Author's Chapter Notes:
This one's a shorty, but it's necessary.  Enjoy and read-on for the ending. 

Chapter Four: Love All Over Me

 

| I know why he’s doing it. |

Wisteria stared at her phone, frozen in place.  It was a BBM from Morgan, something she wasn’t expecting to see this early in the morning especially since she told her that she was spending the evening at Justin’s.  She was up early cooking breakfast since Lynn had cooked dinner last night and was in the middle of flipping a pancake when she heard her personal Blackberry vibrating, indicating she had a message.  Wisteria took the finished pancake off the skillet and placed it on the waiting plate before taking off the apron and making her way to Justin’s study.  She closed herself in the room and called her best friend who picked up on the first ring.

“What do you mean?”

“Well ‘good morning’ to you to,” Morgan chuckled.

“You know what I mean.  Elaborate missy.”

“I was looking through his file and saw that he had no criminal record until the age of 22.”

“Yeah, I saw that too,” said Wisteria.

“Which was 5 years ago.”

“Okay…”

“Around the time that his mother was about to lose her house.  I went back and searched her financial history and her home in Memphis was about to be foreclosed.”

“Okay…” Wisteria said, still confused.

“Please tell me that something’s going to click soon in that pretty little head of yours,” Morgan sighed.

“So you’re saying that he started dealing to help his mom?  That timeline proves nothing, it’s just a coincidence, Mo.”

“Is it though?  The man didn’t even has a parking ticket before then and then all of a sudden all her bills are being paid in cash by him and he gets booked for a misdemeanor for illegal possession.  Come on Wisty, the signs are there hun.  You already told me that the kind of son who’d do anything for his mother, do anything to keep her safe and happy.  Maybe he found out about her money problems and wanted to help, but that 9 to 5 he had wasn’t going to cut it.  He quit his job in May of that year and was busted in August for possession.  They let him off with a fine and that’s when he came here.  But according to my sources he’s still sending her cash to pay her bills every month.”

“Do you think she knows?” Wisteria asked.

“I think she doesn’t want to know.  I think she’s in denial, I mean what mother wants to think that her son is a drug dealer?”

“You have a point.  So what do we do now?” Wisteria asked, running a hand down her face. 

“I don’t know, but I don’t think that he needs to be brought in and used as a scape goat.  He got mixed up in the wrong crowd Wisty, that’s it.”  The two women exchanged a few more pleasantries before Wisteria hung up the phone and made her way back to the kitchen to finish cooking breakfast.  Half an hour later she was joined by Lynn with Justin not too far behind her.

“Did you do this?” Justin asked between a yawn.

“Yep, I couldn’t sleep any longer and decided to get up and make us breakfast.”  He kissed her forehead sweetly and grabbed two pieces of bacon off of a plate.

“Well it looks delicious,” Lynn commented, eyeing the spread.  There was scrambled eggs, pancakes and waffles, sausage and bacon, biscuits and orange juice.

“You really outdid yourself, honey,” the older women said.

“Not really.  I love options at breakfast and Justin had everything I needed so I just whipped up a few things,” Wisteria smiled.

“Well it’s gonna have to be the two of you for this meal.  I have to run an errand real fast,” Justin said.

“At 9am?” Lynn questioned.

“Yeah, sorry Mama.  I’ll be back soon though.”  He kissed the top of her head and ran back upstairs to change and leaving out the front door 10 minutes later. 

“Looks like it’s just us girls then, huh?” Lynn asked, loading her plate and sitting on the barstool next to Wisteria.

“Yes ma’am,” Wisteria smiled.

“This is really good,” Lynn said between bites of food.

“Thank you, it’s not as good as what you made last night, but I’m working on it.”

“Baby, I’ve been cooking longer than you’ve been alive; you’ll get there,” Lynn joked.

“I hope so.”

“And if you keep cooking like this you’ll definitely be able to keep my boy.  That boy is head over heels for you, and I can see why.”  Wisteria felt herself blushing.

“I’m serious.  You’re beautiful, charming and you have a good head on your shoulders.  You’re probably the best thing that’s happened to him in a long time,” the older woman said, patting Wisteria’s knee affectionately. 

“That definitely goes both ways,” Wisteria said, looking the woman in the eyes.  Justin had his mother’s eyes. 

“Justin’s a great guy,” she began, “I am so lucky to have him in my life.  You raised a fine young man, Lynn.”

“I did what I could,” Lynn laughed, “But you’re helping shape him into the man he is now.  When he called and told me that he was dating you he spoke in a joyous tone that I hadn’t heard him speak in in years.  When he looks at you I see the adoration in his eyes.  He looks at you like I’ve never seen him look at another woman.  He loves you, Wisteria.

 

Must not have been paying attention
I stepped right on it didn't even notice how deep I was
I went from the ground to the top of the cloud
And now as I look down I see where I fell into your arms
Now I got love all over me

 

“And I love him.”

“I can tell,” Lynn smiled, “You two are good for each other.  A mother knows things like that.”

Wisteria was blushing again.  She looked down and continued eating, hoping that Lynn would follow suit, which she did.  Wisteria wasn’t sure if she was going to like the way this conversation was going to end.  How do you go about tell the mother of the man you love that he might not be a free man much longer?  How do you tell her that you work for the very agency that wants to make an example out of him, to use him as bait to get to a bigger drug lord?  Wisteria lost her appetite then.  She pushed her plate away and stood up, making up an excuse that she had been eating while cooking and was now full.  She excused herself and went back up to Justin’s room.  Sitting in the middle of his bed she let the tears that she were holding back fall silently. 

BUZZ!

Wisteria jumped out of the bed and searched for her purse.  Finding it she pulled out her work Blackberry and saw a one-lined email from her director. 

 

We have what we need.  I need you to get back to the office.

 

Now she really felt sick to her stomach. 

 

***

 

“Thanks to the intel that Barnett’s gotten us, I was able to get a search and seizure warrant for Timberlake.”

Wisteria stared in horror as her director briefed the room. 

“In 36 hours we’re going to search his home here and take him into custody,” Sanchez continued and Wisteria fought the urge to stand up and scream ‘NO!’  Being with Justin had truly changed her.  Never before in her 25 years of life had her moral compass ever faltered, but when it came to this man; she didn’t care about right or wrong. 

 

Even my skin is changing oh

You put the color back in my life
And now where there was black and white
you're becoming iridescent

 

She had 36 hours to do something, anything!  She thanked heaven that she didn’t have to worry about getting Lynn out, the woman was getting on a plane back to Memphis in a few hours; but that still left Justin.  The rest of the meeting was a blur, Wisteria was too concerned with getting home and wracking her brain some more.  What she was considering doing was illegal.  She’d definitely lose her job if anyone found out, but that would be the least of her worries.  She’d be facing felony charges as well if any of this got out.  Was it worth it?  Was he worth it?

Chapter End Notes:
Song Credit(s): "Love all over me" - Monica. 'Still Standing'


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: oral boyfriendj interracialj