A few days, after Justin beaten up Lance, Officer Smith started to question all guys separately.

Officer Smith: Where were you on May 21st at 7am?

Justin: I was driving to Chris’s place

JC: I was home.

Chris: I was at home.

Lance: I was at home, still sleeping

Officer Smith: What have you done there?

Justin: I talked to Chris about what happened between me and JC after I tried to apologize to him...    

Officer Smith: What did Mr. Kirkpatrick tell you?

Justin: He told me that one of the reasons why JC ran away from me when I apologized could be that Lance told him to break up with me...

Officer Smith: What did you tell Mr. Timberlake?

Chris: I told him that probably JC didn't forgive him because of what Lance told him. I talked to JC before Justin tried to apologize to him, and he told me that Lance said he should break up with him...

Officer: What had Mr. Timberlake done then?

Chris: He got very angry, cursing and yelling... He told me he was going to Lance's place. I tried to stop him, but he wouldn't listen to me...

Officer Smith: Is it true that you bought a gun at Will’s Wildlife Paradise?

Justin: (Takes a deep breath) Yes, it’s true.

Officer Smith: Why did you buy it?

Justin: I bought it... 'cause I wanted to make Lance feel the same pain I felt about JC breaking up with me, and I wanted to give him a lesson...

Officer Smith: Did you want to kill Mr. Bass?

Justin: No. I just wanted to scare him. That's all.

Officer Smith: What happened next?

Justin: I bought the gun and drove straight to Lance's place... once there, I started to yell at him and he started to yell at me as well... then I started to beat him because I was in such a rage with him... I told him to call JC and tell him to come back to me, 'cause it was Lance's fault that he broke up with me... I put some handcuffs around his wrists and he called him... he made JC come to the house, but I wouldn't let him come closer... when he approached the door, I pointed the gun to Lance's head, telling JC to not call the police, but...

Officer Smith: When did Mr. Timberlake rang your doorbell?

Lance: Around 7:30, maybe 7:45...

Officer Smith: What did Mr. Timberlake want from you when you opened the door?

Lance: When I opened the door, the first thing Justin did was push me into the house again, and started to ask me what I told JC

Officer Smith: What happened next?

Lance: Then, I told him what I said to JC, that he should take some time to think about all this and leave Justin for a while. Then, he started to punch me and kick me... He started to make me feel how he felt when JC ran away from him and when he refused to listen to his apologize... He grabbed me by my shirt and told me to call JC to tell him to forgive Justin... When I did and we were waiting for JC, He handcuffed my wrists, and told me to say exactly what he told me to say. JC arrived, and Justin told me to make JC not to come closer to the door... I did so, and JC started asking me what happened to me, and I had to lie to him...

Officer Smith: Did you try to stop him?

Lance: Of course! I was begging for him to stop!

Officer Smith: Did you provocate him?

Lance: Well, he started to insult me, so I started to insult him as well...  But when he started beating me, I tried to stop him... but he continued, harder each time...

Officer Smith: Why did you use the gun?

Justin: Just to make JC listen to me, and to scare Lance.

Officer Smith: Did you want to shoot?

Justin: Of Course not!

Officer Smith: What have you thought would happen when you hold a gun in a person’s direction?

Justin: (Sighs) I wasn't thinking about shooting, ok? I can't deny that the gun was loaded, but it was just to scare him, as I said

Officer Smith: Why did you let Mr. Bass call Mr. Chasez?

Justin: To tell him to come back to me.

Officer Smith: What happened when you got the call from Mr. Bass?

JC: I went straight to his house, 'cause he was asking me to, and he was crying, so I was really worried about him

Officer Smith: When and why did you call the police?

JC: I called the police when I hang out the phone after Lance called me, 'cause besides being worried about him 'cause he was crying, I had a really bad feeling that Justin had something to do... he started hating Lance since the time when he came with me to pick up my things and leave Justin...

Officer Smith: What happened next?

Justin: JC came to the house, but he stayed outside, 'cause I didn't want him to come into the house. I let Lance talk to him first, telling him what to say. I made Lance tell JC that he fell down the stairs, and that's why he was so beaten up. JC tried to come closer to the front door, and I made Lance tell him to not do so. When he didn't listen to Lance, I went out of the kitchen, where I was hiding, and I pointed Lance in the head with the gun and told JC to not call the police. But he already did when he came to the house, 'cause he heard Lance crying over the phone.

Officer Smith: What happened when you arrive Mr. Bass’s place?

JC: I called him on the phone, 'cause he told me not to ring the doorbell, and he opened the door, all beaten up... he suddenly yelled at me, telling me to not come any closer to the door. I stayed where I was and I asked him what happened to him, praying that Justin didn't do it. He told me that he fell down the stairs. Obviously, he was lying. And I knew it... he started telling me some things about Justin to make me feel that I should come back to him... and when I approached the door, Justin came out, grabbed Lance and pointed him in the head with a gun... I was frozen... I tried to calm him down, but he didn't listen to me... I tried to make him put the gun down, but he didn't... then when the cops arrived, he started to yell again...

Lance: Then, I started to tell him the things Justin told me to say... things to make him forgive Justin... But JC tried to come closer to me, and then Justin pointed me in the head with... with the gun. He started yelling so JC wouldn't come any closer, or call the police...

Officer Smith: Why didn’t you warn Mr. Chasez?

Lance: 'Cause Justin threatened me with shooting me if I tried to warn JC, and he threatened me with shooting JC if I made him come closer to the house...

Officer Smith: Why didn’t you stop when Mr. Chasez asked you for it?

Justin: ‘Cause I knew he wouldn't listen to me even if I did.

Officer Smith: Why didn’t you lie to him from the beginning?

JC: I couldn't think in that moment... I was shocked...

Officer Smith: Do you have many problems with your aggression?

Justin: No, I don't. You can ask anyone.

Chris: No. He’s a very nice kid.

JC: No, he isn't aggressive. He never was.

Lance: He can get angry really fast, but I've never seen him being aggressive or yelling at someone...

Officer Smith: Are you getting loud often?

Justin: No.

Officer Smith: Did you ever beat up a person before?

Justin: Never.

Chris: No, never.

JC: No.

Lance: Don’t think so.

Officer Smith: Did you think Mr. Timberlake could overreact, when he finds out that you talked to Mr. Bass?

JC: Not exactly... I mean, I knew that he would go to Lance's place to talk to him about all this, but... I never knew that he would overreact in such a way

Officer Smith: How long did you plan this?

Justin: It wasn’t even planned. I just went on a rage, when I heard Chris telling me it was Lance’s fault.

Officer Smith: Did anyone know you would hurt Mr. Bass?

Justin: No, but Chris knew I was going to talk to him. He told me not to hurt him...

Chris: No. Not even me. I told him not to hurt Lance, but he just wouldn't listen to me...

Officer Smith: Have you ever thought about the consequences?

Justin: Honestly, I wasn’t just thinking of anything else than going to Lance's place.

 Officer Smith:  Why didn’t you try to stop Mr. Timberlake?

Chris: I did, I tried to stop him, but as I said, he wouldn't listen to me.

Officer Smith: Why didn’t you warn Mr. Bass when you had the fear he could overreact?

Chris: I really couldn't think of anything in that moment. I just could think about what Justin would do...

JC: 'Cause, as I said, I didn't know that Justin would beat him up or anything. I knew he would talk to Lance about this, but not beat him up. I knew Justin wasn't aggressive, so I didn't think he'll overreact like he did...



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story