Recording Session 101 by d_simplicity
Summary: What happens when a talented producer and successful artist are paired together to work on the next big multi-platinum selling album, with a set deadline, but, don't exactly see eye to eye?
Categories: Completed Het Stories Characters: Justin Timberlake
Awards: None
Genres: Drama, Humor, Romance
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 7 Completed: Yes Word count: 33545 Read: 20289 Published: Apr 04, 2008 Updated: May 29, 2008
Story Notes:
Hey all, this is another short for you guys, to keep the creative juices flowing. I hope you all like. Remember it's strictly fiction. Take caution when reading due to some strong content.

1. Session One by d_simplicity

2. Session Two by d_simplicity

3. Session Three by d_simplicity

4. Intermission Or Interruption? by d_simplicity

5. Session Four by d_simplicity

6. Session Five by d_simplicity

7. Session Six (The Finale) by d_simplicity

Session One by d_simplicity

 

Session One - Lesson One

 

He's done it again...

He's successfully managed to piss me off and you'd never guess what set me off this time. I swear to you it's getting worse, or maybe I have a fucking problem. Whatever it is, I want it to end.

Look at him...moving around like he's the shit and he owns the place. Ok well maybe he kind of does, but he doesn't have to rub it in everyone's faces. God, his cocky attitude is revolting and really, who calls themself "The boss"? Yeah that's right. He calls himself ‘the boss' as in the big shot, top dog and human god. Ugh he makes me sick.

So like I was saying, you would never believe what set me off this round. It's his smile. Yeah that's right. He just winked at me, flashing me one of his famous bright smiles that could light up an entire arena. And he did it so effortlessly, knowing he gets under my skin if he simply looks at me the wrong way.

But that smile. That fucking smile that he shot in my direction a few minutes ago was filled with so much endearment. It was sly, sinister and downright condescending and rude. I didn't know you could display that much through a simple smile but again, he's done it.

Shit, I hate him. He's an asshole. He's the biggest one I know to date and really, it wouldn't be so bad if he was nice to me, but ever since I stepped foot into his life, he's made mine a living hell. I have some authority in my field and I'd like to think that I've arrived since there aren't many women in my line of work but jesus! Does he have to make my job that much more difficult with his whining, spoilt, celebrity self?

I'm so in over my head here, I'm fucking drowning without a lifesaver.

 

 

Bowing my head and taking in deep breaths, I hit the audio button on the far left of the soundboard, my body hunched over in a tired position. "Justin, I'm going to need you to run through that chorus again. You sounded a little flat at the end." I sigh, because I know he's going to give me shit about it.

In case you haven't figured it out, I'm Justin's engineer/producer. I was hired by Timbaland himself as his right hand man, or in this case, right hand woman to help him on Justin's new and upcoming album. I graduated with a music degree and have been working my way up in the entertainment industry ever since. I've worked with many artists before so I have experience in the field, plus I've been labeled as the female version of Tim. So, you can bet, Tim jumped at the opportunity for us to collaborate because according to him, two musical geniuses are better than one. Besides, we've been unstoppable ever since, and it's been great. That is, until Tim pulled me along with him on his latest project which involved producing the entire album for none other than his ‘best friend' Justin Timberlake himself.

Usually, when Tim's around, Justin doesn't have time to give me shit because he's engrossed with Tim and whatnot, but, on the off days, when I'm stuck in here with him alone because Tim has some other engagement, he gives me shit. In fact, I think there is shit spilling out of his mouth twenty-four seven. Today would be one of those days. It's one of those days where I want to strangle the shit out of him, but instead I have to endure his crap because I'm not looking to go to jail for murder.

Pressing the audio microphone button again, I glare at Justin through the glass windows of the recording booth. He's just standing there with a disbelieving stare on his face as his eyes narrow into tiny slits at me. "Justin..." But he cuts me off by ripping the headphones off his ears and dropping them unceremoniously onto his stool. Fixing his blue cap over his head which matches the blue t-shirt he's wearing, he walks over to the window, still glaring at me.

"I'm not going through that again. Are you fucking crazy? That was perfect. What, your ears don't work?" He snaps, moving to exit the booth to join me on the other side. You see what I have to deal with on a regular basis?

Shutting my eyes tightly, I take in a few deep breaths before he crosses the room, stalking over to me and closing the gap between us.

He's standing in front of me now. I can literally feel him breathing down my neck, but, I'm not opening my eyes. If I do, I might just smack him for being so factious all the time.

"Hello, earth to miss pissy. Even if your eyes are closed I'm still here. You can't just wish me away." He snaps and my orbs shoot open, my browns connecting to his icy blues.

"Sometimes I wish I could." I spit back.

"Look, you're really rude missy. Remember who signs your pay check." He replies boldly and I smirk at him.

"Tim does Justin not you." I retort.

"You're lucky he likes you so much, though I don't see how he could."

"Are we done here? Can you please get back in the recording booth and run over that chorus again? It's really late and I'm hungry and tired. I have a life outside the studio too you know." I snap and he simply laughs at me. Ugh!

"Please, you don't have a life. Music and the studio is your life, which is sad really. You don't know anything outside these walls." There's a confident glimmer in his eyes, like he's successfully figured me out or something, but I'm not going to feed into any of it.

"Oh yeah?"

"Yeap. In fact, I bet you're so lonely you probably don't get any action huh? I mean when was the last time you even had sex? I bet that's why you're so bitchy all the time, because you need a release of some sort. I don't blame you though. I can't see any guy wanting...that." Making a hand gesture towards me, his eyes travel up and down my t-shirt and jeans clad form. "I mean, shit, would it kill you to untangle your hair and wear some makeup and maybe stop dressing like a guy?"

That little, oh no he did not just go there! Ugh! That is it!

 

 

"Justin..."

"Claudine." He mocks, the sound of my name heavily dripping off his tongue.

"You're an asshole."

"And you're a bitch." He snaps, his eyes widening when I advance towards him.

"You want to know what I think? I think the only reason you're giving me shit, is because you're jealous." I can't take it anymore. I'm going to tell him exactly what's on my mind and I really don't give a fuck if it gets me on Tim's bad side for speaking to his friend like this.

"Oh really now. And you think I give a fuck about you or what you think? You have a job to do, that's all you're good for." Justin folds his arms across his chest, giving me a challenging glare, daring me to say another smart comment to him, but I don't care right now. He's going to hear an earful. I'm just so tired of holding my tongue.

"Oh Justin, you're right I'm only doing my job. But, you're making even that impossible because you're jealous that your precious Timbaland is taking a liking towards me and oh no, we can't have that. You have to be his favorite right? You have to be at the top of his list because you're a team, a duo, and me coming into the picture hinders your tight bond yes?" I pause when his orbs widen in offence and his breathing deepens. Yeah I'm on a roll. He's seething right now, but, he's quiet, just glowering at me.

"And you know what else I think Justin? I think you're angry. You're angry and you're grudging because this is maybe the first time in your life, you've had to take orders from a female of my status where your smooth ways and charm doesn't win me over to the point of me being your next fuck conquest. And, it's eating at you isn't it? I'm right aren't I?" I snicker when his nostrils begin to flare as shock spreads across his features. When he doesn't immediately respond, I laugh out in his face. "Yeah I thought so." I snigger.

Deciding that no more work is going to get done tonight, I whip around to turn off the equipment, leaving Justin in his same spot just eyeing me.

The moment I move to save the files we recorded for tomorrow's session, I feel a tight grip on my arm before I'm being spun around and slammed harshly against a wall. My eyes widen slightly in astonishment, but I'm not afraid of him. He's a pussy if you ask me.

"Now you listen to me Claudine and you listen well." Justin growls, his face mere inches away from mine as his body presses against my own. "The next time you decide to be bold and spit some shit at me like that, you think again. Because I have the power to destroy you doll. Not only will your career be non-existent, but you'll never work in this entertainment industry again doing what you do if I can help it, so don't fuck with me because I can make it happen." He belts and I roll my eyes.

"Is that supposed to scare me Justin?"

"It better, because you love this right? How would you feel if it was taken away from you?" Slamming me against the wall for effect, he pulls away from me abruptly causing me to stumble forward. Shit, I think he's serious with this. I guess I crossed the line and pissed him off? I can't let him follow through with his threats.

 

 

Damn, maybe I went overboard this time. I need to learn to control myself better as much as I wish I could just smother him. Yeah, sadly enough, he still has the power here and he's made it clear that I never forget that.

"Whatever Justin. Just tell Tim we're picking up where we left off tomorrow." I brush him off before I move around to gather my belongings to leave. Flipping back my dark hair, I move over towards the exit, not bothering to tell him bye.

Only, my departure is cut short when Justin calls out to me. Turning around to face him with a scowl on my face, my brows knit in confusion when I notice that he's now sitting in my chair in front of the soundboard playing around with a few dials.

"And Claudine..." Facing me, he gives me a once over before a light smile plays across his lips. "As much as you'd love to think I'm attracted to you, I'm not. You'd have to undergo a serious makeover before I'd ever consider sticking my dick up your cobweb infested cunt. And even then, you'd still be a major bitch and sorry babe, but I just don't do charity cases."

Stepping back in shock, my mouth hangs open by his cold, crude words. Oh my god, what the fuck? How dear he! "How dare you!" I scream out.

"Don't knock yourself on the way out sugar."

"You're going to regret this Justin. I'm going to make you eat those fucking words." I retort as a plan begins formulating in my mind.

"Highly doubt it babe." He waves me off before he gives the soundboard his full attention. Only, I'm not through with the little shit yet. He's going to regret ever speaking to me like that. If there is one thing I don't tolerate, is over confident males with super huge egos. If it's left up to me, I'm going to see to it that I deflate his ego some.

Groaning in annoyance, I simply turn around and storm out of the recording studio room, making sure to slam the door shut behind me. Oh he's going to regret this alright. Two can play at his game. He wants to live up to his nickname ‘the boss', well I can roll with that. But by the end of these recording sessions, there'll be a new boss in charge.

As I make my way out of the complex, I can't help by smile to myself at the genius idea I've come up with. I'm most certainly going to fuck with his head and teach him a lesson. Oh yes, I will have the last laugh here. "By the time I'm through with you Justin, you'll be begging me, pleading even to be all up inside of me. And when that time comes, we'll see who's the big shot around here..."

 

Session Two by d_simplicity

 

Session Two - Lesson Two

Next day...

 

Pausing to look at myself in the review mirror of my black BMW, I sigh. I know I said I was going to make Justin eat his words for ever disrespecting me and belittling me like he did yesterday but I'm not so sure anymore. This, this isn't me. I look like a freaking made-up manikin with my getup. Maybe I'm overdoing it. Maybe I should just endure whatever shit he spews and when this album is done and over with, hightail it out of there. But, my pride just won't let me and that's the major problem here. When pride and egos clash, it can make for a real nasty debacle.

Still I'm going to carry this out and see it to the end. I can't remember the last time I wore heels but shit, it's for a good cause right? It's to smack ‘the boss' where it hurts the most. Oh yes, I'm going to teach that little snake a lesson for ever thinking that just because he has the balls in this artist/producer relationship he can talk back and down to me. Doesn't he know that I have the power to make him sound like trash in the most subtle way that the critics would eat his album alive? He may have the power, but I have his career in my hands. You'd think he'd be nicer considering that little fact but no. Well, all that is about to change.

Welcome Claudine version 1.0 with a new improved attitude, style and personality. It's really easy to morph into Justin's ideal chick. In this case, I'd just have to suck up to his ass and agree with everything he says as well as compliment him and I'm in. Shit, this is going to be harder than I thought but, no pain no gain. And I'm going to gain the respect I deserve by the time this is over. Tim should be in today so this should prove to be interesting.

 

 

Giving myself one last long, hard stare, I shake my head before plastering a tight smile on my light almost pale caramel face since I've been lacking sunlight recently from being trapped in a studio for hours on end. I can't believe I left the house looking like this. My dark hair is surprisingly untangled like Justin suggested, flowing down the sides of my face and stopping at my shoulder. It has a light sheen to it since I took the initiative to shampoo and condition last night. I kept the makeup light but still apparent with pink strawberry lip-gloss to give my lips that silky glow. My outfit is well, I'd like to say subtle but still gives off the sexy, sultry look without looking like some slut. I'm wearing a black mini skirt that accentuates my hips and a tight blue silk blouse that's tucked into the waistband of the skirt.

On my feet are six inch black heels which I regret wearing as I cross the parking lot to walk through the front doors of the recording studio.

Making it into the air-conditioned building, I breathe a sigh of relief. Waving a good morning to the receptionist who compliments me on my change of attire, I make my way down the long hallway but not before accepting the compliment graciously.

Standing in front of the room that I know Tim and Justin are housed in, I take in a deep breath and put on a pleasant face before I twist the knob and walk into the studio room. Closing the door quietly, I stand by the frame for a few seconds, glaring through the large window of the recording booth where Justin is located with his eyes shut tight, singing his heart out. Tim is seated in front of the large soundboard messing with dials as Justin is recording the same chorus I asked him to repeat last night. Oh sure, when Tim tells him to do it he doesn't throw a bitch fit but with me, the world is coming to an end. Ugh!

Tim spins around in his chair and I smile widely when my browns connect to his own. He gives me a once over before shock registers on his face.

"Claudine?" Timbaland chokes out in awe, sizing me up in the process while tugging on his grey t-shirt.

"Hey Tim." I smile bashfully before walking over to him when he stands to greet me.

"Oh my god. Look are you girl! What the hell were you thinking when you got out of bed this morning? You look amazing!" He coos before kissing my cheek lightly and twirling me around, causing me to giggle.

"Thanks. I don't know. I guess it was time for a change." I admit, my eyes darting over to Justin who still hasn't noticed me yet.

"Well that's one hell of a good change. Stick with it girl, you'll be turning heads." He winks at me before reclaiming his seat.

Pulling a chair up next to him, I quickly morph into producer mode, my ears perking up as Justin's voice filters through the speakers. "How is he doing?" I ask quietly to not disrupt Tim's concentration too much.

"Sounds great, but then it's Justin so he usually has things locked down. I had him redo the chorus though. He was sounding a little flat at the end, just when the beat drops an octave. But you know him, he agreed that he was and hopped right on it." Tim explains and I can feel my blood boil but I manage to keep a straight face as I nod in response. That little fucker. I told him the exact same thing last night and he ate me out for it. I think he enjoys putting me through hell just for the heck of it.

My thoughts are cut short when I hear Justin's voice through the speakers, his tone low, deep and angry as he speaks to Tim.

Cutting the instrumental, Tim looks over at him and I turn my head in his direction nearly falling over when I see the devious glare he's giving me. His blues are immensely cold and taunting as he keeps his vision locked on me, boring a hole into me even though he's speaking to Tim.

"Tim I thought I said no fucking friends over when we're recording." Justin growls angrily.

What? He thinks I'm...oh boy. Slapping my palms over my mouth, I try to stifle my laugh but a small giggle escapes me, enraging Justin even more.

"This is so unprofessional...I mean..."

"Relax Justin!" Tim laughs out, causing Justin to frown in confusion. "It's Claudine. She's safe." Tim assures but Justin smirks.

"Please man, quit pulling my legs man. You can do better than that." Justin snickers but I can see his eyes searching mine curiously.

"I know man, I almost didn't recognize her too." Tim jokes, causing me to blush.

"No fucking way..." But Justin easily drifts when I narrow my eyes at him. Recognition instantly plays across his face before his expression switches to utter shock. "Claudine?" Justin asks completely surprised.

Nodding my head in response, he nearly drops the headphones he's holding up next to his ear when I confirm his suspicion. "Is this a joke?" He asks, diverting his attention to Tim, giving him a disbelieving glare. "What, she has a twin sister I never knew about?" Ok, he's pushing it. That was just stupid but I have to admit though, bemused Justin is kind of cute. Oh my god, I did not just think that...

"No way man, but let's get this done J. You still have the last verse to get out. I need to head out soon and then Claudine will take over from there." Tim states and Justin nods dumbly, still eyeing me.

Resting back in my chair, I can't help but smile triumphantly that my little switch worked even better than I anticipated.

And just like that, Tim switches on the instrumental that I co-produced with him so Justin can run through his chorus again...

Justin proceeds to sing his heart out and Tim and I proceed to do what we do best on the soundboard, making Justin sound practically flawless. I can admit that he does have an amazing voice, but not even that can substitute for his nasty attitude. Still, I have to say that the look on his face when he realized that it was me sitting next to Tim was priceless...

 

****

Hours later...

 

All he's done is shoot unnerving glares in my direction for the entire time we've been here. This isn't going like I planned. He's supposed to be treating me better by theory but he's still bitchy and moody with me. Granted he's not spilling out obscenities, his standoffish behavior is really getting on my last nerve.

"Ok Justin. That's good. I think we have everything we need vocal wise for this song. Tim and I will be back on Monday to spruce everything up." I speak through the microphone, pressing the button on the intercom system since he's situated in the recording booth. "Then it's on to the next track. Only two more to go." I state feeling a sense of excitement by that fact as my heart leaps in my chest for joy. Two more tracks and it's all over. We just might be able to make the deadline yet. Damn, that day can't come fast enough for me.

Placing his headphone over the microphone, Justin stands from his stool, stretching out his limbs, allowing me a sneak peak of his hair trail just above the waistband of his light denim jeans and below the hem of his white buttoned down shirt. I know he's fine, I do...I'm not blind. But, I've been so preoccupied with his disgusting nature that I haven't had the time to appreciate his physical beauty. Still, I really can't stomach the man. He needs an attitude adjustment. At least with me anyway.

Making it out of the booth, he makes his way over to me, stopping to give me a weird glance before he walks to the other side of the room and plops down on the couch. You see what I mean?

Keeping my back to him, I begin playing around with his vocals, saving the change in effect and levels I place on his voice. I can feel him burning a hole into the back of my head by his stare, but he's silent, that is until he hears something he likes...

"This sounds good, the voice over with the after echo effects. You should tweak it and put it in so Tim can hear it." He says confidently and I nod in response.

There's shuffling behind me and a few seconds later, he standing at my side, hovering with a cryptic glimmer in his eyes. "Ok Claudine, I went on all day observing you and trying to figure you out and I've come up with nothing. What's your fucking deal?" He sneers...took him long enough.

Saving his vocals and shutting off the system, I push back in my seat, getting ready to depart since it's getting so late. I've long discarded my shoes, walking around the studio barefoot. Do you know what it's like being in heels for hours on end? Well for me, since I haven't done it in a long time, it's very painful.

"Hello did you not hear me ask you a question? Why do you insist on being a bitch all the time?" Justin groans before sighing exasperatingly. He's so damn rude.

Standing and turning around to face him, I silently put on my heels, allowing myself to be almost same level in height with him since I'm already tall without them. "How does me not answering you constitute as being a bitch?" I giggle while smoothing out my blouse and skirt, moving past him to head for the door.

I should have known, an exit with this man is virtually impossible when he demands to be the center of attention with his little hissy fits.

Gripping my arm, he spins me around roughly, nearly causing me to smack right into his solid frame. "What is this Claudine? What are you up to?"

"What am I up to Justin?" I gaze directly into his eyes, noting the smirk on his face.

Dropping my arm he takes a step back, rubbing the back of his neck as he bows his head in thought. "Is this a sick joke? You're trying to prove a point because of what I told you last night...but it's not working." He shakes his head in emphasis but oh I beg to differ.

"I think it is."

Snapping his head up in offence, Justin stalks over to me, narrowing his eyes at me like he usually does. "Claudine no makeover in the world is going to make me think of you differently. You're still a bitch and the same person on the inside. I hate to break it to you sugar, but whoever said that personality doesn't count was lacking in that department themselves." He hisses, his hot minty breath fanning my face. He was chewing on trident earlier.

"Who are you telling Justin? You're a spitting example of that fact." I retort, taking a step away from him. For some strange reason, him being close to me heightens my senses and that's not a feeling I like. It's rather conflicting and sways my thoughts...

"So that's it huh?" He chuckles pathetically. "You're just going to walk around here now like sex on legs in an attempt to fuck with me is that it? Make me see what I'm missing out on? What I can't have? Because you're delusional if you think that's going to work. You're just going to look like a joke in my book." He explains, holding back his laughter. This is not going well. I need to tone down the bitch and bring in the nice but with him that's virtually impossible.

"Naïve Justin, you'll see in due time that no man can resist a female if she's physically pleasing to his eye, no matter how much of a bitch she is." I point out.

There's amusement plastered across his face as I say this. "You're no ordinary female Claudine." He mocks, brushing me off and I scoff. It's time to end this little tirade. I'll save this for another date. Right now, today, I only wanted his reaction and I got it. It's only a matter of time. It's evident now that he's simply putting up resistance but I can see the truth etched into his features and seeping out of his eyes. He's getting turned on. It's easy to distinguish because of how his eyes have darkened to those of a lust-filled, flesh hungry, sex addict.

 

 

Still, I'm tired, hungry and I need to soak my feet in warm water so I'll have to deal with Mr. hot shot another time. Smiling evilly for Justin, I walk up to him, eyeing his movements and body language before I break out into a bright smile. "Lesson number two Justin: Never underestimate the power of the female anatomy." I warn.

"Uh huh...Wait, hold on." He chuckles, not able to contain himself any longer. "What the hell was lesson one in the first place?"

Smirking, I smile slyly. "Oh that's easy: Never issue a challenge you're not one hundred percent sure of winning."

His brows arch in interest by my statement. "Oh really now? And what challenge might that be?"

"You thinking that I can't make you eat your words, which seems to have taken effect as we speak. You haven't even called me out for the day yet and now it's over and I'm leaving...impressive." I fold my arms across my chest and he rolls his eyes at me. "It's amazing how shallow you prove yourself to be. I've simply changed my outer appearance and already you're treating me differently though I'm the same person."

"That's funny. You'd love to think that wouldn't you?" He spits out patronizingly.

He's not going to win this round. I am. Stepping up to him, I place my hand tentatively on his shoulder, loving how he tenses under my touch but doesn't make any attempt to move. He's piercing me with his intense stare, his eyes searching mine, radiating an emotion I can't quite place. His breathing instantly deepens by our close proximity but he makes sure to keep his stance, which again was expected. Bringing my lips up to his ear, I wet them slightly with my tongue before I opt to speak in a low whisper. "Justin, I know that even now, me standing here like this with you, it's taking everything in you to not break your resistance and act on your hormones and instincts..." Pulling away from him, I note the fire blazing in his eyes, but it's quickly replaced with uncertainty. "We'll see. We'll see who walks out of this with their pride intact. I never lose Justin."

Backing away from him, I move to exit when he remains silent just glaring at me dubiously.

Before I can make it out of the room however, he finally decides to voice his thoughts, his tone coming out sharp and menacing. "You're going to regret fucking with me like this. I don't lose either Claudine."

Keeping my back towards him, I smile to myself before I swing the door open, never once turning around to face him as I make my exit. "Then this should prove to be quite interesting right?" And with that said, I walk out of the studio room and into the hallway, slamming the door shut and leaving Justin alone with his thoughts...

 

Session Three by d_simplicity

 

Session Three - Lesson Three

Next day...

 

I'm in over my fucking head here. I'm fatigued, my voice is shot and she has me singing the same fucking thing over and over...and over again. My vocal chords are so worn out now, I'm betting my last million that I sound like some starving, attention-deprived desperate hobo. I can't believe this. This is the first time in years I've actually come up with killer lyrics and had to write them down in the studio instead of memorizing them like I usually do because my mind is so damn drained.

That was the worst mistake I ever made in my life and now I'm paying for it because I have the spawn of satan belting out orders left and right at me. ‘Let's do that again Justin; you're a little sharp Justin; you missed the beat Justin; I'm in love with you Justin and because you don't love me back...Revenge!' Ok, I added the last one but you get my drift...

"One more time Justin, I heard a slight crack in your tone. You need to keep it smooth." She says through the intercom system.

Ok I've had enough. Scratching at my growing stubble, I swipe my palms over my face as I lock eyes with her through the large smooth glass window.

It's no surprise what type of relationship Claudine Diggans and I have. I'm the ‘spoilt' celebrity in her book and she's the uptight bitch of a producer I've been stuck with for the last couple of months. For anyone who's followed my career, you maybe know that I've had two very successful albums in the past, this third one on the way to being my next successful work of art. That is, if by the end I can leave these fucking recording sessions with my sanity in check. Thank god that this is the only time I have to socialize with her. If I had to deal with her outside of these walls, heaven help us. It would be complete chaos.

Now I know I can be a jackass at times, but with good reason. Besides, she makes it easy. I'm going to be honest here. The first time I laid eyes on Claudine when Tim introduced us in Johnny's office at WEG, I immediately found her attractive, but lacking that feminine flare. She was seemingly shy with me at first and I figured she'd be easy to work with. Boy was I far off from the truth. She is a terror to work with. I'm not sure how it started but I think the first thing that set off my dislike for her was the first session we ever had together. So I was five minutes late. It wasn't my fault; I got a fucking speeding ticket because I was trying to actually make it on time. Sounds contradictory I know. She ate me out for it, stating about her time wasn't mines and she wasn't going to let me step on her because of my celebrity status.

Shit, I wanted to rip her a new one so badly, but Tim was there and out of respect for him, considering the girl really is the shit at what she does, I bit my tongue and took her blow. It's been a hate-hate relationship ever since. I'd be lying if I said I didn't know why we never got along, because I do. You see, Claudine, she's a perfectionist much like myself. We're extremely alike and should mesh well but our personalities clash because she's ‘miss play it safe, miss reserved, miss dull, miss boring, miss predictable and miss introvert' whereas I'm the exact opposite. I mean shit, if she would just lighten up some then things wouldn't be so bad. But, I've grown to enjoy making her life a living hell so I'm not looking for it to change anytime soon. Not even after the stunt she pulled yesterday looking like a fucking lollipop I could just lick, suck and eat up in one bite...fuck!

She's fucking with me...she's done it again today. Her skirt is shorter and tighter than the one she wore yesterday. Her blouse is fitted and she has the top button undone, showing cleavage for days...goddamn it. I can't help that I'm a man. I know what she's doing but I still can't fucking resist the fact that she really does look fucking edible. God I swear I fucking despise the woman. I hate that she's so talented because if she wasn't I could have gotten her fired a long time ago. I hate that she's getting to me though I'd never admit it. I hate that she's like a female version of me. It makes it very hard to win any type of anything with her...this game she's playing with me being no exception...

 

 

"Justin? Justin! Are you deaf? Hello? Snap out of it please!"

Jumping up, I nearly fall over my stool, shock spreading across my face when I notice that Claudine is in the recording booth with me, standing next to the microphone with a nasty scowl on her face. What? When did she even leave the soundboard and come in here? I didn't even hear the door open and close. Damn, I'm really out of it today...I blame her. My blues gaze into her deep browns and for a split moment, I forget exactly who I'm dealing with and get lost in her defined beauty. Shit, who am I kidding, she's gorgeous but she usually has her beauty toned down so much that it's practically unnoticeable if you don't do a double take but now...here...with her made-up self, she looks...she looks...

"Are you high? Look Justin, I don't have time for this. We're already behind our deadline because we can never seem to get anything done. I'm not looking to ask Jive for an extension on your album and push back the release and promotion dates. Let's do that bridge again please so we can call it a day. It's still light out...I'd like to see the sun today if that's possible..." She spits out cattily and I'm roughly yanked back to reality. The moment she opens her mouth, it's all over...

Narrowing my eyes at her in a habitual manner, I groan while mumbling under my breath before I rip the headphones off my ears. Dropping them, I stand to face her, my height not doing much to intimidate her since she's in heels again. "Claudine, I'm not in the mood today. My voice is fucked. You've mentally, physically and now vocally exhausted me. You'll get your sun, I'm done. We can head out." I state calmly, tugging at my black t-shirt before smoothing my palms over my jeans.

Arching a brow at her when she just glowers at me, I roll my eyes in defeat. Since when does being nice not work? Are you shitting me? Is there no pleasing this woman? Tugging harshly and maybe a little angrily at my fitted black hat, I push her out of my way and head out of the recording booth, the exit my main goal, but she follows me, quick on my trail, calling out to me...stopping me.

"You are high aren't you? Did you smoke something or take drugs before you came here?" She asks and seriously, what the fuck is her problem?

Stopping my outstretched hand that's barely touching the door knob, I take in a deep breath and whip around to face her.

Her arms are folded across her chest, her intake of air deep and loud. Her browns are piercing my blues, awaiting my response. I wonder...what would happen if I didn't give her the normal response she's probably expecting from me...

"Claudine..." I begin in a slightly strained whisper, her eyes widening by the softness of my voice. It's a rare occurrence so she better appreciate it. "I'm tired and I need my rest, and you don't look any better yourself, no matter how done up you are, you still look like shit. There is a thing called sleep...do it." Ok, maybe that wasn't so nice, but my tone was fairly calm.

"You are something else Justin. You'll never change. I just don't understand why you insist on making my work so difficult. I mean, don't you want your album to..." And I cut her off with a wave of my hand, not needing us to go down this recurring path. It's my album damn it, but I feel like I have no freedom, no control or say in the matter.

Opening my mouth to curse her out, I suddenly shut it, swallowing my words when it dawns on me. She's glaring at me like I'm crazy but I don't care. I now know why I'm like this. It's strange how things can just come to you. It's her...she's the reason. Since she stepped into my life I feel like I'm on a twenty four hour watch. She's worse than my mother with her constructive criticism. I feel like I have no freedom with her, like I'm some fucking teenager who is constantly messing up and never good enough in her eyes and my only way of gaining freedom is to rebel. She's the reason...I mean it's my fucking album, mine...yet, I barely get a say in anything when she's on the job. It ends now...

 

 

"Claudine, never...in your life, look at me and tell me anything in regards to my album unless you're doing your fucking job behind the soundboard..." But I drift because I'm just too tired to do this with her. Sighing, I rub at my droopy eyes, ignoring her obvious pent up anger due to my sudden outburst. "Look..." I'll tone it down some. "I appreciate that you're great at what you do. I really do and I'd be lying if I said you weren't the best after Tim. That's why I put up with your ass. But it honestly wouldn't kill you to tone down the bitchiness and uptightness for once and just relax. The world isn't going to end if you can't perfect everything in one sitting. You and I know that it's impossible but you always keep trying. Maybe if you lighten up some, I wouldn't be such an asshole to you ok? Now I'm tired and frankly..." Closing the gap between us, I gaze at her, noting the confusion in her bright orbs. "I'm tired of all this bickering. I'll give you your space if you give me mine. That's all I ask. When this is over, we don't have to deal with each other anymore." I suggest, noting how her breath hitches in her throat. Well that's something new. She looks almost flushed.

My thoughts are instantly invaded when I inhale the strong feminine sent of her perfume. Dear god...blinking rapidly, I move to create some space between us, but she grips my arm to stop me, an unidentifiable glimmer in her eyes.

Taking in a deep breath, she breaks out into a smile and I'm wondering if she's finally lost all her sanity screws. "Now was that so hard Justin? All you had to do was be honest. I honestly had no idea you felt that way. I have been told I can be overbearing but I didn't know I was being that way with you. I'll be glad to back off if it will lessen you being an asshole." She suggests, still smiling, still gripping onto my arm, the warmth of her touch burning my skin.

Pulling out of her hold I give her a tight lipped smile, still unsure of her motives. The Claudine I know would never believe anything I say whether I'm telling the truth or not. She's never let her guard down. According to her, I spit shit twenty four seven, so her dismissive, understanding behavior is suspicious and I'm wondering if she's still playing a game with me. Maybe she's trying the good guy act? I wouldn't put it past her.

Frowning I nod, knowing that two can play at her game since no matter what...I never lose. "Compromise is better than confrontation I guess but, you make communicating with you difficult." I joke, chuckling lightly and she giggles...wow.

"And you don't? But I'm glad we can actually talk without...you know, arguing." She makes a hand gesture and I eye her intently figuring I could mess with her all the same. I'm not buying her sweetness as much as I wish it was genuwine.

Giving her a crafty smile, I bend down, tilting my head to the side to get a better view of her glossy lips. "Well, since we seem to be in school here with all these lessons you've been dishing out, allow me to give one of my own?" I inquire, her mouth gaping open slightly, shock and terror etched into her features and mixed emotions oozing out of her orbs since I'm face to face with her now, my nose almost touching hers as my breath warms her full lips. Not waiting for her reply, I continue with my little statement. "Lesson three Claudine: Don't lie down with dogs unless you're ready to get up with flees." I state smoothly, loving the effect my closeness is having on her. So, I'm not the only one who this is affecting...that's good. "Because if you're still fucking with me, I'll make you regret it sugar." I warn.

Breaking into a large grin when she remains quiet, I pull away from her, hearing her gasp. See, I can be somewhat nice when I want. I wasn't even harsh this time. And, my charm still works...right?

Deciding to put the icing on the cake, I grab her hand, her body shuddering under my hold. Breaking through her resistance, I lay her hand flat on my chest over my t-shirt, allowing her to feel the harsh thumping of my heartbeat. "You feel how fucking rigorous my heart is beating? Let me ask you this...do you think I'm this worked up because I'm angry with you, or because there's another emotion present that not even I am willing to identify because that would mean I'd have to give into it? You think whatever plan you've concocted is working? Because this is fucking ridiculous and I've just about had it." I state in a low, provoking tone.

"I...I...I don't know." She stutters, trying to rip her palm away but I keep a firm grip on it.

"Ok then...and I have no intention to find out. So, with that said, I think we need to call it a day. I'll see you back on Monday since today is Friday. Besides, I have shit to do to prepare for Trace's party that he's throwing tomorrow night for his birthday." Dropping her hand finally, I give her one last glance, her guard now back up as her stare hardens by my words.

"Fine Justin, but make sure you're here first thing on Monday. We have a lot of ground to cover." She points out and I shake my head in agreement.

"Yes master." I salute her, causing her to scowl unappreciatively.

"Whatever, just leave." She says in a cut tone.

"Lighten up Claudine. Quit with the damp mood for once?" I suggest but she just rolls her eyes.

Sighing, I decide to give it up for now because we're not going to get anywhere. Besides, I think I fed into her enough to have her mind riling with endless thoughts over the weekend. What can I say? She's not the only one who has skills in manipulating a person and situations.

"Well, for what it's worth, I think you looked beautiful today. And that coming from me is rare so believe me when I say I mean it." I voice.

She scoffs at me, not believing me but then she catches the sincerity in my stare and stumbles over her words.

"Right...we-well, bye Justin..." Ouch. Cold. A thank you would have been nice. No worries though.

Smirking, I lean forward, placing a light kiss on her cheek, startling her by my gesture. "Bye Claudine." I smile, moving to make my exit, her stare still cold and unfeeling towards me though I can see a small smile playing across her lips.

"You're something else Justin. Nice try though, but you're going to need to work a little harder at accomplishing your set motive here." She snickers but I think I'm the one who's having the last laugh today.

"Who said I was trying to accomplish anything?" I say innocently, swinging the door open, laughing when she stares at me in bewilderment. She really isn't used to me being so calm and even pleasant where I'm not cursing her out constantly. Even I am not used to any of that when it comes to her. I know it's going to be extremely difficult breaking her down but I'm not counting myself out yet. Persuasion can go a long way.

Not waiting for her to say anything else, I wave her off, walking out and slamming the door shut behind me. I'm not one for dramatic exits like her, but I figured just this once...

I think we both know what we're doing here, at least I do. If she's not sure, she needs to back out now, because once she's convinced me to participate, there is no fucking stopping me until I accomplish my set goal and I guarantee that by the time this is over...I will have her, she will be mine...not because I want her, but because she issued the challenge. I'm all up for proving her wrong and making her realize that if I lay on the charm thick enough, she, like the millions of females out there who love me, will never be able to resist me or the Timberlake charm. Plus, like I stated before: I. Never. Lose. And I'll be damned if Claudine Diggans will be the female that changes it all...

 

 

End Notes:
Things are about to get interesting...muahahaha... :-)
Intermission Or Interruption? by d_simplicity
Author's Notes:
*Take caution for this chap. due to explicit language* Anyhoo yeah...enjoy. :D

 

 

Intermission Or Interruption?

 

Next day...

Staturday Night...

 

"Sometimes you put walls up not to keep people out, but to see who cares enough to break them down." - Unknown

 

"Claudine Diggans, party of one." I mutter under my breath, sighing dejectedly before darting my eyes around, gulping down what I've counted to be my sixth shot of tequila.

Maybe I should cool it down but I can't. It's Saturday night and I can't just relax because I'm going crazy. My mind is working a million miles a minute and I just need to slow it down to a stop. I can't take it anymore and alcohol is my only option, my last resort really. It's his fault...it's Justin.

I can't even begin to fathom how I made him get to me yesterday. He was like a fucking skin disease spreading over my body faster than wild fire. And I let it happen; I let it happen because for some strange reason he seemed more appealing in that one moment than he ever did for all the months I've known him. Ugh! Shoot me now. Granted, my nice girl act worked, I've now come to realize that he's undoubtedly fucking with me too. But I'm not going to give in that easily, even if I'm sort of curious about him now. Shit, shit, shit!

"Hey Jake, hit me again will you?" I call over the blasting music to the bartender. I'm in one of the most popular clubs here in LA drowning my sorrows away at the bar. It's my favorite place to come and really this is like my only public social activity, me sitting at the bar, nursing my drink and speaking to my most favorite person who really is the closest friend I have and who also happens to be the bartender. That's a good thing, because you would not believe the amount of money I've ‘technically' spent on alcohol alone these past few months. Thank god my drinks are free.

 

 

It's crazy how Jake and I became friends.

I think...it was the very first day I had to work with Justin in the studio. At the end of that day, I was so angry that on my way home, I stopped at some random club deciding that I needed a drink to relieve the stress and luckily for me, Jake was there that night. He saw how pissed off I was and actually cared about how much I drank since I was throwing the shots back like water. So, for the first time in my life, I poured out all of my frustrations on a complete stranger. He didn't seem to mind though. He even had a drink with me when he was off duty.

At the end, I was drunk and felt a whole lot better. I even trusted him enough to drive me home in my car and then call himself a cab afterwards. Luckily for me, he turned out to be a decent guy and not some crazy psycho that could have killed me. I vowed to never pull a stunt like that again when I was coherent the next day. I said I'd never go back there and do what I did. I still called Jake to thank him and apologized for the inconvenience. I thought it was over. I thought it was just this onetime thing. But, unfortunately, as time passed and I continued dealing with Justin, he drove me back to that wretched bar and back to Jake who is the only good, positive thing in all of this. And you know what? I kept going back, over and over again until this place turned into my favorite hangout spot and Jake turned into my closest friend. Yeah, fate's messed up like that.

Because of Justin, I have a serious issue with alcohol, preferably tequila. He was right though. I have no life. I mean my closest friend is a fucking bartender who's only doing this job to help him financially through university since he has plans of being a doctor in the future. Yeah kind of off right? Considering he helps people fry their livers on a daily basis. More patients for him I guess. He's a sweet guy though, pleasant and down to earth. Everything Justin is not.

And it was all because of that very first recording session we had months ago where Justin was late. That's what set it all off for me. He was five minutes late and when you book studio time, every hour, minute and second counts. Justin threw away five minutes worth of studio time which is a small 'chunk of cash' let me tell you. And he had the audacity to blame it on the fact that he got a speeding ticket. I mean shit, if his ass was on time that day, then he would not have had to speed hence, there would have been no ticket and he would have made it on time. I called him out on it too and he was so pissed, but said nothing. I found out later that he only remained quiet out of respect for Timbaland and I really didn't care. I had to show him that I wasn't another person to be stepped on and taken advantage of. I was there to do my job, not to suck up to him and kiss his snowy ass.

That day was the beginning of the end for me. Sure, we presumed recording afterwards with Tim, but there was just so much tension in the room. Tim did his best to calm us down stating that we needed to form some type of mutual relationship for this to work. Justin and I agreed to it, even though it didn't solve much. I mean, look at us today. Look at the game we're playing with each other, trying to destroy the other person. This is sick, but I don't care...I'm going to win.

 

 

Bringing my shot over, Jake's greens pierce my browns, a look of uncertainty spreading across his smooth, tanned, olive face. Giving him a sweet smile and thanking him, I grip my shot and throw it back, grimacing when the alcohol burns the back of my throat.

Swiping his large hands through his golden blonde hair, Jake sighs, wiping his hands on a towel before his six foot two inch frame leans over the bar to take a good look at me, his greens twinkling with amusement. "Let me guess, Justin?" he says knowingly and I scowl at him, demanding another shot but he protests, causing me to whine.

"He's the devil." I slur, feeling a little dizzy.

"Babe, then quit. It's easy." He chuckles, still glaring at me intently. His station is cleared now and as much as I'm welcoming the company, he's pissing me off.

"No, I need the job and I can't let Tim down." I pout, tugging at my red tube top and fixing my mini jeans skirt.

Giving me a once over, Jake's eyes narrow accusingly. "I think you don't want to let Justin down...not Tim. I mean have you ever stopped to think that your hatred for the guy might be mistaken for oh I don't know some type of unrequited love?" Jake suggests and I nearly choke on my spit.

"What!?" I scream furiously, my voice loud over the blasting music in the top scale club. There are tons of people around, sweating it out, dancing and socializing like anyone would in any typical clubbing situation to enjoy themselves...except me.

"Well think about it. You two exhaust yourselves trying to outsmart the other. You could save a lot of needed energy if you just gave in and actually tried to see what could build between you two." He says while smoothing his palms over his green shirt and then jeans.

Ok that's it. I'm going to knock him on the head with a bottle because he's drunker than I am to say something like that. "Well I never asked you Jake and you don't know shit." I spit out angrily and he simply raises his hands in defeat.

"Ok Claudine, relax. I'll drop it. I'm off in a few, need me to take you home?" He inquires and I take in his beautiful eyes, getting lost in them.

Giggling, I hiccup slightly and he just groans before his lips twitch into a smile. "That's a yes. Give me a few minutes and I'll be right back. No more alcohol babe." Jake suggests and I easily flip him off, causing him to laugh loudly before he moves away to help one of his customers.

Well shit, so he cut me off, what am I supposed to do now? Just sit here and stare off into space? I didn't come here to dance or party. I came here to...to forget about Justin but it's not working damn it! "Fucking bastard." I growl angrily under my breath before I hear my name being called.

 

 

"Claudine? Claudine Diggans?"

Whipping around in the direction of a male voice, I notice the person is walking in my direction with a smile on his face. I connect to a pair of dark blue eyes that seem unsure yet curious. Do I know this man? He seems vaguely familiar with his chiseled face and dark hair, but I'm really out of it so I just shrug.

Plastering a fake smile on my face when he comes over and takes a sit next to me, he calls Jake over and orders a scotch on the rocks before he diverts his attention back to me.

"So Miss Diggans, this is a small world. I never thought I'd see you here in a place like this. You never struck me as the partying type." He smiles sweetly and who the fuck is this guy? Am I losing my mind now too? Oh god.

"Oh yeah uh..." But he cuts me off when he realizes that I have no idea who he is.

"Oh shit, I'm sorry. I just assumed since we met a few times you would remember me. I'm one of Justin's friends. I'm JC. You remember we met at the Grammys a few months back?" He explains and it then dawns on me. Holy shit, I think my eyes are playing tricks on me. Or maybe it's the alcohol swimming through my blood stream. Isn't he one fifth of that boy band Justin was in all those years ago too? Yeah, yeah he is.

"Oh JC, oh my god, I'm so sorry." I can't help but giggle, leaning forward to tap his hand playfully. "I...yes I remember you." I'm still giggling like an idot and I know JC thinks I'm crazy with the way he's arching his brows at me.

"Are you ok? Had too much to drink?" JC grins and I shrug, nearly sliding off the barstool but I catch myself.

"The male species need to burn in the fiery pits of hell." I blurt out. "No offence of course. In fact, make that one male of your kind." I add in and I can see the bemused expression on JC's face as he tugs on the collar of his blue shirt nervously.

"I take it a guy pissed you off?" He inquires knowingly and I nod, blinking rapidly.

"Yup!" I hiccup, not bothering to tell him that it's the asshole he calls his friend.

"Well, you don't seem to be enjoying yourself here. Are you here alone?" JC inquires when Jake comes over with his drink.

Eying me wearily, Jake's brows knit in confusion.

"I'm fine Jake." I tell him since he worries about me so much, surprising JC that I know the bartender.

"I'm off now so..." But JC interrupts Jake.

"I'm sorry, you two know each other?" He asks, his eyes darting between the two of us.

"Yes, he's my drug supplier." I tell JC, causing Jake to laugh.

"Yeah but I had to cut her off tonight." Jake adds in confusing JC further.

"Uh...ok. Well uh, what I was going to mention before he brought my drink Claudine was to ask you to come to a party with me, but since you two know each other, he's welcome to come too." JC explains. "You know, you seem kind of depressed and it's a big bash so I thought we could go and you could try to have a good time. I was just heading over there now. I could introduce you to a few people, maybe even score you a few celebrity clients and you could try to lighten some and forget about whatever guy who's gotten under your skin?" he suggests and I wearily glance over at Jake who raises his hands in the air.

"Don't look at me Claudine, but I'm down to go. I'll drive your car since you're too out of it to drive yourself." Jake points out. Thinking about it for a minute, I bow my head, still feeling slightly drunk, but it's not too bad.

Plus, JC said potential clients right? Because that could be good, granted I don't embarrass myself considering I'm intoxicated. Still it's a party right? So that's expected. "Sure why not!" I give in. Maybe I can actually try to have some fun and forget about Justin.

"Great! Well do we leave now? It's on the upper class side of Hollywood. If your boyfriend is driving you then you all can just follow me in my ride." JC suggests and both Jake and I exchange comical glares as he rips off his apron and leaves the bar, coming around to join us.

"We're not together." He voices to JC and I nod in agreement.

"Oh...because I thought..." But I cut JC off.

"Just friends." I add in and JC nods in understanding.

"Sorry I just assumed like that." JC apologizes.

"It's cool man. We wouldn't work out anyway; she's like my sister or something. I mean, she's a sweet girl, but she's already in love with someone else." Jake voices and really, does he not see me sitting here? And what the fuck does that mean? He's never said anything like that before and now he's telling JC I'm in love with...with...oh god, I think I'm going to throw up.

Jumping up on my feet, I trip over my heels, falling into Jake's embrace. I'm still mad at him, even if I'm thankful that he caught me.

"Ok girl, let's get going before you're out cold. Lead the way man." Jake voices to JC and JC agrees, trying to hold back his laughter at maybe how pathetic I look as we make it out of the club and towards the parking section where our rides are located.

Ugh, I feel terrible. Can I have a do over and rewrite my life? Because it's not going according to plan anymore...

I'm so fucked.

 

*****

Hours later...

 

You know, since I've been here, JC has introduced me to so many celebrities I think I'm having a meltdown due to an information overload. It's cool that all these beautiful, filthy rich people can gather like this and pretend like they're normal citizens in society when they really aren't. A lot of them are down to earth and laid back too, can you believe it? Take Hayden Christensen for example. I just met him a few minutes ago and he's the cutest thing. Plus he has a killer sexy accent and really, I should maybe go looking for him to snag him but I can't, because alas I'm at the bar, still drowning my sorrows in tequila shots.

JC has long disappeared, leaving me to mingle and grab my next big potential client who turned out to be Alicia Keys since she's also in here somewhere. She gave me her card and everything, stating she would be in touch with Timbaland like he's my manager or agent or something. Psssh...

This is where my story get's fucked. You see, since I forgot to ask JC whose party this is, I simply shrugged it off. That is, until I noticed a short man, about 5'6 walking past me with his phone to his ear, screaming about something to do with the champagne that was delivered for ‘his party' being the wrong kind. Now, I would have maybe gone over there and introduced myself to the guy in my drunk state and say ‘hey cool party' to which I'm sure he'd look at me like I was crazy and kick my ass out. But, none of that happened because you see, not only was ‘that guy' pissy much like someone else I know, he was without a doubt, another pain in my ass.

I'm telling you, I literally almost screamed when I realized this was Trace's party and he was the one on the phone walking past me. I think he saw me too because he did a double take but he seemed too preoccupied to care.

And what do you know? Justin has successfully made him hate me too, so you can bet neither he nor Trace could possibly want me here.

Oh god...Justin. He's in here somewhere. I haven't spotted him yet, but I'm just about ready to hurl and I think I've had enough to drink for the night. I'm dizzy and my vision is blurry. I should maybe grab Jake who is somewhere out on the dancefloor and demand that we leave but I can't, because I don't want to spoil his fun.

Does that mean I can't have fun too? Ok, so this is Trace's party and I wasn't invited. But it's cool. It's a big ass mansion and I don't even have to see Justin for the night. He doesn't even have to know I was here. Tim isn't here because he had to travel out of LA for the weekend so I have no one to save me from Justin if I do bounce into him.

I could just...dance with Jake some and then suggest we leave. Yeah, that could work.

 

 

Hopping off the stool in front of the bar, I pass my fingers through my dark locks and make my way through the spacious mansion into the living room which is set up similar to that of a nightclub. Walking through the many hot celebrity bodies, I finally spot Jake in the middle of the dancefloor with some redhead, having the time of his life. Humph. I guess he doesn't care if I drink myself to death.

Stumbling over my heels, I groan because I feel so fucked up right now. I'm desperately trying to hold off all my impulses. I swear, I'm this close to stripping and assaulting the next hot guy that shows any interest in me. I mean shit, I'm a woman but you know, I've got needs too and it's been a fucking eternity since I got some. Goddamn it, Justin was right again, but I'll never let him know that.

Giving Jake a once over, I smile to myself. Leave it to me to have a gorgeous friend that I can't have because he's so damn young and in school. I mean, he's only nineteen for crying out loud and I'm well...older. Still, he's fine.

Tapping the woman he's dancing with on the shoulder, she whips around to stare at me and I just roll my eyes. "May I cut in?" I slur and she simply nods, moving away from us and disappearing into the crowd.

"Well hello there stranger." Jake coos and I roll my eyes again, but playfully this time before wrapping my arms around his neck as his arms snake around my waist.

"Hey yourself." I giggle and he eyes me, leaning forward to sniff me before crinkling his nose.

"You've been drinking again." He points out as we begin moving and grooving to whatever R&B track that's playing.

"What's your point?" I laugh, but he doesn't find it funny.

"Damn it Claudine, why do you let him do this to you? What's your problem? Just say fuck it like a normal person." Jake scolds me, much like he always does, but I don't care. I don't care because maybe it's my drunken haze, or the fact that I'm horney, but my younger friend is looking really appealing to me right now. I mean, his lips are so full and glossy since he just licked them and just...I mean they're nothing compared to Justin's but still, I wonder what they taste like. "Are you even listening to me girl?"

"Uh huh..." I mutter and against my better judgment, I lean in, pressing my lips fully against his. I can feel his body go rigid by my gesture and he just remains frozen in place, not moving, not kissing me back. I quickly change that though when I deepen the kiss, my tongue brushing against his own, hearing him sigh before he hesitantly pulls me in even if I know mentally, he's fighting against this. I mean, what the hell am I...we doing?

Before I can even form coherent thoughts, I hear a slew of gasps and chattering around us. But fuck it, I'm so gone right now I really don't give a fuck. Pushing into Jake I can feel his hands grip my waist tightly, and before I know it, he stops kissing me, gently pushing me away, but I hold on to him, not wanting this to end, not wanting to face reality and realize that I just made a major mistake.

Soon, I notice that the volume of the music is lowered to the point where it's like a faint whisper, drowned out by all the talking going on around us. What the hell is going on? My eyes shoot open, and I'm still kissing Jake who's still trying to push me away in the most subtle way as flashes keep going off around us. But, none of that really fazes me until I hear the loudest gasp ever, followed by a voice that I've grown to dislike for the most part...my eyes widening in shock.

 

 

"What the fuck is going on now?" He bellows; then it's followed by "Would you stop taking their fucking picture Trace? Goddamn it! You're acting like you've never seen people making out before..."

Oh god...oh no.

Finally pulling away from Jake, I give him a sympathetic stare. His greens have darkened and he's just glaring at me blankly with no emotion present. I have no idea what he's thinking. He maybe hates me. Oh god, what was I thinking?

"I...I'm sorry." I whisper to him in a drunken slur, hearing people sniggering around us.

Then I hear his voice again and I'm terrified out of my mind to turn around.

It's Justin.

I don't even think he knows that it's me though he's about to find out.

"Trace quit it! I can't believe you killed the fucking music for this! You seriously blew my good time man."

"Chill out man! It's all fun, besides this is the best action this party has seen all night! You need to store that shit in memory."

"You're an asshole T." Justin chuckles.

"Fine I'll go tell the DJ to turn it up." Trace speaks and it's only then that I look around and realize that people are staring at us or more me. Oh god...

Jake looks like a deer caught in headlights too. Ugh I can't believe Trace did that; I fucking hate him for this. He obviously didn't recognize me either as I hear his voice fading away into the crowd when he walks away, I'd assume.

"Just get a room guys; there are tons upstairs so just pick one out." I hear Justin wisecrack at us, still laughing heartily. Oh that little...

 

 

"Oh god..." I heave, not wanting to turn around, not wanting Justin to see me. Maybe if I could just sneak away...but then...then Jake finally speaks.

"Shit...we need to move." He mumbles, wiping at his face before gripping my arms, forcing me to turn around and walk with him...right in the direction that Justin is located.

What happens next seems to move in slow motion for me since I feel like I'm on the verge of passing out. I'm pretty sure, though I'm drunk, that Justin just spat out his drink in shock, nearly choking on it when he locks eyes with me for the first time tonight, utter shock registering on his face. That asshole.

"What the...Claudine?" Justin belts, shaking his head in disbelief and blinking rapidly. What he thinks he's seeing things? No, I'm actually here you fuck, unfortunately.

Shit, what a fucking nightmare this night is turning out to be...

"Yeah hi..." I mutter, deciding to pull Jake along this time, determined to get out of Justin's radar.

I'm not so lucky though...

Trace has long told the DJ to pump up the volume again and the crowd has successfully dispersed to continue doing their own thing like nothing happened just a few minutes ago, my embarrassment still evident even if I won't show it.

"Come on Jake." I say when Justin moves to block our path, placing his drink down on a nearby table and discarding it all together.

He's just glaring at me with wide eyes, still in shock, too dumbfounded to even speak. Ugh, he needs to get out of my way.

"Get out of my way Justin." I growl angrily causing him to arch a brow at me in question.

"Claudine, maybe I should...leave you two alone. I'll be by the bar if you need me." Jake says softly and Justin instantly cuts his eyes at Jake, giving him a death stare, curiosity filtering through his intense gaze. What's his problem really?

"But..." I begin to protest but I'm cut short when Justin grabs my arm roughly, giving Jake one last glance with narrowed eyes before he pulls me away from my friend. Is he insane? What if Jake was my boyfriend or something? I swear Justin really is crazy sometimes. He needs to stop acting on impulse.

"You do that man. She'll meet you by the bar in a bit." Is the only thing Justin says to Jake before I feel myself being pulled away to another part of the house where the party is less intense.

Jake didn't even get a chance to say anything else. I still feel kind of fucked up for what I did.

 

 

"Ouch..." I mutter pathetically, stumbling over my heels as Justin continues to drag me along with him. Maybe he's going to kill me? This would be the perfect opportunity to get rid of me. I'm not even supposed to be here. I blame JC! Shit, where is he anyway? Whatever...I don't care. "You're lucky he wasn't my boyfriend to beat your ass." I snap and Justin mutters some incoherant phrase, practically ignoring me.

Gazing around, I notice that we've successfully managed to get away from any other sign of human life as we head down what seems to be a hallway. See! I knew he was going to kill me. I guess this part of the house is off limits to the partygoers?

"You're hurting me Justin!" I find my voice again when he mindlessly swings a door open, pulling me into a room before he slams the door shut behind us.

"That's the least of your fucking worries right now." He growls angrily and it's then I start struggling against his hold.

"You're so fucking abusive. Let me go!" I belt as he walks over to a couch, finally releasing his hold on me before he jacks me roughly, causing me to plop down on the couch with a thud. "Asshole." I mutter, looking up at him but not making any attempt to stand since I'm sure if I do I'll maybe topple over due to my lack of sobriety.

He's just standing there, hovering and glaring at me with heated eyes. "Get over your fucking self Justin." I spit out, deciding that I rather take my chances to walk and get out of here than stay and listen to whatever he's about to say...

"You are such a bitch." He laughs out bitterly before he begins pacing. "And what the fuck was that? Huh?" His tone increases in volume and I'm just glaring at him, wondering what the fuck is his problem. "What...what, messing with me in the studio wasn't enough? Huh? Is this part of your plan too?" He hisses as his nostrils begin to flare. Wow, he needs to calm down before he pops a vein. "Jesus Claudine, how do you think you looked making out with that guy in front of everyone like that? I mean you're so lucky it was Trace who took out those pictures and not some fucking pap. You'd be everywhere. Are you forgetting you're part of Hollywood now? What you think being linked to Tim is a joke? You're the next big thing after him, you need to watch your reputation else you're fucked." He pauses his ranting to stare at me profusely before he growls harshly causing me to jump in shock by the deepness of his voice. His blues are icy cold but that's nothing new.

God, he's like a jealous boyfriend with his outburst. Still, he looks really good tonight. "What are you even doing here?" he spits out, breathing deeply, his chest rising and falling harshly as his rage boils over...

"Wha? I...I uh...JC brought me." I stutter seeing the doubt on Justin's face. "What you don't believe me? Go find him and ask him." I add in and he rolls his eyes.

"I'm trying to figure out where the fuck he found you to bring you here..."

"Club..." But I drift off, my eyes shamelessly scanning his tall, lean frame. He's wearing a black fedora hat, a matching long sleeve black shirt, some jeans and black shoes. Even though his getup is simple, he still looks amazing. Oh god, the alcohol is frying my brain. Shit, I blame Jake...damn it.

"You? Clubbing? Is the world coming to an end?" Justin says in mock astonishment and I giggle. I'm giggling lazily until it turns out into a full blown laugh. "What the hell is so funny? And I'm not done with you yet Claudine. How the fuck...who the fuck is that guy anyway?" He asks, but shit, he...he's angry. He's angry because I was kissing a guy? That's the funniest shit in the world. What is this?

Not able to contain myself when my laughing fit takes over, I hunch forward, gripping my stomach and hearing Justin sigh tiredly. He may be fine, but he's one dumb shit when he wants to be...to even think that I care about what he has to say...

"You're drunk aren't you?" He inquires knowingly and I shake my head in agreement, still laughing, my head spinning and my vision blurring every once in a while. "Goddamn it Claudine." Justin sighs, his anger suddenly dissipating from his tense form as he takes a sit next to me, eyeing me intently.

Trying to avoid his concentrated gaze, I look around the room, noting the pool table in the far left. This looks like a game room of some sort with the large stereo system and gaming consoles hooked up to various monitors.

"How much did you even drink?" Justin asks, his hand moving to touch under my chin so he can look into my browns, but I smack his hand away roughly.

"Don't touch me." I snap.

"Jesus, you're even a stubborn bitchy drunk too? What am I going to do with you?" He sighs, a smile finally forming across his lips making him look ten times more gorgeous than he did before.

 

 

"Why are you smiling?" I inquire inquisitively.

"This isn't part of your plan is it? I'm betting..." he begins, closing the gap between us as he eyes me closely. "When you're sober again, you're going to regret that you were like this in front of me, so weak...so...vulnerable." He arches a brow at me as my mouth gapes open in shock. "So...drunk." He stresses with a light chuckle.

"You're such an asshole Justin. Even with me drunk and vulnerable, you still couldn't make me want your ass or give into you like I know you're wishing I would." I say confidently, causing him to give me a perplexed look.

"What the fuck is with you and these challenges woman? Are you serious right now? I'm not going to even go there. Because sober Claudine would slap a sexual harassment or rape charge on me so quickly my head would spin. Nice try though, but me going to jail is where I draw the line to whatever shit you have up your sleeve, or in this case down your tube top and up your skirt." He winks, eyeing me, undressing me with his eyes and the frightening thing is I'm welcoming it.

"Justin why must you continue to make me school you?" I giggle, slapping his arm playfully. I can't stay mad at him. I feel way too light, almost like I'm flying to care or let anything he says get to me.

"Oh no...this isn't school babe. We're not in the studio right now so, call it more like an interruption since you showed up out of nowhere and completely fucked my night over." He snaps, his anger slowly resurfacing.

"I'd like to call it more of an intermission actually, since these lessons aren't over."

"Oh they are...you're going home...now. I'm not making you take up anymore of my time. I can't even believe you're here and what happened. Like it's not bad enough having to deal with your ass in the studio." Justin hisses before grabbing my arm and yanking me to stand.

Just glaring at him, I stumbled forward, falling into his embrace. He groans under his breath as he moves to help me get steady but I'm just looking at him interestingly, his head looking bigger than usual. I blame the alcohol for my distorted vision.

"Your head is big." I snigger, slapping my palm over my mouth when his head snaps up in my direction. "And...you have a big...no huge nose. And some thin ass lips even if they're full and all...haha. You're like, deformed or something." I laugh out. "But you're still cute though." I smile.

"Ok that's it, I can't even stay mad at you here. Let's go find your make-out partner so you can get home and get some rest." He suggests, pulling me towards the door, but I stop him, my mind riling with endless jumbled thoughts.

"You want me don't you Justin? Even now, with me drunk like this, you want me and you still can't have me and it's killing you. It's killing you because you don't want to feel that way but you're jealous...that's why you was so angry when you saw me kissing Jake." I rattle on and on, mumbling, my voice dropping and increasing in octaves as Justin stops abruptly in front of the door. Moving us to the side, I watch the back of his head as he drops my hand before turning around to face me.

"I'm not doing this with you now Claudine, not with you in this state."

"What state...psshhh..." I cut him off, closing the gap between us. "You just can't take it can you? I'm going to win this game hands down and it's just eating you up. You'd think you'd be nice to me but..." But I swallow my words when I'm suddenly rammed against the wall, Justin's fierce gaze burning a hole through me.

"I...I could fucking have you without breaking a sweat. So, don't get it fucking twisted Claudine. This playing hard to get bullshit you think you're pulling is just a façade babe. You're the one who's fooling yourself." He spits out and I blink, one, two, three times before I break eye contact with him.

"Whatever you dick." I say cattily.

"I mean it. I could have you. Don't doubt that sugar. Just because you're a bitch and you're my producer doesn't mean you're off limits...not if I really wanted you. But...you see that's where you fail to accept reality. And in reality, I don't want you Claudine. Never have, never will...even if you stood naked in front of me right this very second and was sober too...it wouldn't happen. But you want to play? So let's play." His breath is hot against my face as he cuts his statement short and I can take the whiff of alcohol and I think...weed on his breath? He doesn't seem high though. Maybe his high left or he never was to begin with.

Smirking at me, Justin presses his body flush against mine, allowing me to feel every inch, curve and definition of what physically makes him masculine and holy fucking shit...this is...so wrong. I need...I need to...

"Know this Claudine..." dipping his head forward to the point where his lips are almost touching mine, he moves his head to the side, his lips grazing my earlobe as he speaks sharply, his voice deep and penetrating. "By the time this is over...you will be mine." His voice fades into a whisper and by the husky yet certain nature of his tone, I have to swallow hard and ask myself...what did I get into? But...shit, this is me right? Even in my drunken stupor, I can overcome this. He's not winning, not again. Not after what he pulled with me last night.

"You know you say all of this Justin, but it's just talk."

Pulling away from me he shakes his head pathetically before swinging the door open so we can leave.

"You're leaving...now."

"Tell me the truth. Tell me the truth looking directly into my eyes and I'll believe you. The eyes don't lie Justin. I've seen you...I've seen the way you look at me even before all of this started. So tell me...tell me you're not even remotely attracted to me and that you don't want me in any way sexually and I'll drop all of this right now." I voice, knowing that he won't, knowing that it will be damn near impossible to do what I just asked. I'm not being conceited or shallow but I'm not blind either. I have an idea of his level of attraction towards me and even if he hides it well, he's still a guy. Girls, however, can go unnoticeable because really, guys don't pay that much attention sometimes.

"I'm not doing that." He snaps.

"Why not...It's easy right? Just say it. Just tell me to my face, looking through my eyes."

Shaking his head in protest, he makes a move to leave but I grip his arm, pulling him back into the room and slamming the door shut.

"Say it Justin. You think you can resist me? Prove me wrong..." Jacking him to rest against the wall, I sandwich him in place before snaking my hands up and down his lean torso over his black shirt. I smile when he smirks as he just eyes me silently; I continue to feel him up, my hands moving south, stopping just above his belt buckle before I snake them under his shirt to lay flat on his bare torso.

Dear god, the man really is fine and...shit he feels so solid.

Groaning, he moves his hand to stop me but I give him a warning glare. "How far are you going to let me go Justin to prove your point? Just say it already...admit you can resist me and I'll drop this. But, if you don't then we'll just have to see how much resistance you have huh?" I coax, using my other free hand to move up his neck, tracing patterns over his jaw line with my fingertips before I lean forward to replace them with my lips.

His breath hitches in his throat when my lips connect his flesh but he remains calm, relaxed.

"You're so evil..." He growls as his breathing picks up. "Claudine stop." He says firmly.

"Make me stop Justin...prove me wrong. You don't want me right yet you claim you could have me if you wanted to. I think you're contradicting yourself babe." I coo, my lips now moving to kiss on his neck lightly, my high slowly beginning to fade away. Maybe I could have blamed the alcohol earlier but now...now I'm not so sure. I think I'm enjoying this too much.

"I...I'm not con...contradicting myself Claudine. I know what you're going to do. I know your plan. You plan on making me so crazy over you that I practically beg you for sex or some shit. Or, if you do give in, just when I think I have you while we're maybe oh I don't know in the act, you'd pull away and play a joke's on you roll with me...to which I'd strangle you to death if you did. No man likes to be shot down with a bruised ego when it comes to sex, believe me." He explains and I just roll my eyes. Ok, so he thinks he's mister know it all. Well he's not...and I have the proof due to his thumping heart beneath my palms, his shallow breathing oh and...

"But, I'll have you...and then you'll pass like the fool sugar, because you'd be nothing but another conquest to me, your plan of trying to make me fall for you or fall in love with you shattering into a million pieces..."

"Just shut up!" I belt in annoyance and he does, not because I told him to but because we're interrupted by a third person when the door swings open just when I was about to kiss him and shut him up. Damn...

 

 

"Hey Justin are you in here, you'd never guess who I met and brought here with me. You know the person who you couldn't stop....wow...oh...oh shit oh man I...damn I'm sorry. I'll talk to you later then, carry on." And just like that the door slams shut seconds later.

That was JC, yammering on about something or other.

"Shit..." Justin grunts, gripping my waist to push me off of him forcefully. I don't think JC made me out though because my back was facing him. Not unless he remembered what I was wearing which I doubt he did.

"Claudine..." Justin sighs exasperatingly.

"Hmmm?" I hum, gazing into his blues.

"You've lost...get over it, come on." Gripping my arm tightly, he swings the door open again and pulls me out into the hallway so we can leave.

"I didn't lose."

"We're out here walking aren't we?" He retorts.

"We were interrupted."

"But we could have continued right? And even if we weren't?" Ok, he has me there.

"Then you're lying because you're almost solid right now." I gesture to the slight bulge in his jeans that began growing before we were distracted by JC, but he just brushes me off.

"That means my shit is working perfectly."

"That means you want me." I assure.

"I guess you'll never know for sure now will you?" he smirks and I return the favor by giving him a sly smile.

"Oh we will, this is intermission remember...we'll get back to the main events soon."

"Why do you flatter yourself like this? I call this an interruption as in a termination as in, when I get to the studio on Monday, you better be dressed down in your usual jeans and huge t-shirt with no makeup on and flats on your feet. Get back to being a bitch and bossing me around and I'll get back to being an asshole towards you. That relationship worked out well..." He points out and before I can retort with a smart comment of my own, Jake comes into view and I realize that we're at the bar now. Damn it.

"I believe this belongs to you." Justin says in an annoyed manner, pushing me towards Jake.

"Hey! You're so fucking disrespectful." I utter.

Ignoring me, Justin drops my hand and moves away from me and Jake who's glaring at us. He must be wondering where we disappeared to. I have no idea how long we've been gone either. Ugh shit, my head is beginning to pound. I need some painkillers and my bed. I've had all I can take for one night.

"Is she ok?" Jake asks Justin, pulling me into his embrace as he studies me thoroughly.

"Aside from being a bitch and a pain in my ass she's just great. You might want to make sure she takes something before she sleeps so she doesn't wake up with a nasty hang over. Water, food and some painkillers should do the trick." Justin suggests, studying Jake and wow even if he's a jerk he still cares about my well being. That's...interesting.

"Are you sure because..."

"How old are you?" Justin inquires with a frown on his face, still staring Jake down. I can tell he doesn't like him but I have no idea why. He doesn't even know Jake like that.

"Nineteen why?" Jake instantly stands his ground and really, he's a lot more mature than his age.

"You're serious? Unbelievable. Just...get her home...I'm going back to the party." And with that said, Justin whips around and storms off to another part of the house, disappearing from sight.

Sighing I gaze up at Jake with wide eyes. I can see the amusement on his face and I know he wants to laugh but I'm not having it. "Don't you even dare." I smile when he begins chuckling lightly.

"You really pissed him off." Jake points out and I moan in irritation. "But it's cool. I guess he deserved it, oh and don't worry about what happened earlier. I'm cool and we're still cool. We can just forget about it." He suggests and aw he's too sweet. A certain celebrity could take some pointers from him.

Smiling, I nod in response. "Come on supplier...I need a fix me up like Justin suggested so I don't wake up to a jack hammer pounding at my skull in the morning." Grabbing a hold of Jake's wrist, I pull him along with me as we make our way towards the exit of the mansion.

Taking one last glance around, I can't help but smile because really, I almost had Justin. I had him going for a minute earlier and it felt good. Yeah sure, he had me too. I could call it a tie for now but he'll never know that.

I'm not settling for a tie. I'll get him...I know I will and when I do, oh sweet victory will be mine. But really, right now, all I can think about is the fact that I'm in desperate need for some sleep since I've been lacking. When I'm rejuvenated, I'll be ready to play again...oh yes. But right now...I'm grateful.

I'm grateful and thankful for many things since I'm so blessed, but this is the first time in a long time that I've been so ecstatic that Sunday comes before Monday...giving me a full day of rest and relaxation before I step through the doors of hell again to battle the devil himself, who in this case, just so happens to come in the most irresistible package and goes by the name of Justin Timberlake.

Yeah what can I say? It's true, so sue me...damn...

 

 

Session Four by d_simplicity
Author's Notes:

*Take caution when reading due to strong language etc.* Thanks again for all the great feeback, you guys rock! :o)

 

Session Four - Lesson Four

Two days later...

Monday...

 

"I can't keep doing this with her anymore." I sigh exasperatingly while rubbing at my stubble and then head in an attempt to clear my mind.

"What do you mean you can't? She's a bitch remember? A whiny, bossy little bitch who's given you shit since the very first day you guys were paired together to work on your album."

Scowling, I look over at my best friend who's leaning against the table next to the soundboard. He just doesn't get it. I watch as he fixes his gray cap then tugs on his light gray t-shirt. Shit, he's so clueless. Even I don't know what's happening right now.

"I fucking know that!" I growl angrily. I'm not getting soft. I'm...I'm not fucking losing this game or whatever the hell this is.

"Then what's the issue here Justin?" Trace inquires while folding his arms across his chest and eyeing me suspiciously. I really hate his accusatory stare. It's unnerving and downright creepy since it's coming from him.

"God damn it T! I don't know...give me a minute to get my thoughts together." Standing from the large leather chair in front of the soundboard, I smooth my hands over my plain white t-shirt and then dark jeans.

I don't want to tell him. I don't want to say it because then it would be true and really, I've gone months without thinking about anything remotely close to the fact that....that my reaction on Saturday when I saw Claudine kissing that fucking kid had anything to do with unresolved feelings I might have towards her.

I've gone months without contemplating what it would be like if she and I weren't always down each other's throats but instead got along. Shit, I've gone months without...without even feeling slightly attracted to her in any way because I was so caught up with her being a bitch but now...now I'm not so sure anymore and it's literally killing me inside.

I'm having this internal battle or emotional meltdown or something and my friend is right here witnessing it. I need to pull my shit together before Claudine and Tim get here. I can't have her rubbing anything in my face.

You'd think I'd be waiting for her to show up here so I could gloat. You'd think I'd be waiting for her so I could boast about how pissy and intoxicated she was at Trace's party Saturday night but I'm not. I can't do any of those things because I'm fucking terrified of what I might see, or even feel for that matter when she walks through those doors of the recording studio.

And can you believe that when I got back to the party Saturday night and told Trace what happened he laughed? He literally laughed in my face and said I was sprung and I needed to get my head checked out by a psychologist. Some friend huh? Well, you know, maybe he's right. Maybe I do need to check on that because I'm acting crazy. I hate her right? I do. I mean what's there not to hate?

But shit, she was...she was looking so damn amazing in her little skirt and tube top Saturday night. Saturday...I hate that day now...I'm never going to forget how everything changed for me on that day...how the universe shifted and I saw my fucking producer in a whole new light. I actually cared about what happened to her. That's some shit right there.

I think when I overcame my initial shock that it was her making out with that Blake guy or whatever she said his name was, my emotions literally took a spin I was not expecting. I mean, I wasn't expecting to be angry; I wasn't expecting to haul her away like I did; I wasn't expecting that when we were alone in the game room my heart would be beating out of my chest threatening to explode from how fucking close we were; I wasn't expecting to be fucking jealous that another guy was touching her in a way I never did and maybe never would and I certainly wasn't expecting her to come on to me like she did.

You know, what shocked me even more was the fact that if JC hadn't interrupted when he did, I'm pretty sure my resolve would have cracked and I would have taken her right there, ignoring the consequences we'd both have to face afterwards. I just didn't care at the moment. I mean, I nearly lost our little game and I. Never. Lose.

All I saw was her...her bright brown eyes, full soft lips, long flowing dark locks and smooth light caramel face. Shit!

 

 

"You're falling for her aren't you?"

Snapping out of my thoughts, I glare at Trace in bewilderment. When I don't immediately respond he chuckles heartily.

"I know you Justin. I know that look in your eyes too. Plus, it's the only explanation to your sudden mood swap. You're falling for her, or you've already fallen or something. I'm not sure when it happened, but during the months of you two hating each other and shit, you fell hard and it's screwing with you because you're fighting it." He's giving me a sly smile, a knowing smile like I'm an open book to him. Maybe I am, but I refuse to believe what he just said.

I mean shit, the woman may be fine, but she's still a force to be reckoned with. She's still Claudine Diggans. Nothing is going to change that. No, Trace is wrong...

"Na man, you're so fucking off right now." I laugh nervously because for some strange reason I'm actually considering what he just said. That cannot be a good sign.

"I'm just saying...maybe you should..." He pauses, glowering at me, reading my expressions and I feel like I'm on some chopping block. He knows me too well. Sometimes I really hate him for it, and other times I'm grateful that I have a best friend who understands me.

Expelling air from his lungs loudly, he rubs under his chin before he pushes himself off the table to come over to where I'm standing like some lost puppy who can't find its way home and I'm waiting for him to finish his statement...anticipating it even.

"Just talk to her Justin. I only know what you've told me about her. You've made me hate her because well you're my best friend and if you say she's a bitch I'll agree with you without bothering to know her myself. Now, I don't know her personally but I've given her shit because of you. There is no doubt that I have your back, but if she's managed to get under your skin then, maybe you need to rethink this little game you two are playing before someone actually gets hurt. I don't know what's going on with the woman, but you're my friend and I know you. I know you have feelings for her. I'm not sure how deep they go because you're obviously fighting it, but this can't be healthy man." Patting my shoulder, Trace gives me a sympathetic smile and I scoff.

That's it? That's his grand advice? Talk to her?! Does he not know that is why we don't get along?! There's a breech in our communication. Shit, what does he know? He sounds just like JC now who constantly lectures me about Claudine whenever I talk to him. I can't help it that I go on and on about her and what a pain in my ass she's become. It's true...well most of it. Josh must have the ability to see right through me like glass the same way Trace does because he told me more less the same thing. Those assholes...what do they know?

"Whatever T, you're tripping..." I brush him off, determined to not dwell on this, but then the door to the studio room swings open and just like that our conversation is cut short.

 

 

I frown when a light smile forms on Trace's lips by the sight of Claudine as soon as she greets us. He's never been anywhere close to pleasant with her before.

Whipping around to face her, my frown deepens when I take in her form. Shit, she looks terrible, much like I remember her looking before she pulled her little stunt last week.

And what do you know? She even listened to me and dressed down in her regular jeans, a baggy dark blue t-shirt and no makeup on with flats on her feet. Plus, her hair looks a mess as it falls around her face...obviously she didn't untangle it this morning. Now that's the Claudine I can deal with and resist. Not the little sex kitten she became over the past weekend. That Claudine was on the verge of giving me blue balls...

"Oh hey girl. Well you know, I just stopped by to check on my boy but I was just leaving so you two can...get to...you know, doing whatever it is you do in here." Smirking at his choice of words, I watch Trace as he swiftly makes his exit out the door of the studio, telling me a quick ‘bye' before he disappears out of sight.

Well shit, that was beyond speedy but I guess he doesn't want to be around our dysfunctional asses.

So, we're alone now and Claudine is giving me this bemused look as she turns to give the now closed door one last glance.

"Ok, is it just me, or was Trace slightly nice with me today?" Giggling, she shakes her head in amusement but I don't even crack a smile as I continue to look at her, studying her lingered movements as she places down her keys next to the soundboard and begins powering up the systems.

"You look terrible." I blurt out suddenly, cringing when I see her tense before she whips around to face me, her brows knitting in aggravation. "You know...I mean..." I drift, not even knowing what I'm trying to say now...god what's wrong with me?

"Thank you Justin. I'm aware of that. And, really, it's too early in the day for us to do this." She spits out before her attention is diverted elsewhere.

She yawns lightly afterwards and pulls back the chair to sit down and I'm still just gazing at her...taking in her features and how shockingly different she looks today. It's only now that I'm realizing the bags under her eyes and how pale her complexion is. She looks drained. She couldn't possibly still be hung over because she had all of yesterday to recuperate so what the hell is wrong now? She can't come in here like this. We won't get any work done.

"We won't get any work done with you like this today." I voice, pulling up a chair to sit next to her, facing her.

Spinning around in my direction, she rolls her eyes before hitting the play button on the studio keyboard that's connected to the pc, monitors and soundboard. The beat to the new track I'm supposed to be recording instantly filters through the speakers and she easily lowers the volume before pushing back in her seat, barely acknowledging me. Typical Claudine.

"Shouldn't you be in the recording booth with your headphones on ready to record? The sooner we get this done, the sooner we don't have to be around each other." She points out and I'm still just glaring completely in awe...

"Shouldn't you have taken midol for your cramps before you came in here all bitchy today? Then maybe we wouldn't be having this conversation." I wisecrack. "But seriously, what is wrong with you?" I ask softly, wondering why I even care.

"You wanted me back here to my regular old self, well you got it, so why are you complaining now?" She snaps and wow, what? "What, you want to rub in my face what happened Saturday night Justin? Is that it? Well don't bother, I already know remember?"

"Hold on, you were the one who started all of this. You were the one who felt you had some point to prove." She's serious right now? Fuck me. "I was just being honest, you do look terrible today. I'm asking you what's wrong nicely because I'm actually concerned and you're eating me out for it?" I point out before standing to move away from her. Are you shitting me? I can't do this right now with her. I'd maybe strangle her or something.

"Oh please, like you give a shit. You're maybe smiling, laughing on the inside even with how I seem to be now. You're just loving this aren't you? You're such a fucking asshole. You think you've won huh? Don't worry, just let me get my shit together and get over Trace's fucking party and I'll be back full force." Groaning, she stands to face me, walking over to me, jacking me roughly in the chest. What the hell? "Now go on...get in there and sing your little heart out, you spoilt ungrateful celebrity bastard..."

"Claudine wha..." But I'm cut short when she jacks me roughly again, causing my back to slam against the door of the recording booth.

"What are you waiting for Justin? Get in there...do what you do best and just leave me the fuck alone!" She screams out.

 

 

My eyes widen in shock, wondering if I should stay here or make a mad dash for the exit. Is she having some type of power trip or breakdown or she's finally cracked? Maybe she's on crack? I don't know.

I do know she's tripping.

"Woman would you stop acting crazy?!" I yell, gripping her wrists tightly when she moves to shove me again. She's lost her mind, I'm positive of it. Tightening my hold on her, she struggles against my grip but I'm not letting her go, not until she calms down and tells me what the fuck is her issue. "Are you insane? What the hell are you doing? How can you just...just jack me like that? Don't you know I could break you in half?" I growl angrily, feeling my heartbeat pick up.

"Fuck you Justin! Fuck you!" She belts, still trying to get out of my grasp and I'm so lost right now. I have no clue what's happening and why she's suddenly being like some crazed psychopath with her tantrum.

"Oh my god, just calm down Claudine! All I asked was what was wrong with you!" I'm trying to keep my temper down mostly because her smooth face is turning ten shades of red now and the both of us losing our temper in here is a big no-no.

"You're my problem Justin! You're what's wrong with me! You! No one else but you...you jerk!" Forcefully pulling away from me she breaks free, stumbling back, her chest raising and falling as she gasps for air. "Because of you I have a fucking drinking problem!" She points her finger at me in accusation with anger seeping out of her bright browns.

"Wow..." I mutter in a state of shock. "What!?" I shake my head in disbelief, trying to make sense of what she just said.

"It's you! I tried...I tried so fucking hard but it didn't work. As if dealing with you here in the studio wasn't bad enough, I had to meet you at your best friend's party because JC thought it would be good for me to have some fun, but he was wrong. Had I known it was Trace's party, I would not have been even a mile near his estate. It was a fucking nightmare! And I'm not going to lie, I remember what happened and I'm fucking sick and disgusted and embarrassed that I didn't have a little more self control because I was intoxicated but that's no excuse..."

I tune her out momentarily, thinking that I need to have a word with JC when this is over. I'm thinking he knows shit that I don't. Plus, him meeting her at a club? That's intriguing me to no end. What was she even doing there? I bet she was with that kid Zack or whatever...I hate the guy and I don't even know him.

"I mean I knew what I was doing but I couldn't stop myself because you...you're...you're so...I mean why did you have to be you? Why did it have to be you Justin? Of all the artists in the world, why did I have to get you? I can't even quit; I can't even walk away because I signed a damn contract. You've successfully screwed me over. There I said it. Are you happy now? You won, you fucked me up. I hate you for it. I couldn't even have a good day yesterday without you consuming my thoughts...driving me crazy because I have to deal with your ass on a regular basis and take all your shit and just brush it off because of your status. You can be the world's biggest callous asshole and people will still love you. You can get away with anything and no one will call you out for it, but if I even criticize you in any way, the entire entertainment industry will be up my ass so fast and your fans would hate me. It's too much pressure...it's too much fucking pressure and you're not helping!" Making hand gestures, she scowls at me when she realizes that I spaced out for a bit. But I caught what she just said and I'm curious... "Get out of my fucking head Justin; you're driving me up the wall! I can't even...god!"

She makes no sense now, plus her hands are flailing and seriously, I would laugh in her face if I didn't think it would enrage her more.

Inhaling deeply, I close the gap between us, looking down at her, the significant difference in our height apparent since she's wearing flats again. "Claudine..." I sigh softly. "What are you even talking about now? You're morphing into the psycho crazy bitch now too?" I can't help it. I can't fucking help it. She gets to me easily and it's sick. But for her to stand there and make me out to be some type of monster and blame me for all of her problems is just flat out wrong and I'm drawing the line there.

"Yes. Is that what you want to hear? Yes! Fuck what happened Saturday night. I've had a day to think and I've realized how ridiculous I was being about all of this. I was willing to degrade myself to prove a point to you that didn't need proving. You are and will always be Justin and I just need to accept that. But guess what? I quit. Go ahead and slap me with a lawsuit, I don't give a shit. But to spend one more day with your ass is signing my death warrant because I swear I will drive off a goddamn bridge or something and maybe take you with me." Shaking her head sadly, I watch as her eyes gloss over, and maybe I should sort of feel sorry or maybe apologize? I mean I had no idea I did that much to her from simply being a jackass towards her.

But no, I'm not going to do it. I won't do it because believe it or not, what she just said actually hurt. Where does she get off talking to me like that? And she's quitting? She can't quit! Tim would kill me if he knew I was the cause. Why is she such a drama queen?! It's not that bad.

Narrowing my eyes into tiny slits at her, I jeer loudly, my temper finally reaching its breaking point. "You want to know what I think Claudine? I think you're being like this...like the fucking victim because you didn't get what you wanted Saturday night and it's killing you." I say crudely and her eyes widen in offence.

"Wha...what?" She stutters in shock.

Leaning forward, I stare at her in irritation, knowing what I'm about to say might be a little too harsh but not caring enough to stop myself. "You wanted me to shove my dick up your little pussy and because I rejected you, you're being like one of those revenge seeking dick-hungry bitches!" I crack out, watching her gasp as her mouth gapes open.

"How dare you...you ass!"

And just like that a deafening silence takes over. The only sound that's heard is the connection of her palm to my cheek because she just slapped me.

She just smacked me right across the cheek and I didn't even see it coming. Goddamn that shit hurts. Rubbing my cheek lightly I grip under my chin, adjusting my jaw to rid myself of the pain.

She's standing there, heaving, blinking rapidly and I'm almost certain she's about to cry. Damn it! But she fucking smacked me! No one and I mean no one, not even my mother slaps me. She's lucky my mother raised me right else she'd be down, knocked out cold right now for doing what she just did.

A small, vengeful smile begins twitching into the corners of my mouth as I glare at her incredulously. I can't believe she just hit me.

Slapping her palms over her mouth in shock, her orbs widen when she realizes what she just did. You don't just go around hitting people, especially me, without facing the consequences.

"Oh my god...Justin...I...I'm..."

 

 

But I cut her off, grabbing her shoulders roughly to pull her into me before I grip her hands tightly. Searching her eyes for a split second, I brush off her perplexed stare and without having any rational thoughts I lean down, crashing my lips against hers roughly, forcefully and full of rage.

This is what she wanted right? Maybe if I give it to her then she wouldn't be so uptight anymore. That's why she slapped me isn't it? Yeah, I don't give a damn right now.

Gripping a chunk of my t-shirt, Claudine gasps loudly when I deepen our kiss, snaking my tongue into her mouth without her consent. She's pushing at my chest, lightly hitting my abs but I'm ignoring her. Taking a step forward, I push her to walk backwards until she's slammed up against the wall right next to the midi keyboard that's connected to the pc.

Pressing my body firmly against hers, her cries of protest remain muffled by our lip-lock but her struggling slowly subsides until her hands fall limp to her sides and her cries fade into deep moans.

You see...I knew I had a fucking effect on her. I knew I could have her if I wanted to. I never lose...not ever, no matter what the circumstance. That thought causes me to smile into the kiss and before I can even maintain control of the situation, Claudine's arms are instantly wrapped around my neck, pulling me in closer, sucking me in like a fucking vacuum. Goddamn...

Gripping her waist tightly through her t-shirt, I groan involuntarily when her knee grazes my already growing arousal. Shit, is it wrong that she still turns me on even if she looks like she just rolled out of bed and came straight here?

Hearing her little sexy moans is driving me insane right now with the intense heat radiating between us. I don't even know what I'm doing but fuck it really. Grabbing her roughly by the hips I pull her forward and in one swift motion, I hoist her up to sit on the edge of the table next to the soundboard before I nestle between her legs, never once breaking our intense kiss.

She's moaning and groping at me through my shirt, pushing and rubbing her chest against mine, letting me feel how erect her nipples are through her shirt.

Fuck, this is wrong. I know somewhere deep down inside, this is wrong. But I don't feel like digging deep right now so...finally pulling away from her, our mouths make a light smacking sound when I end the kiss, my eyes wide and searching her glossy browns. Inhaling deeply to calm my nerves and heart rate, I open my mouth to speak but she silences me by placing her finger against my lips.

"Justin...don't ruin this..." She whispers softly and by the look in her eyes right now, I already know what she's thinking. She's completely let her guard down and allowed her desire to take over. I'd maybe go along with this but...

"You're willing to lose and throw everything you tried to prove to me away?" I have to ask, especially after what just happened.

Frowning, she pulls me forward, eying me intently before she cracks out into a small shy smile. "I told you before...fuck it...I don't care anymore...you win whatever just..." And her statement is cut short because she just captured my lips again into another lust-filled kiss.

Sighing, I hold onto her, allowing her to lead as my mind begins riling. She's just giving up? First she curses me out and tells me to fuck off and now she wants me to fuck her? This is all too bizarre for me really. I should be ecstatic that victory is just around the corner and is coming so easy but...

"Damn girl..." I hiss, when one of Claudine's hands snake down to grip my almost fully solid dick through my jeans.

Pushing back, she looks down to where her hand is massaging me and I'm fighting to keep my composure because all I can think of right now is ripping her clothes off and fucking her right next to the soundboard. Now that would be a hell of a way to make music.

"Take those off." She points out breathlessly, already unbuckling my belt, jeans and pulling down my zipper.

Chuckling, I'm just standing there, watching her, delving in how beautiful she still manages to look even without makeup.

"A little eager?" I smirk and she groans but still smiles.

"Don't make me change my mind Justin; don't make me think." She warns and I frown, but I don't say anything else as she slicks her hands underneath my t-shirt to feel my bare abs before she hops off the table and pulls me towards her.

Tensing, I feel a wave of goosebumps take over my body from her delicate touch, her palms like fire against my skin. Dropping her hands, she unpins her own jeans and allows it to fall to the floor, stepping out of it before she moves over to the studio door and locks it.

Coming back over to me, she gazes into my curious blues with a look of amusement twinkling through her gorgeous deep browns. I can practically feel myself being pulled in by them. In fact, it's so intense that I have to look away from her. "Why don't you want to think about what we're doing now..."

"Because then I'll change my mind...come on." Grabbing my hand, she moves back over to the table and hops up again, pulling me between her legs.

Resting my palms flat on the table on either side of her body, I glare at her interestingly, feeling a strange tug on my emotions that's actually fighting with me to stop this and resist her. Shit...I...

"Claudine I..."

"Shhh...shut up Justin...please." She begs, her eyes glowing with uncertainty and I won't lie, I feel the same way. I don't even know what the fuck this is anymore. I have no clue how we really, actually ended up here and what's happening now. Are we still playing a game? If so, it's really starting to mess with my reality.

"Just kiss me." She coos, and I oblige, leaning forward to connect my lips with hers, relishing in how soft and full her lips are. I could get addicted to this... just kissing her...she's that sweet I swear it. Lifting one of my hands, I snake it under her shirt to cup her full breast in my palm and I begin playing with her nipple through her bra, feeling her shudder against my touch.

She dips her hand into my jeans and boxers to grip me, the warmth of her palm against my bare flesh driving me crazy. Groaning, I forcefully pull away from her lips when she easily pulls me out of my confinements, gluing our bodies together and guiding me where she wants me to be.

"Claudine ..." I whisper in a slight haze because she's...shit...she's slowly stroking me, rubbing the tip of my head against her panties that are already moist and really, they're the only barrier between us right now. "Shit." I swallow hard, casting my vision south to look at what she's doing to me, torturing me. Blinking a few times, I look back up at her and she's smiling shyly and unsurely. It's cute...she's actually...I actually thought that was cute. I've never thought anything like that about her before.

Gripping her hands to stop her, I smile and lean forward, pecking her lips softly before I whisper in her ears. "Here let me sugar..."

Raising her arms to wrap around my neck, I pull her to the edge of the table, fixing her legs and wrapping them snuggly around my waist before I use one of my free hands to push aside her panties, my vision fixated on her bare and shaven pussy. Gulping down hard, I lick my lips, my heartbeat now rigorous and pounding against my ribcage in anticipation.

Shit, I can't believe we're about to...I mean fuck...this is Claudine we're talking about. This isn't supposed to happen.

Flicking her folds and massaging her bud with my fingertips causes her to let out a guttural moan. Using that as my cue, I stroke my head a few more times before I position myself at her entrance, applying a little pressure so she can feel me pulsing against her.

Dropping her head against my shoulder she gasps, heaving for air as her grip on me tightens. "Fuck...Justin please..." She begs and not able to control myself any longer, I begin pushing into her, slowly, determined to relish in our connection and take everything in...every contraction her walls make around me, every deep breath she takes and every moan that leaves her full velvety lips.

"Oh my god." Claudine gasps and oh my god is fucking right. Jesus, when was the last time she had sex?

"Goddamn you're tight." I groan, because I'm fucking suffocating already, as I continue pushing my way in, finally stopping when I can't go any further.

I pause for a moment, allowing her to get use to my size because I know if I start off thrusting immediately it's going to hurt her.

"Shit...this is...insane." I breathe out, because really, we're doing this in the fucking studio and Tim is supposed to be coming in at any minute. We're fucking crazy.

"I know, but look on the bright side...the door is locked so..." But she drifts off, her voice fading into a moan when I pull out and thrust back into her, holding her waist in place. I feel like my entire body is on fire as I'm seriously having some fucking emotional battle with myself right now because I...I actually feel guilty. Why do I feel so guilty?

Sighing, Claudine's browns pierce my blues, her stare masked by a mixture of emotions I can't indentify or maybe I don't want to. "I...you won Justin. But it's ok, I...I don't mind." She forces out softly, dejectedly and that's all it takes for shock to register in my system.

 

 

All my actions come to a complete halt as I continue to glare at her, studying her. She's staring back in perplexity as her grip around me tightens slightly but no...no.

Pulling her hands from around my neck, I push back a little, still buried deep inside of her, my will power to pull out practically non-existent right now but for some strange reason I find the courage to do it anyway. I'm probably going to kick myself in the ass afterwards for doing this.

She whimpers from our loss of contact, but really, I'm still in shock right now and you wouldn't even believe why.

"Why did you..." But I silence her before unwrapping her legs form around my waist and stepping away from her.

"I can't do this." I choke out, gazing at my erection and already feeling that dull pain due to a lack of release when I tuck myself back into my boxers and zip up my jeans. Groaning slightly, I grip my crotch to adjust myself as Claudine hops off the table and walks over to me. The shirt she's wearing is long and practically fits her like a short dress with only part of her thighs and legs exposed.

"Justin what's wrong? Don't you want to do this? Isn't this what you want!?" Her voice rises in aggravation and I know it's the sexual frustration talking. Let's face it, the real Claudine would have never let me go this far. So now I'm curious. I'm curious as to why she allowed this much to happen.

"Look Claudine, you and I both know that..."

"Oh shut the fuck up Justin! Would you make up your mind? You won! You won and now you don't want to?" She inquires incredulously and as much as I'm in physical pain right now because I just know I'll get blue balls after this, there's another type of pain that's taking over and it's scaring the shit out of me.

"No we weren't playing that game anymore remember?" I point out.

"Oh please, yes we were. It's just that it was over because you fucking won. You got to me...you infiltrated me and broke down my walls, but that's ok. What's the point right? If you can't beat them join them right?"

She's so cold, so unfeeling and uncaring. It's like she just doesn't give a shit anymore. That's a little disturbing.

"Claudine, look at what we've resorted to. I thought I could do it but I just....I can't." I sigh, avoiding eye contact with her as I scratch at my light stubble in thought.

"Oh stop being such a baby." She hisses and I scowl. "You fucking want me and I'm letting you have me so what's the big deal now? Frankly, I'm tired of us arguing. If we can just get this over with then we won't be down each other's throats and we can maybe finish your album in peace then move on with our lives." She snaps, her words cutting through me like knives.

Astonishment registers on my face causing her to arch a brow in question at me. So that's it huh? She's just doing this as some last resort, as some space filler to get us through the rest of our recording sessions? None of this means shit to her does it? She's just still playing her fucking game and trying to prove whatever point she wants to get across now. I was right...she really is a bitch.

 

 

"You just don't fucking get it Claudine! If that's what you think then no one fucking won and this game was ridiculous in the first place." I spit out, shocking her and myself for that matter. "We've both totally lost it, especially me because I actually thought... I mean, I wanted to kill that kid you were with Saturday night and I don't even know why." I lie. I know why, but I'm not going to tell her.

"What? What are you even talking about Justin? Look just forget it. You won, game over..."

"No! You stupid bit..." But I catch myself, trying to suppress my anger as I glare at her in detest. Why is she screwing with me like this?

Inhaling sharply, I shake my head, deciding to do the mature thing for once. I watch as she puts back on her jeans and I groan softly, remembering what it felt like just minutes ago to be connected to her in the most intimate way. We really are sick and twisted.

Sighing, I turn around to leave but her head snaps up when I move and she rushes over, gripping my arms, begging me to stay and talk to her.

"Justin...look I'm sorry ok? I know some of the things I said were harsh but you told me a lot of nasty things yourself. And...I'm sorry for hitting you even if you deserved it. But please, don't go. We still have to record. Just stay and talk to me please?"

Giving her a pained expression, my resolve begins to crack against my will in front of her and a slight moan of displeasure escapes me.

 

 

Calmly, I grip her hands and push her away from me forcefully, not wanting her near me all of a sudden. "Listen to me Claudine, no body fucking won the game ok? You didn't either because look at us now. You may pretend like you don't care but I know you do. Your eyes don't lie Claudine. I have a good idea what you're thinking and feeling because I'm experiencing the same thing too. Only, I'm not a coward like you. I'm not trying to hide it. I care...I fucking do and I never thought I would. I don't know when it happened but it did..."

She's gazing into my eyes, her browns glossy like I remember them earlier as her tears begin to rapidly form at the surface. Shaking her head in protest, I nod for her, knowing she's keeping all this shit inside. That's why she freaked out on me earlier. She was trying to push me away. That's why she's completely fucked now. That's why after she slapped me and I kissed her, she gave into me afterwards. She couldn't fight it...she couldn't deny the fact that we might be thinking and feeling the same fucking thing.

Then I finally decide to say it, the words feeling heavy and weighing me down when I do...

Looking into her eyes, I grip under her chin, watching as a few tears escape her when she blinks, but I make no attempt to wipe them away because this shit is the hardest thing I've ever had to say. "Claudine, like it or not I'm falling for you...already have. I've fallen hard and it's a fucking bitch. It's a bitch because, I don't even want to explore any of it further because really we would never work out and that's what's killing me. That's why I'm fighting it and I know that's why you're doing the same. That's what's eating me inside. To be falling in love with someone I could never fucking have is just..." But I stop myself and pull away from her when she whimpers because I'm baffled by my own words.

No, no this needs to end...

This ends now. I can't take anymore of this rollercoaster because I'm about to hurl I swear.

Before she can even get a word in, I cut her off with a raise of my hand. "When these two songs are done and the album is out, this is over...as in I want nothing to do with you outside these studio walls ever again." I snap, watching as she gasps by the harshness of my voice but she nods in response, agreeing with me.

"It's what's best." She smiles weakly while wiping away her tears and no it's not. It's just our only option right now since our lives are so far apart with our careers and everything. I'm leaving for tour in a few months for my album. She's going to be off wherever working with the next artist. And honestly, we'd need some serious time off if we ever decided to get into any type of relationship for it to work at least in the beginning stages since we have so many differences to overcome. None of that is possible right now.

This was only supposed to be simple recording sessions to get my album done but it turned into so much more. When did things change so drastically?

Sucking up my pride, I shake my head in agreement with her feeling my heart squeeze and palpitate in my chest as I let go of what I'm feeling for her in that one moment.

"Ok, ok then let's get those two songs done. The faster the better right?" She suggests, trying or more pretending to perk up a bit. Moving away from me, she walks back over to the soundboard, pausing briefly to stare at the table where we were just situated moments earlier before she catches herself and ups the volume to the beat that was playing in the background on repeat.

Passing my hands over my head in frustration, I call out to her, letting her know that I'm going to head out for something to drink and I'll be right back. I really just want to get away for a minute to clear my head and gather my thoughts.

When she waves me off in acknowledgement, I sigh exasperatingly and make my way to the exit, unlocking the door and swinging it open. Walking out into the hallway, I give Claudine one last glance before I slam the studio door shut behind me.

She's already built back up her walls, diving into her work and putting all of this behind her. I wish I could do the same. I know what I said, but I just can't let go of her completely. She...she's like my counterpart. How...how do you let go of someone like that?

Making my way down the halls to the vending machines, I notice Tim heading in my direction and I smile. I smile because I know Claudine won't quit anymore even if she maybe still wants to. At least, Tim doesn't have to know all the shit that went on this past weekend when he was gone.

Waving to him, I make a sign to let him know that Claudine is in the studio and that I'll be back shortly as I move to turn down into the next hallway.

Giving me a thumbs up, I tell him bye before he disappears out of sight and I continue on my journey for some liquid nourishment.

Yeah, what happened earlier took a lot more out of me emotionally than it did physically and besides it doesn't count if we stopped. No one won.

But shit, Claudine she...she was so fucking sweet. How the hell am I going to be able to do this? How can I just forget about her after, after being connected to her like I was earlier? We were right there...with me deep inside of her and just...how the fuck do I get that and her out of my mind? Goddamn it.

Still, after everything we've been through, I don't regret it all. There are just some parts I wish I could change if I knew then what I know now.

But in the end, I guess this is a lesson to be learnt...for the both of us.

Never put your feelings on the line unless you're prepared to possibly get your heart broken in the process...

 

End Notes:

*The End*

lol No I'm kidding, there's more. :-). Hope you guys liked it.

Session Five by d_simplicity

 

Five months later...

Session Five - Lesson Five

 

Lesson five: You can't control who your heart chooses to love even if you wish you could...

 

"Ok Alicia that sounded great! I think we're done for the day." I smile brightly, gazing at her sitting at the piano in the recording booth. Who would have thought I'd be here working with Alicia Keys? I guess some good did come out of JC dragging me to Trace's birthday bash all those months ago...

"Cool, I knew I made a great choice when I chose you Claudine. Plus, Justin's album has been on fire these past few months. I can't go anywhere without hearing one of his songs on the radio or on television. It's been labeled as his best album to date and he has you and Tim to thank for that. I can't wait for when my own drops. You're gold girl, everything you touch turns to gold." Alicia smiles warmly for me as she grabs her belongings to exit the recording booth and all I can do is give her a tight lipped smile and nod in agreement.

If only she was right. Maybe everything I touch musically turns to gold but every guy I encounter turns to shit on impact. And you know what? I haven't thought or dwelled on anything these past few months and I don't intend on starting now. I do miss my best friend though; who I have to say is still there for me when I need him. We were able to put the things that happened behind us and move on with our friendship.

Jake really is a great guy. I sometimes wished he was older and didn't have a future of being buried head deep in science books for his chosen career but alas, that's not happening. He went off to begin his new semester at University two months ago and all we do is stay in touch by telephone now. It's cool that we can still keep in contact and find out how the other person's life is working out, but it's bad when we're in different parts of the world and the time difference is this huge gap.

For instance, I'm stuck here, in Amsterdam with Alicia working on her new album. The only reason why we're even here is because she's going to be shooting a new video for her single that's due on the airways in a few weeks. It's an amazingly beautiful country, but I miss home. I miss my own bed, my old dull life and...ok I'll say it. I miss Justin. It's really obvious too with the way I've been moping around these past two weeks.

I haven't seen him in over four months. He successfully kept to his word and completely cut himself out of my life when his album dropped. We barely made the deadlines but luckily for us, after pulling an all-nighter, we were able to get everything out in the nick of time. That night was the last I saw of him.

He didn't need me for all his promotional work, he had Tim. He didn't need me there for his album release party or his birthday party for that matter because he was preparing for tour during that time and he successfully managed to forget about me.

I didn't think he could do it. I honestly thought that he...well you know the look in his eyes said so much. But maybe I read it wrong. Maybe it was just wishful thinking on my part because after that night when we practically started having sex then stopped, the look of anguish in his orbs was so strong, I knew at that very moment that we both made a terrible mistake in that stupid game we were playing. I think his heart broke right in front of me that night and there was nothing I could do to stop it or mend it because I was the cause.

So it's what....five months later and the only time I ever see him is with his face plastered on the television screen and in magazines or billboards...even here in Amsterdam. It's sick, because I like that I can keep up to date with his life, but it hurts as well. It hurts because two weeks ago, he announced his relationship with this hot actress who just broke out in Hollywood. I can't even remember her name now. I just know that she's beautiful with long flowing raven hair and bright blue eyes, much like Justin's own. Plus, she's tall and has that model-type body, only with a lot more curves in all the right places.

Well you know, it was expected sooner or later and really I'm happy for him. I am. He can't be single forever.

I just wish I could forget about him. I wish I could forget about what we shared that day in the studio when we became one even for that brief moment. It felt right; it felt like that was where we both belonged...that we belonged to each other. But then it ended just as soon as it started.

This is so wrong. I just, I just wish I could...stop loving him. I don't know when it happened but it did, and when I finally realized it, he was already gone and it killed me. I cried so much...I felt so alone. I hated myself for ever getting into this with him. I hated every minute of it. But, I'm sort of happy we shared that short time together because I allowed my feelings to grow and I hate to say it but they're still growing even without him here. That's life I guess. It's unfair at times and sometimes there is nothing you can do to change it.

I just know that it's been two weeks since I learned from the media he was officially off the market and my heart hasn't stopped aching yet. It's this yearning I've been having for him, wishing he was there, wishing that we spent more time getting along than fighting and wishing that I could tell him how I feel because I never got the chance to. He's probably still living with the fact that I hate him and if that's the case, then it must have made his choice to let me go a lot easier.

Well it's too late now. I have no way of contacting him, he's now taken and even so, he's somewhere down in Australia for one of the legs of his tour. We're in two completely different parts of the world. I guess I just need to suck it up and get over myself...

 

 

"I'm going to head out girl, will you be ok? You seemed a little spaced out today." Alicia walks over to me, eyeing me intently and I wasn't even aware that she exited the recording booth already.

"I'm good. I'm just going to make a few adjustments to your vocals and then I'm done for the day." I smile warmly.

There's a skeptic look in her eyes as she glances at the time on her wrist watch. "Ok but get some rest. We're in here first thing tomorrow. I don't want my Producer suffering from fatigue." She half-jokes.

"I promise." I assure and she nods as she makes her way towards the door to leave. Flipping back her dark straight hair, she slings her red side bag which matches the red dress she's wearing over her shoulders as she turns to face me one last time.

"If it's a guy Claudine, he wasn't even worth it if he let a catch like you get away." A sympathetic smile graces her face seconds later as she opens the studio door to leave. Well I had no idea I was an open book but I guess I can't hide my feelings as well as I thought I could.

Nodding slightly, I feel my throat tighten by her words knowing that I was the one who maybe pushed Justin away and not the other way around. Still, we had no other option in the matter. Starting a relationship would not have worked at all.

Sighing softly, Alicia waves 'bye' to me and swiftly leaves the studio, shutting the door behind her.

Oh great, so it's just me now...alone...sitting here wallowing in my misery.

Like hell I am. I'll work on her vocals tomorrow instead.

Standing up, I quickly begin shutting down the various systems and equipments determined to head back over to my hotel for a nice long bubble bath so I can turn in early tonight. I'm used to the lonely peaceful nights now that Justin isn't around to argue with. I haven't drunk an ounce of alcohol since we parted ways either so something positive came out of this. I have to say though that I'd down a shot of tequila in the blink of an eye if it meant he was back here with me, making my life a living hell.

It's all wishful thinking now.

Gazing around at the large finely furnished studio, I inhale sharply as I try to clear my thoughts for the most part.

Grabbing my belongings, I fix my white blouse into the waist of my skin tight jeans before I move around to shut off the lights and lock up for the night.

Thank god for rentals because a taxi just won't cut it tonight with the state I'm in...

 

*****

Some time later...

Back at the hotel...

 

I got in a few minutes ago and I just entered my suite only to realize that I left the television running this entire time!? Oh no, I could have sworn I turned it off before I left this morning but I was such in a rush I obviously bypassed that task.

Sighing loudly, I drop my bag and keys unto a nearby table before I amble into the kitchenette to grab a bottle of water from the fridge.

I don't speak Dutch or any other language other than English, so not being able to read the contents of what I'm eating and drinking can be a little bothersome but I know water is universal. Last night I mistook sugar for salt when I was cooking up some rice so even if I never ate ‘sweet rice' before it was truly something new. I blame myself for not tasting the contents before I put them in.

Twisting the cap of the water bottle off, I instantly bring the bottle to my lips, taking a few large gulps. Damn, that feels good.

Discarding the water bottle soon after, I begin moving around, taking in the spacious hotel suite which is nothing out of the regular. It has a 'creamish' color scheme to it. There's a small dining area, a kitchenette, the bedroom area and the small living room which consists of a three-seat sofa and a small coffee table.

Oh which reminds me, the television.

Ambling into the living room, I gaze around noticing that the yellow lights are on and dimmed. The television is playing faintly in the background and I instantly look around for the remote.

Frowning, I walk up towards the sofa but suddenly stop dead in my tracks when I take in what appears to be a human form sprawled out on my sofa breathing deeply.

"What the hell?" Leaning slightly over to get a better view, my eyes widen in shock and I gasp when I make out the features of who is practically sound asleep on my sofa in my hotel suite.

"Justin!?" I scream at the top of my lungs, watching how he jumps up from sleep in fright, toppling over and landing with a loud thud on the carpeted floor.

Slapping my palms over my mouth, I reverse in shock while shaking my head in disbelief.

If I thought I was dreaming and he wasn't actually here, I would have laughed at his expense, but this is no dream and I'm wide awake.

My heartbeat instantly picks up, the harsh thumping against my ribcage causing me to inhale sharply.

Oh god, what happening now?

Reversing until my back is slammed against the wall, I continue to watch him in awe as he picks himself off the floor tiredly, wiping at his sleepy eyes.

"Jesus woman, did you have to scream like a banshee like that? You nearly gave me a heart attack." He whispers softly with his back facing me.

Nearly gave him a heart attack? He's the one in my hotel suite unannounced! How the hell did he even get in here? I refuse to believe that he charmed the receptionist into letting him in here though I'm pretty sure that's what he did.

Blinking rapidly, I hold my breath when he finally whips around to face me with a large grin on his face. His eyes widen slightly by the sight of me and the grin on his face spreads even wider, like that's even possible. He doesn't waste time examining me, his deep blues roaming over my frame before he locks eyes with me finally, a hint of curiosity twinkling behind his orbs.

"You look amazing Claudine." He says softly, staring intensely into my deep browns. "You cut your hair, but it's still cute." He points out my obvious hair cut where my hair is barely touching my shoulders now. It's not extreme but it's still noticeable.

And I'm still just there standing and staring with my hand still covering my mouth. I'm frozen solid in place as Justin moves around the sofa to approach me.

He looks the same to me, but then again I've been able to keep up with his subtle yet apparent physical changes. His hair has a lighter golden blonde color to it than usual, and it's long enough where the ends are slightly curling. His beard is light and shaped perfectly and I'm guessing he's wearing contacts because his blues are darker than usual. He has on some dark William Rast jeans and a blue plain t-shirt and by the drained look on his face, I'd say he just got off a plane not too long ago...

"I know this is sudden and unexpected but uh I needed to come see you. I hope that's ok and you're not too angry with my uninvited visit." He explains, finally walking up to me close enough for me to feel his body heat and dear god this is torture.

Dropping my hands to my side, I open my mouth to speak but nothing comes out as I glance up at him.

I can't believe he's here.

Wait, why is he here?

"Cat got your tongue?" Justin chuckles lightly. Dipping his head to take in my expressions, a small frown forms on his face. "I've missed you Claudine and I know you maybe hate me for showing up like this but I just..." Drifting off, he inhales deeply before stuffing his hands in his pockets and taking a step back. Chuckling nervously, his eyes dart around the room briefly before they resume their position on me. "Aren't you going to say anything?" He inquires.

Yes, I love you... "What are you doing here?" Or that could work too.

"I told you I came to..."

 

 

"But why are you here?" Ok, I'm not sure why I'm being so curt but I mean I need to get over the fact that he's here when he should be on tour in Australia. Has he lost his damn mind?

"I've missed you." He says shyly with a hint of pain in his tone as he turns his head away from me. "If you don't want me here just say so and I'll leave." Pulling his hands out of his pockets, he swipes his palms over his hair before he scratches under his stubble. The moment he makes a move to leave, I rush up to him, grabbing his arm to stop him, the instant physical contact sending shivers down my spine as heat fills my entire body.

I think he feels it too because he shudders and expels air from his lungs harshly as his body relaxes under my touch. "No don't go. I've missed you too." I whisper, watching how his eyes gloss over as he looks down at me.

And without saying anything else, he easily closes the gap between us, engulfing me in a tight hug. Wrapping my arms around him, I allow him to hold on to me as he buries his head in the crook of my neck, taking in deep breaths. Shutting my eyes, I get lost in his scent of cologne mixed with soap. I really have missed him, but I can't do this.

When I whimper, Justin pulls away to look at me with concern in his eyes. "What's wrong?" He asks, wiping under my eyes when a few tears unwillingly escape.

God, life is so fucking unfair!

"Nothing." I try to move away but he tightens his hold on my waist keeping me in place.

"You've gone from shock to tears Claudine. It's something." He points out and I sigh because obviously it's something! It's him! It's him being here right now with me when I least expected it...after...after five fucking months! Why after all this time?

Rooting myself out of his hold, I stumble back a bit noting the dejected expression on his face by my movements.

"After all this! After everything, after five months Justin what the fuck are you doing here in Amsterdam when you're supposed to be in Australia on tour? Huh?" I snap and his eyes widen in astonishment.

"You know where I'm supposed to be? You've been following my schedule?" He says with a hint of surprise in his voice.

"That's besides the point. How did you cancel your tour dates to be here?" I inquire.

"I...uh...I didn't?" He rubs the back of his neck nervously and I'm having a hard time believing that.

"You're telling me you just suddenly up and said, damn I miss Claudine and decided to hop on a damn plane out here?" I ask incredulously and he's looking at me like some young boy who got caught doing something he's not supposed to be doing.

"A private jet actually, but yeah pretty much." He shrugs, taking a step towards me but I take one back. "I wanted to see you Claudine. Is that a crime? I'm sure you see me all the time on television. Unfortunately for me, I don't have that privilege when it comes to you and it finally drove me crazy to the point where I was ready to rip my hair out. I had to do something about it." He tries to explain but I can suddenly feel my anger building.

He just thinks that he can pop in whenever he wants to satisfy his ailments and it's ok? It's not ok. He can't just show up when he wants thinking I'll be readily available to him. I'm not his producer anymore...I'm not his anything as a matter of fact.

"You can't just show up on a whim Justin. What if...what if I brought company over?" I suggest and I watch as his face contorts in displeasure, his orbs searching mine.

"I...I don't know. I'm sorry." Bowing his head, he pinches the bridge of his nose and I'm wondering why he's so pensive and even somber like this. This isn't like him.

Sighing, I walk up to him, gently passing my hands over his cheek causing him to look at me longingly. "Justin, it's been five months. You can understand that this is very weird."

"It doesn't have to be." He breathes out, gripping my hand with his to place my palms flat across his chest. I can feel his rigorous heartbeat against his firm chest and I know he wants me to feel what I'm doing to him but I just can't do this...not again.

"What about your girlfriend?" I painfully force out, realizing that he's not even single to be doing this craziness like flying out to Amsterdam to see me. What would his precious girlfriend think?

He instantly tenses when I say that. What he thinks I didn't know? He's everywhere! Of course I know!

"Uh I don't..."

"Don't lie to me Justin. Remember who's the celebrity here." I point out and he nods slightly before narrowing his eyes at me like he's done so many times in the past.

"You're well on your way to obtaining the curse too you know."

"I didn't know being a celeb was a curse. Don't change the topic Justin. Your girlfriend would be pissed if she knew what you pulled. I'm betting your entire tour crew, bodyguards and manager are flipping out right now."

"Well, Lonnie is here with me, but other than him, I'm pretty sure the rest are going crazy with my disappearance. I had to bribe Lonnie not to talk. I'll be back soon. I'm leaving tomorrow night. I'll only miss one show. I'll be sure to have a makeup concert and give refunds."

He makes it seem so easy but I know those people are shitting their pants now that their superstar is on a different continent without informing them. He's throwing his entire tour off balance by doing this. He really is crazy.

Pouting, I shake my head before he continues speaking. "And uh, I would be in trouble if I still had a girlfriend but after I've called her 'Claudine' like countless times in the past few weeks I can understand if she doesn't want to continue this with me since my heart is somewhere else clearly..." He says this lowly with a light smile on his face and I'm just staring at him blankly.

"You didn't." I can't help but smile myself because I'm sure she gave him shit for that slip up.

"She hates me. It's the shortest relationship I've ever been in. Besides, I called her that even before we got together and she never called me out for it. I guess when we were together she expected differently, I don't know..." He's laughing now and I can't help but giggle. That's just cruel. Oh god, all of this is too bizarre but then if any part of this encounter was normal I'd be worried.

"Unbelievable." I mutter as Justin snakes his hands around my waist, pulling me into him.

"No, what's unbelievable is that I'm actually here with you and even after five months I can't stop loving you." His tone is soft and fades into a whisper as he connects our foreheads together and I have to say that I agree. Maybe this isn't so bad? Maybe this was meant to happen right?

Maybe...

Maybe I can tell him now.

 

 

"I know what you mean; I feel the same way."

That caught his attention. He's looking at me with wide eyes like I just said the world was coming to an end or something.

"What?!"

Smiling, I lean up and peck his lips lightly, feeling his fingers dig into my sides before I pull away to look at him. "I love you too Justin. I have for a while now." Giving him a shy grin, I giggle when he breathes a sigh of relief.

"I knew I couldn't have been that off with reading you." He chuckles and I smack his chest lightly while relaxing in his hold.

"Yeah...wow...this is surreal." I state and he hums in agreement. "So what now?" I enquire noting how he gets lost in thought.

"I don't know Claudine. Do you really think we could make this work?" He inquires and do I really think that? I'm not sure.

"We could try. I mean we haven't argued yet. This is a new record for us."

"Yeah." He laughs out. "I think we might make it yet. Besides, I'm not going to be able to see you with anyone else so you're stuck with me babe." He says overconfidently.

"Whatever ‘the boss'." I mock him, remembering how all of this started.

"So, I guess that makes you ‘misses boss' huh? Since we're alike and all that."

"I guess that makes you insane." I giggle and he scowls but smiles nonetheless before he leans down, pausing briefly to whisper ‘I love you' before connecting his soft pink lips to mine.

I gladly welcome the gesture, feeling my entire body set on fire. God I've missed this...all of this. And I've certainly missed him. I'm happy he showed up here because heaven knows I would have never had the balls to do what he did.

Still, he's here now and that's all that matters.

Wrapping my arms around his neck, I pull him in deepening the kiss, loving his hums of approval. He lets out a throaty growl before pushing me backwards until I'm glued against the wall, his hands softly massaging my sides.

Ok, so me and Justin in a relationship is going to be challenging but, I'm willing to try and withstand the good and bad times that will come our way. I'm just happy that it's with him and that we didn't walk out of each other's lives forever.

Moaning into the kiss when his tongue skillfully battles with mine, I allow myself to get lost in his touch, his kiss, his body heat mixed with mine and just his presence on a whole. I don't want to be anywhere else but here right now.

When our kisses become more intense and desirable I forcefully pull away to gaze at Justin, noting how his lips are already slightly swollen.

"Justin..." I whisper, causing him to eye me lazily.

"Hmmm...."

"Make love to me...now." I smile bashfully as my cheeks redden slightly because I never pictured myself saying anything like this to him. Still, it feels right and I think it's about time we killed the crazy sexual tension that's been building between us. The first time didn't count, but now...now will count.

"Are you sure?" There's hesitancy in his voice though he seems to be excited about this.

"Yes." I coo.

Just as I utter my answer a shrilling sound goes off and I realize that it's his cell phone. Pulling the device out of his pocket, he looks at the caller ID and frowns before he shuts the phone off completely ignoring the call, tossing it on the sofa.

"I think I can be killed later by my management team and crew for pulling the stunt I did. But right now, we have a game to put to a close...we have unfinished business babe..." He chuckles and I laugh out because he's crazy if he thinks we're still playing this never ending game. I know he's joking but still, it makes things interesting so I accept his challenge.

"Who wears who out first?" I say playfully and he wriggles his eyebrows.

"Oh now you're talking. I'm jet lagged and you're drained from being in the studio with Alicia whole day. I think we're evenly matched for that." There's amusement shining through his beautiful orbs because he knows that I'm surprised that he knows my schedule. That little stalker. Not that I wasn't doing the same, but the media made it ‘ok' for me to do.

"You're on hotshot." I smile, gripping his shirt to push him back and pull him with me towards the bedroom.

Allowing me to handle him, he grips my waist to steady his self as a mischievous grin spreads across his face. "Ok, but if I win I'm crowned the ‘ultimate boss.' And you have to do anything I ask you to do for an entire week." He points out and I scoff.

"Ok, but if I win, you admit that you've wanted me the very first day we met in Johnny's office."

"That's too easy, and your answer is hell yeah!"

Shaking my head in disbelief, I continue to haul him towards the bedroom stopping at the entrance to look up at him. "And, you do whatever I ask you to do for an entire week." I point out and he lets out a deep throaty growl in anticipation. Judging by the growing bulge in his jeans, I'd say he's already immensely turned on just like I am.

Arching a brow in interest, he darts out his tongue to lick his lips sensually before he starts undressing me with his eyes. "Deal..."

 

Session Six (The Finale) by d_simplicity
Author's Notes:
stories/160/images/rssmall.jpg

Yay! I got the final chapter done and I made sure to make it entertaining so I hope you all enjoy it and thank you so much to everyone who read and commented. The feedback was great! I'm sad it's over so soon but I'll be sure to be back with another short in the near future. hehe. Enjoy your read guys and take caution when reading! :)

 


Session Six - Lesson six

 

"There's a difference between interest and commitment. When you're interested in doing something, you do it only when circumstance permit. When you're committed to something, you accept no excuses, only results." - Unknown

 

Flashback...

 

"Hmmm, this definitely beats arguing." Justin says softly in a low sensual growl as he crawls over me with a large smile on his face.

Looking up at him from where I'm laying on the sheets, I smirk before I grip the back of his neck and yank him down onto me suddenly. His breath hitches in his throat from the sudden impact of our two very naked bodies colliding together. Snaking my arms down his frame, I feel the muscles in his broad back go rigid from my touch as he nestles himself between my legs.

I have to admit that both of us were a little eager to get to this point since we began groping at each other as articles of clothing were quickly being torn off while we stumbled over to the bed.

But, now that we're here, limbs tangled in a mixture of skin tones, I can't help the fact that my heart is pounding out of my chest from how amazing this all is. I can feel the rigorous pulse of Justin's heartbeat against me too as he lifts his head to stare at me with glassy blues.

"I was thinking..." He drawls lazily as his hands dip down between us making a lazy trail down to my belly button, before he dips one finger in my navel to tickle me slightly, causing me to giggle. "How about we call it a tie and both just alternate weeks with the whole ‘slave bit?'" He asks hopefully and I smirk as I lift my long legs to wrap them snuggly around his slender waist.

"How about we don't? You get first dibs, you're on top." I giggle when he rolls his eyes then bends his head down to brush my lips softly with his.

"No Claudine. I want our first time to be some form of special and not rushed and animalistic. We could always postpone it instead for the next time." He wriggles his eyebrows before diving to my neck to kiss me lightly there and I squirm beneath him but freeze solid when I feel his dick pulsing against my inner thigh.

"Ugh, fine but what about now?" I mutter.

"I told you we'll alternate the weeks. You get the first week and I'll get the second. We do whatever the person asks, no matter how outlandish it might be. Nothing life threatening though." His voice is muffled against my flesh as the hot air he blows out tickles my skin.

Swallowing the lump in my throat, I nod dumbly, too caught up to give a verbal reply when his soft lips connect to my neck, his wet tongue sliding out to taste my flesh with long, torturous licks.

"Uh shit..." I moan lightly, feeling Justin smile against me. "Technically, this is our second time." I manage to force out and he stops before lifting his head to glare at me.

"No, the first time didn't count. We stopped." He points out with a hint of annoyance in his tone.

"No, you stopped." I correct and a small scowl begins forming on his face. Maybe this isn't the best time to bring that day up. It wasn't the best memory.

"We're not having this discussion right now Claudine." Justin growls deeply before returning to his task, the rest of my words drowning in the moan I just released when he gets a suction going as his large hands move around my body, feeling me...exploring every nook and cranny on my form before they rest on my breasts, twisting and flicking my nipples lightly until they both harden.

"Shit, Justin you're doing this on purpose." I whine, gasping when his hands make their decent south until they're stationed between my thighs grazing over my sensitive folds.

Yelping slightly when his fingertips rub softly over my bud, I squirm and shift, sliding higher up on the bed until my head reaches the headboard. Gripping chunks of the sheets at my side, Justin pulls back with a lustful, hungry glow in his eyes as he groans deeply, his voice coming out in a low hum.

"Where are you going?" He chortles slightly but it soon dies in his throat when his eyes begin roaming, wondering over my nakedness under the dim lighting. "Damn, you're beautiful." He mutters more to his self than to me.

When I make another movement to get away from him since I'm suddenly feeling antsy and a bit nervous because I know what we're about to do is going to change everything for us and I'm trying to figure out if I'm really ready or not, Justin lets out a harsh grunt before gripping my waist tightly.

"Oh no baby, get your ass back over here." And with that said, he gives me a hard tug, forcefully pulling me down beneath him until I slide back into place and he smiles triumphantly. "I've barely touched you Claudine." Justin laughs out.

"Is this really...are we really ready?" God I feel so ridiculous, like some scared virgin.

"We wouldn't be here if we weren't. Now shut up and take it like the big girl I know you are." His tone is deep, throaty and sexy and I love it.

When I open my mouth to protest again, Justin places his fingers against my lips to silence me before he begins sliding down, down, down, until his face disapears and is nestled between my legs.

 

 

Shit, I know what he's about to do and before I can stop him, my eyes widen in shock and I gasp when his tongue whips out and skillfully flicks my folds and bud, one, two, three times before he applies a little pressure and I begin to pulse against his lips.

"Oh my god..." I gasp, my hands diving to his head and he doesn't waste any time in creating a steady rhythm of swirling, licking and sucking on my bud and opening. Massaging his head of hair, I shut my eyes as my hips buck involuntarily towards him causing his tongue to dip into my opening slightly, eliciting a deep guttural moan from me. "Shit, god don't stop Justin." I pant and he hums in response, the vibration of his voice sending shivers through my body.

Lifting one of his hands up to massage the tender skin of my inner thighs, he inserts one of his long fingers into my center before adding another one as his suction on my clit remains. Breathing hard, my back arches off the bed when he begins thrusting in and out of me with his long fingers, curling them slightly upwards to graze against my g-spot. His pace is steady and forceful as his suction increases causing my walls to clamp around him when I feel a wave of pleasure and heat rush through my core. God, I can't take anymore of this. I'm so fucking close already. I really hate that he has this much power over me, causing me to completely surrender to his ministrations.

When my breathing picks up and I grip a chunk of Justin's short hair tightly, he slows down his speed until his fingers slip out and he pulls away from me, causing me to gasp from his absence. Lifting himself up, I watch with wide eyes as he licks his fingers clean with a smirk on his face.

"You taste sweet." He says in a raspy tone and I can feel my cheeks turning all shades of red now, but he doesn't seem to mind.

Coming down from my slight high, I sigh contently when he positions himself between my legs again. Taking one of his hands and moving it between us, he slowly begins stroking his thick throbbing dick, rubbing it along my slits, driving me crazy.

"Ugh, shit Justin please..." I gasp before gripping his shoulders when he begins pushing against me but stops abruptly.

"Please what?" He inquires, his blues searching my browns intently.

"Just put it in." I mutter mindlessly and he chuckles slightly.

"Put what in?" He teases.

"Ah you asshole! Just..." Deciding to take matters into my own hands, I grip his hips tightly with my legs and pull him forward into me, causing the head of his dick to sink into my awaiting entrance.

"Shit Claudine." Justin grunts, as his hands fall on the bed on either side of my body to hold up his weight.

"Uh god yes..." I moan, slightly releasing my hold on Justin so he can take over.

"Damn," He groans, slowly sliding his way in until he can't go any further. Stopping briefly, he pulls out almost completely before pushing back into my burning core. "You're so cruel." He jokes before picking up his pace almost instantly as he steadily thrusts in and out of me, my walls extending to accommodate his size.

Shutting my eyes tightly at the sensations that take over, I keep a tight grip on his shoulder trying to keep up with his pace. Justin's thrusts are steady and powerful as his hips swivel ever so slightly creating a rhythmic flow in his movements.

Matching his rhythm, I arch off the bed slightly when I feel myself already clamping around him from my building orgasm. My eyes are still closed but I can hear him panting and groaning above me as he places kisses along my mounds, collarbone, chin and then lips.

"God, I love you...." He whispers and my eyes instantly flutter open to gaze into his penetrating blues.

Opening my mouth to respond, my voice dies into a moan when he picks up the pace since I'm contracting around him, not able to control myself for much longer. "I...I love you too Jus...shit..." I cry out, my mouth hanging open slightly when Justin grips my hips tightly, pulling me towards him as his dick begins pulsing inside of me.

He's literally slamming into me now as he tries to hold off his own orgasm for as long as he can. Softly scraping my fingernails down his muscular arms, his hip bucks and a low groan escapes his full lips as he continues fucking me, never once slowing down his speed as he works on getting us both over the edge.

I still can't believe this is happening. I can't believe we're here right now like this, connected again in the most intimate way. I know this shouldn't be emotional for me but it is because deep down I'm such a soft sap. I can't get over how amazing this all is...how unbelievable this feels with Justin so close, his body heat mixed with mine and his heartbeat in tune with my own. Smiling slightly, I feel a rush of tears overpower me threatening to spill out of my eyes, but I will them away before moaning out Justin's name when my orgasm breaks through, claiming my body and causing me to jerk as my walls close down around him.

"jesus...fuck babe." He grunts, his thrusts now short and harsh as my walls milk him out of his own release...feeling him coat my walls with his white sticky substance. Gasping, Justin shuts his eyes tightly before leaning down to capture my lips in a heated kiss, suffocating my cries as he continues to move roughly inside of me, riding our orgasms out for as long as possible.

 

 

It's not long before his actions slow to a complete stop and he collapses on top of me. Wrapping his arms around my waist, he flips us over until he's laying on his back and I'm sprawled out across him as he remains buried inside of me still semi-hard and pulsing.

"Goddamn..." He breathes out as his blues search my browns filled with adoration.

Placing my palms on his firm chest, I push myself up to get a better look at him. Leaning forward, I place a light kiss on his nose and then lips before I rest my head down against his chest, my ear pressed firmly against his flesh. I can hear the rampant beating of his heart as it creates its own musical pattern for my listening pleasure.

"We should definitely do this more often." I joke, feeling the vibrations of Justin's chuckles as he skims his palms over my damp back until they slide down to rest above the curve of my butt.

"I definitely agree." He mocks me. "Plus, it sure beats fighting with you, though I enjoyed driving you crazy." He snickers and I pinch his sides lightly causing him to jump.

"Ouch, ok, ok. I'm sorry." He chortles and I sigh against his skin before kissing his chest lightly then swirling my tongue over his nipple hearing him moan softly. "If you get me hard again Claudine, I guarantee you'll regret it." Justin warns and I scoff.

"Fine, but only because I'm spent." I agree.

"Uh huh, well maybe we should get up or something. I should probably call Trace and Johnny to let them know where I am and that I'll be heading back to Australia tomorrow since they're maybe going crazy right now." Justin suggests before he tries to roll me off of him but I protest.

"No...no lets stay like this a little bit longer please?" I beg. He's still buried inside of me growing limp and I'm just not ready for us to detach just yet.

Sighing in defeat, he grabs the cover on the side of us opening it the best way he can since I'm laying on top of him and places it over us to shield our bodies from the cold air. "Ok, but in the morning I'm giving them a call. Maybe when you're done with Alicia's album you could come out and join me on tour?" He asks hopefully and I smile against his chest as he slicks his fingers through my hair.

"I'd like that." I yawn lightly while feeling his lips press against my forehead in a soft kiss.

"Baby, you're not planning on falling asleep like this on top of me are you?" Justin asks incredulously but he tightens his hold around my waist almost immediately after.

"Why not?" I retort.

"Hmmm...I swear to you Claudine, if we stay like this, I'm going to get turned on again." He warns and I finally lift my head to glare at him, my breasts rubbing against his abs.

"You don't hear me protesting do you?" I smile mischievously at him and he just laughs out in response.

"JC was right you know. If I got under your skin half as much as you got under mine, then we were bound to end up together eventually." He says this proudly as his eyes twinkle under the dim lighting.

I can't help but giggle by that fact, because I'm only now realizing that JC must have known Justin was the cause of my distress all those months ago. Still, I have to agree here...he was right.

"You want to know what I'm thinking right now?" I coo.

"What?" Justin's eyes light up in anticipation.

"Exactly what I'm going to have you do as my slave when I join you on tour in about two months since that's when Alicia is scheduled to finish recording." I explain.

"Hmm, well it better not be anything too eccentric because you have the first week. Which means for the second week which will be mines, payback will be a real bitch."

I just brush him off, not caring about any of that, because I just came up with the coolest plan and I know he's going to get back at me for it, but I'm pretty sure it's going to be worth it.

"Pssshhhh...bring it on Justin." I smile and he arches a brow, his curiosity shinning through since I'm not backing down.

I really love that we're like this now and I hope it never changes. This is how I always want us to be even after we fight, because I'm sure that's going to be a regular occurence with us. Still, I wouldn't trade it for the world. I think we can make this work even with the distance that's going to be between us.

But, even if I'm going to miss him when he leaves, it won't be so bad since I'm going to see him again and that first week I join him on tour should prove to be very interesting indeed...

 

End Of Flashback....

 

****

Two And A Half Months Later...

 

That night I spent with Claudine in Amsterdam was seriously life changing for me in so many ways. I was going crazy not being able to be around her or even tell her how I felt. I knew I made a mistake to walk away all those months ago so I had to make it right. I had to see her again and get her to accept me as a part of her life. I loved her and it was painfully obvious that I 'couldn't live without her.' It was crazy, but getting on that jet and flying out to her was the best choice I made in a long time.

I always seem to space out, daydreaming about that perfect moment we shared back in her hotel suite where everything seemed just right. I didn't care that my manager and best friend ate me out for what I did the next day. I didn't care about having to apologize to my fans because I love them and they got a free concert as my apology. All I cared about was the fact that she was finally going to be mine after months and months of fighting and being down each other's throats. We've know each other for well over a year now and I don't regret ever meeting her that day in Johnny's office like I thought I did. It was meant to happen. Plus, she held up her promise and joined me on tour two months later.

She's amazing, she really is, but like I've stated before Claudine Diggans is a force to be reckoned with and now just proves my point. I'm not sure how she talked me into this, but I swear I'm going to get her back for this. I warned her when we made that deal. I told her payback was going to be a bitch and next week when it's my turn, she's going to be ‘my bitch.'

 

 

"Justin you're on in ten..." Trailing off, my stage manager gives me one glance before his face contorts in confusion and amusement. "Did I miss something about the change in wardrobe?" He asks, looking through his clipboard and I growl angrily.

"No...no. I'm pretty sure I did this without the consent of my stylist because she's freaking out as we speak." I point out angrily.

"Wow, so uh...you're going out there dressed like that huh?" He's laughing now, shaking his head at me while giving me a sympathetic stare.

"It's not funny man." I snap before folding my arms across my chest.

"Oh yes it is." Someone else retorts. That was Claudine.

Walking up to us with shades on her face blocking out her bright brown orbs, she looks at me with a large smile on her face before moving over to give me a peck on my lips. I gladly accept the gesture but I'm still pissed off with her right now no matter how cute she looks in her casual floral dress.

"I can't believe you talked me into this." I whine, pouting in the process.

"Oh get over it you big baby, you could have said no." She says knowing damn well I couldn't have because she threatened me with leaving the tour if I didn't agree and I really don't want her to go since she just got here. So, I'm doing this.

"Just shut up Claudine and wipe that smug smile off your face. This isn't over." I growl while pointing my finger at her.

"I know." She pulls off her shades to wink at me, and I simply grip her arm, pulling her with me towards the stage where my crew is waiting to hand me my microphone so I can go out there on stage after waving off my stage manager.

We're actually in New York for this leg of the tour and I'm about to put on a concert in front of thousands of screaming fans here in Madison Square garden wearing a fucking pants made of spandex, a muscle tight shirt, a matching leather jacket and a fucking wig and mustache. I'm not sure if it's obvious, but she made me dress just like my character from this movie I did some time back called the Love Guru. I fucking hate her for making me do this. God, this is so embarrassing.

Making it over to my dancers and crew members with Claudine in tow, I watch as everyone takes in my attire, some gasping, others snickering and some just staring in complete bewilderment.

"Don't ask." I hiss and they simply remain silent before taking their places to run out on stage as the intro to my latest track filters throughout the arena. Grabbing my microphone from one of my crew members with a scowl on my face, I give Claudine one last glance before breaking out into a smile at how cute she looks amused.

"You know you're going to suffer for this." I whisper, pulling her in for a kiss before I end it and take my position to head out.

"I have no doubt, but I wouldn't have it any other way. Besides, I think your fans will thank me for this since that pants leaves little to the imagination." She teases me with a nudge and I shake my head, already contemplating all the possibilities of torture I'm going to implement on her.

"You have no idea baby. You're so lucky I love you. Wish me luck though." I plaster a large grin on my face when my cue comes up and I wink for her before running out onto the stage hearing the screams of my fans intensify when I come into view.

They're really eating my appearance up, and I'm pretty sure this is going to be all over the media by the time this show is over but I don't mind. Oh no, I don't mind at all because this new game Claudine and I are playing now has only just begun and I'm pretty sure that by the time it's over, I'll gain that title of being ‘the ultimate boss' because really...no matter the outcome, one fact still and will always remain and that's I.Never.Lose.

 

*The End*

 

This story archived at http://nsync-fiction.com/archive/viewstory.php?sid=810