Past Featured StorySummary:

Corporate drone Serena Willis is living an existence that seems just fine, until she meets a celebrity on a flight to LA. Not just any celebrity, but one she's been dreaming about meeting for a long time. Trapped together as they fly to LA, they begin to talk and sparks fly. Serena takes a chance, and they hit it off. But will this be just a weekend fling, or is this more than they bargained for?


Rated: NC-17
Categories: Completed Het Stories Characters: JC Chasez
Awards: Season 5, Season 6, Season 8
Genres: Romance
Series: None
Chapters: 70 Completed: Yes
Word count: 557241 Read: 396230
Published: Jan 29, 2009 Updated: Feb 22, 2011
Send To: Printer or Microsoft Word
Story Notes:

This story won three awards in Season 6 of the NSYNC-FICTION awards! Thanks everyone! 

stories/1513/images/StorySpotlight.jpg stories/1513/images/BrilliantDialogue.jpgstories/1513/images/ImpressiveCharacterizationJC.jpg


 

1. Something In The Air (pt1) by MissM [Comments - 17] starstarstarstarstar (6464 words)

Though she's deathly afraid to fly, Serena has been sent to LA to pitch her company's new product. By some stroke of luck, she ends up next to someone who's been an idol since her teenage years. Sparks fly in the air, and he makes her an offer she can't refuse.

*

2. Something In The Air (pt2) by MissM [Comments - 1] (3709 words)

Part 2 of CH1.

*

3. Secrets (Pt 1) by MissM [Comments - 0] (5964 words)
It's another day in the best weekend of her life. Serena reveals a secret, something she shares in common with him, and every fan's dream comes true.

4. Secrets (Pt2) by MissM [Comments - 6] (5944 words)
CH2 Part 2- my chapters were too long and it cut off the end.

5. The Day After Next (Pt1) by MissM [Comments - 1] (5464 words)

6. The Day After Next (Pt 2) by MissM [Comments - 3] (5894 words)

7. Mum's The Word (Pt1) by MissM [Comments - 1] (5984 words)
Serena is back home, back to life, back to reality. Now, what?

8. Mum's The Word (Pt2) by MissM [Comments - 8] (5661 words)

9. The Fantasy and the Reality by MissM [Comments - 3] (6428 words)
A short-ish chapter to keep the story moving. It's a good day in Atlanta and her turn to show him around.I love reviews! Please let me know how you liked it (or didn't) and what worked (and what didn't). Thanks for reading. ***

10. 300 by MissM [Comments - 4] (9063 words)
Continuation of JC's visit to Atlanta. They hit a bump, endure a snag. Is it already over, or will they hang on and ride it out? **

11. California, Here I Come (Pt 1) by MissM [Comments - 0] (6427 words)
A return to where it all began, but different-- moving foward.

12. California, Here I Come (Pt 2) by MissM [Comments - 0] (2561 words)
Part 2 of this chapter. I'm just too wordy! :) *

13. Irritating the Demons (Pt 1) by MissM [Comments - 1] (5836 words)
JC and Serena reach a pinnacle point and JC starts to share the Him he wants her to know.

14. Irritating the Demons (Pt 2) by MissM [Comments - 3] (2921 words)

Just finishing up the chapter *

 

15. Chapter 15 by MissM [Comments - 2] (8913 words)

This chapter --and perhaps the next one, sets a little bit of a foundation for things to come later. The relationship is budding and people are starting to find out. JC returns to Atlanta to see Serena. The reunion is great!

~

16. Chapter 16 by MissM [Comments - 3] (9234 words)

I gave up naming the chapters, lol *In one night, so many surprises and changes. Things are said that weren't meant to be said, and there is a discernable shift in the relationship.*

 

17. Chapter 17 by MissM [Comments - 5] (9087 words)

18. Chapter 18 by MissM [Comments - 4] (8949 words)

19. Chapter 19 by MissM [Comments - 5] (9242 words)
So, some things about this chapter were bugging me, specifically the end, so I rewrote it. It was causing me to not be able to move on, so hopefully now I can.

20. Chapter 20 by MissM [Comments - 6] (9135 words)
Oh so much happens, so little time to explain it! Serena's new friend turns into a love connection for someone close to JC, it's almost time for Serena to meet her dad and her grandparents, and then...*zips lip*you don't. want. to miss this chapter! As a side note, I rewrote the ending of the previous chapter, I think it reads better, please checkitout! ~

21. Chapter 21 by MissM [Comments - 3] (9739 words)
It is the moment Serena has been waiting for all her life. In the span of one long day, her life changes and JC is there to share the whole experience with her.

22. Chapter 22 by MissM [Comments - 2] (10369 words)
It's Serena's last week in LA, and try as he might, JC can't seem to make it a special time for them.  Serena is torn between two coasts and a heavy decision weighs on her mind. Special appearance by Mr Bass in this chapter! Enjoy!

23. Chapter 23 by MissM [Comments - 1] (9863 words)

Serena is back home in Atlanta-- happy to be there, but part of her heart lives on the West Coast. She's got a big decision to make-- should she follow her friend's advice and keep it to herself, or put it all on the line and hope for the best? Things may be happening for JC--he's in NY for a meeting and invites Serena for some fun & relaxation and a belated birthday celebration.

24. Chapter 24 by MissM [Comments - 2] (10296 words)
The big question still hangs in the air as JC and Serena explore New York. Even happy relationships have their rocky moments and have to be reminded to take care of each other's feelings.

25. Chapter 25- Part 1 by MissM [Comments - 1] (9324 words)

This chapter is a two parter-- I'll post part one this week and part two in a few days. JC is back in Atlanta to visit Serena. There's work to be done, good news to be shared, and JC's about to meet the two most important people in Serena's life-- her parents. Is he ready? Will they love him?

26. Chapter 25 Part 2! by MissM [Comments - 5] (8999 words)

Continuation of the previous chapter. Serena finally bites the bullet and brings JC around to meet the family, including her parents. Things go over well, but the jig is up and the big secret is out. Does JC survive meeting Serena'soverprotective father? How does the family react to the news that Serena is moving away? 

27. Chapter 26 by MissM [Comments - 5] (9070 words)

Mkay, so before people start rioting in the streets... I have an update! 

When we last left our lovers, they'd had a fabulous weekend at a peaceful home on the Lake. JC was a big hit with the family, but when he's asked to meet with Serena's dad, he's not sure if *everyone* is such a big fan. Lots of great moments in this chapter, and UH OH.... someone screws up.

28. Chapter 27 by MissM [Comments - 6] (9543 words)

This is one of those chapters where I sit back and stare at it and I'm so damn proud of myself. This is probably my favorite chapter, besides Serena meeting her dad. in the last chapters, our lovers are faced with infidelity and heartbreak and the entire relationship is up in the air. Is JC going to be able to work his way back into Serena's heart? Is Serena still moving to LA? All these questions and more in this chapter! Enjoy and please let me know if/how you liked it!

*

29. Chapter 28 by MissM [Comments - 0] (9122 words)

Just when Serena thought it was safe to move on, her own inner issues and insecurities bubble to the surface as a result of JC's "mistake", culminating in a point blank question to him-- Do you want this? Continued in another chapter b/c it won't post the entire thing.

*

30. Chapter 28, cont'd by MissM [Comments - 5] (3578 words)
The ending of the previous chapter. Three minutes makes a big difference

31. Chapter 29 by MissM [Comments - 2] (10783 words)

Mmmmmmm. What a great chapter. I like this one. Surprise visit from a special guest in this chapter! Serena is back in LA for the big interview, faces her fears about JC's friends, and makes a big, HUGE decision that I think readers will like. READ IT!

*

32. Chapter 30 by MissM [Comments - 3] (10034 words)
Now that the big decision has been made, the clock is ticking! People need to be informed, plans need to be made-- house needs to be sold and packed and Serena needs to get ready for her new life!

33. Chapter 31 by MissM [Comments - 4] (8752 words)

I know, two updates in one week! You're not dreaming, it's for real!

This chapter is kind of explicit, at least the beginning, just to warn you before taking the leap. Enjoy! 

*

34. Chapter 32- Part 1 by MissM [Comments - 0] (6476 words)

As usual I am wordy and verbose, so this chapter has two parts. I also underestimated the amount of story I needed to tell before we got to the road trip but I SWEAR it's coming. SWEAR!

This is a great chapter, I think. Well... *I* like it. It's family fesitivity time! Happy Fictional Thanksgiving!  Serena meets the parents, the parents meet each other, much fun is had by all. ENJOY! 

 

35. Chapter 32- Part 2 by MissM [Comments - 1] (3808 words)
The conclusion to Chapter 32. isn't this fun?

36. Chapter 33: Road Trippin' with JC: Charleston by MissM [Comments - 3] (8883 words)
It is the beginning of the much promised Road Trip chapters! Yay. I don't want to rush through them so some chapters will be one destination, others will cover a few. All will be fun! This chapter is the start of the trip, day one on the road. JC and Serena are just starting to relax and have some fun. A different side of JC comes out--one that might scare Serena a little.

37. Chapter 34: Road Trippin W/ JC: Bowie, Baby! by MissM [Comments - 1] (4943 words)
This chapter is in two parts because there was a lot to cover! See disclaimer on part two!

38. Chapter 34: Road Trippin' it with JC: Bowie, Baby! (pt2) by MissM [Comments - 8] (7468 words)

Disclaimer--<This chapter talks a bit about (fictional) JC's life before he was adopted. Just to warn you in case you're very sensitive to that issue or don't want to read about that.  MUCH of this chapter is fictiionailzed. Some is based on reality, but much of it is posted with literary license to 'make stuff up', but I tried to be realistic in what I made up. Didn't want anyone to think I had a secret vault of information! <

This is a poignant, chapter, a climax of sorts. JC has brought Serena to a place he hasn't been in a long time, to face some demons and tell a story that maybe hasn't ever been told, out loud. It's no secret that I uhmmmmmkinda love this chapter. I hope ya'll do too! 

39. Chapter 35: Road Trippin' it: Balls & a Big Stick by MissM [Comments - 5] (9991 words)

We're still in Bowie, kids. And we're having some fun. Good news for Serena, a bet, and a sexy game of Billiards determines the next stop. Or does it? Fun chapter!

*

40. Chapter 36 | In Old New York (Pt1) by MissM [Comments - 3] (5336 words)
Don't forget to vote for this story at the NF awards, season 5!I had to split it up, so this is part 1, cont'd next!

41. Chapter 36 | In Old New York (Pt2) by MissM [Comments - 5] (4398 words)
...and part two!

42. Chapter 37: Prelude to a Rumble by MissM [Comments - 2] (2711 words)

This is a shortie, because it has important information but it was adding to the length of the chapter that follows. In order to ensure that the entire chapter that follows fits, I've cut this into a lil chunk of JC goodness.

 

Info: Same day, later that night. We all up in the club gettin' tipsy!  ~

43. Chapter 38 : Road Trippin' it with JC: A Rumble in Manhattan by MissM [Comments - 9] (9302 words)
We're still in New York, kids! It's a busy day and our lovebirds are spending it in the city! JC has planned a thrilling, fun, sexy-- and yet dorktastic day for them, that ends perfectly, just like any day with JC should. Enjoy! ~

44. Ch. 39: Road Trippin' it With JC: Learning a Lesson by MissM [Comments - 5] (9830 words)
OMFG, I KNOW! I'm trying to get back into writing mode, after a bit of a break. I did NaNoWriMo in November, in which I started my other open project. It was great, and challenging, but it burnt me out on writing. I'm still trying to force myself back into it, so if this chapter isn't all you wished and hoped for, my deepest apologies and I hope to be back to regular writing mode very soon! In the meantime, It's JC and Serena's last day in New York. They're supposed to be missing each other. I think it worked!

45. Chapter 40: Road Trippin' it with JC: Simple by MissM [Comments - 6] (9939 words)

We've left New York... awwww.... but headed to bigger and better things! Our lovable pair end up in a small town in Tennessee for the night. Some random chitchat, a serious conversation and some good lovin'. Enjoy!

_

46. Ch 40: Road Trippin' it with JC:Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler! by MissM [Comments - 0] (6547 words)
It's been awhile, I know. I've had a difficult time staying on the old writing horse, but I have finally finished this chapter. YAY! Hope you enjoy it and review! 

47. Ch 40: Road Trippin' it with JC:Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler! (pt 2) by MissM [Comments - 5] (6206 words)
Part two! 

48. Chapter 41: Road Trippin it with JC | Some by MissM [Comments - 7] (8415 words)
This is a very simple chapter but I enjoyed writing it. More N'awlins fun w/ JC! Enjoy! And uhm, please leave a review!  Thank youuuu! 

49. Chapter 42: Road Trippin' It With JC: A Little Less Conversation by MissM [Comments - 6] (9888 words)
We left things at sort of a tense point, in our last chapter. JC's need to randomly brings up the future affects Serena in a very obvious way. 

50. Ch 43: Road Trippin' it with JC| You are the Words, I am the Tune by MissM [Comments - 7] (9413 words)

Leavin' New Orleans, headed home. I amuse myself, greatly. I this chapter is pretty funny but also very sweet. Enjoy, and please review! Thank you! 

Forgot to credit Mr Neil Diamond for the inspiration for this chapter. His song Play Me  supplied the title. I didn't even realize how well it fits this story.

 

51. Chapter 44: Road Trippin' It With JC, The Final Chapter: Going Home by MissM [Comments - 7] (7663 words)
:Whew: All I can say is that I am SO HAPPY the roadtrip is over! They're home! What adventures are now in store for Serena now that she lives in LA? 

52. Chapter 45: Enlightened by MissM [Comments - 10] (9772 words)

I like this chapter. You will too. That is all. 

Just kidding! The adventures of JC and Serena continue, including JC's first therapy appointment. What does it reveal? Read it & find out! :D And please review, many thanx!  

53. Chapter 46: Merry Christmas, Part 1 by MissM [Comments - 2] (8765 words)

It's Christmas in June, or something like that! Apologies for the long wait to update, but I've got a double chapter for you, so yay! I wanted to get a bit ahead, and also concentrate on the story and not how much could fit in one entry on the archive, so I took some time to just WRITE. This chapter finally brings us to a quaint Christmas in Vail, with a wonderful special guest. Serena is faced with some tough conversations that give us some insight into how she feels and what she thinks about her relationship with JC. Hope you guys like it! And review! Thanks!  

54. Chapter 47: Merry Christmas, Part 2 by MissM [Comments - 6] (9172 words)
 

55. Chapter 48- New and Improved by MissM [Comments - 6] (9636 words)

Well aren't you guys lucky! Here I am, updating this story again. WEEE! I won't give you too much detail, just because there's a lot t read anyway, so just get to it! Just know that there is some steam in this chapter. I love these two. That's all I have to say about that. Enjoy, and PLEASE leave feedback! Many thanks! MissM

~  

56. Chapter 49 Old Hen by MissM [Comments - 5] (10336 words)

This chapter is GREAT! Lol. No, really. It's fun and sweet and a little poignant. Serena visits Regina at her new place, the "favor"is asked... is Serena up to the challenge? Later, JC meets Serena's stepsisters and whoa, momma. In comes trouble. 

Read! Review! Love! Thank you! ~ MissM 

57. Ch. 50: Brand New Day by MissM [Comments - 4] (9879 words)

This chapter hated me for about a week. Third time was the charm, though. I finally whipped it into shape, and I hope it meets the stringent standards of the archive (i.e. I hope you find it sweet and kind of hot)! Please let me know what you think and enjoy! 

~

 

58. Chapter 51: New Opportunites by MissM [Comments - 4] (9075 words)
First day jitters for JC and Serena. Her first day at work, his first day... at work. And... hJC is kind of a dope. Good thing he's cute. And I'm proud of how Serena handled his dopeness. 

59. Chapter 52: Who's Needy Now? by MissM [Comments - 6] (9318 words)
Okay so I just shot this out most of today and posting so I can stop messing with it and I hope it makes sense, cause here it goes! They still crack me up. 

60. Chapter 53: When the Cat's Away, All Hell Breaks Loose by MissM [Comments - 7] (10404 words)
JC is out on tour and life in LA becomes increasingly complicated and stressful for Serena. Also, boys are dumb, but it's not JC who's the problem this time. 

61. Chapter 54 - Trouble in Paradise by MissM [Comments - 8] (9323 words)

You've heard that saying, "It's always darkest before the dawn"? Well hold onto your seats because things are about to go dark for our lovebirds.  All I can say is... if at the end of this chapter you're pissed at them both? Mission accomplished. I'm already writing the next chapter. Don't hate me!  

62. Chapter 55: Humbled by MissM [Comments - 5] (7675 words)

So, it seems our heroine got herself into a pickle. She finally pissed JC off enough that he backed completely away from her. Can she pull her head out of her ass in time enough to save what she and JC have? Let's hope so, because I haven't been writing this story for almost two years to let her throw it away! Enjoy! 

63. Chapter 56: Not At All A Fairy Tale by MissM [Comments - 3] (10034 words)

Waaahhhh This story is almost over! But not quite yet. This chapter warms my soul. Serena puts her big girl pants on and goes after her man. But is it too late? 

64. Ch. 57: Big Seafoam Taffeta Thing by MissM [Comments - 5] (10199 words)
For people that hate when JC and Serena fight, you'll love this chapter. It's almost saccharine, though there IS an argument in this chapter when Serena learns how Melissa and JC conspired against her to make her do what she needed to do. A fun chapter to write! 

65. Chapter 58: Get Her to the Greek (Pt1) by MissM [Comments - 4] (9841 words)
Hopefully Greece won't take up too many chapters but here is part one. Enjoy!

66. Chapter 59: Get Her to the Greek Pt 2 by MissM [Comments - 0] (6395 words)
Part 1 of a two parter. This is the story of two lovers in Greece. 

67. Chapter 60: Get Her to The Greek Part 3 by MissM [Comments - 4] (5028 words)
Part 2! You hopeless romantics will love this chapter! 

68. Chapter 61: A Little Rain Must Fall by MissM [Comments - 3] (9234 words)
Oooh weee! That's all I've got to say. Some ends get tied up in this chapter, but not the ends you're thinking of! Hope you enjoy it! 

69. Chapter 62: By The Light of the Silv'ry Moon by MissM [Comments - 2] (8359 words)
The final chapter (in two parts) brings everyone together, and it also brings some things full circle for JC and Serena. There's a tiny surprise in part two-- hope you all like it. Every word means so much to me. Enjoy and please, please, leave a thought to let me know if you liked it! 

70. Ch 63: By The Light of The Silv'ry Moon (Pt 2) by MissM [Comments - 15] half-star (11227 words)