Downgrade by angel_from_africa, meganj2007
Summary: Two and a half months later... and Jen and Justin are trying to sort it out... but will it work????
Categories: In Progress Het Stories Characters: Justin Timberlake
Awards: None
Genres: Celebrity/Celebrity, Drama, Romance
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 23 Completed: No Word count: 51557 Read: 44252 Published: Jun 23, 2008 Updated: Dec 28, 2010

1. Chapter 1-Justin by angel_from_africa

2. Chapter 2- Jen by angel_from_africa

3. Chapter 3- Justin by angel_from_africa

4. Chapter 4- Jen by angel_from_africa

5. Chapter 5- Jen by angel_from_africa

6. Chapter 6- Justin by angel_from_africa

7. Chapter 7- Jen by angel_from_africa

8. Chapter 8- Justin by angel_from_africa

9. Chapter 9- Jen by angel_from_africa

10. Chapter 10- Justin by angel_from_africa

11. update by angel_from_africa

12. Chapter 11- Jen by angel_from_africa

13. Chapter 12- Justin by angel_from_africa

14. Chapter 13- Jen by angel_from_africa

15. Chapter 14- Justin by angel_from_africa

16. Chapter 15- JEN by angel_from_africa

17. Chapter 16- Justin by angel_from_africa

18. Chapter 17- Jen by angel_from_africa

19. Chapter 18- Justin by angel_from_africa

20. Chapter 19-Jen by angel_from_africa

21. Chapter 20-Justin by angel_from_africa

22. Chapter 21- Jen by angel_from_africa

23. Chapter 22- Justin by angel_from_africa

Chapter 1-Justin by angel_from_africa
Author's Notes:
I know it's been over two months but here is the sequel to upgrade!! enjoy!!!
“Justin are you listening to me?” I looked up from my half eaten steak and nodded at Johnny.

“Sure,” I lied and reached for my glass of water, taking a long sip. “What’s up?”

“Have you spoken to Trace recently?” I felt my stomach drop but I nodded anyways, lying again. “Good, because I need you guys to finalize the show details by next week.”

“Ok,” I told him and gulped. I was dreading next week, unsure of how we were going to cope being in the same room together after almost two months of complete silence…..


“Trace…”

“I don’t wanna hear it,” Trace snapped in my ear, “We’re done.”

“Done?” I repeated, ignoring my last train of thought.

“Yes. As of this moment our friendship is over,” he clarified.

“Over? But what about…”

“Good-bye Justin.” And the line went dead.



That was the last time I had spoken to Trace, and that was two months ago. He’d somehow found out about the whole Kia situation and blamed me for it. I flipped open my phone and stared at the numbers before taking in a deep breath and let my fingers do the walking.

“Hello?”

“Trace?”

CLICK.

He’d hung up. I sighed and tried again.

“What?”

“T please…” CLICK. This was going nowhere. I tried one last time.

“Leave me alone.”

“I would but Johnny…”

“I don’t give a shit.” CLICK. At least we’d progressed.


I was feeling very frustrated, and I was being stalked. Ever since I’d last seen Jen, Hannah had been on my case. She had somehow found out that I was “single” and would not give up, no matter what. I wanted to beat someone.

“Go away!” I slammed the door shut and took in a deep breath, turning around to see Rachel peeling over in laughter. “Well I’m glad someone is having a good time at my expense.”

“I’m sorry,” she replied, still wiping away tears of laughter from her eyes.

“No you’re not,” I grumbled and shoved past her into the kitchen to get a bottle of water before heading back up the stairs to my new found sanctuary, Sara’s nursery. The moment I stepped foot into the room I heard Rachel sigh.

“Justin..” she began and I turned on her.

“What?” I snapped and yanked the cap off the water bottle I was holding.

“You know what.”

“No I don’t,” I growled and plonked myself down into the rocking chair which I’d fought Jen not to take; it had been quite a scene.

“You need to give that to Jen, Sara needs it,” Rachel clarified and stood before me, sitting on the floor in front of me. “This is not healthy J. You’ve been sitting in here ever since…”

“Ever since Jen decided to turn up,” I finished, “Yeah I know. But I need to be close to my baby.”

“So go see her,” Rachel advised and I rolled my eyes. It was as if she hadn’t lived here all those years.

“I can’t,” I reminded her, “She refuses to see me. Threatened to call the cops if I so much as sniffed her way.”

“I know, but you’re still Sara’s father,” Rachel tried again.

“No I’m not,” I answered and Rachel rolled her eyes. She stood up again and shook her head.

“You’re impossible. How are you going to go through with the fashion show?” she asked and I chortled a fake laugh.

“Didn’t you hear? There is no show. Trace and I are over. His words not mine,” I answered and lifted my feet off the ground so my knees were touching my chest. “No fashion show.”

“You mean the collection you’ve worked almost six months on will just be thrown out the window?” Rachel asked and laughed bitterly. “Nice J. Real nice. Get yourself together ok? Grow some balls and get off your lazy ass and make up with Trace ok? Even if it means breaking down his door to do it. You’re friendship is too important to throw away over some dumb ass girl.”


"Jen..."

"Leave it Justin ok? I'm so fed up," Jen sighed and I stared at her for a moment. She'd all of a sudden decided to turn up again and try and take Sara's chair from me.

"You're not taking it," I clarified and crossed my arms over my chest in case I did something crazy. "You owe me that much."

"I owe you?" she repeated and stared at me, "For what?"

"For taking Sara from me. The least you can do is leave me something of hers ok?" I replied and she shook her head.

"But she needs it Justin! I need it! She doesn't get to sleep without it!" Jen exclaimed in fustration.

"Well that's not my fault," I answered and stalked over to the chair that was still sitting in it's corner covered in plastic. "You shouldn't have left but you did. Now I get the chair."

"Why? So you can live out your fantasy of being the father you couldn't be?" she asked and followed me.

"It was never a fantasty ok? I was a good father!"

"Yeah when it suited you!" Jen retorted with a laugh. "Now let me take the chair and MAYBE I'll let you have her socks."

"Her socks?" I asked in shock. "No way that's unfair! This chair means a lot more to me than just a pair of socks ok?"

"Singing to her ONCE in it doesn't make it special to you!"

"I sang to her more than once okay? Not just that damn time you went to the Oscars and left us here alone. It was the only way she could get to sleep," I replied and Jen smiled sweetly.

"Exactly why I need it," she answered and shoved me out of the way before calling Mike into the room.

"Yeah?" Mike asked and looked between the two of us. "You ok Jen?"

"Yeah," she replied with a nod and pointed to the chair I was still trying to protect with my body. "Can you ask the movers to come up and take the chair out?"

"Sure," Mike nodded and glanced at me suspiciously. "Anything else?"

"No."

"You sure?" he asked just to be sure.

"She said she was fine," I replied rolling my eyes.

"Justin!"

"What?"

"Nothing. Just let us take the chair ok? Then we'll be out of your hair for good," she told me and I panicked, knowing that she meant what she said.

"No! Sorry Mike but you can forget the chair," I said and glared at the six foot five bodyguard meanancingly.

"Sorry Justin," Mike sighed and with one hand pushed me to the side rather roughly before calling in another two guys to help him take the chair out. I lunged at it before they could lay one finger on it and sat tight.

"No."

"Justin! Now you're just being childish!" Jen exclaimed with embarassement and looked at the movers.
"Sorry."

"I am not being childish! You are not taking this chair, end of story. Tiny!" I yelled for my bodyguard at the top of my lungs.

"Tiny's not here Justin," Jen reminded me. "You sent him to get something at the store remember?"

Shit she was right. FUCK.

"So? You're still not taking this chair. So these guys can leave and I can get back to my life," I told her firmly. "Now if you don't mind..."

"Fine!" Jen snapped and looked at Mike. "Just leave it. Let's go, we can come back another time when he's not home."

"Fat chance," I grumbled under my breath. "I'll change the code to the gate so you can't get in."

"What?" She asked as she walked away.

"Nothing! Have a nice day!"


"You need to talk to him baby," Mamma told me a few days later, "You know I was talking to his mother..."

"I know you told me this part already," I replied rolling my eyes at her, "Besides I've already tried talking to him but I can't help it if all T wants to do is slam the phone down in my ear."

"Well it's not right. You two have know eachother since you were kids. Are you really willing to throw all those years of friendship away because of a girl?" she questioned staring at me.

"God you sounds JUST like Rach," I retorted and she glared at me.

"Justin Randall..." she warned.

"Sorry mamma but you do! She said the exact same thing!" I replied in aspiration.

"Then why am I repeating it?" my mother questioned, "Rachel was right and you know it."

"But Trace..."

"I don't care. The two of you are going to sort this out. Understood?" she demanded like she always did when she wanted me to listen to her.

"But he doesn't want to! Don't you get that?" I asked her desperately. "Mamma he hates me!"

"He does not," mamma replied, "Stop being so dramatic."

"But it's true!" I answered, "Besides I'm not being dramatic."

"Yes you are," she replied with a finality to her voice signaling the end of our conversation. "Now pick up the damn phone and call him."

"Fine," I grumbled and took the phone from her, "But he won't talk to me."


"Hello?"

"Trace?" There was a long silence.

"What do you want? I told you to leave me alone," Trace replied angrily.

"I know you did. But I..." I began wondering what to say, I looked at my mother across the room. She pretended to read a magazine. Some help she was. "We need to talk."

"I know," he sighed and I heard the change in his tone. "The show's next week right?"

"That's not what we have to talk about," I answered slowly. "But yeah it is."

"Then what do we have to talk about? Because I'm not in the mood," he told me.

"You never are," I grumbled and saw my mother snap her head up at my comment. "I mean, I know but T..."

"You betrayed me J," Trace interupted, "I thought we were friends. Best friends."

"We are," I answered honestly.

"Then why didn't you tell me about Kia?" he asked, the anger creeping back into his voice.

"I... You told me you guys talked so I presumed..."

"You always presume shit J," Trace snapped and I took in a deep breath. "We didn't talk about anything. She just told em our relationship was over and that you told her it was the best thing."

"I told her no such thing!" I gasped in shock. That lying whore! "I told her she should sort her shit out and tell you the truth. I didn't want to get involved."

"Well you did," he snapped and I sighed.

"I know and I'm sorry. I was going to tell you ok? The night I found out but then you told me I was leaving Jen and I got preoccupied. The next time I talked to Kia was after we talked and I thought you knew. You sounded as if you knew so I didn't say anything ok? Then she told me she hadn't told you and I went crazy. Threatened her to say something or I would and....I'm sorry," I answered. "Please believe me."

"And she twisted things to make you look like the bad guy?" Trace replied and I nodded before realizing he couldn't see me.

"Yeah," I answered, "But she never really liked me. So I suppose..."

"I know," he replied with a sigh, "I should have seen it coming, she was always..."

"Yeah she was. But let's not dwell on the past ok? Can't we just get back to being friends? Even though it means starting from the start?" I asked hopefully and waited for his reply. There was silence on the other end for a long while.

"Yeah ok," he said after a while. "I missed you J."

"Me too T," I grinned. "I missed us too."


A few days later found me walking into one on Miami's hottest clubs, and for once I wasn't there for the drinks, after all it was mid-day.

"Uh... hey," I greeted my old friend awkwardly and smiled nervously at him. He gave me half a smile back and nodded.

"Hey," Trace replied and looked down at his feet, "How's it...uh.. going?"

"Okay, I guess. You?" I asked, thinking how awkward this whole bloody situation was. "So, uh, have you finished all the designs yet?"

"Uh, yeah. Got them done you know, last two months. They're ready to show," he told me, looking over his shoulder to the dressing room.

"Cool," I nodded and followed him to where the clothes were set up. "No trouble finding the models then?"

"Not at all. There was a lot of interest to sign up. Surprisingly," he rolled his eyes and I wanted to laugh but I spotted a hint of sarcasm to his voice, as if he was referring to something.

"Good," I nodded and decided I should try and be somewhat professional. I glanced around the room and noticed the decor. It was tacky, but it suited the show's theme perfectly. Exactly what we were going for. "Great."

"Yeah," he mumbled as we reached the clothes and pulled out a few outfits for me to see. "Here are a few samples."

"Great colors," I said with a small smile and feel my stomach clench up as I looked at the clothes. This was not how I pictured to be feeling when we had decided to do this a few months back. I was supposed to feel... I don't know. Proud? Happy? "I'm sure people will, uh, love it." And by "people" I was secretly hoping Jen.

"They will," he nodded as if he knew something I didn't. "They DEFINITELY will love it."

"Well if you're so sure..." I replied, looking at him. It was as if we'd fallen back into our old ways.

"I'm sure J," he smiled and placed a hand on my shoulder. "Don't worry so much ok? Besides if this thing flops you're career will still be going strong right?"

I felt as if I'd been slapped in the face, back to reality. There it was, reminding me where we were. Reminding me to check myself.

"Right," I grumbled and looked away from him, struggling out of his grasp and walking to the other side of the table. "So is there, uh, anything else we need to do before tonight?"

"No," he replied and picked the clothes back up, as if he'd felt the tension I'd just created. "I'll handle it. Just make sure you make it here on time ok?"

"Ok," I replied and licked my lips nervously before faking a glance at my watch. "Shit, look at what time it is! I better go start getting ready. Call me if you need anything ok?"

"Ok," he nodded, not really looking at me anymore. I nodded and before he could say another word I dashed out of there as if I was on fire.


"I don't wanna go," I told Rachel and my mother a few hours later as I flopped down into a nearby chair. My mother glared at me and Rachel just stared, mouth open and all.

"What? Why?" Rachel asked before my mother to begin to lecture me on responsibility. I sighed and shook my head, still ignoring my mother's glares.

"Because...." I began and wondered how I should rephrase my next sentence. "Because it's too damn depressing."

"Well that's you're own damn fault," my mother cut-in before Rachel could say anything. She'd had enough of my moaning and groaning the past few months and she let me know it. "You should have been more sympathetic to Jen."

She had been Jen's number one fan since this whole thing started, I wasn't surprised she would take her side now.

"I know," I muttered, knowing that was the best thing to say. "But..."

"No buts," she snapped and tapped her foot on the carpeted floor. "You are going end of story. I'm so sick of you moaning and groaning. Go and have some fun for a change. You do remember what that is don't you? Forget about Jen and Sara for tonight okay?"

"You make it sound so simple," I replied and looked at Rach, who was conveniently exiting the room at this point. "I CAN'T."

"Why not?" mamma asked placing her hands on her hips. Did she not get it? Did she not know what tonight meant?

"Just because," I decided to say, which got me a clip on the ear.

"Justin Randall Timberlake!" She yelled and slapped me HARD. "Snap out of it! You ARE going to go and you ARE going to have fun. Do you understand me young man?"

"Shit," I grumbled and rubbed my ear. "You don't have to yell ok? I'll go, but I'm not promising anything."

She smiled and nodded at me, "Good."

This was going to one damn long night.
Chapter 2- Jen by angel_from_africa
Feb, 2007 9:46 p.m.


"Yesterday we got Paris out partying at Club Villa..." The TV blared as I lay in bed waiting for my husband to come home from his meeting.

"All they do is talk about the same old thing," I said aloud watching TMZ. I flipped the channel, landing on BET's Comicview. I heard the side door close and the key pad beeping followed by the rattling of keys, followed by foot steps and mumbling.

"These next couple months are gong to be tight...I'm going to be down in Louisiana...yeah!" Justin came in, phone attached to his ear, black scarf around his neck and those crazy comando boots. "Hey." He pecked my lips before walking into the bathroom continuing his conversation. I heard the shower being turned on and turned my attention back to the TV. "Yeah man we got to get together and do something...yeah." He came out of the bathroom and into the closet. "Alright man...I'll get back with you in a couple days...bye."

"How was your meeting?" I asked sitting up turning off the TV.

"It was good. They liked my idea for the show, so we’ll see what happens. How was your night with Ms. Sara?" He yelled from the closet.

"It was ok," I replied getting out of bed to use the bathroom. Justin came out and butt necked behind me.

"Are you going to take a shower with me?" he asked with a smirk.

"No."

"Why not?"

"Because." I sat on the toilet and watched him step into the shower.

"Because what?"

"Because you plus me plus shower equals sex and nappy hair." I stood up and flushed the toilet and washed my hands.

"Not necessarily?"

"Which part is the not necessarily?" I asked.

"The nappy hair part," he laughed.


Dec. 2007 6:31 p.m.

"Justin I'm not ready yet."

"Jen we're going to have to let them in sometime."

"What if they see you giving her more attention and they get jealous or try and hurt her?" I had forced Justin to keep the dogs outside because I was worried they would try to do something to Sara.

"I promise...do you trust me?" I stayed silent. "Jen! Do you trust me?"

"Yes," I said looking at the dogs behind the glass. Justin pulled the glass door back and grabbed the dogs by their collars and walked them over to Sara.

"Here’s your baby sister," Justin said and I rolled my eyes as I watched them sniff her arm and foot.


Nov. 2007 11:45 a.m.

"Check the water and make sure its not hot," I told Justin he was holding newborn Sara preparing her bath. This was his first time giving Sara her bath by himself.

"Please don't scar my grand baby," Lynn said holding her camera.

"I won't!" Justin exclaimed laying a sleeping Sara down in the bathing tub. Momma, Julia and Lynn were sitting around the island, and Trace and Kia stood next to me.

"Make sure to get her ears," I said watching closely as he bathed her.

"Yeah and don't forget her vajay-jay."

"Trace!" Everyone yelled laughing.


May 2008.


"Ladies and gentlemen please fasten your seatbelts..."

It’d been two months since I last saw Justin, and I had to come to L.A. to figure out what to do next. For some reason I felt that this trip would be very different from the last.


"You can put that box there thank you." The moving guy nodded his head.

"Jen where would you like this?" Mike asked holding a box.

"You can put it in the closet." I was at Justin’s place, trying to finish unpacking before Justin got back and my plane was leaving in two hours. Marcus advised me to move back in for the sake of my career till the end of the year and figure out what to do next. I stayed with J.C. for a couple days before going back home to Chicago to finish my album. Kia had been working from a distance and the only people I was talking to were Mike, Sara and my family. I had lost all respect for Justin, and there was nothing in this world that he could do for him to gain it back. There had been rumours about us going through a rough patch but Justin's publicist quickly shot them down by saying that he was not involved with his personal life. My publicist released a statement saying that we were very happy and the rumours were falling.

"I think that’s the last of it," I said looking in my purse for my phone.

"Alright let’s go," Mike said and I followed close behind him, dialing my mother to check on Sara.

"Looks like someone's home," Mike said. I looked up as I walked out of the garage, to see a black BMW pull up and Justin jumping out before it stopped.

"Jennifer!" I grabbed the back of Mike’s shirt using him as a shield. I really didn't want to talk to him right then. "Jennifer!"

"Back up Justin!" Mike yelled holding out his arm.

"What the hell man? Who do you think you’re talking to?"

"Man I suggest you back up..."

"Last time I checked you work for me," Justin said moving to try to get to me.

"Last time I checked you hired me to protect Jen and she doesn't want to talk to you."

"Come on man!" Tiny yelled getting out of the driver’s side.

"I'm just doing my job!" Mike yelled back helping me into our car.

"Jen...baby please talk to me!" Justin yelled as Mike shut my door and went around the driver’s side to start the car. I kept my head down, this was going to be a lot harder then I thought.


"Come on sweet pea." I picked up Sara from her car seat and walked through the garage Mike leading the way. It’d been two and half months since I'd been back and the last time I was here Justin and I had and altercation, luckily I'd been busy with my album and promoting Sex and the City.

"Oh my...Johnny didn't say you all were coming," Lynn broke my daydream. She came up and hugged me kissing my cheek. "Ah Sara look how much you've grown...can I hold her?"

"Of course," I said passing Sara to her. Mike and I stood back watching her re-bond with Sara.

"Justin is out playing golf." I nodded looking around, everything looked the same since I left. "Do you want to see daddy play some golf? Huh Sara?" I couldn't help but smile, as she bounced Sara on her hip.

"We'll...I was just going to wait here till he gets back."

"He left thirty minutes ago...Jen please, he would really love to see the both of you." Her eyes pleaded.


Mike drove the golf cart over the hill talking to Tiny on the phone a few minutes later another cart came into view, Tiny sitting behind the wheel.

"Hey man," Mike said pulling up next to the other cart.

"Long time no see, hey Jen," Tiny said getting out.

"Hey babe," I said as he kissed my cheek.

"Where's Justin?" Mike asked turning the cart off. Tiny pointed over the green where Justin was putting. When I saw him all the memories of what happened months ago came back. He was bending over picking up the ball from the hole.

"Hey J!" Mike waved his hand, Justin stood up trying to make out who we were.

"You’re going to have to face him sometime Jen," Tiny said helping me out the cart, I moved Sara to my left hip and held on to Tiny’s hand as he lead me down the hill. Justin just stood there looking at us. "Hey man look who I found in the bunker."

Justin and I stood there looking at each other. I didn't want to admit it but he looked good...damn good white golf shoes, black slacks black and white striped polo shirt.

"It's good to see you." He was first to speak. I smiled back. "She’s gotten so big." He reached over to touch Sara's tiny hand but she quickly snatched it back turning her head in the crook of my neck. My heart sunk when I saw the look in his eyes of hurt.

"It was a long plane ride," I explained hoping it would make it better.

"Looks like we have company," Tiny interrupted we both turned to see paparazzi snapping away.

"We’re going to let you finish your game..." I was feeling really uncomfortable and I knew Justin could tell.

"I’m finished," he said looking at Sara then Tiny. "She doesn't remember me dose she?" I watched Tiny walk over to the hill. I looked down at Sara playing with her bare foot. "Do you remember me Jen?"

"I remember what you did," I snapped back. We stood there looking at each other for couple minutes. I was taken off guard when he invaded my personal space. I looked down at my feet pulling on my long blue dress trying not to look in his eyes. He wrapped his arm around my waist he was so close I felt his breath on my cheek.

"I like this new cut...it’s sexy." I recently cut my hair in a cute bob for the premiere. I started to take a step back but he held on tighter. "The paparazzi hasn't seen me with my family in two and half months. I think now is a good time to show them how much I've missed my wife." He leaned in to kiss me but I turned my head slightly that he kissed the corner of my mouth, from the paps angle it looked like a normal kiss.

"Justin, I need some more time...can we talk about this later?" He nodded taking my hand in his.


I was in Sara's nursery changing her diaper when Justin walked in sitting in the rocking chair next to the window. The only noise that could be heard was Sara's laughing and gurgling.

"Are you going to start talking to me now?" Justin asked.

'Silent' I'd been avoiding Justin all day since we got home from the golf course. When he would come into a room I would act like he wasn't there or leave. I didn't think he really knew how much he hurt me.

"Have you talked to Kia?" He asked taking a deep breath in.

"You ready to go Sara?" I smiled picking up a clean Sara.


Later in the day 6:35p.m.


"Sara baby why are you giving mommy such a hard time??" For the past week Sara had been having a hard time being separated from me, where ever we went if I wasn’t in her sight she flipped out. And right now she was going through one of those fits.

"Did you try giving her a bottle?" Lynn asked looking in the oven.

"Yeah, I don't know...she's being a diva right now." We both laughed when Justin came into the kitchen.

"What's so funny?"

"Your daughter is giving your wife a hard time," Lynn said smiling.

"Can I see her?" He asked sitting in the stool next to me holding out his hands. Lynn was watching me closely and I didn't want to object in front of her, so I passed Sara to him.

"You giving momma a hard time Munchkin...huh?" Justin rubbed Sara's back, her wails turned into whimpers as she calmed down. "I missed you so much."
"See all she needed was her daddy," Lynn said. Sara laid her head on his shoulder for the first time in two months and I'm not going to lie, a part of me felt jealous I didn't want her to bond with him, I wanted him to feel as much pain as I was feeling. The door bell rang pulling me from my thoughts.

"I'll get it," Justin said getting off of the stool when he was out of sight Lynn came up to me pulling me into a hug.

"You don't know how much he missed his girls."

"Ma did you make enough food looks like we have company!" Justin said coming into the kitchen Trace behind him followed by J.C. and I felt my stomach tighten.

"I haven't seen you in forever," Lynn said coming around the island to hug J.C.

"What about me?" Trace asked.

"Boy I saw you yesterday." Everyone in the room laughed.

"It's good to see you too," J.C. said looking at me as he hugged Lynn. "Jennifer you’re looking beautiful as always." I looked down at myself I had on a black wife beater and Grey jogging pants.

"Thank you." He came over to me pecked my cheek and hugged me.

"We need to talk," he whispered in my ear.

"So what brings you by Jayce?" Justin asked interrupting our hug.

"Nothing. I just wanted to see how Jennifer and Sara are doing before I start the show," he said looking at me. I could tell that Justin wasn't pleased with fact that J.C. was here for me.

"Why don't you guys go talk in the den so I can finish up here?" Lynn suggested.

"Are sure? I can help yo-"

"No go spend some time with your husband and guests," she said giving me the eye knowing Justin and I had a lot to talk about. I got off the stool and followed behind Justin and Trace with J.C. behind me. As we we're walking into the den I felt him pull at the waist ban of my pants. I grabbed his hand pulling him to the side.

"What the hell are you thinking coming here?"

"You’re all I think about and what happened that nigh-"

"STOP, what happened that night was a mistake."

"All we did was make out I don't no why you’re freaking out."

"Because I'm still a married woman and I would look like a hypocrite if Justin found out." The night before I left for Chicago J.C. took me out to a jazz club I did have a little drink to loosen me up but for a person who never drinks it was a bit much. I was so tipsy that J.C. had to carry me up the stairs. All I remember is waking up in his bed fully clothed next to him.

"Trust me nothing happened," he said caressing my cheek. Before I could react Justin interrupted us.

"Hey Jen the little monster has finally gone..." Justin stood there looking between the two of us.

"I'll take her to bed," I said and pulled a sleeping Sara from his arms and laid her on my shoulder. I looked up at Justin to see him staring at J.C.


During dinner Trace was making jokes about dinner the other day with his lady friend I could feel the tension between J.C. and Justin I don't know what was said after I left but I know it wasn't good.

"Justin, Jen I’m gone!" Lynn yelled from the side door, I finished fluffing the pillows on the couch before seeing her go. "Paul and I are going on a little vacation so I will be back on Monday."


Justin and I said our goodbyes and headed into the den. Justin grabbed my wrist pulling me down in his lap on the couch. Trace sat in the chair next to the couch a few minutes later J.C. came in and sat in the chair diagonal from us.

"What do you guys want to watch?" Trace asked flipping through the Showtime movie channel.

"Something funny," I suggested. Trace dimmed the lights with the remote, Justin wrapped his arm around my waist pulling me down so I laid with him behind me on the couch. I started to feel butterfly's in my stomach. This wasn't supposed to happen I should be angry with him giving him the silent treatment not physical contact. I moved his arm shoving it next to him and turned my attention back to the screen. Few minutes later I felt lips kiss my shoulder and neck.

"Justin stop," I whispered. He ran his hand under my shirt over my stomach and cupped my breast. "Justin I said stop." I raised my voice a little. Justin flopped back with a signed and looked over my shoulder at J.C.

"What the fuck are you looking at?" Justin asked harshly. Trace and I turned to Justin.

"I don't know what you’re talking about," J.C. said.

"You know exactly what I'm talking about. Eying my wife like she’s a piece of meat,” Justin snapped back.

"Justin come on man relax and watched the movie," Trace interfered. Just before Justin could say anything else I sat up and grabbed his jaw.

"Stop it you hear me! I am sick and tired of your jealous ways you say one more thing I will lay out on this floor do you understand me?" Justin's eyes were like saucers. "I said do you understand me?"

"Yes." I roughly let go of his jaw letting his head hit the back of the couch.

"Yes Ma'am," Trace said laughing. Justin sat their appalled holding his jaw. J.C. looked at me with a smile and winked.
Chapter 3- Justin by angel_from_africa
Author's Notes:
i know it's been ages but school has been crazy... yet here we have a new chapter and we hope you all enjoy!!
CHAPTER THREE.
Justin.

Finally after nearly two months Jen decided to come home, and to say it wasn't weired would be a lie. After the so called 'fashion show' things went insane. I got there that night only to find myself face to face with Jen, and Sara. And a double whiskey and coke, which was soon dumped out behind the bar by Trace.

I grumbled for a while under my breath until Johnny came along and decided to inform me of the new arrangements, Jen and Sara were moving back in. I almost jumped out of my skin with joy. Then I remembered myself and Jen ran for the ladies room with Sara.

So back to reality. We were in the bedroom and I had somehow found myself on the floor, when Jen decided to speak.

"You have the manners of a baboon," she told me, sitting on the bed and letting out her hair.

"He started it," I grumbled and slid under the thin blanket I had placed on the floor. Jen rolled her eyes at me and set down her brush before climbing into the bed. "Jen?"

"What?" she sighed with a slight snap and glared at me as if I'd just committed the worse crime known to man-kind.

"Nothing," I sighed and turned over to try and forget that JC was in the next room thinking about my wife.


I remember waking up late in the night and somehow stumbling across Jen sleeping peacefully alone in the bed, which was why I ended up in Sara's room in the morning. I woke up feeling stiff, and realizing I was in Sara's rocking chair when Jen walked in.

She ignored me at first, but as I stood up slowly and yelped at the pain in my hips she turned to look at me.

"What are you doing here?" she asked, clearly shocked to see me. I shrugged and rubbed my legs.

"I dunno. Couldn't sleep," I lied and walked up to where she was standing, by the crib with Sara in her arms. "Why?"

"Thought you and Trace were playing golf," she replied simply and rocked Sara back and forth to get her to wake up. "Come on Sar-Sar. Time to get up."

I instinctively reached out to touch Sara's back but Jen turned away from me at that very moment. I felt a pang of jealousy go through me.

"I can't even touch her now?" I was grumpy and angry and at the tone of my voice Jen turned to me.

"Of course you can," she sniffled and her eyes shifted to Sara who was just waking up. I reached over and rubbed her back.

"Wakey wakey Munchkin," I cooed and kissed the sleeping baby's forehead. "You're not gonna give us a hard time today are ya?"

"She's up," Jen snapped as Sara opened her eyes and wailed loudly. "Come on Sar-Sar, let's go get your bottle."

I glared at Jen's back as she turned around again and walked towards the door with Sara on her hip.

"Jen," I called after her, walking as fast as my legs would let me. "Wait." Jen stopped in her path and sighed.

"What is it Justin?" she asked and shook her head.

"Why have you been acting like I'm not Sara's father?" I asked her, coming up beside her.

"Because you're not," she replied simply and I sighed.

"You're right. I may not be her BLOOD father but I am her father none the less," I answered evenly and reached out to the baby, "Let me take her."

"That's ok. I got it," Jen answered and began walking again. This time she was too fast for even me to catch up.


"Man," I muttered under my breath and slammed the club back into the case as Trace sniffled a laugh. "What?"

"Dude, calm down," he laughed and patted me on the back, at least our relationship was getting back to it's roots. "Let's head back into the club house and get a drink. Ok?"

"Fine," I grumbled and clambered back into the golf cart quickly, looking over my shoulder for Tiny. "Tiny! Let's go!"

"Shut up man," Trace laughed and shook his head, "This is a golf course ya know. Quiet and all is required." I rolled my eyes at him and waited for Tiny to climb in beside me before we headed off.

"You okay kid?" Tiny asked me, as he noticed my grumpy silence for a long while.

"Yeah," I muttered and crossed my arms across my chest. "I mean it's just that Jen's been such a bitch lately."

"Well can you blame her?" Tiny asked getting where the conversation was going.

"No but..." I began and sighed. "But it's just not fair! I said I was sorry and all."

"Yeah, but sometimes sorry isn't enough," Tiny replied and swerved the car around a bunker.

"Then what is? I've tried everything and nothing is working. I can't even get five minutes alone with Sara anymore," I grumbled and Tiny raised an eyebrow at me.

"Really? It's that bad huh?" he asked, and I could sense the mockery in his voice.

"Yeah. Well ok not THAT bad. I guess it could be worse," I answered flatly.

"Yeah like having them not be at home?" Tiny wanted to know and I nodded. When it was put like that my life didn't sound too bad.


"Get out."

"What?" I looked at Jen dumbfounded, too shocked to speak as she and her new assistant, Shelia, walked in and out of the room with my things. Here I was in my own home being banished to the guest bedroom, my guest bedroom. This was crazy. "Why?"

"Because I have a music video shoot to get to tomorrow, early, and I need a good night's rest," Jen explained, "Plus I can't live with you right now."

"But technically...." I began but she cut me off.

"Yeah I know. Technically we're still living in the same house, but that doesn't mean we have to be in the same room. Besides you are such a baboon when it comes to manners I don't need that stress the night before I have to work," she said and I looked at her, shocked.

"So why don't you move into the guest bedroom then? After all this is MY house," I snapped back, "If you're so miserable with me."

"Because," she explained calmly, handing one of my shirts to Sheila, "I'm your wife."


I was glad the next morning when Jen decided to go to work early and leave me in charge of Sara, but it wasn't before she burst into my room with a list of things I HAS to do that was too long for words. It was as if she didn't trust me but had no choice to leave Sara with me. But I just grinned and beared it, because I knew an opportunity like this wouldn't come around in a while.

I was washing Sara when the other pain in my life decided to call, social services.

"Hello?"

"Mr Timberlake?" the woman on the other end asked, I put Sara against my shoulder and nodded.

"Yeah?" I asked and rubbed Sara down with my free hand.

"This is Mary Mission from Social Services calling," she answered.

"Ah," I replied and stopped what I was doing. Placing Sara back in her carrier and handing her a rattle to keep her occupied while I was on the phone. "What can I do for you Miss Mission?"

"I'm just calling to inform you and Mrs Timberlake that we'll be sending over a representative at around three," she informed me.

"A representative? What for? What have we... I mean can I ask as to the reason of this visit?" I asked sitting down so I wouldn't fall over.

"Just to check up on things is all. So will three o'clock work for you?" she asked calmly, and before I could answer she continued. "Good we'll see you then."

Then I began to panic.


"Jen! Hurry up!" I called running to the main bedroom with an arm full of things. It was two thirty and the social worker was to be here any moment. And I was going INSANE.

"Hold your horses!" Jen called from somewhere behind me. I whirled around and nearly knocked Jen off her feet as I did so. "Watch it!"

"Sorry," I muttered and dropped everything I was carrying in order to help her up. "But if I'd been in there, we wouldn't be doing this."

"Oh shut up," she muttered and pushed away from me, dusting herself off. "If you would have told me earlier..."

"I tried but you weren't picking up the damn phone," I snapped and re-picked up my things from the floor.

"Then you should have done this yourself," she snapped back and picked up the stuff that was in her arms.

"I would have but..." I began but was interrupted by Shelia rushing up to us, looking panicked.

"Guys, they're here," she panted and handed Sara to Jen, taking the stuff from both of us. "I'll finish up here you guys distract them for a while ok? And behave!"

"We..." I tried again but Jen grabbed my arm.

"Shut up let's go," she hissed and pulled me down the stairs to where our fate was waiting for us.


"So?"

"So what?" I asked Trace a few hours later.

"So how did it go?" Trace asked, "Nothing too crazy I hope."

"Nope," I answered looking at the stairs briefly where Jen had run off to. "Just that the stupid social worker asked some shit questions about Crystal."

"Like?" Trace urged and followed my gaze to the stairs.

"Like if she was a slut and into drugs," I replied, "It was terrible."

"Wow," Trace breathed and I nodded in agreement.

"Yeah wow," I answered and shook my head. "It was just... it wasn't what I expected. Man, what if they take Sara from us?"

"Why would they do that?" Trace wanted to know. "You didn't.... you didn't say anything did you?"

"What? No!" I protested, "It was just... okay here's the thing. I may have gotten a bit crazy with the husband role ok?"

"Really?" Trace sniffled a laugh and shook his head, "In what way? You didn't try..."

"No of course not!" I told him, he had a dirty mind. "I was just... overly feely with her. And she got upset, which may have sparked her walking out on social services."

"She walked out on them? As in got up and..." Trace asked shocked.

"Yes. As in she got up and walked. She was pissed as hell though," I said with a sigh.

"Well I would be too," Trace nodded, "But I don't think I would have the guts to walk out on an important meeting like that."

"Yeah. But that's Jen for ya," I smiled and looked at Trace, "So what do you think? Will they take Sara from us after that?"

"What? No. Of course not. Jen was just being... she was just being Jen. You did explain to them why she got upset right?" Trace asked.

"Yeah sort of. I made up an excuse for her. I told them she'd just been working late and wasn't feeling too good," I sighed and put my head in my hands.

"And they brought it?" Trace wanted to know. I nodded and looked back to the stairs.

"I hope so," I said, "I really do."


After Trace left I headed upstairs to bed, passing a very depressed looking Shelia on the way.

"Hey," I smiled at her and she gave me a brief smile back. "Everything ok?"

"I think so," she nodded and placed a hand on my arm, "She needs you Justin."

"I know," I replied with a nod. "Thanks Shelia."

"For what?" she asked, clearly confused.

"For being there. For Jen," I answered and she smiled.

"Well it's my pleasure," she told me and gave me a brief hug. "I'll see you tomorrow ok? Take care of her."

"I will don't worry," I responded hugging her back before pulling away. "Good night."

"Good night," she answered and continued down the stairs. I waited till she had rounded the bottom of the stairs and heard the front door close before continuing towards the room.

"Jen?" I called as I entered the room, but was met with silence. I sighed and rolled my eyes, how typical. "Jen!"

"I'm in the bathroom!" she called and I gave a sigh of relief, no wonder she couldn't hear me.

"Ok!" I called back and turned on the T.V to watch some golf before peeling off my clothes and climbing into the bed. I tried to focus on the game but my mind kept going back to what had happened earlier and if Jen was okay, and silently I cursed myself for not rushing after her like a good husband should. After a few moments of just getting bored, the bathroom door opened and Jen stepped out, in nothing but a robe. I restrained myself from not hyperventilating before I spoke. "Jen?" She ignored me and made a bee-line straight for the closet. I figured she must have still been upset, and gave a low groan. She STILL ignored me and opened the closet door before stepping inside. "Jen!"

But it was too late. She'd already shut the door and I rolled my eyes, before realizing that she hadn't shut it completely. I watched her reflection in the mirror, and watched her peel of the robe, exposing herself to me.

I bit my lip, forcing myself not to get turned on by what I saw and forced my eyes away. But it wasn't long before they found themselves back on her and off the TV. This wasn't good. Not at all. I was just asking for trouble. I wondered if I could plead no contest and tell her my eyes defied the laws of gravity. Then I would definitely sound like the moron she claimed I was.

I sighed, and tried to close my eyes, leaning my head back only to snap it back up and watch her finish lotioning off. Damn she looked good. Okay, I had to stop myself. I had to remember that she was still mad at me and that this type of behavior was not going to get me any brownie points. Just then she turned around, and I quickly snapped my eyes back to the TV. I saw her frown out of the corner of my eye before she pulled out an over sized t-shirt and slipped it on.

Now was the perfect moment, I told myself. I closed my eyes and pretended to be asleep while I heard the closet door opening and Jen sighing heavily.

"Typical," she muttered and I secretly smiled as she turned off the TV and climbed into bed beside me. I waited for a while, as she kept her distance, staying as far away from me as possible. But then I think something got the better of her and she inched closer to me, until I could feel her against my back.

"Jen?" I whispered, but there was no response and I opened one eye in the darkness. Grinning like a jack-ass as her arm made it's way over my waist. "Good night."


The next night, Jen was sitting in the middle of the bed holding Sara waiting for me to come out of the bathroom. She had been acting strange all day and I didn't know what was going on with her, the whole day since I got home she had clung to me for dear life, and it kind-of amused me. I came out in a pair of blue pajama pants.

"Hey," I said.

"Hey...come sit here," she said patting the spot in front of her. I followed suit and sat in front of her.

"What's up?" I asked her. Jen reached over and grabbed my hands, lacing our fingers together.

"I just want to apologize for everything. I was acting really childish," she said and I smiled at her.

"It's ok.." I began but she cut me off.

"And I really need you Justin. I didn't realize it three months ago but I do...and I think we make a good team," she breathed interrupting me and looking into my eyes.

"I apologize as well, for everything," I told her and leaned in and kissed her lips.

"Justin we need to talk about our relationship..." she began stopping me, "I would really like to take things slow as friends. Honest friends no secrets this time around."

I looked at her as if she had gone crazy, and here I was hoping things would go back to the way they were but Jen had other plans.

"OK whatever makes you happy," I lied and she smiled at me.

"No Justin we both need to be happy...and agree with each other if you don't feel the sam-" she began but I cut her off, I didn't need to hear this.

"Seeing you happy makes me happy," I said and looked at Sara, "Let me put the munchkin to bed ok?"

"Ok," Jen nodded and handed Sara to me.


When I came back Jen was already in the bed, so I climbed in and slid my arms around her waist.

"Hey," I whispered in her ear. "How was your day?"

"It was ok," she answered, a bit hesitant. "How was yours? Tim and Marty seem nice."

"They are," I answered and placed a kiss on her shoulder. "You sure your day was good?"

"Yeah," she nodded and turned to face me, "It's just that..."

"Just what?" I asked concerned as she looked away from me. "Jen?"

"It's nothing. Just some weirdo kept on calling the house," she replied and I felt my stomach tighten.

"Really?" I squeaked and moved closer to her. "What did they say?"

"That's just it. They said nothing," Jen replied a bit frustrated and I licked my lips.

"Was there anything else?" I asked her and she shook her head.

"No except..."

"Except what?" I interrupted her.

"Except there was a girl at the grocery store earlier..." she began and I panicked. Oh shit. Hannah was actually taking her words literally. "And she actually freaked me out."

"Yeah well..."

"Do you have anyone who would want to hurt us?" Jen asked me and I quickly shook my head.

"No," I replied and kissed her quickly, "Who would want to hurt us?"

But I knew who exactly would want to hurt us, especially who would want to hurt Jen. I just hope it wasn't true.
Chapter 4- Jen by angel_from_africa
CHAPTER FOUR.
Jen.


"That's a wrap!" Chris yelled letting everyone know that the shoot was over.

"Thank you so much," I said hugging Chris my director for the video.

The whole week had been so hectic as I had photo shoots for magazines and the album, as well as the shoot for my first video to attend. Shelia came up next to me with my bags handing me my sidekick and Mike lead us out of the studio to the SUV waiting for us. The ride back home was quiet I had like 10 messages from Justin and I really didn't want to hear them so I ignored them. As soon as I walked in the door I realized my mistake as I was bombarded by Justin.

"Why haven't you returned my calls?"

"I was busy," I said walking through the kitchen. "Where's Sara?"

"She's sleeping," he answered running around me like a crazy man, "Listen we have a problem. Social services will be here in an hour."

"What!?"

"Yeah so we need to hurry up and get everything together." he said walking away.

We spent the whole hour yelling, arguing and bumping into each other trying to get everything together. Once social services showed up Justin was acting really strange.


"Stop acting so suspicious," I hissed and nudged Justin in the sides. He just grinned back and pulled me closer to him.

"So..." the Social worker looked between the two of us. "How are things going with you? Settling in okay with the baby?"

"Sure..." I began but Justin cut me off, as usual.

"Things are great. Couldn't be better. I mean having Sara around is just great. Exactly what the doctor ordered." I rolled my eyes, he was babbling and it wasn't flattering.

"Uh, wonderful," the social worker nodded and looked down at her notes. "So let's move on shall we? We'd like to know a bit more, about Sara's parents. Is that okay with you?"

"What does it have to do with anything?" I asked before Justin could jump in again and make us look bad. The social worker smiled at me and continued.

"Well, it's just for our records. Nothing too bad. Promise," she replied and I nodded. "Okay?"

"Ok," I answered and looked at Justin who nodded back and without warning leaned in and gave me a peck on the lips.

"Sure. Fire away," he beamed and pinched my sides. I winced and discreetly slapped his hand away.

"Alright then," the social worker began and looked back at her notes. "What can you tell me about Sara's birth father? Was he a good guy? Not into drugs and such?" Justin looked at me and I knew that was my cue. I cleared my throat and felt Justin's hand creep up my side.

"Well he wasn't amazing," I began and then realized what I'd just said could be taken out of context if any of this got out to the public. "I mean he wasn't into drugs or anything bad, he was just not ready to be a father and we all knew it. I think Crystal did too."

"Crystal..... Ah yes. Sara's mother," the social worker nodded. "She knew he didn't want to be a father? So why did she keep the baby you think?"

"Uh..." I faltered and looked down at my hands. Justin caught on and stepped in.

"Why would she not? Sara is a perfect little angel and deserves to be here. More than you and I," Justin said and I felt his lips brush against my ear. "You okay babe?"

"Yeah," I managed to whisper back and looked up at him. The social worker didn't miss a beat.

"Well I'm glad you think about Sara like that," she smiled and looked back at her notes. "So tell me about Crystal. How was she as a person?"

"She was the best," I whispered and could feel myself bubbling up at the thought of my friend. "No one could compare to her."

"Really?" the woman looked at her notes and gave a low 'hmm', causing both Justin and I to snap our heads up and look at her.

"What does that mean?" I didn't mean to be so harsh and couldn't stop the words as they past my lips.

"Baby..." Justin hissed under his breath and pinched my side causing me to jump.

"Nothing," she smiled at the tow of us. "Was she into drugs and such before she got pregnant?"

"What?" I asked and tried to stand up but Justin grabbed hold of me before I could. "No! Of course not!"

"Okay," the social worker said and looked a bit scared. "No need to get upset Mrs. Timberlake I was just asking what I had to."

"Had to?" I asked and tried again to stand up, this time Justin grabbed my hand and I yanked it away, glaring at him angrily. "Justin don't you..."

"Jen!" He warned and looked between me and the social worker. "Try and relax okay baby?"

"Baby? Don't you baby me!" I snapped and smacked his hand away from my side and stood up angrily.

"Mrs Timberlake please..."

"No! This is not right!" I interrupted her, ignoring Justin's crest-fallen face as I ranted on and on without a care. "How can you question me? Do you think I'm lying to you?"

"Mrs Timberlake..." she tried again but I refused to let her finish.

"Forget it," I snapped and turned to Justin. "I'm going to bed." And without waiting for his reply I walked over to Sara's playpen and picked her up, before stalking out of the room angrily.


The morning after, I woke up after hearing Sara babbling on the bed. I looked around for Justin but he was no where to be found so I just shrugged and got up. As I was dressing Sara, Sheila walked in and tapped my shoulder.

"Hey Jen," she said.

"Hey Sheila. How'd you get in?" I asked her turning around.

"Justin let me in before he went out," Shelia grinned and tickled Sara's foot. "He told me to let you know that he and Trace went golfing with some friends and would be back later."

"Oh ok," I nodded and picked Sara up. "So what's our plan for today?"

"Well you have a phone interview with a magazine in about an hour," Sheila informed me, "Apart from that nothing."

"Good because I need to go pick up a few things from the grocery store. You up for that?"

"Sure," Shelia nodded and took out her phone. "We can go after the interview. Let me just call Mike and let him know. Why don't you go down and grab something to eat before then?"

"Ok," I nodded and watched her for a moment as she called Mike. "I'll see you downstairs."

"Ok," she smiled and waved me off as I left the room with Sara on my hip.


After the interview Shelia called me and I strapped Sara into her car seat and went with her and Sheila to the grocery store.

"What are you doing? Mike asked me from the front seat as he saw me flip open my phone.

"Calling Justin," I replied absent mindly, scrolling through my phone book with one hand and playing with Sara with the other.

"Why?" Mike asked, he was still a bit weary of Justin.

"To ask him what time he'll be home," I replied and looked up at him. "But he's not picking up."

I snapped the phone shut as we pulled up outside the grocery store and looked around, it seemed to be very quiet and I looked at both Shelia and Mike.

"I think it's safe," Shelia smiled, reading my mind and opening the door as Mike pulled the car to a stop. "I'll get a buggy."

"Ok," I nodded and got out of the car before turning around and unstrapping Sara.

"Here we go," Shelia's voice came from behind me, causing me to turn around and smile as I saw her and Mike standing by a green buggy. "Get her in and let's go."


We spent an hour or so at the grocery store, and for once we didn't have to cover Sara due to the fact that there were no paps around to sneak a picture.

"I'll start pilling these things up. Is this it Jen? You need anything else?" Shelia asked as she placed a loaf of bread on the counter to be rung in.

"No," I shook my head and picked Sara out of the buggy. ".Let's get this done then go home. I think Sar- Sar needs a nap."

"Ok," Shelia nodded and as if on cue, Sara started getting fussy. I bounced her on my hip and tried to move around so she could calm down, as I turned around I managed to notice a woman wearing a black hoody and jeans with dark aviator sunglasses and felt chill go through me. At first I thought it was just because the room was cold, and turned around quickly to see if a door had been left open but it seemed I was wrong. All the doors to the store were tightly closed, only opening when someone entered and exited.

"Jen? You okay?" Mike's voice came through my thoughts causing me to look at him.

"What? Yeah," I lied and looked back over my shoulder where the woman was still standing, staring at Sara and I. I protectively covered Sara with her blanket and moved closer to Mike. "Let's just speed this up so we can go."

"Uh, ok," Mike nodded, not believing me, looking in the direction I had been looking. "Stay close."

"Oh I will," I muttered and grabbed hold of Sara tighter.

"Shelia," Mike cut in, "Can you finish up here? I'm gonna escort Jen and Sara back to the car."

"Wh- oh," Shelia answered, noticing my sudden change in attitude towards our situation. "Sure go on. I'll be there in a bit."

"Ok. Come on Jen let's go," Mike nodded and placed a hand on the small of my back, leading me out the store.


The minute we got home, Mike was acting strange and escorted me and Sara directly inside before disappearing with Shelia for a chat, leaving me feeling a bit put out. I was still a bit shaken up at what I had seen at the store, so after putting Sara down for her nap and putting away the groceries I decided to call Justin.

"Hello?" he asked, sounding a bit flustered with a lot of noise in the background.

"Justin?" I asked, "Where are you?"

"Jen? Hold on. Trace shut up!" Justin yelled in my ear and I had to pull it away so I wouldn't go deaf. "Jen?"

"Hey," I whispered back and settled down into the couch. "Where are you? It sounds like fun."

"At Trace's place with him and some of the guys," he replied with a laugh. "How was your day?"

"It was..." I paused wondering if I should tell him about the grocery store incident but thought against it. "It was good. Had one interview this morning and that was it."

"Yeah? How did that go?" Justin asked me.

"Good," I smiled thankful that for once he was being nice.

"Great. And how's the munchkin?" Justin asked, his voice softening as he mentioned Sara.

"She's good. Taking her nap," I replied with a smile. "When you coming home?"

"Around five?" he answered and I could picture him looking at his watch.

"Ok," I answered then had an idea. I didn't want it to be just Justin and I tonight, especailly if I was feeling weird about the day's events. "Hey, why don't you bring the guys over? I can cook something nice for them."

"You sure?" Justin asked, caught off guard by my gesture.

"Yes. Besides it'll be nice to meet more of your friends other than Trace," I laughed and he laughed with me.

"Ok," he answered, "I'll let them know. See you at five."

"See you at five," I answered back. "Justin?"

"Yeah Jen?" he asked just as he was about to hang up.

"I just wanted to.." I began but stopped myself.

"Wanted to what?" he interrupted and I shook my head.

"Nothing. Just get here safely ok?" I asked. "Don't drink and drive."

"I won't. You worry too much," he told me with a chuckle. "See ya soon ok? Love ya."

"Yeah," I answered quietly. "Love you too." But I didn't know if I meant it or not.

As soon as I hung up with Justin I let out a sigh of relief and got up to check on Sara before cooking dinner, and as soon as I did so the phone rang again. I shook my head and picked it up, thinking it was Justin.

"Justin?" I asked, not even looking at the caller ID. There was a long silence. "Hello? Justin? Is that you?" The phone remained silent and I shook my head, before hanging up figuring it was just a bad connection.


It was not long before I was standing in the kitchen, looming over a recipe for pasta sauce when the phone rang again. I put down the spoon that was in my hand and reached over to grab the phone.

"Hello?" I asked absent-mindely, wiping my hands on a cloth as I held the phone between my ear and shoulder. "Hello? Justin?" There was no answer and I rolled my eyes, just what I needed. "Whatever."

I hung the phone up and placed it on the side before going back to my reciepe. I didn't even get a chance to read one word before the phone rang again. I sighed angrily and picked up the phone.

"What?" I snapped and waited for an answer, which never came. I rolled my eyes. "Yeah I figured." And angrily put the phone down before going back to my cooking, trying to ignore the phone calls and focus on making a nice dinner for Justin.

It wasn't long before the food was prepared and was allowed to be left to cook, so I picked Sara from her baby chair and went into the living room, where Shelia was talking into her cell.

"Hey," I told her as I sat on the couch and placed Sara on my lap, bouncing her up and down softly.

"Hey, you done with dinner yet?" Shelia asked rubbing Sara's back.

"Yeah," I sighed and kissed Sara's forehead. "Eventually."

"What do you mean eventually?" Shelia asked immediately picking up on my tone of voice.

"Well..." I began, but before I could answer the phone rang again and I jumped. "Great."

"Jen? You ok?" Shelia asked, ignoring the ringing phone in the background.

"Yeah I just... could you answer that?" I asked and she nodded, getting up and grabbing the phone from the kitchen.

"Hello? Hello?" I could hear Shelia asking and I shook my head.

"See Sar-Sar? Mommy's not going crazy is she?" I asked Sara, who just looked at me blankly. I sighed. "I guess not."

"Hello?" I heard Shelia ask before she muttered some choice words down the phone and hanging up, walking back into the room. "Weird."

"Yeah, it's been going on all day," I told her and tickled Sara's tummy, "Ever since we came back from the grocery store."

"Really? Jen, why didn't you say anything?" Shelia asked, immediately on guard and sitting down next to me.

"I didn't think much of it," I shrugged and stood up to go check on the food, putting Sara on my hip.

"Didn't think much of it? Jen!" Shelia almost screeched and stood up too, as the phone in her hand rang again.

"Give that here," I snapped and grabbed the phone from her, this was getting too much. "What the hell do you want?"

"Is that the way to greet your manager?" Marcus' voice boomed in my ear, and I almost melted in my shoes.

"Marcus," I let out a sigh of relief and stole a look at Shelia who was rolling her eyes at me. "Sorry about that."

"That's ok," he laughed and I let myself relax a bit."I was just calling to let you know we have a promo of the CD cover if you want to see it?"

"Uh, yeah sure," I nodded and mouthed to Shelia what he just told me. "When can you come over?"

"Will tomorrow morning work for you? Around eight?" Marcus asked and I nodded.

"Yeah ok. Just tell Shelia so she can pen it in," I answered and looked at Shelia. "Here she is. I need to go finish dinner."

"Oh ok," Marcus answered, "And Jen?"

"Yeah?"

"Be careful ok? Don't stay in the house alone," Marcus warned, giving me chills up my spine.

"I won't," I promised and thrust the phone to Shelia before running into the kitchen to check on the pasta.


A little while later, after I placed Sara in her chair and was plating up the pasta Shelia came in and stood by the fridge with a hand on her hip.

"So do you want to tell me happened? Marcus got worried," Shelia said and I shrugged, reaching over to the stove to pick up the pasta sauce and put it in a small bowl. "Jen..."

"It was nothing Shelia," I sighed and placed the sauce in the small bowl I had gotten out.

"Really?" she asked, moving forward with a frown on her face, "Because I can swear..." As if on cue the door bell rang, causing me to jump and glance at Shelia. "Fine, I'll get it. But we're not finished with this convo ok?"

I nodded meakly and watched her go answer the door. I didn't even notice that my breath was held until I heard Trace's loud laugh as he rounded the corner to enter the room.

"Hey Jen," he laughed and I finally let out a breath of relief. "So what did you cook us?"

"Trace!" Justin called, walking in after him, and before I knew it I had flocked right to him and grabbed him tightly, catching him a bit off-guard. "Baby whats wrong?"

"Why didn't you come through the side door?" I asked still holding on to him.

"Retard Trace ran to ring the door bell...baby you're shaking?" he asked, rubbing my arms and shoulders.

"Really?" I laughed nervously and shook my head. "I'm ok. We'll talk later." Justin nodded and introduced me to his other friends.

"Well this is Marty," he gestured to a thin looking guy, "And Tim."

"Tim? As in Timberland the producer?" I asked, looking at the man standing behind Trace. Justin laughed and shook his head.

"Yeah," he laughed and rubbed my back. "The one and only."

"Well it's nice meeting you," I said, all of a sudden letting myself get more relaxed. "Well food is on the kitchen counter so just help yourselves."

"Thank you baby," Justin grinned and leaned forward to kiss me, but before he could the door bell rang again, causing me to jump and pull Justin closer to me.

"Jen?" Justin asked, and I looked up at him. "You ok?"

"Uh..." I began and Shelia saved me.

"I'll just go get that," she said and disappeared again to answer the door.

"Jen, what's with you?" Justin asked and Trace laughed.

"Yeah Jen what's up?" Trace asked me.

"What? N-nothing," I muttered and looked towards the door, holding my breath only to let it out again when Shelia came back followed by Marcus. "Marcus?"

"Hey Jen," Marcus smiled and looked around the room. "Justin. Trace."

"Marcus," Justin nodded and looked around the room, "Tim, Marty this is Jen's manager Marcus."

"Hey," both Marcus and Tim answered, mouths filled with food as they seemed to have dug in already.

"Hey," Marcus nodded and walked over to me.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him, dumbfounded and not even noticing Justin let go of me.

"Well I decided I couldn't wait any longer to show you the CD cover. You wanna see it?" he asked with a smile and I nodded eagerly as we walked over to the counter to get some food.

"Of course. Would you like something to eat?" I asked him, picking up a plate and handing it to him.

"Thanks," he replied and watched for a moment as I plated up some food for Justin. I let Marcus plate up some food for himself before walking over to where everyone had seated themselves and placed the food in front of Justin before turning my attention back to Marcus.

"So where is it?" I asked eagerly and he laughed, putting his plate down and taking something out of his jacket pocket and handing it to me.

"Here," he said and handed me my shiny new CD cover, causing me to catch my breath as everything from that day just faded away as I had worked too hard to see this and nothing was going to ruin the moment.

"Baby look at my cd cover," I said, immediately turning to Justin and holding it up to his face. Justin snapped out of his talk with Marty and turned to face me, taking the cover from my hands and looking at it with a smile.

"Wow," he said and looked up at me, grabbed my hand, pulling me to move closer to him. "You look amazing baby."

"Thanks," I grinned like an idiot and didn't even notice Trace grabbing the cover from Justin's hands. "You really think so?"

"No. I know so," he smiled and placed a peck on my lips. "I'm so proud of ya."

"Well before everyone gets too excited," Marcus cut-in, "I have just one more surprise for you."

"You do?" I asked, dumbfounded by the turn of events that evening.

"Yeah. But I'll show it to you after we eat ok?" he smiled and I groaned but agreed.


"Jen! J! Come on!" Trace called as Justin and I picked Sara up and walked to the living room to see what else Marcus had in store for us.

"Man Trace," Justin muttered under his breath as we entered the living room, causing me to chuckle. This night was just getting better and better.

"Come on guys!" Trace said popping something into the DVD player and sitting on the couch. Justin smirked and lead me to the couch, as Trace made room for us to sit down. "Ok are we ready yet?"

"Yeah we're ready," I smiled and snuggled into Justin as we settled down. It was nice feeling safe in my own home, especially after the long day I'd had. I readjusted Sara on my lap as Trace pressed play on the DVD player and causing us all to gasp.

Marcus had somehow managed to get an un-cut copy of my new music video, and I had to admit I LOVED it. I didn't realize how much I was grinning like a jack-ass until I felt Justin's breath on my ear.

"I'm so proud of you," he whispered in my ear and kissed my cheek, I blushed.
Chapter 5- Jen by angel_from_africa
Author's Notes:
New chapter yay!!
CHAPTER FIVE.
JEN.

"Sheila you ready girl?" I asked getting my purse.

"Yeah...you want to drive?" She asked smiling holding up her car keys.

"For real?" She nodded her head and smiled. I stood there for a second and quickly grabbed the keys before she changed her mind. "Come on lets go" I laughed and jogged to the door. We both jumped into her new black 2009 Mercedes Benz and I started the car, before reaching into my purse for the remote to let the garage door down. Sheila punched the button to let the top down, while I played with the radio landing on Hot 92.3, Keshia Cole's 'Sent from Heaven' was playing.

"I don't know where I'm going," I said laughing and pulling out of the drive way.

"What is looping any way?" Sheila asked, playing with the GPS. I was on my way to a sound studio to do some looping for 'The Secret Lives of Bees.'

"Its where you go in and the parts that you're really soft on you do it over," I explained to her.

"Oh...so where's the family?"

"He had to do a commercial for William Rast and check some thing out for the line getting it ready for fashion week, he leaves tomorrow for Paris France. Miss Sara is with her grandmother probably getting into everything tearing her house up," I laughed as we pulled up to a red light.

"Here's a new hot one from Jennifer Hudson called Spotlight let me know what you think," the DJ said, and I squealed in delight as I turned the radio up. I could not believe that my song was on the radio!

"Ahhh...this is me!" I said as I began to sing along.

"Is this your first time hearing it on the radio?" Sheila asked in disbelief and I nodded.

"Yeah I've been so busy," I replied and turned the corner as a black SUV came into view. I made a left turn listening to the GPS and pulled up in the parking lot and into a parking space. Two guys, one with a video camera and a regular one, came running up to the car. "I am so glad I put make up on."

"Hi Jennifer how are you doing today?" one of the guys asked.

"Fine thank you," I replied and opened the car door to step out as they stepped back. Sheila grabbed my purse and handed it to me.

"How's Sara doing?" the same guy asked and I just smiled. Justin and I had agreed not to answer questions about Sara, as we were going to try to keep her out of the public eye the best way we could. Sheila followed close behind and walked with me to the back entrance as the paparazzi followed us.

"What about Justin...do you guys plan on having another baby?" These guys didn't stop. I laughed looking at Sheila and she just shook her head. Someone came out to open the door for us.

"Bye guys," I called over my shoulder.

"This way ladies," The guy, who opened the door. said. Sheila and I walked down this long hall way behind him.

"That guy were relentless with the questions," Sheila commented and I agreed.

"I know. I don't know why they ask questions as if there going to get an answer," I said chuckling. "Excuse me what is your name?"

"Matt," the guy answered.

"Hi Matt are you single?" I asked looking at Sheila.

"Yes I am are you interested?"

"No, but my friend here is," I said nudging Sheila, she needed a man.

"Jenn!" Sheila nudged me back. We turned the corner and Matt opened the door as we walked into this huge room with a big screen with a chair in front of it with a stand and headphones hanging off of it.

"Hello everyone," I said greeting and smiling at everyone.

"Hey Jennifer ready to get started?" Lauren, who was the producer was sitting in the corner asked.

"Definitely," I told her and she explained which scenes I would do. I sat in the chair and put on my headphones watching the scene before me. I could not believe I was on my fourth film, this was truly a blessing and I couldn't be happier. Twenty minutes in there was a knock on the door and Matt came in followed by my two babies.

"Hey!" I smiled, my day got so much better when they showed up.

"Hey," Justin said and came in with Sara on his hip. Sara was so busy looking around that she didn't notice me. Justin leaned in for a kiss and I pecked him on the lips. Sara turned to me and waved her arms squealing, everyone in the room laughed.

"I missed my baby," I said kissing her cheek and taking her from Justin.

"Hello everyone," Justin smiled and waved going around introducing himself.

"Justin this Lauren, the producer for the movie," I continued introducing the other people in the room to him. Justin's attention turned to the film on screen, I was so nervous for him to see me I felt that he was my worst critic. I think his opinion mattered most to me. A scene flashed across the screen and it was the one with me fighting three other guys. "Please don't show him his one it's very graphic." I looked at Sara trying to play with the headphones.

"No, it's too late now," Justin said, standing next to me and folding his arms. The others laughed. Once the scene was over I looked at him.

"I warned you," I told him and he just nodded his head. I could tell that he didn't like when those guys were beating me up. We showed him a couple more clips before we left.

"Thank you all so much," I said getting off of the chair and went around giving hugs and saying good bye. I grabbed Justin's hand and followed him, Sheila close behind us.

When the back door opened all I could see was flashing. Earlier it was just two paparazzi now it had to be about ten.

"Justin, Jennifer!" They all yelled. Justin and Sheila boxed me and Sara in as I held my head down from of the lights. All the yelling was making Sara a little uncomfortable and I took my purse to hide her face. Next thing I heard was Justin's booming voice and a loud smack.

"GET THAT CAMERA OUT OF HER FACE!"

I looked up to see a paparazzo looking scared at what Justin was going to do next. They all made a path to Justin's Hummer. Justin opened the door for me and took Sara from me.

"Cover her face," I told him and got in the car. Justin opened the back passenger door and buckled Sara into her car seat, she started to get upset from all the noise around the car. "What about Sheila?" As soon as the words left my mouth Matt came up.

"I can walk you to your car," Matt offered and Sheila nodded.

"Yeah, y'all go ahead I'll be fine."

"You sure?" Justin asked.

"Yeah."

"Text me!" I yelled before Justin shut the door. I watched Sheila walk with Matt through the side mirror. "I know sweetie it will be ok." I turned around comforting Sara. Justin got in the car and turned it on.

"Is she ok?" He asked looking at her through the review mirror.

"She's fine. Are you ok?" I asked rubbing the back of his head and neck. The paparazzi moved to the front of the car and Justin pulled down both of our visors. He backed the car out and drove onto the main road. The car ride was quiet and when we made it home Justin still wasn't talking. "Are you all packed?"

"Yeah I'm going to put her to bed," he said and I watched him walk up the stairs. I went around the house straightening it up and turning off all the lights. I walked into our bedroom to see Justin sitting on the end of the bed with his head in his hands. I went over to him and ran my fingers through his hair. "She doesn't deserve this." I kept silent. "Its my job to protect her-"

"You do, Justin honey what are you talking about?" I finally asked, confused to what he was going on about.

"I don't know." I felt a need to do something for him help him feel better.

"Come on." I lead him to the bathroom, turned the water on striped him out of his clothes, then I stripped down too.

"Jen what are you doing?"

"Spending some time with my husband before he leaves me," I told him and lead him into the shower with me.


Sara's laughing and squealing could be heard through the house as I walked down the stairs. I walked into the living room to see Justin holding Sara in the air and lowering her back down.

"Daddy is going to miss you baby girl," he said smooching her cheek.

"What about me?" I asked walking up to him.

"I'm gonna miss you too," he said pecking me on the lips. The door bell rang. "I'll get it." Justin walked to the door Sara attached to him.

"Hey man you ready?" Tiny asked coming through the door.

"Yeah," he said sadly staring at Sara. I watched Tiny pick up his bags and looked at Sara who was playing with Justin's necklace. "I'm going to call you every day ok?"

I hated when he or I had to leave especially right now where Sara always wanted to be around both of us.

Justin gave her one last kiss and passed her to me and then I followed him and Tiny to the door. Sara and I stood on the porch watching Justin head to the car. Sara started to get upset, she may have been only seven months old but when she saw that black SUV she knew one of us were going to be gone longer than she would have liked.

"Say bye bye Sar-Sar," I said waving.

"I'll call you soon as I land," he yelled before getting into the car.

I nodded and watched the car till it disappeared behind the gate.

"It's just me and you sweet pea," I told Sara as she calmed down a little. "I know mommy is gonna miss daddy too."


8:00 Later that night.


"What did you and momma do today?" I asked Julia as I walked into the bedroom after putting Sara to bed.

"Nothing really just chilled at home what about you?" Julia answered, she had called me to see how Sara and I were doing.

"Sad Justin left this afternoon Sara had a hard time," I told her.

"Awww poor baby. I know she's going to miss her daddy," she said and I agreed before finishing my convo with Julia and turning the lights out. I headed to bed pulling the sheets back. As soon as I started to fall asleep the phone rang.

"Hello?" Silence. "Hello?" Silence. My stomach started to tighten. I hung up and stared at the phone.


11:00pm


The phone rang through out the room.

"Hello?"

"Hey baby you sleep?"

"No I'm up now," I said pulling myself up leaning against the head board. "How was your flight?"

"It was good, a lot of press as usual," Justin answered.

"Mmm-hmm," I answered.

"What's wrong Jenn?" he asked, knowing something was up.

"Nothing," I lied.

"Jennifer Kate Hudson-Timberlake," he warned and I laughed when he said my full name.

"I got another weird phone call," I decided to say.

"Call Mike and get him over to the house so he can stay with you," he answered immediately getting panicked.

"No that's not necessary," I told him.

"Jennifer you don't know who that could be it could be a pervert or something," he said angrily.

"Its not just... it's probably a fan trying-"

"My number isn't listed...Please listen to me and call him," her pleaded, I could tell he was getting frustrated.

"Ok I will."


12:30pm


My eyes popped open when I heard the security system beep and foot steps coming up the stairs.

"Jenn?" Mike asked knocking on the door then opening it.

"Hey."

"I'll be downstairs if you need me."

"Ok"


June 24, 2007


"Sara watcha ya doing?" I was sitting at my vanity getting ready for the BET awards.

"Have you gotten any of those wired phone calls?" Sheila asked.

"Yeah last night, but I just think its not that serious ya know," I told her brushing it off.

"I guess you're right," Sheila answered, looking a bit worried.


9:22pm


I decided not to stay for all the parties after the show and just come home. At the moment I was doing laundry and talking to Justin.

"How was the promotion for the cologne?" I asked him.

"It went great...how's everything there?" He wanted to know.

"Good. Sara's enjoying her cheerios and trying to crawl. She's also missing you like crazy."

"Do you miss me?"

"You know I do," I said with a smirk.

"What are you wearing?"

"A robe."

"What's under the robe?"

"Bra and panties," I said closing the dryer door.

"What color?"

"Justin why are you asking me these questions?" I asked, walking around the house and checking all the windows and doors.

"Because I miss you and I can't wait to see you so I can tap that ass." I let out a loud laugh as I walked up the stairs.


1:37 a.m.


My eyes popped open when I heard the dogs barking. I looked at the clock. 1:39am.

"What is going on...why are they barking?" I said to myself and climbed out of bed. I walked down the stairs to see Buckley and Brennan barking at the patio glass door. "Brennan hush your going to wake up Sara." I walked over to her and I looked out the window and saw nothing. "What are you to barking at huh?"

I looked one last time and walked into the kitchen to get some water. I opened the fridge to get the pitcher and when I closed the door I saw a black figure out of the corner of my eye causing me to drop the pitcher, before I could react he grabbed me from behind and gripped my waist and put his hand on my mouth.

"You don't deserve him." I realized that the voice was a female. "Where is he?" She removed her hand from my mouth.

"I don't know what you're talking about." I averted my eyes to the pan sitting on the stove.

"WHERE IS HE!!"

"If its money you want there's some upstairs in the bedroom dresser top drawer," I explained, trying to stay calm.

She loosened her grip around my waist.

"I DON'T WANT MONEY YOU STUPID BITCH I WANT YOUR HUSBAND NOW WHERE IS HE?" She yelled.

"Please don't hurt me," I said, I was so scared I don't know how I stayed so calm. She let go of me and I turned around to face her, she had a ski mask on so I couldn't tell who she was. She pulled out a gun from behind her.

"I swear on my mothers grave I will shoot you if you don't tell me where he is."

"I wish I could but he and I are going through hard times right now," I lied walking backwards toward the stove.

"Don't move," she said pointing the gun at me. I decided to try and have a conversation with her maybe to distract her.

"Have you ever been in a relationship...I'm sorry I don't know your name."

"Don't worry about me," she hissed and I could hear Sara crying up stairs.

"Can I check on my daughter please?" I asked grabbing the pan keeping it behind me so she couldn't see it.

"God...I don't understand why he married you?" She said putting the gun down by her side

"Me either."

"I mean you're fat and...black," she said standing in front of me.

"I guess its because I have a strong BACK HAND!" I yelled hitting her with the pan. I grabbed the phone and ran up stairs to Sara's room. Sara was screaming laying down in her crib. "Sweety mommy's scared too."

I picked her up and holding her to my chest, I sat in a corner between her closet and changing table before I dialed Mike's number then 911.
Chapter 6- Justin by angel_from_africa
CHAPTER SIX.
JUSTIN.


"Hello?"

"Justin?"

"Mike?" I sat up slowly in bed and felt my stomach fall to the pit of my stomach before I checked the clock. It was two am Paris time. I had flown to Paris a few days ago to promote the fragrance by Givenchy and had left Sara and Jen at home in the trusted hands of Mike. It wasn't until yesterday when Jen had called me that my stomach had began to feel uneasy. "What is it?" I instinctively knew something was up. "Are Jen and Sara..."

"They're okay thankfully," Mike replied and paused as I interrupted him.

"Thankfully? What happened?" I asked him, already feeling my panic mode coming on.

"Well there was a break-in at the house..." Mike began and I held my breath.

"A break-in? When? And where is Jen?" I asked him, hearing my own voice rising.

"An hour or so ago. She and Sara are at Shelia's until we can sort it all out. But I thought you should know," Mike informed me, he was way too calm.

"Ok. I'll be on the first flight out," I told him, getting out of bed and pulling off my jeans.

"Wait Justin you don't need to..." Mike began but I had already cut him off as I hung up the phone and began to frantically pack my things. I needed to get home FAST.


"You can't just pack up and go!" Rachel said a few minutes later as I updated her on the situation. "What about..."

"I don't care about that!" I snapped, grabbing my jeans from her hands. "Jen needs me. Sara needs me. I need to be with them. What if the guy comes back?"

"Firstly, you don't even know if it's a guy. And secondly I doubt they'll try again. Besides she's safe, they're with Shelia," Rachel said to me.

"But that's my point!" I yelled in aspiration, flinging the suitcase shut and glaring at her. "I need to make her feel safe. Not Shelia ok? I'm her husband it's my job. And being here... well I'm not doing a very good job of that."

"So what do you want to do? Just stop working every time something happens? Justin you can't always do that ok?" she replied and stopped as soon as she saw my eyes bulging out of their sockets.

"You just don't get it!" I snapped and zipped up the suitcase before pulling it off the bed. "I don't need it okay? I WANT to be there for her. So are you coming or not?"

She looked at me for a moment before sighing, "Yeah ok. Let me just get my stuff."


"What do you mean DELAYED?" I asked the ticket lady and glared menacingly at her.

"Well I'm sorry sir. But it seems as if the captain wasn't aware..." she began but I cut her off.

"I don't care. Make him aware. Make sure he knows when and where we need to go. Got that?" I snarled and felt a hand on my shoulder as the woman just nodded, scared shitless.

"Justin," Rachel whispered in my ear and smiled apologetically at the woman. "Sorry about him. He's just over worked."

"I can tell," the woman grumbled and looked at her computer, avoiding eye contact. I just rolled my eyes.

"How rude," I told Rachel as she pulled me away and made me sit next to Tiny before kneeling down in front of me as if I was a child.

"Now listen here," she told me and looked me straight in the eye. "You've got to calm down okay? You're acting like a mad man."

"But..." I began but she shook her head at me. When did she get so bossy?

"No buts," she said and turned to Tiny. "Keep an eye on him. I'm gonna go find out what's happening. We'll probably be able to leave in the next hour or so."

"OK," Tiny nodded and watched Rachel walk away. "Man you got creamed."

"What?" I asked him, now turning my attention on him.

" said..." Tiny began with a laugh but I cut him off.

"I know what you said ok? And I did not get creamed," I snapped and leaned back in the chair with my hands across my chest. "I just want to get out of here so I can be with my family."

"I know," Tiny smiled, calming down now. "But like Rach said, try not to act like a crazy person. It won't help anyone."

"I guess so," I sighed and rubbed my hand over my eyes. "It's just... I feel like such a failure. First Sara gets bombarded with cameras and now this? Man I am the worst husband EVER."

"You're not that bad ok?" Tiny assured me and rolled his eyes at my dramatics. "You do a lot more than what you give yourself credit for."

"Yeah like what? Allow someone to break into the house and almost kill Jen and Sara?" I asked him, looking him in the eye. Tiny sighed and rolled his eyes.

"Stop beating yourself up ok?" he said and looked around us, "You didn't allow anything. These things happen. And I bet if Trace and Jen were here they'd tell you the same thing."

"Yeah," I replied defeated, "I guess they would."


We finally got into LA, about a day later and the first thing I did when Trace turned up to pick us up was make a bee-line straight for Jen and Sara. They were still staying with Shelia, and afraid to go home.

"JEN!" I hollered as we entered Shelia's small house and Trace winced, slapping me on the back.

"Dude, shut up!" Trace laughed and I rolled my eyes at him.

"JEN!"

"Dude, this isn't your house. Have some respect!" Trace hissed and I shook my head.

"I need to know she's safe. Don't you get that?" I asked him and looked around. "And where is Shelia?"

"She's around here somewhere," Trace smiled and I rolled my eyes. Not again. He was always falling for Jen's assistants, this was bad. No wonder Shelia gave him the keys to her house with the excuse that Jen didn't want to be left alone, although I think that was Trace's clever idea.

"Well she better..." I began but stopped short and Shelia came out of the kitchen with a bottle in her hand. I grinned. "Hey Shelia."

"Justin," she smiled and handed me the bottle. "Trace."

"Hey Shelia," Trace blushed and I shook my head, stepping between them.

"Shelia where's Jen?" I asked her and she looked at me, finally breaking her flirting eye contact with Trace.

"She's in the guest bed room," she answered with a smile. "Second door on your left. But Justin..."

But I had stopped listening, breaking down the hallway at full speed till I reached the second door on the left and swung it open.

"Jen!" But my words were taken out of my mouth as I saw the scene before me. "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING HERE?"


"J!" JC jumped up nervously as I entered the room, causing Jen to look up.

"Justin!" Jen grinned and stood up as well, almost immediately flocking to me, ignoring JC completely. "What are you doing here?"

"I heard about the break in," I told her as if this explained everything, not moving my gaze from JC. "What is he doing here?"

"Well..." Jen began and blushed slightly, turning her head away so I wouldn't catch it but I did.

"I heard about the break in and thought Jen needed a friend..." JC began but I cut him off.

"Well that was real thoughtful of you," I told him sarcastically and looked at Jen. "Where's Sara?"

"In her crib," Jen answered and looked towards the crib in the room which Mike probably had hauled over here from the house. I smiled and walked over to it, pushing JC out of the way.

"Hey munchkin," I grinned and pulled the sleeping baby out of the crib and pulling her to my chest. "Did ya miss daddy? Coz I definitely missed you."

"Well we missed you too," Jen smiled, walking over to me and wrapping an arm around my waist and kissing my cheek. I grinned even more and caught JC squirming out of the corner of my eye.

"Well I'm glad to hear it," I told Jen and turned to kiss her. "I really missed you."

"Me too," she answered and I put my arm around her, pulling her closer to me. "I'm glad your back."

"Uh I think I'll just be going," JC's voice interrupted out moment and I could have slapped him. But nodded, as if I was giving him permission.

"Yeah ok," I told him. "It was nice seeing you man."

"Uh same here," JC replied and shuffled on his feet. "See ya Jen. Call me if there's anything."

"I will. Thanks for coming JC," Jen smiled and gave him a small wave. He nodded and hurried out of the room so fast that I wasn't sure how he'd gotten out.

"So are you guys okay?" I asked, looking at Jen once I had regained my composure. She nodded and looked up at me.

"Yeah," she smiled and then let out a laugh. I wondered what was so damn funny. She could have been KILLED and she was laughing? What was wrong with her?

"Why you laughing?" I asked her, "This is nothing to laugh about you know. You could have died."

"I know," she smiled and kissed me quickly. "Then I guess it's a good thing I knocked her out."

"You knocked.." I began and stopped immediately noticing the reference to a female. "HER? It was a woman?"

"Yeah," Jen nodded and took Sara from me, "And a pretty crazy one at that." I swallowed slowly and let Jen take Sara from me. "Justin?"

"Uh, did you get a good look at her?" I asked and Jen shook her head, walking over to the bed and sitting down on it.

"No. Sara and I got out of there as soon as we'd called the cops and Mike. But I think Mike did," Jen answered and looked at me. "Why?"

"Just curious," I answered and walked over to her. "For future reference. In case the loony comes back."

"I guess you're right," Jen sighed and took the bottle from me. "But I'd just like to forget about it ok? It was pretty traumatic."

"I can imagine," I told her before looking at the door. "Look I need to go talk to Mike. Why don't you take a nap?"

"But you just got here!" Jen protested in disbelief, looking up at me. "I haven't seen you in a few days, and after what just happened... Mike can wait."

"Ok," I smiled at her and decided I should at least put off talking to Mike about the woman, and sat next to Jen. "So what else did you guys do while I was away?"


"She had blondish curly hair. Why?" Mike asked taking a sip of coffee a few hours later as I had snuck away from Jen and caught him to ask him about the woman who broke in.

"Curly blonde?" I asked, and gulped loudly. "Really?"

"Yeah," Mike nodded and looked at me, "Why?" I felt my eyes go blurry and for a moment I couldn't see anything. Heck I couldn't even hear anything with all that thumping. Ok, it was my heart. Hanna had gone through with it. She had finally gone to the cuckoo's nest.

"No reason," I lied and stood up quickly. "Uh, look I need to go check on something can you keep an eye on Jen? I'll be back in an hour or so."

"Sure," Mike nodded, looking at me wearily. "You okay man?"

"Yeah," I told him again and grabbed my phone. "I'm just gonna say bye to Jen and then head out."


"You're going out?" Jen asked looking at me as if I had gone crazy. "But you just got here!"

"I know baby," I cooed and kissed her gently, "But I, uh, just realized I needed to get something from the house. I would ask you to come with me but you know..."

"Yeah I do," she sighed and shook her head. "But can't you pick it up tomorrow? Just call Trace and tell him you changed your mind." I shook my head.

"Jen," I told her and knelt down in front of her, "I know it's hard and scary after what happened but you gotta be strong ok? I promise nothing will happen to you ok? Mike's here and he'll protect you if the loony comes back."

"That's not why I don't want you to go Justin," Jen told me and placed a hand on my cheek. "I missed you. I want to spend time with you." I gulped and forced a smile for her, as I placed a hand over hers.

"I know. And we will I swear," I told her getting up. "But I just have to do this one thing then I'm all yours ok?"

"Ok," she nodded and looked up at me and I grinned. "Be safe."

"I will," I told her and kissed her. "Bye."


"Hanna!" banged on the door of the dodgy apartment building that Trace and I had been directed to by the very nice police woman at the station.

"J!" Trace hissed and looked over his shoulder, as if someone was going to jump out of the shadows at us. "Keep it down."

"Oh come on T," I told him and rolled my eyes before going back to my banging. "Hanna! Open up! I know you're in there! I saw you looking through the blinds!"

"Jesus J!" Trace muttered and moved closer to me. "Keep it down! What if someone hears us?"

"That's the point!" I hissed back and turned to face him. "You'd think that after chasing me for so long she would be jumping to open the door."

"Well if I were her I'd be dying to hide behind the couch as long as I live," Trace muttered and rubbed the back of his neck nervously. "Can we go now?"

"No," I told him and peered through the window to see if I could see anything. "We're not done yet."

"Well we look like a bunch of crazies," Trace told me and pulled me back by the scruff of the neck. "And you look like a perv."

"I do not!" I protested and knocked on the door again. "I'm just checking to see if I was imagining things."

"Well..." Trace began but was cut short as my phone rang, causing us both to jump. "Shit." I laughed at him and flipped open my phone.

"Hello?"

"Justin?" I cringed, it was Jen. I looked at Trace and mouthed 'Jen' to him, he rolled his eyes at me.

"Hey Jen," I answered and stepped a few feet away from the door. "What's up?"

"What's up?" Jen repeated and I could tell she was pissed. "I'm just wondering where my husband is. It's been over two hours Justin. You said you would be back an hour ago."

"I know baby," I soothed and looked at my watch. She was right. "It's just that..... uh...... Trace had a bit of a problem... a bowel problem if ya know what I mean."

"J!" Trace called and I looked over at him with a shrug. I had to say something.

"Ew!" Jen laughed and I could imagine her shaking her head in disgust. "TMI Justin!"

"Sorry," I told her, "But now you know why we're late. But we'll be on our way soon ok? Give us half an hour."

"Half an hour?" Jen questioned and I know she didn't believe me.

"Yeah," I lied and looked at Trace, motioning for him to move towards the stairs. But before he could do anything the door to the apartment opened and Hanna stepped out, with a black eye and glaring at me. "Uh Jen? I gotta go. Trace needs to... um yeah... bye."

I hung up before she could say another word and gulped, licking my lips nervously and glancing at Trace.

"What do you want?" Hanna asked angrily glaring between Trace and I.

"We, uh..." I began and wondered why I was so bloody nervous. "We came to tell you that if you tried to come near my family again..."

"You'd what? Stick that fat bitch on me again?" Hanna snapped and I lunged at her, but Trace grabbed my shirt to stop me.

"Watch your mouth," I snapped at her, "Or else I'll be the one giving you a matching eye to go with the one my wife so kindly graced you with."

"Well you don't have to worry about that," Hanna snapped back and crossed her arms over her chest.

"Good. Because if you even so much as sniff our way I will have the cops on your ass so fast you'll forget who you are," I told her and looked at Trace, "Let's go T. I think we're done here."


"Man you're crazy," Trace told me a few minutes later as we walked into Shelia's house and I rolled my eyes at him.

"No. I'm just protecting my family," I answered and Trace snorted in reply. "Besides...."

"Thank god you're back!" Jen called interrupting our conversation and running towards me, wrapping her arms around my waist.

"Yeah," I nodded and wrapped my arms around her. "Where is Sara?"

"She finally fell asleep," Jen answered looking towards the room and I nodded.

"Where's Shelia?" Trace interrupted and I rolled my eyes at him while Jen chuckled.

"She's on the patio," Jen laughed and looked up at me as Trace thanked her and quickly flocked in that direction. As soon as he was gone we both burst out laughing.

"Man he's got it bad," I laughed and Jen agreed.

"Yeah," she answered and then fell quiet, "Just like he did with..."

"With Kia?" I asked her softly and looked down at her. "You still think about her?"

"What?" Jen asked and looked up at me, "No, of course not."

"Jen," I sighed and kissed her forehead. "You know, it's ok to miss her even a bit. After all she was your best friend for a long time."

"I know," Jen sighed and leaned against me, "But after what she did to us and Trace..."

"I know," I told her and smiled, "Look let's just forget about her for now ok?"

"Ok," Jen agreed and leaned up to kiss me. I kissed her back, glad to know she was okay and wanted to make all the bad that had happened the past few days go away. "I'm glad you came back."

"Me too," I grinned and was about to kiss her again when the door bell rang. I sighed and rolled my eyes.

"I'll..." Jen began and I shook my head. It was probably another pap wanting to snap a picture. They enjoyed taking ringing the door bell randomly and getting Jen off guard.

"No," I answered and pushed her towards the bedroom, "Why don't you go and check on Sara? I'll get it."

"Are you..." Jen began and I nodded.

"Yeah. Now go," I said and watched her walk towards the bedroom as I turned around to call for Shelia. "She... Hey Shelia. Someone's at the door."

"Yes I heard it Justin," Shelia laughed, walking in from the patio with Trace close behind her as the door bell rang again. "Okay I'm coming!"

I laughed and shook my head, leaving her to open the door as I led Trace into the kitchen by the sleeve to tell him to cool it with Jen's assistant.

"Look man..." I began but Shelia interrupted by walking in and looking at me.

"Justin?" she asked.

"Yeah?" I asked looking at her, and she looked to the door.

"Uh, there's this girl here to see you. She says she knows you and Jen?" Shelia asked, unsure of herself. I gulped and looked at Trace who looked as if his eyes were going to fall out of their sockets.

"Uh, ok. Hey T, can you uh, go and show Shelia those things we brought back from the house earlier? I'll handle this," I told Trace.

"Yeah sure. Come on Shelia," he answered, shoving past me and grabbing Shelia's arm, leading her to the den. I was sure he had no clue what I had been talking about but I didn't care. I composed myself and slowly walked to the front door. This was bad, I thought to myself. How did Hanna find out this.....

"Kia?"


"What are you doing here?" I asked, crossing my arms across my chest and blocking the door way.

"I, uh..." Kia began looking down at her feet and then back up at me. "I came to check on Jen and Sara. I heard about happened..."

"So you think that after what you did you could just turn up and check on her?" I asked and eyed her, she had gained a few pounds. "Well you can't."

"Why not? I'm still her best friend!" Kia wanted to know and I shook my head before answering.

"Oh really? Because last I checked best friends don't not talk to each other for four months," I snapped back and she raised an eyebrow at me.

"Like you did with Trace?" She asked and I felt like throwing her over the banister.

"That's none of your business," I snapped and tapped my foot on the floor after she didn't reply for a while. "But since it was your fault as to what happened between us shouldn't you be wondering how he is? After all you did break his heart."

"How is he?" she sighed and I looked over my shoulder.

"He's doing just dandy," I told her and looked her up and down. "In fact, he and his new girl just stepped out. Do you want me to tell him something? Like sorry? Oh wait you don't do that do you? My bad."

"Look Justin," Kia replied, getting agitated by my attitude. "I know you hate me and all..."

"Oh I don't hate you," I corrected her, "I just despise you. There's a difference."

"Oh really like what?" she wanted to know, crossing her arms over her chest angrily.

"Like if I really hated you I would let you talk, but since I don't I'm just going to do this," I answered and with out waiting for her response I angrily slammed the door shut.

"Baby, who was that?" Jen's voice asked from behind me, causing me to turn around and smile at her.

"No one baby," I replied and leaned forward to kiss her, "Nobody at all."
Chapter 7- Jen by angel_from_africa
Author's Notes:
here's a new chapter!!
CHAPTER SEVEN.
JEN

July 10, 2008

The break in had come and gone. We did receive a lot of press for it but we ignored it with stride, I was just so grateful and blessed that nothing worse happened to Sara, Justin and I. After the incident Justin and I had gotten even closer, I considered him not only my husband but my best friend. I felt like I could tell him anything.

I was going to start traveling more often and promote my new album. I was so excited. Justin and I decided to have my mom come stay with us for a couple weeks so Sara could have a stable environment. We did receive a call and visit from social services about the break in but they concluded that Sara wasn't in any harm considering charges were filed. Thank god.


"I've got so much to thank god for." I was in the bathroom taking off my makeup and singing one of my favorite gospel songs. "So many wonderful blessings and so many open doors a brand new mercy...along with each new day...that's why I praise you, and for this I give you praise." I continued humming when I saw Justin walk into the bedroom.

"I start rehearsals for the espy's tomorrow!' He yelled from the closet.

"That's great baby!" I said putting on my face cleanser.

"We're going to start getting material together AAAAH!" He said jumping as he walked into the bathroom.

"That's not funny," I smiled looking at him through the mirror.

"Baby you scared me."

"You've seen me with this on before," I said turning on the water

"Wait don't take it off yet, I'm a go get Sara," he told me.

"No its going to scare her......" But he was gone before I could finish my sentence. He came back with Sara in his arms. "Hey Sar-Sar." She just looked at me then looked at Justin, I poked my lips out to give her a kiss.

"Give mommy a kiss," Justin said leaning her toward me. I laughed when she whimpered and turned to Justin. I checked the water and began to rinse my face off and dry it. "Look Sara."

"It's me mommy," I said, causing her to look between me and Justin, confused about what happened then she reached out to me. "Now you want me since I got all the stuff off my face huh?" I kissed her puffy cheeks. "I was thinking that maybe we could do a mommy and daddy date night tomorrow?" I asked Justin, getting in bed with Sara.

"Ok that sounds cool. Do I need to make any reservations?" he asked laying down next to me.

"No I have it all planed."


July 11, 2008


"What time do you think he will be home?" I asked Rachel on the phone.

"He should be there around 9 o'clock."

"Good." I was planning a romantic evening for Justin and I, considering I was leaving tomorrow to start promoting my album in New York, my schedule was so busy for the next two months I had no idea how we were going to spend any time together. Today we spent it together like it was our last, first Justin and I took a morning jog with the dogs then took Sara to the Zoo for the first time. Justin had to work on some things for the espy's and afterwards he, Rachel and Trace all went out to dinner together, all he needed to do was come home for his dessert.

I dimmed the lights in the den, lit candles and looked around the room at my work. It'd been six months since Justin and I have connected on a...what the hell we hadn't had sex in a really long time and I was horny as hell. I mean we did have intimate moments in the shower but it wasn't sex, at the time I wasn't ready...but now I was, Justin had changed so much and I knew I'd said that before but he really had I felt like we'd grown a lot since the last time. I respect him and he respects me...I think...I'm falling in love with him. I heard the front door close.

"Jenn I'm home!" Justin yelled. I tightened the knot on my robe, made sure the music was right and sat on the couch and I heard him sit the keys down on the kitchen table. "Jenn? Where are you?" He came into the den and examined the room, candles lit all around, small pallet of bedding on the floor, small table of chocolate covered strawberries and two slices of cheesecake as well as a small basket full of condoms.

"What's going on?" he said walking towards me, I stood up and held his hands.

"These past months have been a roller coaster and I know that I wouldn't have been able to go through it without you, good and bad. Justin I feel that you have made me into a better person these past two months, a better entertainer, mother and wife. I love the way you take care of our daughter putting her needs before anyone else's. I love how you tell me that I'm beautiful everyday. I love the pecks on the lips, kisses on the neck, smacks on the butt," I smiled as he laughed with me. "I love the way you hold me in the middle of the night...I love you Justin Randall Timberlake and tonight I plan on returning you the love ten fold." I pecked him on the lips and he just stood there looking lost. "Baby you ok?"

"Yeah just...suprised." I smiled leaning in to peck him on the lips a little longer than usual. Our faces stayed close to each other and he bummed his nose against mine as he leaned in for another kiss, taking my bottom lip between his. I opened my mouth giving him access and wrapped my arms around his neck, he had the softest lips. He pulled back looking in my eyes. "I love you."

"I love you too," I said smiling. I slipped my hands under his shirt feeling his soft skin and kissing his neck. "I missed you."

"I was only gone for three hours."

"I know but it felt like six." I helped him pull his shirt over his head throwing it on the floor and worked on his pants.

"Where's Sara?" he asked sending his pants and boxers falling to his ankles.

"She's with our moms..." I couldn't help but to stare at his aroused member.

"Your mom flew in today?"

"Yeah less talking more kissing," I said capturing his lips with mine. His tongue massaged mine and I let out a moan he wrapped his arms around my waist pulling me close to him. I could feel him poking me through my robe. I reached to untie my robe but he move my hands before I could untie it and opened it himself to expose my breast. He kept his arm wrapped around my waist while massaging my left breast. I leaned my head back as he kissed and sucked my neck. He pulled my robe over my shoulders letting it fall on the floor, I stood in front of him in my black lace panties/thong.

"You're so beautiful," he said rubbing his hands down my back to cup my behind. I leaned in, kissing him a little harder, keeping my arms around his neck pulling him with me to the pallet on the floor.

"Lay down," I whispered our lips still attached to each other. He did as told, laying his head against the pillows. I pulled my panties off kicking them to the side. I leaned over him, kissing his chest and taking his right nipple in my mouth. He let out a small hiss. I smiled and continued down his chest till I made it to his hips. I sat up and looked at his hard penis. I was never really liked oral sex but I knew Justin was in to it and I wanted to please him.

"Jen-OH!" I wrapped my lips around him before he could ask his question. I kept my eyes on him the whole time. His mouth was slightly open, letting out deep grunts his eyes stayed locked on mine. I released him before he could climax and made my way back to his lips.
"You didn't have to do that, I know about how feel uncomfortable..."

"Tonight is not about me...its about you." I reached for a condom on the table opening it and slid it down his shaft. I straddled his waist and lined him up with my entrance and I let out a small whimper when we connected.

"You ok?" He asked.

"Yeah," I smiled and laid over him. I swear he was the best kisser. Our lips stayed close as I began moving my hips in a very slow rhythm. I sat up, keeping my hands on his chest and Justin let out a moan causing me to move my hips in a figure eight. I watched his facial expressions, how his eyes rolled to the back of his head, his mouth slightly open letting out small pants. He ran his hands up my thighs to my hips squeezing them then releasing. I picked up the pace moving my hips in a ticking clock motion causing my breasts move lightly. I let out a moan, he felt so good, like he belonged. My stomach tightened when his hands ran up my stomach to my breasts. Before I knew it I felt like I became another person. Our sweat glistening in the candle light.

"Mmmm...Jenn." Justin let out moan. He grabbed my cheeks, griping and massaging, his eyes moved from mine looking at our waists as I raised and lowered my hips bouncing against him. I rode him hard and steady our pants turned into Ah's and Uh's echoing throughout the room.
My voice was caught in my chest, I wiped the sweat from his forehead to his upper lip, letting my thumb fall into his mouth. Justin thrust his hips upward causing me to let my head back letting out a loud moan.

"Oh...Umm." He sat up pulling me to him flipping me on my back. He pulled my legs up on his hips and braced himself over me, gripping the blanket under us. His thrusts were powerful and fast, I wanted to tell him to slow down so I could keep up, but all I could say was his name.

"Jusssstinn...baby?" I was so close to climaxing I didn't want it to be over. I gripped him as our bodies rocked back and forth then it hit me like a semi truck. I felt my walls squeeze him and all I could hear was him moaning my name and our skin slapping against each other. His hips slowed down letting me know he was near.

"Uh...look at me baby." He grabbed my face forcing me to look at him, I looked into his eyes and all I saw was love and passion. He lead me into a toe curling orgasm, his face turned beet red as he climaxed. He collapsed on top of me. I closed my eyes trying to get through my tremors. I ran my hands up his back lightly scratching the tattoo between his shoulders. We laid there, still connected for what felt like hours but only minutes.

"Justin?" I asked barely above a whisper, he hadn't made a move yet. He kissed my neck leaving a trail up my jaw line to my chin then lips.

"That was...the best...sex I have ever had," he whispered. I didn't know what to say, I let out a laugh and he pecked my lips and pulled himself away from me. I turned over on my side.

"I'm tired," I said before thinking.

"Tired? We're just getting started."


Later that night. 1:04 a.m.


"Mmmm...this is good try some." Justin pushed a half eaten strawberry up to my mouth, I took bite.

"It is good." I reached over to get another one and bite into it I was too busy enjoying my strawberry to notice him staring at me. "What?"

"Nothing...its just that...you make me really happy Jenn," he said propping his head in his hand.

"You make me happy too," I said pecking him on the lips. I threw the end of the strawberry in the trash.

"Our anniversary is coming up." Ok something was on his mind, I thought to myself.

"Yes it is September...Justin is there something you want to tell me?"

"I...I don't think I want to divorce you," he said reaching for my hand.

"Justin it's part of the contract...next year we're supposed to file for divorce." What was he thinking?

"Maybe we don't have to..."

"I'm not having this conversation anymore," I said turning my back to him. I knew this was going to happen, to many emotions were involved that we were forgetting the real reason we were together.

"So you want to go through with the divorce?"

"I don't know Justin! You're ruining the moment."

"No I'm not," he said kissing my neck.

"Yes you are," I smirked.

"I know how to get it back," he whispered in my ear.

"How?" I felt him move around then his hand ran up my thigh.

"Open your legs." I did as told and he entered me from behind, his hands ran up my stomach and cupped my breast. I pushed the blanket down to our hips and leaned my head back. We were so caught up in each other we didn't hear the front door slam. Justin quickened his thrusts panting in my ear. I let out a whimper he felt even better the second time.

"Justin!" We both froze. Before we could comprehend what was going on we were caught.

"Trace!" I screamed trying to cover myself up.

"WHAT THE HELL MAN." Justin yelled as he helped cover me up.

"I'll um just be in the...the thing," Trace said quickly turned around leaving Justin and I alone.

"That did not just happen," I said laughing.

"Yeah it did," Justin said getting up fixing himself. "I'm going to straighten his midget ass out." He picked up his robe I had for him on the couch. I watched him leave the room.

"Trace you asshole what the hell are you doing here?" I heard him yell. I picked my robe up from the spot I left it and put it on.

"Kia came by," Trace said as I walked into the room.

"Kia came by?" I asked wondering what she was doing in town. Justin looked between me and Trace.

"She said she wanted to try and work things out."

"Did she say anything about me?" I will admit part of me missed her. Trace shook his head.
Chapter 8- Justin by angel_from_africa
CHAPTER EIGHT.
JUSTIN.


"Jen!" I scolded my wife.

"What? I was just wondering," she shrugged and I rolled my eyes. This was not the time.

"Well you shouldn't," I replied, "She's not worth the time."

"But.." Jen began and I shook my head.

"No buts," I interrupted and looked at Trace before Jen could continue, "So Kia came by? And wanted to work things out? What did you tell her?"

"Well..." Trace began and I saw a flash of eagerness fill his eyes. He did not! He needs to have a reality check. I totally flipped out.

"No!" I told him and shook his shoulders. "No!"

"What? I wasn't going to..." he tried again.

"Stop being stupid ok? Focus on something more important!" I rambled on and felt someone touch my shoulder. "WHAT???"

"Justin! Calm down!" Jen told me, jumping at my yell and yanking my arm away from Trace, who was looking at me as if I'd gone insane.

"No Jen! He needs to get it through his head...." I began and Jen just looked at me before bursting out laughing. Why was she laughing? I reached forward to check her temperature to make sure she was okay, maybe she couldn't handle what had happened in the last few hours and went mad. Jen batted my hand away.

"Stop it Justin," Jen laughed and looked between Trace and I. "You haven't even heard a word Trace has said."

"Yeah I did!" I protested and looked at Trace, "He was just telling me about how he was thinking about getting together again with...." My voice trailed off as I looked at Trace and Jen, both were looking at me as if I had gone crazy. I felt crazy. Was it hot in here or was it just me? "Shit, I need to sit down."

"Yeah you do," Jen smiled and helped me sit on a bar stool then went to Trace. "So what happened Trace? What did you say? What did she say?"

"Well," Trace began and paused, looking at me to make sure I wasn't going to go berserko on him again. When I kept quiet he continued, "As I was saying, she came by and wanted to get back together. I told her no, then she asked if it was because my new girlfriend."

"Your new what?" Jen asked, looking at me totally confused. I felt my cheeks go red. It WAS hot in here. I licked my lips and shrugged. "Justin what is he talking about? When did you start dating again Trace? Are you and Sheila?"

"No!" Trace replied and looked at me too, "And that's the thing. I thought she was crazy and I told her so. Told her she needed to get her head checked. Then she got mad and left."

"Really?" I asked, and heard my voice go up a notch. Thank god she didn't tell him about me, that would have sealed the deal for me. "That's good. You know that you told her... well now she knows how you really feel about her."

"Yeah," Trace nodded and rubbed the back of his neck. "But what I can't figure is where she got the idea that I had a girlfriend."

"Well look at the time!" I called and stood up quickly. "I better head off to bed. Early day and all. Jen can you show him out?"

"What Justin I.." Jen began but before she could finish I walked over to her and kissed her quickly.

"Thanks," I grinned and bolted out the door, up the stairs and into the bedroom, closing the door behind me before I actually went MAD.


"What is wrong with you?" Jen asked me, walking into the room a few minutes later with Sara on her hip. I smiled and walked over to her, rubbing Sara's head.

"Nothing. Did Trace go yet?" I asked and Jen nodded.

"Yeah, and he woke Sar-Sar up," she sighed and kissed the baby's forehead. "I was hoping her daddy could put her to bed with one of his songs?"

"Sure," I grinned and took Sara from Jen. "You still gonna be up when I get back?"

"Maybe," Jen smiled and kissed me quickly, "Why? What do you have in mind?"

"I can't tell you that!" I said and covered Sara's ears. "Well not in front of the kid."

"Oh really?" Jen laughed and kissed Sara's cheek. "I guess I'll have to wait then. Won't I Sar-Sar?"

"Don't give her ideas," I told Jen playfully and kissed her, "Well I'll be back. Come on Munchkin. You need to go to bed to mommy and I can have some alone time."


I got back from putting Sara to bed but found Jen already passed out, fast asleep in the bed. I smiled and climbed in beside her, pressing myself against her.

"Jen," I whispered and nudged her softly, causing her to smile with her eyes closed.

"What?" she asked and suppressed a laugh.

"You ready to get busy?" I whispered sexily into her ear and wrapping my arm around her waist.

"No I want to sleep," she whispered back and opened her eyes.

"You sure?" I asked and ran my hand up her stomach, "Because you know..."

"Yes really," she replied and gasped slightly as I cupped her breast and kissed her neck. "Justin!"

"Hmm?" I asked, leaving a trail of kisses along her neck as I made my way up to her ear.

"Stop it!" she giggled, but I could tell she was enjoying this. "What if we wake up Sara?"

"She's fast asleep," I replied and nibbled on her ear. "Open your legs so I can finish what I started."

"Fine," she muttered, but I could hear the eagerness in her voice as she obeyed me. I grinned and leaned forward to kiss her before letting my hand travel back down her stomach and between her legs.

"Hmm," I murmured causing her to laugh.

"What?" she asked and back at me.

"You feel nice," I whispered and kissed her again.

"You have a dirty mind," she whispered back causing me to grin evilly.

"I know," I told her and moved my hand faster against her, "But you like it."

"Yeah," she panted as I moved in and out of her faster with my fingers. "I guess I do."

"Good," I whispered and quickly removed my hand, causing her to gasp in protest. "Because I like it too."

She smiled and let me kiss her as I opened her leg with my knee and entered her really slowly, causing her to lean her head back, close her eyes and bite her lip in ecstasy.

"Jen," I whispered, "Look at me." She nodded and opened her eyes, allowing me to look deeply into her eyes and kiss her.

"Justin..." she began as I moved quickly inside her, making her breaths short and aspirated. "I love you."


When I woke up the next day, the bed was empty and Jen had disappeared. I yawned and clambered out of bed. After a quick shower I found my way downstairs to the kitchen where Jen was hovering over the stove with the phone attached to her ear.

"Hey," I said entering the room and walking up behind her, wrapping my arms around her waist and kissing her neck.

"Uh Sheila? Yeah I'll call you later bye," she hung up the phone and placed it on the side before turning around to face me. "Hey."

"So why'd you get up so early?" I whispered and kissed her quickly.

"Well if you do remember we have a child to take care of," Jen answered and pushed my chest gently. "She woke me up."

"Oh yeah," I grinned and looked around me, finding Sara fast asleep in her bassinet. "So what we up to today?"

"Well I don't know about you," Jen began and moved away from me, "But I have to leave for New York in an hour."

"Oh," I said deflated and frowned, "Okay."

"Justin," Jen whispered and looked at me, forcing me to look at her. "What is it?"

"Nothing.." I began and started thinking of all the lonely nights I would have once she and Sara left. "Okay I don't want you guys to go. It's too soon. What if the loony follows you to New York?"

"Justin," Jen laughed and I scowled at her. It was always like this, she was always laughing at the serious stuff we went through. "She won't come back okay? It's been over two months. Besides even if she does Marcus will be there to beat her down. And I can take care of myself."

"Well still," I said and walked over to Sara and picked her up. "I don't like the idea of being here when you'll be all the way there. We're a family we should stay together you know."

"I know," Jen sighed and walked over to me, "But I do have a job to do."

"I know and so do I. But do you see me gallivanting across the country without you? No. I stay here because we need to stick together," I rambled and saw Jen's face fall. "Look, it's just that after you know all that happened I've come to realize that we need to say together. We can't be kept apart no matter what."

"And you think a little distance will do that to us?" Jen asked and raised an eyebrow at me. I nodded, not noticing what an idiot I must have looked like. "Don't be silly J. Besides don't you have the ESPY's and all to work on while I'm gone?"

"Yeah but..." I began and sighed. "Man I'm a loser."

"No you're not," Jen laughed with me and shook her head. "You're just worried that's all."

"Yeah but I can't help it," I replied and looked at Sara, "Can I munchkin? Mommy makes daddy worry too much."

"Well I'll try to stop," Jen grinned and took Sara for me. "Come on Sar-Sar let's go get grandma so we can go."

"Wait!" I called as Jen began walking away, causing her to stop and turn to me.

"What?" Jen asked and I shrugged. She laughed and shook her head. "I think you need to go get a check up or something Justin. This behavior is not flattering."

"What behavior?" I asked her, suddenly offended and crossed my arms over my chest.

"This paranoia you've suddenly acquired," Jen smiled and I shook my head before nodding. She was right. I was getting paranoid. And it was my own damn fault.

"I haven't.." I began but was interrupted by the doorbell ringing and Jen telling me to go answer it.

"Can you go get that?" she asked, "It's probably Marcus with the car. Tell him I've gone to get momma and Sara. We'll be down in a bit."

"Ok," I grumbled and went to open the door.


"You can't go," I told Jen gripping her arm as she stood outside with Sara and Darnell and Marcus. They all looked at me as if I'd grown a third head. Jen smiled and handed Sara over to Darnell.

"I'll be there in a bit," Jen told her and turned to face me. "Justin!"

"What?" I asked her and pulled her to me, "Is it that bad that I don't want you to go?"

"Well no but... We're had this conversation before," Jen explained and I sighed.

"I know," I told her and gave her a kiss. "But.."

"No buts," Jen told me and looked up at me. "I'll be back before you know it and we can always fly out to see each other."

"Right," I nodded and thought about it. "Wait, why don't I come with you? That way we'll be together forever!"

"One, you sound like a sappy hallmark card," Jen laughed, "And two don't you have the ESPY's to host? So you can't come with me. But you can come see me."

"Fine," I told her and nodded eagerly. "I'll come the minute the ESPY's are over."

"Ok," Jen smiled and kissed me before she pulled away, "Just run it by Johnny first ok? Don't disappear like you did last time."

"Yes mother," I laughed rolling my eyes, "But I had a good excuse last time!"

"Yeah you did," Jen smiled and kissed me again, "But now I have to go ok? You gonna be okay?"

"Yeah," I nodded, but felt myself bubbling up. "I'll be good."

"Good," Jen smiled and turned to Marcus, "Let's go. Say bye to daddy Sara."

"Bye munchkin," I whispered and leaned in to kiss Sara before pulling away. "Ok guys you go or you'll miss the flight. Bye."

"Bye," Jen said, kissing me and taking Sara from Darnell before walking to the car.

I watched them get into the car, waving and smiling as I did so, and watched them drive down the driveway and disappear. But as soon as the car went around the corner I turned around and walked into the house before I let myself go completely. I was going to miss my family.


"Man you need to tell her," Trace told me, I noticed a glare in his eye.

"Why? So she can leave me again? No," I told him and crossed my arms over my chest. Trace sighed and shook his head.

"Man, you are just asking for trouble," he said and opened up the water bottle that he was holding and took a sip.

"I am not," I answered and looked at him fidgeting with his water bottle. "What is wrong with you? You're fidgeting like a child."

"Nothing....Have you talked to Kia lately?" he asked taking me totally by surprise.

"What? NO," I lied and shuffled uneasily from foot to foot.

"You are the biggest liar on the planet," he retorted and shook his head.

"I am not!" I protested, I needed to keep my cool so he wouldn't catch on. "Why?"

"Well.. when she came by, she mentioned that she talked to you. So I was just wondering," he muttered and I felt myself turn bright red.

"She did?" I asked, my voice rising as I did so. "Why didn't you mention this earlier?"

"Because, I didn't want to get you into more trouble with Jen," Trace replied calmly and I sighed. Man, this day was just getting worse.

"Well ok," I nodded and looked at the clock, hoping it had sped up a few minutes more so we could have an excuse to leave before this got any weirder. It hadn't. "I talked to her, but I told her to fuck off."

"And you told her I had a girlfriend too, right?" Trace pressed and I nodded in defeat.

"Yeah," I grumbled and shook my head. "But it was for your own good. I wanted her to get the message and disappear again."

"Ok, then I guess I could forgive you," Trace reasoned, "But you need to tell Jen. Not only about Kia but about Hannah too."

"I will," I lied, "When our anniversary comes up."

"What? Why then? You want to ruin it for her?" Trace asked shocked.

"No! It's just that... she wants to go through with the divorce. So I might as well..." I began.

"When did she say that?" he wanted to know and I shrugged.

"Last night, when we were you know," I told him.

"Oh," he answered and looked down at the counter top. "So why not tell her earlier then? It would be easier."

"No it won't," I snapped and glared at him, "I would like to have a few more happy moments with my wife you know. Before it's all over."

"Oh so you're going to prolong it?" Trace asked and shook his head. "Man you're crazy."

"No I am not. I'm just being practical. Besides, if you look at it it's only better from a business point of view. I mean, if the press found out our marriage was just a farce then they'll have a field day, this way is better, they'll just think I was an asshole. It'll be better on Jen, I'll get the brunt of it not her. Trust me," I answered.

"No you won't," he told me and walked over to me, " You'll both get it just as bad. And once Jen knows she'll take Sara away from you for good."

"No she won't," I went on the defensive, although I knew he was right. "She can't."

"She can," Trace reaffirmed. "And she will. You know she will. Just tell her the truth J. BEFORE your anniversary. Give her time to be mad."

"Why so I can be miserable during my last months with her? No thanks. Besides, if she finds out she'll go beserk. This way is better. That way she can just be mad and divorce me for a good reason," I told him angrily, "Not because we had a contract. I want her to have a good reason to divorce me if she really wants to."

"You make it sound as if she's the only one.." Trace began.

"Well she is," I snapped, "Because to tell you the truth I don't want a divorce ok?"

"Why not?" He asked and looked at me as it registered in his brain. "You fell in love with her didn't you?"

"Well..." I started and looked away from him, I was beginning to feel uncomfortable with this whole damn situation. "Yeah I did."

"Shit," Trace replied and shook his head. "You know if Johnny finds out..."

"Which he won't because no one will tell him ok?" I glared at Trace, "Right? Please man you can't say ANYTHING. If he finds out..."

"I know," Trace sighed, "If he finds out then the whole deal is off."

"Exactly," I nodded and let out a long sigh. "I just.... she's the one for me T. I need her ok? I mean, I've never felt like this about anyone."

"I get it," Trace smiled and patted my shoulder, "You don't need to worry ok? We'll figure something out. maybe you won't have to divorce her. Maybe we can convince that what you did was for her own good?"

"Yeah," I replied sadly, the realization of Jen and I divorcing getting to me. "And hopefully she won't leave me and take Sara with her."

"Is that what it really is?" Trace asked concerned. "Loosing Sara?"

"And Jen," I answered, "Look man, I don't know ok? All I know is that I don't want this divorce."
Chapter 9- Jen by angel_from_africa
Author's Notes:
Here is the next chapter enjoy!!
CHAPTER NINE.
JEN


July 21, 2008


"Jennifer Hudson has accomplished what any American could dream of...winning an Oscar for her first role in Dreamgirls and this fall her album will debut on September 30th under Clive Davis. How are you Jennifer?"

"I'm good, doing well."

"You've done movies...singing...is there anything you can't do?"

"Well I can't dance that well," I said letting out a chuckle.

"In the past year alone you have won an Oscar, you were in Sex and the City and suprising everyone in getting married to Justin Timberlake." They showed a picture of Justin and I on the street.

"Yes, it will be a year on September 27th just before the album comes out."

"I'll have to say you look fabulous love the shoes."

"Thank you. My momma picked them out," I said showing them off.

"You're going to sing your first single from the album called Spotlight correct?"

"Yes and you can get it on itunes everyone."

"Here she is Jennifer Hudson."


I made my rounds in New York doing interviews for the album. I was only gone for two days and I missed Justin already.

"Hello?" I was sitting on the couch in the living room watching Sara crawl around the room when my phone rang.

"Hey."

"Hey, what are you doing?" I said watching Sara crawl over to me.

"Nothing just hanging out, how was your day?"

"Good, I miss you." Sara pulled herself up pulling on my dress.

"I miss you too." We continued are conversation till I heard a knock on the door. Sheila went over to answer it.

"What up Justin!" Justin came in with his phone attached to his ear and sat his bag down by the door.

"AHHH!" I screamed, causing Sara to turn her head to the door, bouncing and laughing.

"Baby girl you standing? huh," he said walking over to me.

"You know I don't like suprises," I said, pushing him when he leaned down to kiss me.

"I know." He pecked my lips. "Hey munchkin." He picked Sara up kissing her cheeks.


September 12,2008.


"Its my birthday!" I said jumping up and down on the bed. The past two months had been crazy. I swear, I felt like I'd been in the twilight zone and I know we hadn't even started yet.

Traveling from New York to Atlanta to Toronto and L. A. to San Francisco, had just been a lot but I wouldn't have traded it for the world. Everything with Justin had been well, he was finally taking a long vacation, he was going to be traveling with me.

Lately it was just that he'd seemed a little jumpy at times. Every time I asked him what was wrong, he would say nothing even though we made a promise to each other that we wouldn't keep secrets. Sara, Sara it's her mission to start walking and getting into things. Its hard traveling with a 10 month old having to make a hotel room child proof.

My phone buzzed on the nightstand and I reached over to see who it was. "J. C."

I began texting him back. J.C. was such a sweet guy, we stayed in touch with each other at least every other week now it was every other day. I was busy texting on my phone that I didn't see Justin come in.

"Happy Birthday Baby!"

"Hey," I said looking up. He had Sara in his arms and a cardboard box.

"Say Happy Birthday to Momma Sara." She just waved her arms and reached out for me. Justin passed her to me sitting her on my lap. "This is for you." He passed me the box.

"Thanks...J you could have wrapped it," I said examining the box

"Just open it please," he said, I could tell he was weirded out so I just opened it and emptied out the contents.

"Wow...a puzzle," I said unenthusiastically. I'll admit I was expecting something a little nicer.

"Here Sara and I will help you put it together."

Justin helped me with the puzzle when we got half way threw and started to make out what it was I got excited. I put in the last piece and just stared at the picture.

"Jen?" I continued looking at the picture of a Range Rover.
"Jen!"

"Huh?" I said looking at Justin. He held up a key with purple bow.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" I grabbed the key, jumped off the bed and ran down stairs. I punched the button watching the garage door go up and my black 2008 Range Rover came to view with a big purple bow around it.

"AHHHH...I CANT BELIEVE THIS IS MINE!" I said running to the car.

"I think mommy likes her gift."


Later that night


This had to be the best birthday I ever had. I received a call and flowers from my family and other celebrities as well as gifts. Justin, Trace, Sheila, Rachel, her male friend and I went to dinner at Eva Longoria's restaurant Beso. Afterward Justin and I went home to spend some alone time.

"Why are you always passed out after sex?" I asked laying on his bare chest. He just shrugged his shoulders trying to sleep. I ran my finger over his lips out lining its shape. "Ahhh...Ha Ha." I let out a loud laugh and all of a sudden he bit my finger. "No biting its my birthday."

"Do you want me to respond to that?"

"No...I know you're going to say something dirty." He laughed

"Love you," He said opening his eyes and running his hands up my back.

"Love you too."

"I have one more gift," he said reaching over to open the drawer. He pulled out a small purple box holding it in front of me.

"What could top a car?"

"This." He opened the box to reveal a beautiful diamond ring.

"It's beautiful." He took my left hand pulling the ring off my finger.

"This ring symbolizes a meaningless agreement, to tell you the truth I was so mad and confused about what was going on I picked out the first ring I saw." I continued looking him and ring as he sat it down on the night stand. "This ring." He pulled out the ring from the box. "Symbolizes love, trust, honesty and commitment." I watched him slip on the new ring. "I love you Jennifer Hudson-Timberlake."

I looked at the ring on my finger and back at him. I gave him the most delicious kiss I could give.

"I love you too."


"Jen?" I felt Justin nudge me."Wake up." I pulled the covers over my head then I thought what today was and began to tear up. "Jennifer?" Justin yanked the covers back. "Baby why are you crying?"

"I can't believe this day is finally here." Today was the day my album dropped and I was just so overwhelmed with joy. I'd waited my whole life for this day and it was finally here. Justin wiped the tears from my eyes. There was a knock on the door and Sheila came in with an upset Sara.

"Here's your momma." Sheila passed me Sara.

"Today's mommy's big day Sar-Sar."


Later that night


I was laying in bed watching Justin walk around the room in his pajamas pants talking on his phone. Today was the one best days of my life, Justin Sheila, Marcus, Big Mike, and I all went out to Justin's restaurant Southern Hospitality.

"So I'll talk to you later for more details and what not." I watched him finish is conversation and head out of the room.

"Justin come to bed." Justin had been running around all day taking Sara to the toy store, buying her clothes and keeping her entertained. He walked into the room with a purple carry on suitcase.
"Boy what are you doing?" He put the suitcase on the bed.

"Open it up." I really didn't have time for games, I had a long day and I just wanted lay up with my husband. I opened the suitcase and looked at the contents, I picked up the lei and put it around my neck.
"Ooh...pretty.." I laughed picking out the contents. Flip flops?

"We can go to Maui. Or the mountains." I pulled out purple timberland boots and purple scarf.

"You remembered my favorite color," I said laughing. I continued looking and picked out brochures of resorts and tourism pamphlets.

"We can go anywhere you want to go for our anniversary."

"Really?" He nodded his head.

"Since we've been so busy we couldn't have an anniversary like everyone else so...we'll just have ours later."

"I love you," I said pecking him on the lips.

"Love you too."


We headed back to L.A. for a break/promotion. I was cleaning up when the door bell rang.

"I got it!" I yelled heading to the door. When I opened it my stomach tightened. "Kia?"

"Hey, can I come in?" I moved to the side letting her in.

"How are..... you look well," I asked leading her into the kitchen.

"I'm fine going back to school." She always said the she wanted to go back and finish her nursing degree. "I heard about the break in I came by but Justin said you were tired." I watched her sit on the stool.

"Yeah." I don't remember Justin telling me she came by.

"Hey Jen! Look...." Justin walked in holding Sara's hands as she tried to walk.

"Wow look at you Sar-Sar trying to walk...J you need to put socks on her feet." He was concentrating on Sara he didn't see Kia.

"She'll slip...What are you doing here?" He said looking at Kia. Kia just shook her head and looked at me.

"Justin please," I said getting frustrated. He picked Sara up and pecked my lips.

"We're going to Joey's, Brianna wants to see Sara." That's it no argument? I was expecting to clean up a blood bath.

"Ok...put socks on her!" I said watching him walk Sara out.

"Yeah, yeah."

"Would you like something to drink?" I asked Kia and smiling at Justin's response.

"Sure, I can't believe how big Sara's gotten." I smiled opening the fridge. "You and Justin seem to be doing well."

"We have to ya know," I said pouring lemonade in two glasses. I passed her the glass and walked into the living room. I sat on the couch and watched her look at the pictures on the mantel. She picked up a black and white photo of Justin holding a naked Sara wrapping her in his black leather jacket.

"I bumped in to Curtis and his hoe of a girlfriend," she said putting the picture back.

"What she look like?" I had to know what he left my best friend for.

"White, blonde dumb as a door knob." She came and sat next to me.

"How did you bump into them?"

"I was shopping in that new store downtown...she was looking in the lingerie section-"

"Why am I not suprised." I sipped my drink.

"So I go up to the counter to pay for my things she comes up behind me and asks the clerk where she could try the panties on."

"What!...you don't try panties on."

"I know right so the clerk just looked at her then Curtis came whispered in her ear and paid for the underwear."

"What did he say when he saw you?"

"At first he wasn't going to say anything till I said something first...Hi Marcus is this your tramp?"

"No you didn't."

"Yep. All he could do was rush her out of the store." Kia and I both laughed. We sat in silence before she spoke.

"Jen I'm really sorry for not telling you the truth."

"You hurt me Kia, and you lied on Justin."

"I felt like I was losing you to him."

"Why would you think that? At the time I cared about Justin but I loved you and I wouldn't of broken our friendship."

"Will you give me a second chance?" She reached to hold my hand. I didn't know what to say
Chapter 10- Justin by angel_from_africa
CHAPTER TEN
JUSTIN

"Justin!"

"What?" I asked, shaking so hard I could hardly think.

"Calm down!" Trace told me and shook my shoulders. I shook my head and tried to take in a deep breath. "It'll be ok."

"What if he knows?" I asked Trace, paranoid that Johnny had found out my true feelings about Jen which was why he'd called me here to meet him.

"So what?" Trace asked, "It's not a crime. And I'll back you up ok? You don't have to panic."

"But he could..." I began.

"He won't," Trace reaffirmed and looked me in the eye. "He can't."

"He can and he will. You know that as well as I do," I muttered and jumped at the sound of my phone.

"What?"

"Justin?" I let out a long breath, it was only Jen.

"Hey baby," I said, calming down a lot more. "What's up?"

"Nothing..." she began and paused. "Are you okay?"

"Me? I'm fine why?" I asked her, seeing Trace roll his eyes at me.

"Well you sound kind of..." she began but I cut her off quickly.

"How's the kid?" I asked, changing the subject dramatically to my daughter.

"Uh. She's fine," Jen said and I sighed. "You sure you're ok Justin?"

"Yeah sure," I lied and looked at Trace who was glancing at his watch. "Just have a lot on my mind."

"Really? Like what?" Jen asked concerned and I paused. "J?"

"Nothing," I told her. I didn't want her to worry about me so soon after she left.

"Justin..." she warned and I closed my eyes, trying not to snap.

"I'm fine Jen seriously. Don't worry about me ok?" I said and re-opened my eyes to see Johnny walking up to us. I felt my stomach knot. "Uh, look Jen I have to go. Johnny's here and..."

"You have a meeting?" Jen laughed and I nodded. "Ok I'll let you go but say hi to Sara first."

"Ok," I told her and realized how much I missed them. "I really miss her."

"And she misses you," Jen smiled, "Sar-Sar say hi to daddy quickly."

I laughed and heard a few gurgles on the line before Johnny reached me.

"Justin?"

"Hey Johnny," I whispered, holding my hand over the mouth piece. "Just a sec I'm just, uh, checking in on Sara."

"Ok," Johnny nodded and turned to Trace. I sighed and watched him for a moment before realizing Jen had come back on.

"Justin?"

"Hey Jen," I said, "Yeah Johnny's here so, I, uh, gotta go."

"Oh ok," she replied, "I love you."

"Uh," I paused and looked towards Johnny, he was still talking to Trace, so I was safe. "I love you too. Bye." I quickly snapped my phone shut and glanced up, noticing Johnny staring at me. "So shall we get started then?"


"Man you need to check yourself," Trace whispered in my ear as I sat down opposite Johnny and for the third time that day I fidgeted with my phone.

"So Justin," Johnny began and looked at me in that eerie way he did when he had to lecture me. "How are things with you and Jen?"

"Jen? Uh, they're fine why?" I asked him and licked my lips nervously, glancing at Trace as I did so. "Right T?"

"Yeah," Trace muttered, feeling uncomfortable with the situation I'd put him in.

"Good," Johnny smiled and shuffled though the papers before him. "Because I wanted to go over the contract with you."

"You did?" i asked and took a big gulp. "Why? Is there something wrong?"

"Well, no. I just wanted to remind you that the contract is up next year....." Johnny told me. I nodded and rubbed my palms together. "Look kid are you ok?"

"Yes I'm fine!" I said, my voice rising so much that Trace had to poke me in the side. "I mean yes. I was just thinking about that."

"You were?" Johnny asked and raised an eyebrow. I nodded and looked again at Trace.

"Well yeah. Because you know our anniversary is coming up and if we're going with the contract it means that this is the last one Jen and I have together and I wanted to make it um, special for her," I rambled and heard Trace gasp beside me before I relaized what I was doing. Oh crap.

"Special?" Johnny asked and frowned. "Justin it's just a contract. You don't have to... Look do I need to remind you of the terms of the contract?"

"No you don't!" I told him quickly. "Got it all in my head." I pointed to my temple and saw Trace shake his head at me as Johnny looked at me as if I was an alien or something.

" Sure you do. Look, is there something you wish to tell me? Trace?" Johnny looked at both Trace and I.

"No!" I said and nearly jumped out of my seat. "We have nothing to tell you!"

"J!" Trace muttered and I sunk back in my seat as Johnny glared at me, figuring out my game.

"Look kid," he began and rested his hands on the table, "I didn't want to say anything but Marcus and I have been noticing things... things between Jen and you and well....it just won't work."

"What won't work?" I asked, trying to make it seems as if I had no clue what he was going on about. Johnny sighed and shook his head.

"Justin," he said and sighed heavily, "Don't play games ok? I know what's been going on with you and Jen. You've not done a good job of hiding it." OH SHIT.

"Hiding what?" I said, I needed to draw this out as long as possible. I licked my lips and ran a hand through my hair. "I'm not hiding a thing!"

"You've fallen in love with her haven't you?" Johnny asked, totally catching me off guard.

"Me in love?" I asked laughing uneasily. "With Jen? She's not my type. I mean I like girls who are skinny..." I thought of Jen's gorgeous curves. "Blonde..." I thought of running my hands through Jen's thick black hair. "And um......"

How come I could think of all the good things about Jen, the things that made me go weak at the knees. But none of the bad stuff like.... OH SHIT.

"Justin..." Johnny shook his head and flipped to a page of the contract.

"Look Johnny..." I began but he cut me off.

"Justin, the contract clearly states that if either you or Jen show more than mutual feelings for each other..." he started and I cut him off.

"Then you'll pull the deal. Yeah I know," I sighed and rubbed my temples. "I'm not in love with her. We don't love each other."


After I left Johnny I felt myself being stressed out to the max. I took in a deep breath and tried to ignore Trace's inconsistent mutters.

"Man will you shut up?" I asked squinting closer to see the shiny jewelry through the glass. "I don't need your muttering ok? This is a hard enough decision as it is."

"Well then why are you buying it?" Trace asked with a huff and I rolled my eyes.

"If I have to explain it to you one more time..." I threatened but got cut off as the old store owner came back with the piece of jewelry in his hands.

"Here it is," he smiled and placed the piece before me on the counter. "The finest one we have."

"Great," I grinned and picked it up, observing it one last time before it went into it's box, just to make sure it was the right one. "It's perfect."

"Good," the man smiled and looked at Trace, "So should I wrap it up for you or would you like to see something else?"

"No," I told him, causing him to look back at me. "That'll be all."

"Okay then. I'll be right back," the old man smiled as I handed him my credit card and watched him process it through the till. I let out a long sigh as Trace looked at me with a skeptical look.

"Well for someone who just told Johnny he doesn't love Jen," Trace told me sarcastically and rolled his eyes. "That sure proved your point to a tee."

"Oh be quiet," I told him as the old man came back with a small black box.

"I'm just saying," Trace whispered back and grinned at the old man.

"Yeah well stop just saying," I hissed back and nodded at the old man who gave me he box.

"Here we go," the man told me and smiled. "Just sign here and you'll be good to go."

"Thanks," I nodded and looked over the receipt before signing it and passing it to the man.

"No problems. Have a nice day," he answered and I nodded before walking out the store, as Trace was still muttering in my ear. "DUDE STOP IT!"

"No," Trace snapped as we reached the car and climbed in.

"Why the hell not? You're giving me a headache," I told him and shook my head, this day was not supposed to be stressful. It was supposed to be relaxing and FUN.

"Because I thought the idea was not to let Johnny know how much you love Jen," Trace told me with a huff as I turned on the car.

"And your point would be?" I asked him angrily, pulling out of the parking spot.

"And my point is, that you buying a ten thousand dollar diamond ring is not helping with the plan," Trace said and leaned back. I looked at him and raised an eyebrow at him. "Look all I'm saying is that you should get her something a little less... extravagant."

"Extravagant? Is that what you think this is?' I asked him pointing to my breast pocket. "Well it's not okay. Yeah it might be a diamond and expensive but that's the point. It symbolizes that no matter what Jen is priceless to me ok? You can't put a price tag on her. And that's what I want to say with the ring and I think that does a pretty good job."

"Yeah but it also tells Johnny, look here I brought Jen an expensive birthday present even though I hate her," Trace pointed out.

"Fine," I gave in, finally getting his point, "I'll get her something a little less... expensive. Just so Johnny won't find out."

"Good," Trace smirked and crossed his arms across his chest. "And I know exactly what you can get."


"A puzzle?" I asked Trace and looked at him as if he was insane. "Yeah, that is so romantic."

"No. Not puzzle smart ass," Trace said smacking my shoulder as we pulled up outside the house. "A puzzle of a car."

"Yeah because that is so much better," I answered rolling my eyes and pulling into the garage and turning off the car.

"Dude," Trace sighed and stepped out the car. I followed suit and closed the garage doors. "You get her the puzzle of the car then hand her the keys to the actual car. It's sort of like a puzzle."

"Yes I figured that out," I told him before realizing what he actually said. "Wait, so I should buy her a car?"

"Duh," Trace laughed and slapped my back as we walked into the house.

"Ok," I nodded and walked into the kitchen. "So I get her a puzzle of a car then.."

"Then you wait for her reaction..." Trace continued.

"Why so she can shoot me?" I laughed and shook my head. "No thanks, why don't I just get her the car and forget about the bloody puzzle?"

"Man you're no fun!" Trace said and opened up the fridge to get himself a beer and passing me one. "It's called a surpise. You give her the puzzle, let wonder why you gave her a puzzle of a car with no car then... pause for dramatic effect.... you hand her the keys and let her go insane."

"Wow," I told him opening my drink. "That sounds... that just sounds stupid."

"It's called being romantic," Trace replied sarcastically rolling his eyes.

"Romantic? What weird up views do you have on romance?" I asked him, "That's just tacky."

"Come on man," Trace sighed and took a sip of his beer. "Just listen to me ok? She'll love it. Trust me."

"Ok," I told him and tried not to laugh in his face. "So what type of car do I get her smarty pants?"

"A Range rover. The new 2008 one. Didn't she say she wanted one?" he asked and I nodded.

"Yeah but we were just kidding around..." I began and Trace shook his head.

"I don't think she was man," Trace said, "You don't read women too well do you?"

"Well you're one to talk," I snapped back before realizing what I said. "Sorry."

"That's ok," Trace sighed and then let out a laugh. Man these people I was associated with were crazy. Laughing at all the serious stuff in their lives. I think they all need to be checked out.

"Are you okay?" I asked him and he looked at me. "Because both you and Jen seem to like laughing at all the serious stuff in your lives. Am I missing something?"

"No," he just shook his head. "You're just like me. Crap at reading women." Oh, I got it now.


September 12,2008


"Its my birthday!" Jen yelled jumping up and down on the bed. I rolled my eyes from down the hall and looked at Sara.

"I think Mommy is going crazy," I told the baby and smiled and Sara gurgled. I nodded and readjusted Sara on my hip before walking into the room to find Jen on the bed texting someone. "Happy Birthday Baby!"

"Hey," she said looking up.

"Say Happy Birthday to Momma Sara," I told Sara and watched as she just waved her arms and reached out for Jen. I passed her to Jen sitting her on Jen's lap. "This is for you."

"Thanks J, you could have wrapped it," Jen said examining the box with the bloody puzzle in it. I rolled my eyes. I hadn't even bothered wrapping it because well... it wasn't worth it. The bigger prize was waiting in the driveway.

"Just open it please," I told her, I wanted this to be over with so she didn't think I was crazy. She opened the box and emptied out the contents.

"Wow...a puzzle," she said unenthusiastically. Great, I knew this was a bad idea. I made a mental note to shoot Trace later.

"Here Sara and I will help you put it together," I said trying to get into it as well so she wouldn't get suspicious. I helped her with the puzzle and when we got half way through she finally got excited. I watched her put in the last piece and stare at the picture. Great now she had gone crazy. "Jen? Jen!"

"Huh?" She asked looking at me totally lost. I smiled and pulled out the key that was in my pocket. Holding it in front of her nose.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" She yanked the key out of my hands and handed me Sara before jumping off the bed and running down stairs. I rolled my eyes and laughed grabbing Sara and following Jen.

"Momma's definitely crazy," I told Sara as we walked down the stairs and out to the driveway to where Jen was standing staring at the black Range Rover parked in front of the house with a big bow around it.

"AHHHH...I CANT BELIEVE THIS IS MINE!" she said running to the car, causing me to laugh.

"I think mommy likes her gift."


"So did she like it?" Trace asked over the phone a bit later and I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah," I said, I hated to admit that he'd had a good idea. "So are you guys ready to go out?"

"Yeah we're getting ready," Trace replied with a laugh and I cringed. He and Shelia had been spending wayyyyy to much time together. "So did I have a good idea or what?"

"You had a good idea," I grumbled and shuffled from foot to foot. Man this was uncomfortable.

"What? I didn't quite..."

"I said it was a good IDEA."


Later that night.


"Why are you always passed out after sex?" Jen asked laying on my chest later on than night after dinner and GREAT sex. I shrugged and tried to sleep before feeling Jen's finger run along my lips causing me to take a playful bite. "Ahhh...Ha Ha. No biting its my birthday."

"Do you want me to respond to that?" I laughed and she shook her head.

"No...I know you're going to say something dirty," she said causing me to laugh harder.

"Love you," I told her opening my eyes and running my hands up her back.

"Love you too," she smiled and I sighed. This was perfect. The perfect time to give her her ACTUAL gift.

"I have one more gift," I said reaching over to open the drawer and pulling out the small purple box I had been hiding all week, holding it in front of her.

"What could top a car?" she asked and I smiled.

"This," I said opening the box.

"Its beautiful," she whispered looking at it and allowing me to take her left hand and pull the old crummy ring off her finger.

"This ring symbolizes a meaningless agreement..." I told her showing her the old ring, "To tell you the truth I was so mad and confused about what was going on I picked out the first ring I saw." I smiled and tossed the old ring onto the table. "This ring...." I continued pulling the new ring out of the box. "Symbolizes love, trust, honesty and commitment. I love you Jennifer Hudson-Timberlake." I slipped the new ring on her finger and watched her for a moment as she looked at the ring then back at me, before kissing me.

"I love you too."
update by angel_from_africa
ok guys just to let you know in light of certain events both megan and I were thinking of taking a break from the story due to respect for jennifer and her family. but we will probably post a chapter or two more then take a break. but as of now don't expect anything soon. but we may write something new just to keep you guys happy :) will keep you updated....
Chapter 11- Jen by angel_from_africa
Author's Notes:
ok so we're back!! after a long time!! enjoy!!
CHAPTER ELEVEN
JEN

After the heavy promotion my album and 'The Secret Lives of Bees' Justin and I finally got to go away on a vacation. We left his golf tournament in Vegas and went to Maui, that's where I picked. I figured since it was about to get cold we'd better go somewhere warm to enjoy it.

On the plane Justin was giving me the silent treatment. I had invited J.C. and his new girlfriend along with us. I told him that Justin and I were going on a vacation he mentioned how he was planing on taking one as well. So I invited him to come along. I turned to look at Justin playing with his phone and looking at the driver. I thought about the argument we had.

"Baby, scratch my beard." I reached over to scratch his beard and kissed his neck. I thought this was a good time to tell him.

"J...I need to tell you something."

"What is it?" He ran his hand up my leg, paying attention to the t.v.

"I invitedJ.C.andhisgirlfrendtomaui." I said really fast. He turned his head to me. Ok now he was mad.

"You did what?" He sat up against the head board.

"I invi-"

"I know what you did. Why?!"

"I thought it would be nice to have a friend along fo-"

"No, what you thought was, I'll just not tell Justin he wouldn't care since he always says yes to me... Not this time you need to discuss this with me first before doing something stupid like calling J.C."

"Whoa hold up." Time out! I got up off the bed. "Who do you think you're talking to?"

"I'm talking to you!"

"No, you're not talking to me! I'm not a child you don't talk down to me, I'm defiantly not one of those hoes you sleep with, I'm your wife-"

"My Wife doesn't go behind my back ask another man to come on a vacation...I'm going to get ice." He snatched the bucket of the table and the next thing I heard was the door slam. He didn't come back till close to 3:30 in the morning I could smell alcohol mix with an unfamiliar perfume.


We spent the next morning getting ready, only speaking to each other when we had to. Later that evening the car pulled into the hotel through the back and our chauffeur opened Justin's door while two bell boys got our bags. Justin helped me out of the car and as he did so two flashes went off, paps knew where you were at all times. Justin held my hand as we walked around the car, first contact we'd had all day. The hotel concierge led us to the elevator and leading us straight to our room.

"Welcome to Wailea Beach Villas Mr and Mrs Timberlake. I hope your visit will be a pleasurable one, my name is Keon if you need anything." He lead us to our suite. "Your suite is set as you requested Mr. Timberlake." Keon opened the door and Justin lead me in, followed by the bell boys.

"Thank you." While Justin tipped the bell boys I went to explore the room, it was beautiful. A full living room and kitchen. I walked into the bedroom that had a king size bed with pink and yellow rose petals. I sat my purse in the chair when a light flickered from the corner of my eye. I walked into the bathroom and was in awe.

The room was lit with candles and rose peatls all over the floor, around the tub and in it. I bent down to see if the water was warm, yep it was more than warm. He always went out of his way to do these kind of things.

"Damn Justin why you always do this," I said out loud to myself.

"Do what?" He leaned against the door frame.

"This!" I said waving my arms. "Maui, rose petals,candles."

"Because...you deserve it." He walked up to me invading my personal space. I examined his features, deep blue eyes, pink lips, his crazy beard every time he took a break he broke from shaving too. I couldn't help but smile. "Why are you smiling?"

"Because of this," I said pulling on his beard.

"You don't like it."

"I love it, its sexy it lets me see another side of you." I ran my fingers through it. He leaned in to me kiss me, I instantly wrapped my arms around his neck.

"I would like to see another side of you now," he whispered against my lips. He pulled me closer to him moving his hands under my shirt. I could feel the butterflies in my stomach, I had a feeling that tonight I was going to get closer to my husband then I ever had.


The next morning Justin and I sat out on that patio enjoying our breakfast. Our personal chef poured Justin's coffee and I turned my attention to the scenery it was absolutely beautiful.

"Damn I chose a good spot," I said breaking the silence.

"Yeah you did." He ran his hand up my inner thigh under the table. The chef offered me coffee but I declined. I watched the chef leave when I took a piece of bacon, leaned back in my chair and raised my leg laying it lazily on Justin's. Giving him a small peak. He smirked taking a bite of his eggs, I knew his mind drifted back to last night I know mine did. We had a very productive night, enjoy each other with a lot of apologizing. Justin's phone buzzed on the table.

"Hey man." I watched him talk on the phone and looked back at the chef who was busy cleaning up. I skillfully untied the knot of his robe with my toes and ran my foot down his chest. He looked at me as if I didn't know what I was doing. I took a bite of my beacon lowering my foot to his belly button playing with the little hairs. "We'll probably meet up with you around one?...yeah...ok bye."

"Who was that?"

"J.C. he said that he just got here."

"Here at the hotel?"

"Yeah." I nodded and looked back to see the chef gone.

"What should we do for the next three hours?"

"What do you have in mind?"
Chapter 12- Justin by angel_from_africa
CHAPTER TWELVE.
JUSTIN.

"Baby, scratch my beard," I told Jen as we sat watching TV a few nights later. Jen moved closer to me and scratched my beard before kissing my neck.

"J...I need to tell you something," she said slowly.

"What is it?" I asked and ran my hand up her leg slowly, too busy looking at the TV to notice her squirming.

"I invited J.C.andhisgirlfriendtomaui." I stopped what I was doing and turned to face her. Did I just hear right? Or was I going crazy?

"You did what?" I asked her sitting up, she looked away from me for a moment.

"I invi-" she began and I took a deep breath in.

"I know what you did," I told her and glared at her. "Why?"

"I thought it would be nice to have a friend along fo-" she tried again but I interrupted her.

"No what you thought was I'll just not tell Justin he wouldn't care since he always says yes to me. Not this time you need to discuss this with me first before doing something stupid like calling J.C," I told her. I was mad. Not at the fact that she didn't tell me but because it was JC. JC! How could she? She was crazy!

"Whoa hold up," she said getting off the bed. "Who do you think you're talking to?"

"I'm talking to you!" I told her, pointing at her. She shook her head in anger.

"No, you're not talking to me. I'm not a child, so you don't talk down to me, I'm definitely not one of those hoes sleep with, I'm your wife-" She ranted. Yeah my wife who never listens to a word I say about JC.

"My Wife doesn't go behind my back ask another man to come on a vacation," I snapped and got up out of bed grabbing the bucket of ice by the bedside. "I'm going to get ice."


Ok so I didn't really go get ice. I went to Trace's room and sat through three or four antagonizing hours of him flirting with Shelia. For some reason they had both decided to hang out tonight, and when I showed up they didn't look too pleased with me.

"T," I called and watched my best friend molest Jen's assistant, literally. "I'm going to my room to sleep."

"Ok," Trace nodded, he didn't even look up. I rolled my eyes and pulled myself out of the chair I was sitting in, nearly falling over as I did so causing Shelia to push Trace off her and stand up.

"Justin," she said and grabbed my arm as I made my way towards the door. "Why don't you just stay here? You're too drunk."

"I am not!" I snapped and shoved her away from me, causing Trace to stand up angrily and grab my other arm.

"Yeah you are," he said and I rolled my eyes at him.

"Like you care," I retorted, "Besides I know when I'm not wanted."

Trace sighed and looked at Sheila, "Can you call Tiny to come get him?"

"Ok," Shelia nodded and left the room to call Tiny. I glared at Trace who raised an eyebrow at me.

"So you wanna tell me what's going on?" he asked and I laughed in his face.

"Oh, so you care now?" I asked him bitterly.

"What do you mean?" he asked back and glared at me, "I wasn't the one who came storming in her like a crazy person and drinking themselves into oblivon okay? So just tell me what's going on."

"Fine," I sighed dramatically and looked around the room. "Jen invited JC to Maui with us."

"She did what?" Trace asked, taken aback for a moment.

"She asked JC to come on our honeymoon with us," I repeated.

"Are you serious?" Trace asked trying not to laugh and I rolled my eyes.

"Does it look as if I'm joking?" I snapped and slapped his shoulder as he burst out laughing. "It's not funny! How would you like it if it were you?"

"I wouldn't be here with you if it were me," Trace told me and shook his head. "I'd be trying to talk it out with my wife."

"Well then you don't know your wife," I told him just as Shelia walked in. "Jen thinks I over reacted."

"Well..." Trace began and I shook my head.

"Please don't say you agree with her ok?" I told him, "Because you know it's wrong."

"What's wrong?" Shelia asked me, coming up to us and wrapping an arm around Trace's waist.

"Inviting another man with you on your honeymoon," I told her pointedly before Trace could open his big mouth. "Would you do such a stupid thing?"

"Well.." Shelia began and I nodded.

"You see! Even she wouldn't do it!" I told Trace.

"Well I didn't actually..." Shelia tried again before there was a knock at the door allowing her to let out a long sigh. "I think Tiny is here."

"Well then," I smiled and gave a small bow, "I am gone. Gone to tell Jen what a bad idea this all was. Goodbye."


All the way to Maui I was quiet, silently hoping JC would call and somehow have some miracle that would force him to cancel and all the time Jen kept staring at me, hoping I would say something.

But once we got to the hotel, everything seemed to fade away when she saw the room I had booked for us and once we were left alone we began talking, forgetting all about a certain someone called J.C Chasez.

"Damn Justin why you always do this," Jen's voice called and I walked over to the bathroom where she was standing in awe of what lay before her.

"Do what?" I asked, leaning against the door frame.

"This!" She exclaimed waving her arms. "Maui, rose petals,candles."

"Because...you deserve it," I told her and walked up to where she was standing, causing her to smile. "Why are you smiling?"

"Because of this," she said pulling on my beard.

"You don't like it," I laughed and she shook her head.

"I love it," she replied running her fingers through it, "It's sexy. It lets me see another side of you."

I smiled and leaned in to kiss her, making her wrap her arms around my neck. I felt my whole body tingle and pulled her closer.

"I would like to see another side of you now," I whispered huskily against her lips and moved my hands under her shirt. I slowly helped her out of her shirt and let my lips make their way over to her ear. "You smell nice."

"You're not too bad yourself," she grinned and worked on the buttons of my shirt, but I stopped her. "Don't you want to join me?"

I shook my head, "This is all you baby." I smiled and kissed her again, slipping my hands behind her back and swiftly removing her bra, letting it fall to the ground. "Just get ready to relax ok?"

"Ok," she smiled, but as I turned to leave she clung to my hand. "Just..." I grinned and pulled her to me again, I knew she would not want me to leave her.

"Fine," I smiled and kissed her again, deeper than before and allowing my hands to softly knead her left breast, causing her to let out a really low moan. Quickly I helped her out of her jeans and pulled her panties over her hips, and as she stepped out of them I lifted her up off the floor, making her wrap her legs around my waist and pressing herself against my own jeans. I suppressed a moan and somehow managed to place her slowly in the tub.

Once she was in she looked up at me, expecting me to follow. I looked first at her then down at my fully clothed body, raising an eyebrow at her. She smirked and reached over to me, ripping my shirt off and kissing my hungrily before helping me out of the rest of my clothes.

"I'm sorry," she whispered in my ear as I kissed her back and climbed into the tub with her.

"It's ok," I whispered back, wrapping my arms around her waist and pulling her to me, pressing our bodies together. She let out a low moan as we slowly submerged ourselves into the water so that we were up to our waists in water.

I slowly let me hands move over her curves and down her body, between her legs and as I sat down in the tub, i pulled her closer and slid a finger into her. She groaned deeply and moved even closer to me, brushing her lips against mine.

"Justin," she hissed as my finger moved quickly but slowly within her folds.

"Jen," I panted back and kissed her deeply, letting my tongue into her open mouth and exploring her own tongue. I quickly and swiftly removed my finger, making Jen protest just a bit and pulling her on top of me so we were aligned. "Are you ready baby?" She nodded and lowered herself onto me. I let out a moan as the feel of her skin and the warm water hit me, she felt so good that I could feel her clenching tightly around me. "Shit."

"Is everything ok?" she asked, getting a bit off guard and I looked up at her. Nodding as she moved her hips in a figure eight around me.

"Yeah," I whispered and placed a hand behind her neck before pulling her to me and kissing her. "Perfect. You?"

"Same," she smiled and kissed me back. "I love you. I'm sorry."

"I'm sorry too," I answered back and kissed her again, harder and stronger. "I love you too. Now move with me baby."


About half an hour later we still lay in the tub, with her back against my chest.

"Damn we make such a mess," I laughed and kissed her neck. She laughed back and raised her hand to rub my cheek.

"Yeah but we had fun," she grinned and I nodded.

"We sure did," I whispered and nibbled on her shoulder before moving my lips up to her mouth and kissing her. "But I can always do with some more. Wanna move this to the bedroom?"

"Ok," she whispered as I moved my hand down her waist and between her legs. "In a bit."

"If you insist," I smirked and kissed her again, "But I won't be liable for my actions." She laughed and shook her head as I moved my hand further down and easily slipped my fingers into her, causing her to let out a short gasp.

"Justin!" she giggled and I kissed her neck, pretending I had no clue what she was protesting to.

"Hmm?" I murmured and let my fingers work their magic on her. She groaned and pressed herself to my hand. "Baby calm down." But I knew she wouldn't and smirked as she moved her hips more and more with me, lifting them off the bottom of the tub and allowing my to pull her closer so I could remove my fingers and enter her from behind.

She let out another soft moan as I entered her really slowly and moved her against me, leaning into her and kissing her neck as I did so.

"I love you too much," I told her and she nodded in agreement, too busy concentrating on the pleasure I was giving her before answering with a simple "me too."



The next morning, we had managed to move to the bedroom and continued to enjoy each other both inside and out before passing out, we were sitting at the patio enjoying our breakfast when JC decided to call.

"Hey man," I answered as I picked it up, I didn't want to get Jen angry with me already.

"Uh, hey.." JC replied sounding unsure of why I was being so damn nice to him. "So we just got in..."

"Yeah ok," I nodded and watched Jen as she skillfully managed to untie my robe with her toe and ran her foot down my chest to the belly button, playing with the little hairs.

"Yeah so you guys wanna meet up later?" He asked and I nodded.

"Yeah, we'll probably meet up with you around one?" I asked.

"Yeah in the lobby?" he replied and again I nodded.

"Yeah ok bye." And I hung up before he could talk anymore and I could focus on my wife.

"Who was that?" she asked once I placed the phone down on the table. I shrugged and looked at her with a smile.

"J.C. he said that he just got here," I replied and played with her toes.

"Here at the hotel?"

"Yeah," I said slowly and she nodded before checking to make sure the chef had disappeared.

"What should we do for the next three hours?" she smirked and I grinned back.

"What do you have in mind?" I said and pulled her closer to me by her foot before swiftly and gently moving her onto my lap. She giggled and moved in to kiss me.

"Oh trust me," she murmured against my lips. "You'll enjoy it."
Chapter 13- Jen by angel_from_africa
CHAPTER THIRTEEN.
JEN.

I was sitting poolside watching two little girls play marco polo, making me think of Kia and I when we use to play as little girls so I began to draw a sketch of them when J.C. came up.

"Hey Jenn."

"Hey." I watched him sit in the beach chair next to me. "Where's Justin?"

"He said he had to stop by your room for something." I nodded and continued with my sketching.

"Are these yours?" He reached over, picking up my black leather folder with some of my drawings peaking out. I smiled and nodded watching him examine them. I was nervous, the only people who knew about them were my family and Kia, I hadn't let Justin see them yet. "They're beautiful."

"Thanks, its something I do when I'm relaxing."

"I paint."

"Really?"

"Mostly oil painting, it's like when I'm painting everything that happened that day disappears."

"Same for me, other than singing...it's like my safe haven ya know?" I said looking in his eyes and couldn't help but get lost in them.

"Yeah I do," he whispered staring back. I turned my attention back to the papers in front of me.

"J.C.?" J.C's girlfriend Ashley came over in a black tiny bikini. She sat on the end of his chair and pecked his lips. I watched their interaction with each other, J.C. seemed crazy about her.

"Hi Jennifer."

"Hi, have you seen Justin?" I wondered what was taking him so long.

"Here he comes," she said pointing to the entrance. I watched him walk down the stairs clean shaved, wearing a blue polo and swim trunks towel around his neck.

"What took you so long?" I asked when he came over.

"I had to change," he said sitting down at the end of my chair. J.C. handed me my papers and I put them in my folder.

"Baby come in the water with me," Ashley said pulling J.C's arm.

"Jenn did you bring the lotion?"

"Yeah." I reached in my purse pulling it out. J pulled his shirt off and I raised my dress up my thighs moving up behind him and kissing his neck. "Why you shave?" I poured lotion in my hand.

"I got tired of you pulling on it." I laughed rubbing lotion on his back and moved to his chest.

"You liked it," I whispered in his ear. He ran his hands up my legs.

"Yeah I did." He turned his head over his right shoulder I pecked his lips.

"Done," I said leaning back and pulling my strapless dress up over my chest. Justin stood up turning to me rubbing his chest making it even.

"You getting in the water?" He asked.

"Just my feet I'm not getting my hair wet." I followed him and sat on the edge of the pool watched him walk down the pool stairs and swim to where I was.


That Evening 11:35


You're gonna be a shining star, in fancy clothes, and fancy ca-ars.

And then you'll see, you're gonna go far,

Cause everyone knows, just who you are-are.


So live your life, ay ay ay.

Your steady chasing that paper,

Just live your life (Oh!), ay ay ay.

You got no time for no hata's

Just live your life (Oh!), ay ay ay.

No telling where it'll take ya,

Just live your life (Oh!), ay ay ay.

Cause I'm a paper chaser,


T.I.'s Live Your Life blared in the club. Justin , J.C. Ashley, and I partied in the VIP section of this new club. Justin and I grinned against each other, having a good time. The song changed to Justin's My Love. Justin pulled me close to him when J.C. came up.

"Hey man can I cut in?" I looked at J and I could tell he wanted to say no.

"Sure," I said before he could answer. I looked and Justin quietly telling him it was ok.


2:40am


The bell rang and the doors opened, the guests got off I walked in going to my corner and Justin to his. Justin got in an argument with J.C. at the club luckily no one heard them. Once we made it to our floor I walked straight into our room opening it letting it close on Justin.

I sat my purse on the counter and walked into the bedroom and into the closet. I changed into t-shirt and sweats.

"Jenn I'm sorry." J leaned against the closet door frame.

"I know you are." I walked past him and into bed.


I was sitting on the couch messing with the web cam trying to fix it so I can see Sara for the first time in four days.

"Jaaay! I need your help." Justin came in talking on his phone.

"Mamma said she's ready."

"We'll be ready too if you'll help me."

"I told you what to do." Justin fixed it and Lynn poped up on the screen

"Your such a butt hole." He was really annoying me

"Yeah but you love me." He pecked my lips and sat next to me."Hey Mamma."

"Hey looks like you two are having a good time."

"We're having a blast," Justin said smiling.

"Good, here comes Ms Sara." Paul sat her down on Lynn's lap.

"Dadda!" she squealed at the screen.

"Hey Munchkin." Justin's eyes were lit up.

"Who's that?" Lynn said pointing.

"Mama!" Everyone lauaghed at the way she said my name.

"Hi baby I miss you."


Later that night J.C.,Ashley,Justin and I went to dinner together and during dinner J.C. was acting a little strange, like he didn't want to be there. I don't know if he was upset with Justin about last night or tired of being here.

"Did you notice J.C. tonight?" I asked as we walked in to our villa.

"No why?"

"He just seemed not interested in our conversation," I said taking off my earrings walking in to the room.

"Maybe he had something on his mind." I fiddled with my zipper Justin moved my hands pulling down my zipper.

"Maybe." Justin kissed my neck pulling me close to him. His right hand moved to between my legs.

"J not tonight, we need a break."

"OK," He said going over to the closet.

"That's it? No groping trying to convince me?"

"Nope."

"Wow!"

"Plus I think my dick is gonna fall off if we keep going like we have," he said from the closet

"Justin Timberlake! I wouldn't want your fans to know you ain't puttin it down."

"OOH!" The door bell rang before he could respond. "I'll get it, I'm not done with you." He hit my bare behind.

"OW!" I walked back into the closet getting a cute nightie when I heard J.C's voice.

"I want to talk to her."

"For what?" I put my robe on and walked into the living room. "Go home J.C. you have a girlfriend stop coming after my wife!"

"OR What?" Justin walked up to J.C's but face luckily I got there in time.

"Justin!" I went over to him putting my hand on his chest. "It's ok, just give us a minute."

"No, what ever he wants to say he can say in front of me." I just nodded my head, he is the head of our family and he had the right to know.

"What is it J.C.?"

"I really need to speak to you in private."

"Well you can't, so you have five minutes." He looked at Justin then me.

"I know why you were attacked."

"What do you mean?"

"Hannah was stalking Justin before the break in..." I felt my heart drop in my stomach. "Justin knew that Hannah was dangerous and didn't do anything ab-"

"J.C. can you leave please." I knew it had to be true because J didn't deny it.

"I'm really sorry Jenn." I watched him turn around and walk out the door.

"You promised me." My nose started to burn and my eyes welled up with tears. I turned to face him and he wouldn't even look me in the eyes. "I want you to tell me every detail from beginning to the end." I moved to the couch. I was tired of running, been there done. I watched him pull a chair and sat it in front of me. We spent the whole night of him telling me everything from the time she tried to make moves on him back in Australia to him knocking on her door that night.


The next day was somber we spoke I was pleasant considering the news I received the night before. When he would reach out to touch me I would tense up something he definitely noticed.

"Are you afraid of me Jennifer?" We were in the middle of a silent dinner he chose to speak.

"You packed for tomorrow?" I asked standing up taking his plate and mine.

"I'll pack in the morning." I scraped the food in the trash he barely touched his.

"Food wasn't good?" I put them in the sink and washed my hands.

"I wasn't that hungry." He put his hands in his pockets.

"Why'd you stay for dinner?"

"To be close to you," he said taking the towel out of my hands lacing our fingers together. "I'm sorry, please forgive me."

"I already did." I pulled my hands away and headed to the bedroom.

"Jenn!"

"I said I know Justin," I sighed climbing into bed.

"I don't think you do," He said and watched me pull the covers over my head. "Jen."

"Justin seriously... Just go to bed," I grumbled and swatted his hands away as he tried to pull down the covers.

"Fine," He snapped and grabbed a pillow from behind him before clambering off the bed. "If you'd rather listen to that moron JC then I'm sleeping on the couch!"

"He's not a moron," I called after him as he walked out of the room. "At least he told me the truth." I said to my self letting sleep come over me.


Justin used his key to open the front door to let us in.

"Mom!?"

"In the kitchen!" Justin led us through the foyer and family room to the kitchen on the way I could hear Sara blabbing to her grandmother. "Look who's here!"

"Ma-ma!" She waved her little arms squealing.

"Hey baby, mommy missed you." I picked her up and kissed her puffy cheeks. She laughed at Justin over my shoulder making funny faces. I passed her to him.

"Did you have a good trip?" Lynn asked putting what looked like cookies in the oven.

"It was great." I lied.

"Justin?"

"Yeah...it was good." He smiled and looked at me.

"I'm glad y'all enjoyed yourselves Im going to go get her bags." I turned to Justin who was busy playing with Sara.


Justin pulled the car in the driveway and parked the car. I opened my door getting out opening the back seat of the passenger side.

"That's ok I got her," Justin said passing me the keys and her bags. Once inside I put her bags by the steps and put her cookies on the kitchen counter.

"I'm heading over to Trace's!"

"Ok." I went back in the foyer when he was heading out the door with Sara.

"Wait leave Sara..."

"We'll be only a few minutes." Who did he think was going over Trace's? I hadn't had any time with Sara!

"I haven't had any time with her!"

"I said we'll only be a few minutes," He said slamming the front door.

A few minutes my ass. He was gone for two hours and I was sitting in the living room reading a magazine when I heard the garage door go up. I went into the kitchen and waited for him to come through the door when he did I grabbed a sleeping Sara from his arms and ran to her room enjoying my time with her.


"So how's the fam?" Kia asked over the phone. We've been keeping touch over the phone for the past month its nice to talk to her again we decided to keep things in the past and move on.

"Hey can I ask you a question do you remember Hannah from Australia?"

"Yeah, why?"

"She's the one who broke into the house."

"What!? really?"

"Yeah."

"I remember you telling me how she was trying to be all over Justin, when I was there. She was hanging around this girl, ummm she was tall, brunette, almost flat chested, don't ask me why I remember that part." I let out a giggle. "Anyway I can't remember her name I want to say Shely?"

"Shely?" When she said Shely and the person she described it sounded a lot like Ashley. "You mean Ashley?"

"That's it." I started to put the pieces together.

"You know what girl. Im'a have to call you back." I had to tell Justin about this new revelation.
Chapter 14- Justin by angel_from_africa
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
JUSTIN.

"Jen!"

"I said I know Justin," Jen sighed climbing into bed the next day. I sighed and clambered in after her. This day had just gotten worse. I had woken up to Jen still being mad at me. We had gone out yesterday and Mr smart ass JC decided to come over and spill the beans on me by telling Jen the whole Hannah situation. I wondered how he found out anyway, because I definitely hadn't told him.

"I don't think you do," I told her and watched her pull the covers over her head. "Jen."

"Justin seriously... Just go to bed," Jen grumbled and swatted my hands away as I tried to pull down the covers.

"Fine," I snapped and grabbed a pillow from behind me before clambering off the bed. "If you'd rather listen to that moron JC then I'm sleeping on the couch!"

"He's not a moron," Jen called after me as I walked out of the room. I rolled my eyes and placed the pillow down on the couch before going in search of the spare sheets that lay in the cupboard, the whole time ignoring Jen.

Once I gotten comfortable I pulled out my phone and dialed Trace's number, this day was in need for an emergency call.

"Hello?" Trace sounded annoyed when he picked up the phone. I groaned and rolled my eyes.

"T? What are you doing?" I asked him and leaned back in the couch. "I hope you're not too busy because we have an emergency."

"What did you do this time?" Trace asked and I shook my head, why was he always thinking I did something?

"It's not what I did," I answered and looked over my shoulder. "It's what that moron JC did."

"What did he do now that can't wait till morning J?" Trace asked me angrily, "I'm kindda in the middle of...."

"He ruined my anniversary!" I cut him off before he could finish his sentence. "He decided to tell Jen about Hannah."

"Hannah?" Trace asked, suddenly sounding interested. I rolled my eyes.

"Yes," I snapped and rubbed my hand over my face. "He told her that I knew Hannah and broken into the house that day."

"How the fuck did he find out about that?" Trace asked me shocked.

"How do I know? I didn't tell him," I retorted, "And we are the only two who know about it. Wait, did you tell him?"

"Why would I? I don't even talk to him," Trace replied and I sighed. He was right, he and JC didn't even really get along.

"Well then how did he find out?" I asked Trace.

"Hell if I know," Trace muttered, "So what did Jen say?"

"She yelled at me," I answered and sighed. "She refused to even hear my side of the story!"

"Really?" Trace asked and I knew he didn't believe me. Well she did hear me but JC kept on butting in and telling her how I was not protecting her. He was also very persistent a few nights ago, even threatening me with my life if I didn't tell Jen about Hannah.

"Yes," I told him, "And then he proceeded to threaten me."

"He did what?" Trace laughed and I sighed.

"He threatened me ok? And it's not funny it's serious," I answered. "He told me I better tell her or he would have my life."

"He did not," Trace laughed harder.

"He did," I persisted as he continued to laugh at me. "Look, I called for some sympathy not for a few laughs ok? So if you're going to continue..."

"No no I'm sorry ok?" Trace sobered up, "So he threatened you?"

"Yeah he did," I answered and let out a long sigh. "I mean ok I should have told Jen but was it necessary for him to threaten me like that?"

"JC is an idiot," Trace stated and I nodded.

"Yeah he is," I agreed and felt my eyes closing. "God I need to sleep."

"Yeah you do that," Trace yawned from his end, "And try talk to Jen in the morning. When you're calmer."


So the next morning I woke up with a killer neck ache. I winced and rubbed the back of my neck just as Jen walked in.

"Hey," I grumbled and she rolled her eyes at me before walking into the kitchen to get a drink. I slowly got up and followed her. "Jen? Jen!"

"Don't yell at me Justin," Jen answered calmly pulling a bottle of water out of the fridge. "Have you packed yet?"

"Well I just got up... so no," I answered bitterly and rubbed my neck some more.

"What's wrong with your neck?" she asked, ignoring my tone and I stared at her. "Is it hurting?"

"No. I just like to rub it," I rolled my eyes at her and turned to leave.

"Justin." I felt her hand on my arm and stood still for a moment.

"What?" I asked her.

"Let me take a look at it ok?" she said and placed her free hand on the nape of my neck, causing me to flinch in pain. "I'll rub it with some cream."

"Yeah ok," I gave in and sat down on the nearest chair, allowing her to rub my neck for a bit. We didn't speak for a long time, but after a few minutes she stopped rubbing.

"Uh, I think the cream's in the bedroom," she said hesitantly and pulled her hand away. I nodded and dared not move as I heard her walk away and call to me a few moments later. "Justin?"

I got up and slowly made my way to the bedroom.

"Yeah?" I asked as I entered the room to find her sitting on the bed with a bottle of cream in her hand.

"Sit," she instructed softly and tapped the spot on the bed beside her. I nodded and silently made my way over to her to sit down.

"So.." I began as she applied the cool cream to the back of my neck. "Did you call mamma and Sara?"

"Yeah," she answered slowly, probably wondering where I was going with this. "Told them when we'll be in."

"Cool," I nodded and winced as a pain shot down my back. "Crap."

"Did I hurt you?" Jen asked concerned and I shook my head.

"No, just pain," I answered and looked down at my feet.

"Oh," she said and finished applying the cream,"Uh, I'll help you pack up."

"You don't have to," I said quickly getting up but then sitting back down again as a pain shot through my back.

"Yeah I do," she whispered and got off the bed before grabbing my bag from the closet and filling it up with clothes.


When we got home the first thing I did was grab Sara from Jen and run out the door to meet Trace. I knew Jen wasn't that happy when I did but I needed to be around my daughter and best friend, not my wife.

"Man you're an idiot," Trace told me the moment Sara and I stepped though the door. I rolled my eyes at him and placed Sara down on the floor with her stuffed giraffe. "If you want Jen to stop being mad at you then you shouldn't have kidnapped her child."

"She's my daughter too," I argued and made a funny face at Sara, getting her to laugh. "Besides I haven't seen the kid in a week."

"Neither has Jen," Trace pointed out.

"Yeah I know," I said and got out Sara's blanket so she could sit on something clean. "But you know."

"No I don't," he said and helped me spread the blanket then picked up Sara and placed her on the blanket. "I thought the plan was to get Jen to talk to you again?"

"And she is," I replied with a smug grin, Trace rolled his eyes.

"Well she won't anymore," he grumbled, I just rolled my eyes back.


I think Trace can read minds or something, because when we got back to the house Jen grabbed Sara from me and locked herself in the nursery. I followed and tried to break in.

"Jen!"

"Go away Justin!" She yelled back and I heard her singing again. I sighed and kicked the door. "Don't do that!"

"Sorry!" I apologized. "But we need to talk! So open up!"

"No!"

"Yes!"

"No!"

"Fine!" I snapped and walked away, but turned back around again quickly and listened. There was silence. "Jen?"

This time she didn't answer, she knew I was being annoying and was playing with it. I sighed and lent against the wall before sliding down and sitting there for most of the night.


"Justin!" I was shaken awake violently and opened my eyes.

"W-wha?" I asked and saw Jen standing over me with concern on her face.

"Have you been sitting out here all this time?" she asked and I checked my watch. It was the next day even.

"You didn't come out," I told her and tried to get up, but winced as I felt a pain shoot up my spine. "We need to talk."

"First the couch, then the plane, then the floor?" she asked helping me up, "Are you trying to paralyze yourself?"

"Well at this rate.." I grumbled.

"You need to be in a bed to cushion your back," she told me.

"But!" I protested and stopped short as she tried to pull me away.

"What?" she asked and placed a hand on her hip.

"I wanna see Sara," I said and Jen sighed.

"She's not here," she replied bluntly and I felt my face fall. "Your mom came and picked her up a few minutes ago. She told me to wake you up and put you to bed."

"Why didn't you wake me up then?" I asked angry that mamma had come and gone without me ever knowing.

"Because you looked tired and I didn't want to fight in front of your mother," Jen snapped, "Now go to bed and stop complaining."

"I'm not..." I began and she shook her head.

"Just go ok?" she asked pleadingly, "Please? For me and Sara?" And so I went without much of a fight anyways.


So I finally figured it out, Jen just wanted me to get angry but she refused to fight. I think she was just either a) tired or b) fed up with me. I figured she was just fed up with me. When I woke up for the second time that day I got a call, and it was from Johnny.

"Justin!"

"Yes?" I asked wearily sitting up and rubbing my eyes.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Johnny boomed.

"Tell you what?" I asked, because I was completely lost.

"Tell me about the break in," Johnny replied.

"What are you talking about? I told you about it as soon as it happened," I answered even more confused, because I had told him the minute it happened.

"Yes," Johnny replied eerily calm. "But you didn't tell me about Hannah." Then I knew JC needed to be shot.

"JC told you didn't he?" I asked sarcastically. "I knew he would, he has a habit of running his mouth lately."

"At least he informed me," Johnny answered not even bothering to deny it. "Unlike some people. Why didn't you tell me Justin? We could have handled it."

"I didn't know she would go berserk on me," I answered angrily. "I'm not psychic you know."

"What do you mean berserk?" Johnny asked, now he was lost.

"Oh didn't JC tell you?" I asked with a snap. "Or did he only tell you what an ass I was to Jen? He likes doing that."

"What do you mean berserk?" Johnny asked again, totally ignoring my JC comment.

"She was pushing herself on me ok?" I answered finally, "And when I told her to bugger off she snapped and went after my family."

"So why didn't you tell me?" Johnny asked sympathetically, I wondered why he was so concerned all of a sudden.

"I did," I lied, "Actually I told Trace and Tiny. They said you knew."

"Well I didn't," Johnny answered, going back to being angry. He was getting annoyed with my tone.

"Well I'm surprised," I said, "After we banned her from coming anywhere near me or Jen. I thought you'd notice."

"Well I didn't," Johnny snapped back, "So don't snap at me, I have enough on my plate worrying about your behavior with Jen."

"What behavior?" I asked now confused.

"You've been real gittery every time I ask about her," Johnny answered, "And I was wondering..."

"Well don't," I answered, "Because there's nothing to worry about ok? Just the fact that JC can't keep his trap shut."

"Don't speak about him like that Justin," Johnny warned, "At least he's concerned about you and Jen." Then I laughed.

"Concerned?" I asked, now I was going insane. "Really? Is that what we're calling it these days?"

"What would you call it?" Johnny wanted to know, "He told me that he was concerned because Hannah had broken into the house and that you had found out about it."

"Oh he did?" I said not believing a word, "Sure he did."

"He did," Johnny reaffirmed, "He also added that we should do something about security so it wouldn't happen again."

"Uh huh," I nodded and yawned, "What else did he lie about?"

"Justin!" Johnny yelled. "Look I know you don't really believe that JC is truly concerned about your safety but he is ok? That's why he told me he said you wouldn't believe him if he told you himself."

"Well he was right," I answered, "Because I don't."
Chapter 15- JEN by angel_from_africa
Author's Notes:
Ok guys here's the next chapter will have a few more by monday :) it's been a while but i've been away.... so enjoy!!
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
JEN.

The next morning I told Justin about what Kia told me about Ashley and Hannah as usual he was upset but more at the fact that I was talking to Kia again I really couldn't understand why that is still an issue with him I've learn to forgive maybe not forget but he could at least try to make an effort.
We've been planning Sara’s birthday party ever since we got home from Maui its been mostly Justin making the plans trying to schedule it around the time he will be heading to New York for business next week.

"What do you mean Ashley knows about Hannah?" Justin asked me with wide eyes. "How?"
"Apparently they were hanging out in Australia," I answered he almost dropped the balloons he was holding.
"What do you mean apparently?" He asked, Here we go.
"Well according to Kia.." I began I could see Justin ears perk up
"Kia? Well then.." He started I just sighed getting frustrated.
"Justin," I placed my hand on his arm, "It's over ok? We're over it."
"Well I'm not," he said turning away from me. "She hurt my best friend. She hurt you. How can you be so forgiving to her?"
"Because we've been friends for a long time," What did he expect for me to not talk ever again did he forget that I had a best friend as well I watched him shake his head.
"So?" What did he mean So. "If it were Trace that did that to me or her... The point is I wouldn't forgive him ok?"
Yeah right, I said in my head.
"I know but I'm not you," I replied softly. I missed my friend and I wanted to mention about Trace forgiving him but I knew that would start another argument and today wasn't about us it was about our baby. Justin was busy with the balloons when my phone rang in the kitchen.
"Hello?"
"Hey, were on our way with the cake be there in five."
"OK see you then." I walked back into the living room.
"Where is Trace anyway? Wasn't he supposed to be here with the damn cake already?" J asked.
"Shelia just called," I said and walked up behind him. "They'll be here in a few moments." Just as the words came out of my mouth the door bell rang.
"Thank God!" Justin went to the door. I was busy curling the streamers on the balloons when my phone rang. I looked at the caller id.
"Hey."
"We're at the side door." I walked in the kitchen and opened the side door for Trace.
"Birthday cake for MS Sara."
"Great just put on the counter. Hey girl." I smiled and gave Sheila a hug. I followed behind Trace and Shelia watching him take the brown cover off. "Wow it's beautiful." I looked down at the Dora Explora theme cake with Sara's name written in purple. "It looks better than in the picture Justin showed me."
"I know right," Shelia said sitting down putting her purse on the stool.
"Where's Justin?" Trace asked.
"He went to see who's at the door. Let me go see what he's up to." I was walking to the door when I heard Justin arguing with who sounded J.C.
"It is when both Jen and Sara's lives.."
"I know okay?" Justin yelled. "Look man..."
"Justin?" I yelled.
"What?" He turned to face me, ignoring JC. "I'm a bit busy right now..."
"Trace and Shelia are here with the cake," I whispered and avoided eye contact with both Justin and JC. This felt really awkward. "Ok. Come in man," J told JC and let him into the house. "I'm going out back to help T with the cake. Jen can you give Jayce a drink or something? Keep him out of my brain."
Has he lost him mind? I didn't really want J.C. here because I knew it would cause problems between J.C. and Justin but that's the thing it wouldn't be a problem if it wasn't for me, these two have been friends since they were teenagers.
"Come on J.C let me show you were to put your gift." I walked J.C. to the living room when I heard Trace yell.
"Hey J! Where's the liquor!"

Later that day everyone came. All the guys from Nsync were here and Lynn and Paul as well as other close friends and family. Sara looked so cute in her lavender outfit.
We all sat down in the living room and opened gifts which I opened and Justin read the cards. Justin sang happy birthday to his baby it was just a really great day. I was picking up the last bit of trash when I felt two strong arms warp around my waist.
"I miss you," he whispered in my ear.
"You miss me? I'm right here," I said putting the broom against the kitchen wall.
"No I miss talking to you in the middle of the night, I miss kissing you when ever I felt like it, and I miss my wife." I turned around and saw how sincere he was.
"I missed you too," I said pecking his lips. I started to think about the past year what we've been through together and a year ago we lost my best friend.
"Jen, baby?"
I looked at the clock on the microwave 12:07.
"Today was the day we lost Crystal." I felt my chest tighten.
"Come on," Justin said pulling me towards the stairs.
Chapter 16- Justin by angel_from_africa
CHAPTER SIXTEEN.
JUSTIN.

"What do you mean Ashley knows about Hannah?" I asked Jen with wide eyes. "How?"

"Apparently they were hanging out in Australia," Jen answered and I nearly dropped the bag of balloons I was holding.

"What do you mean apparently?" I asked, all I could remember was Hannah stalking me.

"Well according to Kia.." Jen began and my ears perked up.

"Kia? Well then.." I started and Jen sighed.

"Justin," she said and placed a hand on my arm, "It's over ok? We're over it."

"Well I'm not," I told her and turned away from her. "She hurt my best friend. She hurt you. How can you be so forgiving to her?"

"Because we've been friends for a long time," Jen sighed and I shook my head.

"So?" I asked her. "If it were Trace that did that to me or her... The point it I wouldn't forgive him ok?"

"I know but I'm not you," Jen replied softly as I kept my back to her and picked the balloons back up before walking around the living room putting things where they needed to be.

"Where is Trace anyway? Wasn't he supposed to be here with the damn cake already?" I asked, changing the subject already. I was too stressed out with this party, I didn't need to worry about Kia, Hannah and whoever as well.

"Shelia just called," Jen muttered and walked up behind me. "They'll be here in a few moments." Just as she spoke the door bell rang and I let out a long sigh.

"Thank God!" I muttered and made a beeline for the door, only to open it and see the last person I wanted to. "What the hell are you doing here?"

"Hey J," JC grinned as if nothing had happened between us since he decided to join me on my honeymoon with my wife and his crazy girlfriend. "Can I come in?"

"Can you come in?" I repeated and shook my head. "No you can not come in. What made you think it was okay for you just to waltz up in here like nothing happened?"

"I just.." he began and I glared at him with arms crossed. He looked down at his shoes. "I broke up with Ashley and..."

"How dare you mention her name?" I snapped, causing him to look up at me totally confused before it registered in his thick head. "So is that how you found out and decided to rat me out?"

"I did not rat you out okay?" he snapped back, now he was angry at me too. "I did it because I care for you like a brother."

"Oh really? Then why did you decide to bring her with you to Maui?" I asked sarcastically.

"She told me about Hannah while in Maui. We broke up that day I came to tell Jen. The day I found out," JC answered glaring back at me.

"Then why did you tell Jen all that stuff about me?" I asked him.

"Because it's true. You knew Hannah was dangerous and didn't do anything about it!" JC retorted.

"I did ok? You weren't there. So don't go making assumptions ok?" I answered.

"Am I really making assumptions J?" JC questioned with a raised eyebrow. "If you did do anything about it how come she still managed to break in?"

"How am I supposed to know?" I asked, "I'm not her babysitter. She had a restraining order against her. It's not my problem if she wanted to break it."

"It is when both Jen and Sara's lives.." JC began but I cut him off.

"I know okay?" I basically yelled and let out a frustrated sigh. "Look man..."

"Justin?" It was Jen and she was standing behind me with an angry look on her face.

"What?" I asked her and turned to face her, ignoring JC. "I'm a bit busy right now..."

"Trace and Shelia are here with the cake," she whispered and avoided eye contact with both me and JC. I sighed and turned back to JC.

"Ok. Come in man," I told him and let him into the house. I knew Jen was still mad at him but I didn't care. We needed to finish our conversation and maybe it would work better around other people. "I'm going out back to help T with the cake. Jen can you give Jayce a drink or something? Keep him out of my brain."

Jen looked at me, so did JC, they were both thinking I was mental. I shrugged and ran through the house to find Trace and the cake.


"Here's the birthday girl!" Mamma smiled as she brought Sara into the room and everyone oohed. She did look so cute in her green and pink giraffe pajamas. I felt so proud.

"And here's the proud daddy," Trace joked coming up from behind me and slapping my back. "You look like a moron."

"Why?" I asked him, looking around the room to see JC sulking in the corner. "Because I love my women?"

"No because you're grinning like a kid on Christmas morning," Trace laughed and walked past me to Jen. "So, can we sing the kid happy birthday yet?"

"Oh yeah!" Shelia piped in a bit too enthusiastically. "Why don't her daddy and uncles sing her a little something?" I groaned inwardly and shook my head. Jen smiled and turned to look at me.

"Yeah J," she said, "Why don't you?" She took Sara from mamma and handed her to me. I looked at the baby, who looked at me expectantly.

"Uh ok," I nodded and looked around me for the guys. "Guys?"

"What shall we sing?" Joey asked as a joke and everyone laughed, before someone mentioned with a sarcastic tone that we needed to sing happy birthday. I noticed it was JC, he was still grumpy as heck. Luckily Chris slapped his shoulder. I smirked.

"Yeah," I nodded and looked back at my daughter. "Happy birthday." All the guys agreed and slowly we began singing, with Jen quipping in from time to time. When the song was done Trace pushed me towards the table gently.

"Ok," he said with a laugh, "Now the kid's gotta make a wish."

"Come on munchkin," I told Sara and lifted her up so she could see the Dora shaped cake. "Let's make a wish."

"Yeah Sar-Sar," Jen said walking up to us, "Make a wish. Before daddy steals it." I looked at Jen and noticed the smile on her lips, I wondered why she looked so damn happy. Then I remembered it was Sara's birthday.

"I won't steal it," I said a bit defensively and everyone laughed. "Don't listen to mommy Sara, just make a wish."

"Da-Da!" Sara squealed, reaching her hands out towards the cake and causing everyone to laugh. I chuckled and kissed her forehead.

"Well thank you baby," I told her, "And your wish will come true. Daddy will always be there for you."


"Jen?"

"Hmm?" Jen turned around in the bed and faced me, leaning her head on her hand.

"Uh..." I found myself tongue tied and I just grinned like a monkey at her. These past few days she'd been so great and understanding, it kinda got me in a sappy mood. Once she found out about Hannah, instead of going crazy she was nice and concerned for me, taking the time out to make sure I was okay. I didn't really get it but I liked it.

"Justin," Jen said, placing a hand on my cheek and snapping me out of my daze.

"Yeah?" I asked and she smiled at me before kissing me.

"What's wrong?" she asked, this time there was a hint of concern in her voice. I smiled and shook my head, kissing her back.

"Nothing," I told her, "Just thinking about how wonderful this year has been."

"Yeah me too," she agreed but I knew she was lying. I knew she still thought about Crystal. Instinctively I reached forward and wrapped an arm around her waist, pulling her to me.

"No you weren't," I whispered in her ear and kissed the side of her head. "You still miss her?"

"Yeah," Jen whispered and I could hear the tears in her voice. "I can't help it."

"It's ok," I assured, rubbing her back gently. "It's good you think about her, that way when Sara is older we can tell her about what a wonderful woman her mother was."

"Yeah we can," Jen repeated but I knew something was still plaguing her. I sighed and looked down at her. She placed her head on my shoulder and closed her eyes.

"Jen?"

"Can we just go to sleep?" Jen asked so quietly I had to strain to hear her.

"Yeah," I grumbled, even though I wanted to pursue the conversation I knew it wouldn't happen. It wasn't long before I heard Jen's breathing even out and when I did I knew it was ok. I climbed out of bed and made my way to Sara's room, all of a sudden feeling a little down myself.
Chapter 17- Jen by angel_from_africa
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN.
JEN.

New Years 2008.

"Jennifer?!"

"What?!" I knew that tone of voice and he never used my full name unless he was mad or frustrated...Right now he's frustrated.

"I can't find my other sock."

"Look under the dresser," I said finishing putting on my mascara. Justin myself and Sara spent Christmas in Chicago and we were getting ready for New Years service at my home Church.

"Got it!" I walked out of the bathroom and into the bedroom trying to zip up the back of my dress. Justin came behind me zipping me up.

"Is Sara ready?"

"Yep."

"OK let’s go."


Couple days later.


"Five more...four...three...two...one." My new year’s resolution for 2009 was to tone up I didn't want to loose a lot of weight I had to represent for my curvy ladies. So I hired a trainer last month to help me out. When I told Justin what I wanted to do he was all for it he said I was beautiful and didn't need it, whatever makes me happy, but his views changed when Charles came over.


Flash back.


"He's here!" Shelia yelled running to the door. I laughed biting into another piece of chocolate giving the other half to Sara who sat on the counter.

"Mmmm good," I said watching Sara eat her piece.

"Jenn this is Charles your personal trainer." I turned expecting to see a big muscle toned guy, but Charles was nothing like that broad shoulders, small toned arms, and skinny legs.

"Nice to meet your Jennifer." He held out his hand
"Nice to meet you as well Charles..." I looked behind him at Sheila as she mouthed the words "so fine"

"You’re not from here are you?" I asked still shaking his hand, he was gorgeous.

"No, I’m from England I moved to the states for school." I let go of his hand feeling really awkward.

"You guys should get started," Shelia said walking over to pick up Sara and the chocolate. "Let me show you to the gym." She threw the chocolate in the trash.

"Wait I was eating that!" I said pouting those were some good chocolate

"Chocolate is your enemy," Charles said with a smirk and followed behind Shelia.

Two hours later I was asking myself "what the hell were you thinking" Charles may have been small but he was like a drill sergeant he had me do weights, some cardio, squats, all kind of things.

"Good job Jennifer."

"Tha...nks," I said catching my breath. I watched him reach into his bag and pulled out a water bottle.

"Here you go," he handed me the blue bottle. I took it taking a sip.

"Mmm...what it this?"

"Its vegetable juice, when you catch your breath I want you to lay on this matt." I took another sip sitting the bottle on the bench and walked over to the matt and laid down.

I watched him raise my leg pushing it toward my chest that felt so good I didn't know that I closed my eyes. He did the same with my left leg. He raised my right leg putting it on his shoulder and pushing it to my chest, the cramp that was building up completely left causing me to let out a small moan.

"Feel good?"

"Mmm...Hmm." I kept my eyes closed as we both laughed. I opened my eyes and were met with greenish blues.

"Having a good time Jen?" I turned my head to the door, and saw Justin leaning against the door frame.

"Hey baby...this is Charles, Charles this is my husband Justin." Charles nodded his head continuing stretching my leg. Justin stood there sizing him up, were going to have a long conversation when Charles leaves.

"We'll be done in five minutes," Charles said picking up my left leg doing the something he did on my left. I tried so hard not to close my eyes.

"Cool, I'll just sit here and wait." Justin walked over to the bench sitting down. There was this weird silence.

"J, Charles is from England, he came here for school."

"That’s nice." Wow, someone must have had a bad day on the golf course.

"Done." Charles let my leg down rubbing both of my thighs. "Take a hot shower that will help relive the soreness.”

"Thanks." He helped me up. I went over to Justin and he pulled into a hug and kiss. "Have a good game?"

"Yeah."


"Ma-ma!!" Sara came running as fast as her little feet could go.

"Hey baby." giving her puffy cheeks kisses. "Say hi to mister Charles."

"Hi," she said waving.

"Hi sweetheart, Jen that’s all for today."

"OK," I said swinging Sara back and forth. "Hey Sheila and I are going out tonight you want to come with us?"

"Yeah sure." Since Charles had been with me we've become really good friends, he talks about his brothers back home and how much he misses them, how he got into personal trading through a dare from his friends. All around Charles is a good guy.


11:37 pm later that night.


"Charles can I ask you a question?" Shelia asked, we had gotten back from dinner and Sheila got the idea to have drinks at home.

"Sure."

"Are you gay?" I almost choked on my grape juice.

"No Sheila I'm not gay."

"Then why don't you have a girlfriend?"

"I'm still looking for the right one."

"Well all those ladies at Koi were checking you out." My stomach started to tighten thinking about those women looking at my Charles. "You are looking good tonight." He was, he had on a black suit and black dress shoes.

"I'm sure she's out there," I said.

"Yeah," he said looking at me.


After Charles left.


"I’m telling you girl he likes you."

"No he doesn’t." Sheila and I have been going back and forth ever since Charles left.

"Yes he does that’s why Justin wants you to get rid of him cause he knows it too.”


Two weeks later.


I just got out of the shower when I could hear Sara's cries but were soon calm. I finished drying off wrapped the towel around myself and walked into the closet. I was in the middle of looking for something to sleep in when I heard the bedroom door close.

"Everything ok?" I asked looking through clothes. Quiet.
"J!?" Silence. I stopped looking through cloths, and looked in the door way. "Justin?!" Silence again I walked toward the doorway when he popped up.

"HEY!" I let out a hurling scream. Justin covered his ears.

"Dang baby." He laughed.

"Why didn't you say anything?" I asked shoving him and turning around to finish what I was doing.

"I'm sorry." He tried to kiss my neck, but I rolled it causing his lips to hit my shoulder.

"Stop." Where were my silk pjs? I thought to myself, Here they are. I pulled them out Justin grabbed the hanger and put them back. "Justin stop I’m not in the mood for games."

"I know what I'm in the mood for." He pulled out a black see through lingre.

"I don 't think so." I grabbed the hanger and put it back.

"That’s ok you don't have to put anything on." He reached to untie my towel.

"J stop I'm really tired." He'd been like this all the time constantly wanting to have sex, I mean I love my husband and being intimate with him but I can't do it every other day.

"I don't know why, you’re not doing anything, but spending time with Charles!?" No this moth- has he lost his mind.

"First of all don't talk to me like that and second, what I've been doing is taking care of your child. Making sure she’s occupied and not wondering why her daddy is not around as much!”

I reached for my pjs and brushed passed him and into the bathroom. Justin had been traveling a lot working on the clothing line and Esmee’s album.

I slammed the door behind me forgetting to lock it. I untied my towel letting it fall on the ground, I took the silk pjs off the hanger, putting the hanger behind the door, I was unbuttoning the shirt with Justin came in.

"Get out."

"I'm sorry, I really am it’s just been stressful with the clothing line trying to get everything done for the spring." He reached for my hand stopping me from what I was doing. "I appreciate everything you do for me and Sara, I love you so much." I stared at the shirt feeling my chest tighten and tears building up.

"You know Justin I do the best I can I put everything on hold to be there for Sara -"

"I know you have and I love you for that." He took my chin making me look in his eyes. He leaned down and kissed me on the lips. Till this day I still get butterflies in my stomach from the way he looks at me, and his kisses. He pulled back rubbing his nose against mine.

"I love you too," I whispered between his lips. He kissed me again slipping his tongue between my lips wrapping his arms around my waist. Our kiss deepened sending chills down my spine, I wrapped my arms around his neck, he lifted me on to the counter.

"Mmm...cold." I giggled.

"It’s about to get hot in a minute." He grabbed my thighs spreading them apart, I let me head back as his hands massaged my breast waiting for him to send me into ecstasy.


Boy don't try to front I (I) know just (just) what you are (are are)


You Got Me Goin'
You're Oh-So Charmin'
But I can't do it
U Womanizer


"That’s my new song for you Charles." The radio was on in the back ground I was sitting in my trailer getting ready to do the video for if this isn't love.

"Shelia told me about the other night when ya'll went out to party."

"What she did tell you?" he asked leaning against the couch.

"How you had all the women in the club all over you," I said smiling.

"Shelia is lying."

"Yeah ok? I want you to go out meet someone ladies so you can be happy like Justin and I." I was sitting in front of the vanity playing with my phone when there was a knock on the door. "Come in!"

"Ma-ma!"

"Hey baby!" I jumped out of my seat and picked her up. Justin and Shelia were right behind her. "I haven't seen my baby all day." Sara squealed as I kissed her cheek and neck.

"Hey Charles," Justin said.

"What's up." I smiled his British accent is turning American. There was another knock on the door.

"That must be the glam squad." Shelia answered the door.

"Jennifer you ready to get started?" Tony asked followed by Kayla, my hair dresser.

"Yep." I put Sara down and started to head in the back of the trailer when Sara started to follow me.

"No sweetie you can't go with mommy." Justin grabbed her tiny hand pulling her toward him holding her Dora the explora doll. "Mommy coming back, here come play with Dora?" Justin handed her the doll.

When I got done Justin was sitting on the couch with Charles making small conversation, it was nice to see them making nice.

"Wow you look beautiful baby."

"Thank you." My hair was to the side in ringlets and a black sleeves shirt and leggings with gold stilettos, and black belt. Everyone followed me to the set, when I was done with the scene I went over to the table to see photos of the shots Justin was standing there holding Sara.

"How does it look?"

"Great, I'm going to steal those shoes so you can wear them later," he whispered

"Stop, you are so dirty," I said smacking his behind.

"You like it." I leaned in for a kiss but Sara put her hand on my face.

"You don't want me to kiss daddy?"

"No!" Justin and I both laughed.


Super bowl weekend.


"Is everything ready for Justin’s party?"

"The room is ready and everything, His mom said she will be there Sunday morning with Sara."

"Good." Shelia, Big Mike and I were on our way to Florida for the super bowl, I was so shocked that they asked me to sing the national anthem considering I decided to take a break to be with Sara. It was so hard trying to be mom and live my dream but what made me make that decision was when Justin called me and said that Sara took her first steps. It broke my heart I wasn't there to see my baby’s first step so I vowed to be mother first and put my career on hold.

"Trace said the Justin has no clue his head is in the clothing line that he thinks he forgot he had a birthday coming up," Shelia laughed as the plane landed.

“That’s what I want, him not having a clue."


Sunday February 1st.


"Were ready for you Jennifer." I took a deep breath, grabbed Justin’s hand and walked down to the tunnel.
When it was all over looked at the crowd and then Justin who had the proudest smile on his face. I stepped down from the platform and into his arms.

"I'm so proud of you," he whispered in my ear. He reached for my hand and laced our finger together the police officer and Big Mike escorted us down the field. Press and photographers surrounded us yelling and congratulating me.

"Jennifer you were great!"

"Thank you." I waved at everyone.

"Justin happy birthday heard you party hard last night!" Justin smiled and continued walking me close behind
him.

"Thanks it was great."

"Had no idea did you?"

"None."
Chapter 18- Justin by angel_from_africa
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN.
JUSTIN.

"Man you are officially crazy," Trace told me with a shake of his head a few days later as we were sitting in the dinning room going over the sketches for the new line. "You know it's impossible. Johnny won't allow it.”

“I don’t give a fuck what Johnny will allow,” I told him and leaned back in my chair, my eye on the baby monitor. “This is about Jen and I not him.”

“No it’s only between you. Have you even told Jen about this cleaver plan of yours?” Trace asked, I could tell he was truly concerned for me. I blushed and sheepishly shook my head. To be honest I had just thought of it this morning when I’d come down to find Jen feeding Sara and singing to her softly.

“No,” I admitted and looked away. “I haven’t and I don’t know if I’m going to.”

“What do you mean you don’t know? It’s her body she needs to know if she’s going to shoot a baby out of it in a few months,” Trace answered, I could sense the tension rising in his voice. “Or were you hoping she’d not notice she was growing fatter each day?”

“No!” I answered, I had become very sensitive to the issue of Jen’s weight and thought she wasn’t fat. “I want her to be surprised. Think I had nothing to do with it. That it was magic or something.”

“You have a wild imagination,” Trace commented and shook his head, picking up the pencil and continued making adjustments to the sketches. I sighed and watched him for a few moments.

“You really think this is a bad idea?” I asked him, causing him to look up from what he was doing.

“No. It’s a great idea, I mean in the romantic way. You just need to tell Jen about this. Who knows she may even be up for it,” Trace smiled wearily making me not believe him.


It was New Year’s eve and I was stressed to the max. First, after yelling at Jen about my socks we finally arrived at the church, an hour later. Also, she had decided to hire some crazy trainer to get her back in shape and I wasn’t too sure about it, especially after that first time in the gym….

“Hurry up, you’re late!” Trace hissed at both of us and shoved me down in my seat as I pulled Jen down with me. She looked embarrassed to be coming in so late.

“This is so embarrassing,” she grumbled and handed Sara to me as she straightened out her dress. “I need to tone up.”

“No you don’t,” I whispered back to her and kissed her temple. “You look perfect.”

“Yes I do,” she insisted and I sighed. I was not in the mood to argue so I just nodded.

“Ok,” I told her and handed Sara back to her. “If it makes you happy.”

“It does,” she answered and smiled slightly at me. I smiled back and kissed her before focusing on the ceremony ahead.


“He’s up to something,” I told Trace a few days later, casting an evil eye towards the gym. Trace laughed and picked up Sara who squealed with delight.

“You are so damn paranoid it’s funny,” he laughed and walked over to me. “Isn’t daddy crazy?” Sara laughed and shook her head at me.

“I am not paranoid,” I snapped and took Sara from Trace. “I’m serious. I’m going to check on Jen.”

“No you’re not,” Trace said, his tone more serious as he grabbed my arm, “Trust her a bit ok? She probably doesn’t want you hanging around anyway seeing all her bits hanging out.” He gave me a wicked grin and I gasped, handing Sara to him quickly.

“And hoe am I supposed not to be paranoid?” I asked him and dashed out the room before Trace could stop me and hurled myself through the gym doors.

“Justin!” Jen called in surprise as I stumbled into the gym to find her running on the treadmill. “What’s wrong?” She slowed to a walk and came towards me as I tried to catch my breath.

“Where is he?” I panted looking around for her trainer Charles who was nowhere in sight. Jen laughed and patted my shoulder.

“He just left,” she laughed, “I just decided to get in a few extra miles on the treadmill.”

“Why?” I asked and eyed her suspiciously, “It’s not like you need it. I told you find you…”

“I know Justin,” she let out a frustrated sigh. “It’s just that I don’t feel… I don’t feel perfect yet.” She smiled at me then and I smiled back like a moron. She always did that, smiled at me and made me forget what I was so mad at in the first place.


I opened my eyes and smiled at Jen, who was curled on her side facing away from me.

“Jen?” I whispered and moved closer to her, our wet skin touching as I did so. I felt her shiver as I touched her. “Jen….”

“Hmm?” she asked, pretended to stay asleep. I smiled and kissed her neck.

“I’m sorry,” I told her and heard her sigh.

“You said that a million times already,” she told me and I nodded against her skin.

“I know but…” I began but stopped, I felt her turn around to face me.

“Why do you get so crazy sometimes?” she asked me seriously and I shrugged, moving away from her. I didn’t like to admit I was jealous of her trainer and trying to get her pregnant while he was around didn’t help.

“I’m just protective I guess,” I somewhat lied. “I’ll try and control it.” And it wouldn’t be easy either.

“I would really appreciate it,” she whispered and looked away. “It’s nice to know you feel that way about me.” I saw a small smile creep on her face and I smiled back. Here we go again.

“Come here,” I told her and pulled her to me and kissing her before I said or did anything else I would later regret.


“So how’s the baby making going?” Trace asked with a wicked laugh and I slapped his shoulder.

“Shh!! Not so loud!” I hissed in his ear and looked over my shoulder to make sure Jen was still upstairs like she said. “It’s not going too hot.”

“Why? Because she found out and slapped your ass?” Trace asked and I glared at him.

“No. Because she’s got this new trainer Charles…” I began.

“Did someone say my name?” I groaned inwardly at the sound of his voice and spun around, sticking a huge, fake grin on my face.

“Charles! What are you doing here?” And more to the point how did you get in?

“Jen gave me a key,” he laughed at my unanswered question and I rolled my eyes. Sure she did. “And we have a training session today. I hope you don’t mind?”

“Actually…” I began ready to tell him to bugger off, that Jen and I had plans but Trace interrupted me. Introducing himself.

“I’m Trace,” Trace said stepping forwards and shoving me out of the way. “The crazy one’s best friend. I’ve heard a lot about you.” Trace gave me a sideways glance and Charles raised an eye brow.

“Really?” he grinned and looked at me expectantly. He was probably hoping Jen had buttered up his image to Trace.

“Yes really,” I said and stepped forward, “And as I was saying…”

“Charles!” Jen called as she came down the stairs and interrupted me. I groaned. “What are you doing here?” Then I laughed as Charles looked caught.

“We have a session today remember?” he asked, the lie falling off his lips. I gawked at him. Was he serious? Trying to lie in front of me, the master of lies? Hello. “Friday one o’clock?”

“We did?” she blushed and I wanted to pound his little ass to the ground. “I must have forgotten. I’ll just get ready. J you don’t mind do you?”

“Actually,” I began trying once again to tell them that I had booked a nice afternoon lunch for two at Koi for just Jen and me.

“He doesn’t mind,” Trace answered for me and I glared at him, since when did he become my voice. “You go look good Jen.”

“Ok,” she smiled and looked at me. “I really am sorry J.”

“Yeah me too,” I sighed in defeat and reached for her arm. I grabbed it and pulled her to me, kissing her deeply. “I’ll just reschedule.”

“You sure?” she asked, half out of breath and I nodded with a fake smile.

“Yeah,” I tried to brush it off. “You go look good.” Out of the corner of my eye I caught Charles grinning at me like a monkey, I was so going to strangle him as soon as I had the chance.


“HAPPY BIRTHDAY!” I nearly jumped out of my skin. I hadn’t expected to open the door and find half a billion people in the room. My mother grinned at me and waved Jen over.

“It was all her idea,” she whispered and shoved me towards Jen. I grinned and felt bad, I had so forgotten my birthday, it was embarrassing.

“Hey baby,” Jen smiled walking up to me with Sara in her arms. “Happy Birthday.” She leaned forward and kissed me.

“Da-da!” Sara squealed and I laughed, kissing both her and Jen. Sara was becoming very possessive of me lately.

“Thanks,” I whispered and looked around me, “This is great. You did a good job Jen.”

“You’re welcome,” she smiled and leaned into me as I wrapped my arms around her waist and everyone wished me a happy birthday. I was an old man, but a lucky one at that.

“Justin!” I groaned inwardly. I hadn’t expected Charles to be there. Couldn’t he just leave us alone for one day? I put on a fake smile and nodded. “Happy birthday! The big two eight eh?”

“Thanks,” I said and held Jen tighter to me, “Yeah I’m getting old.” Charles laughed and moved closer to us, almost touching. I don’t think he knew boundaries. I could feel Jen pushing me so she could get some space. I complied and moved us swiftly a few feet to the side.

“J!’ I let out a sigh of relief, for once I was happy to see one of my old band mates. I steered Jen in that direction, giving Charles a half-hearted apologetic smile.

“Joe!” I called and high tailed it away from Charles as fast as I could with Jen glued to my side.
Chapter 19-Jen by angel_from_africa
CHAPTER NINETEEN.
JEN.

Grammys 2009

"Jennifer over here!"

"Jen to your left!"

The paparazzi was screaming my name on the red carpet I had to constantly blink my eyes from all the flashing.

"Where’s Justin?!"

I continued to smile when my publicist grabbed my hand and led me to the press.

"How are you?"

"I'm fine and you."

"Great, how does it feel to be nominated?"

"It's amazing, a dream come true.

"Now this is your first nomination, it’s hard to believe that it feels like you been around for a long time.

"You know what all I can say is that I’m so blessed for this opportunity to be here and hopefully for a long time."

"One last question Jen, Where's Justin?" I smiled

"He's inside already he's performing twice tonight...I think."

"Thanks for stopping by."

"Thank you."


8:00 later that night.


"Grammy award winner, I can't believe it." Justin and I were riding in the car on the way home. When pulled into the driveway.

"I'm so proud of you." He leaned in and kissed my cheek.

"Thanks." Justin used his key to open the door when there was a loud roar of cheers.

"YAY!!! WHOOOOO." Shelia, Trace, Lynn, and Charles holding a half sleep Sara were in the foyer clapping and cheering.

"Wow YAY!! AHHHH!" I laughed and raised my Grammy. Shelia was first to give me a hug, then Lynn, Trace, and then Charles.

"Congrats," he whispered in my ear.

"Thanks." Sara raised her head and reached out for me. "Hey sleeping beauty."

"Justin you were great to two performances in one show," Sheila said.

"One of them last minute too," he said looking at Charles.

"Why don't we all go into the living room find a place to put that Grammy," Lynn suggested seeing the tension between Justin and Charles.


I was in the bathroom taking of my makeup thinking about the events that happened today Grammy award winner
Jennifer Hudson I still can't believe it. My dreams had come true plus I'll be going on tour in March with the fine and sexy Robin Thicke I couldn't help but smile on that one.

"What are you smiling about?" Justin asked walking past the bathroom.

"Nothing." I folded the towel and turned the light out. "Just thinking about today." I pulled the covers back on the bed and slipped between them.

“You were really beautiful tonight," Justin said getting into bed.

"So were you, it was nice to see you there when I got off the stage."

"I was glad to be there." He wrapped his arm around my waist. I looked into his dark blue eyes; they only changed color when he was wanting something...me.

"J?"

"Hmm?"

"Turn the lights off." I ran my hands down his chest and into his boxers. J reached over me and the light off on the night stand and the one next to me. "I love you."
"I love you too." He leaned over me as I opened my legs to him as he nestled between them. I used my hands and feet to push his boxers down his hips and legs. Our lips connected and it was sparks as usual his kisses are more and more better every time. He raised my night gown up my hips to my waist.

"Mmmmm...No panties." He said between my lips. I smiled and concentrated on his lips moving to my neck. His hand massaged my stomach the moved to my left breast. As soon as he touched them it was painful.

"OW!" Justin immediately stopped.

"What’s wrong? Did I hurt you?"

"No, my cycle is coming so my breasts are a little tender."

"Oh do you want me to stop?"

"No just be gentle around the tities." I let out a laugh.
He smiled and pulled the night gown over my head. He braced him self preparing to enter me when I stopped him. "J you should used a condom I haven't refilled my pills."

"It's ok I'll pull out." He leaned in for a kiss but I turned my head.

"No I don't want to take that chance, the last thing we need right now is a baby."

He moved off of me and lay on his back looking at the ceiling.

"Jenn there’s something I need to tell you."

"Baby what is it?" I asked rubbing his chest I hope it wasn't something I did. Before he could answer Sara’s whimpers could be heard through the baby monitor.
"I'll go check on her." I got out of bed. "We can talk when I get back." He nodded his head.


Three weeks later


I ran to the bathroom for the third time this morning, I got to the toilet just in time. I leaned against the shower. Charles was right I am pregnant I took his advice and went to the doctor like he suggested after we had an incident.


Flash back


"You ready?" I asked stretching.

"Am I ready? The question is are you ready?" Charles smiled checking his watch.

"Oh I'm ready," I said looking up the hill. I was about to do a 1.5 mile for the first time.

"Ok, let’s go." Charles started right next to me. Fifteen minutes in to the run I felt a pain in my abdomen but I ignored it, I felt the pain again and stopped. "Jenn?"

"Call an ambulance." The pain at this point was unbearable.


"Congratulations you’re pregnant." I kept repeating the words doctors’ words in my head. This can’t be happening;
I looked back on the times Justin and I had been intimate trying to figure out when it happened.

"I'm not ready for another baby," I said to myself. There was a knock on the door.

"Jennifer?" I looked up and saw Charles walking into the room. "I called Justin he's on his way."

"Thanks."

"Is everything OK..."

"I'm pregnant."

"Congrats...you don't look to happy?"

"Charles I'm not ready for a baby, I'm just getting back in the game, getting ready to go on tour, I have Sara."

"And your about to become a new mom Jenn you can do this." He sat on the bed next to me and reached for my hand.

"I can't." I shook my head I was feeling so over whelmed.

"Yes you can." He rubbed the back of my hand with his thumb.

"What if I'm not a good mother..." I burst into tears.

"Jenn take a deep breath and repeat after me 'I'm a good mother and I can do this.' " I Took a deep breath and repeated the words after doing it a couple of times I felt a lot better.

"I'm really glad you here." I caressed the side of his face and played with his ear. He grabbed my hand kissing the back of it.

"Me too." We sat there in silence looking at each other. I was so glad to have him as a friend he was caring, kind, always think about other people then himself.

"I'm not scared of lions, tigers, and bears..." Charles began singing.

"Boy shut up." I said laughing. "You’re so crazy."


"Jenn you OK, you better get ready you have rehearsals," Shelia yelled through the door.

"Yeah OK, I'll be out in a minute," I said getting up off the floor flushing the toilet and opening the door.

"Justin’s on the phone." Shelia held out the phone to me.

"Hey baby," he calls at least three times a day just to check up on me..

"How is my baby boy?" He's convinced it’s a boy.

"The baby is fine," I said laughing


March 2009


"UNO! I screamed Shelia and I were playing UNO lounging around the house.

"I know you don't have to tell the world,” she said shuffling the cards.

"Let’s play again." I wanted to beat her one last time.

"Why so you can beat me again?"

"Well yeah." I laughed and picked up my cards from the table. The front door slammed and keys rattled.

"Jennifer!?" Justin yelled.

"In the kitchen!" Sheila and I were really into the game I didn't see him come into the room.

"What y’all doing?"

"Beating Jen at UNO" Shelia picked up two cards from the deck and sat one down in the middle pile. Justin pulled a chair up and kissed my cheek.

"Where's Diva?" Justin watched us play the game.

"With your mom UNO!" I laughed laying all my cards in the pile. "You owe mama a new pair of shoes honey."

"I guess I'll see you tomorrow remember next week is a busy week so get some rest,” Shelia said, putting the cards in the box.

"What is she doing next week?" Justin asked getting nosey.

"Well she has two photo shoots, Ellen, Idol and a couple of phone interviews and rehearsals for the tour." I went to the fridge to get something to eat I had the munchies.

"Jen don't you think that’s a bit much."

"Justin we've had this conversation before." I popped a grape in my mouth.

"Jen I will see you tomorrow, goodnight Justin." Sheila hurried out the door not wanting to get in the middle
Justin waited till he heard the door close before turning to me.

"Jen I wish you would slow down it's to..."

"JUSTIN STOP!" I put the grapes back in the fridge and slammed the door. "I'm not slowing down I’ll be fine." I went up stairs and turned down the bed when Justin came in.

"I'm not telling you to stop just split next week up."
"I can't were promoting the tour you know this, I’m not the only one who was busy while pregnant Christina was on tour, Brandy they all did it J.Lo did it with twins." I said throwing the pillow against the head board.

"You’re not like them." I stopped what I was doing and stared at him.

"What are you trying to say Justin?"

"I didn't mean it like that you’re in a different league then them." I stared at him waiting for him to try and get himself out of this hole.

"They’re pop stars....they...they."

"They’re beautiful and small right."

"You’re putting words in my mouth."

"Why don't you go in the other room and figure the words you just said to me." I said throwing the pillow at him.


April 2009


"So do you know what this meeting is about?" I asked looking straight ahead at the road.

"No." Justin shook his head turning on the left turn signal. He'd been acting weird the past couple days. When he was like this I knew he was hiding something. The next morning after I threw Justin out of our bedroom I apologized; I over-reacted he apologized as well, hormones can’t help it. We had just left from my doctor’s appointment Shelia found a practice that many celebrities use to keep my pregnancy private till we want the world to know. I opened the brown envelope and looked at the sonogram pictures and couldn't help but smile. I can't believe in a human being growing inside me. Justin looked down at the pictures and laughed.

"He's going to be a basketball player if not that definitely a golfer."

"Why are you so sure it’s a boy?" I asked putting the pictures back

"Cause I just know."

"We'll we will know in a month." Justin pulled up to Johnny’s condo and parked the car. J got out and opened the door for me and laced our fingers together leading us to the front door. The door opened before Justin could knock.

"Hey you made it come on in." Johnny stepped to the side letting us in.

"So what is this all about?" Justin asked, Johnny looked down at our hands. Johnny led us to the dining room Marcus and Charles were sitting at the table.

"Does it have to do with Sara?" I was curious what was so important that Marcus had to be here to. "Charles what are you doing here?"

"No it’s about you guys and your baby on the way." Marcus said looking between Justin and me.
Chapter 20-Justin by angel_from_africa
CHAPTER TWENTY.
JUSTIN.


Okay I was feeling guilty; I’ll admit that but when Jen left the room to check on Sara I let out a long sigh. So much for me trying to tell her. I know I’d promised Trace would but it was so damn hard; especially with the new developments.

The signs were there. Her breasts were tender and she was being moody. She was pregnant. I smiled to myself and leaned back against the pillows.

“Why you smiling?” Jen asked; walking back into the room and climbing into bed next to her. I shrugged and leaned over to kiss her.

“Just thinking about how lucky I am,” I said and kissed her again. That part was true I was.

“So what you up to tomorrow?” she asked me and I shrugged. I hadn’t thought that far.

“I don’t know,” I replied and kissed her again. “But I know what I’m up to tonight.”


I woke up the next morning and Jen was gone. I groaned and looked at the clock; it was seven am. Where the hell was she?

I sat up in bed and listened, but the whole house seemed to be eerily quiet. Even the sounds of Sara sleeping through the monitor couldn’t be heard. I got up and pulled on a pair of pants that just happened to be laying by the bed and stood up; stretching my sore muscles.

I headed out the room; grabbing the portable phone as I did so and headed down the stairs. I wasn’t even half way down when I heard them; Sara giggling at something and Jen laughing right alongside her. I smiled; but it soon faded when I heard his voice.

“I swear Jen you’re pregnant,” Charles’ voice drifted up the stairs and into my ears. I growled; so that’s why she and Sara were up so early. Charles was here.

“Don’t be ridiculous,” Jen answered, “I’ve been taking my pills religiously. I CAN’T be.”

“Well from what you’ve told me…” Charles began and I knew I had to stop him right then and there. I didn’t want to know what Jen had divulged to him and I sure as hell was going to make sure she knew it. I didn’t hear the rest of his sentence as I flew down the stairs and into the kitchen.

“Da-Da!” Sara greeted me as I skidded to a halt just in the doorway. I looked up and grinned at her; ignoring Jen and Charles’ shocked expressions.

“Hey munchkin,” I said and walked over to pick her up. I tried to even out my breathing so Jen wouldn’t come suspicious. “What are you and mommy doing up so early?”

“Charles!” Sara practically screamed in my ear and I groaned. Yes, I could see that. I could also see Sara was very excited and had to remind myself to keep in check.

“Yeah,” I nodded and walked over to Jen. “Morning baby.”

“Morning,” she smiled as she kissed me on the lips. “Charles came by so we could have a workout session.”

“At seven am?” I asked her with wide eyes and she laughed. Ok, I know it sounded silly especially when I got up at six to do my workout; on most days anyways. “I mean; ok but why is Sara awake? What time did you get here anyways?” I looked directly at Charles; who seemed to think this made him very important.

“Six,” he smiled and winked at Jen. Okay hold up! What’s with the winking? Does he have a weak eye or something?

“Yeah and Sara just got up,” Jen added and took Sara from me. She was obviously not fazed by the whole winking thing. Ok, I needed to get my jealousy in check; but the guy just winked at my wife!

“Charles do you have something in your eye?” I asked; ignoring Jen’s last statement. Jen looked at me in shock and leaned forward to slap my shoulder; but I moved out of the way.

“No why?” Charles asked and smiled at me. He was playing the game too I could see. Well fine; I can do that.

“Because you seem to be winking at my wife a lot,” I told him straight out and I heard Jen gasp in embarrassment but I didn’t care. It was JC all over again. “I just thought you wanted her to take a look at it or something. Jen?” I looked at Jen and she had turned beet red. Ok; so why was she always acting like that?

“Um…” Jen began but Charles cut in.

“No it’s okay,” he smiled again and glared at me. “I don’t need her to look at it; she’s looked at me too much today.”

“Why you…” I began and didn’t realize I’d said it out aloud until I felt Jen’s hand on my arm as I lunged forward to strangle him.

“Look I better go,” Charles said quickly; and I saw a hint of fear flash across his face. Yeah run boy, run fast. “See you tomorrow Jen. Same time?”

“Yeah,” Jen nodded as she held me back and Charles ran out the door.

“Same time for what?” I called after him; only to receive a huge slap as soon as the door shut. “What?”

“Justin!” Jen said in aspiration as I turned to look at her and I gave her the ‘what?’ look. “You’re so rude!”
“Why? Because that’s the second guy that’s tried to hit on my wife in my presence?” I asked her, “What is it with everyone?”


“What do you mean the hospital?” I asked and looked at Trace who gave me a shrug. “Since when?”

“This morning,” Charles answered from the other end of the line and I groaned. I knew it. “We were working out and she…”

“Ok,” I interrupted him and let out a low growl. “Tell her I’ll be there in a bit ok?”

“Ok,” he answered, “I’ll let her know you’re coming.”

“Good,” I answered and snapped the phone shut before he could mutter anything else. “I have to go.” I stood up abruptly and Trace raised an eyebrow at me. “Jen’s at the hospital.”

“What?” Trace asked shocked and I nodded as he got up. “I’ll come with you; just let me call Sheila and give her the 411.”

“Yeah ok,” I told him and began looking for my keys as he typed up a message on his blackberry. “Where the hell are my keys?”

“On the counter,” Trace replied without looking up and I glanced in the direction of the kitchen counter to see a sparkle coming off it.

“Okay. Let’s go,” I said and headed for the door. It was only when I was half way out that I realized Trace was not following me. “Dude!”

“What?” Trace called; still staring at his phone.

“Are you coming or what?” I asked; this got him to look up. He looked confused; I rolled my eyes at him. “Jen? Hospital?”

“Oh yeah!” He said and quickly put away his phone before following me. I groaned; LOUDLY. “Let’s go.”

“Finally,” I said dramatically as we reached my car. “It’s about damn time.”


“JEN?” I was acting like a craze and Trace just rolled his eyes as I frantically ran down the hallways of the hospital looking for my wife. But could you blame me? The last time I’d been there she’s been in an accident; on the verge of death. “JEN?”

“Calm the fuck down,” Trace muttered and grabbed the back of my shirt as his phone rang. “You’re acting like a loonie.”

“But I need to find her,” I panted; not even realizing that Trace was still holding onto my shirt and reading a new text message he’d received.

“Let’s go,” he said and hauled me towards the exit. I felt like screaming; where was he taking me?

“Where the hell are you taking me?” I demanded and glared at him. He rolled his eyes and stopped two doors before the exit. Pushing the door open quickly. I felt like a damn idiot.

“Justin!” Jen’s face lit up when she saw Trace and I; she was lying in a hospital gown on a gurney. She looked perfectly healthy. I pulled away from Trace and bolted for her side.

“Jen!” I said and wrapped my arms around her, “I was so worried.”

“I’m sorry,” she replied and I pulled away to kiss her. “I didn’t mean to worry you.”

“Don’t worry about it,” I smiled and looked around the room. Charles wasn’t there and I was glad. “What did the doctor’s say?”

“I think you better sit down,” she smiled and I looked at her questionably. She nodded and I obeyed. “I’m pregnant.”

“WHAT?” I asked; okay so it wasn’t the reaction I should have gone for but for all those nights hoping she was I didn’t actually expect her to be pregnant. I thought all that stuff I saw in the movies (where I’d gotten all my stupid ideas from) were just that; stupid ideas. I never thought it would actually work.

“I’m pregnant,” she repeated even slower and looked at me curiously; I noticed Shelia standing by Trace in the doorway and pulling him out just before Jen spoke again. “Aren’t you happy?”

“What? I mean yes of course!” I grinned and hugged her again. “Are you serious? I mean are they sure?”

“Yeah they’re sure,” Jen laughed with relief and I smiled.

“That’s great!” I said and kissed her. “We’re gonna have a baby!”


“It’s a boy,” I told Jen a few weeks later as I held my hand over her belly. She laughed and ran a hand though my curls.

“Why are you so sure?” she asked and I sat up; shrugging. She smiled at me before placing a kiss on my lips. “Are you sure we can do this?”

“Of course,” I told her and kissed her back, “After all we’ve been taking care of Sara pretty good right?”

“Well I’d say we’re doing better than good,” Jen smiled and looked over to the monitor in hopes of hearing Sara wake up from her nap already. “I think she’s gonna be happy to have someone else other than us to play with.”

“Well she has Trace,” I suggested with a wicked grin and Jen laughed.

“Yeah she does,” she smiled and looked up at me, “I’m glad we’re doing this.”

“Me too,” I told her and kissed her again. “Me too.”


“Baby!” Sara squealed placing a hand over Jen’s belly; making us both laugh. We’d finally got round to telling her the good news and she seemed very happy. “Baby!”

“Yeah baby,” I smiled and picked her up; kissing the top of her head. “Come on Munchkin mamma’s gotta rest and we’ve got to have a bath.”

“No bath!” she protested and I rolled my eyes. Ever since Sara had learnt how to talk the word ‘NO’ was a big thing in her vocabulary.

“I wonder where she got that word from,” Jen laughed and I groaned and pulled Sara into the other room where I’d set up her bath.

“Must have been Trace,” I muttered and smiled at Sara, “I don’t think you should be hanging around Uncle T anymore.”

“Tee?” she asked totally confused and looked at me as if I’d gone mad.

“Never mind,” I muttered and sat her on the counter top, “Arms up.”

For a two year old she was very cleaver; she understood exactly what Jen and I were telling her and we never had to tell her something twice. She complied and lifted her arms in the air; giggling when I tickled her before removing her small sweater.

“Da-da!” Sara squealed and I looked at her.

“Yeah baby?” I smiled and lifted her into the tub; she shrieked as the water hit her skin but calmed down once I ran the cloth over her.

“Baby!” She screamed again and I laughed. Yeah; we were really having a baby.


“Justin!” I snapped out of my daydream and tried to focus on the voice coming from the phone.

“Yeah Johnny?” I asked my manager, sitting back in the chair I’d just vacated and looked across the room to where Jen was playing with Sara on the floor.

“Did you even hear a word I said?” Johnny asked and I could hear the accusation running through his voice. I winced; because let’s face it I hadn’t heard a word he’d uttered to me.

“Sure,” I lied and rolled my eyes as I checked my watch. This was taking longer than expected.

“Good,” he snapped and I wondered why he was so moody. “Because I EXPECT you to get rid of it.”

“What?” I asked; now I was totally lost. He sighed and I could tell he was at the end of his rope.

“The baby,” he answered and I slowly got everything clicked into place. I was an idiot.

“What baby?” I asked pretending to play dumb. That was always the best way to go. How did he find out anyways? We hadn’t even told my mother.

“Jen’s baby,” he replied angry that I’d obviously forgotten. “The baby that’s she’s having with you.”

“We’re not having a baby,” I lied because he really didn’t know how intimate Jen and my relationship was. “I mean I don’t even really like her. I’m just riding this thing out until…”

“Don’t lie to me boy!” Johnny snapped in my ear and I stopped abruptly. He knew about that too? Damn, could I not keep one little secret from him now?

“How did you find out?” I asked; referring to both the
baby and Jen and mine relationship.

“Charles…” he began and I wanted to throw something across the room. I should have guessed.

“Charles?” I asked; why I have no clue. I knew it was his weasel ass all along. He never did like me. “Did he suggest to you that we get rid of the baby as well?”

“What?” Johnny asked; clearly shocked at my admittance. I sighed angrily and looked over to Jen. She had luckily not even noticed me yelling. “No. He did not suggest anything so absurd.”

“Then who did?” I wanted to know. I wouldn’t be surprised if the guy had come up with the idea himself. “Because you can tell them it’s out of the question.”

“Justin…” Johnny began but I shook my head.

“No Johnny. This time I’m not budging ok? What you’re asking me to do is inhumane,” I spat and rubbed my forehead with my palm. “There is no way I’m going to put either Jen or Sara through that. So you can forget it.”

“But what about your career?” Johnny asked angrily, “Do you really think this is the best time for you to become a father?”

“I already am a father,” I reminded him. “And why not huh? Won’t it help with my image?”

“Justin it’s not that…” Johnny began but I didn’t want to hear it. The guys had been telling me all along that all this man wanted was money and maybe they were right. All he saw me as was a big green piece of paper. Some father figure.

“You know what Johnny?” I asked him, “I don’t give a shit.”
Chapter 21- Jen by angel_from_africa
June 2009

I was laying in bed watching Sara play with her Dora doll, and looked at the clock for the fifth time.
"Where is he?" For the past two months J had been so busy with work, over seas doing charity work, producing other artists albums, working on the clothing line, and coming out with a cologne this summer. We hadn’t really had a lot of time to spend together. While I was on tour he was only able to come to two of the shows, the first one and the last. I looked down at my phone to see if I had any messages, none. Trust me I understand the business but, I was hoping that he would cut back some and consider that we have a family and were bringing a child into the world.

"Da-da?"

"Da-da is on his way baby he's working real hard so he can keep buying you lots of pretty dresses and toys," I said tickling her. Baby Sara had become a little fashionista. Her and Suri were neck and neck, she get's that from her momma in heaven. Justin and I both told Sara about Crystal we didn't go into detail about what happened as we knew she wouldn't understand just that she has two mommies and one is in heaven looking down on her watching her. "Finally." My phone started buzzing against the night stand. "Justin?"

"Hey, the shoot is taking longer than I thought go ahead and go I will meet you there."

"Justin you promised we would go together, the last two appointments I had to meet up with you."

"Jenn I'm doing the best I can OK? Call Mike, have him drive you."

"Yeah ok."

"I love you."

"Love you too." His end clicked. The last two doctor appointments he was late coming in the middle of the ultra sound. "Come on babe lets get ready."

"Da-da?"

"He's going to meet us there." I helped her to the edge of the bed, slipped her purple jellys on her feet.

"Dream!"

"Upstairs!" I helped Sara off the bed; I'd gotten too big to carry her.

"Charles!" Sara yelped clapping her hands.

"Hey sweetheart, don't you have a doctor’s appointment in like fifteen minutes?" Charles asked kissing my cheek and looking down at his watch.

"Yeah Justin’s photo shoot is going over so I have to get Mike to take us." I rushed to get Sar-Sar bag ready.

"Don't bother Big Mike I can take you," Charles said playing with Sara.

"Are you sure?"


"Yeah it's no problem. I don’t have anything to do anyway."

"OK let’s go." Charles picked up Sara and took the bag from me putting it on is shoulder.


"Good afternoon Mrs. Timberlake how are things going?" Dr. Chung asked walking into the room. The half black, half Asian doctor closed the door behind her.

"All is well; I'm ready to have this baby," I smiled rubbing my growing tummy.

"You have company today?" Dr. Chung asked looking at Charles.

"Yes, this is Charles a good friend of mine."

"Nice to meet you," Charles said shaking the doctors hand.

"Same here, I remember this cutie," she said pinching Sara's cheeks.

"Say hi Sara." Sara shied away, putting her face in Charles’ neck.

"That’s ok, lets get started. You can go ahead and lay back Jenn." I did as told. The baby kicked when she lifted my blouse and helped unbutton my pants, I pulled my black lacey panties up under my belly. "I see you got your sexy panties on today." She turned on the monitor

"Yeah girl, I gotta keep my marriage spicy," I giggled and looked at the door hoping J would come in at any moment. She squeezed the bottle on my stomach. "Cold." I looked over at Charles giving Sara an animal cracker. A loud heart beat echoed in the room.

"There he is; a strong heartbeat." I looked at the screen there was our son. "Has he been keeping you up at night?"

"Umm...sometimes not too often, but when he does I just turn some music on and he goes to sleep."

"Wow, amazing." Charles looked mesmerized looking at the screen. "He's beautiful."

"Thank you, I think Justin and I did a good job," I said smiling, there was a knock on the door and Justin's head peeked in. "Hey." My smile got bigger.

"Sorry I’m late," he said smiling closing the door behind him.

"That's ok." He leaned down and kissed my lips and looked to his left and his smile immediately fell. I knew the drive home would be a long one.


“Look how you’re acting,” I told Justin after I decided to go with Justin. I really didn’t want to make a scene and have the people in the office thinking something was off. “You came in the middle of my ultra sound, late, and ganging up on me about Charles…”

“Our ultrasound,” Justin corrected me.

“You could have fooled me, actin’ like somebody with any sense. Seems like it’s all about you and your obsession with Charles than about US!” We argued all the way home until Justin pulled into the driveway.

“Jen I really want you to end it with Charles. I don't trust him. I think he has some other kind of memo then being your friend,” he said as he pulled the keys out of the ignition and staring forward.

“Justin please! You said the same thing with Kia you wanted me to break it off with her...”

"And I was right!" I couldn't say anything after that one. We both sat in silence before Sara's snoring could be heard in the back. We both smiled and looked at her.

"We better get inside." What was happening to us?


“Hey girl, what you been up to?” Shelia asked, walking into the bedroom which had become my new habitat.

“Nothing, still pregnant. What’s up with you?” I asked as she hopped up on the bed.

“You been saying that since the beginning,” Sheila laughed, “At least you only have three more months.”

“Yeah.”

“Have you talked to Charles yet?” She asked and I looked at her.

“No. I don’t know what to tell him...” I began, “Hey my husband doesn’t want me to be friends with you anymore?’

“If you have to…” Sheila said laughing.

“It’s not funny!” I told her. “I miss him. His smile, the way he made me and Sara laugh when he tries to dance. You really wanna see a white boy dance?” Sheila’s smile faded and became serious.

“Jennifer can I ask you something?” she asked and I nodded. “Are you falling for Charles?” Silence. “OH MY GO…”

“Hold up! I didn’t say I was,” I quickly corrected her.

“You didn’t have to!” She said and looked at me, “It’s all over your face!”

“Look…” I began, “I don’t know, it just happened. Justin’s been so busy. It’s nice to have someone to care.”

“Y’all didn’t?” Sheila asked with a raised eyebrow.

“WHAT? Girl NO!” I answered shocked. “I’m pregnant!”

“Hey it happens,” she shrugged, “You watch Jerry.”

“Girl you’re crazy,” I brushed her off and she looked at me.

“Seriously Jen,” she said, “Be careful. You’re heading into dangerous territory.”
Chapter 22- Justin by angel_from_africa
I just stared at Charles and then at Jen; wondering what he was doing here. I knew I was a few minutes late for the appointment but I thought Mike was supposed to bring her not that sleaze bag.

“Jen, can we talk?” I asked her and looked at Charles, “In PRIVATE.”

“Sure baby,” Jen smiled and looked at Charles and at the doctor, who I’m sure was feeling the tension. “Do you mind?”

“Not at all,” Charles said and handed Sara to Jen before he and the doctor quickly stepped out of the room. Once they were gone I sighed and sat down on the chair next to the examination table where Jen was lying.

“I thought Mike was bringing you,” I told her and took Sara from her. She shrugged and leaned her head back on the pillow.

“I was going to call but then Charles…” Jen began but I cut her off.

“You need to watch what you say around him Jen,” I said and looked her in the eye, “He likes to run his mouth off especially to Johnny and…”

“Is that why you hate him so much?” Jen asked and I could tell she was a bit hurt. I winced. “Because he admires our relationship so much?”

“Is that what he told you?” I asked and nearly choked. Wow, she really was delusional. I should ask the doctor to check her or something. “He does not admire OUR relationship at all baby. He told Johnny about the baby!”

“What?” Jen asked; I could tell this shocked her because we’d vowed not to tell our managers until we were sure this would go smoothly. “He didn’t. He wouldn’t!”

“He would and he did,” I told her and squeezed her hand; she pulled it away from he and sat up.

“You’re lying,” she whispered and I shook my head. I knew how much she liked Charles but the dude was a snake.

“Why would I lie to you Jen?” I asked her and she gave me a skeptical look. “Ok. So I know me and him haven’t been the best of buddies but this is not something I would lie about ok? Really.”

“I thought you would be different once we found out about this baby,” she snapped and glared at me. I was shocked, why was she so mad at me? “It turns out you aren’t.”

“Jen!” I protested but she shook her head at me and I knew what she was going to say.

“Just go J,” she said and turned away from me. I could hear the tears in her voice. “I’ll get Charles to drop me home.”

“Fine,” I snapped and stood up. “But Sara’s coming with me.”

“Now that’s going a bit too…” she began and I looked at her.

“No it’s not,” I said calmly and picked up Sara’s things. “She’s my daughter not his.”


By the time I got home I had stopped listening. Jen had decided to high tail it away from Charles and come home with me; trying to talk some sense into me. I couldn’t believe she had refused to listen to me!

“Are you listening to me J?” I looked up from my white shoes and stared at Trace who had been babbling in my ear ever since I walked into his door a few hours ago.

“Sorry no,” I sheepishly admitted. Trace sighed and rolled his eyes. “Was it important?”

“Important?” Trace asked and looked as if I was crazy. “Dude! I am trying to tell you what YOUR wife said to Sheila today and you’re spacing out on me?” He shook his head and took a sip of his drink. “She must not be that important to you.”

“What do you mean?” I asked angrily and stood up. I did not want to hear how pathetic I was especially from my best friend. I could not take another person I cared about hating me. “I do care about Jen.”

“Really? Is that why when I was trying to tell you about how she is falling for Charles you decide your shoes are more important?” He asked and eyed me suspiciously.

“SHE WHAT?” I yelled, I was sure my face was going red.

“She feels as if she’s falling for Charles,” Trace repeated calmly. “Because she feels you’re never there for her.”

“Never there for her?” I asked and found myself pacing the room. “Wasn’t I there for the ultrasound? I have always put her, Sara and the baby first!”

“Really?” Trace asked and stood up so he could be eye level with me. “Is that why you’ve been working 24/7?”

“I need to work 24/7!” I yelled and ran my hands through my hair; almost ripping out a few curls. “I have to support them!”

“Yes but support comes in many forms,” Trace replied and grasped my hands; slowly prying them away from my head. “Work is not the only form of support. You need to be there for her when she needs you. As in physically be there for her not by sending her a big ass check every week.”

“I don’t..” I began but Trace cut me off with a shake of his head.

“I know you don’t it’s just a figure of speech,” he explained. “Now go home ok? Go be with her. Take a few days off and spend some time with her and Sara.”

“But what about…” I started.

“I’ll talk to Johnny and explain the situation to him ok?” he said and looked me dead in the eye. “Don’t worry man I got your back.”


“Jen??” I called but there was no answer. I sighed angrily and ran up the stairs two at a time. “Jen?”

“Shh!” Jen stepped out of Sara’s room as soon as I got to the top of the stairs. I sighed with relief and jogged over to her. “I just put Sara to sleep.”

“Oh good,” I nodded and hugged her; I felt her pull away slightly and look up at me all confused. “Uh, we need to talk.”

“Ok,” she nodded as if she knew what I wanted to talk about. I gulped and took her hand, leading her towards our bedroom. This was going to be one long night.


Jen stormed out of the room and I let out a long sigh. That did not go as planned. After I told her about Johnny and his attitude towards the baby she just went crazy. Called me a liar and said I only was trying to cover up my lying ass.

It took me a few seconds to realize that she was really angry when I heard the front door slam; causing me to bolt out of bed and charge down the stairs. I swung the front door open and saw the sight I had dreaded to see. Jen’s black SUV pull out of the driveway and into the darkness of the night.
This story archived at http://nsync-fiction.com/archive/viewstory.php?sid=951