Author's Chapter Notes:

Enjoy Enjoy Enjoy :) And thanks for all the feedback...keep it coming!

I wasn't nervous until I stepped foot inside the green room, in fact I was ecstatic before then. Once we got there though I realized what I was about to do and panicked. I started sweating which in turn lead me to pace until Justin made me sit down on the couch. He was dreading this interview for the past week and I was just so excited about it...until now. I felt my stomach start to turn and I ran to the bathroom to throw up. This time it wasn't morning sickness though; it was just plain old nerves. I had met Ellen before at Justin's wrap party for his tour so sitting down and talking to her would be a piece of cake, but knowing that there was an audience in front of me and millions of people that would be watching from home scared the shit out of me.

"Are you going to throw up while the camera's are rolling too?" Justin asked laughing.

"Really funny J. Your pregnant girlfriend is throwing up and all you can do is laugh about it."

"I'm sorry baby. It's just funny because you've been so excited about this. Usually people don't throw up due to excitement."

"Well I'm not excited anymore...now I'm scared, and you laughing at me doesn't help."

"You'll be fine Ris," he said sitting down next to me on the bathroom floor. "Just ignore the cameras and talk to Ellen like it's just me, you and her in a room."

"Yeah and millions of people watching."

"Don't think about it like that. Honestly it's going to go by so fast and once it's over your going to think back and say 'I was nervous over this? What was I thinking?'"

"Easy for you say...you do this all the time."

"Doesn't matter, I still get nervous...I'll be next to you the entire time to back you up babe. If you can't answer a question I'll answer it for you. Trust me, it's going to be fine. Ellen's coming back in a few minutes, she'll go over some of the questions she's going to ask and by the time she leaves I can almost guarantee you'll feel comfortable. This isn't Oprah; it's not that serious. Just have fun with it, and you can think of it this way...you get to talk about the baby, and I know how much you love talking about the baby."

"As long as you back me up and people don't laugh at me..."

"I'm not going to lie...people might laugh at you, but you're a big girl you can handle it."

I hit his shoulder but couldn't help the smile that was forming on my face, "I hate you Timberlake."

"I love you too...now come on," he said standing up and holding his hand out for me to take so that he could help get me up off the floor, "everything will be fine, and you're going to have fun so no more throwing up because it's gross!"

"Your gross..."

"No you."

"No you."

"No you..." just then a we heard a knock on the door, which was probably a good thing since we would have gone back and forth forever if nothing interrupted us, "Come in." Ellen walked in the Green Room with her arms extended and walked right over to me and Justin wrapping one arm around his neck and one around mine.

"You two," she started backing away to look at us, "I can't believe it. I can't believe there is someone out there that would make Justin Timberlake settle down and have a kid. I am so so so happy for your guys!"

"Thanks," we both said in unison then looked at each other laughing. He grabbed my hand and pulled me over to the couch to sit down with him and Ellen. She started by telling us the kind of questions she would be asking during the show and if there were any questions that were off limits. Once we got through the pre interview questions we started chit chatting. I loved Ellen before, but after getting to know her, it made me love her even more. She and Justin were like Frick and Frack and that kind of took some of my nerves away.

Before I knew it they had us in hair and makeup and my pre show jitters were almost completely gone. The plan was for Justin to go out first and do a segment with just him. Ellen was going to ask him questions about the end of the tour and what he's been doing since then, and when he planned on recording another album, then they'd go to commercial and introduce me. We stood backstage and watched her opening monologue and before I knew it she was calling Justin out to the stage. He gave me a quick kiss and I wished him luck before he opened the curtains and walked out. He was a natural there was no doubt about that and it put a smile on my face to watch him do something that he loves to do. My nerves started rising again when they went to break and Justin came back while they were setting up for the next segment.

"You okay?" he asked wrapping his arms around my neck.

"Yeah, I'm fine. No throwing up I promise."

"Good. You'll do great out there I have no doubt about it. Not to mention you look smokin' hot."

"I look like a beached whale but thanks."

"You're beautiful and I love you. See you out there," he kissed me lightly on the lips and ran back to his seat that was now a couch big enough for the both of us. I shook my arms and closed my eyes saying a silent prayer for this to go smoothly. I placed my hand on my stomach just in time to feel the baby kick. The audience started clapping and I opened my eyes taking one last big breath before walking out.

"We have a very special treat today," Ellen started, and I saw Justin turn his head and wink at me and my nerves went out the window, "Justin isn't one to talk much about his personal life but for this one time only he brought his girlfriend with him for a little Q & A..."

"You're the only person she'd agree to be interviewed by E, if that doesn't boost your ego I don't know what will."

"Well lets bring her out then before she backs out...everyone please give it up for Marissa Mitchell," the curtains opened and a rush of energy came over me as everyone started to applaud. One fear down I thought as I started walking out, at least they weren't booing me. I walked over to Ellen waving to the audience on my way and gave her a hug before sitting down next to Justin. I felt his hand link with mine and he placed a kiss on my cheek. From that point on the audience was invisible to me. I tried my best to focus solely on Ellen and Justin so that my nerves wouldn't act up again.

"Marissa Mitchell, it's so good to see you!"

"It's so good to see you to Ellen...how are you?"

"I'm good, I think the better question is how are you? Look at you all pregnant and beautiful."

"Thank you...I'm about as good as anyone who is 7 months pregnant could be. I may not be able to tie my own shoes anymore, but I'm still able to waddle around from place to place so I'm thankful for that." The audience actually laughed, I guess I could be funny when I needed to be

"Yeah, let's talk about that. One day it comes out that you guys are dating and then it seems like the next day you're having a baby!"

"Well not exactly..." I said looking at Justin not sure how to answer the question.

"We were dating for a few months before people even knew about us. But from the moment we were photographed together the rumors started about Ris being pregnant. We've been dating for about a year and a half now so that's one hell of a big baby if she got pregnant right when we started dating."

"I learned really fast not to believe everything I read," I continued, "So luckily when I saw the big announcement on the front cover of a weekly in the grocery store, I didn't even have to question if there really was a baby growing inside of me that I didn't know about."

"I like this girl," Ellen said laughing, "You've got quite the sense of humor. Which I can only imagine was one of the things that attracted you to her Justin."

"One of many," he said squeezing my hand, "We met in a...let's say different way, but once I started getting to know her everything just fit into place. We clicked immediately and after that things kind of happened really really fast. She's the most amazing person I've ever met in my life, and I can't imagine what my life would be like without her in it."

"I think I might shed a tear," Ellen said wiping away a fake tear, "Tell me how you did it Marissa, how were you able to steal his heart away from the millions of other women it belonged to before you."

"It was no easy feat Ellen I can tell you that much. It was a lot of hard work and dedication, and it took a lot for me to not give up. But I had my goal and I wasn't backing down until I achieved it!" Another big laugh, more weight lifted off my shoulders. "But seriously like Justin said we just kind of clicked. It was as big of a shock to me as it was to the rest of the world, but after a few minutes really he wasn't Justin Timberlake to me anymore he was just Justin and it's been like that ever since. It was a big adjustment for both of us, as you know I'm still in school and had no previous link to "Hollywood," so being hounded every time I stepped outside was hard to handle for a while. And I think for Justin it was an adjustment to date someone that wasn't a celebrity, someone that couldn't just get on a plane at any moment in time and come visit. We have totally opposite lives so learning how to balance that was hard at first."

"But you've managed to do it, and now you're expecting a little Timberlake. Something you managed to hide for quite a while only coming out publicly with it a couple of months ago."

"When you're in a relationship it's something that's so private and intimate and you don't want to share every aspect of it with the whole world," Justin said now really serious. "You want to protect everything about it because it means so much to you and you don't want anything to get in the way of that. Then when you find out your having a baby it's like that same feeling only a million times stronger. The moment I found out she was pregnant it was like I tried to form this bubble that no one could come in or out of around us. It's dangerous for us to walk down the street, and that protector in you comes out even more when there's an innocent life at stake. So we tried to hide it as long as possible even though we were so excited about it, for our safety and for the baby's, but it just wasn't possible to hide anymore a couple of months ago and we weren't about to stop our lives completely because of it. So all we can do is hope and pray that people will respect us enough to not trample us while we walk down the street, which I have to say they have been doing and we're really grateful for that."

"You've always had a rough relationship with the paparazzi..."

"I mean...I don't know if I'd call it rough. Here's the thing Ellen, I get that being photographed walking down the street is part of my job and I signed up for it the moment I signed my first record contract, but there is a point where it crosses a line. If you want to take a picture of me that's fine, but there is no reason for you to have a camera lense in my face or anyone else's face for that matter. If you absolutely NEED to get a picture of me walking my dogs or walking into Whole Foods that's fine, but do it at a distance, don't make it so that I can't walk without stepping on your feet, and once you get the shot leave me alone. Do you really need 500 pictures of me walking on a sidewalk? It's gotten to the point now where I'll make deals with them, and most of them are good to sticking with the deal especially in Boston, but if you break the deal then our relationship becomes rough."

"I think that is totally understandable and the fact that you even give them a shot is really nice of you...now you mentioned Boston, you guys have been living there for a while now. You're from Boston right?" she asked turning her head to look at me.

"Yes...Born and raised. I go to school there, I work there; I've lived there my whole life. No better place to be a sports fan then in Boston." I got a couple of cheers and a few boos which was to be expected since the Celtics had just beat the Lakers in the Finals a month prior.

"What's it like for you Justin, to go from LA to Boston?"

"It was a welcomed change. It's way less intense in Boston, and it's a city that I've always loved. But I don't think I could ever live there permanently it's just not suitable for work. To be a musician you need to live in LA so I'll be back at some point."

"Good, because I've been lonely without you," she said putting her hand on Justin's knee, "We'll be right back with more Justin Timberlake and Marissa Mitchell." The audience started clapping and I leaned back on the couch. This was going a whole lot better then I expected and the questions weren't nearly as bad as I thought they were going to be. One more segment the get through and I'd be done, never having to do another interview again. I was able to ignore all the staring faces of the audience and focus on Justin and Ellen, and hearing the laughter and the cheers made it a little bit easier too, but the lights and the cameras were really intense. I reached over Justin to get a glass of water that was sitting on the table next to him and drank nearly the entire glass.

"You okay? You're doing great babe," he said taking the glass out of my hand and putting it back on the table, "we still have 10 minutes here, I don't want you peeing your pants on national television." I laughed almost spitting my water out not expecting him to say that. Once I was able to swallow I answered him.

"Yeah, I'm fine. This is a little intense but it's fun! And I had to pee before I drank that water but I think I'll be able to hold it, I'm a big girl remember?" Ellen started laughing while she was getting her makeup retouched.

"You two really are perfect for each other. I can't wait for this baby because if it even has half of the smartassness both of you have it's going to be hilarious." Justin and I just looked at each other knowing it was true. Both of us have weird sarcastic attitudes and it can be pretty funny sometimes. I think it's important in life to have humor and be able to take hits and laugh it off, because if you can't, you're going to get beaten down pretty quickly.

"We're back in 5...4...3...2..." the producer pointed to Ellen and the cameras started rolling again.

"We're back with Justin and Marissa. During the break we were talking about my hopes for their baby which will be coming really soon right? When are you due?"

"We have about two months to go, and we're really excited. I'm ready, like right now. Like get this baby out of me right now kind of ready."

"Have you had a tough pregnancy?"

"The beginning was a little rough. I basically had all day sickness for the first trimester, and then once that was over I had a couple months of enjoying being pregnant with no problems but then I started getting back pain and soon the baby decided to be really active all night so I haven't gotten much sleep."

"And I know there's a lot of rumors floating around about trouble in the middle of your pregnancy. A few months ago you were hospitalized for a long period of time and after you were out we noticed a broken leg. There were rumors of abuse, infection due to the pregnancy..." My face froze and I didn't really hear the rest of her question. We went over what we didn't want to talk about and thinking back on it we only said the few months that we were apart. I didn't even think to say anything about being in the hospital or that whole situation, but I certainly didn't want to talk about it. I looked up at Justin and he pretty much had the same look on his face. Soon I heard silence and neither one of us started talking. I squeezed Justin's hand to hopefully prompt him to say something but nothing came out of his mouth. It was up to me to figure out how to sugarcoat that whole experience.

"I umm...I was hospitalized for a while there but...it wasn't abuse or anything like that I..." My eyes were going back and forth from Ellen to Justin to the audience that had gone completely silent and all eyes were on me. "We ahh...we had some complications, and some setbacks but...but everything is okay now and that's all that really matters right?" I finished my sentence and thought about my answer. It was going to spark a million and one more rumors and I probably sounded like a blubbering idiot.

"Right!" Ellen said trying to sound chipper, patting my knee and moving on really quickly, "So do you know what you're having?"

"A baby," Justin said attempting to laugh after. I wanted to get off that stage so badly. I knew Ellen didn't know we didn't want to talk about it, it wasn't her fault and I could tell that she felt really bad, but now I just felt really awkward and I could tell Justin felt the same way. I squeezed his hand in an attempt to lighten the mood. I attempted to forget about my previous answer and looked at him with eyes asking him to do the same. He smiled squeezing my hand back and continued with the interview like nothing went wrong. "We decided to wait to find out what we were having, it's one of the few surprises left in life."

"Do you have names picked out? For a boy of course because obviously if it's a girl you'll be naming her Ellen."

"We wouldn't have it any other way," Justin said.

"We haven't really talked about names," I continued realizing that that topic has yet to come up in one of our many discussions about the baby.

"We haven't have we?" Justin said looking at me realizing the same thing, "We're going to have to do that."

"Yeah we are, that's weird that we haven't even thought about that yet."

"I know...we should talk about that tonight."

"It's a date."

"Alright you two, snap out of this love fest we don't have much longer here," Ellen said jokingly. "I've got one more question for you before we go and it's the most important one yet..."

"Oh God," Justin said squirming around, "let me get comfortable before you hit me with a tough one."

"When's the wedding because I haven't gotten my invitation yet." We both started laughing. This was one topic we've kind of been discussing a lot lately. This was one question I knew the answer for.

"It's funny because everyone keeps asking us that and the answer is as of right now there is no wedding. We're not engaged or anything, and we are proud to be living in sin. Justin was never one to want to get married and I always thought I would. Then we met each other and he wanted to get married and I became too scared that if we got married we'd mess up what we have. So we're kind of in limbo. It might happen, it might not but either way we're happy and as long as we're happy that's all that matters."

"The real reason Ellen...is that Marissa doesn't want to marry me and is just using me to have an epically good looking child."

"He's right Ellen, there is no other reason why I've been with him for so long but to have his love child."

"Well America, you heard it here first. I have something for you guys. The last time Justin was here I gave him something for you, did he give you the gift?"

"How do you think I became pregnant Ellen? Of course he did!"

"Well I'm glad it was put to good use!" she reached behind her chair and pulled out a black onsie that read 'My Daddy is Bringing Sexy back' and then handed it to me, "just so that all the kids know who the coolest kid on the block is. Check out the website for a behind the scenes look at today's show. Thank you to all of our guests, Bruce Willis, Justin Timberlake and Marissa Mitchell, and tune in tomorrow for some blindfolded musical chairs, and to find out who the winner of our $10,000 sweepstakes is. See you then!" The music started and we both stood up to give Ellen a hug. Justin walked out to the audience to sign some autographs and take pictures and I waited for him on stage with Ellen. It was still so cool for me to see people flip out over him and the smile on his face when he's with his fans is priceless. He was out there for about a half an hour before they started clearing people out. We walked back to the green room with Ellen and right when we closed the door she apologized for asking the question about the hospital.

"Don't worry about it," I said, "you asked us before what topics to stay off of and we didn't say that so it's totally not your fault," which was the truth.

"I just felt awful both of your faces dropped when I asked and in my head I was like oh shit did they say not to bring that up?"

"No we didn't, it was our fault," I watched Justin walk to the back of the room and sip on a bottle of water facing the wall. I didn't think he was that upset about it but apparently he was. I turned to Ellen and thanked her for letting us come on her show and tell our story, and told her to give Justin a call so that we could get together for dinner before we went back to Boston. Once I heard the door close behind her I walked over to Justin putting my hand on his back before sliding in between his body and the table with snacks on it. "It's not that big of a deal you know that right?" I asked. He didn't say anything just continued sipping on his Fiji bottle and looked at the wall. "Justin..." I wasn't even sure if he was listening to me. I could tell from the look in his eyes that he was off in another world, his mind wondering in seven thousand directions at once.

"I should have listened to him..." I heard him say under his breath, meaning it for no one but himself.

"Should have listened to who?"

"What?" he asked snapping out of his daze.

"You said you should have listened to him...who is him?"

"N...No one..."

"Jus..."

"I said no one okay? It doesn't matter now..."

"What do you mean? Justin what are you talking about?"

"Nothing, it doesn't matter," he said turning away.

"Well it matters to me," I grabbed his arm pulling him back around to face me.

"Well then get over it."

"We're suppose to tell each other everything Justin...or is that only me? Am I the only one that's suppose to tell you everything?"

"This conversation is over Marissa. You need to go home and get some rest, you've been going all day and the doctor told you to take it easy, and I'm going to the studio."

"You don't get to just end a conversation Justin."

"I just did," and with that he walked out of the room. I thought about running after him but quickly realized it would do no good. 99.9% of the time Justin is the perfect person, and then there's the other 0.01% of the time that he gets into this place where if you fuck with him he'll flip out, and for some reason he was in that place right now. I knew if I continued and pushed the subject it would just lead to a bigger fight. I had to learn to pick and choose my battles and I realized that this wasn't something that was important enough for me to get into a huge blow out argument with him about. However, the comment that he made replayed over and over again in my head, who could he possibly be talking about? Everything about today was going well and then with a snap of a finger, or more like an asking of a question it turned the day around. I was hoping to get back to the green room and talk about the interview and how well I thought it went and how he was right about it not being as bad as I expected it to be, and now I'm sitting here alone questioning what's going on in his head. I got up a few minutes later to go to the bathroom, and when I came out Eric was sitting there waiting for me.

"You ready kid? I'm gunna take you home."

"Yeah I'm ready," I picked up my purse and the clothes that I came here wearing and walked out of the building where I had my first ever nationally televised interview with my boyfriend's bodyguard walking three steps ahead of me. I plastered a fake smile on my face when we were walking to the car so that people taking pictures of me didn't think that something was wrong, but the minute Eric closed the door to the car, I slouched down in my seat and looked straight ahead the whole way back to Justin's house.

***
After a couple of hours of unsuccessfully taking a nap I convinced Eric to drive me to the studio. At first he put a big fight saying Justin instructed him not to take me there, but after a couple of bribes and good home cooked meal he gave in. I wasn't going to the studio to fight with him, I just wanted to make sure he was okay and see how he was coming along with the song. I've seen him produce a song before for someone else, but I've never actually seen him record a song and it was something that I'd really like to experience. I walked into the building and heard silence. There was a receptionist at the front desk, and everything around her was white. The desk, the walls, the chairs and tables, everything. I thought about how it was the complete contrast of Justin's house where everything was black. I walked up to her and asked her which studio Justin was in and she didn't say a word to me, she just stared at me like I had a spider crawling on my face or something. I looked into the mirror to the left of me and saw nothing out of the ordinary.

"I'm sorry, I'm looking for Justin Timberlake. Do you know what studio he's in?"

"We don't just let fans into the studio sweetheart," she replied with the biggest attitude I've heard in a while.

"Well good thing I'm not a fan then sunshine. I'm his girlfriend," then stepping back said, "and this is his child."

"Do you know how many times people have tried to pull this trick? I'm not stupid."

"You're not stupid? Well you're going to feel awfully stupid in a few minutes," I said turning away and walking back out to the car. I opened the driver side door waking Eric up and attempted to pull him out of the car. After explaining to him what happened, he walked inside with me. We went back up to the desk and that little bitch was staring at her computer not even bothering to look up. I looked at Eric and he let out a big sigh before speaking up.

"Miranda..."

"Oh hey Eric are you here to see Justin?"

"No, his girlfriend is," I stepped out from behind him and put a big fat fake smile on my face.

"Oh hey Miranda...I was wondering if you could tell me what studio Justin was in?" She glared at me and scoffed before looking down at a list on her desk.

"Justin doesn't have anyone listed as visitors, I can't let you in."

"Miranda...stop being a bitch," Eric said.

"I'm not being a bitch ERIC, I'm just doing my job."

"You were just going to let me in, so now let her in."

"Now Eric you know I can't do that..."

"Fine then I'll just call Justin to come get her, I'm sure he'll be really pleased that we're interrupting his session."

"NO NO! No need to call Mr. Timberlake. He's in studio 5."

"Thank you Miranda," I said with a smug smile, "and thanks for your help Eric. I'll call you if I need you to wait for me okay?"

"Okay, I'll be in the car. You kids have fun." He started walking back towards the door and I walked in the direction of the studio, but before I got completely past the desk I turned around getting one last jab in.

"Thanks for all your help Miranda, even though you really are kind of stupid," and with that I walked to the studio without turning back. I got to the door of the studio and opened it slowly careful not to make any noise. Music started to spill out, a song that I was very familiar with being sung by a voice that I was also very familiar with, however, it was not my boyfriend. I saw him sitting at the soundboard, hunched over pushing buttons, his foot tapping with the slow beat of the song. I was pissed at him, he went behind my back and did something I specifically said not to, but at the same time I kind of wanted to thank him. Hearing the song even though it wasn't completely put together, it was like a whole other therapy for me. I sat down on the couch behind Justin not making a sound so that he wouldn't know I was there and took all of it in. My words, and feelings from years ago all coming out again but in a way kind of being released out of my body. My emotions got the best of me yet again and I began to cry. This song was me, and to hear Christina Aguilera singing it...it was indescribable.

"Take it back to the chorus one more time and I think we've got it," Justin said into a thin microphone.

"With or without the key change?"

"With the key change..." The music filled the room again and I closed my eyes. It was taking me somewhere else, the song was putting me in my happy place, how could this be possible? How could my song possibly be good enough to put me in my happy place? She sang the chorus and stepped out of the booth. I put myself in the corner of the couch hoping that she wouldn't see me, and when she walked straight over to Justin not even looking in my direction I let out the breath I didn't even realize I was holding in. Once she sat down in the chair next to him, I saw her reach over and push the play button. A soft violin filled the room before her voice took over.

Once upon a time there was a girl
In her early years she had to learn
How to grow up living in a war that she called home
Never know just where to turn for shelter from the storm
Hurt me to see the pain across my mother's face
Every time my father's fist would put her in her place
Hearing all the yelling I would cry up in my room
Hoping it would be over soon

Bruises fade father, but the pain remains the same
And I still remember how you kept me so afraid
Strength is my mother for all the love she gave
Every morning that I wake I look back to
yesterday
And I'm OK

I often wonder why I carry all this guilt
When it's you that helped me put up all these walls I've built
Shadows stir at night through a crack in the door
The echo of a broken child screaming "please no more"
Daddy, don't you understand the damage you have done
To you it's just a memory, but for me it still lives on

Bruises fade father, but the pain remains the same
And I still remember how you kept me so, so afraid
Strength is my mother for all the love she gave
Every morning that I wake I look back to yesterday

It's not so easy to forget
All the lines you left along her neck
When I was thrown against cold stairs
And every day I'm afraid to come home
In fear of what I might see there

Bruises fade father but the pain remains the same
And I still remember how you kept me so afraid
Strength is my mother for all the love she gave
Every morning that I wake I look back to
yesterday
And I'm OK
I'm OK

 

The violin's came back on and after a few seconds the room went silent. Tears were now pouring down my face remembering the place I was in when I actually wrote the song and where I am today. I came out stronger and wiser and overcame something that no child or adult should ever face. Through watery eyes I looked over at Justin and Christina putting some final touches on the end of the song.

"I don't know about you J but I love it. Do you think you'll be able to get the songwriter to let me buy it?"

"I'm pretty sure once she hears you singing it, it won't be a problem...but no guarantees."

I didn't want them to know I was there so I stood up as quietly as possible and started walking towards the door. Just as I reached for the handle my cell phone starting ringing...there was no escaping now. I should have listened to Justin and changed it a long time ago. I turned my head hoping and praying that somehow they didn't hear it, but I was met with Justin's shocked face looking at mine. I slowly took my hand off the doorknob and turned around ignoring the phone that was still ringing in my bag.

"Hi," I whispered hoping my face wasn't too tear stained and my voice wasn't that shaky, "I...I was just leaving," my hand grasped the handle again and this time I opened the door and began walking out. Seconds later I felt his hand on my wrist pulling me back inside the studio and into his arms, "You're in so much trouble."

"I knew you'd be upset babe but I didn't think you'd be so mad you'd cry."

"I'm not crying because I'm upset...that was pretty incredible."

"You liked it?" he asked pulling me back and looking at me with hopeful eyes.

"I more then liked it. You were right, to hear it put together it's a totally different feeling."

"I'm so happy you feel that way...I knew you would."

"You were right, you always are. But I'm still mad at you for going behind my back Justin."

"I know and I'm sorry, but I had to prove it to you somehow. I'll make it up to you I promise."

"I understand..."

"Want to meet Christina?" I nodded my head and wiped under my eyes with my two thumbs. He kissed my forehead and took my hand and we walked over to the soundboard. "Chris this is my girlfriend Marissa, Maris this is Christina."

"It's so nice to finally meet you," she said standing up and giving me a hug, "Congratulations on the baby!"

"Thank you. That song...you sound incredible on it. It's amazing."

"Thank you. It's a great song, one that I can really connect with. Justin's going to work on getting the songwriter to sell it to me for my next album."

"He is huh? You think it's good enough for your album?"

"God yes. I mean I don't think I could have written a better, more heartfelt song myself. I mean the feelings and emotions in this song...I couldn't bring myself to spill them all out like that I don't think."

"Do you think the songwriter will sell the song once she hears Christina sing it babe?"

"I think that...she'd seriously consider it."

"Really? Do you know her too?" Christina asked.

"I do know her actually...and you know what, I think she'd be honored to sell that song to you."

"REALLY?" They both said at once.

Justin grabbed my arms and turned me around, "Is that a yes? For real it's a yes?"

"It's a yes," I said kissing him softly on the lips.

"Well, you've got yourself a song for your next record then Chris."

"How do you know? You didn't even ask the songwriter yet..."

"But I did, Marissa is the songwriter."

"I lifted up my right hand, "Guilty as charged."

"JUSTIN! You didn't tell me you were dating a songwriter."

"I didn't know I was until a few days ago. This will be her first song that she's sold. Chris she literally has hundreds of songs, songs that I didn't even know about until like two weeks ago. Notebook after notebook of songs that are incredible that she wanted no part in anyone seeing, recording or buying."

"Girl you better give me those notebooks," she said with a laugh.

"I'll think about it," I said.

"You have a talent millions of people wish they had...use it girl, you could change the world."

Chapter End Notes:
Everyone said to stick with the whole songwriting thing so I'm going to go for it. I hope you enjoyed the chapter...let me know what you think!


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: daddyj boyfriendj love proposal