friends will be there by MrsTimberlake18
Summary: when nicole needs some cheering up, the boys of *NSYNC rally around her. she may just realize she haz all the love she needs right there.
Categories: Completed Het Stories Characters: Group
Awards: None
Genres: Alternate Universe, General, Humor
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 3 Completed: Yes Word count: 1706 Read: 4952 Published: May 22, 2008 Updated: May 28, 2008
Story Notes:
nicole is 18 & justin is 21. joey is 25, lance is 23, chris is 31, & jc is 26. nicole is my original character, please do not take it.

1. Chapter 1 by MrsTimberlake18

2. Chapter 2 by MrsTimberlake18

3. Chapter 3 by MrsTimberlake18

Chapter 1 by MrsTimberlake18
18 year old Nicole lay on her back on her bed. Silent tears rolled down her face as she sobbed. ’But John, I don’t want to lose you!’

‘Sorry, I have to go.’


The painful words of the last conversation she had with her best friend only hours earlier replayed in her mind. That was the last time she’d ever see him & it hurt that he played it so casually.

She was pulled back from her thoughts by the phone ringing. She swiped at her eyes & tried to keep the tears out of her voice. “Hello?”

“Hey, girl!” she heard a chorus of five boys say.

She smiled faintly, knowing it was her friends from *NSYNC. She’d met them through a telethon & they had been friends for 2 years.

“We just called to see how our favorite girl is,” Joey continued.

“Oh, I-I’m good,” she tried to lie.

There was a rustle on the line & a soft, southern voice flowed through. “Nicole, we can tell when you've been crying. What's wrong?” Justin asked.

She sniffled as more tears fell. “You boys know me too well.”

“Yes, we do, Sweetie,” JC told her. “Now, what happened?”

“It’s John. He - he left,” she cried.

“What do you mean ‘left’? Did he hurt you? do we need to send Lonnie as backup?”

“No, JC,” she chuckled softly. “He moved away “ for good.”

“Oh, Baby Girl, we’re sorry,” Justin soothed.

“It’s ok. He only hurt my heart. I’ll get over it.”

“Well, it’s his loss,” Lance chimed in.

This time it was Chris who spoke. “Yeah, if he can't keep in touch then he’s too dumb to see how wonderful you are.”

“Thanks.”

“Listen Girl, we have to do a show but we’ll talk soon, ok?” Joey asked.

“Ok. Thanks for the call. Don’t make too many girls faint, ok?” she laughed, feeling a little better.

“We won’t. We only have eyes for you,” Chris answered.

“Love you, guys.”

“Love you!” they sing-songed.

When the call ended, Nicole sniffled. She felt ok now that she’d talked to the boys but her heart still ached with the unreturned love from John.

She’d fallen in love with him in the short time they were friends but he never loved her back. Now he was gone & she was once again alone. She changed for bed, not even bothering to see what her brother made for dinner, & cried herself to sleep.

END OF CH1
End Notes:
AN: CH2 might take a few days cuz i have no real plan for this fic. if anyone wants anythin put in ch2, let me know.
Chapter 2 by MrsTimberlake18
Author's Notes:
sorry its short. low on ideas but im tryin to get a chapter3.
Nicole was sleeping the next morning, dry tear stains on her cheeks. She was pulled into consciousness by the sweetest voice she had ever heard. “Nicole, Baby Girl. Wake up.”

Her eyes fluttered open for a brief second then closed; not realizing the guys stood next to her bed.

“It’s me, Justin. The guys are here to. Time to get up.”

A smile played on her lips but her eyes remained closed.

“Ok, you hold this,” Joey said handing an iced cappuccino to JC. “Ready, Chris?”

Before Lance, JC or Justin could protest, the 2 men jumped on the bed & started tickling Nicole.

“Ok, I’m up!” she shrieked, laughing.

“Ok, get off her,” Lance told them.

They moved & she sat up. “Good, you're up,” Joey announced.

“Yeah, Genius,” she joked with a tired voice.

“C’mon. We have to get goin’,” Chris told her before feeling 4 hands slap him upside the head. “Ow!”

“Way to ruin it,” JC said.

“What are you talking about?” Nicole asked.

“We’re saying, you, us, fun. We’re taking you out for the day.”

“I don't know, guys. I’m not “.”

“We know you're not up to it,” Justin chimed in. “That’s why you have to come with us.” He took her hands & pulled her up.

He held her until Lance got her crutches. “Where are we going?” she asked, knowing they wouldn't give up.

“It’s a surprise,” Lance answered.
End Notes:
ch3 will be in about a week
Chapter 3 by MrsTimberlake18
Author's Notes:
AN: im movin justin up to age 21 so he has the buzz cut. i didnt want his hair messed up by what they decide 2 do that day. hopefully you'll understand what i mean when u read the paint scene lol.
Later that morning, the boys took Nicole to the local venue they were performing at tomorrow night. After they rehearsed, Chris ran up to Nicole. “Did you see what he’s doing?” he asked.

She looked over to Justin who was laying on the moving walkways. She laughed & he smiled up at her.

“Bounce, man, you did that last year when we filmed the making of NSA,” JC said, coming up to them.

“I know but it’s fun,” Justin answered innocently.

“He’s almost as big of a kid as you & Chris,” Lance told Joey.

“Hey! Should I resent that?” Justin asked.

“No,” Nicole told him. “You guys are responsible so it’s ok to have a little fun.”

“Speaking of which, you need fun too.” Justin hopped up & took her hands.

When JC set down her crutches, Justin led her over to the moving sidewalk. “Ok, just step on.”

“I don't know...,” she hesitated.

“Don’t worry. I’ll hold you up.” He gripped her hands tightly as it started moving.

Chris turned on ‘Space Cowboy’ & everyone cheered. Justin started moving his body, dancing with Nicole as she held onto him.

“This is fun!” she laughed as the guys started singing. The others joined them, each jumping off after a few steps to switch places. “Ok, now I’m getting dizzy from them jumping.”

“Guys, I think that’s enough,” Justin laughed.

They all plopped down, laying on the floor. Arms & legs of the 6 people were criss-crossed. “What should we do now?” Lance asked.

They thought for a minute & the guys all shouted out, “PAINTBALL!”
----
The rules of the game were really simple and it sounded like so much fun. The six players divided into two groups. Nicole, Justin and Lance were on one team while JC, Joey, and Chris were on the other team. They all decided that they should play in an arena to make it easier than playing outside. Nicole was also in her wheelchair.

First off, they had to wear different colored shirts depending on their team. Nicole’s team all wore blue shirts while JC and the gang wore red shirts. Once the game started, things started to get real crazy. “I’M gonna get you, Justin!!” shouted Chris like a maniac. Nicole watched as Justin ran away from Chris and laughed out loud at the same time.

While she had her back turned she felt a splat of paint on the back of her seat. She turned around with her mouth hanging open. “JOEY!” she yelled. Joey was laughing so hard next to her. With that opportunity, Nicole quickly shot at him a couple of times.

“Hey stop it, Nic!” he cried, laughing and running from Nicole. Nicole was just laughing right back enjoying herself.

Justin looked over at her and smiled to himself. He was so glad to see her have fun.
---
AFTER PAINTBALL, the group decided to throw a barbeque in Nicole’s yard.

As the were setting up, Lance asked, “hey, where’d Nic go?”

“She was just here,” JC answered.

“I’ll go look,” Justin told them.

Justin jogged down the sidewalk, slowing down next to Nicole. She hadn’t gone far but she needed the distance.

“Where you runnin’, pretty girl?”

“I’m not running,” she told him, not looking at him. She then added in a voice he barely heard, “I’m not pretty.”

Justin looked at her, still walking along side of her. "What'd you just say?"

She had her head bowed and quietly replied. "I'm not pretty!" she repeated.

As he stopped in front of her, he said, "Nicole, you are! You are one of the most beautiful girls inside and out that I have ever laid eyes on."

Nicole looked at Justin disbelieving.

“Come here.” He pulled her to sit on the curb. “Look, I know what you're going through. Heartbreak is the worst & I wish you never felt it.”

Her eyes were tearing up. “It just hurts that I wasn't enough.”

“You are. Any guy who doesn’t realize that isn't good enough for [i]you[/i]. You are 1 of the most wonderful people I’ve known. You can't keep things inside because people make you feel like you're less than you are.”

“But it feels like no matter what I do, no guy will ever love me!”

“Look at me.” He stroked her cheek. “You know what I see when I look in your eyes?”

She tried to look away but he wouldn’t let her. “Justin, just drop it. It’s not worth it.”

You're worth it. I see someone fun & energetic. I see someone who can kick butt with 1 punch.” He chuckled at that & continued. “I see someone so full of life but also someone who just wants to be loved.”

“I don’t think that’ll happen.”

“Stop saying that. It will. One day, you'll turn around & find someone who sees exactly what I see. The pain will last awhile, yes, but it will lessen. The guy you find will see the beautiful soul inside you & see the beauty you have outside.”

Deep down, Justin loved Nicole but knew she was hurting & that it was too soon to tell her. For now, all he could do was keep her spirits up.

She leaned into him, listening to him breathe. He always knew the right thing to say. “I don’t want to wait though.”

“I know but you can't rush it. When you find that perfect love, you'll know. And we all know that love is painful, but it’s the good things outweighing the bad that make it the 1 that lasts. You'll find it, girl. I promise.”

“Are you going to break into a song?” she joked, leaning back up.

“Maybe with the guys but only because you know you like it.”

He wrapped an arm around her, helping her up & they walked back to her house. She knew it’d take time but at least now she felt love instead of only giving love.

THE END!
End Notes:
AN: was the fic good?
This story archived at http://nsync-fiction.com/archive/viewstory.php?sid=897