[Comments - 2]
Summary:

 

Layla showed up on Lance's doorstep one night with bruises, cuts, broken ribs...and a shattered soul from being in an abusive relationship with her boyfriend, Lucas. Secretly in love with her since they were kids growing up in Mississippi together, he vows that he will heal not only the physical injuries but the soul beneath them. When they start dating and she enters therapy to repair what Lucas took away from her, she thinks she's on the road to recovery.

But she finds herself left with zero self-esteem and respect for herself and the body that still has scars from years of abuse. The only thing that makes her feel good about herself is dancing – especially when her teacher tells her she's the best pole dancer in the entire class. When an opportunity presents itself to dance for money, she takes it, knowing that it's the only thing that will make her feel worth her salt again.

But she knows she can't tell her new boyfriend. And she has yet to learn that the cycle of abuse doesn't always stop when you get out of the relationship...especially if you don't learn to love yourself.


Rated: NC-17
Categories: In Progress Het Stories Characters: Lance Bass
Awards: None
Genres: Angst, Drama, General, Romance
Series: Energy
Chapters: 4 Completed: No
Word count: 9156 Read: 1055
Published: Apr 07, 2014 Updated: Nov 13, 2014
Send To: Printer or Microsoft Word
Story Notes:

 A lot of people wanted me to expand on my short story, Energy, but I never could really get the inspiration to write an entire story when Lance wasn't a main character that the story really focused around. Not only that but it's hard for me to write a story where he's gay. It's not that I have a problem with it obviously, it's just less inspiring to me. I write het fic because I know het fic.

But then this came to me. It exactly picks up from where Energy left off except for one main, major difference – Lance is straight. That's the only gap in the two stories – and no, I'm not going to go back and rewrite Energy to reflect the change, I don't see the need.

Here's your warning – this is not a “pretty” story. There seriously is no fluttery butterflies and rainbows and rays of sunshine to see here. Well okay maybe a few, because it is a romance and I have an affinity for shiny things and I like rainbows...but really. It's not pretty. It's graphic. You'll find it's actually sort of disgusting on some levels. But it's “real”, because I just don't write Mary Sues. You've been warned.

1. Prologue by creativechaos [Comments - 1] (692 words)
If you have not read my short story "Energy", I suggest you go back and read it before you jump into this one.

2. Chapter 1 by creativechaos [Comments - 0] (3336 words)

3. Chapter 2 by creativechaos [Comments - 0] (2769 words)
Layla begins therapy.

4. Chapter 3 by creativechaos [Comments - 1] (2359 words)