Author's Chapter Notes:
Thank you again and again and again for all of the reviews!!! If I could hug you I would!
 

My relationship is...strained? Don't get me wrong, I love Justin with all of my heart and soul and can't imagine being with anyone else, and I cringe at the thought of him being with someone other then me, but it's taking a whole lot longer to get over recent events then I thought it would. Truthfully I think the only thing that's holding us together right now is Brayden and that makes me really scared. When we do talk the conversation is about Brayden, and when we're together he's present as well. More often then not Justin sleeps in the guest room, not because I make him but I think he's just more comfortable there because of the tension between us. He's been doing really nice things for me, like attempting to cook breakfast or dinner, and watching Brayden for the day so that I can go get my hair done or get a massage. It's not going unnoticed, but every now and then I'll think back to that day 2 weeks ago when I found out he'd kept something beyond important from me and question if I can fully trust him.

We've been in LA for two weeks now and even though it is a nice and very welcomed change of scenery I can't say that I'm having the experience I thought I would be, and this is all due to the whole Justin thing. I woke up this morning with Justin's arm wrapped around me and I could feel his breathing on my neck for the first time since we got here. It was my birthday, where has the last twenty-three years gone? I threw the covers off of me and got up to check on Brayden who was still sleeping soundly, so I made my way down to the basement where the construction of Justin's studio had just finished yesterday.

It was my first birthday away from my friends, and even though we were going out tonight with our new friends in LA, it was for Christina's album release party and not really for my birthday. Add that to the list of things I was stressing out about. 9 out of the 13 songs on her album were mine so this was kind of like do or die for me. If the record is a hit then my career could take off, but if it fails I doubt I'll be getting any calls anytime soon. I was up on and off all night just thinking about it. I finally convinced myself I was good enough to do this, and I really didn't want to go back on that now. I ran my fingers over all the untouched buttons on the soundboard, turning the knobs and pushing others up and down. 21 years of living practically on my own, pay check to pay check, sometimes hoping I'll have enough money to eat that week, and on my 23rd birthday I'm living in a home with a recording studio. I walked through the soundproof door into the booth with the piano in it and sat down running my fingers over the keys. I was scared...for the first time in almost two years, I wasn't sure if Justin and I were actually going to make it.

I put the blank notebook that I was holding on my lap and put the pencil on top of the piano. I started playing a melody that I wrote back in Boston and as if it took no thought the words started flowing out.

I thought it was too good to be true
I found somebody who understands me
Someone who would help me to get through
And fill an emptiness I had inside me
But you kept inside and I just denied
Some things that we should have both said
I knew it was too good to be true
Cause I'm the only one who understands me

What happened to us
We used to be so perfect, now we're lost and lonely
What happened to us
And deep inside I wonder, did I lose my only?

Remember they thought we were too young
To really know what it takes to make it
But we had survived off what we have done
So we could show them all that they're mistaken
But who could have known the lies that would grow
Until we could see right through them
Remember they knew we were too young
We still don't know what it takes to make it

What happened to us
We used to be so perfect, now we're lost and lonely
What happened to us
And deep inside I wonder, did I lose my only?

We could have made it work, we could have found a way,
We should have done our best to see another day
But we kept it all inside until it was too late
And now we're both alone, the consequence we pay
For throwing it all away, for throwing it all away...

What happened to us
We used to be so perfect, now we're lost and lonely
What happened to us
And deep inside I wonder, did I lose my only?

I've never been in this place before. I've never not known if something was going to work or not. What if I'm losing him? What if I'm losing us? What about Brayden? What if I'm losing myself? Trust is so important in every relationship. If you don't trust someone how can you give yourself fully to them, how can you love someone without trust? I've never been so confused in my life. I let myself cry for the first time since the day before we left Boston. I've wanted to cry everyday since then but I absolutely would not allow myself to let one single tear fall. How did this happen? How did everything go from perfect one day and then in a matter of minutes turn upside down? I looked up after feeling arms wrap around me from behind, arms that use to feel so familiar but now seem so foreign. I don't know how long he's been in here, and I can't see his face to know how he's feeling. I removed my hands from the keys and put them on top of his knowing that I had to figure this out, I had to fix it. Not only for my sake, but also for his and Brayden's. I spun around on the bench, his arms still wrapped around me and looked at his tear stained face, and it was then that I knew he heard the song. I went to open my mouth to say something, but he shook his head pulling me closer to him so that our foreheads were touching.

"I miss you," he said through tears, "I miss our family. You said you wouldn't leave me but you did. You're physically here, but mentally you're gone, and I want you back. I'll do anything, please. I just need you back Marissa."

"I'm sorry," I replied wrapping my arms around his neck and taking in his scent, "I'm so confused...I'm scared Justin. I'm scared that everything is crashing down on me and I don't know how to fix it."

"Let me help you fix it. Let's fix it together. I just want us to be normal again. I want to see you smile, and I want to hold you and kiss you without thinking you might back away. Please let me prove to you that you can trust me again...please don't leave me..."

I nodded my head, knowing that this is not only what I needed to do, but it was what I wanted to do. Deep down I knew that I trusted Justin, and this was the one mistake that he has made this whole relationship. He was my soul mate and I was being stupid for not realizing this sooner. "I love you J, and I want to fix us," I said backing away and putting his face in my hands wiping tears away with my thumbs and looking into the eyes that I fell in love with so long ago. "I'll never stop loving you." He pulled me up and wrapped his arms tightly around me, and I put my head on his chest and rubbed his bare back. It would take a little bit of time, but we'll be back to normal at some point. Everyone fights, but this is the biggest fight we've had since the whole baby thing, but if we could get through that then we can get through this.

"Happy birthday," he whispered after a while, "today's a big day."

"Thanks...I'm scared to look to see how album sales are so far."

"I don't want you to worry about that right now...it's your birthday so lets celebrate that first."

"Let's go get Brayden," I said holding my hand out for him to take. His fingers laced with mine and I felt better. I was still confused and a little scared but we were now in this together instead of on opposite teams. He opened the basement door and we walked into the living room that was now completely filled with red and black balloons, and on top of the table were three presents that clearly were wrapped professionally and not by Justin. I put my hand over my chest taking it all in, apparently I was downstairs a whole lot longer then I thought I was.

"Go open them," he said pulling my arm closer to the couch. I picked up the envelope sitting on top of the boxes and ripped it open pulling out a piece of lined paper with Justin's writing on it.

Happy Birthday to the love of my life,

This is your first birthday that we've spent together, and the first birthday that you've spent apart from everyone else. I hope that I can make this day just as special as it would be if you were at home because you deserve the best.

You are my best friend and I love each and every piece of you from your heart, to you gorgeous hazel eyes, to your sexy legs, all the way down to each and every freckle on your body (and you have lots of freckles, so you know that's a lot of love). I couldn't have asked for a better mother for my child, and seeing you with him everyday makes me fall even more in love with the both of you.

You're a tricky person to buy for because I want to give you the world but I know you'd probably kill me if I did. So on the day of your 23rd birthday, I want you to know that the greatest gift I'm giving you today is my love, and I hope that you can accept that until your very last breath. I'm here for you always babygirl, I want to be your rock, and together I think we could possibly be the greatest team in the world.

I love you so much Ris...Happy Birthday!

Love always and forever,

Justin

He was sitting next to me now holding the first present out for me to take. I took the silver package in my hand and read the top of it.

When you talk, I cling on every word you say...

Carefully unwrapping the gift as to not rip the paper I pulled out 2 CD's. The one on top was in a clear case with no label. I looked at him in confusion. "You have to play it," he said, "but not yet, you'll understand later." Confused I put the CD on the coffee table, and then looked down at the other one in my hand. Christina was on the cover and the word "Stripped" was written across the bottom. She asked me a few months ago how I felt when I heard her sing that first song I ever gave her, and I answered with only one word...stripped. "This is your CD Marissa," he said after a moment, "it's her voice, but it's your CD." I ran my hand down the case before ripping the wrapping off and opening it to pull out the cover. I flipped to the first page and saw my name in parenthesis under the first song, "Music and Lyrics by (M.Mitchell)" A sudden sense of calm came over me as I read through the book and saw my name nine times. This was actually happening. "Okay okay open the next one," Justin said frantically after a few minutes.

I snapped out of my daze,

"Sorry, this is just so surreal...thank you," I replied taking the next gift out of his hand. It was a smaller box, and my mind immediately went to engagement ring and inside I started panicking. Sure we just decided to work things out but I still wasn't 100% back on the Justin bandwagon yet and if he proposed I don't know what I'd say. I looked down and written in the same color and lettering as the other box was,

When you move, just  like the breeze on a summer day...

Unlike the last gift I was hesitant to open this one. In my head I was sure this was an engagement ring and I wasn't sure how I was going to handle it. Do I want to spend the rest of my life with Justin? Of course, but I don't know if now was the time to make this announcement. Slowly I carefully unwrapped the box and pulled out a ring box with the words "Neil Lane" written across it.

"Justin..." I said not meaning for it to actually be said out loud.

"Just open it," he said softly rubbing my back.

"I can't...Justin now just isn't..."

"Marissa, just open the box please."

I closed my eyes and brushed my hand over the top before grasping the velvet top in my hand and pulling it up against my better judgment. With my eyes still closed I felt what was inside, and confirmed that it was without a doubt a ring, with three large stones, the one in the middle bigger then the two on each side. This was the moment we had talked about on and off for the past two years. Both of us going back and forth with the wants and need to be married, and just recently we both decided that we should do it now that we had Brayden. This was the moment every girl dreamed of, one that would only happen once in my life, and I wasn't ready for it. I didn't want it to happen right now, but I couldn't stop it. "J I know we talked about this," I started looking at him making sure my eyes didn't hit the ring in my hands, "But I just don't know if now is the right..."

"Stop," he said taking my face in his hands, "just look at it."

I closed my eyes again turning back to the ring, and after a few seconds opened my eyes and instantly placed my hand over my mouth. I was looking at the most beautiful ring I'd ever seen in my life and much to my surprise it absolutely was not an engagement ring, but a Mother's ring that I had mentioned wanting in passing a few months ago. The center stone was a large Amethyst heart, and on each side was a smaller round stone, Garnet on the right, and Alexandrite on the left. The middle stone symbolizing Brayden, and the smaller ones Justin and I. "This is amazing..." I said taking it out of the box and putting it on my right ring finger.

"I can assure you that I'll be down on one knee when I propose," Justin said laughing.

"It's not that I don't want to marry you J I just..."

"No explanation needed. I totally understand."

"Thank you...you've made it quite clear that you do actually listen to me because I even forgot I said I wanted one of these."

"Of course I listen to you...okay last one," he said handing me the largest box of them all. He placed it in my lap, and it was really heavy, and I was almost nervous to open it. On the top, just like the other two was another short phrase.

When you smile, the sky turns from grey to blue...That's what you do...

I slid my pointer finger underneath the paper to rip the tape off cleanly, and unveiled a plain white box. I pulled the sides up and took out what looked like a large photo album that weighed about 50 pounds. On the cover there was a picture of me sitting at the piano in Boston, with Brayden in his little bouncy seat next to it. There was a pencil in my mouth and a notebook open on my lap. One of my legs was crossed underneath me while the other was on the seat bouncing it up and down, and my hair was up in a messy bun, clearly I was writing. Under the picture in crystals "In My World" was written. I flipped the cover open to find an index with dates and song titles of all of my songs, and as I quickly flipped through the pages they were all in there, music and lyrics in black and white with no eraser marks or side notes. Almost like my own songbook.

"You had them in a million and one notebooks and you kept saying you wanted to get organized so, now your organized. And once you finish a few more notebooks we'll make you another one. You're going to know the minute you meet someone what song you want to give them, and this is going to make your life so much easier."

"Thank you Justin...thank you thank you thank you," I said leaning over and kissing him, "I love you."

"I love you too, but I kind of lied..." I gave him a death glare and he started laughing, "it's okay it's a good lie...you have one more present but Brayden has to give it to you."

"Justin, you've spent too much already this is ridiculous..."

"Come on," he said taking my hand and pulling me into the kitchen. The first thing I saw was his mother standing over the stove. She was visiting for two weeks mostly to be on hand to watch Bray if we needed her since these next couple of weeks were going to be a little crazy with the release of Christina's album and Justin going back into the studio. I then saw Brayden sitting in a brand new car seat smiling at me almost as if on cue when I looked at him. "I know how much you hated that fancy shmancy car seat, and Brayden didn't like it either so we both agreed to get him a new one for your birthday."

"Oh really? Did Brayden pick it out?"

"Of course he did! Lets go check it out, see if it's easier to put in the car then his other one." He walked over to the counter and picked up the car seat while grabbing for my hand with his free one. We walked out to the garage and it was empty. I looked at Justin and questioned where his car was. "I left it in the driveway, I was in a hurry this morning." He pushed the button to open the garage door and walked out in front of me while I made faces at Brayden who was laughing. "Alright Mama, check it out," he said holding the car seat up for me to take. I reached my arm out for the seat and out of the corner of my eye I saw a car that did not look like Justin's or his mothers. I looked up and saw a brand new silver Audi A5 with a huge red bow on top of it staring back at me. My jaw fell to the ground and I was filled with all different emotions. I was excited, I was happy, I was so angry with Justin for spending an obscene amount of money on my birthday.

"Justin Timberlake," were the only words I could form, "you are bringing this car back...this beautiful, perfect..." I was walking towards the car now and I ran my hand over the emblem on the grill of the car, "unbelievably amazing, car I've always dreamed of...you're bringing it back!"

"I absolutely am not bringing it back," he said with a chuckle walking over to me, "you love it and you know it."

"I do love it," I replied looking at him, "I love it Justin but we agreed to discuss big purchases, you know how I feel about you spending this kind of money on me."

"Okay then don't look at it as a gift...it's a necessity. You need a car, we're not in Boston anymore and public transportation isn't readily available."

"So I'll drive one of your cars, it's not like you don't have 6 of them."

"Hell no you won't! You are going to drive this car. It's yours and you love it."

"Why can't I drive one of yours?"

"Because...I've seen you drive."

"I'M A GOOD DRIVER!"

"You are a maniac, but I don't blame you it's just where you learned how to drive...Baby, this car is yours and I'm not bringing it back. So will you just forget about how much it cost me and be in love with it like I know you are please?"

"Justin it's just a birthday..."

"And I missed it last year because I was too busy being an asshole, so please? I promise you no more big purchases without talking to you first."

"She is absolutely perfect," I said turning my head to look at the car again glowing in the California sun, "I mean look at her all shiny and such..."

"See. You know you want to take these keys and go sit behind the wheel."

"You pinky promise no more big gifts?"

"Cross my heart, hope to die, stick a needle in my eye!"

"Thank you Justin...for everything. I honestly can't even believe this right now."

"You deserve all of it baby...Happy Birthday," he said kissing me on my forehead.

"Thanks...Let's go see how that car seat looks in my new car!"

"First why don't you play this in your new car stereo," he said handing me the unmarked CD that I totally forgot I had opened earlier. I took the CD and keys out of his hands and sat down on the black leather seats before turning the car on and popping the CD in the player. Seconds later Justin's voice filled the car.

When I was younger never went to far
Held my feelings and never even wanted to start
So when I met you, I didn't know
What you were gonna do with my heart

When you talk (I cling on every word you say)
When you walk (Just like a breeze on a summer day)
When you smile (the sky turns from grey to blue, that's what you do)

And your the kind of girl I think of
And your the kind of girl I dream about
My heart is telling me that I need you in my world (in my world)
Cause you my kind of lady (your my kind of girl)

When I'm not with you, where ever you are
Baby I'm counting the moments till I'm back in your arms
All I want is to have you here with me
Every night and every day, when you talk

(I cling on every word you say)
When you walk (Just like a breeze on a summer day)
When you smile (the sky turns from grey to blue, that's what you do)

 And your the kind of girl I think of
And your the kind of girl I dream about
My heart is telling me that I need you in my world (in my world)
Cause you my kind of lady (your my kind of girl)

Baby girl I need you here by my side
And if your there everything will be alright
Cause this is the time for us, baby be mine

And your the kind of girl I think of
And your the kind of girl I dream about
My heart is telling me that I need you in my world (in my world)
Cause you my kind of lady (your my kind of girl)

"You never fail to amaze me Timberlake..."

"I wrote that song two weeks after we met. Frankie had just died and I had learned so much about you that day. You were sleeping next to me and I wrote it on a piece of hotel paper and then sang it to my voicemail so that I wouldn't forget it. I've been waiting for the perfect time to play it for you."

"I love you," I said jumping out of the car and into his arms, "From this point forward everything that happened is behind me I promise. I love you and I trust you with my life. I'm sorry I've held a grudge..."

"You have no reason to apologize," he interrupted, "But I'm excited to be back to normal..."
***

I've never walked a red carpet with Justin before. Wait let me rephrase that...I've never walked a red carpet before period. Luckily for me this wasn't going to be this huge ordeal with ball gowns and millions of dollars worth of jewelry. I spoke to Christina the other day and she told me if I showed up in something other then jeans and a cute top she was going to ring my neck, so that was the outfit that I chose. Justin told me I had free reign of anything William Rast including the new fall collection that hasn't hit the stores yet so I picked out a cute pair of black skinny jeans and paired it with a top that Justin got me for Christmas last year that I haven't found the right place to wear it to yet. Last week I took my first big pay check and went to Rodeo Drive and had some sort of religious experience when I went into Jimmy Choo. I swear to you, I saw Jesus the moment the sales associate put the shoe on my foot. $2,500 later I walked out of the store with the most beautiful pair of shoes I've ever owned. They were also the most uncomfortable shoes I've ever put on my foot but who really cares about that? I looked at my outfit in the mirror one last time wishing that I could lose the last 10 or so pounds of baby weight that refuses to come off before I saw Justin appear behind me in the mirror.

"Ready birthday girl?"

Was I ready? No. I absolutely was not ready for this. I've dealt with paparazzi and I've done a few interviews with Justin, but it was never about my work. This time, Justin was there supporting me and not the other way around and I was literally shaking in my Jimmy Choo's! "We could just stay home..."

"But we won't...You look amazing and we are going so that we can all celebrate yours and Christina's accomplishments."

"This is beyond scary..."

"The red carpet will be over so fast you won't even know what hit you, and once we go in you won't be bothered for the rest of the night. You will be fine."

"Alright then let's get this show on the road." We said goodbye to Lynn and checked on a sleeping Brayden before we got into the car that was waiting for us.

The ride over to the House of Blues took forever and a day because much to my surprise LA traffic was way worse then Boston traffic, and it got even worse as we edged closer to the venue. We finally pulled up to the red carpet and my heart started beating out of my chest as I watched our driver walk over to Justin's door to open it. There were camera crews and reporters lining the entire carpet from the moment you stepped out of the car until the moment you walked in the door. The moment the door opened flashes started going off and people started screaming our names. Justin got out first and I took a deep breath before reaching for his hand and stepping out of the car. Flashes from the paparazzi were nothing compared to this, I was immediately blinded and I could hear my name being called from every direction. I held tightly onto Justin's hand, and followed his lead to the step and repeat. I never enjoyed taking pictures which is why I was usually the one behind the camera, so standing there with a plastered smile on my face looking in every which direction for five minutes was almost like torture for me. Then as if they knew how torturous it was people were screaming for Justin to step aside and to take solo pictures of me. Why they wanted pictures of just me was beyond my comprehension, and the minute Justin stepped aside my heart attack began. All I could hear was "Over here...Smile...MARISSA...Put your hand on your hip.... One shot over here please!" As if he knew I was about to pass out, Justin came back over after about a minute took my hand and led me over to the reporters.

"Are you okay?" he practically had to scream in my ear looking away from the cameras so that they wouldn't catch it on film.

"I feel like a caged animal and I think I'm going to die," my response though dead serious was met with laughter from Justin as we approached the first reporter. Looking in front of me I saw Ryan Secrest and was a little shell shocked for a second forgetting what I was actually doing. I still wasn't use to having celebrities in my face all the time and I could hear Justin laugh a little when he realized that I was still a little star struck even by Ryan Secrest. I expected to speak to him before the camera's actually started rolling but apparently that was another fact of this lifestyle that I was wrong about.

"We're live outside the House of Blue's for Christina Aguilera's Album Release Party, and with us we have Justin Timberlake and his girlfriend Marissa Mitchell who actually wrote the music and lyrics to 9 out of the 13 songs on the album. What's the atmosphere like for you guys here tonight?"

Insane. Crazy. Out of Control. I'm going to piss my pants...

"It's fun," Justin said after he realized I wasn't about to open my mouth, "I've heard the album, it's fantastic, and I'm always happy to come out and support a friend."

"Now you and Christina go way back, what's it like for you to see her be so successful now when you've known her since she was 10?"

"I've always known that she would be this successful. She's amazingly talented, and from the age of 10 she always took control and stood up for what she believed in. This album really showcases what she can do and I think a lot of people are going to realize that she's not just some pop star after they hear this album."

"And what is this like for you Marissa?"

 Oh shit he's talking to me..."This is...well to be honest with you this is a little intense for me. I've never been a part of something so big before in my life so for a first timer this is utter chaos!"

"Do you think Christina did your songs justice?"

"Oh 150%. It took hearing her sing one of my songs to actually convince me to give this whole songwriting thing a go. She is beyond talented, one of the best of not the best of our time."

"Have you worked with any other artist since?"

"I've sat down with a few other people, and we're hopeful that things will surface with that. I'm not going to be someone that just gives my songs out to just anyone, I want to get to know you and give you a song that will be great for not only me but especially for you. These songs mean a lot to me so I'm protecting them with my life."

"Do you think Justin will get to record some of your music?"

"Wellllllll..." I said jokingly looking at Justin, "We could sit down and have a chat if he'd like..."

"In reality she doesn't think I deserve her songs Ryan, but I've accepted it."

"You are awful," I said hitting him playfully.

"What are you wearing tonight Marissa?"

"Only the best...William Rast. And I got me some Jimmy Choo shoes..."

"One last question before you go...how's your son? What's it like being parents?"

"He's amazing," I said without hesitation, this was getting easier as we went along, "best thing that's ever happened to me."

"I can honestly say being a father is the biggest challenge that's ever been put in front of me, but absolutely the most rewarding as well. I love being that kids dad."

"Well thanks you guys and have fun in there...oh and Happy Birthday!"

"Thanks!" I replied turning back around before we walked 3 inches over to the next reporter. For what seemed like the rest of the night we were talking to different reporters answering the same questions over and over again. We got about half way down the line and I looked at Justin pleading to just go inside. He turned around and talked to his publicist and we walked past the last half of people. We were about to go in the door when someone from behind us screamed "CURLY," and Justin immediately flung around and ran over to his friend and former band member Joey who was reporting for the TV Guide Channel. I ran behind him, and he introduced me to Joey, as I've never actually officially met him only talked to him on the phone.

"Can I get an interview with you guys? I'll be quick..."

"Anything for you Joe," Justin said.

Before I knew it the cameras were rolling again and there was another spotlight on us. "I'm here with Marissa Mitchell who was a critical part of the success of Christina's album, and her boyfriend...some no name, what's your name sir?"

"Jose Rivera," Justin replied in a Spanish accent with a dead serious face into the microphone.

"Nice to meet you Jose...now Marissa tell me what its like living with a no name off the street."

"It's difficult most times Joey since half the time he doesn't even understand what I'm saying, but the poor guy needs a home you know?"

"I understand, I've always known you to be the charitable kind...now more importantly tell me what it was like for you the first time you heard Christina sing one of your songs because I know that you were totally against the selling of your songs before that..."

"Well as the story goes Jose here went behind my back and had her record one of my songs, and I walked in on them recording. At first I wanted to throw Jose out a window but then I actually started listening and it brought me to tears. This girl has talent beyond her years and she recorded some of my songs that I thought no one could do justice, and did just that. She is so passionate about what she does, and hearing her sing my songs was like therapy to me."

"Where do you draw your inspiration from?"

"My life...I've been writing since I was very very young, but I never really shared it with anyone. So most of the songs on her album are from years and years ago. During the process of selling the songs and being there for when she recorded some of them it was like a healing process for me. These songs mean so much to me, they basically are me so you can imagine it can be hard sometimes to part with them."

"Well I can tell you that you are an amazing songwriter...I've heard the album and it's pretty intense...but in all seriousness Justin, this is Justin Timberlake for those of you living under a rock and really think his name is Jose Rivera," Joey said into the camera laughing, "How do you feel about all this?"

"Honestly I'm just really proud of her. I know how much these songs mean to her and I see her working so hard to produce quality music, and this is really a defining moment for her and I'm just so happy that I can be here to support her, and that other people are going to be able to realize just how talented she really is. All of this is really out of her element but nothing that she does is to gain fame or anything like that, she has a good head on her shoulders and I think that she's really going to strive in the industry because of that. She's driven by the work that she produces not the number of times her face is on the cover of a magazine. I think with her songs mixed with Christina's vocal talent they're going to be an unstoppable force. I'm really proud of both of them, and for once I am happy to be here just to stand next to someone and support them, be here to let them know how proud I am and how much love I have for them, and not be here to promote myself!"

"That's really nice babe," I said holding back tears forgetting in the moment that we were being filmed.

"You two are going to make me shed a tear, that was really nice Curly...what's gotten into you?"

"Oh I don't know, age, love, having a kid...they all soften you...well, not you but most people!"

"So heartfelt...thank you guys for stopping I know you were heading in, and happy birthday to you lady this is a pretty good birthday gift if I do say so myself, and I'll see you guys in there. So nice to meet you Jose!"

"Gracias Signor!" Justin replied with a handshake. I hug and kissed Joey and we were finally escorted inside.

The moment the doors opened I heard one of my songs just like I did for practically the rest of the night. I'd heard the album before, and was there for when she recorded a lot of it, but hearing it in a club with a bunch of other people and seeing there response to it was a whole other level of exciting. People kept coming up to me and telling me that they loved my stuff and I got at least 50 business cards from record execs and artists alike asking me to contact them to set up a meeting to discuss maybe writing for them. Every time I turned around there was someone new to talk to, and the night went by so fast that it was hard to take it all in. It was crazy being somewhere with Justin and not waiting in the wings, holding his hand and dancing with myself, tonight that's what he was doing. This is what I had to look forward to, and I can't say that I'm mad about it. We saw Christina briefly when we first walked in but both of us were being pulled in different directions.

I was shocked to realize that it was 1am when Christina finally took the stage to perform a song. But before she started she gave a speech. "A huge thank you to everyone who has come out tonight and has supported me in the making of this album. It's been a long road, but it's finally released and I'm so proud of it. There is one huge thank you that I have to give though and that is to Marissa Mitchell. This girl is an amazing, amazing songwriter and my album wouldn't be what it is without her. I am so thankful to her for allowing me to sing her songs, and for letting me pick her brain. So thank you thank you thank you!" I ran up to the stage and gave her a hug before letting her start the song.

Her first single hit the airwaves about a month ago and it was one of mine. Hearing it for the first time on the radio was pretty surreal, and I prepared myself to hear her sing it today. Instead she sat in jeans and a wife beater with only a spotlight on her and belted out "I'm OK." I tried to hold my tears in but they came out about halfway through the song, and I felt Justin wrap his arm around my waist and pull me in close to him. I couldn't believe this was happening, my dream that I never knew I really had...it was coming true.

Chapter End Notes:

Happy, happy joy, joy they don't hate each other anymore! Don't you wish it was that simple in real life?

Song Credit

"What Happened to Us"-Hoobastank

"My Kind of Girl" - Brian McKnight ft. Justin Timberlake



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: daddyj boyfriendj love proposal