The Bodyguard by Sassy Spacey
Summary: Tessa Johnson is the new “IT” girl. She was an actress first and is now breaking into the music business. But someone is after her. When Joey can't handle it by himself he calls in some extra help: the best bodyguard around Justin Timberlake. Will he be able to keep her safe?
Categories: In Progress Het Stories Characters: Joey Fatone, Justin Timberlake
Awards: None
Genres: Alternate Universe, Angst, Drama, Mystery, Romance, Suspense
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 27 Completed: No Word count: 54968 Read: 67016 Published: Apr 07, 2007 Updated: Jan 30, 2008
Story Notes:
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

This story is loosely based off the movie "The Bodyguard" with Kevin Costner & Whitney Houston. Some ideas were taken from the movie, although I did try and make the story my own and changed a few things.

1. Prologue by Sassy Spacey

2. Chapter 01 by Sassy Spacey

3. Chapter 02 by Sassy Spacey

4. Chapter 03 by Sassy Spacey

5. Chapter 04 by Sassy Spacey

6. Chapter 05 by Sassy Spacey

7. Chapter 06 by Sassy Spacey

8. Chapter 07 by Sassy Spacey

9. Chapter 08 by Sassy Spacey

10. Chapter 09 by Sassy Spacey

11. Chapter 10 by Sassy Spacey

12. Chapter 11 by Sassy Spacey

13. Chapter 12 by Sassy Spacey

14. Chapter 13 by Sassy Spacey

15. Chapter 14 by Sassy Spacey

16. Chapter 15 by Sassy Spacey

17. Chapter 16 by Sassy Spacey

18. Chapter 17 by Sassy Spacey

19. Chapter 18 by Sassy Spacey

20. Chapter 19 by Sassy Spacey

21. Chapter 20 by Sassy Spacey

22. Chapter 21 by Sassy Spacey

23. Chapter 22 by Sassy Spacey

24. Chapter 23 by Sassy Spacey

25. Chapter 24 by Sassy Spacey

26. Chapter 25 by Sassy Spacey

27. Chapter 26 by Sassy Spacey

Prologue by Sassy Spacey
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Banner Made By: Kenz @ http://create.dancing-with-shadows.com . Her site is pretty awesome go check it out. :)

Prologue

Tessa Johnson walked into her Hollywood Hills mansion, her agent Brandon and bodyguard Joey in tow. She had been all around the states going to the openings of her newest movie, and she was so happy to be home.

“Take the bags to the laundry room,” Tessa said as she took off her sunglasses, putting them on the table by the door.

Joey nodded, and headed down the hallway towards the laundry room. Maria, her housekeeper, walked into the foyer with a glass of freshly brewed iced tea.

“Ms. Johnson, how was you trip?” Maria asked as she handed her the glass of tea.

Tessa smiled, taking it. “Oh tiring as usual,” she said, taking a sip and making a face before handing it back to her. “Can you add more lemon to that please?”

Maria nodded, and turned around walking back into the kitchen secretly rolling her eyes.

“Just bring it to my room,” Tessa announced as she made her way towards the stairs.

Brandon walked into the back of the house heading to the pool house, which was where he had an office. Tessa walked down the hallway, sighing. She was tired all she wanted to do was take a hot shower, and get some sleep. She walked toward the master bedroom at the end of the hallway, and noticed her door was open. She grumbled, she remembered telling Maria never to go into the room unless she was told too.

“Maria!!” Tessa began to scream, as she walked into the room “I thought I told you never-“

She was cut off mid sentence, when she saw the sight in front of her. There was a baby doll lying on her bed, a picture of her face put on the face of the baby. There was red marker all over it, symbolizing blood with nails, and pins sticking out of it. Next to it laid a piece of paper, the words cut out from magazines. It read “I HOPE YOU DIE B*TCH”. Tessa let out a piercing scream, as she backed out of the room and closed the door. Soon heavy footsteps were being heard as Joey made his way up the stairs, followed by Brandon and Maria.

“What happened??” Joey asked noticing her terrified face.

Tessa pointed to the room, she couldn’t even talk, and now tears were running down her cheeks. Maria wrapped her arms around her, as Tessa cried into her neck. Joey looked at Brandon, and they walked to the door; Joey opened it, and looked inside. He saw the bundle on the bed, and looked at Brandon.

“Someone was in here,” Joey whispered, then turned to Maria. “Maria, take Tessa down stairs to the guest bedroom by my room.”

Maria nodded and guided the hysterical actress away. “Come on baby,” she coaxed soothingly.

Joey went and closed the door, as he walked back towards the bed again. Brandon took a tissue and picked up the letter, and looked at it.

“What the hell is going on?” Brandon asked

Joey shook his head, inspecting the doll then the picture more closely. “The picture is from a throw away camera…meaning he was there when he took this picture,” he said grimly.

Brandon looked down at the bed again, and his eyes caught something. “Oh God” he said, and looked away in disgust.

“What?” Joey asked as he looked down at the bed, then saw it…the faded white stain “Geezish!”

“Shhh!!” Brandon snapped. “She’ll freak out!”

“This is gross…we need to call someone.” Joey sighed.

Brandon shook his head, and ran a hand through his hair.

Joey looked around then got an idea. “Get all this stuff together…don’t touch it though…put it in a bag.” he ordered.

Brandon nodded. As he did so, Joey grabbed his cell phone, looking through his phone book, and found the number he needed. He pressed the talk button, as he walked towards the balcony and opened the door, and walked out. Finally someone on the other line picked up.

“WBG Agency, this is Johnny” came the voice.

“Johnny…I need your help.” Joey said.
End Notes:
Comments? Questions? E-mail me Spacey1141@hotmail.com
Chapter 01 by Sassy Spacey
Chapter 01

Justin got out of his silver Escalade truck, grabbing his gym back from the passenger seat, and turned on the alarm as he walked towards the gym. He hadn’t been able to work out in forever, and really was looking forward to it. He just got off an assignment that lasted longer then he expected…but ended worse then he expected as well. He shook his head free of those thoughts as he opened the glass door, and walked inside.

He passed the desk with a nod to the owner who waved at him. He went right to the locker room to change and put his things in the familiar locker. He put his bag down on the bench, and opened it up taking out a towel and bottle of water. He stuffed the bag into his locker closed it, and made his way towards the exit. As he walked out of the room someone had was walking in and bumped right into him.

“Excuse me…” the man mumbled

Justin watched him as he walked into the locker room; he was dressed in all black. He even had on a black hat, and sunglasses. Justin went to where he was going to do some lifting, running, boxing, whatever it took to get his aggressions out.

A couple hours later, he was punching at a punching bag, sweat flowing down his face, his shaved head glistening with sweat as well. After some combination punches, he took a break and went to sit down on a bench and drinking his water, putting the towel on his head to soak up some of the water.

As he sat there, he looked around the room. It was a habit, he was in charge of very powerful people sometimes, and he had to keep an eye out. As he was scanning the place he noticed that same guy, on one of the running machines, watching him through the mirror. He wiped off his face with the towel and put it back down next to him. The man in all black, started to make his way towards him. Justin didn’t move, he watched as the guy walked over to him and sat down next to him.

“Are you Justin Timberlake?” the man questioned

Justin looked at him “Who’s asking?” he asked

“Joey Fatone” Joey replied sticking his hand out towards him

Justin watched him, and shook his hand in return.

“What can I do for you?” Justin asked

“I’ve come to offer you a job” Joey replied

Joey spent the next couple of minutes explaining the situation to Justin. Explaining a little bit about how high maintenance Tessa Johnson was, and the problem they had come home too some weeks ago. Justin listened intentionally, sipping his water as Joey explained. He didn’t know if he wanted to start working again, and wasn’t into protecting celebrities.

“She begged me to get you Justin…” Joey replied “I called up Johnny…and he suggested a couple of people…we looked em over…you are the one she wants”

“I don’t do celebs Joey” Justin replied shaking his head

“Please Justin” Joey started “She’s really scared”

Justin leaned back against the wall, and sighed.

“It’s good money Justin” Joey replied “$2,000 a week…”

Justin looked at him, “I want to meet her first…see what I can do okay?”

“Great!” Joey said “How about this Sunday afternoon” he said

Justin nodded as Joey took out a pen and paper writing the address on it. He handed it to Justin.

”We’ll be expecting you” Joey said getting up

Justin nodded, and Joey walked back towards the locker room. Justin watched him walk into the locker room the looked down at the paper. He soon got up and headed back into the locker room as well to change and get ready to leave.
End Notes:
Comments? Questions? E-mail me at Spacey1141@hotmail.com
Chapter 02 by Sassy Spacey
Chapter 02

Tessa had been scared about the situation some weeks ago, but she wasn’t going to let it ruin her good time with her friends. She had been having movie day on Sunday afternoons ever since she moved out of her parent’s house.

This Sunday she was going to show her friends the premiere of her newest music video. She had completed it before she went on her movie premiere tour, but put it off until she got back so that she could have a big premier party. She had Maria go out and get all their favorite foods and drinks just for this day.

Tessa walked down the stairs of her mansion in a simple baby blue sweat pant suit. She walked down the hall way into the movie theater, where Brandon was setting up pillows, and blankets along the chairs and soft comfy couches. Tessa watched him, and smiled.

“Thank you for setting up Brandon” she replied

Brandon turned at her voice and smiled “No problem honey” he said

“Is Maria back yet?” Tessa asked, looking out the window

“I’m not sure” Brandon said

Tessa groaned “I told her to be back by 12:00” she complained “People are going to start showing up”

With that Maria walked into the room, rolling a cart of snacks “Where do you want them Ms. Johnson” she replied

Tessa turned and smiled brightly “Oh good, just put it along the wall” she said

Maria did so, setting up a small table with all the snacks, a bowl of ice and cups for their drinks.

As if on cue, the door bell rang, and Tessa squealed before running towards the front door. She could hear the laughter of all her girlfriends coming from outside. She opened the door, smiling brightly.

There was a bunch of squealing and giggling as all the girls jumped and hugged each other. After hugging hello, they made their way into the theatre room, where Brandon and Maria were now no where in sight. The grabbed their snacks and sat down in the couches and pillows and started their annual girl talk.

“So OMG girl, how was the tour?”

“Did you meet anyone famous?”

“Get any cute outfits?”

Some of the obvious questions that were asked by her friends: Tayler, Kristen, and Jennifer. Tessa smiled, and answered each one and more as they sat in the theater room, and snacked for a while. Finally Tessa got down to business.

“Ok girls…the movie we will be watching today is…” Tessa smiled “The premiere of my newest music video!”

All the girls squealed, as they got up and hugged Tessa tightly. Tessa laughed hugging them all back.

“It goes with the new movie…” Tessa said, as she picked up the remote and pressed the play button. The girls fixed on the big screen as they watch their friend on it.

~*~

Justin pulled his Escalade truck into the richest part of Hollywood Hills; he looked at the houses as he drove by them, and looked down at the paper once again for the right address.

He then saw the mansion at the end of the street, a big gate wrapped around the property, with the huge gate at the entrance of the drive way. He pulled in, and stopped at the gate and looked at the intercom. He pressed the button, and it got stat-icky as a voice came over it

“Who is it?” came the voice

Justin looked at it, “Frank Edison” he replied

“You have an appointment”

“Yes” he replied

There was static again before the gates began to swing open. Justin watched them, and shook his head. That was way too easy; he drove his car through the gates and through the windy road towards the entrance of the house.

Justin pulled up, and parked his car and got out and looked around the property. Why did a single girl, need a house like this? He took a deep breath and walked towards the front door, and rang the door bell once. He crossed his arms over his chest as he looked around again. Then the door opened, and a middle aged Hispanic woman came into view.

“Can I help you?” she questioned

Justin smiled brightly at her, putting on his charm.

“Yes…I’ve come to see Joey Fatone...” he said, “To discuss the security”

Maria looked at him up and down, and then moved out of the door way allowing him to walk in.

“I’ll go get him” she replied “Don’t move from this spot”

Justin crossed his arms over his chest, as he looked around the house. The place was huge for one person he thought, but realized also living here was Joey, Maria, and of course her agent who Joey had mentioned during their talk at the gym. He heard loud music coming from somewhere in the house, and a bunch of giggling.

A couple minutes later, Joey came walking through the back of the house, dressed in his usual attire black jeans, and a black t-shirt, followed by another man who Justin assumed was Brandon.

“Justin…glad you could make it” Joey replied, walking over to him and shaking his hand.

“Justin…” Brandon replied “I thought you said your name was Frank”

Justin looked at him “You guys better be careful, I got in with a fake name”

Brandon looked at him, scowling ‘Who does he think he is?’ Brandon thought.

“We’ll check on that” Joey reassured

“I noticed all the cars…what’s going on?” Justin asked

Joey rolled his eyes “It’s her usual movie day” he replied “She has her girlfriends come over, and they go to the theater room and watch movies all day long”

Justin nodded, and then looked around the house once again.

“So…am I going to get to meet her?” Justin asked

Joey nodded “Oh yes…” he said, and started walking down towards the hall way “This way”

Justin followed him, and Brandon took off after them. Joey walked down the long hallway, the music and laughter getting louder. Justin looked around, there were pictures hanging on the wall, he assumed of her family and friends. Brandon watched the back of Justin as he walked, scowling; he didn’t like him already.

They walked down to the last door of the hall way, and Joey opened the door. The ladies watching the big screen paid no attention as the three men entered the room. Justin turned to the big screen and noticed they were watching Tessa on the screen ‘Must be her music video’

They waited in the back of the room, until it was done. All the girls were squealing and hugging their achieved friend, when Joey pretended to cough.

“Excuse me girls” he called.

All the girls stopped talking, and laughing and turned towards the noise.

“Joey!!” all the girls smiled and headed toward him, to hug him tightly

Justin moved to the side, as he watched the girls hugging and kissing Joey on the cheek.

“Girls, girls…please” Joey said getting away from them

They all backed away from him frowning, as they went back to where they were sitting. Joey walked towards Justin who was off standing next to Brandon.

“Tessa…can I see you for a minute” Joey asked

Tessa turned and looked at Joey, then over at Brandon and the man standing next to him; ‘Must be Justin’ she thought.

“Do we have to do this now?” she groaned “I have company”

“Tessa you knew about this…” Joey said “Now don’t be rude, and come on”

Tessa groaned and got up from her seat, and marched her way out of the room.

“Bye Joey!” the girls called as he followed Tessa, waving as he walked out.
End Notes:
*&*Traci*&*

Comments? Questions? E-mail me Spacey1141@hotmail.com
Chapter 03 by Sassy Spacey
Chapter 03

Justin followed the other three people through the house, towards the back yard. Justin looked around as they stepped out into the sun shine. She had a huge pool and spa, surrounded by a fence, with plenty of lounge chairs and tables to have a small party. There was a pool house in the distance, and tress and plants everywhere.

They walked over towards one of the tables in the distance that was covered in shade. Maria came walking out, as they sat down.

“Can I get anyone a drink?” she asked

Justin looked at her “Orange juice please” he replied

Tessa looked like Joey, like ‘can you believe this guy’. Maria looked around the table.

“No thanks Maria” Joey replied

Maria rushed back towards the house, Justin watched as she walked away before he turned back towards the other three people. They were all looking back at him,

“So what’s the deal?” Tessa asked

“Tessa…this is Justin” Joey replied

Justin stuck his hand out to shake hers, but Tessa looked Justin up and down, then back at Joey.

Joey nodded, and she shook his hand as well.

“You know…” Tessa replied “We’ve always been okay before…with just Joey here”

“I understand” Justin said “But according to Joey himself…you’re in need of someone else”

Tessa looked at him, trying to read the expression on his face. Maria came back, putting Justin’s orange juice in front of him

He smiled at her “Thank you” he replied, taking a drink

Maria nodded, and made her way back into the house. Justin looked back at Tessa, as he put his glass down.

“Well… I don’t want much to change” Tessa replied “I want to be able to go out when I want to, and come home when I want too”

Justin watched her, ‘How old could this girl be…18?’ He questioned to himself ‘Someone may need to take her down a peg or two.’ He didn’t know how long she had been talking, but snapped out of it when he heard her question.

“Do you understand?” she questioned

Justin looked at her, and then took a final drink of his juice.

“I’m sorry…I must of misunderstood Joey’s assignment” he replied, standing up “If someone could show me the way out?”

“Oh, you can just go through that gate right there” Brandon said pointing towards it
Justin nodded, and shook Brandon’s hand, and Joey stood up.

“Justin…please wait a minute” Joey started

“It was a pleasure meeting you” Justin said to Tessa, and made his way towards the gate.

Joey looked at Brandon, shaking his head and ran after Justin. Justin reached his car, when Joey finally caught up with him.

“Justin” he called, “wait a sec”

Justin turned to face Joey; he saw Brandon come rushing after him.

“Joey…she obviously isn’t ready for this protection” he replied

“I’ll talk to her” Joey said “Please”

“It’s going to make it 10 times harder if she doesn’t cooperate” he replied

“I’ll talk to her” Joey said again

There was silence, as Brandon finally caught up with them. Joey looked at Brandon then at Justin.

“Brandon…I think we should show him the stuff” Joey replied

Brandon looked at Joey, and nodded making his way back towards the back yard, where Joey and Justin followed.

They walked into the pool house, where Brandon walked into a room which seemed to be his office and came back with a plastic bag, and a couple of napkins. He tossed the bag to Justin, who caught it and looked through the clear plastic and saw the baby doll, and the letter. Justin took a napkin and took the letter out, touching it only with the napkin.

“Those were the things found on her bed” Joey said

“He was in here?” Justin asked

“In her bedroom” Joey said “He must of gotten in while she was on her last tour…Maria is here…but not all of the time, she has a family of her own”

Justin looked down at the letter again “Have you guys called anyone about these?”

Brandon shook his head “Joey wanted to contact you first” he replied

Justin then looked at the doll through the bag, and then looked at Joey and Brandon again.

“Alright…” Justin said “But she has to agree to everything I say…” he replied “No fighting me on anything…or I’m done”

Joey nodded “I’ll talk to her” he replied

“Make it $3,000” Justin began “And we have a deal”

Joey nodded his agreement

“Good…” he said “My things are in my car…where am I staying?”

Joey stood up and smiled, looking at Brandon who was scowling. Brandon put the things back into the bag, as Joey took Justin towards his car to help him get his bags and to move into the patrol room that was up by the gate, hidden behind trees and such. Justin didn’t even notice it when he drove into the place.

Joey left him to get situated, and walked back into the house. Justin looked around the place, as he put the key to it on his key chain. This was going to be tough, Tessa was a spoiled brat…but he would break through to her, somehow.
End Notes:
*&*Traci*&*

Comments? Questions? E-mail me at Spacey1141@hotmail.com
Chapter 04 by Sassy Spacey
Chapter 04

Justin spent the next week completely re-doing the security in Tessa’s home. He changed the intercom in the front of the gate, adding security cameras all around the gate, and the outside of the house, and backyard. He was re-doing the iron gate around her property, along with some other things.

He went through the process of hiring a driver, instead of having Joey drive her everywhere. A well qualified driver would keep Tessa safer when out on the road, and she would have two people watching over her.

The construction and noise though was driving Tessa insane. She couldn’t get a quiet moment to herself. She was attempting to get a tan, as she laid out in her back yard on a lounge chair by the pool. She leaned back in her chair, and sighed…finally the noise had stopped.

As her eyes drifted closed, the loud pounding noise of a drill could be heard, close by. Her eyes popped open, and she sat up turning to face the man drilling something inside her house. She scowled at him, before getting up and wrapping her wrap around her waist and walking towards the pool house.

She knocked and waited for an answer before entering; she had learned her lesson once entering and found Brandon a little busy. Brandon was sitting at his desk, thin wire reading glasses on going over some paper work.

“Oh Tessa…” he said smiling “What’s going on honey?”

Tessa sighed heavily, pouting as she went and sat down on one of the overstuffed couches in front of his desk, and crossed her arms over her chest.

“Uh oh I know that face” Brandon said, taking off his glasses

“I can’t get a moments peace here Brandon” she replied “I tried to go sit by the pool, and I can’t even relax there…the constant drilling is driving me insane!”

Brandon sighed “I know…he’s almost done okay?” he said “It’s for your safety…it really is” he said

Tessa stuck her lip out even more, as she leaned back against the couch. Brandon laughed, knowing exactly what she was trying to do.

“Listen…why don’t you go get dressed, and we’ll go do some shopping” he replied

“No…” she pouted again “Because he’ll have to come with us”

“Tessa…we hired him for a reason” he said “To protect you”

Tessa sighed “Alright fine” she gave in “give me 20 minutes”

She stood up, and rushed out the door back towards the house. Brandon leaned back against the chair, and sighed. He then got on the phone, and called Justin’s phone letting him know they were planning an outing in about 20 minutes.

~*~

More like an hour later, Tessa walked out the front door of her house, dressed to impress in tight jeans, and a cute little halter top, hair back, and her sun-glasses on, and her Louis Vuitton purse.
Justin was standing next to the driver; Tony, along with Brandon and Joey as they leaned against the black Suburban. Tony went right away to open the door for her; she climbed into the car, then Brandon as they sat in the way back. Joey then got in and sat in the seats closer to the back doors, as Justin sat in the passenger seat. The driver got in, and they headed towards the mall.

It had been a couple of hours, and Tessa forgot why she was even angry, she was having the best time shopping. She walked from store to store with Brandon by her side, as they looked through clothes.

Joey would stand outside the store, while Justin was in the store not following her, but watching over here. Brandon was looking through some things while Tessa went to try some clothes on, Justin followed standing outside her dressing room.

Soon Tessa came out of the little room, in a mini skirt, and tube top, walking towards the 3 mirrors at the end of the walk way. Tessa studied herself in the mirror, fixing her top, and looked at Justin through the mirror. He wasn’t even watching her, which annoyed Tessa; everyone paid attention to her.

“So what’s your deal?” Tessa asked as she turned and face Justin

Justin turned and looked at her, “Excuse me?” he asked

“Don’t you find me attractive?” she questioned “Or…are you in the closet”

Justin watched her, then shook his head and looked away.

“You’re my employer” he replied

“And?” she questioned hands on her hips “No one stops you from looking”

“Is that how you feel loved?” He questioned “by having people look at you”

Tessa rolled her eyes, and walked back into the dressing room. Justin crossed his arms over his chest, as he looked out into the store.

“You don’t know anything about me” Tessa said as she began to change “So don’t pretend you do”

“I never did” Justin replied, looking at her

Tessa looked back at him over the top of the door, and noticed his icy blue eyes.

“I don’t intimidate you?” she questioned

“Should you?” he asked

“People consider me a b*tch sometimes” she replied “I didn’t start out as one…but when people think of you that way long enough…it grows on you”

Justin shook his head “You can be who you want to be…even if you’re a big celebrity” he said “no matter what people say”

Tessa looked at the back of his head, as he scanned the store yet again. Finally she had finished shopping, and was hungry. So they headed back towards the car, and drove somewhere for lunch.

They headed towards a little Italian place closer to her house. Tessa, Brandon, and Joey went inside to eat, while Justin stood outside with Tony close by. Of course word got out that Tessa was at the restaurant so by the time Tessa came out to leave there were photographers everywhere.

As Tessa stuck her sunglasses on again and stepped outside, a little girl came running up followed by her mother.

“Tessa Tessa!” the little girl squealed running up to hug her

Justin quickly stepped in front of her holding her at bay. Tessa looked at Justin angrily, and moved him out of the way.

“Hey honey…what can I do for you?” Tessa asked bending down to be the little girls size. By this time her mother stepped behind her.

“Can I have your autograph??” the little girl questioned eyes big

Tessa smiled “Sure” she replied

“And a picture?” her mother asked, holding a throw away camera

Tessa smiled, and signed the napkin the little girl was holding, and then handed the camera to Brandon.

“Make it a good one B” Tessa said

The little girl, and mom stood next to Tessa, and Brandon snapped the picture.

“Thank you so much” the little girl smiled

Tessa smiled and tapped her head “You’re very welcome” she replied

She started walking towards her car, walking past Justin

“You should have just hit her” she said angrily

Justin followed behind her, along with Joey and Tony. They got back into the car, and Tony made his way back towards her house. As they drove, Justin ignored the complaining Tessa was doing to Brandon about what just happened.

As Justin looked out the side mirror he noticed a black Jeep Cherokee following behind them.

“Tony…speed up…and make a right at the next block” Justin said, looking through his sunglasses at the rearview mirror.

Tony did as he was told, and saw the Jeep follow him.

“Shit” Justin mumbled, “Drive faster…get into the property”

Tony did so, making a quick turn into the drive way

“Stop the car” Justin replied

Tony did so with a skid on the ground, and saw the Jeep speed by. Justin quickly got out,

“Go to the house quickly!” Justin said

The car sped off, and Justin began to run along the gate of the property, hiding himself in the brush. He took out his gun, holding it securely in his hands, and made his way around the property. He saw the black Jeep parked on the side, and noticed a camera lens sticking out of the passenger window.

“HEY!” Justin called loudly running after him

Who ever was in the car, sped off quickly down the street, although Justin tried to chase him; he got away. Justin sighed, and stopped running and looked back at the house and headed back towards it.

~*~

Tessa was sitting in the dinning room now, with Brandon and Joey, while Tony went to wash the car (like he always did after a drive). Tessa was sitting cross legged on one of the chairs, leaning on the table.

“I can’t do this anymore Joey” Tessa complained

Joey sat down on one of the other chairs across from her, with a beer in hand.

“Tessa…please” he replied “I can’t come rushing to your side every time he does something you don’t like”

“He was about to pummel that little girl” Tessa whined “All she wanted was an autograph and a picture”

“I know…” Joey replied

“Someone is seriously after you Tess” Brandon replied “We need to keep you safe”

“I thought you didn’t even like him” Tessa accused

“I don’t…” Brandon said, and laughed “But…he’s doing a better job, then Joey did alone…no offense Jo”

“None taken” Joey replied,

Tessa sighed and leaned her head back on the couch. Brandon walked over behind her and started to massage her shoulders.

“It’ll all work out honey” Brandon replied “We just need to take it one day at a time”

Tessa closed her eyes, and sighed once again. Joey and Brandon began to talk about something else, going on and on about it when Tessa heard the music from her latest music video blaring.

She got up, Brandon and Joey not noticing and headed down the hall way towards the theater room, the door was open and her voice was heard clearly. She stood in the door way, and saw Justin sitting on one of the couches, orange juice in a tall glass in his hand as he watched Tessa’s music video. She leaned against the door way, and watched him…he was so mysterious…why?
End Notes:
*&*Traci*&*

Comments? Questions? E-mail me Spacey1141@hotmail.com
Chapter 05 by Sassy Spacey
Chapter 05

Weeks flew by, when the construction finally stopped. Tessa was excited to have her house back, she could actually relax now. She hardly ever noticed Justin anymore; she just went on with her daily business.

She was going to start her club tour soon, where she would go around to little club in the area to do a mini concert. Brandon figured it would help her music video out and movies as well.

Justin spent most of his time patrolling the area; he walked around the property, making sure the cameras worked, etc.

Now, it was about 7:30, and Tessa was in her room getting ready for her very first club performance. She was extremely nervous, but knew she would do well. She was dressed in a pair of black tight leather pants, and a red low cut shirt, she had black high-heel boots and her hair was down and straight.

She was putting the finishing touches on her makeup, in her bathroom where she sat in front of the mirror with the vanity lights all around it when there was a knock on her bedroom door.

“Come in!” she called loudly

Her bedroom door opened, and soon Brandon stepped into the doorway of her bathroom.

“You ready?” he asked

She smiled, and turned and looked at him, standing up and modeling her outfit.

“Do I look ready?” she asked smiling wide

He laughed, and nodded “Yes…let’s go” he replied

She shut off her lights, and followed Brandon out of her room, and towards the front door. Joey was waiting for them at the front door, arms crossed over his chest.

“You better be right about this” Joey said as he opened the door

“Oh don’t worry we are” Brandon said walking out the door,

Tessa followed behind him and Joey after her.

Justin was with Tony by the car, they were under it checking out all the connections making sure everything was okay. Justin looked up when, Tessa came walking over, all dressed up.

“What’s going on?” Justin asked

“Concert” Brandon said as he opened the door, for Tessa to climb in

“How come I didn’t know about this?” Justin asked

“Must’ve slipped my mind” Brandon said

Justin looked at him, then at Joey who shook his head.

“Alright…let’s go we’re gonna be late” Brandon called from inside the car

Joey got into the back, as Tony got into the driver seat and Justin in the passenger seat. The headed towards the club as Justin scanned the streets. They were on the road about 20 minutes, when they reached the street the club was on.

There was people everywhere, and flashes of lights going off. Tessa looked out the window anxiously; she couldn’t believe all these people were here for her. As they reached the club, Justin turned to Tony.

“You know the drill okay?” Justin said to Tony

He nodded “Don’t worry” he replied

“Alright…are we ready?” Brandon asked

“Yes!” Tessa squealed “Let’s go!”

Justin and Joey each got out of the car, clearing the way for Brandon to step out and then finally Tessa. The crowd went wild, as Tessa stepped out of the SUV. The crowd was going crazy; people were screaming, and clapping as Tessa stepped out.

“How’s everyone tonight!!” Tessa called waving at everyone

Joey and Justin stayed on either side of her, as they walked into the small doorway of the club. Brandon was ahead of them leading the way, towards the back where her dressing room was.

Tessa walked into the small room, as the doors closed Joey and Justin standing guard as Brandon went on to do his business. Tessa smiled and sat down in front of the vanity, and noticed the bouquet of flower on it, with an envelope.

She smiled and took out the paper in it, and noticed it was letters cut out from a magazine, and it read “YOU THOUGHT YOU COULD GET AWAY…BUT JUST WAIT YOUR TIME WILL COME…NO ONE CAN SAVE YOU NOW”.

Tessa dropped the paper, and screamed getting up from her chair and heading towards the door. Joey and Justin came barging into the room,

“What’s going on?” Joey asked

Tessa shook her head, and pointed at the flowers as she hugged the closet thing she could find, which happened to be Justin. She hid her face in his neck, as Joey walked over towards the vanity. He picked up the piece of paper with a tissue, and shook his head.

“Justin…we got another one” he replied holding it up

Justin walked Tessa over to the couch, and sat her down on it. He walked over to where Joey was and looked at the letter. Brandon then walked into the room, and noticed Tessa curled up on the couch hugging a pillow.

“What’s wrong?” he asked

Joey held up the letter with a tissue again to Brandon “We got another one” he replied

Brandon sighed, and sat down next to Tessa hugging her close, rubbing her back.

“Maybe we should cancel the concert” Justin replied, as he stuck the letter into a plastic bag, and tucking it into his jacket

“Are you crazy?” Brandon asked “They’re about to riot out there”

“It’s not safe!” Justin almost screamed

Brandon looked at Joey for help, but he shook his head when he saw Tessa crying onto Brandon’s shoulder.

“No…” he said “She can’t go on tonight…we’ll reschedule” Joey replied

“This is great” Brandon said “She’ll get the media attention she doesn’t want”

“She’ll live” Joey replied

“Someone has to make an announcement” Brandon said “And it ain’t gonna be me”

“I’ll do it” Joey replied “Let’s get her outta here”

Justin walked over to Tessa and helped her up, wrapping an arm around her waist, as they made their way to the emergency exit of the club. They heard Joey over the speaker

“Attention everyone” Joey called “I’m sorry to inform you…but Tessa will not be performing tonight”

The crowd started to boo, then chant Tessa’s name. Tessa heard them, and then stopped in her tracks. Justin looked at her,

“I need to go” she said to him

“But the letter” he replied

“I’ll be okay…” she replied “I’ll call you if I need you”

Justin watched her, as she walked onto stage. He heard the crowd cheer once again, as she stood next to Joey.

“Thank you Joey” she replied smiling “But I’ll take it from here”

The crowd went wild with cheers, and people calling Tessa’s name. Joey walked off the stage, back towards Justin and stood next to him.

“You think she’ll be alright?” Joey asked

Justin watched Tessa as she entertained the crowd “I hope so” he said, and then turned to Joey “Go onto the other side, and watch out for anyone who tries to get on stage”

Joey nodded and made his way onto the other side of the stage. The music started, and Tessa did her thing, entertaining the crowd.

The crowd was going crazy, as Tessa went and sang her hit song from the movie she just did, doing the sexy dance moves that the men in audience loved. Things were going okay for now, as Justin continued to scan the crowd for anyone who got too close to the stage.

Tessa had made eye contact with Justin, as she sang her song, motioning to him that it was okay, and she was alright. Justin was watching Tessa and hadn’t yet noticed the person who had climbed onto the stage, though Joey had and was quickly trying to get the guy off the stage.

But since Joey had been distracted, more and more people started to climb onto the stage. Justin finally noticed them, and tried as quickly as he could to make his way towards the stage. Tessa noticed him coming towards her, and quickly shook her head putting her hand up, stopping him. She was not in any danger; no one had touched her yet.

Justin stopped in the middle of the crowd, turning to Joey who was still trying to keep this guy off the stage. Then before anyone could react, Tessa’s fans started to form a circle around her, and she was being pushed from each person at their attempt to dance.

Tessa was trying her hardest to get out of it, knowing she could do it herself without any help. Then as she broke out from the crowd, the back up music from her song still blaring from the speakers, she fell down into the crowd and they carried her across the room, and she started to scream for help.

With that Justin quickly grabbed the nearest thing he could to help break up the crowd which happened to be a fire extinguisher, and called for Joey who was trying to get to Tessa as well.

“Grab Brandon, and head around back!” Justin yelled, not quiet sure Joey heard him

But Joey was off in search of something. Justin followed the crowd of people who were now pulling at Tessa’s outfit, trying to get something that was owned by Tessa Johnson.

Justin started to blow the cold substance from the extinguisher at the crowd, who immediately broke apart and dropped Tessa who fell to the floor with a thump and a scream.

Justin threw the extinguisher, and scooped up Tessa who held onto him tightly, hiding her face in his neck. He made his way through the crowd trying to find a sign of Joey there was none. He then rushed towards the back of the club and opened the emergency exit where the SUV was waiting, Tony sitting in the driver seat. Justin got Tessa inside the car and himself next to her and slammed the door shut.

“Let’s go!” Justin called

With that Tony stepped on the gas, and they headed down the street as fast as the car would let them.
End Notes:
*&*Traci*&*

Comments? Questions? E-mail me at Spacey1141@hotmail.com
Chapter 06 by Sassy Spacey
Chapter 06

Tony pulled into the drive way of the mansion about half hour later, Brandon and Joey had not been in the car, and Justin felt the need not to wait for them, they could find a way home on their own. Justin helped Tessa into the house, and towards her room up the stairs.

He waited in the bedroom while she went into her bathroom to change out of her ripped concert clothes and into some comfortable PJs. Justin was walking up and down the upstairs hall ways checking the windows, and rooms to make sure it was all safe for Tessa.

A couple minutes later, she stepped out of the bathroom and walked over to the bed. Justin went over and reached over, putting the sheets over her, as he pulled them up to her shoulders, they were face to face. Tessa was staring into his icy blue eyes, as his face floated over hers.

“Justin…” she whispered

But before she got another word in, she felt Justin’s warm lips on hers. She kissed him back; loving the feeling of his lips on hers then realized what happened and she broke the kiss with a gasp.

Justin looked down at her, her eyes were big in surprise but before he could say anything, he felt her lips on his once again. Tessa groaned as she felt his hand caress her cheek lightly and her eyes closed, as they kissed and she completely surrendered to him.

But before things went any further Justin broke the kiss, pulling away from her, and looking down at her.

“I’m sorry…” he whispered, as he stood up and turned to walk away

She sat up quickly, “Justin…” she called, and he turned to face her “Can…you stay until I fall asleep”

He sighed, and nodded and went to sit on the chair that was next to her door. She smiled, and turned over holding a body pillow close to her as her eyes closed; she secretly smiled as she drifted off to sleep some minutes later.

~*~

After Tessa fell asleep, Justin made his way down the stairs into the kitchen. Maria was no where in sight, and Justin figured she was asleep it was almost 12 am. He went to the huge fridge and opened it, taking the orange juice cartoon out, and went to take a cup out filling it up. He went and sat down at the bar with his orange juice and sighed, leaning his head on his arm.

“What a long ass day” he mumbled, taking another drink.

As if on cue, the front door flew open and slammed shut and Justin heard footsteps coming towards the kitchen. Brandon and Joey stormed in, angry as f*ck.

“What the hell!” Brandon screamed

Justin stood up “You guys keep it down I just got her to sleep” he said

“Why did you leave without us?” Joey asked

“I tried to tell you to find Brandon and meet us out back” Justin said “If we waited for you; it would have been bombarded with fans…”

“Damn it to hell!” Brandon screamed again

Justin looked at him “Brandon…keep your voice down!” he practically screamed

Brandon looked at him “WTF, you don’t know anything okay?” He said “Don’t forget you are the new one here…we know what’s right for her”

“She was already freaked out because of the letter…having people grab her was just adding onto it” Justin replied “If she would of stayed she would have fainted…she nearly hyperventilated in the car”

“This is her only chance to make it big” Brandon replied “This is her time…and you need to learn to loosen up”

“Yea so she can get hurt, or even killed” Justin replied

“Listen you @$$” Brandon said, getting in his face

Justin stood up, practically towering over him. Joey walked over immediately, stepping in between the two.

“Alright alright” He replied “Calm down both of you” he said

Brandon huffed and turned away walking over to the fridge, as Justin sat back down at the bar and took another drink of his orange juice.

“I need a smoke” Brandon mumbled, as he walked towards the front door,

Joey and Justin heard the door open and close, and Joey turned to Justin.

“Is she alright?” Joey asked

Justin looked at him and nodded “She changed and got into bed, and I waited until she fell asleep” he said “I checked all the windows and doors…everything’s good”

Joey nodded as he went and grabbed a beer out of the fridge and sat down next to Justin at the bar, taking a swig.

“How was the club when we left?” Justin asked

“Crowded…” Joey replied “People were going crazy, the owner had to use tear gas to get
everyone out…I don’t even think they realized she had left”

Justin shook his head “Is it always like that?” he asked

Joey shook his head “It wasn’t before…but since she’s starting to sing as well as act…” he said “It’s just growing”

They hadn’t heard Brandon go back in, so they figured he went around back to the pool house where his room was. Pretty soon, Joey and Justin called it a night, Joey headed back to his room, Justin checked out each room again, after that he did the alarm on the house before exiting quickly and headed back down toward the patrol room. He got inside, and checked over the cameras once before stripping down to his boxers and climbed into the bed, closing his eyes; Tessa’s face floating in his head as he fell asleep.
End Notes:
*&*Traci*&*

Comments?? Questions?? E-mail me at Spacey1141@hotmail.com
Chapter 07 by Sassy Spacey
Chapter 07

The next morning Justin got up at his usual time, smacking the alarm clock onto the floor as he crawled out of the bed. He did his usual morning rituals getting dressed in jeans and a white t-shirt. He slipped on some sneakers and his sun glasses and went to walk around the property, checking the gates and cameras.

As he was checking the camera on the intercom, he heard a rustling in the trees; he turned quickly and saw Tessa coming out of them, her iPod on her hip, one ear phone hanging down, she put her hands up.

“Sorry…” she replied “Didn’t mean to scare you”

Justin sighed and semi smiled “How you feeling?” he asked

“Fine” she said, as she stepped onto the road, and moving to shut off her music

“Did you sleep okay?” He asked

She nodded, “I didn’t wake up once” she replied

He nodded, and watched her as she looked at her feet.

“Want to walk with me back to the house?” she asked

He nodded his head in agreement, and she stood beside him and they made their way up the drive way.

“I understand now what you mean, about keeping me safe” Tessa said, as she looked at him

He turned and looked at her as well.

“But I wanted to talk to you about something” she said “And you can say no okay?”

He didn’t say anything, so Tessa took that as her cue to continue.

“I was thinking…that I’d like to go out with a guy sometime…on a date” she started “But I don’t know if I can do that…I mean what if he asks me to go back to his place…you’re gonna have to come right?”

Justin turned and looked at her, confused. They had reached the house now, and were standing by the door.

“So…I was thinking…maybe…you can take me out” she replied, smiling brightly

“Tessa…I“ he started

“Just think about it” she started, “If you say no…I’ll understand”

“Is this based on the kiss from last night?’ Justin asked

Tessa looked at him, and smirked “Maybe…” she teased

As Justin was about to answer, the front door opened and Maria came into view.

“Tessa…there’s a phone call for you” she said,

Tessa looked at her, her cheeks turning pink “Maria…I’ll take it inside, one minute ok?”

Maria nodded as she closed the door, and Tessa turned back to Justin.

“Just think about it okay?” she asked,

She reached over and kissed his cheek, then rushed into the house leaving Justin stunned.

~*~

A few hours later, after Justin did his usual checks of the property he decided to head out to the back yard and do some laps in the pool. Tessa was once again entertaining her friends in the theater room; Brandon was in his pool house doing who knows what, Justin just kept seeing girls walking in, but none leaving so far. And Joey was in the house, keeping his watch on the house and Maria as usual keeping tabs on the girls.

Justin dove into the pool, dressed in a black Speedo and began to swim up and down the pool trying to clear his head. But as he swan, visions flowed through his mind, making him push harder.

~Flashback~

Justin reached the house of his employer after leaving as quickly as he could from his parents home. His mother had just died from cancer a few hours before, and he had asked for some time off to go visit her before it was too late. Of course it was granted, and someone else was put in charge of the Mayor.

He parked his car in front of the mansion and looked in the rearview mirror wiping his eyes of the tears that fell from them. He looked around and noticed the house was dark, something was wrong. He quickly got out of the car, taking out his walkie talkie and pressed the button.

“Mac come in” he said into it, there was static and no answer.

Right then he knew something wasn’t right. He quickly took out his gun from its holder and walked towards the front door, looking into the windows seeing nothing. He reached over and kicked the door; it flew open with a crack the house pitch black.

There was no one in sigh; Justin quickly walked through the house slowly one room at a time. He walked into the kitchen and saw Jose on floor face first, blood down the back of his white shirt.

“Shit!” Justin screamed,

He grabbed his cell phone and dialed 911, after being on hold for 5 minutes he got this message through to them and help was on the way. Justin continued his journey through the house, looking from room to room. Not finding anyone down stairs he made his journey up the stairs.

He nearly fainted as he walked by Mac’s body, his fellow body guard, a gun shot to his head laying in the hall way near the master bedroom. His worst fears were coming true; he finally walked down to the master bedroom door. He put his ear to it, to listen for anything; tears were already pouring down his cheeks as he kicked the door open and almost screamed at the sight in front of him.

The Mayor lying on his back on his bed, blood every where and written on the walls of the room in blood “DEATH TO THE GOVERNEMT”. Justin turned hearing footsteps, and finally noticed the blinking red and blue lights around the property.

“FREEZE!” her heard, and Justin held his hands up

“I’m the bodyguard…” Justin replied “I made the 911 call…in my jacket there’s my badge”

The two officers went towards him, and one took the badge out of his pocket and saw it.

“Alright…what happened?” the officer asked

Justin shook his head “I came home to this…” he replied “As far as I know…there’s a body in the kitchen, and one down the hall, and…” he moved out of sight where the police saw the Mayor.

One of the officers put his hand over his mouth and ran out of the room, as the other looked on.

Justin put his gun back into his strap, “Everyone’s dead” he replied,

The police officer looked at him, and shook his head “This world is a sick place”

Justin nodded his head in agreement and they headed outside where more and more police had made their way to the property. The rest of the night was a blur to Justin; he was in too much shock from his mother and from the Mayor.

~End of Flashback~


Justin just kept pushing himself up and down the pool. He did laps until his legs and arms hurt and finally he reached the shallow end and stopped sitting on the steps panting as he leaned against the edge of the pool. Water running down his cheeks, as his tears mixed in with the pool water.

He sat on the top step putting his head in hands, and ran his hands over his shaved head; he had to stop doing this to himself. He didn’t know how long he sat there, but when he heard a door open and close he turned towards the house and saw Tessa walk out. She smiled and walked over to him, and sat down on the edge of the pool near him putting her legs in the water.

“Hey…you okay?’ She asked him

He looked at her, then looked out at the horizon “Yea…” was all he said

“You were pushing yourself pretty hard” she said

He shrugged “Just trying to get some aggression out” he said

“Aggression…towards me?” She questioned

He shook his head “No…just thinking” he replied

“About?’ She questioned “Your last girl friend?”

He laughed “No…” he said

They were silent for a minute, when Justin finally looked up at her.

“Aren’t you entertaining?” he asked her

She shrugged “They’re into the movie” she said, she leaned back on her hands as she kicked at the water with her legs. They were silent for a minute when Justin spoke.

“Tessa…” he said “About what you asked me…”

“Yea…” Tessa said looking at him

He smiled “When do you want to go?” he asked

She smiled, “Whenever…” she said “Take me where ever you want too”

Justin smiled, “Alright…how’s tomorrow?” he asked

She nodded “Great” she said

“Okay…we’ll leave around 7:30” he replied

She nodded, then got up “I’ll see ya then” she said and walked towards the house.

Justin watched her walk away and sighed as she walked into the house and he lay back down on the floor covering his eyes with his hands. What was he getting himself into?
End Notes:
*&*Traci*&*

Comments? Questions? E-mail me at Spacey1141@hotmail.com
Chapter 08 by Sassy Spacey
Chapter 08

Justin waited out the front door, leaning against his Escalade as he waited for Tessa. He couldn’t believe how nervous he was, and he couldn’t figure out why. He was dressed in casual kaki slacks, with a plain black button up shirt, and he had on black dress shoes. He also had on a black leather jacket and his sun glasses on as he jingled his keys in his hands. What he had planed wasn’t going to be high maintenance like she was used too.

A couple minutes later the door opened and Tessa stepped out, she was dressed in light faded denim jeans, and a pink and white stripped shirt that showed her belly button and naval ring, and some casual white Adidas. Her dirty blonde hair was pulled back into a pony tail, and she had her purse to match. Justin watched her as she smiled and stepped out of the house and down the steps towards him.

“Wow you look great” she said with a wink,

He laughed and took her hand leading her towards the passenger seat, and helped her inside, “So do you” he said with a wink before he closed the door.

He quickly walked around to the driver side and got in and started the car.

“So where are we going?” She asked

He pulled out of the drive way making sure the gate closed before he drove off.

“You’ll see” he replied,

They made small talk as Justin drove towards their destination. The sun was slowly starting to set and it was starting to get breezy. Finally they reached their destination; the local park. Tessa looked out the window of the car, and noticed there was a huge amount of people around they were all facing this huge white screen and sitting on blankets.

Tessa turned and looked at Justin as he shut off the car, and she smiled. Justin got out of the car and went to the backseat to grab a basket and a blanket, as Tessa climbed out of the passenger seat. Justin went to stand beside her, and lifted his arm. Tessa smiled and wrapped her arm around his and they made their way towards the grass area where everyone else was.

No one seemed to know who Tessa was and she was actually enjoying it. They found a nice quiet spot near the trees in the back and Justin set up the blanket, putting the basket on the edge; while Tessa sat down.

Justin sat down next to her “So?” he asked “What you expected?”

She smiled “No…not really…but you’re not what I expected either” she said

He smiled at her, as he began to take the contents out of the basket. There was one bottle of iced tea, a bottle of orange juice, some sandwiches and a fruit bowl.

“Wow, you really know me huh?” she asked smiling

He laughed

“So what movie is it?” she asked looking around

“An old classic…Casablanca” he replied

She smiled; Maria always talked about the movie, but she had yet to see it.

They started to eat, still making conversation when the movie started Tessa moved into Justin’s arms and she leaned back against his chest complaining she was cold. He laughed, and took his jacket off putting it over her as they watched the movie. Justin had rested his chin on Tessa’s shoulder, becoming more comfortable with her as the night went on.

A couple hours later the movie had ended and everyone was headed out. Justin and Tessa were walking now hand in hand back towards the car.

“So did you like it?” Justin asked

Tessa looked up at him and smiled “It was great…I can’t believe I had never seen it before”

Justin smiled, as they continued their journey to the car. Tessa still had on Justin’s leather jacket as they reached the car and got in.

“How many times have you seen that movie?” she asked him, remember every time she looked back at him he was silently repeating the words

He started the car and drove out of the parking lot “Oh…to many times to count” he replied “It was my mom’s favorite; we kind of had a tradition”

Tessa noticed his mood had changed when he mentioned his mom, and she didn’t want to push it so she changed the subject.

“So is the night over?” she asked

He laughed “No, I thought we’d go to a bar and have a drink or two before we headed back” he said

She smiled “Sounds fine to me” she said

~*~

Soon they were sitting at a quiet booth in the back; Justin was drinking a beer while Tessa was nursing a rum and coke. There was a basket of peanuts sitting between them. The low sound on soft country music was playing in the background and Tessa looked around as Justin took a swig of his beer.

“So…you like this stuff huh?” Tessa asked “The place…the music?”

Justin shrugged “Yea…” he said “Why? To low key for you?”

She laughed and shook her head “No…it’s actually kinda nice” she said and took a sip of her drink.

They were silent for a minute before Tessa spoke up again.

“So…why did you choose this as a career?” she asked him

He looked at her, and shrugged as he took another drink of his beer.

“Oh come on, you choose it for a reason” she said

“Makes me feel good about myself…” he said “Knowing I can protect people” then he added “Plus I can’t sing…”

Tessa smiled before asking “Just people?” she started “I mean I can understand if it’s someone like the president…but just people…like me?”

He nodded “Sure” he replied “I don’t know if Joey told you this but. I wasn’t planning on taking this job…I had never worked with celebrities…and I didn’t want to start”

“So what made you change your mind?” Tessa asked with a smile

He looked at her, “I don’t know” he said “I knew you needed help”

“Well…thank you for coming to rescue me” she said, smiling

He laughed “You seem like you can take care of yourself though” he said

She shrugged “I like to believe I can” she said “But like I said, that club thing…it scared me”

Justin watched her, as she took another sip of her drink.

“I never really did thank you for that” she said watching him

He shook his head “No need, it was my job” he said

“I should have listened to you when you said it was time to go” she said

He shrugged; the waitress had come by to give Justin another beer.

“So…have you ever liked anyone before…you know a girl” she said

He took another drink “Yea sure” he said casually

“What happened?” She asked

Justin didn’t say anything, as Tessa watched him closely.

“She didn’t die did she?” she asked “While you were protecting her…”

Justin stayed silent, as he folded his hands out in front of him.

“No one is perfect” he replied looking at her

Tessa looked at him silently, shocked. Then Justin broke out in a grin,

“No…” he said laughing “It didn’t end that way”

Tessa grabbed some peanuts ready to chuck them at him “You jerk” she replied

He laughed holding onto her hand, forcing her to put the peanuts back into the bowl.

“So what happened?” she asked

“She just didn’t love me anymore” he replied “She was a big time singer at the time, and was moving on to bigger and better things”

“Is that how you met her?” Tessa asked

Justin nodded “Pretty much” he said “My boss introduced us”

Tessa looked around and noticed some couples were dancing in the middle of the bar on a dance floor and she smiled and turned back to Justin.

“So…does this date entitle us to everything?” Tessa asked with a wink

Justin looked at her, not saying anything.

She laughed “Relax…I’m just asking you to dance” she said and stood up holding her hands out to him “Come one” she said

Justin took them as he stood up, and they made their way onto the dance floor. Tessa wrapped her arms around Justin's neck, as he laid his hands on her sides not wanting to cross a line. Tessa could tell he was nervous and she smiled, as she snuggled closer to him, resting her head on his shoulder, nuzzling her face into his neck.

They moved to the slow song in silence, Justin continued to look around; his habit, and when Tessa looked up at him she noticed he was not concentrated on her. She moved her hand to his cheek, and pulled it towards her.

"We're okay" Tessa said, as she looked up into his eyes

He looked down at her, she reached up and stroked his cheek which was usually stubby but now it was soft and smooth. She slowly brought his face down towards her, and their lips met in a slow steamy kiss.

As their kiss continued, there was a loud “CRASH” and Justin quickly broke the kiss, turning so Tessa was behind him as he looked in the direction; the only thing that was there was a waiter picking up the pieces of glass that lay on the floor. He sighed; frustrated that he had let his guard down. Tessa went back into his arms, and made him look at her again.

“It’s okay…” she said “Look at me” he did so looking into her eyes “I’ll keep you safe”
she said, as she hugged him close laying her head on his shoulder, as they continued their slow dance.

~*~

Justin turned on the light to the patrol room, and opened the door more for Tessa to come inside. She walked in, Justin’s jacket still on her shoulder and she looked around the place. There was nothing up, the walls were blank, but there were boxes all over the place. She turned around looking all over, then back at Justin who was sitting on the bed, with a glass of orange juice now.

“Not much of a decorator huh?” She asked

Justin shrugged “Haven’t been here long enough” he replied

She then noticed a bunch of picture frames stacked on the dresser; she picked one up and looked at it, and had to smile. It was of Justin obviously; when he was younger he was kneeling beside a basketball, dressed in his school uniform, his hair was a mass of curls with a sweat band around it. She smiled and held up the picture showing it to him.

“This is a good look for you” she said

He looked at the picture, and Tessa could see the blush creep onto his face.

“That’s how I got into college” he replied “Scholarship”

“Oh” Tessa said and put the frame down, “I bet you were the heartthrob on the team too”

Justin shrugged and put the now empty glass down onto the bedside table. Tessa walked over and sat down next to him.

“Thank for the great evening” Tessa said smiling at him

He smiled “Not a problem” he said

“You wanna know something” Tessa said, as she leaned into him, their faces inches apart, she reached out and caressed his cheek once again, Justin looked into her eyes completely frozen “I’ve never felt more safe then when I’m with you” she said

Justin leaned forward making their lips come into contact, and wrapped his arms around her waist brining her closer to him as they fall back onto the bed. The rest of the night was magical as Tessa felt the pleasure from a man she had never felt before.
End Notes:
*&*Traci*&*

Comments? Questions? E-mail me at Spacey1141@hotmail.com
Chapter 09 by Sassy Spacey
Chapter 09

It had almost been a week since Tessa and Justin had gone on their first date. Though Justin knew it was wrong to get involved with his employer, he couldn’t stop thinking about her. There were times that week when Tessa told him to pretend to fall asleep in the theater room, so that at night she could come down and lay with him. They had chosen to keep their relationship secret not only because Justin was her bodyguard but because to the media Tessa needed to appear available.

One morning Justin was doing his usual rounds around the property checking the cameras and lights etc. As he was walking back up the drive way, he looked up the road and saw Tessa rushing towards him, a paper in her hands.

“Justin!” She called and lunged into his arms,

He caught her laughing, as she hugged him tightly and then held out the paper to him.

“I’m nominated!” she replied “I got nominated for a Grammy!!”

“That’s wonderful!” Justin said hugging her again

Tessa laughed as he twirled her around.

“I can’t wait!” she replied “And guess what they invited me to Miami to do two exclusive concerts to make money for the AIDS foundation…its $1,000 a plate!”

He smiled, and put her down as she hugged him tightly.

“Congratulations” he said

“We should celebrate” She said smiling, grabbing his hand as they made their way back towards the house.

“What do you want to do?” Justin asked her, looking around the property and bringing her behind the brush to hide from the view of the house.

“Be with you” she said smiling, as she wrapped her arms around his neck.

Justin looked at her and smiled, leaning down to kiss her lips lightly. Tessa moved her hands down towards the bottom of his shirt un-tucking it from his pants, and began to run her hands up his abs and chest. Justin had begun to run his hands through her hair, when he had come to his senses and he broke the kiss panting.

“Tess…” he started, “We can’t do this here…”

“Where then?” She asked “Laying with you at night isn’t cutting it anymore”

He looked down at her and kissed her forehead.

“I’ll figure something out” he said,

She hugged him tightly “I better get back to the house” she said “I got people calling me every 5 minutes”

“Okay” He said, as she began to slip from his grip “We’ll talk later”

“Bye” she said, and rushed through the wooden area and back towards the house.

Justin watched her go through the trees and sighed before heading towards the patrol room to make some calls.

~*~

Justin walked into the patrol room and sat down on the love seat in the corner with a huff. He put his sun glasses onto his head as he turned to the table he had his paper work on. He took the cell phone from it’s holder on his hip and went through his phone book, finding the right number. Pressing the call button and put it to his ear hearing the ring, then a familiar voice.

“Hello, this is Johnny” came a voice

“Hey, it’s Justin” Justin said

“Oh hey guy, what’s going on?” Johnny asked

“I jus wanted to see if you had any leads yet” Justin asked

Between the time he had gotten there and now, he had sent the notes and doll to Johnny who had his own private investigating force that worked for him, and hoped to get some leads off the objects.

“Let me get the folder out hold on” Johnny replied and pressed the hold button

Justin looked at the ceiling as he heard the music play over the phone. A minute later Johnny came back onto the line.

“Justin…”

“Still here…”

“Alright” he replied “This guys smarter then we though…no DNA on the letters, no finger prints nothing,”

“What about the glue?” Justin asked “Anything from that?”

“Not done yet” He replied “We’re doing everything we can Justin…just keep doing what you’re doing”

Justin sighed and ran his hand down his face “Alright, call me when you know something”

“We will…” he replied

Justin talked to him a little bit, he had always been close to his boss and knew he would do anything for him, and vise versa. Justin hung up a few minutes later, and lay back in the chair again looking at the ceiling. He really couldn’t keep going on like this, being with Tessa in a more intimate way then was suitable for the job he had to do. He really should break it off with her, but he couldn’t bring himself to do it. As he closed his eyes, his cell phone rang and his eyes popped open and he grabbed the phone.

“Hello…”

“Hey baby” came Tessa’s voice

Justin smiled “What’s up?” he asked,

“I’ve figured it out” she said proud of herself

“What have you figured out?” he asked

“A way for us to be alone tonight” she said

“Okay…” he said waiting for her to continue

“Brandon said he had meetings and things, and would be out all night…Joey has a date” she laughed “Can you believe it…a date…and it’s about time for Maria to go visit her family”

“Okay...how are you going to keep them away all night?” he asked

“That’s just it…” she said “I’ll tell them I’ll be just fine with the you, and Tony doesn’t ever stay at night…and if anything happened you’ll be fine to drive…so I’m going to tell them the alarm turns on at 9:00 and doesn’t turn off until 10:00 the next day…no one can come home until then”

“They fell for it?” Justin asked

“Heck yes they did” Tessa said with a smile “So…I expect you to be at the house by 9:00 when the alarm goes on…or you’re just out of luck”

Justin laughed “Well, you sound like you’ve got it together” he said

“Of course I do” she said “I’m gonna order some Chinese for dinner, want anything special?”

“Whatever is fine” he said “You want me to go get some movies?”

She smiled “If you want too…something romantic” she replied

Justin groaned, and Tessa laughed

“You know you love it” she replied

He laughed “I’ll see you tonight okay?” he asked

“Okay baby” she replied “see you then”

“Bye”

With that they both hung up. Justin sighed again and looked at the ceiling, something had to change. He didn’t want it to, but it had too eventually. Justin then got up and grabbed his keys and headed up the drive way to his car, before calling Joey and telling him he was heading out for a minute. He got into his car and headed towards the nearest video rental store to rents some videos for their night in.
End Notes:
*&*Traci*&*

Comments? Questions? E-mail me at Spacey1141@hotmail.com
Chapter 10 by Sassy Spacey
Chapter 10

Justin walked into the mansion at about 8:45, with the bag of rented DVDs. After going to the rental place, he came back and did one more check of the property before heading into the house. Joey was walking out from the back of the house; he was dressed in casual slacks and a button down shirt. It was the first time Justin had seen him in something other then black. He nodded to Justin with a smile.

“Hey, heard you got a hot date” Justin said taking off his sunglasses and he put them along with his keys by the door on the little table.

Joey grinned “Yea…sorry to leave you here alone tonight” He said

“No problem” Justin said “At least she gave you the night off”

Joey nodded “You think you’ll be alright tonight by yourself?” he asked

“I’ll be fine,” he replied “Just got her some movies, I’ve got some paper work to catch up on, and family to call”

Joey nodded, and then looked at the watch on his wrist.

“I better get going” Joey said “I’m the last to leave, Maria and Brandon are already gone, and Tessa’s in the theater room probably waiting for those” he pointed to the video bag
“Oh and her foods here so you can go ahead and lock up”

“Alright have a good night” Justin said

Joey closed the door and Justin secured the house, punching in the code. Then he made his way towards the theater room, where Tessa would be. Tessa was sitting in the middle of the floor on a blanket, with the cartons of Chinese food spread out she was already digging into one, when Justin coughed and she jumped and looked up, chow mein noodles hanging from her mouth. He laughed.

“Justin, you jerk” she said, putting the rest of the noodle into her mouth

He laughed “Eating without me I see” he said walking over

She smiled “you snooze you loose” she said

“I wasn’t snoozing I was getting your videos” he said and kicking off his shoes before sitting down across from her.

“What movies did you get?” she asked reaching for the bag

He grabbed it, and took out the cases “The Notebook, Sweet Home Alabama,…Alien Vs Predator, Italian Job” she made a face when he said the last two.

“I had to get something” Justin said “The guy at the counter was gonna think I was a sissy or something”

Tessa laughed, and got up with the videos “Which one first?” she asked

He shrugged as he leaned over to look at the contents of the cartons to see what he wanted to eat first. He grabbed the carton of orange chicken before sitting back against the couch. After popping The Notebook DVD in, Tessa came back and sat down next to him, starting to eat her chow mein again.

During the movie, they had finished their Chinese putting the cartons to the side, and Tessa leaned into Justin’s arms crying in the middle of the movie. By the end of the movie Tessa’s face was red, and her cheeks were tear stained as she laid her head on Justin’s shoulder as he rubbed her back, trying his best to calm her down.

“It’s just a movie Tess” Justin said as he rubbed her back

She sniffled, and wiped her eyes with the blanket “I know…but didn’t it make you the least bit sad?” she asked

Justin laughed, and kissed her head bringing her onto his lap, and ran his hand through her hair. Tessa wrapped her arms around his neck, holding him close. Finally she calmed down a little bit, and lifted her face to look at Justin. Justin looked into her red brimmed eyes and smiled, putting her face in his hands wiping her cheeks with his thumbs.

“Better?” he asked

She sniffled, “What time is it?” she asked, and hiccupped

He laughed and lifted his wrist to look at his watch “Almost 12” he replied; she had spent almost a half hour crying.

“Time for bed” she said with a smile,

He laughed “Let’s get cleaned up, then we’ll retire to the bedroom” he said with a wink

She smiled and got up from his lap. Justin started to put the empty cartons into the trash as Tessa folded the blankets and put the pillows away in the closet. Finally Tessa grabbed his hand, and walked with him up the stairs into her room. Justin followed though he knew very well where her room had been, they reached the room and walked inside.

“Wait here” she said, and walked into the bathroom

Justin looked around the room, and noticed some candles sitting around it. He took the liberty of lighting them himself, and then remembered he hadn’t checked the house yet. He walked over towards the bathroom door and knocked softly.

“Tess…” he said lightly “I’ll be right back”

“No wait, I’ll be right out” he heard

“I’m just gonna-“ then he was cut off as the door opened,

Tessa was leaning against the bathroom doorway, her semi curled hair down, her slimming figure in a baby pink nighty. Justin looked at her, his eyes moving up and down her body; as she smiled brightly at him. His thoughts of checking the house once again were forgotten, as Tessa stepped into his arms.

“You know…I think you are wearing too much clothing” she said, as her hands moved down his stomach and began to unbuckle his pants.

Justin’s breath was quickening as he looked down at her hands as they worked his belt and jeans. He moved his face down to hers, as be caught her lips in a passionate kiss. As their kiss continued Tessa worked off Justin’s shirt and pants and he kicked them off before making his way towards the bed falling back onto it with her on top of him.

Justin turned them so that Tessa was below him, as he moved her up towards the pillows lying on top of her, as he began to kiss down her neck, removing her nighty as he went. Tessa closed her eyes, laying her head back enjoying the feeling of Justin’s hot lips on her skin. When he would kiss her, she could feel her body moving towards him wanting to feel as much of his lips on her skin as possible.

Finally Tessa couldn’t take it anymore, and she brought Justin’s face back towards hers. She brought him into another kiss, as she reached down his sides and pulled off his boxer briefs dropping them to the floor. Time passed by in slow motion as Tessa experienced the same pleasure she had the first night she was together with Justin.

Minutes later they reached their peak, and they panted each others names and Justin collapsed against her, resting his face into the crock of her neck. Tessa tried to control her breathing, as she hugged Justin close running her hands up and down his back, and over his shaved head.

“You okay?” she asked,

He lifted his head and looked into her eyes, their bodies covered in a thin layer of sweat, and he leaned forward to kiss her lips lightly.

“I’m fine” he replied, and laid his head onto her chest once again

She smiled, and continued to rub his back, laying her cheek against his head. They laid there awhile listening to each other breathing, then finally broke apart. Justin got them under the covers and Tessa laid herself against his him, as Justin spooned her against his chest. Justin lay awake as he felt Tessa start to breathe deeply signaling that she was asleep, and he sighed and kissed the back of her head. He too closed his eyes, and fell into a deep sleep, holding her close.
End Notes:
*&*Traci*&*

Comments? Questions? E-mail me at Spacey1141@hotmail.com
Chapter 11 by Sassy Spacey
Chapter 11

Justin’s eyes popped open, and he gasped for breath as he sat up in bed and looked around. It took him a minute to realize where he was, and he looked next to him and saw Tessa fast asleep, snuggled under the covers. He sighed, and looked around the room once again. The sun was starting to show itself over the hill top out the window, and he remembered why he had woken up; he forgot to check the windows the night before.

He slowly climbed out of the bed cursing at himself for getting distracted and he began to look around for his boxer briefs. He found them and quickly put them on, and walked outside of the room and went around the upstairs checking every door and window, the headed downstairs and did the same thing.

When he was done he walked into the kitchen and got a glass of orange juice. He sat down at the bar, and drank his juice and he leaned his head on his arm. He couldn’t believe he had forgotten his duties, this wasn’t like him. Getting involved with Tessa was not a smart move, and now he knew he had to break it off; to keep her safe.

He didn’t know how long he was sitting there, but the next thing he knew he felt arms wrap around his neck and he jumped turning, pushing the figure back.

“Justin…its jus me” Tessa said looking at him, her eyes big

He sighed “Shyt Tessa…” he replied “Don’t do that”

She looked at him, her lip turning into a pout “Sorry” she replied

“You just scared me” He replied, and relaxed a little

Tessa walked towards him, and went to sit on his lap. She took his glass of orange juice on the table and took a sip.

“How long have you been awake?” she asked

He shrugged “A couple hours” he said looking at the clock on the wall, it was 8:00.

Tessa wrapped an arm around his neck, as he held onto her back making sure she didn’t fall back.

“We still have two hours left” she replied “What do you want to do?”

Justin looked at her, and then took a drink of his juice.

“Tessa…I think we need to talk” Justin said looking at her seriously

Tessa looked at him “About what?” she asked

Justin looked into her eyes, and knew she was going to be incredibly pissed when their conversation was finished.

“I think…what’s going on between us…needs to stop” Justin started

Tessa looked at him, her eyes searching his face. “What do you mean?” she asked

He sighed “I mean…” he started “I shouldn’t have even slept with you in the first place…it’s not my job to get involved with you”

“Your job??” she questioned

“Tessa…I forgot to check the house last night before we went to bed” Justin stressed
“Something could of happened to you…and I would never forgive myself”

“Nothing happened…” Tessa said, tears were starting to build up in her eyes.

“But it could of…and I would have been the one to blame” he replied “I care about you too much to…”

“You @sshole!” she screamed getting off his lap, and paced the kitchen

“Tessa…please!” Justin said standing up, walking towards her

“Don’t come near me!” Tessa screamed at him “Go on and take the easy way out!”

“That’s not why I’m doing this” Justin started “You are my employer and that won’t change.”

Tessa was quiet as she angrily wiped at her eyes, trying to get rid of the tears that ran down her cheeks.

“Is it something I did?” She questioned

Justin looked at her, his heart aching for her “No…Tessa…no it was nothing you did” he replied “It’s my conscious I guess…”

“What a f*cking cop out” Tessa said angrily and walked out of the kitchen.

“Tessa!” Justin called, following her into the foyer.

“Stay away from me Justin, do whatever you want to until 10, then turn off the alarm and get out of my house” she replied, as he walked up the stairs.

Justin watched her walk up the stairs, and sighed as he ran a hand over his head. There he was standing there in his boxer briefs in the foyer of his employer. When he was about to walk up the stairs to get his clothes, Tessa threw them down from the top of the staircase and walked away. Justin picked them up, and walked into the down stairs bathroom to change.

He went into the kitchen and fixed himself a bowl of cereal and walked into the theater room to watch TV and kill time until 10:00. Justin hadn’t heard from Tessa the rest of the morning, and he kind of didn’t want to. When 10:00 rolled around he took one look around the house, minus her bedroom and shut off the security system and opened the door making his way out towards his patrol room. He passed Joey’s car on the way down and gave him a nod, and saw Brandon’s car coming into the property as he walked into the patrol room. His job was not going to be any easier from now on.

~*~

Justin was sitting in his patrol room; in front of the TVs which showed what each camera saw. He hadn’t left the room since this morning when he walked into it. He took a long shower thinking things over; this was the situation he was trying to ignore.

After changing into some comfortable sweats and a wife beater he then cleaned up around the room, throwing take-out containers away before sitting down in front of the screens. He had his bare feet propped up on the table holding a glass of orange juice.

He nearly fell over when his phone rang loudly next to him. He reached over and looked at the caller ID. It read: ‘Joey’. He answered it quickly.

“Hello”

“Hey Jus, its Joey”

“What’s up?”

“There’s a meeting in Brandon’s office…asap”

“Okay…what about?”

“Just touching base…oh and going over plans for Miami”

“Alright, I’ll head over now”

“See ya then”

He hung up and took one last gulp of his orange juice and stood up. He slipped on some sneakers and grabbed his cell and headed up towards the house and around to the pool house. He walked up the side of the house, heading into the back yard and saw Tessa floating around the pool, sun glasses on; he couldn’t tell if she was watching him, which she secretly was.

Justin walked to the door and knocked and entered after hearing Brandon’s voice. He walked in and saw Joey lounging on an over stuffed chair in the front of Brandon’s desk, and Brandon was seated behind his desk. Joey looked up at him and sat up.

“Hey come sit” Joey said pointing to the other chair beside him.

Justin did so, lounging back.

“What’s up?” Justin asked “How were your nights?”

Joey laughed “Definitely one to remember” he winked at Justin

“God Jo, we don’t need to know” Brandon complained

Joey laughed “Aw c’mon B, you know you had fun” he said

Brandon shrugged

“How about you Justin?” Joey asked

Justin shrugged “Nothing to report” he said

“You sure?” Joey asked “She’s a little prissy today”

Justin shrugged “She watched movies while I made some calls in the kitchen”

“Hmm” Joey said

“Maybe she got into a fight with a friend” Justin suggested

“Yea” Joey said

“Anyway, back to business” Brandon said

Joey and Justin both looked at Brandon

“Justin, have you heard anything on the notes?” asked Brandon

“I called Johnny yesterday…he said there was no DNA on either letter. And they haven’t gotten the results for the glue yet” Justin said “He said he’d call when anything came up”

“Great” Brandon said making notes

Joey and Justin watched him for a minute, and then he looked at both of them.

“Now…about this Miami trip” Brandon said

They spent a good hour going over the things needed to make this trip safe. Justin was taking care of the over all security while Brandon did the appearances, etc. Joey and Tony would be going of course along with more security hired only for the trip.

Finally the meeting was over and the three men went their separate ways. Justin heading back to the patrol room to make more calls, Joey headed inside to watch over Tessa and Brandon stayed in his office setting up his own plans. Miami was two weeks away, things needed to happen quickly.
End Notes:
*&*Traci*&*

Comments? Questions? E-mail me at Spacey1141@hotmail.com
Chapter 12 by Sassy Spacey
Chapter 12

Planning the Miami trip had everyone extremely busy. Tessa was busy with fashion designers getting her outfits together for the two appearances and of course the party’s along with her choreographer Wade who was helping her with the dance moves for her performance.

Justin spent his time hiring more crew, going through meetings with them and or course conference calls with the owners of the Miami hotel they would be staying at; the Lux Atlantic (RM: 4080) “cf: Red Eye- to set up security issues. Joey just spent a lot of time following Tessa around with her many errands.

Finally one early Thursday morning they boarded a private plan (provided by WBG with Justin’s convincing) and headed to Miami. They reached the hotel some 6 hours later; though everyone was exhausted, Justin wanted to make sure the room was secure.

Finally everything was to Justin’s liking and everyone walked in. There were men stations outside the room, and by the elevators (along with the staircases at the end of both hall ways); while Joey and Justin stayed inside the room with Tessa and Brandon. Maria was given the weekend off back in California. Tessa went right to the master suite and got comfy, getting ready for a nap.

Hours later it was time for Tessa to make her appearance out to greet some fans and sign some autographs along with a meeting with the press. Tessa was ready, dressed to impress in a tight short skirt that went to her mid thighs and a cute pink top that showed her stomach. She had her hair curled and down with some pink heels. They stood inside the lobby waiting for the okay to head out.

“Are we ready or what?” Tessa asked, popping her gum with a pen in hand.

Justin looked around as he stood on one side of Tessa. He glanced at Joey who was on the other side of her. Brandon was behind them.

“Alright, lets go” Justin said

The doors opened and the crowd went wild. People were screaming Tessa’s name. Tessa grinned then turned to Justin.

“Relax…this is what you DO get paid for” Tessa said, and then walked out into the crowd.

“Hello everyone!!” Tessa said with a smile

She walked through the crowd signing as many autographs as she could. She spent a good hour singing autographs and talking pictures with fans before walking through towards the building where her press conference was going to be held. In the press conference she expressed her gratitude for the nomination she received along with some future plans for her career. They spent almost 2 hours there, and then they headed back to the hotel.

“I’m hungry” Tessa announced walking into the room

“What do you want?” Brandon asked following her. Joey and Justin brought up the back.

“I don’t know” she said

She walked into the living room area, and sat down in one of the love seats.

“Nothing fatty, you’ve got a run at 7:00 and choreography run threw with Wade after that” Brandon reminded

She groaned and laid her head back against the couch.

“A salad I guess” Tessa replied

Brandon nodded “What about you two?” he asked looking over at Joey and Brandon who were standing by the balcony window out towards the ocean.

They both turned around and looked at him

“Oh…whatever” Joey said

“Yea, doesn’t matter” Justin agreed

Justin and Joey both turned towards the window again.

“What are you two looking at?” Brandon asked as he looked through the hotel menu for room service.

“Looks like a storm is comin in” Justin said,

“Cr*p that will ruin everything” Tessa said, and she got up and walked back towards the bedroom “I’m going to change” she announced

Brandon ordered the food, then hung up and walked towards Joey and Justin to look out the window as well.

“Do you think it will delay things?” He asked

“No…it should just be something over night” Justin said

Pretty soon Tessa came out, and they turned on a movie and ate their room service. Finally Tessa headed over to bed, while Brandon went to make some phone calls in his own room while Joey and Justin sat around the living room as the storm rolled in.

The storm brewed its energy all night, finally breaking over Miami with fury. It was only a thunder and lightning storm with some major rain fall. Joey had gone to sleep in one of the rooms leaving Justin to watch over the inside of the room (though guards stayed posted all day and night). Justin was laying across the couch, half watching the TV, half looking out the window at the storm.

Tessa on the other hand could not sleep. She had woken with a gasp sitting up in her bed as the thunder cracked outside her window. She looked around the room forgetting where she was for a second then climbed out of bed wrapping herself in a blanket. She saw the glow of the TV through the sides of her door and knew Justin was awake. She opened the door slowly, and looked over at the couch. Justin had heard he door opened and looked in the doorway seeing her.

“What’s wrong?” he asked sitting up

“I…” Tessa started, a crack of thunder sounded and she squeaked before running towards him.

She landed on the couch next to him snuggling into him.

“It’s just a storm” Justin reassured, he wrapped an arm around her.

“It scared me” she said, yawning

“You need your sleep” he said “You’ve got a busy day ahead of you”

She laid her head onto his shoulder. Justin knew what she was trying to do and he was trying his best to resist.

“What are you watching?” she asked

“Nothing…some old western” he replied

“Hmm” she said, and closed her eyes “It’s cold”

“If you get into bed you’ll be warm” he said “C’mon I’ll sit with you until you fall asleep”

“What if I get scared again?” she asked looking at him

“You won’t” he said and stood up, looking down at her

She looked up at him, and pouted and he shook his head. She sighed and got up continuing to pout as she made her way back into the bedroom. She got back into the bed and Justin tucked her in.

“You excited about your shows?” Justin asked as he sat down in a chair by her bed

“A little nervous” she said

“You’ll do fine” Justin said

Tessa smiled at him, then turned over and snuggled under the covers. The lightning and thunder continued for almost another hour when Justin finally heard the familiar deep breathing coming from Tessa’s sleeping form. He got up and walked back out into the living room and walked to Joey’s room to wake him for his shift.
End Notes:
*&*Traci*&*

Comments? Questions? e-mail me at Spacey1141@hotmail.com
Chapter 13 by Sassy Spacey
Chapter 13

The morning came quickly. Tessa woke up early for her run with Justin who followed closely behind her. Then she had a 10 minute break before she went to the stage to work on some choreography with Wade. Joey was with her then while Justin went to shower and change. After going through her dances for the show, she went to do a sound check then finally got to relax. But before she knew it, it was time to get dressed for her show. Justin must’ve done a million and one perimeter checks that day.

Tessa was sitting n her dressing room now. She was comfy on one of the couches in her fluffy robe talking to her mom on the phone as her family wished her luck. She just hung up when there was a knock.

“Yes?” she called

The door opened, and Brandon stepped inside.

“Well that’s not very safe” he replied “Shouldn’t it be locked?”

Tessa rolled her eyes “Please with all the security Justin has around”

“He’s just keeping you safe” Brandon said

“Yea yea” Tessa replied “So, what’s up?”

“Nothing” he replied “Just wanted to see what you were up too”

“Nothing, just talked to my family” she said

“Oh yea? How are they?” he asked

“Fine” Tessa said

Brandon looked at his watch “You should start getting ready” he said “Your public awaits…”

Tessa sighed and got up off the couch

“Help me into my gown” she said walking behind the divider slipping her robe off.

Brandon waited until Tessa came back out, the dressed un-zipped all down her back. He zipped it up quickly, underneath she had on a mini skirt and tank top, for her dance remixes. After he zipped her up, she walked to the vanity and sat down starting her make up. Brandon watched her, going through his palm pilot.

“Is everything ready for the party in my suite?” she asked

“Yes, no one gets in without an invitation” Brandon said

“Great” she replied

She was just applying the last of her lipstick when there was a knock on the door.

“Tessa…it’s Justin” came the voice from the other side of the door

“Come in” Tessa called

Justin walked into the room. He looked pretty snazzy himself in his black apparel. Tessa saw him do a double take and smiled at herself.

“Two minutes tell show time” he replied

“Well, let’s go then” she said

She walked past him out the door, and he turned quickly to follow with Brandon close behind them.

~*~

The concert went off without a hitch. Tessa had people dancing in their seats when she did her dance mixes and swaying to the melodies when she did her slower number. Some people even got up to dance as she sang her heart out to the slow smooth music. Justin and Joey stayed on each side of the stage, and watched her as well as the crowd.

Finally after the dinner Tessa was escorted back towards the suite by Justin and Joey with Brandon close behind them where the party was already getting started. People were dancing with drinks in their hands, while the help was carrying around trays of food and drink.

Tessa went up to the top of the stair case, and got everyone quiet. Justin stood off to the side watching over her, with a glass of orange juice in hand while Joey went off to explore the party.

“I want to just thank everyone so much for coming” Tessa said loudly as she scanned the room “And a big thank you for donating to the AIDS foundation”

Everyone clapped and she looked over the crowd catching Justin’s eye as he talked to some other guy.

“So now it’s time for the real party to start!!” she said “So everyone drink up and have a good time!”

They all laughed, the music started again as Tessa made her way towards Justin. She walked to his side, and reached over taking the glass of orange juice from his grasp and turned to look at the man who he was talking to. He was about the same height as Justin with his dark hair slick back, and piercing baby blue eyes. He had on black pants and a white shirt under his black blazer.

“Hello” she replied with a sweet smile

“Tessa…your show was wonderful” the man replied

She grinned “Thank you…” she replied, then looked at Justin handing him his glass back. “Well are you going to introduce us or what?”

“Tessa this is David Benson” he said “We used to work together”

“Oh, a fellow bodyguard huh?” Tessa asked looking at him

He nodded “Probably not quite as good Justin though” he said

Tessa laughed then looked up at Justin, then back at David.

“So who are you working for now?” she asked him

“Oh some other hot shot celebrity, he might show up later so I came to look the place over” David said

“Oh don’t worry about that, Justin’s been doing plenty of that all day” Tessa said with a smile, she then grabbed David’s hand “C’mon, let’s go get a drink…something stronger then orange juice”

With that they walked off, Justin watching them as they walked into a little secluded room on the other side of the suite. He sighed and took the last gulp from his glass and grabbing another from the bar before walking around to scoop the area again.

~*~

Tessa walked into the small room, with David following close behind her. She turned to face him, and he was standing in front of her, with a smile on his face. Tessa smiled back at him, as she wrapped her arms around his neck, as he placed his hands on her waist. She leaned up, and kissed him lightly at first, then felt him kiss her deeper and she groaned as she leaned completely into him.

She really wasn’t enjoying herself all that much, but the fact that she knew Justin knew they were in this room together and was probably furious about it made all the difference. David had moved them to the wall, and had her trapped against him, as he took her arms and held them pinned above her head.

Finally Tessa broke the kiss gasping for breath, and David began to kiss down her neck sucking lightly. Though his lips were feather light across her skin, she could only think of one person and knew she couldn’t go through with this after all. Finally after catching her breath, she began to move herself from David’s grasp.

“David” she whispered “Stop”

David looked into her eyes, “What?” he asked

“I…we can’t do this” Tessa said trying not to look him in the eyes

David smirked, and it made Tessa shiver “Oh I think we can”

Tessa got out from beneath him “No!” she said loudly

She walked quickly towards the door, pushing it open as David grabbed her hand. She scanned the crowd quickly for a body guard and saw Joey talking to some girls.

“Joey!” she called,

Joey immediately looked at her, and noticed her panic stricken face.

“What is it?” he asked, walking towards her ignoring the girls who were swooning over him.

“Mr. Benson was just leaving” Tessa replied,

Joey looked at David who was standing behind Tessa holding onto her hand. Joey nodded, and put his hand on David’s shoulder forcing him out of the small room and across the living room. Tessa sighed as she watched Joey take him away, and she turned and saw Justin looking at her, shaking his head.

She rolled her eyes, and turned slamming the door to the room behind her. Tessa emerged a few minutes later, calmed down and ready to party which she did, maybe a little too much.
End Notes:
*&*Traci*&*

Comments? Questions? E-mail me at Spacey1141@hotmail.com
Chapter 14 by Sassy Spacey
Chapter 14

Tessa opened her eyes, and groaned closing them quickly. The sun that was bursting in through the curtains was making her head ache more then it already was. She tried to keep her eyes closed and fall back asleep but it was no use. She had a hang over, and there was no way to shake it off. Finally she pulled herself into a sitting position on the bed, and sat there with her eyes closed for a little bit.

Luckily her next concert wasn’t until later that night, and since she had gone through everything the day before there was no need to do it again. She reached across the bed, and grabbed the hotel robe and stuck it on, and put her hair up before she walked out of the master bedroom.

She heard the sounds of room service cleaning up around the suite, and didn’t see anyone else except Justin sitting at the coffee table with that damned orange juice reading the paper. She groaned and walked over to sit down next to him where her breakfast sat on a tray. Justin saw her emerge from the room and shook his head. He had watched her last night drink one glass of champagne after another, and knew she would wake up this way.

She sat down with a huff next to him, and looked down at the tray that was covered and lifted it up, the smell of the breakfast food made her nauseous and she quickly put the lid back on. She heard Justin laugh under his breath, and she looked at him.

“Oh shut up” she said leaning back against the couch

“What?” Justin asked “I didn’t say anything”

“Yea yea” Tessa said, she leaned over grabbing Justin’s cup of orange juice from the table and took a sip.

“You’ll need to rest up for your concert tonight, so you don’t perform drunk” he replied, turning the page of the paper

“Haha very funny” she said, putting the glass back onto the table “I’m aloud to party every once in awhile aren’t I?”

“Sure, but you don’t have to drink every glass that was offered to you” he said

“At least I was offered something” Tessa said

Justin rolled his eyes “Yea sure, from David oOo big catch” he replied

“He was better then you” Tessa said, before standing up and walking back into her bedroom slamming the door once again.

Justin laughed as he watched her walk away, she couldn’t be serious right?

~*~

A little after Tessa stormed into the master bedroom, Justin went down the stairs to use the pay phone to call Johnny. He nodded to the security guards before stepping into the elevator and making his way to the lobby. Once down in the lobby he scanned the area as he walked to the pay phones using the one in the corner. He quickly dialed in his phone card number, then the number to Johnny’s office and waited as it rang.

“WBG this is Johnny” replied the man

“Hey Johnny, its Justin”

“Hey! How are things?”

“Fine”

“Did you guys get to Miami okay?”

“Yea, she had her first concert last night, and her next one is tonight then we fly out tomorrow night”

“Everything went smoothly?”

“So far”

“Uh oh that doesn’t sound too good”

“I know why I never worked with these teenies before”

Johnny laughed “Oh come on, it’s good money isn’t it?”

“Yea I guess” Justin said

“So what’s up?”

“Anything new on the case?”

“Hold on, Stan just came into the office”

Before Justin could say anything, the phone was put on hold and Justin heard the soft jazz music playing. He sighed and leaned against the wall continuing his glances around the lobby. Finally after looking at his watch for the fiftieth time, the music stopped.

“Justin, you still there?”

“Yea, what’s going on?”

“We got some new stuff” He replied quickly

“What is it?”

“The glue, it’s a specific kind you can only get in a couple stores in the state” Johnny started “We’re getting closer Justin…just hang on for a little longer”

Justin sighed, that was good news.

“Alright, call me when anything else comes in”

”I will” he replied “take care of yourself” he added

“I will, bye Johnny”

“Bye”

Justin hung up the payphone and sighed leaning his head against the wall. Finally he made his way back to the elevator and up to the hotel room.

~*~

After Justin left, Tessa quickly called up Brandon and Joey and convinced them to take her shopping telling them both Justin said it was alright, when indeed he did not say such a thing and would never.

But it worked, as she quickly exited out the back way with Brandon and Joey as they made their way around Miami for a little shopping. After about an hour or so, they had headed back where Justin was not a happy camper.

Justin walked back down the hall way towards the suite where the two body guards were standing talking to each other. Justin nodded to them both, as he took out his key and opened the room that was to remain locked at all times. He walked into the room, and stopped it was completely silent; no TV, no music, nothing.

“Tessa!” he said before closing the door, and walked quickly towards the balcony to see if she was out there.

Nothing.

“Shyt!” he said loudly,

And as if it was fate, the door to the suite opened and Tessa came into view with Joey and Brandon following behind her carrying bags. He stood there with his hands on his hips watching them, as they walked in laughing.

Joey and Brandon saw the expression on his face and stopped laughing with Tessa. Tessa noticed they weren’t laughing anymore and she turned and saw Justin.

“What?” she asked innocently

“Where were you guys?” he asked,

“Shopping” Tessa said simply putting her bags down

“You didn’t know?’ Joey asked looking at Justin

Justin looked at him like he was crazy “What?” he asked “NO I didn’t know, do you think I would be standing here like this if I knew?”

Joey and Brandon both looked at Tessa, as she smiled sweetly at them.

“I’m aloud to have fun aren’t I?” she asked

“Tessa” Brandon shook his head “Don’t ever do that again, do you hear me?”

Joey looked at Justin, “She told us you knew” he explained “we wouldn’t have never done it other wise”

Justin groaned, his hands moving into fists, as he looked at them. He shook his head and walked towards the door.

“Where you going??” Joey asked

“To do checks!” Justin screamed as he slammed the door, making the picture frames rattle.

Joey and Brandon looked at Tessa who pouted “I just wanted it to be like old times” she said innocently

“That was a dirty trick Tessa” Brandon replied

“I’m sorry” she said, tears starting down her cheeks

Brandon sighed, and wrapped her in a hug “Don’t cry, just don’t do it again” he said

“Okay” Tessa said, immediately smiling “Can you bring the bags into the room?”

“Yea” Brandon said

She walked into the room, with Joey and Brandon following brining her bags into the room. Tonight was going to be a rough night, they already knew it.
End Notes:
*&*Traci*&*

Comments?? Questions?? E-mail me at Spacey1141@hotmail.com
Chapter 15 by Sassy Spacey
Chapter 15

The second concert had gone on without any complications. The crowd reacted the same way to the songs Tessa sang, and she had a wonderful night. There was no party scheduled for that night in her suite, for one Justin wouldn’t allow it and for two Tessa was dead tired anyway.

She was quickly escorted back to her suite where she took a long bath, and relaxed. Justin had been his usual quiet self the whole night and didn’t say more then two words to Tessa the entire night.

He had gone down to ‘get some air’ she heard him tell Joey when Tessa was safely in the room. She didn’t care, she didn’t want him around anyway, or did she? After taking a long bath she got changed into some comfy pajama pants and a sweat shirt and sat down on her bed with her notebook to get some stuff out on paper.

While she was busy writing away the phone that was on her night stand rang, she looked at it. No one had this number, accept for of course management and Justin. She reached over to quickly answer it.

“Hello?”

“Tessa?” came a semi familiar voice

“Justin?”

There was silence as Tessa heard breathing on the other line. Then there was a loud chuckle.

“Noooooooo” said the voice, and another loud laugh “Your little bodyguard can’t keep you safe forever”

With the gasp Tessa hung up the phone, tears were starting to come to her eyes. She quickly jumped off the bed and into the living room where Joey was sitting watching TV on the couch.

“Joey!” she cried, and ran towards him jumping onto the couch next to him.

Joey looked at her; he noticed the tears in her eyes “What’s wrong?”

“Someone just called the hotel phone” Tessa said grabbing his arm, the tears now falling down her cheeks.

“Someone who?” he asked

“I don’t know!” she said, crying now.

Joey held her close “Alright, calm down” he said, as he rubbed her back.

“I thought it was Justin” she started “and the voice started laughing, and said ‘Your little bodyguard can’t keep you safe forever’ and then I hung up”

She cried into his chest for a little, before relaxing and laying her head on his shoulder and sniffled.

“Tell Justin to come back” she whimpered looking at him, and pouted.

“He’ll come back” he reassured her, hoping he was right.

“Call him” Tessa said

“You need to relax first, go sit out in the balcony for a minute, and collect your thoughts ok?” he asked

She nodded, and got up with Joey and hugged him tightly. He laughed and hugged her back. She went to get her notebook and a blanket before heading into the balcony to sit there and clear her head once again. She watched Joey grab his phone, and walk out into the hallway outside the door.

~*~

Justin had gone down to the gym that was in the hotel and was doing some punching techniques against the bag. He had a sweat band around his head, and wrists as be beat down at the bag trying to get his frustration out on it. He didn’t know if he could continue to protect Tessa, he was too involved.

After finishing up on the bag for a half hour he stopped and went to the running machine to run some laps. As he was jogging on the machine he felt his cell phone vibrate against his hip and he stepped off the machine. He took some deep breaths as he looked at the ID on his phone and saw ‘Joey’ flashing. He quickly answered.

“Yea?” kind of out of breath

“Woah, you busy pal?”

“No…just working out, what’s up?”

“Something happened”

“What??’ Justin asked, as he walked out of the gym into a private hall way.

Joey explained as best as he could what Tessa told him about the phone call. After hearing what Joey said, Justin sighed and laid his head back against the hall.

“Damn it!” he growled frustrated

“What should we do?” Joey asked

“There’s nothing we can do, I can try and call Johnny and ask him to get the number that called the room but, the guy’s smart I bet it was from a pay phone or something” Justin said, trying to think of something

“Should we try anyway?” he asked

“Yea, I’ll be right up” Justin said, “Let me call Johnny first”

“Okay”

They hung up. Justin sighed and rubbed his face in frustration. He quickly grabbed his bag and headed towards the pay phones once again to call Johnny with the news. After that he headed back up the stairs towards the hotel suite. He walked into the room and Joey and Brandon were pacing the living room floor. They both looked up at him as he walked into the room, both feeling a little safer now that he was here.

“Where is she?” he asked

“She’s fine” Brandon said “Did you call Johnny?” Joey obviously filled him in on the plans.

“Yea, he said he’d get back to me as soon as he could” Justin said, dropping his bag by the door.

“This guy is serious” Brandon replied as he looked at Justin

Justin looked at him like he was crazy “I’ve been trying to tell you people that since the beginning” he said “You think I did all this shyt for my health? Hell no!”

They were silent for a minute; no one knew what to say to each other. Justin had gone to grab a cold water bottle from the mini fridge and came back into the living room where Brandon and Joey were now sitting. He looked at them after taking a long drink.

“I don’t know if I can do this” Justin said to them “I’ll be able to get you guys back to LA safely, but after that-“

He was cut off as Joey looked up at him “What?” he asked “You’ve got to be kidding me Justin”

Justin looked at him, then down at his feet “She goes against everything I say” he replied “Someone is seriously after her, and she doesn’t get it”

“She does now!” Brandon said looking at him angrily “You think she’ll be her old self after that phone call?”

Justin looked at Brandon then back at Joey. He couldn’t tell them the real reason for him not wanting to work for Tessa anymore. They would kill him.

“Don’t do it Justin” Joey said,

“I need some air” he said and started to walk to the balcony windows

Brandon was about to tell him Tessa was out there, when Joey grabbed his hand and shook his head. Brandon sighed and sat back against the couch, crossing his arms over his chest as he watched Justin walk out and close the door.

~*~

Justin walked out into the cool night air, and headed towards the balcony wall. He leaned against it, resting his elbows on the flat surface. He sighed deeply as he put his face into his hands, and rubbed his eyes. He took a deep breath, breathing in the salty air from the ocean.

“I’m sorry”

Justin almost jumped out of his skin, and he turned quickly standing up straight and saw Tessa sitting in one of the comfortable chairs wrapped in a blanket.

“Geezish Tessa” Justin said before leaning back against the balcony.

Tessa watched him, as he rubbed at his eyes.

“I’ll do whatever you tell me to from now on” Tessa said, watching him

“That may not be enough” he said

“How come?” she asked, “Please Justin, I’m scared”

Justin didn’t say anything, as he continued to look out over the ocean.

“He knew where I was, he had the room number” she replied “He could be watching me right now”

“I can’t keep working like this” Justin said to her “Whatever we had…it can’t go on anymore”

“It hasn’t been going on” she replied

“It can’t cause anymore tension, I can’t protect you and worry about that happening to us again” he replied

Tessa didn’t say anything, as she tightened the blanket around her and looked out at the ocean.

“You don’t understand” she said “You don’t treat me the way everyone else does”

“How do they treat you?” he asked

“They let me have what I want, and you were the first person to tell me no when I wanted something” she said

Justin turned and looked at her, as she wiped her tears with the blanket.

“You’re not afraid to tell me the truth” she replied “And that’s what drew me to you”

“Tessa, I work for you” Justin said, walking towards her and he bent down in front of the chair looking into her face. “Nothing can happen between us because of that fact, and if you want me to keep you safe I need to continue working for you”

Tessa sniffled as she looked back at Justin, wishing she could kiss him once again; but she knew what her decision was.

“Just catch this guy” Tessa said and looked out into the ocean again.

Justin nodded and stood up “We need to set some new rules after we leave here tomorrow”

She looked back up at him “Like what?” she asked

“I’ve got a plan, but you have to trust me” he said “I mean really trust me”

“Okay” she said

“We’re gonna lay low until the Grammy’s” Justin said “And that means, just me and you. No Joey, no Brandon, no Maria, no parties or concerts and no house in Hollywood Hills”

Tessa looked up at him, unsure of what to expect. But she knew he would keep her safe no matter what.

“Okay, I trust you” she said
End Notes:
*&*Traci*&*

Comments?? Questions?? E-mail me at Spacey1141@hotmail.com
Chapter 16 by Sassy Spacey
Author's Notes:
Wow. I missed a chapter, and no one told me LoL.
Chapter 16

The next day, Tessa was headed home with her security team close to her. As Justin had said, they headed home to only drop off dirty clothes and pack new ones to last a week before the Grammy’s were scheduled. Joey, Brandon, and Maria were given some time off to do as they wished before they were needed again.

Justin then packed up his Escalade with his stuff along with Tessa’s and they headed off to a secluded area. They headed up the mountains towards Big Bear Lake, where Justin’s father liked in a cabin right by the lake.

Tessa looked out the window, as she sat snuggled in the passenger seat, with her pillow and a blanket. Justin had put on some jazz music to calm her down a little as he drove. He could tell she was getting anxious about being with just two other men, but he knew she would be fine.

Some hours later, they pulled onto the long dirt driveway and headed towards a middle-sized, two story wooden cabin. Tessa lifted her head off the pillow as the house came into view and she looked around.

“Wow” she said, “this place is huge”

Justin smiled, as he stopped his car and parked. He then noticed his dad coming out of the front door to stand on the deck and he smiled getting out. Tessa watched him, and smiled as she noticed how happy he had been to see his father.

He slowly got herself out of the car, as Justin walked quickly towards his dad. Paul walked down the stairs from the deck onto the snow covered ground and headed towards Justin as he walked towards him. When they met Justin hugged him tightly.

“Hey pop” he replied,

Paul smiled “Hey” he said, hugging him close “How are you?”

“Fine” Justin said, “How about you, keeping healthy?”

“Of course” Paul said, as he patted his back

Justin laughed as they broke the hug. Paul had been watching Tessa get out of the car, as she crossed her arms and looked around the place.

“She okay?” Paul asked him

Justin looked at Tessa, and then back at his dad “Yea,” he replied “She just needs a little bit more security”

Paul nodded.

“Tessa…” Justin said, and waved his arm at her signaling her to come towards him

She smiled, as she walked over. He snow boots sinking into the snow as she walked as quickly as she could. She reached Justin’s side.

“Tessa, this is my dad Paul” Justin said,

Tessa smiled “Nice to meet you” she replied

“You too” he said

They shook hands. Then Paul turned to them.

“I’ve got some fresh cookies and coffee inside” he said “Why don’t we go inside while Justin gets the bags out”

Justin laughed “Thanks Pop” he replied, rolling his eyes.

Paul laughed, as he put his arm around Tessa and brought her towards the house. Justin made his way towards the car to unload everything and bring it into the house.

~*~

Paul brought Tessa into the house, and showed her around the bottom floor before escorting her into the kitchen where there was a plate of cookies sitting on the island along with mugs.

They had made small conversation through out the tour, and finally Tessa sat down and looked out the window at Justin who was bringing the bags up to the deck. Paul had washed his hands in the sink and was drying them on a towel when he noticed Tessa starring at his son.

He smiled and went to sit down next to her on the stool.

“So you in the music business?” he asked

Tessa quickly snapped out of her daze and turned to Paul who was watching her.

She blushed, “Yes, and in the movies as well” she said “I started out in the movies, then got a record deal”

“Wow” he said “That’s impressive”

She smiled, and reached over to take a cookie off the plate. She bite into it, and closed her eyes moaning.

“Wow, these are excellent” she replied looking at him

He smiled, and took a mug and poured coffee into it.

“Thank you, my wife taught me well” he said as he took a sip of his coffee

“Oh, I didn’t realize she was here” Tessa said looking around “Is she here?”

Paul shook his head “No, she died a year ago” he said, and looked out the window again at Justin “that was the night the Mayor was killed”

Tessa looked at Paul; she didn’t know that was Justin’s last job before he came to work for her. He had never mentioned it, but then again she didn’t ask.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t know” she said looking at him

He smiled at her “Not your fault darling” he said, “You eat those up though, I can always make more”

She smiled at him, as she took another bite of her cookie. Then the front door opened, and they could hear the sound of Justin’s footsteps walking through the house. He walked into the kitchen, shrugging his jacket off.

“OoO cookies” he said, as he walked towards the island.

“Ah! Hang your jacket up young man” Paul said,

Justin rolled his eyes, as he took his jacket off and hung it up on a chair to dry off. He then took a mug and poured some coffee into it before snagging a cookie from the plate.

“Place looks good dad” Justin said, as he took a bite of his cookie.

Paul laughed “Well I’m glad I have your approval son” he said

Justin smiled, and popped the rest of the cookie into his mouth. Tessa watched him with amazement. Usually he was so calm and quiet, but around his dad he was so happy and open.

“Where’s Sandy?” Justin asked

“She’s around” Paul replied,

Tessa looked at the two men, her eye brows scrunching in confusion. Justin looked at her, and laughed.

“Sandy’s my dad’s Collie” he replied

“Oh” Tessa said, her cheeks turning red.

As if on cue, the sound of Sandy’s tags he could heard as she came trotting over towards them. Justin smiled and bent down.

“There’s Sandy girl” he said, as she rushed to him ready for some attention.

Justin put his mug down as he played around with Sandy for a little bit. Tessa watching him with a smile, as Paul watched her with a smile.
End Notes:
*&*Traci*&*

Comments> Questions? E-mail me at Spacey1141@hotmail.com
Chapter 17 by Sassy Spacey
Chapter 17

A few hours had passed in the country town, and Justin took Tessa out for a walk around the property while Paul started dinner. Justin walked with Sandy rushing ahead of them, and Tessa close by his side.

She had on a warm jacket, and had her hands stuffed in her pockets to keep warm, as Justin walked beside her in his jacket and beanie. Tessa watched him, as he tossed a stick at Sandy who would retrieve it then bring it back for him.

“How come you never told me about your mom?” Tessa asked suddenly.

Justin stopped walking, and turned to look at Tessa. She looked into his eyes and froze; maybe she shouldn’t have said that.

“You never asked” Justin said simply and started to walk again.

Tessa followed him, trying her best to keep up with his long strides.

“So I’m asking now” she said, her breath turning to smoke as she hurried after him.

Justin looked out across the land, as Sandy came rushing towards him with a stick in her mouth. Justin smiled, and took it once more tossing it.

“My mom was my best friend” Justin said, “It had just been me and her before Paul, and I knew she would always be there for me when I needed her and I vowed to her that I would be there for her when she needed me”

Tessa watched him, she could see the tears on the edge of his eyes, his cheeks were starting to turn red and she didn’t know if it was from the cold or his emotions.

“My last employer was the Mayor” Justin said “My mom had been sick with cancer for a long time, she hid it from me for a while before I finally got her to admit it” He rubbed his hands together trying to keep them warm “And one night I got a call from Paul, telling me she wouldn’t last much longer and I needed to come see her”

Tessa watched him, and felt bad for the way she had treated him this whole time.

“It had been a quiet night when my dad called and the Mayor said I could head out, and reassured me he would be alright, so I did” he sniffled “I was there with my mom when she passed away in the comfort of her home with Paul and I, a few hours after I got there”

Justin had stopped walking, and went over to sit down on a log that wasn’t covered in snow. He sat down with a sigh, and put his head in his hands. He hadn’t ever told anyone this whole story and it felt good to get off his chest. Tessa went and sat down next to him, and rubbed his back gently.

“When I headed back to the Mayors,” he sighed “He had been killed, the whole house was dark and I walked through and everyone was dead”

He looked out over the land once again.

“The only thing I could think about was if I were there, would they still be alive or would I have died too”

With that Tessa heard him whimper, and he started to shake and she knew he was starting to cry. She sighed and snuggled closer to him, resting her head on his shoulder trying to calm him down as she continued to rub his back.

They didn’t know how long they had sat there, but when Justin got a hold of himself he looked up and saw the sun was beginning to go down and he knew they had better head back. He pulled himself together and wiped his face before looking at her.

“C’mon we better head back” he said and stood up.

Tessa watched him, as he whistled to Sandy who came trotting over. He looked down at Tessa again and held out his hand. She smiled and took it standing and they headed back towards the cabin to have warm home cooked meal.

~*~

The night went on like Justin hadn’t just spilled his guts to Tessa. When they got back to the house Justin went right to work helping Paul with the rest of dinner. Tessa went into her room to get a sweat shirt, and did a little looking around the house.

It was just like anyone else’s; there were family photos on the hall way walls, framed drawings that were from Justin when he was little. She smiled as she ran a finger over the glass of one of the drawings. It must have been a drawing of his mother, and himself in crayons and stick figures. She smiled.

She almost screamed when she heard Justin’s voice.

“Hey…you alright?” he asked

She gasped and looked at him, her eyes big “Geezish, you scared me” she sighed.

He smiled “Sorry, I thought you got lost” he replied.

“No” she said, “Jus lookin at some art work”

He looked at the picture she was looking at as he stood beside her. He smiled and looked at her.

“Gosh, I really should tell my dad to take these down” he replied, his cheeks turning red

“No, they’re cute” she giggled

He rolled his eyes “Come on, dinner’s almost ready” he said and grabbed her hand.

Tessa followed Justin, as he walked her down the hallway back to the kitchen. She sat down on one of the stools watching Justin and Paul banter as they made dinner. She couldn’t help but giggle; he was a totally different person when he was with his family. It was kind of scary.

Sandy was dancing around their feet trying to catch anything that fell on the floor. Finally after Justin almost fell over her, he nudged her with his foot.

“Sandy! go” Justin said, and nodded his head towards Tessa “Go play with Tessa”

Sandy looked up at him, panting her tail wagging. She turned and looked at Tessa as she sat there and Tessa smiled and got down on her knees.

“C’mer Sandy” she replied

Sandy then rushed over towards her excitedly. Justin smiled as he watched Tessa play with Sandy. Paul was watching his son, and nudged him. Justin looked at his dad.

“What?” he asked

Paul grinned “You like her don’t you?” he asked

Justin rolled his eyes “Dad” he said annoyed

Paul laughed “What? There’s no shame in it” he replied “She’s a beautiful young lady”

Justin looked at Tessa as she giggled loudly and played with Sandy on the floor.

“She’s my client” he replied, using the same excuse he’d been using “Nothing can happen”

“It shouldn’t happen” Paul replied “Doesn’t mean it won’t” he winked

Justin sighed and went back to his task at hand, keeping in mind what he dad had said.

Oh if he only knew.

~*~

About an hour later, the three of them sat down for dinner which consisted of homemade spaghetti sauce, angel hair pasta, garlic bread, and freshly brewed iced tea. Justin and Paul had a beer, which was a change from Justin’s usual glass of orange juice. Tessa sat and nibbled on her food, as Paul and Justin ate there’s.

Tessa looked over at Justin and almost busted out laughing when she saw how he was wolfing down his food like he hadn’t eaten in days. Paul looked up and noticed Tessa staring at him, and he glanced and Justin and noticed the way he was eating and shook his head.

“You want to chew bud?” Paul said, with a smirk

Justin stopped eating and looked up at the two pairs of eyes watching him. His cheeks turned a shade of pink, as he took his napkin and whipped his mouth with it. He coughed nervously and took a drink of his orange juice

. Tessa went back to her meal, as did Paul who was watching the two closely. There was a connection there, and he didn’t know how Justin couldn’t see it. Maybe he had to push it along. They continued their meal with little chatter about the day’s events, and Justin and Paul continued to catch up on what was going on in the small town and around the house.

Dinner was done an hour later, and Tessa got up to help with the dishes but Paul insisted he would do them, alone, with no help, not even from Justin. So Tessa and Justin went into the living room to get warm by the fire place and watch a little TV.

Tessa stole a glance out of the corner of her eye every chance that she got, but Justin either wasn‘t paying attention or he was just totally oblivious. He was so handsome, and mysterious, it made her crazy.

Flashbacks of the first time they were together ran through her mind, as she leaned back on the couch and closed her eyes. Images of Justin’s fit body moving above her as he worked them into ecstasy in the small patrol room on her property.

She didn’t realize she was making any noises until she felt Justin tap her shoulder, and her eyes popped open quickly.

“You okay?” he asked, his eyes filled with concern

It took Tessa a minute to realize where she was, and she blinked a few times before looking at him. She could feel the heat on her cheeks and knew she was blushing. She sunk lower in the couch, and crossed her arms over her chest hoping to magically disappear.

Tessa didn’t say anything; she just bit her lip and looked at the TV. Justin laughed at himself, and started to change the channel on the TV. Tessa was grateful that he didn’t push the issue anymore.

Justin was changing the channel when MTV came on, it was MTV News and the guy was talking about the past weekend in Miami with concert Tessa just threw. Her eyes lifted to the screen when she heard her name.

‘Tessa Johnson is apparently staying out of sight until the Grammy’s in a week. Rumor has it that she got a threatening phone call in her hotel room during her last night in Miami. She was whisked away from making any comments on the way out of the hotel, the next morning. Her agent was unavailable for comment’

Tessa groaned and covered her eyes with her hands, and Justin glanced at her.

“You’ll be fine” he replied “It’s a minor tidbit, I’ll call up Brandon and he’ll get it cleared up”

Tessa looked at him, tears were starting to well in her eyes “You think he’ll be at the Grammy’s?” she asked

Justin looked back at her “Who? Your stalker?”

Tessa nodded nervously, the tears fell from her eyes as he brought her thumb to her mouth and started to bit on the nail like she usually did when she was scared or nervous. Justin put the remote down and scooted himself closer to her, opening his arms and she fell into them hugging him tightly.

He knew she just needed someone to hold her. She really was still a little girl; she was just thrown out into the world sooner then most. Justin hugged her close, rubbing her back as they sat there on the couch.

“I’m going to be there ok?” he asked, “So will Joey and Brandon”

Tessa sniffled, and laid her head on his shoulder. Justin sat there with her for a minute, trying to calm her down. Tessa finally got herself together, and she sat up and rubbed the tears from her eyes and sniffled.

“Sorry” she said,

Justin looked at her, and moved the hair from her face. Tessa looked into his icy blue eyes, ready to just fall into them once again.

“I’m going to check that place over and over again before you even make it there, I’ll be there to escort you in, inside the arena, and back out again ok?” he asked, trying to say anything to make her feel better.

She nodded and sighed “Thank you” she said

Justin semi smiled, and held her hand tightly.

“C’mon, I think you need to sleep” he said, standing up pulling her to her feet.

Tessa got up, following Justin as he made his way up the stairs with Tessa behind him. Paul was watching them from the doorway, he had kept himself hidden, but he watched them all the same.

They had something, and he couldn’t understand why they couldn’t see it. He knew that Justin had been hurt before, and that things happened in his past that was preventing him from making any kind of move towards Tessa, but he also noticed how comfortable they were with each other. How trusting she was towards him, she could trust him with her life.

He shook his head, and walked into the living room after they left and shut off the TV and lights, then headed down the hall way where his bedroom was. Justin walked with Tessa down the long hall way of the up stairs, to the last door to the right. He opened it first, turning on the light and walked inside checking the closet, connecting bathroom, and windows.

Tessa stood outside, watching him through the doorway. She knew it was his job to protect her, but sometimes it felt like he went above and beyond for her. She knew that they had a connection; she had never felt anything like that before. When she was with him, she just felt totally safe. Justin ushered her into the room, and was about to walk out when she grabbed his arm.

“Justin…” she said

He turned and looked at her,

She gulped “Can you um, wait until I fall asleep?” she asked

Justin sighed and nodded, “Go change into some PJs” he said

Tessa semi smiled and went towards her dresser and grabbed some sweats and a big shirt and walked into the bathroom. She changed quickly while Justin pulled down her covers in her bed. A minute later, she came out of the bathroom with her hair up, and PJs on. She climbed into bed, snuggling into the covers and Justin leaned over and pulled the covers over her tightly.

“We’ll do something fun tomorrow ok?” Justin said as he pulled up a chair next to the bed.

Tessa nodded, pulling the covers up to her chin watching him, her eyes getting droopy.

“Like what?” she asked, yawning

He watched her, “I don’t know, we’ll go into town and explore” he said

“Is that ok?” she asked,

He nodded “People up here are different” he explained “No one will notice”

She nodded, and snuggled her face under the covers, her eyes closing finally. Justin sat back in his chair watching her, he saw how her face totally relaxed, and she sighed contently.

He waited a few minutes before he got up and walked down the hall way checking all the rooms out before he went into his room that was right by the stairs. He was actually tired; usually he couldn’t sleep to save his life. But tonight, he would be able to get some sleep. He stripped down to his boxer briefs and got into the covers, setting his alarm for the morning.
End Notes:
*&*Traci*&*

Comments?? Questions?? E-mail me at Spacey1141@hotmail.com
Chapter 18 by Sassy Spacey
Author's Notes:
I edited this chapter & added to it.
Chapter 18

Justin wasn’t worried about sleeping in, because Paul was an early riser, always had been. He would be up at 5 am on the dot and just put around the house, getting more wood for the fire, make some coffee and go outside, sit on the deck and watch the sun come up with Sandy.

Tessa woke up at about 8:00, stretching out in the big bed, and yawned. She hadn’t slept that good in a long time. She slowly began to open her eyes, waking herself up. She saw the sun shinning in through the window and she closed her eyes, sighing with a smile.
She was safe through the night, just like Justin said she would be.

She got herself out of bed, and wrapped a blanket around herself and opened her bedroom door. She poked her head out and didn’t see anyone, so she headed out going towards the stair way and walked down. She smelt the fresh scent of coffee and knew someone was awake, she walked into the kitchen and poured herself a cup of coffee and sipped it looking around the house.

She then noticed Paul sitting out on the porch with Sandy and she smiled, and headed out towards him. She felt comfortable with him too, even though she only met him the day before. He was like another family member to her.

She opened the door slowly, and saw as Paul turned towards the noise and Sandy sat up, her ears perking.

“Morning honey” he replied with a smile

Tessa smiled back at him, “Morning” she replied

“Come sit with me” he said, scooting the chair next to his own and patted it.

Tessa walked over holding the blanket around her tightly, it wasn’t snowing, and the sun was out but there was still snow on the ground from the night before. She sat down, holding her cup of coffee so it wouldn’t spill.

“Did you have a good night sleep?” he asked

She nodded, sipping her coffee “Really good, I haven’t been able to sleep like that in awhile” she replied

He nodded “Good, I’m glad” he said, and then patted Sandy’s head as she sat with her head on his lap.

“Did you and Justin have any plans for today?” he asked

Tessa looked out into the horizon for a minute, then shook her head.

“He was saying something about going into town” she replied

He nodded “Anything specific you’re looking for?” he asked

Tessa shook her head “Jus to explore I guess” she said

“Well, Justin knows his way around, you guys will be fine” he replied “It’s not the same up here, it’s almost like a different world”

Tessa smiled “You like it up here?” she asked

“I do” he replied “I like how everyone knows each other, but also that we keep our space, our houses aren’t right on top of each other”

“Yeah, I’ve always wanted to grow up in a small town” she replied, and took a sip of her steamy coffee.

“Where did you grow up?” He asked,

Tessa looked at him “In the San Fernando Valley” she said, “I lived near all my family and friends, my parents are still there”

He nodded “Siblings?” he asked

“2 sisters, they’re older” she replied

“No brothers?” He asked

She shook her head “No, but I had plenty of guy cousins to watch over me” she laughed.

They spent some of the morning talking outside about everything, her family, her growing up, and also Paul and his life, along with of course Justin. She did want to know more about him, but he was always so secretive about his life and never shared too much with the exception of the story he told her about his mom.

They spent a good 45 minutes out there, when Justin finally stumbled through the back door, his eyes still half closed, coming into view in pair of gray sweats and a big gray hooded sweat shirt. His eyes looked like they were full of sleep, as he rubbed at them.

“What’s going on?” he questioned

Tessa and Paul turned to him, both laughing at his expression.

“We’re jus talking about you” Paul said,

Justin frowned, and looked at them.

“What’s for breakfast?” he questioned

Paul laughed “Make it yourself” he replied

“Aww Pop” he replied

Paul laughed and stood up, stretching his arms to the sky.

“Alright, what do you want?” he questioned

Justin took thought about it, then smiled “Waffles” he said

Paul nodded then turned to Tessa “Would you like some waffles Tessa?” he asked

Tessa smiled with a nod “Yes please, thank you” she said

He nodded, and walked into the house. Justin went to sit in the chair that Paul had occupied, and yawned.

“So really what were you talking about?” He asked

Tessa laughed “Seriously, it was you” she answered

Justin groaned, “Why?” he whined,

Tessa giggled, never had she seen him act like this. Sandy who had gone off to explore the wilderness came trotting back and huddled closed to Justin, as he rubbed her back and belly.

“How long have you been up?” He asked

“8:00” she said, yawning

“Still tired?” He asked

She shook her head no, “Couldn’t fall back asleep if I tried” she said

He laughed “Yeah, the sunshine takes a little while to get used too” he said, “Did you sleep good though?”

She nodded “Didn’t wake up once” she said

“Good” he said, “You’ll be well rested and energized by the time we head back”

Tessa smiled, and looked out at the horizon. A few minutes later Paul called them into the house and they went inside to eat their warm breakfast. After talking and laughing through breakfast (mostly about Justin), Tessa was told to go get dressed for the day in something warm.

She came back down the stairs a half hour later, and Justin and Paul were down there talking in the living room. Tessa was in some tight blue jeans, and a comfy baby blue fluffy sweater shirt and her light brown Ugg boots. She stuck on a black scarf and her black knitted gloves for extra measure. Justin was dressed in dark blue jeans, and a black sweater shirt, he had on some white sneakers.

“You ready?” he asked

Tessa nodded, and made her way towards them.

“You kids be safe now” Paul said, patting Justin on the back.

“Wait, you’re not goin with us?” Tessa asked looking at Paul.

He shook his head, “I got some things to finish up, don’t worry you’ll be fine” he said with a wink.

Tessa smiled, and made her way outside the house with Justin following her. He unlocked his Escalade and she got into it, as he got into the driver side and started it up. Justin turned on the heater full blast, and started to back out of the drive way. Tessa looked out the window at the scenery as they drove down the steep hill slowly.

After a minute of silence, she turned to him.

“So where are we going?” she asked,

He glanced her way, then back at the road and licked his lips.

“You’ll find out” he replied,

Tessa bit her lip, and look back out the window. They drove in silence for about 20 minutes before Tessa leaned forward, and started to mess with the radio; the silence was killing her, and making her nervous. She found a slow jams station and sat back against the seat once again, looking out the window at the scenery.

She watched the different style houses that passed by, and noticed how quiet and peaceful the community was. Maybe she should buy a house up here for vacation time. She smiled as she thought about it, and noticed they were turning into a huge indoor ice skating rink. She turned to Justin, as he looked back at her and pulled into a parking spot.

“You like ice skating?” he asked

She smiled, “I’ve never been” she said

He laughed, “Well, let’s go then” he said and shut the car off.

Tessa squealed and opened her door getting out quickly, she waited for Justin to join her side and they made their way into the rink arm in arm. There were a few people there, mostly couples and families.

Tessa leaned against the side of the rink watching them as they ice skated around and around the huge circle, while Justin went to get their skates. She couldn’t remember the last time she was out somewhere and no one had come up to her asking for an autograph or a picture, it felt nice to be “normal”.

She was lost in her thoughts when Justin came behind her and tapped her shoulder. She turned quickly, to see Justin holding a pair of skates for her. She smiled and took them, and they headed to one of the many benches to put them on. She put them on as best she could, but they still felt a little loose so Justin tightened them for her. He got them as tight as he could and stood up holding his hand out to her.

“You ready?” he asked

Tessa looked up at him, biting her bottom lip nervously. She really didn’t want to fall. He semi smiled and gripped her hand pulling her to her feet. She gripped his hands tightly, as she stood up on the wobbly skates. Justin laughed, as he held her hand tightly with one hand and wrapped the other around her waist.

They made their way onto the ice rink, Justin stepping onto the ice first, getting his feel for it once again”he hadn’t done it in a long time. Tessa was gripping the wall that surrounded the rink, and watched as Justin skated in circles, getting his footing and then held out his hand to her.

“C’mon” he said,

Tessa whimpered, and slowly made her way onto the rink. Justin stood back watching her as she slowly slide herself towards him. Justin smirked as she reached him and grabbed his hand.

“This isn’t fair” she said, “You’ve done this before”

He laughed, “Once you get into it, it’ll be fine” he said, “Now come on, one foot in front of the other”

He started skating across the ice, and Tessa gripped his hand tightly as he practically dragged her across the ice. She wasn’t moving her feet as all; he was just dragging her across the ice.

“People are looking at me funny” she whispered

Justin looked down at her skates and laughed “Because you’re not skating, I’m dragging you” he said, “Now come on, move your feet”

Tessa took a deep breath, and let his hand go before skating out in front of him. Justin stayed close behind her, as she skated a ways in front of her. Tessa couldn’t believe she was doing it, she was skating, not just skating either, she was ice skating. She turned her neck, and saw Justin skating behind her and laughed.

“I’m doing it!” she squealed

He laughed and nodded, “See, I told you” he said

She smiled, and picked up speed skating around the rink. Justin picked up speed as well, going at a faster pace to keep up with her. Tessa skated in circles for awhile going around the rink, she felt like an old pro at this.

Justin watched her as she skated, he couldn’t get her out of his mind. Even though he knew that he couldn’t do anything about his feelings, he couldn’t help what he was feeling. His thoughts were interrupted when he felt someone grab onto his shoulders, and heard Tessa’s giggled.

“Thank you so much for this” she said, and stood beside him taking his hand.

Justin smiled “You’re welcome” he said, “Not so bad huh?”

“No, its fun actually” she said “I’m going to have to find one down by my house”

He nodded, “But-“ he started

“I know," she said “Not without someone with me” she rolled her eyes.

He shook his head, “I’m only trying to look out for you” he said

“I know, I know” she sighed, “I just wish I could be normal sometimes”

They were quiet for a minute before Justin spoke up again.

“Hey, wanna learn how to do a spin?” he asked,

Tessa looked at him, “Spin?” she questioned, “You think I’m ready?”

He nodded, “Yeah, come on” he brought her over towards one of the corners of the rink, where there wasn’t many people.

He had her in front of him, “Okay, watch my feet” he said

She nodded, and looked down at his feet, as he pushed his skates a little, then turned them so that he spun in a circle 2 times before stopping. Tessa watched him, biting her lip nervously.

“Okay, ready?” he asked holding his hand out.

Tessa shook her head, “Give me a minute” she said

He laughed, “C’mon” he said, “It’s easy”

Tessa took a deep breath, and skated away before moving her feet and trying to turn, but she went too fast and kept turning but her skate slipped from under her, and she started to fall forward. Justin’s eyes got big and he rushed towards her, catching her in his arms before she fell. She screamed loudly, as Justin grabbed her waist, keeping her from falling on the ice flat on her face.

A few people turned to watch, as Tessa gripped Justin tightly, hugging him to keep her in place. He smirked as he held her close, moving them into an upright position.

“You’re okay” he said, rubbing her back.

Tessa sighed; closing her eyes, taking a deep breath and smelling Justin’s cologne in the process making her almost melt in his arms. After a minute, she pulled herself away from him, baking up slowly.

“You jerk!” she said smacking his shoulder.

He semi smiled, “What?” he questioned

“Making me do turns like that” she said, and started to skate away.

Justin laughed, “Hey come back here” he replied and started going after her.

Tessa giggled, as she skated as fast as she could. Justin followed behind her, catching up to her holding onto her waist from behind. Tessa squealed and laughed as Justin gripped her sides, skating behind her steering her across the floor.

They spent an hour or so skating around the rink, talking and laughing. Tessa was having such a wonderful time, and she didn’t want the day to end. They skated awhile then Tessa was getting tired and was complaining about her feet, so she went to sit down with some hot cocoa while Justin continued to skate on the rink.

Tessa watched him with a smile, as he skated expertly around the rink, doing random tricks and what not, as she sipped her cocoa. There was just something about him, and when she watched him she couldn’t take her eyes off him. She really wanted to be with him, but she also knew that for her safety that she couldn’t be.

She giggled as she watched him skate with a little girl, who he was twirling in circles around the rink. He was just too adorable and she couldn’t take her eyes off him, she wanted to be so much more with him, but she knew he would never go for it. Maybe she could get him to see that they felt the same about each other, to get him to admit his feelings and not deny her anymore.

She finished her cocoa a few minutes later and threw the cup away and made her way back out onto the ice. Justin was talking to the little girl still when Tessa made her way towards him, skating slowly. Justin noticed her coming, and stood up straight as she arrived.

“Ready for more?” he questioned with a wink.

Tessa smiled, “Yeah, now that I’m all warm and toasty” she replied

Justin turned to the little girl, “Oh Kayla, this is my good friend Tessa” he said,

Tessa looked at the small girl with a smile, “Hello Kayla” she said,

Kayla looked up at Justin, and he nodded so she looked at Tessa with a grin, “Hi” she said simply.

Justin smiled, “Kayla is the daughter of a friend of mine I went to high school with” he said, explaining his relation to the girl.

“Oh, well it’s nice to meet you Kayla” she said,

Kayla smiled at her, and then she heard her name being called and noticed her mother calling her over. She turned back to Justin,

“Time for me to go” she said, and hugging him tightly

Justin rubbed her back, hugging her “Alright, I’ll see you later ok?” he said, “tell your dad, I’ll call him”

She nodded, and then turned to Tessa “Bye Tessa” she said with a smile

Tessa smiled back “Bye Kayla, it was nice to meet you” she said

Kayla skated off, and Justin turned back to Tessa.

“Back for more huh?” he questioned with a wink

Tessa rolled her eyes and laughed “It’s actually pretty fun” she said, and started to skate away.

Justin followed her, grabbing her hand as he reached her and they skated around the rink a few more times, holding hands and talking.

Eventually Tessa was getting hungry so they decided to go get something to eat. They sat at a little table in the back of the snack bar area and had a slice of pizza each and a coke.

They spent about 45 minutes eating lunch when Justin decided it was about time to go, the cold was getting to him and he could tell Tessa was getting a little bored of the rink. So they turned in their skates and headed down the long hall way towards the exit.

Tessa decided that this was it, it was now or never. She was going to kiss him; she was going to go against everything that she promised Justin she wouldn’t do. She had been thinking about it all day, every time she looked at him the image popped into her mind of the first time they kissed, while he was tucking her into the bed. The softness yet firmness of his lips, and the way they worked hers into a frenzy that tingled when they broke the kiss.

So as they walked down the long hall way side by side, Tessa took a deep breath and reached out and grabbed Justin’s hand, stopping herself from walking. Justin’s body turned towards Tessa as he noticed she stopped walking, and he turned to face her, his face full of confusion.

“Tessa what-“ he was cut off as her lips met his in a steamy kiss.

Tessa reached for his shirt collar, bringing him close to her as she leaned herself against the wall of the hallway. Justin, hesitant at first, gave into his need and kissed her back leaning against her, his fingers moving to her hair.

Tessa moved her hands from his collar to around his neck, holding onto his shoulders trying to get as close to him as possible. The kiss lasted a minute before Justin broke it, they both panted as they looked at each other.

Justin looked into her eyes, and couldn’t help himself but lean down and bring his lips to hers again, moving his hands from her hair, to her face. Their lips met like they fit perfectly together, and Tessa groaned as she felt Justin’s tongue caresses her bottom lip, begging for entrance.

Tessa gasped for air, and in the process allowing Justin’s tongue to enter her mouth. Justin moved himself closer to Tessa, pushing her back firmly against the wall, as he leaned his body against her, their legs crossing as Justin’s leg rested in between hers.

Tessa rubbed her hands against the side of his face, feeling his stubble growing in from the day, and caressed his cheeks with her thumbs. His tongue felt so soft against hers, as they caressed each other sharing the passionate kiss.

Tessa broke the kiss when she heard someone walking down the hallway, and she pulled her lips away from Justin’s panting looking down at the floor as they rested their foreheads together. Tessa watched out of the corner of her eye as the couple walked past them and headed out of the rink. Then she looked back at Justin who was watching her intently.

“What did I say?” he questioned sounding angry.

Tessa looked down at her feet, and then at him again “Justin I’m sorry but-“

She never got to finish her thought, because Justin had leaned forward and kissed her once again. Tessa was a bit taken back, but the feel of Justin’s lips against hers once again had her tossing her caution to the wind and she ground her lips against his.

His lips felt so good against hers she didn’t want to break the kiss, but she couldn’t breathe. She put her hands to his chest, pushing him a little to break the kiss. Justin looked at her, as she leaned her head against the wall trying to catch her breath and closed her eyes. A smile crept on her lips as she opened her eyes and looked at him. Justin watched her, and a smile crept on his lips as well and looked at her.

“Is there somewhere we can go?” Tessa asked, watching him carefully.

Justin grabbed onto her hand, and pulled her from the wall as walked down the hallway towards the exit. Tessa following, giggling as Justin practically dragged her back to his car. Justin unlocked his car, and got into the driver side turning the car on.

Tessa got in quickly buckling her seat belt; she had never seen him this way. She was thrilled his feelings for her hadn’t changed; he had just kept them to himself. She watched him as he concentrated on the road, and drove them to their destination. Tessa noticed that they were taking the same road back to his house, and she glanced at him.

“What about your dad?” she asked nervously.

Justin smirked “He had some errands to run” he replied, “Plus we’re going somewhere he never goes”

Tessa looked at him curiously, and remand quiet for the rest of the drive back to the house. They reached the house some minutes later, and Justin shut the car off quickly, and Tessa got out and rushed behind him as he hurried to the house.

They got inside and Tessa took off her shoes, scarf, and gloves hanging them up, and Justin took his shoes off putting them by the door.

“We have a basement” Justin said walking through the house “It’s got a pool table, a couch, and some boxes”

“And your dad won’t know we’re down there if he comes home?” Tessa asked

Justin shook his head, “He never goes down there” he pauses then says “and if he’s home when we come back up we can jus say we’re playing pool”

Tessa smiled “Is that what you used to tell him when you were in high school” she winked.

Justin looked back at her, his cheeks turning the slightest shade of pink and it made Tessa giggle and shake her head.

Justin headed towards the end of the down stairs hall way where there was a single door, and he opened it turning on the light switch that was next to him. The hall way lite up, and Tessa noticed there was a long stair way heading down.

Justin held out his hand, and Tessa put her hand in his and he reached beside her and pulled the door closed behind them. Justin then began walking down the small stair way, and Tessa followed him, gripping his hand tightly.

They reached the bottom of the stair way, and Justin felt up the side of the wall and flipped on another switch and the small room came into view. He pulled Tessa in front of him, and she looked around the room.

It wasn’t anything magnificent; there was couch against the wall, a pool table in the middle, a book case filled with old albums, etc.

Justin watched her look around the room and thought about what exactly he was getting into. He had warned her about the both of them getting involved and here he was NOT stopping something that really shouldn’t happen.

He shook his head free of these negative thoughts, and walked further into the room, and wrapped his arms around Tessa, his lips going to the back of her neck. Tessa felt Justin’s arms wrap around her, and she smiled as she felt his lips on her neck.

She had been waiting so long for this day to come again. Tessa turned around to face him, wrapping her arms around his neck as their faces were inches apart. She stared into his intense blue eyes, becoming memorized by them. Justin wrapped his arms around her waist, as he moved in to kiss her lips lightly, moving them back slowly towards the couch.

Justin’s hands moved from her waist, slowly sliding them up her t-shirt, making Tessa moan in delight. She could feel Justin’s hands move from her stomach, to her sides and down her lower back to her butt, to her thighs as he lifted her into his arms.

Tessa squealed as she moved into his arms with ease not once breaking the steamy kiss they were in wrapping he legs around his waist. Justin made his way toward the couch, turning so that he sat down on it with a huff with Tessa still on top of him.

They broke the kiss, and Tessa smiled as she began to nibble on his neck running her hands over his head, his hair was getting longer and longer and it felt good to run her hands through it, dragging her nails softly.

Justin’s eyes closed as he leaned back against the couch with a satisfied sigh as Tessa continued to kiss his neck. She moved towards his Adams apple nibbling on it, she moved her hands from his head down his face, down his rock hard chest and abs and put her hands on his belt, starting to unbuckle it.

Justin’s breath began to quicken as thoughts ran through his mind about what was about to come. His hands went from her waist, to up the back of her shirt as he started to pull it up.

She moaned at the feel of Justin’s warm hands on her back, as they traveled her back then he moved them to her sides, and to stomach, and started to play with the buttons of her jeans.

Tessa’s lips traveled up his neck, towards his lips once again as she looked into his clear blue eyes. Justin watched her too, his expression pure satisfaction as he pulled her into another deep kiss as his hands unbuttoned her pants.

A groan escaped Tessa’s lips when they broke the kiss for two seconds and she moved to stand up in front of him. Justin watched her, as she winked at him as she seductively pulled down her jeans, and then pulled off her sweater leaving herself only in her bra and underwear.

She leaned forward kissing Justin again, not quiet lying on his lap as her hands moved to his jeans getting them unbuckled and began to pull them down. Justin sat up a little as his jeans slid off his legs and onto the floor, leaving him in his black boxer briefs and his shirt.

As Tessa tossed his pants aside, Justin pulled his shirt over his head tossing it as well, and he reached out wrapping his arms around Tessa bringing her back onto his lap. Tessa giggled landing on his lap, her legs wrapping around his waist, as their lips smashed into a steamy kiss.

As they kissed, Justin’s hands moved up and down her back as he began to unhook her bra from the back. Tessa groaned as she felt his hands caress her bare skin again, and her hands rested on his shoulders before bringing them down his muscular arms. His hands moved down her back rubbing lightly at her skin as his hands slipped underneath the material of her panties.

Tessa groaned again as she moved herself body, helping Justin remove the clothes from her body. They broke the kiss and she began to kiss down his neck as her hands moved from his arms down to chest rubbing lightly as she moved them to his waist as she began to pull on his boxer briefs as she began to massage him lightly through the material.

Justin laid his head back and a groan released from his throat as she started to pull the material from his body. As she slipped the boxer briefs from his legs as she leaned down to kiss him again. As they kissed he moved her down to lay across the couch as he lay on top of her, her legs wrapping around him.

They broke the kiss, and Justin went to kiss her neck softly as he got into position on top of her. Tessa took a deep breath, preparing herself for what was about to come. Justin had been the only one she had ever done this with, so the process was scary but familiar to her. Justin noticed her hesitance, and looked into her eyes once again.

“You okay?” he asked, moving the hair from her face

Tessa looked up at him, “Uh huh” she replied,

Justin blinked “Are you sure you want to do this?” he asked, even though he knew if she said no he would be really disappointed.

Tessa continued to look up at him, and a smile crept on her lips. Justin watched her and laughed before leaning down to kiss her lips passionately.

As they continued their make out session on the couch, they worked themselves into ecstasy, feeling and groping each other as the moment took over them and moved in unison on the couch, the only noise was the grunts and groans between them.

Tessa closed her eyes as the familiar feeling began to wash over her, as she lifted her knees up and feeling Justin go deeper into her. She moved her face to his neck holding onto his arms tightly, as she began to kiss his neck. Justin’s pace started going faster, as his face moved into her neck and his hands began to rub her body lightly.

After not being able to be with her this way in so long it felt so good, Justin had no idea why he denied himself this for so long. He could feel himself get closer as his pace quickened and he could feel Tessa tighten around him. He felt his control slipping away as they continued their moves in unison.

Tessa moved her face to his shoulder, as her mouth opened and her eyes closed as she felt her release take over her body causing her body to shiver and she let out a loud groan nipping at Justin’s skin. As Justin felt Tessa’s body let go, so did he as he moved into her one last time reaching his peak as he let out a loud groan.

Justin lay against her, as they both came down from their high. Tessa sinking back on the couch as she nuzzled his face her hands rubbing his sweaty back up and down. Justin’s face went into her neck, as he felt his eyes start to drift close.

Moment’s like these are what they both had missed, and what they wanted again.
End Notes:
*&*Traci*&*

Comments? Questions? E-mail me at Spacey1141@hotmail.com
Chapter 19 by Sassy Spacey
Author's Notes:
Most current chapter. I should have more posted soon. Thanks to those who are reading. Please let me know what you think. :-D.
Chapter 19

The week went by quickly, with nothing much going on. Justin took Tessa out around the town again, they went to ride horses on a trail, and he attempted to teach her how to snowboard, which didn’t go very well, and even went out to dinner a couple of times. But it was a good and relaxing week for Tessa, and she was sad that she was going to have to go home soon and be in the spotlight of the public once again.

Tessa and Justin's relationship went on, in the privacy of Paul's home, they even tried to keep it a secret from Paul as well. Tessa had made it a habit to sneak into Justin's room after Paul had gone to bed and sleep in there with him.

It was Tessa and Justin's last day up in Big Bear. Tessa had to head home, she had to start getting things together for the Grammy's: costume fitting, sound checks, and choreograph run through with Wade. She definitely was not looking forward to it; she'd have to leave this privacy she had with Justin and Paul in Big Bear and be in the spotlight again because it was Grammy fever.

The day had been a mellow day; Tessa knew Justin wasn't going to see his dad for awhile so she opted to stay out of their way. She was in her room, laying against the head board with a book and her Ipod on her head listening to some music. Justin and Paul had gone to the market, since it was their last night Paul wanted to make some special for dinner.
So Tessa opted to stay at the house with Sandy and relax a little.

She had been reading for about an hour when her bedroom door opened, and there stood Justin dressed in some jeans and his gray hooded sweat shirt. Tessa looked up at him from her book and smiled, reaching over to shut off her Ipod.

"Good afternoon" he said, closing the door behind him.

Tessa smiled "Hi" she said, taking the head phones out of her ears and putting the Ipod on the night stand.

Justin walked to the edge of the bed, and shuffled off his shoes before jumping onto the bed landing on Tessa.

She giggled "What's wrong with you?" she asked,

He crawled up her, laying on her as he hid his face in her neck "Hmm...nothing" he replied.

Tessa smiled, as she wrapped her arms around him hugging him close, "How was the market?" she asked.

"Ehh" he said, and took a breathe smelling her wild flower scented hair.

Tessa smiled, as her hands moved to his head and she began to run her nails lazily over his scalp. Justin's eyes closed in delight, as he sighed. Tessa leaned her cheek against his forehead, and closed her eyes.

After a minute of lying this way, Justin lifted his head and looked at Tessa and reached up to kiss her lips lightly.

Tessa smiled watching him, "You okay?" she asked.

He nodded, "Are you packed?" he asked; they were leaving tomorrow early.

Tessa pouted, but nodded. She didn't want to leave this secret place, and got back into the 'real' world. Justin smiled and leaned forward again to kiss her lips, then started to get up.

"Wait, where are you going?" Tessa asked and reached for him, wrapping her arms around his neck trying to pull him on top of her.

Justin laughed, as he struggled to keep his balance, holding himself over her.

"I have to help my dad with dinner" he replied, his hands going to her side as he started to tickle her.

Tessa began to giggle, "Stay a minute" she said in-between laughs,

Justin’s hands journeyed up her shirt, running across her sides to her stomach. Tessa squealed moving her hands from around his neck to his hands trying to get them to stop the torture.

"Jus..." she squealed "Stop it!"

Justin laughed, as he continued his torture for another minute before rolling himself off of her and standing up in front of the bed. Tessa lay on the bed trying to catch her breath, and looked up at him. He was about to turn and open the door when Tessa stood on the bed, and jumped at him, jumping onto his back.

Justin let out a squeak as he felt Tessa’s weight on his back and her arms wrapped around his neck. Tessa wrapped her legs around his waist, as she rested her chin on his shoulder. Justin laughed as he caught his balance, and wrapped his arms around her legs to keep himself steady.

"What are you doing?" he questioned.

Tessa nuzzled her face in the back of his neck, leaving baby kisses there.

"Spend time with me" she said in a baby voice.

Justin rolled his eyes, she was acting like a brat and he wasn't going to have any of that.

“Tessa, this is our last night here” he said, “I won’t get to see my dad for awhile, so I’d like to spend as much time with him as I can” he explained firmly.

Tessa pouted, and un-wrapped her legs from around his waist, putting herself down on the ground again and unwrapped her arms from his neck. She went and sat back down on the bed, pouting like a five year old as she reached for the book she was reading and her Ipod from the bedside.

Justin smirked to himself before turning and noticed her face, he walked to her bedside and leaned down on his knees resting his elbows on the bedside.

“Hey…” he said,

Tessa looked at him out of the side of her eyes, and then looked back at her book.
He leaned forward and kissed her cheek, as his lips touched her skin Tessa moved her face away, showing that she was NOT in the mood. Justin chuckled, before standing up and heading towards the door. He wasn’t worried; he would make up for it later.

-*-

A few hours passed, and it was time for dinner. During that time Tessa had finished almost half her book, got her clothes out and ready for tomorrow and took a shower getting dressed in some black Adidas sweat pants, and a white long sleeve shirt.

She opened her bedroom door ready to head down the stairs to offer her services for dinner. She walked slowly down the hall, not really wanting to run into Justin. She knew she acted like a spoiled brat, and that was no way to act on the last day here, especially since Paul had opened his home to her for the past week and a half.

She reached the stair way and walked down it slowly, seeing the lights coming in from the down stairs. She heard the faint sound of talking coming from the kitchen as she reached the bottom of the stairs, and took a deep breath walking towards the kitchen.

Paul looked up from his position behind the stove as Tessa walked in, and he smiled; having a woman around was a little refreshing.

"Hey honey," he replied,

With that Justin looked over from his position at the sink, and then went back to what he was doing. Tessa smiled, and walked further into the kitchen.

"Need any help?" she asked, and glanced at Justin.

Paul shook his head, and smirked noticing her glance. He had known about them since the beginning, although he would never admit that to Justin.

"No, everything is pretty much done" he said,

Tessa semi smiled, "Well at least let me set the table" she said, wanting to help.

Paul smiled and picked up the stack of plates, napkins and silverware and handed them to her. Tessa took them with a smile, and headed into the dinning room to set the table. Paul glanced at Justin and noticed he was watching her; he smirked and shook his head going back to the stove.

A few minutes they all sat down at the table and started the wonderful feast Paul had made for them. It was chicken breasts sautéed in garlic sauce, some corn on the cob, sourdough roles, and iced tea to drink. They all sat down in the same seats they had been sitting in all week and began to eat, quietly.

Paul watched both Justin and Tessa as they concentrated on their meals and tried not to look at each other.

“So, Tessa are you nervous about the Grammy’s?” Paul asked.

Tessa looked up from her plate, “Um…not really” she replied, “I’m more nervous about the people attending then my actual performance”

Paul smiled, “Don’t worry I’m sure Justin will take good care of you” he said.

Justin looked up from his plate at Paul, then at Tessa and semi smiled before going back to his meal. The awkwardness was really getting to him, he was about to say his apologies to Tessa when he felt something rub up his leg.

He looked up at Tessa, and she was looking back at him, smiling. He shook his head laughing to himself. All was forgiven. They finished the rest of dinner talking about their week, and some of Tessa’s future plans as a singer and actress.

-*-

The night went on as usual, nothing out of the ordinary went on as Paul, Justin, and Tessa sat around the fire place talking for a few hours. Then Justin made Tessa go to bed because they were going to get up early the next morning to head back to LA. So Tessa got dressed in some warm sweats and a sweat shirt and climbed into bed with Sandy lying on the floor at the foot of her bed.

She had been Tessa's watch dog at night, and it was comforting. Tessa was thinking about getting a dog herself, one to keep her company while she was on the road, and while she was at her home.

She just closed her eyes thinking of the day ahead, when she heard the creaking of her bedroom door open quietly, she saw a shadow of a person come in and was about to sit up and scream when she heard Justin's familiar whispers to Sandy.

Tessa sighed in relief, as she continued to lie on her side under the covers. Sandy had taken habit of sleeping in Tessa’s room through out her stay; it did make her feel secure. She then heard the bedroom door close; she stayed quiet as she felt the bed dip, and a warm body made its way next to hers.

Justin wrapped his arms around her waist, as he cuddled close to her and started kissing the back of her neck. Tessa tried her hardest to not react, but it felt too damn good.

"How come you didn't go into my room?" he whispered,

Tessa sighed, "Cause I didn't know if you wanted me there" she whispered back, and turned to look at him.

Justin looked at her, and reached out moving her hair from her face. He leaned forward and kissed her lips lightly. Tessa groaned as she practically melted against him, as she leaned forward pushing Justin onto his back as she lay on him.

Justin wrapped his arms around her waist, holding her against him. His hands journeyed up her shirt, as he caressed her stomach lightly. Tessa let out a soft moan, but it wasn’t soft enough because it caused Sandy to whimper and jump onto the bed, landing at the foot of the bed and she began to paw at the two bodies.

They broke the kiss quickly, and Justin put his hand out to Sandy, trying to calm her down.

“Sandy girl…” he whispered, “It’s me”

Sandy whimpered again, as she sniffed his hand, smelling the familiar scent. After a minute Sandy stepped down off the bed, and lay back down by the door. Tessa giggled as she lay back on the bed with a sigh of relief. Justin lay beside her, on his side leaning his head on his arm as he watched her.

“You alright?” he asked

Tessa glanced at him, “Yeah” she replied,

With that she turned herself, as Justin laid on his back and Tessa cuddled close to him, laying her head on his chest as she wrapped her arms around his waist, hugging him close. Justin wrapped his arms around her, cuddling close.

“Do we have to go?” Tessa asked once more,

Justin smiled and leaned down to kiss her head “Yes,” he replied “You’ve got to get on with your life; you can’t stay in hiding forever”

Tessa sighed “Why not?” she questioned, “As long as I’m with you”

Justin sighed, and hugged her close and closed his eyes “You’ll be fine, now relax and get some sleep okay?”

“Alright” Tessa said, and closed her eyes trying to relax.

-*-

It seemed like only a few minutes later, when Tessa’s eyes began to open slowly. She groaned, not wanting to wake up and was wondering what was causing her to awake. Then she felt it, there was a cold breeze that blew over her.

She reached her arms out feeling for the familiar warm body next to her but found none; Justin must’ve gone back to his bed. She groaned and snuggled back under the covers trying to stay warm, thinking it might just be a draft from the old house.

A few minutes later, Tessa opened her eyes again, feeling another brush of cold wind fill the room. She sighed and lay on her back, turning herself to look at the window and gasped, sitting up noticing it was wide open. Her eyes quickly moved around the room, trying to see if there was something out of place.

“Sandy…” she whispered,

Silence.

Tessa whimpered, either something happened to her or she left when Justin left. After a moment, she decided what she was going to do. She looked around the room once more, before slowly lifting the covers from her bed, and stepping out onto the cold hard wood floor.

She walked as quietly as possible towards the bedroom door, as she did she heard the faint noise of the closet door creaking open. She heard a single boot stomp on the floor behind her, and she squealed and opened the bedroom running down the long hall way.

She heard the booted footprints get closer, as she kept running.

“Justin!!!” she screamed reaching his bedroom door at the end of the hall.

She heard the barking of Sandy, as she journeyed up the stairs. She pounded on his door, tears starting to fall down her cheeks.

“Justin, open the door!!!” she screamed again.

She turned to the side, and saw this dark figure walking towards her. She screamed loudly, and as she did she heard Sandy growl, and saw her speed past her as she attacked the figure.

As Sandy landed on the figure and it gave a grunt and fell to the floor, Justin opened his bedroom door.

“Tessa what-?” he questioned his eyes half open.

“Oh my god!” Tessa sighed, and ran into the bedroom, running into the closet and closing the door behind her.

Justin heard the scuffled going on outside the room, and looked out down the hall seeing Sandy chasing after a figure who was now running towards Tessa’s room. He then heard his dad coming up the stairs, and saw him come into view holding a pistol.

“Is she okay?” he questioned.

Justin nodded, “She’s in my room” he said,

They heard the noise of the lamp crashing to the floor and Sandy’s bark, they both looked down the hall and rushed down it after him. They both rushed into the bedroom as the figure jumped out of her bedroom window, landing with a thud on the roof.

Because it was still dark, they didn’t see him climb off the roof and run into the woods. Sandy was still barking at the window as she stood on top of the bed.

“Shit!” Paul replied banging his hand on the window seal.

Justin shook his head, “How the hell did he get in here…” he replied “I checked every window last night”

Paul shook his head, and closed the window himself locking it, “It doesn’t matter how, the fact is that he got in” he replied.

Justin sighed, “Sandy…quit it” he replied, as Sandy pawed at the window.

She whimpered and looked at Justin, getting down off the bed and stood next to Justin.

“Where’s Tessa?” Paul asked again, as he put the safety on the pistol and stuck it in the band of his jeans.

Justin looked at him; “In my room” he replied and headed down the hall way quickly.

Sandy and Paul followed as he walked into his bedroom and looked around the room not spotting Tessa immediately.

“Tess…” he called.

He heard a whimper, and knew exactly where she was. He walked to the other side of his room and opened his closet door. There she was curled against the wall, wrapped in a blanket. Sandy immediately trotted into the closet, and cuddled close to Tessa as she sat huddled on the floor, her arms wrapped around her legs.

‘Tess…you alright?” Justin asked, his heart breaking at the sight of her, but he knew he couldn’t exactly do anything right now since Paul was in the room.

Tessa sniffled, and looked up at the two men; they could see the tears glistening on her cheeks. Paul then walked into the closet and got down on his knees in front of her,

“Honey, he’s gone now” he said, trying to bring some comfort to the distraught girl.

Tessa looked at Paul, then past him at Justin who was standing behind him.

“How did he know where I was?” she asked quietly,

Paul shook his head, “I don’t know sweetie, but don’t worry ok?” he said, “I’ll stay up the rest of the night, and you get some sleep”

Tessa looked at him, tears still evident in her eyes, “I couldn’t do that to you” she said.

He semi smiled, and leaned forward and kissed her head, “I’ll be fine,” he replied,

“Wouldn’t be the first time” he simply stated.

Tessa sniffled and sighed, looking at him again and smiling. He was an incredibly sweet man. She leaned forward and wrapped her arms around his neck hugging him close. Paul smiled hugging her back, rubbing her back softly. Justin watched the scene in front of him, his heart practically breaking with the thought of what could have happened to Tessa.

A few minutes later Paul stood up and helped Tessa to her feet, and she looked past Paul at Justin who watched her closely.

“C’mon, sleep here” he said pulling the covers down from his bed.

Tessa hesitated as she looked at him.

“I’m going downstairs with Paul” he replied, and “Sandy will stay with you”

Tessa nodded as she walked over towards the bed and got into it pulling the covers over herself. Justin watched as his dad left, and he leaned down to be face to face with Tessa.

“Holler if you need me ok?” he questioned.

She nodded as she looked up at him, mesmerized by his eyes. He leaned down and brushed his lips to hers for a second before breaking it and heading towards the door, rubbing Sandy’s head as he closed the door. Tessa sighed as she door closed and she closed her eyes turning over, trying to get some sleep.
End Notes:
*&*Traci*&*

Comments? Questions? Spacey1141@hotmail.com
Chapter 20 by Sassy Spacey
Author's Notes:
An update? Yes I know. Took me long enough. Thanks to everyone who is reading and reviewing. I think I'm getting readt to end it, but not quite sure yet. But we'll see. Anyway, thanks to all of you who are reading! It means alot, please let me know what you think. :-D. Uh. I think that's it. TTYL!
Chapter 20

The morning came quickly, as the sun rose over the tree tops of Big Bear and shinned right into Justin's bedroom where Tessa laid cuddled under the covers. Tessa lay on her back opening her eyes slowly; she was surprised she got any sleep after last night.

She sat up slowly, looking around the room and noticed Sandy lying on the foot of the bed, watching her. Tessa smiled, and put her hand out to her.

"Morning Sandy girl" she replied,

Sandy made her way towards Tessa on the bed, and Tessa pet her. Sandy loving the attention pawed at her and tried to lick her face.

After a few minutes Tessa got out of the bed, and opened the bedroom door letting Sandy out as she began to walk down the stairs following Sandy's lead. Tessa walked down the stairs waiting to hear any familiar sounds of someone moving around the house.

She heard the faint sound of the TV coming in from the living room, and smelled the fresh brewed coffee coming from the kitchen. She walked to the front door, to let Sandy out who was pawing at it. She opened it up slightly and Sandy rushed out, then Tessa closed the door and she then made her way into the living room.

She stopped in the doorway, and had to smile. There was Justin lying across the couch, fast asleep. She walked into the living room towards the couch and got down on her knees in front of him. She leaned forward and kissed his lips lightly, after she kissed him Justin let out a small groan as he began to stretch his legs out, and his eyes opened slowly.

Tessa watched him, her smile growing. Justin's vision adjusted, as Tessa's face came into view and he smiled sleepily.

"Morning" he mumbled.

"Hi" Tessa said with a smile.

"You sleep ok?" he asked.

She nodded, as she made room in his arms climbing in next to him. Justin wrapped his arms around her tightly, hiding his face in the back of her neck.

"I let Sandy out" she replied, "She was stuck in my room all night"

"Okay" Justin replied, "Where's Paul?"

Tessa shrugged, "I haven't heard or seen him" she said.

They lay quiet for a minute, before Justin spoke once again.

"We should probably get the day going" he replied,

Tessa turned herself so that she was lying face to face with him, tangling their legs together. Justin looked at her and smiled as he leaned in and kissed her lips lightly.

"Thank you for taking care of me" Tessa said looking into his deep blue eyes.

Justin looked back at her, "It's my job Tess, I said I wouldn't let anything happen to you and I mean it" he replied.

"I know" she said, and sniffled, tears coming to her eyes as she thought about last night and how freaked out she was.

Justin watched her face; he knew she was thinking about last night. He leaned forward and pressed his lips to hers in a short kiss once more.

"Tessa…" he started.

Tessa looked at him, as a tear slid down her cheek. Justin looked at her, and then shook his head clearing his thoughts before he spoke.

"C'mon, I'll make you some breakfast…" he started "Go get changed and finish packing ok?"

She nodded and she untangled herself from him and getting off the couch. Justin sat up and watched her as she made her way up the stairs. When she was no longer in view he sighed and leaned forward rubbing his face with his hands.

"You love her don't you?" came a voice from the other side of the living room.

Justin stood up quickly, and turned to see Paul there watching him.

"Shit…Paul…geezish" Justin sighed in relief.

Paul continued to watch him, crossing his arms over his chest. Justin looked at him, and bit his lip a little bit nervous.

"Dad…its not-" Justin started.

Paul shook his head "Yes it is Justin, it's exactly what I think" he said "And you better watch your back…because if something happens to her…you will be responsible" he said pointing to him.

Justin looked at him and gulped, he hadn't seen him this way in a long time, since his mom was around, that could only mean one thing: he really cared about her like a family member.

"Dad, nothings going to happen" he said, "She's safe with me, she has been so far and she will be from now on"

"Does that mean you're going to stay with her?" he questioned "And not leave when the Grammy's are done?"

"I don't know yet" he said, "I haven't decided"

"Well you better" Paul said, "Because whatever you decide it may break her heart"

With that Paul walked towards the front door where Sandy was pawing at it and opened it and Sandy rushed into the house heading towards her bed by the heater. Paul then headed to the back of the house, where Justin knew he was going to his office.

Justin sighed in frustration, and rubbed his face with his hands once again. He was getting too involved, and he knew it would come back to kick him in the ass.

-*-

The drive back to Los Angeles seemed to go on for ever. After tearful goodbyes with Paul, Tessa got into Justin's Escalade and put on her ear phones not really wanting to talk to Justin for the moment. She was too freaked out about last night still.

The fact that Justin assured her that she would be safe, and some freak made it into her bedroom. Justin kept to himself as well as they drove back down to 'reality'. They made a small stop to fill up the gas tank and grab something to eat, and then they were back on the road heading to Tessa's home.

They pulled into the gated area about 3 hours later, both exhausted from the trip and their quiet spree. Justin pulled the car up to the front of the house, and shut it off putting the break on.

"Thank god" Tessa said opening her door.

As she opened the car door, the front door of her house opened and Brandon and Joey came flying out of it. She rushed towards them hugging them both tightly,

"Oh, I missed you guys" she squealed wrapping her arms around both Brandon and Joey's neck.

"How was it? okay?" Joey asked.

"Yeah, until last night" Tessa said with a pout.

Brandon and Joey both looked at Justin as he got out of the car, and headed to the trunk to take out her bags and brought the bags to the steps,

"What happened last night?" Brandon asked.

Justin looked at Tessa, then at Brandon.

"Someone snuck into Tessa's room last night" Justin replied with a sigh.

"What?!" Brandon practically screamed.

Tessa grabbed onto Brandon's hand, "It's not his fault" she defended him.

Surprising both Justin and Brandon, they both looked at her as she looked back and forth between the two men.

"How is it not his fault?" Brandon asked, "He's supposed to be taking care of you, that the whole reason why you went up there"

"He did" Tessa replied, "I was fine all week"

"What happened?" Joey asked, looking at Tessa then at Justin.

"Someone got into her bedroom last night" Justin started "She made it to my room when my dad's dog Sandy attacked the guy chasing him out of the house"

"So you didn't even do anything?" Brandon asked.

"Brandon, cut it out" Joey replied, "The important thing is that Tessa is fine, she's safe and back home"

Brandon rolled his eyes, and reached down to grab one of her bags "Yeah, no thanks to Justin" he said and walked into the house.

"Brandon, stop it!" Tessa screamed following him into the house carrying another one of her bags.

Joey looked at Justin, as he ran a hand over his head "Don't worry about him" he told Justin, "He'll get over it"

Justin shrugged, "Anything I should know about before heading back to the patrol room?" he asked.

Joey shook his head, "We figured she'd want to relax before starting business" he replied, "Meeting tomorrow at 10 to go over plans for the Grammy's"

"Where at?" he asked.

"Here," he replied, "The organization was nice enough to schedule the meeting here so Tessa wouldn't have to go out"

Justin nodded,

"Meet us in Brandon's office at 10" Joey said.

"Will do" Justin said, and went to the trunk of the car pulling out his own bag.
"Call me if you need me"

Joey nodded, as he watched Justin walk down the drive way towards the patrol room. Joey sighed and grabbed the last bag before entering the house, putting in on the floor by the door along with the two other ones that Brandon and Tessa must have put there.

He could heard the faint sounds of both Tessa's and Brandon's voice somewhere in the house. He began his journey to find them, first he walked into the kitchen and saw no one but Maria who was making Tessa some lunch, and he then walked into the dinning room, no one there.

He made his way towards the theater room, hearing the voices get louder. He stood outside the door listening to their conversation.

"Brandon stop please!" Tessa begged.

"I can't believe after all that shit, and he couldn't even watch you on the last night you were there!" Brandon screamed back at her.

Tessa was sitting on the couch watching him; she could understand where he was coming from.

"Nothing happened to me" Tessa said looking up at him,

"Something could have happened to you" Brandon said, "Then where would I be?"

Tessa stood up and walked over to him, pouting. Brandon looked out the window, his arms crossed over his chest. Tessa went behind him, and hugged his back, laying her head on his back.

"I understand what you're saying" Tessa said, "But the point is, nothing happened to me, I'm still here"

Brandon sighed, and turned himself so that he was facing Tessa. He wrapped his arms around her hugging her close.

"I promised your mom you would be safe" he said, and leaned down to kiss her head.

"I am safe" Tessa said "You guys all take good care of me, and I'm thankful"

They were quiet for a minute as Tessa and Brandon stayed in the embrace.

"Why do you always pick on him anyway?" Tessa asked looking up at him.

He looked down at her, "Because…" he started "I want you to be safe no matter where you go, and someone sneaking into your bedroom is not safe"

"Be nice please" Tessa said.

"Why does it matter?" Brandon asked, "You don't even like him"

"Say's who?" Tessa asked, "I've spend a lot of time with him, and he's fine, he understands what needs to be done"

Brandon looked down at her, something happened up there.

"Now can we get on with the day" Tessa said before Brandon could come to any conclusions.

With that Joey walked into the room, "Hey guys what's up?" he asked.

They both looked at him, both looking a little surprised.

"Brandon's throwing a hissy fit" Tessa said breaking away from Brandon and walked towards Joey, "Is Maria done making my lunch yet?"

"She should be" he replied.

She walked out of the room, heading towards the dinning room. Brandon remained looking out the window, his arms still crossed over his chest. Joey watched him intently.

"Something happened up there" Brandon said,

"What do you mean happened?" Joey asked,

Brandon turned to look at Joey "Something happened between the two of them," he said once again "And I hope it's not what I think it is"

"What do you think it is?" Joey asked.

Brandon looked at Joey again, this time Joey picked up on the look, and his face scrunched in disgust.

"No way" Joey replied, "Justin take this job way to serious to do something that stupid"

"I don't know" Brandon said with a sigh, "Something is off"

"Justin would never jeopardize his career that way" Joey said, hoping he was right.

Brandon shook his head, "Did you tell him about the meeting tomorrow?" he asked.

Joey nodded, "He told us to call him if we needed him" he said.

Brandon scoffed "Yeah..." he said, and then turned to leave the room.

Joey watched him leave, and shook his head. If anything did go down, he hoped Brandon wouldn't find out about it.

-*-

The day went on as usual. Tessa ate lunch, talking over her time in Big Bear with Maria and Joey while Brandon claimed he had things to do in his office. So after she ate, Tessa went into her room with her bags and unpacked her clothes putting dirty stuff in the laundry and stuff she didn't wear back into the closet.

After a while she lay down across her bed with her Ipod and journal and began to write things down. The next couple of days were going to be busy and hectic. She really wanted to go see Justin, she really wasn't mad at him, he did everything he could last night, and she wasn't blaming him for what happened.

She wrote in her journal for awhile before putting it away, and got off the bed opening her bedroom door looking out. No on is sight. She walked out of the room and headed down the stairs towards the entrance. She slipped on some sandals and opened the front door walking out quickly.

She walked down the steps of the porch, and began to walk down towards the patrol room. If anyone asked, she'd say she was just walking. She made it towards the room, and walked towards it as Justin was walking out. He had a towel wrapped around his waist, his bare chest glistening in the sun, sunglasses on his head, phone in his hand. He saw her standing there and stopped,

"Hey" he said.

She smiled "Going for a swim?" she asked.

He nodded, "You want to join me?" he asked.

She semi smiled, definitely no expecting him to say that.

"I'll go change and meet you by the pool" she said.

He nodded; she turned and rushed back towards the house. She reached the house walked in quickly, rushing up the stairs to her bedroom. She went into her drawers picking out a baby blue Bikini, her Hawaiian wrap, sunglasses and a thing of sun tan lotion.

She made her way down the stairs”after grabbing a towel”as Brandon came back into the house, and spotted Tessa as she was walking down the stairs.

"Where are you going?" he asked.

She smiled, "Um to take a swim" she said,

"Justin's out there" Brandon said,

"Oh…" Tessa said secretly smiling.

Brandon looked at her as she continued to walk towards the back of the house to the back door.

"Be careful Tess" Brandon called after her.

Tessa turned and looked at him as he walked into the kitchen and she sighed before walking of the back door out into the back yard. Justin was already swimming around in the pool, doing laps across it. Tessa went and put all her stuff down on one of the lounge chairs in the shade, taking off her sunglasses and walked towards the edge of the pool.

She went to the shallow end of the pool and sat down by the steps, putting her feet in the water watching Justin as he swam, in his black Speedo. Justin swam towards her, finally stopping his laps as he noticed her sitting there.

"Hi" she said with a smile.

He smiled back, and ran a hand over his face getting rid of the water on his face.

"I think Brandon knows something" she said, watching him.

Justin looked at her confused, "What do you mean?" he asked.

She told him about what just happened inside the house.

"He's just worried about you that's all" he said, "And I wouldn't blame him, I'm the same way"

Tessa leaned her arms on her legs, as she sat there resting her chin on her hand watching him.

"Are you?" she smiled.

He looked at her and smiled, before he rolled his eyes and fell back into the way on his back.

Tessa smiled and watched him, as he came back above the water and looked at her.

"Aren't you comin in?" he asked.

Tessa smirked "Maybe" she said.

"Oh you're comin in" he said, and reached for her hand pulling her into the pool.

Tessa half scream half laughed as she flew into the pool, landing in Justin's arms as he fell back in the water making both of them go under the water. Tessa quickly got above the water swimming around the pool as Justin followed her.

"What was that for?" she questioned swimming to the deep end by the step there.

He laughed, "Oh come on, you were gonna come in anyway" he said.

She stuck her tongue out at him, and he laughed following her. She sat down on the step, the water going to the middle of her stomach. Justin swam up to her resting his hands on either side of the step facing her.

"Isn't it funny how we're out here swimming and it's like 90 degrees out here, and a couple of days ago we were throwing snow balls at each other" she said,

He laughed, "Only in California" he replied,

Tessa looked up at the sky, and felt Justin's hands begin to rub her thighs under water. He was getting a little daring these days, she thought as she smiled and looked down at him.

He was watching her, and when she looked at him he smiled before ducking back under the water swimming around the deep end a little bit. Tessa got into the water as well, and swam around a little bit as did Justin.

"I'm not mad at you, you know" Tessa said finally.

Justin looked at her, "Brandon is" he said,

She rolled her eyes, "Since when do you care what Brandon thinks" she said.

He laughed, "I guess you're right" he said.

She smiled, "I'm back home and safe, that's all that matters" she said.

Justin watcher her and smiled, "Thanks" he replied.

She nodded, "Do you know the plan for tomorrow?" she asked.

"Yeah, the people from the Grammy's are comin over for a meeting at 10" he replied,

"Yuck" Tessa said making a face.

Tessa swam over to him, getting behind him and wrapping her arms around his neck, "Take me for a ride" she said with a giggle.

He laughed, "What kind of ride" he said, teasingly.

Tessa leaned down toward his ear, and bit it lightly and wrapped her legs around his waist. Justin closed his eyes, a sigh escaping.

"You better watch it gurlie" he teased, "before you start something you can't finish"

"Who say's I can't finish it?" She whispered in his ear,

"The office that's over there, that's who" Justin said.

Tessa looked out at the office and sighed, he was right. If Brandon walked out and saw them right now, he would throw a fit.

"That's what I'll miss about Big Bear" she replied,

"Well…we weren't that discreet" Justin replied.

"What do you mean?" Tessa asked a little worried.

Justin started to walk towards the deep end, with Tessa still on his back.

"My dad found out," Justin said.

Tessa's eyes got big, "What? He did?" she questioned,

She got off of his back and swam in front of him as he made his way towards the deep end.

He nodded, "He won't tell anyone, don't worry" he said, "He's just not very happy with me"

Tessa reached the end of the pool, and put her hands on the side holding herself there, as Justin swam in front of her.

"Do you think any one else knows?" Tessa asked.

Justin shook his head, "I think it would have been in the news already if someone else knew" he replied.

"I wish we didn't have to do this" Tessa said, kinda pouting.

He smiled, "Now don't start pouting again" he joked, "After this psycho stops bothering you, maybe things will be different"

"Yeah?" Tessa asked a little hopeful for her future with Justin.

Justin nodded, "Maybe" he replied,

"Will I get to see you later" Tessa asked,

Justin sighed, "I don't think so, it's not as easy as it was in Big Bear" he replied.

Tessa couldn't help but stick her bottom lip out again into a pout.

"Tessa seriously, you need to cut that out" He replied with a laugh, in reality it made him weak to her commands.

Tessa smiled, "I'm sorry!" she said, "This isn't fair"

"I know" he replied, and moved closer to her, at the same time looking around the back yard then at the pool house to see if Brandon was there, no one.

Tessa had her back to the wall of the pool, he hands holding onto the sides so she wouldn't drown. She watched Justin as he moved closer to her, and was hoping he would go through with that she thought he was going to do. Justin looked at her once again, and pressed his lips to hers lightly.

Tessa practically melted against him, as her legs reached out to Justin's under the water, and their legs intertwined together as the kiss intensified. Justin felt her smooth legs rub against his, and decided he'd better stop before things got too far.

He broke the kiss by moving his lips way from hers, towards her cheek. He felt her breath against his cheek, as she reached out and wrapped her arms around his neck. He wondered when they would get passed this stage, every time they kissed each other they wanted to do the deed once more no matter where they were.

He pushed her against the wall of the pool, putting his hands on the surface, to hold both of them up in the water.

"Justin" she whispered, laying her head on his shoulder,

"We can't" He replied, "It's too risky right now"

Tessa sighed as she nuzzled her face in his neck, leaving a small kiss there before she unwrapped her arms from his neck, slipping into the water going down under him and swimming towards the shallow end of the pool towards the stairs.

Justin sighed, and he leaned his forehead against the wall of the pool trying to calm himself down a little. Tessa walked up the steps out of the pool and walked over to a lounge chair, spreading her towel out and laid down on it, putting on her sunglasses and leaned back trying to catch some rays.

Justin turned to watch her, before ducking his head in the water and heading towards the shallow end getting out of the pool. He grabbed his towel running it over himself before wrapping it around his waist and stuck his sunglasses on.

"I'll see you tomorrow Tessa" He replied.

She nodded, "See ya" she said,

He walked towards the gate of the pool towards the exit; he closed the gate making sure it locked before walking back down to his patrol room with a loud sigh. He needed to do some serious thinking. Tessa watched him go out of the corner of her eye, and she leaned her head back closing her eyes as he left.

She was falling in love with him.
End Notes:
*&*Traci*&*

Comments? Questions? E-mail me at Spacey1141@hotmail.com
Chapter 21 by Sassy Spacey
Author's Notes:
A chapter?? I know. It's been awhile. I'm really working on the story, I want to get it finished before the end of summer. It's coming along, slowly but surely. Anyway, please let me know what you think and thanks for reading and reviewing!
Chapter 21

The morning came quickly, and Tessa woke up early to start her day. She went out for a short jog around the property with Joey watching close by and then headed back into the house to get ready for the meeting.

Justin was up early as well; going back to his normal duties and checking the property over before getting himself ready for the day as well.

Tessa was sitting in the dinning room eating some fruit and yogurt when she heard someone walk into the house, the disarming of the alarm and then heard footsteps coming closer. She already knew who it was, as she turned to the entrance and saw Justin make his way into the room. He saw her sitting at the table and smiled,

"Morning" he replied.

Tessa smiled back, "Morning" she said,

He made his way towards her, and she watched him a smile creeping on her lips. He reached her and leaned down pecking her on the lips quickly, before making his way into the kitchen. Tessa looked back at her food, and smiled as she stuck a strawberry into her mouth.

A few minutes later Justin came back into the room with his trusty glass of orange juice, finishing off a piece of toast.

"Where is everyone?" he asked.

She shrugged, "Joey ran with me this morning, so I think he went to shower and change and I haven't seen Brandon yet" she replied.

He nodded, and sat down across from her at the table, finishing off his juice. As if on que Brandon walked into the room, followed by Joey.

"Morning guys" Tessa said with a smile.

They both looked at her with a smile and made their way into the kitchen. As they left Tessa turned to Justin,

"This isn't good" Justin said, "I'll head to the back...meet you guys there ok?" he said.

She nodded, and watched him get up, with his glass and head to the back of the house towards the back where he would wait outside of Brandon's office for the rest of them.

A few minute he got the call from the front gate on his walkie talkie, and okayed the opening of the gate just as Tessa, Brandon and Joey made their way from the house towards the office.

“They’re here” Justin announced as they made their way closer.

Brandon and Joey both turned to see a middle aged man and women get out of the black SUV and head towards them. Everyone was introduced to Mr. Blackhill and Mrs. McDonnell the two people that were going to set up Tessa’s performance at the Grammy’s.

Everyone was introduced and then they headed into Brandon’s office where they discussed the plans. For a couple hours Tessa sat back and watches the three men in her life do their best to keep her safe at the upcoming Grammy’s. Justin discussed his ideas for having security everywhere, at all entrances and all back doors, outside her dressing area as well, and at both ends of the stage as well as some people scattered throughout the room. It was going to cost a bunch of money, but it was worth it to keep Tessa safe.

There was also going to be two sets of limos driving back, she would get into one drive a distance and pretend to stop for something and switch into Justin’s Escalade and head back to the house. She was not aloud to go to any of the after parties, or have any one over after. Tessa was not very happy about that, but was convinced it was for her own safety.

-*-

So after a couple of hours the meeting ended, Mr. Blackhill and Mrs. McDonnell left, and everyone went about their business. Brandon started to make a few phone calls, while Justin went back to the patrol room to make some of his phone calls as well. Joey and
Tessa went into the house to watch a movie, and grab a snack.

Wade came over later in the day and him and Tessa headed to the dance studio in back of the house, and started putting her routine together.

Justin sat in the patrol room, looking over the cameras as he sat at the desk. He had his feet propped on the table, watching the activity around the house. There wasn’t much, he had allowed Wade access to the house, and seen him drive up the drive way towards the house. He actually was trying to put off calling Johnny with the recent news about Tessa.

He knew Johnny would be very upset, about the break in. He leaned forward and picked up his phone from the table top and flipped it open, going through the phone book and dialing the familiar number. After a few rings it picked up,

“WBG, Johnny speaking”

“Hey Johnny, its Justin”

“Oh hey, what’s up?” He asked, “I was wondering when you were going to give me a call”

Justin sighed; “Yeah” he started “How are you?”

“I’m doing okay,” Johnny replied, “How’d the trip go?”

“It was good for the most part”

When Justin didn’t further explain, Johnny knew something was wrong.

“Uh oh, what happened?” Johnny asked,

“Someone got into the house the last night we were there…came in through her window” he replied, “Nothing happened though, she ran to my room and my dad’s dog came flying up the stairs and chassed him out the window”

“Is she alright?” He asked, “He didn’t touch her did he?”

“No, she was just freaked out” he replied, “I stayed up with my dad the rest of the night while she went to sleep in my room”

Things were quiet for a minute.

“She alright now?” Johnny asked

“Yeah, she seems okay” he replied, “Not afraid to leave the house or anything, actually anxious to get out”

Johnny laughed, “Sounds like her” he replied, “What’s the latest with the Grammy’s?”

Justin began to explain the previsions they were taking for the Grammy’s, and what was happening with her. Johnny listened intently, and agreed the plans were for the best. Justin was going to set up interviews with some people for the addition security, and Johnny agreed to help.

The conversation lasted for about an hour, when Johnny had to finish business and they hung up. Justin sighed leaning back in his chair closing his eyes, that had gone better then he thought. He took a deep breath, when he heard his phone ring once more. He put his feet on the floor and reached for the phone once more, it was Joey.

“Hello”

“Hey Justin, what’s up?”

“Nothing Bud, what do ya need?”

“I need a favor,” he replied,

“What is it?”

“Can you accompany Maria to the market today, Tessa’s havin friends over … and there no food here, as she puts it”

“You gonna stay here?” he asked

“Of course, I’m sitting in the dance studio, while Tessa and Wade practice” he replied,
“It’s just Tessa created quit a list, and Maria will need help”

Justin sighed, “Alright, don’t let her out of your sight Jo, I mean it” he said

“I know that,” Joey said,

“And no one in the property until I get back” Justin warned

“Understood” Joey replied,

“Alright, tell Maria I’ll meet her at the Escalade” he said

“Will do, thank you”

“Uh huh”

He hung up. He sighed and got up stretching his arms into the sky. He slipped on some shoes, and patting his butt to make sure his wallet and keys were there, they were so he walked out the patrol room locking the door and heading up the drive way towards his car.

Maria was already standing by the car, with her purse hanging on her arm, looking over a list on yellow paper.

“Are you ready Maria?” he asked

She nodded, “Thank you for taking me” she replied

He nodded, “No problem” he said, deactivating the alarm on the car

Maria opened the door getting inside, and Justin did the same. He buckled his seat belt, turning on the car, and pressed the button to open the gate as he reversed out of the driveway to the street. They made small talk as they drove to the supermarket and in the market of course.

Justin followed Maria around the store for about an hour when they finally went to the check out. After paying for the snacks, they loaded everything into the Escalade and headed back to the house. Justin pulled into the driveway watching through his rearview mirror as the gate slid shut, and made his way to his usual parking spot in front of the house.

Just as Justin pulled up, the front door opened and Tessa came flying out of it with Joey and Wade following her. Justin noticed her startled face.

“What’s wrong?” he asked, looking from Tessa to Joey

Joey looked at Justin, “Some guy tried to get into the property” he said

“Huh?” he questioned,

Joey nodded, “Someone tried to get in” he replied, “I locked Tessa and Wade in the dance studio, and rushed outside and this guy was practically climbing the fence trying to get in” he said

“Did you get a look at the car or the plates?” Justin questioned

Joey shook his head no, “By the time I rushed outside he was speeding down the street” he said

Maria has started taking the groceries from the car into the house while they conversed outside. Justin turned to Tessa,

“Maybe you shouldn’t have the girls over tonight” he said

She pouted, “Aww, no…” she sighed “Please don’t do that, they’re mad at me enough for
not being around these past couple of weeks”

“Protecting you is more important then making sure your girlfriends like you” he said

She sighed, “This sucks!” she screamed and stormed back into the house

Justin rolled his eyes as he turned back to Joey and Wade.

“Someone is obviously watching the house” he said, “We need to watch things, at least until the Grammy’s”

Joey and Wade both agreed by nodding their heads.

“Where’s Brandon?” Justin asked

“He left a little bit after you did, he said he had to take care of some things” Joey said.

“Alright,” he said, “Let me think over the movie night thing…” he sighed

Joey looked at him, “She does deserve some normalcy” he replied

Justin nodded, “I know, I just want her to be safe” he said

Maria had walked out to grab the last bag, watching the 3 men as they continued to talk things over.

“Wade, I appreciate you staying with her” Justin said, shaking his hand

Wade nodded, “No problem, she’s just as special to me as she is to you guys” he said, “I
better get going though, I have another appointment”

Joey shook his hand as well, “We’ll see ya later,” he said

Wade nodded, and headed to his little sports car he had parked in front of Justin’s Escalade. He started it up and headed back down the drive way, Justin watching him and opening the gate with his walkie talkie and watched as he drove away and gate closed behind him. Justin then turned back to Joey who was also watching Wade’s car leave the driveway.

“I’m gonna go talk to her,” Justin replied,

Joey nodded, “I’m gonna go walk around the property and make sure everything is secured” he replied, “I’ll feel better after that”

Justin nodded; they waved to each other and went their separate ways. Justin walked into the house, closing the door and headed towards the kitchen. Maria was busy putting the groceries away, when she turned at his presence.

“Where did she go?” he asked

She nodded her head towards the door, “To her room” she replied

He nodded, “Thank you” he said, and made his way out of the kitchen.

He climbed the stairs to the second floor and began to walk down the long hall towards the last door where her room was. He heard loud music coming from the room causing the walls to vibrate as he walked towards the closed door.

He got to the door and thought about knocking but knew she wouldn’t be able to hear him. He turned the knob slowly, opening the door and poked his head inside. She was laying on her back on the bed, looking at the ceiling kind of in a daze, she didn’t move when he stepped inside and closed the door.

He thought he was going to go deaf with the loudness he headed towards her stereo and turned the volume down. As he did, Tessa quickly flipped her self over on her stomach and looked at him.

“What?” she questioned clearly annoyed

Justin looked at her, “Don’t start with the attitude with me okay?” he said

She rolled her eyes and turned herself back over to lay on her back and look at the ceiling. He stood there watching her; he wanted to sit next to her but thought she might not be into that idea at that moment.

“I just want to be normal Justin…that’s it… have a night out with my friends, talk and laugh, and eat…have some fun for a change…and not be cooped up in this house by myself” Tessa said as she glanced over at him.

He sighed, “I understand that Tessa” he said, “But it’s just not safe right now”

“When will it be safe?” she questioned, “You guys are no closer to finding this guy”

“Yes we are” he said, “He will be caught”

She sighed again, and closed her eyes. Justin took that as a sigh that he could get closer to her. He went and sat down on the edge of the bed, as he did Tessa felt the bed shift and she turned and looked at him.

“I just miss you” Tessa whispered, “I miss not being able to be with you in that way whenever I want too”

Justin sighed, that’s what this was about, it wasn’t about her girlfriends or being normal it was about being with him and being free. Justin looked down at his hands, trying to think of something to say when he felt Tessa put her hand on his back as she sat up and made her way into his lap. He wrapped his arms around her waist holding her to his chest as she snuggled close to him.

“This guy is not going away” He said, as he leaned his lips to her head and kissed it lightly, “And I don’t want to jeopardize your life until he’s put away”

“I know” she sighed, “It’s just not fair”

He smiled, and rubbed her back “Nothing in life is fair, you’ll learn that” he replied, she really was young, she had yet to live much of her life.

Tessa lifted her head and looked into his icy blue eyes; she leaned forward and kissed his lips lightly, and lingered there before looking at him.

“Can they come please?” she pleaded once more

Justin sighed as he leaned his forehead against her, and closed his eyes.

“Alright,” he said, “But they’re staying here… as soon as everyone gets here no one is leaving…for any reason”

“Yeay!” she squealed and leaned in to kiss his lips more passionately, “Thank you” she said with a smile.

He smiled and shook his head; she got off his lap and reached for the cordless phone that was by her bed. She immediately starts to dial some numbers as Justin got up from the bed and walked towards the door way.

“Thank you Justin” she replied,

He turned and looked at her, and nodded before walking out of the door and towards the stairs. He was hoping he wasn’t going to regret this.

-*-

It had been about an hour after Tessa had called all her friends and told them they would be spending the night. Justin had called Brandon and explained to him what had happened and what was going to happen. As soon as the last girl was in the house, there would be no leaving the property or the house, so Brandon had to be home by that time or he would be locked out. Brandon agreed to be in the property before the closing of it.

The mean time Justin went outside to wait the girls to arrive and to check over the house once more. Tessa was in the theater room helping Maria set everything up for her guests. It was about 6 at night when all the girls started to arrive; it was the same three girls: Tayler, Kristen, and Jennifer. Tessa answered the door with the same deafening squeal inviting all of them into the house.

They were just waiting for Brandon and then Justin would close up the house. Justin was walking back up the drive way with the things he was taking into the house for the night when he got the call that Brandon was at the gate. He opened it, and watched as the car drove up the driveway, when it did he closed the gate and watched it until it closed securely. Brandon stepped out of his car with a duffle, and waited for Justin to catch up with him.

“Everyone here?” he asked,

Justin nodded, “Joey and I did one more walk of the property and we’re just waiting for you”

Brandon nodded, “Good” he said, “Are we ready then?”

Justin nodded, they both walked into the house and Justin closed the door locking it before going to the alarm system and punching in the code to lock it for the night. The alarm was secured, and they ventured more into the house. You could hear the loud giggles of the girls down the hall way, and Brandon rolled his eyes,

“This is going to be fun” he said

Justin laughed, “Yeah, well” he replied, “Better safe then sorry”

“Uh huh” Brandon said, and began his journey up the stairs “I’m going to a room, call me if you need me”

Justin nodded; he walked into the dinning room to set up his lap top that had the cameras on it. He was going to be sitting there most of the night, reading, and doing whatever until the girls basically went to sleep.

Joey was around the house somewhere, probably with the girls in the theater room flirting. Maria was in and out of the kitchen making sure the girls were satisfied with their snacks. Justin was waiting for his computer to boot up and went into the kitchen to find something to eat. He made himself a turkey sandwich, and grabbed some chips and a soda (taking a break from his usual orange juice), and a water bottle then went back into the dinning room to eat. As he was eating his sandwich Joey came into the room,

“Hey, where’s Brandon?” he asked, he was freshly showered and changed.

“Brandon is in a room” Justin said

Joey nodded, “Whatcha eating?” he asked

“Sandwich” Justin replied,

Joey nodded, and went and sat down next to him, “Is this going to be a boring night or what?” he questioned

Justin laughed, “Jo, it’s to keep her safe” he replied,

“I know” he said and laid his head down on the table

“Let’s play some poker” Joey suggested, “C’mon, I’ll drag Brandon back down and we’ll just hang out and play poker”

Justin looked up at him and shrugged, “If you want to” he said,

“Yes!” Joey said clapping his hands and stood up “Brandon!” he yelled

Justin laughed as he finished his sandwich, and put his plate away and came back into the dinning room. He put the computer of the side of the table so he could still keep an eye on the cameras.

A few minutes later Joey came walking back into the room with a deck of cards and a wooden box, followed by Brandon who looked totally annoyed.

“Ok, I’m going to get a beer, anyone want anything?” he asked,

Justin shook his head, holding up his water bottle and Brandon shook his head too. Joey disappeared into the kitchen while Justin took the cards and started to shuffle them. Joey came back a minute later with a bowl of chips and a couple beers. Justin looked at him and rolled his eyes,

“Well, lets just hope nothing happens cause it’s jus me and you Brandon” Justin replied

Joey gave Justin a dirty look “Hardy har har” he pretended to laugh.

Justin laughed and shook his head and started to deal out the cards as Brandon dealt the chips. They played a few game, talking and laughing like they were old buddies.

-*-

The girls had finished their first movie and were not just lounging around talking before starting another one, they did have all night.

“So, was it horrible being up there with Justin all week?” Tayler asked her sipping her soda.

Tessa shrugged, “It was alright” she said, “I had to stay hidden”

“Yeah, no kidding you couldn’t even call us” Kristen said,

Tessa smiled, “C’mon you guys, you know I would if I could” she said,

“I don’t know about you guys, but I’m jealous” Jennifer said, “Stay with that sexy man for a week, what could be better”

Tessa looked at her kind of surprised, “Wow Jenn” she said

Jennifer blushed and shrugged “What?” she questioned

The girls laughed.

“Speaking of sexy” Kristen beamed, “Adam and I took the next step in our relationship”

The three girls turned their heads looking at Kristen in shock, “Kristen!” they all squealed.

Kristen smiled, “It was our 1 year anniversary, and we were just both ready” she said,

The girls continued their girl talk, about taking the extra step wanting all the details from Kristen that they could get. As they were laughing at Kristen, there was a light tapping on the door and they all looked to see Justin standing there watching them.

“Everything okay in here girls?” he asked,

All four girls nodded, “Fine” she said at the same time

He nodded, “If you need anything else let me know” he replied, “We’re just in the other room playing some poker” he replied

They all nodded once more, and watched him as he turned and walked out of the room.
Jennifer whistled, and looked back at the other 3,

“So fine” she replied,

The girls laughed, Tessa looked at them before speaking.

“Can I tell you girls something” she replied, “You can’t tell anyone”

The three girls looked at her once more, and leaned forward as she began to speak.

“I had my first time too” she replied

All of the girls squealed, “What?” they cried, “Tessa!”

Tessa smiled watching them,

“When did this happen?” Tayler questioned,

“When you were at the Grammy’s?” Kristen questioned

“With who?” Jennifer asked,

Tessa smiled, “Justin” she said simply

All three of the girls gasped, “What?!” they questioned loudly,

Tessa remained silent as she looked at her three best friends,

“When did this happen?” Kristen asked “At the Grammy’s?”

Tessa shook her head, “Do you remember the last movie night I had before heading to the Grammy’s?” she questioned

The three girls nodded, “Well, I had asked Justin to take me out” Tessa started “And he did, that night one things led to the next”

“OoOo girl!” Tayler squealed and hugged her tightly

Tessa laughed, as the girls immediately started asking questions about the evening. Tessa told them everything, from their first encounter to their last encounter in Big Bear. She was so glad to get it out in the open; it felt so good to share something like this with her best friend like a weight being lifted off her shoulders.
End Notes:
*&*Traci*&*

Comments? Questions? E-mail me at Spacey1141@hotmail.com
Chapter 22 by Sassy Spacey
Author's Notes:
Well I decided if I didn't add something after having 5 days off, then I had a problem. LoL. Anyway. I hope whoever is reading this is enjoying it. I get alot of hits on it, but never any reviews. Anyway, let me know what ya'll think. TTYL
Chapter 22

The night gone off without a hitch, nothing had gone wrong. No one tried to break in, and no one tried to break out. The girls were up at 9, showered, changed, and fed by 10:30 and out the door by 11. Tessa was standing out on the porch waving to the girls as they drove out of site, she was happy she got a chance to visit with them. It had been a long time.

She smiled as they were out of site and walked back into the house heading to her bedroom. Maria was in the theater room cleaning up after last nights festivities with Joey who was helping her, while Justin had gone out to check the property once more. Brandon had meetings he had to get to.

The day”they were hoping”was going to uneventful. Wade was coming over later in the day to work on Tessa’s routine, and that was about it. After looking around the property Justin went back to the patrol room to shower and change into fresh clothes for the day.

The Grammy’s were a week away, and after that he didn’t know what he would be doing. He had to decide if he wanted to continue to protect Tessa, or leave like he said he would. Tomorrow they were going to have to leave the safety of the property and go shopping so Tessa could find something to wear to the Grammy’s, one to walk down the red carpet in, to perform, and present in, since she insisted on having a different outfit for each.

He got out of the shower and changed into some tight fitting jeans and his signature white T-shirt. He ran the towel over his hair, thinking of getting it shaven once more even though he liked the feel of Tessa running her hands through it.

He sat down in the desk chair by the monitors and watched everything that was going on, which was nothing. He leaned back against the chair, putting his arm over his eyes for a second and there was a soft knock on the door. He quickly got to his feet, going to the door.

Tessa stood there out of breath, “Justin” she started

Justin looked at her, his eyes scrunched in confusion “Tessa, what’s wrong?”

She pushed him into the house, and followed him in closing the door quickly. She was carrying her lap top with her as Justin took a few steps back allowing her to get into the room.

“We’re in trouble” she replied, walking to the desk and setting her lap top up.

Justin watched her as she connected to the internet, and pulled up a website. She moved out of the way, letting him look at the website.

“Pop Princess getting more then protection from her Bodyguard”

It was a little blurb of something, but it was something that was out there.

“A source close to Tessa Johnson has informed us that she’s more then friends with her over protective bodyguard. The two just came back from a week away together in the secluded hills of Big Bear where things that shouldn’t happen between employer and employee did. Tessa was unavailable for comment, but this source is very reliable and knows Tessa personally”

Justin looked at her, his eyes big in disbelief.

“Did you tell the girls?” he questioned

“They’re my girls!” Tessa practically yelled, “I’m supposed to be able to trust them!”

Justin sighed, “Tessa…” he warned

She looked like she was about to cry, “I’m sorry alright” she cried, “I needed someone to confide in” she went and sat down his semi made bed and put her head in her hands.

“This is so not good” she said,

“Have you gotten any calls?” Justin asked, as she closed down the lap top.

She shook her head no and looked up at him, tears were down going down he cheeks.

“I’m so sorry” she said and began to cry once more

“Tessa” he sighed, “It’s alright, it’s my fault”

She sniffled, and looked at him “It was just as much mine as it was yours” she said

He went and sat down next to her, and she instantly leaned over and sat in his lap as he wrapped his arms around his waist.

“You’re gonna have to leave” she said, “Brandon is going to be furious with me”

“He’s not going to be happy with me either” Justin replied, “we’ll take it as it comes okay?”

She looked up at him, a bit surprised “You mean you’re not gonna end this?” she questioned

Justin looked back at her, and leaned forward to press his lips to hers lightly. She wrapped her arms around his neck, kissing his lips once more. Knowing this was probably the last time they would get to kiss.

They broke the kiss a minute later, but now Tessa was straddling his lap, her hands on his shoulders and Justin’s around her waist. They broke the kiss and Tessa panted as she leaned her forehead against his, her eyes closed. Justin’s hands went from her waist to her face as he caressed her cheeks lightly.

“You better go” he replied, “We don’t want to upset Brandon more”

Tessa nodded, and climbed off his lap, grabbing her lap top and walking towards the door. She turned and looked at him once more before opening the door and walked out closing it behind her.

Justin fell back on the bed closing his eyes and sighing deeply. What a mess. After thinking of a plan, he got up and grabbed his cell phone dialing the familiar number.

“Yo?” came the voice on the other end

“Joe, its Justin” he said quickly,

“Hey Jus, what’s up?” he questioned

“Can you watch Tessa for awhile, I have to go talk to Johnny” Justin asked

“Sure, no problem” Joey said

“Wade should be by any minute, but other then that she’s not expecting anyone” Justin said,

“Alright sure,” Joey said, “You leaving right now?”

“Yeah” Justin said, slipping on a pair of shoes “Be careful alright?”

“I will” Joey said,

Justin hung up, slipping the phone into his pocket as he grabbed his keys that were sitting on the table. He slipped on a gray hooded sweat shirt, and closed and locked the patrol room. He walked, more like jogged up the drive way to his car unlocking it and getting inside starting it up quickly. He reversed his way out of the drive way and watched as the gates closed before he sped off down the street.

He had to get to Johnny’s, to explain everything to him first before the news was spread everywhere. He slipped his sun glasses on his face before driving into town; it was time to face the music. He reached Johnny’s office a half hour later and got out of his car, locking his car with the alarm and headed into the building.

He walked to the elevator and pressed the up button and stood back looking up at the buttons as they light up one by one. When it finally dinged he stepped inside, and pressed the 10th floor button, the doors closed. He sighs as he leans back against the wall of the elevator. He watched the buttons light up as he went up each floor and finally ding open on the 10th.

He walked out, immediately turning right and walking towards the desk where an older woman sat typing away at her computer. She looked up as Justin neared.

“Justin” she smiles “Hello”

Justin smiles back at her, “Afternoon May” he says, “Is Johnny in?”

May nodded, “Just got back from lunch, he’s not doing anything yet” she said

“Thanks” he said, and walked to the door knocking softly and entered.

Johnny was sitting at his desk, and looked up from his computer as Justin walked into the room, and smiled.

“Justin” he replied, “What’s up?”

Justin sighed as he walked further into the room and sat down in one of the overstuffed chairs in front of his desk.

“I need to tell you something, before you hear it from someone else” Justin said looking at Johnny seriously.

Johnny turned away from the computer, folding his hands on the desk.

“What is it?” he questioned

Justin sighed and ran a hand through his hair, before rubbing the back of his neck.

“I mean more to Tessa then just her bodyguard” Justin said, looking at Johnny his face filled with worry.

Johnny looked at Justin, his eyes brows going together in confusion. Justin sighed as he held his head in his hands.

“We’re involved” Justin said, “In ways we shouldn’t be”

The comment finally dawned on Johnny as he looked at Justin, his face stern.

“Justin!” he almost screamed

“I know!” Justin almost screamed back, “I know”

Johnny shook his head, “This is not good” he said,

“And it doesn’t stop there” Justin said looking at Johnny once more.

Johnny crossed his arms over his chest, waiting for the next piece of information.

“She told some girlfriends, and they blabbed to the tabloids” Justin said, “Tessa found a little article on the web today”

Johnny sighed, hanging his head.

“Jesus Justin!” he said, clearly annoyed

“I know Johnny” Justin said, “I’m sorry, I tried to end it before…she’s not that easy to walk away from”

“Obviously” Johnny said “Brandon know?”

Justin shook his head, “Not as far as I know” he said, “But that could change any minute”

Johnny sighed, “We need to think of something” he said, “A plan of action”

Justin nodded, “I’ll leave after the Grammy’s” he said, “I just need to be there for the Grammy’s”

Johnny nodded, “Well work it out” he said

Justin sighed, thank god. He talked with Johnny for a little bit before leaving after a hand shake. Things would turn out alright. He hoped. He drove back to the mansion, feeling a little bit better but as he turned the corner, his world dropped.

There were paparazzi everywhere. People pilled outside the door, cameras and pads in hand.

“Oh no” Justin groaned

He braced himself, before turning into the property. The windows were up and tinted so they couldn’t exactly see who it was, but I’m sure they knew. He drove into the property, waiting until the gates were closed before driving up the driveway.

He drove up the driveway and got out of the car, lifting his hands into the air as he stretched out his back. He walked into the house, closing the door behind him.

“You ass!” he heard

And before he could react, someone lunge at him and jumped on his back wrapping his arms around his neck. Justin struggled a minute, but got Brandon off of him pushing him away as Justin moved to the other side of the room.

“Brandon!” he heard Tessa scream as she rushed down the stairs.

Brandon lunged at Justin again, but Justin moved out of the way this time “Don’t push me Brandon, I’ll fight you back!” he screamed.

Tessa rushed past Justin, and towards Brandon standing in front of him, holding onto her hands as he looked past her at Justin giving him the death stare.

“Brandon, stop it” she said, trying to get him to calm down.

“I knew something was going on” Brandon said, giving Justin the death stare.

“It wasn’t anything that I didn’t agree too” Tessa defended.

Joey came rushing in from the back of the house, “What’s going on?” he questioned

“Do you know what this guy has been doing?” Brandon questioned “Behind our backs!”

Joey looked at Brandon, and then looked at Justin. Justin watched him carefully; he might lunge at him too.

“He’s been sleeping with Tessa” Brandon screamed “Right here, under our noses!”

Joey looked at Justin once more, his hands turning into fists. Justin gulped as he looked at Joey, his eyes pleading for understanding. Tessa turned and looked at Joey, tears starting to come to them.

“Joey, please” she begged, “Don’t do it”

Joey looked at her, breathing deeply.

“I love him” she stated

All three men turned and looked at her. She sniffled and looked at Justin once more; Justin watched her licking his lips. He loved her too.

“There is no way in hell he is working for you anymore” Brandon announced as he stormed out of the house.

Joey looked at Justin, and then shook his head before turning around and walking away. As he walked away, Justin turned to Tessa and she sighed before running at him and jumping into his arms hugging him tightly. Justin wrapped his arms around her waist, burying his face in the crock of her neck.

“Where did you go?” she questioned,

“To Johnny’s” Justin said, “I had to tell him everything”

She nodded, and sighed “What happened?” she asked

“We worked out a plan of action” He said, “If Brandon calls; Johnny will insist that I work the Grammy’s”

“Thank god” Tessa said and looked up at him “What about after that?”

Justin looked at her, taking his hands from her waist and put them on each side of her face.

“I don’t know yet” he said, “but it’s not looking good”

Tessa’s eyes started to water once more, and Justin smiled as he moved his fingers to he cheeks wiping away he tears as they fell.

“Hey hey,” he whispered, “Everything’s gonna be fine okay?”

She sniffled, looking at him, not so sure.

“Are you gonna leave?” she questioned

“I don’t know yet” Justin repeated, “That really depends on Brandon”

“I’m never having anyone over again” she pouted, “I’m not trusting anyone, ever”

Justin sighed, “Don’t do that” he said, “You don’t want to be alone forever Tess”

“Maybe I do” she said, looking at him

He smiled, “No you don’t” he said, “You’ll be a lonely old fart like me”

“You are not” she said,

He smiled, “I was before I met you” he said

She sniffled and hugged him tightly once more. Justin smiled as his arms wrapped around her once more.

“I should go back” he said, “Has Wade arrived yet?”

Tessa shook her head, “I’m not in the mood” she whined

“I know” Justin said, “But it’ll be good to do it, workout through some frustration”

“Where are you going?” she questioned

“To the patrol room” he said, “I’m still here to protect you”

Tessa looked at him, and stood on her tippy toes and kissed his lips lightly before letting go of him and running up the stairs. Justin watched her go, and sighed and turned walking out of the house.

As he walked down the driveway, he got the call that Wade was waiting outside and he signaled him in. He saw Wade’s car drive up towards him and Wade stopped rolling down his window.

“What’s going on?” he questioned

“Some information got out,” Justin said, “And they want the story”

“What story?” Wade questioned

Justin sighed and looked around, before back at Wade.

“Tessa and I have been more then friends, for awhile, secretly” he said,

Wade looked at him in disbelief and Justin continued “She told her friends last night, and one of them leaked it to the press” he said,

“Oh Justin” Wade said sighing

“I know it” Justin said, “I’m gonna be there for the Grammy’s, then it’ll be up to Brandon”

“Was he pissed?” Wade asked,

Justin laughed, “That’s not even the half of it” he said “And Joey doesn’t look happy with me either”

Wade looked up at Justin, “Should I leave then?” he questioned

Justin shook his head, “No, it’ll be good for her” he said “Besides, she needs to be her best at the Grammy’s”

Wade nodded, “Alright” he said, “I’ll see you around then”

Justin nodded and stepped away from the car and Wade drove up the drive way. Justin made his way to the patrol room, trying to be hidden from the paparazzi outside.

-*-

Two days later the paparazzi still hadn’t lightened up. They were all still camped outside the gates, trying to get the best pictures. Tessa had put off going to get her outfits for a couple of days, but she had to do it now. There was no other time.

Brandon had called the stores she wanted to go to and asked if they would close early, so that Tessa could shop in peace. They graciously agreed and Tessa would be heading out that night at 7:00 to shop for her three outfits for the Grammy’s. Justin opted to stay behind so that there wasn’t a huge frenzy, but Tessa insisted that he’d come.

So about 6:45, Tessa came walking down the stairs of her house, purse hanging on her arm as she was dressed in some jeans and a flowery blue top. Justin, Joey, and Brandon were standing in the foyer waiting for her. Though their relationship would never be what it was, they agreed the most important thing was to keep Tessa safe.

“Are we ready?” she asked at the 3 men that were waiting for her in the foyer.

All three men turned to look at her as she walked down the stairs. Justin immediately opened the front door and Tessa stepped out followed by Joey and Brandon. Tony come back to the house to be Tessa’s driver, and was waiting with the door open to the black SUV.

Tessa stepped inside first with a wave to Tony, and Joey and Brandon followed suit. Justin would take his seat in the passenger seat, as Tony drove to their destination.

Tessa looked out the window as the streets passed her by, her life was not getting any better since her and Justin were found out. Brandon had chosen to make a statement on the matter hoping it would die down the attention, but it only did the opposite. They still wanted the pictures, the inside information, but it wasn’t going to happen. Tessa’s face had been all over the magazines, which was causing a lot of unwanted attention before the Grammy’s.

Tony drove towards their destination, talking quietly to Justin. He was informed of the situation and knew what kind of chaos they may be dealing with. He turned the corner towards their destination and pulling up into a deserted ally. She would be going in through the back way, hoping it would confuse some. The alley was complete deserted which made them all sigh in relief.

Tony stopped in front of the back door, and Justin exited the car first looking around the area before he opened the back doors. Brandon came out first, and then Joey and Tessa came out after. Joey and Brandon stood on each side of her, as Justin knocked on the back door. They waited a minute before the door opened, and a young woman came into view.

“Karenna?” Justin questioned

The young women smiled, her blonde bangs falling over her eyes, as she reached up to move them before shaking his hand.

“Justin,” she said “Glad you could make it”

“Thank you for closing early” Justin said, and moved out of the way to let Tessa come into view.

Tessa smiled and stuck her hand out to shake the women’s hand.

“Oh Tessa, I love your work” Karenna said, shaking her hand.

Tessa smiled “Thank you” she said, “And thanks for letting me come shop here in peace”

Karenna nodded, “Of course” she then moved out of the way “Well, come on in” she said

Tessa stepped passed Justin into the room, as Justin followed and Joey and Brandon behind him. All the lights were on in the store, but there were curtains over the windows with the exception of the front door, but it was closed and secured. Joey made his place by the back door, Tony was going to stay out in the car, and Justin was walking around the place while Brandon was with Tessa helping her decide on which 3 outfits she should buy.

They were about an hour into their shopping, when Justin’s cell rang. He looked at the caller ID and saw Tony’s name and quickly flipped it open.

“Whats up Tony?”

“Uh, word got out”

“What do you mean?”

“There’s paparazzi surrounding the car, and waiting by the back door”

“Shit”

“You want me to drive around”

“Yeah, drive around a little and I’ll call you when we’re done”

“Alright”

They hung up. Brandon turned to Justin as soon as he hung up the phone.

“What’s wrong?” he asked,

Tessa had been in the dressing room so she didn’t hear any of the conversation.

“Paparazzi found us” Justin sighed, “Tony’s gonna drive around a little, but they’re surrounding the back door”

“Seriously?” Brandon asked

Justin nodded and sighed. “Is she almost done?” he asked

As if on que, Tessa came out of the dressing room area.

"What's wrong?" she asked looking at the two men.

“Noth-“ Brandon started, but she cut him off.

“Don’t say nothing, you two don’t whisper for no reason” Tessa said firmly,

Brandon looked at her then at Justin once more.

“You got found out, they’re surrounding the back door, and Tony took off to drive around a little” Justin said, knowing not to mess with her.

She shook her head with a sigh; “I’m almost done” she said and walked back into the dressing room.

Justin looked at Brandon once more, and ran a hand through his semi grown back hair before looking out the front door of the shop. He could see people starting to gather, peeping in through the glass trying to get a glimpse of the pop star. He walked to the back of the store to let Joey know what was going on, as Brandon went back to help Tessa finish up her purchases.

By the time Tessa was ready to buy, there was a crowd surrounding the front door, flashes of lights going off as people snapped pictures.

Justin did his best to stand in front of it, to try and block what he could; he got a call from Tony stating there were still people in the back of the store but was there. He parked as close to the door as he could, and had it ready to take off when they were ready.

When Tessa thanked Karenna once more for closing early, and staying for her they headed to the back of the store. Joey and Brandon headed out first, the door opened and screams could be heard.

“Tessa!”

“Tessa, did you shop for the Grammy’s?”

“Who are you taking?”

“Any comment about your relationship with Justin?”

“Look this way!”

They put themselves on each side of the walk way, blocking anyone that they could. She grabbed Justin’s hand, holding her bag of purchases tightly.

“You okay?” he questioned,

She nodded, “Jus get me home” she said

He nodded, and thanked Karenna once more before heading out the door, his arm wrapped around Tessa protectively. The crowd broke out into a scream, as Justin quickly ushered her into the SUV.

People attempted to reach over Joey and Brandon with their cameras and were quickly pushed aside by the two men as Tessa reached the car and got in quickly. Justin turned to the two men.

“Let’s go” he said, signaling them to get in.

They did quickly, Brandon first then Joey second. Justin got into the passenger seat and as soon as the door closed, Tony took off. Everyone sighed in relief as they turned the corner; they made it out of there alive.

“Everyone alright?” Justin asked, turned in his seat to look at everyone.

“We’re good” Brandon said, holding Tessa’s hand as she looked at Justin before turning to look out the window again.

To think, this was only the beginning.

-*-

Hours later Tessa sat in her theater room trying to keep her mind of anything but what was happening in her life. The attention she was getting for this scandal was not good, not with the Grammy’s so close.

She had yet to talk to any of her girlfriends, despite the calls they all made to her cell phone, house phone, and even to Brandon. She refused to talk to any of them, one of them betrayed her and she didn’t want to hear their sorry excuses.

Brandon and Joey had yet to really talk to her, unless it had to do with her well being. She knew she betrayed their trust by getting involved with Justin, but she couldn’t help it and would not regret it.

She was laying across one of the over stuffed couches in some pajama pants and a tank top hugging a pillow to her chest as she scanned the TV.

She heard someone step into the room and she peeked her head over the couch and sighed when she saw Justin standing there.

“You ok?” he questioned

She nodded before sinking back on the couch, leaning her head against the arm. Justin took that as a hint to come into the room and he walked inside, and went to sit down on the other side of the couch, putting her feet onto his lap.

He looked at her before looking back at the TV. Despite their relationship being found out, Tessa was happy that Justin’s affection towards her did not change.

“Whatcha watching?” he asked,

She shrugged “Nothing” she said “TV is boring”

“You want me to run down and get you some movies” he suggested

Tessa smiled and looked at him, too sweet. She shook her head.

“I’ll survive” she said,

He smiled at her before turning back to the TV.

“So, what’s happening tomorrow?” she asked, it was only 2 days before the big day and she was starting to get a little bit nervous.

“Wade comes over for his last run of the choreography in the morning, and we head out to the arena to practice and do a run through” Justin said, as she began to gently massage her socked feet.

“I can’t believe it’s almost here” Tessa said looking at him.

“Felt like it would never come huh?” he questioned.

She nodded, “I kinda don’t want it to come” she whispered

Justin looked at her and sighed, he knew why. After the Grammy’s their future was unclear, they both knew that. Tessa moved her feet from his lap and crawled towards him, resting herself onto his lap as she straddled his thighs. Justin looked up at her as she leaned against him.

“Promise me you’ll stay” she whispered

He smirked, “You know I can’t promise that” he said “It’s not my decision”

“Yes it is” she said, leaning her forehead against his.

He leaned forward and pressed his lips to hers, Tessa leaned against him. He smiled and moved his hands to her hair, moving the hair from her face.

“Brandon is in charge” Justin said,

She poked her bottom lip, and Justin leaned forward taking it into his mouth as he gnawed on it. Tessa groaned as she moved herself more into his arms. Justin broke the kiss before it got too far, this would not go well with the other two men in the house.

“You’re gonna try and stay right?” Tessa asked,

Justin smirked, “I’ll try and do what I can”

Tessa sighed and laid her head against his chest as she hugged him close. Justin had his hands on her waist, holding her close too.

“Maybe, he can hire someone else and you can still be with me” she suggested “So it won’t be breaking any rules”

“I’ll be working too though” he said “And who knows where that will take me”

Tessa sighed once more as she closed her eyes, hugging him tightly. Justin smiled and leaned down to kiss her head.

“C’mon, you should go to bed” he said, “Just 2 days until the big day, you want to be rested”

“No I don’t” she pouted

He chuckled, as she sat up and looked at him. He leaned forward pressing his lips to hers once more.

“Go on” he said,

She sighed and got off of him and headed towards the door. She turned and looked at him once more before heading out the door. Justin sighed and leaned his head back against the couch closing his eyes. The next couple of days were going to be rough.
End Notes:
*&*Traci*&*

Comments? Questions? E-mail me at Spacey1141@hotmail.com
Chapter 23 by Sassy Spacey
Author's Notes:
Finally, a chapter. I have started school and I really wanted to get this done before I did that but w/ no such luck. But I've got a chapter and I'm working on more. Please let me know what you think, I appreciate it. Thanks for sticking w/ me and I hope you enjoy this chapter. Let me know :-P
Chapter 23

The morning came quickly, Wade was at the gate by 6 am and Justin was there to buzz him in. Tessa was already in some work out clothes in the dance studio awaiting his arrival.

After a few runs of the routine, Tessa had it down pat. Joey and Justin had been up early as well and were checking over the property. Unfortunately, the paparazzi were still hanging outside the Johnson estate. Brandon had been oh the phone with Mr. Blackhill and Mrs. McDonnell about the last minute Grammy plans to make sure everything was on check.

Tessa came walking out of the back of the house from the dance studio, still clad in her workout clothes and drinking out of a water bottle with Wade following behind her. At the same time, Joey and Justin came walking in through the front door.

“Everything good?” Joey asked,

Tessa nodded smiling, “I can’t believe it’s almost here” she squealed.

Justin smiled watching her, he was glad that she was getting excited about the whole thing; this was going to be good for her career any way you look at it.

Wade draped an arm over Tessa shoulders, “You’re gonna do awesome tomorrow” he assured her.

Tessa smiled “Thanks” she said “Are you gonna come to the run through?”

He glanced at his watch and winced, “I wish I could, I got about a half hour to get to a
class” he said and leaned over to kiss her cheek “I’ll be watching tomorrow,” he winked “break a leg”

Tessa smiled, as he made his way towards the door “Thanks Wade” she said

He waved before walking towards the door.

“I’ll walk you out” Joey said opening the door and Wade lead the way out with Joey following behind him.

Tessa turned to Justin as the door closed and she smiled at him.

“You alright?” he asked

She nodded, and took another drink from her bottle.

He smiled, “You gonna go in that?” he asked

She nodded, “I’m just going to get all sweaty again anyway” she said, “I’ll be fine”

Before anything else could be spoken between the two, Brandon came walking in through the back of the house.

“Are we ready to go?” he asked, “We should be there asap”

Tessa nodded and headed towards the door as Justin opened it, allowing her to step out first. Brandon gave him a look as he walked out, and Justin closed the door after securing the alarm. Tony was ready with the doors open to the car, and everyone got in and they headed on their way, the paparazzi following behind them.

-*-

The run through went well. Everything was in the right place and everyone was doing what was supposed to be done. Tessa had brought her two outfits with her to keep in the dressing room so she wouldn’t have to bring it the next day. The only one she kept was the one she was going to wear down the red carpet.

The only thing she had left to do was to go home and get ready for a little Pre-Grammy party that was being held by her management. Some of the singers and presenters for the show were getting together to hang out and have a good time at one of the hottest bar/restaurant in town. It was a chance for Tessa to get to know some of her fellow singers and maybe make some new friends.

Even though it was February and still considered winter, the weather in California was not winter weather. So Tessa came out of her room dressed in a long sparkly black dress that had skinny straps that hung off her shoulders. She curled her hair making it flow in the light breeze that blew through the Los Angeles area. She put in some black high heels and packed her small black purse and was ready to go before everyone else as she made her way down the steps of her mansion.

Maria was walking through the hallway towards the kitchen when she spotted her, and she stopped in her tracks.

“Miss Tessa” she replied, “You look beautiful”

Tessa smiled, “Thank you Maria” she said, “Where is everyone?”

Maria smiled, “Justin is out front checking over the car with Tony, and the boys are getting ready”

Tessa nodded, “Thank you” she said, “Why don’t you go ahead and take the rest of the day off”

Maria looked surprised, “Are you sure?” she asked

Tessa nodded, “I’ll be gone, there’s no reason for you to be here” she said

Maria smiled and nodded, “Thank you Miss Tessa” she headed towards the kitchen.

Tessa smiled and looked at herself in the mirror once more, before making her way out the front door. She stepped outside and spotted the two men standing by her car. They both turned to look at her as she exited the house.

Justin turned to look at her; he was dressed in black slacks, and a black dress shirt and black blazer over that, with his sunglasses over his eyes. She saw the smile grace his lips and it made her smile.

“You ready to go?” He asked,

She nodded, and made her way down the steps of her house towards the car.

“I let Maria off for the night” Tessa informed him as she climbed into the back seat of his Escalade carefully.

Justin nodded, “Where’s Brandon and Joey?” He asked,

“They should be coming” she said and looked at Justin as she sat in the car.

She really looked great, and he was trying so hard not to just move in and kiss her. Luckily he didn’t have the chance, Brandon and Joey made their way out of the house. Joey was dressed similar to Justin, with the exception of a silver tie around his neck and Brandon was dressed in as casual black suit.

“Are we ready to go?” Brandon asked, as he made his way towards the car.

Justin moved out of the way and Tessa slid more into the car, as Joey and Brandon climbed in beside her. Justin closed the door when everyone was inside the vehicle safely, and then got into the passenger seat; Tony already had the car ready.

They locked the doors and back out of the gated drive way, watching the gate close securely before they headed off towards their destination.

-*-

The place was a mad house. There were fans waiting to get inside and standing around the entrance waiting to catch a glimpse of their favorite celebrity, and you can’t forget about the paparazzi, they were hovering everywhere.

Tony got in the line of cars that were making their way towards the entrance of the place. There were reporters roped off to the side and celebrities walking down the red carpet towards the entrance.

“Are we ready?” Justin asked as he turned and looked at the people in the back seat.

All the people turned and looked at him and nodded. Tony’s car pulled up next.

“Alright, I’ll get out first and open the doors” Justin said, “Joe and Brandon you next and Tessa will come out.”

“Joey you walk up first, Brandon you stay with her, and I’ll bring up the rear” Justin said.

Justin looked out the window once more before looking at the three of them again.

“Okay, are we ready?” he asked again.

Everyone nodded. With that Justin opened the door, and people immediately knew who it was, and began to scream. Justin went to the back door, and opened it and the two men stepped out. Tessa then made her entrance, the crowd went wild again.

Tessa turned to the crowd and waved with a smile.

Joey began his journey down the carpet, with Brandon and Tessa following, and Justin bringing up the rear. They made their way into the room where the music and pumping the liquor was flowing. Brandon and Tessa made the rounds while Joey and Justin stood close by keeping an eye on them.

The night was going smoothly; there had been no threats and no crazy fans who had made their way into the party. Tessa was having a good time mingling with fellow artists and was even brought on stage to do some Karaoke with some of the other girls.

She walked off the dance floor ready for a drink, and walked towards the bar. Justin was sitting there watching her, sipping water. She smiled and went and sat down next to him ordering a Long Island Iced Tea.

“Hey” she said,

He looked at her and smiled, “Having a good time?” he asked

She nodded; “The girls are great” she said and took a sip of her tea.

“Good” he said,

“Are you enjoying yourself?” she asked

He smirked, “I’m not supposed to be” he said,

She looked at him, “I wish we could dance” she said

He took a drink from his bottle and turned to her.

“You’ll be fine” he said “Have some fun ok?”

She sighed and nodded, taking a final sip of her drink. She turned and got up once again and headed to the dance floor without a word.

The party was starting to die down some hours later, and Tessa was ready to head home. She gathered her entourage and they headed to the front door, Justin had called Tony and told him to be there. Brandon and Tessa were linking arms and laughing about their night, as Joey walked ahead of them and Justin behind them.

Tony was already parked out front and Joey opened the door and Tessa got in first, with Brandon and Joey behind her. Justin closed the door and then got in the passenger seat and they headed off towards the Hollywood Hills home for the night.
End Notes:
*&*Traci*&*
Comments?? Questions?? E-mail me at Spacey1141@hotmail.com
Chapter 24 by Sassy Spacey
Author's Notes:
I'm back! School is done, and I plan on finishing this story during winter break. I've got the rest of the story outlined, so I know what I have to write I jus have to write it :) Thanks to all of you who've stuck by me and I hope you like this chapter, let me know what you think :)
Chapter 24

The next day came quickly with the preparation for the Grammy’s. Tessa woke up early and went on a morning run with Justin and then headed back into the house to relax.

Justin got changed and headed over to where the Grammy’s was being held to look over security while Joey stayed with Tessa.

They sat around, and watched movies and just talked; something that they hadn’t done since he found out about Justin.

They were sitting in the theater room, the TV on low as they snacked.

“So how are things Joe?” Tessa asked as she sipped on her water.

Joey looked at her, “They’re fine” he said simply.

Tessa nodded as she turned and looked at the TV once again.

“Did you have fun last night?” she asked, “At the party”

“I didn’t do much but watch the exit,” he said “but it was okay”

“Sorry, usually you’d be able to party” she said.

He shook his head, “It’s about keeping you safe Tessa, that’s my job” he said.

Tessa nodded, “I know, it’s always been your job but before you could come out and party with me” she said

“What Justin says goes” Joey said, “He’s about keeping you safe, and so am I”

Tessa looked back over at him again, as she bit her bottom lip.

“Are you still mad at me for that?” she asked him.

Joey shook his head, “It doesn’t matter what I say, you’re going to do whatever you want to” he replied.

Tessa stuck her bottom lip out in a pout.

“Joey!” she whined.

He turned and looked at her.

“He’s not worth losing your life over” he said, “Having you be connected to him like that puts a risk on your life”

“I love him Joey” Tessa said, as she moved herself next to him on the couch. “I know it sounds crazy, but I love him”

Joey remained silent as Tessa continued to watch him.

“I’m not like you guys, where you get to go out and meet people and have a good time” she said “Most of the time when I meet people, I have to think about their motive”

A smile crept on her lips “Justin’s only motive was to protect me,” she said “and for some unexplained reason, we connected”

“Yeah, but that connection could kill you” Joey said

Tessa smiled and shook her head, “He cares about me as much as I care about him” she said “He won’t let anything happen to me”

“He better not” Joey said, still unsure.

Tessa moved herself closer to Joey and leaned over to wrap her arms around him in a tight hug.

“I love you Joe” she said, “You’re my Joey bear”

He wrapped his arms around her hugging her tightly.

“I love you like you’re my own blood” he whispered.

Tessa smiled. She broke the hug and sat up more comfortably next to him.

“Now, let’s jus enjoy the rest of the day ok?” she asked.

Joey nodded with a chuckle as he turned back to the TV. He reached for the remote and began to change the channel. Tessa watched him with a smile, things would be okay.

-*-

The time had arrived. Tessa headed up to her room to start getting ready for the Grammy’s, while the men went to change into their black suits they had picked out for the event.

Justin made his way from the patrol room, donned in his black suit and black sunglasses to match. He had his gun strapped under his jacket, and his cell phone in hand. He wanted a chance to see Tessa before Brandon came in to make sure she was ready. So he quickly walked up the front steps into the house.

The house was silent, so he took it as a sign that Brandon had yet to enter. He quickly closed the door and made his way up the stairs to Tessa’s bedroom at the end of the hall way.

He could hear her singing to a song that was playing on her radio and he smiled as he knocked on the door lightly.

“Come in!” she called.

Justin opened the door, and poked his head in.

“Hey baby” she said with a smile as she walked out of the bathroom that was connected.

He smiled as he walked in, and closed the door behind him. He looked her up and down; she was dressed in a dark red short tube top dress that hugged her in all the right places. It went down to her mid thighs and she had her hair pinned up and her dark eye makeup and red lips were captivating.

Tessa turned around in a circle and then looked at him with a smile.

“You like it?” she asked,

He nodded, but still didn’t say anything. Tessa giggled and made her way towards him, wrapping her arms around his neck as she leaned up to brush her kiss against his. Justin’s hand went to her cheek to hold her face in place as he kissed her deeply.

She groaned, and then broke the kiss and looked at him, and reached up to pull the sunglasses off his face to see his eyes and rested them onto his head.

“I got you something” he said.

Tessa smiled at him as he reached into his pocket and pulled out a medium sized jewelry box. Tessa looked at the box then at him, and smiled as she took it and sat down on the side of the bed with the box in her hands and Justin moved to sit down next to her.

“You didn’t have to get me anything” she said

He smiled, as the box left his hands and went into hers and he leaned over to kiss her cheek. She turns to him and smiled again before putting the box on her lap and untying the ribbon and opening the small box.

Justin watched in anticipation, his tongue reaching out to lick at his dry lips. She gasped as she pulled out the gold necklace that had a medium sized heart pendent attached with what looked like a single red stone in the middle.

“Oh it’s beautiful” she said with a smile as she turned to look at him.

He watched her, and reached out to take the necklace, unlatching the lock and putting it around her neck.

“This red stone, it’s a panic button that leads right to this censor” he clasped the latch before reaching into his suit pocket and pulled out black object, that looked like a pager, holding it up to show her.

Tessa looked at the object before turning to look at Justin, her eyes meeting his.

“If you need me, you touch that button and I will be your side before you can say Grammy” he finished.

Tessa leaned over to press her lips against his; not really carrying if her make up would get messed up because all that mattered was that he cared about her as much as she cared about him. Justin’s hand went to rest on her cheek again as he deepened the kiss”not being able to control himself.

There was a knock on the door a minute later that cause the kiss to break suddenly, and they both turned towards the door.

“Tess, we’re about ready” Brandon’s voice came from the other side.

They turned to look at each other again, and Justin pressed his lips to hers once more before they both stood up. Tessa turned to look at Justin once more but couldn’t help that giggle that escaped her lips.

“You’ve got red on your lips, you better go wipe it off” she whispered.

Justin’s hand immediately went to his lips as he turned and made his way into the bathroom.

“Tessa” came another call from the other side of the door.

Tessa rolled her eyes and walked towards the door and pulled it open.

Brandon was there dressed in a black suit identical to the one Justin had on.

“Hey” he said, “Nice necklace where’d you get it?”

Tessa immediately reached up to touch it.

“Justin gave it to me” she said

Before Brandon could say anything, Justin emerged from the bathroom his sun glasses now over his eyes. Brandon looked up at him kind of shocked, before turning back to Tessa.

“It’s a censor; all I have to do is push it if something happens and Justin gets a message and is on his way” she said holding it out “Isn’t it beautiful?”

Brandon looks at it before turning to look at Justin, who is still wiping at his lips.

“I’ve got the other half here” Justin said patting his chest.

“Well, we better get going don’t want to be late” he said, before turning to Tessa again. “Do you have everything?”

She nodded and went to the bed to pick up her small purse, and makes her way towards the entrance taking Brandon’s hand as they head down the stairs. Justin follows behind them as they walk down the stairs.

There’s was a limo outside the front door, Tony wouldn’t be there until she was going home”he would be waiting for her at the drop off at the end of the night. Joey was outside talking to the driver when the three made their way outside. He looked up, donned in the black suit like the other two men and black sunglasses over his eyes, he smiled.

“Look at you” he said with a whistle.

Tessa smiled and made her way down the steps, “Do I look ok Joe?”

He laughed and walked towards her and kissed her cheek lightly, “You look great” he said, “C’mon lets go before we’re late”

With that the limo driver opened the door, Tessa made her way in first then Brandon and Joey. Justin made sure everyone was secure before he got into the passenger seat of the limo and the driver started up the limo and they headed out of the secured property.

As they got closer to the venue Justin reached into his other pocket, and took out the walkie talkie he had tucked away before turning to look at the crowd in the back.

“You guys got yours?” he asked and held it up.

Joey and Brandon each reached into their pockets and held out their own walkie talkies.

“Ok, channel 8” Justin replied as he turned on his device.

The other guys did the same thing, and put them back into their pockets. Pretty soon they pulled up into the line of other limos and cars that were lined up outside the red carpet.

There were fans in the stands going crazy as the celebrities got out of their limos and made their way to the carpet. The news crews were everywhere, interviewing whoever they could get to stop and say hi.

Justin turned to them again as they neared the front of the line.

“Let’s do the same formation as last night at the club” Justin said, “It seemed to work”

They all nodded their heads in agreement and Justin continued.

“We’re only talking to Pat O’Brian from the INSIDER since CBS has been really good about all the security and everything” he said, looking at each of them.

All three nodded and the limo came to a stop. Joey and Brandon were wishing Tessa luck when Justin made his way out of the door; once again as he stepped out the screams erupted from the people around. As soon as Justin opened the door, the crowd went crazy again.

Joey made his way out of the limo, and then Brandon who turned over to offer his hand to Tessa who took it and stepped out of the limo. As she stepped out she turned to the crowd and waved and smiled to them like usual. Justin closed the limo door and patted the hood and it took off.

Justin turned towards the carpet, and followed Brandon and Tessa as they made their way down the red carpet with Joey leading the way. She did what she did best, waving and smiling at the crowd and the paparazzi.

After some mingling with some people she made her way towards the front of the building where the camp for INSIDER was hanging out. Brandon and Tessa immediately got into conversation with Pat while Justin stayed behind them watching the people around and Joey was in front watching the entrance.

“So how excited are you about tonight Tessa?” Pat asked, as he stood in front of her mic in hand.

Tessa smiled at him, “I’m very excited, it’s such an honor to be put in the same categories as some of these people” she said

“Since there has been so much going on with your life right now, are you nervous at all about the people attending the show tonight?” he continued.

Tessa knew what he was getting at, and she tried her best to answer.

“CBS has been wonderful about the extra security that I’ve insisted on having” she said with a smile and turned into the camera “Thank you CBS for making sure this night will be one for me to remember”

Pat smiled before asking more questions. They were typical ones, about the dress she was wearing, her preparations for the show, etc. Surprisingly, there were no questions about her relationship which she was thankful for but she answered all the ones she could truthfully as possible.

Finally it was time to go, Joey cleared the way and Brandon and Tessa followed while Justin brought up the rear again. They got inside and it was a little bit calmer, only people who were supposed to be in there were in there and people were mingling and talking trying to find their seats.

Justin walked over to Joey and patted his shoulder.

“I’m going to check backstage,” he said “Make sure she gets to her seat”

Joey nodded “Will do” he said, “I’ll see you backstage”

Justin nodded and took off into the crowd, making his way backstage to check everything again before the real show began.
End Notes:
*&*Traci*&*
Comments? Questions? E-mail me at Spacey1141@hotmail.com
Chapter 25 by Sassy Spacey
Author's Notes:
Okay here's another chapter. Sorry it wasn't posted sooner, I had a family friend die last week and it was kind of a shock to everyone. I'm about to have an emotional weekend so I thought I'd post this before that. Thanks to all of you who are reading and reviewing. I've got about 5 chapters left, so here's the next one let me know what you think. :)
Chapter 25

Justin made his way back stage, talking to his fellow bodyguards and checking over everything again like he had in the morning when he checked the property. There were a lot of people there, but that had been expected he nodded to each guard standing by every door before he made his way back towards where Tessa would be sitting.

Brandon and Tessa were talking with some of the girls she had met the night before at the Grammy party while Joey was keeping an eye on the room as he had been told. He spotted Justin making his way towards him with a young blonde women, who was dressed in a skirt suit and had on black rimmed glasses.

“Everything ok?” he asked,

Justin nodded, “Everything seems to be okay now, I checked all the doorways and everyone is in place”

Joey nodded “Good” he said, “Everything seems to be okay in here, we’re gonna stat any minute” he said.

“Joe, this is Emily” Justin said pointing the women by his side, “She’s gonna basically be in charge of coming to get Tessa when it’s time to go on stage for her performance and presenting.”

Joey stuck his hand out to the women, “Nice to meet you Emily” he said,

She smiled at him and shook his hand, “Like wise” she replied.

“When they get going, you stay here with Tessa and Brandon. Emily will come up and tell her to get ready for her performance” he started “Head down with Tessa to her dressing room and stay with her until she goes on stage, I’ll be on the other end”

Joey nodded, “Got it” he said,

“I’m going back to wait back stage” Justin said, “I’ll see you”

Joey nodded before going back to where Tessa and Brandon were talking. Justin and Emily made their way towards the backstage area again. Justin turned and glanced at Tessa as she laughed at something one of the people said and he made his way to the stage.

-*-

The show had started; everyone was down in their seats as the host came out to get the party started. Joey had done what he was told and stayed next to Tessa while Justin had been backstage.

About a half hour into the show, Emily came out and told Tessa she needed to get ready she would be performing after the break.

Joey and Tessa made their way backstage while Brandon stayed in their seats. They were walking to the backstage, following the usher.

“Where’s Justin?” she asked turning to Joey.

“He’s backstage already” he said “He’ll be on the other side of the stage while you perform”

Tessa smiled as she reached up to hold onto her heart pendant careful not to push the button or Justin would come running.

“Can you see if he’ll come see me before I go on?” She asked looking at him once again.

“I’ll see what I can do” he said as they reached the dressing room door.

He walked inside first to check out the room before walking back out and deeming that it was safe for her to go in. She walked inside and Joey stood outside waiting for her to be ready.

There were so many people running around trying to get everything together for the show but it had gone well so far. Joey hadn’t left his spot, but he continued to look around the area. He spotted Justin talking to one of the guys and waved him over.

Justin made his way towards him, “Everything ok?” he asked.

Joey nodded, “She’s getting ready, she wanted to see you before she went on though” he said.

Justin looked at him a minute, shocked that he even suggested it would be okay for him to see her. He nodded and made his way towards the door and knocked lightly. When he heard Tessa’s voice, he opened the door and poked his head inside.

Tessa turned from her chair in front of her vanity and smiled at him.

“Hey” she said,

He walked into the room the rest of the way and closed the door behind him and made his way towards her.

“You almost ready?” he asked,

She took a deep breath and stood up turning to look at him.

“How do I look?” she questioned.

He looked her up and down, she had on a mini jean skirt and a frilly red shirt her hair down and loose for the quick dance number she was going to do. She still had on the necklace Justin had given her, and it matched perfectly.

“Great” he said and leaned in to kiss her lips lightly.

Tessa reached up and wrapped her arms around him, hugging him tightly. Justin’s arms went around her, hugging her close to him as he buried his face into her hair, smelling her perfume.

“You feeling ok?” he asked, “no weird feelings or anything?”

She broke the hug and looked up at him, her arms still wrapped around his neck.

“No” she said, “How’s everything out there?”

He chuckled, “I have everything under control” he explained, “You jus go out there and do your thing ok? Joey and I will be right there”

She nodded, and leaned forward to press her lips to his again. They broke the kiss and Justin watched her and leaned forward to kiss her forehead again, his hand moving to hold her cheek as he watched her. Tessa sighed and closed her eyes, feeling safe.

-*-

Joey stood outside Tessa’s dressing room, keeping his eyes peeled. There were so many people running around it was hard to imagine that this much work went into putting on a show.

He crossed his arms over his chest, scanning the room for the millionth time. He spotted a familiar face making their way around the crowd, his eye brows scrunching in confusion.

The familiar person had made his way towards him, and glanced over at Joey as he walked by.

The guy’s name came to him instantly,

“David?” he questioned.

David stopped walking and looked at Joey, “Hey…” he said, “Joey right?”

Joey nodded, “What are you doin here?” he asked,

David smiled, “I’m here with a client, checking the place over” he explained.

Joey nodded, “Oh” he said,

“So since you’re here, that must mean Justin and Tessa are around somewhere” David said, glancing at the closed door Joey was standing in front of.

Joey nodded, “She’s about to perform” he said,

David nodded, “Well if you see Justin tell him I said hi” he said, “I should get going though”

Joey nodded and David took off into the crowd of people. Joey watched him walk away, something wasn’t right. He remembered David at the party in Miami, and he also remembered escorting David out of Tessa’s room that night as well.

He tried to push the thoughts aside as he continued to stand guard at Tessa’s door, waiting for Emily to come and tell them that it was time for her to go on.

-*-

Tessa and Justin stayed in the embrace for a few minutes before there was a knock on the door, and Joey’s voice called.

“They need you on stage now Tess” Joey called,

Justin turned to Tessa and leaned in to kiss her once more, he couldn’t get enough of her tonight. Tessa watched him and smiled.

“You better go” Justin said,

She nodded and checked herself over in the mirror once more, before Justin made his way towards the door, he opened it and stepped out with Tessa following him.

Emily took Joey and Tessa down to the side of the stage where she would be entering while Justin made his way back towards the other side of the stage to watch her.

The music started and Tessa was announced, the lights went low and music came on. Tessa made her way onto the stage waving at the crowd as the beat started. She turned to the side where she knew Justin was and winked at him before starting her routine.

-*-

Joey and Justin stood on each side of the stage watching as Tessa entertained the crowd like she did best. The crowd went wild, and by the time she was done she had the biggest smile on her face, nothing could ruin this night.

She waved to the crowd once more before exiting the stage where Justin had been standing. She smiled big at him, fighting the urge to hug him tightly as he escorted her back to her dressing room where she would refresh before heading back to her seat.

Justin gave her a wink as he closed the door and stood in front of it waiting for Joey to make his way towards them, then he would move back to his post by the stage.

The time had come for them to announce the best new comer of the year. The winner of the awards from the year before was on stage with his dialogue and the envelope with the winner inside.

They went through the small video of all the nominess before he said those famous words.

“And the winner is…”

Tessa gripped Brandon’s hand tightly smiling.

“Tessa Johnson”

Tessa squealed as she reached over and hugged Brandon as clapping irrupted around the arena. She got up and began to make her way to the stage, as she made her way to the podium she waved at the crowd and smiled blowing kisses at them.

She reached the podium and received her award, hugging the presenter and then turned to the crowd.

“Wow” she said, and laughed.

The crowd continued to clap and cheer for her.

“Thank you all so much, I am jus overwhelmed”

She took a look at the award before turning back to crowd, “Never in a million years did I think I would win, but I have and it feels great” she could feel the tears starting to fall down her cheeks as she wiped them quickly.

“I want to thank my family, thank you for pushing me when I needed it, Mom I love you. My boys: Brandon, Joey, Justin, you guys keep me safe all the time, thank you so much. My management, thank you for giving me the opportunity to try everything I wanted to and staying behind me 100%. Oh of course the fans, I would be nothing without you guys, Thank you!”

The music had started, and the lights dimmed as Tessa turned and started to walk off the stage holding her award tightly. She made her way towards the end where Joey was and rushed to him hugging him tightly.

“We did it Joe” she squealed,

He chuckled and hugged her close, “You did it honey, this was all you” he said.

She smiled as she broke the hug and showed him the award. Emily came up and escorted her to an interview area where all the stars went after they win. She sat and talked with Pat O’Brien and did a little more talking about her award and things before she was taken back to her seat.

Things had been okay so far. The show had gone well, and there had been no suspicions about anyone, things were going well. The time had come for Tessa to go on stage and present an award, she had been gotten by Emily again and Joey headed with her to the dressing room so she could change for the last time before heading to the stage to present.

Emily came over to get her once again, and she headed to the side of the stage with Joey by her side when the host announced her. She gave Joey a wink before heading back onto the stage with the envelope in hand.

Justin stood on the other side of the stage watching her as she gave him a wink before stepping up to the podium. She had been a little nervous to stand in front of all these people to announce the winner, even though she had just performed and won something about being alone up there made her nervous.

She kept glancing at Justin, her hand reaching up the hold onto the pendent. Justin looked out onto the crowd, something was making her nervous. He watched her closely, looking across the stage at Joey who was scanning the crowd as well noticing Tessa’s discomfort.

Joey took out his walkie talkie, signaling to Justin.

“Something’s not right” Joey said into the device.

“I know,” Justin replied back, “Keep your eyes peeled”

As Tessa continued her speech off the teleprompter Justin noticed a figure standing in the shadows in the back of the stage. He watched it a minute, waiting for it to move before speaking into the walkie talkie again.

“Joe, there’s someone behind you to your left, in the back” Justin said, keeping an eye on the figure.

Joey turned slowly glancing behind him but the figure had disappeared.

“He’s gone” Justin said back,

“Do you want me to go look for him?” Joey questioned.

“Jus take a quick look” Justin said, “Then come right back”

Joey gave him the thumbs up before turning and heading towards the back of the stage to take a look around. Joey made his way around the back of the stage, not noticing anything out of place as Tessa continued her little talk.

Then he saw something, something in the back of the stage”a figure.

“Hello?” he called, “no one’s aloud back here”

He heard the sound of heavy breathing, as he was walking around in the dark something came at him, hitting him in the back of the head and he went down with a thump.

The figure came out of the dark and saw Joey lying knocked out on the floor, and pulled him into the dark out of view. The figure then made his way towards the stage again; this was his chance to get Tessa once and for all.

By the time he reached the stage, Tessa had finished announcing the award and was making her way towards him. The plan was perfect, he waiting behind the curtain for her to walk by and then he would grab her.

Tessa didn’t have a clue as she walked behind the curtain heading back to her dressing room, she turned and spotted the figure but before she had a chance to do anything her mouth was covered with a gloved hand and she was dragged off into the darkness.

As she flailed she reached up for her necklace, her fingers skimming the pedant setting off the censor in Justin’s jacket and he looked up across the stage at her. He noticed her flailing arms and saw her being dragged. Justin spoke into the walkie talkie,

“We have an emergency, Tessa has been captured everyone to their exits”

As if his announcement went public, people panicked the place turned into chaos people running around. Justin ran across the stage to try and get to Tessa before she was dragged out of one of the side doors, where a car had been waiting and had taken off by the time Justin reached the exit.

She was gone, Justin had failed.
End Notes:
*&*Traci*&*

Comments? Questions? E-mail me at Spacey1141@hotmail.com
Chapter 26 by Sassy Spacey
Author's Notes:
Another chapter, faster then the last one. Well school starts for me again next week, unfortunatly I didn't have a chance to finish the story before then. BUT, I do plan on finishing it. After this chapter I have 3 chapters left (one of which is written already) and an epilogue ... then I'm done. I'll see what I can de before school gets too busy. Thanks to ALL of you who have read and reviewed, hope you're enjoying the story. Please let me know what you think. :)
Chapter 26

After Justin made the announcement that Tessa had been taken the place went crazy. The media had a field day trying to get word from anyone that would talk about the incident.

Justin was able to reach Joey and get him up and on his feet before gathering Brandon and heading back to Tessa’s mansion before calling Johnny. They had created a search team and were working together on the best way to reach Tessa.

Joey refused to go to the hospital, he insisted on heading to Tessa’s house and trying to find her before taking care of himself, which was just like him.

They sat around the main table in the dinning room trying to come up with anything that could help them reach Tessa.

Justin was looking out the window of the living room watching the sun sinking down behind the mountains. He had to reach Tessa someway, he had felt her push the censor but just the one time at the awards, after that he hadn’t felt a thing.

That scared him, he didn’t know if it was because it was broken or worse, something had happened to her. If anything did, he would never forgive himself.

He sighed for the millionth time as he ran a hand over his shaved head and closed his eyes taking a breath. He almost jumped out of his skin when he heard someone cough behind him. He turned quickly and spotted Johnny standing there.

Justin looked at him, before turning back to the window crossing his arms over his chest. Johnny took this opportunity to move closer to Justin and stood beside him.

“You doin ok?” Johnny asked,

Justin shrugged, “How would you feel?” he asked,

“Yeah, I wouldn’t feel good either” he said and chuckled a little.

Justin half smiled, this wasn’t something to laugh at. There was silence between them for a few minutes before Johnny spoke again.

“We’re gonna find her Justin” he said, reaching out to rest his hand on Justin’s shoulder.

“I failed her” Justin responded, “I told her I wouldn’t let anything happen to her, I promised”

“Well, you know you shouldn’t have promised” Johnny replied, “But we’ll find her, I promise”

Justin turned to look at him, “You shouldn’t promise that to me” he said, “You know I’ll take it seriously”

Johnny nodded, “I know” he said “So do I”

Justin sighed again, “She’s got to be okay” he said, “I don’t know what I’ll do if she’s not”

“She will be” Johnny said,

Before Justin could respond, Johnny’s cell phone went off and Johnny answered it quickly,

“This is Johnny”

Justin watched him as Johnny made his way outside to talk on the phone.


-*-

Tessa didn’t remember anything that happened to her, all she knew is that she was lying on some sort of lumpy mattress and she was freezing.

Her head ached, like she had been hit over the back of the head with something. Her eyes started to flutter open but closed when she felt the pain rush to her eyes.

She hissed as she reached up to hold her head, the pain not going away.

The room was dark except for a small sliver of light from the bottom of a door on the other side of the room.

She sat up on the mattress the cold air running over her body, as she shivered. All she was dressed in was the dress to wore to the Grammy’s, and it had been torn from who knows what.

She could feel the tears starting to build in her eyes when the realization that she had no idea where she was, and who she was with. She could feel her breath starting to quicken as panic took over her, and the tears began to spill from her eyes.

Where was she?

She reached up to wipe the tears from her eyes and sniffled. It was cold, she didn’t know if she could survive. She reached up and felt for the necklace, feeling it dangle around her neck and she took it off quickly running her fingers over the pendent.

She knew it was broken, but she couldn’t help but think Justin would find her anyway. He had too, she would die without him.

She sat up on the mattress and sniffled again, holding onto the pendent tightly. He had to find her; he was too good at his job not too.

She felt around the mattress before sitting back against the wooded wall curling her legs around her and closing her eyes, maybe sleeping her time away will make it go faster.

-*-

Justin watched Johnny close his phone before rushing back into the house opening the door.

“Justin…” he said before turning to look at him, “We got him”

Justin watched him in shock a minute the words not registering yet. Johnny wasted no time and headed into the dinning room to give the other guys his news with Justin following him.

“We got a hit” Johnny says to the men sitting at the table, “The glue used on the letters can only be bought in one place, a craft store in Big Bear”

With those words Justin’s heart sinks, Big Bear, it’s a wonder someone came into her room he lead her right to him. Both Joey and Brandon looked at Justin in shock for a minute,

“What’s the next plan on action?” Brandon asked as he looked at the two men standing.

“I say we head up, talk to the store owner and see where that leads” Johnny said,

“I can call my dad and have him take a look around” Justin said too the men as he began to pull out his phone.

“Joe and I will get the car ready, let’s head out the traffic is gonna be crazy” Brandon said as he got up with Joey and they headed to the car to get it ready.

Johnny got on his phone and began making plans to get squads up to Big Bear, while Justin got out his cell phone and called his dad.

He stood outside; pacing the front porch with the phone to his ear, when the ringing stopped and Paul’s voice came over the line.

“Hello”

“Dad, it’s me” Justin began “We got a hit”

“What is it?” asked Paul.

“The glue this guy used could only be sold at the craft store in town; she’s got to be around there somewhere a secluded house or something”

“Do you want me to start looking?”

“If you could” Justin started, “I feel like sucha idiot I lead her right to him”

“You didn’t,” Paul started “You had no idea, and no one blames you. I’m sure that she doesn’t blame you either”

There was silence as Justin sighed in frustration bringing his hand to his hair and running his hand through it.

“We’re gonna use your house as head quarters, is that alright?” Justin asked.

“Of course” Paul replied, “I’m going to take Sandy and we’re gonna go have a look around ok?”

“Okay Dad, thanks”

“You’re welcome, jus calm down Justin” Paul started “She’s gonna be okay”

They both hung up and Justin headed towards the Escalade that Brandon and Joey were getting into. Justin got into the drivers seat, he had to drive or he would go crazy thinking about things on the way up. Johnny made his way out of the house hanging up his phone and got into the passenger seat.

“My dad said we could use his house for head quarters” Justin said as Johnny buckled up.

Johnny nodded, “Let’s head to the craft store and see what kind of information we can get before making the next move” he said.

Justin started and car and began to reverse out of the driveway watching the gates close before heading towards the highway and to Big Bear.

-*-

Paul hung up the phone and immediately whistled for Sandy and began to put on his winter coat and his gloves. Sandy rushed to his side as Paul grabbed his keys and opened the front door as they made their way outside.

Paul began to make his way around the area with Sandy by his side. He wasn’t going to be able to stay out long because Justin and the guys would be there soon but he wanted to see if he could get a head start at looking at places so that the team didn’t have too.

Sandy rushed ahead of him, sniffing his way around the rural area and looking for anything that was out of place.

The drive to Big Bear took a while, there wasn’t much any of the guys could do but sit back and just wait for them to reach their destination.

Some 4 hours later they reached Big Bear as the sun was setting. Justin knew that once the sun set most of the stores around the area closed down, it was just how things worked around there.

They reached the craft store as the owner was locking up the doors. All four guys stepped out of the Escalade, Justin leading them.

“Mrs. White, do you have a minute?” Justin asked,

The older lady turned from the door and spotted the four men making their way towards her. She spotted Justin immediately,

“Justin honey, what are you doin up here?” she questioned.

Justin looked at her, “It’s a long story but could I ask you a few questions about some items in your store” he asked.

Debbie looked at the four men standing before her, and knew something wasn’t right. Usually she’d tell them to come back the next day, but something about this situation wasn’t right. She nodded before opening the door for the four men to make their way into the store.

“What’s going on boys?” Debbie asked as she locked up the door behind the four men.

“You know the girl I brought up here a week ago?” Justin began,

Debbie nodded, “The singer or whatever?” she questioned.

Justin nodded, “She had been receiving threatening letters, and he used this specific kind of glue”he started, “Glue that could only be found at this store”

Debbie watched the men before she turned back to Justin.

“Because of what’s in that glue we have to keep track of how anyone who buys it” Debbie started as she made her way behind the counter and began to click away at a computer.

“What kind of information do you keep?” Johnny asked,

Debbie clicked away on the computer before turning back to the men, “Names, addresses, and how they pay for it”

“Can we get a print out of the list?” Justin asked anxiously, it was a long shot.

Debbie sighed before pressing the button on her printer and began to load paper onto it.

“You know I would never do this for anyone else Justin” Debbie said as she clicked away on the computer.

“I understand” Justin said sighing, “And I appreciate it”

Debbie nodded before turning to the printer as it spat out a three pages. She handed them over to Justin who took them with a smile.

“Be careful ok boys?” she said seriously

Justin handed the papers to Johnny before turning back to Debbie.

“I really appreciate this” Justin said, “Thank you so much”

She nodded, “Now get goin, I have a store to close up” she shooed them.

They all made their way to the door and Justin was the last one out, and he turned and waved at her once more. As he closed the door he turned to the three men who were pouring over the list.

“It’s too dark to get anything done tonight” Justin announced, “Why don’t we head back to my dad’s, grab a bite and go over a plan”

The men nodded in agreement and then piled back into the car heading back to Paul’s to set up camp for the night.
End Notes:
*&*Traci*&*

Comments? Questions? E-mail me at Spacey1141@hotmail.com
This story archived at http://nsync-fiction.com/archive/viewstory.php?sid=6