Author's Chapter Notes:
As always, thank you to elle-miranda for everything. Please accept three thousand open robed pictures of JC fresh off the press today as compensation.

 

His lips feel like fire. They turn the blood running through my veins into a stream of hot lava as he runs them over my skin. I shiver when the tip of his tongue feathers my fevered skin and then release a small gasp from parted lips. My mouth feels dry, I lick my lips and open my eyes to watch his journey over the valleys and peaks of my body. He is beautiful: his hair wild and curly, kinked  from the gripping of my fingers. His skin glistens with a slight sheen of perspiration as I watch his bare back clench and relax, the tight muscles of his forearms and triceps flex as they as react to his every movement. My heart beats wildly in my chest and though there are many things I want to tell him, none of them make it out of my mouth. Moans, sighs and gasps are the only way I can communicate right now. Especially since his mouth has now found a prominent peak and his tongue and lips are expertly moving over it as one of his hands covers the other possessively. And then his mouth is travelling again and his body weight shifts and he feels heavy on me. I welcome the weight and my legs wrap around his waist easily. It’s what I want. What I’ve wanted since he laid his eyes on me. I know it’s what he wants too because soon he’s whispering that into my ear using words that should only be used behind closed doors. I’m only half listening though, because as bare skin shifts over bare skin stars explode behind my eyes and my back arches in pleasure.  His breath is heavy against my cheek and I feel his-

 



“I’m home!”


Kyra gasped and pushed her chair back from her desk in surprise as JC’s voice sounded close to her ear. She barely had time to get her bearings before she heard his yelp and turned to watch him hop away from her workstation toward the door of her office.


“Goddamn it!” He yelled gripping his socked foot. “You rolled right onto my foot!”


“I’m sorry!” She yelled back over the loud bass of the music she’d been listening to as she’d been writing. “I didn’t hear-”


“Can you turn that shit down?” He yelled again, now leaning against the doorframe as he massaged his left foot.


She reached over and pressed stop on the CD player which had been blaring a sexy R&B song she’d had on repeat for the last hour as her fingers had flown across the keyboard. She tended to block most things out when she was on a roll and apparently she’d done it again.


“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to hurt you. I hadn’t heard you come in,” she started then narrowed her eyes at him as she crossed her arms over her chest. “Wait a minute, what the hell were you doing creeping behind me like some...creeper?”


He was still acting like the pain in his foot was the worst pain he’d ever felt in his life and she rolled her eyes at him.


“I wasn’t creeping! I yelled a few times when I came in and then I just followed the music. You know, you’re lucky I’m not on tour anymore.”


He made a big show of hobbling over to the edge of her L-shaped desk and then hopped on to take a seat as he usually did when they were in her office.


“Oh yeah? Why’s that?” She asked eyeing him teasingly.


“Because I’m damn sure you’d get in trouble for injuring me. I’m not even sure I can ever work again at this point. I might need an emergency amputation.”


She laughed and rolled her eyes again. “Sure.”


He eyed her in a fake angry look until he wasn’t able to keep a straight face anymore. He laughed and he shrugged before he reached down and gave his foot a final squeeze. “That did hurt for real though, but I think I’ll live.”


“Thank God. Or else I’d have your Mom, your manager and millions of pre-pubescent girls wanting to burn me at the stake if anything ever happened to you.”


He chuckled again and then nodded over to her computer screen. “Getting some writing done? I thought you’d submitted the second book to your editor already.”


She turned to look at her screen and suddenly remembered what she had been writing. She felt her cheeks flame as she tried to casually reach over to her mouse so she could click out of her word processor. “I-um, yeah. I did, I was just...um, writing something else.”


A look passed over his features and the hint of a knowing smile appeared on his lips only for a moment before it went away. He nodded and pulled his cell phone out of his pocket as she heard it vibrate in the now quiet room. He flipped it open and read what seemed to be a text before flipping it closed again.


“How was your trip? Did it go as well as you thought it would?” She questioned, crossing one leg over the other as she settled back into her chair.


He smiled and nodded. “Pretty good actually, and yeah it went better than I thought. I really like Dallas, I think we’re going to work together well.”


She nodded and smiled. The last few weeks had been interesting to watch as he’d seemed to have transformed from someone who had been momentarily lost on his journey through life to someone who again had purpose and goals.


It had all started almost two months ago when he’d met with a producer from Atlanta named Dallas Austin. They’d worked together to write and produce a song for an upcoming movie soundtrack and it’d gone well. Really well because for the first time since he’d ‘moved’ into her house during his hiatus he seemed to have a more defined sense of purpose.


She could tell from the way he talked about music again, the way he was making plans, even the way he walked. It was like some of his confidence was back and she enjoyed watching him. Not that she hadn’t been enjoying the down-home JC that seemed like he was just as happy tiling a floor or painting a wall than being in a recording studio, but she liked creative JC. Always had.


He’d seemed even happier last week when she’d arrived him from a shift at the bookstore to find him leading her into the living room where she’s been surprised to see a piano set up there. He’d explained that he’d cleaned it up and had had it tuned so that it could be used again. He’d asked if it was okay for it to stay in the living room and she hadn’t hesitated to say yes. The look in his eyes and the way he lovingly stroked the newly varnished wood of the piano indicating how proud he was of his work made it a no brainer. And as if she’d really needed any kind of confirmation that it was the right decision, he’d sat down and played her a song which would have severely skewed her decision making process anyhow.


“So yeah, I’m going to go back next week.” He said, apparently still talking about his experience with the producer in Atlanta while she was thinking about something else.


Kyra nodded and looked down at the bottom of her shirt to needlessly rearrange it . She knew that he would be able to tell that she was disappointed with the news and she didn’t want him to see it. It was silly really, she knew that he hadn’t moved into her house permanently. That he was just there to pass the time between now and whenever his next big opportunity came up.


“Also, since it’ll bring me pretty close to Thanksgiving I might as well just go directly to Florida for the extra couple of days. I’ll pick you up at the airport when you get in. It’ll be a practice run for when we travel home for Christmas.”


That caused her to look up and narrow her eyebrows slightly. “Christmas?”


He eyed her questioningly. “You said you’d come home with me to Bowie for Christmas remember?”


She bit her lip and turned in her chair to start absently tidying up her desk unnecessarily. She remembered telling him she would accompany him after he’d pressed her about it several times, but she really had had no intention of going home with him.


Especially not for Christmas.


“I’m pretty hungry, you want to get some take-out or something?” She asked as she stood from her chair and started heading for the door of her office, clearly trying to avoid the subject.


“Yeah, sure. Just...wait.” He reached out and grabbed hold of the hem of her shirt to keep her from leaving. She turned to look at him and he reached to slip his fingers through hers, tugging her closer. She sighed and let him pull her close, felt his arms wrap loosely around her waist. He waited until she looked at him and then he held her gaze for a few moments before speaking.


“Ky.” She looked away from him and he spoke her name again. When she returned her eyes to his he continued, “It’s okay to be scared to go back.”


She shook her head. “I’m not scared.”


He shrugged. “Okay, well maybe not scared. But I get why you may not want to go home, especially during the holidays.”


She lifted a shoulder slowly but didn’t say anything.


He tightened his arms causing her to move closer and she leaned her forehead down onto his shoulder. He reached up to move her hair from her neck and leaned down to press his lips gently against it. “I’ll be there with you. And everyone really wants to see you.”


She sighed again and raised her arms up to wrap around his neck to give him a hug. She held onto him until she finally spoke quietly, “I’ll think about it.”


He nodded and kissed her temple. “Okay. That’s all I ask.”


After a few more moments of holding each other the moment was broken by the sound of her stomach crying out for some sustenance. She hadn’t eaten much today and she was paying for it now.


He chuckled and they broke apart, she rubbed her stomach self consciously. “Sorry, guess I’m hungrier than I thought. I was writing and got caught up I guess.”


He shrugged and hopped off the desk, his earlier life-threatening injury apparently forgotten. “Let’s get you some food.”


She started to follow him out of her office when he suddenly stopped walking and looked back at her, causing her to bump into him. “And by the way, you realise that I’m right here right?”


She raised her brows in question, not following his train of thought.


“You don’t have to keep writing about it; it can actually happen.”


The last words were spoken so close to her lips that she felt his breath brush against them. It didn't take much for her to know what he was referring to and she blushed.


She didnid’t have time to answer when he pecked her lips quickly and grinned. “But one hunger at a time, shall we?”


*


About forty-five minutes later Kyra heard the kitchen side door close and watched as JC came back in carrying two brown paper bags stacked on top of each other. “Sorry, the place was packed. I had to wait twenty minutes just to order.”


“It’s okay, gave me a chance to clean up a little bit. You didn’t have any issues?”


He shook his head as he placed the two bags on the table and started ripping the paper to pull out the foam take-out containers which contained some fresh fish and chips from a new restaurant a few blocks away. They’d been meaning to try their food since they’d opened a few weeks ago but hadn’t had the chance to. JC had offered to go out and get their order but she’d been unsure if that was a great idea since he still garnered quite a bit of attention when he was out in public. Still, he knew how to act and dress in order to minimize the chance of recognition so he chanced it once in awhile so that he didn’t feel like he was constantly stuck indoors.


“Nah. The girls waiting in line behind me thought I couldn’t hear them whispering, but I could.” He laughed as he set out the food and accepted the beer she handed him as she joined him at the table. “They didn’t make a scene though, so I’m glad.”


She nodded as she took a seat at the table across from him, taking a deep breath as she took in the smell of the freshly fried fish and hand cut chips. “This looks great. Did you happen to get me some extra tartar sauce? I forgot to mention it wh-”


She grinned and laughed as he pulled out two extra plastic condiment cups filled with what she assumed was tartar sauce. “Thanks.”


He grinned back and nodded as he also took a seat and pulled his meal closer. “I heard good things while I was in line, so I’m hungry!”


As he started attacking the pile of fries, she started eating the coleslaw and smirked at him from across the table. “So, how much did you actually read earlier?”


He laughed, breaking off a piece of fish and watched as steam rose from the two pieces. “Enough to know that I should probably walk around with my shirt off more often, ya know? So you can watch my back muscles flex with every movement…”


She threw a fry at him and he laughed again. “And you just assume that I was writing about you? A little conceited don’t you think?”


He shrugged and then twirled a strand of his long hair in one of his fingers. “I mean, who else has wild, curly hair that makes you want to kink it with your fingers…”


She rolled her eyes and laughed again as she picked up her piece of fish and took a bite. The batter was crisp and light, the fish flaky and fresh. She hummed in satisfaction as she chewed slowly and swallowed before taking another bite. She was just about to tell him how good she thought the fish was when the tell-tale tingling at the back of her throat started.


Her eyes widened and she leaned forward to spit out the bite of fish still in her mouth. It had been so long since she’d been through this that she panicked, grasping her throat and quickly standing to run over to the kitchen sink.


She heard JC calling her name and then the sound of what was probably his beer bottle tipping over and rolling onto the floor with a crash just before she felt his arms go around her waist and she started gasping for breath.




*








Chapter End Notes:
Such an exciting day for the JC fandom! Go check out the clip of Opening Night featuring our man if you haven't seen it already. Not before you leave me a review to let me know if you want me to keep going on this story! Thanks!


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story