Author's Chapter Notes:
Holy dialog Batman! I went a little conversation happy this chapter. Also, I realized I should probably say I don't know or own Justin Timberlake, or any of the characters. But the comedian I mentioned in Chapter 4, really is my cousin and really did just open for Dane Cook so go check him out ::note the shamless plug!::
 I ran off the stage like I was about to catch on fire or something. The dancers and the band were all looking at me strange when I ran from one side of the stage to another in a matter of seconds to take my bow and get out of there. Bittersweet Symphony wasn't even half way over when I got to my dressing room. I barged through the doors and had my dogs jumping all over me like they did after every show, but I couldn't deal with them right now so I yelled for Rachel to come get them so that I could take a shower and figure out what I'm going to say to this girl when I'm finally face to face with her. Rachel came and got the dogs and I quickly told her what was going on and to stall if I wasn't out of the shower when Eric brought her back. I was halfway to the bathroom when Rachel grabbed my arm,

"Have you gone fucking insane Justin? What the hell is wrong with you?"

"No I'm not insane Rachel I'm just in a rush okay, I'm sorry I can't pay that much attention to the dogs right now, but I do believe I pay you to be my assistant," I think I was beginning to scream at her for some unknown reason.

"That's not what I mean Justin. You made Eric go get you some stranger to bring back to your dressing room. You don't even know her name, where she's from, if she's completely psycho, if she's a murderer. I know you don't like to admit it, but you're a superstar Justin, what if she turns into some stalker and tries to kill you and your family?"

"I know this is crazy okay, I know. But my instincts are telling me to jump and I'm jumping, and honestly Rach, when have my instincts been wrong?"

"Oh I don't know Justin, when you jumped and smacked a paparazzo in the face and got hit with a lawsuit. Oh and what about that one time that you decided to shoot a movie opposite your ex-girlfriend and your current girlfriend got so jealous she broke up with you because she asked you not to do it. And my favorite would be that one time when you literally jumped off of a fucking bridge and made your bodyguard go find some chick that you don't know anything about and bring her back to you so that you can what, have a quickie in the bathroom or something?" She obviously didn't think this was a good idea and made it clear when she took the dogs and started to walk out of the room. 

"Rach wait," I said, "I know you think this is stupid and dumb and insane or whatever you said, and honestly I don't know, I might be, but I just have to do this. I don't know why, but my gut is telling me I have to, and I'm so sick of doing what's right and what's expected to make everyone else happy, what about me Rach? Why can't I take a chance for me?"

"Can't you just take a smaller chance Justin? Ya know, baby steps. Like say no to an interview, there's a step. You'll have more time in your day and you'll be less cranky and happier right? Why do you have to take such a big chance and put us all in an awkward position? I don't want to see you hurt, and I also don't want to see myself in danger or anyone else for that matter!"

"If I'm less cranky will you feel better about this? I'll do anything Rachel...anything! What do I have to do to get you behind me on this?"

"Well for starters you'll give me tomorrow off," she said after taking in a big breath, and finally realizing that it might not be as bad as she thought. "And after that you'll promise me that you won't stay in here alone with her or at least have Eric standing outside the door in case this girl tries to stab you in the eyes or something."

"Okay, deal. Take the next two days off, and Eric will be right outside the door," I looked at her with puppy dogs eyes, that always worked with her.

"Fine, but don't come crying to me when something awful happens." She turned to walk away while Buckley started to try and get away from her so that he could come see me.

"BUCKLEY STOP," I screamed. He sat down and gave me the same eyes I had just given to Rachel. "And Rach," I said as she turned to look at me, "I'm not going to have a quickie in the bathroom, that I can promise you."

"Good, because that would be fucking gross." I chuckled as she left the room to take the dogs out for a long walk while I got ready to take a huge leap of faith. 


I was just about to step out of the shower when I heard Eric walk in the room. I immediately began to beat myself up. I couldn't believe I was actually doing this, what the hell is wrong with me? Rachel was right; I'm out of my mind. I turned the water in the shower back on and got back in, I couldn't think straight, I had to get my head together.

Eric knocked on the bathroom door and I heard it squeak open.

"J? I got her, well at least I think I did, I hope she's the right one, she's sitting on the couch."

"Eric, take her back, what the fuck is wrong with me I can't do this, I changed my mind."

"Is this a fucking joke Justin? You send me on a wild goose chase to find some random girl, who threatened me with mace mind you, and now you're telling me to get rid of her?"

"Yes, no, yes, GOD I DON'T KNOW!"

"Look, is this the dumbest thing you've ever done? Probably. But she's not crazy, and she's not going to kill you, so just go out there and talk to her if that's what you want, I'll even stay here if you want me to."

"Okay, as long as you say she's not crazy. Just make sure you stay outside the door just in case there's weapons or something involved," I rolled my eyes to myself, I couldn't believe how nervous I was about this. I meet people every single day and I've never had knots in my stomach or made this big of a deal about it.

"I'll be right outside the door man," I heard him start to turn away, "and dude, way to be so scared you had to hop back into the shower when you heard us come in you pussy," he said laughing loudly.

"ASSHOLE," I yelled as I heard the door click shut. I took a deep breath and let the steam fill my lungs. I still didn't know what I was going to say to her, but I could figure that out when I saw her. I turned the water off and threw a towel around my waist. The mirror was all foggy so I used the back of my hand to clear a circle. I looked myself in the eyes and told myself I was doing the right thing. I noticed that I was smiling and couldn't figure out why. I shook it off and threw on a clean pair of boxers, a wife beater and some jeans. I took one last deep breath and opened the bathroom door.

She was sitting on the couch with her eyes closed. She wasn't the type of girl that I would normally go for, but she was by no means ugly. In fact she was gorgeous just not my usual type. I played with the few curls I had making sure I didn't look like a hot mess. After a couple of minutes her eyes were still closed. She was twirling her thumbs and tapping her right foot, a nervous habit maybe. As I stared at her, I knew that I had made the right decision in getting her here; I knew that this girl was something special just by looking at her. I walked a little closer to her but she still kept her eyes closed. She knew someone was around her because I heard her make a small gasp. Let's get this show on the road, I thought to myself.

"Hey," I said more softly then I had expected. Her eyes opened but stayed on the floor.

"Hi," I heard even more quietly then my own muted statement. What was I suppose to say next? Maybe I should have planned this out a little more instead of just winging it. Her eyes were still on the ground, darting from one tile on the floor to another over and over again. I had to say something.

"Um, I know this is probably really strange and...stuff. But um, I saw you during the show and I just had to meet you." It came off as sounding so totally desperate and I cursed myself silently. She still didn't look up or say anything and suddenly I felt like I was standing naked in front of 35,000 people. "Now would maybe be the time to say something..." I trailed off.

She looked up slowly, stopped briefly at my mouth and nose and took in my whole face. I felt like I was some sort of display at a museum or something. Then her eyes met mine. They were the most beautiful hazel eyes I've ever seen in my life. I thought they were beautiful before, but now I was just captivated by them. She had small freckles lining her nose and blushing cheeks, and her lips, God I just wanted to touch them. I looked back into her eyes and she was still staring into mine. After what seemed like an eternity she stood up and I suddenly saw tears forming in her eyes.

"Don't cry," I said, "did I say something?" I questioned as I took a step closer to her.

"No," she said as she stuck her hand out to stop me, "I'm sorry I just, your eyes, I'm sorry, I just can't do this..." she ran towards the door but stopped just as she was about to open it and turned around to look at me again. "I'm sorry," she said somberly, "it wasn't suppose to be like this."

"Like what?" I asked.

"I'm sorry," was all she could say before she opened the door and walked out. I heard her crying, she kept saying I'm sorry, and why. But I just stood there dumbfounded, unable to chase after her.
Chapter End Notes:
Per usual, let me know what you think!


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: daddyj boyfriendj love proposal