Angel by Mere
Summary: He was a pop star, she was just a regular girl, but when a change job threw them together, their relationship became more than they could ever imagine. (my first fan fic, I was young and had never experienced in any type of relationship/love, so please be gentle when throwing the tomatoes)
Categories: Completed Het Stories Characters: Justin Timberlake
Awards: None
Genres: Drama, Romance
Challenges: None
Series: Angel Series
Chapters: 27 Completed: Yes Word count: 152310 Read: 88551 Published: Feb 26, 2008 Updated: Feb 26, 2008

1. Chapter 1 by Mere

2. Chapter 2 by Mere

3. Chapter 3 by Mere

4. Chapter 4 by Mere

5. Chapter 5 by Mere

6. Chapter 6 by Mere

7. Chapter 7 by Mere

8. Chapter 8 by Mere

9. Chapter 9 by Mere

10. Chapter 10 by Mere

11. Chapter 11 by Mere

12. Chapter 12 by Mere

13. Chapter 13 by Mere

14. Chapter 14 by Mere

15. Chapter 15 by Mere

16. Chapter 16 by Mere

17. Chapter 17 by Mere

18. Chapter 18 by Mere

19. Chapter 19 by Mere

20. Chapter 20 by Mere

21. Chapter 21 by Mere

22. Chapter 22 by Mere

23. Chapter 22 (cont) by Mere

24. Chapter 23 by Mere

25. Chapter 24 by Mere

26. Chapter 25 by Mere

27. Chapter 26 by Mere

Chapter 1 by Mere

Chapter 1

 

It was a couple weeks before Christmas and Meredith was in her room wrapping gifts. She was immersed in a mixture of silver, gold, reds, greens, and whites. It was always her job, every Christmas, to wrap all the presents, even her own. She was very content by herself, listening to Nat King Cole on the radio when her mother came up and handed her a small box, taped on all sides.

 

"This one is from us to you. Don’t open it."

 

She took the small box and looked at it carefully before beginning to shake it. "Yes ma'am. Hmm..."

 

"Don’t shake it!"

 

She tossed it on the floor and continued with the other gift she was wrapping at the time. "Gift Certificate or Money. Thanks mom."

 

Her mother shook her head. "You're horrible."

 

"Thanks!"

 

Her mom left her there and she spent the next few hours finishing her wrapping. She was content with herself. Christmas was her favorite time and she tried not to let it get to her that it would all be over with soon and she'd have to wait a whole year for it to come again.

 

Christmas came and her gift turned out not to be what she had expected. Instead it was a piece of paper folded neatly in an envelope that looked very prestigious and professional. Her dad encouraged her to read it when she gave them all a confusing look.

 

She read the letter aloud and when she was done she looked at her parents and sister confused to pieces. "What does this mean?"

 

Her father rested his ankle on his knee and cocked his head to the side. "Well Johnny Wright is a college buddy of mine and has made a fortune managing music acts. I asked him for a favor. So, if you'll accept you'll be working for him this summer, as soon as school is out."

 

She scoffed and rolled her eyes at her father already making plans for her. "Thanks for running it by me."

 

"It's in Florida. You'll be away from home. Johnny is like a brother to me-"

 

"I've never heard you mention him before."

 

He sat up a bit and stared at his daughter. "Do you think I'd let you go down there if I didn’t think it was safe?"

 

"True." She was uncomfortable with all this. She didn’t really feel good in new situations with new people and knew that if she said no her parents would some how force her to go. They were always trying to get to out of the house. She liked being a hermit. She liked being alone.

 

But maybe it was time for a change.

 

Her older sister’s bubbly voice spoke from the floor, where she was sitting Indian style. "Think of it Mere! You'll get to meet Britney Spears and Nsync and all those cool people."

 

"Joy!" She said sarcastically.

 

"Alright Alright, so do you want to do it or not? If you don’t accept it you know you'll be finding yourself a job here."

 

Here came the forcing. "Ewww."

 

"Exactly."

 

She shrugged and nonchalantly threw the letter and box it came in on the floor. "What do I have to loose eh?"

 

"That's the spirit." Her mom said.

 

She had a weird feeling about this. It would be 4 months away when she would go and meet Johnny and the rest of the people she would be working for and with. But she knew, somehow, this would change her.

 

And she didn’t know if that was a good thing or a bad thing.

 

------------------------------------

A few weeks later

 

She couldn’t sleep. A nightmare she had long tried to forget had come back to haunt her. And now she as lying in bed, sweating, afraid to close her eyes and have it continue.

 

She had to stop it.

 

She swung herself out of bed, went to the bathroom and fixed herself a bottle of water. She took a sip and looked at herself in the mirror. She looked horrible. Her eyes were sunken in, her face was pale and her face looked too thin, too stretched, too old for her 17 year old self. She blindly opened one of the drawers below her sink and pulled out 2 orange bottles. Her hands shook as she pried the caps open and she only felt better once she had swallowed a dosage and gulped down the rest of her water.

 

She tried going back to sleep, but sleep failed.

 

She resorted to flipping on the TV and channel surfing. She landed on MTV and was met with her future bosses. She wondered how they were in person. If they acted as silly on camera as in real life? Did they look the same? Were they stuck up? She really didn’t listen too much of their music but occasionally found a song of theirs peppy.

 

She couldn’t believe little old her would soon be in their midst. She had never met anyone famous before and these guys were more than famous. They were international celebrities.

 

She was nervous now, but she forgot her dream.

 

Instead of going to sleep she stayed up another hour, watching late night rerun of this boy band playing at a ski resort.

 

------------------

Early May

 

It had been almost 3 months and about 10 personally one on one phone calls to Orlando later, that here she was, little Meredith on a plane ride to Orlando. She was unusually calm, and once she had left her parents at the gate and boarded, she felt empowered and her own individual. Maybe this would be really good for her. She hadn’t left the small 10 mile radius of her home town in years and now she was leaving for good, well, at least for the summer.

 

She had graduated high school a couple days before and was now going to start her life as a woman. In a month she would be 18, free and her own being. She was invigorated.

 

And she couldn’t wait to land in Orlando and finally start on this brand new adventure, the first of her early adult life.

 

But a couple hours later, lost in the madness of the airport, she didn’t feel so secure about her brand new adventure. Someone was supposed to be there with a sign. She had talked to Johnny on the phone the day before and told her he was unable to pick her up personally, but would have someone there for her with her name on a sign as soon as she left the airplane.

 

But that was 30 minutes ago. Her crappy cell phone had died somewhere over Georgia and all the payphones were either out of order or in use. She started to panic.

 

“Excuse me.”

 

She turned to see a huge African American man peering down to her like she was David and he was Goliath. Too bad she didn’t have a sling shot. “S- sorry.” She said quietly, thinking she was in his way.

 

“Are you Meredith?”

 

“Huh? How do you know my name? What?” She was slightly confused.

 

A slight smile softened his tough expressions. “I’m Dre. Sorry about the delay. Melinda was supposed to pick you up but she got a flat somewhere and so I sped over here but traffic was bad. Have you picked up your luggage and everything?”

 

“Uh, yeah.”

 

“Don’t worry. I’m not a kidnapper, but I am one of the guys’ bodyguards. You’re safe with me, honey.”

 

“Uh, if you say so.” Her eyes were wide.

 

His phone rang and he looked at her sincerely as he pulled it out of his pocket. “Excuse me.”

 

She watched him talk on the phone and listened to his side of the conversation. “Yes sir. I got her, I could tell by your description. American Eagle spokesperson with brown hair and big eyes. She looked a little lost.”

 

She looked at him. How dare him make assumptions about her based on her dress attire! “Hey! I do not ONLY wear American Eagle!”

 

“We’ll be there as soon as possible. Uh huh, peace.”

 

She narrowed her eyes at him. “Who was that?”

 

“Johnny Wright.”

 

It made her feel a little better when he said those words. At least now she was positive he wasn’t a kidnapper. “Oh ok.”

 

“Come on. Follow me.”

 

She followed him through the airport to a black SUV that was parked and waiting there. They got inside, Dre in the front with another man driving and her in the back.

 

Dre turned around after making a phone call. “Meredith this is Roy. He drives for us.”

 

“You can’t drive yourself?

 

“What?”

 

“Nothing.”

 

Thirty minutes of silence went by, well besides the sound of the road, the light rap station playing on the radio and Dre on the cell. She thought she had dozed off, but in reality was just taking in the Florida scenery. The last time she was here, she was 8 and at Disney World. They were pulling up to a gate, which opened for them and she then watched a rather huge nicely manicured yard that could probably fit a golf course go by. The driveway wove around a little and soon she was at a big, kind of cabiney/ranch style house. Before she was able to open the door, Dre had it opened for her.

 

“We’re here.”

 

“Whose house is this?” She asked taking it all in.

 

“This is the WEG compound.”

 

She nodded slowly. “Ohhhh.”

 

“Yeah, oh. Let’s go find the guys.”

 

She heard the sounds of a basketball being bounced and sneakers squeaking a little and boys yelling and shouting and talking to one another. They walked around the back of the house and she found 4 sweaty boys passing a basketball between them and fighting over it. The tallest one, with curls being tamed by a black bandana, made an easy lay-up and started high fiving one of his counterparts. But when he looked up, he stopped moving.

 

When his eyes met hers she stopped breathing. They were the most pure and beautiful blue eyes she had ever seen.

 

“Hey guys, come here and meet your new little tour helper.”

 

One of them with blonde hair ran up to where they were, followed by another darker haired one. “This must be MEREDITH!”

 

“Uh, yeah.” She said quietly, a little shy to be attacked like they were doing.

 

“Hey, I’m Joey. Johnny has said a lot about you.”

 

She shook his outstretched hand. “Thanks.”

 

“Hi, I’m Lance.”

 

“Nice to meet you.”

 

Lance looked behind him to another dark haired guy was bent over, messing with his shoe. “JC hurry up.”

 

“Sorry I had to tie my shoe.” He said, running up a little sheepishly.

 

“That’s JC. And Chris went to the bathroom.”

 

Joey quipped. “He probably fell in.”

 

The one with the bandana had sauntered up slowly. He was sweaty in his basketball shorts and gray tank top, but looked enticingly good. He was standing a little farther behind the others. She smiled at him. “Hi, I’m Meredith.”

 

“Yeah, I know.” His voice was flat.

 

“That’s Justin. He’s pmsing.”

 

He hit the one named Lance. “Shut up.”

 

“It’s nice to meet you Justin.”

 

He rolled his eyes and moved his attention to the rest of the guys. “Yeah, whatever. Come on, guys, lets finish this.”

 

“Way to be rude Justin.” JC said.

 

He had already started to turn back to the basketball court when he stopped and said exasperatedly, “You aren’t gonna finish?”

 

“No, we have company,” one of them said.

 

“She won’t be company for long fellows. She works for you. I expect you all to get to know each other. You’ll be spending a lot of time together, ok?”

 

They all looked to the right, where a man in a polo shirt and jeans was walking out toward them. Meredith smiled; it was a welcome and familiar voice. “Johnny?”

 

He got to her and gave her a small hug. “Hello Meredith. It’s a pleasure to finally meet you in person. I’m gonna show Meredith around, if any of you want to come along, please do.”

 

“I’ll go,” said Lance.

 

“Me too.”

 

“Me free!” Joey said in a baby voice.

 

She was a little astonished and laughed a little. “Good lord, are you all always this animated.”

 

“Their actually rather tame right now. Don’t worry, they’ll try to show off for you soon enough.” Johnny said, then looked over at the one in the bandana, now dribbling a basketball on the court. “Justin, you comin’?”

 

“No.”

 

“Suit yourself.”

 

They toured the whole complex and that night they had a fancy catered dinner there on the grounds. It was nice, except for the fact that Justin kept rolling his eyes whenever she would talk and never seemed to care what she had to say. She didn’t even say that much, being the shy type that she was in new crowds, but it made her more insecure to have him blatantly dislike her.

 

He didn’t even know her.

 

A week passed and she got to know the guys a lot better. She went out to eat with them occasionally and let them show her their “at home” lifestyle. They tried to brace her for what the tour life would be like. She got to spend time with each of them and learned things about them she loved. JC was great to talk to, and she loved hanging out and being silly with him. Chris was spontaneous and kept her laughing so much she almost would pee her pants. She always felt protected with Joey and Lance brought her the down home southern charm she was use to from her home state. But Justin, well, he never hung out with her. Even if all the other guys were there, he wouldn’t talk to her and wouldn’t pay attention to her.

 

She had to admit he was attractive beyond her thoughts. He was so good looking, in fact, she found herself staring at I’m at times, and she couldn’t help herself. She found him staring at her too sometimes. But his eyes were cold and confusing.

 

She was excited for her new job, she liked everyone she had met, the bodyguards, the staff, the guys, everyone and she had only met about 10% of the people she’d be in contact with. But Justin, Justin made her worry, and she only hoped that soon she’d get to the bottom of his unnecessary hatred of her. Or at least get him to stop throwing daggers at her, every time he looked at her.

 

Chapter 2 by Mere

Chapter 2

 

Afternoon before the tour starts…

 

In a big outdoor, open area at Johnny's house a huge party was being held.  Johnny purposely had it in the afternoon so people could get sleep before the big day.  Two Huge tents were set up.  Catered food was being served under one.  Lounge chairs were scattered everywhere.  It was like the mother of all backyard barbecues.  Meredith had enjoyed herself at the party but was not the overly bubbly girl she usually was.  She had remained kind of quiet and to herself unless someone spoke to her.  Chris had managed to get her to sit down and have a talk with him.

 

"So, you guys got girlfriends?" 

 

"I thought you would already have all the dirt by now." Chris stated.

 

"Well I know that JC has been on a few dates with that one girl, what's her name? Cindy? Yeah, Cindy.  But he says its nothing serious, yet. I can tell he REALLY likes her though. He told me when he gets back from touring if she is still single they will probably start dating officially or something.  He had some logic behind it but I didn't really comprehend it."  Meredith chuckled.

 

"Yeah, JC gets kinda weird with that type of stuff.  But he always seems to know what he is doing."

 

"Well, anyway, I also know Joey is dating like a million girls, but who doesn't know that?"

 

"The million girls that think Joey is just theirs."  Chris and Meredith both laughed, then Joey walked by them with a plateful of food and smiled.  They immediately went silent until he was out of range and then busted out laughing again.

 

"Whew man, that was great.  What was so funny about that anyway?" Meredith asked.

 

"I have no clue."

 

"Well, back to the lecture at hand, hehe, Lance brought his girl tonight, right?  I haven't seen him yet but I thought I saw the back of him with his arm around a short girl.  I figured it was him and Leslie."

 

"Yeah, probably so.  He really likes her.  She's a nice girl.  Let's go find her and I'll introduce you."

 

"Hold up cowboy, I need to know about you.  Any girls in your back pocket I should know about?"

 

"I've been dating this gal name Danielle for about two years now..." He said with a country accent.

 

"WOW!!  Who is this girl??  And how does she put up with you?  I need to meet her and pin a medal to her.  She must be a warrior!!" Meredith joked.

 

Chris sighed and dreamily looked down at the grass.  "Yeah, she's something all right.  I wish she could be here but she had an interview for Fuman in New York like an hour ago.  She's flying home tonight though so we can be together before I leave..." 

 

"Awww, precious. HEHE.  That's really sweet Chris.  I've never seen you look like that.  You must really love her."

 

"Yeah, I do.  She's amazing.  You remind me of her.  She has your same sense of humor.  I hope you'll get to meet her sometime because you two would become best friends instantly, I'm sure."

 

"That would be great, Chris." Meredith looked at him and smiled.  He looked down at the ground one more time and then back up to Meredith.

 

"Mere, I'm really sorry about the way Justin's been treating you. I know it's not my job to apoligize for him but still. It's not that cool of him.  he has no right to prejudge you like that.  Hopefully, he's just having a rough days and being stupid. 

 

"It's cool." Meredith laughed playfully. "I only wish all the members of *Nsync could like me.  But I guess I'll have to settle with just 'sync'."

 

"Don't worry about Justin, if he wants to be like that, then it's his loss for not wanting to spend time with a great girl like you." Chris winked.

 

"Wait a minute, Joey what have you done with Chris??" Meredith asked looking around.

 

"I'm serious Meredith you are a great person..."

 

"You winked at me?  Said you were serious? OH no!! Joey and JC have taken over Chris's body, somebody call 911!!" 

 

"Shut up, squirt!"

 

"Hey, only special people can call me that"

 

"Aren't I special?" Chris whined

 

"OF course, my love! Well, anyway thanks for saying that, it means a lot.  And I'm glad we've worked things out.  I guess I'll just be as nice to Justin as I can and maybe he will be forced to be nice back."

 

"Speak of the devil..." Chris mumbled as they both watched Justin and a tall extremely beautiful girl with long straight blonde hair approach them. 

 

Meredith looked at the girl.  She was too much.  TOO Beautiful, Meredith thought.  She was perfect, and Meredith couldn't help but notice how well the girl's perfection complemented Justin's perfection.  Justin had on khakis and a light blue-green button up shirt that was unbuttoned to expose his white wife beater.  His curls were gelled perfectly and Meredith took notice of this because every other time she had seen him he had a hat on, besides the first day she met him when his hair was flying everywhere. 

 

Meredith looked at the girl again.  Her tight 3/4 length bright pink shirt left no curve to the imagination.  It's low V-neck showed off much cleavage and her short black silk skirt was a little too short Meredith believed.  Her feet were adorned with 2-inch white Candies and Meredith was shocked that the girl could actually walk in grass with them. Her hair was long, blonde and Meredith was sure that most of it must have been extensions, although she couldn't really tell.  Her make up was done very well and sparkly and her glossy pout seemed to be a weapon used to attack men. Her outfit was too much.  It looked as if the girl had just got back from a club but it was only 3:30pm in the afternoon.

 

Then she looked down at her own outfit.  A surge of jealousy and awkwardness flooded her brain.  Meredith sat there with Birkenstocks on her feet, bootleg olive pants, and a deep Maroon button down shirt much in the same style as the one Justin wore.  She wanted to look bold like the girl Justin had with him.  She didn't know why.  She had always been the one to not care about looks.  She was the queen of comfort.  But now she felt as if her earthy colors no make up, glasses and sloppy bun were a curse.

"Chris you remember Kimberly right?" Justin said.

 

Chris stood up and shook Kim's hand.  "Of course, good to see you Kim.  Keeping Justin in line??" 

The girl smiled broadly and looked at Justin, who in return smiled back down at her.  "As always, I keep my boy in line."

 

"Who you calling a boy, woman?" Justin asked her and then stole a quick kiss from her.

 

-So, he does have a girlfriend.  Just Perfect.  Why is this bothering you? It shouldn't.  DONT LET IT BOTHER YOU.  You cant afford for it to-

 

After a few moments of small talk Meredith realized she was still sitting down while the other three stood right by her and ignored her.  Meredith turned and looked around at the other people chatting, eating, ect.  She was looking for someone to talk to, a familiar face.  An escape from where she was.

 

"Oh Kim, have you met Meredith?"  Chris asked.

 

The girl politely said no and Meredith slowly turned her attention to the three standing there. She stood up and extended her hand.

 

"Hi, I'm Meredith Willis. What do they call me?  Oh yes, *Nsync intern, whatever that means. It's great to meet you."  Meredith tried her best to make this girl laugh and become friends.  Maybe if she could get through to her she could get through to Justin.

 

"I'm Kimberly Thompson, Justin's girlfriend. And it's great to meet you too."

 

Meredith, Kimberly, and Chris continued in small talk and Meredith found out that Kim was a model and had met Justin a party about a month before. 

 

Meredith felt guilty for thinking bad things about the sweet girl that stood there in front of her.  Justin felt guilty for thinking bad things about the sweet girl that stood in front of him. 

 

Justin remained quiet through their conversation and stared at Meredith intently.  She was not flashy like Kim.  She was not strikingly beautiful like Kim.  But she was interesting none the less.  A surge of guilt washed over himself as he took in the girl in front of him.  He had never had a reason to be cold to her.  But he found himself turning that way instantly whenever she would notice him.  But other than that, he just stared at her, mesmerized; not even realizing he was. 

 

During their conversation Justin would only break his stare whenever Kim would say his name or look up at him.  He liked Kimberly but it was nothing serious.  Both had decided it would be best that way, with their careers and all.

 

"Hey you guys, Johnny is starting the pre-tour speech.  We better head other there" JC clamped his hands on Meredith's shoulders causing her to jump. She turned around and glared at him.  In return, he pouted and she smiled at him.  They linked arms and Chris grabbed her other free arm and the three sauntered over the tent where Johnny was about to begin speaking.  Justin and Kim were right behind them.

 

Meredith sat down between Chris and JC but as soon as they sat down JC jumped up and ran over to a girl standing quietly outside, away from the tent.  He hugged her and kissed her briefly on the lips and walked her over to the tent.  He held her hand and mouthed "Cindy" to Meredith.  She smiled at him and gave him a thumbs up.  Meredith watched as he brought the girl to the back of the tent in the last row of chairs and began talking and whispering in her ear.  Meredith smiled at the two and returned her attention to the front.  But as she turned something caught her eye.

Sitting beside her was Justin Timberlake.  Sure he had his arm around another girl, Kim, but he was sitting beside her.  And didn't seemed to look like he was about to explode with hate. 

 

-Oh my goodness, He actually doesn't mind me...that much. Maybe, well maybe not but this is a definite improvement!-

 

She glanced over at Chris who was tapping on her shoulder.

 

"Yes, darling?" Meredith dramatically said.

 

"Smuchims I have a package for you." Chris said in a lispy voice.

 

"Take one down pass it around 99 packets of paper now...." Meredith sang.

 

Soon Chris had joined her as Meredith held a stack of packets that had tour info in them waving them in the air.  They sang until '96 packets' were left.  But she soon stopped when she realized she would have to pass the packet...to Justin.

 

She took a packet for herself and placed it in her lap.  Then she handed the packets over to him.  But he was wrapped up in something Kim was saying so he didn't notice her.

 

"Here you go Justin," She said quietly but sweetly.

 

He slowly turned to her.  He looked shocked but managed to take the papers.

 

"Thanks" he said quietly, and grinned.

 

"Anytime, Anytime."  She smiled genuinely and turned her attention back to Chris and then Johnny as he began the speech.

 

-OH MY GOSH!!  HE just said something to me...something nice, and smiled.  Ah, this is a great day!-

 

Justin passed the papers on but every now and then glanced at Meredith.

 

-Dude, did you hear her say your name?  I gotta stop this.  I gotta stop these feelings now.  I have Kim.  I can't get hurt.  I cant. But look at her.  Just, look at her.  I should give her a chance.  But, I can't risk my self like that. SHUT UP.  It's not worth it.  She can't stand you anyway. And you can't stand her. Just forget it! -

 

---------------

Two weeks later…

 

Meredith loved every minute of her job.  She ran back and forth getting the guys whatever they needed.  She took their phone calls.  She even cleaned out their bus once; but that's only when Johnny begged her and said he would raise her pay.  The guys started calling her their "Genie in a Bottle" and whenever they would ask her for something she would nod her head and blink, and run off to get whatever they needed.  She loved hanging out with the guys.  They were all amazing people.  But there was still Justin...

 

Justin actually had warmed up to her some.  But she was no where near as close to him as she was everyone else.  He would ask her to do something and she would oblige but the smart comments and inside jokes weren't there like with everyone else.  Meredith was glad that Justin seemed not to hate her.  But still, it hurt to know he had closed himself off from her.  It was hard too.  All the guys would want to do something with Meredith and Justin would want to tag along but there was always something awkward between them.  Especially when they were left alone.  They had never had a conversation besides; "Will you do this?" "Sure" "Thanks" "No problem". 

 

But other than that, Meredith loved life.  She finally was at a place where she didn't have to explain her past.  She was actually happy.

 

"Mere, earth to Mere..." Lance waved a hand in front of her.

 

Meredith snapped her head towards him.  "Sorry Lance, daydreaming: it's a bad habit."

 

"No problem, wanna come to sound check?" 

 

"Umm, let me see if there is anything to be done.  I'll go ask Johnny and I'll be there in a minute." 

 

"All right g."

 

Meredith watched Lance walk out the door, and soon shot up and ran to the doorway calling after him.

 

"Hey Lance, why do you guys call me g?"

 

"It's short for Gorgeous"

 

"Oh puuulease.  Don't try to be a Joey.  One is enough."

 

"Seriously Meredith. It stands for Gorgeous.  Well, it also stands for Genie, but mainly gorgeous. I don't know who made it up.  But that's what it means."  Lance smiled and turned and jogged down the hall towards the stage area.

 

Meredith just stood there stunned.

 

-What? Who made it up?  It must be a joke.  No one has ever called me that before. Well no one but Dan...-

 

Meredith went into the room where she had been and closed the door.  She searched her backpack and pulled out a photo.  Two teens about 15 years old stood in the picture.  One was a fairly tall extremely handsome guy with dark hair and a tanned complexion.  He stood behind a short brown haired girl who was smiling broadly at the camera.  His arms were around her and her hands rested on his.  He was kissing her temple and had his eyes closed.  Meredith ran her fingers across the photo and sighed.  She closed her eyes trying to close off the flood forming in her eyes.  One small tear escaped and ran down her cheek and landed on the picture. 

 

Suddenly the door to the room opened and Johnny stuck his head in.  He saw Meredith sitting on her knees in the middle of the floor hunched over a photo.  He cleared his throat and said, "Mere you OK?  The guys were wandering if you were coming to sound check.  Lance said he had asked you about 30 minutes ago."

 

Meredith wiped away her cheek fiercely and jerked her head up.  "I'll be there in a minute."

 

Johnny nodded and went to leave; he took one last glance at her and walked away.

 

-I hope she can stick it together.  She needs to move on from him.  Gosh, it's got to be hard. -

 

Meredith had lost track of time completely.  She had sat there looking at a photo for 30 minutes.  She kissed the picture and carefully put it in the back pocket of her shorts.  She walked out of the room and headed down to sound check.  The guys stood on stage singing different songs and goofing off.  Joey noticed her and said something but she just nodded at him and grinned.  She never grinned.  She always gave a full smile. 

 

"Hey Lance, was Meredith OK when you talked to her last.  She seems down."  Joey asked.

 

"Seemed fine with me." Lance said.

 

"Let's cheer her up, we will sing her a song!"  JC jumped up like a little kid.

 

"Yeah..." Chris piped in.  "UP for it J?"

 

All the guys turned towards Justin.  He looked at the girl who had taken her seat 5th row, center.  He noticed her head titled down.  She looked like she wanted to crawl in a hole and just fade away.

 

"More than a feeling, acapella..."

 

"What?"  Lance asked surprised.

 

Justin turned annoyed and slowly said, "More than a feeling, acapella.  That's what we are going to sing."

 

"For Meredith?"  Joey asked with a hopeful smile.

 

Justin looked at the girl who was now had her arms resting on the chair in front of her and rested the side of her face on her hands.  Her eyes were focused on nothing.  Just stared off into space.

 

"For Meredith."  Justin whispered.

 

The guys noticed his change in voice.  They were stunned but went ahead anyway.

 

"Meredith, this is for you..." JC said into the microphone.

 

She looked up at him confused and he just smiled at her.

 

They began the song and Meredith listened intently.  No one had ever sang to her before.  She was stunned.  No one beside Dan had called her gorgeous and no one had ever sang to her, and she sat there with five guys singing only to her.  Finally she closed her eyes and just listened.  None of the guys knew this, they couldn't have, but More than a feeling was her one of her favorite songs.  She had never heard them sing it, and wasn't use to the slow and soft sound of it.  It was a change from Boston's take on the song, but now, she loved the song even more than before.  Finally the song ended and Meredith felt as if for the first time ever she was special.  It was a feeling taking away form her a long time ago.  Now she felt almost worthy of life.  Her eyes remained closed and her head bowed as five guys approached her.

 

"What did you think Mere?"  JC asked.

 

When she didn't answer or open her eyes or move for that matter Joey put a hand on her shoulder.

 

"G? You OK?"  Joey asked.

 

A laugh came from Meredith and a voice none of them had ever heard came from her lips.  One that was vulnerable, quiet, alone.

 

"That was one of my many favorite songs.  You guys just made it my one and only favorite."  She laughed again and whispered.  "I don't deserve yall."

 

Her eyes opened but her head remained bowed so none of the guys noticed this gesture.  "Thank you so much. That was the most beautiful thing I've ever heard."  She took the back of her hand and wiped her cheeks clean from the tears that had poured over.  The guys noticed this.  Joey, Chris, Lance and JC looked at one another in shock and sadness.  What was wrong with her?  Why was she moved to tears?  Did they really sing that well?  What do they say, now?

 

But Justin stood a few feet away from them and found himself staring at her again.  A smile appeared on his face.  He knew exactly what to say.

 

"That's one of my favorites, too." Justin quietly stated.

 

All five heads slowly turned toward him.  He shrugged and turned to walk away, but a hand grabbed his arm.  He looked down and there she stood.  Tear stained cheeks, trembling chin, and glassy eyes.  She was completely beautiful in his eyes.

 

"Thank you, Justin" She said with pain, happiness, sorrow, and hopefulness all in one.  Her small hands carefully wrapped around his stomach and made their way to his back.  She pressed herself against him and tightened her body around his.  This movement shocked him and so was everyone else in the large coliseum. 

 

There stood a girl who was on the verge of breaking down and she was hugging the one person in the building who had failed to gain her friendship.  He stood there with his arms by his side and she was about to pull away but he moved.

 

His muscular arms wrapped around her small body and his hands found her back and pressed her body against his.  He lowered his mouth to the side of her head and whispered, "Anytime, anytime."

 

Then he let go and turned and walked back to the stage to finish the sound check, afraid if he held her longer or caught her eyes, he would break.  Everyone was shocked and stood with their eyes wide and mouths open.  Except for two.  One of them contently walked to the stage and the other smiled broadly and walked out of the coliseum area. 

 

Meredith looked up towards the ceiling and thought, -YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!  THANK YOU, GOD! -

 

-----------

1 1/2 weeks later

 

They were now in Charlotte. They had 1 day until the concert in Charlotte, then a one-day break and concert in Greensboro, a 3-day break and a concert in Raleigh.  Nsync had never had so many concerts in NC before, but Meredith was happy that she would get the chance to show the guys around her home. 

 

Thing were great for Meredith.  Her and Justin were finally but slowly starting a friendship.  The guys had even asked her to switch buses.  She was reluctant at first but after a lot of bribing she now had a bunk on Nysnc's bus. 

 

Her title had changed too.  No longer was she an intern but an assistant.  She no longer did things for Johnny.  She did things for *Nsync.  In the beginning she had helped Johnny with papers and such, but during the tour the guys found a need for someone to do the small little things they didn't have time for.  Having a spot on the bus made it a lot easier for Meredith to do these little things. And she was happy with her position.

 

It was her birthday.  No one knew, well she had told Joey that first day she met them, but she didn't expect anyone to remember.  It wasn't a big deal to her.  Yeah she was finally 18, but she didn't feel she should tell the world it was her birthday.  If they knew they knew, if not, she shouldn't brag.

 

Little did she know that while she was in the shower two figures had broke into her hotel room and rummaged through her clothes.

 

Meredith stepped out of the shower and dried herself off.  She wrapped a towel around her and twisted her hair in another one.  As she opened the door, articles of clothing were thrown at her. 

 

A familiar voice commanded her, "Put this on, you have 30 minutes to be outside the door of your hotel room, in this outfit, ready to go.  NO QUESTIONS ASKED!"

 

She looked at a mean faced Chris and a laughing Joey.

 

"Nice towel."  Joey said flirtatiously.

 

"But..."

 

"Zippit...NO QUESTIONS ASKED."  Chris yelled at her.

 

The two men stomped out of her room and called after her. "30 minutes!!"

 

So, in 30 minutes Meredith opened her hotel room, ready and dressed in the chosen outfit and closed the door.  As soon as the door clicked shut a piece of cloth covered her eyes.

 

"Hey, what's going on..." She asked annoyed.

 

"Remember g, no questions asked..." Joey's voice quieted her.

 

Two hands guided her to the elevator and finally into some sort of car.

 

The two men looked at her and smiled at one another.  Joey mouthed, "WOW! She's so hot!  This is going to be great."

 

Chris smiled and nodded at the blind folded girl who sat quietly with her arms crossed her chest and her lip curled up in annoyance.  But Joey was right.  She looked amazing.  She had on velvet black boots, tight black bootleg jeans and tight yellow v-neck short sleeved shirt.  Her hair was blown dry straight.  She had her contacts in for a change.  Though covered by the blindfold she had on a dark pink eye shadow that accented her eyes and made them sparkle. Her lips were glossed over.  She was beautiful.  She looked a lot different from the normal 'mere' or 'G' they usually saw. 

 

Finally the car stopped and a pair of hands led her out of the car.  She heard Chris and Joey's names being screamed and through the blindfold she saw flashes of light.

 

-Where am I? OK, I'm in club attire, so I'm guessing that's where we are. -

 

Soon she heard pumping music.  But a few moments later the hands that were leading her disappeared from her touch and the music stopped.  Silence fell across her and occasionally she would hear a cough, sneeze, cleared throat, amongst whispers. 

 

Finally the blindfolded was lifted.

 

She saw everyone.  Everyone she cared about.  Everyone on the tour.  Her family was there.  She saw a banner that said "Happy Birthday Mere" and another one that said, "Watch out she's legal."  She was in a club.  She was so stunned that she had blocked out the sound of everyone shouting "Surprise"

 

After a few moments of silence her voice came back to her and she smirked cause she knew exactly what to say.

 

"You guys, I'm not supposed to be here.  I'm not 18 yet.  My Birthday is JULY 2nd, not June 2nd."  She shrugged and turned to leave.

 

Everyone glanced at each other in shock and embarrassment.

 

"JUST KIDDING!!!!!!!!"  Meredith yelled.

 

The party was awesome.  Meredith danced with everyone, even Justin a few times.  She had the best time.  But it was now 2 am and Johnny begged for everyone to go back to the hotel and get some sleep. 

 

Meredith, JC, Justin, and Kimberly (who had came to the party) all went to the top floor of the hotel and JC told her this was her last present of the night.  The top floor of the hotels was where Nsync stayed.  It was of course the most expensive and nicest hotel rooms. Everyone else stayed on lower floors. 

 

JC lead her over to the corner room inserted a key and led her inside.  "Tonight you will be living in luxury.  This is the 'presidential suite' as they call it.  It's the nicest room of the hotel.  Nicer than ours!!  Enjoy your free room service and other...stuff."

 

Meredith looked around the exquisite room.  She was shocked.  She glanced at JC, who was smiling and admiring the room, then turned her gaze to Kim and Justin.

 

"All for me?" 

 

"Yup, all for you g.  I overheard you telling your mom on the phone that you wanted a night just to have for yourself.  Well you got you a luxury room for two nights.  You have tonight, all tomorrow and tomorrow night off.  Do whatever you want.  Happy Birthday girl" Justin said.  He kissed her forehead and he and Kim walked back to his room.

 

Meredith just stared after him.  His lips were so soft and warm.  And even though the gesture probably meant nothing.  Kim was right there.  Still, she lost all feeling in her body except for the place on her forehead where his lips had been.  She had NEVER had that feeling before in her life.

 

"Happy Birthday Meredith!" Kim called to her.  And that broke her thought.

 

"Thanks for coming Kim and tell Justin that the corn rows aren't workin'" She told her, as Justin stuck out his tongue.

 

"Believe me, I already have!"

 

JC then hugged her and said the same things and left her to this huge room to herself.  She was overwhelmed.

 

----------

She had the day off, so after a full nights rest she got up and went downstairs.  She was just going to take a walk of the nice, familiar, downtown of Charlotte but as she past the front desk a voice stopped her.

 

"Ma'am? Are you Meredith Willis?" the man behind the counter asked.

 

"Yes?"

 

"Well, I have been instructed to inform you that your limo is waiting for you out front and wherever you need or want to go, the limo is at your disposal."

 

"Umm, thanks."

 

Meredith walked out the front desk and starred at the black stretch limo parked in front of her.  A Man in a black suit and white gloves stood by the door.

 

She then saw the huge tour bus waiting behind it.  She also noticed the normal group of fans weren't scattered around the entrance.  But sometimes they WERE able to hide the fact they were in town.  Though it rarely happen.

 

"Cool, huh?"  A familiar voice asked.

 

"Its amazing, Justin.  Thank you guys so much!!"

 

"Who said we had anything to do with it?"  HE looked at her and winked.

 

"But I gots to jet!!  I'm sooo late.  Have a fun day off, and after the concert tonight, umm, all us guys are crashing your phat pad. Later" Justin ran into the tour bus and it hurried off.

 

Meredith walked to the man by the limo.

 

"Where to miss?" He asked.

 

She looked at her watch it said 11:41am. "Hmm, do you know where the 'Open kitchen' is?"

 

"Sure thang, ma'am."

 

In 15 minutes Meredith was at a table by herself doing the crossword out of the paper and waiting on her Italian food.  This was one of her favorite restaurants and her mouth watered at the food that would shortly be in front of her.

 

Her food came and she began eating it.  But her eye caught someone.  Walking in, holding hands was Kim and a man. A man that was Not Justin.  They sat down in a dark corner and Meredith watched them, while trying to stay hidden.  They looked like they were on a date but she couldn't tell.

 

Then Meredith's suspicion was proven. Kim leaned over the table and kissed the guy full on the lips. She moved from her side of the table and sat down beside the guy.  He consumed her in a hug and his mouth met hers.  This was no friendly kiss.

 

-Oh my gosh, what do I do?  I have to tell him.  He's not going to believe me. -
Chapter 3 by Mere

Chapter 3

 

That night at the hotel, after the concert……

 

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK

 

"Where is she? What time is it Lance?" Chris asked.

 

"Its 11:45, she should be here."

 

"Maybe she's out clubbing." Joey thoughtfully said.

 

"Joey, Meredith is not the type to go clubbing by herself. I mean she JUST turned 18." JC said annoyingly

 

"How would you know, Daddio? Oh that's right you guys are butt-buddies."

 

"SHUT UP JOSEPHINE!"

 

"Knock it off you two!" a stern voice commanded.

 

Everyone turned and stood in shock.

 

"Justin is that you?? You actually think your baby-corn-rowin' self can boss us around?" JC asked with a smirk.

 

"Listen, I saw her this morning and I told her we were coming to her room. So she knows that after the concert we were going to be here. Maybe something came up. She does have the night off. She probably wants a break from us. She's around us 24/7. You guys can stand here and bicker about it but I'm going to go take a shower. I suggest you do the same."

 

The group dispersed. Each went into their own room.

 

"Hey J, You still got that CD of mine?"

 

"Yeah, come get it Lance, it's in my bag..."

 

Lance entered Justin's room. Justin went into the bathroom, to shower. Lance found the CD and just as he was about to open the door to leave, a knock sounded. He opened the door to reveal a tired looking Meredith.

 

"Hey M, where you been? We were going to party hardy in your room!"

 

"Sorry, I, umm, I got, I lost track of time." Meredith said quietly. She was in one of her moods. The guys noticed that about once every 2 weeks Meredith would just want to be alone and be extremely quiet and sad like. It worried them.

 

"You OK?" Lance asked concerned.

 

"Yeah. I'm fine. I went home today. I guess just seeing my family made me a little homesick. But it's all good, ya know?" Meredith forced a smile.

 

"Come 'ere g..." Lance gathered her into a hug. "We all get that way sometimes. But we are all, and I mean ALL, very glad that you are with us. This has been an amazing tour so far. And you have helped it become so amazing."

 

"Thanks L-boogie" Meredith ruffled his hair. "Go take a shower, sweat boy."

 

"Yes ma'am" Lance saluted her then left the room. But right as Meredith was about to sit down on the bed Lance popped his head in the door.

 

"Not to be nosy, but what are you doing in Justin's room anyway?"

 

"Oh, umm, I umm, I have to get something, I umm, let him, ugh, borrow. Yeah, borrow." Lance looked at her not believing a word she said.

 

"Uh, sure. Well, night g and in about 45 minutes if we don't go to sleep you might have 5 guys knocking on your door for a little 'presidential suite' fun."

 

"Get out of here, L-boogie." Meredith said lightly, trying to hide her worry.

 

After Lance left, Meredith found herself pacing the floor trying to figure out how she would tell Justin that his girlfriend was cheating on him. After a few minutes she plopped down on the bed and stared at the ceiling.

 

-How long does a shower take anyway?? I hope he hasn't drowned. Man, I do not want to do this. Girl, you don't have to. Just get up and walk out that door and don't say a word. No, I have to tell him. He needs to know. He is not going to like it, but its necessary. -

 

Meredith continued with her thoughts as she listened to the rhythmic noise of the shower. Every now and then she swore she heard light singing and humming coming from the bathroom but she couldn't tell what song it was. Soon, she was curled up in a ball on Justin's bed fast asleep.

 

She had a very tiring day. She spent it driving around all her favorite shops and stores. Finally around 3 she had ditched the limo and decided just to walk downtown like she had planned. She had to get her mind off Justin and Kim and the mystery guy. But it was useless. She spent the rest of the evening struggling with what to say what not to say. Even while she went back home for a few hours she thought about it. She was worn out.

 

About 5 minutes after Meredith had fallen into a deep sleep; Justin emerged from the bathroom with a towel around his waist. He walked over to his bag to get some boxers but noticed a figure curled up on his bed. HE slipped on his boxers and discarded the towel. He walked over to the figure and realized who it was.

 

Meredith. She was curled up in a fetal position clutching one of the pillows, as if it was her lifeline.

 

-Wow, she's breathtaking. I thought she looked good last night at the club, but this. Man, she's beautiful. And she's on my bed. Umm, Why is she on my bed? -

 

He noticed her facial expression it was content but it looked as if she had had a stressful day. HE nudged her lightly and quietly sang, "Mareeeedithhhhhh."

 

She scrunched her face and stretched her body, before opening her eyes. When she did she almost fell off the bed.

 

2 inches away from her was Justin. HE was so close to her she could feel his warm breath on her face. And he was smiling SO big. She pulled away from him shocked and he laughed.

 

"Bet you've always dreamed to wake up next to my smiling face. HEHE"

 

"Shut up, Timberfake"

 

"Ew, someone's grumpy." HE stood up and went to his bag and searched for a shirt. That's when she noticed he had no shirt on. He was a god. Meredith couldn't help but stare at his muscular back, which glistened in the dim hotel light from the lingering wetness of his shower. She had noticed his muscular arms before and had seen him with a wifebeater on in the bus, but this was MUCH better. She was gawking at him, just like one of his adoring fans. She quickly shook her head when he turned around barechested with a shirt in his hands.

 

She then stared some more. His chiseled chest and nice abdominal muscles were extremely pleasant to look at. With her eyes she followed a droplet of water that ran down from his damp cornrows, down the side of his face over his neck down his body, and soaked into the elastic of his boxers. Meredith looked up at his face and she noticed his broad smile and sparkling eyes.

 

"Like what you see, eh?" That broke the trance.

 

"More like what I don't see. Especially with those corn rows, what ARE you thinking?"

 

"Goodness, we are just full of comebacks tonight aren't we, squirt. And don't worry they are coming out tomorrow, probably."

 

"Don't call me squirt, Timberfake." She narrowed her eyes at him

 

"Don't call me Timberfake, squirt." He then busted into giggles at her annoyed expression while putting the T-shirt on. "Why are you here anyway? You DO realize we rented out that extremely nice, extremely expensive, room down the hallway."

 

She sighed remembering why she was there. "Oh yeah, umm Justin, I got something really, really important I need to tell you. But your not going to like it." Justin saw her voice and attitude change. She looked like a wide-eye child that had witnessed a crime and was terrified to tell anyone.

 

Justin sat down beside her on the bed and took her hands in his. "You can tell me anything, Mere." When she didn't answer he took his finger and moved her head so that she was looking straight into his eyes. "What is it?"

 

Meredith took a deep breath, and took her hands away from his but keep his stare. She quietly but firmly let it all out.

 

"Today, I went to one of my favorite restaurants for lunch. It's an Italian restaurant called the Open Kitchen. Well while I was there I saw Kim with some guy." She looked at Justin.

 

"Yeah, She said she was going to get lunch with him before she left town this afternoon. She has some shoots in New York tomorrow. Was the guy tall, dark hair, real muscular?" Justin inquired.

 

"Yeah, how did you know?"

 

"That's her agent, Chad. He goes wherever she goes. Don't worry about it Meredith. I appreciate you looking out for me, but Kim has made it clear that there is nothing going on between them."

 

"Oh." Meredith looked down at her hands and Justin got up to finish what ever he needed to do, but Meredith grabbed his wrist. He turned and looked down at her bowed head and she finally looked up at him. "That's not all."

 

He sat down once more beside her with a confused and impatient face. "What?"

 

"OK, brace yourself. Whew, OK. I was there. She entered holding his hand. I was suspicious so I kinda spied on them. I mean I stayed at my table but watched them. Anyways. They were laughing and talking, flirting about who knows what and I saw it. Justin...she leaned over the table and kissed him. I mean at first I was shocked. Then I tried to convince myself it was just a friendly kiss. But then she walked out of her side of the booth to his. He hugged her and kissed her. And I mean KISSED her. She was kissing back. I mean if I didn't know them I would probably be laughing at the massive amount of PDA going on. Justin, she was making out with the guy."

 

She looked back down at her hands and whispered. "I just thought you should know."

 

Justin sat there in silence. So many things were going through his mind. Anger, sadness, betrayal. Kim was cheating on him. Or Meredith was lying. He just didn't know. So he went with what was easiest. What was most logical? What he was used to.

 

"How could you?" He said with an accusing voice.

 

Meredith's head snapped up and looked at him in shocked. "Justin, I..." she shook her head.

 

"NO! I knew it!! I knew the whole time. All you GROUPIES are the same. You work your way into Nsync and then screw me and the rest of the guys over. Why do you want to do this? I have a GREAT relationship with Kim and you are TYRING your BEST to ruin it. WHY MEREDITH? ARE YOU JEALOUS?? THATS IT!! YOURE SO JEALOUS!! YOU WANT ME, BAD!! YOU WANT TO LOOK LIKE KIM! WELL YOU KNOW WHAT? SCREW YOU! YOU WILL AND CAN NEVER BE AS PERFECT AND GREAT AS KIM! GET OUT OF MY ROOM!" Justin was now standing towering over her screaming at her.

 

Meredith tried to dam the tears in her eyes from spilling over but it was no use. A single tear came from her eye and soon another followed and another. She knew he would be upset. But this was pure hate coming from him.

 

"Justin, I thought if the positions were reversed I would want you to do the same." She quietly choked out.

 

"GET OUT OF MY HOTEL ROOM, YOU, YOU BITCH!!!!!!!!!" He yelled at her and collapsed onto his bed and held his head in his hands. He did not know why he was this upset. He just was. HE pointed to his door.

 

Meredith got up and went toward the door but stopped turned and just stood there, crying. Suddenly the door jerked open and Lance, JC, Joey, Chris, Lonnie, and Dre entered the room.

 

"What's going on in here?" Lonnie asked with a fatherly tone while staring at Meredith's back and Justin bowed position.

 

After a few moments of silence and Justin in the same position with his head bowed and hand pointing to the door, Meredith spoke.

 

"Nothing's going on, nothing at all." With that she turned to leave. Then the guys who had barged in noticed her face. It looked like a tormented puppy. She seriously looked as if she had just been told she had 1 hour to live. She stopped abruptly and turned back to Justin.

 

"I forgive you." She quietly stated.

 

He looked up at her the hate-filled eyes and laughed a sick laugh. "HA! Why the hell is a bitch like you forgiving me? What the hell did I DO?"

 

Meredith shook her head and looked at the floor then lifted her head and met his stare. She stared right back into his fierce blue eyes and finally said, "One day you are going to realize that I was right. When you figure out the truth you will come to me asking me to forgive you for not believing me, for the things you've said, everything. I'm just going ahead and telling you, that you're already forgiven."

 

With that she pushed her way through the guys crowed around the door. And slowly walked to her room. JC and Lance came up to her but before they could even say anything she opened the door to her room and said "I just want to be alone." and closed the door without even looking at them.

 

Chris had tried to approach Justin but before Chris could reach him he whispered, "I just want to be alone."

 

Seconds later, Lance, JC, Joey, Chris, Lonnie and Dre stood in the hallway of the top floor of the hotel just staring at each other and the two doors that held Meredith and Justin. Finally Chris had the courage to speak.

 

"What the hell just happened??"

 

Joey responded quietly "I don't know man, I don't know."

 

------------------------------------------------

The bus was unusually quiet. They all had been on the bus for about 30 minutes and had 1 1/2 hours till they would reach their hotel in Greensboro. JC was sleeping. Lance was in the kitchenette talking on the phone. Meredith was there with him but just stared out the window with her headphones on. In the back of the bus where the lounge area was, Joey and Chris were playing N64 and Justin sat there with a glazed over expression looking at the screen.

 

Meredith got up to leave.

 

"Yeah, uhh huh, oh really? I miss you too Leslie. Hey hold on a sec k?...Where ya going Mere?"

 

"Sleep"

 

"Oh OK" When Meredith left, Lance returned to his phone call. "Its real bad Leslie. I mean I've seen her down before but this is unreal. She won't talk, eat, anything. All she wants to do is sleep. It's only been a day. But, she looks like hell. Justin's no better"

 

"Well, I think he likes her."

 

"Oh pulease, Les, he has Kim."

 

"But he never sees Kim, what caused this melt down anyway?"

 

"That's the thing, no one knows. And the only two people that do are not saying anything."

 

Meanwhile...

 

"Man, you suck."

 

“No, I rule, you suck."

 

"Nooo, you..."

 

"SHUT UP BOTH OF YOU!"

 

"Sorry J, we were just playing around." Joey thoughtfully said.

 

"Yeah well I'm tired of it. I'm tired of everything. I'm going to bed. DO NOT WAKE ME UP, until we get to the hotel."

 

When Justin left, Joey turned to Chris.

 

"This ain't right. I mean he use to not like her, but he was NEVER like this."

 

"I wonder what she said to him?" Chris asked.

 

"What makes you think it was Meredith?"

 

"Lance told me that while he went to go get a CD from Justin's room, that Meredith came into Justin's room claiming he had 'borrowed' something from her."

 

"Hmm, This sucks. I hate seeing Justin like this. I hate seeing Meredith like this even more."

 

"Yeah, well lets just wade it out. Maybe everything will figure itself out. 'nother round?"

 

"You're on!" Joey said as Chris re-started the game.

 

------

Justin stepped into the bunk area of the bus. He closed the door behind him. He could hear JC's light snore. But then he heard the most heart-wrentching noise ever.

 

In a sobbing whisper Meredith talked on the phone with her sister.

 

"Lauren, I cant do this...I was trying to be helpful. I really was. He thinks I was trying to hurt him. I would NEVER do that. I know first hand what its like. I would NEVER put that type of pain on anyone. EVER!...yeah, I know I know...Thanks, yeah...please do, it would be great to see you. I saw mom and dad yesterday...I love you too. Bye."

 

Justin stood there listening. He shook his head.

 

-Doesn't prove anything-

 

Just as he was climbing into his bunk, her curtain to her bunk slid open and she stood up not paying attention and bumped into Justin.

 

"Sorry..." she whispered.

 

She turned to walk away but he grabbed her arm, hard. "You think this little game of pretending to be upset is going to work on me. Well I'm smarter than that. You're just a slut, a conniving little evil slut. You're an ugly, selfish, piece of trash. GET OUT OF MY SIGHT BITCH!!!!" Justin yelled. This caused JC to wake up and stand between Meredith and Justin. Lance, Joey, and Chris all entered the doorways of the small bunk area.

 

"You want to make a scene, go ahead. WE'RE ALL WAITING MISS MEREDITH!!!" Justin screamed.

 

Meredith couldn't move, couldn't cry, couldn't do anything. Everything she had ever considered herself as, he threw back at her. Slut. Ugly. Selfish. Trash. Bitch. HE was right, in her mind. So, she gave up.

 

"You're right, I'm nothing. I'm not worth any of yalls time or energy. My sister is coming to see me in Greensboro. I'll be going back home. Now if you excuse me, I need to pack." With that she entered her bunk, shut the curtain, and gathered all her things. She could hear voices outside of her bunk.

 

"She cannot leave."

 

"YOU HAVE NO RIGHT!!!"

 

"I have every damn right I want. SHE'S A SLUT. SHE'S A BITCH. AND I'M HAPPY SHE IS LEAVING. YOUR PRECIOUS LITTLE MEREDITH IS LEAVING. HALIEGHLUAH!!! HER NAME IS MORE LIKE MER-DEATH!!!!"

 

Justin was raging. But what he didn't realize was that he had just caused her to break. It wasn't the ugly things he was saying. It wasn't his tone of voice. He had just called her, unknowingly, Mer-death. A name only one other person had ever called her. A name she feared more than dying. Now SHE was raging.

 

She slung her curtain opened and faced Justin. Her eyes were brimming with tears and her face was red. "Don't, Don't you ever, EVER, EVER FUCKING CALL ME THAT AGIAN!!!!"

 

The bus stood still. Meredith never cussed. Meredith was a devout Christian. To hear her cuss was like to hear Limp Bizket sing opera. Everyone, even Justin was stunned.

 

"UUU, soft spot?? You don't like me calling you BITCH?? Or was it SLUT???" Justin teased.

 

"Mer-death. I don't want to hear that name again." She said fiercely in a lowered but quiet tone.

 

"What was that?? OHH MERRRRRRR-DDDDEEEEATTTTHHHHH!!! You don't want me to call you MER-DEATH. I GET IT!! What’s the big damn deal anyway? I’m just saying a stupid name. You’re pathetic." Justin said in a stupid voice. But he was in for a surprise.

 

The next thing he knew Meredith's fist had plowed into his left jaw causing him to growl in pain and fall backwards on to Joey and Chris. She stormed out of the bunk area past JC and Lance and went into the bathroom and locked herself in. She had NEVER, EVER, hit anyone before and it hurt her. Not in her fist, her body was numb, but her heart felt like a million bricks had been placed onto it.

 

At the Greensboro hotel they were staying at. JC had explained to Lonnie and Dre since they had seen the incident the night before, what had happened. They were both worried but the rest of the Nsync members begged them not to say anything to anyone and they reluctantly obliged.

 

"Meredith, honey, we are at the hotel." Dre's deep but soft voice said through the bathroom door.

 

Meredith immediately opened the door and let Dre lead her through the bus, which was now empty. She stopped to get her backpack but kept on right behind him into the Hotel. They went straight to the elevator. And up to the 5th floor to her room. Neither said anything.

 

"You need something, come get me." Dre said then closed the door behind him.

 

She immediately climbed into bed. She hadn't had a wink of sleep the night before and the events on the bus caused her to become even more tired. She fell asleep and about 4 hours later woke up. She looked at the clock. It was 3:30pm. She had a headache and was very hungry. She was about to order room service when she realized she just wanted junk food. She grabbed her purse and walked down the hall where the drink and food machines were.

 

-Out of Order, could this day be any more perfect? -

 

She went to the elevator without thinking and pressed 6, the floor where Nsync was. But she hadn't even thought of that. All she had thought of was her growling stomach and her strange craving for sugar, soft drinks, and potato chips. She rounded the corner of the doorway of the place where the machines were but wasn't paying attention to where she was going. She was looking down in her purse searching for some quarters when she bumped into someone. Her purse fell and all its contents spewed everywhere. She looked up and gasped. There holding a icepack to his face with one hand and a soda in the other, was Justin.

 

"Sorry..."

 

"Looks like you have a problem with bumping into people today." Justin mumbled through one side of his mouth.

 

She ignored the comment and bent down to pick up her things. Justin walked out but noticed two orange bottles that had rolled away from her. They were medicine bottles. Being curious he picked them up and eyed Meredith who wasn't paying attention. He read the labels.

 

-"Prozac, take two tablets daily." "Celexa, take 4 tablets daily." Aren't these drugs for...-

 

"Dropped these..." Justin said quietly handing them to her.

 

She looked up at him shocked when she realized what he had picked up. "Uhh, thanks..." She quickly put the bottles in her purse and got up and went to buy her snacks.

 

"I didn't know...that you were, that you...umm...struggled with....uhhh.." Justin stuttered.

 

"Depression? Well now you know..." Meredith said without emotion.

 

She grabbed her Snickers bar, Dr. Pepper, and BBQ potato chips and quickly walked away.

 

"Hey Meredith?" Justin called after her.

 

She stopped but didn't turn around expecting some rude comment. Justin took the icepack off his face and gently wiped off the water on his cheek that had seeped through. He smiled then cringed at the way it hurt. "I cant talk long, doubt you want to do that anyway..." he smirked and continued, " Uhh, I'm going to get these corn rows taken out tomorrow." He sighed and looked at her back. "I just wanted you to know that, umm, well, you throw one hell of a mean punch." With that Justin turned and walked away, but this time Meredith's voice stopped him.

 

"Please don't tell anyone...about the medicine, about me, about my problem. The only other person that knows on the tour is Johnny." Meredith asked of him.

 

HE turned and started walking backwards and said, "Wasn't planning on it..." HE grinned on one side of his face, turned, and jogged off.

 

-----------------

 

The Next day everyone was at the Greensboro Coliseum getting ready for the Concert that night. All the guys were looking forward to their three days off. Meredith was taking all the guys minus Justin to her hometown and house tomorrow afternoon and she was happy they would get to meet her parents and stuff. Meredith's sister had came and visited her the night before and calmed many of her doubts and worries about Justin, Dan, and life in general. She was feeling a little better but still had a lot of guilt with her for some reason. It was just past lunchtime and everyone had a 2 and 1/2-hour break until sound check. The guys were all off doing their separate things and Meredith was about to go meet JC and Lance and the mall for a little shopping spree but Johnny had stopped her.

 

"Mere, I hate to ask you this, but do you think you could clean out the guys bus. I know you don't want to, but I'll raise your pay. Please Please Please!!!!" Johnny whined.

 

"Well, sigh, OK. IT is my bus too ya know?"

 

"THANK YOU! I know it's your bus. Have you looked around? ITS GROSS! You are a sweetheart! Bye g." Johnny left her alone.

 

Meredith pulled out her cell phone while she strolled over to the bus. When she got on, she went to the lowest cabinet of the kitchenette and pulled out 409, Windex, ect.

 

"Yello?" JC answered.

 

"C its M, got bad news."

 

"Oh no, what is it?"

 

"I got stuck cleaning the bus. I can't meet you and ward off the teenyboppers. Sorry."

 

"Man, that sucks, we were going to go into the Music store and buy Nsync CDs and mess with the clerks head."

 

"THAT WAS MY IDEA!! You cannot do that. It wouldn't be fair. I have to be there when you do that."

 

"I know, I know. But the bus does need to be cleaned."

 

"Forreal, I want you to know that I expect some presents from you guys. You and Lance need to buy me stuff at the mall, Joey owes me a backrub, Chris owes me a free pass to crack on the braids, and Justin...well Justin owes me a lot after what he has pulled. Just kidding, you don't own me a thang, sweet cheeks. BUT ANWAY. Have fun today. Stay out of trouble and I'll see you guys at sound check, k?" She said in one breath.

 

"Whoa now, breathe. Aight g, oh by the way, Lance says hello..."

 

"HEY L-BOOGIE!!" she could hear him yell "whut up, g?" in the background.

 

"We gotta go, I think we've been spotted, yup we have, here come 2 girls right now. Just great, hopefully they won't scream."

 

In the background she heard "OH MY GOD ITS LANCE AND JC!!"

 

"Too late, go boy, run, run, run. RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!!" Meredith joked.

 

"I'm about to!! Gotta jet, fans await. They are already molesting Lance, hehe. Later M"

 

"Bye"

 

Meredith quietly hummed while she cleaned the bus. She thought she could hear someone talking in the back, but then again it was probably just her imagination. Being on tour she wasn't use to much quiet time.

 

She had cleaned the entire bus and headed back to the lounge area, the only place she hadn't cleaned. She was about to open the door but she heard someone in there. She didn't mean to be nosy but her curiosity got to her, so she listened.

 

"Why?....how could you?...I thought you loved me....yeah I know, nothing serious....but it still hurts....Kimberly, I don't know what hurts more, the fact that you did this or the fact that it has happened so many times to me.....You do realize you are like the 5th one...yeah, whatever....I'll miss you too....There's nothing we can do about it now...I'll think about it....Maybe when I get over the shock I'll call you...Bye."

 

Meredith stood there straining to hear. Her breathing had stopped. It had happened. Somehow he had found out the truth.

 

-Go in there now and rub it in his face. DO IT DO IT!! No, no. Give him time. He will come to you. In time.... -

 

Meredith turned to leave and was almost out the door but she heard a crash coming from the back of the bus and decided it would be best to see if he was all right. She slowly walked to the door and listened. Silence. She knocked quietly. Silence. Then she remembered the time when She and the rest of the guys about wet their pants watching Tommy Boy.

 

"Room service, you want clean towel?" Meredith said in a high pitched foreign accent.

 

Silence.

 

She opened the door and stuck her head in and saw him. He was wrapped in a blanket hugging on to a pillow. It was 90 degrees outside and Meredith was surprised to see him shiver under the blanket.

 

"Justin? You OK?"

 

No answer. But he did move. He looked up at her and stared into her brown eyes. His blue ones bore into hers. But she couldn't breathe at the sight of him. His face was drained of color and his cheeks were stained with tears.

 

"Justin..." She said in a gasped whisper. He just moved his head and looked out the window.

 

She sighed and turned to leave. "I'll just leave you alone." She was out the door and it was almost closed when she heard a weak painfilled voice call out.

 

"Wait!" She came into the room and held the door open.

 

"Are you a good listener?" He choked out. She shut the door behind her and nodded her head.

 

"Yeah" she whispered. He patted the spot beside him and she sat down and looked at him. He bowed his head and began to speak.

 

"You were right. Ever since I've known you, you've been right. I was wrong. I should have never treated you the way I have. I was so used to girls using our name and our status to get them somewhere and when Johnny unexpectedly brought you on tour, being such a good friend of his, well, it just seemed too coincidental. I was scared. And I'm really sorry."

 

He looked out the window and sighed. "Kim was never supposed to be serious. She never was. But it still hurts to know that I wasn't enough for her. She said Chad was giving her what she needed, I wasn't. They've been together for a few weeks. This is best for us, but it hurts. I just ruined my cell phone." He pointed to a shattered phone that had been thrown against the wall.

 

“It just hurts too much, sometimes. All this time I was worried about you hurting me, and you were the only person that could help me. I was such a fool. I take back everything I've said badly about you. You are definitely not a slut. You are not a bitch, except when you don't get your sleep, hehe. You're a wonderful person, and I'm sooo sorry. I'll be forever sorry for any pain I've put you through. You don't deserve it. I've just haven't had the best luck with females. They either want me for my fame or because of the preconceived picture of me on TV. Only a few people like me for Justin, just Justin. You were one of those, but I know you probably hate me now. I hate me, too. Is there anything I can do to make this up to you? I was so wrong." He stopped, looked up at her, and was shocked when he saw the broad smile on her face.

 

"Justin I told you, I forgive you. I told you that two nights ago. It's still in tact. And I don't hate you. I never have. Even when you called me...when you, when you called me, Mer-death. I was upset, I was angry. But I didn't hate you. I don't think I can. I've never told anyone that I've hated them. It's like the word love. It's too strong of a word and means too much to be used lightly."

 

"You're amazing, you know that?"

 

"Well, I try." Meredith shrugged and they both laughed.

 

"Whew...Thanks for listening." She stretched out her arms and he pulled himself up to her. She engulfed him in her arms. Her arms were around his neck massaging his the bottom of his hairline where his curls met his neck. His arms were around her back and his hands gently grazed up and down her spine. It caused her to shiver and he held her tighter. "Anytime, anytime" She whispered. They remain like that for a few minutes. Holding each other.

 

-Man, she smells good. I've been such an idiot. Thank you, God, for bringing her here. She truly is amazing. -

 

-Oh my gosh, he smells sooo...intoxicating. Don't ever let go of him, ever!!-

 

Just then they heard the familiar voices of Joey, Chris, Lance, and JC enter the bus.

 

"So the girls were ecstatic. They screamed so loud that the whole mall knew we were there. After a few autographs we had to make excuses to get out of there before it got out of hand."

 

"So, Joey, the answer to your question is no, we did not have time to get your Superman video." Lance stated

 

"Man...That sucks."

 

"Ah ha, you gonna cry about it?" Chris teased

 

Just then the door opened. They found Justin mocking Meredith behind her back who was complaining about him stealing her CD. Justin was sitting on the couch flipping through the channels on the TV and Meredith was going through random backpacks.

 

"What did you do with it?"

 

"I didn't do a damn thing, stop accusing me for stuff."

 

"You're a prick you know that."

 

"Gosh, Meredith you think you could get a better comeback that that." She threw a pillow at him.

 

"Hey, watch the face, I got punched yesterday by a psycho girl!!"

 

"Well, excuse me Mister I-make-millions-of-13-year-olds-melt-with-the-swivel-of-my-hips. I cannot wait for the day when I hurt you so bad that your hip action fails to work and you look like an idiot up there. Then all the girls will head over to the backstreet boys and be watching Nick Carter's swiveling hips. HA! Oh and by the way, thanks for getting rid of the 'rows. I think all of us know by now, even without the corn-rows, that you're just a wanna-be thug."

 

"That's it. Get out, NOW!"

 

"It's my bus too, ya know! I DID just clean it for you guys too. You might think you are mister everything, but in reality you ain't jack!"

 

Justin picked Meredith up by her legs and slung her over his shoulder. "Fine then I'll just remove you myself!!"

 

The guys watched in amazement. They were fighting, as usual, but Justin had a glimmer back in his eyes they hadn't seen in a while. Joey and Chris laughed at the two and JC and Lance stood in shock.

 

Justin made his way out of the bus all the while she was screaming and hitting him.

 

"Put me down!! NOW TIMBERFAKE!!"

 

"I thought I told you not to call me that, squirt!"

 

"That's it!!" She took her hand and slapped him extremely hard on his butt.

 

"WHOAAA, WHOO HOO! YEAHHHH, BABY!! HARDER!!!" He spun her around a few times and before they knew it they were in the venue.

 

"Justinnnnnn, the blood has rushed to my head, and I'm dizzy. This was just supposed to throw off the rest of the guys so they wouldn't suspect anything, not cause me permanent brain damage. Please put me down!!" She whined.

 

He put her down and she wobbled a bit so he steadied her with his hands. "Sorry, hehe, that was fun." He busted out laughing at her face. She had her nose scrunched up and was pouting.

 

"Now I have a headache." She whined in a little kid's voice.

 

"Aww, poor baby."

 

Just then Lonnie and Dre past by and gave them a strange look. Justin and Meredith stared back at them and narrowed their eyes. "Geez, sorry!" Lonnie said.

 

Once they had passed by and were out of sight Justin and Meredith fell into a fit of laughter.

 

"What...is....soo...funny???" Justin asked between laughs.

 

Meredith took a deep breath and collected herself. "I don't know."

 

Justin quit laughing abruptly and put his hand on her shoulders. He lowered his head so that he was eye level with her. He stared into her chocolate eyes and she into his bright blue ones. He grinned and began to speak.

 

"We friends?" He asked carefully and hopefully.

 

She sighed and looked away, "Well, I don't know, I mean, you did call me some nasty things..."

 

His eyes got big and his bottom lip began to poke out. "OH, no, not that face...not THE pout."

 

She tried to look away but he would move his head so that she was forced to look at him.

 

"Oh all right! I give up. Justin Timberlake, congratulations, you are now my friend!!"

 

"YEAH!!! And the crowd goes wild, HAAAAAAAAAAAA" He ran around and imitated a crowd screaming.

 

"Come on, Timberlake, let's go to sound check."

 

"OK....wait a minute...you just called me TimberLAKE."

 

"Yeah, so? I mean if you want me to go back to TimberFAKE, I can..."

 

"No, no, this is fine." He put his arm around her shoulders and she put hers across his back as they walked to sound check. "This is just fine."

 

Chapter 4 by Mere

Chapter 4

 

"In the middle of the night..." Meredith sang in a mock cheesy voice

 

"Middle of the night..." Justin repeated in a mock deep voice.

 

"I go walking in my sleep..."

 

"Walking in sleep..."

 

"To the valley of truth..."

 

"Valley of truth..."

 

"To the river so deeeppp"

 

"River so deep..."

 

"I be searching for something..."

 

"Searching for something..."

 

"OK you two, knock it off. There are other people in this hotel." Mike stopped them

 

"WE are in an elevator Mikey, no one can hear us!" Meredith said in a kid's voice

 

"Yeah, well I sure as hell can, so shut up."

 

"Some one is a little grumpy, what do you say Mr. Justin?" She continued the kid voice.

 

"Miss Meredith I think we need to sing him a song." Justin offered.

 

"How about..." Mike interuppted Meredith.

 

"NO ANYTHING BUT THAT! I will not listen to you two try and rap vanilla ice again."

 

Justin and Meredith looked at each other and He started rapping as she did the backbeat. "STOP, COLLABORATE AND LISTEN..."

 

Mike groaned just as the doors to the elevator opened to Meredith's floor.

 

"Hey, Meredith remember to come up to Chris's room later for a party." Justin reminded her as she stepped out in the hallway.

 

"NO way man! We've all heard you two sing enough tonight. Plus I'm tired." Chris said.

 

Justin pushed the 'door open' button and held it. "AH! Fine then, we will go to Lance's"

 

"J, Lance and JC said they were going to bed I believe." Mike said trying to scan his memory.

 

"Well, then Joey is up, I KNOW Joey is up." Justin tried to solve the problem.

 

"Joey's at a club" Meredith said from the middle of the hallway.

 

"Then it looks like its just me and you squirt. Come to my room, you and me will have a PAR-TAY. Forget all these losers..." Justin answered.

 

"I'm not a loser, I'm just tired. We finally get 3 days off and I'm going to sleep all 3 of them, starting in about 10 minutes."

 

"My thumb is about to fall off from holding this damn button, so shut up Chris, Meredith bring up your 80s CDs, because girl, me and you are about to PARTY HARDY!!"

 

"Oh, great...." Meredith said sarcastically. She turned back towards the elevator to smile at him but the doors were already closed.

 

-------

3:00am

 

"Oh my gosh, you DID that??"

 

"Hey, I had to get her some way."

 

"So you DID date Britney Spears?"

 

"Yeah, but that was back in the MMC days. We are still good friends though."

 

"I want to meet her. I mean there are these two views of her. 1-sweet, innocent, Britney and 2-slutty, bitchy Britney. I want to find out the truth."

 

"She's really nice. You'd like her. She's goofy like you."

 

"I ain't goofy!!"

 

"Yeah you are."

 

Meredith searched for a comeback. "Well, well...you're ugly!!" She giggled at the stupidity of the statement.

 

"Yeah, RIIIIIGHT" Justin rolled his eyes.

 

"You are! You are disgustingly ugly!" She stuck out her tongue.

 

"Oh my gosh, you KNOW that is not true."

 

"So now you are saying that you are hot, is that it?"

 

"THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT I'm SAYING!"

 

"Arrogant bastard." She mumbled

 

"WHAT WAS THAT? Meredith did you just call me a bastard? I can't believe you. I thought you were against bad language and such."

 

"OH pulease, I'm not miss goodie-goodie all the time."

 

"You sure do act like it."

 

"Well excuse me for having morals!"

 

"You're not excused....no just kidding. Morals are great and everything. But I've never seen anyone so strict about them."

 

"Sorry..."

 

"It's not a bad thing. In fact I find it refreshing."

 

"Umm, k? Thanks I guess."

 

"Can I ask you a question without you getting angry? Just slap me if I'm over stepping my boundaries."

 

"Shoot."

 

"Well, what made you decide that you wanted to be abstinent. I mean did one day you just wake up and say I'm not going to have sex until I'm married.' Or did your parents instill it in you, or what?"

 

"That's a good question. And one I've asked myself over and over again. My parents yeah, they are a big factor, my spirituality. You know a lot of stuff." She paused and sighed.

 

"I've seen a lot of people get hurt by sex. And I am not talking about physically. An old friend of mine gave her virginity to a guy that didn't give a crap about her. She got really messed up after that. She's fine now, but that's something she can't get back. I guess because I've never had a boyfriend, I don't know what those feeling are like to have. I mean I've never been close enough to someone to WANT to share that with them. I've never been on a real date. I've only been kissed once, and now I'm embarrassed because I just blurted that out. Gosh, that is embarrassing." Meredith covered her face in her hands, shocked that she had just opened up to Justin and told him secrets about herself no one else knew.

 

He looked at her and smiled. This girl was innocent. Sure she could get wild, but deep inside you could tell she hadn't lived life much. You could tell she have never felt love. And you could tell that's what was eating her up inside.

 

"You shouldn't be embarrassed. It's not that big of deal. But since you are making it out to be, why don't we just drop it and watch a movie. K?" He said with an encouraging smile.

 

"GREAT idea! Sorry I got on my soapbox there. I tend to do that about things I'm passionate about." She rolled over on her stomach and turned on the TV. He sat up against the headboard.

 

"I think its great that you are passionate about things like that. And the amazing thing is, you don't scold or look down on people who aren't like you. I know a lot of people who preach one thing and do another. And I know a lot of people that think they are perfect and look down on people that aren't exactly like them. But you are not like that at all. You have made these bold decisions and have stuck by them, but it's YOUR decision and you don't make other people feel bad because they haven't made the same decisions. For an 18-year-old you act more like 35."

 

"Well my decisions are between me and God, and me and God only."

 

He pointed at her; "You are an angel from heaven aren't you?" Justin asked with a triumphant face as if finally solving a mystery.

 

Meredith quietly laughed and shook her head. "Not quite."

 

Justin sighed and looked around his hotel room. It was a complete and utter disaster. Meredith and him had done so much that night. They had ordered room service and picked at it, then went to the drink and food machines and practically bought them out. After too much sugar and caffeine, they had pretended to karoke to 80s music with hair brushes and Meredith had even done a fashion show for him in his clothes all the while she was trying to act like the members of Nsync. She had successfully portrayed JC, Joey, Chris, Lance, and Justin to a tee. He had had the best time that night. He was actually able to act like a kid, and not be embarrassed to do so. Now, they had spent about 2 hours just chatting away about family, the tour, their childhood, old songs and TV shows, religion, music, life, everything. They had learned so much about each other in a matter of a few hours. And they also had both learned they had a best friend in each other.

 

"So which movie are we going to watch?"

 

"Ummm, Have you seen the Matrix?" Justin shook his head no. "OH MY GOSH! It is THE best movie. That's what we are watching."

 

Meredith got comfortable on the bed, parallel to Justin but lying in opposite directions. Halfway through the movie Justin nudged her leg to see if she was awake. She didn't move. So he quietly lay down beside her on his stomach, just like her. He studied her face. She was breathing deeply and had her eyes closed. She was smiling. And he smiled back at her even though she couldn't see him. This girl was special. It took him a while to notice just how special she was.

 

He had noticed how shy she got when people gave her compliments. Like when he called her an angel. In his eyes, that was what she was. An angel. A perfect angel.

 

"Hey, hey Mere. Wake up." Justin whispered

 

"I'm awake." Meredith said in a groggy voice without moving or opening your eyes.

 

He continued in a whispered almost secretive voice. "OK, but I want you to know you are on my bed, in the clothes you wore all today, falling asleep."

 

"Fine, I'll leave. What time is it anyway?"

 

"Oh my gosh, its 4:30"

 

"I guess I should be going" Meredith stayed right where she was.

 

Justin laughed. "Meredith you aren't moving..."

 

"I know, I'm just really comfortable. You guys get nicer beds than we do. There is another bed in here anyway, you go sleep in it..."

 

"Excuse me, this is MY room!" Justin stopped saying anything else and stared at her. She stayed in her position, falling asleep.

 

"Well you can stay here but I want you to change clothes. I know how you get when you don't sleep in comfortable clothes." He remembered the time on the bus when they had to ride all night and Meredith didn't have any comfortable clothes to wear and complained the whole day about it. Justin went to his bag and pulled out some boxers and a T-shirt and threw them at her. When she didn't make a move to take the thrown articles off or any move for that matter he sighed and mumbled, "OK we will do this the hard way..." He went over to her and jerked her up and dragged her to the bathroom. Meredith stared laughing.

 

"OK OK! I get the point. GEEZ!!" Meredith narrowed her eyes at him but then smiled sweetly and shut the door to the bathroom. A few moments later she emerged from the bathroom in Justin's clothes and found that the bedroom was now dark.

 

"Thanks, now I can't see where I'm walking..."

 

CRUNCH

 

"What was that?" Justin's laughing voice came from one of the beds.

 

"That, was a potato chip, JUSTIN! Thanks to you, I stepped on it because there is no light."

 

Suddenly the light switched on and Meredith squinted her eyes because of the change. She then noticed Justin laying in one of the beds with no shirt on and only a thin sheet covering him from waist down. He had his hands behind his head. He yawned and said, "Better?"

 

"Much, thanks." She said quietly trying not to stare at his bare chest.

 

She stepped over bags and can drinks and made her way to HIS bed.

 

"Meredith, you are NOT sleeping with me! As much as I know you want to, I don't think it would be a good idea. I mean we've only been friends for 12 hours." Justin laughed as she approached him.

 

"I'm not coming to sleep with you, Justin. That's the LAST thing I would WANT to do. I just came to say thanks."

 

"For what?"

 

She sat down on the edge of his bed, leaned over and kissed his forehead. She pulled away and he looked up at her with raised eyebrows and a smirk on his face.

 

-She just kissed my forehead. OH. MY. GOSH! -

 

-I just kissed his forehead. OH. MY. GOSH! -

 

"For giving me a chance." She smiled and patted his shoulder. "Night kiddo."

 

"Kiddo? Me? I'm older than you by a year and a half you know that, right?"

 

"Yeah, I know...kiddo."

 

He sighed. " well I guess anything is better than Timberfake."

 

"HEhe, Night Justin...Timberfake!!! BAWHAHAHAH!" Meredith laughed evilly and got into bed and pulled up the covers around her.

 

Justin leaned over to turn the light off and narrowed his eyes at her as she smiled brightly and sheepishly. "You know if I wasn't this tired I would come over there and attack you but I guess you are just in luck."

 

Meredith grinned smugly and said, "I guess so."

 

HE turned off the light and they were engulfed in darkness.

 

"Night Meredith"

 

"Night Justin"

 

After about 5 minutes of silence, Meredith was just about asleep when...

 

"Meredith..."

 

"whuuuuut?" A strained groan was voiced.

 

"Just wanted to tell you that you looked cute in my boxers and shirt"

 

Meredith's grumpy face slowly turned into a smile. Her back was turned to him and it was pitch black but she knew he was smiling as well.

 

"I look cute in anything." Meredith said with a short laugh.

 

"That's the truth." Justin said while he turned over in his bed, and was soon asleep.

 

-Let her think about THAT for a while. HEHE. See if she can sleep NOW.-

 

Meredith was now wide-awake.

 

-Uhh, hello? He just told me that I was cute. Does that mean anything? Girl, he is on the rebound. Do not even think that. Plus, you've just become friends with him. Gosh, he IS an awesome friend. Oh my God did you see him laying in the bed without a shirt on, WOW. I'm so glad we've worked this out. Man, I hope these are clean boxers. MMMMMMM, his shirt smells so good. It smells like.... Him. -

 

And with that, Meredith was fast asleep.

 

-------------------

 

KNOCK KNOCK

 

"JUSTIN, WAKE UP MAN!!" Lance yelled through his door.

 

Justin groaned and Meredith laughed. They had both been woken up about a minute ago by Lance's knocking. Justin's face had an imprint of something on it, but she couldn't tell what it was. His face was scrunched up and his eyes were squinted. He took his hands and rubbed the sleep out of his eyes. His massive afro was sticking out in every direction. He looked like a little kid, and Meredith just giggled to herself at his appearance.

 

-Man, I bet all them little 14 year olds would just LOVE to see this right now. Where is my camera? -

 

"LANCE DO YOU KNOW WHAT TIME IT IS??" Justin finally yelled.

 

"YEAH, DO YOU!! IT'S 12:30 CURLY"

 

Justin looked at Meredith who was quietly giggling. He managed to start giggling too. Finally he pulled the covers off of him and stormed to the door. Just as his was going to open it, Meredith ran and stretched out her arms across the door and stood in the way.

 

"What ARE you doing?" Justin asked annoyed.

 

Meredith smiled evilly and wiggled her eyebrows. "Wanna have some fun?"

 

Justin smiled curiously and said, "What kinda fun?"

 

"You yell at Lance and say, 'I'll be there in 5 minutes, let me put some clothes on.'" Justin smiled brightly when he started understanding her plan.

 

Meredith continued, "I'll go make one of the beds and mess up the other one really good. I'm going to go in the bathroom. You bring Lance in and just, hehe, follow my lead k?"

 

"I'm kinda confused."

 

"Oh, this is going to work perfectly." She rubbed her hands together and smiled devilishly

 

"You are evil."

 

"I don't like people waking me up in the mornings, err, afternoons." She said evilly.

 

"ME either!" Justin and her slapped hands and got to work.

 

"JUSTIN?? WHATS GOING ON IN THERE?" Lance called.

 

"HEY I'M COMING. JUST LET ME PUT SOME CLOTHES ON." Justin snickered to himself.

 

Meredith made up one bed and messed the other one up in record time. She quickly took her and Justin's articles of clothing from the day before and randomly threw them around the room. She took her bra and blindly threw it a Justin by accident.

 

HE caught it and they both laughed hard but silently. Justin hung the bra over the mirror where he was sure Lance would notice it.

 

Meredith ran into the bathroom, closed the door and started the shower. She took off Justin's shirt and put her head under the water to get it wet. She wrapped it up in a towel and put Justin's shirt back on. She then looked at her self in the mirror.

 

-I DO look cute in his clothes-

 

Meanwhile...

 

"Come in, sorry I didn't get much sleep last night."

 

Lance looked at Justin; he looked like he had just gotten up, and that WAS the truth. HE also noticed that Justin just had on boxers.

 

"Umm, J, I thought you said you had to put on clothes. You just have on boxers..."

 

"Umm, yeah, well, you see, I had to put on boxers, uhh..." Justin stuttered.

 

"Since when did you start sleeping naked?" Lance looked at him disgustingly.

 

"Well, umm..." Justin didn't know how far Meredith was going to take this joke. She had said, "follow her lead."

 

Lance had lost interest in Justin's apparel when he saw the bra. He stared at it and opened his mouth in shock as Justin fiddled around searching for some clothes.

 

"Umm, Justin, have you seen, umm, Meredith. She's not in her room. And, umm, what is, uhh, a, umm, bra doing in your, uhh, room?" Lance stuttered.

 

"Oh, umm..."

 

"JUSTY, BABY???...OH hi Lance...Could you hand me my bra please?" Meredith stuck her head wrapped in a towel out of the bathroom door. Lance stared at her and then at Justin. As Lance turned his head and looked at Justin, Meredith winked and mouthed 'Play along'. She smiled and Justin smiled back.

 

"Sure thang, doll." He went and grabbed the bra off the mirror and handed it to her. She looked up and him and he stared down at her. She stood on her tiptoes and planted a loud kiss on his cheek. Lance stood in shock.

 

Meredith finally re-entered the room in Justin's shirt and boxers drying her hair with the towel. She sneaked up behind Justin. He was rummaging through a bag. He now had on jeans but no shirt. She wrapped her arms around him from behind and he straightened and turned in her arms.

 

"Morning buttercup, did you sleep well?" Justin asked.

 

"You KNOW I slept, REALLLLLL well." Meredith smiled playfully. Justin smiled back at her in his arms.

 

"WHAT KIND OF PARTY DID YOU TWO HAVE LAST NIGHT?" Lance yelled in shock.

 

Meredith looked up at Justin sheepishly and he bent down and kissed her temple quickly, and went back to search for a shirt. Meredith sauntered up to Lance. Justin found a shirt, turned around and watched Meredith finish her plan.

 

She got right up to Lance and ran a finger across his jawbone, down his neck, to his chest where she poked it playfully. "Lance, don't tell me you didn't know that me and Justin well, that we have a little agreement to fulfill each others needs, sexually, whenever desired."

 

Meredith turned and looked at Justin who stood in shock at her boldness. Lance was staring at Meredith also so he didn't notice Justin's shock. "I thought everybody knew." She winked at him and he just shook his head in disbelief.

 

She turned her attention back to Lance and said, "Anytime you need YOUR needs to be fulfilled, you KNOW whom to call." With that she grabbed her clothes from the day before from their random spaces around the room.

 

She walked to the door, opened it and called back to them, "Tell everyone be ready at 1:30, we are going for a RIDEEEE." With that she left.

 

Lance and Justin starred at each other and then both ran after Meredith.

 

"WHAT KIND OF RIDE?" Justin yelled after her.

 

"Get your mind out of the gutter, Curly Q. I'm taking *Nsync to my hometown!" With that she stepped in the elevator and waved as the doors closed, still clad in Justin's clothes.

 

Lance turned and looked at Justin. "You gots some explaining to do..."

 

"No, Lance, it's not what you think. It was all a joke. We stayed up the whole night talking and she was too tired to walk back to the room so she slept in there with me. Well not WITH me. But in the room. Different beds." Justin laughed.

 

"But, the clothes, the bed, the kisses..." Lance asked trying to make sense out of it all.

 

"It was all a joke, Lance." Justin sighed, disappointed.

 

Lance looked at Justin. Something was different. "You like her don't you?"

 

"Of course I like her, she is a great friend."

 

"No, you like her, like her." Lance said teasingly

 

“Lance, I just got on her good side yesterday. I don't believe I've grown feelings for her that fast." Justin said almost trying to convince himself.

 

"I'm just an observer. But listen Curly, if you ARE falling for her, you better watch out. She's not your typical fan. She's not your typical groupie. She's not your typical girl. She's different. And she won't know what she's getting into with you. And you probably wont realize what you are getting into with her, either. So, be careful with her. I know you've been hurt before. But don't give up your heart too easily. Because once you do, with THAT girl, its permanent." Lance turned and walked down to his room.

 

Justin stood there in shock. Why was Lance telling him this? Why did he listen? He wasn't falling for her. He had spent one night with her. It doesn't happen that fast. Or does it? He couldn't be falling for her. It wasn't possible. He just couldn't, could he?
Chapter 5 by Mere

Chapter 5

 

2 weeks later…

 

Meredith had spent the last two weeks having so much fun.  The day of the "JustINmere" incident, as they called it, they all went to Meredith's house and met her parents.  And ever since that day she had become closer and closer to the guys.  She seriously considered them her brothers now.  Her and Chris always had some wild scheme up their selves.  Her and JC were always in deep conversations about insignificant things, like Star Wars.  Her and Joey always were shopping together.  Her and Lance were constantly karoking to the radio. And Her and Justin were best friends. 

 

Yes, through it all she had become so close to Justin that they were practically inseperatable.  Lots of times people hated to be in the same room as them because they had so many inside jokes that they would sometimes just go off into their own little world and leave everyone else behind.  But everyone was happy it was that way, other than the craziness that surrounded the two at the beginning of the tour. 

 

Meredith used to watch every show from the backstage and comment and make fun of the guys whenever they would come back for costume change.  But after doing that every night she had retired to just sitting in a lounge area taking messages for them on their cell phones and watching TV or movies.

 

She sat on a plush couch of *Nsync's dressing room watching a tom green episode.  Every now and then, one of the 5 phones would ring and she would pick it up and take messages.  In front of JC's phone there was one message: "Call Cindy".  Lance had a message from Leslie and Chris had a message from Danielle.  Joey had about 16 messages from randomly selected girls.  And Justin's piece of paper for messages was empty.  But just as Meredith was about to read into Justin's blank piece of paper his phone rang and a shot of jealously surged through her.

 

-OK, so all the guy's girlfriends have call them tonight.  Justin doesn't have a girlfriend, I don't think. You would know if he did. Who could be calling him? Don't be jealous.  Don't be jealous. There is no reason to be.  Even if it is a girl. -

 

"Hello, Justin's phone?"

 

"Yes, This is Mrs. Harless, his mother.  Is he on stage right now?"

 

Meredith sighed in relief. "Why hello Mrs. Harless, this is Meredith, the boy's assistant.  Yeah he is up there making the girls smile."

 

"Hello dear, and please call me Lynn.  Even though I haven't met you face to face, I feel like I've known you all your life.  Justin just wont shut up about you."

 

"Oh, really?"  Meredith was surprised.

 

"Yeah, but I cannot talk much longer.  Just tell him I called and to call me back whenever he gets a free minute."

 

"All right."

 

"Thanks, doll. Bye bye!"

 

"Bye!"

 

Meredith smiled and placed his phone down.  And wrote, "Justin your mother called" on the paper, with a smiley face.

 

-Now if that is not the cutest thing, I do not know what is. -

 

"Hey M, tha boys bout done.  Get your things and get on the bus."  Dre peeped his head in the door and told her.

 

"Be there in a flash."

 

She gathered her things, the guys cell phones and messages, and walked out of the venue onto the bus.  Security and other crewmembers bustled around.  None of them took notice of her.  She laughed.  At the beginning of the tour almost everyone would stop her and ask for a pass.  Everyone thought she was a fanatic or something.  Now, they were just numb to her presence.  It made her think about how much of a home she had here.  She would be extremely sad when it was over.

 

She climbed onto the bus, grabbed a bottle of water from the mini-fridge and threw her backpack in her bunk.  She grabbed her purse and pulled out the two familiar bottles.  Just then Justin ran onto the bus.

 

"Whew, what a show. I'm beat! Sup, M&M?"

 

"Hey J..." she said with a sigh.

 

"Oh no, what's wrong now?"

 

She looked down at the bottles and back at him.  "I'm tired of taking this stuff.  Whenever I do it reminds me that I'm not in control of my life."  She took out the pills she needed and swallowed them and followed them with water.

 

"Oh well, I guess it's just a fact of life."  She finished.

 

She walked back into the kitchenette area where Justin was gulping down his water.

 

"Thirsty are we?"  She chuckled.

 

"Uh huh.  Don't worry about the pills Meredith.  One day you won't need them anymore.  That's what you need to look at.  Just think of the day that you DONT have to take them and can be yourself.  Isn't that worth the struggle now?"

 

"I guess your right."

 

"OH honey, I'm always right." He smirked.

 

Just then Lance and JC ran unto the bus.

 

"Hey chica, what's shaking?" JC asked.

 

“Nada, mi amigo. Hola L-boogie." Meredith said

 

"Hola, Como estas?"  Lance answered

 

"Asi asi! y tu?"

 

"Muy bien, gracias."

 

"WHOA NOW, when did you 2 learn Spanish??"  JC asked amazed.

 

"Don't fret C, that's all we know. Right gringo?"  Meredith said.

 

"Right g" Lance answered

 

Joey and Chris ran on the bus.

 

"All right we all here. Lets go" Chris yelled.  The bus then skidded off taking them to their hotel.

 

"So what's on the agenda tonight?" Joey asked.

 

"Wait a moment I got messages for you guys." Meredith put in pulling out a sheet of paper.

 

Every member of Nsync stopped what they were doing and waited impatiently for her to continue.

 

"Lance, Leslie called.  JC, Cindy called.  Chris, 'D' called.  Joey; Samantha, Jennifer, Courtney, Crystal, Megan, and Susan called. And Justin...." She paused to make sure everyone was listening. "...Your mommy called."

 

All the guys giggled at Justin. "Would you look at that!  All us got our girlfriends calling us and 'ol Curly, heartthrob of NSYNC, gets only a call from his mommy.  Ahahaha" Chris teased.

 

"Hey, don't crack on him, I think its sweet."  Meredith stuck up for him.

 

"Yeah, see, girls love that sweet stuff like that, come 'ere Meredith you know you want me" With that Justin pulled her into a huge, sweaty, bear hug.

 

"Oh my gosh, get your sweaty self off of me.  I am NOT a 14-year-old hormonal freak that would kill to have your sweat on me.  I'm a 18 year old MOODY freak that will KILL you if you do that again."

 

"Sorry, geez. All I wanted was some lovin, baby."  Justin said as Meredith rolled her eyes.

 

"OK, anyways, back to the original question, what is the plan for tonight?"  Joey asked.

 

"Club anyone?"  JC mentioned.

 

"Sounds good to me."  Chris said.

 

"Me too." Justin put in.

 

"Umm, I think I am just going to call Les and go to bed." Lance said.

 

"Digital Digital Get DOOOOOOWNNNNNN" JC sang.

 

"Shut up, I'm not into all that cybersex crap like you are.  You ARE the one that wrote that song, C" Lance put in.

 

"I know!"  JC said in a sexy voice.

 

"What bout you, g?  You feel like unleashing the booty tonight?"  Justin poked at her sides and grinned.

 

"Oh my gosh.  You guys need to get over the fact and stop cracking on me because I can booty dance."  Meredith stretched her arms.

 

"WE aren't cracking.  We think its cool.  I mean, Girl, you got some moves on you!!"  Justin reassured her.

 

"Thanks, I guess.  But no, I think I'll just stay at the hotel tonight and catch up on sleep."

 

"YOU SUCK!" Joey yelled.

 

"Pansy" Chris added.

 

"Come on Mere, go wild!" JC commented.

 

Meredith waited for Justin to comment and when he didn't she looked at him.

 

"What?  You want me to say something?  Well, I am not going to.  This is your decision.  You don't have to go if you don't want to."  Justin shrugged.

 

"Thank you." Meredith said genuinely.

 

"BUT, I will miss you...and your booty."  The lip began to poke out and the eyes got droopy.

 

"Nope, it ain't gonna work Timberlake. I'm too tired for even the pout to have power.  Have fun tonight guys.  If you need me before we get to the hotel, I'll be in my bunk."

 

With that she got up and left and plopped down in her bunk.  She dreamed of Dan, and the good times she had with him when she was little.  She dreamed of the night it all had changed and then she dreamed of her being in a pitch black hole, alone.  She had fallen and someone was reaching down to her.  She reached for their hands but she couldn't get to them.  Finally they lowered and picked her up out of the darkness.  She was brought up into a room of just white.  She looked around for a way out but saw none.  A figure was coming towards her.  The one that had lifted her out of the darkness.  The closer he came the more sure she was that it was him.  Justin.  He came up to her and wrapped his arms around her and hummed to her. And she was finally, truly happy.

 

"Mere, we are here.  MAAAAARRREEEEDEETTHHH!  GET UP G!"

 

Meredith rubbed her eyes and looked out her bunk to a smiling Justin. "We're at the hotel sleepyhead."  He said.  He reached his arms out to her to help her up and she looked at him in shock.  It had been a dream, but it was all too real.  She placed her hands in his and shocks of electricity surged through her.  She climbed out of the bunk and he led her off the bus into the hotel, hand in hand.

 

-------------

2 hours later

 

Justin stood in the elevator silently as he and Mike rode up to the 6th floor.  He had been at the club for about an hour, but wasn't having that great of a time, so decided come on back to the hotel.

 

"You sure aren't saying much, J."  Mike stated.

 

"Oh, I'm just tired, I guess."  Justin responded.

 

Just then the doors to the elevator opened and Mike stepped out.  But Justin remained in the elevator.

 

"Umm, Justin, this is your floor."  Mike chuckled.

 

"Yeah, I know, but I'm going to go down to the 5th floor and see what the crew's doing."

 

"Umm, OK?  I thought you said you were tired." Mike said stepping back on the elevator before the doors shut.

 

"Well..." Justin started but was interrupted.

 

"Oh, how stupid of me.  I know what you're going to do.  Tell Meredith I said hello."

 

"How did you know she was who I was going to see?"  Justin inquired.

 

"Justin, you and her are best friends.  Who ELSE would you be going to see?"

 

"I might just need to talk to Cecil about my wardrobe or something." Justin remarked.

 

"Yeah, RIIIIIGHT."  The elevator doors opened and Mike and Justin walked into the hallway.

 

"Well, if you are just going to see Meredith I guess I can leave you for the night.  No going out by yourself buddy.  Night bro."  Mike walked to his room and went inside.

 

Justin walked over to Meredith's room, which was the very last one at the end of the hall.  He was about to knock when he noticed her door was cracked.  He could hear someone singing.  It wasn't perfect but it had a special sweetness and smoothness he cherished.  He had never heard her sing like that before.  This was her true voice.  This wasn't her normal mocking tone she would use.  This was pure. 

 

Justin pushed the door slightly and saw her.  His breath caught in his throat when he saw her appearance.  She had on no shoes or socks and comfy Abercrombie gray sweatpants hanging low on her hips with a navy stripe down the sides.  He could see the rim of her lavender underwear and could see they were form Victoria's Secret.  This just teased him more.  Her fit stomach was exposed because she had only navy blue sports bra on. Her hair was let down and was still damp from her shower.  It lightly brushed against her back when she moved. She hadn't noticed him staring at her.  She hadn't noticed him at all.  She was packing her things because they had spent about a week here and were leaving the day after tomorrow extremely early.  She was singing hymns.  It always seemed to calm her and put her at ease, no matter WHAT was happening. 

 

Justin smiled.  She was singing old Baptist hymns.  It reminded him of his childhood.  It reminded him of his life before all the craziness.  It reminded him of normality.  She had a way with him.  She could always make him forget that he was some superstar.  She kept him grounded. Whenever his ego would get too big she would call him on it and set him back into reality.  She didn't care that he was Justin Timberlake of *Nsync.  To her he was just Justin, "the dude with the fro" as she called him.  Justin laughed at himself when he thought of that.  He loved her for this.  He loved her.

 

-No, WAIT A SECOND.  I did not just think the word love did I?  I did. SHIT.  This cannot be happening.  No, no, no.  OK, OK. Calm down.  You do love her.  But just as a friend, right?  Right!  Right? -

 

The next thing he knew she was singing another hymn oblivious to him and his gawking stare.

 

Justin entered the room and began singing with her but harmonizing his voice in the process.  This startled her but she kept on singing.

 

"Meredith, why didn't you ever tell me you could sing?"

 

"Oh, I can sing.  I just figured you wouldn't be able to STAND to hear me sing." Meredith chuckled.

 

"You have a voice. A good one.  So what if you aren't Aretha Franklin?  You still have a voice.  You need to use it more often."

 

"Uh, thanks Justin.  That means a lot.  I really love to sing, but I'm kinda self conscious about it." She smiled genuinely. She looked at him fully and noticed his intense blue eyes looking all over her body.  She suddenly became aware of the fact that she had only a sports bra on and she crossed her arms over her stomach to cover herself.  But she couldn't remove her eyes from him.

 

He looked hot.  He had on dark denim jeans, with boots. He wore a tight black shirt without sleeves and had some red design on it.  She noticed it was one of JC's but she couldn't take her eyes off his arm muscles.  A red bandanna concealed his hair and a few curls escaped from the back. He stepped closer to her, unable to take his eyes off of her small body. 

 

"You shouldn't be self conscious about it." He whispered.

 

Meredith noticed his stare and it frightened her so she broke it.

 

"Wanna sing another one then.  I mean you've already heard my voice, I guess I can't hide it now."

 

He smiled brightly at her, "what do you want to sing?"

 

"Umm, lets sing one of my favorites "This is my fathers world."  You know it?"

 

"Of course I know it.  I grew up Baptist.  I know these songs, g!"

 

"Alrighty then..."

 

"This is my fathers world..." Meredith began.

 

"And to my listening ears..." Justin sang an octave lower.

 

"All nature sings and round me rings.

The music of the spheres."  They sang together.

 

Meredith closed her eyes and began to sing with all her heart.  Justin just stopped and stared adoringly at her and listened.

 

She opened her eyes when she noticed Justin not singing and she caught his stare.

 

"That was beautiful."  He stunningly whispered.

 

She barely made out, "Thanks"

 

They stared into each other's eyes not really understanding what was going on, what these feelings were that they were sharing.  They both were confused.  Meredith felt awkward under Justin's intense eyes and decided it would be best to break the spell.

 

She turned and busied herself with packing. "Aren't you supposed to be clubbing?"

 

"It was boring."  HE said as he plopped down on her bed, pick up the remote and started channel surfing.

 

"Oh, so you decide to come here and watch me pack instead?  Sometimes I wonder how that mind of yours thinks."

 

"Hehe, well, it WOULD have been fun if a particular BOOTY dancer would have come with us."

 

"OK OK, ENOUGH ABOUT THE BOOTY DANCE!!  I knew I should have NEVER done that.  I knew that once I unleashed the booty you guys would go nuts."

 

"Hehe, hey, look who it is..." Justin said pointing to the TV. Meredith turned to look and saw the guys on the 2000 MTV movie awards. 

 

"That was a really good performance."  Meredith said patting him on the back.

 

"I know, I know.  What can I say, we are gods!"  Justin smirked.

 

"Oh pulease.  I said it was a good performance.  I didn't say it was great.  I mean it was OK, for you guys.  Just look at that coat you have on.  What IS that??  And you KNOW you don't want me to start talking about the cornrows, AGIAN. I thought you were having a wanna-be Chris frenzy or something.  By the way, you NEED a haircut.  The curls are WILD!  I don't even want to think about what is growing in there.  You look like a freakin ch-ch-ch-chia pet!"

 

"I thought it was a wanna-be Thug frenzy?  And I ain't no Chia pet, squirt." 

 

"Well..you...look like...one to...me!"  Meredith said laughing hard.

 

Justin laughed at Meredith.  Her laugh could become contagious.

 

He watched her walk back and forth across the room, packing her bags and chatting about random things. Finally Justin got tired of watching her walk back and forth so he reach out his arms and grabbed her by the waist.  He sat her down in his lap and wrapped his strong, muscular arms around her.

 

"Justin, we can't get freaky now, I'm trying to pack."  Meredith giggled tried to lighten the intense mood.

 

"You were making me dizzy walking back and forth so I decided to do something about it.  Besides, I want to talk to you and I want to have your full attention."  Justin stared at her face, making a memory of every feature.

 

"What is it? It's not bad right?" Meredith asked cautiously.

 

"No, no. I just want you to know that you are my best friend." Justin started his speech and held her tighter.

 

"I mean, I spend every minute with these people around me, and I have for 5 years of my life now.  But you, you're different.  I've only known you for about 2 months.  Not even that long, and I feel like you know more about me than I know about myself.  Frankly, it scares me."

 

Justin sighed and broke his stare with her and looked down at the floor. "I've never had a girl that was my best friend.  You've shown me how great of a thing that is.  And In a few weeks this whole tour is going to be over with.  I'll be in Florida and you will go back to North Carolina.  I don't want you to forget about me cause there is no way in hell I can forget about you.  I don't want just a phone call now and then or a postcard.  I want to stay in touch with you, really.  Every chance you get I want you down in Florida with the guys and me.  OK?  I'm going to miss you too much.  You see me for me, and not for all this glitter.  You care for me for me and not because I'm famous.  That means more to me than anything, and I'm not ready to just let that go.  You are a rare thing, Meredith. And I can't let you go that easily.  I love you too much to let you go that easily."  Justin finally gazed back into her eyes that were now brimming with tears.

 

"Justin, I'll miss you too.  I don't want to go.  You guys have given me a new life here.  I life I don't deserve, but one I cherish none the less.  I was afraid you would want to just forget about me after this, but I'm glad you don't."  She laughed and looked at him.  "You are, you have become my best friend.  I never thought I could have that with someone again after things that have happened to me before.  You've taught me to trust myself with other people.  You've shown me how to love someone just because they are my friend.  I love you, Justin.  You mean so much to mean, you will never know." 

 

The tears now fell freely from her face and Justin just wiped them away for her.  He pulled her into a hug and just held her as she cried. 

 

-There is something more about her.  She's not telling me the whole story.  She will in time, though.  Lord, she is amazing.  She puts up this front of strength, humor, and fun.  But she's nothing but a lost child inside.  I'm going to be the one to find her.  I have to be the one. -

 

He pulled away from her but kept her in his arms. He titled his head and looked her straight in the eye and said, "You're amazing."

 

A tear fell from her eye and he cupped her cheek and wiped it away with his thumb. "You're an angel, Justin.  You're MY angel."  She whispered back.

 

He titled her head down with his hands and brought his lips to her forehead.  He let them linger there while he closed his eyes.  He pulled away and saw one tear slip from her wide, beautiful, chocolate eyes.  He brought his lips to her cheek and kissed the tear away.  He then rested his forehead on hers and stared straight into her crying brown eyes.  His blue ones smiled back at her. 

 

He whispered, "I'll always be your angel." He slowly closed his eyes and leaned in for a kiss, but was interrupted.

 

"HEY G!  You got that book I let you borrow?"  Lance called from behind the door about to open it.  Just before he did Meredith leaped out of Justin's lap and wiped her face clean of the tears and busied herself packing.  Justin lay back on her bed and covered his face in his hands.

 

-Man, that was intense. -  He thought to himself.

 

Just then, Lance and Chris busted through the door.

 

"Hey guys, what's going on?" Chris asked.

 

Justin spoke through his hands and it sounded more like a mumble but it was audible.  "Chris I thought you were at the club."

 

"Yeah, it got pretty boring after awhile so I just decided to come on back here.  Clubs are boring if you are committed to someone."

 

Meredith stopped and glanced at Justin.

 

-Justin had said the club was boring.  And he came back to talk to me.  He just about kissed me.  Right?  God, please help me.  I'm so confused.  He's everything to me, and more.  I can't lose him. -

 

"Lance your book is on the night stand." Meredith quietly said trying to stop her thoughts.

 

"Oh thanks" Lance grabbed the book and walked to the door.  "Gotta go, Leslie wants me to call her back in like 2 minutes. Bye."

 

"Bye Lance." Justin mumbled.

 

Chris plopped down next to the frustrated Justin and noticed the tension in the room.

 

"Uhh, what have you guys doing?" Chris asked quietly and carefully.

 

"TALKING!" Justin and Meredith both said at the same time.  They looked at each other and smiled shyly.

 

"WHOA, OK, SUUUURRRRE.  Well I guess I'll just let you two be.  Night lovebirds."  With that Chris got up and left.  He ran out the room and Meredith went to go say some smart comment to him. But just as she was at the door Justin came behind her and pushed it shut.  She turned around and looked up at his tall frame.  He looked down at her and thought for a moment. Then spoke.

 

"All the guys are going to the beach tomorrow.  It was just supposed to be a "guy thing" but I think we can manage to let you tag along.  Wanna come?"  Justin asked hopefully.

 

"Nah, if it was just supposed to be a 'guy thing' I would feel out of place." Meredith tried to walk past him but he grabbed her arm.

 

"Please, come.  For me?"  Justin asked hopefully not letting go of her arm.  He looked at her and for the first time Meredith had known him he didn't use the puppy face to get what he wanted.  Usually he would just pout and turn his eyes wide.  But this time he just smiled shyly and looked into her eyes. She couldn't resist him.

 

"What time do you want me to be ready?" She quietly said.

 

"10:30" Justin smiled pulling her close to him.

 

"I guess this is goodnight then." Meredith whispered as he lowered his head.  He closed his eyes as his face got dangerously close to hers.  He titled his head and whispered against her lips "I guess so..." He then brushed his lips against hers and pulled away.

 

He whispered, "Goodnight, Meredith." so close to her that she could feel his breath against her face.  He let go of her arms and straightened himself and went to open the door.

 

 She stood there shocked.  It had happened so fast and lasted no more than 2 seconds.  But he had managed to completely make her numb.  She couldn't move at all, afraid she would fall down. 

 

He stepped out of the door and pulled it shut but looked over his shoulder one last time at her. 

She was slowly bringing her fingers to her lips and was staring off into space, the space where he had just been. 

 

He smiled brightly and whispered, "See you at 10:30" And he closed the door.

 

The click of the door caused Meredith to jump and realize what had just happened.  She began to smile.  She tried to wipe the smile off her face.  She would clamp her mouth shut but it would just turn into a broad smile.  She turned on the TV and tried to watch a depressing news story.  But she wasn't paying attention.  Finally she turned the TV off and got into bed.  She turned out the light and closed her eyes.  Eventually she fell asleep.  But she was still smiling.

 

----------

Justin shot up straight out of bed.  His phone had woken him up.

 

"ello?"  Justin said groggily, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes.

 

"Wake up call, Mr. Timberlake! It's 10 be down by the van in 30 minutes.  I'm ready to go scoop out the honeys."  Joey told him.

 

"OK, I'll be there."  Justin huskily said and blindly hung up the phone. He carefully lay back down in bed.  His sheets were covered in sweat and so was he.  He threw the sheets off of him and tried to catch his breath.

 

-Man, that was one Grrrrrrreat dream. Meredith, Me, kissing, touching...whew, Man....-

 

Justin whistled softly then just laid there with a smile on his face.  He really had had an intense dream.  Too intense.  He hadn't had dreams like that in a while.  He needed a shower, even though he was going to the beach.  He needed a cold one.

 

So, he jumped in the shower and got ready for the beach.

 

--------

Outside waiting in a big white van were Mike, Dre, Lonnie, Meredith, JC, and Chris.  Mike was in the driver's seat, Meredith had called shotgun and the rest of the guys were sprawled out on each of the three rows of seats behind them. 

 

"I'm ready for the BEACH!!"  Chris yelled.

 

"Yeah you NEED some rays, boy" JC joked.

 

"Oh you don't have any room to talk Casper."  Chris responded.

 

Just then Joey, Lance, Justin, Randy, and Todd (two other security guards) opened the van door.

 

"OK, there is NO WAY we can all fit in here." Lance commented.

 

"It's because Johnny got happy with the guards and we have to bring them ALL!"  Joey said. "But we still love you guys."

 

Joey and Randy climbed into the back seat with JC.  Lance sat beside Chris and Dre in the middle.  Justin sat in-between Lonnie and Todd in the front seat.  Meredith turned around.  Sure, there were just enough seats for everyone, but between all the Nsync members, the bulky guards, and the beach supplies, Everyone was squished.  Except for her and Mike who comfortably lounged in the front seats.  Meredith laughed at everyone's uncomfortable positions.

 

"Comfy guys?"  Meredith asked trying not to laugh.

 

"YES THANK YOU!"  Chris said sarcastically.

 

"How did MEREDITH get shotgun?" Justin asked with a snobby voice.  Meredith ignored it and commented.

 

"I'm just special.  Remember J? YOU invited me, so I'm the guest!"  Meredith said turning back around and looking out the window as they passed palm trees of southern California.  "By the way, what beach are we going to?  Hopefully something nice.  I've never been to a Cally beach before.  And you guys ARE Nsync.  So you better have gotten the hook up." 

 

"Well, well, well.  Someone is a little spoiled, what do ya say fellas?"  Lonnie chided as all the guys made their own comments.  Meredith smiled evilly to herself and turned on the radio.  It was on an r&b station but she quickly changed it to NPR news.  She looked at Mike and he was laughing quietly as she pretended to enjoy the song, err, talking.  All the guys started to groan. 

 

"We are going to a private beach, M."  Mike told her.

 

"Then why all the guards? No offense." She asked.

 

"Like Joey said, Johnny got happy, whenever they are out, they need protection, especially in this area.  The beach will be marked off, but that doesn't mean someone can't sneak on.  And I'm sure each one of you will be doing your own thing."

 

"I don't need security!" Meredith said firmly.

 

"You might not be famous, but with those freaks behind us, you'll need all the security you can get!"  Mike chuckled along with Meredith.

 

A few minutes later Meredith was watching the scenery but out of the corner of her eye noticed a muscular arm and nicely shaped hand reach its way, slowly, to the radio.  Right before the hand reached the dial she grabbed it.  A tingly sensation ran up her arm to her neck, down her body all the way to her toes.  She knew who it was.

 

Still staring out the window she said, "Justin, I think you need to put your seatbelt on.  And DONT touch the radio.  You know the rules. Shotgun always controls the radio."

 

She finally turned her head and noticed Justin leaning between the driver and passenger seats.  He was staring up at her and smiling an incredibly sexy and confident smile that he knew and she knew would make her sweat.

 

"Sorry, I'll try and remember the rules next time."  He winked at her and she was still holding on to his hand. "I'm going to need that hand back sometime, Meredith." He smiled even brighter when her adoring expression turned to one of annoyment. 

 

She took his hand in hers and Slapped it with her other hand like a teacher would slap a child's with a ruler.

 

"Ouch.  What was that for?"  He asked playfully.

 

She bent down to where their faces were only inches apart and whispered, "That's for flirting with me."  With that Meredith released his hand changed the radio to back to the r&b station which caused a roar of excited cheers to break out in the van.

 

Looking out the window she said "Get back in your seat and put on your seat belt, Justin."  When he didn't move Meredith looked at him as if a mother would look at a child in trouble.  He looked up at her with his mouth open and eyes wide. 

 

"You're not my momma!"  Justin commented shocked.  Then he returned to his seat.

 

Meredith looked over at Mike who was paying attention to the road. She turned around and noticed all the guys in the back were oblivious to the little scene that had just happened.  She was glad because if anyone had noticed the flirting, both her and Justin would never live it down. 

 

But someone had noticed.

 

As Justin relaxed back into his seat Lonnie turned to him and whispered, "What was all that about?"

 

"What was what about?"

 

"Don't act like you don't know what I'm talking about J!  The whispers, the handholding, the smiles, the long stares.  Are you and Meredith, umm, an item?"  He asked carefully.

 

"WHAT? No, no! Not at all." Justin said.  "Not yet at least..." he mumbled thinking no one would hear.

 

But Lonnie HAD heard him. 

 

He looked at Justin with wide eyes and an open mouth.  Justin just bowed his head and shook it.  He then turned his head to the side to catch a sight of Lonnie.  A smile crept up on Justin's face at the thought of him and Meredith.  Lonnie's shocked expression turned into a bright smile and he began to laugh.  Justin just sat back and crossed his arms over his chest, glancing at Meredith every now and then and grinning.
Chapter 6 by Mere

Chapter 6

 

"You guys don't go off by yourself and if you see anyone suspicious tell us!!" Mike called after them.

 

"Yes DADDY!" the guys yelled to him as they ran off down the beach.

 

"AND PUT SOME SUNSCREEN ON THOSE WHITE BODIES OF YOURS!" Meredith yelled at them.

 

"Yes MOTHER!" they all called to her.  She just shook her head and plopped her lounge chair and bag on the sand.  Joey, Chris, and JC all had sprinted to the water without looking back.  They had disrobed while running and hadn't even thought about sunscreen.  Meredith laughed at them.  They truly could act like children sometimes.  But She understood.  The guys got little free time and a day like today was extremely rare and too precious to worry about insignificant things like sunscreen.

 

Lance strolled up to Meredith and took a bottle of sunscreen and said, "I'll make them put it on."  He then ran to catch up with them.

 

The security team all looked uncomfortable and awkward there, but soon they were all lounging in the sun, not really paying attention to the guys.  This was as much of a break for them as it was for the members of *Nsync. 

 

Meredith spread out her lounge chair, opened her bag and pulled out some sunscreen.  A shadow came over her.  She looked up to see a barechested Justin smiling down at her.  He had on long Red Abercrombie swim shorts. His curls were wild and sunglasses hid his eyes. 

 

-Damn, he is sexy. SHUT UP, GIRL. -

 

"Can I help you, Mr. Timberlake?" She asked squinting her eyes behind her sunglasses.

 

"Yes, actually, a very bright and beautiful young woman told me to put on sunscreen.  So I decided to take her advice."

 

"Oh OK, here ya go." Meredith handed him a bottle and when he didn't take it she got annoyed. "Well, are you going to take the bottle or not?"

 

He smirked and scratched his head.  "Actually I think I'll need a little help in the back area, ya know?"

 

She rolled her eyes and smiled.  He was doing this on purpose, and she knew it.  She stood up and motioned for him to lie down on the stretched out chair. He did as he was told. But he wasn't expecting what came next. 

 

Meredith sat down on his butt straddling him.  He turned around as much as possible and wiggled his eyebrows at her.  She shook her head and squirted a reasonable amount of sunscreen in her palm.  He wiggled his butt to make her move and started singing "Giddy up".  She glared at him, even though he couldn't see her.  She took a bit of the sunscreen and started working it into his back, shoulders and upper arms.  She was practically giving him a massage while she applied the sunscreen. And she was enjoying it just as much as he was.  Justin would groan when she would massage sore spots and worked them out.  He turned his head so that she could hear him speak.

 

"You're really good at this, ya know?"  Meredith lowered her head to his ear and whispered smugly, "I know."  He smiled and she got off of him.  He sat up and smiled at her as she sat down beside him on the chair but facing the opposite way and scrummaged around in her bag. 

 

"You're not done..." Justin said smartly.  Meredith looked at him confused but when she saw his sexy smile she caught on to what he was saying

 

"Excuse me, I put the junk on your back, Justin. I even did you arms and shoulders.  I'm not about to touch your chest."

 

She pulled out her book that she was going to read and he began playing with the edge of the T-shirt she still wore over her bathing suit.  "Are you afraid you might enjoy it?" He asked sexily breathing closely on her cheek.

 

She turned away shyly because she was embarrassed and she could feel her face turning red. "Go play with the rest of the guys Justin."

 

"Don't YOU need to put sunscreen on?" He playfully flirted.

 

"Yeah, but I can reach all the places myself thank you." She said quietly.

 

He got up off the chair and walked around to the side she was facing.  He then grabbed her arms and stood her up and tugged on her umbros she had on and when they easily slipped off he laughed.

 

"TIMBERLAKE WHAT ARE YOU DOING?"

 

"You said yourself you wanted to get a tan. Well you cant one with those things on. I'm just helping you.  Lift up your arms."

 

"I can't believe you.  And I can undress my self just fine!"  She said annoyed.  He laughed at her and took the ends of her shirt and quickly pulled it over her head.  Her shirt was still on her arms and Justin cracked up at the sight of her.  She glared at him and took off the rest of the shirt.  "Happy now?" She chided.

 

"Oh, you will never know how happy I am right now." Justin looked her up and down and whistled.  She had on a tankini.  The bottom was regular navy bikini bottom. The top was low cut and showed off a little cleavage. Big white, red, and navy rectangles covered the front of the top and the back was completely navy.  The top cut off right above her belly button. Justin thought she looked incredibly sexy.  Her hair was in a ponytail but the wind had caused lots of strands to escape.  Her sunglasses covered her chocolate eyes.

 

-Damn she has a body. She needs to show it off more often! -

 

Meredith sat back in her chair and started putting suntan lotion on her legs and arms.  Justin just stood there checking her out.  Without looking up, Meredith said, "Are you just going to stand there or are you going to go have fun with your friends in the water?"  With that he smiled brightly and ran off towards the water.

 

All the while Lonnie, Randy and Mike sat in their chairs listening to music, reading magazines and watching the two.

 

"They've got it BAD!" Lonnie said.

 

"I think it's adorable." Randy laughed.

 

"They are clueless teenagers falling in love. How sweet...." Mike sarcastically said.

 

They all laughed and returned to their previous activities.

 

--------

About an hour later, Meredith started getting very hot under the sun, so she decided she would go to the edge of the ocean and cool off.  She was trying to steer clear of the guys.  She knew they would end up getting rough with her in the waves. And she just wanted to enjoy the ocean and not get clobbered by it.

 

She walked to the edge of the water and dug her feet in the soft sand. She walked along the edge in about ankle deep water.  Every now and then she would pick up a shell study it and toss it back in the sea.  The ocean reminded her so much of her childhood.  She loved it.  Her and Dan use to spend hours and hours building sandcastles and chasing seagulls.  She missed him.  She missed her previous life.  But she was finally beginning to enjoy this life, thanks to the 5 men playing like children in the ocean a few yards away.  She hadn't realized but she was now waist deep in the water and rather close to the guys.

 

"Well hello, fine lady.  What brings you to Poseidon's world today?" Joey asked approaching her.

 

"Wow Joe, I didn't know you knew Greek Mythology.  I'm impressed!" 

 

"YES! It worked! She is impressed. I'm going to go use it on the fine honeys down here." 

 

"Joey, I don't think there are any fine honeys here.  Remember this is a private beach.  I think it's owned by a nursing home.  All your fine honeys are going to be 80 years old."  Meredith giggled; she didn't notice a figure quietly coming towards her from behind.

 

"I guess you will just have to be the fine honey then!"

 

"Joey, I don't think you want a honey like myself.  I'm not in the mood to splash around in the water with you."  She said.

 

"Well, what if you don't have a choice in the matter?"  Joey said secretively.

 

"What are you talking about Joe?"

 

"THIS!!" Justin yelled as he picked her up from behind.  She screamed a very girlie squeal and was thrown into the water.

 

All the guys laughed.  She finally resurfaced with her back turned to them coughing.  Her hair clung to her shoulders and head.

 

"What's the matter g?  Got a little water up your nose?"  Chris teased.  She just continued coughing.

 

"Man, Meredith you must have swallowed a lot of water." JC said half laughing.  She coughed still.

 

"You OK girl?"  Lance asked concerned. The coughing slowed but was still there and she turned around.  Tears were burning in her eyes because it had hurt so much coughing. 

 

"Gosh! Sorry Mere, we didn't know you would be that upset about it." Joey said.  Justin stood in the water a few feet away biting his fingernails because he knew she would be mad at him and only him, for throwing her.

 

Meredith glared at Justin.

 

"Uh oh, J, you better start swimming!"  Chris said as Meredith dove in the water towards him.  She swam right up to him and emerged from the water. 

 

"Mere, I'm really, really sorry. If I had known you would have gotten hurt I would have NEVER thrown you." Justin said sincerely putting his hands in front of himself, backing up.

 

Meredith evilly grinned and said, "Too late now, eh?"  Just then she took a handful of wet sand she had grabbed swimming up to him and plastered it on his wet curls and face.  She smiled innocently as the rest of the guys laughed.

 

"Opps!"  With that she swam off to the shore with Justin hot on her trail.

 

"You did not just do that!"  Justin yelled chasing her in knee-deep water.

 

"I believe I did...ouch!"  Justin had thrown a glob of sand at her and hit her on the thigh.

 

"Opps!" He mocked her in a squeaky voice with his hands on his hips.  Right then he got slammed square in the chest with a glob of sand. She mocked him mocking her and sang, "Opps I did it again...I played with your heart..."

 

They both laughed while an all out sand war began at the shoreline of the ocean.  Soon the rest of the guys had joined in.  Of course they all decided to gang up on Meredith and in a matter of minutes she was just sitting Indian style on the sand with her head bowed as the guys dumped wet sand all over her.

 

Justin squatted beside her and said, "How does it feel now, squirt?"

 

"Actually it's kinda refreshing.  Like a mudbath...Timberfake!" She yelled his hated nickname.

 

"OHHH, feisty!"  He made a cat noise.

 

"Meredith, let me tell you.  You look SEX-E covered in wet sand."  Joey said.

 

"You would think so Joey."  She laughed, rolling her eyes.

 

JC and Lance went to go layout.  Chris and Joey had retired to bodysurfing and this left Justin staring down at a sand covered Meredith.

 

Justin laughed. "You...look...cute."

 

"Shut up." she mumbled trying to stand up.  Underneath the weight of the sand it was difficult and she almost fell down.  But two strong arms caught her.

 

"Whoa, take it easy g..." Justin quietly said steadying her.

 

"Thanks..." she whispered avoiding his intense stare.  "Umm, I'm going to go wash off.  You wanna go for a walk afterwards?"

 

"I'd love too, let me go tell Mike."  Justin ran off to tell security and Meredith went into the cool waters to wash herself off.  She had been swimming off the sand that was stuck to her body for about five minutes.  She was letting the waves crash into her when she saw Justin strolling towards her in ankle deep water.

 

"Ready?" he asked.

 

"I'm ready for anything!" She smiled brightly.  He laughed and reached out his hand.

 

"Come on, you."  He smiled as she accepted his hand and he pulled her away from the crashing waves. They walked together hand in hand towards the shoreline.  Justin's fingers finally intertwined with hers and started a walk down the beach that would change both of their lives, forever.

 

-------

Meredith and Justin strolled down the shore not really saying much.  They just held hands and enjoyed the scenery and each other's company.  Meredith stopped suddenly and let go of Justin's hand.  She bent down in the ankle deep water and searched for something.

 

"What ya looking for?"  Justin inquired.

 

"Man, I just saw this really cool shell, but now it's gone."  Justin kneeled down trying to help her look for it.  "Hey there it is" Meredith said pointing down in the water. 

 

"Where? I don't see it!"

 

"RIGHT HERE!"  Meredith took her hand and splashed him with water.  She giggled at his shocked and annoyed expression.  Meredith got up and ran off.

 

"Meredith  you better get your butt back here RIGHT NOW!"  Justin yelled in a fatherly tone.

 

"Nuh uh!  You will splash me back!"  Meredith said winking at him.

 

"Ya, damn right I will!"

 

When Meredith ran off further from him, he decided he really didn't want to fight her.  So, he'd figure he would make her come to him.

 

"Fine, I really don't want to fight with you.  I guess I'll just walk on back..." Justin turned and began to walk back towards the rest of the group.

 

"No, wait!" Meredith called after him.  She grabbed his arm to stop him and as soon as she did he swept her up and carried her like a baby.

 

"See, don't mess with the master!"  Justin commented as she squealed and squirmed.

 

"JUSTIN RANDALL TIMBERFAKE PUT ME DOWN NOW!" 

 

"OK" And with that, he dropped her into the water.

 

"I didn't mean in the water..." Meredith mumbled.   He laughed at her and reached out his hand to help her.  She looked up at him innocently and pulled him down into the water with her.  This caused both of them to laugh uncontrollably.  Soon they were both splashing each other again.

 

A few minutes later they were back to walking down the beach, but this time Meredith kicked and splashed around in the water and Justin walked a careful distance away on the sand.  Just then something in the water caught Meredith's eye.

 

"Would you look at that!" Meredith exclaimed.

 

"OH no! Not again.  I'm not falling for that."

 

"I'm not joking! Dolphins, see." She pointed to several fins that were every now and then appearing near the shore.

 

"You sure they aren't sharks?"  Justin asked a frightened little kids voice.

 

"Yeah, I'm positive!  See sharks don't flow like dolphins.  Sharks keep their fins above water.  Dolphins flow in and out of the water."

 

"Oh, thank you Professor."  Justin joked.

 

"Wanna get a better look?" 

 

"Uhh, OK?"

 

"Come on, come with me!"  Meredith said excitedly.  She waded in the water until she had gotten out far enough to where the waves weren't crashing around them, but behind them.  The waters were calmer and the dolphins were only a few yards away.  Justin waded up to Meredith and spoke.

 

"WOW, that is..." Justin exclaimed.

 

"Shhh, don't scare them" She shushed him.

 

"That is so cool" Justin finished in a whisper.

 

Justin just stood there in awe of the dolphins he had never been that close to wild ones before. Sure he had seen them at SeaWorld.  But this was different.  This was utterly amazing.

 

Meredith stared at his profile.  HE was so amazed by these creatures. It made her smile. Meredith remembered the first time she had seen dolphins in the wild this close up.  She was at the beach with Dan and he had convinced her to come out and see them.  She remembered being so scared but Dan had held her hand the whole way. 

 

Just then Justin noticed Meredith staring at him, so he turned to look at her.  She smiled and turned her attention back to the passing dolphins so he couldn't see her blush.  Justin noticed she was treading water. 

 

"Can you touch the bottom?" He asked.

 

"Nope, I'm treading."

 

"Well come here, get on my back.  That way you wont wear yourself out."

 

Meredith swam over to Justin and wrapped her arms around his neck.  He placed his hands under her knees as to keep her in place.  Meredith leaned on Justin and rested her chin on his shoulder.  The two just leaned on each other and watched as the dolphins passed by them.

 

About five minutes later after the dolphins had passed and the two had said nothing, Justin spoke.

 

"I'm glad Johnny offered you this job."

 

"Me too."

 

"Just think, I might have never met you if he didn't.  That would have sucked."

 

"I know! Hehe, I'm so happy I took this job.  When I first found out about it I really didn't want it AT ALL!"

 

"I can't even imagine my life without you, now.  You've changed a whole lot for me.  You've made me look at things differently.  I'm really glad you came on tour with us.  And I'm also really glad you and me worked things out like we did.  It was pretty rough there for a while."

 

"Yeah, you were pretty rude..." Meredith laughed just joking but Justin turned serious.

 

"I was.  I was a complete ass.  I can't believe you even want anything to do with me now!  But I'm glad you do.  Thanks for giving me a chance."  Justin turned his head and smiled at her.  She was extremely close to him and couldn't help but look down at her lips then back at her eyes. He knew the moment had potential to get very heated so he decided it would be best to turn away.

 

"Wanna go back to the shore, I'm all wrinkly!"  Justin laughed.

 

"Lets go, daddio."  Meredith hopped off Justin back and they both swam to the shore.  Once there Meredith sat down on the sand and stretched her legs out in front of her.  She stretched out her arms behind her and propped her self up on them. Justin sat down beside her and lay back on the sand. 

 

"I've had the best day!  I'm glad we were able to come to the beach.  Thanks for coming with us."

 

"OH, no prob!  Thanks for inviting me!"  Meredith lay down on her back and looked up at the clouds above her.  After a few moments of silence Justin propped himself up on his elbows, looked around and said, "I wonder what time it is."

 

"Who cares?  This is sooo beautiful." Meredith remarked looking up at the sky.  The clouds were darkening against the setting sun and the sky was now a pinkish color. 

 

Justin stared at Meredith's content expression looking up at the sky.  Sure the sky was beautiful.  But it didn't compare to what he saw in front of him.  "It sure is, beautiful." Justin whispered staring at her.

 

Meredith turned her head and looked up at Justin.  Meredith looked into his azure eyes and got that weak feeling again.  She smiled at him and he just stared at her face.  He studied it and took notice of every feature.  HE sighed and looked down at his chest.  Then he propped himself up on his side on one elbow

 

"Meredith, I think we need to talk about some things..." He said lessening the gap between her body and his.

 

"What type of things?"  Meredith said cluelessly.

 

"Well..." Justin began but as soon as he got his first word out a huge wave rushed over them and caused Justin to collapse on top of Meredith.  Each of his hands here on the sand beside the sides of her face.  This caused them both to start laughing.

 

"Looks like the tide is coming in." Meredith said in a mock scholarly tone.

 

Justin immediately stopped laughing and looked down at her.  His wet body was pressed against hers. She tried to not look at his eyes.  She looked everywhere BUT his eyes. But when his face started inching towards hers she had no choice but to look at them.  When she did she almost fainted.  His eyes were so intense. They were a shade of blue she had never seen before.  They intoxicated her.

 

"Justin, what's happening between us?"  She whispered as his face got extremely close to hers.

 

His face lowered and his lips were almost touching hers, "This..."

 

Finally, his lips captured hers.  Justin closed his eyes and kissed her, barely.  It was so gentle and light.  He applied a little more pressure when her hands rested on his back.  He nibbled on her top lip and sucked on her bottom one.  One of his hands made its way between her back and the sand.  The other gently caressed the soft tresses that framed her face.  Meredith's hands began to make their way up his muscular back.  Finally one of her hands made it to the base of his neck.  She slowly ran her fingers through his damp curls.  This caused him to groan against her lips.  And then she took the lead.  Her hand applied pressure on the back of his head pushing their lips harder together.  Justin was surprised by this but by no means stopped.  He titled his head an opened his mouth slightly against hers to deepen the kiss.  His tongue grazed her bottom lip and finally his tongue pushed its way past her two lips.  She moaned something inaudible and he continued to explore her mouth with his tongue while she ran her fingers through his wet curls and clawed his back with her fingernails. Every now and then a wave would run across their tangled bodies.

 

A million thoughts were running through Justin's head.  And he couldn't grasp one of them.  Things he had never thought about any other girl were coming to him.  Thoughts about the future.  Thoughts about commitment. Thoughts about marriage.  Thoughts about kids.  He was frightened, scared.  This girl had total control of him.  He would do ANYTHING for her.  HE was falling for her.  It had happened.  She now had his heart.  And it scared the hell out of him.

 

Justin's tongue wildly thrust in and out of her mouth as these thoughts controlled him.  He was losing control of himself, fast. He was kissing her with so much need and passion.  She was a drug and he was an addict. He slowed down his pace and finally removed his tongue from her mouth.  Both were in dire need of air.  He slowly pulled away, bringing her bottom lip with him and finally releasing it.  He closed the gap for one more feathery kiss.  Then he did the one thing that finalized his emotions.

 

He opened his eyes.

 

He looked down at her.  She still had her eyes closed and was desperately searching for air.  Her lips were slightly parted and extremely red and swollen.  She was a goddess.  And he was officially in love with her. 

 

And he was scared shitless.

 

He couldn't take it anymore.  He was so terrified that he pushed himself off her and started jogging down the beach away from her and toward the rest of the group, without looking back.  He didn't know what he was doing and he cursed himself for not knowing what to do.

 

Meredith finally opened her eyes when he got off of her.  She slowly sat up and looked around. She saw him jogging down the beach...running away from her.  Meredith didn't know what to do what to feel.  She had just fallen in love with this guy.  She shouldn't have.  And she knew they couldn't be together.  But still, he now had her heart and he was running away with it.

 

She stood up and slowly started walking back to where everyone else was.  She stepped in one of Justin's footprints and looked down at her foot.  She smiled at the size difference.  Then she frowned.

 

-Why did he run? -

 

She turned around and looked back at the sand where they had just been.  There were waves and bumps in the sand where they had apply different amounts of weight to the sand as they had kissed.  As the water rushed over the sand and carried it away a single tear fell from Meredith's eye.  She turned back around and walked back to everyone else oblivious to her tears falling freely from her face.  She was numb. She could only feel her lips...

 

---------------

Justin jogged towards the area where the security guards and rest of Nsync were lounging around.

 

"Hey, look.  He didn't get eaten by sharks!"  Chris exclaimed.

 

"Hey J?  How was your, uhh, walk?" Lonnie quietly laughed to himself, remembering what Justin had said earlier, in the van.

 

Justin mumbled, "It was fine..."

 

"Hey Curls, where's the girl?..Oh my gosh, that rhymes, cool" Joey said.

 

"Shut up Joe, you couldn't rhymed if you tried!" Lance laughed.  Joey just rolled his eyes.

 

"Umm, Justin, where IS Meredith?"  JC asked carefully.

 

"Oh umm, well, she was right behind me, uhh, last time, I, umm, checked."  Justin stuttered.

 

"Well, she is not there now!"  JC responded in a smart tone.

 

"There is the beauty herself!"  Dre pointed to a figure standing on the shore with her back towards them.

 

"Well, it's almost 6.  We need to get back before Johnny has a heart attack."  Lance decided.

 

"OK, gang.  Pack up, let's get back to the real world."  Mike ordered.

 

The guys picked up there things and started heading towards the van.

 

"Hey, M!!  Come on girl, we gots to GO!" Chris yelled.

 

She turned around and slowly started walking towards the group.  Her tears had stopped and she now was just thinking.  Thinking of how stupid she was to let Justin have her heart.

 

Meanwhile, Justin and Mike were already on the bus.

 

"You OK, man?" Mike asked.

 

"Fine..." Justin barely made out.

 

Just then the rest of the crew were at the bus.  They all climbed in and began the journey back.  Mike was driving still; Joey had occupied the passenger seat.  Justin, Lonnie, and Todd were in the front seat. Chris, Dre, and Randy were in the middle and JC and Lance sat in the back with a depressed looking Meredith.

 

"Hey, M?  Is everything OK?"  JC asked quietly as she stared out the window.

 

"No, JC, everything is totally screwed up." She didn't look at him but did move to rest her head on his shoulder.  He put his arm around her and comforted her as she cried.

 

The bus ride was unusually quiet.  Joey and Mike sat oblivious in the front listening to the radio.  Lonnie kept trying to get Justin to talk, but instead he would just mumble one-word answers.  Randy and Todd were asleep and Chris and Dre were in their own world talking quietly about who knows what.  Lance sat frustrated beside JC comforting Meredith, trying to figure out what was going on.  Something had happened on Meredith and Justin's walk.  But he didn't know what it was.

 

Justin was tortured.  He was scared.  And it didn't help him that every now and then he would hear a light sniffle from the back row and the quiet voice of JC saying "Everything will work out..."

 

HE sure hoped everything would work out.  He couldn't take this much longer.

 

------------

Back at the hotel, The security guards had all gone off doing whatever security stuff needed to be done.  Everyone knew that tonight was a night for rest.  No leaving the hotel! Meredith had gone straight to her room with barely muttering that she was tired.  Justin wanted to be alone also, but the guys had dragged him into JC's room.

 

"You guys, I don't know what you want me to say..."

 

"THE TRUTH!  What the hell happened out there?  Why are you now in a pissy mood and why was Meredith crying on my shoulder?  What did you do to her?"  JC was fuming.

 

"Calm down, C... Justin, we are only here to help."  Joey said thoughtfully.

 

Justin sighed and quietly stated; "You can't help.  There is NOTHING you can do."

 

"What happened?"  Chris firmly said.

 

"You DONT want to know!"

 

"Oh believe me, I think we do."  JC glared at him.

 

"JC this is between me and Meredith; so you, and EVERYONE ELSE needs to butt out of our BUSSINESS!!" Justin yelled. He was angry with himself and was taking it out on everyone else. JC stepped up into to Justin's face as to pick a fight.

 

"WELL WHAT IF I MAKE IT MY BUSINESS!" JC yelled.

 

"DONT TEST ME JOSH..." Justin fumed.

 

"JUSTIN! JC!!  CALM DOWN!"  Lance said getting between the two. "JC you just need to sit down and contain your temper.  Justin, you are right.  This IS none of our business. BUT we are your friends and we are Meredith's friends and if you two are having a problem YOU need to go fix it, talk it out, SOMETHING.  I don't know what went down out there, but I can tell by the way she was crying and the way YOU are acting, It was YOUR Fault. I don't want to blame you.  But unless you go talk to her, and do something about this, I'm going to keep on blaming you."  Lance told him.

 

"You're, right. I've screwed everything up.  EVERYTHING..." Justin whispered.  He then shot up and ran out the room.  He ran to the elevator and when it didn't come quick enough he sprinted down the stairs.  The guys followed him not knowing if he was going to run away or what. 

 

Justin got to Meredith's room and stared at the door.  He brought up his hand but couldn't knock.  He wanted to.  He needed to.  But he wasn't strong enough.  HE wanted to tell her so many things. He wanted to tell her he wanted her, needed her, and loved her.  But he was scared.   He placed his back on the wall and leaned against it.  He hit the back of his head a few times on the wall trying to knock some sense in to himself.  When it didn't come, he slid down the wall and covered his face in his hands.

 

Meanwhile...

 

"Where did he GO!"  JC yelled.

 

The 4 remaining members of Nsync jogged down the steps to the lobby thinking Justin had left he hotel.  If fans happened to see them at that moment they would have been in for it, for they had NO security.  But luckily it didn't happen. 

 

"Where is he!" Joey said. 

 

Lance went up to the font desk and asked the female clerk.  "Excuse me, have you seen a tall guy with curly hair run through here?"

 

"Noooo, Mr. Bass. Mr. Timberlake has not been through this way. But I can settle for you."  The flirty clerk said

 

"OK, thanks, hey guys, no show down here." Not really paying attention to the flirt behind the counter and not really caring.

 

"Umm, maybe he went to see Meredith..." Joey wiggled his eyes.  He was joking but he unknowingly was right.

 

"Maybe..thats it!" Chris exclaimed

 

He ran over and pressed the up button for the elevator it opened immediately and they all jumped in.

 

"Hey, guys, maybe I should stay and wait and make sure he doesn't run out of here or something.  I'll occupy myself with that cute clerk over there."  With that Joey jumped off the elevator.

 

"I'll go up the stairs and make sure he is not on any other floor and wait for him by his room..." Lance decided and jumped off towards the stairs.

 

"I hope PooFoo can make it up the stairs..." Chris chuckled.

 

"I hope Justin hasn't done anything stupid..." JC mumbled.

 

JC and Chris stood silently and waited for the elevator to reach Meredith's floor.  When it did both men stepped out and searched for Justin.  They scanned the hall and both stopped abruptly when they saw him.  He was crouched by the wall beside Meredith's door with his face burrowed in his knees. His arms were tightened around his legs and he was rocking himself back and forth, sobbing.

 

"Whoa..." Chris breathed.

 

JC quietly walked up to Justin and stared down at his crouched body.  When Justin noticed the presence of someone else, he looked up.  JC stared down at him, and immediately felt guilty for being so harsh to him before.  Justin's face was white and his eyes were glassy and red.  His cheeks were soaked in salty tears and his nose was running.  He looked miserable. 

 

"I've, I've ruined everything JC, EVERYTHING I care about. Everything I want and need.  I messed up...BIG TIME..." Justin whispered in choking sobs.

 

JC kneeled down and made it so he could sit down beside him.  "What happened J?" 

 

"I cant...I, I cant..." Justin stumbled not knowing what to do or say.

 

"Justin, I can't help you if you don't tell me."

 

"I can't do it here.  Can we go somewhere else?"  Justin turned and looked into his friend's eyes.

 

"Sure."  JC stood up and reached out to help Justin stand.  Justin finally was standing up. 

 

"Hey, Chris..." He choked.

 

"Hey, Buddy...Everything will be OK..." Chris tried to comfort him. He put his arm around his younger, yet much taller friend and led him to the elevator. As Justin passed Meredith's door he stopped and gently touched the door with the tips of his fingers and whispered, "Goodnight Meredith, I love you." JC and Chris looked at each other with wide eyes. This explained a lot, not all, but a lot of what was going on.
Chapter 7 by Mere

Chapter 7

 

JC opened the door to his room.  Lance had now joined them. SO, the four men quietly entered the room.

 

JC and Lance sat on the two beds and Chris found a chair.  Justin sank to the floor.

 

"OK, Curly. Start talking." Lance said.

 

"Well, I'm an idiot. I'm an asshole. And I should be killed right about now."  Justin said.

 

"Seriously, Justin.  Tell us what happened." JC said.

 

"Well, I umm, I kissed her." He said firmly.  The three men looked at each other.  They were all happy.  All of them had figured it would happen sooner or later. But why was he so upset?

 

"Umm, J is that ALL?" Chris laughed.  Soon Lance and JC followed but Justin sat on the floor.  He thought he had cried all the tears he had.  But now his friends were laughing at him and the tears swelled up again.

 

"Seriously, J....hehe...I thought you had told her you were dying or something the way you two were acting. Damn man, it was only a kiss." JC said behind chuckles.  He ended by busting into laughter.  He covered his face with a pillow to try and stop.  Chris and Lance were no better.

 

"OH my gosh. You guys are laughing at me." Justin stood up shocked as a tear ran down his cheek.  When they kept on laughing he was pushed over the edge.

 

"WOULD YOU SHUT THE FUCK UP???" He screamed as the flood broke.  That silenced them.

 

"I can't believe you guys.  Yeah, I kissed her.  But obviously, it doesn't mean anything to you.  Well it sure as hell meant a lot to me.  I don't think you guys realized HOW I kissed her."

 

"Justin, what are you talking about? It was just a kiss, right?"  JC tried to calm him.

 

"NO JC! IT WAS A HELL OF A LOT MORE THAN A DAMN KISS.  THIS WAS PURE PASSION GUYS.  I'VE NEVER IN MY LIFE KISSED ANYONE LIKE I KISSED HER. I DIDNT EVEN KNOW I COULD KISS LIKE THAT.  YOU DONT, YOU CANT...ARGGGG" Justin stuttered as he angrily paced around the room.  He was speechless.  Finally he found some words.

 

He ran a shaky hand through his wild curls and stopped pacing the floor. "You don't realize how BIG of a deal that kiss was.  Meredith has only been kissed by one other guy and the way I kissed her was like...let's just say if I hadn't stopped my self exactly when I did, I'm pretty sure we would have had sex."  Justin quietly said.

 

"Justin, Meredith's a..." Lance was interrupted

 

"I know she is a virgin.  I know!  But you guys weren't there.  She was kissing me and I was kissing her like we were the last two beings on earth.  It was...I can't even describe it."

 

"So, our Curly boy got a little action from our G" Chris smiled but wiped it away when Justin glared at him.

 

"I don't think you guys understand me.  I know I'm not making this easy. I barely understand it myself.  But, (sigh), you guys can't laugh at me when I say this.... But, when I kissed her I started getting this feeling inside of me I've never known before.  I can't even begin to describe it.  Thoughts came to me while I was kissing her that I've never thought about with any other girl.  I starting thinking about watching her walk down the isle towards me in a white dress.  I starting wandering what types of goofy remarks she would make on our honeymoon.  I pictured our kids.  What they would look like.  I started thinking about a future with her.  It scared me shitless you guys. I've NEVER had those thoughts before."

 

"Wow, Justin.  I had no idea." Chris said.

 

"Justin, why was Meredith crying?"  JC carefully asked.

 

Justin barely laughed and sat down on the floor again.  He looked down at his hands. "I ran away from her.  I kissed her with everything I was worth.  When I was finished I looked down at her, and you guys should have seen it.  She looked like a creature I've never seen before.  She was the most beautiful thing I've EVER seen.  I was terrified of her.  So I pushed myself off her and ran away.  I ran away from her.  I ran away from the one person I have ever truly been in love with." Justin said aloud. He finally was making some sense to himself as he talked all this out.

 

"Oh my gosh Justin." Lance said amazed.

 

"What?"

 

"We all thought there was something beginning between you two but we never knew it was this intense.  We knew you loved her.  We never knew you were IN love with her."  Lance continued.

 

"Yeah, well take a number, because I had no clue until today either."

 

"Justin, you've screwed up." JC said shaking his head.  "I mean, as much as I want to tell you happy things, I cant.  She's GOT to be hurt.  Like you said, this was her second kiss and if it was that intense I bet she was just a confused if not more so than you are."

 

"Actually it was her 3rd kiss.  I've kissed her before." Justin mumbled.

 

"YOU WHAT?  Why didn't you tell us this stuff??"  Chris exclaimed.

 

"Well, last night I gave her a extremely light, but oh God was it sweet, kiss.  I was like 2 seconds long." He paused for a moment, smiling as he remembered the kiss. "You guys, I've got to fix this.  I have to have her in my life.  If I can't love her I have to at least have her friendship.  I cant live without it."

 

"Well J, I'm willing to help you in any way possible." Chris said.

 

"Me too." Lance put in.

 

Justin looked expectantly at JC.  JC smiled, "I'm there for ya all the way, buddy."

 

"Well I've got about 2 weeks until she leaves us, we've got to work fast!" Justin said.

 

"Well then, let's start cracking."  JC commented as the guys all huddled together to think up a plan.

 

------------------

About a week later

 

Justin and Meredith barely talked to each other in the past days.  Justin constantly asked the other guys how she was.  She was fine, a little depressed, but other than that she was their normal 'g.'

 

They had 5 shows left and Meredith was becoming more and more aware that in about a week she would be thrown back into her regular life.  Or would she?

 

She had not told the guys about this but she would be starting college soon after she got back.  She had been accepted to NC State and Florida State.  She loved NC State but she didn't want to be in NC, it reminded her of her past.  She loved her home, but she had grown to like Florida, and the people in it.  Johnny had offered her a position at WEG if she decided to stay in Florida.  She wanted to be there.  Her parents were willing to let her go there.  She had many friends there.  Justin was there.  But then again the fact that Justin was there made her want to go back to NC, back to her shell. 

 

He confused her and enthralled her all at the same time.  She loved him but was certain he didn't feel the same way, he had run away from her.  But even though she loved him, she knew if the feelings WERE returned she couldn't be with him.  It was too hard.  Too much.  Too much of a reminder of Dan.

 

All the guys were in the back lounge area of the bus, where an all out Playstation war was going on.  Meredith sat in the kitchenette area of the bus.  She was by herself and was enjoying the time alone. But it didn't last long.

 

"EY M!!  GET IN HERE!"  JC yelled at her.  She groaned and stood up to stretch.  She made her way to the back of the bus and pulled the door open.

 

"WHUT?"  She asked annoyed.

 

"Come here my love!"  He said with a sweet smile and open arms.

 

"What do you want?" She said not moving with her hands on her hips.

 

"GEEZ WOMAN!  I just want you to come back here and stop being unsociable."  He sighed frustrated and rolled his eyes.

 

"OK!"  She smiled sweetly, walked over and plopped down in his lap.

 

"What's going on you guys?"  She asked playing with JC's for once, ungelled hair.

 

"I'm kicking Curly's ass on playstation." Chris stated.

 

"You wish!"  Justin elbowed him.

 

"They've been like this all day..." Lance yawned.

 

"Hey, Joe what's on the schedule for tonight?" Meredith asked resting her back against JC's chest

 

Joey looked at her like 'I cant believe you just asked that...' and said, " What else? Clubbing, baby."

 

"I'm there!" Lance said.

 

"Count me in." Chris said elbowing Justin, as he tried to get ahead in the game.

 

"I'm in for some clubbin'!"  JC said as he bounced Meredith up and down on his knee.

 

"Watch it Santa clause, don't want you to bust a knee cap!" Meredith said.  "I could use a good release like dancing tonight."

 

"NO!"  JC shouted.

 

"Excuse me?"

 

"Well, umm, you look tired. I think you need to rest."  JC stuttered.  Justin had dropped his control and gave JC a look that said, "shut up now."

 

"I got 14 hours of sleep last night, C.  I think that I can party hardy tonight. Unless you just don't want me with you guys."  She pouted.

 

Why don't you just wait and see if a better offer comes up.  I'm going to go call my mom. And Chris the war is not over. You are going DOWN!" Justin said and walked out of the room.

 

-Better offer?  What is he talking about? Why is he talking to me? -

-----------

 

Meredith was watching a movie in the Lounge area of the venue during the concert.  She was taking the guys phone messages again and was halfway asleep when...

 

"M&M come here, I need you to do something."  Lonnie told her from the door.  She walked up to him and asked.

 

"Sure, what's up?"

 

"Follow me."

 

Lonnie led her down through the tunnels of the venue.  She could hear the guys' performance above her.  They were doing "Space Cowboy".  She loved that performance.  She thought the dance moves were awesome.  She could hear the screams of the millions of girls and was wondering what Lonnie needed her to do.  Lonnie made his way to an area backstage and Meredith was extremely confused.

 

"Umm, Lonnie what do you need me to do?"

 

"Just stand right there."

 

Then 4 females approached her. Cecil, the wardrobe lady.  Marie, the hair stylist.  Anna, the makeup artist. And Theresa, Johnny's assistant also known as the "tour mother".

 

"Umm, what are we doing here?"  Cecil asked Meredith.

 

"Lonnie told me he needed me to do something.  But I'm just standing here."

 

"Yeah me too.  I wonder what is going on?"  Theresa asked looking around.

 

"Ladies this way, please."  Lonnie motioned for them to come to the entrance area of the stage.

 

"Lonnie what the hell is goin on?"  Anna asked him.

 

"You'll see, listen to JC."  He said pointing to the stage.

 

On stage...

 

"...So, we thought we would give these ladies a nice present for helping us with the tour.  Because without them there would be no tour.  And There would be no *Nsync.  So when we bring them out here we want all of you to show them some love.  OK??"  JC listened to the crowd cheered and he and the rest of the guys ran off stage towards the ladies.

 

"Well, my ladies are you ready to go on stage?"  JC asked once they were all back there.

 

"OH MY GOSH! NOOOO NOOO NOO! I am NOT going up there."  Theresa exclaimed.  She was extremely stagefrieght.

 

"Come on girls, we don't have much time." JC said.

 

He linked his arm with Theresa and brought her on stage.  The crowd cheered. He took his microphone and said, "This is Theresa.  She is our manager's assistant but she is also the mother of the tour.  Without her we would be just a bunch of crazy boys.  Thank you Theresa for all that you do." He brought her over the steps on the stage and she nervously sat down and mouthed 'you're dead.' 

 

Next Lance entered the stage leading Cecil.  "All right folks, this is Cecil.  She tells us what to wear and what NOT to wear.  Thanks for the great styles CC." 

 

Joey brought Anna on stage.  "Well, HELLLLOOOOO.  THIS is Anna, our make up lady.  She makes us look real purty for all you ladies out there. Thanks A-wol."

 

Chris brought Marie on to the stage.  "AHHHH!!! YOU GUYS THIS IS MARIE!  I want all of you to tell Marie a SPECIAL thank you. SHE is our hair stylist and SHE is the one who told me to ditch the braids! Thanks girl! I owe you a LOT!"

 

Meredith was waiting backstage as each woman was introduced to the crowd and seated on the steps. Justin approached her.

 

"You ready to go out there?"  He asked shyly.

 

"Timberlake, what's going on?"  She annoyingly asked.

 

"You'll see..." He stepped behind her and placed his hands on her shoulders.  She shivered at his touch.  He quietly waited his cue. "...You'll see."

 

He stood beside her and offered his hand.  Their fingers intertwined as they walked to the stage. As soon as they touched the stage he untwind their fingers and just clasped her hand.  He didn't want the crowd to be suspicious.  But in another sense he didn't care.  She wasn't fighting him.  She was following him.  He brought the microphone to his mouth as he brought her to centerstage.

 

"All right people, this is Meredith.  She is *Nsync's assistant.  She doesn't realize how much she will be missed once the tour is over.  But Meredith..." He turned to her and looked her straight in the eye. "...We thank you from the bottom of our hearts and we love you."  He then kissed her cheek and brought her over the steps with everyone else. 

 

The guys sat down beside the girl they brought on stage and the melody of "God must have spent..." came on.  Meredith looked down at her hand that held Justin's and since it was out of sight from the crowd, she locked her fingers in-between his.  She looked up at him and he began the song, looking straight in her eyes.  She didn't even hear the words.  She just stared at him.

 

A tan bandanna was containing his wild hair.  His eyes were shining a deep blue. His lips were perfectly accenting every word and every now and then he would smile. She was oblivious to the screaming fans and the huge lights.  All she saw was Justin. Soon the song was over.  He leaned in and kissed her temple and looked at her and whispered. "I'm sooo sorry," with genuine eyes.  She just nodded and he led her off stage.

 

"Angel, meet me in the lobby of the hotel at 11:00 tonight." He said to her before running on stage.

 

"Huh?" 

 

"Just be there."  Then he ran off.

 

"Come on Meredith we have to get you back."  Lonnie said pushing her away from the stage.

 

"Where are we going?"  She asked confused.

 

"To the hotel.  YOU have a date to get ready for."  HE smiled.

 

-A better offer?  A MUCH better offer. -

 

Meredith laughed to herself as Lonnie took her outside and pushed her into a limo.  Before he closed the door he said, "Go to your room.  Everything you need is already there. Have fun."  Then he shut the door. And the limo sped off.

 

---------

Meredith impatiently waited as the elevator brought her up to her floor.  She ran down the hallway and rushed into her room and opened it.  She stood still.

 

There was a crystal vase with Red, white, and pink roses flowing out of it.  She didn't even count how many but there were, but it was a lot.  On her bed was a navy dress with tiny sequence outlining the high neckline.  The back was a delicate design of crisscrosses. A long slit ran up the corner of the dress. It was beautiful.  A pair of navy 3-inch heels lay beside the dress.  A velvet box was there also.  She carefully opened the box and saw a beautiful silver bracelet with diamonds and dark sapphires.  She was shocked.  A note lay on the dresser and she picked it up and noticed the handwriting.

 

"Meredith,

I cant express in words how sorry I am for being a jerk. So, I am going to try and show you tonight. I have so much I need to tell you.  Please wear this dress and meet me at 11 in the lobby.  I promise you a fun time.  I want to take you on a date.  You're first REAL date.  Please meet me there. 

 

Love always,

Justin

 

P.S. If you aren't there at 11 I'm going to come up there and GET YOU!  Hehe."

 

Meredith placed the letter down and looked at the clock.  It was almost 10 and she would need to get ready fast if she wanted to be there on time.  She wondered how Justin would be ready on time.  The show was usually over by 10:30 but it would take at least 15 minutes for the guys to get back to the hotel. And knowing Justin he would take FOREVER to get ready. She forgot about it and went to go get a shower.

 

-What do you have up your sleeve this time, Timberlake? -

 

------------------

11:01 p.m.

 

Meredith looked at the clock she was a minute late.  She was dressed and ready. She grabbed her purse and ran out the door. She was at the elevator and realized she didn't have on the bracelet so she ran back to her room and grabbed the bracelet and ran back to the elevator.  She tried to put the bracelet on, on the way down but kept having a hard time with the clasp.  The elevator doors opened and she was at the lobby.  She ran out, her heels clunking as she ran.  She didn't want him to waiting on her, even though she was just a few minutes late.  She looked around the lobby for a familiar curly head, but she didn't find one.  He wasn't there.

 

She looked at her watch it said 11:05.  She began to worry.  Was this just some sick game? Were the camera's going to pop out and say "GOTCHA"?  She sighed and looked down at the limp bracelet in her hand.  She brought it closer to her face, studied it and whispered, "I hope you are worth waiting for, Timberlake."

 

"I'm always worth waiting for."  A smooth voice whispered in her ear.  She didn't turn around she just smiled broadly and breathed deeply, inhaling his scent.

 

"You're late." She chuckled.

 

"Sorry, we had to introduce these weird girls on stage.  Then we had to sing to them.  It took a little longer than normal."  He smirked.

 

She turned around in shock and said, "I cannot believe you! Ill have you know, I was one of those 'weird girls'."

 

Justin just stared at her for a while.  "Wow" he breathed looking her up and down.  Her dress fit her perfectly.  It accented every curve.  Her hair was down but it's was extremely curly and lightly brushed against her shoulders.  Her eyes were glimmering against the smoky eyeshadow and her pout was nicely glossed over.  He stared at her lips and she began to smile.  When the white broke between her lips he moved his eyes down the length of her body once more. Above her knee the dress split and he could see her tan leg all the way down to the 3-inch heels.  She was...he couldn't put into words what she was.  His eyes traveled back up to hers and he saw that they were brightly smiling.  She turned around and he noticed the delicate crisscrosses over her tan back.  She faced him and when he just stood there, she laughed.

 

"OK, now it's my turn to check YOU out!" Meredith smiled, flirty.  He had on shiny black shoes, black dress pants, and a black leather belt. A navy shirt that shined in the light was tucked in and buttoned up. The collar and neck buttons were left open and the collar of the shirt hung over the lapels of the black jacket.  His curls were calmed by a reasonable amount of gel.  He finally was able to regain composure and he turned around gliding on his heels. He looked at her smiling expectantly and said, "Well, what do you think?"

 

"Ehh, not bad.  For you at least..." Meredith tried to keep a straight face, but broke into a smile when she saw his annoyed expression.  He smiled back at her and they just stood there admiring each other for a few moments.

 

Meredith gasped and started laughing but quickly covered her mouth. 

 

"What?"  Justin asked.

 

"Come here." She giggled walking towards him.  He stepped forward to close the gap and he asked again, "what?"

 

"You, umm, have a little shaving cream on your ear."  She said in a loud whisper giggling. 

 

His face got red and he bowed his head in embarrassment. She took her thumb and index finger and rubbed the shaving cream off.  As soon as she touched him shocks of electricity ran though each of their bodies. They looked at each other in shock and their faces soon turned into bright smiles.  She was smiling shyly and he reached up for her wrist and held it delicately as she lowered it from his ear.

 

"Thank you" He whispered. 

 

"Anytime, Anytime." She whispered back.

 

He then noticed her bare wrist and his smiling eyes started to frown. She took notice.

 

"Justin, what is it?"

 

"You didn't like the bracelet did you?" He lowered his head disappointed.

 

"OH MY GOSH! Are you kidding me?  I LOVE IT.  It's right here." She exclaimed.  "I uhh, couldn't get the clasp to work.  I guess you could say I was a little rushed. And uhh, nervous."  She smiled sheepishly.

 

He smiled at her innocence and said, "You shouldn't be nervous, G."

 

"I know, but ey, like you said, it is my first REAL date and all."

 

"Let me help you with that." He lifted her wrist. She handed him the bracelet and he wrapped it around her wrist.  His long fingers worked with the clasp and finally got it to close.

 

"There you are." He whispered.  "By the way, you look stunning."

 

"You look pretty hot yourself."  She smiled looking down at the floor and finally returning to his stare. 

 

"Uhh, well, I guess we should go."

 

"I guess so." She responded.

 

He put his hand lightly on the small of her back and led her out through the hotel's front doors. To be 11 at night she was surprised to see a few fans there.  She turned and whispered, "Where's security?" 

 

Justin glanced behind him and saw that Lonnie was right there. "Don't worry, he's right behind us."

 

He went to the door of a stretch white limo and opened the door for her.  He gave her his hand and helped her into the limo. He got in himself and Lonnie shut the door behind him.  Once Lonnie was in the front seat with the driver the limo sped off.

 

"So...Timberlake.... Where are you taking me?"

 

"Ohh my dear child, that is for ME to know and YOU to find out."  Justin smiled sexily.

 

"Oh...my...gosh. You have been waiting ALL day to say that haven't you?"  Justin just smiled sheepishly and shrugged. 

 

Soon the limo had stopped and Lonnie had gotten out and cleared everything.  He opened the door for them and Justin stepped out.  He turned around and offered her his hand.  She accepted and stepped out of the limo bright eyed.  She looked up and saw the name of one of the nicest restaurants in the city, Simpson's.  Justin stuck out his elbow and she placed her hand the crook of his arm.  They walked into the restaurant with Lonnie following closely behind, grinning at the two.

 

-------------------

Later on that night

 

"Justin we cant!"

 

"Oh yes we can!  They won't notice at all.  Look, they are a group of old people.  They won't even know who I am."

 

"We cannot just crash some party."

 

"OH my gosh, they have dance floor.  We HAVE to go."  Justin said pleading with Meredith.

 

"Justin...."

 

"Come on, be adventurous.  It will be fun!"  Justin winked at her.

 

"Oh pulease Timberfake don't try your charms on me."

 

"Well, squirt, why don't we just go on back to the hotel.  I'm kinda tired anyway. Hey Lonnie we are going to go..." Justin called off to him.

 

"Justin."  Meredith firmly said. 

 

"What?"  He asked annoyed.

 

"I'll go in there, if you sing me a song." Meredith asked in a mocked dramatic voice and Justin smiled.

 

"OH, I'd be happy to." 

 

Meredith narrowed her eyes at him.

 

They opened the doors to a large dining hall.  Tables were set up all around and there was a big dance floor in the middle.  A soft jazz band played behind it.  The room wasn't very full but a few older couples were scattered around at different tables.

 

Justin and Her walked hand and hand into the large room and made their way to an empty table and sat down.  Meredith noticed a few couples' eyes on them and she turned to see what types of expressions were on their faces. They were pleasantly smiling at the two.

 

"See, I told you they wouldn't care."  Justin remarked.

 

After a few moments of awkward silence Justin got up and walked towards the band. 

 

"Justin what are you..." She started but he just glanced over his shoulder and smiled.

 

A few moments later the soft music came to a stop and Justin's voice filled the room.

 

"This goes out to my little G."  He looked at her, winked and cued the band.  They began playing a jazzy song.  Soon Justin's silky voice filled the room.

 

"I've got a great idea

And wouldn't you like to know

You probably can't bear it

So I guess I'll have to share it

I thought of it a moment ago

 

It starts with your hand in mine

And next comes a little stroll

You probably wont buy it

But I'm trying to keep it quiet

So please don't tell a soul.

 

He stepped off the stage and slowly made his way towards her

 

'Cause if you do

The world and you

Will think I'm crazy and give me medicine

They'll drag me away

And as I go you'll hear me say

I could have been a decent match for Edison

 

Ideas are few and far between

And good ideas are rarer still

So listen and be wise

Just forget the other guys

'Cause my idea's no good for three

 

He was now right in front of her and pointed to her and them himself as he sang the line

 

My idea is you and me."

 

His part was over, the few couples clapped but the band kept playing.

 

"May I have this dance?" He asked grandly.

 

"Why of course."  She responded.

 

The two swayed back and forth the jazz song. A few other couples joined them on the dance floor. Every now and then, he would spin her around and dip her back and they would laugh to each other.  Soon the song was over and Justin and Meredith walked back to the table.

 

"You wait here, I have a little something for you, too."  She said.

 

He sat down as she walked to the stage. 

 

"And this is for MY angel." Meredith's sweet voice filled the room.  She began singing all by her self.

 

"Fly me to the moon

Let me play among the stars

Let me see what spring is like on

Jupiter and Mars

In other words

Hold my hand

In other words

Baby, kiss me

 

The band entered behind her

 

Fill my heart with song,

Let me sing forever more

You are all I've longed for

All I've worshipped and adored

In other words

Please be true

In other words

I love you

 

The band played a short interlude complete with loud trumpets

 

Fill my heart with song

Let me SING forever more

You are all I've longed for

All I've worshipped and adored

In other words

Please be true

In other words

Oh in other words

In other words

I..love.....You!"

 

Meredith hopped off the stage and strolled over to Justin's smiling face.  She looked at Lonnie who was watching the two from a wall, near the doorway. He was clapping loudly and whistling.  She just shook her head.

 

"Meredith, you, you amaze me, more and more each day."  Justin sighed.

 

"Care to dance?"  She asked as a slow song came on

 

They walked to the dance floor and Justin placed his hands on her hips and began to rock slowly to the music of "The way you look tonight."  Meredith placed her hands around his neck and rested the side of her face on his chest.  He leaned down and placed his cheek on the top of her head.  They just swayed back and forth to the music until Justin whispered.

 

"Meredith, I have so many things I need to tell you."  She raised her head to look at him.  He was searching for words and she could tell he was struggling.

 

"Shhh, don't talk, not yet..." She placed a finger on his lips and gently rubbed his bottom lip with her thumb.  She stared into his eyes, "...not yet."  Her other hand was at the base of his neck.  She pushed on it to give him the notion he needed.  She played with the gelled curls at the base of his neck as he lowered his head.  They closed their eyes and finally their lips found each other.

 

It was light and delicate.  Justin covered her lips with his.  They were soft and sweet.  He tasted her lip-gloss.  It tasted like watermelon and he soon found himself wanting more and losing control.  He applied more pressure by tilting his head.  She quietly groaned against his mouth.  His lips were like velvet and she couldn't get enough.  He slowly bushed her lips with his tongue. And this caused reality to set in for her. 

 

She abruptly pulled away and he leaned forwards kissing air at her quick movements.  HE smiled but kept his eyes closed.  "Playing hard to get are we?"  He teased and slowly opened his eyes. He saw her.

 

She looked lost.  She looked scared.  She looked alone. 

 

"Justin, we need to talk."

 

Chapter 8 by Mere

Chapter 8

 

2:26am at a random park

-----------------------

 

"So, uhh, what do you want to talk about?"  Justin stumbled.

 

"Will you just walk with me and be quiet.  I just want to enjoy this time with you.  I have a lot of things going through my mind and I need to figure them out."

 

"Sure thang.  God, would you look at the stars?  I've never seen them that bright before."  Justin said looking up at the sky.  Meredith turned her gaze to the sky and smiled.  They truly were amazing.

 

They walked for about 10 minutes of just silence.  Justin had begged Lonnie to let them go off on their own.  And after a lot of begging, Lonnie gave in.

 

"Let's go sit on that bench over there."  Meredith said pointing.

 

They sat down and an awkward silence fell over them.  They just sat there listening to the crickets and owls and the flow of rushing water somewhere near them.

 

"Meredith, I..."

 

"Justin..."

 

They started at the same time. 

 

"Meredith, please let me go first. I need to go ahead and get this out before I explode."

 

"OK."

 

Justin sighed and took deep breath.  He was scared but he knew he had to do this.

 

"You know all the trouble I've had with women.  They use me, abuse me.  The whole works.  I thought you would be the same.  But...Gosh, this is hard."  He looked down and Meredith took his hands.

 

"Just tell me, Justin."

 

"OK, I, umm, I uhh, think I'm falling in love with you.  Yeah, I know, it's happened pretty fast.  I just, every time you are around, I have to be right beside you.  And when you are not around I go looking for you.  I've never been this wrapped up with someone before.  And it scares me. Literally, I am terrified that I'm going to give you my heart and you are going to break it. I know you would never, EVER, do that on purpose.  But the terror is still there."  He looked down at his feet and collected his thoughts.

 

"That day on the beach.  I never gave you an explanation of why I acted the way I did.  Well, here you are.  I'm going to let it all out.  I hope I don't scare you...."  Meredith looked at him confused and he just continued.

 

"When I kissed you, I started thinking about things I've never thought about before.  I started feeling things I've only heard about.  I started thinking about a future, Meredith.  With you. I started seeing you and me getting married, having kids.  I've NEVER pictured that before.  Now, I don't know what it was.  If it was the beach? If it was the fact that I had dreamed about what it would be like to kiss you from even before I met you?  I don't know.  But when we broke the kiss and I looked down at you.  I could have sworn you were some creature not of this earth.  You stunned me and scared me.  And so being the jackass that I am, I ran away.  And I'm really sorry, I'll be forever sorry that I did."

 

HE stopped and looked up at her.  Her eyes were watery.  She didn't know whether to kiss him, slap him, and hold him, run away from him.  He was scaring HER now.  But, she had to be strong.

 

"Meredith, I was falling in love with you.  And it scared me." He finished.

 

"Oh, Justin..." She choked out.  Meredith was now openly crying and she didn't know what to do.  So she did what came naturally.  She reached out and clung to him. 

 

He wrapped his arms around her and tried to quiet her, but it was no use.  Finally after a few minutes she pulled away. Justin what did you mean you wanted to kiss me before you met me?"

 

"I umm, well, when Johnny told us about you he showed us this picture of a little girl in a pink dress."

 

"Oh no...." Meredith chuckled.

 

"It was so cute.  I thought the little girl in the picture was gorgeous.  I was in a really weird mood that day so I decided calling the new Intern "little g", meaning gorgeous girl, even though I had never seen you besides in that picture.  I remember looking at the picture and wondering what you would look like now.  Joey and I were playing around and I was like, "I bet the new intern girl can kiss." I remember Joey slapping my hand and saying, "Yeah, I've brainwashed him to think like me." I don't know what my problem was.  But anyway, that's what I mean when I say I wanted to kiss you before I met you.  Yeah, I know, I'm a complete perverted dork.  I was basically wanting to make out with a 10 year old."

 

"Timberlake, you make me wonder me sometimes." She laughed.

 

"I know, I know." He shrugged. 

 

"So, you were the one."  She smiled.

 

"Huh?"

 

"You were the one to make up the name G"

 

"Oh, yeah."  He smiled shyly.

 

Silence enveloped them again and Meredith finally got up enough courage to speak.

 

"Justin, I have to say a whole lot to you.  And, umm, you aren't going to like some of it.  But I have to tell you.  I don't know why, I just do."  She stopped and looked away from him. And finally continued.

 

"There are two stories.  The truth and what people think is the truth.  Only two people know the truth, and one of them is dead."  He looked at her in shock and she kept on going.

 

"But, I, for some weird reason, have decided that I should tell you.  You are my best friend.  You deserve to know." She paused to collect her thoughts.  "You deserve to know why I get depressed.  You deserve to know why I take medicine for depression.  You deserve to know why I hate the name 'Mer-DEATH'.  Well, you basically deserve to know who Dan is."

 

Justin looked at her shocked and confused, "Dan?" He asked quietly.

 

"He is my best friend.  Or was.  He died 2 and 1/2 years ago." She looked at Justin and pulled out her purse and rummaged through it.  She pulled out the photo she always kept with her of him with his arms around her and kissing her temple.  She looked at it and handed it to Justin.  While Justin studied it, Meredith closed her eyes and continued with the story.

 

"Dan and I were inseparable.  We knew each over like the back of our hands.  HE was incredible. I could never asked for someone better to spend my youth with than Dan.  I grew up with him.  We were next-door neighbors.  We spent every minute together.  People would think that we were brother and sister when we were little.  WE were extremely popular, together.  The girls liked me because Dan was a hottie and I would always try to help him get as many girls as possible. And so we made a good team. When we got into high school everyone thought that we were a couple.  We never were.  I never had feelings like that towards him.  He was my best friend.  He was the twin I never had.  I loved him more than life itself.  I would have killed myself to save him if it was possible." She looked at Justin and sighed.

 

"Dan had problems.  Problems I didn't know about.  People always tried and find something to blame problems like his on, but there was nothing to blame.  Dan was screwed up.  I never knew until the night before he died how screwed up he actually was.  People tried to blame his parents, but his parents were, well are, the sweetest people.  I don't speak to them anymore. I don't speak to many people anymore in my hometown.  People blamed me for strange reasons.  'He spent to much time with that girl...blah blah blah'. I don't really know why people blamed me, but they were right.  They had every right to blame me.  He would still be here if I had done what he asked of me."

 

"Meredith, I'm so confused right now." Justin whispered.

 

"Sorry, It's kinda difficult for me to explain. I mean I've gone over and over many times in my head what I would tell someone, but you are the first person I've ever told.  I've kept this locked up inside of me for 2 and 1/2 years.  Its been killing me.  OK, back to Dan. Umm, I never thought much about little things Dan would say to me and stuff.  He would call me Gorgeous.  He was the only other person I've ever known to call me that." She stopped and tried to explain.

 

"Lance told me that day when you guys sang More than a feeling to me, that when yall called me "G" it stood for gorgeous.  That's why I was so upset when I came to sound check.  I was thinking of Dan. "  She sighed and continued

 

"Anywys, Dan umm, well one night he called me up and told me that he needed to talk to me about something very important.  It was like 11 at night or so and my parents were out of town for the evening.  So when Dan came over, I brought him upstairs to my room like I had done a million times before.  But I could tell something was bothering him.  I brought him in my room and it happened so fast, and sometimes it just replays in my head in slow motion.  I remember Dan pushing me on the bed and pining me down on it with his body.  HE kissed me and kissed me.  I couldn't breathe.  I didn't know what to do.  I had never been kissed before and Dan, he was like my brother.  He was my sole protector from evil people and here he was being evil, forcing himself on me.  He kept kissing me and tried to pull my shirt off.  I remember fighting with him and kicking and screaming.  I hit him as hard as I could but he kept on going, trying to remove me of my clothes.  Finally I screamed that 'I was Meredith' I asked him 'how could you' and I got really mean and called him names I don't even like to even think about."  She looked at Justin. He was staring at the ground searching to understand. She kept on talking.

 

"He abruptly stopped.  He hadn't hurt me, physically.  He hadn't raped me or anything.  But I was emotionally ruined.  He just stood up and stared at me lying on the bed trying as hard as I could not to cry. And the last thing I remember was him whispering "I'm sorry" and running out of my house."

 

Meredith looked at Justin.  He was crying.  He was angry, upset.  He use to never be the crying type, but ever since he met Meredith, his feelings seemed to sharpen.  He had become more sensitive. 

 

This explained a lot and she knew he was beginning to understand. But it wasn't over yet.

 

"Justin, that night Dan killed himself." Justin jerked his head towards Meredith who was contently watching the stars.

 

"He got home and sometime during the night put the gun to his head and pulled the trigger.  He used his dads.  His dad was a police officer.  He also wrote a note.  But it was just a notebook sheet of paper with the words "I'm sorry" written over and over and over again.  He signed his name on the bottom but addressed it to no one.  His parents found him the next day.  When police came to look around they found a huge box in his closet.  It had all types of weird poetry and writings in it.  Stuff about death, about Satan, about sex, about being alone. Even about me.  I remember the cops handing me one poem called "Mer-DEATH," asking me if I had ever seen it before.  It said that I was the only person that had the power to destroy him. Perverted, gross, scary stuff was written in the poem.  I still have nightmares about that poem.  The doctors determined that he had some type of psycho-persona inside of him.  He wasn't the guy we all grew up to love.  He wasn't my best friend anymore.  He was a sick guy with a twisted brain, who had killed himself."  She stopped and exhaled a much-needed breath as to breathe out all her misery.

 

"No one knows that Dan came to my house the night before he died.  No one but Dan, but he is dead.  Of course I know.  But now you know, too.  I know you won't tell anyone.  I trust you." 

She sighed and shrugged. "And THAT'S my story.  THAT'S why I'm depressed.  THAT'S why I take medicine to get me through the day.  And THAT'S why I don't think I could love you the way you want me to." 

 

She looked at Justin.  Her cheeks were soaked and so were his.  He didn't know why he was crying, he just was.

 

"Justin, I want to be with you more than anything.  But I don't trust myself with you.  In a week I'm going back to North Carolina.  I might never see you again.  I treasure your friendship.  I need it.  And I'm afraid if we act on our feelings anymore, that I might lose control of myself. I love you.  You are the first person besides my family that I've said that to since Dan has died.  You might not think that's a big deal.  But it is. It's a huge Deal.  You say I frighten you? Well I scare the shit out of myself."

 

Meredith was finished.  No more questions were in Justin's head.  He knew. He understood. Yeah, he was upset.  He wanted to be with her.  But sometimes things just don't work out that way.

 

"Meredith, I never knew you had this much going on with you.  If I was in your position I think I would have killed myself by now."  His eyed focused on nothing as he shook his head.

 

"It's not like I haven't tried before..." She mumbled not really wanting him to hear.

 

He snapped up to look at her, lovingly.  "Ohh, Meredith, don't say that.  You are amazing. You are beautiful.  I don't know why Dan would ever want to hurt someone as angelic as you are.  You are so strong. I use to wonder why you get nervous when people complimented you.  I thought your innocence and insecurities were because you were naive.  But, damn, you have to be the strongest person I know to have gone through all that and still be standing.  You are breathtaking.  And I love you.  And I will wait for you as long as it takes.  I'll help you. I'll be there for you when you need me.  I will always be there."

 

"Thank you Justin, you are my angel."  She smiled and he cupped her face with his hands and wiped the tears from her with his thumbs.  She in returned wiped his away with her index finger and whispered:

 

"Will you kiss me, softly, please.  Just one more time until I hit reality."

 

He didn't say anything he just brought her face to his and placed his lips on hers.  He wanted more. He wanted to consume her and let her know he would always protect her. But this was what SHE wanted.  And he was willing to do anything to make her happy.  He gently caressed her lips with his and finally pulled away.

 

Meredith kept her eyes closed and rested her head on Justin's shoulder.  Her feet were pulled up and resting on the bench.  She hugged her knees.  Justin wrapped his strong arms around her and placed his hands on hers in front of her knees.  They stayed like this for who knows how long. 

 

"Hey you two, it's REAL late. Johnny probably has the FBI out looking for us.  We need to go." Lonnie called out from 20 feet away.  He was trying to look like he wasn't spying on the two but it wasn't working.  The dim light of the lamp above them casted a glow and Meredith laughed when she saw Lonnie's neck stretch to try and see them.

 

"EY, Lonnie, why don't you just wait until the home video is out.  It will be a lot easier than breaking your neck." Justin yelled to the big man.  Meredith giggled and Lonnie approached them.

 

"What am I going to do with you two?" Lonnie shook his head at the two.  They were still in their same position with Justin holding her and hadn't even bother to move.

 

"What time is it L-dawg?" Meredith asked.

 

"It's past my bedtime AND yours. It's 3:45!" Lonnie exclaimed.

 

Meredith tilted her head back to look at Justin who shrugged sheepishly and said, "Who knew?"

 

"All right, come on. Let's get you lovebirds back."

 

"We aren't lovebirds, are we Justin?" Meredith asked walking hand in hand with Justin to the limo.

 

"Nope. Just Best friends, always." Justin placed a kiss on her temple and the three people made their way back to the limo.

 

--------

A week later in a backstage lounge in Ft. Lauderdale

 

"Can you believe it's almost over?"  Lance said as he lay down on the couch.

 

"WHOO HOO! I'm goin HOMMMMMEEEE" Joey yelled.

 

"I can't WAIT to see Dani."  Chris put his fist in the air triumphantly.

 

"Guess what?"  JC entered the room putting his cell phone back in his pocket.  He plopped down on the couch and sighed.

 

"What C?" Justin asked not looking up from the cards he held in his hand.

 

Meredith smiled smugly at him and placed down her cards.  "Gin."  Justin glared at her.

 

JC continued. "I just talked to Cindy and told her about the closing show and asked her to come.  You know what she said?"

 

"She didn't want to..." Meredith said turning to give him a worried look.

 

"How did you know?" He asked hurtfully.

 

"She called me 30 minutes ago and told me she was thinking about breaking it off.  She kept asking me what to do.  I didn't know what to say because I didn't want to be put in the middle of you guys."

 

"What did you tell her?"  JC asked quietly.

 

"JC, I stuck up for you.  I told her about how much you missed her and how many times you had the chance to go after another girl, but didn't.  And she kept saying that she knew in about two months you would be gone again.  She didn't want to keep having her heart taken away.  I can understand that.  But, she should have at least given you a chance." 

 

Meredith got up from her place across from Justin on the floor and sat down beside JC.

 

She looked in his eyes; "She's a fool for doing this to you."

 

He rested his head down on her shoulder and she wrapped an arm around him. JC quietly said, "What are we going to do when you're gone?"

 

"Meredith we are going to miss you and your booty so much." Joey said winking.

 

"Please do not start talking about her booty. Last time she slapped me in the back of my head." Justin glared at her.

 

"Oh OK, Mr. Timberfake, you want to be like that?  Bring it onnnn..." 

 

"You don't want a piece of me."  He said grinning evilly.

 

"Yup, you're right.  I go for more of the quiet, laid back type.  The ones on the rebound.  Right JC?"  She said sweetly, changing her position so that she was in JC's lap.

 

"YEAHHHH BABY!"  He imitated Austin Powers and began tickling her.

 

"*Nsync to sound check, *Nsync to sound check..." A voice was heard from a speaker.

 

"All right boys, get your lazy butts up and go sing." Meredith pointed to the door.

 

"You coming with us?"  Justin asked sweetly and hopefully.

 

"Maybe..." She said like it was not a big deal.

 

"MAYBE?...hey you guys go on, I'll meet you down there." He turned his attention to the rest of the guys.  They left and he turned back towards Meredith.

 

"You ALWAYS come to sound check."  He said in a fatherly tone.

 

"I know, it's just.... This is the last one, Justin.  I don't want it to end.  I leave tomorrow."

 

"I know."  He whispered.

 

"I don't want to go back."

 

"Believe me, I don't WANT you to go back either!"  He said gazing at her.

 

"Come, sit with me..." She patted the space beside her.  He sat down and immediately engulfed her in a hug.

 

"I said sit, not suffocate."  Meredith laughed against his chest.

 

"I'm going to miss you little g."

 

"I'm going to miss you, too..." She paused for effect and screamed "...TIMBERFAKE!"  She then jumped up and ran down towards the stage area with Justin sprinting behind her.

 

"OH that's it missy.  You are going DOWNNNNNNN."  He yelled.  She just laughed and kept running, but Justin's long legs soon caught up to her.  He picked her up and swung her around finally throwing her over his shoulder.  She could have protested, she could have fought him.  But she just went limp on his shoulder and enjoyed being carried into the huge coliseum.

 

"Wowweeeee.  This is a NICCCCCEEEEE view!" She exclaimed sarcastically as she was staring at his butt, not like she really had a choice to look anywhere else.

 

"You can touch it if you want..." Justin said sexily.

 

"Ewww, gross."  She made a face but reached and grabbed a cheek.

 

"WHOA NOW!! Meredith we have officially corrupted you." He said flipping her over and standing her straight.

 

"Wow, we are on stage."  She said looking around. 

 

"Yup, it looks a lot different without the lights and everything."

 

"Yeah, last time I was up here I wasn't paying much attention to the crowd." Meredith blushed, remembering last week when they had sang to her and the other women.  Justin laughed nervously and they walked to where the other guys were getting their microphones on.

 

"Bout time you got here, J.  We thought G might have killed you or something." Chris said.

 

"Or screwed you..." Joey winked at them. 

 

JC, Lance, and Chris fell silent in shock and Justin glared at Joey.  All the guys had bothered Justin about Meredith and their date. And even though he confirmed that they were just friends, Joey kept picking on him about it.  Justin was extremely tired of Joey's remarks.  But Meredith laughed and knew exactly what to do.

 

"Joey, was it THAT obvious? Opps.  Oh, Justin I forgot to zip up your pants." Everyone's eyes fell towards Justin's crotch, but Meredith stood in front of him before anyone could see that he actually did have his pants zipped up.  She nudged Justin and he just pretended to zip up his fly.  He then placed his arms around Meredith and said, "I guess we should tell them, huh M?"

 

"Guess so Justin..." She glanced at him and back to the rest of the guys.

 

"Tell us what?" Chris said cluelessly.

 

"We're a couple."  They said at the same time.  The guys all hung their mouths open and just stood there in shock as the two 'lovebirds' shrugged.

 

"I fell for this last time...prove it!" Lance said.

 

"Come here, babes..." Justin said leaning towards her.  Meredith stood up on her tiptoes and they both closed their eyes.  They rest of the guys stood their wide-eyed.  When Meredith and Justin were inches apart they both erupted into giggles. 

 

"You...guys.... Should have...seen...the look on...your...faces..." Justin said between laughs.

 

"OK, guys, enough goofing off.  Get to work."  Johnny said walking towards the stage.

 

"Sure thang boss."  Chris saluted him and they began their sound check.

 

"Meredith, can I see you for a moment?"  Johnny asked.

 

"Awww, you're in trouble!"  Justin teased.  She just stuck her tongue out at him.

 

"Sure."  Meredith hopped off stage and she and Johnny walked to about the 15th row and sat down.  They watched the sound check and laughed at the guys singing various songs and doing stupid dances. After about 10 minutes Johnny spoke.

 

"Meredith, have you thought any more about the job?"

 

"Yeah, actually I have."

 

"Well..." Johnny turned and looked at her. She looked straight ahead and stared at the guys on stage that she had grown to love.

 

"I think I should go back home for about a while.  But...." She paused for effect and smiled at the guys on stage and waved to them.  They waved back and she knew her decision was final.

 

"I've been accepted to FSU.  Classes start in about a month. My parents have already found an apartment for me in Orlando. And...I'm accepting your job offer."

 

"GREAT!"  Johnny exclaimed.  "I can't wait to tell the guys, they'll be thrilled."

 

"Wait, Johnny, don't tell them.  I want it to be a surprise."

 

"Well when are you going to tell them?"

 

"The first day on the job.  None of them know I'm going to Florida State.  They all think I'm going back to NC.  Yeah, I know, it's rude to make them miss me.  But I deserve some love, right?"  She asked laughing.

 

"You deserve all the love, M." Johnny hugged her and left her alone to watch the rest of the sound check.
Chapter 9 by Mere

Chapter 9

 

At the concert that night

--------------

 

"NO WAY!" Meredith Screamed.

 

"YES WAY!"  Chris mocked her in a ditzy voice

 

"Are you serious?" She said totally shocked,

 

"Uh huh!" JC nodded his head.

 

"This is unbelievable.  OH this will be much better than sitting on a couch watching the real world marathon and eating cheez-its."

 

"You better think that we are better than that!" Joey put his hands on his hips.

 

"AHHH this is going to be so much fun. You guys better acknowledge my presence up there.  If you don't wave, well, you'll have hell to pay."

 

"YES MA'AM!" The *Nsync members saluted her

 

"Now go out there and find your seat.  See ya in about 10 minutes." Justin pointed to the door and gave her a quick kiss on the cheek and ran off.

 

She made her way out into the huge coliseum.  Girls were everywhere screaming.  It was amazing.  Meredith's eyes shined as she walked to her seat.  Her seat was front row center.

 

She was sitting by one of the Miracle Networks kids and her sister.  She smiled at the girl who was probably no more than 10 and the little girl smiled back.

 

"Are you an *Nsync fan?"  The little girl asked.

 

"Uh huh. I'm one of their biggest fans!" Meredith sat down in her seat while the girl remained standing.

 

"My name is Kerri.  This was my wish!  I even got meet and greet passes!" The little girl showed Meredith the pass hanging around her neck.

 

"Well I'm Meredith, and its really cool to meet you. What did you think of the guys when you met them?"

 

"They are really, really nice.  They took a whole lot of pictures with me and signed a lot of my stuff.  I even got their e-mail addresses.  Their REAL ones."

 

"Wow. That's really cool.  So, who's your favorite?"  Meredith asked her.

 

"Hmm, I love them all.  They are so nice.  Chris was really funny.  JC kept wanting to talk to me. He would never shut up.  Lance was extremely nice.  Joey kept flirting with my sister..." Kerri pointed to a girl beside her that looked about 20 and was really pretty.

 

"Figures, huh?" Meredith asked the girl and they both started giggling.  Then Kerri continued.

 

"But, I probably like Justin the best.  He was really nice to me.  He is really cute too."  The young girl smiled brightly sticking her tongue out between her teeth.  Meredith laughed.

 

"Yup, the boy sure is a cutie!" Meredith said dreamily.

 

"So, Mere, can I call you Mere...?"

 

"Of course, everyone else does."

 

"How did you get these good of seats?  Are you sick like me?"  This made Meredith's heart sink at Kerri's innocence. 

 

"Actually, I'm a good friend of the guys.  I'm their assistant."

 

"WOW THAT IS SOO COOL! Can I have your autograph?"

 

"Umm, I don't know why you would want it, but sure."  Meredith signed Kerri's Nsync T-shirt she had on.

 

"I like you Mere, you are really nice."  The girl looked at her shoulder where Meredith had signed her name.

 

"You know what Kerri, I like you too!" Meredith touched the girls nose and they both began to laugh.

 

Then the lights went out and the screams got deafening. Even though it was said to not stand on the seats, Meredith picked up Kerri who was extremely small for her age, probably due to her illness, and placed her on the chair.  The people behind them could see just fine.

 

Kerri and Meredith watched as the guys came down from the stage tied up like marionettes. Meredith had seen the show a million times.  But never had she been one of the fans.  She had never had a seat in the audience.  It was 10 times better than backstage.

 

During the show each guy waved, winked, or smiled in Meredith and Kerri's direction. And the two girls would just make faces back.

 

During a part of "It Make's me I'll", JC came over and shook their hands.  Meredith pretended to faint and it made him laugh and mess up his verse.  But nobody in the crowd, except Meredith seemed to notice. 

 

During "God must have spent..." Justin did his normal thing of teasing the crowd by taking FOREVER to finish the song.  Finally, he started walking towards them and locked eyes with Meredith.  Kerri nudged her and whispered, "He is staring at you..." 

 

"I know, Kerri. I know" Meredith dreamily spoke.  He then broke Meredith's stare and looked at Kerri who jumped up and down in excitement. Justin pointed to her and finished the song.  When he walked back he smiled and winked at Meredith.  She was in heaven.

 

"Meredith, Mere..." Kerri kept poking her trying to get her attention.

 

"Huh..." Meredith turned towards the girl with a dazed look.

 

"Umm, I think Justin likes you." Kerri said with her hands on her hips.

 

"Ya think so?  Hmm...Actually I was thinking he had a little thing for you, K-dawg."  Kerri smiled brightly and jumped up and down and squealed.

 

It was the end of the show and the guys had left the stage.  The annoying flash of lights and the name "Nsync" on the screen, started to get on Meredith's nerves as it kept going and going and going...

 

They had one more song to do, "Bye Bye Bye" But Meredith was in for a surprise.

 

The boys finally re-entered the stage followed by all of the crew, staff, help, management, techs, ect.  The whole N-crew was there.  Chris started to speak.

 

"You guys, since this is our last show, we had to give a shout out to all these people behind us."

 

Lance stepped in, "Everyone from our Management to our band, security to hair stylist.  These are the people behind the scenes."

 

JC spoke next, "Without them there would be no *Nsync. We want to thank them for making our "No strings attached" tour the BEST tour we have ever had!"

 

Then was Joey's turn, "We want to thank you guys for making *Nsync what it is today.  You guys give it up for the N-crew!"  The crowd went nuts and Meredith laughed at her friends and colleagues shocked and embarrassed faces on stage.  Nobody was expecting this.

 

Justin quieted the crowd and finally spoke, "We want to sing you guys a song that is one of my favorites. This is just a way for us to say thank you for all the hard work you do.  This goes out to everyone who has taken us to where we are today.  Even for those not on stage, like our sound and lighting crew, our little G, and of course you, our fans." 

 

The crowd went completely nuts but Meredith stood silenced by those last words.  G...that was her.  Finally the guys' accapella came through the speakers and Meredith had to sit down.  This was too much. They were singing "More than a feeling..."

 

She closed her eyes and swayed in her chair to JC's sweet voice

 

"I woke up this mornin and the sun was gone

Turned on some music to start my day

Lost in myself in the familiar song

Closed my eyes and I slipped away

 

Meredith stopped breathing as Justin's verse began.  She opened her eyes and a tear fell down her face as she watched him sing

 

When I'm tired and I think I'm cold

I hide in my music and forget the day

Dream of a girl that I use to know

Close my eyes and she slipped away

 

More than a feeling…

 

Justin stole glances at Meredith sitting down during the song.  He thought she might be sick or something, but then saw her smile and his heart melted away into bliss.  He thought to himself

 

-I deserve a cookie for picking out this song. -

 

Once the song was done JC said, "Let's give it up one more time for the N-crew.”

 

The crowd cheered once again and the crew left the stage. Meredith sat there crying.  They had never sounded so good before.  She loved them all.  Tomorrow was going to be a HARD day.  But she kept thinking about the fact that she would be back with them in a month or so.  Still, a month was a long time.

 

"Mere, why are you crying?"  Kerri asked her, curious like the little child she was.

 

"Oh, its nothing.  That song always gets to me."

 

By now they were already well into their "Bye, Bye, Bye" routine.  Before she knew it the lights were up and the crowd was gone.  The "No Strings Attached" tour was over.

 

The stage was already being torn down.  It was the last time that they would tear down that stage.  Kerri and her sister had already left and told Meredith goodbye, and the custodians and help were sweeping up the confetti.  Meredith was still planted in her seat. Finally Mike walked up to her.

 

"Good show huh?"

 

"I'm speechless, Mike.  Utterly speechless." She said staring at the stage being torn down.

 

"Come on G.  Everyone is wondering where you are backstage."

 

"Why?" Meredith stood up and jumped over the railing and began walking with Mike.

 

"Well, there is that huge party remember.  The ending of the tour thing. Everyone was just wondering where their favorite little intern is."

 

"Oh yeah, sorry my mind is still back in teenybopper land."

 

"I can tell." Mike chuckled.

 

"Hey, and I'm not an intern anymore, THANK YOU! I'm an assistant!" Meredith said kinda hurt.

 

Mike just laughed and they entered a huge room somewhere in the depths of the venue.  There was loud music playing, food, a dance floor, tables, and LOTS of people.

 

"Wow, these boys sure know who to throw a party, eh?" Meredith held Mike's hand as he pushed their way through people. Meredith followed Mike to a table with 6 chairs surrounded by hoards of people. Who ever was there, EVERYONE wanted to talk to

 

"EXCUSE ME!  COMING THROUGH! MOVE PLEASE!"  Mike yelled at the people blocking his path. Finally they had made their way to the table and Mike tapped Dre on the shoulder and he got up from the sixth seat at the table.  He had been saving it for someone. People tried to sit down in the chair but Mike blocked them. He then told the occupants of the table, "Special Delivery for *Nsync" He pulled Meredith, who's view was blocked by the crowd, but still had Mike's hand and pushed her in front of him and sat her in the only open chair at the table. 

 

"MEREDITH!!" JC threw his arms in the air

 

"G" Lance yelled

 

Chris screamed "MERE!"

 

Joey exclaimed "M&M!"

 

"ANGEL!" Justin said from beside her leaning over and kissing her temple.

 

"Uhh, hi guys!"  Meredith said sheepishly. "Whatsup?" They all started laughing at her nonchalant attitude. Soon everyone was engulfed in small talk.  The people that at one point were suffocating them had dispersed and the guys were able to breathe.

 

Justin turned to Meredith and spoke so only she could hear. "I saw you crying."

 

"Oh."  She blushed.

 

"I-er we, didn't mean for it to upset you."

 

“Oh it didn't.  It's just that song and the way yall sing it makes my eyes water."

 

Justin nodded and smiled boyishly. "Did you hear me give you a special shout out, little G?"

 

"Yes I did.  Thank you."  She smiled and gave in a sweet kiss on his cheek, before returning to the other people at the table.

 

All of a sudden the Thong Song came on and all five guys turned their grinning faces to the girl at their table.

 

"NO!" Meredith put her hands in front of her as to stop them.

 

"Come on!" JC yelled.

 

Joey whined "Puuuleeeease."

 

"Do it, do it." Chris teased banging his fist on the table

 

"Yall don't make her do it..." Lance tried but Justin smacked his head and looked at Meredith.

 

"The booty is about to be unleashed." Justin evilly grinned.

 

"No, the booty is not! I am NOT unleashing it!"

 

"Fine then, I'll just unleash it for you."  Justin grabbed her out of her seat and took her to the dance floor.  JC ran up to them. Lance sat at the table and his girlfriend, Leslie, took a seat beside him. 

 

"Looks like they worked it out." She said quietly in his ear.

 

"Yeah, I think they are making progress." Lance looked at his girlfriend and stole a quick kiss before striking up a conversation.

 

Chris had found Danielle, and had started to dance with her and Joey was surrounded on the dance floor by about 10 girls.

 

Justin and JC were in the middle of the dance floor sandwiching Meredith.  And she was enjoying every minute of it.  She was bumping and grinding with the two of them.  She looked up a JC who was in front of her and said, "Do you know how many girls would kill to be me, right now."  JC just smiled and continued dancing.  Justin put his hands on her hips and brought her as close to him as possible.  He whispered in her ear, "Do you know how many guys would kill to be ME, right now."  Meredith blushed and inhaled Justin's scent. Justin grinded against her backside as JC flowed like snake in front of her. The three were, well, dirty dancing.  The song ended and another started playing. It was disco music.  JC, Justin and Meredith looked at each other and broke out in the "Grease" dance that Meredith had taught them a few weeks before. 

 

The night continued on like this into the early hours of the morning.  Everyone was partying and having a great time.  They were trying to rid themselves of the reality that tomorrow would bring: Meredith was going home.

 

----------

The next day. At the airport, 11:00am

 

"So, we have the terminal marked off.  Only passengers and family members are allowed there.  I don't think the press has gotten a hold of us yet, so that's a good thing.  But to be safe we don't want you guys running off.  Stay right at the terminal until she boards the plane and then we have to leave.  Got it?"

 

"Thanks, Mike. We got it." Chris said.

 

"Please do not scream..." Joey groaned.

 

"I told you not to drink that much last night, Joe." Lance chuckled at his hungover friend.

 

"Man this sucks."  JC exhaled looking over to his younger friend beside him.

 

Justin had on a baseball hat and sunglasses.  He stared out the window focusing on nothing in particular.  JC nudged him.

 

"You going to be OK?"

 

"No." Justin mumbled as tear fell down his cheek.  He didn't move.  He just let the tear fall.  He didn't care who saw.  JC sighed and tried to relax in his seat knowing Justin didn't want to be bothered anymore.

 

In a matter of five minutes a white van with tinted windows pulled up at the drop off area of the Orlando International Airport.  Mike got out of the car and cleared the area.  He opened the door and out came Randy, Chris, Todd, Joey, Dre, JC, Lance, Lonnie, and Justin.  Mike led them through the airport as the guys subconsciously readjusted their hats and sunglasses.  They made their way through security check and into the terminal.  They got many weird stares but no one approached them, oddly enough. Finally they reached their destination and walked over to a girl slumped in a chair with sunglasses over her eyes and a baseball cap low on her forehead.  She looked like she was asleep.

 

Meredith wasn't asleep but stared out her sunglasses at the planes landing and taking off on the runaway outside.  Beside her sat Johnny and his wife Gina.  Johnny was on his cell phone as usual and Gina was patiently sitting. 

 

"Uh huh...OK...great..." Johnny said in the phone then shut it off.  "Well, they are here.  Mike said they just got done with security and are making their way here now. All right?"

 

Meredith didn't respond or move.  She just sat there like a zombie.  Sure she had partied most of the night and hardly had any sleep.  And even though she hadn't had a sip to drink, somebody that didn't know her probably would have sworn she was hung over. 

 

"Hidey ho, ranger Joe!" Chris said as the group of men approached them.

 

"Hey Chris, guys. Sleep well?" Johnny said with a chuckle.  Gina stood up and greeted the guys.  Meredith didn't move. 

 

"Hey M, What's shaken?" Chris asked as he plopped down beside her.  When she didn't move he turned to the group and whispered, "I think she is asleep." 

 

Just as he said that Meredith wrapped her arms around Chris's neck and held on to him for dear life. He was startled at first.  She just sighed against him and he put his arms around her. 

 

"Aww, come on M.  Don't get emotional on me." She didn't respond she just held him tighter.

 

He whispered, "Come on g, get up, some people are here to see you." He stood up and offered her his hands.  She took them and he pulled her up.  Chris put and arm around her shoulders and they walked over the group a few feet away.

 

"Look who I found." Chris stated.

 

"Hey girl, how ya feeling this morning?" Lonnie asked sweetly.

 

"Like shit." She said in a low voice.

 

Everyone glanced at each other; it was odd to hear her use language like that. Johnny stepped forward and said, "Meredith you'll need to board your plane soon.  I'm pretty sure you want to have time to say goodbye, so you might as well get started." He knew it wasn't what anyone wanted to hear, but it had to be said.

 

Meredith stepped up to Mike and just leaned on him. She placed her head on his massive chest and just leaned. Didn't even put her arms around him.  But he did. He wrapped her in a hug and rocked her back and forth.

 

"Bye girlie. I'm sure I'll see your sweet face soon enough."

 

"Bye Mike." She sighed.

 

She then went up and hugged Gina, Randy and Todd and said goodbye.

 

"Come ere booty..." Dre said. She wrapped her arms around him and said, "You'll always be my sexual chocolate."  With a weak smile she let go of him.

 

Next came Joey.

 

"Joshpinnnneee" she whined.

 

"Ahhh, nooooo, too loud." She laughed as he pulled her into a hug. 

 

"I told you not to drink." She said resting her head on his shoulder.

 

"Since when did I start listening to you." He chided.

 

"Good point." She managed a laugh and he squeezed her tighter.

 

"I'll miss you girl, you better call me!"

 

"Oh I will. I will. I love you Joey."

 

"I love you, too sweetheart." He kissed her cheek and she let go.

 

Then there was Lance.

 

He sighed and hugged her. "You can't leave, g.  You just cant."

 

"I know Lance, I don't want to. Hey, can I move in with you?" She joked.

 

"Fine with me." He said almost serious.

 

"Bye g, I love ya."

 

"I know, I love you too."

 

She let go of him and moved on to Chris.

 

"It's about time you get out of here.  You were starting to get on my nerves." Chris exclaimed. She put her hands on her hips and opened her mouth as to say something but didn't and just tackled him in a hug.

 

"I love you Chris. I always will."

 

"Love ya girlie, you best to stay crazy and if you don't call me, I'm coming after you."

 

Then there was Lonnie.

 

"Well, L-dawg. It's been real."

 

"Yeah.  You keep that strength of yours, ya hear?  Don't let anyone tell you that you aren't worth something.  You're a special girl M." Lonnie pulled her into a bear hug and whispered in her ear.

 

"Even though, you and him aren't together, Justin is lucky to have you.  We are all lucky to have you in ours lives G."

 

"I'm lucky just to be here in the presence with you guys.  But I don't want to have to start singing, 'she so lucky, she's a star...' so..." She laughed with him, "I'll miss you, buddy. Love you."

 

"I love you too M."

 

Next was JC.

 

"Hey C" She stepped up to him.  He didn't say anything but engulfed her into a hug.

 

"Don't go.  Please.  Say this is just a joke, a dream.  I'll wake up tomorrow and we will be back on the bus trying to get the guys to watch Star Wars. Say it. I need to hear that." JC begged a few tears escaping.  HE didn't think it would be this hard to let her go.  But they had been such good friends from the moment they met.  It would be hard not seeing each other.

 

"Josh, I wish I could.  But that's not the reality anymore."  She held on to him. "I'm calling you like, tonight, once I get in the house. Hehe."  She tried to laugh but this only made a tear fall down her cheek.  He wiped it away and she whispered, "I love you Josh"

 

"I love you too."

 

Johnny stood there waiting his turn.

 

"Whelp.  Here we are..." She sighed.

 

"Here we are." He repeated softly.  She closed the gap between them and wrapped her arms around his neck.

 

"Thank you Johnny. You gave me an opportunity of a lifetime.  This has changed me, for the better.  This has caused me to grow up, a lot.  I owe you my life for what you have done."

 

"Girl, it was nothing. You might not think your job was anything special, but you helped the guys out, more than you realize.  Sure, you did everything that needed to be done, but you gave them the one thing they've never had on the road before.  And that was someone to love.  You gave them something refreshing.  You helped them through the badtimes and you just made this tour a lot better by being there for them.  So Thank YOU for doing this.  And I'll see you in a month."  She pulled away and winked at him.

 

She looked around..Where was he?

 

"Umm, where's Justin?"  She asked almost frightened.  She hadn't seen him come in. Was he there? Everyone looked around surprised that he had disappeared. Finally, Mike spotted him.

 

"There he is." He pointed to a figure looking out the glass window.  His arms were stretched above him and his hands holding onto the large panes.  He leaned on his arms and just stared out through his sunglasses examining the plane that would take his girl away from him.

 

Meredith walked slowly to the figure by the window.  She was about 5 feet away when he spoke.

 

"I've never been good with goodbyes..."

 

He hadn't turned around or anything and Meredith was surprised he knew she was there.

 

"This isn't goodbye Justin, more like see ya later." Meredith tried to lighten the mood but it didn't work. When he didn't move or speak for another minute Meredith moved closer to him.

 

She came behind him and wrapped her arms around his stomach, leaning her head against his back.  He slowly turned in her arms and wrapped his muscular ones around her petite body.  She rested her head on his shoulder and he leaned down and rested the side of his face on the side of her head.  They stayed like that for about 5 minutes.

 

Finally, Justin lifted his head and she did the same. He noticed her sunglasses were still on and he pulled them above her eyes and rested them on her head, which was now free of the baseball cap.  When he did this the flood broke and she started sobbing uncontrollably.

 

"Don't do that, Meredith, please, don't cry." Justin pleaded as he held her tighter.

 

"I can't leave you."  She managed to get out. Finally her sobbing stopped and she looked up at him.

 

"Will you take off YOUR sunglasses for me?"  She whispered, "I want to look into your eyes."

 

For only going to be gone for a month, they were acting as if they would never see each other again.  But they were frightened.  Ever since Meredith had met Nsync she had spent practically every waking hour with them.  This change would be hard.

 

Justin nodded at her request and slowly pulled his sunglasses off.  As he did a tear fell from his eye and she leaned forward, stepped on her tiptoes, and kissed it away.  She looked into his blue eyes as they bore into her brown ones.  They could see each other's pain. Each other's hurt.  Each other's love.  They could see each other's souls.  The moment got intense so he cleared his throat trying to break the stare.

 

"Uhh I have something for you, but I don't want you to open it until you get on the plane."  He reached in his pocket and handed her a small wrapped box and an envelope.

 

"Thank you, Justin. For being there, for giving me a chance, for loving me, but most of all for saving me."  She looked down at the floor. "I...I...." 

 

He knew what she was trying to say and grinned. He pulled her into one final hug; "I love you too."

 

"You are my angel Justin, always and forever.  I love you. I love you."  He brought his face down towards hers and kissed her forehead, then her temple.  Moving to her cheek and finally her lips.  He lightly brushed them against hers, and everyone looking would have thought of it as just a friendly kiss.  But to the two that were actually kissing, it wasn't.  It meant so much more. He pulled away and smiled at her.

 

He clasped her hand and the walked back to the area where everyone was waiting. Johnny spoke.

 

"Mere, you have to go. They just called final boarding.  We thought we were going to have to go break you two apart."

 

"Oh, sorry, I didn't hear it."  She shyly smiled at Justin. And he just squeezed her hand.

 

"Well, all. I guess this is it.  It's been.... It's been an adventure." She said to the group nodding her head and smiling.

 

"That's for sure!" Johnny exclaimed. Everyone managed quiet laughs.

 

"Group hug?" Gina asked.

 

They all came together for a group hug and Meredith tried to hold back her tears.

 

The group separated and Meredith grabbed her carry on and started walking backwards towards the gate. 

 

"See you guys, real soon.  I love you all.  And GOD BLESS YOU, EVERY ONE!"  She smiled her genuine smile and laughed as she quoted Charles Dickens.  A single tear fell from her eyes and she didn't bother wiping it away.  The group waved and called out good-byes as she handed her ticket to the fight attendant.

 

"I love you Meredith!" Everyone turned slowly, and looked at Justin.  He didn't acknowledge them. He stared straight at her back.  She had stopped abruptly at his comment.  He didn't care who knew.  He wanted the whole world to know.  She turned around and smiled at him. He returned the smile as she mouthed "I love you, too." She took a few steps walking backwards and finally turned around and jogged down the tunnel towards the plane.
Chapter 10 by Mere

Chapter 10

 

September 7, 2000

-----------------

 

"MOM, DAD I'm home!!" Meredith called as she entered her house.  Well, her old house.

 

"Hey, how's moving in?"  Her dad asked.

 

"Well, umm, its going OK.  I have a lot more stuff than what will fit in the apartment."

 

"I told you it was too small for all that junk you have."  Her mother appeared and gave her a hug.

 

"How ya doing sweetie?" 

 

"Good Mom.  Classes start Monday, so I'm a little stressed.  And the whole moving thing doesn't help.  But I'm excited about the job and everything."

 

"When does that start?"  Her dad inquired.

 

"Umm, next week, Thursday I think. But, I need to go finish packing my things."  With that Meredith headed upstairs to the room she grew up in.  It seemed a lot smaller to her even with half the stuff moved out of it.  Her world had changed so much over the summer. And she wouldn't alter it for anything.

 

She had spent the past 2 weeks in Florida moving in and stuff like that.  She was going to call the guys of Nsync but was so busy she hardly had time to think about it.  And she wanted to keep this a surprise. She looked over at her answering machine and saw she had 5 messages.

 

"Wow, someone's popular..." She thought to herself.  She usually NEVER had messages.

 

"Message 1. August 28...  Hey G! What's up!  This is JC, of course.  Where ya been girlie?  We have hardly gotten to speak to you since you left.  WE MISS YOU! Especially one tall boy with an afro that we know. By the way, he is growing a goatee.  Yeah, he has been spending too much time with Chris and Joey. Anyways, please call me back.  We got the VMA's in two weeks and I'm dateless.  PULEASE! I want you to come with me.  We have to leave next Monday to go up there for rehearsals and stuff, so if you don't get this message by lets say...uhh Friday? Of this week just forget it. I'll get someone else.  See, I gotta arrange plane tickets and such.  But I REALLY want you to come. So, if you can, we would all love to see you. Miss ya, Love ya. BYE BYE BYE!" HE finished his message singing the infamous song and laughing.

 

Meredith sat on her bed thinking about the guys.  She had only talked to each of them once since she had left.  She had been busy but still it wasn't an excuse.  But in about 2 weeks she would see them again, even though they had no clue.  That made her smile.  She listened to the other messages and it finally got to the last one.

 

"Message 5. September 7...  Hey stranger."  Meredith eyes popped wide with shock as she recognized the smooth voice.

 

"I guess you aren't JC's date.  You're not here in New York, and that pretty much sucks.  Man, Meredith I miss you so much.  I've tried calling you but you are never there.  You are slipping out of my life.  This hurts.  Please call me or something.  I need to hear your voice. Hehe, I umm, I found myself calling your number over and over again just to hear your voice on the answering machine. 'Hi, this is Meredith, I cant come to the phone right now...' Well, I have to go.  We got sound check in a few minutes.  Britney wanted me to tell you hello.  I told you she was sweet.  She's my date, if you didn't know already. Well my mom is my date too, so I'm just big pimpin' eh? Well I guess this is bye for now.  I love you..."

 

Meredith stared at the ceiling with a distant smile.  Justin's voice was like a drug to her.  She immediately re-played the message.  After she played it for the 4th time something struck her.

 

-It's September 7th.  Today is September 7th. The VMAs are today! -

 

She ran around her room searching for her remote.  When she found it she impatiently changed the station to MTV and started watching intently.  It was the pre-show.

 

After about 15 minutes, Bryan McFayden introduced Nsync.  She just started laughing and smiling at the screen.  She told herself she was happy she wasn't JC's date because his outfit was off the wall.  But she would love to have been there.

 

-Who cares about his outfit? He is still a hottie. Hehe-

 

She noticed Justin's tight leather patched pants and she fell back on her bed in a fit of laughter.  She didn't know what was so funny. She guessed she was just happy to see his face, live.  She then noticed his tight white sweater.  His chest muscles were struggling to breathe in it and she literally groaned when she saw this.

 

Meredith watched the whole awards show intently as she packed her belongings.  A wave of jealousy invaded her as she saw Justin and Britney sitting beside of each other laughing.  When Britney's performance came on Meredith sat in shock and the jealousy got greater.  She didn’t know why.  Her and Justin were just friends.  Still, she was jealous.

 

Nsync won best pop and viewer's choice and she was extremely proud of them, like a parent.  Then Ananda Lewis and Aalyia came out and introduced the boys.  She immediately dropped the clothes she was folding, turned the TV up and stared at the TV, Indian style on the floor.  She looked like a little kid.  When they began to sing "This I promise you" Meredith just smiled and watched Justin. 

 

-YES! He FINALLY got a hair cut. The goatee doesn't look half-bad.  He looks older.  Damn, he is fine. -

 

Then when they did the whole TV/"bye bye bye" thing she sat there in amazement.  It was spectacular. And when they did the remix to "It's gonna be me" she laughed at their attempt's to break it down with the girls. She died out laughing when Joey stopped the show. She stared at Justin's outfit, wondering what the purpose of the little silver piece on his pants was.  The performance was over and shortly the awards show was too.  She immediately picked up her phone and started dialing the memorized numbers.

 

"Hey this is JC, I'm not here. So leave a message."

 

"C!  Its M!  I umm, got your message today, which is the 7th.  Yeah, so, sorry I couldn't be there.  But I hope you found someone to go with.  You guys performance was KILLER! I mean I was bouncing off the walls with the whole "1, 2, 3, 4 I think its time to get on the floor..." It was great.  Just great.  OH and congrats on the awards, that's very cool.  Now I expect you to be partying tonight so don't bother calling me.  I'll see you soon enough. Bye bye!"

 

She dialed the next number.

 

"Hello. This is Lance. Leave a message."

 

"L-boogie, my man. This is your one and only G.  Congrats on the awards and great job on the performance. Tell Leslie I said Howdy. Have a fun time to tonight and I'll see ya real soon buddy.  BYE MY LOVE!"

 

"Hey, It's Joey.  You know what to do."

 

"JOESPHINE! You OK?!  I got scared there for I minute while you were performing.  But it was a great show.  Congrats on the awards. I wish I could be there, but oh well.  Stay out of trouble tonight! Love you, bye bye."

 

"WASSSUPPPP. It's Chris, do as you are told and leave a message!"

 

"WASSSUUUPPPP.  Chris its M-dawg in tha house.  Great performance tonight. I'm so proud you won some moon-men.  That's awesome.  Have fun tonight and tell Dani I said hello. Bye babes!"

 

Then she dialed the final number, she was expecting the voice-message but it never came on. The phone rang and rang and rang and finally she gave up.  She pulled the phone away from her ear and was about to put it back on the receiver but someone picked up on the other end.

 

"Hello, Justin's phone."  Meredith quickly pulled it back to her ear.

 

"Yeah, this is Meredith. Is he around?" 

 

"Oh my goodness, Meredith?  THE Meredith.  The girl Justin keeps telling me I HAVE to meet."

 

"Umm, I guess, who is this?"

 

"Britney." She responded sweetly.

 

"Oh my gosh, Hey Britney, how are you?" she said extremely shocked.

 

"I'm great!  Did you watch the show tonight?"

 

"Yeah, it was awesome." Meredith responded genuinely.

 

"I thought *Nsync did a great job. That little TV thing was just so cool." Britney squeaked.

 

"Oh, I was bouncing all around my room when they did the 'gonna be me' remix.  By the way, you're performance was...well, girl you got a lot of balls to do that."  Meredith and Britney laughed.

 

"Yeah, everyone keeps talking about it.  Oh well, it's in the past."

 

"Yeah..."

 

"Oh my goodness, He's back...Justin its for you...good talking to you..."

 

"You too Britney." 

 

-She's all right.  She laughed at my jokes.  That's good enough for me. -

 

She heard in the background Justin asking whom it was and Britney saying, "ask and find out".

 

"Uhh, Hello?" The all too familiar voice entered Meredith's ear and her smiled brightened.

 

"Hey, Baby.  I LOVVEE that little shiny part of your pants that was in JUST the right area, if you know what I mean.  And those leather patch pants and TIIIIGHT white sweater.  UNNNNN! I just wanted to rip them off you!"  Meredith growled in a deep airy, sexy voice.

 

"Umm, Who is this?" His voice was shy and quiet and a little frightened.

 

"JUSTIN TIMBERFAKE! I can not BELIEVE the little crotch-piece thingy you had on.  What were you trying to say "Hey everyone look at me and my...well..you know!"

 

Justin didn't say anything for a few moments.  He was shocked.  It was her.

 

"MEREDITH!!! OH MY GOSH! Where have you been?"

 

"Ohh the usual. I went to Paris for a few weeks, fell in love with this French artist named Ramón.  We got married and now I'm pregnant with his child. What about you?" She said like it was no big deal.

 

"OH, do not EVEN joke about that.  Hold on a sec....Guys its G..." In the background she heard yelps of "G", "Mere", "MY DATE!" and "BOOTY"

 

"Meredith, I've missed you." Justin said sincerely.

 

"I've missed you too, J."

 

"When can I see you? Please tell me I can come visit, or you can, or something?"

 

"Justin, just trust me on this. You will see me very soon. OK?"

 

"Whatever Angel.  God, its great to talk to you." He sighed.

 

"You too babes, by the way congrats on the awards. "You got a moon-man, you got a moon man" <she mocked him> Tell the guys I left messages for them on their cells."

 

"Thanks and will do.  But, damn, I gotta go. Thank you SO much for calling. I'll probably call you like tomorrow or something.  You gonna be home?"

 

"Probably not. Have fun tonight and tell all this guys I miss them and love them."

 

"Umm, OK." He was confused by how she purposely did not want to talk to him.

 

"And Justin..."

 

"Yeah..." He sadly said.

 

"I love you."

 

"You better!  Cause I love you back."  He said a little happier.

 

"Bye J."

 

"Bye, my angel."

 

--------------------

A week and 1/2 later

 

"OK you guys. Ready to go meet your new assistant?" Johnny asked the five guys lounging on couches and chairs lazily.

 

"Sure." JC yawned, then stood up to stretch.

 

"I hope she's as good as Meredith." Justin mumbled.

 

"Oh gosh, here we go again.  Meredith this, Meredith that.  I mean I love the girl, but damn boy!" Chris playfully patted his younger friend's shoulder as Johnny led the five guys down one of the hallways of the WEG building.

 

They stopped at a door and Johnny knocked loudly and cracked the door open, music blared through the crack.

 

"Were here!"  Johnny yelled.  But there was no response.  He opened the door and saw that she had her back to them and was singing loudly along to D'Angelo's "How does it feel" blaring from her computer speakers.  Her hair was straight and in layers a few inches shorter than the last time Nsync had seen her.  They didn't realize who it was.

 

Meredith lifted a hand in the air and moved it along with the flows and beats of the song, swaying her head back and forth to the smooth beat. Her eyes were closed.  She was happy for the sound proof office, because she was sure that she would be bothering everyone in the building if not. Meredith had NO CLUE she had an audience. She belted along with D'Angelo and the guys instantly knew who it was.

 

Finally Meredith turned around in her rolly chair with her eyes closed singing. Then she opened her eyes and found 5 wide-eyed shocked young men and 1 giggling older man staring at her.  She gasped and her face turned red.  She planted her head on her desk in font of her and busted out in embarrassed laughter.  Johnny laughed with her but Nsync stood in shock.

 

"NO WAY!"  Chris yelled.

 

"YES WAY!" Meredith mocked him not moving her head from its position on the desk, but blindly moving but hand to turn off the stereo. Suddenly two familiar strong arms had picked her up and were swinging her around. He placed her on the ground and wrapped her in a hug, inhaling the sweet smell of her hair.

 

"Ohhh my goshhh, I've missed you."  Justin groaned softly, so happy to have her in his arms.

 

"You too, angel.  Did you like my little free solo performance I just gave you?"  She laughed kinda embarrassed still.  She rested against him and wrapped her small arms around his waist.

 

"Oh honey, don't even joke around with that song. It's just a tease coming from you." Justin looked down into her smiling face shaking his head and gently laughing.

 

"Don't hog her, Curly, damnnnn." Joey said pulling her away from Justin and hugging her. She said hello to all the guys and hugged them and silence fell across the room.

 

"So..." Lance started.

 

"OK, so what this means is that I'm still yall's assistant." Justin opened his mouth to ask a question but Meredith covered his mouth with her hand nonchalantly and continued. "I've moved into an apartment down here and I'm taking classes at FSU.  Let's just say you guys sure no how to make an impression on a lady. I mean I moved all the way down here for you guys." 

 

They all laughed and Meredith still had her hand on Justin's mouth.  Everyone giggled at his annoyed expression.  Suddenly Meredith felt something soft and wet against the palm of her hand.  She immediately jerked her hand away and glared at Justin.

 

"You did NOT just lick me..."

 

"What? Did it turn you on?  Do I make you horny baby, YEAHHH?"  Justin growled.

 

"Something's never change..." Meredith mumbled, shaking her head in mock disappointment. Then she busted into giggles.

 

"All right guys, so, you now know where Meredith's office is.  You're usually here after or before classes right?"  Meredith nodded and Johnny continued.  "So, whenever you need her, you can call her or whatever.  She has a box like everyone else at the front desk so if you need to get her something but she's not here you can.  And. I think that's about it.  Here are her phone numbers and stuff." Johnny handed the guys slips of paper that had her address, cell phone, work phone, and home phone on it and office hours.

 

"Wow, this is a lot more professional than when we were on tour!" Lance said smiling.

 

"Hey, what can I say?" Meredith shrugged.

 

"OK, ASSISTANT, for you're first assignment, we request your presence with us for lunch."  JC smiled.

 

"Umm, actually, I uhh, got kinda a date with Nick Carter." She looked at her watch. "Man, I'm late, gotta run.  It was good seeing you guys. Adios."  She grabbed her purse and ran out the room laughing as she jogged down the hallway.  She stopped at the front desk and started talking with the secretary.  Soon 5 familiar faces were sprinting down the hallway and came to a skidding halt when they saw her.  She looked at them and laughed.  The secretary looked over her shoulder and giggled also.

 

"Oh, you think that was funny?"  Joey asked.

 

"Yup!"

 

"You know, we have the power to fire you."  Lance chuckled

 

"You love me too much to do that."

 

"You're right, but we still can do this...."  Justin tackled her and swung her up over his shoulder like he had done so many times before.  She squirmed trying to make it difficult.  Suddenly the light changed and she realized she was outside.  Justin then swiftly flipped her over and the next thing she knew she was sitting in the passenger side of a NICE blue BMW M Roadster.  Justin jumped in beside her and started the engine.  He looked at her shocked expression and wiggled his eyebrows.

 

"Hey guys, we are going to Joe's right?" Justin asked

 

"Yup." the guys said in unison then all piled into JC's jeep.

 

Justin backed out and drove off.

 

"WOW!"  Meredith squealed in amazement and shock.

 

"You like her?  Yeah, I thought she was pretty sweet."  Justin said switching gears and accelerating.

 

"When I pulled up this morning I was eyeing this car. I swear I was like "whose car is this and where are they?" Mannn, this is nice."  Meredith sighed looking around the small car.  "How long have you had it?

 

"Since before the tour."

 

"And you never let me see it?  Oh THATS right, you hated me."

 

Justin rolled his eyes.  "I never hated you.  You just think I did."  He rubbed his chin with one hand and steered with the other.

 

She pushed his hand away and picked at his chin.  "What is this??  Justin Timberfake has gone through puberty.  My gosh!!  Tell the newspapers, call the radio!!  It's a miracle.  What are you trying to be "hip" with that little goatee thing going on??"  She laughed and he made a face before smiling at her.

 

"Do you like it?"  He asked sincerely.

 

"Hmmmmm, it's different.  But I like it.  It makes you look older.  It's sexy.  But I like the clean face too.  This is kinda too Brad Pittish.  But it's still cool.  Like I said, it's sexy."  He nodded, turned on the CD player and hit a button.  Soon the soft sounds Dave Matthew's came over the car.

 

"Justin, when did you..." He cut her off.

 

"I remembered you begging me to listen to this CD.  Well, I did.  It's great.  I especially like this song.  I got this hip-hop remix of the song from a friend.  Isn't it awesome?"  Justin turned up the stereo.

 

Meredith relaxed in her seat and listened as Dave Matthew's unique voice sang "Crash into me" with a hip-hop scratch beat set in the background.  The wind whipped her hair around and into her face.  She didn't care.  She felt free.  She was where she needed to be.  She was in Florida. She was with Justin.  She was where she WANTED to be.  For the first time, she was where she wanted to be.

 

---------

After lunch

 

"So, just follow me and Justin. OK?"  Meredith said.

 

"OK, now J, don't drive like a madman!"  JC told him.

 

"Oh shut up..." Justin mumbled.

 

Justin and Meredith got into his car and he cranked the engine.  Meredith was looking at the car beside them making faces at Joey in the backseat of JC's jeep.  After about a minute she realized Justin hadn't moved the car.  So she turned around and looked at him.

 

"Honey you have to take the car out of park for it to move."  Meredith said in a motherly voice.

 

"I know..." Justin lazily said then he reached towards her neck.

 

"What are you doing?"  She asked annoyed.

 

Justin just smiled and picked up the silver line around her neck and pulled on it so that the necklace was brought over her shirt.  When he saw what it was he instantly smiled brightly.  Meredith looked down at it and smiled, also.  It was a beautiful necklace.  Justin had given it to her before she left but was instructed not to open it until she got on to the plane.  It was a simple silver box chain.  But the charm was what was special.  It was a 1/2-inch long platinum cross. It was extremely thin and had engravings on it to make it sparkle in the light.  In the center of the cross was a small blue diamond.  It had to have been VERY expensive.  And Meredith felt guilty for him having gotten it for her.  But she cherished it none the less.

 

"Wow, whoever got you have must be really classy."  Justin smirked.

 

"Actually I got it out of a crackerjack box."  Meredith said seriously.

 

"Oh really, I didn't know crackerjack's gave out anything other press-on tattoos and stickers."

 

"No, I'm just kidding.  Some really sweet, sexy guy gave it to me.  He also gave me an amazing letter that I read every night before I go to bed."  Meredith smiled at Justin.

 

"Oh really! Hmmm, I wonder who that could be?"  Justin raised an eyebrow.

 

"Nick Carter."  Meredith whipped her head towards the opposite direction from Justin so she wouldn't bust out laughing.  She turned her head back around after a few seconds and Justin was glaring at her.  She couldn't help but laugh.

 

"Hey you two, are we going to go see G's apartment or are we just going to sit here."  JC rolled down his window and yelled at the two.

 

Justin and Meredith looked at JC and both said: "Sit here" They laughed and Justin put his car in reverse and backed out of the parking lot and headed towards Meredith's apartment.

 

After about 5 minutes of following Meredith's directions and singing to the radio, Justin turned the radio down and spoke.

 

"You scared me Meredith."

 

"Huh?"

 

"I really thought I was losing you.  So, I'm pretty pissed off at you because you tricked me into thinking that you were leaving me." He paused for moment thinking, "How long have you known that you were going to be staying in Florida?"

 

When she didn't answer he turned off the radio completely.

 

"Meredith, tell me."  He said firmly.

 

"Justin, please don't be mad at me."

 

"Just tell me how long."

 

"Since the last show."  She said quietly.

 

When he didn't speak, Meredith looked at him for an answer.  His face was concentrating on the road and sunglasses shielded his eyes, she couldn't figure it out.  So, she just sank in her seat and stared out the window.  The silence was killing her.  The radio was off.  Justin was not speaking to her and she wasn't about to say anything else and make him even madder.  The only thing that she could hear was the wind whipping around her.  So, she made a move to turn on the radio.  But Justin slapped her hand.

 

"Sorry." she mumbled.  He started giggling and then completely burst into laughter.

 

"Nobody touches my radio."  He said firmly then laughing some more.  Meredith just stared at him confused.

 

"Don't worry, g.  I ain't mad at ya.  I was worried, but all I care about is that you are here now."  He grabbed her hand and intertwined his fingers with hers.

 

"I'm not going anywhere, either."  Meredith finished as she stared at his profile.

 

-Why does God have to make someone as beautiful as him?  Man, he looks good driving. -

 

"Turn here."  Meredith said. 

 

Justin did as he was told and pulled into a small apartment complex.  It was very nice with street lamps, side walks, flowers and shrubbery, very homey. 

 

"It's the third building on the right."

 

They pulled up to the building and Justin parked the car on the curb in front of it.  He hopped out and jogged to Meredith's side and opened the door for her.

 

"You never change do you?" Meredith shook her head smiling.

 

"Nope!"  With that, he kissed her temple as JC, Joey, Lance, and Chris piled out of the car parked behind theirs. 

 

They walked to the entrance and Meredith pressed a code and told the guys she'd give them the code later.  They took the steps up to the second floor and they past an old lady and girl about 7 years old.

 

"Hi Ms. Grenard.  Hello Samantha.  How are yall today?"  Meredith ask as they past by them.

 

"Fine dear, how are you?"  The older woman asked.

 

"I'm great!  These are some of my friends, Joey, Chris, Justin, Josh, and Lance"

 

"Nice to meet you boys."  They nodded at the woman and exchanged hellos.

 

Meredith noticed a tug on the end of her shirt and looked down at a wide-eyed Samantha.  She bent down so that she could clearly hear the young girl.

 

"Yes, Sam?"

 

"Is that *Nsync?"  The little girl whispered.

 

Meredith smiled.  She hardly ever considered them "Nsync".  To her they were Joey, Justin, Chris, JC, and Lance.  It was unusual for her to hear them called that, even though she heard it almost everyday.  At work they were Nsync.  But now they weren't working.  They were just spending time together.  Time with her.  Time she loved.

 

"Why yes it is, do you want to meet them?"  The little girl nodded.  Meredith stood up and pushed Samantha in front of her and put her hands on the girl's shoulder.

 

"Guy's I want you to meet Samantha."  Meredith mouthed 'She's a fan' and the guys smiled brightly and nodded.

 

"Hey Samantha, how are you?"  JC knelt down and shook the girl's hand.  The girl tackled him with a hug and everyone laughed.

 

The grandmother interrupted their introductions. "Samantha dear, we have to take you back to your mommy's"

 

"Nooo, I want to stay with *Nsync" The little girl whined.

 

Justin picked up the child and looked Samantha in the eyes and smiled. "Hey, I have a feeling we will be around here a WHOLE lot, so whenever you are visiting your grandmother why don't you come over to Meredith's apartment and we can hang out together."   He looked over to Meredith and winked at her.  She blushed and bowed her head.

 

-Gosh, he still does that to me, every time! -

 

A chorus of "Bye Samantha's were heard and Meredith opened the door to her apartment.

 

Her apartment was small, but since she was the only one living there it really was quite nice and spacious.  It had a kitchen and a small dining room.  There was a den with a balcony and a bathroom with just a toilet and sink.  Down a short hallway led to Meredith's bedroom, which was equipped with its on bathroom/shower.  Of course there were closets, ect. in random places around the apartment. Boxes were everywhere and the place still looked very empty.

 

"Well, its, umm, really, uhh cozy."  Lance said trying to find the words.

 

"Yeah, I like what you've done to the place G." Chris laughed.

 

"Oh, Shut up! I haven't had time to unpack everything yet."

 

"Need some help?" Justin asked.

 

"No I couldn't ask you guys to do that."

 

"We got all afternoon." JC remarked

 

"I got class."

 

Joey asked, "When?"

 

"At 5"

 

“That gives us 4 hours."  Lance said looking at his watch and smiling.

 

"Ohh all right, but you do everything I tell you.  And if you mess anything up, I'll kill you!"

 

"YES MA'AM" They all said.

 

They spent the afternoon unpacking and moving furniture around Meredith's apartment.  After a while she took a break and sat on her couch in the half empty living room and sipped on lemonade, all the while watching JC and Justin carry a heavy wooden piece of furniture across the room.  They had taken their shirts off and were now clad in undershirts.  They placed the furniture down and looked at her hopefully.

 

-Ohh, don't even look at them.  They shouldn't have smiles and bodies like that.  It's unreal.  It should be illegal. Man, they are so cuuuute.  Wow, look a Justin.  He IS my idea of perfection. -

 

"Umm, no I think it needs to go back over there."  Meredith pointed to across the room and smiled innocently.  JC was willing to move the piece again but Justin just stood there and crossed his arms over his chest.

 

"Why don't YOU move it, miss prissy?" Justin angrily said.

 

"J, I'm just playing.  Its not everyday a girl has *Nsync to help her move into her home." She winked at him.

 

"It looks great right there, guys.  Thanks!" She finished.

 

"Hey G! I need to, uhh, ask you something, umm, about your bedroom."  Joey said plopping down beside her on the couch.

 

"Yeah, what is it?"

 

"Well, just before...nevermind, follow me."  He stuttered. 

 

Meredith followed Joey into her bedroom with JC and Justin not far behind.  When she entered she froze in her tracks and gasped at the sight of Chris and Lance covered in her clothes.  Her room looked like a war-zone of clothes.

 

"He started it!" Chris pointed to Lance

 

"Oh, no I did not!"

 

"Shut up, you know you did."

 

"OK! I DONT CARE WHO STARTED IT! I WANT THIS CLEANED UP NOW!"  Meredith screamed causing everyone to step back from her.

 

She stepped further into the room.  Clothes were thrown everywhere.  Somehow the two had started a clothing fight.

 

"Meredith we are really sorry."  Lance said as she plopped down on her bed and buried her face into the pillow. She started laughing uncontrollably. And all the guys just stood there not knowing what to do or what was so funny.

 

She took the pillow off her face and said loudly, "You guys are SOOO immature sometimes."  Then she giggled on her bed. 

 

"Oh you think this is funny, do you?"  Chris stood up with his hands on his hips.  Meredith just nodded and kept on laughing.

 

"I don't think its funny." Lance said.

 

"Me either." JC firmly spoke.

 

Joey smiled sheepishly "Not me."

 

"Nuh uh."  Justin said with a thuggish accent.

 

Meredith then sat up on her bed and looked at the 5 faces that surrounded her. 

 

"I'm sorry you guys. I didn't mean to offend you by calling you."

 

"NO!  You've already said it once." Chris said putting a hand up in front of him to stop her.

 

She smiled at them; "It's good to have you fellas back in my life."

 

Justin walked over and climbed onto her bed and laid down snuggling up to her.  Soon JC followed and the next thing she knew, everyone was on her bed sprawled out on top of each other.  Everyone had worked really hard trying to help Meredith move in and now the tiredness was setting in. Meredith leaned back against someone, not really caring who it was.

 

"You guys, if my bed breaks you have to buy me a new one." She said staring at her ceiling.

 

"I'm surprised we all fit on here."  Joey commented.

 

"What time is it?"  JC yawned.

 

Lance raised his watch over his head and said, "4:45"

 

"CRAP!" Meredith jumped up hitting and sitting on people as she made her way off the bed. She then started picking up clean clothing and changing right in front of the 5 guys. 

 

"Meredith, umm, you do realize we are in here."  JC stuttered.

 

"SHHHH, don't remind her" Joey smirked.

 

Meredith pulled on a clean pair of Adidas pants. "I don't care. I've got 15 minutes to get to my class. It takes at least 10 minutes to get to the campus from here...and oh, no...." Meredith plopped down on her carpeted floor as she pulled a clean shirt over her head and sighed.

 

"What G?"  Chris asked.

 

"My car is still at WEG."  She groaned.

 

Justin shrugged and got off the bed. "No prob, I'll take you. And by the way I drive, you'll be there in like 3 minutes."

 

"Oh Justin you are my hero."  She ran up to him and quickly hugged him and stated dragging him through the apartment.

 

"Bye guys, just show yourselves out.  And Chris and Lance don't worry about the mess.  I don't really care. Bye guys love you.  See you tomorrow."  By then she and Justin were out the doorway and headed off to FSU.
Chapter 11 by Mere

Chapter 11

 

"COCKADOODLEDOOOOOOOOOOOO

GOOD MORNING

GOOD MORNING

GOOR MORNINGAAA"

 

“HUH what, wha.."  Meredith shot up straight in her bed.  She had woken to the blaring sounds of the Beatles song "Good Morning."

 

"Morning, sunshine."  Someone turned off the stereo finally.

 

She rubbed her eyes and finally saw the impostor. "TIMBERFAKE WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?!"

 

"Do I have to have a reason to visit my best friend?"

 

She looked at her clock, "At 8:00 in the morning you do!!!"

 

"You're cute..." Her walked towards her and touched the tip of her nose with his finger. She glared at him. 

 

"I made you breakfast."  He said sweetly

 

"Oh, how nice."  She said sarcastically and sat up in bed.  He brought a tray over to the bed and sat it over her lap. She raised an eyebrow at what was on the tray.

 

"OK, OK!  So Kellogg's made the breakfast, but I put it on the nice tray and poured the Orange Juice."

 

"And I'm so proud of you."  Meredith pinched his cheeks. She scooted over and patted the space beside her.  He sat down and brought his legs up on the bed and leaned back against the headboard.

 

"So, Justin, really, what brings you to my humble abode?  And HOW did you get in?"

 

"Well, I umm, was outside your door feeling like an idiot because I didn't want to wake you and Ms. Grenard stepped out of her apartment and said you and her have each others keys for emergencies. So bada bing, bada boom..."

 

Meredith took a big bite out of her cereal and spoke with a mouthful.  "That still doesn't answer the other question..."

 

"I wanted to spend some time with you." Meredith about spit out her cereal at this comment.

 

She swallowed the cereal and gave him a weird look, "Justin, you spend like every other day with me."

 

"No, *Nsync spends every other day with you.  Justin never gets any alone time..." He started to pout.

 

"OHHH me. You whine like a baby."  She sighed and looked at him. "So, what did you have in mind?"

 

"Well, I thought I'd take you to meet my mom and brothers, and then go back to my house and chill since you were so impressed with it last weekend..."

 

"Oh my gosh, your house is sooo awesome.  I know I'm not supposed to make your ego grow.  My job is to deteriorate it down to normal size but, that house is BUTTER!"

 

"I know, I know. I'm a god" She slapped him hard on his chest and he grumbled in pain.

 

"You might have a cool house, but you are still ugly."

 

"I'm not even going to respond to that one."  He rolled his eyes at her.  "Anyways, Jon will probably want to come back with us to my house, so, I hope you don't mind."

 

"No not at all, in fact I would love to spend the day with your mini-me."

 

"Good, now get ready!"  He jumped up.

 

"Justin its 8:20 do we have to go, now?" 

 

Justin relaxed back down beside her. "I guess not." 

 

He sighed, "I see you finally got everything moved in."

 

"Yup..."

 

He thought for a moment and looked at her.  "You don't have classes today, do you?"

 

"Nope..."

 

Justin nodded and looked around her room. "Are you going to that barbecue Johnny's having next weekend?"

 

"Yup..."

 

Justin whipped his head back around to her and narrowed his eyes. "Are you going to stop giving me one word answers?"

 

"Nope..."

 

He laughed. "Fell straight for that one didn't I?"

 

"Yup..."

 

"OK, that's it...."  Justin began tickling her and she almost spilled her breakfast on her bed, but she managed to save it in time.

 

"Stop it Justin!"

 

"YES! I knew I could get you to say more than one word."

 

"HMPH!"  Meredith took the tray off of her and set it on her nightstand.

 

When she lay back down on the bed, Justin immediately wrapped his arms around her and sighed.

 

Meredith yawned. "Umm, Justin..." 

 

"Yeah?"

 

"What are you doin?"  She giggled.

 

"Cuddelin' with a cutie.  What about you?"  Justin asked hoping for a similar response.  But when she didn't answer and he looked down at her in his arms.  She was breathing deeply and had her eyes close. 

 

"Sweet dreams, angel."  He kissed her head and held her tighter, the only thing separating them from full body contact was the sheet to her bed.

 

-------------

 

Meredith squinted her eyes and yawned.  She tried to stretch but something was holding her.  She opened her eyes further, looked at what was in front of her, and only saw a dark-green cloth-like something.  It was moving up and down slowly.  She pulled away and noticed it was a person.  Her eyes moved up the green clothing and saw a faded yellow lettering that spelled 'Abercrombie and Fitch'. She continued to the neckline, her eyes finally wandering to the face.  The beautiful face.  The face she had grown to love in so many ways.

 

She sat up in her bed and looked down at the figure, admiring him.  His curls were not gelled but somehow managed to be tamed.  His normal deep blue eyes were shut off from the real world.  His perfect lips were parted and were taking in deep breaths of air.  Her eyes moved down.  His defined chest could be seen through the shirt moving up and down, up and down. One well-shaped hand rested right below his chest, while the other was somewhere out of view. His green shirt was slightly raised and Meredith could see about one inch of his nicely defined and tanned stomach.  The elastic of his boxers were shown right above the waist of his blue jeans.  She smiled when she saw they were the pair she MADE him buy a week ago, when they all went shopping.  They were bright yellow and had a print on them that made them look like crime-scene tape with the words "No crossing beyond this point" on them. 

 

"Meredith Willis, I am ashamed!"  Meredith turned towards him and looked as if she had gotten caught with her hand in the cookie jar.

 

"I cannot believe you are staring at, well, that area when you think I'm not looking.  I thought you were a good little girl."  Justin exclaimed.  

 

"Umm, NO! Actually I was just looking at your boxers.  They are kinda hard to miss with all that "WARNING" stuff written on it."  She giggled

 

"I wore them just for you.  I was expecting you to see them later on tonight..." Justin wiggled his eyebrows and smiled a sexy smile.  She groaned when he did this and lay back on the bed looking anywhere but in his direction.

 

"You sleep well?" She asked after a few moments.

 

"Actually, yeah. I didn't think I was tired, but I guess I was wrong."

 

Meredith looked at her clock. "Well, since its 10:30 now, do you want to go?"

 

"Sure thang sweet cheeks."

 

"K, let me get dressed."  She pulled back her covers and grabbed some clothes and walked into her bathroom. 

 

"Hey, Justin..." She called from the bathroom.

 

"Yeah babes?"  He yawned.

 

"Make yourself at home, but don't go snooping around like I know you will."  She turned on the shower and got ready for the day.

 

Justin smiled at the comment, got off the bed, and walked around her room.  She had done a really good job decorating her new home, he thought.  It was hers and only hers.  Her personality shone through with every picture and every lamp.  It was just perfect for her.

 

He scanned the pictures and paintings on her wall.  He looked at one wall and saw a small corkboard.  He had seen it before but never had the chance to really look at it.  He studied it.  It had all types of pieces of paper and pictures from when they were on tour stuck to it.  He smiled when he was flooded with all the memories of the past summer.  It HAD been their best tour ever.

 

He made his way back to her bed and was about to lie down, but he noticed a picture frame on her nightstand.  He picked it up and studied the frame.  It was clear and had flower petals pressed in between the glass outlining the picture.  The picture was one he had never seen before.  The picture was from the night he took Meredith on the "Date."  He had his hands on her hips and she had her arms locked around his neck.  They were gazing into each other's eyes and both had on bright smiles.  It was taken while they were dancing that night. It was an amazing picture.  It was just purely amazing.  It captured everything that the two felt for each other.  It was perfect.

 

"I thought Lonnie did a great job..." Meredith appeared beside him showered and dressed.

 

Justin looked at her. "Huh?"

 

"With the picture, he took it.  I didn't even know he owned a camera but he gave this picture to me before I left.  I was stunned.  It's an awesome photo."

 

"Sure is."  He said dreamily

 

She pointed to the frame. "Notice the frame?  Those are some of the petals from the roses you gave me that night."

 

-OH my gosh, don't say that!  He might think the wrong idea.  Man he is hot.  SHUT UP. -

 

-ALRIGHT!  So this DOES mean something to her.  Sigh… God, I want her. -

 

"I didn't give you any roses." Justin smirked trying to ask serious.

 

"Oh, OK.  Then I guess you weren't the incredible, sweet, caring, wonderful person that sent me a HUGE bouquet of pink, red, and white roses.  OH WELL!" she sighed and he put his arm around her.

 

"Well maybe I WAS the person to send you the roses then."  She hit his shoulder playfully.

 

"I like this picture."

 

"Me too."  She said in a little kid's voice.

 

"Ready to go?"

 

"Yuppers. LET'S GO!"

 

"You want me to drive?" Justin asked

 

"Did you bring the Beemer?"

 

"Yeah."

 

"Umm, OK, so, YEAH you are driving."  She said like he should have known that already.

 

He laughed "Come on G, let's go meet my family."  With that they left the apartment and headed to the Harless residence.

 

--------

 

"Umm, I think I change my mind.  Maybe we can meet them another time." 

 

"Come on Mere!  You were fine until we got here.  DO NOT be nervous."

 

"What if they don't like me?"  She asked in a scared voice.

 

"Name me one person that doesn't like you."

 

"Well practically my whole home town, but I don't want to get into that.  Umm, there is that man down at the gas station at Berks Park that hates me because I wouldn't give him my phone number.  Uhh, you and Chris hated me at the..."

 

"OK OK! Listen..." Justin grabbed her shoulders and lowered his head so that they were eye level.

 

"My mom has been dying to meet you.  You're my best friend and my mom hasn't met you, yet.  She is GOING to be nice to you, and I KNOW she will love you just as much as I do. And Jon, well, if you tell him you are a friend of mine he will automatically want to hang around you.  Don't worry girl, just be yourself, act like you always do, and they will like you just fine."

 

"WHOA, Deja vu!"

 

"Huh?"

 

"JC told me that exact thing before I went to eat lunch with you guys at Joe's for the first time.  And you still hated me, even more so than before."  She looked at the pavement below them.

 

"Meredith...Look...at...me!"  Justin forced her to stare into his eyes.  "I will say this till the day I die: I was a fool to treat you the way I did. OK?"  When she didn't respond he got annoyed.

 

"OK?"  He said louder.

 

"OK."  She whispered.

 

Justin sighed and wrapped his arms around her. "Meredith, I love you so much, but you HAVE to stop being insecure.  Just do this for me."

 

"I'm sorry."

 

"Don't be sorry, angel.  Just..." He paused thinking of what to say. "Just be yourself."

 

She nodded and he took her hand and laced his fingers with hers.  He stepped onto the brick pathway of a huge brick house and walked up to the porch.  Justin placed a key in the lock and opened the door.  Before he stepped in the house he turned and looked at the wide-eyed girl behind him.

 

"You'll be fine." He turned to step in the house and hollered, "MOM!! JON!! I brought company."

 

Meredith stepped into the house.  It was a lot different from Justin's. Justin's house was elegant, glamorous, a rock stars home.  This house was just as big, but had a much more earthy and homey feel.  She liked it.  It was a regular, well besides being huge, southern home.

 

Soon the pitter-patter of feet were heard coming from the direction of the steps.  Meredith looked towards them and saw a younger version of the man beside her racing down the steps.

 

"JUSTIN!!!", the little boy yelled as he was swooped up into Justin's arms

 

"Hey bro, whatsup?" Justin swung his brother around and finally planted him firmly back on the ground. "Jon, this is Meredith.  Be nice to her because she is a really good friend of mine."

 

"Hi."  Jon said shyly, coming up to her.  She squatted down to be eye-level with him and looked at the younger kid.  She smiled because he simply was Justin's mini-me.

 

"Hey Jon, its great to finally meet you.  Your brother talks about you non-stop."  Jon studied Meredith's face and turned and looked up at his big brother.

 

"Justin, is this the girl you said was more beautiful than an angel?"   Justin's eyes immediately widened then shut in embarrassment and his face started turning a deep shade of red.  Meredith looked up at the tall man standing in front of her from her position close to the floor and just stared at him with a curious and radiant smile. 

 

Justin opened his eyes and looked straight down into Meredith's, ignoring Jon's impatient look. 

 

"Yes Jon, this is the girl."  He said quietly, finally smiling.

 

"Oh, I thought so.  Well, did you come over to play because its Saturday and I don't have school.  I want to spend the day with you Justin, pullleasseeee."  Justin was still staring at Meredith who was now looking at Jon adoringly and giggling.

 

"Justin, JUSTIN!!" Jon yelled and pulled on his brother's jeans to get his attention.

 

"What Jon?"  He asked slightly annoyed finally looking at his brother.

 

"Did you come to play?"

 

"Ohh yeah, right.  Umm, you want to spend the day with Meredith and me?  We are going back to my house!"

 

"YES!!" Jon jumped up and down excitedly.

 

"OK, go get your bag and remember to pack your swim trunks."  Justin told his brother who immediately ran off and up the stairs.

 

"Hey Jon, where's mom?" Justin called after him.

 

Jon yelled from somewhere in the house. "Outside!" 

 

Justin looked back at Meredith who was now standing up looking around the room.  He brought her into a hug and kissed her forehead gently.  Meredith pulled back and looked up at him questionably.

 

"I told you he would like you."  Justin smirked then winked at her.  She rolled her eyes and he led her through the living room to the back porch.  He slid the sliding door open and stepped out, with Meredith in toe.

 

"Hey, Mom?"  Justin asked looking around.  A sweet voice with a heavy southern accent was heard coming from a few feet away.

 

"Hey honey, what brings you here?"  A very pretty and petite lady stood up from a garden. She had on working gloves and her reddish-blonde curly hair was pulled up into a sloppy bun.

 

"Mom, this is Meredith."

 

"OH my goodness.  Come here dear.  I've heard so much about you!"  Justin's mother said pulling off her dirty work gloves and wrapping her in a hug.  Meredith was surprised at first but soon returned the hug.

 

"It's a pleasure to finally meet you Mrs. Harless."

 

"Call me Lynn, honey.  I feel like I already know you.  Justin talks about you ALL THE TIME!"  Lynn said accenting the last words.

 

"Mom, please do not embarrass me."  Justin mumbled.  Lynn looked at Meredith and said, "After all I've done for the boy and he still treats me this way."

 

"Oh come on, you know I love you."  Justin said annoyingly.

 

"YOU BETTER!"  Lynn walked up to him and Justin placed an arm around her shoulders and looked down at his mother.

 

"This is a great day.  My two favorite women finally meet each other. " Justin sighed and Lynn patted her son's chest.

 

"Come, let's go inside."  The three walked back into the house.

 

"Do yall want anything to drink?"  Lynn asked as they walked to the kitchen.

 

"I'm fine thank you."  Meredith responded sweetly.  Before Justin had a chance to answer Jon came in.

 

"Justin, I need your help." Jon put his hands on his hips.

 

"With what little J?" 

 

"Just come with me."  He said a little annoyed.

 

"Excuse me, I'll be right back." Justin said smugly and then followed Jon out of the room.

 

Lynn poured herself a glass of tea and motioned for Meredith to sit down at the table with her.  She took a sip from her glass and stared at Meredith.  Meredith looked around the kitchen trying not to notice Lynn's stare.

 

"I really like your house Lynn."  Meredith said trying to start a conversation.

 

Lynn ignored the comment. "Meredith, I'm going to speak my mind and please don't take me as being rude.  But my Justin is really wrapped up in you." Meredith now looked at Lynn a little shocked. 

 

"He really likes you.  No, he loves you.  And I'm not really sure how deep his feelings go, but I don't want to see him hurt again.  His heart has been broken too many times.  He is still VERY young and he has been through more heartache than I think I've been through, and I've been married twice." Lynn sighed and looked down at her hand concentrating on her wedding band. 

 

"I know you are a great girl.  Justin wouldn't talk about you the way he does if you weren't.  I just hope you realize the boy's heart IS fragile.  Meredith, you should hear the WAY he talks about you.  When he found out you were going to be the boys full time assistant, well, he called me that night. He was giddy.  The boy is NEVER giddy."  Meredith and Lynn laughed at that comment. And Meredith finally spoke up.

 

"Lynn, your son has done more for me than anyone else I've ever known has done for me.  He gave me a friend when I needed it most.  He is my BEST friend and that's not a very easy position to be in.  But I love him more than life itself and I would kill myself before I would even think about breaking his heart.  I know how fragile it is, because mine is just as fragile."  Lynn picked up Meredith's hand that was resting on the table and squeezed it.

 

"I like you Meredith, I really do.  And I'm really glad Justin has you in his life.  He has a sparkle back in his eyes that has been missing for a while now and its good to have that back." Lynn smiled at Meredith and she returned the smile.  Just then Justin came in the room with Jon on his back.

 

"All right, you ready to go, g?"  Justin said.

 

Lynn looked at him confused. "Where are you going?"

 

"Oh, we are taking Jon back to my house, I thought I told you."

 

She nodded her head. "No, but that's fine.  Just have him back by 3:30 or 4."

 

"K, mom." Justin walked towards his mother.

 

"Have fun today, and it was really great to meet you Meredith." Lynn said as she gave Meredith a small hug.

 

"You too Lynn."

 

Justin kissed his mom on the cheek.  "Bye Mom, love you."

 

"Love you too." Justin, with Jon on his back and Meredith by his side turned to leave but his mother's voice stopped him.

 

"Jon?  You forgetting something?" Lynn said firmly.

 

Jonathan sighed and jumped off Justin's back and ran to give his mom a hug. " I love you mom."

 

"Back at ya!" Lynn let her son go and ruffled his hair before he ran back up and grabbed Justin's hand.  Meredith stared at their clasped hands.  Jon's barely fit into Justin much larger hand.  She smiled at the two brothers.

 

"Bye MOM!"  Justin said as he closed the door behind him.

 

"Justin?" Meredith asked as they walked to his car.

 

"Yeah?"

 

"There aren't enough seats for all of us." Meredith said pointing to his small convertible.

 

"You mind letting Jon sit in your lap?  It's not that far of a drive from here and he knows to behave when he is in my car.  Right bro?"

 

"Right!" Jon said proudly.

 

"OK, whatever." Meredith got in the car and Jon plopped down in her lap.  Justin strapped the seatbelt over both of them so they were squished together. The two laughed.

 

"Justin, I could have done that."  Meredith giggled.

 

"I know, I just wanted to be helpful."  He gave her a sexy smiled and closed the door.  Justin got into his side of the car and turned on the engine.  As Justin was pulling out of the driveway, Jon snuggled up in Meredith's lap and whispered to her.

 

"I like you Mere"

 

"I like you too, little J." Meredith touched the tip of his nose and turned to smile at Justin.  He was staring at the two, grinning.

 

"What?"  Meredith asked.

 

Justin shook his head and finished backing out of the driveway.  "Nothing, nothing at all."

 

After a few quiet moments Meredith spoke, looking at the passing scenery. "I really like your mom, Justin."

 

Justin smiled. "I told you, you would."

 

"I can tell she really, REALLY loves you."

 

Justin groaned. "Oh no. What did she say to you?"

 

She chuckled and mocked him, "Nothing, nothing at all."

 

----------

"Well they said if its not here in 30 minutes its free!"  Justin exclaimed stepping out of the pool and grabbing a towel.

 

"Justin, did you open the security gates?" Meredith asked looking up from her magazine over the rim of her sunglasses.

 

"Oh, crap!  Watch Jon for me."  Justin wrapped the towel around him and ran in the house.  He grabbed his wallet from the kitchen table and ran to the front door.  He opened and squinted to see a pizza truck parked at the gate. Justin looked beside the door at a panel and pressed a button and held it down while he spoke.

 

"Sorry, I was outside and didn't even think about the gate.  I'm going to open it now."  Justin pressed another button and saw the gates at the end of the long driveway open.  He sighed and shook his head in embarrassment as the pizza guy drove up and got out of the car.

 

"I'm soo Sorry!" Justin said as the guy approached.

 

"It's OK.  Hey, aren't you that guy from that boy band?"

 

"Yeah, that's me!"  Justin sighed while opening his wallet to find some money.  "How much was it?"

 

"$12.80."  Justin exchanged a 20 for the pizza.

 

"Keep the change."

 

"Hey thanks man! Oh, would you mind signing something for my sister? She absolutely loves this kind of stuff."

 

"Umm sure..."

 

"Hey, is it here?"  Meredith asked from the large white living room.

 

"PIZZA!!"  Jon yelled.

 

"Yeah, its here."  Meredith walked up to Justin and smiled at the pizza guy.

 

"You will have to forgive him.  All the hair products have gone to his brain and he forgets things like security gates."  The pizza guy laughed as Meredith ruffled Justin's damp hair and he just glared at her.

 

"Will you take this into the kitchen and hush up."  Justin pushed the pizza box into Meredith's exposed stomach and she grumbled something as her and Jon went into the cozy kitchen.  Justin finished signing something on a piece of paper and handed it back to the guy.

 

"Thanks man.  I really appreciate this."

 

"It's the least I could do for making you wait."

 

"Hey, I know its none of my business but is that your girlfriend?"

 

"No, she is just my best friend."  Justin responded kinda disappointed.

 

"Well, it's not my place to say, but if I were you, I'd go for it.  You see that bikini she has on? WHEW, She's HOT, dude!" 

 

"I'll keep that in mind.  Bye."  Justin laughed and watched the pizza guy get in his truck and drive off.

 

-I'll keep that in mind. -

 

"JUSTIN, come on!!!  We are going to eat it all!!"  Jon yelled from the kitchen.

 

"I'm coming, I'm coming."  Justin walked into the kitchen to find Meredith and Jon, in their bathing suits, feeding each other pizza.

 

"Jon, you aren't trying to make the moves on my woman, are you?"  Justin placed his hands on his hips.

 

"I'm not your woman!"  Meredith said as she took a bite into the slice Jon was holding up to her face.

 

"That's what you think."  Justin mumbled.

 

"WHAT WAS THAT?" She said with an attitude.  She watched Justin grab a Pepsi from the fridge and sit down on the barstool beside of her. 

 

"You heard what I said."  He grinned slyly and picked up a piece of pizza.  He opened his mouth but noticed Meredith still staring at him.  He turned his eyes to her and raised his eyebrows with his mouth still open.

 

"You annoy me." She said narrowing her eyes.  He clamped his mouth down on the slice and hungrily bit into the pizza, practically ripping off a huge chuck of it like a tiger.  Half of it hung out of his mouth and the other half was in his hand as he chewed.

 

"Hungry are we?" She said questionably. He just took a gulp of his Pepsi, waited a few moments and burped, extremely loud.  Jon giggled and Meredith acted, as he was the most disgusting person on earth.

 

"Gosh you are SO attractive." Meredith said very sarcastically.  After Justin finished his HUGE bite, he wiped his mouth and leaned towards Meredith.  He gently brushed the hair from her shoulder and began kissing it, softly. 

 

She looked down at him like he was crazy and he just kept moving his warm lips across her shoulder and up her neck to her ear, placing light kisses on her skin along the way.  He then whispered, "I'm only hungry for you."  Meredith's eyes grew wide and he kissed her loudly on her cheek.

 

"MUAH!" He exclaimed as he kissed her.

 

"EWWWW."  Jon scrunched up his nose at Justin.

 

"I bet you are just jealous."  Justin said snobbishly to his brother.

 

"Jellyous of what?"  Jon said stumbling over the words.

 

"I got to kiss Meredith and you didn't. HA!"  Justin plopped another slice of pizza on his paper plate.

 

"I could kiss her if I wanted to."  Jon said quietly.  Meredith just sat back and looked back and forth between the brothers.

 

"YEAH RIGHT!"  Justin said rolling his eyes.  Jon bowed his head in defeat and Meredith felt bad for the younger brother. 

 

She turned and looked at Justin proudly eating his pizza.  She then looked at Jon with his head bowed sadly.  She nudged him and he looked up at her.  She leaned closer to the younger version of Justin and winked at him.  Justin noticed Meredith and Jon getting closer and eyed the two.  Finally Meredith placed a soft peck on Jon's puckered up lips and pulled away giggling.

 

"Oh my gosh. I just got kissed by a girl."  Jon said amazed.  Meredith laughed and looked at Justin who sat there in shock.

 

"NO WAY! My brother gets more action from you than I do?"  Justin exclaimed.  Meredith shrugged and Jon looked confused.

 

"Action?  Like boom?  Car crash?"  He said trying to understand.  Meredith looked at Jon.

 

"Jon, will you be my boyfriend?"

 

"Sure, why not."  The little boy shrugged.

 

"OH NO!!  You do NOT do this to me! You kissed him AND asked him to be your boyfriend?" Justin said actually angry.

 

"Justin, who's the jealous one now, huh?" Meredith asked smiling a forced smile. "Come on Jon, let's go back outside."

 

"OK, girlfriend."  Jon picked up Meredith's hand.  They threw their trash in the trashcan and walked outside hand in hand.  At the door Meredith turned around and winked at a still shocked Justin. He shook his head and she then blew him a kiss.  He caught it and touched his bare chest. She then turned back around and headed towards the pool with Jon.

 

------------

 

Justin watched as Jon ran out of the pool and picked up the cordless phone. He turned back to Meredith. "I can't believe you kissed my brother."

 

"You might want to ask him for a few pointers.  He is a lot better at it than you."  Meredith said flirty.

 

"You confuse me girl..." Justin mumbled.

 

"NOOO MOMMY!...I wanna stay with Justin and Mere..." Jon whined into the phone. "...OK....GUESS WHAT?....Meredith asked me to be her girlfriend."  He said triumphantly and stuck his tongue out at Justin who just rolled his eyes.

 

"Justin Timberlake." Meredith said firmly

 

"What?"

 

"Do not tell me that you are ACTUALLY jealous of your brother."

 

Justin looked away and swam to the other side of the pool away from her. "I'm not."

 

"Then stop acting like a jerk!"  She said annoyed and swam towards the steps of the pool to get out.

 

"Wait."

 

When she didn't respond, Justin swam up to her and pulled on her foot.  His touch scared her and she pulled away fiercely.  She looked down at the water that Justin was still submerged and tried to pull him up.  When he shook his head under the water she squatted down so she was totally covered by the water, also.  He was floating, holding his breath.  Meredith looked at him like he was insane and he just shook his head.  He then puckered up his lips and made hand motions that said something like "no kiss, no coming up."  She shrugged and popped back out of the water to breathe hoping he wouldn't be so stubborn about this. 

 

Jon was now off the phone and sitting on the edge of the pool pouting, and touching the water with the bottoms of his feet.

 

"What's wrong, Jon?"  She approached him.

 

He quietly stated, "I have to go now."

 

"I'm sorry, we will be able to do this again sometime."  Meredith reassured him.

 

"Probably not.  Justin leaves in a few weeks for the tour."  He sighed a precious sigh that only a kid his age could pull off.

 

"Jon, why don't you go inside and get all your stuff together, I'll get your brother out of the pool."

 

Jon ran back inside and Meredith turned to Justin.  He was still under the water and it was starting to scare her.  She waded over to him and tried to pull him up.  But he wouldn't move.  She started yelling at him even though she knew he would only be able to hear a muffled voice.

 

She knew Jon would be ready soon and Justin being as stubborn as he was, would not take a breath until he got what he wanted.

 

She submerged herself and saw his face.  He was dying there, literally.  She mouthed "We have to take Jon home."  But Justin shook his head and smiled.  Meredith giggled because all his curls were unraveling and floating all around his head.  She just looked at him and finally gave in.  She mouthed "OK" and he looking at her curiously.  She screamed in the water "OK I WILL KISS YOU." 

 

He couldn't make out all of it underwater, but he understood enough.  He had her RIGHT where he wanted.

 

He smiled and finally stood up out of the water and took a much-needed breath.  Meredith slowly came out of the water with her eyes shut and back turned to Justin, wondering what she got herself into.  But when she opened her eyes and turned around, he wasn't there.  Meredith looked around and finally saw him outside of the pool, drying himself off with a towel. She looked at him confused.

 

"But, what, what about..." She stuttered, and he turned his attention to her, while drying off his body. "...What about the kiss."

 

"Who said anything about a kiss?"  He said trying not to die laughing at her shocked face.  "I'm really glad I had to take all those breathing lessons when this whole music thing started.  That was a pretty long time to be waiting without a breath.  I knew I could do it." 

 

She opened her mouth to say a smart comment but just then Jon appeared ready to go. 

 

"I'm ready." He said reluctantly.

 

"Meredith, get out of the pool.  Jon is ready."  Justin said fatherly but with a hidden laughter. Meredith glared at Justin as she came out of the pool and grabbed a towel.

 

Her eyes narrowed even more as she entered the house. "Timberfake, YOU are on my bad list."

 

"OHH NOOO!"  Justin dramatically stated.

 

"I'm serious, Justin.  That was NOT funny."

 

Justin breathed, "Now you know how I feel."

 

"What's that supposed to mean?" She stopped walking and stared at him.

 

-It's supposed to mean that I'm tired of you leading me on. -

 

"Jon, you ready? Meredith you might want to put something over your bathing suit. Riding in a convertible with just a bikini and a towel might make you a little, what do they call it?  Umm, Nipply?"  Justin remarked smugly.

 

"I cannot believe you just said that."  Meredith said extremely quiet.  She was very mad and a little embarrassed.

 

She looked at Jon and remembered how uncomfortable the ride to Justin's house was in the 2-seater. "Why don't we just take the Mercedes, that way we all can have a seat and more space."

 

"YEAH!!" Jon yelled.

 

"I thought you liked the Beemer?" Justin looked at his brother.

 

"I do.  But I like the Mer..Mer...How do you say it?" Jon tried to say it

 

"Mercedes." Justin giggled at his younger self.

 

Jon looked triumphantly. "Yeah, that. I like that too."

 

"OK, the Mercedes it is." Justin pushed Jon out of the doorway into the garage and turned to a now clothed Meredith.  "I think you were right about wanting a little more space.  The Roadster's not the best type of car to, well, you know, if things were to get a little hot, we will have more space to maneuver." Justin winked at her.  She was getting very annoyed at all the little sexual and flirty remarks he kept giving her throughout the day.  But she just shook her head and brushed past Justin and climbed into Mercedes.

 

-Yup, that boy hasn't gotten any action in a LONG time. -

 

-Hehe, I'm wearin' her down, bit by bit. - Justin smiled smugly and jumped into the car.
Chapter 12 by Mere

Chapter 12

 

“I really like that kid."  Meredith said as she stepped back into Justin's car after dropping Jonathan back at his moms.

 

"Yeah, me too."

 

Justin put the car in reverse and Meredith studied his face as he looked over his shoulder, backing out. "I bet you were just like him, weren't you?"

 

"Nah, I was more of a mommy's boy.  I whined a lot more."

 

Meredith smirked, "You still do."

 

"I'd watch it if I were you." He pointed a finger at her while watching the road.  She pretended to bite at it, and he smiled at her.

 

"I'm changing the subject, why are we going towards town and not back to your place?"

 

"I thought I'd take you home."

 

"Oh..." Meredith bowed her head and looked down at her hands.

 

Justin noticed this and felt bad. "We can turn around if you want."

 

She sighed. "No, this is fine.  I just wish I could have some alone time with you.  Just you and me.  No fellow *Nsyncers.  No younger brothers.  Just Meredith and Justin."

 

"I don't have anything to do tonight.  Why don't we just chill at your place.  You can make me some of that spaghetti you keep telling me about.  We can watch movies. You can give me another fashion show. Oh cant you just taste the fun?"

 

"Well, look at you.  Just a box of ideas.  All right, lets head back to my place.  But you can't stay all night, I have church in the morning."  Meredith smiled at him

 

"It's only 3:45, g."

 

"I know, but movies, fashion show, and pasta.  It might take some time.  Plus, who knows what kind of crazy things are on your mind."  He glanced at her confused and she winked at him.

 

"What's THAT supposed to mean?"

 

She said matter-of-factly, "I think you know."

 

"Actually, I don't. Why don't you explain.."

 

Meredith sighed and looked out the window.  "Justin, you were giving me some weird signals today.  Like the whole getting jealous thing, the kiss thing in the pool.  And I was really embarrassed when you brought up that whole nipply thing."  He quietly giggled at that.

 

"Listen, I'm sorry.  I have a lot of things on my mind."

 

She looked at his profile, "Wanna talk about it?"

 

"Maybe later.  Let's just sing to the radio. Hey this is a great song.  Whoever sings this must be one hell of a group."  Justin turned up the radio and Nsync's "It's gonna be me" was on. Meredith groaned and when he was looking in his blind spot, changing lanes, she immediately changed the station. He whipped his head back around and looked at her.  She was staring out the window trying to contain her laughter.

 

"I thought I told you nobody touches my radio."

 

"I guess my name is just NOBODY then." She finally let out some giggles

 

"You annoy me." He mocked her from earlier in the day.

 

"I'm only hungry for you...muah!"  Meredith lowered her voice to mock him.

 

"OH LOOKIE WERE HERE!"  Justin said sarcastically happy. For some reason he was getting pissed off. He parked his car, got out, and slammed the door shut.  He walked in a huff to the entrance of the apartment and noticed Meredith wasn't with him.  He looked back at his car and locked it when he saw she was just now getting out. 

 

"Why don't you just take FOREVER!!"  He yelled throwing his hands up in the air.  She shut the car door quietly and walked up to his steaming face.  She looked up at him.  He stared down back at her face.  She gently shook her head and pressed the code for the front door to enter.  She stepped inside and shut it quickly behind her and turned the inside bolt lock.  He knew the code and tried to enter it into the panel but nothing happen.  She had locked Justin out.  He looked at her in shock and she just shrugged. 

 

"What are you doing?"  He called after her as she turned and walked away.  She stopped and stepped back closer to the glass.  Her voice was muffled through the glass door but he still heard her loud and clear.

 

She looked down at his shoes on the other side of the glass. "I don't know WHAT your problem is.  But you obviously don't want to be near me right now. Why don't you just go home?  I'll see you at work on Monday."  She finally raised her eyes to meet his.  "You haven't given me that type of angry look in a LONG time."  Meredith quietly mumbled the last part; "It scares me."

 

"It what?"  Justin asked annoyed not quite hearing her. 

 

"IT SCARES ME!"  She yelled through the glass, her eyes glaring at him.  He bowed his head and touched the glass with his fingertips.

 

"Angel, I know I've been acting weird all day.  I'm sorry.  Please I NEED to spend this time with you.  Next weekend is that barbecue and then after that we have to start pre-tour stuff.  This is the ONLY time I have to spend with just you and me.  PLEASE!" 

 

She let out a loud sigh, turned the lock, and pushed the door open.  He smiled brightly and stepped in the door and closed it behind him.  He just smiled at her and she rolled her eyes.

 

"I'm sorry." He said in a little kid's voice bringing out the puppy dog look.  She groaned and dragged him to the stairs and started stomping up them.

 

"Don't wake up the neighbors angel."  Justin chuckled.

 

"Why do you always get your way?"  She grumbled.

 

He thought for a moment not really knowing what she was getting at. "Because I'm Justin Timberlake of *Nsync??"

 

"No, seriously.  No matter what you say to me, I almost ALWAYS give in."  She put her key in her door and opened it.

 

"I just have a way with you I guess."  He followed her into her apartment.  She sighed and looked at him thinking.

 

"I smell like chlorine.  I'm going to go take a quick shower.  You can take one after me if you want.  Don't mess anything up."  She smirked and walked down the hallway to her room as Justin plopped down on the couch and turned on the TV.

 

-----------

Meredith loved the feel of the warm water trickling down her back.  She let her head fall back and the water ran over her face, through her hair, and made her feel much more relaxed.

 

With college and work, she had become really stressed out.  Today was supposed to be a good day for relaxation but for some reason she felt extremely tired and stressed.  She hadn't had a lot of sleep the night before because of certain nightmares about Dan and Justin waking her up early didn't help.  She was stressed in the morning because of meeting Justin's mom and brother. 

 

As the water fell onto her she was reminded of the pool.  How Justin had looked dripping wet.  How he would smile at her and she would lose all thought.  Then there was the whole kissing thing.  She knew he was doing that on purpose.  It was if he wanted to know he could have her, but didn't do anything about it.

 

Just as that thought swarmed her another one hit her blindside.  When they were eating lunch and he was kissing her shoulders and neck.  She remembered not being able to breathe as his velvet lips slid across her skin. 

 

He was confusing her.  And she was confusing herself even more.  She loved him, yeah, that was a given.  But how deeply did she love him?  Lynn's words kept running again and again through her brain.  She would kill for him.  He was everything to her.  And, yeah, now they were back together.  Living minutes apart, working together.  The distance was what prevented them from being a couple before.  What was stopping them now?

 

Maybe it wasn't the distance that prevented them.  NO, it wasn't the distance at all.  Meredith knew she would be back in Orlando someday.  Why did she stop it before?  And why was this stressing her out now?  She knew it would be hard for her to love someone because of her past. But Justin had proved her wrong.  He had shown her just how easy it was to love someone. 

 

She rinsed all the shampoo out of her hair and applied conditioner.  She wondered what Justin was doing at that very moment?  Was he watching TV?  Snooping around her house?  Why did she care? 

 

She was getting a headache thinking so much so she decided to sing a hymn to calm her down.  She sang "I have decided to follow Jesus".  But for the first time in her life, it didn't work.  She finished the hymn and was still thinking about him.  She was now even more worked up about it than before.  Meredith stood there shocked as the water poured over her.  It was the first time this had happen.  Justin consumed all of her thoughts.  Questions came to her like a magnet.  Why was she letting him get to her?  What were her feelings?  What were his feelings? What was he doing right now?  Why was he acting strange all day?  Why did the hymn singing not calm her down?  Why was Justin able to invade her every thought?

 

And then the answer hit her like a brick.

 

She was IN love with him.

 

She opened her mouth in shock and immediately clamped it shut.  A smile came out of nowhere.  She had no clue why she was smiling.  She shut off the water and just stood there in the shower for a moment.  A soft giggle came from her as she opened the shower door.  All of her stress was gone and only one word could describe her.  Happy.  Meredith took a towel and dried herself off and wrapped the towel tightly around her body.  Another towel was wrapped around her soaked hair.  She stepped out of the shower and went over to a mirror.  She wiped of the fog and gave herself a good long stare. 

 

-Oh my gosh! What am I going to do?  I love him. I'm in love with him. Oh wow! -

 

She was giddy.  She was ecstatic.  It was the first time this had ever happened to her, and she couldn't wipe the smile off her face for anything.  It was permanent. She sighed and opened the bathroom door still looking at herself in the mirror.  She stepped out the door and finally looked in that direction.  She wasn't expecting what came next.

 

A pair of familiar arms pressed her slightly wet body to his clothed one.  His swift movements made the towel around her hair fall to the ground and her wet strands scattered around her face. The water had caused them to become dark ebony and her cheeks were a bit pink from the steamy shower. She looked up and saw the familiar blue eyes gazing into hers.  His hand was pressed firmly against the small of her back and his other came up to cup her cheek and slightly run through her damp hair.  She was limp by his touch.  He just stayed like that staring at her.  What was she supposed to do?  Say something? Say nothing?

 

She chose the first.

 

"Justin, what are you doing?" She whispered staring back at him

 

"I can't take this anymore."  He said bringing his face closer to hers.

 

"Take what?"

 

"Not being able to love you like I want to."  He closed the gap and touched her lips with his.  She felt heavenly to him.  He needed to feel her lips against his.  He needed this.  He was in love with her and he couldn't take the games they were both playing anymore.

 

She was shocked.  She was frightened.  She had just convinced herself she was in love with him, but why was she scared?  She knew exactly why.  Dan.

 

"STOP!"  She yelled against his mouth and pushed him away from her.  His shoulders slumped.  Why was she doing this, now?

 

"Meredith..." He began.

 

"NO. Just stop."  She was breathing deeply.  She couldn't catch her breath.  She was choking up.  She quickly walked to her closet and pulled out a robe.  She wrapped it around her and tied it tightly.  She walked over to a dresser and pulled out a pair of underwear.  She dropped the towel underneath her robe and quickly pulled on her underwear.  Justin wondered what she was doing.  Was she trying to tease him?  No.  He could tell.  Something was wrong.

 

When she was a little more dressed than before she sighed with relief and turned around, forgetting Justin was still there.  She stopped abruptly and returned his intense stare.  She wanted to break it.  She had to, for her own sanity.  But she couldn't. 

 

He took a small step forward.  He was so confused.  He didn't understand what was happening.  When she saw him take a step forward she took a step back and looked up at him in horror.

 

"Meredith, why are you scared of me?"  He whispered.  This caused her breathing to stop.  After a few seconds she let it all out.  With one deep exhale she let everything in her out.  She let the tears roll down her cheeks.  She wailed in sorrow.

 

"I, I'm not scared of...of you."  She sobbed. "I'm scared of what I might do to you." 

 

He understood.  She was afraid the same thing would happen to him, as what happened to Dan.  It still tormented her.  How could it not?  He took 2 huge steps towards her and wrapped his arms around her. He rubbed her back as she sobbed into his chest. 

 

"Shhhhh, you aren't going to hurt me.  You cant.  I won't let you."

 

"Why did it happen? Why did he have to change? I don't want you to change." She whispered.

 

"God won't let this happen to his angel twice. He just won't. I'm not going to change, Meredith.  I'm not going to change."

 

She finally wrapped her slender arms around him and held on to him as if he was all she had.  In her mind, he WAS all she had.

 

"It's happened Justin." She finally stated into his chest, bringing a hand up and wiping the tears.

 

"What's happened?"

 

"I've fallen for you."

 

He stopped rubbing her back. He stopped breathing.  His heart stopped.  His world stopped. She had said the one thing he had dreamed of her saying to him, from the first day he met her.

 

Suddenly his heart started beating at a rapid pace.  He thought it was going to explode.  He was sure Meredith could hear it thumping in his chest.  He looked down at her still clinging on to him and with one hand he lifted her head to look up at his.

 

"You...you've..you've what?"  He asked gasping for air.

 

"I've fallen for you."  She paused searching his eyes for understanding. "I'm in love with you."

 

He didn't have time to think. 

 

The next thing she knew his mouth was crushed to hers and their eyes were shut closed.  He was kissing her with passion and fire she had never witnessed.  She didn't realize that she was kissing him back with just as much passion and fire. 

 

Their tongues twisted and his lips consumed hers whole.  He breathed desperately out of his nose, but it wasn't enough.  His hands roamed across her spine and moved up and down from her hips to under her arms.  Her fingers hungrily ran through his curls and clawed his back.

 

Things were out of control.  They both needed each other.  Justin had been missing this type of love and Meredith had never experienced it.  The two put together were a lethal combination.

 

Meredith subcountiously had backed up to the edge of the bed.  When she realized there was no where else to move she gently laid back on it, never parting from his lips.   Justin didn't notice, but he was now crawling on top of her.  He leaned down and pressed his body into hers.  She moaned against his mouth when she was crushed between him and the bed.  She spread her legs and wrapped them tightly around his waist to become more comfortable and to get as close as possible to him.  As she did this and it only caused him to apply even MORE pressure and to slide his tongue MORE forcefully into her mouth.  He needed air.  She needed air.  So, he abruptly pulled away but didn't stop.

 

He caught a breath and moved towards her neck nibbling and sucking on every inch of it.  She tilted her head to one side to make it easier for him.  Her hands were clutching on his now untamed hair.  He groaned whenever she would clutch them tighter.  She had forgotten she had only a robe and underwear on.  She had forgotten almost everything at that moment.  All she knew was that Justin was so close to her and that his lips were the most amazing thing she had ever experienced. 

 

Justin had kissed every part of her neck and moved a little further to her collar.  He slid his body down hers a few inches to where her chin was resting on the top of his head and he was kissing her collarbone.  His tongue licked her sweet skin, but it also licked something else.

 

Something cold.  Something metal. 

 

Her cross.

 

He brought his tongue quickly back into his mouth and opened his eyes to stare down at it.  Meredith had stopped clutching his hair and was now cupping his face forcing him to look up at her.  He turned his head but remained focused on the cross.

 

"Look at me." She whispered.  He shook his head staring at the cross.

 

"Justin, Look...at..me!"  She demanded.  He reluctantly brought his eyes to her face and saw a smile.  Her smile.  Her beautiful bright smile shining through her redden lips.  He couldn't help but smile back.  Finally his eyes met hers and he felt a sigh of relief.  She wasn't mad.  She was happy.  He had made her happy.  And she had DEFIENTALY made him happy. Suddenly she began to giggle.  Soon the giggle turned into an all out laughing fest. 

 

Justin sat up on her bed and just watched her laugh.  He was curious as to what was so funny.

 

"What's so funny?"   She kept on laughing but held up her hand to try and show him to wait and let her finish. She rolled to her side clutching her stomach from laughing. Finally she quieted her laughter and looked up at him.  She sat up and looked him in the eyes. 

 

"Look's like you got a few pointers from your brother."  He opened his mouth in shock. But he couldn't help it.  Soon he was in a fit of laughter also.  After a few minutes of both of them laughing extremely hard, Justin spoke.

 

"Meredith, I'm sorry I got carried away." He looked down at her comforter of her bed that was now wrinkly and bunched up in places.

 

"It's just as much your fault as it was mine."  She got up and straightened her robe.

 

"I'm hungry.  And no, I'm not hungry for you. I've had all of you today that I think I can handle." she smirked and continued.

 

"Go in the kitchen and look at the notebooks beside the fridge on the counter.  There should be a black binder.  The first recipe in it is for my pasta sauce.  Will you find all the ingredients for me?  Just snoop around the kitchen."

 

"Sure, what are you going to do?"  He wiggled his eyebrows.

 

"I'm going to get dressed!  NOW GO!"  She shoed him out of her bedroom and he turned around and leaned down to kiss her but she slammed the door in his face and giggled.  She heard a "HEYYYY" coming from the other side of the door. 

 

Meredith leaned against the door and slid to the carpet. 

 

-OH MY GOD!!!!  That was, wow.  I kinda feel sluty.  But in a good way.  This is NOT a good sign. Don't have feelings like this towards him.  It's OK to be in love with him.  BUT DONT start wanting him.  Well you can WANT him, just don't act on it.  I don't know.  Back there was pretty good.  No back there was AWESOME.  But we were able to stop.  Yeah, we barely did. -

 

She looked down at her cross and kissed it and stood back up to get dressed.  For some reason she didn't feel any different than she had before.  Yeah, so she had just made out with one of the most wanted men in America. The man she was in love with. But her feelings weren't changed.  She felt just like she did 2 weeks ago.  Just like she did 2 months ago.  She felt a WHOLE lot different from 2 years ago.  She thought for a moment.

 

-Maybe I've been in love with him ever since I met him.  Maybe I just didn't see it. -

 

--------

Justin leaned against the counter looking at all the ingredients he had pulled out that were patiently waiting by the stove.  He wasn't so patient.  He had been waiting for about 20 minutes for Meredith to come in the kitchen.  He would have gone to see if she was all right sooner, but the phone had rang right after he left her room and he just figured she was still talking.

 

-But Meredith isn't the type of person to stay on the phone long. Hmmm-

 

Justin drummed his fingers across the counter in thought.  He quickly walked to the phone in the kitchen and picked it up.  He wasn't going to ease-drop, he just wanted to see if she was still talking on it or not.  He picked it up but there was no dial tone and no one was talking.

 

-What the hell? -

 

"Meredith?"  He called through the house.  When he didn't get a response he walked through her apartment to the hallway and lightly knocked on her bedroom door.

 

"G?  You OK?" 

 

No response.

 

"Meredith..." Justin said a little louder. 

 

No response.

 

A shock of freight washed over him.  He gently pushed the door open and scanned the room.  It was empty. 

 

Or so he thought.

 

"Where is she?" he mumbled peeking in the bathroom only to find it empty.  Just as he was about to walk out and check around the house he heard a faint sniffle. 

 

"Meredith is that you?"  He said walking towards where he heard the sound.  He slowly crept past the front of the bed and turned his head to the side. 

 

His heart broke.

 

There she was, finally dressed, but she was curled up on the floor beside the bed, clutching the phone and crying hysterically.

 

His breath caught in his throat but finally he found words.

 

"Meredith, what happened?"  He barely whispered and sat down on the carpet in front of her.  As soon as he did this she attacked him.  She held him so tightly he really thought he couldn't breathe.  She was still holding on to the phone.  Someone had called and it upset her.

 

"Angel who was on the phone?" 

 

"Lauren" She whispered.

 

"And.."

 

"I can't say, it hurts too much."  She choked out.

 

"You can't let me help you if I don't know."

 

"It, it was.... I just cant..." She started to sob uncontrollably.

 

"OK, OK. Shhhh. Tell me when you are ready."

 

"I'll never be ready."  She took a deep breath and finally lifted her head to meet Justin's confused eyes.

 

"That was my sister.  Dad...he..." She bowed her head, closed her eyes as even more tears were squeezed out and she clutched her chest.

 

Justin brushed the tears away with his thumbs, "Your Dad what?"

 

"He is in the hospital." She raised her head to look at him wide-eyed. "Why Justin?  Why does it always have to happen to the people I love the most?"

 

He gathered her into his arms and quieted her. "Shhh, Just be quiet.  You've had a really REALLY stressful day.  Let me call your sister and get details OK?" She nodded her head against his shoulder.  Justin gave her a smile and put one arm under her knees and another across her back.  He stood up and placed her on her bed.  He found her favorite quilt and pulled it over her.  Justin leaned down to kiss her forehead, and she was already asleep.

 

He slumped his shoulders and leaned his head back. He looked up towards the ceiling.

 

"God, help ME be able to help her.  She doesn't need this.  It's too much.  Please, please let everything be OK."

 

--------

Justin was pacing around the hallway, right outside her bedroom.  He had talked to her sister, Lauren, and found out that her dad was in a car wreck and what hospital he was at.  He had also found out that Meredith needed to get there, quick.  He was in very bad condition. He called the airport and got the most recent tickets to Charlotte he could find.  He was now impatiently waiting on his cell phone for JC to pick up.  Finally after about 7 rings he did.

 

"Hello?"

 

"Hey Josh its Justin, I need you to do some things for me."

 

"Umm, OK. Wow, you haven't called me Josh in a while, what's wrong?

 

"Meredith's dad is in the hospital."

 

"Oh no!  What happened?"

 

"He was in a car wreck.  It's bad JC, real bad.  I need you to do me some favors if you don't mind."

 

"Sure, anything.  What do you need?"

 

"OK, can you go to my house and get me a bag worth of about 3 days of clothing.  Just throw some stuff in there.  Our flight to Charlotte is at 9:00 which gives us about 3 hours.  No more like 2 because I have to get us there and check in and everything."

 

"You are going with her?"

 

"Yeah, she needs me.  She is REALLY messed up about it."

 

"OK, sure man.  Why don't you just let me go get your stuff, I think I remember the code, yeah I do, and I'll come by there and I'll just take you guys, that way you don't have to worry about leaving your car there and what not."

 

"JC, you are so awesome"

 

"I know, I know. But I have to go if you want me to do this stuff in time."

 

"OK, thank you SO much."

 

"No problem, anything for you and g. bye."

 

Justin clicked off the phone and quietly stepped back into Meredith's room.  She was still sleeping and he wasn't going to wake her until the very last minute.  She was going to need this sleep. 

 

Justin went to Meredith's closet and pulled out a duffel bag.  He smiled when he saw which one he had pulled out.  It was a neon green one that she brought on tour.  All the guys made fun of it because it was so bright.  But whenever their luggage would be piled up or at an airport and they had to sort it and find whose was who's, hers was always the first to be found. 

 

He grabbed some tennis shoes and put them in the bag.  He quietly ran around her room stuffing the bag full of clothes she would need.  When he got to her underwear drawer he quietly laughed to himself with what was inside.  It showed Meredith's personality perfectly in there, if you believe that.  Most of the bras were plain white or flesh color.  No thongs, no lacy or see through panties.  Nothing sexy.  Just plain bikini style underwear.  Most of it was white, but there were a few print ones and one black one. 

 

-She never was one to be showy.  That's what I love about her.  She's so genuine. -

 

He got to her bathroom and dropped shampoo, soap, deodorant, toothbrush all the necessaries in her bag.  Then he thought:

 

-I wonder if she is like me and has all this necessary stuff at home. OH well, better safe than sorry-

 

He scanned the bathroom one last time and was about to leave when he remembered.  His heart sank and he picked up the two bottles that were sitting on her sink.  He hated that she had to take this stuff.  He knew she hated it.  And he just prayed one day she could rid herself of it.

 

Justin finished packing her things and brought the bag to her front door and rested it there.  He looked at his watch and it read 6:35.  JC would be there soon and all he had to do now was wait.

 

He sat down on Meredith's tan colored couch.  He slouched down and leaned his head back on the top of the cushion behind him.  He couldn't resist.  He had to close his eyes.

 

He was tired.  He had gotten up early this morning not being able to get Meredith out of his mind.  Soon after he found himself here waking her up.  He had spent the day playing with Jon and that wore him out.  But the part that was eating at him was Meredith.  She had finally confessed her love for him.  She had finally stopped playing the games.  She had given in to him.  And he was surprised how easily. 

 

His thoughts roamed to the major make out session that happened earlier.  She had totally surprised him.  He had no idea she would let him take it that far.  He knew he would have to control himself around her.   But boy, it was going to be hard. 

 

Justin was now stretched out on the couch and in a deep sleep.  He didn't hear Meredith walk in.  He didn't feel her lay down next to him.  He didn't realize he had wrapped his arms around her.  But he DID hear the doorbell.  As soon as it rang Justin shot up and literally knocked Meredith off the couch.  She landed on the floor with a thud and he surprisingly looked down at her.  He was shocked and scared.  He knew she was emotional and didn't want to cause her any more pain.

 

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry.  Are you OK?"  He got off the couch and reached down to pick her up.

 

She giggled, "Man, Timberlake, little antsy aren't we?"

 

"Whew...I'm glad you are OK."

 

"I'm not OK.  But I'm living.  My butt is another story. I knew I should have carpeted this room. I think I'm going to buy me a rug."  She giggled and wrapped her arms around him.  Just then the doorbell rang again and a voice came from the other side.

"Justin, Mere??  It's JC!!"

 

"I guess we should let him in."  Justin quietly laughed letting go of her and walking to the door.

 

"Hey J, where are my pills?"

 

"Oh, umm, they are in that bag."

 

"OK. I think I might need some."  She sighed and opened the bag and walked to the bathroom.

 

Justin opened the door. "Hey, sorry it took so long."

 

"Oh, no prob.  Your bag is in the car.  And I gotta ask you something."

 

"What?"

 

"It's probably a stupid question but have you called Johnny, or security?"

 

"Oh, shit."

 

"You haven't have you?"

 

"Nope, forgot all about it."  He sighed and looked at his older friend. "JC if I call Johnny he is going to MAKE security come.  She doesn't need that. I mean I know she would understand.  But...she doesn't need anymore distractions.  If security goes, then she is reminded that Justin from Nsync is with her.  I want to HELP her as just Justin.  This isn't some joy ride."

 

"I know, man. Why don't you call him from the airport?  He can't do anything if you are about to take off. Meredith's dad IS Johnny's friend.  Oh my gosh, I wonder if he already knows."  JC's eyes got big as well as Justin's.  They had forgotten all about that factor.  Oddly, the phone rang seconds after JC stated this.

 

"Meredith, I'll get it."  Justin called towards her room.  He picked up the phone and gave JC a pleading look. JC gulped, loudly.

 

"Uhh, hello?  Meredith's phone."  Justin quietly stuttered

 

"Justin? Is that you?"

 

He recognized the voice and plopped down on the couch and sighed. "Uhh yeah, Hey Johnny."

 

"I just heard.  Is she OK?"

 

"She's...well, she's handling it." Justin massaged his temple with his free hand.

 

"I just talked to her sister, she said that Meredith was leaving tonight.  I was calling to make sure.  I know she has to go, she just hasn't called me yet."

 

"Umm, yeah, I've been handling all the flight stuff."  Justin looked up at JC biting his lip, knowing he was going to have to tell Johnny.

 

"Good, I'm glad she didn't have to do it herself. Well, I have to go. I might come up there early next week if I can get me a flight. Tell Meredith to give her dad a smile, that always been his favorite thing about her. And you take care of her, J.  She's like my baby sister and I'm sure you know, but her dad is probably one of the people she cares most about.  Call me when you guys get there, I need to make sure you are safe."

 

"What? You knew I was going with her?"

 

"I just figured you would.  I mean, I know you love her Justin.  And I know the type of person you are.  You care for the people you love more than anyone I've ever known."

 

"And you are OK with it, without security?"

 

"I wouldn't want security to go with something like this.  You know how to conceal yourself, and it being a later flight should make it less of a hassle."

 

"Thank you Johnny. Thank you so much."

 

"No, Justin, thank YOU.  She's going to need you these next couple of days."

 

Justin sighed a sigh of relief, "I know."

 

"Be safe, have a good flight. Bye."

 

"Bye Johnny."  Justin clicked the cordless phone off amazed and looked up at JC.

 

"Well?"  JC asked impatiently.

 

"He was fine with it.  He didn't want security either."

 

"All right Johnny" JC said putting a fist in the air.

 

"OK, I'm ready. I guess."  Meredith walked out of her room and picked up her bag by the door. She slung it over her shoulders and walked up to the two guys.

 

"So, are you taking me Justin, or what?  Why are you here anyways?" She pointed at JC.

 

"I'm taking you and Justin to the airport.  Didn't you know?"

 

"Umm, Justin?"

 

"I'm going with you."  She opened her mouth to protest but Justin placed his hand over her mouth gently.  "Before you say anything, I'm not trying to impose.  You need me Meredith.  You need someone to be there to hold your hand.  You are going to need someone who is stable.  Your mom and sister are going to be hurting too.  You'll need someone there.  I just nominated myself for the position."

 

"I love you. Now lets go!"  She marched to the door and swung it open. Justin came up and grabbed her bag from her.  She smiled at him.  They walked to JC's jeep and soon they were on their way to the airport.

 

Chapter 13 by Mere

Chapter 13

 

5 days later

------------

 

"This is your captain speaking. We have now reached maximum altitude.  It is now fine to get up out of your seat. Please keep your seatbelt on while sitting. Remember this is a non-smoking flight. We will be arriving at Orlando International Airport in approximently 1 hour.  Thank you and enjoy your flight."

 

Immediately Justin removed his seat belt and slouched in the seat to get more comfortable.  The person leaning on him scooted closer to him and snuggled against his chest.  He sighed and wrapped his left arm around her back.  His hand lightly held on to her arm and his thumb grazed across her skin ever so slightly. 

 

Justin lifted his body a few inches off the seat to reach in his back pocket and retrieve his wallet.  A small sigh came from Meredith's lips and he whispered 'sorry'.  When she didn't respond he knew she was still asleep.  He opened his wallet and pulled out his credit card.

 

Justin reached to the built in phone staring him in the face.  He swiped the card through the designated slot and listened as the speaker continued on and on about charges.  He didn't care.  He just needed to make this phone call.  Finally he was instructed to dial the number.

 

"Hello, Johnny speaking."

 

"Johnny, its Justin."

 

"Oh, hey. How are things?"

 

"Well, they are of course a whole lot better, now that he was released from the hospital.  We are both kinda exhausted."

 

"I can imagine.  I'm guessing you are on the plane now."

 

"Yeah.  We should be there in an hour.  You aren't going to bring security are you?"

 

"No, I think you can handle it.  Just don't hang around the airport, but you know better than that.  Is JC picking you up?"

 

"Yeah, I have to call him and check."

 

"I know you guys are really tired but are you going to drop by the barbecue tomorrow?"

 

"Umm, I don't know. I probably will, unless Mere needs me.  Hopefully she will want to get out and go to it.  Hey Johnny have you talked to her about the tour?"

 

"Not yet. That's why I was wondering if she was coming to the barbecue.  We are doing info and stuff like that.  I was hoping to surprise her.  I talked to her before and she said "what about school?"  But I have all that arranged already. Hehe."

 

"Good.  I don't think I can go on a tour without her."

 

"Yeah, she was a great asset last time.  Well, I have to go.  Have a nice flight."

 

"Thanks Johnny."

 

"Bye."

 

Justin waited as the speaker came on again. "If you would like to make another call, please press 2."

 

Justin pressed 2 and dialed the next number.

 

"C here."

 

"JC, its me.  What's up?"

 

"Hey man!  Tell M I'm really glad everything is OK with her dad."

 

"I will if she ever wakes up."

 

"Oh, hehe.  Just like me, eh?"

 

"I swear you too were separated at birth."

 

"I thought that was her and Chris."

 

"Well, you know what I mean.  Anyway, we should be at gate 8A in about I'd said 45 minutes."

 

"OK, I'll be there."

 

"JC, umm, hehe, guess what?"

 

"What J?"

 

"She told me."

 

"She told you wha...ohhhh, OH MY GOSH! WHEN?"

 

"Like two hours before she found out about her dad."

 

"Oh great timing.  Well, I'm happy for you two.  It's about time you guys are a couple."

 

"We aren't."

 

"Huh? We are talking about the same thing?  She told you she was in love with you, right?"

 

"Yeah, but we agreed yesterday evening that it would be best if we just take things slow."

 

"Oh, well that doesn't mean it won't happen."

 

"Yeah, I just know she has a hard time with this kinda stuff.  JC, hehe, she doesn't think she is going on tour with us. Can you believe that?"

 

"Has Johnny not told her?"

 

"No, he said he is going to tomorrow, if she goes to the barbecue."

 

"OH, this is great!"

 

"Listen, she said she wanted to take it slow because of the tour and being away from me.  What she doesn't realize is, she is going to be with me 24/7!  I'm so happy!  I've never been this happy before. Hehe!"

 

"Stop it!!"

 

"What?"

 

"You're giddy.  It's frightening."

 

"Sorry man."

 

"No, its cool, I'm happy for ya."  Meredith slightly changed positions on Justin's chest.

 

"I gotta go, I think she is waking up."

 

"OK, I'll see ya in less than an hour at gate 8A."

 

"Alrightly, bye bye."

 

Justin hung up the phone.  He looked down at Meredith.  She was still breathing deeply.  She probably had gotten a total of 7 hours of sleep this whole week.  He hadn't got much more. 

 

He picked up the credit card resting on his knee and placed it back in his wallet.  He lifted his hips and slid it into his back pocket.  She groaned and her hand that had been resting on his chest moved out and her arm extended into a stretch.  She hit something warm and very soft.  Suddenly her fingers felt a little wet. She slightly opened her eyes and saw her fingertips in Justin's mouth. He was looking down at her with an eyebrow raised.  She laughed and immediately brought her fingers out of his mouth.

 

"Yes, correct Meredith. You have found my mouth.  On tomorrow's anatomy lesson, we will study the reproductive organs." Justin mocked a professor then grinned evilly.  Meredith immediately pushed at him.  In a loud huff she moved so she was as far away as she could get from him staring out the tiny plane window.

 

"Thank you.  Now I have some room to breathe."  Justin stretched out in the first class seat and yawned.  He looked over at Meredith glaring at him out of the corner of her eye.  He crouched into a smaller position and started poking at her sides and stomach.  She immediately began to giggle. 

 

She grabbed his wrist and gave him a firm look.  "Stop annoying me."

 

"SHE SPEAKS!" Justin mockingly gasped.  "Sleeping beauty awakes and she tells the prince to 'stop annoying her.' How romantic."  Justin sarcastically said...

 

"Prince? Where?"  She looked around and finally laid her laughing eyes back on Justin's narrowed ones.

 

"Thanks for coming with me this week J.  You were right; I needed you."  She rested her head back on his shoulder.  "I still do, ya know?"

 

"Yeah, I know."  He wrapped both his arms around her rested his chin on her head.

 

"Me tired."  He said in a little kid's voice.

 

"Then go to sleep." 

 

“I can't get comfy."  He continued in the childish voice.

 

"Come here, lay your head in my lap.  I'll massage it for you.  No, not THAT head.  Stop grinning at me. STOP!"  She pointed a finger at his sexy yet evil grin, which only implied one thing.

 

"Come on.  It'll make you fall asleep in an instant."

 

"I know, this is what my mom did to me when I was little."  Justin took off his baseball cap and Meredith clamped her mouth shut so she wouldn't laugh at the sight of his outrageous afro.  He glared at her and laid his head in her lap.  His tall build was barely able to fit in even the first class space.

 

"Is my butt hanging out in the isle?" Justin laughed as he pictured himself.  Meredith raised her head to look.

 

"No, almost, but its still, kinda, in the seat.  What butt anyway?  You are like the no butt guy."  She continued running her hands through his wild hair and gently scratching his scalp.

 

"I know, I have no booty.  Unlike someone I know.  I think her name starts with an M and ends with a eredith."

 

"Ah ha.  You are hilarious."  Meredith deadpanned.

 

"Yeah, and you love me for it." He said smugly.

 

"Yup. Sure do."  She bent down and kissed his head and continued to massage his curls.  Soon he was fast asleep.

 

-----------

*Nsync was back on the road again.  That night they had their first concert of the second leg of their No String's Attached Tour.  This tour would be a lot like the other, but they would visit some arena's they hadn't before and they would also include Christmas music in their show. 

 

Meredith had been totally surprised when she found out she was going on tour with the guys.  She thought school would be a problem.  But Johnny had "somehow" managed to let her get a few assignments a head of time that she could do on the road.  Meredith was happy to be on tour but didn't know what this would mean for her and Justin.  She wanted to be with him but was scared.  She was just being a coward and she knew it.

 

She hadn't seen the guys all day.  They had flown up to Charlotte the afternoon before and Meredith went straight home to visit her dad.  She had gotten in late that night and gone right to bed.  This particular morning Meredith got up around 8:30 and was immediately bombarded with things to do.  She was *Nsync's assistant, but she seemed to be doing a lot of other work also.  She had called to confirm about 12 radio interviews for the next 5 shows.  She had confirmed all radio and contest winners seats.  She had done so much all day.  She literally had been running around since 9 o'clock. She didn't even have time to go to sound check. It was now 5 and the only breaks she had all day were to eat lunch and to use the bathroom. 

 

She had only seen the *Nsync guys once.  And that was for about 1 minute. She didn't even have time to speak to them.  Meredith had brought 7 girls ranging from 10-16 to the meet n greet that were contest winners.  She had brought them into the room where the meet n great was, informed them what to do, and stole a quick glance at her guys, who were all oblivious to her presence and rapped up in fans.

 

It was 5. The meet n great was over.  The guys basically had chill-time until wardrobe.  She figured they probably were eating an early, light dinner.  Meredith finally had a break. In fact, she was done with all her work.  All she had to do was see if the guys needed anything to be done.

 

She sauntered over to a room that had a sign on it that said "*Nsync toy room" She could hear Lance's deep voice and then she heard muffled laughs.  She then heard one distinctive laugh that came from none other than Justin.  She barged into the room, not even knocking.  This caused all the guys, who where munching on pizza, fruits, crackers, ect. to stop abruptly and look at her.  She didn't even acknowledge them.  She plopped down on the couch beside Chris and leaned towards him putting all her body weight on his side.

 

"Umm, hey Meredith."  Chris laughed looking down at her.  She was practically on top of him.

 

"We missed you at Sound Check."  Joey said with a mouthful of pizza.

 

"Rough day G?" Lance asked with a smile.

 

"I hate work."  She mumbled.

 

"HEY!! I resent that!"  JC whined.

 

She sat up straight in her spot and started talking wildly with her hands. "I don't care.  You spend 4 hours confirming some teenybopper band's radio spots.  You spend the next hour with 7, 12-year-old teenybopper freaks that swear they are going to marry JC, have Justin's baby, and throw their thongs at Joey. At 12 I didn't even know what a thong was. Then you call and make sure all contest winner tickets are valid and make sure they have seats.  And all the while you are running on a cold grilled-cheese sandwich and a flat diet coke.  I don't think so."  She relaxed back down on Chris.

 

"Get back to the thong part." Joey laughed.  Meredith threw a pillow at him.

 

"And to think I still love you guys..." She exaggerated a sigh, as all the guys laughed.

 

"Meredith, can you do me a favor?"  Justin asked seriously.

 

She whined.  "NOOOOO please, just let me sleep.  Don't make me do anything more. NOOOOOO."

 

"Oh OK." he stated quietly.  He had been unusually quiet since she had gotten there.

 

"J, I'm kidding.  What do you need?"

 

"I need to talk to you."

 

Meredith looked up at him hopefully. "That's it?"

 

"Yeah, alone."  He sounded kinda reluctant.

 

She asked with concerned, "What's wrong?"

 

"Come with me..." Justin stood up from his chair and Meredith followed him.

 

"I did it all for the nookie, come on..." Joey started singing.

 

"Yeah, Justin and Meredith are always "talking." Sure, that's what they are doing."  Chris exaggerated making quotation marks with his fingers.

 

"Be nice.  Let the lovers be."  JC giggled. 

 

"Yeah, let them make out in peace."  Lance started making kissing noises. 

 

"SHUT UP!" Meredith and Justin yelled at the same time and slammed the door.  They both giggled to each other as the walked down the hallway to a small room.  Inside was where Justin's entire wardrobe was. 

 

Meredith walked in and looked around at all of his clothes.  Justin quietly shut the door behind him and locked it.

 

"Sit down."  Justin pointed to a chair that had a few pieces of clothing on it.  He pulled them off and threw them to a pile on the floor.  Meredith sat down and looked up at him wide-eyed.

 

"OK.  What is it?"

 

"Well..." Justin started pacing the floor and mumbling to himself.  Meredith found the situation quite humorous even though she knew he had something on his mind.  She giggled and quickly covered her mouth.  As soon as it slipped out, Justin stopped and stared at her.  She cleared her throat and turned to look at the floor.  But she couldn't help it.  The laughter came and she couldn't stop.

 

"You laughing at me?"  Justin asked with a grin.

 

"I'm...sorry.  Its just..you were..soo focused.  I've never seen you talk to yourself. It was funny.  Sorry."  She contained herself with inhaling a deep breath and releasing it.  "Please tell me what you need to."

 

"OK. Umm.  How do I say this?"  He was searching for the right thing to say.  He didn't want to scare her but he didn't want it to sound like it wasn't a big deal. He never had trouble telling someone how he felt about them.  Usually as soon as it came to him he told them.  But this was different.  This was Meredith.  "Uhh, I, umm. I cant be your friend anymore."

 

"Huh?  WHAT?"  She looked at him confused and scared.

 

"That's not what I meant.  I mean I want to be your friend.  I love being your friend, your best friend.  But I need more."  He looked at her and she raised her head slowly and nodded once.

 

"So, you understand?"

 

"Justin, yeah.  But I thought we were going to take it slow.  I thought we were going to be patient."

 

"I cant.  I just cant. It's not in me to. I can't tell you I'm in love with you one day and go back to being brother and sister the next.  I need you. I need to feel you in my arms.  I need your lips on mine. I need YOU in my life."

 

"I am in your life."

 

He ignored her comment and continued. "I want you to be my girlfriend.  I need you to be. I can't just sit around and pretend like I'm not in love with you.  It's not how I work."

 

"J, I..."

 

"Wait."  He started pacing again, talking with his hands.  Something he only did when he had a lot to get out.  "I know you have had a rough past.  I know you have never been in this situation before.  And I think that's why I've let you control me like you do.  I've let YOU control our relationship.  I've let YOU determine when it was time to go and when it is time to stop.  I did that for YOU.  But I think you've ignored that I'M in this relationship too.  I've sacrificed a whole lot of my time and energy into you. I don't regret any of it.  But when we were on the beach, when we were on your bed, you act as if it doesn't mean anything.  It's like you take your little make-out session whenever you want it and then turn me back into Big Brother whenever you need me to be him.  I used to be fine with that.  But I'm not anymore.  This relationship is a two-way street.  You are going to have to meet me halfway here.  I can't hide my feelings like YOU can."

 

"Well..." Meredith said in a snobbish voice.  He took notice and stopped pacing and looking down at the floor.  He turned to her and merged his eyebrows.  He was angry.

 

"Listen, MEREDITH!  I'm sorry if that's not what you wanted to hear.  I'm sorry if you want to play this game of "Use Justin whenever I deem necessary".  But I'm tired of the game.  OK?  Do you understand that you can't just drag me around like some rag-doll?  I've done everything in my power to do EXACTLY what you tell me to do.  I'm not a patient person and I've been EXTREMLY patient with you. Tell me this Meredith.  What would you do if tonight in the middle of the show I stopped singing and pulled you on stage and proposed to you?  What would you do then?"

 

Meredith's eyes got wide.  She shook her head in horror.  "Justin, I don't..."

 

He sighed loudly, "I'm not saying I'm going to do that.  Damn, I'm only 19.  I'm no where NEAR ready for that.  Like maybe a LONG ways down the road.  Not now."  He finally looked her in the eyes and sincerely said this, "But I do know that I'm ready for you.  I want you. I need you. I LOVE YOU!"

 

She exhaled and closed her eyes.  She bowed her head and whispered, "How do you know that you are ready?"

 

He smiled. "I feel it in my heart."

 

"I don't know if I'm ready for you Justin.  Like you said, I've never been in this type of relationship before.  It's so new to me.  Six months ago I never even knew these types of feelings existed. I don't want to act on false feelings then break your heart.  I promised you, and myself whether you know it or not, that that was the last thing I would ever do.  I will kill myself before I even think about breaking your heart."

 

"That's why I love you."

 

"Don't say that.  It just confuses me even more."

 

"It's the truth, Angel.  Do you want me to lie to you?"

 

"No."

 

"Just look at me Meredith.  Look...at...me!  Look at my eyes.  You'll know once you do what your feelings are.  You will know instantly whether you are ready or not."  He stepped closer to her.

 

"I cant."

 

"Look at me." He placed his hand under her chin and lifted it. She slowly lifted her eyes to his.  He was right.  She knew instantly.  Once his blue eyes shone into her brown ones she knew.  She knew she loved him.  She knew she was in love with him.  She knew she wanted him with her.  She knew she was ready.

 

"Justin..." She whispered.  He was closing the gap between them quickly.  His hands rested on the armrest of her chair. "I, I..." She stuttered.  She felt it in her body, soul, and heart.  But her mind was tricking her.  It was always getting in her way.  ALWAYS  "I don't...don't know...I don't know if I'm ready."  Just as she was saying that his lips were about 4 inches from hers.  His eyes were slowly closing.  But this caused them to shut completely.  He took a giant step back, straightened himself and opened his eyes.  He stared at her.  Without emotion. 

 

He knew she was lying.  He knew how she worked.  He knew that her mind was tricking her.  But he had seen it in her eyes.  She WAS ready.

 

"Fine then." He softly said still staring at her.  She slowly slid out of the chair and walked towards him.

 

"I'm..I'm sor-"

 

"Don't say that.  I just want to ask one thing of you."

 

"Anything.."

 

"Kiss me.  Give me an "appetizer", as they call it.  Let me make SURE that I'm willing to wait for you until you are ready."  She grinned and stepped one giant step and was now right under him.  He was still standing.  He hadn't moved.  He looked like a giant above her.  She titled her head up to look at him.  His head was still in the same position but his eyes were turned down, studying her expression.  She whispered, "OK."

 

She put her hands on his shoulders and moved them until they were behind his neck.  She pulled his head down until it was so close to hers, they were breathing in each other's breaths.  With one swift move, she pushed herself up on her toes and their lips met.  His arms were still by his sides.  His eyes were now closed, but his lips weren't responding.  She locked his bottom lip between her pout and pulled back.  Just as she had done this she leaned in again but this time captured his upper lip. Both kisses were light and simple.  And she was surprised that he didn't respond to either kiss.  He just stood there.  It was pure hell.

 

For him it was heaven.  She was for the first time leading him.  SHE was the one doing the kissing. Not him.  Usually he would kiss, expect a response and got one. This time she was doing the kissing, but she wasn't getting anything in return.  He knew she hated it.  But he wanted to make her think with her heart and not so much her mind.

 

She was fed up.  She wanted this.  She knew she did.  She knew damn well she was ready. 

 

She pulled back and looked at his face.  His eyes were closed and that was the only sign of recognition she had from him.  So, she decided she would MAKE him recognize her.  She plowed her lips against his and immediately forced her tongue inside his mouth. She walked on her tiptoes forcing him to walk backwards to lean on a counter.  She explored his entire mouth with her tongue and doing it quickly yet sensually.  He was fighting hard just to be still. But he couldn't take it.  Finally she got recognized.  He moved his arms and lightly held her hips as he groaned against her mouth.

 

But just as he did the speaker went off. "*Nsync to wardrobe.  *Nsync to wardrobe."

 

Meredith immediately pulled away and whispered, "You need to get dressed."   She was breathing deeply and staring at his swollen lips, knowing if she looked at his eyes, she would fall.  She turned her head, stepped to the door and restated more firmly,  "Yeah, umm, you need to get dressed."  She unlocked and opened the door, then shut it behind her unaware of Justin's radiating smile.

---------------

 

Just as the door clicked shut, Justin was shot back into reality.  He remembered that he had just let Meredith have her way again.  He had a feeling, in this relationship, that she would ALWAYS get her way.  He just wanted to be near her.  He would do everything and anything to make her happy.  But he also knew this really WASNT what she wanted.

 

Justin sighed and stretched his arms across the counter.  He gave himself a good look in the mirror.  The bags under his eyes had decreased.  His blue eyes shone like they never had before. His smile, which he was growing sick of, was becoming brighter.  Meredith had changed him. 

 

He ran a hand over his head and took off his black bandanna as he did this.  His curls were a mess underneath and he chuckled at their craziness. 

 

-To think I use to hate this stuff.  Man, I still do.  I can't believe girls actually LIKE it.  I wonder if Meredith likes it?  Stop it. You have to get dressed. -

 

He was about to get off his clothes and take a shower but he heard the door click shut behind him.  He turned around very slowly and looked at the person who had came in.  His smile immediately shone through. 

 

She was back.  She was ready.  And he was going to give her a run for her money.

 

"Yes?"  Justin questioned dragging the word out.

 

"Umm, I took about 1 minute to realize I was a complete idiot." Meredith said nervously leaning against the closed door.

 

"What are you talking about?"  Justin asked nonchalantly as he pulled off his shirt with one quick move only to leave his skin tight gray wifebeater.

 

"You KNOW what I'm talking about.  And don't try to temp me like that." she gritted through her teeth.

 

He turned away from her and snickered.  "I REALLY have no clue what you are talking about."  He unbuckled his belt and quickly slid it out.  He threw it on the floor and his loose pants fell a few inches on his waist.  Now the rim of his plaid boxers were exposed.

 

She stared at his shoulder blades through the shirt and the rim of his boxers. "I'm ready Justin. I want you. I need you. I have to be in your life.  More than a friend."

 

"OHHH. OK. Whatever..." Justin scratched his head and looked around the room searching for something, not really acting like he cared.  The words didn't mean a thing, for he already knew.

 

"Justin.  I don't think you understand what I am saying."  She was getting fed up.  He could hear it in her voice.  He stopped looking for whatever it was and stared at her.

 

"I think I DO understand.  But let me ask you a few questions first."  She nodded and he slowly crept forward towards her.

 

"So..." He began. "You want to date me?"  She nodded and he continued forward.

 

"You want to be with me?"  She smiled as he got closer and placed his hands beside her head.

 

"You want to be my girlfriend?"  She whispered, "yes."

 

Justin was staring straight into her brown eyes.  He bent his elbows to let himself get closer.  He hovered right above her mouth.  She removed her eyes from his to stare at his perfectly formed lips.  He noticed and tried not to just devour her right there.  He teased her instead.  He brought his tongue out of his mouth and grazed over the top of his upper lip.  He brought the tip of his tongue over his bottom lip and as he brought his tongue back into his mouth, he bit the side his bottom lip with his perfectly white teeth.  Meredith whimpered something inaudible and he about broke down but somehow maintained his composure.

 

"So, you want me to kiss you?"  He whispered an inch from her face.  She looked up at his eyes and back at his lips and groaned, "Oh God, yes."

 

He smiled and closed the gap in-between them.  He gently rested the tip of his lips to hers and mumbled, "Close you eyes."  She obliged and he smiled. 

 

He then did the unexpected.  He moved his head to the side and brushed his lips across her cheek to her ear and whispered, "But like you said before, I have to get dressed."

 

With that he pushed himself from her and the door and pivoted back to face the clothing rack. 

 

Meredith stood in shock.

 

Justin smiled to himself and took both his hands and removed his wifebeater.  He unbuttoned his pants and unzipped his fly.

 

"What, wha.."  She stuttered.  He turned around and stared at her wide-eyed, urging her to continue.  She just gawked at his exposed body and unzipped jeans.  "What are you trying to do?"

 

"What are you talking about?"  With that he kicked off his shoes, dropped his pants and stepped out of them.

 

"OH MY GOSH!  Justin Timberlake, you know EXACTLY what you are doing."  She was pissed off now.

 

"Actually I don't."  He said putting his hands on his hips. Meredith's mouth dropped.  He looked stunning.  She had never in her life seen him or anyone else for that matter look as breathtaking as him.

 

"Justin, you're trying to make me want you.  I do. I already told you that.  I want to be with you. I'm ready for you. I'm in love with you.  Please don't stand there and tease me."

 

"Be patient."  He snickered when she slumped her shoulders and whined.  "Now you know how I felt."

 

"FINE THEN!  You don't want me.  I'll just leave you alone.  GOODBYE!"  She turned to the door and swung it open. She was about to walk out but Justin grabbed her arm.  He turned her around and kicked the door shut.

 

"While your waiting, why don't I give you a little appetizer."  He enveloped his arms behind her and arched her back for her.  Her hands rested on his biceps and she just smiled at him.

 

"You annoy me."

 

"I know."  He took one of his hands and brought it to the back of her head.  He pressed forward and pushed her face against his.  Their lips met and Justin groaned something and it turned into a chuckle.  She smiled and kissed him over and over.  Just light pecks.  After about 5 of them. Justin shook his head and gave her the puppy dog look.

 

"What, you want more?"  He nodded like a little kid and she just closed the gap and titled her head.  She finally wrapped her arms around his neck as the kiss deepened.  Justin pressed her body against his, and passionately kissed her like she was the only girl he ever wanted.  She WAS the only girl he ever wanted.  Slowly Meredith pulled away and looked at him.  He opened his eyes and returned her smile.

 

She stated matter-of-factly, "You know what I just realized?"

 

"What angel?" He asked nuzzling and occasionally kissing her neck.

 

"Every time we make out, one of us is barely clothed.  At the beach we were in bathing suits.  On my bed I was in a robe.  Now you are just in boxers and socks.  Which if I do say so myself is a great look for you.  But I wonder does this mean we can only do this is one of us isn't fully clothed?"

 

He kissed her jawbone, "Meredith, do you REALLY want me to answer?  That's a loaded question."

 

"I guess you are right."

 

Justin brought his head up and looked at her face, memorizing every feature.  "Of course I'm right.  But as much as I would LOVE, and I mean LOVE to just have you in my arms and kiss you for all eternity, I have to take a shower and get dressed.  Cecil, Anna, and Marie will be in here sometime soon and I have to be showered and ready or I'll get bitched out."  Justin made a face.

 

"<Sigh> OK.  But after the concert we will have to be together."  Justin pulled away and headed to the shower.

 

He nodded, "Oh no doubt about it.  I think we shouldn't tell the guys.  I mean we have tricked them SO many times about this.  They wouldn't believe us."

 

"Yeah, lets pretend we are really mad at each other." She did little punching motions towards him and he giggled at her.

 

"All right. Fine with me.  But when we are alone you better be nice."

 

"OH I'll be real nice, Timberfake."

 

"Umm huh, yeah. Sure."

 

"You're hot."

 

Justin laughed, "Excuse me?"

 

"I said you are hot.  You look good without a shirt on.  You look good no matter what.  But you look really good right now."

 

"Well, thank you Miss Willis.  You don't look so bad yourself.  But I do have to go take a shower now.  Bye angel.  And I'll see you at the concert.  You going to be backstage?"

 

She walked towards him and cupped his cheeks. "Maybe.  I guess you will just wait and see."  She gave him a quick kiss, knowing if she held on longer, she would be there for the rest of the night.  She walked to the door and smiled at him as he stepped into the small shower room.  He looked at her one last time and blew her a kiss.  She caught it and stuck it in her pocket. He gave her a questioning look and she shrugged and stepped out of the door.

 

"I'll use it when your up on stage thrusting your hips towards some 13 year old.  It won't make me as jealous."  She flipped her hair off her shoulders and said "Like, totally buh bye." mocking a valley girl as he laughed.  She closed the door and Justin stepped into the shower.  Both never feeling more happy than at that very moment.
Chapter 14 by Mere

Chapter 14

 

"Bye, Bye Byee..."

 

"Thank you Again Charlotte!"  Chris screamed.

 

"We hope you had a great time. We sure did."  Joey flirted with the crowd.

 

Justin pointed to the band. "Let's hear it one more time for the *Nsync band."

 

"Let's hear it for our fans!"  JC spoke as the crowd erupted.

 

"We will see you next time!"  Lance said.

 

The guys departed the stage, grabbed water bottles and towels and jogged to the bus.

 

Chris entered first, then, Lance, JC, Joey, and finally Justin.

 

Chris ran through the bus. "Hey M!"

 

"What up G?"  Lance plopped on one of the couches

 

"Hey Merey!" JC patted her back.

 

Joey kissed her cheek.  "Sup chick?"

 

"Hi."  Justin barely smiled, but winked when the guys weren't looking.

 

"Justin..." Meredith firmly said.  She hadn't even acknowledge the other guys.

 

"Yes, dear?"  He responded sarcastically.

 

"UGH.  You know what?  You can go to hell.  I'm tired of this crap you keep putting me through!"

 

"WHAT?"  Justin acted mad remembering their plan.

 

"Hey, what did you two talk about in J's wardrobe?"  Lance giggled.

 

JC shook his head. "Yeah, we don't want another brawl."

 

"Why not?  They are kinda fun to watch!"  Joey broke open a bag of chips and began eating like he was watching a movie.

 

"Justin, HERE, thinks that since we are such GOOD friends that we should do that friends with benefits thing."  Meredith pointed to him angrily.

 

"WHAT?"  Justin actually was surprised but when Meredith narrowed her eyes even more he got the hint.  "Look, I know you want me!  Just stop denying it.  All that "Like a virgin" BS is not very sexy if you ask me."

 

"WELL if you don't find it sexy then why are you pursuing me??"  Meredith got up in his face.

 

"Because, a boy needs some action every now and then."  Justin shrugged.

 

"I'll give you some action!"  She slapped him across the face causing the people on the bus to stare in shock and a few chuckled.  He touched where she had slapped him very lightly and looked up at her with pain and anger in his eyes.

 

"Back lounge, now."  He stated firmly.

 

"No."  She said snobbishly.  She didn't think she had hit him that hard, but she had, and he was VERY angry.

 

"BACK LOUNGE NOW!!!!"  He roared.  The whole bus stopped.  He stood up still lightly touching his cheek. With his other hand he grabbed her arm forcefully and dragged her into the back lounge with him.  He practically threw her on the couch and looked back over his shoulder.

 

"If you ease-drop you are DEAD!"  He slammed the door.  He turned back to Meredith on the couch.  She was giggling into a pillow.

 

"WHAT THE HELL IS SO DAMN FUNNY?"  He yelled.

 

Through giggles Meredith managed, "Justin...OK...you can.... stop...now."  She looked up at him and noticed his hurt eyes.  She stopped giggling immediately.

 

"J, what's wrong?  I'm sorry. I thought we were just playing."  She watched as he touched his face and paced back and forth in the small amount of space he had.

 

"We were, but then you slapped me.  I can't believe you did that. You...hit me" He quietly sat down on the couch and a tear fell from his eye on the side of his face where she slapped him.  He wiped it away forcefully but winced when he accidentally touched the redden cheek.

 

"Oh my gosh.  I didn't realize I had...ohhhhh." She immediately got up and sat beside him wrapping him in a hug.  She felt awful.

 

"Just get away..." Justin mumbled.

 

She tightened her grip around him. "Nope, you're stuck with me."

 

He finally rested his head on her shoulder.  She took one of his hands and entangled it with hers.  He brought it up to his lips and kissed the top of it.

 

"I guess we got carried away. I shouldn't have yelled at you."

 

"I shouldn't have slapped you."

 

"Will you kiss it and make it better?"  He asked hopefully but seriously.  She lifted his face close to hers and stared into his watery blue orbs.

 

"I'm sorry Justin. I, I cant believe I hurt you.  I love you.  Will you forgive me?"

 

"If you kiss me, I will."  He smirked as she leaned into him.

 

"I can arrange that." She lightly brushed her lips against his redden cheek.  He shifted in pain and she blew on it.  He closed his eyes tightly, trying to rid the sting.  Her warm breath was very soothing to his skin. 

 

"Better?" He just nodded slightly and nuzzled her neck.

 

"Stop...that tickles...stop..." She giggled as he tickled her neck with his breath and soft lips.

 

"I still love you."  He whispered against her skin.

 

"You better."  She laughed.  Just then a muffled voice was heard from the other side of the door.

 

"Justin?  Mere?  You guys OK?"  JC's calming voice called to him.  Justin looked up at Meredith with a pout.

 

"What?" She asked.

 

"No REAL kiss, yet."  He pouted even more.

 

"Oh gosh.." She leaned in a kissed him full on the lips.  She pulled away very slowly bring him with her.

 

"Justin, JC is going to barge in here."  She mumbled against his mouth. 

 

He groaned, "I don't care."  She pulled away finally and stood up.

 

"Come on.  Let's go.  I think the bus has stopped."  She gave him her hands and he reluctantly took them and stood up.

 

"Aight G.  Time to go back to being a bitch."

 

"Hey..." She pushed his shoulder and he smirked. 

 

"This has been one hell of a day, eh?" Justin asked.

 

"You can say that again!" Meredith opened the door and looked at an impatiently waiting JC.

 

"WHAT?"  She rolled her eyes and pushed past him.  Justin mocked her behind her back and followed her out of the bus and into the hotel.

 

------------

"So, we clubbin?" Joey asked.

 

Meredith looked at their tired faces. "I think you boys need your rest."

 

"I think you need to lighten up."  Justin mumbled.

 

"I think you both need to SHUT UP!"  JC sighed tired of their fighting.

 

"Sorry..." Meredith said annoyed.

 

The elevator doors opened to Meredith's floor.

 

"I'll meet you guys up in your hallway in half an hour."

 

"Bye g."  Lance called after her.  She waved without turning around.

 

"Chris you are being quiet."  Joey observed.

 

"Yeah, you know what I think I'm just going to call Danielle tonight and go to bed."

 

"Sure whatever man.  I understand. The flu's a bitch, eh?"  Joey said as he stepped off the elevator that had reached their floor. The rest of the guys followed suit.

 

---------------------------------------

 

"Is the booty coming out?"  Joey smirked.

 

"Oh gosh.  That joke is so old."  Meredith groaned and leaned against JC's shoulder.  She closed her eyes.

 

"Come on girl, don't go to sleep yet.  We aren't even at the club." JC made her sit up straight by wiggling his shoulders.

 

"I'm tired.  Sorry.  I've had a rough day."  The guys nodded their head in understandment. 

 

Meredith looked in front of her at the figure directly across from her.  He was looking out the window intently.  He was dressed in boots, black leather pants, a red shirt, and a black leather jacket.  A whitish bandanna covered his hair. She studied his profile.  His jawline.  His intense stare.  She was in love with him.

 

Meredith was stealing glances at him trying not to be noticed.  Justin was doing the same thing with her. 

 

He had never seen her look this clubish before.  She had on black bootleg stretch pants with her black 3-inch heels.  Her top was a bright blue tight spaghetti strap top that cut short right above her belly button.  Her hair was straight and she had lots of sparkly makeup on. She usually was much more reserved.  But he didn't mind this look. Not. At. All.

 

While stealing glances at each other the rest of the guys were oblivious, caught up in their own conversations.  But Meredith caught Justin glance and she smiled at him.  He gave her a crooked grin back and turned his attention to the conversation the rest of the guys were in.  Soon they were at the club.

 

------------------

Hour and 1/2 later

 

Meredith sat alone in the booth.  Lance had been with her but got carried away by some girl.  She scolded him about Leslie but he reassured her.  Meredith really wasn't paying attention anyway.  All she was focused on was a tall handsome figure near the center of the dance floor, breaking it down and smiling with some skinny, tall, blonde chick.  She knew they were trying to act mad at each other but she was tired of it. She danced with Joey, JC, and Lance at the beginning but that changed. Joey was now dancing with his usual 10 girls.  JC was talking to a girl in some booth in a corner.  Lance was dancing with someone else and Meredith was all alone running her fingers up the side of her glass of water.

 

She loved dancing with Justin.  He was a lot of fun.  They danced all the time over the summer.  They knew each other's moves and it made them look really good on the dance floor.  Meredith sighed and put her chin in her propped up open palm.  She wanted to leave.  She didn't want to just sit there all night.  She decided to motion for one of the guards.  She craned her neck and spotted Dre. She waved at him and he finally took notice and came towards her.

 

"Hey Mere, what is it?" Dre asked.

 

"I'm going back to the hotel.  I just figured I would tell you so you wouldn't spaz."

 

"M, I don't want you going back by yourself."

 

"You need to stay here, I don't want to spoil the guys fun.  I can just get a cab."

 

"I guess its OK."

 

"Hell no it's not OK." Justin sat down beside her on the booth staring at her face.  She closed her eyes turned her head to him.  Meredith looked at Justin and then at Dre.

 

"I'm sorry Dre.  I guess my master doesn't think its that great of an idea."  Dre nodded and walked away.

 

"You were going to leave?"  He asked disappointed.

 

"Yeah."  She took a sip of water.

 

"Why?  We haven't even danced together yet."  Justin pleaded.

 

"Well you've been a little preoccupied."

 

Justin sighed and took her hand.  "That girl was dancing with me to get with Chris.  When she found out he wasn't here, she jetted.  I came straight for you when she did."  They stood up together and walked towards the floor.

 

"Oh so I'm second pick."  Meredith grinned as they entered the dance floor.

 

"No, you're the ONLY pick.  That girl just wouldn't let me go."  Justin and Meredith were now in the middle of the floor.

 

"Hey, I see G is going to give J a little action after all."  Joey yelled from his crowd of girls.

 

"No, that's later on tonight."  Meredith laughed at Joey's shocked expression and looked at Justin who was smiling evilly. 

 

"What?"

 

"Oh, just listening to the music."  Meredith listened and groaned. 

 

"Justin, I'm not going to back my thing up."

 

"You will if I ask you to." He put his hands on her hips and brought her as close as possible to him.

 

"You know, I could sue you for sexual harassment."  She stated seriously.

 

"Not, if you enjoy it."  He whispered into her hair.

 

"Just dance."  She said annoyed.

 

Justin and Meredith danced with only each other for the rest of the night.  Meanwhile Lance had joined JC and his new friend.

 

"Lance, I'd like you to meet Crystal."  Lance sat down at the booth and shook her hand.

 

"Nice to meet you." 

 

“Likewise." She smiled.

 

"Hey JC, Meredith and Justin aren't mad at each other anymore. Look..."

 

Lance pointed to their spot on the dance floor where Justin's arms were loosely around her waist and her arms were slung over his shoulders.  They were just swaying to the music, obviously in some deep conversation.

 

"I don't really think they were fighting to begin with.  Justin isn't the type of guy to ask girls to do the friends with benefits thing, especially Meredith.  I'm not saying he wouldn't WANT to.  He just would never ask."

 

"True, true."  Lance nodded his head.

 

"Ummm, I'm lost."  Crystal chuckled.

 

"Ohh, see Meredith there..." He pointed to her and Justin. "...Got a job for us over the summer.  Her and Justin were always fighting at the beginning but they just one day decided to be best friends and here we are."

 

"They look a little more than friends if you ask me."  She raised an eyebrow.

 

JC nodded. "Yeah, they love each other.  They just, I don't know.  They are weird.  They are still very much in the closet with each other, I guess."

 

"I'm still wondering what they talked about in his wardrobe." Lance put in.

 

On the dance floor....

 

"I wanna li-li-li-lick you from your head to your toes. Then I wanna, move from the bed down to the-down to the-to the floor. Then I wanna, ah, ah, you make it so good I dont wanna leave.  Cause gotta kn-kn-kn-know, wha-what's your fant-ta-ta-syyyy.."

Justin rapped sweetly along with the music into her ear.  Her back was to him and he had his hands lock with hers, resting on her stomach and his arms wrapped around her.  She tilted her head up to look at him.  Meredith took her hand from his and put it to the back of his head to give him a clue as to what she wanted.  He obliged and lowered his head to give her a soft kiss.  They pulled away smiling.  Meredith whispered, "Let's show these people what we can do."

 

At the booth...

 

"Well I believe your worries are over." Crystal turned her attention from the dance floor to the guys at her booth.

 

"What do you mean?"  JC asked taking a sip from his beer.

 

"I think I just saw your two friends kiss.  And look at them now!"  She pointed.

 

Lance and JC turned their attention to Meredith and Justin who were really dirty dancing to Ludakris's "Fantasy".  Meredith had her butt right on Justin's crotch area and she was bent over some with her hands on her thighs.  HE was bent over on top of her back and guiding her hips into him with his hands.

 

"Gosh, he REALLY did unleash the booty."  Lance chuckled with JC.

 

"You know what? For a virgin I think she must take lesson's or something, because you just don't KNOW how to dance like that."  JC shook his had.

 

"Virgin's don't dance like that."  Crystal giggled.

 

"Well, Meredith dances like that, and to my knowledge she IS a virgin."  Lance slumped in his chair and looked at his watch.  "Oh great its already 2:30!"

 

"We gots to go!" JC whined.

 

"Yeah, I nominate YOU to go get them off the dance floor."  Lance pointed at JC.

 

"Fine.  You have to go get Joey."  JC smiled a fake sweet smile.

 

The two guys said goodbye to Crystal and went to go find their friends.

 

Lance found Joey and they went and entered their limo and waited for the rest.  All the while JC pushed his way through the crowd to see Meredith and Justin in the middle of a huge opened circle.  Everyone was watching them break it down to Soul Decision's "Faded."  JC stood in the circle, watched, and smiled at his two friends.

 

"You know what? This is like your theme song for me."  Meredith said as she backed away from him and turned around to stand behind him.  She took her hands and placed them, palm open on his stomach and moved them all the way down as the two grinded to the music.  She got to his waist and the crowd started rooting for her to continue.  She shrugged and moved her hands, slowly, until they were right on his upper thigh, extremely close to, well you know.  Justin immediately stopped dancing and stared down at her hands with wide eyes.  She then pressed down and motioned for him to break it down to the floor.  He did just that, after the shock of her hands being so close to him.  She stepped around him and stood in front of him as he was practically touching the floor.  He worked his way back up stopping only at her exposed stomach to kiss her belly button.  He moved up further and kissed her upper chest.  He continued with her collar, her neck and her jawline singing the song very softly as he went.  "...thinking bout making my move tonight.  I can't pretend that you're only my friend when you're holding my body tight..." They bumped and grinded until the song was over and the crowd surrounding them cheered.  

 

"I tired."  Meredith leaned against Justin's chest.

 

JC came up to them. "Hey you guys, umm great pornography you got going on there."  Meredith glared at him from Justin's chest.

 

Justin nodded with JC. "Dude, did you see what she did with her hands.  I think she is just a little hooch waiting to be born."  Meredith stood up straight and hit him kinda hard on the shoulder.

 

"Ow!"

 

"I resent that Timberfake."  She turned back to JC who was laughing at them.

 

"Oh yeah, Lance and Joey are waiting in the limo.  It's past 2:30."

 

"I guess we should go then."  Justin looked down at her wore out face.  He linked her hand with his and they followed JC out of the club.  Once inside the limo Meredith immediately put her head in Justin's lap and closed her eyes.  He just smiled and ran his fingers through her hair.

 

"I see you and G made up."  Joey smiled evilly, giggling.

 

"Yeah.  We did."  Justin quietly stated.

 

Lance stuttered. "I've seen you guys dance before, but that out there was, well, I'm just glad you too had clothes on."

 

"Step back you dancing kinda close I feel a little poke coming through on you."  Meredith mumbled and pointed to Justin.  She always got a little goofy when she was really worn out. All the guys laughed in surprise and Justin's face got red.  He leaned over and whispered in her ear.

 

"That was embarrassing."

 

"Well, you need to learn to control your body parts when you are dancing, Justin."  She said in her same position.

 

"You annoy me." He mocked her and she tiredly giggled as she blindly reached up and patted his cheek that was no longer red from her slap.  In the process she practically poked out his eye and the whole limo laughed at their antics.

---------

 

"Umm, Mere we are at your floor."  Joey pointed out giggling.  He was still a little buzzed.

 

"Yeah, I'm going up to check on Chris."  Meredith looked over at Justin and smiled.

 

"Oh, well remember to use protection when you're bangin' Justin."  Joey laughed and stumbled out of the elevator to his room.

 

"I can't believe..." Justin started.

 

"Justin babes. It's written all over your face.  You want to screw me."  Meredith laughed and stepped off after JC and Dre, leaving Mike, Justin, and Lance still in the elevator.

 

"That girl better watch herself."  Justin mumbled and walked towards his room.  Meredith was leaning by the doorway, biting her nails.

 

"Don't do that."  Justin quietly said bringing her hand from her mouth with one hand and interlocking it with his.  He unlocking his door with the other hand stepped inside and brought her in with him. 

 

"So what do you want to do?  I mean its like 3.  I kinda need some sleep."  Meredith asked sitting on the edge of the bed and laying back.  Justin walked into the bathroom to wash his face.

 

"I was thinking we could cuddle, make out, whatever..." He snickered as he let the cold water splash across his face.

 

"I had a lot of fun tonight, Justin.  Especially after blondie left."

 

"Blondie has a name, though I seem to have forgotten it."  Justin chuckled and stepped out of the bathroom.

 

"Hey, I wonder if any good movies are on TV."

 

"Why don't you turn on the TV and find out?"  Justin raised an eyebrow at her sprawled across the bed.

 

"I'm too lazy."

 

"You know, I usually find that as a turn off."  He climbed on the bed beside her.

 

"Oh well, your loss."  She turned and rested her head so she was facing Justin.  She smiled tiredly.

 

"Yeah..." He brushed a lock of hair that fell across her face out of the way.  "I'm really glad you were ready."

 

"Me too."

 

He leaned down and brushed his pout with hers.  He stayed there not really kissing her but just letting his lips touch hers with both their eyes closed for a few moments.

 

"Meredith..." He mumbled.

 

"Huh?" She barely made out.

 

"You asleep?"

 

"Yeah, you?"

 

"Yeah.  You going to stay here tonight?"

 

"Why not?"  She smiled and this caused him to do the same.  He giggled and rubbed her nose with his.

 

"Come on sleepy head lets get all snugly under the covers."  He sat up and immediately removed his shirt and pants.  Leaving him only in plaid boxers and a gray wifebeater.

 

"Can I have some clothes to change into?"  She scratched her head tiredly.

 

"Now usually I would try to be all sexy and say "not a chance."  But not tonight.  You've already worn me out with all that dancin'.  What were you trying to do with that little hand thing?"  He smiled fully and threw a white undershirt and pair of UNC boxers at her.

 

"I don't know.  I just did it. Ugh, Tarheels?  No thanks!"  She threw them back at him. 

 

"Fine, I won't give you any boxers."  She immediately got up and grabbed the shorts out of his hands and stormed to the bathroom to change. She changed quickly and washed her face to rid it of the make-up she had on. When she got out, the room was pitch black, she was flooded with memories of the first night she stayed in Justin's room.

 

"If I step on a potato chip again, you..are...dead!"  She accented the last words and blindly made her way to Justin's bed.

 

"Meredith you aren't sleeping with me, I mean we haven't been together for more than 12 hours."

 

"Oh shut up."  She pulled back the covers and slipped into the bed.  Justin immediately wrapped his arms around her and nuzzled her neck.

 

"I'm so happy.  I love you more than I can express."  He whispered against her soft skin.

 

"So, J, are you my boyfriend now?"  She asked turning on her other side to face him.

 

"Do you want me to be?"  She could see his smile in the darkness.

 

"YUP!"  She tickled him under his chin and he giggled a giggle she had never heard.  It was boyish, sweet, cute, pure, amazing.

 

"I love you so much."  She locked her lips to his and he immediately deepened it.  After a few minutes of kissing Justin noticed her not really doing much kissing back.  He pulled away and kissed her forehead.

 

"Goodnight, angel."  He whispered.

 

She mumbled. "Night, love."  Soon they were both asleep in each other's arms

 

------------

"Do you think we should wake them?"  Lance whispered.

 

JC shushed them. "Nah, let them sleep."

 

"Oh I gotta get a picture of this."  Chris pulled out his camera and took a picture

 

Joey smiled evilly; "Do you guys think they had sex?"

 

"NO!" They all yelled in whispers.

 

Chris bent down by Justin's ear. His mouth was inches from his ear and yelled.  "TIME FOR SCHOOL!"  Justin shot up causing Meredith to fall back on the bed with a thump.  She had been lying on his chest.  She groaned and put a pillow over her head.  Justin looked at the faces around the room laughing.

 

"I hate you all."  He mumbled and lay back down on the bed and looked over at Meredith who was hiding under a pillow.  He started laughing.

 

"So, Justin.  You and Meredith eh?"  Joey snickered.

 

"Yes you guys, me and Meredith are FINALLY a couple."  Justin rolled over and wrapped an arm around her, protectively.

 

"No, I bet this is all a trick."  Chris crossed his arms.

 

"Yeah, PROVE IT!" Lance demanded.  Justin smiled and took the pillow off of Meredith's face and she glared at him.

 

"Yeah, doll.  Do you mind morning breath?" He put a piece of fallen hair behind her ear.

 

"No, just get this over with so I can go back to sleep." 

 

"You are so romantic in the morning."  He said sarcastically. 

 

She scooted closer and he leaned down towards her.  He looked back up at all the guys waiting impatiently.  He smiled and turned back down to Meredith. 

 

Justin pressed his lips firmly to hers and she immediately wrapped her arms around his neck.  He deepened the kiss by tilting his head and letting his tongue glide into her mouth.  She moaned and he slowly pulled away and looked at his friends shocked expressions.

 

"I like your face kinda scruffy."  She said running her hand along his unshaven cheek and chin. Justin giggled and threw his legs over the side of the bed.  He stood up and patted his shocked friends' backs as he made his way to the bathroom.

 

"Hey you guys I'm going to take a shower.  Please let Meredith sleep.  She was up late last night and you know how she is if she doesn't get her 9 hours of shut eye."  He closed the bathroom door. 

 

The rest of the guys slowly turned their heads back to Meredith.

 

"Well its about time!"  JC threw up his hands and stormed to the door.

 

"Later G."  Lance said following him.

 

Chris bent down and gave her a noogie, "Aww, our little M is all grown up."  She swatted at him and he turned and left the room. 

 

Joey sat down on the bed and leaned over and kissed her temple.  She opened one eye and he smiled down at her.  "I'm happy for you Mere.  Justin has wanted this for a long time.  He deserves someone as special as you.  We are all very glad you guys finally got your act together."  She opened her other eye and smiled at Joey.  For the first time he had actually said something very sweet and genuine about her relationship with Justin. 

 

"Thank you Joey.  That means a lot."  She smiled and pointed to the door.  "Now OUT! I need my sleep."  He chuckled and left her alone to fall asleep to the gentle sound of the running water and Justin's light singing voice echoing in the shower.

--------

2 1/2 months later, Christmas Day

 

Justin sat on the couch right beside his brother who was devouring his presents.  For the first time Justin felt extremely lonely.  Usually Christmas was his favorite holiday.  He got a break from his work and crazy lifestyle and was able to spend time with his family.  But the one person he wanted to be there wasn't. She had her own family.  He wanted to spend their first Christmas as a couple together.  He needed her beside him.  It wasn't the same.  The Christmas spirit didn't fill him like it usually did.  He tried his best to put on a front for his family.  But he knew he was slowly breaking down with every unwrapped present. 

 

"OH MY GOSH!!  Thank you Justin.  It's the one that I wanted!"  John yelled breaking Justin of his thoughts of Meredith.

 

"I'm glad you like it buddy."  Justin forced a grin and ruffled John's hair as he found another present.

 

"Big J, this one is for you!"  John put it in his brother's face.  His mother quickly snatched the present away and laughed nervously.

 

"Not yet honey.  We are saving that one for later."  She placed it beside her chair.

 

"So, what do you say we go eat?"  Justin sighed.  Maybe food could rid his mind of her.  He really doubted it though.

 

"Great idea."  Lynn stood up and the rest of the family followed her into the kitchen helping set the table.  She couldn't help but smile at her depressed son.  Everything was going to work out great.

 

-------------

Justin massaged his temples as he and his family watched his younger brother attempt to play with one of his many new toys.  He remembered being that young during Christmas.  He wish he could turn back the clock and go back to being that young.  But then again if he was that young, SHE wouldn't be with him.  He was driving himself mad.  He had to get out of here.  He couldn't believe he wanted to just go home and mope instead of being with his family on Christmas.  She had now consumed his world.  Without her, nothing else mattered.  He was completely infatuated with her. 

 

He NEEDED her there.

 

He had promised his mother he would stay at her house all day for Christmas.  She had told him that she knew it was hard.  But he didn't care.  This was a big deal.  He didn't even care what his mother thought.  He was REALLY missing her.

 

"Justin, OK.  I think it is time for your last present."  Lynn said getting up from her perch that had been by the window.  She was smiling secretively.

 

"What is it, mom?"  Justin asked forcing another smile.

 

"You'll see.  Here, open it."  Lynn handed him the box that she had snatched from Jon earlier. Justin ripped it open and carefully removed the top of the box.  He stared at what was inside.

 

"A phone?"  He looked at his mother with a raised eyebrow.

 

"Pick it up, answer it." She smiled brightly.

 

"Umm, OK!"  Justin rolled his eyes wondering what was going on.  He flipped open the cells phone and brought it to his ear.

 

"Hello?"

 

"Well, its about time.  I've been waiting for forever!"  Meredith's voice filled his ears and he immediately started smiling one of the few smiles he had shown all day.

 

He smirked and pretended to be annoyed. "What is this?  I could have called you myself.  Or you could have called me.  You didn't have to buy me ANOTHER phone." 

 

"You are so dense.  But I love you.  This isn't your REAL present J.  Now you must do everything I tell you."

 

"Yes master."

 

"THAT'S what I like to hear. OK, go to the front door."  Justin walked to the front door.

 

"All righty, what next?"

 

"Open the door, blockhead.  Step outside and look in the driveway, your present is waiting. I have to go.  Have a Merry Christmas."  With that she hung up the phone.  He looked at the phone questionably and stared at the wooden door in front of him.  He was confused.

 

So, he did what he was supposed to.  He swung open the door, unaware of his family's happy faces behind him, stepped outside and looked in the driveway.  He opened his mouth in shock and felt his eyes begin to water immediately in joy.

 

Sitting on the hood of her car, with the windows rolled down and her radio blasting *Nsync's "The Only Gift", and a HUGE red bow placed on her head, was Meredith.  She was looking around pretending to look like she didn't notice him and eating a candy cane. 

 

"OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!" Justin yelled with joy and immediately ran towards her.  He stopped right in front of her and picked her up off her car and swung her around in the air laughing and crying with joy.  The bow fell off her head but neither was paying attention.  He placed her back on the ground and immediately wrapped her in his arms and kissed her passionately.  When he pulled away she looked up at him with a big surprised smile.

 

"Well, Merry Christmas to you too!"  Meredith giggled and wiped away the few tears that had escaped from his eyes and continued eating her candy cane.  He leaned down and held her while gently kissing her neck.

 

"I love you.  I can't believe you did this.  I was DYING without you."  He whispered in her ear.

 

"Well let me tell you something, I'm DYING in this sweatshirt.  Which, by the way, sorry I'm not all dressed up.  You know how I am with planes and being comfortable. Anyways, I forgot that it never goes below 65 here.  It's 25 degrees in Carolina.  Can you believe that?"  She stepped away from him and gave a goofy face.

 

He sat on her car and was now eye-level with her. "Shut up. I don't care about the stupid weather!"  He laughed at her when she glared at him.

 

"Did you actually think I could spend Christmas away from my sexy and fun and caring and sweet and cute and wonderful boyfriend?"  She asked as she stretched her arms around his neck and pulled in close to him.

 

"I was seriously thinking about getting on a plane and flying up there.  But you had already done it! I couldn't stand to be away from you on Christmas."  He wrapped his arms around her and brought her as close as possible to him.  He rested his forehead on hers.  And she stuck the last piece of candy cane in his mouth, letting her fingers rest on his lips.

 

She whispered, "I love you."

 

He pushed the candy to one side of his mouth. "I love my present."  He giggled as she leaned in and gently touched his lips with hers, passing the candy back into her mouth.  After a few minutes of just kissing and cuddling and being a couple, Lynn stepped out the front door and called to them.

 

"Hey you two!  Get in here.  And Justin stop hogging her.  We want to see her too!" 

 

"Yes, mother."  He quietly said as he scooped Meredith up in his arms and carried her into his house.  She was laughing hysterically.

 

"Lynn, I think your son thinks he is on baywatch or something.  We got ourselves a Hasselhoff, Jr."  She giggled.  He whispered in her ear.

 

"You could get implants and be Pamela, Jr."  He kissed her earlobe and put her down.  She raised an eyebrow at him and playfully shoved his shoulder.

 

"You annoy me."  She said like she always did to him.

 

"Well, look at that.  How did that get up there?"  Lynn mocked being surprised as she nodded at something above the young couple.  They looked up and saw mistletoe hanging above them.

 

"Mom, that was not there when I went outside."

 

"I know."  She said smugly and brought out her camera.  "Now let me get a picture of yall."

 

Justin groaned at his mother and turned his eyes towards Meredith who was blowing kisses to her "boyfriend," John.

 

"Are you cheating on me?"  He asked her annoyed.

 

"Yup!"  She smiled at John and he ran up to her and hugged her.

 

"I missed you girlfriend.  Even though I saw you last week.  Justin kept talking about how he missed you too."  She hugged him back and looked up at Justin.

 

"Is that so..." She dragged out.  Justin rolled his eyes. He nodded towards the mistletoe and gave his infamous crooked smile.  John ran off to find one of his toys to show her but while he was gone, Justin swept Meredith off her feet and kissed her fully on the mouth.  Lynn snapped a picture before John came up and pushed in-between the two.  Lynn quickly grabbed her younger son's hand and dragged him away.

 

"Honey, let Meredith and Justin be alone."  She pushed him into the den with his new toys.

 

"But mommy..." He whined.

 

She said firmly, "Jonathan."

 

"I know, let Meredith and Justin be alone."  He bowed his head and stomped off to play with his toys.

 

Justin had already led Meredith upstairs into his old room.  It was fairly empty but there were a few posters and things left in there.

 

He immediately began kissing her neck as he walked backwards into the room.  She laughed and asked him, "what are you doin?"

 

"Can I just makeout with you for a while, please?"  He asked boyishly.

 

"I guess.  But I have to give you your present soon.  I don't want to blurt it out by accident."

 

"Well, I'll keep you quiet."  With that he pressed his lips to hers and led her to the bed.  She lay down on her back and Justin crept up over her smiling evilly.  She shook her head and he kissed her lightly on the lips.  Meredith placed her hands on his shoulders as he rested against her body and she opened her mouth a little to let her tongue mingle with his.  Between kisses they would mumble "I love you."
Chapter 15 by Mere

Chapter 15

 

"I want my present!"  Justin whined.

 

"A little impatient aren't we?"  Meredith responded in a motherly tone. 

 

They both sat Indian style on the bed facing each other.  Meredith reached over the side of the bed where she had dropped her bag.  She pulled it on to the bed and placed it in her lap.  She searched through it and gasped.  She looked up at Justin wide-eyed.

 

"I forgot it."  She said stunned.

 

His shoulders slumped and his mouth opened slightly in disappointment, "You're kiddin?"

 

"YUP!"  She smiled and pulled out 2 small presents and a medium sized envelope.  She handed him one of the presents and he looked at her and smiled.  HE immediately ripped open the package.  It was a CD.

 

"OK, before you go crazy.  I know you already have every CD ever made.  But you DONT have this CD.  Believe me, I know, because I made this one myself.  It has all our songs on it.  Some of them are stupid and some have a lot of meaning.  I liked the cover.  Lance actually gave me the idea to make a CD sleeve with pictures of us. I just thought it was something you could keep with you and listen to whenever I'm not around.  I have one too.  I listened to it all this week while I was at home."  She shrugged and shyly looked down at her hands playing with a loose string on the comforter of the bed. 

 

Justin put a finger under her chin and lifted her head.  Her eyes remained turned down.

 

"I know its a little corny but-" Before she could finish Justin's pout was lightly caressing hers.  His hand came up and cupped her cheek.  When he pulled away he looked at her adoringly.

 

"It's perfect.  Hehe, JC told you I wanted this didn't he?"  He chuckled and pulled back a little further.

 

"Yeah, he told me you wished there was a CD of "our songs."  So, I made one."  She smiled at him and put the next present in his lap.  He smiled like a little kid and ripped it open as well.  He found a box and opened the end of it.  He pulled out something wrapped in bubble wrap.  Justin carefully took the bubble wrap off and before even looking at the gift started popping the wrap.

 

"You are such a 10 year old.  Look!"  She pointed at the gift.  He looked at it and immediately smiled.

 

It was a wooden frame that he knew would look great in his bedroom.  The picture was of him and Meredith snuggled up together both fast asleep.  He was on his back with one arm around her shoulders and his hand rested on her side.  She was laying on her other side with her face resting on his shoulder and her hand gently lying on his chest.  His other arm was bent and his hand covered hers on his chest.  It was probably the best picture he had ever seen.  At least to him. 

 

He began laughing and leaned over and kissed her forehead, "I think you are drooling."

 

"Probably so.  With you around it kinda just happens."  She smiled sweetly.

 

"I love this, M.  I really do.  I know exactly where I'm putting it.  Right by my bed."  He ran his fingertips across the frame and set it beside him on top of the CD.

 

"Well...."  He started, eyeing the envelope.

 

"This one?  This one I explain.  I know how you hate it when people put your birthday and Christmas presents together.  But I have to do this, because its a HUGE, GIGANTIC, 'Nothing- can-top-this' birthday present that kinda needs to already to be given for us to be ready when it actually occurs." 

 

"YEAH!"  He put his hands in the air and rooted.

 

She handed him the envelope and he opened it while she talked.  "OK, you know how you have the 2 weeks off around your birthday?"  He nodded and she continued. "Well, we are going on a trip.  Just me and you."

 

He smiled brightly and amazed, "Where?"

 

"Greece, Switzerland, Paris, Hawaii.  In that order."  She looked at him as his mouth dropped open.

 

"I know, it will be a lot of time traveling.  But we will fly to Athens and take a 3-day cruise of the Greek islands that will lead us to Venice.  But we won't be able to stay there.  Maybe have an hour to walk around but we have a train to catch to Switzerland.  What we are doing there is a big surprise.  After maybe 2 days there we go to Paris.  AKA the city of love.  After a few days in Paris we fly to Hawaii and end our vacation."

 

"ARE YOU SERIOUS?"  Justin exclaimed.

 

"Yeah.  Just you and me.  I'm trying to get it so that we don't have security. But no promises yet.  You know how people are in Europe.  But if we do it will be Lonnie.  I've already talked to him and he has agreed."

 

Justin shook his head at the plane tickets and reservations in his hands that he had removed from the envelope.  "No one has ever done anything like this for me before."  He paused still in shock and looked up at her. "Guess what?" 

 

"What?"  She asked.

 

"I love you.  I love you more than anything else.  I love you.  OH, by the way, I love you.  And one more thing, I love you."  He tackled her in a hug and pinned her on to the bed.  He immediately started kissing her lightly.

 

"Did I mention I love you?"  He asked between kisses.

 

"Yeah, several times.  And the feeling is mutual."  She kissed him back and placed her hands on his face and pulled him away.

 

"So you like you gift?"  She asked seriously.

 

He propped himself up on his elbows above her and looked down at her face.  "1st of all, having you come here for Christmas is worth about 100 Christmas presents.  The CD and picture I love.  And I'm utterly speechless about the trip.  It's going to be sooo much fun.  A little romantic raundevue with the only girl I will ever love." 

 

"Good answer."  She nodded her head.

 

"Angel..." He leaned down and nuzzled her neck like he knew she loved.

 

"Yeah..." She whispered.

 

HE brought his mouth to her ear. "You are the most amazing person I have ever met.  I never EVER want to be away from you."

 

"I love you Justin.  You know I always will."  He lifted his head to hover above hers as she finished, "I always have.  From the first day I met you and you were playing basketball.  I remember when I looked into your eyes I got lost.  I've had never felt like that before.  And every time I'm in the same room as you I get that feeling back.  It's something I'll feel until the day I die."

 

"Are you trying to out do me?"  He giggled as he rested his cheek on her chest.

 

She brought a hand up and started massaging his curls. "No, I'm just telling you how I feel."

 

"I think we might need to go downstairs.  I bet my mom thinks that I've taken advantage of you."  Justin sighed against her. 

 

"YOU HAVE!"  She exclaimed, he just laughed with her.

 

After a few minutes she sat up and he was forced to do the same.  "It's Christmas Justin.  Let's go spend it with your family."  She stood up and offered her hands.  He accepted and followed her downstairs; happy that he would be able to spend Christmas with the only person he wanted to.

--------------

 

"So I see you two are still alive."  Lynn said curiously as she watched her son and Meredith come down the steps.

 

"Yeah, we are alive."  Justin mumbled and brought Meredith close to him.  He turned to her; "You want some hot chocolate?"

 

"MMM that sounds good.  Lets go!"  Justin took her hand and led her into the kitchen.  He pulled out the instant packs of hot chocolate and started boiling water.  Meredith leaned on the counter and wrinkled her nose at him.

 

"What?" 

 

"You make it with water?"  She asked almost gagging.

 

"Yeah that's how it says to."  He said pointing to the little packages.

 

"OH my gosh.  I have to teach you a thing or two."  She walked to the fridge and pulled out whipped cream.

 

"MEREDITH!  My family is here, I don't think so."  Justin chuckled.

 

"OH my gosh.  Could you get your mind out of the gutter please?"  She pulled out the milk.

 

"You have any sprinkles or ground cinnamon?"  He walked over to a cabinet and pulled out container of cinnamon.  She smiled and took the two mugs and poured milk into them.  She then walked to the microwave and warmed up the milk for 2 minutes.  He looked at her questionably.

 

"I know what I'm doing.  You can turn off the stove now.  We won't need the water."  She smiled smugly and watched him as he grumbled and turned off the stove.  The microwave buzzer went off and she removed the two coffee mugs with steaming milk in them.  Justin appeared beside her and watched her work.  She poured the cocoa mix in both of the mugs and stirred until they were both perfectly mixed.  She grabbed the whipped cream and shook the can.  Meredith looked up at Justin and he wiggled his eyebrows.  She ignored him and topped the mugs with the whipped cream.  She then sprinkled the cinnamon on the whipped cream and picked up her mug.  She took a sip.

 

Meredith jumped up on the counter. "Mmmmm, now that's good."  She nodded to his mug. "Try it."

 

He cautiously brought the mug to his lips and took a long gulp.  He closed his eyes because the warm liquid felt so good and sweet going down his throat.  He pulled the mug away and sighed.

 

"That's awesome."  He opened his eyes and looked at her laughing face. 

 

"You have whipped cream on your nose, sweetheart."  He crossed his eyes and pushed his lips together, making a goofy face to try to see it.  He brought his hand up to wipe it away but she stopped him.

 

"I'll take care of that."  She leaned down and kissed him on the nose taking the cream with her.

 

She smiled, "All better."

 

"Nope, not quite."  He smirked and placed his mug on the counter.  He stood in front of her and parted her knees.  He stepped in between them and put both hands on the counter beside her hips. She raised an eyebrow.

 

"You have a little whipped cream on your lips."  He whispered inching towards her.

 

"No I don't."  She giggled.

 

"I know, but don't tell anyone."  He crushed his mouth to hers and she immediately sat down her mug.  She wrapped her arms around his shoulders and her legs around his waist.  He leaned in, to get as close as possible to her.

 

She was confused at the way this kiss was different from the rest.

 

Maybe it was the way he tasted like chocolate and whipped cream with a hint of cinnamon.  Maybe it was the fact that he had his hand under her sweatshirt gently running his fingers across the skin of her lower back.  Maybe it was the way his lips were consuming hers.  Maybe it was the way his tongue thrusted seductively throughout her mouth in a set rhythm.  Maybe it was the smell of his cologne that she had become addicted to.  Maybe it was the feel of his tamed, yet soft curls in-between her fingers.  Maybe it was the way he would once in a while mumble something against her mouth.  Maybe it was the holidays.  Maybe it was because she had these feelings she kept trying to push down every time she saw him.  Maybe it was the fact that her desire to make love with him was growing with every second and she was become insanely aware of it.

 

She was losing control.

 

"EWWW.  Justin let her breathe!!" John's voice echoed in the kitchen and through their brains.  Justin stopped mid kiss and slowly pulled away.  He turned to his brother and kept his eyes closed.

 

"Jon, go in the den.  We will be there in a minute. OK?"  John ran back into the den with the rest of the family.

 

Justin sighed and rested his head with his still closed eyes on her shoulder.  After a few minutes of still holding her he spoke.

 

"What did you put in that cocoa?"  He whispered then giggled.

 

She shook her head in shock and stared at the sink on the other side of the room. "Huh?"

 

"Meredith are you OK?"  He lifted his head and rested his forehead against hers.  Her eyes were glassed over and unfocused.  He looked at her and chuckled.

 

"What is it?"  He giggled.

 

"I..I..I just scared myself.  I need to be more careful when I'm with you, that's all."  She blinked a few times and smiled a forced smile at him and scooted over so she could have some room to get off the counter.  Justin quickly stepped in her way.

 

"Something's wrong."  He looked at her with concern.

 

"I'll tell you later OK?"  She kissed him quickly on the lips and jumped off the counter.  She grabbed his hand and pulled him.

 

"Come on.  Your family is waiting."  He sighed and let her drag him into the living room.  She sat down on the couch and Justin sat right beside her staring at her.  She was already in deep conversation with Lynn.  Justin was worried.  Something was bothering her. 

 

-I wonder what is wrong.  Damn, she is beautiful.  Just look at her.  I'm so in love with her. - 

 

Justin smiled to himself and leaned over and kissed her temple.  She turned and smiled at him genuinely and he immediately felt better. 

 

Justin leaned back on the couch and wrapped one arm around her shoulders.  Besides the fact that something was bothering her, he was happy.  Perfectly happy.

 

They spent the rest of the evening talking, listening to Jon tell about and play with his new presents.  Meredith gave Jon and Lynn and a few other family members gifts.  She liked her boyfriend's family.  They were actually still quite normal.  They never treated Justin like he was a superstar.  She loved them for that.  It was exactly what he needed.

 

Soon everyone was singing Christmas carols together. Meredith found out that it was a tradition in their family.  While most everyone crowded around the piano while Lynn played, Meredith sat on the couch snuggled up in Justin's arms.  The two cuddled and sang quietly to each other.  It was in deed a Merry Christmas.

 

-------------

Justin flicked on the light of his kitchen and immediately walked to the refrigerator.  Meredith sat on one of the barstools and watched him as he scanned the frige.

 

"J, I feel bad.  Don't you think you should be with your family right now?" 

 

"Actually, I bet my grandparents are asleep right now.  Mom and dad are in their own world snuggled on the couch.  Jon is in his room playing with his new toys.  So right now I would be with my brother getting tired of him and his Pokemon, or I'd be by myself.  Besides, I have to give you YOUR presents."

 

"AHHH, presents with an S. That's pural."  She smiled and slipped off the barstool and walked over to him still in front of the refrigerator.   She wrapped her arms around him and rested her head on his back.

 

"What are you looking for?" 

 

"Something edible."

 

"Justin we ate like 2 hours ago.  I can't believe you are still hungry."

 

"Well, if someone would have stopped touching my knee and poking me in the side and giving me this smile that makes me melt maybe I would have stopped paying attention to her and ate a little more."  He pulled out a box that had some left over Chinese in it and a can of Pepsi.  He kicked the fridge shut and placed his food on the counter.  He pulled out a plate and dumped the food on it and placed it in the microwave to warm it.  He rolled his eyes and chuckled.

 

"Meredith.."

 

"Yeah.."  She mumbled from his back.

 

"Are you going to stay attached to me like a leech all night?"  He laughed some more when she pulled away.  He turned around and saw her hurt expression.

 

"So I'm a leech is that it?  I cling to you and suck out your life."  The microwave went off and she opened it up and plopped the plate beside him on the counter causing a little of it to spill.

 

He sighed loudly and grabbed her arm before she was able to storm off.  He bent down so he was eye level with her.  His eyes were wide and looking in hers for forgiveness.  "Angel you know that's not what I meant.  It was a little joke.  I'm sorry it hurt you.  Forgive me?" 

 

She slumped her shoulders.  "I'm so stupid.  I know that's not what you think of me, I just, I don't know.  I have a lot on my mind."

 

He picked up a fork and shoved some Chinese food in his mouth.  He swallowed it and took a long gulp of his drink.  "Does this have anything to do with the kiss this afternoon?" 

 

She was shocked.  How did he know?  "What?"

 

"Ever since then you've been kinda weird.  One minute you are distant the next you are all cuddly.  Yeah it was a really intense kiss but, it's not like we were having sex."

 

She stopped breathing and he noticed.

 

"What is it?"  He knew her.  This was weird.  They would always joke about sex but he had never seen her react like this before.

 

"Justin, while we were...I don't want you to get the wrong idea.  I know you wont, but there is always a fear in me of someone trying something on me."

 

"Like Dan."  He said softly placing the plate in the sink.

 

She nodded and repeated him in a whisper.  "Like Dan."

 

"I'm confused, please explain."  He put his large hand on the small of her back and led her into his living room.  She gently sat down on the edge of the plush white couch.  He rested on the glass coffee table directly in front of her.  He grabbed her hands and immediate started playing with them, moving his long fingers in-between hers.

 

"I keep getting these feelings Justin.  Feelings I don't need to have.  Well I guess its OK to have them but I, I kept thinking that one day I might act on them.  And if that happens I don't know if I could stand myself." She looked up at him expectantly.

 

"Keep talking. I don't have a clue what you are saying."  He lightly laughed and continued looking at her worried face.  She was avoiding his face and eyes.  She was chewing on her lip furiously and her eyebrows her merged in worry.

 

"I, well...You see, I umm...gosh.."  She took her hands from Justin and rested her elbows on her knees and ran her hands through her hair.

 

Justin placed his strong hands around her small wrist to stop her.  "Meredith, you can tell me anything.  You KNOW that.  I won't judge you or think any less of you.  Just spit it out!"  He smiled at her.

 

She looked down at carpeted floor below her feet.  She said in a very quiet weak voice, but it was audible. "Justin I keep thinking about wanting to have sex with you and it scares me. It really scares me."

 

He smiled brightly and pressed his lips together so he wouldn't burst with laughter.  She finally looked up at him and shook her head.  "This isn't funny Justin.  Its not that I think it would be bad to do it with you.  I just; I've always promised myself that I would wait.  Wait until my honeymoon.  And I keep getting these feelings like when you were kissing me today and I start thinking that I don't care anymore.  My mind and my body are telling me two completely things and my heart and soul are lost in the mix.  I know its so cliché but, Justin I need you to help me and try not to let me get carried away because, well, I have a feeling I'm not going to be able to control myself much longer."  She sighed and rested against the back of the couch and closed her eyes.

 

Justin smiled at her.  She was amazing.  He didn't know why, she just was.  He got off the coffee table and walked over to the Christmas tree in the corner of the large room.  He studied it.  It was covered in white, gold, and silver ornaments.  It matched the room nicely.  There were only 2 presents under it. All the rest had been given already. Both of them were for her.  He picked up the smallest one and laughed to himself.

 

-This is the PERFECT time to give her this one. - 

 

He turned around and noticed her still lying back on the couch but now she was staring at him. 

 

"I'm sorry Justin.  I know it sounds very trivial, but this is a big deal to me.  I know, I know. I'm just a naive little child."

 

Justin walked back over to the couch. "No, you aren't.  And it's not trivial.  It means a lot to you, so it CAN'T be trivial." He smiled and sat down beside her.  He played with the small present in his hands.  She looked at it and he noticed her looking between the present and his face.  He yawned and tossed the present at her.

 

"UH, thanks!"  She giggled.

 

"I probably shouldn't have thrown that."  He thought out loud and watched her intently as she opened the present.  It was a very small package.  After the paper was discarded she opened the white box to only find a navy velvet one placed snugly in it.  Justin watched her face as it turned from happy to straight shock.  He smiled to himself.  He knew he had gotten her the perfect gift and with her little declaration she had just made, this perfected it even more.  She nervously opened the velvet box and opened her mouth in amazement.  She placed the gift on the coffee table and just stared at it.  Her mouth began to move and Justin smiled at her even more.

 

"I, I, I cant believe.  You, you got me a promise ring."  She said not moving her eyes from the band of platinum in front of her.  It widen on the top of the ring and there was a small diamond cross implanted in it. Justin picked up the box and her eyes moved with it.  He carefully took the ring from the casing with one hand and slowly picked up her left hand with the other.

 

"Angel, this is my promise to you.  This is my promise to one day marry you.  This is my promise to stay by your side and be with you until the end of time.  It's my promise to wait for you.  It's my promise to always love you and only you."  He slid the ring until it hit where her ring finger and hand met. Her eyes were still on the ring. He pulled her hand up to his mouth and kissed the ring feathery.  Her eyes left the ring and met with his.  Two quick tears escaped her watery eyes and she smiled at the man in front of her.  The man she loved.  She took her hand from his and placed both of them on the sides of his face.  She brought herself close to him, so that she was sitting in his lap.  She looked at him with love and passion.

 

"I love you, always."  She locked her lips with his and he wrapped his arms around her.  He pulled away and rested his forehead on hers never parting from her wide-eyes. 

 

"I love you too, angel.  From this day forward." He paused and gave a goofy grin. "For better for worse, in sick-"

 

"Don't start that."  She interrupted him and giggled.  He leaned in for one more sweet kiss and lay back on the couch, bringing her with him. 

 

"I have 1 more gift for you."  She sat up.

 

"Well...."  She looked at him like a little kid. He chuckled and pointed to the tree.  He slung his arm over his eyes, a pure sign he was very tired.

 

"It's under the tree.  It's kinda heavy.  Open it over there and I'll watch your happy expression from here."

 

"You know laziness is a turn off."  She mocked the line he had given her so many times as she walked over to the tree.  She sat down on the floor and pulled the large, heavy present halfway in her lap.  She easily tore off the paper and looked down at the gift.  She smiled amazed and slowly turned her head to look over her shoulder.  Justin was lying on his stomach and had both arms his bent on the armrest.  His fingers were locked together and his chin was resting on his knuckles.  He grinned at her.

 

"I can't believe you got it for me."  She shook her head and turned back down to the gift.  She ripped off the rest of the paper and looked down at the framed photograph in front of her.

 

It was a very large picture of the North Carolinian coast.  The sun was rising over the gentle waves and had casted an eerie glow on everything.  The sky was an odd pink.  The water looked almost gray.  On the white sand were two figures, a male and female sitting in the sand with their backs to the photographer.  They were kissing each other lightly. 

 

The professional photo was called "First Kiss" and the two had seen it in a gallery in New York on the tour. Justin had to literally drag Meredith from it.  She had found out the photographer was in NC to take photos of the sunrise, something he had said was his passion.  He said the couple just happened to be there and perfected the picture.  When Justin had finally looked at the photo with Meredith, they were both thinking the same thing.  But she spoke first and said that it reminded her of their kiss on the beach.  The kiss that changed both their lives forever. 

 

"I love it Justin. I really do."  She said running her hands over the frame, trying her best not to cry again.

 

"I'm glad you like it."  He smiled at her back.  After about 5 minutes, she was still looking at the photo.

 

"Mere, will you come over here and snuggle with me.  I'm about to fall asleep and I want to in your arms.  You can look at the picture all the time, now COME HERE!"  He pointed to himself and smiled triumphantly when she placed the large picture back under the tree and walked towards him.

 

She stood above him as he turned his body on the couch.  Now he was on his back.  He simply spread his arms out and above his body.  He smiled a goofy smile which she shook her head in return and laid down in his arms.  He inhaled her scent and let out a happy sigh as he held her tightly against him.  He kissed the top of her head and mumbled.

 

"This has been the best Christmas.  Thank you for coming home."  He smiled to himself.  " You need to be home with me, alone with me.  Holding me next to the Christmas tree. Kissing under the mistle toe.."  He began singing to her but noticed her heavy breathing and content expression on her face along with her closed eyes.  He smiled and placed his head on the pillow behind him.

 

"Goodnight my angel.  I'll love you forever and ever.  Merry Christmas." He whispered and soon was in a peaceful sleep.
Chapter 16 by Mere

Chapter 16

 

December 31

 

The past 5 days, Meredith and Justin had spent together.  Either at her place or at his.  She had only spent Christmas Night with him and the night before.  But that was because she was helping him take down his Christmas tree and other decorations. 

 

It was 10 o'clock and Meredith was sleeping peacefully in the Guest bedroom.  Everyone knew that Meredith's favorite thing to do was sleep.  Justin knew the fact very well and was getting fed up with sitting on the couch watching TV, waiting for her to get up.  He knew he had a lot to do that day to get everything set up for the huge New Year's party given by Jive in a huge house owned by one of the CEOs of the company.  He needed to be out and about doing stuff by 11:30 and needed to get ready.  So, in order to actually see Meredith and tell her what she needed to do before that evening he needed to get her up.   He had tried 3 times before but didn't have the heart to wake her from her peaceful sleep. 

 

So he called his friends.

 

Justin dialed JC's number and informed him on the situation at hand.  After he hung up the phone, Justin smiled evilly to himself and went to his room to take a shower.

 

------------

Meredith squinted her eyes open.  She thought she heard someone enter her room.  But, when she looked around all she saw was comforter.  She giggled when she realized she was completely submerged under the covers.  She yawned and contemplated getting up.  But she was WAY too comfortable.

 

Suddenly she was consumed by the covers and being lifted and carried off.

 

"HEY!!! What is this?? Justin.  I swear I WILL kill you Timberfake.  Oh my Gosh.  What if I'm being kidnapped?  PUT ME DOWN!"  She screamed and wiggled around.   She felt the blood rush to her head and realized she was upside down.   She tried to rid herself of the covers but it was impossible.  She kept hearing muffled laughs.  Laughs she knew by heart.  But not Justin's laugh.

 

"JOEY FATONE!!!  I know your laugh!!!"  He chuckled and she listened some more.

 

"Chris??  I thought we were buddies!! I cannot believe you.  I hate both of you!"  She yelled and finally gave up. 

 

She heard a door open and running water.  Then she heard JC's voice.

 

"Hey, Justin. Is your pool heated?" 

 

"OH MY GOSH!  JOSHUA CHASEZ I SWEAR YOU ARE FREAKIN DEAD!  IF I GO IN THAT POOL YOU WILL NOT LEAVE THIS PLACE ALIVE!!!!"  She screamed to the person carrying her.  Her voice echoed through the large marble shower walls. Meredith then heard Justin's voice coming from the running water kinda muffled and echoing.

 

"The pool is PERFECTLY warm.  Honey, this is what you get for sleeping in!"  Justin laughed.

 

"I hate you all.  I really do."  She huffed and went limp.

 

"I thought you said you don't use the word hate.  I thought you said it was too strong of a word." Justin's laughing voice came muffled again from the water.

 

"EXACTLY!"  She profoundly said echoing off the walls.

 

The next thing she knew she was moving again.  A door closed and the sound of water dissipated.  She started bumping on JC's shoulder.  She was going down the steps.  After about a minute, another door was opened and Meredith could tell she was outside by the sound of birds and insects. 

 

"Meredith, we love you.  But we have to do this. Justin's orders."  Chris said.

 

She was thrown and suddenly was soaking wet and splashing around in a very cool pool. 

 

-Yeah, real heated Justin-

 

She submerged and gasped for air, finally removing herself from the comforter.  She swam to the steps of the pool to see 3 laughing faces.  She was EXTREMLY mad. 

 

Then Justin ran outside only in sweatpants that hung low at his waist.  His curls were lightly towel dried and his torso was a little damp.  Meredith tried not to smile but it came anyway.  She couldn't help but gawk at her boyfriend. 

 

-I must be THE luckiest girl alive.  LOOK at him.  Oh my goshhhhh.  Defiantly doable.  SHUT UP! -

 

He began laughing at the sight of her wet clothes sticking to her body.  That broke the spell Justin had over her.

 

She saw JC and Chris at the edge of the pool laughing hysterically, oblivious to her approaching body.  It didn't take much for her to push them in.  Once they were shocked and in the water she made her way to Joey.  She ringed out her hair and gave him an incredible sexy grin.  She stuck out her chest making him fully aware of her.  But he didn't realize she was backing him to the edge.  Before any of the other guys got out a, "Watch out Joe!"  she had pushed him in with her other kidnappers.  She crossed her arms over her stomach and smiled smugly at them.  She heard a distinctive laugh from a few feet away and turned to him.

 

Justin put his hands in front of him and stepped back as she moved to him. "No, Meredith! I just got out of the shower!"

 

"I know.  I just want to give you a good morning kiss."  She smiled sweetly and approached him.

 

He bent down staying away from her body and kissed her gently on the lips. She brought her arms around his neck and he backed away.

 

"I don't want to smell like chlorine, angel."  He said firmly.  She pouted something she RARELY did and he of course gave in. 

 

"But you DO look good in those clingy wet pjs." He gave her his infamous sexy half smile and stepped forward.

 

He wrapped his arms around her wet body and she moved her hands up from his chiseled chest to his shoulders and to the back of his neck.  She massaged his neck like she knew he loved and kissed him roughly.  She was trying to be a seductress, and was succeeding.  She wrapped her legs around his and Justin took this as a notion to be lifted.  He lifted her up and she straddled the front of his waist as he put his arms under her for support.  She kissed him as forcefully as she could.  He was oblivious to the screams of "GOOO JUSTIN!!!!"  and "YOU ARE GETTING NEAR THE EDGE!" Meredith did hear and pulled away bring his top lip with her and finally releasing it.

 

"Good morning Justin."  She said monotone and put all her weight on the direction of him.  He couldn't balance himself and fell backwards into the pool.  Meredith was already wet so she didn't care.  She swam fast out of the pool and grabbed a towel from the bathhouse.  As she wrapped herself in the towel, she sprinted back into the house and ran upstairs.  She immediately ran into Justin's shower.  The water was already warm so she discarded her clothes and got in.  She smiled at how she had gotten her boys back.  That will teach them.

 

After about five minutes of standing under the water she turned to look at all of Justin's products.  She didn't even know half of the shampoo and hair stuff he had. 

 

-Cant he have just like normal pert plus or something-

 

Just as she thought that, something was thrown at her.  She looked at it and saw it was a bikini.

 

"What?" She said looking at it then heard Justin's voice.

 

"Put it on.  WE have to take a shower TOGETHER!  JC is in the bath house shower.  Joey is in the Guest Bedroom one, and Chris is still playing in the pool like the 5-year-old he is.  I have to, M.  I gotta go pick up my clothes in an hour and tell you all the details about today. I don't have time to play around."

 

"Whatever...." She mumbled and put on the bathing suit.  "OK."

 

Justin peeked behind the marble wall that separated the shower with the rest of the bathroom.  He smiled and she glared at him.

 

"You know I should be the one glaring at YOU!"  He stepped further in the shower and immediately picked up a bottle of...something.

 

"I'm pissed off at you, J. I can't believe you let them do that.  I was fully awake by the time they picked me up off my bed."  She said annoyed.  She watched him as he started massaging his hair with some product.

 

-Why does he have to look so good? -

 

"Well, that was quite rude to throw me in the pool after I JUST showered."  He pushed her out of the way and got under the running water to wash out the stuff.

 

-Good, now I can't see her and be tempted. -

 

"What can I say? Payback is a bitch.  By the way.  What should I use?  I'm use to NORMAL shampoo."  She looked at him.  He wiped the water from his eyes and looked around his shower.  He picked up a bottle and handed it to her.  She looked at the bottle and was unable to even read it.  It was in French.

 

"What is this?  If this is hair dye I swear I will kill you Timberfake."  She said snobbishly.  He groaned and rolled his eyes.  He turned his back to her and finished taking his shower quickly.  She had put the French stuff reluctantly in her hair and rinsed it out.  When she opened her eyes she saw Justin, leaning against the marble wall, staring at her, adoringly.  She frowned and glared.

 

"What, is my hair blonde now, or something?" 

 

"No, no.  It's was shampoo.  I just am admiring my girlfriend all wet and sexy in the shower."  He smiled sexily and she groaned and turned around.

 

"Anyways, do you have any conditioner?  Normal conditioner."  She said looking at all the products.  Justin came up behind her and wrapped one arm around her, bringing her back to his body and resting his hand firmly on her exposed stomach. He reached with the other in front of her and picked up a bottle. 

 

"I'll do this for you."  He squeezed the substance in one hand in front of her body.  She leaned back against his bare chest and smiled.  Yeah, he could be a pain, like this morning.  But she loved him.  She would ALWAYS love him.  He brought the stuff to her hair and started massaging it into her scalp and throughout her hair.  She groaned as his long fingers and strong hands ran through her hair.

 

"I like the way this stuff smells."  He whispered in her ear.  He pushed her a little so she stood under the running water and he helped the water get to all the places as he lifted and tilted her head.  He smiled at her tightly closed eyes.  When he was done he pulled her back out of the water and wrapped her in a hug.

 

"I'm sorry about this morning.  But I'm glad I got to take a shower with you.  We should do this again sometime."  He snickered and kissed her wet cheek.

 

"I'm sorry I pushed you in, actually I'm not sorry.  It was a whole lot of fun kissing you.  And I'm glad you put on swim shorts before coming in here and actually giving me a bathing suit.  That was thoughtful.  Of course, I do see you pick out the skimpiest one I have."  She faked smiled and left the shower, patting his shoulder on her way.  She picked up a towel and started drying herself off.  Justin followed her actions and smiled grandly at her wrapped snugly in a white towel.

 

"A boy can dream cant he.  Why don't you ever wear the bikini, anyway?"

 

"Because I feel like a slut in it.  By the way, how did it get here?"  She said stepping out of the bathroom and entering his bedroom.  She looked around.  The big sleigh bed was so tempting.  She hadn't slept in it yet.  She had slept on his couches in the living room and game room and in the Guest bedroom bed, but never in his bed.  She shrugged off the thought when he spoke.

 

"I stole it from your house in case of emergency.  Like if you came over and we wanted to go swimming.  I know you would NEVER want to skinny dip so I just figured I would get one of your bathing suits for you."

 

"Oh, and of course being the kind, yet perverted Justin that you are, you picked the one that shows the most skin."  She smiled snugly and left his room to enter the guest bedroom and put on some more suitable clothes.

---------

 

Justin pressed in the code to the downstairs door of Meredith's apartment building.  The door unlocked and he stepped inside the building.  He walked up the steps and came to her door.  He smiled to himself before knocking.

 

-I wonder what she is wearing.  Oh I cannot WAIT to see her. -

 

Ms. Grenard interrupted his thoughts. "Hello, dear!"

 

"JUSTINNN!" Samantha ran up and hugged his leg.

 

"Hi.  How are you two doing?"  Justin said returning the little girls hug.

 

"Oh just fine.  We are going back to her parents house for a New Year's eve party."  Ms. Grenard spoke kindly.

 

"Yeahhh.  You look nice Justy.  Are you going to a party?  Is Mere going with you?"  Samantha asked wide-eyed.

 

"Yes, Sam.  I'm going to a party and Meredith is my date."  Justin made a funny face and she giggled.

 

"I think she really likes you.  She baby-sitted me one time and there were a lot of pictures of you and her in her house." She brought her hand to Justin's ear and cupped her mouth.  She whispered.  "There was one of you kissing her."  She erupted into giggles and Ms. Grenard grabbed her granddaughter's hand.

 

"Come on, dear.  Justin has things to do and we need to get you back."

 

"OK.  Bye Justy.  Happy New Year."  Samantha waved and followed her grandmother out of the apartment.  Justin smiled. 

 

-That girl is too cute. -

 

He knocked on the door and heard a muffled voice.

 

"It's unlocked, J."

 

He opened the door and stepped into her apartment.  He looked around but didn't see her.  Justin quietly walked to her bedroom and saw her in her bathroom applying a bit of mascara.  He leaned against the frame and stared at the girl he was in love with. 

 

She had on a tight black skirt that cut off above her knees and had random patches of leather and velvet on it.  Her top was a sexy black leather tube top and she had on a black shoulder shirt.  Her feet were clad with high rectangle heels with silver mirror beads on the black straps over the toe and ankle.  One strap curved over her foot and it sparkled in the light.    Her olive skin had something on it, glitter, it glowed and sparkled. A thick, yet simple onyx and silver necklace hung highly on her neck.  Her hair was very, very curly and brushed against her shoulders.  Her brown eyes shone through the smoky eyeshadow.  Her lips were glossed over in a natural but different purplish color.  Justin thought there was one word to describe her.

 

All out, SEXY.

 

"You look, DAMNNNNNN FINE!"  Justin said still against the doorframe. 

 

She turned around and her eyes went wide at his appearance.  He had on black shoes, tight black leather pants, a white silvery shirt and a long black leather jacket.  His hair was tamed and shorter than usual. And the curls had no gel in them so they were still soft.

 

She turned off the bathroom light and walked towards him.  She stopped when they were a foot apart.

 

"You look...I cant even describe it.  Just...umh...I lovvvee you."  She strained the word love and made a goofy face.  He giggled and gently placed his hands on her shoulders.

 

"Can I kiss you?"  He asked leaning down, staring into her eyes.

 

"You don't have to ask that Justin.  You ARE my boyfriend, remember?"  She smiled fully and he smiled back.

 

"Yeah, sometimes I think that it's just a dream, that I don't really have you."  He cocked his head to one side, bit his bottom lip and leaned closer.

 

"Just kiss me already."  Meredith stepped closer and their lips met.  Justin wrapped his arms around her and arched her back.  He leaned over her and deepened the kiss, but she pulled away.

 

"What?"  He asked still centimeters away from her lips.

 

"I don't want to have to re-do my lip stick and we need to go.  We are already late."  She leaned in for one more sweet kiss and stepped away from him.  Meredith held out her hand and he took it.  She walked into her living room and grabbed her purse and headed to the door.

 

"You know what? We match, perfectly, with the leather and all."  Justin said looking at himself and then her.

 

"Yeah, but we don't need the clothes for that."  She smiled sweetly and they walked out of her apartment.

 

"I saw Sam and Ms. Grenard before I knocked."  He said swinging her arm with his as their hands were locked together.

 

"Oh really?  What were those two party animals up to?"  She laughed quietly.

 

"Well, They were going to their own little party.  Sam told me she thought you had a crush on me.  She said she saw lots of pictures of us in your house and that she saw one of us kissing."  He whispered in a little kid's voice.

 

Meredith giggled and kissed his cheek.  "She's right! I do have a crush on you."  She smiled and he turned and kissed her lightly on the lips.

 

"You have lipstick on your cheek, sweetie."  She rubbed it off and he opened the car door for her.

 

"Thanks.  My lady..." He motioned grandly at his car and helped her into his Roadster. Once she was in, he shut the door and jogged past the front of his car and into the driver's seat.

 

"This is going to be a fun night."  She said looking out of the car.

 

Justin turned on to the highway. "Yeah, I wish we could put the top down, but I don't want your perfect curls to mess up.  I really, REALLY like your hair like that."

 

"MY perfect curls?   What about yours?"  She giggled and ruffled his hair.

 

"Heyyyyy.."  He swatted her away.

 

"You got a hair cut didn't you?"

 

"You noticed!"  He said surprised.

 

"Well, I take notice when the 'fro is under control.  Besides it's not really an afro any more.  It's a little short.  But I'll still call it an afro."  She smiled smugly as he groaned.

 

"I did not, and do not have an afro."

 

"Oh really?  Do NOT make me break out the photos from the end of the summer.  That thing was like 4 inches.  Ch-Ch-Ch-Chia."  She grinned and turned up the radio.

 

He gave her a look that said 'don't touch MY radio' and began singing along.

 

"Since when did you start listening to soft rock stations?"  Meredith giggled and it turned into a laughing frenzy as soon as she saw the look of disbelief on Justin's face.

 

"This is a good song right here!  Don't crack!"  He pointed to the radio as Sting's "Field's of Gold" filled the speakers.

 

She let the gentle music take over her senses and mind and she hadn't even realized they had parked, and Justin had got out and opened her door until he spoke.  "You gonna sit here, or come in with me?"

 

She smiled sheepishly and put her hand in his letting him pull her out of the car.  They were at a huge white mansion with limos and luxurious cars a lined on the curb and circle driveway of the house.

 

Justin and her walked up the driveway and towards the front door.  She squeezed his hand tighter.  This was her first big executive meeting and she was quite nervous.  Justin looked over at her and smiled, reassuring her confidence just a bit. 

 

The door swung open and Justin was immediately put into his charming meet and greet attitude.  "Why Justin, so good of you to make it."  Said an older looking man with a tux on.

 

"Why thank you Mr. Suzas, it was so kind of you to invite us."

 

"Sure, sure.  Who is this beautiful woman you have with you?"  The man motioned to Meredith who was halfway hiding behind Justin.

 

Justin pulled her out in front of him.  "Oh this is Meredith Willis.  She's Nsync's personal assistant.  She's also my girlfriend."  Justin winked at her.  "Meredith this is Mr. Suzas."  Meredith timidly shook hands with the older man.  "He is the Vice President of Jive records."

 

Meredith's brown eyes immediately widen. 

 

"We are going to go on in and mingle a bit.  Bye Mr. Suzas."  Justin charmingly said.

 

"All right, you two have fun.  Good meeting you Miss Willis."  He called after them.

 

Before she got a chance to say anything else Justin had pulled her through the foyer.  "Wow, this is a NICE house."  Meredith breathed in awe of the crystal chandeliers and exquisite paintings.

 

"Yeah, ohh I see JC." Meredith allowed Justin to pull her through a crowded living room towards a corner where JC, Joey and a girl she had never seen were standing.

 

"Hey guys, whoa M, you look FINE!"  JC said in shock, as he looked her up and down.

 

Meredith blushed and hugged JC.  "So do you."

 

He motioned to a short, plain, yet elegant looking girl beside him.  "Meredith this is Rachel, my date."

 

Meredith smiled and greeted the girl.  She was kinda shy and very quiet, but seemed very nice.  Joey swung his glass of champagne through the air.  "MEREY!! Looking TOO Good."  He hugged her side, pulling her away from Justin, who shot him a look.  "If Justin gives you any problems you come STRIAGHT to me!  I'll handle it."

 

Justin pulled Meredith back to him.  "In that outfit, she'll be giving me problems.  And Joe, its not even 10 yet, lay off the alcohol for a while, bud."  Justin chuckled as Joey waved him off as a flock of girls passed by, and he of course followed them.

 

Meredith giggled at his antics and wrapped her arm around her boyfriend and snuggled to him close, as they began mingle and party into the New Year.

 

--------------------------

Meredith and Justin were on the dance floor grinding away, like normal.  They had been there for about an hour just dancing and having fun.  Then Justin got a tap on his shoulder.

 

"Yes?"  Justin turned his head but kept his smiling eyes on the girl in front of him, Meredith.

 

"Justin, I've been at this party all night and you haven't even spoken to me."  A country squeak came from behind him.  He turned fully around and smiled.

 

"Hey, Brit.  How's it going?"  He gave her a short hug and moved out of the way so he could introduce the two girls.

 

"Is this her?"  Britney asked looking at Justin but pointing to Meredith.  Meredith looked confused but just shrugged it off.  Justin simply nodded. 

 

"Oh my gosh.  Whenever I speak to Justin, all he does is talk about you, and how much he wants me to meet you.  I'm Britney Spears."  Britney stuck out her hand and Meredith took it.

 

-Duh, I know who you are.  Who doesn't? -

 

"I'm Meredith. It's great to finally meet you."  Meredith smiled almost surprised that her outfit actually covered her body.

 

-Shut up.  Be nice. -

 

"Same here.  Justin told me-" She got interrupted.

 

"HEY GUYS!!  Ten minutes until the REAL millennium."  Chris ran up and shouted to the 3 people.  "Oh hey Brit."

 

"Hi, Chris.  How are you?"  Britney asked.

 

"Great, great. Joey was looking for you earlier.  He wants to dance with you, I think."

 

"Oh gosh.  Well I better go see if I can find him.  Bye Guys.  Great meeting you Meredith."

 

"You too, Britney."  With that Britney walked away.

 

"So, I see you guys have been breaking it down as usual."  Chris commented as Justin pulled Meredith in front of him and wrapped his arms around her.

 

"Yeah, you know us."  Justin kissed her temple.

 

"Hey, J. I'm going to go request a song.  I'll be right back."  Meredith pulled away.

 

"What are you going to request?"  Justin shouted after her.

 

"It's a surprise."  She winked and turned to walk away.

 

A few minutes later she returned and smiled brightly at Chris and Justin who were in the middle of some conversation.

 

"Well?"  Justin asked.  She just smiled and started giggling.  Then the DJ's voice came over the speakers.

 

"WE have a special, last request before the ball drops.  It's to J from his Angel.  This goes back a few years, but it is a GREAT one to dance to."

 

Just then the sounds of an electric guitar came on and a beat with Blackstreet talking in the background filled the room.

 

"I LOVE THIS SONG!"  Justin opened his mouth excited.

 

"I know."  Meredith started walking to him and he gave her a sexy grin back as the rock remix to Blackstreet's "If you need a fix" blasted in the speakers.  She poked at his chest and wrapped her arms around his neck.  He slung one arm around her waist and rested the other on her hip.  He two started dancing extremely close to each other.  They were getting stares and whistles from whoever was around.  Meredith caught Britney pointing at her and yelling.

 

"She dancing better than ME.  And I do it for a living!"

 

Meredith just smiled and turned around so her back faced Justin.  Lance who was nearby yelled.

 

"OH NO!  He's going to unleash it!"  The *Nsync guys laughed while everyone else was clueless.  They all started chanting "Go BOOTY, Go Booty, go go, Go Booty."  Meredith rolled her eyes and started moving her waist and hips to the music as everyone stood in shock.  Except for those who had seen it before and were cheering at the couple in the middle of the dance floor.

 

"Sorry folks, we gotta stop the music to tell you all that we have 1 more minute until the year 2001" The DJ announced.

 

Cheers and yells came from all throughout the house.  Justin stopped dancing and turned Meredith around so that she was facing him. 

 

"Well, the last minute of 2000 is upon us."  He said grandly bending down close to her face.

 

"You are so cheesy." Meredith shook her head at his puppy dogface.  "Justin..."

 

He came as close as possible to her lips without touching them.  "Mmm huh?"

 

Meredith wrapped her arms around his neck and he arched her back with his hand.  She whispered against his mouth.  "Your not supposed to kiss me until 12:00."

 

He smiled and moved his mouth to her ear, kissing it softly. "11:59, 12:00.  Its all the same."

 

In the background the countdown was at 15.... then 10.  Justin kissed Meredith's lower neck at 10 making a trail of kisses up to her jawline as every number was said.

 

"5...." He whispered and kissed her cheek.

 

"4..." He kissed her nose.

 

"3..." He kissed her chin.

 

"2..." He kissed the side of her mouth.  And pulled away to look at her face.

 

"1...HAPPY NEW YEAR!"  Just as that was said, Justin pressed his mouth against hers in a very sensual kiss.  He pressed his body firmly against hers and explored her mouth with his tongue.  She could only mumbled against his mouth.

 

The music had started back up and everyone was oblivious to the two making out on the middle of the dance floor because they were busy celebrating the New Year.

 

Meredith and Justin had moved away from the dance floor and to a set of large steps that led to the upstairs.  Justin pulled away and took her hand, leading her up the stairs.  They passed a few couples, mostly who were drunk.  But they didn't care. 

 

Justin knocked on a door and cracked it open.  He saw it was empty and pulled Meredith inside.  He slammed the door shut behind them by pressing his body against hers and pinning her between the door and him.  He devoured her mouth.  He left no spot of it untouched by his own.  Meredith clawed at his back and pulled up on his shirt, untucking it from his pants.  He quickly picked her up to where her legs were wrapped around his torso.  She began to unbutton his shirt, fast. 

 

Justin moved over to the large bed in the room and laid her down on it, crawling on top of her and shrugging off his shirt in the process.  He kissed her forcefully then pulled back. She grabbed his wifebeater and pulled it over his head. He licked her lips with his tongue then pushed his tongue past her lips and back into her mouth.  She clawed his shoulders with her fingernails and broke the skin a few times as he thrusted his tongue back and forth into her mouth.  Justin groaned against her mouth when she did this. 

 

Meredith pushed her body up off the bed and he rolled over on his back bringing her with him.  She straddled his stomach; both of her knees were bent by his sides.  She never parted with his lips as she pulled off her shoulder shirt.  Her hands then moved to his hair.  She ran her fingers roughly through his curls and as she consumed his lips. Every now and then she would pull at his hair causing him to whimper.

 

Justin's hand rested on her back and found the zipper to leather top.  He slowly unzipped it as Meredith kissed her way down his neck and to his chest. The tube top fell into one long piece of leather just lying between Meredith and Justin.  His hands ran through her curly brown hair and massaged her head as she practically made out with his defined chest.  She sat up on his stomach and took the undone leather top from his bare chest and threw it over her shoulder. 

 

But then she stopped.

 

She slowly brought her hand down to her side and stared at Justin.  He stared right back at her.

 

He was lying still on the bed with just his pants on.  His shoes had been kicked off and his hands were now resting on her butt.  His lips were pinkish from the kissing and her lipstick, and slightly opened, breathing deeply.  His chest, which shone in the dim light from his own sweat and her saliva quickly, heaved up and down.  His once tamed and short curls stuck out in every direction.

 

She was no better.  She still had on her sparkly shoes.  All of both of her legs were exposed as her skirt was bunched up around her waist.  It had rode up and now stopped right above her belly button.  Her black underwear was showing underneath her.  Her top was only adorned with a black tube bra than hung low and heaved up and down with her breathing. It was in desperate need of being pulled up before too much was shown.  Her once curly hair had falling limp from his touch.  And her lipstick was no longer in existence but her lips were extremely red and swollen.  They were a lot poutier than usual and she was trying to catch her breath as best as she could.

 

Finally Justin spoke.

 

"Whoa..." He said in a low voice his eyes widening even more.  She just simply nodded.  He let out a long breath.  Justin closed his eyes and took his hands from her to run his fingers through his wild hair.  Meredith sat there on his stomach, still stunned.

 

"Come here..." Justin finally, said pulling her down on top of him.  Her cheek rested on his sticky chest and she closed her eyes.

 

"We were REAL close there, J."  She whispered against him.

 

"I know.  TOO close." 

 

"I told you I wouldn't be able to control myself."  She quietly giggled.

 

"No, I think it was those 2 1/2 glasses of Champaign I had earlier."

 

She rolled her eyes. "I think it is our attraction to one another."

 

Justin sighed, shook his head and pushed her off of his chest.  "No, Meredith. I'm supposed to be able to control myself.  This got way out of hand.  God, I'm so sorry.  I wish I could just respect your wishes and control my feelings and emotions.  But sometimes they overwhelm me and I don't know what to do. I'm so so so very sorry."  He looked at her for forgiveness and she looked away at the comforter.

 

"Justin...I'm NOT sorry.  And I'm NOT fighting with you.  I don't need an apology.  We stopped ourselves.  That shows that we can do this.  We CAN control ourselves.  If we weren't able to, you and me, well, we wouldn't be talking right now."  She snickered and leaned back down on his chest.  "You'd be rockin' my world right about now, baby."  She tried not to laugh but it came anyway.  Soon he was chuckling right along with her.

 

"Happy New Year Justin."  Meredith said moving her head and kissing him sweetly on the lips.  She pulled away and he sighed happily.

 

"Happy New Year, angel."  He pushed his head off the pillow and pressed his lips quickly to hers and sat up on the bed.  "We need to get dressed.  I don't want anyone to come up here and get any ideas, especially Joey."

 

Meredith laughed and pushed herself off the bed and pulled up on her bra.  She grabbed their clothes and threw his at him.  They quickly dressed and stood up facing each other.  He took both of her hands and brought them to his lips.  He kissed them and led her to the door.

 

"If anyone asks..." Justin spoke.

 

"...We were just TALKING."  Meredith finished laughing.

 

The couple walked downstairs hand in hand.  No one noticed them.  But soon JC approached them with Rachel in his arms.

 

"Hey you two.  Where did you run off?  And Meredith wasn't your hair curly?"  He slurred a bit, obviously he had been drinking like most of the people there.

 

"Oh well we were upstairs...talking." Meredith looked at Justin and he leaned down and kissed her.

 

"Oh yeah, sure.  You guys are ALWAYS "Talking"."  He made the quotation symbol with his hands and busted into giggles. 

 

"We are going to head home.  That OK?"  Justin looked at Meredith and she nodded.

 

"Well, have fun."  JC and Rachel walked away.

 

Meredith and Justin made their way out of the house, thanking the owner and stopping to say goodbye to Britney and Chris who they saw on their way.

 

Meredith leaned on Justin's shoulder as they walked to his car.  They got there and he opened the door for her.

 

"Let's put the top down.  My hair is already a mess, so it won't matter."

 

"Alrighty."  He shut her door and got in on his side.  Justin pushed a button and the top popped open and folded behind them.  Meredith stretched and put on her seatbelt as Justin pulled off the curb.  He turned on his radio and increased the volume.  Meredith slid down in her seat and closed her eyes as Justin's voice and Richard Marx's “Now and Forever” filled her ears

 

Minutes later, Justin looked over at Meredith breathing heavily with her eyes closed, smiling.  He sighed and grinned as he turned off the highway and on to the long deserted road that led to his house.
Chapter 17 by Mere

Chapter 17

 

Justin turned off his car and pressed a button on his rear-view mirror.  The garage door responded and closed behind him.  He smiled, amused by the neat little car feature.  He opened his car door and stood up.  Stretching his muscles, he yawned.  He turned and looked at the girl knocked out in his car.  He walked over to her side of the car and unbuckled her seatbelt.  He picked her up, without even opening the door.

 

"mhhhnnn..." Meredith groaned and wrapped her arms around his neck and snuggled her head on his shoulder.

 

"Sorry."  He whispered and kissed her forehead.  She smiled weakly and sighed. 

 

Justin took the keys that were in his hand, and blindly fiddled with them to get the right key in the lock.  He WAS carrying a person and all.  He entered his house and closed the door behind him.

 

He subcontiously pressed a button on the security panel.  Something that he HAD to do, for his own safety. 

 

Meredith was breathing heavily against Justin's shoulder as he walked up the steps.  She had fallen back to sleep.  Justin entered his bedroom and didn't bother turning on the light.  He walked over to the comfy chair beside the window and set her down in it.  She immediately awoke but slumped her shoulders.  The moonlight coming through the windows casted and eerie and romantic glow on her back. 

 

Justin walked to his closet and turned on the light.  After a few moments the Florissant lights flashed on and he hung up his leather jacket.  He kicked off his shoes as he unbuttoned his shiny shirt.  He hung that up as well.  His belt and pants followed and he turned off the light to the closet.  He walked back into his bedroom and saw Meredith slumped over the chair, completely asleep.  He snickered at her position.  He knew it must have been uncomfortable.  He picked up one foot and pulled off his sock and repeated with the other foot.  He pulled his wifebeater over his head and tossed it on the floor. 

 

Justin tossed the extra pillows of the bed on the floor, on the other side of his huge sleigh bed and pulled back the covers.  He turned around and faced Meredith.  She was somehow awake but her eyes were glassed over and droopy and they focused on nothing. 

 

Justin walked over to her and offered his hands.  When she didn't accept he pulled her up and forced her to stand on her feet.  She let out a whimper and finally met Justin's intense eyes.  She barely smiled.

 

He stepped behind her and pulled off her shoulder shirt.  He unzipped her tube top and grinned when he thought of the events that had occurred earlier.  He looked down at her skirt and searched for the zipper.  He found it on the side and slid it down her hip.  He unclasped the hidden hook and watched as the skirt fell to the floor.

 

He stepped back and looked at her. She was only in her black tube bra and underwear, and she still had on her shoes.  She was so beautiful to him.  He was thankful they were so tired, because if not, things would definitely get out of hand.

 

He pushed her towards the bed and sat her down on the edge.  He kneeled down and fidgeted with the straps of her shoes.  He finally removed both of them and slowly stood up in front of her.  Justin towered over her and she looked up at him with tired eyes.

 

"Ready for bed?"  Justin asked.

 

"Yeah..." Meredith dragged out.  He sat down beside her and pushed himself back farther on the bed.  He now sat behind her.  Justin wrapped his arms around her and kissed her exposed shoulders making his way to her neck. 

 

He mumbled against her skin, "I love you."  She shuddered at his touch.

 

She unknowingly to him, smiled and whispered, "I love you in those gray boxer-briefs."

 

He opened his mouth in shock.  Half because she said that and the other half because she actually was conscious.

 

"Come here, you little rascal."  He grabbed her around the waist and pulled her back on the bed with him, while she let out a quiet squeal.  He quickly grabbed the covers and pulled them up over both of them. Justin immediately returned his arms around Meredith who leaned her back against his chest.  They both giggled at the sight of each other.  They were completely covered by the sheets, except for their heads that stuck out and rested on the pillows.

 

"You know, I've been wanting to sleep in this bed, ever since I saw it."  She mumbled.

 

"You know, I've wanted you to sleep in this bed, ever since I saw you."  He giggled and nuzzled her neck.  She rolled her eyes and turned around in his arms so she faced him.  She looked at him adoringly and studied his face.  She brought up a hand and touched his eyebrows, cheeks, nose, lips.

 

"I love you." She said pressing her forehead against his.

 

"And I love you."  He softly touched his velvet lips against hers and let them linger there for a few moments before pulling away and pressing his body against hers.

 

"Goodnight, angel." Justin closed his eyes.

 

Meredith rested her head on his chest and looked at their intertwined fingers lying on his stomach.  She smiled and whispered, "Goodnight, my J."

 

--------------------

"OH MY GOSH!" 

 

"Shhhhhh" JC quieted Joey's surprised expression.

 

"Look at them.  They are sleeping in the same bed in their underwear.  I didn't think they would ever get to this point.  I'm proud of our little curly boy."  Joey said in a whispered tone from the doorway of Justin's bedroom.

 

"Joey, get your mind out of the gutter for once.  I doubt they had sex."  Just then, some one in the bed began to move and Joey and JC made a dash behind the Japanese screen in the corner of the bedroom.

 

Meredith stretched her arms above her head and yawned.  When she realized where she was and how comfortable she was, she smiled like a kid and turned her head to look at the other person in the bed with her.  She began to giggle at the sight of him.

 

Justin was sleeping on his side with one hand resting on the pillow.  His mouth was slightly open and was drooling. A light snore came from deep within him and his curls...Oh his curls.  They were shorter because of the hair cut.  But they still were wild.  Meredith tried to contain her laughter but it was no use.  Shortly after she began laughing, Justin yawned and wiped his mouth before stretching.  He brought his arms back down and reached for Meredith, but when she backed away he opened his eyes. 

 

"Can't I get a kiss?"  Justin asked in a groggy voice.

 

"I guess."  Meredith leaned down and kissed him fully on the lips.  They both pulled away and looked at each other.

 

At the same time they pointed to each other.  "Morning breath."

 

"I don't have morning breath, you do!"  Meredith said matter of factly.

 

"Oh pulease, everyone has morning breath.  It IS morning."  Meredith laughed at his attempt to be smart.

 

"You think that's funny.  I'll show you what's funny..." Justin immediately began to tickle Meredith.  She squirmed and giggled and tried to tell him to stop between laughter, but it was no use.  Finally, she got some strength to stop him.

 

She pushed him off her and straddled his waist.  She took his wrist and pinned them with her hands above his head.  Her face hovered above his.  He looked at her with a curious grin.

 

"My, my, my. Lately you've grown a thing for straddling me."  Justin smiled a sexy smile.

 

Joey mouthed to JC.  "Told ya!"

 

"Justin, last night was my first time I did that to you."  Meredith grinned back closing the gap between his lips and hers.

 

JC looked at Joey, shocked.

 

Justin chuckled. "Yeahhhh, it was felt goooooood too. Didn't it?"  He briefly kissed her mouth.

 

Meredith leaned back and released his hands.  She started moving on his waist and singing.

 

"Ride it, Ride it, Ride it, Giddy Up!"  They both laughed and Justin broke into another song as Meredith "rode" him.

 

"If you wanna fly

Come and take ride

Take a space ride

With the cowboy baby...

 

They both fell into a fit of giggles as Meredith lay down beside him and snuggled to his chest.

 

"I KNEW IT!  How was it G?  Was your first time screwin' good?"  Joey yelled coming from behind the screen.

 

"JOEY!!"  JC yelled, appearing also.

 

Meredith and Justin looked at the two impostors and then at each other.  Justin winked and Meredith got the drift.

 

"Joey, he was soooooo amazing.  OH my gosh, like, total king of sex right here."  Meredith pointed to Justin as she looked at Joey.  Joey did some dance as JC's mouth dropped open.

 

"Meredith, you didn't!!!"  JC exclaimed almost upset.

 

"JC, we did.  She was good too.  REAL good."  Justin started kissing her neck.

 

"Well, I'm pretty proud of them, what do you say C?"  Joey patted JC's back.

 

JC mumbled, "I don't know."

 

"I'm proud of J here.  4 orgasm's in a row, Joey.  4!!  He knows how to work his body the right way."  Meredith looked at Justin who had snuck under the covers to muffle his laughter.

 

"Justin, my GOD!!!  4???  What were you trying to do?  Wear her out the first time?"  Joey asked astonished.

 

"What can I say?"  Justin appeared from the covers.  "She asked for it, and I gave it.  She likes it rough, don't ya baby?"  Justin and Meredith looked at each other, their faces were beginning to turn red from containing the laughter but they managed to just briefly kiss instead.

 

"OK, I can't take this anymore." JC covered his ears.

 

Meredith chuckled on Justin's lips and pulled away. "I cant take it either, haven't you guys learned anything from me and Justin??"  Meredith laughed her heart out into Justin's chest.

 

"What?"  They looked up confused.

 

"We are just kidding, guys.  We didn't have sex.  Meredith didn't have one single orgasm.  She doesn't like it rough, well not that I know of.  We just slept in the same bed, THAT'S ALL!"  Justin shook his head almost ashamed that his friends had fallen for it again.

 

"I hate you guys..." Joey mumbled.

 

"Well, Chris and Dani, and Lance and Leslie, are going to be here in 30 to watch the game."  JC said walking out of the room a little embarrassed with Joey in toe.

 

Once they left Meredith turned to Justin. "How did they get in here?"

 

"They know the security codes and if you know certain codes you can get in the house without a key.  But I think I'm going to change them.  Someday they might interrupt something."

 

"Like what?"  Meredith asked eagerly.

 

"I don't know, you tell me Miss 4 Orgasm's.  I might be good.  But not THAT good.  Don't get your hopes up Angel, I'd hate to disappoint you."  Justin gave a sly grin.

 

"Save it for the 'bopper's J."  She climbed out of bed and immediately when she stood up she fell back on the bed.

 

"This bed is WAY too comfortable."

 

"Yeah, its great to sleep in."  Justin whispered in her ear, "Especially with you."  He kissed her temple and ran to the bathroom.

 

"SHOWER FIRST!"  HE yelled and laughed as Meredith groaned into the covers of the bed.

---------

 

“TOUCHDOWN!! That's 13 to 7 BABY!"  Chris screamed.

 

Justin looked in shock at the TV. "NOOOOOOOOO!!!!"

 

“AHH HAAA! GO PACKERS, GO PACKERS!"  JC did a little dance from his seat on the couch.

 

Dani glared at Chris. "PACKER'S SUCK!"  He gave her a sarcastic smile and turned to give JC a high five.

 

"YEAH, they just got lucky."  Lance mumbled looking at his girlfriend.

 

Leslie kissed him and smirked. "NO, the Titan's are just pansies."

 

"Damn, look at them cheerleaders." Joey groaned at the TV.

 

"Oh gosh....."  Meredith threw a pillow at Joey.

 

Justin's game room was packed with drinks and snacks, while the eager friends were split into teams.  Dani, Lance, Justin, and Joey were pulling for the Tennessee Titans.  Whereas Leslie, Meredith, JC, and Chris were rooting the Green Bay Packers.  On one couch JC was still doing his dance.  Beside him, Meredith snickered as Justin sulked in embarrassment and disappointment for his hometown team.  In front of them, on the floor, Chris and Dani sat Indian style throwing back insults to each other about the other ones team.  Lance and Leslie snuggled on the plush loveseat, not really caring much about the game.  And Joey sat by himself, on the edge on a recliner, grinning at the Cheerleaders appearing on the screen.  They cut to a commercial and Joey relaxed in the chair with a sigh.

 

"Could that pout stick out any further?"  Meredith poked at her boyfriend's side.

 

"Actually, it can.  This sucks!"  Justin said in a huff, crossing his arms over his stomach.

 

Meredith got really close to his face.  "It's almost half-time, sweetie.  Anything can happen." She paused and he looked at her sweetly before leaning in for a kiss.  "But.... the Packers are GOING to win."  She pulled away before their lips touched.

 

Justin sat up and looked at her with a confident grin.  "Wanna make a bet?"

 

"What kind of bet?" She inquired.

 

Justin smiled brightly. "If Titan's win, you have to do something for me; if Packers win, I do something for you."

 

"All right...but first; what will I have to do?" She lowered her voice in question.

 

Justin kissed her sweetly on the lips and gave her a sexy grin.  "YOU will have to wear that skimpy bikini with ME in the shower."

 

"OH no...." Meredith sighed.

 

Justin reassured her, "But if Packers win...."

 

She thought for a while and a big smile came to her face.  "If Packers win, that big sleigh bed is ALL mine, and ONLY mine, for one night.  And in the morning, YOU will serve me breakfast in bed.  NOT cereal.  I'm talking, eggs, bacon, grits, the whole sha-bang!"

 

"All right.  But what's the fun of my bed, if I'm not in it?"

 

"Grow up..." She groaned as Justin put his arm around her shoulders only to be jerked away when the Titan's ran 50 yards for a touchdown.

 

"Any body want anything to drink? We ran out I think." Meredith looked around the room.

 

"Yeah, get me a beer." Chris piped up.

 

Leslie stated. "Pepsi, for me please." 

 

"Anyone else?"  Meredith questioned and was answered by heads shaking back and forth.

 

Meredith stood up and stepped around the couch towards the door.  A hand caught her wrist and she turned around to see Justin's face smiling up at her, upside down.  He had his head leaning on the top of the couch's pillow.

 

"Hmm?"  She questioned.

 

"Can you get me a kiss?"  He said in a kid's tone.

 

Meredith shook her head and leaned closer to him.  "But you'll miss the game."

 

Justin put his other hand at the back of her head and brought her closer to his face.  "I don't care..."

 

When Meredith and Justin's lips met the rest of the world faded away.  The screams for the Titans third touchdown yelled throughout the room.  But both of them were oblivious.  Justin's tongue glided slowly back into her mouth one more time before he removed his hand from the back of her head and she pulled away slightly, bringing his top lip with her.

 

"Wow..." He whispered against her lips.

 

"Yeah, we should kiss upside down more often."  She smiled and gave him one last peck before pulling away and leaving the room.

 

"JUSTIN!  Did you see that interception?"  Joey plopped down into Meredith's empty seat and stared at Justin's dazed face.

 

"What?"  He asked finally snapping out of it.

 

"The interception. The touchdown.  IT WAS GREAT!  WE ARE AHEAD!"  Joey said ecstatic.

 

"Oh. Wow.  I guess I was a little preoccupied." Justin stretched his head not caring about the game anymore.

 

"Yeah, he and Meredith were "talking"."  Lance looked at Leslie and giggled.

 

Justin rolled his eyes. "Oh shut up.  You and Les have been making out the whole game."

 

---------------------------

Justin strolled into the kitchen, wondering what was taking Meredith so long.  He saw her with her hands rested firmly on the counter and her arms stretched out.  Her head was bowed and he was very curious as to what she was doing.

 

He walked up to her and put his arms around her.  She jumped, then relaxed.

 

"What cha doin?"  Justin rested his chin on her head.

 

"Thinking."  She said without emotion.  Justin noticed and pulled away.  He turned her around and looked at her questionably.

 

"What's wrong?"  He said full of concern.

 

Her eyes met him and they stared into each others soul for a few minutes before Meredith turned her head to the side and concentrated on the hardwood floor of the kitchen.

 

"Nothing.", she whispered.

 

Justin rolled his eyes. "Oh pulease, don't give me that.  I KNOW when something is bothering you. You get this look in your eyes."

 

"Aren't you missing the game?"  She turned around, changing the subject.

 

"It's half-time.  And don't try to change the subject.  What's...wrong?"  He accented the last sentence clearly.

 

Her toned raised and almost shouted at him as she turned to face him. "I just have a lot on my mind, OK?"

 

Justin was a little offended. "Why don't you share it with me."  Justin offered leaning on the counter across from her, and crossing his arms over his chest.

 

"I..ummm..nevermind..." She stuttered.  He pushed himself off the counter and held her upper arms firmly.  Justin bent down so they were eye level.

 

"TELL ME."  He said sternly.

 

She sighed and looked into his eyes, finally giving in.  "I don't deserve you."

 

"What?"  Justin asked confused.

 

"I don't deserve you.  I have never in my life done anything to deserve someone as perfect as you.  It frightens me to know that you could have your choice of anyone you want and somehow you are here with me."

 

"First of all I am NOT perfect.  We BOTH know that.  And second, why am I with you? Maybe, I uhh, let me think.  Oh yes, I know.  Could it be because I love you?"  Justin asked serious but with a joking manner.

 

"No Justin.  You could do so much better than me.  I know you probably just feel sorry for me because of Dan.  And it is so wrong of me to expect you to really care about me when you have girls throwing themselves at you, every minute.  I mean, you could have Britney Spears.  You could have Jennifer Aniston.  You could have Janet Jackson. You could have anyone you wanted.  And you probably do..."

 

"YOU THINK I'M CHEATING ON YOU??"  Justin screamed, utterly shocked.

 

"No, no.  I just...I DONT KNOW JUSTIN.  I just don't know!"   A tear fell from her eye and Justin watched it as it ran to her chin and dripped on her shirt and was absorbed.  He was more confused than he had ever been in his life.

 

"What is going on with you?"  He whispered staring at the spot on her shirt that was quickly fading.

 

"I need time to think.  Give me today.  I'll call you tomorrow."  She brushed past him and grabbed her keys off the hook in the kitchen.  She walked to the door and looked back.  He looked at her in complete shock.  He had NO clue what her problem was.  She shrugged and opened the door and closed it.

 

-What the HELL just happened!!!-

 

--------------------------------------

Leslie parked her Honda Civic outside of Meredith's apartment and walked up the sidewalk to the front door.  Noticing the security panel she pressed Meredith's apartment number to be entered in the building.  After about 3 minutes and 15 pushes on the button, Meredith's voice still had not came over the intercom.  Leslie looked around and checked again to see if Meredith's car was there, and saw it parked in its usual place.  She figured her and Justin went to do something, but she was going to call and make sure.

 

"Meredith?"  Justin's voice asked hopefully.

 

Leslie chuckled. "No, Justin. It's Leslie.  She not with you?"

 

"No she's not.  She promised me she would call today and she hasn't.  Leslie she REALLY confused me yesterday.  I was just about to go over and check on her."  She could tell he was worried.

 

"Beat ya to it, buddy.  Her and me were going to hit the after Christmas sales and she told me to either call or just come over.  I tried calling but never got to her, so here I am."

 

"Oh.  Good.  So she is OK?"  He asked sighing.

 

Leslie laughed a bit. "No Justin.  I'm STUCK out of her apartment building.  She won't answer the intercom."

 

"The code is 82649.  I'm worried about her.  This is not like her.  Get up there, now!" HE demanded.

 

She rolled her eyes and walked into the apartment building. "Yes sir.  So, what did she say yesterday again?  She didn't deserve you?"

 

"Yeah, it was SO weird.  She has NEVER been like that before."

 

"OK, so I'm knocking on the door and ringing the doorbell.  There is no answer." Leslie made sure she was at the right door by looking at the number beside the doorway again.

 

She heard something slam on the other end and figured it was Justin's fist. "Dammit."

 

"Calm down Justin."  Leslie said softly

 

"I CANT!!  My girlfriend is missing and I'm SORRY that that bothers me! ARRGGGHH."  He let out a cry of frustration.

 

"I know I know!  I'm sorry. What do you want me to do?"

 

Justin thought for a while and got an idea. "Go to apartment 203. Ms. Grenard is Meredith neighbor and she has a spare key.  Tell her you are talking to me.  If she doesn't believe you, but she probably will, just give her the phone, and let me talk to her." 

 

He was talking at about 100 words per second and Leslie was going to make a smart comment to him, but decided against it since he was already riled up.

 

Leslie walked the short distance. "OK, knocking now."

 

A few moments later a short elderly woman opened the door and smiled.  "Yes?"

 

"Hi, I'm Leslie, one of Meredith's friends.  And she is not answering her door.  I have Justin on the phone here.  He said you have a spare key."

 

Ms. Grenard nodded. "Oh sure, honey.  Let me go get it.  Tell Justin I said hello."  She went into another room to get the key.

 

"She says hello."  Leslie chuckled into the phone but stopped when she noticed Justin was not laughing.

 

Ms. Grenard re-appeared and handed her the key. "Here you are."

 

"Thank you so much!"  Leslie smiled brightly and walked back to Meredith's door.

 

Ms. Grenard smiled and closed her door.  "Sure thing."

 

"So..." Justin dragged out, impatiently.

 

"So, hold your horses.  I gotta get the key in the lock, boy."  A few moments later Justin heard a horrified gasped in his ear.

 

He asked confused. "Les?" 

 

"Leslie?"  He said more firmly and worried. 

 

After a few moments of pure silence and torture, Leslie's voice demanded over the phone line.

 

"Justin get over here NOW!"

 

-------------------------------

Justin sprinted up to the building and frantically pressed the security code. He entered the building, and ran up the stairs.  It usually took 15 to 20 minutes from his house to hers, but he had managed to go about 90mph in a 65.

 

He got to her door and didn't even bother knocking.  Justin swung the door open; Leslie had left it unlocked. 

 

He stopped abruptly.

 

Shattered glass was everywhere on the hardwood floor of her living room.  Smashed picture frames were strewn about the room.  Pictures that were torned and burned covered the place.  His eyes searched the room.  When the door shut behind him, he jumped in freight. Something glimmered in the light and he bent down to the floor to pick up a rather large piece of glass.  He noticed a picture beside it.  It was one of two small children not any older than 8.  He recognized Meredith, but not the other kid.  He studied the young boy's hair and smile.  He knew.

 

It was Dan. 

 

He scanned the other pictures he could see.  Most of them that were torn and burn, in fact all of the pictures, were of Dan.

 

He rested his eyes on the jagged glass in his hand and noticed something on it.  Something Red.  His eyed got big as he notice a drop of blood on the floor in front of him.  A few feet away was another one.

 

He stood up and followed the trail, until he hit the white carpeted floor of the hallway that led to her bedroom.  He noticed about 5 splotches on blood that stood out like an elephant in a crowd on the carpet. He was scared before.  But now, he was terrified.

 

"Meredith?? Leslie??"  He said weakly but loud.

 

"In here."  Leslie's voice called from Meredith's bedroom.

 

He slowly walked to the doorway not wanting to see what or who was in there.  He stopped in front of the doorway and only after about a minute did he get enough courage to turn and see.

 

When he did, his breathing stopped.  His heart stopped.  He stopped. 

 

Meredith sat in the corner of her dark room that was getting darker as the evening approached.  She had on sweatpants and a sports bra.  Her hair was stringy and looked like a giant knot.  Her arms had bruises and scrapes on them.  Her knees were pulled up against her and she was rocking herself back and forth.  She was humming to herself, but he didn't know the tune.  Her head was buried into her knees and he couldn't see her face.  He was glad for that, because he was scared as to what expression it might hold.  In her hand he saw a photo.  She was clutching it, as if it were her last breath. 

 

Something was terribly wrong.

 

Leslie pushed herself off Meredith's bed and walked over to Justin, who was still not breathing and was starring at Meredith's shadowy figure.

 

"I came in and there she was.  I tried talking but she just kept humming, over and over again.  I tried to touch her but she pulled away from me.  I didn't know what to do, so..." Leslie stopped not knowing what else to say.

 

Justin caught his breath finally and exhaled loudly.  He had to be strong.  "Thanks Leslie.  Can you leave us alone for a while?"

 

"Sure, I'll go clean up the mess outside." Leslie tried to give a reassuring smile, but it never came.  She left the room and closed the door quietly behind her.

 

Justin walked carefully over to Meredith and looked down at her rocking form. He knelt down in front of her and gently touched her arm.

 

"Meredith.." He whispered.  She backed away from his touch and stopped rocking.  She looked up at him and Justin wasn't prepared to see her face.  Her face was white, ghostly white.  Salty tears soaked her cheeks and her eyes were glassy and blood-shot. 

 

He touched her face and wiped away the wetness, but this only caused more tears to come.  She tried to pull away but he got closer and laid a firm hand on her shoulder.  She finally gave in.

 

But not the giving in that Justin hoped for.

 

She pinned him on the ground with her body and roughly forced her mouth onto his.  He didn't protest at first, but then her hand started unbuckling his pants.  She broke from the kiss and concentrated on his beltbuckle and fly of his jeans.  Justin grabbed her wrist and shook his head.

 

"What are you doing" He whispered softly.

 

"Don't you want this?"  She asked scared.  He noticed and tilted his head to her and gave her a confused expression.  He was about to speak but she started fidgeting with her trembling hands and mumbling.

 

"I have to give you what you want.  I have to.  You might die if I don't.  I have to.  I have to.  You might die.  You want this, I have to do what you want or you might die.  You can't die.  I need you, Dan.  You can't die."  Her breath was deep and staggered.

 

Justin placed his hands around hers to stop their trembling and brought them to his mouth.  He kissed them softly and whispered.

 

"I'm not Dan. It's J, Meredith.  It's Justin. Your Angel, remember?"  He looked at her with wide eyes trying to get her to look at him.

 

Slowly her head moved upward.  Her eyes finally met his and one fat tear ran down her cheek.  He took his hand and cupped the side of her face, wiping the tear away with his thumb.

 

"Justin?"  She asked in a child-like voice, but one that was filled with pain.

 

"Yeah, it's me."  He smiled at her and she began sobbing uncontrollably.  He wrapped his arms around her small frame and she rested her head on his chest and grabbed the front of his shirt, twisting it in her anger, hurt, pain, and love.  After a few moments Justin could feel the wetness penetrate through his shirt, undershirt, and onto his skin.  She must have been crying a flood to make that happen.

 

He ran his hand up and down her back, trying to calm her.  He rocked their bodies back and forth in a peaceful manner, but she kept sobbing.  Finally he resorted to the thing he knew best.

 

Singing. 

 

"When the vision around you

Bring tears to your eyes

And all that surrounds you

Are secrets and lies

I'll be your strength

I'll give you hope

Keeping you faith when it's gone

The one you should call

Was standing here all along

 

And I will take you in my arms

And hold you right where you belong

Till the day my life is through

This I promise you

This I promise you….

 

When he finished he noticed Meredith wasn't sobbing anymore and her hands weren't clutching his shirt.  Slowly she brought her hands up and put her arms around his neck.  She rested her head on his shoulder and whispered in his ear.

 

"That was beautiful, you're beautiful."

 

"So are you."

 

Chapter 18 by Mere

Chapter 18

 

Justin and Meredith held each other for a while.  He didn't know what had happen.  But something had triggered her memory of Dan.  Something or someone.  He just hoped it wasn't him and their little fight they had the day before.

 

"Meredith?"

 

"Yeah.."  She whispered.

 

"Do you want to tell me what happened?"

 

"No."

 

"OK.  Do you want to take a shower, it will make you feel better."  Justin looked down at her face that was studying his.  She simply nodded and he smiled, glad she had finally stopped crying.

 

Justin stood up and picked Meredith up at the same time.  She was standing on her feet but leaning on him heavily.

 

"Are you sure you can walk?"

 

"Yeah, I can make it."  She softly said.

 

They got to the bathroom and Meredith slumped down on to the toilet seat in a daze.  Justin rolled the shower door over and adjusted the water to a nice warm temperature.  He turned and looked at her.  She was staring at him, he knew a question was on her mind.

 

"What?"

 

"Will..will you...ummm.."  She stuttered but for some reason he knew what she was asking.

 

He smiled and stood her up on her feet. "Of course."

 

Justin untied the drawstring to her sweatpants and loosened him.  He pulled them down and she stepped out of them herself, but still in a daze.  Justin removed his shirt and wifebeater and kicked off his shoes and socks.  He remembered something and walked the short distance to the sink.

 

Justin opened a drawer and took out 2 orange bottles.  He filled a glass beside the sink with water and took out the amount of dosage she would need.  He turned and handed her the glass and the pills.  She took them without arguing and handed him back the glass.  He sat it on the sink and immediately removed his belt and followed with his pants, leaving both of them only in their underwear.

 

He looked at her again and she was staring off into space.  Justin took Meredith's hands and stepped into the shower.  He pulled her in with him and closed the shower door behind him.  He stood her under the water and watched as she closed her eyes at the feel of the warm water falling on her.  Once her whole body was wet he took her shampoo and squirted a reasonable amount in his hand.  Justin scrubbed the shampoo into her hair and massaged her head with his fingers as she moved her head to allow him to reach all the places.  When he was done she tilted her head back and let the water remove all the shampoo.  Justin did the same thing with the conditioner.

 

After he was done with that he took the white shower puff hanging on the showerhead and removed it.  As he squeezed some body wash on the puff he looked at her with a smile and she returned it. He was happy; her medicine was starting to work.

 

"I'm sorry."  She said.

 

"Don't be."  He simply stated and brought the puff to her shoulder.

 

"My doctor told me 3 weeks ago I could stop the medicine.  I hadn't had any since then.  I was doing fine, Justin.  I was doing just fine. And then yesterday, I don't know what happened."

 

"Was it something I said in the kitchen, before you left?"  Justin asked cautiously brushing the puff over her stomach.

 

"NO, no.  I went into the kitchen to get those drinks and I saw a post-it note on the fridge that said "Call Brit."  Now I know you wouldn't cheat on me, but for some reason I started thinking of what if, you know?  What if you were?  What would I do?  I would go crazy. So when you came in there I was not thinking straight and I exploded."

 

"Oh.  What does this have to do with Dan?  I saw all the pictures."  Justin said quietly.

 

"Well, I was driving home and feeling like a complete idiot for going off on you.  I was about to call you. And my cell phone rang...."  Meredith eyes drifted from Justin's attentive face to his collar.  She couldn't look at him anymore.

 

"Who was it?"

 

No answer.

 

"Meredith..Who was it?" 

 

"Dan's mom."

 

"Ohhhhh.  What did she say?"

 

"She was just wondering how I was doing.  She got the number from my parents and decided to call me.  I never told you, but, umm, she was like a second mom to me.  I would always talk to her about boys.  Mom was such a dork about it and my sister always picked on me.  And Dan, well, Dan was a boy so I didn't want to talk to him.  She really gave me some good advice.  Anyway, she was just calling to say hello.  And it really touched me and hurt me and I don't know.  It was the first time I had talked to her since the funeral really and it just reminded me too much of him, I guess.  So I kinda went crazy.  It was just one of those days when I wanted to break stuff, as Fred Durst says."

 

Meredith let out a sigh and finally looked back up at Justin who was giving her a comforting smile.  She smiled back and leaned her forehead against his chest.  He wrapped his arms around her back and moved the puff along her back at the same time.  But then she jumped.

 

"OWWWW."  She yelped, tears forming in her eyes.

 

"What is it?"  Justin asked eagerly.

 

"The soap.  It stings."  She brought her wrist up in the air and Justin finally noticed the huge scrapes and cut on her arms.  He had been so caught up in her face that he hadn't noticed how beat up her body was.  Justin brought her wrist up to his lips and kissed the long scrape feathery.

 

"Hurt anywhere else?"  He smiled like a little boy.  Meredith didn't realized what he was insinuating and actually answered him.

 

"My eyes hurt like hell.  From the crying I guess." 

 

Justin brought his face close to hers and whispered, "Close your eyes, then."  She obliged and he placed gentle kisses on both of her eyelids.  He pulled away and noticed a long scrap on her neck.

 

"There's a scrape on your neck."  Justin brushed his soft lips across her neck and she titled her head to the side in ecstasy.  She loved it when he would kiss her there.

 

Justin moved his lips up her neck and sucked on her jawbone a bit, causing her to lightly moan in pleasure.  His lips brushed her cheek and he whispered on her skin.

 

"Anywhere else?"

 

She turned her head towards him and they were centimeters apart.  She grinned and looked deep into his playfully, yet loving eyes.

 

"I think I bit my tongue."

 

Justin chuckled slightly and brought his face closer to hers, his lips rested barely on hers and he spoke, "Is that so...."  Before any more was said the two were wrapped in each other's arms with their lips locked together and kissing passionately.  Too passionately.  Meredith's back was pressed against the shower wall and by Justin's body, was actually pinned a few inches off the ground.  He groaned against her mouth exploring it like it was his first time doing so; even though he had done it many times before.  Her hands rested on his biceps as she devoured his mouth. 

 

Justin pulled away. 

 

He shook his head slightly and looked at her.  "If we continue, I'm not going to be able to stop."

 

"I understand.  I think it's the water.  Makes it more romantic."  Meredith smiled sheepishly and Justin returned the smile, happy that she was back to a little bit of normal. 

 

She stepped back into his arms and wrapped her own around his torso.  She pressed her wet body to his and sighed a happy sigh before closing her eyes.

 

"The titans won yesterday."  She reminded him.

 

"Oh yeah, I guess you just completed the bet, huh?"

 

"Nah, I wasn't in that bikini.  And besides, I like taking showers with you."

 

"That's what I like to hear." He said holding her tighter.

 

After about 5 minutes of holding each other Justin cleared his throat and spoke.

 

"It's official.  I'm a human prune."  Meredith giggled and reached her hand out and shut off the water.

 

"I'm tired."

 

"I can imagine.  Let's go to bed."  Justin said pulling back to look at her, but still keeping his arms around her.  She nodded and they both stepped out of the shower. 

 

They wrapped each other in towels and Justin thought for a moment.

 

"Umm, hehe.  Now I have wet boxers.  Just great."

 

"Don't worry, I think I have a pair of yours here that I sleep in."  Meredith walked over to her dresser and opened a drawer.  She threw him a pair of his plaid boxers and he walked into the bathroom to change.  Meredith quickly changed into dry underwear and an extremely oversized T-shirt.  As she pulled back the covers to the bed Justin appeared behind her and kissed her temple gently.  She climbed into bed and he followed her.  They pulled the covers around them and snuggled close to one another.

 

"Meredith, I don't want you to ever doubt that I love you.  OK?  That's what this ring is for."  He brought her hand up and locked it with his revealing the promise ring she hadn't removed since he put it there.

 

"I know Justin. I love you too.  I always have, and always will."  Justin smiled and scooted even closer to her.

 

"How have you always loved me?  You've haven't even known me for a year."

 

Meredith rolled her eyes. "You know what I mean.  Don't be a smart ass."

 

"Ohhh, using the bad words."  Justin chided.

 

"SHUT UP."  She said annoyed

 

He reassured her. "I love you."

 

"You better."  She placed her head on his shoulder and rested a hand on his chest.  He didn't say anything more because soon they were both peacefully sleeping.

 

--------------------------

Meredith awoke to the sound of clinging metal.  She scrunched up her face in a yawn, stretch, and bit of confusion.  She relaxed back into the bed, inhaled and sighed happily.  But realized a smell tickling her nose.  The smell of bacon filled her senses and her mouth immediately began to water.  She hadn't had anything to eat the day before and was starving.  She sat up in her bed and swung her feet over the side and stood.  She shivered at the difference from the warm sheets to the cool air.  Turning around, she noticed the bed was empty.  Justin was gone.  She just shrugged and followed the noise and smell.

 

Once Meredith was out of bed she slowly walked to the hallway and towards the kitchen, yawning, stretching, and dragging her feet in the process.  She was still half-asleep when she entered her kitchen but immediately was wide-awake when she saw him.

 

He was hunched over a frying pan scrambling eggs with a cooking mitt on one hand and a spatula in the other. His hair was contained in a black bandanna and an apron was tied around his waist.  Meredith leaned against the doorway of the kitchen and smiled at him.  When he began to sing a song that he and Meredith use to rock on the second leg of the tour, Meredith almost bursts into laughter, but she was able to contain herself.

 

"Who let the dogs out?  Who Who who...."

 

Meredith smiled so brightly and bit her lip in happy memories.  The Baha Men opened up for Nsync on their tour and they both loved singing the song to annoy the other band and crew members.

 

She quietly made her way right behind him and snickered.

 

"Who let the dogs out? Who who who" Justin quietly sang, moving his hips and bouncing his head in the process.

 

"I did."  Meredith wrapped her arms around his torso and rested her cheek on his back.  He jumped slightly and giggled.

 

"Man that song is old." He kept moving his hips to the music in his head.

 

Meredith giggled and poked his sides. "But who was the one singing it?" 

 

"Shut up.  I'm making you breakfast, so you better be nice." He warned her.

 

She looked around him, to see what all he was cooking. "MMMMM, wow.  Eggs, bacon, grits.  Yumm!  Thanks sweetie."  Meredith let go of him and went to the fridge to get something to drink.

 

"Orange juice or milk?" she said opening the fridge.

 

Justin flexed one arm. "Milk.  Does a body good."

 

"You're such a dork."  She shook her head and got out their drinks and walked to get some glasses from a cabinet.

 

"No, actually I'm tha bomb."  HE said with slang.

 

Meredith looked at him expressionless for a while and shook her head.  "Did you just say 'I'm tha bomb'?"  He simply smiled and she groaned as she poured their drinks.

 

"Thank you Justin for taking me back to the early nineties.  Next thing I know you will be singing "Whoop there it is."

 

Justin laughed loudly as he put half the scrambled eggs on one plate and half of them on the other. 

 

"Oh my gosh, that IS the oldest song."  He chuckled. "I use to listen to it on the Mouse Club."

 

"M-I-C-" She sang.

 

"No."

 

"K-E-Y"

 

"STOP!"

 

"M-O-U-S-EEEEEE" Justin grunted and rolled his eyes at her.  She ignored him and helped him set the table. Soon they were both quietly, enjoying their breakfast.

 

"Justin, I'm impressed.  This is a far cry from your regular gourmet breakfast of Apple Jacks."

 

"Yeah, well eggs and bacon aren't that hard to make.  This is actually the second batch of grits.  The first were a bit runny." 

 

Meredith took a sip of her orange juice. "I didn't even know you knew what a frying pan looked like."

 

HE smirked and winked at her from the other side of the table. "Well, I have a few secrets and tricks up my sleeve." 

 

"Oh really?" She asked mocked astonished.

 

HE smiled like a 2-year-old. "Yup." 

 

After a few minutes of silent eating Meredith spoke up. "Umm, did Leslie leave?"

 

Justin swallowed his food. "Yeah, she left a note that said she left last night when she found us sleeping."

 

"Oh." She watched Justin as he bit into a piece of bacon. "Do you think she will say anything?"

 

"I don't know.  Probably." He shrugged.

 

Meredith thought for a moment. "Umm, I hope she doesn't tell the guys.  They will probably think I am a freak."

 

"No, they wont. They already think you are a freak."  She glared and he stuck out his tongue.

 

"They would be concerned. That's all" 

 

"Justin, they don't even know about Dan."  She sighed and popped a piece a bacon in her mouth.

 

"Well, maybe I shouldn't ask this, but...have you ever thought about telling them?  I mean, maybe not the whole story, but at least letting them know you had a very close friend, that ummm, killed himself."  He cursed himself for being so blunt, but saw she didn't care.

 

She propped her elbow up on the table and put her chin in her hand. "I don't know..."

 

"I'm not saying you should.  I'm just wondering if you have ever thought about it."

 

"I've thought about it.  Especially JC, but I just....hmmmm.."  She thought some more.

 

"Well, if you ever need to-" Justin was interrupted by the phone ringing.

 

Meredith got up and went to the phone and picked it up. "Hello?"

 

"Meredith?  Umm, hi.  It's JC."  She leaned against the counter and smiled.

 

"Hey Joshy, whatsup?"

 

"Well, not much."  HE sounded a little down.

 

Her brow connected in confusion. "OK."

 

"So...."  HE dragged out.

 

"So what?"

 

He sighed. "I'm just going to say it.  Leslie told us what happened.  Are you OK?"

 

"Yeah, I'm fine.  I'm OK, JC."  She said like nothing happened.

 

His voice was full of concern. "Are you sure?"

 

"Yes, JC.  I'm fine.  Don't worry about me.  Justin is here.  I'm fine.  OK?"  She was a little annoyed.

 

"Well, all of us guys were pretty worried when Leslie told us.  Hey, Les wants to talk to you."

 

"Um, k."

 

Leslie's voice filled her ears. "Hey Mere.  You OK?"

 

"Yeah.  Where are you at?"  Meredith was wondering why Leslie and JC were together and why she heard talking in the background.

 

"Oh, everyone is here at Lance's."

 

"OK. Cool."

 

"I hope you aren't mad that I told them.  I was just really concerned.  I was so scared last night Meredith. I didn't know what was going on."

 

"No, its fine.  I understand completely."

 

"Good.  How's Juju?"

 

Meredith laughed when she heard the name he hated so much, more than Timberfake. "Juju is stuffing his face with some scrambled eggs."  He immediately stopped eating.  A forkful of egg was about 1 inch from his open mouth and his eyes glared at her.

 

"HE made you cook!?"  Leslie shouted.

 

Meredith started subconsciously talking with her hands. "Oh heaven's no.  I woke up and there he was, Mr. Chef-boy-ar-dee."

 

Leslie cringed. "Is it edible?"

 

"Actually yeah."  She giggled.

 

"Hey, Lance, wants to talk to Justin for a sec, k?"

 

"Sure." Meredith walked over to the table and handed him the phone.  "It's for you."

 

"Yo?" Justin said after taking a gulp of his milk.

 

Meredith looked at him and giggled.  "Early nineties, again."

 

"HUSH!" He pointed a finger at her and she kissed the tip of it, causing him to smile that sexy half-crooked smile.  Meredith immediately blushed.

 

Lance said snobbishly over the phone. "Fine then, sor-ry."

 

"No, I was talking to Mere. Hey, Lance."  Justin giggled, as Meredith threw a piece of bacon at him.

 

"Hey.  Umm, is everything OK?  Leslie was worried.  She was very shooken up by it.  We all are kinda in the dark here."  Lance said sincerely.

 

Justin spoke a little too quickly. "Everything is fine." 

 

"I mean, is anything going on with Meredith that we need to know about?  Is she OK?"

 

"Yeah, nothing is wrong with her.  She's perfect."  Meredith raised an eyebrow at Justin and mouthed, 'Good doggie'.  She reached over the table to pat his head but he ducked out of the way.

 

"OK.  We just don't want to see G all upset and everything."  Lance said.

 

Meredith listened and ate as Justin kept telling Lance everything was OK.  She felt guilty.  She felt like she needed to at least explain something to her friends. 

 

She reached over the table and grabbed the phone; leaving Justin a little peeved.  She ignored him.

 

"Lance?"  She spoke.

 

Lance was a little taken back by hearing her voice and stuttered. "Uh, hey Meredith."

 

"Will you and the rest of the guys come over this afternoon.  I think I need to explain some things to you."

 

"Sure."  He smiled.

 

Justin grabbed the phone and she reached for it, but he held it out of reach.

 

"Are you sure you want to do this?"  He asked her full of concern.

 

"Yeah, I do."  Meredith voice was small and quiet, but still firm.

 

Justin looked around, remembering the pictures that still were scattered everywhere in her living room. Leslie had cleaned up the glass and small blood stains, but left the pictures, not knowing what to do with them. "Your house is still a bit messy."

 

"Then can we go to your house?"  Meredith asked.

 

"Are you sure?" Justin asked again.

 

Meredith looked him straight in the eyes and sighed. "Yeah, it's the least they deserve."

 

"OK." Justin brought the phone to his ear.

 

"Lance, we are all going to meet at my house this afternoon around 4, OK?"

 

"Sure thing."  Lance said.

 

"All right, thanks man."

 

"Bye."  Justin hung up the cordless phone and placed it on the table.

 

He eyed Meredith carefully as she finished eating.  This kinda annoyed her.

 

"What?"  She said loudly, dropping her fork in her now empty plate.

 

"Nothing.  I just worry about you."  Justin grabbed her hand that was lying cross the table and let their fingers mingle.

 

"I'm sorry.  I wish you wouldn't."  He got out of his chair and came to her side of the table, not letting go of her hand.

 

"Hey, I'm your boyfriend. What do you expect?  Me not to care?"  She stood up and looked into his eyes, getting lost in their deep color.

 

"Yeah..." She breathed.  Justin leaned in for a kiss and she pulled away.

 

"Boy, let me brush my teeth.  I might scare you away."  She laughed and walked away from him to her room.  His hand was still locked with hers and as she got further away their hands were forced apart.  When her fingertips left his touch he whined and stomped to the sink to put away their dishes.  She giggled and turned around to walk to her room.

 

-I am the luckiest girl in the universe. -

 

----------------------

 

"J?"  Meredith asked from the edge of her seat, on the plush chair in Justin's bedroom.

 

Justin called from the shower. "Humm?" 

 

"What if I can't do this?"  She said quietly.

 

"Speak up.  I can't hear you."  He wrapped a towel around himself walked into the bedroom.

 

"What if I can't do this?"  She looked up at him scared and wide-eyed.

 

"Angel, you don't have to.  But I know you can."  He held onto the towel tighter, as she got up and walked towards him.

 

"I'm scared."  She whispered and leaned her cheek on his exposed and wet chest.

 

"I'll be there, holding your hand."  He placed a long, sweet kiss on her forehead, as she wrapped her arms around his bare stomach.

 

He secured the towel and wrapped his muscular arms around her small frame.  "I'll ALWAYS be there." 

 

Justin swayed back and forth, humming in her ear.  She pulled back some, and he lifted his head to look down at her.  Their eyes bore into each other.  Justin leaned down and placed a gentle kiss on her pouty lips.  He slowly deepened it, and let his tongue gradually make its way to her mouth.  Meredith touched his tongue with hers and gently pulled away.  Away from his arms and lips.  Justin looked at her in confusion and a bit of hurt.

 

"Get dressed."  She gave a sly grin and walked out of his room.  He looked down and saw his towel barely hanging on to him.  His eyes-widened and he immediately clutched the towel to his body. He giggled to himself and finished getting ready.

 

--------------------------

"Oh, God."  Meredith jumped out of Justin's arms when she heard the doorbell ring.  The two had been cuddling watching a re-run of "Nsync's greatest moments" on MTV.  

 

Justin kissed her cheek and squeezed her hand.  "Calm down.  I know you can do this."  With that he stood up and walked to the front door. He opened it and let the 6 people into his house.

 

"Got any food?"  Chris asked following Danielle into the kitchen.

 

"G!!!" Justin heard Joey yell and by Meredith's squeal, he knew she had already been attacked.

 

"Hey, how's she doin?"  Lance and Leslie approached Justin.

 

"She's fine.  She has some important stuff to tell you guys, but she's a little scared.  So, just be patient with her."  Justin gave a smile and led them to the game room where JC and Joey were bothering Meredith.

 

"HEYYY!  Get off my girl!"  Justin pushed Joey's tickling hands off of Meredith and sat down in-between them.  He grabbed the remote and shut off the TV.  JC occupied the other space beside Meredith.  The 4 were kinda squished on the couch, but they didn't mind.  Leslie and Lance took their usual spot on the love seat and Chris came in with a box of cheez-its and a Pepsi, followed by Dani.  Dani sat in the recliner and played with Chris' hair, as he sat on the floor and ate his snack.

 

"So...."  JC said looking at Meredith.  She turned and looked at him.  She let her eyes roam around the room.  Every single person was staring at her, urging her to say something.  She felt pressured.  She felt nervous.  She felt alone.

 

Then Justin wrapped one arm around her and let his fingers intertwined with hers, letting her know she wasn't alone.  He leaned in and whispered in her ear.

 

"You can do this.  I'm right here.  Like I promised.  Just....say it."  She turned and looked at him with a meek smiled.  He kissed her forehead and she closed her eyes, trying to gain some confidence.

 

"I can do this."  She whispered, locking her eyes with his.  He kissed her softly and she slowly pulled away and relaxed into the couch, taking a deep breath.

 

"Well..." She looked up at everyone around the room. "OK, you can stop starring at me, now."  The silence broke with small giggles and everyone relaxed a bit.

 

"I'm not dying or anything like that."  She said once the room quieted again.  A thought came to her and she smiled to herself.  Her head bent down she closed her eyes to keep from laughing.  She took a deep breath and looked up at the impatient faces.

"Well, there isn't any way to say this, but to just say it."  She bit her bottom lip and glanced at Justin, who was eyeing her strangely.  He knew something was up.

 

"What is it, Mere?"  JC asked quietly.

 

"Umm, I'm pregnant."  She said flatly.

 

Meredith looked around the room.  Leslie and Lance eyes were popping out of their heads.  Chris and Dani were staring at them with their mouths open like fish.  Joey was jerking his head around, looking at the faces in the room with a shocked, excited expression.  Justin eyes went wide when she first said it but he immediately placed his face in the crook of her neck.  It looked like he was kissing her, but in reality he was laughing.  Meredith turned and looked at JC.  He was shaking his head and had one eyebrow raised.  He was smiling too.

 

"I'm so proud of you two.  Congratulations."  JC deadpanned and busted into giggles along with Meredith and Justin.

 

"You guys this ISNT funny!  Meredith you cannot have a baby.  Johnny will shoot you. Oh God, and its Justin's baby too!!"  Lance yelled, making JC, Meredith, and Justin laugh harder.  Soon Chris realized and whispered to Dani what they had done; leaving Lance and Joey still believing that Meredith was having a baby.  Leslie was slowly beginning to figure out the situation.

 

"Awww, a little 'lake is coming into the world."  Chris cooed as he walked over and petting Meredith's stomach.

 

Dani cleared her throat.  "Umm, thought about any names?"  She clamped her mouth together to stop the laughter.

 

Justin looked at her and smiled.  "Yes, if it's a boy we are naming him Ernesto."

 

Meredith looked at Justin in shock.  "I thought we discussed this."

 

"Discussed what?"

 

Meredith rolled her eyes and said annoyingly, "We are naming him Ernest.  Not Ernesto."

 

"You've got to be kidding me."  Lance groaned finally realizing the scam.  Leaving Joey, clueless.

 

Danielle giggled. "You guys are too much."

 

"So do you really have something to say to us, or was this all one big joke?"  JC said quietly.

 

Justin and Meredith were still giggling over "Ernesto" and didn't hear him.

 

"What?  This was a joke?  No baby?"  Joey questioned sadly.

 

"Sorry Joe."  Meredith reached over and patted his knee.

 

The room quieted down some and JC spoke again.  "Meredith, what happened last night?"

 

Meredith was caught off guard and jerked her head to stare at him. 

 

She stuttered. "Umm, well...See, I...umm..."

 

"It's OK baby.  I'm here."  Justin whispered pulling her closer to him.

 

"OK.  Well, where do I begin?"  Meredith stared at the floor in front of her and took a deep breath.

 

"I had a best friend.  A brother, almost.  He was everything.  He was my life."  She looked up and saw Leslie and Lance looking at her intently and she continued. 

 

They deserved to know.  These people in this room had helped her to move on with her life.  They had given her a new life.  They deserved to know.

 

"His name was Dan.  We were next door neighbors.  We grew up together.  We were each other's lifeline.  But, Dan grew up to be not what he seemed."  She looked at Chris and giggled at his expression.  He was slowly eating his cheez-its like he was watching an interesting movie.

 

"Umm, anyways.  The summer right before my sophomore year, Dan decided that his life wasn't worth living.  No one at all knew or suspected he was suicidal.  No one.  He never gave anyone ANY hint that he was messed up.  Not even me, and I was his, his best friend.  At that time, I didn't need a boyfriend or anything.  I had Dan.  We were NEVER, what should I say, romantically? involved. But we did love each other.  He was the brother I never had.   But in reality he wasn't." 

 

Meredith felt a tear escape from her eye.  Justin took his hand that was lock with hers and brushed the tear away.  She smiled a small smile and cleared her throat.

 

"Dan decided to kill himself one night."  Meredith heard JC take in a sharp breath beside her and she looked at him and saw his eyes full of concern.  She was SO lucky to have friends like she had here.

 

"It really messed me up.  I was a teenager who had a best friend that she was sure; I mean, I had my self convinced that I would grow up and ALWAYS be his best friend.  ALWAYS.  Of course, the whole town decides to blame me for his suicide.  Saying spending too much time with me was a curse or something.  I ended up becoming probably the LEAST popular girl in my school.  No one was mean to my face or anything.  But they just didn't want anything to do with me.  I don't know.  Maybe they were scared.  So, of course, I become depressed."  Meredith shrugged and shook her head kinda laughing.

 

"And I still face that fact to this very day."  A silence invaded the room.  Not a bothering silence, but one of understanding and closure.

 

"So, that's what those pills were for."  Joey quietly said.

 

"Huh?"  Meredith looked at him curiously.

 

"I saw them on your dresser that time me and Chris invaded your room, before you birthday."

 

"Oh.  Yeah, Prozac and Celexa."  She nodded

 

Dani looked at her wide-eyed, not sure if she should say anything.  "Umm, what caused the thing last night?"

 

"Dan's mom called me.  It was the first time I had spoken to her since the funeral.  It just brought back memories.  And my doctor had taken me off my prescription 3 weeks ago.  So, I quit taken my pills.  I was fine but I wasn't expecting her to call.  I guess I just wasn't ready to face the world without my drugs."  She finished in a thuggish accent.

 

"That's why you seemed down sometimes on tour.  We all kinda noticed how you would sometimes go off in your own little world."  Lance smiled at her.

 

"Yeah.  But the reason I decided to tell you guys all this is not because Leslie found me hysterical.  Well, that's partly the reason.  It kinda triggered something inside of me."  She looked at JC.  HE hadn't said one word since she started and she saw the confused expression on his face.  Meredith took her hand and clasped it with his, causing him to jump and look at her.

 

"I realized that you guys, everyone of you, have gave me back the life I lost when Dan died.  I never thought I would have friends again.  I didn't know it was possible to have friends after he left me.  But each one of you has shown me how great of a thing friendship is.  And I love every single one of you for that.  Now, Chris you can stop giving me that look.  I know you don't like all this sappy stuff."  Everyone giggled quietly. 

 

"Yall deserved to know.  That's why I decided to tell you."

 

"OK, stop it!  You are going to make me cry."  Dani jokingly yelled.

 

"Whew.....Gosh, it feels sooo good to get all that out."  Meredith wiped away a few tears that fell and smiled at her beloved friends. 

 

Lance and Leslie got up and approached Meredith.  Lance pulled Meredith out of her seat and wrapped her in a hug.

 

"I'm glad you told us."  He whispered in her ear. 

 

Meredith smiled.  "I'm glad I did too." 

 

She gave everyone in the room hugs and kisses on the cheeks.  It felt good to know she had so many people that loved her. 

 

Everyone was standing around in the game room and Justin spoke up.  "Well, its 6.  Do yall wanna order some pizza or something?"

 

The room filled with yesses and cheers and Lance led everyone out of the room into the kitchen. Justin held Meredith's hand as the walked towards the door out of the room.  Justin glanced back and saw JC.  HE was sitting on the couch with his head in his hands.

 

Justin asked curiously. "C you coming?" 

 

"You guys go on.."  He mumbled.

 

Meredith looked at him and back at Justin. 

 

"Let me talk to him.  You go on.  We'll be there in a second."  She gave him a reassuring smile.

 

He leaned down and gently caressed her lips with his.  After a few seconds he pulled away and stared at her angelic face.

 

Justin brushed a lock of her auburn hair out of her face and gently cupped her cheek while doing so.

 

"I'm so proud of you."  He whispered, admiring her.

 

"Thank you for being there for me.  I couldn't have done it without you."  She paused and stared into his deep eyes.  "I love you."

 

"I love you, too."  He kissed her forehead and walked backwards down the hall toward his kitchen, only turning around when Meredith went back into the gameroom to face JC.

 

Chapter 19 by Mere

Chapter 19

 

Meredith starred at JC.  He was still sitting there with his head in his hands.  She didn't know what was wrong.

 

"JC?"  She quietly called out to him.

 

No answer.

 

Meredith slowly walked over to couch and knelt down in front of him; much like you would a child.

 

"Josh, what's wrong?"  She whispered placing her hands on his wrist.  He slowly turned his head upward to face hers. 

 

JC had tears running down his face.

 

"Honey, what-"

 

JC interrupted her in a voice barely audible. "I was so scared Meredith.  I was so scared when Leslie told us."

 

"I'm OK, JC."

 

"Mere, you are like my little sister.  You have become one of my closest friends.  I was so worried about you.  I should have been there.  I should have helped you."  She took his hands and squeezed them tightly.

 

"Josh, besides Justin, you ARE my best friend.  I've wanted to tell you everything since the beginning.  But I had a hard time trusting myself.  You don't know how much you have helped me, JC.  So many times in the last year, you were there, without even knowing what my problem was. You comforted me when you had no idea what was going on.  You held me when Justin was acting like a prick."  They both laughed at that.

 

"Josh, I love you. You will ALWAYS have a special place in my heart.  A place even Justin doesn't hold."

 

"Oh really?" He gave a sly grin.

 

"Yeah, I mean who else can I turn to when Justin is bothering me."

 

"But, Justin never bothers you."

 

"He did.  Remember over the summer?  Remember after we went to the beach."

 

"Yeah, I remember."

 

"You were there for me.  You...JC, YOU are an amazing friend.  So stop sitting here sulking and let's go get some food, OK?"

 

"OK."  She stood up and gave him her hands.  She pulled him up and engulfed him in a hug.

 

"Meredith?"  He mumbled into her hair.

 

"Yeah, C?"

 

"I love you too." He kissed her cheek and pulled away.

 

"I know you do, babes."  She placed an arm around his back and he wrapped one arm around her shoulders.  Together they walked into the kitchen. 

 

Dani and Leslie were talking quietly on the barstools.  Joey was on the phone pacing the kitchen. Chris, Justin, and Lance were watching, actually yelling, at the TV. 

 

Basketball game.

 

JC walked to the fringe and got a drink while Meredith walked in the den and watched as her love yelled at the screen.

 

"NO.  That was a foul!"  Justin yelled jumping out of his seat to scream at the TV.

 

"That WAS a foul."  Lance said calmly.

 

Chris laughed. "So, he didn't get called on it."

 

"Who's playing?"  Meredith asked walking in the room.

 

"Carolina and Clemson."  Lance said after Chris and Justin ignored her.

 

"Oh gosh I hope Clemson wins."  She groaned.

 

"What was that?"  Justin sharply turned around and stared at her angrily.

 

"You KNOW how I feel about UNC."  She put her hands on her hips.

 

"Yeah, I know that you are on crack, because you hate Carolina."

 

"No, I don't hate the team, or the school.  My sister does go there and all.  I just hate the fans."

 

"What did you just say?"  HE was pissed now.

 

"I said I hate the fans.  They are arrogant and cocky.  They can't stand to lose, and they are so hung up on Michael Jordan and Dean Smith they cant even see straight."

 

"You...."  Justin rolled his eyes but never finished.

 

Meredith smiled smugly. "I what?" 

 

"You annoy me."  He mocked her.

 

"Gosh, what a comeback Justin.  Man, I know only Carolina fans can think up intelligent things like that."  She said sarcastically as he approached her.  He made his way so he was inches from her, towering over her.

 

"You are going to be punished, young lady."

 

"Please?"  She gave him a sexy pout and his eyes went wide.

 

"Come 'ere."  He swiftly engulfed her mouth with his and devoured her right there in front of everyone.  The doorbell rang and he reluctantly pulled away.

 

Meredith smiled brightly. "Pizza's here."  She quickly pulled away and ran to the door.

 

"Hi."  She said to the pizza guy.

 

"Hey, I see you guys remembered the gate."

 

"OH MY GOSH!!  You are the guy over the summer that we locked out.  Justin come here."  She practically yelled. 

 

"Huh?"  He said emerging from the kitchen.

 

"Remember you buddy here.  You locked him out."  Meredith giggled and walked away.

 

"Hey, man.  How much is it?"  Justin asked a little red faced.

 

"$20.45" Justin handed him the money with a gracious tip.  Justin took the pizzas in exchange.

 

"Thanks."  Justin almost closed the door but the pizza guys voice stopped him.

 

"By the way, my sister was really ecstatic about the autograph.  She got it framed."  The guy rolled his eyes and Justin quietly laughed.

 

"Hey, how's that girl of yours.  I mean, you 'friend'."  The pizza guy put his hand in quotation marks.

 

"Let's just say I took you advice."  Justin smiled and said goodbye leaving the guy standing there with a confused expression.  Soon he figured out what Justin meant and shook his head, smiling, before leaving the front porch and heading to his car.

 

-------------

3 hours later

 

"Bye Joey.  Remember we are recording tomorrow."  Justin said as he opened the door to let Joey leave.

 

"Oh I know I know.  Come here G."  Joey wrapped Meredith in a hug and as he pulled away he kissed her cheek. 

 

"Thanks Joey." She smiled at him.

 

"Sure baby.  Don't keep J "up" too late tonight."  Joey wiggled his eyebrows.

 

"BYE JOEY!"  Meredith and Justin said at the same time, practically pushing him out the door.

 

Justin closed the door and pushed his back against it.  He closed his eyes.  It had been a long day for him.  It had been a long past 2 days with everything going on with his girlfriend. 

 

"Let's go make out."  Meredith's breath tickled his lips and when he opened his eyes he saw her merely inches away.

 

"If you insist."  He gave a half-smile and pressed his mouth to hers.  She moaned in exceptance and grabbed his shirt pulling him away from the door.  The two blindly made their way to the white living room, bumping into the coffee table and wall on their way.  Meredith's back hit the leather couch and Justin's body gently laid on top of hers.  His hands were under her shirt rubbing up and down the skin of her back and sides.  Her hands explored his curls and his neck as he kissed her slowly, passionately, sensually, and sexually. 

 

To be able to get a close as him as possible, Meredith wrapped her legs around his waist.  As soon as she did her eyes opened in shock and she pulled his face away from hers. 

 

"What?"  He breathed heavily, moving his mouth to her jaw and neck.

 

"Umm, Justin."  She stuttered

 

"Yeahhhhh" He groaned sucking hard on her neck.

 

She quietly said. "Justin, calm down."

 

"Huh?"  He finally looked up at her face that was red in embarrassment.  "Why are you blushing?" 

 

"Umm, I can, umm, feel you."  She said emphasizing the word feel.

 

"Oh."  Justin said pushing himself off of her and standing up.  He immediately turned around so she wouldn't see his bright red face or the strain in his pants. He mumbled, "Sorry." 

 

"It's OK."  She whispered finally sat up on the couch and looked around the room searching for something, anything to take her thoughts off him.  The silence was deafening. The moment became extremely awkward.

 

And they never had awkward moments together.

 

Justin finally turned back around when he had "calmed down."

 

"You know, we shouldn't be embarrassed about this.  Especially you."  He said putting his hands on his hips.

 

"I'm sorry. I've just...nevermind."  She mumbled.

 

Justin sat down beside her and she scooted away from him.  "Meredith.  It's not anything bad.  I'm a guy.  It's something that happens.  Fact of nature." 

 

"It kinda surprised me."  She said in a kid's voice.  Justin groaned and rested the back of his head in her lap and looked up at her.

 

"I cannot believe we are sitting here having a conversation about me getting aroused.  Now THATS embarrassing."  Justin exaggerated.  When she didn't say anything he reached up and gently touched her face.

 

"Do you not believe that I can be turned on by you?  Because look at you Mere.  You're damn fine."

 

"Shut up..." She smiled shyly.

 

"No, you are a goddess.  I mean dammnnnnn girl.  You are a sex machine."  This caused Meredith to laugh loudly in shock.  She looked down at him and caught him yawning.

 

"Tired?"  She asked still giggling.

 

"Yup. You?"

 

"Very much so."

 

"Let's go to bed."  Justin got off her and pulled her up off the couch.  She walked with him up the steps with their arms swinging wildly and their fingers locked together.  They past the guest bedroom.  The room Meredith had claimed as her own over the past few months and Meredith pulled away.

 

"You don't want to sleep in my bed, with me?"  He whined.

 

"I want to sleep alone tonight."  He gave her a pathetic look.

 

"Justin we aren't married.  And I need sometime to be by myself.  I need to think some things through."

 

"OK.  I'll miss you."  He grabbed her waist and brought her close to him.

 

"No you want.  I bet you are happy to have that whole bed for yourself."  She wrapped her arms around his neck and brought their faces closer.

 

"I think you want to sleep here because you are afraid the beast might attack you." 

 

"The beast?" Meredith cocked an eyebrow then saw his sly smile. "THAT'S what you call it!!!??? You named it??  OK, that's it.  Goodnight!"  She pulled away and he grabbed her hand and pulled her back to him, pressing his lips softly to hers.  He slowly pulled away and kissed her once more sweetly.

 

"Night, angel."

 

"Goodnight, Justin.  Sweet dreams."  She pulled away and walked further into the room.

 

"Yeah, I'm going to be dreaming of you and the beast."

 

"Take a shower.  A COLD ONE!"  She yelled at him as he closed the door.

 

-------------------------

Meredith stretched happily.  She had had a wonderful, restful, night's sleep.  The first thing she thought of was Justin.  Was he awake? 

 

She pushed back the covers and stood up, yawning in the process.  The cool air hit her and she shivered.  She stepped out of her room and looked up and down the long hallway of the upstairs.  The morning sun lit up the house with a springy glow, even though it was January.  Meredith picked the sleep out of her eyes and walked to Justin's bedroom.  The door was slightly cracked and she could hear a light breathy snore.

 

She pushed the door further and saw a big lump of pillows and covers on the bed.  She slowly crept towards the bed and rubbed her arms vigorously to rid the chill bumps.  Meredith knelt down on her knees and rested her arms on the bed.  Her fingers clasped together and she rested her chin on her knuckles.

 

Justin breathing was smooth, deep, and even.  He was clutching a pillow as if it was a person.  Meredith smiled at his sweet face, so content.  She wondered what he was dreaming about.

 

A curl fell over his forehead and Meredith couldn't resist the temptation to put it back in place.

 

She lightly touched his forehead and gently moved her finger down the length of his nose.  She stared at his perfect lips and subconsciously licked her own.  The tips of her fingers briefly touched his lips. 

 

Meredith was going to bring her hand back, but Justin's lips moved against them, and kissed her fingers lightly.  She smiled at him, with his eyes closed.  His lips curled into a smile against her hand.

 

In a sleepy, groggy voice Justin spoke, "Mornin'."

 

"Mornin'" Meredith repeated bringing her hand back.

 

"Sleep well?"  He asked pulling the cover off of himself, inviting her in, but not opening his eyes.

 

"Yes.  I slept very peacefully."  She answered slipping into the bed and pulling the covers back around them.

 

"Me too.  But I'm glad you are here, now."  He smiled and wrapped his arms around her waist and rested his cheek on her shoulder.  It was the same position he was holding on to the pillow.

 

"Guess what I thought about first thing when I got up?"  Meredith asked examining his curls.

 

Justin opened his eyes for the first time and looked up at her from her shoulder.  "No idea. What?"

 

Meredith smiled and scooted herself down further into the bed, where her and Justin were facing each other.  She pressed her forehead to his and smiled lazily at him.

 

"You."  She whispered and kissed him sweetly on his lips.  He pulled away, but kept their foreheads together.

 

"I love you.  I want to marry you someday."  He said yawning.

 

"Meredith Timberlake. MMM, I like that."  She said running a hand along the stubble on his jaw.

 

"Me too.  Man, I want to be able to wake up with you next to me EVERY morning."  Justin sighed and pulled her body towards his and leaned back on his bed.  She cuddled up to his side, while he rubbed her back affectionately.

 

"Justin, you practically DO wake up with me every morning.  But I know what you mean."  She smiled and ran her hand over his chest and stomach in a loving manner.

 

"I bet our kids will be gorgeous."  Meredith rested her chin on Justin's bare chest and looked up at his thoughtful expression.

 

"And why do you think that.  And who says I WANT to have kids."  Justin looked at her with a raised eyebrow and rolled his eyes.

 

"Our kids WILL be beautiful because you are the most beautiful woman I have ever seen and well, we all know I'm not TOO ugly."

 

"Down, ego! DOWN!"  Meredith swatted at him.

 

"I'm just pickin'.  That's kinda scary aint it?"  He took his free hand and played with her fingers, kissing them and studying them, against his much larger hand.

 

"What?"

 

"Us, laying here.  Talking about marriage, kids, together.  God, I'm barely 20, you're 18.  Most kids our age are out wondering if tonight they are going to get laid or not."

 

"Well, we aren't most kids."  Meredith propped herself on one elbow and studied his smiling face.

 

"True."  Justin nodded.  He stared back at her, and the two just looked at each other, telling the other things they couldn't with words.

 

After a few moments of silence, Meredith spoke up. "Don't you have to record today?"

 

"Yeah, I was wondering if you would want to come with me?"  Justin scratched his head.

 

Meredith took two of her fingers and walked them up his body from his bellybutton to his chin. "I don't know.  What would I do?"

 

Justin watched her fingers and smiled. "I don't know.  Whatever.  Watch us sing.  You are MY assistant, ya know?  You work for ME."  He poked at her sides causing her to squirm.

 

"Actually, I am NSYNC's assistant, not your personal secretary."

 

Justin stuck out his tongue. "Hehe, but would you like to come.  You've never seen us record have you?"

 

"Nope."  She yawned.

 

"Well, today you will get to see all the pain I go through." Justin stretched his body and sighed.

 

"Pain?"

 

"Yeah, well I love making music, duh!  But it can be REALLY annoying when you are singing the same verse over and over again and the producer keeps telling you to do it again and again."

 

"Hmmm. And all the while, I thought you were some prodigy or something." Meredith touched his nose playfully.

 

"Shut up.  Actually today won't be bad at all because JC is producing the song we are recording."

 

"Oh really?"  She mocked a British accent.

 

"Yeah, so are you up for it?"

 

"Sure.  Why not?"  She shrugged

 

Justin genuinely smiled at her. "Great."

 

"What time are you supposed to be there?"

 

Justin turned his head to look at the clock beside his bed and chuckled. "An hour ago."

 

Meredith gave him a shocked expression and he just reached for the cordless phone and dialed a number.

 

"OK, if this is Justin, Joey, or Lance.  Don't worry, we are pushing back recording to 11:30."

 

"Hey JC."  Justin giggled as Meredith snuggled as close as she could to him.

 

"Well, at least you have the decency to call and tell me you are late."  JC was a bit angry.

 

"I'm late, what? Hehe."

 

"Not funny." He deadpanned.

 

"Sorry man, I overslept."

 

"Where are you now?"  JC asked.

 

Justin watched as Meredith leaned over him and picked up a picture frame on the nightstand.

 

"In my bed."  HE smiled when he saw her studying the picture she had given him for Christmas of them sleeping.

 

"Oh, well, be here in an hour, OK?"

 

Meredith mouthed something to Justin.

 

"Sure.  Meredith says 'Hi Skywalker' whatever that means?"

 

"Ohhh, so she is in the bed with you. I see, uh huh!"  JC said playfully stated.

 

"Actually, she didn't sleep with me last night. She just came in here and woke me up 15 minutes ago."

 

"Well, I am glad someone did.  I gotta go; Chris is here recording his parts.  He and Dani have some big adventure planned this afternoon.  I think they are going to Disney World.  Anyways, tell Meredith I said "Hello Chewie" and be here in an hour."

 

"OK, hey C?"  Justin called before JC hung up.

 

“Yeah?"

 

"Its OK if G tags along today right?"

 

JC chuckled. "Oh this shall be interesting."

 

"I know."  Justin smiled at Meredith.

 

"Later Justin."

 

"Bye J."

 

Justin turned off the phone and threw it somewhere on the floor. "He said, 'Hello Chewie'."

 

Meredith laughed. "I love him."

 

"You and him, and yall's Star Wars."  Justin's country drawl emerged.  He rolled his eyes.

 

"It's not just star wars, it's also Indiana Jones."

 

"Yeah, yeah whatever.  I need to go take a shower."  Justin threw back the covers and got out of bed.  Meredith followed him and checked him out.  He was only in navy boxers.  Justin caught her doing this and smiled.  He did the same with her.  She was clad in a red tank top and blue/green flannel pants.  She smiled brightly at him.

 

"I'm going to fix breakfast. Do you want Apple Jacks or Lucky Charms?"

 

"Apple Jacks, of course."  He stepped into the bathroom.

 

"OK."  She walked to the door.

 

"Hey Meredith?"

 

"Yeah?"  She turned around.

 

Justin leaned out of the bathroom and smiled. "I love you."  She smiled back and he disappeared back into his bathroom.

 

--------------------------

"Baby, don't you know...."

 

Meredith groaned.  She had heard that same line about a million times in the past 10 minutes.  She laid her head down on the couch and stretched out.  Joey was in booth trying to perfect his verse.  Chris had just left with Danielle.  Lance was sitting in a chair reading a magazine and Justin and JC were at the control boards, doing whatever it was that producing requires.  Meredith's eyes immediately shut out the world.  Yeah, she liked Joey's voice.  But the same line over and over just got annoying.

 

"Joey try and put a little more 'ump' into it."  JC said through a microphone.

 

Joey repeated the line and looked at JC hopefully.

 

"Umm, maybe just a little more."

 

"OH MY GOSH!!  How much more 'ump' can you put into that damn song?  Lord, let the boy go! ARG!"  Meredith yelled to whoever wanted to listen.  Which ended up being everyone.

 

JC chuckled. "See Mere, this aint all glamour."

 

"I never said it was."  Meredith sighed.

 

"I'm hungry."  Lance mumbled to himself.

 

"That's the smartest thing I've heard all day.  Can't we take a lunch break?"  Meredith whined.

 

"As soon as Joey lands this part."  Justin said pushing a button on the soundboard.

 

Meredith jumped off the couch and stood in-between Justin and JC chairs.  She got Joey's attention and crossed her arms.

 

"You better NAIL this!"  Meredith yelled.

 

Joey saluted and laughed.  In a huff, she turned to go to the couch but Justin grabbed her hips and sat her down in his lap.  Meredith gave him a questioning look, but he ignored it and continued to mess with buttons and switches on the board.  She gave in and relaxed against his chest.  He kissed her temple and spoke.

 

"I'm sorry you aren't having fun."  He whispered.

 

"No, its OK.  It's been a learning experience."  Meredith joked.

 

Joey sang his part and JC was satisfied and pressed a few more buttons.

 

"OK, Joey.  That was great."

 

"Yeah, lunch!!"  Lance threw the magazine on the floor.

 

Joey opened the door to the recording booth and looked at everyone.  He took in a deep breath and when he exhaled, he collapsed to the floor.  The room erupted into giggles.

 

"Thank you GOD!!!  I am done."  Joey mumbled to the floor.

 

JC turned off some equipment and stood up.  "Let's go.  I'm famished."

 

Joey and Lance walked out the door with JC behind them.  He turned around to see Meredith and Justin giggling at something, touching noses.

 

"Oh pulease, come on.  I thought you guys were hungry."  JC rolled his eyes.

 

Meredith looked at Justin and kissed his nose.  "I'm only hungry for you."

 

Justin died out laughing remember their time at his house a few months ago.  "Come on, angel."  She slid off his lap and walked out the door JC was holding open.  She ran up to Lance and Joey who were halfway down the hallway.  Unexpectedly she jumped on Joey's back.

 

"Let's go Superman!"  Joey hoisted Meredith further on his back and ran down the hallway, through the front lobby and out into the parking lot.  Lance shook his head and continued on following them, but walking.  JC closed the studio door once Justin came out.  Justin stared after Joey and Meredith with a dazed expression.  JC looked at him and couldn't read his expression.

 

"You OK, curly?"  JC nudged him.

 

Justin jerked his head towards JC startled.  "Huh?  Oh yeah.  I'm fine."

 

"OK, you look a little dazed."  JC studied his friend's face.

 

"Yeah, well I am."  He quietly said.  JC chuckled and continued on down the hallway.  He then noticed Justin wasn't beside him.  He stopped and looked behind him.

 

"Josh..."

 

"Yeah Justin?" 

 

Justin smiled. "I'm so in love with that girl."

 

"Really?  I thought you hated her."  JC said sarcastically.

 

They started walking again. "What should I do about the press and stuff?"  Justin asked timidly.  JC gave him a bewildered look.

 

"Umm, Justin? I didn't know they had found out."  JC looked questionably.

 

"They haven't.  I'm just asking if they did I guess."  Justin ran a hand through his curls.

 

"I think that's between you and Meredith."

 

"No it's not.  It's between all of us.  If I go public with her then it effects the group.  I know some fans will be disappointed.  In fact, I fear for her safety if I do say anything."

 

"Justin, maybe you should talk to her about it, see what she wants.  She has always been fine with being unspoken of before.  Why do you think that's changed?"

 

"It hasn't, I don't think.  Sometimes, I just get tired of hiding everything.  You know I'm a private person, but I have this urge just to tell everyone that she is mine and that I love her." They were now outside walking to their cars.

 

JC patted his friends shoulder.  "Do what you feel is right, J." 

 

He turned his attention to the three people running around the parking lot.  Joey was bouncing on Meredith's bumper.  Lance was chasing Meredith and they were all laughing.  Finally Meredith sprinted to her car and started the engine.  Immediately Joey jumped off and yelled at her.  She backed out and drove towards Lance.  He screamed and she parked her car in the middle of the lot because she was afraid she might actually hit him, because she was laughing so hard.

 

She rolled down her windows and opened her sunroof.  Her radio was blasting Backstreet Boys "The Call."  After laughing at the guy's expressions she turned down the radio and called to them.

 

"Are we going to eat or what?"  4 delighted faces jumped to her car.  Joey, being closest, got shotgun; forcing JC, Justin and Lance in her backseat.  Her Acura Legend was a reasonably sized car, but with 3 grown men in the back it was a little squished.  She turned and looked at the guys in the backseat desperately trying to get comfortable.

 

"Umm, we don't all have to take my car."  She giggled.

 

"Yeah, we do!  Come on, let's get this party on wheels started!" JC bounced up and down, Lance punched him because he was bouncing up against him.

 

"OK, where to?" She said taking her car out of park and moving out of the parking lot.

 

"Surprise us!"  Joey yelled like a little kid.

 

Meredith smiled evilly and looked both ways before pulling out unto the road.  Justin, who was sitting behind her put his hands on her seat and pulled himself forward.  He spoke in her ear.

 

"You can change the radio."  He giggled in her ear.  Backstreet was still playing. 

 

Meredith reached over and turned the radio to a classical station.  Attempts were made the whole way there to change it.  But they failed each time.

 

----------------------

Meredith parked her car and the squished guys jumped out.

 

"I still can believe you took us to Chuckie cheese."  JC laughed.

 

"That was NOT smart, g."  Lance chided.

 

"Oh puleaseeee.  All the kiddies are in school, only one girl recognized you.  Besides you KNOW you had fun!"  Meredith smiled triumphantly when the guys didn't speak again. 

 

The 5 walked back into the studio and were soon back to recording.  Joey left because he was done with his parts and Lance was just about finishing up. 

 

This time Meredith was more enthusiastic about being there, because Justin and JC were showing her certain tricks and ways to record a song and change the voice, ect.

 

Lance exited the booth and looked expectantly at the two guys, "Done?"

 

"Yeah, you are done Lance."  JC said not moving his head from the soundboard.  Lance did a little dance and said goodbye to everyone.

 

"OK, do you want to finish that one verse?"  JC looked at Justin.

 

"Yeah, sure."  Justin got up and walked into the sound booth.  Meredith immediately took his chair and smiled at him as he put the headphones on his head.  He blew her a kiss and Meredith caught it.

 

"OK, enough of that.  Let's get this over with man."  JC said starting the music.  Justin immediately went serious.  He listened for a few moments to the music filling the headphones and his ears and swayed his head with the beat.

 

"Don't you know?  

Don't you see,

Where I want to be.

Can't you tell?  

Can't you feel it,

In your soul.." 

 

Justin swayed his head till the music finally stopped and JC pushed a few buttons.

 

"Not so nasally this time, J."  JC said pressing another button.  Meredith giggled and Justin glared at her.

 

"You think you can do better?"  He said in the microphone.  Meredith laughed harder and Justin jumped out of the seat and placed his headphones down.  He opened up the door and pulled her into the studio.  Before she had time to protest, he had placed the headphones on her head and sat her down on the stool.

 

"What are you doing?"  She gave him a confused look.

 

HE smiled smugly. "You are going to sing." 

 

"Oh, yeah, right.  Good one. HAHA. Funny."  Meredith deadpanned.

 

"Seriously.  I heard you singing a song this morning when I came out of the shower.  Sing that, it was beautiful."

 

"Justin, I don't.."

 

"Do it for me?  I just want you to experience what I do."  He gave her a shy smile and she rolled her eyes.

 

"OK, but you guys CANNOT laugh.  And DONT record this."

 

Justin kissed her forehead and left the room.  He sat down in his seat and pressed a button to turn off the microphone that made it possible for Meredith to hear them.

 

"Record this."

 

"But.."  JC started but stopped.

 

Justin gave him a stern look and he smiled.

 

"OK."  JC pressed a button and looked at Justin.  "Do you have a tape or something or do you just want her to sing by herself?"

 

Justin smiled and pressed a button to turn the mic back on.  "Just start when you are ready, Meredith."

 

She rolled her eyes as he relaxed in his chair.  She cleared her throat a few times and took a deep breath before starting.

 

"My tea's gone cold I'm wondering why I got out of bed at all

The morning rain clouds up my window and I cant see at all.

And even if I could it'd all be gray but your picture on my wall

It reminds me that it's not so bad, it's not so bad

 

She took a deep breath when she finished the song and looked up at them.  Justin was smiling brightly and JC was staring at her in shock.  She smiled shyly and placed down her headphones and walked to the door.  Justin quickly looked at JC.

 

"Make me a copy of that."

 

"Yeah, sure."  JC said shaking his head.

 

Meredith entered the room and took a seat on the couch.  Justin got up to go back into the recording booth but quickly turned and bent down towards Meredith.  Their lips met in a sweet kiss and he pulled away and straightened himself.

 

"That was perfect."  He smiled brightly and returned into the booth leaving Meredith wondering if he was talking about the kiss or her song, or both. 

 

JC turned his head to look at Meredith contently sitting on the couch.

 

"You should sing more often."  That was all he said.  It was all he needed to.

 

Chapter 20 by Mere

Chapter 20

 

Justin pushed up the sleeves of his long sleeve orange University of Tennessee shirt and started folding a pile of clothing. He hummed along with a familiar song that was playing on repeat on his stereo. He smiled at whose voice it was. He folded a few shirts and neatly placed them in the duffel bag laying open on his bed. After packing a few things he decided he was hungry and wanted to eat some dinner.

 

Justin walked down the stairs and shuffled to his kitchen. He opened his refrigerator and scanned. Picking up a Tupperware container, he opened the lid and turned up his nose. He practically tossed the container back into the fridge and sauntered over to the phone. He flipped through the phonebook and ran his long finger down the columns searching for what it was his was looking for. He found the number and dialed.

 

A heavy accent came across the line. "El Cocino, how may I help you?"

 

Justin turned around and leaned his back on the counter. "Yes I'd like to place a take out order."

 

"Go ahead."

 

"Dinner special of chicken fajitas. That's it."

 

"Chican?" The man replied in a strong Mexican tone.

 

Justin chuckled slightly. "Yes, chicken."

 

"OK, that will be ready in 15 minutes. Name please..."

 

"Justin.”

 

"OK, thank you."

 

"Yeah, bye." Justin hung up the phone and immediately the doorbell rang.

 

His brow connected in confusion and his scrunched his lips to one side, wondering who it could be. Someone who knew the code.

 

He peeked through the glass surrounding the large wooden door and smiled. He opened it and looked at her with wide eyes.

 

"Oh noooo, not YOU!" Justin shut the door in her face and he heard a scoff on the other side. She banged on the door a few times and screamed.

 

"Let me in Timberfake!" He smiled and opened the door grandly.

 

"Why Meredith! What a pleasant surprise!" He mocked.

 

"Oh shut up." She pushed past him and he grabbed her waist.

 

She smiled as they began to walk slowly through the foyer; him attached to her back. "What are you doing here, baby?" He used their newfound nickname for each other.

 

"I thought you might want some help packing. Since I didn't get to see you all today and barely yesterday with work and school." He dropped his arms from around her and picked his keys off the edge of a counter in the kitchen.

 

"Hey, I just put in an order at El Cocino. I need to go get it. You wanna come or just stay here?" Justin asked walking toward the door that led to the garage.

 

Meredith opened the door for him and leaned against it. "I'll stay here. Is there anything you need to be washed so you can pack it?"

 

HE thought for a moment and his eyebrows rose in realization. "Umm, actually, yeah. The laundry basket in my bathroom, those clothes NEED to be washed."

 

"OK." She nodded and smiled.

 

"You are a sweetheart, I'll be back in 30 minutes." He gave her a super-sexy smile.

 

"Bye, baby." Meredith kissed him lightly. He cupped her cheek to deepen it and she pushed him out the door with a giggle.

 

"Bye." He quietly said and hopped into his Roadster.

 

Meredith watched him back out of the driveway and happily sighed. She closed the door and sauntered up to the stairs. She yawned as she made her way to his familiar bedroom.

 

Piles of neatly stacked clothes were everywhere. 3 pieces of luggage were placed around the room. She groaned a whine as she made her way to his bathroom and had to pass his huge sleigh bed.

 

She wanted that bed all to herself. She LOVED that bed.

 

Meredith entered the bathroom and was hit with the smell of Justin's aftershave, cologne, and soap all mix together. Of course it was a very faint smell, but it made her smile none the less. She found the clothes hamper and rolled her eyes when she saw it was overflowing with clothes. Even a few were on the floor. She struggled picking up the basket and finally got it balanced. She laughed with what was right there in front of her face. A pair of Tighty Whiteys.

 

She KNEW she would give him hell for this.

 

Meredith walked back into the room and was almost at his doorway when she dropped the basket and let all the contents fall onto the floor. Her mouth slowly dropped and she turned her head to the stereo that was softly playing a familiar voice. A singing voice that she knew VERY well. TOO well.

 

Her OWN voice.

 

It scared her a little. Then she realized when, where, what. She stomped to the CD player and popped the CD holder, picked up the CD and looked at it. It had no label on it. She left the pile of clothing where it was and stepped on it as she stormed down the steps gripping the CD. She put it in the boze stereo system that filled his white living room and took a seat on the couch. She pressed play on the remote control and listened to her own voice over and over again. The Boze system was a lot clearer than the one in his bedroom. Somehow the music had been added to it. The song was Dido's "Thank You". It was if they took the song and had replaced Dido's voice with her own.

 

She didn't know why she was mad. In fact, it was very sweet that he was listening to her voice. HER imperfect voice when he could be listening to REAL musicians. But she had told him not to record it. And he did anyway.

 

20 minutes later and after hearing the song over and over, the door in the kitchen that connected to the garage opened.

 

"Honey I'm home!" Justin yelled with laughter, throughout the house. He set the bag of food on the island in the kitchen and tossed his keys with it. He peeked in the laundry room and was surprised to see her not in it and even more surprised that no laundry was being done.

 

"Mere?" He called out.

 

"In here." She said with no emotion.

 

Justin strolled over to her sitting on the plush white leather couch and smiled.

 

"What are you doin?" He questioned wrapping his arms around her neck from behind the couch. She pressed a button on the remote and the room was filled with her song. Justin slowly brought his arms back to his sides and stood up straight. He walked around the couch and sat down beside her.

 

He sighed and finally spoke. "Listen, Meredith-"

 

"No! YOU LISTEN, JUSTIN!" Justin's eyes widened at her tone and he almost laughed.

 

Her tone softened. "I asked you NOT to record that Justin. And you did anyway. I don't know whether to slap you for going behind my back or to kiss you for wanting to listen to it."

He smiled and turned on the couch so he was facing her. "I'd choose the latter." He giggled and she turned her head to him.

 

"Justin." She whined and relaxed her shoulders.

 

"Baby, I'm sorry I did this behind your back. But, I like to hear you sing. And I know you wouldn't let me record you unless you didn't know about it." Justin scooted closer to her and brought his mouth to her neck.

 

"I love your voice. I love YOU, angel." He kissed her neck gently and she smiled. He continued to caress her neck with his lips and just when she was about to tilt her head to give him better access, she snapped out of her trance.

 

"That's not going to work." She stated firmly and jumped off the couch and walked quickly into the kitchen. She peeked into his bag and smelled the strong scent of Mexican food.

 

Justin turned off the stereo that was still playing her song and followed her. He walked slowly trying to figure out something he could say to let her forgive him.

 

"Meredith, what can I say to- " He stopped dead in his tracks and raised an eyebrow at her. The box that was containing his fajitas was open and she had a fork in her mouth. She looked at him like a deer caught in headlights.

 

"What are you doing?" He asked her like she was crazy.

 

She swallowed loudly and removed the fork. "Nothing." She said a little TOO quickly.

 

"YOU are eating MY dinner." He walked over to her and sat down in her lap.

 

She squirmed. "Get off of me! You're heavy." She tried pushing him off, but he pressed his butt down harder on her lap and started eating HIS food.

 

"Now you are calling me fat. This has been a great night." Justin said sarcastically and brought his hand in the air and started counting on his fingers. "You've yelled at me, You wouldn't let me kiss you, You ate MY supper, and NOW you are calling me fat." He turned on her lap and looked at her. "What's wrong witchew?" He finished in a thuggish accent.

 

She couldn't help but giggle. He turned back to his food and continued eating. Meredith finally gave in and wrapped her arms around him clasping her hands together on his stomach and resting her forehead on his back.

 

"I'm sorry, J. I shouldn't be mad at you. No, I should be a little mad, but I shouldn't have blown up like that. Forgive me?" When he didn't answer she tickled his tummy and he squirmed.

 

"Yeah, yeah. I forgive you."

 

"OK, now get off me, my legs are asleep!" He laughed and got off of her and moved to the stool beside her.

 

"So, how far along are you on packing?" Justin asked sliding his plate of food over in front of him.

 

"Almost done. I saw you were still in the process when I went up stairs." He picked off a piece of chicken from his plate and put it in front of her lips. She opened her mouth and he placed the chicken on her tongue. Meredith closed her mouth down on his fingers. He smiled and slowly brought them out of her mouth. She giggled while she ate the piece of meat.

 

"Yeah. I cannot wait, Meredith. This is going to be SO much fun." Justin did a little dance and Meredith raised an eyebrow at him.

 

"I'm going to go pick up your clothes from where I dropped them up stairs and wash them for you, k?"

 

"OK." Justin whispered as he leaned over and stared at her face from the side, about an inch away from it. She turned her eyes first to look at him then turned her whole face. She gave him a funny look.

 

"What are-" Justin pressed his lips firmly to hers and she immediately kissed him back. She sighed on his lips and let his tongue gently enter her mouth. Her arms went around his neck and his left his plate and pulled her close to him. She stood in between his legs as she kissed him more forcefully. Her hands massaged his neck as his slid down to her waist. The tips of his fingers slid between the elastic of her Express stretch pants and her smooth skin, tracing delicate patterns on it. He moaned into her mouth as her fingers ran through his hair. He scooted to the edge of the stool and pulled her towards him so that all of their bodies were touching. Meredith giggled into his mouth and he pulled away as she assaulted his neck with sloppy kisses.

"What's so funny?" Justin asked catching his breath. She kissed up his neck and finally brought her face up and leaned her forehead against his. She smiled an amused smile and kissed him lightly.

 

"The beast has decided to make an appearance, I see?" She giggled and his face turned a slight shade of pink.

 

"Shut up." He mumbled. Just then the phone rang. Meredith giggled and reached to pick it up.

 

"Hello?" She answered sweetly, turning around so that her back was against Justin's chest. He placed simple kisses on her neck and massaged her shoulders.

 

"Girlfriend?" A child's voice came over the phone.

 

"BOYFRIEND! Hey cutie, what's up?" Justin placed his forehead on her shoulder, wrapped his arms around her and sighed tiredly.

 

"Not much. Is Justin there?"

 

Meredith turned her head and kissed the top of his head that was still resting on her shoulder. "Sure is." Justin lifted his head.

 

"It's your brother." She kissed his cheek and walked away to do his laundry.

 

"Hey bro." Justin said getting up and cleaning the mess he made with his take out.

 

"Hey, are you spending the night tomorrow?" Jonathan asked eagerly.

 

"Um yeah, or you can come here. Whatever you want little man." Justin placed his dishes in the sink.

 

"Oh, mom wants to talk to you. I'll call you tomorrow. Later." Justin smiled at how quickly his little brother was maturing.

 

"Hey honey." Lynn's sweet southern drawl filled his ears and he immediately began to smile.

 

"Hi mom."

 

"Are you coming here tomorrow? I kinda want to spend some time with you before you two go over seas." Justin noticed is mother's tired voice.

"All right, mom are you OK?"

 

“No I'm not, Justin. I'm worried about you going over there without security. I'm REALLY worried. And when you get to Paris, if word gets out that you are in town, the cameras and reporters will eat you alive. Not to mention Meredith. The press have only gotten a few pictures and none of them have listed her as anything more than Nsync's assistant."

 

"Please mom, I've already gotten this lecture from Johnny, Mike, the guys, EVERYONE! I don't need to hear this from you too." He sighed loudly.

 

"Justin Randall, do NOT get an attitude with me, young man."

 

"Sorry mom. I know you are just caring about me, but.." Justin looked around to make sure Meredith wasn't listening and lowered his voice. "...the more you guys keep talking about this stuff they MORE I start to worry. And when I worry I know Meredith can sense it. I don't want to have to spend my whole vacation worrying if someone is going to pop out of the bushes."

 

"Baby as much as you hate to face reality, you are going to have to. You are one of the most popular people on the earth. People want a piece of you, and some will go to extreme measures to get that piece."

 

"I know I know. Maybe I should...nevermind." Justin placed his elbows on the counter and started massaging his temples with his free fingers.

 

"Say it darling."

 

"Maybe I should call Lonnie." He said quietly.

 

"I think you and Meredith should talk about this."

 

Justin subcontiously nodded. "Yeah you are right."

 

"Think about it, honey. Call me tomorrow, OK?" Justin could picture his mom smiling on the other end. It gave him some comfort.

 

"OK, Hey Mom?"

 

"Yes babe?"

 

"I love you."

 

"I know you do. I love you too."

 

"Bye." Justin hung up the phone and sighed in almost a whimper. He was so worried and stressed out. He rested his forehead on his wrists that were crossed. His arms were folded on the counter and he was leaning down on it.

 

"Baby?" Meredith whispered. He stood up straight and turned to face her.

 

"Yeah?" He said in a choked up whisper. He didn't realized how fast his emotions were coming to him and when he saw her there, he could barely stand up straight.

 

Meredith noticed his painful face and silently walked to him and wrapped her arms around his waist. The flood broke and he started crying uncontrollably. They sank to the floor and Meredith cradled Justin's crying face against her shoulder as she rocked them back and forth.

 

He kept repeating, "I'm so scared, baby. I'm so scared."

 

-------

"Justin, what is it? Why are you scared?" Meredith quietly asked him and he held on to her.

 

"I...I..." Justin stuttered and shook his head.

 

"Look at me, J. What's wrong?" Meredith took her hands and lifted his face to hers. He stared at her with intensity and pain. She stared back with confusion.

 

"Don't worry about it. I need to go pack." Justin looked away and stood up. He quickly walked out of the kitchen to the steps.

 

"Justin, wait." Meredith pushed herself off the floor and ran after him. He was running up the steps 2 at a time. She followed.

 

"Justin." She called once she got to the top of the stairs. He kept walking.

 

"Justin!" She said more firmly, now he was at his door.

 

"JUSTIN!!!" She basically screamed. He turned around in a huff.

 

"WHAT?" He said impatiently.

 

She shook her head and looked at him confused. "What's wrong?"

 

He sighed and walked into his room. She followed him and watched him as he busied himself packing and folding clothes.

 

"OK, I am going to say this again. WHAT IS WRONG?" She put her hands on her hips. He glanced at her with wide eyes.

 

"Nothing." He turned back and continued.

 

Meredith was so angry. She stormed to him and grabbed his arm and dragged him into the bathroom. She flicked on the light and pointed to the mirror.

 

"Look at yourself!"

 

"What?" He asked confused.

 

"Look, Justin. Look at yourself. You look like you could punch a wall and that your dog just died. DO NOT tell me nothing is wrong. I KNOW when something is bothering you. It is FINE if you don't want to talk about it. It is FINE! But DO NOT lie to me and tell me NOTHING is wrong when I know DAMN well you are upset about something."

 

She turned around and left the bathroom. He stood there and looked at himself. He did look upset.

 

"Meredith..." He sighed and walked out of the bathroom to find her putting some clothes in his suitcase.

 

"Justin, it is perfectly OK if you don't want to tell me. But don't act like nothing is wrong when something obviously is. OK?" She asked in a very sweet and caring voice.

 

He walked over to her and wrapped her in a hug. She kept folding and packing as he held on. He gently grabbed her wrist to stop her and kissed her cheek from behind.

 

"Sit with me." He whispered. She obliged and watched as he sat down on the floor. She sat in-between his legs and leaned back against him, resting her head on his shoulder.

 

"I'm scared of going on this trip without security." He said in a voice barely even a whisper. Meredith just nodded.

 

"I'm scared that if people find out I'm there they might track us down. I'm even more scared of what they will do when they see us together." He sighed and leaned his head on the side of the bed that he was leaning against. "I'm so tired of living like this. I just wish I could go out to eat and not have put reservations in another name. I hate going out at 10 at night and wearing sunglasses. I feel like an idiot. I hate my security gate. I feel like a prisoner in my OWN house. I just wish I could be anonymous." Meredith just listened intently as he kept going on and on.

 

"Meredith I really, really want to tell the public about you." She turned her head sharply to his and looked at him in shock. "I want people to know that we are together. I can't keep telling people you are my cousin whenever we go out, the very FEW times we get to go out. But I'm scared of what might happen to you. I don't care what the fans think; I don't care what the press says. But I DO NOT want you to be hounded. I don't want you to live the life I do. Anonymity is a gift I took for granted. I can barely even remember a time when I had it." He let out a deep breath and she turned on the floor so that now she was facing him and resting on her knees. She saw that one tear had escaped and she wiped it away for him.

 

"Truthfully, I don't know what to say." She bit her lip.

 

"I know, I'm not asking for a response. I just wanted you to know." He put his hands on his bent knees and gave her a half grin.

 

She thought for a while and finally spoke. "Do you want Lonnie to go with us?"

 

He looked at her and slowly licked his lips in nervousness. She nodded and grinned. "I'll call him."

 

"Thanks. You don't mind?" He asked sincerely.

 

"Not at all." She smiled and he returned it.

 

"Thank you. Thank you so much, baby." She turned back around and resumed her position between his legs.

 

"I think with the whole press thing. Just, don't lie anymore. If someone asks you who I am, tell them the truth. If the press gets a picture of us together, then oh well. And if an interviewer asks you directly if and who you are dating you can say yes or me."

 

"Are you sure?" He asked with a furrowed brow. She nodded.

 

"I'm tired of lying as much as you are Justin. We are both private people. But you can only take so much. And about not wanting me to live the life that you do. It's too late; because, being with you means I have to live your life to some degree. And while I don't like some of the parts, like this, it doesn't matter. I've never been happier than I am when I'm with you. I don't care about all this crap. It doesn't matter."

 

He sighed happily and wrapped his arms around her. "I love you. And I'm happy with you too, ya know."

 

"Yeah, I know." She said smart-alecky. "I love this."

 

"What?" He asked kissing her temple.

 

"Just sitting with you. Spending time with you. Cuddling. It's so, I don't know, romantic?" Meredith turned her head to face him.

 

"Yeah, we are pretty romantic couple. Others might not think so, but we are." Justin touched his nose to hers and leaned down to capture her lips.

 

-----------------------

Meredith lay on Justin bed, talking on the phone, and he stood folding the freshly clean clothes she had washed for him.

 

"So, you don't mind? Not one bit?" Meredith asked.

 

"No. It's fine. None of us really want you two going by yourself anyway. This will make a lot of people happy."

 

"Lonnie you are the best."

 

"I know, I just have to find me a ticket and reservations but I don't think it will be that big of a deal."

 

She sighed. "I love you."

 

"I know, I know. Night Mere, keep that boy in line."

 

"Will do. Bye bye." Meredith hung up the phone and looked at Justin.

 

"Well?" He asked.

 

"He said he'd be happy to and that this will make a lot of people less stressed out."

 

"No joke." Justin chuckled. After a few moments of special silence, Justin gasped.

 

"Oh my gosh, I forgot to tell you."

 

"What?" Meredith sat up on his bed, resting against the fully pillows and headboard.

 

"I got these new boxers. You are going to freak." He searched through a drawer and finally found what he was looking for. He threw them at her.

 

They were black with orange writing that said "Beware of Dog". She laughed and threw them back at him.

 

"Those are funny. But, not as funny as some of the other underwear I know you have." She giggled.

 

"What are you talking about?" Justin asked curiously.

 

"Oh well, I just didn't know you wore tighty whiteys." She tried not to giggle.

 

"I do not." Justin said quietly.

 

"THEN WHAT ARE THESE?" Meredith asked loudly with laughter picking up the pair from the bottom of the pile of freshly washed clothing. Justin blushed and glared at her.

 

"Don't pick on me." He mumbled as he picked up the now full suitcase and put it on the floor. He crawled onto be bed with her as she kept on laughing.

 

"I thought you were an all boxer boy, and only wore boxer-briefs when performing, or wearing niiiice TIGHT leather pants." She smiled evilly at him now lying on his side with his elbow bent and head in his open palm.

 

"So what if I have some briefs. I know you have a thong." He poked at her stomach.

 

"I do NOT own a thong." Meredith protested.

 

"Don't lie. I saw it in your laundry basket last Wednesday when you cooked me dinner. It was even black." He smiled and kissed her cheek before resting his head on her shoulder

 

"OK! So I bought a thong. But don't think I did it for you. I just didn't want my panty line showing when ..nevermind." She stopped, knowing she had already said too much.

 

"Nuh uh. Don't nevermind me. What?" He looked at her smiling but with seriousness.

 

"Don't worry about it. It's a surprise."

 

"YIPPEE!!" Justin yelled like a little kids.

 

In a desperate attempt to change the subject she spoke. "Hey, HBO is showing Cruel Intentions tonight, wanna go watch it?" She looked at him hopefully.

 

"All right. I think you just like that movie because Ryan looks so much like me and you get to see his butt." They got off the bed and walked to his door.

 

"Exactly." She smiled.

 

They walked together down the hallway to the steps. "Ya know, if you want to see my ass, just ask me."

 

"Don't get your hopes up Timberfake. I do not care to see your ass." She grinned mockingly and walked in front of him to the game room. He laughed and walked faster to catch up with her.

 

"I know I sure as hell want to see yours." He slapped her butt hard and ran past her into the gameroom, where the big screen TV was. She rolled her eyes and just followed him.
Chapter 21 by Mere

Chapter 21

 

4 days later

------------

 

Meredith got up from her lounge chair from the deck of the boat and stood beside Justin who was leaning slightly over the railing. "Wow, look at how clear the water is."

 

Meredith's eyes got huge and she gasped. "Oh my gosh, do you see that." 

 

He looked around at the port they were passing. "No what?"

 

"Those old men are swimming naked."  She pointed to two oversized men who stood up out of the water for the entire world to see.

 

Justin spotted them and pretended to gag. "Ewww."  He turned away and covered Meredith's eyes with his hands.

 

"I know."  She leaned against his chest and sighed happily as he kept her eyes covered.

 

"Hey Meredith, what's our next port?" 

 

She pushed Justin's hands away and turned to Lonnie who was sprawled out in a chair reading a book. "We stop at Milos for tonight then head on out to Crete."

 

"OK."  He returned to the book.

 

Meredith sighed and rested back against Justin's body.  She placed her hands on top of his that were gripping the rail.  He brought his mouth down to her ear and kissed it softly before he spoke. "Besides those two men over there, this is a beautiful place."

 

She giggled and looked at him dreamily. "Yeah, that's why I brought you here.  Bringing a beautiful man to a beautiful place it just seemed to work out well."  Justin closed his eyes, pulled away slightly, and started to turn pink.

 

Meredith's eyes twinkled and she opened her mouth in shock. "Did I just make you blush with a compliment.  Oh my.  This is a momentous occasion."

 

"Shut up."  He nudged her shoulder before snuggling back close to her.

 

"So, what is there to do in Milos, my tour guide."  He kissed her shoulder softly before resting his chin on it to look out over the water.

 

"I don't know. The only island that we went to when I came with my school was Ageania."

 

He thought for a moment and spoke. "We saw that one yesterday right?"

 

"You must be really jet laggin' if you can't remember."  Meredith leaned her cheek on his head lazily.

 

"Yeah, well it's been a while since I've been overseas."

 

She jerked her head back and looked at him in shock, causing him to stand up straight. "What about me?!  Last time I was in another country was 2 1/2 years ago.  When I came here!"

 

He shrugged. "OK, so you got me beat."  She stood up on her toes and kissed him on the lips very softly.

 

"Why don't we go sit down and bother Lonnie?"

 

He leaned down and kissed her a little longer before he responded. "Whatever you say baby."

 

------------------------------

"I'm gone to bed."  Lonnie walked to the door of Justin and Meredith's hotel room.

 

Meredith slipped on her black leather jacket. "Night Lonnie."

 

Lonnie opened the door and called back to them. "Yeah, you two know the rules.  Don't get into too much trouble."

 

"We wont."  Justin said with a hint of mischief.

 

Lonnie rolled his eyes. "Goodnight."  When the door shut Justin looked at Meredith.

 

"Ready?"  He said reaching his hand for her.  She accepted it with a nod, and smiled.  They walked to their door and exited their room.

 

"I thought we could just walk around and see what's going on.  There probably is a club or a small cafe around here somewhere.  Grecians sure know how to party, I know that much."

 

Justin turned and closed their hotel door behind them. "Sounds good to me." 

 

They walked down the hallway and down the flight of stairs.  Soon they were in the lobby of the rather nice hotel.  It wasn't too nice, but it was perfect for what they were doing.

 

When they reached the outside of the hotel the cool air hit their faces and Meredith shivered.  Justin placed an arm around her and the two walked silently down the sidewalk of the Grecian village.  At this particular island no cars were allowed, so it was rather nice.  They walked past several closed shops before entering a more lively part of town.  A few bars and outdoor cafes were around but not much excitement was happening.

 

"Do you want to keep walking or stop and sit or what?"  Justin asked.  Before Meredith had the chance to speak a Grecian band began to play.  The two turned their attention to a cafe about a block away where the music was coming from.  A few dancers were out doing an authentic Grecian dance.  Meredith nudged Justin and simply smiled before dragging him towards that direction.

 

Soon they were standing, clapping with the band and laughing and smiling at the dancers.  Justin and Meredith found a table and sat down.

 

After a few dances and songs the band and dancers went back into the restaurant.  Meredith and Justin sat outside on the few outside tables and enjoyed each other's company.  They sat and talked about everything and nothing.  From the elderly couple sitting on a table across the walkway to Christina Aguleria's new CD.  They had completely lost track of time.

 

When Meredith finished her second cup of Mocha Latte, the dancers came out of the restaurant again followed by the band.  They started playing a very slow tune.  Justin smiled at Meredith and took her hand that was lying across the table.  He began to giggle.  She tilted her head to the side.

 

"What?"

 

"I just really really REALLY am glad that I get this.  I mean we get vacations and short breaks, but nothing compares to this.  For once I get to just get away from everything.  Everything that has to do with Nsync and fame."

 

"Well I hate to burst your bubble but you still have Lonnie.  And I'm here."  She smiled sheepishly

 

Justin played with her fingers and spoke, "What do you mean?"

 

"I have something to do with Nsync, I work for them, and I'm here."  She bit her lip.

 

He smiled so brightly she was almost blinded. "Yeah, but that's different.  You have something to do with Nsync, but you also have something that doesn't have anything to do with it, that is ten times better than Nsync."

 

"And what's that?"  She looked at him with curiosity

 

Justin took a deep breath and looked at the table before looking back up at her. "You have my soul."

 

Meredith eyes widened in shock.  She had no idea what to say.   She stuttered and her lip trembled. "Justin, I don't-"

 

He leaned over the table to quiet her with his lips.  When he pulled away he touched her cheek lightly. "You don't have to say anything."

 

Meredith squeezed his other hand and smiled at him.  She was starting to form a smile that she would only give him.  Of course she didn't realize this, but he did, and it made him ecstatic.

 

Justin turned his attention back to the dancers and noticed that the pace of the music had sped up quite a bit.  A few people that weren't dancers were joined with them dancing.  Meredith followed his gaze and laughed when she spotted a few tourists that had been pulled from their seats and forced to learn the dance. 

 

Justin and Meredith were laughing and cutting up so much that they didn't notice the dancing coming closer to them and before they knew it a 40 year Grecian lady was pulling Justin up out of his seat and dragging him to the circle of dancers.

 

Meredith laughed at Justin's shocked and embarrassed face.  She laughed as two ladies took both his hand and started showing him the dance.  It was one huge circle of dancers, other Grecians, and a few tourist, and Justin.  They were all jumping and moving around.  All the non-Grecians were having problems keeping up and not screwing up the dance.  Soon they were all in step. 

 

At the beginning Justin looked like he could kill someone, but now he had a huge smile on his face.  He had no idea what the people were saying.  Everyone was Greek except for a Japanese couple that had no clue as to what they were doing but were having the best time and another couple that were speaking French and looked miserable.  Justin just smiled at Meredith and waved.

 

"OPA!"  Everyone shouted at once.  Justin winked at Meredith who in return covered her face in her hands.  She was embarrassed to be seen with such a goofball.

 

When the song was over everyone in the area clapped loudly and laughed, even a few whistles were heard.  Justin sauntered back over to Meredith and pulled his chair that was across from her to right beside her.  He smiled as she peeked through her hands.

 

She mumbled, "You are so embarrassing."

 

Justin took both hands and placed them on his chest. "ME?  I got dragged up there.  So, I decided to have fun with it."

 

"You looked like a DORK!"  She giggled and bent over to place her forehead on one of his knees.

 

Justin leaned down and whispered into her hair before kissing the top of her head. "I don't care.  I'll never see these people again, anyway."

 

"Excuse me.  May we sit with you."  A heavy British accent said.

 

Meredith took her head off of Justin's knee and looked up at the nice couple.  Without a second thought she said, "OH surely!"

 

The lady smiled brightly and pointed at Justin. "We saw you up their dancing and thought we would come by and say hello."

 

Justin face immediately turned bright red. "I'm Meredith and the cute one with the extremely red face here is Justin."

 

The man shook Meredith's hand. "It's good to meet you.  I'm Wills and this is my fiancee Gillian."

 

They all shook hands and Wills looked at Justin with a titled head. "You look very familiar."

 

"Umm, yeah, a lot of people say I look like Ryan Phillipe."  Justin smiled secretively at Meredith.

 

"HE just wishes."  She joked.

 

Gillian nodded. "Yeah I can kinda see the resemblance."

 

"So are you too here on vacation together?"  Meredith inquired.

 

Gillian smiled. "It's business related.  But we are visiting my grandparents, who are from here.  MY mother is Greek, but I was born in England. That's how I met my love."  She looked dreamily at Wills.

 

"Oh wow.  So when do you two get married?"  Meredith smiled pointing at the ring on her finger.

 

"In 2 months."  Wills and Gillian turned and smiled at each other.

 

"That's sweet." Meredith gushed.

 

Gillian rested her head on Wills shoulder and directed her attention to Justin. "Yeah, you sure are being quiet."

 

Meredith patted his knee. "Oh, he is just embarrassed because you two caught his awful dancing skills."

 

"Don't even make me comment on that.  You KNOW I can dance."  Justin rolled his eyes.

 

Meredith poked at his stomach. "Whatever."

 

"So are you two here on vacation, honeymoon, what?"  Wills asked.

 

"You hear that, honeymoon."  Justin smiled evilly at Meredith.

 

She pushed his shoulder playfully. "You wish.  No, this is part of his birthday present from me. After Greece, I'm taking him to Switzerland then Paris, and we finish up in Hawaii."

 

"Where are you going in Switzerland?"  Gillian asked.

 

"Oh, that's a surprise for my baby."  Meredith winked at Justin who in return rolled his eyes.

 

"Wow, how come you never did anything sweet like that for me?"  Wills asked Gillian.

 

She turned and looked up at the sky. "Because you don't deserve it."

 

"You know I can take this ring back."  Wills pretended to take the ring off.

 

Gillian giggled and pushed his hand away before bringing her face closer to his. "No, no.  You know I love you."

 

"I know."  Wills smiled before kissing his fiancee.

 

Justin looked at Meredith and smiled a shy smile.  She looked at him straight in the eyes before making a goofy face.

 

Wills looked at his watch. "Goodness, we better go."

 

Justin looked at his also. "Oh my gosh, its 1:30"

 

"Yeah, it was good talking to you Gillian, Wills."  Meredith waved and smiled at them before turning around

 

Gillian called after them. "You too, have a nice birthday Justin."

 

Justin turned around and smiled. "Thank you."

 

Justin and Meredith parted from Gillian and Wills.  They walked hand in hand back to the hotel, stopping every now and then to kiss.

 

Gillian and Wills watched them as they left.

 

"Do you think they suspected anything?"  Gillian asked him.

 

Wills smiled evilly. "No, they were clueless.  Wait till we tell the boss we saw Justin Timberlake with a girl in Greece.  Birthday present? A Surprise? Calling him 'baby'? You know what this means."

 

"Front page news."  Wills and Gillian shared a quick kiss and turned back around and walked in the opposite direction.

 

Wills looked around before asking. "Did you get the pictures?"

 

"Hell yeah, I got the ones of them kissing and everything." 

 

"I'm going to call Mr. Helms and tell him that we need tickets to Paris so we can have this article out in no time."

 

--------------------

 

"Justin, get up!"  Meredith said to the lump of covers. 

 

She walked to the other bed and sat down as she put on her tennis shoes.  She picked up her bookbag and checked to make sure she had everything in it.  She pulled out a brochure and studied it.  She looked up from it and at the creature in the bed, still asleep.

 

"Justin, don't make me get violent."  All she got in return was a grunt.  She sighed and walked to the door that connected their room to Lonnie's.

 

She knocked lightly and heard a 'come in' from the other side.  She poked her head in and saw Lonnie flipping through the channels.

 

"We need to leave here in 15 minutes because our train leaves in 30."

 

He turned off the TV and looked up at her. "OK, I'm ready whenever.  Justin is another story, is he even up yet?"

 

"No, I might need your help."  She giggled.

 

"Just hollar."

 

"K."  She smiled and left the door opened.  She saw Justin lying on his side looking rather comfortable in the bed.

 

"Justin GET UP!"  She tickled his foot through the covers.  He groaned and flipped over on his back covering his face with a pillow.

 

"I can be JUST as difficult."  With that she climbed up on the bed and straddled his stomach.  She began bouncing on him and tickling him.  He squirmed and pulled her down on top of his chest, removing the pillow in the process.

 

"Justin we HAVE to be at the station in 30 minutes.  Get out of this bed NOW!"  She said staring down at his peaceful face.

 

"Nooo."  He groaned and rolled over still holding on to her.  Now she was pinned between him and the bed.  She looked up and saw him with his eyes closed but smiling evilly.

 

"LONNNNIIIEEE!"  She screamed.  Justin chuckled but soon was lifted by two very large hands and dragged to the bathroom.  He was literally thrown in the bathroom and only had time enough to turn around to see Lonnie slam the door in his face.

 

"Justin, you better be out here, showered, dressed, and ready to go in 15 minutes or I will personally come in there and drag you out, whether you are clothed or not and force you to come with us."

 

Lonnie was about to say something else to threaten Justin but heard the water of the shower begin to run so decided against it.

 

"Thanks, you're good at that.  I just got molested when I tried."  Meredith smiled.

 

"Believe me, that's not the first time I've had to do that."  Lonnie walked back into his room. "I'm going to watch some more of Swiss Oprah.  Tell me if he causes any more problems."

 

A few minutes later Justin came out of the shower in a cloud of steam.  Meredith looked up from her notebook that she was writing something on and nodded to his bed that was now halfway made and had clothes laid out for him. 

 

"I laid out everything for you.  You'll need to bundle up, what we are doing today will be rather cold."  She said and turned back to her notebook.  Justin secured his towel and grabbed his boxers she put out for him.  Before he went back into the bathroom, he bent down to Meredith and kissed her cheek, lingering there for a moment.

 

"Good morning, Angel." 

 

She looked up at him.  He was staring at her so lovingly she didn't have the courage to speak.  He smiled a brilliant smile and stood up and walked towards the bathroom grabbing his pants and T-shirt on his way. 

 

He turned back before entering the bathroom and saw her still staring at him.  He laughed loudly and entered the bathroom.

 

------------------------

 

"So, your surprise for me is spending the day on a train."  Justin looked at Lonnie who was sleeping in the chair across from them.  He then turned his attention to Meredith who was beside him.

 

Meredith spoke as she watched the scenery pass. "Justin, stop worrying about it.  Just go with the flow."

 

He gave up with a sigh and turned quickly to Meredith and glared at her.  "This better be worth spending all day on a train."

 

"I thought you said you liked trains."  Lonnie chuckled.

 

Justin pointed a finger at him. "Hush and go back to sleep."

 

Meredith rolled her eyes. "PLEASE stop being a 5 year old and act your age.  I'm doing this for you Justin. FOR YOU.  So SHUT UP and just look out the window."

 

"Meredith..." Justin whined.

 

She crossed her arms over her stomach and looked at the woman across the aisle with a sleeping baby in her arms. "No, I'm tired of hearing it.  I've done ALL of this for you and you are treating me like nothing."

 

Justin lifted up the armrest that was separating their bodies.  He put an arm around her and forced her to snuggle close to him.  He bent down and whispered in her hair.

 

"I'm sorry baby.  I'm just tired.  We've been going non-stop for almost a week."

 

"I know, so spend this time relaxing and just watch the scenery as we ride through Switzerland.  You said you thought this was one of the most beautiful countries."  She spoke in a less tense tone.

 

"It is."  After a long pause Justin spoke again.  "I'm not complaining but how much longer are we going to be on a train."

 

Meredith groaned and shook her head. "We get off at the next stop."

 

"Yes."  Justin quietly cheered.

 

"But..." He closed his eyes when she said this. "We get on another train.  We will be on that train about 30 minutes, then get on another train for about an hour."

 

"OK."  Was all he said.  He said a silent prayer to give him patience.

 

"Hey, when we get off at our next stop I'll show you where we are going, OK?"

 

"Serious?"  He was now ecstatic.

 

"No, Justin I just said that to trick you."  She deadpanned.  He stuck out his tongue and kissed her forehead before turning his gaze towards the Swiss Alps that were they were slowly coming closer and closer to.  His mind was running with thoughts of what her surprise was.

 

--------------------------------

"So...."  Justin dragged out as he rocked back and forth on his heels.

 

Meredith bent and looked down the track at the train station, to see if their train was in sight. "So what?"

 

Justin's eyes got huge. "Soooo, you said you'd tell me where we are going." 

 

She giggled. "Oh yeah, actually I said I'd show you."

 

"Whatever, just get on with it."  Justin said impatiently.

 

Meredith looked at Lonnie. "Is he always this impatient?"

 

"I thought you would know by now."  He chuckled.

 

Meredith pointed to Justin. "I've never seen him THIS bad."

 

"MERRREEDITHHHH..." He whined.

 

"No! You are whining now."

 

"Fine then, Lonnie will tell me."  Justin smiled at Lonnie very sweetly.

 

Lonnie crossed his arms over his chest. "Nuh uh."

 

"You guys suck."  Meredith could have sworn he was about to start sucking his thumb.  She exaggerated a sigh and grabbed his arm.

 

"Come with me."

 

"K!"  He smiled like a happy 5-year-old.

 

Meredith brought him away from the platform of the train station to and open area.  The scenery was beautiful.  They were in the middle of a quaint Swiss village.  The Alps surrounded them. She pointed to one of the tallest peak that they could see. "That's where we are going."

 

"Huh?"  Justin looked at her and to where she pointing, then back at her.

 

She shook her finger at the mountain. "That mountain right there.  We are going to the top."

 

He raised an eyebrow. "How?"

 

"By train."  She dropped her arm and smiled at him.

 

Justin shook his head, confused. "But.."

 

She cut him off. "This train will take us to a stop call Kliendrig.  From there we will take a tunnel train to the top.  So we will be like IN the mountain."

 

"Oh WOW."  Justin was still a little confused, but amazed.

 

"Justin it's going to be 45 minutes to an hour in a tunnel.  Will you promise not to whine."

 

He nodded his head vigorously. "I'm too excited to whine now!"

 

"Good." She let out a deep breath and looked at him.  He was grinning at her lovingly.  Before she had any time to think, his lips were on hers and his arms were around her small body.  The sound of a train whistle rang in their ears.

 

She mumbled against his lips. "I hear our train coming."

 

"I love you." He whispered tucking a piece of hair behind her ear.

 

She giggled. "That was random."

 

"I don't care."  He said before claiming her lips again.

 

She pushed him away. "We need to go."

 

"ummk."  He said with a dreamy expression on his face.

 

They walked back over to where Lonnie was standing. "Did you tell him?"

 

"Yeah, I told him, kinda."  Meredith shrugged.

 

Justin placed his arm around her shoulders. "What do you mean kinda?"

 

"Well, you don't know what is up there.  All you know is that that's where we are going."

 

Justin watched as the train came to a stop right in front of them. "AT least I know we do have a destination."

 

Meredith bent down and picked up her bookbag. "Come on, let's get a window seat, babes."

 

"YES!  She is using nicknames again.  She's no longer mad."  Justin rooted.

 

"TIMBERFAKE COME ON!"  She yelled from the steps of the train.

 

Lonnie began chuckling and Justin glared at him. "Stop laughing."

 

"Aye Aye Captain."  Lonnie saluted him and they both started laughing.  They boarded the plane and followed Meredith to a perfect window seat.

 

-------------------

An hour or so later

 

"Man, this is kinda scary."  Justin peered out the window of the train and all he saw was the reflection of himself, inside the train against black.

 

"We should be there soon."  Meredith said looking at the London newspaper her and Lonnie were reading.  Justin had become so jittery she had to get away from him.

 

Lonnie laughed. "Hey, look at this.  It seems that our little Britney threw a tantrum at the London airport when her flight was delayed."

 

"God I hate tabloids."  Justin mumbled.

 

"I think it is sad that people have to be so intrigued by the juicy details, real or not, of peoples lives.  I mean that's all you are, a person.  But I guess they just don't realize that." Meredith looked at Justin, she could tell he was a little angry.  Even though it wasn't him that the article was talking about, he had been in the situation MANY times before, and Britney was a friend.

 

"Yeah, they think we are perfect.  So in order to make our life more dramatic they make up shit."  Justin said grabbing the paper and glancing over the article.  "I wonder what Mr. Wills McVenan would think if I probed into HIS life."

 

"Who?"

 

"Wills McVenan, the writer of this article."

 

"Oh that's weird, we met that guy named Wills from London and his fiancee in Milos, 'member?"

 

"Yeah..." Justin said in a distant tone.  He looked at something on the paper for a minute and back up at Meredith. 

 

"What is it, J?"

 

"Oh it's probably nothing, but there is another article in here written by a Gillian."

 

Meredith's eyes got big.  Then she shook her head.  "You don't think..."

 

"Nah, probably not.  I HOPE not."

 

Lonnie looked back and forth between the two. "What's going on? Guys?"

 

"In Milos, that night me and Justin went to that cafe.  When I told you he had to dance?" Meredith said.

 

"Oh yeah, show us the dance again J."  Lonnie chuckled.  Justin just stared at the paper.

 

She continued. "Anyway, a couple, Wills and Gillian, from London, came and sat and talked with us.  Not for long, but if they are reporters it was long enough for them to..." 

 

Justin interrupted her. "No! NO!  We are just paranoid.  I do not want to have to spend my time worrying about this.  It's just a coincidence.  Wills and Gillian are VERY popular British names.  Let's just enjoy this."  Justin looked out the window at the blackness. 

 

Meredith looked at Lonnie, who was giving her a worried glance.  It was a long shot, but it was enough to make all of them worry.  She stood up and picked up their bookbags and extra coats that occupied the seat beside Justin and put them in the seat beside Lonnie.  She lifted the armrest and sat down in the seat beside Justin.  She looked at him for a while.  He didn't move or acknowledge her.  Just stared out the window.  He was biting his nails and his fingers were trembling. She looked down to his lap. He was gripping the material of his jeans on top of his thigh so hard, his knuckles were white.  She placed her hand on top of his gripping hand.  He stopped gripping he material and slowly turned his hand and took her hand in his.  He brought it up to his mouth kissed the back of her hand.  With his lock on her hand he pulled her close to him and allowed her to snuggle to his shoulder.  He unlaced their fingers and wrapped a comforting arm around her shoulders.

 

"Don't worry. No matter what happens, I'm not going anywhere."  She looked up at him and smiled.

 

"I know you aren't.  I'm just so use to this that it's sickening.  I'm sure it's nothing to worry about."  Justin said with a sigh.

 

Before they knew it, outside the train, lights started appearing and the blackness turned into a brown.  Then the train slowly came to a stop.  Meredith smiled brightly.

 

"We're here."  She whispered excitedly.  They all grabbed their stuff and they stepped off the train in the now, dimly lit tunnel.  Justin shivered and pulled a sweatshirt over his long-sleeved shirt.

 

"You were right!  It IS chilly."

 

"It's going to get warmer, but then its going to get even COLDER!"  She smiled and put on her ski jacket.

 

They followed the rest of the passengers through two sets of double doors and they looked like to be in some sort of lodge. It was very cozy and warm. There were tables, a cafeteria, brochure stands, an information desk, and a gift shop.  People dressed like Eskimos buzzed around.  Meredith smiled as she remembered the place.

 

A few years before, her family had taken a trip to Europe and her dad insisted that they come here.  It was her favorite place.  Probably the most beautiful place she had EVER been too.  She grabbed Justin's hand and pulled him over to one of the long wooden cafeteria tables.  Before they got to where Justin could see, she turned him around to where his back was to a HUGE glass window.  Meredith stood in front of him.

 

"Back up."  She looked around to make sure he wouldn't trip on anything. 

 

"Umm OK?"  Justin did as he was told.

 

"OK, you can stop."  She looked out the windows and sighed.  "Turn around."

 

Justin quickly did as he was told and his mouth dropped open.  He smiled slowly and breathed, "Wow."

 

"I'm not a very big, mountain person, but that is AWESOME!"  Lonnie said staring at the amazing sight in front of them.

 

Outside the glass window was a range of snowcapped mountains.  It was a perfectly clear day and an untouched glacier was glistening in the sunlight right before them.

 

Meredith looked at the sight and then back at the two men taken in the sight.

 

"If you guys think this is cool, you aint seen NOTHING yet."  She smiled at them when they turned and looked at her.  "Come on, follow me."

 

They followed her and walked up a few steps.  They stood in an area in front of double doors that people were entering.  "OK fellows, get bundled up.  We are going into a ice cave."

 

"A what?" Lonnie asked like she was crazy.

 

"It's a cave made of just ice.  I don't know how they keep it from melting with all the people that walk through there.  But there are all types of ice sculptures and tunnels.  But it's rather chilly and also kinda slippery.  So, if you start to fall, don't grab me, because I don't want to go down with you."  She giggled and they all got wrapped in warm clothes.

 

"Ready?"  She smiled.

 

"This is exciting!"  Justin said happily.

 

"And this is not even the HALF of it!"  She kissed him on the cheek and looked at Lonnie.  She busted out laughing.  He looked like a big black Eskimo.

 

"I better like this."  He grumbled.

 

Meredith grabbed his hand and stood in-between Justin and him.  She grabbed Justin's hand as well as nudged Lonnie.  "Just pretend you are 10 years old.  And you will enjoy this." 

 

She walked ahead of them and pulled the door open.  There in front of them was an elevator.  Meredith pressed the button that said down and started humming a tune as they waiting for the elevator.

 

"Meredith, could you NOT hum the darth vadar theme?"  Lonnie breathed.

 

"Oh I'm sorry."  She smiled brightly and when the elevator doors open she guiding them in.  They were the only ones in the elevator and as it made its was down Meredith began quietly singing another song. "It's the end of the world as we know it, It's the end..."

 

"OK.  I'm being very nice.  You know I hate cold weather and here you are dragging me into the depths of Mt. Everest.  Could you please stop acting like I'm going to die."  Lonnie pleaded.

 

Before any of them had time to say anything else the doors opened and they stepped out into a blank room with two wooden doors that had the words "ICE HOUSE" printed on them in several languages.  A poster with warnings and such was posted beside the doors. 

 

"Everyone warm?"  She asked and they nodded with grins.

 

"OK.  Here we go."  Meredith opened the doors grandly and they were all hit with the cold air of the "ice house".  They walked in looked around as an aqua clearness surrounded them. 

 

"Oh my gosh look at those bears!"  Lonnie pointed to 3 sculptures of bears.  Meredith raised an eyebrow at Justin and locked her hand with his as they followed Lonnie through the icehouse.  They had fun marveling and laughing at the sculptures and passing through the tunnels.  At one part there was a dining room sculpture where people could actually sit down at the table.  All three of them sat down as a German man took their photo. 

 

As they stood up Meredith grabbed Justin's hand.  They began walking and Meredith's tennis shoes didn't grip the ice right and she fell down with a thud, bringing Justin with her.  He lay straight on top of her.

 

"You OK?"  He whispered.

 

"Oh, believe me, I'm fine."  She smiled at him smiling back at her.

 

"That you are."  He closed the gap between their faces and claimed her lips.

 

"UHHUMMM!" Someone cleared their throat.

 

They looked up and saw Lonnie standing above them.  They both giggled.  Justin pushed himself off of her and pulled her up.

 

"Thank you for realizing that this IS a public place."  Lonnie smiled and motioned for them to go in front of him. 

 

They continued on through the tunnels.  Meredith laughed so hard when they went down "Midget's tunnel" which was a tunnel for only the short and skinny.  Justin had to bend over to pass through and Meredith took a picture of his butt that was staring her in the face as he crouched through the tunnel. Meredith had no trouble passing through and turned around to see Lonnie not even trying to pass through.  She took a picture of him with his hands on his hips raising an eyebrow at her in the tunnel.

 

She and Justin got through the tunnel and walked back through an ice hallway to where Lonnie was waiting.

 

"So, that's it of the ice house.  You guys ready to have some more fun?"

 

Justin kissed her temple. "Yeah!  This is really cool M!"

 

"Even I had FUN!"  Lonnie said dramatically.

 

"Let's go."  They exited out a different door and they took a different elevator back to the lodge area.

 

"Let's eat first before we do the main thing."  They got in line at the cafeteria and Meredith turned to Justin and Lonnie.  "Now this IS cafeteria food.  I'd go with the fries.  I know they are safe."

 

They went through the line and turned their nose up at most of the food before they settled down at a cafeteria table by a window with that glorious view.

 

"So after we eat what are we doing?"  Justin asked playfully.

 

"We go outside."

 

Lonnie choked on his food. "Outside?"

 

"Yeah."  Meredith shrugged.

 

Lonnie eyed Justin and Justin looked at Meredith and mouthed 'crazy'.  And pointed at her when she wasn't watching.

 

"I saw that Timberfake."  She said not looking at him.

 

"How..what...you....uggh!"  Justin let a frustrated sigh escape.  Meredith giggled and smiled at him sweetly before stuffing his mouth with 3 fries.

------------

 

When they finished talking and eating, Meredith stood up and looked at the two men sitting there laughing at something.

 

"OK, boys. Listen up."  They turned and looked at her.  "I know it's only 1:30, but what we do next will probably be the last thing we do today.  Actually its the only other thing we can do here.  Umm, when I came here a couple years ago with my family, it was right after a really hard time that I was going through."  Meredith knew that Lonnie didn't know about Dan, and she knew this was no time to tell him, so she left that out.  "Dad insisted that we come here, and well, this is probably my favorite place in the world.  I just think it's SO beautiful.  You might not think so, but anyways, lets just get on with it."

 

Justin looked at her questionably, but she just picked up their plates and threw them away as they bundled back up.

 

"Alrighty, follow me, as usual."  She smiled and led them up several flights of stairs to glass door.  They walked through the door and waited with about 10 other people while a man spoke in several languages.  He first gave the instructions in German, then English.

 

"When you go outside, remember that the black ropes are for your safety.  Please do NOT cross these ropes.  If you do it can be life threatening.  Parents please keep your children close to you and do not let them get too close to the ropes."

 

Meredith whispered in Justin ear, "Stay away form the black ropes honey."  He glared at her, playfully.

 

The speaker finished off. "OK, you are welcome to go outside now."

 

The man opened the thick metal door and allowed people to walk through.  Justin, Meredith and Lonnie all slipped on their sunglasses as they headed out into a blinding white.  They walked up a pathway of snow.  It was piled over their heads so they couldn't see anything but the person in front of them.   The path started to incline and a few steps later they were at their destination.

 

An area about the size of a basketball court was marked off in the packed snow.  A Swiss flag on a 20ft pole flapped in the wind in the middle of the area.  On one end about 40 ft from the rope the mountain dropped off and you could see all the way to the bottom of the mountain.  They were so high up; they were above the few lingering clouds. 

 

"This is...."  Lonnie spoke but couldn't put into words the sight he saw.  Justin looked at the view and at Meredith before he pulled her close and wrapped his arms around her from behind.

 

"I love you."  He whispered.

 

"You'll love me even more when you turn around."

 

"What's there?"  They turned their heads to look at each other.  Meredith sighed.

 

"My favorite thing to look at besides you."  He kissed her briefly and turned both of them around.  Justin just stared at the beautiful view of mountains upon mountains.  Glaciers intertwined between them.  It looked like a painting, a postcard, something unreal.  It was a beautiful sight.

 

"I remember coming here and for the first time after Dan died feeling some sort of peace.  Like I could still make it, I could still move on.  That's probably why I like it so much.  I know its just a view and bit of ice and mountains.  So I am sorry if it doesn't mean that much to you.  I guess it wasn't really a great surprise.  I just needed to come back here.  Like closure on that part of my life.  I'm sorry..."

 

"Shut up, please?"  Justin interrupted her and kissed her temple before taking in a deep breath.  "I love this place.  It's perfect.  It's untouched, it's....I don't know, I cant describe it.  Thank you for sharing this with me.  This is the best surprise ANYONE could ever give me."

 

"Thank you for saying that."  Meredith leaned against him and they stood there amazed at the beauty in front of them, for as long as they needed. 

 

For Justin this place signified a place that didn't know his name, hadn't seen him, a place he cherished.  Places like this, places that were clean from him, his business, and the media were odd things in the world he knew.  It was a place just to get away.  It reminded him that there IS more out there for him to see and do, even though he had done SO much already.  And it was something that SHE had shared with him.  A place that he had no idea about and a place that obviously meant a lot to her.  And she had brought him there.  That meant more to him and anything he would ever possessed.

 

Meredith was very content with her life.  Justin was with her.  Dan was gone.  But she was able to get over it, because of Justin.  And this place.  He was her life now.  Without him, she was nothing.
Chapter 22 by Mere

Chapter 22

 

2 days later

------------

 

"Ah, Paris" Justin smiled with a French accent, looking up at their hotel.

 

"OK, now rule #1."  Lonnie started as they walk through the front doors.  "No making out when I'm around.  Or in public places. I know it's the "City of Love" or something, but Paris is swamped with reporters and fans and what not.  You know the drill."

 

"Yeah yeah, whatever."  Justin punched Lonnie's shoulder lightly as Meredith got their keys and reservations set.

 

Lonnie looked at Justin.  "This is pretty swanky.  Haven't we stayed here, before?"

 

"Yeah, we come to the Royal Monceau every time we are in Paris.  I think she got this hotel by slipping Johnny's name." 

 

After a few minutes of waiting in the chairs in the lobby, Meredith walked up to them and smiled.  "Let's go get our room."

 

"Room? As in singular?"  Justin asked.

 

Meredith sat down in his lap.  "Yeah, actually it's a suite.  With two bedrooms, a kitchen, and a big den area."

 

"Wow."  Justin touched his nose with hers.

 

She pressed her forehead against his. "Yeah, Johnny's idea."

 

"Figured."  Justin giggled and kissed her sweetly.

 

"Hey, HEY!!  Nuh UH!! Remember Rule #1??"  Lonnie said standing up.

 

"Damn."  Justin snapped his finger and bounced his knees to motion for her to stand up.

 

"Let's go check out our crib."  Justin stood up and stretched.

 

"Gosh, could you TRY to be more thuggish?"  Meredith asked sarcastically.  Lonnie laughed at her and Justin rolled his eyes. 

 

They took the small elevator up to the 4th floor and walked to their suite.  It was well, VERY nice.  After settling in, they all decided to go get something to eat.  They spent the night at an expensive French restaurant talking and laughing over everything imaginable.

 

The next day was spent visiting the Lourve, walking up the Chante Lessee to the Arc de Triumph.  It was a wonderful day without any worries or cares in the world.  A day just for Meredith and Justin to spend together.  Lonnie had stayed a careful distance behind them and let them do their own thing.  He had noticed a few people stare at them, amongst whispers.  But only 2 young girls had asked for an autograph.

 

That evening Justin and Meredith, of course with Lonnie, took the Metro to the Eiffel Tower and took the elevator all the way to the very top of the Tower.  It was very windy and they didn't stay there long because of the annoyed expression on Lonnie's face.  They made their way back down the elevator, stopping at the other two levels of the Tower to look over the spectacular view of Paris.  By the time they had reached the bottom, the Eiffel Tower had been lit up and it looked like a sense out of the movies. 

 

Justin and Meredith stood close, away from the tower, so they could look up at it.  They whispered meaningful nothings to each other, as Lonnie sat on a bench a few feet away.

 

"Hey, Lonnie will you come here and take a picture of us?"  Meredith asked.   He stood up and walked towards them.

 

"Sure."  He took her camera and took several pictures of them holding each other close and smiling goofy smiles at him. 

 

"Let's get a really good one!"  Justin piped in.

 

"What do you mean?" Meredith asked.

 

"I mean this!"  Justin picked Meredith up off her feet and swung her around as they both laughed.  Lonnie snapped the camera as Justin placed her back on the ground and kissed her passionately.  Lonnie smiled and took a great picture of them kissing with the Eiffel Tower lit up in the background. 

 

Lonnie brought the camera down and smiled at the two still kissing.  But he heard a clicking noise and saw a quick change in light like a flash.  He turned around and saw a man with a journalist's camera taking a picture of the two.

 

"HEY!"  Lonnie yelled.  The guy clutched his camera and ran away disappearing before Lonnie had the chance to do anything else.  He slowly turned around to Meredith and Justin.  They were still kissing, completely oblivious to what had just happened.  He looked around cautiously and sighed a breath of relief when he didn't see anyone else that was suspicious.

 

"Umm, guys, we need to go."  Lonnie said with an amount of fear.  Justin broke away and looked at Meredith and smiled lovingly.  He turned his gazed to Lonnie.

 

"What?"  Justin finally looked at him and saw the amount of fear on his face.  "What is it L?"

 

"Nothing.  Just...sorry.  Day dreaming."  Lonnie faked a smile and they all walked back to the hotel.  Justin still confused at Lonnie's behavior,

 

--------------------------------

Justin woke up and saw the sun casting rays of light through the sheer curtains across the room and on the bed.  He looked at the girl sleeping peacefully beside him.  He smiled at her content face and glanced at the clock.  It read 10:00.  He couldn't believe it was that late, but didn't have the heart to wake her. So, he decided to go get a paper and see what was happening outside of the dreamworld he had been in for the past week.  He brushed a fallen lock of hair out of her face and kissed her forehead.  She shifted slightly but didn't wake. 

 

Justin stood up and pulled a long-sleeved shirt over his head and pulled on some Adidas running pants and slipped on some flip-flops.  He walked out their bedroom and saw no sign of Lonnie but he didn't think anything of it.  He rode the elevator down to the lobby and sauntered over to a complementary magazine rack that was beside the front desk.  He found the London Times and picked it up.  Before he had the chance to look at it, he heard a familiar voice coming from the front doors.

 

"I DONT CARE!  GET THEM AWAY FROM HERE NOW!"  Justin looked over to see Lonnie telling off the French security guard that stood in front of the hotel at all times.

 

Lonnie turned back and spotted Justin who had a confused look on his face.  Lonnie bowed his head.  That's when he noticed what was outside the hotel.

 

Reporters. Cameras. Posters. Fans. Girls. Hell.

 

Lonnie returned his gaze to Justin and Justin looked at him bewildered.  He slowly looked down at the paper in his hands that were shaking.  The picture of him and Meredith kissing in front of the Eiffel Tower burned his eyes.  The headline read over and over in his mind.

 

"TIMBERLAKE FINDS LOVE"

 

And the writers of the article caused him to grip the paper in fury.

 

"Written by: Wills McVenan and Gillian Coles"

 

-----------

Justin couldn't believe this.  This was not happening.  It was like a dream.  No, a nightmare.  All he wanted was some privacy for 2 weeks.  That's all.  And it was taken away from him.  He didn't even read the paper.  His eyes just jerked between the headline, the picture, and the author's names.  He knew there was something odd about them when he met them.  He knew. 

 

No that's a lie.  He had no clue.  He was taught not to trust anyone.  But he had let that go.  For one moment he had let down his guard.  And he was taken advantage of.

 

He was oblivious to the screaming that had increased.  Someone outside had seen him through the glass front doors and a riot was starting outside.  But he didn't realize it.  Lonnie quickly walked over to him and put his hands in his pockets and let out a deep breath.

 

"I tried the best I could, but they said they can't get rid of them.  Let's go upstairs before we cause too big of a scene."  Lonnie placed a firm hand on Justin's slightly trembling shoulder.  At the touch, Justin's head jerked up surprisingly and Lonnie could see the fear and anger and horror in his eyes.  Justin's blurred sight finally focused on Lonnie.  He then looked over Lonnie's shoulder to the frenzy that was outside. 

 

Security guards and police tried their best to hold back the girls and reporters.  He noticed a few of them notice HIM staring at them and they started to wave frantically.  He stopped for a moment not knowing what to do.

 

So, he did what he was always told to do.  He plastered on a fake smile and waved to the people outside.  Lonnie's worried face turned into one of relief.

 

"Let's get out of here."  Lonnie pushed Justin to the elevators and they took it up to their floor.  They silently walked to the room and once inside Justin gently sat on the couch and read the article.

 

Lonnie cringed.  Justin would NOT like this.  He walked to the kitchen and got Justin a glass of water.  He sat it down on the coffee table in front of him and sat down on a chair in the corner.

 

All he could do know was wait. 

 

Wait for Justin to explode.

 

--------

Meredith sighed contently in their huge comfortable bed.  She stretched out and saw that Justin wasn't there.  The absence of his body heat caused the cold air hit her like an anvil and she desperately brought the covers around her to get warm.  Once the feeling returned she smiled.  She could smell his scent on his pillow.  They had been there 2 full nights and he was already leaving his mark. 

 

That's when she heard it.  Like a bomb exploding, she heard a sound of anger and rage, along with broken glass against a wall.  Her eyes popped open and the silence that followed was deafening.

 

But it didn't last for long. 

 

She heard his voice, but never like this.  THIS was scary.

 

"GET THIS FIXED NOW, LONNIE!  I DONT CARE WHAT IT TAKES!" 

 

It scared her.  She didn't know what was going on.  She slowly crept out of bed the cold air hitting her again.  She picked up one of Justin's sweatshirts that was laying on the floor and pulled it over her head to warm her body just covered by a tank top and flannel pants.  She walked to the door and slowly opened it.

 

Justin was pacing around the room mumbling obscenities.  Lonnie had his back to the wall, leaning against it, with a cell phone at his ear.  She saw Justin's look.  She was frightened by it. 

 

He paced around one last time before screaming, "DAMMIT!!"  He plopped down on the couch and picked up the paper furiously.

 

Meredith silently walked over to the couch where he was sitting.  Lonnie took notice of her and stopped mid-sentence on his phone.  Justin noticed this and looked up at him from the article.  He followed Lonnie's gaze and saw her. 

 

HE saw her.  Standing there. Wide-eyed.  Staring at the shattered vase and broken flowers, amongst a pool of water that was on the floor in front of the door. 

 

Confusion, anger, and hurt filled the room.  The room was silent.  The silence was torture.

 

Meredith stuttered at first, but finally found her voice, not looking up from the shattered glass.  "Wh-wh-what happened?"  She whispered.

 

She finally looked at Justin who was staring at shattered glass as well, not knowing what to do himself.  He was afraid he would blow up on her, and he DID NOT want that.  So, he just looked at Lonnie, then back at the glass, and finally rested his gaze on the paper in front of him. 

 

"I'll call you back in a few minutes, Johnny."  Lonnie said before hanging up his phone.  He closed his eyes and sighed from his position on the wall.

 

"OK, something is going on here.  What is it?  Please..." Meredith begged.  Lonnie opened his mouth to speak, but Justin beat him to it.

 

"Wills and Gillian decided they should write a story about us in the London Times."  He said without emotion.

 

Meredith's face turned to anger, understandment, and disappointment.  "Oh no."

 

"Yeah, my thoughts exactly."  Justin held up the paper and Meredith's mouth dropped as the headline and picture was forced into her sight. 

 

"I cant believe..." Meredith shook her head and slowly walked to the couch.  She cautiously sat down beside him and looked at the picture.

 

"I don't want you to read it."  Justin said, glancing at her from the corner of his eyes.

 

"Why?"  She asked terrified.

 

Justin bowed his head.  "They don't say very nice things, Meredith.  About either of us."  He paused and let out a breath. "Especially you."

 

Meredith could only say one thing, "Oh."

 

"Lonnie told me he saw someone with a camera last night when he was taking our picture."  Justin looked up at him.

 

"Since, you guys didn't notice, I didn't say anything, because I thought, if you two didn't know, you wouldn't have to worry about it.  I wasn't expecting this." Lonnie bowed his head.  "I'm so sorry." 

 

"Its OK, Lonnie."  Meredith whispered.  Justin opened the paper to the next page.

 

"They must have had a camera with them in Greece too."  Justin and Meredith looked at the pictures of them in Milos.  There were three.  One of kissing at the table, another of Meredith with her face in her hands and Justin pointing to himself, and the last one of them laughing over something.

 

-Why did they do this? - 

 

"Because they can."  Justin rested back on the couch and closed his eyes. 

 

"I didn't mean to say that outloud."  Meredith whispered.

 

"I'm going to fix this.  I'm going to go in the kitchen and make a few phone calls."  Lonnie said pushing himself from the wall.

 

"I'll call the guys and tell them, in case anyone asks them, or whatever."  Justin sighed.

 

Meredith stared at the floor then at him. "What are you going to tell them to say?" 

 

Justin looked at her for the first time since all this had happened.  He looked at her directly in the eye and they could see how angry and scared the other one was. "The truth." 

 

She gave him a light smile and stood up as he went to find his phone.  "I'll clean up the mess.  Do any of you want room service because I'm about to starve?"  She giggled, trying to lighten the mood.

 

"Get me...something."  Lonnie said returning back to his phone call.

 

Meredith went to find a broom in a closet. She found one and turned around. "Justin?  You want anything?"

 

"I'm not hungry."  He mumbled, as he dialed a few numbers.

 

"OK."  She said meekly and went to clean up the shattered vase, while everyone else trying to clean up their shattered vacation.

 

Lonnie spent the day on the phone with everyone imaginable.  Every now and then he would go downstairs to check out the crowd.  It kept getting larger.

 

Justin spent the day re-reading the article and talking to the guys, Johnny, his mom, and their public relations guy, Thomas.

 

Meredith sat in a chair out on the balcony, eating an apple, and watching the peacefulness of this part of Paris.  The view they had wasn't great or anything.  But it was of a small garden made on the roof of a shorter building.  She could see the top of the Arc a few miles away.  She increased the volume on her CD player and let her mind be carried away by Third Eye Blind.  She had talked to Johnny, Thomas, JC, Lynn, and Mike all earlier that day.  Each one of them had given her the same advice.  "Be careful."  It scared her.  Was she in danger?  She had never been in this situation before.  On tour, nobody questioned her.  She had only had her picture in any media related thing once, and that was in a teenybopper magazine when the guys had brought her and the other girls of the tour on stage.  The magazine listed her as *Nsync's Assistant and nothing more.

 

Justin had not let her read the article.  But she was dying to get her hands on it.  She needed to know what they had pictured her as.  She NEEDED to know.

 

She turned around from her chair and look back into the room.  Justin walked into their bedroom, finally not on the phone and Lonnie had his back to her at the kitchen table with a phone glued to his ear.  She spotted the prize.  Laying on the coffee table.  She stood up and placed her headphones around her neck.  She quickly but silently walked to the table and picked up the paper.  She walked back to her perch on the balcony and shut the glass doors behind her, but closing the drapes across them, first.  She sat in her seat and looked at the paper.  She smiled at the picture.  It was very good.  She loved pictures like that of her and Justin.  They were just, perfect.  The headline replayed in her mind.  And she didn't think it was that bad.  "Timberlake finds love."  It's actually kinda sweet, or so she thought.

 

-------

Justin walked out of the bedroom and sat across from Lonnie at the table.  Lonnie gave him a half smile and continued on talking.

 

"Really?...What did they have to say about it?....Wow, that's great.  GO Carson!" Lonnie chuckled.  Justin looked up at him. 

 

"Hold on for a minute."  Lonnie said in the phone before he turned his focus on Justin.  "MTV got the news and Johnny has called them and asked them not say anything.  They were going to make it part of the Newbrief on TRL.  But Carson shot them down and told them to wait until you at least have time to make a statement or something."

 

Justin nodded.  He had done a lot of that today.

 

-Thank you Carson.  Thank you SO MUCH! Note to self: Give Carson a BIG thank you card. - 

 

He thought for a while and looked out to the balcony.  His eyebrow connected in confusion, when he saw the drapes closed.  Justin stood up and patted Lonnie's shoulder as he made his way to the doors.  He pulled the drape back and looked at her.

 

She was reading the article.  He saw how her hands were firm, but not gripping or shaking as she held the paper.  He could see the side of her face and saw that her cheeks her dry.  So he figured, maybe she was OK with what was said in the article.  Maybe it didn't bother her.  Maybe she knew that all of it was just a bunch of BS.  Maybe she was taking this much better than he thought she would.  Maybe...

 

----------------------------

Lonnie, Meredith, Justin, and Johnny (via speakerphone) all sat at the kitchen table of the luxurious suite that for now, was their prison.

 

Lonnie had been able to go out and about.  He went down to the lobby several times talking with the consiare and guards and checking on the stability of the crowds.  Justin had been down their twice just because he couldn't stand being locked up in a hotel room all day.  He even went to the indoor heated pool for a while.  Meredith on the other hand had stayed inside the room all day.  She called everyone possibly imaginable just to keep her mind off things and to help tame the boredom.  She had watched CNN (the only English Channel) for a few hours and listened to every CD she had brought with her straight through. 

 

Now they were all waiting on their instructions.  What to do next.  What could they do next?

 

Over the phone Johnny spoke.  "Well, we find it pointless to send more security there.  By the time they get there, It will be time for you guys to be on a flight to Hawaii.  I don't see any reason why that should be canceled."  Meredith sighed and mouthed a quick prayer. She did NOT want the rest of this trip to be ruined.  "Tomorrow morning, early, like 5 or 6, you guys are going to be moved to a loft.  Some Jive executive owns it.  What time is your flight tomorrow evening?"

 

"6, meaning we need to be at the airport by 4:30, the latest."  Meredith answered.

 

"OK, then tomorrow, do whatever. OK?  Don't worry about press or fans or anything.  They shouldn't be a problem.  Of course the whole world knows now that you two are in Paris, and that you are going to Hawaii, but I hate for this to ruin you guys' time together."

 

"It's already ruined one day."  Justin mumbled from his head that lay on the table.

 

"I'll keep them safe, Johnny.  Don't worry."  Lonnie spoke up.  Meredith smiled at him and reached across the table and squeezed his hand. 

 

"I know you will Lonnie, I know.  So, everyone understands everything.  Early wake up, go to loft, do whatever, then airport. K?"

 

"Thanks Johnny."  Meredith said.

 

"Yeah, you guys be careful out there."

 

"Bye." Justin mumbled.

 

"Wait. Justin, could you pick up the phone? I want to speak to you privately."

 

"Yeah."  He straightened himself only to slouch down in the chair as he picked up the phone.

 

"I'm going to bed.  Nothing better to do." Meredith stood up and smiled at Lonnie and walked back to the bedroom and shutting the door behind her.  She slipped off her clothes and into some pajamas.  The bed was like a sigh of relief.  Today had been such a strange day.  She was with Justin physically, but it was like he was miles away.  They had spoken all of about 7 words to each other.  They hadn't touched each other, kissed, anything all day.  It was almost as if they were afraid someone might capture it on film and expose it.

 

Meredith pulled the covers around her small body and clung to the pillow that Justin had been using.  It was the closest thing to comfort she had had all day.

 

She was scared.  She wouldn't admit it, but she was.  She was terrified of what people thought of her.  What the fans thought of her.  She used to pick on them and laugh at how crazy they were.  But she had to respect them because of their loyalty and support to the 5 guys she cared so much about.  That article had posted her as someone that had stolen Justin.  A nobody, that had brainwashed Justin to love her.  They showed her as an enemy to the fans and THAT scared her.  Because if the fans thought that she was doing something wrong to Justin, they would let her know.  They would make SURE to let her know.  She knew Justin owed everything he had to his fans, and she hoped they would be compassionate because she wouldn't lose him over this.  She couldn't.

 

The tears fell freely now.  And the one person that she needed to be there wasn't.

 

Meanwhile....

 

"This sucks, Johnny. I hate this.  I just want to be alone with her and not have to worry about all this."  Justin sighed and looked at Lonnie.  He made some motion that said he was going to bed and patted Justin's shoulder as he left.

 

"I know, I know I'm going to have to make a statement...Did you read the article?...They made her sound like a shedevil...God I hate this!...Yeah, seriously. I don't know what we would have done if Lonnie wasn't here...Yeah, I know...OK, tell everyone I said not to worry about us...We are fine...OK, bye Johnny."  Justin hung up the phone and let out a frustrated sigh.  It had been probably one of the most stressful days of his life. 

 

He pushed his chair back from the table and stood up to stretch.  He made his way to their room and slowly pushed open the door.  He saw the mound of covers and decided not to wake her.  He felt dirty and tired.  A shower would be very refreshing, he thought.  Justin walked to the bathroom, grabbing some clean boxers on the way and closed the door behind him. 

 

Minutes later Justin pushed the shower door back open.  Clad now in only boxers, he rubbed his hair fiercely with the small white towel.  He placed it around his neck as he bent down to look through his bag for a shirt.  Before he could find one, she spoke.

 

"Justin?"  Her voice was meek and scared.

 

"Yeah..." He responded without emotion.

 

She hesitated for a moment before flipping over in the bed, so that she was finally facing him.  He looked up from his bag and saw her.  Her eyes were red and puffy.  Her cheeks were stained with dry tears and her lips were cracked and dry.  "I'm so sorry." 

 

Justin stood up and threw the shirt he had in his hand back in the bag and tossed the towel around his neck over the back of a chair.  He took a deep breath and pulled the covers back.  He slowly lay down and propped himself on one side so he could look at her.  The covers were placed back around his body and he studied her sorrow-filled expression.

 

He voice dropped to a smooth whisper. "Baby, it's not your fault."  He lightly touched her cheek.

 

"But I let them sit with us, I invited them into our lives without a second thought.  I'm such an idiot."

 

"No you are NOT!  I saw that you read that article, and I do not want you to believe those things they wrote about you.  I don't know what joy they get out of lying about other people, but it's not worth letting them get to you."

 

"I thought you'd be mad at me."  She looked down at her hand that was playing with a lose string of the pillow.  Justin placed a hand over hers to stop it.

 

"Look at me, and tell me that I'm mad at you." She looked at him and only saw love in his eyes and a smile on his face.  But she still felt guilty.

 

"I'm so-"

 

Justin interrupted her. "Stop apologizing.  The only people that should be apologizing right now are those reporters."

 

"I don't know why, but I feel so cheap."  He put a hand on her waist and pulled her body to his.  He wrapped his arms around her as her head and hand rested on his chest.

 

"What can I do to make you not feel that way?  I'll do anything."  Justin whispered.

 

"Will you sing to me?"  She moved her head and looked up at him.  He leaned forward and pressed his lips to her forehead.

 

"Of course."  They both relaxed back into their regular positions and Meredith sighed as she heard Justin take a deep breath.

 

"Mmmbop ba de ba dop ba do bop a de ba dop ba-"

 

She giggled. "Nooooo, something soft.  One of *Nsync's slow songs."

 

He smiled.  "What about God must have spent?"

 

"Yeahhh."  She whispered like a little child.

 

"Can this be true?

Tell me can this be real?

How can I put into words what I feel?

My life was complete.

I thought I was whole.

Why do I feel like I'm losing control?

 

He kept looking in her eyes and singing the song to her.  Meredith brought her hand from his chest and moved her body, so that she was lying flat on top of him.  She let one hand play with his damp curls, as he continued singing to her, smiling.

 

It got near the end of the song and  Justin pulled her face close to his and kissed her softly on her cheek, eyes, nose, chin, forehead, everywhere as he breathed the next line.

 

"On you on you on you on you"

 

Meredith propped her self above him on her elbows, as she still lay straight on top of his body.  He cupped her cheeks and brought her face down to his, capturing her lips in a heavenly kiss. He pulled away and looked into her deep eyes, smiling, as he saw everything she was feeling at that moment.

 

"God must have spent a little more time on you."  As he dragged out the last word he brought she brought her face closer to his.

 

"A little more time on you."  As soon as he finished, Meredith touched her lips with his.  They both needed this comfort.  They had missed it all day, and were in dire need after all the stress that had taken over them.

 

After a few minutes of kissing and holding each other, Justin pulled away.

 

"No matter what happens, ever, to either one of us, I want you to remember I will ALWAYS and I mean ALWAYS love you."  He claimed her lips once more and this time she broke away.

 

"I know, Justin.  I'll love you for forever, too."  She brought up her hand, so that he could see the promise ring.  The constant reminder to both of them, of each other's love.

 

"We need to go to bed, 5 o'clock is REAL early."  Justin laughed for probably the first time all day.

 

"OK. Goodnight, J."  Meredith kissed him one last, brief time before snuggling close to his shirtless body.

 

Justin wrapped a protective arm around, and they got into their normal position, of him on his back, her on her side snuggled to him. "Goodnight, angel."

----------------------------------------

 

Lonnie quietly walked across the suite to the other bedroom door.  He had been up for an hour, finalizing everything, calling a limo, ect.  He went down stairs, earlier, and to his amazement only saw 3 reporters and maybe 4 fans waiting.  A big improvement from yesterday.  He quietly knocked on the door and when no answer came he cracked the door and peeked his head in.

 

"Hey, you two, get up.  It's quarter till 5 and you guys need to pack, still."  He called to them.

 

"Go away Lonnie."  Justin mumbled and rolled over; laying half his body on Meredith's still sleeping one.

 

"No, get up.  Don't make me drag you out of that bed."  Lonnie laughed when Justin sat up.  His curls were untamed and his eyes were only tiny slits.

 

"I'm up, now leave."  Justin plopped back on the bed, causing Meredith to stir awake.  He noticed and smiled at her tenderly as her eyes open.  "Sorry, babe."

 

She yawned and stretched. "It's OK.  What time is it?"

 

"Time to get up!"  Lonnie yelled.  Meredith didn't realize he was in there and this caused her to jump.

 

"Lonnie, we will be ready, just 5 more minutes."  Justin put a pillow over his head.

 

"OK, fine.  You get 5 more minutes."  Lonnie walked over to them and pulled all the covers off and threw them on the floor.  "I'll be back in 5 minutes."  He smiled at the two, now shivering, and left them.

 

Meredith shivered and looked at Justin.  HE was just in boxers huddled in a ball, and she was at least a little better with a T-shirt and, boxers, and socks.  He was rubbing his arms furiously and his teeth were chattering.  Meredith giggled and scooted close to him.

 

"Here, body heat."  She snuggled close to him and he wrapped his arms around her.

 

He looked at her and smiled devilishly.  "I know how to make some body heat."

 

"Oh pul-" Before Meredith had a change to comment Justin tackled her, and pinned her to the bed.  He kissed her playfully and finally pulled away only to attack her neck.  But before Justin got too carried away, Lonnie swung the door open.

 

"Good morning Sun- Oh SORRY!" Lonnie shut the door quickly.  Meredith looked up at Justin who was peering over his shoulder at the now shut door.  She began laughing uncontrollably.

 

"What?"

 

"He just thought we were doing something"

 

"We were."  Justin smiled before kissing her neck again.  She pushed him away.

 

"Justin! Stop my love.  We need to pack."  She looked up at his puppy face.

 

"Nooo..." He whined.  She smiled and brought his face down to hers for one slow, soft, sensual, LONG kiss.  When they broke away, they were both breathless.  She smiled sweetly and pushed him off of her and walked out of their room.  She found Lonnie carrying his bags to the front door.

 

"Lonnie, nothing was going on."

 

"Surrreee.  Don't worry I don't need to know." He rolled his eyes.

 

"Seriously, nothing happened.  I don't want you to assume things."  She smiled evilly and turned back to the door.

 

"I don't assume, I know."  She stopped at the door and turned around, giving him a "look."

 

"And what do you know exactly?"  She put her hands on her hips.

 

"Why are we having a conversation about you and Justin's sex life.  I really don't care about it."

 

"We are having a conversation because me and Justin's sex life is non-existent."

 

"Oh yeah, sure.  Just like he and Kim's were- nevermind."

 

"Nuh uhhhh, you GOTTA tell me now!"  Meredith smiled curiously and walked towards him.  Before she got too far, two hands grabbed her waist and pulled her back to the bedroom.  Before Justin shut the door, he smiled a fake smile at Lonnie.

 

"Thanks Lonnie, appreciate that!"  Justin said sarcastically, slamming the door.  He turned to Meredith, who was looking at him amused and said; "We need to pack."

 

"I'm almost finished.  I did some yesterday. Why don't we talk about this whole little "SEX" thing, Lonnie brought up."  She giggled putting on some jeans and a T-shirt.  He looked at her and shook his head before returning to stuffing things in his bag.

 

"Meredith, I don't want to talk about my former girlfriends and whether or not I had sex with them."  He walked into the bathroom and started packing all his toiletries.  Meredith finished getting dress then sat on the bed for a moment thinking, before she got up and followed him.  She leaned on the doorframe.

 

"Why not?  Why don't you want to tell me?  I mean I know its personal, but..." She saw how he wasn't acknowledging her.

 

She sighed.  "Nevermind."  She walked into the bathroom and picked up her shampoo, conditioner, razor, etc.  When she turned around she saw Justin staring at her through the mirror.

 

"What?"  She said annoyed.  He stuck his tongue out playfully at her through the mirror and she just rolled her eyes.  She brushed past him out of the bathroom and placed all the stuff she was carrying in her bag.  Justin followed her and wrapped his arms around her shoulders and whispered into the back of her neck.

 

"Do you really want to know?"

 

She turned in his embrace and placed her hands on his upper arms. "It's up to you.  I'm curious, yeah.  But I don't want you to tell me if you don't want to.  Even though we've never talked about it, I just figured you weren't a virgin."

 

He tilted his head to the side and looked at her sincerely. "Does that bother you?"

 

"No, that's your decision.  Besides, I kinda like having someone that is more experienced than me."  She shrugged and kissed his lips quickly, before turning back around and zipping up her packed bag.

 

Justin let her go and went back to his own bags. "You are so cute."

 

"Random." She giggled.

 

Justin folded a shirt and put it in his bag. "No, I mean.  A lot of people would care.  But YOU don't, that's cute."

 

"How old were you?"  She was done packing so she scanned the room for anything she forgot.

 

Justin zipped up his packed bag. "18."

 

"Was that when you were dating Lindsey?"  She sat down on the bed and watched as he placed another 1/2 empty bag beside her and started filling it with clothes.

 

"Yeah."  He smiled and nodded.  She smiled back and giggled.

 

"Are you going to put any more clothes on today, or are you just going to strut around in your underwear?"

 

"You would like that wouldn't you?"

 

"Yeah but Lonnie wouldn't."  They both laughed and then an awkward silence entered the room.

 

"You are still curious aren't you?"  Justin smiled a half smile at her position on the bed.

 

She looked at him and simply shook her head no, not looking at him directly.  Justin zipped the duffel bag closed and placed it beside the rest of his luggage.  He walked over to the bed and sat down beside Meredith.

 

"OK, so here we go.  I lost my virginity to Lindsey when I had just turned 18.  About 6 months later we broke up. She was my longest girlfriend. I off and on dated people, but never had sex with anyone until February of last year when I met Kim.  I didn't love her like I did Lindsey, but we still..ya know."  He said in almost one breath.  Meredith looked at him and smiled.

 

"Thanks."

 

"So now you know."  He smiled back at her and she just rolled her eyes.

 

"Put some clothes on, J."  She stood up, but he pulled her back down in his lap.

 

"You know one day, YOU are going to be added to that list."  He smiled and rubbed his nose with hers.

 

"Yeah, I know."  She said nervously.

 

"You might not believe this, but I'm glad we are waiting.  It's going to be so special, and beautiful, and magical, and.."

 

"Hey guys, are you packed yet?"  Lonnie called through the door, interrupting Justin.

 

"Yeah, L-dawg."  Meredith sighed and kissed Justin's forehead before she got up to open the door and let Lonnie in.

 

"Are you going to put any clothes on, boy?"  Lonnie laughed at Justin, as he picked up their bags.

 

"Nah, I'm just going to walk around Paris, in JANUARY, in my boxers."  Justin said sarcastically.

 

"Well it's almost 5:30, we need to be out of the hotel by 6.  The crowd is not bad at all now, but once the sun comes up it will be.  So hurry!"  Lonnie took their bags and headed out the door.  He called after him.

 

"The limo is already here, just get dressed.  I'm taking these bags down to the lobby, so the driver can get them in the car."

 

"OK Lonnie."  They both said.

 

After Lonnie came back from loading the limo, Justin and Meredith were finally ready to go.  They double-checked the hotel to make sure they weren't missing anything and left the suite.

 

"Man, I'm glad to get out of there."  Meredith sighed as they waited for the elevator.

 

Justin thought for a moment.  "Yeah, you were cooped up in there for..damn, for a LONG time.  ARE YOU OK?"  Justin shook her shoulders and giggled. As they entered the elevator.

 

"Maybe you should ask yourself that, J."  She playfully rolled her eyes.  They got to the lobby and Lonnie stopped at the front desk to secure everything as Meredith and Justin just kinda hung back.  Lonnie approached them and sighed.

 

"OK.  There aren't many people out there.  I'm going to walk behind you, and the hotel guard will lead.  Just, get in the limo and go.  There are 3 girls out there and 3 reporters.  You don't want to sign autographs do you?" 

 

"If it's only 3, I guess its no big deal."

 

"Sure?"

 

"Yeah.  Sure."  Justin shrugged.

 

"OK.  But do it quickly.  Meredith is not use to all this stuff.  Oh, and don't answer the reporters questions.  Just ignore them."  Lonnie said, more to Meredith than to Justin.

 

"So are we all set?"  Justin asked.

 

"Yeah.  Lets go."  Lonnie said.  Justin firmly grasped Meredith's hand protectively and made his way out of the hotel. 

 

Camera's immediately started flashing and the young girls started squealing.  Justin showed a grin to the cameras and girls and squeezed Meredith's hand lightly.  Justin stopped for only 10 seconds to scribble his name on the pieces of paper the young girls waved in front of his face.  The reporters yelled Justin's and even Meredith's name, but she just stay with Justin and smiled at the few girls that were there.  Surprisingly they smiled back. 

 

The next thing Meredith knew, she was in a limo sitting beside Justin, and across from Lonnie.  Justin looked at her and laughed a short laugh.  "Welcome to the life in front of the camera."

 

Meredith looked at him and them rested her cheek against his shoulder.  He wrapped an arm around her, as she watched them ride down the streets of Paris.

-------------------------------------

 

After dropping by the loft just to have breakfast and put down their luggage, Justin and Meredith decided to do a little shopping at the Galleries Lafayette, what they were supposed to do the day before.  They had spent the morning shopping and browsing, not being bothered by too many people. Lonnie didn't let them go into very crowded stores in the gallery so that was help.  The three stuck out like a sore thumb, with a young couple, one clad in baseball cap, being followed by a bulky guard, but not many people were around.  They were in line at a cash register.  The line was rather long because the salesperson looked like they had no clue as to what they were doing.

 

"Hey, I'm going to go right over there and check out that jewelry.  I'm supposed to bring mom back something and I haven't even looked for ANYTHING yet!"

 

"Umm, OK.  Uhh, let me think."  Lonnie thought for a moment.  "OK, I'll go with you Justin, but I'm keeping an eye on you Meredith.  I'll be right over there if you need me."

 

"OK."  Meredith smiled as Justin and Lonnie walked to the jewelry case 10 ft. away.

 

Meredith rocked back and forth on her heels as she balanced the 3 pieces of clothing draped across her arm.  She glanced at Lonnie and Justin.  Justin pulled the cap lower on his head as the sales lady brought out a bracelet for him to look at.  Lonnie spotted her and smiled at her watching Justin.

 

"Excuse me, do you speak English?"  Meredith turned to face the middle-aged guy, who had an American accent, behind her.  She smiled and spoke.

 

"Yeah."

 

"Can you tell me what time it is, we are supposed to meet my wife at 11:30 and I don't want her to worry."

 

Meredith glanced at her watch and smiled.  "You are in luck its 10 till 11."

 

"Oh thank you.  So are you here on vacation?"

 

"You could say that."  Meredith sighed then noticed a young girl about the age of 13 run up to the man and hand him a shirt.

 

"I like this one daddy."  She said.

 

"OK, sugar."  The man took the shirt and held it with the other items he was holding.  Meredith smiled at the girl and was about to turn around when the girl spoke.

 

"You're that Meredith girl."  Meredith's eyes got big.  She WAS "that Meredith girl".  She thought about not agreeing but kinda wanted to see what this girl thought about her.  Meredith turned around and looked at the girl and smiled.

 

"How do you know my name?"

 

"Duh, that article!  I can't believe you are dating Justin Timberlake!"  The girl said a little disgusted.  Her father just looked back and forth in-between Meredith and the girl.

 

"Yeah, me either."  Meredith giggled.  "So what's your name?"

 

"Rebecca.  This is my dad."

 

"Are you having a good time in Paris?"  Meredith asked sweetly.  The girl looked at her confused.

 

"Why are you...nevermind." 

 

"No, go ahead, you can ask me."

 

"Why are you being nice?  Aren't you supposed to be some sort of, I don't know, mean person?" 

 

"REBECCA!  How dare you say that."  Her father reprimanded her.  Meredith just smiled.

 

"Yeah, that article in the Times. Well, about the only thing that is true in it, is that me and Justin are dating and that we are in Paris.  I didn't steal him from anyone; I didn't get my job as their assistant on the tour because of him. In fact, we couldn't stand each other when I first got my job."

 

"Really?"

 

"Yeah."  Meredith smiled and nodded.

 

"So you two have been going out since this summer?  Why didn't you go to the VMA's with him?  Why did he go with Britney?"  The girl was just a ball of questions, and Meredith just shook her head.  This girl had been reeled RIGHT in by all the media and press.  She was a perfect example of why fame wasn't as glamorous as it seemed.

 

"What is going on here?"  Her father interjected.  Meredith noticed Lonnie's eyes on her, so she turned to look at him.  He nudged Justin and they both gave her a concerned look.  She just smiled and they nodded in confusion.  All the while, Rebecca was explaining to her dad who Meredith was.  He still didn't really understand, or care.

 

"Oh, OK.  Whatever."  He rolled his eyes and laughed.

 

"Well, to answer your questions Rebecca, no we have not been going out sense this summer.  We got together in October, on the 2nd leg of their tour.  That's why I didn't go to the VMA's with him.  We were just friends then, of course we were best friends, but I was kinda out of town at that moment."  Meredith thought, it did kinda seem confusing, but oh well.

 

"Oh, that's cool.  I can't wait to get back home and tell my friends I met you.  You are a lot nicer than I thought."

 

"Let me tell you something Rebecca.  You can't always believe what you read.  Most of it isn't the truth, especially about celebrities.  Just be more selective about what you believe, OK?"

 

"All right.  Hey, I have a web site dedicated to the guys, do you mind if I get a picture of you?" She turned to her dad.  "You got the camera right?"  He nodded.  Meredith smiled.  She really wanted this girl to be on her good side, even if it was just one person.

 

"I have an idea.  If you give me your site address, I'll go check it out, make sure you don't say anything bad about me, maybe I'll sign your guestbook."  Meredith giggled and continued. "I can email you, and why don't we get a picture of you and Justin as well."

 

"What?"  The girl's eyes turned to the size of baseballs and Meredith shushed her squeal that Meredith KNEW was coming.

 

"But you are going to have to be quiet.  We don't want to make a scene.  OK?"  Meredith smiled as the girl frantically nodded.

 

"Hey, Lonnie, J.  Come here."  She called to them.  They turned and walked towards her.  She saw Justin had got something.

 

"Did you find your mom something?"

 

"Sure did."  He smiled sweetly and stood right beside her, he was about to kiss her cheek when he saw a young teenage girl staring at him like he was God himself.

 

"You're.... You're....youuu..." The girl stuttered.  He glanced at Meredith who was smiling at the girl's father and smiled at the girl.

 

"Brad Pitt?  Nah, I wish.  Jennifer Aniston is FINNNEEE!"  He giggled, until Meredith punc

Chapter 22 (cont) by Mere

"Brad Pitt?  Nah, I wish.  Jennifer Aniston is FINNNEEE!"  He giggled, until Meredith punched him in the stomach and he doubled over in a bit of pain.  "Owww, jeezs I was just kidding."  He laughed and she rolled her eyes.

 

"Justin, this is Rebecca.  Rebecca you already know Justin."  She turned and put her attention on Justin.  "She read the article."

 

"Oh, Becca you know that what they said is NOT true about Meredith here."  Justin said sweetly and cautiously.  Rebecca still stood there amazed and finally found her voice.

 

"Uh huh.  Uhh, yeah I know.  Hehe.  It's nice to meet you, I..I..I just love you guys.  *Nsync is my FAVORITE group!"  She smiled a HUGE smile.

 

Meredith said in a loud whisper.  "I like the Backstreet Boys better, personally."

 

Justin stared at Rebecca and pointed at Meredith. "See what I have to go through."

 

"He loves me." Meredith said smugly. 

 

Surprisingly, Justin leaned over and kissed her temple and spoke.  "That I do."  Meredith turned to him and gave him an amused smile as Rebecca sighed.

 

"You two are PERFECT for each other."

 

"Yeah, I think so too."  Justin put an arm around Meredith's shoulders.  Lonnie tapped him on the shoulder.

 

"Hey guys, you are holding up the line." 

 

"Pay for them will you?  I'm talking to two fine women L-dawg."  Justin smiled as Lonnie took their clothes and rolled his eyes.

 

"Dad, can I stay and talk with Justin and Meredith?"  The father eyed the young couple and nodded his head. 

 

"Don't go anywhere else.  Stay RIGHT there."  He smiled and followed in line, behind Lonnie.  Meredith watched as Lonnie and the dad struck up a conversation.

 

"This is SO cool.  I have this website dedicated to you guys; I'm so going to have to write about this.  Do you mind?"

 

"As long as you tell the truth."  Justin smiled a charming smile.

 

"I want the address so I can check it out." Meredith looked in her purse and pulled out a sheet of paper and two pens.  She gave a pen each to Justin and Rebecca and tore the paper in two.  Justin looked at her like she was crazy.

 

"Weirdo, you are going to give the girl an autograph, and not the normal "JRT".  Right a message, a LONG message!"  Meredith demanded.  She turned to Rebecca as Justin giggled and bent over to use his thigh as a surface to write on. 

 

"Will you give me the address please?  I really want to check it out and see what other people have to say about me and Justin."  The girl scribbled the address on the paper and handed back to Meredith.  Justin wrote a rather long message to the girl and handed to her with a smile.  She read it and smiled very brightly.

 

"This has made my day, no my YEAR!"  Meredith and Justin laughed.

 

"Go get your dad's camera and we will get a picture all together."  The girl opened her mouth in shock and quickly ran to her dad and brought the camera back with her.

 

"K, Justin, you two get close."  Justin smiled and put his arm around the young girl and pressed the side of his face to hers.  They smiled and Meredith snapped the picture. 

 

"Can I get one with you?"  Rebecca pointed to Meredith.

 

"Sure."  Meredith and smiled at the camera as Justin took the photo.

 

"Why don't we get a goofy one?"  Justin smiled.  They both made weird faces as Justin snapped the picture.

 

"Work it ladies!"  He laughed.  He handed Rebecca back her camera and they all stood there for a moment.

 

"Would you mind if I got one of you two together?"  She asked cautiously.

 

Justin looked at Meredith sweetly and she nodded.  Justin turned to Rebecca.  "It would be our pleasure.  Do you want us to pose, smile, what?"

 

"Whatever."  The girl shrugged.  He looked at Meredith and they just smiled at each other for a moment, not really knowing why.  Rebecca gasped.

 

"Don't move!  That's perfect."  She quickly took the picture of them just staring into each others eyes and before they had a chance to say or do anything else, her father and Lonnie walked up to them.

 

"Do you mind telling me the time again?"  The father asked Meredith.

 

"No, its 11:15."  She smiled.

 

"OK, Rebecca, we need to go meet your mom and brother." 

 

"Nooo.  Man, well, it was really great to meet you Justin, and you too Meredith.  I'm really glad you aren't bad like the article said you were."  Meredith just bowed her head and mouthed. "Me too." to the floor.

 

"Thanks, for being a TRUE fan Rebecca." Justin smiled and opened his arms to the girl.  Meredith looked up and thought that Rebecca was about to faint, but she composed herself and stepped into his arms.  After they hugged, the girl looked at Meredith and she smiled.  Meredith wrapped the girl in a hug and whispered to her.

 

"Thanks Rebecca.  I'm glad you got to see the REAL me.  You have a job to make sure you let everyone know that I'm not what that article says, OK?"

 

Rebecca stepped back and smiled.  "I won't let you down.  Bye you guys.  Thanks for everything."  Her father grabbed her hand as she waved with the other one, and soon they were out of sight.

 

"Well...."  Justin said looking at Meredith.  Meredith just sighed and looked up at him. 

 

"Let's go eat."  He smiled down at her.  Nothing needed to be said.  Lonnie was full of questions about what had just happened, but Meredith and Justin knew that that was a very special moment for both of them.  It was their first REAL encounter with a fan, together.

 

They spent the rest of the afternoon shopping until it was time to go back to the loft and get ready for the plane trip.  They all showered and changed and soon were on their way to the airport.
Chapter 23 by Mere

Chapter 23

 

2 days later

------------

 

The sun created a peaceful atmosphere through the window of the luxurious bedroom.  A pair of finally, fully rested eyes fluttered open and took in a sharp breath when the view in front of her was exposed.  The curtains of the double glass doors that led to the balcony were open and she could see the beautiful sun hanging low above the cerulean waters, slowly rising.  The perfect white sand was barely visible over the balcony rail, but it was still there. 

 

She slowly turned from her position on her side to her back.  Her head turned and noticed that the bed she was in was empty, except for her.  But the indention of another head was in the vacant feather pillow and the sheets on that side were slightly tossed.  The clock read 8:27am.

 

After a full night of riding a plane, Meredith, Justin, and Lonnie had landed in New York, then flew to Chicago where they switched planes, and finally to LA.  By this time it was yesterday, early afternoon.  The afternoon was spent flying to Hawaii, where they had finally landed at the final destination of their vacation.  As soon as the three had checked in the resort they were staying at, their beds were filled with their own exhausted bodies.  After almost 24 hours of airplanes and airports, plus the 11 hour time difference, Justin, Meredith, and of course Lonnie were ready for bed.

 

By 8 that night, they were all peacefully sleeping.

 

It was 12 hours later, and Meredith stretched in the comfortable bed she was resting in.  She heard the shower running and for some reason, she realized what she was supposed to do the night before and bit her lip in guilt.  With the shower running she was safe to do what she needed.  She quickly reached to the phone beside the bed and picked it up.  She dialed a familiar cell number and waited as the phone rang.

 

"Chris, I am trying to sleep.  STOP CALLING ME!"  A groggy voice answered.

 

"JC, has Chris been bothering you?" 

 

"MERE!!  Hey, how are you?  How are...things?"  JC said cautiously.

 

"Oh everything is great C.  Me and Justin, well we are...<sigh> perfect.  I met a fan 2 days ago.  She was shocked by how I actually acted, but was very nice and understanding.  I think it was what me and J both needed.  Anyways, how are you?"

 

"Well, I was asleep, BUT!"  JC yelled, and Meredith giggled.

 

"Sorry, and sorry I didn't call last night.  We were checked in the hotel by 7:30 and knocked out by 8.  Plus, Justin was around and I couldn't really get away from him." 

 

"Its OK, Its OK.  But, everyone is here already or coming today or tonight, so, everything is in check."

 

"I hope this works out JC."

 

"Oh it will, you got all of us working with you.  It BETTER WORK!"  He laughed.

 

"OK, I'll call you before tomorrow night.  But you DONT call me, unless it's an emergency.  We can't risk Justin finding out."

 

"I know girl.  Have fun, and well, I was going to say tell Justin I said hello, but then again DONT."

 

"Yeah, bye Josh."

 

"Bye G."  She hung up the phone and sighed.

 

A singing voice came from the bathroom.   Meredith recognized the voice and the song and began giggling in the bed.  She stumbled out of the bed, surprised when the room was quite warm, probably because of the steamy shower.  She walked to the closed bathroom door and leaned against the wall beside the door.

 

"WELLLLLL I got friends in LOW places

Where tha WHISKEY drowns and the BEER

Chases my bluessss awayyy."

 

Meredith laughed fully outloud when she heard Justin sing in a complete country twang mocking Garth Brooks and his voice growling and going deep at certain words like 'Well', 'Low', and 'beer', and 'away'.  She knocked loudly on the door and his singing immediately came to a halt, after a few moments he spoke.

 

"Yeah..." An embarrassed voice called out.

 

"Oh, I just wanted to say Good morning. Can I come in?"  She smiled when he said sure.  She cracked to door first to make sure he was fully covered by the shower curtain and opened the door completely when she saw that was true.  She shut the door behind her and pushed herself up, so that she was sitting on the counter, bedside the sink, with her back and head rested on the foggy mirror.  She brought her knees up to her chin and wrapped her arms around them.

 

"Sleep well?"  She finally broke the silence.

 

"Ohh, hell yeahhhh.  That bed is my best friend now."

 

"Hey!"  Meredith said, offended.

 

"Oh please, you know you are my best friend.  I'm talking about inanimate objects.  That bed is my best THING friend." He said matter-of factly.

 

Meredith shook her head and rolled her eyes.  "That shower curtain is my best THING friend, then."  She giggled.

 

"Oh really?  Why's that?"  Justin said in a mysterious voice

 

"Because I would hate to see your scrony butt all stark nekked in the shower.  Eww."  Meredith pretended to be disgusted but was actually sporting a bright smile. 

 

"Angel?"  He said sweetly.

 

"Yes, baby?"  She mocked his sweetness.

 

"I'm not scrony."  He said firmly.  She heard the noise of the curtain open and immediately covered her eyes with her hands.  She peeked through them and saw the curtain about a foot open and Justin's wet head peeking from behind the curtain, with his hands holding the curtain in place to cover his body.  He had a sexy smirk across his face, not to mention his almost navy eyes laughing at her position on the counter.  His short curls were wet and plastered to his scalp.  Meredith finally removed her hands when she saw it was safe and revealed her shy smile had been hidden by her hands.

 

"Yes you are."  She whispered.

 

"Would you like to come and see for yourself?  I'm not scrony.  You KNOW that."  Justin let the white of his teeth shine through to her and he felt satisfied when he saw her blush.

 

"That's OK."  She looked at the door as a possible means of escape from the potential of this moment.

 

"Well, then will you hand me a towel?"  He said seriously, disappearing behind the curtain, only to have a wet hand and forearm shoot out of the shower towards her seconds later.

 

She sighed a breath of relief and handed him the white towel he beckoned for.  A moment or two later the shower curtain was practically ripped open and Justin stepped out of the shower and headed straight for her form, which now was relaxing on the counter, but sitting Indian style.  He said nothing, or gave her any clue as to what he was doing until he had reached her and wrapped his arms around her and practically swallowed her mouth in his.  Her hands found his shoulders and it was all she had to gasp on to for balance from the forceful kiss.  He pulled away slowly and smiled at her almost gasping for air.

 

"Mornin'."  He smiled sweetly and stepped back. She smiled back into those intense eyes and bit her lip.

 

"I liked your singing, sweetheart." She giggled softly and he tilted his head back and stuck his nose high in the air.

 

"I know, I can do it all.  Pop, R&B, Rap, COUNTRY..."

 

"Opera?  Rock?"  Meredith questioned before Justin rolled his eyes.

 

"Get outta here and let me change."  He shooed her away and she jumped off the counter and walked out of the bathroom, swaying her hips as much as he could.

 

"One day you are going to regret teasing me like that."  Justin said staring at himself through the mirror.

 

"I could never regret doing anything to you."  Meredith called from the bedroom. 

 

Justin emerged from the bathroom in only a pair of boxer-briefs.  Meredith looked him up and down before giggling quietly and returning to her suitcase.  He slowly walked up to her and engulfed her in his arms in a sweet, loving, and firm hug.  He sighed as she turned in his arms and wrapped her own arms around his waist.  He began to hum softly as the two swayed to the music he was creating.  He stopped humming for a second and held her without moving.

 

"I love you."  He whispered.

 

She pulled back and studied his content face. "I love you too.  But, why do you always find the most random times to tell me?"

 

He shrugged. "I don't know." 

 

Meredith smiled brightly and kissed him square on the lips.  "I love that.  I love that you don't have to find a reason or perfect time to tell me.  You just tell me, whenever you want.  That makes me...weak."  She sighed getting lost in the way he was looking at her.  Finally she gained some sense of reality and winked at him. He laughed outloud and turned around to get dressed.  She grabbed some clothes for the day and walked past him to go take a shower.  She slapped his butt hard, with her hand and turned to smile at his shocked expression.  She looked him up and down and her eyes landed on the navy boxer briefs, covering him.  She giggled and met his eyes.

 

"Nice outfit."  She turned around now laughing fully.

 

"GIRRRLLLL."  Justin growled as she walked into the bathroom.

 

The day was spent walking along the beach and playing in the sand.  They just relaxed and enjoyed each other's company.  That night they went to a trendy restaurant with a club and spent the night dancing.  Justin had no idea of the big surprise that he would be given the next night, and Meredith would just smile at the thought of it.

 

-----------------------------------

The next night at 6:30

 

Justin came out of the bathroom finally ready to go out to eat.  He had to put the finishing touches on his hair and was practically starving.  He saw that their bedroom was empty.

 

-Where is that girl? -

 

Justin peeped out the curtain of the doors that led to the balcony.  No one.  He walked in the living room of their suite and saw no one there.  He called out.

 

"Meredith?" 

 

No answer.  He opened the door to the hallway and walked the 2 steps to Lonnie's room that was right across the hall.  He knocked and seconds later the door opened.

 

"Ready to go?"  Lonnie asked.

 

"No.  Where's Meredith?"  Justin asked.  He saw Lonnie shrug then smile an evil smile.  Before he could question it a blindfold was placed over his eyes and tied tightly around his head. 

 

"OK.  Meredith what are you and Lonnie up to?"

 

"How'd you know it was me?"  She asked.

 

"I have that raspberry bodywash scent of yours embedded in my brain.  Now why am I blindfolded?"

 

"In the words of Justin Timberlake, 'Oh, that's for me to know and for you to find out'."  Justin groaned when she said that. 

 

"Lonnie?"  Meredith simply said and Lonnie smiled before exiting his OWN room to let them have some privacy.  When the door clicked shut Justin spoke.

 

"OK who left?  What's going on?"

 

"Do you trust me?"  Her voice was sweet and hopeful.

 

"Meredith, what's going on?"  He pleaded.

 

"DO...YOU...TRUST...ME?"  She asked firmly.

 

Justin sighed and licked his lips, something he did when he was nervous.  "Yes Angel.  You know I trust you with my life." He spoke softly.  The next thing he knew, someone's lips were pressed to his.  Her lips.  The lips he was addicted to.  He immediately kissed her back and wrapped his arms around her body that he felt was in front of him.  She slowly pulled away as he moaned.

 

"Justin, you will be 20 years old in less than 6 hours.  THIS is your birthday present.  But, you will have to trust me.  Do you think you will be able to spend about an hour blindfolded?"

 

"AN HOUR?!?" He gasped.

 

"It will be worth it."

 

"Oh will it?"  He said in a sexy voice.

 

"Yeah."  She smiled at him looking all sexy with a blindfold on and smiling. She took one of his hands.

 

"You know, this blindfold thing is kinda kinky.  And this is my last night officially being a teenager.  Oh the THOUGHTS that are running through my mind right now...." 

 

Meredith laughed and patted his chest.  "Dream on."

 

They walked out of the hall and met up with Lonnie who was waiting by the elevators at the end of the hallway.  He smiled at Meredith and patted Justin's soft curls that were a little messed up by the blindfold.

 

"HEY JUSTIN!"  Lonnie yelled in his ear.

 

"Lonnie, don't pick on me."  Justin said in a quiet voice.

 

Lonnie pushed Justin into the elevator after Meredith.  As the doors shut, Lonnie laughed at Justin.

 

"You know all the hell you have put ALL of us security guards through trying to sneak out and stuff?  Well just THINK of all the pay back I could give you right now."

 

They both laughed at Justin when he lightly bit his lip in a bit of fright.  "Meredith?"  He asked like a frighten boy.

 

"Yes dear?"  Meredith dramatically asked as the doors opened.

 

"Protect me."  He pleaded.  She smiled and took his outstretched hand that wasn't pointed at her, but since he was temporarily blind, she didn't care.  She kissed his cheek and whispered in his ear. 

 

"Not a chance."  She let go of his hand walked in front of Lonnie who was pushing Justin to walk, to the jeep waiting for them, out side the resort.

 

They rode the jeep to a landing pad and they all got off and thanked the driver.  The sound of the helicopter scared Justin.

 

"WHATS THAT NOISE?  MACHINE GUNS?"  HE yelled over the sound.

 

"WOW YOU'RE A SMART ONE!"  Meredith shouted back, laughing.  They ran to the helicopter and about 3 minutes later they lifted off.  Meredith and Lonnie sat across from Justin, who looked.... he looked scared, sad, mad, disappointed, terrified, angry, confused, EVERYTHING.

 

"Hey guys?"  Justin asked.  Lonnie looked at Meredith and put a finger to his lips.  After a few seconds, neither Lonnie nor Meredith had acknowledged Justin.

 

"Lonnie?  Angel?"  He asked frighten.

 

"OK. This is NOT funny."  Justin whined.

 

Meredith smiled at this vulnerable side of him.  It showed he wasn't perfect.  He got scared just like everyone else.  In her mind, that's what made him perfect.

 

"Think happy thoughts.  Think happy thoughts." Justin mumbled to himself.  Lonnie covered his mouth with his hand to keep from laughing.

 

"Think about performing.  Making music.  G-ma's peach cobbler.  MMM Peach cobbler.  Meredith. Think about Meredith.  Meredith, in the shower, with ME."  Meredith's mouth dropped open and Lonnie looked at her in shock.  "Meredith NAKED in the shower with ME." 

 

SMACK!

 

Justin rubbed his head where she had slapped him and smiled victoriously.  "Meredith, sitting in a helicopter with Lonnie staring at her as if to say 'bad girl' and me being a genius for figuring out how to get you to acknowledge me.  Oh yes, I am perfect."

 

Lonnie rolled his eyes at his egotistical comment. "Justin?"  Meredith said sweetly.

 

"Yeah.."

 

"You are in no position to act that way.  For all you know I could be holding a bowling ball over your crotch, about to let go."  She laughed when Justin's smile was wiped away and he crossed his legs.

 

"That's not funny."

 

This rest of the trip was spent, with Justin and Meredith shooting playful remarks back and forth between each other and Lonnie laughing.  The helicopter made a dip in altitude.  And Justin slumped his shoulders let out an exasperated sigh.

 

"G, why did we leave our private, nice, relaxing, resort?  Please tell me!" Justin pleaded.

 

"Because we needed to go to a different island."

 

"What's wrong with Kahoolawe? (The name of the island they were on)"

 

"I like Honolulu better."

 

"Umm, OK?"  Justin said confused.  Now he knew where they were going.  But why?

 

He was quiet for the rest of the trip, until the helicopter had landed.  They got off and got into the waiting limo.  Justin remained silent, surprisingly, the whole 10-minute ride to their destination.  He was trying his best to think of all the things they could be doing in Honolulu.  There was a lot to do.  There were so many possibilities.

 

The limo came to a stop and Lonnie got out and opened the door for them.  Meredith stepped out and smiled at the sight before her.  She turned back around and grabbed Justin's hands and pulled him up.  They walked about ten steps and she stopped.

 

"Well, we are here.  But before you take the blindfold off, I gotta do this."  She stood on her tiptoes and kissed him softly.  His hands were on her back and hers worked to get the knot out of the blindfold.  This kiss became more and more passionate.  The blindfold was now off Justin could have cared less about the blindfold at that moment.  He finally pulled away; he smiled at the sight in front of him.  She was all he could see.  Her smile and eyes, shining on him.  He unraveled his arms a bit to give them some space, but by no means let her go.

 

She whispered.  "Happy Birthday, J." And moved aside to let him see what was before him.  About 15 yards away was a huge Luau.  Tiki torches outlined the huge, sandy area.  The party was right on the beach.  A small stage was set up and a DJ was playing music.  The area was filled with his friends.  A buffet was placed on one side of the dance area with a guy serving drinks.  And a few scattered tables were placed around an open area, serving as a dance floor.  A fancy hotel/resort was off to the side of scene.  Justin smiled.

 

"You threw me a party?"  He looked at her.

 

"Yeah.  I kinda stole you guys idea from my surprise party with the blindfold and all, but eh, you know I'm not the most creative person, so..." He leaned over and silenced her with his lips.  He pulled away with a laughed and grabbed her hand.

 

"Come on, this is MY party.  What are we waiting for?"  He practically ran to the area that was marked off for his party.  Chris was the first to notice him and yelled, "HE'S Here!"  Justin was engulfed by the crowd of his 300+ friends.  Meredith sauntered up to the crowd and smiled.  This was what he wanted and needed.  A night with friends, and no worries. 

 

Or so she thought.

 

At the bar, a slender brunette, that was once blonde nodded to the bartender and he filled her drink.  She sipped it as she watched Justin grab Meredith's hand and enter the dance area and begin dancing along with everyone else.  She narrowed her eyes as Meredith kissed him and pulled away smiling.  She drank the rest of her drink in one swallow and the bartender watched her with caution.  She practically threw her glass on the bar counter and slid off the stool toward the gyrating crowd. 

 

"You don't want another Kim?"  The bartender asked.

 

"Maybe later."  She mumbled.

 

No one noticed her evil stare on the couple.  No one noticed her intoxication; almost everyone else there was just as drunk.  No one cared.  Especially the one man she wanted to.  She would MAKE him care.

 

-----------

It was a few hours later and the evening had faded into the night.  A classic song came on and a few people laughed, some cheered, others grunted.  The two in the center of the dance floor smiled secret smiles and got even closer than they were and began bouncing to the tune.

 

"Who let the dogs out?  Who who who who..."

 

"Did you request this?"  Meredith whispered in his ear.

 

Justin smiled.  "No, but I bet you did."  She pulled back and looked innocent but ended up laughing.

 

"No matter what anyone says, I will always love this song." Meredith giggled.

 

"Well, no matter what anyone says, I will always love you."

 

"Dork."  Meredith rolled her eyes and kissed him sweetly.

 

Justin pulled away and looked her up and down.  He subconsciously licked his lips and Meredith smiled when she saw this. 

 

"You look.... good."  He practically groaned.  He put his hands on her hips and let them travel a little further to her cup her butt.  Meredith looked up at him gave him a mischievous smile.  HE just shrugged and pushed her towards him. 

 

"You should wear leather pants more often.  Excuse me, TIGHT leather pants."  Justin breathed into her hair.

 

"It's pleather hun, about $100 cheaper.  And no animals were killed. Some of us here aren't rock stars and can't afford real leather."  She kissed his neck softly before wrapping her own arms around his neck.  They had both forgot about the music and people around them.  They weren't really moving to the beat that was being played.  But neither cared. 

 

"No animals were killed in the top either I'm guessing.  But I do like the print."  Justin fingered the hem of the halter-top that was a green leopard print.

 

"You are looking rather yummy tonight too." He was wearing normal club attire for him.  Dark denim jeans and a good fitting black sleeveless shirt.  A dark red leather jacket had covered it, but that had been discarded very early in the party.

 

"I like that word.  YUMMY!"  He laughed.

 

They danced together and a slow song came on as the DJ spoke.  "OK, everyone here knows its Justin's birthday, so give him and his girl some room to dance.  Happy 20th Curly."  Justin looked up and pointed to DJ Scribble, who was a friend of Justin's and the DJ of the party. 

 

The song "Crash into me" with the Scribble scratching in the background came over the speakers and Meredith held Justin close as the song played and he softly sang in her ear.

 

"Crash into me yeah and I come into youuu... Meredith?"

 

"Uh huh?"  She said still in her daze from Justin's singing and how their bodies were moving together.

 

"You're wearing a thong aren't you?"  Justin smiled evilly when she didn't respond.  Finally she chuckled a little and whispered to him.

 

"You'll never know." 

 

"You are evil.  Are you TRYING to turn me on as much as possible tonight.  I mean tight pants, in which your bootie is looking.."  He peeped over her shoulder and looked down "...damn girl."  Meredith laughed outloud and she watched as Joey who was nearby, notice.  He turned and smiled at her.  "And that top, I've never seen so much cleavage on you before.  I think you are on a mission tonight to make me take advantage of you."

 

"Justin, you are ruining this sweet moment.  We are supposed to tell each other we love each other and here you are insinuating that you want to rip off my clothes and molest me."

 

"Who said anything about ripping off clothes.  You are keeping that thing on for the rest of this trip."  She smiled at his comment and sighed when he brought his mouth down on her neck and began working his magic.

 

"God, you are good at that."  She groaned as Justin nuzzled her neck and a faster song came on and the crowd came a bit closer to them.

 

"I know."  He breathed on her jawline.

 

She smacked his curly hair lightly and pushed him away for a moment. "Let's go mingle, ego. I've only talked to like 3 other people here since we've arrived.  I'm hogging you and this is your party." She pulled him towards the area where people were drinking, eating, talking, ect. 

 

"But I like it when you hog me."  Justin whined in a 5-year-olds voice.  By now they had reached a place where JC, Ananda (Lewis) Chris, Leslie, Britney, Jeff (Timmons from 98 degrees),Tyrese (you know the singer) all stood.

 

"Hey, it's the birthday boy!"  Ananda said.

 

Justin smiled and motioned for the bartender to get him a drink. "Hey guys, having fun?" 

 

"Hell yeah, you look like you are having a pretty good time too."  Jeff laughed.  "Hey M, its good to see you again."  He gave Meredith a short hug.  They had met at a club one night on the tour.

 

"Meredith have you met Tyrese and Ananda?"  Justin looked at her.

 

"I met Tyrese at the New Years party, but I haven't met Ananda."  Justin was about to introduce them, but Meredith did it for herself.

 

"Hi, I'm Meredith.  Justin's latest...oh what do they call me...oh yes, FLAME."  Everyone laughed and Ananda took her outstretched hand.

 

"I'm Ananda.  It's good to meet you."  Meredith smiled and nodded.

 

"Hey, is Carson here?"  Justin asked.

 

"Yeah, he was dancing with Tara I think."  Tyrese looked towards the dance floor.

 

"All right, I gotta talk to him."  Justin looked at Meredith she and Britney were laughing hysterically at something Chris had said.  JC had a pout on his face, obviously being the butt of the joke.  Justin just smiled at how Meredith fit in so easily with everyone, even though she was still not very use to all the VIP celebrity status stuff.

 

"So, is everything cool with the article thing?"  Leslie pulled Justin aside and towards the bar where his drink was waiting.

 

"Yeah, when I first found out I was a little...well I was raging, but ya know its cool now."

 

"Lance said you are going to have to make a statement."  They stood and she watched as Justin took a sip from his drink.

 

"Yeah, but I don't really know what to say.  I mean I do, but then again I don't.  Everyone in the world knows now that I have a girlfriend, but until I prove it and publicly announce it, there is going to be so much in the air and rumors and what not.  I just don't know if we will be able to handle it."

 

"Me and Lance do and you have so far."  Leslie said.

 

"Yeah but you and Lance aren't public about everything.  I KNOW Meredith will get hounded, and I don't want to have to worry that if she goes to the mall without me or security that someone might confront her.  Damn this is all too much right now."  Justin rubbed his forehead.

 

"OK, forget I said anything.  This is a night for fun and just relax J." 

 

"Thanks, Leslie.  Where's Lance?"

 

"I don't know, I lost him.  He started talking to Sisqo and Pink and I left.  He brought Meredith (Edwards) with him so he is kinda in his "I'm mister manager, everyone bow down to me" mode."  They both laughed, because that was so not Lance at all. "I don't know, though.  There are too many celebs here.  I need some normal folk!"  Leslie giggled.

 

"Yeah, go find Dani, she's gotta be arou-  Is that....Kim?"  Justin stared off at the dance floor.

 

Leslie followed his gaze and her mouth dropped open.  She giggled.  "What did she do to her hair?"

 

"I don't know.  It's not TOO bad.  But then again being around Meredith, I've grown a thing for brunettes."

 

"HEY!"  Leslie said offended, because she was very blonde.

 

"I know.  I'm glad she's here though, I've been meaning to talk to her.  It's been a while."

 

"When's the last time you talk to her?"

 

"About a month ago, on the phone.  She and Chad seem to be going pretty good."

 

"Still hard?"

 

"Nah, I mean kinda in a way.  She cheated on me, but then again, along came Meredith so...I don't really care at all."  Justin said dreamily.

 

"You are so obsessed with her."  Leslie rolled her eyes as they began walking back to the group of people talking.

 

Justin looked at her with a serious expression.  "I know I am. I guess I know how our fans feel. It's kinda scary.  I don't want to spend a second with out her.  I think about her every minute Les."

 

She patted his arm. "Well, you're in love."

 

"That I am."  He smiled.  By now they were back to the group of people.  Ricky Martin's new song "Loaded" came on and JC and Meredith looked at each other ecstatic.

 

"Justin, I'm stealing your girl!"  JC called back to the group.  Him and Meredith were practically already on the dance floor.  Justin just smiled.  This had become Meredith and JC's new song, although no one really knew why.  Not even them.  They just both had to dance with each other whenever they heard it.  They said it was the most fun song to sing to. Even when they weren't at a party, they would go crazy.  It was just one of those inside joke things.

 

Justin turned back to his crowd of friends that had disappeared.  Now it was just him, Jeff and Ananda.  Justin began a conversation with them but shortly afterwards felt a tap on his shoulder.

 

"Hey Justin." 

 

"KIM!  Oh my gosh.  How have you been?" Justin gave her a quick hug that she savored.

 

"Good, seems like things are going well for you."  She smiled and waved the glass of wine in her hand around in the air.

 

Justin blushed a bit.  "Yeah they are.  How are things with you and Chad?  Where is the guy that stole you away from me anyway?"  Justin joked.  He had LONG gotten over her and considered her a pretty good friend even though they didn't see each other that much.

 

"I don't know where he went off too."  Kim looked around.

 

"Well, you want to dance?"  Justin asked when he realized they were now standing by themselves.

 

"Love to." Kim smiled and followed Justin out to the dance floor with her drink still in hand.  They danced to the end of Ricky Martin and a slow song came on.  For some reason, Justin got an uneasy feeling about the way Kim's arms had tightened around his neck, and the way her eyes were fixated on his mouth.  He laughed nervously and looked over her shoulder to see Joey and Meredith (JC had left to go dance with someone else) dramatically dancing to Bon Jovi's "Bed of Roses".  He giggled when he saw Joey dip her and spin her around.  She caught Justin's eyes and got Joey's attention.  They both covered their mouths in laughter at who he was dancing with. They weren't making fun of her, but it was funny to them that he was dancing with the girl that had cheated on him.  Meredith gave him a playful look of warning and he blew her a kiss. 

 

Kim noticed and bit her lip as her plan unraveled.  She took the glass that was in her hand, behind Justin's neck and brought it in front of him to take a sip.  When she did, she almost lost her balance and the drink toppled over Justin's black shirt, leaving a horrific stain.

 

"Oh, ohhhh I am soooo sorry."  Kim backed away and smiled at Justin looking down at his drenched shirt.  He looked up at her amused.

 

"Great, I don't have a change of clothes."

 

Kim looked at him for a moment and they walked off the dance floor to get some napkins.  She  smiled a secret evil smile.  "Chad has some extra shirts in our room.  We are staying at that hotel right over there."  She pointed to the hotel that was very close to the area marked off.  Most of the people at the party were staying there.  She pulled a key out of her back pocket and handed it to him.

 

"It's room 307.  He has some clean shirts in there somewhere.  Just snoop around.  Everyone at that hotel is at this party so don't worry about any fans or anything."  Kim smiled as he took the key.

 

"Are you sure?  He won't mind will he?" Justin looked at her with wide eyes.

 

"Oh of course not!  Go ahead, I'll tell everyone where you went."

 

"Thanks Kim."  He was about to give her a hug but backed away when he remembered the stain on his shirt.  He smiled and turned around to jog towards the hotel.  Kim let out a squeal at how he had been so damn gullible and sprinted to the golf cart that was waiting for her in the shadows of the palm trees.

 

"LET'S GO!"  She yelled at the driver.  They quickly got to the hotel and the two ran into the lobby of the hotel and up the stairs to the 3rd floor.  She knew Justin wouldn't be there just yet and that made her smile with excitement.  They got to the room and she pushed the guy that had driven the cart into the closet right beside the bed of the room.  She placed a $100 in his hand and smiled.

 

"Remember, just get the shots of us on the bed and there is much more where that came from."  Kim smiled and shut the door. "Don't make a sound."  The guy pick up the camera that was on a stool in the closet and check it to make sure it had film and everything set.  He smiled at the $100 in his hand sat down on the stool.  He put the camera up to the inch wide panel of space that was missing a piece of wood from the door of the closet and focused the camera to get it in perfect clarity.  For now the room was empty, but he could hear Kim messing around in the bathroom that was behind him.

 

Kim was bitter after Justin left her.  Of course she had cheated on him, but shortly after, Chad left her because of the way she was treating him.  He realized that she was just dragging him along and Justin was there for the money and fame.  After Justin left her, her popularity had diminished some.  She still had a job, but wasn't the covergirl like she was when Justin was around.  She WANTED him back.

 

About 2 minutes later, a door opened and the guy watched through the lens as Justin came into the room and looked around confused.  He searched through a suitcase and mumbled something to himself as he pulled the stained shirt over his head and draped it across a chair.  He laughed at the stain and looked around some more, stretching his head when he couldn't find what he needed. The noise of a door shutting caused Justin to jump and turn around in shock.  The photographer watched as Justin's eyes got huge and he gasped for air.

 

"K..K..KIM!?  What are you doing here? What..What..What are you WEARING?"  He stuttered.

 

"It's simple Justin, I'm not over you.  I want you.  NOW!" The photographer watched as Kim sauntered up to the shirtless Justin. The camera guy smiled amusingly when he saw she was only in skimpy black underwear.  She walked right up to him and forced her lips on his.  Before he pushed her away the photographer took a shot.

 

"What are you doing?  Kim, I have Meredith.  You can NOT do this." Justin pleaded.  Kim was pretty tall and strong.  Not as strong as Justin, but if she tried she could hold him down for a few moments.

 

She backed away and covered her face in her hands and began fake crying. "I'm so sorry Justin, but Chad just broke up with me, and..and..and I missed you. I still love you." 

 

"Kim..."  Justin sighed and sat down on the bed.

 

BIG MISTAKE

 

Before he knew it.  Kim had pounced on top of him and was crawling over his body, kissing him forcefully.  He put his arms on her shoulders to push her away but she just forced her body down on him.  Justin was trying his best to pull her away but she was much stronger than he thought.  In a good attempt he pushed her off of him onto her back, only to have her pull him down on top of her and his mouth to hers.  He finally pushed himself off the bed and breathed quickly. 

 

"ARE YOU CRAZY!?!"  HE screamed.  She just shrugged and licked her lips to taste him one last time, as she pushed herself up to lean against the headboard of the bed. 

 

"Yeah, are you?"  She said sexily.  He shook his head and grabbed his discarded still damp, shirt and mumbled.

 

"Get me out of here."  He pulled the shirt over his head and stormed out the door.  When the door clicked shut, Kim laughed an evil laugh and rolled over on the bed.  She walked up to the closet and opened the door.

 

"Get it?"  She smiled.

 

"Oh honey, I got at least 20 exposures of you two."

 

"YES!"  She rooted.  She walked to the nightstand and handed him an envelope.  He opened it and his eyes widened at the sight of about $500 dollars inside.  He handed her the roll of film in exchange and smiled up at her.

 

"Pleasure doing business with you."  He looked up and down her barely covered body and she rolled her eyes and pushed the guy to the door and shut it in his face before smugly saying.  "Yeah, whatever."
Chapter 24 by Mere

Chapter 24

 

Justin jogged back over to the party and immediately went to the bar.  He got himself a drink and swallowed it in practically one gulp.

 

"Whoa now, J, don't over do it."  Lance said walking up to him.

 

"Hey."  Justin mumbled.

 

"Meredith was looking for you a few minutes ago."

 

Justin stared at Lance for a while and Lance just stared back giving him a weird look. "Justin, you OK?"

 

"Yeah, where is she now?" Justin looked over the crowd.

 

Lance shrugged.  "Last time I saw her she was talking with Dani and Brit."

 

"Thanks."  Justin sat down his now empty glass and stormed off to the table that the three girls were sitting at.

 

Lance turned to the bartender.  "No more for him."

 

"He's been here only twice."

 

"Seriously?  HE reeks of alcohol."  Lance connected his eyebrows in confusion.  And watched as Justin walked to the girls.

 

Justin didn't break his stare with Meredith.  She didn't notice him coming.  Britney did.

 

"Hey Justin, where ya been?"  She smiled.  Meredith turned and looked at him.  She smiled at him, but it disappeared when she saw the confusion in his eyes.

 

"Baby?"  She said.  He got right beside her chair and looked down at her, not even acknowledging Danielle and Britney.

 

"Will you come with me?"  He stared into her brown eyes, looking up at him.  She nodded once and gave a weak smile.  He practically ripped her arm off pulling her out of her seat.

 

"J, slow down."  He kept dragging her, away from the party and away from the hotel, closer to the water.

 

"JUSTIN, STOP!"  She yelled.  He stopped abruptly and she came crashing down on him.  They landed on the sand in a thud and Meredith pushed herself a little off Justin and looked in his eyes.

 

"What's wrong?  Are you OK?"  She looked at him concerned and he just stared back into her eyes.

 

"Kiss me."  He begged.

 

"Umm, OK."  She watched him as he stared at her lips.  "Justin what is wrong?"

 

"Just, please, kiss me."  He looked up in her eyes and she couldn't say no.  She leaned in to kiss him and as soon as they contacted he let out a sigh of relief.  She was about to pull away and ask him what was wrong again, but he wrapped his muscular arms around her small body and pressed her to him.  He was devouring her.  His tongue tasted every inch of her mouth.  He was trying his hardest to get the taste of Kim out and her taste in.  She enjoyed it at first, but needed to breathe.  He wasn't letting go.  Finally she pushed him away and they both landed on their backs.  He stared up at the stars and she pounced to her feet.

 

"Justin, how much have you had to drink?"  She asked a little disappointed.

 

"One beer and a screwdriver."  He mumbled and sat up Indian style, playing with the laces of his boots.  He looked like a toddler that was put in the corner.

 

"You smell and taste like you've been drinking all night."  She said with her hands on her hips.  He looked up at her and saw the unbelieving look in her eyes.

 

He couldn't tell her what Kim had just done to him, now.  Maybe tomorrow.  No, maybe when they got back after their trip.  Yes, that's when he would tell her.  It would just make her mad and upset for the rest of the trip if he told her now.  So he left it unsaid.

 

"I'm sorry I...I...I didn't mean to attack you just then, and Kim spilled her wine on me when we were dancing and I went to go find a shirt, but I never did, and I don't know why, but I..." Meredith collapsed to her knees and put her hands on both sides of his face.

 

"It's OK Justin.  Just stop rambling."  She placed a lingering kiss on his forehead.  He wrapped his arms around her body and rested his head on shoulder.

 

"I love you so much, you know I would never do anything to hurt you, right?"  Justin almost whined into her shoulder.

 

"I know.  I love you too.  You are my angel remember.  And I'm yours."  She pulled away and stood up smiling.  She offered him her hands and pulled him off the sand.  They brushed themselves off and walked back to the party.

 

"Sit, and talk with Britney.  She's your friend and has wanted to talk to you all night.  I'll go get you a new shirt, OK?"  He kissed her cheek and watched her leave.  He walked the short distance to where Britney was talking with Carson Daly and Tara Reid.

 

"Hey guys."  He plopped down in a chair.

 

"Well look who decides to grace us with his presence."  Britney rolled her eyes and smiled playfully.

 

"Hey man, what's up?  Where's your chick?  I've been wanting to meet her ever since that article came out."  Carson gave Justin some "dap"  across the table.

 

"She went to go get me a new shirt.  This one has wine spilled all over it."

 

Tara gasped.  "Justin but you aren't 21 yet!"

 

"Shut up Tara.  You don't want me to start quoting American Pie. Does 'I'm coming' ring a bell?."  Justin smirked.

 

The 4 struck up a conversation and by the time Meredith came back it was nearly 3 o'clock and a lot of people had headed back to their rooms in the hotel.

 

Justin was now sitting with JC, Chris, and Dani.  He saw her and opened his arms to her.  She threw him the clean shirt she had found in the resorts gift shop and sat down in his lap.  He wrapped his arms around her and she leaned against his body as he kissed her temple.

 

"AWWWW."  Chris and JC both said.

 

"Shut up."  Justin mumbled into her hair.

 

"Wow, what a party.  Thanks for helping guys."  Meredith said to the people sitting there.

 

"What? They helped out?"  Justin pointed to them, looking at her.

 

"Yeah, you didn't think I could pull this off all on my own now did you?"  She smiled.

 

"I can't believe everyone was able to keep this a secret from me.  Especially Joey.  Where is Joey? I saw him twice all night and that was just glances."  Justin looked around at the 5 couples that were slow dancing on the sand.  About 2 other tables were filled with people and that was the only people left of the party.

 

"He said he was calling it a night."  Chris yawned.

 

Danielle giggled.  "Of course he had a pretty red head in tow."

 

"Of course, its Joey."  JC defended him.

 

"Well even though this is my party.  I'm ready to call it a night, too."  Justin tickled Meredith a little and she squirmed.

 

"There is a room for us here, so we don't have to go back to the resort tonight."

 

"Good because I don't think I could make it."  Justin rested his cheek on her shoulderblade and sighed.

 

"All right, I think we all need to go."  JC stood up and stretched.

 

The 5 people strolled over to the hotel and Meredith went to the front desk and got the keys.  JC, Chris and Dani went ahead of them, into the elevator.  Justin looked around the lobby.  Less than an hour ago he was running out of here like a maniac.  He didn't know where Kim was now.  He didn't care, but it kinda worried him that she might still be near.  He shuddered at the thought. Someone touched his shoulder and he jumped.

 

"It's just me."  Meredith giggled and pressed the up button on the elevator.  They walked in the vacant elevator and Meredith eyed him.

 

"You didn't switch shirts."  She smiled amused.  Justin looked down and shrugged.

 

"I'll need it tomorrow when we go back to the resort."

 

"Guess what?"

 

"What?"  Justin asked frantically.

 

"I have no clothes to change into, to sleep."  Meredith looked at him as his eyebrows raised playfully.

 

"Oh really?  So maybe now I WILL find out about that thong tha thong thong thong."

 

"No, you will give me that oversize shirt in your hands and I'll sleep in that." 

 

"What will I sleep in?"  Justin asked curiously.

 

"What do you normally sleep in?"

 

The elevator stopped and Justin smiled. "My underwear." 

 

"Exactly."  Meredith walked out of the elevator.  They walked to their room and entered it silently.   She ripped the shirt from Justin's grasp and headed to the bathroom.  She changed quickly and let out a breath of relief when she saw that the shirt came to right above her knees and fully covered all of her.  She got back into the bedroom and hopped into the bed.  Justin was already there and wrapped his arms around her from behind.  She reached up and turned the lamp off.  After a few minutes of silence, Meredith turned in his arms and touched his peaceful face.

 

"J?"

 

"Yeah, angel?"  He groaned.

 

"Happy birthday."  She whispered in his ear and kissed his temple tenderly and snuggled closer to him.  He smiled brightly without opening his eyes and fell into a deep sleep.  He was stressed.  He didn't realize how much the whole thing with Kim was bothering him.  But he felt dirty, cheap, and guilty.  As much as he enjoyed this trip, he couldn't wait to get back home, to his house, and to normality.  Or what was normal to Justin Timberlake of *Nsync, that is.

 

-----------------------

3 days later

 

"I'm coming!"  Meredith yelled to the phone.  She giggled at herself when she realized she had just spoken to a telephone.  She picked up the phone and plopped down on the couch.

 

"Hello?"

 

"Oh my gosh, Meredith? I haven't talked to you in ages!!"

 

"Shut up, Justin."  Meredith giggled.

 

"I just faxed my statement."  Justin said proudly.

 

"Already?"

 

"Yeah, Johnny called me as SOON as I walked in my front door, I'm talking RIGHT after we had gotten back, and said he wanted one ASAP."

 

"Goodness, at least let you catch up on your jet lag." 

 

"I know, right?  Anyways, MTV is reading it on TRL today.  You want to come over and watch it with me?"  He asked hopefully.

 

Meredith chuckled.  "I thought we were going to spend at least a 3 day break from each other.  You've already broken it with this phone call.  Not to mention last nights 3am, I just called to say I love you, crap."

 

"I'm offended."  HE voice was small and quiet.

 

Meredith's eyes widened.  "ME TOO!!  I was having a GOOD dream."

 

"Oh really?   And what made this dream so good?  Or should I ask who?"  Justin's voice turned deep and flirty.

 

"Simple, TOM CRUISE!  HELLO????"  Meredith said loudly.

 

Justin mocked her. "You annoy me."

 

"Yeah yeah, shut up."  Meredith narrowed her eyes at the coffee table, as if it were him, and smiled.

 

Justin sighed. "Anyways, so are you going to come over or what?  And I got something I need to tell you, besides the statement."

 

"What is it?" Meredith hinted a bit of remorse in his voice.

 

"It's not bad.  Well, it's not good.  But its nothing you should worry about AT ALL.  I just want to talk about it."

 

Meredith clicked her tongue against her teeth. "Too late I'm worried."

 

"Don't be, angel."  Justin's soothing voice made all her worries fade.

 

"OK."  For some reason she was blushing.

 

"Umm, TRL starts at 3:30, so get here at 3?" 

 

"Sure, see ya in 3 1/2 hours, baby."

 

“I'll be waiting."  He blew kisses into the phone.

 

"Bye, J."

 

Justin yelled into the phone. "HEY WAIT A MINUTE HERE!"

 

"What?"  She asked annoyed and when he gasped for air over the line she giggled in realization.

 

"Oh yeah, I love you Justin."  She said in a goofy voice.

 

"Don't be like that.  You never know when the next time you will see me might be."  He sounded serious, but wasn't.

 

"You sound like your mother.  And don't talk like that, it worries me.  Bye Justin.  I love you.  You are the sexiest man I know.  I want to rip off your clothes and show you a good time."  She overly deadpanned.

 

"Damn you turn me on."  Justin said VERY sarcastically

 

"adios mi amor."

 

"Hasta la vista baby."  Meredith giggled and turned off the phone at his impression of Arnold Swerzenegger.  She let out a deep breath and decided to call someone she hadn't talked to in a while.  She waited as the phone rang.

 

"Hello?"  A male voice answered.

 

Meredith recognized the voice and smiled. "Tyler?" 

 

"Yeah, who's this?"

 

"What are YOU doing at my sister’s apartment?"  Meredith exclaimed.

 

He realized whom he was talking to and shouted. "MEREDITH!  Hey girl.  I haven't seen you in like, FOREVER!"

 

"I know.  How ya been?"  Meredith didn't hear a response but did hear two people fighting over the phone in the background.

 

"Give me the phone."

 

"I was talking to her."

 

"SHE'S MY SISTER!"

 

"Yeah, but she likes me better than you."

 

"ARGG!....Meredith?"

 

"Hey girl." 

 

Meredith's sister let out a short breath and began talking 100 mph. "Don't give me that crap.  What the hell did you think I was supposed to do when mom and dad called me wondering when you decided to go public with Justin and when Tyler practically bought 50 copies of the New York Post to send to all his friends to say "My girlfriend’s sister is dating Justin Timberlake." Huh Huh?"

 

"I did not buy 50 copies, I bought 3."  Tyler's voice came over the line.

 

Lauren pulled the phone away from her mouth and yelled into another room. "Get off the phone Ty!" 

 

"No."  He said smugly into the receiver.

 

"Fine then."  Meredith could see her sister pouting, over the phone line.

 

"Trouble in paradise?" Meredith giggled.

 

Tyler mocked shock. "Never!"

 

"I didn't know it was printed in the New York Post.  Wow! I'm hitting big time."  Meredith nodded her head to herself.

 

"How are you calm about this?  You are the person that freaks out over everything!"  Lauren asked.

 

Meredith genuinely shrugged. "I don't know."

 

"Well, let me tell you something.  I'm just mad that you won't let the boy meet me, because I'm sure he could get me into some fly parties."  Tyler said in his best ghetto girl voice.

 

"Not without me, he cant." Lauren shot back.

 

Tyler lowered his voice and growled. "Shut up, woman."

 

"That's it!  Meredith, call me back tonight.  Maybe jackass here will decide to leave me alone."  Lauren sighed into the phone.

 

"OK, talk to ya later then, Lauren.  Bye."

 

"Bye chica."

 

Tyler shouted into the phone. "BYE MEREY!"

 

"BYE TY!"

 

Meredith giggled and shut the phone off.  She really wanted to talk to her sister about everything that was going on in her life but was always welcome to the playful banter her boyfriend and her brought to the table.  They fought constantly but Meredith would sometimes catch them being undeniably sweet to one another.  She was sure he was the one for her sister.  About as sure as she was that Justin was the one for her.

 

She stood up and stretched and walked to her front door.  Her sock-clad feet padded down the steps of the building to the outside door.  She slid a key into her mail cubby and pulled out 5 pieces of mail.  She sorted through them on her way back up the steps.

 

-Publishers ClearingHouse, Bill, Bill, letter from....-  She looked at the return address and laughed out loud and opened the door to her apartment.

 

-letter from Justin, that boy is too much.  And....Brown envelope?  hmmm- 

 

Meredith eyed the package and was confused when there was no return address.  She threw the clearinghouse thingy in the garbage and put the rest of the mail on the kitchen table.  She sat down in a chair and opened up the white envelope sent from Justin's house first.

 

She pulled out the card and her brow connected in confusion when she saw that the card had nothing on the front.  It was a made out of gray paper.  She slowly opened the card and read what was printed in a boring font.

 

"The front of this card is what my life looks like without you."

 

Meredith thought for a moment and a slow smile crept on her face.  She read what Justin had written below it.

 

"Angel,

Yeah I know you are thinking "What a depressing card."  But, I just saw it and knew it was perfect for how I feel without you.  You are the center of my life.  Without you I will cease to exist.  You are my heart, my soul, my everything.  I will love you...until the end of time.

 

-J

 

PS  This was supposed to be a thank you note for the past two weeks, but I think you know how much I loved my "present."  I'll write it anyway:  THANK YOU!!!!"

 

Meredith closed the card and brought it up to her heart.  She held on to it as she closed her eyes.  Two joyfilled tears slid down her cheeks.  It was going to be a long 3 hours until she saw him again.  She even thought about going over there right that second to see him, to thank HIM.

 

But something caught her eye.

 

And her interest.

 

She placed the card down on the table softly and picked up the brown envelope.  It was heavier than a normal piece of mail and sounded as if something was inside.  She unsealed the envelope and watched as a stack of photos slid out.  A white sheet of paper slid out as well.  She picked up the paper before glancing at the photos.

 

"Enjoy the pictures.  I'm sure the people in it enjoyed themselves too." 

 

Meredith felt uneasy.  This wasn't something good.  No return address.  Weird message.  She let out a shaky breath and picked up the stack of photos. 

 

She couldn't move. She lost her breath.  She couldn't speak. 

 

She died at that moment. 

 

Suddenly a burst of energy surged through her.

 

HATE

 

She flipped through the pictures like a lion ripping open an antelope.  She only stopped to look at each picture for a few seconds.  She stood up and let out a growl of rage and threw the pictures as hard as she could against the wall.  As they hit it and when flying and fluttering down to the floor, she collapsed to her knees and gently laid herself down on the cold, tile, kitchen floor and sobbed....

 

...for the rest of the day. 

 

Forgetting about the statement.  Forgetting about going over to Justin's house.  Forgetting about calling her sister.  Forgetting about everything, except what she saw on those pictures.

-------------------------------------------

3 days later, Monday morning

 

Meredith opened the glass door to the WEG building.  She stopped by her front desk to check her box.  On her way to the elevator she flipped through the letters and memos.  One piece of paper stuck out against the rest.  It was a plain piece of notebook paper that read:

 

"Why are you ignoring me? -Justin" 

 

She crumbled it up and threw it in the garbage can in-between the two elevators.  One of them opened up and she was about to walk in, but someone walked out.

 

"Hey G!"  Lance's deep voice said.  He moved in for a hug, but she stepped into the elevator.

 

"Hi."

 

Lance looked at her inside the elevator as she pressed a button. "Justin's freaking out.  He says you are ignoring him, but he doesn't know why."

 

The doors began to close and she mumbled. "I gotta go, Lance."  The doors shut as Lance looked at her in shock.

 

Meredith leaned against the wall of the elevator as it went to the 3rd and top floor of the building. 

 

-Please, just don't let me see him.  Please God don't let him be here today.- 

 

The elevator opened with a ding and she stepped out and walked down the hallway.  She went to her office that she hadn't seen in about 2 1/2 weeks.  She put the key in the lock and turned the knob.  She stopped when she realized the door was already unlocked.  Her breathing shortened.  She pushed the door open and there he was.

 

Sitting in her leather chair.  Feet propped up on the desk, ankles crossed.  Elbows resting on the arm rest.  Fingers laced and both index fingers were pinching his bottom lip.  His forehead was wrinkled in confusion.  And his eyes were blood shot and she could tell he had been worrying.

 

But she didn't give a damn. 

 

He looked up at her and cross his arms over his chest.  He stared at her and tilted his head to the side, not speaking a word. 

 

She leaned against the doorframe and mocked his actions.  She crossed one ankle over the other, crossed her arms over her stomach and tilted her head to the side.

 

They stared at each other.  For at least 2 minutes.  To Justin it felt like 2 years.  She wasn't doing anything.  He was clueless and lost.  Meredith could have stayed like that and stared at him for as long as she wanted.  The look of tiredness, anger, disappointment, and confusion in his face almost made her want to leap for joy.  She wanted him to hurt, she wanted him to feel pain.  But no matter how much pain and hurt he would go through.  It wouldn't even compare to the amount of devastation he had caused in her life. 

 

In her mind, he had literally shattered her world.  She didn't care about his side of the story.  She didn't care what had happened.  In fact she didn't want to know.  She had proof that HE had cheated on her.  Even worse at a party that SHE had thrown for HIM.  At first she thought he was maybe drunk because of the way he had smelled and slightly tasted afterwards that night, but she knew better than that.  He wouldn't have came to her afterwards if he were drunk.  He felt guilty and THAT'S why he practically attacked her that night.  She was glad he felt guilty.  He was SUPPOSED to feel guilty.

 

"So, is this some joke or are you purposely trying to ignore me?"  Justin finally spoke.

 

She pushed herself off the doorframe and headed to her desk.  She set her stack of papers and purse to the side and placed her hands on the desk.  She stretched her arms out and leaned over the desk.  With Justin's slouched position, she was towering over him.  A first for both of them.

 

Justin couldn't help but feel intimidated.  She had a look on her face that he had NEVER seen from her before.  HE didn't know what it was, but he did NOT like it, at all.

 

"Get out."  She said not breaking her expression or look.  They were staring at each other.  It was intense.  And Justin knew she wasn't joking.

 

"What's-"

 

"GET OUT!"  She screamed interrupting him.

 

Justin stood up and was now looking down at her. "No.  You need to tell me why you are angry with me."

 

She looked up at him and narrowed her eyes, evilly. "I don't NEED to do shit to you JUSTIN!  Get the fuck out of my office before I call security and have them remove you, or would you rather ME kick your ass outta here?"

 

Justin was a little taken back by what she just said.  Actually he was a lot taken back.  "I'm not leaving until you tell me what is happening."

 

She walked to the phone and dialed the 3 numbers for security.  She waited as Justin eyed her.  She was actually kicking him out.

 

"Yes, I need someone to be removed from office 3B."  She waited a second then hung up. 

 

Justin's mouth dropped open as she leaned against one of her walls and stared at him.  "You're serious."

 

"No shit, sherlock."  She began biting and looking at her nails like she was bored.

 

"What-Wha-....You are scaring me."  Justin was getting emotional.  She was mad at him and he didn't know why.  But it wasn't like she was mad, she was HATEFUL.  And he knew, he KNEW in his heart, that she was gone.

 

She looked up from her nails and he took in a shaky breath and looked at the door.  There stood Jacob, a 30-something security man of the WEG building.

 

"Justin?"  The man questioned as he stepped further into the room.  He looked in-between the two in confusion.

 

Justin looked back at Meredith.  She had NO expression on her face.  She looked like an inanimate object, without feelings or thoughts or emotion.  It made him sick, literally, to see her like this.  He brought his hand up to his mouth and mumbled.

 

"I think I'm going to be sick." He quickly walked out of the room, mouth covered.

 

Jacob looked at Meredith, she walked across the front of her desk and turned to sit in her chair.  She sat down and pulled some paper work in front of her.  A minute passed and she looked up at Jacob, staring at her in shock.

 

"Thank you Jacob. You can leave now."  She returned to her papers and he finally left the office.  On his way back to the elevator he passed the men's restroom.  He listened as he heard gagging sounds coming from inside.  He never spent much time with either of them, but had been around them and others enough to know that they were together and very much in love.  He realized he was getting caught up in the lives of others and shook his head and continued on to the elevator.

 

--------------------------

Johnny sat on a couch in the large, luxurious "rec room" of the WEG building.  It was connected to his office, only a few doors down from Meredith's and could be seen as soon as you got of the elevator to the third floor.  It paralleled the elevator doors and had glass doors so you could see out into the hallway.

 

JC sat beside Johnny,  as Lance sat in a cushy chair.  Joey sat on a harder chair, straddling it.  And Chris sat on the other couch beside a pale faced, red-eyed, tear-stained cheeks, Justin.  Everyone noticed and when someone asked him what was wrong he just shook his head with a glazed over expression on his face.

 

Johnny looked at a notepad and read off of it, kinda.  "..OK, so next Monday we have an interview with YM magazine scheduled.  It says you are scheduled for recording until then.  The Grammy's are a month and a half away.  I'll meet with you guys later on that.  And I think that's it...Anything else, we need to talk about?"  Johnny looked up from his notepad at the guys.  All of them shook their heads, except Chris.  He looked at Justin and back at Johnny.

 

"Yeah, ummm, I have something we need to talk about."

 

"OK.." Johnny urged him on.  Chris looked back at Justin.  "What the HELL is wrong with you???"

 

Justin looked up at Chris and then turned to look at all the other faces staring at him.  He gripped his head in his hands and let out a huge shaky breath.

 

"Meredith."  Justin felt the tears burning in his eyes, but sniffed and held them in place. He swallowed the lump from his throat and looked up at the guys still staring at him.

 

"Call her down here.  Tell her you need to talk to her about something.  You'll see what I mean. She's-She's..I don't know.  She hates me.  I see it in her eyes.  Something's happened and I don't know what and I just...I don't know what to do."  He shook his head at the floor and a tear fell from his eye.  Chris watched him wipe it away and turned to Johnny and gave him a look that said 'did you just see that?'

 

"She kicked me out of her office."  Justin whispered.

 

"What happened, Justin?"  JC calmly asked.  He looked up at him.

 

"That's just it.  I don't know, JC.  I have no clue!  She was supposed to come over and watch the statement be aired on TRL Friday, but she never showed.  I called her house and no one answered.  I went over there the next day, but her car wasn't there, so I didn't bother.  I tried her cell phone, EVERYTHING. Yesterday I went over there and her car WAS there.  I went to her apartment and banged on the door.  When there wasn't an answer I used the key she gave me...and it didn't work.  She had..She had changed her locks." 

 

Johnny picked up the phone on the table beside the couch and dialed her office number.

 

"Meredith, its Johnny.  Can you come to the rec room, I have some paperwork that I need you to verify for the guys. Thanks"  Johnny hung up the phone and all 6 heads turned to look out the glass doors.

 

Seconds later Meredith's office door opened.  She pulled her hair into a bun as she walked to the door.  When she got to the door she put her hand on the silver handle and looked up.  She saw them all staring at her and KNEW what was about to go down.  She took in a deep breath and opened the door.  As she walked into the room she thought to herself.

 

-Control your anger.  Don't kick his ass just yet.  Be strong.  Let him suffer.  He DESERVES this.  Yeah, go ahead Timberlake, look upset...son of a bitch.-

 

Her eyes connected with his for a moment and she walked up and stood beside Joey, still straddling his chair.  She looked at Johnny.

 

"Where are those papers?"

 

"Meredith why don't you have a seat, for a moment."  He motioned to one of the couches

 

She looked down at the floor and shook her head.  She let out a short laugh and looked back up at Johnny, not acknowledging ANYONE else in the room.  "That's not going to work.  Yes I am mad at Justin.  No I am RAGING because of Justin.  And if I have to breathe the same air as him one more second I think I might just kill myself, OR him, either way works for me.  But it is not your job to keep my soap opera life in check.  So I suggest you stay out of it, thank you.  Now do you actually HAVE any thing you need from me, or can I leave now?"

 

Justin shot out of his seat. "What did I DO to you!?  GOD!  DONT YOU KNOW THAT I- I- LOVE YOU???  Did you get my card?  I LOVE YOU! PLEASE don’t do this...please!"  Justin was crying openly now, and standing up begging her  He held on to her shoulders to look in her eyes. She looked at him and took in a deep breath.

 

"I would think you would KNOW what you did."  She pushed away from his grasp.

 

"Tell me."  He whispered.

 

She licked her dry lips, she hated to admit it, but seeing him this way, seeing him at all was breaking her.  Her strength she promised herself she would show, was crumbling.  She tore her eyes away from him.

 

"Why don't you ask Kim?"

 

She had found out.  But she obviously had heard Kim's side.  He couldn't believe she believed her over him.  "How did you find out?  Don't believe her Meredith, she's gone crazy."

 

"NO JUSTIN!!  I have gone crazy.  YOU have made me CRAZY! Why the HELL did you DO that to me?! Didn’t you KNOW that you were my EVERYTHING!  You were EVERYTHING I wanted and NEEDED and in that ONE moment you had to take that away didn’t you?!  Was it because she would fuck you and I wouldn’t?  That’s it isn’t it!?”

 

<p>"Ang-"

 

<p>"OH!  Don’t EVEN think about calling me that.  I’ll never be your stupid fucking little ANGEL ever again.  So just  SHUT UP!"  She grabbed the necklace around her neck and he saw that her promise ring was missing from her hand. She yanked on the necklace, breaking it and threw it at him.  He picked up the cross necklace he had given her and looked up at her defeated. 

 

"There are pictures, Justin.  Pictures of you with your shirt off and Kim in her underwear on a bed, kissing.  There are ones with you standing up, ones with your hands on her cheeks.  Ones with her on top of you. Ones with you on top of her.  There are ones with her pressing your body on hers.  What do you expect me to say or do?  You've killed me Justin and..and...I never want to see you again."  She turned and walked towards the door.  She opened it and he ran after her sobbing.

 

"Please, you've got to believe me.  It was a mistake.  She was kissing me.  I was trying to stop her.  You've got to believe e.  You just have to. Please..."  He dropped to his knees taking her hands and kissing them and holding them to his face.  "Please.."  He whispered.  She looked down at him and almost broke when his crying blue eyes locked onto hers.  She took in a shaky breath and jerked her hand away.

 

"We're through."  She whispered and ran out of the door to the elevator, sinking to the elevator floor in sobs.

 

At one end of the hallway a lost man clutched his heart and cried as the love of his life rode an elevator out of his life, sobbing and hugging her knees as she rocked herself back forth.
Chapter 25 by Mere

Chapter 25

 

As soon as the doors opened, Meredith stumbled upward and slowly walked out of the elevator.  She wanted to run, she wanted more than anything just to run away.  But her legs would barely move.  She shuffled to the lobby and headed to the doors.  There were two people talking at the front desk but she didn't even realize they were there.

 

"Hey Girlie!!  How was the trip?  I haven't seen you in FOREVER!"  Dre called out to her.  She kept walking to the door and he looked at the secretary he was talking to and then back at Meredith, strangely.  She opened the door and walked out.  A slight Florida breeze wrapped her in coolness and she rubbed her upper arms to add a bit of warmth to her body, as she walked around the building.  She realized that she didn't have her car keys or anything with her, so she just plopped down on the curb of the sidewalk and watched the cars go by on the street a few hundred feet away. The sky was a very dim gray color.  There was an overcast and the sun wasn't even TRYING to shine. She was numb to the silent tears flowing from her.

 

Meanwhile....

 

Dre watched as Justin sprinted through the lobby.  He heard JC's and Lance's voice call out. 

 

"STOP HIM!" 

 

Dre knew it was something to do with Meredith.  From the tears he saw on both their faces.  So, he did what he was told.  He quickly walked to where Justin was at the door and grabbed his shoulders.

 

"Slow down, cowboy."

 

"LET ME GO DRE!"  He screamed, causing the secretary to widen her eyes in shock.  Just then, JC and Lance went up and helped Dre, who was actually struggling to keep Justin still.  Chris, Joey and Johnny weren't far behind. 

 

After a few more tries Justin went lax and sank against the wall holding his head in his hands.

 

"What's going on?"  Dre asked them, keeping a careful eye on Justin.

 

"Did Meredith go through here?"  JC asked.

 

"Yeah, she just walked outside about 5 minutes ago. Why?"  Dre asked still clueless.

 

JC jogged out the door.

 

Chris looked at Justin and looked at everyone else.  They were just standing there.  Johnny explained to Dre what he knew, as Joey and Lance talked to themselves trying to figure this out. Yet Justin was sitting there, all alone with no one.  So, Chris nominated himself to make him not so lonely.  Chris and Justin had always been extremely close.  They shared all the same interests.  Though the whole group considered each other brothers, Chris and Justin were truly the closest of friends.

 

"It'll work out J, it'll work out."  Chris said calmly as he sat down beside him.

 

Justin looked up and rubbed his hands all over his face.  "No, I feel it in my heart, Chris.  She doesn't want me back."

 

Chris put an arm around Justin and Justin leaned his crying face on Chris's shoulder.  At any other time, they would have been picked on and scolded for this movement.  But not know, this was too serious. 

 

This WAS serious.  Because everyone at that moment knew that if things didn't work out between Justin and Meredith, that Meredith might leave her job and Florida for that matter.  She was a friend to all the guys, but Justin was her main strength and support.  HE had given her a new life in Orlando, with a little bit of help from the guys.  But it was HIM who showed her that she needed to live in the moment and not the past.  The guys would lose it if she left.  They seriously needed her there.  They had found a need for her to do the small things for them, and they all loved her like a sister, except Justin that is, who loved her like a soul mate.  Because that's what they all believed that she was, his soulmate.  He believed it.  And she HAD believed it.

 

"Justin, she might not want you back, but she needs you back.  She can't just throw you away that easily.  She loves you way too much."

 

"No, she HATES me.  Did you see the way she treated me and acted towards me? She hates me."  Justin sniffled.

 

"She acts that way, but we all know Meredith.  She'll put on a front if she is scared.  And THAT'S what she is.  I bet you ANYTHING she is terrified.  Did you see her eyes Justin?  Did you?  They weren't mad or angry.  They were hurt and upset.  If she hated you she wouldn't be upset or hurt.  She LOVES you and THATS why she is so upset."  Chris took a deep breath and continued. 

 

"Now, I don't really know what happened that night, but I know you.  And I know you can do some stupid things.  This is kinda like deja vu, from this summer when we went to the beach.  But this is way more serious.  I also know that you love her. and.."

 

Justin pushed Chris away and shook his head. "Oh god Chris, if you only knew how much I love her.  If you ONLY knew.  I cant...I...I'm speechless."  Justin let out a quick sob and then his rage built up.  He screamed at the ceiling.

 

"DAMN ME TO HELL!  JUST DAMN ME, OHH GODDD..."  He covered his face in his hands.

 

Everyone was really shocked at Justin's outburst, he was acting like she had died.  They didn't realize that in a sense, she had.

 

"Justin what happened that night?"  Johnny asked after he had calmed down a bit.

 

"JC and Meredith went dancing and I was left with a group of people, everyone else started dancing and then Kim came up to me and I asked her to dance.  I mean it was just a dance, you know?  I've been over her for like 8 months now.  Anyway, so a slow song comes on, and we just continued to dance.  I saw Joey and Meredith dancing.  Oh gosh, I remember how cute she looked, dancing with you."  He pointed to Joey and let the back of his head hit the wall as he sorta smiled.  "You guys were going all out.  You were twirling and dipping her, and I wanted to be you so bad, but I knew I would get a chance to, later.  Sorry, didn't mean to.."

 

"It's OK J, just keep going."  Lance calmly smiled.

 

"So, Kim had a glass of wine in her hand, and she brought it up to take a sip, and somehow, I really don't know, she kinda tripped and the wine landed all over me.  Kim said that Chad had some extra shirts I could borrow in that hotel where everyone was staying.  She gave me a key and I went to the room.  I went in and looked through the suitcases there, feeling kinda weird, because I wad looking through someone else's stuff.  I took my shirt off thinking I had found the right suitcase and when I opened it, it was girls clothing.  Chad must have not even BEEN there."

 

Justin let out a painful sigh and continued.  "Then I heard the sound of a door open and I turned around and there she was.  Kim.  Only in her underwear.  She had come out of the bathroom.  I didn't know WHAT the hell was going on, and the next thing I knew she was kissing me.  I pushed her away and she got all "I miss you" type.  I was really confused by it all, so I sat down on her bed and then as soon as I did that she was on top of me.  I pushed her away several times, but she was much stronger than I thought and pulled me down with her.  Finally I got away from her and got out of there as soon as I could.  I..I didn't want to tell Meredith and her get all upset, so I was just going to wait.  I just was going to wait a few days until we got back.  I was going to tell her I swear.  I was going to right after they aired the statement on TRL, but she never showed.  She never...." 

 

Justin couldn't finish.  Chris stood up and offered Justin his hands.  "Why don't I take you home Justin?"  Justin looked up and reluctantly gave Chris his hands.

 

------

All this time, JC had been outside with Meredith.  He had walked around the building to find her just sitting there.  He walked up to her and sat down beside her.  They didn't speak for a good while.  She finally rested her head on his shoulder and he wrapped an arm around her.

 

"Why did I have to fall for him, Josh, why?"

 

"Fate, maybe?"

 

"Fate can go to hell."

 

"You don't mean that."

 

"I don't know what to do now, JC.  I'm lost."

 

"There isn't anything you HAVE to do Meredith."

 

She pulled away and looked at him. "Yes there is. I have school here, well kinda.  I'm surprised they haven't kicked me out, because I'm ALWAYS away and asking for assignments ahead of time.  I have a job, which, I don't know if you guys know this, but I LOVE my job.  I LOVE IT.  It's THE best job in the world.  I get paid very well. And I get to hang out with the people I care about. Even if it weren't you guys I would love it.  Do you KNOW how much fun it is?"  She managed a sort smile.

 

JC chuckled.  "No cant say that I do.  You LIKE doing our paper work."

 

"Shut up.  That's not important.  JC, I have a life here in Florida that I LOVE.  But, it..I can't see this life without Justin in it.  Ever since I fell for him I haven't seen my life without him.  I don't know if I can do this."

 

"Why don't you hear his side?"

 

"Because it doesn't matter."

 

"Meredith..."

 

"JC you haven't seen the pictures."

 

"So, you know how those things can be blurry and stuff.  You KNOW how tabloids are."

 

"You want to see the pictures?"

 

"You have them?" 

 

She nodded slowly. "Yeah they are in my car.  I was going to send them to Justin with a note saying it was over, but this happened before I had a chance."

 

"G..."

 

Meredith stood up. "I'll just go get my keys and we can look at them."

 

"Mere..."

 

"The funny thing is, is that he just made a statement saying that we were together, at least I think.  I never watched it.  Isn't that funny." Meredith forced a laugh and turned to walk back to the building and kept rambling on, and forcing laughter.

 

"MEREDITH!"  JC jumped up after her and turned her around.  She was now shaking instead on laughing and her eyes were shut tight, even though the tears fell from her eyes.  She clung to him as his arms went around him.

 

"What am I going to do?"  She whispered into his shoulder as she sobbed.  She started getting tired and he somehow noticed and picked her up.  She straddled the front of him and clung to him, as if she was a toddler and JC was her daddy. 

 

"You want me to drive you home?"

 

"Yeah."  She dragged out.

 

"OK. I'll take your car and I'll have someone else bring me back here OK?"

 

"OK."  She whispered again.

 

"Do you think you can go inside, he might still be there."

 

"I'll just close my eyes."  She sounded like a child.  She felt like one.  But she didn't care.  It felt very good to have someone to hold on to.  She had been SO alone the past few days and just to have someone hold her, was what she needed.

 

JC lifted her higher onto his torso, as she clung to him tighter.  She closed her eyes, and pretended to be asleep.  JC got to the glass doors. HE looked inside, and saw everyone standing around talking as Justin paced back and forth.  As soon as he opened the front door, everyone looked up at them in shock.  Before anyone had time to do anything else, JC brought a finger to his lips as to shush them and slightly nodded to the "sleeping" girl on his shoulder.  Justin, walked up to them, and JC wasn't sure what to do, so he just stood there as Justin eyed her.  The room was silent.

 

Justin spoke calmly, and lovingly, and scared all at the same time. "You're not sleeping.  I watch you sleep all the time. I KNOW when you are sleeping.  Your breathing isn't as loud and, and...nevermind."  Justin eyed her and let a single tear fall from his stained but dry cheeks.  She slowly lifted her head, and looked at JC.

 

"I'll go get my keys myself.  I'll be back in a few moments."  She lowered herself down, so that she was standing on the floor.

 

"You sure you don't want me to go with you?"  JC eyed Justin who was now staring at her.

 

"I'll be fine."  She turned and slowly walked down the hallway to the elevators, running a hand through her hair as she took it from the sloppy bun it was in.

 

Justin pleaded with JC to believe him, and surprisingly JC did.  JC thought Meredith was his sister, basically.  But he had known Justin for too long to know that he would NEVER pull something like this.  He still wanted to see the pictures.  Everyone did.

 

"I'll ask Meredith if I can show you the pictures once I see them, OK?"  JC said quietly to Justin as Meredith neared them down the hallway.  She got to JC and handed him her keys, she now had sunglasses over her red eyes. 

 

"Johnny, you don't mind if I-"

 

"Go ahead, call me if you can't make it tomorrow."  Johnny smiled at her and she nodded.  She walked on out the door, not looking back.  JC pushed the door opened and looked back at everyone standing there.  He finally turned to Justin.

 

"We will fix this.  It might take a while, but we will fix this.  I swear on my life."  With that he followed Meredith to her car.  He unlocked the doors and they both got in.  She picked up a brown envelope and JC stopped her.

 

"Let's look at them when we get back to your place."

 

"K."  She whispered and set the pictures back down.  He cranked the engine and left the parking lot.  The ride was silent.  JC concentrated on driving, and Meredith stared out the window. 

 

The drive ended and JC looked over at Meredith.  She was practically glued to the window.  But he did see the one, lone, fat tear, silently fall down her already soaked cheeks.

------------------------

3 weeks later

 

Meredith was BEAMING.  She was SO excited.  She clicked the keyless entry button to her car and smiled as the front lights flashed, as an indicator that the car had unlocked.  She hopped in the car and smiled as she pressed a button and the hood flew back.  Her hand put the keys in the ignition and she groaned as the soft purr of the engine started. She pushed a CD into her car and put her sunglasses over her eyes as the sounds of Limp Bizkits "Take a look around (Theme to MI:2)"  came on.  She put the CD player on pause and picked up her bright red Nokia phone and pressed 4 for speed dial.  She waited for about 5 rings and the answering machine picked up as she drove on to the Orlando Freeway, wind blowing through her newly colored hair.

 

"Hi, this is Josh.  I cant get to the phone right, now but if you-"

 

"Hello?"  JC picked up before the answering machine finished.

 

“JC?"

 

"Yeah, Meredith?"

 

"Hey boy WHATS UP!"  She said in a weird voice.

 

"You are in a good mood."

 

"No, I am in a FANTASTIC MOOD"  The voice continued on.

 

JC was confused by why she was acting this way. "Why?"

 

"Can I come over and show you?"

 

"Right now?"

 

"YEAH.  I'm already in my car."  She was acting a little snobby.

 

"OK. I guess its fine.  But umm, EVERYONE is over here."  He said straining the word 'everyone'.

 

"So?"

 

"So I mean...Justin...is over here." He whispered Justin's name.

 

"JOSH!  Oh my GAWD.  That was so, like forever ago.  I'm over him.  DONE! FINISHED!  So can I come over?"

 

JC was so confused now.  She was acting VERY strange.  "Yeah, I guess."

 

"OK.  Be waiting outside.  I'll be there in 15 minutes."

 

"We are outside playing Basketball anyway."

 

"Perfect.  CHIAO!"

 

"Uhh, yeah, bye."  Then JC realized that she had cut the phone off before he even got in the last word.  It was weird.  REAL weird.

 

Meredith had come to work everyday, after the day her and Justin broke up.  She stayed busy and every now and then went out to eat with a few of the guys but never Justin. 

 

Justin hardly spent anytime at the WEG building.  If there were a meeting he would always arrive late and leave early.  He hadn't done much with anyone in the past weeks.  Everyone knew that he was depressed.  His face was pale and his eyes were always red.  He had bags under his eyes and not ONE person had seen him laugh or smile in the last few weeks.  He was taking this REALLY hard.

 

Meredith was taking it, unusually well.  She never once seemed down or anything.  And she was actually CIVIL towards Justin.  If they were in a meeting, she didn't mind asking him a question, but he would usually mumble answers.  But, it wasn't like she was the same old person.  She had changed.  Ever since that day, everyone had noticed that she was slowly becoming more and more, materialistic, fake, and kinda bitchy.  JC and Chris had both commented on how she was wearing more make-up and become a lot flirtier.

 

But then again, everyone understood what was going on.

 

JC, had taken Meredith home that afternoon and seen the pictures of Justin and Kim.  He took them and showed them to everyone, including Justin.  Justin had calmed down significantly and explained each picture and what was going on in each of them.  Everyone believed Justin, because they knew how hard Justin was taking this, and they knew that he would NEVER do anything like this, especially to Meredith.

 

But no matter what anyone said, Meredith kept her belief in that Justin had cheated on her.  She was being stubborn and probably wouldn't have changed her mind if Kim herself had told her what had REALLY happened. 

 

JC and the rest of the Nsyncers, Dani, Leslie, and a "friend" of JC's, Whitney were all over at his house.  The guys were playing basketball, except for Joey who had recruited to talking on his cell phone with a girl he met at a club a few nights ago.  So there were all the guys, and their girls.  Except Justin.  Justin no longer had a girl.

 

"THAT'S MY BABY!"  Leslie yelled when Lance actually made a basket.

 

"Man, even I'm impressed!"  Chris smirked, slapping hands with his teammate.

 

"Lucky shot."  JC mumbled, passing the ball to Justin, his teammate.  Justin caught the ball and began dribbling, but stopped when they heard a slight rumble.

 

"What's that noise?"  Dani asked, getting up from her chair and walking towards the front of the house where the noise was coming from.  She rounded the corner and screamed.  All the rest of the gang dropped what they were doing and ran after her.  They rounded the corner and saw a NICE Arctic Silver, Porsche Boxster driving up, JC's long and winding driveway.

 

"No way that's her car!"  Whitney exclaimed.  She hadn't met Meredith but had heard a lot about her.  JC had already told everyone that she was coming. Justin wanted to leave, but JC made him stay and finish the game.

 

"No, that's NOT her car.  She has an Acura."  Chris said slowly.

 

The car vanished behind a hill and soon reemerged, closer to the house.  The music was BLARING. Lance noticed the song being a silverchair fan, along with Meredith.  It was silverchairs "I'm a freak".  The car came to a skidding halt about a foot from the rear of Justin's Blue BMW Roadster.  His eyes widened at the sight.  Then his mouth dropped as she opened the door to the car and stepped out.  Everyone was doing the same thing: Looking her up and down.

 

She shut the car door and they just stared as she swayed her hips provocatively towards the group. 

 

There getting out of a BRAND NEW Porsche was Meredith.  She was wearing 3 inch black heels, tight black stretch pants that hugged and accented every curve.  Her shirt was a men's white, button up long sleeve dress shirt, that had one button buttoned right in the middle of her chest and the ends of the shirt were tied in a knot right under that button.  The ends of the shirt, hung over her exposed stomach.  The sleeves were rolled up to right above her elbows.  Her lips were coated in a dark, yet shiny lipstick that made her lips shimmer and stand out.  She had sunglasses over her eyes and her hair was highlighted with auburn, blonde, and other shades of brown.  It was heavily layered, which wasn't anything new, but she looked VERY different.  She looked like....

 

She looked like a new version of Kim.

 

"Sup yall."  She purred throwing her keys in the air and catching them with the same hand.  She took her sunglasses off and perched them on top of her head showing her dark eye shadow.

 

“When did you get that car?"  Dani exclaimed.

 

"Yesterday."  She smiled flirtatiously at all the guys.

 

"When did you get your hair highlighted?" Lance asked nervously.

 

"This morning."  She flipped it off her shoulder.  "So, what do yall think?"

 

"It's..cool." JC forced a smile.

 

"KILLER CAR G!"  Chris yelled running to the car, more interested in that than in the "New" Meredith that stood in front of them.

 

"Damn girl."  Joey breathed checking her out and heading to the car.  As he walked behind her he turned around and starred at her some more.  He raised his eyes to the rest of the people, in front of her and mouthed 'Oh my god.'

 

"Hi, I'm Meredith.  Who are you?"  Meredith said in that weird voice.

 

Whitney looked at JC then at Meredith.  "I'm Whitney."  Meredith just nodded. 

 

Justin took in a sharp breath.  Seeing her like this was too much.  It wasn't her sexy outfit or new car.  But it was the way she was acting.  It was like everything that she WASNT, she had turned into.  Everything that he loved about her for NOT being, she was.  He just sat back in disgust.  He had become depressed, but his sadness was turning into anger with each passing day. 

 

-How DARE she come here after the hell she's been putting me through. How DARE she.  What a bitch.-

 

"Justin, check this out.  She's got a 10 disk Boze changer in this puppy.  She's definitely got your milk."  Chris yelled from the driver's side of her car.  Meredith giggled flirtatiously at Chris who was beeping the horn.  Dani noticed.

 

She and Meredith had become VERY good friends and she didn't like this change.  Meredith was always friendly with the guys, but never flirty.  Especially with CHRIS.  HER Chris

 

Justin pushed himself off of the brick wall/barrier he was leaning on and walked over to her car.  Staring her down, evilly on his way.  Meredith looked at him and smiled a smug smile.  He looked up at the sky and shook his head, continuing his walk to her car.

 

"Damnnnn, what's wrong with him?"  Meredith said rolling her eyes.

 

"Maybe he is a little upset that he got dumped 3 weeks ago for NO reason."  Dani said turning around and walking into the house slamming the door behind her.

 

Meredith sucked air quickly through her teeth and JC thought for a moment she was going to snap her finger at her. "What's HER problem?" 

 

"What's HER PROBLEM?  What's YOUR problem?" Leslie retorted putting her hands on her hips and looking at Meredith strangely.

 

"UGH!  Is it NATIONAL PMS day?  What's up with all the bitchy attitudes?"  Meredith gave a snobbish look and waved Leslie away with the back of her hand and turned around.

 

She was met face to face with Justin.

 

"No, I don't think its National PMS day.  But YOU sure as hell have the BITCHY ATTITUDE part down.  WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING?" Justin yelled accusatoringly to her. 

 

Meredith's snobbish look dropped and her eyes return to the way they were 3 weeks ago. Hurt and Upset.

 

If this whole charade was the pre-show, everyone hated to see was the next act would bring.  Everyone around them stared at each other.  Something was about to happen.  They all could sense it.

 

Justin and Meredith stood 2 feet apart, killing each other with their stares. 

 

"What the hell do you THINK I'm doing Justin?  I'm DOING EXACTLY what you want me to do."

 

"How in any way is acting like a snobby bitch and dressing like a slut what I want?"  Justin glared at her.

 

Meredith's face was now only sorrowfilled and nothing else.  Her head bowed. "It's how Kim acted."

 

Justin couldn't believe he was hearing this. "First of all, WHEN will you realize that I didn't do anything with her.  I was TRYING to push her away.  Everyone else believes it, why cant you?  SECOND, you are the one that broke up with me."

 

Meredith looked up and shook her head.  "WAIT A MINUTE HERE!  Why are you mad?  I'm the one that is supposed to be mad.  I'm the one who got cheated on."

 

"I DIDNT CHEAT ON YOU!!!"  A crowd had formed around them.  Chris and Joey had returned from her car and stood beside Lance, who was holding on to Leslie's hand.  Whitney was just looking at JC, expecting him to explain.  He had told her about their breakup but not much detail.  JC just stared at the two fighting.  Danielle had heard the commotion and walked outside, only to stop dead in her tracks when she saw what was happening.

 

"There are pictures."  Meredith voice was quiet.

 

Justin looked at her trembling chin and knew she was breaking.  His voice softened a bit. "Will you look at the pictures again?  Dammit, cant you see how my eyes are open while she's she's...ugh.  I'm trying to push her away.  CAN'T YOU SEE THAT?  Or are you too far up in your own little world that you don't give a damn about the truth.  I never knew you were this stubborn."

 

As his voice changed to more accusatory, Meredith got very defensive. "Don't you see that no matter what you say or do I won't believe you.  You lied, you cheated, and now you are going to have to pay."

 

Justin pointed to her and yelled. "THAT'S THE PROBLEM RIGHT THERE!!  You don't believe me.  Which means you don't trust me.  You never did.  And THAT'S the problem.  I trusted you with my LIFE.  I still do.   And I will till I am under ground, DEAD.  You know why?  DO YOU KNOW WHY MEREDITH?"  When she didn't move or answer, he grabbed the sides of her face, cupping her cheeks and forcing her to look at him.

 

"BECAUSE I LOVE YOU!  YOU ARE MY..."  His voice soften and a tear dropped from his eye. "...everything.  You are what I need.  I'm dead right now without you.  Some one might as well shoot me, because I'm more useful dead than alive."

 

A tear fell from Meredith's own eye and she whispered. "Don't say that."

 

Justin dropped his hands and crossed his arms over his chest. "WHY?  It's not like you give a damn.  You HATE me.  YOU HATE ME!  If you LOVED me you would be in my arms right now, instead of standing there looking lost.  IF YOU LOVED ME YOU WOULD HAVE BELIEVED ME!  I can't BELIEVE I actually fell for someone who didn't love me.  I guess I'm just an idiot because it's happened to me about A HUNDRED times now.  I thought you were different, Meredith.  I thought you were THE one.  I guess I was wrong."  He turned around and began walking away but Meredith voice stopped him.

 

More like Meredith's scream. "HOW DARE YOU!!!!!!"

 

HE turned and narrowed his eyes at her. "What?"

 

"How DARE you accuse me for not loving you.  How DARE you say that I hate you.  How DARE you write off our relationship like that.  Our relationship has been the MOST IMPORTANT THING IN MY LIFE.  I've spent the last 10 months DEDICATED to you JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE.  Ever since that day in the bus right after....ugh, KIM...decided to tell you that SHE CHEATED ON YOU, I KNEW you were the one for me.  HOW DARE YOU SAY I'M NOT THE ONE!!!!!!!"

 

The silence only made the realization hit harder.  Justin's angry and hurt eyes disappeared and ones of hope filled them.  Meredith looked down at his feet and she figured out, finally, what had happened.

 

She had been wrong.

 

She realized that she should have believed him.  She realized that she did all along, but her good 'ol brain had been working for her instead of her heart.  She realized that SHE was the one.  She realized that HE was the one.  She realized that she was SO ashamed of herself at that very moment, she was afraid to even be near him.  She was afraid she might hurt him again.

 

She had put him through SO much pain.  If only she would have let him explain.  If only she knew how much he DID love her.  She finally realized that.  That he really did love her.  All her life she had been waiting for him.  For her perfect prince to come carry her away.  And when he came, she didn't believe it.  She thought it was a dream.

 

She realized this wasn't a dream.  This was her life.  THIS was reality.

 

Yet how in the world was she supposed to let him hold her and tell her he loved her after ALL the pain he had been living the past few weeks. While he had actually shown his hurt, SHE had bottled it up inside and even convinced herself she was OK.  She was good at doing that, bottling things inside.

 

All the emotions of the past 3 weeks hit her like a brick.  All the pain, hurt, suffering, disappointment, loneliness, and longing, hit her and she lost control. 

 

Yet she just stood there.

 

Justin's gray sneakers slowly stepped forward.  His navy running pants made a noise as his two legs brushed against each other. His plain white shirt got closer to her. And his beautiful lips and perfect teeth were for the first time in weeks, smiling.  Memories rushed her when their eyes connected.   How many times had she looked in those eyes and gotten lost?  So many.  She could she her self reflected in his eyes, and it scared her to see that she was crying, HARD.  It scared her EVEN more when she saw her soul, and his... together in his eyes.

 

He brought a hand up and gently brushed away her tears that were heavy with mascara with his fingertips.  She closed her eyes as the touch of him made her weak.

 

Then he spoke one word, one word that made her heartbreak.

 

"Angel..."  He smiled and whispered.

 

All hell broke lose in her brain and she had to bite her lip to keep from screaming.  His eyebrow connected in thought as his head tilted to the side at her confused expression. 

 

She trembled and looked back into those wonderful eyes.  "I'm sorry."

 

And with that she ran past him and jumped into her car, starting the engine and backing out.  It took Justin a while to realize what had happened but as soon as he did, he had jumped into his car and sped off after her. 

 

It looked like James Bond or Mission Impossible was taking place.  Two luxurious convertibles casing down a winding road.  Actually it kinda looked like that scene out of Bye Bye Bye.  Yet, this time, it was the GUY chasing after the girl. 

 

Justin was right on her tail and as JC's driveway neared the road he was very close to hitting her, as she had to stop and wait for a car to pass.  He was going to try something, anything, but Meredith had skidding out onto the road, spinning a tire in the process.

 

Justin followed her all the way to the Orlando freeway.  Meredith was doing about 95, zipping past cars and trucks.  She unexpectedly merged to the right and got off at her exit.  But Justin was quick and followed her. 

 

She got a plan.  She put on the breaks and slowed down to 20 mph in a 40mph zone.  Her cell phone was ringing but she ignored it.  As Justin tailed her only a few feet away from her rear, she quickly changed gears and sped to a nice 60 mph, in seconds.  She was glad she had this car, with her other, Justin and her would be talking right about now. The light in front of her turned yellow and she pressed down the accelerator as far as it could go and flew under the light RIGHT before it turned RED, never looking in her rear-view mirror. 

 

She made a sharp right turn and took a back route to her apartment building.  After 2 more minutes she arrived at her home.  Justin, thankfully had not followed her, but she had some bad feeling.  Some weird gut feeling that something bad, awful had happen.  But she didn't know what.

 

She thought it was probably her shame sinking in.  She didn't want Justin to have her.  He was too precious and good for her.  She had hurt him in the worst way and now, all she wanted to do was to sulk in her misery. 

 

She opened her apartment door and went straight to the TV.  She unplugged it.  Next was the CD player and radio.  Then finally her phones.  Even her computer was shut off.  Anything that could possibly be used as a communicator was turned off.

 

She walked into the kitchen and grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge.  Her heels were kicked off and she walked barefoot out onto her balcony.  She untied the knot in her shirt and let it cover her stomach. She pulled the chair closer to her and shook her head at the ash tray and cigarette ashes that were lying on the floor of the balcony. 

 

She had sworn to herself when she was little and watched her grandpa die of heart failure, that she would NEVER smoke.  He had been a heavy smoker.  Yet in the past few weeks she had bought her first lighter and her first pack of cigarettes, first SEVERAL packs, to calm her nerves. She was disgusted with herself.

 

She sat down in the chair and propped her feet up on the railing of her balcony.  She opened the bottle and took a long, needed gulp of the water. 

 

She stayed out there for hours.  Listening to the music of the Orlando evening begin to sound.

 

At one point she heard ambulance sirens that were faint but clear.  At the noise, her gut got that weird feeling again.  And again she wrote it off as her shame.

 

Little did she know, that that yellow light she barely made through had turned red and Justin had not stopped for it.
Chapter 26 by Mere

Chapter 26

----------------------

Next day, around lunch

 

Meredith mumbled to herself as she plugged her TV back in.

 

-This is sad.  I can't go 24 hours without TV. Sad Sad Sad.-

 

She got the cables all set and picked up the remote lying on the coffee table.  She flipped through the channels and when it landed on Comedy Central she smiled and put it on mute.

 

-THIS is what I need. Laughter.-

 

She set down the remote and sauntered into the kitchen, looking down at her hand.  For some reason she had put the promise ring Justin had given her back on her finger.  She didn't deserve to wear it, but no one else was around so it was just between her and God that she was wearing it.  She smiled, it was a beautiful ring.  And it was HER ring.  Meredith sighed loudly.  How one man, young man had turned her life around and flipped it upside down so easily, was a mystery to her.  But no matter what happened she would always love that man.  That made her smile.

 

he got out everything she needed to make a grilled cheese and made one of her infamous grilled cheeses.  She got out a Pepsi and walked back into the living room about 10 minutes later.

 

She sat down on the couch, propping her feet up on the table.  She reached for the remote and unmuted it.  It was back on another commercial and she giggled at Jon Stewart's comments about the Daily Show.  The commercial ended and a picture of Joshua Jackson entered the screen with the letters SNL off to the side.

 

She stopped mid-bite.  This was the episode Nsync was on. 

 

She wanted to change the channels.  But when Josh came on stage and said "Ladies and Gentleman, Nsync", she couldn't. She froze and listened as they sang the one song she needed to hear.  It was like God was sending her a message. 

 

It was a sign.

 

A tear fell down her smooth cheek at the moment the song ended.

 

She knew.

 

She smiled.  She actually SMILED at the TV.  She then giggled and fell over on the couch.  "I'm sooooo blind."  She laughed at her stupidity.  She was laughing, and had no idea why.  She just felt like laughing.

 

She straightened herself and only felt joy at that moment.  She couldn't eat anymore and put the rest of her grilled cheese on the coffee table and sat Indian style on the couch as she channel surfed.

 

"What am I doing?"  She laughed at herself again. 

 

-Did I put something in my Pepsi?  What is wrong with me?  Oh my gosh I am an IDIOT!!! IDIOT I TELL YOU!!  Why am I giddy?  Stop stop stop.-

 

She stopped on Entertainment Tonight when she saw a picture of Britney on the screen.  She turned up the volume.

 

"It seems the rumors have finally ended.  Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake are NOT a hot couple as everyone speculated they were.  After a photographer took these pictures for the London Times, talk about Justin's newest girl who is also *Nsync's assistant fired up.  A few weeks ago, Justin made this statement that aired on MTV's Total Request Live:

 

'It's funny how your feelings and emotions can be blown up on the screen and in a paper.  They can be cheapened and exaggerated. But one thing that I'm sure about is that no matter how much you try, you can not cheapen or exaggerate REAL love.  The media can try to make my relationship with Meredith seem cheap, but that's one thing it is NOT.  Our relationship is probably one of the BEST things in my life.  I'm so fortunate to have her.  I've known Meredith for a while now.  We've become best friends and I know she is someone that I see in my life for a very long time. 

 

I hope the fans will understand that I am a person.  And as a person I feel things that every person does.  Love is no exception.  I pray that one day each of our fans will find someone that they care for and love as much as I do Meredith.  And all I can do now is ask for the fans to respect my girlfriend and me.  Yes, folks I said it.  I have a girlfriend.  Thank you.'

 

This weekend, Britney Spears was seen being very chummy with a certain brown haired young man that has yet to be named at the Ft. Lauderdale club, 'Sunset'.  So the rumors have been cleared and the two pop teen sensations are just friends.  Yes, folks we've said it.  They're just friends.

 

The cast of ER...."

 

Meredith drowned out the rest of the speaker and she sat there in shock.  The statement he had given was perfect.  Perfectly perfect.  It was simple yet explanatory. 

 

-I should have gone over there to watch it with him.-  She scolded herself. 

 

Her eyes caught the cordless phone on its cradle on the stand beside the couch.  It was unplugged like all the rest of her phones.

 

She had that need to call him.  But she couldn't. 

 

-Later- she thought.  She needed to figure out what to say, do. 

 

Meredith turned her attention back to the TV and channel surfed again in a daze.  Her thoughts ran wild of how Justin would always randomly say that he loved her.  The small comforting kisses, not the passionate make out ones, but the kisses on the cheek, forehead and temple were the ones she missed.  She wanted more than anything to have him there with her.  Lying back on the couch with his arms around her, in front of him.  And them just watching TV.  Not saying anything.  Just being together.

 

That was the best part of their relationship.  Just being TOGETHER.

 

Her thoughts were interrupted though.  And she was brought back into reality when she landed on MTV.

 

Harsh reality.

 

"Justin Timberlake of *Nsync was in an automobile accident yesterday evening in the suburbs of Orlando, Florida.  Witnesses said he ran a stoplight speeding after a silver Porsche when a Jeep Cherokee hit Justin's BMW.  He was airlifted to one of Orlando's hospitals but the name is not being given for security reasons.  Fans have flooded all of the hospitals in that area, though.  When MTV received this news, Timberlake's condition was critical. The driver of the Jeep was released a few hours after arriving at the hospital. We will have more on this story as it unfolds.  And you can get more information on this breaking news and other news at Mtv.com. More news later, 10 to the hour, right here on MTV."

 

Meredith stared in shock as another tear ran down her damp cheeks.  A hand came up to her lips and she shook her head.  "No."

 

As if planned there was a knock on the door and JC's voice.  "Meredith, its JC.  PLEASE open up!"

 

She stared at the door for what seems like centuries.  But it was actually only a few seconds until she had swung open the door and flew into JC's arms, crying out.

 

"No. No. No.  Please, God let him be OK."

 

"Meredith he is OK, now.  But he wants to see you.  We tried calling but never got through."

 

"GOD I'm so stupid.  I left the phones off the hook.  Let's go, NOW!"  She pushed him out the door, not bothering bringing a jacket or her keys or anything with her.  She sprinted past JC out to the Explorer waiting for them.  Mike was in the driver's seat.  She got in and watched as JC jogged to the car and got in the back.

 

"Go go go go go go."  She chanted staring at Mike.

 

"Calm down G."  Mike petted her shoulder as he pulled into the street.

 

She took a deep breath and bit her nails as they drove as fast as Mike would to the hospital.  They got there in about 10 minutes and Meredith was ready to hop out and sprint in there but Mike locked the doors.

 

"Meredith, there are a lot of fans here.  We have to be careful, especially with you and JC in the car."

 

"I don't give a damn Mike.  Justin is in their DYING for all I know and I am in here.  Please..."

 

"OK.  Just hold on."  He pulled out his walkie-talkie and Meredith turned around to give JC a worried look, he was on his cell phone.  She turned back around and saw Dre jogging towards their car. 

 

"I've got JC, you stay with Dre. OK?"  Meredith just nodded quickly and as soon as Dre got to them, Mike unlocked the doors and she sprinted out of the car.  Dre had to catch her arm.

 

"Come on COME ON!!"  She yelled pulling him to the front entrance.  Dre pulled her back and put an arm around her.

 

"You are supposed to follow ME!"  He walked with her slowly into the entrance of the hospital, letting her hear what the fans gathered outside had to say.

 

"MEREDITH!!  TELL JUSTIN WE LOVE HIM!!"

 

"WE WANT HIM TO GET BETTER!! PLEASEEEE!" 

 

These were just a few of the loving cries called out to her.  She just smiled and nodded at them, before being pulled into the hospital.  Dre took her straight to the elevators and they got in and he pressed the number 4.  The doors closed just in time for her to see JC and Mike walking through the front doors.

 

"How bad is it?"  She finally asked Dre.

 

<p>"Bad.  But I have no doubt in my mind that as soon as he sees you he we start to get better.  No doubt at all." Dre was about as serious as he could be and Meredith just stood in shock at his words.  The doors opened and Dre stepped out.  Meredith followed but froze in her tracks when she saw all the people gathered out in the hallway.

 

Johnny, Chris, Lance, Joey, Leslie, Dani, Lonnie, Randy, Gina, Lisa, Justin's step-mom, who was holding baby Stephen, Justin's father Randall, and Jonathan.  Worst of all Jonathan. He spotted her first.

 

"GIRLFRIEND!!!"  He ran up to her and she dropped to her knees and held the boy like he was everything to her.

 

"Ohh, Jonathan."

 

"What's wrong?"  He asked pulling away.  She smiled at his innocence.

 

"Don't worry.  Justin is going to be fine.  He said so himself!!"  John exclaimed with a bright smile.  "Come on.  Let's go see him."  John picked up her hand and basically dragged her to the crowd of people staring at her.  She looked back at Dre who was laughing at "little J".

 

"Hey everyone."  Meredith shyly said as she stopped at the crowd.  Jonathan left her and walked to a door.  She looked up and saw there was a window beside the door, but the blinds were closed.  She watched as John took charge and lightly knocked on the door then peeked his head in. He stayed that way, halfway in the door for a few moments before the door opened fully and Jonathan ran into the room yelling "She's here".  Lynn emerged with a tired face. 

 

She stared at Meredith and Meredith was scared.  For the first time she was scared of this woman because she didn't know if Lynn would blame her.  She blamed herself, so why should she be any different.

 

Lynn walked over to Meredith and smiled before wrapping her arms around her.  "Thank you for coming.  He needs you."  And with that Lynn pulled away and went to talk to the rest of the group.

 

Meredith stared at the cracked door, opened.  Opened for her to go in and see the man of her dreams, her heart.  Her soul.

 

The door opened a little more and John stood in the doorway and looked at her.  "Well, are you coming or not?"

 

Meredith laughed at him and looked at the other faces around her.  They all smiled and encouraged her to go on.  So, she took a slow step towards the door and stopped.  She was too scared.

 

John gave her a bored look and came out and walked behind her.  He put his hands on her butt and literally pushed her to the door.  He gave one more push until she was in the door and clicked the door shut behind her.  Meredith heard laughter out in the hallway and thanks being given to Jonathan.

 

But then she looked up.

 

Her heart broke and was repaired all at the same time.  She looked at HIM.

 

With tubes going into his arms.  His leg in a cast, a bandage over his forehead, and an arm in a sling.

 

She fell in love with him all over again.

 

A painful but special and lovingly and COCKY smile shone though the dim light of the room and he coughed painfully before speaking.  "I knew you'd come."

 

Meredith stared at him.  She couldn't do anything else.  Her feet were cemented to the floor.  His smiled faded and he turned his head on the pillow.  He looked at her so seriously and she didn't know what was going on in his mind.

 

Her mind was screaming "RUN."

 

Her heart was screaming "RUN."

 

The only difference is that her mind wanted her to run out the door and her heart wanted her to run to his arms...or arm since the other was broken.

 

"Come here angel."  Justin said hoarsely.

 

She took a deep breath and inched towards him, he smiled then she stopped. 

 

"I- I- can't."

 

"Yeah, actually you can.  Get your butt over here!"  She couldn't believe in the state he was in he was joking around and smiling.  She shook her head and turned around.  She walked to the door and opened it, only to get weird looks from everyone standing there and Justin's voice calling out to her to "wait" and "please don't go."  She saw Lonnie eye her.  He knew what she was going to pull but she at least had to try.

 

The doors to the elevator opened at the end of the hallway and she sprinted towards them. 

 

She didn't get very far until two built arms had thrown her over a broad shoulder.  She struggled and hit his back, but it was NO use.  She dug her nails into his arms and he slapped the back of her thighs.

 

"Girl, calm yourself.  I'm not going to let you run away from that boy again."  By now Lonnie had taken her back into the hospital room and she could hear Justin's laughter.  She smiled.  She couldn't help it.  It was what she was use to.

 

The next thing she knew, her world when spinning and she was sitting down in a chair right beside Justin's bed.  He had a smirk on his face.

 

"You should know better than to try and get away from me."  He reached for her hand and she just stare at the tubes going through his wrist.  She felt like she was going to be sick. 

 

"L, I think you can let her go now."  Justin snickered because Lonnie had his hands firmly on her shoulders keeping her in place. 

 

Lonnie turned around and walked to the door. "The things I do for you kids.  I swear I feel like I'm on Jerry Springer in this business.  And I haven't gotten that Chocolate cake you promised me Meredith for going to Europe with you guys.  I tell you, I-"  Lonnie turned around and he smiled instantly.

 

Meredith had her hand finally locked with Justin's and they were staring at each other.  Justin sighed and smiled sweetly at her as she brought his hand up to her lips.  Lonnie watched as his eyes shut in pleasure as her lips brushed against his skin. 

 

-Man, to think that that one movement can give the boy THAT much pleasure.-

 

Lonnie opened the door and shut it quietly behind him.

 

Meredith opened her mouth to say something but Justin shushed her.  "Shhh, just let me look at you."  She nodded silently as he studied her face.  She bowed her head in shame and looked back up at him with tears streaming down her face. 

 

"Don't cry baby."  He whispered.  "I'll be all right."

 

"I wont."  She hoarsely said.

 

Justin put a hand on her left arm and brought her hand to his mouth and kissed her palm.  He brought her hand to his cheek and let it be tucked between his face and the pillow.  He smiled tiredly at her. 

 

"I don't-"  He stopped mid sentence and looked deeply into her eyes.  She looked right back not knowing what he was doing.  He moved his head and brought her hand down to right in front of his face. 

 

The brightness of his smile could be seen on the other side of the world.  He was beaming.

 

"You- you are wearing it."  He stared at the ring on her finger and she giggled. 

 

"Opps.  That was just supposed to be between me and God."

 

"No, no no.  It's....I love you."  He looked into her eyes and if she almost broke in two for about he 50th time that day.

 

"How can you after all that I have done to you?"  She looked lost and he took her hand and kissed her knuckles before resting her palm on his chest.  She could feel his heart beating steadily inside of him.

 

"Feel that?"  She nodded in response.

 

"Until the day you can't feel that I will love you.  And that will be forever because that's not the vibration of an organ pumping blood through my veins.  That's the pulse of my love for you.  That's the feeling of my heart loving you for all eternity."  A tear fell down his cheek and on instinct she lifted her body so that her lips could take the tear away.  As she did this he shivered.  She moved her body so that her lips hovered over his and she looked right into his eyes as he spoke the one word she needed to hear.

 

"Please..." 

 

And with that their lips met.  Justin let out a whimper and Meredith smiled in return.  He smiled also against her lips before reclaiming them.  With the angle she was leaning on it didn't take much for her to deepen the kiss.  Justin thought he had seriously died and gone to heaven as soon as she brought both of her hands up to cup his face and to kiss him more passionately. 

 

They were so lost and happy in their own world that didn't realize that some one had been knocking on the door.  Justin pulled away and slowly opened his eyes. 

 

"Did you hear that?" He whispered against her lips.

 

She kissed his nose sweetly. "No."

 

He let his lips touch her chin. "Me either."

 

They both giggled and Justin brought his free hand up to her face and tucked a piece of hair behind her ear. "I missed you."

 

"Well, I love you.  And you won't have to miss me anymore because I'm not going anywhere."

 

"So you DO believe me?"

 

"I always did.  But my brain was acting weird again."

 

Justin grinned a boyish grin and lifted his face to kiss her once more.  As soon as they met someone in the room cleared their throat.  Meredith stood up quickly and turned around.  Justin stared at the doorway.

 

There stood the doctor, AND everyone else crowded around the doorway smiling brightly.

 

"Justin its time for more medicine."  The doctor said kindly.

 

Justin smiled at the doctor and then turned his attention to the group crowded in the doorway. "What are yall staring at?" 

 

"Oh, Nothing at all."  JC said sarcastically, rolled his eyes and turned around.  The rest of the group went back outside but Randall and Jonathan came into the room.

 

Randall came up to Meredith and gave her a hug as Jonathan went up to his brother's bedside and started talking widely.

 

"He looks better already."  Randall whispered in her ear.

 

Meredith pulled away and looked up at Justin's father. "Well, the doctor is giving him medicine."

 

"That's not what I'm talking about."  Meredith gave him a questioning face and he turned to look at Justin who was giving his brother an interested look.  "Look at him.  He is beaming.  15 minutes ago he didn't look like that.  Now...you're here."  Meredith looked up at Randall surprisingly and he just moved over to Justin's bedside.

 

"Hey Dad."  Justin smiled, lazily.

 

"Hey, I think we are going to go get some real food while you are knocked out."

 

Justin chuckled, "OK."

 

Randall turned to Meredith.  "You want to go with us?"

 

"No.  I'm staying here."

 

"Well, he's getting his medicine, so he will be asleep in about 10 minutes."  The doctor said changing the bags that were hanging up, flowing medicine into Justin's body.  "Can she stay in here with me?"  Justin turned and asked the doctor.  The doctor looked uncertain and Justin spoke again.  "Please, she's my girlfriend.  Right?"  He turned and looked at Meredith.  Meredith rolled her eyes playfully.  "DUH!"

 

Everyone laughed and Jonathan scoffed.  "Well, fine then." Jonathan stormed to the door and swung it open.  He turned around and smiled sweetly at everyone in the room and quickly said "BYE!"

 

Meredith turned around and her and Justin laughed together at Jon's little show.  Randall petted his son's head before smiling and leaving the room also. 

 

"All done."  The doctor said, hooking the bag on the rack and looking at Meredith.  "I think it would be OK if you stayed in here, but Justin will probably be asleep shortly."

 

"That's OK.  By the way I'm Meredith."

 

"I know, my daughter is a big fan of Justin here.  I'm Dr. Michael.  And you must me a miracle worker because he is looking 10 times better."

 

Meredith blushed and the doctor quietly left the room.  She looked up at Justin and he had an evil grin on his face.

 

"Whut?"  She asked walking towards him.

 

Justin scooted over as much as he could on the bed and pulled back the covers.  He patted the space beside him and smiled brightly. 

 

"Justin, I don't think its that good of an idea."  Meredith looked at the tiny space she had to fit in.

 

"You won't hurt me, now get over here."  He pointed to himself and she smiled.

 

Meredith walked over to the bed and cautiously snuggled under the covers after she kicked her shoes off.  Justin shifted some more and he had a pained expression on his face.

 

"I'm hurting you."

 

"No, I'm hurting myself."  He shifted once more and relaxed, wrapping his unbroken arm around her shoulders.  He bent down and kiss her head.  "This is what I've been waiting for, for about 3 and 1/2 weeks now."  He yawned.

 

After a few moments Meredith spoke. "Justin, I heard the statement.  It was re-aired on Entertainment Tonight this morning."

 

"Well..."

 

She sighed. "I love you."

 

"Good."  He smiled and thought for a moment.  "Will you do something for me?"

 

"Anything."

 

"Sing to me.  Something I've never heard that will put me to sleep."  He smiled sheepishly.

 

She looked up at him before laying her head on his shoulder and taking a deep breath.  She started singing a song called “Never saw blue like that.”  It reminded her of her and Justin’s relationship and how much she’s changed because of him, for the good, in the past year.

 

Meredith finished and the only sounds she heard were the beeps of the machines hooked to Justin, the heavy breathing of Justin, and the heart beat of Justin.

 

A tear fell from her eye as she realized, she was home.

 

-----------------------

No matter how much it was given to her, she would never get use to the star treatment.  She sat there in probably one of the nicest limos you could get and still felt out of place.  She glanced outside and only saw other limos around the uptown of Los Angeles.  She heard two familiar voices in the limo besides her and smiled at their familiarity.  One was a deep rumble with a hint of ebonics.  The other was a voice some would say was nasally.  Or it tried too hard to sound thug-like.  Or it was like a whine.

 

To her it was perfect. 

 

The conversation that she was paying attention to, the voices not the words, ceased.  But never once did she take her eyes away from the view outside of the tinted windows.

 

A few seconds later the sound of fabric moving against leather was heard.  She didn't move, except to turn her lips into a smile when the side of a body was pressed against hers, an arm was placed around her shoulders, warm air was felt on her neck, and a low uninterested groan was heard from the seat across from her.

 

"Did I mention how completely gorgeous you look tonight?"  Justin spoke smoothly letting his lips tickle her ear.

 

"Several times."  She finally turned to look at him.  At first he just stared at her then slowly he began to smile.

 

"Well, I've never seen someone look as beautiful as you do a this very moment."  He smiled as her eyebrows arched highly and her smile shone through.

 

"OK, children we are almost there.  So don't get too...what do they call it?  Ravished...before you take the carpet."

 

"We wouldn't do that, now would we Lonnie?"  Justin smirked as he began to kiss Meredith's neck.

 

"Please just don't give me a hickey.  I'd hate to have to explain that out there."  She giggled.

 

"Don't worry, I've got a better place to kiss you anyway."  Justin wiggled his eyebrows before quickly swooping his head down and capturing her lips in a slow sweet kiss.

 

The limo came to a stop and Lonnie opened the door for them and stepped out.  The crowds and reporters outside, hushed in anticipation of who was it that was arriving. 

 

Justin squeezed her hand and kissed her temple. "I love you."  He said quickly before stepping out into the light and out of the car.

 

The crowds screamed and the reporters yelled his name.  He flashed them a quick smile before turning around and holding his hand out.

 

The crowds quieted again in anticipation.

 

A small, feminine hand with French-tipped nails was placed in his smooth yet masculine one.  A whitish-creamy sandal was placed on the red carpet and a long cream colored silk dress was shown.  The hand extended into a slender arm and then a perfectly rounded shoulder.  Another sandal was placed on the carpet and the rest of the body stood up out of the car.  She was well, beautiful.

 

Her hair was curly, as usual when she got dressed up.  But this time it was professionally done and half of it had been pulled up into a sloppy bun.  Her Donna Karen dress made her feel like a princess, or more like a goddess.  It was creamy-white silk that fit her well and bunched up at the neckline.

 

The crowds and reporters were quiet for a while and that made Meredith nervous.  Justin pulled on her hand that was intertwined with his and whispered in her ear.

 

"They are staring because they think you are an angel."  He pulled back and gave her a goofy face before looking her up and down.  "Well, what do you know?  You ARE an angel." 

 

She laughed and her perfect smile and genuine laughter made its way to the crowd, the reporters, the photographers, and the cameramen.

 

The crowd cheered and the reporters started calling his name again, along with hers.

 

The two walked to a platform where people were supposed to take pictures.  Justin had informed her just to stay with him and smile.  So she did just that.

 

After a few minutes, Lonnie ushered them down to the first set of reporters.

 

"Hey Mr. Timberlake, we will be ready to take a few questions in a moment."

 

"Cameron, you are older than me, so call me Justin.  And this is Meredith, Meredith this is Cameron Coles from Entertainment Tonight."  Justin said in his most flattering and charming voice.

 

"Nice to meet you."  Meredith shook the ladies hand.

 

"OK, Ready?" Cameron asked as Justin nodded.

 

"In 3..2... Hi I'm Cameron Coles with Entertainment Tonight.  Of course the biggest news in music right now is the Grammy's, which air tonight on ABC at 8.  And ladies I've got what you've been waiting for right here with me on the red carpet:  Justin Timberlake from *Nsync.  Hey Justin, thanks for stopping by."

 

"Oh my pleasure."

 

"First off, we all want to give you a huge welcome back to the spotlight.  All of us here at Entertainment Tonight are happy to see you doing well and looking great."

 

"Thank you Cameron.  I want to say thank you to all you out there that gave me support and love during my time in the hospital."  Justin smiled brightly.

 

"Where are the rest of the guys?"  Cameron asked moving the microphone between herself and him.

 

"We decided to go the independent route tonight and all go separately.  But down worry this doesn't mean we are splitting up or anything.  We just need room for us, our dates, and our bodyguards."  Justin smiled into the camera.

 

"Speaking of dates, who is this you got here?"

 

"As most of you know, this is my girl, Meredith." Justin smiled down at her, as she gave a shy smile and small wave to the camera.

 

"So Meredith is there anyone here that you want to see perform?"

 

"Actually I can't wait for Madonna to take the stage."  Meredith smiled.

 

"That makes two of us." Cameron laughed then turned back to Justin.  "So, Justin, what award are you guys hoping to win the most?"

 

"Well, I'm not going to say it's just an honor to be nominated.  I mean it is.  But to be honest we all REALLY want to win.  Everyone knows how we feel about this album.  It's our baby.  So probably album of the year would be the topper."  Justin grinned.

 

"I know you guys have to go on, but have a great evening and good luck." 

 

"Thank you Cameron."  Justin kissed her cheek and Meredith shook the ladies hand again as they were scurried off to other reporters.

 

----------------------------------

Meredith looked at Justin who was nervously fiddling with his hands.  She smiled and grabbed one hand.  "It's OK to be nervous."

 

"I really hope we get this."  He whispered.

 

"And the winner is.....*Nsync "No Strings Attached!"  The crowd cheered and the guys just looked at each other stunned for a moment.  Then Justin took the initiative and stood up.  He immediately looked at Meredith who had stood up with him and hugged her tightly.  His kissed her quickly before he let go to hug JC who was beside him.  The guys hugged each other and their dates and filed out of aisle towards the stage.

 

Meredith looked to her right and smiled at Whitney, who was 3 seats down from her.  She was really excited for JC.  They were now officially dating.  Meredith turned towards the left and right beside her was Dani.  She slapped hands with her, and then clasped her hand as they watched their men in their nice Armani suits walk to the podium.

 

"YEEHAWW!!"  JC yelled into the microphone, before stepping aside.  Meredith laughed and looked at Whitney who was turning red.

 

"Wow.  This is amazing!!  WE got a Grammy. YEAH!!"  Justin cheered into the microphone.  Then they all got serious.  Lance and Joey waved to the fans a few times as Chris spoke.

 

"First and foremost we have to thank God for blessing us with our talents."

 

"We also want to thank all our families and friends for sticking by us." JC said.

 

"A BIG thank you goes out to Jive, our label.  Johnny, Chicken, and everyone else at WEG.  Especially my angel." Justin smiled brightly and pointed to Meredith, as she covered her face with one hand in embarrassment.

 

"Our security.  You guys are awesome.  And you know we REALLY appreciate you guys."  Joey said.

 

"And finally our fans.  Yall are what makes us who we are.  Without you there is no Nsync. Thank you."  Lance smiled.

 

The guys each nodded and thank you'd and waved to the crowd one last time before being ushered off the stage.

 

About 10 or 15 minutes later the guys had returned for the rest of the show.  As Justin took his seat, Meredith leaned over and kissed his cheek.

 

"What's that for?"

 

"For giving me a shout out, for being you, and because I'm so proud and happy for you right now. Justin, you have a Grammy.  That's a BIG deal!" She beamed.  He kissed her hand and sighed.

 

"I know, angel.  I know."

 

-------------------

June 2003

 

The sun created an eerie glow in the luxurious bedroom of the expensive resort.  The French doors of the balcony were open and the sheer curtains blew in the early morning breeze from the ocean wind. Two deep brown eyes were finally opened to the world.  They blinked a few times to get focused and were met with intense navy eyes and a broad white smile.

 

"Good Morning."  A voice said dramatically.

 

"It is a good morning, in deed."  She responded in the same cheesy drama.

 

"Damn you're sexy."  He smiled taking his head off his hand that was propped up and leaning it on a soft down feather pillow looking at her body up and down, even though most was covered by a thin sheet.

 

"Well you aren't too bad yourself Timberfake."

 

"You know, TIMBERFAKE, I don't think you have the right to dish out that name, because now I can shoot it right back at ya."  He smirked licking his lips.

 

She bit hers in response and smiled devilishly.  "Let's call Joey.  I know we said these next weeks are just for us but, it would be funny."

 

"WHERE'S THE PHONE!?"  Justin asked excited, reaching over to the nightstand.  He dialed a few numbers and handed her the phone.

 

"Hello?"  A very tired groggy voice asked.

 

"Ohh Josephine?!"  Meredith sang.

 

"Whos-wait...Meredith!?!" 

 

"In the flesh baby...in more ways than one."  Meredith winked at Justin who just giggled.

 

"WELL?"  Joey exclaimed.

 

"Well what?"  Meredith mocked being clueless as she turned on her side, not facing Justin.

 

"Well how was it?  It's been 4 days since your wedding.  I want to know how big of a show my man Curly put on for ya!"  He beamed.

 

Justin wrapped his arms around her from behind and she sighed contently when she felt his body press up against hers.  "Let's just say it sure was a show and a big one at that."  Justin began to kiss her neck and she slightly groaned.

 

"Oh my gosh!!  You two are getting it on while you talk to me??  Now THAT'S just kinky!!"  Joey practically screamed.

 

Meredith giggled and said a quick goodbye to him before handing the phone to Justin.

 

"Hey Joe." He pulled away and rested on his back, staring at the ceiling.

 

"So...was it worth waiting what...4 years?  Right?"

 

"Oh gosh was it worth it.  She was... is amazing."  Justin sighed as Meredith snuggled up to his chest.

 

"Well, I appreciate you guys thinking of me and calling and telling me this.  This has been the highlight of week.  Hearing how you guys' sex life is."  Justin laughed in shock as Joey said this.

 

"But if you didn't know it IS 3 in the morning here, so goodnight, sleep tight, and by GOD let the Meredith bug bite!!"  Joey hung up the phone quickly leaving Justin in giggles.  He put the phone back on its cradle and turned to his love.

 

"So...What do you want to do now, since we are awake and everything?" Meredith smiled evilly, wiggling her eyebrows.

 

"I can think of something's." He took two fingers and began slowly walking them across the creamy white silk sheets, towards her.  "I mean you are Meredith, I'm Justin.  We are married.  We are in a bed. What else?  Oh yes, we are both naked."  Justin whispered that last part like it was TOP SECRET and rested his 'walking' fingers on her smooth shoulder.  "Yeah I can think of SEVERAL things."

 

"Oh no...." Meredith groaned and it turned into laughter as Justin tackled her and pulled the covers over both of their heads.  He leaned down and kissed her passionately before pulling back.

 

They stared into each other's eyes for a few moments before she spoke.  "I love you Justin Timberlake."

 

He sighed and smiled sweetly. "And I love you Meredith...."  He paused and his sweet smiled turned evil. "...TimberFAKE!" 

 

"Oh that's it!  You are gonna pay!"  She yelled tickling him.  Now SHE had tackled him.

 

He giggled and exclaimed.  "PLEASE!!" 

 

"YOU ANNOY ME!"  They both laughed and before they new it he was kissing her passionately once again.

 

Kissing her....

 

...His angel.

 

This story archived at http://nsync-fiction.com/archive/viewstory.php?sid=770