The small orange bottle with my name written across it has been taunting me for a little over a week. The tiny white pills inside look all to familiar even though they are nothing alike. I couldn't bring myself to the pharmacy to fill the prescription so I made Justin do it for me, and it was the first time he left the house since taking his parents to the airport without me. I knew he would be fine and that I was just overreacting but I think my heart was racing the entire 20 minutes he was gone. All the more reason to actually take the pills that will supposedly help with anxiety. I sat at the kitchen table looking at the bottle, picking it up every once and a while to shake it just to see what it sounded like. I knew I should just open the cap and pour one out but I was scared, of what I don't know but I was scared. I pushed my seat back leaving the bottle on the table and walked into the living room to see Brayden asleep on top of Justin's chest. Justin was also sleeping, one foot hanging off the armrest, the other hanging off the side of the couch, Sports Center flickering on the TV. For some reason it took me back to the day I met up with Justin in Florida only a week after we had met. We've grown so much since then. I remember walking into that hotel room not knowing where the night would lead. I was there to talk about our plan if we were outted but when I saw him sleeping on the couch my only plan was to take his clothes off. And now over a year later I see him in the same position this time with my son on his chest, swarms of paparazzi outside waiting to get his first picture, and our face on some channel on the television and inside magazines at every newsstand, and my instinct is to gently take my sleeping child off of him, put him in his crib to sleep and go back and rip my boyfriends clothing off. I guess not everything has changed.

I picked Brayden up and took him to his room, kissing his cheek before putting him in his crib and watching him sleep for a few minutes, and then I walked back out to the living room and placed myself on top of my sexy sexy boyfriend. His arm went directly to the small of my back, something that I've gotten very use to and feel at ease right as it happens. He stretched before opening his eyes to a small squint and smiling at me. "You were snoring."

"I don't snore," he said pointing to his lips letting me know he wanted a kiss.

"I can't kiss you."

"And why not?"

"Because you were drooling..."

"I DON'T DROOL!"

"Yep, definitely got the wrong guy then," I said attempting to get off of him, but he held me down by my legs. "Remember Florida?" I asked once I gave in.

"Do I remember Florida? How could I not remember Florida? So much shit went down there, and we were only there for what like 2 or 3 days?"

"I remember walking up the stairs to your hotel room and being scared because even though I convinced myself that we wouldn't last and that I didn't love you I knew deep down that I did and I didn't know what to expect. I didn't want what I believed to be true, but I kept telling myself to expect the worst. Then I saw you laying there...snoring.... and drooling..."

"I was not and you know it," he said tickling my sides.

"Whatever makes you sleep at night," I said swatting him away. "The point is that I saw you there and just knew. I knew that my life had changed and it would never be the same because Justin Timberlake was now a part of it. And then all hell broke loose and it hasn't been the same since then. I can't believe it's been over a year, it feels like yesterday."

"And now," he said pulling me down next to him, "now we have a kid, and you've somehow managed to make me want to settle down and not work all day every day. We went through some tough stuff in the beginning, but I wouldn't have had it any other way."

"Did you know?"

"Did I know what?"

"In Florida, did you know that you loved me?"

"I think I knew the minute I saw you, but I was convinced that I was crazy. Then everyone flipped out on me, which made me think I was crazy all the more. I almost didn't come out to meet you when Eric brought you backstage because I had convinced myself that I was losing my mind."

"And then you got hit with the title wave that is my emotional instability."

"That I did," he said kissing my cheek, "but that's one of the many reasons why I love you. You wear your heart on your sleeve, and not many people do that anymore."

"Did you ever think that this is where you'd be right now?"

"Never in a million years," he said laughing. "Before I met you all I cared about was my music, producing and acting. After tour I was going to start recording right away and go back out on the road after I released a new album. My work was all I had basically. I mean I had my family and friends and stuff but I was the happiest when I was working. If someone told me two years ago that I'd be lying on a couch in my house in Boston with someone who started out as a fan that was now the love of my life, and my son was sleeping in his room today, I'd ask for that person to be committed."

"Any regrets?"

"Not one," he said without hesitation. "I've learned more this last year and a half then I have my whole life."

"Not possible," I said furrowing my brows at him.

"I'm not kidding. My whole life it was music, music, music. I've been working since I was 11, so for 17 years I've been learning how to work, and how the business works. Basically I just learned how to be a perfectionist. But ever since I've met you I've learned all about myself, and about how to make a relationship work, and how to put someone else before me. Now if something doesn't go as planned I don't have a nervous breakdown and I'm able to just go with the flow. You taught me how to do that."

"You know I sat on top of you with every intention of ripping your clothes off and having really hot sex, but you just went all sappy on me Timberlake."

"Clearly you've rub off on me...but not enough to not want to take full advantage of the fact that our son is sleeping and we're alone and awake for the first time in over a month," he said getting up and throwing me over his shoulder. He practically ran into the bedroom and threw me down on the bed before climbing on top of me placing small kisses over every inch of skin that was exposed. "I love you baby girl."

"I love you too," I said unbuttoning his shirt while he fiddled with the button of my jeans.

***

April 2009

I shook the bottle for what seemed like the thousandth time in a month. I knew I had to take one or I was going to go crazy. I tried to convince myself that I knew what my problem was and I could handle it on my own, but that hadn't worked yet. Justin was in the other room with Brayden who had been crying for about 20 minutes now, and knowing that nothing was calming him down put me in even more of a panicked state. I could hear Justin's muffled voice trying to sing to him over Brayden's cries, singing always worked, why wasn't it working now? I pushed down on the cap twisting it off for the first time and looked inside the bottle quickly putting the cap back on. It shouldn't be this hard. Justin would ask me from time to time if I'd taken the pills yet and each time I'd say no I could see a little bit of disappointment on his face, but he'd never question me or force me to do it. He knew that this was something that I had to get over and him being on my back about it wasn't going to help. Silence. Finally. I could still hear Justin quietly singing, and small whimpers coming from Brayden every few seconds but the screaming had stopped and they were both okay. My heart started to slow down and it was becoming easier to breath. I jumped slightly when I felt Buckley rub up against my leg. I reached down to pat his head and looked at the bottle sitting on the table. I really need to just get over it and take one. "I should just take one right Buck?" I asked the dog looking down at him expecting an answer. He just looked at me with those sad Boxer eyes, "I know...it makes me sad too when he cries...look at me I'm talking to a dog," I said sighing and leaning back on the chair closing my eyes.

"It's a little better then talking to yourself," I chuckled leaving my eyes closed when I heard Justin. The dog ran from my side, and I could hear his collars jingling as he ran up to him, "Tell her Buckley, you understand, you're a good listener." I finally opened my eyes to see him walking over to me. He quickly kissed my forehead before walking over to the cabinets and pouring two cups of coffee, putting cream and sugar in his and just a drop of milk in mine. I never realized how sexy he looked pouring coffee in only a pair of boxers until that very moment. Putting the mug down in front of me I wrapped my hands around it and put my head down on the table. It was 4 in the morning and we had been up all night. Justin was wearing his glasses but I could still tell that his eyes were bloodshot and the lines in his forehead were always present. My eyes felt like they weighed 100 pounds and God only knows what I looked like.

"Do you think we'll ever sleep through the night again?" I asked feeling his hand go to my face as he brushed a piece of hair out of my eyes.

"In about 18 years when he goes off to college...did you take one?" he asked pointing to the bottle sitting in between us but never taking his hands off the mug. I shook my head, aggravated with myself.

"I know that I should..." I said trailing off.

"You should only do what makes you feel comfortable. But I can tell that you've been flipping out for a half hour with me in there alone with him crying."

"Do you think I've gotten any better?"

"I think that you're trying really hard," he said taking a sip of his coffee, "but I don't think that it's something you can really control on your own."

"So no is your answer..."

"I'm not going to force you to take them Marissa, it has to be your decision. But if I were you I'd probably be taking them, especially with the wedding coming up things are going to get crazy and I don't want you to end up in the hospital or something."

"I'm taking one," I said getting up and getting a glass of water from the sink sitting down and grabbing the pills off the table. I twisted the cap off and poured a couple of pills onto the table. I put my finger on top of one and moved it around on top of the table. Justin stood up and finished his last gulp of coffee at the sink putting his mug in the dishwasher. He kissed my head and started walking towards the stairs, "Where are you going?"

"Upstairs...I'm starting to hallucinate from lack of sleep."

"But..."

"You need to do it on your own babe. You don't need me there too." I watched him disappear, first his head then his bare chest and lastly his feet. He was right, I don't need him to sit here and watch me take a pill, I'm an adult damnit with a child of my own. I picked a pill up of the table and tossed it from one hand to the other a few times before throwing it into my mouth and washing it down with a couple of sips of water. I slammed the glass down on the table a little harder then necessary before picking the other pills up off the table and putting them back in the bottle and walking upstairs with the half full glass and bottle in my hand. I walked into Brayden's room and stood over his crib watching him sleep. I was doing this for him...he deserves me at my best. I kissed my hand and put it on his cheek before walking back to our room with a little pip in my step. I got into bed next to Justin looking at the clock that read 4:30, and felt his arm wrap around me. An hour and a half of sleep was better then nothing, I thought to myself before placing my head on his chest and dozing off.

***

May 2009

"Married Marissa...MARRIED!"

"I know Amy...you really need to calm down. You've been so excited for almost a year now and now that the day is here you're flipping out."

"I can't even cook, how am I going to be a good wife if I can't even cook?" she asked pacing back and forth on the hardwood floors in my living room.

"You've been living with Trace for 11 months, it hasn't bothered him yet that you can't cook."

"I don't even have a real job...I just graduated from college for Christ sake. What was I thinking? I need to learn how to iron..."

"Sit down," I said grabbing her shoulders and pulling her down on the couch next to me, "you are getting married today whether you like it or not."

"You're my maid of honor, you're suppose to tell me to do what my heart is telling me, not force me to marry someone if I'm not 100% sure."

"I know that you're sure Amy. You love Trace. You haven't looked at another guy since you met him, and you've ALWAYS looked at other guys when you're dating someone. You two are perfect for each other and you know it, it's just another ring on your finger Amy it's not a curse or anything. And you do have a job...Trace just happens to be your boss but you still have a job that you receive a paycheck and an assload of free clothes from."

"If it's just another ring on my finger then why aren't you and Justin married?"

"Justin and I are...different," I said looking away and putting Brayden over my shoulder to burp him, "We have a kid."

"In most cases the kid comes after the wedding Maris."

"So we're a little backwards, we'll get married someday."

"Poor Brayden...a product of two people living in sin," she said taking him from me. I threw the cloth that I had over my shoulder at her as I got up to let the hairstylist who had been ringing the doorbell in the house.

"As if you two have been perfect angels," I yelled behind me just as I opened the door and much to my surprise found Justin standing on the other side of it. "You ring the doorbell like you don't have a key to your own house or something," I said getting on my tiptoes to kiss him.

"I didn't know if you two would be running around naked or something, I didn't want to intrude."

"As if that wouldn't be you greatest fantasy coming true," I said closing the door and slapping his ass.

"I do NOT want to see my best friends woman running around naked," he said glaring at me.

"If she wasn't your best friends woman and just my best friend it would be a different story though right?"

"Of course," he said laughing as he walked into the living room to see Amy bouncing Brayden on her leg. "You look like hell, give me my kid before you scare him."

"Oh great...now I look like shit too," she said getting up and running to the bathroom.

"Way to go Mr. Sensitive, as if she wasn't flipping out enough...AMY OPEN THEN DOOR!" I yelled pounding on the locked bathroom door, "Now she's never going to marry him."

"Well at least Trace isn't the only one flipping out."

"They really are perfect for each other...AMYYYYYYY!" The doorbell rang again and this time it had to be the hairdresser, "J go open the door please while I try and calm her down," I twisted the knob to the bathroom and the door finally pushed open. "He was just kidding Am," I said sitting down on the toilet.

"He was not, I look like shit."

"That's why we have makeup people coming. Do you think I'd go out in public looking like this? I haven't slept in days...if it makes you feel any better Justin says the munchkin is flipping out too."

"He's not munchkin," she said sternly.

"Do you love him Amy?" I asked sitting down on the floor next to her.

"Of course I love him, I wouldn't have said yes if I didn't love him."

"Then I don't see what the problem is here."

"What if I'm bad at it?"

"You won't be bad at it Am...You guys are like the perfect couple."

"But we have you and Justin as a buffer. If we fight Justin goes to my house and I come to yours, and you guys make us realize how stupid we are...but in two weeks you guys will be gone and it'll just be us."

"You can still call us Ams," I said putting my arm around her shoulder, "And everyone fights, you wouldn't work if you didn't fight. You love Trace, and Trace loves you. You two are amazing with Bray and you're going to have the cutest kids in the world...next to my son that is. I know how much you want to marry him, this is just nerves."

"You and Justin don't fight," she said putting her head on my shoulder.

"You have lost all of your brains if you don't think me and Justin fight. We fight almost on a daily basis."

"Then how are you guys still together?"

"Because we love each other, and making up is fun. Everyone fights Amy. I get it this is a huge step and it's a lifetime commitment, but you know this is right...we all do."

"I know," she said getting up and looking at herself in the mirror, "it'll just be really weird without you guys. We were like The Flintstones and the Rubbles and now you'll be gone and it'll just be us."

"You can't decide whether or not you want to get married on me and Justin moving."

"I know I'm being stupid...I guess I'm just scared, like I can't believe this is happening. Once minute your dating a celebrity and the next minute I'm marrying his best friend."

"Try having a celebrities baby and then we'll talk..."

"YO BITCHES...Let's hurry this process up huh? You got hair and makeup people here and I have to get back to the gnome and get this kid dressed, ring bearers this cute don't come without some work!" Amy looked at me trying to keep a straight face but started laughing within seconds of Justin's rant.

"How could you fight with that?"

"How could I not fight with that?" I asked with a laugh getting up and giving her a hug, "Let's go get you married!"

We walked out of the bathroom and Amy immediately walked up to Justin, I thought she was going to give him a hug or something but the minute she punched him in the stomach and he keeled over a little but I couldn't help the small laugh that came out of my mouth, "He is NOT a gnome you asshole!" She then proceeded to walk directly up the stairs and into the guest room to get her hair and makeup done without another word.

"She's fucking pleasant today," Justin said as I took the baby out of his arms, "I can't believe she just punched me!"

"I'd punch Trace if he called you a gnome."

"Well I'm not one so there's a difference."

"Cut her some slack Justin, she's getting married today and she's flipping out. Do you have all of Brayden's stuff to get him ready? There's two bottles in the fridge so that should be enough until after the ceremony, and make sure you take that little ring toy thing that keeps him occupied. What else? Oh I put the diaper bag by the door and there are plenty of them in there. If I forgot something just call me and I'll bring it with me." I said walking up the stairs with Justin on my tail to get Brayden's tux that I knew Justin didn't have.

"Are you okay with all this? Me taking him for 6 hours and all?"

"I'm perfectly fine," I replied blowing on Brayden's stomach to get him to laugh. He started kicking his feet and laughing from his gut causing both of us to crack up too. "It's about time Brayden goes out with the men...right my dude?" I said picking him back up off the bed, kissing his cheek and handing him to Justin. "Those little white pills work miracles."

"I'm glad your doing better babe, it's like your a whole new person," he said wrapping his arm around me and pulling me close to him. I wrapped my arms around his waist with a big smile on my face, "I think Brayden's glad too," he laughed as Brayden started kicking my head. I grabbed his feet with my hand and got on my tiptoes to kiss his cheek. Moments like this I've just recently started to appreciate to the fullest since I was no longer worried 24/7. "Alright we have to go, see you on the alter Mama."

"Good luck with the gnome Pops!"

"I hope she just heard you and punches you in the stomach..."

"She would never...bye Brayden," I said as I watched the two most important men in my life walk out the door. I sat down on my bed and took a deep breath to prepare for Bridezilla 2.0. This day was never going to end.

***

I was poking my head out of the silk curtains to see Justin walk out behind Trace holding the cutest ring bearer I've ever seen in my life. All three of them were wearing custom William Rast suites, and Brayden's vest and tie matched his Daddy's blue ones bringing out there eyes even more. I caught Justin's eye quickly winking at him before turning back to Amy fluffing her dress one last time and handing her her beautiful bouquet of flowers. "You ready to become Mrs. Ayala?"

"How do they look? Does Trace look nervous? Do you think he'll walk off when he sees me?"

"They all look great...especially my kid but that's besides the point. And he's definitely not going to walk off, not when he sees you looking this hot!"

"Thanks Maris...for everything. I wouldn't be here without you."

"You are so welcome," I replied hugging her one last time before I was told it was time for me to walk down the isle. I looked at Justin and saw him trying to point me out to Brayden, I waved to him even though he was too little to even notice, and the smile on my face got even bigger. Around me were 300 of Trace and Amy's family members and friends half of which were my own. I past Luke and squeezed his hand on my way, and hugged and kissed Amy's mother before I took my spot on the alter. Trace looked at me, with nerves and questions written all over his face. I gave him a thumbs up to assure him Amy would actually be walking down the isle. I then turned to watch my best friend walk down the isle in a custom Vera Wang gown. Tears immediately started filling up my eyes and I caught Trace brush some tears away out of the corner of my eye. She looked radiant, holding onto the arm of her father walking down to the man she would soon call her husband. Five years ago we were seniors in high school meeting for the first time on a tour for our perspective college, young, and very naive. And now we're all grown up. Amy's getting married, I have a baby, and we're turning into adults. I never even imagined this day would come; Amy was a player, a tease even and now she's about to commit her life to Trace. He walked down the steps and took Amy's hand as she kissed her father. Trace shook Bob's hand firmly and quickly wiped a stray tear falling down Amy's cheeks. I looked over at Justin and mouthed, "I love you," to him before taking her flowers and watching two of my best friends commit their lives to each other.

The ceremony went off without a hitch, minus Brayden screaming right in the middle of Trace's vows and me running across the room to take him from Justin. Everyone laughed when Trace turned around and asked, "Is that my nephew objecting to this wedding?" and I apologized profusely before returning back to my post and soon after they were pronounced Mr. and Mrs. Trace Ayala. With the seal of a kiss we were off the Ritz for the reception where pictures were taken and the open bar was flowing. After we were all introduced and Justin fittingly sang their first dance, we set up shop at the head table handing Brayden over to Grandma Lynn and Grandpa Paul. Soon, the microphone was back in Justin's hand and he stood up to give the best man's toast.

"I have known this little guy for the best part of my entire life." He was met with laughter, as he usually was when he cracked a joke about Trace's height. "Phew I'm glad I didn't get punched by Amy like I did earlier for calling her man short," he said reaching out his hand and holding onto Amy's. "But in all seriousness, Trace has been like a brother to me for my entire life, and we vowed 20 years ago to stay bachelors for the rest of our lives. We had big plans at 8 to buy a yacht and live on the water forever, meeting woman at sea. Clearly that didn't work out for either one of us, but in the end I'm glad that it didn't. I've seen Trace with his fair share of woman and this guy has no game, so I'm not entirely sure how he scored Amy but I'm really happy that he did. I've never seen him so happy before in my life...even when you give him treats he's not this happy, honest! These two together are like Lucy and Ricky Ricardo, and as dysfunctional as they are, somehow it works and they are so clearly madly in love with each other. They are the best aunt and uncle slash Godparents I could ever ask for for my son, and in giving up some of my best friend, I've somehow gained another one. I'm so happy to welcome Amy into our dysfunctional family. So to Trace and Amy, may each and every day that goes by be as special and as loving as this one. Amy, make sure the little guy gets fed at some point during the day even if its just scrapes. And Trace, if I've learned anything from my relationship...keep her happy, not only will it keep you out of the doghouse but the feeling of knowing that she's smiling because of you is one of the best feelings in the world. And last but not least...please have babies so that I can spoil them and get them hyper and then hand them right back to you guys right at the point of breakdown to deal with like you do to me! To Trace and Amy," he concluded raising his glass and toasting. After taking a sip of champagne he handed the microphone off to me.

"Unlike my better half over there I'm not sure if I can get through this without crying so I'm going to keep this short and sweet. I've only known Amy for 5 years but I feel like it's been a lifetime. We've been through just about everything life could throw at you together and I'm not sure if I would have been able to do it all without her. Like Justin, I've seen Amy with her fair share of men and I knew the moment these two met that we would be standing here today. They are friends first which is so important in every relationship, and seeing them together and so happy is something that everyone should strive for in there own relationships. So to Trace, for treating my best friend the way she should be, and for keeping the smile on her face. Keep treating her right or I'll beat your short ass. And to my best friend, keep Trace out of trouble because if he's in trouble Justin's usually with him and I just don't want to have to deal with that. I'm so happy you've found your Prince Charming. You deserve every good thing that happens to you in your life. Thank you for being the best friend anyone could ask for, and the greatest Auntie to Brayden. Congratulations on your happily ever after. To Amy and Trace!" Everyone applauded and took another drink. Just as dinner was about to be served, Trace and Amy stood up to give a toast of their own.

"We'd like to thank everyone for coming out here today, I know for a lot of you it was quite the journey to get to Boston from LA or Tennessee, and we really appreciate you doing that," Trace started. "We'd like to thank our parents for supporting us throughout this long, and quite stressful wedding planning process, and to our wedding planner Joe...none of this would have happened without him. I think everyone dreams of this day, even when you plan on being a bachelor for the rest of your life, and I for one can say this is pretty much exactly how I saw it going. But absolutely none of this would have been possible without Justin and Marissa. These two not only introduced us but also have supported our relationship from day one, and they've been the couple that we look up to and go to for advice. They've also given us our wonderful nephew who apparently from his shenanigans at the church objects to this marriage. But through watching them raise there son, we can now assure you that we'll make all of your dreams come true and have kids of our own one day, and I'm sure it will be J and Marissa that we'll be calling to help us. So thank you guys so much because without you we would have never found each other. We're going to miss you when you leave us, so come back and visit as often as possible." The tears that I was able to contain during my speech were now flowing freely. I stood up and hugged Amy, both of us sobbing mildly before walking over to Trace and hugging him.

"Take care of my girl or I'll kill you."

"I will...Thank you," he said with what I thought was a hint of a sniffle.

"You're welcome. I love you Tracey!"

"Love you too Champ!"

I haven't had as much fun as I did at this wedding reception in a really long time. Lynn and Paul were taking Brayden for the night back to our house while we stayed at the hotel. Around 8:00 I packed up all of Brayden's stuff and had a minor nervous breakdown knowing that this would be the first night without either Justin or me there. I cried like the fool that I am and watched them leave with my son and after a few minutes I calmed down enough to let loose just like I did before I became an old lady with a kid. This would be the last time all of us would be in one room together before Justin and I left for LA in two weeks and there was no doubt in my mind that I was going to live it up. I can't tell you how many shots of tequila were taken, or why I decided it would be okay for me to do the chicken dance in the middle of a huge circle of people, but I can tell you it was a night that I will never forget. As the night was winding down the band went from playing a fun dance song to "It's Your Love," by Tim McGraw and Faith Hill. I was sitting down talking to a group of friends when Justin came over to me holding out his hand.

"May I have this dance my lady?" he asked.

"Oh but of course kind sir," I said taking his hand and walking to the dance floor. We interlocked our fingers and I put my other arm around his back and he pulled me close to him, so close I could hear his heart beating. We danced in silence for a minute or two, his hand rubbing my back, and it almost felt like we were the only ones around. I lifted my head off of his chest and looked into his crystal blue eyes falling in love with him all over again.

"Did you have fun?" he asked still looking into my eyes. I simply nodded not wanting to take my eyes off of him. "What was your favorite part?"

"This," I replied reaching to wrap my arms around his neck. He leaned down to kiss me softly, "This is my favorite part."

"I was hoping you'd say that." The song was just about over but I didn't want this moment to end. It's amazing to me how you could be with someone for so long, have a baby with them, spend everyday together and still get butterflies when they touch you. After almost two years I can still look in his eyes and they take my breath away, and feeling his lips on mine sends fireworks through my entire body. Of course all of this was multiplied by a thousand due to how drunk I was, but even sober I felt the same way. "I have a surprise for you."

"Uh oh...are you up to no good again?"

"You'll see," he said kissing me again as the song ended, "I love you baby."

"I love you too J." We walked off the dance floor hand in hand and continued with our drunken stooper until about 3am when the only people left in the hall were us, Trace, Amy, Luke and Jen. We all walked to the elevators together and just as the doors opened and we got in someone put a blindfold around my eyes. "Really you guys? As if being this drunk wasn't bad enough you have to blindfold me too?" No one said anything until the doors opened again, they all walked out saying goodbye and I felt people hug me and tell me they'd see me in the morning for breakfast. I was left alone with Justin and once we got to our floor he ushered me by my shoulders to what I could only assume was my surprise. I heard him fiddle with and swear at the key and then heard the door clock behind us.

"You ready?"

"I suppose," I replied then felt him untie the blindfold. It fell off my face and I kept my eyes closed not really knowing what to expect.

"Open them," he said now standing in front of me. I slowly opened my right eye and then once I saw what my surprise was I opened the left one quickly.

"Oh Justin...this is the room. I didn't even make the connection!" We were standing in the Presidents suite of the Ritz Carlton Hotel, the same one we stood in on August 10, 2007 the first night we met. The first time I felt his touch, the first time he wrapped his arms around me in bed and I fell asleep listening to his heartbeat. Where the dining room table once stood was a bar table with two wooden stools. On one side was a tequila sunrise, and on the other was a jack and coke. "Sometimes I wonder if your the bigger sap in this relationship."

"Oh I don't think I could ever come close to that," he said reaching out his hand for me to take and he walked me over to my stool motioning for me to sit down. He sat down across from me and took a sip of his drink. "You got me thinking about how much has really changed since we met when you brought up Florida a few weeks ago," he started, "so...My name is Justin, I work in the entertainment industry and I've centered my entire life around it since I can remember up until a few years ago. I'm mostly a tequila kind of guy but sometimes I'll have the occasional beer or Jack and Coke if I'm nervous," he said pointing down at his drink, "I am by every definition a perfectionist and only want everyone in my life to be happy. I have a beautiful girlfriend whom I love with all of my heart, and we've recently welcomed a son named Brayden who is our world. I grew up in Tennessee, moved to Orlando and then settled down in LA. I've been living in Boston for about two years now but in a couple of weeks my family and me will be moving back to LA. I live a pretty crazy life, and sometimes it totally stresses me out, but at the end of the day I wouldn't have it any other way. What's your name?"

"Well," I said taking a sip of my own drink before continuing, "My name is Marissa, I'm a tequila girl myself with the occasional chick drink mixed in here and there. I've lived in Boston my entire life and I've hated ALMOST every minute of it. My life is all kinds of fucked up, but I'm happy and in love with my boyfriend and son so that's all that really matters in the end."

"Wanna come back to my place tonight?"

"I don't put out on the first date Justin."

"Good because neither do I."

 

Chapter End Notes:
Okay kids, how are we feeling? Are you still interested? Losing interest? How can I serve you better? We're almost done, after the next chapter we're taking another big leap in time I think. Let me know, and as always thanks for reading/reviewing!


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: daddyj boyfriendj love proposal