The Diary of a Married Woman by jrtsnubianboricuaqueen
Summary:

Housewife, Angelica Richardson-Brown is carrying a secret from her husband.  She is carrying pop phenomenon, Justin Timberlake's child.


Categories: In Progress Het Stories Characters: Justin Timberlake
Awards: None
Genres: Drama, Romance
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 11 Completed: No Word count: 16669 Read: 54478 Published: Oct 19, 2007 Updated: Feb 17, 2009

1. Diary Entry One by jrtsnubianboricuaqueen

2. Going Back To Atlanta by jrtsnubianboricuaqueen

3. Call Me by jrtsnubianboricuaqueen

4. Diary Entry Two by jrtsnubianboricuaqueen

5. Dinner At Seven by jrtsnubianboricuaqueen

6. Diary Entry Three by jrtsnubianboricuaqueen

7. Happy Valentine's Day by jrtsnubianboricuaqueen

8. Diay Entry Four by jrtsnubianboricuaqueen

9. The Perfect Family by jrtsnubianboricuaqueen

10. Diary Entry Five by jrtsnubianboricuaqueen

11. The Truth Finally Comes Out by jrtsnubianboricuaqueen

Diary Entry One by jrtsnubianboricuaqueen
Author's Notes:
This is another throwback from the other NSync fiction board.  I had to write it from the begining, but I hope you do.  And feedback is greatly appreciated.  :p

February 12, 2004

Dear Diary,

Hi, it’s me. It’s been awhile since we’ve talked, huh? Almost six months. Well a lot of things have happened in those six months. Corey and I are back together. And guess what? I’m pregnant! Six months to be exact. But this the time where Corey and I should be really excited and really working on our marriage, but things aren’t as peachy as they seem. Well, for Corey they are. He has no clue that I’m hiding this secret that could possibly break us for good. You see, you know that Corey and I have had a lot of ups and downs during the six years that we have been together. Actually, more downs than ups. And one of those downs happened six months ago. I had found out that Corey had cheated on me, again. I really thought that was the end of us.

A couple of days after I found out, I needed to get away. So I stayed at my sister’s house for a few days. My sister had asked me to take my niece, Ericka, to her very first concert, and I accepted. Anything to get my mind off of my situation. Turns out that it was the Justified/Stripped tour with Justin Timberlake and Christina Aguilera, my nieces two favorite singers. So, I took her and we really had a good time. It was the first time I’ve smiled in days. I’ve never really been a fan of Justin Timberlake, but I thought he was attractive. And he can sing and dance. I was really there for Christina. After the concert, Ericka had two backstage passes, and we got to go backstage. We met Christina first, and she was extremely friendly. We took a picture with her with my camera phone. And then we were rushed to see Justin. He was even more handsome in person. Television doesn’t do him any justice. He took the time to sign my niece and my tickets. He was the one who actually had a little time to talk with us. We talked and we really hit off. He was extremely flirty. He’s really sweet and charming. We really didn’t have time to really talk about much, but he told me that he was staying in town overnight and that he would really love to talk to me more. I really can’t believe that I agreed to meet him back at his hotel. Come on, Diary, that really never happens. Especially not with me. Unless you’re a groupie. And that’s what I’m NOT.

After returning back to my sister’s, I contemplated on not going back to his hotel. He probably didn’t care if I showed up or not. But there was a little voice in the back of my head telling me that I should take a chance. And I did. And when I arrived, he was waiting for me. We had few drinks and continued to talk. We talked about everything. From politics to clothes. From world issues to music. We talked about it all. He was saying and doing everything that Corey hadn’t done in years. He said things to me that Corey hadn’t said in years. I guess we had a little too much to drink, and the next thing I know we’re back in his hotel room, making out. Kissing led to more kissing, which led to us having sex. Now, Diary, when I say that the sex was explosive, it was ten times better. This man knew my body so much better than my own husband. And I’ve only known him for a few hours.

I woke up the next morning to an empty bed and a note. I then felt guilty. Well, part of me did. The other part of me really wanted to hurt Corey as much as has hurt me. And this secret that I’m carrying will hurt him a lot worse than I originally thought. And it’s not the fact that I slept with another man, which would devastate him. But the secret is that the child I’m carrying and the child he thinks is his, is really not his, but Justin’s. You see, Corey and I did get back together after I had slept with Justin. I guess my guilt from sleeping with another man overpowered my anger with Corey, and I took him back. We slept together the same night we got back together. And that’s when he thinks that we conceived this baby. But technology has grown so much that they can tell down to the day when a child is conceived. And when I found out that I was pregnant, I knew in my heart that this child wasn’t Corey’s. But if he believes that this is his baby, why destroy him with the truth, right? I’ve never seen Corey this happy in a long time, and besides it’s not like I’m going to see Justin ever again. That was a one time thing. He’s an international superstar. Why would he want to deal with a lonely housewife? Am I being reasonable, Diary? Or am I being selfish? I need some advice.

Love,

Angie.

Going Back To Atlanta by jrtsnubianboricuaqueen

“Hey, baby.” Angelica Richardson-Brown looked up to see her husband, Corey Brown, enter the kitchen of their house. She quickly closed her diary.

“Hey.” He said placing a kiss on the top of her head. “How was your day?” He placed his jacket down on the seat next to Angelica’s before sitting himself.

She sighed. “You know, the usual. Housewife duties. How was your day?”

It was his turn to sigh. “Well, you know, we have to do this big merger thing. I told you that I was up for that promotion.” Corey began to struggle to get his tie off, before Angie stepped in to help her husband. “Thank you. I have to work hard to get this new company to sign with us. It’s just been, crazy.”

Angelica nodded. “Yeah, it sounds like it.”

“Anyways, enough about work. What’s for dinner?”

“Take-out.” She simply answered. She watched her husband’s face contort into disgust. “I’m sorry, babe. I don’t feel like cooking.  I'm tired as hell. This baby has been kicking my ass today.” She said looking down, rubbing her protruding stomach.

“Aww, baby.” Corey sat up, and slowly began to rub his wife’s stomach. Then he felt the kick and chuckled. “Looks like we’ve got a kicker on our hands. Let’s say NFL or MLS (major league soccer).”

Angelica scoffed. “Is that all you men think when it comes to having kids? Who’s going to be in the NFL or NBL?”

“NBA, baby.” Corey chuckled as his wife’s lack of sports knowledge.

“Whatever. And what if this,” she placed her hands on her round stomach, “is a girl?”

He leaned in and placed a kiss on his wife’s lips. “Well, she can still play soccer. Look at Mia Hamm. Or by the time she becomes an adult, they would have a NFL for women.” He smiled and Angelica shook her head. “It was just a thought.” He leaned in and kissed his wife again.

“Angie!” Someone yelled from the front of the house.

Corey sighed and put his head down in annoyance. He knew exactly who that was at the door.

“In the kitchen, Yan.” Angie yelled to the person at the front.

Not even fifteen seconds later, Aiyanna Houston, Angelica’s old sister, was standing in the doorway of Angie and Corey’s kitchen. “I need a huge favor.” Was the first thing she said walking into the kitchen.

“Hey to you, too, Aiyanna.” Corey chimed back in.

“Hey.” She turned to Corey and quickly turned back to Angelica. “I need a huge favor.” She repeated.

“You do know that our doorbell works, right?” Corey said again, interrupting Aiyanna.

“I know.” Aiyanna snapped.

“Why don’t you try using it sometimes?” Corey snapped back.

“Well, what’s the point of using it? When Angie gave me my own key.” Aiyanna said jingling the keys in Corey’s face.

Corey then turn to look at his wife. “You gave her a key?!”

“Yeah.” Angie nodded.

“For?” He questioned her again.

“I have a key to her house. What’s the big deal, Corey?”

“Because I just don’t want anybody barging in and out of my house.”

“Corey,” Angie sighed.

“No,” Aiyanna cut her sister off and turned back to Corey, “I’m not just anybody, Corey. I am her,” she pointed to Angie, “sister. And who died and made you king. This is much as my sister’s house as it is yours. Ok. Someone needs to be here to check on my sister when you‘re at “work”. ” Aiyanna used her fingers as quotes. She then turned back to her sister. “Any way. Before I was rudely interrupted, twice, I need a huge favor.”

“What is it?” Angie asked.

“You see Marquis and I have this big dinner meeting with his boss, that I truly have forgotten until about 3 o’clock this afternoon. And I need to you to watch Simone and Shawn, tonight. Please?”

Angie looked at her sister and then at her husband who was making different kind of signs to tell her to say “no”. She then turned back to her sister. “No, problem.” Corey sighed and put his head down. “I was just going to call and order a pizza or Chinese or something.

“Thanks so much.” Aiyanna hugged her sister. “You’re a life saver.” She then turned back to Corey. “And don’t think I didn’t see your reflection in the window.” She then headed for the front door. “I’ll drop them off in about an hour or so.” Was the last thing she said before Corey and Angie heard the slam of the front door.

“A key, baby? You gave her a key?” Corey asked Angie.

Angie sighed. “She is my sister, Corey. And besides it’s for emergencies.”

“And that was an emergency?” Corey said pointing towards the front door.

“She needed a babysitter.”

Corey smacked his teeth. “You should have said no. I really didn’t want to deal with Simone’s smart ass mouth and Shawn’s obsession with sticking things in places where he shouldn’t stick them.” Angie then stood to her feet, as best way she could, and reached over and smacked Corey on his arm. “Ouch!” He screamed. “What the hell was that for?” He began to rub his sore spot.

“That was for my niece and nephew.” And then she reached over and smack his other arm. “And that was for my sister.” She then waddled out of the kitchen, with Diary in hand, and into the living room.

**

“So, are you coming with us tonight or what, Justin?” Trace Ayala, Justin Timberlake’s best friend spoke to him over the phone.

“I can’t Trace.” Justin sighed.

“Can’t or won’t?”

“Same difference.” Justin answered.

“You still thinking about that girl from Atlanta?” Justin said nothing, but Trace knew the answer. “Come on , J, it’s been six months. And it was only one time. I can understand if you were in a relationship with the woman. You banged her and got out there. Good for you.”

Justin chuckled as his friend’s insensitivity. “Thanks, Trace. It’s nice to know I can count on you.”

“You can. And it’s not like you haven’t done it before. Some groupie follows you to your hotel room, and you bang the hell out of her, and we talk about it, while getting blazed. You know I live vicariously through you.”

Justin shook his head. “You’re sick, Trace. And besides she wasn’t a groupie, ok. She was different. It wasn’t just about the sex with her, even though it was the best sex I’ve had in my entire life. She was more than that, Trace.”

“Yeah, I know. She was that someone special, right? Give me a break, JT. Didn’t you say that she was married?”

“Yeah, but he doesn’t treat her right.”

Trace sighed. “Damn, J, she’s got you pussy whipped and you may never get to hit again.” He then chuckled. “You need to move on. You should’ve stayed with Cameron, man. She was hot.”

“I didn’t want Cameron. Yeah, it was fun in the beginning, but she’s not what I need. I need something more stable.”

“You’re Justin fucking Timberlake. There’s nothing stable about you.”

Justin chuckled at that. Trace was right. Justin’s life was completely unstable. Right now he’s sitting on his couch in his living room, but tomorrow he could be over in England doing a television show . That’s how crazy and hectic his life is. At the drop of a time he could be gone. Music was his life. But after he met Angie that night, she made him realize that music wasn’t everything. That he needed something more. He got that from Angie after one night, that he never got with the three years he dated Britney.

“J, you still there?” Trace snapped Justin out of his thoughts.

“Yeah, Trace I’m still.” Then idea popped into Justin’s head. “Hey, Trace, what do you say we take a trip?”

“A trip? A trip where?” But before Justin could answer, Trace answered his own question. “A trip to Atlanta, right? Hell no, Justin. You’re not going to go chasing after a married. We’ve got plenty of single beautiful women right here in LA. Why don‘t you take your pick?”

“But they’re not her. So, pack a bag, because you’re going whether you like it or not.” Justin snapped his phone shut, but re-opened it, and dialed a specific number. “Hi, yes, I need two tickets for Atlanta. Tomorrow please? Thanks.”

Call Me by jrtsnubianboricuaqueen

The next morning Angie was at home, upstairs, in her closet, doing some ‘Spring Cleaning’. Even though it’s in February. Corey had already left for work that morning. Upon cleaning, she comes across a pair of dark denim jeans.

“Oh my gosh. These are my favorite pair of jeans.” She thought out loud. “I haven’t seen these in ages.” She then placed the jeans to her waist. “Too bad I won’t be able to wear then for a while.” She sighed, looking down at her growing belly.

Folding down the jeans , intending on putting them away, a tiny, folded piece of paper fell out of the back pocket.

“What is this?” She bent over to pick of the paper. She unfolded it and read the message.

Angie,

I’m so sorry that I had to leave you like this. But I have to leave for the next city a bit early than expected. You looked so beautiful while you were sleeping, so I didn’t want to wake you. Last night was incredible. I loved talking to you. You’re very special, and if you need to talk just call ok. And if you get hungry, you can order breakfast, it’s on me.

Sincerely,

Justin

(323)555-7399

Angie stared at the note for what seemed like forever. These were the jeans that she wore the night that changed her life. The night she spent with Justin Timberlake. Quickly, she crumbled the note and threw the jeans into the black garbage bag. Walking out of the closet she tossed the crumbled ball into the waste bin beside her bed. She wanted nothing to do with him. Even though she was carrying his child, that he knew nothing about.

**

“I can’t believe that you drug me all the way here, just so you could chase after some married woman, J.” Trace expressed his latest complaint as he and Justin sat in their penthouse suite.

“You know what? I’m getting really tired of you giving me lip. Ever since we got on the damn plan, all you’ve done is complain.”

“Because I don’t want to be here!” Trace half screamed at his best friend.

“I told you. I need you here by my side.”

“What am I? Your bitch? You’re a grown man. You can figure this shit out for yourself.”

Justin sighed. “You know what, Trace? Fuck it. If you don’t want to be here, there’s the door.” He pointed to the front door of the suite. “Don’t let the door knob hit ya where the good Lord split ya.”

“You ain’t got to get all nasty with me. And besides I’m already here.”

“Well, then quit your damn complaining.”

“Any way, do you even know where this woman lives?” Trace asked changing the subject.

“No.” Justin shook his head.

“Phone number?”

Justin shook his head again. “No.”

“Do you even know her last name?”

“Ye--no.”

“Great!” Trace threw his hands up in frustration. “How did you think that you were going to find her? Hopes and dreams?”

“I don’t know. I thought I would figure that out once we got here.”

“And they call me dumb” Trace mumbled to himself.

“I don’t care how long it takes. I will find her.”

Trace smacked his teeth. “Yeah right.”

**

Angie sits on the edge of her bed, staring at the crumbled piece of paper, that was un-balled and laying on her night stand. Right after she tossed the paper in the garbage, she went back and fished it out. And now for the past ten minutes, she’s been contemplating on whether or not she should call him. ‘What if this is a fake number?’ or ‘What if he doesn’t remember?’ Were some of the questions boggling her mind. Quickly she picks up her cordless phone and presses the ‘talk’ button, but then her nerves get the best of her and she presses the button again, ending it. This goes on for the next minute before she finally gives into her nerves and presses the button, dialing the number.

**

Justin was going through his things when his cell phone began to ring. He didn’t recognize the number, but answered it anyway.

“Hello?” He answered. No one said anything. “Hello?” He asked again. Again, crickets. “Wrong number, I guess.” He said about to close his phone.

“Justin?” She finally said into the phone.

Justin swallowed the huge lump that was forming in his throat. He recognized the voice instantly. It was her. “Angie?”

“You remembered me?” Angie said in shock.

“Of course I remember you. How could I forget?”

“Oh.”

There was an awkward silence.

Justin clears his throat. “So…um how you been?”

“Good. You?”

“I’ve been doing good.”

“That’s good. I’m sorry that I never called you.”

“No…no that’s ok. I’m glad you called now. I’m actually in town for a few days and I was wondering maybe we could get together for dinner tonight.”

“I don’t know. I don’t think that would be a good idea.”

“Maybe for a drink?” He pressed. He really needed to see her.

“Justin…” She sighed.

“Please.” He begged.

“Fine.” She gave in. “I’ll go to dinner.”

He was relieved. “Thank you. Um, meet me at seven in the restaurant of the hotel that I stayed at the last time. Do you remember?”

“Yes, I remember. Look, I have to go.”

“Ok.” He nodded. “I’ll see you tonight then.”

“Yeah. See you.” She hung up her phone.

Justin closed his phone and smiled to himself.

“You are one sad, man, Timberlake.” Justin looked up at Trace. “I’ve never heard a grown man beg before, until now. It’s sad. They are going to take your playa card for this.” Trace got up and walked toward his room.

Justin shook his head at his friend. He didn’t care. He was going to see her. He’s been wanting see her ever since the night after he made love to her. He didn’t care that his friend thought he was some lovesick puppy. He didn’t care at all, just as long as he got to see her.

Diary Entry Two by jrtsnubianboricuaqueen

Dear Diary,

February 13, 2004

Yesterday I was going through a pair of my favorite jeans. Which I can’t fit anymore. (frowns) Anyway, when I went to put them away, a note fell from the back pocket. In reading the note, I realized that those jeans were the jeans that I wore the night that I slept with Justin. I tried to throw the note away. I tried to get rid of him. Any thought of him. I really wanted…I needed to do it, Diary. But it just kept calling out to me. It took awhile, but I finally got the courage to call him. When he answered, which I thought he wouldn’t, I froze. I haven’t talk to him in six months. Ever since that night. I was worried that he wouldn’t have remembered me, but he did. He remembered me, Diary. He told me that he was in town and that he wanted to see me. He asked me to go to dinner with him, tonight. And I told him I would. What am I going to do? Now I’m in the biggest dilemma in my life. How am I supposed to explain to this man, when I waddle into that restaurant tonight? I can’t tell him that I’m carrying his baby, but I can’t lie to him either. Maybe I shouldn’t go. Maybe I should call him back and tell him that I can’t make it. Diary, please help me. I really don’t know what to do. Should I go?

Love,

Angie

Dinner At Seven by jrtsnubianboricuaqueen

Angie closed her diary right when her husband walked into the bedroom.

“What are you doing?” Corey asked as he sat on the bed.

“Oh…nothing. Just writing.” Angie said holding up the diary.

Corey scoffed. “You’re always writing in that damn thing. What do you write in there anyways?”

Angie shook her head. “You know…just some personal stuff.”

“Personal stuff?” Corey looked at his wife questionably. “Personal stuff like what? Me?”

“Maybe…” She teased.

“What do you write about me in there?”

“Stuff.” She answered.

“You’re not going to tell me what’s in there? Are you?”

She shook her head from side to side. “If I told you, it wouldn’t be personal anymore.”

“Fine.” He raised his hands in defeat. “Don’t tell me what you write in there.” He began to pout.

She giggled. “You’re such a big baby.” She then turned to look at the clock on the nightstand. “You’re home early. I thought you said you had to work late.”

He began to untie his tie from his neck. “Well, we got most of the proposals done, and they let us go early. So, I was thinking that I can take my beautiful wife out to a movie or something.”

“Oh…tonight?” She asked.

He nodded his head. “Of course tonight, baby. What? You got other plans?” He joked.

She shook her head and lied. “No.”

Maybe this is the out that she needed. This was a sign. Maybe it wasn’t meant for her to see Justin tonight. Angie was then broken out of her thoughts by the shrill sound of her husband’s cell phone.

Corey unhooked his cell from his hip and looked at the id caller. He groaned inward. He then turned to his wife. “Just give me a minute.” He got up from the bed and walked out into the hallway. Only to return less than two minutes later. “Change of plans babe.” He said hooking the phone back to his hip.

“Why? What’s going on?” Angie asked concerned.

Corey sighed. “Well, some of the paperwork from our proposals are missing and we all have to go back in and redo them all. So I guess our movie night will have to continue some other time. I’m sorry.”

Angie shook her head. “Baby it’s ok. You go ahead and go. I’ll be fine. I’ll just order a pizza and watch lifetime.”

Corey then shook his head. “You and your lifetime.” He then leaned forward and placed a kiss on her forehead. “I love you. And I’m sorry.”

“Corey, it’s ok. And I love you too.”

He got up from the bed and walked out of the room.

Angie sighed. I guess it was meant for Angie to see Justin after all. Getting out of the bed, Angie walks into her closet to try to find anything that will hide her belly.

**

“Come on, J. That’s the fifth time you’ve checked yourself in the mirror. You look fine.” Trace sat on Justin’s bed as Justin was in the bathroom getting ready for his “date” tonight.

“Whatever, Trace. I want to make sure that I look good.” Justin yelled from inside the bathroom.

Trace sighed. “Was she that good in bed that she has you running across the US just to ‘talk’ to her?” He used his fingers as quotes to get his point across.

“If you want an answer, than I’ll say yes.”

“Better than Britney?” Trace raised an eyebrow.

“Yep.” Justin answered.

Alyssa?”

“Yep.”

Cameron?”

“Yep.”

Even Janet?”

Justin stuck his head out of the bathroom. “Way.”

Trace gasped and quickly reached for Justin’s cell phone that was sitting on the nightstand.

“What the hell are you doing?” Justin asked walking out of the bathroom.

“You said she was better in bed than Janet Jackson. What do you think I’m doing? I’m looking for her number.” Trace said trying to go through Justin’s phone. “Damn how do you taking the fucking lock of this piece of shit?”

Give me that.” Justin snatched the phone from his best friend’s claws. “And besides she’s mine. I saw her first.”

Trace smacked his lips in a pout. “You always get the good ones.”

Justin chuckled at Trace’s comments.

**

She was already there. Dressed in a black turtle neck and grey tea length skirt and black boots, Angie stood outside of the Westin Peachtree Plaza hotel. Re-adjusting the strap of her purse on her shoulders, she takes a deep breath, before pushing through the revolving door and entering the hotel. Walking in, Angie took in her surroundings. The hotel was the same as she remembered. The very modern wooden welcome desks to the beautiful marble floors. This hotel was very beautiful inside and out.

Remembering exactly where the Sun Dial Restaurant and Bar were located, she begins to walk in that direction. But then quickly has a change of heart and turns heel. She couldn’t do. There was no possible way that she could face him like this. No way. She walks back to the exit of the building, but stops dead in her tracks when she heard her name being called. It was him. She knew it. She could never forget that voice.

“Angie?” He calls out to her again.

She stood frozen at the revolving door. She had no idea what to do. Should she turn around and face him? The father of her unborn child. Or should she continue to walk out that door?

“Angie? Is that you?”

Taking another deep breath, Angie finally turns around to face him. Her beautiful hazel eyes were greeted with a pair of blue ones. But the blue orbs weren’t fixated on her hazels. Something else caught his attention. Her eyes followed his down to her growing belly. So much for trying to wear something to shield her pregnancy.

She then looked back up at him. Nervousness in her body language. “Hey, Justin.”

But Justin said nothing. His cerulean eyes were still glued to the one accessory that Angie had no choice, but to bring with her.

All of a sudden the tears began to form in her golden eyes. “I knew this was a bad idea.” She quickly turned around and exited the building.

Justin had finally snapped out of his trance to realize that she was already gone. He then went in pursuit of to chase after her.

Once outside, Angie stood outside waiting for valet to return her car, while pushing away the straying tears.

“Angie?” Justin called out to her while descending the stairs. She didn’t turned around. “Angie.” He called to her again once he reached her.

“What?” She turned to him.

“I’m sorry. I…just…I’m shocked to see that you’re…” He couldn’t even say it.

“Pregnant, Justin.” She whispered, finishing his sentence.

He sighed. “Come on, let’s just go back inside. To talk.” He lightly grabbed her arm lightly.

“I can’t, Justin.” She shook her head.

“Why?”

“I’m sorry that I even wasted your time by coming here. I’m a married woman, Justin. I love my husband. We’re happy.”

Justin swallowed the huge lump growing his throat. “Please.” He begged. “All I want to do is talk.”

“I can’t just talk to you Justin. After that night, things have been different for me.”

“Me too.” He confessed.

“I won’t be able to talk to you and not remember what happened.”

“What could happen, Angie? You’re pregnant with his kid.”

The valet finally returned with Angie’s car. Once the man stepped out of the car, Angie walked over to the driver’s side. “There’s so much you don’t know.” She said as she got in and closed the door. She then drove away, leaving Justin behind.

**

“So, what happened?” Trace asked once Justin returned to the room. “It’s only ,” he looked down at his watch, “7:25.”

Justin sighs before he plops down on the couch.

“I’m guessing that it didn’t go to well, huh?” Trace reached over and grabbed his bottle of water that was sitting on the coffee table.

“She’s pregnant, Trace.”

“What?!” Trace choked on his water. “Is it…” He asked Justin.

Justin shook his head. “Her husband’s.” He said sadly.

“Damn that’s messed up. I guess that’s it, huh? So, when are we going back to LA?”

“She didn’t even want to talk to me, Trace.” Justin ignored his best friend’s question.

“I told you, J. This was a pointless and useless trip. Now you know that they are having a family. So, when do we go back to LA?” Trace asked again.

Justin quickly sat up. “I’m not done, yet.” He got up from the couch and walked into his room.

Trace groaned in frustration.

Justin sat on the bed and picked up the hotel phone and dialed 411. “Hello? Information? I need an address for the number of,” he unclipped his cell from his hip and scrolled through incoming calls. He told the operator the number and got the information he needed.

For Justin, tomorrow is a new day.

Diary Entry Three by jrtsnubianboricuaqueen

 

February 14, 2004

Dear Diary,

Happy Valentine’s Day! Yeah, right. Happy frickin’ Valentine’s Day to me. This is the worst holiday of the year. It’s a holiday that Hallmark created to get people to buy unnecessary gifts for each other. Again, I am all alone today. Corey’s gone to work, as usual, and I can ’t seem to get Justin out of my head.

I went, as planned, to dinner last night. I was so nervous that I thought that I should’ve just kept my ass at home in my bed. And waited for my HUSBAND to come home. But that wasn’t the case. There I was. Walking towards the restaurant in the hotel. But again, my head was telling me something completely different, and I changed my mind and started to leave. Somewhere I shouldn’t have been in the first place. Right when I was at the exit of the hotel, I heard it. His voice had called my name.

God, his voice is like music to my ears. I told myself ‘it was either now or never’. And so I picked now. I turned around to say hi. He looked amazing. He was dressed in black slacks and a white button down shirt. His head was completely shaved and his face was clean.

When he saw my extra “baggage”, he just stood there, not saying anything. I don’t know why, but that had gotten me upset and I walked out of the hotel. I guess I was using that as an excuse to find a way to leave. He did follow me outside. He told me that he just wanted to talk, and I couldn’t. Because if I did, I would have slept with him again. Pregnant and all.

He thinks this is Corey’s baby. I didn’t have the heart to tell him. I just left him, standing there. I came home to an empty house, like always, and cried myself to sleep. Why is this so damn confusing? I’m stuck between a rock and a hard place. I need help. Oh, there’s my doorbell. Talk to you later.

Love,

Angie.

Happy Valentine's Day by jrtsnubianboricuaqueen
Author's Notes:

Hey, I know that you have been wondering about where I've been.  But I was out of commission for a while.  No internet. :(  But now I am back up and back on.  Here's another chapter.

 

This one is for you Juno!

 

 

 

As the doorbell rang, Angie closed her Diary, and placed it back in her secret hiding spot. Placing her reading glasses on her nightstand, she got up from the bed. She then slipped her delicate feet into her fuzzy bedroom slippers, and headed for the door.

 

 

“Coming!” She yelled, wobbling down the stairs. The person on the other side of the door sounded like they were becoming impatient.

 

 

Looking through the peephole to see who was standing at her front door, her eyes widened in astonishment. Her hazel eyes had came in contact with a pair of blues. She quickly backed away. What the hell? How the hell did he find out where she lived? She looked through the peephole again, to make sure she wasn’t hallucinating. But nope, she wasn’t. He was definitely standing at her front door.

 

 

She was thinking that maybe she shouldn’t answer the door, but then again, she didn’t want to leave him out in the cold.

 

 

Taking a deep breath, she opened the door. He was standing there dressed in a turtleneck, designer jeans and a brown leather jacket. He was holding a bouquet of Lilies and a box of chocolates that was being held by a teddy bear.

 

 

“Hi.” He said smiling at her.

 

 

She couldn’t help, but smile back. “Hi, Justin. You do know that stalking is illegal in all fifty states?”

 

 

He chuckled. “I’m aware of that.”

 

 

She sighed and moved to the side to let him in. “Come in.”

 

 

He slowly walked into the house. He then turned around to her, as she was closing the door. “These are for you.” He handed her the chocolates and the flowers. “I remember you told me Lavender Lilies were your favorite. Happy Valentine’s Day.” He hesitated, leaning in to place a kiss on her cheek.

 

 

“You remembered that?” Angie said inhaling the sweet aroma that adorned her flowers.

 

 

“I remember everything you told me.” He smiled.

 

 

“Oh.”

 

 

An awkward silence covered the two.

 

 

“Um,” Angie cleared her throat, breaking the silence, “you can have a seat.” She pointed to her couch. “I’m going to put these in water.”

 

 

“Ok.” Justin sat as Angie, wobbled into her kitchen.

 

 

Justin looked around the neatly decorated home. There walls were decorated with pictures of Angie, and what Justin thought were her husband and family. Her house wasn’t as lavish and luxurious as his home in LA, but it had a certain kind of comfort. Something that he could definitely get used to.

 

 

“You have a nice home.” Justin said as Angie reappeared from the kitchen.

 

 

“Thank you.” She cautiously sat next to him on the couch, taking in his heavenly aroma.

 

 

Another awkward silence had come upon them.

 

 

“I’m sorry.” Both of them said in unison, before breaking out into a light chuckle.

 

 

“Go ahead.” Justin said.

 

 

Angie nodded. “I’m sorry for just bolting out of there without explaining myself. You know…hormones.” She said placing her hand on her round belly.

 

 

Justin looked down at where her hand was placed. A pain shot through his heart.

 

 

He looked back up at her. “I should be the sorry one. I just didn’t know how to react to your…condition.” He couldn’t bring himself to say it. Because then he would have to believe that the woman who had his heart was having a child with another man. “I guess I was just shocked.”

 

Angie nodded again. “Yeah, I can understand that. Trust me I was more shocked to when I found out that I was pregnant myself.”

 

 

Justin swallowed the huge lump that was now forming in his throat. “So, how far along are you?”

 

 

“Six months.” She answered.

 

 

“Almost to the end, huh?”

 

 

She nodded in agreement, as she still rubbed her belly. “Yep.”

 

 

“Nervous?”

 

 

“Shitless.” She answered honestly.

 

 

“How does your husband feel about, you know, the baby?” Justin asked nervously, cringing at the thought of mentioning her husband.

 

 

“He’s…uh…excited. A little bit nervous, but excited none the less.”

 

 

“Speaking of, is he here?” Justin asked scanning the room for any signs that her husband could be home.

 

 

She shook her head. “No, he’s working.”

 

 

“Should we be expecting him anytime soon?”

 

 

“Not really. He’s working on closing this big merger deal thing at work.” She scratched her head trying to remember what was really going on at her husband’s job.

 

 

“And he left you here all alone on Valentine’s Day?!”

 

 

“Working is very important to him.” She tried to justify.

 

 

“More important than his own wife?” He pushed.

 

 

“Justin…” She sighed.

 

 

“I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to…”

 

 

Angie cut him off. “I know. And besides Valentine’s is not my favorite holiday anyway.” She took her hand that were on her belly and placed it in her lap.

 

 

“What?! Valentine’s is the best holiday. It’s right up there with Christmas, Thanksgiving, St. Patty’s, and my birthday.” He smiled.

 

 

She chuckled. “Your birthday is not a holiday.”

 

 

“It is to me.” He smiled at her again. “Why don’t you like holidays?”

 

 

“Because…well I don’t know. Ever since I could remember, I’ve always been alone on Valentine’s Day. Well, most holidays actually.”

 

 

“Really?”

 

 

“Yeah, it’s no big deal. I’m kind of used to it. Corey works most holidays. My mom spends time with her boyfriend. And my sister has her own family. So that leaves me all alone.”

 

 

“Oh.” Justin said feeling kind of bad that Angie’s never really experienced a real Valentine’s day. “Well, that’s about to change.”

 

 

“Why?” She questioned.

 

 

“Go and get dressed.” He demanded.

 

 

“Why?” She questioned again.

 

 

“Because I refuse to let you spend another Valentine’s Day alone. So, I’m going to take you and you’re going to show me around Atlanta.”

 

“Are you serious?”

 

 

“As a heart attack. Now go.” Justin said, pointing towards Angie’s staircase.

 

 

She looked deep into his deep blues, seeing that he was dead serious. She sighed, before standing to her feet. She then retreated from the living room, and waddled her way up the stairs to her bedroom.

 

 

 

**

 

 

 

“I can’t believe that I’m actually doing this.” Angie said as she sat in the passenger side of Justin’s rental truck. Justin drove down the street.

 

 

She turned over to look at him. He then turned to look at her, smiled, and then turned his attention back to the rode.

 

 

“I hope you don’t mind.” Justin started. “I have to stop by my hotel room really quick.”

 

 

She nodded, placing her hands in her lap. “Yeah, that’s fine.” She turned out of the window, to watch the beautiful scenery.

 

 

**

 

 

 

“Trace?! You here?” Justin yelled once he and Angie walked into his penthouse suite.

 

 

“Where else would I be?” A sleepy looking Trace said as he walked out of his room, dressed in his boxers, and a I’m With Stupid t-shirt. His mess of curls, were disheveled, and he had huge bags under his chocolate eyes. He rubbed his eyes, yawned, and stretched.

 

 

“Just got up?” Justin asked, and Trace nodded. “Hey, I want you to meet somebody.”

 

 

Now Trace was awoke. “Oh, shit, J. You didn’t tell me we were having company.” He looked down at himself. “I look a mess.”

 

 

Justin just looked at his friend, mockingly. “That’s nothing new.”

 

 

Trace just flipped Justin the bird, in response. “Very funny, Timberdork.”

 

 

Justin shook his head. “Anyways, Trace, this is Angie.” He then turned to Angie, who was standing behind him, apprehensively. “Angie, this my best friend, Trace.”

 

 

“Hi.” They both shook each others’ hand.

 

 

“Angie, it’s nice to finally meet you. I’ve heard so much about you.” Trace said, smiling.

 

 

“All good I hope.” She smirked, looking Justin’s way.

 

 

“Trust me, it was all good.” Trace says giving Angie a devilish smile.

 

 

But before Angie could notice Trace’s facial expression, Justin stepped in. “Hey, Angie,” he turned to her, “you can have a seat in there.” He pointed in the direction of where the den resided. “I’ll just be a few minutes.”

 

 

She nodded. “Alright.” She then turned heel and walked toward the place that Justin had pointed to.

 

 

As soon as Angie disappeared from Justin’s sight, he then reaches over to slap Trace upside his head.

 

 

“Ouch! What the fuck you’d do that for?” Trace practically screamed, rubbing the sore spot on the back of his head.

 

 

“That was for being an ass.” Justin spat back at his rude friend.

 

 

“Being an ass? What the hell are you talking about?” Trace shrugged his shoulders in question.

 

 

“You know damn well what I’m talking about.” Justin whispered, not wanting Angie to hear his conversation with Trace. “I don’t want you,” Justin pointed his finger toward Trace, “telling Angie,” he then pointed toward the den, “what I,” then pointed to himself, “told you. Ok? You got that?” He threatened.

 

 

Trace nodded, still rubbing his aching head. “Yeah, but you ain’t got to hit me.”

 

 

“Well,” Justin folded his arms across his chest, “you needed to get some sense knocked into you.”

 

 

Trace smacked his lip together. “Whatever, man. How ‘bout I knock some sense into you?” He then shoved his fist into Justin’s face.

 

 

Justin then smacked Trace’s hand out of his face, and Trace shook his hand in pain. “I want to see you try, midget.”

 

 

“Who you calling a midget?” Trace pouted, nursing his aching hand.

 

 

“You, dummy.” Justin told Trace walking off toward his room in the huge suite.

 

 

“Hey, get back here. I’m not through with you.” Trace argued, following Justin.

 

 

**

 

 

 

Minutes had gone by leisurely for Angie. She had been sitting on the couch in the den for five minutes, but to her it felt like it had been five years. She sighed uneasily to herself.

 

 

She like Justin’s friend, Trace, from what she just met. He was nice and sweet. But she felt a little uneasy of what Justin had said about her to him. She did noticed that look on Trace’s face when she asked him if Justin had said nice things about her. She wondered what he told him.

 

 

Angie didn’t mean to eavesdrop on their conversation, but her ears couldn’t help but over hear what they were talking, or arguing, it seemed like to Angie, about. She didn’t understand what they were talking about, but she knew it was about her. She had heard her name being dropped once or twice.

 

 

Angie also knew in the back of her mind that she shouldn’t be here. She knew that it was wrong to be here, but for some reason it just seemed ok. She loved and cared for Corey deeply, but there was something about Justin, that she couldn’t quite put her finger on, that drew her near. She didn’t know what that was, but she knew that it was something huge. Maybe, it was the way he smiled, that made her heart fluttered. Maybe, it was the way his gorgeous blue eyes lit up when he smiled. Maybe, it was the way that he remembered all of her favorite things. It had taken Corey two years in to their relationship before remembering what her favorite color was. Or maybe it was the way he held her close the night they made love. Justin was obvious the perfect man for her. So, why did she want to be stuck in a one-sided marriage?

 

 

“Hey, beautiful,” Justin whispered into Angie’s ear, breaking her out of her train of thought.

 

 

Jumping at the sound the sound of his voice, she turned her head around to face him. His soft, pink lips mere inches from hers. She backed away a little. “Justin, you scared me.”

 

 

“I’m sorry.” He said lifting himself from behind her and walking around to sit next her on the couch. “So,” he pursed his lips together, “what were you thinking about?”

 

 

“What…what makes you think that I was thinking about something?” She apprehensively looked down at her hands, that were in sitting in her lap.”

 

 

“I don’t know,” he shrugged his shoulders, “maybe by the way that you were staring off into space.”

 

 

She then looked back up into his eyes the color of the ocean, rimmed with a little hint of grey. “I was staring?”

 

 

He nodded fervently. “Pretty much.” He smiled wide.

 

 

She blushed turning her head away from him. She really didn’t know why or how he does that to her. “I don’t know.” She shrugged. “I was just thinking about a lot of stuff.” Again, she looked down at her hands.

 

 

“Stuff like what? Me?”

 

 

She looked back up at him, nodding. “You, me, my husband,” again, she shrugged, “everything.”

 

 

“Oh.” Was the only thing he said.

 

 

Yet, another awkward silence fell upon them.

 

 

Angie cleared her throat, breaking the silence. “Trace seems nice.” She decided to change the subject.

 

 

Justin nodded once again. “Yeah, about as nice as a hemorrhoid.” He joked, causing her to giggle lightly. “No, I’m serious. He’s my boy and all, but sometimes he could be a huge pain in my ass.” He licked his lips as Angie continued her laughter. “He’s like a scab. No matter many times you pick at it, it always comes back.” Angie just laughed even harder, and Justin just stared at her.

 

 

He was just in awe by how beautiful she was. Everything down to her laugh was the most beautiful thing he had ever seen.

 

 

Angie stopped laughing once she caught Justin’s eyes boring into hers. “What?” She asked him.

 

 

He reached out and gently rubbed his index finger on her cheek. “God, you’re just so beautiful.” He whispered to her and she just blushed.

 

 

Again the pairs’ eyes connect. Justin then began to lean forward. As soon as their lips were about to connect, Angie quickly backed away.

 

 

“Um,” she cleared her throat, “I think it’s time we should go.”

 

 

Disappointed, Justin stood to his feet. “Ok.” His strong hand reached out for Angie as he helped her off of the couch.

 

 

After grabbing his keys, Justin and Angie then headed out of the hotel room.

 

 

**

 

 

 

“So, you hungry?” Justin asked, breaking the dreadful silence between the two, as they drove down the street.

 

 

“Yeah, sure.” Angie answered, nodding.

 

 

“So,” he drummed his fingers on his steering wheel, “where’s the best place to get some grub?”

 

 

“I don’t know.” She shrugged her shoulders. “There’s too many to choose from. Atlanta is the city for southern cooking.”

 

 

Justin nodded. “Well then I came to the right place.” He chuckled, and she smiled. “Hey, how about we go here?” He then pointed to a soul food restaurant on his left.

 

 

“Yeah. That’s a great place. Corey took me there on…never mind.” Angie stopped herself from mentioning her husband in Justin’s presence.

 

 

“No,” Justin shook his head, “go ahead. It’s cool.”

 

 

“No, that’s ok. It’s not that big a deal anyway.”

 

 

“Oh.” He said taking a long pause. “So, how’s the food?” He quickly changed the subject back to the restaurant, before another silence had bestowed upon them.

 

 

“Greasy.” She answered.

 

 

Again, he smiled. “Then that’s perfect.”

 

 

Justin then makes a left and drives into the parking lot of the restaurant.

 

 

“Are you sure you want to do this?” Angie asked as Justin parked his truck.

 

 

“Want to do what?” He turned and looked down at her.

 

 

“Be here…with me. You and some pregnant woman,” she placed her hands on her tummy, “out in the open, having lunch. Aren’t you afraid of what the tabloids are going to say?”

 

 

He shrugged, taking off of his seatbelt. “Why should I care? They make up lies about me all of the time. As long as I know what’s going on, that’s all that matters.” He said giving her his famous half grin smile.

 

 

“Whatever you say.” She jokingly said, as the two retreats from the car.

 

 

**

 

 

 

“My Granny makes the best Peach Cobbler in the entire world.” Justin boasted as he and Angie sat in the restaurant.

 

 

Angie rolled her eyes at Justin. “Please, my Nana Norma Jean’s Sweet Potato Pie would put your Granny’s Peach Cobble to shame.”

 

 

“Them fighting words little girl.” Justin jokingly pointed his index finger in Angie’s face. “You can’t be talking about my Granny’s Peach Cobbler, when you have no idea what you’re talking about.” He smirked and she just rolled her eyes at him again. “Hey, don’t roll your eyes at me.”

 

 

“Anyways,” she retorted causing him to now roll his eyes at her, “what has life been like for you, Mr. Timberlake?”

 

 

“Life has been pretty sweet for me. I’ve been signed to do a few movies. And I’ve been dabbling with a few ideas for my next album.”

 

 

Angie nodded. “That’s good to hear. So,” she cleared her throat, “what happened with, uh, Miss Diaz?” Angie smirked, cutting Justin off guard with her question.

 

 

 

“Been checking up on me, huh?” He also smirked.

 

 

“No, I’ve just so happened to walk past a magazine, or two, with your faces on them. I might have read them while I was in line at the grocery store.” She lied.

 

 

He shrugged his shoulders. “After the tour, Cameron and I sort of hooked up.” He said kind of nonchalant.

 

 

“Well that’s vague. I think I recall seeing the two of you making out on a surfboard in Hawaii on US Weekly.”

 

 

Again he smiled at the thought of her checking up on his current love life. “You sure you haven’t been checking up on me?”

 

 

“Don’t change the subject, Timberlake.”

 

 

“Oh, so, we’re on a last name basis now?” He joked and she smiled at him condescendingly. “Fine.” He sighed. “I can admit that things were getting pretty serious between Cameron and me, but it just didn’t work out.” He absentmindedly played with the rim of his glass that was filled with homemade sweet tea.

 

 

“Why?”

 

 

“Because…let’s just say I couldn’t get a certain someone out of my head.” He looked at Angie with those piercing eyes of his, and the butterflies in her belly began flutter feverously. And then he realized that he was making her feel a little uncomfortable. “And besides, Cameron was a little too much for me. All she wanted to was party, surf, and party some more. And I know me being twenty-three, I have to totally be into the whole party scene, but sometimes I just like to kick back at home with a few beers and movies. You know?”

 

 

She nodded. “Yeah, I do.”

 

 

“Well,” he grabbed the menu and opened it, “let’s see what they have.”

 

 

**

 

 

 

“Oh, man, that was the best thing I’ve eat in a long time.” Justin said rubbing his full belly as he and Angie walked out of the restaurant.

 

 

“Yeah that was good.” She nodded.

 

 

“So,” he turned to her, “where to now?”

 

 

Angie didn’t even have a chance to answer the question when all of a sudden a group of men and the flashing of bulbs popped out of no where, scaring both her and Justin.

 

 

Hey, Justin, who is this woman, your girlfriend?” One of the men asked Justin, as he and Angie tried to walk back to the truck.

 

 

What happened with Cameron, Justin?” Another man asked.

 

 

What are you doing here in Atlanta? Coming to see your girlfriend?” Another asked.

 

 

Is she pregnant with your child?” Another one asked.

 

 

Angie was getting a little nervous at the flashing and the questioning coming from the unwanted paparazzi. They had swarmed her completely and started harassing her with questions.

 

 

Hey, how long have you known Justin?”

 

 

How did you meet?”

 

 

How far along are you in your pregnancy? When did you know you were pregnant with Justin’s baby?”

 

 

Justin quickly walked over to Angie, grabbing her by the hand, and briskly walked her over to the truck. Opening the locks, Justin helped Angie in, before closing the door. He then quickly walked back over to his side of the truck, before hopping in himself. After Justin had locked all of the locks, Angie had noticed that the same men had swarmed themselves around Justin’s truck, still asking questions and snapping pictures.

 

 

“Get out of the way!” Justin shrieked, trying to get the paparazzi away from his vehicle. He then pressed his thumbs on both sides of the steering wheel, causing the sound of a large horn to echo through the crowd of photogs. “Get out of the fucking way!” He screamed again, before placing the truck in reverse.

 

 

Slowly he started to back out, and the gathering of paparazzi started to separate themselves, not wanting to be injured by a moving vehicle. Once he found a clearing, Justin headed for the exit of the parking lot.

 

 

“So,” Angie cleared her throat after, yet, another awkward silence, “is this what you go through everyday?” She asked, keeping her eyes focused on the road ahead of her.

 

 

Justin turned to look at her, as he drove down the street. He sighed heavily. “Angie, I’m so sorry. They shouldn’t have done that to you.”

 

 

She then turned to look at Justin. “It’s ok.”

 

 

He turned back to the road, before turning back to her. “Are you sure? I mean, they---”

 

 

She cut him off. “Justin, I’m sure. It’s fine.”

 

 

Angie might have said that she was fine, but she wasn’t fine. Those paparazzi men, scared the life out of her, and she wondered how Justin could take all of that. But the thing that had gotten to her were the questions. Even the paparazzi knew before Justin that he was the father of her child. She knew that they really didn’t know, but to her it was kind of ironic. Justin didn’t know that the paparazzi was actually right in their questioning about Angie’s baby.

 

 

 

**

 

 

 

 

Justin and Angie spent the entire day together. After leaving the restaurant, the two headed to the Centennial Olympic Park. They walked around and took in all of the sights. They had a great time just talking about everything and everyone they knew. After leaving the park, they went sight-seeing some more, going to see the home to the greatest Civil Right’s leader, Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. After leaving there, they then headed off to Underground Atlanta, where they went shopping, well Justin went shopping, Angie just window shopped. Justin tried to buy Angie some things, but she just turned him down.

 

 

For dinner, they dined at one of many restaurants that were in Underground Atlanta.

 

 

Surprisingly for Angie and even more surprisingly for Justin, he was hardly recognized. After what happened in the parking lot, at the restaurant, things had seemed pretty calm. But, they had that occasional fan, who had recognized him, that came up and asked for his autograph, who he gladly obliged. Mostly, it was just Justin and Angie.

 

 

“Justin, I had a great time tonight.” Angie said as she and Justin walked up to her front door.

 

 

“Yeah, I had a great time too.” He said nodding, stuffing his hands into his jean pockets. “Maybe, I can see you tomorrow?” He asked her anxiously, balancing on the balls of his feet.

 

 

“I’ll call you.” She smiled, turning toward her front door, but turning back around to face him. “Thanks for the best Valentine’s Day ever. I’ll never forget this.” She leaned up hesitantly, before placing a chaste kiss upon his cheek. “Good night.” She said before turning around and unlocking her front door.

 

 

“Night.” He waved walking back to his truck.

 

 

Angie walked into her home. She closed the door, leaned her back up against it, and sighed deeply.

 

 

“Where were you?” A light quickly turned on.

 

 

Angie nearly jumped out of her skin, when she heard the sound of his deep, masculine voice. “Oh, my God, Corey. You scared me.” She placed her hand over her now racing heart.

 

 

“I said, where were you.” He stood up from his seat on the couch.

 

 

“I was…I was out with a friend.” Nervously, Angie said, walking further into the house. It wasn’t a complete lie, but not the whole truth.

 

 

“You were out with a friend? What’s this friend’s name?” Corey began to walk toward Angie.

 

 

Angie swallowed hard. “A friend from a long time, Corey. Why are you tripping?” She asked trying to walk away from him, taking off her scarf.

 

 

But Angie was too, slow. Corey gripped her by her elbow. “I’m not going to ask you again, what’s was this friend’s name?” He repeated, but this time it was a little more loudly.

 

 

“I told you, this is a friend from a long time ago. What’s it to you?”

 

 

What’s it to me? I come home expecting my wife to be here, so I can spend Valentine’s Day with her, since I’m always working.” He let go of her elbow. “I go out and I by her favorite flowers,” he pointed toward the couch, where a bouquet of Lavender Lilies laid across it. “And I walk into the kitchen and find the same flowers already in a vase.” He scratched his head in confusion. “I even booked us reservations at Bacchanalia. Do you know how long it takes to even get put on the waiting list for that restaurant? I had to beg my boss to get us reservations. And you know I don’t beg anybody?”

 

 

Guilt was now written all over Angie’s face. “Corey, I don’t know what to say. Why didn’t you just tell me?”

 

 

He sighed heavily. “I wanted it to be a surprise.”

 

 

“I’m sorry.” She said, sadly looking down at her feet.

 

 

“Well, sorry is not going to cut it.” He told her sternly.

 

 

Quickly, Angie shot her eyes back up toward her husband. “Wait a minute? You are getting mad at me because I wasn’t home to be here for your surprise Valentine’s Day dinner, but there have been plenty of times when I had to cancel dinner plans, because you were always working late. Or the many times you’ve decided that work was more important than spending time with your wife.” Angie ranted to Corey. “How about the times that I have been here waiting for you to come home? I can’t believe you, Corey.”

 

 

Corey said nothing, but just shook his head at his pregnant wife. “Happy Valentine’s Day.” He just handed a blue velvet box with a tiny card attached. He didn’t even wait for her open it, before he retreated upstairs.

 

 

Looking down at the box, Angie took the card from the white envelope, opening it. Silently, she began to read what was said on the card.

 

 

My Dearest Angelica,

 

 

I know that we have been through some turbulent times in our relationships. Especially from me. But we’ve continued to strive and pull our love through. I know that you’ve never really had the best Valentine’s Day, but I want to make it up to you. And I hoping that you would give me that chance. Starting tonight.

 

 

In the past, I’ve done you wrong. I’ve let you down, but I really want to make it right. I need to make it right. We’re about to have our first child together, in three months, and I want this baby to have the life I never had growing up. Two parents who love him and who love each other. You’re so beautiful to me, and I never want to imagine my life without you. You’re the air I breathe. You are my life. And I love you. And I will always love you and our baby forever.

 

 

And I know that this won’t make up for the times I’ve had stood you up. But I hope this will be a start. A new beginning for us. And for our baby.

 

 

Happy Valentine’s Day, my love.

 

 

With All My Love,

Corey

 

 

She closed the card as the tears began to cascade down her face. All of this time she thought Corey never loved her the way she loved him. Never cared. But this changes everything.

 

 

Guilt had bubbled up inside of her right now. She felt guilty for everything that’s going on right now. Now, she regretted going out with Justin today. She regretted ever seeing him again, ever calling him. She even regretted for ever going to that damn concert.

 

 

She looked down at the box that was in the palm of her hand. She took in a deep breath, before clicking it open. To her surprise it was a solid, white gold locket. Taking the necklace from it’s holder, she opened the heart-shaped centerpiece. She was even more surprised to see a picture of her husband on the left side and the first sonogram picture of “their” baby on the right. Closing the locket, she turned it over and read the inscription: Now You Can Keep Us Both In Your Heart, Your Loving Child and Husband.

 

 

The tears still were free falling from her eyes, as she walked up the stairs. Walking into her bedroom, she found that it was completely empty. Corey was no where in sight. The bed didn’t even look like anyone had touched it. It was left the way she had left it this morning.

 

 

She then walked out of the bedroom and down the hall to their guest bedroom. She went to turn the knob, but found it locked. This was where Corey would sleep whenever he and Angie had their arguments. Instead of sleeping in the same bed with her, he opted to sleep in the guest room.

 

 

Figuring that he wanted to be alone, Angie, sorrowfully, walked back to her bedroom. She went to bed that night the same she went every night. Miserable and alone.

Diay Entry Four by jrtsnubianboricuaqueen

February 15, 2004

 

 

Dear Diary,

 

Like I said, Valentine’s Day is the worst Holiday out of the year. Well, I can admit yesterday that I did have a great time with Justin. I know! It must sound completely insane, but I just have to remember to have my number as unlisted. He just showed up at my door, looking entirely too good, for his own good. He surprised me when he gave me a bouquet of my favorite flowers, Lavender Lilies. When he came over, we talked for awhile. He asked me about the baby, and I still didn’t have the heart to tell him. But then we talked about Valentine’s Day, and how much I disliked it. Because I always spend it by myself. Then out of nowhere he suggested that we spend the day together. I was a little hesitant at first, but I decided ‘what the hell, I wasn’t doing anything anyway’. So, I agreed to go out with him.

 

 

Stopping by his hotel, I met his best friend, Trace. He was a nice guy. A little immature, but nice. While I was sitting in the den waiting for Justin’s return, I did a lot of thinking. But I still couldn’t come up with a solution to the mess that I’m in. When Justin came back in, we talked again. And then he tried to kiss me! Lord knows how much I wanted to, but the Lord also knows that I am a married woman. So, I pulled away from him.

 

 

When ended up having lunch at Big Mama’s House. More talking was done. A debate over whose Grandma’s homemade after meal sweets had started between us. And of course my Nana’s sweet potato pie wins, hands down. Just don’t tell Justin I told you so. I asked him about Cameron, but he told me that things didn’t work out. I tried to pretend I wasn’t a little jealous at that. He didn’t know that every time I saw him on the cover of a magazine, that I would buy it, or whenever I saw him on TV, I would record it. Corey just think I have an obsession with celebrities. But that’s not it.

 

 

Leaving the restaurant, we got bum rushed by the paparazzi. I had never been so scared in my life. How did they know that he was here? How did they know where to find him? Were all the questions I had in my head. And speaking of questions, the paparazzi were relentless in their quest for information. It kind of scared me to hear that they knew more about the paternity of my pregnancy than the actually father of my baby.

 

 

It was dark by the time I had arrived home. Justin walked me to my door, as we said goodbye. Walking into the front door of my home, Corey appeared from nowhere, scaring the life out of me. He started asking me questions about my whereabouts. And I was dancing around the subject. He told me about the surprise dinner that he wanted to take me too. And he finally remembered my favorite flowers. I wasn’t understanding why he was getting so upset at me, when he had done this to me, so many times in the past.

 

 

He got angry and walked up the stair, but not before giving me my Valentine’s Day present. I read the card that was attached to the gift. It brought me to tears. I opened the gift he got for me. Diary, it was so beautiful. It was a heart-shaped locket, with his picture on one side and the picture of our baby’s sonogram on the other. He also had it engraved. I immediately felt guilty. We slept in separate rooms last night. When I tried to talk to him this morning, before he left for work, he just shrugged me off.

 

 

Diary, what am I to do?

The Perfect Family by jrtsnubianboricuaqueen
Author's Notes:
A new update!  It's been awhile since I've been able to update this quickly.  I hope you all enjoy.

Angelica felt immense guilt for what happened last night. She felt awful that her husband had planned this special Valentine’s Day evening for her, and she was out spending it with another man. She hated the fact that Corey was upset with her. So, she decided to make things right with her husband. And the first thing she had to do was cut Justin out of her life. It wasn’t going to be easy, but this is what she thought what was best for her sake and for the sake of her marriage.

 

 

She figured that it had been awhile since she had visited Corey at work, and she wanted to do something special for him. She made all of his favorite foods, and packed a nice lunch for him.

 

 

As she was leaving the house, her cell, began to ring. She lifted the device up to her face, to read the incoming call. Justin. She had saved his number into her phone last night. Well, he saved it into her phone. Sighing, she had hit the ignore button and continued to walk out of her house.

 

**

 

 

 

Upon arriving at Corey’s job, Angie had begin to feel excited. She really wanted to tell Corey that she was sorry for everything. She really wanted to fix things, and get them right. As she walked into the building, she walked straight to the elevator. The elevator had taken her to the thirteenth floor, where she knew her husband’s office resided.

 

 

“Hey, Mrs. Brown.” Angie was greeted by Sierra Reynolds, Corey’s assistant, once she stepped off of the elevator.

 

 

“Hey, Sierra.” Angie smiled at the young girl.

 

 

“How you doing? How’s the bun in the oven?”

 

 

“I’m fine. We’re fine.” Angie responded, placing a hand on her growing belly, rubbing it softly. “How are you?”

 

 

“I’m ok. You bring Mr. Brown lunch?”

 

 

“Yep.” Angie held up the basket. “So, is my husband in his office?”

 

 

Sierra nodded. “Yeah, go right in.”

 

 

“Thanks, girl.” Angie said walking past Sierra’s desk, and walked right into Corey’s office.

 

 

Once Angie opened the door, her eyes caught the sight of her husband and a co-worker of his, Carmen Torres, who was sitting atop his desk. The two were laughing and giggling. Angie cleared her throat, and the laughing pair stopped to look at her. “Am I interrupting something?”

 

 

“Angie?!” Corey jumped up in from his seat in shock, seeing his pregnant wife standing at the door to his office. “Wh…what are you doing here?” He said slowly walking over to her.

 

 

“Well,” Angie began flitting her light eyes toward her husband and Carmen, “I decided to bring you lunch to make up for what happened last night, but it seems like you’ve already gotten take out.” She turned waved to Carmen. “How you doing Carmen? How’s your husband?”

 

 

Carmen ignored Angie’s question and hopped off of Corey’s desk. She fixed her cream colored, high waist, skirt, that had risen from sitting on the desk. She walked over to Angie and Corey. “Corey, I’ll meet you in ten minutes.” She said rudely brushing past Angie. If Angie wasn’t pregnant right now…

 

 

“Ten minutes? What’s in ten minutes?” Angie questioned her husband once Carmen was out of their view.

 

 

“Uh, baby,” Corey stuttered, “Mrs. Torres and I have already made plans to go out for lunch.” He said scratching the back of his head.

 

 

Angie glared at her husband for a moment, before slapping the basket of food across his chest. “Fuck you, Corey.” She stormed out of his office.

 

 

“Angie, baby, wait,” Corey placed the basket down on his office couch, and began to follow in pursuit of his wife. “Angelica! Angie, wait!” He chased back to the elevator. “Baby, let me explain.” He grabbed her elbow. “Would you please wait?” He spun her toward him. “Angie, it’s just lunch. Why are you being this way?”

 

 

Liar. Do you actually think that I’m stupid? Or that I’m just that naïve?” Angie peered at Corey, anger dancing in her bright eyes. “Please! Carmen Torres!” She shrieked, not caring that she was currently giving a show to some of Corey’s other co-workers, and they began to appear from their offices. “Come on, now. She makes fucking Paris Hilton look like the Virgin Mary.”

 

 

“Will you lower your voice and calm down? You’re embarrassing me!” Still holding onto her elbow, pulling her body close to him.

 

 

“Oh, I’m embarrassing you? I’m embarrassing you?! You’re the one fucking around on me, and I’m embarrassing you. What about all the times you embarrassed me in front of my family, huh?! What about then?!” She snatched her elbow from his grip. “What about last night? In your card, you said you wanted to start things over. Start fresh. So, I guess this means nothing to you.” She grabbed onto the locket that Corey had given her for Valentine’s Day. “I mean nothing to you? And just to think I was coming here to apologize, because I felt bad about what happened. But you know what,” she pointed her freshly manicured index finger in his face, “I’m glad that I didn’t spend Valentine’s Day with you. I had a better time with him anyways.” She tried to walk away again, but Corey reached for her elbow, grabbing her roughly toward him.

 

 

Him? Who the fuck is he?” He said his dark eyes, now completely black with rage.

 

 

Angie hadn’t realize her little slip, but just played it off, “It was nobody, Corey. It was just a figure of speech.”

 

 

Again, he yanked her harder toward him, his large fingers bruising her light brown skin. “How the fuck was that a figure of speech? Are you fucking somebody else?”

 

 

She scoffed at that. “If I was, which I am not, what’s it to you? You can put your dick in anything with a tight skirt. But the fact that I could be sleeping with someone else, you want to play the caring husband role now. It doesn’t work like that, Corey. Now, let me go.” She tried to pull away from his grasp, but he was too strong for her. “Look, if you don’t want to go to jail for assault, I suggest you let me go. There are plenty of witnesses.”

 

 

Corey looked around to see people, who were obviously trying to look in on the entertainment for the day, but were quickly trying to scatter back to work. And he reluctantly let her arm go. “Look, Angie,” he sighed, “I’m sorry, ok. I overreacted. But you’re overreacting yourself. I am not sleeping with Carmen. She married, baby.”

 

“That doesn’t mean shit. You’re married and yet you still cheat.” She pressed the down button the elevator, and the door quickly opened. “Enjoy your lunch! I hope it was worth it.” She stepped in and pressed the lobby button, and doors closed.

 

 

**

 

 

 

If things couldn’t get any worse for Angie, once she reached her vehicle, her cell began to ring. She sighed when she, again, saw Justin’s name appear across the screen. She reluctantly pressed the send button. “Hello?” She answered.

 

 

“Hey,” his voice rang through her ears.

 

 

“Hey, Justin.”

 

 

“What’s wrong?” He could tell by the sound in her voice that she was really upset.

 

She shook her head. “Nothing, I’m fine.” She began rummaging through her purse, looking for her keys. Once retrieving them, she unlocked the car and hopped in.

 

 

Justin sighed knowing she was lying to him. “Angie, I know something is wrong. You don’t sound good. Now, please talk to me.”

 

 

“Nothing is wrong, Justin.” Her voice cracked as the tears began to spill from her hazel eyes.

 

 

“Ok. Where are you?” He asked.

 

 

“Justin, I’m fine.”

 

 

“Why are you lying to me?” There was silence. “Look, Angie, just come to the hotel. Talk to me. Tell me what’s wrong.” She still didn’t say anything. “Angie?” He called her name afraid that she had hung up on him.

 

 

She sniffled, wiping her wet stained cheeks. “I’m still here.”

 

 

“Just come to the hotel. We can talk.”

 

 

“Ok.” She whispered.

 

 

 

**

 

 

 

“What happened?” Was the first thing Justin asked when he opened the door to his hotel room.

 

 

“He’s cheating on me again.” Angie choked out as she walked into his suite.

 

 

He closed the door. “Oh.” Was all he could see. He knew she’d been crying. Her eyes were red and puffy. “Hey, c’mere.” He held his arms open as Angie gladly accept his embrace. “Hey, it’s ok.” He began to gently rub her back.

 

 

“I am such a fool, Justin.” She sobbed into his bare chest.

 

 

“Hey, look,” she looked up at him, his blue orbs bore into her hazels, “you are not a fool, ok. He’s the fool, Angie.” He removed a curly tendril that had fallen from her ponytail, and placed it behind her ear.

 

 

“I am, Justin. I am a fool.” She broke his grip. ‘I’m stupid to be with this man. I take him back over and over and he does the same shit. Karma is really biting me in the ass.” She started to ramble. “Maybe, if I wouldn’t have slept with you, then maybe I probably wouldn’t have fallen in love with you, then maybe my life wouldn’t be as confusing right now.”

 

 

She was too busy rambling to realize that she had just confessed her love for Justin to Justin. But he had caught it. “Wait a minute. What did you say? Did you say that you were in love with me?” He smirked a little.

 

 

She was caught. This was the second slip-up she’s had today. She easily got out of the one with Corey, but how was she going to get out of this one. “I…I…” She was stuck.

 

 

“Hey, J, who was…oh hey Angie.” Trace walked towards the door.

 

 

“Hey, Trace.” Thank God for Trace. She then turned to look at Justin. “Where’s the bathroom?” She said fixing the strap of her purse on her shoulder.

 

 

“It’s the third door on your left.” Justin pointed.

 

 

“Thanks.” Angie started walking towards the bathroom. She had successfully dodged that bullet.

 

 

As soon as she closed the door and turned the light on to the bathroom, her cell phone starts to ring again. She looked down at her phone that was in her hand. Hubby flashed across the screen. She sighed, and pressed ignore on the phone, ending it immediately. Angie then just decided to turn her phone off completely, and settled it down on the sink. She wasn’t in the mood to hear what Corey has to say or to hear whatever her family has to say. Because she knew that he call all over town looking for her.

 

 

Angie turned her face towards the mirror. Her eyes were puffy and red from all of the crying she had done on the way over here. Placing her purse down on the toilet, she then turned back to faucet, turning the water on. She ran her hands through the lukewarm liquid, bringing the water to her face and splashed her face with the it. She reached over to the towels the hung on the towel rack to dry her face. Something sparkling in the mirror had caught her eye. She looked down at her neck. Reaching up, she grabbed a hold of the locket, before closing her eyes, and taking in a deep breath. Opening her eyes, she reached behind her neck, unlocking the locket. She pulled it around to her face, studying it. Sighing, she opened her purse, tossing the locket inside.

 

 

Her life was so fucked up right now. The man that she married and she’s supposed to love is sleeping around with other women. She was pregnant with another’s man’s child, to which she just confessed her true feelings. She was in love with Justin. Angelica loves Justin. She was finally able to admit that to herself. She was able to admit that she was in love with someone that was not her husband. It felt good to her. She knew in her heart that she could never get rid of Justin. She had been trying to for six months, but she couldn’t. She was in love with him.

 

 

After she finished drying her face, again, she placed the towel neatly back on the rack. She turned the faucet off, grabbed her phone, readjusted the strap on her purse on her shoulder, and headed out of the bathroom. As soon as she opened the door, she had ran into a broad bare chest. She looked up to see Justin glaring down at her with his arms folded across his chest.

 

 

“You think you’re slick don’t you?” He asked, and she looked at him oddly. “Using Trace, as a device to get out of this situation.” He reached his hand out to her. “Come on.” She hesitantly placed her small hand into his large one, and walked out of the bathroom.

 

 

He took her to where she thought was his room in the large suite. As soon as they were both in the room, he shut the door. He lead her over to the bed, and they took a seat.

 

 

Things were quiet for awhile. He was just looking into her eyes, and she was looking into his.

 

 

“Justin…I,” She began.

 

 

“Shhhh.” He hushed her. “Don’t say anything.”

 

 

She ignored his command. “I can’t go home. Can I…”

 

 

“Going home wasn’t an option for you.” He still held on to her hand.

 

 

“Thank you.”

 

“For?”

 

She didn’t say anything. She just leaned over and placed a sweet, gentle kiss upon his lips. “For being such a great person. And a good friend.”

 

 

He looked at her and smiled. “Anytime.” It was his turn to place a kiss on her lips.

 

 

His lips lingered on her for awhile. And to both of their surprise the kiss deepens. Justin then cups her face in his hands, and slowly slips his velvety tongue into the crevice her mouth. And she gladly returns the favor. Angie gently grabbed at the curls that were forming at the base of his skull. They sat there just exploring each other’s mouths with their tongues. His hands left her face and started to travel down the curve of her breast. His hand gently brushed against her protruding belly. She jerked back immediately, which broke the kiss.

 

 

“What’s wrong?” He asked running his hands over her messy ponytail.

 

 

“Um…nothing. Nothing. I’m fine.” She swallowed the lump that was forming in her throat. “Justin, there’s something I need to tell you…”

 

 

 

**

 

 

 

Corey paced back and forth in his office. Where the hell is she?, he thought. The first time he tried to call her cell phone, it rung twice, before it straight to her voicemail. Then he tried again, but it didn’t ring. It just went straight to her voicemail. He even tried to call the house, but no one picked up. He even tried calling her sister, but she just hung up in his ear. Why was she doing this to him? He stopped and opened up his phone. He pressed send twice, to try to get through his wife again.

 

 

Hey what’s up you’ve reached Angie? I’m not answering…” He slammed his phone closed, and tossed the phone on his the couch.

 

 

 

**

 

 

Justin looked at her in disbelief. He couldn’t believe that she had let him go without knowing for six months. He was going to be a father? Angie had finally gotten the courage to tell him that the child she was carrying, who he thought was by her husband, turned out to actually be his. Why didn’t she tell him this six months ago? Why didn’t she tell him when he first spoke to him on the phone? Why didn’t she tell him when she first saw him?

 

 

“Justin, are you going to say something?” Angie had broke him out of his train of thought. She was getting scared when he sat there quiet.

 

 

He just kept looking at her. “Why?” He whispered. “Why didn’t you tell me this before?”

 

 

She sighed. “I…I was scared, Justin. I’m so sorry for keeping this from you. I had found out that I was pregnant two months after the night we…the night of the concert. Corey and I had only been back together for a month.”

 

 

“Does he know?”

 

 

“No.” She said shamefully. “I slept with him the week before I met you. So, he thinks that’s when this baby was conceived. But that night Corey and I had used a condom, and now they can tell you the actual day that babies are conceived.”

 

 

“So, he thinks this baby is his?”

 

 

She nodded her head. Justin had gotten up from the bed. He began to pace the room. He stopped in front of her, ran his hand over his face, and knelt down in front of her. He swallowed hard, looking into her eyes. “I want to be there, Angie. But you got to tell him.”

 

 

She looked into his crystal blue eyes and nodded. “Ok.”

 

 

 

**

 

 

Later that evening, Angie stood in front of the mirror in Justin’s room. She just stared at her reflection for what seemed like the longest. She stood there in nothing but the t-shirt that Justin had lent her for the night. She reached up to pull the rubber band that held her hair in the ponytail. She slowly unwrapped the tie from her hair and let her brown curls with golden highlights hang to her shoulders. Her hands then traveled down to her growing belly. She began to slowly rub it. Then her hands traveled to the hem of the shirt, and lifted over her belly. She turned to the side, and watched herself in the mirror, as she rubbed it softly. She then felt a tiny kick, and she smiled. Pregnancy was such a beautiful thing a woman could possibly go through. She had a tiny little life inside of her body. Growing. Even though you go through periods in which pregnancy can be unflattering. But after that nine months when you hold that tiny life in your arms, it all seems worth it.

 

 

As she continued to gently soothed the kicking child in her womb, the door to the room opened. “Oh, I’m sorry.” The person said shocked to see what he just saw.

 

 

She looked at him standing at the door. “It’s ok, Justin.” She went back to what she was doing, and he just stood there amazed by what he was witnessing. That was his child that was growing inside of her. Someone that he helped create. She then looked back at him and smiled. “C’mere.” She motioned him over to her. He cautiously walked over to her. “Here feel this.” She grabbed his hand and placed it on the side of her stomach to where the child was kicking. As soon as his warm hand touched her bare skin, he felt a tiny movement underneath his touch. He smiled. “Neat huh?” She asked.

 

 

“Amazing should be the word. Doesn’t it hurt?”

 

 

She shook her head, looking back up into his eyes. “No. It tickles a little. But it does get annoying, when I’m trying to get sleep, and the kicking starts.”

 

 

He continued to hold his hand on her stomach. “Do you know what you’re having?”

 

 

“No. Cor…I wanted it to be a surprise. But if you want to know, I can take you to my doctor‘s, and he can tell you.”

 

 

He shook his head. “No, I want it to be a surprise too.” He smiled at her, and she smiled back at him. His hand left her belly and placed it on her cheek.

 

 

She then raised her hand and placed it over his. He then leaned down and kissed her gently. Angie liked this feeling. She hadn’t felt this way in years. It just felt so right. Her, Justin, and their child. They seemed like the perfect family.

Diary Entry Five by jrtsnubianboricuaqueen

February 16, 2004

 

 

Dear Diary,

 

 

I know that this is not you, Diary, but a flimsy napkin. I had no other choice. I’m not at my house. I spent the night at Justin’s hotel. I know you’re probably wondering how the hell did I get here? Well, Corey and I had another fight, because he is cheating on me again. This time it was with a co-worker of his. Carmen Torres, the office slut. I knew it was coming. If he couldn’t stop then, what makes me think that he could stop now? I don’t know.

 

 

I’ve overcome a lot these past few days, Diary. I now know that my relationship with Corey is over. I still love him, but he’s hurt me so bad that I just can’t do it anymore, and I finally realized my feelings for Justin. I’m in love with him, Diary. I love him. It feels so good to finally say…or in this case, write it. I finally was able to tell him about the baby. He seemed really excited with it. Last night Justin and I just bonded over the whole parenthood thing. He felt the baby kicking, and the smile he had was priceless. I now know that it is Justin that I want. Last night I just watched him sleeping next to me. He’s so beautiful. I can see myself waking up next to him for the rest of my life.

 

 

I have to go home and end things with Corey face-to-face. Wish me luck, Diary.

 

Love,

Angie.

The Truth Finally Comes Out by jrtsnubianboricuaqueen
Author's Notes:
I know an update so quickly!  Enjoy!

As soon as Angie signed her name on the napkin, the door to Justin’s room had opened. A wide smile appeared on her beautiful face, when she saw Justin enter the room. “Hey.” She placed the napkin in her purse that was sitting next to her on the bed.

 

 

“Morning, gorgeous.” He said as he sat on edge the, bed facing in her direction. “What was that?” He pointed to the napkin that she had tucked away.

 

 

“It was a little something I wrote. I usually have a diary that I write in, but I don’t have it with me.”

 

“You write anything about me?” He smirked.

 

 

Maybe.” She gave him a smirk of her own.

 

 

 

“What’d you write?” He inquired.

 

 

“I wrote that I finally realized that you’re the man I want.” She reached up to cup his cheek, rubbing his face softly.

 

 

He took her hand and kissed inside of her palm. “I love you, too.” He leaned forward and gently kisses her. “Look, I need to talk to you about something.” He said breaking the kiss, and holding her hand against his bare chest.

 

 

“About?”

 

 

He cleared his throat, “I have to go back to L.A. tomorrow. My mom and my record company has been getting on my case for leaving without letting anyone know. I don’t know how long I’ll be gone. And I want to be here for you and the baby. And I know that this feels crazy, and completely rushed, and you can totally tell me no if you want. But I really want you to come to L.A. with me.” She looked at him shocked. She wasn’t expecting this at all. “Like I said you can say no…”

 

 

“Yes, I’ll go.” She answered quickly, cutting off his sentence.

 

 

“Really?!” His eyes brightened, as his smile grew really wide.

 

 

“Yeah. I need a change. And I want to be with the man I love.” She leaned forward and gave him a quick peck. “But I have some things to do before we go.”

 

 

“Anything you want.” He leaned forward to give her another kiss.

 

 

 

**

 

 

 

This was the moment of truth. It had to be now or never. She had to do this. No matter what, she needed to finally let go.

 

 

She drove the car into the driveway. She saw that his champagne colored Lexus was parked in the driveway. So, she knew that he was not at work. After placing the car in park, she turned off the engine. She took a deep breath before unlocking the car door and hopped out. She adjusted the strap of her purse on her shoulder. She closed the car door, and began walking up to the front door of the house. Once getting up to the door, she used her key to unlock the door. She opened the door, and walked in to see Corey sitting on the couch. His big brown eyes just stared into her hazels.

 

 

“Where have you been?” He said getting off of the couch walking over to her and grabbing her in a hug. “I’ve been so worried about you.” He rubbed her back, before realizing that she wasn’t retuning his embrace. “What’s wrong?” He pulled back to look down at her.

 

 

“Corey, sit down we need to talk.” She motioned toward the couch.

 

 

“Angie, baby…”

 

 

She sighed. “Corey, please…”

 

 

“Ok.” He complied walking over to the couch he had been sitting on for the past few hours. She followed him and sat on the opposite side. “Angie, what’s going on?” He reached in, gently rubbing her cheek, but she slightly pulled back. That kind of threw Corey off.

 

 

“I know you’ve been sleeping with Carmen…” She nervously began.

 

 

“Angie, I’m not…” He began to try to deny the accusation, but she had cut him off.

 

 

“Don’t lie, Corey. I also know about Elijah.” She placed her hands in her lap, looking down.

 

 

He was shocked that she had found out about that situation. “How did you…”

 

 

“Carmen confessed. I went to your office earlier to see if you were there, but obviously you weren’t. On, my way out, I ran into Carmen, and we talked. She told me everything, Corey. I know that her son, Elijah, is yours.” Angie looked away from her husband’s shocking stare.

 

 

“Angie…”

 

 

“No, Corey, don’t. Nothing you say is going to make a difference either. Corey, this isn’t going to work.”

 

 

“What are you talking about?”

 

 

“Us, Corey. I’ve done a lot of soul searching the last couple of days. You’re not what I need. And I am definitely not what you need…”

 

 

“Angie..”

 

 

“No, Corey, let me finish. We’ve been through a lot of stuff together. Some good. Some bad. But I’d be lying if I told you that I have been completely honest with you through this marriage.”

 

 

“Angie, what the hell are you talking about?”

 

 

“Hold on.” She got up from the couch and walked to the stairs where she ascended the steps. In the span of three minutes, she came waddling down the stairs and took her spot back on the couch. In her tiny hands held onto the one thing that no one in the entire world had even touched or looked at. “This is my diary. I’ve had this since high school, but I only started writing in it when we got married. I know it’s kind of juvenile, but it’s the only thing that kept me sane for the past three years. But,” she paused to look into his dark orbs, “I want you to have it.” She sighed, as she handed the purple leather book that she had kept her innermost secrets over to her husband, soon to be ex. He accepted it. “It will explain everything. Everything that I didn’t have the heart to tell to your face." She stood up from the couch. "About six months ago, I met someone. Someone who has changed my life in more ways than one. The night I met him I did sleep with him…” She could see the veins in Corey’s neck bulge. “But I hadn’t seen him after that until a couple of days ago. I’m not going to get into the details, because it’s all in here.” She pointed to the diary.

 

 

Corey looked down at the diary, and then peered back up at his wife. “This guy, do you love him?”

 

 

She nodded. “Yes,” she whispered. “I had been trying to fight my feelings for him, for the past six months. Because I loved you. But now I know that things between you and me will never be the same.”

 

 

He just stared at her blank, trying to piece together everything that she was telling him. A light then had gone off in his head. “And you said this was six months ago. So, is the baby his or mine?” He said cringing at that thought.

 

 

Angie sighed heavily. “I’m so sorry, Corey.” She looked away, as the tears began to form in her light eyes.

 

 

He got up from the couch, and began pacing the living room floor. “Yo, what the fuck is going on?” He placed his hand behind his as he continued to pace the floor.

 

 

“I’m leaving for L.A. tomorrow. I’m already consulting a lawyer, and I have a meeting to discuss drawing up papers for legal separation as soon as I get there.” Angie continued, as Corey still paced the floor. “Corey I never meant for things to happen like this. But this is what I want. For the past three years, I’ve always done what you wanted. Been the perfect wife on your arm. Now it’s my turn. I guess I should give this back to you.” She reached over in her purse, and pulled out the locket that he had given her two nights ago. Corey immediately stopped and looked at her. She opened the palm of his hand and placed the necklace in the center. “And here.” She slid the diamond engagement ring, and platinum wedding band off of her left ring finger, and placed them in his hands also. She then closed his hand around it. “I don’t want anything from you. I’m not even taking a lot of my stuff. I will only be taking the important stuff.”

 

 

“Is this what you really want?” He looked down into her hazel eyes, and she just nodded. “I’m sorry that you feel this way. I’m sorry that I couldn’t be the man you needed. And I understand that you really hate me.”

 

 

Angie touched his arm lightly. “Corey, I don’t hate you. I’ve never hated you. Because I know that I’m not perfect either, but I just can’t keep going through this. You just need to worry about taking care of that son of yours.” She stood on her tip-toes and kissed his cheek.

 

 

She then headed back upstairs to what would now will be formally known as her room. She pulled out her Louis Vitton suitcase, that her sister had given her for Christmas last year, and laid it out on the king size bed. She began to toss all of the most important things in the large suitcase. Everything that Corey had given her she decided to leave them all there.

 

 

In the process of packing, she felt a presence behind her. Quickly, she turned around. She almost jumped out of her skin, with fright. “Corey, what are you doing?”

 

 

Corey swallowed hard, before stating, “I’m not giving you up without a fight.”

 

 

“Corey,” she sighed, “We just discussed this. I thought you were going to give me what I want.”

 

 

“I am not giving you a divorce, if that’s what you think.”

 

 

“Corey…”

 

 

“Don’t fucking Corey me!” The bass in voice carried throughout their bedroom. “You come in here and tell me that you fucked somebody else, and that the family that we are supposed to have doesn’t exist.”

 

 

Angie didn’t understand what was going on with him. She thought that he was going to let her go. “I’m leaving, Corey. And there’s nothing you can do about it.” She picked up her suitcase, but he snatched it from her hands and threw it to the ground.

 

 

“You’re not going anywhere!” The look in his eyes was pure evil. Angie had never witnessed this before. She had seen him angry, but never had he been this angry. She was terrified .

 

 

“Corey, you’re scaring me.” Her eyes became heavy with fear.

 

 

“Good. You should be.” He threatened her. He then reached down and grabbed her arm, lifting her toward him.

 

 

Ouch! Let me go. Corey you’re hurting me.”

 

“I’m hurting you? What about the hurt you caused me?” He placed his hand on her stomach. “This was supposed to be our baby. Don’t you think that hurts me? To know that some other man...touched you only the way that I'm supposed to.” He tightened his grip on her arm.

 

 

"What about all of the women you slept with, huh? What about Elijah? He's not my son." His grip tightened even more as the tears began to well in her eyes from the pain shooting through her arm. “Corey, please let go.” She pleaded. She tried as hard as she could to pull her arm out of his grip, but he kept a firm hold on it. There was only one way that she knew would get her out of his grip. She didn’t want to do it, but he left her no choice. She then bit down on his arm forcefully, breaking the skin.

 

 

Ahhh. Shit!” He screamed in pain which caused him to let her arm go. As fast as she could, Angie then headed for the door of the bedroom. She didn’t care what she left, she just had to get away. “Damn it, Angie!” He looked down at his now bleeding arm. He then began to chase after her.

 

 

Angie didn’t make it to the stairs before he grabbed her arms and forcefully turned her around.

 

“Corey, let me go!” She screamed, struggling back and forth with her husband.

 

The struggle, between the two, finally ended when Corey gave her one big push, and accidentally let her arms go. Angie stumbled backwards, lost her balance, and went tumbling down the stairs.

 

 

“Angie!!!!!!” Corey screamed. “Oh my God! Oh my God!” He ran downstairs to his fallen wife’s side. “Damn it. What did I do? Angie?” He lifted her limp body onto his lap. “Angie? Angie, please…damn it.”

 

 

 

**

 

 

It was going on two hours and Justin still hadn’t heard from Angie. He tried calling her cell, but it just went straight to her voicemail. He was starting to get worried.

 

 

“Still no word?” Trace asked walking into the living room of their hotel suite.

 

 

“No, man. I mean it shouldn’t have taken this long.” He stood up from the couch. “I should have went with her, Trace.”

 

 

“J, you’re probably worrying for nothing. She’s probably just stuck in traffic.”

 

 

“Maybe you’re right.” He nodded walking towards his room. He went and sat down on the bed. He flipped his phone over, and sighed when he saw that he didn’t have any missed calls. Using his fingers, he began to dial Angie’s number. The phone didn’t even ring, it just went to her voicemail. “Hey, Angie, it’s Justin,” he began, scratching the back of his head, “just call me when you get this, ok. I’m…worried.” He finished, snapping his phone shut.

 

 

Then something had caught Justin’s eyes. He looked over on the night stand and saw the black flip phone sitting next to the clock. He reached over and picked it up. He then realized that it was Angie’s phone. She had forgotten to take her phone with her. He flipped it open and found that the power was off. That’s why it kept going to her message. He pressed the power button on the phone. The phone powered up, and it didn’t even get all the way powered up before a call came through. The screen flashed Yanna. Justin remembered when Angie told him that she had a sister named Ariyanna. Maybe that was her. He pressed the send button.

 

 

“Oh my God, Angie where the hell have you been?” The girl on the phone started. “We’ve been trying to call you all night long.”

 

 

Justin cleared his throat, “Hello?”

 

 

The girl recognized that this was not the voice her sister, but of a man. “Who the hell are you? And what the hell are you doing with my sister’s phone?”

 

 

“My…my name is Justin. I‘m a friend of your sister.” He began.

 

 

“Ok, Justin, where is my sister?”

 

 

“I don’t know.” Was the only thing he could say.

 

 

“What the hell do you mean that you don’t know?”

 


“Well, she left about two hours ago, and I haven’t heard anything from her yet.”

 

 

“Left? Left where?”

 

 

“You don’t know anything about me? Do you?”

 

 

“If I did, would I be asking all of these questions?”

 

 

“Uh…no.” He chuckled nervously.

 

 

“Now where was she supposed to go?”

 

 

“Back home.”

 

“Hold on, Justin, I have another call.” He heard her click over. She was back in less than two minutes.

 

 

“Justin, you still there?”

 

 

“Yeah.”

 

“I found my sister.”

 

 

He was relieved to know that. “Well where is she?”

 

 

“Look, Just meet me at Grady Memorial Hospital.”

 

 

“What?!”

 

 

“Look, just meet me. Just call this number back when you get here.”

 

 

“Ok.” Justin said before he snapped Angie’s phone shut. Justin quickly jumped up grabbed his keys, jacket, and headed towards the door.

 

 

“Dude, where you going?” Trace asked noticing that he friend was rushing toward the door in a haste.

 

 

“I think Angie’s in the hospital.”

 

 

“What?!”

 

 

“I’ll call you to let you know the details.”

 

 

“Yeah.” Trace said as he watched his best friend walk out of their hotel room.

 

This story archived at http://nsync-fiction.com/archive/viewstory.php?sid=477