Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks again, elle-miranda my favourite cheerleader and editor.

Kyra bites her lip and plays with the hem of her short sundress uncomfortably as he pulls his car into her driveway.


She's trying to figure out a way that she can grab her purse and high-tail it out of the car before he asks her out again without coming off like a massive bitch.


Yeah, he is relatively nice and handsome, but he knows it and he often crosses the fine line between confidence and cockiness, which completely turns her off.


After all she'd only accepted his invitation after several requests from him. He'd started getting annoying so she'd figured that if she just went out with him once, it would keep him from bugging her again. And then, if you add the fact that she is leaving in little more than a week for college, she'd figured that she wouldn't have to deal with him again anyway.


"I had a nice time,thank you," she says softly as she pushes some hair away from her face. It had been a really warm  summer day and they'd driven with the windows down to help cut some of the humidity. But now as the sky is darkening and the forecast calls for thunderstorms, she looks forward to him leaving even more so she can get changed and settled on the couch before anything starts...especially since her Mom is working overtime tonight and she'd have to face it all alone.


She turns to him and smiles before looking down to unbuckle her seatbelt, when suddenly she feels a warm hand settle on her bare knee. She glances over at the hand and then her eyes follows the arm up to a pair of green eyes that have suddenly moved a lot closer than before.


She opens her mouth to say something but he cuts her off by pressing his lips to hers while that hand immediately tries to travel up under her dress.


She cries out against his lips and places a hand on his chest while the other tries to keep his wandering hand from her thigh.


"Stop it, Dan!" She finally gets to say loudly when she's able to separate their lips by pushing his chin roughly.


"What's wrong Kyra? You said you had a good time," he says as he leans in closer to start kissing her neck.


She struggles against him again and just as her hand wraps around the door handle to escape, a loud voice startles them both.


"Everything okay here?" JC asks, standing beside the car looking through the driver's side window with a very unamused expression on his face.


While Dan gets temporarily distracted by JC's presence she grabs her purse and gets out of the car. "Everything is fine. Dan was just leaving," she says as she slams the passenger side door.


Dan, who now has just realised that she's left the car, turns toward her and says,"Aw, c'mon Baby. We were just getting started." He turns back and winks conspiratorially at JC.


JC narrows his his eyes and leans down closer to Dan's face. "No, I'm pretty sure you were leaving."


Dan looks between JC and Kyra quietly for a moment then scoffs and starts his car while mumbling under his breath. "Fucking tease".


JC raises an eyebrow. "What was that?"


Kyra groans and starts to move away from the car so she can go around and pull JC away. She really doesn't want them to get in a fight, but then Dan looks up as he puts his car in gear and says, "I said everyone knows she only puts out for the rat from Orlando."


JC's chest inflates and she can see his knuckles turn white on the windowsill of the car. Before either man can make a move Kyra pulls the car door open again and leans down to ram her fist straight into Dan's groin causing him to howl in pain. With a satisfied smile Kyra gets back out and slams the door for the second time that night. "Drive safe now, Dan."


Moments later as Dan is speeding down the street with Kyra waving him off, JC walks over to her with a smirk on his lips and says,"So...remind me never to piss you off again."


She looks up at him with a slightly miffed expression. "He deserved it. And anyway, I had everything under control." She crosses her arms over her chest. "You didn't need to come save me, you know."


He scratches his neck and shrugs. "I know...I was just taking out the trash and heard the commotion. I just wanted to make sure you were okay."


He looks up at her with a sheepish smile and even if she'd been really mad at him, she never could  resist that smile. She still gives him a pointed once-over, taking in his black basketball shorts, red sleeveless tshirt and backwards black baseball hat, but then she rolls her eyes and shakes her head before she reaches forward for a hug. When his arms encircle her she squeezes him tightly taking in his familiar, freshly showered smell. "It's okay.When did you get in?"


She feels the pressure of his lips on her hair before he replies. "A few hours ago. When I called earlier your Mom said you'd gone out on a date."


She pulls back from him and chuckles. "Yeah. In hindsight, not the greatest life choice." She shrugs and nods over to the house. "You want to hang out? Or you have something planned?"


He shakes his head. "Nah, nothing planned. Your Mom working tonight?"


She nods as they start walking toward the house and she unlocks the door. She slips off her sandals on the carpet near the door and walks over to the fridge. She pulls out a Snapple Iced Tea then shuts it with her hip as she snaps open her drink and takes a long sip. When she motions the bottle toward him, offering him some, he shakes his head.


"You want to watch a movie or something? I just need to change and I'll be right back."


He shrugs and nods. "Sure. I'll go peruse while you change."


Ten minutes later Kyra walks into the living room to find JC sitting on the floor, his long legs stretched out in front of him and his back resting against the couch.


She places a large pink and green polka dotted plastic bowl full of popcorn next to him on the floor before she grabs a pillow from a basket next to the couch. After she lays down on the couch behind him and shifts so she can reach down into the bowl, she grabs a handful and asks, "So, what's on?"


JC keeps flipping channels while he also reaches into the bowl and stuffs popcorn into his mouth. "Not much...just that lame horror movie we watched a few months ago." He answers around his mouthful before he places the remote on the rug next to him, grabs another handful of popcorn and starts munching quietly.


As the couple on screen starts to get a little intimate, she hears him shift and then he asks quietly, "So is it true that everyone thinks we're...sleeping together?"


She bites her lip and turns so that she is completely on her side behind him. "I...um, yeah. I've heard it before," she answers looking at the back of his head.


He turns on the carpet so that he's now sitting cross legged, facing her. "Does that bother you?"


She watches him for a moment before she shrugs self-consciously. "I don't know...not really, I guess."


He chuckles softly and reaches for a bit of hair that has fallen over her face. He pushes it behind her ear and says, "You guess?"


She shrugs again. "I don't know. It's just that everyone expects me to have gone further than I actually have you know? The guys that ask me out think I've already gone all the way with you, so they assume I will with them. And then there's the other half that won't even ask me out because they think I'm with you."


He nods and stays quiet for several moments. "So you still haven't..." He trails off as if he's embarrassed to finish his question.


She shakes her head. "Nope. I haven't dated anyone after Duke...and you know how that ended." He nods and she adds faking an upbeat tone, "So, no big deal. I'm off to college next week. There'll be plenty of guys there...maybe I'll meet someone or hell, I'll just end up at a party and someone will catch my eye..."


She would have rambled on if it wasn't for the horrified look on his face. She raises a brow at him and he seems to be searching for words when he says, "That. But. Ky. C'mon. You can't."


"I can't what?"


He sighs and shakes his head. "You can't do that...You should have that experience with someone...special." He scrunches his face at his own corny words and chuckles. “It’s just not something you g--”


With swift movement she leans forward,  frames his face with her hands and presses her lips to his, effectively quieting him.She kisses him deeply with no reservations or hesitation, instinctively taking the lead. She feels hesitation on his part at first but just like every other time they've kissed, he quickly responds and kisses her back.


When she finally pulls back, she finds him with his eyes still closed and his lips slightly parted. When he opens his eyes and their eyes connect she says breathily, "I've always had someone special."


With a blush on his cheeks he breaks eye contact and looks down at his hands. "I...you don't want to be with me." Before she can argue he looks up again and continues. "You're just starting out...we both are. You'll meet plenty of new people, have new experiences. I'm not sure where all of this music stuff will take me...I'll be busy. You deserve someone that will be there for you, someone that's around everyday..."


She sighs and nods, she knows he's right but it still feels unfair. "I just...I wish...I wish we could be."


He nods and leans forward again, pressing his lips to her cheek gently. "I know. I do too. Maybe one day."


She nods and places one hand on his cheek again. "Josh?" He raises his brows expectantly. "Maybe we could be together...just for tonight. Please?"


He stares into her eyes for what seems like forever before he nods and leans forward again, kissing her this time.


And then before they know it they've made their way to her bedroom, where their shirts and pants now rest on the floor as they lay on her bed.


Her lips are against the side of his neck and she is slowly kissing it while the tip of her nose gently nuzzles his skin. She can feel his lips on her neck as well and for a moment she becomes lost as she feels the tip of his tongue slowly tease her skin; the combination of the wetness he leaves behind and his slow breathing makes her shiver. Her fingers grasp onto his very short hair and she angles her neck back as she moans.


"Are you sure you want to do this?" He questions breathily as his teeth now nip gently at her earlobe.


She wants to scream, "Yes," but it only comes out as a whisper.


He kisses her deeply and she is lost again. Lost in the feeling of his lips against hers, the smooth, confident strokes of his tongue and the heavy weight of his body pressed down onto hers. She wants to yell for him to hurry and take the rest of their clothes off but now he's slowly grinding his hips against hers and she forgets about everything else but how good that feels.


"I'll be gentle, I promise..."


***


JC's eyes snapped open as he heard his cell phone ring loudly near his head. He hadn't turned the ringer off before he'd finally fallen asleep after tossing and turning most of the night, hoping that Kyra would have returned his calls.


Or his two messages on her answering machine.


Or his six texts.


Okay, maybe he'd overdone it but he needed to talk to her. He wanted to ask her why she'd run out so fast the night before.


He'd thought he'd read her well enough to know she'd wanted to kiss him too...but maybe he'd been mistaken. Now he wasn't sure what to do and he definitely couldn't take her shutting herself off from him again.


Not when he'd just gotten her back.


When his phone rang for the third time he finally snapped out of it and grabbed it quickly. He flipped it open and pressed it to his ear. "Ky, listen we need to--"


"Josh? Honey?"


He stopped short when he heard not Kyra, but his mother's voice interrupting him.

"Ma? What's wrong?" He sat up and tried to untangle himself from the mess of sheets and blankets he was in. He glanced at his watch, it was after ten am.


"Oh, nothing's wrong sweetheart. Um, Bobbie's here."


JC rubbed his eyes and ran a hand through his kinked hair as he frowned.

"What do you mean Bobbie's there?


His mother giggled nervously. "I mean she came for a visit because she couldn't seem to get a hold of you?"


JC groaned. "For fu--" He cut himself off before he could finish his curse and then he sighed. "I'm sorry Ma, is she right there with you?" He asked and when she sort of just hummed in answer he added, "Can you put her on please?"


Damn it. What was he going to do? He'd told her it was over for good the last time but apparently she hadn't gotten the message. He'd thought that not answering any of her calls in the last few days would have helped emphasize his point but it apparently hadn't either.


Damn it, he'd have to change his number.


Again.


He heard some shuffling in the background and then Bobbie's familiar voice said, "Baby? Where are you? I went to the house here and my code didn't work on the gate and the housekeeper wouldn't let me in." She was whining and he could just picture her stomping her foot like a child.


He rolled his eyes but said nothing and she added, "She was acting like she didn't understand english when I know very well that she can...stupid bitch. Your Mom says you're in Miami?"


He pinched the bridge of his nose. He'd told his parents that he was going to spend a few days in Miami, which had been true, but when he'd packed up and gotten on the road, instead of going right he'd gone left and as if he'd been meaning to all along had ended up at the airport and then on a flight to Boston.


"Baby?"


God, how had he ever thought that her voice was sexy? It was like nails on a chalkboard right now.


"No, I'm not in Miami...something came up. I um..."


What the hell was he going to do? He knew Bobbie and how she could fly off the handle when things didn't go her way. If he told her to fuck off right now she'd probably be a massive pain to her parents and wouldn't leave until he showed up.


He sighed again and stood up. "I'll um...I'll call Marcia to let you in. Must have been a misunderstanding."


Yeah, right. When he'd gone to his house in Florida his housekeeper, Marcia, had asked if Bobbie was going to be joining him and he'd told her that they'd broken it off for good.He'd almost laughed when he'd seen the relief on her face. He liked Marcia and though he didn't see her that often she always took on a motherly role towards him, even bringing him home cooked meals for him to reheat when he was there.


Now he felt bad about setting Bobbie on her for most of the day, but he'd apologize and explain when he called her.


If Bobbie was going to be breaking or taking any of his shit, he wanted to be there.


"Just hang tight, I should be there by tonight."


"Okay baby, I'll be waiting for you."


Well this should be interesting.


***





Chapter End Notes:
Don't forget to sign up for the NSYNC Fiction Harvest Ball, I did! While you're at it, leave me a review! I'll ship you some homemade spiced apple cider (well not really, but I'll say thanks...)


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story