Reese 

Micah's telling a story about something that I can't even begin to concentrate on because JC's leaning really close to me, and has his arm casually draped on the back of the seat behind me so his hand is hanging down and his fingertips are just brushing my shoulder. All I can really focus on is how he's so close I can feel his breath on my neck when he laughs. And my glass is magically filled again and I'm draining it.

We're all talking and laughing and I like listening to him. When he talks. Sometimes, I notice, he kind of sits back and lets everyone else talk. Like maybe he's kind of quiet. But then someone will ask him something and he goes on and on, almost rambling. And he's so animated and talks with his hands and he nods a lot and his sentences are punctuated with lots of ‘uhs' and ‘you knows.' But it's not bad. It's very, very cute.

He's telling a story right now about something that happened years ago with him and Eli. And his arm has dropped some because his hand is on my shoulder and he's kind of drumming his fingers against me. Almost like he doesn't even realize it. And he's moved closer to me, so our legs are touching and he's almost leaning against me. And every time he laughs I can feel it as this amazingly sexy vibration that rumbles through me.

And while I'm thinking that I need to figure out how to get him to leave with me, I remember Sasha and Bridgette and how I told them I was going to the bathroom and I've been gone for...awhile now.

"Shit," I mutter under my breath. But he's close enough that he hears me.

JC turns concerned eyes on me and moves even closer. "What's wrong?"

I shake my head with an embarrassed smile, my eyes flickering to his friends. They haven't even noticed. Micah's doing something on his phone and it looks like Stella and Eli are getting up to dance.

"I forgot about my friends," I say, shifting in my seat so I can pull my phone out of my back pocket. "They're dancing. I'm just gonna tell ‘em where I am." Knowing she keeps her phone tucked in her bra, I'm already texting Bridgette.

um...kinda met a guy coming out of the bathroom. he's cute. sitting/drinking with him and his friends now.

"They can come sit with us, if they want," he says, sounding genuinely  concerned.  

I take a sip of my drink while I wait for a reply. "Maybe..." I say kind of vaguely.

Truthfully, I don't want my friends to come sit with us. Because if they come over here, when they're ready to go, I'll have to leave with them. And truthfully, I'm trying to figure out how I can make it clear that I think I want him to go home with me.

I'm feeling like my education and degrees are currently useless. I need life experience type help right now. Before Bridgette can reply I'm typing again.

kinda want to take this guy home. help?

I'm really hoping JC isn't reading over my shoulder.

I angle my phone away from him slightly and a message from Bridgette pops up.

damn girl that was quick! you don't need my help to take a guy home. you close million dollar deals daily. certainly you can seal this one.

Not helpful, Bridgette. I roll my eyes. Real estate, even the semi-high dollar kind I'm involved in, isn't quite the same as taking someone home for the evening. Especially when I've had no experience with the latter. Another message pops up.

tell him your friends ditched you and ask him to get you home safely. he'll get the hint.

I snicker, text her a quick thanks, and lock my phone. I slide it onto the table in front of me and turn my full attention on JC.

"Everything OK now?" He's looking down at me with a smile that's kinda slow, and relaxed. And his face is a little flushed, and his pretty blue eyes are sparkling.

So in my line of work, people usually come to me already having an idea of what they want in their head. It's my job to try and find something in reality that fits the fantasy. Maybe Bridgette's right. Maybe this isn't so different from real estate after all.

I shrug one shoulder casually and reach for my drink. "My friends are ready to go." I toss it back. "I'm not." I set the glass down and look him right in the eyes. I'm hoping he gets the hint because I'm not sure I can be much bolder than that.

He's staring back at me now, that smile and the gleam in his eye becoming a little bit more pronounced. And for what seems like hours but is probably just a few seconds, he's just holding my gaze.

I almost can't keep eye contact with him because his eyes are just...intense. But at the same time, it's that intensity that's keeping me locked in him. I don't think I could look away if I tried.

Now he's looking at my lips. Like it's really, really obvious that his eyes shift down and he's watching my mouth. His eyes move down a few more inches and he's rather obviously looking at my cleavage. I'm so glad Bridgette convinced me to buy this expensive ass bra. If tonight goes the way I hope it will, I owe her more than wine.

I'm biting my bottom lip and when he meets my eyes again, the intensity in his has just increased by like, a billion percent.

He leans into me again and I get another whiff of his cologne and it's invading every one of my senses and I'm picturing putting my nose right against his neck and just...inhaling.

He opens his mouth and speaks. "Well when you're ready to go, just let me know and we can get out of here." And he's just staring at me, with this insane fierceness and I think I maybe forgot how to breathe.

My heart is thudding in my chest because he's still holding my gaze, even as he finishes the last of what's in his glass, and I'm pretty sure I know exactly what he's saying. Truthfully, I want to take his hand and run out of the club and into the nearest waiting cab. Before I completely lose my nerve. But I play it cool.

I put my hand on his thigh and move in so my mouth is right up against his ear. "Dance with me?"

Ok I guess I can be a little bit bolder. And I'm so gonna seal this deal tonight.



JC

So when she says she forgot about her friends, I'm feeling a little pang of something. Mostly I'm wondering if that means she's going to get up and join them. I mean, I'm feeling like she's into me, but maybe I'm wrong. Or maybe she's one of those girls who gets really friendly and really flirty when she's had a lot to drink. She's still doesn't seem drunk, but she's also sitting down.

She's texting her friends and I'm kind of curious about what she's saying but I'm trying to invade her privacy. I tell her they can come sit with us, if they want. I really, really don't want her to go yet. At least, I don't want her to go with her friends.

"Maybe," she says, when I say that to her. And it seems to me like maybe she doesn't want them to. And that makes me smile.

She reads something that makes her laugh a little and again, I wonder what she's saying. But in the next moment she's typed something and now she's putting her phone down and looking at me. I ask her if everything is OK and she smiles this smile that makes me nervous and excited all at the same time.

"My friends are ready to go. I'm not." She throws back the rest of her drink and sets the empty glass on the table next to her phone. And then she's just looking at me, like she's waiting for me to say--or do--something.

Oh, Reese.

Everything about her is intense. I don't even know how to describe it really, but her energy is just...wild. In the best way. I can almost literally feel sparks flying between us. And I'm not strictly talking about sexual chemistry. I mean, yeah. I'm looking at her and I'm thinking about sex; I won't lie and say otherwise. But it's not just that. I meet beautiful women all of the time. I mean, I walk out of my front door and I'm practically tripping over them. But I don't think about taking most of them to bed. And right now, I can't think of anything else. Which I know makes it sound like this is just about sex. But it's not. And I can't describe it. But it's something different. She's something different. And I know how that sounds, but it's the truth.

She's staring into my eyes and if I'm reading her right, and I think I'm reading her right, she's letting me know that she's game if I am. She wants to stay...with me. And then she wants to leave. With me. That's what her eyes are saying even if she doesn't exactly speak those words.

This girl.

I'm weighing this in my mind, turning it over and my head is telling me to walk away right now. Not because of her, but because of Tia. Because I have a girlfriend and although I've messed up in the past, I'm older and, I'd like to think, wiser. And I've never cheated on Tia. Yeah, I'm having some pretty major, uh, issues with us and our relationship. But I know the way to fix that isn't by going home with Reese. It's not fair to her or Tia.

But then Reese does this thing and I don't think she even realizes it. The tip of her tongue is suddenly wetting those luscious lips of hers, and then she pulls her bottom lip between her teeth. And my thoughts explode with images of her mouth smearing that red, red lipstick all over me.

I've made my decision and the words are coming out of my mouth before I can even really consider them.

"Well when you're ready to go, just let me know and we can get out of here."

The way she's looking at me now. Mmmm. She gives me a grin that I can only describe as absolutely wicked. Now her hand is on my thigh and I almost jump because it practically lights a fire in my groin. And now her lips are against my ear and I can't even help it when my eyes close. I can feel the warmth of her breath and very, very lightly, her skin on mine.

I hope she's about to tell me she's ready to go after all.

"Dance with me?"

She sits back up, conspicuously not moving her hand, and I am willing myself not to get too excited. She wants to dance. OK. We can do that.    
Chapter End Notes:
thanks to my loves--creativechaos & ladyx--xoxo!


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: randomhookup triangles otherwoman boyfriendjc jc producerjc cheaterjc