Brothers by Christine
Summary: Eight years goes by so quickly. What happens when the eldest thinks it's time to get back together. Wives. Sons. Daughters. Family ties. Businesses. Hobbies. Loneliness. How will the 'hunt' of one former PR director turn out in the end? Who will be receptive? Who will try to fight it? In the end will they come together as the brothers they once were for the concert of a lifetime?
Categories: Completed Het Stories Characters: Group
Awards: None
Genres: General
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 8 Completed: Yes Word count: 26147 Read: 15058 Published: Mar 26, 2008 Updated: Mar 26, 2008

1. Interview by Christine

2. Pennsylvania by Christine

3. Tennessee by Christine

4. Mississippi by Christine

5. Florida by Christine

6. California by Christine

7. Reunion by Christine

8. Concert by Christine

Interview by Christine

August 2004

“These guys are great. No matter how huge their careers have gotten, they haven’t changed. Our guest for today, here for a full hour, is ‘N Sync.” The hostess introduced as the screams in the audience got louder. The guys in the music group stood; ready to perform under the dimmed lights.  

“Here they are performing their new single, Halfway Somewhere.” She continued.  

The music cued and they performed the same routine as always. While the audience cheered them on as always. At the end of the opening performance the show cut away to a commercial. Three minutes later it returned, with the five guys seated like normal around the interviewer’s desk. 

“Welcome you guys. It’s been awhile since you’ve been on this show. How is everyone doing?” The hostess asked. A chorus of ‘greats’ and ‘we’re doing fine’ resounded. A few screams of undying devotion echoed back from the audience. 

 “So I have to ask, because it’s a must know, who has a girlfriend?” She asked. Three of them raised their hands and the hostess nodded for them to continue.  

 “Britney,” Justin answered with a grin, “and that’s not going to change.” He stated listening to a few of the reactions in the audience. 

 “I’m working on it.” Chris answered looking off to the side and winked at whomever he was talking about. 

 “He’s trying to hook up with our new PR.” JC explained, “She refuses though.” This elicited a few snickers from the others. 

 “How is your daughter doing Joey?” The hostess asked looking over at him, where he sat at the end. 

 “She is doing great.” He smiled.  

 “That’s great,” She smiled. “Well today’s show is going to run a little differently. We asked two of your mother’s to come in and go out into the audience to get questions. We will get start right after this next break.” 

 The camera cut off. When they returned from the break the camera was panned on Lynn Harless and a girl around fifteen. 

 “Go ahead sweetie.” Mrs. Harless said into the microphone and then held it in front of the young teenager. 

 “What’s life like on the road?” She asked. 

 Chris was the first to speak up, “Tiring! We've been on the road pretty much all month, and we'll be on the road all next month and the month after that! You kinda get used to living out of a suitcase.” 

 “Thanks.” The girl smiled. The camera’s switched from the one on Mrs. Harless to Lance’s mom. 

 “This is Nicole.” Mrs. Bass said, “You ready?” The younger girl nodded. 

 “What is it like to get up on stage and sing to hundreds of screaming girls who supposedly love you?” Nicole asked smiling wildly. 

 “It's very flattering! It’s a good feeling--to know people appreciate your music and they're singing your songs. It's a great feeling when you know a lot of people are listening to your album.” Joey answered.  

 “How long have you guys been singing?” This was the next question. 

 “We've been singing different amounts of time. Justin started at age zero. He did the Mickey Mouse Club with JC, who started singing in ninth grade. I started like in junior high. Chris started when he was a baby and he worked at Universal Studio with Joey.” Lance answered. 

 Joey added, “I tried singing as a baby but it didn't work!” The crowd laughed. 

 “Has there ever been a time when you accidentally sang the wrong words during a song or you did the wrong dance move on stage?”

”Dancing sometimes turns into a nightmare! You go blank. We miss steps quite a bit, and sometimes you mess up some words and you'll trip over your own mouth! You start to say one thing and your mind gets ahead of you because you've sung the song so many times and you kind of get past it in your mind, and you're not supposed to be there yet!” JC answered this one. 

 “Does anyone else ever do that?” The hostess asked. 

 “Oh, everyone does it! Like we'll all be dancing, and you're the only one doing the wrong dance step and you're like, ‘Whoops! What happened over there? I did something wrong!’" Joey answered laughingly. 

 “Have you guys ever started laughing at one another?” She added. 

 “Well, yeah, or sometimes we'll just give each other that look like, ‘You're an idiot!’” Lance said. 

 “We’ll be right back with more questions by you and answered by ‘N Sync.” The hostess stated looking into the camera. Two minutes later they returned, “All right we are back. With us today is ‘N Sync and they are answering your questions.” 

The camera panned into the audience once again.  

“What are some of your embarrassing moments?” 

“Sometimes we do quick changes, and one time I went on stage with my zipper down!” Joey answered. 

“How did you figure that out?” The hostess asked. 

“I was just dancin' and... I don't know. I just felt a breeze, I guess. I thought I just had to fix my belt, and I was like, ‘Whoa!’" Joey laughed.

Chris added, ”We were doing a show one time, and there were a bunch of different acts. At the end, each group was supposed to come out real quick and then take these positions on stage. Well, we were the next behind this group and her dancers, and Lance didn't realize we were going out one group at a time.”

”We were going out for a finale, and I thought it was time for all the groups to go out at the same time, but there was still one group left to sing.” Lance said.

”Lance thought it was the finale so they went out, and Lance went out with them. When he realized they were all doin' their thing and none of us were out there with them, he was like, ‘I'm goin' back!’” 

 “I kinda stood out because I had black-and-white leather on, and they had on neon orange!” 

 The next question was, “Has there ever been a time you just wanted to pack up you stuff and leave?” 

 “No way!” Chris nearly shouted. 

 “That goes for all of us.” Justin added.

”Maybe wanted to sleep for a day. But never leave!” Lance said.

”I think there have been some times where we wanted to slow down for a second.” Justin stated.

”There've been times when we wanted to kick Lance out.” Chris joked.

“Probably several times.” Lance added with a laugh.

”No, please, we're just kidding.” Chris shook his head. 

 “When we come back ‘N Sync is going to perform for us one more time. And we'll have time for one last question.” The hostess spoke up amidst the ruckus the boys were creating. 

 When the show came back the guys were sitting on stools ready to sing a ballad. The opening notes to This I Promise You started up and Justin sang the first note. After the song was over the hostess walked over to where the group was sitting. 

 “I get to ask the last question before we sign off for the day.” She asked, “How would you describe each other?” 

 “Joey is the charismatic, flirty one! He likes to talk to girls a lot! His best quality is that he knows how to turn the other cheek in a bad situation. He's like the worst comedian I've ever met! He is the worst joke teller.” JC stated.

”He does cheesy '80s comedy.” Justin added.

”JC is the very serious one, and he likes to sleep a lot. He got a new keyboard, and he plays it 24 hours!” Lance spoke.

”That doesn't have anything to do with my personality.” JC laughed.

”It is your personality now! Your keyboard has taken over! It is you!” Lance responded.

”Lance is all about business. He comes in with a cell phone wrapped around his hand. He's actually managing a country singer right now. If he wasn't singing, he'd be managing a group.” Chris said.

Justin spoke up, “Chris is crazy, man! He's very high energy. Sometimes, we have to tell him to tone it down. He's always up into the crowd. It's great to have someone with that energy because when we get tired and we feel like we can't go anymore, Chris is like, you know. . .”

“Chris is our Jolt cola!” Joey laughed.

”Chris is our caffeine! He's got a good sense of music, also. He sings the high stuff, so he's got a cool voice!” Justin stated.

”Thanks dude!” Chris said playfully reaching over and giving him a hug.

”No problem!” Justin smiled.

”Justin is like our athletic dude! He always loves playing basketball! Whenever he has the time, he does a lot of working out! He does the working out for most of us.” Joey started talking about Justin.

”He works out for all of us!” JC added.

”Yeah, that's what I meant to say!” Joey said loudly.

”Little tied-tongued?” Justin joked.

 “Tongue-tied.” Joey corrected and laughed.

”That was a joke!” Justin spoke up.

”I got it! That's why I laughed!” Joey laughed.

”He didn't laugh!” Justin pouted.

”I did laugh! Anyways, he's a sporty guy, and he's very mature for his age, even though he's only 23*. He's always thinking ahead and trying to be successful.” Joey stuck up for himself.  

 “I’ll stop this before it gets out of hand,” The hostess spoke up over Joey, “Thanks for being with us today guys. Join us tomorrow when we have Josh Hartnett.”

(Interview questions and answers from Girls' Life: Readers Take Over Issue 1999. *in original context 17.)

Pennsylvania by Christine

April 2014

Chris pulled into the driveway and pressed the button to open the garage door. Once it was all the way up, he slowly pulled into the garage next to Janie's mini-van. He turned the SUV off and opened the door being careful not to hit the van.

He walked into his new home, listening for anything that sounded like Janie or one of the boys. Hearing water running in the kitchen, Chris headed in that direction. He sat his laptop on the kitchen table and then walked up behind Janie.

"How was your day?" Janie asked him when he wrapped his arms around her.

"Super busy. I just want to sit down and put my feet up." Chris kissed her temple.

"After you take the trash and we eat dinner." She grinned and turned around in his arms. Chris groaned putting his hands on her growing stomach.

"How are you feeling?" He asked curiously.

"Just fine." Janie smiled.

"And the boys?"

"I guess they are fine. But you would have to ask them." Janie pulled away from his grasp. She walked over to the stove to check on the beef that was frying. "I had to pick James up early again for fighting. Mr. Patterson said next time he'll be suspended."

"He's gonna give me gray hair." Chris sighed.

"News flash, you already do," Janie looked at him with a smirk. "Now if you don't mind." She waved towards the trashcan. Chris reluctantly pulled the plastic bag out of the container and tied it. He walked back out to the garage and opened the door to put the bag in the trashcan outside. Walking back into the house, Chris heard Janie in the living room scolding Andrew about something.

"What's going on in here?" Chris asked coming into the living room. Janie handed Randall over to him when the little boy reached for him.

"Daddy." The little boy grinned wrapping his arms around Chris' neck.

"Andrew had Randall in a headlock." Janie sighed and rested her hand on her stomach.

"Andrew you have to be careful." Chris said looking down at the six-year old.

"Sorry." He shrugged.

"That's all right." Chris smiled, "Where's James?"

"He is in his room. I told him no video games for a week, and he put up a fuss," Janie stated. "I don't know what's going on with him lately Chris. You really should talk to him." She walked back into the kitchen mumbling to herself to finish getting dinner ready.

Chris sighed and sat down on the couch with Randall on his lap. "So what are we watching?" He asked Andrew.

"Bear In the Big Blue House."  The little boy answered picking up one of the action figures and playing with it.

"Cool." Chris nodded. "Did you guys have a good day?"

"Yeah, got new shoes." Andrew answered and lifted up his foot to show Chris.

"How cool are they?" Chris asked examining the black and gold shoes with the Pittsburgh Steelers logo on them.

"Very." Andrew nodded and looked back down at his action figure.  

=====

"It's been eight years to the day." Chris said. He sat down next to Janie on the couch. It was late in the evening and the boys had been finally put down for the night. Which left them time to themselves.

"It has been." Janie nodded and kept her attention on the television program she was watching.

"I haven't seen any of them since." He said. Chris found the remote for the television and turned the TV off. He wanted her full attention.

"And?" Janie asked annoyance clearly on her face.

"Janie ..." He whined, "Listen to me please."

"Chris ..." She mocked his tone, "Do you even remember that day?"

"Of course I do. JC was the only one who was being an ass." He mumbled. "I'm not getting any younger, neither are they, and I would like to see them. I miss seeing them on a daily basis."

"And what do you suggest happen? And whatever it may be would the guys be up for it?" Janie asked him curiously. She turned her attention to him and not on the black screen in front of her.

"A reunion ... and I think with the right persuasion they would go for it." He looked up at her longingly.

"Chris I don't know." She paused and looked at his face, "No Chris."

"Please." He begged, "They all thought the best of you. You were our best PR director. They'll listen to you. Please." Chris pouted. Janie giggled.

"You must be the oldest two-year old." She sighed and rolled her eyes. "When do you want them here? I'll start searching for numbers tomorrow."

"How about June? I'll get off." He said, "Thank you Janie." He leaned over and kissed her cheek.

"You can thank me if they come." She raised her eyebrows and smiled at the grin that was across his face.

"They will. I promise you." Chris said. He turned the TV on. The two of them watched the program in silence before heading off to bed.

=====

"Hello?" Chris asked his voice echoing through the empty house.

"I'm in the office!" Janie yelled. Chris headed in that direction. He smiled seeing her sitting at the desk with several sheets of paper sitting before her. "What are you doing home?"

"Here for lunch." He answered and leaned over her. Janie looked up at Chris and let him kiss her. "So how is it going?"

"It's going good. You will never guess who I just got off the phone with." She grinned.

"Who's that?" He asked and couldn't resist giving her another kiss.

"You give up already?" Janie asked playfully and waited for the pout to come across his face. "Mr. Timberlake himself. He said he would make sure his schedule is clear the last week of June. So you better too. We talked for awhile, but he had to get off because he had to feed his daughter."

"So the kid has a kid?" Chris asked and sat down on the edge of the desk so that he was in front of her.

Janie nodded, "Yes she is three her name is Natalie Jean. Apparently Britney is pregnant with a boy." She rambled. Janie looked at the clock and stood up, "So do you want to grab something to eat. I have to pick up Randall from the preschool and I was planning on stopping at McDonald's for lunch."

"That sounds good." He said, "I get to drive though."

"Well that means you are paying." Janie grinned and picked up her purse.

"Don't I always?" Chris asked and followed her out the door.

=====

"Chris, Braden Jefferys and Scott Rasmussen are here for your meeting." Stacie, his receptionist said over the speakerphone.

"Thanks go ahead and send them in." Chris said and sat down at the conference table. His business partners sat on either side of him. Chris smiled at the men who walked into the room. He stood up and shook their hands. "Nice to meet you Braden. Scott."

"Nice to meet you too Mr. Kirkpatrick." Braden said shyly.

"Chris please." Chris said. He introduced the other three persons in the room before sitting back down. "So you have come to discuss your contract with the company and what is to happen in the near future."

"Yes sir." Mr. Rasmussen, Braden's manager, said.

"Was there anything in the contract that you want us to change? We will work with you in getting you the best there can be." Chris started.

"We had our lawyers look at it and it all looked fine." Mr. Rasmussen said.

"Great."

"I have a question about the albums," Braden started, "You didn't have a certain length of time in which the first one has to be done. Why is that?"

"We want it to be your best work. You can take however long you need to get it out. I won't press the creative process." Chris smiled.

"Ok."

"We are going to set you up with the best PR in the business, Janie." Chris said, "She isn't here though because I am making her take time off. However, I can have her come in and meet with you as soon as possible." He flipped through a few of the papers in front of him.

=====

"Go home Stacie." Chris said walking out of his office. The receptionist jumped. "Sorry." He smiled.

"I though you had already gone home." She said not looking up at him.

"Got caught up in what I was doing." Chris explained, "What are you still doing here?"

"Paperwork." Stacie stated waving her hands over her desk.

"Well clean it up. I'm going to walk you to your car since it is so late." Chris said.

"I'll be fine." She sighed.

"And I insist. Janie would kill me and I am sure your husband would appreciate it." Chris said. He took the liberty and leaned over to save her work on the computer and shut it down. "Get your stuff together."

"Okay." Stacie sighed and gave in. She started putting her things together. "How is Janie? I haven't seen her around in awhile."

"She's doing good. Since I'm making her stay home." Chris smiled. "And it drives her nuts since she isn't far enough into the pregnancy that she absolutely has to stay home." Stacie laughed and stood up with her bag. "You ready?"

"Yeah." Stacie nodded. They walked out of the office and Chris walked with her out to her car. "Thanks." She said as she unlocked the door and then opened the back door to put her stuff down.

"You drive safely and no more late nights at work. That's for me." He said as she climbed into the car. "See you tomorrow morning."

"No you won't Janie has a doctor's appointment at 10:00 which you are supposed to be at." Stacie reminded him.

"Well then I will see you after that." Chris laughed. "Thanks for reminding me. What would I do without you?" She shook her head and sighed. He waved as she closed the door and then walked out to where he had parked.

=====

"I am sorry I'm home so late." Chris said as he walked into the master bedroom. Janie was already sitting up in bed reading for the night. He walked over to her side of the bed and kissed her forehead. "You know how it gets when we start signing new artists."

"I know." Janie smiled as he sat down on the end of the bed and pulled his shoes off. "There is a plate of dinner for you in the fridge. Do you want me to heat it up for you?" She started to lift the sheet off of her body.

"Don't worry about it. I'm not all that hungry." He unbuttoned the dress shirt that he was wearing and tossed it on top of his dresser. "I have a new artist that I want you to do PR for. I told him I would have you come in soon for a meeting."

"That's great. It'll get me a chance to go back to work." She said, "You know I hate it when you make me stay home like this."

"I don't make you. You know you enjoy it." Chris smiled and walked into the bathroom to brush his teeth. "I am planning on going to the doctor's appointment with you tomorrow. I didn't forget."

"Yeah you did." Janie grinned, "I know Stacie had to remind you. She always does." Chris laughed. "We'll be able to find out the sex of the baby tomorrow. Do you want to do that or actually be surprised this time around?"

"I don't have to be surprised; I already know it's a boy." Chris said and stuck the toothbrush in his mouth. Janie smiled and shook her head. She looked back down at the book that was lying open in her lap.

"Why do you always do this to me Chris? I am so outnumbered here." She whined playfully.

Chris took the toothbrush out of his mouth, "Next time baby I promise."

"What makes you think there is going to be a next time?" Janie asked and watched him as he leaned over and spit. Chris rinsed his mouth out with water. After wiping his mouth he came back into the bedroom and unbuckled his belt.

"Because I know how you are." He smirked and placed one knee on the bed so that he could lean over and kiss her. "As soon as someone around you is pregnant, it's ‘Chris ... I want to-‘" Janie cut him off.

"Shut up." She laughed and pushed his face away from hers. "You just can't keep your pants on."

"Well ... that isn't entirely my fault." He got off the bed and stood up so that he could take his pants off.

"See there you go." She smiled and set her book down. Janie scooted down, farther under the covers.

"I love you, Janie." Chris said as he got into bed.

"Are you sure you aren't hungry?" She asked him.

"Good night, Janie." He said and reached over her to turn the lamp off. Chris kissed her cheek before settling down under the covers.

"Hey Chris?" Janie asked and rolled over so that she was facing him.

"Yeah?" He asked.

"Thanks."

"For what?" He asked and moved closer to her.

"For my boys." Janie said. Chris put his hand on her cheek and moved in to kiss her lips. "They are worth it." She smiled against his lips and kissed him again.

=====

"Chris, Janie's on the line for you." Stacie's voice rang over the speaker. Chris reached over and picked up the phone, hitting the ‘line one' button.

"What's up?" He asked leaning back into his desk chair. Chris tapped a pen on the arm of the chair.

"James." Janie sighed, "Mr. Patterson would like to have a nice little chat with us."

"All right." Chris rubbed his forehead, "I will meet you there." He hung up the phone and stood up. He turned his computer off and grabbed his wallet and keys from the top desk drawer. Chris walked out of his office, "I have to take the rest of the day off. James is in some trouble, so I have to meet Janie at the school. Go ahead and reschedule my appointments. And I will see you tomorrow."

"Okay. Have a good evening then." Stacie said. Chris walked out of the office and out to his car.  

=====

"Mr. and Mrs. Kirkpatrick, thanks for coming in on such short notice." Mr. Patterson said. He shook Chris' hand and showed him and Janie into the office. James was sitting in one of the chairs in front of the desk.

"Go ahead and have a seat." Mr. Patterson said, "I can get another chair."

"I'll stand. Janie you go ahead and sit down." Chris offered her the chair. Janie sat down next to James. Chris gripped the back of James' chair.

"As you know, this school prides itself on excelling in academics and creating a safe environment for our students to learn in. When one of our students breaks those rules we have to punish accordingly," Mr. Patterson looked directly at James and then up at Chris. "I realize that you pay a hefty tuition for James to attend Montgomery and that you also put in a lot of money towards the music program here. But if he's going to continue to break the rules and deprive other students of the education that they deserve, I cannot allow him to stay.

"He'll be suspended for three days and allowed to return on Monday. If this happens again he will be expelled."

"All right." Chris sighed. "We will definitely be discussing this tonight." His eyes met James' when the boy looked up at him. "I am sorry for any inconveniences this may have caused."

"It's not a problem. I am sorry too," Mr. Patterson smiled and stood up. "Call if there is anything else you need to discuss, please let me know."

"We will." Janie nodded, "I suspect that he will not be allowed to make up his work."

"No mam he won't." The principal shook his head, "Do you have your stuff James?" James nodded and stood up as well. He picked up his backpack.

"All right then." Janie sighed, "Have a good evening." Chris shook the man's hand for a second time and led James' out of the room. Janie followed behind the two. They walked out of the house.

"James you're riding home with me." Chris said as they stepped outside into the sun. "I'll see you at home Janie."

"Drive carefully." She said and gave him a kiss. Janie headed in the direction of the van. Chris unlocked the doors to his SUV and got in. James got in the passenger side and set his backpack down on his feet. He slammed the door and didn't even glance at Chris.

"James what is going on with you?" Chris asked. He spoke again before James even had a chance to answer. "This behavior is not acceptable." The boy shrugged. Chris peeled out of the parking lot. Janie gave him a dirty look in her rearview mirror when he stopped just short of her bumper at the light.

"I'm sorry." James mumbled.

"You said that the last two times." Chris said and looked over at him and then stepped on the gas when Janie started to go. "If you were really sorry your mother and I would not have had to come in and pick you up again."

"Janie does, you never come." James said. He rested his chin in his hand and stared out the window.

"She's your mother. You know how busy I am," Chris sighed. "You're grounded for a week. If you get into any more trouble at school the punishment will be a lot worse."

"Whatever." James muttered. Chris groaned at his attitude. The rest of the ride home was done is absolute silence, except for the radio in the background.

=====

"So you have talked to everyone?" Chris asked a few evenings later. He looked over at Randall who was having trouble eating his chicken. "Let me cut it for you." Chris moved his plate out of the way and then scooted Randall's in front of him.

"Everyone but JC." Janie answered. She reached over and put her hand on Andrew's knee to stop him from bouncing it up and down. "I have some leads going, but I don't know for sure yet."

Chris nodded. He set Randall's plate back down in front of him and then started to eat his dinner.

"I was thinking about going out to LA next week. I just think it would work out better." Janie said.

"Do you really have to? I don't want you traveling by yourself. Especially now." He stated and motioned towards her, fork in hand.

"I'd be fine. And it'd only be for a week, two weeks at the most." Janie looked down at her plate, "Just think about it Chris."

=====

"Are you sure you guys will be fine?" Janie asked and pushed her bag up higher on her shoulder.

"We will. Besides this was your idea in the first place." Chris said holding onto Randall's hand. "Now give me a hug and kiss." Janie stepped closer to him and wrapped her arms around him.

"I love you." She leaned down and kissed the top of Randall's head. "And I love you too."

"Love too Mom." Randall smiled up at his Mom as she stood back up.

"Chris," She started. He raised an eyebrow in question. "I was wondering ... What do you think about Josh being the baby's Godfather?"

"You haven't even found him yet."

"I will. So what do you think?" Janie asked him.

"Anything that you want sweetheart." He kissed her lips. "Have a safe flight."

"I will." Janie smiled.

"And call as soon as you land." He said. Janie nodded and turned to walk. She turned and waved to them before she headed down the skywalk. Chris looked down at Randall, "So should we go get something to eat?" He asked picking up the little boy.

"Yes." Randall nodded.

=====

Chris grabbed Andrew's hand before it landed on James' arm. "Don't you do it." Chris said loudly. Andrew dropped his arm down to his side. "Come on you guys. Mom's been gone for four days let's not start now.

"What do you want to do tonight?" He continued. Just then the phone rang. Chris got up and answered, "Hello."

"Chris," He heard Janie's voice over the phone.

"Hey sweetie. How is everything going in California?" Chris asked a smiled crossing over his face.

"So far so good, I am going to the bar where he is supposed to have a gig tonight. So hopefully I can talk to him there." She said. "How are the boys? I just wanted to check in before I go and grab something to eat."

"We are all doing fine." He answered and looked at the three boys. All of whom were now engrossed on the television program. "I think we might go see a movie or something. Anyway I will let you go. Please be safe when you go out there tonight. And call me as soon as you get back to your room. Okay?"

"Got it." Janie smiled at his concern. "I will talk to you later tonight then."

"I love you."

"I love you too." Janie said and then hung up. Chris set the phone back down and then looked at the kids.

"All right. Get your shoes on; we're going to the movies." He stood up and grabbed his own shoes from the foyer. Chris helped Randall get his shoes tied and then put his own on. The four of them left fifteen minutes later.

=====

"Chris what kind of food do you want for Saturday?" Janie asked standing in the doorway of the family room. Chris was seated on the couch watching a baseball game with the boys.

"Come here." He said looking over at her. Chris patted the seat next to him.

"Why?" She asked and then walked over to him slowly.

"Just because." Chris said as she sat down next to him. He wrapped his arm around her shoulder and then put his other hand on her stomach.

"What do you want for food?" She asked him again and rested her hand on top of his. Janie laid her head on his shoulder.

"Hamburger's are fine." He answered. "Just get chips and make a salad or something."

"Okay." She sighed and closed her eyes. "I am so tired." Janie yawned.

"Go to bed sweetie." He ran his fingers through her hair.

"I'm fine." Janie yawned again. Chris grinned.

"Go." He nudged her. "I'll make sure the boys get to bed." Chris smiled when she stood up and leaned over to give him a kiss. "Good night."

"Night." She smiled and pulled away. "You guys listen to your Dad when he tells you to go to bed." Chris watched her as she walked out of the room. He turned his eyes back to the TV.

=====

"Janie!" Chris yelled from the master bedroom. He held up two different shirts as he walked into the hall. She came around the corner as fast as her body would allow.

"What?" Janie asked.

"Which shirt?" He asked holding up both of them.

"What are you two? Sweetie, it doesn't matter." She sighed, "You know they don't care what shirt you wear."

"I know. I'm just nervous." Chris groaned and stepped into their room. Janie followed behind him.

"Relax okay." She walked up and rested her hands on his bare shoulders and rubbed them. "But if it makes you feel better, wear the green one." Janie kissed his shoulder.

"K." He nodded and put the shirt on. "Are the boys ready?"

"They are watching TV, as usual." Janie smiled. She watched as Chris buttoned the shirt up.

"Somebody's here!" They heard Andrew yell from the front room.

"I'll go see who it is." Janie smiled and patted Chris' forearm. She walked out of the room and to the front door.

Tennessee by Christine

April 2014

"Natalie." Justin smiled as he walked off the stage. The little girl grinned up at him as he bent over and picked her up. Justin kissed her cheek. "Thanks for watching her Brenna."

"Your welcome." Brenna, the "tour" babysitter, said. She followed behind Justin as he walked towards his dressing room. "Will you be fine for the night?"

"Sure will. We'll see you tomorrow morning at nine." Justin said. He set Natalie down on the couch in the room. Brenna walked out of the room. "Did you enjoy the show Natty?"

"Yes. Good job." Natalie grinned. "I liked it." She yawned and then lay down on the couch her head lying on her pillow.

"I am going to take a shower okay. So you need to stay in here." He grabbed her stuffed dog and set it down next to her. Natalie took the beat up stuffed toy and wrapped it in her arms.

"Okay Daddy." She said.

"We'll go to the hotel right after I am done." Justin said. He leaned over and kissed her forehead. "Get some sleep." Natalie nodded and closed her eyes. Justin walked over to his bag and grabbed a pair of clean clothes from them before going into the bathroom.

=====

"How are you doing Britney?" Justin asked sitting down on the bed in the hotel room. He had just finished putting Natalie down for the night.

"I'm doing fine. I can't wait till you guys get home on Saturday." She smiled through the phone. "How is Natalie doing?"

"She is doing fine. She watched the show tonight and then fell asleep in the dressing room while I was taking a shower. I know that she is ready to come home too." Justin said and pulled his shoes off. "How was your doctor's appointment today? The baby is fine?"

"It went well. And yes he is." She answered her hand traveling to her stomach. "The doctor said that everything is going well. He just wants me to take it slow for the next month."

"That's great. I am so glad I get to be home for that." He pulled his shirt up over his head. Justin looked at the clock. "Well I just wanted to call you and see how everything is going. I'll let you go now."

"Okay." Britney said, "Have a good night. And give Natalie a kiss for me."

"I will. I love you."

"Love you too." Justin said and then hung up. He pulled back the covers on the bed and then climbed in.

=====

"Natalie! Don't pick up that phone." Justin said as he stood up from the floor in the playroom. She was already at the table and had reached to pick it up. The receiver was by her ear before he even had a chance to grab it.

"Hewo." She answered innocently.

"Nat, I told you not to answer the phone." He said and took the phone from her. She stomped off back to the puzzle pouting. "Timberlake's." He answered. Justin heard someone clear their throat before speaking.

"Justin, this is Janie Bradley." She paused and laughed, "Well it's actually Kirkpatrick now ... but anyway that is beside the point."

"What?" He sounded confused, "When did you and Chris hook up?" Justin walked back over to the puzzle he and Natalie were working on. He sat down across from her.

"We got married seven years ago. So shortly after you guys ... you know. Anyway ..." Janie paused, "Chris wants to have a little get together with everyone at the end of June. So I get the joy and pleasure of hunting the other four of you down."

"A reunion?" He asked picking up a piece of the puzzle and putting it in the right spot. Justin sat back and watched Natalie turn a certain piece several directions before realizing it wouldn't go there.

"Yes." Janie nodded even though he couldn't see her. "Chris misses you guys and would like to see you all again."

"Sounds like fun." He smiled at the look on Natalie's face.

"It would be the last weekend in June, since our kids will be out of school by then and I'm sure whoever else has kids they will be out by then too." Janie rambled.

"Yeah that is fine." Justin paused and reached for another piece of the puzzle and put it in its place. Natalie scowled up at him and Justin laughed. "I will make sure my schedule is clear and talk to Brit." He said.

"I'll let you guys know more details later as I get things in order. So before I forget could I get your mailing address?" She requested.

"Sure." He rattled off the address and then asked, "How many kids do you guys have?"

"Well I adopted James after we had been married for about a year. We have two boys Andrew who is six and Randall who is four." She answered, "Plus I am five months pregnant with another boy."

Justin laughed, "They've got you outnumbered." He fit another piece into the puzzle.

"As usual." She laughed too, "And you?"

"Natalie is three." Justin smiled when she looked up at him. "The light of my life and Britney is supposed to have a boy at the end of May."

"Daddy?" Natalie interrupted.

"Hold on a second, Janie." He said and put his hand over the mouthpiece. "What do you need?"

"Can I have a snack?" She asked.

"Yeah. Just give me a second." Justin said, "Hey I got to go. Do you think I could have your number?" He stood up and walked out of the room in search of pen and paper. Natalie followed.

"Ready?" Janie asked over the phone.

"One second." He found a piece of paper and pen sitting on the counter. Natalie climbed up onto a kitchen chair and sat down. "Ready." Janie told him their number. "I'll talk to you later then."

"All right. Have a good evening then." Janie said. "Bye." Justin hung up the phone and set it on the counter. He mentally reminded himself to put it back on the charger. "What should we have for a snack?"

"Crackers and juice!" Natalie answered.

"Justin!" Britney yelled from the bedroom.

"One second!" He said back and walked to the pantry. Justin pulled out a box of graham crackers from the shelf and apple juice from the fridge. He quickly poured some for himself and for Natalie and opened the box. Pulling out four crackers he set two on each of the napkins he had grabbed.

"I'll be right back." Justin said setting Natalie's crackers and juice in front of her. He walked out of the kitchen and towards his and Britney's bedroom. "What's up?" He asked.

"Who was on the phone?" She asked curiously. Britney looked up from the book that she was reading.

"Do you remember Janie, ‘N Sync's PR?" He asked leaning against the doorframe.

"Really?" Britney asked sounding shocked.

"Yeah. She and Chris are married." He stated and nonchalantly brought up the reunion that was to happen at the end of June. "Anyway Chris and she invited all of us to go to Pennsylvania the last weekend in June and I told her we would be there."

"Are you sure that you want to go?" She raised an eyebrow. Justin nodded. "Okay." Britney said and then looked back down at the book that she was reading.

"I'm missing my snack with Natalie. Would you like anything?" Justin asked.

"No thanks." Britney smiled. Justin stepped out of the doorway and walked back to the kitchen. He sat down at the table next to Natalie who was just finishing her first cracker.

=====

"Wait a second let's do that again." Justin said into the microphone. The music started and he began to sing. This time he was interrupted by another voice cutting him off.

"Justin, your phone is ringing." The producer held up a phone in the glass window. Justin sighed and took off the headphones. He set them on the music stand and then walked out of the small room.

"Yeah?" He asked sounding frustrated. Justin listened for a minute. "All right I'll be right there. Where's Natalie? ... Okay. Love you." He hung up and stuck the phone in his pocket. "I have to go. Britney is at the hospital."

"All right man. Good luck."

"Thanks." Justin smiled and walked out of the room. His keys were already in hand. Driving as quickly as he could he head over to the hospital. When he got to the hospital, Justin headed up the elevator to the maternity ward. He checked in at the nurse's station and was led to the room that Britney was in.

"Hey." He smiled walking into the room. Britney's Mom, Lynne, looked up from where she sat next to Britney.

"Hi J." Britney said. Justin walked over to her and leaned down and kissed her. "I'm glad you made it."

"Me too." Justin said. "How much longer?" He sat down next to her on the edge of the hospital bed and took her hand in his.

"The doctor said about forty-five minutes to an hour." Lynne answered for Britney. Justin nodded. Britney squeezed his hand when a contraction started. He put his other hand over hers as well and squeezed it in response.

"It's okay." He said reassuringly. "Natty's got to be excited." Justin continued to talk to Britney to keep her mind off of the contraction.

"I am going to get you some more ice chips." Lynne said and stood up. She left the two alone in the room. The doctor walked into the room a minute later.

"How's everything going in here?" He asked. "Glad you could join us Justin." He nodded towards the other person in the room.

"It's going good." Britney said quietly. Justin kept his eyes on her as the doctor checked her progress.

"All right the good news is you are fully dilated. So we will move you into delivery as soon as possible." He said and stood up.

"That's great." Justin smiled. Lynne came back into the room just as the doctor was saying this.

=====

"Knock knock." Justin said quietly tapping on the door to Britney's hospital room. He held Natalie's hand in his as he led her into the room.

"Mommy!" Natalie exclaimed and let go of his hand. She walked over to the bed quickly and climbed up.

"Hey Natty." Britney gave her a hug. Justin walked over to the bed and kissed her quickly.

"How are you feeling?" He asked.

"Sore." She answered. "Did you take her to see Caleb?"

"Not yet. We thought we'd stop by and see you first." Justin answered sitting down in one of the chairs. "Did you sleep okay?"

"What do you think? They interrupted me every five seconds." She asked. Natalie had leaned up against her and had her head resting on Britney's chest. Britney ran her fingers through the child's hair. "What did you two have for breakfast?"

"Me and Daddy made pancakes and had strawberries too." Natalie answered.

"That sounds so good." Britney smiled.

"Hello." They heard a knock outside of the room and then one of the nurses came into the room pushing Caleb in his crib. "How are you guys doing this morning?"

"Great." Justin answered. He stood up and walked over to the bed. Justin reached for Natalie.

"She can stay." Britney looked up at him.

"Are you sure?" He asked. She nodded. The nurse picked up baby Caleb and carefully handed him to Britney.

"If you need anything let me know." She said and quietly left the family to themselves.

"Natalie this is your baby brother, Caleb." Britney said. She pulled the blanket down from his mouth when he started to stir. His eyes opened and his mouth widened in a sleepy yawn.

Caleb looked up with wide eyes at his big sister. Natalie peered over the little body and wrinkled her nose. "He's ugly." Justin stifled a laugh and Britney looked up at him with wide eyes.

"Natalie." Justin said trying to keep a straight face, "You looked just like him when you were born."

"I did not." She crossed her arms defiantly over her chest and looked up at him with a pout. Justin reached over and picked her up. Natalie wrapped her arms around his neck and legs around his waist. She rested her head on his shoulder.

"Don't be such a sourpuss." He laughed and kissed her forehead. Caleb started to whimper in Britney's arms and eventually started to cry loudly.

=====

"Let me get him." Justin sighed. He climbed out of the bed, the cold air hitting his legs, before Britney had a chance to get up. Caleb's cries echoed over the baby monitor next to the bed.

"Okay." She mumbled, "Bottles. Fridge." She fell back asleep.

"I know." He said to himself and walked out of the room. Justin walked down the hallway towards the living room. He turned a lamp on in the living room before heading to the kids rooms on the other side of the house. Caleb's room was at the end of the hallway. He flipped on the little lamp in the corner and than walked over to the crib where he picked up Caleb.

"You are a noisy boy." He sighed and held him close. "What seems to be the problem?" Justin turned around and saw Natalie standing in the doorway; her stuffed dog was in her hands. Her right hand covered her right ear and she had some tears traveling down her cheeks.

"Can't he be quiet?" She whined with a pout.

"Go back to bed Natty." He said softly. Justin walked out of the room. The little girl followed behind him as he walked to the kitchen.

"No sleep."

Justin sighed, "Go get in bed with Mommy. I'll be in, in a few minutes." He stated and watched the little girl go down the hall to his and Britney's bedroom. Justin walked into the kitchen and opened the fridge to get a bottle. "Oh I know. I know."

He put the bottle in the microwave and waited while it heated up. After he walked into the living room and sat down on the couch to feed the little boy. "Are you going to drive me insane?" He laughed and looked down at the baby.

Fifteen minutes later Justin had put Caleb back down in his crib. He walked back to his room not even bothering to turn out the light in the living room. Justin smiled seeing Natalie curled up next to Britney on the bed. He climbed into bed next to the two.

"She really hates this." Britney whispered quietly.

"I know." Justin nodded in response. He fell asleep soon after.

=====

The road seemed to stretch out for miles in front of them. Justin's grip on the steering wheel tightened as Caleb's cries enhanced. He glanced over at Britney who was leaning over the front seat to see what was wrong with Caleb.

Britney huffed and then sat back down in her seat, "Pull over as soon as you see the next rest stop." She sighed putting her seat belt back on.

"We're making good-" He started with a smile and knowing that it would tick her off. Justin tried to cut through the tension.

"Justin ..." She warned.

"I'll stop. Geez." Justin rolled his eyes. He looked back at Natalie who was sound asleep in her car seat. "How can she sleep through that?" Justin laughed and turned the stereo on hoping that it would calm Caleb down.

Fifteen minutes down the road Justin exited at a rest area. He pulled into a parking space and shut the car off. Britney got out of the SUV and opened the back door to get Caleb out. Justin got out as well and stretched. He watched her pick up Caleb and sit back down in the front seat.

Natalie started to stir in her seat and Justin smiled when she opened her eyes and looked around.

"Out." She said and started to unbuckle the strap that held her in her car seat. Justin opened the door and helped her out. Natalie hopped out of the car seat and onto the pavement. She looked up at her Dad, "Where are we?"

"Pennsylvania." Justin answered and she nodded. "Watch out for cars Natty." He stated as she walked around in circles. Justin put his hand on the back of her head and directed her towards the sidewalk in front of the SUV. "Do you need to go to the bathroom?" He asked her a minute later.

"Yes." Natalie answered.

"Okay." Justin nodded, "Hey Brit," he stuck his head inside the vehicle. "I am going to take her to the bathroom. We'll be right back." He said.

"All right." Britney smiled and adjusted the blanket so that it covered her and Caleb while he ate. Justin shut the door and grabbed Natalie's hand. He led her inside of the rest area.

=====

"Here's his street." Justin said to himself. He glanced over at Britney who smiled at him. "These are nice homes." He stated.

"It's just like our neighborhood, only a different state." She grinned. Justin rolled his eyes. "What is his address?"

"2023." Justin looked down at the paper in his hand briefly and then at the passing houses to his left. "It'll be on this side of the street." He slowed down when the numbers got closer to the one he was looking for. Justin stopped the car in front of a two-story home. They were the first to arrive.

"Are you ready?" Britney asked him as she unbuckled her seatbelt.

"Yeah. This will be nice." He nodded softly and turned the car off. Justin took his time unbuckling his seatbelt. Britney was out of the SUV already and was opening the back door to get Caleb out. Justin got out as well. He helped Natalie get out of her seat once again.

The front door of the house in front of them opened as one of its occupants stepped out. Justin didn't even notice until he heard his name yelled out loud.

Mississippi by Christine

April 2014

"Good morning Sarah." Lance said walking into his office. His receptionist looked up at him and smiled. "How are you this morning?"

"I am doing well." She stood up and followed him into his office. "How are you?"

"Just fine. Lauren has a fever so this morning was stressful." He smiled.

"Well that's too bad," Sarah sighed and changed the subject, "You have a conference call with Mr. Wells from JIVE at 10:30."

"Thanks." He smiled and took his lap top out of its carrying case and set it on his desk. "Let me know when he calls."

"I will." Sarah started to walk out of the room and then stopped, "Oh your Mom called and she was going to stop by for lunch today around noon."

"Okay." Lance sat down as his computer booted up. Sarah walked out of the room and sat back down at her desk.  

=====

"Lance." Lance looked up when he heard his Mom's voice. He smiled and stood up. Lance walked around the desk to give her a hug.

"How are you?" He asked kissing her cheek.

"I'm just fine." Diane answered, "Are you ready to go out?"

"Yeah, let me shut down. Where do you want to go eat?" Lance asked curiously. He turned his laptop around on the desk and shut it down quickly.

"Anywhere will be fine." His Mom answered. "How are the girls doing?" She asked as he grabbed his wallet and they walked out of his office.

"Alison is doing good and Elizabeth is her usual self. Lauren had a fever this morning." He said as he opened the door for her to walk out.

"Well that's too bad." Diane smiled. Lance unlocked the doors to the SUV and they both got in. He started the vehicle and then headed out to the lot.

=====

"Lance, Janie Kirkpatrick is on line one for you." Sarah said over the intercom. There was only one Janie that he knew. Lance smiled and picked up the phone.

"Kirkpatrick? Are you crazy Janie?" Lance asked with a laugh.

"You guys always thought I was a little eccentric." Janie smiled. "Anyway Chris and I are planning on having a little get together at the end of June. So if you can come to Pennsylvania we'd love it."

Lance dug around on his desk for his calendar and opened it up to June. "So June 28th?" He asked.

"Yeah." Janie answered. Lance wrote it down on the calendar. "I will send out more information later. So an e-mail address or home address would be great."

"Only if I can get your number." Lance smiled.

"Of course." The exchanged information, "You wouldn't happen to know how I could get a hold of Joey do you."

"Yeah his home number is-" Lance rattled it off. "Is Chris around?"

"No. He's working." Janie answered," I have to go. But if you want to talk to Chris he'll be home around six."

"All right. I'll talk to you later then," Lance hung up. He looked at his watch and realized that he had a meeting in five minutes with one of his artists. Lance grabbed the paperwork he needed and walked out of his office.

"I'll be in a meeting with John," He stated and then headed to the conference room down the hall. "Sorry I'm a little late." Lance said as he walked into the room, "I got caught up on the phone." He set the file folder on the table top and reached over and shook John Woods's hand.

"What are we doing today?" John asked as he leaned back in the chair. Lance sat down and pulled out a couple of packets of paper. He handed one to John.

"Your schedule for the next three months," Lance answered and leaned back in his chair too.

"You leave Monday for New York and an appearance on Leno that night. Tuesday through Friday you will have interviews for papers and magazines and photo shoots along with those. Friday I will meet you out there. Saturday is the special on MTV and you will have off on Sunday. Monday is more interviews and the Today show, and that night is the CD release party. Tuesday you are on MTV again ..."

=====

Lance looked down at Elizabeth as she ran into kitchen when he came in from the garage. Her little arms wrapped around his legs. Lance grinned.

"Hi Daddy!" The little girl smiled excitedly since he was home for the night.

"Hey Bethy," Lance picked her up and kissed her cheek. "How was your day?"

"It was good." She giggled and then wiggled to be put down. Lance let her slide down and watched as she ran off into the living room.

"Hey Alison," Lance said. His wife was standing at the stove cooking their dinner.

"How was your day?" Alison asked with a smile. She turned around for a second with a smile on her face.

"Busy as usual." He answered and set his bag down on the hall floor. "I got an interesting phone call today."

"Really?" She asked curiously. Lance sat down at the counter.

"Yeah." He reached for a carrot and popped it in his mouth. "My PR, well old PR Janie, ... she did *N Sync stuff ... she called." Lance paused, "Her and Chris are married. They are having all of us out to Pennsylvania the last weekend in June." Alison nodded and waited for him to continue. "I told her we would plan on coming."

"All right." Alison smiled, "That sounds like fun." She picked up the cutting board and walked over to the stove. "Will you wake Lauren up?"

"Yeah. How is she feeling?" Lance asked as he got off the stool.

"Her fever is gone down. But she still isn't eating." Alison answered. Lance sighed; he didn't like it when one of his daughters wasn't feeling well. He walked out of the kitchen and headed up the stairs. Lance walked into Lauren's room and smiled seeing her standing up in her crib.

"Dadadada." She grinned showing her two front teeth.

"Hey Lauren." He picked up the little girl and kissed her forehead. "How are you feeling?" She rested her head on his shoulder as he walked out of the room. He brought his hand up to her forehead and sighed after feeling that it was still warm.

"You still feel bad?" Lauren nodded against his shoulder. "You'll be okay." He headed down the stairs and back into the kitchen. Lance sat down at the table with her in his arms.

"Is she still warm?" Alison asked walked over to them.

"Yeah." Lance nodded and took the sippy-cup with apple juice in it from her. He handed it to Lauren who reached for it right away. "Got it?" She took a sip and then handed it back to Lance.

"Are you hungry sweetheart?" Lance asked as Alison set down a small bowl of macaroni and cheese for her. Lauren looked at the dish as Lance picked up the spoon. He held it in front of her mouth. "Have a few bites at least." She took the first bite and chewed slowly. "Good?"

"No." Lauren mumbled with her mouth full. She buried her head in his chest still chewing. Lance brought his hand up to her head and rubbed the soft hair on her head. He smiled.

Later that night Lance was sitting on the couch waiting for Alison to come down with Elizabeth. Elizabeth came running down the stairs with a towel wrapped around her. She jumped up onto the couch next to Lance and snuggled up next to him. Lance laughed as her wet hair rubbed against his arm.

"Beth Nicole!" Alison yelled and appeared at the top of the stairs. Elizabeth giggled as Lance got up off the couch and picked her up.

"Come on Bethy you need to get your jammies on and then we can watch some TV." Lance wrapped the towel around her tighter as he approached the stairs. "I'll take care of this." He said to Alison and gave her a quick kiss before disappearing into Elizabeth's room.

=====

Lance turned his phone on when the flight attendant gave the okay. He waited for the plane to clear out before he stood up and got his bag from the overhead compartment. His cell phone rang just as he was walking through the door.

"Lance." He answered not even checking the screen to see who it was.

"What's up man?" Lance smiled hearing Joey's voice over the phone.

"Not much really." He said walking through the hall to the terminal. "I just landed in New York. John has a few appearances and his CD release is this weekend."

"That's fun stuff." Joey said, "How long are you up there for? I come in on Monday maybe we can get together." He suggested.

"I'll have to see if I'm free. I leave Wednesday morning." Lance stated. He found his way out of the airport and got a taxi. "Plaza Hotel," He said to the driver. "Why are you coming up?"

"I have Promos for a new movie. Junk like that." Joey answered with a smile. "So did you get a call from Janie?"

"Yeah," Lance answered. "Are you going to go? Alison and I are planning on going."

"Uh-huh. Can you believe that she and Chris are together?" Joey laughed.

"I know. That's a little crazy." Lance stated and glanced at his watch, "Hey I have to go. Call me Monday when you get in and I'll see what I can do."

"Will do. Talk to ya later."

"Bye." Lance laughed and hung up. He dialed his home number to let Alison know that he had made it. "Hey girls, just calling to check in. I guess you're out having fun. I'll call you later. Love you." Lance said when the answering machine came on. The taxi pulled up to the hotel just as he was hanging up. He unbuckled his seatbelt and pulled his wallet out.

Lance paid the driver before getting out and then reached in and grabbed his bag. He walked into the hotel and up to the front desk.

"Good morning." The concierge smiled.

"Morning," Lance said. "I need to check into my room and find out what room John Woods is in."

"And you name is?"

"Lance Bass." He answered. "It should be for five nights."

"It is Mr. Bass. You will be in room 512. How are you going to pay for this?" The concierge asked. Lance completed the transaction and was handed the key. "Oh and Mr. Woods is in room 510."

"Thank you," Lance said.

"Let us know if you need anything while you are here." Lance nodded and then walked away from the desk. He headed towards the elevators and hit the up button. After settling into his room, Lance called John's cell phone.

=====

"Hey Joey it's great to see you again." Lance said as the two men hugged. They finally had a chance to meet up with each other late Tuesday night.

"It is." Joey agreed as they walked into the hotel restaurant together. The two of them got a table and sat down. "So how are the girls doing?"

"They are good. Elizabeth is going to start school in the fall. I can't believe how fast that went. And Lauren was sick all last week so that wasn't fun." Lance smiled as he talked about his two daughters.

"And Alison?" Joey asked.

"She's doing good too. I'm thinking she wants to go back to work after Elizabeth starts school." Lance answered.

"That's understandable." Joey nodded. "Thanks for sending Brianna those CDs for her birthday. She was so excited about them." The waitress came up and took their drink orders and then left them to their conversation. "Can you believe that she is thirteen?"

"Of course not," Lance laughed. "And how are Michael and McKenna doing?"

"Brats." Joey answered with a laugh, "Getting bigger and more troublesome every day. But you gotta love them." Lance nodded in agreement. Both of them took a minute out of their conversation to look over their menus. When the waitress came back with their drinks, she took their orders.

"So what do you think everyone else has been up to over the past eight years?" Lance asked after their food had been brought out.

Joey shrugged, "We know Chris has been doing his stuff for the record label. And obviously Justin is still doing his thing. And we know what the two of us have been up to."

"So JC is the only one we know nothing about?" Lance sighed, "I wonder how Janie is going to find him ..." He stated thoughtfully.

"She'll find him, but whether or not he shows up. Now that's another question." Joey said as he dug into his food.

=====

Lance walked up to his Mom and Dad's house with Alison by his side. Elizabeth was running ahead of them, with her Easter dress flying behind her and Lauren followed behind as best she could. The front door flew open as soon as Elizabeth stepped on the porch.

"Gramma!" Elizabeth smiled and wrapped her arms around the older women.

Lauren placed both hands in front of her on the step and then stepped up onto it.

Lance stood close behind Lauren and waited for her to get to the top. He smiled up at his Mom.

"Happy Easter." Diane said as Lance bent over and picked Lauren up. She gave everyone hugs. "Everybody is in the backyard." The four of them walked through the house and out onto the deck. Stacy was there with her husband, Ford, and their kids were playing on the swing set.

Elizabeth took off to where her cousins were. Lance sat down on one of the chairs with Lauren in his arms. After another hour, Diane, Stacy, and Alison got up to go set up the eggs in the front yard for the kids.

"Come on kids." Alison yelled from the back door. She smiled over at Lance as he stood up with Lauren. "Are you going to help her?" Lance nodded. The four kids came running up the deck steps and into the house where Stacy handed them Easter baskets. Lance walked into the house as well.     

"You guys need to wait." Stacy said just as Elizabeth reached up to open the door. Lance grabbed the basket she held out for Lauren and headed towards the front door. Lance opened the door.

"What are the rules?" Lance asked the four kids at his feet.

"No pushing."

"No fighting."

"Good. Make sure you save some for Lauren too. All right?" Lance asked pulling the door open further. Elizabeth nodded and was the first one out the door followed by her cousins. Lance stepped onto the porch and then went down the steps. He set Lauren on the ground at the bottom and grabbed her hand.

They walked across the yard and Lauren watched the other kids scramble for the eggs as fast as they could. She bent over seeing the first bright pink egg and picked it up. Lauren held it up for Lance and showed him. He went to grab it and put it in her basket, but Lauren held onto it under her arm. At the next one she came too, Lauren handed it to Lance with a grin on her face. Lance smiled at the little girl.

"So what are you guys doing this summer?" Stacy asked as the family sat down for Easter dinner later that evening.

"I haven't told you yet?" Lance asked, "We are going up to Pennsylvania the last weekend in June. For a little reunion with the guys."

"Really?" She asked surprised. Lance nodded and reached for the plate of ham that was being passed around the table. "How is that going to work out?"

Lance shrugged.

=====

"Is this all of our stuff?" Lance asked. They had just flown to Pennsylvania from Mississippi. He looked at the bags that they had pulled off of the carousel. Lance had a firm grip on Elizabeth's hand, while Alison held Lauren.

"I have to go potty." Elizabeth said with a sudden surge of energy.

"I'll take her." Alison volunteered, "Lauren needs to be changed anyway."

"All right." Lance nodded. "I'll be here." He smiled. Alison walked off with the girls. Lance looked around the place hoping to see a sign pointing in the direction of the car rental place. Alison came back almost twenty minutes later with Elizabeth ten feet in front of her the entire way.

"Do you know where the car rental place is?" Alison asked glancing around quickly.

"The sign says it's to the left." He answered. Lance walked over and grabbed a luggage cart. He put their bags on the carrier and they walked to the left.

"Should we check into the hotel first?" Alison asked as they stepped up to the counter.

"Yeah let's do that and then we can head over to Chris'." Lance answered.

"Do you have a reservation?" The attendant asked.

"Yeah. It should be under Lance Bass." Lance answered. He waited for the man to finish typing it in.

"You wanted a van? For five days?" Lance nodded. "All right. I need you to put down a deposit and then we will bring the van around." They finished the transaction and then went and stood outside while someone brought the minivan around. The family went and checked into the hotel and before they knew it they were heading towards Chris' house.

"They said to go left on Washington." Alison glancing at the directions Chris had given them. Lance turned left onto the street. "And after five miles you turn right onto Calla."

It was a thirty minute drive from that point before they pulled up to Chris' house. Lance smiled seeing the vehicle already parked in front of the house. He recognized the four people standing on the front porch immediately.

Florida by Christine

April 2014

Joey has his arms wrapped around Michael in a headlock as the two boys wrestled. McKenna climbed onto his back and wrapped her arms around his neck. Michael maneuvered his way out of Joey's arm and jumped onto his back along with McKenna. She rolled off of Joey's back and onto the floor with a thump, giggling.

"What is going on in here?" Kelly asked walking into the living room. She set her bag on the table behind the couch and then moved around to sit next to Brianna.

"All right. That's enough." Joey said out of breath. He stood up slowly and waited for Michael to slide down back to the floor. "Hi honey." He walked over to the couch and leaned over to give Kelly a kiss.

"What's for dinner?" She asked.

"I ordered pizza. It should be here soon." Joey answered. He picked up a DVD off of the coffee table, "and we got Extreme Days to watch tonight."

"I am going to change into something more comfortable." Kelly yawned and stood up. She walked out of the living room as the doorbell rang. Joey headed to the front door to get the pizza.

"Brianna get some plates please." He stated as he pulled the door open. Joey paid for the pizza and brought it into the kitchen. "What does everyone want to drink?" He set the boxes on the counter and opened the cupboard above.

"Can I have Sprite?" McKenna asked as she grabbed a plate off of the counter. Joey nodded as he walked over to the fridge and pulled out a can of Sprite and some Coke for himself.

"Dr. Pepper." Michael answered.

"Anyone else?" He asked looking at Brianna.

"Dr. Pepper." She answered too.

"Let me help you get that McKenna." Kelly said as she walked into the kitchen. The six year old was trying to open the box which she could hardly reach. Kelly opened the box and grabbed McKenna's plate from her. "Do you want cheese? Or pepperoni?"

"Cheese." The little girl answered as she bounced from one foot to another. Kelly put a couple of pieces onto the plate and handed it to her.

"Here's your drink." Joey said handing her the cup of soda. "Be careful not to spill it." McKenna nodded and walked out of the room. Kelly helped Michael with his plate and then sent him off to the media room as well. The rest of them fixed their plates and headed to the room as well.

Michael and McKenna were sitting on the floor in front of the first couch with their plates on the table eating. Brianna had made herself comfortable on the couch and was busy eating too. Joey had grabbed the DVD on his way in and was busy putting it in. He got it started and then sat down on the couch in the back next to Kelly.

They ate their dinner and watched the movie. After it was over Kelly herded Michael and McKenna off to get ready for bed and Brianna disappeared upstairs to her bedroom, leaving Joey to pick up the room. He turned the movie off and shut down the projector before picking up the dirty dishes.

=====

Joey walked into his and Kelly's home. He had just gotten back from the studio where he was busy editing the movie he was working on. He smiled when he saw Kelly sitting on couch talking admittedly on the phone.

"Hold on." Kelly said to whoever was on the other end of the line. "Joey come here ... I want you to guess who this is. I'm going to let you talk to him." Kelly smiled and handed him the phone.

Joey furrowed his eye brow in curiosity and put the phone to his ear. "Hello?" He asked hesitantly, "Who am I talking to?"

"You were told to guess." The voice said on the other end. It sounded familiar as it trailed off.

"Obviously you are a girl." Joey said laughingly as he sat down next to Kelly. "Umm ... I am going to start twenty questions. What color hair do you have?"

"Brown."

"Eyes?"

"Brown."

"How do I know you?"

"I used to work for you."

"Okay when?"

"About eight years ago."

"Is my nickname Peppermint?" He laughed at the memory. Janie had been too much sometimes.

"Maybe ..." She said slyly.

"You had the biggest crush on Chris." Joey paused, "Did ya'll ever hook up?"

"I would say so."

"Mrs. Kirkpatrick!" He said with a big grin on his face. Kelly laughed. "Why are you calling here?"

"Chris wants everyone to get together with all of you." Janie answered, "Kelly said you would come."

"Okay." He shrugged and looked over at Kelly. She leaned over and kissed his cheek, and stood up. Joey could hear Chris whining in the background about wanting to talk to him.

"Chris wants to talk to you, bye." Janie said quickly. He heard the phone being handed over and the Chris' voice."

"What are you doing?"

"Well I was talking to Janie ..." Joey trailed off. "So what have you been up to man?"

"Just the record label really and bugging Janie." Chris rattled off.

"Fun." Joey rolled his eyes and Chris laughed.

"How is Brianna doing?"

"Mm ... good. Busy with school and all of that stuff." He winked at his daughter as she walked into the room. Brianna sat down at the other end of the couch with a book in her hands.

"Did you and Kelly have any more kids?"

"Two. Michael and McKenna and they will be seven this weekend." Joey answered. "What about you and Janie. I'm sure James' is big now."

"Yeah. Janie adopted him and then we have two more boys and one on the way." Chris answered. They didn't say anything for a while. "Are you still in Florida?"

"Uh-huh. Back and forth from LA though." Joey answered. "Do you know who else Janie has talked too?"

"Justin and Lance," Chris answered. "It seems that JC is a little hard to get a hold of."

=====

"Happy Birthday to you / Happy Birthday dear Michael and McKenna / Happy Birthday to you ..." The other kids at the party trailed off with Joey leading them all. Kelly laughed as she snapped a picture. They were having a party for their seventh birthday with their friends from school. Michael and McKenna each blew out their respective candles on the cakes. Kelly took another picture.

"All right," Kelly started she moved the cake in front of McKenna first to the counter. "Who wants chocolate cake?" Four hands shot up, one of which belonged to Joey. "So the rest of you want vanilla?" Their was a chorus of ‘yeses.' Joey picked up the vanilla cake and set it on the counter to start cutting. The kids at the table were all talking admittedly with each other.

"Does anyone want ice cream?" Joey asked. A few of the kids answered and he dished out the ice cream on those few plates. They handed out the cake and ice cream and afterwards headed into the living room to open presents. The kids opened their presents and were happy with everything that they got.

Thirty minutes later their parents started to arrive to pick them up. Joey let them in and handed out the party bags.

"Thanks for coming." Joey smiled down at one of McKenna's friends. The little girl smiled up at him. "Have a good evening." He said to her Mom.

"You to. Thanks for having her over."

"Not a problem." Joey nodded as the two walked out of the house. He closed the door only to open it within the minute.

"Hey Sara." Joey said, "Julie! You're mom is here." He yelled. "Where's Zach?"

"He went golfing." She answered. "Hey Julie." She smiled as her daughter ran into the foyer with McKenna trailing behind. Kelly came up behind them. "I don't see how you two do this every year." She said with a laugh. Kelly gave her a hug.

"The trick is to limit the number of kids they can invite each. And it's only once a year. No big deal." Kelly shrugged. "We need to get together soon."

"Yeah. Just give me a call when you are free." Sara said. Kelly nodded. "What do you say to Kelly and McKenna, Julie?"

"Thank you." Julie answered. Joey handed her a goodie bag.

"Thanks for having her. Give me a call later and we can make plans." Sara said. She and Julie left the house. Joey closed the door. He reached down and picked up McKenna who squirmed the entire time.

"Where is Michael? He needs to help pick up?" Joey said as he tickled McKenna.

"Upstairs." She answered giggling and wiggling her way down out of his grip.

"Well go get him and help us pick up." He said. Joey watched her take off up the stairs and walked into the living room.

=====

Joey sat down at the kitchen table with the cordless phone in his hands. He dialed Lance's cell phone number knowing that would be the easiest way to get a hold of him. It rang twice before he picked up.

"Lance." He heard over the phone.

"What's up man?" Joey asked with a smile.

"Not much really. I just landed in New York. John has a few appearances and his CD release is this weekend." Lance answered.

"That's fun stuff." Joey said, "How long are you up there for? I come in on Monday maybe we can get together." He suggested.

"I'll have to see if I'm free. I leave Wednesday morning." Lance stated. Joey heard him say something to someone quickly. "Why are you coming up?"

"I have Promos for a new movie. Junk like that." Joey answered with a smile. "So did you get a call from Janie?"

"Yeah," Lance answered. "Are you going to go? Alison and I are planning on going."

"Uh-huh. Can you believe that she and Chris are together?" Joey laughed.

"I know. That's a little crazy." Lance stated and glanced at his watch, "Hey I have to go. Call me Monday when you get in and I'll see what I can do."

"Will do. Talk to ya later."

"Bye." They hung up. Joey got up and put the phone back on the charger before walking over to the stove to check on the food he was cooking for dinner.

=====

"We are talking to Joey Fatone this morning. He is in the new movie One Witness and is directing This Life which is do out this fall." The hostess of the morning talk show started, "How are you this morning Joey?"

"I'm doing good. I just got in last night so I'm a little tired." He said with a yawn to get the point across.

"So what was different about being in One Witness then the other movies you have been in?" She asked.

"Well ..." Joey started. He answered the questions she asked and before he knew it the interview was over. Joey was directed backstage where he could wash his face and have something to eat before leaving for his next interview.

Later that evening Joey walked into the hotel that he was meeting Lance at for dinner. He saw Lance standing outside of the restaurant and waved him down.

"Hey Joey it's great to see you again." Lance said as the two men hugged.

"It is." Joey agreed as they walked into the hotel restaurant together. The two of them got a table and sat down. "So how are the girls doing?"

"They are good. Elizabeth is going to start school in the fall. I can't believe how fast that went. And Lauren was sick all last week so that wasn't fun." Lance smiled as he talked about his two daughters.

"And Alison?" Joey asked.

"She's doing good too. I'm thinking she wants to go back to work after Elizabeth starts school." Lance answered.

"That's understandable." Joey nodded. "Thanks for sending Brianna those CDs for her birthday. She was so excited about them." The waitress came up and took their drink orders and then left them to their conversation. "Can you believe that she is thirteen?"

"Of course not," Lance laughed. "And how are Michael and McKenna doing?"

"Brats." Joey answered with a laugh, "Getting bigger and more troublesome every day. But you gotta love them." Lance nodded in agreement. Both of them took a minute out of their conversation to look over their menus. When the waitress came back with their drinks, she took their orders.

"So what do you think everyone else has been up to over the past eight years?" Lance asked after their food had been brought out.

Joey shrugged, "We know Chris has been doing his stuff for his record label. And obviously Justin is still doing his thing. And we know what the two of us have been up to."

"So JC is the only one we know nothing about?" Lance sighed, "I wonder how Janie is going to find him ..." He stated thoughtfully.

"She'll find him, but whether or not he shows up. Now that's another question." Joey said as he dug into his food.

=====

Joey and Kelly had flown to California for the premier of his movie, One Witness. They were pulling up to the red carpet and waited for the driver to open the door. Joey stepped out of the limo first and waited as Kelly got out.

They stopped to talk to some of the people doing interviews along the red carpet. Kelly stepped back while Joey talked about what was supposed to be the biggest movie of the year. The two moved along and eventually ended up inside.

The foyer to the theater was crowded with the other people who were involved in making the movie as well as those who were lucky enough to get in. The two mingled with everyone else, and Joey introduced or reintroduced Kelly as he was asked. Almost an hour later they were moved inside the theater and found a place to sit.

"What did you think?" Joey asked Kelly at the end of the movie. They were still seated while they waited for the theater to clear out some.

"Your best yet." Kelly smiled. She leaned over and kissed him on the lips. "It was really good."

"Thanks." Joey said with a grin. He kissed her again. "Are you ready to get out of here? We just need to make a quick appearance at the party and then we can go back to the hotel." Kelly nodded. The two of them stood up and headed out of the theater to find their limo.

=====

"Take your shoes off." Kelly stopped Joey before he walked onto the tiled floor. He raised his eyebrow, "I just washed it." Joey sighed and pulled them off of his feet. He walked into the kitchen.

"Have you packed yet?" Joey asked. The back door opened and before Michael could get any farther Kelly stopped him.

"Shoes off Michael." She didn't even look up, "I haven't yet. The kids are packed though."

"Okay." Joey said, "Where's McKenna?" He followed Michael out of the kitchen and towards the stairs.

"At Daisy's." Michael answered and headed up the stairs. Joey reached over and picked up the phone when it rang.

"Hello?" He asked.

"Can I stay over at Courtney's tonight?" It was Brianna.

"No."

"Please?"

"Bri, we have to get up early to go to Pennsylvania." Joey started. "I will be there to pick you up at ten."

"I can walk by myself." She said.

"That's too late to be walking home by yourself." Joey sighed.

"Fine." Brianna gave in.

"I love you." Joey smiled and sighed when she hung up. McKenna ran through the front door with another little girl behind him. They headed straight for the stairs, "Where's the fire?" Joey asked. The screen door slapped shut as Joey pulled the front door closed. He walked back into the kitchen.

"I don't think they love me anymore." Joey laughed and placed his hand on Kelly's shoulder. She reached up and rested her hand on top of his. She didn't look up from the paper she was reading.

"Yeah they do." Kelly looked up at him. "Why don't you go pack and I will be up their in a minute." She suggested and patted his hand.

"Okay." He resigned and kissed the top of her head. Joey left the kitchen again.

Later that evening Joey was standing on the front porch of Courtney's house to pick up Brianna. He was talking to her Dad when Brianna came into the foyer.

"Are you ready to go?" He asked.

"Yeah." Brianna nodded. "See you later Court."

"Bye." Courtney said.

Joey and Brianna headed down the front walk.

"What did you guys do?" Joey asked.

"We just watched some movies." Brianna answered. "How come we have to go to Pennsylvania?"

"We've been over this Bri," Joey sighed. "You remember the guys. They loved you and I know that they want to see you. Besides we are only going to be there for four days anyway."

"I know." Brianna sighed.

"It'll be fun." He wrapped his arm around her shoulder and pulled her closer. Joey kissed the top of her head. "I love you."

"I love you too, Dad." She rolled her eyes. Joey laughed as they walked up to their front porch. Joey let them in.

"Good night." Joey said.

"Night Dad." She said as she walked up the stairs. Joey watched her before turning around and locking the front door. He headed upstairs himself.

=====

"Do we have everything?" Joey asked as he shut the back door on the caravan. He climbed up onto the bumper and made sure everything was tight on the car-top carrier.

"I think that's everything." Kelly answered with a smile. "The kids are in the van. So we can head out." It was early in the morning and they were about to start their drive to Pennsylvania.

"Well then let's go." Joey walked around to the driver's side and got in. He made sure everyone was buckled and that no one had forgotten anything. They pulled out of their driveway and began the long drive.

=====

Joey parked the van behind one with a Tennessee license plate. They had gotten to Pennsylvania the night before and were able to get a hotel room for the week. 

"Well here goes nothing." Joey said as he shut the car off. He looked at the house before them as he unbuckled his seatbelt. The kids were already out of the van as was Kelly. Joey got out and locked it. The five of them walked up the front walk.

Joey reached for the handle on the door and opened it.

"Joey!" Kelly scolded.

"He doesn't care." Joey laughed and pushed it open wider.

California by Christine

May 2014

JC tuned his guitar. He was in the back room of the bar, that he played weekly gigs in. He waited for the manager to come back and let him know it was time to go on. There was a knock on the door.

"Yeah?" He asked puzzled. It was too early for him to go on. The manager poked his head in the room.

"There's a pregnant lady out here. Says her name is Janie Bradley?" The man raised his eyebrows. JC looked shocked as soon as that name left his lips.  

"Ask her to leave please." JC stated. The harshness in his voice did not go unnoticed. He looked back down at the guitar and plucked at the strings. JC looked up and around the room. He let out a frustrated sigh. ‘What is she doing here?' he asked himself.

Fifteen minutes later he stood up and walked out of the room when it was time for him to go on stage. He walked up the short steps and sat down on the wooden stool, center stage. JC adjusted the mike and smiled when a screeching noise resounded over the room.

He strummed the guitar a couple of times and then started. JC played a few songs. Without realizing what he was doing, the first cords and words of This I Promise You started.

"When the visions around you / bring tears to your eyes / ..." JC had always been the closest to Janie. She would never know that he had loved her at one time.

Later that evening he walked into his dark apartment. JC set his guitar down by the door and turned the stereo on. He walked into the small messy kitchen and turned the light on above the stove. His cat jumped up onto the counter and sat down by his dish.

"What could you possibly want?" JC asked the animal as he scratched it between the ears. The cat pressed his head harder into the palm of JC's hand and purred. JC reached over and poured some food into the dish for the cat. He found himself something to eat and then went and sat down in the dark living room to eat.

=====

JC sat down at the sound board in the local studio. He was helping a local band out with their demo. He motioned for the first guy to go in to lay down his part of the track.

"Let's get this done. Studio time is only booked till 4:30," He started and looked at his watch. "It's 11:00 now."

=====

A soft knock resounded over the door and JC walked over quickly to answer it. He immediately slammed the door when he saw who was on the other side. She banged on the door loudly.

"Josh! You open this damn door right now!" Janie yelled. JC let her stand out there for another few minutes, before he started to feel sorry for her. He opened the door and Janie stepped in. "Thank you." Janie looked around the dim apartment and walked over to a lamp where she turned it on.

"Who's the lucky guy to knock you up?" JC asked as his eyes traveled over her pregnant stomach. Janie's face fell at his choice of words. Her arms crossed over her chest.

"I don't think I should have to tell you that, with the way you asked." She huffed.

"Janie don't come barging in here and expect me to be all lovey-dovey with you." His voice met her with equal force. JC turned and walked towards his bedroom. Janie followed every step of his way.

"Sorry," Janie said quietly. Her eyes traveled to the floor and then back up where they met his eyes. "Chris. If you must know," She answered. JC was quiet for a second as he soaked in this information. Janie watched as his face fell.

"You said you would never date one of us." He sounded hurt and sat down on the edge of his bed.

"Things change." Janie took in the state of his bedroom. She rested her hand on her stomach when the baby shifted. "He's wonderful Jace. You know that he takes care of me." He flinched at the old nickname.

"So what about you?" Janie asked.

"What about me, what?" JC asked back not understanding what she met.

"What about you? Do you have someone?" She asked sadly.

"Just for two years. It didn't work out." Janie watched and nodded after he said that. "I have a son. He's three and his name is Jacob."

"I bet he's a cutie." Janie forced a smile. "This place is a mess." She couldn't hold it in any longer at the state of the space he called a home. JC scowled. "You know I was never one for a mess. And with three boys and Chris at home it's always a mess."

"You have three?" He couldn't help but sound shocked.

"Well I adopted James after we got married, and we have a six and four-year old." She paused, "And you know how Chris is. Plus I have this monster in here I have to start worrying about now." Janie smoothed a hand over her stomach with a smile.

"So you have a son huh? When do you get to see him?" She changed the subject so the conversation wasn't on her.

"I already-" He stopped himself and started over, "He stays with me Thursdays thru Sundays."

"That's nice."

"So why are you here?" JC was almost afraid to ask. Janie moved closer to the bed. She motioned towards it, asking if she could sit down. JC nodded and she sat. Janie looked down at the floor and then back up at him.

"Well," Janie hesitated for another minute. "We, Chris and I, are having everyone over at the end of June."

"Oh," He nodded, knowing exactly who she was referring to by ‘everyone.' JC leaned his arms on his knees and looked down at the ground. "Why?"

"Because it'll be nice to see everyone again," Janie said. "Think about it before you decide anything." She noticed his hesitation to comment about it at all. Janie patted his knee and stood up. "What do you have to eat in this place?"

JC shrugged.

=====

"Hi James," JC said as he set his stuff down in the recording studio. The teenager was sprawled out on the couch waiting for the rest of his band to show up. "Where is everyone else?" He sat down at the sound board.

"Not here." James shrugged. He looked over at Janie who was just standing in the doorway. James sat up so that she could sit down. "Who's the lady?"

"Janie Kirkpatrick," He answered. "Janie this is James Bradshaw. He is the lead singer."

"Hi," Janie reached her hand out to James. They shook hands. She sat down on the other end of the couch. James was watching her, wondering what she was there for. Janie turned to him and smiled. "I was Josh's PR. Back when *N Sync was still around." She answered his questioning gaze. James nodded. JC didn't say anything from the other side of the room.

The other three members of the band walked into the room shortly after. JC introduced them as Michael, Nat, and Matt.

"Who's first today?" JC asked. He looked at each of the boys. Michael had made himself comfortable on the couch in between Janie and James. Nat was fussing over his guitar, and Matt was offering his input on this activity. No one answered JC's question.

"All right. Matt get in there," JC made the choice for them.

"Aw man," Matt whined and picked up his bass out of its case. He walked into the studio, and JC got him started. Janie watched and felt like she was back with the guys. Almost.

 =====

"Josh, this place really is a mess." Janie observed once again. JC rolled his eyes. He watched her look around the living room at a few misplaced toys and various magazines and papers.

"And?" JC asked as he sat down on the couch. They had just got back from dinner after being in the studio all day. He stared as she began picking up papers and stacking them neatly on the coffee table.

"You don't need to do that." He said as she picked an issue of Guitar magazine.

"JC," She started. "You have a son who lives here on the weekends. He does not need to be around this mess." He rolled his eyes when she called him ‘JC.' Janie gave him a look that told him she was serious.

"Fine," He didn't want to fight with her. The phone rang in the kitchen and JC stood up to answer it. "Hello?" He asked cautiously.

"Josh," He heard his mother over the line.

"Oh hi Mom," JC relaxed, "How are you doing?"

"I'm doing good." She answered. "What are you up too tonight?"

"Not much really." He became distracted as he watched Janie pick up some of the toys. "Do you think I could call you back? I have company right now."

"And who is that?" His Mom asked curiously.

"Janie." JC answered. He could picture his Mom's face when he said that. Janie looked up when she heard her name. He smiled.

"Oh." She sounded shocked, "What is she doing there?"

"Cleaning." He cringed when he pictured that look as well.

"Joshua." Karen scolded, "I'll let you go."

"Love you," JC said.

"Love you too." They hung up. JC walked back into the living room area and stood there for a minute. "Do you need some help?" He picked up one of the guitars and put it in its case before going back for the other.

"If you'd like too." Janie picked up a few more papers and set them on the stack she had created earlier. JC turned the stereo on and moved to pick up the toys she had set aside a few minutes before. He went and put them in Jacob's room.

When they were almost done, JC stopped Janie.

"What?" She asked looking at his outstretched arms. Janie stepped into them. "What are we doing?" JC's right arm wrapped around her waist and left hand took hers in his. She put her right hand on his shoulder.

"We're dancing." He gave her a look as if to say ‘duh.' Janie laughed at the smile on his face. "I'm glad you came out here."

"I'm glad I came to," She paused, "So are you going to come?"

"Janie," JC groaned.

"Fine I won't ask. Sorry," Janie smiled. They were quiet for a few more minutes. "So ... Chris and I were talking, and we would love it if you would be this baby's Godfather."

"Really?" He sounded shocked, "Why me?"

"You are our friend," She answered, "And we trust you. Just think about it okay?" JC nodded. They danced for a few more minutes before he pulled away and kissed her on the cheek.

"Thanks for the dance." JC smiled.

"You're welcome Josh." Janie smiled.

=====

It was Thursday night, and JC waited patiently for the knock on the door. These days were his favorite part of the week, and he couldn't wait to see his son. Janie was in the kitchen making something for them to eat for dinner.

The knock was quiet and he knew it was Jacob who had knocked. JC pulled the door open quickly, and the little boy jumped from his mother's arms into JC's awaiting ones.

"Hiya Jacob." JC smiled and kissed the little boys forehead. He wasn't paying much attention to his ex-wife standing out in the hall.

"Hello Josh," She said. He watched as her face turned towards the kitchen in a questing look.

"Nancy." JC nodded and reached for Jake's bag as she handed it to him. "Have you been good for your Mommy?" He asked the little boy.

"Yeah." Jacob answered quietly.

"I'll see you Sunday night Jacob," Nancy said rubbing the little boys head. "You take care of him." She looked towards JC condescendingly and then walked down the hall. JC shut the door loudly behind her.

Janie came out from around the corner in the kitchen, and smiled seeing JC standing there with a ‘mini-me' in his arms.

"You must be Jacob," She smiled at the three-year old. The little boy smiled back when he realized Janie was going to be nice. "I'm Janie an old friend of your dad's."

"He old," Jacob answered with a nod.

"Yeah, your Daddy's old." Janie responded with a laugh. She saw JC's eyes. This was the happiest he had been since she first saw him. JC's arms pulled the boy a little closer to his body, and he kissed his forehead again. "Do you like macaroni and cheese? With hotdogs?"

"Yeah," He answered enthusiastically.

"Well why don't you sit down at the table with your Daddy and I'll fix you a plate." She suggested. Jacob nodded as JC set him down on the floor. Janie walked back into the kitchen to fix their plates and JC got Jacob settled at the table. This was how his life was supposed to be.

=====

"I wanna play," Jacob stood in front of JC where he was playing his guitar. JC looked up from the instrument and smiled.

"Okay. Go get yours," JC said. The little boy ran off down the hall to his room, and came back a few minutes later dragging the instrument case behind him. JC pulled the coffee table over closer to the couch. He helped Jake put the case on the table.

Jacob sat down on the coffee table and unlatched the hard case. He pulled out a smaller version of JC's guitar.

"Do you remember what we learned last week?" Jacob nodded and put his hands on the right places. He strummed. JC smiled when he got it right. "Good job." Jacob grinned up at his Daddy. JC put his fingers on a different chord and played it. Jake watched.

"How?" Jacob asked.

"Like this," JC leaned over and moved Jacob's fingers on the strings. "Now play." He played the chord at the same time Jake did. "All right." This was what he enjoyed the most about the time spent with his son. Jake already had a passion for music, and all JC did was feed it even more.

"What are you guys doing?" Janie asked coming from down the hall where she had been talking to Chris on the phone.

"Playing guitar," Jacob answered with a smile. He looked over at her and then back at his Dad for more guidance. Janie was happy to see something that JC enjoyed with all of his heart still. She watched as JC bent over his guitar again and moved Jake's fingers. "Like this?" He asked.

JC nodded and watched with pride as his son put the two chords together. Jacob was really advanced in the guitar for a three-year old. Janie sat down on the couch next to JC and watched father and son interact.

=====

JC cringed when Janie walked into the room and Nancy gave her a dirty look.

"Hi," Janie smiled and walked over to where JC was standing. She stopped next to him, "You must be Jacob's mother. I'm Janie Kirkpatrick, an old friend of JC's." Janie held out her hand for the other women to take. But she didn't.

"An old friend?" Nancy scoffed taking in the state of Janie's appearance, "Be careful he'll leave you just like he did me." JC rolled his eyes and looked over at Janie apologetically.

"I'm going to go call Chris. It was nice to meet you. Excuse me JC," Janie nodded towards the two and went down the hall to use the phone in JC's room.

"Ready," Jacob came down the hall dragging his backpack behind him. He walked up to where his parents were standing in the doorway.

"Great," Nancy said and reached down to pick up Jake's backpack. She grabbed his hand.

"I'll see you next weekend Jake," JC bent over and gave the little boy a hug. He kissed his forehead.

"Love you Daddy," Jacob smiled.

"Love you too Jacob," He smiled too.

"Let's go." Nancy said and pulled Jacob out the door. JC watched sadly as his ex-wife and son walked down the hall once again. Like every Sunday. He closed the door and walked to the room Janie had disappeared to.

She was sitting on his bed, and laughing at something Chris had said. Janie looked up and held up a finger to signal one more minute.

"Hey Chris, I gotta go. Give the boys a hug and kiss for me ... I will ... I love you too." Janie smiled and giggled at something else he said, "Bye Chris." She rolled her eyes over at JC and hung up the phone. "He said hi."

JC nodded, "Sorry about Nancy."

"Not a problem," Janie smiled and stood up. She walked over to JC and wrapped her arms around him in a hug.

"I really am glad you came out here," He smiled sincerely. "I have a show tonight. Would you like to come along?"

"I'd love to see you on stage again."  

=====

"Evening Josh," The man behind the counter nodded. He eyed Janie having recognized her from the other night.

"Hey," JC said. "This is my friend, Janie Kirkpatrick," He introduced. "Janie this is Earl Simmons."

"Nice to meet you Mr. Simmons," Janie held out her hand for him to shake. He took it in his.

"Earl please," He nodded. "The room is open."

"Then I'm Janie." Janie smiled. She followed JC into the back room of the bar. JC set his guitar case down on the table and sat down.

"You can sit down," JC nodded. She sat down next to him and looked around the small room.

"What time do you go on?"

"9:15," He answered opening the case and pulled the stringed instrument. JC started to tune it. Janie watched as he prepped for his performance, in forty-five minutes. He concentrated on playing the right notes and loosening up. He hadn't practiced any of his stuff since Janie showed up.

After fifteen minutes of silence, except for the guitar, JC spoke up, "Will you get me a drink?" He asked not even looking up. Janie stood up.

"What do you want?" She asked.

"Anything is fine with me." He shrugged. She walked out of the room.

=====

JC approached the ticket counter at the LA airport. He had decided at the last minute to fly out to Pennsylvania for the party that weekend. Jacob was sound asleep in his arms, and JC held him close.

"How may I help you today sir?" The lady who was working the ticket counter asked.

"I need two tickets out to Pittsburg. As soon as possible please." He answered.

"The earliest I have is 6:45." She said after a minute of typing on her computer.

JC looked at his watch, "That'll have to do." It would be an hour wait, "What is the arrival time?"

"3:45 eastern." She answered. "Do you still want to book it?"

"Yes please." JC used his free arm to pull out his wallet. Jacob shifted for a minute and settled again. He set it on the counter and pulled out his bank card. JC answered the questions she asked and signed the receipt she handed him.

"Daddy?" Jacob mumbled quietly.

"I'm right here buddy," JC put his card back his wallet and picked up the two tickets she had printed. "Thanks," He nodded. After putting the papers in his pocket, he brought his hand up to cover Jacob's eyes from the bright overhead lights.

His hold on the boy tightened as he walked through the empty airport looking for the gate. After he found it, JC sat down and got comfortable for the wait. Jacob snuggled closer to his father and sighed.

=====

"Where we going?" Jacob asked watching his father grab the backpack from the overhead compartment. He stood on the ground looking up. JC looked down at him after throwing the bag over his shoulder.

"We are going to a friend of mines." He leaned over and picked up Jacob so he wouldn't have to keep up. JC walked off of the plane.

"See Janie?" The little boy asked. Jake had been asking about her since he had met her a month ago.

"Yeah we are going to see Janie." JC smiled and waved down a taxi.

"Cool," Jacob smiled. JC set him down on the ground and helped him get in the car before getting in himself. He set the backpack down on the seat in between them.

"Where to sir?" The driver asked.

"Here's the address," He handed him the slip of paper. Jacob was watching all of the people walk in and out of the airport. JC reached over and grabbed the seatbelt; he pulled it over Jacob's shoulder and snapped it into place. The little boy groaned and put the shoulder strap behind him.

He sat back in his seat and put his seatbelt on as the driver pulled away from the curb. JC closed his eyes and took a few breaths to calm his nerves. Jacob turned to his Dad and smiled.

"So'k Daddy," He grinned.

JC opened his eyes and smiled at his son, "I know." The rest of the trip was ridden in silence. As the car turned into the neighborhood, JC took in the sight of the moderate sized houses with big yards. The car slowed to a stop behind another vehicle parked in front.

One of the plates read ‘Tennessee.'

"Here you are. It will be $22.37." The driver put the car in park and turned around. JC pulled out his wallet and handed him twenty-five dollars. Jacob had already unbuckled his seatbelt and was now sitting on JC's lap.

"Keep the change," JC opened the door and had Jacob get out. JC got out. He grabbed the bag and put it over his shoulder. There was a lot of noise coming from the back, so JC closed the door and walked around the other side.

Jacob held onto JC's hand swinging it back and forth as the walked into the back yard. JC could see everyone sitting out on the deck talking with one another.

"Janie!" Jacob yelled and dropped his Dad's hand.

Reunion by Christine

June 2014

"Justin!"

Justin looked up from where he was taking the carrier off of its base. He waved at Janie who was making her way down the front walk and towards the car. Britney walked around the van with Natalie's hand in hers.

"Where's Chris?" He asked and set the carrier down on the ground. Caleb stayed asleep through this all. He grabbed the bag with Caleb's stuff in it and threw that over his shoulder, before reaching for the handle and slamming the door shut.

"He's inside freaking out still," Janie answered with a laugh. "How was your trip out?" She wrapped her arms around him in a hug.

"Look at you," Justin looked her up and down. "It was way too long." He leaned over and picked up the carrier. The four of them started up the walk.

"How are you doing Britney?" Janie asked.

"I am tired and glad to be out of that van," She answered. Janie laughed. "Like Justin said, it was too long of a drive."

"Well let's get in," Janie started. Chris stepped out of the house just as they came up the front steps. Britney took Caleb from Justin, and smiled while the two of them hugged.

"It is really good to see you," Chris patted his back as they pulled away from each other.

"I know, man," Justin nodded, "It's been way to long."

"Who's the princess?" Chris asked with a laugh. He kneeled down in front of Natalie.

"Natalie," The three-year old held out her hand and Chris shook it. "And that's Caleb." She pointed at the baby boy who lay sleeping in the car seat.

"I'm Chris," He shook her small hand and then stood back up, "very cute." Justin laughed and grabbed the carrier from Britney.

"Well let's go in," Janie opened the front door and led them inside. They walked into the family room and Janie introduced the two boys who were watching TV. "That's Andrew and Randall. I think James is upstairs pouting. Can I get you guys anything to drink?"

"No thanks." Britney answered.

"Dr. Pepper if you have it," Justin answered, "Natalie do you want anything?"

"No," She shook her head. Janie walked into the kitchen to get Justin his drink.

"Why don't you guys take Natalie outside and show her the play set," Chris said. The two didn't make a move to go so he walked over to the TV and shut it off. "Go." Justin set the carrier down on the coffee table and sat down on the couch. Britney sat down next to him.

"Come on Natalie," Andrew grabbed her hand and pulled her towards the kitchen.  

"So how was the drive?" Chris asked after Janie had come in with Justin's drink. She sat down in the chair.

"It wasn't too bad," Justin paused, "but there was a period of time there were all Caleb did was scream." Chris laughed. "Is that Lance?" Justin asked looking out the front window.

Sure enough, Lance and his family were making it up the front steps. Chris walked towards the front door. As Justin stood up he accidentally bumped into the coffee table, and woke Caleb up.

"I'll get him," Britney waved Justin off when he was about to pick him up. "Go say hi to Lance." She reached over and picked Caleb up before his cries could get to out of control.

"Thanks," Justin walked back into the foyer just as Chris was pulling the front door open.

"Hey guys," Lance said, "what's going on?"

"Not much yet," Chris smiled and hugged him. He nodded at Lance's wife and two daughters. Justin and Lance hugged before Lance introduced his family.

"This is Alison," He put his arm around her. "Alison this is Chris and Justin."

"Nice to meet you," Chris shook her hand. Janie walked up behind him and he turned around, "This is Janie. Janie, Alison."

"Hi," Janie said, "How are you doing Lance?" She gave him a hug.

"Good," He smiled. "These are the girls Elizabeth and Lauren." Britney came into the foyer with Caleb still in her arms crying. "Britney," Lance nodded, "this is Alison."

"Hello," She looked over at Janie. "Do you have some place I can go, that's quiet?"

"Yeah," Janie nodded, "You can put him down in the nursery."

"Great," Britney walked back into the other room and picked up Caleb's bag. She followed Janie up the stairs.

"Where are your kids Chris?" Lance asked as they stepped into the family room.

"James is upstairs avoiding everyone. Andrew and Randall are outside with Natalie." He answered, "Do you want to go outside and play Elizabeth?" Elizabeth nodded and he took her out to the back yard.

"Is anybody home?" They heard Joey yell from the foyer.

"Joey! Don't you know how to knock?" Janie yelled as she came down the stairs. She wrapped her arms around him in a hug.

"You know I don't." He laughed and kissed her cheek. "Lookin' good miss Janie."

"Yeah right," She laughed. "How are you doing Kelly?"

"I'm good." Kelly yawned, "A little tired but glad to be here finally. It's all Joey has talked about for the past month and a half." Janie laughed and pulled them into the living room where everyone was reacquainted or introduced again.

"If you guys want you can go outside and play," Janie told Michael and McKenna. "The backyard is right through the kitchen there," She pointed towards the kitchen door. The two of them took off through there.

A few hours later they had all made it outside where Chris was in charge of cooking the hamburgers and hotdogs. Janie had made herself comfortable at the table and was talking with everyone who was there.

"Janie!" She looked up when she heard her name and smiled seeing the little boy run over to the deck and up the steps. Janie stood up and he wrapped his arms around her legs.

"Hey Jake," she bent over and wrapped her arms around him. "How are you?"

"Missed you," he said quietly.

"Oh I missed you too," Janie smiled. "Where's your Daddy?" She looked up when he pointed out towards the yard. "Josh you come up here and say ‘hi' to everyone!" Her voice was loud across the yard. He hesitated for a minute and then headed towards the deck.

"You came," Janie wrapped her arms around him in a hug. "It's nice to see you. Now you say ‘hi' to the boys while I run inside for a minute. Jacob would you like to come and get a drink?"

"Yes," He nodded and grabbed onto her hand. The two of them went inside.

"What's up man?" Justin asked coming over to his friend. It had been over eight years and the two hugged. "It's good to see you. You still in the studio?" JC nodded his answer. "Cool. We'll have to get together then."

"How have you been?" Chris looked up from the grill and over at him.

"Fine," He answered. "I'm sorry guys." They knew what he was talking about and accepted the apology.

"Not a problem," Joey slapped his back, "we all survived didn't we?"

"I guess so," JC shrugged with a laugh.

"Chris you're about to burn the hotdogs," Justin laughed. He turned back to the grill.

"Oh shush ..." Chris laughed and looked down at the grill. He picked up the tongs from the side of the grill and picked each one up; then set them on the serving plate. He did the same with the burgers.

"So where did you come from JC?" Lance asked.

"LA." He answered.

"There are drinks in the cooler over there," Chris pointed towards the ice chest in the corner, "and dinner is served." He picked up plate and moved it to the table where Janie had set up the plastic dishes and other foods for their meal.

JC walked over to the cooler and pulled out a can of soda just as Janie and Jacob stepped out of the kitchen and onto the deck.

"What did you get to drink?" JC asked Jacob. Jacob held up the silver Capri Sun drink and showed his Dad. "Cool." JC opened his drink and took a sip of it, before setting it down on the table.

"Everyone come and get it!" Chris yelled out towards the yard.

"Chris fix Randall's plate for him," Janie stated and sat down at the table. Chris waved her off. When Randall was sent over to him, he picked up a plate.  

"Do you want to eat Jacob?" JC looked down at his son. Jacob nodded. "All right," He picked the little boy up and walked over to the table.

"What have you been doing lately?" Chris asked JC as he made a plate for Randall. "Help me out here big guy. What do you want to eat?"

"I want that," Randall pointed to the bowl of potato salad.

"Potato salad?" Chris asked shocked, "You don't like that. How about this pasta salad and a hotdog?" Randall nodded his answer.

"Janie didn't tell you?" He asked and Chris shrugged. "I have my studio and am working with a local band. I also play at a bar Tuesday nights."

"Sounds like fun." Chris smiled and scooped up some of the pasta and put it on the plate for Randall. Randall pointed to the bag of potato chips and Chris put some of those on his plate. 

"It is," JC answered as he picked up a plate. "Do you want a hamburger or hotdog?"

"Hotdog," Jacob answered.

Chris finished serving Randall and led the little boy over to the table. He pulled an extra chair over to where Janie was sitting and let him sit down. "Do you want me to get you something?" He asked.

"I'm not hungry right now, so I am going to wait." Janie answered. "Will you get James though?" Chris nodded and headed inside.

"So what are you doing now?" JC asked Joey. He put a handful of chips on the plate.

"Working on movies and hanging out with the kids," Joey answered. "I am back and forth between Orlando and LA."

JC nodded, "You should drop in sometime. I'm pretty much by myself since Jacob is with his Mom on the weekdays."

"You aren't married?" Lance asked.

"I was just for two years." He shrugged and turned around to go sit down. JC sat down with Jacob on his lap.

"So what band are you working with?" Justin asked as he pulled up a chair.

"The band is called Sure Drop," JC answered and bit into the hotdog before holding it for Jacob to take a bite. "They are actually a Christian pop-punk band. Nothing like what I am used to doing, but it is fun."

"That's good," Justin nodded and bit into his burger. He chewed thoughtfully.

"Justin will you take Caleb?" Britney walked over to him with the crying baby boy. "Natalie is being picky." Justin took the baby from her and sat him on his knee. He bounced him up and down a little bit. Britney walked away.

"So how is your career going for you?" JC asked, "I've been to some of your shows and have the CD's. It's good stuff."

"Juice Daddy," Jacob reached for the Capri Sun and JC handed it to him.

"I'm working on some new stuff. I'm looked for people to work with so ..." Justin hinted with his eyes.

"I'll think about it," JC nodded. Justin smiled and adjusted Caleb so his head was resting on his shoulder.

=====

"All right, we'll see you guys tomorrow morning at nine!" Chris waved from the front door. He closed it tight when everyone had gotten to their cars and were pulling out.

"Where are you staying at Josh?" Janie asked. He and Jacob were still there and it was already late. She yawned and watched as Chris got James, Andrew, and Randall off to bed, or at least upstairs.

"I don't know," he shrugged. "I didn't think that far in advance when I left."

"Well we don't have any extra rooms, and Chris would kill me if I volunteered us to give up our bed." She laughed, "So the couch is open to you and Jacob. Or you can put Jacob in Andrew and Randall's room."

"He'll be fine on the couch," JC peaked into the living room where Jacob was already crashed out. "Are you sure though? We can get a hotel still."

"Its fine," Janie waved him off. "I am going to run upstairs and get you and Jacob some pillows and blankets."

"Thanks," he watched as she disappeared up the steps to get the stuff for them. JC walked into the living room and leaned over to pull Jacob's tennis shoes off of his feet. He set them on the floor, and moved Jacob's feet so they weren't hanging off of the couch. JC sat down and took his socks and shoes off too.

Chris and Janie came back down the stairs. Chris set the pillows that he was carrying on the couch and then left the room to make sure the doors were locked for the night. Janie set the blanket and sheet down on the coffee table. She picked up the sheet and started to unfold it so she could lay it out.

"Don't worry about it," he grabbed it from her. "Just go to bed."

"Okay," Janie gave in. "I will try to be quiet in the morning." JC smiled and nodded. "Good night Josh."

"Night," JC watched her walk out of the room and back up the stairs. Chris came back through the room a few minutes later before disappearing to where Janie had gone minutes before.

JC put a pillow on one end of the couch and picked up the sleeping boy. He lay down with Jacob in his arms and reached over to pick up the sheet Janie had started to unfold. He pulled it over the two of them and reached up to turn out the light.

=====

"Jacob you can sit right here," Janie pulled out one of the chairs at the kitchen table. She helped him up onto the seat that was next to Randall's. Her boy's were already eating their pancakes and eggs that she made them for breakfast. "Do you want milk or orange juice?"

"Milk," Jacob answered. He watched her walk around the counter and pour him a small glass of milk. She put a pancake and some eggs on a plate and walked back to the table where she set it down in front of him.

"Eat it all up," Janie smiled and kissed his forehead. "James do you want some more eggs?" She looked up at her oldest son.

"Yes," James answered and handed her his plate. Janie took his plate and walked back over to the stove. This was the scene JC walked in on that morning, and he couldn't help but smile.

"Hi Daddy," Jacob grinned. He had the syrup bottle completely upside-down and was squeezing it hard. JC moved fast to grab it before the sticky substance poured off the plate.

"I think that's enough," JC laughed and wiped his finger over the cap to get the excess syrup off. He licked his finger while running his other hand through Jacob's short hair.

"Good morning Josh," Janie smiled, "Give this to James please." She handed him the plate and turned back to the stove where she was making more pancakes. JC handed the plate to James who set it on the table. "There is coffee in the pot. And if you are hungry the plates are on the counter. Help yourself."

"Thanks," JC nodded and grabbed a mug from next to the coffee pot. He helped himself to a cup. "Is this all you do?" He watched her pour batter into the pan in three different spots and then move across the kitchen to cut up some fruit.

"Well I have to feed ... how many people?" She counted in her head, "twenty including myself." JC shook his head. "It's a good thing I don't have morning sickness anymore or no one would be eating." Janie laughed and looked down at the cutting board. She sliced into an orange.

"Chris is in the shower. He should be down in twenty minutes and then I will send you up." She smiled, "You can use our bathroom, and I will have Chris get you a shirt or something." Janie covered her mouth and yawned for a second.

"Do you know what we are doing today?" JC asked and reached for a plate.

"Tee time at ten," Janie answered, "for you guys, and us girls and kiddos are just going to hang out here. Do you want some pancakes?"

"Sure," he responded with a nod. JC was getting confused with how she managed to keep up with everything at once. He held his plate for her to put some pancakes on that were warming in the oven.

"How many?" She asked, "Do you boys want anything else to eat? We have plenty of food."

"Three please," JC answered. He shook his head and watched her use the tongs to set them on his plate.

"Have something else too," Janie shut the oven door and hung the tongs on its pull. She flipped the three that were in the pan and walked back over to the cutting board. JC still stood in the middle of the kitchen in a daze.

"She's amazing. Isn't she?" Chris' voice traveled across the room. Janie blushed from where she stood with the knife and orange in her hands. JC watched Chris walk over to her and wrap his arms around her. He kissed her cheek.

"That was fast," she smiled and put the orange slices in a bowl. "Now you get some food. JC get some eggs and fruit and sit down at the table." Chris laughed when she pushed him away and walked to the fridge. "What do you guys want to drink?"

"Janie I want you to sit down," Chris put his arm around her and led her to the table to sit down.

"But the pancakes Chr-" She started to stand up again and he made her sit back down.

"I can take care of them," Chris kissed her, "What do you want to eat?"

"I already ate something." Janie smiled up at him.

"Good," he moved over to the fridge, "What do you want to drink JC?"

"Anything is fine with me," JC shrugged and stood at the counter putting some of the cut up fruit onto his plate. He moved over to the table and picked up Jacob before sitting down in the chair Jacob was on. The little boy didn't protest at all.

"Morning," Justin walked into the kitchen like he owned the place. Caleb was in his carrier and Britney followed with Natalie.

"Hi," Janie smiled. "I don't remember letting you in." She grinned at the look on his face. "Help yourselves to the food. Can I hold Caleb?" Janie asked when Justin set his seat down on the floor by the table.

"Yeah," Justin answered and reached for a plate on the counter. "When do we need to leave Chris?" He asked and snuck a grape from the fruit bowl.

"In an hour ... umm ... 9:40," Chris answered. He put the pancakes in the pan on his plate and turned around, "You are early." He observed.

"I figured it might take awhile to eat with everyone here. So I thought I would start early," He grinned.

"I don't know how he still eats so much," Britney sighed. "What do you want to eat Natalie?"

"I'm a growing boy," Justin smiled.

"Yeah right there." Chris laughed and poked at his stomach. Justin scowled playfully and threatened to throw an orange slice at Chris' head.

"Not in my kitchen!" Janie yelled. She looked back down at Caleb and straightened the pacifier in his mouth. She kissed the little boy's head. "JC whenever you are ready you can go upstairs and use the shower. Chris will get you a shirt to wear today."

"Thanks," JC smiled.

The other guys and their families showed up within the next fifteen minutes. They had a noisy breakfast while they finalized their plans for that day. The families were going to meet later that night for dinner at a restaurant and then head back to Chris' house for a surprise.

=====

"So what do you guys think?" Justin asked leaning against his golf club. They were halfway through the course and it was early afternoon.

"What do we think about what?" JC asked setting up his golf ball on the tee. He lined up his shot and swung the club a few times first. JC lifted the club a final time and swung it; making contact with the small white ball.

"I'm thinking a concert. Not a tour. Just one concert," Justin finished his thought. They started to walk towards where the first ball landed.

"I don't think so," JC shook his head disapprovingly.

"It'd be fun," Chris said.

"We could probably do HBO or Pay-Per-View to broadcast it too," Lance started.

"I'm not so sure guys," JC said. He stopped walking and the other guys did too. They all looked around at each other. "It's not that I don't want to. I just ... I think that if we do this it'll turn into a new CD, promotions and lots of press. I don't want to deal with everything that comes with one concert."

"You don't have to do it all. We can cover the promos and press-" Justin started.

"And a new record might be fun to do," Joey cut him off.

"I'm up for it," Chris said, "Janie might kill me, but I'd do it."

"If you are dead, we aren't going to get very far," Justin laughed and started walking again. "Which is understandable, I don't think Brit would be too happy about it right now, especially with Caleb and I think ... maybe it is a bad idea." He nearly had himself talked out of his own idea.

"No no no. We can at least think about it and discuss it. It would be fun guys," Chris said enthusiastically. "Even with the new baby on his way I am sure Janie would be happy to help."

"She does everything for you," JC started, "doesn't she?" He sounded a little disgusted. "She cooks, she cleans, she has your kids, she raises them, and she probably planned this whole thing too."

Chris glared at the younger man. He watched as JC threw his club onto the ground and storm off.

"Shit," He cursed under his breath. The guys watched as Chris turned and kept going towards the green. Justin shrugged and reached over to pick up the club. He looked at the other two guys who were still there, glanced at JC, and followed Chris. Justin had to jog to catch up to Chris.

"Do you know what his problem is?" Justin asked.

"His problem," Chris stopped at where his ball landed. He hit it angrily and the ball only flew a few feet. Chris took three more steps and hit the ball again. He growled in frustration, "His problem ... is that he loves Janie. And he asked her years ago if she'd go on a date with him." Chris hit the stupid white ball again and it finally made it onto the green.

"And you know what she said?" Chris asked but didn't wait for an answer, "No. She said no and he hates me because I got the girl he wanted."

"Is this the reason why none of us have seen each other for eight years?" Justin asked curiously. Lance and Joey had caught up with them by now and were anxiously awaiting his answer.

"No," Chris answered harshly. The three of them let out the collective breath they had been holding. "I didn't date her until six months after. I don't know why he stormed out of the studio so many years ago ... I just don't know. And I don't think I want to know." Chris picked out his putter and walked over to his ball. "Let's just finish the game and let him cool off." He hit the ball and it went in.

They finished their game a few hours later and walked out to the SUV they came in. JC was sitting on the hood of the truck and jumped off when Chris opened the doors. He climbed into the back corner and buckled his seatbelt without saying anything. They all piled into the vehicle and Chris drove them to the restaurant they were supposed to meet at.

"How was golf?" Janie asked Chris. She was sitting on a bench outside waiting for the guys to get there. Everyone else was inside waiting.

"It was fine." Chris helped her stand up and kissed her quickly.

"We will talk later." She said noticing the tone in his voice. "Everyone is inside at the table. So let's get in." Janie looped her arm through Chris' and the group of six walked into the restaurant. She led them to a private room and they all sat down. They made it through dinner without any other incidents and quiet conversation.

=====

"I put this together for you guys," Janie said as she put the DVD in the player. "I hope that you enjoy it."

"Is this what you were all secretive about?" Chris asked her as she hit ‘play' and moved to sit down next to him on the couch.

"Yes," Janie nodded her head and snuggled closer to him. "It should be fun." The DVD ended up being footage from their days together as a band. It showcased most of the good times and even some of the bad times. The kids seemed to enjoy seeing their Dad's in the past. The guys even had a good time making fun of them selves and reliving some of these things. 

"Thanks for doing that Janie," Justin said.

"Not a problem. I had fun," Janie smiled. "Why don't we let the kids watch a movie or something and go sit outside and talk?" She stood up and looked over at James, "Pick out a movie that everyone can watch."

"I will," He groaned and stood up. Janie walked out of the room and into the kitchen. She got out some snacks and drinks while the guys and their wives made their way out back. After heading outside she set the tray down on the table and sat next to Chris on the bench he had pulled up.

"So Justin brought up the idea of doing a concert," Chris didn't even hesitate to bring up this topic. He looked over at JC to see his reaction. JC didn't even flinch and Chris was beginning to wonder if he was just ignoring him completely.

"That would be a nice thing to do for your fans," Britney nodded, "especially since you guys just sort of faded into oblivion."

"It would be," Janie smiled, "I would be willing to help out with it. After this baby is born though, but I would love to help." She frowned when she saw JC get up and walk into the house. Janie started to stand up and Chris stopped her.

"Leave him alone," Chris started, "that's why-"

"Chris let me go," She shrugged him off and stood up. The group watched her disappear inside after JC.

"Are you happy Janie?" JC asked. He knew it was her from the moment the sliding glass door closed. JC turned around and looked at her.

"Yes I am," Janie started, "why wouldn't I be?"

"Do you think it would have been different if you did go out on a date with me?" He asked quietly and leaned against the kitchen counter. Janie moved to sit on the stool.

"Of course it would have been different," Janie said, "you know that. Why are you asking me?"

JC shrugged.

"All I've seen you do this weekend is cook and clean and take care of Chris and your kids," he started, "and you just volunteered to help with a huge undertaking."

"I love what I do Josh. I always have. I love cooking for my family. I love taking care of my kids and of Chris. And I hate to say this, but I even love cleaning up after them all. This is my job now," she smiled, "and seeing him happy is why I do these things. It's why I spent several hours finding you guys, calling you, making arrangements for everyone, flying out to LA to see you, making you all dinner and breakfast. I like seeing every one of you happy. That's what I live for," Janie watched him pick up spatula and play with it in between his fingers. It was a few minutes before either of them spoke up.

"Why don't you want to do the concert?" Janie knew that was what was bothering him. He moved over to the counter she was sitting at, but stayed on the opposite side.

"I'm afraid I might hurt the guys again," JC said quietly.

"You won't," she assured him, "I know you won't." Janie put her hand over his. "They forgave you Josh, and they want to work with you. And I know you want to work with them again." She squeezed his hand and let go. "It'll be fine."

"Are you sure?" He asked hesitantly.

"Of course," Janie smiled, "and you know why?"

"Why?" JC smiled.

"Because you guys have me to baby you," she stood up, "and I would do anything to see Chris happy, to see you happy, and to see the other guys happy. Now let's go tell everyone that you are in." Janie walked around the counter and grabbed his hand before pulling him back towards the glass door.

Concert by Christine

September 2014

Their wives had herded the kids out of the room to give the guys about an hour to themselves. So far all they had really done was stretch out on the couches and chat and it was now thirty minutes before show time.

Chris reached into his pocket and pulled out a hackey sack. He tossed it onto the coffee table and got a few looks from some of the guys.

"What? My boys like to play," He explained with a shrug.

"Let's go," Justin stood up quickly and reached for the hackey sack. Chris got up too and started to follow Justin to the door.

"It is tradition guys. Get up." Chris grinned. Justin opened the door and laughed hearing the three other guys groan but stand up anyway. They walked out the door behind Justin and Chris.

They moved out into the relatively empty hallway and stood around. Justin dropped the small sack and kicked it towards Lance. Lance just barely missed it, but it went in the direction of Joey who did miss it.

"We still suck," JC laughed. They stood in the hallway for another twenty minutes before the small bag got around the circle. The group of guys moved towards the side of the stage where Janie was waiting for them.

Chris gave her a kiss right away and kept his arms around her.

"Are you ready to introduce us?" He asked.

"Yes," Janie smiled. "I want to watch, but I think I am just going to hang out back here incase Jenna needs help with Micah." She said concerned about their one-month old.

"I think he'll be fine," Chris let go of her when the sound-guy handed him his microphone and in-ears.

"I don't want to take a chance," Janie started. "And if you guys are going to pull us onstage ..." Chris waved her off with a laugh and got himself all hooked up as did the other guys.

"Two minutes Janie."

"Okay," She nodded towards the stage hand that was near them. "You guys will be awesome. I peaked and it looks like a great crowd." Janie smiled at the five.

"Well that's always good," Justin said.

"Good luck guys," She gave them all hugs and a kiss on the cheek before grabbing her microphone and walking out onstage.

"Good evening," Janie started and smiled out at the audience. The crowed clapped and cheered. The guys had voted her to introduce them since she had been their PR at one point in time. "I am just going to introduce myself quickly, I'm Janie Kirkpatrick, and at one point was *N Sync's PR person and now I am married to Chris." There were some cheers.

"I want to give you ladies ... and gentlemen a fair warning. They are older, so don't expect the same moves or anything," Janie laughed along with the crowd. "It is still going to be a great show and I hope that you all enjoy it. As much as I know the guys will. So let's go ahead and bring them out now, here's *N Sync; Justin, Chris, Joey, Lance and JC."

The crowd got to their feet as the lights went down and the opening to Pop started. Janie clapped and walked off to the opposite side that the guys would be coming from. The lights came back on as Justin started singing the first verse.

Sick and tired of hearin' all these people talk about
What's the deal with this pop life
and when is it gonna fade out?
The thing you got to realize is
What we're doing is not a trend
We got the gift of melody
We gonna bring it 'til the end
Come on now...

"Evening everybody," Joey yelled into his mike after the song had ended. "Well welcome to the ..." He scratched his head as if he had forgotten what the concert was called.

"The Reunion Concert," Justin filled in for him and rolled his eyes. There were a few screams in the audience and Justin laughed. "Well thanks ... I guess it's good to know that some of us still look good and remember things ..."

Joey shook his head and playfully punched Justin in the arm.

"We aren't as old as you'd like to think," Chris started.

"All right guys let's move on," Lance turned to the band and signaled for them to start playing again.

It's tearin' up my heart when I'm with you
But when we are apart, I feel it too
And no matter what I do, I feel the pain
with or without you

(hey...yeah)
Baby I don't understand
Just why we can't be lovers
Things are getting out of hand
Trying too much, but baby we can't win

They immediately went into I Want You Back after Tearin' Up My Heart and were happy with the response they got from the crowd for that one. No Strings Attached followed.

"All right we are going to slow it down for a second," JC said. "We are glad you could make it out tonight." The crowd cheered. The other four guys grabbed the five stools that were back by the band and set them up at the front of the stage.

"We are also going to see how well this will work out," JC laughed and looked off to the side of the stage. Britney and Janie were standing there with five of the guys kids. Britney straightened Natalie's pigtails.

"Are ya'll ready?" Justin asked and looked off to the side of the stage. He could barely make out Janie's nod. Justin waved them on stage and Janie pointed Andrew in the right direction.

The five kids walked out onto the stage while the audience clapped for them. The got up on the stools that their dads had set out.

"All right what's your name sweetie?" Justin asked Natalie. He moved the microphone that was in her hands up to her mouth.

"Daddy you already know my name," Natalie giggled into the microphone. The people in the crowd snickered too.

"Tell everybody else," He said.

"K," She smiled up at him, "Natalie." She was certainly the more outgoing one of the group of kids.

"Andrew," Chris' boy mumbled into his mike. Chris laughed at his ‘enthusiasm.'

McKenna ran out onto the stage before Kelly could stop her. She smiled apologetically when Joey looked up at her. He picked up the little girl and kissed her cheek. "Say your name," Joey had grabbed Michael's microphone real quick.

"McKenna," She giggled.

Joey handed the object back to Michael and he said his name for the crowd.

"Elizabeth," Lance's daughter said quietly. She was the shyest one out of the kids.

"And this is Jacob," JC introduced his son. "He is a little shy." JC had moved to sit down on the stool with Jacob in his lap since the boy wouldn't stay seated.

"So this next song is for our kids, not all of them are out here though," Justin said and looked over at the guys. "Are you ready?" They nodded and he turned to the band. The band started to play the music to God Must Have Spent.

Can this be true?
Tell me, can this be real?
How can I put into words what I feel?
My life was complete
I thought I was whole
Why do I feel like I'm losing control?
I never thought that love could feel like this
and you've changed my world with just one kiss.
How can it be that right here with me
there's an angel?
It's a miracle...

Natalie sang a long with her Dad for most of his parts, and Joey's kids pitched in a little bit too. After the song had ended, the kids were sent backstage and the guys started another slow song, I Drive Myself Crazy. To pick up the pace after that they sang It's Gonna Be Me.

Four more songs followed those three: Just The Two of Us, Girlfriend, Fallen, and Music of My Heart.

"Ladies," Chris looked over to the side of the stage. He waved them on and Janie rolled her eyes as she followed Kelly onto the stage. The cheers grew when Britney came on stage and stood by Justin. JC stepped back by the band, to let the guys sing to their girls.

"These are our girls here," Justin smiled at Britney and kissed her cheek. Joey and Lance introduced Kelly and Alison before Justin spoke again. "And these next two songs are for them. So grab your wife or husband ..."

When the visions around you,
Bring tears to your eyes
And all that surround you,
Are secrets and lies
I'll be your strength,
I'll give you hope,
Keeping your faith when it's gone
The one you should call,
Was standing here all along..

And I will take
You in my arms
And hold you right where you belong
Till the day my life is through
This I promise you
This I promise you

Chris wrapped an arm around Janie's waist. His front was pressed to her back and they swayed back and forth. Joey sang JC's part since he had opted to sit out for these songs. They finished This I Promise You and started to sing For the Girl Who Has Everything.

You drive a pretty car - you know how fine you are
And nobody needs to say it.. no way...
They love the clothes you wear - they compliment you and I
Just love the way you play it...

But the only thing you dream of - money can't buy for you...
Ohh...
And in my dreams I make your wish come true

For the girl who has everything
I bring you love
I bring you love
Cause the girl who has everything can't get enough
Of my love

Justin grabbed Britney's left hand and managed to point at her wedding ring. She laughed at him and rolled her eyes. The guys finished and gave each of the girls a kiss before they walked off of the stage.

The next songs they did included: I'll Be Good For You, Space Cowboy, Up Against the Wall, Digital Get Down, It Makes Me Ill, and Something Like You.

"All right this next song, brings back many memories for us guys," JC stated. "It was the first song we learned to do together and means a lot." The five stood at the front of the stage.

Ohh... Ohh... Ohh...

She was my once in a lifetime
Happy ending come true
Ohhhhh I, guess I should have told her
I thought she knew
She said I took her for granted
That's the last thing I would do
Oh I'll never understand it
I thought she knew

I thought she knew my world revolved around her
My love light burned for her alone
But she couldn't see the flame
Only myself to blame
I should have known
I should have known

A heart full of words left unspoken
Now that we're through
I'd sell my soul to have this silence broken
Oh I thought she knew (I thought she knew)

I thought she knew my world revolved around her
My love light burned for her alone
But she couldn't see the flame
Only myself to blame
I should have known
I should have known

She was my once in a lifetime
Happy ending come true
Woahhh I guess I should have told her

But I thought she knew (I thought she knew)
I thought she knew (I thought she knew)
I thought she knew (I thought she knew)
Ohhhhh I thought that she knew

"We have one more song for you guys," Justin said at the end. "Thank you so much for coming out tonight to our concert. It really means a lot to us even after all these years. You guys were great."

There's a thousand words that I could say
To make you come home
Oh, seems so long ago you walked away
Left me alone
I remember what you said to me
You were acting so strange
and maybe I was too blind to see
That you needed a change

"Thanks for coming out," Joey waved after the song ended. The guys filed off stage and waited for a few minutes while the crowd's cheers got louder for an encore. They came out for their encore and began with Do Your Thing.

"Thanks again," Justin said as the opening cords to Bye Bye Bye began.

(Hey, Hey)
Bye, Bye, Bye
Bye, Bye...
Bye, Bye...
Oh, Oh...

I'm doin' this tonight,
You're probably gonna start a fight.
I know this can't be right.
Hey baby come on,
I loved you endlessly,
When you weren't there for me.
So now it's time to leave and make it alone
I know that I can't take no more
It ain't no lie
I wanna see you out that door
Baby, bye, bye, bye...

Bye Bye
Don't wanna be a fool for you
Just another player in your game for two
You may hate me but it ain't no lie,
Baby, bye, bye, bye...
Bye Bye
Don't really wanna make it tough,
I just wanna tell you that I had enough.
It might sound crazy,
But it ain't no lie,
Baby, bye, bye, bye

(Oh, Oh)
Just hit me with the truth,
Now, girl you're more than welcome to.
So give me one good reason,
Baby come on
I live for you and me,
And now I really come to see,
That life would be much better once you're gone.

I know that I can't take no more
It ain't no lie,
I wanna see you out that door
Baby, bye, bye, bye...
Bye Bye
Don't wanna be a fool for you
Just another player in your game for two
You may hate me but it ain't no lie,
Baby Bye, bye, bye...
Bye Bye
Don't really wanna make it tough,
I just wanna tell you that I had enough (ooh ooh)
It might sound crazy,
But it ain't no lie,
Baby, bye, bye, bye

I'm giving up I know for sure
I don't wanna be the reason for your love no more
Bye Bye
I'm checkin' out
I'm signin' off
Don't wanna be the loser and I've had enough

Don't wanna be your fool
In this game for two
So I'm leavin' you behind
Bye, bye, bye...

I don't wanna make it tough (wanna make it tough)
But I had enough
And it ain't no lie (Bye, bye baby...)
Bye, Bye
Don't wanna be a fool for you
Just another player in your game for two (I don't wanna be your fool)
But it ain't no lie
Baby bye, bye, bye...

Don't really wanna make it tough (don't really wanna make it tough),
I just wanna tell you that I had enough (that I had enough).
Might sound crazy,
But it ain't no lie,
Bye, bye, bye

The five members of *N Sync took their final bow before running off the stage. They got to the dressing room where their wives and kids were waiting for them. It was a bunch of hugs, kisses, and talking for almost an hour before they even started to unwind.

JC was sitting on the couch with Jacob in his lap and watching the activity around him quietly.

"Thanks guys," he said when the noise level died down.

This story archived at http://nsync-fiction.com/archive/viewstory.php?sid=804