[Comments - 51]
Summary: A fiction following the lives of *NSYNC and their friends during the summer of 1999. Friendships are tested, lovers are united and all in the build up to the 'Ain't No Stopping Us Now' tour.
Rated: PG-13
Categories: Group, Completed Het Stories Characters: Chris Kirkpatrick, Group, JC Chasez, Joey Fatone, Justin Timberlake, Lance Bass
Awards: None
Genres: Angst, Drama, General, Humor, Romance, Suspense
Series: Start it Up Series
Chapters: 46 Completed: Yes
Word count: 185084 Read: 21135
Published: Jul 30, 2014 Updated: Aug 25, 2014
Send To: Printer or Microsoft Word
Story Notes:

This story was written in '99 by a friend of mine, and with her permission I've re-written it. It's very dear to my heart, and I hope people enjoy reading it! This story is for entertainment purposes only, and some dates have been changed to fit in better with the story line. Enjoy!

1. Chapter 1 by Pumples [Comments - 3] (6408 words)
Libby has boyfriend drama, and Clare is the target for the guys' daily antics. It's a tough job, but someone has to do it.

2. Chapter 2 by Pumples [Comments - 1] (5492 words)
Justin's feeling sorry for himself, Chris tries to open up to Clare and Libby tries to work through her feelings for Justin.

3. Chapter 3 by Pumples [Comments - 1] (2999 words)
The guys and girls have a friendly game of basketball which doesn't end well for Clare, and Libby has a showdown with Dan.

4. Chapter 4 by Pumples [Comments - 1] (2286 words)
Poor Libby has the rug pulled out from under her, but will she let Justin be there to comfort her, or will she push him away?

5. Chapter 5 by Pumples [Comments - 1] (4626 words)

*This chapter contains a graphic fight scene*

Justin lashes out at Dan, but can Libby stop him from doing something they'll all regret? And can Chris talk some sense into his bandmate before it's too late?

6. Chapter 6 by Pumples [Comments - 1] (6302 words)

Can the group make the best of what is left of their evening out? Can Justin pull it together and find a way to talk to Libby? Will Clare ever get her slow dance with JC?

7. Chapter 7 by Pumples [Comments - 1] (2114 words)
Two new characters are introduced, and Clare and Libby both try and come to terms with what happened the night before.

8. Chapter 8 by Pumples [Comments - 1] (4234 words)
Jamie gets some news that upsets her whole week, Chris and JC have a heart to heart, and Justin tries to make amends with Libby.

9. Chapter 9 by Pumples [Comments - 1] (3572 words)
Clare receives some upsetting news about JC that sends her into a rage. Can she keep it together and retain her professionalism, or will she let him have it?

10. Chapter 10 by Pumples [Comments - 1] (4403 words)
A week has passed, and it's Lance's birthday. Can the group pull off a surprise party without the birthday boy finding out?

11. Chapter 11 by Pumples [Comments - 1] (4198 words)
JC tries to confront Alyson about the newspaper article, Clare and Libby have a heart to heart before Justin and JC gatecrash their evening, and Lance gets a surprise at the movie theatre.

12. Chapter 12 by Pumples [Comments - 1] (4780 words)
Clare tries unsuccessfully to talk to JC about Alyson, and the day of the meet-and-greet arrives. Clare gets a shock she wasn't expecting.

13. Chapter 13 by Pumples [Comments - 1] (4947 words)
The men descend on the women's 'girly night' after the meet-and-greet, Joey has a surprise for Lisa on the beach and a surprise guest arrives.

14. Chapter 14 by Pumples [Comments - 1] (3462 words)
Clare gets a little tipsy, and gets more than she bargained for with JC. Libby worries about her studies.

15. Chapter 15 by Pumples [Comments - 1] (4330 words)
The group hear Lisa's news, Jamie gets a surprise from Chris, and Libby struggles to concentrate in class.

16. Chapter 16 by Pumples [Comments - 1] (4697 words)
Clare has an awkward conversation over the phone with JC and Chris and Jamie go out on their date. Libby pulls an all-nighter at the Compound to study until someone unexpected turns up...

17. Chapter 17 by Pumples [Comments - 1] (4921 words)

The group end up spending the evening down at the beach. Fun times ensue, but Clare begins to wonder if the good times will last...

18. Chapter 18 by Pumples [Comments - 1] (3952 words)
JC reminices and Libby get her exam results...

19. Chapter 19 by Pumples [Comments - 2] (3766 words)

*Things get pretty dark from here on in, keep with us folks, there's a silver lining*

Libby's missing and the group start to worry. When no one manages to find her, Clare starts to panic. Could something have happened to her?

20. Chapter 20 by Pumples [Comments - 1] (2905 words)
The group of friends try to come to terms with the news.

21. Chapter 21 by Pumples [Comments - 1] (1913 words)
The story behind Libby's accident is revealed...

22. Chapter 22 by Pumples [Comments - 1] (3293 words)
Things get pretty hard for Clare as she tries to deal with what has happened to Libby. Fortunately, Justin's mom, Lynn, is there to offer her comfort. Meanwhile, Justin tries his best not to fall apart.

23. Chapter 23 by Pumples [Comments - 1] (4481 words)
JC comes over so that Clare isn't left alone in the apartment, and Libby's mom arrives to see her daughter.

24. Chapter 24 by Pumples [Comments - 1] (5397 words)
Justin meets Libby's mom for the first time, Libby is scheduled for surgery and Clare tries her best not to let her worries overwhelm her. Meanwhile, JC struggles to be strong for Clare.

25. Chapter 25 by Pumples [Comments - 1] (2927 words)
Justin has a change of heart.

26. Chapter 26 by Pumples [Comments - 1] (3101 words)
JC receives some news that changes everything. Not only for him, but Clare, too.

27. Chapter 27 by Pumples [Comments - 1] (3503 words)
Clare tries to adapt to her new lifestyle of spending time with Libby at the hospital. Whilst there she bumps into Sara, who tries to convince her to take it easy.

28. Chapter 28 by Pumples [Comments - 1] (3589 words)
Lance finds out Jenny is headed back to Missouri, Clare has a meltdown at work and Lisa has a bad day at college.

29. Chapter 29 by Pumples [Comments - 1] (5992 words)
Alyson interrupts Clare's lunch break with the guys to share some big news. When Clare begins to fall apart, the person who comes to comfort her is not who she expects.

30. Chapter 30 by Pumples [Comments - 1] (4410 words)
JC tries to talk to Clare, Sara spends time with Jason and Joey convinces Lisa to go to see a doctor about her illness.

31. Chapter 31 by Pumples [Comments - 1] (3320 words)
Sara and Jason convince Clare to come with them to Spain, but when she hears about it, Jamie isn't convinced that it's a good idea.

32. Chapter 32 by Pumples [Comments - 1] (3917 words)
Clare prepares to leave for Spain, and Chris reveals to her the true reason for JC and Alyson's rushed engagement.

33. Chapter 33 by Pumples [Comments - 1] (4286 words)
Clare leaves for Spain, and JC overhears a conversation that that knocks him for six. Has he made a terrible mistake?

34. Chapter 34 by Pumples [Comments - 1] (3931 words)
Clare struggles with being so far away from home and deciding on her next steps. The group try to convince JC to call Clare on her cell-phone, and Lisa falls asleep in class.

35. Chapter 35 by Pumples [Comments - 1] (1736 words)
*This chapter is short because...* Justin finally admits his feelings for Libby out loud. *whoop*

36. Chapter 36 by Pumples [Comments - 1] (1649 words)
Sara arrives home and hears about JC's news.

37. Chapter 37 by Pumples [Comments - 1] (3637 words)
Clare decides it's time to come home.

38. Chapter 38 by Pumples [Comments - 1] (3818 words)
Sara has trouble keeping the guys attention during rehearsals and Clare arrives back home.

39. Chapter 39 by Pumples [Comments - 1] (5243 words)
The chapter you've all been waiting for! *Part One*

40. Chapter 39 (Part Two) by Pumples [Comments - 1] (4509 words)
*Part two of Chapter 39*

41. Chapter 40 by Pumples [Comments - 1] (4007 words)
Justin tries to work up the courage to tell Libby how he feels, and Libby's mom heads back to the UK.

42. Chapter 41 by Pumples [Comments - 1] (1949 words)
Clare finally tells Libby what happened between her and JC.

43. Chapter 42 by Pumples [Comments - 1] (3787 words)
Libby starts to recover and is finally discharged from hospital. Will Justin finally get the words out to tell her how he feels?

44. Chapter 43 by Pumples [Comments - 2] (5682 words)
The group find out about Libby and Justin, Clare makes a big decision, which leads to an explosive confrontation with JC, and Joey has a plan!

45. Chapter 44 by Pumples [Comments - 1] (6670 words)
*Second to last chapter, folks.* This story will be continuing in the next part, 'On The Road'.

46. Chapter 45 by Pumples [Comments - 2] (3943 words)
The day of departure for the tour has arrived, and the group have a surprise for Clare, but can they pull it off?