Author's Chapter Notes:
This is a long ass chapter. I didn't want to break it up because I wanted it to all be from Marissa's perspective and since the consesus says to keep both I had to put it all in one chapter. If you're a sap like me get your tissues ready!!
I felt Justin get out of bed but I didn't open my eyes. I attempted to not go to sleep last night so that this day would get here a lot slower, but once I got comfortable in Justin's arms it was impossible not to pass out. I'm dreading this day. I've come to terms with the fact that he's gone and I did everything that I could after being bitched out by Luke yesterday. He really put everything into perspective for me; my life is turning around and even though what's happening right now sucks everything else is really turning in the right direction. I had my friends who care about me, and I have Justin who is my rock. Together with those people I would get through the next couple of days and come out a stronger person.

 

I knew our relationship was about to go public, and I've mentally prepared myself for it. I've told Justin everything so he won't be shocked when reports of my past surface. Amy knows about Justin and we've talked about what might happen when all hell breaks loose and she's promised to stand by me 100%. My family was about to find out that we're dating, and I'm sure they'll have a field day doing interviews and making a profit off there daughter that they never cared about until she could make them money. The last place I needed to tell before it got out was work but there was one small problem, okay maybe two small problems. The first was that I worked for a radio station and I knew once I told them I would be hounded by them to get interviews with Justin, and subsequently be asked to do interviews for them. They would do anything to have breaking news, or an in to boost ratings. The second problem was that my immediate boss who works under Jacqui was Frankie's best friend. How could I break this to him and make him deal with a media storm at a time like this? I had planned on telling Jacqui today, but I know she's going to tell me that I have to tell Jason and I just don't want to do this to him.

 

Justin let me stay in bed. I wasn't sure what time it was exactly, but I knew it was late enough for sun to be shining in my eyes preventing me from going back to sleep. I could hear Justin on the phone talking to who I could only assume was Johnny about handling the media when they caught sight of him and I together. I heard words like Press Release, and Public Statements all to which ended with Justin saying he wasn't announcing his personal life on national television. Justin ended the phone call stating that he will be unavailable to accept calls until Thursday morning and that Johnny should deal with the situation as it comes, because "that's what you're paid to do." Soon after he got off the phone I heard pans being put on the counter and one big crash that sounded like an entire cabinet of pans had fallen on the floor. This led me to believe that Justin was attempting to cook, which meant it was time for me to get out of bed before the hotel burned to the ground. I threw on one of Justin's sweatshirts that was lying on top of his opened suitcase and walked towards the kitchen. He was on the floor attempting to pick up what looked to be at least 20 pans off the floor and had his right index finger in his mouth.

 

"You having some trouble out here?" I asked bending down to help him pick up the pans.

 

"Sorry, I didn't mean to wake you I was just trying to cook us some breakfast."

 

"Trying being the key word," I chuckled. "I was up anyway, and do you have some sort of finger sucking fetish I don't know about?"

 

"No," he replied taking his finger out of his mouth and examining it, "I burnt my damn finger on the stove." He put his hand in front of my face and his finger was swollen and beat red.

 

"Jesus Christ Justin, did you run it under cold water or anything?" I asked getting up and running over to the sink holding his finger.

 

"No, I just stuck it in my mouth and attempted to pick up these pans."

 

"I think your finger turning all shades of red should trump the pans on the floor babe," I said turning the water on freezing cold and sticking his finger under it.

 

"HOLY SHIT," he pulled his hand back and covered his finger with his left hand.

 

"Justin, leave it under the water or you're going to blister."

 

"But it hurts!"

 

"Are you 2?

 

"No"

 

"Then I think you can handle it. Leave your finger under here while I go get a first aid kit." I took about 10 steps and turned around to see Justin's finger out of the water and back in his mouth. "JUSTIN, you are a child. Put your finger back under the water." After searching the entire suite I finally found a first aid kit behind the toilet in the bathroom. Some place for a first aid kit. I walked back out into the kitchen and searched through the kit for burn ointment, which was obviously located on the bottom because why would anything be easily accessible for me today. I opened the package and squirted the gel out onto a Q-Tip. I dried his finger off with a paper towel and started putting the ointment on it. After about 10 minutes of Justin squirming and 100 oooo's and ahhh's later I was finally able to wrap his finger in gauze and hold it down with a few band-aids. "There. Now don't touch it, and I will go make breakfast for us while you clean up the rest of the pans," I said.

 

"Thanks babe," he replied kissing my nose and backing away with that smirk on his face that made me want to rip his clothes off. I walked over to the fridge and noticed it was completely stocked, something I still wasn't use to in a hotel room. I pulled out four eggs, some bacon and sausages before throwing some toast in the toaster oven. I turned around not a minute later to see Justin pulling the band-aids off and looking at his wound.

 

"JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE!"

 

"What?" he jumped knowing he got caught.

 

"Leave it alone! Don't make me tie your arms together behind your back."

 

"Sounds kinky," he said wrapping the band-aid around his finger again.

 

"Believe me, it won't be nearly as kinky as it sounds," I replied turning back to the stove. No sooner did I throw the eggs in the pan, my cell phone started ringing. "Watch these eggs," I said running to the bedroom to grab my phone, "and don't burn yourself." My phone was flashing on the nightstand and I looked down at the caller ID quickly before answering "Nicole".

 

"Hello?"

 

"Hey Ris are you still in Florida?"

 

"No, I'm home. How did you know I was in Florida?"

 

"I talked to Mom. She said you weren't coming home for the wake and funeral."

 

"Correction," I said walking back into the kitchen, "Mom told me not to stop my life and stay in Florida, so that was wishful thinking on her part."

 

"Oh well then I'll see you tonight then?" my sister asked.

 

"Yeah, I'll be there with Justin," I put my hand over my mouth just as the words came out of my mouth. I couldn't believe I let that slip.

 

"Justin who?" she asked.

 

"Uhh...Justin...my boyfriend?" It came out as a question rather then a statement. I waited for a response while elbowing Justin in the side and taking the spatula out of his hand. He was having way to much fun with the scrambled eggs.

 

"I didn't know you had a boyfriend, why didn't you tell me?"

 

"It's kind of complicated. I'll explain later," I said turning the gas off on the stove and scooping the eggs out onto two plates. Justin was singing loudly next to me buttering his toast and pouring us both some orange juice.

 

"Who the hell is singing?" she asked.

 

"That would be Justin."

 

"A singer huh? Trying to fulfill your fantasy of dating Justin Timberlake?" she asked laughing.

 

"Something like that," I replied looking up at Justin realizing again how ironic this all really is. "I'll see you tonight. Bye." I hit the end button and sat down at the table across from Justin.

 

"You're sister?" he asked.

 

"Yeah," I replied with my mouth full of toast.

 

"You are so classy," he said laughing and reaching across the table to wipe crumbs off my mouth.

 

"Thanks, I try," I said trying not to spit the rest of my food out from laughing so hard.

 

"You know what I was thinking?" he asked wiping his own mouth now.

 

"That you want nothing to do with the next two days and the thought of meeting my family makes you want to shoot yourself square in the head?"

 

"Not...quite. In fact I'm looking forward to meeting your family, at least the ones that you like. What I was actually thinking is that you would make a great Mom," he said with a dead serious face and I practically spit my juice out.

 

"You're kidding right? That was a joke?" he shook his head. "You're serious." I took a minute to let what he said register in my brain. "I've already told you that I don't want kids. I think I would do more harm then good with them. I would certainly mess them up somehow; I can't even take care of myself let alone a baby. Plus you said you didn't want kids either."

 

"You wouldn't mess them up, and you can take care of yourself. That's exactly what you've been doing for years, and maybe I'm reconsidering."

 

"What made you come to this conclusion anyway?" I asked.

 

"I don't know. Seeing you interact with Madison yesterday I guess. You just had a sparkle in your eye and a huge smile on your face, not to mention she loved you. Then this morning you turned on Mommy Mode with my finger, and you're just a caring person. I mean everything you did for your cousin and wanting to protect your friends from the media and stuff."

 

"I think you've got a few screws loose Mr. Timberlake. I have zero experience with children, that could only lead to disaster."

 

"We'll see about that," he said scraping his plate clean with his fork.

 

"Oh really? Do you have big plans to impregnate me?"

 

"Not yet," he said with a laugh getting up to put his dish in the sink, "but at some point." All I could do was roll my eyes. There was no way I was having children. I basically had no upbringing myself how the hell was I suppose to know what to do with a kid of my own. Just as I was imagining screwing up my own child, my phone rang again. "CHANGE THAT FUCKING RINGTONE!" was yelled at me from the bedroom. I looked down and saw "Jen" flashing on the screen. I still hadn't told her about Justin, but now was as good a time as any.

 

***

 

Three hours later I was walking out of my office after just telling Jacqui about Justin. Much to my surprise she said she would handle everything rather then burden Jason with it under the circumstances. She did however ask for an interview from Justin and from me, both to which I declined and asked to keep my personal life separate from my professional life. For the time being she's accepting my wishes. I told Jen too, and I think I lost some of my hearing due to the screams of excitement that came from her mouth. I was now on my way back to the hotel to get dressed and ready for the wake, something that I had been trying not to think about all day but failing miserably.

 

I walked in the door and threw the key and my bag on the kitchen counter and I was about to plop down on the couch when I looked into the bedroom and saw Justin sleeping with his laptop on his lap and cell phone in his right hand. I looked over at the clock, 2:32. We had to be at the funeral home at 4, which didn't leave us much time to get ready. I walked into the bedroom, took Justin's phone out of his hand and sat down on the bed next to him. I looked down at his computer and saw a picture of us that he took backstage at his show in Orlando on his desktop. I couldn't help but smile, and notice how happy I actually looked. Then I noticed Trace in the background giving us the finger and put my hand over my mouth so that I wouldn't laugh out loud and wake Justin. I closed the computer and put it on the nightstand next to him before curling up in a ball and placing my head on his chest. His arm immediately went around me and his lips landed on the top of my head. I knew I should have been getting ready but I didn't want to face it, and being in Justin's arms put me in my happy place.

 

"We've got to get ready," he said after a few minutes.

 

"I don't know if I can do this."

 

"I know you can do this," he replied, "and I'll be right by your side the whole time."

 

"I don't know what I'd do without you Justin."

 

"Well, you don't have to worry about that because I'm here." I looked up at him smiling before softly kissing his lips.

 

"Have I mentioned that I love you?"

 

"I have heard that statement come from your mouth a time or two," he replied rubbing my back. "Come on...time to get up and get this show on the road."

 

We both got up and started getting ready. I put on a black dress and straightened my hair. I was standing next to him in the bathroom putting my makeup on when I caught sight of him in the mirror out of the corner of my eye. He had on a classic black suit that looked like perfection on him with his curls getting longer each day. He kept tying and untying his tie not able to get it to look the way he wanted it to. I closed my mascara and grabbed his waist pulling him back a little bit before sitting on the sink in front of him and taking the tie out of his hands. It felt like silk and probably cost thousands of dollars, so I made sure I paid extra attention to what I was doing. I pulled the knot up to his neck and straightened it out before patting his chest and looking up at him.

 

"Where'd you learn how to do that?"

 

"Frankie taught me," I said feeling my eyes start to water, "plus I'm classy remember?" trying to lighten to mood so that the tears wouldn't fall. He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me close to him leaning his cheek on the top of my head. I breathed in his scent and closed my eyes paying attention to his heartbeat and his breathing. We stayed like that for a few minutes, neither one of us saying anything. He knew exactly what I needed when I needed it; it was almost like he was in my head.

 

"You know it's okay to cry," he said softly without letting go of me. I nodded my head against his chest, still holding back tears. I knew if I started now I wouldn't stop for two days. I took one last deep breath before lifting my head up and jumping down off of the sink throwing my makeup back in its bag and giving myself one last look in the mirror.

 

"Ready?" I asked plastering a fake smile on my face.

 

"Ready."

 

***

 

Justin drove to the funeral home in a car that we rented so that we weren't pulling up in a luxury vehicle and being dropped off drawing more attention to us then necessary. About a mile away from the funeral home we saw a line and it continued all the way up to the door. There were cops directing traffic into a bank parking lot, and streets were blocked off completely by cars. The clock read 3:45; visiting hours hadn't even begun yet. He put the car in park and got out to open my door, one that I could have opened myself but I couldn't bring myself to get one step closer to this on my own. I got out of the car and waited for Justin to put his jacket and sunglasses on, in hopes that people wouldn't recognize him. I knew this was it. This was the last time we wouldn't be followed by photographers, the last time I wouldn't hear my name being screamed as I walked down the street, and the last week my face wouldn't be all over the covers or magazines. I prayed silently that people would be respectful of what today really was and keep this about Frankie. I felt selfish bringing Justin for support knowing what it might turn into, but it's not my fault really. He's my boyfriend just like everyone else would bring their boyfriend to something like this; it just so happens that mine is a superstar. He put his hand out for me to take and hesitantly I placed my hand in his.

 

"Are you sure about this? Maybe you should just wait for me in the car."

 

"This is your decision Marissa. If you want me to wait in the car I will. I'm here to support you."

 

"It's just...I need you with me."

 

"Then I'm going with you. We'll deal with everything else as it comes," he said.

 

"Okay," I squeezed his hand and waited for him to start walking. I followed a step or two behind him the whole way back to the back of the line. He kept his head down most of the way looking up only to look at me. Once we got in line he pulled me close to him while looking around taking in his surroundings. I knew he didn't care if he got noticed, he was use to dealing with it and knew how to react to it, but I think it was just force of habit at this point. The line was moving at a slow pace but steadily and after about 15 minutes I could see the funeral home nearing closer, and it took me a minute to catch my breath. My heart was pounding and I was twirling my thumbs a mile a minute while tapping my shoe on the sidewalk. I knew what I was doing, and I tried to stop but I couldn't. If I did, I would have lost it right there on the sidewalk. Justin felt me tense up and held me tighter, rubbing my back in the process. It wasn't until we hit the steps outside that I saw Luke and Amy. They came over and gave us a hug before walking the long distance to the back of the line. Once we got inside the smell of fresh flowers overtook my senses. There were arrangements surrounding us even at the entrance, roses, lilies, geraniums, tulips, they were everywhere and it was at that point that I could no longer control my emotions. Tears started to slowly stain my cheeks and I grabbed onto Justin's hand holding it for dear life. I looked to the left and saw my parents sitting down a few feet in front of us. I made eye contact with my mother and I saw her look up at Justin before her face dropped. She tapped my father on the shoulder and he stopped talking to my sister to turn around and look at me, his reaction as well as my sisters was the same as my mothers.

 

"Those people are staring," Justin whispered in my ear.

 

"Those are my parents," I said not taking my eyes off of them and bringing a tissue to my eyes. As we got closer I knew I had to be the one to make the first move because they wouldn't waste there time with me, but before I could say anything my father approached us. I should have realized he'd have a reason to speak to me now seeing who was holding my hand.

 

"Marissa, it's good to see you," he said kissing my cheek and being his good old fake self.

 

"Hi," I said softly doing my best to hold my emotions together, "this is uhh...this is Justin, Justin this is my Dad."

 

"So good to meet you Justin, it's not everyday we're graced with the presence of a celebrity," he shook his hand and patted him on the back putting on a show for everyone.

 

"Nice to meet you too sir, I'm sorry for your loss," Justin replied. He then walked over and shook my mother and my sister's hand never letting go of mine. My sister was speechless, and my mother said nothing to Justin only to me.

 

"I didn't expect to see you here," she said.

 

"I don't know why you would ever think I wouldn't come. I know you don't want me here, so I'm sorry to spoil that for you..." Justin squeezed my hand prompting me to stop. She just glared at me and after a few seconds I turned my gaze elsewhere. My sister was more then shocked but at least acted appropriately towards Justin and I. I noticed people started to take second glances at us, but luckily no one came up to us. The line continued moving without another word out of either one of my parents. I started to hear whispers and was now not only sad, scared and angry but was now really nervous that all hell was about to break loose. My mind was racing thinking about what to say or do if someone came up to us when we turned the corner and I saw the casket. Everything stopped, I heard nothing, I felt nothing, my legs went numb and I couldn't even hear myself think. It didn't even look like him. The steroids he was on made him balloon to close to 300 pounds, and if I were to pass him on the street I wouldn't even recognize his face. I put my hand over my gaping mouth, unable to accept the fact that this was the last time I was going to see him and this is how I was going to remember him, unrecognizable.

 

As we moved closer to the kneeler we passed a ton of family sitting down in the room itself. I knew I should have been saying hello but I couldn't get over the shock. I saw heads turning and heard whispers starting when people saw me and realized who I was with, but I couldn't pay attention to any of it. This was the moment I had been dreading. I let go of Justin's hand and knelt down in front of the casket looking at my cousin who not even a week ago looked completely different. I felt the kneeler move as Justin knelt down next to me. I was praying for what felt like days. Praying that he was in a better place, praying for help to get through this, praying for my family, praying for strength, everything. I was sobbing, I could pray but I couldn't say goodbye. I silently thanked Frankie for everything and told him that I loved him over and over again, but I could not say goodbye, I couldn't do it. I felt Justin stand up and lean over behind me rubbing my back.

 

"I know it's hard sweetie, but you have to say goodbye," he whispered. I shook my head standing up but not doing it, not out loud, not silently in my head for only him to hear, I couldn't do it. He led me over the receiving line and I practically threw myself into my Uncle Frank's arms and stayed there until I felt him loosen his grip on me. I pulled back and saw him pick up his glasses and wipe tears away.

 

"You know how much he loved you and how proud he was of you Marissa, and he was so grateful for everything you did for him." I nodded not able to say anything. It was almost like I was in a dream, like none of this was really happening and I'd wake up and it would all be a sick joke. "You know Frankie, he wouldn't want you to be crying because he's gone, he'd want you to smile because he was here. He's in a better place now, he's not in pain, and he'll always be with you." He wrapped his arms around me again and I felt people huddle around me. I looked up and saw my Aunty Lisa and cousin Rebecca. "Thank you for giving us, and him the last year and a half of good memories."

 

"I'm so sorry," I managed to say backing away a little bit, "I just wish there was something I could have done, I mean I wasn't even here..."

 

"Stop right now," Aunty Lisa said. "You did everything you could have done. Don't you dare beat yourself up. Without you Marissa he would have been gone a long time ago."

 

"I know," I whispered looking down at my twirling thumbs.

 

"I know we're suppose to be sad right now, and I am don't get me wrong, but you've failed to acknowledge the fact that Justin Timberlake is standing behind you," Rebecca said prompting us all to burst out into laughter.

 

"I'm sorry," I said feeling the hand that was on my back go into my hand, "Justin this is my Uncle Frank, Aunty Lisa, and cousin Rebecca. Frankie's parents and sister, and this is Justin...my...well...boyfriend."

 

"I'm so sorry for your loss," Justin said hugging and kissing each of them.

 

"Thank you for coming, are you taking care of our girl?" Uncle Frank asked.

 

"Yeah keep her smiling," came from Aunty Lisa and "Holy Crap," was all Rebecca could produce.

 

"I'm doing my best," Justin responded with a chuckle, "she's a pretty amazing girl."

 

"She is," said Uncle Frank, "she was one of Frankie's best friends so just know he'll be watching you!" Just then my Aunty Lisa bent down and took a DVD out of her purse.

 

"When you go home I want you to watch this okay?" she said putting a clear case with a DVD labeled "Marissa" inside into my hand. Her eyes started to fill up again and she wrapped her arm around my waist when I nodded my head. "And I know this might be really hard and you can say no if you don't feel comfortable, but we were wondering if you'd speak tomorrow at the funeral."

 

"Oh God Aunty Lisa, I don't know if I'll be able to, I don't think I'd make it through the first sentence. And you know Frankie was the writer not me, he was the one always correcting me and proof reading my papers."

 

"It would really mean a lot to us." Justin squeezed my hand and I knew I should say yes but I honestly didn't think I'd make it through.

 

"She'll do it," Justin answered for me, "she can do anything. She'll do it." I nodded agreeing with him. I could do anything, I'm starting over, I had a new perspective on life, and I could do anything.

 

"I'll do it."

 

"Thank you," they all said in unison hugging me again.

 

"We need to talk about you dating this guy soon," Rebecca said trying to smile through her tears.

 

"Oh we will. We'll see you guys tomorrow," I said before walking away and letting the line continue.

 

"It was nice to meet you all, and I'm sorry again," Justin said.

 

Walking away I really noticed everyone's eyes on us but did my best to not pay attention to it. I introduced Justin to a slew of family members and caught up a bit with my sister. We stayed until the end of visiting hours and the line was out the door the entire five hours. Frankie touched so many people's lives, it was incredible to see it all play out before me. Justin met my boss Jason, and a few friends and classmates all of whom were really considerate of what the day really meant and there were no sudden outbursts or screaming when someone saw Justin sitting there. People will never understand how much I appreciated that.

 

We were about 100 feet away from the car when I heard someone gasp walking down the sidewalk. I turned my head and saw two girls walking towards us with huge smiles on their faces and an extra bounce in their step. Justin looked down at me, his eyes apologizing without even saying a word.

 

"It's okay, I'm ready for it," I said just as the girls approached us.

 

"OH...MY...GOD...Justin Timberlake! Can we have your autograph?" a short brunette that couldn't have been more then 13 said holding out a pen and a napkin from the restaurant they had just come out of. Her ponytail was swinging back and forth as she jumped with excitement when Justin took the pen out of her hand, and her eyes lit up as his hand grazed hers when he handed her the pen back. "My name is Samantha, and this is my friend Justine," the tall blonde next to her waved not saying a word, clearly star struck. "Can we take a picture with you?" She suddenly pulled a camera out from her back pocket and began going off on a stumbling rampage about how big of fans they were and how excited they were to see him walking the streets of where they lived. Justin turned and looked at me, almost questioning if I'd be okay with him taking a picture.

 

"Why don't you let me take the picture," I said inadvertently answering him.

 

"Cool! Thanks," the brunette said. Justin got in between the two of them and wrapped his arm around their shoulders. The flash lit up the dark night sky and the girls both screeched with joy when they saw the result of the picture.

 

"It was nice to meet you girls," Justin said, "do me a favor, try to keep it on the down low until the end of the week that I was here, can you do that?"

 

"SURE!" the said together in high pitched voices, "thanks!" With that we walked back to the car and drove back to the hotel with the radio on and my hand in his. We talked about my family and how we were both glad that no one really made a big deal about him being there, and he reassured me time and time again that I'd do great speaking at the funeral tomorrow. We made it back into our hotel room without being stopped by anyone else. I threw myself on the couch and attempted to process the night. Justin went over to the bar and made us some drinks. He sat down after handing me a captain and diet kissing my forehead gently.

 

"It didn't even look like him," I said taking a sip.

 

"I'm sorry babe. You did really well though, you held yourself together with your parents and stuff."

 

"Yeah, they were the least of my worries." I looked down while putting my drink on the coffee table and saw the plastic case poking out of my bag. I pulled it out, and read the writing on the DVD again, "Marissa", it was Frankie's writing. "I almost forgot about this," I said putting it down on the table taking a deep breath.

 

"Do you want me to put it in?"

 

"I don't really know to be honest with you." He took the case off the table and took the DVD out while turning the TV on with the remote. "Justin I really don't know..."

 

"If it's too much we'll stop it," he said getting up to put the DVD in. He sat down next to me and put his arm around my shoulders before hitting play. The screen was black for about 10 seconds before Frankie's face appeared on the screen.

 

"Oh God," I gasped tears immediately forming in my eyes, and I grabbed onto Justin's shirt. He was sitting in a chair in his bedroom at home smiling into the camera, his eyes bright lighting up the room and he looked just like he did a week ago when I was sitting next to him in class. "Justin I can't do this."

 

"Yes you can," he said. Just then Frankie started to speak.

 

"You're probably crying already if I know anything about you so first of all, stop!" his smile going from ear to ear. "There are a few things I needed to tell you and I knew this was the only way I was going to be able to. Number one do not beat yourself up about not being home when I left. I know I could call you right now and you'd come home and sit with me and hold my hand, but I know your in Florida smiling and happy with your boyfriend and you know that's all I've wanted for you for the past three years. Now you're probably shocked that I know this, but I called Luke after I called your dorm room and Amy told me you were away and he was down there with you and I made him swear to me that he wouldn't tell you anything. Don't be mad at him Marissa, he did it for me. He told me how happy you were and that every time he looked at you there was a smile on your face. He told me that Justin is a perfect match for you and there was absolutely no way I was taking you away from that to come to a stuffy hospital room to watch me die, I absolutely could not put you through that. You deserve to be happy Marissa, you deserve the best and Justin can give that to you. Cherish him, let your guard down and let him in. Let him give you what you deserve," I looked at Justin and he wiped the tears off of my cheeks before wiping at his own eyes. "Number two. Thank you. Thank you for everything, for being my best friend, for listening to me complain about school and work and girls. Most importantly thank you for giving me an extra life. You were like the little star in Super Mario Brothers, except unlike in that game I lasted for a year and a half on that extra life, not a few hours. Without you I wouldn't be here right now. I would have died without a year and a half of memories, without celebrating my 21st birthday, and without being able to fall in love with a wonderful woman. There are no words that will even come close to expressing how grateful I am. You were like another sister to me, and I was so looking forward to moving across the country with you to get out of this damn snow and into the sun to fulfill every career dream we ever had. I know you'll still do that; I want you to still do that. You are a very special person Marissa, and you deserve every great thing that comes your way. You've battled your way from the bottom to this great life that you are living now with your head held high and your shoulders pushed back. You're the strongest person I know; don't let this bring you down keep your head up kid. I love you so much, you've kept me going for a long time. Don't think of this as goodbye because I'm going to be with you always, and I'll see you when it's your time. I'll be with you cheering on the Sox and the Pats and the B's and the Celtics. Every single game your at I'll be there with you. Know that I'm okay with this; I've accepted it and I know I'm going to a better place. You can cry because I'm gone but that won't do any good you know that, so I want you to smile because I was here. Whenever you think of me I want a smile not a frown. And Justin, if you're half as good of a guy as Luke says then you're sitting next to her right now. Don't hurt my cousin man or I'll come and haunt you. I never did like your music but as long as you make her happy that's all that really matters to me." I looked up and saw a smile on Justin's face. "I love you Maris, this isn't goodbye, it's see you later, and don't hurt Luke! I love you so much, thank you for giving me life, thank you, thank you thank you." He blew a kiss to the camera and waved before standing up and turning the camera off. The screen went blank, he was gone forever.
Chapter End Notes:
Let me know whatcha think!


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: daddyj boyfriendj love proposal