“Juniper, get the chips from the car please? The hot dogs are almost done,” Chris called out to her one and only younger sister, she was a mere sixteen years old, just starting out on life, her tall model-like body could've easily placed her on the spot for modeling agencies all around the world, but her big brother Chris, refused not to, the two of them, were enjoying the summer afternoon on the lake, with their mom Bev, and dog Rufus.

“Coming Chris!” Juniper headed to the family's station wagon and got out two giant bags of Doritos and Lays, plus the refreshments, it was the year 1995, the air smelled sweet, boomboxes were playing some good tunes, birds were chirping, life was going great for the typical teenager.

“These BBQ hotdogs are gonna taste SO amazing seriously.” Chris told her when she came back with the snacks.

“Yeah even the crows loved them.” Juniper laughed, thinking that the last time they were at the lake, Chris left the grill unattended and a group of crows decided to take a lunch break.

“Don't bring that up sis! At least I can cook, and I don't burn anything, unlike you” Chris sneered.

“I can cook!” Juniper shouted back in defense.

Yeah right, boil an egg probably.”

Juniper scowled and through a tiny beach ball on Chris's back.

“Hey!” He shouted.

“Are you two bickering again?” Bev chuckled to herself as she placed the paper plates and plastic cups on the picnic table.

“No” Both of them said in unison.


Chris stuck his tongue at Juniper, and Juniper made a face back at him, even if Chris was twenty-four years old, he was still a kid at heart, always the big brother mode, and always watched Juniper's back.

Chris then got all the buns and the hot dogs and they each helped themselves, made light conversations, and shared a few jokes, just then a flying football came out of nowhere and almost landed on the table of where they were eating.

Luckily, nothing spilled.

“Hey! Watch it dude!” Chris shouted.

“Sorry about that, my aim is not that great, I do apologize, did I hit anyone?”

“No, but you almost did, next time, play somewhere else alright, away from the picnic table.” Chris snapped.

“I'm so sorry, and I will.” Said the tall young guy.

Juniper looked at the guy, he seemed about her age, tall, thin, short wavy hair, blue eyes, and he was shirtless with some black swim trunks.

He then took the football, said his apologies and ran off.

“Jerk.” Chris said bitterly.

“He said he was sorry Chris” Bev told him.

“I know, I just hate when people play ball near food areas, its really annoying,”

Juniper remained quiet and had a somewhat lost expression on her face.”

“Hey Earth to Juniper, didn't you hear what I said?” Chris snapped her fingers in her front of her, “was the guy a jerk or what?”

“Oh! Yeah, he was a jerk.”

Chris studied her face for a moment: “What's up with you?”

“Nothing.” Juniper tried to hide her rosy blush that appeared on her cheeks.

With that she got up from the table and went to the grill.

“Where you going?”

“I'm getting another hot dog.”

“But you didn't finish your hot dog yet.” Chris said staring at the half eaten hot dog on her paper plate.

“I know, I just want to have another one in case I get hungry?” Juniper forced a smile at her older brother, Chris just shrugged and continued eating.

Juniper couldn't get the tall handsome football guy out of her mind, she had to find him, was it teenage love? No, it couldn't be, that was impossible, or was it just a summer crush? Whatever it was, it was making Juniper feel all these feelings that she didn't felt before, and they weren't stopping anytime soon.

Chapter End Notes:

Ooh! :D Gotta love the summer days when random crushes appear out of NOWHERE.

Hopefully, I was thinking of either continuing this story, or completing it as a one-shot, but I may have some more ideas about this story, so I'll see how it goes, the name "Juniper" was a street sign that I saw a few days ago, while going the lake...so that name is based on that...LOL

Anyways, enjoy the story, hope you like it! :) 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story