Elbow Grease by Melon
Summary:

Destiny Chasley gets what she wants when she wants it. Her time is valuable so please don't waste it. J's not for the bullshit. And if there is one thing he can't stand it's a prisspot. You know the type, someone who gets what they want when they want. So what happens when these two cross paths?


Categories: In Progress Het Stories Characters: Justin Timberlake
Awards: None
Genres: Romance
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: No Word count: 2573 Read: 1229 Published: Mar 31, 2008 Updated: Mar 31, 2008

1. Chapter 1 by Melon

Chapter 1 by Melon

Destiny Chasley tapped her feet impatiently as she sat in an old auto repair shop glaring at her poor mercedes. Look at it. Sitting there all busted and smoking. If it wasn't for the love of her poor baby she would not be sitting in this old musty garage for what had now been, TWO HOURS!

"Excuse me!" She barked suddenly reaching her boiling point. She rose up from her tiny chair in the corner and went stomping up to the pudgy man rotating around her car and scratching his chin.

"I said excuse me!" She barked again. The man turned to glare at her and she winced in disgust at his tar matted coveralls.

"I have been here for two hours! It took you an hour and thirty minutes JUST to get to me in the first place! And now all your doing is staring at it! I could have done that!"

"Yes m'am, but you see I need to make sure I have a full understanding of what the problem is before I get started."

"It takes you thirty minutes just to-"

"M'am why don't you have a seat."

"I've BEEN having a seat! I've been sitting for the past two hours! Did you hear me! TWO! My BUTT is tired. You understand!" She twisted her derriere towards him and motioned to it. "See! booty-numbness-no feeeeeling!"

"M'am-"

"I want to speak with your manager."

"I am the manager." The man said pointing to his name tag. It said :J's Auto Repair Manager, Lyle.

"Okay LYLE! Let me speak to the owner. This J person! Where is he?"

"Miss, he's in his office right now and he's kinda busy-"

"JAY!" Destiny screamed stomping pass the manager and through the rest of the shop. She grabbed a wrench and proceded to bang on the tin doors screaming. "JAAAAAAAY! JAY-JAY-JAY-J-J-JAY-JAY!"

"Sssshhhh shh-shh!" The manager shooshed grabbing the wrench from her hand.

"You want me to be quiet then you go get him!"

"Fine!" The manager huffed quite irritated at this point.

"I'll go get him if you go back, have a seat, and wait quietly."

"I'm not making any promises."

With that Destiny twisted on her high heels and marched back to her little chair in the corner. She watched intensely as the manager disappeared to go fetch the owner. Destiny tapped her fingers against her sleeve as she waited. If that was the manager she could only imagine the owner. She was already seeing the male patterend baldness. The beer belly and dirty palms. She could smell the mixture of must and motor oil combining to make one gaggingly horrific funk. And much worse he probablly wouldn't know two screws more than she knew about automobiles. But if there was one thing she did know it was that he had better hurry the hell-

"Yes, m'am how can I help you?"

"Finally! I-"

Destiny stopped dead in her tracks as she had whirled around fully prepared to curse out some old fat grease ball. Instead she found herself face to face with a well toned late twenties figure wearing a baseball cap and peering at her with bright blue eyes. She bit her tongue and noticed the manager staring at the two from behind her car.

"I asked for the OWNER! The OW-NER!" She growled.

"M'am I am the owner." said the figure standing before her.

"You are not!" The man squinted his eyes at her and cocked his head. She must have offended him. "You're J?"

"The one and only."

"But you're too young-"

"How can I help you?" Destiny glared at him for a moment longer letting her brain process for a moment before she felt the rage grow inside of her once again.

"Yes! JAY!" She mocked. "I've been here for two hours! How long does it take to-"

"This your car?" He asked motioning to the mercedes.

"Yes!"

"What's wrong with it?"

"I DON'T KNOW! PORKY OVER HERE HAS YET TO TELL ME!"

"Thanks Lyle." he gestured to Lyle who was becoming extremely frustrated with all the insults. With that the manager walked off leaving the two alone.

"Let's take a look shall we."

"Yes! Lets! Shall!" Destiny insisted. She popped the hood and J glared at the steam still flowing from beneath.

"Well its definitely your radiator."

"Yeah whatever that is just tell me can you fix it or NOT!"

Destiny felt a chill race through her entire body as he raised his head to shoot her a scolding look. She pretended to clear her throat and slowly moved back to her little chair in the corner. She sat quietly for a few minutes as he proceded to examine her radiator.

"You have a gash. Your anti-freeze is leaking." He unscrewed a cap and peeked into a hole. "Yeah, you're almost out."

"And, how long does that take to fix?" Destiny decided to ask in a more calm tone this time.

"Depends. You want me to patch it or replace the whole radiator?"

"Which ones better?"

"Replace the whole radiator."

"Of course the most expensive! You're trying to JIP me!" She stood stiffly with her hands balled into fists. Her brown eyes were buldging with anger.

"You think that just because you see me driving a mercedes I have money and so you wanna scam the little rich girl for all she's worth!" J crossed his arms and leaned up against the car as she continued to explode.

"That's all you people are good for! With your greasy dirty clothes and your big clunky boots!" She fussed motioning to his filthy timberland boots peeking out from beneath his oily jeans. "How is anybody supposed to get anything fixed in a place like this! My time is valuable! And you've wasted too much of it already! With your one letter names and such! Who names there child "J" anyways! I mean where's the rest of it!" "It's Justin." "Well then that's what this shop should be called don't you think! Justin's autoshop! not "Js" auto shop! How stupid! And you know what else-"

"HEY!" Startled by the first time anyone had ever interrupted her during one of her long rants, she jumped.

"WHAT!" She yelled back not knowing any other way to retaliate.

"Do you ever shut up?"

With a short pause and a gasp she continued even louder

"YOU ARE SO RUDE YOU CAN'T JUST WALK AROUND TELLING PEOPLE TO SHUT UP WHERE ARE YOUR MANNERS DON'T YOU HAVE ANY HOME TRAINING DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM!"

"No!" Justin snapped "Aside from being a skinny little loud bitch who decided to roll up into my shop this morning, just who the hell are you?"

"YOUR WORSE NIGHTMARE IF YOU DON'T HAVE THAT MERCEDES FIXED BY THE TIME I GET BACK!"

"And just where do you think you're going?"

"Give me a phone book!"

"For what?"

"I'm calling a cab! I need to go home and put my feet up!" She sniffed at her shirt and wrinkled her forehead. "UGH! And wash the stinch of funk from my clothes, hair, nails, eyeballs, and everywhere else!"

"Yeah well don't forget to wash away some of that stank ass attitude while you're at it! HERE!" He said thunking the large yellow phonebook onto the register desk. He slid the phone next to it and Destiny rolled her eyes as hard as she could at him before retrieving the book. Justin began stomping away when he paused and quickly jerked around.

"Oh! And don't still my phone book! I know how you little rich brats are. All the money in the world, but still get your dumbass kicks out of thieving." She flipped the pages extra hard for his comment as if she were about to rip them out. His eyes turned to slits and he stormed off.

----------------------------------------------------------

Destiny let out a long relaxed sigh as she let her body sink down into the warm bubbly water. "Nothing like a hot bath." She she cooed wiggling her toes. She closed her eyes and listened to the soft sloshing of the water in the tub. With one big squirt she dumped nearly an entire bottle of peach body wash onto herself and proceded to scrub away her stress along with the smell of oil. "Inhale...exhale...inhale...exhale." She coached herself with a grin. "Pure relaxation..."

Suddenly her ringtone bounced off the walls of the bathroom and she groaned. "God, can I have just ONE MEASLY MINUTE!" She yelled reaching for her phone.

"WHAT?!" she answered.

"Ms. Chasley?"

"Yeah what is IT!"

"Lyle, from J's auto."

"Haven't I had enough of you for one day LYLE! What is it? What do you want? How can I help you! Although I don't know why I should because apparently you haven't been able to help me one bit all day! First you can't fix my car! Now you're ruining my bath! You know what, this is terrible customer service. I want a survey! I want a complaint form! I want to tell your boss "J-Jackass" and his boss and his boss'boss and his boss' boss' boss exactly what I think about-"

"How about a medical insurance form?" Suddenly Destiny heard a different voice on the phone. It was none other than the big jackass himself. "Look you," He growled "your car-"

"Better be finished!"

"No!"

"Well then what are we talking about?"

"It's-"

"Goodbye." With that she punched the end call button and tossed her phone to the side. "Peasants." She sighed before sinking back into the tub for a soothing nap.

The next day Destiny pulled up outside of J's autoshop in a bright yellow taxi. She paid the driver and he flew off kicking up dust as he sped back up the dirt road. Destiny with her high heels and Gucci bag dangling from her arm strut into the garage as if she owned it. She could hear the screeching of some high powered tool off in the distance, but she didn't see anyone so she banged on the bell at the register desk.

"HELLOOOOO! THIS IS BAD CUSTOMER SEVICE AGAIN!" She continued banging on the bell until finally a baseball cap appeared.

"That's not a toy."

"Oh! And good morning to you too J!" Destiny beamed overexaggeratedly. She grinned at him wickedly as he wiped his dirty hands on an old rag and glared at her miserably.

"What are you smiling at?"

"Is my car finished?" She asked sharply, turning her smile into a mean mug.

"Oh now you wanna know about your car?"

"That would be the purpose of me paying to ride in a filthy cab all the way down here. You didn't think it was just to come back and stare at you all day did you?"

"Well if memory serves we tried to get in contact with you yesterday, but I believe a certain rude ass hung up on me."

"You were interrupting my bath."

"God forbid!" He gasped sarcastically.

"Well, I'm here now and my time is valuable." She followed Justin as he moved around the garage looking through tool boxes.

"So what's the verdict?"

Finally pulling some bolts from one box and a wrench from another Justin moved towards the back of the shop.

"Helloooo! I'm asking about my car! ANSWER ME!" He stopped and peered at her evily from under the brim of his hat.

"Sorry no customer's beyond this point. Its a safety risk."

"I WILL GIVE YOU A SAFETY RISK IF YOU DON'T TELL ME WHAT'S WRONG WITH MY BABY!" He stared at her. She was fuming. Her cheeks had turned red and she was pouting.

"Fine, turns out its a little more complicated than just your radiator. It's gonna take a while."

"WHAT! That's my car I need that! How am I supposed to get around?"

"Well...you want the phonebook?" He quipped with a grin.

"Cute, but no." she scowled. She let out a frustrated sigh and rubbed her temples. "Can you at least tell me how much its going to cost?"

"As if it matters to you."

"IT DOES!" She scowled at him again and he took out a pen and a small piece of paper from his pocket. She watched as he scribbled a total on the paper and showed it to her. Her eyes grew wide. "ARE YOU KIDDING ME! WHO DO YOU THINK I AM RICHIE RICH! THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES WITH THE KEY TO THE TREASURY! THAT'S TOO MUCH! I WON'T PAY IT!"

"Then your problem is only going to get worse and then you won't have any choice, but to (A)-spend more money or (B)-go buy a new "baby"."

She rubbed her fingers through her hair roughly and began whining.

"You know, you're gonna go bald like that." Justin said lightly before taking a sip of his gatorade.

"Is there no discount price or anything?"

"Nope! C'mon it can't be that bad for a girl like you. Just get daddy to wire you the money."

"I am an independent woman! I pay for my own things thank you!" He lifted his brow at her and she stomped her high heels about the concrete in a tantrum. "Your doing this to me on purpose! This isn't fair!"

"Okay! Okay! Shut your damn mouth and I might make you an offer." Justin cursed.

Suddenly the tantrum ceased and the corners of her lips curled into a grin as she gazed at him in victory. "I knew you'd see it my way." she said slyly.

"Fuck it!" Justin barked at her finally blowing up and then stomping off.

"Wait! No! Come back!" Suddenly he reappeared.

"What's your offer?"

"Forget it! You're too conceited!"

"I am not!"

"I'm trying to help you out and all you can think about is how once again you've gotten your way!"

"Okay fine cool down. Just tell me your offer."

Completely disgusted now he shook his head and twiddled the wrench in between his fingers.

"Pleeeeeaaaase." Destiny coaxed. He caught a glimpse of her big sparkling brown eyes.

"Fine, if you want me to lower the price I need you here at seven a.m. suited up."

"Wait, wait you want me to help you fix my car."

"I need your hair up or back or whatever the hell just keep it out of your face. And those Freddy Krueger claws of yours, gone! I want them sawed off!"

"I don't know anything about cars!"

"Sneakers NOT heels and see can't you check that smart mouth of yours before you come up in here again. Got it?"

Destiny stood speechless unable to think of a thing to say.

"Good." Justin confirmed. "See you at seven sunshine."

With that he disappeared for good into the back of the garage leaving Destiny still standing at the no cutomer's allowed mark.

"B-but it's supposed to rain tomorrow!" She shouted out to him. "Don't you watch the forecast! TOMORROW'S REALLY NOT A GOOD DAY FOR ME!" She heard her voice echo through the garage alone with no reply. "Great." She murmured to herself. And then called a cab to go home.

This story archived at http://nsync-fiction.com/archive/viewstory.php?sid=805