Notes:
Feedback always appreciated!
Chapter 3 by Mandy
Author's Notes:
Only one more after this. I know it's short, sorry!
“I know, I get that you’re mad, but I need this.”

Justin rolled his eyes and rubbed the back of his neck as he listened to his publicist carry on. The whole point of the trip was so he could get away with his girl and not have anyone to bother him. The one time he picks up his phone without looking…

“No I’m not coming back. You gave me these few days off and this is how I’m spending them. Now I have to get back.” He didn’t bother saying goodbye as he snapped his phone shut. He shut his eyes and tilted his head back as he took a few breaths. He was angry and upset and didn’t want to walk back to Alex like that. He was about to turn around when he felt her hand rub the base of his neck; it had always calmed him down.

“Bad phone call?”

“Just the evil person that is my publicist telling me to get my ass home, that’s all.” He turned to see her biting her lip and she only did that when she was nervous or trying to make a decision.

“Maybe we should go home.”

He grabbed her hand and started walking down the small street passing shops as they went. “No. We came here to relax and be with each other and there is nowhere I want to be except with you and this sleepy little town. Okay?”

She nodded and leaned into him as he placed a light kiss on her forehead. He spotted a small antique store coming up and guided her toward the door of the shop. “Come on let’s see what kind of trouble we can get into in here.” That elicited a smile from her and he grinned, happy that he successfully got a good reaction from her. Antique stores seemed to be their quirky little thing; they always found cool trinkets in them. As he wandered around a small furniture area he remembered the first time they went to an antique shop.

“No. No way. I am not going to look at random stuff used from other people.”

“Oh come on, it’ll be fun, you never know what you’ll find. You might find something you like. Besides everything in there has a history; it has a story.”

He sighed and couldn’t resist the pout that had formed on Alex’s face. “Ten minutes. Then we’re out.”

She let out a small squeal and gave him a quick peck as she pulled him into the quiet atmosphere. An elderly couple behind the counter greeted them and he politely responded after Alex as she began to wander off. As eh made his way around the small boutique he looked at all the knick knacks and grinned when he saw Alex chatting animatedly with the elderly woman from the store. As he rounded the corner he stopped in front of the Grandfather clock. He sighed as he stared at the face and the corners of his lips tugged upwards in a small smile as his mind transported him back to Memphis.

“That Grandfather clock stood in my fathers hallway and then mine for years.”

Justin looked up at the elderly man who had wandered over to him. “It’s just like the one in my grandparents’ house back home, the face is the same.”

“And where is home young man?”

“Memphis, Tennessee sir.” See, he hadn’t lost his manners like his mom mercilessly reminded him.

The man pondered that for a minute before speaking. “My father bought that when he bought his first house back in 1905. Then the 1906 earthquake in San Francisco hit, where they lived at the time, and most of the possessions he had worked so hard to buy for him and my mother were destroyed, except for a few and this clock. They brought it when the moved to Napa. It stood in his hallway until he passed on and then it remained in my own house.”

Justin stared at the clock in amazement at the history behind it. “Why are you selling it if it has so much meaning to you?”

The old man smiled in sadness. “I had to move into a considerably smaller home and there’s no room for it and I don’t have children who appreciate it. Whenever I pass on I don’t want it going to some person who won’t appreciate it.”

Justin nodded, still staring at the clock, and contemplated the man’s words. “I’d love to have it if you would allow me.”

The old man smiled at the young gentleman in front of him. Knowing it would go to someone who truly understood the history and meaning he nodded and Justin could see the emotion in the man’s eyes. “And if you don’t ship, if you know of someone I could call about it that would be great.”


Ever since that day he loved antique shops. He liked to imagine where the pieces came from and what their history held. It
was something only Alex knew he did; if anyone else knew they would call him soft. That clock stood in his own hallway at his house and was something he treated with an astounding amount of care that only himself and Alex understood.

“You look deep in thought.”

He turned to see Alex holding an old doll almost as big as an infant. “Girl that’s a big doll.”

She smiled and held it up so he could take a closer look. “My mom has one exactly like it from her childhood that she used to play with. I used to play with it too. She’s a little ratty but her hair just needs to be brushed and she just needs a little TLC.”

“She’s all sticky.”

Alex laughed and bumped his hip as they walked toward the back. “That’s because she’s old. Nothing a little corn starch won’t fix.”

“Corn starch? On a doll?” What the hell was she talking about?

“It’s a trick I learned from my mom. Did you find anything?”

He shook his head as she led him over towards the corner. “No I zoned out for a few minutes. Did you find anything else?”

She nodded. “I found a set of cups and saucers to add to my collection and a cool record player.”

His face lit up at that one. “Oooh, show me show me.”

She led him over to the corner where the record player was hidden. “There are also a whole bunch of records there too.” She pointed toward a crate that was sitting on the floor next to the table. “I’m going to go pay for this stuff or we’ll be here all day.” She smiled and playfully poked him in the side before walking up toward the front.

He watched her walk toward the front then turned back to the crate already eyeing two records he wanted. He couldn’t wait until dinner tomorrow night.
End Notes:
Feedback is always good!
Chapter 4 by Mandy
Author's Notes:
Only one more after this. I know it's short, sorry!
“I know, I get that you’re mad, but I need this.”

Justin rolled his eyes and rubbed the back of his neck as he listened to his publicist carry on. The whole point of the trip was so he could get away with his girl and not have anyone to bother him. The one time he picks up his phone without looking…

“No I’m not coming back. You gave me these few days off and this is how I’m spending them. Now I have to get back.” He didn’t bother saying goodbye as he snapped his phone shut. He shut his eyes and tilted his head back as he took a few breaths. He was angry and upset and didn’t want to walk back to Alex like that. He was about to turn around when he felt her hand rub the base of his neck; it had always calmed him down.

“Bad phone call?”

“Just the evil person that is my publicist telling me to get my ass home, that’s all.” He turned to see her biting her lip and she only did that when she was nervous or trying to make a decision.

“Maybe we should go home.”

He grabbed her hand and started walking down the small street passing shops as they went. “No. We came here to relax and be with each other and there is nowhere I want to be except with you and this sleepy little town. Okay?”

She nodded and leaned into him as he placed a light kiss on her forehead. He spotted a small antique store coming up and guided her toward the door of the shop. “Come on let’s see what kind of trouble we can get into in here.” That elicited a smile from her and he grinned, happy that he successfully got a good reaction from her. Antique stores seemed to be their quirky little thing; they always found cool trinkets in them. As he wandered around a small furniture area he remembered the first time they went to an antique shop.

“No. No way. I am not going to look at random stuff used from other people.”

“Oh come on, it’ll be fun, you never know what you’ll find. You might find something you like. Besides everything in there has a history; it has a story.”

He sighed and couldn’t resist the pout that had formed on Alex’s face. “Ten minutes. Then we’re out.”

She let out a small squeal and gave him a quick peck as she pulled him into the quiet atmosphere. An elderly couple behind the counter greeted them and he politely responded after Alex as she began to wander off. As eh made his way around the small boutique he looked at all the knick knacks and grinned when he saw Alex chatting animatedly with the elderly woman from the store. As he rounded the corner he stopped in front of the Grandfather clock. He sighed as he stared at the face and the corners of his lips tugged upwards in a small smile as his mind transported him back to Memphis.

“That Grandfather clock stood in my fathers hallway and then mine for years.”

Justin looked up at the elderly man who had wandered over to him. “It’s just like the one in my grandparents’ house back home, the face is the same.”

“And where is home young man?”

“Memphis, Tennessee sir.” See, he hadn’t lost his manners like his mom mercilessly reminded him.

The man pondered that for a minute before speaking. “My father bought that when he bought his first house back in 1905. Then the 1906 earthquake in San Francisco hit, where they lived at the time, and most of the possessions he had worked so hard to buy for him and my mother were destroyed, except for a few and this clock. They brought it when the moved to Napa. It stood in his hallway until he passed on and then it remained in my own house.”

Justin stared at the clock in amazement at the history behind it. “Why are you selling it if it has so much meaning to you?”

The old man smiled in sadness. “I had to move into a considerably smaller home and there’s no room for it and I don’t have children who appreciate it. Whenever I pass on I don’t want it going to some person who won’t appreciate it.”

Justin nodded, still staring at the clock, and contemplated the man’s words. “I’d love to have it if you would allow me.”

The old man smiled at the young gentleman in front of him. Knowing it would go to someone who truly understood the history and meaning he nodded and Justin could see the emotion in the man’s eyes. “And if you don’t ship, if you know of someone I could call about it that would be great.”


Ever since that day he loved antique shops. He liked to imagine where the pieces came from and what their history held. It
was something only Alex knew he did; if anyone else knew they would call him soft. That clock stood in his own hallway at his house and was something he treated with an astounding amount of care that only himself and Alex understood.

“You look deep in thought.”

He turned to see Alex holding an old doll almost as big as an infant. “Girl that’s a big doll.”

She smiled and held it up so he could take a closer look. “My mom has one exactly like it from her childhood that she used to play with. I used to play with it too. She’s a little ratty but her hair just needs to be brushed and she just needs a little TLC.”

“She’s all sticky.”

Alex laughed and bumped his hip as they walked toward the back. “That’s because she’s old. Nothing a little corn starch won’t fix.”

“Corn starch? On a doll?” What the hell was she talking about?

“It’s a trick I learned from my mom. Did you find anything?”

He shook his head as she led him over towards the corner. “No I zoned out for a few minutes. Did you find anything else?”

She nodded. “I found a set of cups and saucers to add to my collection and a cool record player.”

His face lit up at that one. “Oooh, show me show me.”

She led him over to the corner where the record player was hidden. “There are also a whole bunch of records there too.” She pointed toward a crate that was sitting on the floor next to the table. “I’m going to go pay for this stuff or we’ll be here all day.” She smiled and playfully poked him in the side before walking up toward the front.

He watched her walk toward the front then turned back to the crate already eyeing two records he wanted. He couldn’t wait until dinner tomorrow night.
End Notes:
Feedback is always good!
Chapter 5 by Mandy
Author's Notes:
Here's the end. I hope you liked it!
The sunlight crept through the curtains that covered the sliding glass door in the bedroom. A slight breeze blew through the cottage bringing the smell of coffee into the room. The figure curled up on the bed slowly awoke to the aroma and turned over but was unsatisfied when her arm hit the sheets. She slowly sat up and noticed he wasn’t next to her and she was not pleased.

“You weren’t supposed to be awake. You’re still supposed to be sleeping.”

She smiled and her face lit up at the tray he was carrying. “You cooked me breakfast?”

He grinned as he set the tray in the middle of the bed. “I cooked you breakfast. I also made coffee.”

She grabbed the maple syrup and immediately poured it over the bread. “Mmm, French toast, my favorite.” She cut a piece and ate it, savoring the taste, then held a bite up to him as he gently took it from the fork.

“Wow, I didn’t mess it up.”

She jokingly slapped his arm and laughed. “You never mess anything up, you’re a pretty good cook.”

“Well I wouldn’t go that far.” He grinned as he stole a piece of her toast and took a bit before she could protest. As she finished eating they talked about what they wanted to do on their last day. He picked up the tray and placed it on the floor and as he walked back he went tumbling on the bed when she pulled him towards her. They snuggled back under the covers as she curled up next to him with her head on his chest.

“It’s too bad we have to go back tomorrow.”

Justin snapped out of his thoughts and looked down at her. “Yeah it is. I want to stay here longer with you.”

“Me too. However, you have to go back to being Mr. SexyBack and I have to go back to a struggling designer, even if it is for your company.”

He narrowed his eyes and grinned at her and before she knew it he was tickling her mercilessly. “You take that back Alex. You take that Mr. SexyBack comment back right now!”

“Never,” she could barely get in she was laughing too hard. She finally got out of his grasp and slapped his arm before she crawled back over, snuggling up next to him, the two of them still laughing.

“Marry me.”

Her eyes got wide and she lifted her head from his chest to look him in his eyes. “What?”

He couldn’t believe he had blurted those words out so soon. “Marry me”, he repeated, sitting up to grab her hands. “I was going to wait until dinner tonight to ask you but I couldn’t help it.” He reached behind him toward the floor and grabbed the velvet box that was sitting in the bag next to the bed. He turned back toward her and lifted the lid to reveal a princess cut stone with two triangles on either side with a platinum band. “I love you so much, Alex. I didn’t know I could ever feel this way until I met you, like I was completely whole. I never even knew a piece of me was missing; not until you came along. You’ve made me into a man that I’m proud of, I wasn’t before you came along, but I am now. I want to be with you for the rest of our lives.” He took the ring out of the box and held it up between them. “Alex will you marry me?”

She wiped a tear away from her eye and smiled but then realized she had yet to answer him. “Yes! Yes, sorry, I will.”

He let out a sigh of relief not realizing how long he had been holding his breath. He wasn’t sure that she would say yes so he was very nervous. He pulled her into his embrace and kissed her gently. “Oh the ring!” He pulled away and carefully lifted her hand and slid the ring onto her left hand. “Much better.”

She grinned admiring the ring for a minute then leaped into his arms knocking both of them backwards on the bed. Laughing she kissed him and he flipped them over. He brushed a stray hair away from her face and leaned down to brush his lips against hers. “Are you happy?”

She reached up and pulled his head back down to hers. “With you? Always.”
This story archived at http://nsync-fiction.com/archive/viewstory.php?sid=373