[Comments - 6]
Past Featured StorySummary:

"House of Cards" re-write, sequel to "Card Castle,", part 2 of the "Deck of Cards" series.

Won "Impressive Characterization of Lance" in NF's Season 9 Awards.

In the wake of the publicized trial against Lou Pearlman, and recording of the highly anticipated second *NSYNC album, No Strings Attached, the boys look to hire a new bass player that can help promote their new sound at  their live shows. That’s where Lance Bass’s friend, Annaleigh ‘Ace’  Carr, comes in. However, all bets might be off even before all the cards were even laid out on the table.

Lance Bass: Southern, compassionate, and fun loving fifth member of the ever popular boy band *NSYNC. Recovering from the surprising, sudden, and public court case win against the group’s creator, it looks like the boy band has everything going for them. With a new manager, new music, a new live band member in the form of his old friend, and new lives free from the master puppet Lou Pearlman the only way they can go is up. With his puppet strings clipped, Lance takes the time to learn about himself with no strings holding him back.

Annaleigh ‘Ace’ Carr: Smart, feisty, witty, sometimes scatterbrained, perfectionist; all the things that make up a hard working bass player. It was all the attributes that caught the attention of *NSYNC with the intention of hiring her as the new bass player for their live band. Traveling around the world, seeing the sights, meeting the people, and working with five of the hottest men on the planet; who wouldn’t want a job like that? She’s used to being in the background, following in Lance’s footsteps, but with her job on the line, she has to learn how to put herself in the forefront and deal with secrets that will shake her foundation to the core.


Rated: PG-13
Categories: Group, In Progress Het Stories Characters: Group, Lance Bass
Awards: None
Genres: Angst, Celebrity/Celebrity, Drama, General, Humor, Romance
Series: Deck of Cards
Chapters: 15 Completed: No
Word count: 98622 Read: 9162
Published: Aug 03, 2014 Updated: Feb 14, 2016
Send To: Printer or Microsoft Word
Story Notes:

Part 2 in the "Deck of Cards" series. "House of Cards" re-write.

Disclaimer: I don't own *NSYNC or their friends, family, or other celebrities mentioned in this fic and/or the other fics and I write in the future. I only own Alan, Jasmine, any other OC, and Annaleigh and her family and her plotline.

stories/2057/images/Banner_-_Ace_of_Spades.jpg

 

1. Cards Against Humanity (I) by AceofSpades [Comments - 2] (5331 words)
NSYNC is looking for a new bass player and Annaleigh Carr gets a personal invitation to try out.

2. Cards Against Humanity (II) by AceofSpades [Comments - 1] (4935 words)
NSYNC is looking for a new bass player and the boys put forth their best choices.

3. Small Town to O-Town by AceofSpades [Comments - 1] (6465 words)
With the help of her friends, Annaleigh convinces her dad to let her go to Orlando.

4. Let Her Go (I) by AceofSpades [Comments - 1] (7657 words)
Lance helps Annaleigh with her bass audition.

5. Let Her Go (II) by AceofSpades [Comments - 1] (8856 words)
Annaleigh worries about whenther or not she makes it into the band and Lance learns a secret about her family's past.

6. Jump Right In by AceofSpades [Comments - 0] (8607 words)
Lance worries about what this new album means for them and Annaleigh's first day of rehearsals.

7. Second Thoughts by AceofSpades [Comments - 0] (4239 words)
Aftermath of Annaleigh's first day.

8. False Pretenses by AceofSpades [Comments - 0] (5379 words)

Rehearsing for the AMAs.

A second chapter in one day! This was actually originally part of the last chapter, but due to some errors, had to split it in two seperate ones.

9. Jitters by AceofSpades [Comments - 0] (5923 words)
Annaleigh's nerves get the best of her as the AMAs loom closer.

10. The Road to the AMAs by AceofSpades [Comments - 0] (7334 words)
It's the day of the dress rehearsals for the AMAs and Annaleigh finds out what the boys go through to prepare.

11. This Is Where Your Life Starts (I) by AceofSpades [Comments - 0] (8383 words)
The AMAs!

12. This is Where Your Life Starts (II) by AceofSpades [Comments - 0] (8185 words)
And the second part of the last chapter. Sorry for the delay.

13. Birthday Blues by AceofSpades [Comments - 0] (4743 words)

Finally an update!

Lance gets to the bottom of what's causing his insecurities. Not wanting to see anyone sad on his birthday, Justin has a talk with Annaleigh.

14. Not a Bad Thing by AceofSpades [Comments - 0] (5147 words)

Annaleigh grows closer to JC, realizing they have something in common and meets his girlfriend, Bobbie, before getting a glimpse into the real world at the No Strings Attached release party.

(It's Christmas Eve!)

15. Comfort Food by AceofSpades [Comments - 0] (7438 words)
Annaleigh and NSYNC spend the last few days before tour rehearsals start with meetings, relaxing, and ice skating.