This girl is something else. We walked and walked and walked around Boston. It was the most freedom I've had in years. No bodyguard, no one coming up to me and asking for an autograph. It's amazing what a baseball hat and darkness can do for you. She showed me all the places she hangs out at with friends, bars she goes to on the weekend, and the karaoke place she frequents, not to sing because according to her she's tone deaf, but to "watch people make fools of themselves." We walked by her school, which is literally spread out all over Boston, and we past her dorm. I waited outside for her while she freshened up, and decided to give Trace a call. He was the only person I knew that would be awake at 4am, and the only person I knew that wouldn't scream at me for doing what I did.

 

"What's wrong?" an out of breath Trace said as he answered the phone.

 

"Nothings wrong, I can't call my best friend? And what the hell are you doing that you're out of breath? If you were having sex and stopped to answer the phone that's just wrong man."

 

"Yes you can call your best friend but it's 4 in the morning, most phone calls at this hour means there's something wrong."

 

"You didn't answer the most important part of that question."

 

"I wasn't having sex. And if I was I wouldn't stop for you especially now that I know you call at 4 in the morning for no good reason."

 

"So you're just out of breath from reaching for the phone?"

 

"I'm doing Sweating to the Oldies okay?"

 

"Shut the fuck up. I hope you have short shorts and a tank top on...Sweating to the Oldies, who the fuck still does that? Do you have it on VHS or something?" I asked while catching my breath from laughing so hard.

 

"Fuck you dude...how is she anyway?

 

"How's who?"

 

"The girl that just left your hotel room that you made Eric get from the fucking audience tonight you psycho."

 

"Rachel just can't keep her mouth shut can she?"

 

"Nope, if you want info Rachel is the one to go to. Plus your mom called me in a panic and told me to 'go talk to your friend who has clearly lost his mind.'"

 

"First of all she didn't just leave my hotel room, I'm waiting outside for her right now. We went to a bar and walked around Boston, after she had some sort of panic attack or something. It's a long story that I'll tell you some other time. And second of all, remind me to fire Rachel tomorrow."

 

"She's just looking out for you man, she's your cousin. If you want someone to not care about you then you should have hired someone that wasn't a member of your highly protective family."

 

"Whatever, she needs to learn how to keep her mouth shut."

 

"So...tell me about the girl. It's not every day you pick a stranger out of the audience and take them to a bar and a romantic stroll around town."

 

"I know right, I think I sort of surprised myself. If I'm being honest with you I was scared as hell before I met her, but after talking to her and spending time with her I'm the most comfortable I've ever been around a woman. I've known her for a few hours but it feels like it's been forever. I know it sounds so stupid but I think I have feelings for her. After like 15 minutes I forgot that she was even a fan, until her cell phone rang with my song playing that is," I said with a chuckle remembering the look on her face when she realized what was happening. "But she's something else, she's special. I want to pick her apart and figure her out. She's not someone I'd normally want to do that with, I definitely wouldn't say she was my type but..."

 

"Are you sure you're not looking too deep into this J. You haven't had a relationship in a while, do you really have feelings for her or are you just looking anywhere for a relationship."

 

"Well...I guess I don't know, but I really do think I have feelings for her. It's a little scary."

 

"You know I'll support you in whatever you do man, but don't jump right into anything. You're on tour, you're a celebrity and she's...well...not a celebrity. I don't want to see you hurt, and honestly you've got to think about her too and how much of a roller coaster ride it would be for her. It would completely change her life, literally flip it upside down."

 

"I guess I didn't even think about that. She knows I'm on tour for another 2 weeks, and then I'm going back to LA...I mean we kind of talked about it and agreed to take it slow."

 

"And what exactly is it that you're taking slow?"

 

"I...shit she's coming outside I gotta go," I said as I saw her walking towards me with a duffle bag over her shoulder.

 

"Think about what your doing Justin...and don't just think about yourself," he said seriously.

 

"Thanks man...and sorry I took you away from Richard Simmons..."

 

"Go fuck yourself," he screamed before he slammed the phone shut. I clicked the end button on my phone while chuckling to myself. I looked up and saw her talking to someone who I assumed was her friend. The girl started pointing at me and I saw Marissa look at me nervously while shaking her head at the girl. She gave her a hug, walked outside and without even stopping grabbed my hand and practically started running down the street.

 

"Whoa, slow down, what's wrong?" I asked as I pulled her back to stop. She turned around and looked behind me before she started talking.

 

"This girl on my floor saw you standing outside and asked me if I was with you," she stopped for a second to catch her breath before she continued, "I thought she just wanted to know who the strange guy was standing outside so I told her that you were waiting for me. Then she asked me if you were...you. I told her you weren't...you...God that sounds so strange to say," she said laughing a little, "but I probably made a face and I don't think she believed me, so I'm trying to get you out of here so that people don't jump you like a dead car battery."

 

"Jump me like a dead car battery huh? That's one I've never heard before. You don't have to freak out, I have encountered fans on the street you know, every damn time I walk out of my house."

 

"I know but...can we just go...we were having fun and I don't want to be the reason it's ruined."

 

"Sure," I said as I started to walk again, "and just so you know, the fun wouldn't be ruined if I got stopped. I haven't had this much fun in a while." She didn't say another word to me until we got to the hotel. She stopped right before we got to the elevators,

 

"What floor are you on?"

 

"The top floor...20th I think."

 

"Oh," she said looking down at the ground, "is this really a good idea?"

 

"I already told you I'm not going to try and sleep with you."

 

"I know...it's just..."

 

"It's just what?"

 

"I don't really do elevators, I mean I got in one with Eric because I was frazzled but that was the first time in like 7 years."

 

"Are you claustrophobic or something?"

 

"No, something happened once in an elevator and ever since then if I get in one it brings me back and I basically have a panic attack. I'm a freak I know."

 

"We've already gone over this, you are NOT a freak," I said. "We'll take the stairs."

 

"20 flights? Why don't I take the stairs and meet you there."

 

"We're taking the stairs," I said as I grabbed the duffle bag off of her shoulder, "let's go."

 

What felt like thousands of stairs later we finally made it to the top floor. I was in shape, but damn was I out of breath when we got to the top. About half way up I realized that I was walking up 20 flights of stairs for this girl, that's got to mean something right? Anybody else I'd probably tell them to have a blast and meet them upstairs, or tell them I had a great night but that's just ridiculous. But this girl, I didn't even think twice about walking up 20 fucking flights of stairs with her so that we could spend just a few more hours together. I thought a lot about what Trace said to me on the phone too. What are we taking slow? A friendship or more? Do I really want to flip her life upside down? Would she even be willing to have her life flipped upside down? How in God's name is whatever this is going to work living 3,000 miles away from each other?

 

We got to my room and it took me 3 tries to get the fucking door to open. One day they are going to realize that plastic was not meant to open doors and go back to normal metal keys. I held the door open for her and let her walk in ahead of me. I noticed her looking around at what was one of the nicest hotel rooms I've ever stayed in. It was the Ritz, and the hotel room was over 4,000 square feet and a family of six could have easily lived here comfortably. I never understood why they got such a huge room just for me, all I really needed was a bed and a bathroom but since I'm Justin Timberlake they book me the fucking penthouse. The dogs must have heard the door unlock because they came barreling over to us. Marissa was so busy checking the place out, Brennon practically knocked her over when he jumped on her. She got down to his level and pet him while he licked her face, clearly she was a dog lover or that wouldn't be happening. I brought her duffle bag into the master suite, and changed into a pair of sweats and a t-shirt while she played with the dogs. When I came back out she was sitting on the couch in the living room with both dogs on each side of her legs. I sat down next to her and turned Sports Center on while kicking my feet up on the coffee table.

 

"You got quiet awfully fast," she said.

 

"Me? No."

 

"You haven't said a word since the lobby."

 

"Sorry, I didn't realize, I've just been thinking I guess." She curled her legs under her and scooted over closer to me.

 

"Bout what?" she asked before she grabbed my chin and spun my face so that I was looking at her and not the TV. I was now in the hot seat She was answering questions left and right all night and now it was my turn. It was a pretty involved question and I wasn't sure how to answer it. So I tried to turn the tables and ask her a question.

 

"What are you thinking about," I asked while tapping her knee.

 

"Oh no, you're not getting out of it that easily," she said, "what's on your mind." There was no way around it, I had to answer the question so I tried to do it as honestly as possible without making her think I should be placed in a mental hospital.

 

"I've never done this before, met a fan and do this...I know we haven't even known each other for 24 hours but I have feelings for you. I like getting to know you, I've had fun with you, you're just I don't know...someone I really enjoy being around." I took a minute to collect my thoughts before I continued. "I don't know what we have going on here, a friendship or something more, but I was talking to Trace on the phone when you went to change and he made me realize that if you get involved with me, I'm not the only one that's going to be effected. Being friends with me or dating me it's a challenge not only because I have my flaws but also because everything is put under a microscope. You're life would probably go from zero to one hundred in a matter of days. I don't want to do that to you if you don't want to, but selfishly I want you to want to." I squeezed her knee that was now on top of my legs and waited for a response. I was preparing for her to tell me that she has school and a job and can't have her life rearranged, and prepping myself to get over her as quickly as possible. I could tell she was trying to think of how she wanted to say what she was feeling. She said 'okay' about five times before she actually started her response.

 

"I haven't been comfortable having a normal everyday conversation with someone in a long time, never mind talking about myself or my family and what I want in life. I won't lie when I found out I was going to meet you I may or may not have shit my pants, I was scared and hoped that maybe I'd come out of it with an autograph. And then almost immediately I didn't care about the autograph anymore and just wanted to get to know the real you. I told you things that only one other person in this world knows about, things that I swore I would never tell someone again, and I told you within a matter of hours. It's almost like I can't even control what I'm saying. I have my life here. I just started my junior year of college, and I have every intention of graduating. I have my job, and my friends, and adding you into the mix would probably cause utter insanity." Here comes the tough part, I thought to myself. They always start with the good stuff before they break you down. "But I think I could go for some utter insanity in my life," my head shot up from looking down at the couch, "I have my flaws too Justin, A LOT of them. And I have a past that right now I'm not ready to share with you. I've been hurt by a lot of people in a lot of different ways, and I've built up a huge wall that will probably take a while to break down. But if you're willing to walk me through this...SLOWLY...I think I want to give this," she pointed back and forth between me and her, "a shot. I have a lot of baggage though I'm warning you in advance."

 

"I can handle baggage."

 

"Please don't hurt me. I don't know if I'll be able to put myself back together if you do. I can't handle the pain again." I turned my body and put both of my hands on her shoulder. I looked her dead in the eyes and told her that I would do everything in my power to never hurt her myself, and protect her from anyone else that tried, and then I closed my eyes leaned in and kissed her softly on the lips. After a few second she opened her eyes and with a huge smile on her face said,

 

"I think I might be able to get use to this."

 

"Me too," I said as I pulled her into a hug. We laid together on the couch watching Sports Center with the dogs both snoring on the floor next to us. After 20 minutes I could feel her breath steadying on my neck so I picked her up and brought her to the bedroom. She curled up on her side when I placed her in bed and put the covers over her. I began to walk out of the room when I heard her softly ask where I was going. "I was going to sleep in the other room, I didn't want you to feel uncomfortable." She sat up and opened one eye and said,

 

"The only way I'm going to be comfortable is if you're next to me." So I took off my shirt and got into the other side of the bed. She crawled over to me and threw her arm around me while nuzzling her head on the pillow right next to my shoulder. It just felt right. More then right, it felt perfect. I still didn't know what exactly we were, or how this was all going to work out, but at that moment I didn't care. All I cared about was that she was sleeping with a smile on her face, and after watching her sleep for about 10 minutes I fell asleep with a smile on mine.
Chapter End Notes:
Let me know what you guys think...if you even want me to continue! Thanks in advance for the reviews/constructive critisism!


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: daddyj boyfriendj love proposal