Author's Chapter Notes:

JC raised his arm to glance at his watch and Casey laughed. "We've only got like--"


"Thirty minutes," she interrupted, still pulling at his pants. "Better hurry."


heed the rating, loves. 

Amber craned her head around, taking in the opulent lobby of the Omni. The brown and cream marble floors were so highly polished she could almost see her reflection in them. There were several sections of seating spaced at intervals around the massive room. It was quiet, soft classical music being piped in from speakers that she couldn't see. A woman and man were seated on overstuffed armchairs on the other side of the lobby, and another woman was speaking with the person behind the front desk. Each sitting area boasted a small bouquet of various white flowers on an accent table; she recognized some as lilies but didn't know what the others were. The result was a lightly floral scent permeating the room, but not in a cloying way.

She smoothed trembling fingers through her blonde locks, sat down on a loveseat a few feet away from the elevators and pulled out her phone. In the lobby, was the text she sent to let Joey know she was waiting. She was nervous suddenly. She hadn't seen him in months and she hoped it wouldn't be awkward. And then there was Casey, and the fact that she still had no clue. She wondered if her friend was somewhere in the hotel or still out signing autographs. As she didn't want to run into her quite yet, she hoped it was the latter. She'd been planning on going straight to the venue, and then she'd gotten the phone call from Joey.

 

"Hello?" she says, maneuvering into her car.  

"What are you wearing?" the voice asks.

She smiles. "Joey."

"No, pretty sure you're not wearing me. Yet." She snickers and he continues. "Where are you?"

"Leaving work. I'm going to head home to change and then I'm going to the venue."

"Why don't you grab your clothes and meet me at the hotel instead. We've got a few of hours to kill before show time."


She'd gone home, quickly packed an overnight bag, and headed into the city. Thankfully traffic was light and she made it to the hotel in record time. After another five minutes or so, the elevator door opened and a man who was obviously a bodyguard stepped out.

She recognized the large black man as part of *NSYNC's security team, but she couldn't remember his name. When his eyes flitted in her direction, she gave a little wave and stood up.

"Amber, right?" He approached her, extending a hand.

She took his proffered hand and nodded. "That's me. I know we met before but I don't remember your name. I'm sorry."

"No need to be sorry. I'm Kevin and I'm going to take you to the fifth floor." He handed her a plastic tag on a black lanyard. "You need to keep this with you at all times."

Amber nodded and slipped the item around her neck and fell into step next to him, to head back to the elevator.

"I was told to bring you straight to Joey's room." He depressed the button to bring the elevator to the lobby and smirked.

Amber's face flushed bright red and she laughed nervously. "Um, OK. Thanks." She followed him through the open doors and took a deep breath as they made their ascent.

 

***

 

"So," Casey said against JC's neck. "We have some time..."

"Time for what?" He grunted when she bit his neck lightly. "No marks that I'm going to have to explain to Eloise, please. Time for what?"

She sat up, straddling his waist, and smiled.

He laughed at the wicked gleam in her eyes. "You look like you're plotting."

She ran her hands down his t-shirt clad torso, to the waistband of his pants. "Nope. Not at all." With a wiggle of her eyebrows, she hooked her fingers in his pants and tugged.

JC raised his arm to glance at his watch and Casey laughed. "We've only got like--"

"Thirty minutes," she interrupted, still pulling at his pants. "Better hurry."

It was funny, almost. The way her anger with Tony's unexpected appearance was, apparently, at least temporarily forgotten. And while they hadn't talked much about him, they had managed a decent talk about them, and ended on a good note. And now she was, well, she was trying to get him out of his pants. And for the most part, he wanted her to. But there was this voice, tiny but firm, suggesting to him that maybe now wasn't the time.

"Case, you were pretty upset when you came in earlier and--"

"And now I'm not," she interrupted with no small bit of defiance in the set of her jaw.

He tried again. "You know, you don't have to do this right now."

She blinked twice, slowly. "I want to." She pulled on his pants again.

With a snicker of acquiescence, and an almost subconscious decision to ignore the voice, JC lifted his hips and let her pull his briefs and pants down in one motion. After pushing the clothing down to his ankles, she scooted back up so that she was hovering over his knees.  

So maybe it wasn't a big deal, since she very clearly wanted to do this, had all but insisted on it. He was thinking about it all, while her eyes were on his, unblinking, and she smiled slightly, reaching for him. And then he wasn't thinking of anything but her mouth, on him.

He sighed when Casey took hold of him, gently running her fingers up and down his length. Within moments, he was growing in her hand and biting his lower lip. Not breaking their eye contact, she leaned over teasingly slipped her tongue over his tip. With a soft moan, she dragged her tongue down the full length of him on one side, swirled it around, and back up the other side. Taking hold of the base of his penis, she closed her lips over the head, sucking with gentle yet firm pressure..

JC's mouth fell open with a grunt and his breath caught in his throat as he watched her head bob up and down in his lap. Her tongue swirled over and around him, and as she moved up and down his length, her hand followed, adding gentle pressure as she stroked him.

"Casey," he managed through clenched teeth. "Mmm...fuck."

Keeping her mouth and tongue working on him, she released him, placing both of her hands on his upper thighs. She leaned over further, bracing herself on him, and massaged his thighs as her head bobbed. She worked him slowly for a few minutes, lips and tongue moving in tandem in a steady glide up, down and around.

JC placed one hand on her head and tangled his fingers through her hair, peering down at her. As her speed increased, so did his breathing. His eyes closed and he continued to mumble encouragement to her.  

Without thinking about it, he tightened his hold on the back of her head and began thrusting upward into her mouth. When she gripped his hip with one hand and with her other massaged him, he couldn't help the whimper that escaped his mouth.  

He was close; that familiar feeling in the pit of his stomach, the tightening in his balls told him so. And even though he was moderately sure she knew, he wanted to tell her. Just to give her a heads up. But with the way she kept swirling her mouth around him, the steady rhythm she was maintaining, much of what was coming out of his mouth was unintelligible, he was sure.

"Case," he grunted once. With that, he was careening over the edge...against the back of her throat.

Casey continued to suck him until he collapsed back against the pillows, breathing shallowly. She sat up and, with a coy smile, reached over and grabbed JC's wrist. "Fifteen minutes to spare," she said, looking at his watch. She leaned over and whispered in his ear. "Told you we had time."

Before she could move away JC grabbed the back of her head and pulled her in for a deep kiss. He ended it but kept his hold on the back of her head, staring at her intently.

"What?" Casey laughed a little.

He continued to look into her eyes, not quite sure what he was expecting to see. "You sure you're OK?"

"Don't I seem OK to you?" She grinned and pulled out of his grasp. "I should probably freshen up before it's time to go." With a wink, she hopped off the bed.

She did, he thought, seem OK. And maybe she was. Except that tiny voice was still in his ear suggesting that maybe she wasn't. With a groan, he pushed himself up off the bed. He needed to freshen up, too. And for the second time that day, he pushed the voice aside.

 

***

 

Joey cradled the phone against his ear and listened to the ringing on the other end.

A slightly frazzled female voice answered on the third ring. "Joey? Where are you? Your bodyguard told me he was taking me to your room, but--" She stopped short. "Hey, hold on; someone is at the door."

"Yeah, you should definitely answer that," he said.

Amber headed to the door and when she pulled it open, she found herself standing face to face with one Joseph Fatone, Jr.

"Welcome to Chicago," she laughed. She stepped back and hung up. When he continued to stand in the hallway smiling at her she said, "So, you planning on coming in or...?"

"I am definitely planning on coming." He smirked down at her. "You, too, I hope."

Before Amber could respond to the smart ass comment, Joey closed the distance between the two of them, letting the door shut behind him. He pulled her into an embrace, hands on her butt, his lips pressed to her neck.

"We should," Amber gasped, feeling light headed, "we should take to this to the bed."

Joey shook his head, pouting. "The bed? That's no fun at all."

Amber raised an inquisitive eyebrow.

"There is a perfectly good wall right here."

Amber bit her lip and nodded. "Yeah. That sounds...that's good."


***

 

Joey and Amber lay in a tangled heap on the floor, having eventually slid down the wall. "So why don't you want Casey to know about this?" he asked after his breathing returned to normal.

She groaned and slung one arm over her face. "It's not that I don't want her to know, I guess. It's just..." she faltered, searching for the right combination of words.

"Just what?" Joey probed when she failed to say anything more.

"Casey can be...well, you know," she supplied weakly.

"Not as well as you do," he offered. He untangled his legs from hers and turned over. "Can we get off the floor now?" He kneeled and reached a hand to help her up.

They each grabbed their clothing from the pile on the floor and began pulling on their underwear as they talked.

"She thinks she has to look out for me, I guess." Amber said.

"She think I'm dangerous or something?" He chuckled, pulling his shirt over his head.

"Nothing like that, but she, um, just kind of told me about the girls. On the road. That you, uh...encounter." She eyed him furtively, trying to gauge his reaction.

He snorted. "She thinks I'm a whore." It wasn't a question.

She shook her head quickly. "Casey really does like you, Joey. And she didn't say that. And anyway, it's about me and not you." Her expression became decidedly defiant.

Joey took a deep breath and measured his next words carefully. "You're fun, Amber. I've had fun with you. Twice. But, um, I mean you know it's just that, right?" He watched her from the corner of his eyes.

She nodded slowly. "You told me that before and I told you that I was fine with it. And I'm here now, right? This," she gestured between them, "is definitely fun. Even if it ends up being absolutely nothing more than exactly what it is right now.

"Casey just...she thinks she knows things about me now, based on things she used to know about me," she said finally.

He raised an eyebrow. "And what exactly does that mean?"

Amber shook her head. "I'm not trying to be your girlfriend, Joey. As for Casey and what she thinks.." She blew out a breath in a huff. "It's none of her business," she finished defiantly.

"Whatever you think is best." Joey looked over at the clock. "I'm going to jump into the shower before they come to get me. Are you riding to the venue with Casey?"

She shrugged. "I don't know what I'm doing yet. I'll see if I can find out while you're in the bathroom."

He nodded and gathered up the rest of his clothing. "Ok, well, I'll be in and out quick. We'll call Everett if we need to." He headed for the bathroom as she finished dressing.


***

 

They were back on the road to the Rosemont Horizon--Casey and Jasmine in the back, Dara in the passenger seat, Bruce driving. Their vehicle was the third in a line of four, with the other three carrying the rest of her dancers, as well as the members of *NSYNC and their security team.

Casey was only semi-aware of the conversation Jasmine and Bruce were engaged in; it had something to do with the Chicago Bulls and the home game they were playing that same evening against the Seattle Supersonics. She leaned her head against the glass and closed her eyes.

Everything about the day had felt off. It started in the morning; the conversation with Dara had been less than pleasant. Her manager wasn't happy to hear that her sharing a bed with JC had become something of a permanent arrangement. She was also not impressed with the fact that she wasn't consulted first.

Tony showing up at the autograph signing had almost ruined the rest of the afternoon, but a perfectly lovely interlude with JC changed all that. And it was nice, admitting her feelings finally. It should've been a load off her chest. And it had been, until ten minutes earlier.

 

JC's arm is around her shoulder and she's leaning into him. They, along with Bruce, Jasmine, Mike, Joey, Chris, and Eric, are all laughing as Lonnie finishes telling them about the two young women that managed to make it up to their floor, hidden in a laundry cart. With a ding of the bell, they reach the ground floor and the doors slide open.

They're walking through the doors, across the lobby. It's mostly empty, and the few people there are hardly paying them any attention. But her heart is beating faster and harder in her chest. And she can't even hear Lonnie anymore; his voice has faded into the background. And she's hyper aware of the fact that JC's arm is still around her shoulder. Chris is making a joke about something, and everyone is cracking up. And there come Lawrence and Christoff, along with Johnny, Justin and Lance and their security, coming out of the other elevator.

Justin catches her eye, nods and winks. He sees it too, the way JC hasn't let go of her yet. And they're getting closer to the automatic revolving door of the main entrance, and through the glass she can see there's already a bit of a crowd. Their personal bodyguards are communicating with hotel security, and her feet are carrying her ever closer to the door. And JC's arm is growing heavier on her shoulders and she stops, mid-step.

"What's wrong?" He's looking down at her, gorgeous blue eyes filled with genuine concern.

She smiles, drops to one knee, and lies. "Something's in my shoe. You go ahead. I'll see you soon."

He opens his mouth the protest, but Johnny chooses that precise moment to say something to him about something or other, and they walk away together.

Bruce comes up alongside her, and she removes the imaginary object from the heel of her shoe and when she looks up again, JC's already through the doors. She hears the screams of the fans outside, excited to get a glimpse of *NSYNC, and she stands up, feeling lighter.

 

Would he have walked through that door, under the watchful eyes of the throng of fans, with his arm still around her? The thought made her vaguely queasy.

And that wasn't even touching Amber. It'd been months since they'd since each other, since Amber left the tour. And since then, things weren't quite...well, the way they'd been before. They talked less, and when they did talk it was a little surface and sometimes almost forced. Casey hoped that seeing each other, face to face, would ease some of the tension.  

The plan had been to meet at the Rosemont, hang out before the show, and go straight to the after party at Shadow together. But Amber had sent a furtive text, saying that she'd come to the hotel first for some reason, and would just see her after the show. And by the way, where could she could pick up her room key. And never mind about the VIP pass, because she'd apparently run into Joey and he had taken care of securing one for her.

The whole thing was odd and all in all, Casey's head was beginning to swim. She couldn't wait to get to her dressing room and spend a little while with her family.

Without turning around from the front seat Dara replied, "What's wrong, Casey?"

She glanced up, seeing Dara's watchful eye on her from the mirror in the visor. "Nothing." She sighed deeply.

"Even if he's at the show, he'll never get close to you. You know that right?" Dara continued to stare at her through the mirror.

Jasmine's eyes narrowed and she looked between Casey and Dara. "Who won't get close to you?"

"You didn't tell her?'' Bruce asked from the driver's seat.

"No, I didn't tell her." Casey rolled her eyes and groaned.

"Tell me what?" Jasmine asked.

"Tony showed up at Sam Goody," Casey muttered under breath.

"What?" Jasmine's voice rose incredulously. "What happened? What did he--"

"Nothing," Casey cut in tersely. "I autographed a picture for him and he left. And could you guys please not saying anything else about it? I don't need my mom and dad freaking out over nothing.

"Anyway," she continued, getting louder when Dara tried to speak over her, "I'm not worried about him. I wasn't even thinking about him just now."

Dara swiveled in her seat, her gaze on Casey watchful. "Something else bothering you then?"

Casey turned her attention back to the window. "Just ready to get this show on the road, is all."

Chapter End Notes:

this chapter got long. looooong. so i broke it up into 3 unequal parts. smooches to ladyx, for reading this chapter a hundred billion times.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: missionary oral girlontop love tour abusiveex hotel boyfriendjc tourjc jc tabloids friendswithbenefits