It was now late afternoon, the sun was beating down on JC moist skin, he was sunbathing on the far side of the lake, just taking it all in, it was seriously just perfect, he was there with his older sister Heather and both of his parents, Tyler, the youngest, was making a sandcastle; JC was thinking about the tall girl that he saw earlier, he didn't really look at her well, but a quick glance, it was all too soon for it be anything serious, he was about to say something when he heard laughter from somewhere, he looked up from where he was sitting, and saw the young girl, talking to her brother, the two of them were skipping rocks near the lake, also enjoying the warm late afternoon sun, he wanted to give them both a formal apology of the football incident that happened earlier.

Both Chris and Juniper continued their skipping rock ordeal when they saw the young guy walk up to them,

“Is this the jerk from earlier? What does he want? Why do we always bump into this guy?” Chris rambled.

Juniper's heart skipped a beat, something on how he emerged from the water and the sun gleaming down his skin made Juniper get those warm and fuzzy feelings, “Juniper, get a hold of yourself!”

“What do you want??” Chris snapped.

“Look I think we got off on the wrong foot, I would like to properly introduce myself.” JC told him.

“I'm listening..” Chris said, crossing his arms.

“I'm Josh, but my friends call me JC, sorry what happened earlier.”

“Nice to meet you Josh!” Juniper said happily, reached out her hand and shook his nervously.

Chris just gave her a look, but also introduced himself: “I'm Chris, just Chris, her big brother.” Chris told him proudly.

“Oh, and your name is?” JC told Juniper.

In all the excitement, Juniper forgot to mention her own name, “Oh, my name is Juniper, I'm 16.”

“Oh me too!” JC told her, “Juniper is a nice name by the way.”

“Thank you.” Juniper blushed.

Chris interrupted the little love fest, “Ok, not that isn't fun, but we have to head back now, thank you JC for your polite introduction, but we must go now, maybe we'll see eachother some other time?” Chris was dragging his sister by the arm signaling her to leave.

“Yeah maybe, I'm not sure.”

“Later.” And with that, Chris and Juniper took off, leaving JC standing alone in the sun.

While running through the trail Chris told Juniper.

“You like him!”

Juniper was taken aback by the sudden response: “I do not!'

I saw the way you were looking at him, you so like him.” Chris taunted her.

“Chris! I don't even know the guy!” Juniper hissed.

“Doesn't matter, but you can't be interested in him, cause he's all wrong for you, I still think he's a jerk.”

“But he was nice.” Juniper said in a tiny voice.

“Sure he was.”

“Chris what are the odds of him seeing him again?”

“I don't know, we live in a small world, anything can happen.”

“But I don't like him.”

“Yeah, sure whatever you say baby sibling.” Chris taunted her again.

“Don't call me that!”

Chris then kept on taunting and laughing all the way back to the picnic area, with Juniper running behind him.

“Chris stop it!” Juniper called out, there were times that Juniper hated her big brother, hated him, and this was one of those times.
Chapter End Notes:
hThis is a short chapter, but Hope you guys like this one! :)

Incomplete
theusagirl is the author of 26 other stories.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story