"I don't want to get up," Rachel murmured as she snuggled into JC's chest. His arm tightened around her holding her close. She sighed contently.

 

The past four days had been amazing. JC had flown in on Monday morning after his show in San Antonio. They had spent every moment together. She showed him Chicago and her favorite places. They caught a show on Broadway. Went to a jazz bar. Hung out at Lincoln Park walking the pathways, checking out the zoo.

 

"We don't have to get up." JC ran his hand up and down her back; his fingers lightly caressing the skin. "Can lay here all day long." He actually preferred that. Not that he hadn't enjoyed the last couple of days. He did. Immensely. He enjoyed seeing Chicago through her eyes. Enjoyed seeing her favorite spots. The food. The music. The company...

 

Rachel was in trouble. She was falling in love.

 

Sixty seven days they had known each other and she was certain she loved him. Rachel didn't know that was possible. She had never fallen in love so quickly before. She had never felt this way before. Never fancied herself someone who could do long distance. But here she was. Over two months with the same guy and only the fourth time seeing him. The first three times had been quick visits. When he told her he had four days off, she had immediately invited him to Chicago; taking vacation for the week.

 

They spent so much time talking on the phone. Every night he called. Sometimes before the show. Sometimes after. Depending when he could snag the time. Maybe that's why she fell so fast. Distance made them only able to talk. The physical part of their relationship had to wait. Talking had made them closer. Learning more about each other. When they finally had sex Monday night it had been unbelievable.

 

"Spend our last day in bed together? No complaints from me." Rachel lifted her head from his chest. She stared at his face. Relaxed. Eyes closed. Long lashes resting against his cheeks. His brown hair fell over his forehead. Blue eyes opened when she brushed the curls off his forehead. He caught her hand and kissed her knuckles.

 

"We can spend most of the day in bed," he smiled at her. "We're busy tonight."

 

"What are we doing?" Rachel asked confused. Nothing had been planned to her knowledge.

 

"It's a surprise." JC grinned.

 

"A surprise? Come on, you can't do that to me," she complained. "How am I gonna know what to wear?"

 

"Wear whatever you want."

 

Rachel narrowed her eyes at him. "That doesn't help me at all."

 

JC smiled. He threaded his fingers through her hair. Cupping the back of her head he brought her lips to his and kissed her.

 

"That's not gonna work," Rachel murmured against his lips. It was. Working.

 

"We'll be outside." JC whispered as he kissed her again.

 

"What are we doing?"

 

JC rolled her over until she was on her back. He loomed over her. "We are staying right here until we leave at seven."

 

"But I need..." her words were lost when JC kissed her.

 

*~*

 

"It's so beautiful..." Rachel was mesmerized by the streaks of blues, reds, pinks, and oranges as the sun set over Lake Michigan. The temps were in the lower 70s. The slight breeze blew her hair sending the strands dancing over her arms made bare by the sundress she wore. In a few minutes she'd have to grab the light sweater she brought. Until then, she was content standing along the railing of the boat. JC standing behind her his hand resting on her hip.

 

It had been a welcomed surprise. A sunset dinner cruise on Lake Michigan. The boat was spacious but they were the only occupants. It was lovely. It was romantic. The atmosphere. The scenery. Her date. Everything.

 

She let her body sway back into JC leaning against him. When he wrapped his arms around her settling her more comfortably against him, she covered his arms with hers. They stood like that staring as the sun completely dipped below the horizon.

 

"These four days have been amazing." Rachel broke the hold and turned to face JC. She threaded her arms around his waist stepping closer to him. "Tonight has been amazing."

 

"I'm glad." JC copied her movements, wrapping his arms around her waist. "Spending these last few days with you have been incredible."

 

"I wish we had more time. So many things we didn't get to yet." Her heart was already breaking at the thought of having to say goodbye. She knew it would be a lot rougher tomorrow. Their relationship was different. Had changed this visit. Finally making love...she felt more connected to him than she had to any of her previous boyfriends.

 

"Make a list and we'll knock some of it out when I come back." JC didn't know when that would be, but he knew he would be back. Was already looking forward to being back and taking her to some of his favorite places in the city. And some of those outside the city. His parents lived in Chicago. His next visit, he was definitely introducing Rachel to them. His mom and dad would love her.

 

He ducked his head and kissed her softly. He couldn't wait to get back to her apartment, lay her down on her bed, and make love to her well into the night. Fall asleep. Wake up and do it again. It would be worth it to be dead tired on stage. Totally worth it.

 

Rachel laid her head on his chest. The waves gently rocked the boat. They swayed together as the boat headed back to shore. His heart beat in her ear and her eyes fluttered closed. The thump thump comforted her. She sighed softly causing his arms to tighten around her. Lifting her head she stared into his eyes. Her own heart stumbled as she caught his gaze. She couldn't fight it. She was gone. "I love you JC."

 

JC eyes widened at Rachel's softly spoken words. Unexpected words. Welcomed words. Oh were they welcomed. He kissed her, holding her tightly in his arms. When he broke the kiss he waited for her eyes to open and meet his. When they did, he whispered, "I love you too."

 

She said I love you to me



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story