On and On by Christine
Summary: Kathryn Kelly has raised her son and now that he's grown up and started a career of his own, she's pretty much on her own. Enter Justin Timberlake.
Categories: Completed Het Stories Characters: Justin Timberlake
Awards: None
Genres: General
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 11 Completed: Yes Word count: 20552 Read: 22994 Published: Apr 22, 2008 Updated: May 04, 2008

1. Chapter 1 by Christine

2. Chapter 2 by Christine

3. Chapter 3 by Christine

4. Chapter 4 by Christine

5. Chapter 5 by Christine

6. Chapter 6 by Christine

7. Chapter 7 by Christine

8. Chapter 8 by Christine

9. Chapter 9 by Christine

10. Chapter 10 by Christine

11. Chapter 11 by Christine

Chapter 1 by Christine
-October 2028- 

Kathryn hit the garage door button as she pulled her Nissan XTERRA into the driveway. She had left work early that day since her son, BJ, was expected home from his fall tour. He had been gone for almost two months and she hadn't seen him for a couple of weeks.

 

BJ was Kathryn's only child and he was her pride and joy. Her husband had passed away shortly before his 6th birthday and since then it had only been the two of them. The time had been rough but it was all worth it to watch her son grow and achieve his dreams.

 

She parked the SUV in the garage and grabbed her bag from the passenger seat. Kathryn headed inside the house. She walked to the kitchen and got started on dinner for BJ.

 

"Ma!" Kathryn heard a loud clutter as BJ dropped his bags on the floor in the hall.

 

"Brasen!" Kathryn's tone mocked his as she walked to the hall. A smile crossed over her features as she saw her son. He smiled too and wrapped his arms around in a hug. "I missed you." She kissed his cheek.

 

"I missed you too," he sighed and rocked them back and forth. Brasen pulled away with a smile.

 

"I think you grew some more," Kathryn grinned. "My little boy … all grown up." She reached up and rubbed his shoulder and back quickly. Brasen blushed. "I started some dinner. So come and talk to me. How was your trip back?"

 

"It was good," BJ yawned. "I am sooo glad to be home." He sat down at the kitchen table and watched her move to the fridge.

 

"I'm glad you're home too," Kathryn pulled out the milk carton and got out a glass. "How long are you home?" She poured him a glass of milk and walked over to where he was sitting. She handed him his glass and sat down at the table.

 

"Just for a couple of weeks," he paused. "I think." BJ took a sip of milk and set the glass down on the table top. Kathryn and BJ sat there quietly for a few minutes, just enjoying the silence.

 

"I'm so proud of you, BJ," Kathryn said wistfully. She patted his knee and stood up. "So tell me about the rest of the tour." Kathryn walked over to the stove and finished cooking their dinner. She listened with open ears while BJ told her about the shows and whatever else had kept him away.

 

Kathryn finished cooking a few minutes later and they sat down to dinner. The conversation continued through the meal before BJ excused himself to get settled in. Kathryn watched her son leave the room to move his bags. She was glad he was home.

 

"Do you need any help?" Kathryn asked. BJ walked back through the kitchen with a couple of bags over his shoulder and one in his hands.

 

"I got it," BJ answered.

 

"Okay," She rinsed off their dishes and put them in the dishwasher. "Put your dirty clothes in the laundry and I will start it later!"

 

"K!" She heard him yell.

 

-----------------------------------

 

A few hours later Kathryn was sitting at the dining room table grading papers. She could see BJ dosing off on the couch while he watched TV. He sat up a few minutes later and stretched.

 

"I'm going to bed Ma," Brasen stood up and flipped the TV off. He walked over to the table and leaned over and kissed her cheek.

 

"You sleep well," Kathryn smiled. "I love you."

 

"Love you too." BJ said. "Good night."

 

"Night," She said as he walked out of the room and headed towards the bedrooms. Kathryn stayed up a little while longer to finish grading the papers.

 

-----------------------------------

 

"Brasen," Kathryn knocked on the door and opened it. She sighed seeing her son sleeping soundly. She knew that he was exhausted from being on tour. "BJ." Kathryn walked into the bedroom. He groaned and rolled over.

 

"What?" BJ responded and yawned. His eyes just barely opened.

 

"I'm leaving for work now. There's some food in the kitchen if you get hungry," She leaned over and kissed his forehead. "Get some sleep."

 

"I will," He nodded. "See you later."

 

"Bye," Kathryn smiled and walked out the door. She grabbed her bag and left the house. Kathryn arrived at the Catholic school she taught at twenty minutes later and pulled into her spot. She walked into the small building with a smile already seeing some of the students.

 

Kathryn walked into the work room and gathered her mail from her box and then headed down the hall towards her classroom. She had been teaching first grade at this school for almost nineteen years and enjoyed it immensely.

 

"Kat," Emma Carter, her colleague, stopped her in the hall.

 

"Hey Emma," Kathryn smiled. "What can I do for you?"

 

"Did Brasen get home okay?" She asked.

 

"Yeah he did. Thanks for asking and thanks again for watching my class yesterday afternoon," Kathryn said.

 

"You're welcome," Emma said. "We're still going to watch 'Tarzan' at two right?"

 

"Yeah," Kathryn answered, "in my room."

 

"K," Emma disappeared into her classroom. Kathryn unlocked her room door and step inside. She flipped on the lights and set her bag down on the desk. She pulled out the papers she had graded last night and started to walk around the room placing them on the proper desks.

 

Kathryn finished getting ready for the day just in time for the first of her students to show up.

 

"Hi Mrs. Kelly!" Anna said coming into the room. A bright smile was across her face.

 

"Good morning Anna. How are you?"

 

"Good," Anna answered and hung her bag up in the back of the classroom. She sat down at her desk. The other students trickled in for the next ten minutes before the final bell rang.

 

"Good morning," Kathryn smiled at her students. They settled down after a few minutes. "How are you all today?" A chorus of "goods" was heard in response. "Good," She sat down on her stool at the front of the room.

 

"Today we are going to start with our spelling test and then work on some reading. So go ahead and get out a sheet of paper and write you name on it."

 

-----------------------------------

 

"Brasen!" Kathryn yelled. She walked farther into the house. There was no response, Kathryn headed towards the bedrooms and opened his bedroom door. "BJ?"

 

"Huh?" He groaned.

 

"Did you stay in here all day?"

 

"Yeah," Brasen answered and yawned.

 

"Should we go and get some dinner?"

 

"Sure," He sat up. Kathryn watched as he stretched before putting his feet on the ground. "Let me take a shower though." He walked over to his dresser.

 

"That's fine. I want to change anyway." Kathryn answered. "So whenever you are ready we can go. You pick."

 

"Cool," Brasen smiled.

 

Brasen took his shower while Kathryn changed out of her work clothes and they headed out almost thirty minutes later. Brasen drove them to The Olive Garden.

Chapter 2 by Christine
-November 2028- 

"Mom! It's time to go," Brasen knocked on her hotel room door. They were in Los Angeles for the American Music Awards. Brasen was nominated for Best New Artist and was going to perform that night as well.

 

"Brasen," Kathryn pulled the door open as she put her purse over her shoulder. "Hold you horses."

 

"I am," He smiled nervously.

 

"Don't worry. I will never be able to say this enough, but I am so proud of you." Kathryn reached up and touched his cheek. "I love you and no matter what you are still the best."

 

"Thanks," BJ grinned. Kathryn pulled the door closed behind her and they walked to the elevators. There was a limo waiting for them out front.

 

"This is so exciting," Kathryn said, "Thanks." She smiled at the chauffer who held the door open as she got in. Brasen climbed in after her and the door closed behind him.

 

"I'm so nervous," BJ bounced his knee up and down.

 

"You'll be great." Kathryn patted his knee. They headed towards the venue in silence. The limo pulled up to the red carpet almost forty-five minutes later. She looked over at her son and smiled. "Take a deep breath." Brasen did just that as the door opened. He smiled at her and slid out of the vehicle.

 

Kathryn could hear and see all of the reporters and fans. She took a deep breath herself before following Brasen's lead. Brasen wrapped his arm through hers and they started to walk. Kathryn stood behind him as the reporters asked him questions.

 

"Who is your date tonight?" One asked.

 

"This is my Mom," He grabbed her hand and pulled her so she was standing next to him.

 

"Hi," Kathryn said shyly.

 

"Are you excited for your son?"

 

"Of course I'm excited for him," she squeezed his hand. "I couldn't be more proud." They finished the interview shortly after that and were ushered inside to their seats.

 

-----------------------------------

 

"And the nominees are …" The Best New Artist category was up. Kathryn watched Brasen as the presenter listed off the artists nominated. He reached over and grabbed her hand. She gave his a reassuring squeeze.

 

"And the winner is …" The presenter fumbled with the envelope for a minute. "BJ Kelly."

 

Kathryn smiled at her son's shocked look. She stood up with him and gave him a hug and kiss on the cheek.

 

"Congratulations Brasen," Kathryn said and patted him on the back. He grinned. She moved out of the way so he could get out of the narrow row and into the isle. Kathryn sat down as he walked up the steps. She reached into her bag for a tissue to wipe her eyes.

 

"Wow," He stood at the podium. "Thanks to everyone … my manager, the record label, the fans, both of my fathers in heaven for blessing me with this passion, and my Ma - just thanks." BJ looked at Kathryn through the whole thing. He smiled seeing her wipe her eyes. "Thank you." He waved and followed the others backstage.

 

-----------------------------------

 

"Our next performer was your favorite new artist tonight, for the first time at the AMA's, BJ Kelly." The curtain went up to reveal Brasen sitting on a stool with his guitar in hand and his band behind him.

 

The opening cords to the song On and On started and Kathryn smiled. She had no clue that this was what he was going to be singing that night. Brasen knew how much it meant to her every time he performed the song.

 You are the sunshineI am the rain that falls in lineYou are a candleAnd I am your darknessYou are the moonlightI am the cloud that passes byYou are a visionAnd I am blindness And so it goesThe story is far too old to know it all On and on, we dance until the song is off the radioOn and on, we hold each other long after the crowd is goneOn and on, our love goes on and on You are an islandI am the raging of the seaYou are the fortressAnd I am abandonedYou are the valleyYou are a bird that flies so highYou are a templeAnd I am a beggar And so it goesThe story is far too old to know it all On and on, we dance until the song is off the radioOn and on, we hold each other long after the crowd is goneOn and on, our love goes on and on Take me to your drawbridge, come take me to your doorTake me when I'm hungry baby, take me when I'm poorTake me when I'm sick of love, take me when you've had enoughTake me when I'm lost, alone, and don't know the reasons why 

Kathryn sighed happily as she watched him walk off the stage. The crowd's applause showed how much they enjoyed the song. She really was proud of him.

 

-----------------------------------

 

"Are you sure wanna go Ma?" BJ asked uncertainly. "We don't have to." It was after the awards show had ended and they were on their way to the after party that his record label was throwing.

 

"This is your night BJ," Kathryn smiled. "We can go. I'll survive." She patted his thigh before turning her head to look out the window.

 

-----------------------------------

 

"You're looking a little lonely." Kathryn looked up and her eyes widened in shock when she realized who was talking to her. Kathryn had been sitting at a table, with her drink, watching Brasen chat with the other people at the party.

 

"I'm fine," She smiled. "I enjoy people watching."

 

"Mind if I join you?" He asked. She shook her head 'no.' "Great." He sat down in the chair next to her. "Justin Timberlake."

 

"I know," She shook his hand when he offered. "Kathryn Kelly."

 

"BJ is …" He had made the connection.

 

"My son," She finished for him.

 

"You look really young," Justin said.

 

"I'll take that as a compliment," She picked up her tea and took a sip. "I had him when I was twenty-six."

 

Justin nodded.

 

"So were you up for an award? I've already forgotten," Kathryn smiled and yawned.

 

"No," Justin laughed, "I just came to watch and maybe get in a dance or two." He hinted.

 

"Oh man," she looked at her watch. "I haven't been up this late since Brasen's father won a Dove Award twenty years ago." He laughed again.

 

"Where's his father?" Justin asked and then added, "If you don't mind me asking."

 

"Not at all," Kathryn smiled. "He passed away twelve years ago.

 

"So that explains the two fathers in heaven …" Justin trailed off as Kathryn nodded. They sat quietly for a few minutes. "Would you like to dance?"

 

"Sure," Kathryn answered. Justin set his drink down on the table and stood up. He pulled Kathryn's chair out for her. "Thank you."

 

"You don't mind?" Justin asked because as they stepped out onto the floor a slow song started.

 

"No," Kathryn shook her head.

 

"So what was that song BJ sang?" He asked.

 

"On and On." Kathryn answered. "It's my favorite song by Kevin Max. It was mine and my husband's song. I was thrilled when Kevin said that Brasen could do it on his album. It was a complete surprise to hear it tonight."

 

"What was your husband's name?"

 

"Travis," Kathryn answered, "He was a Christian music producer and had worked with many Christian artists."

 

"Is that where BJ gets his talent?"

 

"Well he certainly didn't get it from me," Kathryn laughed.

 

"So what do you do Miss Kathryn?"

 

"I teach first grade at a Catholic school in Tennessee."

 

"I thought I caught an accent," Justin grinned.

 

"It's bad. I know." Kathryn blushed.

 

"I like it," he smiled. "So where do you live, in Tennessee?"

 

"Franklin. I actually grew up in Texas, went to school in Arkansas, and shortly after I met Travis I moved out there. I love it there and its home for Brasen," She explained.

 

"I understand that. Memphis is still home for me." Justin stated. They finished the dance and Justin walked with her back to the table. "Thank you for the dance." He smiled.

 

"You're welcome," Kathryn smiled too.

 

"Ma, are you ready to go?" Brasen asked as he approached the table they were standing at.

 

"Yeah, are you?" BJ nodded. "Okay … Oh Justin this is my son, Brasen. Brasen this is Justin Timberlake."

 

"I know Mom," He rolled his eyes with a smile. "Nice to meet you." Brasen held out his hand for Justin to take.

 

"You too. Congratulations on your award," Justin smiled, "and the performance was great."

 

"Thanks," BJ looked down at his Mom. "Shall we?"

 

Kathryn nodded. "It was great meeting you and thanks again for the dance."

 

"Let me give you my number," Justin fumbled around in his pocket for a minute. He pulled out a small piece of paper. "Do you have a pen?"

 

"Yeah," Kathryn answered and pulled out a pen from her small bag. She handed it to Justin and he wrote down his number. He handed her the slip and the pen. She tore it in half and wrote down her number for him.

 

"Thanks," he smiled as she handed it to him.

 

"Talk to you later," Kathryn said. She and BJ walked out of the party.

 

"So you're picking up guys now, Ma?" BJ asked as they got into the limo that would take them back to their hotel.

 

"BJ," Kathryn said.

 

"I'm just kidding." Brasen said defensively and added, "He seems cool."

 

"Who was that lovely girl you were talking to pretty much all night?" She asked.

 

"Seven McGinnis," He answered.

 

"Okay," Kathryn nodded. "Did you have a good night?" She patted his knee.

 

"It was awesome. I still can't believe that I won."

Chapter 3 by Christine
-February 2029- 

The phone rang and Kathryn waited to see if Brasen would pick it up. He did after the second ring.

 

"Ma! It's for you." BJ yelled and walked into the kitchen with the cordless phone.

 

"Thanks," She said as he handed her the phone.

 

"Hello?" Kathryn asked as she put the phone to her ear.

 

"Hey Kat," She recognized his voice right away. Justin and she had been talking to each other a lot since the AMA's and he had taken it upon himself to call her Kat.

 

"Hi Justin, how are you?" Kathryn asked. She walked out of the kitchen and sat down at the dining room table. The Sunday paper was laid out before her, and she set her coffee mug down.

 

"I am doing great," Justin answered, "You?"

 

"Good too." Kathryn answered. "What's up?"

 

"Well, I am going to be in Tennessee for a couple of weeks and I was wondering if we could get together." He explained.

 

"That'd be great, but I wouldn't be able to make it out to Memphis." She automatically assumed that's where he'd be.

 

"I am going to be out in Nashville," Justin answered.

 

"Great," She started to feel excited. "Well I'm free any day after 4:30 or on the weekend."

 

"Okay," He thought about it for a moment. She could here paper shuffling. "Wednesday at six? I could come pick you up."

 

"Sure." She smiled even though he couldn't see her. She gave him directions to her house and they finished the conversation shortly.

 

"Who was that?" Brasen asked curiously from where he was sitting on the couch.

 

"Justin." Kathryn answered and looked down at the newspaper.

 

"You guys talk?" BJ sounded surprised.

 

"Yeah, what's wrong with that? Are you jealous?" She raised an eyebrow.

 

"Oh - No - Ma!" Brasen stumbled over his words. Kathryn laughed. She stood up and walked over to him. Kathryn leaned over the back of the couch.

 

"It's okay. My baby boy will always be number one Beej." She playfully pinched his cheeks and followed with a kiss. Brasen rolled his eyes with a groan. Kathryn laughed.

 

"He's going to be in Nashville this week and we are going out on Wednesday," Kathryn explained as she walked back over to the table. She sat down and picked up her drink.

 

"Do you like him?" BJ asked.

 

"Honestly?" She looked at him.

 

"Yes," He nodded.

 

"I do," Kathryn nodded. "Are you okay with that?"

 

"Ma, what does it matter?" He closed his eyes and leaned back against the couch. "You're 45."

 

"Uck … don't remind me. I haven't dated in years. I just want to make sure you're okay with that." Kathryn took a sip of her drink.

 

"I am." Brasen answered.

 

"Okay," Kathryn was still unsure but she wasn't going to press the issue.

 

-----------------------------------

 

"Hey Justin," Kathryn smiled and pulled the door open for him to come in. "Did you find the house okay?"

 

"Yeah," He answered with a smile. "It's nice to see you finally."

 

"I know." Kathryn responded as he hugged her.

 

"You're house is cozy," Justin stated and followed her into the living room.

 

"Thanks. Travis and I bought this house together before Brasen was born." Kathryn smiled at the memory.

 

"Where is BJ off too?" He asked.

 

"Oh I don't even know," She laughed, "I think NYC, his schedule is on the fridge. He was home for the weekend and then off again."

 

"I know the feeling," Justin smiled.

 

"So what do you feel like eating? There's this great sandwich shop downtown. We can just walk to it," Kathryn suggested, "It's just 15 minutes away."

 

"Sounds good."

 

"Okay. Let me get my jacket and stuff." She disappeared out of the room and came back a few seconds later. "Shall we?"

 

"Sure." He answered. They stepped out onto the porch and Kathryn pulled the door closed. She locked it behind them and they walked down the front walk. "It's pretty nice out today." Justin stated.

 

"Yeah," Kathryn looked down at the snow covered ground. "I love this weather." She took in a deep breath and let it out through her mouth.

 

"It's nice," Justin wrapped his arm around her waist. "I never thought I'd be able to walk down a street without getting approached for something."

 

"That's what I like about here. Brasen doesn't get bothered here and Travis never did either. People are so used to seeing Christian artists out and about that they don't even flinch really." Kathryn smiled. They walked the rest of the way to the store in silence. Justin pulled the glass door open for her and she stepped inside. He followed her in.

 

"Miss Kathryn."

 

"Mr. Mckeehan," Kathryn grinned. "How are you doing Toby?"

 

"I'm doing great. I hear that Brasen is taking the mainstream world by storm," The two of them hugged. Justin watched her interact with this older man.

 

"And Truett is doing the same for Christian music." Kathryn smiled. Justin cleared his throat from behind her. "Oh sorry. Justin this is Toby McKeehan. Toby this is Justin Timberlake."

 

"Nice to meet you," Justin and Toby shook hands.

 

"You've got some good stuff man," Toby complemented Justin.

 

"Thanks." Justin said.

 

"Toby here are your sandwiches." Toby turned around and grabbed the bag from the man behind the counter. "Have a nice evening."

 

"You too. It was nice seeing you Kathryn, tell Brasen I said hello, and it was nice to meet you Justin." Toby nodded.

 

"Tell Amanda I said hi, and give the kids my love," Kathryn smiled.

 

"I will." Toby smiled and walked out of the restaurant.

 

"He seems cool," Justin looked at Kathryn.

 

"He's a sweetie, Travis worked with him. I'll give you a copy of his CD's later," Kathryn grinned and looked up at the menu. "So what do you want to eat? My treat."

 

"You're treat huh? Then I'll have -" Justin trailed off as his eyes read over the menu. They ordered their food and then sat down at a table by the window. The two of them ate their sandwiches, with light conversation in between bites, and then headed back to Kathryn's house.

 

"So when do you need to head back tonight?" Kathryn asked. They were sitting at her dinning room table drinking coffee.

 

"Anytime, I have a meeting at 1:30 tomorrow afternoon and that is it," Justin answered. "So are you going to loan me Toby's CDs?"

 

"Oh yeah," Kathryn stood up. "Let me put them in and we can listen to him for a little bit." She walked over to the entertainment center and pulled out a few CD's. Justin watched her take the discs out of their cases and put them in the stereo.

 

"Would you be interested in going to the Grammy's with me?"

 

"Those are in a couple of weeks, right?" She hit play and adjusted the volume before walking back over to the table. Kathryn sat back down next to him. She reached for her coffee mug and took a small sip.

 

"Yeah, I know it is short notice and all, but I would love for you to be my date." Justin stated.

 

"It sounds like fun, I'll take off of work," Kathryn reached over and rested her hand on top of his. "I'll be able to check up on Brasen." She grinned and Justin chuckled.

 

"Why's that?" He asked curiously.

 

"He is going with that girl; ummm … what is her name? Oh yeah, Seven McGinnis." Kathryn answered. "He was talking to her at the AMA's." Justin nodded and then smiled. "What?" She asked unsure of the look on his face.

 

"I like you Kat," Justin turned his hand over so he could squeeze hers.

 

"I like you too," She blushed.

 

"So it'd be okay if-" His voice trailed off as he leaned closer and kissed her. He could taste the coffee on her lips and smiled as he pulled away. Kathryn sighed and kept her eyes closed for a few seconds. "Was that okay?" He asked as she opened her eyes.

 

"Yeah," Kathryn answered quietly. She leaned back in and kissed him again.

 

-----------------------------------

 

"Oh man, it's getting late," Kathryn covered her mouth when she yawned.

 

"What time do you have to be up?" Justin asked looking at the clock.

 

"6:00," She answered.

 

"I should get going then," He stood up and stretched. Kathryn stood up too. She walked with him to the front door where he picked up his jacket. "Good night Kat," Justin said and gave her quick kiss.

 

"Night and call me when you get back to the hotel so I know that you made it back safely," She smiled.

 

"I will." He said, "See you later." Justin turned and walked out the door. Kathryn watched him get into his car and drive away. She closed and locked the door behind her.

 

-----------------------------------

 

"Did you tell BJ that you were coming tonight?" Justin asked.

 

"No. So he'll be surprised if we run into him," Kathryn answered. She leaned up against Justin. They were in a limo on their way to the Grammy's.

 

"That's cool." Justin kissed the top of her head. They rode the rest of the way in silence. Justin helped her out of the limo when they pulled up to the red carpet.

 

"Thank you," Kathryn smiled. He put his arm around her waist loosely as they stopped for pictures.

 

"Are you okay with taking pictures?" Justin asked her.

 

"Yeah," Kathryn nodded as they walked further down the red carpet. She saw BJ ahead of them. "There's Brasen." Kathryn pointed and Justin nodded. They stopped so Justin could talk to some reporters.

 

"Who are you here with tonight?" He asked Justin.

 

"This is Kathryn Kelly," Justin answered.

 

"You're BJ's Mom?"

 

"Yes," Kathryn smiled.

 

"So are you two-" He trailed off and waited for an answer. Kathryn and Justin looked at each other. Kathryn shrugged and let him answer.

 

"We're dating," Justin answered. Kathryn smiled and squeezed his hand. Brasen turned around at that moment and Kathryn waved. He smiled and waved back. "Do you want to go talk to him?"

 

"Of course I do," Kathryn answered.

 

"Excuse us," Justin said to the reporter and the two of them walked towards Brasen and his date, Seven.

 

"Ma, you didn't tell me you were coming." Brasen sounded shocked as the two of them walked up. He dropped Seven's hand and hugged her.

 

"I thought I would surprise you," She smiled at his date. "Are you going to introduce me?"

 

"Yes," He rolled his eyes. "Ma, this is Seven. Seven this is my Mom and Justin Timberlake."

 

"Nice to meet Seven," Kathryn said, "You can call me Kathryn."

 

"I will," Seven answered.

 

-----------------------------------

 

"Did you have fun?" Justin asked. They were outside of Kathryn's hotel room.

 

"Yes I did. Thank you for inviting me," She smiled.

 

"You're welcome." He smiled too. "Breakfast tomorrow?"

 

"Sure. Ill be up, so whenever." She shrugged. "Sleep well."

 

"I will," Justin kissed her and watched as she disappeared into her hotel room.

Chapter 4 by Christine
-March 2029- 

"Would you like to come to Memphis this weekend and meet Claire and Kelsey?" Justin asked.

 

"Sure," Kathryn answered. She reached for a box of cereal and placed it in her cart. She was off of work that week since it was spring break.

 

"I can get you a flight out on Friday. Is that okay?" He asked.

 

"Sounds great," She smiled and walked around the corner. "I better go so I can finish shopping. Call me later with flight information."

 

"Will do, talk to you later Kat."

 

"Bye." She turned the cell phone off and stuck it back in her purse, before walking down the next isle.

 

-----------------------------------

 

"You're going to show me around right?" Kathryn asked as her and Justin stepped inside his house. He had just picked her up from the airport. She looked around the kitchen as they moved through there.

 

"Of course I am," Justin smiled. "Leave your bag here for now." He took it out of her hands and set it on the kitchen table. "This is obviously the kitchen." Justin grabbed her hand and walked her into the dinning room and through the living room. He showed her the downstairs and then took her upstairs.

 

"This is Kelsey's room and next door is Claire's." Justin showed her their rooms and then walked her down the hall. "Here is your room and mine is right here."

 

"Very nice," Kathryn nodded. Justin smiled and kissed her.

 

"I'm glad you're here," He said.

 

"Me too," She kissed him again. "Where's the bathroom?"

 

"Right there," He pointed to the door behind them.

 

"Thanks," Kathryn dropped his hand and walked into the small room. Justin headed downstairs to grab her bag and put it in the guestroom.

 

-----------------------------------

 

"Kat," Justin whispered. He was standing in the doorway of the guestroom.

 

"Yeah," Kathryn asked. She had just barely fallen asleep. She moved over on the bed and lifted the sheet up that was covering her. He came into the room and lay down next to her.

 

"How'd you know?" He asked.

 

"Don't know," she shrugged with a smile. Kathryn rested her head on his chest and Justin put his hand over hers.

 

"Kathryn?" He asked quietly.

 

"Yeah?" She asked and closed her eyes with a sigh.

 

"I love you," Justin said.

 

"I love too," Kathryn smiled. It had been a long time since someone other then BJ had told her that. She leaned closer to him as he moved to kiss her. She sighed when they pulled away from each other.

 

"Good night," Justin said quietly and kissed her again.

 

"Night," Kathryn moved closer to him and buried her head in his chest. He wrapped his arm over her hip and both of them fell asleep shortly after.

 

-----------------------------------

 

Kathryn opened her eyes and rolled over the next morning. She blinked and realized that Justin was gone. Kathryn waited a few minutes before getting out of bed and going downstairs. Justin was in the kitchen sitting at the table. He had a newspaper and an empty cereal bowl in front of him.

 

"Morning Justin," Kathryn said. She stood behind him and leaned over to kiss his cheek.

 

"Hey Kat," He smiled, "Did you sleep okay?"

 

"Yeah, where are your mugs?" Kathryn asked as she walked over to the coffee pot.

 

"Cabinet above," Justin watched her get the cup out and pour herself a cup of coffee. She walked back over to the table and riffled through the paper.

 

"So what's the plan for today?" She pulled out the 'arts' section of the paper and found something interesting to read.

 

"I have to pick up the girls at ten, and then we can go from there." He answered. Kathryn looked around the room for a clock and saw that they had an hour or so before they would be leaving.

 

-----------------------------------

 

Justin came out of his ex-wife's house. Kathryn had waited in the car while he went in to get Claire and Kelsey. Claire, his seven-year-old, was in his arms, while Kelsey was walking right next to him. He had a bag thrown over one of his shoulders.

 

She could hear him laugh about something Kelsey had said. He opened the back door and Kelsey climbed in. She moved all the way over to the other side and Justin set Claire down on the seat, and put the bag on the floor by her feet.

 

"Hi," Kelsey said to Kathryn as Justin walked around to the driver's side.

 

"Hi. You must be Kelsey, and you're Claire." She looked at each of the girls respectively with a smile. Both girls nodded. "I'm Kathryn."

 

"So what do you girls want to do today?" Justin asked as he got in the car. He started it up and pulled away from the house.

 

"Shopping," Kelsey answered.

 

"And a movie," Claire added.

 

"Shopping and a movie?" Justin asked and smiled at the girls in the mirror. "How does that sound Kathryn?"

 

"Sounds like fun," Kathryn answered. She reached over and grabbed Justin's hand. Justin squeezed hers back in response.

 

"Can we listen to BJ?" Kelsey asked from the backseat.

 

"Sure," Justin asked and looked over at Kathryn. "You don't mind do you?"

 

"Of course not, I'm always up for listening to him," She answered with a smile.

 

"Could you get it out?" Justin asked and opened the center console. Kathryn found the CD in it and put it in the player.

 

"Daddy met him at the AMA's. Do you know BJ?" Claire asked.

 

"Yes I do," Kathryn turned around in her seat. "He's my son."

 

"Really?" Kelsey asked, "Can I have an autograph?"

 

"Kelsey!"

 

"Dad!" She replied.

 

"It's not a problem. I'll see what I can do," Kat said, "and I will get them to your Dad for you guys."

 

"You don't have to do that," Justin said.

 

"It's okay," Kathryn smiled. "I like doing stuff like that."

 

-----------------------------------

 

"You're girls are great Justin," Kathryn said as they were getting into bed that night.

 

"Thanks," Justin smiled he leaned over the bed and kissed her cheek. He was glad that they had all gotten along and had a great time that day. He hoped for many more like that in the future.

 

"Are they just here for the weekend?" She asked.

 

"They have their spring break this week, so they are staying with me." Justin got into bed next to her.

 

"That's cool."

Chapter 5 by Christine
-November 2029- 

"Hey," Kathryn said. Justin stepped inside and kissed her. Kathryn's arms wrapped around him, as she moved closer. "I missed you." They hadn't seen each other since the end of September since he had been away and she had been busy with work.

 

"I missed you too." He said and leaned his forehead against hers. They kissed again. Brasen cleared his throat as he came around the corner.

 

"What's going on Justin?" Brasen asked. He couldn't help but grin when he saw his Mom blush.

 

"Not a whole lot." Justin smiled, "your Mom didn't say you were coming home."

 

"It was a surprise," BJ shrugged.

 

"And yet he's spent the whole time holed up in his room with his guitar," Kathryn grinned and squeezed BJ's forearm. "My two favorite guys under the same roof."

 

"So what are you working on?" Justin asked and kissed Kathryn's cheek.

 

"It's this song I've had in my head, but I just can't get it down," Brasen explained. "Maybe you can help?"

 

"I'd love too," Justin answered with a smile.

 

"Awesome." Brasen grinned. He started talking to Justin about it as they disappeared around the corner. Kathryn shook her head and smiled to herself. She was glad that the two of them got along with each other.

 

-----------------------------------

 

"Time for dinner boys," Kathryn said after opening the door to the spare room, which was basically Brasen's as well. Justin was sitting on a spare kitchen chair with one of Travis' old guitars and Brasen sat on the couch with his guitar.

 

"We'll be there in a minute," Brasen looked up with a smile. Justin smiled too.

 

"Okay," Kathryn disappeared.

 

"BJ," Justin said after he heard Kathryn back in the kitchen. Brasen looked up at Justin. "I have a question."

 

"What's that?" He asked.

 

"I want to ask your Mom to marry me and I need to know if you're okay with that." Justin stated.

 

"I am," Brasen smiled. "You make her happy and since I'm not around very much anymore she needs someone."

 

"You do realize that I'm gone almost as much as you are."

 

"I know," He shrugged and set his guitar down. "So when are you going to ask her?"

 

"I was thinking tonight," Justin set the guitar down in its stand.

 

"Cool. I'll be out in a second, I'm gonna pick up in here." Brasen said.

 

"K," Justin walked out of the room and down the hall. Kathryn was already sitting at the table waiting for them. "Where should I sit?" He asked.

 

"Right here." Kathryn patted the wood chair next to her. Justin sat down.

 

"So BJ sits at the head of the table huh?" He asked.

 

"Yeah. When Travis died Brasen always wanted to sit there, so it's his spot." Kathryn smiled at her son as he came into the room. Brasen sat down.

 

"Are we going to pray?" Brasen asked.

 

"Since when have we not prayed before our meals?" Kathryn asked.

 

"Oops," He shrugged.

 

"Brasen-"

 

"Ma-"

 

"Who leads?" Justin jumped in before the two got into an argument about it. Kathryn, he had realized, had raised BJ in a very spiritual household.

 

"Brasen?" Kathryn questioned in a motherly tone.

 

"Yes Ma," Brasen lowered his head and led their grace.

 

"Thank you," Kathryn said when he was finished. They ate dinner quickly and chatted throughout the meal. Brasen disappeared back to the spare room, while Justin helped Kathryn clean up in the kitchen.

 

"Are you going to come to mass with us tomorrow?" Kathryn asked. She handed him a plate and he put it in the dishwasher. "Don't feel obligated to come, but you are welcome to join us." She smiled.

 

"I'd love too," Justin smiled as he put the last dish in. "Where's your soap?"

 

"It's under the sink," Kathryn moved out of the way as she dried her hands. Justin put the soap in and started the dishwasher.

 

"So I have a question for you," he took a step closer to her and wrapped his arms around her.

 

"What's that?" Kathryn asked with a smile. Justin kissed her and reached into his pocket.

 

"You know I love you," She nodded. "We've only been dating for about nine months, but this feels right. Kathryn?"

 

"Yeah?" She had and idea of what he was going to ask.

 

"Will you marry me?" Justin asked and showed her the ring.

 

"Yes." Kathryn answered.

 

"Let me see your hand," Justin grinned. Kathryn held up her hand.

 

"Do I have to take this ring off?" She asked referring to the ring from hers and Travis' wedding.

 

"Nope," Justin slipped the ring onto her finger and adjusted it so the rings lined up the way they were supposed to. The ring Travis had given her had one diamond; while the one Justin gave her had two. The two diamonds lined up on either side of the one, yet rested on their own band. "Is that comfortable?"

 

"Yeah." Kathryn nodded and looked at the two rings side-by-side.

 

"I know that ring is special to you." He smiled.

 

"Thank you," Kathryn wrapped her arms around his neck. They kissed. "Love you."

 

"Did she say yes?" Brasen stuck his head in the kitchen.

 

"Yeah," Justin answered.

 

"Are you okay with this?"

 

"Of course, Justin's cool," BJ smiled. "So can I have the house?" Kathryn and Justin laughed.

 

"We'll talk about that later." Kat shook her head and rested it against Justin's shoulder. Justin kissed the top of her head and continued to hold her.

 

-----------------------------------

 

"What are your plans for Thanksgiving?" Justin asked. They were at a local restaurant for breakfast after mass the following morning. Kathryn and Justin were seated on one side of the table and Brasen sat across from them.

 

"BJ is going to be home, and we'll just have our small dinner like usual. Why?" Kathryn asked as she reached for her glass of orange juice.

 

"You should come out to Memphis," He suggested.

 

"What do you think BJ?" Kathryn asked her son. Brasen shrugged. "I guess that is a yes."

 

"I'm sorry to interrupt, but can she get an autograph?"

 

"Sure" Brasen's face lit up. Kathryn grinned it was the first time he'd smiled that morning since he was woken up so early. "What's your name?"

 

"She just loves his stuff," The girl's mother struck up a conversation with Justin and Kathryn while Brasen chatted with the girl. "And I don't always understand why."

 

"I don't think parents always enjoy the things their children listen too. Trust me," Kathryn smiled and put her left hand on Justin's knee and squeezed it. "I wasn't too happy the day Brasen started listening to mainstream music after listening to Christian music his entire life."

 

Justin snickered and Kathryn looked at him.

 

"And I am sure there were things you listened to that your mother did not particularly enjoy."

 

"She listened to all of it too," Justin laughed, "And if my memory serves me correct, you were a fan of someone …"

 

"Oh hush," Kathryn pinched his knee. He grabbed her hand and pulled it off of his knee with a light squeeze.

 

"You two are adorable," She said. "Are you married? I've noticed the ring on your finger when we were watching the AMA's last year."

 

"No," Kathryn answered, "It's the ring that Brasen's father gave me."

 

She nodded and looked down at her daughter, "Are you ready to go?"

 

"Yes," she answered. "Thank you BJ."

 

"You're welcome Taylor."

 

"It was nice talking to you. Thanks for letting us interrupt and for the autograph," She grabbed her daughters hand and walked away.

 

"Well she was nice," Kathryn smiled. Justin nodded in agreement and reached for the check as their waiter set it down.

 

"You two are adorable," Brasen mocked and added a little squeal at the end. Justin laughed and Kathryn kicked him underneath the table, before laughing herself. "You know who's adorable?"

 

"Not you, BJ." Kathryn smiled. BJ groaned and stood up so he could stretch. Justin chuckled and stood up himself. Kathryn followed the two to the counter where Justin paid for their breakfast and they left.

Chapter 6 by Christine
-November 2029- 

“Kat!” Kathryn heard as she walked off the plane. She laughed recognizing Kelsey’s voice. Brasen was behind her with both of their bags, he was tiring to stay low key that day. Justin shushed her so she wouldn’t attract any more attention.

 

“Hey sweetie,” Kathryn hugged Kelsey and then looked up at Justin. “Hi,” Justin wrapped his arms around her and gave her a quick hug and kiss. He stepped back and shook BJ’s hand while Kathryn hugged Claire.

 

“Girls this is BJ, BJ this is Claire and Kelsey,” Justin introduced them to each other.

 

“Hey,” BJ smiled and nodded at each of them. He recognized the look he was getting from Kelsey as one of a fan. Kathryn reached up and squeezed his shoulder. “Do you mind if we get out of here?”

 

“Yeah,” Justin chuckled, “Let’s get out to the car. Do you have any other bags?”

 

“Nope.” Kathryn shook her head.

 

“K.” Justin grabbed Kathryn’s hand and the five of them walked out to the car. Kelsey struck up a conversation with Brasen about his CD. “So how was the flight?”

 

“It was good, short which is always nice.” Kathryn answered. Justin opened the hatch on the SUV and Brasen put their bags in the back. “Brasen you can hop in the front and I’ll ride in the back with the girls.” They got settled in the car and headed towards Justin’s house.   

 

-----------------------------------

 

“There are my two favorite girls,” Lynn hugged Kelsey and Claire.

 

“Hi Nana,” Kelsey kissed her cheek. “Where’s Granddad?”

 

“I think he’s in the kitchen with some sweets for you girls, why don’t you go check it out,” Lynn gently pushed each girl in the direction of the kitchen.

 

“Must you spoil them?” Justin asked and wrapped his arms around his Mom. He kissed her cheek as she hugged him back.

 

“Of course, now introduce me.” She pulled away and smiled at Kathryn and Brasen who had been standing next to Justin the whole time.

 

“This is BJ and Kathryn,” Justin smiled as he introduced the two.

 

“I’ve heard so much about you two,” Lynn hugged each of them, “especially you.” She smiled at Kathryn.

 

“Likewise,” Kathryn answered with a nod and breathed a sigh of relief. Justin’s Step-dad, Paul, came out of the kitchen with both girls behind him. Justin introduced them to him.

 

“The game is on in the den,” Paul said.

 

“Great, care to join us, BJ?” Justin turned to Kathryn’s son.

 

“Sure.” He shrugged. Justin kissed Kathryn’s cheek and squeezed her arm slightly before following Paul out of the room. Brasen followed too.

 

“Can we go play upstairs?” Claire asked.

 

“Of course,” Lynn smiled at her granddaughters. The two girls ran up the steps and disappeared.

 

“Is there anything I can do to help?” Kathryn asked.

 

“I’m sure I can find something,” Lynn answered. “Let’s go into the kitchen and let me see the ring. Justin told me that he had it designed so it matches your other ring.” Kathryn nodded and held up her hand for Lynn to see as they entered the kitchen. “Beautiful.” They chatted while Lynn put her to work getting a dish ready for their meal later that day.

 

“How are you handling BJ’s career? I know it can be hard sometimes,” Lynn asked.

 

“It’s much more demanding then Travis’ ever was, but I am slowly getting used to it. I can’t believe how popular he’s gotten and how fast it has happened. I am so proud of him,” Kathryn answered. She picked up a cookie off of the platter and broke it in half before putting it in her mouth.

 

“Justin’s was just like that,” Lynn said. Justin came in at that moment.

 

“Mine was like what?” He asked opening the refrigerator door and pulling out a drink.

 

“Your job was like BJ’s,” Kathryn answered with a smile. Justin walked over to where she was sitting at the table and kissed her quickly.

 

“You taste like cookies.”

 

“Here,” She handed him the other half of the cookie and he stuffed it in his mouth before grabbing a couple of the treats off of the platter.

 

“Love you,” He said with his mouthful.

 

“Love you too,” Kathryn shook her head. Justin disappeared out of the kitchen as Lynn sat down at the table as well.

 

“Justin says ya’ll haven’t set a date yet.”

 

“No,” Kathryn shook her head, “We haven’t really had an opportunity to talk about it. Plus he just asked a few weeks ago. I was thinking maybe in the summer though, but I have to check with Brasen’s schedule since he’s got a tour or something and I want him there.”  

 

“Understandable,” Lynn patted her hand.

 

-----------------------------------

 

“Did you have a good time today?” Justin asked as he climbed into bed. Kathryn was already settled in with her eyes closed. He reached up and turned the light off before scooting closer to her.

 

“Yes I did,” Kathryn answered. “You’re parents are great. Have you thought about when you’d like to get married?”

 

“Anytime is fine. Have you?” He asked as his arm draped over her waist to pull her closer.

 

“I was thinking in the summer,” She answered. “I just want BJ to be able to be there and you, of course.” Kathryn opened her eyes and smiled at him. He moved his hand from her waist to touch her cheek. His fingers trailed over her cheek as he leaned in to kiss her.

 

Kathryn’s eyes closed with a sigh as she moved closer to him. Her hand moved to his waist and her fingers brushed over his bare skin. Justin pulled away for a second when he felt her fingers on waist and smiled. His lips returned to hers.

 

“I love you,” Kathryn said.

 

“I love you too.”

Chapter 7 by Christine
-December 2029- 

It was the last day of school for the semester, and Kathryn was setting up her classroom for the Christmas party they would be having after her students got back from their library time. She moved the two tables in her room together and laid out the supplies they would need for the reindeer ornament the students were going to make. Her room "moms" came in a few minutes later with a couple of bags of food and drinks.

 

"How are you ladies doing?" Kathryn asked as she opened a box of popsicle sticks and laid them out on the table.

 

"We're doing good. How are you?"

 

"Great," Kathryn answered. "I have to get the kids in about twenty minutes." She looked at the clock on the wall. The three of them chatted while they got the classroom set up.

 

"Knock knock," Kathryn looked up when she heard his voice.

 

"Hey Justin, what are you doing here?" She walked over and gave him a quick hug.

 

"I thought I would come by and visit. Is that okay?" He asked.

 

"Yeah. Did you check in at the office?" Kathryn asked him.

 

"No." Justin answered.

 

"All right. I'm going to take him to the office and then get the kids from the library," Kathryn put her hand on Justin's back and moved him towards the door. She followed him out. "What brings you by?"

 

"Well I had today off, so I flew in. I was wondering if you wanted to come out with me for a few days. If you can," Justin said.

 

"When would we leave, and be back?" She asked. Kathryn pulled open the front office door and walked to the counter. She grabbed the clip board and handed it to him. Justin filled it out and set it back down.

 

"Tonight. We'd be back early on the 24th." Justin answered and followed her out of the office.

 

"I have in-service tomorrow. I can leave probably early evening tomorrow." Kathryn and Justin walked towards the library.

 

"Oh," Justin sounded upset.

 

"Do you have to leave tonight?" She asked. They were standing outside of the library now. She had her hand on the doorknob ready to open the door.

 

"Yeah, I have an early interview tomorrow." He answered.

 

"We'll talk about it later. I have to get my kids," Kathryn pulled the door open with a smile. Her students were already lined up. "Thanks Mrs. Homburg. What did you guys read today?"

 

"The Polar Express," One of them answered.

 

"How cool, did you like it?" She asked. Several of them nodded. "We need to be quiet while we go down the halls." Justin held the door open while the class filed out behind Kathryn. They headed back to the classroom and started their Christmas party.

 

Kathryn felt pure enjoyment watching Justin discuss something with the few kids he was helping out across the table. It was just like watching him with his own daughters, and she loved seeing him with them. Justin looked up for a second and winked at her. She smiled and reached for the glue to help the little girl she was working with.

 

-----------------------------------

 

"Are you sure that you can't miss tomorrow?" Justin asked. They were in Kathryn's SUV on the way to her house.

 

"Yeah," Kathryn answered. "I have to clean up the room and make sure I have my lesson plans ready for next semester."

 

"Would you want to come up to New York tomorrow, after work?" Justin asked.

 

"Sure," She said. "I'll have to let BJ know as well. He's supposed to be home on the 22nd." Justin nodded.

 

-----------------------------------

 

Kathryn was supposed to meet Justin at the hotel after her flight, so she caught a cab at the airport. She walked into the hotel and up to the front desk.

 

"What can I do for you Miss?" The concierge asked.

 

"My name is Kathryn Kelly and Justin Timberlake said you'd have a key for me." Kathryn stated.

 

"Ah yes, Mrs. Kelly. I just need to check ID - it's cautionary." She explained.

 

"Of course," Kathryn smiled and pulled her wallet out of her purse. She found her drivers license and showed it to the lady.

 

"Thanks," She glanced at it quickly, "the bellhop will take your bag. Mr. Timberlake is in room 817 and here is your key, Mrs. Kelly. Please let us know if you need anything."

 

"I will," Kathryn nodded. "Thanks," she said to the bellhop when he grabbed her bag. They rode up to the eighth floor in silence. He showed her to the room and set her bag inside.

 

"Have a nice stay," He nodded and closed the door on his way out.

 

Kathryn grinned seeing the vase of flowers resting on the coffee tale in the living area. She walked over to it and picked up the card on the table.

 Kathryn, I'll be back at eight. Don't eat unless you are really hungry. I'm glad you're here. Love, Justin  

She set the card back down on the table and looked at her watch. It was almost seven, she could wait another hour. Kathryn grabbed her bag and moved it to the bedroom. She could tell he'd been here for awhile because it was a little messy. Kathryn straightened up a little bit before going back into the living room and settling down to watch TV.

 

Justin came in right on time and Kathryn grinned seeing him.

 

"Hey," Justin set his bag down before coming over and kissing her.

 

"Hi," Kathryn yawned. "Sorry."

 

"That's okay," He smiled. "Did you get my note?" She nodded. "Do you want to go get something to eat or room service?"

 

"Room service sounds nice. I've had a long day," Kathryn answered.

 

"Sounds good," Justin grabbed the menu off the counter and handed it to her. "You look and I'm going to change."

 

"K," She said as he disappeared into the next room. Justin came out a few minutes later, pulling a shirt on. Kathryn looked up from the menu and smiled. He was still in great shape for his age.

 

"Did you decide?" He asked.

 

"Yeah, do you know what you want?" Kathryn asked as she reached for the phone. They ordered their meal.

 

"Oh, I talked to Brasen and he said he doesn't have anything planned the last week in May. So if that weekend is okay with you, I'd like to get married then." Kathryn said.

 

"Let me look, I can always cancel things too," Justin stood up and disappeared for a second. He came back with a calendar and a pen. "I can do that. So the 28th?"

 

"Yes," Kathryn answered. She watched Justin write it down. "I'll be done with school then, as well. I want Brasen and your girls to be involved in the wedding, I think it's important."

 

"Me too," Justin agreed. "What did you have in mind for that?"

 

Kathryn explained how she had thought Brasen could walk her down the isle and give her away and what the girls would do. Their meal came shortly after and they discussed the wedding while they ate.

 

-----------------------------------

 

"So are you ready for a day of promos?" Justin asked Kathryn as they got into the car the following morning.

 

"Of course," Kathryn smiled. "I haven't done this in awhile." Justin's latest CD was supposed to come out the day after Christmas.

 

"It's interviews, so don't be surprised if they want to ask you a question," He said.

 

"That's all right," She grinned and kissed him. Kathryn's cell phone rang and she dug through her purse and found it. "Hey BJ," She said into the phone.

 

"Hey Ma," Brasen said. "Did you get to New York okay?" He asked.

 

"Yeah, sorry I forgot to call." She said. Justin rested his hand on her thigh. "Make sure nothing is planned for you May 28th."

 

"You set the date huh?" he asked.

 

"Yeah," Kathryn answered. "You're going to walk me down the isle right?"

 

"Sure," She could hear him smile over the phone. "What are you kiddies doing today?"

 

"BJ …" Kathryn paused and said, "Justin has promotional stuff today, so I am hanging out with him. What are you doing?"

 

"Just stuff, like usual." He answered. "When are you going to be back again?"

 

"The 24th, so you will have the house to yourself for a couple of days." Kathryn answered. "So no parties."

 

"Geez Ma, ruin all of my fun why don't you?"

 

"It's my job," Kathryn laughed. "I am going to go, since we are almost too wherever it is we are going."

 

"All right. Call me later," Brasen said. "Love you."

 

"I love you too, Brasen." Kathryn said and hung up the phone.

 

"So what is he up to today?" Justin asked as she put the phone back into her purse.

 

"Stuff, that's what he said," Kathryn answered and shook her head. "Who knows, he's always so busy anyway. So where are we going anyway?"

 

"The View," Justin answered.

 

"Fun," Kathryn said. "I can't believe that show is still on the air."

 

"It's popular," Justin shrugged. "And then I have a couple of magazine interviews and photo shoots. Just as busy as always."

 

-----------------------------------

 

"So we hear that you are engaged," One of the hostesses stated.

 

"Yes," Justin picked up the cup of coffee that was sitting on the table and took a sip of that.

 

"Have you set a date?"

 

"Just last night actually, she had to see when her son would be free." Justin explained.

 

"He's BJ Kelly right?" Justin nodded. "What do you think of him?"

 

"He's great. Very talented, and Kathryn did a wonderful job raising him by herself."

 

"How are your girls?"

 

"Great. Growing up too fast if you ask me."

 

-----------------------------------

 

"Do you want to do it Kat?" Justin asked. They were at a photography studio later that afternoon, and they had asked if Kathryn wanted to be in some of the pictures. Kathryn sat down on the couch in the dressing room. Justin walked over to the rack of clothes where his stylist was.

 

"Do you want me to?" Kathryn asked and reached for a magazine.

 

"It might be fun," He shrugged. "The pictures wouldn't have to be published. We don't have any of us, for ourselves." Justin grabbed the shirt and pants from the other man and walked over to her. "What do you say?" He put them over his shoulder as he leaned down and gave her a kiss. "Please Kathryn?" He could tell that she was kind of hesitating about it.

 

"Okay," She gave in to his pout. "Who knew a 48 year-old could look so adorable." Justin rolled his eyes at her baby voice and chuckled. He kissed her cheek quickly.

 

"Mr. Timberlake are you ready?" There was a knock on the door.

 

"Not yet," Justin answered and opened the door. "Kathryn is going to be joining me, so she'll need something to change into."

 

"All right, Mrs. Kelly if you will follow me." Kathryn stood up and kissed Justin as she followed the intern out of Justin's dressing room. She led Kathryn into another room that happened to have women's clothes in it and someone to help her out. Kathryn was introduced to another stylist who was helping out that day as well.

 

"What do you do for a living Mrs. Kelly?" She was digging through the racks.

 

"I teach at a Catholic school," Kathryn answered.

 

"So nothing to revealing?"

 

"No way," She laughed. "I'm too old for that stuff anyway."

 

"Well I'm sure you've seen the way some of the ladies today dress," She said and handed Kathryn a top and pair of pants. "How does that work?"

 

"Looks nice," Kathryn took the stuff from her. The top was just a red v-neck sweater with some black pants. "I think I wore something like this earlier this week. Where do I go?"

 

"Right in here," She showed her the little room off to the side. Kathryn went in and changed. Someone came in and fixed her hair and makeup. When she was done, Kathryn left the dressing room and saw that Justin was already in front of the cameras.

 

Justin smiled when he saw her come out of the room. The photographer instructed him to change positions as he changed out roles of film. Kathryn just stood to the side of the photographer and watched Justin for a few more minutes. She had been to a couple of Brasen's photo shoots so it wasn't anything too new.

 

"Go ahead and change out of that Justin and we'll start on the ones with you and Kathryn," He said. Justin walked towards Kathryn and gave her a quick kiss before disappearing back into his dressing room. "Are you ready Kathryn?"

 

"Yes," She answered. "I've never done this before. I've just watched Brasen."

 

"BJ?" He asked and Kathryn nodded. "He was a natural. I photographed him a few months ago for his cover. Sweet kid he is."

 

"Nice to know that my son has that reputation," Kathryn smiled. "He'd hate it, so don't tell him people think that." The photographer laughed. They chatted for a few more minutes while Justin changed.

 

Justin came out and the photographer situated them in front of the camera. He had Justin standing behind Kathryn and she had her head turned so she was looking at him. They took a few pictures like that before they changed positions. Justin was kissing her cheek in a few of the shots and vice-versa. They finished taking their pictures together after another thirty minutes.

 

"I'll send you guys the proofs before anything is picked for the magazine. And you can just let me know if you want it in there or not." He explained.

 

"Thanks," Justin said. "We'll be able to get copies for ourselves if we want the?"

 

"Yeah, Rachel should be here soon for your interview."

 

Justin and Kathryn sat down in his dressing room after they had changed back into their street clothes. Rachel showed up ten minutes later looking like she had been dragged from one end of the world to another. She sat down and they started the interview. It was mostly questions for Justin, but Kathryn was asked a few as well when it came to their relationship.

 

The rest of the day went pretty much the same, except Kathryn stayed out of the way and just let Justin work. They went out to eat for dinner before turning in early for the night.

Chapter 8 by Christine
 -January 2030- 

Kathryn was in Memphis for the weekend visiting Justin, since they both had three days off. She was in his office on the computer and snooping around a little bit. Kathryn opened up a drawer and pulled out an envelope.

 

"Hey Justin!" She yelled. "What's this?"

 

"What's what?" He asked walking into the room. Justin sat down on the desktop. He wrapped his feet through the handles of the chair she was sitting on, and rolled it closer to him. Justin grabbed the envelope out of her hand and opened it. "Oh it's our pictures, see." He handed it to her and watched as Kathryn pulled the images out.

 

"I forgot they were in here," Justin said. Kathryn looked through the photos.

 

"I love this one," She handed it to him. The photo was one where he had his arms wrapped around her, and Kathryn's back was against his chest. "This one too," She gave him that one.

 

"He said he was going to use this one and this one in the article," Justin pulled those two photos out. "I said that was okay. If you have a problem with that we can have it changed."

 

"No that is fine," Kathryn answered. "Can I have some of these?" She asked.

 

"Yeah, I was thinking we could have him make a couple of prints of that one and this one," Justin said.

 

"Cool," Kathryn responded.

 

"What number are those? I can call and leave a message for him tomorrow," Justin flipped the photos over and wrote down the number that was on the back. "You can take those home with you." He handed the ones she liked to her. "So are you done being a snoop?"

 

"Maybe I am, and maybe I'm not." She grinned. Justin grinned and leaned over and kissed her. "Five months and we'll be married."

 -March 2030- 

"Ma, Nathan is going to take you out to your seat." Brasen said. Kathryn was visiting him on his tour since she had off for spring break.

 

"Where's my seat?" Kathryn asked as she stood up from the couch.

 

"VIP, unless you want to sit somewhere else," Brasen answered.

 

"That's fine," Kathryn said. "Have a good show and I'll see you later." She kissed his cheek and followed Brasen's body guard out to the VIP section.

 

"I'll come and get you after the show Kathryn."

 

"Thanks Nathan," Kathryn sat down on the couch. The concert started thirty minutes later with a couple of opening acts and then Brasen came on. Kathryn watched him amidst the noise level of the crowd. The lights went down for a second while he grabbed his guitar and a stool to sit on.

 

"I actually have a surprise for someone out there in the audience, my Mom is here tonight, and I thought I would invite someone to join me for this song," Brasen explained. Kathryn was wondering what he was up to. "Ladies and gentlemen please welcome Mr. Justin Timberlake."

 

Justin walked out on stage with a stool and his guitar. Kathryn was surprised to see Justin since he had told her that he was busy this whole week. Justin waved towards the VIP section as he set the stool down next to Brasen and sat down himself.

 

"Hello," Justin said his voice echoed over the speakers in the large room. "So this is for Kat."

 

"No it's for Ma," Brasen said and laughed. Kathryn laughed seeing Justin roll his eyes on the screen. She smiled when she heard On and On start. Both of them played it on their guitars without the rest of the band. Brasen let Justin sing all of the verses, and only joined in for the chorus. The song ended quickly and Kathryn clapped loudly, even though she knew they wouldn't hear her.

 

About ten minutes later Kathryn was joined in the VIP section by Justin. She smiled happily as he sat down next to her. Justin planted a quick kiss on her cheek. "Hi," He said into her ear.

 

"Hi Justin," Kathryn smiled and pinched his side, "you liar." Justin squirmed in his seat and laughed. "It was great. I want a copy of you singing it."

 

"I'll do it," Justin nodded and put his arm around her shoulders. Kathryn rested her head on his shoulder and they watched the rest of Brasen's concert together.

 

-----------------------------------

 

"Thank you Brasen," Kathryn gave him a hug and kiss on the cheek. Justin and she met up with him at the club where he was having an after party.

 

"You're welcome," Brasen grinned.

 

"I want you and Justin to record that for me," She said and leaned against Justin who was standing behind her. "Justin already said you would." Brasen shook his head and chuckled.

 

"Fine," Brasen's eyes caught on someone just walking in the door. "Excuse me." He excused himself and walked past his mother and Justin. Kathryn turned around in Justin's arms and watched him over Justin's shoulder.

 

"Who is it?" Justin asked his lips next to her ear.

 

"Seven," Kathryn answered. She watched Brasen kiss the other girls cheek and wrap his arm around her waist. "And he says they aren't dating." She rolled her eyes and pulled away so she could look up at Justin.

 

"Don't you believe him?" Justin asked looking into her eyes.

 

"Of course," She answered, "I just wish that they were."

 

"One day," He pulled her close to his body again. Kathryn melded against his body and wrapped her arms around him. Brasen came over to the two with Seven on his arm. "Hi Seven," Justin smiled.

 

"Hi Justin, Kathryn," Seven said. "How are you two? Brasen told me the good news, congratulations."

 

"Thank you." Kathryn answered staying cuddled up to Justin. "How are you doing?"

 

"Great. Keeping busy," She answered. They continued their conversation while the room continued to fill with people before both Brasen and Seven disappeared to talk to the other guests.

 

"Do you want to go sit down?" Justin asked Kathryn.

 

"Yeah," Kathryn answered. They found a table near the back and settled in together. "The things I do for my son." She said and kissed him.

 

"My Mom was the same way, except she actually enjoyed being out." Justin said and grunted when her elbow met his stomach. "I love you," He kissed her cheek and she rested it against his chest. They chatted and were interrupted a couple of times when people wanted to talk to Justin.

 

"How long are you here, or going to be with me," Kathryn asked.

 

"Just tonight," Kathryn pouted, "I have stuff to do."

 

"I know," Kathryn said and yawned. A waitress brought refills for their drinks. They nodded their thanks. "I just miss you."

 

"Did they put something in your tea? You're not normally this clingy." Justin asked with a laugh and picked up her drink. He sniffed it and then took a sip. "Taste fine. I think you're just really tired. Do you want to go to the hotel?"

 

"Yeah, let's just find Brasen." Kathryn said. She scooted out of the booth and Justin followed. They walked around the club for a few minutes before they found Brasen dancing with Seven. Justin explained that they were going to the hotel and said good night for the evening.

 

Kathryn fell asleep in the car on the way to the hotel. Justin woke her up when they got back and she gave him the key and told him what room she was in. They were staying overnight in this city since BJ had another concert there.

 

They made it to the room and Kathryn went into the bathroom to change into her pajamas. Justin's bag had been delivered to her room earlier that day. They both got ready and into bed with minimal conversation.

 

"Good night," Justin kissed Kathryn.

 

"Night," She said.

 

-----------------------------------

 

"Now I will see you for Easter in April, right?" Kathryn asked. They were standing in the hotel lobby, waiting for the car that was going to take Justin to the airport. He had a flight out to New York that morning.

 

"Yes," Justin said. "It's just a month."

 

"I know," Kathryn gave him a kiss.

 

"Excuse me, Mr. Timberlake your car is here."

 

"Thank you," Justin said to the man. He looked back at Kathryn. "I love you, and I'll call you later."

 

"Okay. I love you too," Kathryn hugged him and gave him a kiss. Justin kissed her cheek again. The concierge had already grabbed his bag and put it in the trunk of the car. Kathryn watched as Justin climbed into the car. He waved one last time before the door was closed.

 

Kathryn went back up to her room before she got ready for the day. She and BJ were going to go out shopping since he had off until his sound check later that day. Brasen knocked on her door almost an hour later and Kathryn grabbed her bag and they left.

 

"So where are we going?" Brasen asked. Kathryn told him the name of the store and he groaned. "Why do I have to go there?"

 

"Because I want your help. It's not like you have to try the dresses on." Kathryn said. They got to the shop soon after and Kathryn started to look around. Brasen stood near the door with his bodyguard and watched his Mom move around the store. Kathryn pulled a few dresses from the racks with the help of the lady who was working there.

 

"Where are you getting married at?" Kenzie, the store owner, asked. She zipped up the back of the dress that Kathryn was trying on.

 

"Just a small church outside of Nashville, near where I live." Kathryn answered. She turned around in front of the mirror a couple of times before opening the door. Brasen was sitting in one of the chairs outside of the changing room. "What do you think?"

 

"I don't like it," Brasen scrunched up his nose and shook his head in disgust.

 

"I don't really either," Kathryn agreed. She walked back into the changing room. They went back and forth like that for a couple of hours before Kathryn walked out in something they both liked. "I think this is it, what do you think BJ?"

 

"I like it too," He answered. "So will Justin." BJ added since he knew that was her next question. "What is he supposed to wear since this dress is really simple?"

 

"We just talked about him wearing dress pants and a nice shirt," Kathryn paused, "So this will work good." She turned in front of the mirror a couple of times. "I'm going to go with this, Kenzie."

 

"Great." She smiled. "Let's get you out of this and we can ring you up." Kathryn came out a couple of minutes later. Kenzie had already taken the dress to wrap it up. Brasen followed his Mom to the counter.

 

"Would it be possible for you to mail the dress to me in Franklin? I am out visiting BJ right now, and don't want to have to fly home with it," Kathryn explained.

 

"I can do that," Kenzie answered. "Go ahead write your mailing address and phone number on here, so I can mail it," she handed her a sheet of paper. Kathryn wrote down the information she thought she would need to mail it.

 

"You can bill me for the shipping cost," Kathryn said and handed her the sheet of paper.

 

"Your total is $557.16," She said. BJ handed her his debit card before Kathryn could pull out her check book.

 

"I'll get it," He said.

 

"You don't have to do that BJ," Kathryn said and put her hand on his arm.

 

"Yes I do," Brasen kissed her cheek. "Justin is paying for everything else, let me at least do this." Kathryn didn't want to argue with him about it, so she let him pay for it. They finished the transaction and left the store.

 

"Let me pay for lunch, and then we can head over to the arena," Kathryn said. "Do we have time for that?" She asked his bodyguard.

 

"Yeah," He answered. They ate lunch before heading to the arena. It was Kathryn's last night to be there before going back to Tennessee the next morning.

Chapter 9 by Christine
Author's Notes:

 

-May 2030- 

“I’m here for the whole month, baby,” Justin said excitedly. Kathryn laughed at the look on his face as he pulled her in for a hug.

 

“I know,” Kathryn said as she pulled away from his embrace. “Go put your stuff in my room, since dinner is on the table.” She pushed him in that direction and closed the front door. Kathryn went into the dining room and Justin came in shortly after. Justin said grace and they ate.

 

“When is BJ going to be back?” Justin asked.

 

“On the 24th,” Kathryn answered. “And the girls get to come next weekend so we can go get their dresses?”

 

“Uh-huh,” Justin answered. “So what should we do this week?”

 

“I have to work, and the school is throwing me a retirement party Thursday afternoon. You are invited of course,” Kathryn said. Kathryn had decided to retire from her job after 21 years. It was mostly because Justin traveled a lot still, and she wanted to be able to spend the time with him.

 

“Sounds like fun,” He responded. “What time is that?”

 

“Right after school lets out. So at 3:20,” Kathryn answered. “It probably won’t be more then an hour.”

 

“That’s fine,” Justin said. “What do you want to do tonight?”

 

“Hang out,” Kathryn answered. “We could watch some movies or something. Church is tomorrow so I am going to get up early for that.”

 

-----------------------------------

 

“Have a good nights sleep and I’ll see you kids tomorrow,” Kathryn said as her students filed out the door. It was Thursday afternoon and she had a couple of minutes before she needed to be in the teachers lounge for her party.

 

She picked up the lose papers that were on her desk and put them in her drawer. Kathryn found the ones she needed to take home to be graded and put them in her bag.

 

“Are you going down now?” Emma stuck her head in Kathryn’s room.

 

“Yeah,” Kathryn answered. She quickly shut her computer down and followed Emma. “Have you seen Justin at all? He was going to come by for the party.”

 

“No, he’s probably in the lounge.” Emma said. “So are you excited?”

 

“It’s kind of sad actually,” She said, “leaving the profession and especially the kids. But being with Justin all of the time will be worth it.” Kathryn opened the door to the room and smiled at several of the teachers who were already in there. She spotted Justin in the back of the room talking with the music teacher and waved to him.

 

Kathryn walked over to a table that had food on it and picked up a few snacks. She was drawn into a conversation with some of the other teachers in the room. Kathryn made her way around the room and eventually got to Justin.

 

“Can I have everyone’s attention?” The principal, Mr. Davis, said when everyone got there. “I just want to say something.” The room quieted down. “Kathryn, you have been at this school longer then anyone who is in this room now, including myself. In 21 years, I figured this out; you have taught over four hundred students. I’m sure that each one of them has taken away something special from you.

 

“I know that this was a hard decision for you to make, but it is the best for you. God has blessed this school greatly by sending you to us. Thank you for all of your hard work over the years and we will certainly miss you more then you know.”

 

“Thank you,” Kathryn wiped her eyes quickly, “I want to say something as well. I prayed so much about this decision, and I know it’s what our Father wants from me. He has blessed me in so many ways over the years, first with my late husband, Travis, my beautiful son, Brasen, and now Justin.

 

“I am going to miss walking through these halls everyday and seeing the kids faces as they learn something new. The amazing thing about this job is giving them the opportunity to come closer to God.” Emma handed her a tissue. “Thanks,” Kathryn said as she wiped her eyes again.

 

“I’m getting the opportunity to spend some more time with Brasen, and with my new family. I’m getting three for the price of one, and I want to thank Justin for that, he has two beautiful girls himself.” Kathryn smiled at Justin. “Maybe in a few years I will go back to teaching, but right now I need to be with my family.

 

“I am going to miss all of you of course. You’ve been apart of my lives and I will keep in touch. Good luck next year; I will be around for the next couple of weeks. God bless you all and you will be in my prayers.” Justin kissed her forehead and gave her squeeze.

 

There were a few gifts for her by a cake. Kathryn opened them and then they had the cake. The party emptied out soon after that. Kathryn and Justin helped to pick up the room after everyone had gone. There were a few pieces of cake left so they decided to take it home. They went back to her room to get her bag and then headed for home.

 

-----------------------------------

 

“Do you girls like cake and ice cream?” Kathryn asked. Justin had picked his daughters up from the airport earlier that evening. She pulled the leftover cake out of the fridge and grabbed the ice cream too.

 

“Yes,” Claire said. She and Kelsey were in the kitchen talking to Kathryn while Justin ordered a movie for them to watch on Pay-Per-View.

 

“Yeah,” Kelsey answered.

 

“Okay,” Kathryn said. “Get out some spoons from that drawer there.” Kathryn pointed to a drawer near where Kelsey was standing. Kelsey grabbed four spoons and set them on the counter. “Thank you.” Kathryn had gotten out the bowls and started to put pieces of cake in each of them. “How many scoops?”

 

“Can I have two?” Kelsey asked.

 

“Of course,” Kathryn answered.

 

“Me too,” Claire said. She scooped the ice cream into the bowls and handed them to the girls with a spoon. Kathryn served hers and Justin’s bowls and then followed the girls into the living room.

 

Justin was already sitting on the couch. Kathryn sat down next to him and handed him his bowl. Claire sat down on the floor at Justin’s feet and Kelsey took a seat in one of the armchairs. The four of them ate their desserts and watched the movie together.

 

When the movie was over Justin sent them off to get them ready for bed, since it was getting late.

 

“Could me and Kelsey come and live with you and Dad after you are married?” Claire asked. Kathryn had come in to say goodnight to the girls after Justin had.

 

“I think you’re Mom wants you to be with her,” Kathryn answered.

 

“Sometimes she says we should be with Dad,” Claire said. “Do you not want us to live with you?”

 

“I would love for you girls to live with us, but that’s something you need to talk to your Mom and Dad about. Okay?” Kathryn said. Claire nodded. “Get some sleep girls. We have a busy day tomorrow.” Kathryn turned off the light as she left the room and headed into the living room. Justin had found something else to watch on TV and Kathryn settled in next to him.

 

“Did you know that Claire wants to live with us?” She asked.

 

“Yeah,” Justin nodded.

 

“Why didn’t you say anything then?” She watched Justin shrug. “Do you not want them to live with us?”

 

“I would love it if they could, but Stacy is weird about them even spending time with me. She has unresolved issues from our marriage and feels the need to take it out on them, by not letting them live with me for long periods of time. But she also knows that I would take her to court if she didn’t let me see them.”

 

“Well if anything ever happened and they had to come and live with us, I wouldn’t mind one bit,” Kathryn said.

 

“Good,” Justin smiled and kissed her head. “What do you think about having more kids?”

 

“I’d love too,” Kathryn paused, “but it would be hard for me to get pregnant.”

 

“There are always other options.” Justin said.

  -----------------------------------

 

“All right girls, you can pick out anything you want as long as it is plain and preferably a light color,” Kathryn said. She and Justin had taken the girls to the mall to pick out the dresses for the wedding.

 

“Can I wear white like you?” Claire asked excitedly and grabbed Kathryn’s hand.

 

“Yeah,” Kathryn answered.

 

“Can I just go and look over there by myself?” Kelsey asked pointing in the other direction.

 

“Whatever you want to do,” Justin said. Kelsey skipped off in the other direction leaving the three in the little girls department. “You don’t mind?”

 

“Of course not,” Kathryn smiled and looked down at Claire. “Let’s see what we can find for you Miss Claire.” Justin smiled at the two as they moved ahead of him quickly. He pretty much stayed behind them as the two picked out several different dresses and went into the dressing room. Claire came out in each dress and playfully modeled them for her father.

 

“I definitely like this one the best,” Justin said when Claire came out in a white dress. He bent over and tugged on the bow that was on the back. “Get this one. You look like a little princess.” Claire giggled as he kissed her cheek.

 

“Go put your clothes on and we will find Kelsey,” Justin said. He watched Claire go back into the fitting room. Kathryn came out and put the dresses they weren’t going to buy back on the racks. Claire came out just as she was finishing and the three of them walked over to where Kelsey was.

 

“Did you find something K?” Justin asked.

 

“Yeah,” Kelsey answered and showed him the dress. It was similar to the one Claire had picked out only it was light blue instead of white. “Do you want me to try it on for you?”

 

“That’d be great,” Kathryn smiled. Kelsey disappeared into the fitting room and came out a few minutes later with the dress on. “I like that. What do you think Justin?”

 

“Very nice,” Justin said.

 

“Does she look like a princess, too Dad?” Claire asked. Kelsey blushed in embarrassment.

 

“Yes,” Justin answered with a wink. Claire giggled and Kathryn shook her head. “All right let’s go pay for these dresses girls and get something to eat for lunch.” Kelsey went into the other room to change back into her clothes. Kelsey handed the dress to Justin who was holding Claire’s as well and they walked over to the nearest cashier. Justin paid for the dresses and then they went out to the car.

 

-----------------------------------

 

Justin hummed under his breath as he watched Kathryn pack some books into a box. He was leaning against the bookshelf next to the one she was at. Kathryn sat on the floor and looked at each book one by one deciding whether or not she wanted to keep it.

 

“What?” Kathryn asked looking up at him. The girls had gone home to Memphis earlier that day and it was just the two of them again. Justin shrugged and she shook her head and looked back down at the books in her hand.

 

“Need some help?” He asked and sat down across from her.

 

“Not really,” Kathryn glanced up at him quickly. They sat there quietly as she continued going through the books. She had been packing up a few things off and on. Most of it was going to stay in the house since Brasen would be getting it once Kathryn officially moved in with Justin. “Are you just going to sit there and stare? It’s a little unnerving.”

 

“Yes I am. I enjoy watching you.” Justin answered honestly. They didn’t say anything else for a few minutes. He inched closer to her every few seconds and had to move the box out of the way.

 

“Are you sure you don’t need something?” Kathryn asked. She sounded a little annoyed.

 

“I think I do,” He answered. Justin reached up and put his hand on her cheek, before leaning in a kissing her. “There.” He said. Kathryn smiled and leaned into him again so she could get a kiss. Justin gladly kissed her. “I love you.”

 

“Love too,” Kathryn giggled and Justin chuckled at the way she sounded. They kissed again before Justin left her alone to finish going through her books. He sat down on the couch to watch TV. “Do you want to see if you want any of these books?” Kathryn asked. She pushed the box of books that she was going to get rid of over to the couch and sat down next to Justin.

 

“I’ll look later, so what do you say we go out for a nice dinner tonight?” He asked. His arm snaked around her shoulders and he pulled her closer to him. Justin placed a kiss on the top of her head.

 

“Sure. BJ is supposed to call tonight, so we can go after he does.” Kathryn said. “He’s supposed to let me know what time he is coming in on the 24th. Oh I am taking off early on Tuesday so we can go to the chapel and talk to the pastor. Plus I wanted to stop by the florist and caterer to check in on that stuff.”

 

“Sure. Where should we go out tonight?” Justin asked. It always amazed him how they seemed to have two conversations at once. Kathryn settled in next to him and they flipped through the channels for the next couple of hours. The phone rang once they settled on an interior design program, after some debate.

 

Kathryn stood up and walked into the kitchen. She picked up the cordless phone in there and put it to her ear.

 

“Hey sweetheart,” Kathryn said into the phone.

 

“Hi Ma,” BJ responded. “What are you and Justin up to today?”

 

“Just watching some TV and I was going through my books earlier getting rid of some of them.” Kathryn answered. She walked back over to the couch and sat down next to Justin again. “How were your shows this week?”

 

“They went good. I wish you could have been out for the one in San Diego, though. It was a disaster. Everything that could go wrong went wrong.” He sighed over the phone.

 

“You should have called me Brasen,” Kathryn looked over at Justin and he raised his eyebrows hearing her tone. “He had a bad show in San Diego.” She said to Justin. “I wouldn’t have minded if you called me. Is everything running smoothly again?”

 

“Yeah. And I would have called but I didn’t want to interrupt you and Justin,” BJ said.

 

“You wouldn’t have interrupted anything,” Kathryn rolled her eyes and chuckled. “Isn’t Seven out there with you, for the week?”

 

“Uh-huh. Why?” He asked suspiciously.

 

“I was just wondering,” Kathryn paused, “if she was going to be your date for the wedding? Is she there? Let me talk to her.”

 

“Yes she is, and no she isn’t here right now.” Brasen answered and changed the subject. “My flight comes in at 10:36 in the morning on the 24th … ummm … gate 12. You are going to pick me up right?”

 

“That is the last day of school, so I’ll send Justin to get you. Is that okay?” She asked.

 

“I got to go, Seven and I are supposed to meet for an early dinner she went out shopping with some friends. Anyway, I’ll call you sometime this week I guess.”

 

“All right, I love you Brasen and say hi to Seven for me,” Kathryn said.

 

“Love you too. Bye Ma,” Brasen said and hung up the phone on his end. Kathryn followed suit and set the phone down on the coffee table.

 

“Is everything going okay for him?” Justin asked.

 

“Yeah,” Kathryn answered. “Just a bad show. Seven is going to be his date for the wedding.”

 

“That’s cool. So I am picking him up from the airport?” Justin asked her as she stood up.

 

“Yeah, let me write down the information before I forget and put it on the fridge.” She grabbed the phone and walked back to the kitchen. He could hear her moving around in there. “What should I wear tonight?”

 

“Something sexy,” Justin answered.

 

“I don’t know if I can do sexy, but I’ll see what I can do.” Kathryn said and stepped out of the kitchen. She leaned over the couch and kissed the top of Justin’s head. “I’ll be getting ready.” Kathryn disappeared down the hall.

Chapter 10 by Christine
- May 2030 - 

After mass the following Sunday, Kathryn waited for the sanctuary to clear out. She walked to the back of the church and lit three of the candles, one of which was for Travis. Kathryn kneeled down on the kneeler and quietly thought to herself.

 

‘Travis, I know you’ve been taking care of me and Brasen for many years now, and I appreciate it so much. I still miss you, but I know that it has faded over the years, and especially recently. I’m sure you have watched Justin too, and he is so sweet. I know the two of you would have gotten along great.

 

‘I just think that it is time to let go. Really let go, since I am getting married next Saturday. Can you believe that? I never thought I would remarry after I lost you, but it’s happening. Justin has been one of the best things, and it’s nice to know that I will have someone around, since BJ is gone so much now.

 

‘I love you Travis. Keep watching BJ for me when I can’t be there. And I’ll be seeing you again.’

 

Just as she was finishing up her prayer, she felt a hand on her shoulder. Kathryn turned around and smiled seeing the priest.

 

“Hello Father,” She said quietly.

 

“Are you doing okay Kathryn?” He asked.

 

“Yes, just saying a good-bye to Travis.” Kathryn answered and looked through her purse. She found a tissue and dabbed at her eyes. “It’s sad, but it finally really feels right. You know?”

 

“Yeah,” The Father answered with a nod. “Would you like to talk about it?”

 

“I think I’ll be fine.” She answered as they walked out of the sanctuary and into the foyer. “Just so many changes are happening this week.” He nodded and let her continue talking. “With me leaving the school, which I am going to miss terribly. And my time at this parish is ending faster then I had hoped. And I’m getting married again.”

 

“Are you coming to the wedding? I know it’s not a Catholic service, but … I just,” She trailed off.

 

“I was planning on coming,” He smiled. “You’re happy though?”

 

“I couldn’t be happier. I would have loved to be married here again, but Justin’s not Catholic. And I don’t want to force that on him.” Kathryn said.

 

“Understandable. I’m sure it will be a beautiful service. We are going to miss seeing you around. You have done a lot for the parish, especially the school. You’re welcome back anytime.”

 

“I’ll be around, when Brasen is in town, for visits.” Kathryn smiled. “I better get home with breakfast. I’ll see you around this week. Mass on Wednesday like always?” She asked.

 

“Of course,” he answered with a smile. “I’ll see you Kathryn. Have a good day.”

 

“You too,” Kathryn pushed the door open and walked outside to her SUV. She got in and started the engine. Kathryn left the nearly empty parking lot and stopped at a donut shop on her way home. Justin was up now, and watching some TV.

 

“Hey sweetie. How was church?” He stood up when she walked into the room. Kathryn set the box of croissants down on the coffee table and wrapped her arms around Justin.

 

“It was good. I talked to Father for a little bit, which is why I am a little late.” They kissed. “What did you do this morning?”

 

“Slept and watched TV. What did you bring for breakfast?”

 

“Ham and cheese croissants. What would you like to drink?”

 

“Whatever you are having.” Justin answered. Kathryn disappeared and came back a couple of minutes later with some napkins and two glasses of orange juice. Kathryn sat down on the couch next to Justin, and they settled in for some breakfast and TV watching.

 

-----------------------------------

 

“Why are you crying Mrs. Kelly?” He asked. Her class was having their end of the year party, and it was really hitting her that this would be her last.

 

“Remember how I told you guys that I wasn’t going to be here next year?” She asked and he nodded. “I’m just sad that I won’t be back. I’m going to miss all of you.”

 

“I’m gonna miss you too,” The little boy hugged her. Kathryn gave him a hug too and then he ran off to go get a piece of pizza too. Kathryn watched the class settle down at their tables and eat. She was happy to see them excited about their summer vacations. Kathryn moved to the table where she helped one of the girls cut her pizza into pieces.

 

The party ended an hour later and Kathryn sent her students off for one last time. She hung out outside of the building, and made sure that every student was picked up, before going in to start packing. Kathryn unfolded a box and set it on top of the counter. She looked around the room, and took it all in.

 

She had so many memories from this classroom, and was reminded of so many students. Kathryn pulled a tissue out of the box on her desk and wiped her eyes quickly.

 

“Are you okay?” Emma asked as she walked into the classroom.

 

“Yeah,” Kathryn nodded. “I’m just thinking about everything. This year went so fast. There’s a lot to do too.”

 

“Do you want some help?” She asked and sat down on the counter.

 

“I think I can manage.” Kathryn answered. “I was just going to get rid of things that I don’t need and no one needs, let you guys go through stuff I think you could use, and pack up my personal items.” She walked over to her desk and sat down in the chair.

 

“Can I look through your activity and workbooks?” Emma asked.

 

“Yeah, take what you want and just toss what you don’t.” Kathryn nodded. She pulled open the bottom desk drawer and started looking through the files. She sorted out the papers that she thought she might need and threw out the trash.

 

“Are you excited about this weekend?”

 

“Of course,” Kathryn answered. “It’s a whole new life, that I am ready to begin.” She looked at the picture of Justin and Brasen on her desk. It had been taken at an after party for the Grammy Awards, which she found in a magazine, and put in a frame. There was a picture of her and Justin as well, and one of BJ when he was a baby.

 

Kathryn put the photos in the box and finished packing up her personal stuff. She closed the box and looked at the clock.

 

“I am going to head out. Justin picked BJ up from the airport this morning, and I want to spend some time with him.” Kathryn said. “Just lock the door when you are done, and feel free to go through anything in that cabinet if you want.”

 

“Will do. Say hi to them for me, and I’ll see you bright and early tomorrow for a fun day of meetings and cleaning.” Emma smiled.

 

“You’ll be in meetings, I’ll just be packing,” Kathryn smiled sadly. She picked up her jacket, bag, and the box and headed for the door. “See you later.” Kathryn headed out to her car, which was parked in the back lot. She set the box on the ground, found her keys in her bag and unlocked the door. Kathryn slid the box onto the backseat and then got in herself.

 

Kathryn smiled seeing Justin and Brasen standing in the driveway. Justin was bouncing a basketball, while Brasen stood there talking about something. Kathryn parked the car on the road and got out. She grabbed the box out of the backseat and walked around the front of the car and up the drive.

 

“Hey sweetie,” Kathryn said and kissed Justin on the lips.

 

“I’ll take that,” He tossed the basketball onto the grass and grabbed the box from her hands.

 

“Thanks.” Kathryn smiled and watched him walk towards the house. “Hi BJ.” Kathryn wrapped her arms around him and kissed his cheek. “How was your flight home?”

 

“It was great,” Brasen said. “I missed you.”

 

“I missed you too,” Kathryn said. “Are you going to come inside? Or are you and Justin playing basketball?”

 

“We were just out here,” He shrugged. “Let’s go in. There’s someone who wants to see you anyway.”

 

“Who is that?” She asked. Brasen shrugged again and put his hand on the small of her back pushing her to go. He bent over and grabbed the basketball and then followed her into the house. Kathryn opened the door and smiled seeing Seven sitting in the living room.

 

“Seven, I thought you weren’t coming in until tomorrow night,” Kathryn said.

 

“BJ invited me to come home with him. I hope that’s okay.” She said.

 

“You are welcome in my home anytime.” Kathryn walked over to her and leaned over to give her a hug. “I am so glad you could come to the wedding.”

 

“Me too,” Seven smiled.

 

“Should we go out for an early dinner?” Justin asked.

 

“Sure, let me go change into something more comfortable.” Kathryn answered.

 

“I have something to say first,” BJ said just as she was turning to leave the living room.

 

“What’s that?” Kathryn asked with a smile.

 

“Seven and I are dating,” He answered.

 

“That’s wonderful,” She bounced on her toes a little bit as she walked over to the two of them. “I am so happy.” Kathryn kissed each of their cheeks. “We’re going out to celebrate that.”

 

“I’m glad you’re okay with it,” Seven said.

 

“Why wouldn’t I be?” Kathryn asked. “I adore you Seven, and I think you and BJ are perfect for each other.” She smiled again at each of them, before turning and walking out of the room to change for dinner.

 

---------------------------------

 

“It seems so small,” BJ said. He and Seven had come with Kathryn to the school, to help her pack up the rest of her things.

 

“Well, that’s because you’ve grown so much,” Kathryn smiled. “This is the school and church Brasen grew up in.” She said to Seven.

 

“That’s so cool,” Seven said and reached for Brasen’s hand and gave it a squeeze. Brasen kissed her on the cheek. “I wish I was raised in a church like this.” Kathryn smiled at that as she unlocked her classroom door. She opened it and flipped on the lights.

 

“Where should we start?” Seven asked excitedly.

 

“If you guys would take the posters off of the walls that would be great.” Kathryn said. “Just make a pile on the counter and I will leave them there for everyone to go through.” She walked over to her desk and the bookshelf behind it. Brasen and Seven got started on taking the posters off of the wall, while she looked through the books there.

 

They worked all morning, and were interrupted a few times by some of the other teachers. Justin came by early afternoon, on his way back from the airport, where he had picked up his daughters. He helped Brasen take some boxes out to Kathryn’s XTERRA.

 

“Why don’t me and Seven take the girls and your stuff home, and you and Justin can hang out here for a bit,” BJ suggested. They had finished packing up the room and getting rid of things a couple of hours later.

 

“Thank you,” Kathryn said. She gave him a hug and smiled when he kissed her cheek. “We’ll be home in a little bit.” Brasen and Seven headed out of the room with Claire and Kelsey. Kathryn looked around the room, with Justin watching her the entire time.

 

“Are you okay?” Justin asked quietly. He moved to lean against the now empty desk.

 

“Yeah,” Kathryn nodded. She moved closer to him and let him wrap his arms around her. She rested her head on his shoulder. “It’s just sad to see this part of my life come to an end.”

 

“I know,” He ran his fingers through her hair and kissed her forehead. He continued to hold her until she pulled away. Kathryn looked around again, and they stood in silence.

 

“Let’s go,” She sucked in a deep breath and let it out. Kathryn reached for his hand and they walked to the door. She hit the light switch one last time and closed the door. They stopped in the office so she could drop of a few things and say some goodbyes.

 
Chapter 11 by Christine
-May 28, 2030- 

Kathryn reached over and shut the alarm off, the following morning. Justin grumbled and rolled over to face her.

 

“Morning,” Kathryn said quietly as he put her arm around her.

 

“Hi,” He responded. “Do we really have to get up?”

 

“Not unless you don’t want to get married today.”

 

“I do. I was just up late with BJ and the girls last night.”

 

“Everyone is going to be cranky today, then?” She asked mostly to herself. Kathryn moved so she was sitting up. Justin tried to protest it, but she was to fast. He ended up sitting up himself.

 

“I’ll start some coffee and get everyone up.” Kathryn straightened out her pajamas as she stood up. She grabbed her robe off of the chair and walked out of the room. Kathryn started the coffee maker and headed back down the hall. She stopped at Brasen’s room first.

 

“Are ya’ll up?” Kathryn asked when she heard movement in there.

 

“I am,” Seven answered and opened the door. “I’ll get Brasen up in a second. I was going to hop in the shower first.”

 

“K,” Kathryn nodded and moved to the room that Claire and Kelsey were sleeping in. She got them up and moving before going to pour her and Justin a cup of coffee. She walked into the bedroom and set down both mugs on a side table. Justin had moved into the bathroom and she could here him moving around in there.

 

“There is some coffee on the table for you,” Kathryn said knocking on the bathroom door. Justin pulled the door open with a smile. He was standing there in a pair of jeans with a grin on his face.

 

“Great,” He smiled. “We’re gettin’ married.”

 

“Yes we are,” Kathryn said with a smile. “Are you done in the bathroom?”

 

“Uh-huh,” Justin leaned over and kissed her cheek. He walked over to the table and picked up one of the mugs. Kathryn grabbed her stuff and went into the bathroom. She closed the door and got ready for her shower.

 

An hour and a half later everyone was ready to head out in the direction they were going. Kathryn and the girls were going to get their hair put up, while the boys went to pick up some last minute things and head for the chapel.

 

---------------------------------

 

“Do you girls want to wear some make-up?” Kathryn asked. They were in the bride’s room at the chapel getting ready. Both Claire and Kelsey were already in their dresses and Seven had disappeared when they got there.

 

“Can we?” Claire asked, “Mom never lets us.”

 

“I don’t see why not,” Kathryn smiled. “It is a special occasion.”

 

“Cool,” Claire smiled too.

 

“Come over here then,” Kathryn sat down at the small table. Claire came over and stood in front of her. She finished putting make-up on Claire just as Seven came back.

 

“Where did you go?” Kathryn asked.

 

“To talk to BJ,” Seven answered. “He said he would be down here in a few minutes. The church is starting to fill up.”

 

“Already?” Kathryn asked. “Ready Kelsey?” Claire went to sit down on the couch and Kelsey walked over to Kathryn.

 

“How many people did you say you invited?” Seven asked and sat down on the couch next to Claire.

 

“Around 75, everyone is supposed to be here.” Kathryn answered. The room was quiet for a few minutes.

 

“Knock-knock,” Brasen stuck his head in the room, just as Kathryn was finishing up on Kelsey.

 

“Thank you,” Kelsey said.

 

“You’re welcome sweetie. Come on in BJ.” Kathryn smiled at her son. He was going to be walking her down the isle in just a few minutes. Claire and Kelsey were going to be walking down the isle before them. Justin and she felt it was important for their children to be involved in the ceremony.

 

“Are you ready to go sit Seven?” Brasen asked.

 

“Yeah,” Seven stood up.

 

“Let me have a hug first,” Kathryn stood up too. Seven walked over and gave her a hug, before Brasen walked her out to her seat.

 

“Can we go see Dad?” Kelsey asked.

 

“Of course,” Kathryn responded. She watched Claire and Kelsey leave the room. Kathryn was left alone in the room for a few minutes. She took the time to reflect and pray about the rest of her life, which was going to be spent with Justin. Brasen came back into the room quietly. Kathryn turned around to face him with a smile.

 

“How are you holding up?” BJ asked.

 

“Just fine,” Kathryn answered. “What about you? I don’t want you to think I am replacing you or anything. You are the most important person to me, other then God, in the world.” Kathryn responded. Brasen grabbed a chair and pulled it over to where she was standing. Kathryn sat down.

 

“I am doing fine to. I know how much you love me, and I know that Justin loves you just as much.” Brasen said. “He’s really good for you, and I am glad that Justin is who you are going to be with.”

 

“Justin loves you too, Brasen.” Kathryn reached for one of his hands. “I know I have told you this hundreds of times, but I can’t tell you enough how proud I am. You have grown into an amazing man, over the years – just like your father.

 

“I hope that you will find the same love that I have, one day.”

 

“I think I have,” Brasen said quietly.

 

“Seven? I know.” He nodded.

 

“Please don’t tell her though, we just started dating and …”

 

“I won’t,” Kathryn squeezed his hand and looked at the clock. She sucked in a deep breath. “I guess we better head out.”

 

“Yeah,” Brasen stood. He helped her up and they walked out into the hall. Claire and Kelsey were waiting at the doors to the chapel, and they headed over there.

 

The music started a few seconds later and Claire and Kelsey started down the isle. Brasen and Kathryn stepped into the doorway and watched the two girls.

 

“Are you ready Ma?” Brasen asked. They stood just outside the doors to the small sanctuary. Kathryn could see Justin standing next to the minister. He was watching each of his daughters walk down the isle.

 

“Yes.” She said quietly and smiled when Justin bent over and placed a kiss on Claire’s cheek. He did the same to Kelsey when she got to the front. Both girls sat down, and the wedding march started. Brasen and Kathryn started down the isle. Justin watched every step that Kathryn took with a grin on his face. Kathryn smiled at him too.

 

BJ and she stopped just before Justin and the minister. Their guests sat down and the minister started once the quiet noise subsided.

 

“We are gathered here today in the sight of God and angels, and the presence of friends and loved ones, to celebrate one of life's greatest moments, to give recognition to the worth and beauty of love, and to add our best wishes and blessings to the words which shall unite Justin Timberlake and Kathryn Kelly in holy matrimony.

 

“Marriage is a most honorable estate, created and instituted by God, signifying unto us the mystical union, which also exists between Christ and the Church; so too may this marriage be adorned by true and abiding love.” He started.

Justin was only paying attention to Kathryn as she stood with her arm looped through BJ’s. He smiled at both of them and waited, to take Kathryn’s hand. “Who is it that brings this woman to this man?” “I do,” BJ said and placed Kathryn’s hand in Justin’s. He kissed Kathryn’s cheek and stepped back before taking a seat in the front pew next to Kelsey and Claire.  

 

“Justin and Kathryn life is given to each of us as individuals, and yet we must learn to live together. Love is given to us by our family and friends. We learn to love by being loved. Learning to love and living together is one of life's greatest challenges and is the shared goal of a married life.

 

“But a husband and wife should not confuse love of worldly measures for even if worldly success is found; only love will maintain a marriage. Mankind did not create love; love is created by God. The measure of true love is a love both freely given and freely accepted, just as God's love of us is unconditional and free.

 

“Today truly is a glorious day the Lord hath made - as today both of you are blessed with God's greatest of all gifts - the gift of abiding love and devotion between a man and a woman. All present here today - and those here in heart - wish both of you all the joy, happiness and success the world has to offer.

 

“As you travel through life together, I caution you to remember that the true measure of success, the true avenue to joy and peace, is to be found within the love you hold in your hearts. I would ask that you hold the key to your heart very tightly.

 

“Within the Bible, nothing is of more importance than love. We are told the crystalline and beautiful truth: "God is Love". We are assured that "Love conquers all".  It is love, which brings you here today, the union of two hearts and two spirits. As your lives continue to interweave as one pattern, remember that it was love that brought you here today, it is love that will make this a glorious union, and it is love which will cause this union to endure.

“Justin do you take Kathryn to be your wife? Do you promise to love, honor, cherish and protect her, forsaking all others and holding only to her forevermore?” 

“I do.” Justin responded with a squeeze of his hand.

 

“Kathryn do you take Justin to be your husband? Do you promise to love, honor, cherish and protect him, forsaking all others and holding only to him forevermore?” 

 

“I do.” She smiled softly and squeezed his hand back.

 

“A marriage ceremony represents one of life's greatest commitments, but also is a declaration of love. I wish to read to you what Paul wrote of love in a letter to the Corinthians a long time ago. I believe this is a true model of love, and it is a model of love I would hope you both would pursue in your marriage:

 

“Though I speak with the tongues of men and angels - but do not have love, I am only sounding brass or tinkling cymbals. Though I have the gift of prophecy and understanding all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith so that I could remove mountains – but do not have love, I am nothing. Though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned but do not have love, it profits me nothing. 

 

“Love endures and is kind. Love is not envious or jealous. Love wants not itself, is not puffed up, does not behave itself unseemly, seeks not its own, it is not easily provoked, and thinks no evil. Love does not rejoice in unrighteousness - but in the truth. “Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, and endures all things. Love never fails. 

 

“Where there are prophecies, they shall fail, where there be tongues, they shall cease, where there be knowledge, it shall vanish away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when that which is perfect is come, that which is part shall be done away with. 

 

“When I was a child I used to talk as a child, think as a child, reason as a child. When I became an adult, I put aside childish things. At present we see indistinctly - as in a mirror - but then we shall see face to face. At present I know partially, then I shall know fully, as I am fully known. So faith, hope, love remain- these three- but the greatest of these is love.” 

 

“I, Justin take thee Kathryn, to be my wife. To have and to hold, in sickness and in health, for richer or for poorer, and I promise my love to you forevermore.” 

 

“I, Kathryn take thee Justin to be my husband. To have and to hold, in sickness and in health, for richer or for poorer, and I promise my love to you forevermore.” 

 

“Wedding rings are an outward and visible sign of an inward spiritual grace, signifying to all the uniting of this man and this woman in marriage.” 

 

"With this ring, I thee wed. In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Amen." Justin said as he slipped Kathryn’s wedding ring onto her finger. She had already moved her engagement ring and the ring from Travis to her right hand earlier.  

 

"With this ring, I thee wed. In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Amen." Kathryn said as she slipped the ring onto his finger. 

 

“Justin and Kathryn as the two of you come into this marriage uniting you as husband and wife, and as you this day affirm your faith and love for one another, I would ask that you always remember to cherish each other as special and unique individuals, that you respect the thoughts, ideas and suggestions of one another. Be able to forgive, do not hold grudges, and live each day that you may share it together - as from this day forward you shall be each other's home, comfort and refuge, your marriage strengthened by your love and respect.

 

"Dear heavenly Father, our hearts are filled with great happiness on Justin and Kathryn’s wedding day, as they come before You pledging their hearts and lives to one another. Grant that they may be ever true and loving, living together is such a way as to never bring shame or heartbreak into their marriage. Temper their hearts with kindness and understanding, rid them of all pretense of jealousy. Help them to remember to be each other's sweetheart, helpmate, friend and guide, so that together they may meet the cares and problems of life more bravely. And with the passage of time, may the home they are creating today, truly be a place of love and harmony, where your spirit is ever present.

 

“Bless this union we pray, and walk beside Justin, Kathryn, Brasen, Kelsey and Claire throughout all their lives together. We ask these things in Jesus name; Amen.

 

“Justin and Kathryn in so much as the two of you have agreed to live together in Matrimony; have promised your love for each other by these vows; the giving of these rings and the joining of your hands, I now declare you to be husband and wife.

 

“May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make his face shine upon you, and be gracious unto you. May the Lord lift up his countenance unto you, and give you peace. 

 

“Congratulations, you may kiss your bride.” Justin smiled and happily obliged that request. He leaned down and gave Kathryn a short kiss before the two turned to face the crowd. 

 

“I present to you Mr. and Mrs. Justin Timberlake.”

  
End Notes:
The End.
This story archived at http://nsync-fiction.com/archive/viewstory.php?sid=825