Getting out of California by Schnessa
Summary: Justin and his friends to decide to take a road trip from California to Florida.
Categories: In Progress Het Stories Characters: Justin Timberlake
Awards: None
Genres: Drama, General, Romance
Challenges: None
Series: The Road Trippin' Series
Chapters: 12 Completed: No Word count: 17664 Read: 20794 Published: Jun 16, 2008 Updated: Aug 26, 2008

1. California Part One by Schnessa

2. California Part Two by Schnessa

3. Arizona is the place to be....(part one) by Schnessa

4. Arizona is the place to be...(part two) by Schnessa

5. Arizona is the place to be...(part three) by Schnessa

6. Arizona is the place to be...(part four) by Schnessa

7. New Mexico: The Land of Enchantment (Part One) by Schnessa

8. New Mexico: The Land of Enchantment (Part Two) by Schnessa

9. New Mexico: The Land of Enchantment (Part Three) by Schnessa

10. New Mexico: The Land of Enchantment (Part Four) by Schnessa

11. New Mexico: The Land of Enchantment (Part Five) by Schnessa

12. Texas: The Lone Star State (Amarillo by Morning) by Schnessa

California Part One by Schnessa
Author's Notes:
This one is going to be state by state as part of a series.

*California Part One*

 

“We should totally get away. You know just all of us piling into some cars and getting away!” Vanessa said as she flopped down on the couch beside Rachel.

 

“That’d be cool. I’m down for that, if you can get Justin to agree to going.” Matt said as him and Trace played video games in Justin’s living room.

 

“Ugh why does it have to be me? Where is Justin anyways?” Vanessa said as she leaned her head back against the sofa cushions.

 

“Well it was your idea. Besides he can’t say no to you...well most of the time he can’t. He’s out shopping or working out with Jessica. Its either one or the other.” Rachel said with a smile as she patted Vanessa’s head making her feel like a dog.

 

“Fine when he gets back tell him to call me and I’ll tell him about the plan. Trace, do you think Joanna will want to come too?” Vanessa asked as she got up from the couch and grabbed her keys.

 

“Yeah probably she’s into that kind of stuff. We should ask Nick too and Candice.” Trace told her as he continued to play.

 

“Yeah I already asked them and they’re down. Great so the only one I got to pitch to is Justin, seems easy enough.” Vanessa said with a smile as she said Goodbye and left Justin’s to head back to her own house.

 

Vanessa walked into her house bumping into some boxes that littered her hallway. She tossed her keys onto the table in the hallway before heading into her kitchen to grab some water to drink. She sighed as she opened the refrigerator and was met with a blast of cold air.

 

“Nice of you to show up.” His deep voice stated as he startled her.

 

“Why are you scaring me like that? I thought you were shopping or working out or whatever Rach said.” Vanessa stated as she turned around to face him. Her brown eyes took in his frame as he leaned against her kitchen counter obviously having made himself at home.

 

“I didn’t mean to scare you. I just thought I would come over to see how the packing was going and working out didn’t happen for obvious reasons.” He stated as he waved his hands around indicating that he would rather stand in her kitchen and wait for her then go work out.

 

“Oh I see...well packing is moving along.” Vanessa said with a chuckle as she looked at him.

 

“Are you ready to move back to England? Or are you going to miss it here?” He asked as he stood steadfast where he was standing taking in her reactions to his questions.

 

“I’m ready to move back just because it’s a great opportunity to come out of retirement but I’m going to miss you guys.” She stated as she looked at the floor. “But you’ll come visit me, right?” She asked with a slight smile as her eyes met his.

 

“Of course.” He said with a sad smile.

 

“So I was thinking...” She said as he lifted his eyes to meet hers. “We should take a road trip! You know you, me, Trace, Nick, Joanna, Matt, Rachel, and Candice. The whole gang. From Cali to Florida since you have to be there in three months. We could even stop by in Amarillo and Millington. I mean you finally have a three month break! Which means Rachel and Trace do too. Candice is off from school for the summer as well as Nick and Matt. And I would really like one last hurrah before I move.” She said trying to convince him to say yes.

 

“A last hurrah? That would be cool. We haven’t done a road trip in forever! So would we camp out or stay in hotels?” He asked as he watched her eyes light up at his approval.

 

“I was hoping both...” She said as she watched the grimace in his face. “Come on Justin, you’re not getting popstar soft are you?” She joked with a grin.

 

“Popstar soft? Pft. I can camp with the best of them woman!” He said with a grin as she walked up to him.

 

“It’ll be the best going away present E-V-E-R J!” Vanessa said with a smile as she hugged him close to her almost sighing as his arms wrapped around her waist scooping her up causing her to squeal.

 

“I’m glad you’re amused by the simple things. Here’s your key since you’ll have to turn it in before you move.” He said as he placed her back on the floor and handed her the key she let him have when he needed to get away from everyone else and just disappear to her house.

 

“Thanks for bringing it by.” Vanessa said with a sad smile as she took it from him. There was so much she wanted to say to him as he stood in front of her but the words weren’t coming out.

 

“No problem. So I guess I’ll go and start packing! Have you told the others?” He asked as he stepped away from her.

 

“Yep, you were the last one! So I’m guessing we should leave by at least 8 in the AM!” Vanessa said as she showed him to the front door.

 

“Okay I’ll let everyone else know if you tell Candice.” Justin said as he walked to his Jeep waving goodbye to her as he climbed in and drove off.

 

Justin walked through his front door throwing his keys on the table in the hallway before letting out a sigh he had been holding.

 

“How’d it go?” Trace asked him as he stood there in the hallway unable to move.

 

“I didn’t tell her.” Justin said as he moved past Trace and headed up the stairs to his room.

 

“What do you mean you didn’t tell her? Wasn’t that the whole point of going over there?” Trace asked Justin as he followed him up the stairs.

 

“I couldn’t. She just started talking about this road trip thing and I saw all her boxes packed and she was talking about how England was a great opportunity and I couldn’t do it man.” Justin said as he ran his hands over his face letting out another heavy sigh.

 

“Dude if she goes to England she’s going to be signing a three year contract. A three year contract Justin! Do you really think you can wait three years to let her know how you feel?” Trace asked as he took a seat on Justin’s bed.

 

“No, but she’s going to be able to play soccer again. You know how much she wants that! How do I crush her dreams just because she’s the girl of my dreams? Not to mention the fact that I have a girlfriend! God I completely forgot about Jess!” Justin said as he threw himself onto his bed in frustration.

 

“Okay so we have three months J. Three months to tell her how you feel and let her decide if she really wants to go back to England or not. And as far as the whole Jessica thing, it isn’t fair to be with her when you want to be with Vanessa. You should at least tell her you want a break to figure things out.” Trace said as he tried to calm Justin down.

 

“You’re right I should put things on hold with Jess until I let Vanessa know how I feel. I just hope she feels the same way about me.” Justin said with a sigh.

 

“Okay well I’m going to leave. I have to go pack and tell Joanna.” Trace said as he turned to leave.

 

“Oh yeah be here by eight. Can you tell the rest?” Justin asked as he grabbed his phone ready to call Jessica.

 

“Yeah man. Good Luck.” Trace stated as he walked out of Justin’s house heading downstairs to let everyone know when they would be leaving.

 

“Hey Jess, its me um... I have something to tell you...” Justin into the phone, dreading this conversation but knowing that it needed to be done.

End Notes:
Feedback is always welcomed.
California Part Two by Schnessa

*California Part Two*

 

8:00 a.m.

 

Vanessa pulled up to Justin’s house in her Jeep laughing at the sight of everyone who was already there. They all looked like they had just woken up. She always was the early bird of the bunch. She hopped out of her Jeep grabbing her backpack, her duffle bag, and her sleeping bag from the backseat before heading towards the group.

 

“Hey Vinnie, I was wondering where you were at! You’re always so early!” Trace said with a smile as he wrapped her into a hug.

 

“Yeah I had some last minute things to work out. I’m here now though! So who are we waiting on?” Vanessa asked as Trace took her bags and threw them into the trunk of Justin’s Jeep Rubicon.

 

“Candice. Oh you and Candice are riding with Justin. Did you bring the walkie talkies?” Trace asked as he turned to her.

 

“Oh yeah totally. I forgot.” Vanessa said as she walked back to her Jeep and tossed him a walkie talkie. “Justin, heads up.” She shouted as she threw Justin his walkie talkie. “Nicky!” She shouted as she threw him his.

 

Candice pulled up a few minutes later hopping out of her car with a huge smile.

 

“BRIAN!!!” Candice yelled as she wrapped her arms around Vanessa’s neck almost knocking them both to the ground.

 

“I love you too Nick!” Vanessa said with a laugh as Candice let go of her. Justin just rolled his eyes at them both hating that they still used their Backstreet Boys nicknames around him. Vanessa headed to Candice’s car getting her bags as Candice said hi and tackled the rest of the group with her hugs.

 

“I’ll take those.” Justin told her as he grabbed Candice’s bags from her and put them in the trunk with Vanessa’s bags. “So you riding shotgun or what?” He asked as he tossed her a smile.

 

“Of course I’m riding SHOTGUN!” She yelled the last part loud enough so that Candice heard her causing Justin to laugh at the way the two of them acted around each other.

 

“Okay everyone let’s head out!” Justin said as Vanessa and Candice climbed into his Jeep. Trace and Joanna and Rachel climbed into Trace’s vehicle and Nick and Matt climbed into Nick’s Jeep. Justin climbed into the driver seat ready to hang out with Vanessa for three months and to hopefully tell her how he felt during those three months.

 

“Okay here’s my rules Lovers. 1. No making out when I’m in the Jeep 2. No Justin Timberlake songs are allowed to be played while I’m in the Jeep 3. No Nsync songs are allowed to be played while I’m in the Jeep and 4. No sex while I’m in the Jeep.” Candice told them as she got comfortable in the backseat.

 

“CANDICE!” Vanessa and Justin both shouted at her at the same time. They turned to each other blushing furiously.

 

“Ugh remind me why we’re friends again?” Vanessa said as she turned her gaze away from Justin and out the window.

 

“Because you love me. I know nothing is going on between the two of ya’ll but three months is a long time so I’m just laying the rules down right now.” Candice said as she passed Vanessa a CD.

 

Vanessa looked down at the CD reading who the artist was and smiled. “Okay, so now that we got Candice’s rules out of the way let’s start this road trip right!” Vanessa said with a smile as she popped in the CD and pulled out her Nikon D60 Camera.

 

Justin listened as the first chords screamed through his Jeep causing him to groan. He hated country music and only made an exception for Reba. But he was riding with Vanessa and Candice the self proclaimed rednecks of the group, he should’ve known this was coming.

 

Candice held the walkie talkie up the radio causing the noise to drift into the other two cars following behind them. Her and Vanessa started to sing along to Jason Aldean’s Johnny Cash.

 

Whatcha got

Quit my job flipped off the boss took my name off the payroll.

(screw you man)

 

Justin laughed to himself as Vanessa and Candice yelled ‘screw you man’ into the walkie talkies.

 

Picked up my cell rang my baby's bell said I'm three miles from home.

I said sugar why don't you put on that sundress I like so much,

Wait out by the road I'm comin' to pick you up.

 

Vanessa rolled down her window hanging herself out of it as she took pictures of the two cars behind them laughing as she continued to sing the song floating from Justin’s speakers. Her brown hair flowing in the wind as she took pictures of Matt hanging out of Nick’s windows and Joanna and Trace laughing as Trace drove.

 

Whoa Whoa

Throw your suitcase in the back,

Whoa Whoa

Done gassed up the Pontiac,

Whoa Whoa

Blastin' out to Johnny Cash, headin' for the highway,

Baby we ain't ever comin' back.

 

 

It's four hundred and sixty seven miles to the outskirts of Las Vegas.

What do you say we go get married by a preacher man that looks like Elvis.

(yeah momma)

Sugar don't you worry bout tellin' your momma goodbye,

We'll send her a souvenir postcard from the wild side.

 

Whoa Whoa

Throw your suitcase in the back,

Whoa Whoa

Done gassed up the Pontiac,

Whoa Whoa

Blastin' out to Johnny Cash, headin' for the highway,

Baby we ain't ever comin' back.

 

Justin watched her as she let the camera fall around her neck and threw her hands up in the air as she sang along with the chorus running her hands through her hair as she bobbed her head to the guitar rift playing. He was amazed as the sun hit her tan skin and was almost sad when she moved her way back into the Jeep turning to him with a huge smile on her beautiful face.

 

Whoa Whoa

Throw your suitcase in the back,

Whoa Whoa

Done gassed up the Pontiac,

Whoa Whoa

Blastin' out to Johnny Cash, headin' for the highway,

Baby we ain't ever comin' back.

To it!

 

(woah)

(woah)

(woah)

Hear that train a comin', rollin' round the bend.

(whoa)

the man in black is gonna rock your ass again.

(woah)

(woah)

(woah)

 

“Vanessa, did you want to go to Vegas or sidestep that and head straight to Arizona?” Justin asked since they were just making it up as they went.

 

“I would much rather see the Grand Canyon. We’ve been to Vegas so many times its kind of boring now!” Vanessa said as she turned back to look at Candice silently asking her opinion on the matter.

 

“I say Arizona. Hey guys..”Candice said as she talked into the walkie talkies, “Vegas or Arizona?”

 

“Arizona.” Trace, Joanna, and Rachel said all at the same time.

 

“Arizona.” Matt said.

 

“Vegas.” Nick said.

 

“I guess we’re headed to Arizona then.” Candice said as she put the walkie talkie down.

End Notes:

Feedback is always welcomed.

Song is by Jason Aldean named 'Johnny Cash'

Arizona is the place to be....(part one) by Schnessa
Author's Notes:
Hope ya'll enjoy.
*Arizona*

Justin had been driving for quite awhile silently listening to Vanessa and Candice gossip about people he didn’t know or hardly knew. He rubbed his eyes as his stomach growled. He knew he should have ate breakfast but he was so excited for this trip that he didn’t even think he could keep cereal down. He should have got something when they stopped to take pictures by the ‘Welcome to Arizona’ sign but he was stubborn.

“Are you hungry?” Vanessa asked him as she ate a yogurt.

“No I’m good.” He said as he looked at her yogurt enviously.

“Really? Because your growling stomach is frickin’ loud.” She said as she handed him an newly opened yogurt with a plastic spoon. “I’ll feed you if you want to keep driving without being distracted.” She offered.

“Really? That would be great.” Justin said as she got a spoonful and brought it up to his mouth laughing as he chomped down on the spoon grunting when she tried to pull it away.

“Justin give me the spoon so I can feed you more.” Vanessa said with a laugh as he reluctantly let her have the spoon. She scooped up some more yogurt and gave him another bite.

“God I was starving ” Justin said as he licked his lips.

“I can tell. Why didn’t you say something sooner?” Vanessa asked as she fed him some more yogurt.

“I didn’t want us to have to stop just because of me. I mean we’re so close to the Grand Canyon. I kind of figured I could wait.” Justin said as he threw her grin taking another spoonful of yogurt from her.

“Well you should have at least told me. I mean I don’t have a problem feeding you yogurt or finding you some chips. Are you getting tired?” Vanessa asked she fed him the last of the yogurt in the cup throwing it into their trash bag.

“I’ll let you know next time Vinnie. I’m not tired yet.” Justin said as he handed her his spoon to throw in the trash bag. They both turned to each other and laughed as Candice snored in the backseat, having fallen asleep right after taking their pictures at the Arizona sign. “So this whole moving to England thing, is it set in stone?” Justin asked as he took the exit that would take them to the Grand Canyon.

“Actually I was going to ask your advice on that. I actually won’t sign the contract until I get to England so I can change my mind if I feel like it. And after you left last night I got a call from David asking me if I would like to teach at his soccer complex. It would pay more in one year than the whole three years in England I just don’t know what to do.” Vanessa said with a sigh as she turned to face Justin. Of course Justin knew she meant David Beckham when she said David. He was her cousin and the whole reason she had moved to L.A. and the whole reason her and Justin had even met.


“I think you have to think about the pros and cons of both. I mean what are the pros of going to England?” Justin asked his heart soaring a little knowing she might stay in L.A. after all.

“Okay 1. It’s frickin’ England 2. It would playing for a high profile club which potentially earn me more than staying in L.A. because of endorsement deals 3. I would get to play again, I mean really play.” Vanessa said as she counted the pros on her fingers.

“Okay now let’s think of the cons.” Justin said.

“Okay 1. It’s frickin England and that’s damn far away 2. I’m not entirely sure that I want to play again over teaching, I mean I’ve always wanted to teach at my own soccer complex but David’s is more than I’ve ever dreamed of mine being 3. Teaching at David’s complex will earn me more to begin with plus Victoria has been asking me to do an endorsement for dVB Jeans 4. I really don’t want to leave L.A. I like it there for the most part 5. I would be leaving you and since I’ve met you when have we ever been apart for more than a couple months?” Vanessa said as she counted the cons on her fingers. Justin smiled to himself happy that he had made her list.

“Sounds to me like you want to stay in L.A.” He said with a smile as he stopped the Jeep.

“Oh my goodness I think I do But I really have to think about this. I can’t believe we’re here already that last part went by fast.” Vanessa said as they pulled up to the parking for the Grand Canyon.

“Yeah it was fast. So are we camping here for the night or heading to Flagstaff after touring the Grand Canyon?” Justin asked as he climbed out of his Jeep stretching his arms and legs.

“I actually made reservations for us to camp here at South Rim Campgrounds. I figured everyone would pick Arizona over Vegas. You know since we’re road trippin’ and all!” Vanessa said as she took his lead and climbed out of the Jeep stretching her arms above her head.

“Cool. I guess wake up Candice while I check us in then we’ll head to our campsite.” Justin said as he tossed her his keys winking at her as he walked towards Trace’s car. Vanessa sighed to herself as she watched him walk away from her. She loved him. She loved him with all her heart but it never happened between them. He had chose Britney and that had been the end of it all.

“Candice, wake up! We’re here at the Grand Canyon! Nick, come on wake up!” Vanessa said as she shook Candice awake.

“So have you and loverboy hooked up yet?” Candice asked with a smirk as she rubbed the sleep out of her eyes.

“No...ugh. Why do you have to open your mouth? You know we’ve been through this. I told him how I felt about him and he chose to go back to Florida to be with her. That’s it I tried and it didn’t happen. Let it go.” Vanessa said as she smacked Candice on the shoulder.

“Okay first of all I was just laying down the rules in the beginning. That was so long ago Ness, his feelings could have changed. In fact I think its very obvious that ya’ll both like each other. I mean come on he practically begged you to stay in L.A.” Candice said as they watched Justin walk up to them with a smile on his face.

“Okay we’re all set to go. We just have to drive a little bit to the campsite. He also said it might rain tonight so to be prepared just in case.” Justin said as he wrapped his arms around Vanessa’s neck bringing her close to him. “Let’s get going.” Justin whispered in her ear as he placed a light kiss behind her ear.

Vanessa shivered as his soft lips grazed her skin gasping as he placed another kiss behind her ear before moving away from her. He opened her door and motioned for her to get back in the Jeep lightly smacking her ass with a smirk as she climbed in.

“Justin!” Vanessa shouted as she fastened her seat belt causing him to chuckle. Justin just smiled at her as he climbed in and started his Jeep. He grabbed her hand in his as he drove the short way to their campsite excited that she was contemplating staying in L.A.

Vanessa didn’t know what to think, for the first time in a long time she was letting those feelings for Justin come back to the surface. Which for her wasn’t a good thing. The last time she did that he broke her heart.
End Notes:
Feedback is always welcomed.
Arizona is the place to be...(part two) by Schnessa
Author's Notes:
I'm glad everyone is enjoying the story so far.
Justin watched Vanessa feeling like a sadistic stalker. She was laughing at Candice as they tried to set up their tent at the campsite. Her eyes were sparkling in the sun as she tried to show Candice what she was doing wrong. He smiled as she headed towards him.

“Hey J, are you staying in the tent with us? Because if you are you should be helping us and not checking out my fine ass. ” Vanessa asked him with a laugh completely joking around with him.

“I wasn’t checking out your ass! ” Justin shouted as he blushed suddenly wanting to disappear.

“I was joking J.” Vanessa said as she looked at him with a confused look. “Besides I wouldn’t have minded if you were.” She told him with a smile and wink as she walked back over to Candice causing Justin to smile. He followed her bringing their sleeping bags with him.

“Hey J, are you going to sleeping with Vinnie and Candice or are you sleeping in our tent?” Nick asked as he walked up to them. Justin watched as he threw his arm over Vanessa’s shoulder smiling down at her before looking at Justin. Justin felt a surge of jealously run through his body as Nick’s arm stayed put and Vanessa didn’t pull away from his touch.

“I haven’t decided yet. I was thinking of staying with the boys.” Justin said as he scratched his ear and shuffled his feet.

“NO! You have to stay with us. What if it rains? Then I’ll be scared and by myself. Do you really want that on your conscience?” Vanessa asked as she ran to Justin and threw her arms around his waist resting her head on his chest as his arms wrapped around her. He knew she was just being dramatic since she really did love thunderstorms and the rain but he was more than willing to play along as long as she stayed in his arms and out of Nick’s or any other man’s.

“Well now that you put it that way...I guess I can’t leave you scared and alone. I’m staying with Vinnie...and Candice.” Justin told Nick as he began to help them set up the tent and get their sleeping bags set up inside.

“God you’re so pussy whipped!” Nick said jokingly pushing him on the shoulder causing Justin to tackle him to the ground as they play wrestled. Of course as soon as Matt and Trace found out they were wrestling they just had to join in. Vanessa laughed at the boys as Rachel walked up to her.

“Just tell him you love him Nessa. Candice is right you know.” Rachel said as she looked at Vanessa.

“What is up? Do ya’ll always talk about Justin and I?” Vanessa asked with a sigh as she headed back to Justin’s Jeep to get some camping supplies with Rachel walking by her side.

“Yep, most of the time. We just want ya’ll to be happy and obviously that is together rather than apart.” Rachel told her as she helped her get the pots and pans and matches.

“I think ya’ll are forgetting one important thing...he has a girlfriend. Last time I told him how I felt he chose his girlfriend at the time. I’m not going through that again.” Vanessa told her as she got the lanterns, flashlights, and campfire wood.

“He broke up with her yesterday.” Rachel said with a smirk as she looked at Vanessa. “For you.” She added as she walked away with Vanessa following after her.

“Wait! Hold up Rach. What do you mean?” Vanessa asked as she pulled Rachel aside. “Let’s go for a walk.” Vanessa said as she pulled Rachel to a little trail beside their campsite. “We’re going for a quick walk...to...um...to catch up.” Vanessa explained to the others as her and Rachel locked arms.

“Yesterday, it wasn’t a coincidence that he was at your house. He wanted to tell you how he felt about you before you left for England. But you know Justin sometimes he’s a pussy. He came home complaining to Trace that he couldn’t do it because you seemed so happy to be moving and how it was such a great opportunity for you. He just wanted you to follow your dreams without worrying about him.” Rachel explained as they continued walking on the trail.

“Ugh...he’s so stupid! He is my dream! I would choose him over anything every single time! I can’t believe your cousin sometimes. So what did he tell Jessica?” Vanessa asked as they both took in the scenery.

“I just overheard a little bit of the conversation but he said something like that he couldn’t be with her because he wasn’t in love with her. I think she started crying or something because he said he didn’t want her to cry for him because he didn’t deserve it. Something about how he didn’t feel for her what he felt for you and she didn’t deserve to be in a relationship like that. I think he was just trying to let her down easy because he really didn’t mention you until the end when it was obvious the other stuff wasn’t enough reason for her.” Rachel said as a comfortable silence fell between the two girls. She couldn’t imagine Justin being with anyone else but Vanessa considering all it took was one meeting and she had Justin wanting to be with her all the time. Besides there would always be an unspoken bond between the two of them since they both had famous cousins.

“You know, I’m actually thinking of staying in L.A. David asked me to teach at his complex.” Vanessa told Rachel finally breaking the silence. “Staying for Justin.” She said as she sheepishly looked up at Rachel.

“Oh my God!!! You should be having a walk with him not me!” Rachel said with a laugh as her and Vanessa started busting out laughing.

“I thought I heard you two!” Justin said as he came running up behind them. Vanessa and Rachel just shared a knowing look and started to laugh uncontrollably. “Okay did I just do something funny?” Justin asked confused at their reaction causing them to laugh even harder.

“Oh my goodness I need to pee now!” Rachel said as her and Vanessa giggled then busted out laughing again.

“Thank goodness we’re at the restrooms. Don’t take so long in there.” Justin said wrapping his arms around Vanessa’s shoulders.

“That’s what she said.” Vanessa and Rachel said at the same time causing the two to laugh even harder at their stupid ‘The Office’ reference.

“Okay next time I’m not bothering the two of ya’ll.”Justin whispered in her ear before turning her around to face him. “You’re so beautiful in this sunlight.” He told her as his hands reached up and cupped her face. He was almost fixing to kiss her and he hadn’t even told her how he felt yet. That thought caused him to drop his hands to his side and step away from her. “I’m sorry V, I just said it without thinking. I didn’t mean to make you uncomfortable.” He said as he scratched his ear blushing and shuffling his feet. He was so adorable when he was embarrassed.

“That’s okay J, I wasn’t uncomfortable at all. Thanks for the compliment.” Vanessa said as she walked up to him, her hand pulling his neck bringing his face down to her level before reaching up and caressing his cheek. She stood on her tip toes placing a quick kiss on his cheek.

“Okay, ya’ll ready to head back to the campsite?” Rachel asked as she stepped out of the bathrooms.

“Yep.” Justin and Vanessa responded together as he grabbed her hand and followed Rachel.
End Notes:
I'm loving the feedback guys so keep it coming!
Arizona is the place to be...(part three) by Schnessa
Author's Notes:
Another update. I'm glad everyone is enjoying this story.
She knew she shouldn’t be watching him like she was but he kept doing all these little things that kept making her fall in love with him. Like the way he whispered into her hair, the way he kissed her spot behind her ear, the way he was starting to hold her hand everywhere they went. His smiles, his winks, his arms wrapping around her, and his laugh all made her heart skip a beat. Even now with him a bit drunk bobbing his head along with the music they were playing he was absolutely the most beautiful man she had ever seen.

She chuckled to herself as she watched him snap his fingers and move his feet somehow keeping up with the beat even though he couldn’t keep himself from slurring his words. He was trying to sing along to the song on the radio and failing miserably. She watched as the light from the campfire danced across his face causing his blue eyes to sparkle.

Here she was on a road trip with all her friends who were all hanging around her but yet the only thing she could concentrate on was him. She laughed a little as he tried to hop over a log only to stumble a bit. She laughed as he muttered “Son of a bitch.” at the log like it was its fault for being in his way.

“You can stop staring at him you know.” Nick said with a smirk as he sat down next Vanessa. She turned her head to him tossing him a glare before turning her gaze towards Justin. “Don’t glare at me. You practically drooling over him. V, don’t you think you should invest your time in someone who is into you?” Nick asked as he put his arm around her shoulder.

“Nick, I’m not asking for your advice. Besides I wasn’t drooling I was just merely watching my friends trying to remember them before I move.” She said as she turned her eyes only to be met with Justin’s glare. She felt a shiver run through her spine as he licked his lips. She followed his dark navy eyes as they looked at Nick and she realized he was pissed because Nick had his arm around her shoulder!

Her hand reached up towards Nick’s arm and removed it from her shoulder. She wiped her hands on her jeans getting up from the log she had been sitting on. She watched as Justin’s eyebrow cocked up with curiosity as she headed over to him. She didn’t say anything as she walked up to him wrapping both her arms around his waist snuggling up against his chest. She felt him sigh as his right hand splayed itself on her lower back.

“You know that’s the second time he’s put his arm around you.” Justin whispered into her ear as Trace handed him another beer. Vanessa pulled away allowing Trace to hand her a beer as well.

She looked up at Justin with a smile. “Jealous much?”

“Maybe, has anything ever happened between you two?” Justin asked as he took a gulp from his beer.

“No, he asked me out a while back but I said no. That’s about it. Don’t be jealous J. The whole arm around the shoulder thing means nothing to me Justin.” Vanessa said as she snuggled up to him some more.


“Oh so does it mean nothing to you when I do it? Because it means something to me.” Justin said angrily as he walked away from her and entered their tent. She knew he was already a bit drunk but it had never been her intention to make him upset, hell she couldn’t control what Nick did.

“He’s just drunk. He’ll be over it tomorrow morning.” Matt said as he tossed Vanessa a smile.

“I know but still.” Vanessa sighed as she ran her hand through her hair before making up her mind to follow him into the tent. “To answer your question...it does mean something to me when you do it.” She said as she stood above him with her hands on her hips looking down at him. “Justin...did you...I mean...did you mean what you said out there?” She asked as she flopped down next to them on the air mattress not bothering to get into her sleeping bag.

“What did I say out there?” Justin asked as he turned his head towards her with a smirk.

“You know what you said.” Vanessa said as she returned his smirk with one of her own.

“Yeah I meant it. You think I like seeing Nick hang all over you? I don’t like seeing other men trying to hit on my girl.” He said as he grabbed her hand in his.

“On your girl? Was I asleep when you asked me to be your girl? Because I don’t remember that Justin.” Vanessa responded trying to be a smart ass when all she really wanted to do was tackle him and kiss him endlessly.

He let out a chuckle as he turned on his side to face her. “You know I’m drunk...a little bit...okay maybe a lot but I just want you to know this isn’t the alcohol talking. I’ve loved you for a long time and I want you to be my girl. I want you to stay in L.A. with me but if you want to move to England I’m fine with that as long as you stay my girl. I’ll make the whole long distance thing work for you, hell I’ll move to England to record if you want me too.” Justin rambled as Vanessa just stared at him speechless.

“You don’t have to move to England J. I’ve decided to stay in L.A. I want to be your girl.” Vanessa said as his hand gripped her hips pulling her flush against him. His head leaned down as he nibbled on her bottom lip before crushing his lips against hers causing her to moan against him. She sighed as his lips made their way along her jaw line down her neck finding his way to her shoulder. She giggled as his tongue licked her skin. Her honey taste causing him to growl as his tongue continued to lick her skin.

“Damn you taste like honey baby.” He moaned as he nuzzled into her neck.

“Its my lickable body powder from Urban Decay. I have other flavors too baby.” She whispered as her fingers weaved their way through his hair grasping at his short curls as he growled against her again at the mention of other flavors.

“Hey I thought I said no making out and no sex. Don’t ya’ll two ever listen?” Candice asked as she came into the tent walking in on them.

“No you said no making out and no sex in the Jeep. Never in the tent.” Justin said with a smirk as he let go of Vanessa tossing her a drunken smile, but not from the alcohol causing Vanessa to giggle.

“Whatever I meant the tent too. Everyone was wondering where ya’ll went too. But dinner is ready when ya’ll are.” Candice told them as she heading back out of the tent. “That is if you want that kind of dinner.” She said wiggling her eyebrows at them.

“I swear I’m killing that girl.” Justin said with sigh as he got up and help Vanessa up. “But she does cook damn good food and I’m frickin’ starvin’.”

“Well then I guess we do want that kind of dinner.” Vanessa said as she walked out of the tent holding Justin’s hand.

“Okay everyone we cook up some burgers and hot dogs and that’s about it. I’m glad the cooler actually kept the meat.” Matt said as he let everyone pick what they wanted. “Candice helped me so it should be good or else ya’ll would be screwed!” He finished making everyone laugh.

Vanessa grabbed a burger and some chips to have with her beer, taking a seat on one of the logs surrounding the campfire. Justin took his seat next to her after getting his plate. Vanessa just laughed as she looked over at his plate piled high with chips, two burgers, and two hot dogs. “Hungry much Justin?” She asked as she popped a chip in her mouth to keep herself from smiling.

“You know how I am when I’m tipsy...I always get frickin’ hungry. Just like when I hotbox.” He said as he threw her a smile that melted her heart.

“Way to admit you’re a pothead!” She said laughing at his little pout.

“Now that just hurts honey.” He said as he winked at her.

He watched everyone eat silently. It had been a long time since they were all together just hanging out like this. Trace and Joanna were cuddling while talking to Matt who was standing pretty close to Candice which he never noticed before. Nick and Rachel were talking occasionally looking over at him and Vanessa. And Vanessa she was doing the same thing he was looking at all of their friends. He looked over at her when she nudged him in the side nodding over at Candice and Matt and she smiled at him. He smiled back at her understanding what she was saying even though she hadn’t uttered a word.

He groaned when he heard a country song come on the radio watching as Trace and Joanna got up to dance. He turned to Vanessa with wide eyes when Matt and Candice started dancing. She just laughed at his reaction leaning her head on his shoulder. He really hoped Vanessa didn’t want to dance. He was a good dancer just not to country music. He never really could get the whole two-steppin’ thing down.

Baby lock the door and turn the lights down low
Put some music on that's soft and slow
Baby we ain't got no place to go
I hope you understand


I've been thinking 'bout this all day long
Never felt a feeling quite this strong
I can't believe how much it turns me on
Just to be your man


He listened to the lyrics of the song and realized that he knew this song. This was their song. It was Vanessa’s favorite and he was going to make sure everyone knew this was how he felt about her. He rose to his feet extending his hand out to her. She looked at him with a curious stare and a smirk. Laughing quietly when he muttered, “Don’t make me beg, this is embarrassing already.” before she took his hand. He turned her and pulled her flush against him.

There's no hurry
Don't you worry
We can take our time
Come a little closer
Lets go over
What I had in mind


Baby lock the door and turn the lights down low
Put some music on that's soft and slow
Baby we ain't got no place to go
I hope you understand


He twirled her pulling her against him again as he shuffled his feet two steps at a time. He really felt clumsy especially since Vanessa knew how to two-step a whole lot better than him. She just giggled when he stepped on her feet. He felt so embarrassed until she whispered, “Come on Justin, you’re from Tennessee. I know your mom showed you how to two-step better than that.” she was challenging him and he knew it.

I've been thinking 'bout this all day long
Never felt a feeling quite this strong
I can't believe how much it turns me on
Just to be your man


Ain't nobody ever love nobody
The way that I love you
We're alone now
You don't know how
Long I've wanted to


He smiled at her as he got over his nerves and started to shuffle his feet in rhythm with the music even gathering the courage to dip her. His heart fluttered when she closed her eyes and rested her head on his shoulder releasing a sigh. She trusted him enough to let him lead her with her eyes closed. He started to sing the song in her ear. Especially the verse ‘Ain’t nobody ever love nobody The way that I love you’. He felt her shudder against him causing him to pull her closer.

Lock the door and turn the lights down low
Put some music on that's soft and slow
Baby we ain't got no place to go
I hope you understand


I've been thinking 'bout this all day long
never felt a feeling that was quite this strong
I can't believe how much it turns me on
Just to be your man
I Can't believe how much it turns me on
Just to be your man


By the time the song was over Justin didn’t want to let Vanessa go. For the longest time he just stood there holding her and she didn’t object or try to get away from his grasp. In fact she did the opposite. She wrapped her arms around his waist more than content to be held by him.

“Hey lovers! Ya’ll some s’mores?” Candice asked causing them to break apart.

“One of these days...”Justin muttered causing Vanessa to giggle as she took some sticks from Candice ready to make s’mores.

After they all ate their s’mores everyone decided it would be best to turn in to bed since they were getting up early to explore the Grand Canyon. Vanessa and Justin both climbed into the tent followed by Candice. Justin opened his sleeping bag all the way laying it on top their air mattresses while Vanessa opened her sleeping bag all the way to cover them. He smiled as she climbed in and cuddle up to him resting her head in the crook of his neck.

“Goodnight Justin.” She whispered as she lightly kissed his adam’s apple.

“Goodnight Vanessa.” He whispered back as he kissed the top of her head.

“Goodnight Candice.” They both said.

“Goodnight Lovers. Remember no sex in my presence.” She told them as she turned away from them.

“You want me to tell Matt that you need to get laid?” Justin asked causing Vanessa to bust out laughing. “One of these days honey you better protect your friend because she will be no more with that mouth of hers.” Justin told Vanessa laughing at how Candice was telling them to ‘Shut the fuck up.’, even as they were falling asleep she was still muttering it.
End Notes:

The song is Your Man by Josh Turner.

Feedback is always welcomed.

Arizona is the place to be...(part four) by Schnessa
Author's Notes:
The last part of Arizona.
Vanessa woke up early in the morning almost wanting to go back to sleep just to be back in Justin’s arms. She climbed out of the tent stretching her arms above her head taking in the cool morning air. She climbed back into the tent before changing into some black yoga pants and a green Boston hoodie. She pulled on her boots and pulled her hair back into a messy ponytail before going back outside to make breakfast.

She headed over to Justin’s Jeep opening the back to get to the cooler. She pulled out the liquid egg mixture and bacon, sausage and potatoes they had packed, making a mental note to buy more before they decide to camp again. She also pulled out the ground up coffee beans to make some coffee in the coffee press.

She smiled as she noticed Candice climbing out of the tent heading her way to help. As Candice got the breakfast started Vanessa grabbed her clothing and heading to the campsite showers to get ready for the day. By the time she got back the water was hot enough to make the coffee and all she had to do was finish up breakfast as Candice headed to the showers to get ready.

Justin woke up immediately reaching for Vanessa but she wasn’t there. Then he smelled the bacon and he knew his girl was cooking breakfast for them. She was so good to him and his friends. He gathered his clothing and toiletries waving at her and Candice then pointing to the showers indicating he was going there first.

When he came back all dressed and refreshed breakfast was ready. However Candice and Vanessa stopped him from waking everyone up running to their tent.

“Candice, hurry up before everyone wakes up.” He heard Vanessa whisper as they rummaged through their tent.

“I’m tryin’ I can’t find the safety pins.” He heard Candice whisper back to Vanessa. “Okay I got them.” She said as she emerged from the tent holding 4 safety pins like they were gold or something.

“We have to be quick.” Candice whispered as she handed him two safety pins.

“What are these for?” Justin asked as he looked at them confused.

“You do this honey.” Vanessa whispered as she walked up to Trace, Joanna, and Rachel’s tent and grabbed the two zippers to the front and opened the safety pin. She closed the two zippers together before closing the safety pin so that no matter how hard they tugged the tent wouldn’t open. “You close the back and we got the front of the tents.” She whispered.

Justin sneaked around the back of the tent and closed it together trying to stifle his laughter as he made his way to Nick and Matt’s tent. He closed that one as well in the back as Candice closed the front.

“Okay baby, now you can wake them up.” Vanessa told him as her and Candice pretended to act like they were fixing breakfast. Justin walked to each of the tents, “Hey guys time to wake up we got breakfast ready.” Justin shouted waking everyone up.

Trace and Joanna were the first to try and open the tent causing him, Vanessa, and Candice to start laughing when they couldn’t get out.

“Guys Guys Come on I have to pee What the hell ? ” Trace shouted as he tried both the front and back.

“This is NOT funny Come on you know I have to go to the restroom right when I get up I’m so paying ya’ll back for this ” Matt yelled as him and Nick tried to open their tents.

Justin couldn’t help but bust a gut as Trace and Matt both danced around holding their legs together to keep from pissing their pants. He was silently thanking God that he chose to sleep in Vanessa and Candice’s tent or else he would have been right there with Matt and Nick.

“Okay, okay. We’ll let ya’ll out.” Vanessa said finally giving in as all three of them helped opened the tents.

“That was not cool.” Rachel said as she rushed to the restrooms with her clothing.

“Yeah not cool at all.” Joanna said even though she had a smile on her face.

“What the hell man ? ” Trace said one last time before giving Justin a shove before grinning like a fool.

Once everyone got back from rushing to the restrooms they all ate breakfast completely ready to break down camp and see the Grand Canyon.

“You know, this is the best breakfast E-V-E-R.” Justin said as he wrapped his arms around Vanessa’s waist pulling her back flush against his chest before leaning down and nibbling on her neck. She sighed as his fingers dug into her hips as he switched from nibbling her neck to kissing her neck to licking her neck. He groaned when he tasted the sweet taste of chocolate and...marshmallows. This girl was going to be the death of him with her lickable flavored body powder.

“Are you going to stop eating Vanessa’s neck so we can go see the Grand Canyon?” Nick asked as Justin looked up realizing they weren’t alone. He grinned sheepishly as he let go of her but did not move away from her.

“Um...yeah let’s go.” Justin said as they climbed into their vehicles heading up to the Grand Canyon lookout.

“I was thinking our next stop could be Santa Fe, New Mexico. I haven’t been there in awhile and its cool to walk around the old town square.” Candice said as they drove to the lookout.

“Yeah totally I love Santa Fe. Oh and we can get Starbuck’s ” Vanessa said with a squeal.


“Honey, Starbuck’s is all over the place.” Justin said with a laugh.

“But its better in Santa Fe ” Candice and Vanessa said at the same time causing them to both laugh.

“Okay I’ll take ya’ll’s word for it.” Justin said as he grabbed Vanessa’s hand.

Once they got up to the lookout everyone got out of the vehicles and Vanessa grabbed her camera. Justin watched her start to take pictures of the view and laughed silently as her and Candice acted like a model and photographer. Vanessa yelling at Candice to pose in a fake British accent while Candice posed in ridiculous poses. He had to laugh harder when Rachel and Joanna decided to join in on the fun. They all switched it up so Vanessa was in some pictures as well. He couldn’t help but laugh when Trace got roped into taking a picture of all the girls at the Grand Canyon.

Vanessa laughed as she looked over at Justin being whisked away by the boys. She caught his eyes and the slight nod of his head indicating he wanted her to follow him. She stayed behind motioning to the girls. There right in front of the girls were all the boys, Matt, Nick, Justin, and Trace peeing off the edge of the Grand Canyon. Vanessa raised her camera taking a picture of their bare asses with the Grand Canyon as the perfect backdrop.

“Make sure ya’ll use some damn Purell ” Candice shouted shocking all of them as they turned around facing the girls right as Vanessa took a picture. All the girls laughed their asses off when Trace yelled at Nick for peeing on him when he turned around.

All the girls refused to get near the boys until they used Purell or washed their hands. Trace even dared to chase them around causing them to all squeal and run away from them. Justin was the first to cave in and use the Purell before he pulled Vanessa away from the group finding them a spot to view the Grand Canyon uninterrupted.

“I wish we could do this all the time.” Vanessa said as she took in the view.

“I know, this has been so fun and it’s only been two days. I say we do this every year.” Justin said as he turned towards her causing her to face him. “The view here is beautiful.” He whispered as he looked into her eyes with a smile.

“Brian, let me borrow your camera.” Candice said interrupting them as she walked up to them with her hands open not giving Vanessa much of a choice. Vanessa handed Candice her camera before turning back to face Justin again.

“One of these days baby you’re not going to have a Nick for your Brian if she keeps interrupting us like that.” Justin said as he pulled Vanessa close to him smiling as she chuckled against him.

“I’ve put up with it for 24 years I’m used to it by now.” Vanessa said as she caressed his cheek. “She’s really not that bad honey.”


“So you keep saying...” He murmured as he leaned down and captured her lips in a sweet kiss. His hands pulled her closer to him by her neck rubbing his thumbs against her jawline. His lips continued their assault on Vanessa’s lips sneaking his tongue into her mouth. They continued to kiss not aware that Candice was taking their picture.
End Notes:
Feedback is always welcomed.
New Mexico: The Land of Enchantment (Part One) by Schnessa
Author's Notes:
I absolutely love New Mexico so this will probably be a long part. I added some drama so I hope ya'll like it.
They were leaving Arizona and heading to New Mexico. Sure they could have spent more time in Arizona but they were really excited to be going to New Mexico. For the first time in his life Justin was able to actually visit a place and not have to put on a concert, not have to do an interview, not have to do a photo shoot, to not have to record something, and the best thing...to not have paparazzi following him everywhere.

He looked down at Vanessa who was leaning against him having a conversation with Candice as Candice drove his Jeep and they cuddled in the backseat. He really didn’t even know what they were talking about he had tuned out long time ago. To be honest he was thinking about going to Texas with Vanessa. They would be staying with her family and this time he was her boyfriend not just Justin the friend. Granted he had met her family before but he had never gone to her and Candice’s hometown before.

“J, are you listening honey?” Vanessa asked as she looked up at him snapping him out of his thoughts.

“Um...no...sorry.” Justin admitted sheepishly.

“Candice said its homecoming weekend back home. That means there will be lots of good food, a football game, and a parade.” Vanessa told him with a huge smile on her face. He knew she was excited that he was going to her hometown with her especially now that they were a couple.

“Yep that also means crazy Frat parties and the bonfire ” Candice said excitingly.

“OH I forgot about the bonfire ” Vanessa said with a huge smile on her face, “J, there’s going to be a bonfire ” She said as she looked up at him happily.

“So I’ve heard.” Justin said as he chuckled pulling her closer to him. She really was the cutest thing ever sometimes.

“So after New Mexico we’re heading to Texas then Oklahoma?” Candice asked as she fiddled with the radio as she drove.

“Yeah I was hoping we could camp out in Altus before going through OKC and I wanted to go to Tulsa to see Noelle and Ben.” Vanessa said as she listed off all the things she wanted to do. “Do you know if any of the others would mind?” She asked as she looked up at Justin.

“I don’t know let’s ask them once we settle down in Santa Fe. How long are we staying in Santa Fe anyways?” Justin asked since they were just winging it as they went along.

“I was hoping a couple of days until we get bored. We don’t really have to rush anything since we have time.” Vanessa stated.

“We should call for reservations Nessa. Are we going to stay at Five Graces?” Candice asked as she pulled over to the side of the road.

“Yeah I already told Ira and Sylvia that we would be coming by for a visit. Ira said he would hold a two bedroom suite and the Luminaria House for us.” Vanessa said as she moved away from Justin’s hold,

“Who’s Ira and Sylvia?” Justin asked curious since he had never met these people Vanessa and Candice were talking about.

“Oh friends of the family. They know my stepmom Rachel. They also own The Inn of The Five Graces in Santa Fe. I think you’ll like staying there its like a mix of Orient and the Old West. It’s also located right across the street from the Old Church with the floating staircase.” Vanessa told him as she nodded her head and talked with her hands indicating how excited she was to show him this wonderful Inn.

“And if we walk right down the street and across the river we are right at The Old Town Square. There’s tons of restaurants and shops and Native American vendors selling turquoise jewelry on the sidewalks. I love Santa Fe.” Candice said as she got out of the Jeep followed by him and Vanessa. The others had stopped behind them as they got out to take pictures by the ‘Welcome to New Mexico’ sign. Candice even agreed to take a picture of Vanessa and Justin in front of the sign smiling like a pair of dorks.

They decided that since it was going to be a while before they arrived in New Mexico they would switch up the riders and drivers in the cars. Trace and Joanna were going to ride with Justin. Vanessa, Rachel and Nick were going to drive in Trace’s car. Matt and Candice were going to drive in Nick’s Jeep. Justin was kind of leerily about Vanessa and Nick riding together but Vanessa told him not to worry Rachel was there to keep Nick in check.

“I’m so glad you’re riding with me! Trace and Joanna were not getting my Office jokes at all!” Rachel said causing Vanessa to laugh as Nick sat quietly in the backseat.

“Yeah, Ain’t no party like a Scranton party!” Vanessa responded causing her and Rachel to bust out laughing uncontrollably.

“This is going to be a long ride if ya’ll keep this up.” Nick said with a sigh as he looked out the window.

“Come on Nick...we’re supposed to be having fun on this trip! Just relax and have fun.” Rachel said as she drove.

“I was having fun. Until Vanessa felt the need to hook up with Justin!” He said causing the two girls to look at each other with shocked faces.

“I’m sorry if me and Justin’s relationship doesn’t agree with you Nick but you knew how I felt about him.” Vanessa said as Rachel hit the talk button on the walkie talkie allowing Justin to hear this conversation in his Jeep.


“Its just you never gave me a chance Nessa. When I asked you out you said you weren’t ready for a relationship and then now here you are dating Justin. I feel like you lied to me just to get rid of me.” Justin heard Nick say over the walkie talkie. He just sat there listening to a conversation he was sure was going to end up upsetting him.

“No Nick. That is not what I said. I said that I wasn’t ready for a steady relationship with anyone else because I loved Justin. I told you exactly why I couldn’t date you. I told you it wouldn’t be fair to you since I would always want to be with Justin. I can’t believe you’re trying to turn my words around.” Justin heard Vanessa reply through the walkie talkie. He looked at Trace knowing his best friend wanted him to say something.

“I just don’t understand...why not me? Is it because Justin is who he is?” Nick asked. Justin winced as he heard the pain in Nick’s voice but it also angered him that he would even ask Vanessa if she was only dating him because he was a celebrity.

“No! No way is it because Justin is a celebrity! I can’t believe you would even think that. Nick I can’t tell you why it isn’t you. I just love Justin. I love the way he makes me feel. I love the way he makes me smile. I love the way I can be having the worst day ever and he’s at my house when I come home without even asking him to be there. I love the way my skin tingles when he touches me or when he holds me. For me it’s just Justin. No one else but Justin. I never wanted to hurt you or lead you on or give you false expectations of what to expect from me. So I told you the truth and that’s all I could do.” Vanessa told Nick with a sigh hoping that would answer his questions.

Justin turned to Trace and said, “You see why I love that girl.”
End Notes:

I live for feedback! Also I'm adding the link for the actual Inn of The Five Graces in Santa Fe since I don't think any words could describe how beautiful a place it is.

http://www.fivegraces.com/

New Mexico: The Land of Enchantment (Part Two) by Schnessa
Author's Notes:
Another update.
To say the ride was uncomfortable would be putting it mildly. Rachel had tried to lighten the mood with all her dumb ‘Office’ references and jokes but Vanessa just wasn’t able to joke along. The whole conversation with Nick just really brought her down. It wasn’t that she regretted being with Justin, he had nothing to do with it. She honestly never wanted to hurt Nick because he was a really good friend. She just knew how she would feel if she was dating someone who couldn’t and wouldn’t give her their all.

When they stopped in Albuquerque for gas Justin decided that he would rather ride with Vanessa than be by himself with Trace and Joanna so he moved his backpack to Trace’s car while Rachel pumped gas and the rest where inside buying random candies and drinks. He pulled a baseball cap on and some shades praying that he wouldn’t be recognized as he walked into the convenience store. He smiled as he spotted Vanessa and Candice eating and buying some rock candy. He walked up behind Matt reaching around him to get a cup before getting him some Pepsi to drink.

“So that conversation between Nick and Vanessa was intense.” Matt told him as Justin focused more on getting his ice and coke.

“Yeah it was.” Justin told him as he grabbed a lid and a straw for his cup.

“That’s all you have to say?” Matt asked him with a curious look.

“Yeah, I think Vanessa explained everything to him and he should realize now that she loves me. There’s really nothing more to add.” Justin said as he shrugged his shoulders and left Matt standing there.

“Hey baby, Candice and I wanted something to eat. I kind of wanted to go to the restaurant next door.” Vanessa told him as he walked up to the counter to pay for his drink.

“Sure honey, we should ask the others. I’m sure they’re hungry as well.” He responded as he took her hand as they walked back to the vehicles.

“Hey guys Vinnie and I wanted to hit up the mexican restaurant next door, are ya’ll hungry too?” Justin asked once they got to the vehicles.

“Yeah I’m starving!” Trace said as he climbed in the Jeep ready to go eat.

“Are we driving?” Candice asked with a confused look.

“Well yeah, I mean I don’t think the gas station would like us leaving our cars here even though the restaurant is within walking distance.” Justin explained chuckling when she threw him a dirty look.

“I’ll walk if you want to join me Candice.” Vanessa said as Candice fell in step beside her. “Baby you coming?” Vanessa asked Justin as he shook his head.

“No, I’m going to drive Trace since he conveniently got into the passenger’s seat not the driver’s.” Justin responded with an eye roll causing her to giggle.

“So you and Nick’s conversation? What’s up with that?” Candice asked once they were a safe distance from everyone.

“You heard!” Vanessa said in shock since she didn’t know what Rachel did.

“Yeah, someone pushed the button on the walkie talkie. Everyone heard the conversation! You didn’t know?” Candice asked her as they continued walking.

“It had to have been Rachel! Ugh...I’m killing her! Oh my God that means Justin heard it. I haven’t even told him I love him yet. That whole conversation is probably going to make him run for the door.” Vanessa said as she stopped walking.

“I’m sure it won’t. He seemed pretty happy just now. And...And...he didn’t hurt Nick, so that was a good sign, right? I mean Justin loves you, him hearing that conversation probably made him the happiest man in the world. It’ll be fine.” Candice said as she rubbed her best friend’s back encouraging her that everything would be fine.

“Yeah you’re probably right. Sorry for my little freak out.” Vanessa said with a laugh as they continued walking to the restaurant.

“Hey that’s what friends are for, right?” Candice said with a smile.

“It’s about time ya’ll got here. Damn didn’t know it would take ya’ll that long to walk.” Trace said with a smile causing Vanessa to crinkle her nose and throw him a dirty look.

“We were talking.” Candice said as they made their way into the restaurant.

“What were you talking about?” Matt asked as they took a seat.

“About how hot Candice thinks you are man! Duh!” Justin interjected as he pulled out Vanessa’s chair and took a seat beside her. He smiled over at her as he grabbed her small hand in his large one.

“I never said that once in our talk. We were just talking about how you could work Vanessa out so much better if you stopped yelling ‘Watch out for that car!’ while climaxing J.” Candice said with a smirk causing everyone to bust out laughing.

“Oh you made my baby blush.” Vanessa said as she ran her hand over Justin’s red cheeks.

“Do ya’ll have to bring that up every time?” Justin asked with a roll of his head to look at Vanessa.


“We’re not the ones who said it on an HBO special that millions in the world saw.” Joanna said causing everyone to laugh again at Justin’s expense.

“Ugh, let’s just eat.” Justin said trying to change the topic.

*After they finished eating*

“Hey I saw a tattoo shop a couple of shops down. I kind of wanted to check it out. Do ya’ll want to go?” Matt asked as everyone got up from the table.

“Yeah I want to go.” Candice said causing Vanessa and Justin to share a look.

“Yeah I want to go, who knows maybe I’ll get another tattoo.” Justin said as he grabbed Vanessa’s hand dragging her along with him not really giving her a choice.

“I think I’m going to rest in car.” Trace said as Joanna and Rachel and Nick followed him.

“J, seriously don’t you think you have enough?” Vanessa said with a small smile.

“Shut up you know you love guys covered in tats, hell that’s all you date!” Justin said as he wrapped his arms around her as they walked into the tattoo shop.

“I know, you’re the first guy I’ve dated that hasn’t either had a body suit or full arm sleeves.” Vanessa said as they looked at the different styles of tattoos on the walls.

“Oh Brian look at this fairy. I love that.” Candice said as Vanessa walked over to her leaving Justin to peruse the selection on the walls.

“Whatcha thinkin’ about gettin’ Matt?” Justin asked as he walked up to Matt.

“I really don’t know. Are you going to get something?” Matt asked as they looked around some more.

“Yeah Vanessa’s name.” Justin said nonchalantly knowing Vanessa and Candice heard him when they both turned around.

“You better not! That’s like a serious jinx honey!” Vanessa said as she walked up to him and wrapped her arms around his waist.

“Okay then I’ll get your last name. I think it’d be hot to have Beckham on me somewhere.” He said as he wiggled his eyebrows.

“Oh yeah then I’ll get Timberlake tattooed on my pelvic bone right above my panty line.” Vanessa said as she rolled her eyes at Justin.

“Baby that would be hot! I wouldn’t be able to keep my hands off of you. You should do it!” Justin said as he leaned down and kissed her.

“Honey no. I’m not jinxing us at all.” Vanessa said as the shop manager spoke up.

“We can do temporary tattoos if you don’t want anything to be permanent or if you just want to try it out before you get it put on forever.”

“Now I could live with that.” Vanessa said as she looked up into Justin’s eyes.

“Yeah you’re such a pussy couldn’t even get my last name tattooed on you.” Justin said with a laugh as she pushed him.

“Shut up you know I have no problems getting a tattoo but no names. We’re not even married J.” Vanessa told him with a crinkle of her nose as she pushed him again.

“Okay so who wants to go first. You pretty lady?” The shop manager asked.

“Yeah I’ll go first.” Vanessa said as her and Justin walked up to the counter.

“So how do you want the lettering?” The shop manager asked her.

“Um...can I have it in the Script Calligraphy Lettering style and can I have Beckham put on my right side and Timberlake on my left?” Vanessa asked as she looked at the different kinds of lettering they offered.

“Sure did you want it in black ink or in color?” He asked looking at her tattoos on her lower arms which were of two pinup girls one representing Texas and the other representing Mexico which were both in color.

“Um... honey are you getting yours in color or black?” Vanessa asked as she turned towards Justin.

“Black. Yeah Black.” Justin said as the shop manager led his girl to a tattoo artist who had her lay down on the tattoo bed.

“Can you unbutton and pull down your pants down for me a little bit?” The tattoo artist whose name was Aaron asked.

“Yeah sure.” Vanessa said as she unbuttoned her jeans and pulled them down a bit revealing her teal lace panty line causing Justin’s heart to skip a beat.

“And can you raise your shirt up a bit?” Aaron asked her.

“Would it be better for you if I just took it off?” Vanessa asked since he was having a hard time positioning the lettering just right.

“Yeah, if you’re comfortable with that.” He said. “I’m going to get the paint ready for the spray paint gun and I’ll be right back.”

“Okay.” Vanessa said as she took off her shirt and handed it to Justin not realizing how hard he was breathing staring at her in her teal lace bra that matched her boy short panties.

“Damn girl, do you realize what you’re doing to me here?” Justin asked as he sat down beside her as she reached for his hand.

“Aw I’m sorry baby. I didn’t mean to turn you on.” Vanessa told him with a shy smile.

“Bullshit. You know what you’re doing.” Justin said with a smirk as he leaned down and kissed her his hands caressing her exposed stomach before running his fingers underneath her panty line causing her to moan.

“Sorry, I’m not interrupting something am I?” Aaron asked as he came back looking at her and Justin.

“Nah man. She’s just horny.” Justin said with a chuckle as Vanessa hit him in the shoulder as Aaron just laughed.

“Hey J, look at Matt and Candice.” Vanessa said as he followed her gaze only to see Candice also laying down on a tattoo bed with Matt sitting beside her. “AH!!” Vanessa yelped as the cold paint hit her skin.

“Sorry.” Aaron said with a chuckle when Justin imitated her.

“Remind me why I’m your girlfriend again?” She asked as she rolled her eyes at Justin.

“Because you love me. Besides, this is me quoting you ‘I love the way my skin tingles when he touches me or when he holds me.’ Yep, sounds like a pretty good reason to be my girl.” Justin told her with a cocky smirk on his face.

“Oh my God. I can’t believe you dared to bring that up! I’m dating a complete dork!” She said as Aaron told her to stand up and that she was done.

She watched as Justin winked at her before taking his shirt off and throwing it at her. She caught it just as he was unbuttoning his jeans sliding them a little down his hips revealing his pelvic bones.

“I’m getting the same thing as her. In the same place.” Justin said as he laid down sprawling out his body for Vanessa’s viewing pleasure.

“Damn you look fucking good.” Vanessa said in a husky voice blushing when she realized she said it out loud.

“See told you she was fucking horny man.” Justin told Aaron with a cocky grin as Vanessa put her shirt back on and buttoned up her pants after the paint had dried before flipping him off as she sat down beside him.

“Baby I’m ready to go to Santa Fe.” Vanessa whined as she traced her fingernail from his adam’s apple down in between his pecs only to travel further down running over his taunt abs causing him to let out a small “Fuck.” Aaron just chuckled when she traced Justin’s belly button with her fingernail causing him to growl.

“Baby girl stop.” Justin said as his hand grabbed her finger. “Seriously, not here not now.” He told her causing her to pout.

“Okay, you’re done man.” Aaron told him as Justin stood up.

“How does it look baby?” Justin asked as he turned towards her.

“Fucking hot baby but I already told you that.” Vanessa said as they paid Aaron and headed over to where Matt and Candice were finishing up.

“Okay lets get out of here.” Justin said as they all left the tattoo shop and headed towards the vehicles.
End Notes:
I love the feedback guys.
New Mexico: The Land of Enchantment (Part Three) by Schnessa
Author's Notes:
Another update.
“Baby that’s so hot.” Justin whispered in Vanessa’s ear as he fingers traveled over the new tattoo baring his last name. Even since she got it put on her he hadn’t been able to keep his hands off of her. Even in the backseat of Trace’s car he couldn’t stop touching her and whispering in her ear. In fact if Rachel and Nick hadn’t been in the car he’s so sure their first time together would have been in the backseat of Trace’s car.

“So you’ve said over and over Justin.” Vanessa whispered back as she turned into his arms. “Yours is pretty hot too.” She whispered as her fingers traced the outline of the letters of her last name.

“My last name looks so good on you baby.” Justin whispered again as his hands cupped her face bringing her closer to him to nibble on her bottom lip.

Vanessa let out a soft sigh as Justin’s lips crushed onto her own. She moaned as his fingers dug into her hips pulling her closer to him and his tongue slipped into her mouth. Their tongues danced that erotic dance that left them light headed and out of breath when they finally pulled apart. Before Vanessa knew it Justin had laid her down on the backseat laying his body partially on top of hers as his hands grazed her sides as he licked her neck tasting her chocolate body powder. His hands lifted her shirt revealing the new tattoo that bore his last name and he gave her a cocky smirk before he moved down her body and kissed the tattoo that was driving him crazy and making him want to take her right then and there.

“Seriously? Ya’ll are going to do that right now? You can’t wait until we get to the hotel?” Rachel asked as she spotted them in the rearview mirror.

“Sorry Rach. Justin got a little carried away.” Vanessa said as she kissed Justin real quick before pushing him away as she sat back up.

“Yeah her new tattoo is driving me crazy. I might just have to ride in another vehicle.” Justin said with a chuckle as he noticed Vanessa’s pout.

“What new tattoo?” Nick asked as he turned and look at them both. They had both agreed they wouldn’t tell anyone they were just temporary ones.

“These.” Vanessa and Justin replied as they lifted up their shirts showing off their brand new tats.

“Oh my God Ya’ll got each other’s last names tattooed on your bodies ” Nick practically shouted at them as he looked from Vanessa to Justin then back to Rachel in shock.

“Dude, calm down don’t have a heart attack they’re just temporary, take a deep breath.” Justin told Nick as he laughed.

“You weren’t supposed to tell J.” Vanessa said as she snuggled up against him.

“Sorry baby, but I thought he was going to die of a heart attack ” Justin said as he threw her a smile and kissed her nose.

“Yeah Yeah...turn on the radio Rach.” Vanessa said as she rolled down the window and leaned back onto Justin before propping her feet up out the window. She pulled down her cheap sunglasses that she had bought from the gas station. “Babe you want some YooHoo?” She asked Justin as she opened a bottle.

“I seriously don’t know why you love that stuff.” Justin said with a smirk as she stuck her tongue out at him.

“It’s the best! Seriously!” She responded with a laugh before she took a drink and started to sing quietly along with the radio.

Summertime is finally here
That old ballpark, man, is back in gear
Out on 49
Man I can see the lights

School's out and the nights roll in
Man, just like a long lost friend
You ain't seen in a while
And can't help but smile


And it's two bare feet on the dashboard
Young love and an old Ford
Cheap shades and a tattoo
And a Yoo-Hoo bottle on the floorboard


“See even Kenny Chesney put it in his song! Now try and tell me its gross!” She said with a laugh at the face Justin made.

“I don’t care about what some country star put in his song. That shit is gross and always will be.” Justin said as took the YooHoo bottle out of her hands keeping it out of her reach.

Perfect song on the radio
Sing along 'cause it's one we know
It's a smile, it's a kiss
It's a sip of wine, it's summertime
Sweet summertime


Temperature says 93
Down at the Deposit and Guarantee
But that swimmin' hole
It's nice and cold

Bikini bottoms underneath
But the boys' hearts still skip a beat
When them girls shimmy off
Them old cutoffs


“Oh my God! J, give me back my drink!” Vanessa shouted as she tried to grab it from his reach.

“How bad do you want it?”Justin asked as he wiggled his eyebrows. “Bad enough to give me a kiss?”

“Let me think about that.” Vanessa said as she giggled at Justin’s shocked face.

And it's two bare feet on the dashboard
Young love and an old Ford
Cheap shades and a tattoo
And a Yoo-Hoo bottle on the floorboard

Perfect song on the radio
Sing along 'cause it's one we know
It's a smile, it's a kiss
It's a sip of wine, it's summertime
Sweet summertime

The more things change
The more they stay the same
Don't matter how old you are
When you know what I'm talkin' 'bout
Yeah baby when you got


“That seriously hurt baby girl.” Justin said with a pout as he opened her YooHoo bottle and took a sip. ‘Okay so it really isn’t that bad but anything to mess with my girl.’ Justin thought as he continued drinking it in front of her to mess with her.

“Ugh quit drinking it. You said you didn’t like it.” Vanessa whined as she tried to grab the bottle from him. “Okay fine...J, I’ll kiss you just give me back my drink.” Vanessa told him as she leaned up and kissed him on the lips distracting him enough to get her drink back.

Two bare feet on the dashboard
Young love and an old Ford
Cheap shades and a tattoo
And a Yoo-Hoo bottle rollin' on the floorboard

Perfect song on the radio
Sing along 'cause it's one we know
It's a smile, it's a kiss
It's a sip of wine, it's summertime
Sweet summertime


“See sweetheart, that wasn’t so hard.” Justin said with a smirk as he kissed her nose.

“Seriously J, Tennessee should disown you. First, you don’t know how to two-step. Second, you put down Kenny Chesney. Third, you put down YooHoo. Come on.” Rachel said with a giggle as she watched them in the rearview mirror.

“No one asked you for your opinion Rach!” Justin said as he threw a candy wrapper at her.

“Way to be mature Justin.” Nick said with an eye roll causing everyone to laugh.
End Notes:
Feedback is always welcomed.
New Mexico: The Land of Enchantment (Part Four) by Schnessa
*In Santa Fe*

Justin looked around at the quaint hotel that Vanessa and Candice had picked for them to stay at. He could definitely see himself visiting Santa Fe more often with Vanessa. Its funny how he was now picturing her in his future as his girl not just one of his friends. He had wanted this so long and now here she was snuggled up to him as their friends talked around them.

“J, are you ready to go see the house?” Vanessa asked as she looked up to meet Justin’s eyes.

“Sure, baby girl. Who’s staying with us in the house?” Justin asked as he grabbed their bags and followed her.

“Oh Trace and Joanna. You know, since they’re the only other couple here.” She said as she grabbed his free hand pulling him out through the courtyard to a beautiful adobe house.

“They better have their own room ” Justin said with a chuckle as she opened the door to the house. It was not what Justin was expecting, it was huge It didn’t look that big on the outside but everything about it had an open air feeling.

“Which room do you want? The loft room is right above us and then there is a room down the hallway. That has a door.” Vanessa told him as she wiggled her eyebrows at him, laughing as he dropped their bags and threw her over his shoulder carrying her down the hallway towards the room with the door.

“Obviously the one with the door.” He states as he enters the room and shuts the door with his foot before placing her on the bed.

“J, do you have something planned? I mean you look like you’re concentrating pretty hard.” Vanessa asked with a smirk as she leaned back on the bed on her elbows.

“Yeah I’m wondering how I’m going to get you to scream my name without Trace and Joanna hearing.” He told her with a cocky grin.

“Wow, you sure are cocky.” Vanessa replied with a smirk as Justin made his way to her grabbing the hem of her t-shirt letting his fingers graze her skin.

“Baby girl, you know its true.” He muttered as he lifted her t-shirt off her body revealing that little teal bra he liked so much in the tattoo shop. He trailed his fingers down her neck, through the valley of her breasts, down her torso only to stop at her jeans before flicking the button open effortlessly. “You know, it’s really a shame that you look so damn good in these jeans but they have to come off.” He whispers as he pulls the zipper down chuckling when Vanessa lifts up her hips so he can pull her jeans down. He takes off her shoes and socks leaving her in just her bra and panties.

Justin steps back admiring her body and the smile on her face. She isn’t shy and he wouldn’t expect her to be. He took his shirt off tossing it to the ground with Vanessa’s clothing. He sighed as her small delicate hands reached up to unbutton his jeans. He let out a moan as she unzipped his zipper before letting her hand cup him through his jeans. He kicked off his shoes and roughly pulled off his jeans before climbing on the bed next to her.

They didn’t say a word as Justin pulled her to him, his hand smoothing its way down her back unclasping her bra and sliding it off her body. He moaned at the sight of her breasts taking her heavy globes into his hands and massaging gently as Vanessa let out a moan and ran her fingers through his hair. He leaned down taking a nipple into his mouth and sucked like it was the only thing he could do. His tongue flicked the tip before he moved to her other breast to kiss it.

His fingers ran their way along her sides before stopping at her hips. He hooked his fingers into her panties pulling them down her body revealing her wet pussy to him. He wanted to touch her, He wanted to kiss her most intimate spot but Vanessa had other ideas as she rolled them over so she was on top. She laughed at the shocked look on his face before leaning down and pressing her lips to his.

Her tongue licked his bottom lip before snaking into his mouth wrestling with his tongue distracting him from what her hands were doing. Before Justin knew what was going on she had his boxers off and was stroking him in her hands. He let out a growl as her mouth made its way down his body before positioning herself between his legs. He let out a sigh as she kissed his inner thigh letting her breath fan his hard dick. Vanessa licked the underside of his dick causing him to hiss before wrapping her mouth around the head sucking softly and slowly causing Justin to grip her head before trying to get her to take all of him in her mouth.

Vanessa relaxed her throat before taking all of him into her mouth letting her tongue massage and lick its way around his cock. She sucked slowly as her fingers massaged his balls causing him to let out a slew of dirty cuss words. She pulled away from his dick letting it out of her mouth with a pop as she kissed her way up his torso coming face to face with him.

Justin’s hands gripped her hips pulling her close to him feeling her juices sliding down her thighs before rolling them over so he was on top. “Damn baby,” He muttered as he slipped one of his long fingers into her causing her to gasp as she gripped onto his shoulders trying to pull him closer to her as he added another finger letting his thumb rub her clit.

Vanessa bucked her hips trying to get his fingers deeper into her as she moaned his name. She wrapped her arms around his neck threading her fingers in his hair as Justin leaned down pressing their lips together before spreading her legs open for him.

“Fuck J, please...,” Vanessa moaned as her hand reached between them grabbing his dick stroking him before laughing as Justin slapped her hand away.

“No baby, I can do it myself.” He said with a smile as he captured her lips in a steamy kiss stealing her breath away before he entered her. He watched as her eyes closed and back arched up off the bed as she let out the sexiest moan he had ever heard. He rolled his hips once watching as she gripped the sheets around them.

Justin’s hand slid down Vanessa’s body grabbing her ass before gripping her thigh making sure to wrap her leg around his waist. He pulled out of her tight wet pussy only to slam back into her their hips meeting causing them both to groan. He grunted out her name as her walls contracted around him the sensation causing his eyes to roll in the back of his head from pleasure.

Justin rested his forehead against Vanessa’s looking deep into her eyes when she started clawing at his back and wrapped her legs tighter around his waist pulling him deeper into her. She cried out his name as he hit her g-shot causing her legs to tremble and toes to curl and walls to suck him. Justin let out a strangled cry as he felt his orgasm hit him the same time Vanessa was taken over the edge. He shot his seed into her crying out her name as his hips continued rolling against her as the aftershocks of their orgasms raced through their bodies.

“Oh God.” Vanessa moaned as Justin collapsed against her as they chuckled.

“We should have done that a lot sooner.” Justin said as he rolled over onto his back pulling Vanessa against him sighing as she laid her cheek against his chest.

“Yep, but hey at least we get to do it now as much as we want.” Vanessa told him as he ran his hand up and down her back loving the way she snuggled against him.

“As much as we want...I like the sound of that.” Justin told her as he kissed the top of her head.

“Hey guys we’re planning on...,” Trace said as he swung the door to their room open startling Justin and Vanessa, “Shit! Sorry....I um....I’m leaving.” He muttered as he shut the door behind him.

“If I wasn’t so worn out I would have been embarrassed by that.” Vanessa muttered as she stayed put by Justin’s side.

“I hear that,” Justin muttered as he pulled the covers over them as they drifted off to sleep.
End Notes:
Lovin' the feedback...keep it coming.
New Mexico: The Land of Enchantment (Part Five) by Schnessa
Author's Notes:
Sorry it's been awhile. I've been working on another story but here's an update.

They were walking hand in hand through the streets of Old Town Santa Fe. Their friends were in front of the couple laughing and joking around as everyone just wondered through the various vendors. Candice and Vanessa had taken them to the Old Town Square to of course get the “Best Starbucks in the world” and Justin couldn’t help but think they were right. He wasn’t much of a coffee drinker preferring tea instead but after one sip of Vanessa’s latte he had immediately changed his mind. For the first time in a long time he was actually able to walk around and take in the sights and smells of place completely different than what he was used too.

 

At first he had agreed to go on the road trip just because it was Vanessa’s idea and it gave him three uninterrupted months with her by his side, but now he was realizing this is what he really needed. Sure he could have gone to Hawaii or Tahiti or some other exotic place but this trip was healing his soul. Vanessa was his girl now, his closest friends were all around, and he was enjoying himself. For the first time he was actually able to relax and those hideous bags under his eyes were going away and nothing felt greater than that.

 

“Babe, look at this ring.” Vanessa said as she showed him a huge turquoise stone laid in silver. They were among the Native American vendors and he had seen more turquoise than he ever that was imaginable.

 

“That’s pretty.” Justin told her, which had been his response to the past five rings, three necklaces, and two bracelets she had shown him. It’s not that he didn’t care; it’s just that he was just enjoying walking around with everyone.

 

“Pretty? Just pretty?” she said as she shook her head at him, “Esto menso no mas dice benito por todo,” she muttered in Spanish to Candice who just looked at Justin and laughed at his confused stare as Vanessa put back the ring and started walking away to another vendor.

 

“What? What did she say?” Justin asked Candice confused.

 

“She said ‘this idiot says everything is pretty’. She wants you to really look Justin and enjoy yourself.” Candice said before following Vanessa. Justin watched as his girlfriend and her best friend tried on different rings holding their hands away from them to see how they looked.

 

“Vanessa pull the Spanish out on you?” Trace asked him with a chuckle.

 

“Yeah apparently I’m an idiot.” Justin said as he shook his head.

 

“Nah man, she’s a chick. She wants you to tell her which one you like, chances are if you had said you really liked that ring she would have bought it. Joanna does it to me all the time.” Trace explained as he slapped Justin on the back with a chuckle at the confused look still gracing his features.

 

“Hey,” Justin said as he caught up with Vanessa and Candice, wrapping his arms around Vanessa’s waist pulling her closer to him, “I really liked that ring four vendors back. And just so you know, I am enjoying myself. I really love it here.”

 

“Really? Sometimes it seems like you’re not here. And just so you know, I’m not walking backwards to four vendors back.” Vanessa told him as he laughed and kissed her forehead.

 

“I really am enjoying myself. It’s peaceful and calming here. Besides I have my girl and my friends, what more could I ask for?” Justin told her as he placed a quick kiss behind her ear before releasing her.

 

“Nothing. I was getting worried you weren’t enjoying yourself.” Vanessa responded wrapping her arms around his waist to be closer to him after he released her.

 

“I’m starving. Can we go eat yet?” Nick asked as they broke away.

 

“What time is it?” Vanessa asked.

 

“Um 11:45am, Why?” Nick asked as he looked down at his watch.

 

“Oh yeah, let’s go. I made reservations at The Shed for us.” Vanessa told all of them as they started walking in the direction her and Candice were headed.

 

“The Shed? Really we’re going to eat at a place called The Shed?” Matt asked as Candice smacked him in the arm.

 

“Don’t ever talk bad about The Shed.” She told him as she linked her arm in Vanessa’s and they started skipping then running, as they got closer to a small building with light blue turquoise colored trimmed railing. Justin just laughed at his crazy girlfriend and her equally crazy friend before him and his friends joined them at the restaurant.

 

They were immediately seated out on the patio and the waiter came and got the order, which was the same for everyone because Vanessa and Candice raved on and on about the Enchilada Plate. As they were all eating the owner announced Karaoke lunch. Basically anyone who got up and sang would get his or her lunch for free. Everyone joshed with Justin about how he should show everyone how it was done when after three failed attempts from other customers had ended very badly. They all watched as Candice got up to the little stage that was set up and ran through the songs. She picked one and waited for the music to start. Vanessa clapped and hollered as the music started and Candice started singing.

 

I don't want to get up baby, let's turn off the phone
I don't want to go to work today or even put my makeup on
I've got better things to do than my to do list anyway
Hide under the covers and waste away the day
Let's just lay here and be lazy, baby drive me crazy

All I want to do wo wo wo wo wo wo wo wo wo wo wo wo wooo
All I want to do wo wo wo wo wo wo wo wo wo wo wo wo wooo is love you

 

They all started laughing as Candice walked over to their table with the mic in her hands swaying her hips back and forth before handing off the mic to Vanessa. Vanessa rose from the table brushing her hand along Justin’s shoulders as she sang.

I got my whole life to change the world and climb the ladders

 

She pointed to Justin as she sang, pointing at him.


Looking at you looking at me is the only thing that matters

 

She motioned for him to come to her laughing as he bobbed his head.


Come a little closer baby, we can talk without the words
Hang a sign on the door, please do not disturb
Let's just lay here and be lazy, baby drive me crazy

All I want to do wo wo wo wo wo wo wo wo wo wo wo wo wooo
All I want to do wo wo wo wo wo wo wo wo wo wo wo wo wooo is love you

 

Vanessa and Candice wrapped their arms around each other and swayed their hips back and forth as they sang the next part together. Justin and Matt both laughed at their ‘Elvis lips’.

Give me a kiss, from that Elvis lip,
You don't want to miss this,

All I want to do wo wo wo wo wo wo wo wo wo wo wo wo wooo
All I want to do wo wo wo wo wo wo wo wo wo wo wo wo wooo is love you wo woo
All I really want to do,
All I really want to do,
All I really want to do is love you, love you, love you

 

All the customers clapped and swayed as they twirled each other around all the while laughing at how stupid they were being up on the stage.

Come a little closer baby, we can talk without the words
Hang a sign on the door, please do not, please do not, please do not, please do not disturb
When I lay down in the evening all I really want to do,
When I wake up, when I wake up in the morning baby, all I really want to do...

 

‘Yeah this what he needed. His girl and his friends, nothing else in the world.’ Justin thought to himself as they ended the song with everyone clapping and hollering around them.
End Notes:
The song is All I Want To Do by Sugarland.
Texas: The Lone Star State (Amarillo by Morning) by Schnessa
Author's Notes:
Sorry this update took me so long. I've had it written for awhile but....yeah I don't really have an excuse so please forgive me.

Justin stared out the windown, biting his lip. He was nervous, nervous as hell. They were driving to Texas. Fucking Amarillo, Texas, also known as Vanessa's hometown. Just knowing that her family was eagerly anticipating his arrival made him nervous as fuck. He had met her family only a handful of times but this time he was meeting all of them. All her brothers, her sister, her mom, her dad, her step dad, her step mom, her grandparents, her aunts and uncles and cousins and nephews and nieces...all of them! Talk about pressure.

Of course she had reassured him that they were all going to love him. She even reminded him that he had already met some of them and they loved him but he wanted everything to go just right. He wanted to prove that he could take care of her and love her the way she deserved and the way they thought she deserved. He kept telling himself when they got to Millington she would feel the same way but he only had two brothers and she had ten plus a sister. Candice even told him not to worry that Vanessa had brought hom guys a whole lot worse than him. Then regaled him with stories of how Vanessa's dad chased away a guy with a shotgun, how her brother punched a guy who looked at Vanessa's ass in front of him and tons of other stories that left him shaking in his boots.

Then of course he had to meet all her friends. How he was going to recognize them he didn't know. All the pictures Candice and her had shown him were from keggers and frat parties where everyone looked so trashed. He kept telling himself that her friends and him would get along fine but again Candice had stepped in and mentioned stories about things he couldn't even possibly imagine doing.

He looked over at Vanessa as she drove, she was softly humming along to 'Amarillo by Morning' by George Strait. He never liked country music much but he ws slowly becoming a fan hanging around with her and Candice. He could hear Rachel softly snoring from the backseat. That girl never snored so she must have been tired as heck. His gaze roamed over Vanessa's face realizing she had the most stupid smile on her face. Kind of like the one he gets when he's going home after not being there for a while.

"Are you excited?" He asked as she looked over at him smiling brightly.

"Yeppers. I'm going home, that's always exciting. You should know all about that." She told him as she drummed her fingers along the steering wheel.

"Yeah I do," he murmured, just watching her.

"You can quit staring at me you know. I liked you better when you were staring out the window picking at your nails." She told him, biting her bottom lip to keep from smiling.

"You were watching me?" He asked as he sat up in his seat trying to read her expression since her sunglasses covered her all telling eyes.

"Just a little bit. Are you still nervous?" She asked as she looked straight ahead at the road.

"Yeah, I know I shouldn't be...I just....it means a lot if your family likes me." He sighed looking out his window again.

"They will like you. They know there's a reason I put up with you." Vanessa told him as she grabbed his hand and gave it a small squeeze, "You'll do great. Besides half of them will be so shitfaced they won't even remember if you screw anything up."

"Really? You think so?" Justin asked her facing her.

"Yep. I know for sure. I talked to my mom this morning and she said they were already drinking and that was at 8 o'clock Texas time!" Vanessa told him laughing at his shocked expression, "If anyone should be worried here, it should be me. My family is crazy. They might scare you off!"

Justin just laughed at her before stating, "I've waited so long to have you as my girl, no one and no thing is going to chase me away from you."

"Aw...that's sweet baby," Vanessa said squeezing his hand before pulling over at the 'Welcome to Texas' sign.

Everyone pulled over to the side of the road behind Justin's Jeep. They all climbed out of the various vehicles to take pictures with the State sign. Candice laughed as she took pictures of Vanessa pretending to kiss the sign and the ground, then she set up her tripod so they could take a group picture. They had done this for the past two states so she figured they had the process down pat but everyone proved her wrong. On the first try Trace told a joke which made everyone laugh so most of them had their eyes closed and had goofy looks on their faces. On the second try Matt let out a stinky fart which had everyone running away from the sign and Justin throwing dirt of Matt.

Finally on the third try she was able to get everyone in the picture with beautiful smiles on everyone's face. Of course her favorite subjects to photograph were Vanessa and Justin. They always were geniuely happy around each other and that came across on her film.

"You take a lot of pictures of them two," Nick told her as he stood beside her watching Justin and Vanessa take pictures of themselves and everyone else.

"I love the way they look on film together," Candice told him as she continued to snap away, "How are you doing?"

"I could be better. There's nothing better than watching the girl you love be happy and in love with someone else," Nick told her as he shrugged his shoulders, "Does he really make her happy?"

"I've never seen her so happy and in love. I hope you just love her enough to let her be happy with Justin." Candice told him as he nodded his head in silence and she made her way over to Matt, "You should have a talk with Nick," she told him as they looked over at Nick who was still watching Vanessa with Justin.

"He's still moping around for her? I thought we were over this in Santa Fe. I guess Trace and I will have to set him straight again." Matt told Candice as they all climbed back into their vehicles ready to had to Amarillo.

End Notes:
Feedback is my happy place.
This story archived at http://nsync-fiction.com/archive/viewstory.php?sid=938