The Other Woman by jrtsnubianboricuaqueen
Summary: For the past year, I've been having an affair with a married man.  I never meant for this to happen.  I didn't want to be the other woman. 
Categories: In Progress Het Stories Characters: JC Chasez, Justin Timberlake
Awards: None
Genres: Drama, Romance
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 6 Completed: No Word count: 8017 Read: 11831 Published: Sep 10, 2007 Updated: May 18, 2008

1. One by jrtsnubianboricuaqueen

2. Characters by jrtsnubianboricuaqueen

3. Two by jrtsnubianboricuaqueen

4. Three by jrtsnubianboricuaqueen

5. Four by jrtsnubianboricuaqueen

6. Five by jrtsnubianboricuaqueen

One by jrtsnubianboricuaqueen

One

For the past year, I've been having an affair with a married man.  I never meant for this to happen.  I never wanted to get involved with him in the first place.  I knew he was married.  I knew he had family.  But I couldn't not want him.  I couldn't not touch him, or kiss him, or make love to him.  I knew about his other life, and I felt guilty, but yet here I am, laying next to his naked body.  Watching as his beautiful bare chest rise and fall.  Looking down at the freckles that dance upon his shoulder blades.  The bridge of his nose or his furrowed eyebrows.

I didn't want to be that woman.  I didn't want to be the other woman.  I despised those women.  But that's who I am.  I haven't been able to look myself in the mirror in a long time.  I'm afraid that the person I see won't be a reflection of me, but of someone else.  Someone that is not me.

I don't know what to do.  My head is saying one thing, but my heart is saying something totally different.  I know he's wrong for me.  I know that.  But there's something about him that keeps me coming back for more.  I should...I need to be with someone who's heart isn't somewhere else.  But he treats me so well.  When I'm with him, I never feel like I'm the other woman.  When we make love, it's heaven.

He's been telling me for the past year that he's going to leave his wife to be with me, but something inside of me doesn't want him to.  I don't want to destroy another's marriage.  I want to just tell him to go back to his wife and forget about me, but my heart won't allow me to say it.  I need to let him go back to his wife.  But is it the right thing to do?  Should I let the man I love go?

I looked back down at his sleeping form.  I began to lightly trace his features with my index finger.  Once my fingers got to his beautiful pink lips, his hand had caught my wrist.  His eyes began to flutter open.

"What are you doing?"  He says groggliy.

"Nothing.  Just admiring how beautiful you are."

He smiled.  "C'mere."  I leaned foward to place a kiss on his lips.

"I love you."  I said once breaking the kiss.

"Me too."  He says back.

Then it hit me.  I can't do this anymore.  I can't keep hiding my relationship with him from my family and friends.  I can't keep staying in on dates, because someone sees us and gets back to her.  I love him, but this can't work anymore.

"I love you so much."  I began to softly stroke his cheek.

He began to notice the tears that were forming in my eyes.  "Baby, what's wrong?"

I looked down.  God, he is gorgeous.  I then leaned forward to passionately kiss him.  I just wanted to feel his lips on me for the last time.  To feel his hands on me.  To just feel him.

"April, baby, what's wrong?"  He said once we broke the kiss.  "Are you alright?"  He removed a curly tendril that had fallen from my face.

"I can't do this anymore."  I looked down into his eyes.

"Can't do what?"  He looked at me with concern.

"Us."  I whispered, rolling over and getting up from the bed, and turning the light on.

I walked over to the dresser, pulled out a green nightie, and pulled it over my naked body.

He sat up on his elbows.  "April, baby, what are you talking about?"

I sighed as I closed the drawer.  "I can't keep doing this, Justin.  I can't keep going on like this."  I turned around and leaned on the dresser.

He got up and pulled on his boxers.  He came around closer to me and sat on the edge of the bed.  "Come here."  He gestured with both of his hands.  I walked over to him, and sat down next to him.  "Now, please explain this to me."

I sighed again.  "This...what we have is...it's not going to work.  You're married..."

He groaned inward.  "Here we go again.  April, baby," he took my hand in his, "I told you.  My marriage has nothing to do with how I feel about you."  He placed my hands up to his mouth, and kissed them.  "I love you."

I snatched my hands away, and stood up.  "Your marriage has everything to do with this.  I'm tired of hiding.  Don't you feel the least bit guilty?"  He said nothing.  "Well I want...need a boyfriend who isn't married."

He looked hurt.  "What?  You don't want me?"

"Of course I want you, Justin.  I want you so bad that it hurts."  The tears began to well up again.  "But I want you here."  I placed my hand to his chest.  "I don't want to share you with anyone else."

He placed his hand over mine.  "I'm sorry, April, I want that too, but things are complicated at home.  I've got Courtney to think about."

"I know."  I said looking awya.

You remember when I said that he had a family?  Well he has a five year old daughter named Courtney Rae.  Justin talks about her all of the time.  He loves his little girl to death.

He then stood up to wrap his arms around my waist.  "Why can't we just stay like this until I can figure things out, so I won't lose my daughter?"  He kissed my cheek.

I looked him in his beautiful deep blue orbs and sighed.  He then leaned forward to kiss me.  His lips felt like pure silk against mine.  I then grabbed the back of his head to deepen the kiss.  When we finally came up for air, he leaned his forehead against mine.

"Go home to your wife, Justin."  I whispered.

"What?"  He lifted his head to look me in my eyes.

"It's over."  I said holding back the tears.  I then broke from his grip.

"Baby, don't do this.  I love you."  He pleaded.

I turned my back towards him.  I didn't him to see me cry.  "Justin, just go."

"Don't do this."  He whispered.

"Go!"  I half screamed, half cried.

"Fine.  Have it your fuckin' way.  I'm gone."  He grabbed the rest of his things.  He then stopped at the door.  "Just remember that I love you, April Jones."  That was the last thing he said before heading out of the room, slamming my bedroom door, walking out of my life for good.

I closed my eyes as the tears began to fall.  About five minutes later, I heard a car door shut.  I looked out of my window to see Justin sitting in his truck with his head on the steering wheel.  He then looked up to meet my gaze.  He gave me an evil glare and then proceeded to start the engine.  He then backed out of the driveway, and sped off, tires screeching.

"I love you too, Justin Timberlake."  I whispered and closed the blinds.

End Notes:

Feedback is greatly apreciated. :D

Characters by jrtsnubianboricuaqueen

April Jones

Justin Timberlake

Jade Smith

JC Chasez

Michelle Timberlake

Jason Hart

Courtney Rae Timberlake

Two by jrtsnubianboricuaqueen
Author's Notes:

Hey, just a few words here. I've noticed that I have close to 200 people have read this story, and no one has left a comment. I just need to know how I'm doing. Even if you don't like it, just let me know, so I can make it better. Thanks. -Rina

[Two]

 

 

It’s been two months, three weeks, six days, eighteen hours, forty-three minutes, and thirty-seven seconds since I broke up with Justin. I’m not counting though. But to tell you the truth, I’m miserable without him. I’ve missed him so much that I sat for hours watching him in the park playing with his daughter, just so I could get a glimpse of him. And apparently he’s doing a lot better than I am. I’ve tried to take my mind off of him. I’ve tried to stay focused on my job at the art gallery, which is hard because that is where we met. I’ve tried painting, but in the end I always end up placing him, in the painting one way, shape, or form.

My best friend, Jade Smith, has been my rock through this whole thing. She’s put up with a whole lot of shit from me. From the whining, to the complaining, and the moping, she’s been there for me. And she has not complained once. You see Jade was the only person I told about Justin’s and mine relationship. She’s my best friend. I’ve known her since the second grade. I am the quiet, reserved one, and she is the loud, tattoo having, curse-your-ass-out-in-a-second one. Even though our personalities are complete opposites, we balance each other out. She’s got my back, and I’ve got hers. She’s the yin to my yang. She’s more than my best friend, she’s my sister.

And speaking of, she’s at my door.

"You’re still in you pajamas?" Was the first thing she said, walking into my house. "I though I told your ass last night to be ready by noon." She walked straight to the kitchen, and I dragged behind her.

"I’m sorry, Jade. I just haven’t…I’m not feeling well." I said wrapping my robe around me, and sat down at the kitchen table.

"But you know we planned to go shopping for my wedding dress today." She said searching through my refrigerator, when she found a water bottle, and pulled it out. She closed the fridge. "And you know that I hate shopping."

"I’m sorry, Jade. I’m just not feeling well." I repeated.

"You’ve already said that." She said hopping onto the island in the middle of my kitchen.

"Well I’m not."

"AJ you promised." She opened up the bottle and took a sip.

"I know, Jade, but look at me. Does it look like I’m up for anything? Or going anywhere?" Jade shrugged then place the bottle towards her lips again but stopped before taking a drink. She looked at me strangely. "What?" I asked.

She narrowed her eyes. "Are you pregnant?"

"What?" I half screamed.

"I guess not." She continued to drink.

Where the hell did that come from? "What made you think that, Jade?"

I don’t know. It was the first thing that came to my mind." She hopped off of the counter to throw her empty bottle into the garbage.

"Well erase it from your mind." I snapped.

"Fine." She then walked towards me and stood in my face.

"What?" Again I ask confused.

"Get your ass up and go get dressed." She demanded.

"Jade!" I whined

"Don’t Jade me. Now get up and get dressed. You promised."

I smacked my lips. "Fine." I got up and walked upstairs.

**

I’m not really feeling up to go shopping today, but I did make Jade a promise. A promise is a promise. And I always keep my promises.

We’ve been up and down Rodeo Drive looking for Jade’s ‘perfect’ wedding dress, but she has the pickiest style. You see Jade is not a girly-girl. She would rather be comfortable in jeans and a tank top, guzzling miller lights, and chain smoking. Shopping, especially shopping for a dress is not in her repertoire. That’s where I come into play. But today, I feel like kicking back in my sweats, and waiting to see what is going to happen between Lucky and Sam on General Hospital. While eating bon-bons.

Right now we’re at Mika’s Shoppe and Jade has tried on her fourth dress, and she is still not satisfied.

"Why don’t you like this one?" I said fixing the white strapless number on her.

"Because it’s stupid. And I look stupid in it."

"No you don’t."

"And white is so cliché. Everyone knows I’m not a virgin."

"That’s not the point, Jade. The white symbolizes the pureness of your heart, not of your…stuff."

The then turned to me. "In what world?"

I smacked my lips. "There are a lot of women who wear white on their wedding day, knowing they should be ashamed of their sexual past. And besides it’s traditional."

"Fuck tradition. Let’s just go to Vegas. I can wears jeans and a tank-top. And we can just go to the casinos and drink ‘til we puke."

See, I told you. "Jade, we are not going to Vegas. Jason’s parents have already paid for half of this wedding. The invitations have already gone out. Everyone’s coming."

"Jason’s parents can kiss my ass, and shove that money right up their…"

"Jade! Be nice." I scolded.

It was her turn to smack her lips. "Whatever. I’m going to take this hideous thing off." She walked back into her fitting room.

I was standing around looking at all of the beautiful women trying on their wedding dresses, laughing with their girlfriends. My mind began to wonder back to Justin. He had told me when he divorced his wife, he was going to marry me.

As if reading my mind, or if my mind is playing tricks on me, he appears in the store. I blinked twice to make sure I wasn’t hallucinating again. But he was really there. He had on a pair of blue jeans, a black AC/DC vintage tee, and black sneakers. It looked like his beard was growing back in, which I’ve found completely sexy. His head was shaven, and his gorgeous sparkling eyes were hidden behind a pair of silver ‘cop’ shades. There he was…with her. Or to what I believe is her. I’ve never seen her before, but I know it’s her. I just have this gut feeling.

Quick thinking, I dashed into the dressing room that Jade had occupied. She was changing her clothes.

"What the hell are you doing, AJ? One person to a room." Jade said once I closed back the curtains.

"Shhhh." I hushed her. "He’s here." I whispered.

"Who’s here?" She whispered back. "And why are we whispering?"

"Justin’s here." I whispered again. "He’s here with his wife."

"Let me see." Jade put her head outside of the curtain, but I pulled her back in.

"What are you doing?"

"I want to see what she looks like."

"Are you crazy? I don’t want him to know that I’m here."

"Why?" She looked at me confused.

"Because…I just don’t want him to."

"So, you broke up with him. It’s over."

"That doesn’t mean I don’t still love him." I looked away getting ready for Jade to scold me.

She sighed. "Here we go again. AJ, he’s married. You wasted a year of your life because he didn’t want to leave his wife."

"Well, he just didn’t want to lose his daughter." I tried to justify.

"Bullshit." Yeah, I know it is.

"Look, Jade, just drop it ok. I just want him to see me."

"Whatever, dude." She placed her shirt over her head. "I’m going to the car. You can stand in here, not let him see you, but if you’re not with me in the next few minutes I’m leaving you." She looked at me one last, before leaving the dressing room.

I stood there, letting Jade’s words settle. She’s right. We’re over. We’re done. Taking a deep breath, I open the curtain and walked through. I briskly walked to the front door. Holding my head down, I had no clue to where I was walking until I bumped into a hard body. Their arms quickly caught me around my waist.

"Excuse me. I’m sorry." I heard him say. I then looked up and directly gazed into his crystal orbs. "April?" Justin asked. I couldn’t say anything. All I could do was stare. I took another deep breath, before breaking his grip, and walked away. Before walking out of the store, I turned around to see him still looking in my direction. I then turned back to the door and walked out. He didn’t call or chase after me.

**

Later that night, I lied still in my bed, relishing in the events of today. Running into Justin today was heartbreaking for me. I really do miss him. But he’s married, and they have a child together. But a part of me wanted him to chase after me. To make me feel that he still loved me. I guess he doesn’t. My thoughts were interrupted by the sound of the doorbell. Sighing, I push my thoughts to the back of my mind, and head downstairs. It’s probably Jade, coming to curse me out. Ever since she dropped me off at home, I have ignored all her phone calls. I’ve turned off my cell phone, and I have not answered my house phone.

I went to open the door. "Ok, Jade, let me have…" I stopped mid-sentence when I realized that the person at the door wasn’t Jade. "Justin." I whispered.

"Hey, April." He said in a low tone. "How…how are you?"

"What are you doing here?" I ignored his question.

"I came to see you." He said looking me in the eye.

I took in a deep breath. "You shouldn’t be here. You need to go." I said closing the door, but he stopped me.

"April, talk to me." He pleaded.

"Justin," the tears began to well in my eyes, "I can’t do this." The tears began to fall.

"Baby," he patronized.

I shook my head. "No, Justin. It’s over. We’re done."

He then shook his head. "No it’s not over. I love you." He pushed in the door, walked in, and kissed me, passionately.

God, I missed the feeling of his lips. The feeling of pure silk. I then openly excepted his velvety tongue into my mouth. This is wrong. So wrong. I have to stop this.

"Justin." I broke the kiss. "I can’t do this."

"Don’t you miss me? Don’t you love me?" He asked searching my eyes trying to see if I still had loved him.

"Of course I do." I cried. "But I don’t want to do this, and I want you to go." I pushed him off of me.

"You don’t want me to. I see it in your eyes. You don’t want me to go."

I nodded, the tears still cascading down my face. "Yes, I do. I want you to go." I began to push him out. "Just go. Leave." I finally pushed him out of my house, and slammed the door in his face. I turned around, leaned up against the door, and slid down, crying hysterically.

I just pushed the man I love out of my life. For good.

Three by jrtsnubianboricuaqueen
Author's Notes:
I know I have been slacking on my stories, but I'm getting there with all of my updates.  So to those of you who are reading, here's the newest chapter.

I am officially late for work. My alarm clock did not go off. Stupid cheap piece of shit. That will be the last time I let my mother buy me something from the Swap Meet. The hot water in my shower had turned cold. Stupid plumbing. I really hate this house. Throwing my hair in a bun, grabbing my purse, portfolio, and car keys, I headed out of the door. But not before grabbing a chocolate covered doughnut and hot cup of hazelnut coffee. Breakfast of the champions, right? Getting into the car, I tossed my purse and portfolio into the backseat. I then placed my coffee cup in the cup holder, and then stuck my doughnut between my teeth. Sticking the key in the ignition, I turned it. Clank. Clank. You’ve got to be kidding me? Now my stupid car won’t start. Could this day get any worse?

 

 

 

“Ok, April, calm down.” I reassured myself. I took the key out and placed it back in the ignition, turning it. “Come on, baby. Work for mama.” I pressed my stiletto clad foot on the gas. Clank. Clank. “Shit!” I banged my fists against the steering wheel. I shouldn’t have procrastinated on getting that stupid starter replaced. Justin had told me plenty of times to get it fixed or he knew someone that could fix it for me. But I never listened.

 

 

 

Justin…

 

 

 

I haven’t seen him in a week. After that night he came over and professed his love for me and I told him to go, he hasn’t come by. Or even called. I guess it really is over. I guess this whole Karma thing is really kicking my ass right now. For sleeping with a married man, I guess that’s what I get, huh?

 

 

 

Ok, trying again. Taking the doughnut out of my mouth, I placed it on the passenger seat on a napkin. Taking the key out again and placing it back in the ignition turning it again. Clank. Clank. I guess it’s not going to work today. Reaching behind me, I grabbed my purse and sat it in my lap. I opened it up and began to search for my cell phone. Once I found it, I flipped it open and began to dial a familiar ten-digit number. She’s not going to be happy, but it’s worth a try.

 

 

 

The phone rang three times before someone picked up. “What?!” Jade screamed.

 

 

 

“Hey, it’s me. I need a ride to work.”

 

 

 

 

**

 

 

 

“Thank you so much, Jade.” I said as Jade and myself arrived at the art gallery.

 

 

 

She nodded. “Uh-hmm. You know that I don’t get out of bed before noon right?” I nodded. “You need to get that damn car fixed.”

 

 

 

I nodded again and sighed. “Yeah. I know.” I unbuckled my seatbelt. Turning around I grabbed my purse and portfolio. “I swear this weekend, I’m going to take it up to the car place.” I said opening up the passenger door. “I’ll see you later.” I stepped out of the car.

 

 

 

“Yeah, don’t call me tomorrow. You better catch a cab or a bus.” I heard Jade scream before I closed the door shut.

 

 

 

I shook my head at her comment, adjusted the strap of my purse on my shoulder, and walked into the building. I walked briskly to the back office. Turning the knob, I opened the door, and walked in. I walked right in to see my boss, Teri Fletcher, standing at my desk, holding a cup of coffee.

 

 

 

“Oh my God, Teri, I am so sorry that I am late. My car wouldn’t start, really.” I said walking over to my desk.

 

 

 

She took her glasses from her face and placed it on my desk. “That’s the third time this month, April. Now I know you’re sorry, but you’ve got to do better. You are the best that I’ve got. I don’t want to have to let you go.”

 

 

 

I sighed. “I know that, Teri. This weekend I am taking my car to get it fixed. I promise.”

 

 

 

She nodded. “Alright. Well as soon as you get settled, there’s a gentleman in the showcase room, and he’s ready to buy. So, I trust you to pull this off.” She picked her glasses and placed them back on her face, settling at the bridge of her nose.

 

 

 

It was my turn to nod. “Yes, I’ve got this, Teri.”

 

 

 

“Good.” She said walking back to her desk.

 

 

 

Again, I sighed. Placing my portfolio on top of my desk and putting my purse under my desk, I straightened out my blouse and skirt, and headed out of the office. Walking to the showcase gallery room, I spotted the guy that my boss was talking about. He stood about six foot, wavy brown hair, and the suit he had on looked very expensive. I didn’t know what his face looked like, because he had his back turned to me, looking at all of the art. Cautiously, I walked up to him. Once I reached him, he turned to me. He was extremely handsome. He had a pair of sparkling, crystal blue eyes and pearly white teeth.

 

 

 

“Is there anything I can help you with, sir?” I smiled.

 

 

He smiled. “Actually, you can. I’m looking for some art to go into my new home, that I just bought. And this is it. This painting right here is magnificent.” He said pointing to a beautiful mural of light watercolors and very nature inspired. “This piece is very reminiscent of Claude Monet. I would love to meet the artist that created this piece.” He turned to look at me and smiled.

 

 

 

“Well it’s a good thing that I came over here. I’m April Jones and this is my work.”

 

 

 

He almost looked flabbergasted. “You? You created this?”

 

 

 

I nodded. “Yes, this one is mine.”

 

 

 

“Wow,” he smiled widely, “you are very talented.” He then stuck out his hand for me to shake it. “I’m Joshua Chasez.”

 

 

 

I shook his hand gently. “Thank you, Mr. Chasez.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

“You’re very welcome. I didn’t know an artist could be this talented…and beautiful.” He smirked.

 

 

 

I blushed. Is he flirting with me? “Thank you.”

 

 

 

He turned back to the painting. “How much?” He turned back to me. “I’ll pay top dollar for it.”

 

 

 

“This painting is a thousand dollars.” I know it’s a lot, but hey I got to eat.

 

 

 

“Sold.” He stated quickly.

 

 

 

“Great.” I smiled. “Let me just get your information, and everything will be in order.”

 

 

 

“Great.” He smiled back.

 

 

 

I walked back into the office in order to get things together.

 

 

 

“So, how did it go?” Teri asked me as soon as I made it back to the office.

 

 

 

“He’s buying.” I told her.

 

 

 

“Oh, that’s great.” Teri smiled.

 

 

 

I nodded. “Yep. I’m getting his information together.” I walked over to the file cabinet to grab the necessary paperwork.

 

 

 

Getting the papers I needed, I walked back out of the office, and out to the gallery room. I saw Mr. Chasez and I walked towards him.

 

 

 

“Mr. Chasez,” he turned to me and smiled, “if you can follow me this way, we can get this paperwork situated and you can be on your way.”

 

 

 

He nodded. “Ok.”

 

 

 

“Alright.” I began to walk over the small area with a few chairs and a round desk. We both sat down and I spread the paperwork onto the table. “Ok, all this is, is just things we need to know. Like how much the painting is worth, when and where you would like the painting delivered, if you want to pay in installments or in full, and of course whether you’re paying in cash, check or credit.”

 

 

 

He nodded. “Ok. I want to pay in full and it will be credit.”

 

 

 

“Ok, Mr. Chasez,” I began, but he cut me off.

 

 

 

“Please, Mr. Chasez make me sound old. Call me Joshua.” He smiled and I smiled back. He is just too cute for words. Ok, April, be professional.

 

 

 

“Ok, Joshua, I just need you write your information here,” I pointed to one spot on the paper, “and here.” I pointed to the another spot and handed him a pen.

 

 

 

“Thank you.” He grabbed the pen from my grasp and began to sign the papers.

 

 

 

After a few minutes, he was done and he handed me back the pen.

 

 

 

“Well we’re all done here, Mr. Chas…” he gave me a stern look, “I mean Joshua. You can pick the painting up this Friday. Or you can call this number,” I pointed to our phone number on his copy of the paperwork, “right here if you can’t pick it up and we’ll have someone deliver it to your address on Monday between noon and seven.” I looked at him and he smiled.

 

 

 

“Ok, that sounds great.” He smiled wide. God, he’s so handsome.

 

 

 

“Alright.” I then began to gather up the scattered papers. “Thanks you so much for your time and your patience.”

 

 

 

“Oh, no thank you. If it wasn’t for you, I wouldn’t have a beautiful painting for my new house.” He smiled at me dearly, and I blushed. It was quiet for a few moments before he cleared his throat. “Well, I guess I better get going.” He stood up from his seat, and I followed in suit. He then stuck his hand out in front of me. “Thank you so much again, April.”

 

 

I nodded and shook his hand. “You’re very welcome.”

 

 

**

 

 

 

Friday had finally rolled around. Thank God it’s Friday, right? WRONG! This day was the day from hell. This morning I had the tow truck service come and pick up my car to drop it off at the mechanic’s. That didn’t go so well. They were over an hour late and still expected me to pay an arm and a leg. Bastards. Since I had some time left, I decided to catch a cab to Starbucks to get my usual coffee [since my coffee machine at home is broken], and the damn line was out the door. Apparently they were training a new hire. So, that took me another hour and a half. And they didn’t even give me what I wanted. Bastards. And to put the cherry on top of a fantastic sundae, during the cab ride to work [which cost me forty bucks in total], we had ran into construction and the cab driver decides to speed over a pothole and I ended up spilling coffee on myself [which was scorching hot, by the way ]. Not only did I probably have second degree burns, I ruined my favorite Donna Karen blouse. And all that cab driver had to say was “sorry”. Sorry? I should have made him pay for my shirt. Bastard.

 

 

Yeah, this morning was not so good for me.

 

 

As of right now, I’m sitting at my desk trying to scrub out what’s left of the coffee stain on my blouse, when I looked up and saw my co-worker, Casey Sawyer, walk in and sit down at her desk.

 

 

“Good morning.” Casey said not looking up from her rummaging through her paperwork.

 

 

“Yeah, I wish it was a good morning.” I mumbled and began to continuing to rid my shirt of that damn stain.

 

 

“What?” Casey finally looked up and saw the disgruntled look upon my face, and the huge beige spot on my shirt. “Wow, April, what happened?” She asked, her chocolate eyes written with concern.

 

 

“Let’s just say, I’ve had the morning from hell.” I said continuing to scrub out the stain, but then decided to give up and tossed the wet napkin in the trash, frustrated.

 

 

“You, ok?” She questioned.

 

 

I sighed. “Yeah, I’m fine.” I looked back at her and she had gone back to rummaging through her stuff. “So, how was your vacation?”

 

 

Casey stopped and looked up at me. Her brown eyes lit up with excitement. “Oh my gosh, April, it was so romantic. Brian and I had a fantastic time. We reconnected on that trip. It was nice to be with my husband alone. Now don’t get me wrong, I love my boys, but sometimes I just need to spend time with the man I love. We had a great time.”

 

 

“That sounds amazing, Case. I’m glad that you enjoyed it.”

 

“Oh, I definitely enjoyed it.” She smiled from ear to ear.

 

 

I envied Casey so much. She had the life that I always dreamed I’d have one day. She and her husband had been married for eight years and have two of the most gorgeous little boys I have ever seen.

 

 

I had met Casey four years ago, when I first started working at this gallery. She was one of the most gorgeous women I had ever seen. She stood at about five feet three inches. She had shoulder length strawberry blond hair, gorgeous doe-like brown eyes, and a killer smile. She was the sweetest person that I had met in a long time. She really welcomed me into this gallery with open arms.

 

 

 

“So, Teri tells me that you sold another one of your paintings?” Casey asked me.

 

 

I nodded my head. “Yeah, earlier this week. Some guy who had just bought a new home, wanted to spruce it up a bit.” I smiled.

 

 

“Wow, that’s pretty awesome.” She smiled at me genuinely. “Was he cute?” She just blurted out.

 

 

“What?” I exclaimed. I can’t believe she just asked me that.

 

 

“Was he cute?” She repeated herself.

 

 

“Casey, you’re married.” I reminded her.

 

 

“I know that, silly. I wasn’t talking about for me. I was talking about for you.” She pointed her finger at me.

 

 

“Me?” I questioned her, now pointing at myself.

 

 

“Yes, you. How long have we known each other? Four years? And I haven’t once heard you talk about a guy in your life.”

 

My jaw almost completely hit the floor. “How did we go from talking about me selling a painting to my love life?”

 

 

Before Casey could answer, Teri walked in and interrupted us.

 

 

“April, someone’s here to see you.”

 

 

 

Huh? “Me?”

 

 

 

She nodded and walked out of the office. I turned to look at Casey and she just shrugged her shoulders in response and went to turn on her computer.

 

 

I sighed and got up from my chair and walked out. I walked out to the showcase room to see him standing there. I smiled slightly at his presence. Today he wasn’t dressed in his business attire like he was earlier this week, but he did look good in his denim jeans, and white polo. Once he saw me, he smiled also.

 

 

 

“So, here to pick up your painting, Joshua?” I asked him as he stood in front of me.

 

 

“And other things.” He said smirking at me, while removing his sunglasses. He really is handsome.

 

 

“Other things?” I questioned.

 

 

“What happened?” He just blurted out and it caught me completely off guard.

 

 

“What are you--” I looked at his eyes which were now fixated on my blouse. I looked down saw that mess on it. How embarrassing. I had completely forgotten about that. I quickly crossed my arms over my chest, to try to hide the stain. “An accident.”

 

 

“Oh,” he stated. He looked back up into my eyes and smiled.

 

 

“So,” I began, “you were saying.”

 

 

 

“Yeah.” He cleared his throat. “How well do you know this place?”

 

 

O-k. “I know it pretty well. I’ve lived here most of my life.”

 

 

“Ok. Since I’m new around here, how would you feel about showing the new guy,” he pointed to himself, “a night on the town?” Ok, now my jaw hit the floor. Is he really asking me out? On a date? “Ok, I know we only met a few days ago, but I think you’re the most beautiful woman that I’ve seen, since I’ve arrived here. And I would really love to take you to dinner.” I am completely shocked. He is really asking me out on a date. “You don’t have to answer me now, ” he reaches behind him and pulls out his black leather wallet. He opened the wallet and pulled out a small, white card. “But, here’s my card.” He handed it over to me. “Just call me and let me know. My home and cell number is on there. So, call me.”

 

 

 

I took the card from his hand. “Ok.” I nodded finally able to say something.

 

 

“Ok.” He smiled. “I’ll see you later, April. Hope to hear from you.” He said as he walked out of the showcase room.

 

**

 

 

“He gave you his business card?!” Jade screamed at me on the other end of the phone, later that night.

 

 

“Yeah,” I said standing at the stove stirring my spaghetti sauce with my right hand, while cradling my white cordless phone in my left. “He wants to take me out to dinner.” I brought the wooden spoon to my lips to taste the sauce.

 

 

“I hope you told him to kick rocks.” Jade said and I burst out laughing. “AJ, that’s not funny. You reeling in the aftermath of the break-up with your married boyfriend. You don’t want this guy to be a rebound.”

 

 

I turned off the stove and switched the phone to my other ear. “I’m not rebounding anybody, Jade. I haven’t even said yes to the guy.” I walked over to my cabinet and pulled out a plate.

 

 

“Do you think he’s cute?” She asked me.

 

 

I sighed. “He’s gorgeous.” I walked back over to the stove and began to pile my plate with spaghetti noodles and sauce.

 

 

“You are going to say yes to him.” She accused me.

 

 

“Just because I said he’s gorgeous, does not mean I’m going to say yes.” With my plate of food in my hands, I sat down at my kitchen table, and began to eat my dinner.

 

 

 

“How do you know he’s not married either? You know those are the guys you attract.”

 

 

 

I sighed. “I’m hanging up now. ” I pressed the end button on the phone to end the call. I placed the phone on the table, lying it next to Joshua’s card. I picked the card up and looked at it for a few seconds. Jade didn’t know what she was talking about. I don’t have to say yes to him. I barely even know him. I put the card back down.

 

 

A few more seconds went by and picked up the card again. I don’t care what Jade said, he’s cute and he wants to take me out. I grabbed my cordless phone. Here goes nothing.

Four by jrtsnubianboricuaqueen
Author's Notes:

Courtney Rae Timberlake

Casey Sawyer

A few days later, I sat at my desk in the office, perched up to my computer, figuring out the figures to my art sales for last week, when I looked to up to see Casey walking in with a huge smile on her face. She seemed a lot more happy than usual. Although she’s the happiest person I know.

 

 

“What is going on with you? Why are you so happy?” I asked her as walked towards my desk, before settling herself on the edge.

 

 

“Someone’s here to see you.” She sung, as her chocolate colored eyes had lit up with excitement. She crossed one of her legs over the other.

 

 

I looked at her with confusion. “Who is here to see me?”

 

 

She shrugged her shoulders. “The hell if I know. He wanted to see you. He’s so cute.” She swooned. If I didn’t already know, I wouldn’t had thought that she was happily married.

 

 

“Hey, don’t make me tell Brian you’re lusting after other men.” I playfully threatened her, while she smacked her lips, waving me off.

 

 

“Oh, please! Brian does the same thing. Every woman he sees, he’s like,” she cleared her throat, “‘Man she’s fucking hot, man.’” Casey tried to imitate her husband’s voice, which caused me to bust out laughing. “It’s the truth, April. If he say that other women are hot, then I can say that other men are hot. And speaking of hot men, there is a really, really hot guy out there. Who asked personally for you.” She pointed a delicate, French Manicured, finger at me.

 

 

I sighed. “Did he say what his name was?”

 

 

Again she shrugged her shoulders. “I didn’t think to ask. I was too busy staring at his ass.” She winked and hopped off of my desk and bounced all of the way over to hers. “And it’s perfect.” She said as she sat down at her desk. I shook my head in shame at her banter. “He’s waiting for you.” She looked at me, noticing that I hadn’t moved from my seat.

 

 

Again I sighed. I reluctantly stood to my feet and walked from behind my desk.

 

“And hey, April,” I stopped in my tracks and turned to her, “you look great. Just to let you know.” She smiled and turned back to her computer.

 

 

I waved her off and continued to walk out to the showcase room. I had a clue to who it probably was that is in that showcase room. I kind have had been avoiding him. That night that I decided to call him, I decided against it. I guess it was from me being scared about calling a man that I barely knew. Or it could have been from the fact that my last boyfriend was married. And my heart was still healing from that.

 

 

 

I continued to walk out to the showcase room, when I was forced to stop dead in my tracks.

 

 

Why was he here? Oh, no. I hope I’m not hallucinating again. I knew I shouldn’t have eaten that damn turkey sandwich from the restaurant across the street, that was known for it’s excellent customer service and terrible food.

 

 

Ok, I took a deep breath, as I closed my eyes. I shook my head from side to side, trying to shake all of my bad thoughts of him. When I peeped out of my right eye to see him still standing there, I was disappointed to still find him standing there.

 

 

Ok, what if I just turned around and walked back into the office, and tell Casey to kick him out? I mean he still hadn’t noticed me. He still had his back turned towards me.

 

 

Yeah, that’s what I decided to do.

 

 

I then turned heel and started to walk back to my office. By I didn’t get two steps in, before I was stopped dead in my tracks again.

 

 

“April?” I heard his voice call out to me.

 

 

God, I felt as if I hadn’t heard his voice in forever.

 

 

“April, is that you?”

 

 

I just stood there. Why couldn’t I move? I wanted to run for the hills, but my damn feet felt like they were stuck to the ground. Oh, God, why couldn’t I just move?

 

 

I sighed, before closing my eyes. “What are you doing here?” I said still having my back toward him.

 

 

I heard him clear his throat, before speaking. “I just…I just came to see you. To see how you were doing. Joe, told me you finally had him replace that starter.”

 

I whipped my whole body around to face him. “Don’t do that. Don’t come in here, my job to be exact…don’t come in here and try to pretend that everything between us is peaches and cream, when they are not. I thought I told you that there was nothing between us anymore.”

 

 

His face tensed. I could tell that hit a sore spot. I read it in his cerulean eyes. He took in a deep breath and sighed. “April, I know that everything between us wasn’t perfect…”

 

 

I cut him off. “Perfect?! Justin, you’re married.”

 

 

“You knew that when you met me. If that that was the case, then why’d you keep fucking me?” He spat at me.

 

 

“Fuck you, Justin.” I spat at me. How dare he make me feel like the ho in this relationship?

 

 

I turned around on my heel again, intending on walking away. But before I could get anywhere, he grabbed me by my elbow, stopping me. He spun me back around towards him. “April, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean that. I just…I miss you, ok. I really need to talk to you.”

 

 

I shook my head. “We said everything that needed to be said. There’s nothing else to say.”

 

 

It was his turn to shake his head. “How do you know that? Please,” he stuffed his hands in his pockets, “just come have a cup of coffee with me.”

 

 

I shook my head for what seemed like the hundredth time today. “No, Justin. I don’t have anything to say to you.”

 

 

He looked down at me with those baby blue eyes that could make me surrender under anything. “But I have something to say to you.”

Five by jrtsnubianboricuaqueen
I couldn’t believe that I had actually agreed to do this. I actually agreed to having coffee with him. Why oh why didn’t I just turn heel and hightailed it out there. But no, there I sat, in front him, staring, while he looked down at his coffee. A tall vanilla latté with a splash of cream and two sugars.




Yeah, I remembered how he took his coffee. I remembered everything about him. I remembered the way his azure eyes lit up pre and post orgasm. I remembered the way his lips curved every time he would say my name. I remembered the way his freckles danced along his shoulder blades. I even remembered the smell of skin as he would hold me close throughout the nights. I could never forget anything about him.



But I need to. I need to just get up and walk out. Never seeing him again.




But here I sat, playing with the rim of my coffee cup, as I just watched him.




The silence was killing me, so I cleared my throat, to break the silence. “So, you wanted to talk? Talk.”




He looked up at me with those eyes that I loved so much. He licked his lips once before he opened his mouth. “April, you know that I care about you. And I love you. These past few months, excluding that night a few weeks ago, I have been miserable without you. And I’ve come to the realization that you’re the one I want…” I opened my mouth to say something, but he beat me to the chance. “Look, I know that this relationship started by a lie. I lied to my wife about you. And you lied to your family and friends about me. Well, I don’t want to live that lie anymore. I want you to see this.” He stood up and reached into his back pocket and pulled a burnt orange folder.




What the hell is that? I thought to myself.




He looked at the folder, sighed and handed it over to me.




“What is this?” I asked him grabbing the object from his hand, as he sat down.




“Open it.” He told me.




I looked at him with questions written all over my eyes.




I sighed and looked down at the folder trying to figure out what the hell was inside. I then began to untie the red string that held it together. Once getting it opened, I reached inside and pulled a packet of blue and white papers. I stared inquisitively down at the main headline.




I looked up at him. “A petition for divorce? Justin, what is this?” I turned the packet around to face him.




I hope this is not what I think it is.




“I’m doing what I should have done a year ago. I’m finally divorcing my wife. I moved out of my house the same night as that night a few weeks ago. I moved in with my cousin, who just moved here a couple of months ago.” He said resting his elbows on the table.




I can not believe this. I just can’t.




“Justin, you can’t be serious.”




“I am, April.” He said with disappointment sounding in his voice. “I thought you’d be happy about this.”




Seriously, he can’t be serious. Can he?




“Happy? Justin what about your daughter?”




“I’ve decided on joint custody.”




“And yeah, when the judge finds out that you were cheating on you wife with me, they’re not going to be so lineate towards you.” I tossed his divorced packets onto the table, before I stood to my feet.




He stood to feet also. I tried to read his eyes. They were a mixture of hurt, disappointment and anger. “April, where are you going? I’m divorcing my wife. Isn’t that what you wanted? You didn’t want to share me with anyone else, remember? Well now you can have me. All of me.” He then walked around from his side and came and stood face to face with me. “Staying with Mishelle when my heart belonged to you was the worst mistake of my life.”




His words had hit me like a ton of bricks. God, I loved him. I love him still. But what we had was wrong. And no matter what happens with us in the future, it would always be wrong. The feelings I had in my head and in my heart were two different feelings. My head was saying, ‘tear up those divorce papers and run like hell’, but my heart was saying, ‘just grab a hold of him and don’t let go’. But, I couldn’t do this. No matter what my heart said, I couldn’t let it win this one.




“Justin…” I closed my eyes and sighed. “The mistake wasn’t you staying with Mishelle. Coming to me and telling me all of this was the mistake.” I know my words stabbed him right in his chest, but I didn’t care. I couldn’t let myself care. “We’re over.” I whispered, grabbing my purse.




I was just about to walk away, when I felt his strong grip on my elbow. “April, don’t do this to me…”




I couldn’t even look him in the eyes. Afraid that I would cave in. “Go home to your wife, Justin.” I broke from his grip and breezed my way through the tiny café, avoiding the questionable stares from the other patrons that had been tuned in on me and Justin’s little scene.

This story archived at http://nsync-fiction.com/archive/viewstory.php?sid=412