Fragments-- 1/2 smile by heartfelt
Summary: I wrote a story last year called "Music From Another Room". Here's a fragment that wasn't part of the story, but was derived from it. Just a snippet, a fragment, a tiny bit of nothing, really.
Categories: Completed Het Stories Characters: Justin Timberlake
Awards: None
Genres: General
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 220 Read: 1123 Published: May 14, 2008 Updated: May 14, 2008
Story Notes:
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

1. 1/2 smile by heartfelt

1/2 smile by heartfelt

On days like these, when the rain doesn't fall, and the sun doesn't come out, and the weather just hangs in the air, we become completely silent.

She hates the weather and she hates it when it can't make up its mind.

We sit at the kitchen table for a good seven minutes before she acknowledges me.

Her face is blank like a canvas. She wants me to fill it.

I start to speak, but she interrupts, “Justin.” A beat, a staccato, barely two syllables.

I start to speak, but she interrupts, “So when are you gonna be my Lloyd Dobler, J?”

She has this confusing, odd habit of placing me in old movies and I have to figure out what the hell she's talking about. Today is easy though.

I counter back, “Depends. I gave you my heart. Where's my pen?”

She grunts and pretends to swoon. “You're no fun. Besides, you don't hold a candle to John Cusack.”

“Please. John Cusack is practically fucking 60 by now.” ¼ a smile.

I wiggle my eyebrows, “He has nothing on me, wanna see a real man, baby?” ½ a smile.

I start to speak, but she interrupts, with her cutting silence.

On days like these, half smiles are infinitely better than blank faces.




End Notes:

Movie reference here is "Say Anything".

Sorry about the little bash on john cusack. in truth, i fucking love him.

This story archived at http://nsync-fiction.com/archive/viewstory.php?sid=874