Jade by JuCJustifiedMe
Summary: She, who always seems so happy in a crowd. Whose eyes can be so private and so proud. No one's allowed to see them when they cry. She, maybe the love that cannot hope to last. May come to me from shadows of the past. That I'll remember till the day I die. - Elvis Costello "She"
Categories: In Progress Het Stories Characters: JC Chasez, Justin Timberlake
Awards: None
Genres: Action/Adventure, Alternate Universe, Angst, Mystery, Romance, Suspense
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 6 Completed: No Word count: 5937 Read: 8889 Published: Aug 28, 2007 Updated: Dec 26, 2008
Story Notes:
This is my very first posted story. I'd love to hear what you guys think about it. :)

1. Rescue Me by JuCJustifiedMe

2. Going Under by JuCJustifiedMe

3. Cause I'm Broken by JuCJustifiedMe

4. No Rain by JuCJustifiedMe

5. Survivor by JuCJustifiedMe

6. Full of Grace by JuCJustifiedMe

Rescue Me by JuCJustifiedMe

Jade

The wind hit the glass windows like a lightening bolt and it startled her as she was taking a short nap. It wasn't normally like this. She closed her eyes and remembered back when she was younger. Time was gentle in her eyes. Life seemed almost undoubting. The autumn atmosphere freezes her heart and she longed for change, something to pull her and never let go. It was possible; at least she believed there was hope.

She remained silent, and had the same sudden urge to pick up and go. She didn’t want to stumble onto just anywhere. Where would she go? Was she running away? In a way, she thought maybe. Where she is wasn’t making much of a difference. Life was cold, chipping away at will like cracked paint in the summer.

Her stomach grumbled that empty noise but she treaded onward just like a wounded solder in the middle of the battleground. Should she try the streets? She knew them well, had every corner mapped out without confusion. The faces of everyone in the outside world revealed themselves in her thoughts. Every time this happened, the headaches came back. The memories of those dark allies were haunting and a new pain surfaced.

But she thanked God. Yes, she was faithful despite the uncongenial situation. She would pray in the quiet, all alone, almost screaming the prayers within her wishes for them to come true.

“Oh God,” she said softly, trembling inside.

Knowing she was going to get caught she made a run for it. It had been exactly 4 days and she had grown desperate. But she didn’t want to cry again but they came too fast this time. She knew she was in trouble when she left her jacket near the restaurant where she was hiding. She had been so good until now. That was when she heard the menacing growl of her name called out.

Going Under by JuCJustifiedMe
Author's Notes:
Thank you very much for all those lovely reviews guys. Here's the next chapter.

She sucked in her breath not knowing what else to do. She ran and hurled herself against the brick wall; her heart started beating out of her chest again. She knows this feeling all too well.

This is the part when he comes out. She gulped down her embarrassment and hid her body underneath the stairs. She hugs at her shoulders, her body shaking beyond control. She knew it was too late. She tried not to completely lose it or else she knew she would be dead. It was too late, and everything was getting so cold. Too icy. Her teeth started to clatter together and she knew she had to find some salvation soon.

"Maybe he didn't see me after all..."

“Oh Jade, come on honey. Don’t hide from me. You know things would be much nicer if you listened to me. Come on, baby.”

She could feel his voice getting closer to where she was hiding and she knew she couldn't move anywhere else. Damn it. She cursed in her mind. Her body was too sore and tired to try anything stupid. She remembered the last time she tried to escape, she got it bad. The next day she couldn’t walk and had to crawl to a corner for the whole day.

It wasn’t fair. She cursed at her eyes. She wished that she could hide them. It was all because of this. Those eyes; too special to ignore. They weren’t just any green out there. They looked like they didn’t belong to her.

But this was how he found her. Just like this. On the dark allies of nowhere and New York scrapings; liking a duckling stuck inside a tar pit. Everything looked black nowadays. Even the mornings were casting shadows, making it more different for anyone, let alone her, to find a way out.

Whenever she did this, he would find her. And he always had. It was the same coated vicious cycle of her life. All because of her eyes, they were magic. You couldn’t describe them, no one could, it’s the cool, misty flavor of a lightened teal, wrapped in a boom of bright white lights. They clawed at you when you glanced even for a moment. They grabbed you like a magnet but when they cry, hold on for dear life.

Justin was the only one to have seen her cry. But he didn’t know anything about her until 5 months ago. Sometimes he still doesn’t. She’s his toy. He doesn’t pay her, he keeps her. It’s like the game she’ll never win. She is used in his pathetic game everyday and she dreams of knowing there’s a way to just leave, and never look back.

But see, he was on her tail and it didn’t help out her chances no matter much she begged him as he forces her every night of every single day.

Closer, her breathing wears thin as she screams and tries to get up. “No, please, Justin, don’t do this. I promise, I wasn’t-I wasn’t running… Please…”

It was already played out and she knew it was futile to argue her way out of this. Justin grabbed her hair picked her body up with ease and she knew she couldn’t fight him. She used to kick and punch at him but he always pinned her down with such a force that could tear through anyone. She hated how strong he was. She really hated how painfully good-looking, even after all she’s been through, he still was. He had these fierce blue eyes that looked almost black if she crossed him.

Before he was tough, a lot of more dangerous. But he eased himself into her life just like anything else. It was funny how he forced her yet he was gentle at the same time. She couldn’t deny her body. Those feelings, but all it had to be was lust, there was nothing else to hold on to. Her body and her heart were two different things and she hated that they were destroyed.

It was time and they both knew it. Whenever he drinks this much, there’s usually a reason. Otherwise when he’s sober, he’s almost always an angry person and sometimes she never did anything wrong. But this was coming and it was going to be just as bad as before. He might try something different, who knows? She was scared. She had always been this way since they met.

Their clothes were already off on the way back to his house as he threw her body down onto the bed. She dreaded the next moments. Only because she knew she might like it, she wasn’t sure, he was gradually getting rougher now.

He didn’t even waste much time with four play. He wanted her to pay and she wanted a way out. But all she could do was lay there, unmoving, not by choice, and feeling overly tremulous if she made any sudden moments.

He did all the work anyway. And he would talk to her during. That part was the scariest. He would make her say all kinds of degrading things back to him and when he had told her to do something, she just did it. The crying had come after. He had no patience for that but he didn’t ignore it.

If she did something like that, he’d slap her or worse, lock her outside with nothing on. She wasn’t about to risk it. The tears just came out like an easy smile now. She made no whimpering noise afterward and she was getting really good at that.

At first he started a little slower than he normally had. Usually it was quick and terse as he got himself off. This was all for him. He knew the power of her eyes and he couldn’t let go of her. He needed her.

When he started going a little bit faster, she spoke up, “Please, no, not like that. I’m sorry, I wasn’t running I promise. Don’t do this.”

This only fueled his fire to go at rapid speed. Now he was like a mad man. Diving in and out like the weight of the world was on his shoulders and everything would disappear.

“Don’t you dare speak that way to me. Don’t fuck me with Jade. You know, uh, that you did a bad, bad thing. Do not cross me again. Oh, yea!”

It was fast this time when he came. He was still on top and inside her as he buried his head into her neck. He was numbingly biting at the bits of flesh that was soaked in her pool of sweat.

He pulled out and lay next to her. His eyes were as wide as a wolf’s, his breathing had looked like he’d just came back from a 100 meter sprint. He said nothing and that was a good thing. Usually when he’s silent, he’s a lot easier to tolerate.

She turned onto her side very carefully. The tears on her face had already dried up but had now mixed with her sweat. She wiped at her face and pulled her hand back to look at it. This was like a nightmare. There has to be another way.

It can’t go on anymore, she had horrible feeling something might happen that she couldn’t stop. She was just being here, being forced into this ferocity, why her?

Just then, there was rustling taking place outside. She stayed under the covers and Justin got up and dressed. He looked really worried and she’d never seen him act like this before. Usually people are afraid of what he will do.

After he dressed, he turned her and whispered, “Stay here, baby. Keep quiet, ok?”

And then he left her. Oh, if only he never came back. She made another prayer as she pulled the sheets tighter around her body and shut her eyes as if she was controlled to do so.

Cause I'm Broken by JuCJustifiedMe
Author's Notes:
Thanks to all the nice reviews I love you guys a lot for liking this. I'm nearly done with it so it's gonna get really good now.

Justin opened the door slowly and winced at the sight. There stood the man he feared that could take everything away from him if he wanted to.

"Timberlake… Why am I not surprised to see you again? What the fuck are you doing man? We got a nice tip from one of your buddies; wanna explain this mishap to me?" The man said with fierceness as his bright blue eyes sneered into Justin's timid ones.

Justin shrunk back into his previous mood. He was good at pretending to be tough. Cleverly brushing the funk off inside his mind, "There's nothing going on here. I promise. I'm just, look, I'm clean... No tracks on me."

The Officer glanced at his arm with careful eyes, then those unnerving eyes, never once faltering his presence to the trouble maker before him, "That's it? I don't buy it. I'm gonna take a look inside, you know, because I don't fucking believe you. You're hiding something Justin, I'm gonna figure it out."

The Officer pushed his way pasted Justin and invited himself inside his place. "JC, no… Come on man. You know there's nothing going on here. I live by myself here. Come on man, don't waste your time."

The determined Officer rolled his eyes and continued checking every inch for a booking charge. JC Chasez has been waiting for a reason to just tackle Justin for good this time. He's known it ever since they met that he was a mess. Even if Justin wasn't around, JC always went to Justin for the reason. The Precinct always thought Justin was an easy case too. It was easy to go into the kid's rap sheet, and base it on everything he's done.

JC took out his flashlight and shined around every corner of the living room. What he really wanted was in Justin's bedroom. Just any reason to take him in would make his life. Scum like Justin Timberlake should be gassed or given the lethal injection. JC was the type of man that never let anyone skate by him without paying the consequences. And Justin was one of those people. There was so much he had gotten way with and it boiled his blood that he couldn't find the means to bring him in sooner.

JC heard a noise coming from the bathroom. He looked up and noticed the bright fluorescent light was left on and what looked like steam coming from the bottom. Did he have a body? Similar possibilities floated through the Officer's mind. He charged onward for what was inside there.

"JC… Please, don't go." Justin practically screamed.

JC ignored the annoyance behind him and pulled open the door but frowned. He could have sworn there was something there. Maybe it was someone. The body scenario still remained in thought. Something was going on.

The Officer was pleasantly surprised. But it was almost like someone just was there. The whole bathroom was milky and had a thick fog of warmness surrounding it. He could just feel a presence nearby. It was tickling at his senses and pulled his mission into overdrive.

The bathroom was within inches of where JC stood and he took full advantage of the situation. He opened the door and sighed loudly. He shined the flashlight on the darkened bed, with the covers pulled up over something with a lump.

JC walked over toward the head of the bed and shook at it gently, “Hello? Ma’am, what the…?”

Justin watched in horror as he pulled off the covers ravenously to reveal two pillows in place. “She’s gone!”

JC whipped his head around, “She? Who is she? Something fucked up’s going on Timberlake, you better start talking.”

Everything in Justin had dried up. She left? No, she wouldn’t leave him. He owned her. He wanted to keep her to him. This was an outrage. Justin staggered backward, barely paying any attention to the equally enraged officer. He just couldn’t believe it. All this time, he trusted her to stay with him.

“Well?” JC shoved the bright light into his tearing eyes.

For the first time in a while, Justin was worried about her. He didn’t blink or move, he just sat there in daze transfixed upon nothing. It was too late: whatever he could have done. But how far could she have gotten?

He had to know and he needed to bring her back.


She got as far as her legs could carry her. Hardly anywhere was open at this time a night, but then again it is New York, and life never closes no matter where you are.

Her eyes had been struggling to focus as her legs where still on the run. It was tiresome now but it was life for her, and she deserved something for a long time of pain.

She ran across the street without looking at any signs. She had spotted some place with the light on. Could be what she was looking for. Maybe if she screamed, they’d let her in.

Mable’s Table was the place. Sounded like one of those diners that stays open even if the apocalypse hits. Just in case. For the first time in a long time, the corners of her mouth lifted up. She heard her stomach make those nasty noises again and she sped up her path a little bit further. Even if her legs fell off, she was going to do this. And Justin wasn’t going to be there to force her to do anything.

She ran a little bit more until she had reached the front entrance. She looked inside first and observed the dim lights strewn about the facility and knocked on the door. She really wanted to just bang the living daylight out of that door but she didn’t wanna make any more noise. He could always be behind her.

She hugged her head in protection as if he would try something now. She waited 5 seconds more before she knocked again, this time with more urgency. Her cheeks were freezing up fast, along with the rest of her body. She had taken some of Justin’s last stash of money he made with a Hispanic men. He had bought a lot of drugs from Justin in the past but the last purchase had been exactly what she needed to start a new life.

Justin had robbed her of her innocence now she’s taking exactly what she needed from the start. It made her feel a little better but that was half of the battle. The war is just beginning.

She started to bang onto the door now with all the power she had left. “Please, is anyone in there? Open the door please. Please help me!”

No Rain by JuCJustifiedMe
Author's Notes:
Again, thank you so much for all the reviews! Here's the next part.
Nothing... The lights were still on. It made no sense. She sniffed back the hurt, the sour answers of life. Was she? Could she be really homeless?

But there was the money. She reached into her pocket and pulled out the stash from earlier. It was something, but she needed to figure something out quick? Where could she hide? She left the diner and ran around the back of the building trying to form some sort of plan. She had a shot but she knew she had to be careful now. He always found her somehow. It was almost like he knows where she's going to go.

But what if she tried something else? Maybe something that could throw him off. Thank god she had cash. Credit would be tracked instantly.

"The police…? Couldn't I just go there?" She agonized over the idea.

Couldn't she just make a life like she said would? Why was it so hard to just forget about this? But she knew she couldn't. She wouldn't feel safe until she's done something. It felt longer but the time was only a half a year. She swallowed down those memories like she would a larger pill. It was harder than she thought.

She had to do something. Just do what she should have done a long time ago. It was amazing how much will she had left. The cuts on her wrists shined like bright lights and she felt numb now. But she was strong enough to escape this time, but for long? How could she pull off such a big matter? Getting caught was how this usually ended. Sometimes Justin would send people after her if he turned his head a couple times.

It made her sick just remembering all those times she let it all happen. Her eyes. They were painful. She wanted to rip them out all the time.

She heard muffled voices coming from close by. She changed plans and moved through the alley way and hide right next besides a small black building. She waited until the chattering surpassed. This really wasn't easy. She forgot had life I had been on the streets. But then, she was selling herself; not by her will. She had suffered many miscarriages and never told anyone. They didn't need to know all they wanted was their dues.

After the crowd was gone she ran to the other side of the street and looked for the closest station. This had to be done for sanity's sake.

Suddenly, she was grabbed and gagged with a dirty hand clamped over her mouth. She could smell the stench of alcohol permeating from his breath and it was making her dizzy. She could feel everything move so fast she couldn’t see the massive presence above her.
 
She knew she was too weak to fight back. She was punched and beaten if she didn’t cooperate. She hated this. Her life was the same sinister cycle on a loop. She couldn’t do anything now. She was pushed up against the wall, there was little fight left in her. For what she had it was covered with a gag cloth.

“This’ll teach you to run away from me. I said things would be different Jade. You need to listen to me when I give you an order.” Justin licked her ear as he snaked his hand down to undo her pants.

She knew this would happen. She should have run when she had the chance and never turn around. Now this, it was too late. She was stuck and all she could do was let it happen.

He pinned her against the red brick wall and ripped open her blouse. Everything was torn and ready to be destroyed. She couldn’t scream but there was one thing she could do.

Her knee was nestled against the middle of his pants. This was her chance and she took it for once. She kneed him as hard he could and pushed him off her. Just then, there was a gun shot fired.

She looked up and saw an officer coming out of the shadows looking right at her. Her mouth was dry. She was telling herself to run and end it all but instead she turned on her heel and ran. She knew she had to get out even if he was a cop. He wouldn’t understand her.

She heard incoherent cries behind her and suddenly they were getting more clearly with each step, “Hey, what are you doing? Wait up… Hey! Wait… stop!”

What could he possible do to help her? This was her problem and no one could offer any type of help without paying the price.

She got as far the gate before she realized she was trapped. She stomped her foot but tried everything she could to climb up toward the other side. He was gaining up and she was only half way there. Damn it! Her foot got stuck in the gate hole; of all the times to pummel now.

She could feel his eager breath stinging at her bare legs. She hardly had anything clothes on and she knew she wasn’t going to make it but she tread on. She was so close to reaching the other side. So close.

“Will you hold still? Hey! Hold on… stop.” He shouted as he caught up to her on the gate and pulled her body down.

She knew she would fall and she did. She picked herself up and fast and cowered against the gate, clutching at the metal rods in the back. Her breathing was strained and she held her torn clothing together but she was pretty sure he saw everything. Her pants were ripped in half and she only realized then that she was in her underwear.

The man in the uniform was out of breath too but he caught it faster than she did and came closer. She bite a step back and started to climb again only to have her hands held above her head.

He took a firm gasp onto both her hands and opened his mouth, “OK, what is going on?”
She began to feel naked in more ways than one. She took a deep breath and tried to calm herself down, “What—what do you w-want from me?”

His face had softened a little and it was then she realized the color of his eyes. Why did she look? She couldn’t look anywhere else. Her eyes were unblinking and she didn’t know what he just asked her.

“Who did this to you? Was it him? Was it Timberlake? Oh man, say it is…” It was like he was begging her.

But how did he know Justin? She was shivering so hard she forgot to answer.
Survivor by JuCJustifiedMe
She curled up under his gaze, gulping back the terror she couldn't deny anymore. How could she begin to trust him? Who is he? How does he know about Justin? Was she in trouble? Was this her fault too? It had to be it. He did it. To catch her. This was the price she had to pay for trying to save her soul. Why did she think she could get away with this? Why?

“Look, are you in some kind of trouble? Who are you running from?” he spoke a little more gently.

She shivered the last bit of warmth off her body, “How do you--how do you know Justin?”

The Officer took a good look at the shivering woman before him. Than it fit, if he was correct he just knew who was behind this woman’s fear, “Was it him? Did he hurt you?”

“I--what? I don’t want any trouble. I’m trying to go to… no don‘t--” she was cut off.

He moved a little bit closer, he noticed her full lips turning an indigo shade and offered his hand, “Come on, I’ll take you home.”

Than something inside her woke up. It was like a light had gone off and she had to turn it off or she’ll be blinded. “No! I--don’t do that. I’m fine.”

JC’s lips tightened. He was so confused he didn’t know where to begin. She was obviously running from something or she looked as if she needed to find her pimp.

“Ma’am, please, I can’t help you if you don’t tell me what’s going on. You were running away. Please if you need my help, say something. I’m here to help you… save you.”

Save me? Did that exist? Was it possible to live in an uncontrolled world without fearing the next moments? Was she better off? Man, it was a hard decision. Justin would find her. She was sure of it. He always did and it halted the complete answer.

“Save me? Why?”

It was starting to rain now, a little bit more than the drizzle from before and things were just getting worse.

He grabbed onto her hand. He didn’t care what she thought. He had the feeling that he just needed to get outta here. For both their sakes. There was something she was not telling and that was fine… for now. He’d get it out later. But now, it was midnight and he couldn’t take her into a holding cell. He quickly thought of something fast.

“Come with me. I can’t let you leave yet. Just trust me please. I won’t hurt you.”

She was dazed as he pulled her body off the gate and walked her over to the back seat.

“What are you doing with me?”

He didn’t have time to explain, “Please just get in. Trust me.”

She really didn’t have much of a choice now. He practically forced her into the back; but strangely, didn't pushed her. It was his voice. It held so many things she couldn’t decipher. It had this power over her movements but it wasn't the same feeling of pain she had with Justin.

It was much more calmer. She felt protected, maybe?

She watched him climb to the front seat and pull out of the dead end. She screamed and looked behind her. Gun shots, she ducked her head. She lifted her head to check if he was OK.

“Shit! What the fuck! Are you OK there?”

She breathed out. Thank god. She had no one else. This was it, just them.

“Yeah, w-what’s going on? Who was that?”

Fear was dripping from her voice as he pulled out of the alley and back onto the streets.

He looked frantic now. They were both scared. It was a terrifying moment and it never stops for her. For JC, you’d think this would be an old game. He was more scared than people give him credit for.

He shook his head, shaking off the access fear as much as he can, “Don’t know, just trying to get us outta here as fast as I can. I’m sorry I didn’t do this sooner I would have avoided this.”

She nodded and shivered trying to warm herself up. She spotted a jacket next to her and took it.

“Go ahead. My partner left it in here. Good thing huh? Finally find a use for it now." He stifled a laugh.

It was twice her size when she put it around her shoulders. She closed her eyes. Warm. Nice. It was calm, she felt like she was being drenched in the warmth.

The officer stopped at the red light. He could easily speed through it. That’s the beauty of the job. But he had no direction. He had no idea who the woman was or where she lived and he was scared to ask her. He was afraid of the answer honestly.

He didn’t say or ask her anything. He made a U-Turn and took the route back the other direction. It was against the rules and holding cells were not what he wanted to deal with right now.

What harm could it do anyway. At this point its not like he was on duty. Besides he had a feeling her situation was a little more dire than what he thought.

Maybe she couldn’t tell him because she didn’t have one. Maybe she’s caught on the streets. She was half-naked when he found her but she didn’t have that look of someone who was confident enough to do that for a living. Plus she looked really upset. Something was going on and it had to do with Justin.

He noticed her eyes looking anywhere but in front of her. She seems to hide her eyes a lot.

“Hey, are you OK? Do you need anything?”

She turned her head and looked down, covering herself a little more. She shook her head softly, “No…”

He switched between looking up at the mirror and at the road, “OK, well, I’m supposed to take you somewhere but I changed my mind.”

What?! Changed his mind? That doesn’t sound good.

“W-what do you mean?”

JC laughed out loud, a little bit too loud maybe, “I’m taking you home.”

Her mind was racing? What? She stayed with Justin. Back home? Not back, never back!

“…back to my place. It’s safe don’t worry. You don’t need to worry anymore.”

How was he so sure of that?
Full of Grace by JuCJustifiedMe
She looked around. Was it safe? What was going to happen now? He always found her. Always. Jade was something that he had to have in his life. She didn't feel completely safe when she stepped inside the Officer’s flat.

"Ma'am? Hello?" The Officer came closer to her.

Her head started to pound hard. She almost didn't hear him but she felt him lead her inside. She still said nothing.

"Are you alright?" He tried once more to grab her attention.

She appeared to be looking around and becoming fascinated with everything she saw. She didn't fully trust him. Justin also said he would protect her when they first met. Look how great that turned out.

Her scratchy voice responded, "Yes, I am."

JC nodded, closed the door, and locked it tight. He fastened the two deadbolts and turned around. She hadn't moved from her spot. She'd clung to the bulky jacket and stared in one direction. It scared him. He wasn't sure what he was going to do here.

He could try to, "OK, well, would you like to go to bed now?"

He heard her inhale but she never moved. "Oh... Where?"

JC exhaled deeply and came around to stand in front of her, "You can take mine. I'll be on the couch. Just in case he follows us back, I should be in the living room. I don't think he knows where I live. In fact, you know, I'll just go in the room with you."

"You... you're going in your bed?" She whispered.

"No, actually I'm just sleeping on my ch-" she stopped his words by moving.

But she didn't just turn around, she lunged herself into his arms. "Please, don't. He always finds me. If you leave me alone it could happen again. Please, don't leave me alone."

JC's arms came around her shaking body. He closed his eyes wondering what the hell is going on with this woman. He really wanted to know. He really wanted to keep her safe and also, make her feel better.

They stood there for a few more moments until she pulled back, showing him her glassy eyes. He felt for her. "What's your name?"

"Jade, I don't know my real name." She said sadly.

"That's OK. You must be tired. Did you want to go to sleep now?"

She hugged him again, trying to calm down. She was feeling confused. Her emotions were twisted and she couldn’t understand why. Her nerves were shooting up, she could feel them. She wanted to trust the officer. She was trying to.

"OK, thank you." She pulled back looking in his eyes.

She could trust him. She believed she could. She decided it was all she had left. She shivered and hugged her shoulders as she followed behind him.

This was beyond strange for her. Being in some stranger's house. It was just odd. But she listened to him. Whoever he was. She followed wherever he went and said nothing. She didn't want to speak unless he asked her something. Even her footsteps were practically soundless.

When he pulled the sheets open he motioned for her to climb into the folded crease. She hesitated before she slipped her body inside. She was still wearing the jacket. She had nothing else on underneath, just her undergarments.

He noticed her uneasiness and went to his dresser. He pulled out a long T-shirt and boxers, and placed them next to her. "Sorry, I forgot about that."

Just like she'd taken the jacket, she said nothing as she put on the clothing.

"Are you warm enough?" He whispered.

She looked ahead, blinked slowly and nodded. She hadn't felt this warm in a long time. It was almost like she managed to get used to the cold. Not tonight.

"Thank you." He had to squint his ear closer to hear her.

Man, she looks so fragile. He didn't know how to approach her, let alone talk to her. He could tell she was hiding a lot of things. And she did know Justin. He did something to her. Who knows for how long. He was interrupted by her sudden movement under the covers. She pushed herself further down the bed and pulled the covers closer to her chin. She even did that with a quietness that was just surreal.

He started to get changed before slipping into the covers. It was her wish. She didn't want to be alone. But also he was hoping she'd let him watch her, for her own good.

He managed to turn off the night light and slide in smoothly without disturbing her. This was a little strange. Being next to her, sleeping next to her, without touching, this was something new. Certainly something that he was having trouble with. He wanted to protect her. But he can't move. He wanted to hold her. But his hands were frozen at his sides.

His orders: Watch her. Keep her safe. And do all of this without touching her.

Why does this always happen? He's acting infatuated by someone he's known only known for an hour.

She moaned softly and he felt something in the bed. From just one sound? Come on, it hasn't been that long. But he was close to her.  Any closer and they would be making love. He could feel her breathing even if it was silent. He was starting to like the sound.

But it was wrong to think this way. She’s not thinking about what he wants. She’s probably really scared. He watched her lashes rest on the tops of her cheeks. They looked like feathers just sitting there. She looked as if she hadn’t slept in years.

He really wants to help; even more than before. He needs to figure out what they’re dealing with. Justin was a lead, but was there more? One person couldn’t have done all this. And the Officer well knows of Justin’s so called “busines.”

He was distracted with these thoughts he didn’t notice the body crawling closer to him.

She just looked at him as if it was obvious what she wanted.

“I wanna know what it feels like.”

He swallowed, “What’s that?”

“What you’re like. I have to know.”

He moved some hair off her face and cupped her jaw, “Are you sure?”

She responded by her lips melting on his.
This story archived at http://nsync-fiction.com/archive/viewstory.php?sid=386