Author's Chapter Notes:
Thank you for the reviews :) They keep me motivated to keep writing!!
I've never been a violent person. If someone else had been in my shoes through some of the things that have happened in my life, there's a good possibility that they'd be in jail. But for some reason I never felt the urge to resort to violence in the 21 years that I've been alive. I was always the person that thought it was best to talk it out, and if you didn't have anything good to say don't say anything at all. That is until now. My entire body was shaking, my fists were clenched and I felt like I could stop a Mac Truck if I really had to. I stood up slowly and kicked a tray that was in front of me to the left and watched the pieces of food that were still on it fly in the air never taking my eyes off his. I could feel Justin breathing heavily next to me still in the dark as to what was going on. Luke let him go and both of them started to stand up, I was like an animal about to attack and nothing could calm me down. He was scared; as he should be I could tell from his eyes looking back and forth from me to Luke to Justin to Amy. He was standing now and Luke was holding him by his elbow and I could feel everyone's eyes on me. Justin put his hand on my arm and I pulled it back not wanting to be touched. I started walking towards him and fear enveloped his eyes.

 

"Justin stop her," I heard Amy say, and I could feel him walking close behind me. I was stepping on pieces of broken glass in nothing but a pair of socks but felt no pain at all. "Justin...hold her back," she said a little louder. He grabbed the back of my T-Shirt and started pulling me back. The rest happened in slow motion. The minute I felt Justin's hands on the T-Shirt I sprung forward and his grip slipped making him stumble backwards and leaving me free to attack. He tried to back away but Luke held him there. I got right in front of him stopping for a moment before throwing my clenched fist up and was about to punch him in the face when someone pulled me backwards. I knew when I landed on top of him that it was Justin and it took everything in me to not punch him in the face for pulling me back. He wrapped his arm around me holding me tight preventing me from getting out of his grip, while he used his other arm to push himself up off the floor.

 

"LET ME GO!" I screamed squirming to get out.

 

"Marissa STOP," he now had both his arms wrapped around me and was holding me up off the floor trying to walk backwards.

 

"LET GO OF ME JUSTIN...LET GO!"

 

"NO!"

 

"Justin I swear to God let me down so I can beat the shit out of him...LET...ME...GO," I was now kicking him but he wasn't giving up. He scooped me up wedding day threshold style and walked backwards to the bedroom doors we walked out of not two minutes ago. He put me down then spread his arms out across the doorway not allowing me to exit then turned around and faced him.

 

"Who the fuck are you?" he said calmly. He didn't say anything just stood there. "ANSWER ME!" he screamed.

 

"I...I...I..." he was stuttering.

 

"Justin..." Amy started walking towards him knowing that once he found out he'd be in the same fit of rage I was in. "Justin you have to calm down okay? Just calm down and promise me you won't do anything stupid."

 

"Who the fuck is this guy?"

 

"Promise me Justin..."

 

"Tell me who the fuck he is NOW!"

 

"Justin think about your career and your relationships with your friends and family think about it Justin..." I saw his head move a little to the left looking past Amy and looking at this guy standing there watching his life flash before his eyes. He gave him a once over and stopped when he got to his face. I saw his muscles tighten when a light bulb went off in his head as to who was standing about 15 feet away from him.

 

"Amy...move," he said softly.

 

"Justin please..."

 

"Amy I don't want to hurt you so please take two steps over to the right before I move you myself." She looked at me before moving over. I couldn't wait for him to move so that I could pounce on him. He slowly lowered his right arm, and I took a step forward but he moved over blocking me. He was breathing heavy and he was rolling his neck. He started walking forward very slowly taking a step and stopping, before taking another one and doing the same thing. I tried to get around him but Amy stopped me.

 

"Marissa, don't do this. Be the bigger person here, you know you're going to get hurt if you stoop to his level." I looked behind her and saw Justin still walking forward. He got right in his face and stopped looking down on him his feet centimeters away from his shoes.

 

"Tell me your fucking name..."

 

"B...B...My name is...B..."

 

"Enough with the fucking stuttering you filthy, disgusting, degrading piece of shit. Your name is Brandon am I right?"

 

"Y...Yes..."

 

"That's what I thought..."

 

"Listen I..."

 

"No you listen to me," he said throwing him against the wall, "I'm the one calling the shots now. You are so lucky that I have a fucking heart, because if I was anything like you you'd be dead on the floor right now. So instead of kicking the shit out of you I'm going to do this the right way as long as you cooperate." He turned his head leaving his hand on his throat and motioned for me to go over. Amy moved over giving me one last pleading look before I walked past her holding my hands behind my back so that I wouldn't attack him. Justin grabbed my arm and pulled me right next to him. "The first thing you're going to is apologize." He didn't say anything and Justin threw him against the wall again.

 

"I...I'm...I'm sorry..."

 

"For what?"

 

"For everything that happened," he said looking at Justin.

 

"Be more specific."

 

"I'm sorry for letting him do that to you," he said now looking at me. I looked into his eyes and everything that I saw in them all those years ago were gone.

 

"For letting him do what to her."

 

"Justin stop," Luke said.

 

"Shut up Luke...you're sorry for letting him do what to her?" he said again looking at Brandon.

 

"I'm sorry I let him rape you...but..."

 

"No, no buts. You let him fucking rape her, and you watched like it was normal. Then you kicked the shit out of her for what shits and giggles? You are a piece of trash that got away with it then, but you're not going to get away with it now. I'm going to let you go without killing you, and you're going to go to the police station and admit to everything that happened and if you don't I will hunt you down and fucking kill you, do you understand me?"

 

"Is that a threat?"

 

"No, it's not. It's a fucking promise. And I know what's going to come out of your mouth next. You're going to go to the cops tell them I threatened you, and go to the media blah blah blah but guess what...I'm Justin Timberlake. Who do you think they're going to believe?"

 

"It's been three years, haven't you gotten over it yet?" he asked looking at me.

 

"Gotten over what?" I asked. "Gotten over the fact that I was raped by your friend while you watched me? Or the fact that you kicked the shit out of me? Have I gotten over the fact that I was in love with someone for three years and put all of my trust and love into the relationship only to find out that the whole thing was a fraud? Have I gotten over the fact that some person that I didn't even know took my virginity? Yeah I've gotten over it. The physical pain from the whole experience went away after about a month, and it only took until about two weeks after that for the bruises to disappear. I got over you real fast, in fact the moment you walked away and let him do what he did to me I was over you, and even more so after the first time you slapped me across the face. My heart ached for about three years but luckily I've been able to find a real man to put it back together and show me what real love is. It took everything out of me to let him break my wall down but he did and after THREE FUCKING YEARS there is a smile back on my face. I'll never be able to get back what he took away from me and you let him do it. You knew...you fucking knew. To this day I still have nightmares about it, those will never stop, but have I gotten over you? I'm over you, and I'll be even more over you the minute you pay for what you did. When I see you rotting in jail is the day I'll finally be able to breath, and I hope you feel half as much pain as I did over the past three years, then and only then will I be satisfied." Justin let go of him and I stood there staring at him. I saw tears start to form in his eyes, and I felt absolutely no remorse for what just occurred.

 

"I was high...I didn't know what I was doing. I cared about you. I fucking loved you. You don't think that it hurt for me too? You walked out on me Marissa."

 

"I WALKED OUT ON YOU BECAUSE YOU LET YOUR FRIEND RAPE ME YOU ASSHOLE. If you really loved me...if you really fucking cared you wouldn't have let that happen no matter how high you fucking were," I slapped him across the face and Justin pulled me back against him. "You wasted six years of my life. Three for when we dated, and three years after. You pulled my heart out of my chest and cut it up into a million little pieces..."

 

"Marissa stop, please," Luke said.

 

"No Luke I won't stop. I won't stop because I've needed to say this for three years. I have gotten no fucking closure for three years, I've just dealt with it, let it sit there and pretended that I don't think about it anymore so that people don't think I'm depressed or think that I can't handle it. So he can sit here and listen to me, he owes me at least that." I felt Justin's hands let go of his tight grip on my arms, and one hand fell into mine. I was fuming, and I don't think I've ever screamed so loud in my life, but at the same time after every word I felt 5 pounds lighter. I needed this to put it all behind me once and for all. Justin had let go of Brandon and if he really wanted to he could have taken off, the door was still open and no one was holding him back, but he was just standing there. The room was so quite you could hear a pin drop. I looked up at Justin but his eyes were glaring into Brandon so I turned back to look at him as well, into those eyes that use to comfort me but now just made me mad and I let it all out. "You knew everything about me, and you knew how much I depended on you. Am I proud that I had to depend on someone? No, I'm not, but at that time I did and I learned the hard way to never do it again. You made me believe that I could be loved, that I could actually mean something to someone and then you ripped it all away. You knew what you were doing and you knew how much power you had over me. I just don't understand how you can see someone go from unhappy, unloved, and so confused about life to a person with a smile on there face and knowing what direction they were going in and do what you did. You took a piece of me away that I will never get back. I'm a statistic now Brandon, I'm just another number and you did that to me. You allowed everything that happened to happen. I have nightmares because of you and I jump at nothing but the wind blowing because of you. I can't step foot in an elevator because of you, and I can't accept a compliment because of you. I wish I never met you, I wish I never made eye contact with you, and I wish I could take back everything I ever said to you and every feeling I ever felt for you. I loved you, and you broke me. You got away with it. You walked out of that courtroom with a smile on your face feeling absolutely no guilt what so ever. I hate you with every ounce of my being I hate you but at the same time I should probably thank you."

 

"What the hell are you talking about?" Luke gasped. I kept my eyes on Brandon, his mouth dropped because no one in that room expected me to say that.

 

"I should thank you because you put me through hell and back and I'm a stronger person now. I don't need to depend on anyone anymore because I depend on myself now. I can live my life and be successful without the help of anyone else and if I stayed in the destructive relationship we were in I'd probably still be depending on you and your tips from bringing room service to celebrities. I'm happy now, truly happy. If everything around me crumbled tomorrow I'd be able to deal with it and still have a smile on my face. I have a real man in my life that shows me real love and supports me in everything that I do which is something that I never got from you. So thank you for opening my eyes and making me realize that I deserve so much more then what you ever had to offer."

 

"I know you don't believe me, " he said after a few moments of silence, "but I really am sorry and if there was anything I could do to prove it to you I would, but I know there's not. What I did, and what I let happen was wrong and I know didn't feel guilty then, but I do now. I'll go to the cops and fess up. I'm so sorry...I'm so sorry." He sounded sincere but I couldn't believe a word that ever came out of his mouth again.

 

"I'm sure you are," I said then turned around and walked back to the bar passing Luke and Amy on my way. I heard Justin call Eric and watched Brandon be escorted out by the same man that escorted me to meet the person that made my world a happy place again. I poured a shot of Tequila and threw it back squeezing my eyes shut as the smooth liquid burned the back of my throat. After three more shots I felt the bottle being removed from my hand and arms go around my waist from behind. I took in a deep breath and knew immediately that it wasn't Justin. The chin on my shoulder didn't have day old scruff on it, and I didn't breathe in his scent. I heard Luke exhale and squeeze me tighter.

 

"It's over now. They're going to pay, it's over." I nodded my head keeping my eyes closed trying to process the last ten minutes. "Frankie would have been so proud of you."

 

"I wish he could have been there to witness that," I whispered holding back tears.

 

"He was," Luke responded placing a kiss on my cheek. "We're gunna go, call us if you need anything. See you tomorrow okay?"

 

"But...the movie."

 

"Forget the movie. Everything that just happened was like watching a movie I think we've all had enough drama for one day." I let out a small laugh and felt his arms leave my waist, my eyes still closed. I heard the glass bottle clink on Justin's ring when Luke handed it to him and attempted to open my eyes when I heard the door click behind Luke and Amy. With my eyes half open I could see a blur of what looked and sounded like a shot glass being placed on the bar and white liquid being poured into it. Then I felt the other glass being taken out of my hand and placed down and filled with the same thing.

 

"One more for good measure?" I opened my eyes completely and through a haze saw Justin holding up a shot glass for me to take. I reached my hand out and took the glass holding it up to my nose and smelling its contents.

 

"To Frankie," I said holding the glass out and taping it on Justin's.

 

"To Frankie." I closed my eyes while tipping my head back and waiting for the burn that was now barely present before slamming the glass down onto the bar. I walked around the bar and into Justin's arms closing my eyes as he kissed the top of my head and held me close to him. "Are you okay?" I nodded still trying to comprehend everything that just happened. "Let's get you to bed," he said backing away and pulling me towards the bedroom. I flicked all of the lights off on our way there and let Justin pull my T-Shirt off before putting the covers over me as I laid down. I watched him take his shorts off and sit down on the bed in only a pair of boxer briefs. He laid down on his back looking up at the ceiling with his hands folded on his stomach.

 

"I'm sorry," I whispered.

 

"What the hell are you sorry for?" he asked rolling over on his side facing me.

 

"For everything that's happened the past two days. Pure insanity basically, and I just kind of threw you into a lions cage."

 

"There is absolutely nothing for you to be sorry for Marissa. None of what happened was your fault it's not like you planned for everything to turn out the way it did. But it's all over now anyway, Eric took him to the police station, you got all your stuff from your house so you won't have to deal with your parents anymore, and after tonight everything should be back to normal. It's been a rough couple days I won't say they were easy, but they're over now so don't worry about it okay?"

 

"I just can't believe everything that happened, as if coming home for the wake and funeral of my cousin wasn't enough you know? I never thought I'd see him again and I have no clue how I stayed as calm as I did, or why I didn't kick the shit out of him."

 

"You call what you were calm?"

 

"Every ounce of me wanted to throw him on the ground and kill him, but I didn't. I got out everything I ever wanted to say to him without even crying or hurting him in any way."

 

"I think you're forgetting about that slap across the face. It looked like it hurt a little more then the one I got..." he chuckled.

 

"Well, I can tell you that it hurt me a lot more then yours did...I just want all of this to be over. I don't want you to have to come here and deal with all this shit every time it's not fair to you."

 

"Babe, first of all I don't mind dealing with all of this as long as at the end of the day you're next to me and there is a smile on your face. Once everything is dealt with we won't have to worry about any of it anymore so it's a small price to pay for a lifetime of happiness. And second of all, I'm glad I'm here going through it with you because not only does it make me feel better that you're not doing it alone, but it also shows me how amazing you are, and how much strength you have." He moved closer to me and put his arm around my waist placing a small kiss on my temple. "Marissa the way you handled yourself today was something to be really proud of, and not many people in your position would be able to do what you did especially after everything you've been through the past two days. I'm so proud of you, and it made me love you even more then I already did if that's even possible."

 

"I wouldn't have been able to do it without you..."

 

"Yes, you would have. I didn't even do anything, you did all the talking I was just there to stand over him and make him all the more nervous. You did this Maris, and I know that you feel 100 pounds lighter now after getting all of that off your chest. You," he kissed my nose, "are amazing."

 

"I love you Justin Randall Timberlake. Thank you for supporting me these last couple of days."

 

"I love you too Marissa No Middle Name Mitchell, and your welcome."

 

"So what kind of drama do you think tomorrow will bring?" I asked rolling over onto my back.

 

"I think tomorrow you'll be getting a call from the cops saying one of two things, either that they're in jail and they need you to come in for questioning about everything that happened, or that you have to come bail me out of jail."

 

"Do you think he'll press charges?"

 

"With Eric standing over him? Hell no."

 

"I can't believe this is finally over. I feel like I can totally put it behind me now, start fresh." I closed my eyes and I could feel a smile on my face. I was starting over; I had a clean slate to work off of.  From now on, I was in control of my future. I turned my head expecting a response and saw Justin sleeping, his mouth parted just a little bit, his arm around my waist and his bare chest going up and down at a slow steady pace. I rolled over facing him and pressed me lips onto his before closing my eyes and letting my body relax into his. For the first time in years, I slept through the night and woke up the next morning feeling like I could do anything I set my mind to. No one stood in my way any longer.

***

 

I smelled food, bacon to be exact, and then I got a strong whiff of coffee. I opened my eyes slowly adjusting to the sun that was shining in the room. Instead of seeing Justin next to me I saw my Media Criticism textbook and practice exam. I let out a sigh and closed my eyes again not wanting to even attempt to study. I wanted today to be spent lounging around with Justin and spending our last day together in Boston doing something fun with no stress. I felt a hand go to my back and lips on my cheek. I turned my head and saw Justin standing over me licking his lips and holding a tray with food and coffee on it. I sat up and he put the tray in front of me while sitting on the edge of the bed. I looked down at every food I've been avoiding for the past month. Bacon, greasy sausages, an omelet with cheese gushing out the sides, home fries loaded with ketchup and a steaming hot cup of coffee with crème. I looked up at Justin and he had a huge smirk on his face.

 

"Are you trying to make me cry?"

 

"No. I'm trying to make you smile. You deserve a break in your stupid diet, and I'll be offended if you don't eat it because it took me forever to make."

 

"You made all this? You didn't call room service?"

 

"Do you remember what happened the last time I called room service?"

 

"Mmmm," I said putting a piece of bacon in my mouth, closing my eyes as the grease dripped down my throat, "this is heaven. You really cooked this?"

 

"Yes! Why is that so hard to believe?"

 

"Because just the other day you burned your finger and dropped 20 pans on the ground before you were even able to crack an egg."

 

"I promise you I made this, and if you don't believe me go look at the kitchen."

 

"I believe you," I said leaning over to give him a kiss, "thank you."

 

"Your welcome, now give me a bite of that sausage."

 

"HELL NO," I said picking up the plate and moving it away from him, "I haven't had any of this stuff for months, keep your paws off."

 

"Fine, you big meanie," he said getting up.

 

"I'm not a meanie!" I replied with my mouth full of eggs, "come back I'll prove it to you."

 

"Are you going to give me a bite of sausage?"

 

"I'm going to give you something so much better then that," I said pushing my books off of the bed and grabbing the top of his shorts to pull him closer.

 

"I like the sound of that."

Chapter End Notes:
Thoughts, comments, concerns? You knew I couldn't keep them coming back to Boston drama free!!


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: daddyj boyfriendj love proposal