As Fate Would Have It by Sassy Spacey
Summary: Sometimes its all about being in the right place at the right time.

Collaboration with: Erica (http://untilforever98.proboards91.com/?)
Categories: In Progress Het Stories Characters: JC Chasez, Justin Timberlake
Awards: None
Genres: Alternate Universe, Drama, Romance
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 4 Completed: No Word count: 4806 Read: 6827 Published: May 30, 2008 Updated: May 30, 2008
Story Notes:
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

1. Chapter One: Brooke & Justin by Sassy Spacey

2. Chapter Two: JC & Elizabeth aka Izzie by Sassy Spacey

3. Chapter Three by Sassy Spacey

4. Chapter Four by Sassy Spacey

Chapter One: Brooke & Justin by Sassy Spacey
Photobucket

Chapter One - Brooke & Justin

Brooke Lewis was tired. She hadn’t slept well the night before because she’d gone to bed late, and she sure was paying for it today. Not to mention the store was absolutely dead today, that was just the icing on the cake. Thank God it was Friday. As she walked out of the mall the bright sun hit her eyes. She immediately reached into her oversized purse to fish out her sunglasses before she got a migraine. She found them before she found her car and sighed with relief when she put them on. She ventured more into the parking lot and finally found her small Honda Civic and unlocked it before getting in. She started it up and ventured out of the parking lot after finding her favourite radio station. She sang along to a few popular songs as she made her way a few blocks down the road to the elementary school. She quickly found a spot to park and shut it off. She stretched as she got out of the car and made her way to the junior kindergarten door to wait for Harlow.

Harlow, was Brooke’s bright, green-eyed baby girl. She just turned five a month ago, and was the absolute light of her life. She’d been an oopsie baby for Brooke back when she had first started college, but Brooke wouldn’t change anything for the world. Sure, her life had dramatically changed because of it, but she wasn’t going to. The door opened soon enough and Brooke scanned the group of little kids in their cute little jumpers and Dora the Explorer backpacks for her daughter. When she laid eyes on her, she smiled. Harlow caught her eye and immediately went running for her.

“Mommy!” She cried, launching herself at Brooke.
“Well hello there Princess.” Brooke smiled, picking up the little girl and hoisting her on her hip.
“Hi.” She smiled. Brooke kissed her forehead before waving to her teacher and turning around to walk towards the car.
“Did you have a good day at school baby?” Brooke asked softly while strapping Harlow into her car seat.
“I did!” She smiled excitedly. “I played with my friends Andrew and Molly in the sandbox!” She smiled.
“You did?” Brooke smiled as she finished up and then got in her seat, starting the car.
“Yup and we made a big castle! And Mrs. Murray took a picture of it!”
“Wow, that’s awesome baby” Brooke smiled.

They made their way home to their little apartment a few blocks away. Once they arrived, Brooke herded Harlow upstairs and sent to her to her room to change out of her school clothes while she sorted through the mail.

“Bill, bill, bill, Cosmo, bill…” She mumbled to herself. Harlow came running in a few minutes later.
“Mommy, can you turn on the TV please?” She asked softly. Brooke looked down at her little girl for a moment before nodding. She placed the mail on the counter for a moment and went to turn on the TV before going into her bedroom and changing out of her work clothes. Thank God it was Friday.

*

Justin Timberlake’s day was pretty much just getting started. He’d been out late last night at the bar he owned, Cryptic and basically had just managed to pull himself out of bed. He made his way across the tiled floor of the bathroom and took in his appearance in the mirror. He looked rough, there was no doubt about that. His mother always lectured him about staying out late but as usual he never listened. Why bother? It’s not like he had anything better to do then schmooze with the patrons and drink pretty much free booze whenever he wanted. He moved away from the mirror and headed down the stairs of his small house into the kitchen. He opened the fridge and reached for a bottle of Gatorade before heading to the porch clad only in his pajama bottoms and reaching for the paper. He was just settling on the couch when the phone rang. He groaned and reached over to pick it up.

“Hello?”
“Hey sweetie.”
“Hi Mom.” He rolled his eyes.
“You just get up?”
“No Mom.” He said slowly.
“You’re lying.”
“And you would know that how?” He challenged.
“Because I’m your mother…you remember what I said to you?”
“I know Mom. Staying up late solves nothing. I know. Anything else?” He said softly.
“No. I just called to check up on you. I’ll see you tonight at the Bar?”
“Yes ma’am. See you tonight.” He smiled. “Love you.”
“Love you too.”

Justin hung up the phone and sighed. His mother was part owner of the bar as well. Hence the ever growing pressure on his head to not ruin his reputation. She also liked being around so she could scout the girls for him. That was another thing. His mother was dying for grandchildren ever since his friend JC got custody of his little boy Andrew. Damn him. He stood up from the couch, tossing the phone aside. He stretched and looked at the time. 3:45pm. He might as well get in the shower now. Another night at the bar awaits.
End Notes:
Traci - Spacey1141@hotmail.com
Erica - lets_get_dirrty098@hotmail.com
Chapter Two: JC & Elizabeth aka Izzie by Sassy Spacey
Photobucket

Chapter Two: JC and Elizabeth (Izzie)

JC Chasez woke up to the annoying constant sound of a beep going off in his left ear. Even when he thought he could tune it out, it seemed like it grew louder and louder. He buried his head under his pillow, wrapping the blanket tightly around his body to try and block out the outside world. It was Saturday, there was no reason he should be up this early.

Just when he felt sleep take over his body, the constant beeping noise drowning out, he heard his bedroom door creak open and the rush of clothes rubbing together before something landed on the bed making it sink under their weight and felt a small body land on him with a grunt.

“Dadddddyyy” came the small voice of his son Andrew as he poked at the sleeping body.

JC groaned, trying to burry his face more into the pillow.

“We have basketball todaaaayyy” his son sang to him as he stood on the bed and started to jump up and down.

JC sighed again, that’s right that was why they had to get up this early on a Saturday. His best friend and Andrew’s God father Justin convinced him that Andrew was ready to start a sport, basketball. Unfortunately that meant waking up at the crack on dawn on Saturday so that the team could practice.

JC reached over and grabbed Andrew’s legs making him fall onto his butt with laughter as JC brought him into his arms.

“What are you doin up so early?” he questioned, his voice still groggy from the sleep.

“Basketball!!!” Andrew screamed with a smile wiggling around in JC’s arms trying to escape his hold.

JC chuckled as he held him close, “It’s too early” he whined.

Andrew giggled, “Nooo … up!” he said wiggling out of JC’s arms and standing up on the bed again reaching down again to grab a hold of JC’s arm.

“Alright,” JC sighed sitting up and rubbed his tired eyes “Go get changed and brush your teeth” JC replied as she swung his legs out over the side of the bed.

Andrew jumped off the bed onto the hard wood floor with a soft thump and raced off out of the room and down the hall. JC chuckled as he ran his hand through his short hair and let out a long yawn stretching his legs and arms out.

He got up and went to his dresser pulling open the drawer and taking out a pair of faded jeans and a black polo shirt. He looked at himself in the mirror, the bags under his eyes ever so evident as the laugh lines around his eyes. He was felling much older then he was, raising a kid alone will do that to you. He wouldn’t change having Andrew in his life for anything, that little blue eyed boy was the light of his life.

He changed quickly and went into the bathroom that was connected to his bedroom and washed his face, brushed his hair and teeth. He slipped on a pair of sneakers before walking out of the room stuffing his wallet into his back pocket.

“Are you ready kiddo?” called JC as he made his way down the hall towards the room at the end, which was Andrew’s room.

“Yeahh!!” he heard before seeing Andrew appear from his bedroom with a pair of basketball shorts and a tank top that looked 2 sizes too big.

JC chuckled taking in the sight of his son, “Where are your sneakers?” he questioned.

“In the living room” Andrew replied before walking towards JC and made his way down the hallway to the living room.

JC followed him making his way to the kitchen to get a granola bar and a water bottle for Andrew to eat on the way to practice.

“Is unkle Justin gonna be there?” questioned Andrew as he sat down on the floor and pulled on his sneakers.

JC shrugged, “I don’t know, he worked late last night” he said, knowing Justin had been out late at the bar like he was almost ever Friday night.

“Oh” replied Andrew as he tied his laces.

“Maybe we’ll go see him on the way home ok?” JC questioned,

Andrew nodded with a smile. JC smiled before walking towards the front door “Alright, time to go” he said, opening the front door.

Andrew hopped to his feet before making his way towards JC to exit the house. JC disarmed the alarm on his Jeep letting Andrew climb in as he closed and locked the front door.

JC watched his son struggle with the door before climbing into the car like it was a mountain and smile at him through the window. JC smiled back, not knowing where he would be without his son in his life. Having him there definitely changed he way he did things and thought about things. He really wouldn’t have it any other way.

*

Elizabeth’s eyes began to open even though she didn’t want them too. The sun that was shinning into his small one bedroom apartment was too bright to keep hidden. She pulled the covers over her head groaning as she tried to keep the sleep from leaving her body.

She was about to let out a frustrated groan when she felt a pair of warm strong arms wrap around her from behind pulling her back towards a hard bare chest. She let out a sleepy sigh before trying to let sleep take over her again.

Just as she was about to fall asleep she heard a cell phone vibrate against the bedside dresser. She lifted her head to see whose it was, but before she could make an assessment a hand reached over her and grabbed the vibrating phone. She felt the bed shift and knew he got up and watched as he left the bedroom.

She rolled her eyes before turning and trying to get comfortable again under the covers. She actually had the weekend off and she intended to stay in bed as long as she could. Pulling the covers over her head once more she closed her eyes, but to no avail sleep had left her body and she took the covers off her face with a sigh.

“What a waste” she mumbled as she rubbed her eyes.

She sat up moving the pillow against the headboard as she leaned against it and started to put her long curly brownish blond hair into a pony tail to get it out of her face.

As she turned to get out of bed, she heard the floor board squeak as Johnny made himself known. She looked up at him as he stood in the door way watching her, yawning and scratching his bare chest.

“You gotta go?” she questioned,

He nodded simply as he made his way back into the bedroom as he rubbed his face that was all scruffy from him not shaving last night.

“I gotta go with Megan to meet her folks” he replied as he sat down next to her on the bed.

Elizabeth rolled her eyes and groaned before lying back on the bed with a huff. Johnny looked down at her and smiled before leaning down to face her, his body resting on hers.

“Izzie” he replied, reaching down to move her bangs from her eyes.

She looked at him, a pout forming on her lips and he smirked before leaning down to kiss her lips lightly.

“You know it doesn’t have to be this way” he said, his green eyes looking into her brown ones.

Elizabeth sighed and closed her eyes, “Yes it does” she said,

“How come?” he questioned,

“Cause” she said opening her eyes again to look at him seriously.

He knew why, he just wanted to hear her say it. To remind her, that them not being together had nothing to do with him and everything to do with her and her past. She couldn’t bring herself to be in a relationship with anyone, she rather be single and able to date whom she chooses then to be tied down to someone.

He chuckled before sitting up again, “Well I should get going then” he said, standing up and going to his pile of clothes and started to pull on his jeans and t-shirt.

“Are you gonna be gone all day?” She questioned as she sat up again watching him get dressed.

Johnny ran a hand through his hair that was going in all different directions from sleep before replying “I don’t know” he said, “I’ll call you”

She nodded. He slipped on his shoes before walking towards her again and leaned down to kiss her lips lightly, before deepening the kiss. They broke the kiss and Johnny leaned forward and kissed her forehead.

“I’ll see ya later ok?” he questioned.

She nodded. She waited until she heard him leave her apartment before she got up and grabbed some track pants and a tank top to change into. She really didn’t have anything planned today, now that sleeping was out of the question she had to find something to fill her time.

She usually was working on the weekends, she was a Creative Director for Teen People magazine, and Johnny was one of the photographers that the Teen People used which was how they met. Johnny had also been with his girlfriend for year, but their fling starting up 6 months into that relationship.

She knew it was wrong, she knew that she should have ended it before it even started but she couldn’t help it. Something about him had her completely attracted and she was unable to resist.

After changing she slipped on a pair of walking shoes grabbed her IPOD, cell phone and keys and headed out of her small apart for a walk. Sometimes some time to herself helped her clear her head and think about things clearer. She needed to make some changes in her life before it was too late.
End Notes:
Traci - Spacey1141@hotmail.com
Erica - lets_get_dirrty098@hotmail.com
Chapter Three by Sassy Spacey
Chapter Three

Brooke woke up the next morning to the sun shining brightly through the window in her bedroom. She rubbed her eyes slowly, but stopped when she spotted the small body laying beside her on the bed. She smiled slowly, remembering how the little girl got there. Harlow had a bad dream late last night, and instead of ushering the little girl off with a hug and a ‘it’ll be alright’ she allowed her to sleep in her bed. She liked having Harlow close to her, it reminded her of the nights that they spent together, up all night when she was a newborn.

Brooke had basically raised Harlow on her own for the passed five total years of the little girls life. Harlow’s father, was out of the picture for the most part, with the exception of the lousy child support payments that came her way once a month. She knew that was lucky in that sense. He could be doing nothing for them, but he was at least doing something.

She gently slipped out of bed, leaving the bedroom and going across the hallway to the bathroom. She started the shower before returning to her room in search of clothes. She made a mental note of the time before leaving again. Her and Harlow had a date with her step-sister Izzie today. They were going shopping because Harlow was desperate for some summer clothes, and the aforementioned support payment for her dead beat father had arrived. She stepped into the shower’s spray and closed her eyes, allowing the water to relax her. She loved her life, she really did. But lately she had been feeling that something was missing. Sure she had her job, Harlow and her family to keep her busy but there was this void that to her couldn’t be explained. But at the same time, she didn’t want anything to change. Change could ruin everything she had going for her.

She got out of the shower after washing herself up, and got dressed in a pair of dark wash jeans and a pink top. She left her hair down, but the decided to pull it up to forgo the need to dry it. She walked into her bedroom and saw Harlow waking up.
“Morning princess.” She smiled. She sat down on the bed beside Harlow.
“Morning Mommy.”
“Did you have a good sleep?”
Harlow nodded. Brooke smiled at her daughter. “Why don’t you get up and go get dressed. We’re meeting Aunt Izzie at the mall in a little bit.” She watched Harlow’s eyes light up. She loved her Aunt Izzie.
“Okay!” She jumped off the bed and dashed down the hallway towards her bedroom.

Izzie arrived just as Brooke was clearing the dishes from breakfast.
“Aunt Izzie’s here!” Harlow shouted as a knock at the door sounded. Brooke laughed and watched as she ran to answer it. Harlow waited for Brooke to come unlock it and smiled when her aunt was standing there.
“Aunt Izzie!” She cried.
Izzie looked down at her niece and smiled. “Harlow! Good morning!” She smiled. Harlow launched herself at Izzie who in turn, laughed and picked her up.

They got ready to go as the three women made idle chit chat, Harlow telling Izzie about her day yesterday and Brooke filling her in on some family gossip. They took Brooke’s car to the mall and once they were inside, they headed into Old Navy to look for Harlow first.

“So what did you do last night?” Brooke said softly, flipping through a rack of jean skirts. “You were supposed to call me”
“I got busy” Izzie said softly as she watched Harlow look through a rack of baby halter tops.
Brooke gave her a look.
“What? I was busy. I had some work stuff to do…”
“Right.”
“What about you?” Izzie asked. “You didn’t exactly call me last night…”
“Well, I spent the night with my daughter. We watched Enchanted after dinner before I gave her a bath and put her to bed. Then I stayed up and watched P.S I Love You which made me cry like a baby.” Brooke confided.
“I told you, you wouldn’t like it.” Izzie said softly as they walked around the store.
“It kinda made me miss Adam.” She said softly.
“Don’t go there Brooke.”
“I’m not. I said it kind of did. It sucks being alone and you of all people should know that.”
Izzie kept quiet.
“I mean, I have Harlow but on my days off all I do is sit around the apartment and clean or watch movies because I have nothing better to do with my life. I miss that, companionship even a shitty man brings.”
“I understand.” Izzie said softly.

The conversation died as Brooke took Harlow into a change room to try on the clothes that had been picked out. After deciding on which ones looked best, the three of them paid and left Old Navy.

They spent the day browsing all the stores, Brooke and Izzie buying a few things here and there for themselves but mostly shopped for Harlow. They stopped for lunch at Subway before heading back to the apartment.

*

Justin could of swore he heard the doorbell ring. He buried his head under the pillow as the sound returned. He willed it to go away. Finally, it stopped. Justin sighed, taking his face out of the pillow and relaxing, trying to catch some more sleep. But as soon as he felt himself falling asleep again, the knocking started. And it never stopped. Finally, after a few long moments he got out of bed, grumbling the entire way. He threw on a pair of sweat pants and a t-shirt, half expecting it to be his mom at the door.
But he was wrong.

“Uncle Justin!” Andrew exclaimed. Immediately, Justin closed his eyes to regain his composure before looking at his friend and his son.
“Hey Andrew, JC…” he growled out the last part. “Come on in.” The two Chasez men walked in. “What brings you guys by?”
“Daddy took me to play basketball! And I shooted it…” Andrew rambled. Justin looked at JC and smiled.
“That’s awesome little dude. That’s awesome.” Justin smiled. “Let’s get something to eat, shall we?”
End Notes:
Traci - Spacey1141@hotmail.com
Erica - lets_get_dirrty098@hotmail.com
Chapter Four by Sassy Spacey
Chapter Four

The boys had situated themselves in Justin’s living room sitting around the small square coffee table with a micro-waved pizza sitting in the middle, with paper plates and napkins.

JC put a small piece on Andrew’s plate warning him that it was hot and to not get burned before sitting down one edge of the couch. Justin had gone to the kitchen to get drinks bringing out a juice box for Andrew and a beer for himself and JC.

“A little early isn’t it?” JC questioned as he took the cold beer from Justin.

Justin popped the top open before taking a drink and looked back at JC, “it’s after 12” he explained with a shrug.

JC shook his head setting the beer on the table on a napkin before turning to look at Andrew who now had pizza sauce all over his face.

He chuckled before turning back to Justin, “How was the bar?” he questioned.

Justin shrugged, “Same as always” he explained, “People were extra cranky last night though, and I had to stop these two guys from getting into it over the one chick”

JC chuckled, “How’s your mom doin?” he questioned.

“She’s fine, trying to set me up with a different girl every weekend” Justin replied rolling his eyes as he took another drink of his beer.

“At least she can find girls that are interested” JC said, “Try getting a girl to go out with you with little man there hanging on your ever move”

“Andrew’s a chick magnet, what are you talking about?” Justin questioned with a smirk.

JC rolled his eyes before turning to look at his son again, who was trying to put the straw into the juice box, but his hands were covered in sauce and it wasn’t working out too well. JC sat up leaning forward to take the box from him, putting the straw into the hole and putting it back on the table. Andrew looked up at him with appreciative smile before drinking his juice.

“You should move on you know” Justin said watching his friend, “Kate would want you too”

JC rolled his eyes, “I don’t need anyone else, Andrew’s enough” he said.

Justin chuckled, “Yeah, we’ll see about that” he said before reaching over to take a piece of pizza from the plate and taking a bite.

JC remained quiet as Justin finished eating, watching Andrew.

“So when’s your next game lil buddy” Justin asked,

Andrew looked up at him, “Tuesdey…against the Sharks!” he said smiling, “Right dad?”

JC nodded, “That’s right, at 4:30” he said, “And you have the opening of that play on Thursday”

“Oh yeah!” Andrew said, “You gonna come unkle Justin?”

Justin smiled, “Of course I’ll be there” he said, “Maybe we’ll get some ice cream after ok?”

Andrew’s eyes got big and he smiled brightly, “Yeay!” he said.

Justin and JC laughed. A few minutes Andrew announced that he was done and JC helped him clean his hands before he convinced Justin to play some basketball with him. Justin finished his pizza before getting up and going with Andrew into the backyard where Justin had a small hoop and ball and the two started playing.

JC watched from the backyard, he knew that he needed to move on from Kate. He crossed his arms over his chest as he watched his son jump up and try to get the ball from Justin. His bright blue eyes getting bigger with each jump as he giggled that infectious giggle he got from his mom. He loved Kate a lot, and didn’t know if he could move on or if he even wanted to. He did know that he needed to find someone for Justin; he couldn’t keep living this way.

*

The girls decided to take their lunch back to Brooke’s to eat instead of sitting in the small restaurant. The reached Brooke’s house and situated themselves around the small dinning room table. Harlow sat in her usual chair on her booster seat trying her best to eat the large sandwich but every time she took a bite the condiments came out of the other end of the sandwich falling onto the paper plate.

Brooke watched her daughter with a smile as Harlow picked at the mayo covered condiments on the plate pouting.

“Dis is not working” Harlow pouted as she looked up at her mother.

Brooke shook her head with a giggle and looked at Izzie who was trying not to laugh.

“The sandwich is too big for you baby” Brooke said as she took a chip out of the bag that she and Izzie were sharing.

“How about you jus eat the Turkey” Brooke said as she opened up the sandwich and Harlow started to pick at the pieces of turkey that were inside.

They were quiet a few minutes as the three girls finished eating their lunch.

“So what are your plans for the rest of the weekend?” Brooke asked Izzie as she sipped her soda.

Elizabeth shrugged, “I didn’t really have anything planned” she said, “You?”

Brooke rolled her eyes, “Jus another night of Harlow and I” she said, “You’re welcome to join us”

Elizabeth looked down at her cell phone that was sitting on the table beside her place mat. She had been checking it all day to see if Johnny had called, but she no avail he hadn’t.

“Are you expecting a call?” Brooke asked,

Elizabeth looked up at her, “No” she said before putting a chip into her mouth and sat back against her seat.

Brooke watched her sister, they may have been step sisters but she knew her well enough to know when she was lying. Elizabeth was hoping Johnny would call, she would never admit that though. The sisters were quiet for a few minutes finishing their lunch before Elizabeth spoke up again.

“You know what,” she said and waited for Brooke to look at her “We should go out tonight”

Brooke made a face, “Are you crazy?” she asked,

“C’mon, we can leave Harlow with mom for a few hours” Elizabeth said, “I’ve been dying to go to this club that the girls at work were talking about”

“Which one?” questioned Brooke.

“Cryptic” Elizabeth replied, “They have a band ever Saturday night, c’mon we should go”

Brooke made a face looking at Harlow who was munching on some apple slices not really paying attention to the two women.

“When was the last time we went out like that?” Izzie questioned, “Jus the girls … c’mon … please” she smiled.

Brooke rolled her eyes, “Alright fine” she sighed, “You totally owe me for this”

Elizabeth smiled, “You won’t regret it,” she said, “I promise”

Brooke was hoping she was right.
End Notes:
Traci - Spacey1141@hotmail.com
Erica - lets_get_dirrty098@hotmail.com
This story archived at http://nsync-fiction.com/archive/viewstory.php?sid=913