Sissy by Christine
Summary: Sierra Stevens is busy raising her little sister and son, while working on her college degree. Justin Timberlake is raising his daughter, and looking to settle down even more.
Categories: Completed Het Stories Characters: Justin Timberlake
Awards: None
Genres: General, Romance
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 30 Completed: Yes Word count: 54411 Read: 77286 Published: May 19, 2008 Updated: Jun 24, 2008

1. Chapter 1 by Christine

2. Chapter 2 by Christine

3. Chapter 3 by Christine

3. Chapter 4 by Christine

5. Chapter 5 by Christine

6. Chapter 6 by Christine

7. Chapter 7 by Christine

8. Chapter 8 by Christine

9. Chapter 9 by Christine

10. Chapter 10 by Christine

11. Chapter 11 by Christine

12. Chapter 12 by Christine

13. Chapter 13 by Christine

14. Chapter 14 by Christine

15. Chapter 15 by Christine

16. Chapter 16 by Christine

17. Chapter 17 by Christine

18. Chapter 18 by Christine

19. Chapter 19 by Christine

20. Chapter 20 by Christine

21. Chapter 21 by Christine

22. Chapter 22 by Christine

23. Chapter 23 by Christine

24. Chapter 24 by Christine

25. Chapter 25 by Christine

26. Chapter 26 by Christine

27. Chapter 27 by Christine

28. Chapter 28 by Christine

29. Chapter 29 by Christine

30. Chapter 30 by Christine

Chapter 1 by Christine
November 2011

"Sissy!" Cora whined and tugged on her sister's hand. The toy store was the only place she wanted to go to in the mall and she wasn't being allowed to.

"I said no Cora." Sierra pulled the four-year old closer to her side. She had her other hand pushing the stroller in front of her. "We're here to get you some new pants."

"I want a toy," She pouted.

"Next time Cora." They walked into the department store and found the little girls section. Sierra walked over to the jeans and found a couple of pairs for her to try on.

"I like this," Cora pulled on a pair of pants that were hanging on a hanger. Sierra turned around and looked at the pair.

"Let's find your size then, and we need to go to the fitting room so you can try them on." She shuffled through the rack, pulled off the right size and set them on top of the stroller. "Come on."

"I can do it myself," Cora said before Sierra had a chance to wrestle the stroller into the fitting room.

"You have to come out though and show me," Sierra said seriously. Cora nodded and took the jeans from Sierra when she handed them to her. The little girl walked into the dressing room. Sierra checked on the baby boy who managed to stay asleep the entire time, which was good for her.

She looked up for a second and smiled seeing a man and his daughter looking at clothes for her. He didn't seem to have his hands full like she did. When her mother died two years ago she was left to care for her younger sister and then just over a year ago she found out she was pregnant with Cameron.

"Sissy?" Sierra looked up from tucking the blanket back around Cameron and smiled at her little sister.

"Come over here," Sierra said. Cora walked over and Sierra tugged on the pants to make sure they fit her right. "Those are good. Are they comfortable?" The little girl nodded. "Go try on the next pair," She patted the little girl on the butt and stood up.

"Got your hands full?" Sierra looked startled as she heard his voice. She turned around to see the man she was watching before standing behind her. He had sent, who she assumed was his daughter, into the dressing room behind Cora.

"Always," Sierra answered with a smile and looked down at her son.

"How old is he?"

"Four months."

"I'm hungry," Cora announced as she stepped out of the dressing room with the second pair of pants on.

"Well go home and have lunch when we're done here." Sierra answered as she knelt down and fussed with this pair of pants as well. "Do you like this pair?"

"Yes," Cora answered. Sierra nodded and watched her go back into the dressing room.

"My daughter and I are going to grab something to eat, would you like to join us?" He asked.

"I don't think-"

"I'm sorry I shouldn't have assumed that you are single."

"Oh I am … I just-"

"Then join us, it'll be my treat." He insisted.

"Are you sure?" She wanted to give in so badly, and it was very tempting to want to get to know him more.

"Yes," He smiled and held his hand out for her to shake, "Justin Timberlake."

"I know," Sierra nodded and shook his hand. "Sierra Stevens and this is my son, Cameron and Cora is my little sister." Justin's daughter walked out of the dressing room and handed him the clothes she had tried on.

"Do you want these?" He asked.

"Yes," She answered and looked over at Sierra. "Hi."

"Hi," Sierra said, "I'm Sierra. What is your name sweetie?"

"Olivia." The little girl answered and turned to her Dad. "Can we go eat now?"

"Sierra and her sister are going to join us," Justin said. "So we need to wait a little bit. Do you want to go look around some more?"

"No, I'm done." Olivia answered and looked into the stroller. "What's his name?"

"Cameron," Sierra answered the little girl just as Cora came out of the dressing room. "Oh sweetie those are too big." Sierra chuckled seeing the bottom of the pants drag on the floor. "Go ahead and put your pants back on and we'll go eat."

"Who are you?" Cora asked curiously.

"That's Justin and his daughter Olivia. We are going to eat lunch with them, is that okay?" Sierra asked. Cora nodded and turned to walk back into the dressing room for the final time. "How old are you Olivia?"

"Seven," She answered.

"Are you in school?"

"Yeah. Second grade."

"Do you like it?" Sierra got in a couple of more questions before Cora came back out and handed her the jeans. The little girls introduced themselves and walked in front of Justin and Sierra as they headed to a checkout.

"How's McDonalds?"

"That's fine," Sierra signed the receipt while the cashier put the new jeans in the plastic bag. "Which one?"

"The one just down the street from here. Is that okay?"

"Yeah." Sierra nodded and took the bag from the cashier's hand. "Thank you. Cora lets go okay … we're going to go to McDonalds."

"Cool." Cora said and grabbed Sierra's hand.

"See you in a few minutes." Justin said. He watched Sierra walk out of the store with the two kids while the cashier rang up the stuff that he was buying for his daughter.

They met up at McDonald's and Justin paid for their meal as promised. Sierra thanked him as they sat down in the playground area. She helped Cora get her meal situated and then got hers as well. Cameron started to fuss in his stroller and she picked him up and got out a bottle for him to drink while she ate her meal.

The two girls ran off to the playground after they had eaten, leaving Justin and Sierra by themselves.

"They seem to have hit it off," Sierra said and looked towards the playground. Cora was pulling off her shoes and put them in the little cubby holes before going after Olivia in the ball pit.

"That's good." Justin said.

"It is?" Sierra questioned. Justin nodded with a smile. Sierra smiled to and looked down at where Cameron had fallen asleep in her arms. She set the bottle on the table, but kept him in her arms instead of laying him down in his carrier. The two of them chatted while the girls played for almost thirty minutes.

Justin had to practically go inside the ball pit to get both girls to come out, and Sierra was glad that Cora listened to him when he went over there. Sierra put Cameron down in his carrier and helped Cora put her shoes on.

"Thanks for lunch." Sierra said as she stood up. She picked up her bag and the car seat that Cameron was in.

"Can I have your number?" Justin asked. Sierra found a pen in her bag and wrote down her home number on an extra napkin. Justin put it in his pocket and they said their goodbyes.

--

"Well you look quite happy this morning." Sierra's Aunt Carrah said as she walked into the kitchen.

"Just invite yourself in," Sierra smiled and grabbed a mug from the cabinet. She poured herself a cup of coffee and sat down at the table.

"Where are the kids?" Carrah asked as she sat down at the table.

"Still asleep," Sierra answered. "I thought I would let them sleep a little late. I'm sure Cameron will wake up any minute though."

"So why are we all smiles this morning?" Carrah asked.

"I met a guy," Sierra giggled as her index finger trailed over the rim of her mug. She reached to pick it up and took a sip.

"Oh?"

"Yes," Sierra looked down at the table. "I met him at the mall. He was shopping with his daughter."

"Does he have a name?"

"Justin," She answered.

"Are you going to go out?" Carrah asked just as Cameron's cries were heard from upstairs. Sierra stood up and started to walk out of the room.

"When he calls," She disappeared up the stairs with that answer. "Hey hot stuff," Sierra smiled as she picked up the baby from his crib. She kissed his cheeks a couple of times before setting him down on the changing table to change his diaper. "Let's find something for you to wear today." Sierra picked him up and walked over to the dresser.

"Sissy!" Cora giggled as she came bouncing into the room still in her pajamas.

"Good mornin' Cora," Sierra smiled and kissed her head. "Aunt Carrah is here; see if she'll fix you something to eat while I get Cameron dressed."

"Okay," Cora left the room. Sierra heard her make her way down the stairs and chat with Carrah. She dressed Cameron quickly and then made her way downstairs where she fixed him his breakfast.

--

Sierra bounced Cameron on her hip as she reached to pick up the phone. Cameron put his hand in his mouth and sucked on his fingers.

"Hello?" Sierra asked as she tried to pull them from his mouth. Cameron screeched and then put his hand back.

"What is the problem over there?"

"Who's this?" Sierra asked not recognizing the male voice on the other end.

"Oh sorry, it's Justin." He said.

"Oh hi," Sierra smiled and wiggled her eyebrows at Cameron. The little boy giggled with his hand in his mouth. Sierra shook her head. "How are you?"

"I'm doing good," she could hear him laugh at something else.

"What's going on over there?" Sierra asked and sat down on the couch with Cameron in still in her arms.

"Olivia," Justin chuckled. "She's mocking me." Sierra giggled at the thought. "So I know it's short notice, but I was wondering if you would like to go out Tuesday night?"

"I would love too," Sierra answered.
Chapter 2 by Christine
"Sierra!" Her aunt yelled from the bottom of the stairs. "I let myself in."

"Hi," Sierra said walking out of Cameron's bedroom with him on her hip. "I'm running a little behind. Thank you so much for coming and watching them for me."

"Well it's not every day that my niece goes on a date and that makes me happy." Her aunt smiled. "Where is Cora?" She started up the stairs, "and let me see that baby boy." She reached for the little boy in Sierra's arms. "You go get ready, we'll be just fine."

"Thanks so much Aunt Carrah," Sierra turned to go into her room, "Cora is in her room." She said as she disappeared and closed the door behind. Sierra fumbled through her closet before pulling out a pink skirt and white button down shirt to wear.

Sierra looked at the clock and pulled her t-shirt off. She put the shirt on and buttoned it up quickly before taking her shorts off and replacing them with the skirt. The doorbell rang and she ran downstairs to answer it. Justin stood on the other side of the door with his daughter at her feet.

"I'm so sorry I didn't call before but my baby-sitter canceled and I couldn't get anyone else," He said as Sierra invited the two of them in.

"It's all right. My aunt will watch her," Sierra said with a smile. "Aunt Carrah! We have a guest." Sierra's aunt appeared at the top of the stairs with Cameron still in her arms and Cora at her feet. They started down the stairs. "This is Justin's daughter, Olivia. His baby-sitter canceled at the last minute."

"That is not a problem," Aunt Carrah said.

"Are you sure?" Justin asked.

"It isn't at all. I'm just glad to see Sierra going on a date," the older women smiled at Justin and then looked down at Olivia. Sierra rolled her eyes at Justin when she said that, and he smiled at her.

"I'm sorry. I'm not even ready," she looked frazzled all of a sudden.

"Take your time I am in no hurry," Justin said. Sierra smiled thankfully and ran up the stairs to finish getting ready.

"Olivia we were just about to go make some cookies would you like to help out?"

"Yes." Olivia smiled and took Carrah's free hand. Cora ran off into the kitchen.

"Would you like to join us in the kitchen for a few minutes, Justin?" Carrah asked.

"Sure," He smiled and followed her and his daughter into the kitchen. He watched as they got out all of the stuff to make the cookies and chatted with Sierra's aunt for a little bit.

"All right, I'm ready." Sierra came into the kitchen and reached for the little boy in her aunt's arms. "I love you baby." She kissed his cheek and he smiled, "you be good for Aunt Carrah. You too Cora." Sierra kissed the little girls cheek.

"All right, you two, go. Have fun," Sierra's aunt pushed them out of the kitchen as she took Cameron from her arms. The baby fussed being taken from his mother, "He'll be fine." Carrah said seeing Sierra's face.

"Thanks again," Justin said.

"No worries. Just have a nice night. Bye." She waved him off. And the two disappeared down the hall and out the front door.

"So where are we going too eat?"

"On the Border, is that okay?" He asked as they got into the car.

"That's fine." Sierra answered as she buckled her seatbelt. "You can never go wrong with Mexican food with me." Justin smiled at her as he pulled away from the front of her house.

--

"Your aunt seems nice." Justin said.

"She's great. I have lived next door to her all of my life, and when my Mom died she helped out a whole lot, especially with Cora." Sierra explained.

"That is nice that she was there." He looked down at the table. "If you don't mind me asked what happened to your Mom?"

"Not at all." Sierra paused for a minute. "She died from breast cancer. They found it to late, and couldn't do anything to help her."

"That's too bad." Justin said.

"It is. She doesn't get to watch Cora grow up or ever meet her Grandson. I wish she could though." Sierra reached for her drink. Justin covered her freehand and gave it a squeeze. She smiled behind the glass, and then set it down.

"On a lighter note, you said you were taking classes, how is that going?"

"Not this semester. I had to take off because of Cameron. I'll start up again in January and Aunt Carrah will watch him and Cora for me. I'll graduate in the spring."

"Did you not get behind?"

"I was already ahead, just by one semester though, so it isn't that big of a deal." She answered. "I love being home with them, but I'm ready to get back to school."

"Understandable, I am going to get back into the studio. Especially since Olivia is in school all day long, it is torture sitting at home by yourself." He said with a smile. Sierra chuckled.

"Feel free to come over." Sierra grinned and looked down at the table before looking back up at him. "So you got to ask about my mom. Can I ask about Olivia's?" Sierra asked him and hoped she didn't step over her boundaries.

"Actually … I adopted her."

"No kiddin'?" Justin shook his head no. "Wow … I just figured she didn't look like you. That's really neat. Why did you decide to adopt?"

"I wanted a kid, without the wife, I guess. It was just something I wanted to do." He said, "Olivia was almost two when I adopted her."

"Does she know?"

"Yeah. I thought that was important for her to always know." He explained. "It's been really fun the past five years and I love her a lot."

"Very understandable, so why did you adopt a girl?"

"Challenge," he shrugged, "girls are easier to spoil the boys are anyway." Sierra chuckled at this comment.

"That's sweet," Sierra said. "You've done a good job keeping her out of the public."

"When I adopted her, my career was slowing down a little anyway, which was why I decided to adopt her. And from what I know she doesn't have very great birth parents, and you never know what people will try and do. Cameron's dad?"

"Mmm…" She made a noise and thought about it for a couple of minutes. "I don't normally behave the way I did that night. I had a pretty rough time the year after my Mom died and I went out that night with some friends and got into trouble. But it was definitely a blessing. Cam was my little wake up call."

"So he wasn't something you would regret."

"Never in a million years. I never thought at this age that I'd be raising two kids, but it is all worth it."

"It certainly is." Justin agreed and lifted his glass. "To the kids?" He asked. Sierra raised her glass too and nodded. They tapped glasses and took a small drink.
"So do you have any good stories about Olivia?" Sierra asked as their waiter set their food down. The man nodded as they thanked him and walked away.

"I have so many." Justin smiled. They ate their meal while sharing stories about the kids.

--

"I had a great time tonight Justin." Sierra smiled. She hadn't been out in so long and it was a pleasantly surprised with his company.

"I did too," Justin responded genuinely. Sierra unlocked her front door and pushed it open. The two stepped inside.

"Aunt Carrah?" Sierra asked quietly when she spotted the older women reading and Olivia sound asleep on the couch. Her aunt stood up and walked over to the two.

"Back so soon?" Carrah asked slyly.

"Oh hush …" Sierra blushed and noticed Justin doing the same.

"What time did she fall asleep?" He asked and walked over to where his daughter was curled up on the couch under a blanket.

"Around nine," Carrah answered. "She and Cora had a great time together tonight. Let me get some of hose cookies for you."

"You don't have to do that." Justin said as he reached down and picked up Olivia. "You're getting so big," he said to her quietly and planted a kiss on her forehead when her eyes opened. "Did you have fun?"

Olivia nodded with her head resting on his shoulder. She closed her eyes and fell back asleep in his arms. Carrah walked back into the living room, and handed him a container of cookies.

"Thanks again." Justin whispered and walked back towards the front door. "I'll call you." He said to Sierra.

"Sounds good. Drive safe." Sierra opened the front door for him. "Good night."

"G'night," he nodded and turned around. Sierra watched him go down the steps and lay Olivia down on the backseat. He waved as he got into the drivers seat and Sierra waved back before closing the door.

"So how was it?" Carrah asked.

"It was nice," Sierra sighed. "I had a really nice time with him. How were Cameron and Cora?"

"Angels. Cam went down about 30 minutes ago." Carrah said.

"He'll be up in a couple of hours then." Sierra looked at the clock.

"I am going to go. Have a good night." Carrah grabbed her bag.

"Thanks again for watching Olivia as well." Sierra gave her a hug.

"Not a problem," Carrah opened the door and stepped out onto the porch. Sierra followed. "Night sweetie."

"Good night." Sierra said. Carrah stepped off the porch and Sierra watched to make sure she got across the yard and to her house safely. Sierra closed the door after the porch light shut off and back on across the yard. She moved upstairs and into her room.

The clothes she wore ended up on the floor as she moved towards her dresser. Sierra pulled out her pajamas and put them on. She finished getting ready for bed and went down the hall to check in on Cora and Cameron. Both were sound asleep and that made her happy.
Chapter 3 by Christine
January 2012

"Sierra, this is Trish Crawford. You will be observing her class this semester," Lily said. Mrs. Duvall was the principal of the elementary school that Sierra was going to do her observing with. It was the last credit she needed before she graduated.

"Nice to meet you," Sierra said and held out her hand and shook the older woman's.

"I'll let you take it from here Trish," Lily said. She nodded and walked off down the hallway.

"My room is right here," Trish said and lead her into the small classroom. "Go ahead and have a seat here, and we can chat a bit since we have 45 minutes before class starts." Trish asked her questions and Sierra answered them, while throwing in a few questions of her own.

--

"Sierra!" Sierra turned and smiled when she saw Olivia coming out of the bathroom. She and Trish were heading back to the classroom from the teachers lounge during their break.

"Hey Olivia, you have to call me Ms. Stevens here," Sierra said to the little girl.

"Okay," Olivia gave her a hug. "See you later."

"Bye," Sierra grinned and watched Olivia disappear back into her classroom. She had forgotten that this was the school were Olivia went, and was happy to see a familiar face.

"How do you know Olivia?"

"She is my boyfriend's daughter," Sierra answered as she followed the older women, back into her classroom.

"Oh - good thing you are teaching with me then and not Mrs. Jacobs across the hall."

"Why do you say that?" Sierra asked curiously as she took her seat.

"Relations like that interfere with the class," Trish said.

"She's a sweet girl."

"That child is a nightmare. Absolutely spoiled, and Mr. Timberlake doesn't know what he's doing," she scoffed. Sierra was surprised by her words. She had seen how he interacted with Olivia, and that wasn't the case.

"He's doing the best he can," Sierra stood up for him, "and I think he is doing a fine job raising her." Sierra had quickly discovered that Mrs. Crawford was very old fashioned when it came to teaching and relating with children. It would take her some time to adjust to it, but she hoped that they both could adjust to each other's way of thinking.

--

"You should have heard her Justin," Sierra said later that day, she was recounting her first day at the elementary school. She hit her hand on the marble countertop, frustrated with Trish Caldwell's behavior earlier that day. Justin was standing at the stove, mixing vegetables around the pan. "She was so rude, and I know that she doesn't like me just because -"

"Mrs. Crawford doesn't like anyone, and especially not me." He turned around.

"Ugh! She just makes me so mad," Sierra fumed.

"The woman is like 100, and hasn't realized that times have changed." Justin chuckled and walked over to where she stood. "You just have to stick it out Sierra," his arms wrapped around her. "You'll be a fine teacher, and who knows, maybe you can replace her, huh?" Sierra wrapped her arms around him, and rested her head on his chest. She nodded as he kissed her forehead. Cameron fussed from his highchair, and Sierra pulled away from Justin.

"Always gotta have all of the attention," She walked over to the baby and kissed his head.

"Do you want to call the girls down for dinner?"

"Sure." Sierra walked out of the room, and called for the girls who were upstairs playing in Cora's room. She walked back into the kitchen and sat down at the table next to Cameron's highchair. Justin set the food on the table, and sat down just as the girls came into the kitchen.

"So do you want to go out for a nice dinner Friday night?" He asked.

"I would love too," Sierra answered and opened the can of baby food that was sitting on the table. She set it back down so she could fix Cora a plate quickly, and then moved on to feed Cameron, before herself.

--

"Why the fancy dinner Justin?" Sierra asked him that Friday. He had taken her to an upscale restaurant for dinner, and now they were seated and waiting for their food to come.

"Your first week is done, and I thought we should celebrate it." Justin said. He smiled at the waiter as he set two glasses on the table and poured wine into each glass.

"And I am glad it's done and I survived, and now I can't wait to see what happens in the coming weeks." Sierra grinned. Justin was happy because she was happy. "I have to start coming up with lesson plans, because in two weeks I get to teach the class. Which I am really excited about."

"That's great Sierra, and I know you'll be the best. You'll be better then Mrs. Crawford," he winked. Sierra giggled and reached for the glass of wine that was placed in front of her. They talked more about Mrs. Crawford, and what Sierra was thinking of doing with the kids. There food came and they ate.

"Olivia is having a sleepover for her birthday in a couple of weeks, and I was wondering if you wouldn't mind coming over and helping out?" Justin asked when they were in the car on the way home. "I don't know if I can handle a bunch of screaming girls all night."

"Well how many friends is she inviting?" Sierra asked.

"Just three, and she wants Cora to come too," He looked over at her quickly and then back at the road.

"I'll leave once they are tucked safely in their sleeping bags and come back in the morning to make breakfast, so what day is this?"

"Today is Friday," Justin grinned. Sierra rolled her eyes, "It's on the 30th. I was just going to order pizza and then put them in front of the TV."

"You are an amazing party planner," Sierra giggled and rolled her eyes again.

"See, that is why I need you." Justin reached over and picked up her hand. He brought it to his lips and kissed it.

"I'll come up with some things."

"Thank you," He leaned over and kissed her quickly. They got to Sierra's house and Justin walked her to the door, since he had to pick up Olivia anyway. Carrah had been babysitting her, along with Cora and Cameron, every time Justin and Sierra went out, since it was easier for them.

"Hey, you're still up," Justin said when they walked into the living room. Olivia was sitting on the couch, with her legs tucked under. "Did you have fun?"

"Yeah," Olivia answered as Justin picked her up. He kissed her cheek and set her down.

"Go get your bag so we can go." The little girl ran off into the kitchen. "Thanks for watching her Carrah."

"Always a pleasure. She's a great girl," Carrah answered. "I thought ya'll would be out later."

"I had a busy week, didn't want to be out late." Sierra said. "How were Cora and Cameron?"

"Good too," Carrah answered as Olivia came back into the living room. "How about I get Olivia in the car and leave you two alone for a minute. Come on Olivia."

"Night Sierra." Olivia gave Sierra a hug.

"See you," Sierra kissed her on the head and then watched her leave the room with Carrah.

"Thank you for tonight," Sierra said.

"Anytime," He wrapped his arms around her and pulled her close. "So can I kiss you now?"

"What are you waiting for? We've been dating for two whole months." Sierra put her arms around his neck.

"I wasn't sure …" Justin shrugged and looked down at her. Sierra smiled and stood on her toes to kiss him. There lips met, and Justin's head followed hers as Sierra's feet sunk back to rest flat on the carpet. Sierra moved him closer and deepened the contact.

"That was nice," Sierra said when they pulled apart. Justin nodded and kissed her again.

"I better go," Justin said. He held onto her hand as they walked to the door. Justin opened it with his freehand and kissed her again. "Good night."

"Good night." Sierra squeezed his hand and dropped it as he stepped onto the porch. "Call me."

"I will," He leaned down again and gave her one last kiss. Sierra watched him step off of the porch and walk to his car. Sierra closed the door with one last wave, and walked into the living room to turn off the TV and lights.
Chapter 4 by Christine
"For Friday I was thinking you could just come over right after work," Justin suggested. They were walking around a party supply store, getting things for Olivia's birthday party on Friday. Sierra was pushing the cart, and Cameron sat happily in the baby seat while Olivia and Cora walked in front of the cart.

"I can bring Olivia home, but then you can pick up Cora from my house." Sierra said. They stopped in the aisle with the children's party stuff.

"I can do that," He nodded. "Pick out what you want Olivia." Justin helped her get the stuff they needed, before moving on down the isle.

--

"Are you ready to go?" Sierra asked Olivia. It was Friday afternoon, and Olivia had been bouncing off the walls since she came into the classroom Sierra was in.

"Yes, yes, yes." Olivia giggled and picked up her backpack.

"Well let's go. I'll see you on Monday Mrs. Crawford," Sierra smiled and picked up her bag.

"Have a good weekend," the older woman smiled.

"Thanks," Sierra ushered Olivia out of the room and down the hall. "So are you ready to have a party?"

"Yeah," Olivia answered enthusiastically.

"I told your Dad we would stop at the grocery store and pick up your cake and lots of junk food and soda," Sierra said as they got into the car. They went to the grocery store that was ten minutes away from the school, and went inside. Sierra pushed the cart while Olivia picked out what she wanted to have along with the pizza and later that night as snacks. They checked out and put the food in the trunk, before heading to Justin's house.

"Do you need help?" Justin asked when Olivia and Sierra walked into the kitchen.

"Yes," Sierra answered. "Where is Cora?" She asked just as Cora came into the room.

"Sissy," Cora wrapped her arms around her older sister.

"Cora," Sierra said just as happily, "Did you have fun today?"

"Yeah, Justin took me to see a movie," Cora answered.

"That sounds like fun, come and help us bring everything in from the car." Sierra said and led Cora out to the garage where Justin was already handing Olivia another bag.

"How much did you buy?" Justin asked and shook his head with a laugh.

"Probably more then is needed, but I bought some stuff to make a punch, some snack mixes, and breakfast tomorrow." They got the rest of the groceries out of the trunk and set them on the counter inside. Olivia and Cora ran upstairs leaving Sierra and Justin to put the groceries away.

"Olivia!" Justin yelled, "You need to pick up your room!"

"Dad!" Olivia whined.

"Now."

"Cora you need to help," Sierra said.

"Sissy ..."

"Cora ..." Sierra rolled her eyes at Justin, "God, they could be related." Justin laughed and rubbed her back. "When is everyone showing up?"

"6:30," Justin said and looked at the clock. "We have an hour and a half. Do you think I should order the pizza now?"

"Yeah, that will give them time. Just have them deliver it at seven," Sierra dug out the plastic table cloth from one of the bags, and grabbed the plates and cups. She walked into the dining room and set them down on the serving table. "Will you bring the cake in here, and the chips and cookies?"

She unfolded the plastic table cloth over the wood table, and smoothed it out. Justin held the phone between his ear and shoulder as he brought the cake into the dining room. After Justin ordered the pizza, they finished setting up the dining room and picked up the family room a little bit.

"Do you have a punch bowl?" Sierra asked opening the cabinet doors in Justin's kitchen.

"I think so," Justin said, "I know I have seen one around here." Sierra continued looking and pulled one out a minute later. "Do you need any help?"

"I think I got it, go and see what the girls are doing," Sierra shooed him out of the kitchen. She heard his footsteps on the stairs, and him talking to Cora and Olivia upstairs. She scooped some lime sherbet ice cream into the bowl, and then poured Sprit into as well. Sierra put it in the fridge to keep it cool.

The doorbell rang a few minutes later and Sierra walked down the hall to open it. She pulled the door open just as Olivia came running down the stairs.

"Hello," Sierra smiled and opened the door wider, "Come on in. I'm Sierra."

"I've seen you at school," Olivia's friend said.

"I teach with Mrs. Crawford. What is your name sweetie?" Sierra asked.

"Madison," She answered.

"Well it's nice to meet you," Sierra smiled. The two girls ran off, "You can just set her stuff in here. What is your name?"

"Grace," Her mother answered as she set Madison's sleeping bag and back pack on the floor of the living room.

"It's nice to meet you too, Grace. Justin should be coming down soon, if you want to talk to him. I'm going to be around till they fall asleep, and then come back in the morning to make breakfast." Sierra said. Justin came down stairs with Cora on his heels. He introduced himself to Grace, and they talked for a few minutes. The other two girls showed up within fifteen minutes, and the party began.

Sierra was able to come up with some games for them to play, before the pizza came. Sierra served them their punch, and Justin helped dish out the pizza to the five girls. Justin and Sierra went into the kitchen and left the girls alone, while they ate.

"Thanks for helping again," Justin said.

"Not a problem," Sierra smiled and sat down at the counter with her plate of food and cup. "I love helping whenever it involves kids."

"I know which is why I asked." He said and sat down next to her. They ate their food and chatted quietly. "Hey," Justin stopped her from getting up by putting his hand on her knee.

"Yeah?" She asked.

"My Mom is having a little family party tomorrow night at her house, for mine and Olivia's birthdays, would you like to come?" He asked, "She really wants to meet you, and everyone else who is going to be there. Cora and Cameron are invited as well."

"Sure, I would love to meet your Mom," Sierra gave him a kiss and then got off the stool. She put her plate in the trash and walked into the dining room. "What are you girls giggling about?" Sierra chuckled at them. "Does anyone want anymore pizza or punch?" She got a few requests for punch, but no more pizza. Sierra got them some more punch, and then cleared away the empty plates and pizza boxes. "Could you get a lighter or some matches and there are candles on the table, for the cake."

Justin nodded and watched her stuff the plates into the trash can. She left the pizza boxes on the counter to clear out later, and Justin walked over to a drawer near the sink. After she grabbed the ice cream and a spoon from the drawer, she went back into the dining room with Justin behind her.

Justin put the candles in the cake, and lit them. He led the girls in song before cutting the cake. Sierra dished ice cream for those who wanted it, and handed it out. The rest of the evening went smoothly with Sierra directing a few games, and Justin watching. The girls fell asleep just after twelve and Justin walked Sierra out to her car.

"You're awesome," He said as they stood outside her car.

"I know," Sierra playfully tossed her hair over her shoulder and laughed when he rolled his eyes. "I'm going to bring Cameron with me in the morning and I am going to come over around 7:30 so be up."

"I will," Justin wrapped his arms around her. "Please drive safely and call me when you get to your house."

"Okay," Sierra kissed his cheek. "Have a good night, and I'll see you bright and early. Do you want me to call you before I leave home in the morning?"

"I think I can manage." Justin smiled and kissed her. "Good night."

"Night," Sierra said as she climbed into her car. She pulled the door closed and waved to him as she started the car. Justin grinned and put his hands in his pockets. He watched her back out of the driveway and went back inside.

--

"Good morning and Happy Birthday," Sierra smiled at Justin as she came in from the garage. Justin had left the door open for her that morning. He grumbled and sat down at the kitchen table. Sierra giggled, which made Cameron laugh too as he rested on her hip. "Hold Cameron, so I can start breakfast." Sierra moved the little boy and plopped him onto Justin's lap.

"This is too early, isn't it Cam?" Justin asked the baby boy, who just looked up at him with a grin. Sierra walked over to the fridge and pantry and pulled the things out she bought to make breakfast.

"Has anyone stirred?" Sierra asked him as she found a mug and filled it with coffee for herself.

"They still looked dead when I went in there this morning." He answered and moved Cameron so he was sitting on the edge of the table. "And how are you little one?" Justin made faces at him and chuckled at the faces Cameron made back. "Oh I think I love you," He picked him up and planted a big kiss on the babies cheek, and Cameron squealed. Sierra smiled at the two boys from where she stood at the counter.

The girls all got up within the next hour and Sierra served them breakfast. After they ate, Sierra had them get dressed and roll up their sleeping bags and pack their overnight bags. They watched cartoons until their parents picked them up. Justin helped Sierra pick up the living room and dining room, while the two girls entertained Cameron.

"I need to get these two home so they can take a nap," Sierra said after they had eaten a quick lunch. She walked into the living room and picked up some of Cameron's toys that were spread out. She put them in his bag and picked Cameron up. "Go find your shoes Cora." She said to the little girl who was watching TV. Cora got up and walked out of the room.

"How about I meet you at your house at five, and we can ride over together." Justin suggested.

"Sure." Sierra nodded. "Are you ready Cora?"

"Yeah," She answered. Justin had put Cora's stuff in Sierra's car earlier.

"See you later."

"Thanks for helping again and for coming," Justin said. He gave Sierra a quick kiss.
Chapter 5 by Christine
"Grandma," Olivia yelled. They had just arrived at Justin's Mom's house for the little party later that evening. Justin's Mom walked out of the kitchen with a smile on her face.

"Hey sweet pea," she said bending over and giving her granddaughter a kiss. "I think there are some popsicles in the freezer if you and Cora," she winked at the other little girl, "want to go and get one."

"Come on," Olivia grabbed Cora's hand and the two ran off into the kitchen.

"Happy birthday Justin," She kissed his cheek and hugged him.

"How are you Mom?" He asked as she pulled away.

"I'm doing good. Now please introduce me even though, I already know who is who." She said and wrapped her arm around Justin's.

"This is Sierra and this little monster is Cameron," Justin introduced as he reached and grabbed Cameron out of Sierra's arms.

"It's nice to meet you Sierra," she said and gave the younger woman a hug.

"It's nice to meet you to Mrs. Harless," Sierra said.

"Call me Lynn," she said, "come, come. Let's go into the kitchen. I have some stuff to finish in there before everyone else gets here. I heard so much from Justin and Olivia about you."

"I hope it's all good," Sierra followed her into the kitchen. Justin walked behind her with Cameron still in his arms. She saw Cora and Olivia outside talking to an older man, who she assumed was Justin's Dad.

"Paul, come inside and meet Sierra," Lynn stuck her head out the back door. He waved her off and turned back to the girls. "I swear he has no manners sometimes."

"Dad does too," Justin defended and sat down at the kitchen table. He turned Cameron around on his lap. Sierra set Cameron's diaper bag on the table and sat down too.

"So how did the party go last night?" Lynn asked.

"It went great," Justin said. He bounced Cameron on his knee when he started to fuss.

"Do you want me to take him?" Sierra asked.

"He's fine," Justin said. "Sierra was great help, and everyone seemed to have fun."

"Well that's good."

"Oh before I forget can I put this in the fridge?" Sierra asked as she pulled out a jar of baby food from the bag on the table.

"Whatever you need," Lynn said.

"Is Brianna coming?" Olivia asked. She came into the kitchen with Cora on her heels and Justin's Dad behind them. Sierra pulled open the refrigerator door open, and put the jar on the top shelf.

"Yes she is."

"Do you need any help?" Sierra asked.

"I got it. Sierra this is Paul. Paul, Sierra." Lynn introduced.

"It's nice to meet you," Sierra smiled. She took Cameron from Justin when he headed out of the kitchen to open the door. Justin introduced her to Joey, Kelly, and Brianna. Sierra hit it off with them, especially Kelly. A few other friends of his showed up within minutes of each other.

"So what do you do?" Kelly asked Sierra as she sat down on the couch.

"I am working on my teaching certificate right now. I am teaching at Martin Elementary right now, to finish up the last class I need to graduate." Sierra answered and shifted Cameron on her lap. Justin put his arm around her shoulder and moved closer to her. "I love working with the kids there."

They talked through dinner, and then the guys disappeared into the other room. Justin took Cameron with him and left Sierra to fend for herself.

"He seems to have taken to Cameron," Lynn commented.

"Oh I know," Sierra smiled and fussed with her glass of soda that was sitting on the table. "The same with Cora, it is amazing to see it, and I think I've fallen for Olivia too. She is a sweetheart. He has done a great job, which must be a reflection of how he was raised."

"No need to say stuff like that, I already like you," Lynn smiled and stood up. "Who wants coffee?" She patted Sierra on the back as she walked to the counter.

"I'll have a cup," Sierra responded.

"Kelly?"

"Sure. So how did you two meet anyway?" Kelly asked.

"I was shopping with Cora and Cameron, and he was in the little girls department with Olivia." Sierra answered, "Nothing to special, he invited us to McDonald's for lunch. And a few days later he called and we had our first date." Sierra shrugged.

"So when was this?"

"In November," Sierra answered, "So we have been dating for two months. Any other questions?"

"I'm sure I could come up with a few," Lynn said as she poured coffee into three mugs. "So Justin said that your Mom passed away?"

"Yeah," Sierra nodded and told them about her mother. She hadn't felt this comfortable around anyone new in a really long time. Justin came into the room and handed Cameron off to Sierra.

"He's messy," Justin said making a face.

"Thanks for passing him off," Sierra smiled.

"You have his stuff," He kissed her cheek and walked out of the room. Sierra shook her head and stood up. She found what she needed in his bag and asked Lynn where she could change his diaper. Sierra changed his diaper and held onto him while she talked. Cameron was sound asleep when they left a few hours later.

"Let me get Olivia in my car, and then I'll take Cora up for you." Justin said quietly. They were standing outside of Sierra's house, at her car. Sierra unlatched the buckles on Cameron's car seat, and moved them above his head. She lifted him out of the car seat and grabbed the diaper bag.

"Thanks," Sierra said and walked up to the porch. She managed to unlock the front door and turn the lights on, before heading upstairs to put Cameron down.

"Sierra?" She heard Justin come up the steps.

"Cora's room is right down here," Sierra said to him once he hit the landing. "Thanks for bringing her up."

"Not a problem," Justin followed her down the hall and into Cora's room. He laid Cora down on the bed, and Sierra pulled her shoes off. They walked out of the room and back downstairs. "Did you have a good time tonight?"

"It was great. Your Mom and Dad are really nice," she said, "Thank you for inviting me, and I hope you had a good birthday."

"I did," Justin nodded. "And thank you for coming." He said as they stepped onto the front porch. "Sleep well."

"I will," Sierra nodded. "It's been a long day. Good night." She rose up on her toes to give him a kiss.

"Good night," He smiled and kissed her again. "I'll call you tomorrow."

"Okay," She nodded and watched Justin go down the stairs and out to his car. Sierra went inside and back upstairs to put Cora in her pajamas for the night.
Chapter 6 by Christine
March 2012

"Do you want me to take him?" Justin asked looking up from the table where he was coloring with the two girls. Sierra was trying to cook dinner and Cameron had decided that he didn't want her to do that.

"I've got him," Sierra bounced the baby on her hip a little.

"Are you sure?" He stood up from the table. Sierra looked at Cam and then as the stove, before she walked over to Justin and handing him over.

"Thanks."

"Not a problem," Justin looked at Cameron, "let's get out of your mother's hair for awhile." He took Cameron outside and stood on the back patio. Sierra was happy that both Justin and Olivia were comfortable in her home.

"Hey girls pick up the crayons and paper so I can set the table," Sierra said.

"Sissy-"

"Cora, it's time to eat dinner." Sierra said and put her hands on her hips. She stared at the child. Olivia had already started to put the crayons away when Cora gave up and picked up their drawings.

Justin came in and put Cameron in his highchair before grabbing the plates Sierra had set down on the counter. He put them on the table before pulling out glasses from another cabinet.

They sat down to dinner together, and afterwards moved into the living room to watch a movie. Justin sat on the couch next to Sierra, and kept Cameron occupied throughout most of it. Sierra watched the two of them interact more then she watched the movie.

She was getting used to him being around a lot, and so were Cora and even Cameron. Sierra was starting to notice that that they were looking up to him, and Olivia was doing the same with her. Her attention turned to the girls, when they laughed at a scene in the movie.

"Can I stay over tonight?" Olivia asked as soon as the credits started to role.

"Olivia," Justin scolded her since she knew better then to invite herself over.

"That's fine," Sierra looked over at Justin. "It's a Friday night. I don't see why not." She shrugged and stood up. "I don't mind. I've got a T-shirt she can sleep in, and you can just come and get her in the morning." Sierra reached down and picked Cameron up out of his arms.

"This little guy needs to sleep and you girls need to run upstairs and get ready for bed. I'll get you a shirt to sleep in Olivia. And you wait right there Justin." Sierra smiled and walked up the stairs after the girls.

Sierra put Cameron down in his crib and went into her room to get a shirt for Olivia to wear. She could hear the two girls giggling in the next room over.

"All right girls get in your PJ's and go say goodnight to Olivia's Dad," Sierra said as she handed Olivia the t-shirt.

"Can we sleep in the guestroom?" Cora asked.

"Sure," Sierra smiled. "Now get ready for bed." She walked out of Cora's room and down the stairs. Justin was still sitting on the couch with his head resting on the back and his eyes closed. "Tired?"

"Yes," He answered keeping his eyes close, "thanks for letting her stay over."

"Do you want to stay too?" Sierra asked almost shyly. He looked up at her. "Not to- but to just-" Justin's hands reached up and pulled her down onto his lap. He kissed her cheek.

"Sure," He responded with a grin. Sierra moved off of his lap when the girls came down the stairs. "Ready for bed?"

"Yes."

"Give me a hug," Justin said to Olivia. She climbed up onto his lap and wrapped her arms around him. He kissed her forehead. "All right off to bed. I love you."

"I love you too, Daddy." Olivia smiled.

"Night Justin." Cora said and gave him a hug.

"Night Cora," he kissed her forehead too.

"I'll be right back," Sierra said to Justin and ushered the two girls upstairs. He could hear lots of giggling and Sierra tucking them in for the night. Sierra came back down and sat next to Justin. He put his arm around her shoulder and she moved closer to him.

"This is nice," he stated quietly. Sierra nodded against his shoulder. "I don't want it to change."

"Me neither," Sierra answered. "The kids are tucked into bed, and the parents get some time to themselves."

"Yeah, ya wanna make out?" He wiggled his eyebrows up and down as he said this. Sierra took the opportunity to pinch his side. "Ow," he said and looked at her. Sierra shook her head with a smile, before resting it on his shoulder. He kissed the top of her head, and reached for the remote to find something to watch on TV.

"Are you going to fall asleep on me?" He asked noticing that her eyes were closed.

"I might. I had a crazy day, you know? Chasing 20 kids all day is hard work." She said keeping her eyes closed.

"But you enjoy it right?"

"Always."

"Then it doesn't matter," he kissed her head again. "You should just go to bed."

"It's only nine though." She protested.

"But you're tired. Come on, I'll go with you." He nudged her off the couch and Sierra stood up and stretched. Justin followed her up the steps. Sierra opened the first door at the top of the steps. "It's so small."

"I've lived in this room almost my entire life. I didn't have the heart to move into my mother's room after she died." Sierra answered. "Her room is the guestroom now. Umm … the bathroom is right next door if you have to go." Sierra pulled out her pajamas. "I'm going to change. Make yourself comfortable." She disappeared out of the room and Justin sat down on the bed. He took his shoes off and set them down at the end of the bed.

Sierra came back into the room and threw her dirty clothes on the desk chair. Justin was still sitting on the end of the bed in his clothes. "Are you going to be comfortable sleeping in that?"

"I don't want you to be uncomfortable," he said and watched her pull back the covers on the bed.

"If I was going to be uncomfortable I wouldn't have invited you to stay," Sierra set the extra pillows on the floor and climbed under the sheets. "Are you?"

"No," Justin stood up and pulled his t-shirt off. Sierra watched him with a small grin, before pulling the covers up over herself and lying down. Justin watched her snuggle under the covers and unbuttoned his shorts. He pulled them off, folded them, and set them down next to his shoes. He crawled under the covers and cuddled up next to her.

"Comfy?" Sierra sighed and reached up to turn the lamp off. She rolled over onto her back, and looked over at him.

"Very," he answered. "Sierra?"

"Hmmm…" she looked at him with love in her eyes. His hand rubbed over her t-shirt covered stomach.

"I love you," Justin whispered.

"I love you too, Justin." Sierra smiled and rolled on her side to face him. Justin's hand fell around her waist and rubbed her back. She kissed his lips and moved her hand so it rested on his hip. She pressed up against him as she deepened contact against his lips. Justin wrapped his arm around her tighter and rolled over onto his back so she lay on top of him.

"Is this okay?" He asked quietly and rubbed his hands up and down her back. Sierra nodded and moved to kiss his neck. Justin pulled back a little and she pulled away with a questioning look in her eyes.

"What?" Sierra asked with a whine in her voice. "I said it was fine." She kissed his cheek and then his lips. "Justin." Sierra pouted against his lips.

"I just don't want to get too carried away," he smiled.

"Just kissing, you know I don't want to do anything more." She looked at him and met his soft lips with hers once again. Justin kept his arms around her, as Sierra reached one hand up to play with the curls on his head.

--

"Ms. Stevens," Mrs. Duvall said when she stepped into the cafeteria that following Monday. Sierra was on cafeteria duty that day during her classes lunch time. She turned around and smiled at the older woman.

"Hello Mrs. Duvall," Sierra grinned. "What do you need?" She kept one eye on the six and seven year olds sitting at the tables and the other on the woman standing next to her.

"Are you able to stay late after school is out? I would like to discuss something with you." She said.

"Yeah," Sierra responded confused, "Is everything okay?"

"Of course it is," Mrs. Duvall said, "Just come to my office around 3:30."

"I will," Sierra nodded.

"Can I go to the bathroom?" Christina, one of the girls in her class asked her.

"Yeah," Sierra answered looking down at the little girl. She watched her walk out the cafeteria doors.

"I'll see you later," Mrs. Duvall waved and walked towards another teacher who was on cafeteria duty with Sierra. Sierra moved her gaze back onto the students and her mind wandered to what the meeting was going to be about.

The rest of the day moved by slowly, and Sierra was anxious to get to the meeting by time the bells rang that afternoon. Olivia came into the room, and Sierra explained that they couldn't leave right away since she had to meet with Mrs. Duvall. Sierra had begun driving Olivia home from school for Justin a few weeks before.

She headed down to the principal's office with a few minutes to spare, and walked in to see Mrs. Duvall sitting on one side of the desk and Mrs. Crawford on the other. Sierra chose the empty seat next to Mrs. Crawford.

"What's going on?" Sierra asked cautiously.

"Why are you so nervous sweetie?" Mrs. Duvall asked. Sierra shrugged. "It's nothing bad, I promise." She smiled and looked to Mrs. Crawford. Sierra's gaze followed the other woman's.

"Sierra," Trish Crawford started.

"Yes?" Sierra asked.

"As you know, I am retiring at the end of the year … and before we start to look at hiring someone to fill the position, I wanted to ask you first. I would love for you to be my replacement at the end of the year." Trish explained.

"Seriously?" Sierra visibly relaxed and got excited.

"Yes. I know the semester started a little rough for you, with the way I am. But, I feel that you are fully qualified for my position, and will be even more so once you get your degree." Trish said with a smile.

"So, Mrs. Stevens, what do you say?" Lily said from behind her desk.

"I could not possibly turn this job down. It - wow … thank you so much." Sierra grinned, "I would be honored to work here."

"Well then, you are more then hired." Lily smiled at the young woman. She knew that Sierra would fit right in next year, because she already did. "Let's go over your contract for next year then. Do you have time to do that?"

"Of course," Sierra smiled and moved to sit on the edge of her seat, "Trish do you think you could tell Olivia that I am going to be running a little behind."

"Sure sweetie," Trish stood up from the seat next to her and patted Sierra on the shoulder. She left the office leaving Sierra alone with the principal to discuss the contract and her salary, and everything else that she needed to know. Sierra was in the office for another hour, before she signed on the dotted line. She thanked Lily again, before leaving the office with a big grin on her face.

Olivia was sitting at one of the desks working on her homework when Sierra walked into the room.

"Guess what?" Sierra asked Olivia. They were the only two in the room since Mrs. Crawford had left for the day.

"What?" Olivia asked sensing Sierra's excitement. She stood up from the desk and looked at Sierra.

"I got a job here. I'm going to be teaching here full time next year," Sierra grinned when Olivia wrapped her arms around the older woman.

"That's so cool. Maybe you can be my teacher," Olivia said with a hopeful look on her face.

"Well I don't know about that." Sierra said happily, "let's get home. I wanna tell Aunt Carrah and your Dad." Sierra quickly packed her bag and the two of them left to get to Sierra's house.
End Notes:
Hey all, thanks for reading! I'd love some feedback.
Chapter 7 by Christine
Author's Notes:
FYI: I wrote this story four or five years ago. I honestly don't remember. So it's finished, hence why I am able to update so often. Heh. Thanks for reading!!!
"Aunt Carrah!" Sierra yelled when she and Olivia walked into the house. She threw her stuff down on the kitchen table and walked into the living room. Carrah was sitting on the couch with Cora next to her and Cameron in her lap. "Guess what?"

"What?" Carrah asked and stood up. Sierra reached for Cameron and pulled him into her arms when he reached out for her. She kissed the little boy and giggled when he did.

"Mrs. Crawford wants me to take over for her when she retires this year. Aunt Carrah I got a job, I've signed the contract and everything. Isn't that exciting?" Sierra bounced up and down a little eliciting a squeal from Cameron who could sense her excitement.

"That's wonderful news, Sierra." Carrah wrapped her arms around Sierra and gave her a hug. "You deserve it so much."

"Thank you," Sierra gushed, "I couldn't believe it. I was scared out of my mind when Lily said she wanted to talk to me, and then when I saw Trish in the office, I just about freaked out. But - I just … it's so freakin' exciting."

"What's so freakin' exciting?" Justin asked walking into the house. He really had made himself home at her home. Olivia launched herself into his arms and Justin kissed the girl. "You are getting too big for this Miss Olivia." He smiled and put her back down on the ground.

"They hired me Justin, Lily and Trish." Sierra smiled again, "I'm going to be a teacher at Olivia's school."

"That's great news, sweetie." Justin approached her and wrapped his arms around her before kissing her. "You are going to be an amazing teacher. And I told you, you could replace that old Mrs. Crawford any day." He put his hands on her cheeks and pecked her lips again.

"Justin!" Sierra scolded playfully and giggled again. "I am so excited. This is one of the best days of my life … I can't believe it."

"Sierra might be my teacher," Olivia boasted proudly.

"We will have to see about that. I don't think the school will let me, but that would be cool if I could," Sierra smiled at Olivia.

"It sure would." Justin said and put his hands on Olivia's shoulders since she was standing in front of him. "So I think this calls for a celebration. Where should we go eat?"

"You guys pick, I want to change clothes first." Sierra said and disappeared up the stairs with Cameron in her arms. She set Cameron down on her bed and looked through her dresser for jeans and a t-shirt. "Mommy got a job Cameron that means good stuff for you, me, and Auntie Cora." Sierra said to the baby as she changed her clothes. She watched Cameron crawl across the bed, and reach for the stuffed dog that rested between the two pillows.

"Mama …" Cameron giggled and tugged on the foot of the stuffed animal. Sierra sat down on the bed and pulled her so he rested on her lap.

"You amaze me," Sierra gushed and wrinkled her nose, "and you're messy." Cameron screeched when she placed kisses all over his face as they stood up. Sierra slipped her feet into her flip-flops, and walked out of her room to his.

--

April 2012

"Hey baby," Justin said as he pulled his front door open. Justin took Sierra's hand as she stepped inside and kissed her cheek.

"Where's Olivia?" Sierra asked and looked around the living room. She noticed that he had the lights down low and music playing. "Are you trying to seduce me, Mr. Timberlake?" She raised an eyebrow.

"Maybe so," he said with a grin. "Go sit down, and I'll get our drinks. What would you like to drink?"

"What do you have?" she asked. Justin rattled off what he had and Sierra made a decision. He disappeared into the kitchen and Sierra made herself comfortable on the floor. Justin had pushed the sofa back, and put a bunch of pillows on the floor for them to sit on.

"Shit …" She heard from the kitchen when a glass shattered.

"Do you need some help?" Sierra asked him.

"No," Justin answered, "just stay in there." He said knowing that she was probably halfway to the kitchen by then.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah," he said. "I want you to relax tonight." Justin walked back into the living room and handed Sierra her glass, and sat down next to her. He put his own glass on the coffee table and put his arm around her shoulders.

"For my birthday?" She asked and put her hand on his thigh.

"Of course," Justin kissed her forehead, "and for me. We always take the kiddies with us, so it's been awhile since just the two of us have had time together. So Happy Birthday Sierra."

"Thank you," Sierra said and kissed him. "So what's for dinner?"

"You'll see. I'm going to go finish up in the kitchen so stay in here." Justin stood up and straightened out his pants.

"Are you sure you don't need any help?" Sierra asked once again.

"I can get it," he said and walked back into the kitchen. Justin came back into the living room ten minutes later with two plates and set one down in front of Sierra. He put his plate down and sat down next to her.

"This looks good," Sierra said observing the plate of food in front of her. She picked up the knife and fork that were sitting on the table and cut into the meat on her plate. "Ooo … it is." She stated after putting a bite in her mouth. They ate and chatted throughout the meal.

"So …" Justin said as he set their desert down on the table. He sat back down next to her. "I'm going to go back into the studio in a month."

"Really?" Sierra asked. "That's great. I bet you're ready."

"Uh-huh. It's been too long," Justin nodded and put the fork through the piece of pie that was in front of him.

"Did you make this too?" Sierra asked.

"No," he shook his head, "you aren't that special." Justin winked and held the fork in front of her mouth. Sierra took the bite that he offered.

"So when did your last CD come out?" She asked after she finished chewing.

"A couple of years ago," Justin answered. "So I am going to be traveling a lot between here, LA, New York, and Tennessee the next few months, to get the CD out at the beginning of next year."

"That'll be fun," Sierra said, "for you. What about Olivia?"

"Well I was going to ask you … my Mom can watch her during the summer, but I was thinking, if I'm still recording once school starts, could she maybe stay with you? It'd be easier on my Mom, since you'd both be going to the same place anyway." Justin said.

"That'd be fine." Sierra smiled, "I'd love to have her stay and Cora would be thrilled as well."

"Great," Justin said. They finished their desert with Justin stealing kisses from her in between bites.

"Justin?" Sierra asked and played with the collar on his shirt. She turned her body so she was pressed up against his side.

"Hmmm," he turned his head to face her.

"I want to be with you," she moved her head to kiss his neck and moved up to kiss his ear, then cheek and she ended with her mouth on his.

"Are you sure?" He asked quietly. Sierra nodded and licked her lips. Justin brought his hand up behind her head and ran his fingers through her hair. Sierra touched her lips to his and moved so she was straddling his waist. "We'll take it slow."

He moved his hands down her back and rubbed up and down. Sierra moved her lips down his chin and onto his neck. Justin stopped moving his hands and scooted back across the floor so he could lean against the couch. She followed him the few short feet, and Justin returned his hands to her back. They stayed on the floor for several minutes exploring each other before Justin suggested they move to the bedroom.

--

Sierra turned over and hugged the pillow to her bare chest. The bed shifted next to her and she felt Justin against her. His arm wrapped around her, and he grabbed for her hand. He sat up a little to kiss for forehead and then cuddled back up next to her.
"Are you awake?" He asked quietly.

"Mmm … yeah," Sierra answered and rolled onto her back, letting go of the pillow as she did. Justin moved his hand from hers to place it on her stomach. He brushed his thumb under her breast.

"So you wanna?" He rolled on top of her and Sierra giggled as his lips met hers. Justin leaned on one arm and moved his free hand down the side of her body over her hip and to the back of her thigh. Sierra put her hands on his chest and moved them over his shoulders and down his back.

"I love you," Sierra said against his neck.

--

"Where are you going?" Justin moaned as Sierra rolled out of bed. His armed fell across the bed as her body slipped out from under it.

"I'm going to make breakfast," Sierra answered. She pulled her panties on and found the button down shirt Justin had been wearing the night before.

"It's too early," Justin whined and reached his hand out for hers. Sierra took his hand and leaned over the bed to kiss him.

"It's 9:30," Sierra said against his lips and pulled away after he gave her another kiss. "What time do you need to be at your Mom's to pick up Olivia?"

"Just whenever," Justin rolled over onto his back and let go of her hand.

"Come to the kitchen whenever you're up," Sierra smiled at him and walked out of the bedroom. She went to the kitchen and opened his pantry door to see what he had. Sierra found some stuff to make pancakes and a couple of oranges in the fridge.

Justin walked up behind her and grabbed her butt when she was standing at the stove. Sierra jumped, turned around and smacked his arm.

"Do you want me to burn myself?" She asked.

"No," Justin shook his head and wrapped his arms around her. "Did you have to leave me this morning?" He buried his head in her neck and kissed the skin there.

"Yes," Sierra answered and set the spoon that was in her hand down. She put her arms around him. "You want to eat don't you?"

"Not more then I want to be with you." He pulled back a little bit and looked down at her with a grin on his face. Sierra rolled her eyes and stood taller to give him a kiss.
Chapter 8 by Christine
May 2012 

"What do you want for graduation?" Justin asked Sierra. They stood in the living room while the girls played with Cameron.

 

"Nothing," Sierra answered.

 

"There must be something you want."

 

"Yeah Sissy," Olivia stood up and put her hands on her hips. Somewhere along the way she had picked up calling her that. Too much time with Cora is what Sierra assumed.

 

"Yeah," Cora jumped up too and stood in the same stance as Olivia was. Justin chuckled at the girl's behavior.

 

"I don't want anything you guys," Sierra bent down and picked Cameron up from the floor. "Nor do I need anything."

 

"Do you girls want to go shopping?" Justin asked Olivia and Cora. He completely ignored Sierra's previous statements.

 

"Yes," Cora answered and bounced up and down on her feet. "Can we go now?"

 

"Sure," Justin smiled, "go put your shoes on." Cora ran up the stairs.

 

"Justin," Sierra sighed.

 

"Sierra," Justin mocked her tone, "don't fight it. Cameron is going to come too; he needs to pick out something for his Mommy."

 

"You don't have to take him," Sierra said.

 

"Yes I do," Justin insisted and pulled Cameron from her arms. Sierra willingly let him go. "You take a nice bath or something and enjoy some alone time."

 

"Are you sure?" She asked.

 

"Of course I am," Justin responded. "So can I take your car, so I don't have to fight with car seats?"

 

"Yeah, let me go pack a bag for him. My keys are in my purse." Sierra headed up the stairs.

 

"Let's go find those keys," Justin walked into the kitchen where he knew Sierra kept her purse. Justin opened the bag and pulled her keys out, which he handed to Cameron when the boy reached for them.

 

"There's a change of clothes in here, and some diapers," Sierra said walking into the kitchen with the bag open, "let me put some juice and some crackers in here for him. The stroller should be in the trunk." Sierra put the bottle in a small cooler to keep it cool and put it in the bag. She walked over to the pantry.

 

"Okay," Justin nodded and took the bag from her when she handed it to him a minute later. He put it over his shoulder. "I'll call if I need anything."

 

"Okay. Cameron you behave for Justin." Sierra rubbed the top of his head and Cameron smiled at his Mom as she placed a kiss on his cheek.

 

"I'm ready," Cora yelled as she ran down the stairs.

 

"Please behave for Justin and I'll see you later," Sierra said putting her hand underneath Cora's chin. "I love you," she kissed Cora's chin."

 

"Bye," Cora said. Sierra said 'bye' to Justin and Olivia. She watched from the porch as Justin, got the kids into the car, and waved as he got into the front seat. Sierra went inside for some quiet time.

 

--

 

"Olivia, get Cameron out of his car seat for me," Justin said as he pulled the stroller out of the trunk. He started to pull on the stroller to get it apart.

 

"You do it like this," Cora walked over and pressed the button on the back of the stroller. Olivia walked around to the back of the car with Cameron in her arms.

 

"Thanks," Justin looked down at Cora sheepishly. She smiled and helped Olivia put Cameron in his stroller. Justin put the bag in the bottom of the stroller and made sure the car doors were locked.

 

"So what should we get Sierra?" Justin asked as they walked towards the building.

 

"Mmm … a bracelet," Cora answered after thinking about it for a second.

 

"Like mine Dad," Olivia said, "the one with the … the charms." She looked up at him as he held the door open for them to go inside. Justin wrestled with the door and the stroller for a minute before someone grabbed the door for him.

 

"Thanks," he said, "Olivia get that door." They got inside the mall. "That's a great idea girls. Let's go check out a jewelry store then." He led them in one direction. "Stay close." Justin reached up and pulled the baseball cap on his head down, as a familiar wave of paranoia set in.

 

"Can we go look at the books?" Olivia asked as they walked past a bookstore.

 

"We'll go after we get Sierra her gift," Justin said and turned the stroller into the jewelry store. Olivia and Cora followed. "Do you have any charm bracelets?" He asked the sales assistant who wasn't busy.

 

"Yes sir, right over here." Justin was shown the case that housed the charms and the bracelets. "Is there anything specific you were looking for?"

 

"Well we need the bracelet part … my girlfriend is graduating from college, so maybe something that has to do with that. Hey girls, come over here to pick out some charms." He turned around and looked at the girls who were looking in another case.

 

"How many?" Cora asked walking over to him and looking in the case, which was just at her height.

 

"Three each … and I'll pick out some to be from Cameron." Justin answered.

 

"What about from you?" Olivia asked.

 

"I'm going to get her something else." He said. "Pick out from the silver ones. Can I see what you have for chains?" Justin took the hat off his head and hung it on one of the stroller's handles.

 

"Of course," the man smiled recognizing Justin. He bent over and unlocked the case before pulling out a tray with the choices. Justin picked out a bracelet that had hearts as the links to put the charms on. After deciding which size would fit her best, he turned to the girls and helped them finalize their decisions.

 

Justin picked out a graduation hat, an 'I love mom' charm, and a heart that he was going to have engraved for the bracelet. He paid for the charms and the bracelet and left it with the jeweler to put it together.

 

"Do you girls want to go look at the bookstore?" Justin asked. The girls answered and they headed in that direction. They spent the next hour at the back of the store, because Cora wanted him to read her some books. Olivia found some books that she wanted, and since Justin couldn't say no to her, he bought books for both Cora and Olivia (to be fair). And even a couple for Cameron, that Cora insisted he didn't have.

 

They went back to the jewelry store and picked up the bracelet. The salesman showed them the bracelet.

 

"What do you think girls?" Justin asked Cora and Olivia.

 

"It's pretty," Cora nodded, "Sissy is gonna love it!"

 

"Yeah she is," Olivia agreed. Justin closed the box and the man behind the counter put it in a bag for him. Justin thanked the man, and they headed out of the store. Cameron was asleep in the stroller as they walked around the mall.

 

Justin was planning on giving her a nice day trip somewhere, where she could relax, and not have to worry about the kids. And Sierra's aunt had a big dinner planned for after the graduation.

 

--

 

Sierra looked for her Aunt, Justin and everyone else who was in the crowd watching her graduate. The ceremony had just ended, and there was a mass of people outside of the arena that the graduation was held at. She told them that she would meet them at the flagpoles, and they weren't anywhere to be seen.

 

"Sierra!" She heard Justin's voice over the crowd and turned. She saw him waving and waited for him to get through the crowd without losing the small group of people who were behind him.

 

"Congratulations!" He wrapped his arms around her and lifted her up in the air. Sierra kissed his lips.

 

"Thank you," she smiled at him as he put her down. She hugged her Aunt, Cora, and Olivia, before pulling Cameron from Carrah's arms. "Hey Lynn, Paul. You guys didn't have to come." Sierra gave them half of a hug, since Cameron was in one arm. "But thank you that means a lot."

 

"You're welcome sweetie." Lynn smiled.

 

"So let's see it," Justin wrapped an arm around her waist and smiled at the camera when Carrah had it up to her face.

 

"See what?" Sierra asked and held up the roll of paper in her hand. "This?" She asked.

 

"Yeah," Justin nodded.

 

"It's blank; I have to pick up my diploma at school Monday morning."

 

"Well that's just stupid," he responded.

 

"You can come and see it on Monday," Sierra said.

 

"Hey Sierra! We'll see you tonight right?" A friend of hers yelled as she walked towards Sierra.

 

"Only if you're going to come to my house," Sierra answered and gave her friend a hug.

 

"I'll see you later then."

 

"Who was that?" Justin asked as the girl walked away from them.

 

"One of my friends," Sierra smiled.

 

"How come I never met her then?"

 

"I haven't met any of your friends have I?" Sierra asked.

 

"Let's get some pictures," Aunt Carrah interrupted them. "Cora and Olivia go stand over there next to them, and then I'll take one of just the two of them." Carrah took several pictures, and then Lynn took over the camera so she could be in some of the pictures.

 

"Well let's get on home," Carrah said, "I have some things to do before everyone comes over."

 

"Are you going to come?" Sierra asked Lynn and Paul.

 

"Do you want us too?" Lynn asked.

 

"Of course I do," she answered with a smile. "Just come on over now." The group headed in the direction of the cars, and went to Sierra's house.

 

--

 

"Why don't you open your gifts now?" Justin asked, "Before it gets crazy."

 

"Okay," Sierra sat down on the couch next to him. "Are you going to help me Cameron?" She asked when the little boy pulled himself up off the floor to stand at the couch. He put his hands on cushion and leaned against it. The gifts Sierra had got were sitting on the ottoman waiting to be opened. Olivia and Cora made themselves comfortable on the ottoman since there was still space.

 

"Mom! Aunt Carrah!" Justin yelled, "Sierra is going to open her gifts now!"

 

"We'll be right there," Carrah yelled back. She and Justin's Mom came into the room and sat down in the free chairs. Cora handed Sierra the first gift, and she opened the package. It was a picture of her and Justin from his birthday at Lynn's house.

 

"Thank you," Sierra set the frame down on the end table and reached for the next gift that Olivia handed her. It was a jewelry box, from her aunt.

 

"That was mine and your Mom's when we were little girls," her aunt explained.

 

"It's beautiful," Sierra smiled and set it down next to the picture frame.

 

"Give her ya'll's gift," Justin said to the girls.

 

"No ours is last," Olivia said and reached for the envelope next to the box. She handed it to Sierra despite her father's protest.

 

"Don't be such a poopy head," Sierra patted his knee and opened the envelope. "What is this?"

 

"A day pass to a spa and I'll watch the kids, or go with you," Justin suggested.

 

"You can watch the kids," Sierra grinned and leaned over to kiss him, "thank you very much."

 

"Here's ours," Cora said and jumped off the ottoman. She handed the wrapped box to Sierra. "It's from me, Olivia, and Cameron." Cora explained and stood in front of Sierra; she picked Cameron up and set him on the couch so he wasn't in her way.

 

"It is beautiful," Sierra gushed as she pulled the bracelet out of the box. "Did you guys pick out the charms yourself?"

 

"Yeah," Cora nodded and pointed out the ones she picked out.

 

"Which ones did you pick, Olivia?" Sierra asked the other girl. Olivia showed her the three she picked out. "This is great girls." She put the bracelet on her wrist and then wrapped her arms around Cora. "I love you." She kissed Cora's cheek and then pulled away to give Olivia a hug and kiss, "And I love you too."

 

"I love you too, Sissy." Olivia smiled and wrapped her arms around Sierra's neck again. Sierra patted Olivia's back and looked over at Justin. He had a smile on his face, like he always did, when Sierra and Olivia interacted like that.

 

"And I suppose I should thank you for picking out the ones from Cameron," Sierra said as she pulled away from Olivia. She turned on the couch and wrapped her arms around Justin. "Thank you."

 

"You're welcome." Justin smiled and kissed her. The doorbell rang and Sierra got up to answer it. She hugged her aunt and uncle, and thanked them for the card they brought her, before introducing her to Justin and his family.

 

Carrah went into the kitchen with Sierra's other aunt, leaving everyone else to sit and chat. Lynn disappeared a few minutes later, into the kitchen as well. It was over an hour before the party got into full swing.

 

Sierra was walking around, and talking to everybody, as she searched for Justin. She saw him standing in the corner talking with some of her friends, and headed over there.

 

"Hello," Sierra said as she wrapped an arm around Justin's waist.

 

"Hey," Justin kissed her head and turned his attention back to her friends. Sierra joined in the conversation when they asked her questions, or just to add comments. She excused herself from the group when she heard her aunt call for her over the noise. She found her aunt and a screaming Cameron in the kitchen.

 

"What happened?" Sierra asked and pulled the little boy from Carrah's arms. "Shh … Mommy's here." Sierra bounced him on her hip lightly, "What happened baby?"

 

"Momma!" He screamed. Sierra grimaced when she saw the blood coming from his lip.

 

"He fell on the patio," Carrah answered and handed Sierra a wet rag. Sierra held it to Cameron's lip, and sat down at the kitchen table. She wiped off his face and then pulled down his lip to check his mouth.

 

"You're okay, Cam," Sierra said putting the rag back up against his lip. "You just scared yourself." She wiped his cheeks. Cameron hiccupped through his tears and rested his cheek on her shoulder. "And you've had a long day." Sierra held onto him until his breathing deepened, and he fell asleep.

 

Sierra came back downstairs after putting Cameron down in his crib for the night. She stuck the monitor in her pocket, so she could hear it if he woke up. Justin stood at the bottom of the steps and smiled at her.

 

"Hey, is he okay?" Justin asked with concern.

 

"Yeah," Sierra nodded, "he just scared himself and got a bloody lip." She wrapped her arms around him when she got to the bottom of the steps.

 

"And what about you? Are you okay?"

 

"Me, I'm fine. I just don't like to see and hear him screaming like that," Sierra pulled away from his body. "And I need a drink." She grabbed his hand and pulled him in the direction of the kitchen.

Chapter 9 by Christine
June 2012 

Sierra picked Cameron up from the floor. He had fallen asleep curled up, with his legs tucked under himself. Cameron snuggled up next to her and sighed. "You had a big day," Sierra said to him as she headed up the stairs. She took him into his room, and laid him on the changing table.

 

Sierra put a clean diaper on him, and changed him into his pajamas. He stayed asleep. She picked him up and sat down in the rocking chair with him.

 

"It went so fast Cameron," she said to him quietly. "If one year can go by so fast, I'm afraid for the next 17. I'm gonna be here for you no matter what." She rocked the chair a little bit and closed her eyes. Sierra listened to his breathing and kissed his forehead, relaxing in the moment.

 

"Are you coming down? There's a crazy game of Go Fish going on downstairs right now." Justin asked from the doorway.

 

"Let me put him down." Sierra looked up at him and Justin smiled. She stood up and walked over to the crib, where she carefully laid Cameron down. "Happy Birthday Cameron," Sierra whispered and placed a kiss on his head. She covered him with his blue blanket, and turned out the lamp before heading out the door behind Justin.

 

"Are you going to play?" Cora asked Sierra as she came back into the living room.

 

"Yeah," Sierra answered. "Finish your game, and then deal me in." She disappeared into the kitchen, to get a drink, when she returned she sat on the floor next to Justin. The girls finishing their game, with Cora celebrating as she won the game. Sierra laughed at her actions, as Olivia pouted and dealt out the cards for the next round. Cora went first since she won the last game.

 

"Do you have an 8, Sissy?" Cora asked. Sierra shook her head no, and told Cora to "go fish." The game went back and forth with Justin coming out victorious in the end.

 

Justin celebrated until both girls decided to jump on him. He laughed as the two tickled him, and he watched as Sierra's face lit up as they played.

 

Sierra chuckled and then reached to pick up the discarded cards. She wrapped the rubber band around them and set them on the table. Sierra decided she better "save" Justin before someone got hurt.

 

"All right, that's enough," Sierra smacked Cora on the butt lightly to get her attention. Cora giggled as she pulled away from Justin. He wrapped his arms around Olivia and pulled her down onto him, to give her a hug.

 

"Let me up," Olivia pouted. Justin kissed her head and let go of her. She kneed him in the stomach, on accident, as she stood up. Justin groaned.

 

Sierra laughed as he held onto his stomach with a pout. She got down on her knees and rubbed his stomach. "I think you'll live."

 

"No I won't," Justin pouted and pulled her so she was laying on him.

 

"Be careful, or I might get you somewhere else." Sierra said with a chuckle. Justin groaned at the thought, and pushed her off carefully.

 

"I love you too," he said sarcastically. Sierra smiled and kissed his forehead as she stood up. Justin sat up too.

 

"We are going to go soon, Olivia." He said.

 

"Okay," she responded and took off for the stairs behind Cora.

 

"Why so soon?" Sierra looked at the clock.

 

"Olivia starts her day camp tomorrow, and I have to go into the studio."

 

"Oh, that's right," she nodded and sat down on the couch with her drink. Justin stood up and sat down next to her.

 

"I wish I could stay though …" he paused, "cause it's been awhile."

 

"Well you get me all too yourself in a couple of weeks," Sierra said with a smile.

 

"Good." He kissed her cheek

 

"Do you need me to pick up Olivia for you?" Sierra asked.

 

"No. My Mom's gonna pick her up this week." Justin answered.

 

"Have her call me if she needs me to pick her up."

 

"I will let her know, but she was complaining last week that she and Olivia don't get to do enough stuff together."

 

--

 

"I don't know if I can leave them," Sierra sat down on her bed next to the suitcase she was packing. Justin had invited her to go with him to the MTV Movie Awards for a week long vacation, even though he would be working for part of the week.

 

"Why?" Justin asked.

 

"I haven't been away from either of them, for more then one night," Sierra explained.

 

"You'll be fine and they will be fine." He sat down next to her, "I think it's more you. Are you nervous?"

 

"Of course I am … I haven't been on vacation, since … forever, and we're going to the MTV Movie Awards? Sheesh!" Sierra groaned and fell back onto the bed. Justin chuckled and turned his body so he was leaning over her; with one hand on either side of her body. "I'm going to be worried about them the entire time."

 

"I'll keep your mind off of them," Justin leaned down and rubbed his nose against hers and her lips.

 

"I'm just sure you will," Sierra rolled her eyes and kissed his cheek as he pulled away.

 

"We'll be so busy, you won't have time to think about them," Justin said. "I'll help you pack." He hit her thigh and stood up.

 

"Ugh … I don't want to get up now." Sierra whined as she sat up.

 

"Do you have something to wear to the awards?" Justin opened the doors of her closet, and peaked inside.

 

"I got …" Sierra stood up and walked over to where he was standing. "This skirt and top." She pulled the clothes out of the closet and showed Justin. "Is this okay?"

 

"Yeah," he answered, "that's what is nice about MTV, you can where whatever."

 

"Or nothing at all," Sierra said and walked over to the bed. She set the clothes on top of her suitcase.

 

"Then why are you?" Justin asked and continued to flip through her clothes.

 

"I don't think so, Timberlake," Sierra rolled her eyes.

 

"What is this?" Justin asked after another minute. He pulled out a small box.

 

"It's nothing," Sierra's eyes went wide and she stood up quickly. She walked over to him and reached for the box just as he pulled away. The top popped off and he grinned seeing the contents.

 

"What is this?" Justin pulled out the folded poster and shook it so it unfolded. He chuckled seeing the older picture of himself. Sierra groaned in embarrassment and covered her eyes.

 

"Is there something you need to tell me?" He set the box down on the chair along with the poster and put his hands on his hips.

 

"No," Sierra said and reached down to put the poster and box away. Justin stopped her. "It's just stupid - I was a teenager and …"

 

"Come on baby, I don't care." He pulled her hands around to rest on his waist.

 

"It's embarrassing," Sierra looked up at him with red cheeks.

 

"I think it's cute," he stated which caused her to groan. Justin chuckled and kissed her cheek. "Now let me look at it."

 

"Justin," Sierra dropped her hands.

 

"I wanna see, now you finish packing." He picked up the box so he could sit on the chair and look through it. Sierra sighed and walked out of the room to pack up her bathroom stuff. She didn't want to be in the room while he surfed through the box.

 

--

 

"I don't care if he scraps his knee, please call me," Sierra said to her aunt. They had been standing in the living room the last fifteen minutes trying to leave.

 

"I will. Now we will be fine," Carrah said she reached for Cameron, who was still in Sierra's arms.

 

"We are going to miss our flight." Justin said looking at his watch. "Let's go Sierra."

 

"Okay. One last hug though." Sierra said and leaned over to give Cora a hug. "I love you." She stood and looked at her aunt. "I'll be on the next flight home if anything happens."

 

"I know. Don't worry," Carrah responded. "Now you guys go, and have a good time."

 

"We'll see you on Sunday," Justin said and grabbed for Sierra's hand. He squeezed it tightly and pulled her towards the door. "Bye."

 

"Bye," Cora said as Sierra and Justin walked out the door. Sierra turned around and waved as Justin pulled the door closed.

 

"You take too long," Justin whined as they walked down to his car.

 

"Sorry," Sierra said nervously.

 

"You'll be fine and they'll be fine," he stated as they got into the car. "And we are going to have so much fun." Justin started the car and backed it out of the driveway.

 

"I'm sure we will. So what do you have to do, while we are there?" Sierra asked.

 

"Tomorrow thru Wednesday I need to be in the studio, you are welcome to come or you can go check out the town. Thursday is the awards, and Friday and Saturday we can go out together." Justin answered.

 

"Maybe I'll go with you on Monday and see how that is, and then go shopping or something the other days," Sierra thought out loud.

 

"Whatever you want to do," He turned to look at her with a smile. "I want you to have a good time, and to not worry about Cora and Cameron so much."

 

--

 

"Justin get up," Sierra poked his side. It was 6:30 in the morning, and the alarm was going off, which was on his side of the bed.

 

"Ugh …" he groaned as one arm came out from under the sheet to shut it off. "I'm up." Justin mumbled and stuffed his face in the pillow. Sierra rubbed her hand over his bare back.

 

"Do you want me to shower first, so you can get some more sleep?" Sierra asked and moved closer to him.

 

"No, no, no … you're on vacation. You sleep some more, I will wake you up when I'm out." He rolled over onto his back and turned his head to face her.

 

"Okay," Sierra closed her eyes. Justin kissed her cheek and lips and then climbed out of bed. Sierra pulled the pillow he had been sleeping on, closer to her. She relaxed and listened to Justin moving around the room, before going into the bathroom.

 

"Wake up, sleepy." Justin crawled onto the bed thirty minutes later. He brushed his fingers over her forehead and moved a few stray hairs. Justin kissed her forehead.

 

"I'm awake," Sierra sighed and rolled onto her back. She kissed him. "You smell good."

 

"And I didn't before?" Justin answered and Sierra giggled quietly in response. He kissed her lips again. "Do you want me to turn this light on?" The only light in the room was the little bit coming through the shades and the bathroom light.

 

"That's fine," Sierra answered and stretched as he lifted off the bed and turned the light on. "What time do we have to leave?"

 

"The car is going to pick us up at 8:00." Justin answered. "I'm going to order some food, did you want anything?"

 

"Anything is fine, just something small though." Sierra sat up and pulled her hair out of the tie that was holding it up. Justin nodded and reached for the phone beside the bed. Sierra managed to pull herself out of the bed completely and walk over to her bag. She gathered her toiletries and clothes for the day and headed into the bathroom.

 

When Sierra got out of the bathroom, Justin was sitting on the edge of the bed, watching ESPN with an empty plate next to him. He turned to look at her.

 

"I got you a bagel. Is that ok?" He asked quickly.

 

"That's fine," Sierra bent over and unwrapped the towel from the top of her head. She tossed the towel onto the bed, and walked back into the bathroom. Justin's attention went back to the TV. She finished getting ready for the day, and came back out into the room. Sierra prepared her bagel the way she wanted to and sat down on the bed next to Justin.

 

"Can we watch some real news?" Sierra asked.

 

"What's wrong with this?"

 

"It's stupid," she responded and reached for the remote that was on the other side of him.

 

"It is not," Justin protested but let her change the channel anyway.

 

"Well it's my turn to watch something anyway," Sierra smiled at him and focused on the TV. She ate her breakfast and watched the news with Justin beside her the whole time. He stood up to answer the phone when it rang several minutes later.

 

"The car is here," he said as he put the phone back in its base.

 

"Okay," Sierra stood up and turned the TV off. She grabbed her purse and her book and followed him out of the room.

 

"Good morning Mr. Timberlake, Miss." The chauffer said as he held the door open. Justin climbed in first and Sierra followed. They settled in for the thirty minute ride.

 

"Thanks," Sierra smiled as she got out of the car. The man nodded.

 

"What time should I be here for lunch?" He asked Justin.

 

"We'll just eat across the street. If you could be here at six this evening," Justin answered.

 

"Of course sir, you have a good day," he closed the door.

 

"You too," Justin nodded and reached for Sierra's hand.

 

He led her inside the building and upstairs to the recording studio. Sierra was introduced to the other men in the room and she watched as Justin conversed with them. She sat down on the couch next to Justin when he sat down. She listened to their conversation for a little while before opening her book and focusing on that. Justin put his hand on her knee as he stood up to go inside the studio.

 

--

 

"Are you bored?" Justin asked as he stepped out of the room a few hours later.

 

"I'm fine," Sierra looked up from the book she had been reading for a couple of hours. "I don't ever get to read so this is nice. Are you ready for lunch?"

 

"We're going to work a little bit more. Unless you want to eat now," he answered and walked over to the little fridge and pulled out a bottle of water. He offered her one and she shook her head no.

 

"That's okay. I don't want to rush you guys," she smiled.

 

"Okay," Justin disappeared into the other room and closed the door behind him. Sierra went back to reading her book. It was another hour before Justin came out of the studio, and shook Sierra out of her trance. "Do you want to go eat now?"

 

"Sure," Sierra placed a bookmark in the page she was at. She stood up slowly and reached up to stretch. Justin smiled and watched her quietly. "All right, let's go." Sierra bent over to pick up her purse and put it over her shoulders.

 

"We'll see you guys in an hour," Justin put his arm waist as he led her out of the room.

 

--

 

"So what do you want to do today Miss?" The chauffer asked. It was the next day and Justin had given the man strict orders to take Sierra wherever she wanted to go. Sierra hadn't appreciated the way Justin talked to the man, but had let it slide, just this one time.

 

"Oh I don't know," she shrugged, "please call me Sierra. What is your name?"

 

"Michael," he answered.

 

"We'll it's nice to meet you, Michael," Sierra smiled into the rearview mirror. "Do you know of any good places to shop?"

 

"Of course. We'll head there then," Michael nodded.

 

"Great. I am sorry about Justin's tone earlier. It was rude and he shouldn't act like that," Sierra apologized as they pulled away from the studio where they dropped Justin off for the day.

 

"Don't worry about it. That's my job to deal with pouty pop stars." He shrugged it off.

 

"Okay," Sierra sat back in the seat and looked out the window. "So how long have you been doing this?" She carried on a conversation with the man until they pulled up to a strip of stores that looked far too expensive for Sierra. "Is this the place?"

 

"Sure is," he turned around in his seat to look at her.

 

"Know of any cheaper places, like a regular mall? I can't afford this stuff," she looked out the window and then back to him.

 

"Oh sure, I'm sorry … I just-"

 

"That's all right," Sierra cut him off, "I don't spend his money and he doesn't spend mine."

 

"There's a mall about 15 minutes away, I don't know how much cheaper it will be, but you can at least look around."

 

"Thank you," Sierra smiled. She was dropped off outside the mall, which didn't look like it was much cheaper, but maybe she could find something. It had been a really long time since she had shopped by herself, or even for herself.

 

--

 

"Did you have a good day today?" Justin asked Sierra as he slid into the backseat. He kissed her quickly before pulling his seatbelt on over his shoulder.

 

"Yes. All the stores are so expensive out here," she started, "but I did manage to find a few things for myself and Cora and Cameron."

 

"If you need some spending money-"

 

"No Justin."

 

"Are you sure?" Sierra nodded her head 'yes' in response. "If you do, just let me know."

 

"So how was your day?" Sierra chose to change the subject.

 

"The same as yesterday, but we got a lot done, which is always good." Justin answered. "So what did you get while you were shopping?" Sierra answered the question and told him she would show him the stuff she bought when they got back to the hotel. Other then that, the ride back to the hotel was quiet.

 

--

 

"You're going to have to stand back, while they take pictures and do all of the interviews," Justin said. The two were in the car on their way to the award show.

 

"Okay," Sierra nodded.

 

"You might end up in some of the pictures though. Are you okay with that?"

 

"Uh-huh. Aren't you nervous?"

 

"Nah," He shrugged. "You get used to this after doing it so many times. I'm only nervous if I'm nominated, and since I'm not … are you?"

 

"Yeah," Sierra shook her head. Justin reached over and picked up her hand, which was resting on the seat in between them. He squeezed it. They rode the rest of the way in silence, with Sierra staring out the window the entire time. When they got out of the car, Justin held onto her hand until he was asked to take some pictures by himself. Sierra stepped to the side and watched him do what he did best.

 

--

 

Sierra flopped down on the bed. It was almost four in the morning, and they were just getting in from the after party. Justin chuckled and plopped down beside her.

 

"I'm sleeping in this," Sierra stated and pulled the pillow closest to her under her head.

 

"Mmm … okay," Justin sighed and put a hand on her knee. He moved it up under the loose material of her skirt. "Did you have a good time?"

 

"I had a great time," she turned her head to face him, "Thank you for inviting me."

 

"You are very welcome," he rolled over so he was hovering above her. "And now we can have some time to ourselves." Justin leaned over and kissed her neck.

 

"It's late," Sierra glanced at the clock and sighed feeling his lips against her neck.

 

"It's been two months." Justin whined. Sierra giggled when the pout came across his lips. She lifted up her arms and rested her hands on his chest. She happily obliged when his lips met hers.

 

"I love you Justin," Sierra said quietly when he pulled away. Her hands moved down and under his shirt to feel his skin. Justin just responded with another kiss and slid one of his hands down her side. She pushed his shirt up as her hands traveled to his back. Justin pulled away and lifted his shirt up over his head.

 

"Now how is this fair?" He mumbled against her lips after he leaned back down. As his lips met hers, he moved her shirt up so it bunched up under her breasts. Sierra pushed him so she could sit up and pulled it off. Justin reached behind Sierra and pulled the comforter and blanket down, as she reached for the button on his jeans.

 

Sierra slid back on the bed as Justin slid off the bed to pull his jeans off. She watched and then reached for the waist on her skirt to pull it off. She pulled the sheet down too, and got underneath it. Once Justin had his pants off, he crawled across the bed and under the sheet. He resumed his position above her, and planted a kiss on her lips.

End Notes:

Random comment that has nothing to do with anything:  TobyMac = Justin in 16 years.

 And thanks for the feedback!!! :D

Chapter 10 by Christine
Author's Notes:
Three more chapters just for ya'll!
July 2012 

"I think we are going to have to share a suitcase, Cora." Sierra stated as she crawled out of the closet. She stood up and smiled at the little girl. "They seemed to have disappeared."

 

"Okay," Cora shrugged.

 

"Go get your clothes for the weekend, and set them on my bed. I need to get Cameron's stuff together." She walked down the hall, and into Cameron's room. He was sitting on the floor, with a pile of toys in front of him.

 

"Mama …" Cameron crawled across the floor to where she was standing at his dresser. She opened one of the drawers and pulled out a couple of shirts and some shorts for him. He reached up and pulled on the leg of her pants, as he pulled himself up off the floor.

 

"Cameron … what are you doing baby?" Sierra looked down at him with a smile on her face.

 

"Up …" Cameron tugged on her pants until she bent over and picked him up. Her arm rested under his butt and he put his right arm around her shoulder.

 

"Mama loves Cameron … yes I do." She kissed his cheek a couple of times, and Cameron giggled. Sierra picked up the clothes she had pulled out and started out of his room. She walked across the hall, and into her room, where she set him and his clothes down on her bed. Sierra walked over to her chair and picked up the suitcase to set it on the bed.

 

Cameron was already picking up his clothes and making a mess out of the pile.

 

"Are you trying to help? I think your making a mess." Sierra refolded his clothes and put them inside of the suitcase. "Cora! Are you done?" She yelled. Cameron made his way to the suitcase, and reached inside to pull the items back out. "No." She pulled his hand out of the bag. Cameron screamed in frustration and reached for the top shirt again. Sierra picked him up this time and popped him on the butt, when he tried to crawl out of her arms.

 

"Here," Cora came into the room with a pile of clothes in her arms.

 

"Thank you," Sierra said just as Cameron started to scream because he wasn't getting his way. "Put them in the suitcase. I've got to put him in his crib," she walked out of the room and back to Cameron's. She put him in his crib to let him cry it out.

 

"Hello!" She heard her aunt yell from downstairs.

 

"Up here!" Sierra yelled over the rail as she went back into her room. She helped Cora arranged her clothes in the suitcase. Her aunt appeared a minute later.

 

"What's with all the noise?" Carrah asked.

 

"He's mad, because I wouldn't let him pull the clothes out of the suitcase." Sierra explained.

 

"So are you ready for your trip?"

 

"Almost, I feel like I have so much to do, and no time to do it. Especially since we leave tonight." Sierra explained.

 

"What do you need help with?" Carrah asked.

 

"I don't know," Sierra whined. "Could you pack Cameron's diapers and the bath stuff for me?"

 

"Sure." Carrah nodded, "Come and help me Cora."

 

"Okay," Cora bounced out of the room behind her aunt.

 

"Knock, knock." Sierra heard as she started down the stairs an hour later. Justin poked his head inside the foyer and smiled seeing her coming down the stairs. He came inside followed by Olivia. "Are you all packed?"

 

"Uh-huh. Aunt Carrah is packing up the bathroom stuff for me," Sierra explained as her feet hit the tiled floor at the bottom of the stairs. She wrapped her arms around Justin and he did the same. Justin kissed her quickly before she pulled away.

 

"Are you ready to see your grandparents?" Sierra asked Olivia.

 

"Yep," Olivia smiled and bounced on her toes. "Can I go upstairs?"

 

"Sure. Cora is helping Aunt Carrah pack some things." She answered the young girl and smiled as she took off up the stairs. "So you guys are early." Sierra stated and walked towards the kitchen. Justin followed.

 

"Yeah. I though we could try and get out a little bit earlier then planned," Justin said.

 

--

 

"Hello," Lynn said stepping out of the kitchen door and into the garage. "Welcome to our home in Tennessee."

 

"Thank you," Sierra said and gave her a hug. She turned around and opened the backdoor on Justin's SUV. "Cameron's conked out, so I've got to get him. Justin can you get the crib out for me?" She unbuckled the straps on Cameron's car seat and lifted him out. He squirmed for a minute, before settling into her arms.

 

Justin helped Olivia and Cora out of the other door, before walking around the back to get the portable crib out. He walked past his mother, and kissed her cheek on the way inside the house.

 

"Well come in," Lynn put her hand on Sierra's back and directed her inside. "There are some cookies and juice for you girls on the table."

 

"Yeah," Olivia grinned and pulled Cora inside.

 

"So how was your trip?" Lynn asked.

 

"It was too long," Sierra answered honestly and followed Lynn inside to the kitchen.

 

"Let me show you upstairs to where the kids will sleep. I'm sure that is where Justin is," Lynn walked out of the kitchen and towards the front of the house. Sierra followed her up the stairs. "You guys are so cute, it's like you're your own little family." She turned to look at Sierra briefly.

 

"I guess in our own way it is," Sierra said softly as a smile crossed her face. She kissed Cameron on the head as they reached the top of the stairs. Lynn led the way down the hallway and into the room, where Justin had just finished unfolding the crib. He adjusted the blanket that was in it when he unfolded it, and let Sierra lay Cameron down. The three of them left the room, and went back downstairs.

 

--

 

"Hello," Justin's grandmother smiled warmly as they stepped inside her house. Justin gave her a hug and kiss and then stepped back to introduce Sierra, Cora and Cameron to her and his grandfather. "Oh is this your son? He is just too cute. May I?" She reached out to take Cameron in her arms.

 

"Yeah," Sierra smiled at the older women and let her take her son out of his arms.

 

"You are just too precious." The older woman put her hand behind his head and pulled him closer to her. "Well come in, come in. Dinner is on the table." She led them to the dining room and they all sat down.

 

"Do you want me to take him?" Sierra asked once she was settled in her seat.

 

"No, no. He's fine," she waved him off and settled the little boy in her lap. Justin's grandfather led them in saying grace, and they started their meal. They ate their dinner, and stayed to talk for a couple of hours, before going back to Justin's Mom's.

 

"Your grandparents are great, Justin." Sierra said when they walked back into his Mom's house.

 

"I think so too," Justin stated. "All right girls, off to bed." He herded them up the stairs. Sierra went up behind them, with Cameron in her arms. They put the kids to bed, and then headed into the room they were sharing.

 

The two of them got ready for bed quietly, and climbed in to bed next to each other. Justin turned the lamp off.

 

"Night," Justin leaned over and kissed her, before lying down.

 

"Good night," Sierra closed her eyes and relaxed under the sheets. She felt the bed shift as Justin rolled over and the weight of his hand on her stomach.

 

--

 

Sierra sat down on the deck chair, the following night. They were at Justin's Dad's house for the 4th of July. She looked out into the backyard where Justin was playing basketball with his brothers.

 

"So how long have you been dating?" John's girlfriend, Stephanie, asked as she sat down on the chair next to her.

 

"Since November," Sierra answered and took a sip of her soda. "How about you and John?"

 

"September. Like right after we started school."

 

They both looked back out onto the yard. Sierra smiled as Justin reached over to pick Cameron up. The little boy had made his way across the yard, while he was playing with the girls.

 

Cameron reached for the basketball, that was in Justin's other hand. He slapped the ball with his hand a couple of times and giggled.

 

"Are you gonna play, Cam?" She heard Justin ask from across the yard. "Ready? We're gonna shoot it." He lifted the ball into the air, and let go. When the ball went through the net, Justin jumped up and down with Cameron, who bounced up and down on his arm. Justin tossed him up into the air a couple of times, before kissing him on the cheek.

 

Justin told his brothers he would be right back, and carried Cameron over to the deck. Sierra reached out to her son, and he leaned down into her arms.

 

"Were you playing with Justin?" Sierra kissed him and let him down when he wanted to get down. Justin sat down on the edge of the chair she was sitting on.

 

"So why do you like my brother?" Justin asked boldly.

 

"Justin!" Sierra popped him on the knee, and reached for Cameron before he started going down the steps. Cameron screamed and tried to pull away. "You have to stay up here."

 

"What? I was just asking," Justin said this as Sierra was pulling Cameron from the steps. "I'm allowed to ask." Sierra lifted Cameron up and put him on the other side of the chair, and away from the stairs. She ignored his statement. "I'm gonna go back out and play." He stood up and squeezed Sierra's knee as he kissed her on the nose.

 

"He's sweet," Stephanie stated as he watched him walk across the yard.

 

Sierra chuckled and shook her head. "I don't know about that," she smiled down at Cameron softly. "He's got like two different sides, and one of them manages to annoy me. The good news is … I've only seen that one a handful of times, and that is when he is working."

 

Lisa walked out onto the deck and handed Sierra a bottle of juice, "I thought he might be thirsty."

 

"Thanks," Sierra smiled up at the older woman as she sat down in another chair. "Cameron, baby-" She looked over at the little boy, "do you want some juice? Mommy's got some juice for you." He looked over at her, from where he was across the deck. Cameron walked over to where she was, and reached for the bottle. She made sure he had a hold of it before letting go. He drank some of it, before tucking it under his arm and walking back over to the other side of the deck.

 

Sierra kept one eye on Cameron while she chatted with Lisa and Stephanie. He made his way back over to her after several minutes, and climbed up onto her lap. Sierra wrapped her arms around him, when he rested his head on her shoulder. Cameron eventually fell asleep with the cross on her necklace in his hand.

 

"Do you want to lay him down?" Lisa asked.

 

"Nah," Sierra shook her head, "he's fine."

 

--

 

"Can't I go with you?" Olivia asked and wiped her eyes. Justin was dropping Olivia off at Sierra's house for the next couple of weeks. He was going out of town to work on his CD.

 

"Come here," Justin sat down on the bed. Olivia walked over to where he was sitting and climbed onto his lap. He wrapped his arms around her. "You're gonna be okay, huh? We've done this before."

 

"You're going to have so much fun with Cora and Sierra … it's going to go so fast," Justin pushed her short hair back off her face. "We can talk every night, and you can call me whenever you want to talk. Okay?" Olivia nodded. He wiped her cheeks with his thumbs and smiled.

 

"You are my girl, and I love you." Justin kissed her forehead and wrapped his arms around her. Olivia wrapped her arms around his neck. "Are you gonna smile for me?" He asked Olivia, "Let me see beautiful."

 

"Come on," Justin poked his finger in her side and tickled her. Olivia squirmed with a laugh and buried her head in his neck.

 

"I love you Daddy," Olivia said quietly and pulled away. "I'm gonna miss you."

 

"I'm gonna miss you too," Justin said and put his hands on both of her cheeks. "Kiss." Olivia gave him a quick kiss. "All right, let's go downstairs. My car is waiting." Olivia got off his lap, and Justin stood up. They went downstairs and Sierra stood up from the couch.

 

"Are you leaving now?" Sierra asked and walked over to them.

 

"Yeah, I don't want to miss my flight." Justin nodded. Sierra stepped up to him and wrapped her arms around him. "I'm going to miss you too." He smiled down at her when she looked up. Sierra stood up on her toes and kissed him. Justin deepened contact by wrapping his arms around her tighter. "I love you," he pecked her on the lips again.

 

"Love you too," Sierra said and pulled away. "Go before you're late. We'll see you in three weeks."

 

"Okay," Justin kissed her again and dropped his arms. "One last hug, Olivia." He picked her up and she wrapped her arms and legs around him. "Lot's of hugs and kisses, it has to last us." Justin rocked her back and forth as he placed kisses on her face. "I'll call you as soon as I can." He kissed her cheek one last time, and let her back down.

 
Chapter 11 by Christine
August 2012 

"When was the last time we went out with the kids?" Justin asked as they sat down at a table. The host handed him his menu.

 

"Ummm …" Sierra thought about it and said, "New York? Thanks …" she took the menu the man handed her.

 

"That doesn't seem right," Justin opened his menu. "Maybe last month," He shrugged, "I forget." They looked over the menus and ordered when their waited came.

 

"So how were your meetings today?"

 

"They went well. Mostly just orientation for the few of us who are new this year," Sierra answered. "Tomorrow we go to the school district for more meetings. But I am so excited about starting in a couple of weeks."

 

"I'll bet," Justin smiled just seeing her enthusiasm for it. "So are you teaching first grade, like you originally thought? Or did they put you somewhere else?" He asked as their waiter set their drinks down along with some chips and salsa.

 

"I am actually going to teach third grade, however Olivia is not on my roll sheet." Sierra answered.

 

"That's too bad."

 

"Well the principal knows that I know her outside of class, and they don't allow that. Because of the biased view or whatever …" Sierra reached for a chip and dipped it in the salsa.

 

"I was hoping you could give her all A's …" Justin winked and reached for a chip as well.

 

"She makes good grades, as is." Sierra responded. "So what did you do today?"

 

--

 

"Oh, I wish I could take you Cora," Sierra said with a whine in her voice, "You're going to have so much fun today."

 

"I am?" Cora asked. She had been nervous all day.

 

"Yeah," Sierra nodded, "Aunt Carrah is going to pick you up from school too, so wait on the porch until you see her. Don't walk out into the parking lot without her, and do what your teacher says."

 

"Okay," Cora nodded.

 

"All right," Sierra kissed her forehead, "I love you and be good."

 

"I will," she nodded again.

 

"Good morning!" Carrah said as she walked into the house.

 

"Morning," Sierra smiled and walked into the kitchen. She picked Cameron up from his highchair. "Mama's gotta leave for work."

 

"Aren't you meeting Justin for breakfast?" Carrah asked.

 

"I want to see Olivia!" Cora bounced into the kitchen.

 

"This weekend sweetie," Sierra looked down at her and back up at her aunt, "just for a quick cup of coffee, if I can even keep that down. I am so nervous." Sierra kissed Cameron on the head and handed him over to Carrah. She picked up her bag and put that over her shoulder, and grabbed her keys.

 

"You are going to be just fine. Your kids are going to love you," Carrah shuffled Cameron in her arms, so she was more comfortable with him on her hip. "We'll see you this evening, when you get home. Have a great day."

 

Sierra kissed all three of them on the cheeks and waved as she walked to the garage door, "Bye!"

 

When Sierra got to the small coffee shop, Justin was leaning against his car sipping on his drink, with her drink in his other had. Sierra pulled up next to him and got out.

 

"Hey," she smiled and kissed him on the cheek. "Where's Olivia?"

 

"With my Mom, just for breakfast. It's this thing she started, on Olivia's first day of school, she takes her out to eat, or makes a big breakfast." Justin explained, "I skipped out this year, but I'm going to meet them at Ma's to pick Olivia up and take her."

 

"You skipped just for me?" Sierra asked and took her drink from him.

 

"Yeah, you should feel special," he winked and put his free arm around her shoulder. Sierra snuggled up next to him and sipped her drink. "You nervous?"

 

"That is an understatement," she smiled up at him. "Thanks for the drink."

 

"You are very welcome," he kissed her head. "You're gonna be fine."

 

"That's what Aunt Carrah said."

 

"Well she's right. I think you are nervous about Cora starting kindergarten today as well." Justin stated.

 

"I am … what if the kids don't like her? Or what if her teacher is mean?" Sierra let out a small groan.

 

"You should have seen me on Olivia's first day," he shook his head. "I didn't want to let her hand go. I think it's worse on the parents then it is the kids. She'll be okay too. I know Olivia is nervous too, she always gets that way."

 

They talked for fifteen more minutes before Sierra realized she needed to get to school. Justin wrapped his arms around her waist, and she put her arms around his neck.

 

"I love you," Justin kissed her. "Relax baby."

 

"I will," Sierra nodded, "I love you too." Their lips met again and they stood there for a few minutes. "All right, I better go." She reluctantly dropped her arms, and stepped away from him.

 

"Okay, have a great day." He walked over to her door with her, and watched as she got in. "I'll see you in a little bit." Sierra buckled her seatbelt and he leaned in to give her one last kiss. Justin closed the door for her as she started the car, and waved as she pulled out of the lot.

 

--

 

"Good morning," Sierra smiled.

 

"Are you Ms. Stevens?"

 

"Yes, I am, and you are?"

 

"Michael Jones," the older man smiled flirtatiously at Sierra. His hands rested on his sons shoulders, "this is my son, Mikey."

 

"Well it's nice to meet you both," Sierra ignored his grin and threw a smile over his shoulder when she saw Justin coming down the hallway with Olivia. "If you could go find your desk and hook, and put your stuff away, that'd be great." The two disappeared into the classroom.

 

"So you're the new teacher around here, huh?" Justin asked as he approached her.

 

"I sure am," Sierra grinned at his playful tone.

 

"I'd give you another kiss, but I don't think that would go over too well," he leaned in and said quietly. When he pulled away he glanced around the hallway, to make sure no one noticed.

 

"Dad," Olivia grabbed his hand, "let's go meet Mrs. Hensley."

 

"Okay, we'll go," Justin looked down at her.

 

"You are going to love her," Sierra said to Olivia, "and her room is right next door." She pointed the room out. "Have a great day, Olivia."

 

"Bye Sierra," Olivia covered her mouth, "whoops."

 

"That's okay," Sierra ran her fingers through Olivia's hair quickly. "Just remember next time." Olivia nodded and she and Justin walked down the hall to the next room. Mr. Jones walked out of the room. "Have a good day, sir." The man nodded and disappeared down the hall.

 

"Hello," she smiled at the little girl who was now in front of her.

 

"Hi," she said shyly, "I'm Beth."

 

"Nice to meet ya, sweetie," Sierra looked up at who she assumed was her mother. "I'm Sierra Stevens."

 

"Stacy Reynolds," the woman answered. "I'm one of your room mom's this year."

 

"Oh, that's great," Sierra stated happily. "I look forward to working with you this year." She chatted for a few minutes with the woman.

 

Justin came back down the hall, and stopped about ten feet past her doorway. He caught her attention, and pointed to himself, made a heart shape with his fingers, and pointed to her. Sierra smiled at this. "Call me," he mouthed and held his hand up to his face like phone.

 

"I won't ask," Stacy grinned. Sierra shrugged and watched Justin walk away.

 

"Why don't you go and find your desk Beth." Sierra said.

 

--

 

"I'm sorry it's so late," Sierra said into the phone quietly. She sat down on the couch.

 

"That's okay," Justin answered, "So how was your day?"

 

"It was great," she sighed. "The kids are great and they seem really excited to be there."

 

"Well that's always a good sign," he responded.

 

"Yeah," she nodded and reached for the remote to turn the TV down. Sierra told him more about her day, the kids in the class, and what she had planned for the next day.

 

"So what about next weekend?" Justin asked once she stopped talking.

 

"What about it?"

 

"What should we do with the kids?" he asked.

 

"Oh … well do you just want to come over on Saturday? So the girls can play," Sierra suggested and flipped through the channels. "Wanna spend the night?"

 

"Tonight?"

 

"Saturday," she answered.

 

"Are we going to be able to be quiet?"

 

"Yeah," Sierra blushed at his suggestion. "So how was your day?"

 

"It was okay. I was in a meeting for most of it, and went to the studio for a little bit. I am planning on touring in the spring, after the CD comes out in February."

 

"Oh yeah?" Sierra asked, "And will Olivia go with you? Or do you not know yet?"

 

"I'll get to that as it approaches, I want her to come, but we'll see." He shrugged. They talked a little bit more before Justin said 'goodnight,' and they hung up.

 

--

 

"Hello Justin," Carrah said when he walked into the house on Saturday, with Olivia behind him. "How are you doing?"

 

"I'm doing great," Justin smiled and hugged and kissed the older woman. "How about you?"

 

"Just the same," Carrah nodded and looked down at his daughter, "Hey, Miss Olivia."

 

"Hi Aunt Carrah," Olivia smiled. Justin set their bag down by the door and followed Carrah into the kitchen. Sierra was standing out the counter making some sandwiches with Cameron resting on her hip.

 

"Hey guys, just in time for lunch," Sierra looked up when they walked into the room. "Olivia, can you go get Cora? And you two wash your hands."

 

"K," Olivia nodded and headed back to the stairs.

 

Justin walked over to Sierra and picked Cameron up out of her arms.

 

"Thanks," she smiled as he kissed her cheek. "Will you wash his hands for me?"

 

"Sure. Come on Cam, let's go wash those icky hands," Justin said to him as he started out of the room.

 

"Key?" Cameron asked and looked up at him as they disappeared out of the door.

 

They ate lunch, which was noisy with the girls chatting and Cameron making noises as he ate. Justin held Cameron on his lap, and tore his sandwich into small pieces for him. Carrah excused herself after she finished eating, and left to go back to her house.

 

"We're gonna go play upstairs," Cora said putting her last bite of sandwich in her mouth, and picking up her glass of juice. She took a sip of it, before her and Olivia ran out of the kitchen.

 

"So what should we do?" Justin asked and pulled Cameron's hand away from his glass before he dumped it over.

 

"Clean off the table," Sierra stood up. She picked up the empty plates and walked over to the sink. Justin grabbed what glasses he could with his freehand, and stood up with Cameron in the other. He walked over to the sink, handed them to Sierra, and went to pick up the rest of the glasses.

 

They cleaned up the kitchen before going into the living room. Justin got down on the floor and played with Cameron, while Sierra sat down on the edge of the couch and looked over some papers.

 

--

 

"Hey," Justin crawled into bed next to Sierra. He pulled the covers over their heads.

 

"Hi," Sierra giggled as he snuggled closer to her, "Whatcha want?"

 

"You," he answered simply and rolled on top of her.

 

"Are the girls asleep?" Justin nodded and lowered his head to her neck where he began kissing her. Sierra sighed and let him take control.

Chapter 12 by Christine
November 2012 

"Aunt Carrah?" Sierra asked loudly as she stepped into her house. Her Aunt had not shown up to pick up Cora and Cameron for the day, and she was worried. "Are you here?" The house was dead silent, and it looked like she hadn't even gotten out of bed that morning.

 

"Carrah?" Sierra shouted again and walked through the living room and kitchen before heading down the hall. "Carrah?" Sierra asked again and knocked on her bedroom door. There was no answer. She turned the knob and pushed the door open. Her aunt was still in bed.

 

"Aunt Carrah!" Sierra said quietly and walked over to the bed. The older woman didn't move, "Carrah." Sierra reached down and shook her shoulder.

 

"No, no, no - Carrah, please - Aunt Carrah," her voice got louder with every word and she started to cry, "Please -"

 

Sierra pulled away when she realized it was too late. She sat down on the edge of the bed, and found her Aunt's cold hand. She stayed there for a few minutes, before reaching to pick up the phone and calling emergency services. Sierra talked to the person on the other line, before going back next door to her house.

 

"Where's Aunt Carrah?" Cora asked when her sister walked back inside. She had her backpack on her shoulders, and was ready to go to school.

 

"Come over here," Sierra said and picked up Cameron, who had found his way over to where she was. They sat down on the couch.

 

"Cora, sweetie," Sierra wiped her eyes, "Aunt Carrah … she went to be with Mom in heaven." Sierra watched and waited for a few minutes as Cora took this information in.

 

"She died?" Cora asked.

 

"Yeah," Sierra nodded. "Are you going to be okay?" She reached up and touched Cora's cheek. Cora nodded, "Okay. I'm going to call your school and tell them you won't be coming for a few days, and then I need to call work. Can you watch Cameron, for me?"

 

"Uh-huh," Cora pulled Cameron from Sierra's lap. Sierra stood up and walked into the kitchen. She called Cora's school first, and then hers.

 

"I know this is late notice, but my aunt passed away this morning, and I'm not going to be in for a few days," Sierra explained to the secretary.

 

"I'm sorry to hear that," the woman said, "I'll let Mrs. Duvall know. Is there somewhere where the sub will be able to find your lesson plans for the next week?"

 

"Yeah," Sierra finished the answer by telling her where everything was located. She hung up the phone, and decided to call Justin. He was out of town on business for a couple of weeks. Sierra knew that once she called him, she would lose it. After slowly dialing the phone, Sierra raised it to her ear, and took in a deep breath.

 

"Hi, Sierra," as soon as she heard his voice over the phone, her breath caught in her throat and the tears came.

 

"Justin," Sierra sobbed and sat down in a kitchen chair.

 

"What's wrong Sierra?" he asked concerned.

 

"Au-Aunt Carrah," Sierra paused and sucked in a deep breath, "she-she…"

 

"Sierra, honey … you're going to have to calm down. What happened to Carrah?" Justin asked cautiously. He had a sinking feeling in his stomach.

 

"She passed away last night," Sierra calmed down enough to tell him.

 

"Oh, baby, I'm so sorry," Justin said and looked at his watch, "I'm going to come home."

 

"No, you're working," Sierra started even though she really wanted him too.

 

"You need me there. I'm going to get a flight home, as soon as possible," he said.

 

"Okay," she nodded quietly even though he couldn't see her, "thank you."

 

"Are you going to be okay, until I get there?"

 

"Uh-huh," she reached for a napkin and wiped her eyes.

 

"I love you, Sierra," Justin said softly.

 

"I love you too."

 

Sierra met with the people who would be taking care of Carrah's body almost an hour later. She directed them into her room, and talked with one of them about what needed to be done in the next few days.

 

"Lynn," Sierra sounded shocked to see the older woman walk into Carrah's house.

 

"Hi, Sierra, how are you doing?" Justin's mother asked her.

 

"I'm doing all right. I just have so much to do," Sierra let Lynn give her a hug. "How did you know I was here?"

 

"I went next door and Cora let me know," Lynn said. "Justin called and asked me to come and help out until he can get home. So whatever you need."

 

"Can you just go next door and be with Cora and Cameron to make sure they are okay?" Sierra asked, "I didn't want them to be in here."

 

"That's fine," Lynn nodded, "I'll be over there."

 

"Thank you," Sierra smiled sincerely.

 

--

 

There was a loud knock on the front door, later that night. Sierra was startled awake from where she was sleeping on the couch. She sat up and walked over to the front door. Sierra unlocked the door, after seeing who it was on the other side. She pulled the door open and wrapped her arms around Justin as he stepped inside.

 

"Hey," Justin said quietly when he pulled away from her embrace to shut the front door. "Are you doing okay?" When he asked this, Sierra started crying all over again. "I'm so sorry." Justin held her for a few more minutes before leading her upstairs. He found her pajamas in her dresser and handed them to her. "Get into bed, okay? I'm going to call my Mom and let her know I got in, and I'll be right up."

 

Justin came back a minute later and undressed. He crawled into bed next to Sierra. She rolled over to face him and buried her head in his chest, when he put his arm around her.

 

"Thank you for coming," Sierra mumbled.

 

"You don't ever have to ask, I'll drop everything whenever you, Cora or Cameron ever need anything," he said quietly and kissed the top of her head. "It doesn't matter what for …"

 

"I feel so alone," she pulled back a little to wipe her face.

 

"You're not, Sierra-" he said sternly, "you've got me, Cora, Cameron, and Olivia. We're all here for you and we love you."

 

"I know," she paused, "it's just that she was my second Mom, you know? After my Mom died, she did so much for me."

 

"I know honey," Justin ran his fingers through her hair. He didn't know what else to say, but just listened as she mumbled herself to sleep. Justin feel asleep a few minutes after her, it had been a long day for everybody.

 

--

 

"Justin!" Cora sounded shocked to see him when he appeared at her door the following morning. She had been sitting up in bed already awake. "When did you get here?"

 

"Last night, he walked into her room. "How are you doing?" Justin sat down on the end of the bed.

 

"Okay," Cora crawled to where he was, "Aunt Carrah died yesterday." She mentioned quietly.

 

"Yeah. I heard that's why I'm here."

 

"Sissy said she's in heaven with my Mom," Cora stated.

 

"Sierra's right about that," Justin smiled at the girl, "Can you get dressed? I'm going to get Cameron before he wakes your sister up." He stood up.

 

"Can Olivia come over?" Cora asked.

 

"After she gets out of school, okay?" Justin answered.

 

"Okay," Cora responded and got off her bed. Justin left the room and went into Cameron's.

 

"What do you need me to do?" Justin asked Sierra during breakfast.

 

"Do you think Mom could come and watch Cora and Cameron? And you could come with me to make the arrangements?" She asked.

 

"I'll give her a call. I'm sure she won't mind."

 

"Thank you, I'm going to run next door and get her address book," Sierra stood up and put her bowl in the sink. "I'll be right back."

 

"Okay," Justin said as Sierra walked out of the room. He heard the front door open and close.

 

They spent their day driving from one end of the city to the other. While they were in the car, Sierra spent that time on the phone. Sierra managed to plan the funeral for Thursday morning, and a reception at her house after.

 

--

 

"When do you go back?" Sierra asked Justin. It was the night of the funeral, and the day had been filled with lots of people and different emotions. Justin and Sierra were picking up in the kitchen, while his Mom got the kids settled down for the night.

 

"Saturday," he answered and stuffed some paper plates in the trash. Justin pulled the bag out of the trash can and tied it closed. "I'm going to take this out."

 

"Okay," Sierra said and turned back to the sink. She heard the door close behind him. It had been a rough day for her, and all she wanted to do was go to bed. She reached up to wipe her cheek when another tear fell.

 

"Sierra?" Justin asked quietly when he came back into the kitchen. He smiled softly when she turned around. "Are you okay?" Sierra shook her head. Justin sighed and walked over to her. "Let me wash my hands, and I'll give you a hug." Sierra moved over and he washed his hands quickly.

 

"I miss her Justin," Sierra said when he wrapped his arms around her. She leaned against him, and rested her head on his chest. "I feel so alone."

 

"You're not alone, Sierra," Justin said and released one arm from around her waist. He wiped her cheek. "I was going to wait, for next Friday, but now is good. Sierra, I love you and I want to be with you. I want to be your family; I want us to be a family - you, me, Olivia, Cora, and Cameron. Will you marry me Sierra?"

 

"Oo-" Sierra sobbed from a combination of emotions. "Justin." She cried and moved her arms so they were around his neck. She rose on her toes to bury her face in his neck. "I love you."

 

"Is that a yes?" He asked hesitantly. Sierra nodded against his neck, and kissed it before resting her feet on the floor again. "I love you, Sierra, and I'm going to be here to help you. Okay?"

 

"Okay," Sierra nodded and continued to cuddle up to him. Justin held her. "Thank you." They stayed in each others arms for a few minutes.

 

"Do you want to see your ring?"

 

"Yeah," Sierra smiled.

 

"Okay, close your eyes." Sierra closed her eyes and he put his freehand over her eyes. Sierra giggled as he reached into his pocket, and pulled out the ring. "Hold up your hand." Sierra did as she was told and felt him slip the ring on. "Open your eyes." Justin lifted his hand off her face and she opened her eyes.

 

"I love it," Sierra admired the ring and kissed his cheek.

 

"More then me?" He asked.

 

"Yes," she winked and put her arms around his neck. Justin licked his lips and then leaned down to kiss her on hers.

Chapter 13 by Christine
November 2012 

"Come and sit down in here girls," Sierra said as she picked Cameron up from his high chair. The two girls followed Sierra and Justin into the living room and sat down on the couch, while Sierra and Justin sat on the loveseat.

 

"We have something to talk about," Justin said.

 

"What's that?" Olivia asked.

 

"Sierra and I are," he reached for her hand, "going to get married."

 

"Really?" Olivia sounded excited, "Sissy's gonna be my Mom?"

 

"I guess she is," Justin smiled, "and Cora's going to be my sister."

 

"That's cool," Cora said happily.

 

"So when are you going to get married?"

 

"It'll be awhile, since your Dad is busy and so am I," Sierra answered. "Maybe sometime next year."

 

--

 December 2012  

"Thank you for helping out today," Sierra said as she stuffed a plate into a bag. Her class had just had their Christmas party, "they really seemed to like that craft."

 

"Well if it involves candy, all kids seem to like that," Stacy stacked the unused plates and cups.

 

"Sierra! Sierra! Sierra!" Olivia bounced into the room.

 

"Olivia!" Sierra turned around and matched her enthusiasm. "How many sweets did you have?"

 

"A whole lot," Olivia smiled. "Look what I made …" She held up a sheet of cardstock that had somehow been folded and colored to look like a deer, inside there was a bag of oats mixed with glitter. "It's reindeer food - see you put it on the ground and when Santa comes his reindeer eat it."

 

"That's great; you and Cora can put it out on Christmas Eve," Sierra smiled. "Am I supposed to take you home today?"

 

"Uh-huh, Daddy said he had something to do, and Grandma was busy," Olivia nodded, "so he said for you to take me home."

 

"That's nice that he calls and warns me …" Sierra mumbled under her breath. "Could you help us pick up? I have to get to the daycare to pick up Cora and Cameron."

 

"Sure," Olivia set her stuff down. Sierra told her what to pick up and Olivia did just as she asked.

 

"Am I dropping you off at home, or is he supposed to pick you up at my house?" Sierra asked once they were in the car to pick up Cora and Cameron.

 

"I don't know," Olivia shrugged.

 

"We'll just go to my house then," Sierra concentrated on driving and parked the car once they got to the daycare. Sierra went inside to pick up the two kids. They made their way home, with a quick stop at a drive-thru for dinner. Sierra got them settled at the kitchen table when the phone rang.

 

"I'm going to get that real quick. Please, watch Cameron while he eats," she stood up and walked out of the room to answer the phone.

 

"Is Olivia there?" Justin sounded panicked as she answered the phone.

 

"Yes," Sierra answered calmly. "And I appreciate you calling and asking me if I could give her a ride home."

 

"I'm sorry- I just … it scared the shit out of me when she wasn't here at home," Justin stuttered.

 

"Well I wasn't going to leave her at your house by herself," Sierra said. "Justin, I mean really … ugh … I don't even know what to say. What if I had to leave school right away, she'd have been left there alone … plan ahead, next time, and let me know, please?"

 

"I will, I will," Justin said, "I'm gonna come pick her up. We need to talk about Christmas and New Years when I get there."

 

"Okay, we'll see you in a little bit." Sierra said and hung up the phone. She went back into the kitchen and sat down at the table to eat her dinner. Cameron had ketchup all over his hands and had smeared it across the white tray. "That's lovely," Sierra smiled at the little boy when he showed her his hands. "No more playing with your food, eat it."

 

The girls ran up the stairs and Sierra was just wiping off Cameron's hands when the front door opened and closed. Justin appeared in the kitchen doorway and smiled when Sierra looked up. She looked back down and concentrated on wiping off his face.

 

"Are you still mad?" He asked.

 

"I'm not mad and I wasn't mad. I was frustrated," Sierra answered and picked Cameron up and set him on the floor. The little boy walked over to Justin who picked him up.

 

"I'm sorry," he apologized again, "it was a last minute thing, and my Mom couldn't pick her up."

 

"It's fine, just call next time," Sierra wiped off the tray, "and leave a message on my cell phone."

 

"Okay," Justin resigned. He knew she was still mad, but wasn't going to fight about it, so he just let it go. That was not how he wanted to start off their holiday. He looked at Cameron who just smiled at him, and Justin smiled too.

 

"What are our plans for the next week?" Sierra asked and walked over to the sink. She rinsed the rag off and then walked back over to the table.

 

"Our flight leaves Sunday at 1:17, so we need to leave here at 11:30," Justin answered, "and you and me will fly out to L.A. for the New Years party on the 30th. My Mom said she and Dad would watch the kids. And we'll fly back to Tennessee on the 2nd, and come home on the 3rd."

 

Sierra nodded and crinkled up the hamburger and fry wrappers into a ball. She threw them away and then wiped down the kitchen table.

 

"Dad," Olivia said as she walked into the kitchen. She wrapped her arms around him in a hug.

 

"Hey sweetheart," Justin put his free arm around her, since Cameron was still in the other. "How was your party today?"

 

"It was lots of fun, we made reindeer food, and Sierra said we could put it out on the ground for them," Olivia stated.

 

"Well that's cool; we'll have to do that then," Justin grinned, "go get your bag so we can go home." Olivia nodded and turned to leave the room.

 

"You're dropping her off, here, tomorrow for the day, right?" Sierra asked.

 

"Yeah, it'll be around eight. Is that okay?" He set Cameron back down and watched as he walked off into the living room to play with his toys.

 

"Uh-huh," she nodded and walked with him out of the kitchen and into the foyer, "I'll be up."

 

"Ready Olivia?" Justin asked as she came into the room with her backpack.

 

Olivia nodded, "Bye Cora!" She yelled up the stairs.

 

"Bye!" Cora ran out of her room and waved.

 

"See you tomorrow morning," Sierra said and hugged Olivia. She gave Justin a hug and kiss and then opened the door for them.

 

--

 

"Merry Christmas," Lynn smiled when Sierra walked into the kitchen Christmas morning.

 

"You too," Sierra responded and poured herself a cup of coffee. "Do you need some help?"

 

"Sure," Lynn answered. "If you will mix this for me and poor it into this pan here." She handed Sierra the plastic bowl and spoon, and then grabbed a cake pan from the cabinet below. "Is Justin up?"

 

"No," Sierra answered. "He did roll over when I got out of bed, but other then that, nothing." Lynn laughed. "I'm surprised the kids aren't …"

 

There was a thump upstairs, as a door hit a wall and lot's of chatter. "He's up now." Sierra stated as they heard Justin telling the girls to go downstairs so he could get dressed. The girls pounded down the stairs and then ran through the kitchen into the family room.

 

"Don't open anything yet!" Sierra said, "We have to eat first." She poured the batter into the pan.

 

"When are we eating?" Olivia asked loudly.

 

"In an hour," Lynn answered and then directed Sierra to put the pan into the oven.

 

Justin came into the kitchen a few minutes later with Cameron in his arms, "look who was up."

 

"Hey baby," Sierra walked over to the two and held out her hands. Cameron leaned out of Justin's arms and into hers. "Did you sleep good?"

 

"Yes," Justin answered knowing that she was talking to Cameron.

 

"I was talking to Cameron," Sierra smiled and winked at Justin. She sat down at the counter and kissed Cameron on the head. Justin walked into the living room and started talking to the girls about what they got from Santa. Sierra set Cameron down on the floor and told him to 'go by Justin' so she could finish helping Lynn.

 

--

 

"Are you ready to party?" Justin asked when Sierra stepped out of the hotel bathroom a few days later. They had flown out to L.A. the day before for the New Years Eve party.

 

"Am I?" She tugged on the hem of her skirt, in hopes of it covering more skin. "Is this too short?" The material already fell halfway down her thigh.

 

"It's fine," Justin grabbed her wrists and pulled her hands away from the fabric. "You look hot, and it's almost to your knees anyway. You're such a teacher."

 

"Justin …" Sierra trailed off.

 

"Come on, honey. You look fine, the skirt is fine, the shirt is fine, and we're going to be late." He handed her, her purse and jacket and led her out of the room.

 

"Just don't bend over and you'll be fine," Justin smirked as they approached the elevator. Sierra pinched his side and he flinched.

 

"I'm going to go change," Sierra said and turned around.

 

"No you're not," Justin turned her back around, and hit the down button for the elevator.

 

"You look beautiful tonight," he said once the elevator doors were closed and it was descending.

 

"Are you nervous?" Justin asked once they were in the car.

 

"Yes," Sierra nodded, "I know it'll be fine, and we'll have fun, but still-"

 

"It's okay," Justin squeezed her hand and smiled. "MTV is going to be there, so they may want to talk to me for a few minutes, we'll just have to see."

 

--

 

"Who's your lady?" One of the many guests at the party who had stopped to talk to Justin, that night, asked.

 

"This is my fiancé, Sierra," Justin introduced her as his arm snaked around her waist. Sierra leaned against him. "Sierra this is Brian."

 

Sierra smiled, "Nice to meet you." She listened as the two talked for several minutes, about Justin's work in the studio.

 

"Would you like to get something to drink?" Justin asked Sierra when he noticed her eyes starting to wander around the room.

 

"Sure," Sierra answered. Justin excused them from the conversation, and dropped his arm from around her waist. He grabbed her hand and led her through the crowd over to the bar.

 

"Sit down honey," Justin helped her onto the stool, and then leaned against her, so his chest was against her back. "What do you want to drink?"

 

"You pick," Sierra answered and looked up at him. Justin looked down at her and kissed her quickly. Justin ordered their drinks and they stayed in silence for a few minutes.

 

"Are you having fun?" Justin wrapped his arm around her so his hand rested on her stomach.

 

"Uh-huh," Sierra and turned around on the stool to face him. Justin's arm dropped and he had to step back a little to make room for her knees. "I want a kiss," Sierra set her glass down on the counter behind her, and wrapped her arms around him.

 

"You do huh?" Justin stepped in between her knees when she spread them apart. Sierra nodded as he wrapped his arms around her. He leaned down a little and kissed her. "I love you."

 

"Love you too," Sierra moved her hands to rest on his hips.

 

"Should we go dance?"

 

"Sure," Sierra stood up as he set his glass on the counter. Justin grabbed her hand and led her out to the dance floor. They were able to get in a few dances before they were interrupted so Justin could do a live interview. Sierra stood off to the side and watched as he talked a little bit about what he was doing.

 

They made it back out onto the dance floor with fifteen minutes to spare before midnight. Sierra kept her body close to Justin's as they danced. When the countdown began, Justin wrapped his arms around her tighter, and pulled her even closer then they already were.

 

"5 … 4 … 3 … 2 … 1 …"

 

"Happy New Year, Sierra," Justin said as Sierra wrapped her arms around his neck.

 

"You too, Justin," Sierra said as Justin leaned down to kiss her. They ignored the crowd around them, and spent the first few moments of the new year together.

Chapter 14 by Christine
January 2013 

"Do you have enough stuff?" Sierra asked Olivia. Justin was bringing in Olivia's bags into her house.

 

"Well Daddy said to pack enough for three weeks, and that's a long time," Olivia answered.

 

"It is, but it will go so fast," Sierra smiled as she watched Justin walk up the porch steps.

 

"Hi," Justin grinned as he walked into the house. He kissed Sierra and walked up the stairs.

 

"Cameron is asleep up there, so be quiet," Sierra said and watched him go up.

 

"Where's Cora?" Olivia asked.

 

"She should be cleaning her room."

 

Justin came back downstairs, "I said good-bye to Cameron."

 

"Is he still sleeping?" Justin nodded 'yes.' "Cora! Come down and say 'bye' to Justin." Sierra yelled up the stairs. "That probably woke him up, but he'll be fine." Cora came down the stairs.

 

"Hey, sweet stuff," Justin picked her up. "You be good for your sister." He hugged her and kissed her cheek.

 

"I always am," Cora grinned and kissed his cheek as he set her down. "Love you." Sierra rolled her eyes at Justin when she heard that.

 

"Love you too," Justin put his hand on her head and winked at her. "All right sweet heart," he looked down at Olivia. "I'm going to miss you." He wrapped his arms around her, and she wrapped her arms around his neck.

 

"I'm going to miss you too," Olivia said. Justin pulled back to look at her.

 

"Are you going to be okay?" Justin asked. Olivia nodded. "Good. If you need me, call me right away."

 

"K."

 

"Do your homework. Do what Sierra asks you to do, and no arguments." Justin kissed her cheek. "I love you lots and lots."

 

"I love you too, Daddy," Olivia gave him another hug.

 

"All right," Justin patted her back as he pulled away. He looked over at Sierra, "Are you going to be okay with three of them?" Justin asked as the girls took off up the stairs. He watched them over Sierra's shoulder.

 

"Uh-huh," Sierra nodded. "I'll call your Mom if I need anything."

 

"She's in Tennessee until next week."

 

"Okay. I'm sure we'll be fine though," she responded and stepped closer to him.

 

"If there's an emergency, I'll be here." He picked up her left hand and played with the ring on her finger. "I'll be home in two and a half weeks."

 

"K," Sierra put her right hand on his shoulder. She took another step closer to him, and reached up to kiss his cheek. "I love you."

 

"I love you too," Justin dropped her hand and wrapped his arms around her. This time he moved so they were touching. He leaned down and kissed her softly. Sierra's arms went around his neck, as they kissed.

 

"Have a safe trip, and call me," she said quietly when he pulled away.

 

"I will. When I come back we'll talk about the wedding," Justin smiled and kissed her cheek. He gave her one last hug and pulled away from her body.

 

"Bye girls!" Justin yelled up the stairs, "I love you. Be good." The girls yelled 'bye' back from Cora's room.

 

"See you in a couple of weeks," Sierra said as she opened the front door.

 

"Yep, yep," Justin said. He gave her one last kiss and stepped out the door.

 

Sierra watched as he walked down to the car that was waiting for him. Justin waved as he slid into the open vehicle and closed the door. Sierra watched the car drive away and then closed the front door.

 

--

 

February 2013

 

"We need to go girls, or we're all going to be late," Sierra pulled Cameron from his highchair. She walked over to the sink, and found a rag to wipe the banana off of his hands and face. He twisted in her arm and tried to pull away. "Hold still, Cameron."

 

"Let's go! Let's go," Sierra looked at the two girls who were still sitting at the table. "Put your bowls in the sink and get your bags. We need to go." They got up and put their bowls in the sink. "I'll be in the car." She stated as they walked out of the kitchen to get their backpacks.

 

Sierra picked up her and Cameron's bags and the car keys, and then walked out to the car. She had to fight with Cameron to get him in his car seat, and he screamed and kicked at the seat as she set their bags at his feet. She ignored his noise.

 

The girls got into the car, and the headed out. Cameron continued to make angry noises as they drove down the road. Sierra dropped Cora off at her school first, and then ran inside at the daycare to drop Cameron off. Sierra and Olivia got to the elementary school with 10 minutes to spare.

 

"Have a good day," Sierra said to Olivia.

 

"Bye Ms. Stevens," Olivia smiled and walked into her classroom.

 

Sierra walked the short distance to her classroom and smiled at her students who had gathered outside of her classroom.

 

"Sorry guys," Sierra said apologetically as she unlocked the door. She reached in and turned the light on. Sierra let her students file into the classroom and then she followed them. "Monday's are always the hardest. Isn't that right?" She walked over to her desk and set her bag down before turning on the computer. "I've got to run down to the office for a second, so keep it down."

 

--

 

"SISSY!" Sierra looked up when she heard the ear-piercing scream from across the playground. The third grade classes were outside for their recess, and Sierra had been standing closer to the building talking with the other teachers and monitoring the playground.

 

"Olivia fell off the swings!" One of the kids from her class yelled from his spot on top of the slides.

 

Sierra walked quickly over to the swings, and crouched down next to a crying Olivia.

 

"What happened baby?" Sierra asked and put her hand on the little girl's back.

 

"It hurts. It hurts," Olivia repeated and held her right arm. She leaned against Sierra and wiped her face on Sierra's shirt.

 

"What does?" Sierra asked frantically.

 

"My arm," Olivia answered as a few tears fell down her cheek.

 

"Come on," Sierra helped her stand up, "we're going to go see the nurse." Olivia nodded and continued to hold her arm as she leaned against Sierra. Sierra let the other teachers know what was going on and then she led Olivia into the building.

 

"I want Daddy." Olivia cried.

 

"We'll call him in a little bit," Sierra rubbed her hand up and down the little girl's back as they walked down the hall. They got to the nurse's office and Sierra sat down on the bed next to Olivia, while the older woman checked out a few things.

 

"It seems to be broken," she said, "so we're going to call your Dad and then get you to the emergency room."

 

"He's out of town," Sierra said. "I'll go with her. I just need to get my bag, and have someone cover for me for the rest of the day."

 

"Okay," the other woman nodded.

 

"Are you going to be okay for a few minutes?" Sierra asked Olivia, "I'm going to go and get my stuff and your bag." Olivia nodded.

 

"All right sweetie, let's wrap your arm up in this, so it doesn't get jostled too much," the nurse said as Sierra stepped out of the room. She grabbed her bag from her classroom and went into the room next door. Sierra found Olivia's back pack, and her desk. And she wrote down the homework assignment on the board, and grabbed her books for her.

 

Once she got back to the office, Sierra talked to Mrs. Duvall, and then went and got Olivia from the nurse's office. "Ready sweetheart?"

 

"Yeah. Can I talk to Dad?" Olivia asked.

 

"We'll call him on the way," Sierra opened the door for Olivia. She helped Olivia get into the car and buckled her seatbelt for her. Sierra got in the front seat and reached back into the backseat for her purse. "Let me get my phone out …" Sierra dug in her purse and found the small phone. She opened it up and turned it on.

 

"Okay …" Sierra made noises as she found his name in the phonebook, "I'll get it dialed, and you can tell him."

 

"K," Olivia said and wiped her cheek. Sierra handed her the phone, careful not to bump her arm that was in the sling. "Daddy …" Olivia wailed when he answered the phone, "I-I - I," she hiccupped and paused. "My arm … I jumped of the swing … and, and it crushed. … uh-huh."

 

Sierra listened to the one-sided conversation as she drove down the road to the hospital. Olivia handed Sierra the phone after a few minutes, "Hey."

 

"Do you need me to come home?" Justin sounded concerned.

 

"She'll be fine," Sierra looked over at Olivia.

 

"Are you sure? I just … God, I wish I was home when things like this happened," he stated.

 

"I know you do, honey," Sierra said sympathetically and looked over her shoulder before switching lanes.

 

"I'm just glad you were there. I miss all of you so much," Justin said.

 

"We miss you too … we're almost to the hospital. I'll call you when we're done." Sierra said, "I love you."

 

"I love you too," Justin smiled, "Give Olivia a big hug for me, when you can."

 

"I will," Sierra said, "bye."

 

"Kisses. Bye." They hung up their phones just as Sierra was pulling into the hospital parking lot. Sierra found a place to park as close to the doors as she could, and helped Olivia out of the car.

 

"Hello," Sierra said to the nurse who was working the emergency desk.

 

"Yes?" She responded and looked at both Sierra and Olivia.

 

"We had an accident on the playground, and I think she may have broken her arm," Sierra explained to the nurse and put her arm around Olivia's shoulders.

 

"Okay," she smiled and picked up some forms, before walking around the desk. "Let me get you to a bed, and I'm going to need you to fill out some forms. What is your name sweetie?"

 

"Olivia Timberlake," the little girl answered and followed her.

 

"How old are you?"

 

"Nine."

 

The nurse wrote some things down on the clipboard and then reached to pull a curtain back. "Have a seat on this bed. And what is your relationship to Olivia?" She asked Sierra.

 

"She's my fiancés daughter. He's out of town right now, so she's staying with me. I teach at the school she goes too," Sierra answered and helped Olivia onto the bed.

 

"Okay. I'm going to need you to fill out these insurance forms, and other information that you can. There's a phone at the desk if you need to call anyone. I'm going to get the doctor." She handed Sierra a clipboard with a few pieces of paper, and then hung the other clipboard off the edge of the bed.

 

"All right," Sierra sat down on the bed next to Olivia. "Let's see what I can answer, before we have to call your Dad again." Olivia smiled up at Sierra. Sierra looked down at the forms and started to fill them out the best she could. Justin had given her Olivia's insurance card before he left, so she was able to get some of the information off of that.

 

"Afternoon," the doctor walked into the open room.

 

"Hello," Sierra smiled at the man, who wasn't that much older then her.

 

"I'm Dr. Richmond," he introduced himself as he picked up the chart on the edge of the bed. "And you must be Olivia," he looked at the little girl next to Sierra after reading the chart. "Let's check out your arm." He asked Olivia several questions while he fussed with her arm. Sierra held Olivia's free hand, and the other girl squeezed whenever something hurt.

 

"I'm going to have you go upstairs for an x-ray," he said, "to find out exactly where the break is, and we'll get a cast on. Someone will be down in a minute to get you, and I'll see you in about 20 minutes."

 

"Are you going to be okay by yourself?" Sierra asked Olivia, "I have a few things I need to call your Dad about."

 

"Yeah," Olivia nodded and bit her lower lip. "I wish he was here." She sniffed.

 

"I know honey," Sierra rubbed her arm. "He'll be home in one week. I want him home too." Someone from the radiology unit came down with a wheelchair for Olivia, and he helped her get in. Sierra kissed her forehead and watched as they went down the hall to the elevator. She walked over to the desk, and picked up the phone to dial Justin's cell phone.

 

She talked to him for a few minutes, and got the answer to her questions. Olivia came back down, and they were at the hospital for another hour and a half. They stopped at the pharmacy to pick up her pain medicine, and then headed to the daycare to pick up Cora and Cameron.

 

"Woah! What happened?" Cora asked excitedly when she saw Olivia's arm in the cast.

 

"I broke my arm," Olivia answered, "and Sissy said we can color on it."

 

"Really?" Cora asked as she climbed into the car.

 

"Yes, but when we get home," Sierra said and put Cameron in his car seat. "Come on girls, buckle up." She closed the back door and got into the drivers seat. "Let's go home and eat dinner, and then maybe we can go and get some ice cream."

 

"Yeah!" Cora cheered from the backseat.

 

"But you have to eat your dinner," Sierra said pointedly.

 

--

 

"So when does your tour end?" Sierra asked. It was a couple of weeks later, and they had been at Justin's house for the day. She set their dirty plates in the sink, and then opened the dishwasher.

 

"June 2nd," Justin answered and picked up the leftover bowls of food from the table. He brought them over to the counter and set them down. "Have you thought about what day you would like to get married?"

 

"Maybe the end of September, or early October," Sierra answered. "There's a lot to do before then, and I don't know how long it takes to plan a wedding." She rinsed the dishes off one by one and placed them in the dishwasher.

 

"K. We'll look at a calendar later," Justin nodded. He found some empty containers in the cabinet and put the leftover food in them. "So I'm going to take Olivia on tour with me."

 

"You're going to do what?" Sierra turned around and looked at him. "I don't think that's a good idea."

 

"I can see that," he turned to look at her. Justin had already hesitated enough about bringing this up with her.

 

"I don't think its right for you to pull her out of school, especially so near the end. She's going to get behind in school, Justin."

 

"She'll have a tutor," Justin put the containers in the fridge. "I always promised myself that if I was going to be gone for more then a month, that she'd come with me. And she is going to come."

 

"I don't know if I agree with that, but-"

 

"But nothing," he was starting to sound mad.

 

"Let me finish Justin," Sierra narrowed her eyes, "Olivia is your daughter, and you know what is best for her. We are always going to disagree on how our kids should be raised, but we have to respect each others decisions. I'm not going to argue with you about this, but I just want you to know how I feel."

 

"Ma!" Cameron yelled and ran into the kitchen. Their conversation was over as soon as his voice rang through the room. He wrapped his arms a round her legs and buried his face in her pants.

 

"What's going on?" Sierra asked and looked down at her son. The girls came running and screaming into the room a few seconds later.

 

"No running," Justin said. "Olivia, you're going to break your other arm." He stopped her before she got any farther. Cora wrapped her arms around Cameron's little body and tried to pull him away. Cameron just wrapped his arms around Sierra tighter.

 

"Someone's going to get hurt," Sierra looked down at the two. "Hey! Come on Cora, let him go." She reached down, but Cora moved away, before Sierra could pull her away. Cameron practically crawled up Sierra's leg, and she pulled him up onto her hip.

 

"What were you guys doing?" Sierra asked.

 

"Just playin'." Cora answered.

 

"Not so rough. Cam isn't as big as you guys."

 

"K," Cora nodded. "Come on Cameron."

 

"Stay," he looked down at Cora and then back at Sierra.

 

"Fine," Cora huffed and then turned around. She grabbed Olivia's hand and pulled her out of the room.

 

Justin watched them leave the room with raised eyebrows. "She's so bossy," He stated when the girls were out of hearing range.

 

"I know," Sierra set Cameron down on the floor.

 

"So Cam, you want to go to a basketball game on Friday?" Justin asked the boy.

 

"Juju, me?"

 

"You and me? Yep, just the two of us," He smiled and looked over at Sierra. "Is that okay?"

 

"Yeah," she nodded. "Let's go look at a calendar and pick a date."

 

"K. Come on big guy," Justin picked Cameron up, and hung him over his shoulder. Cameron giggled as the three of them walked out of the room. They went into the office, where Justin set Cameron back down, and found a calendar.

 

"What day?" He opened the calendar to September.

 

"How about October third?" Sierra asked looking at the faded date at the bottom of the page. Justin flipped the page and wrote 'WEDDING' in the box. He put the cap back on the pen, and stood up straight so he could kiss Sierra on the cheek.

Chapter 15 by Christine
May 2013 

"Hey," Justin wrapped his arms around Sierra. She leaned into him, and her free hand up and down his back. She, Cora, and Cameron were visiting him and Olivia on tour for the weekend. Sierra kissed his cheek. "I missed you."

 

"I missed you too," Sierra smiled as she pulled away.

 

"Juju," Cameron leaned towards him, and Justin pulled him out of Sierra's arms.

 

"He's been asking for you since you guys left town." Sierra rubbed Cameron's head. His brown hair was getting a little long.

 

"You have?"

 

"Miss you," Cameron nodded. "Play?" He asked and pointed to a basketball that was lying on the floor.

 

"Yeah," Justin answered and set him down on the floor. He watched Cameron walk over to the orange ball and pick it up. "There's a hoop outside. Do you want to go with us?"

 

"Where did the girls disappear too?" Sierra didn't answer his question.

 

"There's a room down the hall with video games and other toys down the hall. Mom is probably down there with them."

 

"You're Mom's here?"

 

"Uh-huh. She decided to come out yesterday," he answered. "She said she'd give us some alone time. Ready Cam?" Sierra rolled her eyes at the smirk on his face when he said that.

 

"Yeah. Up." He handed Justin the basketball, and held his arms up in the air. Justin took the ball under one arm, and scooped Cameron up with the other.

 

"You going to play?"

 

"I'll come watch," Sierra answered. She followed the two of them out of the room.

 

"So how was your flight?" Justin asked as they walked down the hall.

 

"How come you don't remember how crappy it is to fly with kids, until you do?" Sierra asked and rubbed her forehead.

 

"Was it that bad?"

 

"This little monster wouldn't sit still the entire time," Sierra poked Cameron's stomach playfully. He giggled. "Cora slept the whole time, which is always nice."

 

"Did you have fun on the plane?"

 

"High in air," Cameron answered.

 

"I'll bet," Justin pushed the heavy door open, and they walked outside. He set Cameron down on the ground, and handed the little boy the basketball. Cameron saw the hoop and ran off in that direction. Both adults watched him approach the hoop.

 

Sierra sat down on the grass that was near the court, and Justin went to play with Cameron. Their "game" pretty much consisted of Justin helping Cameron, and showing him different things.

 

"See, Ma. See!" Cameron yelled. Justin had him up in the arm, and Cameron was holding up the ball. Justin walked closer to the hoop. "Watch."

 

"I'm watching," Sierra nodded. She cheered when he "dunked" the ball with Justin's help. Cora and Olivia came outside with Lynn behind them. Justin got them involved in the game, and Lynn came over to talk to Sierra.

 

"How are you doing?"

 

"I'm good," Sierra answered and started to stand up. "You?"

 

"Fine. It's always fun to come out and visit Justin on tour." Lynn answered, "You look like you could use a nap."

 

"I could. It was a long flight. Cameron didn't sit still once," Sierra smiled. She kept an eye on Justin and the three kids. "I'll just sleep good tonight."

 

"Have you started on the wedding plans at all?"

 

"I've just looked at some magazines, but I don't really know where to begin," Sierra answered.

 

"Well let me know if you need some help."

 

"K," Sierra nodded.

 

--

 

"So how did you like the show?" Justin asked later that night. He and Sierra were getting ready for bed at a hotel.

 

"It was fun," Sierra pulled back the covers on the bed. "Cora and Olivia had a lot of fun together."

 

"Yeah? Olivia's been excited all week about you guys coming out for the weekend," Justin walked into the bathroom and turned the light on. Sierra sat down on the bed, and listened to him move around in the other room. Justin came out after a few minutes and got into bed. "Me and you are going out for dinner tomorrow night."

 

"We are, huh?" Sierra lay down next to him. Justin reached up and turned the lamp off.

 

"Yep," he rolled over onto his side so he could put his arm over her. "Mom is going to take the kids to the movies, and we get to have some fun of our own."

 

"That sounds good," Sierra found his hand that was resting on her stomach and looped her fingers through his. "I've really missed you, Justin. Like really missed you. I didn't think it would be all that bad, and it's only been a month and half. And it's gone fast … but still."

 

"I know how you feel," he said quietly and kissed her forehead. "Just a few more weeks."

 

"Thank God," Sierra closed her eyes and let out a deep breath.

 

"I want you guys to move in with me."

 

"Okay," Sierra mumbled and rolled over to face him.

 

"Are you going to forget that I asked you that in the morning?" He asked her quietly and let go of her hand. He moved that hand and rested it on her bag.

 

"Probably," she smiled against his chest and ran her fingers down the bare skin and stopped at the waistband of his boxers.

 

"I'll ask again in the morning. Night Sierra."

 

"Night J."

 
Chapter 16 by Christine
July 2013 

"Mom has to hold this Cam," Sierra pulled the bottle of bubbles away from him. The two of them were sitting outside in the backyard, and Cameron was making a soapy puddle on the concrete.

 

"No," He reached for the pink bottle again.

 

"Yes," Sierra said seriously, "or we can put it away."

 

"No." Sierra lowered the small bottle back to his level. Cameron huffed and put the wand in the bottle and pulled it back out. Some of the soap ran down his arm, and onto the patio, as he lifted it to his mouth. A couple of bubbles were blown before he reached towards the bottle again.

 

"Hey," Justin smiled and pulled the sliding door closed behind him. "I let myself in."

 

"You always do," Sierra smiled over Cameron's squeal of 'JuJu!'

 

"Hey big guy, whatcha got there?" Justin gave Sierra a quick peck on the lips as he bent over to talk to Cameron.

 

"Ubbles," Cameron showed him the soapy wand. "See-" he held the wand up to his mouth and blew. A drop of soap fell to the ground.

 

"That's great," Justin sat on the bench next to Sierra. "Can I play?" Cameron nodded and handed Justin the bubble wand. Justin grabbed the bottle of soap from Sierra and dipped it in. Cameron watched with eager eyes as a stream of bubbles came through. "Cool …" Justin giggled along with Cameron.

 

"Are the girls back yet?" He asked.

 

"You're Mom just called and she's going to keep them for the night," Sierra answered.

 

"Ooo … la, la."

 

"Ooo … nothing. We've still got one here, and you're going to help me go through my kitchen and figure out what you have, that I don't need to move." Sierra patted his knee.

 

"That's not fun," Justin shook his head at Cameron.

 

"No fun," Cameron repeated and giggled. He grabbed the bubble wand from Justin, and dunked it into the container. Cameron blew a couple before handing it back to Justin. "You."

 

"Okay, I'll do it." Justin blew the bubbles for Cameron, while he chased them around the patio and onto the grass.

 

"I'm going to go inside and start dinner," Sierra stood up.

 

"We'll be in, in a little bit," Justin smiled at her as she disappeared inside.

 

--

 

"What furniture did you want to move?" Justin asked Sierra later that night. He was sitting at the kitchen table, while she sorted through the cabinets. Cameron had been put to bed an hour before and was hopefully sound asleep.

 

"The dining room set that was Aunt Carrah's and the bedroom set in my Mom's room, and then Cameron and Cora's stuff. Everything else can be sold. Crap … I don't know what to get rid of," Sierra sighed and sat back on the floor.

 

"We have too much stuff between the two of us," Justin said, "just get rid of all this stuff. If there is something you must have we can go buy it."

 

"I just hate to do that. It seems like such a waste, but I'm sure someone will buy it." Sierra stood up and moved to sit down next to Justin at the table.

 

"So you're having the garage sale next Saturday?"

 

"The moving sale? Yes," Sierra corrected him with a grin. Justin rolled his eyes. "Will you come and help?"

 

"That could be a disaster in the making," Justin cringed. "I'll think about it. I could get Cameron and Cora out of your hair, and maybe my Mom could come. She loves that kind of stuff."

 

"That'd be nice. I'll ask her tomorrow then. Do you think we could get some stuff moved to your house before then?"

 

"Whatever you want to do Sierra. So is there anything else you want me to help you with tonight?" Justin asked.

 

"What did you help me do tonight?"

 

"I just told you to sell everything in this kitchen, so we don't have to sit here all night, and remember what I have that you also have. So let's do something." As he said this he stood up and grabbed her hands which were resting on her lap.

 

"And what do you suggest we do?" Sierra squeezed his hands.

 

"Well there are lots of things," Justin pulled her off the seat and up against his chest. "We could sit, watch TV, listen to music, talk, cuddle … or my personal favorite make out." He kissed her.

 

--

 

Sierra sat up on her elbows when she heard a giggle. She saw Cameron's head at the foot of the bed, and felt the bed shift as he climbed up. Cameron crawled over to where she and Justin were laying.

 

"How'd you get out of your crib?" She asked him. He didn't say anything, but looked over at Justin as the older man rolled onto his back with a mumble. Cameron leaned over him and put a hand on his chest before leaning in closer to his face.

 

"Hi," the little boy smiled at Justin.

 

"Hey buddy," Justin rubbed his face tiredly and opened his eyes. "Did you sleep good?" Cameron nodded and moved so he was lying on Justin's chest. Justin wrapped his arms around the little boy in a hug.

 

"Are you sleepy?" Sierra asked and put a hand on his back.

 

"No," Cameron shook his head.

 

"Are you hungry?"

 

"Yeah," Cameron answered quietly.

 

"Okay. I'll go make you boys some breakfast," Sierra kissed both boys on the head and sat all the way up. She kicked the blankets off of her legs and stood up before straightening the t-shirt and pajama pants she was wearing.

 

"Did you climb out of your crib?" Sierra heard Justin ask Cameron. He answered with a 'yes' and a giggle.

 

Sierra made her way down the stairs and into the kitchen. She found some stuff in the pantry to make pancakes and got started on that.

 

Justin and Cameron came into the kitchen fully dressed and ready for the day almost thirty minutes later. Sierra had already set the table and was putting the rest of the pancakes on a plate.

 

Cameron climbed onto his chair that had a booster seat resting on it, and slapped his hands down on the table.

 

"Do you need to be changed?" Sierra asked Cameron before she sat down on the table.

 

"I already did," Justin answered for Cameron.

 

"You?" Sierra sounded shocked, "you … Justin, changed a diaper?"

 

"Yes. Why are you so surprised?" He sounded hurt.

 

"Because I am, you always pass him off to me … and I'm just shocked." Sierra answered and poured some orange juice into a sippy cup for Cameron. "Thank you."

 

"That's not my first time ya know? I did it when we went to the basketball game back in February." He grabbed four of the pancakes off of the serving plate and put them on his.

 

"Justin," Sierra said.

 

"Hmm?" He asked and looked over at her.

 

"Be quiet," she winked and put a pancake on Cameron's plate. Justin rolled his eyes and turned the syrup container all the way over. Sierra cut Cameron's food for him, and grabbed the syrup bottle from Justin before he poured all of the sticky substance on his. "You're going to have a sugar high, with that much syrup."

 

Sierra put a little bit of the syrup on Cameron's pancakes before fixing a plate for herself. Justin and Cameron goofed off through the whole meal and made a mess of the table. Sierra left Justin to pick up the kitchen and Cameron, since he instigated most of the mess.

 

Sierra was coming down the stairs when she heard a knock on the front door, and Cora and Olivia giggling on the other side. She unlocked the front door and pulled it open.

 

"Good mornin'," Sierra grinned at the three on the porch. "Come on in. Did you girls have a good time?"

 

"Yeah," Cora answered as Sierra kissed her forehead.

 

Sierra kissed Olivia's forehead too.

 

"Did you guys get a lot done last night?" Lynn asked as she followed the girls in.

 

"Justin some how persuaded me to just sell what's in the kitchen," Sierra shrugged.

 

"That seems to be his attitude. So where is he?"

 

"He and Cameron decided to make a mess in the kitchen during breakfast. So he gets to clean. Put your dirty clothes in the laundry Cora, I have to do wash today. And you need to start packing what you want to move. If there is anything you don't want put it to the side and we'll sell it next weekend."

 

"K." Cora said and headed for the stairs.

 

"Do it now," Sierra said.

 

"I will," Cora said and disappeared into her room. Sierra went into the kitchen where Olivia and Lynn had disappeared.

 

"Before I forget, Lynn," Sierra said. "Do you think you could come on Saturday and help?"

 

"I can't," Lynn answered. "I'm going back to Tennessee on Wednesday. I'm sorry. Why don't you help her Justin?"

 

"He's afraid there's going to be a mob of people once someone sees him here," Sierra answered for him.

 

"I am not," Justin scowled and turned back to the sink. "I'm going to take Cora and Cameron for you."

 

"I know and I thank you," Sierra reached over and squeezed his arm. "I love you." She kissed his cheek. "I'll see if I can find someone from work. If not I'll be fine."

 

"Well I'm going to go," Lynn said, "I'll talk to you guys soon."

 

"Okay," Sierra smiled. She and Justin said good-bye to his Mom. Justin finished cleaning up the kitchen while Sierra went upstairs to check on Cora.

 

--

 

"You have a nice day," Sierra said to the older woman who had just bought a couple of the pots and pans from her kitchen. She put the money into the metal box she was using that day for the moving sale.

 

"You too," The older woman nodded as she walked out of the house. Sierra looked around the house, and watched the other people who were looking around. There had been a steady stream of people all morning, and she was glad for that.

 

She had spent the week back and forth between her house and Justin's house, and was looking forward to not having to do that much longer. Justin had hired some men to come and move the dining room furniture and the furniture that they were taking from the upstairs to his house. Everything else had been packed and moved to his house as well. The night before was the first night for her, Cora, and Cameron to sleep there as not just guests.

 

"Halley?" Sierra asked surprised to see the other girl walk in the front door.

 

"Yeah," she answered with a smile recognizing Sierra right away.

 

"God, it's been forever," Sierra smiled and stood up. She wrapped her arms around her old friend. "What are you doing back in Florida?"

 

"Well I got a job down here, and I'm getting my masters at UCF," Halley answered. "I saw the ad in the paper for the sale, and I recognized the address, so I thought I'd come and check it out."

 

"Well I'm glad you did." Sierra sat back down and smiled at the person who walked up to the table she was sitting at. Halley stepped out of the way and Sierra looked at the things he was buying and told him how much. She collected his money and put it away as he walked out the door.

 

"So where are you moving? That you are selling everything." Halley asked she found a chair and pulled it over to Sierra so she could sit down.

 

"I'm moving in with my fiancé," Sierra answered.

 

"Really? Let me see your ring," Halley reached for Sierra's left hand. "It's so pretty." She looked at the small diamond.

 

"He has very good taste," Sierra smiled and pulled her hand away.

 

"So where is your Mom?" Halley asked and looked around expecting to see the older woman.

 

"Oh man," Sierra covered her mouth in shock, "you moved way before she … Halley, Mom died three years ago from cancer. I tried to call you but the phone was disconnected."

 

"Oh Si, I wish I had known," Halley leaned over and gave her a hug. "Does your aunt still live next door?"

 

"Well," Sierra bit her bottom lip, "she passed away in November."

 

"Good God," Halley said, "I'm so sorry to hear all of that." She smiled sadly and sat back in the chair. "How are you doing all by yourself … well I guess you aren't all by yourself with that ring, bit still …"

 

A couple more people came up to pay for what they were buying and Sierra took care of them before turning back to look at Halley.

 

"You also haven't been around to meet my little sister and son, so I haven't been completely alone ever." Sierra smiled.

 

"Your sister and son?" Halley was shocked.

 

"I know, I know. You've missed a whole lot," Sierra smiled at her friend's expression.

End Notes:

Random: Watching old *NSYNC footage is fun ... it's weird knowing NSA is eight years old.

Anywho ... thanks for reading. :D

Chapter 17 by Christine

"What are we doing today?" Justin asked as he sat down on the edge of the bed. Sierra stepped out of the bathroom, with a towel wrapped around her, and he watched her walk over to her dresser.

 

"We are going to look at places for the wedding," Sierra answered and pulled out clothes to wear for the day.

 

"Ugh," he flopped back on the bed. "That's no fun."

 

"Well you're going," she walked back into the bathroom to get dressed.

 

"What about the kids?"

 

"Halley's coming."

 

"Halley?" He sounded confused.

 

"You met her the other night, Justin." Sierra didn't say anything else while she finished getting ready for the day. When she came back out of the bathroom, Justin was still lying on the bed. "Quit pouting. You are going to go and you're going to have fun."

 

"I don't want to go. Why can't Halley go with you and I can stay home with the kids."

 

"Justin," Sierra put her hands on her hips and stared down at him. "I want you to help me with this, not Halley, not your mother, not anyone else."

 

"I don't care," he whined.

 

"Fine," Sierra huffed, "we'll get married behind the McDonald's down the street." She said and walked out of the room.

 

"Oh, come on, Sierra," Justin yelled as he stood up. "Don't be like that." He followed her down the hallway and into the kitchen. "I didn't mean it like that." He watched her slam a cabinet door and walk over to the pantry.

 

"How can you not care, Justin?" Sierra slammed a box of cereal and a plastic bowl on the counter. "It's our wedding day …"

 

"I didn't mean it that way, and you know that," he leaned against the counter.

 

"Sissy?" Cora stuck her head in the room.

 

"What?" Sierra turned around.

 

"Cameron's crying," Cora answered and disappeared out of the doorway.

 

"I want your help with things Justin. It's like you moved me in here, just to take care of you, Olivia, and the house. You don't do anything Justin," Sierra started for the door, "and the one time I ask you for your help you whine about it." She left the kitchen to go get Cameron.

 

Justin shook his head and walked over to the pantry to get out a different box of cereal. He fixed himself a bowl, and put out an extra bowl for when Olivia came into the kitchen. He sat down at the counter, and smiled at Olivia when she climbed up on the stool next to him.

 

"Morning sweetheart," Justin said and put another spoonful of cereal in his mouth.

 

"Is Sierra gonna leave us?" Olivia asked quietly as she fixed a bowl of cereal for herself.

 

"What kind of question is that?" Justin asked surprised. "She's not going anywhere honey, she's just in a grouchy mood today." He rubbed her back and left his hand there while they ate their cereal.

 

Sierra came back into the kitchen several minutes later, with Cameron resting on her hip and Cora following behind her. The five of them ate breakfast, with only the kids talking. Justin disappeared into the bedroom to get dressed, and Sierra picked up the kitchen.

 

The doorbell rang when Sierra was turning the TV on so Cameron could watch cartoons. She got him settled on the couch, and walked into the foyer to answer the door.

 

"Come on in," Sierra smiled and pulled the door open farther for Halley to come in. "Thanks for coming."

 

"Not a problem," Halley smiled and took in her surroundings.

 

"Did you find it okay?"

 

"Uh-huh," Halley nodded and set her purse down on the table in the entry.

 

"Let me show you around real quick," Sierra said and then pointed to a door under the stairs. "There's a bathroom there."

 

"Morning Halley," Justin said as he walked past the two and sat down on the couch next to Cameron.

 

"Hi," Halley smiled at him and then looked at Sierra as she followed her into the kitchen. "Is everything okay?" She asked her quietly noticing the tension in the air.

 

"Nothing that we won't work out," Sierra flashed a tight smile. "There is juice and water in the fridge if they need something to drink. Glasses are in here, and there are crackers in the pantry for a snack. Cameron's sippy cup is right here." She picked up the plastic cup and set it back on the counter. "And there is stuff to make sandwiches for lunch and some chips in the pantry too."

 

"Okay," Halley nodded.

 

"Let's go upstairs real fast," Sierra took her up the stairs in the kitchen and showed her around there real fast. The girls were upstairs and Sierra introduced Halley to Olivia and Cora again, and then they went back downstairs. "Let's go Justin."

 

"Cameron," Sierra picked up the little boy, disrupting him from his TV watching. "This is Halley, she was here the other day do you remember her?" Cameron nodded and smiled at Halley. "She's going to stay with you while Justin and I go out. Okay?"

 

"K," Cameron responded. Sierra kissed his head and set him back down on the couch.

 

"We should be back around 3:30 or 4," Sierra said to Halley.

 

"Alright. You guys have a good time," Halley smiled and followed Justin and Sierra into the kitchen. Sierra picked up her purse from the counter, and Justin grabbed his wallet and keys. They said 'bye' to the girls, who had come back downstairs, and then headed out into the garage.

 

"Can we talk about earlier?" Justin asked several minutes down the road. He looked over at her quickly, and reached to turn the radio down.

 

"Yeah," Sierra nodded and looked over at him. "Sorry for getting so mad. I just want you to help me with it Justin. It's your day too, and I want to know what you like and don't like. Can you just do that for me?"

 

"Uh-huh," Justin nodded and glanced over at her again. "I want you to be happy too, and I didn't ask you to move in to do everything for me. And I'm sorry I made you feel that way."

 

"I'm sorry I yelled at you," Sierra smiled sincerely.

 

"Friends?" Justin asked with a grin. Sierra rolled her eyes, and leaned over to kiss his cheek while the car was stopped at a stop light.

 

--

 

"Justin …" Sierra's eyes lit up when they walked inside a bed and breakfast later that day. It was their last stop, on Sierra's list of places to visit. She was already holding onto his right hand, and reached over to grab onto his arm with the other.

 

"What?" He grinned at the look on her face.

 

"I love this," Sierra looked around the entry.

 

"Hi," an older woman walked into the room. "You must be Sierra and Justin, I'm Erin."

 

"Yeah. Thanks for seeing us. This place is beautiful," Sierra said.

 

"Let me show you around," Erin said. "You had mentioned October 3rd, and you're lucky because that date just opened up. We had someone cancel. All right the main spaces are downstairs, and upstairs we have five guestrooms." She showed them upstairs and downstairs and then took them outside.

 

"Most of the ceremonies are done outside," she said, "and some people will do it indoors too. Whatever the bride and groom want, we try to accommodate. How many people were you planning on inviting?"

 

"We haven't even talked about that. I was thinking no more than 75, because I don't know a whole lot of people." Sierra answered and looked over at Justin who just shrugged. "And he's no help." Sierra smiled at Justin when she said this.

 

"I can keep it under that number," he answered. His eyes traveled around the yard of the Bed and Breakfast, and then looked down at Sierra again.

 

"Well if you guys are interested at all, I am going to need you to put down a deposit to reserve the date." Erin said.

 

"Okay," Sierra said and looked at Justin. "What do you think?"

 

"How much?" Justin asked Erin. He could tell that Sierra really liked the place.

 

"One-thousand.," Erin answered. "Let's go inside and I'll get the papers." She led them back inside and left them at the dining room table, while she went into another room.

 

"Thank you," Sierra said to Justin.

 

"I know you like it. So is this where you want to have the wedding?" He asked her and sat down at the table.

 

"Yeah," Sierra nodded and sat down next to him. "It's so pretty, and imagine it in the fall. The yard will be gorgeous."

 

"Okay," Erin came back into the room and set a piece of paper in front of them and a pen. "If you want to book it, I'll need to know by the end of the month."

 

"And if I know now, that I want to have it here?" Sierra asked.

 

"That's fine too," She smiled. "So we'll have lots of things to talk about in the coming months."

 

"Well what do we need to do?" Justin asked. Erin explained everything they needed them to do, and her standard procedures regarding weddings. They chatted with her for another hour, Justin wrote a check, and they headed home.

 

"Thank you for coming today," Sierra said when they were in the car on their way home.

 

"Thank you for making me come," Justin grinned and reached over and took her hand in his.

 

"Are you happy with the bed and breakfast?" Sierra asked.

 

"If you're happy, I'm happy," he smiled. "But you know what? I liked that place the best too."

 

--

 

Sierra sat up and looked around the dark bedroom when she heard the ear piercing scream from upstairs. Justin didn't even flinch when he jumped out of their bed and ran out of the room. He yelled "Olivia" as he went up the stairs.

 

She climbed out of bed when she heard Cameron crying from his room. Sierra headed up the stairs and checked on Cora first, who was still asleep, and then went into Cameron's room. He was sitting up in his bed crying.

 

"Its okay baby," Sierra picked him up and got him to calm down, before putting him back to bed.

 

When she went into Olivia's room, Justin was sitting on her bed with Olivia curled up on his lap. Justin was rubbing her back and talking to her quietly.

 

"She okay?" She asked quietly.

 

"Yeah," Justin nodded, "go back to bed. I'm going to stay up here a little longer." Sierra smiled softly and then turned to leave. She went back downstairs and fell asleep before Justin came down.

 

When Sierra woke up the next morning, Justin wasn't sleeping next to her. She went back up to Olivia's room where Justin and Olivia were sound asleep in her bed. The little girl was still holding onto him tightly in her sleep, and Justin looked just as comfortable as she did. Sierra let them sleep, and went back downstairs to eat breakfast.

 

"What was her dream about?" Sierra asked Justin later that morning. The two of them were in their bedroom getting ready for the day. She was standing in the bathroom doorway and Justin sat on the bed.

 

"I don't know," Justin shrugged, "she doesn't like to talk about them. Come here." He patted the bed next to him. Sierra sat down next to him. "I never told you why she was put up for adoption, did I?"

 

Sierra shook her head no.

 

"Both of her parents were abusive, and I think in her dreams she remembers. I know she was really young, but I truly believe that." He looked over at her and wiped his eyes. Sierra put an arm around his back and rubbed her hand up and down. "Olivia had an older brother and sister, and she wasn't the one that was hit. But I can just see her, watching it with her little eyes.

 

"I don't think she remembers exactly everything that happened, but it's in the back of her mind. I think it causes her to have nightmares." Justin explained.

 

"How often does she have them, since this is the first time I've been here for one," Sierra asked.

 

"Maybe two or three times a year," he shrugged.

 

She nodded, "do you ever wonder about her brother and sister?"

 

"Yeah, if I remember correctly he'd be … nineteen now and she would be seventeen." Justin calculated it in his head.

 

"Does Olivia know that she has a brother and sister?"

 

"Yeah," he nodded. "And she knows that if she ever wanted to meet them, I'd help her out with that. I'm sure they would like to know about their baby sister too, and if they ever wanted to meet her, I wouldn't stop them, but it would be her decision."

 

"You are a good Dad, Justin." Sierra grabbed his hand and squeezed it.

 

"Am I?" He sounded unsure of himself as he asked this and looked over at her.

 

"Don't doubt yourself sweetie," Sierra bumped his shoulder with hers. "You've done a wonderful job for seven years, and you have many more to go."

 

"You know what?" He smiled.

 

"What?" She smiled too.

 

"I'm glad I have you with me for the rest of those years." Justin turned his head so he could kiss her.

Chapter 18 by Christine
August 2013 

 

Sierra sat down on the bed and adjusted the pillows that were against the headboard so she could lean back. After she turned the TV on, she settled back against them to watch Justin on The Tonight Show. He came out thirty minutes into the show, and she watched him on the screen as he sat down on the chair next to the desk.

 

"Rumor has it that you are getting married," Jay stated well into the interview.

 

"That's true," Justin nodded and smiled at the camera.

 

"Aren't you going to share anymore?"

 

"She's great and I love her," Justin smirked. He watched as the other man grabbed something and held it up to the camera. Justin's eyes widened at the picture that flashed in front of his face. It was of him, Sierra, and the three kids heading out to the beach a few weeks before.

 

Sierra's face held the same reaction as the camera focused in on the glossy image.

 

"Well that is certainly new," Justin reached for the picture and held it in his hands as he looked at it. He smiled at the image they made, their own little family.

 

"So who is everyone?"

 

"Mmm …" Justin thought about how he was going to answer that question. "Obviously my fiancé, Sierra, my daughter, Olivia, and Sierra's sister and son."

 

Sierra breathed out a sigh of relief and was glad that Justin hadn't mentioned Cameron or Cora's names.

 

--

 

"Are you okay with your name being out there?" Justin asked Sierra over the phone the next day.

 

"That's fine," Sierra said and sat down at the kitchen table with Cameron. "I'm just surprised that it took a year and a half for that to happen. Thank you for not saying Cora and Cameron's names."

 

"You're welcome," Justin said softly. "So how is everything going today?"

 

"It's fine. Cameron is coloring right now and the girls are playing in the backyard," Sierra answered. "Do you want to talk to Olivia?"

 

"Sure," Justin nodded. Sierra stood up and walked to the back door. She pulled it open and stepped outside to call for Olivia. The little girl came running and grabbed the phone from her, before taking off into the living room chatting to her Dad.

 

When she was finished talking, Olivia gave the phone back to Sierra and went back outside. Sierra and Justin talked on the phone for a few more minutes, and then said their good-byes.

 

"All right Cameron let's go outside with the girls." Sierra picked the little boy up and set him down on the ground to walk outside with him. They walked out to the swing set and Sierra picked him up to put him in his swing so she could push him.

 

--

 

"Potty, Mommy," Cameron tugged on her hand.

 

"We'll go in a second," Sierra pulled him closer to her side and pushed the stroller with one hand. The two of them were at the mall getting some new clothes for him, since he had grown so much. "We need to get to the bathroom first."

 

They found the nearest bathroom, and Sierra helped him until he insisted on doing everything by himself, like Justin.

 

"Okay, okay," Sierra stepped back and left him alone. She had been very grateful to Justin when she had decided that it was time to get Cameron out of diapers since Justin had helped out a lot with the whole process.

 

"Done," he announced loudly.

 

"K," Sierra flushed the toilet and then led him out of the stall and to a sink. She lifted him up and helped him wash and dry his hands.

 

"Go see Justin," Cameron clapped his hands a couple of times as she set him on the ground.

 

"Not right now, we need to finish shopping," Sierra said. "We'll see him in a little bit."

 

"Now?"

 

"One hour," Sierra answered and put her back against the door so she could push it open and get the stroller out. Cameron followed her and grabbed onto the stroller's handle as they walked down the hall back to the shops.

 

When she drove into the driveway, an hour later, Cameron was sound asleep in his car seat. Justin was in the driveway playing basketball and moved out of the way so she could park her car.

 

"Hello," Justin smiled when he opened the door for her.

 

"Hi sweetie," Sierra pulled herself out of the car and gave him a quick kiss. "Where are the girls?"

 

"Inside. Do you want me to take him in?" He asked when he saw Cameron asleep in his seat.

 

"Yes please," Sierra smiled and grabbed the shopping bags from the trunk. Justin got Cameron out of his seat, and they went inside together. Justin took Cameron upstairs to his room and laid him down for a nap. He went back downstairs and into the kitchen.

 

Sierra was standing at the table cutting the tags off of the items she bought for Cameron and folded them neatly.

 

"How was shopping?" Justin sat down at the table.

 

"It was fine; the mall was busy as always." Sierra said. "But I got what I wanted to get Cameron."

 

"What should we do for dinner?" Justin asked.

 

"Whatever you're making," She looked at him and grinned. Justin rolled his eyes and didn't move from his seat. "I've been thinking …" Sierra started.

 

"About what?" Justin asked.

 

"Moving," she answered.

 

"Really?" He sounded surprised, "I've been thinking about that too. I love this house, because I've had it forever, but I want us to have our own place."

 

"What about moving to Tennessee?" Sierra bit her bottom lip as she asked this.

 

"Seriously?"

 

"I love it here and all, but I need a change of pace." She pulled out the chair next to him and sat down. "We could be closer to your family, and I just … I think it would be a nice place to live and raise the girls and Cameron."

 

"Well let's do it then," Justin reached for her hand and squeezed it. "Next time we're up there we can look into buying land and talk to an architect or something. I'll start looking some stuff up. Wow … when would you want to move?"

 

"Next summer, so I don't have to worry about the school finding a replacement teacher so late in the summer. Plus there is too much going on right now to add that into the mix."

 

"So we're going to move?" He asked and she nodded. "Mom will be so happy."

 

"I'm sure she will," Sierra chuckled and squeezed his hand before dropping it. She stood up and picked up the stack of clothes sitting on the table. "Get started on dinner."

 

"I will," Justin said as she walked out of the kitchen.

Chapter 19 by Christine
August 2013 

“Justin this is Michael Shultz,” Sierra introduced him to the caterer.

 

“How ya doin’?” Justin asked the man as he shook his head.

 

“Good,” he answered. “You guys are here to try some entrees and look at cakes right?”

 

“Yes,” Sierra nodded.

 

“Follow me and we’ll get started.” He led them through another doorway and into a room that had a few tables set up.

 

“Go ahead and have a seat. I’m going to bring out the three entrées Sierra had wanted to try.” Sierra and Justin sat down at the round table and Michael disappeared into the kitchen.

 

“What did you pick?” Justin asked her.

 

“Chicken Parmagiana, some sort of steak and another chicken dish.” She answered and Justin nodded.

 

They sat quietly for a few minutes until Michael came back into the room. He was pushing a cart with three plates and different wines on it. Michael set the dishes on the table in front of them as well as the glasses.

 

“All right, this is the chicken parmagiana, beef steak with brown rice and vegetables, and the grilled chicken breast with potatoes.” He pointed to each entrée as he said this. He picked up two forks and knives and set them down in front of each of them.

 

“Looks good,” Justin smiled. “How does this work?”

 

“Just take a couple of bites of each entrée and pick which one you like the best,” Michael explained. “Each of these wines goes with a certain dish.” He poured one of the wines into two of the glasses, and then did the two with the other wines. He talked about a few more things and then left them to taste the food.

 

“This is good,” Justin said and pointed his fork at the dish with the steak resting on it. “I like this one. Did you try this yet?”

 

“Not yet,” Sierra shook her head.

 

“Here,” Justin cut off a piece of the meat for her and held it up. She took the bite.

 

“That is good,” she nodded after she had swallowed the meat. “Try the other stuff, and whatever you want we’ll have.”

 

“Really? I want this then,” Justin grinned.

 

“Are you sure you don’t want to try the other stuff?”

 

“Yes.”

 

“Okay.” Sierra said. Michael came in a few minutes later with another tray, this one with pieces of cake, and a thick binder resting on it. He set the plates of cake down on the table and moved the other dishes out of the way as well.

 

“Did you guys decide?” He asked.

 

“The steak,” Justin answered.

 

“Good, good,” Michael nodded. “These are the different types of cakes we offer.” He explained what each one was and their options regarding them. “We have several different cakes to choose from here, or we can design one.”

 

“Cool,” Sierra grinned and opened up the binder he set down. She started to flip through the pictures. They were at the caterers for another hour before they decided on a three tiered vanilla and chocolate cake, and a chocolate groom’s cake.

 

“Where to next?” Justin asked as they got into the car.

 

“Home,” Sierra answered and yawned. She put her seat belt on and leaned back in the seat.

 

“Tired?”

 

“Yeah, and we didn’t even do that much today. I hope the kids go to bed early tonight.”

 

“I wouldn’t count on it, because it’s a Saturday.”

 

“Mmm … don’t tell me that,” Sierra smiled as she closed her eyes.

 

--

 

“See-air-uh!” Justin yelled.

 

“Jus-tin!” Sierra’s voice echoed his. She walked towards the office where his voice had come from.

 

“Come here,” Justin waved her over to the desk where he was sitting. He scooted back from the desk and patted his knee. Sierra sat down on his lap. “Look at this.”

 

“What?” Sierra looked at the computer screen where he was pointing. “Pretty.” She stated as her eyes traveled over the tree covered photo. “Where is that?”

 

“It’s right near my parents, fifty acres for sale.”

 

“Do we need that much land though? I was only thinking we’d get a couple of acres,” Sierra said. She watched as Justin scrolled down the screen.

 

“Look here …,” he pointed to the screen. “They’ll sell it in parts, 10 acres or more.”

 

“That’s more reasonable,” Sierra read the screen. “Still a lot, but still …”

 

“Should I call them and maybe we can go check it out when we are there next week?” Justin asked her and wrapped his arm around her waist.

 

“Let’s do that. Have you found anything else?” She asked and leaned back against him.

 

“A little bit, this was the best deal though. It’s around $4,000 an acre.” Justin answered.

 

“That’s going to be a lot of money.”

 

“Sierra,” He turned a little so he could look her in the eyes and she turned her head to look at him. “Don’t worry about it. I’ve told you that before.”

 

“I know,” she sighed. “I’m always going to be like this though.”

 

“We’ll work on it then,” Justin poked her side. “Seriously though, we are getting married and I’m going to take care of you and Cora and Cameron. You don’t even have to work if you don’t want to.”

 

“But I want to,” Sierra said.

 

“I know that,” Justin smiled and kissed her. He saw Cameron over her shoulder, standing in the doorway. Sierra noticed him looking in that direction, and turned around.

 

“What’s up Cam?” Sierra asked softly as he walked into the room.

 

“I’m thirsty,” he answered quietly and put his hand on her knee.

 

“Do you want some water?” She stood up.

 

“Can I have juice?” Cameron looked up at her.

 

“Yeah, let’s go get you some juice.” Sierra answered him. Cameron held his arms up in the air, so she would pick him up. She bent over and picked him up. He settled in her arms and rested his head on her shoulder. “Are you tired?”

 

“Uh-huh,” Cameron nodded and wrapped his arms around her, the best he could. They went into the kitchen and Sierra poured him a cup of juice. She handed him the cup and he took a small sip.

 

“Better?”

 

“Mm-hmm,” Cameron nodded and took another sip.

 

“Do you want to go lay down?”

 

“No.” He shook his head, “Stay with you.”

 

--

 

“Sweetie?” Justin asked quietly.

 

“Yeah?” Sierra answered quietly, and moved so she could put her leg over his. She rubbed her fingers over his chest.

 

“I want to have babies with you,” he put his hand on her bare back.

 

“Babies huh?” Sierra moved again this time so she was lying on top of him.

 

“Lots and lots,” Justin wrapped his arms around her, and put his hands on her lower back.

 

“No more than three.”

 

“Three?”

 

“We’re already raising three. I could have said one,” Sierra teased him. She brushed her lips over his and rubbed up against him. “And when do you want to have these babies?” She kissed him again.

 

“Whenever you do,” Justin answered after she pulled away. He ran one hand up her back and into her hair.

 

“Now,” she answered and moved to kiss his neck.

 

“Now?” Justin sounded surprised and pulled away from her a little bit. “We aren’t even married yet.”

 

“We will be in less then two months,” Sierra said.

 

“People will know that we-”

 

“Shut up,” Sierra cut him off and kissed him. “I don’t care what people say about that, and since when did you? Hmm … I want to have a baby with you too,” She kissed him again. “So?”

 

“I just thought that you would want to wait until after.”

 

“It will be after,” she said, “and besides it could take a few months anyway.”

 

“I know, I know,” Justin said and put his hands back on her back. He yawned, “What time is it?”

 

“Mmm …” Sierra turned her head to look at the clock. Justin let out a puff of air when a piece of her hair fell in his face. “1:30.” Sierra answered as she looked back at him. “Are you tired?”

 

“A little bit,” Justin nodded.

 

“Want to go to sleep?” Sierra asked hoping that he would say ‘no.’

 

“Not really,” Justin pulled her closer to him and kissed her.

Chapter 20 by Christine
Chapter 20 August 2013 

“All right, this must be it,” Justin pulled the car off to the side of the road and onto a short dirt road. He parked the truck and unbuckled his seatbelt.

 

“It sure is pretty,” Sierra said and looked out the window. They got out of the car and stood next to it.

 

“Mr. Matthews should be here soon,” Justin said at the same moment a blue truck pulled up behind them. The older man got out of his vehicle.

 

“You must be Justin and Sierra,” he held out his hand for them to shake.

 

“Thanks for meeting with us on such short notice,” Justin said.

 

“Not a problem,” Mr. Matthew’s smiled. “Let me show you around a bit, even though there isn’t a whole lot. We just have a trail going through here, and it’s mostly used during hunting season.”

 

“Why are you selling it?” Sierra asked as they followed him down the dirt path.

 

“It’s too much land for just me and my wife, and our kids don’t want it. So we decided to sell it.” He answered.

 

“That’s too bad,” Sierra said sympathetically as they followed him down the trail.

 

“It’s been in the family for years and it’s going to be sad to see it go, but I hope that it goes to someone who will build a house and raise a family on the land, like we did.”

 

“That’s exactly why we are looking for land out here. I grew up about fifteen minutes away from here, and it’s the perfect place.” Justin reached for Sierra’s hand who was walking behind him.

 

“Well what did you guys think?” Mr. Matthews asked after they had walked through the tree covered grounds.

 

“I love it,” Sierra looked at Justin.

 

“I do too,” He said.

 

“Do you want to talk it over and let me know in a day or two?” He asked, “I have a few other people who are interested, and it’ll probably go fast if I don’t know soon.”

 

“Hmm …” Sierra glanced at Justin for a second before she spoke. “Justin mentioned you would sell it in parts.”

 

“Yeah, it has to be at least ten acres though.”

 

“Okay, what do you think J?” Sierra asked him.

 

“It’s up to you,” he shrugged.

 

“You’re no help, ever,” Sierra pinched his side and he reached for her hand with a smile.

 

“I have a site map with the acreage marked off, if you’d like to look at that.”

 

“That would be great.”

 

Mr. Matthew’s got the site plan out of his truck, and laid it out on the hood. Sierra and Justin decided on twenty around the area they had walked through. They went back to the older mans house so Justin could sign some papers and wrote a check for the down payment.

 

--

 September 2013 

“Hey,” Sierra yawned as she stepped into the kitchen. “What time did you get here?” She asked Lynn.

 

“Six,” Lynn answered and poured some water into a mixing bowl.

 

“I didn’t hear you come in,” Sierra poured herself a glass of orange juice. “Do you need some help?”

 

“No, no. You just sit. You’ve got a busy day ahead of you.” Lynn turned her offer down. “Are you excited about the new year?”

 

“Definitely. I’m excited about meeting a whole new group of kids and being with them everyday. And it will be nice to see my students from last year, too.” Sierra watched Lynn move around the kitchen. “And I’m happy that Cora will be at the same school. Less driving around in the morning.”

 

“Is Justin going to watch Cameron during the day? Or is he still going to be in daycare?”

 

“He’ll be in daycare one or two days a week. I want him to have interaction with kids his age. Plus, I don’t expect Justin to watch him all the time anyway, I know he has things he needs to do.” Sierra sat down at the counter.

 

“Mmhmm,” Lynn hummed under her breath. “I’m glad you guys decided to move to Tennessee. It will be less back and forth for me.”

 

“Yeah,” Sierra chuckled. “I’m happy about it too. I think it will be a nice change of pace, plus it will be nice to be by everyone, especially for the kids.”

 

“Lynn!” Cameron ran into the kitchen and attached himself to her leg.

 

“Hey big guy,” Lynn picked him up. “You have gotten so big.” She poked him stomach.

 

“Where are your clothes Cam?” Sierra asked the little boy who had run into the kitchen with just his underwear on.

 

“In my room,” he answered. “What are you making?”

 

“Pancakes, scrambled eggs, and sausage,” she answered.

 

“Mmm …” Cameron hummed. “We eat soon?”

 

“In a few minutes.”

 

“Lets get dressed Cameron and then we can eat,” Sierra stood up and walked around the counter to grab him.

 

“No. I don’t want to get dressed.” Cameron pushed her hand away.

 

“You have to.”

 

“There you are,” Justin came into the kitchen with a pair of shorts and a shirt for Cameron to wear. “You move too fast. Let’s get dressed.” He reached for Cameron and pulled him from Lynn’s arms. “Good morning Ma.”

 

“Morning sweetie,” Lynn smiled and leaned in when he moved to kiss her cheek.

 

Justin set Cameron on the floor and slipped the shirt over his head and pulled it down. He held out the small pair of shorts and Cameron stepped into them.

 

“I do it,” Cameron pushed Justin’s hands away before he could zip them up.

 

“Okay,” Justin stood up straight and watched Cameron pull the zipper up and button them up.

 

--

 

“Sissy?” Sierra heard Olivia’s quiet voice as she was passing by her room. She backtracked the few steps and stood in the doorway.

 

“What are you still doing up?” Sierra asked quietly as she stepped into the room.

 

“Can I ask you a question?”

 

“Sure sweetie,” Sierra sat down on the edge of the bed.

 

“When you and Dad get married, can I call you Mom?” Olivia asked.

 

“I would love that,” Sierra smiled down at the girl.

 

“Really?” Olivia asked and sat up on the bed.

 

“Yeah,” Sierra nodded. “I want you to know that whatever you need, I will be here for you.”

 

“If Dad says its okay, would you adopt me too?”

 

“In a heartbeat,” she answered. Sierra reached over and put her hand on Olivia’s cheek to brush her hair out of her face. “Now … as your Mama I have to say go to bed, you have school in the morning.” Sierra kissed her cheek and Olivia giggled. She stood up and helped Olivia settle back under the covers. “Good night, Liv.”

 

“Night.” Olivia said and rolled over to face the opposite direction. Sierra walked out of the room and pulled the door closed a little bit. She headed down the hallway to her and Justin’s room.

 

“Took you long enough,” Justin said when Sierra walked into the room.

 

“I was talking to Olivia,” Sierra answered and sat down on the bed next to Justin.

 

“She was awake?”

 

“Mmhmm,” Sierra nodded and moved so she was facing him on the bed. Justin turned to look at her as well. “I hope that what she asked me is okay with you, because it is completely okay with me.”

 

“What was that?” Justin reached for her hand and played with the ring that was resting on her finger.

 

“She wanted to know if she could call me Mom, once we are married,” Sierra smiled and reached to cover his hand with her other one. “And,” she squeezed his hand, “she asked that if it was all right with you, if I would adopt her.”

 

“What’d you say?” Justin smiled.

 

“I told her, ‘in a heartbeat’,” Sierra answered him. “And I would Justin. I want you to know that, and if it’s something both you and her want, I wouldn’t hesitate.”

 

“Thank you.” He squeezed her hand and leaned in to kiss her. “I love you.”

 

“I love you too.”

 
Chapter 21 by Christine
October 2013 

“CHRIS!” Olivia yelled excitedly and ran over to the older man when he walked into the house.

 

“Look at you,” Chris grinned, “you’re so big.” He hugged her.

 

Sierra came out of the kitchen to see what all the noise was about. She recognized the man that Olivia was chatting with, but had never officially met him.

 

“So how old are you now?” Chris asked Olivia and looked over at Sierra when he noticed her coming into the room.

 

“Nine,” Olivia answered.

 

“I think I owe you some presents then,” Chris winked and grabbed her hand. He walked over to Sierra with Olivia in tow. “You must be Sierra.” He held out his other hand for her to shake.

 

“That’s me, and you’re Chris?” She asked. He nodded. “It’s nice to finally meet you.”

 

“I know, how long have you and J been together?”

 

“Almost two years,” Sierra answered.

 

“That’s not right,” he shook his head.

 

“You have to come see my room, it’s different since you were last here,” Olivia interrupted them and tugged on his hand.

 

“Okay. I’ll go see. I saw Justin on his way out, he said something about apple juice?” Chris asked.

 

“We’re having a little temper tantrum in the kitchen so he had to run to the store,” Sierra explained. “Speaking of juice, would you like something to drink?”

 

“No thanks,” Chris smiled and looked down at Olivia, “all right show me this room of yours. Excuse us.” He said and followed Olivia up the stairs. Sierra went back into the kitchen where Cameron was sitting on the floor; pouting with his arms crossed.

 

“Are you ready to be nice?” Sierra asked looking down at him.

 

“No,” Cameron continued to pout.

 

“Okay,” Sierra stepped over him and went back to preparing their meal for the evening. Justin returned five minutes later with a bottle of apple juice and a few other things that Sierra needed him to pick up. “Thanks.” Sierra said as he set the bag down on the counter.

 

“Your welcome. Where’s Chris?” Justin asked as he walked over to the cabinet and grabbed a cup to put some juice in for Cameron.

 

“Olivia is showing him her room,” Sierra answered.

 

“Here Cameron,” Justin handed him the cup which Cameron accepted. “I’m going to go save him. What time do you think we’ll be eating?”

 

“Six,” Sierra answered and stepped over Cameron to get into the fridge. “Go play Cameron.”

 

“Come on buddy,” Justin picked him up careful not to spill the cup that was in Cameron’s hands. “Let’s go hang out with Chris.”

 

“Thank you,” Sierra mouthed to Justin. He smiled and turned to walk out of the room with Cameron in his arms.

 

--

 

“Hello,” Sierra hugged Erin as she stepped inside the houses. She rested her sunglasses on top of her head.

 

“You look so very happy,” Erin said. “Is Justin coming up?” She looked out the door.

 

“He’s getting my dress out of the car,” Sierra answered.

 

“He hasn’t seen it, has he?”

 

“On no, he’s tried, but he hasn’t,” Sierra smiled at Justin as he came up the walk. “So how is everything looking?”

 

“Like a mess right bow, but it will be beautiful tomorrow,” Erin said. “How are you Justin?” She asked when he walked inside the house. She closed the door behind him.

 

“Good,” he answered. “Where does this need to go?”

 

“Oh, I’ll get it,” Erin grabbed the dress bag from Justin’s arms. “You guys go outback and look at everything. I’ll be there in a minute.”

 

“Thanks,” Justin said. He wrapped his arm around Sierra’s waist and led her outside.

 

There were a few people setting up chairs, where the ceremony was going to take place, and another group setting up tables and chairs for the reception.

 

“It does look like a mess,” Sierra said as she looked around the yard.

 

“The rehearsal’s at 6:30 right?” Erin asked as she stepped back outside.

 

“Yeah,” Sierra nodded. “Has everything been going okay so far?”

 

“Wonderful,” Erin answered, “and if there is something you need to worry about I’ll let you know.”

 

“Thanks.” They talked for several minutes with Erin and some other people who were setting things up.

 

--

 

“Girls only,” Cora told Cameron. She pushed him out of the way as she climbed into the backseat of Sierra’s car.

 

“Hey, no pushing,” Sierra shut the trunk after putting Olivia and Cora’s dresses inside.

 

“I can go with you?” Cameron looked up at Sierra.

 

“Sorry sweetie,” Sierra shook her head. “We’ve got girlie stuff to do. You wouldn’t have fun.”

 

“Please?” He asked sweetly.

 

“You’re going to go have fun with Justin.” Sierra said just as Justin walked out of the house. “I’ll see you in a few hours anyway.”

 

Justin headed over to the car and grabbed Cameron from behind. The little boy screamed when Justin flipped him upside down.

 

“All right let’s get going,” Sierra said to Olivia since Cora was already in the car. “We’ll see you later.”

 

“Hold on, one last hug before we’re married,” Justin set Cameron back down on the ground and walked over to Sierra who was standing at the open car door. He wrapped his arms around her, and she returned the gesture.

 

“Love you,” Sierra kissed his cheek as she pulled away.

 

“Love you too,” Justin said. He watched her get in the car and closed the door. Justin stepped back onto the grass where Cameron was standing as Sierra drove out of the driveway.

 

“Are you excited?” Olivia asked Sierra from where she was sitting in the passenger seat.

 

“I am,” Sierra looked at Olivia with a smile.

End Notes:
Sad and venting .... stupid VCR ate my copy of 'N the Mix today.  :'(  (Can we tell I'm bored if I'm watching that. lol.)
Chapter 22 by Christine

October 3, 2013

 

“Pretty, pretty.” Sierra smiled at Olivia and Cora who were standing in front of her with their hair all done up and their dresses on.

 

“You look pretty too,” Olivia said.

 

“Thank you,” Sierra smiled and turned when she heard the door open.

 

“Hey I just wanted to come and get the girls so we can go sit down.” Lynn walked into the room.

 

“Okay,” Sierra took a deep breathe. “Let me get some hugs.” She gave both of them hugs and then ushered them out the door. Lynn didn’t follow them out the door but told them she would be there in a few minutes.

 

“How are you doing?” Lynn asked once the girls were outside and the door was closed behind them.”

 

“I’m fine,” Sierra answered, “surprisingly. I just wish my Mom and aunt could be here today.”

 

“Me too,” Lynn nodded. “I’m sure they would have been so very proud of you.”

 

“Yeah,” Sierra nodded and reached for a tissue when her eyes started to water.

 

“Oh honey,” Lynn wrapped her arms around Sierra.

 

“How’s Justin?” Sierra asked after a minute as she pulled away.

 

“Just as nervous as you are,” she smiled. “You guys will be fine. Now I need to get the girls and grab Cameron from Justin.”

 

“I’ll see you in a few minutes then.”

 

“Okay sweetie.” Lynn walked over to the door and pulled it open. She waved before she closed the door behind her leaving Sierra by herself.

 

--

 “I, Justin take thee Sierra, to be my wife. To have and to hold, in sickness and in health, for richer or for poorer, and I promise my love to you forevermore.” “I, Sierra take thee Justin to be my husband. To have and to hold, in sickness and in health, for richer or for poorer, and I promise my love to you forevermore.” “Wedding rings are an outward and visible sign of an inward spiritual grace, signifying to all the uniting of this man and this woman in marriage.” "With this ring, I thee wed. In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Amen." Justin said as he slipped Sierra’s wedding ring onto her finger.  "With this ring, I thee wed. In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Amen." Sierra said as she slipped the ring onto his finger. 

“Justin and Sierra as the two of you come into this marriage uniting you as husband and wife, and as you this day affirm your faith and love for one another, I would ask that you always remember to cherish each other as special and unique individuals, that you respect the thoughts, ideas and suggestions of one another. Be able to forgive, do not hold grudges, and live each day that you may share it together - as from this day forward you shall be each other's home, comfort and refuge, your marriage strengthened by your love and respect.

 

"Dear heavenly Father, our hearts are filled with great happiness on Justin and Sierra’s wedding day, as they come before You pledging their hearts and lives to one another. Grant that they may be ever true and loving, living together is such a way as to never bring shame or heartbreak into their marriage. Temper their hearts with kindness and understanding, rid them of all pretense of jealousy. Help them to remember to be each other's sweetheart, helpmate, friend and guide, so that together they may meet the cares and problems of life more bravely. And with the passage of time, may the home they are creating today, truly be a place of love and harmony, where your spirit is ever present.”

 

Sierra turned a little and signaled for the kids to come up to where she and Justin were standing. They had planned on having them come up for a short blessing at the end of the ceremony. The three of them walked up, and Sierra took Cameron’s hand when he reached for her.

 

“Bless this union we pray, and walk beside Justin, Sierra, Olivia, Cora and Cameron throughout all their lives together. We ask these things in Jesus name; Amen.

 

“Justin and Sierra in so much as the two of you have agreed to live together in Matrimony; have promised your love for each other by these vows; the giving of these rings and the joining of your hands, I now declare you to be husband and wife.

 “May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make his face shine upon you, and be gracious unto you. May the Lord lift up his countenance unto you, and give you peace. “Congratulations, you may kiss your bride.” Justin smiled and happily obliged that request. He leaned down and gave Sierra a short kiss. 

“I present to you Mr. and Mrs. Justin Timberlake.” Sierra and Justin hugged each of the kids while the minister said this. Lynn grabbed the kids and let Justin and Sierra go inside the house for a few minutes alone.

 

“You look very pretty.” Justin said after he closed the door to the room they went in.

 

“Thank you,” Sierra smiled and wrapped her arms around his neck when he walked over to her. Justin’s arms went around her waist as she pulled him closer. “I love you.”

 

“I love you too.” Justin kissed her and pulled away a little. “I wish we could go on a honeymoon.”

 

“Me too,” Sierra kissed him. “But we get the house to ourselves till Monday.”

 

“Mmm … that we do.” Justin nipped at her neck.

 

--

 

“Come here Cameron,” Justin leaned over and waved his finger towards himself to get Cameron’s attention. He looked over at Sierra who was across the grass talking to some of his family.

 

“What?” Cameron asked as he came over to Justin.

 

“Go ask your Mom to dance, and I’ll be there in one second.” He told the little boy.

 

“K.”

 

“Thanks buddy,” he patted Cameron on the back as the little boy turned around. He watched Cameron walk over to his mother and ask her.

 

“Are you cutting in?” Sierra asked Justin when he walked over to where she and Cameron were dancing.

 

“I’m just joining you two,” he answered with a smile. “So …”

 

“What do you want?” Sierra asked.

 

Justin picked Cameron up off the floor and hugged him. “Having fun?”

 

“Mmhmm,” Cameron nodded.

 

“Good,” Justin smiled. “Now I have a proposition for the two of you.”

 

“What is that?” Sierra raised an eyebrow as she asked this.

 

“I’ve been thinking about how much I love this guy,” he looked at Cameron as he said that and then at Sierra. “I want to adopt Cameron. Only if it’s okay with you two.”

 

“Really?” Sierra sounded surprised, “Don’t feel like you have too just because …”

 

“I want to. So what do you think about that Cameron? Do you want me to be your Dad?” He asked Cameron.

 

“Like Olivia?” He asked.

 

“Yeah, except you’d be my son, not my daughter,” Justin poked Cameron in the side. And the little boy squirmed before wrapping his arms around Justin’s neck.

 

“I would like that,” Cameron giggled as Justin tickled him a little bit more.

 

“So what do you say Mom?” Justin asked Sierra, with a huge smile on his face.

 

“I would like that too,” Sierra smiled and leaned in to give both of them kisses on the cheek.

Chapter 23 by Christine
November 2013 

“Hey, hey, hey, what are you doing?” Justin asked as he walked up behind Sierra. She was sitting at the kitchen table with a pile of papers in front of her. He ran his fingers through her hair, and then pulled out the chair next to her. Justin sat down.

 

“Grading papers,” she looked over at him.

 

“Do you want some help?” Justin asked.

 

You want to help me?” She said playfully.

 

“Yes,” he put his arm around her and kissed her cheek.

 

“What do you really want?” She asked.

 

“I want to work on that baby thing,” Justin put his other hand on her stomach.

 

“I knew there was an ulterior motive.” Sierra leaned so her head was resting on his shoulder.

 

“Always,” he smiled and kissed her cheek.

 

“Mmm … I guess I could use a short break,” Sierra giggled as she said this and pinched his leg.

 

“Har, har, har,” Justin rolled his eyes as Sierra stood up. “No.” He grabbed her hand and made her sit back down.

 

“Now you don’t want to?” Sierra huffed as she sat back down.

 

“I’m sorry,” he kissed her. “Let’s get this done so I can have you to myself all night long.” Justin grinned. “Now what are we grading?” He grabbed half of the stack and set it in front of himself.

 

“Spelling tests and math homework,” Sierra answered.

 

“Yuck, you can grade the math,” he found the math papers in the stack and handed them back to her.

 

“Good, I wasn’t sure you could handle that,” Sierra smiled.

 

“Ouch … you are being mean tonight,” Justin grabbed a pen that was sitting on the table.

 

“Sorry,” she rested her left hand on his thigh and went back to grading the papers. They sat there quietly for a few minutes while they looked at the sheets of paper in front of them.

 

“So I e-mailed a couple of architects in Tennessee,” Justin started. “One is going to meet with us Thursday evening and the other one said she’d meet with us the Wednesday before Thanksgiving.”

 

“One is coming down here?” She looked over at him.

 

“Mmhmm, is that okay?” Justin asked.

 

“Yeah, I just wouldn’t expect that.” Sierra looked back down at the papers.

 

“I’m done,” Justin sat back in his chair several minutes later and threw the pen down on the table.

 

“I’ve had enough of this for the night.”

 

“Good.” He reached up and turned her chin so she was looking at him. Justin leaned in and kissed her.

 

--

 

“You must be Mr. Richardson,” Sierra said after she opened the front door. “Come on in.”

 

“Thanks Mrs. Timberlake,” he smiled and followed her into the living room.

 

“Please, call me Sierra,” she smiled. “Have a seat. Would you like anything to drink?”

 

“No thanks and you can call me David.” He set a book and sketchbook down on the coffee table before sitting down on the chair.

 

“Justin is running a little late, but we can go ahead and get started.” Sierra said as she sat down as well.

 

“Well I liked to start off telling you a little bit about my practice and then learn a little bit about you guys.” He explained. “I base my practice on sustainable building. That means the building is not only long lasting but is-”

 

He was cut off by Cameron yelling for Sierra. She apologized and excused herself before leaving the room.

 

“What do you need?” Sierra asked as she came up the stairs. Cameron was standing at the top of them with his arms crossed over his chest.

 

“I need help,” he pouted.

 

“With what? I have to finish talking with the architect sweetie.”

 

“With my picture,” he answered.

 

“Bring it downstairs and we’ll finish it down there, but you have to be quiet.” Sierra answered. Cameron ran off into his room and came back a minute later with some paper and a box of crayons. He followed Sierra down the stairs and into the living.

 

“Dad!” Cameron squealed and ran over to Justin.

 

“Hey big guy,” Justin picked him up and gave him a hug. “Did you have a good day?”

 

“Uh-huh, Mom said we could color while you have you meeting.” Cameron answered.

 

“You sure can.” Justin kissed his cheek and set him back down on the ground. “Sorry I’m late.”

 

“That’s okay,” Sierra said and helped Cameron get settled on the floor. “David was just explaining his practice and design philosophies.”

 

“He informed me of that,” Justin smiled and sat down on the couch. Sierra sat down on the floor next to Cameron and grabbed a sheet of paper and one of the crayons.

 

David explained a little more about his practice and then started to ask them questions about what they wanted in their home. They chatted for another hour before David stood up.

 

“I am going to leave this with you,” he handed the book to Sierra who was still sitting on the floor next to Cameron. “It has several residential projects that my firm has done in the past few years.”

 

“Great,” Sierra smiled and flipped through the book quickly.

 

“Thank you so much for coming and meeting with us down here,” Justin said as he stood up.

 

“It was nice meeting you guys,” David said. “I will call you soon and set up another meeting where I can show you what I’ve come up with.”

 

“Okay,” Justin said. “Let me walk you out.” Justin followed David out of the room and into the foyer.

 

“Bye!” Cameron yelled with a giggle. Sierra shook her head and kissed the boy on the cheek.

 

“That looks good baby,” Sierra pointed to the piece of paper in front of him.

 

“Thank you,” Cameron grinned and stood up. “All done.”

 

“Okay, it’s bath time anyway.” Sierra stood as well. “Pick up your crayons and I’ll meet you upstairs for your bath.”

 

Justin stopped her before she got to the stairs.

 

“Yes?” Sierra asked and stepped closer to him.

 

“I didn’t get my kiss when I came in.” He leaned in and kissed her quickly. “How was your day?”

 

“It was good.” Sierra smiled. “I’ve got to start Cameron’s bath.”

 

“Okay.” Justin watched her disappear up the stairs before going into the living room where Cameron was still picking up his crayons.

 

Sierra came downstairs with Cameron thirty minutes later and smiled seeing Justin and the girls sitting on the couch watching TV. She and Cameron sat down with them and settled in for a few minutes of family time.

Chapter 24 by Christine
December 2013 

“Are you okay?” Justin asked when he saw the look on Sierra’s face as she came out of the bathroom.

 

“No,” she walked over to the bad and laid back down after pulling the covers back over her. “My stomach’s upset.” She pouted.

 

“Poor baby,” Justin sat down on the bed next to her. “Do you want me to call into work for you?” He brushed her hair off of her face.

 

“I’ll be fine in a few minutes.” She answered, “Just girl problems.”

 

“Uck … too much information,” he groaned.

 

“Either it’s that time, or I’m pregnant …” Sierra paused and thought about it. “Hmm … I did miss last month.”

 

“Why didn’t you tell me you-”

 

Sierra cut him off, “didn’t you just complain about me saying too much?”

 

“But if you’re pregnant that doesn’t matter.”

 

“Honestly, it didn’t cross my mind, there’s too much going on right now.” She moved so that she was sitting up again.

 

“But it’s great if you are since we’ve been trying,” Justin smiled.

 

“Mmhmm,” Sierra grinned too. “I’ll stop at the store after work and pick up a test.”

 

“With the kids?” He raised an eyebrow.

“Olivia is staying over at Rachel’s house tonight, Cora has her dance class and Cameron won’t know the difference.” Sierra answered.

 

“You’ll wait until I come home right?”

 

“Of course I’ll wait,” Sierra rubbed his knee as she moved to get out of bed. “If you pick Cora up at 4:30.”

 

“I can do that,” Justin smiled and watched her leave their bedroom for the bathroom.

 

--

 

“Hurry up,” Justin said as he stood outside of the bathroom door.

 

“Give me a second, sheesh,” Sierra huffed as she pulled the door open. “We have to wait a few minutes anyway, but I’m glad that you are excited.” Sierra set the test down on the counter.

 

“Aren’t you?” He pulled on her hand as he leaned against the counter.

 

“Of course I am,” Sierra smiled and moved so she was leaning against him with her arms wrapped around him.  Justin wrapped his arms around her and kissed her forehead. They stood there for a minute before Sierra pulled away a little bit. “Let’s take a look.”

 

“What’s it say?” Justin closed his eyes.

 

“Are you scared?” Sierra giggled and kissed his chin. “It’s …” She moved closer to him.

 

“Quit teasing,” Justin said as she pressed up against him. He looked at the test in her hand. “So?”

 

“Yes.” She answered.

 

“Sweet,” He hugged her closer and kissed her head. “When are we gonna tell the kids?”

 

“Mmm … let me schedule a doctor’s appointment and make sure everything is a-ok first.”

 

“K,” he kissed her lips. “We’re havin’ a baby.” Justin hugged her to himself even more as she kissed his lips again.

 

--

 

“What’s wrong?” Sierra asked when Cameron came into the room pouting.

 

“Olivia and Cora won’t play with me,” Cameron climbed onto the chair that was next to hers.

 

“I’m sorry honey,” Sierra reached over and rubbed his back.

 

“Will you?”

 

“See if Dad will play with you.” She looked over at him, “Maybe you guys can go play basketball outside.”

 

“It’s cold,” Cameron continued to pout.

 

“Well I can’t help you there buddy.” Sierra smiled. She looked back down at her paper and continued to grade it.

 

“Cameron, are you bugging your Mom,” Justin asked as he appeared in the doorway. Cameron was resting his head in the palm of his hand watching her.

 

“No,” Cameron answered and turned to look at Justin who was approaching the table.

 

“Come on, lets go play a video game,” Justin took Cameron’s hand and helped him off the chair.

 

“I wanna play with Olivia and Cora,” Cameron whined as the two left the room leaving Sierra alone in the kitchen.

Chapter 25 by Christine

“All right,” Sierra helped Cameron up onto the stool at the counter. Cora had already claimed the other one and Olivia was standing next to her. “You guys ready to make some cookies?”

 

“Yes,” Cora answered.

 

“Mmhmm …” Olivia nodded.

 

“We have to make three kinds,” Sierra said. “Sugar, which ya’ll get to decorate, peanut butter, and chocolate chip.” Sierra smiled at them and wrapped her arm around Cameron’s stomach when he stood up on the stool. “Be careful honey.”

 

“I am,” Cameron answered and leaned back against her.

 

“What are you guys up too?” Justin asked when he came into the kitchen.

 

“We’re making cookies,” Olivia answered. Justin put his hand on her shoulder and leaned over to kiss the top of her head. “Want to help Dad?” She smiled up at him.

 

“Sure,” Justin squeezed her shoulder and pulled away to kiss Sierra. “Let me get the stuff out of the car.”

 

“How was the mall?” She asked.

 

“Insane,” he answered. “I’m surprised I made it out safely.”

 

“People have moved on J. There are other stars now.” Sierra pulled back a little when he poked her in the stomach and stuck his tongue out.

 

“A few people did stop me.” He stated and grinned.

 

“Oh be quiet.” Sierra pushed him a bit.

 

“I’ll be back in a second.” Justin turned around and went back out to the garage. Sierra helped the girls and Cameron with the measuring and mixing.

 

Justin came in and put the shopping bags away in their bedroom before joining them back in the kitchen. “What can I do?”

 

“Fill this with water and put it in here.” Sierra tapped one of the bowls as she handed him the glass measuring cup. The five of them spent the afternoon making cookies and a mess of the kitchen together. Justin ushered the kids out of the kitchen so they could wash up and so Sierra could clean up the kitchen a bit before they decorated the cookies.

 

--

 

“So how do you think we should tell the kids? Sit them down together or talk to them individually.” Sierra rinsed out the glass in her hand and put it in the dishwasher.

 

“I don’t know.” Justin shrugged as he put a container of food in the fridge. “Let’s just tell them together and get it over with.”

 

“Not excited to tell them?” Sierra stated as she leaned over to get the soap from under the sink.

 

“No I am. I’m just tired.” Justin watched as she started the dishwasher.

 

“Awe, rough day at work sweetie,” Sierra said as she straightened up. Justin crossed the short distance and wrapped his arms around her.

 

“No,” he kissed her neck. “You know full well that I was here all day, bored out of my mind.”

 

“Well get a job.” Sierra grinned when he laughed.

 

“I’ve got some people I’m going to work with soon.” He responded and stepped back.

 

“Good,” Sierra grabbed the rag from the sink and started to wipe the counter down. “Go get the kids and we’ll tell them tonight.”

 

“I think they are already in the living room watching TV.” Justin stated.

 

“Okay,” she tossed the rag into the sink and followed him out of the kitchen. The three kids were sitting on the couch so Justin and Sierra sat on the love seat.

 

“We have something to talk to you guys about,” Justin said as he reached over for the remote to turn the TV off.

 

“What’s that?” Cora asked.

 

“Well,” Sierra paused and looked at each of them. “We’re going to have a baby.”

 

“Is it a boy or girl?” Olivia asked excitedly.

 

“Well we don’t know yet. But we can find out in a few months.” Sierra answered her. Justin reached over and put his hand on her knee.

 

--

 

“Are you going to help me Cameron?” Sierra asked when the little boy came walking into the bedroom. He sat down on the floor next to her where she was wrapping presents.

 

“Yes,” he answered.

 

“Great,” Sierra smiled she wrapped the curling ribbon around the package that she had just wrapped. “Put you finger right here,” she showed him where to put his finger, “and I am going to tie the ribbon.” Sierra tied and cut the ribbon, and then added a couple of more pieces before curling the ribbon.

 

She laid the next box down on the paper and cut it to the right size. “Hand me the tape honey.” Cameron reached over for the tape and handed it to her. “Thank ya.” Sierra had him help wrap this box before he climbed onto her lap.

 

“Where’s the baby?” He asked.

 

“He’s in here,” Sierra put her hand on her stomach.

 

“Your tummy?” Cameron giggled.

 

“That’s where you were silly.” Sierra kissed his cheek.

 

“No,” he shook his head.

 

“Yes,” Sierra tickled his tummy. Cameron flopped over on his back in her lap and tried to push her hands away from him. Sierra stopped after a minute and pulled him back up so she could hug him. Cameron wrapped his arms around her neck and snuggled up next to her. “I love you.” She kissed his cheek as she said this.   

 

--

 

“Good morning,” Lynn said when Justin came into the kitchen.

 

“Merry Christmas,” he kissed her cheek and then walked over to Sierra. “How are you feeling?” He asked Sierra quietly.

 

“Just fine,” she turned a little so she could kiss him.

 

“The kids aren’t up yet?” Justin sounded surprised as he asked this.

 

“Nope,” Sierra answered. “They were up late last night. Do you want to wake them up so we can eat breakfast and then open presents.”

 

“I can do that,” Justin left the room. Sierra and Lynn got the food on the table, and Paul set out the plates and glasses. Justin came into the kitchen a few minutes later with Cameron in his arms and the girls behind him. They sat down for breakfast and then moved into the family room to open presents.  

 

They let the kids open their presents at their own pace and after they were finished helped then set up some of their toys. Cameron settled himself down on Sierra’s lap with one of the toys that he got. Justin handed some of the gifts to his parents from them and they opened them.

 

“Go ahead and open your presents too. They are right there, Justin.” Lynn said. Justin waved her off and handed Sierra her gifts and then started to open his. Cameron decided he needed to help Sierra with her presents. He reached his hand and tore the paper off the package.

 

“We have some news for you guys,” Sierra said after Justin had settled on the couch next to her.

 

“What is that,” Lynn asked even though she already had an idea of what she was going to say.

 

“We’re going to have a baby,” Justin finished for her and then kissed her cheek.

 

“How exciting,” Lynn stood up and hugged both of them. “When are you due?”

 

“The second week of July, hopefully the house will be built before then. But we will see.” Sierra reached over and rested her hand on Justin’s knee.

 

--

 

“It’s beautiful,” Sierra said as the architect showed them the plans for the house. There was a walk through going across the computer screen in front of them. “What do you think?”

 

“It’s not what I expected, but it’s great.” Justin responded. “Where does it sit on the property?”

 

“I have it situated right here,” Mr. Richardson pointed to the site plan. “It’s near the front of the site, but not to close to the road. I took into account the drive that is already there.” He explained.

 

Justin nodded, “I like that it will be hidden from traffic.”

 

“What is this material?” Sierra pointed to the image of the exterior and its cladding.

 

“It’s a sheet metal. We can always change it.”

 

“I think it’s cool. I like the contemporary stuff.” Sierra stated.

 

“My goal was to make this as ‘green’ of a building as possible, and to make it livable.”

 

“That’s great.”

 

“Is there anything that you aren’t happy with?”

 

“Hmm …” Sierra leaned over and looked at the three printouts that were laid out on the table. “I like all of it. What do you think, Justin?”

 

“It’s good … I was thinking it would be nice to have a studio.”

 

“Well, we can add an extra space on the site,” he pointed to the site plan, “in this area. Or we can modify a portion of the house.”

 

“What do you think?” Justin asked Sierra.

 

“It’s up to you. Just not the guest/office space because I really like that,” she responded.

 

Justin made his decision, which was to add an extra space onto the property. They stayed and chatted with the architect a little longer before heading back to Justin’s parent’s house.

 

“All of the materials can be modified to your preferences. And of course the floor plan can be modified at this point as well.” The architect started. He explained what else they needed to know and answered any questions they had.  

Chapter 26 by Christine
March 2014 

“Sissy?” Cora asked.

 

“Yeah sweetie,” Sierra responded. She walked over to where Cora was sitting at the kitchen table.

 

“I need help.”

 

“All right, what are you working on?”

 

“These sentences,” the girl pointed to the paper in front of her.

 

“Okay. I can help you with that,” Sierra smiled. She pulled out the chair next to Cora and sat down. “What are you having trouble with?”

 

Cora explained quickly and Sierra helped her for the next fifteen minutes. Sierra had been helping her more and more lately and was starting to wonder if she really needed the help or was just asking for attention. She’d have to talk to Cora’s teacher to see what was really going on.

 

“Would you like to go see a movie this weekend?” Sierra asked. Cora was putting her book and notepad away in her backpack.

 

“Just me and you?” Cora asked and looked up at her as she zipped up the bag.

 

“Yep, just the two of us,” Sierra nodded. “You’re choice too.”

 

“Cool,” Cora grinned and leaned over to wrap her arms around Sierra. “Can we go out to eat after?”

 

“We can do that,” Sierra nodded.

 

“Hey ladies,” Justin came into the kitchen from the garage.

 

“Hi,” Sierra smiled when Justin kissed her cheek.

 

“Hi Justin,” Cora said.

 

“What are you guys up to?”

 

“English,” Cora answered.

 

“Cora and I are going to see a movie this Saturday.”

 

“Neat. What are you going to see?” Justin asked.

 

“We’re not sure yet,” Sierra stood up from the table and walked back over to the counter. Cora disappeared from the kitchen leaving Sierra and Justin alone. “I’m worried about her.”

 

“You are?” Justin asked as he wrapped his arms around her.

 

“I’ve been helping her with her homework for the past few weeks now and I don’t know if she really needs the help, or if it’s just for attention,” Sierra explained. “I’m going to talk to Mrs. Hastings about it tomorrow.”

 

“It’s probably just attention,” Justin kissed the side of her hand and then patted her stomach as he pulled away.

 

“I think so too,” Sierra sighed and rubbed her hand over her growing stomach. “My doctor’s appointment is tomorrow at nine. Are you going to come?”

 

“I was planning on it,” he answered and watched her bend over to get a pot out of the cabinet.

 

“We can find out whether it’s a boy or girl.” Sierra filled the pot with water and put it on the stove.

 

“Did you want to know?” Justin asked her as she walked across the kitchen to the pantry.

 

“I think it would be nice,” she came out of the pantry with a package of noodles. Justin grabbed it from her hands and she scowled.

 

“Go sit down,” he nodded his head towards the table. “I’ll cook dinner.”

 

“You don’t have to do that,” Sierra reached for the bag and he pulled it away before she could get. “You had a busy day.”

 

“Well so did you and I want to cook dinner,” Justin turned her around and lightly pushed her in the direction of the table. Sierra huffed out loud, but secretly she was happy to sit down since she didn’t feel like cooking.

 

“So what do you think about knowing the sex?” Sierra sat down on the chair and moved the one next to it so she could put her feet up.

 

“If you want to know that’s fine with me,” Justin stated and dumped the jar of sauce into another pot. Sierra shook her head at how he always seemed to never have a straight answer.

 

“We’ll find out than,” Sierra made the decision.

 

“Look Justin!” Cameron came running into the kitchen with a piece of paper in one hand.

 

“What’s this?” Justin took the piece of paper from Cameron and looked at it. “Very nice, buddy. Should we put it on the fridge?”

 

“Yes,” Cameron nodded and grabbed the paper from Justin. He walked over to the fridge and found a magnet to hang the picture with. Cameron went over to where Sierra was sitting and pulled himself onto her lap.

 

“Hey silly,” Sierra put her feet back on the floor so she was more comfortable. “Aren’t you going to show me your picture?”

 

“Oh yeah,” Cameron got down and went back over to the fridge. Sierra looked over at Justin and smiled when she saw him watching the two of them.

 

--

 

“How are you doing today?” The doctor asked after she closed the door behind her.

 

“I’m doing good,” Sierra sat back on the exam table. “This is my husband, Justin.” She pointed to him.

 

“I was starting to wonder if there was a husband,” she held out her hand for Justin to shake with a smile. “I’m Dr. Stevens.” She introduced herself and the opened the chart to read it over. “A checkup today and you do want to know the sex of your baby?”

 

“Yes’m,” Sierra nodded.

 

“Okay,” she flipped a couple of switches on the ultrasound machine. “Go ahead and lay down and we will get started.”

 

Sierra did as she was told and smiled up at Justin as he reached for her hand and squeezed it. They went through the standard exam and Justin grinned through the whole thing which made Sierra smile too.

 

“All right mom and dad,” she paused. “It looks like you are going to have a baby girl.”

 

“That’s great,” Sierra smiled. “Everything looks okay?”

 

“Everything looks perfect.” The doctor wiped Sierra’s stomach off and then pulled her shirt down. “I want to see you back here in a month. Just keep doing what you are doing and you’ll stay in good shape.”

 

“Thanks,” Sierra sat up and adjusted her top.

 

“It was nice to meet you Justin.”

 

“Nice to meet you to, Dr. Stevens. Take care,” Justin said. The doctor nodded and closed the door behind her.

 

“Shall we?” Justin asked Sierra and reached for her hand.

 

“Are you happy?” Sierra asked him as she hopped down off the table.

 

“Of course I am,” Justin leaned down and kissed her on the lips. “We are having a baby girl. That’s so sweet.” He placed his hand on her stomach and smiled before kissing her again.

 

--

 

“We’ve had a really mild winter this year so we’ve been able to get ahead of schedule.” Mr. Richardson explained as they walked onto the property. They made their way through several work trucks that were parked around the dirt covered area.

 

“That’s good,” Justin said and reached for Sierra’s hand.

 

“It’s looking like a house,” Sierra stated. The framing was up for every floor and some of the sheathing was beginning to go up.

 

“Are you able to walk through?” He asked Sierra.

 

“Yeah. As long as no one drops anything on me,” Sierra answered with a smile. She ran a hand over her stomach quickly.

 

“We’ll find you guys some hard hats before we go in,” Mr. Richardson said.

 

“Let me introduce you to the contractor and we’ll walk through with him.” Justin and Sierra followed him over to a small group of guys were standing and looking over the plans.

 

“Carter,” Mr. Richardson pulled one of them away.

 

“Hey Dave,” Carter responded.

 

“This is Justin and Sierra,” Mr. Richardson introduced. “Guys, this is Carter McIntyre, the contactor.”

 

“Nice to meet you,” Justin said as he shook the man’s hand. Sierra nodded hello and wrapped her arm around Justin’s.

 

“Are you guys here to walk through?” he asked.

 

“Yeah,” Mr. Richardson answered.

 

“Great. There are extra hardhats in the office,” Carter said. “I’ll meet you guys in a minute.”

 

“Okay. Let’s go get those hard hats and we’ll head on up.” Mr. Richardson when into the small trailer and came back out with two hardhats. He handed one to each of them.

 

“How do I look?” Sierra smiled up at Justin after she adjusted her hair underneath the hat.

 

“Cute.” Justin grinned and kissed her lips quickly before putting the one on his head.

 

They followed the older man into what was to become the open parking area and were currently being used for plywood and the saws. They walked into the foyer area and headed up the stairs into the main living space.

 

“This is a lot bigger then I thought it was going to be,” Sierra smiled. “This is nice. Are those stairs going to stay open like that?” She pointed to the staircase that was in between where the dining and family rooms were going to be.

 

“That was the plan. It’s not too late to close it off if you want,” Mr. Richardson explained.

 

“I like that. I’ll be able to watch the kids from here,” She stepped back a little bit and reached for Justin’s hand. “What do you think?”

 

“It’s great. I’m getting excited about this,” Justin responded and squeezed her hand.

 

--

 

“Justin!” Sierra yelled as soon as she felt the squish underneath her shoes. Justin appeared in the kitchen doorway. “What did I just step in?”

 

Justin looked down at her shoe. “Oh yeah, about that … we have a puppy?”

 

“We do huh?” Sierra raised an eyebrow as she reached down to pull her shoes off. She left them by the mess on the floor and walked over to where Justin was leaning against the doorframe. “That was nice of you to let me in on the decision.”

 

“Are you mad?”

 

“No. You just get to clean up after it.” Sierra walked past Justin and towards their bedroom. “So where is this new puppy of ours?” Justin followed her.

 

“The kids have her outside. They named her Lady.” Justin sat down on the bed. “So how was work?”

 

“Damn mood swings. I yelled at the kids today and I feel really bad,” Sierra said as she disappeared into the bathroom.

 

“Why’d you yell?” Justin asked.

 

“They wouldn’t stop talking,” Sierra answered. She came out of the bathroom in a different outfit and stood in front of him.

 

“And how are you doing now?” Justin asked and brought his hands up to her stomach.

 

“Sad.” She stepped a little closer and wrapped her arms around his neck.

 

“I’m sorry you had a bad day,” Justin stood so he could kiss her.

 

“Can I go see the puppy now?” Sierra grinned against his lips.

 

“Yeah, let’s go,” Justin kissed her again before he followed her out to the backyard.

 

“Mommy is a puppy,” Cameron squealed when he saw her come out the backdoor. He grabbed her hand and pulled her over to where Cora and Olivia were playing with her.

 

“I see that. She’s cute,” Sierra bent over to pet the curly-haired puppy. “What kind of dog is she?”

 

“She is a labradoodle,” Justin answered seriously.

 

“Serious?” Sierra chuckled at the name.

 

“It’s a lab poodle mix.”

 

“That’s great,” she smiled. “Did you girls pick her out?”

 

“When Dad picked us up from school, she was in the car,” Olivia answered.

 

“I bet that was a neat surprise,” Sierra leaned into Justin when he moved behind her.

 

“Uh-huh,” Cora nodded.

 

They stood outside for a few minutes while the kids played with Lady. Sierra went inside to cook dinner and Justin followed to clean up the mess in the kitchen. And the family went through their nightly routine with their newest member.

 

“Not in the bed, Justin,” Sierra stopped him before he could rest the puppy on their bed.

 

“Ah … come on. Just for tonight,” Justin pouted and held the puppy up near his face. Sierra smiled at the picture they made together, but wouldn’t let herself give in.

 

“No,” Sierra said. “She stays in our bed once and she’s going to think it’s okay.”

 

“Fine,” Justin scowled and petted the puppy’s head as he leaned over to put her on the floor. “Mommy’s being a sourpuss, Lady.”

 

“Good night Justin,” Sierra adjusted her pillow and lay down.

 

“Good night Sierra,” Justin mocked her annoyed tone before turning out the light and lying down as well. “I love you.” Justin put his arm over her and closed his eyes. He felt Sierra sigh and relax under the weight of his arm which put a smile on his face.

Chapter 27 by Christine
May 2014 

“Hello?” Sierra answered the phone. She stood up and walked out of the living room and into the office to get away from the kids’ noise.

 

“Hi, this is Rose Theissen, from Orlando Child Services, I was hoping to speak with Justin or Sierra Timberlake,” she said.

 

“This is Sierra,” she responded as she sat down on the desk chair.

 

“Great. I am calling in regards towards Olivia Timberlake,” Rose started.

 

“Okay,” Sierra hesitated.

 

“Her siblings recently contacted us in hopes of meeting her. We’d like to discuss this with you and Mr. Timberlake, as well as Olivia if this is something you would be interested in,” Rose explained.

 

“I am going to have to talk to Justin about this first,” Sierra said. “I think Olivia has expressed some interest in meeting them.”

 

“Discuss it with both of them and give me a call when you can.”

 

Sierra grabbed a pen that was sitting on the desk and found a notepad. She wrote down the number as Rose said it and hung up the phone after they said “good-bye.”

 

As soon as she hung up the phone, it rang again.

 

“Hello?”

 

“Hey sweetie,” Justin’s voice came over the phone.

 

“Hi,” Sierra grinned. “How is it going up there in Tennessee?”

 

“Good. We’re getting a lot of work done in the studio.”

 

“That’s always good,” she responded and stood up. Sierra walked out of the office and back into the living room. She checked on the kids quickly and then went into their bedroom.

 

“Who were you on the phone with?” Justin asked.

 

“There is something we need to talk about,” Sierra picked up some clothes that were on the floor and headed into the bathroom to put them in the hamper.

 

“Is everything all right?” He sounded concerned.

 

“Yeah,” she answered quickly. “Child Services called and Olivia’s brother and sister have contacted them about meeting her.” She explained and walked over to the bed where there was folded laundry.

 

“Serious?” Justin asked.

 

“Mmhmm,” Sierra picked up the clothes and put them in her dresser. She closed the drawer and walked out of the bedroom.

 

“Let’s talk about it with her when I get home on Friday,” he said.

 

“That’s fine. I know you want to be the one to tell her.” Sierra rubbed her stomach as she walked into the kitchen. She could hear the kids laughing at something on the TV in the living room and she smiled.

 

“I think our family is going to get a little bit bigger,” Justin smiled. “And not just because of the baby.”

 

“You do huh?” Sierra poured herself a glass of milk and then walked into the living room. She sat down on the couch next to Cameron and wrapped her arm around him when he leaned against her.

 

“If Olivia wants to meet them, I want them to become a part of our family.”

 

“I think that’s great,” Sierra smiled and rubbed her fingers through Cameron’s hair.

 

“Is that Dad?” Olivia asked.

 

“Yeah, do you want to talk to him?” Sierra asked her. Olivia nodded. “I’m going to pass the phone onto Olivia.”

 

“Okay. I love you and call if you need anything,” Justin said.

 

“I love you too. Here’s Olivia,” Sierra passed the phone to her and paid attention to Olivia’s side of the conversation until Cameron started asking her questions about the baby.

 

“I’m hungry,” Cora interrupted Cameron and Sierra’s conversation.

 

“I’ll start dinner in a little bit,” Sierra said and yawned. It had been a long day with a trek to the park and fighting with Cameron to get his hair cut. “Let me just rest for a second.”

 

“Dad wants to talk to you, Cora,” Olivia said after she said her good-byes. She handed the phone to Cora and sat back on the couch with her feet tucked under her. Cora started to talk to Justin and Sierra decided she better get up and start fixing dinner before they were all whining about being hungry.

 

--

 

Justin walked through the glass doors and into baggage claim. He smiled when he saw Sierra and the kids standing there waiting for him. Olivia ran over to him and wrapped her arms around him.

 

“Hey, Liv,” Justin smiled and kissed her on the head. “I missed you so much.”

 

“I missed you too,” Olivia grabbed his hand and walked back over to Sierra, Cora and Cameron.

 

Justin let go of her hand when they got over there and hugged Cora and Cameron before wrapping his arms around Sierra.

 

“I think you got bigger,” Justin kissed her cheek quickly.

 

“Thanks a lot,” Sierra smiled as she pinched his side. “It’s only been a week. I couldn’t have possibly gotten visibly bigger.”

 

Justin rolled his eyes and smiled, “You look beautiful though. Let me get my bag so we can get out of here.” He rubbed her stomach and then walked over to the conveyor belt that had already started to bring the bags out. Justin grabbed his bag and they headed outside. He reached for Cameron’s hand before the little boy stepped out into the parking lot.

 

Cameron looked up at Justin and smiled before chattering excitedly about the movie they saw the other day. Justin followed Sierra and the girls out to the SUV where he put his bag in the back and got Cameron situated in his car seat. Sierra let him drive.

 

It was later that night and Cora and Cameron had already been tucked into their beds. Sierra and Justin were going to talk to Olivia before they said goodnight to her.

 

“Hey sweetheart,” Justin sat down on the edge of her bed. “We need to talk to you about something before you go to sleep.”

 

“Okay,” Olivia sat up in her bed. Sierra pulled out the desk chair and sat down on it.

 

“You know how a long time ago we talked about the possibility of you meeting your brother and sister if you wanted to?” Justin asked Olivia. She responded with a shake of her head. “Well they contacted child services and they want to meet you.”

 

“Really?” Olivia sounded surprised.

 

“Yes,” Justin bit his bottom lip. “Now we won’t do it if it’s something you don’t want to do. It is completely up to you if you want to meet them or not.”

 

It was quiet for a few minutes before Olivia spoke up, “I think I want to meet them.”

 

“Are you sure you don’t want to think about it over the weekend?” Justin questioned. “I don’t want you to rush this decision, because it could change things.”

 

“But it won’t change that you’re my Dad and that Sierra is my Mom,” Olivia stated. “I want to meet them.”

 

“I’ll call Ms. Theissen Monday then,” Sierra smiled at Olivia and then Justin. She stood up slowly and put the chair back in its place. Sierra walked over to the bed and kissed Olivia on the head. “Good night sweetie. I love you.”

 

“Love you too,” Olivia smiled and hugged Sierra.

 

“Come on Justin,” Sierra grabbed Justin’s hand and tugged on it a few times.

 

“Right behind you,” Justin squeezed her hand and dropped it. Sierra walked out of the room leaving Justin to say goodnight to Olivia. Sierra was standing in the hallway outside of the room when Justin walked out. He pulled the door closed behind him and walked over to Sierra. “I hope this turns out okay.”

 

“It’ll be fine,” Sierra reached up and rubbed his arms. “Like you said before our family is about to get bigger.” She smiled and kissed his cheek. “Let’s go to bed. It’s been a long day for the both of us.”

 

--

 

“Come on in,” the older lady said as she held open her office door. “You guys can go ahead and sit down. I’ve got to go talk to someone real fast and I will be with you in a little while.”

 

“Thanks,” Justin said. He let Sierra and Olivia walk into the room first and then he followed. The three of them sat down at the conference table and waited for her to come back.

 

“I’m Rose Theissen,” she said as she walked back into the room. “You guys must be Sierra, Justin and Olivia.” She sat down at the table across from the three of them. “So you do want to meet your brother and sister?”

 

“Yes,” Olivia nodded.

 

“Okay. What we usually do with that is set up a meeting time and place. We like it to be at a spot where everyone will feel comfortable, so it’s usually a public restaurant or something like that. I would be with you guys the whole time,” Rose explained. “They have said that they can meet up with you whenever it is most convenient for you and where you would be most comfortable.”

 

“Is it possible to meet at our house or do you usually frown upon something like that?” Justin asked.

 

“Generally it is not recommended but if you are comfortable with that idea then we can set it up that way.”

 

“What do you think about that Olivia?” Justin asked.

 

“I don’t know,” she shrugged. “I guess that would be fine.” She looked over at Sierra.

 

“That’d be fine,” Sierra said. “Preferably on the weekend though. Just because that always seems to be the easiest for everyone.

 

“Any weekend is fine. They can pick the date and time.”

 

“I’ll let them know that then. I can let you know what they decided and we can arrange directions and things like that,” she said.

 

“Okay,” Justin nodded.

 

“Are you interested in knowing a little bit about their past and a little bit about what they are doing now?”

 

“Can I just know their names and then ask them when we meet?” Olivia asked.

 

“Sure,” Rose fiddled with a folder for a minute before speaking again. “Tyler is 19 and Jill is 17.” She talked to them for a little bit longer and then they left.

 

Justin looked in the rearview mirror on their way home from meeting with Rose. He smiled at Olivia and then glanced over at Sierra who was looking out the window.

 

“I’m really proud of you Olivia,” he said.

 

“Why?” She asked.

 

“Because you are acting very mature about all of this,” Justin responded. “Plus I get to be proud of you because you’re my daughter.”

 

Sierra looked over at Justin and smiled softly. She reached over and covered his hand in hers before squeezing it lightly. Justin returned her smile and turned his hand so he could hold hers.

End Notes:
Thanks for the feedback!
Chapter 28 by Christine
June 2014 

“Josephine,” Justin suggested.

 

“Ewww … you’ve got to be kidding me, Justin,” Sierra turned around to look at him.

 

“I am. I just wanted to hear your reaction,” he grinned and walked over to the fridge. “Do you want something to drink?”

 

“I have some orange juice,” she answered. Lady jumped up onto the couch and laid her head on Sierra’s lap. Sierra shook her head but didn’t make any attempt to shoo her off. She had slowly been allowed onto all of the furniture in the house even Justin and Sierra’s bed.

 

“What about Madison, Elizabeth, Haley, Raina, Gabby, Sam, Sydney?” Sierra read them off the list she wrote inside the cover of a baby name book.

 

Justin didn’t respond as he finished getting a drink.

 

“I have the perfect name,” Justin said as he walked into the living room. He put his drink on the side table and then plopped down on the couch next to Sierra.

 

“What’s that?” Sierra asked with a smile. She ran her fingers through Lady’s curly hair.

 

“Carolyn Mae,” he answered. “What do you think?”

 

“I think you’ve thought about that one a lot,” Sierra stated immediately recognizing where all three names had come from. “I do like it though.”

 

“What do you think baby?” He put his head down near her stomach. “Do you like Carolyn?” Justin waited for a second. “She does.”

 

Sierra shook her head with a laugh as his eyes gazed up to look at her. She moved her hand off of Lady and up into his hair. Justin grinned at the feel. “You need a haircut.”

 

“Why? I was thinking of growing it out,” Justin sat up straight letting her hand drop from his head.

 

“Don’t even think about it. It looked awful when you had it long however long ago that was,” she shook her head in disgust.

 

“Thanks for the love,” Justin said. He leaned over and kissed her quickly. “So Mom said you guys were going to go shopping for stuff for the nursery when we go home this week.”

 

“That’s the plan. It’s going to be girls’ day, so you can watch Cameron for me. Please.” She said.

 

“I was going to take John and Steven golfing one day, so I guess Cameron can come along for that.”

 

“Are you sure that’s a good idea?”

 

“Yes,” Justin said. “He needs to learn how to golf.”

 

“I don’t know if he needs to, but that’s sweet of you to want to teach him,” Sierra grinned. She reached up and put her hand on his cheek before leaning in to kiss him. “I love you so much.”

 

“I love you too.”

 

“Will you get his old crib out of the attic and set it up in our room so we’ll have it ready when she’s born?” Sierra smiled against his lips as she rubbed a hand over her stomach.

 

“I knew you wanted something out of that,” Justin grinned. “I’ll get it tomorrow.”

 

“Thank you.”

 

--

 

“So what color did you guys decide to have the nursery painted?” Lynn asked Sierra as the two stepped into a furniture store outside of downtown Memphis a few days later. Justin had decided to take the kids to see a movie letting the two of them have time to themselves.

 

“Oh this,” Sierra said opening up her purse. She pulled out the lavender paint sample and showed it to Lynn. “I’ve got to give it to the painters when we meet with them this afternoon over at the house.”

 

“That’s pretty.”

 

“I found some bedding first and then we decided on this color,” Sierra continued as she put it back into her purse. “Well where do we start?” She looked around the large space.

 

“Can I help you with something ladies?” A salesman approached them.

 

“Could you just point us in the direction of the baby furniture?” Sierra asked.

 

“It’s to the left would you like me to show you there?”

 

“No thanks,” Lynn answered.

 

“Come and find me if you have any questions,” he said.

 

“Thanks,” Sierra smiled and then followed Lynn in that general direction.

 

“I want something white and something that she can grow into,” Sierra said as they approached the baby furniture. Lynn nodded.

 

“Well it looks like they have a decent selection,” she said. They browsed through a little bit before Sierra stopped at a crib to take a closer look.

 

“This is nice,” she stepped back and looked at the white, sleigh-style crib. “What does the other stuff look like that goes with it?” They walked around the crib and looked at the changing table and dresser. “There is a lot of storage in this.” She opened the cabinet doors on the changing table.

 

“Which is always a good thing,” Lynn stated as she eyed the price tag for all three pieces. “It’s a good price too, for all three.”

 

“Maybe I should get a second dresser though. Or that armoire we looked at back there would go good with it.”

 

“I think getting the armoire is a better idea,” Lynn said.

 

“I do too,” Sierra said as she looked over at her. “Let’s go find that guy and but this stuff.”

 

“Have you been out here at all?” Sierra asked Lynn as they pulled onto the property. It was a few hours later and after making a couple more stops they were meeting Justin and the kids out at the new house. Lynn parked the car behind Justin’s SUV.

 

“Yeah, the last Justin was here I came over with him,” she answered as they got out of the car. They walked over to the house and headed inside. The kids were running around upstairs and Sierra smiled as she heard Justin tell them to knock it off. Lynn and Sierra came around the corner at the top of the stairs.

 

“Grandma come on, you have to come see this,” Olivia grabbed her hand and pulled her towards one of the glass pivot doors that led outside. Cora followed.

 

“What are they so excited about?” Sierra asked as she approached Justin who was standing in the dinning room with Cameron on his hip.

 

“The stuff in the backyard, they love the swing-set and pool,” he smiled and leaned in to kiss her cheek. “How was shopping?”

 

“It was great. You’re going to love the stuff we picked out,” Sierra smiled and ran her hand over Cameron’s back. “Did you like the movie sweetie?”

 

“Yeah. There were funny animals,” Cameron giggled and rambled on about the movie for a little longer. Sierra smiled at his enthusiasm about the cartoon.

 

“Why don’t you go outside and show Grandma your tree house,” Justin suggested and set Cameron on the floor.

 

“Okay,” Cameron said and ran for the door the other three had just gone out of.

 

“When are they going to deliver the furniture?” He asked.

 

“The day we move in. They have to order it and I’ll call them when we get the final move-in day. I thought that would be the easiest,” Sierra said.

 

“That works, I just talked to Dave and he was saying the end of July at the latest. He was thinking more like 2 weeks though, since they just have to do all of the finishes and paint.”

 

“Okay, I think I’m going to start feeling the stress of it all in a little bit. Since the baby is due in three weeks and we’ve got to start packing,” Sierra sighed. “It’s too much stuff at once.”

 

“Don’t worry about it all,” Justin said and wrapped his arm around her. He kissed her forehead and pulled away when some of the construction workers came back into the room. “Did you notice the floor?”

 

“Yeah, I did. It’s gorgeous,” Sierra looked at the mahogany floor beneath the thick plastic that was covering it. “It’s going to look really good with what we’re going to do to the walls down here.”

 

“Mmhmm,” Justin nodded.

 

“Justin, Sierra.” They turned around at the sound of Dave’s voice.

 

“Hello again,” Justin said.

 

“This is John, the painter,” Dave introduced.

 

“Oh great,” Sierra nodded and reached into her purse, “I have the paint samples we picked out right here.” She pulled the colored cards out.

 

“Let’s go upstairs then and talk about those rooms first,” Dave said.

 

--

 

“I’m scared,” Olivia said quietly.

 

“Understandable,” Sierra responded with a smile. “You’re big brother and big sister sound very nice.”

 

“I know,” Olivia said.

 

“It’ll be fine,” Sierra wrapped her arms around Olivia and gave her a hug.

 

“All right,” She pulled away when the doorbell rang. “I’ll go get it. Go ahead and sit in the living room with Dad.” Sierra gave an encouraging smile to Olivia before heading into the foyer to open the door. The two teenagers on the porch looked just as nervous as Olivia.

 

“Hello,” Sierra said. “Ya’ll must be Jill and Tyler come on in.” Sierra smiled at the two of them as they came inside. She closed the door behind him.

 

“Thanks for having us over Mrs. Timberlake.” Tyler said.

 

“You are both very welcome. Anything for Olivia,” Sierra smiled. “Let’s go on into the living room and ignore the mess please. We just got back from Tennessee this morning.” The three of them walked into the living room where Justin and Olivia sat on the couch.

 

“Hey,” Justin stood up and walked over to where Sierra was standing with Tyler and Jill. He held out his hand. “I’m Justin,” he introduced himself, “and this is Olivia.”

 

“Hi,” Olivia said quietly.

 

“Hi Olivia,” Jill smiled. Tyler did the same.

 

“Well you guys sit down,” Sierra said. “Does anyone want anything to drink?”

 

“No thank you,” Tyler said. Jill shook her head no as well. They sat down on the couch next to each other, while Justin sat back down next to Olivia and Sierra sat on the other side of him.

 

“Well,” Justin started. “I guess you guys can ask us anything you want and I hope that you’ll be just as open with us as well.” It was quiet for a moment before Sierra spoke up.

 

“Are you guys in school?” She asked.

 

“Jill is going to be a senior this year and I work. I want to take classes eventually but it isn’t an option right now,” Tyler explained.

 

“So are you excited about your last year of high school?” Sierra asked.

 

“Yeah, I’m just ready to get out,” Jill answered.

 

“I don’t blame you. I was ready to be done with it too,” Sierra smiled.

 

“Mom, I’m hungry,” Cameron came into the room with Lady trailing behind him. She noticed the two new people in the house and ran over to them.

 

“Lady, come!” Justin said. “Sorry about that. She’s still a puppy.” He called the dog over before she had a chance to jump on either of their laps.

 

“That’s okay,” Jill said. “She’s cute.”

 

“You’re always hungry,” Sierra said. “Let’s wait until dinner.” She pulled him onto her lap and wrapped her arms around him. “This is my son, Cameron. Cameron this is Jill and Tyler.”

 

“Hey,” Tyler leaned back onto the couch and wrapped his arm over the back of it.

 

“Hi,” Cameron grinned. Sierra kissed the side of his head. “Who they?”

 

“They are Olivia’s brother and sister.”

 

“Like me?”

 

“In a way yes,” Sierra answered.

 

“Oh-k,” he seemed satisfied with that answer.

 

“Where’s Cora?” Sierra asked before he could ask any more questions that she might not know how to answer.

 

“On computer.”

 

“Cora is my little sister,” Sierra started to explain to Jill and Tyler. “I’ve been raising her for about five years now, I guess …”

 

They made small talk for a while longer before Olivia brought up the topic of their mother.

 

“What was she like?” Olivia asked.

 

“Hmm …” Tyler thought for a moment. “She was nice for the most part, but than she got mixed up in some pretty bad things. When she got involved in that stuff it got really bad. She was abusive mostly towards me.” He cleared his throat nervously. He didn’t really care to talk about it but knew that Olivia needed to know.

 

“She just went off the deep end and was unable to care for us in the long run.”

 

“What kind of things did she do?”

 

“She got into certain drugs and alcohol,” he answered. “Social services pulled us out and the last time we saw her was when she terminated her rights as a parent, which was in 2005.”

 

“Do you know why you guys were never adopted too?” They both shrugged.

 

“Maybe because we were older. It’s hard to say why,” Jill answered. “I’m glad that the two of us were able to stick together and not be split apart though.” She looked over at Tyler who grinned at her. He moved his arm from the couch to her shoulders before giving her a light squeeze. “And we are glad that you’ve been able to have the family that you deserve.”

 

“You guys deserve a family too,” Justin said and smiled softly.

 

“Would you like to stay for dinner?” Sierra asked after a couple of minutes of silence. She pushed Cameron off of her lap and stood up slowly.

 

“Yeah, stay for dinner,” Olivia said.

 

“Well I guess we could,” Jill looked to Tyler for his response. They noticed that she turned to him for a lot of answers and guidance throughout the past few hours.

 

“Certainly,” he answered with a nod towards Jill. She smiled too.

 

“Great,” Sierra said and looked down at Cameron. “Do you want to help me out?”

 

“Yes!” Cameron said excitedly and took off for the kitchen. Sierra shook her head and followed him leaving the four to keep getting acquainted with each other.

Chapter 29 by Christine
July 2014 

Sierra groaned and rolled over on the bed. She had been trying to fall asleep for a couple of hours but was uncomfortable. Justin placed his hand on her thigh and squeezed it lightly.

 

“Quite moving,” he whispered loudly.

 

“My back is killing me,” Sierra answered.

 

“That doesn’t mean I have to suffer too,” he said.

 

Sierra turned her head and glared. “Don’t start … I have been having small contractions off and on for the past 12 hours.”

 

“Why didn’t you say something?” Justin’s voice softened. He moved so he could place a hand on her lower back, and made small circular motions there.

 

“Because it is not serious right now,” she answered.

 

“That still doesn’t mean you couldn’t have told me,” he said.

 

“I know,” Sierra sighed and settled her head back down on the pillow. “Just keep doing that, it feels good.”

 

“I can do that,” Justin settled back down on the bed too. “How far apart are they?”

 

“Just about 45 minutes,” she answered quietly and closed her eyes.

 

“We have to go to the hospital at 20 minutes,” he stated.

 

“Or when my water breaks, but that will be a while still,” she said.

 

“Mmhmm,” Justin sighed. “Good thing Mom came in yesterday.”

 

“Yep. I’m going to try and get some sleep now.”

 

“Okay.” Justin said and closed his eyes too. He kept his hand on her back before drifting off to sleep.

 

--

 

“Hey where are you going?” Justin asked when Sierra got off the couch.

 

“To get a snack,” she started to head into the kitchen. “I need to move around some. When I was in labor with Cameron, they made me walk around to speed things up.” Lady came running into the kitchen when she heard the fridge door open. “You are a smart puppy aren’t you?”

 

“How are you feeling?” Lynn asked when she came into the kitchen.

 

“I’m ready to get this show on the road,” she answered and pulled out some sliced cheese to snack on.

 

“I don’t blame you,” Lynn said. “I’m going to take the kids to the movies, and hopefully when we’re done you guys will be at the hospital.”

Sierra smiled as Lynn squeezed her arm lightly before leaving the room. She headed back into the room with the plate of cheese in her hand and Lady at her heels. Sierra sat back down on the couch next to Justin.

 

They said good-bye to the kids and Lynn when they left for the movie theater. Justin and Sierra watched a movie on TV for another hour before she got up to go to the bathroom.

 

“You okay?” He asked when she came back out.

 

“It’s time to go to the hospital,” Sierra said.

 

“Really?” Justin asked and stood up from the couch. He turned the TV off and picked up his keys and wallet from one of the end tables in the room. “Did your water break?”

 

“Yep,” Sierra put a hand on her stomach and took in a sharp breath, “definitely.”

 

Justin went over to her side and wrapped an arm around her back. He placed one hand on her stomach. “Can you walk?”

 

“Just … give me … a second,” Sierra held onto his hand and breathed through the contraction. Justin kissed her forehead and helped her out to the car when it was over.

 

--

 

“She sounds awfully healthy,” a nurse said. She placed the screaming baby girl on Sierra’s chest and wiped her off with a cloth a little bit.

 

“Hey Carolyn,” Sierra said and moved her arms a little to adjust the baby slightly. “Look at her Justin.”

 

“I see her,” he smiled. “She’s gorgeous.” Justin ran a finger over the baby’s forehead.

 

“We’re going to steal her away for a minute, to do a quick check-up and clean her up a little bit.”

 

“Okay,” Sierra let her go reluctantly.

 

“You did so good Sierra,” Justin brushed her hair away from her face and kissed her forehead.

 

“Are you a proud Daddy?”

 

“Always,” he said quietly.

 

“Good.” She smiled against his lips after he kissed her again. The two of them stayed quiet and watched the doctor and nurses fuss over Carolyn for a few minutes before bringing her back over.

 

“Here you go Dad. We’ll give you a few more minutes alone,” the nurse said as she handed the baby over. “And before I go, do you have a name picked out?” She picked a chart up from the table and opened it.

 

“Yeah,” Sierra answered and moved over on the bed a little bit so Justin could sit down on the edge.

 

“Last name?”

 

“Timberlake.”

 

“First?”

 

“Carolyn, C-A-R-O-L-Y-N. And her middle name is Mae, M-A-E,” Sierra said as the nurse wrote it down.

 

“Thank you.” She closed the chart as the other doctor and nurses filed out of the room. “I will be back in a little bit to take her into the nursery.”

 

“Okay,” Sierra smiled and looked over at Justin who was admiring the baby girl in his arms.

 

“This is incredible,” Justin said and traced her little features. She had calmed down a bit more as Justin counted her fingers and toes again.

 

“Yeah,” Sierra sighed. “It’s so different when she’s your own.”

 

“Mmhmm,” Justin nodded. “I thought bringing Olivia into my family was special, but this is on a whole other level.”

 

--

 

“Justin, what are you doing?” Sierra sounded annoyed as she watched him pull out the video camera from its bag. She curled her arms under Carolyn more and pulled her closer to her chest.

 

“Come on now we want to remember this forever,” he turned the camera on and pointed it in her direction. Sierra smiled. He moved the camera towards Olivia who was sitting on one of the chairs in the room. “There’s big sister Olivia, and big brother Cameron, and the ever special Aunt Cora.”

 

He moved in closer to the bed and zoomed in on Carolyn, “and there is the newest addition, Carolyn Mae.”

 

“Let me hold?” Cameron asked and held his arms towards the camera.

 

“You know what? I bet if you go and sit up there nicely next to Mom, she’ll let you hold Carolyn.” Justin tried to divert his attention away from the camera.

 

“Mmm …” He looked towards the bed and back to Justin, “no.”

 

Sierra laughed, “Just let him hold the camera Justin.”

 

“Only for a few minutes though,” Justin handed it to Cameron and made sure he had a hold of it. “Be careful.”

 

“I no break,” Cameron insisted as he moved closer to the bed with the camera.

 

“I know,” Justin said.

 

Cameron pointed the camera at Sierra. “Say hi Mom.”

 

“Hi Cam, why don’t you get Carolyn … hmm …” Sierra suggested to get the camera off of her face.

 

“She’s boring,” he answered and turned around to tape Cora and Olivia for a few seconds and then pointed the camera at Justin. Of course the whole video was probably going to be a big mess but Justin smiled and waved anyway. He then made himself comfortable on the edge of the bed to fuss over Carolyn for a moment.

 

“I done,” Cameron said after another minute.

 

“Okay,” Justin sighed and stood up. “Let’s put it away then.” He took the camera from the little boy and put it back into the bag.

 

“Can we go now?” He asked and looked up at Justin.

 

“We just got here,” Justin answered. “Let’s wait until Grandma gets here and then we’ll see.”

 

Lynn came in after a few minutes and the first thing Cameron asked was if she would take him home.

 

“Let me see the baby for a few minutes and I’ll take you home,” Lynn said as she walked over to the bed. “Can I steal her away?”

 

“Of course,” Sierra smiled and let Lynn take Carolyn from her arms. “I need a break.”

 

--

 

“Hey,” Sierra smiled when she saw Tyler and Jill walk into the room. Justin, Lynn and the kids had left a few hours before to eat dinner, which left Sierra all alone.

 

“Hello, we brought you this,” Jill held up a pink bear, “and some balloons.” She set them on the table with the other flowers and stuffed animals.

 

“Thank you,” Sierra said. “Come here and give me hugs.” Jill and Tyler did just that.

 

“Olivia called and told us right away,” Jill sat down on one of the chairs.

 

“She’s been really excited for a while now,” Sierra responded. It was quiet for a moment.

 

“We just wanted to thank you for being so nice to us and welcoming us into the family,” Tyler said.

 

“Well you guys deserve a family too,” Sierra stated.

 

“We wanted to talk to you about the offer that you and Justin made, to move us to Tennessee with you,” Tyler started. “We decided that we want to stay here so Jill can finish high school here.”

 

“Okay. That’s completely understandable,” Sierra said. “I just want you to know that it will always be there for you guys.”

 

“We know, and it was really nice of you guys to offer to do that for us,” Jill said.

 

“Anytime, you guys are family now,” Sierra smiled as a nurse came in the room with Carolyn.

 

“Hello everybody,” she said and picked the baby up. Jill and Tyler nodded hello. “It’s time for her to eat.”

 

“Great,” Sierra sat up a little and held out her arms for Carolyn to be placed in them.

 

“You are sure you don’t want to nurse right?” she asked.

 

“Yes,” Sierra answered, “I want Justin to be able to do something.”

 

“Good thinking,” the nurse handed her a bottle and cloth diaper. “I’ll be back in and hour to check on her.”

 

“Okay, thank you,” Sierra smiled and adjusted Carolyn before she began to feed her.

 

“What did ya’ll name her again?” Jill asked.

 

“Carolyn Mae,” Sierra answered.

 

“Oh that’s right,” Jill said. “It’s a nice name.”

 

“Mmhmm … Justin gave it to her,” Sierra looked down at Carolyn. “She’s named after my Aunt Carrah, his mom, Lynn, and my mom, Mae.” It was quiet for a minute before she spoke up again. “So how has ya’lls week been?”

 

“It’s been good,” Jill answered. “I have a date tonight.”

 

“Ooo … really? Tell me about him,” Sierra asked. Jill told her about the guy she met at work the other day while Tyler huffed next to her.  Jill and he stayed for another hour talking and taking turns holding the baby before they left Sierra alone again.

 

Justin came in a few minutes after they left.

 

“Hey,” he kissed her on the forehead and ran a finger over Carolyn’s. “How’s she doing?”

 

“Just fine,” Sierra answered. “She ate about an hour ago. Did you see Jill and Tyler on your way in? That just left here.”

 

“Oh yeah,” Justin said and pulled a chair over closer to the bed. “It’s too bad they aren’t going to move to Tennessee with us.”

 

“Yeah, but it’d be hard for Jill to start at a new school senior year. So it’s for the best,” Sierra said.

 

“Yeah,” Justin agreed.

 

“So what are you doing here?” Sierra asked.

 

“I’m going to spend the night here. Mom kicked me out of the house since I was pacing,” Justin answered. Sierra laughed. “Can I hold her?”

 

“Of course, you don’t have to ask,” Sierra said as Justin reached over to take her from her arms. He sat back down and adjusted Carolyn in his arms. Sierra watched Justin admire their baby while she thought about how to tell him what she’d been thinking about recently.

 

“So …” Sierra started Justin glanced up and her and smiled. “Justin I don’t think I want to have anymore kids. Now I know what I said before we got married, but I’m happy with it being us and just the four of them. Plus now we have Olivia’s brother and sister as well. I just feel like our family is complete.”

 

“You know what?” Justin asked and looked up at her as he held Carolyn close. “I agree.”

 

“Really?” Sierra sounded surprised and let out a breath of air.

 

“Yeah.” Justin nodded and looked down at Carolyn for a minute. “Our family is perfect.”

End Notes:
Only one more chapter to go in this reposting adventure!!! :D
Chapter 30 by Christine
August 2014 

“All right,” Justin said as he and Sierra stood outside of their new house. “Here we are …”

 

“Without our stuff,” Sierra finished for him. She turned around to open the back door. Sierra unhooked the carrier from its base and got Carolyn out.

 

“The movers should be here any minute,” Justin said.

 

Lady jumped out of the car and took off to check out the new place. Cora and Olivia climbed out of the car as well and Cameron fought with the straps on his car seat before Justin helped him out.

 

Cameron took off for the tree house in the back yard behind Cora and Olivia.  Sierra pulled the visor up on the carrier to cover Carolyn’s face from the sun.

 

“I’m going to go make sure he’s okay,” Sierra walked away and followed the three of them to the backyard.

 

Justin waved to his Mom and Dad when he saw their car pull up. They parked in the empty space next to Justin’s SUV and got out.

 

“Hey,” Lynn smiled as she walked over to where Justin was standing. “Where is everybody?”

 

“They’re out at the tree house,” Justin answered.

 

“We passed the movers a few miles back, so they should be here soon,” Paul said.

 

“Oh good,” he responded and walked over to open the front door. The house still smelled of fresh paint, which drifted out as he unlatched the second door to open that one as well.

 

“I bet it would be easier to bring the furniture up those stairs,” Paul said referring to the stars that led down into the backyard.

 

“Probably,” Justin thought about it for a minute. “They won’t have to fight with the turn in the stairs.”

 

“I’m going to go over by the kids and Sierra,” Lynn said. She squeezed Justin’s forearm and walked away from Paul and him. 

 

The moving truck rumbled down the drive and parked.  Justin and Paul directed the men on where to go.  They spent the day getting everything moved in and arranged the way they wanted it.

 

--

 

Sierra unlocked the front door and opened it. “Hey,” she smiled at the woman on the other side.

 

“Hello,” the woman smiled warmly, “I’m Sarah Douglass. I love down the road and we’ve been watching this house come up. So I thought I’d come over, introduce myself and bring over something for your guys to eat.” She held up the ceramic casserole dish.

 

“I’m Sierra Timberlake and this is Carolyn Mae,” Sierra introduced herself and adjusted Carolyn in her arms.

 

“Well, it’s very nice to meet you both. Would you like me to take this up for you?” Sarah asked.

 

“Sure, come on in,” Sierra stepped aside so she could come in.

 

“How old is she?”

 

“She’s just a month,” Sierra answered as they headed up the stairs. “You can just put that in the fridge.”  She put Carolyn in the carrier that was on the counter. 

 

“So now the name Timberlake sounds familiar,” Sarah said as she put the dish in the fridge. 

 

“I’m married to Justin Timberlake,” Sierra said.

 

“Okay,” Sarah nodded. “My youngest, Gwen, she was a big fan.”  She sat down on one of the kitchen stools.

 

“He’s had a lot of fans,” Sierra said. “Would you like some iced tea?”

 

“Sure.”

 

“So how long have you lived out here?”

 

“Almost 30 years,” Sarah answered.

 

“Wow, I hope we stay out here that long.”

 

“Hello,” Justin said as he came into the house.

 

“Hey sweetie,” Sierra gave him a quick kiss. “This is our neighbor, Sarah Douglass. Sarah this is my husband, Justin.”

 

“Nice to meet you, Mrs. Douglass,” Justin said.

 

“Just call me Sarah,” she said.

 

“Okay,” Justin diverted his attention to Carolyn when he saw her resting in the carrier.  “There’s my little one.”

 

“She just went down Justin,” Sierra said as she put ice in two glasses.

 

“I won’t wake her up. I just want to sit with her on the couch,” Justin lifted the baby up and wrapped her up in his arms.

 

“Daddy’s little girl?” Sarah asked Sierra after Justin had settled himself down on the couch.

 

“Well, it’s definitely a tie between her and Olivia.  I don’t think he could choose.”  She glanced over at Justin who had turned the TV on.  Sierra sat down on another stool next to Sarah.  They sat and talked until they were interrupted by Cameron.  Sarah left an hour later after offering her services as babysitter.

 

--

 

“What are you doing?” Justin asked as he plopped down on the bed next to Sierra.  He rested his head on her legs, which were stretched out in front of her.

 

“What does it look like?” She asked. Sierra turned the page in her book without looking at him.  “I’m waiting for Carolyn to wake up to feed her.”

 

“I’ll do that. You take a break,” Justin said.

 

“The bottles -”

 

“Are in the fridge,” Justin cut her off. “I know I’ve done this before.”

 

“Sorry,” Sierra apologized.

 

“Don’t say that,” Justin sat up when Carolyn’s cries came over the baby monitor.  He kissed her on the lips before he climbed off the bed and out of their bedroom.

 

“What are you reading?” Cameron climbed onto the bed next to her.

 

“One of my books,” Sierra answered and put her arm around Cameron when he snuggled against her.

 

“Read to me?”

 

“You wouldn’t like it. Do you want to get one of your books?”

 

“No. Care’s loud,” Cameron stated.

 

“Yes she is you were loud too.”

 

“No.

“Yes,” Sierra kissed his forehead.

 

Justin came back in the room with Carolyn and a bottle.  He settled on the bed next to Sierra and Cameron.  Cora and Olivia made their way into the room too and jumped onto the bed.  Lady’s collar jingled and a second later she was on the bed too. 

 

Cameron took that as his cue to tackle the dog.  She squirmed and yipped and Cameron teased her.  The girls got involved to and before Justin and Sierra knew it there was a tangled up mess of the three kids and the dog at the end of their bed. 

 

Sierra laughed and she leaned against Justin.  She looked down at Carolyn, the other kids and then back to Justin.  He grinned and then leaned down to kiss her.  Sierra sighed and snuggled closer before closing her eyes with a smile on her face.   

The End

End Notes:

I hope that you all enjoyed the story!  Thanks to those who have written feedback.

One last thing, if you're interested this is what their house is supposed to look like: http://www.n-outsync.net/storyplans/Sissy/plans.html.  Yes, I drew those ... it's what I do.  lol.

This story archived at http://nsync-fiction.com/archive/viewstory.php?sid=887