Something More by Sassy Spacey
Summary: Tara Miller is the next big thing in the movie industry. She goes off to Tennessee for three months to film her next movie. But she has no idea what's in store for her when she gets there.
Categories: In Progress Het Stories Characters: Justin Timberlake
Awards: None
Genres: Alternate Universe, Drama, Romance
Challenges: Somebody
Challenges: Somebody
Series: None
Chapters: 22 Completed: No Word count: 72591 Read: 42650 Published: Jul 20, 2008 Updated: May 31, 2010
Story Notes:
This story idea was formed from Christine's free plot Somebody: Justin's a nobody, but loves a somebody. Instead of being a star, Justin is no one, but he falls in love with a celebrity. What would it be like for him if the rolls were reversed.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

I don't claim to know anything about shooting a movie or anything that it entails. All the information I write about is taken from watching behind the scenes things for movies, or generally just made up.

1. Prologue by Sassy Spacey

2. Chapter 01 by Sassy Spacey

3. Chapter 02 by Sassy Spacey

4. Chapter 03 by Sassy Spacey

5. Chapter 04 by Sassy Spacey

6. Chapter 05 by Sassy Spacey

7. Chapter 06 by Sassy Spacey

8. Chapter 07 by Sassy Spacey

9. Chapter 08 by Sassy Spacey

10. Chapter 09 by Sassy Spacey

11. Chapter 10 by Sassy Spacey

12. Chapter 11 by Sassy Spacey

13. Chapter 12 by Sassy Spacey

14. Chapter 13 by Sassy Spacey

15. Chapter 14 by Sassy Spacey

16. Chapter 15 by Sassy Spacey

17. Chapter 16 by Sassy Spacey

18. Chapter 17 by Sassy Spacey

19. Chapter 18 by Sassy Spacey

20. Chapter 19 by Sassy Spacey

21. Chapter 20 by Sassy Spacey

22. Chapter 21 by Sassy Spacey

Prologue by Sassy Spacey
Photobucket

Prologue

Tara looked out the window of the small jet plane; her eyes were soar from the tears that were building behind them. She had on big black sunglasses to hide her red tear stained cheeks as she curled up in the chair, pulling her knees close to her chest resting her chin on the top of her knees.

She willed the tears not to escape as she sniffled and proceeded to wipe her nose with the sleeve of her long sleeved shirt, and then she hugged legs to her chest once again as she sighed heavily.

Even though she had the music blaring into her ear from her IPOD, she could not escape the thoughts running through her mind. Thoughts of the past three months she spent in Tennessee, the past three months she spent opening her heart to another.
End Notes:
Comments? Questions? E-mail me at Spacey1141@hotmail.com
Chapter 01 by Sassy Spacey
Author's Notes:
Alright, now the story is getting started. Thanks to all of you who have reviewed, I hope this part still keeps you interested. Let me know what you think :) PS - Thanks Christine once again for doing some editing :-P
Chapter 01:

Tara Miller looked out the window of her private jet plane as it flew high above the skyline of New York City. She was heading out on location for her next movie but really wasn’t looking forward to it at all.

She just finished filming a movie on location in Europe and had enough time to come back to New York for a week for some interviews and photo opportunities before re-packing and getting onto her plane for the next location.

Her manager, Markus Jones explained that it was the best for her; as long as the scripts kept coming she was going to do as many movies as possible. All of this could stop tomorrow and she knew that, she was grateful that she had such great movies so far, this one would be no exception but she wanted a break. She wanted to be normal for a while. But who knew when that would happen.

She sighed as she looked out the window, watching the plane head higher into the sky and the city below her disappearing. She reached into her purse that was sitting on the seat beside her and pulled out her IPOD, and stuck the right head phone into her ear before putting it on shuffle mode and leaning back in her chair and closed her eyes getting ready for the plane ride.

Her eyes stayed closed for about five minutes before someone shook her back into reality. She turned towards the aisle and opened her eyes slowly.

She saw the outline of her assistant Hannah McCoy standing next to her, looking down at her holding a phone to her ear. Her long curly blonde hair was up in a bun out of her face, and her thin rimed glasses sat on her nose.

“Tara,” she whispered.

Tara groaned sleepily. “Hmmm” she mumbled before closing her eyes once again.

“Markus is on the phone,” she said. “He wants to talk to you.”

Markus had discovered her while she was doing a small modeling job in New York when she first moved out there and took her under his wing and turned her into the star she is today.

“Tell him I’m sleeping,” she mumbled yawning.

Hannah sighed. “She’s sleeping,” she said into the phone.

Hannah was quiet for a minute before Tara opened her eyes and looked at Hannah who was frowning and held the phone out to her.

“He said he heard you talking, so you’re obviously not sleeping,” she said with a pleading look.

Tara sighed before sitting up in her chair before reaching for the phone that Hannah was holding out to her, and took the ear phone out of her ear before putting the phone to it.

“Yes Mark,” she said.

Hannah made an apologetic face before going to sit back down in her seat that was across the plane.

“Everything ok?” he asked. She could hear the tapping of a keyboard on the other side of the line.

“Fine, I’m trying to rest before I get there,” she said into the phone.

“You’ll have plenty of time for that, they don’t start shooting until this weekend,” he replied. “How’s the flight so far?”

“Fine,” Tara said looking around the plane.

Hannah was sitting in her chair going through her organizer and her bodyguard Teddy was reclined back in his chair, his baseball hat covering his face.

“You should be the last to arrive, everyone got there today,” Mark began to explain as Tara rolled her eyes and leaned back in her chair looking out the window of the plane.

“Hannah has your schedule, so have her go over it with you and you guys have a run through tomorrow so be ready,” Mark finished.

“I know Mark, I have the script memorized,” Tara replied before yawning.

“Jus makin’ sure,” Mark replied chuckling.

Tara sighed as Mark finished talking to her before hanging up the phone. Tara closed the phone as Hannah turned and looked at her.

“Everything ok?” she questioned.

Tara nodded before holding out the phone for her. Hannah got up and retrieved the phone, putting it away in her purse.

“You have about two hours before we land,” she said, “if you want to take a nap.”

Tara nodded before putting her earphones back into her ear and pressing play on her IPOD before lying back in her chair to look out the window again, her eyes beginning to close.

-*-

About two hours later Tara stepped out of the private jet making her way down the steps that led to the ground holding on tightly to the rail. She had on a long black jacket, and big sun glasses that covered her eyes from the setting sun. She gripped her purse tightly as she looked around the landscape as she made her way down the stairs and reached the bottom.

Hannah was right behind her making her way down the stairs her big purse hanging from her arm as she followed Tara down the stairs. Teddy was right behind them, scanning the landscape as he made his way down the stairs as well.

There was a large black SUV waiting a few feet away with the driver standing outside the car, arms crossed over his chest as he waited for them to make their way towards him.

Tara stepped off the last step and looked around the rural Tennessee area as she adjusted her purse on her shoulder. Hannah followed behind her making her way off the stairs and made her way to stand next to Tara.

“The car’s gonna take us about an hour to the hotel,” Hannah said as she looked back at Teddy who stepped off the last step of the plane.

Tara nodded as they made their way towards the SUV, the driver and Teddy were already loading the luggage from the plane into the trunk of the SUV, as Hannah opened the back door and Tara climbed inside.

“Are you hungry?” Hannah asked as she got into the back seat next to her.

Tara shrugged as she buckled her seat belt, “Kinda” she said. “But I don’t know what I want.”

“We’ll see what they have,” Hannah said as she closed the door of the SUV.

The driver and Teddy finished loading the car and got into the car as well, Teddy in the passenger seat and the driver started up the SUV and they began their journey out of the airport and towards the highway.

Tara watched the night life pass by her as they made their way down the darkening highway eventually taking off her sunglasses because of the setting sun. They passed a small town and it looked like it was completely closed down, she looked at the clock on the radio it was only going to be 7 o’clock. This was going to be exciting for the next three months.

“Is there any place to eat around here?” Hannah asked the driver as they passed the small town moving on to the next one.

“There’s a diner next to the hotel where you’re staying,” the driver explained, “We should be there in about 45 minutes.”

Hannah nodded and looked at Tara, who nodded in approval. The rest of the ride was quiet as they continued their drive towards town. The driver turned onto what looked like the main road to the town. There were a few shops on the street, including a general store, a hair salon, some antique shops, and an auto repair shop and at the end was the diner across the street the hotel.

The driver parked the SUV at the hotel and everyone filed out of the car.

“Let me get us checked in, and then I’ll meet you at the diner ok?” Hannah suggested.

Tara nodded before looking across the street at the diner.

“Teddy, go ahead with her, I’ll get the bellboy to help me with the bags,” Hannah said.

Teddy nodded as he made his way next to Tara and they made their way across the street towards the diner as Hannah made her way into the hotel as the driver started to unload their luggage onto a cart.

Tara looked up and down both sides of the street before she made her way across the street with Teddy following behind her. She didn’t even know why she looked, there was no one around.

She adjusted the purse on her arm as she stepped on the curb and reached the door of the diner. She opened it, stepping inside and holding the door open for Teddy who made his way in behind her.

“Evening,” came a female voice from behind the counter.

Tara put on her best smile, “Hi” she said.

“Have a seat anywhere, someone will be around to help you,” she said.

Tara nodded and opted for a booth in the back of the diner. Teddy followed sitting next to her as she moved to sit in the middle of the booth, putting her purse next to her on the bench.

She looked around the small diner and noticed a few older gentlemen sitting at the counter, cups of coffee in hand as they talked to each other. Tara put her purse in front of her and began to look through it, taking out her cell phone to look at the time.

8 o’clock

She put her phone away and took out a lip gloss that was in one of the inside pockets of her purse and applied it before looking out the window to see if Hannah was coming.

After a few minutes of silence, a young waitress came over holding a stack of menus. She had her brown hair up in a bun with a pen sticking through it like it was holding it in place. She had on a pair of jeans and black polo shirt, with white Keds covering her feet. She had a short apron wrapped around her waist, a pad of paper and pen sticking out of it.

“Evening guys,” she said as she reached the table and handed out the menus.

Tara smiled up at her and took a menu as did Teddy.

“My name is Megan, I’ll bet your waitress,” she started. “Can I get you guys something to drink?” she asked.

“I’ll take some sweet tea,” Tara said.

“Just a water for me,” Teddy said.

Megan nodded. “Are you guys waiting for someone else?” she asked.

Tara looked out the window again and noticed Hannah making her way across the street, “She’s on her way,” Tara explained.

Megan nodded and waited for Hannah to walk into the restaurant and made her way toward them and sat down next to Tara smiling up at the waitress.

“I was just putting in the drink order, do you want anything?” Megan asked as Hannah put her purse beside her.

“I’ll have a coffee thanks,” she said with a smile.

Megan nodded before leaving and going behind the counter.

“Everything is fine,” Hannah said as she reached for a menu. “I got us three rooms, all on the same floor next to each other and with the other cast,” she explained.

“Did you see anyone?” Tara asked as she flipped through her menu.

“I ran into the director in the lobby” she explained. “He said he may be looking into getting people trailers for their remainder of the stay instead of us living in the hotel.”

Tara nodded. “I hope the beds are comfortable,” she said. “Where’s the rest of the cast?”

“I guess there’s this bar a few miles away,” Hannah explained. “Most of them are there, it’s Karaoke night.”

Teddy chuckled as he searched the menu. Tara giggled herself and nudged him, as he shook his head.

“C’mon Teddy Bear, you know you want to show ‘em how it’s done,” she said.

He laughed again before shaking his head. Tara smiled and looked back at her menu, she was just gonna have a salad. She was tired and would be asleep soon.

A few minutes later, Megan came back with their drinks on a tray and put them on the table in front of the right person.

“You guys decided what you want?” Megan asked as she took out her pad and pen.

They each told her what they wanted before she took off again. The three sat around making small talk as they waited for their food.

“So, what’s the plan for tomorrow?” Tara asked as she sipped her tea.

“We’re meeting at the school tomorrow after breakfast time,” Hannah said as she put some sugar and cream into her coffee.

“They’ll do a run through of the script, and probably get started on some of the scenes tomorrow,” Hannah finished as she sipped her coffee.

“Where are we filming?” Tara asked.

“The main high school is down the road a ways,” Hannah explained. “Its summertime here, so school’s not in session the only people there will probably be the sports teams that practice during the summer.”

Tara nodded. A few minutes later, Megan came over with their food putting a plate in front of each of them before taking off again. They all began to eat as they continued talking.

“Markus said he was gonna make his way down here in a couple of weeks,” Hannah said again as she ate a French fry from her plate.

“Yeah,” Tara rolled her eyes.

Teddy chuckled as he ate his breakfast food.

“Are we gonna go for a run in the morning?” Hannah asked Tara as she sipped more of her coffee.

Tara sighed. “I guess I should,” she said.

“You’re playing a high school cheerleader,” Hannah said. “You need to look the part.”

“Does that mean they want to dye my hair?” Tara asked as she ran a hand down her wavy hair pouting.

Hannah chuckled. “No, they may put some blonde highlights in it though,” she said.

They finished eating their meal and talking before paying the tab and heading back across the street to the hotel. After Hannah gave them each a key to their hotel rooms they headed to their rooms to get ready for bed.

-*-

Tara slipped the key into the lock of hotel room. It was just a small room, with a bed a couple of dresser drawers, a night table by her bed and small TV across from the bed. There was a small bathroom on the opposite side of the room.

She turned on the light switch by the door, and a small lamp that was on the table by her bed turned on illuminating the room. She noticed her luggage was sitting on her queen-sized bed along with her tote bag she had brought with her onto the plane.

She walked over to the small bedside table and put her purse down, along with her keys and kicked off her shoes. She noticed a small vase of sunflowers sitting on the dresser with a small note attached to it. She walked over and took the card off, opening it up.

Tara,
Glad you decided to take this movie. It should be fun working together. I just wanted to get you something to make sure your stay is more comfortable and not get homesick. I’ll see you tomorrow at the run through.

-Tyler

PS- My room is 255 if you ever need me for anything :)


Tara smiled as she put the card back into the envelope. She met her co-star Tyler Johnson one time at a fundraiser that Markus had set up. He was very charming and handsome, and she was semi-excited that she was going to get a chance to work with him on this film.

She walked back over to the bed and opened up her suitcase looking at the shirts and pants that she had packed. She probably wouldn’t get to spend much time in her regular clothes anyway. She figured she might as well wait to unpack until the director knew if they were going to move into trailers instead.

She took out a pair of sweat pants and a tank top, along with her toiletry bag before closing and zipping up the suitcase and putting it on the floor by the wall out of the way. She changed into her pj’s before walking into the small bathroom to do her nightly rituals.

After putting her hair up, washing her face, and brushing her teeth she walked back into the bedroom and sat down on the bed, opening up her tote bag and taking out the recent book she was reading. Reading made her sleepy, and she had to get her rest before the run through tomorrow.

She did some adjusting of her pillows before going through her purse and pulling out her cell phone and charger and plugging it in before putting it on her bed stand. She checked her messages, one from Markus, one from her mom, and one from her sister. She’d call them back tomorrow, it was already late.

She got herself under the covers and started in on her book, her eyes eventually closing and letting sleep take over her.
End Notes:
Comments? Questions? E-mail me at Spacey1141@hotmail.com
Chapter 02 by Sassy Spacey
Author's Notes:
Here is part two. Thanks so much for reading and reviewing, glad you guy's are enjoying it. I'm going on vacation for the next week so I thought I'd add another chapter before I left. Let me know what you think! :)
Chapter 02:

Justin Timberlake woke up to the sound of obnoxiously loud cartoons blaring from the TV that was across from his king-sized bed. He tried to open his eyes, squinting as he tried to rid the sleep from and figure out where the noise was coming from.

He turned his head when he heard the familiar giggle of his 5-year-old son Randy, who was sitting on the edge of the bed, blue blanket wrapped tightly around his body, feet dangling, as he watched the TV on the opposite wall.

Justin let out a sleepy groan, moving the covers over his head. Randy turned his head when he heard his father’s sleepy groan realizing his father was waking up and turned his body to face him before crawling towards him.

“Papa,” he said with a smile as he curled up next to his father’s warm body.

Justin groaned again as he reached out for the small figuring curling against his body, and pulled him closer to his chest.

“What time is it?” Justin mumbled.

Randy lifted his head and looked at the digital clock on the night stand and then lay back down.

“Seven tirty,” he said with a smile.

Justin chuckled at his son’s pronunciation, before kissing his head.

“Got to get up,” he mumbled. “School today.”

Randy whined curling into his father’s body as Justin rubbed his back lightly.

“C’mon buddy,” he said. “I’ll make some cinnamon rolls,” he bribed.

Randy lifted his head, a bright smile appearing on his face and his bright blue eyes that matched his own looked back at him. Justin looked at him with a chuckle.

“Go get dressed and brush your teeth,” Justin replied helping him off the bed.

Randy took off out of the bedroom and down the hallway towards his bedroom. Justin got himself up and walked down the opposite hallway towards the kitchen. He took a tube of cinnamon rolls out of the fridge, cracking open the tube putting them on a sheet and sticking them into the oven. After setting the timer on the oven, and turning on the already set coffee machine he walked back down the hallway towards his bedroom.

He took off the thin white tank top he was wearing and slipped out of his pajama pants before slipping into a pair of khaki pants and a black polo shirt with the High School’s logo on the front. He walked into the bathroom to do his morning rituals of washing his face, brushing his teeth, shaving his face, and running a hand through his semi curled brown hair.

He was pulling on his socks and shoes when Randy came bouncing back into his room. He was dressed in a pair of blue jeans, and a graphic t-shirt that looked two sizes too big, his socked feet slipping on the hard wood floor.

“I’m ready!” he announced with a bright smile.

Justin looked up. “Did you brush your teeth?” he questioned.

Randy smiled big once again, showing his pearly whites and nodded his head.

Justin chuckled before standing up. “All right, to the kitchen,” he said.

Randy rushed off down the hall towards the kitchen with Justin following behind him. As Randy reached the kitchen and climbed onto the stool by the bar, the timer on the oven went off and Justin grabbed some oven mitts before opening the oven.

“Oooo smells good,” Randy said, licking his lips in anticipation.

Justin chuckled as he set the pan down on the counter. After icing the cinnamon rolls and putting one on a paper plate along with a cup of milk, Randy dug into his breakfast. Justin chuckled watching him as he sat down beside him, eating his own breakfast.

“So, don’t forget mom’s picking you up from school ok?” Justin said as he drank a cup of coffee.

Randy looked at him and nodded, as his tongue wandered his lips licking off the icing.

“Will I see you later?” Randy asked.

Justin smiled. “I don’t know, it’s your mom’s turn tonight bud,” he said.

Randy sighed as he looked down at his plate again. Justin watched him closely as he reached for his cup of milk, taking a drink. He knew it was hard on Randy to not have both his parents together.

Randy’s mother, Susan and he had been together since their school days. They had grown up together, until they decided to go their junior high dance together and the rest turned into their dating history.

After high school, they both went to their desired schools, before making their way back home to get married and start a family. Things were good for a while, but eventually things fizzled out. Justin’s desire to want to simply be a basketball coach and Susan’s desire to be a successful lawyer made them both realize, they weren’t meant to be together.

So they separated, thinking time to themselves would make them realize that they truly loved each other but in the end, it wasn’t meant to be. They divorced when Randy was three and since then had shared custody of him. Justin’s role as a father had not suffered, he was there for him whenever he was needed and would continue to be.

“You might get to see your Uncle Andy,” Justin said, trying to make the situation easier.

Randy did a half smile as took another bite of his cinnamon roll. Uncle Andy was Susan’s brother who Randy had grown extremely close to since his parents’ separation. Justin sighed before leaning over to run his hand on the top of his son’s head, ruffling his blonde hair before kissing his head softly.

Justin put the last of his cinnamon roll in his mouth before getting up and throwing his paper plate away before washing his hands in the sink. He took the last gulp of his coffee before turning to Randy once again.

“You almost done bud?” he asked. “We gotta go.”

Randy nodded as he took the last bite before getting off the stool and throwing his trash away. Justin lifted him to the sink so that he could wash his hands, before helping him dry them.

“All right, you have your bag?’ Justin asked as he set Randy on the ground.

Randy nodded before walking towards the door, where his backpack was hanging on a hook in the foyer by the closet. He slipped on his shoes as Justin followed him, grabbing his keys that were on their own hook.

Justin opened the door and Randy took off down the steps towards Justin’s old truck as Justin locked the door behind him. He watched his son as he waited patiently by the back door of the truck for Justin to unlock it.

After getting both himself and Randy situated in the car, they took off towards town, their day going off like any other, without a hitch.

-*-

Justin dropped Randy off at his school, even though it was summer both Justin and Susan agreed that Randy should still keep his schedule of going to school, which was more like a day care, over the summer.

His high school basketball team’s practice didn’t start until 10 a.m. so he killed some time by driving down to the Auto Repair shop where his best friend worked. He parked his old truck in one of the vacant spots before climbing out.

He made his way towards the small office, knocking softly on the window before entering, not waiting for an answer.

“Morning,” Justin said stepping into the office.

Trace was sitting behind his desk, writing some stuff down on a piece of paper when he looked up.

“Hey buddy, what’s goin’ on?” he questioned, but kept on writing.

“Nothin’, I just dropped Randy off at school,” Justin replied, “Had some time to kill.”

Trace chuckled. “I can’t believe you’re makin’ your boys practice over the summer,” he said as he stopped writing and leaned back in his chair.

“I’m just keeping them in shape,” Justin defended. He leaned against the wall, his arms crossing over his chest as he looked at Trace from across the room.

“You used to hate when Coach Rick did that to you when you were in school,” Trace said with a chuckle.

Justin rolled his eyes. “I know, I know,” he said.

“Did you eat yet?” Trace asked, his arms stretching up towards the ceiling.

Justin nodded. “I made cinnamon rolls for Randy this morning,” he said. “Why? You hungry?”

“I think I want some flap jacks,” Trace replied before standing up, reaching for his keys that were on his desk.

Justin chuckled as followed his friend out of the office and waited until he locked it up. They headed down the sidewalk towards the diner that was down the street. As they were walking and making small talk before Trace nudged him lightly.

“Who is that?” he questioned with a sly smile.

Justin turned to see who his friend and staring at and saw them; two females and a male jogging their way down the street, all keeping pace with each other. Justin’s eyes followed them as they made their way down the street before looking ahead.

“They’re filming at the school,” Justin replied. “I bet they’re some of the people in the movie.”

Trace smiled. “Filming at the school?” he questioned. “Why didn’t you tell me this before?”

Justin chuckled. “Please Trace, they’re all out of your league” he said.

“You never know,” Trace said with a smile. “I may be what they’re lookin for.”

They reached the diner and Justin opened the door, Trace walked in first with Justin following behind him.

“You gonna go down to Mike’s tonight?” Trace asked.

Justin shrugged. “I’ll think about it,” he said.

“Andrew’s band is gonna play,” Trace said. “It’s gonna be a good show”

Justin rolled his eyes, like he hadn’t seen Andrew play a million times before. He waved to Sherry who was part owner of the diner along with her husband Mike. They were his ex-in laws, but still considered him family.

“Morning sweetie, how are you this morning?” Sherry said as Justin went over to give her a hug.

“Just fine Sherry,” he said with a smile. “How’s business?”

“Oh it’s doing fine, it’ll be better now that we have the movie being filmed here,” Sherry said with smile. “We already had a big dinner crowd last night.”

Justin nodded before he and Trace sat down at the counter, not bothering to look at the menus before Trace ordered his pancakes and Justin some water.

“And how is that gorgeous Grandson of mine?” Sherry asked with a smile.

Justin smiled. “He’s good, I just dropped him off at his day care,” he said.

“Are you going to sign him up for basketball soon?” she questioned. “I would love to see him play.”

Justin chuckled. “I’m tryin’ to talk Susan into it,” he said with a wink. “Maybe you can convince her for me.”

She gave him a wink back. “I’ll see what I can do,” she said.

Justin laughed. They sat around and talked a little more with Sherry, while Trace ate his breakfast before it was time for Justin to get going. He gave Sherry a hug, before shaking hands with Trace and leaving the diner heading down the street towards his car.

As he made his way back towards his car, he spotted the three people making their way back down the street this time walking at a fast pace. As they neared him he bowed his head.

“Morning,” he said to them.

“Morning,” the male responded while the two females smiled in response.

He continued on his way, not realizing that both females turned and watched him walk away.
End Notes:
Comments? Questions? E-mail me at Spacey1141@hotmail.com
Chapter 03 by Sassy Spacey
Author's Notes:
Here's another chapter. Thanks to everyone who is reading and reviewing, I'm glad you guys are enjoying it. I do start school in another week, but hopefully my updates won't suffer because of that. Anyway, hope you're enjoying it ... let me know what you think :)
Chapter 03:

After her morning jog Tara took a quick shower before meeting Hannah and Teddy down in the lobby of the hotel. She had a cup of orange juice and a power bar for breakfast because she wasn’t that hungry.

She dressed casually in some jeans and a tank top, her hair going up in a clip and slipped on some plain white tennis shoes. She grabbed her purse stuffing the script, a magazine, her book, her IPOD and a few essentials inside before looking around the hotel room once more to make sure she didn’t leave anything behind.

She put her big sunglasses on before she walked down the hallway towards the elevator and pressed the down button when she reached it. She waited for the elevator looking up at the numbers lit up slowly.

Finally, after what seemed like forever, it lit up and the doors swung open. Hannah appeared behind the doors, looking through her purse. She looked up as the doors dinged open.

“Oh good you’re ready,” Hannah said with a smile.

Tara nodded as she stepped into the elevator but Hannah stepped out of it turning to her.

“I forgot my organizer,” Hannah explained. “Teddy’s downstairs already, I’ll be right there.”

“You want me to wait for you?” Tara asked, holding the side of the elevator to keep the doors from closing.

Hannah shook her head no. “I’ll be fine,” she said. “I’ll be real quick.”

Tara nodded and pressed the button for the lobby floor. Hannah took off down the hallway towards her room.

The elevator reached the lobby and Tara stepped off and found Teddy standing around the lobby looking at some old pictures hanging on the wall. Tara went and stood next to him, nudging his arm lightly.

“Whatcha lookin’ at?” she asked.

He shrugged. “Some history it looks like.” He said looking at an old black and white photograph of the front of the hotel.

“Hmm…” Tara said before turning to look at the elevators when she heard the ding.

Hannah made her way out of the elevator her organizer in hand. Tara touched Teddy’s arm to get his attention as they all turned and walked out of the hotel lobby. The driver from last night was waiting outside the black SUV once again; doors open and ready for them to enter.

They sat in the same seats from the night before, and the driver started the car and they made their way down the road towards the local high school.

-*-

A few hours later, the cast had all sat together and did a run through of the script with the director Jackson. He explained that they were going to be making some changes to the script but nothing major and would all be informed ahead of time of the changes.

After the run through, they were going to start calling people into the make-up trailer so that they could work on everyone’s look for the movie. So everyone was pretty much free to do whatever until they were called.

Tara caught up a little with a fellow co-star, Renee who was going to be playing her character’s best friend in the movie. She had once worked with Renee on a TV show that she did when she first started out in the industry. Renee was a short, spunky girl with dark black short hair and brown eyes and always found a way to lighten up any situation.

Before long, Renee was called into the make-up trailer so Tara found a seat and was just going to listen to some music and go over the script once more. Hannah was sitting down close by, fielding phone calls and writing things down in her organizer as Teddy keep his eye on the scene.

Tara was about to flip her script open when she felt a tap on her shoulder, and turned to look up, her eyes squinting from the sun as she looked at the figure standing next to her.

“Tyler, hey.” She said with a smile.

He smiled back. “I’m not interrupting am I?” he questioned, looking concerned.

Tara smiled back, pulling the earphones out of her ears and shutting off her IPOD. Watching as his shaggy brown hair covered his blue eyes.

“Of course not,” she said. “What’s going on?”

He shrugged, his lips turning into a crooked smile. “Nothing, I just wanted to see if you wanted to go on a walk with me, you know to kill some time.”

Tara then turned to Hannah, who was pretending not to be listening as she wrote some things down in her organizer.

“Hannah, I’m gonna go take a walk ok?” Tara said as she stood up, stuffing her things back into her bag.

Hannah looked up. “Oh yeah sure, I’ll call you when they’re ready.” She said.

Tara nodded before turning to Tyler who was holding out his arm for her to take. She smiled and wrapped her arm around his before they made their way around the school campus.

They had ventured into the school walking up and down the empty hallways.

“It’s almost like a ghost town,” Tyler said.

“Almost,” Tara said. “But it’s summer; you can’t expect anyone to be here.”

Tyler nodded. “True.” He said.

They were silent for a moment as they ventured out some double doors taking them out into the PE field of the school.

“Oh, thanks so much for the flowers by the way,” Tara said. “That was really sweet of you.”

He smirked. “You’re welcome, I’m glad you liked them.” He replied.

“So, when did you get in?” she questioned as they continued their journey around the school.

“Yesterday afternoon,” he said. “Renee and I got here together.”

She nodded.

“What about you?” He questioned.

“Last night,” she replied. “We headed to the diner for dinner, but the town looked like it was completely shut down for the night.”

Tyler laughed. “Yeah, they close pretty early around here,” he replied. “A bunch of us went down to the bar last night, you should have joined us.”

“I was so tired when I got in,” Tara explained. “I just got done filming in Europe about a week ago and had enough time to come home and re-pack before coming out here.”

“Markus, got you pretty busy huh?” Tyler questioned.

Tara nodded. “Oh you know Markus and his ‘this could all stop tomorrow’ attitude,” she explained.

Tyler laughed, this time out loud throwing his head back as he did so making Tara smile at his response.

“Sounds like something Markus would say,” Tyler agreed.

“Yeah,” Tara replied.

Their conversation continued as they walked around the PE field before making their way back inside the hallway and back to where they started. As they were walking Tyler’s cell phone went off, and he groaned as he slipped it out of his pocket looking at the screen.

“It looks like I’m up for hair and make up,” he said.

Tara smiled. “We should head back then, I’m probably right behind you,” she replied.

He nodded. They made their way back down the hallway, towards the exit and across the parking lot to the trailers. When they reached everyone Tyler bid her goodbye before taking off into the trailer as Tara went to sit back down next to Hannah.

She sat down with a sigh, a smile creeping onto her face. Hannah looked at her out of the corner of her eye and noticed the big grin on her face.

“So, how was your walk?” she questioned.

Tara smiled before turning to look at her. “Fine,” she giggled.

Hannah shook her head and smiled. “Be careful Tar,” She warned.

Tara sighed. “I know,” she said. “He’s just too cute.”

Hannah laughed.

“Did I tell you he had sunflowers put into my room?” Tara questioned.

Hannah smirked. “Really?” she questioned.

Tara nodded.

“Wow,” Hannah said.

“I know,” Tara said smiling.

Before anyone could say anything else, Tara was called into the make-up trailer. She left her stuff with Hannah before making her way inside the trailer getting ready to turn into ‘Jessica’, her character.

-*-

After spending two hours in the make-up trailer, Tara was happy to break for lunch. She walked out of the trailer with Renee chatting as they made their way to where Hannah and Teddy were sitting.

“They better have some good food here, I’m starving!” Renee said.

“Me too,” Tara said as they reached Hannah and Teddy. “You guys ready to eat?”

They both looked up at her and nodded before standing and the four of them made their way to the catering food truck.

“I remember this one time, they catered Mexican food,” Renee explained. “It was so good, but it didn’t do well with people’s digestion if you know what I mean.” She winked.

Tara made a face. “Ew,” she said with a laugh.

“Yeah,” Reene said. “Not pretty.”

Tara laughed as they waited their turn. It turns out that the local diner was going to be catering their meals for the remainder of their stay. As they waited their turn, Renee checked out the people behind the table.

“Oh look who we have here,” she whispered to Tara.

Tara looked up the line and noticed a tall, muscular brown haired mean. He had on a an apron, his dark blue collared polo fitting over his chest nicely as he jeans hung off his trim waist. His eyes were a light green as he smiled at each passing person, helping them add food onto their plates.

“Don’t get in trouble now Renee,” Tara warned.

“Me?” she questioned. “Never.”

Tara laughed. They were next and Renee immediately stuck her hand out to him.

“Hey there, I’m Renee,” she smiled brightly.

He looked at her extended hand a minute before shaking it.

“Andrew,” he said with a smile. “Nice to meet you.”

Renee smiled. “Likewise,” she said and then turned toward Tara. “This is Tara, the star of this whole thing.”

Tara rolled her eyes before putting her hand out to shake Andrews. “Nice to meet you,” She said.

He nodded as he shook her hand.

“So what would you guys like?” he questioned. “We’ve got chicken, burgers, steak.”

“You got any steak that’s medium?” Renee questioned.

Andrew nodded before picking up some tongs and putting a piece of steak on Renee’s plate.

“A girl who likes meat, nice,” he winked.

She smiled. “When you’re done serving,” she said. “C’mon sit down with us, we’ll be at those tables over there.” She pointed.

He nodded. “I’ll see if I can,” he said with a wink.

Renee smiled and continued her way down the line, putting some side dishes on her plate. Tara opted for some chicken and followed Renee down the line before grabbing a water and heading down to the set of tables that were set up for them.

“He’s cute isn’t he?” Renee questioned with a smile as she opened up her water bottle.

Tara looked back at Andrew who was cleaning up the set of tables before looking back at her food.

“Don’t get us in trouble please Renee,” Tara warned.

Renee laughed. “Oh come on, we’re gonna be here for three months,” she said. “I gotta do something with my time.”

Tara chuckled as she started to eat and listened to Renee as she talked her ear off. While they were eating, Andrew had come over like he said and sat down next to Renee.

“So, what’s this whole movie about anyway?” he questioned, looking back and forth between Renee and Tara.

Renee smiled. “Well you see, Tara here plays Jessica who is Ms. Popular,” she explained. “While me, who plays Amanda, is not.”

“But we’re best friends,” Tara reminded.

Renee laughed. “That’s right, we’re best friends.”

Tara watched as Renee shamelessly flirted with Andrew while explaining the rest of the movie to him. All three talked awhile before Tara was called back to the trailer to finish up her make up.

“I should probably get going too,” Andrew said. “Duty calls.”

“Aww,” Renee said pouting.

Andrew chuckled. “You guy’s should come down to Mikes,” he explained. “It’s this bar down the ways, my band is gonna be there tonight.”

Renee turned to look at Tara her eyebrows rising before turning back to Andrew.

“Sure,” she smiled. “Let’s meet up say around 7 o’clock?”

Andrew nodded before getting a napkin and scribbling down the address, and his cell number just in case.

“Here are the directions,” he explained. “I’ll see you down there.”

She nodded before taking the napkin and folding it. “We’ll be there,” she said.

He got up and made his way back to the catering van, and Renee watched him walk away before turning to Tara.

“This is going to be three exciting months,” she said with a wink.
End Notes:
Comments? Questions? E-mail me at Spacey1141@hotmail.com
Chapter 04 by Sassy Spacey
Author's Notes:
This chapter is more of a transition chapter, so it's kind of short :) But more is coming soon so bare with me. Thanks to all of you who are reading and reviewing, I'm glad that you like it :) Let me know what you think :-P!
Chapter 04:

Justin had his boys practice for a good two hours before allowing them to have a water break. They were on the courts outside instead of being cooped up in the gym today and were sitting in a circle as they drank from their bottles and stretched a little.

“Have you guys seen the girls in this movie?” Brett asked, taking a drink of his Gatorade.

“Aww man, I saw two girls running this morning on Main Street,” Trevor said with a big smile.

Justin chuckled as he listened to his boys talking about the movie being made in town. They were just being the high school boys that they were. He had been with these boys since they were freshman and he coached JV. Now that they were going to start their senior year, he had been promoted to Varsity coach since the old one retired and all the boys had moved up with him.

“Yo dude, I think that’s her,” Trevor said pointing to a pair walking on the other side of the field.

“Don’t point you dumb ass,” Chad chuckled.

They all turned to look, including Justin. He remembered the girl from that morning running with the two other people on Main Street while Trace and he were walking to the diner.

“I bet they’ll let us be in the movie,” Landon suggested as he turned back to the guys.

“That would be so awesome,” Brett agreed.

The guys continued to talk and laugh about what it would be like to be in the movie. Justin watched the pair make their way around the field before walking back into the school building. Justin broke out of his day dream, clapping his hands together.

“C’mon guys, time to get back to work,” He said.

“Aww coach,” Trevor complained.

“C’mon, we only got another hour,” Justin replied.

The boys got up and continued on with their practice.

-*-

Practice finished an hour later and Justin bid the boys goodbye before gathering all the equipment and heading to his office while the boys went into the locker room to change and go home. He spent the afternoon doing some paper work before locking up the gym and heading to his truck.

He hated nights that Randy wasn’t with him; it really made him feel alone. He didn’t know how he would make it through the night sometimes. Most of the time he would lay awake in bed and look at the ceiling.

Justin reached his truck in the emptying parking lot. Most of the trailers were still there and he noticed people mingling around the parking lot. He noticed the diners catering truck parked, and his brother-in-law Andrew packing things up in the trunk.

He got into his truck and started it up, making his way towards the exit of the parking lot. Andrew noticed his truck and gave a wave to him as he passed; Justin slowed down the car to a stop by his side and rolled down his window.

“Hey buddy,” Andrew said with a smile.

“Sherry didn’t tell me you guys were catering the movie,” Justin said.

Andrew nodded. “This movie is doing wonders for our town,” he replied.

“No kidding,” Justin said.

“You going down to Mikes tonight?” Andrew asked.

Justin shrugged. “I’m thinking about it, Trace wants me to go,” he said.

“You should come,” Andrew said. “Susan has Randy doesn’t she?”

Justin nodded. “We’ll see,” he replied.

“I made friends with some of the actresses,” Andrew said with a wide smile. “I invited them to come, you should really think about it.”

Justin chuckled; even though Justin was his ex-brother-in-law, he still tried to set him up with women that he met.

“I’ll think about it,” Justin replied. “But I’ll let you get back to work.”

Andrew nodded. “I’ll see ya later,” he said.

Justin drove off, rolling his window up as he exited the parking lot and drove down the familiar road towards his house.

-*-

After Justin arrived home and did some cleaning. The house needed a good scrub down and when Randy was with him there was no time to do that. So when Randy was with his mom, that was then time for Justin could work on things.

He started out by doing some yard work, mowing the front yard, and then trimming the bushes before sweeping his patio. After doing that he went inside for some lunch, and a small break before he started cleaning the inside of house.

He did a couple of loads of laundry, and cleaned the kitchen and bathroom. He thought he had spent hours doing this, but when he glanced at the clock it was only going to be 6 o’clock. What was he going to do with the remainder of his night?

He went and sat down in his living room, propping his feet on the coffee table and looked straight ahead at the black TV screen. He could sit here and watch TV, or he could hang out with his buddies at Mikes. He closed his eyes, leaning his head back against the padded couch and sighed heavily.

Who was he kidding? He was going out.

He got up and raced down the hall towards the bathroom turning on the shower and getting ready for his night out.

An hour or so later he looked at himself in the bathroom mirror once more. He was dressed casually in nice jeans, and a checkered blue button down shirt and some white tennis shoes.

He sighed, running a hand through his semi-curly hair before turning to exit the bathroom and head out the door. He reached Mikes in about 20 minutes and noticed Trace’s car sitting in the parking lot, as well at Andrew’s.

He looked out the window before he got out; watching as couples and singles alike parked and headed into the small bar. He didn’t understand why he was so nervous, it was just Mikes, he had been there a million times before. Why did tonight feel different? Why did it feel scary?

-*-

After a few more hours at the high school, Jackson decided that everyone looked the way he had pictured and they wrapped up hair and make-up for the day. They were going to meet the next day, and start filming so they were told to make it an early night.

Renee had been ecstatic that Andrew had invited them to Mikes that night, and was talking Tara’s ear off about it as they headed to the parking lot of the school. She had in turn invited their fellow co-stars, and Tyler was all set to meet them there.

“Tonight is going to be awesome!” Renee said with a giggle as she walked with Tara toward the parking lot.

“We can’t have too much fun,” Tara warned. “You heard what Jackson said about tomorrow.”

Renee sighed and rolled her eyes. “C’mon Tar, have a little fun,” she said. “It’s gonna be fun, trust me.”

Tara sighed once again. They reached the parking lot with Hannah and Teddy following them. They had arranged to meet in the lobby of the hotel at 6:45, and then they would meet with Andrew at the bar at 7 o’clock.

“Alright, I’ll see you at 6:45,” Renee said. “Don’t be late.” She warned.

Tara nodded and waved goodbye to her before climbing into the back seat of the SUV followed by Hannah and Teddy sat in the passenger seat.

“So you’re going to a bar?” Hannah questioned.

Tara looked at her. “Yes,” she said. “You wanna come?”

Hannah shook her head. “Just be careful please,” she warned. “I do not need to hear it from Markus.”

Tara nodded. “I’ll be good, promise.” She smiled.

Hannah rolled her eyes. “I guess that means that Teddy won’t be going either?” she questioned.

Tara shrugged. “You know, I’m thinking about sending Teddy home,” she said. “I mean, I’ve been ok so far.”

Hannah watched her. “I can talk to Markus,” she offered.

Tara nodded. “Yeah, I think that’s best.” She said.

Hannah nodded as she took out her organizer and started to write something down. Tara turned from the landscape to Hannah watching her scribble something down in her organizer.

“Girl, you need to take a break,” Tara said. “I think you should come tonight.”

Hannah looked up at her and smiled, shaking her head no. “I’ll be fine at the hotel,” she said.

“Are you sure?” Tara asked. “This may be the last time we can do this before it’s strictly business for three months.”

Hannah looked at her. “I’ll think about it.” she said finally.

Tara smiled and nodded. “Good,” she said. “We’re meeting in the lobby at 6:45.”

Hannah nodded. They reached the hotel in record time, and Tara jumped out and rushed into the hotel, Hannah and Teddy right behind her. They reached the elevators and waited for it to come to the lobby, and when it did, Tara rushed inside excitingly pressing the three button on the panel.

They reached their floor and Tara bid them good-bye before rushing to her room, fumbling with her door key. She opened it finally and rushed inside closing the door quickly before going to her closet and pulling her suitcase out and opening it trying to find the perfect outfit for the evening.

After about an hour, she had showered and changed into some black pants and a white button down short sleeved shirt, and stuck on her black boots. She curled her hair and left it down so that it flowed down her back, and started to put on some make-up.

She glanced at the clock and it was 6:30, she had 15 minutes before she had to meet Renee down in the lobby. After she finished her make up, she grabbed her purse stuffing her keys inside and was about to walk out of her door when there was a knock.

She answered it, surprised to see Hannah there. Dressed in blue jeans and a red shirt her curly blond hair down and flowing around her face. Tara smiled at her.

“Wow, you look great!” Tara said with a smile.

Hannah’s cheek’s reddened. “Thanks,” she said. “I didn’t really bring anything too dressy.”

Tara smiled. “This is fine.” She said. “You ready?”

Hannah nodded. Tara walked out of her hotel room and closed the door behind her.

“Is Teddy comin’?” Tara asked as she looked down the hall.

Hannah shook her head. “I convinced him we would be okay,” she said. “But he may come later he said.”

Tara nodded. They headed down towards the elevator and waited for the elevator to be available for them. Tara watched Hannah out of the corner of her eye as she bit her lip nervously.

“Tonight should be fun,” Tara said trying to break the silence.

Hannah turned to her. “I hope so,” she said with a smile.

The elevator doors opened and they stepped inside, Hannah pressed the lobby button. The ride to the lobby was quick and when the doors opened, you could hear people laughing loudly. They stepped out of the elevator and walked towards the crowd of people. Renee was the first to notice them.

“Tar!” Renee said with a smile. “So glad you’re goin’.”

Tara smiled before she reached her. “Hannah’s gonna come with us,” she said pointing towards Hannah.

Renee nodded. “Sure the more the merrier.” She said. “Is that everyone?”

“I think so,” Tyler said as he made his way towards Renee and Tara.

He reached Tara, his arms opening for a hug. Tara hugged him back smiling. “Hey, glad you’re comin’.” She said.

He smiled. “Me too” he said.

After a few minutes, they decided to head down the road towards Mikes for a night of some country fun.
End Notes:
Comments? Questions? E-mail me at Spacey1141@hotmail.com
Chapter 05 by Sassy Spacey
Author's Notes:
Thanks to everyone who is reading and reviewing! I'm glad you're enjoying the story. Now the good stuff starts :) Let me know what you think!
Chapter 05:

Justin walked into Mikes and looked around for any familiar faces. He spotted Trace at the other end, drinking a beer and playing darts with a few guys he went to high school with. He sighed once more before he made his way towards his friends.

He reached Trace and put a hand on his shoulder standing next to him as Trace took a drink of his beer.

He turned to face Justin. “You came!” he said, surprised.

Justin chuckled. “Shocked?” he questioned.

Trace nodded.

“You guys remember Justin right?” Trace said as he turned to the group of guys he was playing darts with.

Justin rolled his eyes as he greeted each of the guys Trace was standing with.

“It hasn’t been that long,” Justin said.

Trace chuckled. “You want a beer?” he questioned.

Justin nodded. “Sure, I’ll get it though, you guys need anything?” he asked.

The guys shook their head no, and Justin made his way towards the bar.

-*-

Tara, Renee and Hannah made their way into the bar laughing and talking. As they stepped in Renee stood on her tip toes to look above the crowd for Andrew. She spotted him talking to a group of guys by the dart board and leaned over to talk to Tara.

“There’s Andrew,” she said. “Go get something to drink and I’ll be right over.”

Tara shook her head but smiled. “Be careful please,” she warned.

Renee winked at her before making her way toward the group of guys. Tara watched her go before sighing and turned back to Hannah.

“Ready for a drink?” Tara questioned.

Hannah looked around the dimly lit bar before looking at her, her face full of concern before she nodded hesitantly. Tara giggled at her expression before taking her arm and they made their way towards the bar.

“What do you want?” Tara asked. “I’m buying.”

Hannah shrugged. “Just get me a Long Island Iced Tea,” she said.

Tara nodded before she leaned against the bar, waiting for the bartender to notice her. After 15 minutes, no one had been over and she sighed before leaning over the bar once again trying to get his attention.

“Excuse me!” she called.

“He’s actually deaf in one ear, you have to pound on the bar,” a male voice said from behind her.

Tara turned to look at the owner of the voice. He was leaning against the bar too, his arms crossed on the surface as he leaned against it. His longish brown hair looked like he just ran his hands through it the ends starting to curl, his dark blue eyes glowing in the dim bar light.

Before Tara could respond, he pounded against the bar loudly and as if magic happened the bartender turned and made his way towards him, smiling.

“What did you want?” he asked.

It took a minute for Tara to break her eyes away from his before she responded.

“Oh um, a Long Island, and a rum and coke,” she said with a smile before reaching into her purse to take out the money.

He turned to the bartender and gave him the order before ordering himself a beer. He turned back to Tara but shook his head when she handed him some money.

“Don’t worry about it,” he said, taking out his own wallet from his back pocket.

“Are you sure?” Tara questioned.

He nodded. The bartender came back with his beer and the two other drinks and took the man’s money with a smile. He pushed the two drinks down the bar towards Tara and Hannah.

“I’m Justin by the way,” he said, his hand reaching out.

Tara shook it with a smile. “Tara,” she said. “This is Hannah.”

Hannah looked up when her name was said and smiled shyly and gave a small wave.

“Nice to meet you,” Justin said before taking a drink of his beer.

Hannah nodded before she began to mix her drink with her straw before turning to look around the bar once again. Tara took a drink of her own before turning back to look at Justin who was watching her.

“So, you new in town?” he questioned.

Tara smiled before she nodded. “I’m going to be in the movie they’re filming.” She said.

Justin nodded in understanding. “I thought you looked familiar,” he said.

Tara looked at him confused.

“Oh I mean,” he chuckled. “I’m a basketball coach at the school, and my team and I were out there today and I thought I saw you walking around the PE field.”

Tara nodded. “That was me,” she said with a smile. “My co-star and I were taking a walk.”

Justin nodded in response before taking another drink of his beer.

“Thanks for the drinks by the way,” Tara said with a smile.

He nodded. “No problem,” he said. “Now you know about his ear, so it shouldn’t be hard to get another drink,” he winked.

Tara giggled. Before their conversation continued, Renee came bouncing over all smiles and giggling as she drug Andrew behind her.

“Tara!” she said with a bright smile. “You remember Tara don’t you?” turning to Andrew.

Andrew nodded. “Of course, nice to see you again Tara,” he said.

Tara smiled.

“Who is this?” Renee asked looking Justin up and down with a smile.

Tara rolled her eyes, “Renee this is Justin,” she said.

Justin stuck his hand out to her, “Nice to meet you,” he said.

Renee shook his hand smiling before turning back to Tara giving her a look. Tara shook her head and laughed.

“How’s it going Justin?” Andrew asked him. “Glad you decided to show.”

Justin nodded. “Had some free time,” he said.

“You two know each other?” Renee asked looking between the two men.

“We um…” Justin started.

“Went to high school together,” Andrew finished, giving him a wink.

Justin nodded before taking a drink of his beer. The group chatted a while before Andrew had to make his way toward the stage to set up with his band. Everyone else made their way to a small booth on the side of the bar and waited for the music to start.

As they were talking, Trace came over to talk to Justin and after he was introduced to everyone, they headed to the bar together to get another round of drinks for the table.

“So, Justin is cute,” Renee said with a smile.

Tara laughed. “He’s just being nice, stop it,” she said.

“Uh huh, nice, I’m sure,” Renee said before taking a drink of her own beer that Andrew had bought her.

“Have you seen Tyler?” Renee asked as she looked at Tara.

Tara shook her head. “No, not since I got here,” she replied.

They all were quiet for a minute as they looked around the bar.

“Andrew looks adorable up there doesn’t he?” Renee questioned as she looked at Andrew, who was on stage conversing with his band mates.

Tara took a sip of her drink as she glanced up at Andrew quickly.

“Musicians are not what they seem Renee,” she warned. “Just remember that.”

Renee turned to her, her expression filled with concern. “What do you mean?” she questioned.

Tara glanced at Hannah who was pretending to look around the bar curiously, and then sighed before turning to look at Renee once again.

“Just trust me,” Tara said.

But before Renee could say anything else, Andrew’s voice broke out over the bar and everyone’s attention turned toward the stage.

“Thank you all for coming,” he began. “This one’s for some visitors in town, hope you have a blast here.”

He winked at Renee before he started playing the guitar that was hanging from his neck and his voice broke out over the crowd as he began singing. Renee’s smile brightened as she watched him play and soon she got up to dance around with the crowd that was forming in front of the stage.

Tara sighed as she watched her before turning to look at Hannah who was sucking on her straw and looking at the bar. Tara turned to see who she was staring so intensely at and noticed Trace and Justin talking at the bar.

Tara smiled before nudging her. “Does someone have a crush?” she questioned.

“Huh?” Hannah asked turning to look at Tara.

She giggled. “He is kinda cute in that country boy kinda way,” she said.

Hannah smiled. “I just think he’s cute, please do not try and set me up,” she begged.

Tara laughed. “Just don’t tell Renee,” she said.

Hannah laughed. “She’s crazy isn’t she?” she questioned.

Tara watched her friend bounce around on the dance floor before sighing and leaning her chin on her arm.

“She just has no fear,” she responded.

Hannah remained quiet as she sipped her drink and they continued to watch Andrew’s band play. A few minutes later, Tyler made his way towards the girls.

“Hey girls, how’s it going?” he said as he stood in front of their table.

Tara looked up at him. “Hey!” she smiled. “Where have you been?”

“There’s a pool table in another room, we were having a competition,” he explained.

“Who won?” Tara asked.

Tyler smiled and winked. “Me, of course,” he said.

She laughed.

“You wanna dance?” He asked Tara.

Tara looked at him then turned to Hannah, before looking back at him once again.

“I would but, I don’t want to leave Hannah by herself,” she explained.

Hannah turned to look at her. “Don’t worry about me, go,” she insisted.

“Are you sure?” Tara asked.

She nodded. “I got my drink, I’ll be fine,” she said.

Tyler turned to her again, holding out his hand.

“Shall we?” he questioned.

Tara smiled before standing up and taking his hand as they made their way to the dance floor.

-*-

As Justin and Trace waited at the bar for their turn, Trace turned to Justin.

“So, Tara seems nice,” he commented.

Justin nodded, but didn’t say anything else making Trace chuckle.

“C’mon man,” Trace continued. “You and Susan have been done for years.”

Justin shook his head. “This is not about her,” he insisted.

“Yeah it is,” Trace said. “If it wasn’t you’d be making the moves on her already.”

“I just met her,” Justin defended. “We all don’t sleep with people the first time we meet them.”

Trace turned to him. “You’re my friend, so I’m going to pretend you weren’t talking about me.”

Justin chuckled before shaking his head.

“All I’m saying is that you’ve found someone who is obviously interested in you and who you find attractive,” Trace began. “So don’t screw it up.”

Justin groaned as he leaned his head onto the bar, hitting it a few times. Trace watched him and chuckled before patting him on the back. He hadn’t actually dated or even shown an interest in someone in such a long time. How was he going to start a relationship with an actress?

A few minutes later the bartender came over and they got their order for the table before turning back to look at the table.

“Where’d they go?” Justin questioned.

Trace shrugged. “Hannah’s still there,” he replied. “She’s cute too huh?”

Justin sighed. “Control yourself Romeo,” he warned.

“Don’t worry about me,” he gave a wink.

Justin sighed before thanking the bartender and paying for the drinks and they made their way back towards the table with the tray of refills.

“Where did everyone go?” Trace asked.

“Dance floor,” Hannah said pointing in that direction.

Both men turned to the dance floor. Justin spotted Tara dancing with who appeared to be the co-star she was walking with earlier that day.

“You wanna take a spin?” Trace asked Hannah.

Hannah looked up at him, her eyes big in surprise.

“Me?” she questioned.

Trace chuckled at her expression, “Yeah, you,” he winked. “C’mon.”

Hannah looked up at him, still confused. Trace smiled and reached over taking her hand, pulling her up from her seat.

“C’mon!” he said again.

Hannah got up from the table quickly, and Trace dragged her onto the dance floor. Justin chuckled as he made himself comfortable in the booth, and began to finish off his beer that he bought.

Andrew’s band played a few songs before taking a break, so everyone came back to the table. Renee and Andrew came walking over, Renee’s arm wrapped around his waist as she looked up at him laughing at what he was saying.

“So how’d I do?” Andrew questioned as he reached for a beer sitting on the table.

“Fantastic!” Renee squealed. “Do you write your own stuff?”

He chuckled as he took a drink before looking down at her. “Most of it yeah, Justin’s helped me out once or twice.” He said with a wink.

Justin shook his head as Renee gave him a glance. “You should have come out and danced with us,” she said with a smile.

Justin shook his head. “I’m good,” he replied.

“Aww, c’mon next time,” she said.

Justin sighed. “We’ll see,” he said.

Trace and Hannah were coming back from the dance floor, and Trace had her giggling like a school girl as she reached over for her drink, Trace’s arms wrapped around her waist.

“You sound great out there Andrew,” she complemented him.

Andrew nodded. “Thank you, I’m glad you liked it,” he replied.

She took a sip of her tea, finishing it off as Trace finished off his beer.

“Where’d Tar go?” Renee questioned.

Hannah glanced at the dance floor. “Tyler came over and asked her to dance, I haven’t seen her since,” she said.

Trace cleared his throat; his foot giving Justin’s a little nudge under the table. Justin looked up at him his expression full of confusion before he kicked his leg back. Trace hissed as he stood up on one leg and rubbed the other with his hand, Hannah turned to him.

“You ok?” she questioned.

He nodded giving her a smile. They talked a little bit before Andrew went off to finish his set. Renee finished the last of her drink, putting her empty glass onto the table. She then turned towards Justin.

“C’mon, let’s dance,” she said taking his hand.

Justin shook his head. “I’m really ok,” he said.

She pouted. “Please?” she questioned.

He sighed and looked up at her. He finished off his beer before getting up and taking her hand onto the dance floor. Hannah opted to sit this one out while Trace went to get another beer. As she was sitting watching Trace talk with people in the bar, she spotted Tara coming towards her.

“Where were you?” Hannah asked.

Tara smiled. “I was playing pool with Tyler,” she said.

Hannah watched her as she sat down next to her, taking her drink and sipping on the straw.

“Where’s everyone?” she asked.

“Renee dragged Justin onto the dance floor,” Hannah said waiting for her reaction. She knew that she liked Justin, but also knew she didn’t want to get hurt.

“Oh,” Tara said. “And Trace?” she questioned winking. “I saw you guys on the dance floor.”

Hannah laughed. “He’s getting another drink,” she said.

Tara nodded as she peeked out onto the dance floor spotting Renee and Justin dancing. After a few more songs and drinks, the night was winding down. Hannah was feeling no pain as she had a few more Long Island Iced Teas, and continued dancing the night away with Trace. After Andrew’s set though, they mostly just stayed around the table drinking and talking like they were old pals.

“You guys have an early day tomorrow?” Andrew asked his arm around Renee’s shoulders as she leaned into him.

Renee groaned as she leaned her head on his shoulder. “We do,” she admitted. “You gonna cater lunch again?”

Andrew nodded. “As far as I know,” he said with a wink.

“What about you Justin, you workin’ too?” Renee asked.

Justin looked up at her from his drink. “I’ll be in the gym, do you guys have any idea where you’re filming?” he asked.

“I think we’re doin’ some library scenes,” Tara said.

“Oh library scenes,” Renee said with a smile and a wink.

Tara laughed and covered her face. Andrew watched her reaction and smirked.

“What?” he questioned.

Tara gave Renee a serious look and shook her head. Justin and Andrew watched the girls’ expressions before looking at each other.

“Is this the make-out scene??” Andrew asked, his eyes lighting up.

Tara’s cheeks turned red before she covered her face with her hands, and Renee let out a loud laugh.

“We totally have to catch this scene tomorrow!” Andrew said with a laugh.

Renee nudged him but smiled. “Don’t be mean,” she pouted.

He chuckled. “So how steamy does this movie get?” he questioned.

“It’s a teen film Andrew,” Renee said. “Don’t be perverted.”

“Perverted? Me?” Andrew said shocked.

Renee rolled her eyes. Tara was watching the dance floor, keeping her eye on Hannah who was dancing with Trace. Justin noticed the worried expression that was on Tara’s face as she watched them.

“She’s in good hands,” he said.

Tara turned to look at him, and smiled before looking back at them on the dance floor.

“I know,” she said. “She’s usually not one to just relax and hang out.”

Justin nodded in understanding before finishing off his beer. He had about reached his limit, or else he wouldn’t be able to drive home.

“Can I get you another?” she asked, noticing his empty bottle.

He shook his head sitting back in his chair. “No, I’m done for the night,” he said. “I won’t be able to drive home if I drink another.”

“Are you sure?” she questioned.

He shook his head. “I’m fine, really,” he replied. “Some other time.”

Tara watched him for a minute; did that mean they were going to see each other again? He hadn’t exactly been outgoing in his attraction to her, so she didn’t really know if he had any interest. She really wasn’t planning on getting involved either, but there was something about him that fascinated her.

“Did you just ask me what I think you did?” she teased.

Justin looked at her confused, his mind replaying what he had just said to her.

“Oh I mean-“ he started.

Tara only smiled. But before Justin could explain himself, Hannah came bouncing over with Trace following her.

“Did you see me?” she questioned her eyes big.

Tara looked up at her and smiled. “I did,” she said.

Hannah reached for her glass sipping the last of her tea.

“Do you want another?” Trace asked.

Tara shook her head at her. “Hannah, I think you’re done,” she said.

Hannah put the cup down and pouted.

“C’mon, one more won’t hurt her,” Trace said.

“No, I think we should get going,” Tara replied. “We have an early day tomorrow.”

Hannah sighed but nodded. “Alright,” she said then turned to Trace.

He was writing down his phone number on a piece of paper as Tara got up, gathering their purses before turning to Renee.

“You gonna come with us?” Tara questioned.

Renee looked at Tara and knew exactly what she had to do; she sighed and leaned to rest her head on Andrew’s shoulder.

“I should go,” she said. “I do have an early morning.”

“Can I walk you back to the hotel?” Andrew asked.

Renee smiled and nodded standing up grabbing her purse. Tara got her purse, as well as Hannah’s as Trace walked her towards the door, with everyone else following. They all filed out of the smoky bar and began their walk down the dirt road toward Main Street where the hotel was located.

Hannah and Trace ahead of them, as he tried to keep her on a straight path down the road, while Andrew and Renee in the middle, his arm wrapped around her shoulder as her arm was wrapped around his waist. Tara and Justin were at the end of the line following them.

“So, you coach basketball?” Tara asked as they made their way down the dimly light road.

Justin nodded. “I was just promoted to the varsity team,” he said.

“You like it?” she asked.

Justin chuckled. “I do, I know it sounds kinda lame compared to what you do, but-“

Tara shook her head. “I never said that,” she said. “I would love to stay in one place and do what I love,” she continued. “Unfortunately, there are only so many jobs in New York.”

“Is that where you’re from?” He asked.

Tara nodded. “Born and raised,” she said. “What about you?”

“I’ve lived here my whole life,” he commented.

“I bet that’s fun,” she said. “Everyone knowing who you are.”

“Yeah and your business too,” he chuckled.

Tara smiled. They continued their walk when they finally reached the lighted Main Street and made their way to the hotel.

“Listen, about before,” Justin started.

Tara shook her head and smiled. “I’m gonna hold you to it,” she said.

“I was just-“ he started again.

Tara giggled. “Its fine, besides it looks like our friends will be spending a lot more time together.”

Justin chuckled. “Yeah, I guess you’re right.”

They were standing in the front of the hotel, the two couples hugging goodbye before Trace passed a barely standing Hannah to Tara who was trying to keep her up right.

“We’ll see you guys tomorrow!” Renee said with a smile and a wave.

The three men waved before turning and making their way back towards the bar where their cars were parked.

All six of the having a night they never expected to have.
End Notes:
Comments? Questions? E-mail me at Spacey1141@hotmail.com
Chapter 06 by Sassy Spacey
Author's Notes:
I'm so sorry this update is a day late. I was trying to get the next chapter out to my editer before posting another one. Even with the day off on Monday, school has been kicking my butt and it's only the 2nd week. Anyway, enough whinning. Here's the next chapter, let me know what you think! :) Hope you like it!
Chapter 06:

Tara’s eyes opened with a start as the annoying beeping went off in her ear from her early 6 a.m. wake-up call. She groaned and turned over, reaching her hand out to smack the alarm clock making the noise stop. She sighed once it fell to the floor with a clunk and snuggled back under the covers of her bed.

She knew she had at least 10 minutes before Hannah gave her a call to make sure she was awake. She gave a heavy sigh before she closed her eyes once again and tried to go back to sleep. But her mind was not empty enough to allow sleep to creep back in.

Meeting Justin was something she did not expect to happen in this small town. After her break up with Roger, the musician, she felt like she would never find anyone she was interested in. She thought that every guy was out to break her heart, and she had to do her best to keep it closed off to anyone who could do that.

Justin was different though, he was a small town country boy who seemed sincere and honest. She was thinking about giving him a chance, about giving them a chance. That is if he felt the same. He was hard to read, and seemed closed off and not ready to open up. She wondered what was up with his past and what had happened to him to make him that way.

After not being able to fall back asleep, she lifted the covers from her face and looked up at the ceiling of the hotel room. She then reached for her cell phone that was sitting on her bedside table to look at the time, and noticed that 15 minutes had passed and she did not receive a phone call from Hannah.

She got up and headed into her small bathroom to take a shower and get ready for her long day of filming. She was ready and dressed in 45 minutes and then heard a knock on her door. She opened it and was surprised to see Teddy standing there.

“Hey,” she said. “Where’s Hannah?”

He shrugged. “I haven’t heard from her,” he explained. “But it’s almost time to go.”

She nodded. She left him at the door and went and grabbed her purse, stuffing her cell phone, script, iPOD, and some other things into it before leaving the room.

“Let’s go see what she’s doin’,” Tara said as she closed her door and they headed down towards Hannah’s room, which was the next door over.

Tara knocked once, waiting for her to answer.

Nothing.

She looked at Teddy once more before knocking again and waiting.

Nothing.

“I’m worried now,” she said looking up at him. “Did you get an extra key?”

Teddy nodded and reached into his pocket to take out a keychain of keys, Hannah gave him the two girls’ spare keys just in case. Tara put it into the slot and turned the key unlocking the hotel room.

“Wait here,” she said handing the key back to him.

He nodded and leaned against the hallway wall. Tara walked into the pitch black room, and saw the sun trying to burst into the small cracks of the curtains. She felt around the wall for a light switch, before she heard a groan.

“Hannah…” she said stopping in her tracks.

She heard another groan before it clicked, Tara knew exactly why Hannah was not up, it had to be the one too many Long Island Iced Tea’s she had last night with Trace. Tara couldn’t help the giggle that escaped her lips as she found the light switch and flipped it on.

A small lamp illuminated from the side of Hannah’s bed. Hannah was snuggled under the covers, still dressed in the clothes from last night, pillow covering her head.

“Hannah,” Tara said again. “Are you ok?”

“Stop shouting…” Hannah said weakly.

Tara bit her lip to stop from laughing and walked over to her bedside.

“Hannah,” she whispered this time.

Hannah peeked her head out from under the covers, squinting up at Tara.

“What time is it?” she questioned.

“It’s 7 o’clock,” Tara responded.

Hannah groaned.

“I can make it today without you,” Tara said. “Teddy will be with me.”

“No, no I’ll be okay,” she insisted attempting to get out from under the covers.

“I’ll be okay,” Tara said. “We’re just doing another run of the script.”

“Are you sure?” Hannah asked.

Tara nodded. “Positive,” she insisted.

Hannah sighed before lying back down in the bed. “Please never let me have another Long Island Iced Tea,” she said.

Tara giggled. “You got it,” she said. “I’ll call you when we break for lunch ok?”

Hannah nodded. “Thanks Tara,” she said.

“No problem,” she said. “Keep your phone on.”

“I will,” she mumbled.

Tara turned to leave, shutting off the lamp light and opened the door once again closing it behind her. Teddy straightened his stance looking at her expectedly.

“We had fun night last night,” Tara said with a giggle.

Teddy shook his head with a sigh.

“It’s just you and me today,” Tara announced as they walked down the hallway toward the elevators.

-*-

Tara’s day without Hannah by her side was definitely stressful and something she did not want to do again. Because Hannah was sleeping her hangover away, her phone was not being answered. Therefore, people were getting a hold of Markus who in turn was calling Tara wondering what was going on.

After explaining herself and trying to keep Hannah from getting fired she, assured Markus that she would be fine tomorrow and it would never happen again. Markus agreed to field the phone calls for today and fill Hannah in tomorrow.

When all of that was taken care of, they had another meeting with Jackson and the rest of the people working on the movie. Jackson had made it possible for some of the cast members to be moved into bungalows a few miles away and a couple of them could move in as soon as tonight. They went over a few more script changes before everyone was sent to get into costume.

Renee and Tara were in the costume trailer getting dressed behind wooden screens with their clothes hanging over the top.

“So Hannah couldn’t make it today huh?” Renee asked.

Tara chuckled. “She didn’t even change her clothes last night,” she said.

Renee giggled. “She was packing ‘em,” she replied.

“Well Trace kept pouring them down her throat,” Tara replied.

Renee laughed again. “I don’t know about you, but I had a blast,” she said.

“Yeah, it was pretty fun,” Tara agreed.

“You and Justin were talking a lot near the end of the night,” Renee mentioned.

“We were,” Tara agreed.

Both girls giggled.

“Girls, are you done? I don’t want to be here all day” the costume designer Ruby called to them.

“Coming!” Tara said as she finished changing.

A few minutes later, the girls stepped out from behind the screens, they were both dressed in the high school cheerleaders’ uniforms.

“It feels like my butt is showing,” Tara replied as she reached behind her pulling down the short skirt.

Ruby motioned her toward her and Tara stepped onto a stool in front of Ruby who then started making adjustments to her costume in front of a mirror. Renee stood beside them watching.

“So are you gonna hang out with Andrew tonight?” Tara asked, “Ask him to help you move,” she winked.

Renee smiled. “I don’t know, I haven’t talked to him,” she explained. “Hopefully he’s here for lunch.”

Tara nodded in understanding.

“What about you?” Renee asked. “Any future plans with Justin?”

Tara looked at herself in the full-length mirror in front of her, and then looked at Renee who was watching her.

“I don’t know, I kind of talked him into letting me buy him a beer,” she said unsure.

Renee’s smiled brightened. “When did this happen?” she questioned.

“While we were walking home last night,” Tara said. “I was just teasing him, but I don’t know, I think I might do it.”

Renee smiled and nudged her side. “Good for you girl,” she said.

“Lift your arms,” Ruby commented.

Tara did so watching as Ruby pulled down the material over her stomach and making a few adjustments. After about a half hour of working on Tara, it was Renee’s turn and now she was on the stool as Ruby moved around her making small adjustments to her costume.

When all the adjustments had been made, the girls changed back into their regular clothes to break for lunch. They made their way across the parking lot towards the diner’s catering car and picnic tables and got in line with everyone else.

Andrew was there as promised putting pieces of meat onto people’s plates. Renee spotted him and squealed gripping onto Tara’s arm as they made their way down the line.

“Hey there sexy,” Renee said with a smile.

Andrew looked up, and his smiled brightened as he leaned over the table to give Renee a kiss on the cheek.

“How are you?” he asked.

“Great!” Renee said with a smile, “Can’t say that about Hannah though,” she giggled.

Andrew smirked before he looked at Tara who was shaking her head with a smile.

“Don’t ask,” Tara said with a sigh.

Andrew chuckled. “I’ll meet you at the tables when I’m done ok?” he questioned.

Renee nodded as she loaded her plate with food and Tara followed behind her, and they made their way to a picnic table that was the farthest away from everyone else. They began eating making small talking about last night, and plans about moving into their bungalows when Andrew made his way over, talking on his phone. He hung up as soon as he reached them and sat down next to Renee.

“So, how’s it going today?” he asked.

“Fine,” Renee said looking at him. “How’s your day?”

“Fine,” he replied. “Where’s Hannah?”

Renee started to giggle and look at Tara who was watching them.

“Your friend gave her too many drinks last night, she’s sleeping it off,” Tara replied.

Andrew hissed, “Oh, sorry about that,” he said.

“Tell your friend no more drinks with him,” Tara said.

Andrew nodded. “I will,” he chuckled.

He then looked out over the field and smiled.

“Hey look who’s comin’,” he said with a smirk.

Tara and Renee both look where he was looking and noticed Justin making his way towards them. Renee grinned and looked back at Tara with a giggle. Tara turned back to the two, giving Renee a death stare who in turn looked at her innocently.

“What?” she questioned then pointed to Andrew.

Tara gave him a dirty look before turning towards Justin who was smiling as he made his way towards them.

“Hey guys how’s it going?” he questioned as he sat down.

“Fine,” Renee said with a smile. “Nice to see you again Justin,”

He nodded. “You too Renee” he said with a chuckle.

“Where’s Hannah?” he questioned.

Renee hid a giggle and Tara shook her head.

“Um, Trace gave her one too many drinks last night,” Andrew said watching Justin closely.

Justin frowned before he looked at Tara, “Sorry,” he said.

“Just tell your friend he’s not allowed to take Hannah to a bar, ever.” She said.

Justin nodded. “Got it,” he said.

There was a minute of silence before Renee spoke up.

“Oh yeah!” she said looking at Andrew. “Jackson got us bungalows to live in while we’re staying here, you wanna help me move in?”

“You guys got your own bungalows?” Andrew asked.

Renee nodded and smiled.

“Where are they?” he asked sneaking a drink of her water.

“On First and Pine,” Renee said. “You know it?”

He nodded. “Right down by the lake, wow those things have awesome views,” he said.

“Is Hannah gonna be up to moving?” Justin asked.

Tara watched him. “I don’t know, I should probably call her and see how things are,” she said and got up reaching for her phone.

She walked away from the group opening up her cell phone and dialing Hannah’s number. Justin turned to Renee and Andrew watching as they were giggling about something.

“Is she really mad at me?” he questioned.

Renee looked at him, then at Tara and smiled. “She’ll get over it,” she assured him.

Everyone was quiet for a minute before Renee spoke up again.

“So, are you on break?” she questioned Justin.

“I let the guys go early,” he explained. “I have to go pick up my son at daycare pretty soon.”

Renee blinked. “You have a son?” she questioned.

He nodded. “He’s five,” he said.

“Do you have a picture?” she questioned.

Justin reached into his back pocket taking out his wallet and opening it up, pulling out Randy’s latest school photo holding it up for her.

“Awww,” she smiled. “He’s adorable.”

Justin smiled.

“What’s his name?” she questioned.

“Randall,” he said.

Renee smiled and nodded. “Cute,” she said.

Tara came back over a few minutes later closing her phone and sat down next to Justin.

“Who’s that?” she questioned pointing to the picture Renee was holding.

Renee showed her the picture with a smile.

“This is Justin’s son Randall,” Renee said. “He’s five.”

Tara looked at the picture noticing the boy’s bright smile, and big blue eyes just like Justin’s.

“Cute,” Tara said with a smile.

Renee gave the picture back to Justin before turning Tara again.

“How’s Hannah?” she questioned.

“Fine,” Tara said. “Trace came by and brought soup,”

“Wow,” Renee said. “You country boys know how to play it,”

Andrew looked at her and chuckled. “What is that supposed to mean?” he questioned.

Renee sighed and rolled her eyes. “Forget it,” she said.

The three talked a little while before Andrew had to get back to work. He agreed to come by with his truck and help the girls move to the bungalows later that evening, depending on when their day ended. Justin said he would try to make it, but it depended on his son. They all said goodbye once again as the two men headed in one direction and the girls headed off towards another.

-*-

Justin pulled his truck out of the parking lot as he waved to Andrew once more before heading down the familiar road toward Randall’s daycare. He thought about Tara’s reaction when she found out he had a son, it wasn’t a bad reaction. She was surprised, which was expected, but she didn’t seem put off either. Maybe he had a chance. He wasn’t going to worry about meeting with them tonight, if he could make it then he would. If not, then he would see her eventually.

He pulled into the parking lot of Randy’s daycare and saw Susan’s Lexus parked in the parking lot along with a few other cars. He sighed before getting out of his truck and heading inside.

“Afternoon Mr. Timberlake,” the receptionist Karen replied.

“Afternoon Karen,” Justin said with a smile. “How are you doing?”

She smiled. “Very good, thank you,” she said.

Justin leaned over and signed his name on the clip board next to Randall’s name. He smiled at her once again before making his way down the hall towards his son’s classroom. He opened the door and peeked inside, spotting Randall sitting with his mom on one of the small desk chairs as she read him a story.

As soon as the door opened, Randall looked towards the door and his smile brightened instantly.

“Dad!” he called, scrambling down from his mother’s lap and running toward Justin at full force.

Justin smiled and bent down so that he was the same size as him as Randall launched himself into Justin’s arms.

“Hey buddy, I missed you!” Justin replied as he hugged him tightly before he kissed his head.

“Me too!” He said breaking away from the hug to look at him. “Mommy is here did you see?” he questioned and pointed to Susan who was still sitting in the small chair.

Justin turned to Susan who was watching them as she began to get up from her seat.

“Did you have a good time at Mom’s?” he questioned as he stood up looking down at Randall who was looking up at him.

Randall nodded. “We went to see Grandma and Grandpa at the diner,” he said with a smile. “Grandma made me a chocolate sundae with cherries!”

“She did?” he questioned.

Randall nodded excitedly, before taking Justin’s hand and pulling him more into the classroom where Susan was now standing and adjusting her black business skirt suit.

“Justin,” she said with a smile.

Justin smiled back, “Hey Susan,” he replied. “It is my night isn’t it?”

She nodded. “I just wanted to sat goodbye; I’m heading to Nashville for a conference remember?” she questioned.

Justin nodded. “Right, of course,” he said.

Randall went from his dad towards his mom and Susan bent down to hug him tightly.

“I’m gonna miss you buddy, I’ll call ok?” she questioned and kissed his forehead. “Be good for Dad,”

Randall nodded before letting go of her and looking up at both of his parents. Susan checked the time of her gold watch that was on her wrist before she picked up her purse that was sitting on the table and put it on her shoulder.

“I got to go before traffic starts,” she said. “I’ll see you soon honey,”

She bent down to kiss his forehead once more. She looked at Justin once before turning and making her way out of the classroom. Justin watched her walk away before he turned to look down at Randy who was pulling on his pant leg.

“Can we see Uncle Andy tonight?” he questioned.

Justin smiled, thinking about the plans that Andrew had already made for the evening.

“I don’t know,” Justin replied honestly. “I’ll call him and see ok?”

Randall nodded.

“Are you ready for lunch with Uncle Trace?” he questioned.

Randall’s smile brightened and he nodded excitedly.

“All right, go get your stuff,” he said.

Randall rushed over to his cubby and started to get his things together while Justin went over to his teacher. Pretty soon he was ready and came over to say goodbye to his teacher and friends before he and Justin headed out the door. Justin helped him into the truck and got him buckled in before they headed towards Trace’s auto body shop for lunch.
End Notes:
Comments? Questions? E-mail me at Spacey1141@hotmail.com
Chapter 07 by Sassy Spacey
Author's Notes:
I'm so sorry this took so long to come out. This is a longer chapter, so I hope that makes up for it :) I hope you all enjoy it and thanks for reading and reviewing. I'm glad you guy's are liking it so far. :) Let me know what you think!
Chapter 07:

The busy day continued for the cast and crew of the movie. They even started filming and of course Tara was in most of those scenes. So she had a busy day doing some scenes with Tyler while Renee got to go back to the hotel and start packing and head over to the bungalows.

Finally around 8 o’clock Jackson called it a day and everyone was able to go back to the Hotel. Tara got her stuff together and walked with Teddy to the waiting SUV. She got into the backseat taking out her cell phone and filtering through her missed calls.

She had a few calls from Markus, her mother, and sister again. She hadn’t called them since she got there because she had been so busy but she knew she’d have to make time to return some calls and she still had to talk to Markus about Teddy.

But she had to concentrate on the move right now and making sure everything was falling into place. She realized how important Hannah was right now, she did a lot for her and had to talk to Markus about doing something for her in appreciation.

They reached the hotel a few minutes later and Tara and Teddy made their way towards the entrance. They said hello to the front desk people, and then they made their way towards the elevator getting inside quickly and heading up the floors.

“Let me call Renee and see where she’s at,” Tara replied. “Go ahead and get packed and I’ll call you.”

Teddy nodded as they stepped off the elevator and walked down the hallway heading to their different rooms. Tara got into her room and sighed dropping her bags by the door and headed to the bed. She sat down on the edge and took out her phone searching through the phonebook for Renee’s number. She dialed and waited for her to answer.

“Tara! Are you done?” Renee answered giggling.

“I am,” Tara said with a sigh.

“Uh oh, you sound tired.”

“I am,” Tara chuckled. “It’s been a long day.”

“Well the faster you get moved in the faster you can sleep,” Renee replied. “The bungalows are fantastic by the way.”

“Are they?”

“I saved you one next to mine, it’s big I got you one with two rooms and a living room a so Teddy can sleep there.”

“You did?” Tara questioned. “That’s great, thanks Renee.”

“No problem.”

“So are you moved in?”

“Pretty much, Andrew came down to help so it went faster.”

“Well that was nice of him.”

Renee giggled and Tara heard a muffled conversation from Renee’s side of the line before she heard another laugh.

“Have you heard from Hannah?” Renee questioned.

“No, I’m going to call her right now and see if she’s up to moving.”

“All right, call me when you know, and I’ll have Andrew come with his truck.”

“Ok, I’ll talk to you later.”

“Ok, bye.”

Tara hung up before she dialed Hannah’s cell number and waited for her to answer.

“Hey Tara, are you back?”

“I am, did you hear about the bungalows?”

“I did.”

“Are you up to moving tonight?”

“Yeah, my headache is gone, the soup really helped.”

“All right, Renee was going to send Andrew to help.”

“Okay, I’ll come over when I’m done.”

“All right, see you in a few.”

They hung up. Tara then called Teddy and told him the same thing about the move before going into her bathroom and started to pack all of her things up.

-*-

Justin took Randy over to the Auto Repair shop to have lunch with Trace and hung out a little before they headed home. They watched some movies and played some basketball outside and before long it was getting close to dinner time.

Justin made Randy a simple dinner of grilled cheese and macaroni and after he was done Randy insisted that he get to see his Uncle Andy. Justin told Randy he would call him if he took a shower.

As Randy was showering Justin went outside to sit on the porch with his phone and gave Andrew a call. After a few rings, Andrew picked up his phone.

“Hey Justin, what’s goin’ on bro?”

“Are you busy?”

“Not really, I’m with Renee at the new bungalows.”

“Randy wants to see you,” Justin explained. “I can tell him you’re busy.”

“No, no come on over, Renee won’t mind.”

“Are you sure?”

“Of course, have you guys eaten?”

“Yeah, I just made him dinner.”

“All right, we were thinking about getting some pizzas for the girls.”

“You want me to pick ‘em up on the way down?”

“No, no. I’ll take care of it, just come over.”

“All right, the ones on First and Pine?”

“That’s it; I’ll see ya in a little bit.”

“All right, bye.”

Justin hung up and made his way back into the house as Randy came flying down the hallway, his hair a damp blonde mess and his clothes wrinkly.

“Ready!” he announced with a big smile.

Justin chuckled at his appearance. “Where did you get those clothes?” he questioned. “Under your bed?”

Randy shook his head no. “Are we going?” he questioned anxiously.

Justin nodded before turning him, and making his walk back down the hallway.

“We are, but you are not wearing those,” he said.

Randy rushed back to his room with Justin following him. Justin got out a pair of wrinkle free jeans and a T-shirt from his dresser and Randy got dressed in that. Justin went into his bedroom and took a look at his appearance in the body-length mirror before cringing and taking off his black work polo and khaki pants and changed into a pair of worn blue jeans and a white baseball tee with black sleeves.

As he was slipping on his white tennis shoes he heard Randy running down the hallway once again and knew that he was ready to go. They got into Justin’s truck once more and headed down towards the bungalows.

“I thought we were going to see Uncle Andrew?” Randy asked as he looked out of the window at the landscape passing by him.

“We are,” Justin said watching him in the rearview mirror.

“But this isn’t the way to his house,” Randy replied.

Justin smiled. “He’s helping some friends move into their new place,” Justin explained. “But he said it was okay for us to come by.”

“Oh,” Randy replied.

Justin made a turn onto First Street and drove down the dirt road towards the end where he knew the bungalows would be. He spotted Andrew and Renee sitting outside on what he assumed was Renee’s bungalow talking and laughing and he parked his truck next to Andrew’s.

By the time Justin parked Randy was already standing up in the back seat waiting for Justin to come around and open the back door. When he did, Randy flew from the truck and ran towards Andrew.

“Uncle Andy!” he shouted and ran towards him.

Andrew looked up and saw Randy running towards him and smiled as he got himself up and ready for Randy to launch himself at him. Justin chuckled as he watched him, following him making his way towards Renee and Andrew.

Randy launched into Andrew’s arms and Andrew stood up lifting him up and hugging him tightly.

“How’s my little man doing?” Andrew asked.

“Good!” Randy said hugging his neck tightly.

“Are you being good for your dad and mom?” Andrew questioned.

Randy nodded and looked over at Justin who was making his way towards them.

“Hey Justin,” Renee said with a smile as she looked up at him.

“Hey,” he replied. “How are things going?”

“Great, we’re just waiting on Tara,” Renee explained. “She’s supposed to call me when she’s ready.”

Justin nodded. “How was the rest of your day?” he questioned.

She sighed. “Tiring,” she said. “But at least I got to get out of there early.”

Before Justin could reply, Renee’s cell phone rang and she reached into her pocket and pulled it out smiling as she answered.

“Hey girl, are you ready?” she asked.

Justin turned back to Andrew who now had Randy hanging over his shoulder and Randy was beating his small fists against his back and laughing. Justin chuckled watching the two.

“So, what’s Susan doing tonight?” Andrew questioned.

Justin shrugged. “She has a conference down in Nashville,” he said.

“So Randy’s gonna be around for the rest of the week?” Andrew questioned.

“Yes!” Randy shouted with a giggle.

Justin chuckled. Renee came bouncing over with a smile after hanging up her phone.

“Tara’s ready,” she said.

“Great,” Andrew said. “I’ll head over to pick them up.”

“Actually,” Renee started. “I was hoping you could help me with something inside.”

Andrew looked at her a minute, “But I thought-“ he started.

“I need help with something,” Renee insisted. “Justin would you mind picking them up?”

Justin looked at her then at Andrew who was watching her suspiciously. Andrew shrugged before pulling Randy up over his shoulder. Randy sighed, his face all red as he giggled in Andrew’s arms.

“Yeah, I guess I could do it.” Justin said.

“Thanks!” Renee said with a smile. “We’ll watch Randy for you.”

“All right, sure,” Justin replied digging into his pockets taking out his car keys.

“They’re gonna be at the front of the hotel,” Renee called out.

Justin nodded before getting into his truck and started it up and headed down the dirt road toward the hotel.

-*-

Tara was packed and ready in 20 minutes and while she was finishing up packing her purse, there was a knock on her door. She opened it and Hannah was standing there, her bags loaded onto a cart.

“Are you ready?” Hannah asked.

Tara nodded. “I called Renee, Andrew should be on his way,” she said.

Hannah helped Tara load her bags onto the cart. Soon Teddy met with them and they headed down the elevator into the lobby. Hannah took their keys and headed to the front desk to check out while Tara waited with Teddy out front for Andrew.

As they were waiting, Tara was looking through her purse when she saw headlights heading their way and saw the familiar truck pull into the parking lot. She watched in confusion as Justin got out of his truck and was making his way towards them.

“Hey you guy’s ready?” he questioned.

“I thought Andrew was coming?” Tara asked surprised.

Justin nodded. “He was, but Renee needed his help at the bungalows,” he responded.

“We could have waited, I didn’t mean for you to come all the way out here,” Tara said.

“Its fine, Randy was visiting with Andrew so I was over there anyway,” Justin explained.

“Oh,” Tara responded.

“Are these the bags?” He asked pointing to the cart.

Tara nodded. Teddy introduced himself to Justin before helping him add the bags into the bed of his truck. Hannah came walking out of the hotel and stood next to Tara watching as the two men loaded the truck.

“I thought Andrew was coming,” Hannah said.

“Renee needed him to do something,” Tara explained. “Sounds a little fishy to me,”

Hannah giggled. “Well, you know Renee,” she said.

“Exactly,” Tara replied.

Hannah and Tara made their way toward the truck as Justin was closing the tailgate. Teddy and Hannah climbed into the backseat, while Tara sat in the passenger seat. When everyone got situated, he started it up and headed down the dirt road towards the bungalows. Everyone was silent as the landscape passed them by.

“Are you feeling better Hannah?” Justin asked watching Hannah in the rearview mirror.

Hannah looked up at him from her phone that she was going through, organizing her missed calls.

“Oh, I’m feeling much better thanks,” she replied.

“I’ve warned Trace he’s not allowed to give you anymore drinks,” Justin said.

Hannah giggled. “No bar trips for a while,” she agreed.

The rest of the drive was quiet. A few minutes later, they reached the area where the bungalows were lined up in front of the lake. Andrew was chasing Randy around the front yards of the bungalows as Renee sat laughing and watching them. Justin pulled his truck up next to Andrew’s, and everyone piled out. Renee noticed the truck pull up and got up quickly rushing towards them.

“Finally!” she squealed.

Tara laughed climbing out of the truck. “Some of us have to work,” she replied.

“Yeah, well,” Renee replied with a smile. “Hi Teddy, hi Hannah, feeling better?”

Hannah nodded. “Much,” she replied.

“Daddy!” Randy cried as he came rushing towards Justin.

Justin chuckled and held his arms out as Randy launched himself into his arms.

“Are you giving Uncle Andy a work out?” Justin asked.

Randy nodded with a smile, and then he turned towards Tara who was watching him curiously.

“Who’s that?” he questioned with a curious look.

Justin chuckled. “This is one of Renee’s friends, Tara,” he said.

He smiled. “Hi Tara,” he said with a bright smile.

Tara smiled. “Hi Randy, how are you?” she questioned.

“Fine,” he said then looked at Justin. “Daddy, I’m hungry.”

“Hungry?” Justin questioned. “We just had dinner.”

“But not dessert,” Randy replied.

Justin chuckled as Andrew came walking over, calming down from his chase.

“I’m gonna go get some pizza for everyone, why don’t you come and I’ll get you a cookie,” he suggested.

Randy’s eyes got big in excitement, “Can I?” he questioned.

Justin sighed. “Yes,” he replied. “But just one,”

Randy nodded and kissed his cheek before leaning towards Andrew. Andrew chuckled as he took him into his arms before turning towards Renee.

“You wanna come?” he asked.

She nodded. “Yeah, let’s go.” She replied.

They made their way toward Andrew’s truck. Justin and Tara watched them walk away before turning back and looked at each other. She semi-smiled before making her way toward the bed of the truck and helped Hannah and Teddy unload the bags and put them into the empty bungalow.

It took the group about 20 minutes to get everything into the empty bungalow that was equipped with a living room, a kitchen, a small bathroom, and two bedrooms. Hannah was sorting things out in her room while Teddy decided he was going to go for a walk around the area to check things out. Tara walked out of the bedroom that was going to be hers for the remainder of her stay, as Justin made his way into the bungalow with the last bag from his truck.

“Where do you want it?” He questioned holding the bag up for her to see.

Tara looked up at him surprised to see him in the room before glancing at the bag and realizing it was Hannah’s laptop bag.

“I’ll take it, its Hannah’s,” Tara explained making her way towards him.

He held the bag out for her to take, and her hand brushed his as she took the bag from him and she turned and smiled as she walked towards Hannah’s bedroom and left it by the closed door.

“I really appreciate all your help Justin,” Tara replied as she turned back toward him.

Justin ran a hand through his hair as he looked at her and smiled. “It’s not a problem,” he said.

“I really hope you don’t feel forced to be here, I know Renee can be a bit demanding,” she said watching him.

He chuckled. “It’s fine, really,” he said. “I’m glad that I can help.”

“Well, thank you,” she said.

He nodded. “You’re welcome,” he said.

They were silent for a minute both trying to think of something to say.

“You want to sit down?” she questioned, gesturing towards the small sofa.

He nodded and made his way toward the sofa. Tara followed and sat down next to him, facing him.

“So, how was the rest of your day?” He questioned.

Tara shrugged. “It was okay, we started shooting finally,” she explained.

“I don’t know how you do it,” he explained. “Having all those people watching me,” he shuddered.

Tara laughed. “You get used to it,” she explained. “Besides I couldn’t imagine doing anything else.”

“You always wanted to be an actress?” he questioned.

“I was kind of thrown into it,” she said with a smile. “My mom was a model in her younger days, and absolutely fell in love with the industry, so it was always her dream for one of her daughters to be a big time movie star.”

“You have a sister?” He questioned.

She nodded. “She’s my older sister, Lexi, she works behind the scenes;” she explained “She works on a few TV shows,”

“Are you guys close?” He questioned.

“Yeah, pretty close,” she said. “We don’t get to talk as much anymore, but we always make time for each other.”

They continued having a steady conversation about anything that came to mind and by the time Renee and Andrew came back they were talking and laughing like old friends. Renee walked into the bungalow holding a case of soda, and Andrew followed behind her with two big pizza boxes and Randy followed behind them holding a large paper bag.

“Food has arrived!” Andrew called.

They all gathered in the small kitchen setting out paper plates and cups as everyone got their food and sat around the small living room and began eating. Justin sat on the floor with Randy in his lap as he snacked on the big chocolate chip cookie that his Uncle had bought him sometimes sharing a bite or two with Justin.

They all talked and laughed enjoying each others company before Hannah mentioned that it was getting late and the girls needed to be up in the morning early. Renee went to walk Andrew to his truck and say her goodbye, while Justin went to get the now passed out Randall out of Tara’s room.

Hannah and Teddy were cleaning up the small living room area as Tara walked Justin out to his truck. She opened the back door for him and he slipped Randy into the seat buckling his seatbelt before he laid him down across the back seat. He closed the door before turning towards Tara.

“Well, I had fun,” he said with a smile.

Tara nodded. “Thanks for all the help,” she said once again.

“You’re welcome,” he said.

He was leaning against the side of the truck, his arms crossed over his chest as he looked down at her. She had her arms crossed over her chest as well, the cold air making her shiver as she looked up at him.

“You better get inside, you’re gonna get sick,” he warned.

She smiled. “I want to do something first,” she explained.

“What’s that?” he questioned.

She smiled again before uncrossing her arms and reached one hand up and holding his cheek as she leaned up on her tippy toes and kissed his lips softly. Justin held his lips to hers a minute before he realized what was happening and he moved his arms from his chest and leaned forward causing Tara to move and lean back against the truck as Justin kissed her back passionately.

Their lips moved together in a steamy dance, as Justin moved his hands to her face holding her face lightly as the steamy kiss continued. The roar of Andrew’s truck caused their kiss to break quickly and they were both panting as he looked at each other in the night.

“I should probably get him home,” Justin said after a minute of silence.

Tara nodded. “It’s pretty late,” she agreed. “I should probably get some sleep too.”

Justin nodded, dropping his hands from her face but he pulled her into a tight hug. Tara closed her eyes as she leaned against him, feeling his warmth wrap around her, his woodsy scent filling her senses. She broke the hug and looked up at him, before leaning forward to press her lips to his one final time and broke it quickly.

“I’ll see you tomorrow,” she commented with a smile before turning back towards the bungalows.

Justin watched her walk away before breaking out of his daze and getting into his truck quickly, thinking about what had just happened. He shook his head a smile creeping on his lips before he started his truck and headed home.

Tara rushed back into the bungalow where Hannah was tying up a trash bag and watching her intently. Tara noticed her stare and bit her lip nervously.

“Where’d Renee go?” she questioned.

“She went to her bungalow,” Hannah explained. “She said she’ll see ya tomorrow.”

Tara nodded and then yawned and stretched out her arms. “Well, I’m beat, I’m going to bed,” She said and made her way towards her bedroom.

“Night,” Hannah said watching her walk away.

She saw what had happened between them outside; she just hoped Tara wasn’t setting herself up for disappointment.
End Notes:
Comments? Questions? E-mail me at Spacey1141@hotmail.com
Chapter 08 by Sassy Spacey
Author's Notes:
I know, I know :( Sorry this chapter took sucha long time once again. School is just kicing my butt! It's already October, I can't believe it. I'm writing when I have the chance, but I don't want it to take over my schooling (which is what usually happens) so bare with me. Thanks to ALL of you who have read and reviewed I appreciate the GREAT feedback! Anyway, here is chapter 8, let me know what you think :)
Chapter 08:

Tara slept like a log because of the busy day yesterday that had taken a lot out of her. Even though she should be used to the long schedule, once she turned off her light, curled up under the covers of her bed, and closed her eyes, Justin’s face came to mind and she fell asleep with a smile on her face.

She did not stir until she heard a loud knocking on her bedroom door. She groaned, burying herself more into her covers.

“Tara, time to get up,” Hannah called through the door.

Tara remained quiet, her eyes closed.

“I’m gonna come in there unless you respond,” Hannah warned.

Tara’s eyes popped open and she yawned before sitting up in her bed, glancing out the window at the rising sun over the lake.

“I’m awake,” Tara groaned out.

“45 minutes until the car arrives,” Hannah replied.

“Kay,” Tara said.

She lifted the covers from her body and climbed out of the bed. She walked over to her suitcase stretching her arms into the air getting rid of all the creaks in her bones, before looking through her suitcase for some clothes for the day. She didn’t have time to unpack the night before because they had company.

She grabbed her stuff and walked out to the bathroom that was thankfully empty and closed the door quickly. She took a quick shower and changed into some comfy jeans and a tank top. About 45 minutes later Hannah came walking into Tara’s bedroom as she was slipping on a pair of white tennis shoes.

“You ready?” she questioned.

Tara nodded as she tied her shoe quickly before standing up and grabbing her purse from the bed and sticking the sunglasses over her eyes. There was a honk outside and both girls made their way outside and toward the waiting SUV with Teddy behind them.

They climbed into the SUV and made their way toward the high school. As they drove Hannah was flipping through her organizer before she spoke up.

“Since you’re gonna be busy all day, I was thinking about stocking up the kitchen at the bungalow,” she said. “And finish getting the place set up.”

Tara looked at her. “Would you?” she questioned. “That would be so nice; I don’t know if I can keep eating out like this.”

Hannah giggled. “Of course,” she said. “Tara, I’m here to help you, that’s why I came.”

Tara nodded. “I appreciate it,” she replied.

“Of course,” Hannah said. “Let me know if there’s anything you want ok?”

Tara nodded. They reached the school a few minutes later and got out of the SUV. Tara headed right to make-up, followed by Teddy. Hannah headed back to town to run some errands.

-*-

Justin over-slept his alarm since he had been out late the night before and Randy had not woken him up like he usually did. When he did wake up it was almost 9 o’clock and he had practice at 10 o’clock like usual.

He groaned when he saw the red lights shine from his alarm clock and closed his eyes once more. He would have to take Randy to practice with him, which was fine; the boys loved him like a little brother. But he knew that Susan would be upset that Randy had missed a day of school.

Justin got himself out of bed listening for any noise in the house, there was none. He figured he had time for a quick shower before waking up Randy.

He showered quickly before changing into his usual khaki pants and black polo shirt. He walked out into the hallway and heard the sound of cartoons coming from the living room. He smiled and made his way down the hallway toward the living room. Randy was curled up on his black Lazy Boy chair, cuddled under a blanket.

“Morning buddy,” Justin said.

Randy looked up at him and smiled sleepily.

“Morning dad,” he called back. “I missed school.”

Justin chuckled. “You did,” he said. “We had a late night last night huh?”

Randy nodded. He got up and made his way toward Justin lifting his arms toward him. Justin smiled and lifted him into his arms hugging him close.

“You want to come to work with me today?” Justin asked.

Randy smiled, “Can I?” he questioned.

Justin nodded. “You gotta get dress now though cause we have to go soon,” he said.

“Okay,” he replied wiggling out of Justin’s arms.

Justin chuckled and let him down and Randy took off toward his bedroom as Justin went into the kitchen to pack lunch for them and getting some breakfast ready for Randy.

A few minutes later Randy came running into the kitchen dressed in some basketball shorts, and the school’s basketball jersey with his sneakers on. Justin helped him get on top of the stool so he could eat his breakfast; which consisted of a muffin and orange juice.

Soon after eating, they cleaned up and headed out to Justin’s truck and made their way down to the high school.

-*-

Hannah did some exploring of the town for the majority of the morning sitting in the back of the SUV, just looking around and seeing where everything was. She headed into the diner in the late morning to sit down and make a list of what she needed to get at the market.

As she was sitting in a small booth, enjoying her cup of coffee, someone came over and sat down across from her. She glanced up surprised but smiled when she realized who it was.

“Good afternoon Ms. McCoy,” Trace said with a smile.

Hannah rolled her eyes, “Mr. Alaya,” she responded.

He chuckled. “Whatcha up too?” he questioned.

“I’m just running a few errands for Tara,” she said. “What about you?”

He shrugged. “Slow day at the office,” he replied.

She chuckled.

“You feeling better?” he questioned.

She nodded. “Much,” she replied. “Although, I’m banned from the bar, just so you know.”

He chuckled. “Justin told me,” he said. “Tara was not too happy with me huh?”

She shook her head. “She’s fine now,” she replied.

“Are they filming today?” he questioned.

“They are, we moved into those bungalows last night, so I’m just getting a few things for it,” she said.

“I see,” he said. “Need any help?”

She smiled but shook her head. “I’m good thanks,” she said.

He chuckled. “What did you do last night?” he questioned.

She watched him. “We moved into those bungalows on First and Pine, the director got us a good deal,” she explained. “And then Andrew and Justin came and had dinner with us.”

“I wasn’t invited?” he questioned, hurt.

Hannah giggled. “Was not my idea,” she explained.

“I see,” Trace replied. “So if it was your idea, I would have been invited?”

Hannah watched him once again, a smile creeping on her lips before she looked down at the paper she was writing on and chuckled. He smiled watching her nervous reaction.

“So is Tara gonna be working late?” Trace questioned.

“I don’t know yet,” she replied. “Why?”

“Well, we should go get some dinner tonight if she is,” he suggested. “So you know, so you’ll have something to do.”

Hannah looked up at him, her lips going into her mouth as she gnawed on it nervously. All of a sudden someone called his name from behind the counter and he looked at the person holding up his finger to signal he’d be a minute.

“Call me?” he questioned as he stood up.

Hannah watched him as he winked at her then walked to the counter grabbing the white paper bag from the counter and pulling out his wallet to pay. After receiving his change, he looked at Hannah once more who was watching him intently and he waved once more before walking out of the diner and making his way down the street toward his Auto Repair Shop.

Hannah watched him walk away, leaning her head on her arm as she gazed out the window. She couldn’t read him, was he really interested in her? Or was he just being nice?

-*-

Tara made her way behind one of the many trailers after getting done with a scene successfully, and sighed when she saw no one had followed her. She had had no free time to herself today and was starting to go nuts.

She was still dressed in her cheerleader’s costume as she sat down on a blanket she found and sitting down in the shaded area with a bottle of water and a granola bar and put her purse in front of her. Renee was doing some scenes with Tyler right now so she had a few minutes to herself.

She closed her eyes for a minute taking in a deep breath when she felt her purse vibrate. She reached inside and took out her phone looking at the caller ID.

“Hey sis,” she replied with a smile.

“Well it’s about time you answered your damn phone,” her sister Lexi exclaimed into the phone.

Tara giggled. “I know, I’m sorry,” She explained. “It’s been crazy busy since I got here.”

“How’s it going so far?”

“It’s been tiring,” Tara said simply.

She talked to her sister for a good half an hour talking about what had been going on with her for the past couple of weeks. She hadn’t gotten to talk to her since she came back from Europe. She didn’t even get to see her before she took off for Tennessee. Lexi talked to her about what had been going on in her life, including meeting a new guy who she thought could be the one. Tara laughed at her; every guy she met had a chance at being the one.

“So, any cute boys around?” Lexi asked.

Tara sighed at her question, trying to stop the smile on her face. Before she could answer, Lexi spoke up again.

“Wait, wasn’t Tyler going to be in this movie with you?”

“Yes,” Tara replied. “He’s here.”

“Hasn’t he always had a thing for you?”

Tara rolled her eyes and laughed.

“I don’t know,” she said. “He did leave me some sun flowers in my room though,”

“Awww,”

Tara laughed again.

“There has been this one guy though,” Tara began.

“Really? Who?”

Tara went on to explain to her sister about Justin, about their first meeting, and run-ins with each other, and about the night before at the bungalows.

“You sound smitten,” Lexi commented after hearing the whole story.

“I am,” Tara admitted. “You know how I have been after Roger, having no desire what so ever to be with anyone, but he’s different.”

“Obviously,” Lexi replied. “Are you gonna see him again?”

“We haven’t set up anything, but I’m sure I will.”

“Well good luck sister, you need some romance in your life.”

Tara laughed.

“I got to go Sis,” Lexi said. “But I’ll call ya later ok?”

“All right, do me a favor and call Mom, tell her everything’s all right and I’ll call her soon.”

“I will, love you Sis.”

“Love you too, bye!”

Tara hung up the phone, checking the time before putting it back into her purse. She opened her granola bar and water enjoying the quiet time, leaning back on her arms and closing her eyes feeling the cool breeze blow past her face. She took a drink of her water bottle and noticed two figures making their way towards her.

She squinted at the figures and recognized them right away, a smile forming on her lips. She saw the short figure wave to her excitedly and she waved back with a smile, as he began to run towards her.

“Hi Tara!” Randy exclaimed with a bright smile.

“Hey Randy, how are you?” Tara asked with a smile.

“Fine,” he replied. “I came to work with my Dad today.”

“I see that,” she said. “Are you having fun?”

He nodded. Justin made his way behind him holding two small brown paper bags and a large water bottle.

“I hope we’re not bugging you,” Justin explained. “We’re just trying to find a good place to have lunch.”

Tara moved herself onto the edge of her blanket.

“There’s plenty of room, no problem.” She said.

Randy did not wait for Justin and immediately took his spot next to Tara and reached up for his brown paper bag that Justin was holding. Justin chuckled as he handed it to him and sat down next to him on the blanket, Randy stuck in between the two adults.

“You’re not eating?” Justin questioned as Randy ripped into his lunch bag, you would think he hadn’t eaten all day.

Tara held up her granola bar and water bottle.

“That’s it?” he questioned. “You’re gonna starve!”

Tara chuckled. “I’ll be okay,” she replied.

Justin shook his head and took out his turkey sandwich from his bag, splitting it into two pieces and handed her a half.

“Here,” he said.

Tara looked at him, and smiled. “It’s really okay,” she said.

“It’ll make me feel better knowing that you ate something other then a granola bar,” he insisted holding out the sandwich half to her.

Tara looked at him and sighed before reaching for the sandwich half but smiled.

“Thank you,” she said.

He nodded and took a bite of his own sandwich. Randy was busy munching on a small bag of chips and eating his own peanut butter and jelly sandwich and watching the two adults carefully.

“So how’s your practice going?” Tara asked as she watched them.

“Good,” Justin said.

“Do you practice everyday?” she asked.

Justin nodded. “During the week,” he said.

“That’s not a fun way to spend summer,” Tara said with a smile.

He chuckled. “They’ll be thanking me when we win championships,” he said.

“You seem confident about that,” Tara observed.

He chuckled and finished off his half of his sandwich. Randy was sucking down his juice box when he turned to Tara and noticed that she was dressed in a cheerleader’s outfit still.

“Are you a cheerleader?” Randy questioned curiously.

Justin started to choke on his sandwich, reaching for his water bottle as Tara looked at Randy’s curious face and smiled.

“No, Randy, I’m not a cheerleader,” Tara explained. “I’m just pretending,”

“Pretending?” Randy questioned.

“Remember when I took you to see Toy Story on Ice?” Justin asked him. “And all those people were skating around in Woody and Buzz costumes?”

Randy nodded as he looked up at Justin.

“Tara does the same thing,” Justin finished.

“You play Woody?” his eyes got big as he turned to Tara.

Tara and Justin both laughed.

“No no,” Justin chuckled. “She’s pretending to be a cheerleader, for a movie.”

“Ohhhh,” Randy said in understanding and looking into his paper bag again. “Did you pack me any cookies?”

Tara giggled as Justin rolled his eyes and opened up his paper bag taking out a small zip block bag of Oreo’s.

“Here,” he said opening it up and handing him one. “And that’s it for the cookies; you eat too much junk food.”

Randy smiled taking the cookie from him and slipping it open and started licking at the white icing on the inside of one of the cookies. Justin chuckled as he went back to finishing off his own bag of chips and water.

“So, why are you sitting here all alone?” he questioned.

Tara shrugged. “Trying to get some peace and quiet,” she said. “I’ve been filming all morning.”

“How’s that going?” he asked.

“It’s fine,” she replied. “Just busy.”

“You have to be here the rest of the day?” he questioned.

“I don’t know yet,” Tara replied. “Depends on how much we get done today.”

“Where’s Hannah?” he questioned. “She’s usually glued to your side.”

Tara chuckled. “She’s running a few errands around town for me,” she said.

“I see,” Justin replied. “Where’s Teddy?”

“Probably eating lunch,” Tara replied with a giggle. “I kind of convinced him I would be fine to eat alone.”

Their conversation continued. Justin telling her a little bit more about himself and Randy, she listened carefully trying to pick up on if there was a women in his life. She knew that she kissed him the night before and he didn’t push her away but that still didn’t mean anything. As they talked, Randy would pipe in every now and then offering laughs and giggles.

About 45 minutes later her phone started to ring, she sighed when she glanced at the number and rolled her eyes. She didn’t bother answering it.

“I should probably go,” she said and started to pack her bag up.

“Yeah, lunch break is over,” he said starting to pick up his trash. “Are we ready Randy?”

Randy turned to him with a smile and nodded. Justin chuckled as they got up cleaning the sandwich crumbs off themselves. Tara did the same, stretching her arms into the sky loosening up her muscles.

“Daddy, what are we doing tonight?” Randy questioned as he bent down to tie his shoes.

“I don’t know buddy, what do you want to do?” he questioned.

“Hmmm,” Randy replied giving it some serious thought.

Tara watched him with a smile as she started to pack up her purse and folded up the blanket.

“Tara should come over for dinner,” he said with a smile looking up at him.

Justin looked at his son, his eyes growing big before looking up at Tara.

“Randy, I’m sure Tara is plenty busy already,” Justin explained.

Randy pouted then turned to Tara. Tara looked down at him and a smile broke out on her face as she patted his head as he hugged her waist and she giggled.

“I’ll see what I can do Randy ok?” Tara said looking down at him.

He nodded with a smile then turned back to Justin with a satisfied grin. Justin looked at Tara ready to say something when she shook her head.

“I’ll call you if I can make it ok?” she questioned.

He nodded. “You really don’t have to,” Justin replied.

She shook her head. “Besides, I owe you a drink remember?” she questioned.

He chuckled shaking his head. She typed his number into her cell phone and saved it before closing it and putting it back into her purse.

“I really should go though, before Teddy comes looking for me,” she replied.

He nodded and decided to make his move. He leaned forward as Tara tried to hide the smile that was appearing on her lips and moved in to wrap her arms around him as well. He kissed her cheek lightly before hugging her tightly to him. Tara was hoping her face wasn’t turning red, as she broke the hug watching him.

“I’ll call you if I get out early ok?” she questioned.

He nodded.

“Bye Randy, I’ll see ya soon ok?” she said turning to him, who was in turn watching the two adults curiously.

He smiled and moved towards her and hugged her waist tightly once again. Tara chuckled running her hand through his short hair.

“Have fun ok?” she said as he broke the hug looking up at her.

He nodded. Justin had reached for his hand making his way away from her.

“See you later Tara,” Justin said.

“Bye!” Randy shouted.

Tara giggled and watched them walk away giggling. She sighed before adjusting her purse on her arm and grabbing the blanket and heading back toward the crew getting ready for her next scene.
End Notes:
Comments? Questions? E-mail me at Spacey1141@hotmail.com
Chapter 09 by Sassy Spacey
Author's Notes:
I apologize for yet another LONG wait on this chapter. It would have been longer as I like to wait until I get a chapter back from Christine before posting another but she said she won't get to it for a few days (which is fine :)) so I thought you guys waited long enough and deserve another chapter. So here it is, thanks to ALL of you who have read and reviewed. I LOVE hearing from you all. I hope you're enjoying the story, please continue to let me know what you think :)I do have about 2 months left of school and of course the work load is HUGE so I don't know when the next chapter will be :(. But I hope you enjoy this one!
Chapter 09:

Hannah finished running her errands around town and then headed back to the bungalows to finish setting up there. After putting the groceries away and organizing the place a little bit she settled down to eat some lunch and then set up her laptop and began filtering through her e-mails as she made some phone calls.

She called Markus first filling him in on what had been going on and any information she needed to pass on to Tara. She also spoke to him about letting Teddy go back to New York because it was safe where they were, and there had been no problems since their arrival. Markus grudgingly agreed and Teddy would be taking the flight that night home.

After her call with Markus, she finished working on the e-mails she had from a few family members and friends. She glanced at the clock on the bottom of her screen and noticed it was 6 o’clock. Her mind then drifted to what Trace had said about dinner that night.

She hadn’t been with anyone for a while, her last relationship ended badly and she really wasn’t planning on being with anyone for a long time. That was why she wanted to work with Tara, knowing that her last relationship ended badly as well and she wouldn’t be looking for anyone. Well she thought. But Trace was different, things didn’t feel weird with him, they felt great. She felt like she could laugh again and have a good time and he wasn’t judging her.

After staring at the computer screen for a while, she got up and reached into her purse to grab her cigarettes, lighter and cell phone. She rarely ever smoked, usually only when Markus was driving her nuts, but she had to think about some things.

She walked outside the bungalow and sat down on the top step, taking a cigarette out of the package and putting the package onto the step next to her cell phone. She took her lighter and lit her cigarette and took a long drag from it. She blew the smoke before she sighed and closed her eyes.

She opened them and looked out over the lake, watching the sunset behind it and felt the small breeze running across it, causing small ripples to appear on the surface. She closed her eyes once again letting the sun warm her face. As she took another drag, her phone rang loudly next to her causing the calming atmosphere to disappear. She sighed expecting it to be Tara so she didn’t bother looking at the caller ID.

“Hello.”

“Hey, so you’re not avoiding me.”

Hannah tried to hide her smile as she took another drag of her cigarette.

“What are you doing?” she asked.

“Waiting for you to call me.”

Hannah giggled. “I bet.”

“I was, why don’t you believe me?”

Hannah rolled her eyes and tapped the ash off her cigarette.

“Seriously though, what are you doing?” he questioned.

“I’m waiting for Tara to call me, so I can go pick her up.”

“Then what?”

Hannah sighed.

“Trace, this isn’t-“

“All I’m asking for is dinner Hannah.”

Hannah remained quiet and dropped the cigarette and pushed the end of her cigarette into the wood of the steps with her shoe.

“I don’t know what Tara is doing Trace; I’m here to help her.”

“Well, what if I have Justin keep her busy?”

“Trace, you better not,” Hannah warned.

“All it will take is a phone call, let me call you back.”

“Trace no!” Hannah practically screamed.

Trace chuckled. “So?”

Hannah sighed. “All right, geez, I’ll see what I can do.”

“Call me back.”

“Okay, bye.”

She hung up and rolled her eyes before grabbing her cigarette package and lighter, and headed inside. She shut down her laptop, packing it all up before packing her purse and getting into the waiting SUV and headed down toward the high school.

They reached the high school in no time and she noticed Andrew’s catering truck leaving the parking lot and figured they were done for the day. She made her way toward the rows of trailers hoping to spot Tara somewhere. She saw her step out of the costume trailer looking at her phone when she looked up and spotted Hannah.

“Hey! I was just going to call you.”

“Are you done?” Hannah asked as they reached each other.

Tara nodded. “Something happened with the lighting; tomorrow will be a long day.”

“Fun.”

“So how was your day?” Tara asked.

“I talked to Markus,” Hannah started. “Teddy leaves tonight,”

“Wow, he said it was okay?” Tara asked.

Hannah nodded. “Where is he anyway?” she asked.

Tara giggled. “He had to use the little boy’s room,” she said. “Do you think he’ll be mad?”

“Probably just concerned,” Hannah replied.

Renee came bouncing out of the costume trailer.

“Hey guys!” she said with a smile.

“Hey Renee, how’s it going?” Hannah asked.

“Oh fine,” she said. “I’m so tired, Andrew’s gonna come over to watch a movie.”

“Fun,” Tara said with a wink.

Renee giggled.

“Hey, can I borrow your rental?” Tara asked.

Hannah looked at her confused.

“Got a hot date?” Renee asked.

Tara smiled. “Something like that,” she replied.

Teddy came walking over toward them and everyone said good-bye and headed toward their cars. Tara climbed into the back seat like usual with Hannah following behind her. Teddy got into the passenger seat and they took off toward the bungalows.

They reached the bungalows a few minutes later and Tara immediately went inside to her room to start getting ready for her night, while Hannah was left to talk to Teddy about the decision that was made.

Tara gathered her clothes for changing before standing by the closed door trying to listen to the conversation in the living room.

“Whose idea was this anyway?” she heard Teddy’s deep male voice say.

“It doesn’t matter Teddy,” Hannah replied. “Markus thinks that its okay for her to be here alone, she’s been okay so far.”

“She’s also getting involved with that guy, who I don’t like,” Teddy said.

Tara smiled behind the door. Teddy has always been there for her since she started out, and was always there to pick up the pieces.

“She’s making friends Teddy, you can’t stop her from making friends,” Hannah said.

Tara could hear Teddy sigh loudly.

“I don’t really have a choice do I?” Teddy asked. “Markus wants me to go.”

“You do a great job Teddy,” Hannah said. “I know Tara appreciates everything you do for her.”

With that Tara opened the door and made her way toward Teddy and Hannah who were standing in the living room looking at each other. She walked over to Teddy and wrapped her arms around him giving him a big hug. He looked down at her a moment before sighing and hugging her back, rubbing her back softly.

“I really appreciate everything you’ve done for me Teddy,” she said.

He looked down at her and then at Hannah before sighing once again.

“Just be safe ok Tara?” he said. “That’s all I ask.”

Tara nodded and looked up at him. “I will, I promise.” She said.

They broke the hug and Tara looked up at him and smiled.

“I’ll see you soon right?” she asked

He nodded. “I’ll be at the airport when you come for that interview in a month,” he replied.

She nodded. “Good,” she said. “Tell your wife I said hi,”

“I will,” he said.

She smiled and turned heading back into her room and closing the door to finish getting ready for her night. Hannah was watching them as she pretended to be looking through her organizer.

“Your flight is in two hours,” Hannah replied. “The car will take you,”

Teddy nodded before heading toward his corner of the living room where his bags were sitting already packed because they hadn’t been there long.

Tara felt bad that he was leaving, but she knew that she would be safe here and things with Justin would be a lot easier since she didn’t have to have Teddy tag along all the time. She searched through her suitcase for something comfortable to wear, and decided on tight fitting black v-neck shirt and some comfortable dark blue Capri’s and a pair of black sandals. She knew they would probably be hanging around the house, and she was comfortable in this.

She got dressed and looked at herself in the body-length mirror that was hanging up behind the door of her room and fixed her hair before putting on some make-up and reaching for her gray hooded zip-up sweater and opened her door walking out into the living room.

Teddy was ready to leave and gave Tara one last hug before heading out the door and going to the airport. Hannah watched her as she walked over to her purse and began going through it before speaking up.

“What are you up to tonight?” Hannah asked.

Tara looked up at her, biting her lip before she smiled.

“Justin invited me to dinner,” Tara said. “Well, Randy did actually.”

Hannah watched her but before she could say anything Tara spoke again.

“I know what you’re gonna say,” Tara began. “I won’t do anything stupid.”

“I’m not trying to be your mother,” Hannah said. “I just want-“

“Me to be careful I know,” Tara finished. “It’s just dinner.”

Hannah remained quiet as she watched her take out some lip gloss and apply some to her lips. She turned back to Hannah with a smile.

“How do I look?” She questioned.

“Fine,” Hannah replied. “Call me if you guys plan on going out, please.”

Tara nodded. “I will,” she said and then glanced at her cell phone noticing the time. “I should probably go.”

Hannah nodded. Tara made her way out the door and headed next door to get the rental car keys from Renee who was already getting ready to watch a movie with Andrew. Tara got the directions from Andrew to Justin’s before saying her good-byes and heading toward Justin’s.

-*-

Hannah watched Tara drive off and sighed before looking down at her phone. She knew if she didn’t call Trace he would either show up at the bungalows or he would be calling her all night. She went to sit down on the couch, before reaching for her phone and dialing Trace’s number.

“She called me!” Came an excited voice on the other line.

Hannah rolled her eyes. “Yeah, cause you threatened me.”

“I would never do that.”

“Hah!”

Trace chuckled.

“So?”

Hannah sighed. “Well, Tara is headed to Justin’s.”

“Really?”

“Yup.”

“So does that mean I can come over?”

Hannah rolled her eyes. “What if I say no? Will you come over anyway?”

“Yeah, pretty much.”

Hannah giggled.

“I’ll see you in a little bit ok?”

“All right.”

They both hung up. Hannah sighed before getting up and going into her bedroom to change into something more comfortable as she waited for Trace to arrive.

-*-

After practice, Justin and Randall headed home. Justin was thankful that he had cleaned the house a few days ago and it still looked semi-neat. He parked outside and Randall rushed out of the backseat heading toward the front door. Justin chuckled as he followed him.

“I want you to go clean the living room and your bedroom,” Justin said. “Put all your toys away.”

“Awww, why?” he questioned with a pout.

“Because, you’re the one who invited Tara over,” he replied.

Randy huffed as he crossed his arms over his chest and continued to pout. Justin chuckled as he unlocked the door and Randy rushed inside heading toward the living room. Justin went into his bedroom to change out of his uniform into some comfortable faded blue jeans and a blue and white stripped polo shirt. Then he went into the kitchen to see what he could start for dinner.

After about half an hour, he had dinner going and Randy had finished cleaning his room and the living room, and changed his clothes, he was now watching TV. Justin was busy cutting stuff for a salad when he heard a car driving down the road. He glanced out his kitchen window and saw a small Honda pull into his driveway.

Randy heard the car pull up as well and he got up rushing toward the door. “She’s here!” he called.

Justin chuckled as he put down the cutting knife and dried his hands on the dish towel before heading toward the front door to get to it before Randy did.

“Calm down kid,” Justin said as he reached for the handle and pulled it open as Tara was making her way up the steps holding a big brown paper bag with her purse hung on her shoulder.

“Tara! Hi!” Randy said running past Justin and hugged Tara around the waist.

Tara smiled as she rested her hand on his head, “Hi Randy, how are you?” she asked.

“Fine,” he said with a bright smile. “Did you finish pretending?”

Tara laughed. “For today I did,” she said.

Randy smiled and then looked up at Justin; Tara did as well and noticed Justin watching her. She smiled and held up the bag.

“I got the drinks I owed you,” she said with a smile and a wink.

He chuckled and took the bag from her shaking his head. “I told you, you didn’t have to,” he said.

“I know,” she replied. “But I wanted too.”

“Did you bring me anything?” Randy asked with excitement.

Tara chuckled. “As a matter of fact, I stopped by the bakery and got you some cookies,” she said with a smile.

“You did?” He asked.

Tara nodded. “But you have to finish all your dinner,” she reminded.

He nodded and took her hand. “Come inside, I want to show you my room,” he said.

Tara chuckled as he pulled her into the house and down the hallway. Justin closed the door behind them and made his way into the kitchen to finish making dinner. He unloaded the six pack of beer into the fridge and put the small bag of cookies in the cupboard before going back to finishing his salad and other dinner preparations.

Randy walked her into his bedroom which was nice and clean now that Justin made him make his bed and put his toys away. As he was showing her his collection of Lego’s Justin called them for dinner, and he took a hold of her hand and they made their way toward the kitchen.

Justin was setting the small table that was in the dining room, which was connected to the kitchen.

“Need any help?” Tara asked.

Justin looked up as she walked into the room and shook his head. “I got it, have a seat,” he said.

Tara went and sat down on one of the wooden chairs as Randy pulled himself onto the chair next to her with a big smile.

Justin came back from the kitchen with a big bowl of salad and glass plate of grilled chicken setting them down in the middle of the table. He headed back into the kitchen and then came out once again with a bowl of corn and a plate of French bread. Their drinks were already sitting on the table next to their place settings”Tara and Justin were drinking beer while Randy had a glass of milk.

Randy said a small prayer before they all dug into their dinner.

They all had a great time during dinner talking about their day. Randy talked to Tara all about being able to play basketball with the boys and about his days at school. Tara listened intently watching his expression with each story he told and how he explained everything with his hands causing food to go flying off his fork more than once.

Justin watched her as she watched Randy explain and ramble about his many stories and he couldn’t help the smile that appeared on his face. She wasn’t afraid of Randy, she wasn’t afraid that he had a kid. He knew he couldn’t get ahead of himself though; she was an actress and she would be leaving in three months.

After dinner, Tara insisted on helping Justin with the dishes while Randy went and cleaned up. He was washing and she was drying and stacking them on the counter so that he could put them away since she didn’t know where they went.

“Thank you for being so nice to Randy,” Justin said as he washed one of the plates they used.

Tara looked over at him and she smiled. “He’s a great kid,” she said. “You don’t have to thank me for anything.”

“He hasn’t had a new friend in a while,” he explained. “Around here, we grow up together so we know these people our whole lives so when he gets to talk to someone new he gets a little excited and because he doesn’t have any brothers or sisters-”

Tara shook her head trying to calm him down a little bit. “It’s really not a problem Justin,” she said.

Justin looked at her once again, trying to think of something else to say.

“Do you usually do the cooking?” Tara asked watching him run the clean water over a washed glass.

Justin looked at her. “Why? Was it bad?” he questioned.

Tara shook her head no. “No, it was really good actually,” she said with a giggle. “I’m not much of a cook.”

“It’s not that difficult, I could teach you,” he said with a smile.

Tara smiled at him. “I’d like that,” she said and finished drying a plate.

Justin watched her out of the corner of his eye as he finished with the last of the dishes and emptied the dirty dish water from the sink. As he was drying his hands on a dish towel the phone rang, and he reached for it on the wall where it hung. Tara finished drying the dishes before washing her hands and hanging up the semi-wet dish towel.

“Hello,” Justin says into the phone. “Susan, hey,”

Tara decided to make her way into the living room so Justin could finish the conversation on the phone. She didn’t know who Susan was, but she was sure it was important.

“We overslept Susan, he’s not going to die if he misses one day of school, besides its summer, the kid should have some fun.”

She heard Justin explain from the kitchen as she walked around the living room looking at the different pictures that were hung up on the walls and the ones that sat on the mantel over his fireplace.

“I’m not going to argue with you, do you want to talk to him or not?”

She then heard Justin call out Randy’s name and Randy made his way through the hallway and towards Justin. He reached for the phone before Justin said anything, and began to talk to the women on the phone about his day. Justin made his way into the living room watching Tara as she looked at the pictures.

“Sorry about that,” he said.

Tara turned kind of surprised but smiled at him.

“It’s okay,” she said.

“It’s Randy’s mom,” he explained. “My ex-wife.”

Tara nodded. “You really don’t owe me an explanation Justin,” she said watching him. “This is your house, you can talk to anyone you want.”

He had his hands in his jean pockets and was looking at her nervously. They both heard Randy giggle from the other room, and that brought a smile to Tara’s face.

“So what was Hannah doing tonight?” Justin asked.

Tara shrugged. “Staying in I think,” she explained. “Renee was having Andrew over I think.”

“And Teddy?” He questioned. “I thought maybe he would show up with you.”

Tara smiled. “Actually he’s heading back to New York,” she said. “My manager decided it was okay for me to be here without a bodyguard so,” she shrugged.

“Hmm,” he said. “This place is pretty safe.”

“I thought so,” Tara said with a smile.

Soon Randy came bouncing back into the living room with a basketball in his hands and sneakers on his feet.

“Dad, can we play?” He questioned.

Justin turned to him before looking at Tara.

“You up for it?” he questioned.

Tara smiled and nodded. “Sure,” she said.

Justin slipped on a pair of his shoes before he and Randy headed out to the backyard through the screen door from their living room.

There was a small basketball court in the middle of Justin’s huge backyard with two hoops standing tall on each end. Justin had turned on the porch light before following Randy out who was already running up and down the court bouncing the basketball.

“Tara is on my team!” Randy called as Tara made her way onto the court.

“I don’t know if that’s fair,” Justin said as he chased after him.

Randy giggled as he ran away from Justin making his way behind Tara holding onto her as he peeked at Justin from behind her. Tara smiled as she looked down at him.

“I’m not very good Randy,” Tara replied. “I’m just warning you.”

He shrugged then looked at Justin once again with a smile.

“All right, fine” Justin said with a chuckled. “You two against me, that seems fair.”
End Notes:
Comments? Questions? E-mail me at Spacey1141@hotmail.com
Chapter 10 by Sassy Spacey
Author's Notes:
A new chapter? What?! I know! I'm SO extremely sorry! You guys have no idea how much I've been agonizing how long it's taken me to update. It's been about a week since school's been out and I've been trying to write every night. Updates should be faster now for a little while until school starts in Feb. I don't want to make any promises cause I always do, and never keep them. So I'm just tellin ya I'll make more updates :). Anyway, I hope you guys are enjoying the story. Please continue to let me know what you think! :) Thanks for all the reviews I appreciate them ALL!
Chapter 10:

Hannah changed into a pair of jeans and a loose blue tank top. She stuck her hair up in a ponytail to keep it out of her eyes and slipped on a pair of socks not knowing if they were going out or if they would stay in. As she finished getting ready she heard a knock on the front door. She sighed looking at herself once more in the mirror before answering it.

Trace was at the door holding a big brown grocery bag; dressed in a pair of faded blue jeans and a red and white flannel short-sleeved shirt that was unbuttoned and had white T-shirt under it.

“She’s here!” Trace said with a smile.

Hannah rolled her eyes before moving out of the way for Trace to make his way into the bungalow.

“I brought dinner,” Trace said with a smile. “Well kinda.”

Hannah closed the door behind him and followed him into the kitchen where he set the bag down on the kitchen counter. She was standing next to him, standing on her tiptoes to peek into the bag.

“What did you bring?” she asked.

“Something simple,” he replied as he started to take the contents out of the paper bag. “I saw Tara at the market, she was buying beer.”

Hannah looked at him. “She was?” she questioned.

Trace nodded. “I don’t think she recognized me though,” he chuckled. “Or she was ignoring me on purpose.”

Hannah rolled her eyes. Trace took out a bag of ribbon pasta, a jar of garlic and tomato sauce, a loaf of fresh baked French bread and a bottle of wine.

“Well you took out all the stops didn’t you?” Hannah teased as she looked at the contents sitting on the counter.

Trace chuckled as he folded up the paper bag, “Will Teddy be joining us?” he questioned as he looked around the room, expecting Teddy to pop out of somewhere.

Hannah shook her head. “Teddy went home today,” she explained. “Tara’s manager thought that it was pretty safe here and she didn’t need a bodyguard.”

Trace nodded in understanding. “Interesting,” he said then rubbed his hands together before saying, “So tell me where everything is so I can get started.”

Hannah went behind the counter and started opening up drawers taking out a saucepan and a large pot to boil the pasta. They started making dinner together as they made small talk; they talked about jobs, favorite foods, books, anything that they could think of, except of course, past relationships.

Pretty soon they were sitting in the living room at the small coffee table their plates in hand and their wine glasses sat on the coasters and they enjoyed their meal.

“So does Tara have a busy weekend ahead of her?” Trace asked as he ate a piece of the buttered French bread that he grilled in the oven.

Hannah nodded as she sipped her wine. “I’m pretty sure,” she explained. “We’re supposed to be filming at some house on Adams this weekend.”

“Sounds fun,” Trace winked.

Hannah giggled. “What about you? Long days at the auto repair shop?” she questioned.

“I don’t know yet, I’m usually only on call on the weekends I let the guys run the show,” Trace replied.

“Wow, you got it tough,” she teased.

Trace chuckled as he finished eating. “It’s the perks of owning your own business,” he said with a sigh.

Hannah giggled as she finished eating.

“I might be going with Justin and Randy to Millington this weekend if you want to join us,” Trace said.

Hannah rolled her eyes. “You know I have to stay with Tara,” she explained. “That is why I’m here.”

“Well, just so you know you’re invited,” he said with a smile.

Hannah sighed before finishing off her pasta and sat the plate down on the coffee table.

“Well, that was surprisingly good,” Hannah complimented.

Trace smiled as he finished his food as well and got up picking up her plate and taking it into the kitchen.

“I’m glad you liked it,” he said.

He finished clearing off the dishes before coming back to sit back down next to her on the couch.

“So,” he said clearing his throat. “Any family Ms. McCoy?”

Hannah smiled as she sat back against the couch cushion with her wine glass in hand as she watched him.

“I have a brother back home,” she explained.

“And back home is?” he questioned.

“Pennsylvania,” she said. “Well, it’s not home really, but it was where I grew up.”

“Where’s your home now?” he questioned.

“New York,” she said.

He nodded. “So you have a brother, older or younger?” he questioned.

“Younger,” she said. “He’s as spoiled as they come too.”

Trace chuckled. “Of course,” he said. “Your parents?” he questioned.

“They’re both alive and well, still married,” she explained.

He nodded as he took another sip of his wine.

“What about you Mr. Ayala?” she questioned. “Don’t think you’re getting out of this questioning,”

Trace chuckled as he told her about his family and growing up in this small town. They laughed and talked for awhile before Hannah heard a knock on the front door. Her eyebrows creased together in confusion as she got up making her way toward the front door.

Tyler was standing there, dressed nicely in khaki pants and a light blue button down shirt.

“Tyler?” she questioned.

He looked at her and smiled. “Hey Hannah is Tara around?” he questioned.

“Oh um, she’s not actually,” Hannah said.

“Is she at Renee’s?” he questioned looking at Renee’s bungalow. “I’ll just head over there.”

“No, Tyler she’s-“ Hannah started. “She’s actually having dinner with Justin tonight.”

“Oh,” Tyler said his face fell. “Justin was the basketball coach or something right? The one at the bar?”

Hannah nodded. “I can let her know you came by,” she said.

He nodded before running a hand through his shaggy hair before turning to look at the rippling lake.

“Um, sure let her know,” he said. “Tell her to call me if it’s not too late.”

Hannah nodded. “Will do,” she said.

Tyler looked at her once more before turning and walking down the steps to the ground and made his way toward his own bungalow on the other side of the lot. Hannah watched him walk away before turning and closing the door behind her and made her way back into the living room where Trace had been watching the whole thing.

“Uh oh,” he commented as he took a sip of his wine.

Hannah went and sat back down next to him, a look of concern covering her features.

“Looks like there’s going to be a love triangle going on,” Trace teased.

Hannah chuckled before sipping her wine once more. “Maybe I should call her,” she replied more to herself then anyone else.

Before Trace could reply she got up and headed toward her bedroom where her purse was sitting and searched in it for her phone. Trace watched her with a chuckle, as he sighed and leaned back against the couch. Hannah came back out with the phone to her ear and glanced at him before she walked toward the kitchen.

He could hear little bits of her conversation from the living room before he got up to get himself another glass of wine. Hannah glanced at him as he poured himself another glass before holding the bottle up for her to see,

“You want more?” He questioned

She shook her head before putting a finger over her lips signaling him to be quiet. He chuckled before finishing pouring himself a glass and put the cork back into the bottle. He walked back into the living room as he heard her explain,

“No, no,” she explained. “That’s someone else.”

He chuckled as he sat back down on the couch and waited for her to come back into the living room. He heard her giggling before he rolled his eyes and took another sip of his drink. A few minutes later, Hannah walked back into the living room with her wine glass and took a sip before sitting back down on the couch.

“Everything ok?” he questioned.

Hannah nodded.

“Drama?” he questioned.

Hannah rolled her eyes. “God, I hope not.”

They got settled in and talked more about whatever came up as they finished off the bottle of wine. It was 10:30 when Hannah got up, yawning as she stretched out before walking into the kitchen to put her glass in the sink. Trace looked up at her and chuckled as he got up as well.

“I guess that’s my queue,” he said as he took his wine glass into the kitchen.

“Sorry, it’s going to be a long day tomorrow,” Hannah said watching him.

“It’s fine,” he said.

He dug into his jean pocket to get out his car keys as Hannah watched him.

“Well, you have my number if you want to hang out this weekend,” he said with a wink.

Hannah smiled and nodded. “We’ll see how things go,” she commented. “You can stop harassing me now,” she winked.

He rolled his eyes. “You love it girl,” he chuckled.

He made his way toward her, and wrapped her in a tight hug. Hannah hugged him back not quite sure what to do, as she wrapped her arms around his waist.

“I had a good time,” he said. “I hope we can do it again soon.”

Hannah broke the hug, before standing back and crossing her arms over chest.

“Thanks for dinner,” she said. “It was really good.”

He chuckled and nodded. “No problem,” he said then looked at the front door. “Well, I’ll see you later.”

She smiled when he opened the door and walked out of it. Hannah stood by the door watching him walk down the steps. He reached the bottom before he turned and made his way back up the steps towards Hannah. Before Hannah could react, Trace’s lips were against hers as he leaned her back against the doorway and kissed her passionately.

Hannah was a bit taken back with the kiss, but when she felt Trace’s tongue move against hers, her eyes closed as a breathy sigh escaped her lips and she kissed him back. They soon broke the kiss pulling away from each other slowly, Hannah opening her eyes slowly as Trace looked down at her smiling. He leaned forward to kiss her forehead before pulling away and making his way back down the stairs.

“I’ll see you later,” he said before making his way toward his truck.

Hannah closed the door and leaned her back against it with a sigh as she closed her eyes and tried to relax her breathing. She heard Trace’s car pull onto the gravel road and take off before she moved and finished cleaning up the kitchen and living room before sitting and waiting for Tara to return.

-*-

Justin, Tara and Randy spent about 45 minutes playing. Randy all the while was trying to help Tara get a basket, as Justin continuously made one basket after another. The fact that Tara wearing sandals didn’t help them too much either. So after a while they stopped to take a break and Justin went inside to get some water bottles.

Tara and Randy were sitting on the basketball court next to each other as they leaned back on their hands and looked up at the starry sky.

“Sorry I couldn’t make any baskets Randy,” Tara said. “I told you I was no good.”

“That’s okay,” he said. “I’ll teach you.”

Tara smiled as she reached over and ran a hand over his head through his short blonde hair. He smiled as he moved himself to sit closer to her and leaned against her and his eyes began to close. Tara looked down at him, surprised but didn’t move him.

By the time Justin came back, Randy was dead asleep leaning against Tara a small smile on his lips. Justin stopped in his tracks when he saw the pair sitting on the floor. Tara turned to look at him when she saw his shadow move closer on the pavement.

“He passed out on me,” Tara said with a giggle.

He smiled as he made his way over to her and handed her the water bottles before bending down and picking Randy up wrapping him into his arms.

“I’m just going to put him into bed really quick,” he commented.

Tara nodded. Justin made his way back into the house as Tara stayed where she was on the pavement. She reached over and took a drink of one of the water bottles before leaning back and laying on her back and looking up at the sky.

A few minutes later Tara heard the back door open and close, and Justin made his way toward her. He sat down next to her reaching for the other water bottle and opened it taking a drink quickly before laying on his back looking up at the sky as well.

“He’s gonna be out until morning,” Justin said with a chuckle.

Tara smiled. “Are you going to bring him to work again tomorrow?” she questioned.

“No, he’s got to go to school,” he said.

“Where’s his mom?” she questioned.

Justin turned to look at her, then back at the stars once again.

“She lives here,” Justin explained. “She’s just away on business right now.”

“What does she do?” she asked.

“She’s a lawyer,” he replied.

“Oh,” she replied.

There was more silence between them as they continued to watch the sky.

“Woah!” Tara said all of a sudden spotting a shooting star flying across the sky.

Justin chuckled. “Did you see that?” he asked.

“Yeah,” she said.

“Make a wish,” he said looking at her.

Tara closed her eyes, her wish coming to mind. Justin had been watching her as she closed her eyes, her eyebrows creasing together as she mumbled her wish.

He reached down and held onto her hand, wrapping his around hers and rubbing her hand softly with his thumb. Tara opened her eyes and smiled before turning to look at him. She then leaned up, leaning on her side as she moved forward, moving closer to Justin. Justin watched her, frozen as to what to do when he noticed Tara inching herself closer to him.

Before he knew what was happening, Tara’s lips where on his once again as she leaned against him fully; causing him to fall on his back as she leaned against his chest her lips resting on his.

Justin couldn’t help the groan that escaped his lips as he leaned up to rest a hand on her cheek their kiss intensifying. Tara rested her hand on his chest, pulling a little on his shirt to bring him closer to her. His hand went from her cheek to her hair, as he ran his fingers through her soft brown hair bringing her closer to him as they moved their lips in unison.

They broke the kiss some minutes later both gasping for breath and they looked at each other in the moonlight.

Before anyone could speak, Tara’s phone went off in her pocket. She usually left the thing in her purse, but she knew Hannah would eventually call and would freak out if she couldn’t get a hold of her. She sighed closing her eyes before looking at Justin and laying back to take the phone out of her pocket before sitting up.

She sighed looking at the caller ID and rolled her eyes before answering.

“Yes Hannah,”

“Woah, was I interrupting?”

Tara rolled her eyes again as she glanced down to look at Justin who was laying back, his eyes closed.

“Everything ok?” Tara asked, ignoring her question.

“I just thought I’d let you know that Tyler came by looking for you,” Hannah explained. “He seemed pretty upset that you were hanging out with Justin.”

“Why did you tell him?” Tara asked.

“I didn’t know it was a secret,” she explained.

“It’s not,” Tara replied. “I just don’t need any drama right now.”

Hannah sighed. “Well, you know what I want to say but I won’t say it,” she said.

“Well I appreciate it,” Tara said. “Anything else?”

“No,” Hannah said.

Tara heard a male voice in the background, and her eyebrows scrunched together in confusion.

“Is he still there?” Tara asked.

“No, no” she said. “That’s someone else.”

“Someone else?” Tara asked surprised. “Who?”

“Um, Trace came over to keep my company,” Hanna replied quietly.

“Trace!” Tara replied in shock.

With that Justin’s eyes popped open and he sat up as well looking at Tara shocked.

“Shhh oh my god,” Hannah said with a giggle.

“You so can’t talk about me,” Tara said as she eyed Justin who was watching her.

“I had too, he was bugging me,” Hannah giggled.

“I bet he was,” Tara said with a giggle.

Hannah laughed. “All right, well I just wanted to tell you about Tyler, don’t be out too late,” she finished.

“Okay, I’ll be home soon,” Tara said.

“Bye.”

Tara closed her phone giggling and sticking it back into her pocket. She pulled her legs closer to her chest, and wrapped her arms around them resting her chin on her knees before turning to look at Justin who was watching her, waiting for an explanation.

“Trace is visiting Hannah,” Tara said giggling.

“That’s why she called?” he asked confused.

Tara shook her head no. “No, she called to tell me Tyler’s been looking for me,” she said.

“Oh, Tyler,” Justin said before lying back down on the pavement to look at the stars.

Tara looked down at him as a smile appeared on her lips.

“Tyler was the one you were walking with the first day right?” He questioned. “And the one you were dancing with in the bar?”

Tara nodded.

“Do you like him?” Justin questioned.

Tara smiled once again. “Look at you getting all jealous,” she said moving down so that she was lying next to him facing him.

“I’m not, I’m just curious,” Justin explained but he continued to look up at the sky.

Tara smiled before leaning forward to snuggle into his arms and rested her head on his shoulder as one of his arms wrapped around her.

“Don’t be jealous,” Tara said. “Besides, I’m not here with him am I?”

He looked down at her, resting his lips on her head as he closed his eyes before kissing it lightly then looking back up at the sky.

“Are you and your ex-wife close?” Tara asked.

Justin kind of shrugged. “We have to take care of Randy,” he explained.

“That didn’t answer my question,” Tara replied before turning to look up at him, her cheek still resting on his chest.

“I’ve known Susan a lot of my life,” Justin explained. “It’s hard not to be close to her, especially since she had my son.”

Tara sensed the subject was not one they should be talking about right now, it would ruin their night. She could already feel Justin becoming tense with the simple mention of Susan’s name. She decided to change the subject.

“You have practice again tomorrow?” she questioned.

“No, it’s Friday,” he explained. “I give the guys a break so they at least have the weekend.”

“Aww, how nice of you,” Tara said with a giggle and poked him.

Justin chuckled before poking her back with his other hand. “What about you?” he questioned. “Do you have a busy weekend ahead of you?”

Tara sighed. “Probably,” she said. “Something happened with the lights tonight, or else I would be working.”

“I see,” he said.

“So I don’t know exactly what’s going on,” she explained. “I know this weekend I get to do scenes with my movie parents, at some house down on Adams.”

“Interesting.”

“So what are you planning to do with your weekend?” she questioned.

“I don’t know yet,” Justin replied. “I’ve been promising Randy a trip to Millington, and he’s been wanting to spend the day at the lake for a while,”

“Sounds like you’ll be pretty busy,” Tara said.

“You know you’re welcome to come with us,” Justin said.

Tara smiled before looking up at him as he looked down at her watching her closely.

“Let me see where we are tomorrow after filming,” she said. “I know Jackson wants to get a lot done.”

Justin nodded. “No problem, you know where to reach me,” he said.

Tara smiled as she leaned closer into him, and wrapped her arms around his chest and she snuggled her face into his neck closing her eyes as she took a deep breath of his woodsy scent once again. Justin held her close, his arm around her as he continued to look up at the starry sky.

“I probably should get going though,” Tara said finally after a few minutes of silence.

Justin sighed, knowing this moment had to come. It had been so long since he had been this close to a women and it felt really good. She unfolded herself from his arms and sat up fluffing her hair to get the dirt out and wiping off her clothes as Justin sat up and adjusted his shirt.

He got up and held out his hand for Tara to take. She did so and he helped her into a standing position. He reached down and picked up the water bottles and they made their way back into the house.

Tara walked into the living room and Justin followed shutting and locking the door behind him and shut off the porch light. Tara made her way toward the foyer where her purse was hanging along with her sweatshirt. Justin went into the kitchen to dump the bottles before coming back out to meet her in the foyer.

Tara stood adjusting her sweatshirt and digging through her purse for the car keys. She found them and looked up as Justin made his way toward her. She smiled before walking toward him and leaning into his body and wrapped her arms around him. He hugged her back tightly, kissing forehead.

“I’ll call you ok?” she said into his shoulder.

He nodded. “Call me when you get home okay?” he questioned. “Just so I know you got home okay.”

Tara nodded before breaking the hug. She looked up at him as her arm reached for his neck and she pulled his face toward hers and pressed her lips lightly to his for a short intimate kiss. Justin kissed her back, his hands resting on her waist as he leaned forward causing Tara to lean back against the wall.

When her back hit the wall she broke the kiss, looking up at him with a smile.

“I should really go,” she said.

He nodded. “You’re right, sorry,” he said.

She smiled. Justin opened the door and she walked out turning to wave at him once before making her way down the steps and toward the small Honda that was parked in his driveway. She unlocked the doors and got inside, starting it up.

As she adjusted the controls she looked up and noticed Justin was still watching her from the doorway. She smiled and waved at him once more before reversing out of the driveway and then made her way toward the bungalows.

It took her about 20 minutes to reach the bungalows and she parked the car in Renee’s driveway slipping the keys into her mailbox as planned and then made her way toward her own bungalow. She saw no sign of Trace’s car, so she walked into the bungalow and Hannah was sitting on the couch watching TV. She turned when she walked into the room and smiled.

“Hey,” Hannah said yawning.

“Is it safe?” Tara teased as she locked the front door behind her.

Hannah rolled her eyes. “It was just dinner,” she replied. “He practically tricked me into it.”

“Hmm,” Tara said with a smile as she slipped off her sandals and took off her sweatshirt.

“How was your night?” Hannah asked.

Tara shrugged. “We ate, played some basketball, it was nice,” she said.

Hannah nodded. She shut the TV off then and got up. “Well, I’m going to bed; I’ll see you in the morning.”

Tara nodded. She shut off the lights as Hannah made her way into her bedroom and Tara walked into hers. She took out her phone and sent a text message to Justin’s phone, telling him she got home safe.

After that she closed her phone, setting it on her bedside table. She dropped her purse, shoes, and sweatshirt by her still packed suitcase before changing into some pajamas and getting into bed. Once she lay down and closed her eyes she was out like a light.
End Notes:
Comments? Questions? E-mail me at Spacey1141@hotmail.com
Chapter 11 by Sassy Spacey
Author's Notes:
Sorry about yet another long gap between updates. I really thought I would make headway with this story once school ended but everything else in my life picked up after that. Thank you all for reading and reviewing I appreciate it SO much. I hope you continue to enjoy this story and please let me know what you think. I'm hoping to have atleast one more chapter if not two before school starts up in two weeks. We will see how that goes. Anyway, thanks to those of you who do read and review! Please continue to let me know what you think. You guys are AWESOME. :)
Chapter 11:

Tara and Hannah’s day began early, their alarms going off at 6 a.m., and they were ready and out the door by 7 a.m. Tara was filming her first scene of the day by 8 a.m.

The filming had been constant since the minute she stepped out of the costume trailer. They had bused in a dozen or so extras to play the students and even some of the students of the area got a chance to be in a couple of scenes.

Tara and Renee were sitting at some of the lunch tables in the quad, waiting for Jackson to set up the next scene. Tara was sitting in her cheerleaders’ uniform, her hair up in a pony tail and white Nikes on her feet. Renee was next to her in a comfortable pair of jeans and cute top, her hair down and flowing in the light breeze that was blowing.

“How come I have to wear this freaking uniform and you get to be comfortable?” Tara asked as she pulled the shirt down to cover her stomach.

Renee looked at her and shrugged. “Cause you’re the star,” she winked.

Tara rolled her eyes. “So, how was your evening?” she asked before nudging Renee’s arm.

Renee giggled before rolling her eyes. “It was nice actually,” she said. “Andrew came over and we watched a movie.”

“Sounds like a good night,” Tara replied with a smile.

“What about you?” Renee asked. “Did my rental take you on any adventures?”

Tara rolled her eyes. “I went to Justin’s to have dinner with him and Randy,” she said.

“Ohhhh,” Renee said with a wink and nudged her arm back.

Tara giggled. “It wasn’t like that, Randy was there, and it was just dinner,” she said.

“Oh come on, the guy likes you, just admit it!” Renee laughed.

Tara shook her head before looking out over the horizon of the field. Renee turned to look at her and noticed that she was quiet and she nudged her shoulder once more.

“What’s wrong?” she questioned.

Tara remained quiet as she continued to look out over the horizon.

“Are you worried about Randy?” Renee asked.

Tara shook her head. “Randy is adorable, this has nothing to do with him,” she said. “It’s just that…” she trailed.

Renee looked at her curiously.

“I haven’t been in a relationship in a while, the last one I was in ended really badly,” Tara admitted. “I just don’t want to set myself up again.”

“What do you mean?” Renee asked.

“He has to stay here,” Tara started. “He has a family, he has a son. He’s not going to leave this place; there is something that keeps him here.”

Renee shook her head. “Tara, you are just getting to know the guy,” she explained. “Don’t look too much into this, just have some fun. You deserve that much.”

“I guess,” Tara replied.

Renee looked at her once more before speaking up again. “Something else is bothering you,” she said. “What is it?”

Tara turned to look at her before looking around the school, making sure no one else was paying attention.

“Last night while I was at Justin’s,” she explained. “Tyler came by the bungalow looking for me; Hannah said he looked pretty disappointed when she told him I was at Justin’s.”

“So Tyler likes you, that’s no secret,” Renee said with a smile.

“What do you mean?” Tara asked.

“Please Tar, you can be so blind sometimes,” Renee said. “The guy has been head over heels for you since day one.”

“I just don’t want to hurt his feelings,” Tara said. “You know how I am with having a relationship with someone I work with.”

“I’m sure he will understand that,” Renee said.

“But if he sees me with Justin, it might not go so well,” Tara said.

“Maybe you should have a talk with him,” Renee said. “Or I can have a talk with him for you.”

Tara chuckled and shook her head. “Oh no, I think I have to do it,” she said.

“All right, I’m just saying,” Renee said with a giggle.

Tara giggled but didn’t say anything else. Both girls watched as Jackson was talking to a group of extras about the next scene.

“So, are you gonna see him again?” Renee asked.

Tara smiled. “They invited me to Millington this weekend,” she said. “But I told him I’d let him know, I know Jackson wants to get a lot done this weekend.”

“Gosh, it must be hard being the star of the show,” Renee giggled.

Tara rolled her eyes. “How about you?” she asked. “Plans with Andrew?”

Renee giggled. “We haven’t decided yet,” she said.

“Have fun whatever you do,” Tara said.

“Oh we will,” Renee replied with a wink.

Tara laughed. A few minutes later, Jackson came over to get them prepared for their next scene. Tyler came over since he was in a few of those scenes along with some of the extras that crowded around to get into the shot.

-*-

Justin was up on time the next morning and was able to shower and shave before Randy was up and running around. Since he didn’t have to work today, he slipped on a pair of comfortable jeans and a regular blue T-shirt.

He then went into the kitchen and began to pack up Randy’s lunch for the day. As he was putting everything into Randy’s lunch sack, Randy came bouncing down the hallway toward the kitchen already dressed.

“Morning Dad!” he said with a smile.

Justin looked up and chuckled, “Hey buddy,” he said “Did you sleep good?”

Randy nodded before he climbed into his usual bar stool waiting for his breakfast.

“Can I go to work with you again?” Randy asked.

Justin reached into the cabinet above his head and took out a cereal bowl for Randy’s breakfast.

“Sorry buddy,” Justin replied. “You got to go to school today.”

Randy pouted. “Why?” he questioned.

“Because yesterday was an exception, we overslept,” Justin explained as he went into the pantry and pulled out a box off Apple Jacks and poured them into Randy’s bowl.

“But, I want to see Tara again,” Randy pouted.

Justin looked at him for a minute before smirking and taking the milk out of the fridge.

“Tara is very busy,” Justin explained as he poured milk into Randy’s cereal bowl and then set it down in front of him with a spoon.

Randy frowned at him before he began eating.

“Can she come with us to Millington?” Randy asked.

Justin chuckled. “I thought you wanted Uncle Trace to go,” he said.

Randy nodded. “Him too,” he said with a smile.

“I invited her,” Justin said. “But she may have to work.”

“Oh, is she pretending again?” Randy asked.

Justin chuckled and nodded before going back to cleaning up the kitchen. Randy finished off his breakfast a few minutes later, as Justin finished packing up his lunch.

About an hour or so later, Justin and Randy got into Justin’s truck and he drove them toward Randy’s daycare. After getting him signed in and set up, Justin hugged him good-bye and then headed toward the Auto Repair shop to meet Trace for breakfast.

Trace was on the phone when Justin made his way through the shop waving to a few of the guys that were working before heading to the back office to get Trace. He leaned against the far wall, his arms crossed over his chest as he waited for Trace to finish his call.

Trace hung up the phone before looking up at Justin. “I got a breakdown, you wanna go?” he asked as he reached into his pocket to pull out his keys.

Justin made a face and Trace chuckled.

“C’mon, I’ll buy ya breakfast afterwards,” Trace suggested.

He slipped on a trucker hat before making his way around the desk and walking out of the small office. Justin sighed before following him out the door, and they headed toward the tow truck that was parked at the edge of the driveway. They got in, and Trace started it up, and they headed down the main road toward the highway.

They were silent for a while as Trace sped down the highway before Justin spoke up.

“So, you spent the evening with Hannah huh?” Justin asked.

Trace chuckled. “Yes, after bugging her the majority of the day,” he said.

Justin chuckled at his friend before responding. “Just be careful all right?” he asked.

“Me?” Trace asked surprised. “I’m not the one walking around with the star of the movie on my arm.”

Justin rolled his eyes. “She’s leaving,” he responded.

“Then why are you bothering?” Trace asked.

Justin opened his mouth to reply but decided against it, and closed his mouth before looking out the window at the passing landscape.

The two friends drove in silence down the highway for a few minutes before Trace finally spoke up.

“Look J, I-“ he started before Justin cut him off.

“You’re right,” Justin admitted. “I don’t know why I’m setting myself up like that.”

“Things could work out, you never know,” Trace replied.

“Yeah, in some romance novel,” Justin explained. “This is real life Trace, these things don’t work.”

“I think you’re reading too much into this,” Trace explained. “You haven’t even gone on a date.”

Justin was about to respond before Trace interrupted him. “Last night does not count,” he explained. “Randy was there.”

Justin rolled his eyes. “I have a son you know, he’s my responsibility.”

“Fine,” Trace replied. “But that doesn’t mean you can’t have any fun.”

Justin remained quiet as they continued their journey down the highway.

“You should invite her to Millington this weekend,” Trace suggested.

Justin chuckled. “I already did,” he replied. “She’s working; she said she would let me know.”

“I’m not stupid you know,” Justin said. “I have dated before.”

Trace chuckled. “Yeah?” he questioned amused. “When was the last time you went on a date?”

Justin remained quiet, which caused Trace to let out a chuckle. “That’s what I thought,” he said.

“You know, you’ve never had a relationship last longer then a month, so you shouldn’t be talkin’” Justin said annoyed.

“Woah, okay, okay,” Trace said, a smirk appearing on his lips.

“Where the heck is this guy anyway?” Justin asked.

Trace laughed. “Over on Maple,” he said. “He was showing off and got his Jeep stuck.”

Justin laughed. “Some high schooler right?” he asked.

“You know it,” Trace replied.

They pulled into an old dirt road, and headed down the long windy road and eventually saw a white Jeep stuck in a mud puddle. There was a couple standing close by, the girl standing with her arms crossed over chest while the guy stood in front of her. They looked like they were arguing.

“Aww, look at ‘em” Trace chuckled as he pulled the tow truck close to them.

“He’s never going to live this down,” Justin replied.

Trace laughed before he parked the truck and got out, Justin following suit.

“You flooded it again, didn’t you?” Trace asked.

The guy smirked and shrugged. “C’mon Cuz, you know how I drive,” he replied.

“Not very well,” the girl mumbled rolling her eyes.

Trace laughed, as Justin tried hard not too.

“Justin, you remember my cousin Nate, don’t you?” Trace asked.

Justin chuckled. “We’ve met once or twice,” he replied. “How ya doing?” he shook his hand.

Nate chuckled. “Doin’ okay,” he explained. “This is Bridget, she’s a little mad at me.”

“A little?” she questioned rolling her eyes, before waving at Trace and Justin.

“Well, let’s get you outta here.” Trace said as he made his way back to his truck.

Trace, Justin and Nate got the Jeep hooked up to the back of the tow truck with the cable as Bridget sat in truck waiting for them to finish. After about half an hour or so they got the Jeep hooked up and pulled out of the mud. Nate and Bridget squeezed into the back seat of the truck, while Justin and Trace took their places in the front. They then made the journey back to town.

-*-

Justin had breakfast with Trace, then ran a few errands around town and then headed home, he was going to pack a lunch for himself and Tara and surprise her at the school.
He had to head there anyway to do some paper work before the school year started, so he thought he’d kill two birds with one stone.

He pulled into the parking lot, when his cell phone went off in his pocket. He answered it, after glancing at the caller ID, it was his mom.

“Hey Mom,” he said as he pulled into an empty spot.

The parking lot was more crowded today he noticed, as he unbuckled his seat belt and got out of the car, grabbing the two paper bags from the passenger seat.

“Hi baby,” came Lynn’s voice from the other line.

Justin chuckled, knowing exactly what was coming.

“I was afraid you were dead, I haven’t heard from you in a while,” Lynn commented.

Justin smiled as he began to make his way toward the school. “I’ve just been busy mom,” he explained. “You know how summer practices are.”

“I know,” she sighed. “I just don’t know why you insist on practicing those boys all summer long.”

Justin chuckled again. “How are you mom?” he questioned.

“Oh I’m fine,” she commented.

“How’s business?” He questioned. His mother and step father owned their own construction company; the only construction company in town.

“Fantastic,” she explained. “Summer is always busy you know, with the nice weather and all.”

“How’s Pops?” he questioned as he messed with his keys, trying to get out his office key.

“Oh he’s your dad,” Lynn commented. “He’s actually training a couple of guys so they can start doing more, your dad is getting old and won’t be able to do everything for long.”

Justin opened his office door, walked in and used his foot to close it behind him. The door closed softly and he went and opened the small fridge he had in the corner of his office and put the lunches inside. He walked over to his desk to turn on his computer before walking out of his office and heading down the hallway toward the main office where his mailbox was.

His mom continued to talk to him about business and family, and about Randy as Justin grabbed his mail smiling and waving to the office receptionist before heading back to his office and closed the door behind him. He went and sat down behind his desk as he began to go through his mail.

“So how is Susan?” his mother asked, changing the subject from work.

“She’s fine,” he explained. “She had to head out this weekend to a conference.”

“So you have Randy all weekend?” Lynn questioned.

Justin chuckled. “Yes, all weekend.”

“So that means you’re going to bring him over tonight for the movie night, aren’t you?” she questioned.

Justin closed his eyes, taking in a breath before leaning back against his chair. He forgot about movie night. Ever since he was little, every Friday night all summer long his parents would throw a huge movie night.

He got to invite his friends, and they’d stay up and had pizza and ice cream and watch a movie that was projected onto the garage. So they would get all huddled together on a blanket with some snacks and watch movies.

The long pause caused Lynn to speak up again.

“You forgot didn’t you?” she questioned.

“I didn’t forget Mom, it just slipped my mind,” he explained.

Lynn sighed. “Well are you going to come?” she asked.

“Yeah, we’ll be there,” he said and paused before speaking up again. “Can I bring someone?”

“Trace does not count as someone Justin, you know he’s already invited,” she replied.

Justin chuckled. “No, not Trace,” he said. “Someone else.”

“Someone else?” she questioned, he could hear the smile in her voice. “A girl?”

Justin chuckled and rolled his eyes. “Yes Mom, a girl.” He said.

“Are you keeping something from me?” she questioned, sounding disappointed.

“Mom, please don’t do this,” he said.

“Well who is she?” she questioned. “Do I know her?”

“No, you probably don’t,” he said. “She’s new to town.”

“Well, do I get to know her name?” she questioned.

Justin chuckled. “It’s Tara,” he explained. “So can I bring her?” he asked.

“Of course you can,” Lynn replied.

There was silence before Lynn spoke up again.

“So where did you meet her?” she questioned.

Justin chuckled. “Mom, I got to go,” he said. “I have a lot to get done today.”

“Oh all right, I can take a hint,” she explained. “I will see you tonight.”

“Okay, love you Mom,” Justin said.

“Love you too, bye.”

Justin hung up his phone with a sigh, before he laughed at himself. He then flipped his phone open again and sent Tara a text message to meet him at his office for lunch. He put his phone on his desk before turning to his computer and started to file through his e-mails.

About an hour or so later as he was finishing up his paperwork when there was a knock on his office door.

“Come in,” he called.

He glanced up and saw Tara poke her head inside, and he smiled. “Are you busy?” she questioned.

He chuckled and moved away from his computer, standing up and making his way toward her.

“Of course not,” he said.

Tara walked into the office the rest of the way, still dressed in her cheerleading costume and smiled before closing the door behind her. She made her way toward him, and wrapped her arms around him in a tight hug. He chuckled as he kissed her cheek lightly before breaking the hug.

“How are you?” he questioned.

She sighed before rolling her eyes and chuckled. “Tired,” she said.

“Long day?” he asked.

She nodded. “What about you?” she asked.

“Same old stuff,” he explained.

He moved himself out of her way and motioned for her to sit down. She did so with a smile before he went to the small fridge and grabbed the two lunch bags and taking out two water bottles as well.

“You made me lunch?” she questioned watching him.

He looked at her, and smiled. “I figured you might be sick of Diner food,” he explained as he put the bags down onto the desk surface.

“You are too good to me,” she said with a smile as she reached for one of the paper bags.

He chuckled before making his way back to her, and sat down behind his desk taking one of the other bags and opened it up. They began to eat their lunch making small talk about their days and the events in them.

“So, do you have a long night ahead of you?” he questioned as he finished off his sandwich and put the plastic bag into the trash can that was next to his desk.

Tara was drinking from her water bottle before she answered him.

“We’ve actually been on a good flow today,” she said. “I don’t think we should be too late.”

Justin licked his lips before he started talking again, “My family does this thing every Friday night during the summer where we go over and watch movies,” he explained.

Tara watched him as he nervously bounced his leg up and down as he sat behind his desk. She smiled before leaning back in her chair, crossing her arms over her chest as she crossed her legs as well.

“Are you asking me to meet your family?” she questioned with a smirk.

He looked at her, his bottom lip going into his mouth as he nibbled on it nervously. Tara chuckled before getting up from her chair and making her way towards him. Justin watched her as she moved his chair so that it was facing outward and sat down on his lap, wrapping an arm around his neck as she looked at him.

“Well?” she questioned with a smirk.

Justin chuckled before looking at her, and sighed. “Yes,” he said with a small smile.

Tara giggled before leaning down and kissed his lips lightly, her fingers moving into the soft curls on the back of his head. Justin’s arms went to her waist as he held her close, his lips moving against her slowly.

They broke the kiss breathless, leaning their foreheads against each others. Tara opened her eyes and looked at Justin, a smile forming on her lips.

“Is that a yes?” he questioned with a smirk.

Tara giggled. “I think I might be able to make it,” she said. “Let me find out what time we end tonight ok?” she questioned.

He nodded. Tara smiled and started to lean down to kiss his lips once again when she heard a constant vibrating going off on top of the desk. She groaned as she leaned against him and glanced at the desk and saw her cell phone sitting on it moving from the vibrations.

“Lunch over?” he questioned.

Tara pouted and sighed before reaching over for the phone and looked at the caller ID. She didn’t answer it though, she looked back at Justin and leaned down to kiss his lips once more, moving as close to him as possible. Justin groaned as he pulled her close, his hands moving to hold her hips against his.

The phone vibrated again and Tara groaned before breaking the kiss.

“I got to go,” she said, standing up.

Justin stood up behind her. She reached for her phone and purse before turning to Justin. Justin wrapped his arms around her as she hugged him close.

“I’ll call you okay?” she questioned.

He nodded. “Have a good day,” he replied.

She smiled. “You too,” she said. “Tell Randy I said Hi.”

He chuckled and nodded. She walked toward the door and turned to look at him once more before she opened his office door and walked out. Justin watched her leave before he sat back down in his office chair with a sigh; a smile creeping onto his lips.
End Notes:
Comments? Questions? E-mail me at Spacey1141@hotmail.com
Chapter 12 by Sassy Spacey
Author's Notes:
It's been forever again, I'm sorry. There really is no excuse with the exception of lack of inspiration. School had started again so my writing is pushed onto the back burner (for awhile). Thanks you all for reading and reviewing though, I really appreciate it! I hope you're enjoying the story still, let me know what you think :)
Chapter 12:

Tara talked Jackson into letting her leave early for the night, after promising she would be at his beck and call during the weekend, so that meant she couldn’t go to Millington with Justin and Randy. You win some you loose some.

When she found out, she immediately sent Justin a text message that she would be there, and he in turn text messaged her back saying that he would be there to pick her up at 7 o’clock.

Justin had told Trace about the movie night and Trace in turn got the ok from Lynn to bring Hannah. So after Tara’s last scene for the day she headed to the costume trailer to change quickly and then she and Hannah got into their car and headed back to the bungalows to get ready.

After about two hours, both girls were putting on their shoes and grabbing their jackets getting ready for their night. They were both sitting on the couch; Hannah was looking through her organizer as Tara was putting on more lip gloss.

“Did you have a good time last night?” Tara asked as she watched Hannah out of the corner of her eye.

“Yeah, it was fine,” Hannah replied simply.

“Trace seems pretty into you,” Tara commented.

Hannah looked up at her from her organizer and blinked before going back to her organizer again.

“We’re just hanging out,” she replied.

Tara smirked at her before closing her compact and packing everything away in her purse. As she was zipping it up, they heard tires running over the dirt road and the rumble of a truck coming towards them from outside.

They both stood up looking out the small window next to the front door and saw Justin’s truck pulling in front of their bungalow. The rumbling stopped as the car turned off and Justin began getting out of the driver’s seat and Trace followed his lead from the passenger seat.

Tara went to the door and opened it before Justin could knock; Justin was there with Trace standing behind him both of them with a smile on their faces. Tara smiled as she rushed into Justin’s arms hugging him tightly. Justin chuckled as he took a step back to support her weight as they moved out of the doorway.

Hannah stepped out of the doorway onto the porch; she had both Tara’s purse and her own as well as both of their jackets. She locked the door behind her before turning towards Trace.

“Good evening,” Trace said with a wink.

Hannah rolled her eyes. “How was your day?” she asked.

He chuckled. “Good actually, how was yours?” he asked.

Hannah shrugged.

All of a sudden the truck horn beeped. Justin and Tara broke their hug and looked over as Trace and Hannah did as well. Randy was watching them all waving and smiling brightly at them. They all laughed and waved back, Randy then motioned for them all to come to the truck.

Hannah handed Tara her jacket and purse before they headed to the truck. Randy insisted on sitting in between Tara and Justin in the front seat, as Hannah and Trace climbed in the back. Tara climbed into the passenger seat sitting next to Randy who was already talking to her about his day. Tara listened intently as Justin started the truck and they headed toward his parent’s house.

-*-

They reached Lynn and Paul’s house about a half hour later, there were already a few other cars parked on the street and laughter could be heard from behind the house. Randy practically jumped over Tara to get out of the truck and he ran off toward the house as the adults got themselves out of the car.

“Be careful!” Justin called out to him as he made his way around the side of the house and disappeared.

He chuckled before putting his arm around Tara’s shoulders and began to lead her toward the house as she wrapped her arm around his waist leaning into his side. Hannah and Trace followed their lead, making their way toward the house as well, but they were not touching.

Music and laughter could be heard from behind the house, along with people talking. Justin took his arm from around Tara’s shoulder and grabbed onto her hand as he led her through the backyard toward a taller red-curly-haired woman standing by the back porch, Randy wrapped tightly in her arms. She looked away from Randy and saw Justin and Tara making their way towards her and smiled waving at them.

“Wow, you look just like her,” Tara whispered to him before they reached her.

Justin smiled a little before they reached her, and he let go of Tara’s hand to hug his mother tightly.

“Hey mom,” he said as he kissed her cheek.

She smiled leaning her cheek toward him to receive the kiss. “How are you baby?” she questioned.

“Fine,” he said.

He looked back at Tara, taking her hand and bringing her up next to him.

“Mom, this is Tara,” he said.

Lynn looked at Tara and smiled, she held her out hand best she could since she was still holding onto Randy.

“Nice to meet you Tara, I’m Lynn” Lynn replied.

Tara shook her hand smiling. “Nice to meet you, thank you for inviting me,” she said.

“Oh don’t worry about it,” Lynn said taking back her hand and wrapping it firmly back around Randy.

“Where’s dad?” Justin asked, as he held back onto Tara’s hand keeping her by his side.

“Oh he’s around here somewhere, he was trying to get the movie set up the last time I saw him,” she explained.

“What movie are we watching?” Randy asked excitedly, taking Lynn’s attention away from Tara and Justin.

“I don’t know, why don’t we go inside and see what we have,” Lynn said looking at him.

He nodded excitingly. Lynn laughed before looking at Justin and Tara, who was watching them.

“Make sure you go see your Dad,” Lynn said to Justin before turning to Tara. “It was nice to meet you Tara, I’m sure we’ll get a chance to talk later,” she winked at her.

Tara nodded. “Nice to meet you,” she replied. “Thanks again for the invitation.”

“Of course,” she said before turning and began to walk toward the house totting Randy with her.

Justin turned to Tara who was watching them walk away, “See that wasn’t so bad,” he said with a wink.

Tara giggled before pinching his side playfully. He chuckled moving out of her reach and trying to reach for hers and laughing.

“The scary part is when she gets you alone,” he winked.

Tara nudged him lightly, “Thanks, you’re helpful,” she replied.

He laughed before leaning forward to kiss her lips lightly. “C’mon, you gotta meet my Dad before my Mom throws a fit,” he said taking her hand once more.

They made their way toward the projector screen where an older man was kneeling in front of it messing around with the lens.

“Hey Pops!” Justin called out when they were getting close.

The man lifted his head and saw Justin making his way toward him, and he smiled getting up to his feet.

“Justin, how are you boy?” he questioned as he made his way toward him.

Justin smiled as he reached him, letting go of Tara’s hand once more to hug him tightly. As Paul hugged him, he noticed Tara standing watching them.

“Who did you bring?” he asked, breaking the hug and looking at Justin winking.

Justin chuckled before bringing Tara forward again, “Dad, this is Tara,” Justin said.

Paul took Tara’s hand shaking it, “Well nice to meet you Tara, I’m Paul,” he said. “I didn’t know you were bringing a lady friend, usually Trace tags along.”

Justin chuckled. “Trace is here with his own girl,” he winked.

Tara smacked his shoulder playfully, knowing Hannah would not appreciate that. He looked at her, his eyes big as to question her smack before he chuckled. Paul was watching their little interaction a small smile appearing on his lips.

“Have you guys eaten?” Paul asked.

“No, not yet,” Justin replied.

“Well you know how fast food goes at these things, you better get something before it’s all gone,” he said.

Justin laughed before he grabbed Tara hand once more, “All right, we’ll try and save you some,” he said.

Paul chuckled as he watched them walk into the house, before going back to what he was doing. Justin made his way towards the house pulling Tara along with him.

The small kitchen was crowded with people who were in a line trying to get what food they could. Randy was now talking to another older woman as she smiled down at him. Randy turned when Justin and Tara came into the kitchen and waved them over.

The older women stood up straighter when she saw Justin making his way towards them and smiled.

“Hey Justin,” she said with a wink. “Long time no see,”

He chuckled as he leaned in to give the older women a kiss on the cheek. “How are you doing Sherry?” he asked.

“Great,” she said. “Randy was telling me about the friend you brought along.”

She looked at Tara who was standing behind Justin, watching them. Justin turned to her before reaching for her hand once again to bring her up next to him.

“Sherry this is Tara,” he said. “Tara this is Sherry, she’s Randy’s other grandmother,” he explained. “Susan’s mother,”

Tara smiled at the women, “It’s nice to meet you Sherry,” she said. “I have to say your catering at the movie shoot is fantastic.”

Sherry watched her and smiled politely, “Well thank you Tara I appreciate that,” she said. “Are you one of the actresses then?”

Randy jumped in at that point “She’s a cheerleader!” he said with a smile.

The three adults laughed, and Justin brought him over next to him and rested a hand on the top of his head.

“Yes, I’m working on the movie,” Tara explained even though she obviously didn’t have too.

Sherry nodded. “Well, I should get back to Mike with his beer,” she said as she held up the two cans of beer she had in her hand.

“We’ll catch you later Sherry,” Justin said as she leaned down to kiss Randy’s cheek before heading out the door.

Justin turned to Tara who was watching the older women walk away.

“She did not look happy about me,” she whispered.

Justin rolled his eyes. “Don’t worry too much about Sherry,” he explained. “As long as Randy is happy, then she’s okay.”

Before Tara could answer, Randy was pulling on her arm.

“Tara! Are you gonna eat with me?” He asked smiling.

Tara smiled as she looked down at him. “Of course I will,” she said.

“We better grab us a plate before it’s all gone,” Justin said as he ushered the two toward the line so they could grab some plates and put their food onto it.

About fifteen minutes or so later, the three of them got situated on a blanket outside on the grass and began eating. A few minutes later, Hannah and Trace followed setting up their own blanket a few feet behind where Tara, Justin and Randy were sitting and began eating as well.

Randy continued his constant chatter about his day with Tara as she listened intently to him and asked questions in all the right places. Justin sat back and ate in silence as he watched Tara interact with his son. He couldn’t help but smile at their interaction.

An hour or so later, everyone settled down to watch the movie. Randy wanted to watch it with Lynn and Paul so Justin let him go over and he stayed with Tara on the blanket as the movie began.

-*-

Trace and Hannah walked up the hill following Justin and Tara toward the crowd of people in the backyard. Hannah spotted Tara and Justin making their way to a tall red-haired woman and expected Trace to follow but he didn’t.

He grabbed her wrist and they began walking the opposite direction toward a few people who were sitting around in lawn chairs and talking amongst themselves.

“What are you doing?” she questioned in a whisper.

He turned to look at her with a wink before he continued his journey toward this group of people.

“Trace!” she whispered louder, “seriously!”

He chuckled. “You’ll see,” he explained. “Calm down, it’s not the end of the world.”

Hannah sighed as she had no choice but to follow him, it’s not like she knew anyone here besides Tara and Justin anyway.

The group of people were talking and laughing with each other as they drank their bottles of beer and enjoyed some of the food that was spread out on some blankets.

A middle-aged woman looked up from her chair after laughing loudly at a joke that an older gentlemen said.

“Hey Trace baby,” she said with a smile.

Trace let go of Hannah’s wrist before moving toward the women and leaning down to kiss her cheek.

“Hey mom,” he said.

When Hanna heard him say mom, she immediately began to blush and turned away from the crowd scanning quickly for Tara. She spotted her talking with Justin and an older red-haired woman and sighed.

“Hey mom, I want you too meet someone,” Trace replied as he reached back for Hannah’s hand and pulling her up next to him.

Hannah smiled her best at the women, who got out of her chair and stood up and faced them.

“Mom, this is Hannah,” Trace began. “Hannah this is my mom Katherine.”

She rolled her eyes at him. “Please call me Kat, everyone does,” she smiled at her before shaking her hand. “Nice too meet you Hannah.”

“You too Kat,” Hannah said with a smile.

“Hannah’s an assistant for one of the stars of the movie that’s filming at the high school,” Trace replied.

“Oh the one that’s dating Justin?” Katherine replied watching them.

Hannah looked at her, her eyebrows scrunching in confusion. Katherine noticed the expression on her face and she smiled before winking at Hannah.

”Small town honey,” she replied. “Nothing stays a secret for long.”

Hannah nodded trying to keep the giggle to herself. Tara will not like this.

Trace began to introduce Hannah to the rest of the people that were gathered around. She met his older sisters, Susie and Monica, and a few other members of his family who were gathered around eating and talking. Hannah and Trace sat down and chatted a little bit with them.

“So, do you get into all the hot clubs out there in New York since you have all the connections?” One of Trace’s older sisters Susie asked her eyes big with excitement.

Hannah smiled. “I could get into them,” she said. “But I pretty much do what Tara wants to do.”

“Is she not a big party person?” Susie asked.

Hannah shrugged. “She used to be,” she explained. “One of the guy’s she dated was in a band, so I used to be dragged to clubs where he played.”

“Oh was that the Roger guy?” she asked smiling.

“Sus,” Trace groaned warning her.

Susie smiled brightly. “I’m just asking,” she said.

Hannah laughed. “Yes, it was Roger,” she explained.

Susie nodded. “So you must be dying in this little nowhere town,” she commented.

Hannah shrugged. “It’s kinda nice actually,” she replied with a smile.

“Man I can’t imagine leaving this place,” Monica spoke up. “But it would be nice to get out every once in awhile.”

“No one is stopping you,” Katherine said with a chuckle. “No one is twisting your arm to be here honey.”

Monica shrugged. “What would I do with myself?” she questioned.

Hannah watched her. “Well if you ever decide to come out to New York, I would be happy to show you around.” She replied.

“Really?” Monica asked. “You would do that?”

Hannah smiled. “Sure,” she said.

Monica looked from Hannah to her mother. Katherine rolled her eyes. “Do what you gotta do baby,” she said with a wink.

Monica squealed before leaning forward to wrap her arms around Hannah tightly hugging her close. Hannah was a bit taken back with the hug but she smiled and patted her back lightly.

“I’ll give you my number before I leave,” she replied. “Don’t let me forget.”

“I won’t,” Monica reassured her.

Hannah chuckled. Monica and Susie asked her a few more questions about the industry and about the big city before Trace decided he was hungry and needed food as soon as possible. Hannah got up with him waving and smiling at everyone before they both turned and headed toward the house.

Trace chuckled when they were a little ways away from his family before reaching down and taking her hand. This time she didn’t pull away. He walked with her into the kitchen and stood in line with everyone else as they prepared to get their dinner.

-*-

After they loaded their plates they decided to find a spot for themselves instead of eating with Trace’s family. Trace grabbed an extra blanket from the house and they headed outside to look for a spot.

They spotted a place right behind Tara, Justin and Randy who were all gathered on a small blanket eating their dinner. Trace spread the blanket out and sat down; Hannah did the same balancing her plate and purse that was hung on her arm.

They ate their food in silence for a while, just enjoying the atmosphere not saying anything before Hannah finally spoke up.

“So your family seems nice,” she replied.

Trace turned and looked at her before taking a bite of his pizza and chuckled.

“Sorry I sprung it on you like that,” he replied. “I knew you wouldn’t do it otherwise.”

Hannah shrugged. “So, you’re the baby?” she questioned.

He nodded. “Can’t you tell?” he questioned. “I’m spoiled rotten.” He grinned.

Hannah chuckled.

“My sister will take you up on your offer you know,” he commented.

Hannah nodded. “I figured she would,” she said. “That’s why I offered.”

Trace chuckled before taking a drink of his beer.

“So what are your plans for the weekend?” Hannah asked as she continued eating.

He shrugged. “I think I’m going with Justin and Randy to Millington,” he replied. “What about you?”

Hannah shrugged. “You know where I’ll be,” she said.

“Right,” he said. “I guess that means she couldn’t get the time off.”

Hannah shook her head. “She’s lucky she got to come tonight,” she explained.

“I see, so the schedule is pretty strict?” Trace asked.

Hannah shrugged. “It can be,” she replied. “She’ll get some time off coming up, don’t worry.” She winked.

Trace chuckled. “I’m not worried.” He winked back.

Hannah rolled her eyes.

“So, am I invited to New York?” Trace asked watching her closely.

Hannah looked up from her plate of food; she blushed before looking back down and eating something off her plate.

“If you want too,” she mumbled.

Trace chuckled. He didn’t mention it anymore as they continued to eat. After a few minutes, the movie started and they sat back looking up at the screen and turning their attention to the movie.

-*-

Justin was leaning back on the blanket, his hands supporting his weight and his legs spread out in front of him, but his feet were planted on the ground. Tara smiled as she sat in between them, resting her back against his chest snuggling into his arms. She leaned her head back against his shoulder, and turned to kiss his neck softly.

The lights around the house were down, as the movie came to life on the huge screen hanging from the garage, so everyone was left in the dark watching the movie play across the night.

Trace and Hannah were sitting on a blanket behind them, although they were sitting next to each other talking quietly amongst themselves not really paying attention to the movie.

“What are you doing?” Justin whispered when he felt Tara’s soft lips play across his neck, “You’re missing the movie,” he teased. He didn’t need there to be any evidence left on his neck, for anyone to see.

Tara smiled before leaning in to kiss his neck lightly once again, taking in his woodsy smell before she sighed and cuddled close to him.

“I’ve seen the movie,” she commented simply.

Justin chuckled. “So this is why you wanted to come, so you could attack me,” he asked.

Tara rolled her eyes. “I don’t have to sit here,” she said. “I can go sit with Randy, or Trace and Hannah,” she started to get up.

“Oh no no no, wait a minute,” he said with a laugh as he held onto her waist keeping her in between his legs.

Tara laughed as she leaned back against his chest again, “Well you said-“ she started.

“I know what I said,” he cut her off before he leaned down to kiss her lips lightly, his hand moving to her cheek as he deepened the kiss.

Tara groaned as she leaned forward against him, her hands moving to his shoulders as they moved to wrap around his neck as she pulled him closer. Their kiss was broken when Trace threw a couple of small sticks at them, hitting Justin in the back. He broke it, turning to the direction it came from and Trace laughing at him as Hannah smacked his shoulder.

“Hey, down in front!” Trace called with a chuckle.

Justin rolled his eyes before turning to Tara who was laughing and leaned her head down hiding behind him and resting her head on his shoulder. Justin chuckled as he hugged her close, his arm wrapping around her waist as he pulled her closer to him.

“Watch the movie now, before we get scolded again,” he said with a chuckle.

Tara smiled before leaning back against him, her eyes fixing on the movie screen once again.
End Notes:
Comments? Qestions? E-mail me at Spacey1141@hotmail.com
Chapter 13 by Sassy Spacey
Author's Notes:
Spring break is here. I have a chapter for you and I hope you all are still enjoying the story. Thanks for sticking with it even though the adds are few and far between. I plan on getting atleast one more chapter out before the end of Spring break, I hope it works out that way. Please let me know what you think :)
Chapter 13:

After the first movie ended, everyone decided on the second one and settled in to watch another movie. Tara had other plans, she told Justin her butt was falling asleep and asked if she could have a tour of his childhood home instead. He reluctantly agreed and took her toward the house as everyone had their eyes on the screen watching the movie.

Because the movie was playing no one was in the house, so he took her hand and they walked into the house and up the dimly lit stairs and down the long hallway. There were various pictures, collages and framed art that were obviously done by a child hanging on the hallway wall. Tara didn’t get a chance to look at them before Justin dragged her toward the last door in the hallway.

He poked his head in, turning on the light and taking a look around before opening the door all the way and moving out of the way so that Tara could walk into the room first. Tara smiled as she stepped into the room; Justin followed her in and closed the door behind them.

Tara took in the small space as she walked in. The walls were painted a powder blue and he had a few posters hung up on the wall, an old band and a basketball player making a slam dunk. He had a full-sized bed, covered in a complete set of black and blue sheets and a comforter, and pillow cases to match.

“Does Randy sleep in here now when he stays over?” Tara asked with a smile, as she walked over and picked up an old stuffed dog sitting on the bed.

She looked up at him as she sat down on the edge of the bed, the stuffed dog still in her hands. He watched her from the doorway with a smile.

“He does sometimes,” Justin said. “I don’t get him as much as I like, so I don’t like to drop him off here too often.”

Tara nodded. “Makes sense,” she replied as she played with the ears of the stuffed dog. “How often do you get him?”

He leaned against the wall watching her, his arm crossed over his chest as she continued to play with the ears of the stuffed dog.

“It’s usually about every other day or so,” he explained. “Susan and I are cordial, so it’s not so bad.”

Tara nodded watching him. She could tell this was a sensitive subject with him, but she wanted to know. She felt he knew a lot about her, and she knew nothing about him. He watched her a minute before he made his way over to her and stood in front of her looking down at her.

“How long have you guys been separated?” she questioned curiously.

“Since Randy was three,” he said before licking his lips.

“Is this uncomfortable?” she asked him.

Justin shrugged watching her again. She lifted the dog to her face, playing with his ears making it look like it was talking to him.

“Are you uncomfortable?” she asked, her voice high like a cartoon character.

Justin chuckled and rolled his eyes before he reached for the dog, taking it out of her hands.

“Give me that,” he replied with a laugh and tossing it behind her back onto the bed.

Tara giggled as she looked up at him. He leaned forward his hand cupping her cheek as he brought his lips to hers in a light kiss. They broke the kiss and Tara looked up at him once again, a smile breaking out on her lips as she wrapped a hand around his neck bringing his lips to hers once again.

Justin’s hand moved to her cheek as he held her face and began to fall forward, she laid back slowly on the bed as he leaned over her. As she finished her descent to the bed, she broke the kiss with a gasp before arching her back and reaching behind her pulling the stuff dog out from under her.

She held it out in front of her as Justin looked down at her and they began to laugh. He reached for it, before tossing it onto the floor.

“Aww,” she said with a giggle. “He didn’t deserve that.”

He chuckled as he moved himself onto his side and they lay facing each other on the small bed.

“So, are you having fun?” he asked as he reached over and brushed a piece of hair from her face.

“I am,” she said with a smile.

He chuckled. “Are you just saying that?” he questioned.

“No!” she replied, her eyes getting big in response.

He chuckled. “I believe you,” he replied.

They were quiet for a minute before Justin spoke up again.

“Did you get to ask Jackson about this weekend?” Justin asked hopeful.

Tara looked at him, a pout breaking out on her lips before she sighed.

“I can’t,” she began to explain. “He gave me tonight, but I’m going to be his slave for the weekend.”

Justin chuckled before he leaned forward to kiss her forehead. “Don’t worry about it,” he said. “We’ll have fun without you,” he joked. “It’ll just be a boys’ weekend.”

Tara chuckled shoving him lightly. “Jerk!” she exclaimed with a chuckle.

Justin smiled. “Randy sure will be disappointed though,” he said.

“And you?” She questioned with a wink.

“Maybe,” he winked back.

“Maybe?!” she questioned and moving forward causing Justin to lie on his back as she straddled his waist.

He laughed as her hands started to tickle up his sides as she tried to find his ticklish spots or if he had any. He continued to laugh as he tried to reach for her hands to stop their assault as he lay on his back.

“Okay, okay I give up” he said.

Tara giggled and stopped, sighing as she sat back, still straddling his waist.

“So?” she questioned.

He sighed and closed his eyes. “I’m disappointed too,” he said.

She smiled and leaned down to kiss his lips once again. “That’s more like it,” she said.

“Oh yeah!” he laughed as he moved himself up, not giving Tara a chance to react before he moved them as she was laying on her back now with him straddling her.

He had her wrists in his hands as they rested by her head flat on the bed. He leaned over her looking down, a smirk appearing on his lips. Tara struggled against him, trying to keep the smile from her lips.

“You are so mean,” she said with a giggle.

She pouted as she watched him but he kept her hands in place. He leaned down and pressed his lips to hers once more, in a slow kiss. As the kiss deepened Justin let go of her wrists, and she immediately wrapped them around him pulling him closer to her. In the heat of their kiss, there were footsteps outside the room, and then a light pounding on the bedroom door.

They broke apart quickly, both glancing at the door.

“Justin, Randy wants to see you” Lynn’s voice was heard through the door.

Justin quickly lifted himself off of Tara, as she sat up on the edge of the bed. He pulled down his shirt, adjusting his clothes before running a hand through his messy hair and opened the door quickly.

Randy was standing in front of him, tears cascading down his red cheeks. As soon as he saw Justin he reached his arms up towards him, more tears trailing down his cheeks. Justin leaned down to pick him up, holding him tightly as Randy started to cry into his neck.

Justin rubbed his back soothingly before glancing at Lynn who was watching them.

“What happened?” he questioned.

Lynn glanced at Tara who was sitting on the bed still watching Justin as he comforted Randy and then turned to him.

“He looked for you guys and couldn’t find you,” she explained. “He freaked out.”

“I thought you left,” Randy cried into his neck hugging him tightly, wrapping his little legs around Justin’s waist.

Justin sighed as he rubbed his back, kissing his head lightly. “I wouldn’t leave you Randy,” he replied. “You know I wouldn’t.”

“I couldn’t find you,” Randy cried.

Justin ran a hand through Randy’s hair, hugging the little boy tightly. He then turned back to Tara,

“Do you mind if I talk to him alone for a minute?” he questioned.

Tara nodded and stood up. “Sure, no problem,” she said.

She made her way towards him and rested a hand against his back for a minute before moving around him. Lynn was turning to leave and Tara followed her out of the room and closed the door behind her.

Tara followed Lynn down the long hall wall and back down the stairs as they left Justin and Randy to talk alone in the bedroom.

“So, how are you Tara?” Lynn asked as they reached the bottom of the stairs and Lynn began walking towards the kitchen.

People were moving in and out of the house since the second movie of the night was almost over and a majority of the people were preparing to head home.

“Are you enjoying Tennessee?” Lynn asked.

Tara nodded she followed behind her into the kitchen. “I am, it’s so quiet and peaceful here,” she began to explain. “I’m not used to that.”

“Where are you from?” Lynn asked as she began to clean up the kitchen a little.

She started packing up the leftover food that was sitting out on the counter, and throwing away used plastic cups and silverware.

“New York,” Tara replied. “I grew up in the suburbs but moved to the city when my career took off.”

“I see,” Lynn replied.

Tara watched her for a minute as she continued to clean up around the kitchen.

“Do you need any help Lynn?” Tara asked.

Lynn turned to look at her for a minute, before smiling and nodding.

“See if you can get this stuff into the fridge,” Lynn said as she pointed to the stainless steal double door fridge that was in the corner of the kitchen.

Tara made her way toward it and opened it up before reaching for some of the containers that Lynn had already packed up.

“So what do you do Lynn?” Tara asked, trying to make conversation.

Lynn looked at her with a smile, “Paul and I run our own construction company,” she replied.

“I bet that keeps you busy,” Tara replied.

Lynn nodded. “Pretty busy,” she said.

“Justin’s not involved in that?” Tara questioned.

Lynn shook her head no, “He wasn’t interested,” she replied. “It really hurt Paul’s feelings when he told us, cause you know we did this for him, so he could have a good childhood.”

Tara turned and watched her as Lynn looked out the kitchen window at people mingling about. Lynn came out of her daze and turned back to Tara who was watching her with a worried expression. Lynn then smiled.

“I’m sorry,” she giggled in embarrassment. “I shouldn’t be telling you these things.”

Tara semi smiled before going back to packing up things into the fridge. Lynn and Tara continued to chat about whatever came to mind. Tara told her a little more about the movie being shot, and things happening in the business.

They had both sat down at the kitchen table with a cup of sweet tea after cleaning up the kitchen and waited for Justin and Randy to return.

A few minutes later, Randy made his way into the room first, his cheeks still red from his crying fest but there were no longer tears running down his cheeks. Justin followed him. He spotted the two women sitting and laughing together and it made him stop in his tracks.

Tara and Lynn both glanced up at the pair as they entered the room.

“Is everything ok now?” Lynn asked, looking sympathetically at Randy.

Randy nodded before making his way toward Lynn, his arms reaching out to hug her tightly. Lynn smiled as she pulled him onto her lap and hugged him tightly, and kissed his cheeks.

“C’mon, people are leaving and we should go say good-bye,” Lynn said as she set Randy down on his feet, and held onto his hand as they made their way out of the kitchen and into the backyard.

Justin watched them walk away before he turned back to Tara who was watching him with a small smile.

“You guys looked cozy,” he said with a chuckle as he made his way over to her.

Tara shrugged her shoulder and smiled but didn’t say anything. He laughed as he sat down across from her at the table.

“Everything okay?” Tara asked him.

Justin nodded. “He’s having these freak outs lately,” he explained. “He thinks one day I’ll just pick up and leave him.”

Tara watched him as he messed with the end of the table cloth, looking down at his hands intently.

“I don’t know where he gets it from,” he continued to explain. “The only thing I can think of is that it has to do with his mom and me splitting up.”

“You think maybe he should talk to someone about it,” Tara suggested.

Justin looked up from his hands at her.

“Sorry, it’s none of my business,” Tara answered quickly holding up her hands in defense

Justin shook his head before looking down at his hands again.

“My mom’s suggested it,” he explained. “He’s only five.”

He ran a hand through his hair and sighed deeply once more. Tara watched him in silence; she didn’t want to overstep her boundaries with him.

“Maybe he’ll grow out of it,” She said simply smiling a little.

Justin looked up at her and smiled slightly. “Sorry, I shouldn’t be worrying about this now,” he said and sat up straighter. He glanced down at his watch that was on his wrist before lifting his arms into the air and stretching them.

‘Time to go?” Tara questioned with a smile.

Justin shrugged. “You gotta be up early?” he questioned.

Tara shrugged with a smile. Justin smirked at her response but before he could say anything else the backdoor opened and closed and Trace could he be heard laughing through the house. Footsteps could be heard as he made his way into the kitchen with Hannah following behind him.

“There you guys are,” he said watching them. “I thought you guys left without us; you disappeared after the first movie.”

“Justin was showing me around,” Tara replied.

“Oh yeah,” Trace said with a wink.

Hannah rolled her eyes and nudged his side lightly causing Trace to chuckle.

“Did you guys have fun?” Tara asked them.

“Tons,” Trace winked. “What about you two?”

Tara giggled and shook her head. “Is your mind always in the gutter Trace?” she asked.

Trace opened his mouth to answer, but before he could Justin cut him off.

“Pretty much,” Justin replied.

Trace frowned slightly, “Hey man that’s not true,” he said.

Justin turned to him and gave him a serious look. “Really Trace?” he questioned.

Trace laughed after a minute,” Okay fine, it’s true.” He chuckled.

They all laughed. They continued to chat for a while before Lynn and Randy made their way back into the house, with Paul following behind them.

“We better get going,” Justin replied standing up from his seat.

Randy pouted holding onto Lynn’s leg tightly. “How come?” he asked.

Justin laughed at his expression. “We’ve got a big day ahead of us tomorrow buddy, remember we’re going to Millington with Uncle Trace.” He said.

“Is Tara coming too?” Randy questioned with a smile as he made his way over towards them.

Justin remained quiet as he glanced at Tara who was watching him with a smile and knelt down to be his size.

“I wish I could,” Tara replied. “But I have to work all day tomorrow.”

“Oh,” he said pouting. “So just Uncle Trace is coming?”

Trace chuckled. “Geez kid, don’t sound so excited.” He said.

Randy smirked and stuck his tongue out at him.

“Oh no you didn’t,” Trace replied before running towards him.

Randy let out a shriek before taking off into the living room with Trace chasing after him. Lynn smiled watching them before turning back towards Tara and Justin.

“Well it was nice meeting you Tara,” Lynn said as she made her way towards her, her arms opening up in a friendly hug.

Tara smiled and hugged her back. “You too,” she replied. “I had a great time.”

Lynn smiled. “Good I’m glad,” she said. “You’ll have to come over for dinner soon so we can chat some more.”

Tara nodded. “Definitely,” she replied.

Paul came forward then and hugged Tara as well, as Lynn made her way over to Hannah giving her a hug as well and then hugged Justin tightly kissing his cheek. As soon as everyone said their good-byes Justin ushered everyone outside and to his truck. They all climbed in and started on their way back to the bungalows.

-*-

Everyone was quiet on the way back to the bungalows. Randy insisted on sitting in the front seat again between Justin and Tara and a few minutes into the drive he had leaned against Tara’s side and had fallen asleep. Tara smiled when she felt his heavy weight lean against her, and moved her arm so that his head rested comfortably on her lap.

“Man,” Trace mumbled. “He’s got the best seat in the house.”

They all giggled quietly. Tara rolled her eyes at his response before looking out the window at the dark night passing them by. Justin looked in his rear view mirror glancing at Trace and shaking his head as Hannah smacked his shoulder, but she too was giggling.

The rest of the drive was quiet, Justin soon pulled onto the dirt road that lead towards the row of bungalows. He parked outside of Tara and Hannah’s bungalow. Hannah and Trace got out first and made their way toward the bungalow as Justin turned to Tara and helped her get Randy off of her lap without waking him up.

Justin opened his door getting out and leaning over to pick Randy up and put him into the back seat of the truck. Tara got out of the car as well, and stood with her arms crossed over her chest as she waited for Justin to join her.

Hannah and Trace were already inside the house, giving Justin and Tara some privacy. Once Justin got Randy buckled into the back he closed the door softly before turning toward Tara who was watching him.

“I had a good time tonight,” she said with a smile. “Thanks for inviting me.”

He smiled. “I figured if I didn’t then Randy would,” he replied.

Tara giggled. Justin smiled as he heard her giggle, and he made his way towards her and wrapped his arms around her tightly. Tara smiled as she sunk into his chest, closing her eyes as she took in his scent once more.

“I hope you have a good time tomorrow,” she said.

“We’ll try,” he said.

Tara laughed. She broke the hug and looked up at him as he looked down at her. She stood up on her tip toes her lips touching his lightly. Justin kissed her back softly, holding her closer to him. They broke the kiss a minute later, both breathless as they hugged each other tightly once more.

“Call me on your lunch tomorrow ok?” Justin asked.

Tara nodded. “I’ll try and remember,” she said. “I’ll have Hannah write it in her organizer.”

Justin chuckled. “You know how funny that sounds?” he asked.

Tara pouted and looked up at him. “I have a lot on my mind okay,” she stuck her tongue out at him.

He laughed as he reached up and brushed the loose strands of hair from her face, holding her face in his hands lightly.

“I’m just teasing you,” he said softly.

Tara pouted once more. He chuckled and leaned down to kiss her lips once more. Tara leaned against him further as she deepened the kiss, her hand reaching up to wrap around his neck and pulling him closer.

Before the kiss got any deeper there was a loud cough that echoed through the night. They both broke the kiss quickly, and looked where the noise had come from. Trace was making his way towards them from the bungalow’s porch.

“C’mon you two, it’s late.” He said with a smirk.

Justin rolled his eyes before turning to Tara once more. He kissed her forehead lightly before pulling himself away from her.

“Call me tomorrow,” he reminded her.

She nodded. “Have fun,” she said.

Justin made his way towards the driver side of the car, as Tara turned and made her way toward Trace who was walking towards the car.

“See you later Trace,” she nudged his shoulder lightly as she passed him.

He chuckled as he reached the truck and got into the passenger seat. Justin started to truck as Tara reached the porch and she turned around and waved to them before going inside.

Hannah was sitting at her lap top on the couch, typing furiously at something. She looked up at Tara as she made her way into the house.

“Can you remind me to call Justin on my lunch tomorrow?” Tara asked as she took off her jacket and kicked off her shoes.

Hannah nodded as she stopped typing and reached for her organizer, flipping to a page and began to write on it.

“Thank you,” Tara replied with a smile. “Did you have a good time?”

“It was okay,” Hannah replied before going back to typing away.

“I saw you talking to a group of people when we got there,” Tara commented. “Was that his family?”

Hannah nodded. “He introduced me to his mom, and sisters,” she said.

“I met Justin’s parents too,” Tara replied. “And Randy’s other grandmother.”

“How was that?” Hannah asked.

Tara shrugged. “Kind of nerve wracking,” she said. “It seemed like it went okay though.”

Tara glanced at the time on the wall clock and yawned slightly.

“I should probably go to bed,” Tara replied and made her way towards her bedroom. “Night Hannah, don’t stay up too late.”

“Night.”

Tara walked into her bedroom and closed her door. She put her purse on her dresser before taking off her clothes and changing into her pajamas. She went into the bathroom to wash her face and brush her teeth and then went back into her room saying good-night to Hannah once more.

She got under the covers after setting her alarm on her phone and closed her eyes. The night’s events playing through her mind as she thought about how if things kept going the way they were, the next three months were going to be the best three months of her life.
End Notes:
Comments? Questions? E-mail me at Spacey1141@hotmail.com
Chapter 14 by Sassy Spacey
Author's Notes:
Better late then never right? I know I said I would have this chapter out during Spring Break but time got away from me. I'm sorry :( I hope you enjoy this chapter anyway and it's a long one :) Thanks to everyone who had read and reviewed I'm so glad you're enjoying it. Also I've been nominated at the NF.net Awards :) Yay! Anyway, thanks for continuing to read this story and please continue to let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy!
Chapter 14:

The weekend passed by quickly for everyone with plenty of events to keep them busy.

Justin, Trace and Randy had a good boys’ weekend in Millington and spent most of the day there on Saturday. They went to a little fair where there were arcade games, and go-karts, and plenty of junk food to go around.

On Sunday, the boys packed up a lunch and headed down to the lake to lounge around for the afternoon. On both days Tara got a chance to call Justin, but the conversations never lasted very long before Tara had to head back on set or do something else.

Monday morning came quickly for the Timberlake men. Justin woke up on time and got Randy up and ready for school and for his mother’s in an hours time. He sat him down at the bar once again with a bowl of cereal as he went about packing up his lunch for the day.

“Are you going to see Tara today?” Randy asked as he spooned cereal into his mouth.

Justin smiled at the question. “I don’t know,” he replied.

“How come?” Randy questioned.

Justin chuckled. “Because she has to work,” he explained. “She might not have time to see me.”

“I bet she will,” Randy said with a smile as he picked at one of the floating marshmallows in his cereal.

Justin chuckled. “You do huh?” he questioned.

Randy nodded. Justin looked up at him, “Stop picking at your food and eat it please,” he said.

Randy sighed before spooning another bite of cereal into his mouth. He continued to eat for a few minutes before looked up at Justin once more and spoke.

“She’s fun,” he said simply with a smile.

Justin chuckled. “Well I’ll tell her you think so,” Justin said with a smile as he finished packing up his lunch.

Randy finished off his cereal, and started to drink the milk from the bowl making loud slurping noises.

“So don’t forget Mom is picking you up today,” Justin said as he wiped his hands on a dishtowel and looked at Randy.

Randy finished drinking his milk and nodded at him, licking the film off his upper lip then wiped it off with the back of his hand.

“Will I get to see you?” he questioned, a small pout forming on his lips.

Justin walked over to him taking his empty bowl and putting it into the sink. “I don’t think so buddy,” he replied. “It’s your mom’s turn and she’s been gone all weekend don’t you miss her?”

“Yeah,” he sighed.

Justin chuckled before making his way over to him with his sack lunch and setting it on the bar in front of him. He leaned down and kissed his head lightly.

“Maybe if you’re good boy Tara will come over for dinner this week ok?” Justin asked.

Randy’s smile brightened immediately and he looked up at him. “Really?” he questioned.

Justin nodded. “Really,” he replied. “But you have to be good okay?”

Randy nodded.

“Good,” Justin replied. “Now go get your shoes on, we’re gonna be late.”

Randy jumped off the stool before rushing towards the foyer where his shoes were laying. Justin cleaned off the counter with a rag once more before grabbing Randy’s lunch bag and headed into the foyer where Randy was tying his shoes.

Justin got his keys out and opened the front door and waited for Randy to finish tying his shoes. Once he did he jumped up and raced out the door heading toward the truck. Justin chuckled as he watched him; he stepped out of the house and closed the door locking it before heading toward the truck as well.

They both got into the truck and Justin made his way down the familiar road towards Randy’s school. He got him there and dropped him off, signing him in and helped him get situated before heading out and going toward the diner to meet Trace for breakfast once again.

After having breakfast with Trace, and talking to Sherry a little at the diner he headed out to his truck and made his way out to the high school for another day of practice.

-*-

Tara’s weekend was just as busy. She spent most of the day on Saturday in a small community close by filming inside of a house with her movie parents Kyle Chandler and Connie Britton. (Coach Taylor and his wife from Friday Night Lights TV show “ picture link at the end of the chapter)

On Sunday she headed back to the high school to do more costume fittings with Ruby. After that she had a meeting with Jackson, he wanted to run a few scenes from the movie by her and get her opinion on some things.

By the end of each day she was so tired that she couldn’t wait for them to get back to the bungalows so she could get to bed.

Monday morning, Tara didn’t have to be at the high school until later in the morning so she got a chance to sleep in a little. Unfortunately, knowing she was going to see Justin was making her anxious and once she woke up she couldn’t fall back asleep. She got out of bed and got dressed in some work out clothes; she figured a run might help her nerves a little bit.

She took a small jog around the property of the bungalows with her iPod buds in her ears. She finished a few laps and made her way back onto her porch to do some stretching. As she was doing so, she noticed Tyler making his way toward her; he too was in work out clothes and had his iPod buds in his ears. She spotted him and gave him a small smile as he reached her.

“Hey Tyler,” she said pulling one bud out of her ear so she could hear his response.

“Hey, how are ya?” he asked smiling.

“Good,” Tara replied. “Just decided to get a small jog in before a busy day,”

“Sounds fun,” Tyler replied with a smile.

Tara chuckled. “Tons,” she said.

“Where were you Friday night?” he questioned. “I expected to see you at the bar with everyone else.”

“Oh um, Justin had a family movie night thing and invited me to it,” Tara replied biting her bottom lip watching him carefully.

“Oh,” he said simply. “You’ve been spending a lot of time with him.”

Tara nodded. “A little bit,” she said.

“Is that really a good idea?” Tyler asked a minute later.

Tara stopped stretching and looked at him in shock.

“Tyler, I really don’t-“ she started but he cut her off.

“Tara, it’s really none of my business,” Tyler shook his head. “I just…” he bit his bottom lip before continuing. “I just don’t want you to get hurt.”

“I’m a big girl Tyler,” she explained. “I can take care of myself.”

Tyler nodded. “I know you can,” he explained. “I just don’t want to see you get hurt again.”

Tara remained quiet as she tried to think of something to tell Tyler, something that would explain what she was doing with Justin. Something to justify this relationship she was getting deeper and deeper into.

“Justin’s a great guy, I’m sure.” Tyler started. “But can he be there for you, the way you need someone there for you?”

Tara was still at a loss for words when she heard the front door behind her open, and Hannah poked her head out of the door.

“Hey, we gotta leave in about 20 minutes.” Hannah said.

Tara nodded then turned to Tyler who was starting to put his iPod ear buds back into his ears.

“I’ll see ya on the set,” he called before turning and running around the property.

Tara watched him run before turning back to Hannah who was watching her intently.

“Everything okay?” Hannah asked as Tara made her way into the house.

“Fine,” Tara replied.

“What did Tyler have to say?” Hannah asked watching as Tara took off her shoes.

“I don’t want to talk about it,” Tara replied as she made her way into her bedroom and closed the door loudly behind her.

Hannah frowned before going back into her room to finish getting dressed for the day. Tara came out of her bedroom 10 minutes later, dressed and ready for another day of filming.

Hannah had talked Markus into letting them rent a car for the remainder of their stay so they wouldn’t have to be driven around. Hannah and Tara got into their small car a few minutes later and headed down to the high school for another busy day.

-*-

Tara kept to herself throughout the day; instead she put all her frustration into her work. She gave Jackson everything he wanted from the scenes that she was filming that morning and he was excited to tell her she may get out early that night.

Also the fact that she hadn’t heard from Justin all day, not a text message or a short phone call, and it was driving her crazy. Despite everyone’s warnings, she was staring to develop deep feelings for this country boy.

Because she hadn’t heard from Justin, she opted to have lunch with Renee instead. They made their way towards where the Diner had set up their buffet for everyone on the movie. They stood in line with everyone else and after Renee shamelessly flirted with Andrew they went and sat down on one of the tables.

“So,” Renee said with a smile as she watched Tara check her phone for the millionth time that day.

Tara looked up at her. “Yes?” she questioned.

“You gonna see Justin tonight?” she asked as she ate a French fry off her plate.

“Maybe,” Tara replied with a shrug.

Renee giggled. “Oh come on, are we keeping secrets now?” she asked.

“Maybe,” Tara replied with a smirk.

Renee rolled her eyes. “Fine, keep secrets see if I care,” she said. “I just won’t tell you anything that’s happening with me.”

Tara laughed. “That’s fine, I don’t need to know about your personal life,” she said.

“Well I need to know about yours,” Renee said. “So tell me!”

She shook her head. “There’s nothing to tell,” she said.

“Oh come on!” Renee said.

Tara sighed. “Renee, please stop,” she started. “I don’t want to get into this now.”

Renee pouted. “Fine,” she crossed her arms over her chest.

Tara looked at her. “You look like Randy when he pouts,” she giggled.

Renee continued to pout as Tara giggled and went back to her meal. She brought up Andrew and that kept Renee distracted from Tara’s personal life. They were about 20 minutes into their lunch when Tara glanced down at her phone once more, and sighed once again seeing no missed messages or texts.

“Expecting a call?” A voice came from behind her.

Tara gasped and turned quickly, Justin was standing there in his school uniform of khaki pants and a black polo shirt. She smiled and stood up quickly wrapping her arms around him and hugging him tightly. Justin chuckled as he hugged her back, and leaned over to kiss her cheek lightly.

“I hope I didn’t interrupt anything,” Justin asked looking at Renee.

Renee shook her head. “Nope, we were talking about you anyway,” she winked.

He laughed. Tara turned to her. “I wasn’t talking about you, she was trying to get information out of me,” she stuck her tongue out at her.

Renee rolled her eyes. “Well I’m gonna leave you two alone,” she said and got up.

They both watched her walk away before Justin turned to Tara who was watching him with a smile and leaned into to kiss his cheek lightly. They sat down at the table and turned to each other as Tara finished eating her lunch.

“Talking about me?” he asked with a wink.

Tara laughed. “She was being nosy,” she replied. “Have you eaten?”

He nodded. “I let the guys out early and had my lunch in my office,” he replied.

“Why didn’t you call me?” she asked. “I would have joined you.”

He smiled. “I figured I’d wait until I saw everyone having lunch before I decided to bug you,” he replied.

“You never bug me,” she said.

He wrapped his arm around her waist, holding her to his side as she finished her lunch.

“So, how’s your day been?” he asked.

She nodded. “Okay,” she said. “Shooting seems to be on schedule.”

“That’s good,” he said. “You think you might get out in time for dinner?”

Tara smiled and turned to look at him. “Do you have something in mind?” she asked.

He smiled and ducked his head in shyness. Tara smiled as she snuggled closer to him, laying her head on his shoulder. He laughed as he rubbed her arm lightly.

“Randy’s gonna be at his mom’s tonight,” he commented. “I was just wondering if you wanted to go to dinner.”

Tara’s smile brightened. “Really?” she asked.

He chuckled. “Yes,” he said. “But only if you want to of course.”

“I’d love to,” Tara replied quickly.

He looked up at her and smiled slightly. She watched his expression and giggled before leaning in to kiss his lips lightly. They pulled back and looked at each other for a minute. Tara smiled once again before smiling and leaning in to kiss his lips again, this time the kiss lasted a little longer.

Tara groaned lightly as she broke the kiss, leaning her forehead against his and they both smiled at each other before Tara went back to eating. Tara finished her lunch as Justin told her about the weekend he spent with Randy and Trace.

After about a half hour more, it was time for Tara to get back to work. She had to get her scenes done today if she wanted to have dinner with Justin. She finished off her water before standing up along with Justin. She leaned in and kissed his lips lightly once more.

“I’ll call you when I know what time we’re done,” she said.

He nodded. “Have a good rest of the day.”

She smiled. “You too.”

She made her way towards where the trailers were so she could freshen up for her next scene. Justin watched her walk away, smiling to himself.

-*-

The rest of Tara’s day went smoothly, she was able to get what she needed to done and Jackson let her go for the night. She texted Justin on the way back to the bungalow with Hannah and told him she would be available for dinner. He texted her back and told her to be ready by six and he would pick her up.

She took a shower and got ready for her next date with Justin. Tara was excited to actually spend some alone time with him. Since they had started seeing each other, Randy was usually by his side, not that Tara minded him there but it was nice to be with Justin without any interruptions.

Justin had told her they were going to a nice place so to dress in something that wasn’t jeans. She put in a black knee-length skirt, and a red form-fitting shirt. She curled her hair and left it down, and slipped on some black flats to complete the outfit. She was putting on her make up when there was a knock on her bedroom door.

“Come in,” Tara replied as she looked up from her spot on the bed.

The door opened and Hannah poked her head inside, spotting her on the bed and walked the rest of the way in.

“Going out again?” she asked.

Tara nodded. “Justin’s taking me to some Italian place outside of town,” she replied.

“Randy going too?” Hannah asked.

Tara shook her head. “No, he’s at his mom’s for a few days,” she said.

Hannah nodded and before she could say anything else, Tara spoke up again.

“I’ll be careful,” Tara replied.

Hannah pushed her lips into a straight line and stayed quiet.

“Trace coming over?” Tara asked after a few minutes of silence.

“Not if I can help it,” Hannah mumbled rolling her eyes.

Tara laughed. “He really likes you,” she said. “You should give him a chance.”

“I’m good,” Hannah replied. “Call me if you need anything please?”

Tara nodded. Hannah left the room and Tara finished getting ready. A few minutes later she heard Justin’s truck rumbling up the road and smiled before grabbing her jacket, and purse and walking out of her room. Hannah was typing away on her lap top again when Tara walked out and she laughed.

“Hannah, you’re off the clock,” Tara replied. “Take a break, will you?”

Hannah looked up from the computer and smiled at her before going back to typing.

“Markus has some things he wants me to go over with you,” Hannah said. “We can do it tomorrow though.”

Tara nodded. She looked out the front window and saw Justin’s truck stop in front of her bungalow and he got out, making his way towards the front door. He was dressed in nice black slacks, and a dark blue long sleeved dress shirt. She smiled and walked to the door opening it before he had a chance to knock. He saw her face come into view from behind the door and smiled.

“Hi,” he said smiling shyly. “You look great,”

Tara smiled. “Thanks,” she replied. “You look nice yourself.”

He smiled. Tara stuck on her sweater, as Justin walked behind her quickly to help her. She smiled at him before turning back to Hannah who was pretending to ignore them.

“I’ll see you later Hannah,” Tara called.

Hannah looked up at them and smiled. “Have a good night,” she said.

She went back to typing as Justin held his arm out for Tara to make her way out of the bungalow first. She walked out and made her way down the steps of the bungalow with Justin following behind her. He rushed to the passenger door and opened it for her, she smiled and got inside. He closed the door with a smile before rushing toward the driver’s side and got in quickly.

-*-

They chatted easily on the way to the restaurant, never a silent awkward moment between them. They reached the small Italian place, and Justin held the door open for her as she got out and smiled. She wrapped her arm around his waist, and he had his around her shoulder as they made their way towards the small restaurant.

They got a small booth in the back of the restaurant; the waitress took their drink order and then left them alone.

Tara took a look around the small restaurant then looked back at Justin who was rubbing the back of his neck, and noticed that he was bouncing his leg quickly. She smiled and reached across the table, reaching for his other hand that was sitting on the table.

“Justin,” she said quietly, waiting for him to look at her.

He looked up at her, his leg stopped moving and he sat up straight.

“Are you all right?” she asked.

He sighed; letting out a breath he had been holding and closed his eyes, running his hand over his forehead wiping off the sweat that was starting to glisten there.

“I’m sorry,” he explained. “I haven’t been on a date since…”

Tara squeezed his hand reassuringly. “You’re fine,” she said. “It’s been a while since I’ve been on a decent date too.”

“This probably isn’t what you’re used to either,” Justin sighed and bit his bottom lip.

“It’s great,” Tara replied. “You can’t go wrong with Italian food.”

Justin relaxed a little when Tara gave his hand a final squeeze before picking up her menu and started to look through the different items. The waitress came back with their drinks and took their dinner order before leaving them alone once again.

Tara got Justin to relax a little bit more and they continued their chatter all the way through dinner. They were laughing and talking about the night they had met in the bar in town, how Hannah had one too many Long Island Iced Teas and Renee was having the time of her life with Andrew.

During their conversation, Justin’s cell phone started to vibrate, and even though there was no music, Tara could hear the vibrations.

Justin pulled it out of his pocket and looked at the caller ID. “It’s Randy,” he said.

Tara nodded. “Answer it,” she replied quickly.

Justin smiled at her, “I’ll be real quick,” he said.

Tara nodded and she took a drink of her wine that was almost done. Justin flipped his phone open,

“Hey buddy, shouldn’t you be asleep?” he asked quietly into the phone.

Tara smiled as she listened to his side of the conversation as she finished her drink.

“Love you too buddy, go to sleep okay?” he asked. “I’ll see you tomorrow.”

Justin then laughed. “No, you can talk to her later this week when she comes over for dinner,” he explained.

Tara smiled at him and held her hand out for the phone. He sighed and handed it to her, “I’m sorry,” he whispered.

“Its fine,” she whispered then pressed the phone to her ear.

“Hey buddy,” she said with a smile.

“Tara!” Randy’s voice rang out over the line.

Tara giggled. “How are you kiddo, I haven’t seen you in forever!” she said.

“I know!” Randy replied. “Are you coming to dinner this week?”

Tara smiled. “Sure I’ll come, but you gotta be good and do everything your Dad says okay?” she asked.

“Okay, I have to go now,” Randy said.

Tara laughed. “Okay, good night Randy,” she said.

“Night!” he called before the phone hung up.

Tara smiled as she hung up his phone and handed it back to Justin.

“Sorry,” Justin said taking it back and putting it back into his pocket.

“Its fine,” she said with a smile. “How’s he been lately?”

“Good actually,” he replied. “No problems lately.”

Tara nodded. “That’s good,” she said. “Are you still thinking about taking him to see someone?”

“I don’t know,” he answered. “I’m going to have to talk to Susan about that.”

“It might help,” she encouraged.

She noticed he didn’t want to talk about it anymore, so she quickly changed the subject and asked Justin more questions about his parents. She learned that his parents got divorced when he was young as well, and that Paul wasn’t his real father but his step father. His real father had remarried and had two sons with his new wife; they lived in the next town over.

They finished off their dinner and Justin insisted on paying, Tara agreed only if she could buy the next one. The drive on the way back to Tara’s was quiet; Tara watched the landscape pass by as she held Justin’s hand in her lap, running her fingers across his lightly.

They reached her bungalow some minutes later, and Justin stopped the truck at the front of her bungalow.

“I had a really good time,” Tara said as she turned and watched him.

Justin looked at her, “I hope everything was okay,” he said.

She nodded. “Of course, it was great,” she said. “I had a great time.”

Justin smiled. “I’m glad,” he said.

Tara noticed Andrew’s truck was parked outside of Renee’s bungalow and she gave a small giggle. Justin looked at her, then at where she was staring and saw Andrew’s truck.

“Someone’s getting close,” he commented then turned back to Tara.

Tara looked at him and smiled. “They’ve been hanging out pretty much every night since they met,” she said.

He chuckled. “That’s Andy,” he replied.

“Is Andrew really just a friend from high school?” Tara asked, she had noticed Randy’s strong bond with him, stronger then his bond with Trace.

Justin licked his lips before turning toward her, “He’s Susan’s brother,” he said.

“He must really hate me then,” Tara mumbled as she turned and looked at his truck once again.

Justin shook his head. “Susan and I tried as much as we could to save what we had,” he explained. “Andy knows that, he just wants us all to be happy.”

He noticed Tara still wasn’t looking at him and he leaned over, hooking his finger under her chin making her look at him.

“Tara,” he said quietly.

She looked up at him, but remained quiet. It wasn’t like her to be self-conscious, but something about Justin was different.

“You don’t have anything to worry about,” Justin replied. “This place is about respect and everyone respects everyone around here.”

Tara smiled at him. He laughed before he leaned in to kiss her lips lightly, his hand reaching up to hold her cheek so that the kiss lasted a little longer. Tara broke the kiss; her eyes opening and she smiled at him before wrapping her arms around him tightly and hugged him.

“I had a great time,” she whispered.

Justin smiled. “Me too,” he said.

“I should probably go though,” she replied. “I have another early morning tomorrow.”

Justin nodded in understanding. “I’ll see you sometime tomorrow,” he replied.

Tara smiled before leaning in to kiss his lips once more. She felt his hand leave her face and travel down her arm and moving to her waist. He held her waist lightly as he gently pulled her closer to him. Her hands rested on his shoulders as she leaned closer to him.

They broke the kiss when they heard a car door slam shut and they both looked toward Andrew’s truck as he started it up and took off. They both turned to each other and Justin chuckled as he leaned forward to kiss Tara’s forehead.

Tara sighed closing her eyes and then opened them again. “I should go,” she said again.

Justin nodded. Tara smiled as she wrapped her arms around him tightly as he did the same to her. She broke the hug and grabbed her purse before opening the door. Justin got out and walked around the side to hold the door open. Tara smiled and stepped out, Justin walked up with her to the front door where she turned and hugged him once more. She just couldn’t get enough of him.

“Get some sleep,” Justin whispered. “You’ve got a long day.”

Tara smiled. “I’ll see you tomorrow?” she asked.

He nodded. She leaned up and kissed him once more before breaking the hug and walking towards the door. She opened it and turned to him smiling at him once more.

“Good night Justin,” She said.

“Night,” he replied.

She closed the door, and Justin turned making his way back to his car. Tara snuck a peek at him through the curtained window and watched him hop into his truck and take off.

“You’re back early,”

Tara jumped and gasped turning around quickly to see Hannah watching her from the doorway of her bedroom. She was dressed in sweats and a sweatshirt, her hair up in a ponytail and her reading glasses on her head.

“Geez Hannah,” Tara replied relaxing a little.

“Sorry,” she replied.

“I have an early day tomorrow,” Tara said as she locked the front door and then made her way toward her bedroom. “Night.”

“Good night,” Hannah replied.

Tara walked into her bedroom and kicked off her flats; she took off her clothes and put on some comfy pajamas before climbing into bed. Her phone vibrated when she was putting it on the charger and she looked at it, already knowing who it could be.

“I had a great time tonight. I’ll see you tomorrow. Don’t get any lunch :)”

Tara smiled and wrote him back good-night before getting under her covers and getting comfortable. She closed her eyes, the night replaying in her mind as she slept.
End Notes:
Kyle Chandler & Connie Britton: http://www.zap2it.com/media/photo/2007-06/30304611.jpg?title=Connie+Britton+and+Kyle+Chandler+of+'Friday+Night+Lights'

Comments? Questions? E-mail me at Spacey1141@hotmail.com
Chapter 15 by Sassy Spacey
Author's Notes:
So, I'm coming into my last week and a half of the semester. It feels SO good to be almost done! Anyway, I had a chance to get some writing done in between homework so I thought I should post a chapter to tie you guys over until my summer vacation. :) It's a long one, the longest I have ever written I think, 17 pages. Please continue to let me know what you think; I enjoy hearing from you all. As you have noticed as well I am nominated at the NF.net awards :) I'll let you know when voting begins. Thanks for reading and reviewing!
Chapter 15:

Weeks went by in a blur for everyone, before they knew it they had been filming in Tennessee for almost a month.

Tara and Justin had been growing closer and closer by the day, along with Renee and Andrew. As much as Hannah wanted to fight it, she and Trace were hanging out quite a bit as well.

Tara had been invited to a few dinners with Lynn and Paul, and also had the chance to meet Susan in passing. She didn’t really sit and talk to her but she happened to be at Justin’s when she came to pick Randy up one weekend. That particular weekend, the group had some time off so Justin decided it would be a good weekend to have a barbeque.

Thanks to Randy’s begging everyday for the past month, Justin had put in an above ground pool. It wasn’t too wide or deep but it was enough for Randy to have a good time in and for the adults to relax in.

Justin was standing in the kitchen cutting up some vegetables for the salad. He was dressed in long black swim trunks, a white tank top, and a pair of black flip flops on his feet.

He was humming a tune when he felt arms wrap around his stomach from behind and he jumped a little, and heard a giggle. He shook his head with a chuckle after realizing exactly who it was.

“Did I scare you?” Tara asked, leaning her forehead against his back.

“A little,” he commented before finishing chopping his vegetables. “You almost made me cut my finger off.”

Tara giggled. “Sorry,” she left a kiss on his back before she headed toward the fridge and grabbed herself a bottle of water.

She was dressed in jeans shorts with a white tank top and a black bikini underneath. She took a drink from the bottle before putting it down on the counter.

“Do you need any help?” she asked.

He shook his head. “I think I’m about done in here,” he replied. “Can you grab some extra towels from the closet though?” he asked.

She nodded and made her way back down the hallway toward the closet. She opened it and grabbed a few towels and closed the closet once again. As she was making her way back down the hallway the doorbell rang.

“Tar! Can you get that?” Justin called from the kitchen.

Tara smiled at the nickname he had taken to calling her for the past couple of weeks. She made her way toward the front door and opened it.

Trace and Hannah were standing there. Trace was dressed in a pair of long swim trunks and a plain white t-shirt while holding a meat platter with enough meet to feed a small army.

“Hey guys!” Tara said with a smile.

Trace walked in, kissing Tara’s cheek before heading toward the kitchen. Tara turned back to Hannah who was dressed in a baggy shirt and a pair of cloth capris. She had her laptop bag hanging on her arm.

“You’re not really going to be working are you?” Tara asked as she moved out of the way so Hannah could make her way into the house.

Hannah shrugged as she walked into the house. Tara closed the door and made her way toward the kitchen. Trace and Justin were standing at the counter looking at the meat lying on the platter.

“You marinated too much,” Justin said poking at the meat with a fork.

“I did not,” Trace said. “You’ll see it will be perfect.”

The boys continued their argument as they made their way outside and into the backyard. Tara watched them before giggling to herself and turning to Hannah.

“Did you want a drink or something?” Tara asked.

Hannah shook her head no, “I’m fine thanks,” she replied.

“We should head out back then,” Tara said and nodded her head toward the back door.

“Are you gonna swim?” she asked.

Hannah shrugged. They made their way toward the backdoor and opened the sliding glass door. Trace and Justin were standing by the barbeque getting it ready. Tara went and set the towels down on a near by chair before grabbing one of them and made herself a spot on one of the lounge chairs.

Hannah made herself a spot in the shade and started to pull out her laptop when Trace called out.

“Oh no you don’t,” he joked. “You take that out and I’m going to toss you into the pool.”

Hannah looked up at him and gave him a dirty look before sticking out her tongue at him.

“I mean it Hannah,” Trace warned.

She rolled her eyes and sat back in the chair crossing her arms in front of her. Tara giggled as she glanced at them before lying back in her chair.

About 20 minutes later, Andrew and Renee showed up with the drinks. Andrew went right to the grill with Justin and Trace while Renee pulled a lounge chair up next to Tara and they started talking.

“What is Hannah doing?” Renee asked as she slipped her sunglasses over her eyes.

Tara shrugged. “She’s being Hannah,” she replied.

“Is that her laptop bag?” Renee asked.

Tara nodded. “She tried to take it out and Trace wouldn’t let her,” she giggled. “You should have seen her face.”

Renee giggled. They were quiet for a while just soaking in the sun while the guys finished cooking the meat.

“So, how are things?” Renee asks with a sly smile.

Tara couldn’t help but smile. Things with Justin had been great, they were taking things slow and it was unlike any relationship she had ever been in. It was nice. She appreciated him for who he was and everything he did for his family.

When Tara didn’t respond, Renee turned and looked at her and noticed her bright smile, she giggled and shook her head.

“That good huh?” Renee asked.

“Things are good,” Tara agreed. “How about you guys?”

Renee’s smile brightened and that was all the answer Tara needed. They started talking like the high school girls they were portraying in the movie they were filming. They continued their conversation until that heard,

“Are you guy’s ready to eat?” Trace called to them from the barbeque.

Tara and Renee both got up and made their way to the picnic table that was in the shade. Everyone got a plate and served up their food and drink and sat around the small table and began to eat and talk.

-*-

An hour or so later everyone had finished eating and were just sitting around talking and finishing their drinks. The boys wanted to plan a day at the lake with speedboats and jet skis, as well as a day in Millington for another day at the fair. The conversation turned to the movie talk.

“So, how are things with the movie coming?” Trace asked as he took a drink of his beer.

“Things are good,” Tara replied. “We’ve got a lot of the filming done at the school already.”

“Where else are you gonna film?” Trace asked.

“I think we’re gonna film a few scenes at the Diner,” Tara responded.

“Oh! The lake scene too,” Renee jumped in.

“Lake scene?” Andrew replied. “Does that mean bikini’s?”

The group laughed.

“You’re a perv,” Renee replied hitting his arm.

He laughed. “Yeah, but you love it.”

Renee stuck her tongue out at him.

“I give my permission to film at the Auto Repair place,” Trace jumped in causing the group the laugh. “I’m serious!”

“Trace, these characters are in high school,” Tara explained. “Their parent’s take care of all that stuff for them.”

“So then have the parent’s scenes filmed there,” Trace replied.

The group laughed again.

“Give it up Trace,” Justin said finishing off his beer before standing up. “I’m getting another, anyone want?”

Andrew and Trace both nodded, and Tara stood up.

“I’ll go with you,” she said with a smile as she took the empty bottles from the table and followed Justin into the house.

They made their way into the kitchen, and Tara dumped the empty bottles into the recycling bin as Justin went to the fridge to get out new beers.

“Are you having fun?” Justin asked her as he began to pull the tops off of the beer bottles with his opener.

Tara looked at him and smiled before she nodded. She walked over to him and leaned into his side, Justin wrapped his arm around her waist pulling her closer as he kissed the top of her head.

“It’s too bad Randy couldn’t be here,” she said.

“I know,” Justin answered. “Believe me; I tried everything Susan wouldn’t budge.”

“Is it because of me?” She asked.

He turned her so that she was standing in front of him leaning back against the counter. His hands moved to her cheeks, as he held her face lightly before leaning down and kissing her lips softly.

Tara groaned as she leaned against him, moving her arms to wrap around his neck pulling him closer. Justin broke the kiss a minute later and looked down at her before kissing her forehead lightly.

“It’s not you,” he mumbled lightly. “Susan is very by the book, she likes a schedule.”

“Are you sure?” she asked.

Justin chuckled before leaning into kiss her forehead lightly once again.

“Yes, I promise,” he replied.

Tara sighed and pouted lightly.

Justin laughed. “C’mon, we should head back out there.” He said.

Tara nodded. She reached for one of the bottles as Justin grabbed the other two and they headed back outside. The group was laughing about something as they put the three bottles on the table.

“Who wants to swim?” Tara said with a smile as she handed Trace his bottle.

“Oh me!” Renee said moving her chair to get out of the seat.

They took off their jean shorts and tank tops before climbing into the pool. Justin and Andrew looked at each other before taking off their tank tops and heading toward the pool as well.

There was a lot of chasing, tickling, and laughing going on that Hannah tried her hardest not to gag in response. Trace had been watching the group before he turned to Hannah.

“Don’t want to go in?” He asked her taking a drink of his beer.

She shook her head, “I’m fine,” she replied. “You can go in if you want to though.”

He shook his head in response. “I’m fine,” he replied.

Tara was sitting on Justin’s shoulders as Renee was on Andrews and they attempted to play chicken fight. After playing a few games of chicken, the group floated around the pool to cool off.

Tara had her arms around Justin’s neck, and wrapped her leg around his waist from behind. Justin was holding her legs around his waist rubbing them softly as they floated around the pool.

Renee had her arms around Andrew’s neck, but they were facing each other.

“Hannah!” Renee called. “Come in!”

Hannah looked up from the book she had snuck out of her bag when Trace had left to take a business call.

“I’m fine,” Hannah called back.

“C’mon,” Renee said. “Aren’t you hot?”

Hannah shrugged.

“Just a dip, it’ll cool you off,” Renee continued.

Hannah sighed; she knew Renee wouldn’t give up until she got in. She closed her book and stood up and pulled off her clothes that were over her one-piece bathing suit.

“Woohoo!” Renee cheered.

Hannah made her way toward the pool and climbed in slowly, before ducking under the water to get her hair wet.

“See, isn’t that better?” Renee asked once she came back from under the water.

Trace came back from talking on the phone and saw Hannah swimming around in the pool. He took off his tank top and jumped into the water causing it to go everywhere.

The group talked more about what was going on around town. There was going to be a big 4th of July celebration down by the lake that week with tons of games and good food. The group made plans to go together. Lynn and Paul were planning another movie night soon and the whole group was invited this time. They started to make plans for the upcoming weekends when the girls weren’t filming when Hannah spoke up.

“Tara, don’t you have that press thing in New York next weekend?” Hannah questioned.

Justin turned to look at Tara who was resting her chin on his shoulder, still hugging him from behind. He had a questioning expression on his face, and Tara started to un-wrap her arms from around him as he moved away from her.

“Oh,” Tara said caught off guard. “I guess I do.”

“Aww, you’re gonna leave us?” Andrew pouted.

“Just for a little bit,” Tara explained quickly. “It’s just some press stuff I have to do for the film.”

“For how long?” Andrew asked.

“A weekend,” Tara replied quickly, taking a look at Justin who was now on the other side of the pool.

She then looked at Hannah who had realized what she said and gave Tara an apologetic look. Justin began to climb out of the pool.

“Jus, where you goin?” Trace asked.

“I’m just gonna clean up,” he replied taking a towel from one of the chairs and started to dry himself off.

“I’ll help,” Tara replied quickly making her way to the steps to get out.

Justin didn’t say anything as he wiped off the remaining water off his chest and made his way toward the picnic table and started piling up plates. Tara dried off quickly, wrapping the towel around her waist before rushing to follow him into the house.

Hannah turned to the group in the pool, “I said something I shouldn’t have didn’t I?” she asked.

“Just leave them alone for a while,” Trace cautioned wrapping an arm around Hannah’s shoulders bringing her close to him.

-*-

Tara followed Justin into the kitchen, and watched as he dumped the plates into the sink loudly. He sighed as he rested his hands on the counter, and took a deep breath.

“How long have you known about this?” he asked.

Tara licked her lips before answering quietly, “A couple of weeks,” she replied.

“So you were just gonna pick up and leave without telling me?” He questioned looking up at her.

“No!” Tara replied quickly, “of course not.”

“Then why am I finding this out now?” Justin questioned. “When you knew a couple of weeks ago?”

“I-“ Tara started. “I didn’t know how to tell you.”

Justin shook his head and began to fill up the sink with hot, soapy water. Tara remained quiet as she watched him, and began to gnaw on her bottom lip.

“Is this how it’s gonna end too?” Justin asked. “You’re just going to pick up and leave?”

“No!” Tara cried. “Justin, please, don’t freak out about this.”

Justin scoffed before shutting off the water and starting the dishes, scrubbing the plates.

“I watch you all day flirting with that co-star of yours then you come to my place to play house with my son and now you’re just gonna leave without saying anything!” he argued.

That caught Tara off guard. He never spoke to her that way, he was angry, and she didn’t know what to do to change it. She could feel the tears starting to develop in her eyes but she blinked them away quickly. But she couldn’t stop the sniffle from escaping. Justin froze when he heard it, but then went back to washing dishes.

“I didn’t realize I was causing you so much pain,” Tara replied as she wiped her eyes quickly.

He remained quiet as he added more dirty dishes into the sink.

“Just so you know, I would never leave without saying anything,” she started. “I care about you and Randy too much to do that.”

He just continued scrubbing rest of the dishes.

“Whether you believe me or not is your own issue,” she finished.

She watched him as he finished the dishes and rinsed them before putting them on a rack to dry. She made her way over to him slowly and when she reached his side she put a hand on his shoulder, and he looked at her. He noticed how red her eyes were from trying to keep the tears at bay and that broke his heart even more then the situation. He turned and reached up to hold her face in his hands.

“I’m sorry,” he whispered.

That caused the tears to escape from Tara’s eyes and she tried to move her face away from his hands so that he wouldn’t see them but he held her face firmly and wiped the tears away with his thumbs

“You’re important to me too,” he said softly.

She reached up taking his hands into hers and pulling them away from her face as she looked him in the eye.

“That was really hurtful,” she commented.

“I’m sorry,” he apologized again. “I was caught off guard.”

“So, every time you’re caught off guard you’re gonna say hurtful things to me?” she asked crossing her arms over her chest.

He sighed and ran a hand through his semi-wet curly hair. He turned and looked out the window of the small kitchen.

“You know I didn’t mean what I said,” he replied.

“Then why did you say it?” she asked.

“I told you, I was caught off guard,” he explained. “I know it’s not an excuse and I’m sorry I said those things to you, but you have to understand where I’m coming from.”

Tara watched him as he turned and looked at her, his eyes sad and pleading with her.

“I’m dating this gorgeous popular movie star, who can have anyone in the world,” he explained. “But she picked me, a single dad and basketball coach from Tennessee.”

“You’re more then just a single dad and a basketball coach Justin,” Tara replied watching him closely.

He made his way toward her and stood in front of her, “I got scared I guess,” he mumbled as he looked down at his bare feet. “You’re going to leave, and not come back.”

Tara sighed before she un-crossed her arms and wrapped them around him tightly, burying her face in his chest. He sighed as he wrapped his arms around her, pulling her tight against his chest. He leaned down and kissed the top of her head lightly.

“Tar, I…” he whispered. “I love you.”

Tara looked up at him quickly, as he looked down at her. Before she could reply, he leaned down and kissed her lips, his hand holding onto her cheek as he deepened the kiss. Tara groaned into the kiss, kissing him back as she leaned against him causing him to lean back against the kitchen counter. When he hit the counter, he broke the kiss and looked at her.

When she didn’t say anything he opened his mouth to say something, to explain what he said, when she shook her head and put her finger to his lips to keep them closed. He watched her, his eyes big in question.

She reached up, wrapping her other hand around his neck and pulling his lips to her once again in a deep kiss. She didn’t have to say the words for Justin to know that Tara felt the same way about him.

-*-

After Tara and Justin made up from their little fight, they made their back outside where Andrew and Trace were playing one on one while Renee was sitting out in a lounge chair tanning and Hannah was back reading a book at the picnic table. Tara went to sit with Renee while Justin joined the boys on the basketball court. No one brought up what had just happened for the rest of the night.

After a few hours, the three couples said their good-byes and went on their way. Tara was going to spend the night with Justin, so Trace volunteered to take Hannah home. After a few hugs and kisses on the cheek Andrew and Renee left as well as Hannah and Trace.

Tara went to take a shower to get all the chlorine off, while Justin finished up cleaning the kitchen. She came out in a pair of cloth shorts and a tank top, her hair was down and semi-wet from air drying. She walked into the kitchen once again and Justin was rinsing off the last dish.

She smiled as she walked behind him and wrapped her arms around his back like she did in the beginning of the day. He didn’t jump this time when he felt her arms wrap around his waist.

“Feel better?” he asked.

She smiled. “Much,” she replied. “You should go take a shower, I’ll finish up.”

“Are you sure?” He asked.

She moved herself next to him and bumped his hip with hers so she could move him over. He laughed as he handed her the dish towel before kissing her head.

“I’ll be quick,” he replied and made his way down the hall to take a quick shower.

Tara finished up the dishes and got them dried and put away. She then made her way into the living room and sat down on his couch and turned on the TV waiting for Justin to finish his shower.

He came out 20 minutes later in long pajama pants and a plain white T-shirt. He jumped over the back of the couch and landed half way on top of her on the other side. Tara shrieked in surprise when she felt Justin’s weight land on top of her. He laughed as he laid on his side next to her, holding her close to him, her back against his chest as they faced the TV.

“Whatcha watchin’?” he asked, as he leaned into to rest his chin against shoulder holding her close.

“I don’t know, just flipping through,” she replied as she snuggled back into him.

He moved in and started to leave small kisses on the side of her neck, causing her to shiver in his arms.

“What’s the plan for tomorrow?” she asked.

“Hmm,” he mumbled as he kissed her neck softly. “Do you have the whole day?”

Tara smiled. “As far as I know,” she replied. “Why is there something you have in mind?”

His hand started to roam up and down her side, slipping inside the side of her tank top and feeling her soft skin.

Tara giggled before reaching up to move his hand away. “You’re tickling me,” she said.

He chuckled as he held onto her tightly. “Okay, sorry,” he said.

They were silent for a while as they continued to watch whatever was on TV.

“So, if I invited you to New York would you come?” she asked.

Justin lifted his head and looked down at her. Tara felt him shift and she turned and looked up at him as he looked down at her.

“What?” he questioned his eyes big.

She giggled at his expression. “You should come with me to New York next weekend,” she said.

“Are you serious?” he asked.

Tara smiled. “Yeah, why not?” She replied. “It’ll be fun; you can see my apartment and meet my sister.”

“Is it okay that I go?” He asked.

“Of course,” She said smiling brightly at him. He was considering it.

“Are you sure?” He asked.

She giggled. “Yes, of course,” she replied. “It’s only for a weekend.”

He didn’t say anything as he continued to look at her. She laughed as she moved to face him, leaning her chest against him as she wrapped her arms around him.

“So?” she questioned, as she leaned in to kiss his lips lightly. “What do you think?”

“I mean you’ll have to go to a few boring appearances, but at least we’ll be together,” she encouraged.

“Is it next weekend?” he asked.

She nodded. “If you have Randy I understand,” she said quickly.

He shook his head. “Susan owes me a weekend,” he explained.

She smiled and snuggled in closer to him. “So is that a yes?” she questioned.

He smiled as he leaned down and kissed her lips once again, his hand reaching to move the piece of hair from her face. She groaned as she leaned closer to him and kissed him back, knowing exactly what he meant. He broke the kiss and kissed her forehead lightly.

“I would love to come,” he whispered.

She giggled and leaned forward to kiss him once again, causing him to lie on his back as she lay on top of him. They were kissing on the couch for a while when Justin’s house phone rang loudly through the silence.

They broke the kiss quickly, and Justin sighed as he hid his face in her neck. Tara laughed as she moved herself off of him.

“You should answer it,” she replied.

He sat up and jumped over the back of the couch rushing into the kitchen to grab the phone as it continued to ring. Tara smiled as she leaned back on the couch and listened to one side of the conversation.

“Hello,” he answered.

“What? What’s wrong?” he continued.

With that Tara lifted her head from the couch and looked at Justin who was pacing the kitchen phone to his ear.

“Is he all right?” he questioned, his expression full of worry. “Sus, I can’t just-“

He had been cut off.

“Okay, Okay, I’ll be right over,” he finished hanging up the phone.

“What’s wrong?” Tara asked as she got off the couch and started to make his way toward him.

“Randy had a nightmare,” he explained. “But he won’t go back to sleep, Susan said he just keeps crying and calling for me.”

“I need to go over there,” he said looking at her apologetically.

Tara nodded. “Of course, do you want me to wait here for you?” she asked. “Or should I just head back.”

He ran a hand through his hair before looking at her again. “Will you come with me?” he asked.

She watched him closely. “Are you sure?” she asked.

He nodded quickly.

“C’mon, let’s get changed” she grabbed his hand and walked with him to his bedroom to change.

Tara changed into some sweat pants and a hooded sweatshirt, slipping on some tennis shoes while Justin threw on a sweatshirt and grabbed his car keys and wallet. They were out the door a few minutes later and heading toward Susan’s.

-*-

Justin pulled up to a small two-story house sometime later and shut the truck off. The lights were shinning through the windows of the upstairs Tara looked at the house and then at Justin, reaching for his hand and holding onto it tightly.

“Do you want me to stay in the truck?” she asked quietly.

He looked at the house then turned to her.

“No,” he replied. “Come in with me?”

Tara nodded. They got out of the car and headed to the front door holding hands. Once they reached the door Justin knocked softly and they waited. Soft footsteps could be heard on the other side of the door before the porch light turned on and the door opened slowly.

Susan poked her head out, and saw Justin and she opened the door and froze when she spotted Tara standing next to him.

Before Susan could say anything Justin spoke up.

“Where is he?” he asked, as he pushed his way into the house grabbing a hold of Tara’s hand and bringing her inside the house.

“He’s in his room,” Susan replied as she tightened her robe around herself.

Tara let go of his hand, “Go ahead,” she said.

He looked at her then at Susan before heading up the stairs, two at a time heading to Randy’s room. Both Tara and Susan watched him walk up the stairs before turning to look at each other.

“Would you like something to drink?” Susan asked breaking Tara out of her daze. “I have some coffee brewing,”

Tara turned to her, “Um, sure,” she replied. “I’ll take a cup.”

Susan nodded. “The living room is right through there,” she said.

Tara nodded and walked into the living room. Susan had her own set of pictures propped up on the mantel above the fireplace and Tara looked at them as she waited for her coffee. Susan came back a few minutes later with a tray, a small coffee pot on it with two cups, milk and sugar.

“I didn’t know how you liked it,” Susan said as she set the tray down on the coffee table.

Tara turned from the pictures and came over to sit down on the couch; they set up their cups of coffee before sitting back and began drinking.

“So, have you always wanted to be a lawyer?” Tara asked taking a sip of her coffee.

Susan looked at her in surprise. “Um, yes pretty much,” she replied.

Tara nodded.

“Randy says you’re playing a cheerleader?” Susan asked watching her closely.

Tara smiled. “For the movie we’re filming here I am,” she replied.

Susan nodded. “He thinks it’s the best thing ever,” she said.

Tara giggled. “It’s not an easy business,” she explained. “You have to know the right people.”

“Is your family involved in the industry?” Susan asked.

“My mom was a model,” Tara explained. “My sister works on a few TV shows.”

“I see,” Susan said.

They chitchatted for a few minutes, talking about small things. Justin came down the stairs about a half hour later, both Tara and Susan stood up.

“He’s fine,” he said quickly. “He wants to say good-night to Tara.”

Tara looked at Susan then at him. He nodded. “Up the stairs, second door on your left.” He said.

Tara walked past them and made her way up the stairs. She found the right door and knocked softly before sticking her head into the room.

Randy was lying on his back holding onto a stuffed bear tightly, his thumb was tucked into his mouth. Tara could see the tear stains on his cheeks from the nightlight plugged into the wall.

“Hey buddy,” she said softly.

He looked at her and waved at her. She smiled and walked into the bedroom and went to sit down on the edge of his bed, facing him.

“Aren’t you tired?” Tara asked yawning herself. “I’m exhausted.”

Randy shrugged, not saying anything.

Tara smiled. “We’re gonna go to the 4th of July party on Wednesday right?” she asked.

He nodded. “By the lake?” He asked.

She smiled. “Of course,”

He sighed and turned over facing Tara, snuggling the blankets around himself tighter. Tara leaned forward and wrapped the blankets around him tightly, tucking them under his body so he was in a cocoon. He watched her and smiled as he hugged his teddy bear tightly.

“You should try and get some sleep ok?”

Randy nodded. Tara smiled and leaned forward to kiss his forehead.

“Will you stay until I fall asleep?” he asked.

Tara nodded. Randy closed his eyes once again, and she watched him for a while as she heard his breathing getting deeper. He finally fell asleep and Tara left quietly walking down the stairs. Justin and Susan were talking quietly in the living room when Tara appeared.

“He’s asleep,” she said.

Justin stood up quickly as well as Susan. “We should head back, it’s late.” Justin said.

Susan nodded. They made their way to the front door and Susan opened it allowing Tara and Justin to leave.

“We’ll talk later,” Susan said to him. “Thank you for coming.”

Justin nodded.

“Thank you for the coffee Susan,” Tara said.

Susan smiled. “You’re welcome,” she said. “Sorry I ruined your night.”

“It’s okay,” Tara replied. “Randy is more important.”

Justin and Tara got into his truck and headed home. The drive there was quiet, much like the drive to Susan’s. Once they reached his house they got out and walked into the house.

They made their way into the bedroom; Tara changed back into her pajamas while Justin took off his sweat shirt and climbed into the bed. Tara got under the covers next to him and snuggled close to him as he turned off the light.

“Do you want to talk about it?” Tara asked.

“Not tonight,” he replied. “We’ll talk about it in the morning.”

Tara nodded. She turned and kissed his lips lightly before closing her eyes letting sleep take over her body. He hugged her close, letting his eyes close in exhaustion, and he drifted off to sleep.
End Notes:
Comments? Questions? E-mail me at Spacey1141@hotmail.com
Chapter 16 by Sassy Spacey
Author's Notes:
Summer vacation is here! I hope to finish this story this summer. Let's just see how that works out. Anyway, thank you all for the continued support. Please let me know what you think :) I hope you enjoy this chapter as well.
Chapter 16:

Tara was the first to wake up, mostly because she was used to waking up at the crack of dawn during filming. Her back was pressed against Justin’s chest as he held her waist tightly, his face nuzzled into the back of her neck, in her hair.

She heard his deep breathing and knew he was not ready to be woken up yet. Last night had thrown him for a loop; she could tell by the way he was acting on the drive home last night. She didn’t exactly have any experience in this area, so she didn’t quite know what to do.

As she was lying there she felt Justin take a deep breath and then let her waist go, turning himself over to lie on his back. She turned and looked at him as he licked his lips in his sleep and dozed back into a deep sleep.

She smiled and lifted the covers off herself and climbing out of the bed quickly. She grabbed the sweatshirt he had warn last night to Susan’s and slipped it on before grabbing her cell phone and walking out into the kitchen.

She put on a pot of coffee before walking into the living room and sat down on the couch. She sent Hannah a text, making sure she was awake before she called her. After she received a text back she dialed her number quickly.

“Hello?” Hannah’s sleepy voice could be heard on the other end.

“Did you just wake up?” Tara asked quickly.

“I’ve just been lying in bed,” Hannah replied. “What’s up?”

“I need a favor,”

“Okay,”

“Can you call Markus and ask him if it’s okay that I bring someone with me next weekend?”

“Tara, I’m already going with you,” Hannah replied.

“Of course you are,” Tara replied. “I’m talking about someone else.”

“Someone else?” Hannah asked.

Tara remained quiet, waiting for Hannah to process the information. She then heard her take a deep breath, realization coming to her.

“Oh, Justin,” she said simply. “Are you sure that’s wise?”

Tara rolled her eyes. “Yes Hannah, I already asked him,” she replied. “He said he’d come.”

“Okay,” Hannah replied. “I just hope you know what you’re getting yourself into.”

“I do know,” Tara replied. “So will you ask?”

“I’ll ask him today,” Hannah assured.

“Thank you.”

“You’re welcome.”

There was a moment of silence over the phone when Tara spoke up again.

“How’d the rest of your night go?” Tara asked she could imagine Hannah’s embarrassed face as Trace drove her home.

“Fine,” Hannah replied simply. “What about you guys?”

“We ended up going over to Susan’s,” Tara said.

“How come?” Hannah asked quickly.

“Randy had a nightmare,” Tara said. “He needed Justin, so we went.”

“Is he okay?”

“He’s fine he just needed Justin’s comfort,” Tara replied.

They talked for a few minutes before saying goodbye. By then the coffee was done and Tara had gone into the kitchen in search of a mug. She was looking in the cupboard that was above the counter and as she reached up for one of them she felt two strong arms wrapping around her waist.

“Geez Justin,” she squeaked as she nearly dropped the mug.

She heard him chuckle as he buried his face in the back of her neck, kissing it softly.

“Why didn’t you wake me?” he mumbled holding her close.

She smiled putting the mug safely onto the counter top.

“Cause you looked exhausted,” she replied.

“Did you sleep okay?” he asked, changing the subject.

“Yes I did,” she said.

She turned herself to face him, wrapping her arms around his neck. She noticed his eyes were a little red and she pouted at him. He chuckled at her expression as he leaned in to kiss her lips lightly.

Justin got himself a cup of coffee and they settled down in the living room with their coffee. They talked a little bit about what had happened last night with Randy. It was still a touchy subject with him, but she got a little more information out of him about Randy’s situation. She didn’t want to pry of course, it really wasn’t any of her business but Justin seemed like he needed someone to talk to about it, besides Trace.

They spent the morning lounging around the house not doing anything in particular. Justin got the newspaper and was reading it while Tara decided to make some phone calls to her family.

She hadn’t gotten a chance to talk to them in a while so she spent an hour or so talking to both her mom and her sister.

After hanging up with her sister, she had gotten another phone call. It was Markus.

“Hey Markus,” she answered quickly.

“Tara, honey how are you?” he asked.

She smiled. “I’m fine, how are things with you?”

“Fantastic, listen I just got this call from Hannah about your special guest for the weekend,” he began.

“What about him?” she asked.

“Are you sure that’s wise?” Markus asked.

“Why wouldn’t it be?”

“Your image Tara,” Markus explained. “You’re the next big thing; do you think having some boy on your arm is going to help that?”

“He’s not just some boy Markus,” Tara started.

“Oh no,” he said. “You don’t have feelings for him do you?”

“Markus, you are overreacting,” she replied quickly.

“Am I?” he asked.

“Yes,” she said.

They remained quiet for a minute before Tara thought of something.

“Would you be reacting this way if I was inviting Tyler?” she asked.

He said nothing.

She sighed. “That’s what I thought,” she said. “I want him to come, so please make sure there is a plane ticket for him.”

“Okay,” Markus said sighing.

“Thank you,” she said. “Now I gotta go, I’ve been on the phone for almost two hours.”

“I’ll call Hannah this week with the flight details,” he said.

“Okay, talk to you soon.”

They both hung up. Tara sighed as she closed her phone, and stuck it into her pocket before walking into the house. Justin was in the kitchen talking on the phone when she walked in.

He looked at her when she walked in and smiled before holding up a finger signaling that he needed a minute. She nodded at him and went back to curl up on the couch and wait for him.

After he hung up he rushed back into the living room, and jumped over the couch the same way he had done the night before he landed on top of her.

“Who was that?” she asked.

“My folks, they’re having a Sunday lunch,” he said. “You want to go?”

Tara smiled. “Sure,” she said.

They headed back into his room and changed into some clothes before getting into Justin’s truck and heading to his parents. When they got there, the lunch was in full swing, Paul was out back barbequing, and Justin went to talk to him while Tara made her way inside.

“Tara honey is that you?” Lynn called from the kitchen.

Tara walked through the house and into the kitchen where Lynn was getting things ready for their lunch.

“Hi Lynn,” Tara said walking into the kitchen.

Lynn turned and spotted her smiling. “Hi sweetie, how are you?” she said stopping what she was doing to hug her.

Tara hugged her with a smile. “I’m fine, how are you?” she said.

“Oh you know, same ol same ol,” Lynn said. “How’s filming going?”

Tara smiled. “Very good,” she said. “Things are right on schedule.”

“That’s great,” Lynn said as she went back to getting things ready for the lunch.

“Do you need any help Lynn?” Tara asked.

Lynn shook her head. “No, everything’s just about done,” she said.

Tara watched her as she finished putting the finishing touches on a pasta salad she was making.

“I was surprised when Justin said you guys would be here,” Lynn said. “I thought you’d be filming,”

“I got the weekend off,” Tara replied. “We had a little barbeque at Justin’s yesterday with my assistant and Renee.”

“Did Trace and Andrew go too?” Lynn asked.

“Yup, they were there,” Tara said.

They continued talking for a while about what happened the past couple of weeks when Paul and Justin came back into the house.

“Hey Tara sweetie how are you?” Paul asked as he put the meat platter onto the counter and hugged Tara tightly.

“I’m great Paul how are you?” Tara asked.

“Oh just fine,” he said. “I’m glad you guys could join us.”

“We are too,” Tara replied.

Tara helped Lynn set the table while Justin and Paul brought the food out setting it in the middle. They all sat around the table and ate their lunch talking about their up coming week. Paul and Lynn were having a 4th of July barbeque at their house before everyone headed to the lake for the fireworks. So they had agreed to be at the barbeque and Justin told them about going to New York that weekend.

After they finished eating, Tara volunteered herself and Justin to do the dishes while Lynn and Paul relaxed in the living room. Tara was washing while Justin dried and put things away.

“So they took New York well,” Tara commented as she handed him a plate.

Justin nodded as he rinsed it and began to dry it.

“Better then I thought,” he said. “I mean it wouldn’t have mattered if they didn’t approve though, I’m a big boy now.”

Tara giggled at his comment. “You don’t want them to be mad at you though,” she said.

“It’s not them you have to worry about,” he said.

“I thought you said she’d be fine with it,” Tara said looking at him concerned.

“She should be, especially after last night,” Justin said.

Tara pouted. “I don’t want it to be pay back,” she said.

He shook his head and nudged her hip with his.

“It’ll be fine,” he reassured.

She didn’t say anything as she finished up with the dishes.

“Have you talked to Markus?” Justin asked.

She nodded. “Yeah, I talked to him this morning,” she said. “He said he’d have a plane ticket for you ready.”

“How did he sound?” Justin asked.

Tara smiled. “He was a little concerned, but that’s to be expected.”

“It is?” he asked.

Tara smiled as she leaned into his side, “Don’t worry, he’s gonna love you ok?” she said.

He sighed, as he wrapped his arm around her pulling her close.

“I don’t want to cause any problems by coming with you,” he said.

“You’re not,” she reassured. “I promise.”

He leaned down and kissed her lips lightly. She smiled as she wrapped her arm around his waist holding him closer. He was about to deepen the kiss when Tara’s phone went off in her pocket.

She groaned and broke the kiss taking the phone out of her pocket and looking at the caller ID. It was Jackson.

“I gotta take it, it’s Jackson,” she said looking at him apologetically.

He nodded in understanding as he finished drying the dishes.

Tara flipped her phone open, “Hey Jackson what’s up?” she said.

“Tara, are you on your way?” Jackson replied.

“On my way?” Tara questioned. “Oh shoot, was that today?”

“Yes ma’am it was,” he replied. “We’re at the high school get here as soon as possible.”

Before she could reply he hung up. She sighed as she hung up the phone and turned to Justin who was putting the last of the dishes away.

“What happened?” he asked.

“I have to learn how to ride a horse,” she said pouting.

Justin chuckled as he put the wet dishtowel up, hanging it so it would dry.

“They’re doing a lesson right now at the high school and I forgot I had to go today,” she pouted.

He smiled. “It’s all right, I can take you to the house so you can get your car,” he said.

“Will you come with me?” she asked.

“Am I allowed to go with you?” he asked.

“Of course,” she said smiling.

He chuckled. “Alright, let’s go say bye to my folks,” he said.

He took Tara’s hand and they made their way into the living room where Lynn and Paul were sitting.

“Mom, we gotta go,” Justin said.

“What?” Lynn replied. “How come?”

“Tara has a riding lesson for the movie,” Justin replied.

“I’m so sorry Lynn, it totally slipped my mind,” Tara said.

They got up to give the couple a hug.

“We’ll get together again soon,” Tara said as she hugged Lynn. “Maybe after we come back from New York?”

“Sounds good honey,” Lynn said with a smile. “Be careful out there okay?”

“I will, thank you” Tara said.

Justin led her outside, and she got into his truck. They headed down to the high school.

-*-

They reached the high school and it was busy with people running around. There were camera people working on a scene that didn’t involve the main actors. They traveled through the school in his truck to where there was another group of people gathered around.

There were horse trailers, trainers, and people standing around as Justin parked his car next to a few others and they got out.

“You just want me to wait here?” Justin asked.

“No, come on,” Tara said taking his hand. “It’ll be fine.”

They walked toward the group of people. Renee was talking to one of the stunt guys when she turned and saw Tara and Justin heading toward her. She waved and excused herself before running toward them.

“I forgot to remind you,” she said as she hugged Tara tightly.

“It’s all right,” Tara replied. “Is Jackson upset?”

Renee shook her head. “He’s fine, you’re here now so that’s all that matters,” she said.

“Who’s here?” Tara asked.

“Oh everyone,” Renee said. “Kyle and Connie, Tyler just arrived too.”

“Tara!” someone called her name.

Tara looked at the group of people and rolled her eyes when she saw Jackson waving her over. She turned to Justin and stood on her tip toes to kiss his cheek.

“I’ll be back,” she said.

He nodded and let her hand go. She rushed over to where Jackson was who was talking to some people.

“I’m sorry,” she pouted. “I forgot.”

“Too much time with that boy huh?” Jackson said jokingly.

Tara nudged his arm. “So, what am I doin’?” she asked.

Jackson then turned to the guy who was standing to his right.

“Tara this is Peter,” Jackson said. “He’s gonna teach you the ropes.”

Tara held her hand out to him, “Nice to meet you Peter,” she said.

He shook her hand. “Likewise, are you ready?” he asked.

She nodded. They headed over to where there were a couple of horses tied up and he began to teach her a few things about the horses and riding them.

They spent about 45 minutes going over everything before she was actually put onto a horse. She did a few practice circles, the trainer walking the horse with a rope.

“Okay,” Peter said. “I’m gonna let go now.”

“Okay,” Tara said nervously.

“You’ll be fine Tara,” Peter said. “Don’t freak out because the horse can sense it.”

Peter let go of the horse and it began to journey around the small enclosed area.

“You go girl!” Renee yelled from across the field.

Tara looked over at her and smiled waving quickly before putting her hand back onto the strap of the saddle. Andrew had shown up after taking care of something for his mom and was now standing next to Justin. They were talking a little as they watched Tara learn how to ride a horse.

Tara walked around the property for a while with her horse, getting used to the feeling and began feeling more confident about the whole thing. It was Renee’s turn, so Tara got off the horse with the help of Peter and made her way over to where Justin and Andrew were standing.

“How you feelin’?” Andrew asked watching her make her way toward them.

“A little off,” Tara said as she reached them and stood next to Justin. “I still feel like I’m straddling the horse.”

Justin chuckled as he put his arm around her shoulders bringing her close to him.

“You’ll get used to it,” Andrew said laughing.

The three started talking as they watched Renee learn the ropes of riding a horse. Renee saw them watching her and she smiled and waved before motioning Andrew over. He made his way over to her, standing off to the side to watch her.

As Justin and Tara continued to talk, more of the cast was getting ready for their lesson. Kyle and Connie came over from talking with Jackson and spotted them talking.

“Hey girl, you looked like a natural out there,” Connie said giving Tara a high five.

Tara smiled. “Thanks Connie, it was kind of nerve-wracking,” she replied.

Justin removed his arm from around her before she gave both Kyle and Connie a hug.

“You did great,” Connie said with a smile patting her back.

“Thanks!” Tara said with a smile.

She then noticed both Connie and Kyle look at Justin curiously.

“Oh!” she said quickly, bringing Justin closer to her. “Connie, Kyle this is Justin, Justin this is Connie and Kyle. They play my parents in the movie.”

Connie was the first to stick her hand out and shake his hand.

“Nice to meet you Justin,” she said.

“You too,” Justin replied as he shook her hand.

“Come here a minute,” Kyle replied as motioned Justin toward him.

“Kyle!” Tara whined as she saw them walk away.

He turned to them and winked before walking with Justin away from the two women. Tara watched them before turning to Connie.

“What is he doing?” Tara asked.

Connie smiled. “He’s just watching out for you,” she said. “He did the same thing when Renee brought Andrew around.”

Tara looked at the two men before turning toward Connie again.

“Don’t look so scared,” Connie commented with a giggle. “Justin’s a big boy, I’m sure he can handle it.”

She wrapped her arms around Tara’s shoulder, hugging her.

“So how did you guys meet?” Connie asked.

Tara looked at her and smiled as she began to tell her the story of the night they headed to the bar, and the next night of them being constantly pushed together by Renee.

Connie watched her as she talked about Justin and couldn’t help the smile that appeared on her lips.

“Oh girl you are falling hard aren’t you?” Connie asked.

Tara shrugged but her smile gave her away. Connie giggled and nudged her arm before turning toward Kyle.

“Kyle, we’re next,” Connie said as she watched them. “Leave the boy alone and c’mon.”

“Hey, we’re fine we’re just talkin’,” Kyle defended.

The two men made their way back over to where Connie and Tara were talking. Connie and Kyle said good-bye and took off toward the horses as Tara went and stood next to Justin, reaching for his hand and holding it tightly.

“You know he did the same thing to Andrew when Renee brought him to the set,” Tara said as she looked up at him.

Justin looked down and her and smiled. “He did?” he asked.

She nodded. “He just feels like he needs to protect us,” she explained. “That’s all.”

He chuckled as he looked down at her and leaned down to kiss the top of her head lightly. She smiled leaning into him closer, wrapping her arm around his waist.

They were enjoying each other’s company when all of a sudden they heard someone call Tara’s name from across the field. They both turned and saw Tyler making his way toward him.

“Great,” Justin mumbled, as he held onto Tara tightly.

Tara smirked at him. “Be nice,” she said hugging him close.

She smiled at Tyler who made it over to them.

“What’s goin’ on Tyler?” Tara asked as he came and stood in front of them.

“Have you talked to Markus?” Tyler asked.

“Not since this morning,” Tara said. “Why? What’s up?”

“He thought it would be a good idea if I headed down to New York with you this weekend for the press stuff,” he said with a smile.

Tara felt Justin’s grip on her waist tighten as she looked at Tyler trying to hide the shocked expression from her face.

“Really?” Tara asked.

He nodded. “It should be fun right?” he asked. “I heard you were comin’ too dude,” he said looking at Justin with a smile. “It should be a good time.”

Justin nodded. “Yeah, it should be,” he replied.

Tyler turned to Tara once more. “Well I should get started on this horse riding stuff, I’ll see you around okay?” he asked.

Tara nodded and gave him a small smile. He walked away and Tara turned and looked up at Justin, she was very irritated.

“This is so stupid,” she commented as she reached for her cell phone ready to make an angry phone call.

Justin reached over and took her phone from her. “No, no, no” he said taking her phone and putting it behind him. “You’re gonna say something you don’t mean.”

“Oh believe me, I mean everything I’m about to say,” she said as she reached behind him to grab her phone.

He moved quickly, escaping from her grip as he tried to keep the phone from her.

“Justin,” she said starting to pout.

He smiled as he watched her. “You want me to go right?” he asked.

She nodded. “Of course I do,” she said.

“Then calm down,” he said looking at her seriously. “It’s gonna be fine.”

She pouted again before she leaned against him, wrapping her arms around his waist and burying her face into his chest. He leaned down and kissed the top of her head once more hugging her close to him as he rubbed her back softly.

Sometimes he knew just what to say to calm her down and make everything seem like it was okay.
End Notes:
Comments? Questions? E-mail me at Spacey1141@hotmail.com
Chapter 17 by Sassy Spacey
Author's Notes:
Sorry! I've been having a little bit of writers block :( But here is the next chapter. Thanks for stickin' with me as always. Also, I'm currently working on a short story featuring Robert Pattinson :) I know, but blame Christine ;) Haha. Jk. Anyway, if you are interested I'll let you know. As always, thanks for sticking with me during this story. I can't believe it'll almost be a year since I started writing it. Crazy. Let me know what you think! :-D
Chapter 17:

Tara was in her room getting dressed for the 4th of July party that Lynn and Paul were throwing. She got dressed in a pair of jean shorts and a tank top before slipping on some sandals. Her hair was wavy but she stuck it up in a ponytail so it would be out of her face.

After she put on her make up, she grabbed a light jacket and headed out into the living room. Hannah was sitting on the couch looking through her phone. She was dressed in a pair of white capris and a blue T-shirt, her hair was down, her curls framing her face but it was being held back by a white head-band.

Tara stopped in her tracks and looked at her.

Hannah looked up. “What?” she asked. “Do I look bad?”

Tara shook her head. “No, you look nice,” she said with a smile.

“Thanks,” Hannah replied with a smile.

“Are you ready?” she asked.

Hannah nodded and got up, reaching for her purse.

“Renee is gonna meet us at the car,” Tara said as she took the car keys out of her purse.

The two walked out of the bungalow, and Renee was just walking out of hers and they met at the rental. The three girls climbed in and headed on their way.

After the little horse ridding lesson on Sunday everyone headed to Mike’s for a drink and a little dancing. It gave them all a chance to catch up and hang out off the clock. Kyle and Connie got to know Justin a little more, and Justin in turn got to know a little bit more about the people Tara was spending most of her time with

On their drive to Lynn and Paul’s, Renee talked their ears off about anything that came to mind. Soon they reached their house, there were cars parked all along the road, and music and laughter could be heard coming from the house.

They spotted Randy running around with a group of kids, while Justin, Trace and Andrew were standing on the front porch talking and drinking beer.

Renee rushed toward them once she saw them, while Hannah and Tara took their time.

“It’s about time you girls showed up,” Trace said with a smirk.

That just caused Hannah to roll her eyes once they stepped up the steps. Tara immediately went to Justin, and wrapped her arms around his neck hugging him close. He chuckled as his arms held her waist bringing her closer to him.

“Well hello,” he said before leaning down to kiss her lips lightly.

Her hands went to his hair on the back of his head, holding his face in place as she kissed him back.

“Okay guys enough with the PDA,” Trace said.

They broke the kiss but kept their arms wrapped around each other.

“Green is not a good color on you Trace,” Tara said with a smirk.

He rolled his eyes and laughed. Tara went inside with Justin to say hello to Lynn and Paul while the others stayed on the porch and talked. After talking with them for a while they grabbed a plate of food and headed out to where the rest of the group was eating.

They were enjoying their meal and talking amongst each other when Randy came running over. He was all sweaty from running around in the hot sun, but he was having a blast.

“Hi guys!” he said kind of out of breath.

“Hey buddy!” Tara said with a smile as she put down her drink and he made his way over to her and hugged him tightly. “Whatcha doin?”

“Playin’ tag,” he said his breathing coming back to normal.

“Are you having fun?” she asked.

He nodded. “You’re gonna sit with me when we watch the fireworks right?” he asked Tara.

She nodded. “Of course,” she said. “I’d love too.”

“Okay,” he said. “I gotta go now, I’m it.”

Without another word he took off again. Tara laughed as she turned back to the group and they continued eating. They finished eating before going off their separate ways once again. Trace and Hannah went off to say hi and talk to his family while Andrew did the same with Renee and his family.

Justin took Tara around introducing her to people she hadn’t met yet, some family friends, as well as some of the parents of the kids Randy played around with. Susan was around also, talking with her parents as well as Andrew and Renee.

Justin ended up telling her about the trip to New York that Monday. She wasn’t too thrilled with the idea and tried to convince Justin otherwise. He had made his decision though and nothing was really going to change that.

He had explained that he was going either way and if she didn’t want to take Randy that weekend that his parents would take him. In the end, Susan had agreed that she would watch Randy for the weekend.

After a while, they decided to all head out toward the lake where the fireworks would be. They piled into cars and trucks and headed out there. Since Trace and Justin drove together, Tara and Trace switched places and Trace drove the rental back to the bungalows by the lake while Tara drove with Justin and Randy.

Once they got there, everyone piled out with their blankets and lawn chairs getting their spots ready. Justin brought a fuzzy blanket and he and Tara made themselves a spot next to Trace and Hannah, who were sitting in lawn chairs. Renee and Andrew were sitting together a little farther down the lake.

Randy was running around with his friends with sparkler fireworks that Justin had bought them to play around with until the real fireworks started.

As the four of them talked, waiting for the fireworks, Tara was leaning back against Justin, much like the way she was laying when they had the movie night at his parent’s house a few weeks before.

She was leaning back against his chest as his arms were wrapped around her pulling her closer to him. His chin was resting on her shoulder, but every once in a while he would nuzzle his face into her neck and kiss it softly. Tara had closed her eyes at the feeling leaning as close to him as she could.

Leave it to Trace to ruin a sweet moment like that.

“C’mon guys, there are kids present!” he yelled to them when he noticed Justin’s face buried in Tara’s neck.

Hannah smacked his arm shushing him, as Tara and Justin turned to look at him. Tara giggled watching them bicker at each other, before she turned to look up at Justin who had been watching them too.

“Those two need to stop fighting it,” she said quietly.

Justin laughed. “No kidding,” he agreed.

Randy came bouncing over, all the sparklers were gone and he was ready for the big fireworks to start. He made himself comfortable in Tara’s lap, and she smiled as she leaned down and kissed the top of his head before hugging him close to her.

“Are you excited?” she asked.

He nodded. Before another word could be spoken there was a loud whistling noise and the night sky became illuminated with brightly colored fireworks. As they popped into the sky, Randy grabbed onto Tara’s arm tightly, jumping anytime a loud bang would ring out in the night sky.

There were a couple of loud whistling ones that made Randy cover his ears and buried himself into Tara’s lap. Justin smiled as he watched them, and he reached over rubbing Randy’s back, letting him know it was okay.

Tara felt like a kid again as she watched the colors dance across the sky, she couldn’t remember the last time she had sat and actually watched fireworks. She turned and looked at Trace and Hannah who were kissing under the bright lightened sky.

She giggled and nudged Justin who turned to look at his best friend and couldn’t help the chuckle that left his lips.

After a lot of “oohs” and “ahhs”, the finale took over the sky with an eruption of colors and whistles. It lasted about two minutes before the final flash of light fell from the sky and everyone started clapping.

“Did you like that?” Justin asked as he rubbed Randy’s head.

He nodded as he climbed out of Tara’s lap and yawned before turning to look at them.

“Uh oh, someone is sleepy,” Tara teased.

He pouted. “No,” he said before yawning again.

They laughed.

“C’mon, we should get home, you have school tomorrow,” Justin said. “Go say good-bye to everyone.”

Randy pouted but got up and headed across the grass towards his grandparents to say good-bye.

Tara yawned herself and leaned back against Justin, sinking into his arms. Justin laughed as he hugged her close.

“Someone else is tired,” he said, kissing her cheek.

She smiled. “I am,” she said. “I don’t know why either.”

“You’ve been busy,” he said. “It’s normal.”

“I can’t wait for a break from all this,” she said as she closed her eyes.

“What are we going to be doing exactly?” Justin asked.

“Well, there are a few appearances,” she said. “Some autograph signings, and then I think I have a radio spot.”

Justin remained silent as he held her close, his arms still wrapped around her.

“If there is anything you want to do in New York let me know,” Tara said as she turned and looked up at him. “Go to a play, or a game or something.”

“I just don’t want to be in the way,” he said as he looked down at her.

She smiled and leaned up to kiss his lips lightly. “You won’t be in the way,” she assured him.

When he didn’t say anything, she spoke up again.

"It's gonna be fun," she said. "My mom is very excited to meet you."

"Is she?" he asked, giving her a questionable look.

Tara smiled. "Of course," she replied.

When he didn't say anything, she looked up at him again. She reached up forcing him to look down at her. When their eyes met, she could see the insecurity in them.

"Are you nervous?" she asked.

He shrugged. She smiled and moved out of his arms turning her body so she was sitting cross legged in front of him.

"Do you not wanna go?" she asked.

He shook his head. "I do," he started. "I'm just..."

Before he could finish, Susan and Randy came walking over. Randy immediately rushed over to sit in Tara's lap hugging her close. She laughed and kissed the top of his head.

"Good bye Tara," he said.

She smiled. "Good bye Randy," she said with a smile.

After hugging him, they all stood up and Justin folded the blanket they were sitting on.

"Do you think you can put Randy in the truck for me while I say bye to my folks?" Justin asked Susan, who was now holding Randy, who was resting his head, on Susan's shoulder.

Susan nodded. "It was nice seeing you again Tara,” she said.

"You too Susan," Tara said with a smile, "I'll see ya later Randy," she said rubbing his back.

"Bye," he said with a sleepy smile.

Susan made her way toward Justin’s truck, while Justin grabbed Tara’s hand and they made their way to where Lynn and Paul were.

After hugs and good-byes to Lynn and Paul, as well as a few people they met they made their way to Justin’s truck that was parked outside of Tara’s bungalow.

Susan spotted them making their way toward her so she waved before leaving the truck where Randy was sleeping soundly in the backseat. They reached the truck, and Tara hugged him tightly.

“Are you going to come for lunch tomorrow?” she asked.

“I’m gonna try,” he said breaking the hug and looking down at her.

She leaned up and kissed his lips lightly.

“I had fun tonight, thank you for inviting me,” she said with a smile.

He smiled. “I had fun too,” he said. “Thank you for coming.”

“Of course,” she said.

She could tell that after she discussed the trip with him, he was starting to get nervous about going to New York.

“Are you okay?” she asked him, watching him as he looked everywhere else but at her.

He finally turned and looked at her then, his bottom lip going into his mouth as he started to bite on it.

She smiled. “Don’t be nervous,” she started. “It’s gonna be fun.”

“I should get Randy to bed,” he said changing the subject. “It’s late.”

She nodded. “Okay,” she said. “Try and come over to lunch,” she reminded.

He nodded. “I’ll try,” he said. “I’ll text you.”

“Okay,” she replied.

He leaned in and kissed her lips lightly, hugging her close. Tara wrapped her arms his shoulders tightly, her hands going into his hair holding onto it as she deepened the kiss. They broke the kiss looking at each other as they tried to catch their breath. Justin leaned forward and kissed her forehead lightly.

“I’ll see you tomorrow,” he replied.

She smiled and nodded before breaking away from his embrace. She made her way up the porch steps and reached the door before turning around. Justin had been watching her make her way to the door. Since she had been watching him, she didn’t notice the front porch light turn on and the door opened quickly. Trace came rushing out almost running into Tara as he did so.

“Woah, hey, sorry,” he mumbled before rushing down the steps of the porch.

Tara looked at him as he walked away before turning to Justin who was watching the scene obviously dumbfounded. Tara put her hand over her mouth and started to laugh, but trying to keep it quiet.

Trace rushed toward Justin and got into the passenger side of his truck and shut the door. Tara held up her hand to her ear making a ‘call me’ gesture. Justin nodded and waved once more before get got into the truck and started it up.

Tara walked into the bungalow and saw Hannah sitting curled up on the couch watching TV. She looked up as Tara walked into the bungalow.

“Hey,” Hannah said.

“Hey,” Tara said kicking off her sandals. “Uh, Trace rushed out pretty quick.”

“Yeah, he had to be at work early,” Hannah replied.

Tara walked around the couch and sat down next to Hannah facing her, a bright smile appearing on her face.

Hannah saw her out of the corner of her eye and noticed the big smile on her face.

“What?” she questioned as she turned to her.

“What’s goin’ on?” Tara asked.

“What do you mean?” Hannah asked.

Tara didn’t say anything, she just smiled. Hannah rolled her eyes.

“I saw you guys during the fireworks,” Tara responded. “Did he finally get to you?”

Hannah sighed and sunk deeper into the couch, pulling one of the pillows over her face and groaned. Tara giggled before moving closer to her and pulling the pillow from her face.

“He did, he did,” Tara giggled.

“Stop it,” Hannah said starting to get annoyed. “Please.”

“Okay, okay,” she said and sat back on the couch trying to contain her giggles.

There was silence as the girls stared at the TV for a while before Tara spoke up again.

“So are you gonna invite him to New York?” Tara asked.

Hannah laughed. “Uh, no,” she said.

“Aw, you should he and Justin would have fun,” Tara replied.

“Maybe next time,” Hannah said.

Tara smiled at her remark. She figured she wasn’t going to get anymore information out of her so she got up.

“Well, I should get some sleep,” Tara said as she grabbed her purse.

“Good night,” Hannah said.

“Night,” Tara said as she walked into her bedroom.

Tara walked into her bedroom and closed her door. She put her purse down and changed into some pajamas before lying down on the bed and waiting for Justin to call with the dirt on Trace.

-*-

Trace looked out the window as Justin drove through the quiet town. Justin kept looking at him out of the corner of his eye. After a couple of minutes, Trace spoke up.

“What?” he asked as he continued to look out the window.

“What was that about?” Justin asked.

“What?” Trace asked.

“You and Hannah,” Justin said.

Trace didn’t respond.

“Tara and I saw you during the fireworks,” Justin continued.

“So,” Trace replied.

Justin chuckled. “Okay, fine don’t talk to me about it.”

Trace rolled his eyes. Justin continued to drive toward Trace’s house in silence, but spoke up again.

“You should meet us in New York,” he said.

Trace chuckled. “I’m good,” he replied. “You just don’t want to be alone with Tyler.”

Justin chuckled. “Maybe,” he said. “It’s gonna be fine though.”

Trace laughed. “Keep telling yourself that,” he said.

Justin rolled his eyes. He did end up telling Trace about their little spat that they had at the barbeque that past weekend.

“I just can’t believe Tyler weaseled his way into this trip,” Trace said. “You better watch yourself.”

“I’m not worried,” Justin replied.

“Sure, okay,” Trace replied with a chuckle.

Justin sighed. He knew what Trace was doing. He was trying to get Justin to think about himself so there would be no focus on him. They reached Trace’s house a few minutes later and he left with a mumbled goodbye.

Justin reached his house and got Randy out holding him against his chest as he walked into his house. He got Randy into his bed, tucking him in and turning on his nightlight.

He then made his way into his own bedroom. He took off his clothes and got into a pair of pajama bottoms before climbing into bed. He reached for his cell phone and quickly called Tara’s number.

“Hey,” Tara’s quiet voice came over the line after one ring.

“You weren’t asleep were you?” Justin asked.

“Nope, just layin’ in bed,” she said.

He could tell she was smiling.

“Did you find out anything?” she asked.

He chuckled. “Not really,” he said. “He wasn’t very talkative.”

“Hmm,” Tara replied. “Hannah wasn’t either.”

“We should probably just let them be,” he suggested.

Tara sighed. “Yeah, I guess you’re right,” she replied. “I told her to invite him to New York, but I don’t think she will.”

“Well it doesn’t hurt to suggest,” he replied.

“I guess,” she said. “I wish she’d see what was in front of her though.”

Justin smiled.

“Did you get Randy into bed okay?” Tara asked.

“Yeah, he was out like a light and didn’t wake up once.” Justin replied.

“Are you gonna miss him?” she asked.

Justin smiled. “I will,” he said. “But I’ll be fine, I’ve been away from him before,” he continued. “It’s not my favorite thing though.”

Tara smiled. “Are you packed?” she asked.

He chuckled. “Not really,” he said. “I don’t know what to bring.”

“Bring whatever you want,” she said. “Like I said, it won’t be too exciting.”

Justin sighed. Tara could tell he was still nervous about this trip but she was going to show him a great time.

She yawned as she got deeper into the covers, pressing her phone against her ear tightly.

“You sound tired,” he said. “You should get some sleep.”

“I know,” she said. “But I don’t want too.”

He chuckled. “I’ll come by for lunch tomorrow okay?” he said.

“Can’t I meet you in your office?” she asked teasingly.

Justin laughed. “Text me when you find out your lunch ok?” he asked.

“Okay,” she said and yawned once more. “Love you, night.”

“Love you,” he replied back. “Night.”

They both hung up, and got comfortable in their beds drifting off to dreamland in no time.
End Notes:
Comments? Questions? E-mail me at Spacey1141@hotmail.com
Chapter 18 by Sassy Spacey
Author's Notes:
Okay, well... I'm having a bit of writer's block. I had this chapter saved for such occasions. Also, the computer I use has died! So I'm using my mom's laptop when she lets me. :( So, I decided before I headed out on vacation to let you guys see a chapter. I'm sorry it took forever, but I hope you enjoy this chapter. I have been writing other stuff though. I completed a Robert Pattinson short (which hasn't been posted yet) and am working on a chapter story featuring Robert Pattinson as well. Let me know if you'd like to read those. Anyway, this has gone on long enough, please let me know what you think and THANK YOU for continuing to read and review! :)
Chapter 18:

The rest of the week went by quickly and pretty soon it was 7 o’clock Friday morning. Tara, Justin, Hannah and Tyler were all sitting on a private plane heading to New York.

Tara and Justin were sitting in a pair of recliner chairs on one side of the plane. Tara was snuggled under a blanket, her head leaning on Justin’s shoulder as he had his arm around her holding her close.

Hannah was on the other side of the plane in a recliner as well, under a blanket and trying to get some sleep. Tyler on the other hand was near the front, talking and flirting with the flight attendants.

“How was Randy when you said goodbye to him last night?” Tara asked as she yawned.

Justin looked down at her, and leaned forward to kiss her forehead lightly, before leaning his cheek against it.

“He was okay,” he responded. “He just wants me to get him something.” He chuckled.

She giggled. “We can do that,” she said. “I’m glad you’re coming.”

She looked up at him and smiled. He looked down at her and leaned forward to press his lips to hers lightly.

“I’m glad I’m coming too,” he said.

She smiled sleepily and leaned her head back onto his shoulder, snuggling close to him.

He chuckled as he rubbed her arm lightly, “Why don’t you get some sleep,” he said.

“Hmm, don’t want too,” she said yawning again.

“You’ve got a busy day ahead of you baby,” he said. “You should try and sleep a little.”

She didn’t respond for a few seconds so Justin looked down at her, and she was fast asleep leaning against him. He smiled to himself as he adjusted her so she was more comfortable and he leaned back into his chair closing his eyes trying to get some sleep too.

After a few hours, they were landing at the airport. About half way through the flight everyone had woken up and had eaten a little snack. They stuck in an old movie and watched it on the big screen, keeping themselves entertained until the flight landed at the Kennedy airport.

After they landed, they all grabbed their carry-on luggage and made their way off the plane. Tara and Justin were holding hands as they walked down the terminal. They were following Hannah and Tyler who were in turn following some security guys.

“Just so you know, when I walk out of here it’s gonna be crazy,” Tara said to him. “I want you to follow Hannah and jump into the awaiting car,” she explained. “All of our stuff is gonna make its way to the hotel okay?”

Justin looked at her nervously.

Tara smiled and squeezed his hand. “It’s gonna be fine,” she said. “Tyler and I are going to sign a few autographs then we’ll jump into the car okay?”

He nodded not quite sure what to say. They made their way out of the terminal and quickly walked through the airport toward the exit. Once they neared the exit, Tara squeezed Justin’s hand before letting it go and making her way out of the doors with Tyler.

As soon as the doors opened there were screams like Justin had never heard before. It was like one of the high school basketball games he had coached; more like one of his championship games. He almost lost his concentration looking around at all the girls screaming and cheering for Tara and Tyler.

Hannah grabbed onto his hand, breaking him away from his trance, and she pulled him toward the opening door of the black SUV. Justin was looking out of the tinted black windows as the girls crowded around Tara and Tyler shoving papers and pens in their faces for an autograph.

They spent about 15 minutes out there before the guards pulled them away and got them safely into the SUV. Once the door was closed, the SUV took off, heading down the exit ramp of the airport.

Tara had climbed into the back seat next to Justin.

She giggled when she saw his face. “You look traumatized,” she said.

“How do you do that and not freak out?” He asked stunned.

Tara shrugged. “I’ve been doing it too long,” she said simply.

“Didn’t like that huh Justin?” Tyler asked from his seat next to Hannah.

Justin looked at him, then back at Tara who was smacking Tyler in the back of the head.

“Leave him alone,” Tara said. “You almost cried the first time it happened to you remember?”

Tyler turned and glared at her.

Tara laughed. “That’s what I thought,” she stuck her tongue out at him.

“You guys are so mature,” Hannah commented.

Tara stuck her tongue out at Hannah too before turning to look out the window.

“We have nothing planned today right?” Tyler asked.

“Nope,” Hannah said. “Go have fun, but remember you have an MTV thing early tomorrow morning.”

Tara and Tyler both groaned, which made Hannah giggle.

“What are you guys doing tonight?” Tyler asked.

“We’re having dinner with my family,” Tara said. “Then we might head to a club with my sister.”

“Lexi?” Tyler asked.

Tara nodded. “What about you?” she asked.

“I don’t know a few buddies and I just wanted to catch a baseball game or something,” he replied. “Matt’s agent scored him box seats.”

Tara nodded. “Sounds like fun,” she said.

“Let me know if your night’s a bust I’m sure I can get you guys in,” Tyler replied.

“Will do,” Tara said.

She turned and noticed Justin was looking out the window at the passing city. She reached for his hand and squeezed it tightly, causing him to look at her.

She smiled at him, “You ok?” she asked.

He nodded quickly and brought his hand to her lips kissing it lightly. They continued to look out the window at the scenery before Justin squeezed Tara’s hand once more to get her attention.

“Are we not gonna see your place?” he asked.

Tara shook her head. “It’s easier for them to pick me up at the hotel,” she said. “I’ll show it to you if you’d like.”

Justin shrugged. They spent about a half hour on the highway before getting off and headed into the busy streets of New York City.

They were going to drive around to the back of the Hilton New York Hotel on 6th Avenue to drop of Tara, Justin and Tyler while Hannah was going to go around front to check them all in.

The SUV pulled up the service entrance and the three of them got out pulling their carry-on luggage with them. They walked through the backdoor and Teddy was standing there waiting for them.

“Teddy!” Tara cried rushing toward him.

“Hey honey,” he said laughing as he hugged her tight.

“How are you?” She asked. “How’s you wife?”

He smiled. “Everything’s good,” he said. “Pauline is fine. She’s pregnant.”

“Oh wow congratulations!” Tara said. “Where is she registered? I’ll have to get her something.”

He chuckled. “Oh you don’t have to do that,” he said with a smile.

“Oh I owe her for letting you watch over me all these years,” she said.

He laughed. Tyler and Justin made their way toward them.

“Hey Teddy, long time no see,” he said.

He walked over to Teddy to give him a handshake.

“Yeah, well this one said she’d be safe without me,” Teddy laughed.

Tara smiled and went back to stand with Justin, who was watching them.

“I’ve been fine,” she pouted.

They all laughed.

“Teddy you remember Justin right?” Tara asked.

Teddy looked at Justin before sticking out his hand.

“Of course, how are you Justin?” Teddy asked.

“I’m doing well,” Justin replied. “Congratulations on being a father it’s a great thing.”

“Thank you,” Teddy said with a grin.

Justin went to stand back with Tara, grabbing a hold of both of their carry-on luggage.

“Okay, we should head up to the rooms,” Teddy said gesturing everyone to walk through the hallway toward the employee elevator.

Tyler was walking with him while Tara and Justin trailed behind them holding hands.

“Are you guys heading out tonight?” Teddy asked as they waited for the elevator.

“Justin and I are meeting my family for dinner,” Tara replied. “Then hitting a club with Lexi.”

“Which one?” Teddy asked.

“We don’t know yet,” she said. “Don’t worry we’ll let you know.”

Teddy chuckled. “And you?” he asked Tyler.

“Maybe a baseball game,” Tyler said.

The elevator reached them and they piled inside. When the doors opened on the tenth floor, Hannah was waiting there with her carryon and purse.

“Okay,” she said handing Tyler, Teddy and Tara a keycard envelope.

“We are all next to each other down there,” she said pointing down the end of the hall.

Tara opened her envelope handing Justin one of the keycards with a smile.

“Please let Teddy and I know if you plan on leaving,” she finished looking at them seriously.

They all nodded, saying bye to each other before heading to their rooms. Tara and Justin’s room was at the far end of the hall. Once they got inside Tara let out a sigh. Their luggage was already in the room, lined up by the windows.

They dropped their carryon luggage by the front door. Tara put her purse and keycard down on the small desk and sighed as she walked toward the king-size bed. She lay back onto the bed with a sigh.

Justin chuckled and walked over climbing onto the bed next to her. She smiled and turned and snuggled closer to him.

“What time are we heading out tonight?” he asked.

“Mmm, probably around 5 o’clock” she replied.

She moved herself and climbed on top of him, straddling his waist and looked down at him, smiling. He opened his eyes and saw her sitting above him and he moved his hands to her waist holding onto her. She smiled and leaned down pressing her lips to his lightly.

Justin moved one hand to her cheek pulling her closer to him as they kiss deepened. Tara reached one hand out tangling it into his hair resting against him. As one of Justin’s hand held her face in place, the other moved up her back lightly.

As their kissing continued, Tara broke the kiss with a squeal and a giggle and sat up. Justin looked up at her in confusion.

“Your pocket is vibrating!” she laughed.

Justin felt his phone vibrating against his thigh in his front pocket and chuckled. Tara moved down his legs and he reached into his pocket for his phone and looked at the caller ID.

“Randy,” he sighed.

Tara nodded giving him the okay to answer it. He flipped open the phone.

“Hey buddy,” he said.

Tara got off of him and walked over to there the room service menu was sitting. She climbed back onto the bed and looked through it as Justin sat up against the headboard talking to Randy.

After a few minutes, she reached for the hotel phone and ordered them some lunch. Since Justin was still talking on the phone, she went into the bathroom to take a shower.

About 20 minutes later she stepped out of the bathroom in one of the fluffy, white hotel robes. She was drying her hair with another towel and walked over to her suitcase picking it up and setting it down on the bed to look through.

As she sat it down on the bed Justin had just finished his phone call.

“Everything okay?” she asked as she took out a dress for tonight so she could hang it up.

Justin nodded. “Yeah, Susan let him play some basketball today,” he replied. “I wish I could have seen that” he mumbled.

Tara watched him as she hung up her dress and walked back over toward him.

“Did he like it?” she asked.

“He said he did,” he replied.

“Well, I’m sure he’ll keep playing,” she reassured.

He nodded and put the phone down on the bedside table.

“My phone is off,” he said. “No more calls.”

Tara smiled and walked over to him. She faced him as he sat at the edge of the bed. His arms wrapped around her waist and she leaned down to kiss him.

Justin reached up to hold her neck lightly bringing her deeper into the kiss. She rested her hands on his shoulders moving closer to him. As she was about to straddle his lap there was a knock on the door.

“Room service!” someone called.

“Is this really happening right now?” Tara sighed as she broke away from him and walked to the door.

Justin sighed and lay back on the bed. Tara opened the door and the room service guy brought in a tray of food. She thanked him with a generous tip and closed the door. They sat on the bed and ate some snacks watching a little TV and relaxing before they started getting ready for their dinner.

-*-

Tara was finishing up her make up in the small hotel mirror as Justin finished getting dressed in the bathroom. She was in a black, low-cut halter dress that ended at her knees.
It was form fitting on the top but flew down from her waist. She also had on a pair of black heels. Her hair was flowing down her back, wavy and smooth.

“Justin!” she called with a laugh. “Are you almost done?”

She knew he was nervous even though she assured him it would be fine

“How dressy is this place?” he called back.

She sighed. “Just come out,” she said. “Let me see.”

The door opened and Justin walked out. He was dressed in black dress slacks and a white long sleeve button up shirt. He had a skinny black tie hanging around his neck. Tara smiled when she saw him and made her way toward him.

“What’s wrong with it?” she asked. “You look great.”

He pouted.

Tara smiled and reached up to kiss his cheek. “I got you something,” she said and made her way toward the closet.

He watched her as she made her way back toward him with a large, white rectangle box, with a red bow tied on top. She handed it to him with a smile.

“What did you get me?” he asked.

She laughed. “Just open it,” she said as she went back to the mirror to finish her makeup.

Justin looked at the box before putting it down on the bed and opened it. He lifted the lid and moved the tissue out of the way to reveal a black blazer. Before Tara looked at him he looked at the tag before taking it out of the box. He read that it was Armani, and couldn’t help the sigh that slipped from his lips. He knew how much a jacket like this cost, and he didn’t want Tara spending that kind of money on him.

“Tar,” he started taking the jacket out of the box.

Tara turned to him with a smile. “Do you like it?” she asked.

She made her way toward him taking the jacket and opening it up so he could slip his arms into it. He did so and she smiled as she rubbed his shoulders taking off the fuzz and turning him around.

“It looks great on you, like I thought it would,” she said.

“This is too much,” he said looking at her. “I can’t accept this.”

“Of course you can,” she said as she adjusted his collar.

Before he could answer she leaned in and kissed his lips lightly then pulled back.

“C’mon, put your shoes on we got to go,” she said before turning back to the mirror to finish her makeup.

As she was putting on a black, pea coat there was a knock on the door. She answered it and Teddy was standing there, dressed in his signature black suit and sunglasses.

“Hey Teddy, we’re almost done,” she said as she held the door open for him to make his way into the room.

He walked in and waited by the door. Justin came walking out of the bathroom dressed fully with his blazer and dress shoes.

“Hey, you’re lookin’ sharp there Justin,” Teddy complimented.

Justin smiled. “Thanks,” he said.

Tara came out behind him. “I told you, you looked good,” she said with a smile.

Teddy laughed. Pretty soon they were all ready to go. They slipped on their sunglasses and followed Teddy down to the lobby.

They made their way from the elevator through the lobby and into the SUV without any problems. Once they were all in, Tara and Justin in the back and Teddy in the passenger seat, they took off through the busy city toward the restaurant Basso.

Tara watched Justin throughout the car ride. He seemed fine in the beginning but as they got closer to the restaurant she noticed his leg started to bounce up and down. His hand started to mess with his hair and he kept moving around.

As they neared the restaurant, Tara reached over and rested her hand on his leg.

“Justin,” she said.

He quickly turned and looked at her. She reached for his hand, holding it in hers.

“You’re okay,” she reassured.

He half-smiled before looking back out the window.

“I should tell you,” she said. “There’s probably gonna be paparazzi there.”

Justin looked at her again.

“Do you want to get dropped off around back and meet me at the table?” she asked.

Justin thought about it before looking at their intertwined hands.

“I’ll go in with you,” he said.

Tara smiled. “Are you sure?” she asked.

He nodded before bringing her hand to his lips and kissing it lightly. She smiled and moved closer to him snuggling into his side. He chuckled as he leaned down and kissed her forehead.

As the SUV turned the cars were stopped. There was a slow line of cars that led up to the entrance of the restaurant. People stepped out of the cars and flashes instantly went off as they made their way to the entrance. The car slowly made its way up to the entrance.

“Okay, are we ready?” Teddy asked turning to look at them.

“Yeah,” she said after Justin nodded.

Teddy got out first and walked around to the back door. Justin got out first and then held his hand out for Tara. Justin thought the screaming at the airport was loud, but it was nothing compared to the shouting of the paparazzi and the flashing of the lights.

Tara smiled as she locked arms with him and Teddy led the way toward the entrance of the restaurant. Once they stepped inside, everything was much quieter.

The hostess came up to them and took Tara’s jacket before leading them into the back room.

“That wasn’t so bad was it?” Tara said as she looked up at him.

He shrugged. Tara smiled and gripped his hand tightly. As soon as they walked into the room, Tara spotted her family and let go of Justin’s hand rushing toward them.

A middle-aged woman stood up as Tara rushed over to her. She had the same kind of hair as Tara, but it was shorter and wavy framing her face.

“Tar Bear,” she said with a smile as she reached her.

“Hi mom,” Tara replied as she hugged the women tightly.

“You look fantastic!” he mother responded. “That country air is doing you good.”

“I don’t know if it’s the country air,” a girl mumbled from the table.

Justin looked at her. She looked exactly like Tara, but her eyes were blue and her long brown hair was straightened, with a tint of red mixed it.

“Oh hush Lexi,” her mom replied shooing her.

Lexi giggled. Tara broke away from her mom and reached for Justin’s hand bringing him close to her.

“Mom, this is Justin,” Tara said. “Justin, this is my mom Barbara.”

“Oh please call me Barb,” she replied reaching out to shake Justin’s hand, “nice to finally meet you Justin.”

“Likewise,” he replied with a smile.

The other two people rose from the table after Justin and Barbara shook hands and Tara went over to hug them both. She then introduced them to him; it was her father Chris and her sister Lexi.

After they all were introduced to Justin, they sat down around the small round table. Chris ordered a bottle of wine for the table and they poured over their menus since they were starving.

After they all ordered, they munched on an appetizer and drank some wine and chatted.

“So Justin,” Chris started. “Tara says you’re a high school basketball coach?”

Justin nodded. “Yes sir,” he replied. “I was just promoted to Varsity this past year.”

“Did you play when you were in high school?” Chris asked.

“Yes I did,” Justin replied. “Unfortunately, I blew my knee out my senior year of high school.”

“That’s too bad,” Chris replied. “Injuries do ruin a lot don’t they?”

“My dad played pro-football for a while after college,” Tara replied, “but got injured too.”

“We put our bodies through a lot and don’t realize the affect it has on us until later,” Chris replied.

“So you have a little boy Justin?” Barbara asked. “How old is he?”

“He’s five,” Justin said turning to look at Barbara.

“Is he into sports too?” she asked.

Justin nodded. “He actually just got to play some basketball today,” he replied.

“Is he staying with your parents?” she asked.

“No, my ex-wife is watching him,” he replied as he took a drink of his wine.

“Do you two get along?” Lexi asked.

Tara coughed and kicked Lexi under the table giving her a death stare. Lexi’s eyes got big as she turned and looked at her sister before turning her attention back to Justin.

Justin took another drink of his wine before answering.

“We get along fine,” he replied. “We pretty much grew up together.”

“High school sweethearts?” Barbara asked.

Justin nodded.

She smiled. “That’s so sweet,” she replied. “Chris and I were high school sweethearts.”

“We sure were,” Christ said reaching over to hold onto Barbara’s hand.

Justin smiled at them. Their conversation continued on as the food arrived and everyone ate. They asked Justin all about his life back home, his family and friends, and anything in between.

Tara sat back and watched them converse with him and couldn’t help but smile. He was fitting right in as she hoped he would. Two bottles of wine later, their meals successfully eaten, and the bill had been paid and the five of them got up to leave.

Barbara went right up to Justin and hugged him tightly.

“It was lovely to meet you Justin,” she said kissing his cheek.

Justin smiled. “It was nice to meet you too Barb,” he replied remembering to call her Barb and not ma’am like had been all night.

She smiled and patted his cheek. “I hope you enjoy your weekend in New York,” she said. “Don’t be a stranger either; we’d love to have you for dinner at the house.”

Justin nodded. “I will keep that in mind,” he said with a smile.

She smiled and stepped out of the way. Chris made his way toward him with his hand out and Justin shook it sternly.

“Thank you Chris for dinner,” Justin said.

“Of course my boy,” Chris replied. “You just keep my girl happy and we’ll call it even.”

Justin chuckled and nodded.

Chris helped Barbara with her coat, and they gave Tara one more hug and kiss goodbye before leaving the restaurant.

“Now the real fun is about to begin,” Lexi said with a smile as she stood next to Tara.



Hotel: http://www.booking.com/hotel/us/hilton-new-york.html?sid=c0539395b00200ced324e5779cad041f
Tara’s Dress: http://www.cxlondon.com/images/items/549.jpg
Justin’s Jacket: http://www.armaniexchange.com/product/mens/jackets/herringbone+blazer.do?asc=&sortby=&size=&imageName=1501.10047.4303.421&sizeName
End Notes:
Comments? Questions? E-mail me at Spacey1141@hotmail.com

BTW - It's been a year since I posted this story :) Wow!
Chapter 19 by Sassy Spacey
Author's Notes:
Such a long time coming, I know. I'm sorry :( There isn't much of an excuse this time either except that I've had writers block and school has started and I'm just BUSY. But here is chapter 19, the 2nd part to Tara and Justin's night in New York. Thank you to all of you who are still reading and reviewing. I will TRY not to have such a long break before updates again, but can't make any promises. Oh, also voting as begun for the NsyncFiction.net Awards so head over there and vote. This story is nominated for: Intriguing Work In Progress. Anyway I should let you all read now. Hope you enjoy :)
Chapter 19:

Because Lexi drove to the restaurant with her parents, she ended up driving with Tara and Justin to the club.

They all got their jackets and headed back out into the paparazzi filled entrance and got into the awaiting SUV, Teddy following behind them. He had been at his own table eating dinner while Tara and Justin ate with her family.

They all got situated into the SUV and the driver headed toward the club.

“So Justin,” Lexi started as she turned toward them. “Now that my parents are gone, it’s time for the real questions.”

Tara looked at her, giving her a death glare.

“Lexi, can you please not do this now,” Tara replied.

She reached for Justin’s hand, and held it tightly in her own as it rested on her lap.

“Oh c’mon, he doesn’t mind.” Lexi said.

Tara sighed.

“It’s just a few questions; I’m trying to help you out.” Lexi argued.

Tara rolled her eyes then turned to Justin. “You don’t have to answer any of these questions.” She said to him.

Lexi rolled her eyes in return, “You’re such a baby, we’re just having fun.” she said.

Justin squeezed her hand, reassuring that he could handle it. She leaned her head on his shoulder as she looked out the window at the passing scenery.

“What do you want to know Lexi?” Justin asked.

Lexi smiled. “See, he’s fine with it.” she replied.

She went off on in random question mode, asking him questions mostly about his relationship with Susan and things of that nature. Tara couldn’t help but roll her eyes at the questions she was asking.

They reached the club soon after and it was packed outside. That meant that the inside was just as packed. They pulled up to the entrance and Tara got out first, followed by Justin and Lexi. Teddy got out of course and walked with them toward the entrance.

“Hey Tino, what’s going on?” Teddy said to the big Hispanic bouncer who was standing at the entrance behind some velvet ropes.

“Teddy!” Tino said with a smile. “Haven’t seen you in a while, how have you been?”

“Great,” Teddy replied. “Yourself?”

“Oh can’t complain.” Tino replied.

Teddy gestured to the three people behind him.

“Tara’s here to have a good time with her sister and friend.” Teddy said.

Tino looked behind him and noticed Tara right away and moved out of the way, opening up the blocked entrance.

“Of course ladies and gentlemen,” he gestured to Teddy and Justin. “Have a good night guys.”

Tara smiled her thanks before taking Justin’s hand, and walking into the club. Lexi followed them as did Teddy.

“I’m gonna be in the VIP area.” Teddy said pointing out the roped off area in the back of the club to Tara.

Tara gave her thumbs up to him and smiled. “Thanks Teddy!” she said.

He nodded and left the group.

“I’ll go get drinks,” Justin volunteered. “What would you guys like?”

Lexi smiled. “I’ll take a rum and coke.” she said.

Tara nodded. “Me too,” she said. “You want me to go with you?”

He shook his head. “I’ll be fine you stay.” he said.

She smiled and leaned in to kiss his cheek. “Thanks!” she said.

He nodded and made his way toward the bar. Lexi turned to Tara and smiled at her as Tara watched Justin walk away.

“Oh you are definitely smitten with that one.” Lexi said with a giggle.

Tara looked at her sister, and then smiled. She couldn’t deny that.

“I need to pee.” Lexi said.

Tara laughed. “Let’s go,” she said. “We’ll met Justin at the bar afterwards.”

Lexi nodded. They headed off together to find the bathroom that was in the back of the club.

Tara was in one of the stalls while Lexi was at the sink, putting on some lip gloss when two girls walked in. They were dressed in short skirts and low tops, and giggling and walking all over each other. They probably had had one drink too many.

“Did you hear that that Tara girl is here tonight?” one of them asked.

“The one that’s in that new high school movie.” the other replied.

“Yeah!” she said. “She brought some cute, country boy with her.”

“Seriously??” the other replied.

“She got him all dressed up to show him off,” she said. “I bet she heard Roger was here tonight.”

“Is he??” the other asked her eyes big.

“Yeah!” she said. “I got a chance to dance with him, and he gave me his number.”

Lexi couldn’t help the giggle that escaped her lips. The two girls looked at her with disgust before finishing their conversation and leaving the bathroom after they touched up their makeup.

Tara flushed the toilet and came out of the stall, looking at Lexi through the mirror.

“Is he here??” Tara asked, trying not to panic.

“I guess,” Lexi said turning to her sister. “Everything is gonna be fine.”

“But what-“ Tara started.

Lexi shook her head. “No,” she said. “It’s fine, we’re here to dance and have a good time. Forget what those girls said. They aren’t anything but used up trash.”

Tara sighed. She went to the sink and washed her hands before fixing her lip gloss. She turned to Lexi who had been watching her.

“Let’s go find Justin, I bet he’s looking for us,” she said.

Lexi nodded. They walked out of the bathroom and headed toward the bar. Justin was just paying the bartender when they turned up and he smiled when he saw them.

“Hey.” he said as he handed them each their drink.

“Thanks.” Lexi said with a smile.

He nodded. They toasted each other, hitting their glasses together and took a drink. They pulled up some seats at the bar and continued to talk and drink their beverages. They were laughing and having a good time when a gentleman came over and asked Lexi to dance. She smiled and accepted making her way onto the dance floor with him.

Tara had been watching her as she swayed her hips into the guys she was dancing with and Lexi looked at her, and waved her onto the dance floor.

“You wanna dance?” Tara asked leaning close to Justin’s side.

Justin looked at her, but before he could answer she spoke up again.

“C’mon, remember you danced with Renee that one time,” she said teasing him. “I know you can dance.”

He looked at the excitement in her eyes, and he laughed leaning forward to kiss her forehead before taking her hands into his.

“Okay,” he said. “C’mon.”

“Yay!” Tara said as she got up.

They headed onto the dance floor, and Justin wrapped his arms around Tara’s waist as they began to dance to the loud beat of the music.

They spent a good amount of time dancing before they decided to go take a break. Tara gestured toward the VIP lounge to Lexi before grabbing Justin’s hand and heading that way.

They walked into the VIP lounge and found some couches in the corner. Teddy was talking to a group of guys, but watched Tara and Justin as they walked in and sat down.

Justin sat down on the two-seater couch, before pulling Tara down next to him.

“Are you having fun?” Tara asked as she held onto his hand tightly.

“Yeah,” he nodded. “It’s definitely much more crowded then back home.” He commented.

Tara nodded. They talked a little more before Tara decided she wanted another drink. She headed over to the private bar while Justin headed to the restroom.

She was waiting at the bar for her and Justin’s drink when someone tapped her shoulder. She turned, her breath catching in her throat.

“Roger,” she choked out.

He looked at her, sizing her up. His eyes traveled up her legs to her eyes.

“Hey Tar baby,” he grinned.

Tara looked at him. He looked exactly the same. He had shaggy black hair, with bangs that covered his dark eyes. He had spiked plugs in his ears, with a black leather bracelet around his wrist with spikes on it.

“Hi…” Tara said, not quite knowing what to say.

“Are you back already?” he asked. “I thought you were filming that movie in Tennessee.”

“Umm, just up for the weekend.” she responded.

“Well, you look fantastic.” he said taking in her figure again.

She smiled, but was trying her hardest not to smack the smug look off his face. She tried to ignore him as she turned back to the bar and waited for their drinks.

“So, what are you up to tonight?” Roger asked.

She turned and looked at him again.

“Are we really doing this?” she asked him.

He grinned. “Aww, c’mon, you’re not still mad at me are you?” he asked.

She rolled her eyes. “Roger, just go,” she said. “There are plenty of girls here tonight that will keep you company.”

“Ooo, are we jealous?” Roger asked moving closer to Tara, wrapping his arm around her shoulder.

“Roger, please stop!” Tara said moving herself out of his arms.

“What are you gonna do?” he asked. “Stick your sister on me?”

Tara said nothing, hoping if she ignored him long enough he would get bored and leave.

“Where’s Hannah?” he asked. “She’s usually glued to your side.”

“Roger, please!” Tara screamed.

Before Roger could answer back, Tara felt a hand wrap around her waist on her other side. She turned and Justin had himself close to her.

“Is everything okay?” Justin asked.

Roger took a step back and looked at Justin up and down sizing him up.

“Who the hell are you?” Roger asked with a laugh.

Tara looked at Roger. “Roger, this is Justin, my boyfriend.” She said watching him closely.

Roger let out a loud laugh. “Boyfriend?” he asked. “Seriously?”

Justin looked at him then back at Tara, she looked at him apologetically.

“Roger was just leaving,” Tara said looking at Roger.

“Oh yeah, right,” Roger chuckled. “Nice jacket by the way, Tara pick that out?”

Neither Tara nor Justin said a word as Roger continued to chuckle to himself.

“That’s how it happens,” Roger started. “She’ll try and dress you, then change your eating habits, who you hang out with, even the music you listen too.”

“Roger, please go away,” Tara said pushing his shoulder.

“Defensive much?” Roger asked.

Justin finally spoke up.

“Roger is this really how you want people to see you?” he asked. “Badgering Tara?”

Roger looked at him, stunned.

“Why don’t you take this,” he said handing him a beer that the bartender had put on the bar next to Tara’s drink. “Go back to your groupies and enjoy the rest of your night.”

Roger was about to say something but Justin spoke up first.

“Just take it Roger,” Justin said.

As if on cue, Teddy came walking over to the group.

“Everything okay?” He asked, giving Roger a death stare.

Roger looked from Justin to Teddy, then at Tara before grabbing the beer with a huff and walked away. Teddy patted Tara’s shoulder before heading back over to where he was before Roger decided to cause trouble.

Justin turned to Tara. “Are you okay?” he asked.

“You didn’t have to.” she started.

He hugged her close, before leaning down to kiss her head.

“It’s fine,” he said. “Are you okay?” he asked again.

She nodded but still seemed like she was in shock. She wrapped her arms around him burying her face in his neck.

“Thank you.” she whispered kissing his neck lightly.

“You’re welcome.” he said.

He got another drink before they headed back to the couch they were sitting at before and talked a while. Lexi found them a few minutes later, and Tara had told her about what had happened. Justin calmed her down enough so that she wouldn’t go over there and smack him.

They shared a few more drinks and laughs as Tara and Lexi talked about their childhood with Justin. They decided to call it a night and got Teddy before heading back outside.

It took them a while to get the SUV because the paparazzi were crowding the entrance and it was hard for anyone to get out or in. But Teddy got them through safely and into the SUV and they headed off to drop Lexi off at her penthouse apartment.

Lexi had talked their ears off about the guy she had met at the club and her future plans with him. Once they reached her place they all got out, Tara and Justin hugged and kissed her goodbye after promising to see both of them again soon.

Tara and Justin made it back to the hotel safely and got into their room with no problems. Teddy wished them goodnight before going to his own room. Justin had gone out onto the balcony to check his cell phone messages since he left it at the hotel all night and wanted to make sure Randy was okay.

When he came back Tara was in the bathroom, taking off her make up in the mirror in a daze. He walked to the entrance and leaned against the doorway watching her.

“Are you sure you’re okay?” he asked.

She jumped slightly, before turning to look at him.

“Huh?” she asked before answering. “Yeah, I’m fine.”

Justin walked into the bathroom and stood behind her. He wrapped his arms around her waist, pulling her close to him.

“Everything okay with Randy?” she asked, her voice cracked.

He nodded before leaning in to kiss the back of her neck lightly, his face burying into her hair. Tara sighed at his touch and leaned back against him.

Justin’s hand started to rub her sides lightly, tightening his arms around her waist.

“I love this dress on you.” he commented.

She closed her eyes and let out a breathy sigh at his touch. His lips began to leave small kissed on her neck, moving down to her shoulder and collarbone.

Although Tara loved the attention, something was nagging at her.

“Are you upset with me?” she blurted out.

Justin stopped his movements. He looked at the mirror and saw Tara looking back at him. He could see liquid building up in her eyes, and he turned her quickly so she was facing him.

“Why would I be upset with you?” he asked.

Tara looked at his eyes for a minute, before looking down. Justin brought his hand to her face cupping her cheek and made her look at him.

“No, Tara I’m not upset with you,” he said firmly. “He just caught me off guard that’s all.”

“You don’t have to keep the jacket,” she said. “I can take it back.”

Justin didn’t respond so she kept talking.

“When I care about people, I buy them things,” she began to explain. “I have the money to get things people can’t always get for themselves; it’s just how I express my love for them.”

“It’s not about the jacket,” he said firmly.

“Then what?” Tara asked starting to tear up again. “Was it what Roger said?”

A tear leaked out of her eye and fell down her cheek. Justin reached up and wiped it away before leaning in to kiss her forehead. She sighed as she leaned against him and hugged him close. Justin wrapped his arms around her, holding her close. He moved them from the bathroom into the room and toward the bed.

“Let’s lie down and relax a little huh?” He asked.

She nodded before sitting down on the bed, moving toward the headboard. Justin kicked off his shoes and got into the bed as well. They both lay down on the bed; Justin behind her holding her close, as Tara snuggled into his embrace.

After a few minutes of silence, Tara spoke up again.

“You know I won’t force anything on you,” Tara said.

“Tar, stop,” Justin said firmly.

She turned quickly to face him and Justin moved his hands from her waist to her face again and held her face as he pressed his lips to hers lightly. Tara groaned into the kiss moving herself closer to him, wrapping her arms around his neck pulling him to her. Their kiss started out lightly at first, but deepened as Justin laid himself over Tara.

They broke the kiss panting looking at each other.

“I love you just the way you are,” Justin whispered. “Don’t let anyone make you change.”

Tara leaned up and pressed her lips firmly against Justin’s once more. It was safe to say that Roger was not on their mind the rest of the night.
End Notes:
Comments? Questions? E-mail me at Spacey1141@hotmail.com
Chapter 20 by Sassy Spacey
Author's Notes:
Sorry, sorry SORRY!! I know, I know. There is no excuse. Thank you for continuing to read even though you might have to read the chapter before to remember what's going on. This one is long though to make up for it :) I hope you're still enjoying it. Sorry about the wait. It's my birthday in a day so I thought I'd post it now. Happy Birthday to me :) Let me know what you think :)
Chapter 20

Justin woke up hearing the constant sound of passing cars and horns going off on the street below outside the hotel room window. He wasn’t used to all the noise and it had woken him up out of a sound sleep.

He was about to lift himself up to look around the room when he felt pressure on his chest. Remembering where he was, he looked down and saw Tara resting against his chest. She had her left arm wrapped around his waist, hugging him tightly as her head rested on his chest.

He sighed and lay back against the pillows, his hand moving up and down her back softly. He looked up at the ceiling as he continued to listen to the busy street below him.

He thought about what had happened last night at the club; the things that Roger had said. He thought maybe he didn’t know Tara as well as he thought he did. She couldn’t really be that way could she? He was sure Roger was just saying those things because he was jealous that she had moved on. But how could he be sure?

Thinking about all these things worked his brain into overdrive, and he eventually fell back asleep. He was snapped out of his sleep once again by a persistent beeping noise coming from the bedside table closest to Tara. He heard her grown and rolled away from him as she reached for the alarm clock and pressed the snooze button.

She snuggled back closer to Justin, hugging him tightly.

“Time to get up?” Justin asked his eyes still closed.

“Mmmm,” she mumbled. “Five minutes.”

He chuckled and rubbed her back lightly as he tried to stay awake this time.

“Did you sleep okay?” she asked. “You kept moving around last night.”

He leaned down and kissed the top of her head. “The traffic was keeping me awake,” he said.

She giggled. “It takes some getting used too,” she mumbled.

After a moment of silence Justin spoke up. “So, what are you doing today?” Justin asked.

“Mmm, I have the TRL thing and a radio spot afterwards,” she replied.

“That’s it?” he asked surprised.

She laughed. “For the morning,” she said. “Then there’s a signing in the late afternoon.”

“You and Tyler?” he asked.

Tara turned and looked at him, sitting up. “Well, he’s in the movie with me,” she said.

There was silence for a while before Tara sighed and made a move to get out of the bed. She found Justin’s shirt from the night before lying on the end of the bed and reaching for it slipping it onto her body as she sat on the edge of the bed. Justin reached for her holding onto her waist and pulling her back into the bed.

“Wait, wait” he said.

Tara fell back against the bed but tried to get his hands loose from around her waist. Justin held onto her though, turning her so that she was facing him almost pulling her on top of him.

“Stop it,” she said. “I have to get ready.”

“I’m sorry,” Justin said watching her.

She sighed. “You knew what this weekend was about. I never lied to you about it.”

“You’re right,” he said. “I’m sorry.”

She sighed and leaned her forehead against his, and leaned in to press her lips against his lightly.

“Wanna take a shower with me?” she asked with a smile.

Justin smirked and leaned in to kiss her lips once again. They got up and raced to the bathroom.

-*-

About 45 minutes later, both Tara and Justin had showered and changed and left the hotel room and walked down the hall hand in hand. Everyone else had been waiting at the elevators for them, talking amongst themselves. Tyler was the first to spot them.

“Hey guys,” he said with a smile.

Tara smiled. “Morning,” she said.

Once they reached them, Hannah reached for the elevator button pressing the down arrow.

“How was the club?” Tyler asked.

“Good, we had fun,” Tara responded.

The elevator arrived and they all got in and made small talk as they walked through the lobby and into the waiting SUV. Surprisingly there hadn’t been a crowd in front of the hotel so they made it to the car with no problems. Justin and Tara took their usual seats in the back, while Hannah and Tyler sat in the middle seats and Teddy in the passenger seat. The started their drive through the busy streets of New York.

About an hour later, Tara and Justin were sitting in one of the green rooms of the MTV studio. Hannah had gone out in the hall to make a phone call, and Teddy was standing guard outside the door. Tyler was getting his make-up done and being prepped by the producers.

Tara and Justin were snuggled together on one of the couches.

“Do you want Hannah to take you around?” Tara asked turning to look up at Justin, resting her chin on his chest.

Justin remained quiet, and he looked down at her.

“Maybe find something for Randy?” she asked.

“I thought you wanted to help me,” he said.

“I do,” she replied, “but I don’t want you to be bored here waiting for me.”

He shrugged but didn’t reply. She pouted and reached up to kiss his lips lightly. Justin held her close to him as he kissed her back. They broke the kiss and looked at each other.

“Why don’t we have dinner at my place tonight,” she suggested.

Justin looked at her questioningly and that caused Tara to laugh. “I told you I had an apartment didn’t I?” she asked.

“I think so,” he replied with a smile.

“Well, I do,” she said. “We’ll have to get take out because I don’t have a thing there, but we can do it.”

“Okay,” he said. “That sounds good.”

Tara smiled and leaned in to kiss him again. Soon there was a knock on the door and Teddy poked his head in.

“They’re ready for you Tara,” he said.

“Thanks Teddy,” she replied.

He closed the door and she leaned in and pressed her lips to his once more. “I’ll see you when I finish,” she said.

She got up and walked out of the door giving him one more wave and Teddy walked her down the hallway toward the make-up area. After 20 minutes, Tyler and Tara were waiting to be introduced by the VJ. The group in the studio was excited and giggly. Finally, the VJ announced them and Tara and Tyler walked out onto the small stage.

The event was a success. Tyler and Tara answered a few questions about the movie and their upcoming projects. They took some questions from the audience which consisted of questions about their love lives and about their co-stars. Tara neither confirmed nor denied her relationship with Justin hoping he wouldn’t be upset about it but she confirmed her relationship with Roger was indeed over. Tyler got the same questions and did his best to answer them.

Pretty soon the show ended and they stayed around to sign some autographs and take some pictures with the fans. After that, they headed back to the green room. Hannah and Justin had been in conversation when they stepped into the room.

“Off to the next adventure,” Tyler said as he held open the door for both Hannah and Justin.

Teddy led the way down the hall as Hannah and Tyler followed and Tara and Justin brought up the rear. They reached the waiting SUV and got in taking their usual seats.

“So, what did you think?” Tara asked rubbing Justin’s hand lightly.

“It was good,” he said looking at her with a small smile. She knew he had watched it in the green room. “There were a lot of fans there,” he commented.

“Oh man, that’s nothing,” Tyler said. “Just wait and see what the autograph signing is going to be like.”

Tara sighed and leaned forward to smack the back of his head. He just chuckled and rubbed his head.

“It’s gonna be fine,” Tara said, leaning her head on Justin’s shoulder.

Justin kissed her hand lightly causing her to smile and snuggle closer to him. They were in the car another half hour before they reached the radio station. There was a small crowd waiting for them. Hannah and Justin went in first followed by Tara and Tyler with Teddy following them. Tara and Tyler signed a few autographs and took a few pictures before heading inside. They were led to a waiting room and began to talk to the producer before getting ready for the show.

-*-

The day continued on quickly. After the radio spot, they broke for lunch. They headed to a small place and grabbed a booth in the back. Much to Tara’s surprise, Markus had been there waiting for them. He was introduced to Justin and they all sat together to eat.

“So, what do you do again Justin?” Markus asked as they munched on an appetizer.

“I’m a varsity basketball coach,” Justin replied.

“I see,” he said. “Does that keep you busy?”

Tara coughed and kicked Markus under the table. Markus hissed and mouthed, “Oww,” before chuckling and giving Tara a wink.

“It keeps me pretty busy,” Justin answered not noticing Markus’ and Tara’s interaction. “Randy keeps me busy too.”

“Randy?” Markus asked.

Tara growled. Markus knew full well who Randy was.

“My son,” Justin said.

“Oh, that’s right, your son,” he replied with a sly smile.

Tara shook her head sitting back against the booth and crossed her arms over her chest. Tyler watched her carefully, and then watched Markus and Justin as they continued their conversation. Tara looked at Tyler, “Help!” she mouthed. Tyler nodded drinking a sip of his drink then spoke up.

“Markus, did you check out the baseball game last night?” Tyler asked.

That started them in a conversation about sports. Tara sighed and reached for Justin’s hand, holding it on her lap. Hannah had been messing with her phone again.

“Who are you talking too?” Tara asked.

Hannah looked up at them. “Huh?” she asked.

“Are you talking to Trace?” Tara asked with a smile.

Hannah rolled her eyes causing Tara to giggle.

“Oh, Justin and I are gonna have dinner at my place tonight,” Tara said.

“Are you gonna stay the night?” Hannah asked.

“Probably,” Tara said. “We’ve got to go shopping tomorrow to get Randy some stuff.”

Hannah nodded her approval.

“We don’t have anything tomorrow right?” Tara asked. “Just the flight?”

“Yup,” she replied. “Our flight is at 8 p.m., but we should be there at 6:30.”

Tara nodded. “Okay, do you think you could take Justin to the hotel to pack our stuff while we’re doin’ the autograph signing?”

“That’s fine,” Hannah said. “As long as Teddy stays with you.”

“Of course.”

They finalized their plans for the night. Hannah would take Justin to the hotel to pack then head back to the autograph signing in time to pick up Tara. Soon enough it was time to head out to the autograph singing. Tara hugged Markus goodbye with a promise of a phone call later and the rest of them got into the waiting SUV.

They reached the destination of the signing and got out and talked to the organizer of the event. Tara gave Justin a tight hug and kiss on the cheek before heading with Tyler toward the table where they would be sitting.

“Thanks for the Markus thing,” Tara said. “He can be such a jerk sometimes.”

Tyler smiled and wrapped an arm around her shoulders, hugging her close. “Anything for you Tar,” he winked.

Tara laughed nudging his side but didn’t leave his embrace as they continued walking. Justin watched them walk away before turning to Hannah.

“I gotta make a phone call,” he said.

Hannah nodded watching him walk away.

-*-

About halfway through the signing Hannah and Justin headed back to the hotel to pack up their bags. Hannah packed too and was planning to head back to her apartment for the night. Once they had everything packed into the SUV they headed back to where the signing was being held. They didn’t have to wait long before they all headed back to the SUV. The car drove around dropping everyone off at their respective areas, Justin and Tara were first.

“Call if you head anywhere,” Teddy warned.

“Yes sir,” Tara replied with a smile. “Have fun!”

He chuckled.

“I’ll see you tomorrow,” Hannah said.

Tara nodded. She and Justin grabbed their luggage and headed into the tall building. The door was being held open for them by the doorman.

“Hello Ricky,” Tara said. “Thank you.”

The older gentlemen smiled at her. “You’re welcoming Miss. Tara,” he said.

Tara walked in followed by Justin and they headed to the elevator.

“Don’t you have to get your mail?” Justin asked as they passed a room with small mailboxes in it.

Tara shook her head. “Lexi grabs it for me and sends it to Tennessee,” she replied.

They reached the elevators and Tara pressed the up button and waited.

“So, this is home huh?” Justin asked as he glanced around the lobby of the apartment building.

“For almost a year now,” she nodded.

The elevator arrived, and they got in heading up to the top floor. Once they reached it Tara dug into her purse and grabbed her keys. She unlocked her door and pushed it open. She walked in, immediately going to the left side putting her password in for her alarm system and turning on the light. Justin walked in and was in awe of what he saw. The place was top of the line. There were high ceilings and wooden floors.

Tara turned to him with a smile, “So, what do you think?”

He looked at her, “This place is huge.”

She laughed and dropped her purse off on the side table in the foyer. She reached for his hand.

“C’mon, I’ll show you around,” she said.

She walked him around the apartment showing him the kitchen, living room and down the hall toward the master bedroom. Once they were done Tara and Justin grabbed their bags and put them in her bedroom.

“So, what do you wanna do for dinner?” she asked.

He shrugged and went to look out her bedroom window at the city life below. Tara went behind him and hugged him close burying her face in his back. Justin smiled and rested his hands on her arms.

“Are you tired?” he asked.

“A little,” she responded. “There’s only so much high-pitched screaming a girl can take.”

He laughed. “Tyler was sure eating it up,” he replied.

She rolled her eyes. “Yeah, he’s like that.”

She sighed and headed back to the bed and sat down. “So,” she said leaning back on her arms.

Justin turned to look at her and smirked. He walked over and stood in front of her and she looked up at him.

“You talk to Randy today?” she asked.

He chuckled. “I wouldn’t mention Randy right now,” he said and leaned down to kiss her lips lightly.

Tara smiled and grabbed a hold of his shirt pulling him down on top of her.

-*-

After lying together for a while, Tara declared she was starving and needed food. She pulled a reluctant Justin out of bed and they put on their PJs before heading into the living room. Tara told him to pick out a movie while she ordered dinner. She decided on some Chinese and grabbed a bottle of wine and two glasses carrying them into the living room. Justin was still looking through her DVD collection when she came in.

“Find anything?” she asked.

He looked at her, “Hmm,” he said pulling out a box. “How about this one?”

He held up a DVD for her to see. It was her first movie. Tara grimaced causing Justin to chuckle.

“What?” he asked.

“It’s not very good,” she warned.

He shrugged and popped open the case. Tara sighed and got up walking toward him. “Really?” she asked. “That’s what you wanna watch?”

He nodded with a smile. She laughed and walked over to the DVD surround-sound system and popped the DVD inside. Justin went back over to the couch and they sat down on the couch together.

They got about 20 minutes in before the Chinese food arrived and Tara got up to grab it. After tipping the guy she brought the bag into the living room setting it down on the coffee table. She headed back into the kitchen to grab some utensils.

“Babe, you’re missing this!” Justin called.

Tara laughed. “Honey, I’m in it. I’ve seen it,” she said.

She walked back into the living room with some forks and napkins and sat down next to him digging into the bag and pulling out a carton of orange chicken and sat back watching him as he watched her on the screen.

Pretty soon most of the Chinese food had been eaten and the movie had ended. Tara got up to take the DVD out and put it back in its case.

“So?” she asked with a smile.

“It was good,” he replied.

She watched him a minute. “I don’t believe you,” she said.

He chuckled. “Why not?” he asked. “I’ve never lied to you.”

She put the case back into her cabinet and made her way back over to him. She sat back down next to him, leaning close to him.

“So, where do you wanna look for Randy’s gift at?” she asked. “Have you thought about what you wanted to get him?”

Justin shrugged. “What do you think?” he asked.

“Hmm, oh!” she said with a smile. “How about some basketball gear?”

“That might be good,” he said.

“I know the perfect place to get some Jordan’s,” she said.

“He doesn’t need Jordan’s,” Justin said.

“Aww, c’mon please let me get them,” she pouted.

She started to move onto his lap, straddling his legs as her arms moved to his neck. Justin watched her, his hands moving to her legs and rubbing them lightly.

“I know he’ll love them, please,” she said moving in to kiss his neck lightly.

He sighed closing his eyes. When Tara pouted and begged she could get away with anything.

“I don’t want him to get spoiled,” he said sighing.

“You don’t spoil him all the time,” she argued. “Let me get these for him. Please?”

Justin let out a final sigh, and Tara knew she had won. She squealed and moved to face him and kissed him deeply.

“Thank you,” she mumbled. “Mmm. I love you.”

Justin tightened his hold on her, deepening the kiss and moving his hands up to her hair.

“You have no idea what it means to me to hear you say that,” he whispered looking into her brown eyes.

She looked into his blue ones noticing their darkening shade and got off his lap holding out her hand. He chuckled watching her.

“C’mon, to bed we go,” she said reaching for his hand.

“Don’t you want to clean up first?” he stood.

She shook her head no with a smile and made her way out of the living room and toward her bedroom dragging him along with her. They enjoyed their last night in New York together.
End Notes:
Comments? Questions? E-mail me at Spacey1141@hotmail.com
Chapter 21 by Sassy Spacey
Author's Notes:
It’s been forever and a day. Sorry once again. No excuses, just a busy life and a little bit of writers block. Summer is here though and I have no school for a couple months. So I will try and get this story finished. I have an outline, just gotta get the ideas to write the chapters. Thanks for those of you who are still reading! I appreciate it a lot!!! Drop me a line and let me know what you think. Thanks Christine for continuing to look over the chapters, even though your mind is elsewhere sometimes. :-D
Chapter 21:

Justin slept much better the second night then the first. He could ignore the traffic much easier and it helped that they were on the eighteenth floor. He woke up before Tara and noticed the sun coming through the curtains of her massive windows. Justin rolled over and snuggled closer to her, hiding his face into the back of her neck and wrapping his arms around her tightly.

Tara felt Justin stirring and opened her eyes slowly when his arms wrapped around her. She sighed sleepily and snuggled back against him.

“Are you awake?” he mumbled against her neck.

“Yeah,” she replied. “Did you sleep better?”

“Much better,” he said.

She smiled sleepily, “good.”

They were silent for a minute, as their breathing became deeper and sleep started to take over their bodies again. A few minutes after they had fallen back asleep, the alarm clock blared from Tara’s bedside. She smacked at it and moved back under the covers.

“What time is it?” Justin asked still holding her close.

“Mmm,” she groaned sleepily. “Nine.”

Even though they had gotten into bed early, they didn’t fall asleep until almost three in the morning.

“Too early,” he responded.

Tara giggled and turned herself in his arms to face him. She leaned forward and kissed his forehead lightly, watching him as his eyes opened slowly. She couldn’t help herself and leaned forward to press her lips to his lightly. Justin’s arms wrapped around her waist as he moved himself onto his back and pulled her on top of him.

She giggled watching him before speaking up. “We should get ready if we’re going to shop,” she said.

Justin responded by rolling her back onto her back as he laid over her, supporting his weight with his arms and leaned down to kiss her neck lightly, moving down to her collarbone.

“We don’t need to shop,” he mumbled against her skin.

Tara giggled and reached up to run her hands through his hair, bringing his face back up and looked at him. “C’mon, you promised,” she said.

He pouted, which only caused her to giggle again and she leaned forward to capture his lips in another kiss. She broke the kiss and wiggled out from under him, reaching for the nearest piece of clothing which happened to be his T-shirt from last night. She slipped it on and made her way toward the connected bathroom. Justin waited until he heard the shower door close before slipping out of the covers and joining her.

-*-

Tara got a hold of Teddy and he was at her place at 11 o’clock. They climbed into the back of the SUV and headed to the small shopping area Tara had been talking about the night before. They made small talk with Teddy on the drive over and once they reached the shopping area Teddy stayed close by. They walked hand in hand and from store to store through the strip mall. Tara got Randy his shoes while Justin picked up a few things for him. They also got some little things for his parents, Susan, Andrew and Trace. After shopping most of the afternoon, they stepped for lunch at a small café before heading back to Tara’s place.

They lounged around the apartment after packing up their stuff and waited for Hannah to call and let them know she was downstairs. Justin was lying across the couch with Tara cuddled to his side and rubbing her back lightly.

“Are you ready to go home?” she asked.

“Kind of,” he shrugged, “mostly because I miss Randy.”

“We should bring him next time,” she suggested with a smile.

She moved her chin to rest on his chest and looked at him. He opened one eye and looked down at her, and she giggled.

“No?” she asked.

He smiled. The fact that she mentioned them coming out again made him smile. She thought about him in her future and he liked that. She watched him and giggled nervously when he didn’t respond.

“What?” he asked.

She leaned forward and kissed him deeply. He pulled her close to him and felt her legs begin to straddle his thighs when her cell phone rang loudly on the coffee table.

Tara broke the kiss with a sigh and leaned her forehead against his. “Even when we are away we aren’t really,” she said.

She reached for the phone and answered it; Hannah was downstairs waiting. They got up and grabbed their bags. Tara locked up her place and they made their way down the elevator to the waiting car. They climbed in and drove toward the airport.

“Are you ready to go home?” Tyler asked Justin as they all got settled into the car.

“It has been nice to see something new,” Justin replied not really answering the question. What business was it of his anyway?

“What did you guys do last night?” Tyler asked. “Hit up the clubs?”

Tara rolled her eyes and shook her head no. “We got Chinese and watched a movie,” she answered.

“Which one?” Tyler asked.

“The Bend,” Justin replied.

Tyler chuckled. “Who’s idea was that?” he asked knowing full well what the movie had been.

“Mine,” he replied. “I liked it.”

Tyler chuckled again, mumbling something under his breath and Tara reached over and smacked his head.

“Oww geez!” Tyler rubbed his head. “You know you’ve done that like 10 times since this trip started.”

“Then stop being a jerk,” she replied.

“I was just sayin’,” he argued. “Gosh, defensive much?”

“Tyler, do you really want me to hit you again?” Tara asked.

“You two need to chill,” Hannah said turning to look at them. “We’ve got a five hour flight ahead of us.”

That cause both Tara and Tyler to be quiet. Tara leaned against Justin taking a hold of his hand as she looked out the window at the passing city. They reached the airport sometime later. There was only a small crowd which consisted of a few photographers but it was nothing like it had been when they had arrived. Teddy told them to follow the same formation they used upon arriving: Hannah and Justin first, then Tara and Tyler and Teddy bringing up the back.

Once they were safely inside they headed toward security and were able to get through quickly before being escorted to a private waiting room. Tyler headed off to find something to eat while Hannah went to call Markus with an update. Tara and Justin were sitting in one corner of the room while Teddy patrolled the area.

“You gonna see Randy tonight?” she asked resting her head on his shoulder as he wrapped his arm around her shoulders.

“I don’t know,” he replied. “It might be late and he has school tomorrow.”

“I don’t think Susan would mind if you tucked him in,” she replied.

He shrugged.

“I don’t know about you, but I sure missed him,” she said. “He would love New York don’t you think?”

Justin looked down at her and smiled. He kissed the top of her head hugging her close to him. “He would love it here,” Justin agreed. “He’d get a kick out of your place.”

She laughed. “You think Susan would let him come?” she asked.

“She might,” he replied.

Tyler came back a few minutes later and sat down across from them, snacking on some chips.

“Is that the best thing here?” Tara asked him.

He smiled at her. “Yup,” he replied.

There was silence for a while before Tyler spoke up again.

“So we’ve got about a month and a half left,” he started. “Have you guys talked about what you’re gonna do?”

Tara tried her best not to blow up at him for bringing up the subject. She and Justin had been pretty good about ignoring the pink elephant in the room but as time went on it was going to get harder and harder. It was something that needed to be discussed.

Tara reached for Justin’s hand and held it tightly as she turned back to Tyler who had been watching them closely. He seemed to get the hint and went back to crunching on his chips. Tara sighed and leaned her head on Justin’s shoulder.

They waited for an hour or so before the plane was ready for them to board. Teddy walked them toward the terminal.

Tara hugged him tightly. “Bye Teddy thanks for watching over us,” she said.

He grinned and hugged her back. “Of course kiddo,” he said. “Be safe out there and I’ll see you soon huh?”

Tara nodded. Teddy reached over and shook hands with Justin. “You take care of her huh?” he asked.

Justin nodded. “Of course,” he replied.

Tara and Justin headed onto the plane first, followed by Tyler and Hannah after they had said goodbye to Teddy. They sat in the same spots as before: Tyler near the front, Hannah in the middle seats and Tara and Justin in the back.

The flight seemed to be longer on the way back then it was there. By the time they got back it was almost 11 o’clock and Justin decided he wouldn’t go to see Randy until tomorrow. He sent Susan a text letting her knew he would pick him up from school and take him for a few days.

Once the plane landed, they all exited and headed to a waiting SUV. They were going to head to the bungalows, and Tara would drive Justin home from there. It still had been undecided whether Tara would stay the night with Justin or head back to the bungalows because she had an early day tomorrow.

Tara drove in silence, like most of the trip back home. Something had been nagging at them both and as much as they didn’t want to admit it, they both knew what it was. Tyler’s words had stirred them. Tara would be leaving in a month and a half. What would happen then?

Tara pulled into Justin’s driveway, beside his truck and put the car into park.

“Are you going to stay?” he asked looking at her.

Tara looked at him then at the house, before turning back to him. “I probably shouldn’t,” she replied. “I’ve got to be up at six.”

He nodded in understanding. She reached over and took his hand, causing him to look at her.

“I had a great time this weekend,” he spoke. “Thank you for inviting me.”

She smiled. “I enjoyed the company,” she replied. “Thank you for coming.”

She leaned over and pressed her lips to his lightly. Justin lifted his other hand to hold Tara’s cheek lightly as he deepened the kiss.

They broke it a minute later, Justin leaning toward her. “Are you sure you don’t want to spend the night?” he smirked.

Tara giggled and reached over the console to hug him tightly, burying her face in his neck. Justin rubbed her back lightly and held her tight.

“Have a good time with Randy tomorrow,” she whispered. “Don’t let him open the shoes until I can see okay?”

He nodded with a laugh. They got out of the car as Tara popped the trunk so he could get his bags out. She helped carry them to the doorstep and waited for Justin to open the door. They slipped his things inside before Tara reached up and hugged him again tightly, wrapping her arms around his neck. Justin hugged her back wrapping his arms around her waist. She broke the hug and looked up at him, standing on her toes to kiss his lips lightly.

“You should get going,” he smiled. “You have an early day.”

She nodded. “I’ll call you okay?”

“Okay, be careful,” he said. “Text me when you get back.”

She smiled. “I will, love you,” she said.

“Love you too,” he returned the smile.

She walked down the steps and got into her car. Justin waited until she drove down the road before he walked into the house. He left everything where it was; too jet lagged to care and walked into his bedroom. He changed quickly before lying down on the bed and waited for Tara’s text.

Tara got back to the bungalows a few minutes later. She tried to keep herself from thinking about the awkwardness that just occurred. She chocked it up to them being tired and decided to not think about it anymore.

Hannah sat on the couch with her laptop on her lap typing furiously when Tara walked in.

“Aren’t you exhausted?” Tara asked as she kicked off her shoes.

“I am, but I gotta make sure Markus knows what is going on,” Hannah replied as she continued to type.

Tara rolled her eyes; Markus was not her best friend right now.

“You didn’t want to stay?” Hannah asked her.

Tara shook her head. “I have to wake up at the butt crack of dawn,” she replied.

Hannah giggled. “Oh,” she replied.

Tara then walked to her room. “See you in the morning,” she replied.

“Night,” Hannah responded.

Tara closed the door and changed into a long T-shirt before lying in her bed. She pulled out her cell phone and sent Justin a quick text before putting her phone back on the night stand and turning over falling into a dreamless sleep.
End Notes:
Comments? Questions? E-mail me at Spacey1141@hotmail.com
This story archived at http://nsync-fiction.com/archive/viewstory.php?sid=994